Samsung Washers

Samsung Washers Reviews

About Samsung Washers

Samsung is a leading appliance and electronics brand headquartered in Seoul. Samsung makes multiple home products, including smart vacuums, kitchen appliances and laundry appliances, including washers. The company’s washers are widely available online and in retail stores nationwide.

Pros & Cons

Pros
  • Energy-efficient
  • Long product life
  • Multiple price points
  • Financing available
Cons
  • Short return period
  • Can be pricey

Featured Reviews

Verified
Chicago, IL

The Samsung washer dryer combo works really well in small spaces. We live in a condo and we love it because of its size … It's so easy to use, just wash a load of clothes and when...

Verified
Hicksville, NY

Very well made- we do laundry 5 days a wk. 1 issue in 5yrs. Highly recommended by me. I'm Samsung washer and TVs type of person. Check them out first, you won't want to look at an...

About Samsung Washers

Samsung washers offer a variety of features to make cleaning your clothes simple, fast and energy-efficient.

Samsung washers are available as 2-in-1, front-load and top-load models. The company offers several colors, including white, champagne-colored or fingerprint-resistant black stainless steel. Samsung washers are available online and at major retailers and home improvement stores, including Best Buy, Home Depot, Lowe’s and Sears.

Available features and functions include:

• FlexWash
  • AddWash
  • activewash
  • Steam-washing technology
  • ENERGY STAR-certified
  • Wi-Fi connectivity
  • Vibration-reduction technology
  • Super speed

Each Samsung washing machine includes several settings for water temperature, cycle length, spin speed and soil levels. Some Samsung washers can be paired with Alexa or Google Assistant to let you control the appliance remotely.

To care for your Samsung washer, be sure to use the right detergent, avoid overloading the washer and move clean clothes from the washer as soon as the cycle is complete.

Samsung washing machine price

Samsung washers start at $600 and can cost up to $1,900. Front-load washers cost more than top-load washers, and adding certain features, such as Wi-Fi capability or vibration-reduction technology, increases the final cost of the appliance. Samsung has sales throughout the year and frequently offers free shipping on its products. Financing is available for qualified buyers.

Samsung Washers FAQ

How long do Samsung washing machines last?

With proper maintenance, a Samsung washing machine can last up to 15 years. Washing machines that are used more frequently than average, however, may not last as long as expected.

What Samsung washers have been recalled?

Samsung recalled 34 models of high-efficiency, top-loading washers sold between March 2011 and November 2016. You can view a full list of the affected models and what to do next on the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission’s website.

How long is the Samsung washing machine warranty?

Samsung includes a 24-month warranty on all washers. You can also purchase an extended warranty that covers the repair or replacement of your appliance for an additional one to five years.

How does Samsung front load washer work?

Front-load washers fill the bottom of the inner tub with water and use the side paddles and rotational spinning to lift the clothes in and out of the water, which removes dirt and stains from fabric. Many people prefer front-load washers, though they do tend to be heavier, noisier and more expensive.

Are Samsung Washers good?

The features and functions of Samsung washers make the company a popular choice in the industry. With options to pretreat, steam and speed wash clothes, you can spend less time doing laundry. A limited number of Samsung washing machine models have been recalled, but overall, we recommend Samsung washers because they are energy-efficient, reliable and can last up to 15 years.

Samsung Washers Reviews

Stars Rating

• 4%
  • 5%
  • 3%
  • 6%
  • 83%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Washers?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Washers?

Reviewed July 23, 2024

My washer is total piece of garbage. It regularly goes UB (unbalanced), restarts the rinse and spin over and over. I just spent $300 to get it fixed and it lasted about a week before doing the same thing. The dryer is also a piece of crap, the lint trap hardly catches lint, it just goes through the cracks and then you have to clean out the basin with a stick. Samsung is now crap, I won't buy any more of their electronics - there isn't enough room in my landfill.

Reviewed July 21, 2024

We bought a Samsung Top Loader 5 years ago. We've had problems with the balance for quite a while. It doesn't matter if you have a small, med, or large load, it will come unbalanced. Then you have to redistribute the clothes over and over again and the timer will go back to 17 minutes. Piece of garbage. Worked ok for the first couple years and that was it. The dryer also takes forever to dry anything. I don't recommend buying Samsung for either washer or dryer.

Mon

Exact same issue! Pretty to look at but garbage

Get buying tips about Washers and Dryers delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Coverage

Reviewed July 21, 2024

Such a huge waste of money. After 4 yrs w this wash machine I still cry at the waste of water, the lousy ability to clean clothes, just horrible. The worst is constant draining all your water if you pause at the beginning to wet down and scrub a stain. When you start the machine, if you went over a minute or 2, the machine drains all your soapy water and starts all over. And the steel wash tub is covered in rust spots. Lid is always open to dry tub and still rusting away after 4 yrs. Garbage, Donating to charity and getting an old fashion wash machine.

Reviewed July 19, 2024

Samsung washer does NOT WASH. All the clothes come out as dirty if not MORE dirty. It's so frustrating. Ours came with the house and is only 2 years old. We are trying to figure out what to do with it. It would be out of integrity to sell it to someone else. We are just stuck with dirty clothes and sheets. It's awful. How does a company get away with something like this?!

Price

Reviewed July 19, 2024

I bought a Samsung washer & dryer set. The dryer works fine. The washer is an “active wash, SuperSpeed, Steam, VRTplus, SmartHome washer which is a pile of poop. You can have 2 towels or a load full & the washer will unbalance & automatically rinse over & over. I usually stop the machine & press “rinse” only (this is another joke) & if it’s still unbalanced, it will add another 18 minutes & start rinsing over & over again! In other words, you must babysit every load. Piece of genuine crap is all this is. The engineers & designers really screwed this one up! I’m not sure why it isn’t on recall. All I know it’s an expensive pile of poop!!!

Customer Service

Reviewed July 18, 2024

They are crap, I purchased one and not even a year it started messing up and they never came to fix after I called several times... and I couldn't return it because the technician had to check it first.

Profile pic of the author.
      CoverageStaff

Reviewed July 16, 2024

Beware, of buying a Product from this company. This company will not honor their date for our repair needed. I was given the date for a tech rep to be at our home today at 8am and now it’s been changed again. I would have gotten our washer fixed when the technician was here, at our home 7/8/24 but he said no, the issue was a recall and he (Bryan) the tech, told my daughter and myself that he would file a warranty for the locking mechanism to be covered under the recall warranty. It’s been chaos having to drive so far to a decent laundromat to wash my family’s clothes. I’m praying that this issue one of many, was is not caused by a crazed stalker doing all sorts of cruel things using technology to cause chaos.

Verified purchase
      PriceStaff

Reviewed July 15, 2024

I bought a Samsung Smart Washer #WA45T3400AV & dryer on 12/14/2021. It was my first Samsung washer and my last. All 4 Rods quit working after 2 & 1/2 years of service. It was going to cost about $500 to repair them. I put a few more dollars toward the total to buy a new LG washer which is what my technician recommended for a brand name to use. My daughter's new Samsung Smart Washer also had 2 rods broken which she replaced and 9 months later, they broke again. She then bought a new GE washer and has been very happy with that. Obviously, there is something wrong with the rods not lasting and I would not recommend it to anyone. It was a great washer...while it lasted but not worth the money for such a short time!

Reviewed July 10, 2024

Samsung Active water jet IS A PIECE OF JUNK! Every time ya put more than 2 towels on pants this $800 piece of crap gets out of balance, then it resets the sensing and adds 21 minutes to the time and refills AGAIN AND AGAIN. STRAIGHT JUNK!!!!

Reviewed July 9, 2024

Just don't buy this. I own this top loading product and have been so disappointed. I've had it for a little over 2 years and have already had to replace parts. The spin and balance is terrible, it just keeps adding water, over and over, wasting gallons of water. There is no manual way to control anything, everything is "automatic" and managed by the machine. The on-call assistants are only interested in booking a tech to come to your home at almost $500.00 just for the visit. I am almost ready to replace it but will avoid anything made by Samsung.

Samsung Washers Company Information