Protect what matters most

Protect yourself from the unexpected - Shop home warranty companies.

Protect my home
Samsung Washers
3.75/5

Samsung Washers

Protect what matters most

Protect yourself from the unexpected - Shop home warranty companies.

Protect my home

1993 Samsung Washers Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

Excellent value. The only problem that I can see with this washer and dryer combination is if you attempt to stack the two units. The controls for the dryer are on the top of the dryer, 7 or so feet about the ground. Not good if you have a 4'11" wife! Other than that, these units are easy to use, very good looking and so far, very reliable.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

Cleaning the gasket around the door is a real pain especially when you have a dog. The washer always smells no matter how often I clean it, I will never buy a front loader again. I heard that other people have the same problem with front loading washers of other brands. One thing I do love about this washer is the big capacity tub for large loads, I washed 2 sets of king sheets together and they came out perfect.

Get expert buying tips about Washers and Dryers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

My washer does a great job of cleaning all items it washes. Uses very little water. The machine weighs the load and uses the appropriate amount of water needed to get the job done. There is no rinse and hold cycle, which I really miss. To soak items, I have to let the machine run for a while so water amount can build up, then stop the machine for a while to soak the items. Inconvenient but effective.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

I'm on my second set of Samsung's W&D. The first washer was recalled due to exploding top. I used a generous rebate to purchase the replacement. While I didn't have any issues with the first one, I decided to not take any chances; it performed admirably. The replacement is just as good, however, there are times when the load (heavy) becomes unbalanced, requiring a re-shuffle of the contents. The dryer was purchased to match the new washer. It is way more advanced than the first, e.g., steam capable; mixed-load drying, plus. I'm into my third year with this combo; so far so good.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

This is by a long shot the best washer/dryer I have ever bought. It is very well thought out and for example I purchased a GE washer/dryer about 3 years ago, and started having problems right away with fungal growth around the agitator about 1 month after I bought it. GE denied there was a design flaw in their washer dryer combo and never fixed the combo machine. My laundry room always smelled like rotten eggs and my clothing looked grungy. I had to bring my clothes to the laundromat to get them clean. This machine is a hard working joy (the Samsung) compared to the GE. I was so ashamed and disgusted with the GE.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Computers and Monitors?

Original review: May 16, 2019

Please,be aware!!!! Purchased Samsung washer and drier from Home Depot in 2016. Washer was recalled 3 month later and replaced for newer model WA7450 5.0 cu. ft. Top Load Washer. MODEL NUMBER: WA50M7450AW/A4. 5 months later loud noise while spinning, off balance of unit caused control panel to break, still on warranty. Samsung replaced and mechanical and cosmetic parts... 4 month after repairs were done the same problem and Samsung Refuses to fix it even washer still on Extended warranty, saying they can not fix the same parts because it was already fixed. Washer has balance issues, some models a part of class action lawsuit, no wonder why... People, BE AWARE DON'T BUY SAMSUNG APPLIANCES!!!!

Original review: May 16, 2019

This Samsung washer - WF45R6100AC – was purchased from Lowe’s along with five-year warranty and installed by XPO (Lowe’s uses XPO for northeast delivery/installation services). I was not happy with the installation. It was slightly rocking at one corner (not the other) and the guy didn’t level the machine. I called the Lowe’s and had XPO come again. But now it rocks on both sides after they leveled it and XPO says I am rocking the machine too hard. I am not, and before, it was only rocking on one side! Make sure you get the installers to level the machine because the first thing manufacturers ask you if you call them with a problem is if it is level. Getting to the washer:

Pros:

1) The washer is very quiet, especially in spin cycle. But it does make noise in spin cycle when using small load, because all front-load washers have trouble with underloads and overloads. Draining noise is also quieter than others.

2) Vibration control works better than other washers. But don’t be fooled, there is still some floor vibration if you stand next to the washer, even in low spin speed setting(see below)!

3) Has a nifty spring based button at the door to keep it ajar to dry better after washing.

Cons:

1) Does not clean well. I feel the washer does not clean clothes very well. I had jeans used for yard work having grass stains at the bottom that were completely cleaned with our old Whirlpool front-load Duet. But with this Samsung, I still saw grass stains remain even after three washes. It faded more after the second wash, but no results after that. Nonetheless, not a complete clean like the old washer. The type or amount of detergent was not changed. If the old washer cleaned like this Samsung, the jeans bottom would have been a greener color after couple of months.

Maybe the warm wash isn’t really warm enough. Or maybe, the lack of a more thorough cleaning is because it spends most of the time in wash cycle, where there is little water, and rinse cycles are very, very short. Short as in maybe about 30 seconds at most. Our old Whirlpool which cleaned clothes much better spent at least five minutes in each of the two rinse cycles. I wish the new 2019 Whirlpools weren’t so vibration prone (we tried two already).

2) Uses too much water? I couldn’t believe the amount of water this washer uses in rinse cycles. The washer rinsed laundry with water for more than one minute in the final rinse cycle. I believe the washer uses more water for each rinse cycle than it does for the entire wash cycle.

3) VRT issues. I noticed a curious thing with this washer. The washer rinses the laundry with water in final spin cycle! I have observed it doing this at least at two different times within the same spin cycle. I find that this happens when there is an uneven drum, but I also noticed it with an empty drum. I believe the washer does it in order to use that extra water to help balance out an uneven drum, to reduce vibrations in spin cycle. This is how a top-loader tries to mitigate an uneven drum, by using water to shift the weight around. I asked Samsung support and they claim to not know about this and told me to contact the store, I am assuming for a return or an exchange because it is brand new.

But I don’t think Samsung is divulging the truth here because it would be bad for sales. What this ultimately does is dampen the same clothes which you are trying to drain off water. I had to dry a full laundry spun at Medium spin cycle in the Samsung for more than two hours when the same clothes wouldn’t have taken more than 40 minutes to dry after being spun at Medium spin in the old washer. In Low spin cycle, the water rinse is about seven seconds before the spin cycle ends, which makes the situation even worse than Medium cycle. And because of washer’s ability to somewhat balance the load in spin cycle, I believe the washer takes on more uneven distribution of loads around the drum before final spin, with the goal of spending less time trying to distribute clothes.

4) Deceptive spin speed. In the advertised specifications, the max spin speed was listed at 1200 RPM. I tried a Quick wash cycle with about 4lbs of laundry. The washer automatically uses High spin as the default spin setting for Quick wash and Heavy Duty cycles. However, I observed abnormal vibrations, especially at the top of the washer. I immediately called Samsung ‘Stop Sign’ support and asked them how much speed was used for High spin. To my surprise, she said it was 1600 RPM! I asked how much Medium speed was and she said 800 RPM. She didn’t have data for Medium-High spin setting. I assume the listed 1200 RPM is for Medium-High setting, which is the default spin speed setting for Normal cycle and majority of other cycles.

Also, even when using Low speed, the washer seems to spin very fast such that I don’t really know what is the difference between these spin speed settings. Personally, I don’t think there is a speed difference in RPM between Medium-High, Medium, and Low spin speed. The only difference between them seems to be the amount of time each spin setting spends at the highest RPM. High spin speed seems to be the only one with a different spin speed, and quite high at that. This is important because we have vibration issues and if the washer is still spinning at a very high RPM in Medium or Low spin setting, then what is exactly the point of those settings? We also purchased the washer with the hope that Medium-High spin setting would be around 1000 RPM, like our old washer, not 1200 RPM.

5) Door banging. This is a minor or major issue, but in the beginning of spin cycle, the door bangs out from the inside, almost like the laundry or drum is slamming at it. Doesn’t matter the size of the laundry. This alarms me because door’s inside is glass, and I am afraid it might break or crack. I have seen YouTube videos of other Samsung washers doing the same before entering spin.

6) Display issues. The display is kind of a mess. The power button should be located in a different place than right above the start/pause button. I have accidentally touched the power button when wanting to pause only to end the entire cycle. Also, the ‘door lock’ indicator is the same color as the rest of indicators, and not very conspicuous. I wish it was red and more distinguishable. The installers originally tried to open when the door was locked, because they didn’t realize the door locked indicator was lit. Finally, the melody at the end of cycle gets a bit irritating with time. But the button to turn off the melody also turns off the end of cycle signal.

I wish there was a front-load washer without direct drive motor. All these new washers have them and they all have abnormal spin conditions and chooses to spin at a very high RPM, seemingly ignoring user input for spin setting. Our old belt-driven front-load was better at cleaning and with much less vibrations. I believe belt driven is better for vibration control because the belt adds additional support frame for the drum in the back, whereas with direct drive, the drum is free-floating in the back with a heavy motor installed at its back.

Some tips using a front-load: Always use HE soap in moderation. Leave the door completely open after washing until dryer is complete, then leave it slightly ajar. Always do the washer cleaning cycle monthly and give the rubber gasket and inside of the rubber gasket a wipe down with diluted bleach monthly. Another is loading clothes properly. You have to load the clothes front to back so they don’t turn into a ball of mass. And even though one can wash small items, I always find that the washer has trouble with balancing both the small loads and full drum loads. Even if somewhat balanced, there can be vibrations. Because in small loads, the weight will shift to one side more, and when full, the washer might be near its max weight-capacity. If one finds problems with small loads, try adding a couple of dry towels to help balance the load.

Additionally, I found an online Samsung resource that states the 2/3rd full drum is considered to be full load. Another online source says that a perfect load is where one can fit their hand above the laundry and touch the back of the drum. Essentially, a perfect load is considered such that only your hand and your laundry can fit inside the drum, drum about 3/4th full. I find that following this approach leads to most balanced drum during spin cycle of most washes, leading to the least vibrations. So, do not overload, and do not underload. We will be returning or exchanging the washer. I haven’t made up my mind yet solely because of the washer’s better vibration control when compared to others. Three stars for effort.

P.S. I originally submitted this review in Lowe’s.com first, but it seems they don’t want to publish it. So, be careful when reading online reviews as manufacturers and dealers will not publish critical reviews. This is why there are so many glowing reviews and little critical/negative reviews. I understand, it’s business, and they have to sell the item.

Original review: May 11, 2019

My washer machine Samsung have less than two years, I am very unpleasant, the clothes come out very dirty. This machine leaves the clothes with a grime and very dirty. You must to remove all grime with your hands (on the clothes and inside the machine).

Original review: May 11, 2019

High energy dryer but can’t pick in drop down menu. I have only had my expensive high end Samsung dryer for a little over two years. Replaced the belt on it last month, no problem, but now I have to replace the motherboard as it will not heat anymore. Spent over $300 in repairs already and motherboard will be another $200 on a fairly new machine, that had only 1 year warranty. I will never buy another Samsung product, their support was fine but they had a repair company call me that was unwilling to quote me a price on a replacement without charging me for coming out. Terrible product terrible service.

Original review: May 7, 2019

We bought a Samsung washer and dryer for our summer home 18 months ago. We have used it for approximately 30 loads. The washer broke and Samsung doesn't care. The first time we called, which was yesterday, the girl said it was under warranty and they would call us back to make arrangements to service it. Today someone else called and said they would do nothing. I am confused, they both had the same information. I also have a set of Samsung washer/dryer at my main home and had to replace a part in the dryer after about 1 year. Stay away from their products, they are not built to last and they do not stand by their products.

Original review: April 23, 2019

Bought a Samsung top loading washer and it is the worst appliance purchase in my life. First, the motherboard malfunctioned and had to be replaced. Second, unless it is set on the bedding cycle, there is not enough water to properly wash clothes. I could live with that. However, now the clothes come out worse/dirtier than when they went in. The clothes are always covered with specks of leaf like material on the clothes, lint, dirt, etc. We tried taking the machine apart and cleaning, but that was a nightmare also. Also, the manual is JUST AS BAD AS THE WASHER! "Clean the interior of the machine following the instructions"... NO instructions. IF I COULD RATE THIS WASHING MACHINE ZERO STARS, I WOULD. I will never buy another Samsung appliance of any kind!!!!! Samsung should stick to electronics, not appliances. Although seriously considering not buying any more Samsung ANYTHING!!!

Original review: April 17, 2019

I bought a new front loading washing machine and dryer on 9/1/2018. After three months the washer started vibrating on the spins cycle. The tech, who has now been out four times to fix the problem told me that the washer was not designed to sit on the drawer cabinet and that is why it vibrates. Then he told me that if I used a slower spin speed it would stop the vibration. The last service call the tech said I should do smaller loads. Now I am having a problem with the dryer. Fabric gets stuck between the drum and the housing. The tech was supposed to be here on 4/16/2019. I stayed home all day and no one showed up. I asked Home Depot to take them back and issue a refund. The Home Depot will only take the machines back for 90 days. After that Samsung has to agree to take the machines back. NOT HAPPY.

Original review: April 17, 2019

I have been on the phone with them over 50 times. Have not had any progress at all with getting my money returned to me over this hunk of junk washing machine and I'm not able to wash any clothes. I've made text messages which I have saved. I have also emails from them explaining all this sending them pictures. Have been on hold over 50 times. I have been disconnected. I have been transferred. I have made numerous attempts to take care of this issue without any.

Original review: April 15, 2019

I have a Samsung Washer who had a recall and the Samsung support department tell us they are going to refund us, and they are going to send us an email to start the refund process and we never received that email neither a call. We were complying three times and always said they are going to do something and we still waiting...We have a big family and need to resolve this fast!

Original review: April 14, 2019

I purchased a Samsung Flexwash (dual washers) and a Dual Dryer in February of 2018 for about $3500. About three weeks ago the washer decided to throw an error 18:8j which is not in the manual. Since we were 2 months out of warranty, I had no choice to call a local service person. However, in my area no one will work on Samsung appliances. Finally found one person that would attempt to look at it and said the PCB board was the common issue. Had that replaced with same results. Today we are still running to the laundromat to do laundry and on top of the $3500 I paid I am already an additional $400 with the fail attempted service repair. Bottom line is I will not own another Samsung appliance again. Overengineered....

Original review: April 2, 2019

Model WA48H7400A Samsung washer. The washer only lasted 3 years. It was diagnosed with a sub-board or motherboard malfunction and could cost somewhere from $300- or more to fix. We are very dissatisfied and disappointed to say the least and will never purchase a Samsung appliance again.

Original review: March 28, 2019

Noises and can’t change side door which I want to swap door side and it won’t allow me and sometimes get mold smell and hard to push off to clean it out - the price was ok. I didn’t like to hear many noises too.

Original review: March 27, 2019

Washer stopped working many times. Each time I discover a broken wire. Thank god, I can fix these wire. They are using gauge 28 and 30 wires for a machine that needs at least gauge 18 to accommodate vibration and shaking of the machine especially during rinsing and spinning. Simple wiring is trash.

Original review: March 23, 2019

Purchased a Samsung washer dryer set in 2016, paid $497 for each on sale. Washer was recalled but has worked fine after replaced. The dryer, buy the long extended warranty. Repairman is coming out for 6th time, third time heater burned out, replaced drum wheels twice, can't remember what other service was. Now that been taken apart so many times when it runs sounds very loud. Remember, this is under 3 years old. Beware.

Original review: March 19, 2019

I don't have a problem with the actual washing capability. This is my second Samsung washing machine. The first one had no issues with labeling so something has changed with how they print the labels on the machine. The issue I have is that the printing around the knob wipes right off. No special cleaners, or excessive rubbing. I use a wet paper towel and the letters just wipe away like I'm wiping them off a dry erase board. The only cleansers that could have gotten on these letters would be washing machine detergents. I would think that when a company makes a washing machine, they would consider the fact that detergent could get dripped on it. We have had the machine less than a year. My last machine I had four about 10 years and never had any issues like this.

When I called Samsung to report this issue, all they could do is give me a phone number to a parts company where I could purchase a new part. They call it a "cosmetic issue." To me, a cosmetic issue is something purely aesthetic due to normal wear and tear that doesn't affect the operability of the machine. This label is literally the way you know which cycle you are selecting for your wash. Once the letters are all the way gone, I guess you could try to hold the manual right next to the knob and count clicks to try and get the right cycle. That isn't a cosmetic issue. That is absolutely an issue with the operation of the machine.

Even worse is the "solution" to this "cosmetic issue" is that I would have to purchase additional parts. I don't really want to spend additional money to purchase a part that will likely do the same thing in a month or two. What a racket! Someone buys a washer, and then every couple months has to buy a new part so they know which cycle they're selecting. How absurd! I don't care to spend more money with them at this point. I am going to use a label maker and a Sharpie and attempt to label the cycles as best I can. However, I feel like this is something I shouldn't have to do in order to use my washer that is less than a year old to do my laundry.

Original review: March 19, 2019

Have not even had my Samsung washing machine 2 years and it started to smell really bad. I took off the pulsator and the bottom is covered in mold. Been washing my kids clothes in mold water for who knows how long now. Totally disgusted!!!

Original review: March 18, 2019

Purchased a set 2014 and the washing machine model is WA45H67000A. It is rusting all around the top, and soap dispenser. A piece of the metal above the dispenser has fallen off. There is a lip on the ring around the top that apparently holds water. Samsung said that we would have to pay the costs to repair it. No washing machine should have rust like this. The lip is hidden and doesn't show until you start looking underneath it. This is a poor engineering design and have read reviews with many having the same problem. We will have to buy a new one, as it will cost more to repair than to replace, but it will not be a Samsung. This is the first foreign appliance and it will be the last. Going back to American products!

Original review: March 18, 2019

Dry time over an hour, bad installation, dryer plugged up with lint after the exhaust system cleaned prior to installation. Dryer has burning smell due to lint buildup. Samsung does NOT train their installers.

Original review: March 15, 2019

Our super modern Samsung front loading washing machine needed repair work done within 3 months of purchasing. Samsung sent out one repair company who claimed they had to do an inspection first - even though the repair work and necessary part were already verified. They then tried to double bill both us and Samsung for the visit, saying Samsung would not cover the service call. We ended up getting their useless service call covered, but not until after a total of 46 phone calls, emails and voicemails to/from Samsung, repair companies. Samsung sent out a different appliance company, who brought the part with them and repaired the appliance in a single visit (no inspection necessary) with a total repair time of 15 minutes. However, the entire process took over three months. After this experience, we have decided to sell the Samsung washer and dryer before the warranty expires and buy a different brand.

Original review: March 11, 2019

I purchased the set of WASHER and Dryer at The Home Depot for $3,467.86. Before one year of use the washer was broken. The service that Samsung sent was disgusting, unprofessional. I had not machine for more than one week. Today, it is broken again. I requested for the replacement of the unit. The Executive customer relationship, said only “unfortunately” we can’t. They are sending a tech again to see if they can fix it. I DO NOT LIKE TO KEEP A WASHER MACHINE THAT FAILS TWO TIMES DURING THE FIRST YEAR OF PURCHASE. I paid for a new one!!! Please, replace it. This is not fair for a faithful customer. I’d ask to this Executive customer lady, if she would like to keep at home, a two times repaired washer machine while still paying for a new one?

Original review: March 10, 2019

I bought the washer and dryer 3 years ago and the washer has pieces of paint and parts falling off. The paint is chipping away and the bleach compartment has completely broken off. I have a huge ugly hole. It still washes but, I keep seeing chips of paint on my clothes.

Original review: March 9, 2019

Bought a pricey Samsung top load washer in July 2017. This week I get error code 5c for its failure to drain. I call Samsung tonight and discover it’s likely the pump as there is no issue with the drainage hose. They were going to call a technician out to me when I inquired about my warranty. 1 year parts and labor. Are you ** kidding? Shame on me for not researching better prior to purchase. But who the hell thinks their washer will break with light use within 2 years. What a disappointment in quality and customer care.

Original review: March 4, 2019

This is the worst washer and dryer ever. I have had repairs on both the washer and dryer. Got a postcard in the mail about the settlement litigation for the no account washer and lo and behold if you can remember when you bought it they will give you a small allowance to buy another product from Samsung. Now why would anyone want to purchase another product when the one you have is trash. The dryer will not work half the time. Have had repairs to it.

The washer was recalled because it could fly apart and hurt or kill you and the fix was to put another tag on it and a bolt or two and tell you not to use it on the speed you expected. The washer rusted so bad that it looks like a car that has been sitting out in the field for the last forty years. This is the absolute worst product I have ever bought. I have had a very cheap washer from Walmart that was so superior to this washer that it is amazing to think of. I paid a very high price for the washer and dryer and was told it was top of the line. What line I ask now. Do not buy a Samsung if you want anything that works.

Original review: March 1, 2019

September 2018 - washing machine craps out. When set on small or medium load, the tub starts to fill up. But once it reaches its intended level, it switches to extra large load, fills up the tub and then sits there, doing nothing. Called Lowe's, where we bought it. They said, "So sorry, the 1 year warranty expired last month." We have to call Samsung. Called Samsung. They said there are no local Samsung repair providers, and give us the number of the "closest" one - I use quotes, because the number they gave us was from Oklahoma City. We live in Iowa. Took matters into our own hands, and called a mom and pop shop. They made one attempt. It didn't work, then said they had to order parts.

I won't go into the details, but the back and forth with the mom and pop shop for the status of the parts went on for several months. They blamed Samsung (this does not surprise me), but I also did not get the indication that this shop was running on all cylinders. FINALLY, earlier this month (Feb 2019), parts arrive. The main part needed was a new control card. The repairmen swap things out, and presto, our washing machine is back up and running! Yay! No more than 2 WEEKS LATER, we are back at square one. Same failure mode as in step 1. We're cutting our losses and junking this piece of garbage.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

I have had my washing machine for 2 years and it needs to be replaced entirely! The quote to fix it was 1000+ which is more than the machine itself cost. These machines are poorly made and do not last. We had lots of problems. First the sensors went at the 2-year mark and now the bearings, gasket and drum. I do not recommend wasting your time with these poorly made appliances. Spend a little extra and get something that will last. 2 years is pathetic, a washing machine should last much longer than this with regular use!

Samsung Computers and Monitors expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Samsung's name is associated with quality, and produces everything from electronics to home appliances. Based in South Korea, the company generated a massive 305 billion dollars in 2014, employs nearly 500,000 people and sells its products to nearly every country in the world.

• Energy Star options galore: Many of Samsung's washers were designated under Energy Star's "Most Efficient" washers category in 2014, pointing to serious cost savings on energy. In fact, Samsung as a whole won Energy Star's Partner of the Year award for its commitment to energy efficiency.

• Noise-reduction: Samsung washers are known for their noise-reduction technology, meaning consumers can enjoy some peace and quiet while their washers run.

• Smart control features: Many Samsung washers bring control to a whole new level. Consumers can control washers from apps on their smartphones or interact with intelligent LCD panels to choose from a huge variety of washing options, speeds and automatic settings.

• Speed is built-in: Samsung washers are developed with speed in mind, with many models offering the SuperSpeed option. This can reduce washing times compared to standard washers by up to 50 percent, even for full loads.

• Best for: People who like advanced features, families and professionals.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs