1.76/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Last updated: April 19, 2018

662 Samsung Dishwasher Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 19, 2018

I purchased 3 #Samsung appliances from a "BIG Box Store" #LOWES. DO NOT DO THAT, they do NOT service their appliances. ALL 3 pieces (which one has been in use LESS than 8 weeks) have a malfunction, from NOT working AT all, to the electronics board on the stove/oven working on & off. The manufacturer expects me to wait up to 2 weeks for repair service. OR I can PAY for the repair myself they said. These appliances have not been in use for 4 months yet & they do NOT WORK properly. LOWE'S only honors returns for 90 days, I am 20 some days too late, & #LOWES will not service them either, BUT I STILL HAVE to PAY LOWE'S for broken appliances. Their CS sucks! They could care less they sold me some lemons. The appliance repair company 15 minutes from me, will NOT service the appliances because they said #Samsung will NOT PAY THEM enough to cover their costs, UNACCEPTABLE! DO NOT BUY #Samsung appliances.

Original review: April 14, 2018

Samsung dishwasher Model DW80K705OUG: The absolute worse dishwasher of my life. Always has a terrible smell, loud noise and doesn't clean. Have called service 3 times for same issue; loud grinding noise, lights blinking and cannot turn off. Samsung will not fix or replace. Want our money back. Will NEVER purchase another Samsung appliance. Don't even want a replacement. Just money back to purchase another brand.

Get expert buying tips about Dishwashers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 8, 2018

I paid a thousand dollars for my dishwasher in 2015. I have not gotten one year's use out of it without something breaking down on it. In the first year, after many issues, we ended up replacing the board on it. The rubber mat on the top rack and some of the plastic clips in it broke down during the second year. Now the water wall is giving us problems. Customer service runs us through a simple troubleshooting guide just like the one on YouTube then says not their problem anymore, call a repairman. We've replaced the motor, the sensor and it still doesn't work. Looks like it is the computer board again. I will never buy Samsung again. I thought they were one of the best. I guess I was misinformed.

Original review: April 7, 2018

I have had my dishwasher for approximately 18 months and it stopped working. I called Samsung and they told me the warranty had expired but they would extend me a courtesy warranty. It seems like everything was going well. When the technician from Lakes Electronics came in he went right to the problem. The electrician brought the work order in already completed stating what the problem was and handed it to my husband. He already had his service sheet filled out and told my husband the board was bad.

He then said because you have bugs it voids the warranty. What a scam. I DO NOT have bugs. After reviewing some complaints it seems another customer had the same problem with the same company that Samsung sent to her home. They told her the same thing. Makes you wonder if SAMSUNG is using this company to not pay the warranty. They know the boards are bad on these dishwashers but refuse to repair them. Have you had this experience?

Original review: March 20, 2018

We bought a Samsung dishwasher (Model # DW80K705045) in March 2017 from Lowe's, after 15 years with a Bosch. Looking back now we should have done our research. We would have seen all the bad reviews. Christmas Eve the dishwasher went into failure mode. “Leak in System”. Within a few days the dishwasher worked again but 3 days later the same thing happened. It took 12 days for a repairman to come and determine the problem. We were told it would be a huge job that required a full day, the dishwasher motor would have to be rebuilt on my kitchen floor, and no guarantees that the repair would work. This repair will require my husband to take a day off from work.

Fast forward to 3/20 and we still do not have the part. According to Lowe’s the part has been in for 2 weeks now and we have not been able to schedule a repair. We are unable to use a different repair company because this is the one Lowe’s contracts out to. The dishwasher can only be run with few dishes and on short cycle. We don’t know when it will go out again. Numerous calls to Lowe’s and Samsung have gone nowhere. Neither company will back up the product. Samsung will not replace the dishwasher until 2 attempts to fix it have been made. Lowe's won’t offer a refund because we have to go through Warranty service for the first year of owning the product. The Warranty is through Samsung. Totally disgusted and frustrated.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Computers and Monitors?

Original review: March 18, 2018

Bought all new Samsung appliances about a year and half ago. Since then had to repair refrigerator and dishwasher. Luckily I bought an extended warranty on the fridge but nothing else. Called Samsung and ask if they would send the part for the dishwasher. I would take care of labor they refused. Will never buy Samsung again. They make nothing but JUNK!!

Original review: March 5, 2018

I bought a Samsung dishwasher in January 2017 for my rental property. It had a one year manufacturer warranty and in March 2018 the dishwasher started throwing a fault code and would not run. I had a technician come out. He pulled up the problem and told me that it would cost $500 to put a new sump pump. Which is more than I paid for the washer when I bought it. Apparently this is a ongoing problem with the Samsung dishwashers. Now I have to buy an entirely new dishwasher. My recommendation to anybody out there looking for a dishwasher is not to buy a Samsung.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

We purchased a set of Samsung kitchen appliances. Unfortunately, we purchased these before we moved into our home and shortly after we began to use the appliances, the warranty on some of the appliances had expired. Fortunately, the microwave had a longer warranty and we were able to have that fixed without charge. The dishwasher on the other hand had been one issue after another. We have had to make 3 service calls at our expense and the problem is not yet fixed. We have already spent enough to have purchased another dishwasher - and all we have to show is a broken dishwasher that can not wash a load of dishes. Very disappointed with this dishwasher and after reading the reviews of water soaked floors, I am afraid to risk having it looked at for the 4th repair... Probably better off to just purchase a new dishwasher, but what a waste of money this has been.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

I've had cheap dishwashers that did a FAR BETTER job than this overpriced piece of junk! I bought a mid-priced dishwasher with the hidden controls on top. It was very quiet, but found out it was quiet because it wasn't cleaning! I had the technicians come out (under 1 yr warranty) and they replaced the main board, saying that it wasn't activating one of the cleaning mechanisms. After running some diagnostics and saying it was now working correctly, I did another load of dishes. Although they came out a little bit cleaner, and I mean VERY LITTLE, it was still sub-par.

I now have to pre-scrub every dish and piece of silverware before washing, and even then, have to wash some again after the load finishes because of dried soap or debris that wasn't washed off. HORRIBLE DISHWASHER! Although I'm pretty satisfied with the other appliances I bought as a group (Stove, Microwave, Fridge), I will NEVER buy nor recommend a Samsung Dishwasher ever again. They need to stick to semiconductors and leave the appliances to other more experienced and reliable manufactures.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

I have a 3 month old Samsung DW80M2020 dishwasher. The flashing light on "Normal" was the reason called for service as that is a signal something is wrong. I troubleshoot everything that was possible for me to check, service was dispatched from a company name of Nisi. I was told machine was out of balance and that they corrected the problem. Wrong. The problem still exists. Dispatched another young man on Friday and he noted on my ticket that he adjusted drain hose and that I should have no more problem. Wrong. The light was still blinking. I called again and they gave me a repair ticket number and the phone number for the same company that was out 2 times already and they told me they would not come out because it was not installed properly, How did it work great for 2 months if it had not been installed properly. Customer service is non existing at Samsung in my opinion.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

I purchased this Samsung dishwasher because it is extremely QUIET but it does not clean as well as I expected with a full load. Small loads come out clean though, using Cascade detergent only!

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

We only had it 13 months when for no reason it turned itself on at 2 in the morning and flooded our kitchen. Samsung rep said it was not possible. But it did. It cost us a lot of money to repair our flooring.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

Samsung Dishwasher doesn't do a thorough job in cleaning even when set on long cycle and short cycle takes too long. I pretty much have to clean the dishes before placing them in washer and I use name brand dishwasher detergent.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

I just purchased a house with all new Samsung appliances, including the dishwasher. I am impressed with the Samsung, it is huge, and it cleans wonderfully. It's quiet, and I love the soft push buttons on the top of the door that are hidden from little fingers. It has great little chime noises that let you know when the load is done.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

This dishwasher is an expensive piece of garbage. I bought it this higher end one thinking it would last a long time. Silly me. It's barely 4 yrs old and is of course out of warranty (a generous 1 yr!) and has an electronic issue causing it to empty and shut down. No one works on Samsung appliances. Sooo, you have to contact them. My understanding is parts are expensive and not easy to obtain. Who would expect a basically new dishwasher was well cared for to break? I've got a $20 Mr. Coffee maker that's older than this $650.00 dishwasher that still works. Never. Again.

Resolution response: Feb. 6, 2018

After 3 visits from Samsung repairman on our 5 month old dishwasher from LOWE'S we were frustrated after 6 weeks of handwashing our dishes. FINALLY the service we were dealing sent a technician that knew what he was doing. Seems like in inner drain line needed to be replaced because the DW would fill but not drain which we were told is a common problem with Samsung DW. The short plastic drain hose has a check valve inside and gets stuck not allowing water to drain. Easy fix.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

After 3 visits from a appliance repairman for warranty service on a 6 month old Samsung dishwasher we might have found the actual reason it will not drain or run. Seems there is an inner drain line that has a check valve that failed and will not allow water on or out which explains why it will not empty water from the dishwasher. Tech will replace next week and will post them to update and hope that fixes the problem.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

We purchased the DW80 series stainless dishwasher less than a week ago & only used it twice. 2nd use it would not drain & leaked water all over the floor. Customer service at Samsung is of no help & warned me we will be liable for service charges for their technician to repair. This is a joke... the appliance is less than a week old! I bought a full set of Samsung appliances & should have better researched to learn of the poor quality of their products prior to purchase. Buyers BEWARE - invest your money with another manufacturer that has reputable service & quality!

Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

Sometimes I notice that my dishes are not totally clean. It's almost as if the washer skips cleaning some of them. I have to wash some of them over again.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

My Samsung dishwasher has the best feature, it opens right after it goes into dry mode to allow the steam to be released. This means my dishes are dry and not hot.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

Worst appliance purchase I've ever made. Required 3 repairs calls within the first months of owning. It does not clean dishes thoroughly and now leaks. It's less than 2 years old. Samsung needs to stick to electronics.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

Within two weeks of buying our new home, the brand new Samsung Dishwasher (Model DW80J3020US) malfunctioned when we were not at home, spilling gallons and gallons of water onto the floor. This resulted in our hardwood floors buckling and our master bedroom carpet needing to be removed and our entire house needing to be dried out. Samsung customer service took no responsibility for any of this ---- all they would tell us is the dishwasher was out of warranty. This is the one of the most horrific experiences we have ever had with a product ---- this company should be out of business and their customer service sucks worse than their appliances. I wouldn't even rate them with one star. NO ONE SHOULD BUY ANY SAMSUNG KITCHEN APPLIANCE.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

This dishwasher is only average. It could be doing a better job like some of the other models. Whirlpool makes a great dishwasher and I have had good results.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

Samsung dishwasher is a lousy dishwasher. The soap dispenser plugs up if you put plates in the front of the dishwasher. It doesn't clean the silverware very well. The racks are not convenient for the dish sizes. The top shelf that holds the glasses pulls out very hard so it is easy to break glasses as they bang into each other.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

Samsung dishwasher has a great capacity size. It is very quiet when operating and cleans as well as any others I've had over the past 40 yrs. The stainless steel look is very updated and it doesn't "stick" out from the cabinets. I would purchase this brand again. It is a good fit for a large family or someone who has lots of company!

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

This dishwasher makes it difficult to load plates and bowls into the bottom shelf. They slide into guides at an angle, straddling two rows and ending up crooked, requiring constant readjustment. Never encountered that before in any dishwasher. Also sometimes this dishwasher doesn't completely clean dishes, especially if food is dried on, say, between fork tines or on a plate rim. Yuck! Never had that before either. I would never buy this brand again.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2018

I love all Samsung products. My dishwasher is no exception. Very good performance and cleaning. It also looks good. It is quiet and cleans deep without a lot of pre-washing.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

I like that the Samsung dishwasher cleans the pots and pans since I have bilateral carpal tunnel! Very seldom do I have anything that clings to anything. Then it is only because I have days that I will drop everything and need to let them set a day soaked in water.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

Samsung dishwasher's expensive and I still have to wash and rinse before I use it. I thought Samsung was the best but very disappointed.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

Purchased it 6 months ago in black stainless steel. Very quiet and have noticed a somewhat smaller water bill. Adjustable baskets are great as well as the third cutlery basket/tray at the very top maximize the space. The turbo zone works wonders on difficult sticky dishes.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

My wife and I bought a quieter dishwasher but it does not get dishes clean. We had a noisier dishwasher with a garbage disposal inside that cleaned the dishes.

Samsung Computers and Monitors expert review by ConsumerAffairs

For more than 70 years, Samsung has been an industry leader across all technology markets. Its investments in medicine, consumer electronics, finance, plant construction and more make it an all-in-one brand.

• Building better built-in options: Samsung only offers built-in dishwashers, producing six different models with two different washing styles.

• Rotary washing arms: Like most dishwashers, these models use a rotary arm to direct spray throughout the tub.

• WaterWall technology: This innovative take on cleaning uses a powerful wall of water to attack dried-on food residue.

• Adjustable racking system: Fit more pots and pans side-by-side with table settings using the adjustable racking system.

• Zone booster options: Direct the water pressure to where it is most needed with the zone booster.

• Best for: Homeowners and families