Whirlpool Washing Machines

Whirlpool Washing Machines

3.2/5 (119 ratings)

About Whirlpool Washing Machines

Whirlpool Washing Machines Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Whirlpool Washing Machines?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Whirlpool?

Original review: Aug. 29, 2021

Very bad model Whirlpool washing machine. Pls don't buy any customers because from the date of installation it's a headache for my family. I have a trust on whirlpool company but now I don't have. The problem is in every water select mode the tub is filling full and overfilling from the top always room fully with water. I hope the machine is not sensing water level. Such a bad experience from whirlpool company. My review is genius. My date of purchase is 28/7/2021

Original review: Aug. 25, 2021

I'm 70 years old and always bought Whirlpool washing machines. My last one I bought at Lowe's and it is the most I've ever paid for a washer and it's the worst I've ever owned! Don't waste your money! Hard to get clothes balanced and it slams and bams like the old 1970 washing machines! Horrible!!!

Original review: Aug. 20, 2021

My washing machine quit working with one month left on the warranty. In trying to schedule repair I was never able to talk to a live person. Via chat and online scheduling they could not or would not come out for 10 days. Also they would not approve use of a local repairman who was willing to work on it in 2 days. Waiting 10 days for service on a washing machine is crazy.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2021

I'm very happy with my Whirlpool washer and dryer. The washer leaves the clothes clean and has a variety of wash cycles and water levels and is quiet. The dryer also has a variety of drying selections for all clothes and heavy loads and it's very quiet.

Original review: July 30, 2021

This washer & dryer is the extra large capacity combo. Uses less water but surprisingly the clothes come out clean as a whistle. Less detergent. Sin all cleans clothes excellent & saves you money. A win/win!

Original review: July 29, 2021

Had my first twin 21 years. Hated to see it go. New model like a piece of tin. However, things today are not made to last very long. This unit is 2 years old and will need major repair already. Unfortunately my set up calls for this type unit. Just had similar thing with brand new Whirlpool side-by-side. Thinking I need to try different brand.

Original review: July 20, 2021

I purchased this machine in February 2019. The standard one-year warranty covered the first service call less than one year later. This call was related to the main control board. If this part goes out it will prevent the washer from advancing through the cycles. A technician was able correct this problem by resetting control board. That was sometime the first year. The next call was for the same problem and it cost me $90 to have a technician reset the board again. I then learned how to do it myself through online research. However, I had to do it more regularly and this got old as you can imagine.

I did buy myself about two months of time by purchasing a used part but it soon failed as well. This main control board cost $564 if you get it from the manufacturer. This exceeds the cost of the machine. It was purchased in 2019. (The same machine has gone up to $740 today.) I had no other problems with that appliance however, it appears nowadays with electronics taking over cycles vs. mechanical parts you will not enjoy the same longevity as I did when I got 16 years out of a GE washer before this one. I have replaced this machine with a competitor's product that costs less than the part except for the 5-year warranty from Lowe's.

Original review: July 11, 2021

My elderly mother purchased a Whirlpool Washer Mode Number WTW4955HW1 in November 2020. The washer has had nothing but problems. It leaks, vibrates and moves on the floor. My mother called Home Depot to see what she needs to do, and they said once they deliver the product it is out of their hands. Had our first service call in May 2021 by an authorized service and he said they should sell this on eBay. It is a horrible product, he said there is nothing he can do. Had a second authorized service in June 2021 and they said we needed a new tub which they ordered, and he said this will take up to 2 months, they also said to do only small loads and only use the deep-water wash and deep water rinse. After the technician left the agitator now comes apart. Would not recommend this product to anyone and I would never buy anything at Home Depot because they do stand by the products they sell.

Original review: June 28, 2021

In January 2021 I purchased a front load Whirlpool washer and matching dryer. They were delivered on February 6 2021. The first load we found water on the floor. I thought I didn't close the detergent drawer so I proceeded with the next load. Again I found water this even through the ceiling tile in room below. So with the next load I sat in laundry room to see what was happening. When on the rinse cycle water shoots out the front of the dispenser drawer.

Contacted service, they sent repair man. He ordered new parts and I waited over 3 weeks for next repair call to find out that whirlpool had part all along. Repair man came again and still no resolution to issue. He was told to order same parts again - still no resolution yet again. I fought with Whirlpool till they said they would give me a new machine. Now fighting because delivery people won't uninstall 1st washer and install new machine. Today is June 28 2021 and I still DONT HAVE A WASHER TO USE. I haven't even used the dryer yet. I have $3400 and numerous hours with Whirlpool trying to resolve this issue! Can you help? Whirlpool continues to string us along, telling us to be patient, they're doing their best.

Original review: June 11, 2021

I'M OLD AND DISABLED WOMAN. Bought a brand new $800 Whirlpool top loader washer and it won't work after not even a month. Called whirlpool and had the worst customer service from Tammy. I have to wait to compose myself to call back cause the washer is junk... F9E1 SENSOR. I'M NOT A MAN! Worst customer service. Thought my washer would last longer. It's been 1 hour 45 minutes. Won't turn off. I CAN'T unplug TAMMY! IF I COULD I WOULD!

Original review: April 11, 2021

I was not impressed with the new HE washers but could not find any traditional ones anymore. I bought a Amana and am disgusted that it is only 3 years old and needs to be replaced because of a transmission problem with it not agitating. It costs more to repair than it is worth. As a consumer, I should be given a choice whether I want to upscale or be satisfied with older model features. I will never buy or recommend a Amana HE washer to anyone. My mother also has one, has had it for a year and it is already giving her problems. Shame on you Whirlpool.

Original review: March 27, 2021

The washer and dryer leaves the clothes heavy and wet, the balancing does not work, therefore the spin cycle just bangs against the machine, I tried emailing the support but no response, can somebody reach out.

Original review: March 20, 2021

Hi team, I have to lodge this complaint after because of getting continuous problems I have suffered with my Whirlpool fully automatic washing machine top load 11 kg bloom wash 360 degree. I purchased the abovesaid brand new washing machine on 1st Jan 2017. Since the purchase I am struggling with this machine. I raised the fault in the beginning itself and the service was done on 5th of Feb. Jobs sheets enclosed here with.

Similar issues kept on arising and whenever I raised those issues with the whirlpool team, they mentioned that company policy is to repair the faulty part if it’s in warranty and they will not replace. They suggested me to go for the AMC and to be on the safer side, I also took AMC under warranty period only. (AMC card - My cheque dates and service details all are mentioned onto it.) Recently I faced another issue on 26th Feb for which ticket was raised. Engineer visited on 27th Feb and advised us to replace the motor part. On 3rd March they replaced motor mechanism and ball-bearings. Then engineer advised us to check the working by giving a trial wash.

I started the machine to wash clothes and after 20 mins machine started making abnormal noise. (I have made video of it, audio of the video captured the noise). I again called up the service engineer immediately and informed him about the voice coming out of machine and he gave a lame answer by saying “It is normal sound”. Then I again called Whirlpool and requested senior engineer visit to resolve the issue. Senior engineer visited and told us that one of motor screw wasn’t tighten properly. It opened while running the machine which completely damaged the motor.

After that I am continuously calling to service centre to get the updates on my machine motor replacement. Finally they mentioned that they don't have motor part available with them due to company ceased this model productivity. When I raised this issue with the Whirlpool team they mentioned that they can only pay 40% of the machine value, because I had AMC. However, I did mention that this damage is caused by the negligence of their service engineer, but they didn’t discuss anything about it.

When I continuously chased them they dropped me an email to refund only the 40% of the machine value. I feel cheated and harassed!! When I bought the machine they gave us 10 years warranty now they mention that motor is not available as it’s a 5 years old model. My grievance is that since I had already taken the AMC and the damage was also caused by their engineer, why I have to bear the loss. I have already struggled a lot with this machine since last 5 years from the day I bought this machine and now I am losing my hard earned money. Kindly do the needful.

Documents attached as follows:
1. Serial number of this machine
2. Bill/ Invoice copy from dealer
3. Job sheets

4. AMC card (with 3 years extended warranty)

Thanks,

Pratibha

Original review: Feb. 22, 2021

I purchased a front loading Whirlpool washing machine March 2017. I have need to have the drain pump replaced and the motherboard replaced. Each repair took 30 to 45 days to get parts and service. I would not recommend the washing machine.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2021

The cycles available on this model are so limited and not enough appropriate options. The number of cycles available is deceiving when there are "limits" set on some cycles. The machine twists the legs and sleeves of garments so tight they are very difficult to pry apart. I tried large mesh bags but suspect they don't get as clean. Yesterday one bedsheet had 2 large (3 inch diameter) holes torn in the middle from rubbing or twisting! This was not a old or thin sheet. There is usually residue left on the garments that is very difficult to remove as well as time consuming and annoying. I have never in 50 years had that problem unless I left a tissue in a pocket.

Any savings of energy and resources will be lost as I try washing a very few items at a time. The spin feature does reduce drying time but sets wrinkles because of the tight twist along with the spin speed. I am sorry I had to replace my 42 year old washing machine knowing this one is so deficient and has a very short built-in life expectancy.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2021

Purchased a new Whirlpool washer and it has the "sensor"-- like I am too stupid to decide on the level of water to match my load-- not sure why I got an agitator because I am the only thing it agitates. The clothes just sit there in its own filth and then go in the dryer. Actually put a stained item in the wash to remove the stain and instead it just spread to other clothing and has stained and possibly damaged them. Washing the same clothes 3 times is not saving energy, water and time for me.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2021

I replaced our old Whirlpool washer that we had for 10 years with a new Whirlpool high-efficiency front load washer in August 2020 - it quit working on December 11, 2020. Got a repair person through Whirlpool on December 22nd who said I need a new motherboard. I am still waiting!!! 42 days with no washer and Whirlpool has no answers regarding the parts arrival and I can’t even sell the thing and get another brand because it doesn’t work! I’m beyond angry!!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2020

2020 Maytag washing machine purchased Sept. 19 2020, never worked from day one. Agitator does not work, makes noise like the machine is struggling to work. Does not rinse detergent out of clothes. Water level is minimal. Went to the dealer Dufresne in Swan River, MB. They sent out a repairman which I paid for, I was informed many customers were complaining that these machines are nothing but garbage. I went back to Dufresne and confronted the sales woman, laughed in my face and told me to leave the store, I was totally taken aback by her rudeness, phoned Whirlpool, spoke to a woman who was very ignorant, I asked to speak to a supervisor who told me that's the way the machines are designed because they are made, DO NOT BUY WHIRLPOOL APPLIANCES, NEVER NEVER.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2020

I've been a landlord since 1997 and have multiple sets of coin laundry machines. The older Whirlpool machines are great and have lasted 25-40+ years with almost no issues. Replaced a washer with this model 4 years ago and have multiple problems. I'm buying a used coin operated washer that's older than this model just to get rid of it. Cost of parts is almost half the cost of a new washer, and adding on labor and time makes no sense. Very happy to get rid of it. Electronics instead of mechanics has been the problem. Electronic switch that is activated with the coin slide broke, the main board fried, and the lid switch has caused problems

Original review: Nov. 30, 2020

They sold me a washer that did not work. First load failed and the machine locked closed. Error E1 F9. Took 7 days for technicians to open the machine. The laundry was rancid by then. Needed a new drain pump motor, which was installed 37 days later. Whirlpool offered $150 for my loss of clothing. Ridiculous. Value $900, I asked for $500. Awful.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2020

Rust started forming early on our washer and spread quickly. Our house is air conditioned and not near the ocean. There was no reason for the rust. Poor quality finishing is the only explanation. When I called to complain I got nowhere. I wish I could show a photo on this website. It would dissuade anyone from ever buying a whirlpool.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2020

If I could give no stars I would. I own the Whirlpool Cabrio, which I bought only 2 years ago. I'm on my 3rd service call. They replaced my board after only 1 year of owning it and now 2years later it's the same error message (F6E2), the board again. Besides this problem the machine is horrible! Every load has to be done on the "deep water" mode or else your clothes will come out with dry areas. Forget about darks - they come out with lint and soap residue all over them. So for darks you have to use extra rinse cycle but still the clothes come out with lint all over them. Laundry has turned into a nightmare for me. And the clothes aren't clean. If I don't spray and scrub any stains, the clothes come out with the stain still on them. Dirty white socks come out dirty, even with bleach

I don't use warm water on my clothes because it shrinks them and I don't put all of my clothes in the dryer because it shrinks them. So I am constantly using lint rolls, like crazy on all my darks. And even though the machine is very large I was told to never put a lot of laundry in it because nothing will get clean. So now I have to do more loads of wash. Doing laundry has turned into a job, a horrible job that takes hours. So now I have to use deep water, extra rinse and smaller loads so how is this energy efficient - it's NOT, it's the opposite of efficient. I am doing more wash and using more water. I use liquid HE detergent like they said. I clean my washer when it lights up to clean it. I don't know what else to do. I just called whirlpool about all of this and my second board being broke within 2 yrs and they don't stand by their products. I have to just keep getting it fixed through my extended warranty company. Thank goodness I bought an extended warranty.

I would never ever buy anything whirlpool again! Don't buy this washer if it's still available, it is the worst. Even if cabrio isn't available (which I don't see on their site) I still wouldn't buy whirlpool. They should replace my machine with a different one at this point. Not that I want another whirlpool but at least I would have a machine that works. This machine completely stopped working after the error code so I have no machine for 4 days now. I waiting for my extended warranty to get back to me and then I have to make an appointment for the appliance company to come and fix it. This is crazy. All these days and I can't do laundry. This is not acceptable!

Original review: Oct. 20, 2020

Console went bad after only 2 years. You have to pay $400.00 to replace it. This is a known problem my appliance guy told me. It should be a recall but they want you to pay for it. Then it takes 6 weeks to get from China. I'm done with Whirlpool products.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2020

My best advice is save your money. Better off washing by hand. Bought a new RV that had Whirlpool washing machine. Used it twice and now it doesn't work. Whirlpool parts back-ordered till another month or more. I asked for replacement and they said sorry, our warranty only covers repair. We will not replace it. WOW What a CRAPPY Company. Dont even get me started on how many times you have to call their customer service to even speak to anyone. I'm on my 28th call, their on hold keeps hanging up on you, or just says, "Sorry we are busy," and then hangs up on you. No place for message or anything, just Bye! If anyone ever took my advice, I'd hope this is it. DONT buy Whirlpool.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2020

Perfect wash, nice and clean laundry results. However, at the end it vibrates and sound like a train and move around uncontrollably. This happened 3months into it and I was told to ensure the floor is straight, next thing I was told to replace bearings.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2020

I have bought a top load 6.2kg washing machine 3 months back. But now almost all the plastic parts are having a cracks. When I asked for replacement they said plastic parts are not covered in warranty.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2020

Washer is not worth the cost. After 4th year of use in a two person household the washer bearings are gone and require replacement. The washer sounds like an airplane. I was told based on my description of the issue that the water has leaked due to washing and spinning into the bearing assembly and has caused it to have friction. The Whirlpool warranty is just as costly as the machine.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2020

Without being too critical, I would not recommend this washer for medium to large loads or for throw blankets. I have to wash throw blankets 2 to 3 times to get the entire blanket wet even on deep water cycle. I would not buy this washer again.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2020

If you come across any problem or issue with washing machine, the service person will come and will have a typical vouge glance of the washing machine.. and the inner bearing problem etc. He will arrange a call with his boss.. who also tells the same thing… and collects Rs 450/- as visiting charges and goes. They ask you to bring the Washing machine to their showroom... on account of repair they do all nonsense and do replace some parts which are not at all required...

*** Instead of going to the show room first, if you take second opinion from any local repair technician... you will be shocked to know that hardly it is very minimum problem like loose connection, biting of wires by rats or other problem which would just resolved in front of us..But certainly not the Big issue as these show room service mafia does.. I have encountered the same brought the same to the notice of the Care Manager Mr.**.. But no proper answer... One should understand that there is big mafia kind of activity just betraying the customers.. Please beware of the frauds of the Whirlpool Washing machine Servicing Team..

Original review: Sept. 17, 2020

I bought a Whirlpool front load washer, model wfw5620hw, July 19 2019. It worked for 5 months and quit working properly. I have been trying to get whirlpool to fix this piece of junk and have gotten nowhere. When I try to call them there is a 40 to 70 minute waiting time then I got transferred to another department for another 60 wait. This has happened several times in the last two months. I have never been treated so badly by any company in my life. I bought this machine from Menards and they just refer me to whirlpool so they are no help. I have two other commercial coin operated whirlpool machines and they have been great but this model is junk. Other people are having the same problem with it as I am having.

Whirlpool Washing Machines Company Information