Samsung Washers

Compare Washers and Dryers

Research top Washers and Dryers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

It's all about appearance not reliability any longer. A basic good quality does not exist. When washers are made of plastic with steel you can expect a short life span. Samsung is the worst in quality I have ever seen and yet no recourse to all the customers that purchased their junk. I will never purchase a Samsung product.

Have had the Samsung front loader, high capacity, steam washer and dryer set for 6 mos. Received a "close out deal" from Sears so, excellent pricing. Picked them up and did an easy install at home. Lots of convenient, easy to use functions. The pair sits very low to the ground. I would recommend purchasing the stands. The jury is still out on the reliability since we are only 6 months in. They do an excellent job of cleaning and drying. So far, so good.

Really love my washing machine, no problems with so far! However the recall process that Samsung has started is a mess! I opted to have mine repaired because I love it but the first 3 appointments were no show/no calls. The repair has finally been done and now I'm concerned about the future performance of my machine given what I've recently learned from others in the same situation. I feel like the options Samsung offered to its customers are lackluster and confusing. I don't know if I will purchase Samsung again.

I purchased a Samsung washing machine 2 years ago. I was compelled to buy that particular machine due to the deep tub for washing bedding. In fact there was a bedding cycle on the dial and it used hot water so I was sold. I paid about 800 at Lowe's and also bought the 4 year warranty. Then they had a recall that included my model. Seems they are exploding and injuring people. I was given very limited options; they would refund me $150 if I bought a new machine or $250 if I bought another Samsung, or, they could repair it and extend the warranty a year.

Since I could not take that kind of financial loss on a product so recently purchased I opted for the repair. Took them over 2 months and 3rd scheduled call before service call. However, my washer is not returned to original status. They placed a new sticker on the dial and told me I have to use delicates for bedding which doesn't use hot water. I am so disappointed in this. They should be replacing these washers if they are deemed unsafe to use a normal cycle on bedding. This recall is a scam!!

The washer shook and then one day it leaked. The news and internet warned about this washer blowing up, so we were able to return it to Lowe's who was very understanding. My daughters have the same washer and when they called Samsung, since it was a month out of warranty, they were refused a replacement and offered $100. If this washer blows up, I have sent Samsung 2 emails to let them know that I will take legal action.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Computers and Monitors?

Purchased the top loading washer machine in 2015. Sears extended warranty replaced $2100 dollars worth of parts and labor before they gave me $700 dollars towards a new machine and Samsung offered me $45 dollars and a apology on their exploding machine. Filed complaint with Better Business bureau with no response from Samsung. My recommendation is if you need to buy Samsung make sure you purchase the 20 year extended warranty because their products need constant repair. They do not care about your investment or problems with the machines. They want you to throw that one away and buy a new one.

My less than one year old Samsung Top Load Washer was recalled because the Top can explode and cause injury, and has caused grave injury to many. Samsung offered 1/2 the price of the washer as a rebate to buy another Samsung (of which retailers are still selling this machine that they say are repaired). I had mine "repaired" but 1/2 the settings cannot be used and bedding/bulky items have to be washed on delicate which leaves them wet now. 2 stickers were placed on the machine, and a sticker on controls. When a tech repaired the top the bolts taken off the machine were rusted. On a less than 1 yr old machine that is subject to water?

Do Not purchase a Samsung Washer. Now the newly "fixed" machines tops are exploding and coming loose. Another disaster. Also: the extended warranty companies are not classifying these recalled dangerous machines as "Lemons" under warranty replacement clause? These machines are Dangerous, Lemons and should be "junked" immediately before someone get killed. Being killed by your washing machine should not be part of a consumers worry.

Samsung has horrible customer service! My POS quit working!! Can't find anyone in my area to repair it. Unit is only 5 months old. Called and called Samsung. Keep getting lame excuses. Done with Samsung products.

Called to see if washer was on the recall list. It was. They took all of my information model and serial number. I went out the next day and bought a new washer and dryer. About a week later they email me my rebate form and at the bottom it wants the two stickers with the model number and serial number. When I spoke with them I was never told this. So I called. Told them I have a picture that would work. Include in your refund with proof of purchase of the new washer. Called last week to check on status. I was told I didn't fill out the paperwork correctly. They could help me without the stickers. Lowe's used a 3 party that delivered and took the old ones away. Told them there was no way I could get those sticker and if they had told me about it when we spoke I would have removed them.

No one wanted to take ownership of this. They gave me number after number to call and they all said, "Sorry you need to call the rebate center." One of the numbers was the corporate office. She said she would look into this and call me back. Next morning I receive a call and was told sorry there is nothing they can do. I shouldn't be punished due to their mistake but I am. I told them they have lost so much money. They are trying to cheat and keep as much as they can. Asked to speak or the number at corporate. Was told no number just an email. If there is a class action lawsuit against them include me. Bottom line is Samsung is punishing me because I did what they told me to do. If they had sent the papers or told me the same day, they would have been removed. They had enough nerve to tell me if I can find the stickers they could help me.

I bought a washer a year ago and so far it has been subject to a recall and have to have repair service over 4 times. I called the Samsung Company and the lady said she would have the manager get back to me within 24 to 48 hours. They never got back to me. I have waited weeks between repair visits for our repairman to finally show up and have probably spent more cash at the laundromats than the washer is worth. DO NOT BUY FROM SAMSUNG.

I purchased a set of the Samsung washer/dryer 9000 series the was which is now under recall has been a nightmare, constantly shutting off and throwing codes. The dryer has completely stopped working and these appliances are LESS than a year old. The only thing worse than the product is the customer service. I have been dragging to the laundromat for almost two weeks now. I have never had such a bad time setting a repair up. The website will not let you finish the repair report to send and the phone center is useless. I'm going on week 3. I am buying a used dryer until I can get mine fixed. It will be less money than the laundromat. HORRIBLE. DO NOT BUY.

I purchased not one but 2 Samsung washers. The first was part of a set, costing $1900, delivered Aug, 2015. We learned of the top load washer recall on TV 11/4/2016. 11/5/2016, we registered our washer and requested a rebate. We then chose to purchase the same model from J.C. Penney as one of the recommended retailers selling the what we thought, was the new, improved and safer model. It was delivered 11/15/2016 and found to be another recalled washer, DELIVERED FROM A SAMSUNG WAREHOUSE IN JACKSONVILLE, FL. I discussed this with a Samsung escalated manager and we agreed to have the 2nd one "fixed" and receive a full refund. The fix is not a root cause fix, simply a band aid, preventing the lid from becoming a missile.

NO ONE at Samsung will respond to my calls, queries. They've applied the "fix" to my 1st washer, 2 days after it was hauled off and closed the case! The "fixed" machine keeps recycling on the rinse/spin cycle. It also displays a DC error message, indicating the load is off balance when in fact, it's an equal distribution of laundry. Also, we are not allowed to use the robust cycles we were promised with the purchase. 3 months ago I had a high powered, high capacity, quiet washer. Today I have a shoddy, noisy washer. Please HELP the consumers! I am one of thousands of duped customers. It's a dangerous washer and Samsung is not responding in a respectful manner, to say the least.

The washer and dryer are easy to use and do a good job of washing and drying. The washer has many presets for water temp and spin speed but you can change them if desired for most of the cycle settings.

I'm blaming Samsung On This!! Also on Lowe's!! And their techs Servicequick!! ServiceQuick is very unprofessional, they have no clue on how to fix a washer machine. Samsung is clearly buying the cheapest service techs on the market. Less than a year old washer machine, had to wait for a week for a tech to come and take a look. Machine was making loud noise and he only recorded sound and left. After 4 days they called back saying that machine was getting drum replace next week. Waited another week send different tech and this guy took cover off, saw rust leaked on motor, took a picture and he said motor needed to be replace. He didn't put any effort to see where the leak was coming from. Had to wait another week for tech to come and replace motor and drum and some other parts.

They put covers and panel on the cement and now I have scratches all over the covers and scuff marks on the washer panel. They also placed their tools on the dryer and have scuff marks on it, and the installation of the drum was really bad, is all off balance, there is a 1 inch gap between the drum and the sealing gasket. Not only I wasn't able to use the machine for a month, but they keep on messing up. Now I have to send pictures of the scratches, and scuff marks on the panels and covers and they need to come and redo the drum to balance it properly. This guys were in a rush, my machine is less than a year old and is already has cosmetic damage and major parts being replaced. I blame Samsung on this for not picking quality service tech, I blame them for not just replacing the machine.

I'm all frustrated now. I keep on calling Samsung, Lowe's, and complaining about this situation but they don't even care. Well, Horrible, I bought this Machine at Lowe's. They sell a 3 year insurance which they are not responsible for the first year so in reality is just a 2 year. They put the first year on Samsung factory warranty, and Samsung pays this HORRIBLE! ServiceQuick people to do the repairs.

This is one of the worst appliances I have ever purchased. What is worse than the washer is Samsung's Customer Service. When I first purchased my washer 2 years ago, within a few weeks it started stopping just around the time the spin cycle was to being and "ds" would flash on the panel. I called Samsung Customer Service, which basically takes you through an automated maze until you actually get to a human being.

Talking to a machine would have been more helpful than the lady I spoke to. I have never before had someone tell me that I had to diagnose my own washer issues because if I could not fix it myself, they would charge me to send out a technician. REALLY? After 45 minutes of wasting my time (and ignoring my saying that it was still under warranty) she finally agreed to send out a technician. Then proceeded to tell me AGAIN, that I might be charged for the visit.

When the technician finally came, he supposedly checked everything and said nothing was wrong. I told him that I kept getting a "ds" message and asked what it meant. Never got a proper answer. To add to all this, Samsung issued a warning about its washers stating that the doors might "fly off" during the spin cycle. WOW... So here I go again, through the automated maze to schedule to have a technician come out and "fix" the issue. Needless to say, no one came at the appointed time. After calling twice, I was finally told that the person would come a week later.

Yes he showed up and tightened the door, or something, and said it was all good. However, I could no longer wash any of my bedding in the machine. I would have to send it out to wash. OK, so why do I have a washer at home if I need to send out my washing. I took a chance and mentioned that I kept getting the "ds" message more often and asked if he knew why. He said it was possible that the door lock was defective. Why OH why was I not told that when the first technician came around? Now that my machine was no longer under warranty I am being told this. "OK, so can you fix it", I asked. "No I cannot, that would require another technician". So now I have a washer in which I cannot wash most of my items and a door lock that is defective. Maybe I should have bought the Whirlpool. You live and you learn. NEVER again a Samsung.

The washer does a alright job: it does not always get food stains out. Very disappointed about how it is put together. We chose to have it repaired with the recall and were amazed that two small pieces of plastic held the lid on.

We had to retire our Bosch laundry pair late last year, and we researched a few brands to replace them. We needed an under-the-counter form factor, and Samsung fitted the bill. So far, the washer and dryer have performed very well. They are reasonably quiet, and do a good job. We like the large number of preset cycles, with the option of adding a customized cycle. We also like the music it plays at the beginning and end of the cycles! Overall, we're very pleased with our Samsung laundry pair. Let's hope they continue to do well...

These Samsung Washer and Dryer units have never worked properly; then there was a recall and they sent DISH TV to repair my appliances. Now my washer will not spin out at all. Have been trying to get them fixed for the last two weeks. Going through a major hassle and headache just trying to get service. Seems there is no one in my area (Houston, TX is the 4th largest city in the USA) that speaks English. Go figure. Cannot get any help or support with Samsung and these units are only 2 weeks out of warranty! SAMSUNG SUCKS A BIG ONE AND I DO NOT RECOMMEND THAT ANYONE BUY ONE!!!

I purchased a Samsung washer a few months ago. It was over $600.00. I am on social security and live on a very fixed income and it took me over a year to save the money. Well, the one I purchased is on the recall list. I have been going back and forth with them for 2 months now. On the paper they sent me it states "if you prefer to purchase a new washer, Samsung is offering an exchange rebate Towards The Purchase of a new washer." Now they want me to buy ANOTHER washer, send in a rebate form and WAIT 6 to 12 weeks to get my money back!! I bought a junk washing machine and they recalled it and now that is my fault? All they need to do is have Lowe's pick up this crappy machine and let me pick a new one out (Not a Samsung, I will never purchase a Samsung product again). I want to go higher up to deal with this, but don't know how to. Can anyone help me?

Scam or farce are good words to summarize Samsung, their top load washers, and their recall process. They are knowingly putting faulty machines out there, and taking the money of honest hard working consumers!

I purchased a Samsung top loader that ended up on the recall list. Their "fix" means that now my machine doesn't wash bedding correctly, and it comes out sopping wet, and is still considered dangerous. This machine was specifically touted for washing bedding when purchased. I consider that fraud. And they sent a sticker to cover over the wash cycles, so now my dryer doesn't match the look of the washer anymore. The other option of rebate, offered a pittance of the original purchase price 3 short years ago. They offer a tad more if I repurchase a Samsung which I think is unconscionable that they are actually making more money off of their knowing debacle! I have read that Samsung knew about this extreme dangerous washer for years, even when I purchased mine! Furthermore, even before this recall, my machine never filled with enough water during wash cycles. I am extremely dissatisfied with this purchase!!!

Absolute horrible experience. Why in the world are they using Dish network to repair broken appliances. Please. Not only does Dish Network not show up when they are scheduled, Samsung will not stand behind their promise to get these machines fixed. Do yourself a favor and buy another brand that will stand behind their products. They should spend a few bucks and get accredited repairmen and not use a television person. Horrible experience.

Samsung has cheated me with their recall. My promised large capacity machine that would do bedding is now unusable for that purpose. Recall work does not restore these machines to their original performance level and all bedding must now be washed on delicate. No one would buy a machine that would only do bedding on delicate. Samsung is trying to make it appear they are doing right with their recall but they are cheating consumers. I now have a useless machine that has potential to still explode despite recall work.

Bought my Samsung washer on 11/2012. We had several service calls done before the warranty was even up. Then we started having the tank lose control when spinning. This would be on 5 tshirts not just bedding. I would have a load and then remove half of it just to get the tank to spin without erroring out. But it then got worse and I couldn't even use it anymore. It sounded like it was going to explode. So this year I went and bought a new set of Whirlpool washer and dryer (my only other set I've ever had was Whirlpool and lasted me 14 years). So I'm out another $1400.00 for a new set. We did have our other set repaired when the recall came out and my sister was trying to use it but the repair just put brackets on to hold the lid on so it doesn't blow off. The spinning still shakes the whole washer and now I have a set of machines taking up space in my garage that I can't do anything with. Thank you for your time.

I own a Samsung front loader washing machine. The machine spins violently and travels during the spin. I purchased this product at Lowe's and when I tried to return it I was told that it would not be possible as the time had expired for the return. They came out and put pads under the feet but this does not stop the violent spins even on low. I am very dissatisfied with this product and will not ever purchase this brand again.

I am the owner of a recalled Samsung Top Loading washer. I am very disappointed with SAMSUNG. I have had three service visits and our washing machine has yet to be repaired. Samsung has always had wonderful products in the past. What happened?

I am appalled at the service I received about having this washing machine replaced. This product isn't worth the money I wasted on purchasing it. The machine takes forever to wash and it doesn't clean well and it sometimes have to restarted several times before the cycle can be completed. I want the product replaced because this is not what I signed up for when I purchased this product.

A 2012 model of this Samsung WA48H7400AP washing machine came with a house we purchased. In the fall of 2016 the machine spewed water all over our basement. After doing some research I realized having it repaired was pointless and the reviews of the customer service Samsung provides were enough to make me stay away from the brand when buying a replacement. I purchased a new machine from Whirlpool and when the rebate option was announced I sent it a request. On 2/4/17 I received a $31 check. Samsung you have lost my business forever.

In July 2016 we bought the Samsung top-loading washer, model WA45H7000AW. This washer does not fill enough water to wash the clothes. With a Normal load, it fills to less than 3, or sometime 4, inches. This is not enough to rinse out the dirt. The dirt is loosened by agitation, but then it collects in the folds of the clothes and does not get rinsed away -- because there is not enough water to rinse the dirt away. The service guy told us that this is how the washer was designed -- to save water. But it saves too much water! The guy also told us how to force the machine to add more water. (There is no manual control for water level.) But then the washer fills to the top, wasting lots and lots of water!

Dish network repaired the lid which is not attached secure. The washer has vibration issues and cannot complete a load. I have contacted Samsung through website and calls. I cannot get this washer repaired. This is a $600 hunk of junk. No one should purchase a Samsung washer. I have read the reviews and Samsung is not fixing these washers. I will never have another one of their products in my home including their phones that they literally screwed people over on.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Samsung's name is associated with quality, and produces everything from electronics to home appliances. Based in South Korea, the company generated a massive 305 billion dollars in 2014, employs nearly 500,000 people and sells its products to nearly every country in the world.

• Energy Star options galore: Many of Samsung's washers were designated under Energy Star's "Most Efficient" washers category in 2014, pointing to serious cost savings on energy. In fact, Samsung as a whole won Energy Star's Partner of the Year award for its commitment to energy efficiency.
  • Noise-reduction: Samsung washers are known for their noise-reduction technology, meaning consumers can enjoy some peace and quiet while their washers run.
  • Smart control features: Many Samsung washers bring control to a whole new level. Consumers can control washers from apps on their smartphones or interact with intelligent LCD panels to choose from a huge variety of washing options, speeds and automatic settings.
  • Speed is built-in: Samsung washers are developed with speed in mind, with many models offering the SuperSpeed option. This can reduce washing times compared to standard washers by up to 50 percent, even for full loads.
  • Best for People who like advanced features, families and professionals.

Compare Washers and Dryers