Protect what matters most

Protect yourself from the unexpected - Shop home warranty companies.

Protect my home
1.74/5

Protect what matters most

Protect yourself from the unexpected - Shop home warranty companies.

Protect my home

280 ServPro Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 2, 2019

We had a mold/mildew issue in our shed. We had them come out to double check that we had got it all. The guys came out walked through everything we us and Reassured us that we got it all except for one little spot. They told us that we were doing everything right to prove that it from coming back.

Original review: May 1, 2019

Our home experienced heavy rain storms which resulted in the flooding of our basement. Luckily, ServPro responded to our call immediately and sent a crew out the next day. They had to remove all of our carpets and repair some of our walls but they were very efficient during this unfortunate event. Within the week the basement was usable again and I could not to be more grateful. The crew was also extremely friendly and made me feel comfortable welcoming them into our home. I would certainly recommend this company to anyone who needs repairs to their home.

Get expert buying tips about Home Improvement Contractors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

We called ServPro on a Sunday after a heavy rain and roof issues. Caused our dining room ceiling to leak, then parts of the ceiling fell in and we had water and insulation all over the dining room and surrounding areas. ServPro answered our call right away, and got someone out soon after we called them. They closed off the ceiling with plastic, and they set up industrial fans and a dehumidifier running and to get it drying right away. The service from ServPro was EXCELLENT! Since moving to this area, I have not dealt with any company with this type of service. Promptly returned all calls. The most trustworthy owner and employees. That is hard to find! Always addressed me respectfully. Just a true pleasure to work with from the first visit here to the last.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

I got a call from a neighbor that water from my Summer home was coming out of my living room. When I arrived I found a pipe in the ceiling had burst and was pouring water inside the house for at least 2 days. I called ServPro and they wanted to send someone out that night. We scheduled them to come out the following day at 10:00 am. Although they were about an hour late they did call me and tell me they would be late. They had brought in an awesome group of people to clean up and clean out everything that was damaged. It took them 2 days just to do the removal of carpet, drywall, furniture etc. They finished up about 7:00 pm on Sunday night. My property is in Northeast MD and I can say that it's been a long time since I have seen such professional and courteous work as their's was. The drying out is still going on but I could not be happier with the people I have dealt with and work they have done.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

So with all the rain mid-November, my basement flooded and I started panicking. My insurance company recommended a small company but when they arrived they let me know they couldn't do much other than set up some fans, and I might want to call a different company, and ServPro was who they recommended. I called up ServPro and within 30 minutes had a gentleman by the name of Will ** contact me, and make plans to be there first thing the next morning. He developed a plan, and within an hour had an entire crew (led by Devon, also great) there setting up equipment, fans, working on the dryout, removing damaged insulation and drywall, and they were there every single day for 4 days. He had a dumpster delivered immediately on the first day, stayed in constant contact with me, and had a crew of 5 set up to help me move damaged items into the dumpster, and catalog each item along the way.

Additionally, he worked directly with my insurance adjuster to find out what was and was not covered so to maximize what ServPro could do to help me through this process. He was available by phone or text at any point and was extremely responsive. I cannot EVER imagine calling another company at this point, this was the absolute best customer service and execution of any company I've ever worked with. The entire crew was very respectful of my time and space and worked quickly to mitigate the damage I sustained.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ServPro?

Original review: June 12, 2019

This company is not a good company. They overcharge. They have a team of companies that they refer you to that they both charge for work they didn't do. You are not required to use these companies. Do your homework and get your own contractors. Do not use them.

Original review: June 12, 2019

Servpro/Branford, Ct franchisee was called about a water leak at our house. Their service was pathetic. No only did they leave water throughout the house they billed my insurance company for work they never did. I had to hire a new crew to eliminate they water in the house. The owner, Herman ** was unresponsive to our complaints. Stay away from the Servpro location. Servpro is a franchise system and each location is owned separately. They have no standards and do not pursue "BEST BUSINESS practices. caveat emptor, buyer beware.

Original review: June 4, 2019

They cleaned up bathroom floor and part of carpet and left 2 bright pink spots on carpet. After several attempts to reach them they did not accept responsibility. Terrible customer service. Also, their bill came in several hundred dollars over their initial estimate. I would not recommend them.

Original review: May 30, 2019

After buying a dishwasher from Home Depot, along with a 5 year warranty, and install and haul away, on 05/08/19. to be installed, on 05/14/19. Well I called ServPro and for some reason, they wrote that they tried but the property was under construction, and was not ready to be installed. The property was built in 2007 and they were supposed to haul away the old one!!!! So it was rescheduled for 05 20 19. Well they show up 2 hrs. after they called and told me they would be there in 30 min. then they brought it in, unpacked it in the living room and left!! Without installing it. So when I called, ServPro! They acted like they knew nothing about it, and were very rude and hung up on me.

I called back and talked to a man, and the install was rescheduled for 05 28 19. and it was completed. Owning 18 rental properties I'm buying refrigerators, or dishwasher all the time. So I purchased a refrigerator on 05 17 19, with a scheduled delivery, and haul off on, 05 28 19. On 05 26 19 I got a recorded call delaying the delivery to 05 30 19, so my tenants have been without a refrigerator for a week now. Today, the 30th, I get the call that they will be there in 30 min. so I informed my tenant.

Soon after they got there, I get a call from my tenant saying "they were either on drugs, or drunk AND VERY RUDE TO HER", and she was in tears. Not only that but they had refused to take the old one away. I call the driver, that had called me earlier, and had a verbal argument. and he hung up on me. I called back and he would not answer, so I left a message and in no certain words how worthless he was. Now ServPro won't return my call, and Home Depot, just shrugs and says that it's their problem!!

Original review: May 30, 2019

After suffering a house fire where 90 percent of our home was damaged, the "workers" from ServPro saw fit to help themselves to some property that was being stored in our breezeway until it could be transported to my not-yet-open store. Nothing like kicking someone when they're down. To top it off, my personal information was also lifted and used (no one had any business going through my tote bag) and it took me forever to clear my name from a fraudulent charge. I would sooner do the work myself than to ever use them again. The miscreants that showed up to "help" were fly-by-nights. I was told this by the owner of the company. Save yourself the heartache... Find a more reputable company to deal with because one thing's for sure... This company hasn't improved with age.

Original review: May 23, 2019

Horrible experience - too long to list here. Job took 3 1/2 months to complete because the franchise owner refused to take responsibility for a roof tarp job gone wrong. (He wanted the claims adjust to pay for it when Servpro guys were the ones to put holes all over the side of my house!) When they sent me the invoice ($3400+), I still had the following issues:

1) Whoever used my ladder left it a complete mess, covered in plaster. Not a huge deal but would've been nice if they cleaned it off.
2) Materials were left in my garage (insulation & plaster bucket) and nothing was swept up.
3) My garage door doesn't close properly - it worked fine before your company started work. There are garage door wires hanging from the ceiling still.
4) The plaster job done on the weight-bearing beam looks horrible - holes, etc. You tell me - is this standard quality of your company's work?
5) Shingles on the roof are buckling. They didn't before.

6) Shingles on side of roof just look horrible - about 1 1/2 inches too far out. I didn't include a picture of the other side for comparison, but it immediately caught my eye when I walked up.

They didn't return my phone calls, did a poor job (construction lead was supposed to come out & inspect but failed to do so), and took WAY TOO LONG to complete. This was a 1 week job. I will NEVER use ServPro again.

Original review: May 16, 2019

Honestly You can’t go wrong with SERVPRO Beaver County. In the past and recently we had a need for their services. Jeff ** goes above and beyond any expectations to complete a thorough job. The competent crew also did professional work. They are certainly deserving of a excellent review from us! Sarah ** PA

Original review: May 10, 2019

Expensive! Make sure to get their estimate before scheduling the work or they will take advantage of you and overcharge for the work. We have a home in Parker which had mold and schedule the cleaning with the promise from Justin that he would send us an estimate that night, never received the estimate until after they showed up to do the job, which we needed completed right away to close on the sale of the home and it was unbelievable what they charged. Unfortunately too late for us to go with someone else but wanted to help other not make the same mistake!

Original review: May 10, 2019

These people are CROOKS! ServPro of Marietta Georgia. They have placed a lien on our house and our neighbor's house for outrageous charges, most were not even performed. They gave us no estimate, no bill, and placed the lien before even contacting us. Charging us for detaching washer & dryer (neither were there), removing flooring and door trim (they did not do) I've sent picture to their attorneys. Charging for dump truck to carry off debris - they did NOT do this. I had to hire a truck to haul off debris left in our driveway. Charged for multiple air handlers and dehumidifiers when there were only a few in the rooms. These people thought it was an insurance claim but wasn't so they tried to charge us for this thinking we would never know. CROOKS! DO NOT USE THEM!

Original review: April 17, 2019

So I usually don’t like to critique companies however people do not use ServPro unless you’re in dire straits. We had a flood in our basement and our insurance company suggested them to handle the damage. After first call to them no response then I call back 2 more times. Finally 5 hours later they show up. By then we had all the water extracted. The service people was nice and polite. That was the good part. Here is the problem. So the claim adjuster, myself and ServPro manager are standing in the basement going over everything. ServPro manager gives claim adjuster our bill amount after hanging up with his office. Okay so a couple weeks go by with the insurance company and mortgage company doing their paperwork. Meanwhile I get a detailed emailed bill from ServPro per my request which is 2.5 times the cost originally stated. Reviewing the bill they charged us 4 extra days for a ton of drying equipment that we didn’t have.

After the initial shock I call their office and request to speak with the manager. She is rude and has no customer service skills indicated by her comments to me. Such as well, "That was just a estimate you were given previously. This is your bill." Finally she indicated she would check it out and go back and review the drying bill and call back. A few hours later another office girl calls. Said the manager was busy but stated if I sign this form they would redo the bill and stand by the price and acknowledged that I was overcharged. Okay so I sign the form send it back wait for a revised bill. Nope nothing so 3 more weeks go by and I get a call from another rude staff saying I need to pay my bill. "Okay no problem. Can you send it to me like you said you would." After a brief hold she comes back and she says, "Okay I’ll send you the bill and I will call you back in one hour to collect your payment."

Original review: April 13, 2019

We had sewer water in our cellar. They didn't know what they were doing. They left with water under counters I had in cellar. The person in charge said there was nothing they could do. I had to finish the job myself with my tools. The manager showed up 3 days later and said that I was right. The counters should have been moved or shimmed up and dried and then sprayed antibacterial solution. He said he would send a crew to finish the job with shims and fans to finish the job. In 3 days 2 guys showed up with no tools and thought they were there to pick up fans. They made a call to their supervisor and he came with some fans. The young man in charge saw what had to done with shimming up the counters and have the fans blow under the counters. All he kept saying the whole time is. That can't be done.

I went and got some shims and my tools to lift the counter and put the shims under so that my fans could dry under the counters. The older man helped me lift the counter and put the shims under the counter. The older part time person knew more than the person in charge. When the supervisor showed up THE younger man that was in charge tried to take credit for doing that only complained the whole time it couldn't be done. They are really all inexperienced. They didn't know how to get the job done. That's all they wanted to do is go home. After they left I had to lift the counters and take out the shims to lower the counters and put them back where they belong. Tried calling the top supervisor about 8 times with no one calling me back even though the operator said she would definitely have someone call me back. The person in charge always had just stepped out.

Original review: April 4, 2019

A franchisee in north Fort Worth Texas is a rip off. This complaint is against Servpo and the franchisee owner. I understand the young men that work for him are doing what they are told but why should also should be more conscientious. They do not arrive on time, they tell you you have mold- when you probably don’t, they would not give us a Price for the mold clean up- we didnt know the price until after the work was done. They told my husband and I that they knew how to work the system.

To start with they wanted our full deductible up front and we refused. We gave them half which was a mistake. They billed us for mild remediation for the amount we paid plus billed the insurance company. The total of both came close the Amount of our full deductible. The work they did was lousy, they didn’t cover things, they knocked the gs off the wall. They left the room a mess we still can’t use it. We reached out to ServPro corporate who led us to believe they would do something and they are not. Do not use this company.

Original review: March 22, 2019

The carpet install good. Damage to my daughter headboard big time and they say by picture of damage they cant tell that it was their guys that did it so they are not taking responsibility for it. DO NOT USE THEM. I will be out $ 499.98 to replace 3pc headboard, footboard and rails. Size of melon middle of headboard wood sticking out damage for my daughter to touch. Have it taped up. Put in claim through Lowe's as that is where I got my carpet. Will update this after the claim and if anything is done on the matter. But for now I would not use SERVPRO AGAIN. Will not even call me back so far.

Original review: March 20, 2019

Pardon the lengthy review but I really want to try to get all the details right regarding my less than ideal experience with ServPro. Having seen numerous ServPro commercials and advertisements they project a very specific and seemingly professional service- “Like it never even happened. Only happens here with ServPro” is one of their slogans. I can say with certainty that is not the service that I received.

I will start by saying my water damage was fully resolved, which I suppose is why they were hired in the first place but that water damage being taken care of wasn’t without a long list of other damages done to my home in the meantime. Upon the crew's first arrival the overall professional appearance of crew members that you see in their advertisements was unfortunately not who I greeted at my front door. There were no uniforms, no well groomed men and woman coming to save the day. I was greeted by 1 professionally kept man, the project leader I presume, and 2 other men; later I found out were from a local staffing agency.

The project leader and one of the men from the staffing agency were friendly and filled me in on what they were doing every step of the way. The third man hardly even acknowledged my existence even when I welcomed him into my home and went to shake his hand. I had an appointment later that morning that I could not reschedule. I was a little bit uncomfortable leaving strangers in my home, as anyone would be, but we do have numerous security cameras which is comforting in situations such as this.

Upon returning home the crew had already completed the job and the drying fans were fast at work. But the fans aren’t the only thing that they left behind. Right away I notice 2 long gouges in the wood floors in my hallway which prompted me to look over other areas of my home for damage. I found scuff marks and dirty hands prints on many of my doors and door frames. Trails of water drips (from leaking hoses) all over my floors. Plants and plant stands were moved, mind you they were in a room that these people at no business being in at all.

I also found many dried white footprints throughout my house on my carpets, which I believe they had stepped in the cleaner they use to prevent mold growth after water damage and had proceeded to track it everywhere. Not to mention the poor job they did at vacuuming up the mess from having to cut and removal damaged drywall.

At this point I found it to be appropriate to look back through my surveillance footage to get to the bottom of all the damages. Clear as day I see one of the men from the staffing agency DRAGGING a large trash bag full of debris down my stairs, across my wood floored hallway and into my kitchen. Now this trash bag included baseboards with nails still in them and tack board used for carpeting (also full of tiny nails). I can hear my floors beings scratched by this careless act and So. Does. He. Because he stops, turns around and bends over to look at the damage he’s does, shrugs his shoulders and finally lifts up the bag as he should have done from the beginning and carries it the rest of the way to the door.

Upon this man returning in my house he took a detour into my dining room, which is the room where he proceeded to move my plants so he could more freely walk the equipment back outside through that room as opposed to the front door which by the way the front door is the far easier exit than my very cluttered dining room. Subsequently he ended up scratching the piano in my dining room with something while removing equipment as well. At this point it became very apparent this man was thirsty from all his hard work because he began to look for a cup in my kitchen and when he couldn’t find one he proceeded to put his mouth right ON my kitchen faucet and help himself to a drink of water, which to me was probably the most unsettling thing about this entire experience.

I understand that curiosity is a natural human instinct especially when working in other people's homes, I’ve been there myself, we all sort of wonder how others live but all three of these men were uncomfortably curious about other rooms in my home. Two of them even proceeded to open and read birthday cards that were hanging on my refrigerator, take photos of artwork hanging on my walls and stare a little too long at personal photos around my home. To top off this entire experience we were filing this claim with our homeowners insurance and from what I was being told by ServPro my homeowners insurance was going to pay ServPro directly therefore it was not my obligation to worry about payment.

After a few weeks went by I begin getting phone calls from a woman trying to collect payment. I continued to keep her as up-to-date as I was in regards to the payment from my insurance company. The third time she called she was increasingly annoyed at the fact that they had not been paid out yet. Come to find out weeks later from my insurance company, ServPro never submitted the “direction to pay” paperwork needed for them to be paid directly as opposed to me having to pay them from my settlement. Finally to wrap this up, I would not recommend ServPro to anyone- find another company to do your remediation.

Original review: March 14, 2019

We have an elderly parent in our house that did not make it to the bathroom in time one morning and had a bowel movement on a few feet on carpet and then in the bathroom. Called ServPro and asked for an estimate. Had to pay them for this $125. Paid by credit card over phone. The estimator arrived and was here for about 5 minutes. 2 days later, i finally heard from ServPro and the wanted $2400 to do the minor cleanup. Cancelled the work order and was told the $125 was non-refundable. Rip-off operation. RUN AWAY!

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

ServPro painting and remodeling work was terrible, then they told me I was going to get solid wood cabinets and they installed chipboard the cheapest cabinet. The installer damaged the cabinets and overcut the countertop and he still wants me to pay for this. I told the contractor this is not what I was supposed to get and I am fighting this, they now put a lien on my house. The contractor is a liar, they tried to charge for things they did not do. You have to watch the invoice, they cannot be trusted. DO NOT USE THEM, DONT TRUST WHAT THEY SAY.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

They never did any work when they finally showed up months and months later. When I called them the project manager yelled at me and told me, “Don't call anymore.” It's a scam. Stay away. I will find the paperwork and let you all know the names and what franchise.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

Executive Summary: find someone other than ServPro. Why? Read on. My wife and I are 74-year-old senior citizens... We read reviews, but seldom write them. However, when treated unfairly and paying $8000 for an incomplete job…prospective customers need responsible feedback. Our reaction to the existing 5-star reviews…total fiction. Our stars: 1.

My reviews are few but accurate. What follows is fully supported by detailed, time-stamped emails and photos. During 2018, we, personally, labored to finish the job, making four roundtrips FL to CO and continued to seek a remedy with the ServPro ownership. Afforded multiple opportunities to visit the site, they declined. What follows is fully supported by detailed, time-stamped emails and photos.

We were introduced to ServPro in October 2017. Just one of a series of unfortunate events: 1) negligent, irresponsible renters in Castle Rock who finally “noticed” black spots on the basement wood floor; 2) Insurance company, American Family, denied the claim... No coverage for slow, hidden basement leaks which emanated from the first floor kitchen drain; and then, finally, 3) ServPro to the “rescue”.

1. Logistics. I had asked ServPro/Boulder about the logistics of taking the job in Castle Rock and was told: “No problem. Our teams are everywhere.” Probably true. It appears ServPro/Boulder ownership shares a commonality with other Denver area ServPro franchisees. Moral of the story: Think twice about selecting another Denver area ServPro franchise. 2. Time to completion according to them: 3-4 days. Rather, after a month, they labelled it “complete”. The reality: Not complete as of this December 2018 writing.

3. Communication with Kris, the Team Supervisor. In general, while normally timely, all-too-often, the information was inaccurate and/or incomplete. On one occasion, I was told they would be back on Tuesday. Only after my prompting did they return on Thursday. On another occasion, Kris said it was ready for the plumber to fix the leaking drain pipe. The reality: they hadn't even removed the basement wallboard that fronted the pipe. After the plumber finished (second trip), they hadn't removed the moldy pipe so, the air tester professional, who was on scene since the job "was ready", couldn't test due to possible pipe air contamination. The comedy of these types of errors was continuous.

4. Cost Mentality? Kris convinced me to remove the existing wallboard, up to around 20". My direction to him: "Fine. Makes sense. Go ahead." What then happened and why? Well, I questioned the number of visits Kris made to the site. Not many I suspect. But his team, left to their own devices, removed the existing wallboard with cuts of 25" and higher from the floor. So, what is wrong? Well, as many know (his team members apparently didn't know nor care), wallboard comes in 48"X96" pieces. If you need to cut the new piece high-than-24"X96 ", you get only one usable cut from the new piece. The rest is wasted. Thus, the cost for me to subsequently fix what they caused (labor and materials), nearly doubled.

Another example. Their “completed” job left nothing done with the basement bathroom floor. Wow. This, after having ripped out 1” thick flooring everywhere else. Meanwhile, the 1/8” thick linoleum in the bathroom was left untouched. Guess what I found after tearing out the linoleum, the floor trim, and 20” high wallboard? Yes, mold. And I have pictures of both before and after.

5. State of Completion. After their designated completion, was the mold gone? Hardly. After the environmental consultant again came to inspect, he felt that an air sample would be a waste of time and money. In short, he said: "Keep cleaning, especially in all areas and cracks around the vertical drain pipe." I did so another 40 plus hours cleaning, scrubbing, spraying, and sealing. 6. Conclusion. Find somebody else.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

I contracted with ServePro to correct flood damage caused by hurricane Florence, hurricane Michael and a third set of rainstorms that came through which also flooded my house. We set this date several weeks ago. I scheduled time off work, after already having to take time off work for the floods, for this company to be so inconsiderate as to not show or even call. It was stated that someone in the office had the flu and that they were Completely swamped with trying to reschedule!

This person has been out with the flu for more than a week – they didn’t see fit to even call about rescheduling, however they took my money for the estimate $150. That’s how they make their money, they do their estimates but don’t come back to do the work. Buyer beware with these people. When I asked the woman, "Was there someone available to do the work?" she told me to look on the Internet and find ServiceMaster Pro, they could do it for me, I guess she wants me to pay another estimate fee for someone to come not do the work.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

Beware of how this company bills their customers. The insurance company sent them out for a water leak (at the time we thought we had a leak under the tile) at my property in the kitchen area. A very small area between the sink (island) and stove area. It was a Saturday, so it is considered an emergency call. My complaint is not about the service provided, but about the bill. The crew that came out was courteous. They wiped the floor where the wet spot was and proceeded to set up a dehumidifier machine, and then took some pictures. I never got an estimate for what would be billed nor was I told that they would bill me for TRAVEL TIME as well as time to input all the info into their computer system.

I'm sorry... but if a company is going to bill you by the hour, shouldn't the customer be aware of this? The second day when a different crew came by to check, there was no water coming up from the tile anymore (plumber couldn't find the leak) yet after talking with the manager back at the office, they tried to push me to get an air scrubber equipment set up. Why try to push more equipment on me when there's no water damage, no leak, etc... Very dishonest and opportunistic, and not a good business practice. I refused to have that installed and the crew was getting frustrated with his manager because there was nothing else he could try to push on me since I had already said no.

Clearly, since they thought I was going through insurance they could pad the invoice as much as possible, except I didn't go through insurance in the end. Needless to say, the bill was ridiculous. I would NEVER recommend this company because they are dishonest and they do not conduct business in good faith. Don't let what happened to me happen to other unsuspecting people. Make sure you get an estimate for the work to be performed and make sure they disclose they will bill you for inputting data as well as driving from their office to your property and back to the office.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I put a review of my experience with ServPro on their website and it was removed. About 2 years ago my house flooded. ServPro was called by my insurance and they did the clean-up/drying. In the process, they broke a few pictures and put a spike crack in my new Samsung 50" TV. I called and made several complaints to which they fell on deaf ears. This is without a doubt a terrible company to do ANY business with.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

I had water in my basement (office) and called ServPro, who said a crew could come that day to do the extraction. When Greg walked in the door, the first thing he confirmed was that this would not be covered by insurance and would require a $1000 deposit. I agreed, even though he hadn't seen the damage. When we went downstairs, he started talking about removing trim and cutting 2' up the wallboards. Since I had been through this before, I suggested he use his Meter device to check the moisture levels in the walls, which were low. He started to talk about carpet removal- I told him it was not padded, concrete floors below.

Finally he measured and we went upstairs to talk price. He worked off a tablet, and calculated the total removal cost at $1000 (or less) for the square footage and a (now lowered after seeing job) $750 deposit might cover it all. I took detailed notes while we talked after he told me they don't provide written estimates. They started extraction right away with a wand. I was often downstairs as the tech removed the water, wearing socks, and was very pleased at my carpet going from standing water to damp and mentioned that several times to both of them.

A few hours into it, 2 girls showed up with a weighted extractor. There was much discussion between the 4 of them that were excited to have this available to use (from another job) since their "Boss" wouldn't buy one. I helped move the cords as he went over the same area he had already used the wand on with the extractor. I was with them at all times, heard all the conversation between them. A second time Greg told me that my bill shouldn't top $1000. He left more fans than really needed for the space, and an extra large dehumidifer (which was the equipment he had on hand), and they left. My basement was dry (as expected) after 2 days and I left the equipment off until they came to pick it up on the 4th day. He brought in a spray bottle and "treated" the area as they removed equipment.

A few weeks later I got a final bill for additional $652.40. Long story short, after trying on multiple occasions to go over the charges and hearing nothing but untruths and exaggerations from both Greg ("We needed the weighted extractor because of the (non-existent) padding") and Stacey in billing I was finally told of additional charges he never detailed with me while I was asking for an estimate.

I now conclude they make charges fit whatever bill they decide to present you. I was told they don't give detailed costs bills (!!), had to insist on one. The antimicrobial agent spray he used a small bit of? $75.62. The weighted extractor they brought in which wasn't needed? Twice the cost of the wand. And hey- they only charged me for a large dehumidifer instead of the XL (also not necessary, it's what he had on hand), so they SAVED me money! And they didn't charge for for an emergency call (what emergency call? I called, they said they could come that day!) so I SAVED money there! And he forgot to tell me about the equipment set up, manipulation charges, etc. Oops.

My recommendation? Insist on a written estimate BEFORE they start work. They will tell you one thing and charge way above that. I write this days after paying the unfair and inflated bill to warn other homeowners so they don't get ripped off like I was. P.S. Still wishing I had the time or energy to fight this in small claims court since I took detailed notes when he quoted me and he remembered much of it the one time he called to talk about the final bill.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

I am a victim of the Woolsey fires in Calabasas. John **, general manager, was disrespectful and would not account for his employees telling me incorrect information, instead told me that "my perception was incorrect." I asked him four times to speak with his boss, Alan **, he ignored my requests and instead of letting me speak with his supervisor, told me that he no longer wants to work on our property due to my dissatisfaction.

I believe the main reason he doesn't want to work with our home is because he is aware he exhibited rude behavior to a customer and does not want his boss to be aware of this. His employee told me initially that the work would be done in 1 week, then after I select his company and do a walkthrough, he says they don't clean attics and they won't do the exterior of my home for 6-8 weeks, and that if I don't return the air scrubbers on the day that he wants them back that he will put a LIEN ON MY HOME even though his boss and his employee told me they would be returned when our home was clean.

I never leave bad reviews for a company, but I felt that John ** gave me no other choice as he would not let me speak with his supervisor and just dropped me as a client and wasted my time. I would never recommend this company to anyone and he took advantage of the fact that we are displaced and felt any question that I asked him was a personal assault. He responded belligerently to this question, "Do you think it makes sense to clean the attic first before the inside of the home?" This only leads me to believe that he wanted me to pay for cleaning that he knows will be disrupted just so that his company can pocket the $10,000 that my insurance company was willing to pay out.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

We had used ServPro in the past and found them to be priced just right to clean out and vacuum our crawl space. Roughly $400.00. This time Someone came out to give us an estimate and was going to charge $1200.00. I know it had been a few years since we used them but 3x as much. I called the office and told them and the woman I spoke to acted as if she owned the company. She was very defensive of the price and said she would look over the estimate and call me that next Monday. Never heard from her! I will never be calling them ever again!

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

ServPro was recommended to me by my insurance agent. I wish I had done my homework before hiring them. The first salesman was nice enough, did some measuring and gave me a quote. His boss came several days later and re-quoted the job many thousands higher. Some of the items in his quote were not going to be done and I did the math to take them out of the quote. They started the job with 2 guys who were not knowledgeable in taking up flooring. I had been removing flooring while I waited for them to start. They asked me to show them how I was doing the job.

By 3:30 the first day they were exhausted and left for the day. Upon them leaving I discovered they had cut the electrical code to my DirecTV. The next day (after I got a neighbor to repair the TV), 2 guys came, hard workers and again I worked alongside of them. This is when I fully understood that ServPro Over promises and Under delivers. The next day one guy showed up. At the end of this day my iPod was missing. I had only gotten it out because of the TV going out the first day. The manager then haphazardly sprayed the antimicrobial-the big part of the job.

Next day they called me excited that the job was done. IT WAS NOT! The fourth day they sent in some young kids who were clueless and worthless. I did more work than the 5 of them put together. Plus they poured numerous chemicals onto the floor instead of my suggestion to put it in a small 2' by 2' section to see if it worked. At the end of the day the project manager then told me this was too hard a job. They left. I believe they inflate their costs so the deposit pays for the job as no one would ever give them additional money.

I have broken window sills, cracked door jams and glue still on my floors. I also feel like I was totally scammed by them. I asked for a partial refund but of course they had already left town to find new potential victims. They do not have professional staff but hire anyone. Many things were broken and no compensation. I now have to pay a new company to complete this job. A professional flooring owner told me I would have to wait at least 3 days while the chemical dried out. They "sell" a professional service but deliver something else. I feel ripped off! At least I was there except for a few hours or this could have been so much worse.

ServPro Company Information