1.36/5

697 Samsung Dishwasher Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

This dishwasher has been extremely disappointing. We bought all "Better" Samsung appliances when we bought our home and the "Waterwall" stopped cycling a few months after we bought it. It took about a month to get someone there to fix it (under warranty). 18 months later it's not under warranty and it has failed again. I think we paid around $1,100.00 new so the cost of ownership has been over $350.00 a year. We read horror stories but thought that it was more likely that people upset with their purchase were more likely to leave reviews and that they were probably skewed. They weren't. I'll start reading reviews to make our replacement purchase. Lesson learned.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

Poor Samsung customer service! My dishwasher was broken after using it for second time. Fine! A technician came and reported it as an unrepairable issue in Jul. Then, it took 2 MONTHS to get replace approval! However, I got a call from Samsung after confirming with me to replace a new unit in Sep, said there is no available inventory near my area (Baltimore, MD), "We (Samsung) are gonna refund you the dishwasher." So far (Oct), the case is still pending, the broken dishwasher is still in my kitchen! Never and ever buy Samsung products!!! Terrible customer service!!! Poor internal communication!!! I'm running out of my patience!!!

Get expert buying tips about Dishwashers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

I bought my Samsung Dishwasher because I thought I saw reviews that it was a good choice. Can't trust all those reviews as this dishwasher lasted less than 2 years. The cost to repair was more than what I paid for the dishwasher in the first place. I have never owned a dishwasher with such poor lasting ability. I will never purchase another Samsung appliance again. SHAME on Samsung for such a bad product. I should get at least 5-10 years out of it. They don't even have enough confidence in their product to offer more than the standard 1 year warranty. I am just so disgusted right now. I don't know what to do.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

Install required a repairman which it should not. Poor design and performance. 1 year and 3 months after purchasing the pump failed. It is designed to be very sensitive to leaks, but it leaks very easily. I would never purchase a Samsung dishwasher again. Samsung should stick to phones.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

Samsung is 100% the worse product we have purchased in years. We have had a broken dishwasher in our kitchen for over 2 months. The unit broke shortly after purchase and we had to go through warranty. They sent Dish Network repairmen out. 4 times. Each time took a minimum of 5-7 hours. They showed up late, or not at all after scheduling a long window of when they might appear. They never fixed the unit and disappeared after it was establish they would have to replace the unit. We call Samsung and are told someone will call us back. We are also being told they are replacing it with the same unit which seems like a nightmare waiting to happen. Don’t do it!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Computers and Monitors?

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

I bought the model DW80k7050us May 14th 2018. Worked beautifully and very quiet. On Oct 12th it would not turn on. There is no reset switch and troubleshooting does not address mo power. It is under Samsung's warranty even though I bought 5 year protection plan. I live in new Hampshire and Samsung's repair contractor is 2 hrs away in Gray Maine. Samsung will not allow a local contractor.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

I just got a brand new Samsung DW80K7050US dishwasher which retails for $950. To install it, the electricity must be connected (easy) and the output line has to be connected (easy) and the supply line has to be connected (easy). But.. when I turn the water on, I can hear a high pressure leak but see no water coming from anywhere. After a few minutes, a puddle of water comes from under the machine. There isn't a drop of water IN the machine. That means that when the machine was put together, there is a leaky seal or missing washer someplace... And I have to uninstall the machine, turn it upside down and play surgeon for a few hours trying to fix this damned leak. That is ridiculous.

Even worse, I have done searches on this, and that problem is not uncommon. Typically it is fixed by the install, but in this case, I installed it. Why should I pay someone $150 to connect 3 wires and two hoses? It's no more complicated than attaching a garden hose. Obviously they don't test their products for leaks before shipping them out.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

I am very disappointed with my new Samsung DW80M9 series dishwasher. It was billed as being a better cleaning product because the spray arm goes back and forth rather than in a circular motion like traditional dishwashers. I actually rinse my dishes before putting them in the dishwasher, but I have to scrub them to get every speck off before using this very expensive dishwasher. The one factor in its favor is that it is very quiet. I hope Samsung’s engineers will work on this very disappointing dishwasher.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

I have had this dishwasher for 3 years & it’s been repaired 12 times. It wasn’t cheap but honestly I wish I kept my older model Kenmore. Since day one this has been nothing but a headache, now it doesn’t turn on & I’ve been waiting for Sears repair to get the correct part. Twice the part that arrived was wrong. Now I’m being told not till the end of October are they expecting the part. Do yourself a favor DO NOT BUY SAMSUNG DISHWASHERS. I was even told by the repairman they should just stick with TV’s.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

We have been without a Dishwasher for 5 weeks!!!! First Company said the Drain hose was too long there 15 minutes and left. Never pulled Dishwasher out from Cabinet. 2nd Company came out found a bad hose on Dishwasher that was a Samsung Part. Dishwasher is only 6 months old & hose has a hole in it. Took a week to get parts and had to raise the roof for Service or it would have been another week for repair. Been on the phone with Samsung so much and took off work until I could have bought another Dishwasher!!!!

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

Purchased in April 14 and never worked well. Didn’t cycle or clean well. After minimal use for 4 years as was vacation home it just flashes trouble signals and doesn’t function. Do have home warranty and will see how they perform on replacement as they said too expensive to repair. First claim have filed with CHW, got tech out reasonably quick but slow on the replacement reply.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

I purchased 4 Samsung kitchen appliances August 1, 2014 when I moved into my retirement home. Since that time - within the first 18 months, my microwave had 4 service calls. Gratefully, I maintained my Home Warranty protection that was provided for the home and have renewed that warranty annually. The home warranty company ORHP - sent appliance technicians out and a Samsung certified technician who could not repair the microwave. Eventually, after 3 weeks they replaced the microwave with a Samsung upgraded unit. It is still working 2 years later.

Now the refrigerator icemaker freezes up and I have to use a hair dryer monthly to "defrost" the ice build up in the icemaker box. The refrigerator is a French door model that has a "flipper" on the left door which locks in place that door when closing. It also broke. After reviewing some online videos, I ordered a small tension spring for $8 + shipping, popped the flipper bar apart, replaced the tension spring, and fixed the issue.

Now, in September 2018, my dishwasher has broke not allowing the door to close and lock. The repair part is available and easily replaced so I had the home warranty company send out a tech who replaced the part on 9/12/18. On 9/23/18 after loading dishwasher after a BBQ with friends, the same problem re-appeared. To top that off, I recorded the dishwasher while in the rinsing and drying cycle so the tech can hear hit. I re-played the recording for my wife and daughter who thought I went to an airport and recorded a jet taking off or landing...the noise decibel level is high...

My Samsung 5 burner stove - I find that the grates are not really safe and worry when the grandkids are at the home. When you put a frying pan or pot on the grates - they wobble until you position them just right. They are not made with enough cross members to support smaller pots or frying pans. On more than one occasion, I put an 8" frying pan on the grate to fry eggs and the pan just flops downward until the handle touches the stove or countertop. You need to counterbalance the pan with the eggs and position carefully. I am negotiating selling my 4 appliances to a relative to place into one of her rental homes and buying a completely different brand.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

I purchased a new Samsung dishwasher in May, 2017. In August, 2018, the unit broke - would not drain and then the circuit board fried. Initially, Samsung said they would issue a warranty allowance (even though it was 2 months beyond the warranty date) and would arrange for service or provide a new unit. After 5 days, during which they failed to find a technician, they decided they would not provide any help or compensation - I was out of luck. What kind of company is this that they sell people a product costing hundreds of dollars, it breaks after a year and that's it?! Every service person I have spoken to has remarked that Samsung DW's are extremely poorly made and designed and the advice I got was to not fix it and go buy a Bosch instead. Between multiple service calls at my request and the new unit, I'm out well over $1000. I hope somebody organizes a class action lawsuit.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

My first dishwasher broke 4 months after it was installed. I spent 3 months waiting for it to get fixed or replaced. Samsung finally replaced it after they said they couldn't get the parts to fix it. 6 months after the new one was installed it broke and Samsung said that the warranty was over on the dishwasher but they would send a repair shop over to look at it at my cost. I would highly recommend that you stay away from Samsung dishwashers.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

Last year at the Black Friday sale I purchase the French door Samsung fridge and a Samsung dishwasher. Terrible experience. Fridge and dishwasher came defective. I paid warranty on both. After so much trouble they finally fixed my fridge, which would make this terrible noise, like an old car. Now, with the dishwasher for which I paid 700 dollars, came with a defective rail on one of the trays, and also the door is defective. Neither Lowe's or Samsung have been able to help me. They said is nothing they can do. Even with the warranty. I haven't been able to use my dishwasher and I still making payments on it. Never in my life I will buy or recommend Samsung products again. And not at Lowe's either. They are the worst.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

I thought I was doing great by buying supposedly Better Appliances. WOW was I stupid. I bought a Samsung Stove which was off by 60%, was told by Samsung TOO BAD. Bought Microwave, Dishwasher which completely sucks, doesn't clean dishes, much less pots and pans, Washer and Dryer, basic quality at BEST, and a Fridge. Overall Samsung Quality is the worst, their Service and Warranty which is 1 year are the worst. DO NOT BUY SAMSUNG UNDER FOR ANY REASON. Their stock is going to drop, all the service people will tell you not to buy anything from Samsung. Must be a reason!!! I was in Home Depot and talked a person out of buying Samsung so I cost them 2 appliances. If we all complain to our friends about Samsung, they will self destruct.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

We have also been given the run around from Samsung about what seems to be a faulty product - their waterfall dishwasher. What a horrible company, I cannot believe they can stay in business. Our dishwasher is just two years old and quit working. After talking to several customer service agents on the phone, through email, and online, it is still not fixed. We had a local repairman come to look at it, he said it costs more to fix it than what it is worth at this point.

There are only two certified Samsung repair businesses in Indiana. The one in Fort Wayne told us they would not come and look at it due to the constant issues with Samsung. We have another one finally coming Monday - we hope (after 7 days of dealing with them to the point my husband was screaming at the customer service rep that was in India because they were asking completely irrelevant questions). If you are looking for new appliances, please do not purchase this brand. We had issues with our refrigerator also. They are poorly made, and Samsung has to have the worst customer service of any company on earth.

Original review: July 19, 2018

Recently purchased from Lowe's a Samsung dishwasher (Summer 2018 Model). Original price, 599.00. Had it professionally installed. It is relatively quiet compared to my old one, however it will not dry the dishes. It does have a heating element, but no matter what cycle is on, it will not drain entirely, so when the heating element turns on during the drying cycle, it just heats up the standing rinse water left in the bottom creating a huge amount of steamed rinse water and saturating the dishes. If I hold down the start button for 3 seconds it will "magically" drain entirely, but manually completes the cycle so drying is off. WET DISHES. I hope the appliance engineers at Samsung go back to R&D school, and definitely need to stay away from Samsung Audio Video electronics. They will surely ruin the only good product in the brand.

Original review: July 18, 2018

I purchased a Samsung dishwasher and 2 weeks out of warranty it failed and will not drain. I was told that they are sorry, but because it was purchased 1 year and 2 weeks before the failure, I will have to pay for all repairs. They said that they referred it to a company to have it repaired, but after a week had gone by and making multiple calls, I discovered they provided the repair company with the wrong phone number and email address for me. When I mentioned that I saw online that many people are having the same problem and that the dishwasher is built faulty, they told me that they appreciated my researching the issue, but it is out of warranty and basically, too bad.

Original review: July 13, 2018

Warning! My dishwasher broke within a year, under warranty. It's been 10 weeks, six technician visits, 25 hours of phone calls and dozens of emails and I still don't have a functional dishwasher. Plus, one of the technicians uninstalled it and didn't reinstall it, so it's not even attached to the counter anymore. In addition to all that, the cycle is nearly 4 hours long! Example of lies I have been told by this disgusting company after they replaced the motherboard, water wall and motor:

1. "Once a technician comes out twice, we deem it defective and give you a refund." It's been six times so far. 2. "Technician needs to come out three times before we can deem it defective." See above. 3. "It doesn't work because you aren't running the sanitize feature." Okay, still doesn't work. 4. "It doesn't work because you are using regular Cascade pods, not Platinum pods." Okay, still doesn't work. 5. "It doesn't work because you are using pods, not liquid detergent." Not according to Cascade, but okay, still doesn't work. 6. "It works." I don't remember having you over for dinner and you offering to clean up, Samsung, so how would you know that? It leaks, doesn't even get some dishes wet and doesn't dissolve the detergent, liquid or pod. Model DW80J7550UG. Garbage product from garbage company. Do your research (wish I had) and unless you like to throw away money, stay far away from this company.

Original review: July 6, 2018

The first error code (LC) happened about 4 weeks after install. A week wait for a tech, claimed no problem. Happened again about 5 weeks later. Again, no issue found. Happened again - replaced a part. Happened again. You get the picture. Sent a complaint directly to Samsung in May 2018 requesting replacement of faulty machine (Dishwasher 80M9 series). Was told they had only received ONE repair notice from us (we had logged in SEVEN at that point - since WE hadn't paid for any of the service calls, I have to assume Samsung did!). They sent someone out to repair AGAIN. Happened again in June. JUST had repair here to replace two parts - he was 5 minutes away from the house and it happened yet again. HORRIBLE company to deal with. This should truly be a "no star" review.

Original review: July 3, 2018

Samsung is absolutely the worst company I have ever dealt with. The runaround is not unusual but outright lies which they refer to as "misinformation." They offered me a store credit and went so far as to give me a number to fax my sales receipt to in order to facilitate said credit and later told me they don't even do store credits!!! Bought the dishwasher in 7/2017. Have had 3 repairs in 10 months and even when it's working it does a terrible job and I want it removed and a refund. They absolutely refused despite repeated phone calls even up to someone at the office of the president who gave me the same line. NO REFUNDS, exchange only. No thank you. Absolutely disgusted with this company.

Original review: June 21, 2018

I have seen many people comment on the spot weld that holds the seal to the waterwall dishwasher. The weld didn't even hold for 10 months before it broke. They sent someone out and they said we caused physical damage to the dishwasher. I have spent hours on the phone and they just mess with you by saying they will send a second opinion and then they won't actually do it. Very dishonest company! Bunch of scam artists. Don't buy Samsung products. They will break if they are dishwashers or explode if they're phones and they won't take responsibility.

Original review: June 18, 2018

Horrible!!! DO NOT buy a Samsung dishwashers!!! We bought a Samsung dishwasher in October of 2016 (model # DW80F600UTS). Almost immediately we noticed a putrid smell coming from inside the dishwasher. We tried every kind of cleaner from vinegar, store brand cleaners, lemon flavored Kool-Aid... you name it, we tried it. Called Samsung (can hardly understand a word they're saying) and they told me to keep the door open when not using it!? Seriously!?? Who does that??? Next we started noticing rusty spots on our silverware. Then within 6-8 months of getting it, it stopped working completely!

After going through a big hassle with customer service and having to prove to them we only had it for a couple of months, they sent someone to repair it, only to have it break down again a few months later!! But this time it was no longer covered under their 1 year warranty, so it cost us $147 to have a serviceman come out to tell us we needed a new part!

So then Samsung calls (again can barely understand them) and says they will replace our dishwasher. "GREAT" we think "They are FINALLY doing the right thing!" After all we have been without a working dishwasher now for over a month. BUT... the case will need to be reviewed first!? OK??? Well 3 weeks later, we get an e-mail saying it has been approved. So I call them to see what steps I need to take to get our new dishwasher. After being put on hold for at least 30 min. I am told they are unable to replace it because they no longer have our model in stock! WHAT!?! I was just told less than an hour ago it was approved!! What the heck!!!

So I asked to speak to a supervisor who is absolutely NO help. She just says all they will do is refund us the cost of our piece of crap dishwasher. So almost 2 months later we still do not have a working dishwasher and are out $147 for a repairman to tell us we have a piece of crap dishwasher! Samsung does NOT stand behind their products, and they certainly do NOT care about their customers!!!

Original review: June 14, 2018

Within 4 months this Model DW80F600UTS Samsung Dishwasher began to give misleading ERROR messages (High temp Heating error and Over-level Water error). Service calls were made twice while still under warranty only to have the errors re-surface. The only way we could get the dishwasher to work was to alternate washing cycles. Finally after 3 years of fighting with this dishwasher the pump began to leak and we threw it out.

Original review: June 13, 2018

We bought a Samsung dishwasher less than 2 years ago and it just stopped working. Samsung sent someone out to look at it and he told us it would be $600 to fix it and we would be better off buying a new one. He also charged us $99 to tell us that. When I called Samsung to try and get some money back, anything, they did nothing. You would think if you pay the prices they charge for their appliances they would work for more than 2 years. I had a GE for 23 years without ever having to have a service call. I won't be buying Samsung anymore.

Original review: June 6, 2018

We purchased a brand new Samsung dishwasher when we moved into our house in July of 2012. Within 5 months, there were 5 repairs done under warranty. Within a year, at least 5 more. Finally, one repairman told us the issue AND how to repair it. Samsung was no longer willing to cover any repairs as it was off warranty.

Jump ahead to 6 years later and I myself have repaired the machine over 40 times. One of the cords that connects the control panel to the rest of the machine is too short so it gets pulled every time a wash is done. After a few cycles, it disconnects. Just have to remove a few screws and reconnect. We paid $700.00 Canadian, brand new. Samsung was not willing to cover more repairs after a year, refused a return, etc. I have documentation regarding my letters to them, as well as too much time spent on hold waiting for help. I finally just gave up. Washes well, I cannot afford another one at this point. Fed up beyond belief and no one was willing to help us.

Original review: June 4, 2018

I purchased a Samsung fridge, microwave, stove, dishwasher, washer, and dryer in Oct. 2015. After 1.5 years I had to have my fridge fixed at my expense. Now today 2018 my dishwasher is not working. Can't get any satisfaction from Samsung. Have to cover the costs myself. So much for being a good customer.

Original review: May 12, 2018

We bought a whole new kitchen set, all Samsung. The dishwasher did not work from day 1. It arrives dead on arrival. We were renovating our kitchen so we were not able to install it until about a month and a half after receiving it from the store. It did not work. Lights just flashed on the display and that’s all it did. No one informed us when we bought the set that there was a 30 day replacement clause, Samsung insisted on fixing it and would not exchange it. 4 visits from a tech and a month and a half later the dishwasher is finally fixed.

They replaced all boards inside as well as the door switch and wiring harness. Still not working. We paid for a proper working dishwasher and are left with a refurbished unit if they ever get it working. Samsung was not helpful at all. Not willing to stand behind their products even when it arrived with a factory flaw. I would never buy a Samsung product ever again because of this terrible customer service and lack of standing behind their product. I would recommend that no one support this terrible company. You will get burned if you buy from them and have any issues.

Original review: May 10, 2018

We purchased the WaterWall dishwasher, three rack on March 22/2016. But we did not have it delivered until mid May because we didn’t move into our house until then. We actually paid 999.00 for it. Up until 6 weeks ago we had no problems with it. We are a retired couple with no children in our home. I would load and use the dishwasher about every 2-3 days. Being only two of us, it wasn’t over worked at all. The Famous 7 E code came to our attention. Not knowing a whole lot about the dishwasher I contacted Samsung and basically got told, I had no warranty.

To make matters worse I live 3.5 hours from a appliance repair company. Knowing we could not afford a call out fee for someone to travel to and from our home never mind the cost of the repair, we decided after reading so many complaints about this model we would buy a different brand. It would be cheaper in the long run. My only concern is that if you're going to buy a major appliance. Do your homework and look it up on the reviews. I wish I had done mine and I definitely wouldn’t have bought this machine.

Samsung Computers and Monitors expert review by ConsumerAffairs

For more than 70 years, Samsung has been an industry leader across all technology markets. Its investments in medicine, consumer electronics, finance, plant construction and more make it an all-in-one brand.

• Building better built-in options: Samsung only offers built-in dishwashers, producing six different models with two different washing styles.

• Rotary washing arms: Like most dishwashers, these models use a rotary arm to direct spray throughout the tub.

• WaterWall technology: This innovative take on cleaning uses a powerful wall of water to attack dried-on food residue.

• Adjustable racking system: Fit more pots and pans side-by-side with table settings using the adjustable racking system.

• Zone booster options: Direct the water pressure to where it is most needed with the zone booster.

• Best for: Homeowners and families