2.7/5 (930 ratings)

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Thermador Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Thermador?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Thermador?

Original review: May 11, 2022

I purchased a PRG366WH range in 2021. 4 regular burners and 2 simmer burners. The 4 burners run too high on the lowest setting and cannot be adjusted per the factory. The 2 simmer burners function fine but they turn on and off every minute with the pilot light sparking every time. Very annoying and can be heard in the next room while watching television. Unbelievably poor design. Very surprised that absolutely nothing can be done about this. Very dissatisfied with the product and unfortunately I spent close to $10,000. I simply cannot recommend this product. I am a former professional chef and so this is even more disappointing.

Original review: April 28, 2022

I bought the entire series of Thermador line of product and it was looking nice but my kitchen hood (blowers) blown in less than 3 year and it cost me for repair $ 1560.00. I do not know it was my right decision to buy

Get buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 25, 2022

I have a very expensive Thermador freezer. It with keeping proper temperature in October 2021. Contacted Thermador on 11/4/21. It takes a month or more to actually schedule an appointment and I've had 4 service appointments since and it's still not fixed. It's been over 5 months with no ability to even talk to a supervisor or get any positive action from the company. It's the worst customer service I've ever experienced.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2022

Personal experience. So first new house new microwave goes out 6 months after warranty expires. Cheaper to buy new one than fix.... So maybe it was bad luck

New and second home.... Freezer has lots of frost.... They send repair folks twice and finally order a new one. It takes over 6 months to come in. Once installed the ice maker stops working (not compatible??). Parts have been ordered since December and was just told they should be reordered on March 15th. So in the year and a half I have owned this freezer it has not worked right yet. By the time I get the parts it will be out of warranty. For me? Never again.... Never again....

Original review: Dec. 14, 2021

I bought the stove in late August 2021, first call for service in September, November repair replacing 2 burners, gas jets, module, cover, ignition. One week later 2 burners not working, small oven not working. Large oven not heating evenly. Where I bought it said call Thermador customer service and request a new stove. Called Thermador, got a case number, supplied all info, received an email saying I need a tech to diagnose that it is not operating properly -- da dude! No techs in Vermont are even returning calls, the store I brought it from says Thermador responds to customers. Not them. Wow $12 --!3,000.00 for a new stove that is 3 months old and this is the service one receives. !!!Don't Do It. Buy Something Else!!! Terrible! Nothing good to say about this stove, the service and the company.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2021

We built a new home and Thermador MADE us upgrade to the newer model because they sold the one we bought. THAT said, our freezer broke 2 years later. After multiple attempts to repair with a local "third party" repair company, Thermador admitted they CAN'T fix our freezer. As you can imagine they will NOT replace ours free of charge and want to charge us money for a new one. We have been trying to get this fixed or replaced for over 6 months and they will NOT help us. They will NOT do what they say and they will not email or call us back as they have promised over the last 8 phone calls. Each time I call I sit on the phone for at least 30-50 min before getting through and getting NOwhere with them. This is an awful company with awful service and products. DO NOT BUY their products. It is the worst service I have ever had by a "luxury" company. what a waste of money and time.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2021

My range has a two burners with a simmer control function that keep failing. In the past 4 years have had several visits from technician - one dispatched directly by Thermador. Each state the Potentiometer needs replacing. Have had this part replaced 3 times in last 4 years with parts directly supplied by Thermador. Fails every 9 to 12 months - and part has a limited warranty. Have spent hundreds of dollars on repairs. Impossible to get thermador on the phone. Have submitted service request and complaint as directed through their online portal. No response. For such an expensive, high end product - would expect much more. Would not recommend purchasing.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2021

We purchased a group of Thermador appliances in 2016 when renovating our kitchen. We thought that we were purchasing high quality reliable appliances and we could not have been more wrong. Our double wall ovens have malfunctioned since 2017. Every year these ovens stop working and we have to pay out between $450-$900 each time even after these ovens were supposedly repaired before the warranty ran out. This year we had service on August 24 and paid $927.00 for a new relay panel. Now on November 18, 2021, within three months, we have to have both fans replaced at a cost of $864.00. The fans have already been replaced multiple times and contact with Thermador, the local rep and the retailer have produced either no response or "sorry we don't deal with service issues".

On top of this the Thermador dishwasher purchased at the same time requires a new motor. We have been careful with these appliances, do not put the self clean on too frequently and try to be mindful of usage. I would run for the hills before purchasing Thermador or any products under the same manufacturer-I feel we were sold a very expensive "bill of goods"-abominable!

Original review: Nov. 12, 2021

Let me count the ways I am fed up with Thermador. I purchased a package of expensive thermador appliances. The oven has not worked since the day I bought it—2 years ago. The service is next to non existent. Was supposed to have a service call today and when I called the service # (after being on hold over half an hour) and asked to speak to the supervisor, the rep hung up. Can’t speak with anyone with authority to do something. Can’t believe I will actually have to purchase a new oven

Original review: Oct. 24, 2021

I have owned my side by side for 12 years. You will discover that while the unit is "under Warranty" for 12 years--they do NOT stock parts after 8 years!! The trick is they will offer you money towards "sliding into a new fridge"--where you will continue to be captive to them. The new unit of what I own now costs $15,000. I made a service appointment THREE WEEKS ago for Monday, October 25, 2021, and was told I couldn't get one sooner because Thermador doesn't have workers.

When I called Friday before to see why they had not told me a time, they said I had cancelled the appointment. (I had not). When I complained, the Thermador rep disconnected me. I had waited 20 minutes for her to answer the call. For their price, I could buy a new GE or Frigidaire every three years, and still not be out $15,000. Let's face it----all we need is something to keep our food cold, right?

Thermador Company Information