Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

ServPro Reviews

Original review: June 2, 2019

We had a mold/mildew issue in our shed. We had them come out to double check that we had got it all. The guys came out walked through everything we us and Reassured us that we got it all except for one little spot. They told us that we were doing everything right to prove that it from coming back.

Original review: May 1, 2019

Our home experienced heavy rain storms which resulted in the flooding of our basement. Luckily, ServPro responded to our call immediately and sent a crew out the next day. They had to remove all of our carpets and repair some of our walls but they were very efficient during this unfortunate event. Within the week the basement was usable again and I could not to be more grateful. The crew was also extremely friendly and made me feel comfortable welcoming them into our home. I would certainly recommend this company to anyone who needs repairs to their home.

Get expert buying tips about Home Improvement Contractors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

We called ServPro on a Sunday after a heavy rain and roof issues. Caused our dining room ceiling to leak, then parts of the ceiling fell in and we had water and insulation all over the dining room and surrounding areas. ServPro answered our call right away, and got someone out soon after we called them. They closed off the ceiling with plastic, and they set up industrial fans and a dehumidifier running and to get it drying right away. The service from ServPro was EXCELLENT! Since moving to this area, I have not dealt with any company with this type of service. Promptly returned all calls. The most trustworthy owner and employees. That is hard to find! Always addressed me respectfully. Just a true pleasure to work with from the first visit here to the last.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

I got a call from a neighbor that water from my Summer home was coming out of my living room. When I arrived I found a pipe in the ceiling had burst and was pouring water inside the house for at least 2 days. I called ServPro and they wanted to send someone out that night. We scheduled them to come out the following day at 10:00 am. Although they were about an hour late they did call me and tell me they would be late. They had brought in an awesome group of people to clean up and clean out everything that was damaged. It took them 2 days just to do the removal of carpet, drywall, furniture etc. They finished up about 7:00 pm on Sunday night. My property is in Northeast MD and I can say that it's been a long time since I have seen such professional and courteous work as their's was. The drying out is still going on but I could not be happier with the people I have dealt with and work they have done.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

So with all the rain mid-November, my basement flooded and I started panicking. My insurance company recommended a small company but when they arrived they let me know they couldn't do much other than set up some fans, and I might want to call a different company, and ServPro was who they recommended. I called up ServPro and within 30 minutes had a gentleman by the name of Will ** contact me, and make plans to be there first thing the next morning. He developed a plan, and within an hour had an entire crew (led by Devon, also great) there setting up equipment, fans, working on the dryout, removing damaged insulation and drywall, and they were there every single day for 4 days. He had a dumpster delivered immediately on the first day, stayed in constant contact with me, and had a crew of 5 set up to help me move damaged items into the dumpster, and catalog each item along the way.

Additionally, he worked directly with my insurance adjuster to find out what was and was not covered so to maximize what ServPro could do to help me through this process. He was available by phone or text at any point and was extremely responsive. I cannot EVER imagine calling another company at this point, this was the absolute best customer service and execution of any company I've ever worked with. The entire crew was very respectful of my time and space and worked quickly to mitigate the damage I sustained.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ServPro?

Original review: Nov. 18, 2019

Let me start by saying, don’t expect ServPro corporate to help out if you have trouble with one of their franchises. We have had major issues with ServPro of Bath and called corporate for help. They said they could do nothing. The franchise have to decide everything for themselves. Corporate also repeatedly promised someone would call to discuss the problems with us. We never received a call. First, we chose ServPro because of its reputation. We foolishly believed we could leave our home open to the people they hired with no worry that anything bad would happen. That did not happen. We left the door to our apartment open so the employees could clean out the landing area after hiring them on September 14th.

When we returned to the house on September 21st, our neighbor informed us that work on the house had started on Friday, September 20th, not Tuesday, September 17th, as we were told it would. We also discovered someone had gone through every drawer, closet and cabinet. They drank the remainder of two bottles of rum and took an unopened bottle of wine. They stole a stainless steel beer koozy and a stainless steel wine cup that held sentimental value as they were gifts.

We informed the site managers of the thefts. Within an hour, one of the employees got out of his vehicle with the beer koozy in his hand and returned it to us. We told the site managers we wanted the landing in the apartment area cleaned out before we left for our Virginia home on Sunday. They sent people in, who took up the floor and part of one wall. At that point they told us the job in that area was complete. We locked the door and left for Virginia at that point, believing no one would be allowed in that part of the house again, as we informed the people in charge of the site what had occurred.

The next Saturday, September 28th, we returned to Ocracoke to find the door had been unlocked and someone had been in the apartment again. This time a pair of speakers were missing along with some canned goods. The restroom had been used as well and, as the water had been shut off, a mess was left behind. There was also a cap with “Florida” left in the middle of the room. At that point we filed a burglary report with the Ocracoke sheriff’s department.

We then asked for a meeting with the franchise owner, which we had on October 3rd. At that meeting he told us he took full responsibility for what happened in our home. He shared with us he hired this work crew over the phone, sight unseen and sent them to our home with no ServPro employee supervising them, which is what should have happened, according to him. At the end of the meeting he stated, "obviously, we will do whatever you want.” We took a week to think this over, during which time, we did not hear from him.

On October 12th, we met with a contractor that was willing to restore our home. He informed us he would not start the rebuilding as there was more cleaning up to do. 80% of the underpinning and insulation under the house was not removed by Servpro, and was holding moisture and mold. There were five more walls to tear out, one of which has visible mold. There was another sub floor that needs to be removed that was holding moisture. Also, there were doors that were not removed, as well as two baseboard heaters and a central vac not remove, even though the baseboard heaters and doors were removed from the rest of the house. If we had been unable to return to the house for a month or two for whatever reason, and it was left in this condition, with us believing it was dry and mold free, what would its condition have been then?

At our first meeting ServPro, the franchise owner quoted us a price of between $18,000.00 and $23,000.00 to complete the work. Although we never received a written estimate, we took this as a verbal agreement. On October 13th he told us the total invoice came to $46,000.00. How did the price double? After the experience, we will never consider hiring any ServPro for any reason nor would we recommend them to anyone. From the thefts and burglary to the poorly done and unfinished job, I can say this is the worst experience with a nationally known company we have ever had.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

My house caught fire on one end of the house. It burned my sun room and some siding and a few Windows. While the house was still on fire, Servpro showed up. 3 of them actually. Eventually, after the smoke cleared, literally, and include think, we spent some time and it felt like a good option, water and smoke damage was the big problem.

1) They said they'd move it out, get it cleaned, return it when I was ready up to a year. Well, they did that, and more. My house was 1400 sq ft, which is relevant. My main living room wall contained 150 or so books, some almost 100 yrs old, all returned like nothing had ever happened. Same with the art work, my curtains. Everything in the living room except for my 4 piece furniture set, and my 65" plasma tv, that happen to be between those big book shelves, and mounted 6 feet above the brick fireplace... They returned my bedding, but no bed. My clothes, but no dresser. My table with no chairs. They claimed to document everything, and simply didn't. All of which on the second floor on the opposite end of the house.

2) They recommend I work with green construction, some subsidy I don't know...but like I said, sun room was torch, few siding and walls needed rebuilding. They tells me, "We're going to wash everything best we can. Just clean its really good. Maybe twice if we have to." Went back there a month later and the house is down to the frame. The entire house. Just frame.

3) We work with a great insurance adjuster to help you through the process, and get you more money. They took me out for lunch and everything. Week later, ok, we made the deal, sign these checks, and we're good to go. Awesome news. Week later, no money. I was supposed to get some for you know, hotel, new clothes, whatever. Call the bank, all the checks cleared. Except 1. I won't say how much, but it was enough to buy a new house. The checks cleared yet are somehow missing. Now I still can't get in touch with anyone. I did not know most of these people are out for lunch at 11 on Monday, unless it's Tuesday, then it's 2. Or Friday its 1230. You get it. For some reason they're sick all the time, and on vacation. Avoid.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2019

I had an inspector notice a leak around the toilet. I called ServPro, they were very nice and polite. I know why now. They kept telling me the damage was around the toilet, even after the tile and cement board was taken up. They placed the blower under the house and in the bathroom for three days. After that they said it was all dried. I didnt like the wood being brittle in front of the tub and a hole in front of the tub, the size of a softball. I had some people come over and help get the tub out. And guess what we found? There was a 1 x 4 board there to brace the tub and that board was soak. This was found after the claim to the insurance company was filed.

I contact servpro and I have not heard back from them. There are 2 things, either the meter wasn't working or they didn't want to take the tub out. The tub was one that was a shell, that had the roof, sides and tub all in one and was fiberglass. And it was a hassle to get out. I tend to believe that they are good at being friendly and not wanting the difficult and hassle work to do. The tub had to be cut in four sections to be removed, it was a very dusty job. Now, I'm not only out of my deductible on my home insurance, but, the extra expense of having the floor and tub replaced with my insurance. The whole time that the guys that came, kept assuring, that nothing was under tub, that it was toilet and the water ran down. This tub was 40 years old and fiberglass, it appears that it could have had a crack in it.

I would like to make a suggest, go with your gut and do not, do not, fill out their comments until ALL the work is done. I thought they were very friendly and had the equipment and experience to know better than me. WRONG!!!!! I thank God, that I did not want to leave the plywood like it was and decided to tear out the tub. Otherwise the joist would eventually have decayed and it would have been a bigger expense in the long run. I called three days ago to report this and I'm still waiting on a return call back.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2019

We needed a small amount of mold taken care of at my mother's home after she passed. On the day they were to show up the girl at the office called saying we needed to pay $1800.00 before they even showed up. When we said that was backwards she threatened to turn the crew around!!! After some discussion she went down to $1450.00. This is without any work actually done!! We’re over a barrel because closing on the house is just a week away!! Earlier on we tried to get another quote from another company and it turned out to be Servpro again under another name!! Monopoly!! I’m going to report them to the state attorney general.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

We contracted ServPro to steam clean our commercial kitchen. THIS entailed moving equipment to reach difficult areas. As the job went on the company wanted to quit halfway through and leave the uncleaned surfaces and walls dirty. It was difficult to reach. Fortunately my partner intervened and literally worked to finish the job for three hours. She did the most difficult part. The next day we discussed a revision on the bill. The initial bill was in excess of $1550 dollars for basically 6 hours of an incomplete job. All was to be cleaned and extracted. It was not.

ServPro Company Information