Avanti Refrigerators

Research top Refrigerators recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Record a review about your experience with Avanti Refrigerators:

Login to record a Video Review

Consumer Reviews & Complaints

My apartment-sized (23" wide, 59" high) Avanti fridge has just ended its life cycle. I had it for 6.5 years. In researching the new one, I spoke to the customer service of another brand with some questions. I asked about how long their apt-sized models last; she said about 3-7 years. So, if that's what is expected for models this size, then the Avanti one I had did pretty well.

It is a very reliable fridge. I like it because whenever I needed to adjust the temperature it was straightforward and easy. The shelves and drawers could have been more thoughtfully designed. Sometimes it was hard to fit in food in convenient way. It was annoying because I'm a very organized person. It was pretty cheap looking. And the bad storage made the presentation underwhelming. It's aesthetics are it's major downfall, but it worked great regardless. The size is ok. Spacing is weird, but it still held everything I needed it to. It didn't look blocky in the room. It may be slightly unattractive, but it's been running well for a long time. I love how easy it is to adjust the temp. which is something I've always hated about other fridges.

It keeps temperature great. When I had a black out food was cold for 12 hours. Great product. Lots of space for your produce, juices and milks. If you have children it's nice because you have a variety of cold drinks and snack for them. Very streamlined. I have the bottom freezer with two doors on top. Makes for easy storing and access to the things you need. Came in a variety of colors to choose from to match your decor. I find the size very appropriate to my needs. I can store 3 gallons of liquid on the doors as well as a variety of other goods. The value I was not expecting. I thought the price was very reasonable for the appliance that I got. It's very durable, keeps temperatures nice and cold so your items and produce stay crisp.

It does a good job of keeping my frozen foods nice and cold. It has plenty of room inside for all of my grocery needs. It seems to be fairly energy efficient and I have had no issues with it so far. The inside is well designed and it is well lit. It looks pretty good. The color options that were available made it easy enough to find one that fit in well with the way that my kitchen is designed. I like how it is sleek and clean looking. The inside has a lot of room and is well organized making it easy to find a place for everything and I never worry about cross contamination. I would say that for the price I paid it is a very good value. I have never had any issues with it. It runs very well, keeps my food cold and seems to be fairly energy efficient.

I bought and changed the filter often for the water part of it, and other than that it ran great, not loud, no issues. It was all black, had a pull out freezer at the bottom, doors opened and closed with no squeaks! When you opened it had three doors to open for produce, meat, etc. Basic normal fridge! Great quality honestly. The value of this fridge was amazing. It was honestly the perfect fridge for me and my family. Ran perfectly with no issues. Should continue on strong for the next few years it seems like.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Avanti Refrigerators?

I have a household of 4 and this fridge is perfect with a lot of room to store food and able to control the temperature on it. I love how it has easy access and a bright light when our fridge is open. Beautiful fridge and definitely modern to make your kitchen unique. The handles on opening the fridge are big and easy to pull out. Shelves inside the fridge are nice, glass looking. Sort of big but that's what I love about it. You can see everything of what's in the fridge because how much space it has. The value looks expensive but bought it for a good price. I bought my fridge at Sears because it just stood out from all the rest. Reading the value of it has caught my eye just because it was perfect in what I needed.

I’ve tried other brands of refrigerators before and this one has been by far the best I’ve ever tried. It has been by far the best refrigerator I have ever owned in my life. Well, it does come in a variety of options like stainless steel, black, white and various other colors. I myself have a stainless steel one. I love the size. It’s a medium size refrigerator. I think it is a very valuable refrigerator... Extremely reliable... It’s good value for the price you pay.

I am very happy with the performance of this refrigerator. This is my first experience of this brand and I am quite satisfied. It keeps food very cold and looks good too. If you purchase this brand you will not be disappointed with your purchase. I love the appearance of my new refrigerator. It's one of the reasons I chose this type. I am pleased and happy. I get many compliments on my new refrigerator. That makes me feel good. I am pleased and happy with the size of my refrigerator. It fits perfectly. For me I couldn't have made a better choice. It all depends on the size you need. For my kitchen it is the perfect choice. I would highly recommend choosing this type of refrigerator. It is of high value. The color, size, performance, pride and price makes this a high value choice.

Awesome automatic ice machine. Had very cold water and easy to adjust temperature for both the freezer and refrigerator section. Nightlight included that automatically shuts off. Was incredibly easy for my children to operate, but I could also lock all controls for when they decided to just play with it. It is solid black with light textured pattern you can feel and just a hint of shine. Inside is glass, which I didn't like and is white but was very easy to clean. Hated size of both freezer and refrigerator section. Shelving Is actually non adjustable which makes me very dissatisfied and surprised. Price of the side by side fridge was very inexpensive and very affordable which was the main reason for the purchase of the refrigerator.

Arrived really well packaged, and in pristine condition. Works Well. Good Door seal. It's worth noting that mine arrived with 4 door shelves that covered the width of the door and not the small shelves pictured. All of the shelves are removable and the third shelf down has a slightly lower repositioning option if desired. And has a somewhat quirky characteristic of forming frost on the inside rear wall of the refrigerator section. When the compressor is on, this then melts and is channeled away down a small hole when the compressor is off. Called a Cycle Defrost. The freezer section will require a manual defrost too. All in all the Avanti is good package for the money paid for it at time of purchase. I would, frankly, have been far less happy at this price point as I feel the overall build quality, while far from being poor, does not warrant a cost in excess of my original purchase cost.

It fits right in where our RV fridge used to be. Cheaper than the parts to fix our old Dometic fridge. The cubic feet say it's slightly smaller, but we feel both the fridge and freezer section seem bigger somehow. Maybe better arrangement. LOVE the many slots to put the shelves into. Makes it easier to setup one section for tall things like milk gallons. VERY quiet. Runs on 120 watts. That's it!!! About like running two laptops. We run on solar frequently and it's nice to have such a low wattage. The Dometic needed 500watts AC when we weren't running on propane. Just perfect, ample room for any kind of foods. Love the shelving system in the main setup.

I am very pleased with this little refrigerator. It is everything it said it was. Very roomy for a small fridge. Perfect for dorm room. It is nice to have one with a good sized freezer. Big enough for ice cream. The product comes as advertised. I love that it is energy star even though it is an apartment size frig. The shelves and bins are easy to remove and clean. You do have to defrost it, but infrequently. The only complaint I have is that mine arrived with a dent in the front.