Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Thermador Reviews

Original review: Feb. 4, 2020

The ovens were installed in August, 2019. On November 26, 2019, the ovens would not turn off. I had 4 service calls related to that issue and failure of the ovens to preheat. The motherboard was replaced twice. I did not have ovens for Christmas or New Years. Thermador finally gave me new ovens after 8 weeks. The new ovens have a "software issue" according to Thermador and do not accurately show the preheat temperature of the ovens. The software fix timeframe is "not yet known". Don't buy this oven.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2020

I have had 5 service calls on this product in 7 years, I bought the extended warranty that ran out Feb 2019. Same issue, when you close the door it has too much pressure, makes a terrible sound and seals the door too tight to re-open. Usually you have to wait 4-5mins to open it again. The membrane and gaskets have been replaced numerous times, now it's under warranty and I will have to pay for someone to come back and replace the same thing. This was a very expensive unit and a total LEMON, will never buy or recommend.

Get expert buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2020

We have a broken Wall unit (combo of microwave+oven+hot drawer) that is ~2.5 years old. We got the unit from Karl's Appliances in Fairfield NJ and Wendy ** was the sales rep. We have had number of issues with several appliances that we ordered from Thermador. First, the double drawer fridge stopped working in 1.5 years or less and had to be completely replaced. Then, the second most expensive appliance of wall unit (combo of microwave+oven+hot drawer) developed a problem just a few months past 2 years of purchase. The microwave stopped working and started giving errors.

We didn’t expect this kind of quality of appliances from Thermador. Thermador provides warranty for 2 years and having the appliances fail just a little more than 2 years makes their quality inferior compared to the other brands out there. We used Thermador website to call George appliances and the person they send had no clue about the error nor how to even handle the trim of the microwave. We ended up paying the service call but with nothing in return. On top of that, we got quoted by George’s appliance for $1000 just to fix the microwave. This is a complete rip off by Thermador and their registered appliance repair shops. Thermador quality of appliances has been suspect in the last few years that we have used their appliances and even after buying expensive products, their products fail just as soon as the warranty expire. I wouldn’t recommend buying from Thermador or Karl's appliances and definitely not calling George appliances.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2019

I have Thermador cooktop, hood, warming drawers and double ovens since 2001 in my kitchen and I have been satisfied but very disappointed that they just keep replacement parts for 8 years and if you need repairs the technician have to search all over the country for a replacement part. Then we decided to have a winter home and they offer me an appliance package from Thermador that it was hard to pass. What a mistake! I think either Thermador make a incentive package out of the defected products or their quality has deteriorated so much that it has been a nightmare.

I would never again buy Thermador, I am writing this the morning of December 26, 2019. I couldn’t cook my Christmas dinner because my very new oven wouldn’t work! During Thanksgiving week the double fridge drawers woke up my whole family with its alarm many times during the night and then stopped working for 3 day. These fridge drawers were repaired a few months after being installed.

I called customer service and the agent told me that they were having an unusual amount of calls so he couldn’t set an appointment for me. They usually do because “I am an important customer because my whole kitchen is full of Thermador" but not today. I guess everyone that used their appliances for the holidays found out they don’t work the way they are supposed to. Also my hood leaks oil, my dishwasher leaked water and my warming drawer doesn’t do a good job. Very disappointed customer. DO NOT BUY THERMADOR.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2019

I bought Thermador highly recommended products, $14,000 and barely 3 yrs later so far refrigerator freezes food and ice maker has quit, dishwasher leaks water when running and NOW the oven won't keep a set temperature and has numerous quirks. It's really sad for high end units to only have 1 yr warranty. Customer service is horrible to top off the thermador experience. Last appliances were a fraction of the cost and run forever. THANKS THERMADOR!!!! HAD TO LEAVE 1 STAR CAUSE THERE WASN'T A NEGATIVE ONE.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Thermador?

Original review: Nov. 7, 2019

We have been in our new home for less than 1 year. Our microwave that had been installed for less than 10 months, started sparking in the unit while running. I called Thermador and they had to send a representative to find out issue. Took almost 2 weeks to have someone come. They came and said unit was faulty and to send in the recommendation to replace under warranty. That process took 3 weeks for them to finally approve. Then it took another 4 weeks for them to find a replacement.

Once replacement found it took another 2 weeks to ship. Once arrived it was damaged as if a boulder was dropped on it. This was a month ago and I still do not have a microwave and they still have not located a replacement to send me. Mind you, no one followed up with one call as they told me every time they would do once it was put into a new status. I have called them no less than 20 times to follow up. I did speak to a manager earlier this week who was the most helpful so far (Chrisy **) but she couldn't do anything to really speed along the finding of the merchandise.

My microwave broke in July under warranty. It's early November... That's almost 4 months with no microwave for an appliance we had for less than 10 months!! I would never recommend Thermador to another person based solely on their customer service. These are high-end appliances and one would think the customer service would compare to the prices. And the least they could do is to send me another one with the same functions, etc. This is beyond frustrating. Tara

Original review: Nov. 1, 2019

We purchased a high end Thermador Dishwasher 3 years and 10 months ago. We had a Whirlpool dishwasher that lasted about 12 years, which we replaced with a nice KitchenAid that lasted about 7 years. We then decided to upgrade to a high end Dishwasher in December of 2015. We purchased a Thermador Stainless Steel Dishwasher because we were told it was a much higher quality machine than the Whirlpool or KitchenAid and it would outlast them all. It lasted only 3 years and 10 months before the heating coil quit working last week. Now it only washes with cold water and grease or butter stays on the silverware and plates.

I called our local repair service and they said to contact Thermador because many companies will go ahead and cover repairs within a couple years of the warranty expiration. I called Thermador and they will not cover the repair diagnostic visit nor the parts if it is the heat coil, which is what the error code says that it is. I asked the representative to ask the supervisor again and he said we would have to pay for the first repair visit and he may "consider" covering 50% of the part ($54) only. I was shocked that the Thermador quit working only after 3 years 10 months of light use by only 2 people (1/3 of the time of the Whirlpool that had heavier use at that time) and then that Thermador wouldn't cover the complete repair even when asked nicely twice. I wanted to make sure others were aware and warned before they pay extra for a Thermador Dishwasher that may only last a couple years.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

We will NOT recommend Thermador to anyone moving forward. They have the WORST customer service as they are aware that all appliances are already installed and can not be ripped off. Their customer service is unflexible and has ZERO customer service satisfaction skills. We have requested Thermador prices for extended warranty for all appliances prior to the end official manufacturer warranty. We reached out to them to process extend warranty about 3 weeks after the official date, Manager charges us out of warranty fee and in addition the price of extended warranty. Conclusion: DO NOT BUY THERMADOR!!

Original review: Oct. 21, 2019

Well, the igniters started going out. Inexpensive part, so I bought the parts, but when the repair man came out he said this particular brand is built in a way that you can't replace them without paying more in labor than the unit is worth, that I should go get another cook top and NOT get a Thermador. Sure enough, I called Thermador and got a big worthless, "I'm sorry, there's nothing we can do about it." So I have a 150 dollar invoice for a repair man to come out here and tell me that, along with a very expensive worthless cook top.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2019

Puchased my second set of Thermador appliances for a new apartment. The 36 Inch fridge with bottom freezer, came with a door does not close fridge overheats - so it's turned off. This is NEW. Instead of giving me a new fridge, they have to repair. Also, after spending $26,000 on appliances you would think that the stainless steel used would match. Dishwasher stainless is glossy and rest of appliance stainless without shine; and it look pretty obvious. Customer service has nothing to say - they manufacture with different providers. What a waste of my money. I do not recommend this brand. Spend your money elsewhere.

Thermador Company Information