Samsung Washers
1.31/5
  • 1 star
Based on 288 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Need a washer and dryer?

Samsung Washers

Select stars to rate your experience
    Very dissatisfied with the experience
    Dissatisfied with the experience
    Satisfied with the experience
    Happy with the experience
    Would recommend to a friend
    Last updated: Jan. 16, 2018

1767 Samsung Washers Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
    Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

Let me start by saying, we have had several repairs on our washing machine. Once again it needed repairing, a repair company came to repair my Samsung washer, but referred us to Samsung. After numerous calls to Samsung they were unable to find anyone to service it. We have been 4 weeks without a washer, during the holidays too. We have called Samsung at least twice a week. Today they informed us our warranty has expired; we can have repairs made at our cost!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

I had a 3 year old Samsung dryer that started making thumping sounds due to a cracked drum. Samsung had a run on drums too thin - defective design. Technician called it not reasonable to repair. I called Samsung and was lead to believe that if the tech put a certain code on the diagnosis there would be some help from Samsung. He said it wasn't up to him but that that only applied if it was unrepairable. He said it was repairable just that it would cost more to repair than buy a new one so ergo it did not qualify for a code. Got that? Complete lack of build quality and ultimately customer service. Complete trash. Please do not buy Samsung Dryers. Horrible experience.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

Took a long time to realize we were having an issue as I do not babysit the machine when it's on. Purchased back in 6/2017 and recently noticed that it's either getting stuck in spin or rinse cycle and not progressing. After contacting Samsung and attempting some troubleshooting with the getting stuck it didn't fix the issue. They told me 1/3/18 someone would call me in 2 business days to set an appointment come look at it. I received a random call on 1/7/18 from a person that said they worked with the company that was going to come out.

They had me on speaker phone and sounded like they were at home lost and confused. Multi-tasking not their strong point. So they scheduled me for 1/12/18. 1/8/18 the company calls & says they can't do 1/12/18 as they do not service my area on Fridays. It'll have to be 1/16/18 before someone can look at it. Then she tells me I need someone there to assist the tech with un-stacking the machines, as if this is something that is my responsibility. I don't have anyone that can do this and I definitely can't do this myself either.

A few hours later on 1/8/18 the machine decided to add a new issue. It now coming out of the washer from underneath somewhere and flooding my laundry room. I call the repair company back and she basically tells me there is nothing she can do to get anyone out any sooner and that I have to go 9 days without doing laundry. So, I called Samsung back requesting another repair company. They didn't call me back until 1/9/18 in the afternoon. The person I spoke with said someone will call me same day to set an appointment for 1/11/18.

I missed their call at 5pm as I was at work and called back 10 minutes later and left a VM. Their message said they are open until 6pm and no one called. I called them 4 times on 1/10/18 and get the voicemail every single time. I called Samsung 2 additional times letting them know, no one has called me and the fact that I only get the voicemail. The person I was speaking with put me on hold and got them to answer right away. They said, "They are calling you right now." I said, "No, no one is calling me right now." I ended my call with Samsung with no resolution.

I NEVER GOT A CALL from the repair company. I got home and my boyfriend says, the repair company called me for some reason to set the appointment. (I gave my cell as every point of contact and his as emergency and all my VM left had my cell, so the fact they didn't even try to call me set me off.) They say they will be out Friday 5pm-8pm and that we have to sign a waiver that if they drop my dryer and break it, it's not their fault and will not fix it. What in the world is going on here? Why as the homeowner do I have to sign some freaking waiver when it's not my fault? My 6 month old machine is out of whack and broken and the 3rd party repair company obviously doesn't give a crap about the business. At this point no one has come and nothing is fixed and I'm SUPER PISSED. Anyone having these issues as well?

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

We bought a Samsung dryer in January 2015, by December of 2017 it was broken, right in time for the holidays. When we tried to reach out to Samsung and tell them this, asking for some compensation they did nothing. Very disheartening, we will not buy their products again.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

The lint trap seems to pass more lint than it catches. The "very dry" option most often requires another 20 minute timed cycle if there is anything like a pair of jeans in the load. These two things alone would disqualify the product for me if I had known before I purchased. We want to go back to the Maytag washers that were built before the industry (or probably our government) decided we should all have and want High Efficiency junk appliances.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Computers and Monitors?

Original review: Jan. 6, 2018

Washer Review - model WA4OJ3000AW/A2 - Wish I had read existing reviews before purchasing this Samsung top-loading washer. I replaced a 30 year old (yes, thirty) Hotpoint washer that was having issues and needed to be replaced on my timeline. First I experienced the recall by Samsung to be sure the lid didn't fly off. That was done efficiently and in a timely manner. I timed the Normal, Cold, Large Cycle at 1 hour and 15 minutes and made a note to try the Medium load. I do not overload this washer but have been noticing clothes come out very wrinkled and tablecloths, napkins actually need to be pressed. I have not been in touch with Samsung Consumer Relations yet but don't have any expectation they will be helpful. Very disappointing.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

What a horrible horrible experience. Purchased a Samsung top load washer in November, have had two different companies out to 'fix the problem' and have spent more than 4 hours on the phone with Samsung and they refuse to replace the washer until a repair company deems the unit un-repairable. I have been without laundry for over two weeks. Next repairman can not come out for over a week. This is absolutely ridiculous. Never never again!!!

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

Lasted less than 2 years - Don't buy it. I never write reviews on stuff, but needed to share about this home clothes washer (model WF330...). We average around 5-6 loads of laundry a week. A couple weeks ago, the rubber liner near the door weakened & tore slightly & it started leaking just a little out the front of the door. Was going to order a new liner. Two days ago, I ran a normal load, did some errands, came back hours later & it was still running - it stayed at 2 minutes to go for a long time & it smelled kind of hot/oily. Repair guys said the spin support & spin bearing died. Major fix! Est. $500-$700 for parts alone, without labor. Looks nice, but honestly, a real piece of junk. What a waste. Speed Queen, here we come!

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

The washer bounces all over the place, doesn't completely fill with water, and will not spin with two top sheets. When it does run I usually have to pry it off the wall and thankfully the hoses hold up without breaking. Called and was promised a refund for the washer and dryer back on November 21, 2017 if I provided the receipt. So I did and they now, after 7 weeks, decided they would recant those comments and send a service tech out at their expense. Only after telling me I would have to pay for it the first time I spoke to CS. I've did everything they asked me to do, they didn't think I would have the receipt after a year I'm sure. So now they want to back out.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

I've had Samsung ActiveWash Top Load washer for a year. I've noticed that it doesn't clean as well as my old washer (which was a 10 year old top load agitator kind). I thought it is just matter of learning the new technology and try out different settings. After a year, I am used to it not washing completely clean. The yellow is the new white, that's how I see it. But today I am finally convinced that the washer I have is just BAD. I tried washing 3 kids' winter jackets. One of the jacket came out with some part still dry! That is not acceptable. DO NOT PURCHASE Samsung washer!

Original review: Jan. 1, 2018

I purchased a Samsung top load washer just 4 months ago and have been without a washer for five weeks. After 3 service calls to my house they still have not been able to solve the problem. We are limited to the company they use for their warranty and are now waiting to hear from them as to when they will be back. It is a huge inconvenience and a big expense making multiple trips to laundromats. After making multiple calls to the customer service and really getting nothing more than a ticket number for another service call, I have become frustrated. We did try going to Home Depot but it seems as though they cannot help due to the one year warranty from samsung. I find it hard to believe that no one can do anything to help. I do know that this will be the last Samsung product I will purchase.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2018

My front loader, which I spent a TON of money on, is 2 years old and if I don't manually unplug it, it will spin for hours and hours and hours. It's probably a fire hazard. No help, I've tried everything. Customer service is useless. I am going to have to cut my losses (the set was well over 2K) and get a washer that is dependable. How is this allowed? There are THOUSANDS of people with the same problem. If anyone wants to join me and get a class action lawsuit going, email me @ **. My electric bills and the cost of my machine should be reimbursed.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2017

NEVER have I had such irritating experiences with a clothes washer in my 53 years of living. This washer is all hype, looks, and smoke and mirrors. The cycles are ridiculously long, and it seems that there are no balance shafts in the thing. It goes unbalanced at the drop of a washcloth, and wastes more energy trying to get back to balance than it could ever save being used properly. I put a quilt in it, which it should have had NO trouble washing, yet it went unbalanced and STAYED unbalanced for 15 minutes before I corrected the way the quilt lay in the tub. Shame you almost have to babysit that damn thing to make sure it finishes the cycle. I am ready to return it, and then ask the seller to destroy it while I watch and clap with glee! Samsung ought to be investigated and fined for making such worthless products.

Updated on 01/15/2018: Not only does it get stuck in unbalanced mode, it doesn't fill properly. Every review I have read about the washers they make has been negative, and there are well over 100. I truly think this company should be investigated and stopped from making and selling washers in ANY country. I just called them and the CSR told me he was a technician. I further asked if he knew the workings of and had actually worked on a washer, then he changed his story. I requested to speak to his supervisor and he delayed me, then couldn't pull up the number for the service center. My next filing is with the BBB.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2017

Bought a front loading washing machine model WF45K6500AVA2 in August 2017, and the machine was broken upon first use, it would not rinse or spin clothing properly. The experience dealing with Samsung has been an absolute nightmare. They keep sending inexperienced repair people and the machine continues to be broken after the 6th service call in 5 months. I am not one to ever really write reviews but I want to avoid this company ruining any other people's lives. The customer service has been absolutely horrendous and we still don't have a washing machine that works 5 months later. The best advice would be to PLEASE STAY FAR AWAY from Samsung products altogether, especially for washers & dryers. @Samsung- get your ** together and stop robbing people blind.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2017

My new top load Samsung washer stinks so bad we have to run it twice a day to keep smell down! Contacted where we purchased it, they said, "It's not the washer, we have this problem all the time, it's people clothes"??? What do we need a washer for? Samsung maybe you should figure this out! My top of line washer and dryer is 6 mo old and going in trash! Never again Samsung!

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

Bought the top load washer in Sept of 2016. From the beginning I started filing complaints with Samsung. The washer was catching clothes at the bottom where there is a metal ring. It has torn numerous items. It also does not get the clothes clean. I washed a blanket at one time, which wasn't even wet in the center after the load was done. Things come out still crusty and guck all over things!

They have escalated my complaint time after time. I've had a tech here to fix it 5 different times. He said he can't do anymore with it. I called again just before Xmas of 2017. They told me they would get back to me. So far nothing. I have spent hours and hours on the phone with them and get nowhere. Many times have just lost the connection after being on the phone forever. I think they just hang up! I have 2 Samsunģ phones, a tablet, a stove and this crappy washer. I will not be purchasing their products ever again! I also have a friend with a front load, she is also very upset with hers! Don't buy their stuff! Maybe they used to be good, but not anymore! It's been over 1 year and I'm sick of it!

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

I purchased the Samsung Front Loader Washing Machine VRT nearly two years ago in February of 2015. At that time, the reviews weren't that scary - now? It's all I'm reading with similar issues and some others that I haven't experienced yet. About two weeks ago, I started noticing that the machine would get stuck on the rinse/spin cycle for nearly 40 minutes. It never went to the spin cycle. I purchased this thru another company whose customer service is supposed to be good. They came out to diagnose it and figured it needed a board.

He checked the hose and adjusted it but never checked the flint trap - he said it was fine because the water was draining so it was more than likely ok. He got it up and running again but that same day, it got stuck on the rise cycle again. They placed the order for the part and were out here six days later. The second guy realized that the trap was clogged so unclogged it figuring the problem was solved. He never installed the board. They left and the problem still persisted. So called AGAIN indicating that the guy JUST LEFT without making sure the machine was fully functional. In the service dept. defense, they did everything the Samsung Rep told ME to do - check the hose and empty the lint trap.

The serv rep currently is trying to track the guy down who left to come back and finish the job. I was so upset that I called them again and said, "Who can authorize a replacement." So now that is in the works - another 24 hours at least. At least I don't have to order the same machine if I get a "yes". If I get a "no", the rep will have to come back and put in what he thinks is the problem (he has since called back) - a new pump assembly - if that's even the problem - by that point, I'd of been out of a washing machine for close to three weeks. Who has time for this??? I think everyone is frustrated by Samsung Products - the techs who try to fix them who can't who then have to call Samsung to get further direction and then the customer who spend more for what they think is better only to realize they bought a pretty piece of junk.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

Last November I purchased a Samsung front load washing machine from Lowe's. About a month ago I noticed the washer making a loud knocking and whistling sound during the spin cycle. The knocking and whistling would get worse and worse as the spin cycle went on and then the washer will ROAR like a jet engine about to take off. I got my warranty book out and called Samsung. I took the phone into the room with the washer and let the customer service person hear it. He told me that it sounds like the washer needs replaced. He ordered a service call for the following week. Immediately after I got off the phone with him, the phone rang and Samsung was on the caller id. I answered and there was a woman telling me she needed to set up my washer appointment. I told her that had just been done. She finally confessed that she wasn't Samsung but the local repair shop.

I confirmed the appointment with her for the same day and time as the original appointment. The day of the appointment the repair agent was a no show. I called Samsung customer service again. They gave me a phone number to a second repair outfit to call and make an appointment. I called and was told they would put me on a list and could not tell me when someone could come out to fix my washer but it should be within a couple of days. By the end of that same week I did not hear from the repair shop so I called them up. They told me they had been meaning to call me but they just couldn't come out because they had so many call offs due to the holidays and people being sick. I was sitting for four days waiting for a call back and they never had any intention of calling me back. I called Samsung customer service back. They then gave the third and final phone number they have for a repair agent in my area.

I called this person and he told me that he is a one-man shop and that he was busy until at least the next week. He told me he would try to get me in sooner if he could. A couple of days later he calls and leaves a voicemail telling me that he is going to order a part for my washer and come out in two weeks to install it. I called him up and asked him how he knew which part to order as he had never come out and checked for error codes on the washer, listened to the problem, or verified the issue. He told me he was pretty sure what the issue is. I told him I'm not comfortable with him ordering a part for my washer without checking it out first to see what the issue is. I filed a complaint with the Attorney General in my state. They sent the complaint to Samsung. A very nasty sounding woman named Bianca called my house at 7:00 p.m. ET and left a voicemail telling me to call them.

I called them back and their phone system said they close at 6:00 p.m. The next day I called the phone number and extension Bianca left for me from 9:00 a.m. until they closed at 6:00 p.m. Each time their system would go straight to voicemail and ask me to leave a message. Then it would tell me the mailbox was full and hang up. This is the Office of the President that I was calling and this is the level of customer service they provide. Four days ago I called the Attorney General's office back and told them that Samsung's President's Office's phones are hanging up on consumers. The AG Office worker told me in so many words that Samsung does not have enough trained technicians to work on and repair the new appliances that all have computer chips. She sent a 2nd complaint. Bianca called back a second time. That was two days ago. This time when I called back I was able to leave a voicemail.

As of this writing she still has not called back. It looks like I'm going to have to look for a lawyer. I'm writing this complaint to warn other consumers about this company, their junk products, and their horrific lack of customer support or care. Once you buy a Samsung product you are left high and dry WHEN (not if) it breaks down. Do yourself a favor and look for American made products. I will only buy American appliances from now on. I have a Samsung phone and TV and guess what? They both broke also. Their products look very sophisticated, modern, and high tech. Under the shell of these products is pure junk. They do not stand behind their warranty and getting the government to actually do something is a shot in the dark. While researching all of this I found articles about top loading Samsung washers exploding, Samsung dryers exploding, and Samsung cell phones catching on fire.

Houston, I think we have a problem here and it's name is Samsung. I had a Kenmore washer for over 20 years before I bought this Samsung junk washer that has not lasted one year. If you're reading this you're probably like me and finding yourself with a brand new broken down piece of Samsung junk. Tell your family and friends to beware of this company. They prey on the public, take our money, and sell us garbage. Even though we have a written warranty from them they refuse to honor it. It may cost you a little more to buy American and the products may not look that fancy but at least they WORK and you can depend on the company to stand behind their products.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2017

Bought the set brand new, for the price mind you I'm very disappointed. Most would think, "Oh she's just a complainer", not the case. Every time something has been wrong the service tech comes out and confirms something is wrong with the units. The only reason I'm able to get new units because I get service confirmation something is wrong and I'm within my 30 days of returning it, so they have to exchange it. I can't go with another brand because my dryer is past the 30 days and on my second seems to be fine. I run a business who has time to make this stuff up, I don't ask for anything extra just for it to be replaced and it fricking work right for that kind of money. Conn's where I bought it have been great through the process when you're nice and don't blame them. It's not their fault. It's Samsung's fault.

So I will just keep going through washer after washer until I get one that works right. My first one sounded like something clunking around on the inside of the drum was very loud. Second washer the water drain was cracked when they installed in water everywhere, because it is attached to the unit. Could not be fixed. Had to exchange. Third washer they scratched on the side and pushed in the front panel when installing. I kept it and took a little refund discount on it, a week later when I was washing the bottom washer when draining was draining up into the small washer, then when I drained the top washer it drained into the bottom washer, confirmed it was not our drain. It was the drain pump backing up water into the unit instead of out. Fourth washer a week later I hear the clunking noise on the inside of the drum again like something, a piece or part has come loose and clunking around in there.

Fifth washer. Noticed when got it that when I first turned it on that when started up to put water in it's making a urrrrrr motor noise kinda loud, over a week notice the noise has gotten louder and my clothes are not coming clean. They smell. 2nd week hear the clunking noise in the drum again, and now the urrrrr noise is even louder. The pros of having the other washers I could see what it should be and not should be doing. Not all the machines had the clunking drum noise and it wasn't right away. It was after use for about a week, the other problems were not on the other washers and the noise was not on the other washers so definitely something wrong with this model. My first dryer was kinda yellow inside by the lint trap and vent light for overheating kept coming on, about a week in it got darker and darker and started having burning smell. Got it replaced. The vent light never came on and no burnt color in dryer or smell.

Dryer in time will get the discolor but not within the first year at least and the vent light staying on making it seem like it was my vents and it was not. So I'm writing this on here for people to watch out for these problems, because complaining to Samsung gets you nowhere and they deny any problems of course. So people need to report these such issues, because I have a feeling they are going to have another washer recall on their hands like last year's. I'm sad because I switch my all my appliances to Samsung. Spend $9000, All my 5 TVs & 4 cell phones are Samsung and love them. They have really disappointed me and now regret not keeping my LG appliances only 3 years old. I'm thinking their very few good reviews are their own not real customer reviews.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

Less than 2 years ago, I purchased a matching Samsung Activewash Top Load Washer and Dryer. Earlier this year, I noticed dirt and muck in the bottom of our washer after running a cycle. I figured it was time to run a self clean and did so. The self clean made things worse. After running another self clean and finding that it did not help, I ran a load of towels through the wash and moved on. I have noticed that this is a problem that happens from time to time. This past weekend, after running a load of laundry, I noticed that our clothes were caked in dirt. I thought maybe we had a left paper in one of our pockets and figured it had gotten destroyed in the wash and moved on.

Last night, I ran a load of towels and noticed the same dirt caked on our towels. I decided to do a Google search for dirt at the bottom of washer after cycle and was horrified to see multiple other complaints about MOLD and MILDEW in Samsung Washers. This washer has been nothing but problems and Samsung is clearly not taking it seriously as complaints have been occurring for some time. This is the exact same washer that was recalled less than a year ago by Samsung for a completely different issue.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

I purchased a Samsung washer three years ago and during a recent recall, discovered the lid was rusted. The company refuses to repair claiming the warranty does not cover cosmetic issues. I have owned other washers for 10 plus years and never had the lid rust.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

My front-loading Samsung washer now runs off balance and the repair is about $500. To buy the machine new is about $550. Repairman says the spider arm or bearings probably need to be replaced (and if you Google this, you'll see others have the same issue with poorly constructed spider arms holding up the drum). Samsung was absolutely NO help - not even willing to give me a discount on a new machine. I'm incredibly frustrated to have to buy a new washer when I HAVE a new washer. My old washer, which was about $300 and literally the cheapest one I could find ran like a champ for 15 years. I really don't know if I'll EVER buy Samsung again!!!

Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

The washer is terrible! Doesn’t get my white towels clean and so clothes are questionable!! When I’m washing my delicate clothes in cold water it uses hot water instead and has ruin my clothes numerous times! Worst washer I have ever had!!!

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

I have a Samsung WA400 washer purchased in 2014, and I HATE IT. What good does it do to have a washer with a large drum when it does not fill up enough to cover the laundry in it. I've looked online and gone through the washer's user manual. The manual says is if the drum doesn't seem to be filling enough, to check the incoming spigots to ensure they are fully open. Unfortunately, this is not the problem. Today I washed some cat beds that did not even fill up the drum all the way to the top. However, when the cycle was finished and I opened the washer lid, the cat bed on the top was only wet around the edges--the bed part in the center was still dry.

My sister has a Samsung washer in this same line, and she has the same problem with hers. I understand this is supposed to be an energy saving feature, but there should be an easy way to turn the feature off when you have more than just a few pieces of laundry in the drum. What good is a 10-year warranty when the product is a lemon? Shame on you, Samsung! I will never buy another one of their appliances again and will advise others not to every chance I get!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

My husband and I purchased a Samsung washer and dryer set from Lowe's back in May 17. It was delivered to us Jun 17. At the end of Oct, the washer broke and would not cycle thru. I called Lowe's and they sent a tech out on 7 Nov 17. The tech said he would need to order a part and it should take 7-10 business days to get. I called Lowe's several times asking about the part. They kept telling me it was on back order, but did not know how long it was on back order for. I called Samsung on 14 Nov and spoke with an individual there who said they would call me back and never did. Long story short, it is Nov 30 and I am still without my washer. It is sitting in a corner in my laundry room, unused and starting to smell like mildew.

Samsung REFUSES to replace or even give me a refund for my washer. Not even willing to work with me. Each time I call, I call to a different individual and I get different answers each time and promises of callbacks that are never returned. They give me the runaround and are basically telling me I need to wait until 4 Dec when the part SHOULD be released. Once it is released, it will take 3-5 business days for the tech center to get the part, then another few days to schedule. DON'T EVER BUY A SAMSUNG!!! Their customer service is horrible. I should not be without my BRAND NEW washer for over a month. I was so excited to get it, but now I hate it. I am so beyond disappointed. If you want to talk with me personally about it I would be more than happy to.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

I bought the front load, stackable washer and matching dryer Model WF42H5200 due to space constraints since they were on sale and seemed to have good ratings. Within a year, the washer started sounding like a small airplane taking off. Warranty dept got a service tech out who said it was a 2 person job, and they only had one person available, so we would need to contact another warranty service provider. Samsung recommended another provider who came out and said they needed to order the part (including a new drum). New part took 2 weeks longer than they initially told us, then arrived damaged. The service provider then said they will no longer provide warranty service for Samsung. (Guess Samsung was giving them the run-around too). Samsung finally did send a reimbursement check.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

In October 2012 we purchased a Samsung washer from Lowe's & a Lowe's extended warranty. I've had the washer serviced, including under warranty 11 times! This year, right before Thanksgiving it stopped draining and spinning. Had service again (out of warranty) just to inform me that it'll cost me 386 dollars due to a previous service, under warranty, that wires were cut & rerouted. In other words, I was scammed!

I contacted Lowe's & explained the situation. They decided to extend my warranty 1 month to get it properly fixed using my preferred appliance service company. I had to contact Samsung to order a part & Samsung informed me my washer was under a recall that needed to be addressed first then they can fix my washer for free under the 1 year warranty they are giving me. This only buys me a years worth to save for a new washer. Can you guess? I'm NOT buying a Samsung washer again. Mind you I'm still without a washer.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

I purchase a Samsung Top Loader washer in the spring of 2015. The machine broke down in Nov. 2015 when it would not turn off after finishing. The motherboard was replaced by Best Buy. This problem has continue to occur every 3 months or so. I am currently having the 5th motherboard replaced for the same problem. Fortunately, I purchased an extended warranty from Best Buy and received a additional 1 yr. warranty from manufacturer when the recall was completed. The problem is Jan. 2018 all warranties end. When it breaks down in the spring of 2018, it will need a $250 motherboard again at which time it will be junked. Do not buy a washer from Samsung. Each breakdown required 5 to 6 hours waiting to be repaired. Start with phone service center. They have you run several cycles hoping the problem will fix itself, then wait for a representative to come diagnosis the problem, then wait again for someone to show up and replace the card.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

I purchased my washer & dryer on 8/15/17 and received it on 9/17/17. In November 2017, I contacted Samsung in reference to my washer stopping on the rinse cycle. I was informed that FA Display, would be coming to fix it. No call no show. The next day I received a call from FA Display stating that they would be coming the next following day. No show no call. So I called requesting another service provider which was Universal. The tech came on November 21, stated the parts would be ordered on November 27, but it would take 5 days to return plus another 5 days to be scheduled. Needless to say I am requesting a refund so I can purchase another washer and I am getting the runarounds!! I will gladly purchase my own product if they would just let me know if I will be reimbursed!!! I have missed 2 days a work and 2 trips to the laundromat for a total of $60. I will NEVER purchase SAMSUNG EVER!!!

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

Samsung washer and dryer are simply garbage. Spider arm rot and to fix the problem until the next assembly rots you need to disassemble the washer. It is about a 3-4 your job. The part is around 170.00 here in Canada. So to complete the repair is around 7 hours plus parts that will include a new outer tub gasket and possibly a end bearing and if that is the case you cannot just replace the bearing you would be required to purchase the bearing and half of the tub. Not sure what that would cost but either way if needed you would be better off to toss the machine and start with a new product that is not Samsung.

The dryer is a whole other issue. It takes forever to dry clothes and often does not complete the drying cycle which requires you to constantly need spot check on the dryer to see if it has stopped. I in a previous life was an applicant service technician. In the days when things were built to last. Trust me simple is better. All the fancy features are just more things to go wrong. There needs to be some responsibility on the part of the manufacturer to build quality. Or we as consumers need to ensure the word gets out about these overpriced money gobblers.

Samsung Computers and Monitors expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Samsung's name is associated with quality, and produces everything from electronics to home appliances. Based in South Korea, the company generated a massive 305 billion dollars in 2014, employs nearly 500,000 people and sells its products to nearly every country in the world.

• Energy Star options galore: Many of Samsung's washers were designated under Energy Star's "Most Efficient" washers category in 2014, pointing to serious cost savings on energy. In fact, Samsung as a whole won Energy Star's Partner of the Year award for its commitment to energy efficiency.

• Noise-reduction: Samsung washers are known for their noise-reduction technology, meaning consumers can enjoy some peace and quiet while their washers run.

• Smart control features: Many Samsung washers bring control to a whole new level. Consumers can control washers from apps on their smartphones or interact with intelligent LCD panels to choose from a huge variety of washing options, speeds and automatic settings.

• Speed is built-in: Samsung washers are developed with speed in mind, with many models offering the SuperSpeed option. This can reduce washing times compared to standard washers by up to 50 percent, even for full loads.

• Best for: People who like advanced features, families and professionals.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs

www.samsung.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use