2. Homeowners

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Avanti Refrigerators Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Avanti Refrigerators?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Avanti Refrigerators?

Original review: Aug. 17, 2020

The beverage cooler refrigerates fine, but the glass door fogs up between the double glass. I called Staples and they wanted to have me send the unit back, but I had already discarded the nice shipping box so I decided to contact Avanti and offer to just replace the door if they'd send me one. Avanti said it was normal to fog inside. The clear door is the reason I purchased it for twice the price of a regular mini fridge. It appears the door does not have the space between the glass under a relative vacuum. Save your money and buy a different brand if you want a see-thru door.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

We purchased this refrigerator with a freezer on top for the basement to use for overflow during holidays. We have had it for four years and it turns off at its convenience. We did have someone out to fix it last year but it continues to turn on and off but mostly off. It is currently waiting for the trash man on the curb. Very disappointing and a waste of money.

Get buying tips about Refrigerators delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

Experience should be zero. I bought the CF10M0W Nov 2015 and it just went out, stop working. Called the company who have me the number to JR Martin App. I spoke with the tech who stated there will be a $99 service cost and if it was the compressor $300 in labor. Well, the freezer cost $280. The staff at Avanti rude and unprofessional.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

First of all DO NOT purchase any Avanti Products appliances! We purchased an upright freezer online December of 2017. We noticed that it seemed to not be holding a freeze about June 2018 but also thought it may be because we keep our freezer in our garage and everyone knows how hot our summers are here in NC so we thought it was because it was working overtime trying to stay cold! So we let it go! Well we noticed in October which for the most part is a little cooler here in NC that things in the freezer were still completely defrosted. I mean a whole 9 pound ham that had been in the freezer for at least 3 months was completely thawed out?

So we decided there was a problem with our freezer for sure! We contacted the company we ordered through. They said they only warranty for the first 30 days after that it falls back on the manufacturer which was Avanti. They gave us all the contract info for Avanti and our purchase date. So we moved on to speak to Avanti directly. They said yes we were still under warranty. So we got the ball rolling on the way they handle their warranty. Of course first we had to have someone out to service it from their company (we were supposed to receive a phone call with an exact date for service within 3 days). Needless to say 3 weeks later I never heard from them?

So I called Avanti again. They proceeded to say oh sorry after we looked further into it we realized they don't have a service company in our area??? So since they have pulled up my warranty claim they realized with my model number that these units were known to have problems so they were just going to replace it? I got an email that night from Avanti with my warranty claim and what I had to do to get it replaced. Most were easy to accommodate but one thing on the list was cut the cord to the freezer and mail it to them??? Well not a problem except my freezer was still full of half frozen food? And I got the email the night before we were going out of town for almost 2 weeks for Christmas? So not an option?

Can you imagine the mess of a completely thawed out freezer in NC 2 weeks later?? No thanks! So when we got home I called Avanti and they said they no longer were going to cover our warranty? Because I did not send them the cord in a timely manner?? So very long story short... DO NOT purchase Avanti Products! And please research before you purchase any large products! Now we are out over $400 for the freezer and probably over $600 worth of food!! Lesson learned???

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

Bottom line don't buy Avanti! I had a gift given to me on a brand new refrigerator after plugging in twice. The product basically runs the unit does not cool. I called and contacted the repair locations. I also called the 1-800 number on the back for service. They gave me the run-around on the phone that the manufacturer's date was older than a year and because of no receipt they can't fix the cooling part on the unit so basically I'm out of a refrigerator. But I have a same refrigerator that's 10 years old that works perfectly fine but from a different manufacturing company that's never had any problems. So again think about before you buy an Avanti product. They don't stand behind their product or won't go simply out of their way to check it to try to help out a consumer.

Original review: June 10, 2018

I have a small upright freezer because of space concerns. Its design with bins allow for easy access but it does diminish the capacity somewhat. But I find it adequate for my needs as a single member household.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

Bought a wine cooler WCR682SS-2 from Wine Cooler Direct. First unit came did not operate, they shipped a second and worked fine for two years and now it freezes the bottom shelves of wine. I also bought extended warranty and they said I would have to find a serviceman to repair it. I called 5 local businesses and no one wants to touch it as it's hard to get parts. Called the company and parts on back order till April. Worst customer experience on all ends.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

I purchased a Refrigerator in December of 2015, model FFBM102D3S. I recently went food shopping, loaded up the fridge and noticed a smell a few days later - the motor stopped, the interior of the fridge was at 60 degrees and I had to throw out all of my food. I called the company to get information - pretty bewildered that a fridge would die at 2 years old - the woman I spoke with kept cutting me off saying that "We Cannot offer you any warranty service because it is 2 years old." I asked if that was the custom of this company that a fridge should stop working after 2 years - same sentence and very rude. I asked to the speak with the manager - David ** - received his e-mail response that appliances are sold with a one year warranty which is the standard in the industry.

It is not the standard in the industry for a motor to die in 2 years. I have asked repeatedly for an explanation how this company can condone this machine to die after two years - no answer to that question. I lost about $250 worth of food and I am being told that I need to pay at least $150 to have someone come to my home to just look at it and the price will go up at that point.

Maybe I am old fashioned, but I expect my concerns to be acknowledged and I expect a major appliance, such as a refrigerator to last more than two years. At the bare minimum I expect a company to respect their customers - because a satisfied customer will tell one or two people about their experience. An unsatisfied customer will tell everyone about their experience. This company obviously sells subpar workmanship and their associates are tired and rude. I paid about $500 for the machine. I lost $250 of food and I have to pay $150 for someone to come to the house. I am almost at the original cost of the machine that I purchased two years ago. Disgraceful.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2018

I have had this refrigerator (Avanti FF760W) for 5 years. It works perfectly, despite undergoing some rough handling. This is a “counter-depth” refrigerator with about enough room inside to satisfy the needs of one person. I believe the “760” part of the model number means it has 7.6 cubic feet of storage capacity. As an aside, I the “FF” is for frost-free, and the “W” may be for the color: white. I bought it in 2012. I moved it several blocks by dolly it to a storage facility in late 2013, and then, when I was told pointedly that the storage facility was closing immediately at 15 minutes before the posted time, I moved it 53 blocks and two avenues, again with a dolly, through Manhattan on a cold night in January 2014.

I moved it to Texas in the back of a pickup truck in March 2015. It has suffered a few cosmetic blemishes during the moving incidents, but to this day, it works perfectly. Now it serves as an “overflow” refrigerator, but it was a lifesaver when I first got it, living in a tiny apartment. It is about 5’ tall, and the top surface was thoughtfully designed to be perfectly flat, so that make a handy shelf, and that is where I put the microwave in my tiny apartment.

The only negative things I can say about it are that the shelf over the crisper drawer is glass, which is maybe a safety hazard, the refrigerator and freezer shelves are wire, which make it hard to balance some things, and I had rather have a 3rd proper door bin in the refrigerator compartment rather than the drink-holder designed for 12 oz. cans, but it is impossible to buy after-market or replacement parts, likely because the model has been discontinued and was never a huge seller in the first place. I thought about giving only 4 stars because the shelves and door bins are less than optimal, but I saw them before I purchased it, and it still refrigerates and freezes just as well as when I bought it 5 1/2 years ago and over 1500 miles away. Great little refrigerator!

Original review: May 24, 2017

In 2015, I purchase an Avanti Refrigerator for my apartment. Within 3 months I started having problem. It was no longer keeping my food cold. I called Avanti. They gave me an repairman who fixed the problem. 4 months later the motor went. The repairman replace the motor, a month later I came home from work and heard this loud humming sound from the refrigerator. During the night the refrigerator stop working. I called the repairman again. This time it could not be fixed. I was given a new Avanti refrigerator in July of 2016. Today May 24th my refrigerator has stop working. I called the repairman who informed me that there is no more warranty on the original refrigerator and I must pay to have it service. I will tell my friends and family never to purchase an Avanti refrigerator. They are the worst!

Avanti Refrigerators Company Information