Whirlpool Dishwashers

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

View Plans

Whirlpool Dishwashers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Whirlpool?

Original review: Jan. 10, 2023

We originally had a bottom of the market dishwasher which by the way did a fantastic job. However, because we used it so much we thought we would treat ourselves and buy a Whirlpool. Biggest mistake ever! The cleaning is so poor. The glasses are never clean. The cutlery draw is useless and in the way. We could go on. PLEASE consider any other make. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY. SO DISAPPOINTED.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2023

I bought Whirlpool dishwasher 18 months ago, and I have to say this is the worst dishwasher I ever had. The dishes are never rinsed properly, especially on the upper rack. I do clean the filter and add salt regularly, but my glasses are never clean. I have to wash them manually. Additional problem is that glasses can't be placed on the lower rack as they flip on side and can break. Whenever taking out dishes I am leaving some dishes to be washed again because they are not clean. I also don't like that washing cycle last minimum 3 hours, there is no fast cycle. Will never buy Whirlpool dishwasher again.

Get buying tips about Dishwashers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2022

We own a Whirlpool dishwasher and fortunately, we use it often because In the month it was going to lose its warranty the pump died. Also the silverware rack was designed so that it's impossible to put silverware past the soap holder regardless of its in its designated spot, and pulling the silverware rack out is very difficult because there aren't stoppers on the sides of the holding buttons. Basically, it was designed by a retard.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2022

We bought a 1400.00 refrigerator /freezer earlier this year. The freezer stops working, sometimes for days at a time. Trying to talk to someone at Whirlpool is impossible. We can leave our number for a callback in a week. The earliest service call is in two weeks. This is no way to run a business and you can be sure we will NEVER buy anything from whirlpool again.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2022

Don't buy a Whirlpool product, you will regret it. We read the reviews at the Lowe's store and bought what was supposed to be a top rated top of the line dishwasher. We should have looked further. First mistake, buying from Lowe's. Don't do that. The machine was delivered and installed by Lowe's. It leaked. The installer came back and said "not our fault factory defect". The factory rep came next, he claimed installer had left a clamp off. Two weeks later he came to install that, it still leaked.

Two weeks later he came back and determined the "pan was miscast" and that isn't a repairable problem. The factory disagreed, there is a multi-hour repair that can be done, we can find someone willing to do it and ironically, that multi-hour repair can be done exactly two months after we purchased this junker, in your kitchen, maybe. New tech looks at the factory order and says they can do the repair but they don't "uninstall" appliances, someone else has to take it out and put it back. Here we are, back to square one.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2022

In February 2019 we bought 4 new Whirlpool appliances, from our local Best Buy store. Gas Range, Side by Side Refrigerator, Dishwasher, and convection Microwave. In July of 2019, the Refrigerator stopped working while we were away on vacation. Then in November 2019, the gas Range quit. Both these appliances were covered, fixed, under warranty, except for the spoiled food in our refrigerator. Then in February of 2021, the dishwasher quit. Since February of 2021, we have changed 2 Control Boards, and two wash pump motors, now this last control board has failed. And now replacements are OUT OF STOCK everywhere. Whirlpool has not held up to the quality appliance it once was. You’ve been warned. Buyer beware.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2022

I bought a full kitchen suite of Whirlpool based on reputation. 2 years and my dishwasher died. The tech came out and said it was a sump assembly and control board. Went on to say he probably changed 50 in last 2 years. Called Whirlpool and they said "Nothing we can do for you and there is no history and bulletins. You should have bought a warranty." I didn't buy one because of the reputation. Big mistake. Whirpool's quality seems to have taken a dive and they don't care.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2022

Bought a brand new Whirlpool dishwasher. 3 Loads and it already set an alarm off and wouldn't run anymore. Had installers come out and look at it and they showed me how it was leaking from the side of the dishwasher (bad seal obviously). Called place where I bought unit and they told me I had to call Whirlpool as they will not replace without a service call. No technicians available and was told someone would get back to me within 7 days (longer than I have had the unit). No response and I called back.

Was told again that a warranty representative will be in touch within 7 days. No way! Not an option and badgered until I spoke with someone now about a BRAND NEW UNIT. Someone got back to me a day later saying they have approved a new unit but not available for 2-4 weeks and I would have to pick up from same dealer I purchased from. They will only cover $150 of the $250 I paid for delivery and installation. The final woman I spoke to gave a bit of attitude that I was in the wrong on this and I should be more patient. I don't know how companies operate this way. Unfortunately, I don't think this is just a Whirlpool issue as my LG products were junk too.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2022

Just purchased my WP Diswasher at PC Richards last Sept. As a matter of fact mine is running as I type. Forgot it was Operating. Extremely quiet. And it cleans flawlessly. Maybe these customers bought very low end models or something happened during installation. We're all human. Well I highly recommend this brand. They have been around for some time and I trust them. Samsung, LG tvs yes. Not when it comes to appliances that work for a living. Dishwashers, refrigerators, ranges etc.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2022

Purchased a new Home from Del Webb. Not a great experience, many issues from the initial contract through follow up items. We have been in the house for 2 1/2 months. The Kitchen aide dishwasher has never worked. Pulte would not take any responsibility they said we had to work with Whirlpool. Whirlpool is actually worse than Pulte, had a service rep come out 2 weeks after first reported, said it needed a new motherboard and pump. They ordered the parts and said when they show up call us and we will come back to replace.

Parts still have not showed up and they make us go through their escalation process, today was supposed to be the final day of escalation and if no parts they are to replace the unit. Called today and was on hold for about 1 hour, finally talked to someone and we have to wait one more day for the final escalation process to be complete. Who knows what will happen at this point. We will NEVER buy anything with the Whirlpool name on it. Likely will never get it resolved and we will just go buy a new dishwasher and they will win. Their BS is so you will just go away and quit bothering them.

Whirlpool author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Whirlpool is the leading manufacturer of home appliances. It operates in more than 170 countries and has global sales totaling over $20 billion.

• Discount dishwashers: Offering a full range of dishwasher products, even Whirlpool's most affordable models include features like a soil sensor.

• One-hour wash cycle: Clean dishes quickly and well using a Whirlpool dishwasher with a one-hour cycle.

• Dependable reputation: Whirlpool dishwashers have some of the lowest maintenance costs among comparable brands.

• Portable dishwashers available: Perfect for apartments or small kitchens, portable dishwashers give you more counter space where you need it.

• Say goodbye to silverware spots: With the silverware spray designed specifically for your flatware, Whirlpool gets rid of the most stubborn grime.

Whirlpool Dishwashers Company Information