1.27/5
Based on 305 reviews that contain star ratings

476 Thermador Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 25, 2018

Bought $30,000 worth of Thermador appliances and was told we qualified for a rebate by NECO Rebates who processes for the dealer (Ferguson Enterprises).

After literally ten tries to submit the rebate and being told every time we weren't eligible or our dealer didn't exist, I contacted NECO who confirmed I was eligible and gave me instructions on how to correct the issues. It didn't work. I've emailed NECO repeatedly and just emailed Thermador. If I even hear back (based on what I see here, doubtful), I expect to be told "sorry" we can't help you. So far the appliances work fine, but based on other reviews I wonder how long that will last. Very poor process for very expensive products. I agree with the other reviewer who said they deliberately make it hard to get the rebate hoping everyone will give up. Should have gone with Miele.

Original review: March 22, 2018

I build my kitchen around Thermador appliances... I received my range in December. It kept turning off after 10 min could not use self clean etc. Tech came out to fix...but after coming 3 times with no success my place of purchase decided to replace the whole range. I received a new 60 inch range 2017 model. They dropped it off without installing the unit...so I had someone come who I paid to do install. After install I was getting a "cooling fan error". I had tech come again and he arrived after his second visit. He arrived with wrong part.

A week later arrived again with wrong part...then called to say he would have to come back because he wasn't able to move unit by himself. Now another appointment a week later. He arrived with a pump to lift oven but wasn't strong enough to lift it...so lucky I was there. I helped him move the oven to install cooling fan. While oven was out I asked if he can pls raise the legs in the back about an inch so unit can be flush with tile. His response was "it's not my job." After all this and to say it's not my job was very annoying...so now he installs fan but I'm still receiving same error. I called again. They are sending same the same guy out with a helper.

The day of repairs I get a call saying his helper could not get out of his driveway due to snow...really...but I was able to leave house with the same area snow. Now it's end of March still no oven. 4 months without an oven to use and taking my wife's taken 10 days off work for them to come and fix. Horrible service. People whatever you do stay away from Thermador. I'm am now going to place of purchase and asking them to remove all Thermador stuff from my home. I will be buying Wolf and Sub-Zero. Not sure of the issues I will be having if any with them but it can't be worse than Thermador...worst customer service I have ever come across. Also I paid like 20k for this range. My old oven I believe was a Miele. I've had for 15 years without an issue. All I can say is stay far away.

Original review: March 9, 2018

Purchased a Thermador Microwave less than one year ago. Reported a burning smell on Feb 5th. Repair person arrived on Feb 7th, pulled it out of a cabinet and removed from casing to find a huge burn on the outside of the unit. As of March 9th, still have not received a replacement or an explanation for the cause of the fire after numerous calls, emails and complaints to the Corp office. Absolutely the worst customer service I have ever had to deal with.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

Cleaned dishes well but difficult to load. Was told racks were designed for European size dishes! Middle rack had to move as a unit either up or down, couldn't tilt it to accommodate dinner plates below on one side and tall glasses on opposite side of middle rack.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

We built a new house and bought $25,000 worth of Thermador appliances. We were promised a $5,000 rebate for our purchase. You can't imagine the headache to get our rebate. It took eight months and hours of phone calls and emails. They purposely make impossible so that most people give up and don't receive their rebate. I would never ever buy Thermador ever again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Thermador?

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

I purchased my Thermador range in August 2013, I also purchase an extended warranty because it was so expensive $10k+. There was a problem since day 1, they sent me technician after technician after technician and still I can't cook for my family. The range never worked correctly and each technician has changed parts and still nothing. My extended warranty only has 1 company that can service a Thermador appliance and they can't fix it. What is the use to buy something that's supposed to be 'top of the line' if it doesn't work and there isn't a lot of repair companies that are "Certified" to fix it - because it's a top of the line appliance.

Don't buy Thermador!!! My neighbor has a cheap range and is always cooking... I didn't read reviews before I purchased my range, I thought I was buying the best of the best. Hopefully my review will save another family from the hell I've been through.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2017

We just bought and installed a Thermador Star-Sapphire dishwasher. It has been installed less than a week. I came out to the kitchen to find a big piece of rubber gasket that had fallen out of it on the floor beside it. This was less than 5days of Usage. I don't think a 2k dishwasher should be falling apart this soon? Do You? I read a review on AJ Madison something about a faulty seal?

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

We purchased a Thermador oven 2 years ago and it hasn't been working properly from the very beginning. We have gotten gas smell coming from the oven. Thermador has either come out to fix it or sent a subcontractor to fix it now 3 times. Each time the technician's instruments register an of gas. The technician's suggestions range from altering the settings inside to replacing parts to replacing the oven door. It originally took 3 attempts to install it properly. When first being installed, the hood was attached partially to my ceiling but the installers informed me that it wasn't their job to install the exhaust hood. Why would I need to contact Thermador specifically to have the hood installed, when I obviously purchased both? Last week I noticed the gas smell again as I was cooking bacon in the oven. I took the bacon out and clearly half the bacon was cooked and the other half was very underdone.

The next day was Thanksgiving and the same happened with the turkey. I took photos, one leg was still bloody and rawish looking while the other leg was completely done. Plus there was a strong gas odor so I know something wasn't igniting in the oven again. This has been going on since we purchased the oven. I called technical support and they informed me they couldn't get a repair person out until January, and it's November right now. The thing has never worked properly, they have some nerve telling me they can't come out and fix it until January. So they gave me the number of the subcontractor they refer people to and I called them several days ago. I had to leave a message. The next day I received a call that my information would be sent to the technician who would call me to schedule and I have not as of yet heard back, 3 days later. I will absolutely never deal with this company again.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

I have a 48 inch professional Thermador Range. Model # PG486GEBS/12. It came with the house when we purchased it. The house was new construction in 2007. Since the first year that we have had it, it has broken 14 different times and we have spent nearly $8,000 repairing it. The burners have broken a number of times. They wouldn't light at all. I've replaced the simmer kits at least 5 times. The oven has also broken at least 5 times. Needed spark modules. Then there was the oven door latch that locked itself 4 times. I've needed control board kits at least 2 times as well. It's a dual oven. It would turn itself off and not heat or it would not ignite at all. The burners on top would short out all of the time. I work full time and if we use the burners or the oven twice a week, that would be a lot.

I finally got wise and called Thermador and they were awful and unhelpful. Last year, they did replace the parts for the burners for free but it took months for me to get them to actually send the parts. I had to provide more documentation than the Warren Commission had on JFK's assassination. This time around, the oven is broken again and needs an $800 repair. They offered to send me replacement parts for 50% of the cost, even though we have had nothing but problems. I declined their offer and am ripping this piece of garbage out of my house. They do not stand behind their products and the people that repair this appliance have stopped selling Thermador products completely. They look nice but are garbage. Do not spend the money on their "ranges".

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

Received a recall notice on Dishwasher. Aside from taking a month for a replacement part to arrive, and having the tech not show up even after he called in the AM saying he'd be there between 2-4 PM, the wait time to talk with anyone is usually over 40 minutes. Not sure who the CEO is but he/she should be fired based upon the number of poor reviews. (And I'm a former president of two publically traded companies.) Total ineptitude. Sad that a great company has gone downhill so poorly.

Thermador Company Information