1.66/5
Based on 85 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

674 Samsung Dishwasher Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 18, 2018

Horrible!!! DO NOT buy a Samsung dishwashers!!! We bought a Samsung dishwasher in October of 2016 (model # DW80F600UTS). Almost immediately we noticed a putrid smell coming from inside the dishwasher. We tried every kind of cleaner from vinegar, store brand cleaners, lemon flavored Kool-Aid... you name it, we tried it. Called Samsung (can hardly understand a word they're saying) and they told me to keep the door open when not using it!? Seriously!?? Who does that??? Next we started noticing rusty spots on our silverware. Then within 6-8 months of getting it, it stopped working completely!

After going through a big hassle with customer service and having to prove to them we only had it for a couple of months, they sent someone to repair it, only to have it break down again a few months later!! But this time it was no longer covered under their 1 year warranty, so it cost us $147 to have a serviceman come out to tell us we needed a new part!

So then Samsung calls (again can barely understand them) and says they will replace our dishwasher. "GREAT" we think "They are FINALLY doing the right thing!" After all we have been without a working dishwasher now for over a month. BUT... the case will need to be reviewed first!? OK??? Well 3 weeks later, we get an e-mail saying it has been approved. So I call them to see what steps I need to take to get our new dishwasher. After being put on hold for at least 30 min. I am told they are unable to replace it because they no longer have our model in stock! WHAT!?! I was just told less than an hour ago it was approved!! What the heck!!!

So I asked to speak to a supervisor who is absolutely NO help. She just says all they will do is refund us the cost of our piece of crap dishwasher. So almost 2 months later we still do not have a working dishwasher and are out $147 for a repairman to tell us we have a piece of crap dishwasher! Samsung does NOT stand behind their products, and they certainly do NOT care about their customers!!!

Original review: June 14, 2018

Within 4 months this Model DW80F600UTS Samsung Dishwasher began to give misleading ERROR messages (High temp Heating error and Over-level Water error). Service calls were made twice while still under warranty only to have the errors re-surface. The only way we could get the dishwasher to work was to alternate washing cycles. Finally after 3 years of fighting with this dishwasher the pump began to leak and we threw it out.

Get expert buying tips about Dishwashers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 13, 2018

We bought a Samsung dishwasher less than 2 years ago and it just stopped working. Samsung sent someone out to look at it and he told us it would be $600 to fix it and we would be better off buying a new one. He also charged us $99 to tell us that. When I called Samsung to try and get some money back, anything, they did nothing. You would think if you pay the prices they charge for their appliances they would work for more than 2 years. I had a GE for 23 years without ever having to have a service call. I won't be buying Samsung anymore.

Original review: June 6, 2018

We purchased a brand new Samsung dishwasher when we moved into our house in July of 2012. Within 5 months, there were 5 repairs done under warranty. Within a year, at least 5 more. Finally, one repairman told us the issue AND how to repair it. Samsung was no longer willing to cover any repairs as it was off warranty.

Jump ahead to 6 years later and I myself have repaired the machine over 40 times. One of the cords that connects the control panel to the rest of the machine is too short so it gets pulled every time a wash is done. After a few cycles, it disconnects. Just have to remove a few screws and reconnect. We paid $700.00 Canadian, brand new. Samsung was not willing to cover more repairs after a year, refused a return, etc. I have documentation regarding my letters to them, as well as too much time spent on hold waiting for help. I finally just gave up. Washes well, I cannot afford another one at this point. Fed up beyond belief and no one was willing to help us.

Original review: June 4, 2018

I purchased a Samsung fridge, microwave, stove, dishwasher, washer, and dryer in Oct. 2015. After 1.5 years I had to have my fridge fixed at my expense. Now today 2018 my dishwasher is not working. Can't get any satisfaction from Samsung. Have to cover the costs myself. So much for being a good customer.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Computers and Monitors?

Original review: May 12, 2018

We bought a whole new kitchen set, all Samsung. The dishwasher did not work from day 1. It arrives dead on arrival. We were renovating our kitchen so we were not able to install it until about a month and a half after receiving it from the store. It did not work. Lights just flashed on the display and that’s all it did. No one informed us when we bought the set that there was a 30 day replacement clause, Samsung insisted on fixing it and would not exchange it. 4 visits from a tech and a month and a half later the dishwasher is finally fixed.

They replaced all boards inside as well as the door switch and wiring harness. Still not working. We paid for a proper working dishwasher and are left with a refurbished unit if they ever get it working. Samsung was not helpful at all. Not willing to stand behind their products even when it arrived with a factory flaw. I would never buy a Samsung product ever again because of this terrible customer service and lack of standing behind their product. I would recommend that no one support this terrible company. You will get burned if you buy from them and have any issues.

Original review: May 10, 2018

We purchased the WaterWall dishwasher, three rack on March 22/2016. But we did not have it delivered until mid May because we didn’t move into our house until then. We actually paid 999.00 for it. Up until 6 weeks ago we had no problems with it. We are a retired couple with no children in our home. I would load and use the dishwasher about every 2-3 days. Being only two of us, it wasn’t over worked at all. The Famous 7 E code came to our attention. Not knowing a whole lot about the dishwasher I contacted Samsung and basically got told, I had no warranty.

To make matters worse I live 3.5 hours from a appliance repair company. Knowing we could not afford a call out fee for someone to travel to and from our home never mind the cost of the repair, we decided after reading so many complaints about this model we would buy a different brand. It would be cheaper in the long run. My only concern is that if you're going to buy a major appliance. Do your homework and look it up on the reviews. I wish I had done mine and I definitely wouldn’t have bought this machine.

Original review: May 6, 2018

We purchased a new Samsung (dishwasher) appliance set 2 years ago. Constant bad odors & not cleaning well. During that time I had service come out several times. They always said everything was fine. Suggested cleaning products etc. All of which I tried. Nothing worked. The smell of this unit was horrible. Finally got rid of it and bought a Kitchen Aide. Love it! No odors and cleans well. I will never buy another Samsung product.

Original review: May 5, 2018

I bought a Samsung dishwasher less than 2 years ago and what a piece of garbage. My previous dishwasher lasted 30 years and it was a Kenmore. I called a local repair company and they said they do not service Samsung as parts are very expensive and hard to get. I phoned Leon's in Collingwood where I got this junk and they gave me a phone number in Owen Sound. The technician came and told us something leaked onto the motor and would cost $600.00 to fix. So we paid $200.00 for service call and this piece of junk will go to the scrap yard. And unfortunately I bought a Samsung refrigerator and hopefully it will last more than 2 years. But I will be purchasing a different product very shortly and it will not be a Samsung brand.

Original review: May 4, 2018

We bought a three piece kitchen set a year ago. First of all, all three items have issues. This dishwasher is the worst. Error message after error message. Constantly. Now it doesn’t work at all. The water wall is off track. No repairman in our area will touch it. They say parts are ridiculously hard to find and expensive. Our oven is sitting in the dining room, broken as well, unable to use. If I could leave zero stars I would.

Original review: May 2, 2018

Bought all Samsung Appliances brand new. Dishwasher is continually throwing tantrums... Error code after error code. Very frustrating after you are spending nearly 2k on the machine! Fridge ice dispenser is not working due to ice blockage and apparently this is the KNOWN issue. All in all terrible brand! DO NOT BUY! Spend a bit more and get a reliable appliances. Wait why more, my fridge was 3.5k. :)

Original review: April 29, 2018

The dishwasher failed the first time last year in April, 17. We were on vacation... Kids shut off machine and shut off breaker in electric panel as noise would not stop. I came home and tried machine and it worked fine. Used machine normally for a few washes and the LE error occurred. This has happened every week since. Local repair companies do not want to come and fix it... Same comment... "It's a Samsung... No thanks!" (Universal and Totem Appliance Repair). Went online and found weird solutions due to moisture issue around motor which causes the LE error and unit to fail. Need to leave machine off with Electric Breaker off as well. Needs to be off for several days and up to a week!!! Sometimes as is this week. Very frustrating as "The Brick" (now Leon's owned) sold us this unit after our original purchase of a Brick House model failed after three months of use. No refund but had store credit to purchase another unit.

We bought the Samsung as it seemed to have the best features... Top rack... water wall... ultra quiet etc. Pretty useless features when you can't use the machine for days and weeks at a time!!! After having A Maytag for 14 years with no issues till a recall issue had a service tech ruin the machine. We then purchased the new model Samsung DW80H993 SERIES. The "5 Year Warranty sold us... So much for that. Never again. With no support from Samsung locally and authorized dealers that will not come out fix the problem as it is a design flaw I will buy other models.

Original review: April 19, 2018

I purchased 3 #Samsung appliances from a "BIG Box Store" #LOWES. DO NOT DO THAT, they do NOT service their appliances. ALL 3 pieces (which one has been in use LESS than 8 weeks) have a malfunction, from NOT working AT all, to the electronics board on the stove/oven working on & off. The manufacturer expects me to wait up to 2 weeks for repair service. OR I can PAY for the repair myself they said. These appliances have not been in use for 4 months yet & they do NOT WORK properly. LOWE'S only honors returns for 90 days, I am 20 some days too late, & #LOWES will not service them either, BUT I STILL HAVE to PAY LOWE'S for broken appliances. Their CS sucks! They could care less they sold me some lemons. The appliance repair company 15 minutes from me, will NOT service the appliances because they said #Samsung will NOT PAY THEM enough to cover their costs, UNACCEPTABLE! DO NOT BUY #Samsung appliances.

Original review: April 14, 2018

Samsung dishwasher Model DW80K705OUG: The absolute worse dishwasher of my life. Always has a terrible smell, loud noise and doesn't clean. Have called service 3 times for same issue; loud grinding noise, lights blinking and cannot turn off. Samsung will not fix or replace. Want our money back. Will NEVER purchase another Samsung appliance. Don't even want a replacement. Just money back to purchase another brand.

Original review: April 8, 2018

I paid a thousand dollars for my dishwasher in 2015. I have not gotten one year's use out of it without something breaking down on it. In the first year, after many issues, we ended up replacing the board on it. The rubber mat on the top rack and some of the plastic clips in it broke down during the second year. Now the water wall is giving us problems. Customer service runs us through a simple troubleshooting guide just like the one on YouTube then says not their problem anymore, call a repairman. We've replaced the motor, the sensor and it still doesn't work. Looks like it is the computer board again. I will never buy Samsung again. I thought they were one of the best. I guess I was misinformed.

Original review: April 7, 2018

I have had my dishwasher for approximately 18 months and it stopped working. I called Samsung and they told me the warranty had expired but they would extend me a courtesy warranty. It seems like everything was going well. When the technician from Lakes Electronics came in he went right to the problem. The electrician brought the work order in already completed stating what the problem was and handed it to my husband. He already had his service sheet filled out and told my husband the board was bad.

He then said because you have bugs it voids the warranty. What a scam. I DO NOT have bugs. After reviewing some complaints it seems another customer had the same problem with the same company that Samsung sent to her home. They told her the same thing. Makes you wonder if SAMSUNG is using this company to not pay the warranty. They know the boards are bad on these dishwashers but refuse to repair them. Have you had this experience?

Original review: March 20, 2018

We bought a Samsung dishwasher (Model # DW80K705045) in March 2017 from Lowe's, after 15 years with a Bosch. Looking back now we should have done our research. We would have seen all the bad reviews. Christmas Eve the dishwasher went into failure mode. “Leak in System”. Within a few days the dishwasher worked again but 3 days later the same thing happened. It took 12 days for a repairman to come and determine the problem. We were told it would be a huge job that required a full day, the dishwasher motor would have to be rebuilt on my kitchen floor, and no guarantees that the repair would work. This repair will require my husband to take a day off from work.

Fast forward to 3/20 and we still do not have the part. According to Lowe’s the part has been in for 2 weeks now and we have not been able to schedule a repair. We are unable to use a different repair company because this is the one Lowe’s contracts out to. The dishwasher can only be run with few dishes and on short cycle. We don’t know when it will go out again. Numerous calls to Lowe’s and Samsung have gone nowhere. Neither company will back up the product. Samsung will not replace the dishwasher until 2 attempts to fix it have been made. Lowe's won’t offer a refund because we have to go through Warranty service for the first year of owning the product. The Warranty is through Samsung. Totally disgusted and frustrated.

Original review: March 18, 2018

Bought all new Samsung appliances about a year and half ago. Since then had to repair refrigerator and dishwasher. Luckily I bought an extended warranty on the fridge but nothing else. Called Samsung and ask if they would send the part for the dishwasher. I would take care of labor they refused. Will never buy Samsung again. They make nothing but JUNK!!

Original review: March 5, 2018

I bought a Samsung dishwasher in January 2017 for my rental property. It had a one year manufacturer warranty and in March 2018 the dishwasher started throwing a fault code and would not run. I had a technician come out. He pulled up the problem and told me that it would cost $500 to put a new sump pump. Which is more than I paid for the washer when I bought it. Apparently this is a ongoing problem with the Samsung dishwashers. Now I have to buy an entirely new dishwasher. My recommendation to anybody out there looking for a dishwasher is not to buy a Samsung.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

We purchased a set of Samsung kitchen appliances. Unfortunately, we purchased these before we moved into our home and shortly after we began to use the appliances, the warranty on some of the appliances had expired. Fortunately, the microwave had a longer warranty and we were able to have that fixed without charge. The dishwasher on the other hand had been one issue after another. We have had to make 3 service calls at our expense and the problem is not yet fixed. We have already spent enough to have purchased another dishwasher - and all we have to show is a broken dishwasher that can not wash a load of dishes. Very disappointed with this dishwasher and after reading the reviews of water soaked floors, I am afraid to risk having it looked at for the 4th repair... Probably better off to just purchase a new dishwasher, but what a waste of money this has been.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

I've had cheap dishwashers that did a FAR BETTER job than this overpriced piece of junk! I bought a mid-priced dishwasher with the hidden controls on top. It was very quiet, but found out it was quiet because it wasn't cleaning! I had the technicians come out (under 1 yr warranty) and they replaced the main board, saying that it wasn't activating one of the cleaning mechanisms. After running some diagnostics and saying it was now working correctly, I did another load of dishes. Although they came out a little bit cleaner, and I mean VERY LITTLE, it was still sub-par.

I now have to pre-scrub every dish and piece of silverware before washing, and even then, have to wash some again after the load finishes because of dried soap or debris that wasn't washed off. HORRIBLE DISHWASHER! Although I'm pretty satisfied with the other appliances I bought as a group (Stove, Microwave, Fridge), I will NEVER buy nor recommend a Samsung Dishwasher ever again. They need to stick to semiconductors and leave the appliances to other more experienced and reliable manufactures.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

I have a 3 month old Samsung DW80M2020 dishwasher. The flashing light on "Normal" was the reason called for service as that is a signal something is wrong. I troubleshoot everything that was possible for me to check, service was dispatched from a company name of Nisi. I was told machine was out of balance and that they corrected the problem. Wrong. The problem still exists. Dispatched another young man on Friday and he noted on my ticket that he adjusted drain hose and that I should have no more problem. Wrong. The light was still blinking. I called again and they gave me a repair ticket number and the phone number for the same company that was out 2 times already and they told me they would not come out because it was not installed properly, How did it work great for 2 months if it had not been installed properly. Customer service is non existing at Samsung in my opinion.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

I purchased this Samsung dishwasher because it is extremely QUIET but it does not clean as well as I expected with a full load. Small loads come out clean though, using Cascade detergent only!

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

We only had it 13 months when for no reason it turned itself on at 2 in the morning and flooded our kitchen. Samsung rep said it was not possible. But it did. It cost us a lot of money to repair our flooring.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

Samsung Dishwasher doesn't do a thorough job in cleaning even when set on long cycle and short cycle takes too long. I pretty much have to clean the dishes before placing them in washer and I use name brand dishwasher detergent.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

I just purchased a house with all new Samsung appliances, including the dishwasher. I am impressed with the Samsung, it is huge, and it cleans wonderfully. It's quiet, and I love the soft push buttons on the top of the door that are hidden from little fingers. It has great little chime noises that let you know when the load is done.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

This dishwasher is an expensive piece of garbage. I bought it this higher end one thinking it would last a long time. Silly me. It's barely 4 yrs old and is of course out of warranty (a generous 1 yr!) and has an electronic issue causing it to empty and shut down. No one works on Samsung appliances. Sooo, you have to contact them. My understanding is parts are expensive and not easy to obtain. Who would expect a basically new dishwasher was well cared for to break? I've got a $20 Mr. Coffee maker that's older than this $650.00 dishwasher that still works. Never. Again.

Resolution response: Feb. 6, 2018

After 3 visits from Samsung repairman on our 5 month old dishwasher from LOWE'S we were frustrated after 6 weeks of handwashing our dishes. FINALLY the service we were dealing sent a technician that knew what he was doing. Seems like in inner drain line needed to be replaced because the DW would fill but not drain which we were told is a common problem with Samsung DW. The short plastic drain hose has a check valve inside and gets stuck not allowing water to drain. Easy fix.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

After 3 visits from a appliance repairman for warranty service on a 6 month old Samsung dishwasher we might have found the actual reason it will not drain or run. Seems there is an inner drain line that has a check valve that failed and will not allow water on or out which explains why it will not empty water from the dishwasher. Tech will replace next week and will post them to update and hope that fixes the problem.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

We purchased the DW80 series stainless dishwasher less than a week ago & only used it twice. 2nd use it would not drain & leaked water all over the floor. Customer service at Samsung is of no help & warned me we will be liable for service charges for their technician to repair. This is a joke... the appliance is less than a week old! I bought a full set of Samsung appliances & should have better researched to learn of the poor quality of their products prior to purchase. Buyers BEWARE - invest your money with another manufacturer that has reputable service & quality!

Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

Sometimes I notice that my dishes are not totally clean. It's almost as if the washer skips cleaning some of them. I have to wash some of them over again.

Samsung Computers and Monitors expert review by ConsumerAffairs

For more than 70 years, Samsung has been an industry leader across all technology markets. Its investments in medicine, consumer electronics, finance, plant construction and more make it an all-in-one brand.

• Building better built-in options: Samsung only offers built-in dishwashers, producing six different models with two different washing styles.

• Rotary washing arms: Like most dishwashers, these models use a rotary arm to direct spray throughout the tub.

• WaterWall technology: This innovative take on cleaning uses a powerful wall of water to attack dried-on food residue.

• Adjustable racking system: Fit more pots and pans side-by-side with table settings using the adjustable racking system.

• Zone booster options: Direct the water pressure to where it is most needed with the zone booster.

• Best for: Homeowners and families