Whirlpool Dishwashers
2.76/5
Based on 62 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Whirlpool Dishwashers

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 12, 2018

420 Whirlpool Dishwashers Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

Purchased 11-02-2016. This Whirlpool/Kenmore dishwasher is falling apart. Top rack wheels are totally broken, ordered parts 4 times, gave up. Now they are held together by gorilla glue. I have gone through 3 gray plastic end caps for the top rack runners. Now one is contained by a plastic slip tie. Last week it started leaking. Sears was totally useless. Whirlpool keeps sending me back to them. Now, I have to go buy another new dishwasher. It will not be a Whirlpool. Next time getting the extended warranty.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

Generally great performance, however, some pots and pans require some soaking/scraping to completely clean. Glasses are clear ( with rinse aid), silverware is clean, and drying is effective.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

Best stainless steel built dishwasher we could find in this price range. Well built with lots of room and easy access to both drawers. Easy to clean filters and a nice modern look.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

I feel Whirlpool has a terrific portable dishwasher. I really like the way it is set up and it is a very nice looking unit. They could improve on their customer service towards their customers. My dishwasher got a crack in it at the top of the door where you open it and they would not send anyone out to fix it for me. I paid a pretty penny for this dishwasher and felt they should have fixed it for me. This happened in the 1 year warranty period. Otherwise I am very happy with it. I had previously had another one that lasted me 14 years.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

My dishwasher is more than 10 years old. It functions but the interior baskets have broken and because my counter overhangs a couple of inches from the dishwasher the steam from the dishwasher has damaged the underside of the counter. It cleans ok but I would not buy this kind of dishwasher again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Whirlpool?

Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

The dishwasher performs well but it is a little loud. The salesperson said that if I had purchased the model with a stainless steel tub, it would not run as loud.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

Does ok if you rinse the dishes real good. Not the best on pots and pans. And I've tried numerous brands of dishwasher soap both liquid and powder and block. I've tried arranging dishes in every way I could think of. No change. My old Kitchen Aid did much better.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

I like the dishwasher. It cleans pretty well. Some time it soap doesn't open and the dishes don’t get cleaned. But when it’s working good the dishes get cleaned very well.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

This dishwasher is so far advanced from what came with our new home 18 years ago. It is absolutely the quietest machine. You have to look at the light display to know if it is even running. It's a well thought out unit with the exception of the silverware accommodation. They used a flat low-profile basket attached to the inside of the door. Not accommodating enough space wise. Solved by augmenting the more stars compartmentalized basket that came with the old dishwasher. Would recommend and purchase again in a heartbeat!

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

Average throughout. Not too loud; not soft. Dishes are clean. Racks are suitable for my china. I will go with a stainless steel interior next time. In the three years I have had this machine, I have had 2 service calls.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

I love my dishwasher, have had no problems and it does a great job. Stainless steel interior is a plus. Give it a try, you will be satisfied with the performance.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

I have a washer, dryer, dishwasher, hood vent, stove top, and oven, all Whirlpool. I can't say enough how pleased I am with this product. My old washer and dryer was over 23 years old when I needed to replace them. Thank you Whirlpool for making such a quality product.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

Quiet running, does a great job cleaning and drying the dishes, experienced some cloudiness on the glassware but found that if I position them in the middle of the upper rack that issue was solved.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

It was made in America, I just love it and seem to do a great job. I had a Kenmore from Sears, that was made in South Korea before, and it had some issues.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

Have always loved Whirlpool. Like the silverware in the door. Doesn't take up space for other dishes. Cleans well and quiet. Trusted brand and would highly recommend Whirlpool. All of my appliances are Whirlpool, stove, refrigerator, washer and dryer. You might call me a diehard fan.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2018

I like my dishwasher very much. Because we have hard well water I use Lemi Shine to cut down on any deposits. The top shelf is adjustable so that helps with large pans getting clean.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2018

I've had this dishwasher for years and never a problem. My dishes are always clean and this dishwasher dries my dishes completely in a very short amount of time.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

The Whirlpool dishwasher is the best I have ever had! The pot scrubber just cleans anything off the dishes! I hate to wash dishes before I put them in the damn dishwasher!

Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

Mid-sized, mid-range dishwasher. It is noisy, not quiet at all, and we must speak quite loud over it if we want to be heard. The wash cycle is quite long... not really a water saver.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

My Whirlpool dishwasher cleans ok but doesn't dry dishes when on "heat dry". Sometimes soap dispenser doesn't open so have to restart from the beginning, that means also using more electricity. I'm in a rental so would never buy this product. At my home I have a Bosch which I highly recommend.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

This is a portable I purchased from an extended family member. She got it new from Sears a couple yrs ago. I do not have a built in dishwasher and needed one to help when others were here. It works great.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

I have a portable dishwasher. It does not dry the dishes when cycle is completed. I have to either leave the door open or take them out and towel dry them.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

We bought the dishwasher because ours was not a very good quality, and it was a Whirlpool and was larger than our old one. But the arrangement of the bottom shelf doesn't allow for effective placement of larger items. If you wash any large items it doesn't wash the top shelf dishes.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

Do not like the controls on the top of the door! We prefer to have them on top in the front so that we can see what’s happening all the time, And be able to change the controls without having to open the door.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

Absolutely awful. They are needed 2 cutlery baskets replaced, gave model number and whatever else they asked for, and I got sent things I did not ask for want or need, 5 times that happened. Never will I buy a Whirlpool product again. NEVER.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

Safety issue with Dishwasher Model MDB6949SDH. Fire hazard! Strong electrical burning smell when using powerblast function. Waiting for some Whirlpool action but does not look to be too soon. Chat noted a report to be filed with safety department and will hear from them. No hear so far. Pick up phone Whirlpool.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

Would never buy another Whirlpool... Immediately had circuit board issues, luckily covered by local seller of brand, just outside warranty. Showing signs of rust around exterior dishwasher door latch, which means: on borrowed time with this clunker.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

I have bought and used other dishwashers (different brands). They lacked quality, quiet operation and efficiently and effectively cleaning dishes, pots and silverware! My Whirlpool dishwasher is far better than all of them. It cleans and makes my dishes sparkle. I would not buy anything but Whirlpool in the future.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

Although there are only 2 in this family, I wash my dishes almost daily. It does a fantastic job, no problem with dishes not clean when finished and I have a stainless steel washer so it fits right in with other appliances.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

Three failures in 14 months. First, the detergent dispenser broke. Next, right after the warranty would have been over (fortunately, I purchased from Costco which automatically extends warranty for another year) the pump failed and had to be replaced. Now the heat element is obviously faulty because the dishes are cold through all cycles. So I have to call them back again. I have no complaints about the service company. They were polite and reasonably prompt. Just appears that the product is JUNK! I am going to Costco tomo and will explain the situation. They probably can’t do anything but maybe they will go to a better product for others.

Whirlpool expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Whirlpool is the leading manufacturer of home appliances. It operates in more than 170 countries and has global sales totaling over $20 billion.

• Discount dishwashers: Offering a full range of dishwasher products, even Whirlpool's most affordable models include features like a soil sensor.

• One-hour wash cycle: Clean dishes quickly and well using a Whirlpool dishwasher with a one-hour cycle.

• Dependable reputation: Whirlpool dishwashers have some of the lowest maintenance costs among comparable brands.

• Portable dishwashers available: Perfect for apartments or small kitchens, portable dishwashers give you more counter space where you need it.

• Say goodbye to silverware spots: With the silverware spray designed specifically for your flatware, Whirlpool gets rid of the most stubborn grime.

• Best for: Homeowners, apartment renters, families and businesses

www.whirlpool.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use