Samsung Washers
1.21/5
Based on 174 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Need a washer and dryer?

Samsung Washers

1866 Samsung Washers Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

I bought a set of Samsung front loading washing (Model WF210) and matching dryer in 2012 and have been very dissatisfied with the performance of the washer in particular. Within a couple of months of regular usage (4 loads a week) there was a foul odor coming from the inside of the washer. The maintenance manual said cleaning of the interior compartments was necessary to avoid mold, mildew and unpleasant odors. This was done on a regular basis but it has never resolved the bad smells, even leaving the door open full time.

Over the past 55 years of owning various brands of washing machines (except for a front loader) I never experienced the amount of foul odors and black mildew that resulted even with regular attention to the interior as recommended. I contacted Samsung during the first year and they had no worthwhile solutions other than what I was already doing and failed to offer any fix to the problem. The original sales person that I bought the w/d from never provided any warning statements regarding the need for special maintenance requirements after every use. I would never recommend this brand of washer to anyone and would love to get my money back but too much time has elapsed. Samsung makes great cell phones but their front loader washing machines are a disgrace and stink.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

Bought a new washer and dryer. After the first week the wash overfilled and flooded the house. Samsung sent service guy out. Still no good. So they sent another service guy out. Still no good. Weeks of phone conversations with Samsung and now they say two weeks for refund. Home Depot says we have to deal with Samsung. So now without washer for two week and now two more weeks. This is a top loader.

Get expert buying tips about Washers and Dryers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

I purchased my Samsung washer WA422PRHDWR/AA in 2014 and day one we have noticed that the clothes have had bleach stains on them. I've tried to cycle the washer without any clothes in it in hopes of getting rid of the bleach residue but to no avail. I've even tried to change the order of the way the clothes were washed and still we had bleach stains. We use the washer daily because there are 7 people in the household. We can't count the number of clothes the washer has destroyed. The last 3 years my washer has not been in use due to the fact that the place that we moved into had a washer. Least to say that my washer sat for 3 years so I lost out on my warranty. If there are any suggestion out here please help.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

DO NOT BUY THIS BRAND! Unless you live next to a laundry mat... When we moved into a new home 2015 we got new washer and dryer combo (VRT) from Samsung. The dryer took a dive in the first year and was unfixable and has been replaced by another brand via home warranty, (good idea), and the washer has been broken 3x now. Fixed by a sub from the home warranty people 3x. Every time the water is flooded all over my laundry room. BUT in the 70's and 80's we had the same machine forever and never had any breakage. DO NOT BUY THIS BRAND! Unless you live next to a laundry mat...

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

Washer designed to corrode with 3 years of purchase. Bought the Samsung front load washer 3 years ago. Warranty only lasts one year. They have been manufacturing this defect since 2006 despite mass claims for warranty. Customer service TERRIBLE.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Computers and Monitors?

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

We have the top load washer that is a p.o.s. It cost more to run it than it cost to buy it. It takes hours to wash a load of clothes and uses more electricity and water than any washer I have ever had. JUNK. It has a recall and they came to fix it today. Yay. IT'S NOT FIX. IT MORE BROKE THAN IT WAS BEFORE. They really should pay our utilities! This is not the end of this. We want a full refund. Maybe court time. They are OK for cell phones and TVs not appliances!

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

Our top-loading washing machine smells like sewage. We've cleaned it with the commercial washer cleaner, leave the lid up, don't overload it, etc. All the things that the Samsung customer service person told us to do. It smells like **. And, I'm not sure it cleans clothes very well. When I take the laundry out after it has been through the wash cycle, they are in the same place that I put them. I'm pretty sure they should be mixed up. We typically like Samsung products, but never again. Can't get a definitive answer from the customer service department, and it's not like we can return it after 18 months. Ugh!!!

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

When washing towels, sheets, or other bedding the washing machine frequently starts over. It will not spin out. It will keep refilling over and over even when you select just the spin out function. Customer service is a waste of time. It has been repaired by Samsung twice. You will waste a lot of time talking to customer service and waiting for repair guys for no results. This is definitely not high efficiency. It wastes water and energy starting over and over. Just don't buy it unless you enjoy wringing towels and sheets out by hand.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

Washer stopped working. Got a code of 188J, or 1BBJ. Contact Samsung, and they start the repair process. Never heard of that code before. They can't find anyone to come to our area. So they decide to replace the washer. Contact them 16 times in 13 days. They have promised many things, and not met one of their promises. We were supposed to have our new washer today or tomorrow, but found out Samsung made another mistake, and will now be another 4-6 days. Will have been without our washer for 13 days. We live 12-14 miles away from a laundromat. We watch and care for our grandkids, and need things washed.

Samsung's Customer service has been a joke. Have spoken to 8-9 techs, 4-5 Supervisors, and 2 Managers. No one could get us to their Exchange/Return office till today, and that was from a tech. The lowest individual in their chain of command. None of the Supervisors, or Managers could get us there. Was told we would have a response today, and heard nothing. Call again to find out our status, and have a manager do the typical dance with no answers! I have always been a true Samsung supporter, but after this event, and lack of "Customer service, or care", I will be looking at them with different eyes.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

Please save your hard earned money and do not buy ANY Samsung appliances. My top loader washing machine has failed to drain and when I called Samsung for a service call I was told it would cost $200 just for someone to look at it. My washer is 14 months old and out of warranty 4 months ago. I will never by ANYTHING Samsung again and wish I did my research.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

We bought a Samsung HRT Top Loading Washer and we really regret that purchase. Stains are still on clothes after we wash them in this washer. Also, it takes so long to complete the normal, heavy duty, and bedding cycles, I'm sure that we are paying more for electricity as a result. Sometimes after washing clothes in this washer, it seems as if a few of my clothes haven't even been touched by the water and I can't easily determine if they've been washed. I really dislike this non-agitator washer system. It seems that the clothes don't get agitated enough to ensure proper cleaning. Lastly, there are too many extra buttons with different functions. I don't use these extra buttons and don't have time to figure out how to use them or why they are there. My washer is only one year old and we plan to purchase another brand with an agitator very soon!!!

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

Bought the WA456 Model (top load washer) in 2013 and for the last year it constantly shuts down due to unstable load. Doesn't matter if I have blankets or just some shirts. I have confirmed that with a level that it's balanced. Never will buy another SAMSUNG washer or dryer.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

I have been reading reviews on this site and am convinced that a lemon in the midst is uncommon, but my problem has nothing to do with mechanical problems. The machine works fine. My problem may not be a problem, but it has to be corrected at some point. The washer rotates the clothes. It doesn't agitate the clothes. They wash by spinning the clothes, and that is all it does. How does a machine clean clothes by spinning? I should have gave more thought to this before buying a front loader. The problem I am most concerned with is stinking clothes. I have used good smelling detergent, a fabric softener and they still come out with a smell. I wash on a heavy duty cycle and they still smell like they were dragged out of a landfill. My wife washes/pre before putting them in the washer and they come out better, not great, but better.

I have washed on a long cycle and then again on the quick cycle, no prewash and they come out smelling a bit smelly. Like why would I have to wash them twice? We are seniors and don't roll around in the mud or grass. We are not dirty, but do get sweaty from the weather. Maybe that is it. We should not perspire, at all. I would think a washer would wash clothes to the point of smelling like they were just washed, silly me. What I think is the problem is not enough water is cycling through each wash, like spraying water on some clothes instead of soaking them. Anyone else have this problem? Does Samsung have a solution for stinky clothes? I am ready for a top loader that uses lots of water. I did save a bunch of money on water using this washer, but realized I wasn't saving any having to wash a load twice.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

Spend your money elsewhere. We spent 15,000 replacing all of our appliances, and in a year and a half the fridge (twice) the dishwasher, and today the dryer have all crapped out. All of our clothes smell like burning plastic due to a bad drum. Even the engineer that the tech called told me how long these are meant to last and how it should be covered. Grand total for the dryer repair is over $600 and all Samsung will say is it's out of warranty. I explained our nothing short of hellish experience and they couldn't care less that their product is atrocious, or that we spent as much as we did thinking this was a good product. BEWARE.

Original review: July 31, 2018

Buyer Beware!!! We purchased three major Samsung appliances in July of 2017, a washer, dryer and refrigerator. A week before the warranty was to go out on the washer it stopped in the middle of the wash cycle. After numerous attempts to get this resolved and many hours on the phone being put on hold just to get disconnected needless to say we are still waiting 4, yes 4 weeks later to get a repair or a replacement. They always say someone will call you back which will never happen so please don't take them at their word because the call will never happen.

We have requested a Corporate number but they say they have none and also a customer compliance number and oddly enough they do not have a number for that either... hmm. Most of the numbers they give you online are disconnected or no longer in service and does not leave a forwarding number to call. Out of 458 reviews Samsung scored a one and half star! Look for yourself and please do your homework before you buy anything from Samsung even as much as a phone.

I would never ever buy from this company again because of their poor poor customer service and the run around that you as a consumer receive but surely do not deserve. Also not all of their customer service is located in the US, you may get someone in the Philippines that is in a entirely different time zone and their English is a little hard to understand. So again Buyer Beware and oh by the way this is July 31, 2018 and still waiting to get this resolved from the first of the month!

Original review: July 30, 2018

Purchased this machine (Samsung Washing Machine: WA5451AN/XAA) in July 2011 & just this week our bleach dispenser finally caved in. We barely use the bleach dispenser as it is, maybe 2xs a month if that. This machine was already on the recall list & all Samsung did was send us a sticker. REALLY??? So now a recall and a eaten thru bleach dispenser.

Original review: July 24, 2018

Very poor quality washing machine. We had originally purchased top loading washer, which was recalled due to the top unhinging. Reluctantly, we took the incentive money offered by Samsung to purchase another Samsung washer (front loader) and couldn't be more disappointed. It is loud and we have already had to have service on it because the piece that holds the drum has corroded. Also, the lettering around the dial has disintegrated and we can no longer see the cycles we are using, making it difficult to use effectively. All calls made to Samsung and our 7 year extended warranty through Home Depot have been frustrating at best. Do NOT purchase Samsung washers/dryers if you are looking for a quality made product. Samsung is not a company that cares about the customer and their satisfaction.

Original review: July 24, 2018

My Samsung front loader washing machine apparently has issues with the spider arm. When it spins it sound like a freight train is coming through our house. After reading reviews I guess I am lucky to be in my 7th year with minimal use. My sister had the same machine and it broke 2 years ago and my daughter's just recently went out. All of these Samsung washer were newer than ours so I was holding my breath. My boyfriend installed new shocks which did not help and now we are out $100. The gentleman at the parts place said he would never buy another Samsung product and neither will we. Shame on you Samsung for ripping off the consumer. STAY AWAY FROM SAMSUNG APPLIANCES.

Original review: July 23, 2018

My front loading Samsung washing machine is 6 1/2 years old and according to other folks responding online to the same problem we are having... the spider arm assembly which holds the drum in place has slowly corroded since it is made of a material that is not consistent with the stainless steel interior of the washing machine and breaks down eventually. It sounded like a freight train coming through or off-balance but that is not correct, the actual drum is out of alignment and off the arm assembly. It actually causes little pieces to break off to form small pieces of hard, rock-like pebbles into the drain.

Apparently Samsung is aware of this spider arm failure but refuses to change the material of this part, replace the part at no charge or have a recall of this machine due to this failure. The only reason I chose one star above is that there is no option for zero stars. The machine looks good but will eventually ends up costing you a ton of money. Appliance repairmen don’t even want to bother replacing the arm, they just tell you to buy a new machine, preferably American made. Samsung should be ashamed of themselves. I will never buy another Samsung item.

Original review: July 21, 2018

I will never buy a Samsung washing machine or one that has that electronic panel. This one (AquaJet VRT) was not even a year old in the house we bought. I can't even do a quick cycle because it gets stuck on it, can't determine the weight inside. I have spent three hours just to restart the cycle and end up putting it on a normal cycle. It has the same issue with Rinse and Spin or just Spin. The water trickles out. For a large capacity washer, it does not seem to handle a large load. Not a reliable washer. And it had a dangerous recall as well.

Original review: July 19, 2018

Problems from day 1. High efficiency doesn't deliver enough water to cover clothes but learned how to fool it into putting more in. When going into spin off balance - it THEN ADDS MORE WATER again- had it do it several times before I caught it!!! NOW, a couple of years down the road, it can't spin more than a few items at a time or it considers the load off balance. I don't want to pay $$ to continue with this awful machine! In previous home, my Maytag lasted over 30 yrs.

Original review: July 17, 2018

I purchased a Samsung washer six months ago. The washer is very loud. I called Samsung of the problem on 7/12/2018. I have to pay an unknown fee for someone to come and check a washer that is still under the manufacturer warranty. I paid eight hundred dollars for the machine and you would think that they would honor their product. The machine sucks.

Original review: July 13, 2018

I purchase a Samsung Washer WF405atpasu/AA 5 years ago. It was not too bad, til yesterday when it stopped working. I called Goemans in London and they advised me to call customer service from Samsung (18007267864). Customer service from Samsung gave me the appliance service company contact number to make an appointment with the technician. N.Z Systems tech came today and to my surprise what he found was that the washer was missing the screws that keep the interface panel attached to the console. They were never installed!

The tech took pictures and his report clearly says that the screws were not installed from factory. The tech commented that the problem could appear earlier in the use, so I can considered myself lucky. I was left with a bill of 112.94 that neither Goemans, nor Samsung want to pay. Samsung said they did a thorough check and they did not have such problem before. So here I am, the first one! I will keep reviewing this product so that other customers become aware of the risk they take by buying products from this company! You are on your own, they won't stand behind their product, even when it is clearly their mistake!

Original review: July 6, 2018

We purchased this top loading machine with no agitator (model WA40J3000AX/A2). Soon after we had it installed it had a recall. We had it fixed but continued to have problems with going off balance. Before it was two years old it wouldn't spin. We called to get a refund from Samsung. They agreed to give us a refund with the receipt. In the meantime we bought a new machine and the Samsung was taken away. Because we didn't have the machine, we were unable to get a refund.

Original review: July 4, 2018

Bought a Samsung washer and after 9 months it stopped at the spin cycle and filled to extra large load no matter which load size I selected. After 3 days on the phone with Samsung rep and submitting the receipt for purchase from BrandsMart I was told that it was the wrong receipt. I had the delivery receipt and they wanted the cashier's receipt. I ordered the washer online and paid with credit card and did not have a cashier's receipt but I submitted the credit card proof of purchase from that date from BrandsMart. That was not good enough for them. Was told to call BrandsMart and have BrandsMart call Samsung.

On the 4th day Samsung called me to say that everything was straightened out BUT I had to submit a cashier's receipt. I was starting all over from the beginning. The end result was that I called BrandsMart and they are sending a repair person to fix under warranty. After reading all these bad reviews I don't have much confidence in getting my washer repaired. Samsung is just trying to do anything it can to Not provide service. I will update this review if my washer is ever fixed. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM SAMSUNG!

Original review: July 4, 2018

We bought a new set of Samsung washer and dryer and they are not worth the money. My old plain washer and dryer were better than these. The washer does not clean the clothes very well and my clothes are still damp at the end of the dryer cycle.

Original review: June 30, 2018

We followed all the recall instructions for our Samsung top loading washing machine. We did the label, we got the recall repair. About one month after the recall repair, our washing machine exploded and damaged our home. We are now on day 5 waiting for any kind of resolution to this horrible issue from Samsung. We have been given the runaround via both phone and e-mail. I am disgusted with Samsung for not even responding promptly in this serious of a case. I also want people to know these washers are still exploding even AFTER repair. Get the rebate instead because you will be sorry. Never buy a Samsung product because their customer service is appalling if you have issues.

Original review: June 28, 2018

Recently purchased washer with the matching dryer 7750. Returned them. Worse washer and dryer I ever owned. Way overpriced for the quality. The washer tangles clothes to the point of twisting dress shirt sleeves into wrinkle hell. Very hard on the clothes in all cycles. Noisy. Sounds like the water is hitting the floor when it fills. Pumping is also loud. Unbalances easily even with proper install. The location of the soap dispenser is just downright irritating. The dryer needed constant babysitting to make sure clothes would dry. Clothes come out of the washer much wetter than with a front loader. Eco setting on the dryer makes for multi hour drying times. Dryer wadded up clothes and sheets into a ball and cycles need to be stopped and items released. If you’re shorter than 5’7” you may not be able to reach the bottom of the tub to pull clothes out.

Original review: June 27, 2018

May 28, 2018 I contacted Samsung because my washer is rusted on the top under the lid. My machine still in warranty. They gave me a ticket # and a repair service to call. The service set up an appt for 2 days later. Two days later the repairman called and told me he (his name was Walter) did not have time for me. I called Samsung back and they said he was mistaken. Jennifer said the part had not come in yet and would be there in two days. Two days later the a different man came, but guess what? No part, they had not been there yet, no joke Sherlock! He ordered the parts and would return in two days. Two days later the part has not arrived. It would be two more days. He came. Said he had the wrong part and it would take a couple of days.

A week and a half later I called repair for Samsung. Kept me on hold twice 2 hrs. Finally I was told it was not under warranty because I had a roach infestation in machine and they would not repair. What a joke. I ask for a supervisor. Got Michael in the Dominican Republic and had problems understanding him and he just said it is not under warranty now. I ask for the name of the person in charge of Samsung. He would not reply. I found a Samsung chat center and I ask to speak to an American in the United States. She said she was in India. She gave me the same 800 number that got me to the Dominican Republic. I will never buy Samsung again. They are not cheap to buy, but they are poorly made.

Original review: June 25, 2018

Like most other people, both my Samsung washer and dryer are breaking down after like a year and a half of use. The washer leaves gross black mold and mildew on the clothes after “cleaning” them, and also cannot sense temperature, so we get lukewarm water at best on the hot setting. The dryer will start with a high pitched squeal, and after about 30 seconds of running will stop squealing and shake violently. These products are NOT BUILT TO LAST and will BREAK DOWN VERY QUICKLY. DO NOT BUY or you will WASTE MONEY buying these since you’ll need a new one in two years. The warranty is only like a year except for on like one part, so I’m down $1700 when my $500 Whirlpool set lasted 12 years.

Not sure about Samsung Washers?
    Take our two minute quiz to find the right Washers and Dryers for you.

Samsung Computers and Monitors expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Samsung's name is associated with quality, and produces everything from electronics to home appliances. Based in South Korea, the company generated a massive 305 billion dollars in 2014, employs nearly 500,000 people and sells its products to nearly every country in the world.

• Energy Star options galore: Many of Samsung's washers were designated under Energy Star's "Most Efficient" washers category in 2014, pointing to serious cost savings on energy. In fact, Samsung as a whole won Energy Star's Partner of the Year award for its commitment to energy efficiency.

• Noise-reduction: Samsung washers are known for their noise-reduction technology, meaning consumers can enjoy some peace and quiet while their washers run.

• Smart control features: Many Samsung washers bring control to a whole new level. Consumers can control washers from apps on their smartphones or interact with intelligent LCD panels to choose from a huge variety of washing options, speeds and automatic settings.

• Speed is built-in: Samsung washers are developed with speed in mind, with many models offering the SuperSpeed option. This can reduce washing times compared to standard washers by up to 50 percent, even for full loads.

• Best for: People who like advanced features, families and professionals.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs

1938
    Korea Sout
    www.samsung.com

Want to know more?
    You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business