Samsung Dishwasher

Compare Dishwashers

Research top Dishwashers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

We recently purchased a group of samsung appliances at lowe's. In new lenox illinois. Within one week the dishwasher flooded our kitchen with water. The lowe's corporate claims office approved a company paul davis to tear out the damaged kitchen. They did that and dried out the kitchen after waiting three weeks. The lowe's corporate claims handler jill ** approved this work. Then after all was torn out and dried she called us and told us lowe's is not covering our damage. This is truly a scam. She said they found a piece of glass in the drain hose. Remember this machine only ran a few times in a week. Well needless to say they will not fix my kitchen. They offered to pay for the litigation and the deductible but I need to use my own insurance! Can anyone help me on how to proceed? Very upset and will never tell anyone to use lowe's or Samsung again! If anyone can help please let me know. Thanks.

We bought our Samsung dishwasher thinking that all dishwashers were the same. This was just an upgraded appliance that would match our new refrigerator. Were we wrong! The LC code popped up one night after it drained out the water on our kitchen floor. No matter if I opened the door or closed it the dishwasher ran. I had to cut the power off to the dishwasher to get it to stop. Hours on the phone to Samsung only to be sent to some place for repairs that was over three hours away. Looked up reviews for this place and they were terrible. We ended up going back to Home Depot that night where we bought it from. No problem, they took it back and we purchased a KitchenAid for just $100 more. This was on a Sunday evening and we had our new dishwasher on Friday morning.

Home Depot stepped up big time on this one. Apparently there's been a lot of this going on and they weren't surprised but really couldn't say the words. When our installer came over he also couldn't say the words but did agree with the statement that Samsung dishwashers were the ones they replaced the most. I'll spend the time researching before our next appliance purchase. I guess appliances aren't all about the looks and the fancy technology now. Experiences from actual consumers tell the real story. Needless to say we won't be buying any products from Samsung.

Bought a Samsung dishwasher last year and it is trash! I have to run the dishes through the cycles twice and they still aren't clean. I followed all the instructions and it just doesn't work. The smell when you open it up, even if there aren't any dishes in the dishwasher is overwhelming! Will never buy another Samsung appliance again!

I bought this piece of crap dishwasher a year and half ago from Home Depot and it has been total garbage, does not dry dishes and poorly cleans them and worse of all it leaks from the front door which I can't seem to stop. I would love to have my money back but that's not gonna happen so good bye to Samsung products FOREVER!

Like many other reviews, Dishwasher constantly leaks at the seal on the bottom of door and the door for the soap rarely opens in the cycle. Dishes are always dirty at the end of the cycle. I usually have to run 2 cycles. We also purchased a french door/bottom freezer/water dispenser refrigerator. The ice maker is HORRIBLE. Makes terrible ice and does not dispense as cubes, comes out as crushed/broken and kind of fuzzy. Cannot wait to replace both.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Computers and Monitors?

Bought the Samsung Waterwall Dishwasher in Black Stainless Steel in July. It was not delivered on time, Lowe's claimed that Samsung sends it when they feel like it and doesn't adhere to the deadlines they themselves create. My refrigerator wasn't delivered until late August! We had our first dishwasher leak in August, had to replace the kitchen floor! The dishwasher has had many problems with cleaning, I've been told it's due to the distance between the washer and sink. So I basically use it as a sanitizer. Started leaking again, called Samsung, they sent the information to a contractor in town. Contractor ordered parts, 7-10 business days to get the part!!! Are you kidding me??? An emergency plumber could come take care of this today!!!

I've been on the phone with them for hours today, there is nothing they can do to speed up this process. The best they can do is turn my water off so it doesn't ruin my floor again! That's wonderful with a house full of people and Thanksgiving at my house. I bought brand new so I didn't have to deal with this. I guess Samsung just doesn't mean quality anymore.

I am an Appliance Specialist for a large national appliance store and I always tell my customers the truth. I am a believer of Samsung refrigerators, ranges, otr microwaves and washer and dryers but I always warn my customers about Samsung dishwasher service issues. I'm pretty sure that the salesperson that sold most of you a Samsung dishwasher mentioned that they were crap. With so many choices for dishwashers, you should have looked at Bosch first, Kitchen aid secondly then, LG, Whirlpool, GE and Frigidaire in that order. Leaving Samsung at the bottom. So anyone reading this post, please listen to your Appliance Specialist and avoid the frustration of repairing a Samsung dishwasher and please have confidence in the other Samsung appliances that are available.

After 11 months after buying a DW80F600 Series Dishwashers we had a leak under the door. Luckily we still had warranty. Two months after that we had flashing lights and it wouldn't finish washing. Of course the warranty ran out and got it fixed. Two days after that the same thing happened again. We had it fixed again and it was good for six months and different lights are flashing. We will never buy anything Samsung ever again. It's junk! Having problems with my Samsung Phone also. GARBAGE!

Samsung dishwasher a major POS! Even brand new out of the box it never worked right. A hole in the washer kept setting off the water detection alarm which shut the cycle off. Had someone out, couldn't find it... you know the rest. "Out of warranty. Good luck sir. Thank you very much!" I wouldn't pay to fix this garbage but I will put the cash down on some other brand.

SAMSUNG DMT800RHB - Multiple repairs from initial start-up. Substandard materials failing prematurely with insurance related home repairs that should fall upon manufacturer defect in engineering. Samsung knew they had engineered failures into this product so to eliminate defect they had safeguards like leak sensors built in. If you have one of these appliances out of warranty I would suggest cutting your losses and buying a different brand. Do not follow Consumers Digest, this was the consumer's best buy, top of their reports at the time. If Samsung dishwasher stock is high it's not because of quality, but ripping off the consumers.

Chronic door leakage under door from seal area. This has been looked at by repair people 4 times. The leak started 3 months after purchase. The repairs have lasted 2-3 months... The last time they replaced the door, it is still leaking on my wood floors, and now no longer under warranty.

I purchased a stainless steel Samsung dishwasher from PC Richard. I used it for almost 13 months until It started having problems with the blinking lights on the control panel. I contacted the store which then gave me the customer service number for Samsung. When I finally reached the help desk, I was told the warranty had expired and if I wanted a service tech to come fix the problem, it would cost $125 just to come and check what was causing the problem and then I would have to pay for new parts. This is a disgrace, since it was not even a month that the warranty had expired. I looked for recalls on this model#DW80F600 series. Customer service was rude and completely disacknowledged my complaint.

Terrible customer service. 7E report but no blockage. Service techs came to replace the motor. Didn't wait to see if it worked when they left. Still have 7E problem. This is after 3 weeks!! of washing dishes - that's how long it took for them to come.

Does anyone else have problems with the front door leaking out of the vapor collector inside the door? It is vented out the bottom and our Samsung dishwasher leaves a small puddle every time we wash. Samsung said it is because our house isn't warm enough. I especially like that one!! not.. We have placed a rubber backed throw and the tray from our George Foreman fryer to catch the water. Samsung says this can't be happening.

How can we all have the same terrible experience and nothing's done about it. Who do we have to complain to, to stop this? Besides not buying another Samsung product, how do we hurt their pockets. This is a rip off, this product isn't even a dishwasher, this is false advertisement.

WARNING: Buyer beware when purchasing Samsung home appliances. Within a couple of months of purchasing almost 2K of Samsung appliances; Dishwasher, stove and microwave the door on the microwave begun to melt. The cost to get new door was almost as much as the cost of a new microwave, Samsung denied warranty. The stove is horrible to use in every conceivable way. Their stainless steel is near impossible to clean and scratches easily. I purchased upgraded SS for fingerprint reduction, shouldn't have bothered. The dishwasher works intermittently at best then within a year the unit would not complete a wash/dry cycle. Worked around problem by manually running the pump, but eventually the "sanitize light blinks rapidly" would not reset without a hard reset at my electrical box. Now the machine will not complete a washing/drying cycle and I will be replacing.

Troubleshooting guide says it is a drain problem. We do not have a drain problem, pump problem or leak problem as suggested by hundred of complaints on this company's dishwashers. Samsung response was not to respond at all. Many complaints I read online included multiple visits by repair people who are unable to fix this and other issues with Samsung appliances. The cost of their parts is so high that again replacement is cheaper in the near short time period. Many complaints online state that repair people used a shotgun approach replacing everything imaginable and within a few weeks or months the problems came back.

Don't think the people who are complaining are a bunch of nut job, they are not. Samsung products are no longer on my list of products to buy. I have owned a lot of Samsung products but will never recommend or buy another one of their products until they own up to their problems. I am not holding my breath.

I bought a $550 Samsung Stainless Steel Dishwasher and then due to delays in the remodel and a simultaneous divorce, only got around to installing the unit just a year and a few days after my date of purchase. The unit gave an error code - bad pump, and never actually worked. Samsung customer support is the most rude, terrible support ever and there is no warranty based on install date, just on purchase date. Appliance repair said the parts cost for the pump is $350 and I'm better off throwing this unit away and buying a different brand. Have the same unit in a rental and it works but really doesn't clean well at all. Don't buy Samsung appliances.

Dishwasher is 2 and a half years old and does not finish washing cycle. The delicate light turns on during the wash, and the machine stops. We had a Sears tech come out, nice guy, replaced the float on the side and cleaned sensor. Still broken. Said it could be the control panel and replacement was over $300. I called Samsung and they said they couldn't help me. I spent 8 hours trouble shooting this piece of garbage and am looking forward to getting $5.00 at the dump for metal recycling when I tear it out. I will NEVER recommend or buy another Samsung product ever. Just look at their phones. CRAP!!

We purchased this Samsung Stainless Steel Model DW80F800UWS from Best Buy as a package deal along with a fridge, oven and washer/dryer. This dishwasher has been the only problem and has been defective in the first two months after our purchase. We had a drainage error code problem which a local company contracted with Samsung came out and replaced the part. After 6 months, they had to come out again and replace test another part. These both were under warranty. A third time the same sensor had gone out and they said it wasn't under warranty and that we would have to pay $350 to fix. This was almost half the price of the product.

We could not afford to fix the problem and after leaving it sit for 6 months and hand washing dishes I decided to test it to see if it would work and it has ran 5 full cycles. My only guess is that the sensor has to dry out. So after every time I wash I leave the door open to air dry the unit and wait almost 24 hours before loading it up and running it. This is a pain and I know that my working unit will soon give me that dreaded error code again and I'm back to hand washing dishes.

Samsung definitely should have a class action lawsuit against them for knowingly having installed faulty sensors that give out immediately and making owners annoyed but happy at a free immediate repair on them until warranty expires and then we have to spend hundreds on a part that probably cost them a few bucks to make. I'd also like to include that his unit has never successfully cleaned dishes. There have always been food residue along with wet dishes after the cycle has completed.

I actually had a repairmen tell me that with this unit I needed to wash the dishes before putting them in the dishwasher. Also, they told me to not use tabs but to use powder so I could add twice the amount of dishwasher cleaner needed to break down food particles. I also need to run the kitchen faucet awhile before starting to get the water hot it would wash better. I, like an idiot did all of these things. Maybe if I stand on one leg and twirl around it might make it work also.

Based on the ridiculous number of posts regarding this product and the routine failure of Samsung to resolve the issues, I am not going to waste a dime or a minute trying to resolve the problems. The equipment problems are similar to what many have reported. Takes too long to wash, wash quality is poor, doesn't dry well, and now won't shut off, had to kill the power. Bought the unit in April 16, 2015 from Home Depot. Class Action seems feasible. Will buy a new brand and wait for the settlement.

I have had this Samsung dishwasher for about two years. Until recently, I was satisfied with its performance. However, in the last several weeks, it has tarnished all the silverware in the dishwasher, turning it black. I have also found black "sludge" around the inside trim of the dishwasher. Has anyone else had this problem?

We have had to have our dishwasher serviced 3 times. Each time they did the same exact thing. This last time, they told me it was fixed. As I was getting ready to leave my house, I heard a weird noise. So I walked over to the dishwasher, the door was slightly open, and the dishwasher had turned on all by itself. I hit the power button and it turned off for a second and turned back on. I could not get it to power off. I had to flip the breaker to this equipment. I have had to miss 3 days of work, they tell me AFTER at least a total of 5-6 hours of being on hold, or calling, that this is an extended warranty issue.

They have the worst customer experience. This machine is less than 18 months old and has been serviced 3 time and still NOT working. I would highly recommend to anyone in the market for an appliance to stay clear of Samsung, unless you are wanting to spend many days frustrated. This is a still ongoing issue and I have zero confidence that they will actually fix it for me.

I have a one year old Samsung dishwasher and was just told it would cost me $600 to repair it. Of course the warranty just expired...I bought it from Home Depot last year and within 2 weeks was having a problem with it, wouldn't drain, didn't clean well, smart auto error, technician came out to repair and not surprising this wasn't the first time he saw this issue. I wanted to replace it, but of course Samsung wouldn't do that and had to settle for the repair. It is next to impossible to talk to anyone who knows anything at Samsung. ZERO customer service satisfaction! Technician told me to call Samsung and see if they will pay for parts and I would just pay for the labor...I would rather have all my fingernails ripped off than to make this phone call as we all know how this will end! I am so frustrated and angry with Samsung. How do they get away with this??? I would like to take my complaint further, any suggestions? Maybe the BBB? Has anyone attempted this.

I purchased the top of the line dishwasher from hhgregg. It does not dry the dishes. I called Samsung. Was told the dishwasher has to get accustom to rinse aid. It's designed to help the water evaporate, and it supposed to stay wet in the inside. I explained to the representative that I was using rinse aid. She said but the dishwasher has to get use to it. Is it just me that think this is the craziest thing ever? So after 20 mins and speaking to her manager they agreed to have someone come out to repair it. I'm sure this will not be the end of this.

My story is similar to Eli from Vancouver. Bought this d/w in 2014. Was good for 4 months--lights started blinking. Called Samsung, they said needed a new computer board which they did replace. That was good for another 4 months. Then the d/w wasn't drying and draining properly. I have read that book so many times I could take a test and get a 100%. It would be faster to wash the dishes by hand. Then there is the smell. I have to run baking soda and vinegar in it every two weeks to keep it under control.

Now I have more flashing lights--I am done. I am taking my loss and buying a Bosch. This was the worst experience ever. Life is complicated in the 21st century. We depend on these luxuries to make things a little easier. I do not need this stupid stress. I bought the stove and refrigerator too. Stove so far okay. Refrigerator not great either but I won't go on about that right now. The dishwasher is a big BUST!!! Avoid the stress. I wish I had the time because judging from the amount of entries on this site, the dishwashers are a real mess and a class action suit would make sense. Besides, by time it would be settled, I would be dead.

I bought a Samsung dishwasher from Home Depot last year. Screws have fallen out so that it wobbles and leans forward when putting dishes in and out of the washer. I complained to the store when it was only 6 mo. old. They told me to call the Samsung. The company told me to call the installer which Home Depot supplied and could not tell me who it was. No one would take responsibility. So I paid approx $400.00 for a dishwasher that is always wobbling.

We purchased this dishwasher as part of a package deal at Home Depot. We have had serious mold issues with this machine. Now it has an error message, water overload, that on further review, is a known problem with this machine. I have contacted Samsung thru their Facebook site, and was basically told "We are sorry about your frustrations." They refuse to replace or repair this machine. I would like to see who all would like to get involved with a class action law suit. This product is a serious piece of junk, and the company refuses to do anything about it.

I purchased my Samsung dishwasher model number DW7933LRASR in November 2014. Within the first year the circuit board went. When I called the repair company and explained the problem they knew right away to bring the new board as others had same issue. Within a few months of the repair and after the warranty was out the same problem occurred. This time I have to pay to have the company confirm its the same problem - if it is Samsung will pay for the board but I have to pay for the repair (the company is in another town an hour away so probably cheaper to buy a new dishwasher!). I purchased a double oven stove and refrigerator too - no major issues but not 100% happy so would not recommend any Samsung home appliances. The dishwasher is certainly problematic and Samsung does not care about its customers!!!

Terrible, terrible. We purchased this but we didn't install or use it for 12 months. From the initial washing it didn't drain - left nasty water in the bottom of the tub. (Called Lowe's/Samsung but we missed the grace period by 2 days.) Had a repairman out twice but he can't fix it. Now I'm finding that based on this terrible specimen, do not buy any Samsung dishwasher.

It broke, then broke again and again and after the one year warranty was up nobody could fix it for more than a week and absolutely no satisfaction from the company. The top water sprayer fell off three time and at $70.00 each if you do it yourself. It leaked twice and now I just keep getting errors and it stops. Save money by buying another company's product that has a better reputation.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

For more than 70 years, Samsung has been an industry leader across all technology markets. Its investments in medicine, consumer electronics, finance, plant construction and more make it an all-in-one brand.

• Building better built-in options: Samsung only offers built-in dishwashers, producing six different models with two different washing styles.
  • Rotary washing arms: Like most dishwashers, these models use a rotary arm to direct spray throughout the tub.
  • WaterWall technology: This innovative take on cleaning uses a powerful wall of water to attack dried-on food residue.
  • Adjustable racking system: Fit more pots and pans side-by-side with table settings using the adjustable racking system.
  • Zone booster options: Direct the water pressure to where it is most needed with the zone booster.
  • Best for Homeowners and families