Find a Dishwashers partner

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Whirlpool Dishwashers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Whirlpool Dishwashers?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Whirlpool?

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

Our Whirlpool dishwasher has never given us any problems and it's fairly old. When bought, we were a family of four, now we are just two. It has always cleaned the dishes very well and has dried them wonderfully. Due to the leveling mechanism there is plenty of room in there for just about anything we want to throw at it! In all, we've always been happy with it.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2021

This dishwasher is the most quietest dishwasher we have ever bought. Cleans even the worst messes with ease. We love all the different modes for cleaning levels. Plus in addition the ability to adjust the racks for large capacity dishes. As well the adjustment to wash fine china and crystal. We just love it!

Get buying tips about Dishwashers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2021

Love, love, love my dishwasher. Have never had a problem with it in the 7 years we've lived here. It was here when we moved in, and has been a perfect dishwasher for us. We're not sure how old it was when we inherited it, but it's at least 7 years old and perfect for the two of us!

Original review: Feb. 12, 2021

Whirlpool dishwashers are incredible. I've used and used whirlpool for the quality. Their appliances speak for themselves. The dishwasher comes with warranty and every time you call you get exceptional service. They also follow up with you on your appliances at all times. I've never had any problems or concerns. I stand 100 percent behind the brand and appliances.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2021

We have all Whirlpool appliances in our home as well as our rental property. All of the appliances are of great quality and perform extremely well. The dishwashers are both heavy duty and do a tremendous job of cleaning the dishes. Both have a jet dry feature which is extremely important to us.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2021

I bought a Kitchenaid dishwasher (It is owned by Whirlpool) from Trail Appliances. After 11 month the machine didn't work. It was under warranty. It took more than two months that they sent a technician to fix it. Less than one week after repair it broke again, same problem. Now we have to wait for another two weeks for technician to come. It is tough for us without dishwasher for such a long time. I learned Whirlpool is not a reliable company and I will never purchase products from this company any more.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2021

I bought Whirlpool Dishwasher from Lowe's. This is just 2 years old. Model number is WDTA50SAHZ. This is gently used Dishwasher. Suddenly it stopped working. After water fill up, dishwaher is not working. I thought whirlpool is superb brand. Now it's waste brand. Do not buy whirlpool dishwasher.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2021

After 14 years of good service with Whirlpool Duet front load washer dryer set, wife chose Whirlpool kitchen appliances as part of a kitchen update project. All matching fridge, range, microwave hood and dishwasher. What a nightmare! The icemaker growls and whines all the time and the dishwasher was broken before being packaged at the manufacturer. A wheel from the middle rack was missing when the dishwasher was opened. It wasn't in the sealed dishwasher nor in the box. So it had to have been broken off before the item was boxed. We called for warranty claim and A-1 Appliance was recommended out of Shreveport, LA. In a few weeks he showed up, looked at the rack for a while and said "I'll have to order a new part." I said fine. (How hard can that be? Right?) So here we are 5 months later, unable to use the middle rack because it can't hold any weight with the roller missing.

Multiple calls to Whirlpool and A1 and we keep getting promises and runarounds that turn out to be lies. How hard is it to say "go to your local Lowe's and we'll authorize them to give to give you a rack from an in-stock dishwasher?" Let Lowe's wait on the new part! Sounds simple, and any other company would have done that, or told us to return it to Lowe's for another one. But NO! Whirlpool just whines about being behind on parts, shorthanded, or lies about the part is in and it's A1's problem now.

So, today, same story. A1 says they need 2 parts. **! It's one part. Whirlpool says A1 has the needed part. Same old runaround. So, we just replaced our 14 year old washer and dryer with NON Whirlpool units. $2500 more in of appliances that Whirlpool could have gotten, but I'm guessing they don't even care about missing and losing sells. They certainly do not care about warranty, parts, quality, customer satisfaction or repeat customers. Never again with Whirlpool! Beware!

Original review: June 10, 2021

My dishwasher was only 18 months old when the rack adjuster broke causing the top rack to collapse. I researched and was able to order the replacement part which now comes only in metal. (The original Whirlpool piece was cheap plastic.) I spent $40 for the new part and spent several hours installing it without any help from Whirlpool. Then when I tried to use my dishwasher it wouldn’t run. Repair person came out and diagnosed it with a pump assembly failure. Part alone was $222 and it was on back order. Extremely disappointed. I have tried to contact Whirlpool to see if they would at least offer me a discount on the part. Their customer service number is never available. On hold for so long I finally gave up. Maybe I just got a lemon but I will not go with any Whirlpool product again.

Original review: June 1, 2021

I wouldn’t recommend buying Whirlpool appliances. Hot dishwasher in December used 1 month and the board went out. 3 month to get a new then they install it and they sent the wrong user interface. Wait another month. Still no call. No dishwasher. Everyone I know has issues with Whirlpool appliances that are branded as made in US yet if they truly had good components that were made in the US they would get more customers back.

Whirlpool author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Whirlpool is the leading manufacturer of home appliances. It operates in more than 170 countries and has global sales totaling over $20 billion.

• Discount dishwashers: Offering a full range of dishwasher products, even Whirlpool's most affordable models include features like a soil sensor.

• One-hour wash cycle: Clean dishes quickly and well using a Whirlpool dishwasher with a one-hour cycle.

• Dependable reputation: Whirlpool dishwashers have some of the lowest maintenance costs among comparable brands.

• Portable dishwashers available: Perfect for apartments or small kitchens, portable dishwashers give you more counter space where you need it.

• Say goodbye to silverware spots: With the silverware spray designed specifically for your flatware, Whirlpool gets rid of the most stubborn grime.

Whirlpool Dishwashers Company Information