Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.72/5

Samsung is a leading appliance and electronics brand headquartered in Seoul. Samsung makes multiple home products, including smart vacuums, kitchen appliances and laundry appliances, including washers. The company’s washers are widely available online and in retail stores nationwide.

Samsung Washers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Washers?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Washers?

Original review: July 31, 2018

Buyer Beware!!! We purchased three major Samsung appliances in July of 2017, a washer, dryer and refrigerator. A week before the warranty was to go out on the washer it stopped in the middle of the wash cycle. After numerous attempts to get this resolved and many hours on the phone being put on hold just to get disconnected needless to say we are still waiting 4, yes 4 weeks later to get a repair or a replacement. They always say someone will call you back which will never happen so please don't take them at their word because the call will never happen.

We have requested a Corporate number but they say they have none and also a customer compliance number and oddly enough they do not have a number for that either... hmm. Most of the numbers they give you online are disconnected or no longer in service and does not leave a forwarding number to call. Out of 458 reviews Samsung scored a one and half star! Look for yourself and please do your homework before you buy anything from Samsung even as much as a phone.

I would never ever buy from this company again because of their poor poor customer service and the run around that you as a consumer receive but surely do not deserve. Also not all of their customer service is located in the US, you may get someone in the Philippines that is in a entirely different time zone and their English is a little hard to understand. So again Buyer Beware and oh by the way this is July 31, 2018 and still waiting to get this resolved from the first of the month!

Original review: July 30, 2018

Purchased this machine (Samsung Washing Machine: WA5451AN/XAA) in July 2011 & just this week our bleach dispenser finally caved in. We barely use the bleach dispenser as it is, maybe 2xs a month if that. This machine was already on the recall list & all Samsung did was send us a sticker. REALLY??? So now a recall and a eaten thru bleach dispenser.

Original review: July 24, 2018

Very poor quality washing machine. We had originally purchased top loading washer, which was recalled due to the top unhinging. Reluctantly, we took the incentive money offered by Samsung to purchase another Samsung washer (front loader) and couldn't be more disappointed. It is loud and we have already had to have service on it because the piece that holds the drum has corroded. Also, the lettering around the dial has disintegrated and we can no longer see the cycles we are using, making it difficult to use effectively. All calls made to Samsung and our 7 year extended warranty through Home Depot have been frustrating at best. Do NOT purchase Samsung washers/dryers if you are looking for a quality made product. Samsung is not a company that cares about the customer and their satisfaction.

Original review: July 24, 2018

My Samsung front loader washing machine apparently has issues with the spider arm. When it spins it sound like a freight train is coming through our house. After reading reviews I guess I am lucky to be in my 7th year with minimal use. My sister had the same machine and it broke 2 years ago and my daughter's just recently went out. All of these Samsung washer were newer than ours so I was holding my breath. My boyfriend installed new shocks which did not help and now we are out $100. The gentleman at the parts place said he would never buy another Samsung product and neither will we. Shame on you Samsung for ripping off the consumer. STAY AWAY FROM SAMSUNG APPLIANCES.

Original review: July 23, 2018

My front loading Samsung washing machine is 6 1/2 years old and according to other folks responding online to the same problem we are having... the spider arm assembly which holds the drum in place has slowly corroded since it is made of a material that is not consistent with the stainless steel interior of the washing machine and breaks down eventually. It sounded like a freight train coming through or off-balance but that is not correct, the actual drum is out of alignment and off the arm assembly. It actually causes little pieces to break off to form small pieces of hard, rock-like pebbles into the drain.

Apparently Samsung is aware of this spider arm failure but refuses to change the material of this part, replace the part at no charge or have a recall of this machine due to this failure. The only reason I chose one star above is that there is no option for zero stars. The machine looks good but will eventually ends up costing you a ton of money. Appliance repairmen don’t even want to bother replacing the arm, they just tell you to buy a new machine, preferably American made. Samsung should be ashamed of themselves. I will never buy another Samsung item.

Original review: July 21, 2018

I will never buy a Samsung washing machine or one that has that electronic panel. This one (AquaJet VRT) was not even a year old in the house we bought. I can't even do a quick cycle because it gets stuck on it, can't determine the weight inside. I have spent three hours just to restart the cycle and end up putting it on a normal cycle. It has the same issue with Rinse and Spin or just Spin. The water trickles out. For a large capacity washer, it does not seem to handle a large load. Not a reliable washer. And it had a dangerous recall as well.

Original review: July 19, 2018

Problems from day 1. High efficiency doesn't deliver enough water to cover clothes but learned how to fool it into putting more in. When going into spin off balance - it THEN ADDS MORE WATER again- had it do it several times before I caught it!!! NOW, a couple of years down the road, it can't spin more than a few items at a time or it considers the load off balance. I don't want to pay $$ to continue with this awful machine! In previous home, my Maytag lasted over 30 yrs.

Original review: July 17, 2018

I purchased a Samsung washer six months ago. The washer is very loud. I called Samsung of the problem on 7/12/2018. I have to pay an unknown fee for someone to come and check a washer that is still under the manufacturer warranty. I paid eight hundred dollars for the machine and you would think that they would honor their product. The machine sucks.

Original review: July 13, 2018

I purchase a Samsung Washer WF405atpasu/AA 5 years ago. It was not too bad, til yesterday when it stopped working. I called Goemans in London and they advised me to call customer service from Samsung (18007267864). Customer service from Samsung gave me the appliance service company contact number to make an appointment with the technician. N.Z Systems tech came today and to my surprise what he found was that the washer was missing the screws that keep the interface panel attached to the console. They were never installed!

The tech took pictures and his report clearly says that the screws were not installed from factory. The tech commented that the problem could appear earlier in the use, so I can considered myself lucky. I was left with a bill of 112.94 that neither Goemans, nor Samsung want to pay. Samsung said they did a thorough check and they did not have such problem before. So here I am, the first one! I will keep reviewing this product so that other customers become aware of the risk they take by buying products from this company! You are on your own, they won't stand behind their product, even when it is clearly their mistake!

Original review: July 6, 2018

We purchased this top loading machine with no agitator (model WA40J3000AX/A2). Soon after we had it installed it had a recall. We had it fixed but continued to have problems with going off balance. Before it was two years old it wouldn't spin. We called to get a refund from Samsung. They agreed to give us a refund with the receipt. In the meantime we bought a new machine and the Samsung was taken away. Because we didn't have the machine, we were unable to get a refund.

Original review: July 4, 2018

Bought a Samsung washer and after 9 months it stopped at the spin cycle and filled to extra large load no matter which load size I selected. After 3 days on the phone with Samsung rep and submitting the receipt for purchase from BrandsMart I was told that it was the wrong receipt. I had the delivery receipt and they wanted the cashier's receipt. I ordered the washer online and paid with credit card and did not have a cashier's receipt but I submitted the credit card proof of purchase from that date from BrandsMart. That was not good enough for them. Was told to call BrandsMart and have BrandsMart call Samsung.

On the 4th day Samsung called me to say that everything was straightened out BUT I had to submit a cashier's receipt. I was starting all over from the beginning. The end result was that I called BrandsMart and they are sending a repair person to fix under warranty. After reading all these bad reviews I don't have much confidence in getting my washer repaired. Samsung is just trying to do anything it can to Not provide service. I will update this review if my washer is ever fixed. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM SAMSUNG!

Original review: July 4, 2018

We bought a new set of Samsung washer and dryer and they are not worth the money. My old plain washer and dryer were better than these. The washer does not clean the clothes very well and my clothes are still damp at the end of the dryer cycle.

Original review: June 30, 2018

We followed all the recall instructions for our Samsung top loading washing machine. We did the label, we got the recall repair. About one month after the recall repair, our washing machine exploded and damaged our home. We are now on day 5 waiting for any kind of resolution to this horrible issue from Samsung. We have been given the runaround via both phone and e-mail. I am disgusted with Samsung for not even responding promptly in this serious of a case. I also want people to know these washers are still exploding even AFTER repair. Get the rebate instead because you will be sorry. Never buy a Samsung product because their customer service is appalling if you have issues.

Original review: June 28, 2018

Recently purchased washer with the matching dryer 7750. Returned them. Worse washer and dryer I ever owned. Way overpriced for the quality. The washer tangles clothes to the point of twisting dress shirt sleeves into wrinkle hell. Very hard on the clothes in all cycles. Noisy. Sounds like the water is hitting the floor when it fills. Pumping is also loud. Unbalances easily even with proper install. The location of the soap dispenser is just downright irritating. The dryer needed constant babysitting to make sure clothes would dry. Clothes come out of the washer much wetter than with a front loader. Eco setting on the dryer makes for multi hour drying times. Dryer wadded up clothes and sheets into a ball and cycles need to be stopped and items released. If you’re shorter than 5’7” you may not be able to reach the bottom of the tub to pull clothes out.

Original review: June 27, 2018

May 28, 2018 I contacted Samsung because my washer is rusted on the top under the lid. My machine still in warranty. They gave me a ticket # and a repair service to call. The service set up an appt for 2 days later. Two days later the repairman called and told me he (his name was Walter) did not have time for me. I called Samsung back and they said he was mistaken. Jennifer said the part had not come in yet and would be there in two days. Two days later the a different man came, but guess what? No part, they had not been there yet, no joke Sherlock! He ordered the parts and would return in two days. Two days later the part has not arrived. It would be two more days. He came. Said he had the wrong part and it would take a couple of days.

A week and a half later I called repair for Samsung. Kept me on hold twice 2 hrs. Finally I was told it was not under warranty because I had a roach infestation in machine and they would not repair. What a joke. I ask for a supervisor. Got Michael in the Dominican Republic and had problems understanding him and he just said it is not under warranty now. I ask for the name of the person in charge of Samsung. He would not reply. I found a Samsung chat center and I ask to speak to an American in the United States. She said she was in India. She gave me the same 800 number that got me to the Dominican Republic. I will never buy Samsung again. They are not cheap to buy, but they are poorly made.

Original review: June 25, 2018

Like most other people, both my Samsung washer and dryer are breaking down after like a year and a half of use. The washer leaves gross black mold and mildew on the clothes after “cleaning” them, and also cannot sense temperature, so we get lukewarm water at best on the hot setting. The dryer will start with a high pitched squeal, and after about 30 seconds of running will stop squealing and shake violently. These products are NOT BUILT TO LAST and will BREAK DOWN VERY QUICKLY. DO NOT BUY or you will WASTE MONEY buying these since you’ll need a new one in two years. The warranty is only like a year except for on like one part, so I’m down $1700 when my $500 Whirlpool set lasted 12 years.

Original review: June 22, 2018

I bought this Washer (WA50F9A7DSWA2) in Nov 2013 and while the inside stainless steel drum is fine, the top (see image attached) is totally rusted. I contacted the Customer Service and was told the Warranty has expired. I asked to talk to a supervisor but no one ever called back. A letter to CEO was never answered. How can they sell such shoddy product and hide behind Warranty? BTW the Washer front says in big bold letter a ten year Warranty but small letters say Direct Drive whatever that means. Highly deceptive.

Original review: June 7, 2018

These appliances (washer and dryer) last less than 5 months. Model: DV45K6500EV and WF45K6500AV. Samsung has the worst grade customer service department you can imagine - very incompetent staff and management. Don't purchase these appliances - there are several other much better quality alternatives. The dryer stopped working under manufacturer's warranty and they wouldn't repair, deem it unrepairable or replace them. I have been getting the runaround for a month and half without ANY resolution no matter how much I escalate the issue and I'm out $1200.

Original review: June 7, 2018

Washing machine did not last 18 months. Would cost 489.00 to fix. Cost of new machine with 3 year warranty, 528.00. Samsung offers to pay for part but only if you use their repairmen, price goes up and takes weeks to get them. An honest repair man actually told me the machine is junk and was going to keep breaking down, he could tell by the wear on it. He made no money when telling me to buy a new one, he came on a free estimate. Please don't buy Samsung.

Original review: June 3, 2018

I bought a Samsung front load washer a year and 2 months ago and it broke! Just after 1 year warranty is over! I don’t have money to fix it. I paid about $700 for it and when I can afford to fix it it may cost??? $180-$200+. There is no water or soap going into the machine - it runs but liquid won’t go in! What a crumby machine. What is Samsung making such poor machines for? I’ll never buy another Samsung appliance. I bought the washer and dryer stacking set. I’ll never buy another.

After reading reviews and seeing my machine malfunction after a little over 1 year - what’s the point buying a machine from Samsung! I’m sooo upset as I can’t afford a “faulty machine” which is extremely poorly made but costs more than the old machines used to. I have had washing machines all my life, I’m 60 yrs Kenmore and Whirlpool and never a malfunction!!! They lasted many years and wore out after 15 years. Samsung ought to replace it for free and build a whole new line of machines or go out is business! The company is ripping us off!!! We should boycott their appliances!!! So they can’t take advantage of us anymore!

Original review: June 1, 2018

Do NOT buy this machine (Samsung VRT top load washing machine)! It does not clean your clothes. The water does not even cover the clothes in the wash cycle & you cannot reset the water level at all. I have tried pre-soaking and extra rinse cycles but nothing works and I am left with weird oil like stains on the clothes, or white powder everywhere because the machine does not seem to dissolve the detergent. And yes, I've tried both liquid and powder HRT detergents. I honestly HATE this machine and will be selling it and buy another. I hope this review is helpful to potential buyers of this product. It's really awful and a waste of your money.

Original review: June 1, 2018

Purchased Samsung washer model WF42H5200AF in 2016 for ~$700. After light usage for little over a year, it stopped working properly. It would get stuck on rinse or spin cycle and can run for hours until you shut it down. Obviously because Samsung warranty is only 1 year, they offered us a third party technician. Staying away from Samsung products from now on.

Original review: May 31, 2018

We bought NEW Samsung Washer & Dryer Dec. 3, 2015. Dryer wasn't even a year old and had problems. Started making this loud noise like nuts and bolts were loose. Since still under warranty called place purchased (Conn's). Repair person was contacted to come and fix. Took him 15 days to come which means we were without a dryer. After a few weeks same thing happened, (repaired again) and again. Now 2018. This is the worst product I have ever purchased. Washer and dryer previously owned lasted 14 years no problems (Whirlpool). Should have purchased Whirlpool again. Now no warranty and no dryer. 2 yrs later. Senior citizen cannot afford another dryer. Worst product ever. Would not recommend to buy anything Samsung ever...

Original review: May 31, 2018

We were affected by the recall so right away we received a sticker which did not match our $800 washing machine. Next we started smelling mildew when we ran the cleaning sanitizing cycle. Then we began seeing brown specks were all over our clothes. The next issue was our dryer started making a loud grinding squeaking noise. We then began experiencing a loud helicopter sound from our washer to find out we had a bolt broken in 3 pieces. This is the WORST purchase I have ever made in 52 years of life. We are now without a washer for a week until they can repair it. Shame on SAMSUNG for selling us these pieces of crap appliances. I will NEVER PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM SAMSUNG AGAIN.

Original review: May 31, 2018

Samsung machines are great at form and function. The price is reasonable for what you get. They work flawlessly but they do not always know when items are dry like they claim.

Original review: May 25, 2018

This washer has been nothing but trouble from the first year. We bought the set washer and dryer. The washing machine always smelled like mildew. I was two loads a week and only have my husband and myself here. The was one day started making a horrible banging noise it got louder and louder so we turned off the machine. My husband removed it, took it to the garage and when he took it apart discovered the whole area from the tub to the motor completely crumbled apart. It was all in jagged pieces. Thank God we turned it off before some of these metal pieces flew through the wall of the washer.

It will cost over $400.00 to replace these pieces if they even can be repaired. I am a senior citizen and can't afford to replace my washer and dryer every 5 years. I bought this in 2012. It is lightly used as we are retired and don't use as much wash as we used to. It looks like the parts they used are recycled materials and not strong metal. This would make the product not hold up to much use. Samsung should be made responsible for this, it could cause an injury or death if those parts could have come through the wall of the washer. I have not taken pictures yet but could do so if necessary.

Original review: May 21, 2018

Terrible Warranty from Samsung. Extremely difficult and time consuming process. I ended up buying a new washer and not getting any reimbursement.

I purchased a Samsung Washer for $550 from Home Depot. The machine broke after 1 month. The manufacturer warranty is for one year. Samsung sent multiple repairmen over multiple visits. The back and forth repair process took about 3 months. We were without a working washer for 3 months! Finally, Samsung agreed to reimburse the cost of the machine. When the new machine was delivered the broken machine was removed.

After the machine was removed and over 2 weeks from when Samsung agreed to the refund, I was informed that for the refund I need the serial sticker on the machine. I had all the serial numbers etc but not the actual sticker. I was patient throughout this entire process. The amount of time without a washer and the after the fact requesting of the serial sticker were not reasonable request. I was never reimbursed.

Original review: May 20, 2018

Bought a washer and dryer from Samsung. I can firmly say that it’s all bells and whistle but a piece of **. Washer was recalled and was thrown out and took them six months to refund the money and then the dryer stops working after the warranty. Customer service said that it’s our responsibility to contact recommended service stations and book and appointment and all that. In home service starts from few hundred dollars then Parts and labor on top. Not even going to bother with it. New Maytag dryer on the way. Cheap product. Would never buy anything from them.

Original review: May 18, 2018

I bought the Samsung top loading washer in 2012, got the extended warranty, and thought I was set. I started having problems before the warranty ran out, clothes stunk and it wasn't spinning out right, and then the flood! All of the water had drained out of the bottom of the washer all over my floor, recall, bracket broke holding the pump, so fixed that, and extended the warranty for 1 year, sent new stickers to put on the front due to the explosion potential which I thought was pretty lame. anyhow fast forward, 1 year and 2 mos later, won't spin out, knocks like crazy, d3 error and keeps starting over. Washer is out of warranty by 2 months! So I called my repairman for advice on what to buy because they work on them. He said buy only Whirlpool or Maytag basic set, no bells or whistles, so I have a Whirlpool to be delivered on Sunday, and I'm paying $20 to have the Samsung hauled off.

Original review: May 17, 2018

My 5-year Samsung washer, Model # WF501ANWXAA has already required a service call. Making an extreme high-pitched noise on the spin cycle... like ready to take off. Repair man says the motor bearing is going out.

Samsung Washers Company Information