1.16/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

715 Samsung Dishwasher Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

We purchased a suite of samsung appliances to "upgrade" our kitchen. We have had problems with literally every piece. Never again. We have the DMT800RHS. This dishwasher has never dried acceptably since day one. It usually leaves food particles. We have learned to inspect dishes as we remove them. We have a perpetual drying mat on the counter. We leave the door slightly ajar when not in use to keep the unit dry. It seems to cut down on the odors. We run a vinegar clean cycle every other month to keep the drains clean. This seems to have solved the intermittent drain code problem. We wipe the seal with a rag every week to prevent sludge build up and seal leaks. My 20 year old car requires less maintenance.

After reading many of these reviews I almost feel fortunate. We now have the rack handles dissolving. It seems like the detergent (or possible the vinegar cleaning required for the odor problem) has broken down the rubber to the point it is flaking off and sticking to the dishes. We took a scrapper and removed as much as we could. Hope some of these tips may help some of you get by until you can replace this horrible appliance. Just never again...

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

Very unhappy with Samsung dishwasher that lasted 18 months and 3 repair persons. All said it needed a new circuit board, which we ordered and the dishwasher still did not work. We trashed it and bought Kitchenaid and are very happy. We have other Samsung appliances and I am holding my breath. They are not great and not worth the money no matter what the sale price is. For your wallet and sanity, do not buy Samsung appliances.

Get expert buying tips about Dishwashers delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

We had an old GE which worked well for years, no problems. Wife wanted stainless steel. Bought a $500.00 plus Samsung. After about 9 months it started giving us trouble. Wouldn't pump out. Contacted Samsung. They sent some fly by night repairman. I told him what it was doing so he brought a new pump. In about a month it started again. Again the guy brought another part and installed it. It lasted about another month and it started again. This time they said I would have to pay for the repair. It was never fixed right to begin with so I didn't think I should have to pay for repairs. Samsung doesn't stand behind their products with a respectable repair service, they just send the cheapest and you end up with a POS.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

850$ new Samsung dishwasher never worked properly. Bottom bracket didn't slide in and out without a huge struggle. Made numerous calls and all we got was BS. Worst product and customer service. We are now throwing it out and buying a 300$ dishwasher.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

DO NOT BUY SAMSUNG APPLIANCES!!!! Dishwasher lasted month. Supposedly black stainless is nothing more than a film cover over cheap flimsy thin stainless. Customer service is garbage the absolute worst. DO NOT BUY SAMSUNG APPLIANCES!!!! WE HAVE BEEN ROBBED BY GARBAGE APPLIANCES. And shame on Home Depot for not standing by us.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Computers and Monitors?

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

I am a contractor who has installed over 100 dishwashers. This is the worst installation design I have ever seen. The hot water & drain connections are at the left rear corner of the D/W. The hot water supply line requires a 90 degree fitting (which is NOT supplied). The water supply connection is 3" above the floor & 4" from the left side. The water connection fitting on the D/W is PLASTIC. You have to buy a 90 degree fitting (brass), then remove the BRASS connector nut & replace it with the PLASTIC nut provided with D/W.

When you connect the water supply line to the 90 degree fitting, it has to bend at a 90 degree angle to fit in the cabinet opening. The Drain hose is also connected at the rear left hand corner. You are warned to "not overtighten the 90 degree fitting (PLASTIC) or it can cause a leak. THEN, it tells you to slide the D/W into the cabinet opening & be careful not to kink the water & drain hoses.

It is such an idiotic design that the instructions actually say, "Get a SECOND or THIRD person to help you if this is necessary." Once installed you have no way of seeing if the water or drain hoses are leaking, until it is too late. Three days later water was dripping from my basement ceiling, due to water connection leaking and ruining my bamboo kitchen floor. For 46 years I have installed D/W's with the connections right in front behind the base panel. An easy connection for one man/woman and you can readily observe if you have any leaks. Samsung should stick to TVs.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

In April, we purchased a brand new Samsung dishwasher from City Furniture. This was a very special treat, as we had used free and 50.00 dishwasher all our married lives. We got a top of the line one, thinking this way, we would not have any repairs for year. How wrong we were. Within a week of having it, the dishwasher flashed a code, and quit.

After calling Samsung for three weeks, City Furniture kindly replaced the unit. It ran fine..for a month. Then it quit. Multiple phone calls to Samsung, a month later... it's fixed. Ran fine for 2 months. Since then, we have made many, many phone calls to Samsung. They have: Twice sent our repair request to the wrong servicemen. "Escalated" our call three times... No response... Who does not service this area. When they did finally get hold of the right serviceman he was beyond rude. But I guess if you are the only Samsung serviceman in the ares (he is), you can afford to piss off customers, because what else are they going to do? Then Samsung sent the wrong error code to the repairman.

After a month, the part came in. Oh but wrong part, because he had the wrong code. Gave him right code. Still waiting. Months later. We have a $1000 dollar Samsung 8 month old dishwasher that has now been NOT working more often that it has worked. Another call to Samsung yesterday. Their response was "well, we have to wait for the technician to file a report before we can do anything". You mean the technician who STILL HASN'T COME??? Time for BBB. Do yourselves a favour. Don't buy Samsung.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

I am very disappointed in our new Samsung kitchen appliances. We bought a new refrigerator, dishwasher, and stove a year and a half ago. The refrigerator ice maker did not work; fortunately, I purchased the service contract through Best Buy and they covered the repair. Now the dishwasher is no longer drying the dishes. The year warranty is over, and I didn't buy the service contract for it as I expected it to work for at least a few years; now I am having to pay over $300 to repair the dryer fan assembly. I don't use the stove much but imagine that will break now that the year warranty is up. I won't purchase Samsung anymore and won't recommend them.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

I purchased this dishwasher from The Bay in July 2017, as it matched my other dark SS appliances. I could not install it until May 2018. Worked great until November 2018. Then we heard a grinding noise in the middle of a cycle. At first we thought it was the water wall arm. Was have since determined it is the Drain pump. Nothing has been caught in the drain that we can access. I live in a remote part of BC on the coast where I travel by ferry. It is impossible to get a Service guy to come here, have been waiting 3 weeks now.

I called Samsung 4 times asking if they would at least pay for the cost of a new pump which is about $150. They said NOT UNDER WARRANTY. Go figure a $1,000 dishwasher doesn't last 6 months after install. My previous 20 year old Kenmore worked and is still working when I gave it to my parents. PLEASE DO BYPASS ANY SAMSUNG DISHWASHER PURCHASE. You will have nothing but problems within a short period of time.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

When I purchased the dishwasher, it was quiet, cleaned great and all of the dishes were dry at the end of the wash. After 1 year, the dishwasher leaked significant water to the point my Pergo floor was ruined. After year 3, the dishwasher sounds like a chainsaw every time I turn it on. It is a shame because it was a nice dishwasher initially, but IS NOT durable whatsoever. For the cost ($500) it should work for more than 1-4 years.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

Bought this dishwasher from Costco, 7 months ago and already it's making grinding/whining noises. We bought it for our small office and run the dishwasher once a week/maybe twice. Samsung has said because it's in an office they won't warranty it. This dishwasher gets way less work than my dishwasher at home (run almost every day). Do not buy Samsung!

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

Do not buy Samsung dishwasher, leaks from door had problems with control panel and know it's leaking from the bottom. The dryer heating element always burns out after 1 year and 3 months. This is my 2nd time changing this part and a wire was burn inside. I get a feeling it might not be the last. Washer leaks sometimes. Stay away from Samsung. As for my tablet the screen cracked not outside the screen but inside, the tablet was never drop and that was after 3 days that it was bought from the Bell store. As for Samsung tv, not bad. Broke 10 years after it was bought.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

Purchased a whole kitchen of Samsung product, dishwasher, microwave, range and fridge. So far in a little over a year the microwave burnt out, and the dishwasher has broken down twice, drainage pump and washer motor. Samsung is a piece of garbage. Anyone that's thinking of buying this brand DON'T. YOU WILL BE SORRY AND SAMSUNG DOESN'T CARE.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

In December 2015, I purchased a Samsung built-in dishwasher model DW80F600UTS/AA. I finally got it installed around July 2016. By November 2017, the dishwasher stopped working. The pump was running even though there was no water in it. I opened the door and the pump does not stop. The heavy LED was flashing even though I never selected heavy cycle. I try to turn off the dishwasher using the power button, it turns off for 2-3 seconds then it comes back automatically and the pump is just keep going. The only way to shut it off is by flipping the circuit breaker. I tried every recommended method, which included keeping power off for a while and then reapply, but nothing worked.

As soon as power was applied, the pump started running and wouldn't shut off using front panel controls. An appliance repair technician came to my house in December 2017, but the regular warranty had expired. Fortunately, I had purchased a 3 year extended warranty. The technician diagnosed a bad control panel and sump pump assembly. It took 3 months for the parts to arrive. Once the new parts were installed (March 2018), it worked great; for approximately 3 months and then broke again (June 2018) with the exact same problem. A repair technician came out and replaced the sump motor again. The dishwasher worked until the end of August 2018 and quit working again with the exact same symptoms as the previous two times.

A repair technician came out on 4 September 2018, diagnosed a bad sump motor and placed it on order. Around 4 November 2018, I called for status on when I could expect my dishwasher to be repaired. I was informed the motor had to be ordered from Korea and they had no idea when it would be shipped. I canceled the service request and am going to trash the dishwasher. I will never buy another Samsung appliance again.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

I used to swear by all Samsung products and always stocked everything in my home with it. However, it seems that for the last 5 years their product quality has been on a downhill spiral. I purchased the Samsung dishwasher model DW80F600UTS for my home. Worked well for five years, but then it just stopped working. I've read numerous reviews on the same problem that I was having and noticed that I wasn't the only one with the issue. For the time being I am staying away from all Samsung products and will have to review other companies.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

STAY AWAY FROM SAMSUNG APPLIANCES! In 2015, we installed Samsung appliances in our kitchen in conjunction with an extensive remodel. Worse move we ever made. Boy do I wish we could turn back the clock. The dishwasher failed 2 months after we installed it, and we literally had to give up our first-born child to get a replacement unit even though it was still within the 1 year warranty. Next, the element in the oven failed (3 times to date) as well as the control board which set us back $250. The microwave has always had a mind of its own, and will often beep and turn lights on and off during the middle of the night. Since it still seems to work, we are leaving it alone. Finally, the ice-maker in the refrigerator door freezes up and causes a mess, and needs to be defrosted once a month.

Apparently, this is a very common problem with Samsung refrigerators. Another reason to stay away from this product. Amazingly enough, we contacted Samsung no less than 10 times regarding these issues and the response has always been "your appliances are out of warranty", too bad so sad. If you are planning on purchasing Samsung appliances, I would highly recommended you do your research first and go with another brand! I for one will NEVER buy their products again.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2018

If you want to buy a dishwasher that will last 3-4 years then buy a Samsung. When ours stopped working it was hard to find a technician to look at it. Finally we did find someone and after 3 weeks of trying to get the right parts he told us to just go and buy a new dishwasher, he couldn't take the crap from Samsung anymore. Think before you buy!

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

I would strongly discourage others from purchasing a Samsung dishwasher, at least the DWF80F600 Series. Ours lasted almost exactly 3 years before needing to replace it because the estimated repair costs are more than 75% of what a new Samsung dishwasher would cost. From what I've read on-line the over level water error is extremely common and breaks again once fixed. It is unacceptable for an appliance to not even last to the 5 year mark.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

This dishwasher has been extremely disappointing. We bought all "Better" Samsung appliances when we bought our home and the "Waterwall" stopped cycling a few months after we bought it. It took about a month to get someone there to fix it (under warranty). 18 months later it's not under warranty and it has failed again. I think we paid around $1,100.00 new so the cost of ownership has been over $350.00 a year. We read horror stories but thought that it was more likely that people upset with their purchase were more likely to leave reviews and that they were probably skewed. They weren't. I'll start reading reviews to make our replacement purchase. Lesson learned.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

Poor Samsung customer service! My dishwasher was broken after using it for second time. Fine! A technician came and reported it as an unrepairable issue in Jul. Then, it took 2 MONTHS to get replace approval! However, I got a call from Samsung after confirming with me to replace a new unit in Sep, said there is no available inventory near my area (Baltimore, MD), "We (Samsung) are gonna refund you the dishwasher." So far (Oct), the case is still pending, the broken dishwasher is still in my kitchen! Never and ever buy Samsung products!!! Terrible customer service!!! Poor internal communication!!! I'm running out of my patience!!!

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

I bought my Samsung Dishwasher because I thought I saw reviews that it was a good choice. Can't trust all those reviews as this dishwasher lasted less than 2 years. The cost to repair was more than what I paid for the dishwasher in the first place. I have never owned a dishwasher with such poor lasting ability. I will never purchase another Samsung appliance again. SHAME on Samsung for such a bad product. I should get at least 5-10 years out of it. They don't even have enough confidence in their product to offer more than the standard 1 year warranty. I am just so disgusted right now. I don't know what to do.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

Install required a repairman which it should not. Poor design and performance. 1 year and 3 months after purchasing the pump failed. It is designed to be very sensitive to leaks, but it leaks very easily. I would never purchase a Samsung dishwasher again. Samsung should stick to phones.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

Samsung is 100% the worse product we have purchased in years. We have had a broken dishwasher in our kitchen for over 2 months. The unit broke shortly after purchase and we had to go through warranty. They sent Dish Network repairmen out. 4 times. Each time took a minimum of 5-7 hours. They showed up late, or not at all after scheduling a long window of when they might appear. They never fixed the unit and disappeared after it was establish they would have to replace the unit. We call Samsung and are told someone will call us back. We are also being told they are replacing it with the same unit which seems like a nightmare waiting to happen. Don’t do it!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

I bought the model DW80k7050us May 14th 2018. Worked beautifully and very quiet. On Oct 12th it would not turn on. There is no reset switch and troubleshooting does not address mo power. It is under Samsung's warranty even though I bought 5 year protection plan. I live in new Hampshire and Samsung's repair contractor is 2 hrs away in Gray Maine. Samsung will not allow a local contractor.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

I just got a brand new Samsung DW80K7050US dishwasher which retails for $950. To install it, the electricity must be connected (easy) and the output line has to be connected (easy) and the supply line has to be connected (easy). But.. when I turn the water on, I can hear a high pressure leak but see no water coming from anywhere. After a few minutes, a puddle of water comes from under the machine. There isn't a drop of water IN the machine. That means that when the machine was put together, there is a leaky seal or missing washer someplace... And I have to uninstall the machine, turn it upside down and play surgeon for a few hours trying to fix this damned leak. That is ridiculous.

Even worse, I have done searches on this, and that problem is not uncommon. Typically it is fixed by the install, but in this case, I installed it. Why should I pay someone $150 to connect 3 wires and two hoses? It's no more complicated than attaching a garden hose. Obviously they don't test their products for leaks before shipping them out.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

I am very disappointed with my new Samsung DW80M9 series dishwasher. It was billed as being a better cleaning product because the spray arm goes back and forth rather than in a circular motion like traditional dishwashers. I actually rinse my dishes before putting them in the dishwasher, but I have to scrub them to get every speck off before using this very expensive dishwasher. The one factor in its favor is that it is very quiet. I hope Samsung’s engineers will work on this very disappointing dishwasher.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

I have had this dishwasher for 3 years & it’s been repaired 12 times. It wasn’t cheap but honestly I wish I kept my older model Kenmore. Since day one this has been nothing but a headache, now it doesn’t turn on & I’ve been waiting for Sears repair to get the correct part. Twice the part that arrived was wrong. Now I’m being told not till the end of October are they expecting the part. Do yourself a favor DO NOT BUY SAMSUNG DISHWASHERS. I was even told by the repairman they should just stick with TV’s.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

We have been without a Dishwasher for 5 weeks!!!! First Company said the Drain hose was too long there 15 minutes and left. Never pulled Dishwasher out from Cabinet. 2nd Company came out found a bad hose on Dishwasher that was a Samsung Part. Dishwasher is only 6 months old & hose has a hole in it. Took a week to get parts and had to raise the roof for Service or it would have been another week for repair. Been on the phone with Samsung so much and took off work until I could have bought another Dishwasher!!!!

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

Purchased in April 14 and never worked well. Didn’t cycle or clean well. After minimal use for 4 years as was vacation home it just flashes trouble signals and doesn’t function. Do have home warranty and will see how they perform on replacement as they said too expensive to repair. First claim have filed with CHW, got tech out reasonably quick but slow on the replacement reply.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

I purchased 4 Samsung kitchen appliances August 1, 2014 when I moved into my retirement home. Since that time - within the first 18 months, my microwave had 4 service calls. Gratefully, I maintained my Home Warranty protection that was provided for the home and have renewed that warranty annually. The home warranty company ORHP - sent appliance technicians out and a Samsung certified technician who could not repair the microwave. Eventually, after 3 weeks they replaced the microwave with a Samsung upgraded unit. It is still working 2 years later.

Now the refrigerator icemaker freezes up and I have to use a hair dryer monthly to "defrost" the ice build up in the icemaker box. The refrigerator is a French door model that has a "flipper" on the left door which locks in place that door when closing. It also broke. After reviewing some online videos, I ordered a small tension spring for $8 + shipping, popped the flipper bar apart, replaced the tension spring, and fixed the issue.

Now, in September 2018, my dishwasher has broke not allowing the door to close and lock. The repair part is available and easily replaced so I had the home warranty company send out a tech who replaced the part on 9/12/18. On 9/23/18 after loading dishwasher after a BBQ with friends, the same problem re-appeared. To top that off, I recorded the dishwasher while in the rinsing and drying cycle so the tech can hear hit. I re-played the recording for my wife and daughter who thought I went to an airport and recorded a jet taking off or landing...the noise decibel level is high...

My Samsung 5 burner stove - I find that the grates are not really safe and worry when the grandkids are at the home. When you put a frying pan or pot on the grates - they wobble until you position them just right. They are not made with enough cross members to support smaller pots or frying pans. On more than one occasion, I put an 8" frying pan on the grate to fry eggs and the pan just flops downward until the handle touches the stove or countertop. You need to counterbalance the pan with the eggs and position carefully. I am negotiating selling my 4 appliances to a relative to place into one of her rental homes and buying a completely different brand.

Samsung Computers and Monitors expert review by ConsumerAffairs

For more than 70 years, Samsung has been an industry leader across all technology markets. Its investments in medicine, consumer electronics, finance, plant construction and more make it an all-in-one brand.

• Building better built-in options: Samsung only offers built-in dishwashers, producing six different models with two different washing styles.

• Rotary washing arms: Like most dishwashers, these models use a rotary arm to direct spray throughout the tub.

• WaterWall technology: This innovative take on cleaning uses a powerful wall of water to attack dried-on food residue.

• Adjustable racking system: Fit more pots and pans side-by-side with table settings using the adjustable racking system.

• Zone booster options: Direct the water pressure to where it is most needed with the zone booster.

• Best for: Homeowners and families