Find a Home Improvement Contractors partner

Help me decide

4.0/5 (291 ratings)
Find a Home Improvement Contractors partner

Need help with a repair or new project?

Get matched with a contractor or specialist on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

About ServPro

Need help with a repair or new project?

Get matched with a contractor or specialist on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

ServPro Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ServPro?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about ServPro?

Original review: June 12, 2021

After Belfor screwed up mitigating my water damage properly we got another company to come in which was ServPro. They were all amazing and helped us every step of the way. They made sure to be there any phone calls and questions we had. This company has amazing workers that are clean and respectful and they respect the home that they come into. I do not know where we would be without them. They made a miserable situation caused by another company less stressful and upsetting. They didn't complain about how hot it was in the house due to all the work, they just kept chugging along happily and cleaned up everything they did so it was safe for us to stay home. ServPro is amazing and I 100% recommend them to everyone!!!

Original review: June 9, 2021

While out of town on vacation I had a pipe burst under a bathroom sink causing 10,976 gallons of water flood my home over a period of 3 days. Per my water provider I was losing 149 gallons an hour. To understand the amount is is equivalent to a 8ft deep 17 foot long swimming pool. When I returned home to find this at 10:45 at night I was devastated.

My insurance company immediately dispatched Servpro in Martinsville Virginia. They came in and immediately went to work. Explained everything to me and assured me that they would take care of everything and they did. This group of people were awesome! Professional!! Courteous!!!! They took the load of worry and stress off of my shoulders and made this horrific incident okay again. Over the course of a few days they removed all water, all moisture, all damaged material and items and I came back to a clean, DRY and odor free home! I highly recommend this kind group of individuals and I cannot say enough about the care and service I received!

Get buying tips about Home Improvement Contractors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 7, 2021

On 2/17/21 at 3 a.m. due to extreme freezing temperatures a pipe in our garage burst and pushed water under the wall into the indoor hallway. Within 30 minutes I called a local Oklahoma ServPro branch and many other "like" service companies. ServPro was the first to return my call. Due to the demand for service the local branch was supported by other branches.

While I remained on the waiting list for several other providers, ServPro was the first to notify me they were available. The crew that arrived (Kyle) was courteous and professional. They got busy and removed the carpet padding, set up drying equipment and took care of my mess. They worked around my work schedule and were able and very willing to answer all my questions. They were prompt to get the invoice to my insurance company which was less than they had originally quoted. ServPro provided all the service I needed before I ever got a call back from the other providers. I found them to be professional, honest and hardworking -- during a very stressful situation.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2021

After a disastrous house fire, the insurance company arranged for Servpro to stabilize and mitigate the building, and suggested we also hire them for reconstruction, which we did. This was a huge job, removing and replacing all the drywall, plaster, floor and much of the subfloor, electrical, plumbing, mechanical. Servpro took care of everything, hiring a general contractor who in turn brought in subs as needed. I found them helpful and communicative, staying in touch throughout the process and respecting our preferences in the numerous decisions necessary.

They were also constructive in dealing with cranky building inspectors. They also handled the cleaning of furniture, books, and some of the other contents. Recovering from a house fire is a miserable experience, but could have been much worse without their help. Note this review is for Servpro franchise #9347, based in Wheaton IL and encompassing several other Servpro operations in the state.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2020

Thank you very much for introducing me up with Josh ** at SERVPRO, Paradise Valley AZ. I wish I had met him sooner. :) My plumber misdiagnosed the need for the hole in the building (there is no leak). I asked Josh if he had a recommendation for a second opinion and two days later a 2nd expert was at my house to confirm the estimated misdiagnosis and properly determine the problem.

Josh's communication has been superior. He and every member of his team have been friendly and responsive. I manage a sales team of over 100 and know how hard it is to get and keep good talent. In the future when I am asked for a contractor referral Josh ** and his team at Servpro will be my go to guys. Thank you for the intro and for making the choice to have him and his team helping us in the condo complex. Happy holidays!

Lori Cabrillo Square - Scottsdale AZ.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2021

This company was recommended by the adjuster for Farmers Ins. They came in and tore up carpet, tore off wallpaper and threw all the objects in the bathroom into the bathtub which put lots of little holes into the tub. They replaced the carpet. Put a seam in the carpet where it shouldn’t be. Left raw edges where they capped the stairs. Originally wanted us to pick from office type carpeting. Never did the walls that they were supposed to do. Replaced ceiling in kitchen but painted before dry and didn’t prime spots with Kilz. Note their back and the tape to seal the seams is coming off. Able to see a spot the whole way around the replaced dry wall.

There is more mold above the tub. The wall boards were never replaced and rotted along with being exposed to sewage. They never did anything with the walls after they tore off wallpaper which was also in the paperwork to be done. It was a mess. Nothing got done with complaints to their company or to Farmers Ins. Farmers has very misleading commercials and so does Servpro.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2021

They bring in a lot of extra unneeded equipment, just to charge you more. Then they add a lot of extra charges to your bill for work they didn’t do, and supplies they didn’t get. You really have to watch, and know what they actually do compared to what they’re charging you for. They try to rip you off at every turn.

Original review: July 29, 2021

Servpro came to my home for fire, soot and ash cleaning. The team was very professional and experienced. They were at my home for over a week and everyone was hard working and performed as a well trained team. Tom ** the manager, Dustin the team leader and team members Malisa, JP, Frank were all on time each day, work very hard to restore our home. Words cannot express how much we appreciate this team. This was a very extensive process and Tom, Dustin and the team really took away the stress of this job. I highly recommend Servpro!

Original review: July 28, 2021

Was hired to rebuild after water damage. Contracted out but person in charge of team was not paying workers. Called Servpro numerous time to correct but did nothing. Was told to keep the remaining balance due which was around 1200 dollars but I paid more to complete. Since I hired Servpro, they were responsible for job not contractors. Don’t use this business. Period.

Original review: June 10, 2021

If doing business with Servpro DO NOT trust them. Get everything in writing from measurements, to colors, everything they are going to do right down to the products they are going to use. Better yet just stay away from them. Our homeowners insurance is through USAA subcontracted to Foremost. An insurance claim was initiated Jan. 14, 2021. Insurance agent handling claim is Robert ** in Grand Rapids, MI. Phone number **. Claim number **. A company was hired by our insurance to clean and repair damage. This company is Servpro, 651 Expressway Ct, Gaylord, MI 49735 Phone: (989) 705-2400. Servpro, **, arrived at our home and began work to assess, dry out and pack our belongings on January 16, 2021. We moved into temporary housing on February 10, 2021. After packing and drying was done our house sat for 7 weeks with absolutely no work being done. This was just the beginning of our problems.

Insulation that was removed and placed in back of truck blew all over north side of yard and onto neighbors property. Servpro did not clean that up, my neighbor and I did. Our master bath was painted the wrong color, Servpro fixed that. I found a weak spot in new subfloor, Servpro fixed that. On June 9, 2021 I went to my home as I do daily to feed chickens and Servpro workers were there beginning cabinet installation in kitchen. I told them to stop because all the cabinets were dark grey instead of the white they were supposed to be. I also noticed that new flooring in kitchen is not wall to wall as it was previously, it is only to where about two inches will be under cabinets. I previously spoke with painter about holes still in walls that were not patched prior to painting and was told they did not patch those because cabinets should cover them.

I had ceramic tile and wood laminate floors but chose to go with all vinyl to help get the job done sooner. I also chose cabinets they supposedly have in stock to help speed up the process but as I said previously they brought in the wrong color. I believe I heard one of the workers on the phone with ** say something about spray paint. If they are planning to paint cabinets this is not acceptable. I do not want grey cabinets painted white, I want white cabinets. I asked one of the workers what ** said when he called him and he said that all ** said was oh no, that's not good. I just spoke with ** the project manager with Servpro and he insists I said gray and that he has texts showing I said gray. I have all my texts with Servpro and not once did I say the word gray. We did a design with Pointe Cabinets and Design in Gaylord MI, my husband was there along with ** and the lady who works there. I called her and even she is lying and saying I said gray. She even commented that I said I wanted gray because of my dogs, this is not true!

In a four days this process will be at the five month mark. We could have had a new manufactured home installed in that amount of time and it probably would have cost less. I mentioned this to ** who agreed and said he wished they could do that but that Michigan puts so many restrictions on insurance companies their hand are tied.

ServPro Company Information