Samsung Washers
1.27/5
Based on 174 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Need a washer and dryer?

Samsung Washers

1835 Samsung Washers Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 7, 2018

These appliances (washer and dryer) last less than 5 months. Model: DV45K6500EV and WF45K6500AV. Samsung has the worst grade customer service department you can imagine - very incompetent staff and management. Don't purchase these appliances - there are several other much better quality alternatives. The dryer stopped working under manufacturer's warranty and they wouldn't repair, deem it unrepairable or replace them. I have been getting the runaround for a month and half without ANY resolution no matter how much I escalate the issue and I'm out $1200.

Original review: June 7, 2018

Washing machine did not last 18 months. Would cost 489.00 to fix. Cost of new machine with 3 year warranty, 528.00. Samsung offers to pay for part but only if you use their repairmen, price goes up and takes weeks to get them. An honest repair man actually told me the machine is junk and was going to keep breaking down, he could tell by the wear on it. He made no money when telling me to buy a new one, he came on a free estimate. Please don't buy Samsung.

Get expert buying tips about Washers and Dryers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 3, 2018

I bought a Samsung front load washer a year and 2 months ago and it broke! Just after 1 year warranty is over! I don’t have money to fix it. I paid about $700 for it and when I can afford to fix it it may cost??? $180-$200+. There is no water or soap going into the machine - it runs but liquid won’t go in! What a crumby machine. What is Samsung making such poor machines for? I’ll never buy another Samsung appliance. I bought the washer and dryer stacking set. I’ll never buy another.

After reading reviews and seeing my machine malfunction after a little over 1 year - what’s the point buying a machine from Samsung! I’m sooo upset as I can’t afford a “faulty machine” which is extremely poorly made but costs more than the old machines used to. I have had washing machines all my life, I’m 60 yrs Kenmore and Whirlpool and never a malfunction!!! They lasted many years and wore out after 15 years. Samsung ought to replace it for free and build a whole new line of machines or go out is business! The company is ripping us off!!! We should boycott their appliances!!! So they can’t take advantage of us anymore!

Original review: June 1, 2018

Do NOT buy this machine (Samsung VRT top load washing machine)! It does not clean your clothes. The water does not even cover the clothes in the wash cycle & you cannot reset the water level at all. I have tried pre-soaking and extra rinse cycles but nothing works and I am left with weird oil like stains on the clothes, or white powder everywhere because the machine does not seem to dissolve the detergent. And yes, I've tried both liquid and powder HRT detergents. I honestly HATE this machine and will be selling it and buy another. I hope this review is helpful to potential buyers of this product. It's really awful and a waste of your money.

Original review: June 1, 2018

Purchased Samsung washer model WF42H5200AF in 2016 for ~$700. After light usage for little over a year, it stopped working properly. It would get stuck on rinse or spin cycle and can run for hours until you shut it down. Obviously because Samsung warranty is only 1 year, they offered us a third party technician. Staying away from Samsung products from now on.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Computers and Monitors?

Original review: May 31, 2018

We bought NEW Samsung Washer & Dryer Dec. 3, 2015. Dryer wasn't even a year old and had problems. Started making this loud noise like nuts and bolts were loose. Since still under warranty called place purchased (Conn's). Repair person was contacted to come and fix. Took him 15 days to come which means we were without a dryer. After a few weeks same thing happened, (repaired again) and again. Now 2018. This is the worst product I have ever purchased. Washer and dryer previously owned lasted 14 years no problems (Whirlpool). Should have purchased Whirlpool again. Now no warranty and no dryer. 2 yrs later. Senior citizen cannot afford another dryer. Worst product ever. Would not recommend to buy anything Samsung ever...

Original review: May 31, 2018

We were affected by the recall so right away we received a sticker which did not match our $800 washing machine. Next we started smelling mildew when we ran the cleaning sanitizing cycle. Then we began seeing brown specks were all over our clothes. The next issue was our dryer started making a loud grinding squeaking noise. We then began experiencing a loud helicopter sound from our washer to find out we had a bolt broken in 3 pieces. This is the WORST purchase I have ever made in 52 years of life. We are now without a washer for a week until they can repair it. Shame on SAMSUNG for selling us these pieces of crap appliances. I will NEVER PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM SAMSUNG AGAIN.

Original review: May 31, 2018

Samsung machines are great at form and function. The price is reasonable for what you get. They work flawlessly but they do not always know when items are dry like they claim.

Original review: May 25, 2018

This washer has been nothing but trouble from the first year. We bought the set washer and dryer. The washing machine always smelled like mildew. I was two loads a week and only have my husband and myself here. The was one day started making a horrible banging noise it got louder and louder so we turned off the machine. My husband removed it, took it to the garage and when he took it apart discovered the whole area from the tub to the motor completely crumbled apart. It was all in jagged pieces. Thank God we turned it off before some of these metal pieces flew through the wall of the washer.

It will cost over $400.00 to replace these pieces if they even can be repaired. I am a senior citizen and can't afford to replace my washer and dryer every 5 years. I bought this in 2012. It is lightly used as we are retired and don't use as much wash as we used to. It looks like the parts they used are recycled materials and not strong metal. This would make the product not hold up to much use. Samsung should be made responsible for this, it could cause an injury or death if those parts could have come through the wall of the washer. I have not taken pictures yet but could do so if necessary.

Original review: May 21, 2018 Terrible Warranty from Samsung. Extremely difficult and time consuming process. I ended up buying a new washer and not getting any reimbursement.

I purchased a Samsung Washer for $550 from Home Depot. The machine broke after 1 month. The manufacturer warranty is for one year. Samsung sent multiple repairmen over multiple visits. The back and forth repair process took about 3 months. We were without a working washer for 3 months! Finally, Samsung agreed to reimburse the cost of the machine. When the new machine was delivered the broken machine was removed.

After the machine was removed and over 2 weeks from when Samsung agreed to the refund, I was informed that for the refund I need the serial sticker on the machine. I had all the serial numbers etc but not the actual sticker. I was patient throughout this entire process. The amount of time without a washer and the after the fact requesting of the serial sticker were not reasonable request. I was never reimbursed.

Original review: May 20, 2018

Bought a washer and dryer from Samsung. I can firmly say that it’s all bells and whistle but a piece of **. Washer was recalled and was thrown out and took them six months to refund the money and then the dryer stops working after the warranty. Customer service said that it’s our responsibility to contact recommended service stations and book and appointment and all that. In home service starts from few hundred dollars then Parts and labor on top. Not even going to bother with it. New Maytag dryer on the way. Cheap product. Would never buy anything from them.

Original review: May 18, 2018

I bought the Samsung top loading washer in 2012, got the extended warranty, and thought I was set. I started having problems before the warranty ran out, clothes stunk and it wasn't spinning out right, and then the flood! All of the water had drained out of the bottom of the washer all over my floor, recall, bracket broke holding the pump, so fixed that, and extended the warranty for 1 year, sent new stickers to put on the front due to the explosion potential which I thought was pretty lame. anyhow fast forward, 1 year and 2 mos later, won't spin out, knocks like crazy, d3 error and keeps starting over. Washer is out of warranty by 2 months! So I called my repairman for advice on what to buy because they work on them. He said buy only Whirlpool or Maytag basic set, no bells or whistles, so I have a Whirlpool to be delivered on Sunday, and I'm paying $20 to have the Samsung hauled off.

Original review: May 17, 2018

My 5-year Samsung washer, Model # WF501ANWXAA has already required a service call. Making an extreme high-pitched noise on the spin cycle... like ready to take off. Repair man says the motor bearing is going out.

Original review: May 12, 2018

I've had a Kenmore washer and dryer for 14 years with no problems. Washer's pump was going bad so I decided to purchase a new set. I decided to go with Samsung to try a new brand. The WORST mistake of my life. Just after 2.5 years, the dryer was shrieking loudly and then the belt snapped. The washer will spin a small load violently, where literally, the machine jumps off the floor. Samsung should stick to televisions and other electronics. NEVER again will I buy any Samsung appliance!!

Original review: May 10, 2018

The worst Samsung washing machine I have ever owned. The washer does not drain completely and it has caused mold/mildew to build up. Every time I run a cleaning cycle I get brown mold/mildew flakes in the water. I have contacted customer service and they have been no help.

Original review: May 9, 2018

Have had Samsung washer barely 3 months and had service repairman had to be called because machine was pouring water into the pedestal and floor!!! Repairman said these machines were not built for washing clothes that have human or dog hair on them!!! WTF? My husband and I do not have dog hair on our clothes. I have old twin size thermal blanket I put down for dog and wash it every couple of weeks. Shake it out before putting in this large capacity washer, clean filter each time.

Serviceman said these can't handle this and were only designed to last 1 - 2 years!!! What the hell is it for? We are both 65 and do not have heavily soiled clothes and do small loads. A twin size thermal blanket that yes, will have dog hair on it even after being shaken out. My Kenmore was 25 years old and worked fine. Just wanted a newer, bigger and BETTER machine? BIG MISTAKE!!! Kept receipt in pedestal, it got wet and fell apart (bought online Best Buy). See pictures below. Standing water in pull handle of pedestal and standing water in pedestal.

Original review: May 8, 2018

I paid over 2,000 dollars for my washer and dryer. I’ve owned them exactly one year and three weeks. The washer will no longer spin, continuously kicks off on its own. The dryer doesn’t hardly dry anything and it kicks off even when the clothes are completely soaked. These things are junk and I will own ANYTHING other than a Samsung washer and dryer now. It’s ridiculous to pay that much money for something that doesn’t work! I owned a Maytag for ten years and I only paid 200 dollars for that set and it was used when I purchased!

Original review: May 6, 2018

In November 2016 we purchased a Samsung washer and dryer set. Exactly one year and one month later... the washer stopped spinning. It was hard to find anyone who would touch this thing. Every time I was asked the brand, the person would sigh or cringe. Once I finally got a repairman, he ordered a board, which took weeks to even come in. In the meantime, I developed tennis elbow from ringing out soaking wet clothes to place in the dryer. Once the board came in... it still didn't work. The repair company had to eat the cost. Later, they room the machine to the shop and have me a loaner while they ran tests. They had to order another part which took one month. That fixed the issue but one month later, it has stopped spinning. I will never purchase another Samsung appliance. I have had used Kenmore washers that lasted longer than this fancy piece of useless metal. I will be sending this to scrap and buying me a Kenmore.

Original review: May 6, 2018

Bought washer in February 2014. Warranty ran out February 2015. Started March 2015 overflowing. Walked in laundry room water everywhere. Had it fixed and two months later it stopped spinning. Had that fixed and in four months drum was off. Have constantly had it fixed and Samsung said they would give me a refund. Customer service asked me to send in my receipts. Sent them in 10 times. They claim they can't read them. Have talked to numerous people in customer service. I feel I'm getting the runaround. Samsung appliances are crap and customer service is worst. I will never buy another Samsung appliance, phone or anything.

Original review: May 4, 2018

We purchased a Samsung washer and dryer less than six months ago. I have had the control panel replaced on my dryer, and twice now I have had a sensor (same one) replaced on the washer. The second time I got the code was less than one hour after the service technician left. They are junk! Customer service is seriously lacking. They don't care about you as a consumer. They told me that there has to be four service calls on the same unit and the service technician has to deem the unit unrepeatable in order to escalate it for a refund. Poor quality appliances. They do NOT stand by their products!! Inferior quality products and no customer support. You are basically stuck with their junk.

Original review: May 3, 2018

4 years ago we bought a Samsung washer & dryer. We had them 3 years with a 3 year extended warranty. I called two weeks past the warranty because the dryer sounded funny. I talk to someone that was suppose to call me back. Then some personal things happened and I forgot about it. Now it's months later no return call. There was a recall on the washer. They came and changed the top. Well the washer is 4 years old and the top where you add bleach is all rusted. I'm not happy about how it doesn't clean clothes very well. I paid a lot of money for these and expected them to last longer. The dryer only lasted 3 years and it wasn't even used from April to Nov. every year we had it. I hung my clothes out. I would like the dryer fixed and something done about the washer. Please let me know what I have to do to make this happen.

Original review: April 30, 2018

Worst decision we ever made was buying a Samsung washer/dryer. Takes 2 hours to dry a pair of Levis, washer top may blow off during spin cycle, super loud and noisy and NO RETURN calls from Samsung regarding problems. Can't even get them to come out to repair top that blows off. Do yourself a favor and Don't buy Samsung washer/dryers... Just junk and unsafe.

Original review: April 28, 2018

We purchased a Samsung HE washer/dryer duo. It is one of the worst decisions we have ever made. Clothes don't wash nor do they dry properly. We had a service recall because, apparently, the machine could explode on a particular setting... exploding washing machine??? This never occurred to Samsung that it might be a problem, during product testing? Although having used this machine for the past couple of years, I am convinced there was no testing. DO NOT BUY SAMSUNG APPLIANCES. They should stick to phones and DVD players.

Original review: April 27, 2018

Bought a Cadillac Red Front loader in 2010. Just my husband & I so washing machine has never washed huge loads. Totally took a crap. Bearing went out of it and washer won't drain. A washing machine should last longer than 7 1/2 years. That's frickin ridiculous!!! We took extremely awesome care of our washer and this is what we get. Samsung should stand behind their product and send me a voucher for a new washer. I am heartbroken and sick over my broken washing machine.

Original review: April 21, 2018

Our top loading washing machine was on recall. They came twice to handle the recall. Within a short time the machine started making funny loud noises. Called Samsung. They said that the machine was not repairable and offered us a refund on the machine. Almost 4 months later we still do not have the refund and they have reduced the amount of the refund 3 times. So now we will be getting less than half of what we paid for the washing machine in the first place. THEY DO NOT GIVE CUSTOMER SERVICE and they are a consumer ripoff as well.

Original review: April 21, 2018

I have the WA52J8700AP/AA model (purchased January 2017). Now undergoing the second major repair in 60 days. Note, this model is no longer offered. Samsung performed the first major repair in January 2018 under warranty. Now, under this repair, Samsung has ignored any responsibility. Fortunately, I have the Geek Squad plan from Best Buy to cover. All the parts in this poorly designed washer are PLASTIC. First the plastic clutch broke. Now the plastic powertrain coupler shattered. This is a 5.4 cubic foot tub using plastic gears! The first service technician said not to load the tub past half way. What good is selling this size of a tub if it cannot handle the load? It cannot since it is made of PLASTIC. Samsung responses are slow and worthless. They will not stand behind their products. DO NOT BUY SAMSUNG.

Original review: April 19, 2018

The repair process is ridiculous. They told me that I would receive a call this morning when the technician would be at my home this morning. At 11:00 am no call. The last time it took them three weeks for service. This machine is 4 months old. I will never own another Samsung appliance.

Original review: April 13, 2018

Save yourself a big headache. It’s a beautiful piece of trash and their customer service is even worse. Bought mine about 5 year ago. It’s been a recall that didn’t resolve anything. I had to purchase two parts already that just fell apart and last time I call to purchase one of those one more time they promised to send it for free. Yeah right. It’s been 3 months. I’m still waiting and half washing my clothes. I wouldn’t recommend you any of their appliances. I also own a refrigerator. Just because they look good that doesn’t mean they work good. There is plenty of brands with a good reputation and quality products not pieces of trash.

Original review: April 12, 2018

I purchased a Samsung front load washing machine in 2013. Now, 5 years later the washer is done. It snags multiple loads of clothes and it has ruined hundreds of dollars worth of clothes. There is absolutely nothing in the washer and the tub that could cause this and the tub surface is completely smooth. I have no idea how it is eating and ruining my clothes but I have found multiple complaints from other customers. Never will we purchase a Samsung washer and dryer again.

Original review: April 8, 2018

Purchased a Samsung HE top loader (WA50K8600AW/AA) in January 2017. By March 2018, it stopped working. Called Samsung, to no avail, since it's out of warranty. Said they would have someone call to set up an appointment for repair (at our cost) which never happened. I will never buy a Samsung appliance again... A very costly mistake!!

Samsung Computers and Monitors expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Samsung's name is associated with quality, and produces everything from electronics to home appliances. Based in South Korea, the company generated a massive 305 billion dollars in 2014, employs nearly 500,000 people and sells its products to nearly every country in the world.

• Energy Star options galore: Many of Samsung's washers were designated under Energy Star's "Most Efficient" washers category in 2014, pointing to serious cost savings on energy. In fact, Samsung as a whole won Energy Star's Partner of the Year award for its commitment to energy efficiency.

• Noise-reduction: Samsung washers are known for their noise-reduction technology, meaning consumers can enjoy some peace and quiet while their washers run.

• Smart control features: Many Samsung washers bring control to a whole new level. Consumers can control washers from apps on their smartphones or interact with intelligent LCD panels to choose from a huge variety of washing options, speeds and automatic settings.

• Speed is built-in: Samsung washers are developed with speed in mind, with many models offering the SuperSpeed option. This can reduce washing times compared to standard washers by up to 50 percent, even for full loads.

• Best for: People who like advanced features, families and professionals.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs