Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

2021 Samsung Washers Consumer Reviews

Original review: March 3, 2017

Bought a matched washer and dryer. Dryer works fine. No issues. Washer was the top loader that would blow the top off when washing bedding. I sent my recall info in and got stickers to place on washer. Seriously? WTF? That fixes nothing. Now I was curious about why my washer fills about 30 seconds on rinse, never agitates, and drains and spins. I called Customer Service. Computer asked questions. I answered as above. Rep comes on line and says, "So I see your door won't close." No, I said.

Tub fills only a little on rinse cycle. So she goes to her resources. Comes back online and says, "So your drum won't spin." I said are you stupid? Explained the whole ** thing AGAIN. Goes back to her resources and comes back to tell me the washer will fill less on rinse cycle. I asked her, "Only 2 inches?" I give up. She said I can use the extra rinse. I asked how using more water would be Energy Efficient, and making it run longer. Gonna use it until it quits. Wasted $80 each on a 5 year warranty. Sounds like service is terrible from these reviews. To be continued.

Original review: March 2, 2017

DO NOT PURCHASE ANY SAMSUNG DRYER... We purchased our Samsung Washer & Dryer units (DV210 OPEW/XAA) in 2011. We used the Dryer under normal conditions... that is, only dried clothes. We didn't dry shoes, cider blocks or old engine parts... I'm being facetious. Over the past 6 months (AUG 2016 - JAN 2017) I noticed a weird sound that was as if there were tennis shoes in the Dryer. I fussed at my wife telling her to not dry shoes in the Dryer. She looked at me like I was crazy... "What are you talking about? ".

I didn't provoke her anymore... and let that sleeping dog lie. Then just last week the Dryer failed. The dryer drum split at the factory welded seam. A pair of running shorts got caught in the separation at the seam and now the Dryer seized up against the felt gasket at the back of the Dryer unit. When I contacted Samsung I got the "you are out of your 1 Year Warranty Coverage... did you purchase the Extended Warranty Coverage?". Of course I did not... assuming that the drum in the Dryer (a major operational component in the Dryer) would be the LAST item to fail. Had it been a drive belt or circuit board, I would have expected that with "fair wear and tear".

Anyway, after three calls to the entry level customer service folks... they agreed to elevate my call to the Executive Customer Service Dept. That was over a week ago... after they committed to having someone call me back within 24-48 hours. I am done with SAMSUNG. I just sold my Washer on Craigslist... and will be taking my Dryer to the dump for disposal. And I just purchased a new KENMORE Washer/Dryer Combo for about the same I invested in the SAMSUNG product almost 5 years ago. Save yourself the hassle... and avoid any Washer/Dryer purchase from SAMSUNG. They SAM-SUCK.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2017

I have had the worst experience ever. While trying to resolve the issue of receiving the rebate I was assured by not one but two different Samsung employees. I purchased my top load washer/dryer set at Sears in May of 2015 for the new home we were building. We moved in our home on July 29, 2015. We had to have the repair man come one time before the "voluntary" recall in Nov. 2016. I called the recall number and was told a long list of things I needed to do to replace my washer. After thoroughly reviewing the rebate paperwork I received I made another call to the recall number to double check my information. I was again assured I would receive $446.00 plus an additional up to $150.00 if I chose to stay with the Samsung brand.

Putting my faith in the Samsung name I went back to my local Sears store where I purchased another top load Samsung washer. I painstakingly filled out all of the requirements and submitted my forms. I then proceeded to wait patiently for the check to pay for this unwanted expense. In the meanwhile I keep getting emails from Sears saying the washer I have purchased is on recall. In early February I even received the whole bundle of recall paperwork from Samsung! So once again I placed a call to the very rude Samsung customer service line. I was assured that the second washer was not on recall. It was the right model number but the wrong serial number, so they say.

While speaking to them I inquired as to the status of my claim and they told me my paperwork had been processed and they would be cutting my check and mailing it the following week. I did receive my check but it was not the amount they promised! They paid me $471.00 for a washer that I paid $575.00 for. When I called to see what the mix up was they told me I had been MISINFORMED!!!

I have made 7 phone calls and spent countless hours trying to get some satisfaction from Samsung. I spoke to three supervisors, the last of whom gave me a good cussing out and accused me of trying to cheat their company out of $150.00, to have not one person even attempt to offer a solution to my problem. I am beyond disappointed, I am disgusted! You can better believe that I will not be purchasing ANY Samsung appliances in the future and I will be spreading the word to my family, friends, and acquaintances to steer clear of this company! Hopefully there will be a class action suit of which I would be more than happy to be included in!

Original review: Feb. 25, 2017

Bought a new front load washer in 2014; three years later I have to replace as the washer will no longer go into a high speed spin. Clothes come out soaking wet. I've rebalanced the washer as instructed by Samsung tech support (pressing a few buttons on start up) and problem remained. I personally replaced all shock absorbers hoping that would solve the problem. I believe it is a simple sensor but their tech support was not helpful. Local serviceman was out of ideas and believes the tub spider are that supports the washing drum is cracked which is a common Samsung problem.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2017

I purchased the Samsung top load washer and dryer in September 2016, so approximately three months after purchase I began the process of dispute with Samsung. To begin with, it took nearly 2-3 hours for clothes to dry that I wasn't too happy about. Then the reports of their washers malfunctioning that resulted in major destruction to people's home elevated my dissatisfaction to absolute concern for the safety of my family. Especially since my dryer was a gas hook up so the thought of a rogue washer was of major concern.

After speaking to their customer service department. I could not be more displeased than ever with a company or a product. First, the misinformation that these customer service reps were trying to convince me of is appalling. One representative even went so bold to tell me that the malfunction was due to customer misuse even though they (Samsung) are recalling the washer after it was found to be a result of a malfunction of these washers, which is public knowledge at this point! I obviously will never purchase any products from Samsung. Despite Samsung admitting malfunction with their products, I was still sent in a wild goose chase to which I have no idea if they were ever going to honor their guarantee. Lowe's (the retailer I bought the set from) was actually the company that exchanged it for me because they already knew exactly what I was going through from other customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Computers and Monitors?

Original review: Feb. 23, 2017

Samsung front load wash machine. Model WF42H5200 WH. I purchased my Samsung washing machine and dryer from ABT in Glenview, IL. I had the machine installed on July 11, 2016. I had no issues regarding the operation of the washing machine until January 27, 2017. The machine will not complete the spin cycle. A 59-minute wash takes 3 plus hours and I have to stop the washing machine manually and unload the wet clothes for the dryer. Because the washing machine never completes the high speed spin cycle, the clothes are much wetter than normal and this requires the dryer to work harder and consume additional energy. I called Samsung and reported the issue to them and on February 21, 2017 they sent a 3rd party repairman to service the Samsung washer.

He checked out the washing machine and told me that he didn't know what was wrong with the machine. He told me that all Samsung appliances are "garbage" (his exact words). He said they are having many problems with these machines and that the problems will never be fixed because they can't diagnose the exact problem. He recommended to go out and purchase a better brand name washing machine and dryer. He also recommend to get the extended warranty. (Which I purchased the next day.) If the Samsung repairman is recommending other brands, I can only assume that there is something significantly wrong with the Samsung appliances and especially with the washing machines.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2017

The recall is a circle jerk. I went to the website and chose the option to have a free in home fix by a certified technician. Got a confirmation email of the date and time of the appointment. Appointment date came and went and they were a no show. Called Samsung and was told I was "not in the system." Despite Samsung.com having sent me a confirmation email.

I contacted the local vendor doing the "repair." Scheduled an appointment. We will see if that works out. But after reading the comments from folks who have had the "repair" it seems it is no "repair" at all. They say one must use the gentle cycle forever and the bedding cycle is no longer an option even after the fix. There needs to be government action to force Samsung to make customers right after being sold something that cannot be used as it was intended to be used.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2017

I purchased a top load washer in April 2015. I learned of the washer recall in January 2017 and scheduled a repair guy to come out. The person did not show up and I called Samsung only to learn that my info in their system was incorrect (wrong phone number/address) so I rescheduled. The person did not come out, so I called Samsung again and they asked me to call Dish network (the contractors assigned to come out). Dish had no idea of my appointment and blamed Samsung. I complained to Samsung and was told the escalation dept would call me and correct the situation. The escalation dept called and told me they would have someone call me between 1-2 business days (I actually had to call them a week later) and reschedule. So upon the 3rd reschedule, no one has shown up. I'm beyond frustrated and will not purchase a Samsung again!

Original review: Feb. 20, 2017

If I could rate my experience with negative stars I would. I too purchased the same washer due to the Samsung recall and was very surprised and disappointed that they did not reimburse me for the full amount that included taxes and hoses (required for any install). If Samsung wants to do right by their customers they would pay for the entire unit regardless of taxes and hoses.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2017

Purchased new front-loader Samsung washer and dryer from Best Buy about a year ago. Both machines are on pedestals. They look great but operate terrible. Good price. Both machines are extremely noisy - really, really noisy. Sounds like they are going to explode. Dryer never completely dries clothes. Causes sheets and covers to end up in a tightly compacted ball. Terrible product.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2017

I bought my Samsung front load washer in 2011 after reading countless reviews on what a great purchase it would be. Well today a repair man left after the news that my not so very old washing machine needs new bearings at the cost of pretty much a new washing machine. He also has shown me that the 4 shocks on the machine are leaking and need to be replaced. After calling Samsung I pretty much was dismissed by the operator-- "Well I am sorry your 1 year warranty has expired and we only cover the motor." So I ask, "Should bearings go out of a 4 1/2 year old washing machine?" and should the shocks need to be replaced? We are a family of 4 with normal clothing loads. The repairs will cost me more than the washing machine did originally--yeah great purchase huh?!

Original review: Feb. 17, 2017

Dryer DV350AEW - Drum cracked after 5 years. Samsung said no other model was reported with this issue, however, there are hundreds of complaints online and also on their own website. After third call, they admitted other reports but refused to compensate, dryers should last at least 10 years. The fact that they denied that it was an issue and lied about no other reports is a slap in the face to consumers. I will never buy another Samsung appliance.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2017

I purchased a washer dryer matching set in June from Home Depot. In October the Good Morning America show told of a recall by Samsung on certain models. I took down the information and checked our washer to learn it was part of the recall. First of all I have never heard of a recall where you must purchase a new machine before you can get a rebate. The rebate for our 4 month old washer was $200 less than we paid for the machine. I paid $699 plus taxes and I am to receive $446 if and when I receive it. I followed the instructions I was given to the T and that was 11/23/2016 including sending it in and sending the model number and serial numbers plus a receipt for the new washer which I could not buy for the amount I was receiving.

I called last week February 9 because it has been 3 months with no correspondence. Last week I was told it had been escalated and I would receive a call within 24 to 48 hours. Today is some 168 hours and I have yet to hear anything from Samsung. So I called back and they seem to lost the escalation so I ask for a supervisor. She argued with me for about 5 minutes before at my insistence they finally gave me to supervisor Julio and he gave me a ticket number again telling me I would receive a call within 24 or 48 hours and I would get that call because I now had a ticket number.

I have lost all confidence in Samsung. I stupidly purchased a new Washer to replace the broken one plus I bought a new washer and dryer for my other laundry room. I am now out for the replacement washer and both new washer and dryer I purchased fo a second laundry room. So I have spent $1497 for a new set plus the rebate machine with a promise of getting our $446 back for the trouble of recall. What a joke this "volunteering" recalling their machine. I will never purchase another Samsung due to way they have treated us on this recall. I have spent at least 8-10 hours trying to find out what is going on with our rebate when it should have been easily handled. I too would like to join a class action lawsuit if one is done on this company.

We talk about all the junk from China coming into the US but Samsung is no better so Japan is now screwing us over. I am glad Trump is going to make them pay for some of the things we have been giving them money for since WWII. The people on the phone are rude and very hard to understand. They talk way too fast and have a Japanese accent. I am sorry but they need someone who can speak English that we can understand. I use to think Samsung was an okay product but I will tell you based on this transaction I can no longer rely on them to provide good service after the sale. They SUCK and I only want my money back on the junk they sold me in the beginning.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2017

Both machines cannot handle the large drums. Even with extra spin setting small or large loads are extremely wet when finished. Takes forever to dry because clothes are super wet and the dryer is super weak. Dryer never gets hot and it takes 3 - 4 hours to dry the clothes. Also you almost have to dry blankets and sheets one at a time because if you don't they wrap whatever else in dryer into a big ball and nothing dries. I would trade both in for a smaller more power machines. Sadly stuck with these :(

Original review: Feb. 15, 2017

It's all about appearance not reliability any longer. A basic good quality does not exist. When washers are made of plastic with steel you can expect a short life span. Samsung is the worst in quality I have ever seen and yet no recourse to all the customers that purchased their junk. I will never purchase a Samsung product.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2017

Have had the Samsung front loader, high capacity, steam washer and dryer set for 6 mos. Received a "close out deal" from Sears so, excellent pricing. Picked them up and did an easy install at home. Lots of convenient, easy to use functions. The pair sits very low to the ground. I would recommend purchasing the stands. The jury is still out on the reliability since we are only 6 months in. They do an excellent job of cleaning and drying. So far, so good.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2017

Really love my washing machine, no problems with so far! However the recall process that Samsung has started is a mess! I opted to have mine repaired because I love it but the first 3 appointments were no show/no calls. The repair has finally been done and now I'm concerned about the future performance of my machine given what I've recently learned from others in the same situation. I feel like the options Samsung offered to its customers are lackluster and confusing. I don't know if I will purchase Samsung again.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2017

I purchased a Samsung washing machine 2 years ago. I was compelled to buy that particular machine due to the deep tub for washing bedding. In fact there was a bedding cycle on the dial and it used hot water so I was sold. I paid about 800 at Lowe's and also bought the 4 year warranty. Then they had a recall that included my model. Seems they are exploding and injuring people. I was given very limited options; they would refund me $150 if I bought a new machine or $250 if I bought another Samsung, or, they could repair it and extend the warranty a year.

Since I could not take that kind of financial loss on a product so recently purchased I opted for the repair. Took them over 2 months and 3rd scheduled call before service call. However, my washer is not returned to original status. They placed a new sticker on the dial and told me I have to use delicates for bedding which doesn't use hot water. I am so disappointed in this. They should be replacing these washers if they are deemed unsafe to use a normal cycle on bedding. This recall is a scam!!

Original review: Feb. 13, 2017

The washer shook and then one day it leaked. The news and internet warned about this washer blowing up, so we were able to return it to Lowe's who was very understanding. My daughters have the same washer and when they called Samsung, since it was a month out of warranty, they were refused a replacement and offered $100. If this washer blows up, I have sent Samsung 2 emails to let them know that I will take legal action.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2017

Purchased the top loading washer machine in 2015. Sears extended warranty replaced $2100 dollars worth of parts and labor before they gave me $700 dollars towards a new machine and Samsung offered me $45 dollars and a apology on their exploding machine. Filed complaint with Better Business bureau with no response from Samsung. My recommendation is if you need to buy Samsung make sure you purchase the 20 year extended warranty because their products need constant repair. They do not care about your investment or problems with the machines. They want you to throw that one away and buy a new one.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2017

My less than one year old Samsung Top Load Washer was recalled because the Top can explode and cause injury, and has caused grave injury to many. Samsung offered 1/2 the price of the washer as a rebate to buy another Samsung (of which retailers are still selling this machine that they say are repaired). I had mine "repaired" but 1/2 the settings cannot be used and bedding/bulky items have to be washed on delicate which leaves them wet now. 2 stickers were placed on the machine, and a sticker on controls. When a tech repaired the top the bolts taken off the machine were rusted. On a less than 1 yr old machine that is subject to water?

Do Not purchase a Samsung Washer. Now the newly "fixed" machines tops are exploding and coming loose. Another disaster. Also: the extended warranty companies are not classifying these recalled dangerous machines as "Lemons" under warranty replacement clause? These machines are Dangerous, Lemons and should be "junked" immediately before someone get killed. Being killed by your washing machine should not be part of a consumers worry.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2017

Samsung has horrible customer service! My POS quit working!! Can't find anyone in my area to repair it. Unit is only 5 months old. Called and called Samsung. Keep getting lame excuses. Done with Samsung products.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2017

Called to see if washer was on the recall list. It was. They took all of my information model and serial number. I went out the next day and bought a new washer and dryer. About a week later they email me my rebate form and at the bottom it wants the two stickers with the model number and serial number. When I spoke with them I was never told this. So I called. Told them I have a picture that would work. Include in your refund with proof of purchase of the new washer. Called last week to check on status. I was told I didn't fill out the paperwork correctly. They could help me without the stickers. Lowe's used a 3 party that delivered and took the old ones away. Told them there was no way I could get those sticker and if they had told me about it when we spoke I would have removed them.

No one wanted to take ownership of this. They gave me number after number to call and they all said, "Sorry you need to call the rebate center." One of the numbers was the corporate office. She said she would look into this and call me back. Next morning I receive a call and was told sorry there is nothing they can do. I shouldn't be punished due to their mistake but I am. I told them they have lost so much money. They are trying to cheat and keep as much as they can. Asked to speak or the number at corporate. Was told no number just an email. If there is a class action lawsuit against them include me. Bottom line is Samsung is punishing me because I did what they told me to do. If they had sent the papers or told me the same day, they would have been removed. They had enough nerve to tell me if I can find the stickers they could help me.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2017

I bought a washer a year ago and so far it has been subject to a recall and have to have repair service over 4 times. I called the Samsung Company and the lady said she would have the manager get back to me within 24 to 48 hours. They never got back to me. I have waited weeks between repair visits for our repairman to finally show up and have probably spent more cash at the laundromats than the washer is worth. DO NOT BUY FROM SAMSUNG.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2017

I purchased a set of the Samsung washer/dryer 9000 series the was which is now under recall has been a nightmare, constantly shutting off and throwing codes. The dryer has completely stopped working and these appliances are LESS than a year old. The only thing worse than the product is the customer service. I have been dragging to the laundromat for almost two weeks now. I have never had such a bad time setting a repair up. The website will not let you finish the repair report to send and the phone center is useless. I'm going on week 3. I am buying a used dryer until I can get mine fixed. It will be less money than the laundromat. HORRIBLE. DO NOT BUY.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2017

I purchased not one but 2 Samsung washers. The first was part of a set, costing $1900, delivered Aug, 2015. We learned of the top load washer recall on TV 11/4/2016. 11/5/2016, we registered our washer and requested a rebate. We then chose to purchase the same model from J.C. Penney as one of the recommended retailers selling the what we thought, was the new, improved and safer model. It was delivered 11/15/2016 and found to be another recalled washer, DELIVERED FROM A SAMSUNG WAREHOUSE IN JACKSONVILLE, FL. I discussed this with a Samsung escalated manager and we agreed to have the 2nd one "fixed" and receive a full refund. The fix is not a root cause fix, simply a band aid, preventing the lid from becoming a missile.

NO ONE at Samsung will respond to my calls, queries. They've applied the "fix" to my 1st washer, 2 days after it was hauled off and closed the case! The "fixed" machine keeps recycling on the rinse/spin cycle. It also displays a DC error message, indicating the load is off balance when in fact, it's an equal distribution of laundry. Also, we are not allowed to use the robust cycles we were promised with the purchase. 3 months ago I had a high powered, high capacity, quiet washer. Today I have a shoddy, noisy washer. Please HELP the consumers! I am one of thousands of duped customers. It's a dangerous washer and Samsung is not responding in a respectful manner, to say the least.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2017

The washer and dryer are easy to use and do a good job of washing and drying. The washer has many presets for water temp and spin speed but you can change them if desired for most of the cycle settings.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2017

I'm blaming Samsung On This!! Also on Lowe's!! And their techs Servicequick!! ServiceQuick is very unprofessional, they have no clue on how to fix a washer machine. Samsung is clearly buying the cheapest service techs on the market. Less than a year old washer machine, had to wait for a week for a tech to come and take a look. Machine was making loud noise and he only recorded sound and left. After 4 days they called back saying that machine was getting drum replace next week. Waited another week send different tech and this guy took cover off, saw rust leaked on motor, took a picture and he said motor needed to be replace. He didn't put any effort to see where the leak was coming from. Had to wait another week for tech to come and replace motor and drum and some other parts.

They put covers and panel on the cement and now I have scratches all over the covers and scuff marks on the washer panel. They also placed their tools on the dryer and have scuff marks on it, and the installation of the drum was really bad, is all off balance, there is a 1 inch gap between the drum and the sealing gasket. Not only I wasn't able to use the machine for a month, but they keep on messing up. Now I have to send pictures of the scratches, and scuff marks on the panels and covers and they need to come and redo the drum to balance it properly. This guys were in a rush, my machine is less than a year old and is already has cosmetic damage and major parts being replaced. I blame Samsung on this for not picking quality service tech, I blame them for not just replacing the machine.

I'm all frustrated now. I keep on calling Samsung, Lowe's, and complaining about this situation but they don't even care. Well, Horrible, I bought this Machine at Lowe's. They sell a 3 year insurance which they are not responsible for the first year so in reality is just a 2 year. They put the first year on Samsung factory warranty, and Samsung pays this HORRIBLE! ServiceQuick people to do the repairs.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2017

This is one of the worst appliances I have ever purchased. What is worse than the washer is Samsung's Customer Service. When I first purchased my washer 2 years ago, within a few weeks it started stopping just around the time the spin cycle was to being and "ds" would flash on the panel. I called Samsung Customer Service, which basically takes you through an automated maze until you actually get to a human being.

Talking to a machine would have been more helpful than the lady I spoke to. I have never before had someone tell me that I had to diagnose my own washer issues because if I could not fix it myself, they would charge me to send out a technician. REALLY? After 45 minutes of wasting my time (and ignoring my saying that it was still under warranty) she finally agreed to send out a technician. Then proceeded to tell me AGAIN, that I might be charged for the visit.

When the technician finally came, he supposedly checked everything and said nothing was wrong. I told him that I kept getting a "ds" message and asked what it meant. Never got a proper answer. To add to all this, Samsung issued a warning about its washers stating that the doors might "fly off" during the spin cycle. WOW... So here I go again, through the automated maze to schedule to have a technician come out and "fix" the issue. Needless to say, no one came at the appointed time. After calling twice, I was finally told that the person would come a week later.

Yes he showed up and tightened the door, or something, and said it was all good. However, I could no longer wash any of my bedding in the machine. I would have to send it out to wash. OK, so why do I have a washer at home if I need to send out my washing. I took a chance and mentioned that I kept getting the "ds" message more often and asked if he knew why. He said it was possible that the door lock was defective. Why OH why was I not told that when the first technician came around? Now that my machine was no longer under warranty I am being told this. "OK, so can you fix it", I asked. "No I cannot, that would require another technician". So now I have a washer in which I cannot wash most of my items and a door lock that is defective. Maybe I should have bought the Whirlpool. You live and you learn. NEVER again a Samsung.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2017

The washer does a alright job: it does not always get food stains out. Very disappointed about how it is put together. We chose to have it repaired with the recall and were amazed that two small pieces of plastic held the lid on.

Samsung Washers Company Information