GE Dishwashers

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

About GE Dishwashers

GE appliances come with a traditional warranty, but the company also offers extended coverage with a Service Protection Advantage plan from Assurant, GE’s authorized provider of extended warranties. The plan covers parts and labor for appliance repairs for an extended period. Customers pick and choose which appliances or systems need to be covered.

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

GE Dishwashers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GE Dishwashers?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about GE Washing Machines?

Original review: April 11, 2022

My brand new GE dishwasher was delivered on February 17th. That next day I ran the dishwasher and it leaks water all over the floor. I immediately contacted Lowe's that's who I bought the dishwasher from and they referred me to GE customer service since it was brand new and still under warranty. That's when the nightmare began. After contacting GE customer service I got the runaround. I was promised call backs. I was told this and told that. Anyway a month later I'm still calling GE's customer service waiting on a part or waiting on the machine to be replaced and still getting the runaround. Whatever you do don't I repeat do not buy a GE dishwasher. Their customer service if you have any problems will let you down and cause you Untold frustration.

Original review: March 17, 2022

We bought a GE dishwasher July of last year. In December it started to shut off some off minutes into the cycle. FOUR months this piece of junk has not been working. Three times someone has been here to say " oh it should be working". They are sending someone out for a 4th time now. Should have already been replaced.

Get buying tips about Dishwashers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 12, 2022

Have used GE dishwashers before - were good. However GE no longer makes them, it's just a name - now made by MABE (part of HAIER), Mexican with Chinese ownership, and this new one arrived with a factory fault - cracked tub which leaked immediately. "Cracked tub seam" and leak found immediately by service tech "GE"s site referred. Good news is the leak detector worked! Bad news - is we didn't install it right away (old one still worked and pandemic...) so it was a year before we got to it (was partly a gift). So - now MFR Mabe is giving us the run around and so far not doing anything about the faulty dishwasher they mfd and shipped through Home Depot. Don't be fooled as we were - "GE" is not actually GE anymore and the mfr HAIER/MABE are doing nothing to correct a factory mfg fault.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2021

Easy to use. Not stop computerize problem. Easy to install. Time and water consumes. I am very happy which product last longer and money saves. I recommend as best brand. White and black color are popular for new homes.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2021

I bought the dishwasher July 2020. I’ve had 9 service calls and multiple calls to GE and my dishwasher still doesn’t work correctly. It doesn’t wash or dry thoroughly. At one point it wouldn’t even turn on. They came and the wires melted together. It was installed by a professional. Now I’m worried it a fire hazard. I’ve had to leave work early each time. At times they have not shown up when they were supposed to or shown up when they are not supposed to. Every time you call you are on hold for at an hour. When you do get through they pass you on to someone else who doesn’t care or know what to do.

I've been told several times that should I get a new dishwasher after this many calls but I’m told by the service person that is not true. Also if the repair person deems it unrepairable can be replaced. The repair person said that’s not true. Now the it's out of warranty and they are trying to charge me for the service call. They offered to sell me a new dishwasher at a discounted price. Unbelievable! I’m at my wit's end and I’ve lost faith in GE

Original review: Aug. 11, 2021

I have been trying to get this dishwasher to work since April. I have had it serviced 2x and yesterday the board was replaced. Soon after the dishwasher started to say the same thing again. Press start and the cycle is paused and will start in 3-2-1. it does not start but repeats and beeps over and over. I have done everything in my power to get this rectified. It will run out of warranty in October and I haven't been able to use it. As a consumer I am demanding a usable product that I spent my hard earned money on. Here is the model CDT875P4N2W2. I will go to any lengths to get some attention in this matter and I hope Consumer Affairs can contact GE Corporate for me.

Dr. David ** Lewes Delaware

Original review: July 4, 2021

I bought a GE dishwasher that has a plastic tub. The tub smells. I asked GE to replace it, they won't because they say it operates correctly. I cannot imagine why any manufacturer would use a product in a dishwasher that STINKS. The plastic even has a warning for California consumers, that it's a cancer-causing substance. I'm glad I don't live in California, so it will never cause cancer here....

Original review: June 22, 2021

We bought this dishwasher, with third rack and steel tub, after extensively reading reviews online. We went through Home Depot and had to wait a month for the dishwasher to be delivered. We have had it just over a month now and not only does it fail to get all of the dishes completely clean (even when run on heavy cycle) it NEVER dries even with the dry boost on. We never overload it or load it incorrectly and still there are dishes and utensils with food residue after it's done running which takes hours. I predict it will rust out in about five years (planned obsolescence). The only feature I'm happy with is that it is nearly silent. Not hearing it run helps to not remind me how much money we wasted.

Original review: March 28, 2021

We bought a new GE dishwasher 28 APR 2020. I noticed it wasn't working right about 5 months later. We are just over 1 month from the end of the warranty. The store where we bought it has been fantastic, but they've been out 5 times to try to fix this sucker and they can't. GE told ME they would replace it if the store called to say they couldn't fix it, but when the store called, they refused. They're sending the repair guy out yet again one week before the warranty expires so he can call them and they'll talk about it while he's here. I'll never buy another GE appliance again.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2021

First, I want to acknowledge that I misplaced my receipt due to a move, 8 storage units and 4 houses. But...I did register my new, never before installed dishwasher when it was installed October 2020. After install I ran it empty to test/clean it. IT LEAKED. I called GE to schedule repair. I was told it was manufactured in 2018 (another said 2019) and it was not under warranty. I explained I purchased it only a few months before and installation was delayed due to my contractors. They said I would have to pay for labor but the parts were covered under warranty. I didn't like it but agreed because I couldn't find the receipt (from a big box store).

Local repair people came, after 2 more calls, 3 weeks later and fixed the leak. They did not run or check if anything else was wrong with the dishwasher. I began using it and quickly realized that it did not get the dishes clean. It does not heat the water, it does not dry, it can't possibly sanitize without heat and kitchen installer said it was missing the kick plate. Geez!! And this is just the things I know!! I have called 4 times now to schedule a service repair, each time having to explained the whole thing, sit on hold, ask to speak to a supervisor, be transferred to customer service and 4 times I have been DISCONNECTED!! I bought all GE appliances so they would match but I would give anything if I didn't have to deal with GE again!! Unfortunately, I will have to call again Monday or buy a different brand. Save yourself and buy another brand!!! Wish I could submit a picture.

GE Washing Machines author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Since it’s founding as the Edison Electric Light Company in 1878, GE has been a household name in appliances. The company's innovation keeps it at the forefront of home design with smart products and integrated technologies.

• Compact built-ins available: Where most dishwashers are 24 inches, GE offers a more compact size, at only 18 inches, which is great for small kitchens and apartments.

• Front or top controls: Depending on your countertops, you might not be able to easily use top controls on a dishwasher, so having the option of top or front controls makes finding the right machine easier.

• Portable dishwashers: GE's portable options allow you to get a dishwasher that you can take with you if you move. Also, with these dishwashers you don’t need a plumber to install it.

• Under-sink installations: To keep storage loss to a minimum, GE manufactures dishwashers that you can install directly under a sink or a cooktop.

• Guided tour to GE dishwashers: Use easy-to-navigate website resources to learn the pros and cons of each style so you can choose the one that works best for you.

GE Dishwashers Company Information