1.26/5
Based on 312 reviews that contain star ratings

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

483 Thermador Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

2 1/2 year old Professional Series Thermador side-by-side ‘frig. Ice maker stopped working and we were told it was out of warranty. 2 people in our household and neither of us typically use ice in our water, etc, so it has pretty limited use. Repair person said he’d replaced more of these than he can count and was sorry that it was Thermador vs Whirlpool. He said the part needed is the same as the one for Whirlpool refrigerators but that it costs 2Xs as much because it is Thermador! $600 later we have a functioning ice maker...but for how long. NO MORE THERMADOR.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

Our Dishwasher stop in mid cycle and flooded our Kitchen. We called the Technical support line and they sent out a repair person. This issue could have been solved over the phone by explaining to check the drain that has a sensor that shuts down the unit if the filter needs to be cleaned. The repairman spent 5 minutes cleaning the drain for a charge of $189.00 dollars that could have been explained and troubled shot with a five minute call. We have new house and we are replacing all the Thermador appliance. They were a waste of money.

Get expert buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

I contacted Thermador customer service in AUGUST to request service for my water dispenser. The water button stopped working. It is now DECEMBER. Over the last four months we received the wrong part no less than 3 times. The part is estimated to cost in the $500 range. The technician "rigged" the button to work on his last visit but it ultimately failed. I called customer service again today - asked for a supervisor who was horrible. No answer/update/information. She told me she would "get back to me" which I assume will be much like no one has done since AUG. Apparently this kind of thing "can take months". I told her it HAS BEEN MONTHS. Please Thermador... come fix my water dispenser!

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

I wish I'd never bought it. This Thermador range has very finicky computer boards under the two X-LO simmer burners which are the first to go. My stove was delivered in September; the first burner broke in November, the next one in December, a third one in January, and in February, the original broken one broke again. I had 7 service appointments in the first 6 months for 4 out of 5 burners, and I wanted to return the stove. It's a lemon, or a bad design. But neither the appliance store nor Thermador would hear of it. Thermador extended my warranty another year, and that first burner just broke again. So I've had 10 service calls now in two years. I told my friend who was shopping not to get this stove, but she ignored my advice, got a Thermador, and had to call service for repair in the first couple months. Choose a Wolf or Viking instead!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

Thermador appliances are for sure sleek beautiful appliances. My experience with delivery, product reliability, service and customer service is/was not so good. I have purchased a dishwasher, range, range hood, and refrigerator. I've had these appliances for about 1 month. Delivery: Three dishwashers were delivered to my home as each was damaged.

Reliability: The refrigerator just flat out stopped working within 3/4 weeks. Service in my area is hard to find in my area. The appliance service from the purchaser was supposed to be wonderful, however, not so much for Thermador. It's been almost 2 weeks now, no fridge and Thanksgiving is in 5 days. Very frustrated with no callbacks and having to chase service provider. Breakage: The range door, upon moving into place, simply came off. I'm unsure the motive to have it work this way, please beware. I do wish that my experiences were better, they are beautiful, however having appliances that are ready to install when delivered and in working order is much more important. Good luck.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Thermador?

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

I bought all new kitchen appliances 3 1/2 years ago when my fridge died but wasn't ready to install the rest because of a kitchen remodel that was planned in the near future. Went to install last week and the oven knob broke the first time I turned on the oven. Called customer service and offered to provide pictures of new stove that anyone would understand has never been used and pictures of the box that is still on my porch and they said they would not help. I would hope a company that sells a 7500.00 stove would provide some help. I will look for a company next time that cared about what they sell. I will never buy another Thermador again and I would suggest you find a brand that cares about what they sell.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

I renovated my kitchen and chose a Thermador Dishwasher (HD650). It has been nothing but trouble and now, after just a couple of years and multiple service calls, it has to be replaced due to internal leaking that disables the machine. Even the bottom rack had to be replaced because the cheap plastic parts they use fell apart. I will never buy a Thermador product again.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

I purchased a $6000 Thermador range, the leg covers were wrong size. I called the non-existent customer service, after waits of 45 min or more I talked to the "installation hotline" which is actually an ignorant whose only purpose is to transfer the call customer service. Once with customer service, you realized they are as ignorant about their product as the previous person, they decide to send a "technician" who came to my house a week later and could not install the leg covers. Of course no follow up, so after several calls and long period of waiting on hold, Thermador finally said I had to buy new covers because the unit I bought was a floor model and they are not responsible for missing or wrong parts on floor models. Stay away from Thermador.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

In 2003 we built our new home, and builder chose all Thermador appliances for the kitchen. We thought it was a reputable brand, and went along with it. These are the worst appliances we have owned. The electric smart zone stove takes literally hour to bring water a boil, wasting my time. I have two ovens, one of which lost its LED display and required replacement. The other does not heat the inside on BAKE, you have to put it on CONVECTION. On both, the door stopped closing completely after a while, requiring repair (even though we use the ovens maybe once every other week at maximum). The dishwasher, which does not clean dirty dishes (you have to prewash them) required repairs twice. The bottom dish rack is rusted and it costs ~$200 to replace it. All in all, I spent a ton of money on repairs, and every single piece has been a pain in the neck. I would NEVER EVER buy this brand again.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

We bought Thermador appliances for our kitchen when we remodeled at the year 2010. We expect these luxury appliances can last long long time because they are all built-in units. First, we received damage refrigerator aluminum panel at the beginning that we need to hold the installation to wait for replacement. It took almost all day to install the refrigerator. Three years ago, the motors need to be replaced. It took half day to replace because you need special tool and only have very limited space to work. Now, we have the 2nd failure of microwave in last two years and We were told the microwave is not repairable. It is almost $6,000 because it is one unit with the oven. As an owner experience of Thermador, the quality is not you can trust. Do not be fooled by their pictures or promotion. Their quality is very LOW.

Thermador Company Information