Protect what matters most

Protect yourself from the unexpected - Shop home warranty companies.

Protect my home
Samsung Dishwasher
3.82/5

Samsung Dishwasher

Protect what matters most

Protect yourself from the unexpected - Shop home warranty companies.

Protect my home

732 Samsung Dishwasher Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 20, 2019

The dishwasher is one year old and from day one smelled like football locker room, even when it was empty. It was installed by Home Depot. I re-routed the drain hose higher to keep water from the disposal from back-flowing into the dishwasher, which I assume has no back flow prevention valve, given the amount of water left in the sump after running. No change. I've owned and installed many, many dishwashers and never had an odor problem, even when they were full of dirty dishes.

We bought a second home home with brand new Samsung appliances. A Stove, Microwave, Dishwasher, refrigerator, washer and dryer. We have issues with every one of them! Poor design and poor engineering is consistent throughout the entire line. I wouldn't even recommend them to my worst enemy! The seller paid $500 for a transferable extended warranty. It took him 3 months of constantly calling Samsung and hours of arguing to finally get the warranty transferred! So, if you have an issue with a Samsung appliance, well, good luck.

In addition to the constant horrible smell, the dish racks are very poorly laid out and waste a lot of space. Good luck trying to fit 12 place settings into this. It does a poor job of removing coffee stains from cups. The upper rack has only 2 height settings. On the higher one even small saucers hit the very useless top "cutlery rack". On the lower setting you run the risk of the washer arm hitting any moderately tall dishes or pans, which causes food to stick to the dishes.

I am speculating that the smell is caused by incomplete draining. There is filter that needs constant cleaning, but even keeping it clean doesn't prevent the smell. There is a sump under the filter where water pools, but that should be clean water? But many other dishwashers leave some water in the bottom and do not have this horrible smell. And, at this price point, the dishwasher should have a food grinder instead of a filter that needs constant cleaning! Again, poor design and engineering! The dishwasher is very quiet, and if you set it up within the confines of the poor design and engineering, it will usually get things fairly clean. But you can find many, many other dishwashers for much less money that will do a much better job every time, and smell fine even with a load of dirty dishes. Don't fall in love with the pretty face! Buy something that works!!!!

Original review: May 8, 2019

Purchased 5/31/18. Installed by Sears 6/8/18. Warranty out according to Samsung. Today is 6/819.. Same control panel out, will not turn off, had to turn power off at breaker. I will never buy another Samsung Dishwasher ever, our old cheap Whirlpool, lasted 15 years. 700.00 for this stainless steel, piece of junk. 1st repair was 1 month old. Buyer Beware.

Get expert buying tips about Dishwashers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 6, 2019

I installed new Samsung dishwasher August 2018. Lasted until April 2019. Never really got dishes clean. Very disappointed. Started leaking water and no one around under a hundred mile can do warranty work. Whatever do not buy Samsung anything. Customer service is not helpful even when they admit it's a warranty issue. Very overrated appliance.

Original review: April 30, 2019

My brand new Samsung dishwasher broke down after six months. It was out of warranty because I didn't install it right away. A repairman gave me a defective report. I learned through trial and error that the dishwasher soap dispenser was defective. I ordered another and it worked for about six months. I suspect there is a defect in the product. A class-action lawsuit could be brewing here. If you have similar problems (the dishwasher will stop working if the soap dispenser is closed, but will cycle through all phases when it is open), post a note here. I will monitor regularly. I don't think this review service will allow me to post an email address.

Original review: April 24, 2019

I purchased a home in October 2018 with a suite of 4-year-old Samsung appliances. The only good thing about the dishwasher is that it's quiet. With that being said dishes often come out after being washed with food particles still on them and do not dry well. My issues started a month ago when the dishwasher wouldn't complete a full cycle - it was stuck mid-cycle. I chatted with a Samsung rep who said to flip the switch off and back on on the circuit breaker. This reset the dishwasher and it did complete the cycle. Two weeks later, the dishwasher lights were flashing, it was making a suction noise, flashing a LE code and wouldn't power off. I had to shut off the circuit breaker.

I chatted again with a Samsung tech, who promised a tech would be out the following Monday. That was the 1st lie. The technician couldn't come until Wednesday and I had to pay $100 for a trip fee (the rep never mentioned this) because it's out of warranty. Tech comes out and says I need a new door because the door won't properly lock - which will be $230. I have a hard time believing the "door is suddenly the issue" considering the dishwasher is 4 years old.

After reading the other nightmare reviews on this site, I'm certainly not going to funnel $330 into the repair of a garbage appliance - which should work properly. Even after taking my issues to Twitter, Samsung has still yet to respond. Garbage appliances + terrible customer service = me spending money to buy a new Bosch dishwasher. Save your money and avoid Samsung appliances like the plaque! I've also had to reset the circuit breaker on the 4-year-old refrigerator a couple of times. Never had any issues with the 9-year-old suite of Kenmore appliances in my last home.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Computers and Monitors?

Original review: April 24, 2019

Dryer drum will crack within first three years. This is a weak known and documented issue, yet Samsung refuses to recognize it as their fault caused by poor materials. Several lawsuits against them on this issue. Google ‘cracked dryer drum’ to find out how many consumers their poor materials has impacted.

Original review: April 1, 2019

Never buy the product. I bought a dishwasher, refrigerator, stove and microwave April 2015. Dishwasher stopped working code 7E water wall 3-12-2019. Refrigerator ice maker stopped working. Would not make ice in Jan. 2016. C. **

Original review: March 27, 2019

This is the worst dishwasher I have ever owned. Dishwashers in the 1980's worked better. You can't use the dishwasher packs that dissolve because they do not dissolve fully (we always used the Finish packs in the past). I had to buy liquid detergent. The dishes do not come out clean much of the time. Some will and some won't. It is quiet but I would rather have a noisy dishwasher that actually works well than this quiet washer. I would never buy another Samsung appliance after this experience. Buyer beware. If I could give it zero stars I would.

Original review: March 21, 2019

I was shocked when my brand new dishwasher didn’t do a good job washing my dishes and I often had to run them through another cycle or finish them off by hand. Then it got worse, the soap didn’t dissolve and none of the dishes were clean. I called suport and 4 days later someone came out to take a look at it. Said the motor was defective and was going to order a new part. No idea when it would be in. So unworkable brand new dishwasher - needs a new motor, and I am not happy with getting a repair.

I request them to send me a new one. Good luck with that - apparently it has to broken multiple times before they replace it... Looks like I’m stuck dealing with a horrible product until I decide I had enough and throw it away. Buyer beware, the product is pricy, the quality is horrible and the company could care a less about providing a better customer experience.

Original review: March 8, 2019

I purchased a brand new Samsung dishwasher from Home Depot less than a year ago. One day, my dishwasher decided to not turn on. I called Home Depot Support, they sent me to Samsung support. Samsung was great at first, they were able to get a repairman out within two days. Repairman came to my home, looked at my dishwasher and told me I needed a new circuit board. He would have to order it and come back sometime next week. Okay great. Here’s where things went downhill. He proceeded to tell me I needed to hire someone to come uninstall my dishwasher so that he can work on it. I will then have to hire someone again to come out and reinstall it once Samsung fixes it. What the hell!

Original review: March 4, 2019

You purchase a dishwasher for $500.00 and it needed repairs 3 times after the warranty ran out, and will be sending it to the junkyard within 2 1/2 years after purchase, I will never purchase another Samsung product again! Don't waste your money!

Original review: March 1, 2019

I bought this dishwasher new. Within the first 2 years the control panel went out, cost $200. The bottom screen tore, replaced at 85. My husband did all the labor or I would have paid as much again for this dishwasher as it cost originally. Now just a simple leak at the bottom of the door. The rubber gasket is old and tore, water leaking all over my floor. Simple to get out. But Samsung does not sell just the door gasket, You must Buy The Entire Door Panel. Why not? It’s holding the consumer hostage for higher priced parts replacements. Repacking a door when you just need the seal!

The cost of a gasket $20 maybe, but the entire door is what they want to sell me at $250. just to get a new bottom door seal. Highway robbery. I will never buy your product again. Totally ridiculous! This dishwasher still looks great but it is being trashed. Can’t use it, leaks water all over the floor without the gasket. I won’t waste any more fixing this product. Buying a new Whirlpool! Never buy Samsung Dishwashers!

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

I ordered the Install and old appliance haul away when I bought my dishwasher. I got neither of these things. The all in one package is why I chose Samsung to begin with. The contractors who arrived with my appliance had no certifications to install anything nor did they bring any tools (I had to give them my tools). The contractors pulled my old dishwasher halfway out and said they couldn't go any further for fear of damaging the wall (the washer wasn't connected to the wall and any qualified installation tech or plumber would have known that). So they left me stuck with a dishwasher halfway out of place. I had to get a plumber to come out and finish the job which costed me money! I was also transferred 5 times because agents kept transferring me to the wrong department and had to call twice because while on hold I was transferred to the review line which took me off the call.

After finally being transferred to the home appliance line the agent kept telling me he understood my frustration and he would be upset too if that happened to him. After I asked at the bare minimum compensate me for the the plumber having to come out he told me there was NOTHING he could do because it was XPO's fault not Samsung. Well I paid Samsung for a Samsung product so yes it is Samsung's fault! So I'm out the money for a plumber!

I have already left a complaint with the BBB and will not be ordering anything from such a dishonest company again. I was lied to when the Samsung website said installation and haul away. The best offer I got from the agent was they could send someone out the week after which is completely unacceptable because again my dishwasher was hanging halfway out! All the agents I talked to should feel ashamed of their terrible customer service and Samsung should be ashamed that they LIE on their website.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

I am sitting here one week after having our new Samsung dishwasher delivered and unable to install it because of a couple of brackets and screws that were not shipped with the unit. Upon delivery, the delivery company opened the box and we inspected for damage...none. That was great. We set it aside for installation later in the week, (after a new kitchen floor was to be installed.) When I proceeded to install today discovered that the "included parts" other than the kick plate were nowhere to be seen. Contacted Samsung... They directed me to the Samsung/Home Depot centre. Their answer “Sorry, not reported within 24 - 48 hours.” Are you kidding me? For the lack of a few parts costing less than $5 they would rather have me return it to Home Depot! Home Depot is now trying to work with them. I simply cannot believe the bureaucratic nonsense and lack of common sense.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

Dishwasher not even 2 years old and have had repair person come 3 times. This is the last straw. The unit will not turn off and saying there is a leak but tech still wasn’t sure what was wrong with this piece of expensive **!!! Will never in my life buy Samsung products again!!

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

My Samsung dishwasher worked perfectly until one day it simply stopped working -- no lights, nothing. I called Samsung and was told if it was the control board it would be a warranty repair, but if it was the front panel it would not be. The authorized service repair company came and --without running any diagnostics -- replaced the front panel, and charged me about $300. The unit worked for a week, and then the same problem reappeared. They came back to do the work. Samsung said would be a warranty repair -- replace the control board -- but then after the work was completed, charged me $140 for the board anyway!

After many contacts with Samsung, which agreed repeatedly that the control board was a warranty repair, I was never able to get the money refunded and Samsung failed to follow through with numerous promised phone calls. I would never buy another Samsung product after this experience (which is particularly a shame since I've been a loyal Samsung customer for years -- phones, TV's, memory cards, etc.).

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

We recently purchased Samsung Dishwasher Model #DW80K5050 that seemed visually fine on delivery. When we attempted to install it a week later, there was internal damage not visible from the outside. Samsung sent a rep to confirm the DW had likely been dropped to cause multiple internal issues. When we shared this with Build.com, they said they had no responsibility since damage was not reported in their 24-48 hr window EVEN THOUGH DAMAGE WAS INTERNAL and COULD NOT BE DETECTED FROM THE OUTSIDE.

And when we reached out to Samsung they said their warranty doesn't cover new appliances that had never operated (i.e. delivered broken). So we are stuck with a yet to be installed dishwasher for which we just ordered replacement parts at our expense. I would avoid buying from Build.com that was unwilling to correct this situation despite nearly $20,000 of appliance purchases from them the past year alone. And I would also avoid purchasing Samsung appliances based on their customer service, or lack thereof.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

We purchased a suite of samsung appliances to "upgrade" our kitchen. We have had problems with literally every piece. Never again. We have the DMT800RHS. This dishwasher has never dried acceptably since day one. It usually leaves food particles. We have learned to inspect dishes as we remove them. We have a perpetual drying mat on the counter. We leave the door slightly ajar when not in use to keep the unit dry. It seems to cut down on the odors. We run a vinegar clean cycle every other month to keep the drains clean. This seems to have solved the intermittent drain code problem. We wipe the seal with a rag every week to prevent sludge build up and seal leaks. My 20 year old car requires less maintenance.

After reading many of these reviews I almost feel fortunate. We now have the rack handles dissolving. It seems like the detergent (or possible the vinegar cleaning required for the odor problem) has broken down the rubber to the point it is flaking off and sticking to the dishes. We took a scrapper and removed as much as we could. Hope some of these tips may help some of you get by until you can replace this horrible appliance. Just never again...

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

Very unhappy with Samsung dishwasher that lasted 18 months and 3 repair persons. All said it needed a new circuit board, which we ordered and the dishwasher still did not work. We trashed it and bought Kitchenaid and are very happy. We have other Samsung appliances and I am holding my breath. They are not great and not worth the money no matter what the sale price is. For your wallet and sanity, do not buy Samsung appliances.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

We had an old GE which worked well for years, no problems. Wife wanted stainless steel. Bought a $500.00 plus Samsung. After about 9 months it started giving us trouble. Wouldn't pump out. Contacted Samsung. They sent some fly by night repairman. I told him what it was doing so he brought a new pump. In about a month it started again. Again the guy brought another part and installed it. It lasted about another month and it started again. This time they said I would have to pay for the repair. It was never fixed right to begin with so I didn't think I should have to pay for repairs. Samsung doesn't stand behind their products with a respectable repair service, they just send the cheapest and you end up with a POS.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

850$ new Samsung dishwasher never worked properly. Bottom bracket didn't slide in and out without a huge struggle. Made numerous calls and all we got was BS. Worst product and customer service. We are now throwing it out and buying a 300$ dishwasher.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

DO NOT BUY SAMSUNG APPLIANCES!!!! Dishwasher lasted month. Supposedly black stainless is nothing more than a film cover over cheap flimsy thin stainless. Customer service is garbage the absolute worst. DO NOT BUY SAMSUNG APPLIANCES!!!! WE HAVE BEEN ROBBED BY GARBAGE APPLIANCES. And shame on Home Depot for not standing by us.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

I am a contractor who has installed over 100 dishwashers. This is the worst installation design I have ever seen. The hot water & drain connections are at the left rear corner of the D/W. The hot water supply line requires a 90 degree fitting (which is NOT supplied). The water supply connection is 3" above the floor & 4" from the left side. The water connection fitting on the D/W is PLASTIC. You have to buy a 90 degree fitting (brass), then remove the BRASS connector nut & replace it with the PLASTIC nut provided with D/W.

When you connect the water supply line to the 90 degree fitting, it has to bend at a 90 degree angle to fit in the cabinet opening. The Drain hose is also connected at the rear left hand corner. You are warned to "not overtighten the 90 degree fitting (PLASTIC) or it can cause a leak. THEN, it tells you to slide the D/W into the cabinet opening & be careful not to kink the water & drain hoses.

It is such an idiotic design that the instructions actually say, "Get a SECOND or THIRD person to help you if this is necessary." Once installed you have no way of seeing if the water or drain hoses are leaking, until it is too late. Three days later water was dripping from my basement ceiling, due to water connection leaking and ruining my bamboo kitchen floor. For 46 years I have installed D/W's with the connections right in front behind the base panel. An easy connection for one man/woman and you can readily observe if you have any leaks. Samsung should stick to TVs.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

In April, we purchased a brand new Samsung dishwasher from City Furniture. This was a very special treat, as we had used free and 50.00 dishwasher all our married lives. We got a top of the line one, thinking this way, we would not have any repairs for year. How wrong we were. Within a week of having it, the dishwasher flashed a code, and quit.

After calling Samsung for three weeks, City Furniture kindly replaced the unit. It ran fine..for a month. Then it quit. Multiple phone calls to Samsung, a month later... it's fixed. Ran fine for 2 months. Since then, we have made many, many phone calls to Samsung. They have: Twice sent our repair request to the wrong servicemen. "Escalated" our call three times... No response... Who does not service this area. When they did finally get hold of the right serviceman he was beyond rude. But I guess if you are the only Samsung serviceman in the ares (he is), you can afford to piss off customers, because what else are they going to do? Then Samsung sent the wrong error code to the repairman.

After a month, the part came in. Oh but wrong part, because he had the wrong code. Gave him right code. Still waiting. Months later. We have a $1000 dollar Samsung 8 month old dishwasher that has now been NOT working more often that it has worked. Another call to Samsung yesterday. Their response was "well, we have to wait for the technician to file a report before we can do anything". You mean the technician who STILL HASN'T COME??? Time for BBB. Do yourselves a favour. Don't buy Samsung.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

I am very disappointed in our new Samsung kitchen appliances. We bought a new refrigerator, dishwasher, and stove a year and a half ago. The refrigerator ice maker did not work; fortunately, I purchased the service contract through Best Buy and they covered the repair. Now the dishwasher is no longer drying the dishes. The year warranty is over, and I didn't buy the service contract for it as I expected it to work for at least a few years; now I am having to pay over $300 to repair the dryer fan assembly. I don't use the stove much but imagine that will break now that the year warranty is up. I won't purchase Samsung anymore and won't recommend them.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

I purchased this dishwasher from The Bay in July 2017, as it matched my other dark SS appliances. I could not install it until May 2018. Worked great until November 2018. Then we heard a grinding noise in the middle of a cycle. At first we thought it was the water wall arm. Was have since determined it is the Drain pump. Nothing has been caught in the drain that we can access. I live in a remote part of BC on the coast where I travel by ferry. It is impossible to get a Service guy to come here, have been waiting 3 weeks now.

I called Samsung 4 times asking if they would at least pay for the cost of a new pump which is about $150. They said NOT UNDER WARRANTY. Go figure a $1,000 dishwasher doesn't last 6 months after install. My previous 20 year old Kenmore worked and is still working when I gave it to my parents. PLEASE DO BYPASS ANY SAMSUNG DISHWASHER PURCHASE. You will have nothing but problems within a short period of time.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

When I purchased the dishwasher, it was quiet, cleaned great and all of the dishes were dry at the end of the wash. After 1 year, the dishwasher leaked significant water to the point my Pergo floor was ruined. After year 3, the dishwasher sounds like a chainsaw every time I turn it on. It is a shame because it was a nice dishwasher initially, but IS NOT durable whatsoever. For the cost ($500) it should work for more than 1-4 years.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

Bought this dishwasher from Costco, 7 months ago and already it's making grinding/whining noises. We bought it for our small office and run the dishwasher once a week/maybe twice. Samsung has said because it's in an office they won't warranty it. This dishwasher gets way less work than my dishwasher at home (run almost every day). Do not buy Samsung!

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

Do not buy Samsung dishwasher, leaks from door had problems with control panel and know it's leaking from the bottom. The dryer heating element always burns out after 1 year and 3 months. This is my 2nd time changing this part and a wire was burn inside. I get a feeling it might not be the last. Washer leaks sometimes. Stay away from Samsung. As for my tablet the screen cracked not outside the screen but inside, the tablet was never drop and that was after 3 days that it was bought from the Bell store. As for Samsung tv, not bad. Broke 10 years after it was bought.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

Purchased a whole kitchen of Samsung product, dishwasher, microwave, range and fridge. So far in a little over a year the microwave burnt out, and the dishwasher has broken down twice, drainage pump and washer motor. Samsung is a piece of garbage. Anyone that's thinking of buying this brand DON'T. YOU WILL BE SORRY AND SAMSUNG DOESN'T CARE.

Samsung Computers and Monitors expert review by ConsumerAffairs

For more than 70 years, Samsung has been an industry leader across all technology markets. Its investments in medicine, consumer electronics, finance, plant construction and more make it an all-in-one brand.

• Building better built-in options: Samsung only offers built-in dishwashers, producing six different models with two different washing styles.

• Rotary washing arms: Like most dishwashers, these models use a rotary arm to direct spray throughout the tub.

• WaterWall technology: This innovative take on cleaning uses a powerful wall of water to attack dried-on food residue.

• Adjustable racking system: Fit more pots and pans side-by-side with table settings using the adjustable racking system.

• Zone booster options: Direct the water pressure to where it is most needed with the zone booster.

• Best for: Homeowners and families