Call toll free
4.87/5
Based on 3,448 ratings submitted in the last year

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Ranked #4 among the top home security system providers in the United States, recognized as #1 in security by SDM Magazine and the 2016 Installer of the Year by SSI magazine. Vector Security® provides security and home automation systems to nearly 300,000 homes, businesses, and multi-site enterprises. With services tailored to fit each customer's needs, we offer everything from alarm monitoring and video surveillance to personal emergency response and energy management.

Vector Security Gallery (6)
2016 SSI Installer of the Year (Large Company)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More
Accredited
Toll free number

8952 Vector Security Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 16, 2019

I have been calling and trying to resolve an issue since February... no luck! Danielle immediately helped me today.. She is very professional and capable... I was not receiving notification on my cell phone when alarm armed or disarmed... Don’t know why this happened, but Danielle fixed the problem

Vector Security response

Thanks for your compliments about Danielle. We're glad you are happy with the service you received and we look forward to continuing to serve you.

Original review: May 16, 2019

Came with the house. Service is great. Technician was very knowledgeable and professional. Everything was fixed with no issues. I would recommend service again. Steve was really great. Customer service was awesome.

Vector Security response

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your business and look forward to continuing to serve you. Have a great day!

Original review: May 16, 2019

I love the service that we get plus the staff are very friendly. Very dependable when I call I get a excellent turnaround. Would recommend Vector very highly. Excellent customer service plus very affordable. I have nothing else to say. Thank you.

Original review: May 16, 2019

I chose to get Vector Security because I built a new home and wanted a security system, I called around to a bunch of different places, some wouldn’t service this and some wouldn’t install without WiFi. Vector was reasonably priced and would service my area. Devin was my installation technician and he was very generous and knowledgeable. I’m very happy.

Vector Security response

Thanks for choosing Vector Security. We value your business and are pleased to know you are happy with our service. We look forward to continuing to serve you.

Original review: May 16, 2019

I called Vector security because there was a false alarm on my system. I was very comfortable with technician Jeff. He was very thorough checking my system and even changed my battery on the system. He was very polite. The central station is very pleasant when they call for an alarm. Thank you.

Vector Security response

Thanks for your compliments about our team. We look forward to continuing to serve you. Have a great day!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vector Security?

Original review: May 16, 2019

They offer modern equipment and it's not dependent on phone lines. Customer support has always been very good. The technicians are very knowledgeable and friendly. My system has presented no problems and is easy to operate. I've had only one repair in three years and that was for battery!

Vector Security response

Thank you for your loyalty to Vector Security. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you for many more years to come!

Original review: May 16, 2019

Existing LONG TIME customer, whose original system died, and needed to replace the dead equipment. We were VERY PLEASED with Frank, who took the time to answer questions and show us how the new equipment worked.

Original review: May 16, 2019

Curtis was punctual, friendly, put his shoe covers on respecting my flooring. He is extremely knowledgeable as well as a great teacher. He didn’t leave until he was sure we clearly understood our system. He didn’t make us feel silly for our numerous questions. Michelle is also a 5 star rating. Very attentive and knows your products well. She also knows her customers and offers great advice.

Vector Security response

Thanks for your compliments about Curtis and Michelle. We're glad you are happy with the service you received and we look forward to continuing to serve you.

Original review: May 16, 2019

I had a service call today for my alarm system that was driving us nuts since we got back from vacation. Phil ** came out and serviced it and explain to me in detail every step of the way what he was doing and how things work. I feel very confident in my system now. Thank you.

Vector Security response

Thanks for your compliments about Phil. We're glad you are happy with the service you received and we look forward to continuing to serve you.

Original review: May 16, 2019

Have been a customer of Vector Security for over 10 years. They always provide great customer service! The service technician was very professional, and quick to diagnose the problem. I would recommend Vector Security to all. I’m happy with the service they have provided to me.

Original review: May 16, 2019

I’d like to take the time to thank Ray for taking care of the issue that I had with my system. He was very polite and professional. A very respectful young man. I would recommend his service to anyone. He was very helpful.

Vector Security response

Thank you for choosing Vector Security. We're glad you're happy with our service. We do have a referral program that offers incentives when you refer a new customer to us. Contact your branch for details.

Original review: May 16, 2019

My back door sensor was going off randomly after a power outage. The service person found that my control panel had been affected during the outage and he reset the panel. He also reviewed my system and reminded me what all of my zones were, etc. I also appreciated the advance call from the technician letting me know when he would be arriving.

Vector Security response

We’re glad you are happy with the service you received. Thanks for your feedback and have a great day!

Original review: May 16, 2019

I am a long time customer of Vector Security. I find their service department to be responsive, professional and able to solve the problem efficiently. Del ** is a very knowledgeable and capable Service tech. He is a asset to the Vector Team!

Original review: May 16, 2019

Installation and sales process was very easy. The installers Jim and Ryan from Vector Security Systems were very professional and nice to deal with. Vector Security equipment seems to be state of the art and easy to use. I look forward to a long relationship with Vector Security Systems.

Original review: May 16, 2019

Great installation experience with Anthony. Full explanations, troubleshooting, options and a methodical approach to the installation. No surprises and plenty of professional courtesy to ensure we had all our questions answered throughout the process. Gave extra tips which were also helpful and solve previous problems.

Vector Security response

Thanks for your compliments about Anthony. We're glad you are happy with the service you received and we look forward to continuing to serve you.

Original review: May 16, 2019

I have been a Vector Customer for a number of years now. I am very happy with my service. The office is always a pleasure to deal with. My service call today was for my camera, in my living room. Anthony came out to see why it had stopped working. After some diagnosing, he put up a new camera for me. I am so happy with the new pictures! I would and have recommended Vector to my friends and neighbors!

Original review: May 15, 2019

From sales to installation this was a home run. We have been a customer for over 30 years. We stayed with the company because of excellent service. Today's upgrade was no difference. Aaron was very knowledgeable and patient with us. He showed us the ins and outs of the security system which made us feel valued. Thanks Vector Security. Keep up the good work!!

Original review: May 15, 2019

We have had our system since 1995 when it was Sonitrol, way before it became Vector Security. Our service has always been good. Devin was my service technician today and he was very knowledgeable and courteous. He went above and beyond to reach my expectations. My system seems to be working to my knowledge and overall I am very satisfied. My concerns were rectified. I would highly recommend the technician. I ran my own business for 30 years and I am very conscious of good customer service and I am very pleased with my technician.

Vector Security response

You made our day! Thank you for the kind words. We hope you continue to be happy with your service and we look forward to continuing to serve you.

Original review: May 15, 2019

Ethan ** was my installation technician today and he showed up on time and showed up with a great and professional attitude and great service. He showed me everything to know about my new system and I’ve been with Vector Security for 6 years and I’m a very happy customer. I wouldn’t go anywhere else. Thanks for everything you do to protect my home.

Original review: May 15, 2019

My install was great!! Very patient and made sure we knew how to use everything. Rod thumbs up and explained everything that I need to know about the system. Also added a few new extra great products. Will recommend to my friends and family.

Vector Security response

Thank you for choosing Vector Security. We rely on recommendations from satisfied customers like you; our ReferralRewards program can earn you incentives when you refer a new customer to us. Please contact your branch for details.

Original review: May 15, 2019

They did a great job. They were in and out very quickly. The salespeople were very good to work with. Both salesperson and installer were very prompt. Installer was very knowledge, polite, and easy to work with. All around great experience and would definely recommend their services and systems to a friend or family.

Original review: May 15, 2019

Vector Security is an awesome company that is very liable. Del **, technician, came and assessed an issue I was having and recommended the best solution. I have been a Vector customer for 28 years. I am extremely satisfied with the service I have received.

Original review: May 15, 2019

I have a Vector Security Customer for well over 10 years. I needed a more updated security system for my family. Joseph ** who was our salesperson arrived at my residence on time, and he was very courteous. The technician was very knowledgeable of the job to be done, and was very professional. I would definitely recommend Vector Security to my family and friends.

Original review: May 15, 2019

Would definitely recommend... Service was great (actually had to use two fire alarm service due to a fireplace issue with an excellent outcome). The sales support was second to none (especially Mr. Daniel **). Any & all questions were handled timely with courtesy.

Original review: May 15, 2019

Tech was very friendly and professional, he called us when he was en route and arrived in a timely manner as he said he would. Tech also programmed a duress code and explained the function of it. He made sure to test it and showed us that it worked.

Original review: May 15, 2019

We went with Vector Security because the system was already installed in our new condo. We are very happy with your services. Gary was a great service tech. He helped us get our apps set up on our phones and was very helpful with our log in information that we messed up. We will definitely be recommending Vector to other people that we know.. Thank you very much..

Original review: May 15, 2019

Have used Vector Security on my own home and installed also at my mother's trailer. Very satisfied with all aspects of Vector. Installer today, Nathan, was very knowledgeable and professional. We appreciate our salesman, Todd, for his prompt attention to our need.

Original review: May 15, 2019

I have been with Vector Security since 2006, whenever I have any issues with the alarm they call very quickly. All of the technicians have pleasant and knowledgeable, they give me advice for any upgrades. The technician that came out today told me about fire protection.

Original review: May 15, 2019

Vector has very competent people, like Doug and Rodlyn, who have helped me install extra cameras and who have patiently educated me how to better use my security cameras and system. I have been able to schedule in a timely fashion. If there are any questions, Doug or Rodlyn have assisted me with patience and professionalism. XGEU

Vector Security response

Thanks for your compliments about Doug and Rodlyn. We're glad you are happy with the service you received and we look forward to continuing to serve you.

Original review: May 14, 2019

This is the second system Curtis has installed for me and he does an excellent job. I live out of state and he called me and kept me informed of how it went and what was done. I am very pleased with Vector Security and would advise everyone to get their security with them.

Vector Security response

The experience you describe is exactly the type of service we strive to deliver to all our customers…we’re glad you got to see it first-hand! Thank you for your loyalty to Vector Security.

Vector Security Company Information