Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Samsung Washers Reviews

Original review: June 19, 2019

Yesterday, on June 18th, 2019, I used the washer machine and the machine’s error code appeared while I was away from home. My boyfriend’s roommate messages us the error code dc. I noticed that the machine kept adding more water and additional time to extend the cycle’s interval and the loads would be really wet. So I called Samsung direct line 1-800-726-7864 and I was able to connect with the repair company called Tekniton. Teknition told me that the warranty for the recall of the machine was expired and I asked about extending it and not paying for inspection, labor, and parts.

I was advised to call back the 1-800 number and spoke to a representative named Nicole. She told me that she would speak to a supervisor to request for one time accommodation and to cover the repair. I was so thankful for that because my boyfriend called last March 2018 to get the same machine fixed. Now the machine needed to be repaired again and the costs were outrageous. So by noon of June 19th, 2019, I was able to schedule an appointment for repair service on Monday, June 24th, 2019!

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

Cleaning the gasket around the door is a real pain especially when you have a dog. The washer always smells no matter how often I clean it, I will never buy a front loader again. I heard that other people have the same problem with front loading washers of other brands. One thing I do love about this washer is the big capacity tub for large loads, I washed 2 sets of king sheets together and they came out perfect.

Get expert buying tips about Washers and Dryers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

My washer does a great job of cleaning all items it washes. Uses very little water. The machine weighs the load and uses the appropriate amount of water needed to get the job done. There is no rinse and hold cycle, which I really miss. To soak items, I have to let the machine run for a while so water amount can build up, then stop the machine for a while to soak the items. Inconvenient but effective.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

I'm on my second set of Samsung's W&D. The first washer was recalled due to exploding top. I used a generous rebate to purchase the replacement. While I didn't have any issues with the first one, I decided to not take any chances; it performed admirably. The replacement is just as good, however, there are times when the load (heavy) becomes unbalanced, requiring a re-shuffle of the contents. The dryer was purchased to match the new washer. It is way more advanced than the first, e.g., steam capable; mixed-load drying, plus. I'm into my third year with this combo; so far so good.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

This is by a long shot the best washer/dryer I have ever bought. It is very well thought out and for example I purchased a GE washer/dryer about 3 years ago, and started having problems right away with fungal growth around the agitator about 1 month after I bought it. GE denied there was a design flaw in their washer dryer combo and never fixed the combo machine. My laundry room always smelled like rotten eggs and my clothing looked grungy. I had to bring my clothes to the laundromat to get them clean. This machine is a hard working joy (the Samsung) compared to the GE. I was so ashamed and disgusted with the GE.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Computers and Monitors?

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

TLDR: My Samsung washing machine dryer got broken after 2 years. I paid for the repairs, Samsung technicians botched the job, now Samsung Support wants me to pay again. And don't bother checking Samsung's website for reviews, they won't post bad ones. Let me start by saying this Samsung washing machine is only 2 years old. I run the eco tub clean every 1-2 weeks, and fill it with clothes only up to half the tub max. It was last month when it started that our Samsung washing machine makes scraping noises during the spin cycle. It doesn't dry the clothes properly, either. But what prompted me to call Samsung appliances support is the burnt smell from our washing machine. It was so strong that I could smell it from the kitchen outside the laundry room.

I knew that our washing machine was out of warranty and I'd need to pay for service. However, I still called Samsung washing machine repair because I wanted it done right. Boy, I was so wrong. Dealing with Samsung Support is terrible and nothing short of stressful and frustrating. The Samsung-accredited technicians (no, they aren't directly employed by Samsung but are an outsourced company) came and "assessed" the washer. They opened some panels, made the washer run a few seconds, closed it up, then said the washing machine drain motor and all 4 absorbers are bad. They said someone will give us a quote for the parts and labor. It probably took 5 minutes, including opening the washer. We paid them for "checking" the washer, then they left. The next day, I found out they disabled the washing machine so I couldn't use it.

We did receive the quote after a few days from a regular mobile number. I called Samsung support again to make sure that the quote is legitimate and that the technicians are indeed related to them. They said yes, we agreed to have the washer repaired, and after a few mix-ups with the schedule, the technicians came to replace the said parts which took about 10 minutes. But the issue on my Samsung washing machine persisted. It did not go away even for a single wash cycle.

I called Samsung again. The Samsung Support agent insisted that I have to pay again for the technicians to come and check the washing machine again. I argued that I already paid and the Samsung washing machine repair didn't fix the issue. At the end of a frustrating call, she said she'll escalate the case. Several days later, someone called and said they stand by their decision that I have to pay again for a bogus repair job done by their Samsung-accredited technicians. More arguments, stress, and frustration over Samsung support. They said they'll escalate again and call me back. They can't even tell me how long I should wait for a callback.

After a few days, I called them AGAIN to follow up. Later that day, I received a call from a manager who said in so many words that I have to pay AGAIN to have the Samsung washing machine checked AGAIN. Arguments, stress and frustration again. Then the manager said she "made a deal" with the Samsung-accredited technicians. They will take my washer to their service center to run diagnostics, and they agreed to have the labor and transportation fee waived. I'll only need to pay for more replacement washing machine parts, if needed. Now I'm still waiting for their call to tell me how long they'll keep my washer.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2019

I have a three year old set. At year 2 the mother board crashed. The parts and labor was over $300. At year 2.5 the hall sensor went out (per the error code). I replaced that and parts and labor was $100. At year 3 the water inlet valve went out. Parts and labor is going to be $175. The washer also has severe rust around all of the detergent fill areas some of which has eaten all the way through. Instead of pouring more money down the drain on this obvious lemon I am going to replace it. I found out it was recalled and Samsung offered me a $9 rebate to replace it. I am so mad I want to ship the washer to Korea and book a flight so I can hand deliver it to their corporate lobby!

Original review: Nov. 8, 2019

I have had my Samsung washing machine for 2 years. I have had it repaired in my home four times for the exact same reason. Now it is gone out again for 5th time. I've called Samsung and they say I have to pay for their washing machine's problem even though this washing machine and the part that keeps malfunctioning is on a recall. This company really sucks. I wished I would have bought of Whirlpool.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

I had a very very bad experience with customer service of this company to fix my new washing machine. 4 times they sent a technician to fix my new washer and finally he said, "It’s manufacturing problem and you need to contact Samsung customer service to replace it" or compensate me. But, unfortunately it’s the worst customer service ever I have seen in my life. They refused and want to send a new technician to try again. It’s 2 months now and they still trying to fix it. Liars and deceptive people.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2019

DO NOT BUY SAMSUNG. I wonder when government will put a stop to allow import of faulty products, that is proven over the years. My washer is 3 yrs old. I start getting the error 4E. Called technician and he said will cost me USD 600.00 and also he cannot guarantee that will not break within 1 year. Unfortunately, I will have to buy another washer when I will be able to find the funds, but I find unacceptable that some authority is not able to forbid selling this product. I work for my money, and is not fair to be ripped off like in wild, wild west.

Roxana.

Samsung Computers and Monitors expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Samsung's name is associated with quality, and produces everything from electronics to home appliances. Based in South Korea, the company generated a massive 305 billion dollars in 2014, employs nearly 500,000 people and sells its products to nearly every country in the world.

• Energy Star options galore: Many of Samsung's washers were designated under Energy Star's "Most Efficient" washers category in 2014, pointing to serious cost savings on energy. In fact, Samsung as a whole won Energy Star's Partner of the Year award for its commitment to energy efficiency.

• Noise-reduction: Samsung washers are known for their noise-reduction technology, meaning consumers can enjoy some peace and quiet while their washers run.

• Smart control features: Many Samsung washers bring control to a whole new level. Consumers can control washers from apps on their smartphones or interact with intelligent LCD panels to choose from a huge variety of washing options, speeds and automatic settings.

• Speed is built-in: Samsung washers are developed with speed in mind, with many models offering the SuperSpeed option. This can reduce washing times compared to standard washers by up to 50 percent, even for full loads.

• Best for: People who like advanced features, families and professionals.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs