1.27/5
Based on 299 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

470 Thermador Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 15, 2018

Spend over $5000 on a fridge, spend several hundred to repair it and waste numerous hours waiting for servicing. Spend months dealing with them on the phone listening to the same scripted responses from different people (since they will not discuss anything with you via email) and finally be told that for a few thousand dollars more they will replace the unit. AVOID this company at all costs.

Original review: June 15, 2018

After being a happy Wolf user for many years, I purchased Thermador appliances looking to save some money. Big Mistake. The equipment didn't work since installation and was told I have to wait 3-4 weeks for a replacement to get to Puerto Rico from Miami. I called yesterday for an update and was told the replacement will travel from Germany to Miami, and then Miami to Puerto Rico. Who knows how long this will take?! I can still not review the range because I can't use it without the vent hood. Very disappointed and mad at myself for purchasing this brand.

Get expert buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 3, 2018

I bought a house that had a 4 burner Thermador gas cooktop. It was bad enough that the handles were so close to the burners that you risked burning yourself. But the burners are so close to the handles that they actually set the handles on fire. I had a pot of water for pasta on the cooktop. I turned around to chop some vegetables, when I looked back two of the knobs were on fire and shooting flames about 10 inches into the air. Obviously I could not turn off the burner since it was on fire, which was terrifying. I was able to smother the flames inverting a cast iron skillet over the flames. If you encounter one of these, get rid of it asap. They are very unsafe.

Original review: April 27, 2018

New home and 25k worth of brand new Thermador appliances. Dishwasher has not worked since day one. We have had three service calls, parts replaced, and it still doesn’t clean. Various excuses from Thermador. At one point they said, "Don’t wash the crud off your dishes before you put them in... It works better on dirty dishes." The reason we wash them off before putting them in is because it doesn’t work. They have refused to replace. We have escalated to management - a lady who claimed her name was Vanessa said there was nothing they could do as the last Thermador technician couldn’t find anything wrong.

That technician never put dirty dishes in it and ran a cycle. He simply didn’t see any error codes. We have owned 3 other dishwashers the last 18 years in three different houses. All of them have been Whirlpool and we have never had one problem. Won’t be buying any more Thermador appliances of any kind because if they don’t work... They won’t stand behind them. More money for the Thermador brand does not buy you better customer service and support. We are paying half of what we paid for this 6 month old brand new Thermador that has never cleaned a load of dishes for another Whirlpool. Thermador is pathetic.

Original review: March 25, 2018 Bought $30,000 worth of Thermador appliances and was told we qualified for a rebate by NECO Rebates who processes for the dealer (Ferguson Enterprises).

After literally ten tries to submit the rebate and being told every time we weren't eligible or our dealer didn't exist, I contacted NECO who confirmed I was eligible and gave me instructions on how to correct the issues. It didn't work. I've emailed NECO repeatedly and just emailed Thermador. If I even hear back (based on what I see here, doubtful), I expect to be told "sorry" we can't help you. So far the appliances work fine, but based on other reviews I wonder how long that will last. Very poor process for very expensive products. I agree with the other reviewer who said they deliberately make it hard to get the rebate hoping everyone will give up. Should have gone with Miele.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Thermador?

Original review: March 22, 2018

I build my kitchen around Thermador appliances... I received my range in December. It kept turning off after 10 min could not use self clean etc. Tech came out to fix...but after coming 3 times with no success my place of purchase decided to replace the whole range. I received a new 60 inch range 2017 model. They dropped it off without installing the unit...so I had someone come who I paid to do install. After install I was getting a "cooling fan error". I had tech come again and he arrived after his second visit. He arrived with wrong part.

A week later arrived again with wrong part...then called to say he would have to come back because he wasn't able to move unit by himself. Now another appointment a week later. He arrived with a pump to lift oven but wasn't strong enough to lift it...so lucky I was there. I helped him move the oven to install cooling fan. While oven was out I asked if he can pls raise the legs in the back about an inch so unit can be flush with tile. His response was "it's not my job." After all this and to say it's not my job was very annoying...so now he installs fan but I'm still receiving same error. I called again. They are sending same the same guy out with a helper.

The day of repairs I get a call saying his helper could not get out of his driveway due to snow...really...but I was able to leave house with the same area snow. Now it's end of March still no oven. 4 months without an oven to use and taking my wife's taken 10 days off work for them to come and fix. Horrible service. People whatever you do stay away from Thermador. I'm am now going to place of purchase and asking them to remove all Thermador stuff from my home. I will be buying Wolf and Sub-Zero. Not sure of the issues I will be having if any with them but it can't be worse than Thermador...worst customer service I have ever come across. Also I paid like 20k for this range. My old oven I believe was a Miele. I've had for 15 years without an issue. All I can say is stay far away.

Original review: March 9, 2018

Purchased a Thermador Microwave less than one year ago. Reported a burning smell on Feb 5th. Repair person arrived on Feb 7th, pulled it out of a cabinet and removed from casing to find a huge burn on the outside of the unit. As of March 9th, still have not received a replacement or an explanation for the cause of the fire after numerous calls, emails and complaints to the Corp office. Absolutely the worst customer service I have ever had to deal with.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

Cleaned dishes well but difficult to load. Was told racks were designed for European size dishes! Middle rack had to move as a unit either up or down, couldn't tilt it to accommodate dinner plates below on one side and tall glasses on opposite side of middle rack.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

We built a new house and bought $25,000 worth of Thermador appliances. We were promised a $5,000 rebate for our purchase. You can't imagine the headache to get our rebate. It took eight months and hours of phone calls and emails. They purposely make impossible so that most people give up and don't receive their rebate. I would never ever buy Thermador ever again.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018 I purchased my Thermador range in August 2013, I also purchase an extended warranty because it was so expensive $10k+. There was a problem since day 1, they sent me technician after technician after technician and still I can't cook for my family. The range never worked correctly and each technician has changed parts and still nothing. My extended warranty only has 1 company that can service a Thermador appliance and they can't fix it. What is the use to buy something that's supposed to be 'top of the line' if it doesn't work and there isn't a lot of repair companies that are "Certified" to fix it - because it's a top of the line appliance.

Don't buy Thermador!!! My neighbor has a cheap range and is always cooking... I didn't read reviews before I purchased my range, I thought I was buying the best of the best. Hopefully my review will save another family from the hell I've been through.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2017

We just bought and installed a Thermador Star-Sapphire dishwasher. It has been installed less than a week. I came out to the kitchen to find a big piece of rubber gasket that had fallen out of it on the floor beside it. This was less than 5days of Usage. I don't think a 2k dishwasher should be falling apart this soon? Do You? I read a review on AJ Madison something about a faulty seal?

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

We purchased a Thermador oven 2 years ago and it hasn't been working properly from the very beginning. We have gotten gas smell coming from the oven. Thermador has either come out to fix it or sent a subcontractor to fix it now 3 times. Each time the technician's instruments register an of gas. The technician's suggestions range from altering the settings inside to replacing parts to replacing the oven door. It originally took 3 attempts to install it properly. When first being installed, the hood was attached partially to my ceiling but the installers informed me that it wasn't their job to install the exhaust hood. Why would I need to contact Thermador specifically to have the hood installed, when I obviously purchased both? Last week I noticed the gas smell again as I was cooking bacon in the oven. I took the bacon out and clearly half the bacon was cooked and the other half was very underdone.

The next day was Thanksgiving and the same happened with the turkey. I took photos, one leg was still bloody and rawish looking while the other leg was completely done. Plus there was a strong gas odor so I know something wasn't igniting in the oven again. This has been going on since we purchased the oven. I called technical support and they informed me they couldn't get a repair person out until January, and it's November right now. The thing has never worked properly, they have some nerve telling me they can't come out and fix it until January. So they gave me the number of the subcontractor they refer people to and I called them several days ago. I had to leave a message. The next day I received a call that my information would be sent to the technician who would call me to schedule and I have not as of yet heard back, 3 days later. I will absolutely never deal with this company again.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

I have a 48 inch professional Thermador Range. Model # PG486GEBS/12. It came with the house when we purchased it. The house was new construction in 2007. Since the first year that we have had it, it has broken 14 different times and we have spent nearly $8,000 repairing it. The burners have broken a number of times. They wouldn't light at all. I've replaced the simmer kits at least 5 times. The oven has also broken at least 5 times. Needed spark modules. Then there was the oven door latch that locked itself 4 times. I've needed control board kits at least 2 times as well. It's a dual oven. It would turn itself off and not heat or it would not ignite at all. The burners on top would short out all of the time. I work full time and if we use the burners or the oven twice a week, that would be a lot.

I finally got wise and called Thermador and they were awful and unhelpful. Last year, they did replace the parts for the burners for free but it took months for me to get them to actually send the parts. I had to provide more documentation than the Warren Commission had on JFK's assassination. This time around, the oven is broken again and needs an $800 repair. They offered to send me replacement parts for 50% of the cost, even though we have had nothing but problems. I declined their offer and am ripping this piece of garbage out of my house. They do not stand behind their products and the people that repair this appliance have stopped selling Thermador products completely. They look nice but are garbage. Do not spend the money on their "ranges".

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

Received a recall notice on Dishwasher. Aside from taking a month for a replacement part to arrive, and having the tech not show up even after he called in the AM saying he'd be there between 2-4 PM, the wait time to talk with anyone is usually over 40 minutes. Not sure who the CEO is but he/she should be fired based upon the number of poor reviews. (And I'm a former president of two publically traded companies.) Total ineptitude. Sad that a great company has gone downhill so poorly.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

Our Thermador range needed parts and now we are finding out Thermador does not keep parts past 7 years. Apparently they don't expect their products to last more than 7 years or they just force their customers to have to buy another expensive item to replace it. Thermador should be ashamed of themselves and customers need to seriously think about purchasing a product they can not service after 7 years! We learned the hard way and now have to reinvest $12,000 for a range!

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

I purchased a 48" steam/range in 2013. I have experienced trouble with the gasket around the steam oven. While it was under warranty it was repaired several times. Each time within a short amount of time the rubber gasket came loose. Now they will not stand behind it. Earlier this year, they agreed to pay for the part but not the labor to install it. They know this is an issue. I went to Pacific Sales and looked at the new like range and the new unused one already had a loose gasket. This is very disappointing as I have close to $16,000 into the cost of this range. I am very surprised that there is no class action lawsuit regarding this problem. As I see it the oven is stainless steel and the gasket is rubber of some sort and there is no way of adhering the two together. I would not recommend this steam/oven combo!

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

We bought a flat cook Electric oven double, high price, and a dishwasher. When installed, did not work, new set of kitchen appliances. We call Thermador to fix it. No help available. We called Best Buy store Pacific section, no help. Poor support, non-professional customer service. We don’t recommend this brand. Poor company. Stay away from it, high price, poor brand and service.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

We bought a 48-inch Thermador range hood which is the worst that we've ever used. If you look at my backsplash pictures, you would understand why I am complaining - it is almost useless. We contacted the customer service and they stopped by. While their assessment was the range hood was just fine, the oily backsplash was just that we cooked too much. They refused to fix it.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

I was saddened when I finally went to look at the reviews on Thermador; THE REVIEWS ON ALL PRODUCTS ARE ALL POOR. DO NOT BUY ANY THERMADOR PRODUCT, YOU WILL REGRET IT. I bought a dual fuel range Model #PRD486EDHU/01 with a dishwasher. I could go on for some time about the many shortcomings of this equipment, here is the short list: expensive electronics are UNDER THE BURNERS, WHERE SPILLS LEAK ONTO, then it takes weeks and $1000s to repair. When one part fails, the whole system is out of commission. There are blowers that blow a strong stream of air away from the front of the stove. This blows all the smoke from inside the ovens out into the room where it cannot be removed by the hood. The Burner design extremely difficult to clean up spills.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

Will try to keep this as short as possible but so much has happened... Our 8 year old Thermador Freedom Collection freezer stopped working. Called Thermador Customer Service and it has been a 7 week (so far) debacle of 5 different service calls (each time required me or my husband to stay home during a 5 hour window), about 20 calls to their service department trying to track down answers, appointment times, etc. The wrong parts were ordered, then the wrong parts were sent, correct parts were back-ordered, then those parts were incorrect due to wrong drawing on their website the technician uses to order parts. Never any returned phone calls, constant waiting on hold to find answers. ZERO communications between technician and their call center. Nobody seems to know what’s going on. Finally after 6 weeks, the correct part was installed and freezer appears to be working but now the door doesn't close properly since technician left.

It’s letting out all the cold air and causing condensation to build because door won't seal shut. Demanded a new tech come as I've lost faith in the first one and the new guy tells me the hinges now need to be replaced. On a freezer that hasn't been opened or used for 7 weeks. Door worked fine until their technician tinkered with it over 3 times. They will take no responsibility and now want to charge me an additional $800 to replace the hinges. Which worked PERFECTLY FINE until their tech was here. Absolute nightmare that has cost both my husband and I hours of our time, waiting at home for technicians, waiting on hold for help. DO NOT BUY THERMADOR OR ANY BSH APPLIANCE. It’s all the same company with the same customer service number... Disaster!!!

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

We recently bought a Thermador cooktop that comes with a downdraft exhaust. This was around the end of June 2017. The Range fit in fine, however the exhaust piece was broken and did not work, so they said they would order a replacement for us. We waited for the next piece for more than two months to come in. After which the company would give excuse after excuse about the piece not coming in or the installer not being available. After which the installer finally came, early October. And again the piece was faulty and did not fit nor did it work. Now after talking to customer service multiple times, they keep giving excuses and apologies, telling us to wait a few weeks for the installer to come out. In addition, have not tried to remedy the service by offering us any prompt service and refuse to offer any alternative cooktop/range set. The set cost $2000+ and we have been without the exhaust for three months now.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

We bought Thermador appliances throughout four years ago when re-modeling our kitchen. Never again. Thermador is junk, it's priced two or three times what a "normal" appliances cost, and they don't last as long as a typical Hotpoint. Our double wall ovens, model PODC302, ($5,700) have had temperature-accuracy problems after a year of use. We've had thermostats replaced. We will likely need the control panel to be replaced (that's $1,500). The ovens currently either heat to 500+ degrees when set to 250-300 or they don't heat at all, ruining another holiday dinner.

Our microwave, model MBES, ($1,500) has a door-open button made out of taffy -- replaced twice so far and failing again. The dishwasher works, and the $11,000 built-in fridge/freezer only required two service calls to work properly. So far. So that's 50% of the stuff that doesn't work. Never, ever buy Thermador. Their products are astronomically-priced trash, their support is nonexistent, and their replacement part costs are straight out of the Porsche parts-pricing school. Live and learn.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE IN THE HISTORY OF CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! I will NEVER recommend Thermador or Bosch to ANYONE! We have replaced the same parts repeatedly. It’s been a piece of junk since day one. Back in 2007, they contacted us and gave us a pro-rated purchase price of a new unit-my hubs was laid off so we could make the purchase. I just contacted them again as we are faced with $1200 in new repairs-20% off of their junky parts was how they wanted to fix a problem that has literally cost my family thousands of dollars. We have continually had a repairman out every year to fix problems. I guess they would rather have us spend $7000 with Wolf or Viking than throw us a bone.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2017

4 year old ovens. We have been having problems baking and cooking things in the ovens. Seemed inconsistent. Supposedly quality product but finally clued in that we should check the temperature. So we checked set to 350. Oven heats and beeps and says it's 350 but it's only 275. Do same 400. Beeps goes to 350. Not consistent and gauge lies. Called Thermador. Said they would send a tech. No mention of a fee until 1 week wait and 10 minutes before arrival. Pay $120 plus $60/15 minutes. Turns out not even the first 5 minutes was included... Cheesy. So he determined the ovens are fine as they turn on. Called Thermador. They say they will eventually creep to a higher temperature. Nothing they can do.

Useless ovens as they heat to different temperatures and different settings and the gauges are not correct and seems they are cheating on when the temperature is at its set level. Never thought we would have this issue with what we thought was a quality brand and am very disappointed with their lack of wanting to take any responsibility. Absolutely will never buy a Thermador product again and will enjoy telling others to avoid it.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2017

We purchased a brand new Thermador Range based on the fact that we've owned one in the past and loved it. Since we moved into our brand new house, the oven has not worked. They have sent a tech out four times to repair it and it has been three months and we still do not have a working oven. They have finally agreed to replace the oven but can't tell us when we will receive it. This company has horrible customer service and could not simply apologize and offer any sort of compensation for the inconvenience.

We will never again purchase Thermador products based on their inadequate customer service skills. I finally spoke with a supervisor named Marie who said that she could send me a cutting board for my inconvenience. Do yourself a favor and purchase a Wolf Range rather than Thermador. We have a Subzero refrigerator and that company called to review how we like our fridge, what was our experience like and is there anything they could do to improve their service. That's a company who truly cares and understands how to be successful. From now on I will only purchase Wolf/Subzero appliances.

Original review: July 24, 2017

I purchased a pro style Thermador range/oven in 2008. It worked 2 years. Beginning in 2010, I've replaced the ignitor every year, at a cost of almost $400. I expected this range to work since I paid about 10 times more than I would have for an average range. I will never buy another Thermador ANYTHING. The company that services the oven does excellent work. It's not them. It's THERMADOR.

Original review: June 28, 2017

We purchased 2 Thermador gas ranges in 2005, one smaller wall unit and a larger free standing 6 burner model PG3668s/05. I hardly have used the larger oven, only for holiday turkeys and meals in the past 12 years, as it has continually needed servicing! I am very disappointed in this model as it was expensive, and larger yet not at all efficient as I had hoped with larger meals. I wish we had purchased 2 of the SEC301 type wall units instead of this "deluxe" gas range. The problems we continually have had with this range are mostly concerning the heat of the oven. It does not heat to the desired temperature! We have had North Town service this issue so many times, with the fan and the controls, and the starter, and it never seems to solve the heating up problem.

Then the large door fell off! It is a heavy door and the hinges on one side broke. I have stopped trusting it to fully cook the food after half cooked casseroles and turkeys. I depend on the smaller unit for all my baking and cooking because of these issues. I trusted the Thermador brand and at first, was excited to have purchased this large, convection/gas range... however, the oven has been out of commission much more than it has been functioning! Repairs have cost us more than we have expected since the oven consistently doesn't heat up beyond 250 degrees, and the warranty for repairs is only 6 months! I will not purchase another large Thermador professional gas range again because of all the problems I have encountered with this model.

Original review: June 24, 2017

Our 13 year old Thermador oven relay panel caught on fire. After extinguishing the flames, I contacted a service company and Thermador. Thermador said replacement parts are made for ten years and when they are all sold, Thermador cannot supply parts for its broken ovens. I do not want to purchase another Thermador oven knowing after ten years parts are no longer made.

Original review: June 14, 2017

We are in the middle of installing a new kitchen with all new Thermador appliances. We bought Miele for the dishwasher instead of the "free" Thermador. At this point, we wish we went all Miele for everything and here is why. Nothing has been used yet since we are awaiting countertops and water but we have electricity to the appliances. Right out of the box, one of the Thermador ovens has a defective main circuit board. The drawer microwave has a defective control panel. What is Thermador's response? "Call a repair shop." Which we did, waited a week, tech shows up and "yup it's defective". Now we are waiting 4 weeks for the parts and then a week later, maybe they will "repair" our brand-new, never used, just installed Thermador appliances.

Thermador is a brand name owned and managed by the same folks that make Bosch which is sold at Home Depot, etc. Thermador has splashy ads in high-end magazines, etc. but it is all hype. The product quality and service is abysmal. We were flabbergasted that Thermador would not let our kitchen designer/dealer replace the defective units. If you are considering premium appliances we would recommend Miele. Check out the information online before you buy. Miele is a private, family-owned company that is uncompromising in their focus on quality. They cost more than Thermador but they are worth it. We have three Miele dishwashers at other properties. Previously, we had a Thermador cooktop downdraft that the blower motor died after two years.

Original review: April 26, 2017

First a little background. We own 2 homes and in them we have 3 Bosch dishwashers, 2 Thermador Cooktops and Thermador oven. All purchased new within the last 5 years. So with our one cooktop [$1,530 purchase price] one burner wasn't working and the burner cap had fallen down into the unit. We contacted the local AUTHORIZED Thermador repair center. They came out and said the end caps had fused on due to heat and the cooktop couldn't be taken off to do the repair. They said it would have be drilled out and a new cooktop installed. We then contacted where we had purchased it and they said this was a common problem with Thermador and suggested we contact them. We contacted Thermador and opened a claim. They asked us to get an invoice showing we purchased the cooktop new, verification of the diagnosis by their authorized repair center, and the new cooktop invoice and installation receipt.

While I was gathering all of those invoices we received a call back saying they would not do anything to assist us because we hadn't contacted them to see if it could be repaired. In fact we had and contacted their repair center. We hadn't contacted while the problem had occurred. In fact we had and opened the claim the day the repair was being done. We even spoke with a supervisor [Vanessa] who simply said they do not help in these cases. If this is how they treat a customer who had purchased what we had [and all high end products] I can't imagine how they treat everyone else. There will be no Bosch or Thermador going back into our home.

Thermador Company Information