Samsung Dishwasher

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

View Plans

Samsung Dishwasher Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Computers and Monitors?

Original review: Jan. 24, 2023

Do not buy Samsung dishwasher - are poorly made and will leak from the top rack screw on the right outside the machine. The bottom will fill up with water causing problem and will probably to my occur after one year warranty runs out.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2023

Okay, we got the Champagne colored Samsung Washer (Model# WA52A5500AC) and Dryer (Model# DVE52A5500C) with Smartthings Wifi. IMO this is the dumbest thing on a washer and dryer and totally unneeded. First off it is a pain in the you-know-what to setup the Smartthing app that then loads your Samsung account but, the verify button for the code doesn't work. You have to go to a PC and put the code in to get the app to work. It is just a mess. You also have to go between your washer and dryer wifi and your normal wifi to set up. Anyway, you have to walk to the washer to put your clothes in right? So why not just punch the buttons while you are there. Same thing goes for the dryer. You have to take your stuff out of the washer and put in the dryer.

Unless you have a super advanced robot in your house that can do the tasks to wash clothes and dry them like put in clothes, detergent and dryer sheets it is pointless. The washer and dryer work fine but, cost over 2K at Home Depot. Of course you have to buy a kit to go with them. If your going to put an app controlled appliance out make it plug and play instead of the confusing mess it is. For this review the "company" had to be listed but, you can't pick washer and dryer and you can't just use Samsung when you start a review. So I had to pick a "Company" name which isn't the appliances I am reviewing.

Get buying tips about Dishwashers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2022

I purchased the Samsung dishwasher, #DW80R7060US. It's pretty and high-tech with all the impressive features however, there's a problem that I have never experienced with a dishwasher. When you load the dishwasher but it's not full so you don't start it right away, and the next day, you open it back up to load more dirty dishes, it smells horrible. There's a moldy rotten smell, and I rinse all dishes with hot water and a brush with soap prior to loading them into the dishwasher. In all my years with many different dishwashers in probably 15 houses, I've never came across this issue.

Why is the dishwasher and/or the dishes molding and stinking while sitting in there rinsed? It is a very strong moldy smell and I cannot figure out why it's only happened with the most expensive high tech dishwasher I've ever had. I'm not doing anything different then I've done with every other dishwasher I've loaded. It's very disappointed. It has to be leakproof I get that, but do dishwashers need to have vents so it's not airtight when not running, I wonder... I wouldn't recommend this dishwasher.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2022

I purchased a Samsung washer and dryer at the Home Depot. 15 months later the washing machine started shaking violently. I called the Home Depot and they referred me to Samsung. Samsung sent a technician to inspect the machine; he deemed it not repairable, since a component broke off and punctured a hole inside. I called Samsung and presented my experience as a reliability problem. Every person I spoke to; 3 CSR's, 2 supervisors and the office of their president keeps referring me to the expired warranty, I finally had to express that I understand the warranty portion.

I found on the Consumer Affairs site that the estimated time to failure for the machines is 15 years if maintained properly. I am troubled that I have to replace the machine now after 15 months, to me this is a design or workmanship issue that Samsung should be morally obligated to fix; they however feel that I do not know how to use a washing machine and told me that they are sorry that the machine broke. I feel bad for other customers that buy Samsung appliances thinking that they will not have to buy another one for 15 years... if you like Samsung phones, do not think that Samsung appliances have the same level of quality!

Original review: Nov. 1, 2022

My dishwasher tub liner has a lifetime warranty which states that if it cannot be repaired it will be replaced. Goodman Home Solutions came on 9/7/22 and stated it cannot be repaired. Now Samsung is saying that because they can't get that report from Goodman, that they will not cover a replacement dishwasher. How does this even make sense??? Samsung is obligated to honor the lifetime warranty and replace my dishwasher. It's not my fault no one is able to get the report from Goodman home solutions.

Natalie the president of Samsung and the rest of their customer service team has the worst customer service attitude and lack of communication skills. They are robots who are taught to just repeat the same non-sensical lines to you over and over again without any higher level of thought. Instead of honoring the warranty by replacing the dishwasher, she thinks that just texting me a $450 coupon for ANOTHER samsung dishwasher is enough. $450 barely covers the value of a new dishwasher! I am certainly NEVER buying another Samsung product for as long as I live. Samsung sells poorly made products and has even worse customer service. It is actually against the law not to honor your warranty. A 1 star is actually too high of a rating.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2022

Our 6-month-old dishwasher began no-starting and giving us an error code that was later traced to a leaking drain hose. Rather than replace or repair the hose, they swapped out the entire unit. I found it weird, but who was I to complain? The replacement (which looked suspiciously like a refurb with its unfamiliar gaskets) underperformed from day one, and after about 4 months, the motor died completely....

* * Are you ready for this? * * Samsung informed us that the manufacturer's warranty only provides one unit replacement (which had been used up on a **drain hose issue**) and now would only replace the part... which we have now been awaiting for over 2 months. Because apparently, a motor is an extremely rare and exotic part for a dishwasher. But at least it makes a stylish dish drying rack for when I hand wash everything. So to recap, A) Samsung hauled away our otherwise perfectly running machine to resolve a leaky drain hose, B) WITHOUT letting us know that refusing replacement was an option, and that not refusing meant no more replacement, C) Replaced it with a unit that soon died on us entirely, D) Told us that there were no more replacements allowed, E) Have had us waiting on a resolution for 3 months and counting.

So if you want to donate $800 to charity while discovering things about yourself like your tolerance level for being dorked around, then buy Samsung.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2022

i bought the washing machine on August 15, from Lowe's, it is now broken leaking like crazy from the bottom of the machine and they can not fix it for 3 weeks, or replace it, would never buy Samsung again

Original review: Oct. 4, 2022

I purchased a Samsung dishwasher through the Samsung online store on 6/3/2021. The dishwasher was installed in October 2021. In May 2022, it stopped working and displayed an error code (PC). I contacted a Samsung "Pro" on May 31, 2022. He created a ticket number 5/31/2022. He confirmed that this dishwasher and the repairs will be covered under warranty. He said, "We have well-trained, highly professional, and certified technicians who will take complete care of your unit regarding this issue." Since this original conversation there have been many ticket numbers created. Ticket numbers were closed out by Samsung before the issue was resolved.

The technicians were professional. They worked with Samsung Tech support while working on the dishwasher. Each time they came to work on it, they left without the dishwasher being repaired. They had come to fix the machine 5 times before deeming it unrepairable. They gave me a number for exchange. I called Samsung on 9/30/2022 and sat on hold for 20 minutes before having to hang up. I called again on 10/4/2022. I spoke with Densel with the "Exchange and Refund Team". His ID# is **. He gave me a new ticket number once again for an exchange of the unit. He then informed me that the unit is no longer under warranty, so he cannot order a replacement.

So, I have went over 5 months without a dishwasher due to a faulty unit being manufactured and delivered to me. I have taken off work 5 days to be available for the service technicians' visits. Now I'm told the dishwasher is not under warranty and I'll need to purchase another one. Another, even greater concern I have, is that we bought a matching stove, refrigerator, and microwave from Samsung. I will not be purchasing another Samsung appliance EVER after this experience. If this is not covered under warranty like it should be, I would like refunds for all these appliances. I will be forced to remove them all to find a matching set from another manufacturer.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2022

The most terrible customer service. I had bought three appliances Samsung in the past year. The gas stove they couldn't get parts for. I gave $1,500 for it. Couldn't fix it. They had a trash it. Washer went out. Only had it three and a half years and also dishwasher only lasted 2 years. Do the research. Their products are barely runnable, not a long-lasting product. Looks good but not a long product that you can count on life wise. Do yourself a favor and get something that's American made that you can get parts.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2022

We have had our dishwasher just over 1 year. 4 service appointments later, it is still broke. They want to try to repair again with the same parts they already tried. Samsung customer service is not helpful and only one company services Samsung dishwasher. Samsung Dishwashers are a Nightmare!

Samsung Computers and Monitors author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

For more than 70 years, Samsung has been an industry leader across all technology markets. Its investments in medicine, consumer electronics, finance, plant construction and more make it an all-in-one brand.

• Building better built-in options: Samsung only offers built-in dishwashers, producing six different models with two different washing styles.

• Rotary washing arms: Like most dishwashers, these models use a rotary arm to direct spray throughout the tub.

• WaterWall technology: This innovative take on cleaning uses a powerful wall of water to attack dried-on food residue.

• Adjustable racking system: Fit more pots and pans side-by-side with table settings using the adjustable racking system.

• Zone booster options: Direct the water pressure to where it is most needed with the zone booster.

Samsung Dishwasher Company Information