1.27/5
Based on 303 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

474 Thermador Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

We bought Thermador appliances for our kitchen when we remodeled at the year 2010. We expect these luxury appliances can last long long time because they are all built-in units. First, we received damage refrigerator aluminum panel at the beginning that we need to hold the installation to wait for replacement. It took almost all day to install the refrigerator. Three years ago, the motors need to be replaced. It took half day to replace because you need special tool and only have very limited space to work. Now, we have the 2nd failure of microwave in last two years and We were told the microwave is not repairable. It is almost $6,000 because it is one unit with the oven. As an owner experience of Thermador, the quality is not you can trust. Do not be fooled by their pictures or promotion. Their quality is very LOW.

Original review: July 26, 2018

I purchased $20K in Thermador kitchen and BBQ appliances in 2012. Products are attractive and appear well built and have generally performed OK, but "Customer Care" has been consistently terrible. The cooktop hood collects oil in a tray which leaked oil and stained our granite backsplash. After two service calls we fixed it ourselves, but too late for our backsplash - see a similar earlier posting also on this site (This is a simple design fix which any design engineering student could identify and remedy). Refrig unit failed recently after six years, and is still under warranty for parts.

However, Thermador has no authorized refrig service provider covering this area (where we purchased from their dealer) and will not provide warranty parts to a non-authorized servicer. The BBQ unit does not distribute gas evenly and one side is always much hotter than the other. The Bosch dishwasher works well but retains a residual food odor - it's stainless steel but plastic parts seem hold the odor. We haven't bothered to approach Thermador on this. Thermador quality is way under part, and the company is very poorly run with respect to customer experience and satisfaction.

I live in one of the fastest growing upscale communities in Southern California - one would think service availability for this area would be a priority. Nope. I have always been polite and respectful in my calls to Thermador - the first level staff is polite and tries to be helpful, but supervision and management has been curt and annoyed with my requests for help. Wish I had found this site prior to our purchase - we surely would have gone elsewhere, and you should too.

Get expert buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 24, 2018

I purchased 3 Thermador appliances in 2015 when I remodeled my first Thermador kitchen, which I LOVED. First: the new wall oven, model MED271JS, the narrowest oven they make at 27" wide, does not heat properly. It beeps that it has reached the set temp., but actually is 50 degrees (more or less) below the set temp. Baking cookies is a crap shoot as to whether they will be flat, indicating too low an oven temp. and that is what I usually get...flat cookies. I have not been able to consistently correct this problem. Roasting is also unpredictable. I have ruined many of very expensive meals due to the temp problem.

I have had our local Thermador repair people out 3-4 times to address the inconsistent heating problem. They were unable to correct the issue and told me that new ovens now take longer (up to 30 minutes) to preheat an oven, and that this oven was operating as it should. Also, the oven cannot be set to start at a later time. It does have a Sabbath mode, but that has to be scheduled the day before I want to start up the oven, which for me is useless. So the oven does not heat properly and has no TIME BAKE setting. I will not purchase a Thermador product for my new house that we are building.

Second: the cooktop SGSX365FS, cooks beautifully. Temps are easy to control, but cleaning is a bear. The star shaped burners make cleaning far more difficult than round ones, but the shape does cover the bottom of pots better than round ones. And the glass plate under the knobs is not sealed to the cooktop, and is not removable to clean spills that flow underneath it! Now there is thoughtful engineering. I use a pipe cleaner to sort of clean the under surface. Lastly, the micro-convection microwave-oven combination unit, model MCES, works as expected. We often use it to bake small meals and the temp is far more predictable than in the main oven... It does not bake bakery very well but that is not recommended by Thermador. My first Thermador kitchen was beautiful and fabulous to use. Current Thermador products are sorely lacking. Sad.

Original review: July 20, 2018

Absolutely stunned at the extreme cost of this and the poor quality of the product. Thermador positions their products as being high-end and good quality, but their products including this freezer are the worst quality I have experienced. The freezer was brand new three months ago but wouldn't come out of "demo" mode which meant we couldn't use it. They had to send their repairman to come out and take it out of demo mode. He did that and then it turned on but the freezer doesn't get cold enough (meaning liquid ice cream), alarm keeps going of even when the doors are closed, and the ice maker and water system don't work. I called customer service again and they sent a repair guy. He tried some things but couldn't get it all to work so he said he had to leave for his next appointment so suggested we try something else ourself and if that didn't work it'd have to be replaced.

Guess what? Still didn't work. (And him leaving without resolving it should give you some idea of the customer service support you can expect.) Even after numerous repair appointments, it's still not functioning and never has. It's brand new and we have a warranty on it and bought the extended warranty too (since they are so expensive.) Their customer service team has literally been zero help continuing to tell me that they will get back to me "with a decision" from management within 48 hours. A decision on what? --Whether or not they are willing to replace it or if they are going to send another repair person. I've heard that line every few days for almost two months. I've been without a working freezer since it was installed three months ago.

After calling to check on the decision, they continue to say they will let management know I called and get back to me with a "decision in 48 hours." They are a company that has no intention of honoring their warranties or in providing great quality products like they try to position them as. They don't work, their repair team is not knowledgeable and the customer service team will give you the runaround. Absolutely NOT worth the cost. I will never buy one of their products again.

Original review: June 15, 2018

Spend over $5000 on a fridge, spend several hundred to repair it and waste numerous hours waiting for servicing. Spend months dealing with them on the phone listening to the same scripted responses from different people (since they will not discuss anything with you via email) and finally be told that for a few thousand dollars more they will replace the unit. AVOID this company at all costs.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Thermador?

Original review: June 15, 2018

After being a happy Wolf user for many years, I purchased Thermador appliances looking to save some money. Big Mistake. The equipment didn't work since installation and was told I have to wait 3-4 weeks for a replacement to get to Puerto Rico from Miami. I called yesterday for an update and was told the replacement will travel from Germany to Miami, and then Miami to Puerto Rico. Who knows how long this will take?! I can still not review the range because I can't use it without the vent hood. Very disappointed and mad at myself for purchasing this brand.

Original review: May 3, 2018

I bought a house that had a 4 burner Thermador gas cooktop. It was bad enough that the handles were so close to the burners that you risked burning yourself. But the burners are so close to the handles that they actually set the handles on fire. I had a pot of water for pasta on the cooktop. I turned around to chop some vegetables, when I looked back two of the knobs were on fire and shooting flames about 10 inches into the air. Obviously I could not turn off the burner since it was on fire, which was terrifying. I was able to smother the flames inverting a cast iron skillet over the flames. If you encounter one of these, get rid of it asap. They are very unsafe.

Original review: April 27, 2018

New home and 25k worth of brand new Thermador appliances. Dishwasher has not worked since day one. We have had three service calls, parts replaced, and it still doesn’t clean. Various excuses from Thermador. At one point they said, "Don’t wash the crud off your dishes before you put them in... It works better on dirty dishes." The reason we wash them off before putting them in is because it doesn’t work. They have refused to replace. We have escalated to management - a lady who claimed her name was Vanessa said there was nothing they could do as the last Thermador technician couldn’t find anything wrong.

That technician never put dirty dishes in it and ran a cycle. He simply didn’t see any error codes. We have owned 3 other dishwashers the last 18 years in three different houses. All of them have been Whirlpool and we have never had one problem. Won’t be buying any more Thermador appliances of any kind because if they don’t work... They won’t stand behind them. More money for the Thermador brand does not buy you better customer service and support. We are paying half of what we paid for this 6 month old brand new Thermador that has never cleaned a load of dishes for another Whirlpool. Thermador is pathetic.

Original review: March 25, 2018 Bought $30,000 worth of Thermador appliances and was told we qualified for a rebate by NECO Rebates who processes for the dealer (Ferguson Enterprises).

After literally ten tries to submit the rebate and being told every time we weren't eligible or our dealer didn't exist, I contacted NECO who confirmed I was eligible and gave me instructions on how to correct the issues. It didn't work. I've emailed NECO repeatedly and just emailed Thermador. If I even hear back (based on what I see here, doubtful), I expect to be told "sorry" we can't help you. So far the appliances work fine, but based on other reviews I wonder how long that will last. Very poor process for very expensive products. I agree with the other reviewer who said they deliberately make it hard to get the rebate hoping everyone will give up. Should have gone with Miele.

Original review: March 22, 2018

I build my kitchen around Thermador appliances... I received my range in December. It kept turning off after 10 min could not use self clean etc. Tech came out to fix...but after coming 3 times with no success my place of purchase decided to replace the whole range. I received a new 60 inch range 2017 model. They dropped it off without installing the unit...so I had someone come who I paid to do install. After install I was getting a "cooling fan error". I had tech come again and he arrived after his second visit. He arrived with wrong part.

A week later arrived again with wrong part...then called to say he would have to come back because he wasn't able to move unit by himself. Now another appointment a week later. He arrived with a pump to lift oven but wasn't strong enough to lift it...so lucky I was there. I helped him move the oven to install cooling fan. While oven was out I asked if he can pls raise the legs in the back about an inch so unit can be flush with tile. His response was "it's not my job." After all this and to say it's not my job was very annoying...so now he installs fan but I'm still receiving same error. I called again. They are sending same the same guy out with a helper.

The day of repairs I get a call saying his helper could not get out of his driveway due to snow...really...but I was able to leave house with the same area snow. Now it's end of March still no oven. 4 months without an oven to use and taking my wife's taken 10 days off work for them to come and fix. Horrible service. People whatever you do stay away from Thermador. I'm am now going to place of purchase and asking them to remove all Thermador stuff from my home. I will be buying Wolf and Sub-Zero. Not sure of the issues I will be having if any with them but it can't be worse than Thermador...worst customer service I have ever come across. Also I paid like 20k for this range. My old oven I believe was a Miele. I've had for 15 years without an issue. All I can say is stay far away.

Original review: March 9, 2018

Purchased a Thermador Microwave less than one year ago. Reported a burning smell on Feb 5th. Repair person arrived on Feb 7th, pulled it out of a cabinet and removed from casing to find a huge burn on the outside of the unit. As of March 9th, still have not received a replacement or an explanation for the cause of the fire after numerous calls, emails and complaints to the Corp office. Absolutely the worst customer service I have ever had to deal with.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

Cleaned dishes well but difficult to load. Was told racks were designed for European size dishes! Middle rack had to move as a unit either up or down, couldn't tilt it to accommodate dinner plates below on one side and tall glasses on opposite side of middle rack.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

We built a new house and bought $25,000 worth of Thermador appliances. We were promised a $5,000 rebate for our purchase. You can't imagine the headache to get our rebate. It took eight months and hours of phone calls and emails. They purposely make impossible so that most people give up and don't receive their rebate. I would never ever buy Thermador ever again.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018 I purchased my Thermador range in August 2013, I also purchase an extended warranty because it was so expensive $10k+. There was a problem since day 1, they sent me technician after technician after technician and still I can't cook for my family. The range never worked correctly and each technician has changed parts and still nothing. My extended warranty only has 1 company that can service a Thermador appliance and they can't fix it. What is the use to buy something that's supposed to be 'top of the line' if it doesn't work and there isn't a lot of repair companies that are "Certified" to fix it - because it's a top of the line appliance.

Don't buy Thermador!!! My neighbor has a cheap range and is always cooking... I didn't read reviews before I purchased my range, I thought I was buying the best of the best. Hopefully my review will save another family from the hell I've been through.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2017

We just bought and installed a Thermador Star-Sapphire dishwasher. It has been installed less than a week. I came out to the kitchen to find a big piece of rubber gasket that had fallen out of it on the floor beside it. This was less than 5days of Usage. I don't think a 2k dishwasher should be falling apart this soon? Do You? I read a review on AJ Madison something about a faulty seal?

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

We purchased a Thermador oven 2 years ago and it hasn't been working properly from the very beginning. We have gotten gas smell coming from the oven. Thermador has either come out to fix it or sent a subcontractor to fix it now 3 times. Each time the technician's instruments register an of gas. The technician's suggestions range from altering the settings inside to replacing parts to replacing the oven door. It originally took 3 attempts to install it properly. When first being installed, the hood was attached partially to my ceiling but the installers informed me that it wasn't their job to install the exhaust hood. Why would I need to contact Thermador specifically to have the hood installed, when I obviously purchased both? Last week I noticed the gas smell again as I was cooking bacon in the oven. I took the bacon out and clearly half the bacon was cooked and the other half was very underdone.

The next day was Thanksgiving and the same happened with the turkey. I took photos, one leg was still bloody and rawish looking while the other leg was completely done. Plus there was a strong gas odor so I know something wasn't igniting in the oven again. This has been going on since we purchased the oven. I called technical support and they informed me they couldn't get a repair person out until January, and it's November right now. The thing has never worked properly, they have some nerve telling me they can't come out and fix it until January. So they gave me the number of the subcontractor they refer people to and I called them several days ago. I had to leave a message. The next day I received a call that my information would be sent to the technician who would call me to schedule and I have not as of yet heard back, 3 days later. I will absolutely never deal with this company again.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

I have a 48 inch professional Thermador Range. Model # PG486GEBS/12. It came with the house when we purchased it. The house was new construction in 2007. Since the first year that we have had it, it has broken 14 different times and we have spent nearly $8,000 repairing it. The burners have broken a number of times. They wouldn't light at all. I've replaced the simmer kits at least 5 times. The oven has also broken at least 5 times. Needed spark modules. Then there was the oven door latch that locked itself 4 times. I've needed control board kits at least 2 times as well. It's a dual oven. It would turn itself off and not heat or it would not ignite at all. The burners on top would short out all of the time. I work full time and if we use the burners or the oven twice a week, that would be a lot.

I finally got wise and called Thermador and they were awful and unhelpful. Last year, they did replace the parts for the burners for free but it took months for me to get them to actually send the parts. I had to provide more documentation than the Warren Commission had on JFK's assassination. This time around, the oven is broken again and needs an $800 repair. They offered to send me replacement parts for 50% of the cost, even though we have had nothing but problems. I declined their offer and am ripping this piece of garbage out of my house. They do not stand behind their products and the people that repair this appliance have stopped selling Thermador products completely. They look nice but are garbage. Do not spend the money on their "ranges".

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

Received a recall notice on Dishwasher. Aside from taking a month for a replacement part to arrive, and having the tech not show up even after he called in the AM saying he'd be there between 2-4 PM, the wait time to talk with anyone is usually over 40 minutes. Not sure who the CEO is but he/she should be fired based upon the number of poor reviews. (And I'm a former president of two publically traded companies.) Total ineptitude. Sad that a great company has gone downhill so poorly.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

Our Thermador range needed parts and now we are finding out Thermador does not keep parts past 7 years. Apparently they don't expect their products to last more than 7 years or they just force their customers to have to buy another expensive item to replace it. Thermador should be ashamed of themselves and customers need to seriously think about purchasing a product they can not service after 7 years! We learned the hard way and now have to reinvest $12,000 for a range!

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

I purchased a 48" steam/range in 2013. I have experienced trouble with the gasket around the steam oven. While it was under warranty it was repaired several times. Each time within a short amount of time the rubber gasket came loose. Now they will not stand behind it. Earlier this year, they agreed to pay for the part but not the labor to install it. They know this is an issue. I went to Pacific Sales and looked at the new like range and the new unused one already had a loose gasket. This is very disappointing as I have close to $16,000 into the cost of this range. I am very surprised that there is no class action lawsuit regarding this problem. As I see it the oven is stainless steel and the gasket is rubber of some sort and there is no way of adhering the two together. I would not recommend this steam/oven combo!

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

We bought a flat cook Electric oven double, high price, and a dishwasher. When installed, did not work, new set of kitchen appliances. We call Thermador to fix it. No help available. We called Best Buy store Pacific section, no help. Poor support, non-professional customer service. We don’t recommend this brand. Poor company. Stay away from it, high price, poor brand and service.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

We bought a 48-inch Thermador range hood which is the worst that we've ever used. If you look at my backsplash pictures, you would understand why I am complaining - it is almost useless. We contacted the customer service and they stopped by. While their assessment was the range hood was just fine, the oily backsplash was just that we cooked too much. They refused to fix it.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

I was saddened when I finally went to look at the reviews on Thermador; THE REVIEWS ON ALL PRODUCTS ARE ALL POOR. DO NOT BUY ANY THERMADOR PRODUCT, YOU WILL REGRET IT. I bought a dual fuel range Model #PRD486EDHU/01 with a dishwasher. I could go on for some time about the many shortcomings of this equipment, here is the short list: expensive electronics are UNDER THE BURNERS, WHERE SPILLS LEAK ONTO, then it takes weeks and $1000s to repair. When one part fails, the whole system is out of commission. There are blowers that blow a strong stream of air away from the front of the stove. This blows all the smoke from inside the ovens out into the room where it cannot be removed by the hood. The Burner design extremely difficult to clean up spills.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

Will try to keep this as short as possible but so much has happened... Our 8 year old Thermador Freedom Collection freezer stopped working. Called Thermador Customer Service and it has been a 7 week (so far) debacle of 5 different service calls (each time required me or my husband to stay home during a 5 hour window), about 20 calls to their service department trying to track down answers, appointment times, etc. The wrong parts were ordered, then the wrong parts were sent, correct parts were back-ordered, then those parts were incorrect due to wrong drawing on their website the technician uses to order parts. Never any returned phone calls, constant waiting on hold to find answers. ZERO communications between technician and their call center. Nobody seems to know what’s going on. Finally after 6 weeks, the correct part was installed and freezer appears to be working but now the door doesn't close properly since technician left.

It’s letting out all the cold air and causing condensation to build because door won't seal shut. Demanded a new tech come as I've lost faith in the first one and the new guy tells me the hinges now need to be replaced. On a freezer that hasn't been opened or used for 7 weeks. Door worked fine until their technician tinkered with it over 3 times. They will take no responsibility and now want to charge me an additional $800 to replace the hinges. Which worked PERFECTLY FINE until their tech was here. Absolute nightmare that has cost both my husband and I hours of our time, waiting at home for technicians, waiting on hold for help. DO NOT BUY THERMADOR OR ANY BSH APPLIANCE. It’s all the same company with the same customer service number... Disaster!!!

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

We recently bought a Thermador cooktop that comes with a downdraft exhaust. This was around the end of June 2017. The Range fit in fine, however the exhaust piece was broken and did not work, so they said they would order a replacement for us. We waited for the next piece for more than two months to come in. After which the company would give excuse after excuse about the piece not coming in or the installer not being available. After which the installer finally came, early October. And again the piece was faulty and did not fit nor did it work. Now after talking to customer service multiple times, they keep giving excuses and apologies, telling us to wait a few weeks for the installer to come out. In addition, have not tried to remedy the service by offering us any prompt service and refuse to offer any alternative cooktop/range set. The set cost $2000+ and we have been without the exhaust for three months now.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

We bought Thermador appliances throughout four years ago when re-modeling our kitchen. Never again. Thermador is junk, it's priced two or three times what a "normal" appliances cost, and they don't last as long as a typical Hotpoint. Our double wall ovens, model PODC302, ($5,700) have had temperature-accuracy problems after a year of use. We've had thermostats replaced. We will likely need the control panel to be replaced (that's $1,500). The ovens currently either heat to 500+ degrees when set to 250-300 or they don't heat at all, ruining another holiday dinner.

Our microwave, model MBES, ($1,500) has a door-open button made out of taffy -- replaced twice so far and failing again. The dishwasher works, and the $11,000 built-in fridge/freezer only required two service calls to work properly. So far. So that's 50% of the stuff that doesn't work. Never, ever buy Thermador. Their products are astronomically-priced trash, their support is nonexistent, and their replacement part costs are straight out of the Porsche parts-pricing school. Live and learn.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE IN THE HISTORY OF CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! I will NEVER recommend Thermador or Bosch to ANYONE! We have replaced the same parts repeatedly. It’s been a piece of junk since day one. Back in 2007, they contacted us and gave us a pro-rated purchase price of a new unit-my hubs was laid off so we could make the purchase. I just contacted them again as we are faced with $1200 in new repairs-20% off of their junky parts was how they wanted to fix a problem that has literally cost my family thousands of dollars. We have continually had a repairman out every year to fix problems. I guess they would rather have us spend $7000 with Wolf or Viking than throw us a bone.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2017

4 year old ovens. We have been having problems baking and cooking things in the ovens. Seemed inconsistent. Supposedly quality product but finally clued in that we should check the temperature. So we checked set to 350. Oven heats and beeps and says it's 350 but it's only 275. Do same 400. Beeps goes to 350. Not consistent and gauge lies. Called Thermador. Said they would send a tech. No mention of a fee until 1 week wait and 10 minutes before arrival. Pay $120 plus $60/15 minutes. Turns out not even the first 5 minutes was included... Cheesy. So he determined the ovens are fine as they turn on. Called Thermador. They say they will eventually creep to a higher temperature. Nothing they can do.

Useless ovens as they heat to different temperatures and different settings and the gauges are not correct and seems they are cheating on when the temperature is at its set level. Never thought we would have this issue with what we thought was a quality brand and am very disappointed with their lack of wanting to take any responsibility. Absolutely will never buy a Thermador product again and will enjoy telling others to avoid it.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2017

We purchased a brand new Thermador Range based on the fact that we've owned one in the past and loved it. Since we moved into our brand new house, the oven has not worked. They have sent a tech out four times to repair it and it has been three months and we still do not have a working oven. They have finally agreed to replace the oven but can't tell us when we will receive it. This company has horrible customer service and could not simply apologize and offer any sort of compensation for the inconvenience.

We will never again purchase Thermador products based on their inadequate customer service skills. I finally spoke with a supervisor named Marie who said that she could send me a cutting board for my inconvenience. Do yourself a favor and purchase a Wolf Range rather than Thermador. We have a Subzero refrigerator and that company called to review how we like our fridge, what was our experience like and is there anything they could do to improve their service. That's a company who truly cares and understands how to be successful. From now on I will only purchase Wolf/Subzero appliances.

Original review: July 24, 2017

I purchased a pro style Thermador range/oven in 2008. It worked 2 years. Beginning in 2010, I've replaced the ignitor every year, at a cost of almost $400. I expected this range to work since I paid about 10 times more than I would have for an average range. I will never buy another Thermador ANYTHING. The company that services the oven does excellent work. It's not them. It's THERMADOR.

Thermador Company Information

www.thermador.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business