2. Homeowners
  3. Washers and Dryers

3.9/5 (652 ratings)

About Samsung Washers

Samsung is a leading appliance and electronics brand headquartered in Seoul. Samsung makes multiple home products, including smart vacuums, kitchen appliances and laundry appliances, including washers. The company’s washers are widely available online and in retail stores nationwide.

Pros

• Energy-efficient
  • Long product life
  • Multiple price points
  • Financing available

Cons

• Short return period
  • Can be pricey

Bottom Line

Samsung is a great choice for consumers who like options. The company sells economical and luxury choices with energy-efficient and smart technology features.

Top Samsung Washers Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

The Samsung washer dryer combo works really well in small spaces. We live in a condo and we love it because of its size … It's so easy to use, just wash a load of clothes and when...

Verified

Very well made- we do laundry 5 days a wk. 1 issue in 5yrs. Highly recommended by me. I'm Samsung washer and TVs type of person. Check them out first, you won't want to look at an...

About Samsung Washers

Samsung washers offer a variety of features to make cleaning your clothes simple, fast and energy-efficient.

Samsung washers are available as 2-in-1, front-load and top-load models. The company offers several colors, including white, champagne-colored or fingerprint-resistant black stainless steel. Samsung washers are available online and at major retailers and home improvement stores, including Best Buy, Home Depot, Lowe’s and Sears.

Available features and functions include:

• FlexWash
  • AddWash
  • activewash
  • Steam-washing technology
  • ENERGY STAR-certified
  • Wi-Fi connectivity
  • Vibration-reduction technology
  • Super speed

Each Samsung washing machine includes several settings for water temperature, cycle length, spin speed and soil levels. Some Samsung washers can be paired with Alexa or Google Assistant to let you control the appliance remotely.

To care for your Samsung washer, be sure to use the right detergent, avoid overloading the washer and move clean clothes from the washer as soon as the cycle is complete.

Samsung washing machine price

Samsung washers start at $600 and can cost up to $1,900. Front-load washers cost more than top-load washers, and adding certain features, such as Wi-Fi capability or vibration-reduction technology, increases the final cost of the appliance. Samsung has sales throughout the year and frequently offers free shipping on its products. Financing is available for qualified buyers.

Samsung Washers FAQ

How long do Samsung washing machines last?
With proper maintenance, a Samsung washing machine can last up to 15 years. Washing machines that are used more frequently than average, however, may not last as long as expected.
What Samsung washers have been recalled?
Samsung recalled 34 models of high-efficiency, top-loading washers sold between March 2011 and November 2016. You can view a full list of the affected models and what to do next on the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission’s website.
How long is the Samsung washing machine warranty?
Samsung includes a 24-month warranty on all washers. You can also purchase an extended warranty that covers the repair or replacement of your appliance for an additional one to five years.
How does Samsung front load washer work?
Front-load washers fill the bottom of the inner tub with water and use the side paddles and rotational spinning to lift the clothes in and out of the water, which removes dirt and stains from fabric. Many people prefer front-load washers, though they do tend to be heavier, noisier and more expensive.

Are Samsung Washers good?

The features and functions of Samsung washers make the company a popular choice in the industry. With options to pretreat, steam and speed wash clothes, you can spend less time doing laundry. A limited number of Samsung washing machine models have been recalled, but overall, we recommend Samsung washers because they are energy-efficient, reliable and can last up to 15 years.

Samsung Washers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Washers?

Original review: July 31, 2021

Samsung washers and dryers are everything they are cracked up to be. The price was great for both and well worth the money. In reference to the washer, it washes very quietly and a bell sounds to let you know that the cycle is done. It locks once the load begins. If you need to add more clothes or detergent, you can also pause it. There are several settings as far as water level, temperature of water, and quick or long wash. If you are not satisfied with the way it rinsed, there is extra rinse. It also has a child lock. The dryer also has a child lock. It has wrinkle prevent and between 20-80 minutes for dry time. It has an indicator that lets you know that the filter for lint needs to be changed. I’m very satisfied with both.

Original review: July 29, 2021

We got this set about 6 years ago, and It has served us very well. The load size is great, it washes very well, and spins the cloths very dry. The matching dryer also works great. The set has never been a problem, and I would get another set to replace it. I would give the set a 5 star rate.

Get buying tips about Washers and Dryers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2021

I I ordered a Samsung washer and dryer from yesterday's dryer from Lowe's August 6th and this date I am still unable to obtain my washer. I have been informed by laws that Samsung has discontinued this model of washer even though there was a huge sale on this item all of the month of August and is still continuing on at this point. Do not purchase any Samsung washers and dryers. It will be a waste of time and an emphasis of frustration.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2021

I purchased a $900 Samsung dryer from Lowe’s in 2018. It’s roughly 3 years old. We have always been very careful with fire safety, and clean our ducts multiple times a year, and the lint trap with every single load. You can imagine my surprise and horror at finding 4 inches of lint inside the dryer cabinet after smelling smoke. My dryer had caught fire and we were just fortunate we were home to save my house and that we all lived. I contacted Samsung about this, because how is it possible that a dryer collects 4 inches of lint on every surface inside the machine when the duct work is correctly ran and you clean things out as directed? Defects. Look into a google search about hidden lint and Samsung and you’ll see I’m not alone. It’s a lint trap defect.

I called them to have them take the dryer away, so that they could find out WHY their machines were fire hazards, and they have repeatedly put me off, not called back, and offered a repair service on a machine that could have gone up in flames entirely and destroyed my home and the lives of my children if we had been asleep. We don’t dry clothes while we’re in the bed, but one spark could ignite at any time. The machine wasn’t made safely and the customer service is of the worst I’ve ever experienced. They keep trying to send someone to repair even after I’ve refused that service multiple times. After reviews on the BBB website, I see they do this so that they can avoid litigation on their death traps of a machine.

I own Samsung for almost all of my appliances and I’ll never buy from them again after seeing that they lack integrity and don’t care at all about customer safety. I wish I could attach pictures of phone logs, the dryer lint, the fire evidence and the email correspondence. I’ve spent more than 6 hours on the phone fighting with them and I wash my hands of it. Buyer, beware.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2021

We purchased the washer and dryer set for approximately $2,200 after deciding it was time to upgrade during a remodel. We started having issues with the washer not long past 1 year of owning. We had some water leaking and a horrible squeaking noise when the unit was running. We endured it for quite a while then called a tech to find out the shocks need replacement estimated $420 to replace.

The dryer drum was loud with rotation and we had water leaking (which we thought was the washer). We had a tech come out and find out there is a leak in the inside of the steam feature, and the bearings need replacing. Another $400 estimated. After contacting Samsung, and their 1 year warranty expired, they offered a 1 time "warranty allowance" for the dryer internal parts but nothing for the washer. So after 2.5 years of ownership and $2,200 in expense we have estimated $800 in repairs and zero faith these units will do nothing but continue to deteriorate over the future years. NEVER BUYING SAMSUNG AGAIN!

Original review: Aug. 17, 2021

Bought brand new Samsung appliances five years ago. The washer was recalled one year after. Fast forward 4 years now my dryer took a dump. Two months after that the refrigerator has went to pot. After 2 hours on the phone with customer service they say, "There is nothing we can do." Would never spend another penny on them.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2021

I thought buying a washing machine without agitator was going to be great. I could wash large comforters and a load of clothes wouldn't get off balance. I was certainly wrong. I will not buy another washer like this one. The dryer is great.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2021

As if on a timer.. as soon as the ONE YEAR warranty was up the heating element went out in the dryer then the drain pump in the washer started in... This is the third time having it apart for the drain pump and had to take time out to warn any perspective buyers against this. THE WORST WASHER AND DRYER SET WE HAVE EVER OWNED.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2021

Bought these from Best Buy, when the unit was installed, I must admit I was super excited. That lasted about 2 weeks. My wife is disabled and I do the laundry, within 2 weeks I wanted my old analog w agitator back. First the washer is a cavern and does have a ton of room. However you can't select your own water level. I find that RARELY does the water level get high enough. This washer never seems to "balance" heavy loads like towels. Rather than stop and alarm, it will continue to run and run and run trying to balance the load. Once we left for the day, 6 hours. When we came back the Wash cycle was still running.

The dryer is very difficult to work on, you have to disassemble the whole thing. After about 1.5 years, the bearing started squeaking. Since SAMSUNG appliances are widely despised by repairmen you might as well buy a new one with the cost. These units were garbage from day one. The ONLY good thing I have to say is the washer is quiet. We used to own a SAMSUNG refrigerator too. Tomorrow new LG units show up after paying $1500 for a friggin' washer and dryer after only 3 years. Give me the ANALOG appliances back. All the 4 star reviews can pick mine up at the trash dump. Free.

Original review: July 30, 2021

Very noisy... Not user friendly as it restricts settings.. User is not in full control. Does not allow user to open door when started to change a setting. Forces a power off and set desired options again.

Original review: July 24, 2021

I received this washing machine supposedly the top end model from Samsung which washes and dries your laundry in the same unit. (WD10N641R2X Washer Dryer). It costs you a fortune to buy this machine and how do you feel when they dump a defective piece on you and then do not respond. Looks like noise level is not even a parameter to be consider if you are buying this product. Firstly the machine is very noisy and you can hear the washing machine running in the entire 2500 square feet house.

Initially the installation guys came and did some fixes to reduce the noise a tad bit. But I am following it up with samsung support and their so called head services who vouch to be the escalation point in their hierarchy matrix but the only thing this head service team will do is write back a sympathetic message to you and show their eagerness to solve any problem you have. PERIOD, It stops there irrespective of how many ever times you reach out.

I had a LG washer dryer earlier and I am repenting my decision to give a chance to Samsung washers. When it comes to washer programs Lg have an option to wash and dry 6-7 kgs of laundry in one program. You set it up and forget it, you will have cupboard dry clothes next day morning. In its response samsung have a 59 min wash & dry program with a caveat. (It can only wash 2 pair of clothes at max in this setup and this is published on a sticker on the machine itself). How can you compare a 6-7 kg load getting washed and dried in one go with a 1-2 kg laundry restrictions in Samsung.

To make the list longer and give 16 wash programs to match other similar machines in this category they have given you useless but innovative programs - Drum Clean (which is not a wash program but drum de-scaling option) which takes away one additional wash program. Cotton dry and Synthetic dry has been considered as 2 additional wash programs. Also we have a 15 mins wash and 59 min wash and dry which they recommend of using for a very light synthetic load. No Duvet wash program, no heavy load wash program.

So all in all a cheap machine advertised as high end and priced really high with some bells and whistles like Artificial Intelligence driven machine, Wi-fi enabled and inverter tech which a normal person cannot appreciate its effectiveness and accuracy. What a customer need at the end of the day is a good quality wash with as less noise as possible. We do not want to inform our neighbors that we are doing laundry in our house.

Original review: July 20, 2021

Do not buy any Samsung washer! The most expensive POS I've ever bought! If you enjoy having to wash your clothes several time or hand wash them after being washed then, this is absolutely the washer for you! Will not even was the detergent off! WOW! WaterJets? More like water guns like the 1980's water guns! Overpriced JUNK!

Samsung Washers Company Information