3.9/5 (643 ratings)

About Samsung Washers

Samsung is a leading appliance and electronics brand headquartered in Seoul. Samsung makes multiple home products, including smart vacuums, kitchen appliances and laundry appliances, including washers. The company’s washers are widely available online and in retail stores nationwide.

Pros

• Energy-efficient
  • Long product life
  • Multiple price points
  • Financing available

Cons

• Short return period
  • Can be pricey

Bottom Line

Samsung is a great choice for consumers who like options. The company sells economical and luxury choices with energy-efficient and smart technology features.

Top Samsung Washers Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

The Samsung washer dryer combo works really well in small spaces. We live in a condo and we love it because of its size … It's so easy to use, just wash a load of clothes and when...

Verified

Very well made- we do laundry 5 days a wk. 1 issue in 5yrs. Highly recommended by me. I'm Samsung washer and TVs type of person. Check them out first, you won't want to look at an...

About Samsung Washers

Samsung washers offer a variety of features to make cleaning your clothes simple, fast and energy-efficient.

Samsung washers are available as 2-in-1, front-load and top-load models. The company offers several colors, including white, champagne-colored or fingerprint-resistant black stainless steel. Samsung washers are available online and at major retailers and home improvement stores, including Best Buy, Home Depot, Lowe’s and Sears.

Available features and functions include:

• FlexWash
  • AddWash
  • activewash
  • Steam-washing technology
  • ENERGY STAR-certified
  • Wi-Fi connectivity
  • Vibration-reduction technology
  • Super speed

Each Samsung washing machine includes several settings for water temperature, cycle length, spin speed and soil levels. Some Samsung washers can be paired with Alexa or Google Assistant to let you control the appliance remotely.

To care for your Samsung washer, be sure to use the right detergent, avoid overloading the washer and move clean clothes from the washer as soon as the cycle is complete.

Samsung washing machine price

Samsung washers start at $600 and can cost up to $1,900. Front-load washers cost more than top-load washers, and adding certain features, such as Wi-Fi capability or vibration-reduction technology, increases the final cost of the appliance. Samsung has sales throughout the year and frequently offers free shipping on its products. Financing is available for qualified buyers.

Samsung Washers FAQ

How long do Samsung washing machines last?
With proper maintenance, a Samsung washing machine can last up to 15 years. Washing machines that are used more frequently than average, however, may not last as long as expected.
What Samsung washers have been recalled?
Samsung recalled 34 models of high-efficiency, top-loading washers sold between March 2011 and November 2016. You can view a full list of the affected models and what to do next on the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission’s website.
How long is the Samsung washing machine warranty?
Samsung includes a 24-month warranty on all washers. You can also purchase an extended warranty that covers the repair or replacement of your appliance for an additional one to five years.
How does Samsung front load washer work?
Front-load washers fill the bottom of the inner tub with water and use the side paddles and rotational spinning to lift the clothes in and out of the water, which removes dirt and stains from fabric. Many people prefer front-load washers, though they do tend to be heavier, noisier and more expensive.

Are Samsung Washers good?

The features and functions of Samsung washers make the company a popular choice in the industry. With options to pretreat, steam and speed wash clothes, you can spend less time doing laundry. A limited number of Samsung washing machine models have been recalled, but overall, we recommend Samsung washers because they are energy-efficient, reliable and can last up to 15 years.

Samsung Washers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Washers?

Original review: Jan. 13, 2022

I purchased a Samsung washer. After a couple years I noticed the top of the machine was rusting so I called samsung for a repair. They sent a guy out to repair it. He was here for 4 hours, had all kinds of problems trying to get the machine apart, in the end he left my machine inoperable. I called samsung everyday. They gave me a different story. They kept telling me the ticket was open and somebody would get back to me the next day and no one ever did. Every time I call back they tell me somebody tried to call me. This is a lie. Finally I call back again and they tell me they closed the ticket because they could not get in touch with me. Another lie.

I spoke to many supervisors. This company lies and strings you along until eventually you get fed up and give up. Bottom line is this company can't be trusted. I will never buy another samsung washer again. I'm also telling as many people as I can, also social media about my horror story in hopes that people will think twice about buying a samsung washer. BUYER BEWARE!!!!

Original review: Jan. 7, 2022

We bought this washer 5 years ago and have had it service 3 times since. First time Samsung sent a guy out for a recall on the lid. Next time was a year ago when it was vibrating so hard it would shut down. Now today I spent $100. to have a tech come out because it would not spin. We followed the limited instructions in the manual which said, make sure plug is in and hit cancel and try again. The tech fixed it in 5 minutes. Said that when you hit cancel and restart it must sit for 5 minutes before it recalibrates itself. Would have been nice if it said that in the manual or when I asked Samsung about the problem and error message. They told me I needed to have a tech come out. 100 bucks out the window when they could have told me to let it sit for 5 minutes after hitting restart.

Get buying tips about Washers and Dryers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2022

We bought Samsung clothes dryer Model #DVG45T6000W on Dec 8; 2021. This model supposed to have reversible door. (Can be changed to open on right or left) After reading in the user manual, we attempted to change to door to open the other way. The screws were so tight that one screw stripped out. We called Home Depot, they said, "Call Samsung." Samsung said we voided the warranty when we tried to change the door to open the other way. I told her “the manual tells the customer how to change the door. And it does NOT tell you to call for support to change the door. So why are they VOIDING my warranty." If they are going to do this they should have the user manual CHANGED to say “call support to change the door, or the warranty will be VOIDED." So now I have a machine that they won’t warranty even though I paid for a three year warranty. These Samsung guys are scammers.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2021

I ordered appliances from Samsung and they arrived with major cosmetic issues that causes the unit to not work properly. I have been trying to get a replacement for 5 weeks and usually get hung up on, have to get transferred from department to department, and get different "solutions". Still no dryer. The last update was that I have to take (myself) this large appliance to FEDEX to return and then repurchase a new one. On top of that, I have to find a box to ship it - mind you that the item was delivered, obviously they did not leave the box when they installed it. And on top of that, I have to wait for them to receive the return, process the return and then reorder and wait for shipping - all this time without the needed appliance. The worst customer service I have ever dealt with. Will never buy Samsung again.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2021

I bought a 12 KG washer about 2 and half years ago. About 3 months ago it stopped in the middle of the cycle. I contacted Samsung, they connected me with one of their Service Centres, at a fee of course. The technician indicated the problem was the PC Board which is corrupted. We got a quote for about R2500, we placed an order. The process took forever and eventually we received the PC Board. We put it in, the washer only worked for a day, same issue occurred. They are saying it is PC Board again. How can a new PC Board be corrupted as well? We were told PC Board does not have warranty. What guarantee do I have that if I replace it it will work? I bought the washer for R14000 and I can’t even use it. Buy Samsung washer at own risk.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2021

Bought a Samsung front loading washer machine that was delivered and had issue right away. Called samsung..and they sent out a repair guy. Repair guy inspected and on a live feed with samsung showed it was defective. We were told that day, we were getting a replacement asap. Week later nothing happened..called then got the run around that we'd have to send pics of receipt, etc and it will be reviewed and processed and we would be receiving new washer. Another week goes by.. and nothing.

Call again and they tell us they're not sending a replacement but we should be receiving a voucher to take to Home Depot to reorder washer and they're putting a rush on it and should have it that week. Another week later and nothing. Call back and they tell us we have additional paperwork to fill out and it will have to be reviewed and then a voucher will be sent. We do all that and Another week later still waiting. A month with no washer after being out 800 bucks on a new one that we had just bought that was defective. 400 bucks now in laundromat fees. We've gotten nothing from customer service but a complete run around. No compensation either for how much money their defective product has cost us. Horrible company.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2021

My Samsung Washer door gasket produces mold that is impossible to clean. When removing clean clothes I have to put a dry towel over the gasket to prevent them from touching the moldy gasket and remove the clothing one item at a time.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2021

We purchased a new, pricey Samsung washing machine, with an expensive warranty. After a few days, a leak was detected in the drain pipe, and we could not use the machine. We called Samsung, which scheduled a service appointment, in which a new drain pipe would be installed. The appointment was delayed and rescheduled by the technician over and over - very frustrating. Finally, the service technician came - but not at the time of the appointment, and we were not home. We made a new appointment, and when the technician arrived, he took a look, contacted his headquarters and claimed that the drain pipe was damaged by the installer (from a large home appliances company, where we bought the machine). He said he cannot help and started for the door.

My wife asked him if she can please speak with the person he called at Samsung, and he said no. she then asked if she can pay him for the replacement drain pipe, which he had in his hands, and he said no, and abruptly left. It was outrageous and makes me want to never again buy anything from Samsung. I am disgusted.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2021

We purchased Samsung washer and dryer for our home a little over 2 years ago. Recently, the spin cycle stopped working. I contacted Samsung and they offered no help. Repairman came and said transmission was bad. Well, the wash plate was seized onto the top of the transmission. Had to destroy washplate to get a puller in to pull off seized metal centerpiece. YES, only 2 years old and it was seized. Parts were replaced, still not operating correctly. Again, with no help from Samsung. $450.00 dollars later., still has issues. I should have scrapped it and bought something American made. I would never buy anything made by samsung again

Original review: Oct. 3, 2021

May 09, 2021 I went to Lowe's and purchased a Samsung Washer and Dryer Set. I purchased everything recommended including a 3 year extended warranty. 3 months after the purchase I notice a knocking sound while the washer was in spin mode. I thought off level so I check. That was not the problem. So I contacted Lowe's and they said I would need to contact Samsung. Well this is where the nightmare begins. Samsung had a process which included scheduling and send a technician out to look at the washer for repair. This took about a week and a half. During this time my wife and I are now going to a laundromat to do our laundry.

Once the technician gave his diagnosis that the washer was not repairable I thought it would be easy to finalize the situation. Exchange for a new washer problem solved. But Lowe's here in Hawaii did not have a matching unit in stock and I was told 6 to 8 weeks before they could get one in. This would not work of course for me or my wife. So I felt a refund for both washer and dryer was the ethical and right thing to do. But Samsung would only authorize the refund exchange for the washer and not the dryer because there was nothing wrong with the dryer. REALLY!!

I purchased them together and one without the other I pointless. So have Lowes give me back my money for both so that my wife and I can purchase a working washer and dryer set. Hawaii I will keep you posted on the outcome of this situation. If Samsung does not step up and do the right thing. My advice to everyone in Hawaii stay away from Samsung products so you to do not experience this nightmare.

Mahalo