Viking Dishwashers

Recognized for their exceptional products, Viking provides free standing ranges, range tops, ovens, refrigeration of all kinds, and much more. They have re-engineered their products and they are better than ever. You can now own these products that were previously available only in commercial kitchens. Since partnering with The Middleby Corporation over two years ago, they’ve shifted their culture to ensure their products, quality, and service are the best out there. With numerous products to choose from, you’ll find exactly what you’ve been looking for.

Compare Dishwashers

Research top Dishwashers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

We built our new house in 2015. Purchased a Viking range, microwave, and dishwasher. Within one month, the dishwasher door pulley broke. Took 3 months to get repaired and the door actually ended up breaking so we had to get a new dishwasher. That took another 2-3 months. Our new dishwasher has now been repaired twice, and is once again malfunctioning. We had the repairman out over a month ago and still no new circuit boards have arrived. I would love a refund and would trash this dishwasher. We have had zero issues with our range and microwave, but very upset with the price point and quality of the dishwasher. BUYER BEWARE.

The "Viking Pro" dishwasher we had was recalled because the heater would start fires, apparently about 20 of them! So they sent a tech to fix it - that took 3 months! So we washed dishes by hand. Then after they supposedly fixed the dishwasher it would give error codes like "flooding", but it was not doing that it just would stop mid cycle - sometimes. So they came again after much complaining and could not fix it and suggested it "MIGHT" be a control board problem. Even though when they ran diagnostics there was nothing found to be broken. It was clear to me that fixing the heater problem caused the machine to randomly stop, yet they refused to fix it. Viking wanted to charge me for a new "controller board" so adding $400 to a unit I already do not trust. Clearly if it worked before they took it apart and replaced the wiring harness and heater then something they did during the repair broke something else!

Please don't waste money on any Viking products! I have had two dishwashers in the past 10 years that fall apart and no longer work. I also have Viking fridge. The drawers broke, builds ice in the bottom of the freezer every few weeks that you have to hammer away to get the door to shut, and have replaced the ice maker twice which no longer works again! I buy bagged ice to fill my ice maker. Viking products stink.

The seal on our dishwasher has rusted out twice in 6 years. It was so badly rusted inside the door we needed a new holder. We have been waiting for about 10 weeks for the parts, can't get through on the phone to customer service. This is the worst customer service I have ever experienced. I would never buy another Viking product. We also have a Viking range which so far have not had any problems, but desperately hope we don`t as we could be without a range for up to 3 months.

Viking VDB451. Nothing but problems since purchase installed October 2012. Unit would not run on a GFCI breaker, had the technician out several time then called the factory and they said take it off GFCI breaker. Viking was out again for a blower issue. Now the dishwasher will not complete any of the cycles. After 3 years of use the technician is blaming a 30" discharge extension that was installed back in 2012. Will never buy another Viking product again. I have 8 repair receipts between diagnosing and ordering parts.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Viking?

I am very disappointed with Viking. I purchased a Viking Dishwasher (Model VDB450SS, Serial No. 081910D00018347) for my home and subsequently registered the product. I was never notified of a fire hazard recall on my unit (Recall date: April 10, 2012; Recall number: **) which states "[c]onsumers should immediately stop using the recalled dishwashers and contact Viking's hotline for a free in-home repair." I discovered the recall on or about January 25, 2016, when my unit's electrical circuit ceased operation and I inquired about service. Thankfully no fire. I called the recall hotline, (800) 241-7239, was assigned Customer ID No. **, and was promised a repair kit would be delivered to my home within 15 business days.

On March 1, 2016, I call back to the hotline to report that the repair kit still had not arrived, and I was advised that the issue was "escalated" and that another kit would be sent because they could not trace the 1st one. On March 24, 2016, I again called the hotline because no repair kit has been received. I was told that the company answering the hotline reported the matter to Viking and while I was placed on hold, they tried without success to reach Viking. I left my cell number and demanded a call back. The failure of Viking to timely address the recall is unacceptable. My family of 4 has been without a dishwasher for 2 months now.

A few weeks ago a local appliance company called to set up an appointment to install a recall part on our Viking dishwasher. This was the first we heard about a recall, but we set up the appointment and on March 9th a person from the appliance company that was hired by Viking Range came out to install the part. After they left, the previously working dishwasher wouldn't turn on. I called the company back and a week later they came out again, and discovered the recall part was not supported by the internal hardware on the Viking dishwasher. We were told they would report it to Viking to get authorization to fix the problem and order the additional part.

A few days later we get a call from Veronica at Viking Range Co. saying that they need to send out their own representative to confirm the findings of the appliance company they hired, and the first available date would be March 31st. That's over 3 weeks since they un-fixed our working dishwasher. After they "Confirm the Findings" they will have to still order the part and schedule the company they hired to come back out... all the while we are without a working dishwasher due to no fault of our own. A very unfortunate set of circumstances, handled with very poor customer service by Viking, with no apologies.

The last thing I did was leave a message for Veronica and said that "this was not acceptable, someone needed to come sooner, please put me in touch with a supervisor". We have not heard back. This is the most disappointing customer service from Viking Range, and we are left with nowhere to turn, but leave a negative review on this matter.

I bought the Viking dishwasher about 3 years ago and I only use it less than once a week. The circuit board has to be replaced for over $550 including labor. I am very disappointed in the quality of this expensive brand. It only has the name!!! My old Jenn-Air dishwasher lasted for years without problem. What a shame! I will never buy a Viking again!

Our Viking Professional Series Dishwasher, model VDB450ESS, is about 4 years old. Suddenly, we cannot open the cap on the rinse agent compartment! No previous difficulties, etc. It will not budge. A live chat with Viking agent who advised running the unit again to possibly dissolve any detergent that might be the cause, did not work! Call with a Viking Parts & repair service offered no solutions other than to say they don't have a replacement cap (as do Whirlpool and other DW manufacturers) and replacement of the unit could cost between $300 & $400! We find this absurd! Why no replacement cap available? We can probably remove the cap with a pliers but risk breaking the cap! A service call will be costly as well. How to obtain a replacement cap in case our attempt at removal is unsuccessful?

Updated on 01/28/2016: My husband wrapped the ends of a pliers with a terrycloth towel and very carefully attempted to turn the stuck cap counterclockwise (as directed by arrow on the cap to open unit). After a few seconds, he was able to loosen the cap and remove it! There appeared to be dried crystals on the threads of one side of the cap, which cause it to appeared glued in place. Cleaned it with hot water and wiped unit clean. We use the "power ball" tabs which work great and have done so for a few years, so will continue with them. Just be aware that you can fix this problem yourself if necessary and without paying hundreds of dollars for an entire new unit or a repair service!

My husband and I built a home 6 years ago and chose, at our decorator's and contractor's suggestion all Viking appliances, although we had had Sub-Zero and other brands in our previous home with absolutely no trouble. In the 6 years we've lived here, the dishwasher has been broken 4 times, and now the interior frame is cracked. We have had to replace 3 drawers in the refrigerator/freezer due to cracking. The oven gasket has needed replacement 3 times, and the lettering on the oven panel has rubbed off. After waiting 3 months for a parts order, they now tell me they no longer make that part (on a 6-year-old appliance) because, "They don't have enough call for it". I would NEVER buy a Viking appliance again. Their appliances, perhaps once made with quality, are inferior, in spite of upscale appliance prices, and their customer service is awful. What has happened to this company??

We purchased all new Viking appliances for a new home we built. The Viking dishwasher has never worked properly since the day we bought it. I have had it serviced several times and the service agent suggested that we try to have it replaced since it didn't work. I tried to contact Viking by phone and spoke to Tim **, Kai ** and Brittany. I never received a callback.

I then emailed their west coast general manager, Randy **, who did not even take the time to respond. They have an arrogant group of people working there who are not interested in satisfying their customer. I am going to trash this dishwasher and buy one for 1/4 the price that will work ten times better than this one. Viking has this great name in the industry when in fact, their products are terrible and they don't care about their customers.

We "upgraded" our kitchen with all Viking appliances a couple of years ago, and I have never been so disappointed in a product line. All of the major appliances (refrigerator, stove and dishwasher) had to be serviced within the first year. The refrigerator has been serviced twice, the dishwasher three times and I'm waiting as I write this for a call back from the service technician whom I paid $400 for repairs last week. On a positive note, the microwave works fine, but the trim at the base fell off of it, so I threw it away. The trim, not the microwave.

Obviously there is a quality control issue that I am told Viking is working to resolve. In the meantime, my problem is the availability of servicing. The closest and ONLY certified Viking repair technician is an hour away (though the closest Viking distributor is 10 minutes away). Even though my appliances are out of warranty, I still have to rely on a Viking repair tech because Viking makes it nearly impossible for anyone else to service their appliances. If they can't make the stuff work right, you'd think that they might at least Make it possible to get it fixed, since it's obviously not a rare occurrence. Maybe they want us to toss the stuff out and buy new? Never again.

When redoing our kitchen we decide to purchase all Viking appliances: dishwasher, 36 inch gas range, commercial grade fridge, freezer, wine fridge, and microwave. From the time of installation there was issues with every single item. After repairing the dishwasher control panel twice for 800 dollars each time no warranty on that part we finally replaced it. Unfortunately I have a gas range and the only thing that works on it is two burners. I have never been able to use the grill and no one was able to repair it. My fridge and freezer is now turned off and no one wants to touch Viking products and to replace them is too much.

In the beginning Viking had said they would replace all the products. After numerous calls then they disappeared and I was told my warranty was up and I was on my own. They never fixed it while the warranty was still good, they just waited and dragged things on. Worst experience ever. Beautiful kitchen with nothing working in it.

I bought a house on June 1 that has all Viking appliances. Since I bought the house, the start button has broken twice, each time taking 2 weeks to repair. Luckily the old owner purchased an extended warranty so it was covered, but I literally used it twice and the button broke again. He told me to tap very lightly, but even with that, a tiny plastic part cracked and the dishwasher wouldn't work.

Then I received a notice that an electrical part in the dishwasher was on recall and would take 14 business days to arrive at my house, at which point I could schedule a repair person to fix it. Again, the dishwasher will be out of service for 4 weeks. I called Viking and asked them to extend the warranty because the dishwasher has so many problems but they declined. They said the start button will be covered for a year, but labor isn't covered once my extended warranty is up. I've never had a dishwasher problem before, and this one has only worked for 4 washes in the last 3 months. Save a lot of money and aggravation and pick a different one.

Purchased brand new "luxury" dishwasher in 2013, it randomly stopped working. Have called MULTIPLE times, left messages, and emailed Viking customer service with no response. Dishwasher is under warranty till 2016. Will never purchase or recommend this brand.

Viking Dishwasher is a bad investment!!! Rusting racks, bad water pump, motor burned out. My wife and I had purchased Viking Stove, Range, and Dishwasher when we moved into our new home, within the first month we had to have a service tech come to our home because the dishwasher pump had issues. Within 2 years the racks were rusting out. We called Pacific Sales to get replacement racks. What a joke. They could care less about the reliability of the products that they sell. The canned response is that you must call the manufacturer. I wanted to replace the racks. I was given the 800# for Viking. It took me about 20-25 attempts over 2 weeks, calling at different times of the day before I finally was able to talk to a rep person.

I placed the order for the new racks ($480 1/3rd of the price of a new Viking dishwasher). The racks were on back order, with an anticipated delivery date of 3-4 months. After 4 months I did not receive the racks. I called Viking again and was told that there was an issue with the production of the racks from whomever they outsourced the manufacturing to. The racks are now deteriorated so much so that we started using zip-ties to hold them together. Things only got worse. Now we the motor burned out!!! The dishwasher is only 4 years old! I have purchased less expensive GE dishwashers in the past with none of the problems. In fairness, I should add that the Viking range and stove are still operating smoothly with no issues.

We purchased a Viking dishwasher, model FDW100, just over a year ago and it looks like we will be throwing it away. It does not wash or dry. I tripped the door switch to watch the washing action with the door open and there just isn't enough water pressure from the dishwasher pump to get the dishes clean. If you put a cup right-side-up on the top shelf it can barely fill the cup with water. We had two serviceman look at it and they say there is nothing wrong. They connect their tester and find no diagnostic codes so they say it is fine.

I ask them if they check the water pressure from the pump and the answer is; "No. We don't check that." (Water pressure is the only thing that washes) As far as drying, well it doesn't. The dishes are warm but not even close to dry. I'm contributing the drying problem to the EPA forcing the Energy Star program onto manufacturers. How do you reduce energy cost on a dishwasher? Two ways. Reduce the pumps and reduce the electric heating cycle. I cannot recommend this model Viking dishwasher to anyone.

My dishwasher was recalled due to fire hazard. It stopped working. They would NOT fix it for free. Then silverware basket fell apart with very little use. I called Viking in Concord, CA and spoke to a woman who works for Viking. She said she could order a replacement silverware basket for my tenant (The house and dishwasher is hundreds of miles away so I had no idea of its size.). I paid for the basket and was told it would arrive in 3 weeks. After two MONTHS, it had not arrived, per tenant. I called the appliance store and they called the lady in Concord and she said it had been shipped out twice. However, this proved not to be the case at all. When I spoke to her, she said that due to the fact that the dishwasher was 4 years old and discontinued, she couldn't find any baskets. She had none available and had made no progress in finding me one.

She never once bothered to contact me, or the store for two months to inform of us of the situation. She could not give me the size or any helpful information so I could search for it myself. I went out online and found a website that locates parts and I had one ordered in 5 minutes. After I spent $20,000 on VIKING appliances, I have much regret. I will never buy from them again and beware, this is how they will treat you, too.

I purchased all Viking appliances thinking they were high quality. Unfortunately, I had problems from the start...especially with the dishwasher. Like many other customers, the silverware basket began falling apart within the first year. I complained to Viking and left with the impression they just don't care if you are satisfied or not. I can't stand the thought of paying up to $80 for a new Viking basket- after paying so much $$$ for the dishwasher in the first place- so I am still using the broken one currently held together with zip ties. If that wasn't enough, the "start" button on the top edge that turns the machine ON failed. That cost me close to $200 to replace one tiny electronic part. I have a small apartment size dishwasher in one of my rental units I paid only 1/4 of what I did for my Viking and it cleans dishes so much BETTER than my expensive Viking. DO NOT BUY VIKING APPLIANCES. You will regret it.

OMG do not purchase under any circumstance unless you want to overpay for a dish drying rack. I've had it 2 years and it has gone down more than 8 times and it take an eternity to get repaired. They use breakable plastic in all stress points, the plastic latch keeps breaking, over and over and over again again again. Each time it breaks it's a month of downtime and I hate doing dishes by hand. Been without a working dishwasher for over 4 months in last 2 years. Nightmare. It is a good drying rack after you have hand washed everything. Always breaks during major holidays. Plastic plastic plastic makes this a super unreliable low quality product. Do not buy.

Faulty control board on Series 325 dishwasher. Two year old unit was no longer under warranty of course. No help whatsoever from Viking. Replacement Viking control board costs 4 times a Whirlpool board. Nothing special about Viking model other than the name. I will never buy another Viking appliance.

Got Viking appliances with new home. Big mistake. Especially the dishwasher. Does not dry dishes. Takes forever and now it has stopped cleaning hem too.

We bought a Viking stove, hood/microwave, and dishwasher when we remodeled for our dream kitchen. Each appliance has had problems. First the bottom of the utensil basket disintegrated. It was flimsy and brittle after a few months of use. Brand specific replacement, $70 from our local appliance store. Fewer than 20 months later the control panel on top acted up. The appliance repair person said it would be at least 6 weeks to get a replacement part, if it was even available. It would cost, with installation, over $300. The stove has had several problems, the microwave/hood has problems. None of this was covered under any warranty. For a low end product the performance would be poor. Because it's expensive, we'd say it was abysmal.

I bought the whole line of Viking also and right away the built in refrigerator didn't work, the condensation heater didn't work and water leaked all over my new floor. Then the dishwasher pump didn't work, got it fixed twice after missing several days of work first for service to come out and diagnose the problem then to come back and replace the part. It still does not clean well and always has water on the bottom that gets stinky.

I purchased the FDB451 and didn't realize I had to order the stainless steel front separately. Both the seller Pacific Sales, and Viking have a part in this. The Viking microwave is not installed correctly and the door sticks. Very disappointed in all of it. Even the Viking hood did not come with the heat lamp or lights and is not all that quiet. The fridge is a joke for the $8000 it cost. No water dispenser and the one door is a pain to open all the way to roll the tray out. It is good at cooling off the rest of my house though...

We bought a home and had the full line of Viking appliances put in the home. The dishwasher has broken down roughly 6 times in 4 1/2 years of use with a family of 4. The worst part is that once it breaks down it takes about a week to get a service tech to your home and EVERY TIME Viking needs to order parts. Parts take 4-6 weeks to arrive!!! So every time the Viking dishwasher breaks down we have no dishwasher for about a month to a month and half. So in 4 1/2 years our Viking dishwasher has been off of service for about 6 months. Customer service will not help and you CANNOT get transferred to a supervisor. Viking rep REFUSES to transfer us for additional help.

I have NEVER seen such poor service with any company let alone one with appliances at the high price point of Viking. The plastic in the refrig cracks and has been replaced 3-4 times in 4 years!! DO NOT BUY VIKING IS MY BEST ADVISE. It is not worth the money and NO customer service!! I have to give them a rating but, 1 Star is TOO HIGH!!

Horrible dishwasher. A yard hose would do a better job. The top tray was never stable so I threw it out! Now we have only the bottom tray. Sometimes I literally have to start and restart up to 7 times for the cycle to catch. Btw, Viking refrigerator works exception but the clear hard plastic interior trays/covers cracked every three months. After the third time they replaced the butter cover, meat cover, etc. I was advised they would no longer honor the warranty. Redic company!

4 to 5 years ago we bought a Viking dishwasher to replace our other one because we couldn't stand the noise. This one was quiet at first and ran pretty good. After the first year it left the dishes wet and ran for four hours. But first we had to reset it five or six times to get it to even run. Today we are buying a Bosch. The Viking caught on fire today and lucky for us it threw the circuit breaker before it got out of hand. Never touching a Viking again.

Four years ago we bought Viking appliances and Christine, the Stephen King creation, took over the dishwasher. One replacement and 4 repairmen later, blowup. From my wife's FB post: "We had a little post-Christmas surprise today... the Viking dishwasher backed up, flooded our newly refinished hardwood floors, newly painted basement and new carpets." "You could of water skied through our kitchen this morning. Then the laws of gravity took over and you could have water skied though my downstairs office. Guess what the Viking Distributor is getting for a New Year's present... I hope he has a big, solid and waterproof desk!"

I purchase a new Viking dishwasher 2 years ago and it has worked a total of 6 months. The other 18 months, we were getting repairs done on it. Model # VDB450ESS. We have been fighting with the company to honor a replacement and they refuse. I would never recommend any Viking appliances.

Where do I begin. 4 and half years ago, we remodeled our home and bought Viking appliances which we have been very happy with EXCEPT for the horrible, horrible dishwasher. It has NEVER worked properly, EVER. So much so that after 2 years, I got Viking to replace it with a new one and it's still doesn't work well. It spontaneously starts beeping, non-stop, the cycle takes FOREVER. I hate it, I hate it, I hate it. A friend recommended to get a less expensive one, stainless steel but that will work better. That's all from me.... Grrr.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Founded in 1986, Viking brings commercial cooking into the residential home. The majority of its product line is made in Greenwood, Mississippi.

• Energy Star certified: Where many consumer brands offer a mix of both Energy Star and non-certified options, all Viking dishwashers meet the standard.
  • Custom door panels available: Don't settle for good enough when you can get an exact match to your cabinets with a Viking dishwasher.
  • Soil sensor technology: Every Viking dishwasher can tell how soiled a load is and adjust the cycle to match.
  • Industry-leading warranty: Get one of the best and longest manufacturer's warranties when you buy Viking. It offers a three-year full warranty that includes parts and labor.
  • Quiet Clean technology: Get nearly silent operation with insulation that helps keep the noise inside the dishwasher. Viking offers useful tips to help you minimize the decibels.
  • Best for Homeowners, families, businesses