Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

2022 Samsung Washers Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 19, 2019

Yesterday, on June 18th, 2019, I used the washer machine and the machine’s error code appeared while I was away from home. My boyfriend’s roommate messages us the error code dc. I noticed that the machine kept adding more water and additional time to extend the cycle’s interval and the loads would be really wet. So I called Samsung direct line 1-800-726-7864 and I was able to connect with the repair company called Tekniton. Teknition told me that the warranty for the recall of the machine was expired and I asked about extending it and not paying for inspection, labor, and parts.

I was advised to call back the 1-800 number and spoke to a representative named Nicole. She told me that she would speak to a supervisor to request for one time accommodation and to cover the repair. I was so thankful for that because my boyfriend called last March 2018 to get the same machine fixed. Now the machine needed to be repaired again and the costs were outrageous. So by noon of June 19th, 2019, I was able to schedule an appointment for repair service on Monday, June 24th, 2019!

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

Cleaning the gasket around the door is a real pain especially when you have a dog. The washer always smells no matter how often I clean it, I will never buy a front loader again. I heard that other people have the same problem with front loading washers of other brands. One thing I do love about this washer is the big capacity tub for large loads, I washed 2 sets of king sheets together and they came out perfect.

Get expert buying tips about Washers and Dryers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

My washer does a great job of cleaning all items it washes. Uses very little water. The machine weighs the load and uses the appropriate amount of water needed to get the job done. There is no rinse and hold cycle, which I really miss. To soak items, I have to let the machine run for a while so water amount can build up, then stop the machine for a while to soak the items. Inconvenient but effective.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

I'm on my second set of Samsung's W&D. The first washer was recalled due to exploding top. I used a generous rebate to purchase the replacement. While I didn't have any issues with the first one, I decided to not take any chances; it performed admirably. The replacement is just as good, however, there are times when the load (heavy) becomes unbalanced, requiring a re-shuffle of the contents. The dryer was purchased to match the new washer. It is way more advanced than the first, e.g., steam capable; mixed-load drying, plus. I'm into my third year with this combo; so far so good.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

This is by a long shot the best washer/dryer I have ever bought. It is very well thought out and for example I purchased a GE washer/dryer about 3 years ago, and started having problems right away with fungal growth around the agitator about 1 month after I bought it. GE denied there was a design flaw in their washer dryer combo and never fixed the combo machine. My laundry room always smelled like rotten eggs and my clothing looked grungy. I had to bring my clothes to the laundromat to get them clean. This machine is a hard working joy (the Samsung) compared to the GE. I was so ashamed and disgusted with the GE.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Computers and Monitors?

Original review: Sept. 22, 2019

Just know if you purchase a s.s. washer & dryer that they start to age at around 1 year and start to fall apart around 2 years and have a life expectancy of about 3.5 years. Washer had the exploding recall - had tags sent to put onto washer so we would use the correct setting. On regular wash setting an error has always occurred. The plastic inside shows wear and tear.... It's starting to age bad. The s.s. dryer died after 3 years- brought in a tech who took it apart and said some major part is broken and needed a new circuit hahaha - for $350. He wondered why we would not pay for a new circuit and have him install it for another $150 for it to stop working in a year. Less is more- no more bells and whistles.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

Order Samsung washer and dryer. Had delivery on their website for Saturday September the 14th. No one called and said they wouldn’t be coming. Called them and said they had the order but just hadn’t called to schedule the delivery. They show up Monday September 16th for delivery and Samsung didn’t send installation kits that I had paid for. And they don’t want to offer compensation for the time I’ve waited. Just wants to refund the kits I bought when I can’t get the kits in my home town. I’ll have to drive 1.5 hours one way to get one. I’ll never order from them again!!

Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

Bought the fancy Large capacity washer with the sanitizing capabilities. Paid over $1000 for it. It has NEVER cleaned my clothes correctly, no matter what setting it's on. It turns your blankets into a big twisted mushroom. It get unbalanced half the time. Tangles your clothes. And the machine itself is made out of the cheapest flimsy material they could find. Of course it's out of warranty, because there was hardly any warranty to begin with. I sure wish I had kept my old KENMORE, at least it cleaned my clothes. DO NOT purchase their Washer OR Dryers, because they are absolute garbage. Will NEVER purchase a SAMSUNG product again as long as I live!!!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

Samsung appliances are THE WORST appliances on the market for the price you pay. My front-load Samsung gave me problems after only two years. I live by myself and wash two to three loads a week. After only two years, an error code kept coming up. I would cut the washer off and unplug it for ten minutes, then it would run, sort of. Soooo, I unplugged it again and took off the front top panel where the electronics were situated. After carefully looking at a connection, I unplugged it and examined the condition of the terminals. One terminal was really corroded and could not be repaired.

I did a bypass by connecting a wire to the wire that went into the corroded terminal on both sides, and installed a terminal on the new wire so it could be disconnected if service was needed again. The washer worked fine for one year. Then the water pump went. I replaced it. Then a year later that water pump went. I replaced it again. Now the spider-arm went bad. Jes, I was an appliance technician from 1978 to 1982 and never saw such recurring problems from the USA-made appliances I repaired. DO NOT BUY SAMSUNG APPLIANCES.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2019

These Samsung washing machines really are a piece of crap! I went to wash a small mat today and it couldn’t even wash it before it went out on vibration overload and wouldn’t work again until I reset it! Dish had come out to install something on it and well that didn’t work! This is ridiculous that I spent good money on a washing machine and now can’t even wash my clothes properly! It takes all day just to do a load, plus the matching dryer is working overtime just to dry them. Samsung needs to do what’s right and replace these junk washers. I will NEVER buy another Samsung washer ever! Better yet I will never buy a Samsung product again! Junk appliances that Samsung won’t even back up to fix properly!!

Samsung Computers and Monitors expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Samsung's name is associated with quality, and produces everything from electronics to home appliances. Based in South Korea, the company generated a massive 305 billion dollars in 2014, employs nearly 500,000 people and sells its products to nearly every country in the world.

• Energy Star options galore: Many of Samsung's washers were designated under Energy Star's "Most Efficient" washers category in 2014, pointing to serious cost savings on energy. In fact, Samsung as a whole won Energy Star's Partner of the Year award for its commitment to energy efficiency.

• Noise-reduction: Samsung washers are known for their noise-reduction technology, meaning consumers can enjoy some peace and quiet while their washers run.

• Smart control features: Many Samsung washers bring control to a whole new level. Consumers can control washers from apps on their smartphones or interact with intelligent LCD panels to choose from a huge variety of washing options, speeds and automatic settings.

• Speed is built-in: Samsung washers are developed with speed in mind, with many models offering the SuperSpeed option. This can reduce washing times compared to standard washers by up to 50 percent, even for full loads.

• Best for: People who like advanced features, families and professionals.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs