3.6/5 (228 ratings)
Find a Home Improvement Contractors partner

Need help with a repair or new project?

Get matched with a contractor or specialist on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

About ServPro

Need help with a repair or new project?

Get matched with a contractor or specialist on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

ServPro Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ServPro?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about ServPro?

Original review: May 10, 2022

Christian and Jesse were timely, courteous not only with me as the customer but with each other. Christian tried to determine the nature of the stain in our carpet that I had tried to remove with no success. As my carpet dries it appears that he may have succeed it removing the mystery stain. A professional team, who showed concern for my property and time. They have earned my respect and I will definitely use their service again.

Original review: July 29, 2021

Servpro came to my home for fire, soot and ash cleaning. The team was very professional and experienced. They were at my home for over a week and everyone was hard working and performed as a well trained team. Tom ** the manager, Dustin the team leader and team members Malisa, JP, Frank were all on time each day, work very hard to restore our home. Words cannot express how much we appreciate this team. This was a very extensive process and Tom, Dustin and the team really took away the stress of this job. I highly recommend Servpro!

Get buying tips about Home Improvement Contractors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 12, 2021

After Belfor screwed up mitigating my water damage properly we got another company to come in which was ServPro. They were all amazing and helped us every step of the way. They made sure to be there any phone calls and questions we had. This company has amazing workers that are clean and respectful and they respect the home that they come into. I do not know where we would be without them. They made a miserable situation caused by another company less stressful and upsetting. They didn't complain about how hot it was in the house due to all the work, they just kept chugging along happily and cleaned up everything they did so it was safe for us to stay home. ServPro is amazing and I 100% recommend them to everyone!!!

Original review: June 9, 2021

While out of town on vacation I had a pipe burst under a bathroom sink causing 10,976 gallons of water flood my home over a period of 3 days. Per my water provider I was losing 149 gallons an hour. To understand the amount is is equivalent to a 8ft deep 17 foot long swimming pool. When I returned home to find this at 10:45 at night I was devastated.

My insurance company immediately dispatched Servpro in Martinsville Virginia. They came in and immediately went to work. Explained everything to me and assured me that they would take care of everything and they did. This group of people were awesome! Professional!! Courteous!!!! They took the load of worry and stress off of my shoulders and made this horrific incident okay again. Over the course of a few days they removed all water, all moisture, all damaged material and items and I came back to a clean, DRY and odor free home! I highly recommend this kind group of individuals and I cannot say enough about the care and service I received!

Original review: May 25, 2022

After initial 1st day of work cleaning my basement, I got a walk-thru of what to expect when they came back to finish the job. I found out they just sent a team back to collect their 4 de-humidifiers and leave, after all, I paid them AFTER their 1st visit. Nothing he told me on that walk-thru was true. All lies. My wall paneling was not cut at the seam, to be tacked back up later. They had cut it sideways and thrown my 3 sections of paneling away in the trash. Carpet was not straight-edge cut with edge molding put on as I was told. When I called them, they told me they " never deal with carpets" or any "reconstruction". My basement looks like hell and today I have to call a carpet man out and pay him to fix my carpet. As for my paneling, I don't have clue what to do? Hang a blanket over it?

Original review: May 21, 2022

It took Servpro of Chattanooga/Cuthbertson Restoration 6 and one half months to complete our project which should have taken one month at the most according to two licensed inspectors. Very poor business.

Original review: April 13, 2022

I had ServPro McKinney TX clean up after some water leaked into the house into several rooms. They estimated it would take between 3-5 days of 25 high speed fans and 2 dehumidifiers at a cost of $3000-$5000. It took exactly 3 days (72 hours) and I expected the cost to be about $3000, but the cost was almost $4000. Alexis at their office was quite stern and unbending about the cost--a bit rude. I will look elsewhere if I have water leak problems again.

Original review: April 4, 2022

ServPro was hired to repair water damage from a leaking roof. They caused more damage than needed to be repaired. They didn't even do all work that they said was going to be done. Full ceilings were not resurfaced as quoted, only a minimal area and with a different paint sheen, so it's completely obvious where they touched. Same with the walls and baseboards. Walls were damaged from removing baseboards and never fixed. Paints don't match on walls. They never did mold removal and didn't reinsulate attic space where water damage was.

Broke the dishwasher seal and improperly reinstalled it. Broke the stove's gas line causing a leak and the gas to be turned off. Was without a stove for 3 days until that was repaired by ourselves. Didn't properly remove old laminate flooring before laying the cheap vinyl they sold us on. You can now feel all the imperfections right through the new floor. Poorly pained a room that didn't even need to be touched, all to compensate the overpriced quoted work they did. Every wall that was painted was done so with a different sheen of paint so all touch ups show. Paint on trim, ceiling, cabinets, door, and new floor.

We were left for 3 weeks with no floor and open walls and all of the material and equipment scattered around the house until they were able to come back out and complete the work. All of this while we were trying to live and function in our home. They sent one guy to do the entire job, and after 1 week of demolition we were told he wouldn't return for another 3 weeks to finish because they are currently understaffed, leaving us to live and function with the mess he created and the material and tools he left behind. I would never recommend this company and their shoddy work. Completely dissatisfied.

Original review: March 23, 2022

The SERVPRO of Morton Grove/East Niles 7125 N Austin Ave Niles, IL 60714 sent by my insurance company to came to my rental property to do the work on 2/9/2022 and they cracked and chipped the ceramic tiles along the T-molding in my bathroom when either trying to remove the T-molding between the bathroom and the hardwood floor in the hallway or trying to cut out the hardwood floor in the hallway along the T-molding. The franchise owner denied his responsibility right away and was not even trying to find out what really happened when I made a complaint to SERVPRO. The photos that my tenant took before and after SERVPRO did the work show that it was SERVPRO damaged the ceramic tiles in the bathroom. The SERVPRO has done more damage at my property than helped.

Original review: March 11, 2022

Do not call or talk to this company they are the most dishonest company that I have ever dealt with. My house burnt in November of 2020. The insurance company had us get in contact with Servpro of E. Clackamas. They came right over to the house and that is when the lies began, they told us that there would be 2 people working on the house all the time. But most of the time there was only one person. It was downhill from there. We were lied to all the time. They would not give a work schedule or an estimate of how much money they had spent until they were almost done, and then they informed us that we were $30,000.00 over the insurance amount. They had doubled the cost of items and added costs into the amount that I did not understand, and I was told that was if they had to come back and redo any work.

There were items like finish carpenter which there was no finish carpenter on site. The people that Servpro had on site had never done work like this. They installed doors, windows painted the walls and ceiling which they screwed up. I do not know anything about house painting, so I was depending on them to know what paint to use which they didn't. They did not know that you only use flat sheen on sloped ceilings. So, they repainted the ceiling 2 or 3 time before they were told to only use flat sheen paint worked on sloped ceilings. They installed 7 interior doors and all of them had something wrong with them, 2 of them had to be redone. They also installed 8 windows which 5 windows was reinstalled 2 times before they were correct and 2 only had to reinstalled 1 and only 1 window was OK.

We were out of our house until August of 2021. But when we moved back in, we could only use the master bedroom, which wasn't complete, the kitchen, and dining room. The rest of the house wasn't done enough that we could move into it. We lost out on deals for furniture because they would not tell us when we could move in totally. So here it is March the 11, 2022 and it is still not done, and they want us to pay for the poor work that has been done.

If all Servpro is like E. Clackamas don't use them, you will be sorry. Insurance companies need to stop recommending Servpro to the clients. Servpro inflates their cost by double which makes the insurance having to pay for the work that is done. If we had been able to get an outside contractor, we would have been able to stay within the insurance amount. But not being able to tell then when the house would be ready to rebuild, we were unable to do that. Again, all I can say DO NOT USE SERVPRO.

ServPro Company Information