Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Thermador Reviews

Original review: Oct. 14, 2019

Puchased my second set of Thermador appliances for a new apartment. The 36 Inch fridge with bottom freezer, came with a door does not close fridge overheats - so it's turned off. This is NEW. Instead of giving me a new fridge, they have to repair. Also, after spending $26,000 on appliances you would think that the stainless steel used would match. Dishwasher stainless is glossy and rest of appliance stainless without shine; and it look pretty obvious. Customer service has nothing to say - they manufacture with different providers. What a waste of my money. I do not recommend this brand. Spend your money elsewhere.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2019

This combination steam oven unit is a wonderful idea with a terrible implementation. We have now had a repair person (from Mr. Appliance, who is AMAZING!!) come out 5 times; 4 times to do something about the leaking steam oven. They even had him replace the water bottle because the original design was faulty, but it still leaks. After using the unit about 20 minutes, water leaks out the bottom of the oven and drips onto the control panel of the warming drawer, which then shorts out. They have had to replace the control panel on the warming drawer twice. I called Thermador again to get the unit replaced. I had to send my original sales receipt (even though they already have it because I registered the product right after it was installed) and technician invoices from the repairs (even though the repair technician calls them every time to get their help to resolve the problem).

After a couple of days, I get an email back saying they have made a decision, but they cannot relay the results of their decision via phone or email, so I call customer service and have to wait in the regular queue...after finally getting someone, I am told there is nothing in the file. I read her the email that was sent, she put me on hold again for probably at least 5 minutes and came back saying they made a decision that the unit works properly; even after I submitted the diagnosis from the repair tech showing that the unit is not working.

The technician was out again today and took pictures and sent them to Thermador to hopefully get this unit replaced. After spending 28 minutes on the phone, I learned that they were not going to honor their warranty based on my request and now that the technician sent them pictures, it was being escalated to management for a review. The customer service person told me it would be another 24-48 hours until they make a decision. Will update when we hear.

Get expert buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2019

We purchased a Thermador freezer expecting it to be an outstanding product. We have had nothing but problems with it and it finally completely shut down at the beginning of August. It is now October first and we've literally waited eight weeks and the freezer is still not repaired. We used an approved repair company and frankly we've heard everything from the part was on back-order to the wrong part has been sent. I've now taken multiple days off of work to wait for the repair man who never shows up. The indifference is astounding and I'm still without a working freezer.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2019

In the evening (a min of two hours after I finished cooking) my husband and I hear the range making a ticking sound and trying to re-ignite. When we examine the range we notice that all the knobs are turned off but the stove is obviously leaking gas. Our stove is less than a year old and when we call customer service to report this emergency - the soonest they will send a technician is in a week's time!

Original review: Sept. 27, 2019

My very expensive Thermador wall oven has been giving me an F-34 error code. When going online, I see we are one of many consumers experiencing the poor quality of this company's product. As frustrating as it is to need to call out a repairman, even more frustrating is that with so many of us having the issue, the parts are no longer available (or were ever available?) to fix the error. I expect a couple hundred dollar oven to be considered "disposable" but when you spend several thousand on what is suppose to be commercial quality, you don't expect to have to replace them in a few short years.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Thermador?

Original review: Sept. 25, 2019

In 2013 I bought my dream kitchen appliances, paying close to $18,000.00 with a $2,000.00 install. I have had nothing but multiple problems with them. First, I called Thermador for a repairman. They gave me a number to a company that had closed their doors. It took several calls before I could find another repair dealer that was actually open. Repairs became constant.

Microwave: Interlock switch replace, adjusted, again and again. It now blows my fuse. Freezer/Fridge: Freezer went out losing all food. Double oven: Replaced element and control panel and had to have it calibrated. Downdraft Vent Hood: Replaced motor (cost more than it is worth). Dishwasher: Grinding and error codes, leak, replaced sump.

Some of these problems occurred over and over, costing us an amazing sum because Thermador only stands behind their products for two years. They claimed I only had called them for the microwave; but I registered all my products with them and called them multiple times, as did the repair dealer. They will do nothing to help make it right. Also, the company I bought them from, Orson Gygi in Utah, will not do anything either. They just feel sorry for you...tough luck. Don’t pay for expensive ‘dream’ kitchen appliances. You will have a great looking kitchen that is non-functional and cost you a lot of money. **The only appliance I have not had problems with is the magnetic cooktop that is glass. While I have a small chip in it, it is super easy to clean and so far, so good. It is beautiful. The ONLY product I am impressed with.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2019

I purchased a Thermador fridge/freezer double gas oven, cooktop and dishwasher. At the 4 yr mark the double oven fried the circ board. I replaced it with another brand. The refrigerator lost the freezer part at 5 yrs. I paid the service company they sent out to replace compressor, lines. Took 3 weeks to fix. 3 months later it goes again. 1 week out for a service. He comes today and says there's a contaminate? Or blocked line? I said, "Well let's evacuate and recharge it??" He did and the door wouldn't close. I mentioned it and was told oh when the freezer reaches temp the door will suction close?? Ok the door doesn't close and the light is on. I called service again. No clue if it's going to reach temp because the door doesn't close. I've lost all the food in the freezer twice now. And waiting a week for a tech is absurd. No clue if it's fixed but now the door doesn't work.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2019

This 1500.00 microwave drawer is already broken. Stopped working. Total rip off! Do not buy this completely unrealistic that I now have to pay for a repair on what I consider to be a brand new microwave.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

My husband and I purchase a stove and a hood from Thermador. We had been remodeling our home for the past two months. In the process we ordered a hood which in turn needed a motor. The motor was shipped to us, which seemed in good condition. It was not until we installed the motor it was not working properly. I called Thermador and spoke to Kayla who in turn told me if we did not have a technician install the product then they would not refund the motor. The motor was obviously defective and or broken before - how would we have known unless installing the unit. Now she stated her manager could do nothing for us. This was very upsetting after spending thousands on a stove and now this motor doesn’t work for the hood - it's setting us back another $350 dollars. The customer service I received is poor! Inexcusable when Thermador's product was defective. And they do not want to reimburse or exchange the product. Fan motor **.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

Purchased over $50K in Thermador products in doing a renovation of our kitchen. The first 60" Range/Oven we purchased began failing (oven wouldn't light) within 3 months. After six service calls, new wiring, new motherboard, etc, still didn't fix the issue. Used social media to force Thermador to replace the range, now six months later, same issues with the new range. Customer service is awful, giving us a hard time about repairs because our purchase date (of the original range) is pre-warranty. DO NOT BUY THERMADOR!!! Choose Viking or some other manufacturer.

Thermador Company Information