Find the Best Walk-in Tubs in Pittsburgh, PA
Top 9 Pittsburgh Walk-in Bathtub Companies
|Safe Step Walk-in Tubs||Read 1,757 Reviews|
$1500 off your purchase of a new Walk-in Tub **Partner terms and conditions apply.
Sells walk-in tubs and showers. Offers anti-slip flooring, anti-scald technology and waterproof remote. Tubs have contoured, heated seats and backrests. Built-in towel bar. Made in the U.S.
|American Standard Walk-in Baths||Read 1,120 Reviews|
NO INTEREST & NO PAYMENTS FOR 12 MONTHS**Partner terms and conditions apply.
Sells walk-in air baths, deep soaking tubs, walk-in whirlpool tubs and combo massage tubs. Tubs have built-in grab bars, two-minute drain times, shower wands and slip-resistant textured floor.
|Kohler Walk-In Bath||Read 351 Reviews|
$1,000 Off Your KOHLER Walk-In Bath + Receive a FREE KOHLER Bidet Toilet Seat with your purchase**Partner terms and conditions apply.
Offers walk-in tubs with three-inch step-in. Tubs have interior and exterior handles, hydrotherapy, air jets, fast-drain technology, heated surfaces and custom finishes. Designed and assembled in the U.S.
|BOCA Walk-in Tubs||Read 166 Reviews|
Sells walk-in tubs with 2-inch step-up. Anti-slip flooring and seating, ADA-compliant seat height and self-cleaning designs. Up to 18 air jets and 10 water jets. Bidet option. Quick drain. Left- and right-hand entry options.
|Cain's Mobility Pittsburgh||Read Author Review|
Provides walk-in bathtubs with safety and accessibility features like low walk-in thresholds. Lets customers match their tub color and style to their interior decorations. Employs trained technicians to complete installations.
|Freedom Bath USA||Read Author Review|
Sells walk-in tubs, barrier-free showers and accessible baths. Provides extensive customization and safety options for its chip-, crack- and peel-resistant tubs. Gives free estimates.
|Home Smart Industries Pittsburgh||Read Author Review|
Certified Kohler dealer and bathtub specialist. Sells walk-in tubs with extra-wide, easy-close doors. Offers bathtubs backed by manufacturer warranties. Installs tubs. Provides free quotes online.
|Legacy Remodeling||Read Author Review|
Stocks walk-in tubs with various styles and options. Offers standard and hydrotherapy bathtubs. Uses durable coatings and base materials. Provides financing and free online quotes.
|The Bath Builders||Read Author Review|
Offers durable, low-maintenance walk-in tubs. Provides a 50-year labor warranty and lifetime manufacturer guarantee. Employs experienced technicians versed in multiple tub brands.
Areas around Pittsburgh like Mount Lebanon and Sewickley have large senior populations, and according to U.S. Census Bureau, more than 14% of Pittsburgh residents are 65 and older. One in three seniors falls every year, and 80% of those falls occur in the bathroom. Pittsburgh also has more residents with a disability than the national average. Seniors and people with disabilities benefit enormously from owning a walk-in tub. These fixtures not only prevent falls but also offer relaxation, comfort and independence.
Cost of a walk-in tub in Pittsburgh
Finding the right walk-in tub can be difficult, especially if you’re shopping on a budget. As the number of tub features on your bathtub increases, so does the price.
- Soaker walk-in tubs have a seat, low-entry step-up and leak-proof door. They typically cost between $1,500 and $5,000.
- Hydrotherapy tubs have water jets that help users relax and provide a gentle massage. These tubs are generally priced between $5,000 and $7,000.
- Combination tubs have water and air jets and cost $7,000 to $10,000.
Pittsburgh walk-in bathtub quotes usually include the installation price. If it doesn't, expect to pay an average of $1,000 for a standard installation. However, expect to pay considerably more if you have a more complicated installation:
- Plumbing upgrades that allow tubs to fill and drain faster cost between $350 to $1,800, depending on the job’s complexity.
- While most walk-in tubs have a low-entry threshold of 4 to 6 inches, some people still need help entering their tub. For greater accessibility, professionals can install ceiling lifts for around $3,000 and curbless showers for about $6,000.
- Hydrotherapy tubs with electric motors also need an electrician for installation. Electrician service charges an average of $65 to $85 per hour when paid separately, but companies sometimes include these charges in the tub quote.
Many companies offer specials and financing options that help make walk-in tubs in Pittsburgh more affordable. Also, the Pennsylvania Assistive Technology Foundation provides 0% interest loans or grants for qualifying elderly homeowners earning twice the federal poverty line or less.
Walk-in tubs may seem pricey, but when assisted living arrangements that cost an average of $3,450 per month are the alternative, walk-in tubs are worth the investment.
Licensing and permits required in Pittsburgh, PA
Installing a walk-in bathtub in Pittsburgh can require several permits, depending on the type of work needed. Some possible permits needed include building, mechanical and electrical permits. Pittsburgh permitting fees vary based on the scope of work needed and have a minimum cost of $100 for every residential permit. Before any work, ask your installer if the company handles the permits or if you need to request your own.
Pittsburgh walk-in tub FAQ
- Are walk-in tubs covered by Medicare?
- No, but walk-in tubs may be tax deductible. Also, many companies offer discounts and financing.
- What’s a typical warranty for walk-in tubs in Pennsylvania?
- Walk-in tub warranties in Pennsylvania range from 10 years to the lifetime of the tub, while components may have a two-year to a lifetime warranty. Speak with a representative of the walk-in tub company you choose for more information.
- Are walk-in tubs tax-deductible?
- A walk-in tub may qualify for a tax deduction if you purchase it for medical safety reasons. You would need to have a prescription for a walk-in tub from your doctor and supporting documentation of an existing medical condition.
Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter!
Pittsburgh walk-in tub company information
Freedom Bath USA tubs come with customizable accessories, safety features and built-in antimicrobial technology for quick cleaning. A disabled veteran owns and operates the company and matches discounts with a donation in your name to one of the charities supported by the company.
- Address: 3350 Millers Run Road, Cecil, PA 15321
- Phone: (724) 980-0056
- Hours: M - F: 9am - 5pm; Sat: 10am - 4pm
- Website: pittsburghbathremodel.com/bathtub-remodel-pittsburgh/walk-in-tubs
Legacy Remodeling sells affordable walk-in tubs that increase users’ safety while bathing. Customers can choose from a myriad of models and add-ons for a perfect fit. Those looking for a full-bath remodel along with their new tub can also use Legacy’s online project visualizer to see a model of their finished bathroom.
- Address: 3090 W. Liberty Ave., Pittsburgh, PA 15216
- Phone: (412) 329-6614
- Hours: M - F: 9am - 5pm; Sat: 10am - 2pm
- Website: legacyremodeling.com/bathroom-remodeling/walk-in-tubs
Cain’s Mobility gives Pittsburgh seniors the opportunity to age in place with its custom-made walk-in tubs. All its tubs have leak-proof doors and low thresholds for easy access. Its tubs also have other features like nonslip floors, grip bars and comfortable seating to make it safer for seniors to bathe themselves.
- Address: 405 Freeport Road, Pittsburgh, PA 1500100
- Phone: (234) 203-0202
- Hours: M - Sat: 7am - 7pm
- Website: pennsylvania.cainsmobility.com/walk-in-bathtubs/pittsburgh
Home Smart Industries has won a Big50 award from Remodeling Magazine and a Service Excellence award from Guildmaster. Its tubs’ hydrotherapy and safety elements make them a popular choice for seniors in Pittsburgh. Other tub features include a low safe-step entry and heated back, neck and shoulder surfaces.
- Address: Serves Pittsburgh residents
- Phone: (855) 696-4000
- Hours: M - Sun: 8:30am - 8pm
- Website: homesmartind.com/walk-in-tubs/walk-in-tubs-pittsburgh
The Bath Builders engineers its walk-in tubs for beauty, reliability and safety. It also works within customers’ budgets to find the right tub for their needs. The company's large color and pattern selection means its bathtubs match any bathroom, while its non-slip surfaces and low thresholds significantly reduce fall risks.
- Address: Serves Pittsburgh residents
- Phone: (330) 754-1437
- Hours: Call for hours
- Website: thebathbuilders.com/pittsburgh/walk-in-tubs
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.