Whirlpool Washing Machines
2.08/5

Need a washer and dryer?

Whirlpool Washing Machines

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

2423 Whirlpool Washing Machines Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

It bring everything clearer. I like it. I hope to get about 30 years service. My old Whirlpool lasted. I think I will buy it again. Tell everyone I see and everyone. I hope that make nothing better than this. Cost never change anything. I hope I have a new one.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

I have always chosen Whirlpool or a Whirlpool product such as Kenmore or KitchenAid. Preferably with an actual agitator in the tub. As a very capable handyman, repairs have been easy and relatively reasonable in cost. My units are 15 years old and going strong.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

I have a stackable washer and dryer, apartment size. I don't use much soap but it still requires two rinses (meaning I have to manually set it on rinse when it is finished).

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

Uses little soap. Not sure on clean. Don’t think front loader clean as well as top loaders. Would recommend top loaders with no agitation. Also would recommend white as a standard color. I am unhappy with the way a front loader works. I am happier with a top loader, cleans better.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

We dropped our front loaders due to dealing with mold and mildew plus hard towels. Our answer was the Cabrio from Whirlpool; top loader washer that works great plus front loader dryer that is great! We have had these for over a year now and give them five stars!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Whirlpool?

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

The Cabrio washing machine I was told by salesman best made so I spent big $$, makes sense right?! Wrong! During spin cycles sounds like jet plane taking off, was told barrings or drive shaft is at fault cause water seeping inside, causing rust, Whirlpool didn’t seal it or designed it to ensure no seepage. Never again Whirlpool. I’m done with your ineptitude, Type: 580. mod. WTW6500WW1. Set.# CY4970595.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

Our first Whirlpool washer barely lasted 1 1/2years. They replaced it with another one that broke within 9 months. When it worked, it was great... When it didn't, it either overflowed or did not ring clothes tightly on the second rinse.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

I have owned several machines of this brand over the past 81 years. The machines, whether purchased new or used gave good service for years. Any problems had to do with the plumbing where I lived. I.e. Drain not proper size to facilitate the emptying of water. They each performed as advertised until they became totally nonfunctional after years of good service.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

We have had the washer and dryer for over 10 years and they are still working great. We have had washers and dryers in the past within 2 years have failed, and repairs have cost us almost as much as a new one. Thank God for the ones we have now.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

Apparently my machine, bought in 2011, was the first year they were made in the US. The washer has leaked soap down the front (a front loader) since day one. Service has come and replaced just about everything and it's never helped. It's literally a piece of junk. Very disappointing. My older ones were great.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

When you use like Tide pods or any kind of it doesn't even break it up and it ruins a load of laundry, so after about 3 washes and hot water, but you can't get the stains out it doesn't wash too good.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

Does not get clothes clean. Period!! Takes just over 1hr. Noisy, lasted 3 1/2 years, transmission broke, take the warranty with a washer/dryer. Whirlpool was the top of the line, front loaders give less trouble, agitators clean better, go for the cheaper versions, our loaner Whirlpool, WTW4850H or WTW4950H washes quicker and cleaner than the Cabrio Energy Star.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I have purchased Whirlpool appliances for years and have usually had a positive experience. My washer and dryer are workhorses. They are dependable and the controls are very conveniently located. There are more settings than you need and the combinations are endless. Very happy with my choice.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I have had Kenmore/Whirlpool appliances for over 45 years. They are of high quality and never disappoint. I bought my Whirlpool dryer in 1997 and it is still going strong. Whirlpool is always my first choice for any appliance.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I purchase this machine over 15 years ago. It’s still working, washes the clothes. The only problem the section where the bleach is poured is completely rusted out. The machine has definitely lasted beyond the 15-year cycle. I intend to purchase a new one. I probably would buy the same brand.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

My Cabrio was built in April 2016, it's now Feb 2019, and it's not working. Shows error code of LF, the inlet water value is bad. I bought a Sears protection plan, repairman comes out, tells me no-one has the part anywhere, it's backordered and no way to know when it will deliver. Sounds like a scam so Sears doesn't have to fix it and Whirlpool makes little to none of the part so you have to buy a new machine. This machine also takes forever to wash clothes, sometimes part of the clothes come out dry because not enough water. It's a huge tub, but of no use because there's not enough water to clean properly therefore, you have to do small loads. I always put it on "high water" because the other features like, "quick wash & normal" do not give but only little streams of water! The first one I had delivered made a funny noise from day one so Sears replaced it the next day. This one has NOT even lasted 3 yrs.

There needs to be new legislation placed upon these companies with regards to the products they make. It should be illegal to make such junk and be able to charge high dollar for it and it doesn't operate well or last very long. They are laughing all the way to the bank on everyone's dollar, intentionally making products that last less than a few years! I Will NOT purchase Whirlpool or any of their products again! They owe me a new Cabrio and I'm going to make sure I get it and get my money's worth! DON'T WASTE YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY ON THIS JUNKER! DON'T BE FOOLED BY ITS PRETTY SLEEK LOOK.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

I have a front loader. I love it. I have never had a problem with mould although I live in high humidity. I do always leave the door open when not in use. I find my clothes last longer, can wash more delicate items without using a wash bag and save water. Have never had a problem with things coming out clean either, and no repair issues.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

My washer machine is plain and that's o.k. But no port for the fabric softener. You have to be close to be able to tell when it is in the rinse cycle. The clothes are too wet after the spin cycle, so drying takes longer. Had this machine for 2 months and it needs repaired. I wish there was a bigger agitator because some items are not coming out as clean as expected. I need to run it through the wash cycle a second time. Maybe not enough water.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

Clothes don't always come out clean. If there is anything more than 2 sheets in the washer, it becomes unbalanced and then goes through a rinse until the water is up to the top! You have to watch any heavy load for this! Today there were 3 sheets in the washer and sure enough it kept rinsing until I physically reached in and rearranged the sheets. Then when it was done and I pulled the sheets out to put in the dryer, they were SOAKING wet! I hate this machine and will NEVER get an HE washer again.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

Have had these for many years now, and have not had any problem at all. They work great, as advertised. When they eventually wear out, I'll stick with the same brand. They seem to be a very reliable product.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

I had the best experience when I purchased my washing machine and dryer. The personnel were professional and very pleasant. I am quite pleased with my washer and dryer. I have had a couple of minor problems but the warranty that I had on them was excellent.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

Bought the Whirlpool Duet washing machine. It lasted around eight years. In the meantime I was replacing the rubber door seal cleaning out the pump constantly. The plastic pieces inside the drum all broke. Every few months I would get an error code. And During spin cycle it would literally shake my entire house. The problem with all the front loaders is the construction of the drum and the drum bracket. They are made of dissimilar materials. (Stainless and zinc) When you add soap to the water then the bracket becomes an anode and the drum becomes a cathode, which creates electrolysis which corrodes the bracket. When the bracket breaks your machine is totaled. I’m finished with every manufacture except Speed Queen. I bought a Top loader Speed Queen and I love it, it is built like a tank.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

Has multiple wash Cycles. Big enough to wash a comforter. Has a delay setting so I can set it 8 hours in advance. Easy to load, easy to add the wash ingredients. It's a top load so it's easy to get everything in and out.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

I bought a Cabrio washer in late 2015. All I've had is trouble with this joke of a product. After three years it won't do any cycle, the people at Whirlpool don't care. Please don't buy any Whirlpool product.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

We purchased a Whirlpool washing machine for $600 from a local retailer and it broke down within three months. It is now been two months and two repairman visits later and still not fixed. I called them and talked to customer service who then transferred me to another department. So far it’s just been the typical runaround with no results. I demanded an immediate replacement but was told that would need approval from yet another department. I don’t remember what departments are involved nor do I care. I am simply disgusted with this baloney.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

I bought this washer less than 2 months ago and I am devastated to say the least as they are not even remotely cheap. Appears that is doesn't come close to using enough water or enough agitation to get even 2 pieces of clothing clean. What good is 5.8cu (largest size tub) if you can't even wash a load sized for non HE washer. I am forced to wash a 1/4 of the amount of clothing now vs my previous standard washer, if I even want half cleaned clothing. I have tried every cycle with no difference.

Doesn't use enough water but appears to spend most of the cycle time, filling with water. I know that sounds contradictory, but there isn't really any other way to explain it. Might as well not even have an (agitator), I use that word lightly here, as it does nothing to help clean the clothing inside. Pre-programmed cycles are not enough to do what you need it to do. Because of the pre-programmed cycles, unable to place clothing inside, fill with water, agitate a little and then stop or pause long enough to let contents soak for a while. I really miss being able to do this with my previous Whirlpool washer.

It doesn't matter how little or how much detergent you use, the results are always the same, clothing comes out partially dry and dirty. Usually requires 2 or more wash cycles to remotely obtain clean items. Most items never even go under the water, no matter how much water it decides to fill with. I am so disappointed with Whirlpool with this fiasco they call a washer, with their name on it and they should be also. I have never owned any other brand than Whirlpool, so I didn't hesitate to buy this set, as I had wanted them for several years and finally made the decision to purchase and what a mistake this was. Will never make this mistake again. Whirlpool needs to correct this for every customer that has purchased these washers or risk ruining their reputation.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

I bought this Whirlpool Cabrio washer three and 1/2 years ago and the assembly which is basically the transmission and the assembly which is the agitator is out! Needs replaced! This is complete crap! The new parts will costs over $500 bucks plus labor! Ridiculous! My last washer which was a Maytag lasted me 20 years! What a piece of junk! Now I have to. It a new washer! No thanks to you Whirlpool! I will never buy another Whirlpool appliance again! Neither will my family or friends!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

Our 4 year old Cabrio top loading washer failed. Apparently there is an engineering design issue with the pump and tub assembly causing the machine to not complete its spin cycle. These items will typically fail between two to four years of operation. We paid $1,000 for what we thought was a high end machine from Whirlpool. After having a local repair company diagnose the issue, we were told by Whirlpool we must use their "authorized" service companies. After 6 weeks of waiting for service, parts and several trips to the laundromat, we had the repairs completed by Whirlpool's authorized service provider. Within one week, our machine failed again, called Whirlpool and they said will not help us. DO NOT BUY WHIRLPOOL PRODUCTS!!!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

So we purchased a Whirlpool Cabrio in August of 2017 and it broke down when it was still within factory warranty. Whirlpool covered the costs of the repairs but I dealt with it being down for over 6 weeks before getting fixed. I have a very large family of 11 children with 10 still living in the house so the wash machine runs nonstop. After spending $200 at the laundromat for a couple weeks I went out and bought another wash machine. Once the wash machine was repaired and I started getting some faith in it again I sold the other wash machine. Granted I’m still paying on the credit card that I purchased that wash machine with because I didn’t get enough out of it but I didn’t want to keep a spare wash machine around the house.

2 months later the Whirlpool wash machine breaks down again. This wash machine has had a new touch panel installed, control board, lid lock, and drain pump yet it still keeps breaking down and when I speak with Whirlpool I’m not getting any voice of concern. I don’t recommend ever purchasing Whirlpool wash machines and purchasing the extended warranty is nothing but a joke unless you are ok with it being broke down months at a time. Which in my lifestyle with the size of family I have this is ridiculous with the service I’m receiving.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

The machine was working good till the period of warranty that is of approximately two years. As soon as the warranty expired the machine started giving problems. We then called a person from their company to repair the machine which costed us 10000 rupees after which the person who repaired told us it's just like a new one and we would not face any difficulties for two years. But we are having problem again after 4 months and the new repairer says we need to pay more. 4000 rupees. We could have a bought a new one with so much money. It was really a bad experience. Please do not buy anything from this company.

Whirlpool Washing Machines Company Information