Save on Appliance Repairs

With the Best Home Warranty

Compare Quotes

1979 Samsung Washers Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 19, 2019

I don't have a problem with the actual washing capability. This is my second Samsung washing machine. The first one had no issues with labeling so something has changed with how they print the labels on the machine. The issue I have is that the printing around the knob wipes right off. No special cleaners, or excessive rubbing. I use a wet paper towel and the letters just wipe away like I'm wiping them off a dry erase board. The only cleansers that could have gotten on these letters would be washing machine detergents. I would think that when a company makes a washing machine, they would consider the fact that detergent could get dripped on it. We have had the machine less than a year. My last machine I had four about 10 years and never had any issues like this.

When I called Samsung to report this issue, all they could do is give me a phone number to a parts company where I could purchase a new part. They call it a "cosmetic issue." To me, a cosmetic issue is something purely aesthetic due to normal wear and tear that doesn't affect the operability of the machine. This label is literally the way you know which cycle you are selecting for your wash. Once the letters are all the way gone, I guess you could try to hold the manual right next to the knob and count clicks to try and get the right cycle. That isn't a cosmetic issue. That is absolutely an issue with the operation of the machine.

Even worse is the "solution" to this "cosmetic issue" is that I would have to purchase additional parts. I don't really want to spend additional money to purchase a part that will likely do the same thing in a month or two. What a racket! Someone buys a washer, and then every couple months has to buy a new part so they know which cycle they're selecting. How absurd! I don't care to spend more money with them at this point. I am going to use a label maker and a Sharpie and attempt to label the cycles as best I can. However, I feel like this is something I shouldn't have to do in order to use my washer that is less than a year old to do my laundry.

Original review: March 19, 2019

Have not even had my Samsung washing machine 2 years and it started to smell really bad. I took off the pulsator and the bottom is covered in mold. Been washing my kids clothes in mold water for who knows how long now. Totally disgusted!!!

Get expert buying tips about Washers and Dryers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 18, 2019

Purchased a set 2014 and the washing machine model is WA45H67000A. It is rusting all around the top, and soap dispenser. A piece of the metal above the dispenser has fallen off. There is a lip on the ring around the top that apparently holds water. Samsung said that we would have to pay the costs to repair it. No washing machine should have rust like this. The lip is hidden and doesn't show until you start looking underneath it. This is a poor engineering design and have read reviews with many having the same problem. We will have to buy a new one, as it will cost more to repair than to replace, but it will not be a Samsung. This is the first foreign appliance and it will be the last. Going back to American products!

Original review: March 15, 2019

Our super modern Samsung front loading washing machine needed repair work done within 3 months of purchasing. Samsung sent out one repair company who claimed they had to do an inspection first - even though the repair work and necessary part were already verified. They then tried to double bill both us and Samsung for the visit, saying Samsung would not cover the service call. We ended up getting their useless service call covered, but not until after a total of 46 phone calls, emails and voicemails to/from Samsung, repair companies. Samsung sent out a different appliance company, who brought the part with them and repaired the appliance in a single visit (no inspection necessary) with a total repair time of 15 minutes. However, the entire process took over three months. After this experience, we have decided to sell the Samsung washer and dryer before the warranty expires and buy a different brand.

Original review: March 11, 2019

I purchased the set of WASHER and Dryer at The Home Depot for $3,467.86. Before one year of use the washer was broken. The service that Samsung sent was disgusting, unprofessional. I had not machine for more than one week. Today, it is broken again. I requested for the replacement of the unit. The Executive customer relationship, said only “unfortunately” we can’t. They are sending a tech again to see if they can fix it. I DO NOT LIKE TO KEEP A WASHER MACHINE THAT FAILS TWO TIMES DURING THE FIRST YEAR OF PURCHASE. I paid for a new one!!! Please, replace it. This is not fair for a faithful customer. I’d ask to this Executive customer lady, if she would like to keep at home, a two times repaired washer machine while still paying for a new one?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Computers and Monitors?

Original review: March 10, 2019

I bought the washer and dryer 3 years ago and the washer has pieces of paint and parts falling off. The paint is chipping away and the bleach compartment has completely broken off. I have a huge ugly hole. It still washes but, I keep seeing chips of paint on my clothes.

Original review: March 9, 2019

Bought a pricey Samsung top load washer in July 2017. This week I get error code 5c for its failure to drain. I call Samsung tonight and discover it’s likely the pump as there is no issue with the drainage hose. They were going to call a technician out to me when I inquired about my warranty. 1 year parts and labor. Are you ** kidding? Shame on me for not researching better prior to purchase. But who the hell thinks their washer will break with light use within 2 years. What a disappointment in quality and customer care.

Original review: March 4, 2019

This is the worst washer and dryer ever. I have had repairs on both the washer and dryer. Got a postcard in the mail about the settlement litigation for the no account washer and lo and behold if you can remember when you bought it they will give you a small allowance to buy another product from Samsung. Now why would anyone want to purchase another product when the one you have is trash. The dryer will not work half the time. Have had repairs to it.

The washer was recalled because it could fly apart and hurt or kill you and the fix was to put another tag on it and a bolt or two and tell you not to use it on the speed you expected. The washer rusted so bad that it looks like a car that has been sitting out in the field for the last forty years. This is the absolute worst product I have ever bought. I have had a very cheap washer from Walmart that was so superior to this washer that it is amazing to think of. I paid a very high price for the washer and dryer and was told it was top of the line. What line I ask now. Do not buy a Samsung if you want anything that works.

Original review: March 1, 2019

September 2018 - washing machine craps out. When set on small or medium load, the tub starts to fill up. But once it reaches its intended level, it switches to extra large load, fills up the tub and then sits there, doing nothing. Called Lowe's, where we bought it. They said, "So sorry, the 1 year warranty expired last month." We have to call Samsung. Called Samsung. They said there are no local Samsung repair providers, and give us the number of the "closest" one - I use quotes, because the number they gave us was from Oklahoma City. We live in Iowa. Took matters into our own hands, and called a mom and pop shop. They made one attempt. It didn't work, then said they had to order parts.

I won't go into the details, but the back and forth with the mom and pop shop for the status of the parts went on for several months. They blamed Samsung (this does not surprise me), but I also did not get the indication that this shop was running on all cylinders. FINALLY, earlier this month (Feb 2019), parts arrive. The main part needed was a new control card. The repairmen swap things out, and presto, our washing machine is back up and running! Yay! No more than 2 WEEKS LATER, we are back at square one. Same failure mode as in step 1. We're cutting our losses and junking this piece of garbage.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

I have had my washing machine for 2 years and it needs to be replaced entirely! The quote to fix it was 1000+ which is more than the machine itself cost. These machines are poorly made and do not last. We had lots of problems. First the sensors went at the 2-year mark and now the bearings, gasket and drum. I do not recommend wasting your time with these poorly made appliances. Spend a little extra and get something that will last. 2 years is pathetic, a washing machine should last much longer than this with regular use!

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

I bought my washer in 2013 and within 2 years I had rust on the area right outside of the bleach holder. Now it is rusting under the rim and affecting my clothes. I've had multiple pieces of clothing ruined by this washer. I will not buy another washer or dryer from Samsung.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

I purchased a brand new front loading washer. Within one month it stopped working. I have had four technician come over to my house during the weekdays to fix the machine. They changed a lot of parts. The machine still does not work. I requested Samsung to replace the machine. I have been on hold as customer service keeps transferring me from one department to the next. Will NEVER EVER buy Samsung again. This manufacturer is uses cheap parts in their machine. There is a reason why their machine cost less. Customer service is horrible. Never encountered such terrible service in my entire life being a consumer.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

We bought 3 major Samsung appliances. First the W/D stackable combo. Nearly $3000 for the set. They are 4 yrs. old and the washer is failing to dispense soap. Going to cost $300 to buy the whole drawer that the soap is dispensed from. Second is the dishwasher. 2 yrs. old and the washer arms came out. Replaced that problem for $275 and now it is giving me an error code and will not wash at all. Don't know what that is going to cost but from the sound of the machine it is in the motor.

Third, the french door refrigerator. Ice maker quit within 1 yr. of purchase. Still under warranty but we had to have a service technician out 9 times before Samsung would refund our money on the unit. We were in Best Buy yesterday looking at 70" TVs. I found one I really liked but as soon as I realized it was a Samsung I turned and walked away. I will never put another Samsung product in this house. I was told by a salesman at Lowe's and my service technician to NOT buy Samsung products. Where were they when I bought these products? Lol. That should tell you something. My technician says to buy KitchenAid or Frigidaire.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

Mine is the model that had a recall because the tops were popping off during the spin cycle. The independent contractor person came to fix it, and there weren't any major problems with that. HOWEVER, as a washing machine it is the worst product I have ever heard of, seen, or used. The point of a washing machine is to get your clothes clean, correct? Well, it fails on all levels. I suspect its water-saving feature is mostly to blame because the water is not high enough to submerge anything. Allegedly, this is not supposed to matter and the clothes will be clean anyway. But I tell you, if I put something in that has visible dirt on it, such as food or barf, when I take it out after the wash it looks like I put the item outside in a puddle and let it sit for an hour. The end. The self clean feature is a joke, it takes a long time and leaves garbage in the bottom of the drum that I have to physically wipe out with a paper towel.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

Never buy stackable! Won't service units unless installed! Numerous issues regarding noise, electronic failure, vibrating, leaks, odor, horrible servicing reps who don't get paid from Samsung then try to flip the bill on you!

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

No complaints at all on getting the clothes clean. It’s just the reliability and workmanship in the dryer that is a concern. The dryer is only 3 years old and have had to replace the idler pulley, the heating element, and all four rollers so far.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

Samsung washer does a very good job, has been very reliable, no maintenance issues. Price was higher than some of the others but not so high as to be unreasonable and thus a 3 on value as the price was just fair but not a great bargain.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

We have used our washing machine for about 7 months. About 2 months ago I started noticing a white sediment on my clothes when I took them out of the wash. Now, about 3 weeks ago I started noticing a brown gunky residue left on the clothes and in the washing machine. We try to report it to Samsung to no avail. We took the pulsator and drum out and discovered a large amount of mold and mildew on the machine. The pulsator is made of a plastic piece inserted into a chrome piece which you cannot get apart. In between these two pieces the mold is stuck!!! Will never buy another Samsung product.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

Excellent value. The only problem that I can see with this washer and dryer combination is if you attempt to stack the two units. The controls for the dryer are on the top of the dryer, 7 or so feet about the ground. Not good if you have a 4'11" wife! Other than that, these units are easy to use, very good looking and so far, very reliable.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

These washers are not made to last. Our washer lasted just over 2 years. The moving gears are made of a plastic that does not hold up and to repair it cost more than half of the price of the new one. They make it so you have to replace the whole assembly rather than being able to just replace the broken piece.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

I'm a widower, with a house keeper, and I bought the very best for her to use and that is easy for me to operate as I am now disabled and not able to do things as before. They are the large units with front door access. With very clear instructions and double wash and rinse. Bought the Home Depot after scouting around.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

Samsung front load washer is poorly made. My first one lasted less than 2 years. It started making horrific noises. Turns out the drum seal, bearings and drum shaft and carrier were destroyed. I was quoted over $600 for the repair. Samsung won't even sell the bearing and seal like most other brands, you have to buy the whole rear drum half assembly at about 10 times the price.

Instead of repairing it, I bought another Samsung thinking my problem might have been a fluke and the w/d was a matched set. It was on sale for almost $100 less than the repairs would cost. A little later I found out my brother (who owned the same model) had the same trouble with his after about the same amount of time. Aside from that the washer really didn't clean very well. Light colored clothes were rather dingy. Thought would go back to a Samsung top load but found they were calling them back by the millions because they were catching fire or actually exploding. I always had a high opinion of Samsung, but no more. I'm done with them.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

The washer takes forever to fill with water and many times the level of water is not enough. The dryer keeps spinning after items are dry. My water and electric bill are extremely high due to the inefficiency.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

Cleaning the gasket around the door is a real pain especially when you have a dog. The washer always smells no matter how often I clean it, I will never buy a front loader again. I heard that other people have the same problem with front loading washers of other brands. One thing I do love about this washer is the big capacity tub for large loads, I washed 2 sets of king sheets together and they came out perfect.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

The washer filter is very difficult to remove. The dryer heating element has failed 3 times. In addition some of the diodes that control temperature have failed so I actually had to wire around one of them while waiting for the actual part. In the dryer's defense there was a venting issue that I had to correct but even after the venting issue was fixed there were still heating related problems.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

My washer does a great job of cleaning all items it washes. Uses very little water. The machine weighs the load and uses the appropriate amount of water needed to get the job done. There is no rinse and hold cycle, which I really miss. To soak items, I have to let the machine run for a while so water amount can build up, then stop the machine for a while to soak the items. Inconvenient but effective.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

The filter drain cap is impossible to work with. The snap broke and I had to cut tube and install another. The dryer tangles everything which negates all the features as I have to keep going back and untangle the laundry. The lint filter is difficult to work with. I am disappointed I purchased front loads.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

Washer has many functions, 95% of them we use the normal function which washes very well. The same is true of the dryer, & the results are just great. We have a Samsung microwave & a Samsung toaster oven. All of which work wonderfully well.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

The washer is extremely loud!! Most of the time there isn’t enough water to get all the clothes wet, let alone clean. I had the washer about 3 months when I had to have repair done to the washer, and 6 months after that another repair due to the incorrect water temp. I will not purchase this brand again!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

I'm on my second set of Samsung's W&D. The first washer was recalled due to exploding top. I used a generous rebate to purchase the replacement. While I didn't have any issues with the first one, I decided to not take any chances; it performed admirably. The replacement is just as good, however, there are times when the load (heavy) becomes unbalanced, requiring a re-shuffle of the contents. The dryer was purchased to match the new washer. It is way more advanced than the first, e.g., steam capable; mixed-load drying, plus. I'm into my third year with this combo; so far so good.

Samsung Computers and Monitors expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Samsung's name is associated with quality, and produces everything from electronics to home appliances. Based in South Korea, the company generated a massive 305 billion dollars in 2014, employs nearly 500,000 people and sells its products to nearly every country in the world.

• Energy Star options galore: Many of Samsung's washers were designated under Energy Star's "Most Efficient" washers category in 2014, pointing to serious cost savings on energy. In fact, Samsung as a whole won Energy Star's Partner of the Year award for its commitment to energy efficiency.

• Noise-reduction: Samsung washers are known for their noise-reduction technology, meaning consumers can enjoy some peace and quiet while their washers run.

• Smart control features: Many Samsung washers bring control to a whole new level. Consumers can control washers from apps on their smartphones or interact with intelligent LCD panels to choose from a huge variety of washing options, speeds and automatic settings.

• Speed is built-in: Samsung washers are developed with speed in mind, with many models offering the SuperSpeed option. This can reduce washing times compared to standard washers by up to 50 percent, even for full loads.

• Best for: People who like advanced features, families and professionals.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs