Call toll free
4.88/5
Based on 3,540 ratings submitted in the last year

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Ranked #4 among the top home security system providers in the United States, recognized as #1 in security by SDM Magazine and the 2016 Installer of the Year by SSI magazine. Vector Security® provides security and home automation systems to nearly 300,000 homes, businesses, and multi-site enterprises. With services tailored to fit each customer's needs, we offer everything from alarm monitoring and video surveillance to personal emergency response and energy management.

Vector Security Gallery (6)
2016 SSI Installer of the Year (Large Company)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More
Get your FREE quote now

9311 Vector Security Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 19, 2019

I have use Vector Security for many many years. They are a great company with friendly and knowledgeable staff. Today Dave did an outstanding job to diagnose and repair the problem with my driveway camera. He was courteous, neat, professional, and extremely cooperative and friendly. He is an asset to your company. I would rate my experience always with Vector as outstanding.

Original review: June 19, 2019

Very pleased with the install. The technician Rod was professional, friendly and knowledgeable. I am very pleased. Took his time and explained how to operate the alarm and the alarm.com app. Definitely would recommend Vector Security to my friends and family based on today's experience!

Original review: June 19, 2019

I have been a very satisfied Vector customer for many years and I was very excited to find out that the doorbell video feature had been added. The entire process from calling to schedule the appointment to the installation and set up was a very professional and courteous experience. I would suggest Vector to my family and friends. I feel so safe knowing that I have Vector Security for my family and home!

Original review: June 19, 2019

Service was great, installation technician Curtis was excellent, friendly, and knowledgeable about the equipment; including the panel and app usage. He walked me through each piece of equipment and made sure I was well informed before leaving. I would recommend him anytime.

Original review: June 19, 2019

Reliability, dependability, Customer support and track record. Mary and her team are the best in this industry. Every step of the way, from consulting to installation, this team was readily available at all times to answer any questions we had. They walked us through everything, with patience and understanding. This company’s employees are extremely knowledgeable with all aspects of our security system, we are very grateful.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vector Security?

Original review: June 19, 2019

We’ve had a Vector system for 19 years and have been very happy with service and professionalism of staff. Very few problems with the system over the years. Had a great service experience with Dale ** today in troubleshooting a defective sensor.

Original review: June 18, 2019

Someone actually came to my house. She was very nice and very knowledgeable about the security system. She was also very patient. It was an easy process. The only reason we are disconnecting our services is that we are moving. I will be back as soon as we get settled in.

Original review: June 18, 2019

When I was setting the alarm for the night, the control pad informed me that a window was open. Window washers had been at my home that day. I checked and didn't see an open window. I called the signal center and they connected me to technician who was on night duty. I was happy that they had a technician to tell me how to bypass that window and to set up an appointment for a technician to come within two days. The technician came on time and repaired the contact. He checked other batteries, including those in my smoke alarms and installed a third smoke alarm. I was happy how thorough the technician was and a feel that the problem was solved successfully.

Original review: June 18, 2019

I chose it because I had just moved to the area. It now proves to cost too much as I move forward an out of the houses. I now have an WiFi based security system. I had wonderful customer services since I I became a customer back in 2012.

Original review: June 18, 2019

I requested Vector Security after going through a divorce, leaving my home and wanting to feel safe living alone for the first time in my life. My research confirmed Vector Security has secured large fortune 500 companies thus I knew my home would be safe as well. I am moved to another apartment this week thus my security system moved with me and the installation process was just as seamless, fast and efficient as the first installation. I look forward to continuing with Vector Security even when I build my million dollar home and beyond!

Also, Mattie at the corporate office held my hand and walked me through my first reinstallation process, explained my bill again in detail and listened to me intently about any concerns I may have had. Thanks again Dan ** (Vector Security Technician) for your “best-in-class” service and for explaining everything to me in detail! I added the push button deadbolt today (see the attached picture) thus I now feel even more liberated and confident in this earthly realm!

Original review: June 18, 2019

Agata was great and provided the information requested very promptly! She was pleasant to communicate to and willing to help. Would recommend her to others and think she is a great asset to the company. She definitely deserves a 5 star rating!

Original review: June 18, 2019

Very good, he was professional neat and friendly. Rod did a very good job and I hope he follows through tomorrow for the replacement part that the problem. So far I am very happy with Vector security and staffs. Thank you.

Original review: June 18, 2019

I had a wonderful experience with Vector and excellent. Nick was great. He was on time, cleaned up behind himself, professional, and courteous. He was. Patient with working around my customers as well. THE CAMERAS ARE WORKING WONDERFUL! And the video recorder works fine as well. Overall, I am pleased with Vector Security.

Original review: June 18, 2019

Been a member of the Vector family for almost 30 years! Always on time. Always calls before arriving. Always very professional and knowledgeable. Has helped in just fixing the problem but also troubleshooting any issues and making sure the system is operating at 100%. Answered all my questions and if he didn't know the answer was able to call and get me the answer before he left.

Original review: June 18, 2019

The technician Eli was very knowledgeable & clear in his explanations. There was a goodly amount that was covered without a pause & in terms that I could understand. I will not remember all that was said but assured us we could call at any time to review information.

Original review: June 18, 2019

I am an insurance agent and I needed a Alarm certificate. Agata was professional, pleasant and knowledgeable. She was a perfect example of what an employee should be. She made my experience a pleasant one when it could have been a trying one.

Original review: June 18, 2019

The alarm system was already in the home upon moving into the property so decided to give the installing company a call to see if it could be used again. The system has been doing well only thing time that had a problem once a kitchen motion detector battery ran low. Other than that the alarm had been ok. Had recent service from Dexter and he was very thorough at explaining the repair needed for the security system.

Original review: June 18, 2019

Currently a home systems customer. Have had good experience with Vector overall with servicing and installation. All staff at Gahanna location have been professional, prompt and easy to work with. Would recommend to any homeowner or business owner with security system needs.

Original review: June 18, 2019

I received a letter in the mail and we was interested in security. Frank got ahold of me and was a great experience talking with him. Very Professional. Installation went great. Nathan Was very professional and knowledgeable about the products Vector offers. I definitely recommend Vector Security for everybody.

Original review: June 18, 2019

Our installer was awesome! He explained all the various options so we could make good choices for our home. He then further explained the app and all its options. Installation was quick and tidy. Appointment was on time. Tech was polite and friendly.

Original review: June 18, 2019

Nick showed up and installed the camera doorbell and did a great professional job, explained how the doorbell worked and answered all my questions. Thanks Nick for a job well done!!! I Have been Vector Security for almost a year and I have never felt safer in my home. Thanks Vector Security!!!

Original review: June 18, 2019

When I bought my house, it came with an alarm service called Nightowl. When I had the service reactivated for me (as opposed to the previous owner) the company had changed to Vector Security. I liked Vector Security so I accepted it. My experience has been great over the 20 plus years.

Original review: June 18, 2019

I choose Vector because of a faulty sensor. Technician Terry was timely. He fixed the window sensor. He explain to me of the company different contracts you have to offer. Terry is very knowledgeable and cordial. He showed me the proper way of changing sensors. Thank you for the opportunity to fill out this survey.

Original review: June 17, 2019

Today we had our security system/cameras installed. Rob did a phenomenal job installing everything in a timely manner. He works very meticulous and no messes are left behind. If you are in need of a home/business security system, Rob is the guy to trust. I would definitely recommend his services.

Original review: June 17, 2019

I had an existing system with Vector and I was in need of a camera system to watch over our place while we traveled. The salesman Rick was very professional in his presentation. The technician Nathan was great. He was very knowledgeable and meticulous with his work. I couldn’t be more happy with the installation. Highly recommend Vector Security!!!!

Original review: June 17, 2019

I have had service for five years and recently had representative review my system. At that time, I decided on new sensors and upon review I selected a service contract also. The representative returned and the upgraded service was installed quickly and efficiently. He also installed new outdoor signs. My wife and I were pleased.

Original review: June 17, 2019

Technician was great. Here on time, explained everything and got new sensor installed in a timely manner. I would recommend Vector to my friends. I will also recommend Vector Security to my family. I am thinking about getting a doorbell camera soon and I will be calling Vector Security to talk to them about it when that time comes.

Original review: June 17, 2019

Alarm system has been in house 15+ years and needed upgrading. Process to get that done was quick, simple, and efficient. Couldn't ask for a better way of getting things done. Extremely happy with the quality of equipment installed. Cameras have an amazing quality and clear pictures.

Original review: June 17, 2019

I’m happy with the new system Curtis installed for me, he was on time, professional, and did a great job. He also did a great job explaining my new system to me and teaching me how to use it and the app on my phone. The sales person Nicole was very knowledgeable and did an excellent job explaining what I was getting. I am very happy with both of them.

Original review: June 17, 2019

Vector Security's service is very good. I am very satisfied with their products and I have no complaints. The people in the central station were very helpful when I had problems with my motion detector. They arranged for me to get a technician and one came immediately and fixed the problem. I would highly recommend Vector Security.

Vector Security Company Information