1.23/5

Looking for a home improvement contractor?

248 ServPro Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

ServPro service - 1. They have emergency charges during business hours. 2. You will be responsible for the water and electricity charges for their equipment. 3. Their bill represents an estimate so they will state after the fact that they can add charges on at any time. 4. They reported to me that the ceiling was affected when it was a sewer line backup so I am thinking their spray equipment caused the ceiling possible contamination yet there was a dryer very close to the sewer line backup that they did not clean. When you ask them for specific questions - they delay getting back to you and then threaten to add extra costs to the bill. My advice would be to get several estimates and possibly do it yourself because it is way too high. I was very unhappy with this experience.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

Please be advised that we have a complaint regarding your local franchise owner in Traverse City, Michigan. On August 29, 2018 (Wednesday), while in Florida for a short visit, we were informed by our neighbors that water was coming into our finished basement subsequent to heavy rainfall. Contact was made with Keith ** on the 29th to initiate restoration. Mr. ** indicated that the process would begin Thursday around 8:30 AM. At this point, we made arrangements to fly home on Thursday. Our neighbors allowed entry into our dwelling. Thursday morning, I was contacted by an onsite Servpro employee, who stated that water was confined to the laundry room.

A short time later another call was received by me, indicating that most of the floor needed to be taken up, including the laundry room. I informed said employee that the flooring was waterproof cork - backed vinyl. It is a floating floor, not glued or nailed, with a snap and lock design and comes apart extremely easily. Employee argued with me that the “brown stuff” on the back of the vinyl was particle board and was not waterproof, but even if it was cork, the foam in between that and the vinyl was not waterproof and the flooring was ruined. Again, I informed him that the flooring was waterproof. Arguing back, he insisted it was not waterproof (such poor customer relations) and it does not come apart easily. The employee was asked to use care in removing the flooring.

Upon returning home the evening of the 30th (Thursday) and viewing the basement, piles of dripping wet broken flooring were amidst the drying equipment. The majority of the pieces of flooring had broken locking tabs, with said tabs scattered about the basement. Many flooring pieces exhibited bent and/or broken corners from throwing or tossing same onto piles, rendering them unusable. If we had been home when they were doing this, we would have asked them to leave immediately.

Friday and Saturday we set out to separate the piles of wet flooring and allow the few undamaged pieces to dry for re-installment. Stacks of usable and unusable flooring were established, with the usable pile being dwarfed the unusable pile. At this point, we were in absolute and complete dismay. Sunday morning I called the service person insisting that the equipment be removed. Said employees arrived around 5:00 PM and removed all of the equipment. I expressed my concerned about all of the flooring their employees has broken, as the service person told me that the floor does not come apart as easily as I stated and once again it is not waterproof (again, his attitude was he’s right, we’re wrong).

Monday morning we proceeded to the basement to map out our next challenge. Upon doing so, we noticed that our dehumidifier located on the northeast corner of the basement, which drains into that sump pump, had been moved three feet from where it normally is situated with the drain hose pulled out of the sump and draining onto and under the 200 square feet of flooring we had re-installed. Yet more damage. We had to remove the re-installed flooring and dry that because of the carelessness of these Servpro employees. Over the next two weeks, we had to purchase over 1100 square feet of new flooring and re-install it along with the usable/salvaged flooring. We also had to carry all of the 1400 pounds of damaged flooring upstairs, load it into a truck and take it to the recycling center.

Wednesday, September 5, 2018, I received an email from Servpro for services totaling $4506.04 (four thousand five hundred four dollars and four cents). Because our homeowner insurance will not cover this loss, I called the Traverse City Servpro to discuss the invoice and talked to Jessica **, co-owner. I expressed my concern over the shoddy work and flooring damaged by their employees. She indicated that she would review the situation and return my call.

Later that day, Keith ** returned my call and was extremely rude. Mr. ** was informed that we spent over $8000.00 to repair Servpro’s damage, replacing and installing over 1100 square feet of new flooring and trim.

Mr. ** was rude and insistent that he was right and we were wrong (much like the employees who were at our house) with respect to the waterproof issue of the flooring. I asked him to call US Floors and verify the fact that the flooring is waterproof. Mr. ** stated that he was going to do no such thing and that I should “go for it”. Offering Mr. ** that we would forgive our bill for damages if he would forgive his bill, Mr. ** emphatically stated that it was not going to happen. Included in the itemized bill was a charge of $186.34 for moving a cabinet. Absurd! My wife and I moved this cabinet several times and it only took a few minutes with minimal effort.

The poor attitude of both the franchise owner and his employees greatly concerns us. Training for said individuals presents itself as “we are right and you, the customer, are wrong”. Over three hundred people reacted or replied to our local Facebook post and are awaiting a Servpro outcome to this situation. We are always happy to share experiences of good service with others. For Servpro, we shared our experience of poor service. Is this the kind of word of mouth advertising you want? “Like it never happened”. What an absolute joke! They made a bad situation even worse. We are only looking to recover our losses from the damage your company employees did to our home. Make this Servpro bill go away! Should you have any comments or questions regarding the aforementioned matter, please feel free to contact me.

Get expert buying tips about Home Improvement Contractors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2018

ServPro has been my worst nightmare. After a safety release tank ruptured and released 3,000 gallons of water into my basement, I called my insurance company. Disasters have brokers handling the mitigation companies. I was suppose to get another company, but Servpro showed up in my yard one hour after I called the insurance company. I was falsely told the insurance company sent them. Servpro’s actions were unprofessional, several items disappeared during their work, Servpro pulled off the job without notice after I confronted them after a missing iPod, thus leaving a disaster in my flooded basement that resulted in many times the original damage until a second mitigation company could be brought in.

Yes – the result was black mold, and then they claimed there was 1 percent asbestos requiring full mitigation and tear out of nine rooms in my basement. I found the workmen wandering my house, a sealed magazine (Playboy) of my father’s was found in a bathroom, dishes and other items improperly packed and broken. After writing a poor review on Google, Servpro responded falsely claiming that I was at fault, that I was confrontational, and that they handled things carefully.

I believe that ServPro is falsely claiming this negative behavior to smear my complaints, and to justify their pulling out of the job without notice and without even filing proper paperwork. This so called negative ”confrontational” behavior is emphasized throughout their response to make me falsely appear a so-called troublemaker. The original company contracted by the insurance company has come in and is now repairing the disaster created by Servpro.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2018

We called ServPro in after we had a house fire. They came & assessed the cleaning that needed to be done. Maybe half of the cleaning they promised was actually done. I've never seen such sloppy work in my life. When my husband & I questioned the work, the manager was rude & accused us of lying about work not being done. To top it off, the owner of this ServPro branch called another company that was in our house replacing flooring & asked their manager to get us to pay them. I'm pretty sure that's a privacy violation. I've never been more screwed over by a company in my life. Never use these people!

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

I called ServPro and scheduled an appointment with the project manager to come and give us an estimate. I was not available the day he came. My father did the walkthrough and they agreed on a price for the work to be done. They showed up and the workers asked me what needed to be done. How do you show up to a job without a worksheet detailing what you are supposed to do. They were pleasant nice people but were very arbitrary on what they wanted to clean and in about 4 hours they cut out some sheetrock. They wiped some things down and not others.

They left their equipment and 4 days later a different set of employees came to pick them up and noticed that the rooms were only half wiped down. I explained what happened and when he called the project manager to explain I was told, "Well we aren't a maid service so it's ok that cobwebs and dirt were left behind." How do you sweep and mop a floor if there is still dirt on it? How do you wipe down lamps and fixtures if there is still dirt on it? Would never recommend this company to anyone. Total waste of time and money.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ServPro?

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

We had water damage to our floor in the master bedroom and the hall. James and his team were efficient. They explained each step so we could understand what all these giant fans are doing in our home. He answered all our questions with respect and knowledge.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

This outfit actually had a rep standing in my front yard when I pulled up after being notified of a fire in the kitchen caused by a tenant. Fortunately it was mostly smoke damage. Cabinets over stove, stove, tile backsplash, and some painting was all that needed doing. FOUR MONTHS LATER we were still waiting for one elusive cabinet that we were told REPEATEDLY by the job manager got delivered to the wrong house by Lowe's. Ok.

Our insurance provides us with loss of income while renovations are ongoing. We filed for August's income and were denied by State Farm. The reason? The same job manager who told us repeatedly that they were waiting on the missing cabinet lied to our insurance company to cover his ** and said we were the ones who put a hold on the work so we could clean the floors. Yes, that makes perfect sense, stop the work to get the floors in pristine condition just so we could have these idiots walk all over them afterwards. Beyond stupid. Unscrupulous, crooked bunch.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

ServPro is the 'preferred' Residential and Commercial Restoration Services company used by Allstate Insurance company. My house had considerable smoke damage from a fireplace fire and ServPro was hired by Allstate to remove fire and smoke damaged items from the house; basically to prepare the house for the contractors to come in and restore my home to a livable condition. However, be aware that ServPro does NOT hire restoration professionals but places your valuables in the hands of street people.

While it's a nice idea to hire common laborers, it's not a good thing to have UN-trained strangers handle your precious valuables. These people broke many of my valuables which I'd carefully set aside, and asked them to NOT touch such as vintage glassware, home made gifts, and antiques which I'd specifically pointed out were very important and in the end they actually broke more of my belongings by carelessness, and then blamed the breakage on smoke damage! They also set up what they called a 'safe room' where cleaned objects were stored and then later, not realizing I was taking inventory, removed those very objects from the safe room, telling me that I must be mistaken, that maybe they were thrown out because of the fire! They then packed what was left and not yet in the safe room, breaking and damaging my everyday household items and bric-a-brac by literally throwing them in boxes and throwing the boxes together.

They removed oak flooring and in the process tore up the sub-flooring so the contractors were left with the job of patching large holes in the sub-floor before replacing the oak. Several times during this 'clean-up' process the ServPro workers left for days at a time, their manager telling me that they had a 'more important' contract to tend to with a local school building! When all was said and done I'd lost more to the thieving ServPro workers than to the fire! They had their eye on taking whatever they liked and behaved in a very sloppy and UN-professional manner. They damaged or stole many of my loved belongings, and complaining to Allstate did nothing to resolve the issue; I was told to complain directly to the ServPro manager in charge who'd already 'covered' for his workers! Integrity is not part of the ServPro work ethic.

Original review: July 21, 2018

After a larger house, our insurance company hired Servpro. We literally lost more to the thieving Servpro workers than we did the fire! They took anything and everything they liked. Even my little girl’s American Girl doll! They packed what was left so shoddily, it all broke or chipped. In addition, one of them literally stole my Nieman Marcus coat and replaced it with a cheap replica! Seriously- can you believe it??!! Stay away from this company- they hire scumbags off the street that will steal everything you have and love- they have no heart and no integrity. I feel gross every time I think of them.

Original review: July 9, 2018

Our basement had some water damage from a malfunction sump pump. This happen in September 2017- going through our insurance and since we had sump pump insurance up to 10K, they went ahead and recommended ServPro - first stage of drying the place and damage assessment was on the way, 1 days of drying and 5 days machines, humidifier etc so far ok- ServPro was paid 4K for that. Now the restoration - yeap Is November and our basement is a war zone.

They came and they sent an estimate for 8,300 dollars to our insurance. The insurance sent me the reminder of the payment 6,000. I paid the restoration guy 5K. Their work was slow, incomplete, and they were charging for many things that were not done. I didn’t pay the rest of the 3K until the job and they would come in to inspect and go over the itemized bill. I did not hear from them until this last week’s telling me that they were taking me to collection. 1. Contractors will show up without id and or uniform. 2. The Former was in our house few times took pictures. 3. After the baseboard were done he want to collect without walkthrough. Ugh so wrong!!!

Original review: June 29, 2018

Hurricane Harvey Victim Victimized by ServPro. Contacted them right after storm and after telling me we were at the top of their list they took weeks to show up. Gave me estimate, made me pay upfront, way overcharged me the full amount of the estimate. Never sent me requested paperwork for the lousy job they did. I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY TO ANYONE. If it wasn't for all we had to do after the storm I would have sue them.

Original review: June 18, 2018

Unfortunately we had water damage in our basement and our insurance co. sent ServPro to our home. Because it took a couple of days, I did the dirty work of bagging all of the dirt and slush and put it in about 8 garbage bags. They came out and did a decent job. It took about 3-4 days and about 5 hours each day. Because we had insurance I did not expect a bill, I was wrong. We received two outrageous bills. One for over 7,000 and when another bill for over 9,000. Our insurance co. said they only agree to pay them 4,009.19 and they really don't understand where the additional funds because the work doesn't add up to that amount.

When I tried calling the person in the billing office, she was rude and told me what they did and the bill was justify. I explain to her that I was there every day they worked and I am very aware what the hours they put in and what they did. If I hire 10 people (which was two people a day) for 5 days for 5 hours, that still would be way too much. Never mind the fact that I had to call them twice to remind them that they was not finish. I will NEVER use them again and will tell everyone about my unfortunate experience. Don't use them unless to want to pay outrageous fees.

Original review: May 29, 2018

'LIKE IT NEVER EVEN HAPPENED." Awful misrepresentation of events once ServPro is involved. Drying is what they do. Anything else seems to be by subcontractors and only if they have them available at the time. I have used 2 diff ServPros. Both not great. ServPro Mandarin really not great. Left me high and dry (only somewhat) with no repairs and non coming any time soon. They should tell you that in the beginning.

Original review: May 29, 2018

We hired ServPro of Dover Delaware after our home was badly damaged due to a broken pipe in January. The water went from the second floor to the basement where I had a large art collection, my professional library, and many other items collected over a long professional career. We were away from the house when this happened and 8 inches of water were in the basement. After six weeks there was still standing water. They had used a garden size hose to remove the water. They had dehumidifiers emptying into a trash can overflowing because they were there so seldom.

Because of mold and water damage I lost much of the contents. They did not itemize what they trashed except for a book count. (I had personally requested). They maintained that my insurance agent told them they didn’t need to do so. (He hadn’t). They missed days at a time, lied about what was done, and listed equipment never used, We fired them. I sent them and the corporate office a letter citing many other ways they failed us. Since then we have heard other accounts in our area citing similar experiences. I have heard nothing from ServPro except for a bill.

Original review: May 25, 2018

Called ServPro and got good immediate service day after the storm when I called. They removed all carpet and padding, broke a leg on a sofa. Lost a mold identification tool, told me to remove all my cabinets then cut out about 20 feet of drywall about a foot from the floor. Removed all my cabinet mouldings in the kitchen. They never even identified the source of the water damage. $2350 then I find for all this damage to my small home I find the $2350 was only for the destruction phase. Was told the builders would be back to restore the carpet, fix the drywall, etc. but I find the restoration and repair was not included in the estimate.

Expect numerous groups with independent estimates. The first estimate SHOULD be for the total job but it was NOT. This group of independent contractors seem to show up with their hands out for all your money at the time of any calamity. They are way overpriced and not very professional in their communication of costs. I CANNOT recommend them under ANY circumstances.

Original review: May 9, 2018

I was referred to ServPro by the person who inspected a home I am looking at to buy. He deals with the Topeka office. However, since the home I'm looking at is in the KC area, I called the Olathe office, which I'm told houses for franchises. I called four days in a row and was told someone would call back. None of the dispatchers can answer even basic questions. On the second day, I was told they had no record of me calling, and I was not on the "thread". Today I called and got a new person that had just started that told me he would get someone to talk to me right away or someone will call within half an hour. I said "Great!".

After being on hold, Melanie came to the phone, laughing, and said "I can't answer any questions". She is the person I talked to on the first day I called. I told her I have used another company to deal with mold before but would like to talk to someone at ServPro and she said they are just swamped and too busy to answer any questions. Clearly they don't want my business or my money.

Original review: May 7, 2018

The ServPro Freehold Salesman opened a claim with our home insurance company, and advised us we would be responsible for only the usd 500 deductible if we agreed to sign the service contract. For usd 500, since he and his team were already at our home, we thought we'd go ahead a use ServPro to handle the minimal water in our unfinished basement. This was despite the fact even we have already rented pumps from a local home improvement store. My Insurance never approved the claim, although we were advised they did, and now ServPro is subjecting us to a bill over usd 2000. We have spoken to the owner in an effort to mitigate the charges, but to no avail.

Original review: May 3, 2018

SERVPRO of North Palm Beach County & SERVPRO of LAKE WORTH are companies who only want to take your money. They never provided an estimate, went into the condo (opened by mgmt.) and put a few fans in the room and billed me over $1,400.00. When I questions Mitchell the owner he starting screaming over the phone and threatening me with lawyers if I did not pay. I paid, however as I promised Mitchell I would go to every website I find and share my experience with this company. Based upon my experience with this company I would not recommend them to anyone, even if you're sinking. I would never use SERVPRO FROM LAKE PARK AGAIN.

Original review: May 3, 2018

Called ServPro to dry out our house. Didn't finish job. Left wet carpet in place. Moved some wet carpets to other rooms that were dry. Left staples hanging out of flooring when subfloor was removed, didn't remove things from cabinets that were wet, had water run down into heating system. The rep. told me it would dry out on its own. We have been waiting for our ins. to help us get work started. Some of our cabinets are damaged and ins. thinks it's ok. Our contractor doesn't want to start work until ins. oks this work. It's been 5 weeks now. We have been taking out carpet padding and hauling it to the dump and now we respiratory problems. Now we are moving out of our house today until we can get it cleaned.

Original review: April 24, 2018

Servpro ordered a POD and moved our dining room furniture into it. They moved the furniture and organized the POD. When the repairs to the home were done, they opened the POD and they said somehow a lamp had fallen on top of the table and caused over $1,200 worth of damages. They said they had no responsibility since they did not know how the lamp fell. My position is they are the professionals who moved the furniture and should have taken better care of organizing the POD so things just do not happen.

Original review: April 14, 2018

I agree with Pete from NC's review... Servpro, Milford, Ct is not qualified to do restoration work, our house is a mess after their work, our wood is buckling, 2 tables bowed out, all from having the dehumidifiers on for too long. Front door was sprung, scratches on dining room wood floor. Wood in family room (another dehumidifier) cracking, buckling, etc. The paint job was terrible, misses, bubbles, paint over dirt From the wonderful containment wall. In respect to the boy who was left here alone to do it all, he tried. I will not recommend ServPro to my family or the many friends we have in Harwinton and Torrington, Ct. This is not This in my mind is not acceptable to anyone (much less a woman with stage 4 cancer).

Original review: April 12, 2018

I have dealt with this Servpro office on many occasions as an Insurance company representative. This company is not competent in the field of water mitigation/restoration services and act in an unprofessional manner. Their business practice is to do work that is not necessary and to leave their equipment on site for extended periods of time. They overcharge for their services, write inflated estimates and overcharge their customers and insurance companies. In many cases they have billed for work that their clients do not have sufficient insurance to cover leaving their customers in financial straits. In simple terms they are ripping off consumers and insurance companies.

Original review: April 11, 2018

ServPro was suppose to be my savior during a fire I experienced and was recommended by my insurance company. Long story short money was stolen from my home and because the employees said they didn’t do it it never happened. Pretty low of the employees for stealing from a family who just suffered a fire and even lower for the company to back them up! I’m supposed to just let it go, so here’s me letting it go.

Original review: March 11, 2018

Had a sewer backup in our basement. Caught it fairly quickly and the contaminated area was limited. When called back by the ServPro representative, I was asked how big the area that needed to be cleaned was and I estimated, "no more than 300 sq feet". In fact, I really did not know what the area measured, but it was quite limited and the amount of water that needed to be removed was very small. Mostly, I wanted the area sanitized. It was of course a weekend. I was quoted $1000.00. I was astonished. The representative said that it is so expensive because it costs hundreds of dollars in gas, to just drive out to our house. What BS.

I asked what the charge would be if they waited until Monday and was told $850. I asked if someone could come out to give an estimate, based on the actual need and was told that was not possible. I asked if they got to the house and the job was smaller than I described, would the price drop and was told "no, the price was firm". So, based on my very rough estimate of area (I am a nurse, not a contractor), the price was fixed and if I was incorrect on my estimate, no adjustment would be made. Period! We have had our total 900 sq foot house painted for slightly more than that. What a ripoff ServPro is!!! In the meantime, we called ServiceMaster of Apple Valley, who charged $350 for the weekend, $85 for an hour's worth of work and a little more for the humidifier and fans. They came quickly and cheerfully. Hopefully, this is our last sewer backup, but if it isn't, you can be sure we will not call ServPro.

Original review: March 8, 2018

COMPLAINT ABOUT SERVPRO LANCASTER/EAST YORK. I had a water leak in my home. We reported it to my Home Owners Insurance. We had ServPro of West York come in and do a cleanup. They did a great job! They told me they also did the restoration work. I was interested in getting a quote. I also went to Home Depot for a quote on replacing flooring. I contacted the ServPro in East York for an estimate. Two people came into my home, the owner of the Franchise (a women) and a gentleman who was with her. The woman was not people-friendly. The first thing she asked me was "who is your Insurance Company?" That was my first red flag!! She asked me why the insurance company wasn't replacing all of my carpets, she rudely insulted me and told me she thought my other carpets were dirty and why not replace them. An obvious ploy to create a bigger job, more money for them.

I told her I wanted to do tile in the kitchen instead of hardwood, but, wanted to keep hardwood in the powder room, she again scolded me and said, "Why? So this can happen again?" Rude!! After they left, I thought, "Wow I am not using them." What really confirmed my decision was when they sent me their quote? I couldn't believe it, it was outrageously overestimated! They were trying to scam my insurance company! I don't love insurance companies but, I still don't believe in cheating them. Home Depot gave me a quote for $6,300.00 while they gave me a ballooned quote of $13,000. AGAIN, GET OTHER QUOTES OR THEY WILL RIP YOU AND YOUR INSURANCE COMPANY OFF! Believe me companies want your business, and they will gladly come out and do a quote for free!

Original review: March 7, 2018

I feel I was cheated, exploited and placed into debt to restore a basement that this company destroyed instead of properly drying floors and removing damaged wallboard material done by a 2" water pipe break in a pipe in the ceiling of the basement powder room. After my signing of the contract I never saw the contractor again; he never informed me of the test results required to determine the walls that needed to be removed; never solicited or received my approval to demolish my entire basement at a cost of $7,000 and creating the need for $21,000 for me to restore my basement to its original level.

I feel this contractor snatched my job from the SERVPRO dispatch and drove from California with laborers to make some fast money; realized my job would not be large if done correctly; and dropped 2 laborers at my basement with sledgehammers and instructed them to destroy every wall. He was unavailable in person and took hours and days to return my repeated complaint calls.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

On 1/2/18 a pipe burst in our ceiling and flooded our dining room. The floor and ceiling were ruined. We called ServPro. They did come out that very morning however, the woman that was with them came in reeking of cigarette smoke. Though she did not smoke in our house, the stench of it was very strong on her. I explained to her that our son has asthma and even the smell of cigarettes would bother him. The men on the crew proceeded to tear down the ceiling without putting down drop cloths or a barrier plastic between the dining room and the rest of the house. Consequently we ended up with a heavy dust throughout the house from the dry sheetrock and dry insulation that they pulled down.

Everything in our kitchen was covered with dust and insulation. I explained to them again that my son has asthma and that they needed to clean everything up well. The woman assured me they would. NOTHING was cleaned up. They tore up our yard with their vehicles, left debris in the yard and could not get it through their heads that it was supposed to be a turn key job. They were so slow communicating with our insurance that our agent finally had to go above someone's head at the main office. We ended up telling them not to come back and had to hire our own contractors to put in a new floor and ceiling. We will NEVER call ServPro again nor will we ever recommend them to anyone else.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

My sewer line backed up into a drain in my basement, causing about two-thirds of the area to be wet with sewer water and some toilet paper. I got that problem fixed, cleaned up the water and called Servpro to do the sanitizing. The gentleman who answered the phone told me they'd be there the next morning between 8 and 9 am.

No one showed up but I received a call shortly after 9. He'd neglected to get my address during the initial phone call so I provided it and he said the techs were on their way and would be there in about 20 minutes. I asked him at that time if I would be provided an estimate prior to any work being done and he said "Absolutely."

Almost an hour later I received a call from the tech letting me know they'd be there in 15 minutes, and they did finally show up about 10:15. I showed him the area and said I only wanted the sanitizing done because we'd already cleaned up the water. About 10 minutes later he came and told me it would be $900! I said no, for that kind of money I'll go out and buy a steam mop and do it myself. He said, "Well that's all we're going to do." (Mind you, this is a townhouse so the basement area is not that large at all.It's a tile floor and there was no furniture in it, nothing even had to be moved!)

He then told me he could drop it down to $800 and I still said no. He asked how much I'd be willing to pay and I told him $500 was about my limit. His eyes lit up and he said he could do it himself for $500 but it would have to be later that day, after he got off work. I just looked at him and said "Uh, no." He then told me I'd probably get a call from his boss about paying the trip charge. I replied that he never mentioned anything about a trip charge (unlike the plumber the previous day who made it clear, up front, that no matter what else there'd be a $45 trip charge) in either conversation.

He left, but came back to my door a few moments later saying his boss had told him to collect the $50 trip charge. I told him again that I was not paying the trip charge, I was never told about a trip charge nor had I ever agreed to a trip charge. I got a call from the office a little while later but when I answered there was no one on the other end.

It seems from their website they do mostly large jobs and work directly with the insurance company. Maybe because of that they are accustomed to charging exorbitant fees. Maybe those that have a huge mess on their hands don't feel like they have a choice in whether to use the services or not. I don't know what to make of the experience except that I was pretty shocked (a) at the price and (b) at the tech's offer to do it himself after hours at a reduced price. Not to mention the audacity of charging a trip fee never previously mentioned and after showing up 1-2.5 hours after they said they would.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

It all started on New Year's. Our upstairs bathroom had a frozen pop. Got home. The next day we meet with SERVPRO. The first crew that comes in is very helpful the first day. But right from the start we see inconsistencies with what they say they will do. They get a key to my condo and say they will call before and after they leave. 7 out of ten times they never locked the front door. Always had different people coming in and out at random times. We were staying upstairs because all of their work was downstairs after the plumber fixed the leak. My fiancé and I got woken up by some random at least two times a week by opening the bedroom door. They would say, "Oh man I had no idea someone was here." Such a lie. They all have a folder with notes on it that specify exactly where the works at. No knock. No call out. Just walk into my room. It started to feel like they were snooping around. And yes they were.

Our condo is still not done. It’s the 13th of February and they are almost done with the flooring. On Sunday February 11th @ 4:00 pm same thing happens. I walk right into a ** male. I know immediately Who he is, "Servpro right?" "Yup" then introduces himself as a subcontractor for Servpro. I say, "Okay take him in and show him what to do." Then I notice he has a young ** female that looked anywhere from 15-17 years of age. Another ** male no older than 13 and his wife or girlfriend in the front of a Maroon cargo van. The girls stay in the van and are in the driver and passenger front seats. I offer him to let his family come and sit inside. He says, "Oh that’s okay man. They are going to just be playing games on their phones." I’m thinking damn now my garage is open and I can’t watch everyone myself.

Now I help them carry in stuff because the young boy is no taller than 4’10” and we were carrying in heavy stuff. Then he says, "Thanks man. Nobody here ever offers to help me I." That’s when I tell him, "Well I’m from Hawaii" and we strike up a great conversation. From there on it felt almost as if we were friends. I tell him If they need me I will be upstairs. He says, "Okay we’re good for now thanks." I feel really comfortable I had a little share about where I was from and he asked questions and seemed very engaged. So I’m upstairs now. Lots of noise going on. Tack strips getting nailed into concrete. At this point I’m in such deep concentration with my work. I forgot about them immediately I realize I don’t hear anyone. I walk downstairs and look around. All his tools are there but no one. Then I hear something in the garage. The two kids are in the corner of my garage the ** female is sitting.

The ** boy is standing looking at my stuff. I say, "Hey what’s going on? Where’s the adults?" "Oh they had to run to the store." Ok weird and she’s smoking a cigarette in my garage. So I get the boy a chair. He sits. I grab a couple of my tools, my two smoke vapes and accessories that were laying out charging. I just kept thinking to myself who leaves underage children at a House they are supposed to be working on. I almost called the manager of ServPro and said something but of course I was thinking with my heart not my brain. They looked like they were really poor and worked hard to support the children and I didn’t want to be taking any food off their table by telling on them. So I held back my concerns and just tried to keep an eye on them without making them feel uncomfortable.

So I walk back and forth pretending to be doing things but really watching. That makes them uncomfortable enough so they both walk into the house and go into my room where the dad's supposed to be working. It takes both adults 45 minutes to get back from the store. He walks in like no big deal and gets right back to work. I want to say something so bad but don’t. I keep quiet occasionally popping in on all three of them. At one point the ** male had answered his cellphone and was clearly having a heated conversation. At that same moment I turn back and notice the ** boy looking back at me as if he did something wrong. So I immediately follow him outside look around the back of their van. I think, "Man I’m paranoid". That’s terrible. As I’m walking back in to the house I noticed the ** male near our dressers. Way far away from his work area.

The reason I move everything myself I don’t want anyone in my house longer than they should be. And they have no chance to steal things without you knowing. I just finished telling myself, "You’re paranoid. Stop it." So I go upstairs, talk with my fiancé about what to do for dinner and by the time I knew it they cleaned up. Swept and Vacuumed everything. It looked so good I was so stoked on getting my room back. We look over the job. I thank him and everyone that helped out. I wanted to tip them but couldn’t because I had the Work car not my Jeep. I felt so bad I really wanted to tip them like I did a few other Servpro employees. So we all leave at the same time. Getting in the vehicle I see his broom and vacuum. "Hey man you forgot this". He runs in the garage and says, "Good helps hard to find these days." He then tells me, "Oh I have your keys to the condo. I need to hide them under the front mat."

6:30 pm. We both leave at the same time. My fiancé and I get home around 9:00pm. I’m so excited to rearrange our bedroom. Can’t wait to not have to climb those stairs. We can’t decide how to set up our room with the same old stuff. Then I get her to help me carry an old dresser from garage in. As we bend down to get ahold of it. Immediately I see a brand new torque wrench that I bought for doing head gasket jobs missing from its spot on my workbench. You can see the dust around where it just recently sat in the case. I stop and look at my table. Everything has a spot that it belongs. Old iPhone 7plus box with damaged phone was opened and set aside. All of my power tools that I keep boxes for when I have to warranty them were opened. My Matco tools.

I then call SERVPRO 865-690-9658 dispatch @ 9:49 pm. Woman keeps interrupting me before I can speak. Finally she says someone will contact me. At 10:16 pm Shawn from Servpro calls, asks some details and recommends police report in the morning. Then says he will be there tomorrow. So @ 8:14am I get a call from 865-690-9658. He claims to be the guy that will prosecute the person who stole from us. They end up being the two Managers from this area. So he starts to ask me questions and tries to give the cop staredown. His last Name is **. This guy really pours it on. He was just short not really sincere and wouldn’t look at you unless he felt like he had to mad dog you. Unbelievable and they have no time to answer any questions you have. They half answer as they turn their backs on you.

Now the other Manager he was a little friendlier. Anyhow ** tells me I can’t do anything about it unless I have actual video cameras to prove it. It was a couple hundred bucks and I told him, "You know what. I’m not calling the cops. Never have. Won’t start now. Just give me the guy's address." You should’ve seen his face. He was so pissed. I figured what a headache for couple hundred bucks. The subcontractors boss heard me talking to them this morning. He called his guy right away and asked about my tools. He said that he would look to see if his helpers accidentally picked up my tools. Then said he would call us back right around lunch. His boss comes in. He had brought all of my tools back for me and said his guy said he’d look for my tools and immediately said, "Nope nothing here." It was too fast of an answer so I got you these.

Now we’re all having a great time. I give his boss a 350.00 gift certificate from my business. To show my appreciation for just the thought that was just amazing to me. Now we start going through our things and unpacking dresser and desk. We are missing all of my fiancé’s jewelry. Before this subcontractor got here we packed everything into the 6 drawer dresser. We had everything labeled. Everything valuable was there and something I cannot ever replace. My two NI’IHAU SHELL LEIS. The person who has these you have no use. Please return them. They have been passed down for generations throughout the Hawaiian islands. And my fiancé’s ring has our names engraved on the inside of them. Please help if you see our NI’IHAU SHELL LEIS OR RING MAHALO.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

My home was damaged by a Huge tree in September 2017 by Hurricane Harvey. State Farm suggested I call ServPro to dry the house out so no more water damage would be done and they would bill State Farm directed. That they did for $21,758.21. They didn't go over any details of price with me. Just had me sign the iPad. After 30 days of drying out the house with their equipment that was already dried due to the warm weather in Georgia. I had a contractor that was given me an estimate and he inform me he had been by the house and ServPro would be outside sitting in their truck and the house was still in the same conduction it was in the last three days that he came by. He suggested that I call the manager and have them to pack up their equipment and end the contract with ServPro because they are just milking up the insurance funds and that they had only done about $7,00.00 worth of work.

The manager (**) came and told me that the ServPro had changed management and they didn't know who my insurance adjuster was and that's why they wasn't coming over doing any work. They called State Farm because they had not received payment and was advised to call me because I had received the payment for the damage and they needed to contact me for payment. ServPro had no attention on sending me a copy of the invoice. The invoice included man hours for 24 hours per day (30 days) that ServPro didn't do because they didn't show up every day as promised. I was told that one of the workers had a family emergency and they all was like family so they wouldn't be there. The invoice is not easy to read but I noticed they had charged me for working in the bathroom due to water damage.

The bathroom was the only room that didn't have damage and the only thing they did in the bathroom was run the hoses from the equipment into the bathtub to drain from the other rooms. I told them to look at the picture that they sent me on the invoice because they was dated with two different dates and there was no difference in the pictures. They removed the charges for the bathroom after reviewing the pictures. If you use ServPro my suggestion is to meet them at the house. Do not leave them a key to your house so you will know when they come and have them sign a login sheet with date, time, and what work they did each day. Check the hourly rate and how long it takes to complete the assignment. ServPro will never get any service from me again.

ServPro Company Information