3.24/5
Based on 17 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

17 Avanti Refrigerators Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 10, 2018

I have a small upright freezer because of space concerns. Its design with bins allow for easy access but it does diminish the capacity somewhat. But I find it adequate for my needs as a single member household.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

Bought a wine cooler WCR682SS-2 from Wine Cooler Direct. First unit came did not operate, they shipped a second and worked fine for two years and now it freezes the bottom shelves of wine. I also bought extended warranty and they said I would have to find a serviceman to repair it. I called 5 local businesses and no one wants to touch it as it's hard to get parts. Called the company and parts on back order till April. Worst customer experience on all ends.

Get expert buying tips about Refrigerators delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

I purchased a Refrigerator in December of 2015, model FFBM102D3S. I recently went food shopping, loaded up the fridge and noticed a smell a few days later - the motor stopped, the interior of the fridge was at 60 degrees and I had to throw out all of my food. I called the company to get information - pretty bewildered that a fridge would die at 2 years old - the woman I spoke with kept cutting me off saying that "We Cannot offer you any warranty service because it is 2 years old." I asked if that was the custom of this company that a fridge should stop working after 2 years - same sentence and very rude. I asked to the speak with the manager - David ** - received his e-mail response that appliances are sold with a one year warranty which is the standard in the industry.

It is not the standard in the industry for a motor to die in 2 years. I have asked repeatedly for an explanation how this company can condone this machine to die after two years - no answer to that question. I lost about $250 worth of food and I am being told that I need to pay at least $150 to have someone come to my home to just look at it and the price will go up at that point.

Maybe I am old fashioned, but I expect my concerns to be acknowledged and I expect a major appliance, such as a refrigerator to last more than two years. At the bare minimum I expect a company to respect their customers - because a satisfied customer will tell one or two people about their experience. An unsatisfied customer will tell everyone about their experience. This company obviously sells subpar workmanship and their associates are tired and rude. I paid about $500 for the machine. I lost $250 of food and I have to pay $150 for someone to come to the house. I am almost at the original cost of the machine that I purchased two years ago. Disgraceful.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2018

I have had this refrigerator (Avanti FF760W) for 5 years. It works perfectly, despite undergoing some rough handling. This is a “counter-depth” refrigerator with about enough room inside to satisfy the needs of one person. I believe the “760” part of the model number means it has 7.6 cubic feet of storage capacity. As an aside, I the “FF” is for frost-free, and the “W” may be for the color: white. I bought it in 2012. I moved it several blocks by dolly it to a storage facility in late 2013, and then, when I was told pointedly that the storage facility was closing immediately at 15 minutes before the posted time, I moved it 53 blocks and two avenues, again with a dolly, through Manhattan on a cold night in January 2014.

I moved it to Texas in the back of a pickup truck in March 2015. It has suffered a few cosmetic blemishes during the moving incidents, but to this day, it works perfectly. Now it serves as an “overflow” refrigerator, but it was a lifesaver when I first got it, living in a tiny apartment. It is about 5’ tall, and the top surface was thoughtfully designed to be perfectly flat, so that make a handy shelf, and that is where I put the microwave in my tiny apartment.

The only negative things I can say about it are that the shelf over the crisper drawer is glass, which is maybe a safety hazard, the refrigerator and freezer shelves are wire, which make it hard to balance some things, and I had rather have a 3rd proper door bin in the refrigerator compartment rather than the drink-holder designed for 12 oz. cans, but it is impossible to buy after-market or replacement parts, likely because the model has been discontinued and was never a huge seller in the first place. I thought about giving only 4 stars because the shelves and door bins are less than optimal, but I saw them before I purchased it, and it still refrigerates and freezes just as well as when I bought it 5 1/2 years ago and over 1500 miles away. Great little refrigerator!

Original review: May 24, 2017

In 2015, I purchase an Avanti Refrigerator for my apartment. Within 3 months I started having problem. It was no longer keeping my food cold. I called Avanti. They gave me an repairman who fixed the problem. 4 months later the motor went. The repairman replace the motor, a month later I came home from work and heard this loud humming sound from the refrigerator. During the night the refrigerator stop working. I called the repairman again. This time it could not be fixed. I was given a new Avanti refrigerator in July of 2016. Today May 24th my refrigerator has stop working. I called the repairman who informed me that there is no more warranty on the original refrigerator and I must pay to have it service. I will tell my friends and family never to purchase an Avanti refrigerator. They are the worst!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Avanti Refrigerators?

Original review: March 11, 2017

We bought AVANTI beverage fridges for our new Hotel from Pacific Sales. When we plugged them in, they didn't work. We called Pacific Sales to exchange. They told us to call AVANTI. AVANTI was super rude about it. Finally they sent a "technician". The tech confirmed they weren't working and then we were sent to another Dept and told to cut off cord, send serial number with paperwork etc (and $10? WTF. I have to pay $10 too... what a joke). After they get everything, they will send me crappy replacement fridges. In the meantime, these fridges (the ones that were working) are so loud you have to unplug them at night or you can't sleep. STAY AWAY FROM AVANTI AND PACIFIC SALES.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2017

Terrible gasket seal. We purchased a small, apartment sized refrigerator. When we reversed the doors the freezer gasket did not fit right resulting in an unusable freezer. It was just a big block of ice!! We called Avanti in October and requested a solution that which the representative suggested they send a new gasket and the problem would be solved. We waited 10 days, nothing arrived in the mail, we called back and were told it was on back order until mid-November. So we waited. By December no gasket had arrived. So, we called Avanti again. And, again we were advised the gasket was on back order now until the end of December.

January arrived and still no gasket. Again we called... again the representative told us it was on backorder this time until the end of February. Unacceptable to us we asked to speak with a manager who agreed to send us a new door. It's now February 8 we have not received a gasket or a new door. For FOUR MONTHS we have been dealing with them and an unusable freezer. Do yourself a favor and do not buy any product from this inadequate company. We are so disappointed and just want our money back, which of course, they refuse to do.

UPDATED ON 02/18/2017: After waiting for over FOUR MONTHS for a replacement gasket or a replacement freezer door, as promised by Avanti, and dealing with an unusable freezer, the door finally arrived! The problem now is that the door is the wrong color!! We have called and left numerous messages for David **, the manager, and have had no response back. Simply one of the most frustrating companies I have ever dealt with. I think we are destined to live wth our mismatched ~ patchwork looking refrigerator as I do not expect this company to care about us, the customer, one bit.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2016

My apartment-sized (23" wide, 59" high) Avanti fridge has just ended its life cycle. I had it for 6.5 years. In researching the new one, I spoke to the customer service of another brand with some questions. I asked about how long their apt-sized models last; she said about 3-7 years. So, if that's what is expected for models this size, then the Avanti one I had did pretty well.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2016

It is a very reliable fridge. I like it because whenever I needed to adjust the temperature it was straightforward and easy. The shelves and drawers could have been more thoughtfully designed. Sometimes it was hard to fit in food in convenient way. It was annoying because I'm a very organized person. It was pretty cheap looking. And the bad storage made the presentation underwhelming. It's aesthetics are it's major downfall, but it worked great regardless. The size is ok. Spacing is weird, but it still held everything I needed it to. It didn't look blocky in the room. It may be slightly unattractive, but it's been running well for a long time. I love how easy it is to adjust the temp. which is something I've always hated about other fridges.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2016

It keeps temperature great. When I had a black out food was cold for 12 hours. Great product. Lots of space for your produce, juices and milks. If you have children it's nice because you have a variety of cold drinks and snack for them. Very streamlined. I have the bottom freezer with two doors on top. Makes for easy storing and access to the things you need. Came in a variety of colors to choose from to match your decor. I find the size very appropriate to my needs. I can store 3 gallons of liquid on the doors as well as a variety of other goods. The value I was not expecting. I thought the price was very reasonable for the appliance that I got. It's very durable, keeps temperatures nice and cold so your items and produce stay crisp.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2016

It does a good job of keeping my frozen foods nice and cold. It has plenty of room inside for all of my grocery needs. It seems to be fairly energy efficient and I have had no issues with it so far. The inside is well designed and it is well lit. It looks pretty good. The color options that were available made it easy enough to find one that fit in well with the way that my kitchen is designed. I like how it is sleek and clean looking. The inside has a lot of room and is well organized making it easy to find a place for everything and I never worry about cross contamination. I would say that for the price I paid it is a very good value. I have never had any issues with it. It runs very well, keeps my food cold and seems to be fairly energy efficient.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2016

I bought and changed the filter often for the water part of it, and other than that it ran great, not loud, no issues. It was all black, had a pull out freezer at the bottom, doors opened and closed with no squeaks! When you opened it had three doors to open for produce, meat, etc. Basic normal fridge! Great quality honestly. The value of this fridge was amazing. It was honestly the perfect fridge for me and my family. Ran perfectly with no issues. Should continue on strong for the next few years it seems like.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2016

I have a household of 4 and this fridge is perfect with a lot of room to store food and able to control the temperature on it. I love how it has easy access and a bright light when our fridge is open. Beautiful fridge and definitely modern to make your kitchen unique. The handles on opening the fridge are big and easy to pull out. Shelves inside the fridge are nice, glass looking. Sort of big but that's what I love about it. You can see everything of what's in the fridge because how much space it has. The value looks expensive but bought it for a good price. I bought my fridge at Sears because it just stood out from all the rest. Reading the value of it has caught my eye just because it was perfect in what I needed.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2016

I’ve tried other brands of refrigerators before and this one has been by far the best I’ve ever tried. It has been by far the best refrigerator I have ever owned in my life. Well, it does come in a variety of options like stainless steel, black, white and various other colors. I myself have a stainless steel one. I love the size. It’s a medium size refrigerator. I think it is a very valuable refrigerator... Extremely reliable... It’s good value for the price you pay.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2016

I am very happy with the performance of this refrigerator. This is my first experience of this brand and I am quite satisfied. It keeps food very cold and looks good too. If you purchase this brand you will not be disappointed with your purchase. I love the appearance of my new refrigerator. It's one of the reasons I chose this type. I am pleased and happy. I get many compliments on my new refrigerator. That makes me feel good. I am pleased and happy with the size of my refrigerator. It fits perfectly. For me I couldn't have made a better choice. It all depends on the size you need. For my kitchen it is the perfect choice. I would highly recommend choosing this type of refrigerator. It is of high value. The color, size, performance, pride and price makes this a high value choice.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2016

Awesome automatic ice machine. Had very cold water and easy to adjust temperature for both the freezer and refrigerator section. Nightlight included that automatically shuts off. Was incredibly easy for my children to operate, but I could also lock all controls for when they decided to just play with it. It is solid black with light textured pattern you can feel and just a hint of shine. Inside is glass, which I didn't like and is white but was very easy to clean. Hated size of both freezer and refrigerator section. Shelving Is actually non adjustable which makes me very dissatisfied and surprised. Price of the side by side fridge was very inexpensive and very affordable which was the main reason for the purchase of the refrigerator.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2016

Arrived really well packaged, and in pristine condition. Works Well. Good Door seal. It's worth noting that mine arrived with 4 door shelves that covered the width of the door and not the small shelves pictured. All of the shelves are removable and the third shelf down has a slightly lower repositioning option if desired. And has a somewhat quirky characteristic of forming frost on the inside rear wall of the refrigerator section. When the compressor is on, this then melts and is channeled away down a small hole when the compressor is off. Called a Cycle Defrost. The freezer section will require a manual defrost too. All in all the Avanti is good package for the money paid for it at time of purchase. I would, frankly, have been far less happy at this price point as I feel the overall build quality, while far from being poor, does not warrant a cost in excess of my original purchase cost.

It fits right in where our RV fridge used to be. Cheaper than the parts to fix our old Dometic fridge. The cubic feet say it's slightly smaller, but we feel both the fridge and freezer section seem bigger somehow. Maybe better arrangement. LOVE the many slots to put the shelves into. Makes it easier to setup one section for tall things like milk gallons. VERY quiet. Runs on 120 watts. That's it!!! About like running two laptops. We run on solar frequently and it's nice to have such a low wattage. The Dometic needed 500watts AC when we weren't running on propane. Just perfect, ample room for any kind of foods. Love the shelving system in the main setup.

I am very pleased with this little refrigerator. It is everything it said it was. Very roomy for a small fridge. Perfect for dorm room. It is nice to have one with a good sized freezer. Big enough for ice cream. The product comes as advertised. I love that it is energy star even though it is an apartment size frig. The shelves and bins are easy to remove and clean. You do have to defrost it, but infrequently. The only complaint I have is that mine arrived with a dent in the front.

Avanti Refrigerators Company Information

www.homedepot.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business