Thermador

Compare Appliances

Research top Appliances recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

We purchased a brand new Thermador Range based on the fact that we've owned one in the past and loved it. Since we moved into our brand new house, the oven has not worked. They have sent a tech out four times to repair it and it has been three months and we still do not have a working oven. They have finally agreed to replace the oven but can't tell us when we will receive it. This company has horrible customer service and could not simply apologize and offer any sort of compensation for the inconvenience.

We will never again purchase Thermador products based on their inadequate customer service skills. I finally spoke with a supervisor named Marie who said that she could send me a cutting board for my inconvenience. Do yourself a favor and purchase a Wolf Range rather than Thermador. We have a Subzero refrigerator and that company called to review how we like our fridge, what was our experience like and is there anything they could do to improve their service. That's a company who truly cares and understands how to be successful. From now on I will only purchase Wolf/Subzero appliances.

I purchased a pro style Thermador range/oven in 2008. It worked 2 years. Beginning in 2010, I've replaced the ignitor every year, at a cost of almost $400. I expected this range to work since I paid about 10 times more than I would have for an average range. I will never buy another Thermador ANYTHING. The company that services the oven does excellent work. It's not them. It's THERMADOR.

We purchased 2 Thermador gas ranges in 2005, one smaller wall unit and a larger free standing 6 burner model PG3668s/05. I hardly have used the larger oven, only for holiday turkeys and meals in the past 12 years, as it has continually needed servicing! I am very disappointed in this model as it was expensive, and larger yet not at all efficient as I had hoped with larger meals. I wish we had purchased 2 of the SEC301 type wall units instead of this "deluxe" gas range. The problems we continually have had with this range are mostly concerning the heat of the oven. It does not heat to the desired temperature! We have had North Town service this issue so many times, with the fan and the controls, and the starter, and it never seems to solve the heating up problem.

Then the large door fell off! It is a heavy door and the hinges on one side broke. I have stopped trusting it to fully cook the food after half cooked casseroles and turkeys. I depend on the smaller unit for all my baking and cooking because of these issues. I trusted the Thermador brand and at first, was excited to have purchased this large, convection/gas range... however, the oven has been out of commission much more than it has been functioning! Repairs have cost us more than we have expected since the oven consistently doesn't heat up beyond 250 degrees, and the warranty for repairs is only 6 months! I will not purchase another large Thermador professional gas range again because of all the problems I have encountered with this model.

Our 13 year old Thermador oven relay panel caught on fire. After extinguishing the flames, I contacted a service company and Thermador. Thermador said replacement parts are made for ten years and when they are all sold, Thermador cannot supply parts for its broken ovens. I do not want to purchase another Thermador oven knowing after ten years parts are no longer made.

We are in the middle of installing a new kitchen with all new Thermador appliances. We bought Miele for the dishwasher instead of the "free" Thermador. At this point, we wish we went all Miele for everything and here is why. Nothing has been used yet since we are awaiting countertops and water but we have electricity to the appliances. Right out of the box, one of the Thermador ovens has a defective main circuit board. The drawer microwave has a defective control panel. What is Thermador's response? "Call a repair shop." Which we did, waited a week, tech shows up and "yup it's defective". Now we are waiting 4 weeks for the parts and then a week later, maybe they will "repair" our brand-new, never used, just installed Thermador appliances.

Thermador is a brand name owned and managed by the same folks that make Bosch which is sold at Home Depot, etc. Thermador has splashy ads in high-end magazines, etc. but it is all hype. The product quality and service is abysmal. We were flabbergasted that Thermador would not let our kitchen designer/dealer replace the defective units. If you are considering premium appliances we would recommend Miele. Check out the information online before you buy. Miele is a private, family-owned company that is uncompromising in their focus on quality. They cost more than Thermador but they are worth it. We have three Miele dishwashers at other properties. Previously, we had a Thermador cooktop downdraft that the blower motor died after two years.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Thermador?

First a little background. We own 2 homes and in them we have 3 Bosch dishwashers, 2 Thermador Cooktops and Thermador oven. All purchased new within the last 5 years. So with our one cooktop [$1,530 purchase price] one burner wasn't working and the burner cap had fallen down into the unit. We contacted the local AUTHORIZED Thermador repair center. They came out and said the end caps had fused on due to heat and the cooktop couldn't be taken off to do the repair. They said it would have be drilled out and a new cooktop installed. We then contacted where we had purchased it and they said this was a common problem with Thermador and suggested we contact them. We contacted Thermador and opened a claim. They asked us to get an invoice showing we purchased the cooktop new, verification of the diagnosis by their authorized repair center, and the new cooktop invoice and installation receipt.

While I was gathering all of those invoices we received a call back saying they would not do anything to assist us because we hadn't contacted them to see if it could be repaired. In fact we had and contacted their repair center. We hadn't contacted while the problem had occurred. In fact we had and opened the claim the day the repair was being done. We even spoke with a supervisor [Vanessa] who simply said they do not help in these cases. If this is how they treat a customer who had purchased what we had [and all high end products] I can't imagine how they treat everyone else. There will be no Bosch or Thermador going back into our home.

Not even approved Thermador service companies will work on this unit. It requires two men to take it out to work on it. No one wants to do it. So far, I have paid one Thermador service company $359.66 upfront for half of the repair bill to repair the oven which is burning all the food and the microwave which hasn't work since the first year I purchased the unit. The repair told me after promising to show up two different times that he could not get anyone to help him remove the oven unit and it was too heavy for him to do his own. He has not returned my money.

Next, my interior designer called the Thermador headquarters in Dallas. They charged me $59.99 upfront and said they would have a company approved repairman contact me. He contacted me but never came to the house. He too said he could not get anyone to help him take out the unit to work on it. He is no longer following up with me. I am currently using my 30 years old Black and Decker toaster oven which still works great. I am a Realtor for 26 years and homeowner here in The Woodlands. Many high-end homes use Thermador. Big mistake. My experience with Thermador has been expensive, time-consuming and hugely disappointing - a total waste of money.

Paid over $2,000 for a Thermador Star Sapphire Dishwasher. The top rack slides had the welds fail and the top rack collapsed after three years of part-time use. The 800 number was only helpful in how to charge me for the parts. A disgraceful excuse for an appliance. Now that Bosch has purchased Gaggenau and owns Thermador they are using the same parts in each one and couldn't care less for customer satisfaction. Buy only Subzero and Wolf for refrigerator/oven. They care and will address an issue after warranty. For dishwashers Bosch also has an issue with pumps which all go in five years.

Just completed a kitchen remodel and installed a 48" Gas Thermador cooktop. The knob for the griddle won't turn off and I have to frequently fight with the knob to try and get it to turn off. Anyone else have this problem? What's the fix?

I am an experienced baker of 35 years. We finally finished building our dream house and purchased a Thermador double oven in 2015. It has done nothing but ruin everything I've baked. Had the service repairman out and was told I wasn't using the settings right. After using the times and settings according to the manual, baked goods turned out worse!

I have wasted countless hours and ingredients trying to make something turn out right, adjusting temperatures, times, settings and rack placements. What a huge waste of money and disappointment with this oven. If I could afford to replace it, I would. No help from store we bought it from or Thermador manufacturing. Do not buy a Thermador oven. I would never recommend any products from this company after this experience. For many years, I baked in cheap ovens with great results. This $1,800 appliance has ruined my baking ability since we are now unable to replace it with something that works and unfortunately, it is built into the wall in an expensive cabinet.

I would give zero stars if I could. I've had the microwave oven combo - professional series for less than a year. From day one, the tray inside the microwave unit "squeaked" as it rotated. The tech came three times to repair a faulty bolt before finally replacing it after three months. It has now been 7 months since we received a replacement microwave oven and as of this morning we're suddenly unable to open the microwave oven door! It's been one thing after another.

Thermador Oven ME ll0: I just ruined an expensive coffee cake that I was making for company that is arriving tomorrow. After increasing the temperature by 25 degree and baking an extra 15 minutes, it appeared to be done by testing with a toothpick. After wanting 10 minutes to turn the cake out the middle was raw. We purchased the oven October 2014 and experienced problems with the temperature. The service man came out in November and replaced the motherboard but this did not fix the problem. It is sad to say that if I could afford a new oven, this oven would be the trash tomorrow. We owned a Thermador Oven from 2005 until we moved in 2013 and it was a wonderful oven. Not so with this one and will advising everyone I know not to buy any Thermador appliances.

I want other people to know that as long as your appliance is in warranty, Thermador will take good care of you. If a problem comes up out of warranty they do not want to work with you and try to send you to a service co. that rips you off. They will not help you with problem, will not let you talk to their tech person, will not give you a parts or repair manual. They leave you to the mercy of service people. My latest repair of a range parts will be $40.31 plus labor. Their service co wants my credit card number and $792.88 to service unit plus if tech not able to complete job and returns they want another $550.00 service call.

I will not specify Thermador products on my designs anymore, and I will repair my range myself. I was not aware I was leading customers into this trap. I called three local service companies and all were around $250.00 to fix including if they had to get a part and come back. No extra charge. I spent a lot of time trying to get Thermador to help me, even went to supervisor. They would not help at all.

$14k oven external temp gauge broke a few weeks after short warranty. After multiple phone calls the company agreed to fix it. They replaced the whole computer panel. However, this was NOT the problem and the temp gauge was still broken. They argued this was not the original issue I called in about (it was). I even have the pictures I took when I initially called them that highlighted the broken temp gauge. Now they want to charge me $500 for the repair. I absolutely hate them. Will go back to less expensive appliances in the future or companies that back their products and services. Thermador was a HUGE waste of money.

I am told by Thermador Customer Service that they no longer are making the $60.00 replacement part for my 15 year old, $10,000 Thermador Oven. They gave me appliance vendors to call to see if they carried the part... and they do not. Thermador customer service said there is nothing they can do other than for me to purchase a new appliance. I will never purchase or recommend a Thermador appliance to anyone.

12 years ago we redid our kitchen and installed premium appliances including the Thermador double wall oven C302. In that time the oven has performed well but required 3 expensive service calls to replace the "relay board" to a tune of $500 per repair. Recently, the part needed replacing and I used Thermador's official repair company, booked on the Thermador website. The initial estimate was $646.00, dismayed but determined to repair it (after careful consideration of replacement cost), I forged on. At the end of the service call another $21.00 part was needed, another service call. $181.00 in labor costs to install a $21.00 part. Multiple convos with company, no willingness at all to reduce cost.

We have a Thermador wall oven that is 5 years old. Have used the self cleaning feature maybe on it, one or two times at most. We bought it through (Ferguson, in Fayetteville, GA., which they don't maintain records after a year). Anyway last week pressed the self cleaning button, and after it was done and the door unlocked, the total inside of the glass was shattered. I called client services at Ferguson, which the lady responded "that shouldn't of happened". And told me to call Thermador and have it evaluated. Which they came out a week later, and it will cost $190.00 to fix. So again I won't be recommending their product to any of my clients in the future. Wolf or Viking here I come.

My brand new $4000 Thermador double oven does not operate; I must flip my home's electrical breaker to turn it off; and I have waited 20 days to have it repaired or replaced. It is noon on December 23, 2016 and both the Thermador customer service line and the Bosch Home offices are closed. The product does not function; the repair person they sent was not helpful and wants me to wait until January 3, 2017 for a repair, and I cannot talk to anyone but an "after hours" messaging center about my non-functioning oven a day before Christmas.

On December 3, 2016, my family tried to use its new Thermador double oven (Model ME302JS/04) and received an error code (118). We called to the customer service line for help and they failed to send a technician. We called again, but could not get a technician until December 23. When the technician came, he did not have the necessary parts - despite contacting the company weeks earlier and giving them the exact error code for the problem. The next available repair slot is January 3, 2017. The product does not fulfill the warranty of merchantability, fitness, or any general warranties; the customer service is ineffective; and the Bosch-employed repair organization is slow, unprepared, disorganized, and unhelpful. This company has no sense of urgency about a major household investment.

Bought the dual fuel range ($15,000), column fridge, column wine fridge and d/w in fall 2016. Oven failed for our first Thanksgiving AND this Thanksgiving. Seriously?! ?Bought a countertop turkey roaster (thank you, Costco!) that saved our holiday. Have had SEVEN service calls - our THIRD defective computer board is being replaced this morning. Hinges replaced on main oven in June. Angry does not begin to articulate my feelings about this sham company. The last customer service rep was beyond rude - after holding 15 minutes to reach the rep and explaining our unacceptable situation, the rep said, "I don't know what you want." What I want is a $15,000 oven that is one year old to freaking WORK!! Do not waste your $$ on these appliances. Buy good looking cheaper ones and replace as needed. And don't forget to buy a turkey roaster! They are still on sale at Costco!

We purchased a Thermador triple oven combination (model #semw302) in 2007 when we built our home. Over the past 9 years we've had to have multiple repairs on the main oven. The door hinges have been replaced twice, the circuit board replaced once, the self cleaning function stopped working twice. Actually only worked for one self cleaning. Each time. Now we once again have to replace both the circuit board and the relay board on the oven. Great. After paying a service man $80 yesterday, we were told that Thermador has discontinued the circuit board that we need and it also needs to have the relay board replaced. Which I believe is somewhere around $225.

It was suggested we try to find someone to rebuild our circuit board. Even after spending some considerable time searching the internet, I haven't found anyone who can rebuild this particular circuit board. and this would probably cost over $200. Plus installation. I already have spent close to $1000 on repairs. The microwave and the warming drawer are both fine. Now it looks like we will have to throw out the whole triple combination unit since it's one piece. We will NOT be looking to replace it with another Thermador. This may be the worst purchase we've ever made in 50 years of marriage. JUNK!

Bought a full kitchen suite of commercial grade Thermador products in 2013. Got the one-two-free promotion so a great price point and other leading brands had equal pro/con review. Have had continual problems since day one; oven has been repaired 4 times for motherboard, temp dial, heating consistency, burners not igniting; freezer ice maker repaired 3 times for clogging ice buildup which shuts down the ice maker and needs to be re-set. Still clogs and quits but I have stopped calling for expensive repair visits and now turn off the freezer for 10 minutes to re-boot the ice maker every time it clogs (about every other month); ref'r has salad makings consistently condense and rot with water after two days.

Read all the manuals, following instructions. Today needed to change out a bulb in the oven and find the lamp housing installed backwards in the very back of the oven, making it almost impossible to get a screwdriver in to pry the glass lens off (well, actually haven't got this accomplished yet so maybe it is impossible). The auto-shut off for warming drawer (as part of range) has never worked. Repairman said he could replace drawer for $1,000 - think I will place a $.01 post it note on it for turn-off reminder. Products all look great - but look for other brands! I would not buy Thermador again and as an architect I have my clients look at any other brand first.

I purchased the PDR364GLZS Stove/Oven/Grill unit in 2004. Since then I've had to replace 3 grill igniters, 3 stove burner igniters, the pc board and an oven heating element. Now, parts are becoming, "discontinued by the manufacturer". So soon, I will have a $3,200+ hunk of stainless steel taking up space in my kitchen. If you insist on buying a Thermador product, be prepared to spend money on future repairs, and the parts being discontinued rendering your appliance useless.

I've had Thermador appliances in my last two homes. Loved them. Didn't have any problems. We just moved and bought a new 48" all gas range (first time to have such a large range). So far so good. Only problem is the display panel light won't go off. I'm hoping this is not a big deal. I have always enjoyed my appliances from Thermador. I've had the range, microwave, dishwasher, wall oven, and warming drawer. Don't let me down this time!!!

I have a Thermador stove. The stove was very expensive and is a piece of junk. Never buy Thermador! The convection brain went out in the oven and I contacted service. Service came and told me the brain went out and I would need a new one. I tried to order it but they would never call me back. Does Thermador service even exist? When I am in a store selling Thermador and see people looking at them I run over and tell them what crap they are. When a person puts this kind of money into something they expect it to work. The service guy asked me if I really needed the convection bake system. Really? Buy a different brand. Fortunately only my stove is Thermador. The rest of the stuff is good.

We bought our whole kitchen set from Thermador appliances. It was very expensive and we were told to get a warranty that would cover any possible challenges and problems. Almost immediately after we got everything installed, we started experiencing issues with the freezers lock. Since then, we have called numerous times to ask to get it fixed. No one will attend the phone. When they do pick up, they tell us that we choose the wrong warranty plan, and they can't help it. I spent thousands of dollars on this ridiculous company. THEY ONLY CARE ABOUT SELLING, THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT THEIR CUSTOMERS. DO NOT BUY FROM them!

Do not buy Thermador! I own a 48" oven/range that was installed in 2007. I have rarely used it because it is a vacation home. Parts are no longer available (really?) and it looks like many people are looking for the same part...front wiring harness. This is a top of the line range that almost burnt the house down! I have spent $300 on service reps getting it diagnosed and hours looking for the part online because the service reps can only sell me Thermador parts which are no longer made! REALLY?? And, Thermador customer service...can only say "sorry, we no longer make the part". Do they really think that I will buy another $12,500 appliance from them? Anybody know of any class action suits? I own 2 of these units and I am ready to take them down!

When I remodeled my kitchen, I opted for high end, expensive Thermador Appliances. My double oven needs to have the touchpad replaced. Part not available. Unbelievable. My appliance will have to go to the dump instead of being repaired. Now I need to purchase and install another oven. Thermador does not take care of their customers, DO NOT BUY THERMADOR PRODUCTS.

Yes, it's been 12 years, but, for what we paid for this oven, to have the horrible response from Thermador. And, to have a piece of scrap metal after paying $480 in repairs...well, just unthinkable. Customer service was dismissive, at best. Condescending at worst. My story begins. Purchased 12 years ago, several repairs along the way, but she was well used. Then, about 4 years ago, the self cleaning went. I had only used it twice, so it was not worth putting up with or paying for repairs (which are quite expensive and require a Thermador Tech to come out). No error code, it just wouldn't work. Then, the broiler started to give me trouble. All of a sudden, we had the power go out and BOOM! We have no oven with 1 error code indicating the main circuit board is out. While the board was $250 -ish, with the service calls and labor, the cost was about $480. Which, I would have been fine with, if the oven worked.

The tech put the oven on, it went on, went to about 275, and he determined it was fixed. That evening, in preparation of dinner, I turned the oven on and it would not go beyond 325 before shutting down. I called back. We are on service call 3 at this point. He can't figure out the problem, maybe a faulty circuit board, he will have to contact Thermador and get back with me. Service call 4. Wow, big problem, it is NOW the blow motor. And, they no longer manufacture Blow Motors for this model. (Used to be a $100-ish part, pretty inexpensive). Well, sorry, but the main circuit board is not refundable, basically, "** you". I called Thermador, initially, to ask about the Blow Motor.

I was told, "Well, these aren't like automobiles where we manufacture parts forever". My response, "Well, you charged me as much as my first automobile, so I would think there should be an alternative". "Sorry, check online, see if anyone has old parts"...basically, "** you". So, I begin the search for a new oven, and yes, I have EXCLUDED Thermador from my search. I begin to think, how do I verify the tech didn't break this blow motor in his install? I do not think I should have paid for this repair if that is the case. Or, did he misdiagnose and there were 2 issues he should have seen, basically saving me the payment on the board.

So, I call Thermador again, to verify if there are multiple issues, should I have seen multiple error codes? Seems like a reasonable question. Well, customer service can't answer this. Only a technician can. "Ok, transfer me to a technician, please." "Well, they are on the road." "Well, can I leave a message." "Well, no." "Well, can someone else answer this?" "Well, of course not. But, I will be happy to get you another outside technician to come in." "But, you see, I know the error code, I know the part is not available, why would I pay for ANOTHER visit to tell me my oven is a 400# piece of trash?" Maybe I should be happy I had 12 years of reasonable happiness with her, but, I would hope that when you pay this much for an appliance the Co would stand behind her. Well, just to let you know, that will only last for a few years, until they stop manufacturing parts for it.

I was very disappointed with the dish washer, freezer and microwave. We bought all appliances from Thermador. The dishwasher is the worst. I had to get the microwave fixed 4x in 4 yrs. The Freezer, the Ice maker never work, they replaced parts still didn't work. Thermador was reluctant to replace or to fix. The dishwasher the cycle times are extremely long. I called Thermador and the customer rep came and told us that the company has not bothered to correct the. Do not buy dishwasher, freezer and microwave. I am using the Oven, the Stove and the wine cooler without problem.

Been having trouble with my Thermador PRL304EG ever since I have had it since 2006. Main electronic board after board, repair man can't put the finger on the issue. Maybe if parts were not made in China... They could make better ranges. Oven stops heating, or decides what it wants to do. I got a lemon in Thermador, or did I?? Probably all then same little cheap ranges... won't put their pants on and just replace unit. Repair cost for a Thermador is like 600.00 to $1000 a year (at least 2 services a year). If you want my advice, stay away from Thermador, because they sure do! Run Thermador run. Range should be giving me repair codes, but never in 10 years did it give any codes, not even once.

Thermador Company Profile