Samsung Dishwasher

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Samsung Dishwasher Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Dishwasher?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Computers and Monitors?

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

This dishwasher works alright except dish rack are junk. They started rusting after about year and half and have gotten so bad can no longer use. Samsung will do nothing about this and they expect you to spend $400.00 for replacement racks on a $500.00d dishwasher. DISHWASHER HAS ONE YEAR WARRANTY THAT DOES NOT COVER RUST, SO STAY AWAY FROM SAMSUNG. THEY SELL JUNK

Original review: Oct. 28, 2021

We have been using this dishwasher for two years and regret the day that we bought it. The only positive thing we can say is that it’s quiet. If you like doing separate loads for plates/small items and a separate load for pots & pans /storage containers then this unit is for you. PROBLEMS: The lower rack at front has a set of three rows of tines that don’t allow for easy placement of small plates. If you try to use the front and middle rows, they are too close to the front of the rack for anything but saucers. (If you use saucers) If you try to use the middle and third row, your small plates interfere with the dinner plates. (The tines for the dinner plates are slanted in the opposite direction from the small plates)

Also all the tines have the wrong slant for North American plates. If you try to add a pot, the tines are too close together for it to fit properly. (There is a feature where you can fold down the plate tines to fit the pots but then there is no place for plates.) The upper rack guide roller retainers protrude and cut your hands if you are not careful. If we could afford to toss this dishwasher out, we would have done so on day two! We like it even less after two years.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2021

My dishwasher has not given me any problems. It is quiet and gets the dishes clean. I like it. It is about 4 years old. Thank You. I really don't have anything else to say about it. It works really well. Easy to clean...

Original review: Oct. 12, 2021

I will never buy another Samsung product again! The high-end dishwasher stopped working after three months! They gave us a run-around about the warranty. They tried to say it was an electrical issue and would not send a repair person out until we hired an electrician. The electrician we hired verified it was a bad control panel and not our fault. They finally sent out someone and they confirmed. They were supposed to come back in two weeks to install the new part. We have called over 20 times and Samsung does not return phone calls and claim they will help and then do not respond. They have horrible customer service. We were warned that they never stand behind their warranties, but we bought anyway. Big mistake on our part! We will never buy Samsung again! Please do not make the same mistake we did!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2021

I've had several brands of dishwashers in the past, but my Samsung is the best of them all. It's quiet, has great features, works great and it's similar in price to others. However, the flatware holder is VERY basic and should be much better for the price point. (I took the one out of my builder-installed basic dishwasher because it was so much better!)

Original review: Oct. 9, 2021

I will never buy another Samsung dishwasher again. The inside baskets started rusting falling apart and the replacements cost over $200.00 for the top & $200.00 for the bottom.! The dishwasher also makes a squealing noise near the end of the cycle! The Samsung dishwasher cost us over $1000.00 dollars, it’s not worth the aggravation!!

Original review: Oct. 8, 2021

Going on two years since we purchased, but have used it approximately 1 year due to constant not working. Even had the company we bought from cone and get it and take it to the repair shop, only to get it back and something else is wrong. Never has cleaned top rack well, then wouldn't drain, and now no water to top rack. I have become an expert at taking apart and putting it back together. Seriously, buy a different brand.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2021

We have had other appliance brands before and their reliability has been terrible. We own 4 Samsung TV's, Samsung washer/dryer, Samsung Fridge and the LATEST PURCHASE: Samsung dishwasher. We are very happy with our Hi-tech dishwasher. Even our grown children own Samsung products. Highly recommended!

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

Hard to set up the top shelf without glasses without them tipping over and, sometimes cracking. Dishes often still have food on them after a cycle and cycles take forever. The machine is loud and the "stainless" door always looks smeary no matter what is used to clean it.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2021

I am reporting Samsung for a deceptive warranty and service. I purchased a new dishwasher on Aug. 20th. It was installed on Sept. 14th. On Sept. 22nd I noticed it was leaking and not washing. I called Home Depot and they sent a technician out to my house. They found that the back case of the dishwasher was broken and it was leaking water into my cabinets and into my living room.

I called Samsung and was told that since I didn't report the damage within 48 hours they would not be replacing it. I called Home Depot and Kimani at corporate said they had a lot of issues with Samsung not standing by their warranties. She was able to connect me to the warranty department. The warranty for the unit is 90 days in writing in their paperwork.

The warranty department wrote up a ticket and said they needed to send their own technician out to see the unit. They came out 10/1 - the technician barely spoke English. I showed him the damage. Samsung called me to say that the damage is not their fault and they are not replacing the unit. I have a claim with my homeowner's insurance to fix the water damage which is around $4,000 and I have a broken dishwasher. They are not willing to stand by the warranty and replace the unit.

I am out several thousand dollars and no dishwasher. This is very deceptive. I am hearing more and more cases about this type of service from Samsung. I am in the process of contacting Home Depot. I wanted to report this, because it fraudulent business practice. I hate to see more people affected by this type of business practice. I can't believe this is legal.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2021

Purchase this Samsung dishwasher for my new addition at the end of 2017. It has never been a good product. It does not clean well at all and in fact the first time I had a repair person out all they told me to do was to push every single button feature on the dishwasher and make sure that my water was already hot before I used it. It is a total piece of garbage. Now today I had to have another repair person come at the cost of $120. I was informed that the main power unit has gone out and just for the part is $450. Needless to say, I have to purchase a new one and it sure as hell will not be a Samsung. This is the worst dishwasher I have ever seen.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2021

My wife and I bought the beautiful new dishwasher and from day one using it the machine doesn’t wash our dishes. If I could give this dishwasher a negative rating I would. It doesn’t deserve a 1 star. We’ve had 3 service calls where techs can’t find anything wrong with it once they run their diagnosis. The tech have given us advice on different types of washing cycles or soap to use and our dishes continue to come out dirty. We’ve even been hand washing prior to putting them in and still come out filthy. Samsung has been horrible to deal with as they just continue to say there is nothing more they can do for us at this time even though they understand it’s not washing. I would never purchase from them again as they do not stand behind their products. I’m not asking for much. Just a dishwasher that washes the dishes. Service ticket number # **.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2021

It is pleasing to the eye but does not clean worth a flip. I have tried different products and rinse. Very frustrated with having to hand wash dishes after using. What a waste of money. Should have done better research instead of going by the brand name. Now I am stuck with a crappy product. Please don't make the same mistake I made.

Original review: July 14, 2021

I purchased a Samsung dishwasher from Home Depot in April. I had to wait about a month and a half to even receive it. When it finally did arrive, it arrived with a broken piece in one of the main water dispensers, so it's impossible to use it. The very next day I called to make a replacement. I was told someone was going to call me within 48-72 hours while they processed the issue. I never got a call. So I kept calling back once or twice a week, and each time I voiced my problem, and that I had already called, and that I was waiting for a replacement. Every time it was a different representative, so I had to explain myself every single time. I let them know that I just want it replaced. They tell me "I understand your frustration, I'm trying to help you resolve this issue" but it's a lie, nothing gets done. I'm now on week six of trying to STILL replace my brand new broken dishwasher.

Original review: June 17, 2021

1. Purchased Samsung dishwasher (DW80R2031US/AA, SKU: 6336699) from Best Buy, at Reston, VA on 03/06/2020 with paid installation & haul away, installation kit, and gasket bundle. 2. Delivered on 03/10/2020. 3. Leaking problem being identified and fixed by Samsung service on 10/4/2020 with ticket# **. 4. Leaking issue occurred again in late May, 2021. Samsung offered one time accommodation service to cover labor and parts with ticket# **.

5. Technicians from TWO different service centers stopped by and claimed the fix can’t be done. The reason from the first technician was that the kitchen floor needs to be re-modeled in order to pull the dishwasher out. He also stated that it would take him 2 hours to fix the leaking problem and he had no sufficient time to do the work (which makes no sense?). When I mentioned that there was no issue with the kitchen floor during the instillation process and during the first time Samsung came over to fix the leaking issue on 10/4/2020, the technician had no response and left.

6. Another technician from a different service center stopped by about one week later and claimed that the damage is not under Samsung’s manufacturer warranty. In addition, he couldn’t explain what the root cause of leaking was. The cost estimate to fix the leaking problem by the second technician was also outrageous.

As a customer, we purchased a Samsung dishwasher, used it for about 6 – 7 months, then started having leaking problems. We tried to get this fixed, but the leaking problem occurred again after about 14 months. Samsung then told the customer to contact the technician directly to get problem fixed, all at the customer’s own cost. I have dishwashers made by other manufacturers at my other properties and they still work great. It is worth noting that some of these non-Samsung dishwashers have been working for 15 years.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

It is reliable, energy efficient, quiet in operation. As with any Samsung product these products are well made to be reliable and tend to outperform and outlast the computers on all counts. Simply put Samsung products are superior to most other goods manufactured by the competition.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2021

Bought this item from Home Depot. have mostly Samsung products so I trust the brand and didn’t buy the extended warranty. My bad. The error code indicated that a leak was detected. Brought in a repairperson who quoted $400 plus to repair (water intake value) he stated that they go out so much the part was backordered for months.) Showed me the cracked part. we are a household of two so this isn’t heavy use item. So disappointed to read of other persons with similar experiences. I will continue to trust Samsung but not with my kitchen appliances. Am currently researching my choices. Any input would be appreciated.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2021

Samsung items are very good. I never had an issue with any this name. But other like Sharp Frigidaire are total let down. Never come thru as they stated. They start out great but after 1 year no good. I would not recommend

Original review: Feb. 19, 2021

Strongly disliked from the first load of dishes. If I wasn't so handy to do all the fixing myself this dishwasher would have gone to the dump already. This dishwasher is so very picky on how the dishes sit in the racks; often have to rewash dishes that were cleaner going in. Have used dishwasher cleaners too. Miss my old Whirlpool.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2021

I have owned this Samsung dishwasher for a year. Does a beautiful cleaning all the dishes. Economical to run. Has run flawlessly since day one. Very quiet running unit also. My wife and I are very happy with the machine.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2021

Poor results on any appliance involving water or microwaves. Woks ok at first, lots problems following. Would not buy anything Samsung unless an electronic device or a refrigerator. Those seem to last and perform well.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2021

Fantastic features, quick and easy to use and an all round great product for a family who are busy and need to quickly get tasks done. They also look sleek and fit nicely in any home. Finally they come with a very good warranty and support system if you ever have any issues.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2021

Works great and QUIET! Easy to load and the controls are simple to use. Looks good (black stainless steel). Seems to be energy efficient and the time to wash a load is comparable to other brands. The price is similar to other higher end dishwashers.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2021

Broke down not even 2 years. Had to replace the pump. I researched and there are many complaints for the same reason. Spent a lot of money to replace parts. I would never again purchase Samsung appliances. Same problem with my Samsung stove.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2021

I really hate this dishwasher. It has the water wall way of delivering water to the lower rack. It does not do a good job on either dishes or flatware causing me to have to prerinse everything. As a single person it is easier to just handwash.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2021

My dishwasher has a lot of features with options that come in handy. A heavy scrub at high temperature is very good with greasy pans. A regular wash is also very good for just dishes, glasses and flatware. So far I have no complaints, it seems to do the job well.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2021

I bought a new dishwasher model DW80R2031 in Dec 2020. I HATE this dishwasher. The prongs on the racks are angled and so close together that I cannot fit my dishes in. On the top rack my glasses do not fit in the shall rows and need to sit over one or two of the prongs. Because of that they knock against each other during the wash cycle. I am surprised that none of them have broken yet. On the bottom rack the prongs are so close together that the platters and lids to my pans do not fit unless I bend the prongs. Because all of the prongs are angled juice pitchers and pans have to just balance on top and hope they don't move during the cycle. I have to wash lots of dishes by hand because I can't fit get them to fit in the dishwasher. If I could take it back I would. I will never buy another Samsung appliance again.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2021

Samsung Model DW80K7050UG/AA-0000 failed twice in two years:

- Touch screen failed to respond

- Top sprayer wand bearing failure

The touch screen failed to respond unless the power was reset. This got progressively worse until we had to replace the dishwasher with a Maytag. The display board was $150, but the problem might’ve been in the main control board which contain the power supply. Since it was out of warranty the repair may have cost $300.

After a year of ownership, the top sprayer wand bearing failed because it was ground down by debris picked up by the dishwasher. I consider this a design defect. Fortunately this was under warranty repair but the dishwasher was out of service for about two weeks. Being an engineer, I deem this to be a design failure where on filtered water was put into a bearing which ground the plastic down until the bearing failed. I am no longer a believer and Samsung dishwashers.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2021

I purchased this dishwasher October of 2020. The first time I ran it, error code OC flashed and the dishwasher would not complete washing. A plumber came and checked the waterline/connections and Samsung came out and replaced the motherboard and the issue remains. It has now been 3 months and the problem has not been resolved. Samsung will not replace this because they have not actually seen the error code on the dishwasher. To run a full cycle from start to finish before the error code stops the cycle, I have to run it 3-4 times before it will fully run through a full cycle.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2020

In 2015, we purchased a $1200.00 Samsung Dishwasher, model DW80J755 Series, and started having problems in April of 2018 with an error code LC. The repair was made under warranty and also was found that the dishwasher had faulty installation of the waterline, which was crimped. The same error code LC, was again present on the dishwasher of June 2019. Once again, a repair was done to rectify this problem and it was under warranty. Forward to November 2020, and for the third time in as many years, the error code LC came up.

The dishwasher is no longer under warranty by 3 weeks. A call to the appliance store we bought it from, said they would send an estimator out for $175.00 just for an estimate which didn’t cover repair, labor or parts! A call to Samsung’s Customer Service on Nov. 23rd, had the gentleman tell me because this has been an ongoing problem for the last 3 years, we qualify for a new dishwasher. The process was to give me a ticket # (**), send it for approval and someone would call & email me within 3-5 business days.

As of today, Dec. 3rd, no one has contacted us and so I called Samsung to get an update only to be told that it is still being reviewed. Then I was told that they couldn’t accommodate us with repairs or a new dishwasher. Then they put me over to their Exchange & Refund team where Chris pretended, he didn’t hear me talking after saying Hello, Hello, Hello, 3 times, and he hung up on me. So, here we are with a $1200.00, 5-year-old dishwasher that has had the same error code 3 years in a row and have gotten no satisfaction from the manufacturer and no use of the dishwasher for almost 2 weeks!

Samsung Dishwasher Company Information