1.27/5
Based on 305 reviews that contain star ratings

476 Thermador Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

I purchased a $6000 Thermador range, the leg covers were wrong size. I called the non-existent customer service, after waits of 45 min or more I talked to the "installation hotline" which is actually an ignorant whose only purpose is to transfer the call customer service. Once with customer service, you realized they are as ignorant about their product as the previous person, they decide to send a "technician" who came to my house a week later and could not install the leg covers. Of course no follow up, so after several calls and long period of waiting on hold, Thermador finally said I had to buy new covers because the unit I bought was a floor model and they are not responsible for missing or wrong parts on floor models. Stay away from Thermador.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

In 2003 we built our new home, and builder chose all Thermador appliances for the kitchen. We thought it was a reputable brand, and went along with it. These are the worst appliances we have owned. The electric smart zone stove takes literally hour to bring water a boil, wasting my time. I have two ovens, one of which lost its LED display and required replacement. The other does not heat the inside on BAKE, you have to put it on CONVECTION. On both, the door stopped closing completely after a while, requiring repair (even though we use the ovens maybe once every other week at maximum). The dishwasher, which does not clean dirty dishes (you have to prewash them) required repairs twice. The bottom dish rack is rusted and it costs ~$200 to replace it. All in all, I spent a ton of money on repairs, and every single piece has been a pain in the neck. I would NEVER EVER buy this brand again.

Get expert buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

We bought Thermador appliances for our kitchen when we remodeled at the year 2010. We expect these luxury appliances can last long long time because they are all built-in units. First, we received damage refrigerator aluminum panel at the beginning that we need to hold the installation to wait for replacement. It took almost all day to install the refrigerator. Three years ago, the motors need to be replaced. It took half day to replace because you need special tool and only have very limited space to work. Now, we have the 2nd failure of microwave in last two years and We were told the microwave is not repairable. It is almost $6,000 because it is one unit with the oven. As an owner experience of Thermador, the quality is not you can trust. Do not be fooled by their pictures or promotion. Their quality is very LOW.

Original review: July 26, 2018

I purchased $20K in Thermador kitchen and BBQ appliances in 2012. Products are attractive and appear well built and have generally performed OK, but "Customer Care" has been consistently terrible. The cooktop hood collects oil in a tray which leaked oil and stained our granite backsplash. After two service calls we fixed it ourselves, but too late for our backsplash - see a similar earlier posting also on this site (This is a simple design fix which any design engineering student could identify and remedy). Refrig unit failed recently after six years, and is still under warranty for parts.

However, Thermador has no authorized refrig service provider covering this area (where we purchased from their dealer) and will not provide warranty parts to a non-authorized servicer. The BBQ unit does not distribute gas evenly and one side is always much hotter than the other. The Bosch dishwasher works well but retains a residual food odor - it's stainless steel but plastic parts seem hold the odor. We haven't bothered to approach Thermador on this. Thermador quality is way under part, and the company is very poorly run with respect to customer experience and satisfaction.

I live in one of the fastest growing upscale communities in Southern California - one would think service availability for this area would be a priority. Nope. I have always been polite and respectful in my calls to Thermador - the first level staff is polite and tries to be helpful, but supervision and management has been curt and annoyed with my requests for help. Wish I had found this site prior to our purchase - we surely would have gone elsewhere, and you should too.

Original review: July 24, 2018

I purchased 3 Thermador appliances in 2015 when I remodeled my first Thermador kitchen, which I LOVED. First: the new wall oven, model MED271JS, the narrowest oven they make at 27" wide, does not heat properly. It beeps that it has reached the set temp., but actually is 50 degrees (more or less) below the set temp. Baking cookies is a crap shoot as to whether they will be flat, indicating too low an oven temp. and that is what I usually get...flat cookies. I have not been able to consistently correct this problem. Roasting is also unpredictable. I have ruined many of very expensive meals due to the temp problem.

I have had our local Thermador repair people out 3-4 times to address the inconsistent heating problem. They were unable to correct the issue and told me that new ovens now take longer (up to 30 minutes) to preheat an oven, and that this oven was operating as it should. Also, the oven cannot be set to start at a later time. It does have a Sabbath mode, but that has to be scheduled the day before I want to start up the oven, which for me is useless. So the oven does not heat properly and has no TIME BAKE setting. I will not purchase a Thermador product for my new house that we are building.

Second: the cooktop SGSX365FS, cooks beautifully. Temps are easy to control, but cleaning is a bear. The star shaped burners make cleaning far more difficult than round ones, but the shape does cover the bottom of pots better than round ones. And the glass plate under the knobs is not sealed to the cooktop, and is not removable to clean spills that flow underneath it! Now there is thoughtful engineering. I use a pipe cleaner to sort of clean the under surface. Lastly, the micro-convection microwave-oven combination unit, model MCES, works as expected. We often use it to bake small meals and the temp is far more predictable than in the main oven... It does not bake bakery very well but that is not recommended by Thermador. My first Thermador kitchen was beautiful and fabulous to use. Current Thermador products are sorely lacking. Sad.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Thermador?

Original review: July 20, 2018

Absolutely stunned at the extreme cost of this and the poor quality of the product. Thermador positions their products as being high-end and good quality, but their products including this freezer are the worst quality I have experienced. The freezer was brand new three months ago but wouldn't come out of "demo" mode which meant we couldn't use it. They had to send their repairman to come out and take it out of demo mode. He did that and then it turned on but the freezer doesn't get cold enough (meaning liquid ice cream), alarm keeps going of even when the doors are closed, and the ice maker and water system don't work. I called customer service again and they sent a repair guy. He tried some things but couldn't get it all to work so he said he had to leave for his next appointment so suggested we try something else ourself and if that didn't work it'd have to be replaced.

Guess what? Still didn't work. (And him leaving without resolving it should give you some idea of the customer service support you can expect.) Even after numerous repair appointments, it's still not functioning and never has. It's brand new and we have a warranty on it and bought the extended warranty too (since they are so expensive.) Their customer service team has literally been zero help continuing to tell me that they will get back to me "with a decision" from management within 48 hours. A decision on what? --Whether or not they are willing to replace it or if they are going to send another repair person. I've heard that line every few days for almost two months. I've been without a working freezer since it was installed three months ago.

After calling to check on the decision, they continue to say they will let management know I called and get back to me with a "decision in 48 hours." They are a company that has no intention of honoring their warranties or in providing great quality products like they try to position them as. They don't work, their repair team is not knowledgeable and the customer service team will give you the runaround. Absolutely NOT worth the cost. I will never buy one of their products again.

Original review: June 15, 2018

Spend over $5000 on a fridge, spend several hundred to repair it and waste numerous hours waiting for servicing. Spend months dealing with them on the phone listening to the same scripted responses from different people (since they will not discuss anything with you via email) and finally be told that for a few thousand dollars more they will replace the unit. AVOID this company at all costs.

Original review: June 15, 2018

After being a happy Wolf user for many years, I purchased Thermador appliances looking to save some money. Big Mistake. The equipment didn't work since installation and was told I have to wait 3-4 weeks for a replacement to get to Puerto Rico from Miami. I called yesterday for an update and was told the replacement will travel from Germany to Miami, and then Miami to Puerto Rico. Who knows how long this will take?! I can still not review the range because I can't use it without the vent hood. Very disappointed and mad at myself for purchasing this brand.

Original review: May 3, 2018

I bought a house that had a 4 burner Thermador gas cooktop. It was bad enough that the handles were so close to the burners that you risked burning yourself. But the burners are so close to the handles that they actually set the handles on fire. I had a pot of water for pasta on the cooktop. I turned around to chop some vegetables, when I looked back two of the knobs were on fire and shooting flames about 10 inches into the air. Obviously I could not turn off the burner since it was on fire, which was terrifying. I was able to smother the flames inverting a cast iron skillet over the flames. If you encounter one of these, get rid of it asap. They are very unsafe.

Original review: April 27, 2018

New home and 25k worth of brand new Thermador appliances. Dishwasher has not worked since day one. We have had three service calls, parts replaced, and it still doesn’t clean. Various excuses from Thermador. At one point they said, "Don’t wash the crud off your dishes before you put them in... It works better on dirty dishes." The reason we wash them off before putting them in is because it doesn’t work. They have refused to replace. We have escalated to management - a lady who claimed her name was Vanessa said there was nothing they could do as the last Thermador technician couldn’t find anything wrong.

That technician never put dirty dishes in it and ran a cycle. He simply didn’t see any error codes. We have owned 3 other dishwashers the last 18 years in three different houses. All of them have been Whirlpool and we have never had one problem. Won’t be buying any more Thermador appliances of any kind because if they don’t work... They won’t stand behind them. More money for the Thermador brand does not buy you better customer service and support. We are paying half of what we paid for this 6 month old brand new Thermador that has never cleaned a load of dishes for another Whirlpool. Thermador is pathetic.

Thermador Company Information