Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.31/5

Need help with a repair or new project?

Get matched with a contractor or specialist on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Need help with a repair or new project?

Get matched with a contractor or specialist on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

ServPro Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ServPro?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about ServPro?

Original review: Nov. 25, 2020

My house had water damage in two areas on May 5th. It is now November 24th (over 6 months) and my house is still not fixed. The mitigation team from Servpro was great. They were done in a timely manner. The restoration team has been a nightmare to work with. No one contacted me for at least two weeks after the restoration was completed. Then had to wait another 2 weeks for the lead contractor to come out just to look. Then I'm told they are behind, and it could be a few weeks before they get started. Keep in mind, it's not insurance holding them up. I have already received the insurance break down of what they will pay and a check for that amount. I even offered to pay what I had that day to get this started (at this point I had no stove, kitchen sink, or dishwasher). They also received the same information from the insurance company, but I had to send it again on June 10th because they claimed they didn't get it.

They finally send out some flooring people and cabinet people to get estimates. Then nothing for a month. They send their #2 guy that says he doesn't know anything the first guy did, and they basically have to start over. July 10th, I have to resend all the information the insurance has already sent them. Two weeks later, the #2 guy sends out new flooring and cabinet people to make new estimates. The flooring lady sets a date for me to come pick the flooring. Then I'm told, no, that has to wait because they have not sent her a budget. The #2 guy says it's not included in the insurance estimate. I resend it. My insurance lady resent it. It was on the original file the whole time. Nothing is being fixed this whole time.

By July 31st the #1 guy is back on the case and says they are behind. Then days later, I have to contact them again to ask what is going on (3 months into this mess). End of August, I reach out again. The only thing completed was some dry wall at this point. The bathroom is completely ripped up (no tub, shower, sink, toilet...nothing). My counter is being held up with 2 by 4s, no flooring at all in the kitchen. No one contacted me again until October 2 (a Friday) to go look at flooring. I go the very next day. At this point, I have already moved out of the house because despite their slowness, I have to continue my life. I have a co-worker house sitting, because I can't rent a torn up house. I have to give him some notice before I show up to look at the floors. The flooring company is closed Sunday. As soon as I can on Monday, I send them my flooring choices.

October 24th, the flooring lady apologizes for not getting back to me with the total cost (now over 5 months into this). After it's all finally settled, I pay the difference for an upgrade in flooring to be told it'll be a few weeks before they can start. It is now 11/24 still waiting on my house to be put back together. I'm paying two mortgages because I can't rent and not sure if it'll even be fixed by the end of the year.

I call to complain to be told that it's basically my fault for not moving fast enough on the flooring, I didn't complain sooner, and that I should have cancelled with them back in August if I was unhappy. What?? I was supposed to foresee how slow they'd be in August? Why would I assume that? And that's your answer to being ridiculously slow? It's the customer's fault for not complaining loudly enough sooner? They are overpriced, no negotiation, beyond slow, and gas-lighting customers for THEIR inadequacy. Would never recommend.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2020

After an exceptionally bad snow, we had water and ice damage in our attic space. Our insurance company suggested we get someone out to dry everything out so we called ServPro to get a quote. The supervisor was supposed to call us back to talk to us but instead showed up to our door on a Saturday. They charged us for an after-hours trip when we did not request that. We didn't even receive a copy of the contract until after everything was complete and they had invoiced us. The communication during the entire fiasco was terrible and I let them know as we went along. They schedule in windows of time and didn't disclose that after 5 pm it's at an after-hour's rate! Terrible unethical company that takes advantage of people in need of help. They bet on the insurance companies picking up the bill without questioning anything.

Get buying tips about Home Improvement Contractors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2020

I called the local office several times to discuss a few things. I was told by Mike they would complete my flood damage in 5 days and charge me 2300. They had to remove trim but carpet would be saved. All my trim was disposed of without my knowledge. Also they rolled up the carpet improperly and I had to rent a carpet stretcher to fix this. I was also overcharged 1000. It took over 2 weeks to finish my job. Why I was never told. I also complained to the President. No answer. Finally filed a complaint with my Attorney General. Hopefully I will get reimbursed.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2020

Coping Tactics; cameras and recording devices, never leave your home when they are on the property, observe inventory, get copies of all, never let them haul off your stuff. Never get harassed into donating your labor to support the claim. These as a minimum will save you a lot of grief, tears and lost sleep. The loss of treasured family items are like a violation of your deceased loved ones (they did pay for two items, but the items are gone forever, then there are other items that are gone that one doesn't know about until you need them and they are not here anymore). Am a senior, but respect was off and on, they could be polite one moment and not so much the next. The bottom line, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, protect yourself even in the grief of the crisis, people are there to take advantage of you, and they will. This is the result of a claim this year, learn from my pain, grief and loss, wish somebody would have warned me.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2020

Employees do not understand how to clean, even being asked to go back & do the job again. And then again! Pathetic, lackadaisical, work ethic. Did not have their own equipment & made too many excuses. Even their dress code was juvenile.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2020

The people who came were very nice. They were cleaning up a kitchen mess. They did not do what they said they would do. It was very unprofessional. My house smelled worse after they left. I spent 2 days cleaning the mess they left behind. The worst part was I trusted them. They tore off (with a crowbar) moulding that is old and irreplaceable. I was in tears. I would never want anyone to experience ServPro.

Original review: July 18, 2020

The guy who put together a quote for me has had it for 3 weeks and will not communicate with my insurance or send it to me. I can't understand why, this makes no sense. He's holding up my entire claim. Last time I talked to him he hung up on me after telling me a more important thing had come up and that he didn't owe me an explanation. This has been a horrible experience that has made a bad experience even worse.

Original review: June 24, 2020

Mine was a smallish job, a bathtub flood in a 2 bedroom duplex. While the mitigation and tear down phases went very well, when the job was handed off to the restoration crew it all fell apart. First of all, the way they have compartmentalized their functional arms seems disjointed and led to some communication snafus. Secondly, the estimator and lead for their restoration effort was completely disinterested and incompetent. After 2 weeks of no start, I was told the hang up was tile: no longer available at Lowe's. So I picked a reasonable substitute via email that would take a week to come in.

In the meanwhile, I presumed carpet, wall board and subfloor could start. Alas, not so. The estimator could not locate any contractors and could not start for another 3 weeks out. My tenant at this point had been out of her home for nearly a month. I went to Lowe's and found the exact tile in stock and bought it. Fired Servpro and hired another company who said they could do the job within a week. Frankly, I don't think Servpro cared. I was lied to again and again until the relationship became dysfunctional. End of story.

Original review: June 20, 2020

We had a small condo fire, we were told it will be like a good spring cleaning when you come home. Not even close, I had complaint after complaint from neighbors of the music being so loud, they were outside smoking every hour. They broke my China, shoved everything including collectibles all in boxes that could not be moved by adult men. My alcohol was drank, nothing was cleaned. I spent days and days cleaning up their mess they made and when I complained all I got was sorry, the girl quit and didn’t care she was on the last of her notice. What about the other people with her. I am considering a lawsuit at this point seriously. I went to turn my Bose radio on and they had it up so loud it cracked and popped. I am so angry after already dealing with a fire and all the crap I went through this is the last thing I needed. Find someone professional because they are not. I live in the Scarborough Maine area so stay away from them.

Original review: May 29, 2020

It took about a month to get an estimate for the cleaning after someone came out to view the home. When the cleaners came to do the cleaning, I was not able to be home. One of them moved my bag and broke the handle off my purse. They hid it in the corner instead of saying something. $2,000 later, I still have soot hanging on the ceiling of my bathroom and hallway.

ServPro Company Information