3.9/5 (649 ratings)

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

View Plans

Thermador Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Thermador?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Thermador?

Original review: Sept. 14, 2022

So we built a new house in 2017 and decided to go with a suite of Thermador appliances for the Kitchen. We bought the 48 inch gas oven range, the 48 inch side by side fridge/freezer combo and the dishwasher. In total we must have spent close to $30,000 on all of the appliances. I don't know about you, but I always assumed that if you paid top dollar for one of the most expensive products in the market then you could feel confident that you were buying the best quality available. And that means years and years of maintenance free living.

Well, that's not true about Thermador products. First let's focus on the gorgeous oven/range. Seriously, it's probably been in the shop twice a year since the year we bought it. This is true, I have the local technicians' Company and name on speed dial. He, Matt and his assistant Brandi are wonderful people. We know so much about them we could send them Christmas cards. But honestly, who wants to be on a first name basis with their appliance technician? Six months ago we needed a new ignitor/thermostat to turn the oven on. Matt came out and did that. Today, Matt and the Thermador's call center concluded that I needed a new control board. Which could take weeks and thousands of dollars to replace.

I called Theramodor to complain. Sure I was mad. This is our second home. We probably use the oven fewer than 90 days a year. They said I was out of warranty, sorry we can't help you (translation "Sucker, you should have bought a Wolf to begin with..."). Then she hung up. That was after the now normal 45 minute IVR wait and escalating routing and a five minute live call.

The dishwasher: it cleans fine. Don't know why it takes 3 hours to wash and dry the dishes, but it does. The problem with the dishwasher, believe it or not, is simply that the racks don't stay on the rails. I kid you not. It sounds like a silly nuance, but it's not. My wife hates the machine because she can not slide the rack in. You literally need to lift it up, jiggle it back and forth while you're shoving it in. Check the wheels and replace them a couple of times a year. It requires a combination of strength and balance. Who build a product that doesn't work? What type of quality control do they have?

The fridge? It scares me. I'm terrified that it's a ticking time bomb with the compressor ready to fail at any time. I can almost hear it laughing at me. If a compressor fails, then you may as well throw the whole $12,000 unit away. The cost of repair it is prohibitive. So far so good with that piece. Yes, as the technician telepathically suggested when she insulted me and hung up: we should have bought Wolf. In fact, we have Wolf in our primary residence. Use them everyday for the past five years....perfect. We don't have a repairman. I don't even know who I would have to call. That what true quality means. This is not a paid advertisement for Wolf. Rather it is an honest review challenging the quality, reliability and greed of the Thermador company.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2022

I have been resolving the issue with thermador since 4 months. Company claims that the blowers which were blown in less than 2 years which were not belongs to thermador company despite I bought from their certified dealer AMG studio in Guelph if they says those blowers are not their blowers then I have been fraud by them. I have been requesting them to analyze those blowers since I have kept those blowers to send to quality control and where it came from? Nothing is happening at thermador end.

Get buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2022

The cooktop is only 9 yrs old. It turns on and immediately turns off again. Aside from the initial service fee, the cost of repair is $1200. The lifespan of what was advertised as a top-of-the-line (very expensive) appliance was supposed to be at least 15 yrs. I do not recommend this product to anyone.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2022

In February 2022, I started experience problems with the range making a clicking noise and then shouting off and disabling the ovens. I would switch the breaker on and off to reset it and it would start working again. A week after it happened again and again. I switched it off and on and it would work for awhile. March 20- it gave me an error message e1610 so I called service. March 22- Shawn came out and ordered a part. April 4- part was put in and problem reoccurred two days later. Error messages displayed and ovens did not work. April 11- Shawn came out and replaced the motherboard. Two days later same problem. April 25- Shawn came out, didn’t fix it and said he had to order another part and will not be in til July. At this point I’m not real confident that this part will fix the problem either and I may need a new range.

In June the part came in and did not fix the problem and was decided it could not be fixed. After many emails and phone calls Thermador finally decided to replace the oven but it is on back order 8-12 months Customer service and management was horrible. They would not give me a refund or replace my oven with a cheap one until it came in. I will never buy Thermador products again!!!

Original review: June 14, 2022

I expected more from a $5k range, the Pro Harmony Range. I have had it for 1 year and 3 months and it has never been fully functioning (burner & oven malfunctions). After hours of phone conversations with Thermador Cust Svc and numerous service calls, now the oven won't turn on at all. Despite the list of approved warranty providers they claim they have, only one will come to my home. Two said they no longer work with Thermador because "they don't pay their vendors". I purchased what I thought was a luxury appliance and for the last year I have done all of my baking and roasting in a toaster oven. :) Such a disappointment!

Original review: June 9, 2022

I purchased a triple wall oven through Ferguson/Build on May 5, 2021. The original date that Thermador supplied was late July 2021. That date changed every time by an additional two months. The most recent date was late June 2022. I emailed the supplier this morning (6/9/22) for an update and once again Thermador is pushing the date an additional two months. I do not consider this acceptable customer service. I read some of these reviews from persons that ordered and received their stoves after me. What type of reason or excuse can Thermador actually have in not supplying my $9k wall oven in over a year?! Buyer beware.

Original review: June 2, 2022

We purchase a Thermador suite of appliances like so many others have in Aug. 2021. The oven on the gas range has never worked so they had us contact a third-party rep. The repair guy has been to our home 3 times replacing parts. It is now June 2022 and not only does the oven still not work, but along the way, one burner quit working. I requested a new unit and just ran in circles with customer service. I even asked if I could record the last conversation I was having with them on the phone. The supervisor named Kiki (I know this because I asked for her emp # and she said she didn't have one just that her name was K I K I, lol) informed that it was against their policy and if I record she would hang up. I asked her for a copy of that policy and of course, she said no. Just like that replied "no" I just mentioned, that seems to be the only response you get with Thermador. Very frustrating and I will never refer their products to anyone.

Original review: May 11, 2022

I purchased a PRG366WH range in 2021. 4 regular burners and 2 simmer burners. The 4 burners run too high on the lowest setting and cannot be adjusted per the factory. The 2 simmer burners function fine but they turn on and off every minute with the pilot light sparking every time. Very annoying and can be heard in the next room while watching television. Unbelievably poor design. Very surprised that absolutely nothing can be done about this. Very dissatisfied with the product and unfortunately I spent close to $10,000. I simply cannot recommend this product. I am a former professional chef and so this is even more disappointing.

Original review: April 28, 2022

I bought the entire series of Thermador line of product and it was looking nice but my kitchen hood (blowers) blown in less than 3 year and it cost me for repair $ 1560.00. I do not know it was my right decision to buy

Original review: March 25, 2022

I have a very expensive Thermador freezer. It with keeping proper temperature in October 2021. Contacted Thermador on 11/4/21. It takes a month or more to actually schedule an appointment and I've had 4 service appointments since and it's still not fixed. It's been over 5 months with no ability to even talk to a supervisor or get any positive action from the company. It's the worst customer service I've ever experienced.

Thermador Company Information