Samsung Washers
1.30/5
Based on 196 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Need a washer and dryer?

Samsung Washers

Last updated: April 21, 2018

1811 Samsung Washers Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
    Original review: April 21, 2018

Our top loading washing machine was on recall. They came twice to handle the recall. Within a short time the machine started making funny loud noises. Called Samsung. They said that the machine was not repairable and offered us a refund on the machine. Almost 4 months later we still do not have the refund and they have reduced the amount of the refund 3 times. So now we will be getting less than half of what we paid for the washing machine in the first place. THEY DO NOT GIVE CUSTOMER SERVICE and they are a consumer ripoff as well.

Original review: April 21, 2018

I have the WA52J8700AP/AA model (purchased January 2017). Now undergoing the second major repair in 60 days. Note, this model is no longer offered. Samsung performed the first major repair in January 2018 under warranty. Now, under this repair, Samsung has ignored any responsibility. Fortunately, I have the Geek Squad plan from Best Buy to cover. All the parts in this poorly designed washer are PLASTIC. First the plastic clutch broke. Now the plastic powertrain coupler shattered. This is a 5.4 cubic foot tub using plastic gears! The first service technician said not to load the tub past half way. What good is selling this size of a tub if it cannot handle the load? It cannot since it is made of PLASTIC. Samsung responses are slow and worthless. They will not stand behind their products. DO NOT BUY SAMSUNG.

Get expert buying tips about Washers and Dryers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 19, 2018

The repair process is ridiculous. They told me that I would receive a call this morning when the technician would be at my home this morning. At 11:00 am no call. The last time it took them three weeks for service. This machine is 4 months old. I will never own another Samsung appliance.

Original review: April 13, 2018

Save yourself a big headache. It’s a beautiful piece of trash and their customer service is even worse. Bought mine about 5 year ago. It’s been a recall that didn’t resolve anything. I had to purchase two parts already that just fell apart and last time I call to purchase one of those one more time they promised to send it for free. Yeah right. It’s been 3 months. I’m still waiting and half washing my clothes. I wouldn’t recommend you any of their appliances. I also own a refrigerator. Just because they look good that doesn’t mean they work good. There is plenty of brands with a good reputation and quality products not pieces of trash.

Original review: April 12, 2018

I purchased a Samsung front load washing machine in 2013. Now, 5 years later the washer is done. It snags multiple loads of clothes and it has ruined hundreds of dollars worth of clothes. There is absolutely nothing in the washer and the tub that could cause this and the tub surface is completely smooth. I have no idea how it is eating and ruining my clothes but I have found multiple complaints from other customers. Never will we purchase a Samsung washer and dryer again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Computers and Monitors?

Original review: April 8, 2018

Purchased a Samsung HE top loader (WA50K8600AW/AA) in January 2017. By March 2018, it stopped working. Called Samsung, to no avail, since it's out of warranty. Said they would have someone call to set up an appointment for repair (at our cost) which never happened. I will never buy a Samsung appliance again... A very costly mistake!!

Original review: April 4, 2018

My husband and I purchased this washer - Samsung Powerfoam VRT and in 3 years it stopped working. We called customer support and they are charging us close to $700 to fix it with no promises that the fix will repair the sensor problem. This is ridiculous for brand name product. We bought this because we believed in the brand, my husband works in real estate and will tell all of his clients NEVER to buy this product.

Original review: April 4, 2018

I bought the Samsung top loader washer and dryer to replace our 18 y.o. set. The sleek features and large capacity were appealing as well. Up until 2 months ago we were fairly happy with the machines. Our dryer started making a large thumping noise so we inspected the inside with a flashlight to see a very large crack in the drum. Now our washing machine is making strange noises. We were told by Samsung that their warranty is over so we will have to deal with Home Depot and the extended warranty department. We have had countless phone calls with all three places (Home Depot being the most helpful) and 2 months later are still without a dryer. Samsung has been completely useless and their customer service is trash. These people could care less about their consumers. So...DO NOT BUY SAMSUNG APPLIANCES. You will regret it!!!

Original review: April 3, 2018

Purchased washer and dryer 10/2017. 3/2018 - customer service and spoke with Joslyn and was the call for over 40 minutes going round and round about issues with both items of which she kept repeating back to me incorrect data and proceeded to argue with me that my items were not level. When setting up the tech/repair she kept telling me that we would be charged in addition Joslyn told me she set up our service tech to come on 3/30 when in fact when we got the call she did not set it up as discussed. She set it up for 4/6 as well as still gave them incorrect information.

3/30 - a tech came out of which our washer and dryer were still in working order up to that morning. The tech listened to our dryer right away and knew it was not because it was not leveled. The tech proceeded to take apart our dryer and through the 3 hours process of being at our home managed to break the dryer 100%. The tech had to order new parts and set up a 2nd work date of 4/4/2018.

4/3/2018 received a call from the company scheduled to come out as they told me that Samsung had not deliver the parts to them and they needed to cancel our repair ticket. The company then transferred me back to Samsung's customer service indicating that Samsung and they transferred me back to Samsung customer service.

Per Leah at Samsung she stated that it is not that the parts were not delivered but in fact the parts are on back order. I have requested to speak with a manager and was put on hold for 43.57 minutes before she came back to the line to tell me that Paulo the manager is not going to speak with me and that they are now transferring me to another department. Per Seth in the Case Management Department he is a "manager" who for 16 minutes I spent both talking and on hold as he stated multiple times that he was as high as I could talk and then through the conversation he indicated that there is one supervisor above him and then as he continued to talk when I asked for a name he then state that there were multiple people.

In addition as I told him that I will not accept that I need to continue without a dryer and that at this point I want a new one delivered being ours was only 4 months old and should not have had issues in the first place, he advised that our claim is under review and there is nothing he can do. I asked to talk with someone above and was transferred to Anna "one of the supervisors" above him. In talking with Anna she did not want to hear what I had to say as she stated she was sitting next to Seth and knew everything that was going on and stated that there is nothing they are going to do.

Through the conversation I asked multiple time if what she was saying is that it is ok for us to spend $2002.09 dollars on a washer and dryer and in four months to have issues of which they will decide when they are good and ready on if they will repair it or not. AND to top this the supposed supervisor proceeded to hang up on me after another 30 minutes. This is UNACCEPTABLE!!!

Original review: March 31, 2018

I purchased my Samsung washer from Lowe's less than 6 months ago. It is broken already. Since it is within a year, they are doing a service call but they don't do service during the weekend and I was told that it would take another week or so to get it fixed once I get someone to call me on Monday to set up an appointment. Meanwhile, I have an infant that has soiled clothes on a daily basis from milk, spit up, etc.

Original review: March 30, 2018

I have one of the top load washers that can destroy itself in the spin cycle. Samsung did a recall and sent a “DISH” person that said he was not an appliance repair person, but trained only to install the stiffeners believed to hold the machine together during the spin cycle. Samsung then informed me they would give me another year warranty. Sounds good but... I am no longer suppose to use some of the features the washer has. The washer stopped working and when I call Samsung, they informed me they do not have anyone in my area (Richmond, VA, population 1,000,000+) that is “willing” to repair the washer.

When I call I get a big runaround, on hold for almost an hour one day, one person I spoke w/ told me they were in the Dominican Republic, but when I call back I could not talk w/ him again because calls are routed to different countries. Poor phone customer service, no warranty product service, their response to the washer failing during some rinse/spin cycles was to tell me to no longer use those cycles. No more Samsung for me!

Original review: March 26, 2018

Purchased Samsung washer Oct. 22, 2017. Labels around Washer Dial smeared off. After two chats, three calls, a Samsung repairman came out and the repair person's request for a replacement part was denied. I am told by Samsung that the paint used for the labels is water soluble! So if I clean with water (per their maintenance manual), I will wash off the labels. I used to LOVE Samsung for their customer service...not anymore.

Original review: March 26, 2018

We had our previous washer and dryer set for at least 10 years (which was given to us). I wanted a new updated set since we had a new laundry room. From about a week after I got the Samsung washer and dryer, I have hated them. I can’t even count how many repairs we have had to have done! I have told many people we know to NEVER buy Samsung. You will regret it! When you call for customer support, they are very rude. I wish we would’ve kept our old washer and dryer now!

Original review: March 25, 2018

Getting white powder stains inside the tub leaving build up on the items I have been washing. Now brown build up appearing inside tube as well. We have cleaned and ran empty cycles but we still have build up. Any suggestions how this might be fixed? We cleaned around the top of the ringer and the side small compartment. This is the same washer that had all those recalls about a year or two.

Original review: March 25, 2018

I bought this machine in January 2015 because our 15 year Maytag finally died. Thinking this machine had such wonderful features, sleek look and a huge capacity, besides being the "Top of the line Front Loader" I bought it at Best Buy. From day one I noticed problems with both the washer and dryer and called Samsung. Let's just say without having to write a book they blamed me and how I was using the machine. It wasn't until this past year did I notice after doing everything they said I needed to do all my clothes came out with these spots and small holes.

I was told these past few years to only use HE soap, not to use fabric softener, not to use bleach, make sure I clean the machine often, keep the door open to avoid any smell and I can go on and on and on. They sent people out, I showed them my clothes, they all agreed something is wrong but then went back to Samsung and said nothing is wrong and we don't know why her clothes are staining. They would make appointments, confirm them and then they canceled without letting me know. One of the service people said they already came out and if I want my machine fixed I needed to pay for them to come out and then pay for parts that were ordered they got and were supposed to bring but then canceled telling Samsung nothing is wrong. I speak to Samsung and they keep setting appointments and then Samsung will cancel. I have been on the phone for literally hours waiting to speak to someone only to then be disconnected.

Something needs to get done and there should be a class action lawsuit. They are intentionally, knowing their machines are substandard but charge 2500+, want you to buy an extended warranty even though it's supposed to have a 10 year on certain things. And when that goes out or is dripping oil or whatever, they say sorry your problem, pay up or shut up. I don't have one T-shirt or jeans that don't have what looks like oil or grease stains. I am a 51 year old widow who doesn't work with grease and even if I did, I certainly wouldn't use good shirts or jeans to do it in. I'm furious, I feel so ripped off of almost 5k on a machine that is junk. Now I have to go out and buy a new washer and dryer? Hello??? Is anyone out there hearing us??? PLEASE SOMEONE HELP US!!! HA! I have SEVERAL ORDER NUMBERS... HOW MANY Should I list. I don't care if you go to SAMSUNG! I have documented EVERYTHING and EVERY conversation!

Original review: March 23, 2018

Dryer went out last night and the repairman Samsung sent out and the customer service girl BOTH told me just to buy a different brand. (Speed Queen) was suggested...maybe take the advice of the employees. My 3 yr old dryer is garbage and they won't fix it. I even contacted the office of the CEO and they basically told me, "Too bad. We don't stand behind our products or the customer service we provide."

Original review: March 19, 2018

Samsung WA52M7750A - I have had this washer since 2/17/2018. Today is 3//18/2018 and I have already sanitized and self-cleaned this machine three times and my clothes come out smelling like mildew. I leave the lid open and dry out the inside and everything still smells mildewy. I am incredibly ticked off about this machine. It was purchased at Nebraska Furniture Mart in Texas. I am ready to send this machine back. Awful!!!

Original review: March 14, 2018

I bought Samsung washer and dryer about 3 or 4 year ago. Last year I have been noticing that my clothes especially the light colors have stained after drying it. Some would go away after rewashing but most of it the stain stayed permanently. Sometimes I blamed the kids for staining the clothes when I haven't discovered the source. Couple of days ago I bought a new mattress pad and before washing it I inspected every inch of the fabric to check for any flaws and I did not see anything. I want to wash it before using it.

After drying, I noticed a lot of spotty and long streaks of rusty stained. It really upsets me since the mattress pad was new and I haven't used it. I took a flashlight and check inside the dryer what’s causing the stains. In my surprise, I saw the heat vent (heat chambers) rusty and every time the dryer drum turns the clothes was rubbing on the rusty vent. I called Samsung to complain and the response was, it’s out of warranty and service will cause $200 to replace a cheap part that they used. My gosh. I upgraded my washer and dryer to newer technology since my old ones was so outdated but didn’t give that kind of problem. I spent thousands of dollars to have the latest technology and they put a cheap vent. The is corroding! The least that they can do is replace the vent with no charge! Samsung product are not cheap, but they used cheap parts.

Original review: March 9, 2018

Purchased this front load Samsung Washing Machine end of Jan 2017. It stated to leak underneath when it was just 12 months and 12 days old...and fortunately I paid for a 5 year extended warranty from Best Buy. Hopefully the next service call (3rd one) will replace the correct leaking hose. My problem with Samsung is apparently they do not stock these common hoses and maybe most parts in the US, but these parts have to be special ordered which takes about 2 weeks to get them. Since the first guess on the leaking hose was wrong, now I am waiting on the proper hose to replace factory defective hose...so my tenants have not had a working washer for 4 weeks. THIS IS RIDICULOUS THAT SAMSUNG DOES NOT STOCK THESE PARTS IN THE US. I WILL NEVER BUY A SAMSUNG APPLIANCE AGAIN.

Original review: March 9, 2018

Have had Samsung front loader for three years now. Bought at Lowe's with a warranty. Had a sudsing problem yesterday. Called Lowe's and had repairman out here today. Told me to just use self-clean cycle. Problem resolved. Excellent, rapid and polite response. Machine has been wonderful. Cleans clothes thoroughly. No lint left on clothes. No fabric tearing. Best machine I have ever had. Does not shake on spin cycle. Very quiet.

Original review: March 4, 2018

Purchased new washer model 7000 in March 2017. Have had issues from day 1. These machines don’t use enough water to properly wash clothes. You can press all the buttons you want to add extra time or water but clothes don’t wash or rinse properly. Always leaves residue from either soap or softeners. This is the worst washer we have ever owned. Samsung has sent 4 technicians over to look at the washer and they all say the same thing. They know the washer does not work properly because not enough water to actually wash the clothes. Please people read these reviews. They are all true. Samsung will make you give up by just sending techs over to change parts that don’t need to be changed. I am sure each service call has added up to way more than this piece of crap is worth. Oh by the way I do have a Samsung tv that works great. Maybe they should just stick to???

Original review: March 4, 2018

I purchased a Samsung top loader less than four years ago. The first thing I noticed was that the water wasn’t filling up enough to even cover the clothes and to clean them properly... actually leaves dry spots. Then within less than a year the motherboard went. Luckily, still under warranty. It then began to rust around the bleach cup area and lid. Now, it has a very bad leak. Instead of possibly having it repaired I have decided to junk it and never buy a Samsung again. We just purchased a Maytag with a five year warranty included in the price. My brother has the same washer and the bleach dispenser is starting to rust on his as well... Junk machine, do not recommend!

Original review: March 3, 2018

Samsung Front Load Washer: I suggest everyone stay away from Samsung home Appliances, especially washers. I had my washer recalled, have had constant problems with it since I purchased it and their service department is awful.

Original review: March 2, 2018

Being of short stature, I needed a set I could reach into. I did a lot of research and comparisons before choosing Samsung. The washer and dryer are both quiet and efficient. I only found two drawbacks so far; one is that sometimes the washer doesn't fill with enough water to totally saturate the load and the second is that the end of cycle signals are too quiet and often cannot be heard.

Original review: March 1, 2018

We purchased a new Samsung washer and dryer from Lowe's in 2016. In less than a year it was recalled because the tops were exploding off the machines. We then took a loss and had to pay more for an upgraded model. That model is right at a year old and it is malfunctioning. Called Samsung. The company stated, "No techs in this area and your warranty ran out yesterday". So, we called Lowe's and as usual, no help. So we had to find a service company that would service our machine from out of the area. Stay away from Samsung. Lowe's should be ashamed for selling these units. Samsung should be ashamed for building such an expensive yet poorly made product!

Original review: Feb. 28, 2018

Purchased the set 8/2017. First, I will not pay $600 for the hollow bases, when I just paid $1350 for the washer and dryer! Was surprised at how poorly the dryer handled a small blanket. It rolls blankets, sheets and larger items into a ball. When outside of ball is dry, sensor shuts it off. I am required to 'oversee' drying of larger items in order to complete the task. The washer has a similar interior to that of the dryer. It doesn't ball the clothing up, but twists it tightly into knots. Unraveling this mess isn't for the weak. The washer has never balanced and shakes the entire 2nd floor. I hope they fix this before I/we tell more people...

Original review: Feb. 27, 2018

Samsung dryer, model DV4SH7000EWAZ. I would not purchase another Samsung appliance. I purchased a washer and dryer set a year and a half ago. I began hearing grinding sounds the first year. I called customer service to have it repaired, and I was told that he had to hear the noise. Of course, I couldn't get it to make the noise at the time but described it the customer service agent. I told him that I was afraid it would catch on fire because of the metal grinding noise. We suddenly disconnected, and I never heard back from him.

I had already spent a couple of hours on the phone trying to resolve the issue, so I decided to wait until the machine made the noise all the time. I called back again after a year of ownership and was referred to a repair service. They also told me that the machine must make the noise while they are there, or I will be out a service call. Additionally, I would need a work order number from Samsung. Now, I must turn the drum to get it started. I am very unhappy with my dryer and will not purchase Samsung appliances again because of their poor warranty.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2018

After upgrading washer and dryer, was disappointed. I had to replace heating elements several times and got no satisfaction from tech. My kids bought me a new set for my birthday and Mother's Day. Refused to keep buying parts.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

So I bought my smart washer and dryer 2 years ago and we have had issues since day 1. Not to mention Samsung sent us a sticker to put on top of their original sticker with the settings. Now it just stopped working in the middle of a load and I had to ring out the clothes out myself. I'm very upset with Samsung and they're not willing to help me out at all in any way even though I have 10 year warranty. And the clothes have never really ever been cleaned properly because the washer does not work that well and never has. I would recommend not ever buying a Samsung washer and dryer.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

Bought the Samsung dryer (dv36j4000gw) in 2016 from Home Depot. 4 months in, and the roller is defective, luckily it was under warranty and the technician came out and replaced the roller. Fast forward another 16 months, to Feb/2018 - the dryer motor stops working, replaced the motor myself, and got it working for another 4 weeks, and today, the new motor fails, how can this piece of machinery be so POORLY manufactured and design!!! WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER SAMSUNG PRODUCT - IT'S A JOKE!!! My first Whirlpool dryer lasted 15 years with NO issue!!

Samsung Computers and Monitors expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Samsung's name is associated with quality, and produces everything from electronics to home appliances. Based in South Korea, the company generated a massive 305 billion dollars in 2014, employs nearly 500,000 people and sells its products to nearly every country in the world.

• Energy Star options galore: Many of Samsung's washers were designated under Energy Star's "Most Efficient" washers category in 2014, pointing to serious cost savings on energy. In fact, Samsung as a whole won Energy Star's Partner of the Year award for its commitment to energy efficiency.

• Noise-reduction: Samsung washers are known for their noise-reduction technology, meaning consumers can enjoy some peace and quiet while their washers run.

• Smart control features: Many Samsung washers bring control to a whole new level. Consumers can control washers from apps on their smartphones or interact with intelligent LCD panels to choose from a huge variety of washing options, speeds and automatic settings.

• Speed is built-in: Samsung washers are developed with speed in mind, with many models offering the SuperSpeed option. This can reduce washing times compared to standard washers by up to 50 percent, even for full loads.

• Best for: People who like advanced features, families and professionals.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs