1.28/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 4, 2017

215 ServPro Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

This company was on the recommended list by my homeowner's insurance. Dealt with Jeff ** on 10/18/17. Nice guy. They did Mitigate the water damage. When it came time for the reconstruction he told me they would come back on a Tuesday. Wednesday arrive and I started calling. I had no ceiling and no floors. His brother Greg was suppose to start on the reconstruction. He then stated it would be 3 weeks before they could start on the work. I contacted the Owner Cole, he said he would contact the next day and never did. In the middle of this process I had to find another company. ServPro also did some minor damage to my hardwood floors as a result. I came out of pocket for that damage. They left drink containers, etc. around my home and my house was in turmoil. Please be careful when dealing with ServPro. This company could not finish the work and I came out of pocket with some damage while they were in my home.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

We had a big leak last October. ServPro from Orange County, NY came in. After the initial visit to access the situation, the crew they sent in were not only slow but packed things in a crazy manner. I mean CD's they used paper like crazy and my Longaberger and Fiestaware they had paper but not packed well. I just started unpacking and already found my Longaberger Extra Large Mixing Bowl Shattered, my Longaberger retired oval vegetable bowl shattered and my Fiestaware platter shattered.

I have not even opened the majority of boxes and I am just sick thinking about it. This stuff broke because they insisted on bringing it back their headquarters and then back to our house. They never even cleaned it as they said and we had to throw them off the job after 3 months for a variety of reasons. That is when they brought back over 170 boxes of stuff and none of it was washed, which was the reason they were taking it off-site. It is a big racket and I already have hundreds of dollars of broken items.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

My experience with ServPro was absolutely terrible. I unfortunately had two different water damages in my home within 60 days. I was instructed by my home insurance to call ServPro at the time of the first claim. It was a weekend and I knew it would be pricey but we had just gotten home from vacation to a flooded basement. I will say the technicians in the field were courteous and did a great job. I then had a water pump burst on my washer machine approximately 60 days later. This time I did not call my insurance as it would not be covered. So I called ServPro and they came out independently on my behest. Again this was a weekend so prices tripled for equipment, but I wanted to be safe and not sorry.

Upon receiving the invoice for my independent call to them I paid it on the spot with Jessica the accounts manager over the phone totaling nearly $800. I was pleased with the experience. Then I started to get calls from the account manager about my insurance carrier. She asked for information I had provided several times but did not have a problem with providing a 4th and 5th time. I asked if there was a problem and she reported "No." Several months went by when I received a letter in the mail threatening me from a Recovery Solutions Group. Stating that I had an unpaid invoice of $2,000 for the insurance claim. I was in shock. I called Jessica and she ensured me she would contact the insurance company again, I told her that was her problem not mine.

I was instructed by the adjuster and over the phone representative to contact your company. I was not on the hook for this claim. She stated she understood my point and that she would "Talk to her boss, but what could I make for a payment if he needed me to." I stated I did not have any extra money as I am a mother of two who did not expect nor was I responsible for this bill. Fast forward to October 2nd 2017. Jessica left me a voicemail that my balance was paid in full and I received a record of payment from ServPro to a $0 balance. I thought this nightmare was over. I was wrong.

Today, October 18th I received a call from Recovery Solutions Group Antonia **. She stated that I needed to contact her regarding my remaining balance from ServPro Marlboro, Ma. I have put a call out to Jessica and am currently awaiting a return call. I will be contacting my attorney and the Better Business Bureau regarding this matter. I am disgusted with ServPro and I will not recommend them to ANYONE. It is stressful enough to have to go through losing your valuables in your home and coming up with so much money on the spot but to be negatively affected and lied to by this company is predatory. SERVPRO, you are the lowest of low.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

I went on vacation and came home to an absolute nightmare. My hot water heater burst in the attic who knows when during my 2 weeks away. It was like stepping into one of the commercials you see on tv with your furniture floating by. You could not replace some of the items in my home. They were over a hundred years old. I had searched the world for some of those items. My heart was crushed. I sat in my car for a good twenty minutes just stunned at the amount of water that came gushing out the door when I opened it. I could not clean that up on a good day. I called my insurance agent and he told me that there were companies out there that could clean that up for me. I thought about the 1-800 Servpro commercials I always see. I knew what to do so I called the 800 number at 12 am at night and hoped the person that returned my call was not angry that I woke them up.

Melissa called me back in minutes. I told her what was going on, she was my port in the storm from beginning to end. She helped me through the entire year-long process it took to restore all my furnishings, content and my home 4,500 sq ft which had to be gutted due to sitting so long. Jamie put my mind at ease the moment she came into my home. They did not treat my stuff like just another job. They were all beyond respectful, they treated everything in my home as if it was their own heirlooms. Nothing throughout this whole process got lost or broken. I had rare books that you could never get another copy of soaked and they knew just who to call and what to do. My books were sent off to their corporate office and I was shocked at the condition they came back to me in. I never in a million years would have thought they could do such amazing restorative work to paper.

You really would have thought I was this company's only customer, I knew better. They always made me feel like their number one priority. Even their owner Joe who owns three franchises hours away from Lafayette would take the time to come by or give me a call to see how the structure of my home was coming and to see if I had any questions or if Servpro could help me in any way. They are my heroes. They took what I thought to be a hopeless situation and completely turned it around for me. Servpro of Lafayette truly made it feel like it never even happened. Not everything could be saved but they did everything in their power to save the things that meant the most to me.

Thank you to the owners Joe and Marietta Scott for running their business the way they do. Thanks for hiring such wonderfully knowledgeable people. I was shocked at Melissa, their manager's knowledge of antiques and Jamie you are the kindest person I have met in a long time. You were there from beginning to end always helping me through some really tough decisions. Melissa, Jamie, Marcus, Tayler, Michael, Kayla, Adam, Ahlea, Raven, Pat and of course Christina are one of the greatest teams of people I have ever had the pleasure to have work for me. God bless you all. Servpro of Lafayette is my Cleaning and Restoration company for life.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2017

Watch out for lazy workers who charge you for doing their work! Called about mold and mildew damage from a burst water heater. They gave me an estimate for $2236.00. I had them come out and they did not do half the work. It took a month from the time I got estimate from SERVPRO for my insurance company to give me the go ahead on the repairs. During that time I removed all carpets and wet carpet pads as well as baseboards etc. They gave me a final bill that was not itemized nor had any of the line items showing what the did and how many hours etc.

They just charged me the original estimate without even correcting the repairs they did not do because I already did them. So, They just charged me to do their work and without any explanation of the charges. The techs only spent about 5 hours in two days of actual work and dropped off a blower and left it for 6 days with no notice of when they were to return to pick up unit. They even used my electricity and not a generator. 24 hours they ran for 6 days. I have asked for an itemized list of actual repairs done to prove they did anything. Do not let these guys fool you. They are lazy and only broke my stuff. They do not do anything they say but charge you for it anyways. Be aware.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ServPro?

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

ServPro of Pottstown, PA - Outlet covers weren't removed, and there was paint on curtain hardware that wasn't removed. They took insulation from my attic without permission, but I got compensated. The wrong paint was used on my trim, but I got that fixed by them. The ceiling and walls were cleaned properly before painting. Scheduling was a nightmare-- "We'll call you." Carpet cleaning was a struggle. They only wanted to clean the center area knowing paint was spilled. Finally, their billing is questionable. Now, they are trying to charge me more than what my insurance contracted to pay.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

I had a horrible experience with Servpro. The tech told my tenant the house has mold issue, they will send the results to the lab. They got the result back and said no mold but it has asbestos (3%), and it is very costly to do the asbestos removal about $20,000. They were coming for an emergency estimate and repair. The tenants moved out from two units and got a lawyer because of asbestos. I asked them to do point count and confirm it. They said they will not do it unless it is under 1%!!! (which under 1% would contain non asbestos or EPA). I called the lab myself and ask them to do the confirmation which it came back negative. The results came back under 1% and we did not have to do anything, no removal, or anything else. We suffered significant financial damage because of Servpro.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2017

These people really suck, they came to the house and did an estimate, outrageous at that but since State Farm will pay them, it was easier than us having to do all the work, we are in our 60's. They never showed up and when I called informed me that they do not move the contents. And they didn't see there were contents when they came out? So if I am going to pay these scoundrels between $10,000 and $12,000 and I have to move the entire house out and back in again, we can do it ourselves... STAY AWAY FROM THESE RIP-OFFS!!!

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

Make sure if you use this company you get everything promised in writing before the job begins. To get you to use them they will make promises and will not do what they said they were going to do and deny completing the job as per what was promised before hired to do the work. I used them only because they were assigned to me from Allstate insurance company. I was told if I used them for the repair I would not have to get involved and not have to touch a thing. I was told I could leave for a week and a half and my house would be repaired and when I came back I would not even know I had damage. Well this did not happen and when I questioned them I was basically told I was a liar and they never promised me or my wife of any such thing.

I was told look at the estimate to the insurance company and they were only doing what was in the estimate. The estimate is very hard to read and understand but they will use that to deny what was promised. Even though they only provided less than half of the labor hours they were paid for they refused to reassemble the furniture and unpack the boxes they packed before the repair was started. I came home and furniture was just put into the house and in pieces and then 58 packing boxes were stacked against the wall in 1 room. I had to get 4 people to help me get everything back the way it was before the repair was done. This took me 3 days to complete. All I am saying is if your insurance company sends them to you for a repair, get everything promised in detail in writing before they start. I was originally told the job should be completed in a week and a half and it was more like 5 weeks. I could not live in my house.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2017

Our house in Baton Rouge flooded in August of 2016, we contacted ServPro to have the house dried and sprayed for mold. A ServPro crew from Mississippi contacted me and advised that they had an opening and that with 50% of the fee up front they would treat my house. They also needed my answer immediately, if not they would move on to the next person on the list and my address would go to the bottom of their list. I signed and helped them move their fans and dehumidifiers in my house. After the job was complete I helped them remove the fans and was pleased with the service. It took several days but I was able to get my the documents. I signed and submitted them to my flood insurance company. My insurance rejected the $1,400.00.00 fee for cleaning the fans and dehumidifier.

My house was already gutted and the floors had been mopped when I helped carry the equipment inside. Its condition was no different when it left than when it came in. Obviously I had no idea when ServPro came to my house with their fans I would be charged $1,400.00 to clean them!!! ServPro took advantage of the fact that we flooded and were desperate and obviously had never been through anything like this before. I called ServPro many times trying to get clarification on what I paid $1,400.00 to clean, they never returned my calls. The Mississippi Serv Pro people took advantage of flooded Louisiana people, pick another company!!!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2017

On July 17th, 2017 I suffered a terrible sewage backup in the lower level of my tri-level home. On July 18th, I contacted ServPro to clean up and remove the carpeting and trim and clean up, disinfect. It took 4 days approx to dry. I was charged 2400, which I paid out of pocket because I had no sewage back up coverage. Owner, Rob (last name unknown) contacted me approximately 3 days later to advise me to go buy my own trim. I'm 62, on disability, and explained that I didn't know how to do that, he told me to "settle down". 3 days later Rob called and said he was now ready to put in my carpeting at a dollar a foot (550 sq) feet for 1600.00. I asked if that included the trim, he told me no, and that he was going to use the trim (that had been soaked in sewage overnight), which by now is moldy, and only half laying in my garage. My disability? COPD!!. Of course I never took him up on his offer.

Instead contacting another carpet installer, who will now have to clean up after the terrible terrible mess they left me down there. Now I'm faced with a bill of having someone to come clean up their mess, in order to lay new carpet. I seriously can't afford anymore out of pocket expenses. I have pictures. My once beautiful family room was not restored as it never happen, as they advertise. Owner "Rob" uses his girlfriend's phone in which her name comes up on the caller ID. Very unprofessional. Still looking for things I cannot locate prior to their so called clean up. They also failed to shut central air vents off down there, causing mold and dust spores throughout the house. I'm sick, 2 huskies are sick. It was 91 degrees that day and days that followed. Very unprofessional company however I paid them in full. Never again!

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

Olga came out to my home to assess water damage. Then a person named Julie called me that kept me on the phone an hour, basically bad mouthed the owner and said she'd take my file over. I had my air tested and signed a contract for 1 dehumidifier, the guy that came out was so nice and helpful, when he removed the dehumidifier 5 days later he was nice enough to check on my kids and how we were feeling, he came back and checked to see how things were on his own time and I was still waiting for the EPA guy with samples to make a plan. The cops came to my house saying Julie is accusing me of stealing 5,000 of equipment!!! Wtf??? I'm so confused and shocked. I called police and filed a harassment charge, she's lying, and making false accusations, that doesn't sit well with me... This company is disgusting but one employee made it a good experience. They should take notes from him!

Original review: July 31, 2017

UNPROFESSIONAL. They left the house unattended with all of the windows and doors open. Placed items on the kitchen countertop which is completely full. Placed the toilet, countertops and other items in the main part of the garage and placed other items anywhere that they could drop the items. NOTHING was cleaned up. Trash was everywhere even the drinks, food and items that they brought into the house. Everything was disconnected when I left the house. When I returned the modem/router was reconnected so was the television and the Xbox 360. Looks like they spent time playing games and not doing their jobs! This is the Tucson Branch. It is bad enough having a water leak and being out of town only to pay people money to make matters worse. Once they told me the job was finished all I heard was you need to pay for mold treatment. There is no mold in the house!

Original review: July 25, 2017

May 29th 2017 a huge oak tree fell into my home 20 days after my husband passed away and I was very vulnerable to help and they came in at the request of my insurance to pack up my house and put it in storage. And one of them brought me a key and told me that at any time I needed to go to the storage that I could get in and gave me the unit numbers and the code to enter. And when I finally did go to retrieve some of my items I found a lot of damaged things and just incompetent storage like my leather case flipped up on my brand new electric recliner I had bought for my husband in April and it left badly indentions in the arms of the chair. And my husband had bought me an electric fireplace heater with remote control for Christmas in 2016. The corners were badly damaged too. I can just keep naming more damage but I'd be writing till tonight.

I wish I had stayed and watched them but I was suffering a great loss along with the tree coming in my house so never leave no one to pack up your belongings and leave them to move it without you being there. They are saying because I went there that I could have done it. Oh did I mention that they set a small wooden rocking chair on top of my brand new glass top stove. All of my appliances are brand new stainless steel appliances. Just got them in march. So be very careful with SERVPRO.

Original review: July 24, 2017

Servpro came to my house to install an oven and left the house with a gas leak. They refuse to come back and fix it. My tenant placed the order at Home Depot, without realizing they should have contacted me. Servpro never contacted me the owner. When Servpro left, the tenant could smell gas and called Atmos. The gas was turned off and the fire trucks came. Home Depot or Servpro refuses to correct the problem or be responsible in any way.

Original review: July 19, 2017

I have NEVER heard of this company in my life, but today received a very large package from them. Spoke to the mailman a bit -- he said they have committed mail fraud. I was asked to pay an upfront of 28.00 to even open the package, thankfully he advised me against it. Not sure what was inside. I refused the box and sent it back. Mailman said they are in BIG trouble for this crime. The box was addressed from GUSHENGHE, with the address of ServPro. Very weird, but turning off credit cards just in case.

Original review: July 14, 2017

ServPro came into my condominium at the request of the management company when the sprinkler system was punctured by a contractor they hired. The damage started in the upstairs unit and quickly spread to my ground floor unit. ServPro evaluated the damage and advised that the damage was limited to the ceilings only. Even when questioned about the obvious water on the inside of the windows and wet stains on areas of the ceilings that were not treated, they refused to check for water damage.

They removed a one foot area across all the ceilings and pulled out the wet insulation they could reach. They left the drying machines for a few days and were gone. Four weeks later when the contractor started the repair process, it was discovered that the walls and remaining areas of the ceilings were all still saturated with water, wet installation and the start of mildew. Thanks ServPro for your incompetence, and adding to the delay of the repair work!

Original review: July 9, 2017

This company is very shady, they come into your home and get you when you are vulnerable. They came to our home when it flooded and made us sign all kinds of paperwork then never gave us an estimate. When we got the bill it was $12k. After that, the insurance company came in and had to negotiate a few grand off and said they have never seen such bad work before. They ripped walls, ripped backboard etc. They caused us more damage than help!

Original review: July 3, 2017

ServPro on behalf of their client (a property management company) decided to hook up and use my electricity to do their work. This was done without my permission. So, I unplugged their extension cord, removed it from my back yard, placed it in the carport, closed and latched my gate so they wouldn't be tempted again. Message sent right?!?! However the ServPro supervisor decided they could unlatch and enter my back yard again to route the extension cord across the front lawn, through the carport, through a window (they removed a screen) to access a plug in on my back deck... AGAIN! None of this would have been an issue if they had done one of two things. 1. Ask permission. 2. Use a generator.

Neither of those options were used until after calling the Police to report a "Theft of Service". To make matters more insidious... An Agent from the Property Management Company came out to cover 2 electrical outlets that were closer to the job site, in what I'm assuming is an attempt to make it appear that ServPro NEEDED to use my outlets further away. Fortunately, I have pics of that agent putting a new face plate over an existing outlet. I'm almost looking forward to any legal action if there's retaliation from this slum lord style property management company. But, that's another review for a later date...

Original review: June 29, 2017

We have recently had a water leak inside our condo and hired a company called ServPro to help mitigate the water damage and POD rental for our home contents. We filed an insurance claim to pay for the mitigation and PODS. We were charged a total of $2800.00 just for the POD rental for 3 months. The insurance company only paid $700 total for the PODS leaving us with the bill.

We then got a letter from an attorney stating we needed to pay within 5 days or it would be reported to all creditors and placing a lien on our home. We never even got a warning from ServPro stating they would get an attorney involved. The claim was going back and forth between my insurance company, Travelers and ServPro for a couple of months. I have read reviews about this company doing underhanded strategies where they would overcharge the insurance company so they would not pay the total bill leaving the consumer stuck with the remaining amount.

Original review: June 28, 2017

I called to get information from the Ionia office, the girl I talked to was very nice and helpful, she said someone would be out to see the house and give an estimate that very day. She called later and said the representative couldn't make it and would call to make arrangements for another date. This was 2 weeks ago and I am still waiting for that call. Apparently they do not need my business.

Original review: June 9, 2017

My husband woke up and started getting ready for his day at work, when he came and woke me up. This was 6:30 a.m. Water was spouting out of our hot water shut off valve (which we later learned was wrongly installed there) and we were walking around in thankfully clean water. Our basement is fully renovated in the last 5 years and carpeted. I immediately called ServPro and they were there at 9:00 a.m.

The people I met were not only friendly, but they also recommended us to use our home-owners insurance. They wanted no money upfront but they went about their business of trying to save my carpet. They also worked with our insurance company making this job much easier on us. Everyone I spoke to from the emergency team to the re-building team has just been so friendly, nice, and even patiently waited when I started asking questions even though I could tell they were hard worked that day. They always came in with a smile and even laughed at my dumb jokes as I tried to brighten their day. I will use this company any time needed as I know them to be professional, fast and competent. Good work ServPro!

Original review: May 22, 2017

In January 2017 a house had a water pipe burst and the owner was in the hospital and under medical care. The leak was discovered and main shut off. Owner contacted Insurance and ServPro was recommended. ServPro came cut drywall and remove it 24 inches from floor. In the process they broke every electric receptacle and covers. ServPro left islands of vinyl flooring in kitchen instead of removing. They pulled approximately 1 and a half sq. ft of vinyl in bath. Lied to owner and stated job was done and demanded $4500.00 for their shoddy work.

It was not worth the amount and I called them asking why it was not finished. The manager's reply was they pulled vinyl where moisture was reading under it but left patches cause it did not read moisture content. I called him a liar because we metered the vinyl patches and found 98 percent moisture under them. The bathroom floor read 99 percent. If I did business like these crooks I would not be in business long. He refused to compensate the elderly owner. So now it is time to let folks know about their piss poor work ethics and theft.

Original review: May 9, 2017

Upon reporting my claim to USAA, I was informed how to pay deductible upon completed job. ServPro contacted me, wanted my credit card to pay my deductible before work began. ServPro went ahead with installing humidifier with 0 deductible required. Another USAA Adjuster made appointment but was canceled by ServPro. Two ServPro men returned to install their humidifier and examined damage to my ceiling, instructing me to get HVAC repaired and asbestos test before they could commence repairs. Upon this advice I called a HVAC repairer. A second storm that week knocked out power in my house. Power company restored power but ServPro did not return to check on their machine when I called them. Three days later ServPro returned to pick up their humidifier stating they were canceling the job.

I was stuck having to get my own repairs done and my insurance advised me to pay off ServPro with a $1000 deductible. I was told initially the entire process would take 3-5 days, but thanks to ServPro it has taken 3 weeks and the water damage was more extensive since it never dried completely. My insurance adjuster told me that ServPro did not use this humidifier correctly as the room was not sealed so moisture from my shower was being measured. I still did not understand how the humidifier was supposed to dry the ceiling which it never did.

ServPro kept sending conflicting information keeping me confused about what they were supposed to be doing. The machine stayed in my home 10 days running 24/7 except for 4 days it was not on due to power outage. They just picked up their machine and walked out on the job leaving me to find someone to do the repairs. This was a waste of my time and money. I still cannot get an explanation for the purpose of ServPro.

Original review: May 8, 2017

Called ServPro because with all the rain the carpet got wet in the lower level. They came out on a Saturday and said they could dry the carpet and pad. The machines would run until Monday then they would come back verify it was dry. They would then clean the carpet and put all my furniture back. Sounded great. Paid them in full. Machines ran all weekend. Monday came no call from them. Finally got ahold of them and they showed up. The guy put his thing in the wall. Said it was dry. I asked about the carpet. He never touched it or used the stick thing the original guy used to check it.

They removed the equipment and he said, "Okay I just need a signature." I said, "You are supposed to clean the carpet and put the furniture back." He said, "I don't know anything about that." I then explained that "I was told that once the carpet was dried you would clean the carpet and put my furniture back." He said he would try to get ahold of Dennis. Well Dennis didn't answer. Then he finally got a text and I was told that I could put my furniture back and they would try to get me on the books for the cleaning. I said, "Wait. I was told this would be done today." The guy told me they don't have the carpet cleaning equipment with them. They ended up leaving. I called the company and they still haven't called me back. Don't do business with them.

Original review: April 27, 2017

We hired ServPro Stafford-Missouri City, Tx to dry out the walls, help with clean up, remove good contents, dry out contents, make repairs, return contents. ServPro did almost everything badly. The job was never finished and rather than work with us to finish the job, they filed a lien and a lawsuit. No effort was made by the owner to work things out - he just sued us. It has cost me a lot of money to have hired them. I really regret that. Since they did not do what they said they would do, my good stuff was damaged to a point it is useless - total loss for some valuable electronics.

Wow. I can't believe it. They charged for machines that were not used. They charged for man-hours that were not worked. They charged me for materials that I furnished, like boxes and tape. They charged for services that were not performed. I went to their warehouse to pick up some of my stuff because they were too busy to return it, and I saw my stuff mixed with other's stuff. My rugs were in several different places so they didn't know what was mine. I guess they forged the contract because we only signed one iPad screen, which we were told would allow them to enter our property. After the lawsuit was filed, I got a copy of a contract with several signatures. How does that happen?

Every time I see a truck that says, "ServPro, It's like it never even happened", I don't know whether to laugh or cry. I will never use this brand again, no matter what. I have submitted one of the invoices, which was the first invoice. The amount of this invoice ** is $ 6482.31. Funny, I guess the original invoice (same number) which is the only invoice we received up until a few days before they filed a lien, the amount was $ 2813.34. Amazing how these guys just make up numbers.

The first invoice was similar to the quote we received from another company. Other invoices included other services which were incomplete and unfortunately they did not do what they said they would do, which caused much more expense. For example, electronic were taken to their warehouse where they were going to dry them out. This would require a towel to dry them off and set up one dehumidifier for the whole group. they did not do that. In fact they kept them inside wet boxes for weeks, which caused rust and a total loss.

Original review: April 16, 2017

Last night I get a call from my brother, he discovered a major water pipe burst in our father's condo. He got the City of Fairborn to turn the water off, but the place is a total mess. So he calls me & I call ServPro national #. They call one one the local franchise. In 1 hour he calls me back, ask for the details which I share, asked if I had a claim # for the insurance, and said if we hadn't keep the temperature set at 60 degrees the insurance won't cover it. So he would require 1/2 up front. I told him I was going to call PuroClean and see what they say. He said, "I don't care," and HUNG UP on me. Now I must add that the tone of his voice during our conversation was less than professional! So moral of the story is don't call them! PuroClean was extremely professional.

Original review: April 9, 2017

ServPro of East Lansing/Haslett, Michigan, was the remediation company I chose (out of the phone book ) to handle a water line break in my refrigerator. The local office is on Filley Street in Lansing. I would like to specifically comment about them and STRONGLY urge everyone... You should never consider them for any work at your house. They showed up to my home, declared there was moisture damage and that it needed to have the wood floor areas cordoned off by a plastic tent, including a major part of my basement. They also rolled in large and very noisy floor moisture "extractors". After that start, the machines were left on 24/7. More than once their machines blew my breakers. The leader showed me how to reset my breakers, I already knew how to do that, it was the blowing of them that was a concern.

It also appeared to me that the leader was, on more than two occasions that his workers weren't doing the job correctly. The job should not have taken more than 3 days, according to the Contractor I hired to do the repair work, and this was confirmed by my Insurance Company Adjustor. In the first couple days, the crew leader returned to my home after he and his two-man crew set up the plastic tent like structure, and often appeared to be less than satisfied with his crew's work. I was tolerating the over 100 decibel noise from the giant drying machines, but the household pets were scared, especially our cat.

The key problem was that the job began on a Tuesday. The belief was that it would be finished by EOB on Friday. It wasn't, which resulted in the equipment being there over a weekend, and not removed until Tuesday. The seven plus days of treatment resulted in over $3200 in charges. My insurance paid all but $500. But a bigger toll was that in less than a month our cat was dead. She died of FIP, Feline Infectious Peritonitis. This occurs almost exclusively among young cats (she was six), outdoor cats (she spent her life inside) and in multi cat homes (she was our only cat). BUT it can be brought on by extreme stress, the only reasonable explanation my Vet could think of.

The brief, and painful care of her at the Vet Clinic and her euthanization, cost me over $950. Therefore, at a minimum, my water damage incident cost me almost $1500. (Counting some other costs out of my pocket it was over $2000). My leak occurred on the day after Thanksgiving, 2016. Due primarily to the bumbling of ServPro on Filley Street, the full repair of my home wasn't done until after April 1, 2017.

Original review: March 28, 2017

I am still trying to get information for my insurance company from ServPro. My claim happened over a year ago in March 2016. ServPro does not return phone calls, can't get past the receptionist. I have asked for the owner to call me back and of course he doesn't. They will steal you blind. Don't ever leave them in your house unsupervised. They stole 2 mattress sets and my carousel horse. Large horse 4'x4'. Disgusting company, don't ever use!!!

Original review: March 18, 2017

In mid-December of 2016 one of my rental properties had a hot water heater break and flood the entire downstairs of the property. A plumbing company was called out immediately and replaced the water heater and stated that the entire unit was flooded. I called a company that I had seen commercials on TV for "ServPro". Two technicians showed up and sucked up the water with a regular shop vac and then placed several fans/blowers throughout the unit.

Drywall and molding and carpet, cabinets and wood floors were wet. I complained that mold would set in if it was not removed. ServPro stated that they would remove but never did. I was left with a mess on my hands and had to hire another company to come in to do the job correctly. The fans that ServPro were using were old and dirty and had a strange odor to them. The new company came out and removed the wood flooring, carpet and baseboards along with cutting the sheetrock that had been damaged and sprayed a micro-bacterial solution to avoid mold.

The ridiculous part was that the insurance company is giving me a hard time for they are insisting on only covering what Servepro took out. The ServPro employees were dingy and questionable whether they had ever been trained to do anything other than show up and plug fans in. The fans were left for several days with one day of monitoring and they charge $1800.00. I had to have another company come in to mitigate properly. This is ridiculous and because of ServPro I am having problems with my insurance company paying properly for the damage. They gave me a low ball bad estimate and when I requested a second opinion they send another adjuster from the same company. This will all be sent to the Texas insurance commission. It is wrong to pay for a good policy and to be treated in this manner.

ServPro Company Information