3.9/5 (725 ratings)

About Samsung Washers

Samsung is a leading appliance and electronics brand headquartered in Seoul. Samsung makes multiple home products, including smart vacuums, kitchen appliances and laundry appliances, including washers. The company’s washers are widely available online and in retail stores nationwide.

Pros

• Energy-efficient
  • Long product life
  • Multiple price points
  • Financing available

Cons

• Short return period
  • Can be pricey

Bottom Line

Samsung is a great choice for consumers who like options. The company sells economical and luxury choices with energy-efficient and smart technology features.

Top Samsung Washers Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

The Samsung washer dryer combo works really well in small spaces. We live in a condo and we love it because of its size … It's so easy to use, just wash a load of clothes and when...

Verified

Very well made- we do laundry 5 days a wk. 1 issue in 5yrs. Highly recommended by me. I'm Samsung washer and TVs type of person. Check them out first, you won't want to look at an...

About Samsung Washers

Samsung washers offer a variety of features to make cleaning your clothes simple, fast and energy-efficient.

Samsung washers are available as 2-in-1, front-load and top-load models. The company offers several colors, including white, champagne-colored or fingerprint-resistant black stainless steel. Samsung washers are available online and at major retailers and home improvement stores, including Best Buy, Home Depot, Lowe’s and Sears.

Available features and functions include:

• FlexWash
  • AddWash
  • activewash
  • Steam-washing technology
  • ENERGY STAR-certified
  • Wi-Fi connectivity
  • Vibration-reduction technology
  • Super speed

Each Samsung washing machine includes several settings for water temperature, cycle length, spin speed and soil levels. Some Samsung washers can be paired with Alexa or Google Assistant to let you control the appliance remotely.

To care for your Samsung washer, be sure to use the right detergent, avoid overloading the washer and move clean clothes from the washer as soon as the cycle is complete.

Samsung washing machine price

Samsung washers start at $600 and can cost up to $1,900. Front-load washers cost more than top-load washers, and adding certain features, such as Wi-Fi capability or vibration-reduction technology, increases the final cost of the appliance. Samsung has sales throughout the year and frequently offers free shipping on its products. Financing is available for qualified buyers.

Samsung Washers FAQ

How long do Samsung washing machines last?

With proper maintenance, a Samsung washing machine can last up to 15 years. Washing machines that are used more frequently than average, however, may not last as long as expected.

What Samsung washers have been recalled?

Samsung recalled 34 models of high-efficiency, top-loading washers sold between March 2011 and November 2016. You can view a full list of the affected models and what to do next on the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission’s website.

How long is the Samsung washing machine warranty?

Samsung includes a 24-month warranty on all washers. You can also purchase an extended warranty that covers the repair or replacement of your appliance for an additional one to five years.

How does Samsung front load washer work?

Front-load washers fill the bottom of the inner tub with water and use the side paddles and rotational spinning to lift the clothes in and out of the water, which removes dirt and stains from fabric. Many people prefer front-load washers, though they do tend to be heavier, noisier and more expensive.

Are Samsung Washers good?

The features and functions of Samsung washers make the company a popular choice in the industry. With options to pretreat, steam and speed wash clothes, you can spend less time doing laundry. A limited number of Samsung washing machine models have been recalled, but overall, we recommend Samsung washers because they are energy-efficient, reliable and can last up to 15 years.

Samsung Washers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Washers?

Original review: Nov. 18, 2022

Not enough water in any cycle. Owned for 3 years and outside is rusting. Softener dispenser never worked from day one. Service man called and said he didn't know how to fix it, call someone else. I did, and no one to this day has shown up. I will "Never" purchase another Samsung product of any kind!!!! Welcome to Chinese manufacturers!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2022

I bought Samsung washer/dryer last year, washer (WF45R6300AV) did not last 13 months. The nut that holds counterweight around wash drum snapped, making the washer unusable, contacted Samsung service provider who told us it is not repairable, cutting my losses and going with LG washer WM4000HBA from Costco as they have 2 years warranty. Plus I bought 3 years additional warranty just in case, I had Maytag washer/ dryer for 18 years, upgraded and replaced with Samsung and regretted my decision.

Get buying tips about Washers and Dryers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2022

About three years after purchasing my washing machine (2016), I noticed rust forming around the bleach compartment. There was no open recall or warranty on it until last year (2021). I filled out the necessary forms, and submitted documentation of my issue. Samsung reached out to me in September of 2022 to resubmit the information. Then I received another email that someone will be contacting me to schedule the repair. No one ever did, but I kept getting tickets numbers cancelled because somehow they tried contacting me but they couldn't. I have no missed calls, voicemails, emails, text messages, blocked calls, etc ..as proof of them contacting me. However, I decided to reach out and contact them myself to set up the appointment.

Someone was sent to my home not knowing the reason he was there. He didn't come with any replacement parts or anything to fix my issue. He said he will contact his supervisor and get back to me. That never happened. I contacted Samsung once again only to find hear that nothing else can be done to repair my washer because it's out of warranty. Apparently, it's an issue with many washers, and they're doing everything in their power to not have to pay to repair their faulty engineering. I will be shopping with another company. I've heard of how bad their customer service is when it comes to issues as such, but now since I experienced it for myself, I can believe it now.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2022

We bought this product 15 months ago and within this time the drum has a big hole in it… How does this happen when there’s only two people at home using this appliance.. My husband went to Orville's to discuss this issue and the lady there told my husband, "I’m sorry but our appliances only last about three years." How unprofessional however how true because we also have a microwave drawer from Sharp that we bought at the same time and it doesn’t heat. I am hoping that Samsung come through in the right thing. I need to repair is it a replaces the dryer.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2022

My washer/dryer broke down. I looked at local stores for a deal on both of them, but it was unsatisfactory. Someone suggested I go to www.samsung.com, because they can get us a good deal. I ordered both water/dryer, with the help of "Abdul from Qatar" as a customer representative. Great deal, free delivery and hauling of the old washer/dryer, minimal fee for installation. Delivery date: 3 days later (November 9th). Great. I wait for their confirmation phone call of the time of the delivery, only to receive an email informing me that the delivery day will be DECEMBER 31st! I spoke to 3 representatives who first said that I was "unreachable", even though I kept my phone next to me the whole day, I told them that's a lie and I can prove it with phone records from my company. Then, they said that due to the tropical storm "Nicole", the warehouse decided to close until December!

I told them that's another lie, because warehouses only close for a couple of days during storms, not a MONTH! I told them that I am getting ready to write to Consumer Affairs, Yelp and Better Business Bureau about my experience with Samsung.com and advise everyone to beware of its practices. I told them I want a full refund or a delivery asap. Finally they said that can schedule it for November 14, which is already 5 days late. I agreed, but I do not trust that they will keep their promise.

Had I known that I would be fooled like that, I would have bought my washer/dryer from the store. I have a large family and I need to do laundry every other day. Having a washer/dryer is not a luxury, it's a NECESSITY. That being said, I may add to this review if Samsung decides to not fulfill their promise again. People, beware.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2022

I purchased a Samsung washer and dryer a year ago. I ordered it originally in August but it was on backorder. I was informed that it would not be available for two months. Unfortunately I had to switch payment methods because my credit card was stolen. They would hold the money on your card. So I had to redo the order in September. Well I received my washer and dryer on October 30th 2021. Less than a year later my dryer stopped working. Would not come on.

This is when the headache comes in. I called Samsung care by the way they don't. Told them what was going on. They told me my warranty expired in September. Wait what. Remember I said I didn't get it until October 30th. Well I got my receipts and bank statement to show it was delivered and charged on October 30th. They said they were going to only honor the warranty from my order date. People since when can a one year warranty expire before you receive and pay for the merchandise? Think about it this way.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2022

Bought new washer set 1 &1/2 years ago. Just after 1 year mark acting a little off. Run extra cycles of rinse and spin without being selected occasionally to constantly now. Unless ready to replace parts from here on I don't recommend. Hope they fixed issue with later models. Did check and ours isn't part of recall.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2022

We purchased a Samsung washer, dryer and 2 pedestals on 9/4/21. They were not all delivered and installed until mid Oct 2021. On Sept 30,2022 while washing a regular size load of laundry (it’s only my husband and I using the machine) the washer started banging loudly - then water and what seemed like pieces of cement started spewing all over the walls and floor. We called Samsung customer service and after many conversations we were told we would be given an exception for repair since our machines had not been installed until mid Oct, 2021.

The Samsung repair guy came out and discovered that a ring within the washer had literally broken in 1/2 and a huge bolt was broken in two. This is were the pieces of a cement like substance that filled the ring was coming from. He told us the machine could not be repaired- it would have to be replaced - and Samsung would contact us. My husband called back to customer support and after 1.5 hrs and 5 different people- he was told that our warranty had expired and we were not covered.

We spent over $2200 on washer/dryer and 2 pedestals- as a matching set - and now I will have to pay for a new machine out of pocket - in less than a year… I had an LG washer and dryer for 14 years… Washing clothes for 6 people and never had a single problem. My kids all moved out and I wanted a new set… I feel like I made a huge mistake purchasing from Samsung.

After looking online today for a new washer - I have seen multiple pics others have posted with the w the same broken ring on their Samsung washers… and Samsung not honoring the warranty- obviously this is a problem… and incredibly disappointing. I would have NEVER dreamed I’d be dealing with a machine that can’t be repaired - we are under a year using them - there are 2 of us… and we wash 1-2 regular to small loads per week! I cannot trust that a new Samsung washer won’t do the same- which means I will have to replace the dryer and pedestals as well if I want them to match. I need someone to contact me and make this right… but I’m not counting on it @samsung

Original review: Sept. 28, 2022

Brought a Samsung washer and dryer 3 years ago. Only use washer once a week and rarely use bleach. The washer is rusting around the bleach compartment. I purchased the extended warranty for both from Home Depot. Call Samsung 1st and told them my problem. They told me I had to contact Home Depot. Called Home Depot and they say RUST is not covered under the extended warranty and it was a Samsung problem. Called back to Samsung and told them what Home Depot said and the tech on the phone looked up some stuff and told me there was a Warranty Exception that could be used to repair my washer.

A ticket was made and sent to the repair company. The repair company call and told me it was not covered under warranty and gave me a price to repair it. The price to repair my problem is a few dollars less than what I paid for the washer new. So call Samsung back and this time I was told that my problem is not covered and I would have to get it fixed on my own. I gave them the name of the 1st person that told me that it was covered and they told me that person didn’t know that it wasn’t a warranty issue, then they told me, "Thank you for calling Samsung" and hung up. Will Not Buy Samsung Samsung Products Again.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2022

Order was placed through Samsung July 9th for washer/dryer and installation. Had 2 dryers dropped off and both were broken. Decided to return the items and purchase LG. Have scheduled twice (XPO Logistics) since getting approval from Samsung for all equipment to be returned. XPO Logistics failed to find my house after already being here 3 times. 4 delivery days, 4 hours each and 4 days. After hours of dealing with Samsung customer service and XPO, I still have 2 broken dryers, pedestals and a working washing machine in my garage. I now spell Samsung, LG. I will not do business personal/professional with XPO either.

Samsung Washers Company Information