1.2/5 (43 ratings)

About Samsung Washers

Samsung is a leading appliance and electronics brand headquartered in Seoul. Samsung makes multiple home products, including smart vacuums, kitchen appliances and laundry appliances, including washers. The company’s washers are widely available online and in retail stores nationwide.

Pros

• Energy-efficient
  • Long product life
  • Multiple price points
  • Financing available

Cons

• Short return period
  • Can be pricey

Bottom Line

Samsung is a great choice for consumers who like options. The company sells economical and luxury choices with energy-efficient and smart technology features.

Top Samsung Washers Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

The Samsung washer dryer combo works really well in small spaces. We live in a condo and we love it because of its size … It's so easy to use, just wash a load of clothes and when...

Verified

Very well made- we do laundry 5 days a wk. 1 issue in 5yrs. Highly recommended by me. I'm Samsung washer and TVs type of person. Check them out first, you won't want to look at an...

About Samsung Washers

Samsung washers offer a variety of features to make cleaning your clothes simple, fast and energy-efficient.

Samsung washers are available as 2-in-1, front-load and top-load models. The company offers several colors, including white, champagne-colored or fingerprint-resistant black stainless steel. Samsung washers are available online and at major retailers and home improvement stores, including Best Buy, Home Depot, Lowe’s and Sears.

Available features and functions include:

• FlexWash
  • AddWash
  • activewash
  • Steam-washing technology
  • ENERGY STAR-certified
  • Wi-Fi connectivity
  • Vibration-reduction technology
  • Super speed

Each Samsung washing machine includes several settings for water temperature, cycle length, spin speed and soil levels. Some Samsung washers can be paired with Alexa or Google Assistant to let you control the appliance remotely.

To care for your Samsung washer, be sure to use the right detergent, avoid overloading the washer and move clean clothes from the washer as soon as the cycle is complete.

Samsung washing machine price

Samsung washers start at $600 and can cost up to $1,900. Front-load washers cost more than top-load washers, and adding certain features, such as Wi-Fi capability or vibration-reduction technology, increases the final cost of the appliance. Samsung has sales throughout the year and frequently offers free shipping on its products. Financing is available for qualified buyers.

Samsung Washers FAQ

How long do Samsung washing machines last?

With proper maintenance, a Samsung washing machine can last up to 15 years. Washing machines that are used more frequently than average, however, may not last as long as expected.

What Samsung washers have been recalled?

Samsung recalled 34 models of high-efficiency, top-loading washers sold between March 2011 and November 2016. You can view a full list of the affected models and what to do next on the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission’s website.

How long is the Samsung washing machine warranty?

Samsung includes a 24-month warranty on all washers. You can also purchase an extended warranty that covers the repair or replacement of your appliance for an additional one to five years.

How does Samsung front load washer work?

Front-load washers fill the bottom of the inner tub with water and use the side paddles and rotational spinning to lift the clothes in and out of the water, which removes dirt and stains from fabric. Many people prefer front-load washers, though they do tend to be heavier, noisier and more expensive.

Are Samsung Washers good?

The features and functions of Samsung washers make the company a popular choice in the industry. With options to pretreat, steam and speed wash clothes, you can spend less time doing laundry. A limited number of Samsung washing machine models have been recalled, but overall, we recommend Samsung washers because they are energy-efficient, reliable and can last up to 15 years.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Washers?

Original review: July 1, 2022

Very disappointed at Samsung’s customer service. We bought a washer and dryer directly from their site. They forgot the piece to stack it when delivering and NEVER came back to install it. We have been trying to get them to come for weeks now. You will last a day in the phone only to sometimes get hung up on. Also, they transfer you department to department and NO ONE KNOWS ANYTHING! Is absolutely ridiculous that after spending thousands of dollars there (including a 75” tv) they couldn’t solve the issue. Do not recommend buying directly from the Samsung website.

Original review: June 22, 2022

It was a total waste of money. After 4 years of using it only a couple of times a month light loads, since I live alone, the water is not draining after the full cycle is done! The quality is really not that great. Does not clean clothes properly and now because it's out of warranty I have to spend who knows how much to repair it. So I have to think about purchasing another washer after such a short amount of time! I am really disappointed.

Get buying tips about Washers and Dryers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 4, 2022

We purchased this washer in 2014. It became very noticeable in 2018 that it was beginning to rust around the area where you placed the Clorox. Also, I noticed at the edge of the top of the washer, it too was beginning to show signs of rusting. This was very frustrating because it was only about 4 years old. I started 2019, early 2020, I contacted Samsung and they informed me that my warranty was out and they had a recall. They would have to come out to repair the recalled part and then they could address the problems with the washer. I never heard from them. I called back, but to no avail, it was hard to reach a person.

I did start again and I spoke to the rudest person ever. He was a matter of fact and let me know the warranty was out and I would have to pay for it. I called right back and this time I had to chat which was a pain, the person kept changing. Each time I did this, they told me someone would be in touch (April 10th - June 1st). NEVER GOT A Call. Finally, I had the time to spend on the phone with a representative, and he too told me that we would have to pay for this repair because it was out of warranty. Please be leery when purchasing a SAMSUNG, cross your T's, and dot your I's. I will never purchase a Samsung washer again.

Original review: June 3, 2022

I purchased a SAMSUNG Front loading washing machine for $1223 on May 23, 2022 through Home Depot. The washer looks great but does not work, spinning machine is hitting front door hard, Samsung will not help me. Washer is defective, Samsung saying they will call me back in 1-2 days, I've been awaiting without a call back so I them back for them to tell me the same thing. I paid $1223 for a new washer but They delivered me a broken washer without a refund nor replacement.

I am contacting my lawyer because I called and Home depot called Samsung without this being resolved. Home Depot and I have been documenting this very well. I just want what I paid for or I want my $1223 refunded. Please everyone please don't purchase Samsung washer. I don't want anyone to go through what I am going through. The washer is spinning and hitting the front door violently shaking and leaking. I wish someone would've warned me before I paid $1223 I feel like Samsung robbed me

Original review: May 15, 2022

I bought a set of Samsung washer and dryer about three months ago. While my washer is ok it’s the dryer that has issues. I can’t use it on any cycle except ”timed dry” otherwise it shuts off within five minutes. And one day it wouldn’t turn on at all.

Original review: May 10, 2022

I purchased a Samsung washer that began to have issues right away with it. The washer would start to leak water out of the front creases and the front load door even after securing tightly. My washer is a little over a year old. I called on my last day of warranty for service. Samsung support of course does not follow up. No return calls and allows my warranty to run out that day purposely. In the same day they cancelled my service call telling me my warranty was out. I contact Samsung support and all you get are people that are put sourced to answer these calls that you cannot understand what they are saying to you. I finally get someone in management and he becomes rude in speaking with me tells me it’s my responsibility to take care of the washer since it’s out of warranty. Mind you they discontinued the brand washing machine so therefore the parts are hard to get.

They don’t stand by their cheaply made products and refused to answer the reasons why the brand was discontinued. Rude, unprofessional, communication barriers, lack of concern for their customers, cheaply made products. Do NOT purchase Samsung products as they will care less and will want you to come out of pocket after warranty is expired. You're also put on hold 50 times or more in the time frame that you are on the phone with them. If I could I would give no stars.

Original review: May 4, 2022

We purchased a Samsung smart washer and dryer set from home depot (which by the way was the greatest!!!). On the other hand dealing with samsung has not been, we did not even have our washer and dryer set 30 days and the washer stopped working. So immediately we contacted home depot but because it was still under warranty through samsung we had to deal with them! This is where the nightmare begins... Oct. 2021 was the 1st phone call to samsung, they sent a repair tech to look at the washer; tech arrived 2 weeks later and tells us there is not a fix for it. They are still waiting on parts that are on back order for months now.

So we then called samsung back and requested for a full refund, so samsung then had us jumping through hoops to provide them all the documentation of our purchase which was no big deal until they said they didn't get this paper and then it was they didn't get this paper and so for the last year I have been sending in paperwork after paperwork, then they approved the refund and said they was sending us a e-check in our email to buy another washer --- (after spending over a $1,000 for a brand new washer).

I am still trying to get a refund! Today 5-4-2022 I follow back up with samsung and the guy tells me they cancelled my e-check because they didn't get the pic of the tag inside the washer that has the make, model, serial numbers etc on it removed!!! I am like what!!!! So you want us to remove the one thing that proves this washer is what it is!!! He says yes!! I think not and void my warranty through samsung!!! Now I am trying to reach someone higher up the chain!!! So please do not buy samsung!!!! They are the worst!!!

Original review: April 20, 2022

I purchased a Samsung Washer/Dryer combo in November 2021. Manufacture date is February 2021. Washer and dryer both have had issues. Spent a lot of money on these products. So disappointed and repair reps absolutely rude and condescending.. Never again. Hate this product. Complete junk.

Original review: April 19, 2022

Samsung Washing Machine is just a little over 2 years old and there is a drainage code of SC that is coming up. We were told it cannot be repaired. I would never recommend a Samsung product to anyone. Not knowing this we bought a Samsung Dryer a few months ago and are not very happy with it either. Stay away from Samsung Appliances.

Original review: April 9, 2022

We have a washing matching that is less than two years old. A huge concrete piece broke out of the bottom. The repair technician said Samsung should make it right. They refused. This is a manufacturer's defect. Concrete just doesn’t break.

Samsung Washers Company Information