Whirlpool Dishwashers

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Whirlpool Dishwashers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Whirlpool Dishwashers?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Whirlpool?

Original review: May 13, 2022

Three exactly the same repairs; company won't repair now without cost to us because warranty has "expired." This appliance is a lemon; learned a lesson; won't be purchasing Whirlpool appliances again!

Original review: May 3, 2022

Hi. Had a Samsung dishwasher. Would not get everything clean, then it started to leak. Called customer service. They said a service company would call after a week. I found out what was wrong and fixed it. After two weeks I called and asked about the service people, they gave me some ** and I told them to forget it.

I went and bought a Whirlpool. It cleans great. Even dishes. I would have had to wash by hand with the other one, cleans great even on the top rack. Very happy.

Get buying tips about Dishwashers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 30, 2022

We bought this dishwasher to replace our old one. Install was fine. Until the installer turned the machine on. Water cascaded from the bottom of the door. Just replaced this morning, and another waterfall, same place. Very disappointed. Will be returning to HD to get a full refund and replace with a different brand.

Original review: April 27, 2022

I have a 3 yrs. old Whirlpool dishwasher. First issue accrued 1 1/2 ago when I had to change motherboard then one of the sprayers had to be replaced and now that thing is leaking underneath. Are you kidding me it's only 3 yrs. old. The reason I purchased Whirlpool for my new house I had Whirlpool dishwasher at my previous house for 10 yrs. without any issues, well I guess they don't make good stuff anymore, very disappointed.

Original review: March 11, 2022

I purchased a dishwasher from Menards. It was a top of the line Whirlpool Dishwasher. We ordered new cabinets for a kitchen upgrade and when the cabinets arrived they were damaged during Thanksgiving holiday. We purchased the dishwasher and it sat in our garage until the second set of cabinets arrived in mid January.

Once the GC installed the new cabinets we noticed a small dent in the front of the stainless steel dishwasher. I notified Whirlpool and they took my model and serial number. The supervisor April said there is nothing that I can do. "You passed the 30 day cosmetic warranty." I explained the issue to her and she didn't seem to care.

The dishwasher sat in the garage for 7-8 weeks. This is not the consumers fault. This company could of sent a service mechanic out and replaced the front panel. But she chose to ready some meaningless policy to me. I will never buy a Whirlpool product again, and I will tell everyone about the poor and unprofessional service that Whirlpool offers.

Original review: March 8, 2022

My dishwasher quit drying and washing in hot water at Thanksgiving 2021. I could not get someone to look at it because the repair company (for Whirlpool) could not get to it until January 2022. The repair tech said it was it could be three different things. He was going to order all three parts. Three weeks later, they came to repair it. It still didn’t work and I hate to wait two different days (all day) for service. First day, he didn’t make it so had to schedule for next week. He replaced the other two parts. It now works by still doesn’t dry like it should. Not thrilled with performance at all!

Original review: Feb. 25, 2022

Finally saved $ to remodel kitchen & to upgrade to stainless appliances. Bought & installed 12/2019, worked well 1st year. By 6/2021, excessive water on interior after cycle ended; 1st warranty guy said it was because I have a water softener and should not be using rinse aid (softener installed 2002 & never a problem). He also said I should try other brands of detergent. He also said it might be the tankless water heater. Water heater serviced: no problems, working perfect. 12/2021 after using every brand available, interior and dishes were completely wet, even 4 hrs after cycle ended. 1/2022 2nd warranty call, different company sent out. He said I have extremely hard water and should only use liquid detergent (only 1/2 amount in tray) and must use rinse aid. He said I should have softener serviced since it appeared to not be working.

While waiting for service, I added rinse aid; should have helped since people without softener have hard water. Softener filter changed, but no problem found with softener. He had a Whirlpool like mine and said he had same problem; it was a bad pump not draining properly. I've spent $400 on unnecessary service calls for water heater and softener and dishwasher still doesn't work right. So, I have 10 months left on extended warranty and I'm calling again! I see this model is discontinued. Wish I had my old black dishwasher back since it was working fine at 10 yrs old! I've bought Whirlpool appliances since the 1980's. Won't be buying Whirlpool again ever. Retired now, saved to update home to "dream" home. This wasn't my dream!

Original review: Feb. 1, 2022

I purchased a Whirlpool Dishwasher in late 2020. Within a week of having the dishwasher installed, I found a water leak with the product. I contacted Whirlpool immediately. Below is a record of all the encounters I’ve had with the company. The first repair technician came and could not find anything wrong with the product and left. The dishwasher kept leaking for a month, so I scheduled Whirlpool to repair it. The second technician came and tried to repair the dishwasher. The dishwasher kept leaking for a couple of months so again I called Whirlpool for repair. Because the company from the first two technicians were fully booked for the next couple of months, Whirlpool scheduled a third technician from another company. The third technician could not fix the issue.

I called Whirlpool again and the support told me the problem is with the type of detergent I was using. She said once I used the detergent she recommended the issue will go away. I changed detergents but the issue remained, so I contacted Whirlpool and they sent a fourth technician who thought he found a solution but it didn’t work. I called Whirlpool and told them they have already sent “four” technicians over, how many technicians do you need to send to have the product repaired or replaced? Whirlpool said they need to have at least three visits from a technician from the “same” company try to repair before they can take additional actions. So the fifth technician came and once again tried his method and it didn’t work.

At this time I’ve had a leaking dishwasher in my house for 11 months. I called Whirlpool and they said, "We need to send a technician one last time." This technician will call Whirlpool’s specialist to diagnose the problem. Only a Whirlpool’s specialist can determine the product is unable to be repaired; that is Whirlpool’s company policy. I asked why I’ve had five technicians come and none of them called Whirlpool’s specialist. Whirlpool’s support response was because no one asked them to. The sixth technician came, called Whirlpool’s specialist for a solution to fix the dishwasher. A month later the dishwasher is STILL leaking. I called Whirlpool and the response was the same: "We will send you ANOTHER technician."

I asked: how many failed attempts do you need to take before you can replace the product? Whirlpool’s support response: “We need to continually send technicians until one of them determines the product is unfixable.” I asked to be transferred to a manager for a better solution. The next part of the story I’m going to keep it short. I was transferred to 5 different departments, and I was on the phone for 3.5 hours. I finally got to a representative who looked at my case and determined that the company has taken enough effort to fix the product and will replace the unit.

Unfortunately, the difficulties do not end here. The person delivering/installing the dishwasher could not find where to turn off the water so he left the dishwasher in my living room and left. After I found where to turn off the water, I reschedule for installation. The second delivery/installer that came said the first dishwasher that was left in my living room was not the right model, so he took it away. He then delivered and attempted to install a new “damaged” dishwasher. Because he found the dishwasher damaged so he took it back and asked me to reschedule again.

I called Whirlpool indicating how much time I have wasted dealing with installation and delivery. Their only response was that they export the delivery service to another company J. B Hunt so they take no responsibility. To conclude I’ve purchased a damaged Whirlpool dishwasher for over a year. Since then I’ve had 6 technicians come and replaced the product. I’ve had 2 failed deliveries and installations. I’ve wasted many “days” waiting for technicians to try and repair a damaged product they sold me. I’ve wasted hours being put on hold for support.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2022

I've had this dishwasher for 1 yr and 4 months. It's been used properly and kept clean. The motor quit. A dishwasher that only lasted a little over a year. Cheap piece of junk. I spent over $800.00 with installation. I will never buy a Whirlpool dishwasher again. Try and call Whirlpool and someone in India will politely read from a manual and waste your time. Useless!!!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2021

Our original dishwasher lasted many years and did a good job until it didn't. We replaced it with this one that we found at Home Depot. It is not the one we wanted but the delivery was months away and this one was in stock. It does a good job in cleaning the dishes. The only issue I have is that the top rack is not designed for large mugs or glasses. The wine glass holder has 3 slots, but we can only get two in based on the spacing. Also, our mugs don't fit, well on the other side, inside the fingers. Maybe our dishes are on the larger side...I don't think so but like I said earlier, it does a good job cleaning the dishes.

Whirlpool author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Whirlpool is the leading manufacturer of home appliances. It operates in more than 170 countries and has global sales totaling over $20 billion.

• Discount dishwashers: Offering a full range of dishwasher products, even Whirlpool's most affordable models include features like a soil sensor.

• One-hour wash cycle: Clean dishes quickly and well using a Whirlpool dishwasher with a one-hour cycle.

• Dependable reputation: Whirlpool dishwashers have some of the lowest maintenance costs among comparable brands.

• Portable dishwashers available: Perfect for apartments or small kitchens, portable dishwashers give you more counter space where you need it.

• Say goodbye to silverware spots: With the silverware spray designed specifically for your flatware, Whirlpool gets rid of the most stubborn grime.

Whirlpool Dishwashers Company Information