1.18/5
Based on 39 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Looking for a home improvement contractor?

ServPro

Select stars to rate your experience
    Very dissatisfied with the experienceDissatisfied with the experienceSatisfied with the experienceHappy with the experienceWould recommend to a friend
    Last updated: April 14, 2018

228 ServPro Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
    Original review: April 14, 2018

I agree with Pete from NC's review... Servpro, Milford, Ct is not qualified to do restoration work, our house is a mess after their work, our wood is buckling, 2 tables bowed out, all from having the dehumidifiers on for too long. Front door was sprung, scratches on dining room wood floor. Wood in family room (another dehumidifier) cracking, buckling, etc. The paint job was terrible, misses, bubbles, paint over dirt From the wonderful containment wall. In respect to the boy who was left here alone to do it all, he tried. I will not recommend ServPro to my family or the many friends we have in Harwinton and Torrington, Ct. This is not This in my mind is not acceptable to anyone (much less a woman with stage 4 cancer).

Original review: April 12, 2018

I have dealt with this Servpro office on many occasions as an Insurance company representative. This company is not competent in the field of water mitigation/restoration services and act in an unprofessional manner. Their business practice is to do work that is not necessary and to leave their equipment on site for extended periods of time. They overcharge for their services, write inflated estimates and overcharge their customers and insurance companies. In many cases they have billed for work that their clients do not have sufficient insurance to cover leaving their customers in financial straits. In simple terms they are ripping off consumers and insurance companies.

Get expert buying tips about Home Improvement Contractors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 11, 2018

ServPro was suppose to be my savior during a fire I experienced and was recommended by my insurance company. Long story short money was stolen from my home and because the employees said they didn’t do it it never happened. Pretty low of the employees for stealing from a family who just suffered a fire and even lower for the company to back them up! I’m supposed to just let it go, so here’s me letting it go.

Original review: March 11, 2018

Had a sewer backup in our basement. Caught it fairly quickly and the contaminated area was limited. When called back by the ServPro representative, I was asked how big the area that needed to be cleaned was and I estimated, "no more than 300 sq feet". In fact, I really did not know what the area measured, but it was quite limited and the amount of water that needed to be removed was very small. Mostly, I wanted the area sanitized. It was of course a weekend. I was quoted $1000.00. I was astonished. The representative said that it is so expensive because it costs hundreds of dollars in gas, to just drive out to our house. What BS.

I asked what the charge would be if they waited until Monday and was told $850. I asked if someone could come out to give an estimate, based on the actual need and was told that was not possible. I asked if they got to the house and the job was smaller than I described, would the price drop and was told "no, the price was firm". So, based on my very rough estimate of area (I am a nurse, not a contractor), the price was fixed and if I was incorrect on my estimate, no adjustment would be made. Period! We have had our total 900 sq foot house painted for slightly more than that. What a ripoff ServPro is!!! In the meantime, we called ServiceMaster of Apple Valley, who charged $350 for the weekend, $85 for an hour's worth of work and a little more for the humidifier and fans. They came quickly and cheerfully. Hopefully, this is our last sewer backup, but if it isn't, you can be sure we will not call ServPro.

Original review: March 8, 2018

COMPLAINT ABOUT SERVPRO LANCASTER/EAST YORK. I had a water leak in my home. We reported it to my Home Owners Insurance. We had ServPro of West York come in and do a cleanup. They did a great job! They told me they also did the restoration work. I was interested in getting a quote. I also went to Home Depot for a quote on replacing flooring. I contacted the ServPro in East York for an estimate. Two people came into my home, the owner of the Franchise (a women) and a gentleman who was with her. The woman was not people-friendly. The first thing she asked me was "who is your Insurance Company?" That was my first red flag!! She asked me why the insurance company wasn't replacing all of my carpets, she rudely insulted me and told me she thought my other carpets were dirty and why not replace them. An obvious ploy to create a bigger job, more money for them.

I told her I wanted to do tile in the kitchen instead of hardwood, but, wanted to keep hardwood in the powder room, she again scolded me and said, "Why? So this can happen again?" Rude!! After they left, I thought, "Wow I am not using them." What really confirmed my decision was when they sent me their quote? I couldn't believe it, it was outrageously overestimated! They were trying to scam my insurance company! I don't love insurance companies but, I still don't believe in cheating them. Home Depot gave me a quote for $6,300.00 while they gave me a ballooned quote of $13,000. AGAIN, GET OTHER QUOTES OR THEY WILL RIP YOU AND YOUR INSURANCE COMPANY OFF! Believe me companies want your business, and they will gladly come out and do a quote for free!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ServPro?

Original review: March 7, 2018

I feel I was cheated, exploited and placed into debt to restore a basement that this company destroyed instead of properly drying floors and removing damaged wallboard material done by a 2" water pipe break in a pipe in the ceiling of the basement powder room. After my signing of the contract I never saw the contractor again; he never informed me of the test results required to determine the walls that needed to be removed; never solicited or received my approval to demolish my entire basement at a cost of $7,000 and creating the need for $21,000 for me to restore my basement to its original level.

I feel this contractor snatched my job from the SERVPRO dispatch and drove from California with laborers to make some fast money; realized my job would not be large if done correctly; and dropped 2 laborers at my basement with sledgehammers and instructed them to destroy every wall. He was unavailable in person and took hours and days to return my repeated complaint calls.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

On 1/2/18 a pipe burst in our ceiling and flooded our dining room. The floor and ceiling were ruined. We called ServPro. They did come out that very morning however, the woman that was with them came in reeking of cigarette smoke. Though she did not smoke in our house, the stench of it was very strong on her. I explained to her that our son has asthma and even the smell of cigarettes would bother him. The men on the crew proceeded to tear down the ceiling without putting down drop cloths or a barrier plastic between the dining room and the rest of the house. Consequently we ended up with a heavy dust throughout the house from the dry sheetrock and dry insulation that they pulled down.

Everything in our kitchen was covered with dust and insulation. I explained to them again that my son has asthma and that they needed to clean everything up well. The woman assured me they would. NOTHING was cleaned up. They tore up our yard with their vehicles, left debris in the yard and could not get it through their heads that it was supposed to be a turn key job. They were so slow communicating with our insurance that our agent finally had to go above someone's head at the main office. We ended up telling them not to come back and had to hire our own contractors to put in a new floor and ceiling. We will NEVER call ServPro again nor will we ever recommend them to anyone else.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

My sewer line backed up into a drain in my basement, causing about two-thirds of the area to be wet with sewer water and some toilet paper. I got that problem fixed, cleaned up the water and called Servpro to do the sanitizing. The gentleman who answered the phone told me they'd be there the next morning between 8 and 9 am.

No one showed up but I received a call shortly after 9. He'd neglected to get my address during the initial phone call so I provided it and he said the techs were on their way and would be there in about 20 minutes. I asked him at that time if I would be provided an estimate prior to any work being done and he said "Absolutely."

Almost an hour later I received a call from the tech letting me know they'd be there in 15 minutes, and they did finally show up about 10:15. I showed him the area and said I only wanted the sanitizing done because we'd already cleaned up the water. About 10 minutes later he came and told me it would be $900! I said no, for that kind of money I'll go out and buy a steam mop and do it myself. He said, "Well that's all we're going to do." (Mind you, this is a townhouse so the basement area is not that large at all.It's a tile floor and there was no furniture in it, nothing even had to be moved!)

He then told me he could drop it down to $800 and I still said no. He asked how much I'd be willing to pay and I told him $500 was about my limit. His eyes lit up and he said he could do it himself for $500 but it would have to be later that day, after he got off work. I just looked at him and said "Uh, no." He then told me I'd probably get a call from his boss about paying the trip charge. I replied that he never mentioned anything about a trip charge (unlike the plumber the previous day who made it clear, up front, that no matter what else there'd be a $45 trip charge) in either conversation.

He left, but came back to my door a few moments later saying his boss had told him to collect the $50 trip charge. I told him again that I was not paying the trip charge, I was never told about a trip charge nor had I ever agreed to a trip charge. I got a call from the office a little while later but when I answered there was no one on the other end.

It seems from their website they do mostly large jobs and work directly with the insurance company. Maybe because of that they are accustomed to charging exorbitant fees. Maybe those that have a huge mess on their hands don't feel like they have a choice in whether to use the services or not. I don't know what to make of the experience except that I was pretty shocked (a) at the price and (b) at the tech's offer to do it himself after hours at a reduced price. Not to mention the audacity of charging a trip fee never previously mentioned and after showing up 1-2.5 hours after they said they would.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

It all started on New Year's. Our upstairs bathroom had a frozen pop. Got home. The next day we meet with SERVPRO. The first crew that comes in is very helpful the first day. But right from the start we see inconsistencies with what they say they will do. They get a key to my condo and say they will call before and after they leave. 7 out of ten times they never locked the front door. Always had different people coming in and out at random times. We were staying upstairs because all of their work was downstairs after the plumber fixed the leak. My fiancé and I got woken up by some random at least two times a week by opening the bedroom door. They would say, "Oh man I had no idea someone was here." Such a lie. They all have a folder with notes on it that specify exactly where the works at. No knock. No call out. Just walk into my room. It started to feel like they were snooping around. And yes they were.

Our condo is still not done. It’s the 13th of February and they are almost done with the flooring. On Sunday February 11th @ 4:00 pm same thing happens. I walk right into a ** male. I know immediately Who he is, "Servpro right?" "Yup" then introduces himself as a subcontractor for Servpro. I say, "Okay take him in and show him what to do." Then I notice he has a young ** female that looked anywhere from 15-17 years of age. Another ** male no older than 13 and his wife or girlfriend in the front of a Maroon cargo van. The girls stay in the van and are in the driver and passenger front seats. I offer him to let his family come and sit inside. He says, "Oh that’s okay man. They are going to just be playing games on their phones." I’m thinking damn now my garage is open and I can’t watch everyone myself.

Now I help them carry in stuff because the young boy is no taller than 4’10” and we were carrying in heavy stuff. Then he says, "Thanks man. Nobody here ever offers to help me I." That’s when I tell him, "Well I’m from Hawaii" and we strike up a great conversation. From there on it felt almost as if we were friends. I tell him If they need me I will be upstairs. He says, "Okay we’re good for now thanks." I feel really comfortable I had a little share about where I was from and he asked questions and seemed very engaged. So I’m upstairs now. Lots of noise going on. Tack strips getting nailed into concrete. At this point I’m in such deep concentration with my work. I forgot about them immediately I realize I don’t hear anyone. I walk downstairs and look around. All his tools are there but no one. Then I hear something in the garage. The two kids are in the corner of my garage the ** female is sitting.

The ** boy is standing looking at my stuff. I say, "Hey what’s going on? Where’s the adults?" "Oh they had to run to the store." Ok weird and she’s smoking a cigarette in my garage. So I get the boy a chair. He sits. I grab a couple of my tools, my two smoke vapes and accessories that were laying out charging. I just kept thinking to myself who leaves underage children at a House they are supposed to be working on. I almost called the manager of ServPro and said something but of course I was thinking with my heart not my brain. They looked like they were really poor and worked hard to support the children and I didn’t want to be taking any food off their table by telling on them. So I held back my concerns and just tried to keep an eye on them without making them feel uncomfortable.

So I walk back and forth pretending to be doing things but really watching. That makes them uncomfortable enough so they both walk into the house and go into my room where the dad's supposed to be working. It takes both adults 45 minutes to get back from the store. He walks in like no big deal and gets right back to work. I want to say something so bad but don’t. I keep quiet occasionally popping in on all three of them. At one point the ** male had answered his cellphone and was clearly having a heated conversation. At that same moment I turn back and notice the ** boy looking back at me as if he did something wrong. So I immediately follow him outside look around the back of their van. I think, "Man I’m paranoid". That’s terrible. As I’m walking back in to the house I noticed the ** male near our dressers. Way far away from his work area.

The reason I move everything myself I don’t want anyone in my house longer than they should be. And they have no chance to steal things without you knowing. I just finished telling myself, "You’re paranoid. Stop it." So I go upstairs, talk with my fiancé about what to do for dinner and by the time I knew it they cleaned up. Swept and Vacuumed everything. It looked so good I was so stoked on getting my room back. We look over the job. I thank him and everyone that helped out. I wanted to tip them but couldn’t because I had the Work car not my Jeep. I felt so bad I really wanted to tip them like I did a few other Servpro employees. So we all leave at the same time. Getting in the vehicle I see his broom and vacuum. "Hey man you forgot this". He runs in the garage and says, "Good helps hard to find these days." He then tells me, "Oh I have your keys to the condo. I need to hide them under the front mat."

6:30 pm. We both leave at the same time. My fiancé and I get home around 9:00pm. I’m so excited to rearrange our bedroom. Can’t wait to not have to climb those stairs. We can’t decide how to set up our room with the same old stuff. Then I get her to help me carry an old dresser from garage in. As we bend down to get ahold of it. Immediately I see a brand new torque wrench that I bought for doing head gasket jobs missing from its spot on my workbench. You can see the dust around where it just recently sat in the case. I stop and look at my table. Everything has a spot that it belongs. Old iPhone 7plus box with damaged phone was opened and set aside. All of my power tools that I keep boxes for when I have to warranty them were opened. My Matco tools.

I then call SERVPRO 865-690-9658 dispatch @ 9:49 pm. Woman keeps interrupting me before I can speak. Finally she says someone will contact me. At 10:16 pm Shawn from Servpro calls, asks some details and recommends police report in the morning. Then says he will be there tomorrow. So @ 8:14am I get a call from 865-690-9658. He claims to be the guy that will prosecute the person who stole from us. They end up being the two Managers from this area. So he starts to ask me questions and tries to give the cop staredown. His last Name is **. This guy really pours it on. He was just short not really sincere and wouldn’t look at you unless he felt like he had to mad dog you. Unbelievable and they have no time to answer any questions you have. They half answer as they turn their backs on you.

Now the other Manager he was a little friendlier. Anyhow ** tells me I can’t do anything about it unless I have actual video cameras to prove it. It was a couple hundred bucks and I told him, "You know what. I’m not calling the cops. Never have. Won’t start now. Just give me the guy's address." You should’ve seen his face. He was so pissed. I figured what a headache for couple hundred bucks. The subcontractors boss heard me talking to them this morning. He called his guy right away and asked about my tools. He said that he would look to see if his helpers accidentally picked up my tools. Then said he would call us back right around lunch. His boss comes in. He had brought all of my tools back for me and said his guy said he’d look for my tools and immediately said, "Nope nothing here." It was too fast of an answer so I got you these.

Now we’re all having a great time. I give his boss a 350.00 gift certificate from my business. To show my appreciation for just the thought that was just amazing to me. Now we start going through our things and unpacking dresser and desk. We are missing all of my fiancé’s jewelry. Before this subcontractor got here we packed everything into the 6 drawer dresser. We had everything labeled. Everything valuable was there and something I cannot ever replace. My two NI’IHAU SHELL LEIS. The person who has these you have no use. Please return them. They have been passed down for generations throughout the Hawaiian islands. And my fiancé’s ring has our names engraved on the inside of them. Please help if you see our NI’IHAU SHELL LEIS OR RING MAHALO.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

My home was damaged by a Huge tree in September 2017 by Hurricane Harvey. State Farm suggested I call ServPro to dry the house out so no more water damage would be done and they would bill State Farm directed. That they did for $21,758.21. They didn't go over any details of price with me. Just had me sign the iPad. After 30 days of drying out the house with their equipment that was already dried due to the warm weather in Georgia. I had a contractor that was given me an estimate and he inform me he had been by the house and ServPro would be outside sitting in their truck and the house was still in the same conduction it was in the last three days that he came by. He suggested that I call the manager and have them to pack up their equipment and end the contract with ServPro because they are just milking up the insurance funds and that they had only done about $7,00.00 worth of work.

The manager (**) came and told me that the ServPro had changed management and they didn't know who my insurance adjuster was and that's why they wasn't coming over doing any work. They called State Farm because they had not received payment and was advised to call me because I had received the payment for the damage and they needed to contact me for payment. ServPro had no attention on sending me a copy of the invoice. The invoice included man hours for 24 hours per day (30 days) that ServPro didn't do because they didn't show up every day as promised. I was told that one of the workers had a family emergency and they all was like family so they wouldn't be there. The invoice is not easy to read but I noticed they had charged me for working in the bathroom due to water damage.

The bathroom was the only room that didn't have damage and the only thing they did in the bathroom was run the hoses from the equipment into the bathtub to drain from the other rooms. I told them to look at the picture that they sent me on the invoice because they was dated with two different dates and there was no difference in the pictures. They removed the charges for the bathroom after reviewing the pictures. If you use ServPro my suggestion is to meet them at the house. Do not leave them a key to your house so you will know when they come and have them sign a login sheet with date, time, and what work they did each day. Check the hourly rate and how long it takes to complete the assignment. ServPro will never get any service from me again.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

After making payment on the phone last week, yesterday, I got a very disturbing call from ServPro that I have a bill. Initially, she said that I had services done from Hurricane Harvey, which was wrong. It was not from hurricane Harvey. My pipes busted at home. Then she proceeded to tell me that I have an outstanding bill. Lady was somewhat accusatory and felt that I was lying when I told her that I had given my credit card info to another person. I gave the name of the person that took my payment on the phone. After verifying, she says that her computer did not catch the payment, as an excuse. Leaves a very bad taste on ServPro. There are other companies out there. Use them.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

Had a leak under my sink that went underneath the tile in my kitchen. Worked with Bill ** in CT and he continued to not respond to my emails or calls to help me navigate the situation. He was completely different than his first visit when I had the leak. After my third email attempt, after he returned from being away requesting to have someone else assist me if he wouldn't, still no return call or email. Now everything is dried up in the kitchen and too late to pursue. I am only hopeful that I do not have mold in my home with young children. Very unprofessional!!!

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

This company was on the recommended list by my homeowner's insurance. Dealt with Jeff ** on 10/18/17. Nice guy. They did Mitigate the water damage. When it came time for the reconstruction he told me they would come back on a Tuesday. Wednesday arrive and I started calling. I had no ceiling and no floors. His brother Greg was suppose to start on the reconstruction. He then stated it would be 3 weeks before they could start on the work. I contacted the Owner Cole, he said he would contact the next day and never did. In the middle of this process I had to find another company. ServPro also did some minor damage to my hardwood floors as a result. I came out of pocket for that damage. They left drink containers, etc. around my home and my house was in turmoil. Please be careful when dealing with ServPro. This company could not finish the work and I came out of pocket with some damage while they were in my home.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

We had a big leak last October. ServPro from Orange County, NY came in. After the initial visit to access the situation, the crew they sent in were not only slow but packed things in a crazy manner. I mean CD's they used paper like crazy and my Longaberger and Fiestaware they had paper but not packed well. I just started unpacking and already found my Longaberger Extra Large Mixing Bowl Shattered, my Longaberger retired oval vegetable bowl shattered and my Fiestaware platter shattered.

I have not even opened the majority of boxes and I am just sick thinking about it. This stuff broke because they insisted on bringing it back their headquarters and then back to our house. They never even cleaned it as they said and we had to throw them off the job after 3 months for a variety of reasons. That is when they brought back over 170 boxes of stuff and none of it was washed, which was the reason they were taking it off-site. It is a big racket and I already have hundreds of dollars of broken items.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

My experience with ServPro was absolutely terrible. I unfortunately had two different water damages in my home within 60 days. I was instructed by my home insurance to call ServPro at the time of the first claim. It was a weekend and I knew it would be pricey but we had just gotten home from vacation to a flooded basement. I will say the technicians in the field were courteous and did a great job. I then had a water pump burst on my washer machine approximately 60 days later. This time I did not call my insurance as it would not be covered. So I called ServPro and they came out independently on my behest. Again this was a weekend so prices tripled for equipment, but I wanted to be safe and not sorry.

Upon receiving the invoice for my independent call to them I paid it on the spot with Jessica the accounts manager over the phone totaling nearly $800. I was pleased with the experience. Then I started to get calls from the account manager about my insurance carrier. She asked for information I had provided several times but did not have a problem with providing a 4th and 5th time. I asked if there was a problem and she reported "No." Several months went by when I received a letter in the mail threatening me from a Recovery Solutions Group. Stating that I had an unpaid invoice of $2,000 for the insurance claim. I was in shock. I called Jessica and she ensured me she would contact the insurance company again, I told her that was her problem not mine.

I was instructed by the adjuster and over the phone representative to contact your company. I was not on the hook for this claim. She stated she understood my point and that she would "Talk to her boss, but what could I make for a payment if he needed me to." I stated I did not have any extra money as I am a mother of two who did not expect nor was I responsible for this bill. Fast forward to October 2nd 2017. Jessica left me a voicemail that my balance was paid in full and I received a record of payment from ServPro to a $0 balance. I thought this nightmare was over. I was wrong.

Today, October 18th I received a call from Recovery Solutions Group Antonia **. She stated that I needed to contact her regarding my remaining balance from ServPro Marlboro, Ma. I have put a call out to Jessica and am currently awaiting a return call. I will be contacting my attorney and the Better Business Bureau regarding this matter. I am disgusted with ServPro and I will not recommend them to ANYONE. It is stressful enough to have to go through losing your valuables in your home and coming up with so much money on the spot but to be negatively affected and lied to by this company is predatory. SERVPRO, you are the lowest of low.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

I went on vacation and came home to an absolute nightmare. My hot water heater burst in the attic who knows when during my 2 weeks away. It was like stepping into one of the commercials you see on tv with your furniture floating by. You could not replace some of the items in my home. They were over a hundred years old. I had searched the world for some of those items. My heart was crushed. I sat in my car for a good twenty minutes just stunned at the amount of water that came gushing out the door when I opened it. I could not clean that up on a good day. I called my insurance agent and he told me that there were companies out there that could clean that up for me. I thought about the 1-800 Servpro commercials I always see. I knew what to do so I called the 800 number at 12 am at night and hoped the person that returned my call was not angry that I woke them up.

Melissa called me back in minutes. I told her what was going on, she was my port in the storm from beginning to end. She helped me through the entire year-long process it took to restore all my furnishings, content and my home 4,500 sq ft which had to be gutted due to sitting so long. Jamie put my mind at ease the moment she came into my home. They did not treat my stuff like just another job. They were all beyond respectful, they treated everything in my home as if it was their own heirlooms. Nothing throughout this whole process got lost or broken. I had rare books that you could never get another copy of soaked and they knew just who to call and what to do. My books were sent off to their corporate office and I was shocked at the condition they came back to me in. I never in a million years would have thought they could do such amazing restorative work to paper.

You really would have thought I was this company's only customer, I knew better. They always made me feel like their number one priority. Even their owner Joe who owns three franchises hours away from Lafayette would take the time to come by or give me a call to see how the structure of my home was coming and to see if I had any questions or if Servpro could help me in any way. They are my heroes. They took what I thought to be a hopeless situation and completely turned it around for me. Servpro of Lafayette truly made it feel like it never even happened. Not everything could be saved but they did everything in their power to save the things that meant the most to me.

Thank you to the owners Joe and Marietta Scott for running their business the way they do. Thanks for hiring such wonderfully knowledgeable people. I was shocked at Melissa, their manager's knowledge of antiques and Jamie you are the kindest person I have met in a long time. You were there from beginning to end always helping me through some really tough decisions. Melissa, Jamie, Marcus, Tayler, Michael, Kayla, Adam, Ahlea, Raven, Pat and of course Christina are one of the greatest teams of people I have ever had the pleasure to have work for me. God bless you all. Servpro of Lafayette is my Cleaning and Restoration company for life.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2017

Watch out for lazy workers who charge you for doing their work! Called about mold and mildew damage from a burst water heater. They gave me an estimate for $2236.00. I had them come out and they did not do half the work. It took a month from the time I got estimate from SERVPRO for my insurance company to give me the go ahead on the repairs. During that time I removed all carpets and wet carpet pads as well as baseboards etc. They gave me a final bill that was not itemized nor had any of the line items showing what the did and how many hours etc.

They just charged me the original estimate without even correcting the repairs they did not do because I already did them. So, They just charged me to do their work and without any explanation of the charges. The techs only spent about 5 hours in two days of actual work and dropped off a blower and left it for 6 days with no notice of when they were to return to pick up unit. They even used my electricity and not a generator. 24 hours they ran for 6 days. I have asked for an itemized list of actual repairs done to prove they did anything. Do not let these guys fool you. They are lazy and only broke my stuff. They do not do anything they say but charge you for it anyways. Be aware.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

ServPro of Pottstown, PA - Outlet covers weren't removed, and there was paint on curtain hardware that wasn't removed. They took insulation from my attic without permission, but I got compensated. The wrong paint was used on my trim, but I got that fixed by them. The ceiling and walls were cleaned properly before painting. Scheduling was a nightmare-- "We'll call you." Carpet cleaning was a struggle. They only wanted to clean the center area knowing paint was spilled. Finally, their billing is questionable. Now, they are trying to charge me more than what my insurance contracted to pay.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

I wish I had checked reviews before contacting this company. I had a sewer back up in my ground floor office and had ServPro recommended by a regular carpet cleaner (who said it was a restoration job not a cleaning job). I called and asked ServPro to come in and give me an estimate, which they did. My husband and I went over the estimate and had questions about what they had recommended. My husband is a licensed contractor and clearly has experience with wall removal, which is one of the things ServPro recommended. When we called to speak to the company to get clarification, and asked about their estimate and their recommendations, Shawn, the Project Manager, told us that "we were not a good fit" and that they would not work for us!

I run two businesses, my husband runs one. Why would a legitimate business refuse to answer questions? I can only be grateful that we did not have this company do any work for us - please see all their 1-star reviews. If they are so threatened by a client asking questions, what are they trying to hide? To be clear: this company did not do any actual work for us, so I cannot speak to their actual work, I can only speak to their reluctance to be honest and transparent in their dealings. I would not recommend them on the brief exposure I had to them. I also contacted the referring company to make sure that they heard about my experience.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

I had a horrible experience with Servpro. The tech told my tenant the house has mold issue, they will send the results to the lab. They got the result back and said no mold but it has asbestos (3%), and it is very costly to do the asbestos removal about $20,000. They were coming for an emergency estimate and repair. The tenants moved out from two units and got a lawyer because of asbestos. I asked them to do point count and confirm it. They said they will not do it unless it is under 1%!!! (which under 1% would contain non asbestos or EPA). I called the lab myself and ask them to do the confirmation which it came back negative. The results came back under 1% and we did not have to do anything, no removal, or anything else. We suffered significant financial damage because of Servpro.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2017

These people really suck, they came to the house and did an estimate, outrageous at that but since State Farm will pay them, it was easier than us having to do all the work, we are in our 60's. They never showed up and when I called informed me that they do not move the contents. And they didn't see there were contents when they came out? So if I am going to pay these scoundrels between $10,000 and $12,000 and I have to move the entire house out and back in again, we can do it ourselves... STAY AWAY FROM THESE RIP-OFFS!!!

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

Make sure if you use this company you get everything promised in writing before the job begins. To get you to use them they will make promises and will not do what they said they were going to do and deny completing the job as per what was promised before hired to do the work. I used them only because they were assigned to me from Allstate insurance company. I was told if I used them for the repair I would not have to get involved and not have to touch a thing. I was told I could leave for a week and a half and my house would be repaired and when I came back I would not even know I had damage. Well this did not happen and when I questioned them I was basically told I was a liar and they never promised me or my wife of any such thing.

I was told look at the estimate to the insurance company and they were only doing what was in the estimate. The estimate is very hard to read and understand but they will use that to deny what was promised. Even though they only provided less than half of the labor hours they were paid for they refused to reassemble the furniture and unpack the boxes they packed before the repair was started. I came home and furniture was just put into the house and in pieces and then 58 packing boxes were stacked against the wall in 1 room. I had to get 4 people to help me get everything back the way it was before the repair was done. This took me 3 days to complete. All I am saying is if your insurance company sends them to you for a repair, get everything promised in detail in writing before they start. I was originally told the job should be completed in a week and a half and it was more like 5 weeks. I could not live in my house.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2017

Our house in Baton Rouge flooded in August of 2016, we contacted ServPro to have the house dried and sprayed for mold. A ServPro crew from Mississippi contacted me and advised that they had an opening and that with 50% of the fee up front they would treat my house. They also needed my answer immediately, if not they would move on to the next person on the list and my address would go to the bottom of their list. I signed and helped them move their fans and dehumidifiers in my house. After the job was complete I helped them remove the fans and was pleased with the service. It took several days but I was able to get my the documents. I signed and submitted them to my flood insurance company. My insurance rejected the $1,400.00.00 fee for cleaning the fans and dehumidifier.

My house was already gutted and the floors had been mopped when I helped carry the equipment inside. Its condition was no different when it left than when it came in. Obviously I had no idea when ServPro came to my house with their fans I would be charged $1,400.00 to clean them!!! ServPro took advantage of the fact that we flooded and were desperate and obviously had never been through anything like this before. I called ServPro many times trying to get clarification on what I paid $1,400.00 to clean, they never returned my calls. The Mississippi Serv Pro people took advantage of flooded Louisiana people, pick another company!!!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2017

On July 17th, 2017 I suffered a terrible sewage backup in the lower level of my tri-level home. On July 18th, I contacted ServPro to clean up and remove the carpeting and trim and clean up, disinfect. It took 4 days approx to dry. I was charged 2400, which I paid out of pocket because I had no sewage back up coverage. Owner, Rob (last name unknown) contacted me approximately 3 days later to advise me to go buy my own trim. I'm 62, on disability, and explained that I didn't know how to do that, he told me to "settle down". 3 days later Rob called and said he was now ready to put in my carpeting at a dollar a foot (550 sq) feet for 1600.00. I asked if that included the trim, he told me no, and that he was going to use the trim (that had been soaked in sewage overnight), which by now is moldy, and only half laying in my garage. My disability? COPD!!. Of course I never took him up on his offer.

Instead contacting another carpet installer, who will now have to clean up after the terrible terrible mess they left me down there. Now I'm faced with a bill of having someone to come clean up their mess, in order to lay new carpet. I seriously can't afford anymore out of pocket expenses. I have pictures. My once beautiful family room was not restored as it never happen, as they advertise. Owner "Rob" uses his girlfriend's phone in which her name comes up on the caller ID. Very unprofessional. Still looking for things I cannot locate prior to their so called clean up. They also failed to shut central air vents off down there, causing mold and dust spores throughout the house. I'm sick, 2 huskies are sick. It was 91 degrees that day and days that followed. Very unprofessional company however I paid them in full. Never again!

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

Olga came out to my home to assess water damage. Then a person named Julie called me that kept me on the phone an hour, basically bad mouthed the owner and said she'd take my file over. I had my air tested and signed a contract for 1 dehumidifier, the guy that came out was so nice and helpful, when he removed the dehumidifier 5 days later he was nice enough to check on my kids and how we were feeling, he came back and checked to see how things were on his own time and I was still waiting for the EPA guy with samples to make a plan. The cops came to my house saying Julie is accusing me of stealing 5,000 of equipment!!! Wtf??? I'm so confused and shocked. I called police and filed a harassment charge, she's lying, and making false accusations, that doesn't sit well with me... This company is disgusting but one employee made it a good experience. They should take notes from him!

Original review: July 31, 2017

UNPROFESSIONAL. They left the house unattended with all of the windows and doors open. Placed items on the kitchen countertop which is completely full. Placed the toilet, countertops and other items in the main part of the garage and placed other items anywhere that they could drop the items. NOTHING was cleaned up. Trash was everywhere even the drinks, food and items that they brought into the house. Everything was disconnected when I left the house. When I returned the modem/router was reconnected so was the television and the Xbox 360. Looks like they spent time playing games and not doing their jobs! This is the Tucson Branch. It is bad enough having a water leak and being out of town only to pay people money to make matters worse. Once they told me the job was finished all I heard was you need to pay for mold treatment. There is no mold in the house!

Original review: July 25, 2017

May 29th 2017 a huge oak tree fell into my home 20 days after my husband passed away and I was very vulnerable to help and they came in at the request of my insurance to pack up my house and put it in storage. And one of them brought me a key and told me that at any time I needed to go to the storage that I could get in and gave me the unit numbers and the code to enter. And when I finally did go to retrieve some of my items I found a lot of damaged things and just incompetent storage like my leather case flipped up on my brand new electric recliner I had bought for my husband in April and it left badly indentions in the arms of the chair. And my husband had bought me an electric fireplace heater with remote control for Christmas in 2016. The corners were badly damaged too. I can just keep naming more damage but I'd be writing till tonight.

I wish I had stayed and watched them but I was suffering a great loss along with the tree coming in my house so never leave no one to pack up your belongings and leave them to move it without you being there. They are saying because I went there that I could have done it. Oh did I mention that they set a small wooden rocking chair on top of my brand new glass top stove. All of my appliances are brand new stainless steel appliances. Just got them in march. So be very careful with SERVPRO.

Original review: July 24, 2017

Servpro came to my house to install an oven and left the house with a gas leak. They refuse to come back and fix it. My tenant placed the order at Home Depot, without realizing they should have contacted me. Servpro never contacted me the owner. When Servpro left, the tenant could smell gas and called Atmos. The gas was turned off and the fire trucks came. Home Depot or Servpro refuses to correct the problem or be responsible in any way.

Original review: July 19, 2017

I have NEVER heard of this company in my life, but today received a very large package from them. Spoke to the mailman a bit -- he said they have committed mail fraud. I was asked to pay an upfront of 28.00 to even open the package, thankfully he advised me against it. Not sure what was inside. I refused the box and sent it back. Mailman said they are in BIG trouble for this crime. The box was addressed from GUSHENGHE, with the address of ServPro. Very weird, but turning off credit cards just in case.

Original review: July 14, 2017

ServPro came into my condominium at the request of the management company when the sprinkler system was punctured by a contractor they hired. The damage started in the upstairs unit and quickly spread to my ground floor unit. ServPro evaluated the damage and advised that the damage was limited to the ceilings only. Even when questioned about the obvious water on the inside of the windows and wet stains on areas of the ceilings that were not treated, they refused to check for water damage.

They removed a one foot area across all the ceilings and pulled out the wet insulation they could reach. They left the drying machines for a few days and were gone. Four weeks later when the contractor started the repair process, it was discovered that the walls and remaining areas of the ceilings were all still saturated with water, wet installation and the start of mildew. Thanks ServPro for your incompetence, and adding to the delay of the repair work!

ServPro Company Information