2. Homeowners
  3. Appliances

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.45/5

Thermador Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Thermador?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Thermador?

Original review: July 30, 2020

After 17 months it does not have the efficiency we were promised it would. A part was ordered and took two months to come. It was the wrong one. We ordered it again and it was the again the wrong part. We have now ordered another one. It’s backordered. Thermador is not the Appliance you want customer service is rated below zero! They have ROYALLY inconvenienced us. They are way over-priced for the hype they get! Thermador is an incompetent company!

Original review: July 15, 2020

Bought the hood for 6 years, had to replace control panel parts twice due to oil damaging it. It was due to the fact the control panel is not sealed resulting the smoke to enter the panel and cause damage. Thermador contest it is not a flaw and ask me to clean it more often. I clean my unit monthly, and asked to see how I can clean the panel so this will not happen. They said there is no way but not their fault. The panel lets in smoke and gets damaged. HORRIBLE service tech, customer service is horrible.

Get buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 11, 2020

We purchased a $700 MCES 2 Thermador Convection Microwave along with the $300 trim kit from Friedman's in Knoxville TN. It was installed in September 2018. In June 2020 the microwave stopped working. - magnetron failure. Thermador's online literature shows the MCES has a two year warranty from date of installation. I called Friedman's service department and was given the runaround. Lady claimed it was only one year warranty and I should just buy a new microwave since a magnetron was $600.

I then called Thermador direct. Originally, Thermador rep said yes it was a two year warranty further explaining that Bosch brand has a one year and sometimes people confuse them. However, days later he emailed to say that no, he was wrong and it was only one year. He told me that the "Use and Care Manual" that comes inside the packaging shows only a one year warranty. I forwarded copies of the online warranty literature to Friedman's and Thermador showing the product is advertised as having a two year warranty. Thermador reluctantly claims they will now replace the magnetron. We shall keep our fingers crossed!

Original review: July 10, 2020

While I love my Thermador gas cooktop and the hood’s suction, the electrical panels fail every 3-6 months. We purchased our appliances end of 2016 through Yale, and thank goodness, the extended warranty package. When it fails, the hood fan switches on randomly, goes through various speeds like a ghost, then turns itself off, then beeps forever, and then the fan dies altogether. Yale replaced the electrical unit ever time. After 18 months, the blower motor failed. That was a big deal because it’s mounted on the roof, and my husband had to climb on the roof to replace the motor. It’s 6 months since we replaced the hood’s electrical panel. Guess what? Like clockwork. It failed.

Original review: July 9, 2020

I spent THOUSANDS on what I'd expect to be high end appliances which included a column fridge/freezer/wine cooler, ovens, range and range hood. From day one when the installer came to install, parts were missing, for the freezer, the range hood had parts that were not correctly fabricated, the fridge had broken trays as well as a faulty motor which operates the push door for opening and closing. Contacted CS to explain and have them resolve. They sent a Tech out to verify the issues. He said the parts would to be ordered. This was in May and now we are in June and I still do not have these resolved.

In my first follow up call, I was told the parts had arrived and I should be receiving a call from the Tech to schedule an appointment. A week late, no call so I called CS again and asked to speak to a Supervisor. I was told the part never came and he didn't know why I was told it had. He then proceeded to tell me the part is still on order and it may take another few weeks. In the meantime, one of the parts (fridge tray) had been in the Tech's possession way back in June. I proceeded to ask if the Tech could come and install the tray but was told that it would cost Thermador an "unnecessary" expense and they would send the Tech out once the other parts are received. He made no attempts to accommodate nor had sympathy.

Considering all the crap that I have experienced, and patiently, I expected far more service and accommodation than was given. I purchased high-end appliances at a high cost expecting top-rated service, but it has not been anywhere near that. It's one thing to have bad products but to have horrific service too!!! From the reviews I've read on this site, it appears I'm not alone.

Original review: June 28, 2020

We paid a little over $25K for Thermador appliances and have had this equipment for almost three years. Our experience has been very poor. Given the price point, the equipment is unbelievably terrible. i.e. Our GE Profile appliances in our prior house had ZERO issues in 5 years and the equipment was 4 years old when we moved it. Thermador's customer support is difficult to reach. They're techs act like their is not a larger issue at hand even after you've called them 5 - 7 times over the same issue.

1. Double Oven (digital version): The double oven is either too hot or too cold (we've called Thermador 5 - 7 times and every time they come out their techs say 'Our ovens are within tolerance if they are 25 degrees over or under the set temperature'! Literally, the $400 Magic Chef oven/stove top that I grew up with had a more accurate and consistent oven temperature than the Thermador.

2. Stove top and Fridge: These haven't been so bad. The stove top had some issues with flames not burning even, which was resolved with new hardware. The fridge hinge wore into the plastic which was super annoying.

3. Dishwasher: Three years into use, this dishwasher stopped working. We've spend $500 in repairs and the non-Thermador tech said that Thermador appliances are known to have maintenance issues. Dishwasher will not run. First the pump stopped working, but it turned out there was a wire loose. Now we need a new electronic panel--I'm throwing this thing out and buying a Miele or Asko.

4. Customer Service: No joke there are times that I've waited for 30 - 50 minutes to reach customer support. Thermador techs tend to be arrogant and believe their equipment is 'the best' (which wouldn't be a big deal if Thermador's appliances backed up it).

I would not recommend Thermador--you'd be better off buyings anything/something cheap from Lowes or Home Depot.

Original review: June 10, 2020

I'm on my 3rd Thermador full package in my 3rd house. Same pkg 3 times w/ some upgrades: Pro Harmony range, Pro fridge, Top of the line Sapphire dishwasher, microwave drawer, hood. $25k+. The 1st pkg was good. The 2nd pkg had issues w/ the range. Spark units were intermittently working. Repaired, worked fine. Dishwasher recalled electrical shocks or leaks. Don't remember. Microwave/dishwasher made by Bosch worked well.

Now 3rd pkg. Fridge auto door assist mostly doesn't work. Replaced parts-still doesn't work. Gave up. The range is THE WORST! I've had 12 repair calls.. 4 of 6 burners are blasting like blow torches since day 1. They're super loud. The repairman said tech support told him "It's supposed to be like that." I appealed because my last one didn't do that. Thermador told me to convince "the boss" to help even tho she agreed that there's something wrong with it. This is ridiculous! After replacing almost every part in the range w/ 12 service calls. Countless phone calls! 4 burners still blast like blowtorches. I memorized the model # PRG366, $6300. Replaced regulator twice. Gas company checked pressure twice. I need a replacement, but Thermador isn't helping. The PRG366 at my last house on the same street didn't do this.

Original review: May 21, 2020

I recently purchased a Thermador dishwasher to replace my previous Thermador dishwasher that I had owned for approx 15 years. My previous dishwasher was a 48 decibel and extremely quiet. If standing next to it I could not hear it, in order to hear it I had to put my ear right next to it. This new dishwasher is very loud. It says it is a 48 Decibels, but it is so loud I can hear it in the next room. I am so disappointed in my new dishwasher. When I talk to the rep who sold me the dishwasher he said that I should not be able to hear it and that I should call Thermador and that they would take care of any issues I had.

I called and they sent out a technician. The Tech "YES" indeed that is loud and not normal. He said that he was going to check with the company because it sounded like they did not insulate it or built correctly. He called me back a few days later to say that there was nothing he could do to my dishwasher and I should call customer service. I called customer service and they were NO help. I did everything that they asked. I uploaded a video with my invoice. They said I would be contacted. I was never contacted, I had to contact them several times.

Finally one customer service rep said that they would replace my dishwasher and that I would hear back from them in 24 to 48 hours. They never called me back, after a week of waiting I called them, only for them to tell me that they were still working on it and they would call me back. Customer support has been giving me the run around since April 27th.

The sad part about this is that the reason I bought thermador is because 15 years ago when I remodel my kitchen I purchased a matching set, 48" professional range, Hood and dishwasher to match. This is why I stuck with the same brand. But now I say buyers beware of this awful customer service. They will not be helping me with my dishwasher. Instead all they did was just extended my warranty. How is that going to help my loud dishwasher? I will not buy Thermador again and in the next couple of years when I upgrade my range and hood it will not be Thermador! They just lost a $20,000 sale!! I will for sure be returning this LOUD dishwasher!

Original review: March 20, 2020

We could not be more pleased with this product. Quiet, does a good job easy to load, love the cutlery rack, lots of choices for setting the wash cycle. This is the best we have had! We love it.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2020

The ovens were installed in August, 2019. On November 26, 2019, the ovens would not turn off. I had 4 service calls related to that issue and failure of the ovens to preheat. The motherboard was replaced twice. I did not have ovens for Christmas or New Years. Thermador finally gave me new ovens after 8 weeks. The new ovens have a "software issue" according to Thermador and do not accurately show the preheat temperature of the ovens. The software fix timeframe is "not yet known". Don't buy this oven.

Thermador Company Information