Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.70/5

Samsung is a leading appliance and electronics brand headquartered in Seoul. Samsung makes multiple home products, including smart vacuums, kitchen appliances and laundry appliances, including washers. The company’s washers are widely available online and in retail stores nationwide.

BOTTOM LINE

Samsung is a great choice for consumers who like options. The company sells economical and luxury choices with energy-efficient and smart technology features.

PROS

• Energy-efficient
  • Long product life
  • Multiple price points
  • Financing available

CONS

• Short return period
  • Can be pricey

Top Samsung Washers Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Washers?

The Samsung washer dryer combo works really well in small spaces. We live in a condo and we love it because of its size … It's so easy to use, just wash a load of clothes and when you're done just turn the dryer cycle on, no need taking wet clothes out and putting them in another machine.

Very well made- we do laundry 5 days a wk. 1 issue in 5yrs. Highly recommended by me. I'm Samsung washer and TVs type of person. Check them out first, you won't want to look at any other. They do run some great specials at certain times of the yr. SAMSUNG FOREVER.

About Samsung Washers

Samsung washers offer a variety of features to make cleaning your clothes simple, fast and energy-efficient.

Samsung washers are available as 2-in-1, front-load and top-load models. The company offers several colors, including white, champagne-colored or fingerprint-resistant black stainless steel. Samsung washers are available online and at major retailers and home improvement stores, including Best Buy, Home Depot, Lowe’s and Sears.

Available features and functions include:

• FlexWash
    • AddWash
    • activewash
    • Steam-washing technology
    • ENERGY STAR-certified
    • Wi-Fi connectivity
    • Vibration-reduction technology
    • Super speed

Each Samsung washing machine includes several settings for water temperature, cycle length, spin speed and soil levels. Some Samsung washers can be paired with Alexa or Google Assistant to let you control the appliance remotely.

To care for your Samsung washer, be sure to use the right detergent, avoid overloading the washer and move clean clothes from the washer as soon as the cycle is complete.

Samsung washing machine price

Samsung washers start at $600 and can cost up to $1,900. Front-load washers cost more than top-load washers, and adding certain features, such as Wi-Fi capability or vibration-reduction technology, increases the final cost of the appliance. Samsung has sales throughout the year and frequently offers free shipping on its products. Financing is available for qualified buyers.

Samsung Washers FAQ

How long do Samsung washing machines last?
    With proper maintenance, a Samsung washing machine can last up to 15 years. Washing machines that are used more frequently than average, however, may not last as long as expected.
    What Samsung washers have been recalled?
    Samsung recalled 34 models of high-efficiency, top-loading washers sold between March 2011 and November 2016. You can view a full list of the affected models and what to do next on the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission’s website.
    How long is the Samsung washing machine warranty?
    Samsung includes a 24-month warranty on all washers. You can also purchase an extended warranty that covers the repair or replacement of your appliance for an additional one to five years.
    How does Samsung front load washer work?
    Front-load washers fill the bottom of the inner tub with water and use the side paddles and rotational spinning to lift the clothes in and out of the water, which removes dirt and stains from fabric. Many people prefer front-load washers, though they do tend to be heavier, noisier and more expensive.

Are Samsung Washers good?

The features and functions of Samsung washers make the company a popular choice in the industry. With options to pretreat, steam and speed wash clothes, you can spend less time doing laundry. A limited number of Samsung washing machine models have been recalled, but overall, we recommend Samsung washers because they are energy-efficient, reliable and can last up to 15 years.

Samsung Washers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Washers?

Original review: May 24, 2020

In general our machine is absolutely perfect. There are a few little idiosyncrasies, like the center cap on top of the lower drum axle, that's made out of plastic. It looks like chrome, but it's plastic. And it breaks at least once a year, and you have to buy one off of eBay or Amazon. The only other complaint is the whole mess around Samsung switching out the labels on the dial because of the betting balance issue. Kind of a pain in the ** really but it was a one-time deal. All in all love this machine.

Original review: May 21, 2020

Our washer worked great for almost a year. Then, while my wife and I were at work, a loud alarm went off on my phone. I received message that my main water was shut off and a leak sensor was triggered. It turns out the filter drain was leaking. We have replaced the drain plug and seal, but it still leaks. This is the third Samsung product that we loved when we saw. Liked the features and how it worked and then... Something small throws a damper on the mood. Our Samsung microwave just died too.

Get buying tips about Washers and Dryers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 15, 2020

We finally got an energy efficient washer. We weren’t used to no agitator but googled the difference. The newer washers push water through the clothes vs the old way of pushing the clothes through the water. It fills with only a fraction of water estimated by the weight of the articles. That scared us at first as it didn’t seem to add enough water to possibly wash clothes and get them clean. After more researching and doing loads of laundry. This Samsung has gotten the clothes much cleaner. I don’t like how it takes longer to wash clothes with these machines but it is what it is. The machine is very quiet vs our old ones. We no longer have to shut our laundry room door. We forget it’s even going until it plays a song when done.

Original review: May 13, 2020

Constantly goes off balance and washer needs to be stopped to readjust load even after serviceman balances it. Easy to use but paint is easily scratched if laundry basket is set on top and removed without lifting straight up so any other kind of contact would probably take paint right off. Getting correct amount of liquid detergent for load is difficult to eyeball. Disappointed in extended warranty, company does not send a reminder and only warranty to purchase is 5 year for $500, I'll just put $100 away each year since the washer is only a 400-500 value, depending upon where you buy it. The machine works well after 3 years now and the only real issue I have is that it doesn't stay in balance. Would I buy it again, yes, if it extends past a 10-15 year mark like my previous washers have. My Kenmore lasted for over 20 years so I'm hoping I will hit that mark with my Samsung.

Original review: May 12, 2020

This wash machine has a wide variety of settings for washing. The bedding and waterproof items setting is very helpful. Without the center cylinder things like this can tangle, but not so in this setting. The spin cycle does a great job. Much less dryer time is needed. The water jet inside the washer is super handy to touch up items with a stain before the load. I wondered if I would use the deep fill water option since my old machine used a lot more water. But I have not felt the need to use it yet, this washer gets clothes nice and clean without all the extra water. I love that it reminds me when it is time to clean the machine. The self clean cycle is great. You will enjoy the little chime that goes off when the load is done. Highly recommend this washer!

Original review: Feb. 27, 2021

I bought a washer and dryer in 2017. In 2019 I needed a repair for the washer and another repair in 2021. We asked for a repair Feb 2 and the repairman returned twice unable to repair 3 weeks later. Now I’m told it’s the wiring?!! After all the repair parts paying for the service guy it would be cheaper to give me a new machine. Ridiculous! Yes I bought insurance. Samsung should read this and give me a new machine I’m very dissatisfied.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2021

I normally don't write reviews but I feel this needs to be heard has it's a big company vs the little guy and I feel powerless. The door hinge has broken down 3 times after being serviced 3 times and it continues to leak water all over the floor. I have tried so many times to to remedy this with Samsung but they refuse to accept responsibility. I just feel they are trying to pick on the little guy. They have my money and now they couldn't care less to fix the issue. They even said the technicians say there is no fault. It doesn't take an expert to know that a leaking washing machine is faulty. Aside from that, the machine is really noisy. It is not acceptable for such an expensive product to fail 3 times within 8 months. Never buy from them! This has caused me so much stress and hassle not to mention inconvenience. A video of the leak can be found here: **.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2021

Noticed rust on the rim of our Samsung WA50M7450AW/A4 Top Loading Clothes Washer. Samsung will do nothing about it. It's a problem they know about, eventually staining/ruining wash loads, but Samsung will do nothing. The machine is built in Thailand, and it turns out they have manufacturing problems. Samsung chat is no help, rep just says "get a technician to diagnose" when the diagnosis is already clear - lots of rust. Machine is only 2 years old.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2020

Our Samsung top load washer has been a nightmare since the beginning. Before we even had it a year, it was recalled for some kind of exploding problem when washing bedding. They offered a miniscule amount of money or a free recall repair. Dumb me took the repair. Next problem is that if you use the "Aqua Jet" deep clean function, it actually makes your clothes dirtier because it slings brown and black mold/dirt/slime flakes all over your clothes.

I regularly run the self clean function - this only makes things worse. Google "Samsung top load washer makes clothes dirty" to read a gazillion accounts of this problem. Clearly it is another design flaw. Do they offer to fix it or give you your money back - no. My latest problem... the lid is now broken near the left hinge. Again, another quick search of their customer discussion boards shows a ton of people have this exact same problem. Their response? It is no longer under warranty - contact a repair center and spend more money to fix it. No way am I sinking more money into this as I know it will just be a regular repair every couple of years assuming I can even get the parts that long. The dryer I purchased with this unit has its own set of annoying problems, although they are not as bad as the washer. I will NEVER buy another Samsung appliance again. They really should just stick to phones.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2020

I have owned my Samsung top load washing machine since the end of Oct. 2018. About 18 months after purchasing it, the computer stopped receiving signals from the keypad. After much haggling on my part, Samsung thru their service center sent a repair person to replace the computer at no cost to me. That was October of 2020. It is now December of 2020, and the machine/computer is doing the same thing. It is not working. I have spoken with Samsung, and they are telling me it is up to the service company to decide if the next repair/replace should be at no charge. You should not have to purchase an extended warranty for a new product. I will never buy another Samsung product for my home or anywhere else. The quality is bad, and the warranty that they offer does not cover the computer.

Samsung Washers Company Information