Find an Appliances partner

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Thermador Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Thermador?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Thermador?

Original review: April 28, 2021

We had a large Thermador freezer that was not new. The connection to the water/ice line failed, leaked and created significant damage to our floor, subfloor, related drywall and painted surfaces below the freezer. We followed Thermador’s straightforward claim process. The dollars were meaningful. They (their insurance company) were fair, responsive and totally professional. What a pleasant surprise. From now on, we do everything Thermador.

Original review: April 19, 2021

I had sparks in my Microwave as if there was lightning, it took 2 weeks for the Technician to come and have a look, when he came, he said He could not see any sparks, but will order the Mother Board, which will be another 3 weeks., Every 20 minutes the microwave is buzzing with a sound. How frustrating.

Get buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2021

Love my Thermador gas stove! Everyday meals are cooked well. The downside about it is that it is very expensive to maintain but the quality of cooking is excellent. It has two ovens and six cookers with a top grill. Since it's a gas stove I save a lot in electricity.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2021

Thermador 36" Gas Cooktop- Large cooking surface with ability to slide pans all over the top. Simmer setting on 3 of 5 burners. Accurate and thorough heating with center flame up to 18,000 BTU's. Negatives (A) SS surface is hard to clean and (B) knobs (while sturdy) are constantly dirty from splatters and (C) all 5 burners try to ignite instead of just the one you turn on.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2020

We updated all of our appliances except our ovens, Thermador double wall oven, since they were still working well when we redid our kitchen. They have since failed intermittently, however they are 16 years old. We attempted to service them for repair without a result, and customer service Chris was incredible at understanding the issue and helping to expedite the next step of aiding with a new oven given we are 35 weeks pregnant and need a solution ASAP. They were understanding to our situation and went above and beyond to be helpful and empathetic. I am impressed at the professionalism and promptness of Chris with thermador, and will continue to love their products.

Original review: July 14, 2021

I have ordered Speed Oven (MC30WP) from Snyder Diamond at Santa Monica on December 21, 2020 and I have not received the product yet on July 2021 and they still don't know when they are going to ship the product. I wonder if they even have started manufacturing the product after receiving my deposit.

Original review: July 9, 2021

Review is about Thermador Gas Cooktop SGSX365FS. It worked pretty well for less than 6 years. After its one burner stopped to work. It required to open a cooktop lid to change the part. But to open the lid you have to unscrew the gas tubes (they are made from stainless steel), two of them (most used) were stuck. No technician wanted to do such job mentioning that it could damage a lot and as a result, cost a lot. I searched on YouTube, this is a common problem. One minor drawback is not easy cleaning. The new model SGSX365TS (FS was discontinued, but they are really the same) has gas tubes made from brass and screwed in the aluminum base. It's necessary to find out how they behave in similar situation.

Original review: July 7, 2021

As part of a SF Bay Area remodel last year, we were excited to replace all appliances with Thermador top-line products. We spent about $30,000, anticipating a great kitchen experience with their products. Instead, we were utterly disappointed and left wishing that we had picked almost any other appliance brand! The Thermador Convection Oven Microwave MC30WS/01 is a nightmare. Every single time you have to use the microwave you have to endure a 2-second ‘boot-up’ process that flashes “Thermador” accompanied by a loud tinny tune. WHY??

Then it takes 3 steps to select a simple microwave setting to finally get it going. But, if you start the unit and step away to do anything else (which is what you do all the time!) it will hammer you with a loud alert jingle that it is done - not once or twice, but again, and again, and again and again and again and AGAIN… a total of FIFTEEN TIMES! WHY?? And there’s no way to silence this “feature”. For $3,000 all we bought ourselves was a dose of daily aggravation. Similarly the Dishwasher DWHD650WPR/13. Once it completes the wash cycle, it too announces repeatedly - SIX loud beeps which repeat over and over SIX times, even in the dead of night.. and the only way to stop that madness is to go and open the unit’s door!

It makes us wonder if these products are designed to impose upon the user rather than to do their job and sort of disappear in the background? For instance if a user starts the dishwasher at night, does Thermador expect her to stand by until the cycle is complete and they can kill the alerts so that a guest sleeping in an adjacent room doesn’t get disturbed? Or if a user starts the microwave, are they expected to physically stand by so that a string of unending alerts don’t wake up a sleeping baby? It is as if the people who designed the products never used them themselves. Otherwise it is hard to understand how anyone, especially a company like Bosch / Thermador, would let this stuff fly. We’ve never been so disappointed with appliances in all our lives, certainly not ones that are so expensive.

Original review: July 3, 2021

When we remodeled our kitchen a few years ago, we purchased all new appliances from the Thermador/Bosch... We have really enjoyed the big fridge, the oven and microwave...the dishwasher has typical Bosch problems, including a sticking soap dispenser door and fast build up of clogging in the arms...but, it's really quiet and great when it's working properly. The glass cooktop blew its control module, and took some time and expense to have Thermador fix it... They brought the wrong replacement unit first, and only got the right one when we pointed out their errors and pointed them to the correct unit... It cost about half the price of the unit to fix...so, not so good on repairs. Overall, the appliances are lovely, quite pricey, and not nearly so reliable as one would like.

Original review: June 28, 2021

I have had a dishwasher ordered since December. It is July and still no estimated delivery date. The appliance store required that I prepay before I could order. This is just beyond ridiculous. I do not believe it could take this long to manufacture a dishwasher. My fear is that the company is collecting all this money and not delivering the goods with the idea that they will just go out of business and screw everybody out of their prepaid orders. My advice is to skip this company, and buy something else.

Thermador Company Information