Samsung Washers
1.11/5

Need a washer and dryer?

Samsung Washers

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

1911 Samsung Washers Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

My husband and I got a Samsung energy saver washing machine from Lowe's store. We have had it one year and it does not put enough water in the wash load to clean the clothes. Specks of stuff always in the clothes and wash tub when clothes are done. This is the worse washing machine I have ever had.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

My husband and I had to replace our 12 year old Maytag washer and dryer and decided to try Samsung. My husband accidentally left a small closed knife in his pocket which dented up the interior of the washer so bad that it is catching on all our laundry. We have had the drum and agitator replaced once before due to the denting. This second time Samsung refuses to cover it. We have owned 4 different washers and my husband has left numerous items in his pockets and this is the only washer that has dented up.

The machine is only 2 years old but the warranty ran out. The first technician that came out to fix it the first time said he saw a lot of this with these machines. It never fully cleaned every load so I have had to wash a few loads twice. The dryer does not always fully dry and the Samsung refrigerator we have has just had its 6th repair on its ice maker and something else in the back. DO NOT BUY SAMSUNG unless you enjoy fighting with customer service and paying a lot of money on nice looking junk! They fight you every step of the way to get out of covering known issues with their products.

Get expert buying tips about Washers and Dryers delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

I bought all my appliances from Samsung. It was a big mistake. Within 3 years they all broke down except for the stove. Even the dryer crapped out. Slowly replacing them with KitchenAid as I can afford it.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

We purchased our Samsung Washing Machine (WF50K7500AV/A2) and dryer in November 2018, and two weeks later we had a massive water leak that required water restoration for the laundry room and the floor below it. The defective washing machine was evaluated by the install team and the plumber. Both concluded that it was the washing machine and that the machine allowed water to spill out and flood the floor. There were water stains in the front of the washing machine, and in the pedestal. The pedestal had rust stains from the metal cans that were exposed to the water from the washing machine.

Samsung is being really nasty about the claim and refusing to believe that it was the machine even though both the install team and the plumber checked out the pipes and install, and concluded that it was the washing machine. Retailers should also be held accountable for selling these defective machines when they know that there are safety and quality issues. Regards.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

This washer retails for around $750. We've owned ours for two years and had to put $200 in pump repairs into it. The controller appears to have gone bad which is another $400 repair. I'm cutting my losses and replacing it with a different brand. Samsung is not getting any more of my money.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Computers and Monitors?

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

Bought my machine in Dubai on March 31, 2018. It stopped working on December 3, 2018. Apparently motherboard and drain pump needs to be replaced. Samsung after sales service is terrible. Took 7 days to send the technician, as of today, December 13, the part is not available. No follow up from them as to when the part arrives or the technician visits my home again. I requested for a replacement machine since the parts are not available and the motherboard is broken but they would not even consider. Writing off Samsung as their customer service is just terrible. I suggest for homeowners to go get the trusted brands like LG, which has good customer service from my experience and maybe other established brands that actually last for years not months. This face is not happy.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

WA48H7400AW/A2 model Samsung Top loader washing machine. I had noticed brown and black specks on the bottom of my washer after running a cycle. At first I thought it was just dirt. Upon research and further inspection, I realized it was mold and mildew! My kid's clothes were being washed with mold! After taking off the agitator cap, I discovered a cap full of thick disgusting slime. I cleaned it and ran 2 more rinse cycles... and there it was again, specks of mildew on the bottom. This time I decided to take the pulsator bottom off and was horrified!! I couldn't believe the mold and scum. I am scrubbing and dousing with Clorox.

Apparently, Samsung is aware of this issue, I found 53 pages of complaints with the same issue. And instead of doing the right thing and recalling the washer, they want to offer a $150-250 rebate! Seriously we paid well over 1k for this product and it is only 3 years old. I will never purchase a Samsung Washer or Dryer again. BUYER BEWARE! I would love to post pictures but not sure how.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

This is the worst washing machine I have ever owned. I am 71 years old so I have owned quite a few. There is not enough water in the machine to get our clothes clean. Everything comes out smelling foul.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

We bought a Samsung 5.4 cubic foot front load washer and the “inverter” the mechanism that makes the drum spin went out. Samsung used the inverter in the 2015 model, realized it was a poor design and discontinued using an inverter in the next year's models. The part isn’t even available to purchase to replace. We called Samsung customer service; they were rude and unsympathetic. They do not stand behind their products or offer any support. We paid $1300 for this high end, larger capacity washer and now 3 years later, we have to spend $636 just on parts to convert the parts that are no longer available. Will not buy another Samsung appliance again. Normally do not complain and I don’t like being negative but hopefully we can help prevent others from having to deal with a product that doesn’t last and save you the expense. Thank you!

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

The washing machine had a recall within 6 months of our purchase. The issue we were told was that bedding/heavier loads could cause the entire top to come off and projectile across the room, so that was a safety issue so the replacement top and new washing guide panel were replaced at no cost. Within one year of that, the hinge of the lid has become corroded on the left side and now has completely separated in several places in that corner. The left door at the hinge is now raised up about 3-4 inches from the machine, completely curled.

Now the cap that covers the bolt in the center of the basin has broken off and there's no way to reattach it so now we can only use it for clothes that we are certain won't get caught on that bolt or clothes we'd like shredded :(. The dryer also had a pulley that went bad and that costs us $250 only two years after purchase, again these are both less than 3 years old. And the dryer makes a constant screeching sound. Mind you, these were the top of the line appliances that Best Buy carried. We're purchasing all new kitchen appliances next year, Samsung products will be avoided entirely.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

I bought a washer/dryer pair in February, but I sure wish I had read these reviews first. The dryer works fine, but the dryer just doesn't clean. All the controls are electronic, no control and water isn't sufficient.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

The machine is off balance and my repair guy tells me don't bother fixing it. The bolts in the back break and it's not worth fixing. It's 3 years old. I can't fill the machine more than 1/4 full and my clothes are soaking wet. This was an expensive machine. Called Samsung since I searched for a recall and on the internet many people are complaining about the same problem. They don't care. Well don't buy one!!!

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

I've had my washer for 10 months and use it regularly (a few times a week), and it seemed that overnight the protective plastic covering the control panel started peeling from the right corner. It took me 3 days and numerous phone calls and emails just to get a ticket so that I could get a service appointment so that someone could come take a look at the washer. I kept getting the runaround and finally I was told to send pictures of the washer by email, so I did. A few days went by and still no word from Samsung, so I had to call again. This time the customer service rep was a bit more helpful, however I did have to text the pictures and finally a ticket was created. I had to wait 3 more days before being contacted by the 3rd party company that handles Samsung's service calls to get a service appointment.

Four days later, the service tech takes a look at my washer and sends pictures to Samsung and was also on the phone with Samsung only to tell me Samsung has deemed the issue as physical damage. This is infuriating because I take very good care of my washer as it cost me a lot of money. It is clearly a defect because this plastic is lifting in different areas which leads me to believe it is poor craftsmanship or materials. Samsung should stand by their products, especially when it's under WARRANTY, rather than trying to cop out deeming it physical damage which would let them escape from responsibility. I will NEVER purchase another SAMSUNG product ever again.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

There seems be crack formed on two places on addwash on my washer WF50k7500av. When I first called to warranty department I was told my warranty has expired in March. However my warranty didn't expire in March, I purchased it in November 2017. They are claiming it's physical damage, no way it's possible for it to get physically damaged as it's inside the washer.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

This machine does not clean the clothes totally. It does not save energy and time. The water level is terrible that it does not rinse the clothes properly. Before I load the dirty clothes, I have to soak it with water to give weight to it so the sensor can put extra water when washing. I have to select the heavy duty, extra rinse, and extra spin, which cost you more energy and water. Once the cycle is finished, I have to keep the clothes in the washer and select quick wash to thoroughly rinse the clothes. How amazing this product is? Poorly designed! Cost you more time and money. Do not buy this product! You will be 100% disappointed and frustrated.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

We have had problems with our top load washing machine and have filed complaints with Samsung and no help. We spent a lot of money for what we thought was a top of the line and it’s been a huge disappointment. There is dirt and weird pieces of white stuff that gets on dark clothes. You have to wipe down all the dark clothes after you take them out of the washing machine. They need to replace this unit!

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

The bleach dispenser on my top load washer is corroding from normal use. Samsung denies that there is a problem despite numerous complaints to the contrary. The washer does not appear to wash very well unless the heavy duty cycle is selected and may be due to the lack of agitator. In my opinion this appliance is designed poorly and lacks quality.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

I bought a Samsung clothes washer [model # WF45N5300AV] for $700 in July 2018. We weren’t happy with the performance because this machine rarely gets our clothes clean. It does not seem to use enough water to really clean the clothes and they always smelled but I didn’t feel like exchanging so we continued to use it. A week ago, it started leaking and on close inspection, I found that the rubber tub seal was torn.

I wasn’t worried too much because it was still under warranty. I contacted the customer service who sent a repairman the next day. He inspected the machine and stated that this is a “physical damage” and is not covered under warranty. I didn’t realize until then that washing machine could have not only physical damage but also has emotional and spiritual issues. After a brief argument, he suggested to call the customer service and left. I called customer service several times and finally got a human to talk to. He suggested to contact the Office of President and gave me an email ID. I contacted the president and got a callback. The lady offered to pick up the tab to the extent of part’s cost but I have to pay for the labor which came to $170+ with the taxes. Since I am stuck with the faulty defective damaged piece-of-** unit, I didn’t have any other choices but to accept the offer. It was fixed the following day.

My question to the public and Samsung is this… wouldn’t someone who spends $700 for an appliance expect some sort of reliability on an expensive unit like this? Aren’t the manufacturers taking advantage of the fact that we the customers are not going to carry the unit back to the store to get a refund? Aren’t they taking advantage of the fact that washer is something we need daily and because of that we would just swallow the cost and move on? If the rubber seal has to tear open while using the machine in the recommended way, isn’t it because it’s made of cheap materials? It’s not stones I washed in there. Because of my family’s bad experience with the unit and the fact that Samsung does not stand behind it, I will make sure I will not buy another single Samsung product in my life and will discourage my friends and family to do so. Shame on you Samsung!

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

We bought a Samsung frontloading washer 8 weeks ago. Loads (on any cycle, even SPIN) took 3+ hours and they were still wet. Loads washed on COLD were actually washed with hot water. My hydro bill was $60 more per month. A repairman has visited 3X and been unable to diagnose the problem. This machine is a loser and I have lost $ (on hydro bills and shrunken clothes) and time (on waiting around for the cycle to finish and the repairman to arrive).

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

Our washer had a water leak and still is under warranty, so they would not let a repair company come out and fix it. Instead they said they would send a new washer. Well it is a month later and we still do not have our new washing machine. We have been calling just about every day on it and even emailed them. My return email said, "We understand you are upset but it will be another 10 days." Well we are spending at least $25.00 a week at a laundromat. When the machine is working I have no problems with it.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I purchased a front loading Samsung Washer and Dryer in 2009. I had problems from day one, it starting shaking violently no matter what we washed. In 2018 we were washing a load of towels, I smelled something immediately but my husband did not so we let the load go thru and closed the laundry door. When we opened the washer door to put the towels in the dryer and very strong vapor and smoke came out of the washer!! I immediately called a repairman and he came out and said, "That is very strange, let me run a cycle." After it was over he took off the lid and opened the door and there again was the smoke and vapors. He pulled the plug and said, "Do NOT use this machine. It will burn your house down!" Said that the rear tub and basket was broken and it was not repairable and I needed a new machine.

It was only nine years old! My machines always lasted 20 plus years and I had a family of seven, now I have been a widow for 10 years and now only two of us. I cannot get Samsung out to look at it. They say I live too far away from their repairmen. This machine could be the first of another RECALL!! No one can excuse that, I can't get anyone who is responsible that will listen to me. So my next step to keep the public safe is to call my local news station and have them get to Mr. Tim Baxter who is the CEO. I tried to email him, but they just took the information and gave it to someone who will do the same, just NOTHING! This is a PUBLIC SAFETY MATTER and I want to see that Samsung is responsible enough to look at this problem and take charge of their own problems. We shall see. TO BE CONTINUED. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

My washer was only 4 years old and I am the only person's clothes that were washed. One day the tub was making a grinding noise that was very loud. I contacted Samsung and of course there was no warranty. I contacted a service company and they wanted $200 to diagnose so I set out to diagnose and inspect myself as the noise was clearly something major.

Turns out the base of the tub is made with hard plastic and had literally rotted resulting in the tub not catching on spinning rotation and therefore not spinning. I contacted Samsung again and they stated they would have to send a repairmen for $270 to validate the tub actuator. I offered them pictures of the rotted actuator which clearly was the issue but was told they had to have a formal inspection.

I am disabled and couldn't afford to pay for the inspection which wouldn't be covered anyway due to my warranty just expiring. I was forced to go to the laundromat spending $20 per week following a surgery of the fusion of my back. I was restricted from lifting anything over 10lbs but Samsung stated there wasn't anything they could do. To date, I am without a washer and very disappointed in Samsung. I will not buy this brand again.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

My husband and I purchased a top load Samsung washer and it was delivered Oct. 6 2018. We tried it as soon as it was hooked up, the delivery drivers had already taken off, We tried to start it and it sounded like it was going to start but nothing. We tried at least 4 more times and finally got a code, C6. My husband decided to try and call the 1-800 number but the guy tried to blame my husband and actually said "do you know how to use a washer?" My husband decided that was enough and waited until Sunday where he tried to talk to someone online and everything was going fine but once he mentioned the code, the guy disappeared.

So we waited to Monday where he got a hold of a guy who barely spoke English and I know my husband was getting frustrated at which point he asked to speak to someone else and he did get another guy when he mentioned the whole situation, the Samsung guy tried to accuse my husband that he didn't know how to use a washer (my husband is 65 and I know for a fact he has operated dozens of washers.) So he finally told the Samsung guy about the code and the guy told him that is a code for a burned out motor (this is a brand new machine how the hell is the motor burned out?)

My husband asked how we can get rid of this washer because it's useless. The guy said "I am not sure what to do" then hung up. I decided to call the next day and informed Samsung that we do a lot of clothes and taking them to a Laundromat is not something I want to do, I also explained the washer needed to go and I wanted a date where someone could pick it up and all I got was" I'm not sure what to do". I asked to speak to her superior and was hung up on. Will not purchase anything from Samsung ever again. Their customer service and appliances all suck.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

I purchased a Samsung washer and dryer pair about 6 years ago. For the first couple of years things seemed to be going well, the washer and dryer performed as they are expected to perform, wash, spin, dry. At the two year mark all of a sudden the washer wouldn't drain, still covered under warranty, I had a technician in. The problem stemmed from a single wire that had melted thereby disconnecting the drain signal.

A couple of years later the same problem happened again, only this time there was only my extended warranty, which I really didn't want to use or lose for a single wire so I corrected the issue myself. Again things worked well for another year when the recall for notice for exploding lids was put out. I immediately checked my machine against the lists and found it wasn't part of the recall. Some relief, I could deal with the inconvenience of a broken wire once in a while, when all of a sudden, one month after all warranties were negated, the pump casing blew to pieces, the pump worked fine. This caused third floor flooding.

Now with no machine, no warranty and no recall I used public facilities to wash my laundry for 4 months while I tried to figure out how to fix the machine or get it fixed or save for a repairman. During this time I found that the part I needed to replace was no longer available, but I could buy a new complete pump assembly for about 150.00. This part did not reinstall in place of the old pump, the casing had been reconfigured to mount somewhere else.

I made a call to Samsung completely frustrated, angry and fed up, they then told me that my machine was covered under the recall and they would pay for the repairs. At this point I am calmer and thinking they are a good company for owning responsibility for the defects. The repairman made several visits to complete the repair as the fix for my machine required not only a pump case, but a new wiring harness and hoses as well. The pump needed to be mounted somewhere else and the connecting hoses replaced as well as a new wiring harness as the old one was too short and not wired for the advertised machine capacities.

It has been six months since the repair, there is not a single load of wash that I do not have to rebalance, shift, alter, divide and spin individually as the machine will not spin even a slightly unbalanced load. This has added several hours to my washing each week (4 loads). If the machine is allowed to complete its cycle it will continue to refill with water to attempt a balance. Neither of these solutions is convenient, cost or energy saving. It is however, highly frustrating as some loads I have had to make several attempts to balance even if it is only 2 similar towels except one holds more water than the other, or just put the wet but not dripping items into the dryer for an extended, sometimes 2 hours, of time. All in all I will never buy another Samsung appliance again.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

Washer takes hours to do one load, if it even finishes. Searching for an answer, this seems to be a wide-spread problem with Samsung’s machines. Don't get me started on their refrigerators either. Save your time and money, do not purchase Samsung appliances, they should stick to phones and tablets.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

This is the third time it not draining out the water and keeps spinning and the warranty is up. Nothing but problems from day one. Even the recall was messed up since day one. I have had Sears out and they fixed it and couple months later same part goes out again. I just want to get rid of them and get something that will work or Samsung needs to give me back my money or pay for the wash house every week which cost me 20 to 30 dollars.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

I purchased my Samsung top load in 2014 and from day one nothing but problems. Would stop spinning and code dc would appear constantly. After Samsung had recall they only offered me 250 dollars for replacement when I paid over 500 and was only year old at the time. Once they placed their support system on it the machine was never right again. Would not spin out even a single rag. The bleach area rusted and the underneath part of the lid the front springs rusted and would not hold down lid anymore. After 4 years of dealing with this junk I gave up and scraped it. Do not buy Samsung. Worst customer care I've ever seen and washer is pure junk.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

For a number of years we owned a Samsung dryer and absolutely loved it, so we eventually decided to purchase a matching washing machine. Worse mistake and waste of time and money we have made in a long time. We purchased the larger capacity washer because we thought that it would be capable of washing our lighter bedding and such, like sheets, light blankets, maybe a sleeping bag. We knew when we washed the first load of towels that this was going to be far from the case. The washer wasn't even filled halfway with towels and would get the spin cycle and stop working.

After several wasted hours and days calling their customer service, we finally found a way to reset the washer balance setting allowing it to function. Keep in mind that every word that came out of their mouth was that it was our fault from the start. It had to be too full, it wasn't level etc. In our research we found hundreds and hundreds of other people posting about the same issue all over the internet. This issue repeated multiple times over the year, but we were told by both Sears and Samsung that it wasn't a warranty-worthy repair, so we lived with it. This was a minor annoyance and we had to resort to washing anything that might weigh more than an average medium pile of t-shirts in the bathtub.

Finally the washer has now stopped draining the bottom section. It will fill, run, cycle and stop at the spin cycle as soon as the water is out of the drum, but leave the base of the washer full of water, the clothing soaking wet and won't complete the spin cycle. We tried to get this in for warranty work as we were under the 1 year mark, however, Samsung drag it along again trying to blame all of it on the us (the customer) saying that we must have put something in the washer we shouldn't have, or that, again it was not level.

So, now we are just slightly outside the year mark because they spent so much time blaming us and trying to troubleshoot, that they don't want to warranty it. Go ahead and google, "Samsung washer problems"... in fact, just check out all of the other consumer affairs reports and you'll get an idea of the quality of both their washing machines and the customer service associated with it. Not one person we have spoken with has even attempted to make this right with us. Instead they are more interested in protecting their money, than their customers.

I used to have a lot of faith in Samsung. Everything I could buy had their name on it - cell phone, TV, computer monitors, but I won't be buying them again. I wrote a review back a while when we had the load unbalanced issue, and they wrote a response that made it look to everyone who read it like they wanted me to contact them and that they would handle whatever problem we were having. When I contacted I got handed only the blame and a bunch of excuses why it wasn't Samsung's fault. Thank you Samsung for wasting my money - you really got one over on my family and I. Congratulations.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

Don't ever buy Samsung washing machine. Ever since we bought, we have had countless problems and service calls. Buy anything else but Samsung appliances!! It started with washer flooding my laundry room and kitchen floors because of a cheap clamp. Then it would not spin the clothes which took several service calls to finally fix. The most recent problem is rust and debris in the washer tub after every wash. So, we are basically washing our clothes in dirty water. The worst, most poorly designed washer ever.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2018

This is my second Samsung front-load washing machine. I was very satisfied with the first one so bought Samsung again. The washer consistently fails to perform with about only one out of ten loads running from start to finish without an issue during the spin/rinse cycle. Sadly the problem didn't surface until after the Warranty was expired. I would not recommend the purchase of a Samsung front-load washer unless Samsung can fix the issue so that they function as well as my first Samsung.

Samsung Computers and Monitors expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Samsung's name is associated with quality, and produces everything from electronics to home appliances. Based in South Korea, the company generated a massive 305 billion dollars in 2014, employs nearly 500,000 people and sells its products to nearly every country in the world.

• Energy Star options galore: Many of Samsung's washers were designated under Energy Star's "Most Efficient" washers category in 2014, pointing to serious cost savings on energy. In fact, Samsung as a whole won Energy Star's Partner of the Year award for its commitment to energy efficiency.

• Noise-reduction: Samsung washers are known for their noise-reduction technology, meaning consumers can enjoy some peace and quiet while their washers run.

• Smart control features: Many Samsung washers bring control to a whole new level. Consumers can control washers from apps on their smartphones or interact with intelligent LCD panels to choose from a huge variety of washing options, speeds and automatic settings.

• Speed is built-in: Samsung washers are developed with speed in mind, with many models offering the SuperSpeed option. This can reduce washing times compared to standard washers by up to 50 percent, even for full loads.

• Best for: People who like advanced features, families and professionals.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs