4.2/5 (841 ratings)

About Vector Security

Vector Security has provided intelligent security solutions for nearly 50 years. Headquartered in Pittsburgh, the company offers a full suite of electronic security services for residential, business and national account customers. Vector Security assists with security consultations, installation, monitoring and service. It has over 386,000 customers.

Pros

• System relocation options
  • Equipment warranty
  • Support for home automation

Cons

• Strict cancellation policy
  • Not available in all states

Bottom Line

Vector Security offers three plans with varying levels of wireless technology. Although its cancellation process isn't ideal, the company provides an excellent warranty, and the home automation support is a huge positive.

Vector Security Reviews

Over 10k reviews since 2011

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vector Security?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vector Security?

Original review: Aug. 2, 2022

Justin was here to upgrade my cell unit. I felt bad because He was in the attic on a very hot day to do the upgrade. When I said that to him he replied “it’s all part of my job“ and that he was there to make sure my system is working correctly to keep us safe. He was so very friendly and we chatted about dogs, I have 2 dogs and he was kind to pet them, he was on the ground playing with them and giving her belly scratches (her favorite). I would definitely request him for any future appointments (so would my dogs).

Vector Security response

Thanks for your compliments about Justin. We're glad you are happy with the service you received and we look forward to continuing to serve you.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2022

We had false alarms on our motion detector while we were on vacation. Service technician Justin H came and evaluated the position and determined that the motion was installed pointed at a window and suggested that we relocate the motion sensor to rule out that being the cause of alarm and He also replaced the part in case it was bad and then replaced all of our batteries. Very friendly and knowledgeable. I highly recommended Justin for your technician.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2022

This was basically a maintenance and refresher service call. Everything went smoothly. The technician was very polite. Although he did not have the battery we needed for our panel, he agreed to come back later in the day to replace it.

Original review: July 29, 2022

I have been using Vector Security for 20+ years and have always received great service. Recently, I dropped my remote key fob and needed to have it replaced. After setting up my appointed, the technician came out to program and replace it. His name was Rigel. From the moment he met me at the door, his warm friendly greeting made me feel comfortable to welcome him into my home. He was knowledgeable and quick to get the new key fob programmed to my current alarm system. He made sure to explain what he did and explained the functions of the new fob. He was very concerned to make sure I was completely satisfied. From the beginning until he walked out the door, he was a pleasure to deal with. Vector Security should be very proud to have Rigel representing their company. A job well done! A++++

Vector Security response

Thanks for choosing Vector Security. We value your business and are pleased to know you are happy with our service. We look forward to continuing to serve you.

Original review: July 29, 2022

I received a letter saying I was past due $119.00 for something other than my monthly payment which is on auto charge to my checking account. The charge was for upgrading something in to controller box because my door lock kept giving the notice the battery was low. I changed the batteries twice but still got the low battery message which led to the replacement parts. Loretta ** Was excellent on the call. She quickly understood the issue and made adjustments to my account and satisfaction. She was very professional, polite, knowledgeable and in my opinion used good judgment in solving my issue. I continue to be a happy and satisfied customer. Thank you Loretta.

Original review: July 29, 2022

Prior service. Excellent service. Julius was fantastic! Very helpful and very knowledgeable. I thought it was a great experience and I learned a lot about the new system. I am more comfortable with the alarm system. I can’t say enough about how polite he was.

Original review: July 29, 2022

Kevin was fantastic to work with. He was prompt showing up 10 minutes before his 11:00 am scheduled appointment, professional answering all our questions, explaining the new cameras and the web page on recording rules, and completed all necessary tasks within the scope exceeding our expectations!

Original review: July 29, 2022

Vector Security is a reputable company that my husband and I trust to secure our home. Todd ** was our first contact with the company and was very helpful in regard to what security items were available for our home. Curtis, the install technician was prompt, knowledgeable, personable, and explained the system that we had installed in its entirety. He even cleaned up any debris that was left and this was greatly appreciated. I highly recommend this company and this technician.

Original review: July 29, 2022

We choose Vector because of their service and dependability. We have been customers for many years and we will continue to use them on the future. Their technician Don is always attentive and very professional and answers all of our questions. I highly recommend Vector for your security needs.

Original review: July 29, 2022

I called in on a Friday morning before 9 AM, and spoke to Tierra. She was great. She was friendly, courteous, and helped me over the phone, even emailed me a picture of what we were looking for! Thank you so much!

Original review: July 28, 2022

Outstanding service, customer care and cordial professional installation. I purchased my home with an already existing system that Vector installed years prior. I needed for them to upgrade the system. Their sincere concern for my security needs and wants for my residence was encouraging. Thank you.

Vector Security response

Thank you for your kind words. At Vector Security, we strive to provide exceptional customer service and we're happy you're experiencing it in action!

Original review: July 28, 2022

Somebody broke glass & enters in my store, stole beer & some money but Vector's security alarm didn’t work. When I came in morning to open my store, I saw glass was broken & everything was messed up in my store. I saw security systems was active but didn’t work. Highly recommend don’t buy it for your store.

Amish,

We are very sorry to hear that this happened to you. We are forwarding your comments to our Dealer Division to look into.

Original review: July 27, 2022

Curtis was super friendly. Explained everything in step by step instructions. Willing to re-explain things in case I thought I forgot something. Hope he is my service technician for any future matters! Would highly recommend Curtis and Vector Security to friends and family

Original review: July 27, 2022

Bob showed up to replace the front door bell with the latest technology. He was very knowledgeable of the product and explained all the new features to my wife and I. This was a great experience for us and believe this new doorbell will help in keeping our house secure. Great job Bob.

Vector Security response

Thank you for your kind words about Bob. At Vector Security, we strive to provide exceptional customer service and we're happy you're experiencing it in action!

Original review: July 26, 2022

I appreciate the fast response of Vector Security in coming out to service my alarm system. The technician that was here did a great job and correcting the issues that I had with my system. He did a great job with everything. Five stars. Thanks a lot.

Original review: July 26, 2022

We had a pleasant interaction with everyone I spoke to for this appointment. Especially, the technician that performed the work. He was very knowledgeable, polite and completed the work in a timely matter. He also took the time to explain other features Vector has to offer.

Original review: July 25, 2022

Vector Security was always the first choice for great security service. Absolutely wonderful company that provides great quality systems by very professional people. Very timely with the turnaround to get it done and the installation. Thank you so very much!!

Original review: July 25, 2022

I am very thankful for such a great company like Vector Security. They did an amazing job in making me feel safe. My new system is great and now I have more peace of mind. William was on time and did a great job.

Original review: July 25, 2022

Frank helped us to design an upgrade to a cellular system efficiently and easily. Curtis was a great installer and made the process painless and easy. He also set up the phone apps for both of us. Recommend them both highly.

Original review: July 25, 2022

Awful service. The ring doorbell hardly ever works. Will pick up the movement from the sun shining but won’t pick up the movement of an actual person. Takes forever to load the doorbell camera. Alarm goes off randomly. Horrible customer service. Gonna have to pay the rest of the contract just to get out of this ** contract. Will NEVER use Vector again and I’ll never recommend this to people I know. I’d be doing them a disservice to recommend an awful service.

Vector Security response

Thank you for your feedback. We are forwarding your comments to our team for follow up. We appreciate your patience as we look into the matter. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience.

Original review: July 25, 2022

We had Michael ** at our home today. He had a few things that needed done and he finished them quickly and effectively. He explained what work he was completing and made sure my system was working. Very pleased with the service that was provided.

Original review: July 25, 2022

Vector Security was recommended to me by a friend. I decided to switch both my home and business to them. Both salesmen were helpful. The tech, Chris, who installed both systems was great. He was very thorough, helpful and explained everything to me. He answered all my questions. I would definitely recommend them to anyone looking to get/change a security system.

Vector Security response

Original review: July 24, 2022

Absolutely outstanding job by the Vector Security team. Very pleased with the job done with the installation of the great security system. It has far exceeded my expectations. I love the app and the peace of mind that I now have.

Original review: July 23, 2022

Emergency service is non-existent. Been a customer for probably 15 years and first time I need help on a weekend and it takes over 30 minutes to get to a real person and they are just an answering service. Not acceptable.

Original review: July 23, 2022

My friend recommended them. They've had service with Vector for over 17 year. We needed to get some security for our home and we had no experience as this was our first time getting a security service so we decided to go with Vector. We looked into a few but Vector was the only one that got back to us.

Vector Security response

Original review: July 22, 2022

We have been customers for about 25 years. We have never had issues with Vector over the years. We had Mike ** at our home today. He respected our property by wearing shoe covers. He was very knowledgeable and helped diagnose the problem.

Vector Security response

Original review: July 21, 2022

Vector has a solid reputation and I was pleased from start to finish. Salesperson Ben was very knowledgeable and guided us on the right direction for our needs. David, who did the installation was excellent, professional and did a great job!! He helped me navigate the system with ease!

Original review: July 20, 2022

I've been a Vector Security customer for 20 years. I have always been satisfied with the service. The technicians have always answered all of my questions and have done anything I've asked them to do. The tech was very friendly.

Original review: July 20, 2022

Call in staff and service staff Marion who arranged service and Frank **, the service technician provided excellent customer service and support. They were professional, prompt and knowledgeable about system and effectively addressed the issues. They interfaced and coordinated well to schedule service and address issues quickly.

Original review: July 20, 2022

Great service and equipment. Technician was very thorough. Had Vector at prior homes due to their follow-up and attention to detail. Sourced cameras that weren’t white to coordinate with look of home. Explanation of function of the system was communicated well. Extremely pleased in all respects.

Vector Security Company Information

1970
2000 Ericsson Drive
Warrendale
PA
www.vectorsecurity.com

Media

AWARDS & CREDENTIALS
2016 SSI Installer of the Year (Large Company)