Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.50/5

Need help with a repair or new project?

Get matched with a contractor or specialist on HomeAdvisor

Get started

Need help with a repair or new project?

Get matched with a contractor or specialist on HomeAdvisor

Get started

ServPro Reviews

Original review: May 22, 2020

Very pleased! The team (headed by Brandon) were all very polite and professional, assisted each other as needed. Very stained room looks brand new! I look forward to working with you again in late Fall! Price is on point!

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

In May 2019, our home was struck by lightning causing a significant attic fire. We ended with fire, smoke, water and 14+ inches of rain pouring in that night. We had no idea where to start. The unthinkable had just occurred and we were devastated. To top it off, the whole area surrounding us flooded majorly that night. My insurance agent reached out to Servpro of West Fort Bend County to assist. The owner was onsite the very next day to explain how everything works. I was probably irritating by all the questions I had but he happily answered every one of them.

The next 6 days everything salvageable was packed up to be cleaned. There is NO way we could have done it on our own... not physically, mentally or emotionally. Lettie was the lead on our packout along with several others. These angels spent days inventorying everything. We may have been pack rats at that time lol. After our items were removed and the next crew came in to remove sheetrock, carpet, insulation and remediate the dwelling Everyone did great and did exactly what they are supposed to do!

Nearly 7 months later, our home is done and servpro returned our salvaged items. Sure... some things are not perfect but I'm amazed by many items they were able to properly clean. It is MY job to work with the insurance adjuster over a few thing to be added to the contents losses. It was our job to monitor the work as it was completed and ask questions. I believe some reviews here are unfair to Servpro as some complaints are not their job to do. As much as we all wish we lived in a fantasy world where insurance just does what is just and right, that's not reality! Property owners should be accountable as well. This is why I chose to share our experience. Servpro has been an absolute blessing in one of the hardest years of our lives!

Get buying tips about Home Improvement Contractors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

We were selling our oceanfront condo and buyer's inspector determined an interior oceanfront bedroom wall and ceiling had water damage from the floor above. Our real estate agent contacted ServPro to assess the repair. ServPro provided a very reasonable quote for the repair and we authorized the work. ServPro determined the exterior ocean side flashing was failing and the HOA authorized appropriate repair by their contractor.

Once exterior repairs were completed the ServPro team treated exposed interior wall area to prevent mold, replaced all damaged interior wood, installed new sheetrock, reinstalled crown molding, finish painted wall and cleaned up all debris including vacuuming the floor in time to meet an aggressive closing date set by buyer. Entire project (including repairs by HOA contractor) was completed in less than three weeks. ServPro held to their original quoted price even though altering their work plan to meet the accelerated closing date. Our sincere thanks to the entire ServPro team for getting the job done and done right.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

I had a small amount of mold in a bedroom due to water damage from a roof leak. I want to say Thank you to Mike, Melissa, and Kenney for their professionalism in getting this small job done in such a timely matter. The carpenter and painter did an excellent job as well. Very pleased.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

I'd like to thank Ando, Tony, Marcos and Mario for the very professional way they handled the water damage situation in my house. Great job. 5 stars. They did what was necessary for a full and complete remediation. Thank you as well to Wanda in the office. Jay ** Woodland Hills.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ServPro?

Original review: June 24, 2020

Mine was a smallish job, a bathtub flood in a 2 bedroom duplex. While the mitigation and tear down phases went very well, when the job was handed off to the restoration crew it all fell apart. First of all, the way they have compartmentalized their functional arms seems disjointed and led to some communication snafus. Secondly, the estimator and lead for their restoration effort was completely disinterested and incompetent. After 2 weeks of no start, I was told the hang up was tile: no longer available at Lowe's. So I picked a reasonable substitute via email that would take a week to come in.

In the meanwhile, I presumed carpet, wall board and subfloor could start. Alas, not so. The estimator could not locate any contractors and could not start for another 3 weeks out. My tenant at this point had been out of her home for nearly a month. I went to Lowe's and found the exact tile in stock and bought it. Fired Servpro and hired another company who said they could do the job within a week. Frankly, I don't think Servpro cared. I was lied to again and again until the relationship became dysfunctional. End of story.

Original review: June 20, 2020

We had a small condo fire, we were told it will be like a good spring cleaning when you come home. Not even close, I had complaint after complaint from neighbors of the music being so loud, they were outside smoking every hour. They broke my China, shoved everything including collectibles all in boxes that could not be moved by adult men. My alcohol was drank, nothing was cleaned. I spent days and days cleaning up their mess they made and when I complained all I got was sorry, the girl quit and didn’t care she was on the last of her notice. What about the other people with her. I am considering a lawsuit at this point seriously. I went to turn my Bose radio on and they had it up so loud it cracked and popped. I am so angry after already dealing with a fire and all the crap I went through this is the last thing I needed. Find someone professional because they are not. I live in the Scarborough Maine area so stay away from them.

Original review: May 29, 2020

It took about a month to get an estimate for the cleaning after someone came out to view the home. When the cleaners came to do the cleaning, I was not able to be home. One of them moved my bag and broke the handle off my purse. They hid it in the corner instead of saying something. $2,000 later, I still have soot hanging on the ceiling of my bathroom and hallway.

Original review: May 23, 2020

This company not only damaged furniture (dropped a mahogany desk over a upstairs landing) had to replace flooring they put down as it all popped up, took things from our home (they refused to return them unless we signed their release paper). Dragged the project on for almost 3 years. Would leave our job to do work elsewhere as our insurance company had paid them in full at the beginning, so they would take on other new jobs, leaving ours unfinished. Stole items from kitchen cabinets. When we returned to our home all the items from our kitchen (dishes, glassware) were gone. Broke items (Waterford crystal).

Another was a mirror that was handed down in our family for generations. They took pieces of the mirror with the promise that they would find someone to repair it. It had etching on it. When we asked for the return of the pieces so we could find someone to repair the mirror, they declined the return. The same was for our brass sconces from the entryway to our home.

They removed our Mahogany desk without our permission when we were gone and refused to return it. There was nothing wrong with the desk. The desk was part of a 3 piece set and they said they planned on replacing all 3 pieces. We got a quote from where we purchased the exact set and submitted it. They never acknowledged it. We finally told them we would be happy with just the return of the desk they took and also the return of our glass mirror pieces and the brass sconces. We got an email back saying that nothing would be returned unless we signed their release paper. Isn't this a form of blackmail? I have all emails along with documentation. The job was handled very unprofessionally. When one of the managers wanted to know if the Port-a-Potty's had been picked up he emailed my wife "has anyone picked up the ** yet?" My wife tried very hard to work along with these people with praise whenever possible.

Please, please beware if you are thinking of taking the chance of hiring this company. My wife and I are senior citizens and myself am a retired Veteran of 25 yrs in the USMC. Our health is not good and this company knew it. They drag the repair of our home for almost 3 years as they had already been paid by our insurance company. This has been one of the worst experiences of a lifetime. We came to Florida to retire and enjoy the golden years but came to this disaster instead. Please email me if you wish for any documentation.

Original review: April 27, 2020

In late June of 2019 we had storm damage to the roof and outer wall of our house. I called ServPro. They came out the next day and put a tarp on the roof. The next day it rained and it leaked like a sieve. I called Servpro. They said they would have someone come out. They never showed. After calling them five more times that week a guy from Servpro called and asked what the problem was. I told him that the tarp they put on was leaking very bad doing more damage to the inside of the house. He said he would be out within an hour. He never showed.

After getting a contractor to come out and re tarp the roof the guy from Servpro called me and said that we owed them $2,500 for them putting the tarp on. I told him there was no way I was paying that that because the tarp leaked. It cost me another $2,000 in damages to the floors and walls on the inside of the house. Never got a bill or heard from them until almost a year later they sent me a bill for $687. I don't know what's going on with this company but it will be a cold day in hell before I pay them a penny.

ServPro Company Information