2. Homeowners

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Thermador Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Thermador?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Thermador?

Original review: April 28, 2021

We had a large Thermador freezer that was not new. The connection to the water/ice line failed, leaked and created significant damage to our floor, subfloor, related drywall and painted surfaces below the freezer. We followed Thermador’s straightforward claim process. The dollars were meaningful. They (their insurance company) were fair, responsive and totally professional. What a pleasant surprise. From now on, we do everything Thermador.

Original review: April 19, 2021

I had sparks in my Microwave as if there was lightning, it took 2 weeks for the Technician to come and have a look, when he came, he said He could not see any sparks, but will order the Mother Board, which will be another 3 weeks., Every 20 minutes the microwave is buzzing with a sound. How frustrating.

Get buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2021

Love my Thermador gas stove! Everyday meals are cooked well. The downside about it is that it is very expensive to maintain but the quality of cooking is excellent. It has two ovens and six cookers with a top grill. Since it's a gas stove I save a lot in electricity.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2021

Thermador 36" Gas Cooktop- Large cooking surface with ability to slide pans all over the top. Simmer setting on 3 of 5 burners. Accurate and thorough heating with center flame up to 18,000 BTU's. Negatives (A) SS surface is hard to clean and (B) knobs (while sturdy) are constantly dirty from splatters and (C) all 5 burners try to ignite instead of just the one you turn on.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2020

We updated all of our appliances except our ovens, Thermador double wall oven, since they were still working well when we redid our kitchen. They have since failed intermittently, however they are 16 years old. We attempted to service them for repair without a result, and customer service Chris was incredible at understanding the issue and helping to expedite the next step of aiding with a new oven given we are 35 weeks pregnant and need a solution ASAP. They were understanding to our situation and went above and beyond to be helpful and empathetic. I am impressed at the professionalism and promptness of Chris with thermador, and will continue to love their products.

Original review: April 3, 2021

I purchased all new Thermador appliances. Fridge was delivered with a broken ice maker and storage bins. Microwave never worked. We are three months into this experience and still waiting for replacement parts. Thermador pointing at dealer. Dealer didn't design or build the product. The absolute worst customer experience ever. Buy Wolf/Sub-Zero

Original review: April 1, 2021

I purchased a suite of Thermador appliances for my kitchen 6 years ago. You get a better deal when you buy an entire brand. Even though I knew every brand has its strengths and weaknesses I gave into the salesman’s pressure and the better pricing. Never again! A rookie mistake. The only appliance from Thermador that has performed well is the dishwasher. The ovens take forever to get to preheat and even when the alarm sounds that it has reached temperature it’s not even close to the set temp. I had to buy a thermometer to put inside the oven to gauge when it was truly at the desired temp.

The fridge door has never closed properly and it leaks on my wood floor. After install Thermador customer service said my concerns were “customer preference” and nothing faulty with the fridge or freezer. The ice maker makes weird ice and it takes forever. Now the entire freezer quit freezing and the repairman suggested I replace it with a Sub Zero. I paid $8k for this fridge/freezer and my less expensive built in was twice the appliance of this one. Word to the wise....don’t buy a suite. Buy each appliance in the brand that they are known for and have strong reviews. If misery loves company I am not lonely on the topic of Thermador! Never again.

Original review: March 18, 2021

We bought a 5 burner Thermador cooktop less than 3 yrs ago. We are seeing burnt stains around the burners. Contacted the company and send them pictures of the stains. They say it is out of warranty. Though it is clear that the quality of the stainless used for the cooktop is bad, the company wouldn't stand behind their product. They offered to sell us the part at a discounted price and we have to pay labor. Really not a good way to keep customers happy or defend company's reputation. We had GE Profile cooktop before for 12 years. Not a single stain anywhere. The only reason we changed that was because we were remodeling our kitchen. My recommendation - buy GE Profile when buying a cooktop.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

I purchased a blower with a broken internal motor and Thermador is unwilling to address the problem in a logical manner that would reflect what one would expect from a premium brand. As part of a kitchen remodel, I chose a Thermador cooktop and hood insert. Their blower motor was faulty from the moment I first tried to use it to provide ventilation to my stove. This is mandatory functionality in my state, so it needs to be addressed.

It took a while to diagnose it because thermador does not have enough techs in the San Francisco area. They finally (after months) diagnosed the problem as a faulty blower motor. I am still covered under the warranty period. The hood insert is inside a decorative hood. The custom hood was created prior to inserting the Thermador hood insert and blower so that the hood is easily removed and replaced, if needed. However, Thermador's techs are not comfortable with anything that is not standard. I was told by Thermador that I would need to hire an installer to remove the blower, so that their tech could then come and replace the blower motor specifically, and then I would need the installer to return in order to re-install the blower. Crazy!

This results in my having to set aside 8-12 hours minimum across three separate days (because of service windows. Thermador alone has a 4-5 hour service window) AND having to pay 3 times what I would need to IF Thermador (a) could have done the whole job themselves OR (b) IF Thermador would have allowed the installer to do an a simple warranty exchange of the entire blower (as opposed to just the internal blower motor mechanism). I am using an installer who is authorized to do Thermador warranty exchanges.

Thermador would rather their customer spend tons of money and time remedying a situation that they could have prevented with proper quality control processes than standing behind their product. I would expect much more from a premium brand. To me, this is not premium and I would recommend that others spend those premium dollars on true premium brands, such as Miele.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2021

Thermador Professional GAS range with Non-functioning grill is NOT supported by Thermador, nor do local-Detroit, Michigan, professional appliance repair people know how to repair nor source parts for this range. Speaking with Thermador design engineers in Calif. does NOT provide a solution to: Grill VALVE not functioning, Thermador does not offer a replacement valve, they "do not manufacture" the valves anymore. This is a $10,000 range. Thermador has told me to "scrap" this 6 foot wide stainless steel, double oven, 6 burner range and purchase a new one versus simply offering to REPAIR this unit. Do NOT buy Thermador, go commercial.

Thermador Company Information