2.5/5 (627 ratings)
Find a Home Improvement Contractors partner

Need help with a repair or new project?

Get matched with a contractor or specialist on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

About ServPro

Need help with a repair or new project?

Get matched with a contractor or specialist on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

ServPro Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ServPro?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about ServPro?

Original review: Sept. 25, 2022

SERPRO - St Clair Shores MI Team (Joe, Nik, Deven) came in after we had home kitchen flooding; entire kitchen flooring had to be removed (they did in one day), commercial grade fans & dehumidifiers brought in (for a week); got us ready to install new flooring & we back up and running... THANKS SERVPRO ... and especially Joe & his Family.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2022

Servpro was sent to my house by the Louisville Water Company. They failed to clean the category three waste or debris for over two weeks. They stole from me and damaged over $3000 of my property, they had to return four different times to complete the job and then refused to compensate me at all for the damage. I involved corporate but eventually they stonewalled me as well. I have filed both a police report and lawsuit in an effort to hold them accountable. I would never want anyone to go through their dishonesty, fraud, and criminal activity. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY FOR ANYTHING!!!! They are the worst company ever!!!

Get buying tips about Home Improvement Contractors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2022

Nine months to reconstruct a tiny bathroom and two walls of another room and still not completed properly. Only use this company for mitigation/water removal. I have never seen such incompetence - entire bathroom had to be torn out back to the studs and redone due to sloppy, dangerous work. Walls had to be redone. Tile person did not speak English and so tile work was not done properly. Broken fixtures, paint and debris on everything and never cleaned up despite promises. Another manager had to step in and supervise because the work was done so badly. Our life and house has been upended for almost a year for what should have taken two months tops.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2022

There was a leak in my bathroom which cause the flood problem. This leak was in the wall behind the sink and the toilet. The insurance company sent a plumber to fix the leak, then They sent Servpro to put vents to dry the wall. After that They told me that They need to cut 3 feet from the floor and up. They took and broke the cabinets off the kitchen. Also, they took out the sink. They start cutting the wall that was in front of the original damage. I don’t know why? They should only cut the affected area. However, they found Mold in front of the damage area and told the insurance that that the problem wasn’t cause for the leak. Of course, the leak was in the other side. The insurance company denied my claim because Servpro did a bad diagnostic of the problem.

The next day they came and left my house with holes in the wall. The cabinets broken and without the sink. My house is a mess and They told me that I need to fix it myself even though They destroyed everything. This is not fair. Don’t chose this company to fix anything. They would go to Your house and destroy everything they can just to make more money.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2022

Water leaked damaged floor. These guys came out, stripped my bathroom, worked 4 hours and left. Since then I have been stood up four times by them saying they would be here to finish the job. So far they have not showed up and I would like to have my bathroom back.

Original review: July 9, 2022

Servpro out of Palo Alto, CA, Gary ** misrepresented the cost of repairs that were not covered by insurance, etc...And the contractors they hired did shotty work, made a mess...They got paint all work window and door jambs...

Original review: June 24, 2022

UPDATE: Servpro finally offered me a refund if I would delete my reviews. They then denied me the full refund because my BBB one could not be fully unpublished! They tried to get me to sign a legal contract covering them but basically screwing me and getting me to agree to non truths.... When my attorney recommended a few minor edits and to where I couldn't be sued later for partial BBB info still up due to my complaint they backed out.. Be cautious as this is only paying for refunds to silence those with bad jobs not making right unless any bad job information is removed and only benefiting their reputation!! Bad business!

I paid them 11k to remedy mold in my attic to keep my family safe. They did the job and missed many areas. After I called and said I would take legal action the supervisor rushed out within 2hrs leading me to believe he was going to make right. However, he followed with immediately voiding my warranty instead due to saying there was new growth and wetness and high humidity. So all they did was deceive me to cover their **. I've had 5 other companies out and every one has told me the only mold is what still has their scrub marks visible through it where they missed, that the humidity is some of the lowest of all houses in the valley, and even during rain there is 0 wetness. They also used insulation that is not as thick as it should be. The spots totally missed were in corners I heard them arguing over who had to go into and not wanting to while doing the job.

I feel stressed out for months now trying to get another company to be willing to come in behind their poor job and coming up with the money to redo a job that they failed to so properly. Meanwhile exposing my kids to mold I paid them to remedy. When you call other remediation ask them how many customers they have been having to fix Servpro jobs this month. The number is alarming....

Original review: June 17, 2022

Please beware, especially if your insurance company provides you with the option to select this company for repairs. My husband and I were supposed to have our cabinet under the sink rebuilt as well as floors, base shoe, baseboards and quarter round installed as a result of water damage. This project began in late February/early March and still is not completed nor is it done right. Therefore, we made the executive decision to stop work and doing business with this company.

So let me first start by saying, the general contractor they assigned, was not an effective communicator nor did he properly check behind his guys’ work which after every job was faulty which included gaps in areas of our floor where the LVP floors were cut too short to reach the walls and also, the toe kick that was installed around our cabinet was not installed using the correct size materials and therefore has gaps in which you could literally stick your whole hand inside to get to the subfloors. Not to mention, the guys that were sent to do our floors broke something on our washing machine and never notified us but asked my husband where the nearest hardware store was and went to Ace to get a part to fix it but it still wobbles.

Also, they did not install our toilet correctly as it was crocket and it wobbles because it’s not properly sealed to the floor. The guys who installed the floor played loud music, laughed and joked loudly the whole entire time they were in our home and could be heard upstairs. When they were done, they simply called to me from upstairs and said they were finished. Before I could even make it down to inspect the job, they were walking out of the door. They did not ask me to do a walkthrough or anything. As far as the cabinets go, I continued to call and text Johnny asking for updates and he would always give me the run around about the cabinets saying that he would check and get back to me.

So finally we decided to not have the cabinet job completed because he told us that the guy he had was giving him the runaround and he assigned another guy for the job who would call us and come out and do measurements (which by the way should have been done in the initial estimate that was done in February, 2022) but of course that never got done and we never received a call. Also, the contractor kept saying things that needed to be done in our kitchen weren’t in our estimate from State Farm so they had to add them in however, State Farm was not even the ones who did our estimate, it was Servpro. The guys who he sent to complete our quarter round reeked of alcohol and one was holding himself when he walked into my house asking me to use my bathroom. Also, they did not have the right materials and claim that they did not receive a work order to complete the toe kick.

When I called our contractor, of course he did not answer, but replied through text saying that he contacted his boss and would deliver materials which never happened therefore that is why the baseboards that were used as toe kicks didn’t work. The guys also broke one piece of quarter round in our dining room but instead of using a new piece, they decided to try to glue it together but did so unevenly and it looks very sloppy and not of good quality. Then, the guys left without putting quarter round at our back door and when we called them to notify them, the man wanted a picture which we sent and he then said through text that he did miss that spot but he was already on another job and that if we agreed to let him paint our hallway (which by the way had nothing to do with this job) he would come back and fix that piece.

I was so shocked and appalled that a “professional” would be soliciting us for another service without even properly finishing the job he was being paid for. So I expressed to him that we would not need a paint job now and I told him that the general contractor was coming back on Monday to inspect so he texted me and said he would have it done by then. Of course, he never called and never came back to do the job. The contractor did not come as scheduled Monday because I texted him to ask him about the time of his arrival and he wanted to postpone to the next day.

When he did come the next day, he never actually walked through to inspect his guys’ work. He only looked at the things we pointed out to him, attempted to fix our toilet and stayed at our home for about 10-15 minutes. We paid Servpro over $2,800 in a deposit for a job that was done incorrectly and was delayed with awful communication. I’m still left with a bad taste in my mouth wondering why on earth I had to call these people so many times to beg them to do the work they were getting paid for and not to mention just doing the work RIGHT!

Also, when we ended the job and called the company to complain, they never asked for pictures, nor did they come out to inspect, nor did they have the contractor’s supervisor contact us to discuss the issue; they simply claimed they gave us credits which by the way we haven’t been able to see because I asked for an itemized receipt of the charges which has yet to be sent to me. I just cannot believe my husband and I experienced this nightmare which is still hunting us because they are claiming that we owe them more money.

Do not use this company unless you want to waste your time and hard earned money for very Inexperienced and careless work that could have been done in a day but was stretched out over months. My husband and I still have to pay someone to correct the work they did and it just isn’t fair! We are hoping that this review will be seen and help others from making the same mistake we did and basically being misled, mistreated and robbed! Please, do not use this company nor the contractor mentioned. I wish there was a way I could post photos and screenshots of the communication between us. If I could write about everything we experienced with Servpro, it would take up too much space. Trust me, don’t use them or you will be sorry! Tell your insurance company, “No thanks!”

Original review: June 1, 2022

I had a washer leak in my unit. They took 3 hours to get there. I did the extraction for them. And their water meter was wrong. I went in with my own professional behind them and tested with brand new meters. They lied to my apartments trying to get me in trouble. They also only tested where there were pipes in the ground feeding to my laundry and sink. Bunch of scammers trying to make money on apartments exaggerating stories. It was a washer leak. Not flooding as they described. The project manager was rude enough to say he isn't allowed to tell me what my damage to the apartments were. Already a scam. And then he told my manager I should move so he could have his team do demolition for 45 days. Totally unnecessary, I was the one that fixed all of the problem anyway. Then they still came by and took all the trim off my walls leaving my apartment in worse shape than before as if they have such a huge job to do.

I spent 2 weeks with 13 fans, 2 dehumidifiers and 1 hepa while my daughter consistently got bloody noses while my apartment manager didn't care. She told me to leave them on even if they cause us damage physically. Then when I complained about the physical hazards she messaged that she will cancel my lease in retaliation. I hate the entire situation. And the men that were there were completely rude to us. Showed up 3 times after we asked for a phone call first and told us that management let them in. Two of the three times I was getting dresses. Totally unprofessional.

Original review: May 25, 2022

After initial 1st day of work cleaning my basement, I got a walk-thru of what to expect when they came back to finish the job. I found out they just sent a team back to collect their 4 de-humidifiers and leave, after all, I paid them AFTER their 1st visit. Nothing he told me on that walk-thru was true. All lies. My wall paneling was not cut at the seam, to be tacked back up later. They had cut it sideways and thrown my 3 sections of paneling away in the trash. Carpet was not straight-edge cut with edge molding put on as I was told. When I called them, they told me they " never deal with carpets" or any "reconstruction". My basement looks like hell and today I have to call a carpet man out and pay him to fix my carpet. As for my paneling, I don't have clue what to do? Hang a blanket over it?

ServPro Company Information