Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Samsung Washers Reviews

Original review: Feb. 11, 2017

I purchased not one but 2 Samsung washers. The first was part of a set, costing $1900, delivered Aug, 2015. We learned of the top load washer recall on TV 11/4/2016. 11/5/2016, we registered our washer and requested a rebate. We then chose to purchase the same model from J.C. Penney as one of the recommended retailers selling the what we thought, was the new, improved and safer model. It was delivered 11/15/2016 and found to be another recalled washer, DELIVERED FROM A SAMSUNG WAREHOUSE IN JACKSONVILLE, FL. I discussed this with a Samsung escalated manager and we agreed to have the 2nd one "fixed" and receive a full refund. The fix is not a root cause fix, simply a band aid, preventing the lid from becoming a missile.

NO ONE at Samsung will respond to my calls, queries. They've applied the "fix" to my 1st washer, 2 days after it was hauled off and closed the case! The "fixed" machine keeps recycling on the rinse/spin cycle. It also displays a DC error message, indicating the load is off balance when in fact, it's an equal distribution of laundry. Also, we are not allowed to use the robust cycles we were promised with the purchase. 3 months ago I had a high powered, high capacity, quiet washer. Today I have a shoddy, noisy washer. Please HELP the consumers! I am one of thousands of duped customers. It's a dangerous washer and Samsung is not responding in a respectful manner, to say the least.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2017

The washer and dryer are easy to use and do a good job of washing and drying. The washer has many presets for water temp and spin speed but you can change them if desired for most of the cycle settings.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2017

I'm blaming Samsung On This!! Also on Lowe's!! And their techs Servicequick!! ServiceQuick is very unprofessional, they have no clue on how to fix a washer machine. Samsung is clearly buying the cheapest service techs on the market. Less than a year old washer machine, had to wait for a week for a tech to come and take a look. Machine was making loud noise and he only recorded sound and left. After 4 days they called back saying that machine was getting drum replace next week. Waited another week send different tech and this guy took cover off, saw rust leaked on motor, took a picture and he said motor needed to be replace. He didn't put any effort to see where the leak was coming from. Had to wait another week for tech to come and replace motor and drum and some other parts.

They put covers and panel on the cement and now I have scratches all over the covers and scuff marks on the washer panel. They also placed their tools on the dryer and have scuff marks on it, and the installation of the drum was really bad, is all off balance, there is a 1 inch gap between the drum and the sealing gasket. Not only I wasn't able to use the machine for a month, but they keep on messing up. Now I have to send pictures of the scratches, and scuff marks on the panels and covers and they need to come and redo the drum to balance it properly. This guys were in a rush, my machine is less than a year old and is already has cosmetic damage and major parts being replaced. I blame Samsung on this for not picking quality service tech, I blame them for not just replacing the machine.

I'm all frustrated now. I keep on calling Samsung, Lowe's, and complaining about this situation but they don't even care. Well, Horrible, I bought this Machine at Lowe's. They sell a 3 year insurance which they are not responsible for the first year so in reality is just a 2 year. They put the first year on Samsung factory warranty, and Samsung pays this HORRIBLE! ServiceQuick people to do the repairs.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2017

This is one of the worst appliances I have ever purchased. What is worse than the washer is Samsung's Customer Service. When I first purchased my washer 2 years ago, within a few weeks it started stopping just around the time the spin cycle was to being and "ds" would flash on the panel. I called Samsung Customer Service, which basically takes you through an automated maze until you actually get to a human being.

Talking to a machine would have been more helpful than the lady I spoke to. I have never before had someone tell me that I had to diagnose my own washer issues because if I could not fix it myself, they would charge me to send out a technician. REALLY? After 45 minutes of wasting my time (and ignoring my saying that it was still under warranty) she finally agreed to send out a technician. Then proceeded to tell me AGAIN, that I might be charged for the visit.

When the technician finally came, he supposedly checked everything and said nothing was wrong. I told him that I kept getting a "ds" message and asked what it meant. Never got a proper answer. To add to all this, Samsung issued a warning about its washers stating that the doors might "fly off" during the spin cycle. WOW... So here I go again, through the automated maze to schedule to have a technician come out and "fix" the issue. Needless to say, no one came at the appointed time. After calling twice, I was finally told that the person would come a week later.

Yes he showed up and tightened the door, or something, and said it was all good. However, I could no longer wash any of my bedding in the machine. I would have to send it out to wash. OK, so why do I have a washer at home if I need to send out my washing. I took a chance and mentioned that I kept getting the "ds" message more often and asked if he knew why. He said it was possible that the door lock was defective. Why OH why was I not told that when the first technician came around? Now that my machine was no longer under warranty I am being told this. "OK, so can you fix it", I asked. "No I cannot, that would require another technician". So now I have a washer in which I cannot wash most of my items and a door lock that is defective. Maybe I should have bought the Whirlpool. You live and you learn. NEVER again a Samsung.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2017

The washer does a alright job: it does not always get food stains out. Very disappointed about how it is put together. We chose to have it repaired with the recall and were amazed that two small pieces of plastic held the lid on.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Computers and Monitors?

Original review: Feb. 10, 2017

We had to retire our Bosch laundry pair late last year, and we researched a few brands to replace them. We needed an under-the-counter form factor, and Samsung fitted the bill. So far, the washer and dryer have performed very well. They are reasonably quiet, and do a good job. We like the large number of preset cycles, with the option of adding a customized cycle. We also like the music it plays at the beginning and end of the cycles! Overall, we're very pleased with our Samsung laundry pair. Let's hope they continue to do well...

Original review: Feb. 9, 2017

These Samsung Washer and Dryer units have never worked properly; then there was a recall and they sent DISH TV to repair my appliances. Now my washer will not spin out at all. Have been trying to get them fixed for the last two weeks. Going through a major hassle and headache just trying to get service. Seems there is no one in my area (Houston, TX is the 4th largest city in the USA) that speaks English. Go figure. Cannot get any help or support with Samsung and these units are only 2 weeks out of warranty! SAMSUNG SUCKS A BIG ONE AND I DO NOT RECOMMEND THAT ANYONE BUY ONE!!!

Original review: Feb. 9, 2017

I purchased a Samsung washer a few months ago. It was over $600.00. I am on social security and live on a very fixed income and it took me over a year to save the money. Well, the one I purchased is on the recall list. I have been going back and forth with them for 2 months now. On the paper they sent me it states "if you prefer to purchase a new washer, Samsung is offering an exchange rebate Towards The Purchase of a new washer." Now they want me to buy ANOTHER washer, send in a rebate form and WAIT 6 to 12 weeks to get my money back!! I bought a junk washing machine and they recalled it and now that is my fault? All they need to do is have Lowe's pick up this crappy machine and let me pick a new one out (Not a Samsung, I will never purchase a Samsung product again). I want to go higher up to deal with this, but don't know how to. Can anyone help me?

Original review: Feb. 9, 2017

Scam or farce are good words to summarize Samsung, their top load washers, and their recall process. They are knowingly putting faulty machines out there, and taking the money of honest hard working consumers!

Original review: Feb. 9, 2017

I purchased a Samsung top loader that ended up on the recall list. Their "fix" means that now my machine doesn't wash bedding correctly, and it comes out sopping wet, and is still considered dangerous. This machine was specifically touted for washing bedding when purchased. I consider that fraud. And they sent a sticker to cover over the wash cycles, so now my dryer doesn't match the look of the washer anymore. The other option of rebate, offered a pittance of the original purchase price 3 short years ago. They offer a tad more if I repurchase a Samsung which I think is unconscionable that they are actually making more money off of their knowing debacle! I have read that Samsung knew about this extreme dangerous washer for years, even when I purchased mine! Furthermore, even before this recall, my machine never filled with enough water during wash cycles. I am extremely dissatisfied with this purchase!!!

Original review: Feb. 8, 2017

Absolute horrible experience. Why in the world are they using Dish network to repair broken appliances. Please. Not only does Dish Network not show up when they are scheduled, Samsung will not stand behind their promise to get these machines fixed. Do yourself a favor and buy another brand that will stand behind their products. They should spend a few bucks and get accredited repairmen and not use a television person. Horrible experience.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2017

Samsung has cheated me with their recall. My promised large capacity machine that would do bedding is now unusable for that purpose. Recall work does not restore these machines to their original performance level and all bedding must now be washed on delicate. No one would buy a machine that would only do bedding on delicate. Samsung is trying to make it appear they are doing right with their recall but they are cheating consumers. I now have a useless machine that has potential to still explode despite recall work.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2017

Bought my Samsung washer on 11/2012. We had several service calls done before the warranty was even up. Then we started having the tank lose control when spinning. This would be on 5 tshirts not just bedding. I would have a load and then remove half of it just to get the tank to spin without erroring out. But it then got worse and I couldn't even use it anymore. It sounded like it was going to explode. So this year I went and bought a new set of Whirlpool washer and dryer (my only other set I've ever had was Whirlpool and lasted me 14 years). So I'm out another $1400.00 for a new set. We did have our other set repaired when the recall came out and my sister was trying to use it but the repair just put brackets on to hold the lid on so it doesn't blow off. The spinning still shakes the whole washer and now I have a set of machines taking up space in my garage that I can't do anything with. Thank you for your time.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2017

I own a Samsung front loader washing machine. The machine spins violently and travels during the spin. I purchased this product at Lowe's and when I tried to return it I was told that it would not be possible as the time had expired for the return. They came out and put pads under the feet but this does not stop the violent spins even on low. I am very dissatisfied with this product and will not ever purchase this brand again.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2017

I am the owner of a recalled Samsung Top Loading washer. I am very disappointed with SAMSUNG. I have had three service visits and our washing machine has yet to be repaired. Samsung has always had wonderful products in the past. What happened?

Original review: Feb. 6, 2017

I am appalled at the service I received about having this washing machine replaced. This product isn't worth the money I wasted on purchasing it. The machine takes forever to wash and it doesn't clean well and it sometimes have to restarted several times before the cycle can be completed. I want the product replaced because this is not what I signed up for when I purchased this product.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2017

A 2012 model of this Samsung WA48H7400AP washing machine came with a house we purchased. In the fall of 2016 the machine spewed water all over our basement. After doing some research I realized having it repaired was pointless and the reviews of the customer service Samsung provides were enough to make me stay away from the brand when buying a replacement. I purchased a new machine from Whirlpool and when the rebate option was announced I sent it a request. On 2/4/17 I received a $31 check. Samsung you have lost my business forever.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2017

Had to replace water pump already. Washer is rusting around fabric softener dispenser. Samsung installed repair kit due to washer coming apart during the spin cycle. Would not purchase Samsung again.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2017

In July 2016 we bought the Samsung top-loading washer, model WA45H7000AW. This washer does not fill enough water to wash the clothes. With a Normal load, it fills to less than 3, or sometime 4, inches. This is not enough to rinse out the dirt. The dirt is loosened by agitation, but then it collects in the folds of the clothes and does not get rinsed away -- because there is not enough water to rinse the dirt away. The service guy told us that this is how the washer was designed -- to save water. But it saves too much water! The guy also told us how to force the machine to add more water. (There is no manual control for water level.) But then the washer fills to the top, wasting lots and lots of water!

Original review: Feb. 5, 2017

Dish network repaired the lid which is not attached secure. The washer has vibration issues and cannot complete a load. I have contacted Samsung through website and calls. I cannot get this washer repaired. This is a $600 hunk of junk. No one should purchase a Samsung washer. I have read the reviews and Samsung is not fixing these washers. I will never have another one of their products in my home including their phones that they literally screwed people over on.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2017

Purchased Samsung washer (recall) and dryer (defective) only 3 months old. Samsung has provided horrible customer service for both. Neither of which are working and they were purchased 9/13/2016. I have spent 20 plus hrs on phone with Samsung. Promised return calls that never received and repair services. Again neither units are working.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2017

I bought a Samsung thinking it would be an investment for my family. Something that would last and do a great job. And now I have a product that is unsafe and destroying people's laundry rooms. Samsung should give us back all the money we spent on this recalled machine. It's not our fault they keep building faulty products. I will never purchase another Samsung product again. I have spent way too many hours of my life dealing with this. Phone call after phone call to a company that really doesn't care. We need a voice... we just want them to make it right. My washer was brand new... I have only had it a little over a year. It's wrong.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2017

Samsung has too many recalls. I would not have selected one had I known almost 3 million recalled. Mine had worked but appeared later in recall. I am getting another replacement and find that model is on recall but the serial number determines if recalled. Appearance is very nice and they have deep tubs if a person is under 5' 4, my guess. Shall see how my new one does over time. Read some repairs have not fixed problems and if you cannot use a feature like bedding why pay for all this. Don't like delicate is 36 mins and no way to reduce washing time on the model. Cycles take too long like 120 mins to wash one load. Might like the agitator I had on my old Kenmore washer. Energy efficiency is not time efficiency.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2017

I purchased my Samsung electric mid-priced range dryer 5 weeks ago and love it. It is quiet and efficient with a full range of options. Clothes come out dry, not cooked, unwrinkled & even heavy items are the same.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2017

Our very expensive Samsung washer has been a lemon since day one. It becomes unbalanced constantly. Started rusting at 6 months and now has a recall which Samsung is not doing much about. We now have to wash most things on delicate, no or low spin. Samsung needs to step up! I need a new washer but can't afford one nor should I have to. Samsung should provide full rebates.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2017

I cannot begin to describe how disappointed and dissatisfied my husband and I are with Samsung. We first received news of the recall from Samsung of our Top Loading Washer yesterday, Feb. 2nd. Somehow, we were unaware of this recall in the news until learning of it by mail. We are senior citizens, own our home and take pride that we keep it updated and in beautiful condition. We thought we purchased wisely (in 2013) when (after many days of studying reviews, etc) we bought the combination Samsung washer/dryer including an extended warranty.

Our household includes a small dog and cat which means frequent washing of all throws, blankets, comforters, etc. If I use the so-called "repair option" which is NOT a repair, I must use a "delicate cycle" for my bedding. This is not acceptable - to me my wash machine has now been rendered unusable! If I use the replacement option, I am allowed at this time only $45 towards the purchase of a new washer. ($145 if a Samsung). This too is not acceptable. A call to Samsung meant more frustration as I was told this was the only offer I would receive for a machine "of this age". We will never purchase another Samsung product again!

Original review: Feb. 3, 2017

My Samsung dryer worked fine for a couple of months but then my dryer motor got extremely loud when running. Called company I bought from and they haven't came out to fix it to this day even after calls trying to get someone to come out.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2017

I wanted my new machine to clean bedding so that I didn't have to go to a dry cleaner anymore. What a disappointment the Samsung washers are, the blankets don't feel clean nor do my clothes. Will never buy anything Samsung ever again.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2017

My washer is in recall and it was only a couple months old, they REFUSE to give me a full refund. Ohio law "Implied warranty merchantability" states I am entitled to a full refund and they REFUSE! I can't use all the features paid for due to recall and they expect me to just say OK. I am NOT OK with being taken advantage of by a large Corp. Company. My washer could explode at any time which means it's not safe at all.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2017

My machines have worked ok while I have owned them. The dryer needed a heating element after a year. Now my washer is recalled. At first I thought, "Oh, no big deal. Recalls mean it will be fixed properly to address the problem or they will give us a fair amount to replace it." Well, this is not the case. They will reinforce the top so that when the machine blows apart inside, the top hopefully won't fly off. Or they will give me a whoppin $195 REBATE, 4- 6 weeks AFTER I buy a new machine. Now, we don't normally spend $2,000 on things but we did for our washer and dryer set because we wanted it to last us 10 years. But here we are, almost 4 years in and we are stuck paying for a new one (NOT SAMSUNG THIS TIME!).

Samsung Washers Company Information