Samsung Washers
1.18/5

Need a washer and dryer?

Samsung Washers

1891 Samsung Washers Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I purchased a front loading Samsung Washer and Dryer in 2009. I had problems from day one, it starting shaking violently no matter what we washed. In 2018 we were washing a load of towels, I smelled something immediately but my husband did not so we let the load go thru and closed the laundry door. When we opened the washer door to put the towels in the dryer and very strong vapor and smoke came out of the washer!! I immediately called a repairman and he came out and said, "That is very strange, let me run a cycle." After it was over he took off the lid and opened the door and there again was the smoke and vapors. He pulled the plug and said, "Do NOT use this machine. It will burn your house down!" Said that the rear tub and basket was broken and it was not repairable and I needed a new machine.

It was only nine years old! My machines always lasted 20 plus years and I had a family of seven, now I have been a widow for 10 years and now only two of us. I cannot get Samsung out to look at it. They say I live too far away from their repairmen. This machine could be the first of another RECALL!! No one can excuse that, I can't get anyone who is responsible that will listen to me. So my next step to keep the public safe is to call my local news station and have them get to Mr. Tim Baxter who is the CEO. I tried to email him, but they just took the information and gave it to someone who will do the same, just NOTHING! This is a PUBLIC SAFETY MATTER and I want to see that Samsung is responsible enough to look at this problem and take charge of their own problems. We shall see. TO BE CONTINUED. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

My washer was only 4 years old and I am the only person's clothes that were washed. One day the tub was making a grinding noise that was very loud. I contacted Samsung and of course there was no warranty. I contacted a service company and they wanted $200 to diagnose so I set out to diagnose and inspect myself as the noise was clearly something major.

Turns out the base of the tub is made with hard plastic and had literally rotted resulting in the tub not catching on spinning rotation and therefore not spinning. I contacted Samsung again and they stated they would have to send a repairmen for $270 to validate the tub actuator. I offered them pictures of the rotted actuator which clearly was the issue but was told they had to have a formal inspection.

I am disabled and couldn't afford to pay for the inspection which wouldn't be covered anyway due to my warranty just expiring. I was forced to go to the laundromat spending $20 per week following a surgery of the fusion of my back. I was restricted from lifting anything over 10lbs but Samsung stated there wasn't anything they could do. To date, I am without a washer and very disappointed in Samsung. I will not buy this brand again.

Get expert buying tips about Washers and Dryers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

My husband and I purchased a top load Samsung washer and it was delivered Oct. 6 2018. We tried it as soon as it was hooked up, the delivery drivers had already taken off, We tried to start it and it sounded like it was going to start but nothing. We tried at least 4 more times and finally got a code, C6. My husband decided to try and call the 1-800 number but the guy tried to blame my husband and actually said "do you know how to use a washer?" My husband decided that was enough and waited until Sunday where he tried to talk to someone online and everything was going fine but once he mentioned the code, the guy disappeared.

So we waited to Monday where he got a hold of a guy who barely spoke English and I know my husband was getting frustrated at which point he asked to speak to someone else and he did get another guy when he mentioned the whole situation, the Samsung guy tried to accuse my husband that he didn't know how to use a washer (my husband is 65 and I know for a fact he has operated dozens of washers.) So he finally told the Samsung guy about the code and the guy told him that is a code for a burned out motor (this is a brand new machine how the hell is the motor burned out?)

My husband asked how we can get rid of this washer because it's useless. The guy said "I am not sure what to do" then hung up. I decided to call the next day and informed Samsung that we do a lot of clothes and taking them to a Laundromat is not something I want to do, I also explained the washer needed to go and I wanted a date where someone could pick it up and all I got was" I'm not sure what to do". I asked to speak to her superior and was hung up on. Will not purchase anything from Samsung ever again. Their customer service and appliances all suck.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

I purchased a Samsung washer and dryer pair about 6 years ago. For the first couple of years things seemed to be going well, the washer and dryer performed as they are expected to perform, wash, spin, dry. At the two year mark all of a sudden the washer wouldn't drain, still covered under warranty, I had a technician in. The problem stemmed from a single wire that had melted thereby disconnecting the drain signal.

A couple of years later the same problem happened again, only this time there was only my extended warranty, which I really didn't want to use or lose for a single wire so I corrected the issue myself. Again things worked well for another year when the recall for notice for exploding lids was put out. I immediately checked my machine against the lists and found it wasn't part of the recall. Some relief, I could deal with the inconvenience of a broken wire once in a while, when all of a sudden, one month after all warranties were negated, the pump casing blew to pieces, the pump worked fine. This caused third floor flooding.

Now with no machine, no warranty and no recall I used public facilities to wash my laundry for 4 months while I tried to figure out how to fix the machine or get it fixed or save for a repairman. During this time I found that the part I needed to replace was no longer available, but I could buy a new complete pump assembly for about 150.00. This part did not reinstall in place of the old pump, the casing had been reconfigured to mount somewhere else.

I made a call to Samsung completely frustrated, angry and fed up, they then told me that my machine was covered under the recall and they would pay for the repairs. At this point I am calmer and thinking they are a good company for owning responsibility for the defects. The repairman made several visits to complete the repair as the fix for my machine required not only a pump case, but a new wiring harness and hoses as well. The pump needed to be mounted somewhere else and the connecting hoses replaced as well as a new wiring harness as the old one was too short and not wired for the advertised machine capacities.

It has been six months since the repair, there is not a single load of wash that I do not have to rebalance, shift, alter, divide and spin individually as the machine will not spin even a slightly unbalanced load. This has added several hours to my washing each week (4 loads). If the machine is allowed to complete its cycle it will continue to refill with water to attempt a balance. Neither of these solutions is convenient, cost or energy saving. It is however, highly frustrating as some loads I have had to make several attempts to balance even if it is only 2 similar towels except one holds more water than the other, or just put the wet but not dripping items into the dryer for an extended, sometimes 2 hours, of time. All in all I will never buy another Samsung appliance again.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

Washer takes hours to do one load, if it even finishes. Searching for an answer, this seems to be a wide-spread problem with Samsung’s machines. Don't get me started on their refrigerators either. Save your time and money, do not purchase Samsung appliances, they should stick to phones and tablets.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Computers and Monitors?

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

This is the third time it not draining out the water and keeps spinning and the warranty is up. Nothing but problems from day one. Even the recall was messed up since day one. I have had Sears out and they fixed it and couple months later same part goes out again. I just want to get rid of them and get something that will work or Samsung needs to give me back my money or pay for the wash house every week which cost me 20 to 30 dollars.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

I purchased my Samsung top load in 2014 and from day one nothing but problems. Would stop spinning and code dc would appear constantly. After Samsung had recall they only offered me 250 dollars for replacement when I paid over 500 and was only year old at the time. Once they placed their support system on it the machine was never right again. Would not spin out even a single rag. The bleach area rusted and the underneath part of the lid the front springs rusted and would not hold down lid anymore. After 4 years of dealing with this junk I gave up and scraped it. Do not buy Samsung. Worst customer care I've ever seen and washer is pure junk.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

For a number of years we owned a Samsung dryer and absolutely loved it, so we eventually decided to purchase a matching washing machine. Worse mistake and waste of time and money we have made in a long time. We purchased the larger capacity washer because we thought that it would be capable of washing our lighter bedding and such, like sheets, light blankets, maybe a sleeping bag. We knew when we washed the first load of towels that this was going to be far from the case. The washer wasn't even filled halfway with towels and would get the spin cycle and stop working.

After several wasted hours and days calling their customer service, we finally found a way to reset the washer balance setting allowing it to function. Keep in mind that every word that came out of their mouth was that it was our fault from the start. It had to be too full, it wasn't level etc. In our research we found hundreds and hundreds of other people posting about the same issue all over the internet. This issue repeated multiple times over the year, but we were told by both Sears and Samsung that it wasn't a warranty-worthy repair, so we lived with it. This was a minor annoyance and we had to resort to washing anything that might weigh more than an average medium pile of t-shirts in the bathtub.

Finally the washer has now stopped draining the bottom section. It will fill, run, cycle and stop at the spin cycle as soon as the water is out of the drum, but leave the base of the washer full of water, the clothing soaking wet and won't complete the spin cycle. We tried to get this in for warranty work as we were under the 1 year mark, however, Samsung drag it along again trying to blame all of it on the us (the customer) saying that we must have put something in the washer we shouldn't have, or that, again it was not level.

So, now we are just slightly outside the year mark because they spent so much time blaming us and trying to troubleshoot, that they don't want to warranty it. Go ahead and google, "Samsung washer problems"... in fact, just check out all of the other consumer affairs reports and you'll get an idea of the quality of both their washing machines and the customer service associated with it. Not one person we have spoken with has even attempted to make this right with us. Instead they are more interested in protecting their money, than their customers.

I used to have a lot of faith in Samsung. Everything I could buy had their name on it - cell phone, TV, computer monitors, but I won't be buying them again. I wrote a review back a while when we had the load unbalanced issue, and they wrote a response that made it look to everyone who read it like they wanted me to contact them and that they would handle whatever problem we were having. When I contacted I got handed only the blame and a bunch of excuses why it wasn't Samsung's fault. Thank you Samsung for wasting my money - you really got one over on my family and I. Congratulations.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

Don't ever buy Samsung washing machine. Ever since we bought, we have had countless problems and service calls. Buy anything else but Samsung appliances!! It started with washer flooding my laundry room and kitchen floors because of a cheap clamp. Then it would not spin the clothes which took several service calls to finally fix. The most recent problem is rust and debris in the washer tub after every wash. So, we are basically washing our clothes in dirty water. The worst, most poorly designed washer ever.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2018

This is my second Samsung front-load washing machine. I was very satisfied with the first one so bought Samsung again. The washer consistently fails to perform with about only one out of ten loads running from start to finish without an issue during the spin/rinse cycle. Sadly the problem didn't surface until after the Warranty was expired. I would not recommend the purchase of a Samsung front-load washer unless Samsung can fix the issue so that they function as well as my first Samsung.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

Don’t ever buy Samsung. Had washer 13 months. Called Samsung they said too bad answer is, "Too bad 12 months is up." A 1000 dollar washing machine should last more than 13 months. They were extremely rude and when I said I was going to spread the word they laughed and said, "Thank you anyway." Just warning everyone don’t Buy anything Samsung.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

I have purchased Samsung Washing Machine two years back and they offered 10 year warranty at that time. Now my machine have some issues and raised the complaint last month 24th but until now nobody came to my house in order to solve this issues. The only issue with Samsung is the worst customer services.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

Don’t get clothes clean. Had machine 3yrs. Been repaired twice costing more than it was worth. We paid 800 on sale. Will never buy Samsung again. The repairman said he gets more calls on this than any other machine.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

Two things about this washer have been problematic. Firstly, the washer easily is out of balance even compared to an older GE top-loading HE (no agitator) washer I've previously owned. The washer tries to correct, however, invariable ends up with an error and no choice but to restart the entire cycle. This doesn't just happen with heavy loads, but anything with long fabric (dresses, towels, jeans) which can become tangled or spread across a long area. It takes several attempt of careful reorganizing to make it complete a cycle.

Secondly, the glass lid cracked with very little force. I dropped a small metal drill bit (granted, it is sharp and hardened) only 3-4 inches, fumbling it when retrieving it from a nearby shelf. While I do understand metal vs. glass could leave glass broken, rather than causing a scratch or chip, the lid completely shattered outward almost completely with it continuing to crack more and more minutes later. Ironically, the point of tempered glass as I understand it is to not produce shards, however, there are several 2-3 inch long sharp as a knife shards near the impact area.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

What a disaster... We expected so much, but less than a year and we had to replace the stabilizers as the machine vibrated and sounded like it could explode. A second stabilizer replacement was required and after discovering stains on our clothes found rust forming in the chassis and on top of the machine. This machine has been recalled... What is Samsung offering? Would you believe $22 for a settlement and we can buy a new machine. Samsung offers a $100 incentive to buy another Samsung! Never again! Oh, and we have replaced the heating element twice in the matching dryer.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

This is our 3rd Samsung washing machine in 5 yrs. Model WA52M7750AV. We bought this from a rebate we received from the recalled model. This week, the lid (hinge area) broke into pieces and snapped the pieces of plastic everywhere. We removed the broken lid and found out the metal hinges are so hard and are staying upright now. We are lucky the whole lid wasn't ejected up. Samsung needs to ensure their product is safe and should exercise their due diligence to prevent product defects. Third machine in 5 years is a lesson not to buy Samsung washer ever again.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

4e error code. No hot water keeps coming on. No water issues on my end. Took screens out of hose. Setting set to cold water still comes on. 2nd time in 3 years to fix this issue. Would not buy Samsung again.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

FIRST THE WASHER: It takes forever & when removing the load, water drips off the fabrics. The load tends to "Ball Up' which makes more work because you have to separate the wet clothes in order to get them un-wet. I have to manually reset machine to spin and restart it and wait another hour or so and HOPE that they are no soaking wet. SECOND THE DRYER: This also takes an unbelievable amount of time to complete, only problem is the load comes out damp and must be redone. Our old machines (Maytags) are still in our storage shed and my wife has elected to trash the new Samsungs and use the older Maytags since they do work better and take less time.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

I bought a Samsung washer/dryer set. Slightly after warranty expired, the dryer started squealing badly. Samsung Canada will not help despite this problem being talked about all over the internet. Samsung US will sometimes cover a past warranty repair on their defective, cheap, plastic parts. The washer also rarely makes it through a cycle without giving an error message. Stay away from Samsung appliances. Too bad because I really like their phones. That's why I bought the washer/dryer. Never again. I want to sell them but would feel guilty passing on these lemons to another innocent person. Washer: WF42H5000AW/A2 Dryer: DV42H5000EW/AC.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

After an over 3 yr professional wait for Samsung to do the right thing and replace and settle on this junk set of washer and dryer, I am voicing my situation. Their own technicians have looked at my equipment, and apparently been brainwashed by the company, to admit there is "nothing wrong". My washer especially, will not properly fill with water to clean our clothes. I have to manually carry 5-6 jugs of water every time I try to wash. For an almost 70 yr old cancer survivor, brain tumor survivor and now diabetic, that is hard work for me and wears me out. I should NOT have to carry gallons of water to get my clothes clean. This is not the 1800's! They refuse to replace the equipment, and their settlement offer is so low it would not come close to replacing.

I just want clean clothes and these machines do not do that. Not enough water, and they leave residue and have ruined thousands of dollars worth of clothes, and personal items. These are CRAP, LEMON machines, and one would think that Samsung would want to do the right thing and have happy customers, but I guess our thousands that we spent on their washer, dryer, refrigerator, etc are not valued to Samsung. Shame on you Samsung and your unwillingness to admit responsibility and make a fair replacement and/or offer. SAMSUNG should not be trusted. SAMSUNG will not honor their warranties, nor take care of their customers.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

Purchased a Samsung washer & dryer five years ago. To say the washer has been a lemon from Day One is an understatement. Within the first year, all four struts had to be replaced. Year two left us with a flooded laundry and boiler room due to the admittedly "poor design" of the pump attached to the tub. Every time the machine shook, the pump became loose and leaked. Samsung sent out a certified repairman who moved it the frame. Then we had a plate mailed to us with danger warnings all over it (because unbeknownst to us, serious injuries, including a broken jaw, were occurring when customers used the machine) with instructions to affix it to the control panel.

Also, the machine's detergent, softener and bleach dispensaries became rusted and corroded. Also, on numerous occasions, the machine would not drain the water. The final straw came when we had yet another flood in our laundry room. When we called Samsung, we learned that there was a recall. NO ONE HAD EVER CONTACTED US and they were "surprised" to hear that we were never contacted. We were told we would hear from someone in 24-48 hours. When no one called us back, we called them and were told that the reason why no one ever called us was because they did not have an authorized and certified recall repairman in our area to confirm that our machine was one of the recalls!!!

If you sell your product in my area, why don't you have someone who can service it in my area? So after three consecutive days on the phone with them, they offered us $31 for the machine!!! If I wasn't so enraged at the offer, I might have laughed my butt off! After some research, I learned that between 2011-2016, 34 Samsung washers were recalled! Absurdity at its finest. I will NEVER EVER buy another Samsung product.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2018

Purchased original machine 12/10/14. Machine was recalled due to lids "violently" breaking away from the machine. Purchased replacement 12/28/16. In less than a year, 12/17, top part of lid broke away from bottom part of lid. Took 2 weeks before Dish in Home Service repaired it: 1/3/18. August 2018 lid again broke away (same damage as before). Was told by Dish that it would be $100 to assess the damage, even though I explained exactly what happened. I gave them the service number of the previous repair so they could look at the damage. The assessment fee did not include parts and labor for repair.

Complained to Samsung. After several emails, they offered to pay for the part only; I declined. After more emails, they offered to pay the $100 plus parts/labor. In the meantime I bought a new machine (not Samsung!), as my wife and I are in our 70s and cannot haul laundry to another location. We needed a reliable machine and could not wait for the repairman. We have asked for a refund on a pro-rata basis for the amount of time we have not been able to use the machine: with machine breaking twice in less than a year, we have had less than 2 years' use. We are waiting for an answer. When the delivery man brought our new machine, he stated that they get calls on and have to replace Samsung washers more than any other brand.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2018

Horrible Customer Service --- Purchased the Samsung Flex washing machine that got installed on January 2018, within 8 months the washer stopped working in the midst of a wash cycle. The system does not power ON, the door can't be opened (the clothes are still inside). Ten days after the service call, a tech comes in without any parts, and tells that the control board has to be replaced, and they will get that replaced after 3 weeks. Meanwhile multiple calls to Samsung Customer Service who absolutely do not have any interest in helping you, just repeats what is in their training material. Absolutely horrible and incapable customer service. Getting to experience how people lived before the invention of washer is pretty fun as well!!!

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

Our washer failed in less than 7 years due to rusted bearings and corrosion. Seems this has happened to many other consumers and would like to compare notes if anyone is interested, to see what repairs are feasible or make sense. I'm at **. Thanks a lot!

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

The regret of this purchase is so painful. My clothes do not come clean out of this giant washer. I have resorted to filling the drum to only 25% of capacity. Anything over that and the items on the top don't get thoroughly wet! Therefore we have to use "deep wash" for every wash and that is an abundance of water and makes it the most inefficient water use. The washing bin is so deep I can't reach the bottom and have to use a litter pick up stick to get the clothes at the bottom. I am 5' 5" tall. To date my most regretful purchase ever.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

I bought a set of Samsung front loading washing (Model WF210) and matching dryer in 2012 and have been very dissatisfied with the performance of the washer in particular. Within a couple of months of regular usage (4 loads a week) there was a foul odor coming from the inside of the washer. The maintenance manual said cleaning of the interior compartments was necessary to avoid mold, mildew and unpleasant odors. This was done on a regular basis but it has never resolved the bad smells, even leaving the door open full time.

Over the past 55 years of owning various brands of washing machines (except for a front loader) I never experienced the amount of foul odors and black mildew that resulted even with regular attention to the interior as recommended. I contacted Samsung during the first year and they had no worthwhile solutions other than what I was already doing and failed to offer any fix to the problem. The original sales person that I bought the w/d from never provided any warning statements regarding the need for special maintenance requirements after every use. I would never recommend this brand of washer to anyone and would love to get my money back but too much time has elapsed. Samsung makes great cell phones but their front loader washing machines are a disgrace and stink.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

Bought a new washer and dryer. After the first week the wash overfilled and flooded the house. Samsung sent service guy out. Still no good. So they sent another service guy out. Still no good. Weeks of phone conversations with Samsung and now they say two weeks for refund. Home Depot says we have to deal with Samsung. So now without washer for two week and now two more weeks. This is a top loader.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

I purchased my Samsung washer WA422PRHDWR/AA in 2014 and day one we have noticed that the clothes have had bleach stains on them. I've tried to cycle the washer without any clothes in it in hopes of getting rid of the bleach residue but to no avail. I've even tried to change the order of the way the clothes were washed and still we had bleach stains. We use the washer daily because there are 7 people in the household. We can't count the number of clothes the washer has destroyed. The last 3 years my washer has not been in use due to the fact that the place that we moved into had a washer. Least to say that my washer sat for 3 years so I lost out on my warranty. If there are any suggestion out here please help.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

DO NOT BUY THIS BRAND! Unless you live next to a laundry mat... When we moved into a new home 2015 we got new washer and dryer combo (VRT) from Samsung. The dryer took a dive in the first year and was unfixable and has been replaced by another brand via home warranty, (good idea), and the washer has been broken 3x now. Fixed by a sub from the home warranty people 3x. Every time the water is flooded all over my laundry room. BUT in the 70's and 80's we had the same machine forever and never had any breakage. DO NOT BUY THIS BRAND! Unless you live next to a laundry mat...

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

Washer designed to corrode with 3 years of purchase. Bought the Samsung front load washer 3 years ago. Warranty only lasts one year. They have been manufacturing this defect since 2006 despite mass claims for warranty. Customer service TERRIBLE.

Samsung Computers and Monitors expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Samsung's name is associated with quality, and produces everything from electronics to home appliances. Based in South Korea, the company generated a massive 305 billion dollars in 2014, employs nearly 500,000 people and sells its products to nearly every country in the world.

• Energy Star options galore: Many of Samsung's washers were designated under Energy Star's "Most Efficient" washers category in 2014, pointing to serious cost savings on energy. In fact, Samsung as a whole won Energy Star's Partner of the Year award for its commitment to energy efficiency.

• Noise-reduction: Samsung washers are known for their noise-reduction technology, meaning consumers can enjoy some peace and quiet while their washers run.

• Smart control features: Many Samsung washers bring control to a whole new level. Consumers can control washers from apps on their smartphones or interact with intelligent LCD panels to choose from a huge variety of washing options, speeds and automatic settings.

• Speed is built-in: Samsung washers are developed with speed in mind, with many models offering the SuperSpeed option. This can reduce washing times compared to standard washers by up to 50 percent, even for full loads.

• Best for: People who like advanced features, families and professionals.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs