Find a Dishwashers partner

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

About GE Dishwashers

GE appliances come with a traditional warranty, but the company also offers extended coverage with a Service Protection Advantage plan from Assurant, GE’s authorized provider of extended warranties. The plan covers parts and labor for appliance repairs for an extended period. Customers pick and choose which appliances or systems need to be covered.

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

GE Dishwashers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GE Dishwashers?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about GE Washing Machines?

Original review: Feb. 20, 2021

Purchased my GE Profile series dishwasher several years ago and it has served me well over countless cycles. There have been a couple of occasions that it required repairs (water leaking) but had been done so under warranty conducted by an actual GE tech. When this unit finally reaches its usable service life I’m most likely to consider a GE unit again.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2021

I recommend GE dishwasher to anyone that wants to purchase a dishwasher. This dishwasher is so convenient after a long day of working coming home not having to wash dishes is a luxury. I love the color, the size and simplicity of being able to use it. Don't let this brand pass you by. GE is the way to go anytime you want to purchase a dishwasher.

Get buying tips about Dishwashers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2021

My GE Profile Dishwasher is a "plain Jane" without the bells and whistles, yet is a trusted, working appliance. Honestly, the only beef I have with this model is that plastic articles do not dry completely unless placing the controls on "Heated Dry," and leaving the dishes in the dishwasher for the entire drying cycle. I have had my kids place some dishes in the dishwasher, caked in day old food. I left the plates in the dishwasher, hoping to teach my kids a lesson about rinsing off their dishes before placing them in. Imagine my surprise when after running the dishwasher through its normal cycle, the plates came out spotlessly clean! Impressive!

Original review: Feb. 15, 2021

GE models PDT750SSF1SS purchased for new home May 2014 has been an excellent unit. For price much quieter than expected and does a great job on a full load in the normal cycle. Builder had a kitchen design glitch due to protruding handle which required an installation modification. He planned for builders grade appliances that were flush front. The stainless interior and ease of cleaning screens etc. make this unit a delight to use.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2021

My dishwasher came with the home when we purchased it, and we did not see any good reason to replace it. It is a standard model, with a nice stainless steel interior. We have had no problems with it and plan to use it until it fails. I would like to have the upgrade model in a new home. This one does a good job washing the dishes.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2021

Easy to use. Not stop computerize problem. Easy to install. Time and water consumes. I am very happy which product last longer and money saves. I recommend as best brand. White and black color are popular for new homes.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2021

I bought the dishwasher July 2020. I’ve had 9 service calls and multiple calls to GE and my dishwasher still doesn’t work correctly. It doesn’t wash or dry thoroughly. At one point it wouldn’t even turn on. They came and the wires melted together. It was installed by a professional. Now I’m worried it a fire hazard. I’ve had to leave work early each time. At times they have not shown up when they were supposed to or shown up when they are not supposed to. Every time you call you are on hold for at an hour. When you do get through they pass you on to someone else who doesn’t care or know what to do.

I've been told several times that should I get a new dishwasher after this many calls but I’m told by the service person that is not true. Also if the repair person deems it unrepairable can be replaced. The repair person said that’s not true. Now the it's out of warranty and they are trying to charge me for the service call. They offered to sell me a new dishwasher at a discounted price. Unbelievable! I’m at my wit's end and I’ve lost faith in GE

Original review: Aug. 11, 2021

I have been trying to get this dishwasher to work since April. I have had it serviced 2x and yesterday the board was replaced. Soon after the dishwasher started to say the same thing again. Press start and the cycle is paused and will start in 3-2-1. it does not start but repeats and beeps over and over. I have done everything in my power to get this rectified. It will run out of warranty in October and I haven't been able to use it. As a consumer I am demanding a usable product that I spent my hard earned money on. Here is the model CDT875P4N2W2. I will go to any lengths to get some attention in this matter and I hope Consumer Affairs can contact GE Corporate for me.

Dr. David ** Lewes Delaware

Original review: July 4, 2021

I bought a GE dishwasher that has a plastic tub. The tub smells. I asked GE to replace it, they won't because they say it operates correctly. I cannot imagine why any manufacturer would use a product in a dishwasher that STINKS. The plastic even has a warning for California consumers, that it's a cancer-causing substance. I'm glad I don't live in California, so it will never cause cancer here....

Original review: June 22, 2021

We bought this dishwasher, with third rack and steel tub, after extensively reading reviews online. We went through Home Depot and had to wait a month for the dishwasher to be delivered. We have had it just over a month now and not only does it fail to get all of the dishes completely clean (even when run on heavy cycle) it NEVER dries even with the dry boost on. We never overload it or load it incorrectly and still there are dishes and utensils with food residue after it's done running which takes hours. I predict it will rust out in about five years (planned obsolescence). The only feature I'm happy with is that it is nearly silent. Not hearing it run helps to not remind me how much money we wasted.

GE Washing Machines author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Since it’s founding as the Edison Electric Light Company in 1878, GE has been a household name in appliances. The company's innovation keeps it at the forefront of home design with smart products and integrated technologies.

• Compact built-ins available: Where most dishwashers are 24 inches, GE offers a more compact size, at only 18 inches, which is great for small kitchens and apartments.

• Front or top controls: Depending on your countertops, you might not be able to easily use top controls on a dishwasher, so having the option of top or front controls makes finding the right machine easier.

• Portable dishwashers: GE's portable options allow you to get a dishwasher that you can take with you if you move. Also, with these dishwashers you don’t need a plumber to install it.

• Under-sink installations: To keep storage loss to a minimum, GE manufactures dishwashers that you can install directly under a sink or a cooktop.

• Guided tour to GE dishwashers: Use easy-to-navigate website resources to learn the pros and cons of each style so you can choose the one that works best for you.

GE Dishwashers Company Information