Whirlpool Dishwashers

Compare Dishwashers

Research top Dishwashers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Bought all Whirlpool appliances for my home and the dishwasher doesn't work right and all that they can tell me is it's not even 7 months old. They don't have any repair technician around where I live so I'm on my own to get it fixed. So much for getting your money's worth.

I bought Whirlpool dishwasher (silver, Golden Series), after one year it just stopped for nothing and the circuit controller failed with error code E2/F2. So it was expensive but turned out to be totally unreliable. I had to pay $200 to get extended warranty and still waiting for the parts!!! Worst experience ever (uh Golden Series, for me it is Plastic Series). Will never buy any product from this company again.

Whirlpool serviceman came out to see why our brand new dishwasher didn't dry the dishes and left pools of water on glass bottoms. Repairman said all the new dishwashers are like this. The heating elements do not heat hot enough so that the machine gets a higher efficiency rating. He said the solution is to use the dishwasher during the day and at the end of the cycle, open the door so the dishes air dry. My previous 24 year old GE dishwasher did a great job of drying the dishes even when we didn't use the heated dry cycle! The only reason we had to buy a new dishwasher is because we bought a new house. I am very disgusted with the Whirlpool dishwasher. Might as well do dishes by hand.

We bought this at Lowe's. Initially, they got the color wrong. It took two trips to get the right color (white) then a third trip because all the parts were not there to install the dishwasher. After a few months the second shelf rail end caps fell apart. Now, after a couple of years the pump goes out. RUN from this manufacturer.

My silverware, when it is washed, a piece or two comes through one of the openings in the basket and I have to work it out before I can lift it out of the dishwasher (MOD WDP320PAD50 Serial #F4432749) to put the pieces away. Please update your dishwasher by making the openings smaller for the silverware so I can stop cussing. Send me a new basket when you do. The dishwasher was in a new home I bought.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Whirlpool?

Mold in my dishwasher right after having washed the dishes!! This is the first time I have seen the mold on the racks (lots of it!). However, my neighbor also has a Whirlpool and complains of the mold all the time. Also, my dishes often do not come clean. I would not have purchased a Whirlpool, but it came with the house, three years ago. Therefore, I do not have a receipt for it.

Whirlpool Gold Series Dishwasher Model # WDT710PAYM6 - Purchased this dishwasher in July, 2014. Last week the dishwasher powered off mid cycle. Could not power back up. Tried a few suggestions found online to reset which did not work. I had both a plumber and an electrician look at it. All water lines were fine and power coming in and out of dishwasher and control panel was checked and all looked okay to electrician, but could not get the machine to power up. No longer under warranty. Very dissatisfied there is no recourse.

I would like someone to explain to me why the 'control panel I.e. brains' of the dishwasher which is around water is so sensitive to WATER. My daughter is the owner of the house and purchased this dishwasher last summer (2016) and within weeks we were having issue with the sensors. This supposedly was not covered under warranty (it was a WATER ISSUE). So now a dishwasher which cost over 700.00 is a door stop!! Where is people’s common sense... yes I'm over 60 years old and very frustrated with the money that was spent for such an inferior product. Imagine having a dishwasher sensitive to water. The people who made it should give their heads a shake. Frustrated grandmother.

Bought this dishwasher (Model No WDF530PAYB3) in 2013. First the plastic latch for the dishwasher detergent door broke. Then, the paint on the face of the door started to bubble, peel, and now is rusting. Next, the heating element broke. Lastly, it started leaked on my wood floor causing damage. 2013-2014 I bought that Dishwasher, Micro-Hood, Stove, Refrigerator, Washer, and Dryer all Whirlpool. All the kitchen appliances were Whirlpool Gold. They would not fix their product. Offered a discount on a new one as if I will ever buy Whirlpool again.

This is new and replaced an old model that was not doing the job. This new one seems to be ever so much better. The dishes are clean and I no longer have a white residue on the dishes and utensils. It is easy to load. I miss having a silverware separator for the holder because the silverware tends to be too close to each other. I always rinse things well before putting them into the machine because I usually run the machine about once a week. Overall, this is a good machine for the price I paid. I am loyal to Whirlpool and this one on sale was a very good value. Very pleased.

I had a Whirlpool dishwasher for year and it worked great, but the baskets were rusting. I decided Feb 2014 to purchase another Whirlpool dishwasher. It did not clear as well as my old dishwasher. The seller of the dishwasher stated it was our water or detergent. The water and detergent were the same. The only difference was the dishwasher. Day prior to changing the dishwasher, the dishes were clear and the day I changed the dishwasher, the dishes were not clean. November 2016, the main board has gone out. The part costs $148, plus the service call. I called Whirlpool. They stated they would sell me the part or would discount a new dishwasher. I think they should discount the part!!! Whirlpool makes most brands of dishwashers, so you can't change companies. Their quality is all you can get.

The silverware comes out all spotty and water stays inside cups and on dishes. I am going to have to replace all my utensils. They are so spotted that they look filthy. Knives, forks, spoons and all serving utensils. I have used this brand new Whirlpool dishwasher from August, 12, 2016 to today Oct. 21, 2016. I am very upset.

Not real expensive but cleans almost perfect. We're happy. MUCH better than the beautiful and pricy Samsung. We returned it for this. Paid less than Samsung but always purchase extra warranty. So far so good. Pretty quiet. Nothing to complain about except be very careful how it's loaded to get the best cleaning. Heat dries dishes really good. Looks great but not better than others.

It washes dirty dishes and does not keep the neighbors up doing it and pleasing to the eye at a reasonable price. We bought a Maytag dishwasher because we thought it was a quality machine. We soon found out we were wrong, very wrong! After many service calls and dirty dishes we replaced the Maytag with the Whirlpool. What a difference. We now have clean dishes, no service calls and believe it or not, it cost less!

Whirlpool Model WDT920SADM0 Dishwasher. We built a new modular home so Abraham Builders ordered all my kitchen appliances in 2014. We did not move in and start using the appliances until June, 2016. Here is what happened during the first 6 months: 1) Would not dissolve dry soap or packets as there were still particles and plastic in the dispenser. 2) Dishes were not getting clean and were spotty. 3) Would not dry dishes, ever!!! 4) Parts would keep popping off as we would find them on the bottom or hanging down. 5) Final straw was this morning around 4 a.m. (12/4/16)... woke up to the smell of wire burning in the house and discovered it was coming from the dishwasher that we had put on delay wash that night and when we opened the door, smoke came out from inside!!

Since it was past purchase warranty date, we had no warranty and the builder would not return any of my calls on any problems and the manufacturer of my house closed the factory. Needless to say, we now have to spend another $900+ for another dishwasher! Not happy at all about this Whirlpool model and would not recommend it.

It washes everything well except the interior of the washer. And the filter is a pain also even when we rinse the dishes beforehand. The buttons are a pain in the ** to see without all of the lights on at night.

Disappointed in the cleaning capability. Although very quiet, it does not clean as thoroughly or dry nearly as well as our old Whirlpool! For about the same price or slightly more, should have bought a Bosch or Miele.

It is in the mid-range of cost and functions. For a mid-range dishwasher, it has many options, sometimes too many. It does not have "rinse and hold". I think its cycles run too long; not always energy efficient (i.e. the simplest one uses the most energy).

I bought top of the line stainless steel Whirlpool kitchen appliances two years ago. Warranty has expired. Microwave error message showed need to shut door and press start. Door was shut, opened and shut door 20-30 times for microwave to start. Had to buy new Microwave. Now dishwasher now will not drain. Refrigerator ice-maker dispenser is too small and ice keeps getting stuck in dispenser. I am done with Whirlpool.

We bought this dishwasher new from the Brick 2 or 3 years ago. It was bought not because old dishwasher wasn't working, but we needed a new fridge and stove so we also bought a dishwasher to match the new stainless steel fridge/stove. If I could give 0 stars I would. Biggest complaints: It doesn't matter what soap, what setting or how much your rinse/scrape your dishes THIS DISHWASHER WILL NOT CLEAN THEM. It's very rare it actually cleans a dish or utensil properly. If your plate had ketchup on it, it won't clean it. But if you had a sandwich on the plate and managed to not get ANYTHING from your sandwich on the plate, it would come out clean.

The drain constantly clogs. We rinse everything, but the drain hose constantly clogs to the point the unit won't drain. Have to remove the unit, take off hoses and blow them out. It clogs because the strainer at the bottom of the dishwasher which is supposed to stop stuff from going down the drain hose doesn't work. If you look at the strainer and the "system" they use to stop stuff from going down the drain hose. It's no surprise it doesn't work. By design it can't work. My brother in law is a licensed appliance repair man. Sears actually paid for his schooling. He installed and he's fixed the clogged drain numerous times. He agrees. Worst dishwasher ever.

Near the beginning of September I started having trouble with my dishwasher. I called for service to be informed it would be a week before someone would be able to see to my broken dishwasher - which of course is a long wait just for a diagnosis call so decided to call another provider to get my dishwasher fixed in a more timely manner. The repair person informed me that it was the control panel but he suggested we call Whirlpool in order to have it fixed as the part should be covered under warranty. Much to my sadness I had to call again for an appointment with Whirlpool to find out I would wait for a week for a repair person to come out even though I already knew it was the control panel and asked them to order the part right away.

Sept. 13 repair man from Whirlpool affiliate comes to my house for about 10 minutes to tell me what I already knew - it was control panel and maybe 1 other part. Cost $99.00 for just 10 minutes - Wow! Then the repair person said he would order the part right away /estimated to be back Monday September 19th great! Two weeks go by we have heard nothing about our part or possible repair of our dishwasher. Call Hurst appliance to see what is happening to be informed the panel is on back order - and they have no clue when it will be available. I should call the manufacturer. Call manufacturer to be told part might possibly be available - Oct 5th - from the United States from somewhere out east in Canada. Who knows? Oct 5th comes and goes as of Monday October 11 have heard nothing about my dishwasher and when it will be repaired - phone manufacturer - by the way which is in Tennessee. What a joke!

She says the part is still on backorder but that a replacement part for the back ordered part is miraculously available - she couldn't tell me when that came about, so still have no clue when my dishwasher will be fixed. They have offered to reimburse me the $99.00 service call, but seriously should it take over 6 weeks to have your dishwasher fixed. I still have no clue how long it will take for the part to get here and installed. For 2 cents I would return all my KitchenAid appliances but especially my dishwasher. $99.00 does not appease me. I would like them to cover the labour to fix my dishwasher or a new dishwasher. What garbage and asked to talk to someone higher than the supervisor Gabby of the customer service dept. and was told she is the highest person in Whirlpool I could talk to - that's a joke. Shame on Whirlpool!

I bought a model (W10632082 A) dishwasher, and the top shelf is very flimsy, the dishes and glasses do not get clean, even after I fully removing any food soil from them. The dryer does not work. The dishes come out wet and with water spots. It is very noisy, and the water cycles are programmed to run upwards to three hours!!! The basket for the silverware is designed to be hung on the door, this basket falls off easy, and you can't use the left side because the normal size of the spoons or forks, get in the way of the dish washing soap reservoir, making it difficult to close the door. Do not buy this product. Horrible!!!

Just plain terrible. Purchased Whirlpool Gold Seris Dishwasher Model w10698637a in June and now it's been 3 attempts so far to fix a brand new dishwasher that does not clean. So far I have been asked... "have you been heating the water before you start the cycle?", my favorite... "Is this a whirlpool dishwasher". So I find out today that it will take another visit from a company that hasn't been able to fix it, plus a call to the "tech" line to make sure they haven't missed anything. Here's what I've missed, a dishwasher that cleans.

Whirlpool is the manufacturer of most appliances including the Kenmore dishwasher. Your products are made horribly for the mother board to go out in 2 years is ridiculous. I purchased a stainless steel dishwasher from Sears in August of 2014. 2 weeks ago I received error codes E2 and F2. A technician came out and the mother board needs replaced because water got into it... it's a dishwasher. The cost to fix $465. I paid $673. The sales person informed me that I should have purchased the extended warranty because the appliances now only last a few years. Seriously... fleecing of America. This is my last purchase from Sears. We have bought appliances for 30 years from Sears and this is the end. They could care less about customer service or their products. Apparently everything is now made by Whirlpool who will also be getting a review. Shame on you for making poor products.

We purchased our Whirlpool dishwasher/Model no. WDT780SAEM in July 2016 and it was installed on August 3, 2016. Right away we noticed 2 problems. The top tray squeaks very loudly when being pulled out for loading and unloading. The usual temporary fix for this would be using a product like WD-40. Of course as soon as you run the dishwasher all of the product is washed away. This was our first complaint about this dishwasher. The more important problem was the white cloudy residue being left on all of our clear plastic cups and glasses. We've always had hard water but our previous dishwashers were able to remove the residue if we used the high-temperature wash. After looking at all of the manuals and user guides that are included with the purchase we read that we should be using a rinse agent and a product such as "Lemi Shine" to deal with hard water deposits. We tried these items and nothing worked.

Using the "All Fresh" tabs didn't help and our filter was clear and clean. So we made an appointment to have the Whirlpool factory serviceman come out to look into our problems. First of all the customer service representative I spoke with was rude and impatient. She kept cutting me off and asking me about hard water and suggesting that I use all of the products mentioned above before finding out that I already had used them to no avail. Because we had the dishwasher for just over 30 days I asked her about the "Clean and Quiet Guarantee" that I found out about by going to Whirlpool's site. Her exact words were "The clean and quiet what??" So I didn't have much hope for our service appointment. Our serviceman was asking all of the same questions about hard water and if we had tried all of the products I mentioned above.

After his visit we found out and now (too late) know that because our new dishwasher does not have a heat booster or the ability to get the water temperature high enough to remove the hard water residue there's nothing Whirlpool will do for us. This is the case with all newer technology dishwashers UNLESS you purchase one with a heat booster. I sure wish this would've been made clear to us, the consumer before making our purchase. If we had known beforehand that new dishwashers no longer get the water up to 140 degrees which is what would be needed to remove the residue, we would've made sure our model included a heat booster. Now we're stuck handwashing our plastic items if we want clear dishes. It's not the end of the world but it's not good customer service or honest to the consumer in any way, shape or form.

I purchased all new Whirlpool appliances for my kitchen from Lowe's about 5 years ago. The dishwasher was leaking water onto my hardwood floors after about a year. I figured out that the seal was pulling away on the lower left corner. I fixed that myself. It cleaned pretty well for about 3 years. Now it's not cleaning at all. I took the lower spray arm off to try to clean it. Almost all of the holes are clogged with debris. (I clean the filter at least once a week.) I went ahead and ordered a new sprayer arm, maybe that will help.

As for the rest of the appliances... After about 6 months, the freezer started filling up with water that then froze on the bottom and allowed water to pour onto the floor. The microwave handled broke after about a month. (They did send me a replacement handle.) The knobs on the stove are starting to peel. One of the knobs won't stay on, so I keep it in the drawer next to the stove. Overall, I am very disappointed in all of the appliances. This will be the last time I buy Whirlpool.

I bought a whirlpool W 10632082A a yr ago. I read the reviews and thought it was a good product. I was wrong. It has never washed the dishes good. It has terrible screens that always get clogged. The dishes never get dry. I think the dishes would get cleaner throwing them in the yard and spraying them off with a hose. I would not recommend this product at all.

Purchased this dishwasher in January 2012, and it stopped working in May 2015. We replaced thermal fuse a year ago and just had to replace the control panel. It worked for 1 day and through 2 wash cycles, but during the 3rd wash cycle, it failed to drain and no power again, which is the same problem we had before. We opted to also replace the control board, just to be safe. Lol. What a piece of junk! Whirlpool is a pathetic excuse for a company, and, judging from others' experiences with the customer service department, we will not bother contacting these S.O.B.'s since they clearly have no interest in providing any service at all to their customers.

I have had many other lower end dishwasher models, and all of them worked well past the 5 - 10 year mark and never stopped working or required any service. I WILL NEVER PURCHASE ANOTHER APPLIANCE FROM WHIRLPOOL AND HAVE SPREAD THE WORD TO EVERYONE I KNOW. Good luck, Whirlpool. I do not expect they will be around in 10 years. Lol. Do not give your hard earned money to these idiots for the junk that they peddle, and please let your local appliance dealer know why you wish to purchase any other brand BUT Whirlpool. Consumers are not stupid, Whirlpool! You are ignorant for banking on that and should be shut down for your unfair business practices, not to mention misrepresentation of your despicable products.

I bought a Whirlpool Partner II 5 and a half years ago. It was always noisy and took very long to run a cycle. It started to malfunction after 2 years. We bought a new computer for it and a new control panel for the touch keys. It still kept not running a cycle fully. We found a YOUTUBE video that showed how to reset the model by pressing a combination of "Normal" and "Heated Dry" and that seemed to fix it for 2 years.

It has stopped working again. Now it seems that the heating element is out. It doesn't clean at all, a scum film has covered the inside of the dishwasher and even mold spots are appearing. I've had to wait extremely long times on hold to talk with an agent. My option is to hire a repair tech to come out and repair it and I pay for the parts. Seems like a bad deal since I've already spent over a hundred on repairing it and a lot of hours. I will never buy a Whirlpool brand appliance again.

We bought this dishwasher Model KDTE104DSSO November 2015. It needed repair in March 2016. It was under warranty and had 3 items replaced before it started cleaning again. In July 2016 it again failed to clean. This time we carried a homeowner policy. The repairman determined that the motor is defective and the part is on order. I have contacted Whirlpool only to chat and receive a standard reply. What a letdown!

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Whirlpool is the leading manufacturer of home appliances. It operates in more than 170 countries and has global sales totaling over $20 billion.

• Discount dishwashers: Offering a full range of dishwasher products, even Whirlpool's most affordable models include features like a soil sensor.
  • One-hour wash cycle: Clean dishes quickly and well using a Whirlpool dishwasher with a one-hour cycle.
  • Dependable reputation: Whirlpool dishwashers have some of the lowest maintenance costs among comparable brands.
  • Portable dishwashers available: Perfect for apartments or small kitchens, portable dishwashers give you more counter space where you need it.
  • Say goodbye to silverware spots: With the silverware spray designed specifically for your flatware, Whirlpool gets rid of the most stubborn grime.
  • Best for Homeowners, apartment renters, families and businesses