Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

2006 Samsung Washers Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 19, 2019

Yesterday, on June 18th, 2019, I used the washer machine and the machine’s error code appeared while I was away from home. My boyfriend’s roommate messages us the error code dc. I noticed that the machine kept adding more water and additional time to extend the cycle’s interval and the loads would be really wet. So I called Samsung direct line 1-800-726-7864 and I was able to connect with the repair company called Tekniton. Teknition told me that the warranty for the recall of the machine was expired and I asked about extending it and not paying for inspection, labor, and parts.

I was advised to call back the 1-800 number and spoke to a representative named Nicole. She told me that she would speak to a supervisor to request for one time accommodation and to cover the repair. I was so thankful for that because my boyfriend called last March 2018 to get the same machine fixed. Now the machine needed to be repaired again and the costs were outrageous. So by noon of June 19th, 2019, I was able to schedule an appointment for repair service on Monday, June 24th, 2019!

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

Cleaning the gasket around the door is a real pain especially when you have a dog. The washer always smells no matter how often I clean it, I will never buy a front loader again. I heard that other people have the same problem with front loading washers of other brands. One thing I do love about this washer is the big capacity tub for large loads, I washed 2 sets of king sheets together and they came out perfect.

Get expert buying tips about Washers and Dryers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

My washer does a great job of cleaning all items it washes. Uses very little water. The machine weighs the load and uses the appropriate amount of water needed to get the job done. There is no rinse and hold cycle, which I really miss. To soak items, I have to let the machine run for a while so water amount can build up, then stop the machine for a while to soak the items. Inconvenient but effective.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

I'm on my second set of Samsung's W&D. The first washer was recalled due to exploding top. I used a generous rebate to purchase the replacement. While I didn't have any issues with the first one, I decided to not take any chances; it performed admirably. The replacement is just as good, however, there are times when the load (heavy) becomes unbalanced, requiring a re-shuffle of the contents. The dryer was purchased to match the new washer. It is way more advanced than the first, e.g., steam capable; mixed-load drying, plus. I'm into my third year with this combo; so far so good.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

This is by a long shot the best washer/dryer I have ever bought. It is very well thought out and for example I purchased a GE washer/dryer about 3 years ago, and started having problems right away with fungal growth around the agitator about 1 month after I bought it. GE denied there was a design flaw in their washer dryer combo and never fixed the combo machine. My laundry room always smelled like rotten eggs and my clothing looked grungy. I had to bring my clothes to the laundromat to get them clean. This machine is a hard working joy (the Samsung) compared to the GE. I was so ashamed and disgusted with the GE.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Computers and Monitors?

Original review: July 17, 2019

I got a front load washer in September of 2018. At first it was nice but 3 months later it smells like something died in it. No matter what I do to clean it, it still smells. I've ran the 3 hour, YES 3 hour clean cycle and still smells. Samsung said they don't fix smells. Really!!! Well can you fix a washer.

Original review: July 14, 2019

I bought a Samsung Washer to replace my old one. I found our washed clothes had a smell that we did not have before. And I watched how the new Samsung washer washed our clothes. It washes clothes with too little water in the tank that there is no way it can wash anything clean. The washer just spins the clothes back-and-forth without any flipping. The clothes near its bottom maybe get cleaned, but the majority of the clothes are not touched. And there are no programs in the machine you can select to make this better.

Simply put, Samsung Washer is not designed to wash clothes clean. The only thing the machine does is to soak and spin dry. Most of the people who bought Samsung's washer probably do not realize the machine cannot do a good job cleaning. If you change clothes every day, your clothes never get too dirty, and you may not notice that the Samsung machine cannot do a good cleaning job. I used a GE washer before and I watched how my GE washer worked. You only need a common sense to judge which is better. I just do not understand how a company like Samsung can sell a product with a so stupid design.

Original review: July 11, 2019

I bought a Samsung VRT Plus washer in Oct of 2018. I didn't receive it until the end of Jan 2019. The add-door never worked properly but was I was still happy to at least have a washer again, so I over-looked it. March of 2019 I started to get a 4C blinking and beeping on the operation electronic control panel and it wouldn't wash or let me turn off to start over. It would take all day just to get a load done. After contacting the company finally June 4 they assured me they would fix it, replace, or refund money. I have made 10 calls in 2 months with each saying it will be taken care of. I have to stay on the phone anywhere from an hour to 3 hours to talk to refund company.

If they call me back and I miss the call they close the file. They expect me to stay by the phone until I receive their call. When I have stayed glued to the phone, they don't call. So today I call them back only to find out the refund department is closed today on a Thursday (the day they were supposed to call me). My warranty should start from the time it was delivered (3 months later) and they say it will but they say I bought it in Oct and at this point I don't believe they will honor that. I feel they are jerking me around until Oct to allow the warranty to expire. I am truly frustrated with this company! I have purchased many Samsung items in the past from phones and tablets to appliances...I will think twice the next time!!!

Original review: July 8, 2019

Before buying a Samsung Dryer do a quick search for "Samsung cracked drum" and you'll find thousands of dryer owners who have experienced one or more times when the cheap stainless steel drum cracks along the poor weld seams. Samsung refuses to do anything about it, but they will happily sell you a new drum with the exact same defect for another $300+. Many people found a workaround by buying older, higher quality drums but Samsung figured that out and discontinued that replacement drum, forcing owners to try and repair drums themselves or suck it up and buy another replacement drum from Samsung (usually every 2-3 years). Yes, their dryers look great and work but they have a major manufacturing flaw and won't stand behind their products!

Original review: July 2, 2019

We purchased brand new Samsung washer and dryer at Home Depot in Las Vegas and they installed it and after few loads washer started leaking water! Spend all day on phone with HD and Samsung trying to get it replaced and they told me I had to wait 6 days to get tech out. Got mad and told them to come and pick up both and I want full refund! Also called HD credit card and made them aware of this! Never again buying SAMSUNG products.

Original review: June 25, 2019

I remember when Samsung made televisions, and they worked well. They should have stuck to that. Our washer lasted just over a year. Will not be buying any Samsung products anymore. $1000 for a year is shameful. I would give zero stars if I could. Buyer beware. Stick with the companies that know how to make washers and dryers.

Original review: June 23, 2019

Bought brand new washer and dryer 3 years ago. The washer model# WF45K6500A began giving an error code of 4C within a few months of using the machine. Contacted Samsung about the warranty and was given a phone number for service repair. The business had no voicemail and no other number was provided. Called Samsung back after two weeks of trying and they finally got the guy to call me. He lives in a small town 60 minutes away. There was no other tech in the area and I live five minutes from Lowe’s in a metro area of over 500k people. We got the machine to run before the tech came back but only if we used tap cold water. Did this for two years because we knew we wouldn’t get any help from Samsung. The thing had finally quit working and flashed the code for a leak where there isn’t any leak and will not reset even if I turn the breaker on and off. Buy something else because this is one thousand dollar mistake.

Original review: June 23, 2019

Purchased the Samsung washer WA48J7700A on December 31st of 2016 as a New Year's gift to myself. This particular model has all the bells and whistles. Well less than 2 1/2 years later, it’s ready for the scrap man. Stops between cycles, and there is no solution for fixing it. Tried everything known to man/woman. At the time of purchase, Consumers Report rated it high in quality as well as performance. I swear, I sometimes think these companies pay to get a favorable review. So that was my reason for purchasing this model. Will never buy another Samsung appliance.

Original review: June 20, 2019

I have a three year old Samsung washer that was giving me HC error codes. After numerous calls to tech support they said they would need to send out a service tech. Since it was just past the three year extended warranty, this cost was not covered. Repair tech determined that it would need "$400-500 worth of parts and labor" to get it running again. This 'diagnosis' cost me almost $200. Now I am stuck... Do I spend the money on this in the hopes that it won't break again, or do I just go buy a new one (anything but Samsung) that has an extended warranty?

Original review: June 19, 2019

Samsung Washer 3 years old has a mold build up. WA 45H7000 W/A2, this model are all like this. Had a pre approved refund and a shipping place to call to pick up said washer so they could inspect it (these are the same models that were exploding). For over two weeks they said the refund was on its way. One person called Kevin even told me last week the check was in transit with UPS. These people are from the Dominican Republic. They tell me now that I will get a phone call from the higher ups to explain the situation. You really don't want to do any business with Samsung, just look at their reviews on Google. I have filed a complaint with the Attorney General. Buyer of any Samsung products BEWARE!!

Original review: June 18, 2019

After 5 years of use, the dryer drum has cracked at the welding points. Had high-Yelp-rated appliance repair company look at it. They said that it’s most likely a mfg defect. Samsung didn’t care, wouldn’t provide any accommodations. Will never buy another Samsung product again with this type of shotty workmanship.

Original review: June 14, 2019

My decision to buy a Samsung top load washer was the worst decision I have ever made. What a disappointment and a total waste of 700. They charge you to come look and then say nothing is wrong. It cannot do two towels at one time. I could go on and on. Just don't waste your time and money. I will never again buy a Samsung product. I had to give one star in order for the review to work. It deserves 0 stars.

Original review: May 16, 2019

Please,be aware!!!! Purchased Samsung washer and drier from Home Depot in 2016. Washer was recalled 3 month later and replaced for newer model WA7450 5.0 cu. ft. Top Load Washer. MODEL NUMBER: WA50M7450AW/A4. 5 months later loud noise while spinning, off balance of unit caused control panel to break, still on warranty. Samsung replaced and mechanical and cosmetic parts... 4 month after repairs were done the same problem and Samsung Refuses to fix it even washer still on Extended warranty, saying they can not fix the same parts because it was already fixed. Washer has balance issues, some models a part of class action lawsuit, no wonder why... People, BE AWARE DON'T BUY SAMSUNG APPLIANCES!!!!

Original review: May 16, 2019

This Samsung washer - WF45R6100AC – was purchased from Lowe’s along with five-year warranty and installed by XPO (Lowe’s uses XPO for northeast delivery/installation services). I was not happy with the installation. It was slightly rocking at one corner (not the other) and the guy didn’t level the machine. I called the Lowe’s and had XPO come again. But now it rocks on both sides after they leveled it and XPO says I am rocking the machine too hard. I am not, and before, it was only rocking on one side! Make sure you get the installers to level the machine because the first thing manufacturers ask you if you call them with a problem is if it is level. Getting to the washer:

Pros:

1) The washer is very quiet, especially in spin cycle. But it does make noise in spin cycle when using small load, because all front-load washers have trouble with underloads and overloads. Draining noise is also quieter than others.

2) Vibration control works better than other washers. But don’t be fooled, there is still some floor vibration if you stand next to the washer, even in low spin speed setting(see below)!

3) Has a nifty spring based button at the door to keep it ajar to dry better after washing.

Cons:

1) Does not clean well. I feel the washer does not clean clothes very well. I had jeans used for yard work having grass stains at the bottom that were completely cleaned with our old Whirlpool front-load Duet. But with this Samsung, I still saw grass stains remain even after three washes. It faded more after the second wash, but no results after that. Nonetheless, not a complete clean like the old washer. The type or amount of detergent was not changed. If the old washer cleaned like this Samsung, the jeans bottom would have been a greener color after couple of months.

Maybe the warm wash isn’t really warm enough. Or maybe, the lack of a more thorough cleaning is because it spends most of the time in wash cycle, where there is little water, and rinse cycles are very, very short. Short as in maybe about 30 seconds at most. Our old Whirlpool which cleaned clothes much better spent at least five minutes in each of the two rinse cycles. I wish the new 2019 Whirlpools weren’t so vibration prone (we tried two already).

2) Uses too much water? I couldn’t believe the amount of water this washer uses in rinse cycles. The washer rinsed laundry with water for more than one minute in the final rinse cycle. I believe the washer uses more water for each rinse cycle than it does for the entire wash cycle.

3) VRT issues. I noticed a curious thing with this washer. The washer rinses the laundry with water in final spin cycle! I have observed it doing this at least at two different times within the same spin cycle. I find that this happens when there is an uneven drum, but I also noticed it with an empty drum. I believe the washer does it in order to use that extra water to help balance out an uneven drum, to reduce vibrations in spin cycle. This is how a top-loader tries to mitigate an uneven drum, by using water to shift the weight around. I asked Samsung support and they claim to not know about this and told me to contact the store, I am assuming for a return or an exchange because it is brand new.

But I don’t think Samsung is divulging the truth here because it would be bad for sales. What this ultimately does is dampen the same clothes which you are trying to drain off water. I had to dry a full laundry spun at Medium spin cycle in the Samsung for more than two hours when the same clothes wouldn’t have taken more than 40 minutes to dry after being spun at Medium spin in the old washer. In Low spin cycle, the water rinse is about seven seconds before the spin cycle ends, which makes the situation even worse than Medium cycle. And because of washer’s ability to somewhat balance the load in spin cycle, I believe the washer takes on more uneven distribution of loads around the drum before final spin, with the goal of spending less time trying to distribute clothes.

4) Deceptive spin speed. In the advertised specifications, the max spin speed was listed at 1200 RPM. I tried a Quick wash cycle with about 4lbs of laundry. The washer automatically uses High spin as the default spin setting for Quick wash and Heavy Duty cycles. However, I observed abnormal vibrations, especially at the top of the washer. I immediately called Samsung ‘Stop Sign’ support and asked them how much speed was used for High spin. To my surprise, she said it was 1600 RPM! I asked how much Medium speed was and she said 800 RPM. She didn’t have data for Medium-High spin setting. I assume the listed 1200 RPM is for Medium-High setting, which is the default spin speed setting for Normal cycle and majority of other cycles.

Also, even when using Low speed, the washer seems to spin very fast such that I don’t really know what is the difference between these spin speed settings. Personally, I don’t think there is a speed difference in RPM between Medium-High, Medium, and Low spin speed. The only difference between them seems to be the amount of time each spin setting spends at the highest RPM. High spin speed seems to be the only one with a different spin speed, and quite high at that. This is important because we have vibration issues and if the washer is still spinning at a very high RPM in Medium or Low spin setting, then what is exactly the point of those settings? We also purchased the washer with the hope that Medium-High spin setting would be around 1000 RPM, like our old washer, not 1200 RPM.

5) Door banging. This is a minor or major issue, but in the beginning of spin cycle, the door bangs out from the inside, almost like the laundry or drum is slamming at it. Doesn’t matter the size of the laundry. This alarms me because door’s inside is glass, and I am afraid it might break or crack. I have seen YouTube videos of other Samsung washers doing the same before entering spin.

6) Display issues. The display is kind of a mess. The power button should be located in a different place than right above the start/pause button. I have accidentally touched the power button when wanting to pause only to end the entire cycle. Also, the ‘door lock’ indicator is the same color as the rest of indicators, and not very conspicuous. I wish it was red and more distinguishable. The installers originally tried to open when the door was locked, because they didn’t realize the door locked indicator was lit. Finally, the melody at the end of cycle gets a bit irritating with time. But the button to turn off the melody also turns off the end of cycle signal.

I wish there was a front-load washer without direct drive motor. All these new washers have them and they all have abnormal spin conditions and chooses to spin at a very high RPM, seemingly ignoring user input for spin setting. Our old belt-driven front-load was better at cleaning and with much less vibrations. I believe belt driven is better for vibration control because the belt adds additional support frame for the drum in the back, whereas with direct drive, the drum is free-floating in the back with a heavy motor installed at its back.

Some tips using a front-load: Always use HE soap in moderation. Leave the door completely open after washing until dryer is complete, then leave it slightly ajar. Always do the washer cleaning cycle monthly and give the rubber gasket and inside of the rubber gasket a wipe down with diluted bleach monthly. Another is loading clothes properly. You have to load the clothes front to back so they don’t turn into a ball of mass. And even though one can wash small items, I always find that the washer has trouble with balancing both the small loads and full drum loads. Even if somewhat balanced, there can be vibrations. Because in small loads, the weight will shift to one side more, and when full, the washer might be near its max weight-capacity. If one finds problems with small loads, try adding a couple of dry towels to help balance the load.

Additionally, I found an online Samsung resource that states the 2/3rd full drum is considered to be full load. Another online source says that a perfect load is where one can fit their hand above the laundry and touch the back of the drum. Essentially, a perfect load is considered such that only your hand and your laundry can fit inside the drum, drum about 3/4th full. I find that following this approach leads to most balanced drum during spin cycle of most washes, leading to the least vibrations. So, do not overload, and do not underload. We will be returning or exchanging the washer. I haven’t made up my mind yet solely because of the washer’s better vibration control when compared to others. Three stars for effort.

P.S. I originally submitted this review in Lowe’s.com first, but it seems they don’t want to publish it. So, be careful when reading online reviews as manufacturers and dealers will not publish critical reviews. This is why there are so many glowing reviews and little critical/negative reviews. I understand, it’s business, and they have to sell the item.

Original review: May 11, 2019

My washer machine Samsung have less than two years, I am very unpleasant, the clothes come out very dirty. This machine leaves the clothes with a grime and very dirty. You must to remove all grime with your hands (on the clothes and inside the machine).

Original review: May 11, 2019

High energy dryer but can’t pick in drop down menu. I have only had my expensive high end Samsung dryer for a little over two years. Replaced the belt on it last month, no problem, but now I have to replace the motherboard as it will not heat anymore. Spent over $300 in repairs already and motherboard will be another $200 on a fairly new machine, that had only 1 year warranty. I will never buy another Samsung product, their support was fine but they had a repair company call me that was unwilling to quote me a price on a replacement without charging me for coming out. Terrible product terrible service.

Original review: May 7, 2019

We bought a Samsung washer and dryer for our summer home 18 months ago. We have used it for approximately 30 loads. The washer broke and Samsung doesn't care. The first time we called, which was yesterday, the girl said it was under warranty and they would call us back to make arrangements to service it. Today someone else called and said they would do nothing. I am confused, they both had the same information. I also have a set of Samsung washer/dryer at my main home and had to replace a part in the dryer after about 1 year. Stay away from their products, they are not built to last and they do not stand by their products.

Original review: April 23, 2019

Bought a Samsung top loading washer and it is the worst appliance purchase in my life. First, the motherboard malfunctioned and had to be replaced. Second, unless it is set on the bedding cycle, there is not enough water to properly wash clothes. I could live with that. However, now the clothes come out worse/dirtier than when they went in. The clothes are always covered with specks of leaf like material on the clothes, lint, dirt, etc. We tried taking the machine apart and cleaning, but that was a nightmare also. Also, the manual is JUST AS BAD AS THE WASHER! "Clean the interior of the machine following the instructions"... NO instructions. IF I COULD RATE THIS WASHING MACHINE ZERO STARS, I WOULD. I will never buy another Samsung appliance of any kind!!!!! Samsung should stick to electronics, not appliances. Although seriously considering not buying any more Samsung ANYTHING!!!

Original review: April 17, 2019

I bought a new front loading washing machine and dryer on 9/1/2018. After three months the washer started vibrating on the spins cycle. The tech, who has now been out four times to fix the problem told me that the washer was not designed to sit on the drawer cabinet and that is why it vibrates. Then he told me that if I used a slower spin speed it would stop the vibration. The last service call the tech said I should do smaller loads. Now I am having a problem with the dryer. Fabric gets stuck between the drum and the housing. The tech was supposed to be here on 4/16/2019. I stayed home all day and no one showed up. I asked Home Depot to take them back and issue a refund. The Home Depot will only take the machines back for 90 days. After that Samsung has to agree to take the machines back. NOT HAPPY.

Original review: April 17, 2019

Updated on 05/29/2019: I've been trying for a year to get my refund or to get reimbursed for my top loader washing machine. Mind you they sent Dish Network. They showed up three days in a row on Memorial Day weekend and ruined my whole holiday weekend working on my washing machine and promised me I would get a refund for it. It is Memorial Day weekend also again and I still not received my refund check for my washing machine a year later. I have spent hundreds of hours on the phone with Samsung trying to get this resolved. Buy it from H. H. Gregg or which went belly-up and is no longer open!

Original Review: I have been on the phone with them over 50 times. Have not had any progress at all with getting my money returned to me over this hunk of junk washing machine and I'm not able to wash any clothes. I've made text messages which I have saved. I have also emails from them explaining all this sending them pictures. Have been on hold over 50 times. I have been disconnected. I have been transferred. I have made numerous attempts to take care of this issue without any.

Original review: April 15, 2019

I have a Samsung Washer who had a recall and the Samsung support department tell us they are going to refund us, and they are going to send us an email to start the refund process and we never received that email neither a call. We were complying three times and always said they are going to do something and we still waiting...We have a big family and need to resolve this fast!

Original review: April 14, 2019

I purchased a Samsung Flexwash (dual washers) and a Dual Dryer in February of 2018 for about $3500. About three weeks ago the washer decided to throw an error 18:8j which is not in the manual. Since we were 2 months out of warranty, I had no choice to call a local service person. However, in my area no one will work on Samsung appliances. Finally found one person that would attempt to look at it and said the PCB board was the common issue. Had that replaced with same results. Today we are still running to the laundromat to do laundry and on top of the $3500 I paid I am already an additional $400 with the fail attempted service repair. Bottom line is I will not own another Samsung appliance again. Overengineered....

Original review: April 2, 2019

Model WA48H7400A Samsung washer. The washer only lasted 3 years. It was diagnosed with a sub-board or motherboard malfunction and could cost somewhere from $300- or more to fix. We are very dissatisfied and disappointed to say the least and will never purchase a Samsung appliance again.

Original review: March 28, 2019

Noises and can’t change side door which I want to swap door side and it won’t allow me and sometimes get mold smell and hard to push off to clean it out - the price was ok. I didn’t like to hear many noises too.

Original review: March 27, 2019

Washer stopped working many times. Each time I discover a broken wire. Thank god, I can fix these wire. They are using gauge 28 and 30 wires for a machine that needs at least gauge 18 to accommodate vibration and shaking of the machine especially during rinsing and spinning. Simple wiring is trash.

Samsung Computers and Monitors expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Samsung's name is associated with quality, and produces everything from electronics to home appliances. Based in South Korea, the company generated a massive 305 billion dollars in 2014, employs nearly 500,000 people and sells its products to nearly every country in the world.

• Energy Star options galore: Many of Samsung's washers were designated under Energy Star's "Most Efficient" washers category in 2014, pointing to serious cost savings on energy. In fact, Samsung as a whole won Energy Star's Partner of the Year award for its commitment to energy efficiency.

• Noise-reduction: Samsung washers are known for their noise-reduction technology, meaning consumers can enjoy some peace and quiet while their washers run.

• Smart control features: Many Samsung washers bring control to a whole new level. Consumers can control washers from apps on their smartphones or interact with intelligent LCD panels to choose from a huge variety of washing options, speeds and automatic settings.

• Speed is built-in: Samsung washers are developed with speed in mind, with many models offering the SuperSpeed option. This can reduce washing times compared to standard washers by up to 50 percent, even for full loads.

• Best for: People who like advanced features, families and professionals.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs