GE Dishwashers

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

About GE Dishwashers

GE appliances come with a traditional warranty, but the company also offers extended coverage with a Service Protection Advantage plan from Assurant, GE’s authorized provider of extended warranties. The plan covers parts and labor for appliance repairs for an extended period. Customers pick and choose which appliances or systems need to be covered.

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

GE Dishwashers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GE Dishwashers?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about GE Washing Machines?

Original review: July 25, 2022

We bought a brand new GE dishwasher with third rack. It never worked right from the start. It took 3 hours to wash the dishes. You could only use it on one setting and we received an email last month the warranty expired. It broke this week. Repair man said it’s the computer. Had my last Frigidaire dishwasher for 10 years no problems. I am so disappointed and would not recommend GE ever!

Original review: July 22, 2022

July 22, 2022. How Many Visits does it take for a GE Repairman to Fix a GE Dishwasher? (Hint: More than 7 & Still Waiting!)

I. The Problem: Our GE Dishwasher (Model No GDF610PSJ2SS) stopped working in February 2022. It just wouldn’t turn on. When we bought the dishwasher in March 2017, we smartly took advantage of GE’s Extended Warranty Opportunity under Service Protection Plus. We received a 6-year Extended Warranty in April 2017 from Assurant. As it says in the promo - “it is for peace of mind during the warranty.”

II. Steps Taken to Fix the Problem. Well, I am here to report that the “Extended Warranty” has turned into an “Extended Nightmare” and that “Peace of Mind” has long left the “Mind in Pieces”! Let me share what happened during the 7 Visits in Chronological Order:

1. March 2022 : Support call placed to Assurant for a technician to fix the problem. Technician from their local provider shows up. Leaves saying he “needs to order a part”. (Won’t tell us what the problem is.)

2. April 2022: The local provider calls to inform us the part has arrived and they need to set up an appointment. On the day of the appointment, he replaces the new part and announces that the Dishwasher is now working. Only problem, he hypothesizes, is there is no water flowing either way. So he leaves, telling us his job is done and we should get a Plumber.
- We get a Plumber (cost:$150) to “fix” this problem. He demonstrates the water flowing into the dishwasher. No plumbing problem.

- So, we get back to Assurant and the Local Provider saying the Plumbing is fine and the dishwasher is still not fixed!

3. May 2022: The Technician comes in and tinkers around - Identical to Step 1 Above. Leaves saying he needs a part!

4. June 2022: On the day of the appointment, he replaces the new part. Dishwasher still not working. Leaves saying he needs another part! (Mind you he won’t tell us what the issue is.)

5. July 6, 2022: Same as 4. Leaves saying he needs another part!

6. July 11, 2022: Same as 4. Leaves saying he needs yet another part!

7. July 20, 2022: A slight twist. On the day of the appointment, a new technician arrives and replaces the new part. Dishwasher is still not working. Tells us he needs our wifi code. We refuse to give him. He says he cannot do this job. Puts everything back and leaves saying his boss will be in touch with us!

III. The Status. So, on Jul 21, 2022 we received an email from Assurant that due to the customer’s “non-cooperation with the technician on site” (note: this would be our refusal to give the wifi code) they are done repairing the Dishwasher and they would consider this job complete!

IV. HELP! What are we supposed to do? 7 visits and the GE Dishwasher is still not working. The GE I knew would “Bring Good Things to Life!”

Get buying tips about Dishwashers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 7, 2022

My spouse and I purchased a GE Dry Boost Front Control 24-in Built-In Dishwasher (Stainless Steel) ENERGY STAR 50-Decibel 2 years ago. Recently, an internal small plastic piece broke that holds the funnel in place on the outside of the machine. The funnel allows water to drain from the hose to the inside of the dishwasher. This piece is about .1 millimeter wide and it holds a funnel in place that directs 30 + gallons of water to inside the dishwasher. The funnel came detached because the internal plastic piece broke. Water leaked behind the dishwasher and under my hardwood floors. This malfunction caused $8000+ worth of damage. I would not recommend a GE dishwasher because the parts a made cheaply and will break over time.

Original review: April 11, 2022

My brand new GE dishwasher was delivered on February 17th. That next day I ran the dishwasher and it leaks water all over the floor. I immediately contacted Lowe's that's who I bought the dishwasher from and they referred me to GE customer service since it was brand new and still under warranty. That's when the nightmare began. After contacting GE customer service I got the runaround. I was promised call backs. I was told this and told that. Anyway a month later I'm still calling GE's customer service waiting on a part or waiting on the machine to be replaced and still getting the runaround. Whatever you do don't I repeat do not buy a GE dishwasher. Their customer service if you have any problems will let you down and cause you Untold frustration.

Original review: March 17, 2022

We bought a GE dishwasher July of last year. In December it started to shut off some off minutes into the cycle. FOUR months this piece of junk has not been working. Three times someone has been here to say " oh it should be working". They are sending someone out for a 4th time now. Should have already been replaced.

Original review: March 12, 2022

Have used GE dishwashers before - were good. However GE no longer makes them, it's just a name - now made by MABE (part of HAIER), Mexican with Chinese ownership, and this new one arrived with a factory fault - cracked tub which leaked immediately. "Cracked tub seam" and leak found immediately by service tech "GE"s site referred. Good news is the leak detector worked! Bad news - is we didn't install it right away (old one still worked and pandemic...) so it was a year before we got to it (was partly a gift). So - now MFR Mabe is giving us the run around and so far not doing anything about the faulty dishwasher they mfd and shipped through Home Depot. Don't be fooled as we were - "GE" is not actually GE anymore and the mfr HAIER/MABE are doing nothing to correct a factory mfg fault.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2021

Easy to use. Not stop computerize problem. Easy to install. Time and water consumes. I am very happy which product last longer and money saves. I recommend as best brand. White and black color are popular for new homes.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2021

I bought the dishwasher July 2020. I’ve had 9 service calls and multiple calls to GE and my dishwasher still doesn’t work correctly. It doesn’t wash or dry thoroughly. At one point it wouldn’t even turn on. They came and the wires melted together. It was installed by a professional. Now I’m worried it a fire hazard. I’ve had to leave work early each time. At times they have not shown up when they were supposed to or shown up when they are not supposed to. Every time you call you are on hold for at an hour. When you do get through they pass you on to someone else who doesn’t care or know what to do.

I've been told several times that should I get a new dishwasher after this many calls but I’m told by the service person that is not true. Also if the repair person deems it unrepairable can be replaced. The repair person said that’s not true. Now the it's out of warranty and they are trying to charge me for the service call. They offered to sell me a new dishwasher at a discounted price. Unbelievable! I’m at my wit's end and I’ve lost faith in GE

Original review: Aug. 11, 2021

I have been trying to get this dishwasher to work since April. I have had it serviced 2x and yesterday the board was replaced. Soon after the dishwasher started to say the same thing again. Press start and the cycle is paused and will start in 3-2-1. it does not start but repeats and beeps over and over. I have done everything in my power to get this rectified. It will run out of warranty in October and I haven't been able to use it. As a consumer I am demanding a usable product that I spent my hard earned money on. Here is the model CDT875P4N2W2. I will go to any lengths to get some attention in this matter and I hope Consumer Affairs can contact GE Corporate for me.

Dr. David ** Lewes Delaware

Original review: July 4, 2021

I bought a GE dishwasher that has a plastic tub. The tub smells. I asked GE to replace it, they won't because they say it operates correctly. I cannot imagine why any manufacturer would use a product in a dishwasher that STINKS. The plastic even has a warning for California consumers, that it's a cancer-causing substance. I'm glad I don't live in California, so it will never cause cancer here....

GE Washing Machines author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Since it’s founding as the Edison Electric Light Company in 1878, GE has been a household name in appliances. The company's innovation keeps it at the forefront of home design with smart products and integrated technologies.

• Compact built-ins available: Where most dishwashers are 24 inches, GE offers a more compact size, at only 18 inches, which is great for small kitchens and apartments.

• Front or top controls: Depending on your countertops, you might not be able to easily use top controls on a dishwasher, so having the option of top or front controls makes finding the right machine easier.

• Portable dishwashers: GE's portable options allow you to get a dishwasher that you can take with you if you move. Also, with these dishwashers you don’t need a plumber to install it.

• Under-sink installations: To keep storage loss to a minimum, GE manufactures dishwashers that you can install directly under a sink or a cooktop.

• Guided tour to GE dishwashers: Use easy-to-navigate website resources to learn the pros and cons of each style so you can choose the one that works best for you.

GE Dishwashers Company Information