Shop Now
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.28/5

Samsung is a leading appliance and electronics brand headquartered in Seoul. Samsung makes multiple home products, including smart vacuums, kitchen appliances and laundry appliances, including washers. The company’s washers are widely available online and in retail stores nationwide.

BOTTOM LINE

Samsung is a great choice for consumers who like options. The company sells economical and luxury choices with energy-efficient and smart technology features.

PROS

• Energy-efficient
  • Long product life
  • Multiple price points
  • Financing available

CONS

• Short return period
  • Can be pricey

Top Samsung Washers Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Washers?

The Samsung washer dryer combo works really well in small spaces. We live in a condo and we love it because of its size … It's so easy to use, just wash a load of clothes and when you're done just turn the dryer cycle on, no need taking wet clothes out and putting them in another machine.

Very well made- we do laundry 5 days a wk. 1 issue in 5yrs. Highly recommended by me. I'm Samsung washer and TVs type of person. Check them out first, you won't want to look at any other. They do run some great specials at certain times of the yr. SAMSUNG FOREVER.

Samsung Washers Shop Now

Order new appliances for your home

Shop top brands on Appliances Connection

Visit Website

Order new appliances for your home

Shop top brands on Appliances Connection

Visit Website

About Samsung Washers

Samsung washers offer a variety of features to make cleaning your clothes simple, fast and energy-efficient.

Samsung washers are available as 2-in-1, front-load and top-load models. The company offers several colors, including white, champagne-colored or fingerprint-resistant black stainless steel. Samsung washers are available online and at major retailers and home improvement stores, including Best Buy, Home Depot, Lowe’s and Sears.

Available features and functions include:

• FlexWash
  • AddWash
  • activewash
  • Steam-washing technology
  • ENERGY STAR-certified
  • Wi-Fi connectivity
  • Vibration-reduction technology
  • Super speed

Each Samsung washing machine includes several settings for water temperature, cycle length, spin speed and soil levels. Some Samsung washers can be paired with Alexa or Google Assistant to let you control the appliance remotely.

To care for your Samsung washer, be sure to use the right detergent, avoid overloading the washer and move clean clothes from the washer as soon as the cycle is complete.

Samsung washing machine price

Samsung washers start at $600 and can cost up to $1,900. Front-load washers cost more than top-load washers, and adding certain features, such as Wi-Fi capability or vibration-reduction technology, increases the final cost of the appliance. Samsung has sales throughout the year and frequently offers free shipping on its products. Financing is available for qualified buyers.

Samsung Washers FAQ

How long do Samsung washing machines last?
With proper maintenance, a Samsung washing machine can last up to 15 years. Washing machines that are used more frequently than average, however, may not last as long as expected.
What Samsung washers have been recalled?
Samsung recalled 34 models of high-efficiency, top-loading washers sold between March 2011 and November 2016. You can view a full list of the affected models and what to do next on the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission’s website.
How long is the Samsung washing machine warranty?
Samsung includes a 24-month warranty on all washers. You can also purchase an extended warranty that covers the repair or replacement of your appliance for an additional one to five years.
How does Samsung front load washer work?
Front-load washers fill the bottom of the inner tub with water and use the side paddles and rotational spinning to lift the clothes in and out of the water, which removes dirt and stains from fabric. Many people prefer front-load washers, though they do tend to be heavier, noisier and more expensive.

Are Samsung Washers good?

The features and functions of Samsung washers make the company a popular choice in the industry. With options to pretreat, steam and speed wash clothes, you can spend less time doing laundry. A limited number of Samsung washing machine models have been recalled, but overall, we recommend Samsung washers because they are energy-efficient, reliable and can last up to 15 years.

Samsung Washers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Washers?

Original review: May 24, 2020

In general our machine is absolutely perfect. There are a few little idiosyncrasies, like the center cap on top of the lower drum axle, that's made out of plastic. It looks like chrome, but it's plastic. And it breaks at least once a year, and you have to buy one off of eBay or Amazon. The only other complaint is the whole mess around Samsung switching out the labels on the dial because of the betting balance issue. Kind of a pain in the ** really but it was a one-time deal. All in all love this machine.

Original review: May 21, 2020

Our washer worked great for almost a year. Then, while my wife and I were at work, a loud alarm went off on my phone. I received message that my main water was shut off and a leak sensor was triggered. It turns out the filter drain was leaking. We have replaced the drain plug and seal, but it still leaks. This is the third Samsung product that we loved when we saw. Liked the features and how it worked and then... Something small throws a damper on the mood. Our Samsung microwave just died too.

Get buying tips about Washers and Dryers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 15, 2020

We finally got an energy efficient washer. We weren’t used to no agitator but googled the difference. The newer washers push water through the clothes vs the old way of pushing the clothes through the water. It fills with only a fraction of water estimated by the weight of the articles. That scared us at first as it didn’t seem to add enough water to possibly wash clothes and get them clean. After more researching and doing loads of laundry. This Samsung has gotten the clothes much cleaner. I don’t like how it takes longer to wash clothes with these machines but it is what it is. The machine is very quiet vs our old ones. We no longer have to shut our laundry room door. We forget it’s even going until it plays a song when done.

Original review: May 13, 2020

Constantly goes off balance and washer needs to be stopped to readjust load even after serviceman balances it. Easy to use but paint is easily scratched if laundry basket is set on top and removed without lifting straight up so any other kind of contact would probably take paint right off. Getting correct amount of liquid detergent for load is difficult to eyeball. Disappointed in extended warranty, company does not send a reminder and only warranty to purchase is 5 year for $500, I'll just put $100 away each year since the washer is only a 400-500 value, depending upon where you buy it. The machine works well after 3 years now and the only real issue I have is that it doesn't stay in balance. Would I buy it again, yes, if it extends past a 10-15 year mark like my previous washers have. My Kenmore lasted for over 20 years so I'm hoping I will hit that mark with my Samsung.

Original review: May 12, 2020

This wash machine has a wide variety of settings for washing. The bedding and waterproof items setting is very helpful. Without the center cylinder things like this can tangle, but not so in this setting. The spin cycle does a great job. Much less dryer time is needed. The water jet inside the washer is super handy to touch up items with a stain before the load. I wondered if I would use the deep fill water option since my old machine used a lot more water. But I have not felt the need to use it yet, this washer gets clothes nice and clean without all the extra water. I love that it reminds me when it is time to clean the machine. The self clean cycle is great. You will enjoy the little chime that goes off when the load is done. Highly recommend this washer!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2020

Worst washer ever, does not get clothing clean. When cycle is done the laundry still has unpleasant odor. When I take clothing out some parts are not even wet. Water level is way too low, does not even cover the laundry. Agitation cycle is useless partially due to low water level. I bought the washer/dryer set. The dryer works well. I bought the washer because of the large tub, not worth it! I would not buy another Samsung washer.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2020

Samsung washers are manufactured with poor quality materials and have a short warranty (1 year). My Samsung washer lasted about 14 months before problems. Parts come from China and needed to be back ordered....with current situation (Covid-19) it was uncertain when (if ever) parts would be available. My recommendation, stay away from Samsung washers and dryers. I have had problems with both...with the problems beginning within a few months of the end of the 1 year warranty.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2020

Our Samsung Top Load Energy Efficient washing machine after 2 years is needing new sensors. The sensors start at $150 and up for each sensor. This washer wasn’t cheap and you would think it would last longer than 2 years!!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2020

We have a Samsung and got the extended 5yr warranty. I had to call 2 different #'s to find out there was a recall. They wanted to do the recall before fixing our washer, but their repair people are busy so it was going to be 2 weeks wait. Needless to say yesterday me and my husband noticed a musty odor in our laundry room. He pulled out the washer and you could see where it was steadily leaking from the top causing black mold all over our walls. We called them and again are put off. We may have to call our homeowners insurance and file a lawsuit.

To make matters worse my 5yr old has asthma and now we have black mold. I am upset, who is going to pay for the damages? This washer will destroy your home and the company does not care about you, your home, or your warranty. I feel let down and devastated. They are going to call us on Wednesday to see what they can do. Their company was more concerned with covid than killing our 5yr old with mold spores they caused.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2020

We bought this Samsung washing machine 18 months ago from Lowe's. It worked great in the beginning and has completely stopped working after 18 months. When you spend this kind of money on an appliance it should last for a decade. Lowe's and Samsung said it's not under warranty. We are paying someone to come out and look at it. Samsung and Lowe's you should be ashamed for letting a customer spend $1000 on an appliance, it breaking and telling them "oh well" there is only a 1 year warranty.

Samsung Washers Company Information