1.49/5
Based on 83 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

683 Samsung Dishwasher Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

Last year at the Black Friday sale I purchase the French door Samsung fridge and a Samsung dishwasher. Terrible experience. Fridge and dishwasher came defective. I paid warranty on both. After so much trouble they finally fixed my fridge, which would make this terrible noise, like an old car. Now, with the dishwasher for which I paid 700 dollars, came with a defective rail on one of the trays, and also the door is defective. Neither Lowe's or Samsung have been able to help me. They said is nothing they can do. Even with the warranty. I haven't been able to use my dishwasher and I still making payments on it. Never in my life I will buy or recommend Samsung products again. And not at Lowe's either. They are the worst.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

I thought I was doing great by buying supposedly Better Appliances. WOW was I stupid. I bought a Samsung Stove which was off by 60%, was told by Samsung TOO BAD. Bought Microwave, Dishwasher which completely sucks, doesn't clean dishes, much less pots and pans, Washer and Dryer, basic quality at BEST, and a Fridge. Overall Samsung Quality is the worst, their Service and Warranty which is 1 year are the worst. DO NOT BUY SAMSUNG UNDER FOR ANY REASON. Their stock is going to drop, all the service people will tell you not to buy anything from Samsung. Must be a reason!!! I was in Home Depot and talked a person out of buying Samsung so I cost them 2 appliances. If we all complain to our friends about Samsung, they will self destruct.

Get expert buying tips about Dishwashers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

We have also been given the run around from Samsung about what seems to be a faulty product - their waterfall dishwasher. What a horrible company, I cannot believe they can stay in business. Our dishwasher is just two years old and quit working. After talking to several customer service agents on the phone, through email, and online, it is still not fixed. We had a local repairman come to look at it, he said it costs more to fix it than what it is worth at this point.

There are only two certified Samsung repair businesses in Indiana. The one in Fort Wayne told us they would not come and look at it due to the constant issues with Samsung. We have another one finally coming Monday - we hope (after 7 days of dealing with them to the point my husband was screaming at the customer service rep that was in India because they were asking completely irrelevant questions). If you are looking for new appliances, please do not purchase this brand. We had issues with our refrigerator also. They are poorly made, and Samsung has to have the worst customer service of any company on earth.

Original review: July 19, 2018

Recently purchased from Lowe's a Samsung dishwasher (Summer 2018 Model). Original price, 599.00. Had it professionally installed. It is relatively quiet compared to my old one, however it will not dry the dishes. It does have a heating element, but no matter what cycle is on, it will not drain entirely, so when the heating element turns on during the drying cycle, it just heats up the standing rinse water left in the bottom creating a huge amount of steamed rinse water and saturating the dishes. If I hold down the start button for 3 seconds it will "magically" drain entirely, but manually completes the cycle so drying is off. WET DISHES. I hope the appliance engineers at Samsung go back to R&D school, and definitely need to stay away from Samsung Audio Video electronics. They will surely ruin the only good product in the brand.

Original review: July 18, 2018

I purchased a Samsung dishwasher and 2 weeks out of warranty it failed and will not drain. I was told that they are sorry, but because it was purchased 1 year and 2 weeks before the failure, I will have to pay for all repairs. They said that they referred it to a company to have it repaired, but after a week had gone by and making multiple calls, I discovered they provided the repair company with the wrong phone number and email address for me. When I mentioned that I saw online that many people are having the same problem and that the dishwasher is built faulty, they told me that they appreciated my researching the issue, but it is out of warranty and basically, too bad.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Computers and Monitors?

Original review: July 13, 2018

Warning! My dishwasher broke within a year, under warranty. It's been 10 weeks, six technician visits, 25 hours of phone calls and dozens of emails and I still don't have a functional dishwasher. Plus, one of the technicians uninstalled it and didn't reinstall it, so it's not even attached to the counter anymore. In addition to all that, the cycle is nearly 4 hours long! Example of lies I have been told by this disgusting company after they replaced the motherboard, water wall and motor:

1. "Once a technician comes out twice, we deem it defective and give you a refund." It's been six times so far. 2. "Technician needs to come out three times before we can deem it defective." See above. 3. "It doesn't work because you aren't running the sanitize feature." Okay, still doesn't work. 4. "It doesn't work because you are using regular Cascade pods, not Platinum pods." Okay, still doesn't work. 5. "It doesn't work because you are using pods, not liquid detergent." Not according to Cascade, but okay, still doesn't work. 6. "It works." I don't remember having you over for dinner and you offering to clean up, Samsung, so how would you know that? It leaks, doesn't even get some dishes wet and doesn't dissolve the detergent, liquid or pod. Model DW80J7550UG. Garbage product from garbage company. Do your research (wish I had) and unless you like to throw away money, stay far away from this company.

Original review: July 6, 2018

The first error code (LC) happened about 4 weeks after install. A week wait for a tech, claimed no problem. Happened again about 5 weeks later. Again, no issue found. Happened again - replaced a part. Happened again. You get the picture. Sent a complaint directly to Samsung in May 2018 requesting replacement of faulty machine (Dishwasher 80M9 series). Was told they had only received ONE repair notice from us (we had logged in SEVEN at that point - since WE hadn't paid for any of the service calls, I have to assume Samsung did!). They sent someone out to repair AGAIN. Happened again in June. JUST had repair here to replace two parts - he was 5 minutes away from the house and it happened yet again. HORRIBLE company to deal with. This should truly be a "no star" review.

Original review: July 3, 2018

Samsung is absolutely the worst company I have ever dealt with. The runaround is not unusual but outright lies which they refer to as "misinformation." They offered me a store credit and went so far as to give me a number to fax my sales receipt to in order to facilitate said credit and later told me they don't even do store credits!!! Bought the dishwasher in 7/2017. Have had 3 repairs in 10 months and even when it's working it does a terrible job and I want it removed and a refund. They absolutely refused despite repeated phone calls even up to someone at the office of the president who gave me the same line. NO REFUNDS, exchange only. No thank you. Absolutely disgusted with this company.

Original review: June 21, 2018

I have seen many people comment on the spot weld that holds the seal to the waterwall dishwasher. The weld didn't even hold for 10 months before it broke. They sent someone out and they said we caused physical damage to the dishwasher. I have spent hours on the phone and they just mess with you by saying they will send a second opinion and then they won't actually do it. Very dishonest company! Bunch of scam artists. Don't buy Samsung products. They will break if they are dishwashers or explode if they're phones and they won't take responsibility.

Original review: June 18, 2018

Horrible!!! DO NOT buy a Samsung dishwashers!!! We bought a Samsung dishwasher in October of 2016 (model # DW80F600UTS). Almost immediately we noticed a putrid smell coming from inside the dishwasher. We tried every kind of cleaner from vinegar, store brand cleaners, lemon flavored Kool-Aid... you name it, we tried it. Called Samsung (can hardly understand a word they're saying) and they told me to keep the door open when not using it!? Seriously!?? Who does that??? Next we started noticing rusty spots on our silverware. Then within 6-8 months of getting it, it stopped working completely!

After going through a big hassle with customer service and having to prove to them we only had it for a couple of months, they sent someone to repair it, only to have it break down again a few months later!! But this time it was no longer covered under their 1 year warranty, so it cost us $147 to have a serviceman come out to tell us we needed a new part!

So then Samsung calls (again can barely understand them) and says they will replace our dishwasher. "GREAT" we think "They are FINALLY doing the right thing!" After all we have been without a working dishwasher now for over a month. BUT... the case will need to be reviewed first!? OK??? Well 3 weeks later, we get an e-mail saying it has been approved. So I call them to see what steps I need to take to get our new dishwasher. After being put on hold for at least 30 min. I am told they are unable to replace it because they no longer have our model in stock! WHAT!?! I was just told less than an hour ago it was approved!! What the heck!!!

So I asked to speak to a supervisor who is absolutely NO help. She just says all they will do is refund us the cost of our piece of crap dishwasher. So almost 2 months later we still do not have a working dishwasher and are out $147 for a repairman to tell us we have a piece of crap dishwasher! Samsung does NOT stand behind their products, and they certainly do NOT care about their customers!!!

Original review: June 14, 2018

Within 4 months this Model DW80F600UTS Samsung Dishwasher began to give misleading ERROR messages (High temp Heating error and Over-level Water error). Service calls were made twice while still under warranty only to have the errors re-surface. The only way we could get the dishwasher to work was to alternate washing cycles. Finally after 3 years of fighting with this dishwasher the pump began to leak and we threw it out.

Original review: June 13, 2018

We bought a Samsung dishwasher less than 2 years ago and it just stopped working. Samsung sent someone out to look at it and he told us it would be $600 to fix it and we would be better off buying a new one. He also charged us $99 to tell us that. When I called Samsung to try and get some money back, anything, they did nothing. You would think if you pay the prices they charge for their appliances they would work for more than 2 years. I had a GE for 23 years without ever having to have a service call. I won't be buying Samsung anymore.

Original review: June 6, 2018

We purchased a brand new Samsung dishwasher when we moved into our house in July of 2012. Within 5 months, there were 5 repairs done under warranty. Within a year, at least 5 more. Finally, one repairman told us the issue AND how to repair it. Samsung was no longer willing to cover any repairs as it was off warranty.

Jump ahead to 6 years later and I myself have repaired the machine over 40 times. One of the cords that connects the control panel to the rest of the machine is too short so it gets pulled every time a wash is done. After a few cycles, it disconnects. Just have to remove a few screws and reconnect. We paid $700.00 Canadian, brand new. Samsung was not willing to cover more repairs after a year, refused a return, etc. I have documentation regarding my letters to them, as well as too much time spent on hold waiting for help. I finally just gave up. Washes well, I cannot afford another one at this point. Fed up beyond belief and no one was willing to help us.

Original review: June 4, 2018

I purchased a Samsung fridge, microwave, stove, dishwasher, washer, and dryer in Oct. 2015. After 1.5 years I had to have my fridge fixed at my expense. Now today 2018 my dishwasher is not working. Can't get any satisfaction from Samsung. Have to cover the costs myself. So much for being a good customer.

Original review: May 12, 2018

We bought a whole new kitchen set, all Samsung. The dishwasher did not work from day 1. It arrives dead on arrival. We were renovating our kitchen so we were not able to install it until about a month and a half after receiving it from the store. It did not work. Lights just flashed on the display and that’s all it did. No one informed us when we bought the set that there was a 30 day replacement clause, Samsung insisted on fixing it and would not exchange it. 4 visits from a tech and a month and a half later the dishwasher is finally fixed.

They replaced all boards inside as well as the door switch and wiring harness. Still not working. We paid for a proper working dishwasher and are left with a refurbished unit if they ever get it working. Samsung was not helpful at all. Not willing to stand behind their products even when it arrived with a factory flaw. I would never buy a Samsung product ever again because of this terrible customer service and lack of standing behind their product. I would recommend that no one support this terrible company. You will get burned if you buy from them and have any issues.

Original review: May 10, 2018

We purchased the WaterWall dishwasher, three rack on March 22/2016. But we did not have it delivered until mid May because we didn’t move into our house until then. We actually paid 999.00 for it. Up until 6 weeks ago we had no problems with it. We are a retired couple with no children in our home. I would load and use the dishwasher about every 2-3 days. Being only two of us, it wasn’t over worked at all. The Famous 7 E code came to our attention. Not knowing a whole lot about the dishwasher I contacted Samsung and basically got told, I had no warranty.

To make matters worse I live 3.5 hours from a appliance repair company. Knowing we could not afford a call out fee for someone to travel to and from our home never mind the cost of the repair, we decided after reading so many complaints about this model we would buy a different brand. It would be cheaper in the long run. My only concern is that if you're going to buy a major appliance. Do your homework and look it up on the reviews. I wish I had done mine and I definitely wouldn’t have bought this machine.

Original review: May 6, 2018

We purchased a new Samsung (dishwasher) appliance set 2 years ago. Constant bad odors & not cleaning well. During that time I had service come out several times. They always said everything was fine. Suggested cleaning products etc. All of which I tried. Nothing worked. The smell of this unit was horrible. Finally got rid of it and bought a Kitchen Aide. Love it! No odors and cleans well. I will never buy another Samsung product.

Original review: May 5, 2018

I bought a Samsung dishwasher less than 2 years ago and what a piece of garbage. My previous dishwasher lasted 30 years and it was a Kenmore. I called a local repair company and they said they do not service Samsung as parts are very expensive and hard to get. I phoned Leon's in Collingwood where I got this junk and they gave me a phone number in Owen Sound. The technician came and told us something leaked onto the motor and would cost $600.00 to fix. So we paid $200.00 for service call and this piece of junk will go to the scrap yard. And unfortunately I bought a Samsung refrigerator and hopefully it will last more than 2 years. But I will be purchasing a different product very shortly and it will not be a Samsung brand.

Original review: May 4, 2018

We bought a three piece kitchen set a year ago. First of all, all three items have issues. This dishwasher is the worst. Error message after error message. Constantly. Now it doesn’t work at all. The water wall is off track. No repairman in our area will touch it. They say parts are ridiculously hard to find and expensive. Our oven is sitting in the dining room, broken as well, unable to use. If I could leave zero stars I would.

Original review: May 2, 2018

Bought all Samsung Appliances brand new. Dishwasher is continually throwing tantrums... Error code after error code. Very frustrating after you are spending nearly 2k on the machine! Fridge ice dispenser is not working due to ice blockage and apparently this is the KNOWN issue. All in all terrible brand! DO NOT BUY! Spend a bit more and get a reliable appliances. Wait why more, my fridge was 3.5k. :)

Original review: April 29, 2018

The dishwasher failed the first time last year in April, 17. We were on vacation... Kids shut off machine and shut off breaker in electric panel as noise would not stop. I came home and tried machine and it worked fine. Used machine normally for a few washes and the LE error occurred. This has happened every week since. Local repair companies do not want to come and fix it... Same comment... "It's a Samsung... No thanks!" (Universal and Totem Appliance Repair). Went online and found weird solutions due to moisture issue around motor which causes the LE error and unit to fail. Need to leave machine off with Electric Breaker off as well. Needs to be off for several days and up to a week!!! Sometimes as is this week. Very frustrating as "The Brick" (now Leon's owned) sold us this unit after our original purchase of a Brick House model failed after three months of use. No refund but had store credit to purchase another unit.

We bought the Samsung as it seemed to have the best features... Top rack... water wall... ultra quiet etc. Pretty useless features when you can't use the machine for days and weeks at a time!!! After having A Maytag for 14 years with no issues till a recall issue had a service tech ruin the machine. We then purchased the new model Samsung DW80H993 SERIES. The "5 Year Warranty sold us... So much for that. Never again. With no support from Samsung locally and authorized dealers that will not come out fix the problem as it is a design flaw I will buy other models.

Original review: April 19, 2018

I purchased 3 #Samsung appliances from a "BIG Box Store" #LOWES. DO NOT DO THAT, they do NOT service their appliances. ALL 3 pieces (which one has been in use LESS than 8 weeks) have a malfunction, from NOT working AT all, to the electronics board on the stove/oven working on & off. The manufacturer expects me to wait up to 2 weeks for repair service. OR I can PAY for the repair myself they said. These appliances have not been in use for 4 months yet & they do NOT WORK properly. LOWE'S only honors returns for 90 days, I am 20 some days too late, & #LOWES will not service them either, BUT I STILL HAVE to PAY LOWE'S for broken appliances. Their CS sucks! They could care less they sold me some lemons. The appliance repair company 15 minutes from me, will NOT service the appliances because they said #Samsung will NOT PAY THEM enough to cover their costs, UNACCEPTABLE! DO NOT BUY #Samsung appliances.

Original review: April 14, 2018

Samsung dishwasher Model DW80K705OUG: The absolute worse dishwasher of my life. Always has a terrible smell, loud noise and doesn't clean. Have called service 3 times for same issue; loud grinding noise, lights blinking and cannot turn off. Samsung will not fix or replace. Want our money back. Will NEVER purchase another Samsung appliance. Don't even want a replacement. Just money back to purchase another brand.

Original review: April 8, 2018

I paid a thousand dollars for my dishwasher in 2015. I have not gotten one year's use out of it without something breaking down on it. In the first year, after many issues, we ended up replacing the board on it. The rubber mat on the top rack and some of the plastic clips in it broke down during the second year. Now the water wall is giving us problems. Customer service runs us through a simple troubleshooting guide just like the one on YouTube then says not their problem anymore, call a repairman. We've replaced the motor, the sensor and it still doesn't work. Looks like it is the computer board again. I will never buy Samsung again. I thought they were one of the best. I guess I was misinformed.

Original review: April 7, 2018

I have had my dishwasher for approximately 18 months and it stopped working. I called Samsung and they told me the warranty had expired but they would extend me a courtesy warranty. It seems like everything was going well. When the technician from Lakes Electronics came in he went right to the problem. The electrician brought the work order in already completed stating what the problem was and handed it to my husband. He already had his service sheet filled out and told my husband the board was bad.

He then said because you have bugs it voids the warranty. What a scam. I DO NOT have bugs. After reviewing some complaints it seems another customer had the same problem with the same company that Samsung sent to her home. They told her the same thing. Makes you wonder if SAMSUNG is using this company to not pay the warranty. They know the boards are bad on these dishwashers but refuse to repair them. Have you had this experience?

Original review: March 20, 2018

We bought a Samsung dishwasher (Model # DW80K705045) in March 2017 from Lowe's, after 15 years with a Bosch. Looking back now we should have done our research. We would have seen all the bad reviews. Christmas Eve the dishwasher went into failure mode. “Leak in System”. Within a few days the dishwasher worked again but 3 days later the same thing happened. It took 12 days for a repairman to come and determine the problem. We were told it would be a huge job that required a full day, the dishwasher motor would have to be rebuilt on my kitchen floor, and no guarantees that the repair would work. This repair will require my husband to take a day off from work.

Fast forward to 3/20 and we still do not have the part. According to Lowe’s the part has been in for 2 weeks now and we have not been able to schedule a repair. We are unable to use a different repair company because this is the one Lowe’s contracts out to. The dishwasher can only be run with few dishes and on short cycle. We don’t know when it will go out again. Numerous calls to Lowe’s and Samsung have gone nowhere. Neither company will back up the product. Samsung will not replace the dishwasher until 2 attempts to fix it have been made. Lowe's won’t offer a refund because we have to go through Warranty service for the first year of owning the product. The Warranty is through Samsung. Totally disgusted and frustrated.

Original review: March 18, 2018

Bought all new Samsung appliances about a year and half ago. Since then had to repair refrigerator and dishwasher. Luckily I bought an extended warranty on the fridge but nothing else. Called Samsung and ask if they would send the part for the dishwasher. I would take care of labor they refused. Will never buy Samsung again. They make nothing but JUNK!!

Original review: March 5, 2018

I bought a Samsung dishwasher in January 2017 for my rental property. It had a one year manufacturer warranty and in March 2018 the dishwasher started throwing a fault code and would not run. I had a technician come out. He pulled up the problem and told me that it would cost $500 to put a new sump pump. Which is more than I paid for the washer when I bought it. Apparently this is a ongoing problem with the Samsung dishwashers. Now I have to buy an entirely new dishwasher. My recommendation to anybody out there looking for a dishwasher is not to buy a Samsung.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

We purchased a set of Samsung kitchen appliances. Unfortunately, we purchased these before we moved into our home and shortly after we began to use the appliances, the warranty on some of the appliances had expired. Fortunately, the microwave had a longer warranty and we were able to have that fixed without charge. The dishwasher on the other hand had been one issue after another. We have had to make 3 service calls at our expense and the problem is not yet fixed. We have already spent enough to have purchased another dishwasher - and all we have to show is a broken dishwasher that can not wash a load of dishes. Very disappointed with this dishwasher and after reading the reviews of water soaked floors, I am afraid to risk having it looked at for the 4th repair... Probably better off to just purchase a new dishwasher, but what a waste of money this has been.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

I've had cheap dishwashers that did a FAR BETTER job than this overpriced piece of junk! I bought a mid-priced dishwasher with the hidden controls on top. It was very quiet, but found out it was quiet because it wasn't cleaning! I had the technicians come out (under 1 yr warranty) and they replaced the main board, saying that it wasn't activating one of the cleaning mechanisms. After running some diagnostics and saying it was now working correctly, I did another load of dishes. Although they came out a little bit cleaner, and I mean VERY LITTLE, it was still sub-par.

I now have to pre-scrub every dish and piece of silverware before washing, and even then, have to wash some again after the load finishes because of dried soap or debris that wasn't washed off. HORRIBLE DISHWASHER! Although I'm pretty satisfied with the other appliances I bought as a group (Stove, Microwave, Fridge), I will NEVER buy nor recommend a Samsung Dishwasher ever again. They need to stick to semiconductors and leave the appliances to other more experienced and reliable manufactures.

Samsung Computers and Monitors expert review by ConsumerAffairs

For more than 70 years, Samsung has been an industry leader across all technology markets. Its investments in medicine, consumer electronics, finance, plant construction and more make it an all-in-one brand.

• Building better built-in options: Samsung only offers built-in dishwashers, producing six different models with two different washing styles.

• Rotary washing arms: Like most dishwashers, these models use a rotary arm to direct spray throughout the tub.

• WaterWall technology: This innovative take on cleaning uses a powerful wall of water to attack dried-on food residue.

• Adjustable racking system: Fit more pots and pans side-by-side with table settings using the adjustable racking system.

• Zone booster options: Direct the water pressure to where it is most needed with the zone booster.

• Best for: Homeowners and families

1938
Korea Sout
www.samsung.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business