Samsung Washers

Compare Washers and Dryers

Research top Washers and Dryers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I purchased a Samsung washer and dryer in July of 2014 along with an extended warranty. Absolute waste of money. The dryer needs a new heater and Samsung only allows certain service companies to work on them. So after a week they come out, don't have a heater, have to wait another four days without a dryer. Finally asked the girl to track the part. Oh waste of time, they have no idea how long the part will be back order. Now I have to wait another 5 days for the extended warranty to contact Samsung to see if they even have the part.

Never purchase Samsung or LG. Bad experience with their products as well. I will purchase a cheap dryer and throw it out when it breaks down because Samsung certainly doesn't stand by their products. Their phones are not allowed on planes in the US because they can catch on fire. I had a Speed Queen for 15 years and then a Maytag for 15 years. Gone are the days of quality home appliances. Never purchase Samsung or LG, they don't stand behind their products and have terrible customer service.

I purchased a washing machine by Samsung in August 2015. Now 2016 there is a recall on it. Well, I have followed all of their instructions and have now decided to get the repair. On 12/3/2016 between 8am-1pm was my appointment; no one called and there was a no show. So, I called Samsung and they told me that Dish was too booked up, and that they will have to reschedule me. Why would Dish come for my washing machine? I don't need my TV repaired. I feel as though I am getting the runaround and that Samsung is trying to prolong the repair or getting irresponsible contractors. They are not offering me enough money to buy another machine, and that's what I would prefer, because I don't like the machine anyway, but I can't afford to purchase again. Now my next appointment is 12/6/2016. Hopefully the new contractor will show up. Please tell What Other Steps Can I Take.

I have spoke with Samsung twice now and I have be told two very different things by their customer service. After the first very long and painful phone call, I received an email letting me know they would give us a rebate of $45!!! If we stay with Samsung we will receive $145!!! We paid $800 for this washer 3 years ago. The top of the washer around the bleach cup is rusted as well as the underside of the washer. It quit spinning correctly about two weeks before the recall and now it won't spin out at all. It drains all the water and flashes a dc code.

After we move the laundry around to try and even it out it fills up again and tries to rinse and spin. The last time we used our washer it 8 times rearranging to get it to spin. We are a family of 6 and need to do laundry multiple times a day. We did our research and Samsung was suppose to be great. We can not afford to buy a new machine especially with $145 or $45. We are being punished by this company for putting our trust in them to deliver the product they promised when we gave them our hard earned money. Where is the courtesy and respect from their end?

Boy howdy, do I ever have a case of buyer's remorse. Purchased one of the Samsung top load HE washing machines in 2014, and it's one subject to the recent recall. Worked perfectly until Samsung contracted with Dish Network to come perform the recall on it (have they lost their minds?). Imagine that - a satellite TV installer comes out to perform recall service on your washing machine. Doesn't make any sense at all.

First repair guy (with Dish) didn't have the right parts on hand, so he called another. The second Dish person shows up after a couple of hours and installs the braces and screws prescribed by the recall. He spent at least 2 hours trying to get the washing machine to work after he touched it (again, it was working perfectly before they showed up to perform the recall). Our washer hasn't worked since Dish Network laid hands on it. Repairman threw his hands up and left - said there was nothing else he could do, was not his responsibility and left it to us to call Samsung.

After 5 calls to Samsung support, I finally get a call from a real appliance repair center, but one with horrible reviews and a "F" rating with the BBB (Huh?). The appliance repair outfit told me $150 service fee plus parts to come fix what Dish Network broke when they performed the recall. Say WHAT? Oh my... I'm losing my mind! This is absolutely and undoubtedly **THE** last piece of Samsung DUNG I'll ever buy. This experience alone has done this manufacturer in forever. No more! It's time for a class action lawsuit!

The day I heard about the top load washer recall I called Samsung to see what was needed. I was directed to the website for faster service and after filling out the information to confirm my machine was recalled I had 2 options. The option to get a new washer only gave me a rebate of $136 for a Samsung washer or $36 for another brand. My washer is 4 years old and should have a life expectancy of 10-14 years and I paid over $900 with an extended 10 year warranty. I can see prorating the washer but at 4 years I used 1/3 of the life expectancy which does not equal $136 or $36. I then called Samsung 3 times, the 1st waiting on hold for 1.5 hours then asking the person about the refund and how it works and then asked to have someone call me back so I can further review with them.

No callbacks so I called again and again waited on hold for about an hour and asked to have a callback. I did this one last time and the person said I would definitely be called back within 24 hours. That was 36 hours ago with no callbacks. I don't want the fix from hearing other comments but cannot accept the $136. At this point I don't even want a Samsung anymore after being a loyal Samsung customer since they cannot even call me back. This is not a customer issue and we should not be penalized for their issues and I am not being treated fairly.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Computers and Monitors?

We bought a defective Samsung washing machine that has been recalled due to high risk of injury. We've spent the last four months on this issue and find Samsung is not honoring the recall. We've spent hundreds of hours dealing with hundreds of people with nothing to show for it but frustration. They obviously are not going to make good on refunding consumers. Every time we call we're told there is a new hoop to jump. We're given a reference number, told the person can't help but someone will call me back and on and on. They are selling defective appliances so I believe this needs to be addressed at both a state and federal level. It's bad enough that they're being allowed to sell dangerous items in the country but even worse that they get away with this fraud of a recall. Thank you for any help you might be able to provide.

I am very dissatisfied with the Samsung Washer due to their recall and the way they have treated me during the recall. As soon as the recall was announced I went to the Samsung website and confirmed my Washer was part of the recall. I tried to upload my info into the recall website but it kept rejecting the upload. I then tried by phone and was placed on forever hold. Two days later I was able to upload the info into the recall website. Samsung gave me an appointment date in which I had to wait at home and they never showed. Samsung 2 weeks later rescheduled through their local rep in which I waited at home and later received a phone call that they would not be coming because they do not have the KIT they need for the recall fix (why even schedule me if that is the case). It has been almost 1 month since I started this recall journey and I am still waiting. I believe this has convinced me never to by Samsung.

I have a scheduled appointment on 2 Dec from noon to 5 to have my Samsung Washer repaired. Dish Network is doing the work, so I called the number provided on hold for 12 minutes listening to Dish network advertisements. Why couldn't there be a direct number to Dish specifically for the recalls?

I had the repair done for my Samsung Washer so that the lid will not come flying off; however, I still am required to do all of my bedding on the delicate cycle. I bought my washer so that I could wash bedding, delicates, etc. Now my bedding takes much longer to dry because you are not allowed to use the bedding cycle for safety issues. I called Samsung to complain that this is really not a fix. It is just a bandage for the problem. I was on the phone with them for 45 minutes with a very rude customer service person who said, "I just need to adapt to the new cycle." I feel like not allowing you to wash your bedding on the actual appropriate cycle is not the same machine anymore. It is not what I originally bought. Very frustrated!

I bought a washer and dryer set a year and half ago. Both units have been replaced once. My dryer stopped heating 2 months ago and Samsung has sent the same repair company (A&E Factory Repair) 4 times to fix the problem and they have not done so. I have repeatedly asked for a refund or exchange and I keep getting the runaround from them. They actually wanna send the same horrible company to try and fix it again! I am beyond frustrated and will NEVER buy a Samsung appliance again! Sad part is I have a recall on my washer now and will still have to deal with them for that now too!

Bought a Samsung washer (WA48H7400AW/A2) for my son as a housewarming gift. Was part of the washer recall and scheduled the repair to be made through Samsung AFTER HOLDING FOR 1 1/2 hours! Repair Tech came today to repair. Did not explain the repair to my son nor leave any type of invoice explaining the repair. No cycle label change nor warning label applied, just took the back off the washer, did "something" and left. I called the repair company and they COULD NOT EVEN TELL ME WHAT REPAIR SAMSUNG HAD AUTHORIZED THEM TO PERFORM!!! You "repaired" the machine but can't tell me what your Tech actually did?? Told me I would have to call Samsung to see what they actually wanted as a repair for that model.

SOOOO, just got off the phone with Samsung, washer should have had a cycle label change and warning label applied too. Neither one done during the "repair" today. Samsung ordered a label kit just today DURING MY CALL. So had I not placed a follow-up call to Samsung asking about the label kit, my son would have not gotten one. I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER SAMSUNG PRODUCT! Does not seem concerned (yawn) at all about the quality of their products nor the safety (double yawn) of the individual buying their products. I had to work hard on my end to try and get this washer repaired. Only wish I could say Samsung worked as hard or harder to make sure the repair was done properly on their recalled product.

We bought a top load washer June of 2015. Found out about the recall and submitted online for a repair. On November 21, 2016 they sent out Dish tv to do the repair. Washer has not worked since. It will turn on but nothing else. Called Dish. They said they couldn't do anything about it till Samsung called. I called Samsung got the runaround, lied to so finally they rescheduled A&E appliance repair to come out on November 28, 2016. That tech they could not touch the machine because Dish tv had already serviced it. They said I had to call Samsung back and that Samsung needed to call A&E service repair to reschedule. I then get an email saying that the appointment was canceled. I spent over 3 1/2 hrs on the phone with Samsung, talked to numerous people, lied to, given the runaround, disconnected over 7 times. By this time I am pissed off to no end. I told them I have been without a washer for almost 2 weeks.

All I got was "I'm so sorry, blah blah blah." They put another service call in for me. Well when I looked at my email they were trying to send another tv repair company out to service my washer. Oh hell no I don't think so. I called the company to cancel the appointment then I called Samsung back yet again and explained everything again and I was done with the repairs and wanted the rebate instead. First I was told there was nothing that could be done because the repair was already done. I said what repair, they broke it, then I'm told I would be getting a call back. Yeah right.

After making 4 calls on November 30, 2016 finally talked to someone who was finally able to cancel the appointment on their end and send the rebate to my email. I told them I was done with people coming out, appointments getting canceled, being lied to and this whole damn thing was a mess. Already bought a NON SAMSUNG WASHER. I will never buy another one of their products ever again. They say they care about customers, that is a lie. Very, very unprofessional, don't have a clue what they are doing. 2 different reps told me that Dish tv or A&E repair do not do the washer recall repairs. I said "really look at my ticket numbers." Nobody should have to go through all this **. THERE SHOULD BE A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT.

I had an appointment set up with A&E Factory Services, who simply did not show, did not call, nothing. I waited all day for them, then called Samsung to start over. They have given me new appointment on Sunday morning from 8-12 with an affiliate of Dish Network. Someone who does these repairs, supposedly. I was thanked for my loyalty to Samsung products. I have been loyal until now, but this A&E is a BAD joke.

I am writing this because it has been a nightmare since I decided to do the recall and replace the part. Samsung sent Dish network to my house to complete the recall the service tech when I questioned him as to why Dish was doing the install he said they were hired by Samsung. After the tech removed the top of my machine and replaced the attachment with s clamps he then left. I tried to do laundry after and was not able to because the washer would not complete a cycle and later after continually trying a 1e code appeared which was a water sensor not working. I immediately called Dish and talked with a customer rep to ask them to please send out the tech to fix what he had broke and they stated they were not responsible and that I needed to contact Samsung. Which I did and 2 hours later I thought I had a repair man coming out on Monday.

When I didn't hear from anyone I called lake electronics in Pompano Fl which is the repair facility that Samsung said will fix my washer under the warranty and then at 6 pm last night the service advisor from Lakes Electronics called and said they have made a company decision not to work on my washer or anyone else that Dish did the recall. My washer still doesn't work and last night I spent 3 hours on the phone with Samsung. This really is a cluster "**" and I have no choice but to call my own repair company to come and fix my washer. Which by the way before the recall I had no issues with my washer. I guess the old saying is if it's not broke don't fix it or at least you would think a company like Samsung would send out certified technicians that know the product to work on them... I guess they went cheap and now look where they are. I will never buy a Samsung product again.

We purchased the Samsung because it had good reviews but a year into owning it the top started rusting. The company refused to do anything about it. Then the washer kept getting out of balance when the recall came about. They informed me it was the out of balance problem that was going to be repaired. When the repairperson came out he told me his only task was to replace a pin and a plastic bracket to keep the top from flying apart. What a joke. Samsung should stand behind the products and repair the issues they have known about. I have contacted them again and I am waiting for a response. I am truly disappointed and let down by this manufacturer.

I made two appointments with Samsung for the recall technician to come out and it was a no show on both appointments. I missed 2 days of work waiting on the technician and received an apology email 1 week after the appointment was supposed to take place. I also received a kit in the mail, with a black label for my washing machine and my front label is not black, it is a gray and the washer and dryer are white. It will look very tacky to put that on my washing machine with the money I paid for the entire set. I called and have made the 3rd attempt to have my machine serviced by a technician. I also asked about the black label and I was told this is the only label they are making. It is a cheap looking label and I refuse to put on my washing machine. I will never buy any Samsung appliance again in the future. Lesson learned very well!!!

Samsung washing machine had problem as water leaking at tap and 4E error. When I called customer service in Hyderabad, Telangana, they sent 3rd party engineer. They opened top cover and said 2200/- Rupees for inlet change. We said, that might not cause since water leaking at tap. They did close and went as says will come tomorrow. Called several time, they did not pick the phone. And whole washing machine not working. I am decided to do not take Samsung products.

Less than a year ago I bought one of the top loading washers now subject to a recall. On 9/30/16 I went to the Samsung website and followed the instructions for reporting my washer. I received an automated confirmation the same day stating: "Thank you for registering with Samsung to receive safety information concerning your Top Load Washer. When Samsung and the CPSC have reached a remedy for the issue, we will notify you of that remedy and next steps. In the meantime, please use the delicate cycle to wash bedding, waterproof materials, and bulky items. Your safety is important to us and we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused."

On 10/6/16 I received the following email: "We know that you are interested in learning how to address reported issues with certain Samsung top-load washing machines, so we wanted to take this opportunity to provide you with an update. Samsung and the US Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) continue active discussions to address the reported issue. As a reminder, until you receive further information from Samsung, please continue to use the delicate cycle for bedding and mattress covers, waterproof items, and bulky items. Your safety is important to us and we apologize again for this inconvenience."

On 11/5/16 I received the following email: "According to our records, you have registered your Samsung Top-Load Washer on our website. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) has recently approved remedy options that are now available to our customers. Please use the link below to access your information and select your remedy. Please note, that the recall remedy is urgent to your safety. Please ensure that repair or rebate option is completed. Existing customer remedy selection page: http://www.samsung.com/us/tlw. Because you have already registered your washer, a Home Label Kit will arrive to the address provided within 14 days."

"Until your service has been completed, we encourage you to wash all bedding, bulky, or water-resistant items on the delicate cycle. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you, but your safety is our top concern. If you have not yet registered online to receive your Top-Load Washer Home Label Kit, please visit http://www.samsung.com/us/tlw to complete your request. If you have already requested your Home Label Kit, please allow up to 14 days to receive your kit. NOTE: YOUR REMEDY IS NOT COMPLETE UNTIL THE HOME LABEL KIT HAS BEEN APPLIED TO YOUR UNIT. If you have any additional questions regarding your product, please contact 866-264-5636 and provide your reference number shown above (8AM to 10PM EST, 7 days a week). Thank you for being a loyal customer. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you."

I did as instructed and chose the in home repair remedy. On the same day I later received the following email: "Thank you for your submission. Your home label kit will be shipped to you within 14 days. Until your home label kit arrives, please wash all bedding, waterproof, and bulky items on the delicate cycle. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Your safety is our top concern. You can check the status of your label kit with us online at www.samsung.com/us/tlw/status or contact us at 1- 866-264-5636 (8AM to 10PM EST, 7 days a week)."

I scheduled an appointment for the morning of 11/21/16 and received this confirmation from the national service company: "We have received your service request for the repair of your Samsung washer and are honored to serve you. As part of Samsung's Top Load Washer customer safety recall program, in conjunction with the CPSC, National Service Alliance has been assigned to perform the safety recall repair. National Service Alliance is working in partnership with Samsung to complete your repair as soon as possible and will work to keep you informed throughout the process."

"We have assigned Turnpike Total Appliance to service your washer. The date you selected with Samsung for your repair needs to be confirmed with the technician before we can run the call. We are working to call you to confirm your repair. To expedite your call confirmation, you may reach out to them directly at 631-499-3355 x21. If you have any questions or concerns about your case or if you are not able to schedule your repair with Turnpike Total Appliance, you can reach us at 801-503-9814. We have assigned the following case number for your reference: **."

I never received a call to confirm the appointment and no one ever showed up. I also replied to both email addresses and never received a response. Getting nowhere, I did what most people do now to get their attention. I posted my dissatisfaction on Samsung's Facebook page on 11/25/16 and received almost an immediate response. It looked like I was finally getting some attention, but that was shortlived. I received another email telling me another "label kit" would be sent out. Why? I do not need a 2nd label kit. I don't even want the first one I received.

The following morning I received this email: "According to our records, your Samsung Top-Load Washer Recall repair service has been cancelled. Reference Number: **. Please note, that the recall remedy is urgent to your safety. Please ensure that repair or rebate option is completed. Until your service has been completed, we encourage you to wash all bedding, bulky, or water-resistant items on the delicate cycle. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you, but your safety is our top concern."

"If you have not yet registered online to receive your Top-Load Washer Home Label Kit, please visit http://www.samsung.com/us/tlw to complete your request. If you have already requested your Home Label Kit, please allow up to 14 days to receive your kit. If you have any questions regarding your Recall repair or would like to speak to an agent, please contact 866-264-5636 and provide your reference number shown above (8AM to 10PM EST, 7 days a week). Thank you for being a loyal customer. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you." The ball is now in Samsung's court.

Bought all new Samsung appliances 2 years ago and wow was that a mistake! 3 of the 4 kitchen appliances broke in the first year. I had to take day after day off work because the repair company they contracted work out to was so overwhelmed with Samsung warranty repairs (that certainly says something about the quality of the products). Now our dryer has broke. The thing is literally 26 months old. We have had $370 worth of repairs done and the problem wasn't fixed. The heat is not working. Apparently a fuse that prevents overheating keeps blowing and there appears to be a problem with the computer in it. We have given up and have bought a new Whirlpool dryer. Customer service for Samsung was horrendous. I will never, ever buy another Samsung product. I have never been so disgusted by a company. Please heed this warning if you are considering it. It's not worth it. The lower price now will cost you in the long run.

My SAMSUNG FRONT LOADER went on fire! Thank God someone was home. Model #WM3270CW. This machine was not on Samsung's Recall List. Contacted Samsung-- and they did nothing. I am writing this so the buyer is aware.

I purchased a Samsung top load washer and dryer back in 2013 and received a letter in October that my washer might be one of the models impacted by the recall. I immediately registered my washer. I received a letter on November 14, 2016 advising me that I could either choose a free in home repair kit or a rebate of $163. I called customer service to find how the rebate amount was determined as I paid over $900 for the washer and was directed to visit the Samsung website. When I re-enter my details, the rebate amount now shows as $373. I can't even choose the higher rebate amount as I get a message that "our records indicate that you have already responded", even though I haven't.

I have contacted customer service several times by phone and by email to no avail. No one has returned my calls or emails as promised and I refuse to accept the rebate amount as it still comes up as $163. I have 2 young children and we use our washer daily and there is no information on how the rebate will be processed. I have a chance to buy a new Samsung front load washer that is on sale for Black Friday; however, the sale ends Monday and I have no idea if I will get a rebate if I somehow do not follow Samsung's recall process as there is no information online. Customer service is no help. I prefer to switch to a different brand, but I will not be eligible for the $150 loyalty rebate. I can't wait 90 days. I'm extremely frustrated!

Just got off the phone with their representative. She was helpful describing the process. It appears I have two choices. Have my washer repaired by one of their contractors or accept $524 rebate. I decided to take the repair with a one year warranty because accepting the rebate was unacceptable as I would have to pay upfront the full cost of the replacement washer and wait four to six weeks for a refund. I am over seventy years old and on a fixed income. I cannot afford to tie up funds waiting on a rebate that would probably take longer than four to six weeks based on how long it took me to get through on the phone to Samsung. I have been calling for four weeks straight each day and getting a response of wait times from two hours to five hours; I choose not to wait and decided to call over the Thanksgiving Holiday and got through in less than twenty minutes.

I arranged to have a technician come out in a week to do the repairs. Will see how that goes. I would have actually preferred the rebate had I not had to pay upfront. We are poor. I'm sure Samsung thought this process how and it seems to benefit them at every turn. I will never ever buy another product from them nor will my family after this. I told the representative that if Samsung had meant to do right by its customers they would have simply given the customer a credit and have them go to the place of purchase and choose another washer; however the burden is put on the customer to pay up front. It’s a scam and our government lets big companies get away with this type of fraud. They produce a defective product then make the consumer pay the price to set things right. I have never written a complaint before. This really makes me mad.

I am SUPER disappointed with Samsung’s offer to rectify my new faulty washer. I bought it with the intention of washing large dog blankets so I feel they sold me something that can't do what they said it could do safely therefore I think they should take back the pair for much better replacement cost than what was offered. Here are some facts they told me today over the phone. I purchased my washer $1079 Jan 2016. I bought a 3-yr warranty thru Lowe’s. They offered me a Samsung re-purchase $899. If I don't purchase one of their machines they would only give me $773 for a non-Samsung washer. I’ve had mine for less than a year. Samsung washer offers expire May 26th.

If you are still paying for your machine like I am, Samsung won’t give you a rebate until you are finished paying for your machine. Fortunately I am almost done but what the heck!!? So if you bought yours on at Lowe’s or Home Depot on their year financing, then you have to finish paying it which defeats the ability to take advantage of the 0% financing. Will NOT replace the dryer so you'll always have a miss matched set unless you let them slap a sticker on it with a latch fix for $150. Your refund, if you choose is not based on when you purchased the machine rather when they made it so it’s the manufacture date.

If you decide to get another brand washer, you have to go buy another machine first, how fun, then send them the documentation to prove it then wait for them to reimburse you. Ohh and btw, it’s only for the cost of the machine you bought not the value they give you... more fun (we all have had that experience of lost receipts or not quite getting what they said initially). They did give me the idea to consider cancelling my Lowe’s extended warranty which I did!! Still haven't decided what to do, but either way I don't see it’s a win for me. Never recommend Samsung products.

I am truly disappointed and appalled on how your company has handled the recall in my case. Your company sent someone to put a kit into our washing machine. After the kit was install my machine is now not working properly and the spin cycle just does not work. Our clothes stay soaked. Drenching soak, after numerous calls and ticket # given and after being told I live in a military community and no company is able to come into the military installation due to security and or not wanting to go through the steps to gain post access and fix the problem. So your company is only giving us the option to accept a rebate. A rebate in which I do not want.

Our washing machine was over $800 and we've had it a little over a year. Your $286 rebate toward the purchase of a new Samsung machine or $153 toward another brand is not enough. Having us come out of pocket over $500. How inconvenient and unfair is that? We sacrifice enough to put an unexpected financial strain due to the lack of your company knowledge of fixing the problem correctly. I'm furious and disappointed. Such a huge company who takes no responsibility.

I have had really without exaggeration the worst purchasing experience of my life in buying ALL new Samsung appliances for my family in the home I am renovating. The washing machine I purchased (Front loader washing machine model # WF42H5200A) has leaked from the first load. I have since been lied to by customer service reps and supervisors, deliberately misinformed, put on hold for more than 30 minutes while a service reps comes back to tell me his supervisor is busy. Had multiple service reps inspect my washing machine with zero follow up by Samsung while it continues to leak all over my home damaging my newly renovated home.

I have been told one day the cracked barrel is "not covered because there is no proof it was a manufacture defect and the burden of proof was mine" (mind you this was by an alleged supervisor) and then told the next day that it is covered but some other rep who had no idea about the ongoing issues I have had for three months. I will be taking Samsung to small claims court. MY recommendation to the CEO Dr. Oh-Hyun Kwon is that he should read up on Dr Edward Deming to learn about the long lasting economic benefits and intrinsic value of "customer loyalty". This company churns out low grade durable goods and points the finger back at you and does everything possible not to honor warranty claims. Customer service with Samsung is criminal. LG will get all of my business when I flip my next house.

We purchased our Samsung washer in 2011. Model number WA5451ANW/XAA. Since purchasing the washer, we've seen rust develop all along the detergent containers (which slide under the lid). Samsung states this problem is cosmetic and will not repair. The washer was just repaired due to Samsung's recall to prevent the machine from breaking apart during the spin cycle. The rust occurred prior to the recall. We are obviously upset that Samsung is not willing to take responsibility for the rust problem. I will use the washer until I can no longer use it, but I am very upset that this $1000 product will become unusable in the near future. We've had the washer five years, and unfortunately, that is just not long enough for an appliance.

I have a top load washing machine that was recalled. I opted for the repair. I went online and picked a date. I received a confirmation email with date I choose 21 Nov 2016. The week before my scheduled appointment I received a voice mail stating that the technician was on his way. I texted them stating I was not at home as I work and cannot just take off. I then received an email stating that my appointment had been moved to 22 Nov 2016. I called Samsung and was told that they should not have changed the date without contacting me but they could not tell me why the date had been moved and that a supervisor would call me by the end of the day. I never received a callback.

On Friday 18 Nov 2016 I received a call from a repair tech stating that he was a mile away. I was off work but was in the process of running errands. I was a block away. I returned home and no one showed up. I called the number that had called me and left a voice mail, and did not receive a callback so I called the main number and was told that it was a long story but the tech would be out between the time I called but no later that 2:30, again no one showed up. I called the main number for the service contractor and told them that I was contacting Samsung since they did not show up again and not to bother coming out since they had not shown up.

I called Samsung and again received many excuses. I told them that I did not want to keep the machine due to the lack of customer service I had received. I was told how much I would receive towards a new washer but there were many hoops that I the consumer had to jump through to receive this refund which was nowhere near the amount I paid for the washing machine. I told them I was not happy with this since it is a defective machine manufactured by Samsung. I was told that supervisor would call me back in 48 hours, again I received no callback. I left to run my errands and received a phone call the tech was at the front door. I then received a call from the tech supervisor stating that the tech was at the front door but since I was not answering my phone they were leaving.

I then received a voice mail from the tech company stating that the service appointment was from 8 to 5 and that I was being difficult. I went online to try and print the refund request and it would not print. I attempted to call Samsung but received a message stating that due to a high volume of calls I would have to call back. I got online and did live chat and was told that I had to apply for the refund but my time may have expired since I choose the repair option but she would send the refund form. One of the requirements to receive a check from Samsung is that the original receipt from the replacement washer has to be submitted. I have never had to submit an original receipt what if I need it at a later date. Rebates only require a copy of the receipt. Samsung is a big joke. They don't give a crap about the customers.

I will never buy any products from Samsung again. I went to do a load of laundry in the Samsung machine and it sounded like it was going to explode. I purchased a new washing machine from a different company but it looks like I will have to pay for that without any assistance from Samsung and their defective piece of scrap metal.

We purchased a top loading washer less than 1 year ago! After hearing about the recall we discovered ours were on the list. We called Lowe's and the sales rep wasn't exactly sure of the process and advised that we call Samsung customer service. Samsung said they would reimburse us for full price but we would be unable to get a matching dryer. Frustrated with not having a matching set that I originally paid for I opted for the repair. Technician takes 10 min to repair the part after having taken off half day of work. Then a week later Samsung sends an "overlay" which is just a sticker to put over the different wash cycles which doesn't even match my dryer.

I've tried to call Samsung on several occasions only to be on hold for over an hour before I finally hang up. I couldn't be more disgusted with Samsung and their inability to make things right!!! I highly recommend another brand and will never purchase another Samsung product!!! Even the service technician advised me to never buy Samsung that he works on them "all day every day"!

I have been dealing with Samsung since August on my machine that was 10 months old - 1st ticket number ** - they were going to have a "certified repair company" call me and schedule a repair. I have already had a company repair twice (they are a certified dealer) but Samsung could not find the previous repair's listed. Certified Company never called. September 2016. 2nd ticket number ** - a executive would call me back if I sent a copy of my receipt to email eFax@sea.samsung.com with subject/name and phone number - they would offer me my choice of full refund or a new machine. Oct 20th sent email as requested - no callback. 3rd ticket number Peter 11/16/2016 ** escalation. Someone would call me back - took all my information - could not find any ticket number. No call back.

4th ticket Eugene 11/17/2016 ** - previous ticket found but they said canceled because I didn't answer my phone. Called back asked for supervisor. Said executive will call back the same day and what time was I available - I said all day - no call. 11/21/2016 I called back to Samsung - they said someone would call. 11/21/2016 - Portia called me said my previous tickets were not canceled because I did not answer - they were canceled because the "certified repair company" did not call the Samsung back. So my ticket was canceled. But good news (ha ha) - the machine is now recalled so I can no longer get a full refund or a new machine. I would have to register online and choose - Repair - from what I have read online - machine's still are having issues with this option.

Buy another Samsung washer and they will give me $448 dollars after I show proof of purchase or buy another machine and show proof of purchase and I will get $350.00. I ask Portia why I would believe anything Samsung is telling me and do they think everyone is rich and can buy two washing machines in one year and hope they get money back? This is terrible - I paid $584.00 for my original Samsung. I had two repairs within 6 months - Very frustrated.

Bought a washer from this company last year. Washer was actually made in 2013. It has now been recalled and I'm being prorated from 2013 when it was manufactured instead of when I bought it in 2015. They are only bandaging the problem. The problem is with the bolt in the the drum. It is too short for the washer machine. If I would have known I was going to be prorated from when it was manufactured I would have just bought a Whirlpool. I have had issues with the washer from day one of buying it. Have had service done on it only to have the same problem continued. Ended up going to a laundromat to wash clothes.

For a washer I just paid off a month ago opted out of having the top reinforced and a computer board put in to where I could not put my washer on high speed on a sticker stating that I would not on a washer I had paid for. This is a huge slap in the face. I also had the Note 7 in the same house I'm living in that was blowing up. I will no longer be getting any Samsung products and if I were you I would do the same. Stay away from them.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Samsung's name is associated with quality, and produces everything from electronics to home appliances. Based in South Korea, the company generated a massive 305 billion dollars in 2014, employs nearly 500,000 people and sells its products to nearly every country in the world.

• Energy Star options galore: Many of Samsung's washers were designated under Energy Star's "Most Efficient" washers category in 2014, pointing to serious cost savings on energy. In fact, Samsung as a whole won Energy Star's Partner of the Year award for its commitment to energy efficiency.
  • Noise-reduction: Samsung washers are known for their noise-reduction technology, meaning consumers can enjoy some peace and quiet while their washers run.
  • Smart control features: Many Samsung washers bring control to a whole new level. Consumers can control washers from apps on their smartphones or interact with intelligent LCD panels to choose from a huge variety of washing options, speeds and automatic settings.
  • Speed is built-in: Samsung washers are developed with speed in mind, with many models offering the SuperSpeed option. This can reduce washing times compared to standard washers by up to 50 percent, even for full loads.
  • Best for People who like advanced features, families and professionals.

Compare Washers and Dryers