Samsung Washers

Compare Washers and Dryers

Research top Washers and Dryers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Activewash AquaJet VRT washer-I purchased this washer for the sink option which is pretty cool but honestly don't use much. This is a larger washer than I need but figured bigger was better than too small... Wrong. When you do small loads it throws the washer off balance. I called Samsung and their comment was that this was normal and it states this in the manual (which it does), according to Samsung small loads don't need to be spun. WTH? This is only true if you want to run your dryer for 2+ hours to get them dry. Also, the only cycle that basically works for any size load is normal.

All the other cycles have spin issues. There was a recall for my machine but their solution to the problem was to send me a stick on label to replace over the cycle selector which changes the cycle you use for bedding or heavy duty loads to a low spin cycle which means your clothes come out soaking wet and again take FOREVER to dry. How can you make a washer that cannot properly spin the clothes? This is basic functionality!

Multi steam vent sensor dryer-I have a gas dryer which first off was a nightmare getting installed (not Samsung's fault), I finally get the dryer installed and ask the installer about the steam feature and he proceeds to tell me that you need to purchase a separate install kit to use the steam/wrinkle/refresh features and then I can call them back to install that, for another fee of course... Needless to say I was pissed that no one told me that upfront. Also, the auto dry features rarely ever gets all the clothes completely dry (waistband on jeans always damp). The minimum dry time on auto dry is 1 hour and 15 minutes and still not dry. I will not be purchasing Samsung products in the future.

Samsung top-load recall or lack of one. Claims they will fix the problem but in actuality it's a minor patch. The repair guy even admitted it was not a FIX! I want my money back! How can they be allowed to still sell these pieces of junk? This is America and the consumers shall be protected. Someone needs to stand up and fight for us as the courts won't!

After many repair attempts, yesterday Samsung sent Cyber World Electronics, LLC out to look at my washer (Model#WF42H5000AW/A2). After 5 months of issues and 2 repair companies later, this company ended up replacing the main wire harness which was broken. It was at the back of the washing machine and this harness holds the wires tight so that the washer can run properly. Because mine was broken, it caused months of issues concerning the rinse/spin cycle. When I washed my laundry it would take hours to complete a load because it was stuck on the rinse/spin cycle and even when it completed a cycle the clothes would come out damp/wet because the spin cycle was so slow.

Anyway the repair guy replaced the part, made sure it was tight and since then the washer has been running like it did the first day it was installed. If you are having issues with the rinse/spin cycle and it takes hours to finish the cycle and the clothes/towels are still really wet, have them replace this part. I assume it originally broke during shipping/delivery. I think Samsung should be aware of this and it may be the answer to the rinse/spin issue! Check the wire harness!

Purchased the Samsung washing machine. The quick cycle will sometimes take hours. The sensor is off. The fabric slot doesn't empty and the bleach opening is solid rust all around. The recall on the machine had one service out here leaving the top not secured down and machine unbalanced. The second service yet to arrive gave me a window of time from 9 am till 7 pm--the service is disgusting. Calling the company to vent just gets the usual rot comments. I just got in the mail a sticker which tell you not to use the heavy duty cycle to do larger things. All in all I would have gotten the same results if I pasted duct tape over the heavy duty spot to remind me not to use it at least I wouldn't have had to wait 10 hours for a repair service to fix what another repair service messed up.

I bought a top loader washer in November 2015. It is now May of 2017 and the washer goes nuts when it's on spin. It bangs and completely moves all over the place. I placed a service call first to Lowe’s because we bought the warranty. That department sent someone out to fix the problem but honestly it got worse. I call back and they tell me Samsung is sending another part. Fast forward 3 weeks and the part never arrived. I then contact Samsung support and put a service ticket in with them because my warranty is still active with them. Fast forward another two weeks and I contact them again and they tell me that I was unreachable and they had to close the ticket!!! What!!! I was very upset. What does that mean unreachable? My email, telephone number and address are still the same! I had a Whirlpool dryer for 12 years before I had to service it. I'm going back to Whirlpool, screw the pretty of Samsung, their products are junk.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Computers and Monitors?

Purchased a Samsung front load washer. Leaks from door area where rubber ripped when removing clothes. Repaired three times. Last time replacement requested. Replacement also leaks. Whatever you do, do NOT buy Samsung front load washers. Worst product I have ever purchased. I would not wish a Samsung front load washer on my worst enemy. Samsung does not stand by their products and they have flooded the market with these pieces of crap. I have to question whether North Korea built this product or not.

I purchased a Samsung WA50F9A8DSW top load washer in 2014. As soon as the 1-year warranty expired, the washer started shaking violently when it entered the spin cycle and then shutting down and displaying error code 8E2. In 2016, I received notice that my washer was one of the units involved in the massive Samsung top load washer recall. In this recall, Samsung offered to either come to my house to bolt the lid down tighter on my machine or to give me a credit on a new machine (the credit is double if you decide to buy a new Samsung washer).

The credit for a new machine was nowhere close to enough to replace the washer, even if I opted to buy another Samsung machine, which I definitely do not want to do. I decided to allow Samsung to bolt the lid down tighter so that at least the lid would not fly off and injure someone in my family or destroy something else. This extended the warranty on the machine for 1 year from the date of work.

My problem with Samsung's "recall" is that it does nothing to address the true problem with the washer. The 8E2 error code is a MEMS sensor error. I think the washer fails to distribute the load properly and the drum spins out of control. Rather than fix the actual problem, Samsung's approach is to secure the lid so that it doesn't fly off. Unfortunately for me, this does nothing to make my washer usable. The problem has gotten progressively worse, and it is now to the point that I have to sit with the machine when washing clothes, and most times stop it in the spin cycle so that I can manually wring water out to reduce weight. I've experimented with different load sizes but with no success.

Samsung did offer to repair the machine and assigned a local repair service to do the work. However, the repair services is unreliable and unprofessional and completely missed the appointment. I called Samsung again and asked that a different service be assigned. Samsung gave me a number to call, but when I called this second repair company I was told they do not service my area. I called Samsung yet again and learned that, in spite of the fact that I live in the Washington DC metro area, the first repair company was the only Samsung certified service available.

By this time I was completely disgusted with Samsung's customer service and demanded to talk to a customer care supervisor. I explained my problem yet again to the supervisor and told him what I thought about Samsung's approach to fixing this problem. The supervisor told me to email him my sales receipt and Samsung would refund the original sale price to me. I emailed the receipt, but in spite of several attempts to contact Samsung, they have failed to follow through on their offer. This experience has completely turned me off to Samsung products. I will never again purchase a Samsung appliance. Their total disregard for customer satisfaction is unacceptable to me.

Not only is the fact that my washer often does not work but my tv went out in March 2017 and until today nothing had been done about it. Dealing with the appliances and dealing with the service people (all very polite people) is very frustrating because of the long holds on the phone, lack of completion by Samsung, and errors by the service people.

Can you believe that we bought the new great Samsung front loader steam, you name it the nines and tens Triple Star washer and dryer less than six years ago and last year we had to have the door mechanism for the washer replaced and today we were just told that the bearings to the tub and to the motor are gone therefore we're buying a new machine. It really upsets me that you pay almost 2 grand for a washer that only last 5 to 6 years without any recourse whatsoever. I have all Samsung in my home but I no longer will I will buy anything else but Samsung and I will let everybody know what that Samsung quality stinks just over.

A month ago my brand new Samsung top-of-the-line dishwasher went out and I had to jump through hoops and yell and holler to get my Samsung brand new stainless steel dishwasher replace because the Samsung dealers driving their vehicle advertising for Samsung rolled my initial dishwasher all over my ceramic flooring scratching all the stainless steel, kicking, trying to get the motor in that one replaced. Funny it is that after 6 years the motor in my washer went out and not even after 3 months of purchasing the dishwasher the motor in it went out. What a great job Samsung and it's only my husband and myself, two lonely little people so we don't do a lot of laundry nor do we do a lot of dishwashing yet your product breaks down on us after we paid top-dollar. Defective trash. Thanks a lot Samsung.

In June of 2010 Purchased Samsung Washer and Dryer with Pedestals (Model #448AAPXAA02) at the cost of nearly $3400.00. I loved them both, then about a month ago, I noticed the washer was leaving my clothes wetter than usual, gradually got worse. Called Appliance Dr. Authorized Samsung repair. Quoted me close to 1500. Just to repair, what they said was a factory defect, using an inferior metal with stainless steel. The inferior metal completely disintegrated and damaged the drum and the pump and a rubber seal. Releasing about a pint of disintegrated metal through the filter. It would cost over 800.00 just for labor, and over 600 for parts. I could buy a new one for less.

I sent an email to Samsung President, and the reply was, it was out of warranty, that was all they could say and could not do a thing. I am a recent widow, and when I purchased these products, thought they would last longer than 6+ years. What has this country come to when everything is about money, and manufacturers do not take pride in what they produce. I don't care if it's a year old or 6+. If manufacturer's defect, they should make it right. Never buy a Samsung product again.

My Samsung WF32AAW/XAA Washer was six minutes from finishing a medium load of laundry and all of a sudden it sounded like a WWII bomber was in my house. I ran into the laundry room and smoke was pouring out the back of the washer, I immediately turned the washer off, and then I opened the door and more smoke poured out. As I grabbed my clothes out I burned my hand and have a huge burn.

I called Samsung to tell them how dangerous their product was and if the grey rubber smelling smoke meant the washer was done or if it could be repaired. They would just say that Samsung has no recalls for the product and wasn't aware of this issue even though typing the model number and "smoke" into Google had a ton of results with people having the same problem I had. Does Samsung make anything that doesn't explode? Why would anyone buy a Samsung appliance. This damn thing could have burned my house down! The only thing to decide is if I'm going to replace just my washer or completely rid my house of Samsung.

I recently bought a Samsung washer and dryer, it was one one the worst mistake I have ever done. Bought a Samsung washer and dryer front loader, the begin Conn's knows about the the bad quality of this appliances that why they only give you on 14 days for returned time, otherwise they would have give you 60 day or more like other places. First this machines cost me over almost two grand, for that price you would expect topnotch reliability, the washer takes 3 time to clean properly. So is a waste of time, water, electricity, detergent in order to cleans anything, the washer looks great from outside with all the bells and whistles but performance is a garbage, the dryer the same thing. It take 3 times the charm to finally dry something, and still comes a little damp.

Conn's Department Store should know this and that why they give all the facilities to buy something, and at the end they wash their hand, and let the consumer stuck with a worthless piece of garbage. At this time I am waiting for Samsung to come take a look and see what going on, and see what happens. Conn's furniture store don't have time at this moment to come and take look. I wonder why, maybe they are too busy trying to fix crap they have sold. At this moment will call the BBB and complain about Conn's and Samsung. I have read so many bad reviews about, Samsung washer and dryer. My advice don't buy Samsung of any kind and second don't buy from Conn's, they leave you eating dirt, of course they only care about unloading crap on you, and getting your money. Thanks.

I received notification that my washer has a recall. I called Feb 2, 2017 and was told I had 2 options-fix it or get a rebate cheque for $550. I chose to have it fixed since I paid over $1000. I was told I would have it fixed within 90 days. On May 12, 2017 I called and was told I had the same option. They did not have a service company in my area. I was told I would have a supervisor call me within 48 hours. I have spoken to supervisors (Grace) and today spoke to Jose the 'executive' manager. I have to purchase another of their crappy machines in order to receive my cheque.

They have NO customer service and hold cheques over customers who purchase their products in good faith. Their products are crappy and lack of customer service even worse. This company should NOT be in business. They should refund customers if their products are not good. They threaten customers with no cheque unless we buy another of their products-this should be illegal!!! Shame on YOU Samsung and your 'supervisors' and 'customer service agents'. The only reason they have customers is because they are forced into buying their ** products!! DO NOT BUY from Samsung!!!

I started calling Samsung November 2016 in regards to the Samsung washer recall. Was told information to attach to the washer would be mailed, a technician would be scheduled to fix the washer November 23, 2016, and I would receive a call prior to 11/23 to establish a time. I never received the call, the materials arrived in January 2017, and a tech never showed up. I did receive 2 phone messages in March 2017, but when I returned the calls I got the runaround. My initial complaint wasn't in the system. I started all over insisting I do have a machine and it is a Samsung.

Miraculously he found my complaint and proceeded to tell me that my recall has been expedited to management because the system states the washer was already repaired. After not hearing from management after a week I called again. Got the same runaround and was told I would get a call. It's now the end of May 2017 and I haven't received a call. I have since replaced the machine. I live in a log cabin and the washer was in the basement. If it ever caught fire the house would go up in flames rather quickly. I don't want a credit that I have to use towards another Samsung product. The whole situation is complete BS. My machine was just 4 years old.

Samsung front loader washer and dryer - We purchased all new appliances last summer. Right from the start I knew something was wrong when we bought the appliances. We told them we had to have at least a 10-foot cord for the dryer or we couldn't get them. They showed up with wrong length after everything was set up. Best Buy and Samsung told me if I could prove it was the right cord and install it myself my warranty would stand. Of course everyone knows not to leave electrical cords loose and anyone who has moved and had to change the cord on a dryer knows what I am talking about. It's not rocket science!!! Within a month the pedestal on the dryer fell apart. Best Buy will only warranty 15 days. So I had to fix myself. Then the washer was shaking the house just as the old washer did on spin cycle, so I didn't think anything about it until the washer started throwing codes and wouldn't wash approx. 9 months after delivery.

I called Samsung for 2 days while they had me run meaningless test for them before would consider sending a repair guy. They finally send out someone and the bearing in the drum is bad claiming I didn't set washer on correct load but they replaced it anyways but not before they made me sign a disclaimer saying they had to move the dryer and they weren't responsible for any damage to the appliances while making repairs. So I thought to myself why are they having me sign this. They did the repair and left the washer, drum and box for me to haul to the dump. I ran my first load of laundry after they leave and the dryer no longer works. I called Samsung back and they asked if it worked before and I told them it did right up until the washer stopped spinning out the clothes and it was taking the dryer much longer to get them dry. The week before there was nothing wrong.

They sent out the same guy and he tells me this is install defect now and wiring harness and cord needed to be replace and I would have to come up with app $400.00. I told the repair guy this is impossible and was a previous agreement about the cord or be forced to return appliances, both before and after the purchase this was a huge issue. It's been 4 days since Samsung has been claiming to look into the matter and would call me back. Each day I have called them I have gotten a promise they would return my call within 24 hours. Currently I have heard nothing from Samsung and still a broken appliance and a huge repair bill and a dump bill for the warranty work.

This has to be our worst experience we have ever had with all the appliances we have bought in 35 years of furnishing our rental, homes and businesses. I still can't believe their customer service is horrible and I think the warranty repair is a scam to somehow get money back after they have to pay out. How is it both go out at the same time? And both less than a year old.

2 Year old washer will not release water. Useless DC code comes up and resetting machine only results in more water being added to machine. Turning off house water does not help... A different error code comes up, leaving clothes sitting in rotting water. My clothes come out cleaner using a manual 1800's washboard than they do using this very expensive Samsung washing machine. This Samsung washing machine is a very expensive piece of garbage, which has resulted in thousands of dollars in ruined clothes.

Bought the set washer and dryer new two years ago and since day 1 it has not cleaned my clothes or blankets. I even ran some tests by switching detergents and still comes down to the fact that the washer does not clean and DOES NOT save money. It uses a ridiculous amount of water.

I purchased a Kenmore/Samsung top loading washing machine in March of 2015. It was one of the models that was recalled in the fall of 2016. I hadn't had any problems with it, although it isn't the best washing machine I've ever owned. Nevertheless, as advised, after some delay on Samsung's part, I had the warranty repair done in February of 2017. At this time, I was told by the repairman that I should have already received a sticker overlay and additional warning labels, but had not.

I have now called Samsung a total of about 10 time regarding these labels. To date, 3.5 months after the repair, I still have not received them. On the last three calls I have been told the matter has been 'escalated', but to no avail. The script is very robotic and always concludes with an insanely cheerful "Thank you for calling Samsung!" I definitely wouldn't be wasting my time calling them and waiting on hold if I had what I needed from them. The customer service is abysmal and I will never again purchase the Samsung brand, nor will I purchase from Sears as they don't care about the issue either.

Several years ago when we updated our appliances, I became excited about the new quiet dishwasher by Samsung. That led to a Samsung refrigerator, washing machine and dryer. In addition to the Samsung 1 yr warranty, I purchased an additional warranty of the kitchen appliances from Home Depot. The dishwasher is wonderfully quiet but the motherboard had to be replaced within the first couple of months. Now that it is out of warranty it has stopped filling with water and gives me the OE symbol. In addition it has consistently blown steam? Out on my wood floor making it wet.

The refrigerator ices up under the drawer where I keep my meat and cheese. The washing machine has not had a good spin cycle for some time. Now it sounds as if it needs a new belt because it is like a helicopter landing. The freezer drawer of the refrigerator fogs up on the outside, gunk builds up under the dishwasher door and has to constantly be wiped down or it smells like a barnyard. Beautiful appliances but not what I expected after appliances I have had in the past.

A complete piece of garbage! Other than the annoying music it plays when the cycle is completed the machine doesn't dry its load to completion. I literally have to hang dry anything that is dried then have to iron it.

I purchased a Samsung Washer Dryer due to lack of space in my new house. The sensor dryer setting takes several hours which would be okay if the clothes were dry. I spin clothes on 1400 spin speed then put them to dry. I have to go through the sensor settings TWICE to dry the clothes which is approximately 4hrs + for the same load max 6kg which I would have dried in 110 mins in my Hotpoint Aquarius Dryer. Samsung have not been helpful with any concerns nor with the promotion that was running at the time which they voided as I didn't respond to their email (with never arrived) in time. I would not buy another product from them and will certainly not be recommending them to anyone else.

We have a 5 yr old top loading Samsung washer. It started showing rust stains around the bleach compartment very shortly after we purchased it. A phone call to Samsung was met with the reply that "the rust is cosmetic" and therefore not an issue. In November of 2016 we learned that this washer was part of the recall for exploding parts. We had it repaired in November. At that time we asked the repair person about the rust (which was significantly worse). He said to contact Samsung but they would probably say it was cosmetic. In April 2017 the rust became so bad that there are now holes in the top of my machine. Please keep in mind that I only use bleach on my whites about 1 time per month.

The washer is now leaking from the bottom of the machine, flooding my laundry room floors. As if this product isn't bad enough be prepared for the worst "customer service in the world". I have called Samsung about 10-12 times in 2 weeks. It took them 6 phone calls just to change my address in the system. In one particular phone call I was on hold for an hour for a supervisor, I was mysteriously disconnected before getting to speak with one. In every phone call I was advised that they had expedited my request and I would hear back from someone in 48-72 hours. That happened only one time - at about 69 hours. This went on for 2 weeks!

Finally I blasted their Facebook page and got almost an immediate response. They asked for details and they got it, who I talked to, where the call center was located, how long the phone calls lasted, what the outcome of each call was (nothing) and how much I charge for over 15 hours of my time. They are now stating that they will offer me a full refund. I am not holding my breath as I have read other reviews that indicate the company never followed through on that statement. Perhaps they should just stick to TV's. I will never never buy another Samsung again! I've also contacted Lowe's, Sears and JC Penney to complain that they even sell the **. Buyer be very aware.

I have a top of the line dryer which will be 4 yrs old in July 2017. As a employee at The Brick selling their product I bought the appliance at employee price of 695 plus tax. I would be further upset if I had paid the price of a regular customer. The motor is gone. Cost to repair 476 plus taxes plus 129 service call. Samsung had me on phone for 1hr 40 min and approx 10 emails asking for sales receipt service receipt which I provided over a week of poor service. I was elevated 6 times on phone. Disconnected 2 times. In the end they will do nothing for me. I asked for a motor at cost. Anything. They said NO NO NO. I own a washer which glass door blew out as well 2 yrs before the dryer which they also would not do anything for me. I own three Samsung phones. Not going to be a Samsung customer in the future. I also will try hard not to ever sell their product.

Numerous problems with Samsung Top Load Washer Model WA400PJHDWR/AA and now there is a safety recall (lid may detach during washing) and Samsung wants to buy the washer back at a fraction of the cost. For me, I will take my low rebate and cut my losses and never purchase Samsung appliances ever.

I purchased a new SAMSUNG stackable washer and dryer Model # 401wf45k6500ava2 & 401dv45k6500eva3 on Feb. 9 2017 and had it professionally installed the next week. On April 16th the washer started NOT spinning out the water. I tried all kinds of troubleshooting to no avail. On May 5th I went to the Sears store and spoke with the Manager Cody ** about the problem and repair. He told me that since I didn't buy a SEARS warranty he wouldn't stand behind the product he sold me for $1,800. He said he didn't like SAMSUNG products!

I then started which is now in the second week daily phone calls to Samsung (some are close to one hour of mainly being on hold) to try to get a timely repair done. The repairman from Sears came out on May 9th for 2 hours (while I could not work) couldn't fix the machine. He then informed me It was my responsibility to monitor the parts arrival and then attempt to get a repair time "if they have one" sooner than May 23!!! Yesterday when I called Samsung to complain about the fact that I can not use my new washer and dryer for one month they told me the parts haven't even shipped yet. I have spoken to 5 SUPERVISORS from Samsung all of which refuse to expedite the parts or repairs.

We truly need something done on the issue of our Samsung Top Load Washer. I have read hundreds of cases where these washers are exploding and coming apart. As of yet, thankfully, this has not happened. Our issue is very simple, the washer does not clean clothes. Your repair folks have been out 3 times now and yet the problem remains. All they ever do is talk about the magnitude of this problem throughout the United States and how nothing is being done about it. Go on Social Media and you will see thousands of dissatisfied customers with a huge variety of Samsung product issues. Phones that burn up and are not even allowed on airplanes, washers that explode, it's insane. So what does Samsung do, it continues to be in denial and is attempted to fix the problem by quick fixes and poor customer service.

There are countless companies that have long gone away because they failed from offering flawed products or poor customer service. Samsung seems to be guilty of both. I am only ONE person, with ONE problem and I am looking for ONE solution. Ask yourself what would you do if you spent almost a $1000 on a washer only 7 months ago and today it cannot even clean the clothes of your family. How would you feel? What would you do about it? We were told by Samsung representatives that our washer was covered under the recall and yet I went on the recall site and nothing comes up? Then we were told the site actually is not working properly, (Big Surprise) and our model "may or may not come up" when I put the serial number in? Please let us know of a REAL solution for my family because as of this writing we have not heard one.

We purchased a Samsung Washer and Dryer Set from Lowe's in late 2013. From the very beginning, we kept getting the code DC. Clothes would not spin and would stay wet. On all cycles. Even a few clothes. We have to wring out and put in dryer. We were tickled to see the recall and hoped we were finally going to get it fixed. A Dish rep came first. All he did was put on the new labels. (Laugh). We called again and a rep came from an appliance repair place. They checked it out and did something but it didn't work. They came back out again (After we had to go through the same cycle of calling Samsung first). They decided it needed a part. We waited weeks for the part.

They came back out and put in the part. It works worse than it did in the first place. They told us it couldn't be fixed to call Samsung and ask for a refund. Samsung says to call Lowe's and Lowe's says to call Samsung. In the meantime my dirty clothes are stacking up so we are going to have to go to laundromat. We are waiting on a call back from Samsung. But after reading everyone's reviews, we may not be getting anything from them. I have Samsung TVs and phones and love them but never will I buy another appliance. We paid $2000 for the set! I was hoping they would be my last set! If there is a lawsuit, count me in!

I bought this unit online from Appliances Connection and had them take away the old unit. Purchased December 2013, and, delivered January 2014. No complaints with the operation and features, still running like a champ. However, I have noticed that the lint trap insert slot has widened with age. The removable, cleanable lint trap is still working as designed but the slot, made from a less durable plastic material, I can only presume, than it should have been, has warped from the heat of the dryer over time, and, tends to collect a lot of lint which requires regular cleaning. That I can live with, but, the dryer vent pipe is now clogging up more frequently, due to the warped lint intake slot, which forces me to incur the vent cleaning expense more frequently.

I called the good people at Samsung wherein the nice young lady advised me that this was the first instance of this specific problem that had been personally reported to her. There is no part replacement program in effect but I was offered the option of purchasing a new slot filter retention part at my own expense. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

I've spent two hours on hold with Samsung, where I've found my washer was on a recall (they didn't tell me this... I just found it out). I was trying to get service, and I was hung up on three times. I finally got a supervisor, but we'll see if the paperwork gets processed.

I purchased 2 new Samsung Appliances last year in 2016. A front load washer as well as the matching dryer. The washer does a horrible job washing clothes etc. and nothing seems to come out clean or washed. I purchased the washer on sale for around $1,850usd and the dryer was about $ 1,250usd. Both Items aren't used much and are well cared for. After each use the washer is cleaned and wiped down to keep it like new. Yesterday 7 May, 2017 the washer started leaking from underneath the unit. These appliances are only 9 months old. Samsung USA offers no help and leaves me so mad.

Why is it every Samsung product I purchase breaks and doesn't last. Last fall 2016 I had to return 3 Smartphones. Before that I had a TV that broke after 5 months. It seems to me that this Korean company uses cheap materials and parts and doesn't care at all about the consumer. I will never recommend Samsung again nor purchase anything from this company. (Purchased at Best Buy Marina, Calif 2016)

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Samsung's name is associated with quality, and produces everything from electronics to home appliances. Based in South Korea, the company generated a massive 305 billion dollars in 2014, employs nearly 500,000 people and sells its products to nearly every country in the world.

• Energy Star options galore: Many of Samsung's washers were designated under Energy Star's "Most Efficient" washers category in 2014, pointing to serious cost savings on energy. In fact, Samsung as a whole won Energy Star's Partner of the Year award for its commitment to energy efficiency.
  • Noise-reduction: Samsung washers are known for their noise-reduction technology, meaning consumers can enjoy some peace and quiet while their washers run.
  • Smart control features: Many Samsung washers bring control to a whole new level. Consumers can control washers from apps on their smartphones or interact with intelligent LCD panels to choose from a huge variety of washing options, speeds and automatic settings.
  • Speed is built-in: Samsung washers are developed with speed in mind, with many models offering the SuperSpeed option. This can reduce washing times compared to standard washers by up to 50 percent, even for full loads.
  • Best for People who like advanced features, families and professionals.

Compare Washers and Dryers