Protect what matters most

Protect yourself from the unexpected - Shop home warranty companies.

Protect my home
GE Dishwashers
3.84/5

GE Dishwashers

Protect what matters most

Protect yourself from the unexpected - Shop home warranty companies.

Protect my home

549 GE Dishwashers Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 16, 2019

GE continually shows us why they are failing as a company. In just this last year I have replaced a less than 5 year old GE microwave, three separates parts to my GE monogram refrigerator, and now this one and a half year old dishwasher. The only appliance that GE makes that hasn't broken is the stove/oven that is over 10 years old and shows no signs of weakening.

I purchased the upgraded stainless steel model that contained all the bells and whistles. It lasted 1 year and 3 months before the entire control panel stopped working. We utilized the dishwasher about once a week or once every two weeks in a two person household. Hardly a rough environment for a 700$ appliance. The repair costs was quoted for 99$ just to have GE look at it. The control panel was 140$, plus additional labor. This amounts to over 280$ to repair a year old product. I advise buying LG or Bosch.

Original review: April 24, 2019

Our GE Dishwasher is about 22 months old and is now not starting. GE's customer care is a joke. All they want to do is send a repair person with a $110 fee just to come and the person making the appointment refused to tell what the labor rate would apply once they got there. They offered zero help as far as troubleshooting. I called a local repairman and was told he has had many similar issues with newer GE Dishwashers. We are throwing parts at the problem now trying to get it running. He also said repair assistance or troubleshooting from GE is very poor. Really not pleased having a less than 2 yr old major appliance not working. GE means JUNK to me.

Get expert buying tips about Dishwashers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 22, 2019

Greetings fellow GE Appliances fans! I suppose you're all wondering why I gathered you here, so let me first say this wasn't Plan "A," which was to give GE Appliances a quiet and fair opportunity to set things right. After all it is Easter and we should all be grateful for second chances or, in GE's case, fifth chances. Now about halfway through the below some of you are going to wonder why I didn't switch to another brand sooner, but I've saved that answer for the end because, quite frankly, it's the absolute best part of the story. And since most stories have a hero I'll tell you why The Home Depot, where we purchased the GE dishwasher, is the hero of this tale.

On Feb 16, 2019 I purchased a new GE Dishwasher which was installed by GE. It subsequently overflowed causing approximately $18,000 in damage to the wood floors in our kitchen and our basement ceiling. GE's technician confirmed the cause was a defective factory drain pump and documented that GE was responsible for the damage. I was instructed to contact Sedgwick, their insurance claims administrator. We'll have more on that later.

On March 9 I received a 2nd GE dishwasher which also had the drain defect and subsequently overflowed and caused additional damage to our home. I hired an independent plumber who confirmed the installation and home plumbing were fine and that it was, in fact, a defect with the dishwasher. On March 15 I received a 3rd GE dishwasher, however it was damaged during shipment so GE was unable to install. On March 22 I received a 4th GE dishwasher which also had the drain defect, but we caught it in time to prevent another overflow.

On April 3 I received a 5th (yes, 5th) dishwasher which worked once (or so we thought) but as it turned out also had the drain defect. We caught it in time to prevent another overflow. We also had an independent plumber confirm (again) there were no issues with the installation or our home plumbing. This included disconnecting the dishwasher drain hose from the garbage disposal and pointing it into a bucket. The dishwasher simply would not drain.

At this point you're probably thinking how stupid it was for me to keep requesting replacements from GE and you would be correct...which brings me to my favorite part of the story. You see, even though GE refused to switch me to an entirely different GE model dishwasher line despite multiple requests, they promised to compensate us for our inconvenience which would take into account how long we went without a dishwasher (approaching two months now), how much work I missed (numerous vacation days) due to installation and repair appointments, and warned me that if I switched to another brand that their policy was to not compensate.

I can't tell you how much they repeatedly emphasized the compensation aspect, so when we finally received what we thought was a working dishwasher I called to request compensation. Their offer was (drum roll...) $25.00. I literally laughed out loud (LLOL'd). To be fair, after expressing some slight dissatisfaction with their offer, they raised it some but it's not worthy of an additional drum roll.

Fast forward to today (Apr 21, 2019) and we still have a defective GE dishwasher in our home and are still washing dishes by hand which, for a family of four, is no small daily task. GE was actually supposed to remove the dishwasher from our home yesterday, but arrived and said they couldn't because our replacement dishwasher (a Bosch...we gave up on GE) had not arrived. They already knew this before they came because: 1. We told them and; 2...wait for it...THEY were the ones supposed to deliver and install it. We've been courteous, patient, and have done everything GE asked, but have been treated very poorly in return. I will say that most, but definitely not everyone I spoke with at GE Appliances, was polite however none of them seemed to be empowered to truly help us.

As for Sedgwick (GE's insurance claims administrator): we're still waiting for them to pay for the approximately $18,000 in damage to our home. Our wood floors are turning black and there's now a musty smell in our finished basement. It's been approximately 52 days and I'm starting to doubt they're ever going to pay for the damage to our family's home.

I'm sure some of you will say you've had GE products for years with no problems, so let me say that I'm genuinely happy for you. We were, and somewhat reluctantly still are, a GE family. The last three custom homes we've built, including our current home, all had GE appliances by choice. But in the last five years we've had the original dishwasher in our brand new home break in just three years (heating element) which is what started this replacement debacle, the fan motor on our brand new refrigerator break in just four years costing us several hundred dollars in groceries and a $200 repair bill (and it's starting to make the same loud noise again so may fail again soon), and a glass defect in the microwave within two years of purchase.

As for the hero of this story, The Home Depot, I simply can't say enough good things about the store and their management team. Even though this was not their fault they apologized, agreed to switch us to another dishwasher brand, and paid the difference in price (even though we volunteered to pay the difference ourselves). They made it clear we were valued and said "you are our customer and we are going to help you."

GE must have known The Home Depot would do this, because GE is the one who told us to call and suggested The Home Depot might do "something" for us...something GE apparently wasn't willing to do themselves. For now it seems that GE Appliances not only mistreated our family, but The Home Depot as well. I'm not suggesting that you should or should not buy GE appliances, but IF you do and IF it's defective and IF it damages your home then buckle up. It may be a long, painful, and stressful ride with no end in sight.

Original review: April 17, 2019

The dishwasher malfunctioned and flooded our home. The dishwasher continued to run even with the door open and the display showing “leak detected”. We had started it before we left the house and it had been running for about 20 minutes when we left. When we came home hours later, hot water was still being produced by the dishwasher and had flooded our kitchen and basement. We could not stop the dishwasher with buttons at that point and had turn off electrical and water supply to it. The absolute worst part is they will not replace or refund it even though it’s less than six months old. They are only offering to service it and expect me to continue using it.

Original review: March 16, 2019

Have a six-year-old GE Tall Tub "Café" dishwasher (model#GHDT168V00SS) I purchased at Home Depot in Denver. Also purchased a 5 Year Extended Warranty that I assumed was through GE's Extended Warranty Opportunity. The dishwasher suddenly began leaking and ruined our hardwood floors (I know, wood floors in kitchen not good; tell that to the builder). I called GE's customer care number and basically talked to a scripted robot. "You don't have a warranty through GE, it's a third-part insurer such as Assurant," I was told.

Not worth repairing, and the warranty expired a few months ago. I know parts wear out, but for heaven's sake, can't they build a dishwasher that doesn't leak from the bottom, underneath the unit, where water will seep unbeknownst to people, eventually destroying the floor? Guess not. So, no more GE appliances EVER. PERIOD! Switched to Samsung, LG and Maytag. Now, gotta spend a couple grand ($2K+) to repair the hardwood floor.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GE Washing Machines?

Original review: March 7, 2019

I purchased this dishwasher in Sept 2017. Today after normal use, the motor stopped and it leaked a full load of water into my basement. I called GE service and got no satisfaction. "It's out of warranty after 12 months". I then called their "customer care" department who really don't care very much. They wanted a GE tech to look at the dishwasher for a fee of $109. Then they offered 50% discount on parts. In the past, GE was always a reliable brand but no longer. Stay away from their dishwashers and every other appliance they make. It is not the GE of old. I just purchased a KitchenAid dishwasher and hopefully, that will work better.

Original review: March 4, 2019

Super sad about the performance of this dishwasher. This is the second leak in a year. The first time my husband fixed with new GE pump because we wanted the dishwasher up and running and the scheduled repair time was out more than a week. We were also told there would be no reimbursement to the damage to the brand new floor that was damaged. This time I REFUSE to have him fix the dishwasher even though once again the repair time is out more than a week. The cost of this dishwasher should warrant a functioning product.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

So I was forewarned by my family of nightmare experiences they had with GE appliances over the course of the last 50 years of our family. I just bought a home with 2 GE dishwashers that are both under 5 years old, and both are malfunctioning terribly. The one has leaked from the bottom and created severe water damage, and the other will not drain. Just an affirmation of the bad experiences my family has had in the past. Cheaply made, and often the go to appliances installed in manufactured and new homes. Had a service technician come out after speaking with GE on the phone and they assured me it was cost free. After the technician came out and told me I was being billed $105 for the call, and it would cost an additional $255 to fix the washing machine. The tech was not very friendly or helpful, and his only concern was collecting the bill. Avoid these products!

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

We purchased the GE Cafe series appliances back in mid-2016 (dishwasher, dual oven gas range and microwave). Over that time period we have had at least 10 repair claims. The dishwasher front door and seal have been replaced three times, has ruined my wood floors and baseboards. The gas range has had multiple issues, including broken lights, broken fan, and a manufacturer's defect in the lower oven igniter which took our reseller and third-party warranty company three weeks to repair. The microwave oven had a plastic cover just break off one day - wasn't touched before - it just cracked off!

Fortunately we purchased the units through Home Depot and purchased their extended warranty program. Unfortunately the warranty company doesn't replace units and won't include claims during the manufacturer's 1-year warranty period in their lemon law policy. I've repeatedly tried getting touch with the manufacturer, but they appear to be staying high-and-dry away from consumer grievances.

GE doesn't stand behind their products. I don't think their resellers give a rip either. My advice - stay away from GE. If you're in the market for something I'd look at LG. I have a refrigerator, washer and dryer from LG and have had zero issues in nearly 10 years of service. I have no idea if their reliability covers dishwashers, but I'd certainly take a look.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

I purchased 9k total for all GE appliances, their dishwashers are flat junk, the bright side is I made a friend with their repairman ha aha ah true story!!! Don't buy, lot of other better choices and lots more reliable. P.S. Customer support terrible.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

Purchased a GE profile dishwasher two years ago. It stopped draining. After 4 service calls and $400 we had to buy a new dishwasher. Basically I threw $1000 down the drain. My recommendation is do not buy a GE dishwasher!!!

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

Purchased an entire kitchen suite of GE appliances. Almost instantly the fridge started making loud noises which the repairman told me was "normal". LOUD AND OBNOXIOUS. I wear earplugs in my house to avoid the noise! Secondly, the dishwasher started leaking and the warranty company is refusing to honor the warranty so I've been hand washing dishes since August! They also refuse to refund the extended warranty fee. Currently filing a protest with consumer fraud. STAY AWAY FROM GE, isn't that a shame! THEIR PRODUCTS ARE JUNK!

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

The dishwasher is new and looks great. However the dishes are not getting clean. After washing with a 200+ minute wash cycle utensils are still dirty and food particles are left on plates and bowls. This is occurring even with a good rinse prior to placing them into the dishwasher. I clean out the food particles filter after every two loads, makes no difference. Also the water bottle jets are a nice idea but water bottles are too tall to fit even with the third rack removed. I am very displeased with my purchase. This was not an inexpensive model.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

We purchased this GE dishwasher in October of 2017 when we built our house. Over the past few months we noticed our hardwood floors looking like they were rolling. This week we noticed a small amount of water seeping from under the cabinet. We pulled the dishwasher out and saw a very slow leak from a part of the dishwasher. Called GE and was told it was no longer under warranty. Explained leak has had to have been going on for months so should fall under warranty. Was told because we didn’t notice probably would not be. Sending tech which I will have to pay for to see if he can tell how long been leaking. More to come after visit. So far not happy.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

I needed to save money. Lesson learned. This GE dishwasher has been serviced a couple of times in 6 years but the handle came off after about a year and a half. Guess what? The only way to get it back on is a service call. I've been gluing and taping it back on for years. I know it just looks terrible but who can afford a $150 service call for the handle? Not us. I was a KitchenAid loyalist and I'm going back. And once you find a service company you like, stick with them. These reviews with stories of horrible service departments and rude service calls are the WORST. There are good, honest, skilled workmen out there. Find them.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

Bought a GE dishwasher that a service bulletin was generated by GE on a fault in their manufacturing. DD03-16 for reference. The door does not stay shut and continues to open. GE customer service suggested replacing hinges and brackets on the door. So I ordered the parts and changed them. It did not work. I called them back and they suggested purchasing and replacing additional parts. I called a local 3rd party and they provided the service bulletin and said that this is a problem in the design of these models. GE will not repair the problem.

The cost has been shifted to me or they suggest buying a new dishwasher for only $150 over retail. They are hiding behind a warranty that expired, but the problem started at time zero when it was made. This is garbage and I have been without a working unit and continuing to argue with them over the repair or replacement cost. Call if you have this problem because they have identified it and have a solution that they will not tell you about.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

Updated on 12/30/2018: Again had GE up, said it was not the pump as they stated. Hired a plumber as they requested, pipe not blocked. Changed connections and now the machine has no power. Again have to call for repair. I am sure they will have to order a part or tell me to call an electrician. I am so done. Please beware. Do not buy. Still not been able to use my dishwasher going on 4 weeks and brand new.

Original Review: Purchased from Home Depot. I have had it for only one month used 4 times. The water did not drain. Called GE Repair. Guy came down, couldn’t figure out what was going on, said it must be the pump or it could be blocked. He went downstairs, could not find the pipe. Been there since 69...said he is going to order part. Waited 1 week. Then he calls me an hour before he was to be here. Mind you I took off work to be there. He said, “Did you have plumber to come in to see if there is a blockage and he needs to show you where the connection is?” Are you kidding me. I told him I am handicapped and having company for Christmas and I need it. He said he can’t come until I hire a plumber as he can’t find the dishwasher connections. Are you kidding?

I said, “Can you come and install the pump and if it doesn’t drain then I will call the plumber.” He said no as he can’t find the connection...I am going to put 150 to have a plumber come when I know it’s the pump not a blockage to have the plumber show me where the dishwasher is connected because the idiot can’t figure it out. I said I need it for Christmas. Nobody working until next Wednesday. Do not get a GE. Poor customer service and to break down a few weeks after purchasing is unacceptable. I had A Bosch for 6 years, never a problem. Plus the lower rack tracks already fell apart. I live by myself and does not get much use. I read the reviews and should have known. The only reason I purchased I needed the bisque color. BUYER BEWARE.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

I purchased this dishwasher on April 2018 and from the beginning was not working well. I called a technician about 2 months ago, came with the computer and told me it is working fine, but my dishes are never well cleaned. Anyway on Nov 27, 2018 the water started coming out from my tiles and I didn't understand why? I kept drying and it kept dripping. I was so worried and called a handyman. He told me it is the dishwasher dripping water. All my cabinets, my tiles are wet inside.

I have called and report it and today a technician was coming to repair it (which I will not accept.) I want a peace of mind. I need a new working dishwasher. Today, the technician was supposed to call me before arriving and I was 5 minutes away and left. Now, your customer service reps are telling me to wait till Tuesday. I am having guests and my house is a mess, I have the dishwasher in the middle of my kitchen, everything is stinking to humidity and all happens because of this BAD PRODUCT. I want this trash to be exchange as soon as possible.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

We renovated our kitchen with all new GE Profile appliances in 2017 before moving into our new house in 2018. Nov 1, 2018 our GE Profile stopped working and showed a leak message. We called GE who referred us to A&E Factory Service. The repairman arrived Nov 6 and proceeded to not be able to pulled the dishwasher out and tell me the list of things he won't do because of policy. Without inspecting the dishwasher but looking at his computer with the list of things that could be wrong, he said he ordered two parts and would return on Nov 23.

Nov 23 came and no repairman. Calls were placed to GE Parts and Service who expressed their disappointment over the no show then proceeded to say that parts would not arrive before Nov 30 and that one of the parts was on back order. Once the parts came then another repair appt could be made. I will have been without a dishwasher for over a month with no alternative recourse. Service response and A&E Factory Service is less than poor.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

Bought brand new GE Profile DW PDT845SSJSS as part of four appliance package to be installed as part of kitchen renovation. Bought in April 2018, renovation delayed until August 2018, install of appliances October 2018, installer by contractor plumber- excellent seasoned experienced installer. Never used DW until moving things into new kitchen. Washed dishes off in DW before placing in cabinets. After 3rd cycle- DW stopped working stating leak detected - contact GE.

Are you kidding me? Brand new appliance! We had original installer come out- no leak- no visible water- we went to placed we purchased DW from - local place - Ray’s Appliances- asked for replacement DW. Was told we would have to pay for installation of 2nd DW at 225 charge. Are you kidding me? GE guy came out and did something to DW to fix it but said problem could return... Serious??? Well -DW worked for a few cycles- now displays leak detected again! Called GE and coming out 12/2. Ridiculous- I want a NEW DW with free installation! I’m paying @971 bucks for something that didn’t work from the outset!!!

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

GE factory services uses rude, discriminatory, evasive, procrastinating and unethical business practices to limit customers from claiming warranty. We have a non functioning dishwasher which is under warranty. This came as part of the appliance package given to us by the builder (Hallmark Homes) when we bought the house in December 2017. When we contacted GE customer service to let them know that the dishwasher wont work, they gave us a date after 2 weeks for sending their service professional. After 2 weeks, their service professional came in and behaved in an extremely rude and racist manner shouting at the top of his voice for the inconvenience caused to him for coming to repair the appliance.

After connecting his computer to the appliance, he said it was fixed and left without even checking if the appliance was working correctly. Even after repeated requests to check the functioning of the device before leaving, he threatened to be physically violent if we still pestered him to stay. After he left, we realized that the dishwasher wasn't fixed when we ran a wash cycle. We again contacted the customer service to let them know that the issue isn't fixed and requested them to expedite things to get it fixed.

They said that we will get the next date for a service appointment again after two weeks and there is nothing they could do. After living the nightmare of washing dishes for more than a month, the same service professional came in again and repeating his similar rude, racist, unethical and threatening behavior left without fixing the issue. He said that GE appliance is not owned by GE anymore and hence nobody cared about what happens to the customers. He again passed the buck to the customer service and said I needed to take up this issue with them. In this whole back and fort, we are left devastated without having our dishwasher and living the nightmare for more than a month.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

We purchased several new GE appliances in August of 2016 as part of a kitchen renovation. We bought the GE Cafe series dishwasher CDT865SSJOSS. Within two weeks of use, the display stopped working. It took 3 weeks to get a technician out to fix display. Approximately 6 months later, we noticed the dishes were not as clean. Two months later the water stopped draining. Called a technician in, he diagnosed a broken pump. Parts would take 3 weeks and he would be out a week later. We are now over a month without a working dishwasher. He “fixes” the pump but says it isn’t draining great because your hose from your disposal is plugged (this hose drains to the same place as the dishwasher).

Hire a guy to unplug the drain ($140). It isn’t plugged. The whole house is clear. Have to Shopvac out the stagnant water from the dishwasher that smells like a corpse. Call our plumber to check the lines ($500). He discovers that the technician pushed in the washer and busted a line. We now have water damage through our floor and into a bedroom below. He confirms that the plumbing is all clear and also finds that the technician never reattached the pan to the bottom so water was hitting the sensor and activating the shut off for a leak.

Plumber fixes plumbing wrecked by technician, dries the sensor and attaches the pan. He advises that we run several cycles to flush out the stagnant water. If water still is not draining after several cycles, he advised that the new pump was faulty. Plumber leaves. We get 10 minutes into a cycle and the dishwasher stops for a leak again. I called GE hoping they would stand behind their product that we have now had for 2 years and have used less than a year. GE does not stand behind their products. The only thing they will do is send out a technician that you have to pay $100 for and they can’t guarantee that you won’t get the same technician who has come out 3 times and cost us more money due to his negligence. In May, we will be putting their terrible product out on our curb for city wide garbage collection. You no longer get what you pay for with GE. Do not buy their products!

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

We bought a new GE dishwasher Model # GDT655SGJ4WW. Did not work right out of the box, had service guy come and control board was bad! Really brand new dishwasher, 2 weeks to get that fixed, now the soap dispenser door won't stay closed, order part, what's next? Contacted GE about it, waste of time, no quality control and they don't stand behind their product! Stay away from GE, last appliance for me!!!

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

Bought a PDT845SSJ2SS in June. Two months later, it has a leak. Good news, has a leak detector which shuts down the machine. Bad news is that it leaks and the leak detector worked! Called GE. "We don't have an authorized service technician in your area. We will get back to you within 3-5 days." Three days later, after I had raised rain with my appliance dealer, he arranged for a local dealer to come look at the machine. Scheduled that appointment - it was Friday, and "We only come to your area on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Next Tuesday is booked, so we will try for Friday." Then, someone from an organization called Platinum Services calls and says GE has assigned the ticket to them. She's going to try to schedule a diagnostic appointment in the next 7-10 BUSINESS days. Told her to forget it (found out she was calling from Lowe's and had to find a technician before she could schedule.) End of week 1.

Following week, someone else from GE calls and asks if I was cancelling my service request. In the course of the conversation, she asks to confirm the model GE RANGE that I have. Kinda lost it on her... On Thursday serviceman from local dealer comes. Turns on the dishwasher - it leaks exactly where I had said it would. Need to order a part and GE will not expedite. End of week 2. Next week - crickets. Nothing, Nada, mushroom mode (in the dark and being fed BS). Called my appliance dealer today and told him to come pick up the dishwasher - says he cannot do that.

I explained, “I will forfeit the money I paid - I don't want a dishwasher that leaks in the first two months of use.” He tell me GE "released" the part yesterday...whatever THAT means and he HOPES repairman will come next Tuesday to repair. So, I have had a new GE dishwasher for 3 months and it has only worked for 2. Be aware! I assume partial responsibility for this goat rope - I faithfully refer to Consumer Reports when purchasing appliances and electronics. I suggest you do the same... you will find GE listed AFTER BOSCH, KITCHENAID, KENMORE and others. Also, realize the GE brand is now a CHINESE company. Caveat Emptor!

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

The model we have is a PDT760SSFOSS. I like the features this machine provides and it does a great job of cleaning WHEN IT WORKS. Hence that is the problem. I have owned it 4 years and I have fixed it 3 times. It is now broken (a 4th time). GE isn't very helpful and their parts are grossly overpriced when comparing a similar part with other brands. My conclusion about GE is stay away! I am hoping to find here a review of the absolute best DW.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

Just purchased a home with GE Appliances. Dishwasher suddenly won't start and showing "1H" code. Nothing in the user manual that explains what this means. Called customer support. After they requested unnecessary personal information (like email address, physical address, etc.), I was finally able to ask what this code meant. She went straight to, "We are unable to provide that information over the phone. We have to send one of our service technicians out to your home." She refused to tell me what the code meant, and instantly wanted to charge me for tech visit. I hung up. Then I googled it, and found out right away that it meant the start was paused/delayed for 1 hour. I had hit the delay button by mistake. This was not specified in the manual under "Delay Start", nor was customer support trained or willing to provide the answer to such a simple question. GE Support is just a Scam.

Original review: June 27, 2018

Their service department is absolutely terrible. The motherboard went out after only 8 months of use. They never notified the appliance repair company that the part was back ordered (I had to follow-up on that) and every step of the way I kept being told "someone will follow-up in 2-3 business days". No one ever followed up with me, I had to call to check on the status of my claim EVERY time. The request for a replacement dishwasher after two weeks was denied because the part was going to be available in another week, but then I wouldn't receive the part for a minimum of another week after that. When I asked to speak to a superior she refused and told me no one was available. After demanding to speak to one I was told they would contact me in ANOTHER 2-3 business days (we'll see if that ever happens). This is (still going on) an absolutely awful service experience. I don't care that the dishwasher broke, I care that they've handled it so poorly.

Original review: June 26, 2018

Model GDF520PSJ0SS. After the first year of ownership the plastic on the bottom rack began to melt where the pots and pans touched the prongs. Then the exposed metal underneath began to corrode. Now after owning it 18 months, several prongs have broken off. This is now beginning to happen on the top rack as well. I ordered a replacement bottom rack for a little over $100. Interestingly, it was on backorder, but did not have a recall. I registered a complaint, but all they said was to call back when I needed to replace the top rack, and they’d see about giving me a discount.

Original review: June 16, 2018

I have had two service calls on this dishwasher (Model Number GDT65SMJ0ES) and it is 18 months old. The first was to replace the heating element, which was under warranty. The recent problem was a cut-off switch that will trip when needed. The technician hooked up his computer to turn it back on, a very quick procedure, and it cost us almost $100. This unit should have a trip switch like a vacuum or garbage disposal so that the owner can do it themselves. After that, if the dishwasher still doesn't work, then a call for repair could be made. By the way, the repairman was very nice and respectful to us.

Original review: April 25, 2018

GE Profile dishwasher - model # PWD8280N00SS - Appears that moisture got between the exterior panel and door that houses that main board. Because of the moisture caused a short that melted the main board, with harness and the ribbon from the on/off panel that connects into the main board. Luckily I was home at the time or this could have caused a significant fire damage in my kitchen.

GE Washing Machines expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Since it’s founding as the Edison Electric Light Company in 1878, GE has been a household name in appliances. The company's innovation keeps it at the forefront of home design with smart products and integrated technologies.

• Compact built-ins available: Where most dishwashers are 24 inches, GE offers a more compact size, at only 18 inches, which is great for small kitchens and apartments.

• Front or top controls: Depending on your countertops, you might not be able to easily use top controls on a dishwasher, so having the option of top or front controls makes finding the right machine easier.

• Portable dishwashers: GE's portable options allow you to get a dishwasher that you can take with you if you move. Also, with these dishwashers you don’t need a plumber to install it.

• Under-sink installations: To keep storage loss to a minimum, GE manufactures dishwashers that you can install directly under a sink or a cooktop.

• Guided tour to GE dishwashers: Use easy-to-navigate website resources to learn the pros and cons of each style so you can choose the one that works best for you.

• Best for: Apartment renters, homeowners and families