Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Samsung Washers Reviews

Original review: Feb. 24, 2020

Don’t buy. Samsung washer is the worst. I pay 800 dollars 2 years after is done. Plus 130 for warranty for 5 years. When I call for service they told me I have to wait 8 day for my appointment for the service.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2020

We bought the Samsung front load dryer in 2016. Thank god we purchased a Epp with it because the dryer broke 3 times already. And each time it's the heating element. Will never get a Samsung appliances anymore.

Get expert buying tips about Washers and Dryers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2020

Washer breaks, I call a technician, he opens the back and find a brick inside my machine. I call Samsung, they don't wanna pay for anything. Estimated of $1,000 works need to be done. They not paying for it. It is a manufacturing defect that they installed a brick in my machine, that caused all the parts to get dusty and break the motor itself as well. Samsung not even trying to help at all.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2020

This while using my washing machine, a very loud bang and crash occurred from the laundry room. The drum broke from its mounts during a spin cycle on a small load. The damage is beyond repair, the front outer shell was dented outwards approx 1 1/2", the right side 1", left side big dent, the rear of the appliance 3-4". This was the second major issue with this unit. The first was the drain hose disconnected during use. Flooded our basement. This when we found out about the recall. Went through the process, were suppose to receive money, all we got was extended 1 year warranty and told not to use the bedding cycle as the machine could not handle this cycle. Now we find out there is a class action lawsuit against Samsung, which we definitely will processing a claim. My advise is do not purchase Samsung appliances, they make a good tvs and cell phones. If I could post photos for everyone to see I would.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2020

We've probably owned a dozen washer and matching dryer models over the past 40 years. After 3 or 4 years, I sell and replace before they start having problems. Mostly Whirlpool and Maytags. Unfortunately, I had a moment of weakness and bought a Samsung pair during a Lowe's sale. Both have been terrible. The dryer blows the bi-metal thermal switches. I keep spares but it requires dissembling the unit to replace.

The washer with no agitator does a poor job of washing. Small loads, large loads and in-between loads get out of balance, throw an unbalanced load code UE, shuts down and requires rearranging whatever you are washing. The temporary fix is to replace the 4 suspension rods as the springs weaken with use. Fortunately they aren't hard to replace because a service call repair will set you back about what you paid for the machine new. Both units are made in China. Suppose to have a 10 year warranty but evidently it only covers the name plate because nothing else is. There was a recall or class action settlement regarding exploding Samsung washers. Other than an acknowledgement letter that my unit was covered, never heard anything else. Samsung should stick to building cell phones.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Computers and Monitors?

Original review: Feb. 2, 2020

Samsung washer needed rubber boot seal around front load door. On top load washers the “spider legs” on the base of the machine are made of pot metal. These legs/arms hold the shaft that turns the drum. They all will rust/deteriorate in a short time from water/dampness. Very poor engineering. Samsung dryer DV210AEW/CAA purchased 2011 has needed a new belt tensioner because the ball bearings in it failed. It also needed a new heating coil because the original one “exploded” or popped. Finally my 45” Samsung tv stopped working. There are 3 main circuit boards behind the screen. One of the boards went bad and I learned that it was because of the capacitors on the board which (no kidding) are made in North Korea.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

Horrible product. Samsung should stick to making phones. Their washers and Dryers are junk! The support rods wear out after 1 year. The inside of the washer started rusting after 9 months. Our dryer is 3 years old, and is on its 3rd heating element. It takes 2-3 hours to dry a load of towels. The metal top isn't much thicker than heavy duty aluminum foil. Beware! Stay away!

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

Amusing VRT plus top load washer is seriously the worst washer I have ever owned. I would say at least every 4 times it does not balance correctly and it continues to add water and drain some then adds more water. It is ridiculous. I have to always be close to the washer when it is on, or else it will literally run for 3 hours.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

Purchased washer in mid 2014 after buying a new home. Did not use until 2015 after move in was completed. Worked fine until 2018 when began smelling moldy so treated as per instructions. By 2019 it became out of balance, wobbly and must/mold smell constantly. Thanksgiving 2019 it ran sounding like a jet landing and vibrating terribly.. Quit using and fell back on old, small Kenmore saved from years ago.

In short: $1250.00 got us 5 years of use and lots of smelly laundry. A 10 year Direct Drive warranty is a joke as it only covers parts in the motor assembly. The part is the spider assembly which is around $80-$130 (covered). However, to get to the part is not covered nor other parts the broken assembly ruined. Estimate received: $130 for Diagnosis, $85 shredded outer seal from broken spider arm, $15 seal ring, $75 worn shocks from wobbling, $285 service repair time for technician. That is around $600 for an $85 part so, of course buy a new machine. What a racket!

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

I have had my machine for around 11 months, I do a lot of laundry in my house, I don't like to have laundry hanging around so generally do 2 loads a day, most of my loads are around 40-50% of the drum capacity. This machine only likes full loads to wash, anything under 70% full and it won't spin it, so the washing comes out dripping, you have to run a separate spin cycle at least 1x or wash again in a bigger load. Unless you are drying a pair of socks you have to put the machine on the drying cycle at least twice to get a half load dry. Compared to my last 2 washer dryers by other brands it takes at least double the amount of time to get a load washed and dried in this machine. I generally buy a new machine every 3-4 years, I give up with this machine and I'm off to buy a new 1. I'm a working mum and don't have time to sit by the machine's side!!

Samsung Computers and Monitors expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Samsung's name is associated with quality, and produces everything from electronics to home appliances. Based in South Korea, the company generated a massive 305 billion dollars in 2014, employs nearly 500,000 people and sells its products to nearly every country in the world.

• Energy Star options galore: Many of Samsung's washers were designated under Energy Star's "Most Efficient" washers category in 2014, pointing to serious cost savings on energy. In fact, Samsung as a whole won Energy Star's Partner of the Year award for its commitment to energy efficiency.

• Noise-reduction: Samsung washers are known for their noise-reduction technology, meaning consumers can enjoy some peace and quiet while their washers run.

• Smart control features: Many Samsung washers bring control to a whole new level. Consumers can control washers from apps on their smartphones or interact with intelligent LCD panels to choose from a huge variety of washing options, speeds and automatic settings.

• Speed is built-in: Samsung washers are developed with speed in mind, with many models offering the SuperSpeed option. This can reduce washing times compared to standard washers by up to 50 percent, even for full loads.

• Best for: People who like advanced features, families and professionals.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team