4.4/5 (572 ratings)

About Vector Security

Vector Security has provided intelligent security solutions for nearly 50 years. Headquartered in Pittsburgh, the company offers a full suite of electronic security services for residential, business and national account customers. Vector Security assists with security consultations, installation, monitoring and service. It has over 386,000 customers.

Pros

• System relocation options
  • Equipment warranty
  • Support for home automation

Cons

• Strict cancellation policy
  • Not available in all states

Bottom Line

Vector Security offers three plans with varying levels of wireless technology. Although its cancellation process isn't ideal, the company provides an excellent warranty, and the home automation support is a huge positive.

Vector Security Reviews

Over 10k reviews since 2011

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vector Security?

Original review: Jan. 18, 2023

I want to close my account, my alarm has not worked in a week and a half. They also tell me I have to pay 25.00 dollars for service on your equipment. I pay 50.00 dollars a month, you just raised my rate. Close my account today. Please e-mail me a confirmation on this request.

James,

Thank you for your feedback. We would like to follow up on this issue, but we need a little more information to look up your account. Would you please email protectme@vectorsecurity.com with the account holder's full name, phone, email, service address and, if possible, account number? We appreciate your patience as we look into the matter.

Alternatively, please contact your local branch for instructions on how to cancel service, as we are unable to accept cancellation requests on this platform. Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2023

Went well; repaired door sensor due to a new door installation. Just would recommend a warranty plan for anything that would arise since I have been using services since 2007. Service review went well but found that a battery was needed.

Vector Security response

We’re glad we were able to help you out. Thanks for your feedback and have a great day!

Original review: Jan. 17, 2023

Updated on 01/27/2023: After my review, I was told you would hold the old price for 3 months, that did not happen. I was still charged the new rate. Why promise something and not deliver. Service is fine, customer service for pricing, not so great.

Original Review: It would have been nice if you'd informed me about yet another rate hike. Is this going to happen every year? And yes, I know about inflation. But seniors are having a hard time, also. No problem with service, haven't had to use it.

Mary,

Thank you for your feedback. We are forwarding your comments to our team for follow up. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2023

Keypad said low battery, we replaced the one in the box in the basement, but screen insisted each contact point/glass break needed a new battery. We were confused because we didn't remember that you had updated our service and now it (or part of it) is wireless. The tech person I talked to earlier in the afternoon was impatient & talked to me like I was stupid, correcting me and not explaining. But Heather ** was very patient, figured out the problem & explained that it's probably the translator module battery that needs changing.

Vector Security response

We’re glad you are happy with the service you received from Heather. Thanks for your feedback and have a great day!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2023

I have had Vector Security's super security services for over 6 years. As a retired law enforcement person with 54 years, including; Chief Deputy Sheriff, Chief of Police, Special Agent, and Contract Special Investigator, I can honestly say Vector is a superior security company with highly trained sales and service agents. The Central Station personnel are well trained, polite and prompt to respond. In my many years in Law Enforcement, I have had many professional contacts with a number of Security and Alarm companies, and can report that Vector is a superior and professional organization on all levels of services. As a happy customer of Vector's superior services I proudly recommend them to everyone. I and my family live and sleep soundly knowing Vector is protecting us. Trust them, I do!

Vector Security response

Thank you for your loyalty to Vector Security. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you for many more years to come!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2023

We chose Vector Security because their equipment was already in the house we bought. That was mistake number one. Three of the first 6 months of service we had vector it was inoperable. We were not able to access or use the alarm system in any way. We had someone break into my work truck that is parked right under the camera and called in to see if they could pull the video, which we were told “it records 24/7 and you can call in to get any video any time” and they could not retrieve the video. So much for a “monitoring” company. All they monitor is making sure you pay them every month.

When we called to disconnect our service because we sold the house we were going to add vector to our new house when it’s finished and they told us we didn’t owe anything and we were good to go. Then we moved out of the house after 4 years of “service” they said we owed the $452 more dollars because we had 3 years left of contract. A contract which was signed to upgrade our equipment because their old outdated equipment no longer worked with newer cell towers. Instead of offering to move our contract to our new home they just said “we can set up payments if you want.” Absolutely an incompetent company that doesn’t have their business organized. Would not recommend to anyone.

Garrett,

We understand our team member has reached out to you to address this issue. Thank you for your patience and loyalty, and please accept our apologies.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2023

I have to get right to it. I really appreciate the quick response to get a technician back to my house. I have to say each technician that I have been working with has the utmost respect, they are very professional at their craft. I have to thank your company for having a great employee standing, Clifton was very helpful.

Vector Security response

Thanks for your compliments about Clifton. We're glad you are happy with the service you received and we look forward to continuing to serve you.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2023

Chose Vector due to previous experience. Installation (Daniel **) was very professional and explained the system in detail. Would recommend Vector and Daniel to anyone needing a security system. Installation during business hours was not disruptive and Daniel worked well with our team during the install. Nice job Vector!

Vector Security response

Thanks for your compliments about Daniel. We're glad you are happy with the service you received and we look forward to continuing to serve you.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2023

Recently moved. Stayed with Vector. Salesperson: very efficient and friendly. Installer: efficient and friendly. When there was an initial question, he was able to contact the salesperson and/or office staff for clarification. Got the support he needed quickly. During the last part of the installation he was very patient.

Vector Security response

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your business and look forward to continuing to serve you. Have a great day!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2023

I was delighted to have A.J. back at my house. It's comforting to have the same person check our system which makes me confident that it's done right. We love our system and appreciate the prompt service. We are in awe of our system, which was installed in 2008. We have referred Vector to a lot of people and I would always recommend them. And if we downsize, we will call Vector.

Vector Security response

Thank you for your compliments about AJ. We're glad you're happy with the service you received. We do have a referral program that offers incentives when you refer a new customer that signs with us. Contact your branch for details.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2023

We have Vector 16 Years. Ethan and Derek did an awesome job upgrading my security system and cameras. They are a really good group of guys and it was a pleasure to work with them today. They were very professional and really knew what they were doing. Thanks so much for sending us some very intelligent young men.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2023

I've had a door sensor tamper alert going off randomly. Apparently, One of my door sensors was failing. The tech was only here for a few minutes but replaced the sensor and all other sensor batteries. All around great service.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2023

Doors that are closed show opened. Need to bypass now my security is not working on those doors. I continue to pay for a product that is not working most of the time. Now you are charging me $10 to fix. Started at $5 then went to $8 now we are at $10. I should be receiving credits for a product not working.

Vector Security response

Thank you for your feedback. We are forwarding your comments to our team for follow up. We appreciate your patience as we look into the matter. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2023

To whom it may concern, I have been a customer with Vector Security for over six years, and I have never felt sorry about dealing with a company like I feel about this one, I had many offers from other companies, but me being loyal got me here feeling the mistake, I have made 3 attempts to renew, only to be disregard, appt not kept, no return calls to reschedule, just not good business to me, I have purchased all the extra equipment from this company which can't be used with other companies, therefore I would have to buy everything all over again, trying to get a remote replaced will cost more, which was not discussed at time of purchase, overall not a good company to me so I am planning to find someone who will appreciate their customers because this is not the company to trust, not recommended to anyone. Thank you for opening my eyes to Vector Security.

James,

Original review: Jan. 5, 2023

I was told that the ring door bell would work with my door bell. The has never worked and the technician the sent broke my door bell. I've called over 15 times and they won't come fix either. I'm very upset with this company!

Vector Security response

Original review: Jan. 4, 2023

Nick was Outstanding!! He arrived on time, actually early, and was ready to complete the job at hand. He answered all my questions and made good Recommendations regarding enhancing my security system. He was professional, knowledgeable and helpful. Done clean work and took his time to make sure everything was good!

Vector Security response

Thanks for your compliments about Nick. We're glad you are happy with the service you received and we look forward to continuing to serve you.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2023

Because Ohio Vector Security was awesome, when I moved to Florida I wanted only VS. BUT HERE, IT IS THE WORST! Install was NOT NEW BUT done on top of very old existing system parts.... So system is unstable. Can't arm it 'cause I can't trust it! So I have to pay for 3 years for a system that does not do the job BEFORE I CAN CANCEL! /S/ ONE VERY UNHAPPY CUSTOMER.

Irene,

Original review: Jan. 3, 2023

Can you please help us with a continuing problem with our Vector Security system? After we purchased our house in the Fall of 2019, we signed up for Vector Security. After we moved in we noticed that the battery on the security system needed replacement. So we replaced it in 2019. But we kept getting a low battery alarm and replaced the battery again in 2020 and then needed to do it again in 2021 and in October 2022. When we got a low battery alarm again, we called Vector Security and had a service call on11/8/2022. Jerry Antonio ** from Vector Security told us that the new battery that we had just installed was no good.

He insisted that we needed a new battery and charged us $181 to replace battery and the wall charger in garage (but the receipt didn't show a new Honeywell 1361-GT transformer was installed). Today we received a low battery alarm again! I conducted a walk test, which cleared the low battery notice. But it seems possible that Jerry did not find the cause of the low batter alarm and charged us to replace a new battery with another new battery. Since his repair was only last month, we feel that Vector should come back and fix the system without charging us again. Could you please investigate this problem and let us know what can be done?

Barry,

Original review: Jan. 2, 2023

I recently had a problem with my security system. I call to get help, call kept transferring from one person to another. Technical support kept giving me things to check and do, that did not resolve the problem. Requested that a technician be dispatched to my home to fix the problem, after several phone calls no one has showed up yet, the problem continued. Every time the alarm rings I get a call from the police dept., in despair I disconnected the box and I am cancelling my service.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2023

I found out about Vector from a card left on my door. I did my research and thought it would be the best choice. I have not been disappointed and I am so pleased with my service. I love all the features as well as the prices. I will be recommending Vector to everyone who talks about needing service.

Vector Security response

Thank you for choosing Vector Security. We appreciate recommendations from satisfied customers like you; our ReferralRewards program can earn you incentives when you refer a new customer that signs with us. Please contact your branch for details.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2023

I chose Vector because I wanted to be able to keep check that my wife didn’t wander out the house. She passed Dec. 25, 2021. I waited to see if I needed the system. When reviewing my bills, it came to my attention that I personally don’t use the system. Very seldom if ever. I was informed my contract expires in 2024. I tried to explain it was for her safety and we live out in the country. And I have 4 dogs for security that don’t cost me the monthly charge for your system. I am not happy and I’m not going to say anything bad about you (company) but as of right now…. I don’t think I will be recommending your system to anyone.

Regards

Joseph

Original review: Jan. 2, 2023

Except for service which is absolutely impossible dealing w Vector is a positive experience. They do a fine job w alarms, placing calls, sending police. Most people are very gracious and helpful. Major problem is SERVICE. The wait time for phone to reach service can easily be 45 minutes and the time until one receives a service call two weeks. This is unacceptable. We’ve had a battery issue for a few months. The first person who eventually came refused to check all the batteries. No sooner did he leave than more smoke detectors began to beep. Vector should be able to do better.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2023

I've had Vector for many years now and they're always on the ball. Their staff is very professional and friendly whenever they have to call you. They let me know if there's an issue with my monitoring, a low battery alert and if I've lost a power. Whatever the case may be I would recommend them highly.

Vector Security response

Thank you for your loyalty to Vector Security; we appreciate recommendations from satisfied customers like you. We do have a referral program that offers incentives when you refer a new customer that signs with us. Contact your branch for details.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2023

We looked over many offers and my husband was in nursing home so my boys insisted I have a system. You were the only one that could give me what I needed and at a price I could afford. I think you have been there for me about 18 yrs maybe more. Never a problem! Everyone should have you for their security!!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2023

Vector helps me feel safe. Wish I didn't get messages about power being out when it is not and I can't delete the message and I don't know why. Please reach out with help. I like being safe. 5 stars!!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2023

Recommendation from family member. You can get the monitor station, but you cannot back through any of the company people so you can ask them a question. You’re always sent to a robot. It repeats the same thing over and over again no matter what number you push on the selection choice.

Vector Security response

We appreciate your feedback and will share this with our team in an ongoing effort to improve our customer service. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience. Thanks for your loyalty and have a great day!

Original review: Dec. 28, 2022

We are already customers. We were upgrading a second time. Second tech was late. Explained expectations and requests to first tech. We expected building codes to be followed. Fastener schedule was not followed. Proper fire stopping for a fire wall was not used again. Some cabling was placed in a way that created obstruction rather than using an indirect route that would have prevented it. I asked to have the insulation that was altered by your previous techs to be reinstalled properly and anything altered to put back where it began. It was not. I asked that any easily accessible cameras be cleaned while they were in the vicinity. They were not.

Upon completion, I asked if all of the requested work had been completed and received an affirmative answer. Obviously, this isn't accurate and if they wouldn't, couldn't or were refusing to complete requested work, this should have been communicated. It appears that time was not a factor since the work was completed in approximately six hours. The cameras appear to installed properly and adjusted as best as possible.

Vector Security response

Original review: Dec. 21, 2022

Very pleased with the salesman and service. He showed up on time. Was very nice, and showed us how to work the system. Took his time installing the system and was very thorough and polite throughout the explanation process. Was patient with us learning the system.

Vector Security response

Happy holidays! Thanks for choosing Vector Security. We value your business and are pleased to know you are happy with our service. We look forward to continuing to serve you.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2022

Excellent service today from Nick. He was on time, informative, and very thorough. A professional job that did not take long. There was a lot to install and to figure out. We are very satisfied. Great job and I highly recommend.

Vector Security response

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your business and look forward to continuing to serve you. Happy holidays!

Original review: Dec. 16, 2022

Nick showed up on time. Was very polite. He was very informative. He took his time and did job correct first time. Appeared to be very knowledgeable. I Would recommend this to anyone. Value is good. He was polite to my dog. His work was neat.

Vector Security Company Information

1970
2000 Ericsson Drive
Warrendale
PA
www.vectorsecurity.com

Media

AWARDS & CREDENTIALS
2016 SSI Installer of the Year (Large Company)