Save on Appliance Repairs

With the Best Home Warranty

Compare Quotes

496 Thermador Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 16, 2019

After much research we purchased a higher end stove which at the time we paid over $6000 for. We remodeled an old farmhouse and built the kitchen around the stove. Soon after we had it we had to have a few service calls but that was no big deal. Now only four of the burners work and we called out a Thermador service tech who informed us they no longer make parts to fix it.

I called the Thermador factory and talked with customer service who also stated they no longer made parts and told us "we were out of luck" and the stove is 19 years old. That is unacceptable to me. The attitude I received was shameful. Just because an appliance is nineteen years old should not make it obsolete. I assure you I will never purchase any Thermador product in my lifetime and I will ensure any family member will NOT purchase one either. It is hard for me to believe that that just quit making parts and it is not only for my model either, it is for numerous models they misrepresented when they sold them.

Original review: April 16, 2019

I wouldn’t give them negative stars, if possible. I’ve been trying to get a microwave repaired for over 3 months. First it took forever to get someone out because over the half the service techs Thermador listed did not actually serve in my area. Found out I needed two parts which I ordered through Thermador. Was told both parts were available. One part came in mid-March. Second part never showed up. Followed up and was told other part is not available (after being told twice it was available). Now 5 weeks later, want to send first part back and am told there will be 25% restocking fee. I told them I’m only sending it back because 2nd part is no longer made. They said management would have to waive restocking fee. Followed up 4 times and no one will get back to me on returning the part. I can’t even describe how horrible the service has been. I have Thermador appliances and will never buy one again.

Get expert buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 4, 2019

We purchased the 36" professional range, with 4 burners and griddle in the middle, about 2 years ago and are fairly content. But the reason for the 2 stars is that for nearly $10,000 we should be completely satisfied. The light inside went out within about a year, we've had a few issues with the bake function (which Thermador took care of), but have also been dealing with a loud noise in the back for about a year.

Upon looking at the back, up top, right inside the vent area, it's apparent that the sheet metal they used wasn't installed flat. So basically there's a bulge that rattles, since it doesn't sit flush, and they used far too few rivets to secure it. For this amount of money it just doesn't seem right. Don't even get me started on the dishwasher, if you don't pre-clean dishes very very thoroughly, it will start giving you problems. My last GE dishwasher, which was just a few hundred dollars, ran like a champ without a problem - ever.

Original review: March 15, 2019

I purchased the side by side fridge and freezer in 2011. The ice maker immediately stopped working so it was replaced. The new ice maker would then jam up and cause me to take the drawer out and manually break up the ice. I've spent over $500 in repair costs to try to get this fixed and nobody has an answer. Now, 8 years after I bought it, I still have to pull the drawer out and manually break up the ice every couple of days. That's hundreds of times now since I bought it.

I get more annoyed each time I have to do it as you could imagine. I've contacted Thermador support multiple times on this matter. Each time they deny my request for action on their end. I've spent well over $25k on Thermador appliances. I'LL NEVER GIVE ANOTHER DOLLAR TO THIS COMPANY. Highly overrated and overpriced. Good riddance.

Original review: March 12, 2019

Brand new house unit was installed on the Monday Feb 25th/2019. I moved in on Friday March 1st/2019 - used it On Sunday March 3rd 2019 and was out of service by Monday March 4 2019 (that's once). Called Thermador Monday March 4th - received service Tuesday March 12th - only to find out it needs a part after one use and that will take a week - if they have the part!!! Impressed absolutely not, recommend absolutely not. The Customer Service Department does not understand "Customer Service" sassy attitude of rep. Told her I was not use to the lack of service as I previously owned Wolf and Miele products - my mistake. Stay away!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Thermador?

Original review: March 12, 2019

I scheduled a repair over a month ago to repair my dishwasher. I took the day off to meet the service repairman. I called to confirm on the day of the appointment and I was told that the service tech did not have the part I needed, so I had to reschedule for two weeks later. When I called today to confirm, Thermador had not lodged the service order correctly and the service repairman still did not have the part we needed. I took the day off of work again today. I had to reschedule again for over a week for the next service call. I have now been without a working dishwasher for almost two months. The lack of concern here is really upsetting and I am out time and money because of the ineptitude of the Thermador Service department. I would think twice before ordering a Thermador appliance.

Original review: March 5, 2019

Installed a Thermador Range and Hood in the kitchen 12 years ago. The remote blower for the hood stopped working. Appliance repairman could not get replacement part for blower. Called Thermador customer service to find out if current remote blower would be compatible with the hood. The woman said I would have to ask a technician then hung up. I expected her to know or have access to a technician or engineer to find out.

Original review: March 2, 2019

I spent over 25k for all of my appliances which include a Bosch Dishwasher, Thermador Convection Oven, and Thermador side by side refrigerator. Everyone of my appliances has either had a recall or failed. If you try to call Thermador for help, FORGET IT. You have to wait days before you get someone to come to your house. Once you get a Thermador technician to come by, God help you if they do their job right. Oh, if your appliance is over 10 years old forget about getting a replacement part.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

Thermador oven would not ignite. So I called Thermador Los Angeles to schedule a tech visit. The earliest they could come was 10 days later. Technician diagnosed the problem but did not have the part. 4 days later on 2nd visit he could not find the part and told me his company did not order it. 2 weeks later they told me to expect 3rd visit from same Technician. After waiting past schedule hours I decided to call Tech myself. Unfortunately poor guy felt bad because he did not have the part even for 3rd visit about 40 day after initiated service call. After I called company to complain I was told that the back ordered part is expected to arrive on April 1st. This would 3 month and no one told me about back order.

Finally after talking with someone in charge I was promised a call back on Monday following week to work out some kind of deal with their partners that had that part. AND NO ONE CALLED, what horrible experience to wait 3 month for a part?? Needless to say I would never recommend the brand that I spend good money for and can't get customer service that is run by incompetent staff.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

The worst service ever! My brand new range had a broken oven glass door and won't heat up to correct temperature. Didn't show up at scheduled time or later that day. Needed to reschedule. Finally came back and technician didn't know how to fix oven temp problem but did install new glass door. As temp problem still existing another appointment made with a request to have a different tech. Although appointment confirmed morning service call no one showed up. Customer support department worthless as only a call desk. Has no way to communicate with technicians nor can provide a COI as required in most apartment buildings in NYC. I will never buy another Thermador product again!

Thermador Company Information