1.26/5
Based on 316 reviews that contain star ratings

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

487 Thermador Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

The worst service ever! My brand new range had a broken oven glass door and won't heat up to correct temperature. Didn't show up at scheduled time or later that day. Needed to reschedule. Finally came back and technician didn't know how to fix oven temp problem but did install new glass door. As temp problem still existing another appointment made with a request to have a different tech. Although appointment confirmed morning service call no one showed up. Customer support department worthless as only a call desk. Has no way to communicate with technicians nor can provide a COI as required in most apartment buildings in NYC. I will never buy another Thermador product again!

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

I have an older 18 year cooktop and only one burner is broken. The cooktop looks like new and three of the four burners work perfectly. I can’t believe a replacement burner is not available. Over the years I have repaired many appliances way older than 18 years. Hate the thought on my very fixed income to have to buy a new cooktop rather than replace one burner. What a waste of money and equipment.

Get expert buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

We have a Thermador range and vent hood. The 4 out of 6 range pilot light works, the other 2 works on and off for years. One of the range hood lamp stop working even with new bulb, got on their site and email them for replacement part, after 3 weeks and two email still waiting. What a terrible customer service, I would never recommend them for anything. Their products are overprice and their service is just sooooo poor.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

My husband and I built our dream retirement home and used Thermador for all our kitchen appliances to the tune of $20,000.00. First time opening refrigerator doors the header trim piece fell off and struck my husband in the head. Technician came back and slammed piece in with his fist, but still works its way loose over the course of a month, at which time my husband has to smack it back into place (very poor design). We are currently on our second stove. First one had back burners that looked as if we were cooking on campfires. Technicians came back three times to try and correct flames with no luck.

Thermador requested analysis of our gas provider, who is very reputable and service many of our neighbors without any issues. After approximately a year of going back and forth, Thermador finally swapped out our stove and gave us a new one. However, just recently we tried to use the self-cleaning feature on our second stove and to our dismay it does not work. For this price point you would not expect such poor performance. We have already steered two couples who are our friends away from going with Thermador (one went with GE Monogram and the other with Wolf) and they are very happy. We would not recommend Thermador and would highly suggest that anyone in the market for a new appliance look elsewhere.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

2 1/2 year old Professional Series Thermador side-by-side ‘frig. Ice maker stopped working and we were told it was out of warranty. 2 people in our household and neither of us typically use ice in our water, etc, so it has pretty limited use. Repair person said he’d replaced more of these than he can count and was sorry that it was Thermador vs Whirlpool. He said the part needed is the same as the one for Whirlpool refrigerators but that it costs 2Xs as much because it is Thermador! $600 later we have a functioning ice maker...but for how long. NO MORE THERMADOR.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Thermador?

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

Our Dishwasher stop in mid cycle and flooded our Kitchen. We called the Technical support line and they sent out a repair person. This issue could have been solved over the phone by explaining to check the drain that has a sensor that shuts down the unit if the filter needs to be cleaned. The repairman spent 5 minutes cleaning the drain for a charge of $189.00 dollars that could have been explained and troubled shot with a five minute call. We have new house and we are replacing all the Thermador appliance. They were a waste of money.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

I contacted Thermador customer service in AUGUST to request service for my water dispenser. The water button stopped working. It is now DECEMBER. Over the last four months we received the wrong part no less than 3 times. The part is estimated to cost in the $500 range. The technician "rigged" the button to work on his last visit but it ultimately failed. I called customer service again today - asked for a supervisor who was horrible. No answer/update/information. She told me she would "get back to me" which I assume will be much like no one has done since AUG. Apparently this kind of thing "can take months". I told her it HAS BEEN MONTHS. Please Thermador... come fix my water dispenser!

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

I wish I'd never bought it. This Thermador range has very finicky computer boards under the two X-LO simmer burners which are the first to go. My stove was delivered in September; the first burner broke in November, the next one in December, a third one in January, and in February, the original broken one broke again. I had 7 service appointments in the first 6 months for 4 out of 5 burners, and I wanted to return the stove. It's a lemon, or a bad design. But neither the appliance store nor Thermador would hear of it. Thermador extended my warranty another year, and that first burner just broke again. So I've had 10 service calls now in two years. I told my friend who was shopping not to get this stove, but she ignored my advice, got a Thermador, and had to call service for repair in the first couple months. Choose a Wolf or Viking instead!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

Thermador appliances are for sure sleek beautiful appliances. My experience with delivery, product reliability, service and customer service is/was not so good. I have purchased a dishwasher, range, range hood, and refrigerator. I've had these appliances for about 1 month. Delivery: Three dishwashers were delivered to my home as each was damaged.

Reliability: The refrigerator just flat out stopped working within 3/4 weeks. Service in my area is hard to find in my area. The appliance service from the purchaser was supposed to be wonderful, however, not so much for Thermador. It's been almost 2 weeks now, no fridge and Thanksgiving is in 5 days. Very frustrated with no callbacks and having to chase service provider. Breakage: The range door, upon moving into place, simply came off. I'm unsure the motive to have it work this way, please beware. I do wish that my experiences were better, they are beautiful, however having appliances that are ready to install when delivered and in working order is much more important. Good luck.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

I bought all new kitchen appliances 3 1/2 years ago when my fridge died but wasn't ready to install the rest because of a kitchen remodel that was planned in the near future. Went to install last week and the oven knob broke the first time I turned on the oven. Called customer service and offered to provide pictures of new stove that anyone would understand has never been used and pictures of the box that is still on my porch and they said they would not help. I would hope a company that sells a 7500.00 stove would provide some help. I will look for a company next time that cared about what they sell. I will never buy another Thermador again and I would suggest you find a brand that cares about what they sell.

Thermador Company Information

www.thermador.com
Your special offer awaits

Looking to save time and money? Join our community today! Community members receive important consumer news alerts and enjoy perks like discounts and special offers from brands they love. Ready to join?

Sign up now with your email address!

Join our community to recieve important consumer news and enjoy perks like discounts and special offers from brands you love.