ServPro

Compare Home Improvement Contractors

Research top Home Improvement Contractors recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

On July 17th, 2017 I suffered a terrible sewage backup in the lower level of my tri-level home. On July 18th, I contacted ServPro to clean up and remove the carpeting and trim and clean up, disinfect. It took 4 days approx to dry. I was charged 2400, which I paid out of pocket because I had no sewage back up coverage. Owner, Rob (last name unknown) contacted me approximately 3 days later to advise me to go buy my own trim. I'm 62, on disability, and explained that I didn't know how to do that, he told me to "settle down". 3 days later Rob called and said he was now ready to put in my carpeting at a dollar a foot (550 sq) feet for 1600.00. I asked if that included the trim, he told me no, and that he was going to use the trim (that had been soaked in sewage overnight), which by now is moldy, and only half laying in my garage. My disability? COPD!!. Of course I never took him up on his offer.

Instead contacting another carpet installer, who will now have to clean up after the terrible terrible mess they left me down there. Now I'm faced with a bill of having someone to come clean up their mess, in order to lay new carpet. I seriously can't afford anymore out of pocket expenses. I have pictures. My once beautiful family room was not restored as it never happen, as they advertise. Owner "Rob" uses his girlfriend's phone in which her name comes up on the caller ID. Very unprofessional. Still looking for things I cannot locate prior to their so called clean up. They also failed to shut central air vents off down there, causing mold and dust spores throughout the house. I'm sick, 2 huskies are sick. It was 91 degrees that day and days that followed. Very unprofessional company however I paid them in full. Never again!

Olga came out to my home to assess water damage. Then a person named Julie called me that kept me on the phone an hour, basically bad mouthed the owner and said she'd take my file over. I had my air tested and signed a contract for 1 dehumidifier, the guy that came out was so nice and helpful, when he removed the dehumidifier 5 days later he was nice enough to check on my kids and how we were feeling, he came back and checked to see how things were on his own time and I was still waiting for the EPA guy with samples to make a plan. The cops came to my house saying Julie is accusing me of stealing 5,000 of equipment!!! Wtf??? I'm so confused and shocked. I called police and filed a harassment charge, she's lying, and making false accusations, that doesn't sit well with me... This company is disgusting but one employee made it a good experience. They should take notes from him!

UNPROFESSIONAL. They left the house unattended with all of the windows and doors open. Placed items on the kitchen countertop which is completely full. Placed the toilet, countertops and other items in the main part of the garage and placed other items anywhere that they could drop the items. NOTHING was cleaned up. Trash was everywhere even the drinks, food and items that they brought into the house. Everything was disconnected when I left the house. When I returned the modem/router was reconnected so was the television and the Xbox 360. Looks like they spent time playing games and not doing their jobs! This is the Tucson Branch. It is bad enough having a water leak and being out of town only to pay people money to make matters worse. Once they told me the job was finished all I heard was you need to pay for mold treatment. There is no mold in the house!

May 29th 2017 a huge oak tree fell into my home 20 days after my husband passed away and I was very vulnerable to help and they came in at the request of my insurance to pack up my house and put it in storage. And one of them brought me a key and told me that at any time I needed to go to the storage that I could get in and gave me the unit numbers and the code to enter. And when I finally did go to retrieve some of my items I found a lot of damaged things and just incompetent storage like my leather case flipped up on my brand new electric recliner I had bought for my husband in April and it left badly indentions in the arms of the chair. And my husband had bought me an electric fireplace heater with remote control for Christmas in 2016. The corners were badly damaged too. I can just keep naming more damage but I'd be writing till tonight.

I wish I had stayed and watched them but I was suffering a great loss along with the tree coming in my house so never leave no one to pack up your belongings and leave them to move it without you being there. They are saying because I went there that I could have done it. Oh did I mention that they set a small wooden rocking chair on top of my brand new glass top stove. All of my appliances are brand new stainless steel appliances. Just got them in march. So be very careful with SERVPRO.

Servpro came to my house to install an oven and left the house with a gas leak. They refuse to come back and fix it. My tenant placed the order at Home Depot, without realizing they should have contacted me. Servpro never contacted me the owner. When Servpro left, the tenant could smell gas and called Atmos. The gas was turned off and the fire trucks came. Home Depot or Servpro refuses to correct the problem or be responsible in any way.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ServPro?

I have NEVER heard of this company in my life, but today received a very large package from them. Spoke to the mailman a bit -- he said they have committed mail fraud. I was asked to pay an upfront of 28.00 to even open the package, thankfully he advised me against it. Not sure what was inside. I refused the box and sent it back. Mailman said they are in BIG trouble for this crime. The box was addressed from GUSHENGHE, with the address of ServPro. Very weird, but turning off credit cards just in case.

ServPro came into my condominium at the request of the management company when the sprinkler system was punctured by a contractor they hired. The damage started in the upstairs unit and quickly spread to my ground floor unit. ServPro evaluated the damage and advised that the damage was limited to the ceilings only. Even when questioned about the obvious water on the inside of the windows and wet stains on areas of the ceilings that were not treated, they refused to check for water damage.

They removed a one foot area across all the ceilings and pulled out the wet insulation they could reach. They left the drying machines for a few days and were gone. Four weeks later when the contractor started the repair process, it was discovered that the walls and remaining areas of the ceilings were all still saturated with water, wet installation and the start of mildew. Thanks ServPro for your incompetence, and adding to the delay of the repair work!

This company is very shady, they come into your home and get you when you are vulnerable. They came to our home when it flooded and made us sign all kinds of paperwork then never gave us an estimate. When we got the bill it was $12k. After that, the insurance company came in and had to negotiate a few grand off and said they have never seen such bad work before. They ripped walls, ripped backboard etc. They caused us more damage than help!

ServPro on behalf of their client (a property management company) decided to hook up and use my electricity to do their work. This was done without my permission. So, I unplugged their extension cord, removed it from my back yard, placed it in the carport, closed and latched my gate so they wouldn't be tempted again. Message sent right?!?! However the ServPro supervisor decided they could unlatch and enter my back yard again to route the extension cord across the front lawn, through the carport, through a window (they removed a screen) to access a plug in on my back deck... AGAIN! None of this would have been an issue if they had done one of two things. 1. Ask permission. 2. Use a generator.

Neither of those options were used until after calling the Police to report a "Theft of Service". To make matters more insidious... An Agent from the Property Management Company came out to cover 2 electrical outlets that were closer to the job site, in what I'm assuming is an attempt to make it appear that ServPro NEEDED to use my outlets further away. Fortunately, I have pics of that agent putting a new face plate over an existing outlet. I'm almost looking forward to any legal action if there's retaliation from this slum lord style property management company. But, that's another review for a later date...

We have recently had a water leak inside our condo and hired a company called ServPro to help mitigate the water damage and POD rental for our home contents. We filed an insurance claim to pay for the mitigation and PODS. We were charged a total of $2800.00 just for the POD rental for 3 months. The insurance company only paid $700 total for the PODS leaving us with the bill.

We then got a letter from an attorney stating we needed to pay within 5 days or it would be reported to all creditors and placing a lien on our home. We never even got a warning from ServPro stating they would get an attorney involved. The claim was going back and forth between my insurance company, Travelers and ServPro for a couple of months. I have read reviews about this company doing underhanded strategies where they would overcharge the insurance company so they would not pay the total bill leaving the consumer stuck with the remaining amount.

I called to get information from the Ionia office, the girl I talked to was very nice and helpful, she said someone would be out to see the house and give an estimate that very day. She called later and said the representative couldn't make it and would call to make arrangements for another date. This was 2 weeks ago and I am still waiting for that call. Apparently they do not need my business.

My husband woke up and started getting ready for his day at work, when he came and woke me up. This was 6:30 a.m. Water was spouting out of our hot water shut off valve (which we later learned was wrongly installed there) and we were walking around in thankfully clean water. Our basement is fully renovated in the last 5 years and carpeted. I immediately called ServPro and they were there at 9:00 a.m.

The people I met were not only friendly, but they also recommended us to use our home-owners insurance. They wanted no money upfront but they went about their business of trying to save my carpet. They also worked with our insurance company making this job much easier on us. Everyone I spoke to from the emergency team to the re-building team has just been so friendly, nice, and even patiently waited when I started asking questions even though I could tell they were hard worked that day. They always came in with a smile and even laughed at my dumb jokes as I tried to brighten their day. I will use this company any time needed as I know them to be professional, fast and competent. Good work ServPro!

In January 2017 a house had a water pipe burst and the owner was in the hospital and under medical care. The leak was discovered and main shut off. Owner contacted Insurance and ServPro was recommended. ServPro came cut drywall and remove it 24 inches from floor. In the process they broke every electric receptacle and covers. ServPro left islands of vinyl flooring in kitchen instead of removing. They pulled approximately 1 and a half sq. ft of vinyl in bath. Lied to owner and stated job was done and demanded $4500.00 for their shoddy work.

It was not worth the amount and I called them asking why it was not finished. The manager's reply was they pulled vinyl where moisture was reading under it but left patches cause it did not read moisture content. I called him a liar because we metered the vinyl patches and found 98 percent moisture under them. The bathroom floor read 99 percent. If I did business like these crooks I would not be in business long. He refused to compensate the elderly owner. So now it is time to let folks know about their piss poor work ethics and theft.

Upon reporting my claim to USAA, I was informed how to pay deductible upon completed job. ServPro contacted me, wanted my credit card to pay my deductible before work began. ServPro went ahead with installing humidifier with 0 deductible required. Another USAA Adjuster made appointment but was canceled by ServPro. Two ServPro men returned to install their humidifier and examined damage to my ceiling, instructing me to get HVAC repaired and asbestos test before they could commence repairs. Upon this advice I called a HVAC repairer. A second storm that week knocked out power in my house. Power company restored power but ServPro did not return to check on their machine when I called them. Three days later ServPro returned to pick up their humidifier stating they were canceling the job.

I was stuck having to get my own repairs done and my insurance advised me to pay off ServPro with a $1000 deductible. I was told initially the entire process would take 3-5 days, but thanks to ServPro it has taken 3 weeks and the water damage was more extensive since it never dried completely. My insurance adjuster told me that ServPro did not use this humidifier correctly as the room was not sealed so moisture from my shower was being measured. I still did not understand how the humidifier was supposed to dry the ceiling which it never did.

ServPro kept sending conflicting information keeping me confused about what they were supposed to be doing. The machine stayed in my home 10 days running 24/7 except for 4 days it was not on due to power outage. They just picked up their machine and walked out on the job leaving me to find someone to do the repairs. This was a waste of my time and money. I still cannot get an explanation for the purpose of ServPro.

Called ServPro because with all the rain the carpet got wet in the lower level. They came out on a Saturday and said they could dry the carpet and pad. The machines would run until Monday then they would come back verify it was dry. They would then clean the carpet and put all my furniture back. Sounded great. Paid them in full. Machines ran all weekend. Monday came no call from them. Finally got ahold of them and they showed up. The guy put his thing in the wall. Said it was dry. I asked about the carpet. He never touched it or used the stick thing the original guy used to check it.

They removed the equipment and he said, "Okay I just need a signature." I said, "You are supposed to clean the carpet and put the furniture back." He said, "I don't know anything about that." I then explained that "I was told that once the carpet was dried you would clean the carpet and put my furniture back." He said he would try to get ahold of Dennis. Well Dennis didn't answer. Then he finally got a text and I was told that I could put my furniture back and they would try to get me on the books for the cleaning. I said, "Wait. I was told this would be done today." The guy told me they don't have the carpet cleaning equipment with them. They ended up leaving. I called the company and they still haven't called me back. Don't do business with them.

We hired ServPro Stafford-Missouri City, Tx to dry out the walls, help with clean up, remove good contents, dry out contents, make repairs, return contents. ServPro did almost everything badly. The job was never finished and rather than work with us to finish the job, they filed a lien and a lawsuit. No effort was made by the owner to work things out - he just sued us. It has cost me a lot of money to have hired them. I really regret that. Since they did not do what they said they would do, my good stuff was damaged to a point it is useless - total loss for some valuable electronics.

Wow. I can't believe it. They charged for machines that were not used. They charged for man-hours that were not worked. They charged me for materials that I furnished, like boxes and tape. They charged for services that were not performed. I went to their warehouse to pick up some of my stuff because they were too busy to return it, and I saw my stuff mixed with other's stuff. My rugs were in several different places so they didn't know what was mine. I guess they forged the contract because we only signed one iPad screen, which we were told would allow them to enter our property. After the lawsuit was filed, I got a copy of a contract with several signatures. How does that happen?

Every time I see a truck that says, "ServPro, It's like it never even happened", I don't know whether to laugh or cry. I will never use this brand again, no matter what. I have submitted one of the invoices, which was the first invoice. The amount of this invoice ** is $ 6482.31. Funny, I guess the original invoice (same number) which is the only invoice we received up until a few days before they filed a lien, the amount was $ 2813.34. Amazing how these guys just make up numbers.

The first invoice was similar to the quote we received from another company. Other invoices included other services which were incomplete and unfortunately they did not do what they said they would do, which caused much more expense. For example, electronic were taken to their warehouse where they were going to dry them out. This would require a towel to dry them off and set up one dehumidifier for the whole group. they did not do that. In fact they kept them inside wet boxes for weeks, which caused rust and a total loss.

Last night I get a call from my brother, he discovered a major water pipe burst in our father's condo. He got the City of Fairborn to turn the water off, but the place is a total mess. So he calls me & I call ServPro national #. They call one one the local franchise. In 1 hour he calls me back, ask for the details which I share, asked if I had a claim # for the insurance, and said if we hadn't keep the temperature set at 60 degrees the insurance won't cover it. So he would require 1/2 up front. I told him I was going to call PuroClean and see what they say. He said, "I don't care," and HUNG UP on me. Now I must add that the tone of his voice during our conversation was less than professional! So moral of the story is don't call them! PuroClean was extremely professional.

ServPro of East Lansing/Haslett, Michigan, was the remediation company I chose (out of the phone book ) to handle a water line break in my refrigerator. The local office is on Filley Street in Lansing. I would like to specifically comment about them and STRONGLY urge everyone... You should never consider them for any work at your house. They showed up to my home, declared there was moisture damage and that it needed to have the wood floor areas cordoned off by a plastic tent, including a major part of my basement. They also rolled in large and very noisy floor moisture "extractors". After that start, the machines were left on 24/7. More than once their machines blew my breakers. The leader showed me how to reset my breakers, I already knew how to do that, it was the blowing of them that was a concern.

It also appeared to me that the leader was, on more than two occasions that his workers weren't doing the job correctly. The job should not have taken more than 3 days, according to the Contractor I hired to do the repair work, and this was confirmed by my Insurance Company Adjustor. In the first couple days, the crew leader returned to my home after he and his two-man crew set up the plastic tent like structure, and often appeared to be less than satisfied with his crew's work. I was tolerating the over 100 decibel noise from the giant drying machines, but the household pets were scared, especially our cat.

The key problem was that the job began on a Tuesday. The belief was that it would be finished by EOB on Friday. It wasn't, which resulted in the equipment being there over a weekend, and not removed until Tuesday. The seven plus days of treatment resulted in over $3200 in charges. My insurance paid all but $500. But a bigger toll was that in less than a month our cat was dead. She died of FIP, Feline Infectious Peritonitis. This occurs almost exclusively among young cats (she was six), outdoor cats (she spent her life inside) and in multi cat homes (she was our only cat). BUT it can be brought on by extreme stress, the only reasonable explanation my Vet could think of.

The brief, and painful care of her at the Vet Clinic and her euthanization, cost me over $950. Therefore, at a minimum, my water damage incident cost me almost $1500. (Counting some other costs out of my pocket it was over $2000). My leak occurred on the day after Thanksgiving, 2016. Due primarily to the bumbling of ServPro on Filley Street, the full repair of my home wasn't done until after April 1, 2017.

I am still trying to get information for my insurance company from ServPro. My claim happened over a year ago in March 2016. ServPro does not return phone calls, can't get past the receptionist. I have asked for the owner to call me back and of course he doesn't. They will steal you blind. Don't ever leave them in your house unsupervised. They stole 2 mattress sets and my carousel horse. Large horse 4'x4'. Disgusting company, don't ever use!!!

In mid-December of 2016 one of my rental properties had a hot water heater break and flood the entire downstairs of the property. A plumbing company was called out immediately and replaced the water heater and stated that the entire unit was flooded. I called a company that I had seen commercials on TV for "ServPro". Two technicians showed up and sucked up the water with a regular shop vac and then placed several fans/blowers throughout the unit.

Drywall and molding and carpet, cabinets and wood floors were wet. I complained that mold would set in if it was not removed. ServPro stated that they would remove but never did. I was left with a mess on my hands and had to hire another company to come in to do the job correctly. The fans that ServPro were using were old and dirty and had a strange odor to them. The new company came out and removed the wood flooring, carpet and baseboards along with cutting the sheetrock that had been damaged and sprayed a micro-bacterial solution to avoid mold.

The ridiculous part was that the insurance company is giving me a hard time for they are insisting on only covering what Servepro took out. The ServPro employees were dingy and questionable whether they had ever been trained to do anything other than show up and plug fans in. The fans were left for several days with one day of monitoring and they charge $1800.00. I had to have another company come in to mitigate properly. This is ridiculous and because of ServPro I am having problems with my insurance company paying properly for the damage. They gave me a low ball bad estimate and when I requested a second opinion they send another adjuster from the same company. This will all be sent to the Texas insurance commission. It is wrong to pay for a good policy and to be treated in this manner.

Had a pipe burst due to freezing temps, flooded bedroom and ServPro was suggested by my insurance company. They came out (did not move anything) and set some fans. Left them for a few days blowing insulation all over the house. Did not pull any sheetrock. When they finally returned told me everything was dry. They were less than diligent to check for moisture and once contractor was able to pull sheetrock, found mold all over the room. Charged over $800 for some fans and no work. No one should use ServPro, they only want the payment but do not live up to all the hype in their ads or website. "Thanks ServPro, we now have respiratory infections because you had to hurry up to the next job." This location is Columbia, TN.

We live in Washington State and the ServPro that called us for our water damage is based in Deer Park. The person that came out was VERY convincing and said they would clean out all the damaged drywall, flooring etc and set up fans, dehumidifiers and come back in a couple of days to monitor them. Well, three times we were set up to have them monitor the equipment (A LOT OF equipment for around 900 square feet), but we wouldn't receive a call, I would have to call to find out when they were to arrive. I would be told one thing then I would have to call again only to find out they weren't going to come out. Granted, we had some bad weather but their excuses were not just that but they were also very swamped with work and didn't have anyone to come.

Well, long story short, they submitted their invoice (which I asked them for several times to look at before they submitted for payment) to the insurance company. Our rep was out of town when submitted. They charged us for their equipment for 7 days and said that it was intentionally not monitored. They also damaged the foam insulation that is built into our foundation and cut drywall out too far so now it has to be replaced. They did not credit for this damage. They also charged for debris removal which my husband did and told us that the insurance company sometimes would pay for us to do that! So charge insurance twice for something they got paid for! Their bill came out to over $10,000.00 for a 900 square foot area. They lie and they overcharge insurance companies. I would never again use ServPro or refer anyone to them, not even to repair a dog house. NEVER EVER AGAIN.

Called ServPro to mitigate broken water line/damage to kitchen. 1.5 hours later they arrived after a $500 deposit. While there, one of their workers stole my wife's wedding band and another diamond ring off the kitchen island. Several days later the wedding band found at local pawn shop. Worker arrested. ServPro won't return any emails, phone calls nor make good on 2nd ring. That says everything you need to know about ServPro.

We had a small kitchen fire that covered the whole house in smoke and soot. We called SERVPRO. The owner that I talked to was very convincing about the good job they would do. This was totally incorrect. We had them return several times to re-clean things and still we are having to redo most everything. Then their carpet vacuum was broken for a couple of weeks. They finally came (after many calls to them) and "cleaned the carpets." Black soot still on carpets after they finished. I have since cleaned the carpets with my carpet cleaner and the soot came off. I don't know if they really cleaned with anything or just pretended. They never cleaned the tile floors that we have. I would never recommend SERVPRO to anyone. You would be better off just hiring a regular maid service.

I had knocked over a 10 gallon aquarium. My husband and I did most of the aquarium sand and broken sand removal. The tech responded promptly, with an hour of the call and was able to remove 99% of the stain. I had already moved all of the furniture so the area was easily accessible. The technician left two blowers and a dehumidifier. Again I asked for the cost and he said he did not know and I would receive a bill at the completion of the service. Someone came by to check on the progress the following day. Once again, I asked for a cost estimate and was given the same information.

The following day when the tech came I told him I was happy with the service so far and insisted the equipment be removed. Once again, no one was able to give me a cost quote based on the "rental" of the equipment, emergency response cost, or the number and length of time of each of the visits. The area that was cleaned was very small. Less than 3 ft x 3 ft and all that was done was carpet spot cleaning and water suction. I was told that I would receive a bill via e-mail. I received an bill that was not itemized. The cost was $475. This is an incredulous price! I will never use them again. I have been ill and have not been able to contact the company, but in searching the page, I have not been able to find any place on their website to leave a complaint directly with them, but will be calling them in the morning.

Apt fire in July of 2016. It's now Feb 2017. Job still nowhere near done. 7 mos and can't complete 1 bedroom apt. They took 31,000 first draw then they wanted a additional 14,000 for roof. Have to hire a lawyer.

In my case, I had to sign paperwork saying that the insurance company would deal directly with ServPro. It was obvious (and someone admitted to it) that they would keep the claim under $10K. The mold that they supposedly treated was still there, and there was much more that they left. When I asked about doing a walk through and testing, the ServPro guy wouldn't do it. Finally walked through with me and told me that the mold was gone. Got testing on my own and NO, there was LOTS of mold left in that area and beyond the $10K area they agreed on. The insurer paid them and count it towards my limit when they didn't do the job! The insurer won't budge. MY ADVICE... GET YOUR OWN ADJUSTER!!

ServPro came in tented our dining room, did demo, but not enough demo. Their fans and de-humidifier couldn't get to the part of the ceiling that was wet. They let their equipment run for 4 days and nights. Every day they came by and metered the moisture at 100%. The cost of the machines, electricity to run them, the inconvenience and the noise did nothing to dry out the area! We live in a desert. We called them the evening of day 4 and informed them the tent was falling down and our cats were getting inside. They said they'd be here early of morning 5. At that point we'd had it! We unplugged all of their machines. Ah, a quiet night's sleep again! Morning 5 No phone call. No show. 9AM we called and told them to pick up their equipment; FIRED. They commented they had planned to send a couple of guys over in the afternoon to do more demo.

While here picking up the equipment, they tested the wet area and it was still at 100%. FOUR full days of noise, cost and zero progress! At this point we still have a huge hole into our attic and wet drywall. It’s December and our heating bill will be astronomical. This was comparable to sitting in a taxi with the meter running but going nowhere! We have a high deductible so most of this is coming out of our pockets. We haven’t seen our itemized bill; if even one day of these machines are charged to us we will be calling our Insurance agent and informing them of the poor service. Also will be contacting the BBB and ServPro Corp. We strongly advise not to use this company. If you do, be smart, stay on top them and make them do the right thing.

I had a fire in my kitchen on September 20, 2016. I contacted my home owner insurance company the following morning. I had a fast response from them and they contacted Servpro in Albuquerque NM. A representative by the name of Justin came to assess the damage. Advised me it was minimal and would take 5 to 10 days to complete. Today is December 13th and I'm still waiting for the job to be finished. This is a substandard company and did substandard work. I had to go behind and redo the cleaning plus my belongings were damaged. So far had to replace drapes. My carpet is probably next. The soot residue has stained the carpet. The carpet was wet for 2 days in 90 degree weather. They left it so wet. So many other things unable to fit in the space or the complaint. This is a very dishonest way to run a business. office@servpro9660.com 505 891-2345. This company has a very generous 1 star rating. Not deserving.

We had a pipe start leaking in the wall at the washing machine. Did not realize it for a few days. Called ServPro because of mold was all over inside when I opened up a small area. They came and gave me an est. At the time when they said what they would do. I asked them what about finishing the job (closing up the walls, molding and painting). They said that they do not do that. They only come in and take out the mold. My complaint is that, their ads on TV now say that "when they leave it is that nothing had happen." This is not true.

ServPro Company Profile