1.33/5

Looking for a home improvement contractor?

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

258 ServPro Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

I contracted with ServePro to correct flood damage caused by hurricane Florence, hurricane Michael and a third set of rainstorms that came through which also flooded my house. We set this date several weeks ago. I scheduled time off work, after already having to take time off work for the floods, for this company to be so inconsiderate as to not show or even call. It was stated that someone in the office had the flu and that they were Completely swamped with trying to reschedule!

This person has been out with the flu for more than a week – they didn’t see fit to even call about rescheduling, however they took my money for the estimate $150. That’s how they make their money, they do their estimates but don’t come back to do the work. Buyer beware with these people. When I asked the woman, "Was there someone available to do the work?" she told me to look on the Internet and find ServiceMaster Pro, they could do it for me, I guess she wants me to pay another estimate fee for someone to come not do the work.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

Beware of how this company bills their customers. The insurance company sent them out for a water leak (at the time we thought we had a leak under the tile) at my property in the kitchen area. A very small area between the sink (island) and stove area. It was a Saturday, so it is considered an emergency call. My complaint is not about the service provided, but about the bill. The crew that came out was courteous. They wiped the floor where the wet spot was and proceeded to set up a dehumidifier machine, and then took some pictures. I never got an estimate for what would be billed nor was I told that they would bill me for TRAVEL TIME as well as time to input all the info into their computer system.

I'm sorry... but if a company is going to bill you by the hour, shouldn't the customer be aware of this? The second day when a different crew came by to check, there was no water coming up from the tile anymore (plumber couldn't find the leak) yet after talking with the manager back at the office, they tried to push me to get an air scrubber equipment set up. Why try to push more equipment on me when there's no water damage, no leak, etc... Very dishonest and opportunistic, and not a good business practice. I refused to have that installed and the crew was getting frustrated with his manager because there was nothing else he could try to push on me since I had already said no.

Clearly, since they thought I was going through insurance they could pad the invoice as much as possible, except I didn't go through insurance in the end. Needless to say, the bill was ridiculous. I would NEVER recommend this company because they are dishonest and they do not conduct business in good faith. Don't let what happened to me happen to other unsuspecting people. Make sure you get an estimate for the work to be performed and make sure they disclose they will bill you for inputting data as well as driving from their office to your property and back to the office.

Get expert buying tips about Home Improvement Contractors delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I put a review of my experience with ServPro on their website and it was removed. About 2 years ago my house flooded. ServPro was called by my insurance and they did the clean-up/drying. In the process, they broke a few pictures and put a spike crack in my new Samsung 50" TV. I called and made several complaints to which they fell on deaf ears. This is without a doubt a terrible company to do ANY business with.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

I had water in my basement (office) and called ServPro, who said a crew could come that day to do the extraction. When Greg walked in the door, the first thing he confirmed was that this would not be covered by insurance and would require a $1000 deposit. I agreed, even though he hadn't seen the damage. When we went downstairs, he started talking about removing trim and cutting 2' up the wallboards. Since I had been through this before, I suggested he use his Meter device to check the moisture levels in the walls, which were low. He started to talk about carpet removal- I told him it was not padded, concrete floors below.

Finally he measured and we went upstairs to talk price. He worked off a tablet, and calculated the total removal cost at $1000 (or less) for the square footage and a (now lowered after seeing job) $750 deposit might cover it all. I took detailed notes while we talked after he told me they don't provide written estimates. They started extraction right away with a wand. I was often downstairs as the tech removed the water, wearing socks, and was very pleased at my carpet going from standing water to damp and mentioned that several times to both of them.

A few hours into it, 2 girls showed up with a weighted extractor. There was much discussion between the 4 of them that were excited to have this available to use (from another job) since their "Boss" wouldn't buy one. I helped move the cords as he went over the same area he had already used the wand on with the extractor. I was with them at all times, heard all the conversation between them. A second time Greg told me that my bill shouldn't top $1000. He left more fans than really needed for the space, and an extra large dehumidifer (which was the equipment he had on hand), and they left. My basement was dry (as expected) after 2 days and I left the equipment off until they came to pick it up on the 4th day. He brought in a spray bottle and "treated" the area as they removed equipment.

A few weeks later I got a final bill for additional $652.40. Long story short, after trying on multiple occasions to go over the charges and hearing nothing but untruths and exaggerations from both Greg ("We needed the weighted extractor because of the (non-existent) padding") and Stacey in billing I was finally told of additional charges he never detailed with me while I was asking for an estimate.

I now conclude they make charges fit whatever bill they decide to present you. I was told they don't give detailed costs bills (!!), had to insist on one. The antimicrobial agent spray he used a small bit of? $75.62. The weighted extractor they brought in which wasn't needed? Twice the cost of the wand. And hey- they only charged me for a large dehumidifer instead of the XL (also not necessary, it's what he had on hand), so they SAVED me money! And they didn't charge for for an emergency call (what emergency call? I called, they said they could come that day!) so I SAVED money there! And he forgot to tell me about the equipment set up, manipulation charges, etc. Oops.

My recommendation? Insist on a written estimate BEFORE they start work. They will tell you one thing and charge way above that. I write this days after paying the unfair and inflated bill to warn other homeowners so they don't get ripped off like I was. P.S. Still wishing I had the time or energy to fight this in small claims court since I took detailed notes when he quoted me and he remembered much of it the one time he called to talk about the final bill.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

I am a victim of the Woolsey fires in Calabasas. John **, general manager, was disrespectful and would not account for his employees telling me incorrect information, instead told me that "my perception was incorrect." I asked him four times to speak with his boss, Alan **, he ignored my requests and instead of letting me speak with his supervisor, told me that he no longer wants to work on our property due to my dissatisfaction.

I believe the main reason he doesn't want to work with our home is because he is aware he exhibited rude behavior to a customer and does not want his boss to be aware of this. His employee told me initially that the work would be done in 1 week, then after I select his company and do a walkthrough, he says they don't clean attics and they won't do the exterior of my home for 6-8 weeks, and that if I don't return the air scrubbers on the day that he wants them back that he will put a LIEN ON MY HOME even though his boss and his employee told me they would be returned when our home was clean.

I never leave bad reviews for a company, but I felt that John ** gave me no other choice as he would not let me speak with his supervisor and just dropped me as a client and wasted my time. I would never recommend this company to anyone and he took advantage of the fact that we are displaced and felt any question that I asked him was a personal assault. He responded belligerently to this question, "Do you think it makes sense to clean the attic first before the inside of the home?" This only leads me to believe that he wanted me to pay for cleaning that he knows will be disrupted just so that his company can pocket the $10,000 that my insurance company was willing to pay out.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ServPro?

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

So with all the rain mid-November, my basement flooded and I started panicking. My insurance company recommended a small company but when they arrived they let me know they couldn't do much other than set up some fans, and I might want to call a different company, and ServPro was who they recommended. I called up ServPro and within 30 minutes had a gentleman by the name of Will ** contact me, and make plans to be there first thing the next morning. He developed a plan, and within an hour had an entire crew (led by Devon, also great) there setting up equipment, fans, working on the dryout, removing damaged insulation and drywall, and they were there every single day for 4 days. He had a dumpster delivered immediately on the first day, stayed in constant contact with me, and had a crew of 5 set up to help me move damaged items into the dumpster, and catalog each item along the way.

Additionally, he worked directly with my insurance adjuster to find out what was and was not covered so to maximize what ServPro could do to help me through this process. He was available by phone or text at any point and was extremely responsive. I cannot EVER imagine calling another company at this point, this was the absolute best customer service and execution of any company I've ever worked with. The entire crew was very respectful of my time and space and worked quickly to mitigate the damage I sustained.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

We had used ServPro in the past and found them to be priced just right to clean out and vacuum our crawl space. Roughly $400.00. This time Someone came out to give us an estimate and was going to charge $1200.00. I know it had been a few years since we used them but 3x as much. I called the office and told them and the woman I spoke to acted as if she owned the company. She was very defensive of the price and said she would look over the estimate and call me that next Monday. Never heard from her! I will never be calling them ever again!

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

ServPro was recommended to me by my insurance agent. I wish I had done my homework before hiring them. The first salesman was nice enough, did some measuring and gave me a quote. His boss came several days later and re-quoted the job many thousands higher. Some of the items in his quote were not going to be done and I did the math to take them out of the quote. They started the job with 2 guys who were not knowledgeable in taking up flooring. I had been removing flooring while I waited for them to start. They asked me to show them how I was doing the job.

By 3:30 the first day they were exhausted and left for the day. Upon them leaving I discovered they had cut the electrical code to my DirecTV. The next day (after I got a neighbor to repair the TV), 2 guys came, hard workers and again I worked alongside of them. This is when I fully understood that ServPro Over promises and Under delivers. The next day one guy showed up. At the end of this day my iPod was missing. I had only gotten it out because of the TV going out the first day. The manager then haphazardly sprayed the antimicrobial-the big part of the job.

Next day they called me excited that the job was done. IT WAS NOT! The fourth day they sent in some young kids who were clueless and worthless. I did more work than the 5 of them put together. Plus they poured numerous chemicals onto the floor instead of my suggestion to put it in a small 2' by 2' section to see if it worked. At the end of the day the project manager then told me this was too hard a job. They left. I believe they inflate their costs so the deposit pays for the job as no one would ever give them additional money.

I have broken window sills, cracked door jams and glue still on my floors. I also feel like I was totally scammed by them. I asked for a partial refund but of course they had already left town to find new potential victims. They do not have professional staff but hire anyone. Many things were broken and no compensation. I now have to pay a new company to complete this job. A professional flooring owner told me I would have to wait at least 3 days while the chemical dried out. They "sell" a professional service but deliver something else. I feel ripped off! At least I was there except for a few hours or this could have been so much worse.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

On October 14th 2018 my granddaughter left the upstairs bathroom sink on with the plug up running full blast for about 4 hours. When I woke up, went to the bedroom door, opened it we had about 2 to 3 inches of water in the hallway upstairs and down in the basement which is considered a tri-level home. It was pouring raining out of the light sockets out of the light fixtures in the ceiling so I called my insurance company and they sent out ServPro and the owner came out for the emergency part which was fine. He dried us out. After that it was a nightmare. They unplugged my computer without asking never plugged it back in. They had a lot commercial equipment and they had it plugged it in all over the house but one spot. They kept popping the circuit breaker but they kept plugging it in there. They could have started a fire because we weren't home all the time because they have a key to get in. Thank God there wasn't.

They took out some of the trim downstairs and threw it in the garage with the nails facing up. My dog stepped on one of the nails. We gave them a key for house. I've asked and asked called and finally the owner called me and told me he was going to mail us the invoice and in the invoice envelope was going to be the key for our house. Today the invoice came but no key so I called them right away and the owner answered and was very unprofessional. He kinda sounded like it was a joke to him and laughed, "Are you sure it's not in the envelope." I said our key is very big and, "No it's not in there." He said, "I put it in the envelope myself. Maybe it's in the van in between the seats," and I said, "You need to find that asap. That's my house key."

He said, "Let me go check the van and the desk," and he would call me back. Well that was 3 hours ish. And we haven't heard anything so they have my key to my home still. I will never do business with them again and I let my insurance company know how unhappy we are too with them. I'm glad we decided to go with another company for the construction phase. They are more professional so I'm excited for the outcome with this new company. No matter what I'm reading reviews always!

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

They were contracted to remove specific property. They removed that and then thousands of dollars of property that was not to be removed. You must be there to watch what they do. 5 stars to removing what they were contracted to remove. Minus 5 for the rest.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

ServPro service - 1. They have emergency charges during business hours. 2. You will be responsible for the water and electricity charges for their equipment. 3. Their bill represents an estimate so they will state after the fact that they can add charges on at any time. 4. They reported to me that the ceiling was affected when it was a sewer line backup so I am thinking their spray equipment caused the ceiling possible contamination yet there was a dryer very close to the sewer line backup that they did not clean. When you ask them for specific questions - they delay getting back to you and then threaten to add extra costs to the bill. My advice would be to get several estimates and possibly do it yourself because it is way too high. I was very unhappy with this experience.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

Please be advised that we have a complaint regarding your local franchise owner in Traverse City, Michigan. On August 29, 2018 (Wednesday), while in Florida for a short visit, we were informed by our neighbors that water was coming into our finished basement subsequent to heavy rainfall. Contact was made with Keith ** on the 29th to initiate restoration. Mr. ** indicated that the process would begin Thursday around 8:30 AM. At this point, we made arrangements to fly home on Thursday. Our neighbors allowed entry into our dwelling. Thursday morning, I was contacted by an onsite Servpro employee, who stated that water was confined to the laundry room.

A short time later another call was received by me, indicating that most of the floor needed to be taken up, including the laundry room. I informed said employee that the flooring was waterproof cork - backed vinyl. It is a floating floor, not glued or nailed, with a snap and lock design and comes apart extremely easily. Employee argued with me that the “brown stuff” on the back of the vinyl was particle board and was not waterproof, but even if it was cork, the foam in between that and the vinyl was not waterproof and the flooring was ruined. Again, I informed him that the flooring was waterproof. Arguing back, he insisted it was not waterproof (such poor customer relations) and it does not come apart easily. The employee was asked to use care in removing the flooring.

Upon returning home the evening of the 30th (Thursday) and viewing the basement, piles of dripping wet broken flooring were amidst the drying equipment. The majority of the pieces of flooring had broken locking tabs, with said tabs scattered about the basement. Many flooring pieces exhibited bent and/or broken corners from throwing or tossing same onto piles, rendering them unusable. If we had been home when they were doing this, we would have asked them to leave immediately.

Friday and Saturday we set out to separate the piles of wet flooring and allow the few undamaged pieces to dry for re-installment. Stacks of usable and unusable flooring were established, with the usable pile being dwarfed the unusable pile. At this point, we were in absolute and complete dismay. Sunday morning I called the service person insisting that the equipment be removed. Said employees arrived around 5:00 PM and removed all of the equipment. I expressed my concerned about all of the flooring their employees has broken, as the service person told me that the floor does not come apart as easily as I stated and once again it is not waterproof (again, his attitude was he’s right, we’re wrong).

Monday morning we proceeded to the basement to map out our next challenge. Upon doing so, we noticed that our dehumidifier located on the northeast corner of the basement, which drains into that sump pump, had been moved three feet from where it normally is situated with the drain hose pulled out of the sump and draining onto and under the 200 square feet of flooring we had re-installed. Yet more damage. We had to remove the re-installed flooring and dry that because of the carelessness of these Servpro employees. Over the next two weeks, we had to purchase over 1100 square feet of new flooring and re-install it along with the usable/salvaged flooring. We also had to carry all of the 1400 pounds of damaged flooring upstairs, load it into a truck and take it to the recycling center.

Wednesday, September 5, 2018, I received an email from Servpro for services totaling $4506.04 (four thousand five hundred four dollars and four cents). Because our homeowner insurance will not cover this loss, I called the Traverse City Servpro to discuss the invoice and talked to Jessica **, co-owner. I expressed my concern over the shoddy work and flooring damaged by their employees. She indicated that she would review the situation and return my call.

Later that day, Keith ** returned my call and was extremely rude. Mr. ** was informed that we spent over $8000.00 to repair Servpro’s damage, replacing and installing over 1100 square feet of new flooring and trim.

Mr. ** was rude and insistent that he was right and we were wrong (much like the employees who were at our house) with respect to the waterproof issue of the flooring. I asked him to call US Floors and verify the fact that the flooring is waterproof. Mr. ** stated that he was going to do no such thing and that I should “go for it”. Offering Mr. ** that we would forgive our bill for damages if he would forgive his bill, Mr. ** emphatically stated that it was not going to happen. Included in the itemized bill was a charge of $186.34 for moving a cabinet. Absurd! My wife and I moved this cabinet several times and it only took a few minutes with minimal effort.

The poor attitude of both the franchise owner and his employees greatly concerns us. Training for said individuals presents itself as “we are right and you, the customer, are wrong”. Over three hundred people reacted or replied to our local Facebook post and are awaiting a Servpro outcome to this situation. We are always happy to share experiences of good service with others. For Servpro, we shared our experience of poor service. Is this the kind of word of mouth advertising you want? “Like it never happened”. What an absolute joke! They made a bad situation even worse. We are only looking to recover our losses from the damage your company employees did to our home. Make this Servpro bill go away! Should you have any comments or questions regarding the aforementioned matter, please feel free to contact me.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2018

ServPro has been my worst nightmare. After a safety release tank ruptured and released 3,000 gallons of water into my basement, I called my insurance company. Disasters have brokers handling the mitigation companies. I was suppose to get another company, but Servpro showed up in my yard one hour after I called the insurance company. I was falsely told the insurance company sent them. Servpro’s actions were unprofessional, several items disappeared during their work, Servpro pulled off the job without notice after I confronted them after a missing iPod, thus leaving a disaster in my flooded basement that resulted in many times the original damage until a second mitigation company could be brought in.

Yes – the result was black mold, and then they claimed there was 1 percent asbestos requiring full mitigation and tear out of nine rooms in my basement. I found the workmen wandering my house, a sealed magazine (Playboy) of my father’s was found in a bathroom, dishes and other items improperly packed and broken. After writing a poor review on Google, Servpro responded falsely claiming that I was at fault, that I was confrontational, and that they handled things carefully.

I believe that ServPro is falsely claiming this negative behavior to smear my complaints, and to justify their pulling out of the job without notice and without even filing proper paperwork. This so called negative ”confrontational” behavior is emphasized throughout their response to make me falsely appear a so-called troublemaker. The original company contracted by the insurance company has come in and is now repairing the disaster created by Servpro.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2018

We called ServPro in after we had a house fire. They came & assessed the cleaning that needed to be done. Maybe half of the cleaning they promised was actually done. I've never seen such sloppy work in my life. When my husband & I questioned the work, the manager was rude & accused us of lying about work not being done. To top it off, the owner of this ServPro branch called another company that was in our house replacing flooring & asked their manager to get us to pay them. I'm pretty sure that's a privacy violation. I've never been more screwed over by a company in my life. Never use these people!

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

I called ServPro and scheduled an appointment with the project manager to come and give us an estimate. I was not available the day he came. My father did the walkthrough and they agreed on a price for the work to be done. They showed up and the workers asked me what needed to be done. How do you show up to a job without a worksheet detailing what you are supposed to do. They were pleasant nice people but were very arbitrary on what they wanted to clean and in about 4 hours they cut out some sheetrock. They wiped some things down and not others.

They left their equipment and 4 days later a different set of employees came to pick them up and noticed that the rooms were only half wiped down. I explained what happened and when he called the project manager to explain I was told, "Well we aren't a maid service so it's ok that cobwebs and dirt were left behind." How do you sweep and mop a floor if there is still dirt on it? How do you wipe down lamps and fixtures if there is still dirt on it? Would never recommend this company to anyone. Total waste of time and money.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

We had water damage to our floor in the master bedroom and the hall. James and his team were efficient. They explained each step so we could understand what all these giant fans are doing in our home. He answered all our questions with respect and knowledge.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

This outfit actually had a rep standing in my front yard when I pulled up after being notified of a fire in the kitchen caused by a tenant. Fortunately it was mostly smoke damage. Cabinets over stove, stove, tile backsplash, and some painting was all that needed doing. FOUR MONTHS LATER we were still waiting for one elusive cabinet that we were told REPEATEDLY by the job manager got delivered to the wrong house by Lowe's. Ok.

Our insurance provides us with loss of income while renovations are ongoing. We filed for August's income and were denied by State Farm. The reason? The same job manager who told us repeatedly that they were waiting on the missing cabinet lied to our insurance company to cover his ** and said we were the ones who put a hold on the work so we could clean the floors. Yes, that makes perfect sense, stop the work to get the floors in pristine condition just so we could have these idiots walk all over them afterwards. Beyond stupid. Unscrupulous, crooked bunch.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

ServPro is the 'preferred' Residential and Commercial Restoration Services company used by Allstate Insurance company. My house had considerable smoke damage from a fireplace fire and ServPro was hired by Allstate to remove fire and smoke damaged items from the house; basically to prepare the house for the contractors to come in and restore my home to a livable condition. However, be aware that ServPro does NOT hire restoration professionals but places your valuables in the hands of street people.

While it's a nice idea to hire common laborers, it's not a good thing to have UN-trained strangers handle your precious valuables. These people broke many of my valuables which I'd carefully set aside, and asked them to NOT touch such as vintage glassware, home made gifts, and antiques which I'd specifically pointed out were very important and in the end they actually broke more of my belongings by carelessness, and then blamed the breakage on smoke damage! They also set up what they called a 'safe room' where cleaned objects were stored and then later, not realizing I was taking inventory, removed those very objects from the safe room, telling me that I must be mistaken, that maybe they were thrown out because of the fire! They then packed what was left and not yet in the safe room, breaking and damaging my everyday household items and bric-a-brac by literally throwing them in boxes and throwing the boxes together.

They removed oak flooring and in the process tore up the sub-flooring so the contractors were left with the job of patching large holes in the sub-floor before replacing the oak. Several times during this 'clean-up' process the ServPro workers left for days at a time, their manager telling me that they had a 'more important' contract to tend to with a local school building! When all was said and done I'd lost more to the thieving ServPro workers than to the fire! They had their eye on taking whatever they liked and behaved in a very sloppy and UN-professional manner. They damaged or stole many of my loved belongings, and complaining to Allstate did nothing to resolve the issue; I was told to complain directly to the ServPro manager in charge who'd already 'covered' for his workers! Integrity is not part of the ServPro work ethic.

Original review: July 21, 2018

After a larger house, our insurance company hired Servpro. We literally lost more to the thieving Servpro workers than we did the fire! They took anything and everything they liked. Even my little girl’s American Girl doll! They packed what was left so shoddily, it all broke or chipped. In addition, one of them literally stole my Nieman Marcus coat and replaced it with a cheap replica! Seriously- can you believe it??!! Stay away from this company- they hire scumbags off the street that will steal everything you have and love- they have no heart and no integrity. I feel gross every time I think of them.

Original review: July 9, 2018

Our basement had some water damage from a malfunction sump pump. This happen in September 2017- going through our insurance and since we had sump pump insurance up to 10K, they went ahead and recommended ServPro - first stage of drying the place and damage assessment was on the way, 1 days of drying and 5 days machines, humidifier etc so far ok- ServPro was paid 4K for that. Now the restoration - yeap Is November and our basement is a war zone.

They came and they sent an estimate for 8,300 dollars to our insurance. The insurance sent me the reminder of the payment 6,000. I paid the restoration guy 5K. Their work was slow, incomplete, and they were charging for many things that were not done. I didn’t pay the rest of the 3K until the job and they would come in to inspect and go over the itemized bill. I did not hear from them until this last week’s telling me that they were taking me to collection. 1. Contractors will show up without id and or uniform. 2. The Former was in our house few times took pictures. 3. After the baseboard were done he want to collect without walkthrough. Ugh so wrong!!!

Original review: June 29, 2018

Hurricane Harvey Victim Victimized by ServPro. Contacted them right after storm and after telling me we were at the top of their list they took weeks to show up. Gave me estimate, made me pay upfront, way overcharged me the full amount of the estimate. Never sent me requested paperwork for the lousy job they did. I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY TO ANYONE. If it wasn't for all we had to do after the storm I would have sue them.

Original review: June 18, 2018

Unfortunately we had water damage in our basement and our insurance co. sent ServPro to our home. Because it took a couple of days, I did the dirty work of bagging all of the dirt and slush and put it in about 8 garbage bags. They came out and did a decent job. It took about 3-4 days and about 5 hours each day. Because we had insurance I did not expect a bill, I was wrong. We received two outrageous bills. One for over 7,000 and when another bill for over 9,000. Our insurance co. said they only agree to pay them 4,009.19 and they really don't understand where the additional funds because the work doesn't add up to that amount.

When I tried calling the person in the billing office, she was rude and told me what they did and the bill was justify. I explain to her that I was there every day they worked and I am very aware what the hours they put in and what they did. If I hire 10 people (which was two people a day) for 5 days for 5 hours, that still would be way too much. Never mind the fact that I had to call them twice to remind them that they was not finish. I will NEVER use them again and will tell everyone about my unfortunate experience. Don't use them unless to want to pay outrageous fees.

Original review: May 29, 2018

'LIKE IT NEVER EVEN HAPPENED." Awful misrepresentation of events once ServPro is involved. Drying is what they do. Anything else seems to be by subcontractors and only if they have them available at the time. I have used 2 diff ServPros. Both not great. ServPro Mandarin really not great. Left me high and dry (only somewhat) with no repairs and non coming any time soon. They should tell you that in the beginning.

Original review: May 29, 2018

We hired ServPro of Dover Delaware after our home was badly damaged due to a broken pipe in January. The water went from the second floor to the basement where I had a large art collection, my professional library, and many other items collected over a long professional career. We were away from the house when this happened and 8 inches of water were in the basement. After six weeks there was still standing water. They had used a garden size hose to remove the water. They had dehumidifiers emptying into a trash can overflowing because they were there so seldom.

Because of mold and water damage I lost much of the contents. They did not itemize what they trashed except for a book count. (I had personally requested). They maintained that my insurance agent told them they didn’t need to do so. (He hadn’t). They missed days at a time, lied about what was done, and listed equipment never used, We fired them. I sent them and the corporate office a letter citing many other ways they failed us. Since then we have heard other accounts in our area citing similar experiences. I have heard nothing from ServPro except for a bill.

Original review: May 25, 2018

Called ServPro and got good immediate service day after the storm when I called. They removed all carpet and padding, broke a leg on a sofa. Lost a mold identification tool, told me to remove all my cabinets then cut out about 20 feet of drywall about a foot from the floor. Removed all my cabinet mouldings in the kitchen. They never even identified the source of the water damage. $2350 then I find for all this damage to my small home I find the $2350 was only for the destruction phase. Was told the builders would be back to restore the carpet, fix the drywall, etc. but I find the restoration and repair was not included in the estimate.

Expect numerous groups with independent estimates. The first estimate SHOULD be for the total job but it was NOT. This group of independent contractors seem to show up with their hands out for all your money at the time of any calamity. They are way overpriced and not very professional in their communication of costs. I CANNOT recommend them under ANY circumstances.

Original review: May 9, 2018

I was referred to ServPro by the person who inspected a home I am looking at to buy. He deals with the Topeka office. However, since the home I'm looking at is in the KC area, I called the Olathe office, which I'm told houses for franchises. I called four days in a row and was told someone would call back. None of the dispatchers can answer even basic questions. On the second day, I was told they had no record of me calling, and I was not on the "thread". Today I called and got a new person that had just started that told me he would get someone to talk to me right away or someone will call within half an hour. I said "Great!".

After being on hold, Melanie came to the phone, laughing, and said "I can't answer any questions". She is the person I talked to on the first day I called. I told her I have used another company to deal with mold before but would like to talk to someone at ServPro and she said they are just swamped and too busy to answer any questions. Clearly they don't want my business or my money.

Original review: May 7, 2018

The ServPro Freehold Salesman opened a claim with our home insurance company, and advised us we would be responsible for only the usd 500 deductible if we agreed to sign the service contract. For usd 500, since he and his team were already at our home, we thought we'd go ahead a use ServPro to handle the minimal water in our unfinished basement. This was despite the fact even we have already rented pumps from a local home improvement store. My Insurance never approved the claim, although we were advised they did, and now ServPro is subjecting us to a bill over usd 2000. We have spoken to the owner in an effort to mitigate the charges, but to no avail.

Original review: May 3, 2018

SERVPRO of North Palm Beach County & SERVPRO of LAKE WORTH are companies who only want to take your money. They never provided an estimate, went into the condo (opened by mgmt.) and put a few fans in the room and billed me over $1,400.00. When I questions Mitchell the owner he starting screaming over the phone and threatening me with lawyers if I did not pay. I paid, however as I promised Mitchell I would go to every website I find and share my experience with this company. Based upon my experience with this company I would not recommend them to anyone, even if you're sinking. I would never use SERVPRO FROM LAKE PARK AGAIN.

Original review: May 3, 2018

Called ServPro to dry out our house. Didn't finish job. Left wet carpet in place. Moved some wet carpets to other rooms that were dry. Left staples hanging out of flooring when subfloor was removed, didn't remove things from cabinets that were wet, had water run down into heating system. The rep. told me it would dry out on its own. We have been waiting for our ins. to help us get work started. Some of our cabinets are damaged and ins. thinks it's ok. Our contractor doesn't want to start work until ins. oks this work. It's been 5 weeks now. We have been taking out carpet padding and hauling it to the dump and now we respiratory problems. Now we are moving out of our house today until we can get it cleaned.

Original review: April 24, 2018

Servpro ordered a POD and moved our dining room furniture into it. They moved the furniture and organized the POD. When the repairs to the home were done, they opened the POD and they said somehow a lamp had fallen on top of the table and caused over $1,200 worth of damages. They said they had no responsibility since they did not know how the lamp fell. My position is they are the professionals who moved the furniture and should have taken better care of organizing the POD so things just do not happen.

ServPro Company Information