Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

ServPro Reviews

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

In May 2019, our home was struck by lightning causing a significant attic fire. We ended with fire, smoke, water and 14+ inches of rain pouring in that night. We had no idea where to start. The unthinkable had just occurred and we were devastated. To top it off, the whole area surrounding us flooded majorly that night. My insurance agent reached out to Servpro of West Fort Bend County to assist. The owner was onsite the very next day to explain how everything works. I was probably irritating by all the questions I had but he happily answered every one of them.

The next 6 days everything salvageable was packed up to be cleaned. There is NO way we could have done it on our own... not physically, mentally or emotionally. Lettie was the lead on our packout along with several others. These angels spent days inventorying everything. We may have been pack rats at that time lol. After our items were removed and the next crew came in to remove sheetrock, carpet, insulation and remediate the dwelling Everyone did great and did exactly what they are supposed to do!

Nearly 7 months later, our home is done and servpro returned our salvaged items. Sure... some things are not perfect but I'm amazed by many items they were able to properly clean. It is MY job to work with the insurance adjuster over a few thing to be added to the contents losses. It was our job to monitor the work as it was completed and ask questions. I believe some reviews here are unfair to Servpro as some complaints are not their job to do. As much as we all wish we lived in a fantasy world where insurance just does what is just and right, that's not reality! Property owners should be accountable as well. This is why I chose to share our experience. Servpro has been an absolute blessing in one of the hardest years of our lives!

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

We were selling our oceanfront condo and buyer's inspector determined an interior oceanfront bedroom wall and ceiling had water damage from the floor above. Our real estate agent contacted ServPro to assess the repair. ServPro provided a very reasonable quote for the repair and we authorized the work. ServPro determined the exterior ocean side flashing was failing and the HOA authorized appropriate repair by their contractor.

Once exterior repairs were completed the ServPro team treated exposed interior wall area to prevent mold, replaced all damaged interior wood, installed new sheetrock, reinstalled crown molding, finish painted wall and cleaned up all debris including vacuuming the floor in time to meet an aggressive closing date set by buyer. Entire project (including repairs by HOA contractor) was completed in less than three weeks. ServPro held to their original quoted price even though altering their work plan to meet the accelerated closing date. Our sincere thanks to the entire ServPro team for getting the job done and done right.

Get expert buying tips about Home Improvement Contractors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 2, 2019

We had a mold/mildew issue in our shed. We had them come out to double check that we had got it all. The guys came out walked through everything we us and Reassured us that we got it all except for one little spot. They told us that we were doing everything right to prove that it from coming back.

Original review: May 1, 2019

Our home experienced heavy rain storms which resulted in the flooding of our basement. Luckily, ServPro responded to our call immediately and sent a crew out the next day. They had to remove all of our carpets and repair some of our walls but they were very efficient during this unfortunate event. Within the week the basement was usable again and I could not to be more grateful. The crew was also extremely friendly and made me feel comfortable welcoming them into our home. I would certainly recommend this company to anyone who needs repairs to their home.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

We called ServPro on a Sunday after a heavy rain and roof issues. Caused our dining room ceiling to leak, then parts of the ceiling fell in and we had water and insulation all over the dining room and surrounding areas. ServPro answered our call right away, and got someone out soon after we called them. They closed off the ceiling with plastic, and they set up industrial fans and a dehumidifier running and to get it drying right away. The service from ServPro was EXCELLENT! Since moving to this area, I have not dealt with any company with this type of service. Promptly returned all calls. The most trustworthy owner and employees. That is hard to find! Always addressed me respectfully. Just a true pleasure to work with from the first visit here to the last.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ServPro?

Original review: Jan. 31, 2020

Do no let ServPro of East Dayton do any of the work you need done when it comes to restoration. Our insurance company hired them and they did a terrible job. We asked that nothing was disposed of unless we gave the ok. They disposed of all kinds of things that cannot be replaced that could have been cleaned and preserved. Items were broken like a Barrister shelf, my mother's china, keepsakes and many other items. They lied, cheated, overcharged and in general did not do what they were hired for. They charged insurance good monies for projects that were not complete.

We were told everything would come back clean and ready to be put into our home. I have photos of items that they did not touch and came back with ash all over them. I am heartbroken over items that I cannot replace. I just spent 2 hours searching the internet for a western shadow lamp shade. One is not to be found. In the end this company simply does not care. They are thoughtless and ripoffs. Tanner, the manager over all of this is was disrespectful, lazy and gave the impression of I do not care about you, your problems or your items. I know that we are blessed because we did not lose everything like others have. That is beside the point. If you hire someone to do a job they should be respectful, caring and do the job they are hired to do. Servpro did not do this. I have nothing nice to say about them or the crew's boss.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2020

We had our Basement flood. Worse experience of my life. I’m so mad. They had brought people in to go through all of our belongings. We had stuff in plastic totes, boxes and open crates. We moved and we had stuff organized in different spots. A set of going through stuff and boxing what needed to be boxed and gone through stuff labeled what area it was in and boxed it neatly. Now they boxed so messy. Stuff just thrown in boxes and yes even wet stuff was thrown in boxes that I’m still going through. The plastic totes that were boxed with mine and my son's stuff neatly that water couldn’t even touch being in a plastic tote they had gone through all that stuff and threw in boxes. Nothing is neat.

Then they would put all this heavy wooden silver wear on top of fragile stuff at the bottom of box stuff that was not broken is broken. All my son's big toys that doesn’t break apart easy that was left together they took apart and parts thrown everywhere. We are still going through stuff and I’m so disappointed and heartbroken that a company you pay for to take care and treat your stuff like it was their own did not. Sentimental stuff that was packed in plastic tote is now thrown in boxes and half the stuff is broke. It’s a shame a company has people that works like this.

When they had it boxed and out in containers they tried bringing the stuff back in without even scrubbing and cleaning. There was mold still on walls and in cracks. Bringing furniture back in with mold before cleaning was wrong. We have gone round and round. Just a clear warning. Do research before hiring a company to take care of your belongings and make sure you watch every little thing they do. I could keep going on and on but I think y’all get the picture. We also didn’t get to see everything they threw away like they said we would so also a lot of sentimental stuff was probably trashed. They broke so much stuff that was not even broken before. Careless people.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2020

I had a break in a plumbing line upstairs in a 2 story Cape while the house was under construction due to poor installation of pex connectors by my plumber. Called the local ServPro dealer in Belfast, Maine to extract the water in the downstairs, which had already been substantially sweep up and out of the house. No fewer than 5 people showed up to haul out equipment. I left the home only to return an hour or so later to find just one person extracting water.

I later found out that the local owner made the unilateral decision without consulting myself not to extract water remaining upstairs on the exposed Advantech subflooring, which later froze that day and turned into a skating rink. Then to top off this substandard experience, they charged my credit card $ 150 for "cleaning their equipment". I told them I would dispute the entire bill if they didn't remove that ridiculous charge. The quality of the personnel sent was questionable right from the start. They looked like your typical high school dropouts or ones that barely graduated and extracting water was their lifelong ambition.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

Please make sure to check if they are a preferred contractor of your insurance company before using them! My experience with this company has been deceitful and horrendous. My upstairs bathroom flooded and leaked down to my kitchen and living room. I panic and called ServPro who seems very willingly to help. They informed me they worked with Liberty Mutual before so I trusted both parties that I was in good hand. I proceeded with ServPro after receiving authorization from my insurance. Confident that pricing was going to be settled between ServPro and Liberty Mutual since I informed them both that I would like all cost to be covered by my insurance. I was kept out of the loop with pricing from both parties until work was completed.

Little did I know that ServPro did not share their pricing fee with the insurance company. I signed a blank authorization form for them to begin the work with the understanding from their technician and company that they will be within the insurance pricing parameter. This was not the case. I am slapped with a large remaining balance blindsided. They are now threatening to file small claims and put a lien on my home. This is very unethical. Pricing should have been discussed and agreed before any work is conducted. Pricing should have been disclosed! If you have pride in your company and is doing what is right, why did you not disclose your pricing structure knowing it was different then what the insurance will pay out since you’ve worked with them before?

Original review: Jan. 6, 2020

Well me and my family recently went through a house fire at our home we rent that was due to an electrical issue with the microwave. After this happened our landlord and this company told us everything in the entire home needed moved into two rooms so they could clean up. We did just that, moved it all into a side room that didn’t get affected by the fire, and a large bathroom.

Days later after living in a hotel with our two teenage sons and two dogs, we returned to the property to start packing our items into boxes and realized A LOT OF WEIRD THINGS! Our property was touched and moved. 4 flat screen TVs were stolen, a complete cabinet with my wife’s unopened makeup about 3000 dollars worth of things that were unopened that she sells online were stolen, and our wedding rings (both of them being our grandmothers) were stolen as well! Now only this company and our landlord had the combination to the lock on our door to get in so.... in one of our weakest moments....someone decided to screw us even more and steal from us!!! Take this info as you will but I had to share it. Now I know each company is different but in Lititz, PA they are shady.

ServPro Company Information