Whirlpool Dishwashers

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

View Plans

Whirlpool Dishwashers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Whirlpool Dishwashers?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Whirlpool?

Original review: Sept. 19, 2022

Just purchased my WP Diswasher at PC Richards last Sept. As a matter of fact mine is running as I type. Forgot it was Operating. Extremely quiet. And it cleans flawlessly. Maybe these customers bought very low end models or something happened during installation. We're all human. Well I highly recommend this brand. They have been around for some time and I trust them. Samsung, LG tvs yes. Not when it comes to appliances that work for a living. Dishwashers, refrigerators, ranges etc.

Original review: May 3, 2022

Hi. Had a Samsung dishwasher. Would not get everything clean, then it started to leak. Called customer service. They said a service company would call after a week. I found out what was wrong and fixed it. After two weeks I called and asked about the service people, they gave me some ** and I told them to forget it.

I went and bought a Whirlpool. It cleans great. Even dishes. I would have had to wash by hand with the other one, cleans great even on the top rack. Very happy.

Get buying tips about Dishwashers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2021

Our original dishwasher lasted many years and did a good job until it didn't. We replaced it with this one that we found at Home Depot. It is not the one we wanted but the delivery was months away and this one was in stock. It does a good job in cleaning the dishes. The only issue I have is that the top rack is not designed for large mugs or glasses. The wine glass holder has 3 slots, but we can only get two in based on the spacing. Also, our mugs don't fit, well on the other side, inside the fingers. Maybe our dishes are on the larger side...I don't think so but like I said earlier, it does a good job cleaning the dishes.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2021

I’ve had the dishwasher for at least 3 yrs. if not longer. I have a long history with Whirlpool products and so far I haven’t had any problems with my past purchases. They normally wear out from age because if you take care of it normally they last for years.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2022

Bought a brand new Whirlpool dishwasher. 3 Loads and it already set an alarm off and wouldn't run anymore. Had installers come out and look at it and they showed me how it was leaking from the side of the dishwasher (bad seal obviously). Called place where I bought unit and they told me I had to call Whirlpool as they will not replace without a service call. No technicians available and was told someone would get back to me within 7 days (longer than I have had the unit). No response and I called back.

Was told again that a warranty representative will be in touch within 7 days. No way! Not an option and badgered until I spoke with someone now about a BRAND NEW UNIT. Someone got back to me a day later saying they have approved a new unit but not available for 2-4 weeks and I would have to pick up from same dealer I purchased from. They will only cover $150 of the $250 I paid for delivery and installation. The final woman I spoke to gave a bit of attitude that I was in the wrong on this and I should be more patient. I don't know how companies operate this way. Unfortunately, I don't think this is just a Whirlpool issue as my LG products were junk too.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2022

Purchased a new Home from Del Webb. Not a great experience, many issues from the initial contract through follow up items. We have been in the house for 2 1/2 months. The Kitchen aide dishwasher has never worked. Pulte would not take any responsibility they said we had to work with Whirlpool. Whirlpool is actually worse than Pulte, had a service rep come out 2 weeks after first reported, said it needed a new motherboard and pump. They ordered the parts and said when they show up call us and we will come back to replace.

Parts still have not showed up and they make us go through their escalation process, today was supposed to be the final day of escalation and if no parts they are to replace the unit. Called today and was on hold for about 1 hour, finally talked to someone and we have to wait one more day for the final escalation process to be complete. Who knows what will happen at this point. We will NEVER buy anything with the Whirlpool name on it. Likely will never get it resolved and we will just go buy a new dishwasher and they will win. Their BS is so you will just go away and quit bothering them.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2022

I bought a Whirlpool 18 inch dishwasher WDF518SAHW in February 2021. In June 2021 it broke down with an E4 error code displaying. Whirlpool sent a technician from Toronto Appliance Service. The tech verbally advised me that there is a design flaw with the appliance where the sensor trips too easily so this issue will happen every 6 months. Unfortunately, he didn't tell Whirlpool that so they refused to exchange the product. 8 months later, in February 2022, the E4 error code appeared again. Whirlpool sent a tech from Ignite who replaced the sump pump. Now in August 2022, I am getting the same issue for the 3rd time and all they're offering is a 35% discount off a new purchase from their brand family; Whirlpool, Maytag, Kitchen-Aid, Amana or Jenn-Air. Perhaps the one I received just happens to be a bad apple but the way that Whirlpool is handling it is why I would never trust another purchase from them again.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2022

Had a new Whirlpool dishwasher installed in my new home. Failed after one year due to steam getting into the control panel. Whirlpool repairs it but it failed again in 3 months. It never really cleaned well even early on. Going to replace with a different brand, hopefully without a serious design flaw. Dishwashers create steam and are wet, damage to electronics due to either of these is an engineering failure. The user manual is useless gibberish. I would recommend against this brand.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2022

I bought this dishwasher less than two years ago from the Whirlpool local distributor/ authorized dealer (not HomeDepot). The unit broke under normal operating conditions and their dealer said it needed a new motor and power control module. Cost $580 for repair. The authorized dealer wired the control board backwards so that the dishwasher needs a new control board for about $300. So over $880 to fix. I wish I had never bought this brand. I see other customers have had similar problems and complaints.

Original review: July 26, 2022

Whirlpool is absolutely horrible. Less than 2 year old dishwasher and the wash motor assembly broke. Wanted another $300 plus labor to get it repaired. Customer Service is a nightmare. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS BRAND. You're welcome in advance.

Whirlpool author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Whirlpool is the leading manufacturer of home appliances. It operates in more than 170 countries and has global sales totaling over $20 billion.

• Discount dishwashers: Offering a full range of dishwasher products, even Whirlpool's most affordable models include features like a soil sensor.

• One-hour wash cycle: Clean dishes quickly and well using a Whirlpool dishwasher with a one-hour cycle.

• Dependable reputation: Whirlpool dishwashers have some of the lowest maintenance costs among comparable brands.

• Portable dishwashers available: Perfect for apartments or small kitchens, portable dishwashers give you more counter space where you need it.

• Say goodbye to silverware spots: With the silverware spray designed specifically for your flatware, Whirlpool gets rid of the most stubborn grime.

Whirlpool Dishwashers Company Information