Save on Appliance Repairs

With the Best Home Warranty

Compare Quotes

2469 Whirlpool Washing Machines Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

My Whirlpool washer and dryer are 19 yrs old and get the job done. But if I can find the money for new, I will replace them. I do worry about the lack of quality of new products and all the techy parts that I am told don't last with expensive repairs and push for extended warranties that don't really save money. Which brand do you recommend???

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

Purchased a Cabrio large capacity washer. It NEVER seemed to get the clothes clean enough, and after the sensors and bearings went bad within three years (out of warranty of course) I gladly kicked it to the curb. I bought a Samsung that has been great. I'd like to support USA made, but not when it is AWFUL.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

My dryer has to run twice to completely dry my clothes. I had it serviced still a problem. My washer has had some issues but repaired and working fine. I will never buy this name brand again. Not sure what I will buy next.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

The "new"? improved model with NO center agitator is the worst - clothes tangle badly and the load becomes very unbalanced, wobbly and noisy. How I got talked into this model by a Sears salespeople was a big mistake!!!

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

I have a top loader Whirlpool and I love it. It cleans things really well. I do use oxi clean in it, so that maybe the difference. Gets lots of stains out. I have been able to put blankets in it and queen sized sheets.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Whirlpool?

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

When you first get the washer it looks like it can get the job done. It's the brand name and you trust to get the best clean from the washer. After a couple of months I don't see them clean. It washes with a couple of shakes back and forth and when my clothes are ready they seem like they were dipped in water. Not clean. It has all these fancy buttons for all different types of cycles and loads and they all seem to wash the same. As a mother of 3 kids I want my kids to put on CLEAN clothes. Not clothes that look like they have just been dipped in the water with detergent. I feel a good on cleaning board and my hands do a lot more than these high priced washers.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

My washer and dryer have been a great experience. Doing laundry has never been my favorite chore but these energy efficient and state of the art machines live up to their advertising. One of the best things I like about the washer is the ability to set the run time for a future time. I do wish the dryer had something similar.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

Purchase at 2014 and still working and nowadays, they don't make refrigerators, washer or dryers to last more than 3 to 4 years. The quality of appliances, really such since the manufacturers are greedy. And after the 5 year Warranty expires, only Lowe's buys back the the appliances and Home Depot. Their Warranty specifies that you have to purchase from them to replacement of an appliances if purchased from them!??? Therefore I would not buy any appliance from them. A refrigerator, washer or dryer, you can take parts from each one and build a whole new appliance, which is very disappointing! TO ME THIS IS BAD BUSINESS FOR AMERICANS, not all people know this by experiencing this yourself and I let people know about my experiencing this myself, manufacturers should make products in The United States of America???

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

We have front loaders. Far, far less damaging to the clothing than a top loader with agitator, would never go back to top loader. That comes with a caveat though. There is a difference you may not realize between the two styles. With a front loader comes a little maintenance. You will need to clean the washer periodically. Most all the stores sell the cleaning tablets and no, not all cleaners are created equal. I will only use Affresh after testing most of them. With a front loader there is always some water in the bottom of the drum, even after the cycle ends and even when it looks empty. So if you wash real dirty or smelly things, you’ll want to run an empty cycle to rinse out that leftover water or run with cleaner.

In between wash days you’ll need to leave the door open so it doesn’t mold or mildew. The door gasket/seals will show mold and mildew and or you’ll get a mildew smell in your clothing. The only issues we’ve had with these units were the learning curve on front loaders in general and with the dryer we had the water valve for the steam function stick open (after 5 years) but it was due to calcium build up from our well water, not a issue with the machine itself.

The dryer lint screen could be better. It is vertical so as the lint builds up during a cycle it drops to the bottom and accumulated at the bottom falling off as you pull it out each time to clean it. The lint catches on a crazy amount of extrusions inside the lint trap which also makes it nearly impossible to get down in and effectively clean all the crap out. One last thing if you're changing from top to front loaders. Buy the peristalsis, they’re expensive but it’s a pain in the butt to get stuff out if you don’t have them. Overall we’ve been very happy with our Whirlpool front loaders and would confidently recommend them to you.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

We have purchased the middle of the line Whirlpool Duet series several times for own use as well as for our rentals. These things are beasts and we have hardly ever had any issues whatsoever with the 3 sets we have owned and used. I know things change from one production year to the next but the quality has been reliable with every set. Won't change brands unless reviews indicate they have declined big time in quality.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

The washing machine has been through 4 boots. The boot material is so flimsy, that they tear constantly causing water to leak out of the machine. There are times it is minimum water, and other times a lot of water.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

It goes off balance, frequently. It is moldy and stinky. I wipe it out, use a cleaner and leave the door open, but it still stinks. I am getting rid of it and buying a Speed Queen top loader. I am extremely disappointed in the front loader Whirlpool.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

Within two years I did have to replace the gasket on the washer. A wire behind the gasket caught on my load of clothes creating a mess and the whole thing had to be replaced. The washer is a side loader which I think does a better job of cleaning and uses less water, but if you have toddlers you will have to keep door closed and that cause mold and mildew buildup. Other than that I have had it for 12 years and both dryer and washer work well.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

Because the lid was not thoroughly covered, painted and sealed, it began to rust within first year. When I contacted Whirlpool about this - they were not only rude, but will not support quality issues with their products. They basically said they did not care and even acted like a consumer should expect such things! Actually said because it's subjected to high moisture levels. WRONG, I do NOT just expect rust. It only formed due to poor quality paint job and was not cured correctly. My Kenmore washer and dryer both, were 25 years old and had zero rust and still functioned when I replaced them with these Whirlpool. It's frustrating that there are no quality, American made products anymore.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

Piece of junk that tears up clothes but doesn't clean. Company has ZERO care for their customers. I will never buy Whirlpool again. We called and called and called. Washer took two hours for a normal load. Crust and odors still there. Dryer was fine.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

Builder has to be constantly cleaned. To do that you have to take the machine apart. Dispenser for fabric softener does not work and has been replaced. After replacing the dispenser it still does not work. We've had to clean V filter at least once every two months which takes approximately 15 to 20 minutes each time. And it's not easy. Also water drains on the floor when we do this.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

HE washer does not clean well. I followed all instructions for detergents, settings, etc and it has not improved. Leaves white marks on dark clothing. Does not use enough water. Contacted Whirlpool and they were not helpful. I would not buy this product again!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

Takes 2 or 3 full cycles to dry small load. Big disappointment, drying is such a horrible experience since the clothes never dry when I expect them to. Not satisfied at all.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

The washer worked well the first year and has gone downhill since. There is mold on the rubber seal where the door closes. This was supposed to be a recall and was never sent the replacement part. We have to constantly use bleach to clean the rubber.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

We bought my Whirlpool top loading washer and dryer back in 2005, and they have not disappointed. Apart from needing a heating element replaced due to poor ventilation one time, both machines are extremely dependable and wash our clothes quite clean!

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

I needed a new washer and dryer, as I sold my other ones with my last house. I have been so happy with the economy of a front loading washer, and the clothes really don't require pretreating because Tide and the washer take care of everything!

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

I like to wash in cold water and warm. But I don't wash in warm because the water is Hot. We have replaced a part that was to fix it but didn't. So I will turn on the hot water a little and that seems to work.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

My front load washer doesn’t get my clothes clean. I have to rinse twice and still there is soap in my towels and they smell bad. I’ve followed all the tips without much luck. Now I use only Oxyclean and rinse with 1/4-1/8 c vinegar. The machine doesn’t pump all of the water out of the machine either. To me it is low-efficiency!

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

I have used Kenmore products for about 50 years, so when it came time to replace my old washer I looked at Kenmore/Whirlpool. I upgraded to the top of the line. I had been warned by 2 service techs (2 different companies) that had tried to keep my old Kenmore alive that the new ones are not up to par compared to the old ones. The first very small load that I tried, was not even thoroughly wet when I took it out to put in the dryer. 1st service call, tech suggested that I put machine on extra water.

That helped sort of. A few weeks later, wash is not getting clean. Called Whirlpool, they suggested getting the washer cleaner and clean the washer. Went out and bought a special cleaner, $10-12 and two cleanings later using the extra water and extra wash water I now was getting cleaner clothes. They said I would need to clean the washer every 2 to 4 weeks. I have continued to use washer but frequently have to rewash about 1 in every 5 to 10 loads as it doesn't always clean everything in the load. Called the Co., they sent service out, they said it's OK!

In Jan. We went out of town for 2 weeks. The washer had not been used for 4 days before we left. Came home to water all over the floor which are hardwood. Needless to say our hardwood is all warped! Service came out, ran the washer for about 15 min. and said it was fine, nothing wrong! Called Whirlpool again! Washer is now out of warranty. They said call a local service, out of their hands as it is out of warranty! Nothing more than they can do.

I have used Kenmore/Whirlpool Appliances all my life and they have been wonderful. The new ones are garbage as far as I can tell. I have a Refer that is now 3-4 years old and I have had problems with that, a new dishwasher that is 2ish and have had service out on that one, now my brand new washer top of the line and it is so bad I am afraid to use it unless I am sitting right in front of it watching it! Further if you have the rinse cycle on the clothes come out so wrinkled that you need to get out your iron out and iron everything including sheets and linens. Lucky that I did not replace my old dryer! Do I recommend Whirlpool anymore? Not on your life. I wish I knew what to replace them with!

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

I have had nothing but Whirlpool for 40+ years, I am on my 2nd washer and 2nd dryer! They do the job I need, they are very reliable. If I had any downside it would be they don’t hold a queen size comforter.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

We bought our combo 20 years ago and it is still running fine. Only the dryer fuse has been replaced. It is a simple machine with just a few settings. Unlike newer machines that have the settings on a pad and are confusing to use, ours is straightforwards. It is quite energy efficient as well. It's a great little unit.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

Since there is only two people in this home, we decided to go for the smaller front-loading machine. This was purchased in 2012, still running. It does a clean wash, however common sense does remind people to not over-load a front load washer. If one follows directions, it gets the job done, and one's machine lasts longer without problems. Thanks.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

The washer has a convenient water level feature which enables conservation. The dryer also feature multiple heat/timing features, another conservation plus. Both are compact and easily loaded and unloaded. The multiple alerts at the ending of the dryer cycles are a convenience.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

The timer seems to have a mind of its own. When I check the time at start it might say 43 minutes. 45 minutes later I check and it shows 18 minutes left. Then I go check again in about 15 minutes and it shows 22 minutes. This happens not all the time but, it is a headache.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I had owned another Whirlpool Washer before, which died. I purchased this one. It was noisy and unreliable. Whereas the previous one lasted for 10 years, this one stopped working in less than 6. I went out and replaced it with a GE instead.

Whirlpool Washing Machines Company Information