1.21/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

446 Samsung Stove-Oven-Range Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

We got a Samsung Convection Range less than two years ago. It blistered on the bottom and the paint peeled off. It looks horrible. They won’t stand behind it saying it’s cosmetic. That is minor compared to the burning smell and smoke that goes through my kitchen and house when I use the oven. I can’t use the oven anymore for fear of a fire. They will not stand behind their faulty product!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

I purchased a Samsung range in November 2018. In January 2019, the range will not work. Samsung stated that the warranty has expired. Horrible customer service and horrible products. I will never buy anything Samsung again.

Get expert buying tips about Ranges, Ovens, and Stoves delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

Researched before purchasing, didn't find bad reviews. Bought 4/2018. Did first cleaning in December. Oven stopped during first cleaning and door wouldn't open. Contacted Samsung and they told us that the warranty had expired in 2017! Before we had purchased the appliance! It then took lots 10 days to get someone to come to fix it. When asked if this would happen again with cleaning mode, he replied that it probably would. Now, I ask, "What good is the self cleaning feature on an oven, if you can't use it?" He also said that this is common with Samsung ovens. Ralph Nader, where are you?

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

Purchased my gas range 3 years ago. Paint on bottom of oven has blistered and starting to rust and also spider like cracks. Contacted Samsung and won't do anything saying it's physical damage. Yeah like l did it. Haha. Don't purchase these expensive products. They are garbage and don't stand behind defective products. No wonder our landfills are full. It's due to companies like this who make products that don't last. I remember having appliances for over 25 years and only got rid of them because the color went out. And they didn't get dumped because they still worked and were passed onto the needy.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

The Grates on my Samsung stove have rubber mounts that hold them in place. Once the grates heat up the rubber mounts fall off, Now it’s dangerous because the grates slide all around. The grates were replaced by Samsung but in a short time the rubber mounts fell out again. Now it’s over year old... it’s a manufacture defect. Rubber and metal don’t work with heat. We can’t use our stove the way it is, Now what??? I would not recommend this stove to anyone.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Computers and Monitors?

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

Model number NE59H7630ss. We purchased this oven on July 17 at Home Depot. The oven stopped working yesterday. This appliance was gently used by us. Home Depot site gives this 5 stars. When I went to leave my review it doesn't show. Very disappointed in this product.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

My less than 5 year old Samsung range, model# NX58H5650WS caught on fire when I used the self clean feature for the first time. Within 15 minutes the oven started emitting white smoke. Then flames appeared. Had to call the fire department to come and pry the door open to put out the fire, since the door locks automatically when the self clean feature is turned on. They claim this is a safety feature. Not so sure. I couldn't put out the fire myself. This was a gas range and was afraid of an explosion.

I will never ever buy another Samsung product. My Samsung refrigerator, dishwasher and now the range are all lemons. I bought the service contract for 5 years and the servicemen have been out to fix the refrigerator and dishwasher at least 10 times. But the range took the cake. I almost burned down my house. Very upset as to how these appliances can be sold. Had to put a $10,000 claim into my insurance company so that ServPro could come out and get the smoke damage and smell out of my house. Beware of these cheap Samsung appliances. If I could give these products a zero star rating I would.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

We purchased this range NX58J770SS/AS on the first week of November 2018. That week I worked late all week and didn't use the oven. The next week went on vacation. So back Thanksgiving week, cooked the Turkey and after that may have used the oven 3 or 4 times. So on Dec 18 I decided to bake croutons, top part of oven 400 degree, with about 3 tablespoon of oil on a baking sheet. After 10 min. thought they were done, shut the oven off. Then decided to put them in again for more crunch, turned the oven on. Turned around and in seconds the smoke alarms go off, and look in the oven and blazing flames coming from oven. Turned oven off and thank God my husband had a fire extinguisher out in the garage!

Smoke was bad and now white stuff everywhere. Of course called service in the morning, and told them the same story. They sent a repairman Dec 24, took pictures and video for the technician people. I didn't get an answer from them by the end of that week, so I called them to see what their answer was. Their answer was is cosmetically injured. Ask them what that meant, there was oil on the back part of the oven. I said first it was cooked off. And 3 tablespoon of oil would of not caused a blazing flames. So now I have an oven that was told not to use by the repairman, and the people we purchased the oven from. The person I talked to said that was their decision, and end of that story. First I cook for a living and never saw a brand new oven cause that type of flame!

Original review: Dec. 25, 2018

From the first day it was installed, the door does not close properly. At the top it is out by 1/2 inch and only closes properly when the self-cleaning oven feature is used. It's like there are no springs to pull it in like other ovens that we have owned. Poor design or poor assembly. Don't know???

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

The stove is difficult to use... Difficult and complicated selection panel which is hard on the hands and has to be pushed 2 to 3 times for make selection. Difficult to figure out model number which is in a stupid location. OVEN WARMER. My advice is DO NOT BUY A SAMSUNG APPLIANCE. Service is terrible and the people do not listen or speak proper English when supporting English Canadian Customers...and yet the company charges top dollar for this premium stove that I would not even pay $5 dollars for. Not worth the money.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

My Samsung gas stove stopped working just past the two year mark. As I was about to put a holiday dinner for 14 into the oven I discovered that my oven was not working. The igniter had to be replaced and with the service call, the total bill was just short of $400.00!!! I am very disappointed with this product. I have had other stoves in other homes and I have never experienced such a poorly made appliance. The customer service representatives at Samsung Canada were completely unhelpful. I will never buy a Samsung appliance again! It is outrageous to have to do such an expensive repair on a relatively new stove. I might add that the stove is lightly used in a household of two adults.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

Bottom of oven blistered and flaked off in less than 90 days. When I contacted Samsung for warranty work, they wanted to charge me as they consider this "cosmetic damage". How do classify the failure of your enamel bond as "cosmetic damage"? Samsung is living down to its diminishing reputation. I will never buy another Samsung product.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

I have had my Samsung stove in my house for 9 weeks and have had two different service requests during that time. After a month the entire top stopped working. No burners. It was repaired and I was thankful. 7 weeks into the use of my stove, I turned on the oven and after 5 or so minutes smoke started billowing from it and a terrible burning smell filled the air. There was nothing in my oven at the time and the smoke was actually coming from the back. With the assistance of my husband I pulled the stove away from the wall to see flames pouring out the back of my stove. We got it unplugged and the flames out. Had I not been in the room at the time, my kitchen would have gone up in flames.

It has been two weeks since that incident and I still do not have stove. Samsung came across as caring at the beginning and sent a service technician, but they will not respond to me anymore. The service technician recommended a replacement of my stove but Samsung issued a repair order. Samsung connected me to someone in management via email, but they won’t acknowledge my concerns or even respond to my emails. It is an absolutely terrible product, and terrible customer service. This was my first and last Samsung appliance purchase. Do not buy this stove.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

We bought all new Samsung appliances one year ago. From the beginning the oven(s) would not maintain a consistent temperature. We took out the divider to make it a single oven as someone suggested, but that did not help. Two different service companies came and changed the thermostat and everything else they could to no avail. The last tech said he was sure the company would replace the stove because of the wild fluctuation in oven temperature, but he was wrong. The company said that a 30 degree variation in temperature was "within acceptable parameters." I would like to see them bake something edible within their "acceptable parameters." We are now stuck with a $3000 lemon.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

My husband and I purchased Samsung dishwasher, oven, microwave, and oven 4/10/2017. We do not use harsh cleaning products on our appliances. We have contacted Samsung about the matter and they refuse to fix it at no charge. It looks horrible. The oven has a huge paint peel spot and the other parts of the oven. The microwave looks like someone scraped a knife along the bottom of it. This was a huge waste of our hard earned money and will never buy another Samsung ever!

Resolution response: Dec. 14, 2018

We decided to contact Samsung again and after a lengthy conversation, the representative assisted us and took our concerns seriously. They offered to assist us with the problem. Thank you!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

We purchased our well rated Samsung range and fridge last year, on October 3, 2017. (We really wish we had seen the reviews on this site) After using the self cleaning option in early November which was just about a month past the expiration date of our one year warranty, our display started acting up. Flickering, display disappearing, time changing intermittently and numbers partially visible. The top burners overheat and burn food on the lowest setting. I contacted Samsung and they told me that my warranty was expired by a month and Referred me to a company near me to provide service for my range. I then contacted the company Samsung referred me to and received terrible service from the man who took the call and information.

He told me that he just needed the range info. and he would get back to me with the price. No troubleshooting whatsoever on the phone. He then hung up and we never heard back from him. We are still able to use the oven when the display is visible. We are not impressed with this range and most of all with the service from Samsung. We have many Samsung items in our home and will now avoid those in the future. I highly encourage you to do your homework before purchasing a Samsung range. I also think that Samsung should recall the products they know are a problem.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

Gas range and oven less than 6 months. Looks like someone previously smashed base of oven with a hammer. The paint chipped and cracked off within months showing the horrible spider crack below. It is deep too. About 4 inch diameter. I want this base replaced free of charge. Angry.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

Do not use the self-clean feature on your Samsung ovens. Google Samsung stove door won’t open and you’ll find 100s of complaints for the same issue. Door locks (will no longer open) and the control panel fries 30-45 minutes into the cycle due to high heat melting the thermostat. Samsung advises you it’s out of warranty, and will provide you with a phone number to an authorized service tech in your area to call and set up a repair at your expense of course.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

If you are expecting this oven to have two separate single ovens, you are terribly wrong. When we bake something in upper single oven the left side of the tray baked perfectly while the right side had raw dough. Of course we contacted to customer service and they promptly responded and send in a tech. The tech stated upper single oven will not bake unless you take the separator out and use whole thing upper and lower single ovens as whole one, despite the product sold and stated that it could be used as 2 single ovens. We called customer service again and after 4 complain tickets and 3 tech visits we learned that we paid 350 additional dollars for the good looks of lame product. This product CANNOT BE USED AS TWO SINGLE OVENS. You cannot use only upper single oven to bake.

Last tech even stated on the ticket that, as customer we refused the repair after we lost 3 days of work to meet with theses hopeless people of Samsung techs. Not to mention they seriously check if the electrical power supply is good with voltage and amps on gas oven. They question my wife if she has a clue about the convection oven. Yah! Two different counties certified her as restaurant manager for fun and she ain’t been in restaurant industry in last 20 years. Also to the credit of Samsung they have great 1 year manufacturer’s warranty but unfortunately it starts from the date product manufactured. So if you purchase an oven & stove in Dec 2018 and that unit is manufactured Feb 2018, your one year manufacturer’s warranty expires on Feb 2019 so enjoy your 2 months worth of one year warranty.

We have Samsung TV, Home Theater System, Refrigerator, 3 Samsung smart phones and this oven. I can proudly say this is the LAST product I purchased from Samsung. I don't want to see the word Samsung in my house anymore. Now if you are planning to purchase this duo oven I would suggest you to buy yourself a dutch oven and a ton of firewood, at least you can enjoy great outdoors with real fire and may have some good smores cooked evenly. That will be a lot more satisfying than losing tremendous time and effort try to explain people that their product is not doing what it supposed to while they were trying to achieve a different result with sending 3 techs to same issue. I am done with Samsung brand. Good luck to you.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

Firstly, I wish I had read these Samsung stove reviews prior to my purchase. :( This stove got 4.5 stars on PC Richard's site which is one of the reasons that I bought it. I purchased the Samsung NX58M6650W Gas Range in November of 2017. I purchased this stove solely for the price and way it looked as I am not a person that cooks a lot and barely do I use an oven. I was upgrading my kitchen and looking for a stainless steel stove to replace my old one. It's a very nice looking stove but obviously looks can be deceiving. After my 4th time using the oven, which was all day on Thanksgiving Day 2018, I noticed that the control panel was warped almost looking like it had melted. I called Samsung for repair and they gave me a "courtesy" extension my warranty (2 weeks out of warranty) and offered a free repair. In my eyes a barely used stove should not have any issues in just over 12 mos, but that's just me.

I had my rinky Hotpoint Stove for 17 years and not ONE need for repair. Anyway the repairman came and "fixed" the stove. He replaced the old control panel which means removing around 20 screws un-wiring/detaching and re-wiring a new control panel. Also needs to be mentioned, the control panel on the stove is made of plastic! Now that can be a problem if your stove gets hot. "Repair" seemed successful but two days later, the timer isn't working. For reference, the timer is in the same place on the panel that warped after using the oven for several hours. Needless to say I am furious. Samsung insists on sending out another repairman, but I want this stove replaced (not with a Samsung if that's possible).

If you read the reviews, you have no doubt that this stove is problematic in its design. I watched the repair, and with all the fine wiring on a plastic panel, how will there not be problems? Samsung has been giving me somewhat of a runaround and does not seem to stand behind their product. I'm sure problems will continue to occur based on all of the reviews and research I've done. I have been on the phone with them 5 times. I have another appointment for "repair" since they say that this is the best that they can do since I am now out of warranty. I'm with the other reviewer that says Class Action. I will try to update this review after my next repair visit, but in the interim, this stove is sorely disappointing. Stay away from this stove.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

We bought the expensive Samsung Range Model #: NE59J3420SS when we upgraded our appliances. BIG mistake! From the start, the door didn't close tightly which makes the oven take forever to heat up and things don't cook correctly. The light inside the oven goes on and off intermittently, then the right front burner stopped working and then the left front burner stopped working (the only 2 large burners)! When I finally had had enough and called Samsung, they would do nothing because it had been over a year! There is OBVIOUSLY a defect with this model! We also bought a Samsung refrigerator and have had many problems with it as well. NEVER BUY A SAMSUNG APPLIANCE!

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

We, like a couple of others, were going through a remodel and decided to upgrade our appliances. We bought the Samsung range, $2600, from Lowe's when they had a special on this range. Expensive, to say the least, but it was beautiful. Because of construction delays we did not get the range and other appliances installed until several months later.

We been using the range for about 6 months now and the oven just never seems to be right. The Tech has been out twice and says, "Everything checks out?" So, Thanksgiving come around and we do a Turkey, all timed out according to the oven temp and time for the 20 pound bird. 5 hours later and the temp wand said it was done. We took it to our Daughter's house and began cutting -- nope, not done. It look done, but pink meat and really pink and red around the thigh joints. Closer to the breast the white meat was slightly pink as well.

If you want to do cookies you have to settle for near burnt outer crust, making for hard cookies, if you want the centers to get done. The oven may test right but somewhere along the way, through the process of heating and cooling to maintain temp this oven is failing. Looking to get it replaced. We would even stay with Samsung if they would agree to a replacement of a different model. I'm for going back to an Electric. That is a lot of money for a range that only half works. We had a cheap wall oven that worked great for all baking, did not know how well it worked until we bought this Samsung.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

Samsung range after cleaning cycle oven doesn't work. This happened to my daughter. Called Samsung, "Sorry out of warranty." Called a repair service - said it wouldn't 500 to fix. Her husband decided to take it apart and found the heat sensor fuse was blown. Beware. Shame on Samsung and Shame on repair people.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

Stove circuit fire on the new stove. I wrote the post below last year before Thanksgiving. Samsung repaired the unit. Then gave us a partial refund as well. We kept the stove since it was working. Now it is having an electrical problem. We smell wire burning. At this point, Samsung has made good on this stove. But it is disappointing that even after repair there are more issues with the range/oven. We now are looking to buy a new stove and will not by Samsung again.

Post from 2017: Dear Samsung support. Tonight my stove went on fire. I have a NE59J7630SS, which we purchased in July of 2015. My wife was cooking and heard a loud pop from behind the instrument panel and then fire and smoke. I turned off the breaker off and opened the back panel. I have a picture attached. Is this something you can fix for us? This should not happen to a new stove like this! It is not longer under warranty. I see this is not just an isolated incident judging from the forums online. Please let me know if you can assist.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

I bought all new Samsung appliances 18 months ago. On Thanksgiving Day no less my oven caught on fire roughly 2 minutes after I turned my oven on. Electrical fire inside. Stove ruined and lucky my house didn't burn down!

Original review: Nov. 22, 2018

My glass cooktop on my 5 year old oven range cracked... They've since discontinued the part and won't give me any information whatsoever on what other parts are compatible from other models. I contacted them through their live chat, they told me to contact the parts company, after 45min on hold I gave up and emailed them, 12 days of emails back and forth later (takes them a good 2 days to reply to any email) I found out NOTHING, they told me to contact Samsung directly...which is what I did in the first place, complete RUN AROUND. SO disgusted by this company.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

Turned the oven on this evening. It wouldn't heat past 150. There appears to be no sound coming from the fan. I can't believe that a Samsung appliance would stop working this quickly. Called Samsung and they said "Out of warranty. So sorry you're screwed". I absolutely will never buy another Samsung Appliance again.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

We had our Samsung range for 7 years. Overall we had been fairly happy with it. Until a few nights ago when it lit on fire. It was an electrical fire in the back of the oven. Thankfully we caught this early and there was minimal damage to my home. Samsung would not stand behind this device at all. I would recommend avoiding Samsung for ranges/ovens in the future. From reviewing this thread and others, seems like this has happened to other people as well.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

In December 2017 I bought A Samsung Gas Range and in June 2018 six months later the digital control panel warped from the heat of the self cleaning cycle. And then in Sept. 2018 it happened again. Samsung will not replace the Range and will not repair it again because they are saying that the warping of the touchpad is my fault. Samsung doesn't stand behind there products. DON'T BUY FROM SAMSUNG.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

Just under 3 years ago I purchased an electric range for my elderly parents. The broiler heating element literally exploded in my 79 year old mother's face when she had the oven door open. After much research we discovered Samsung no longer manufactures the part needed to repair the unit. Before Samsung customer service would even discuss how to make this right they required us to have their preferred repair technician come out for a service call - at a $90 fee. We are still waiting to see how Samsung will compensate us but regardless we had to go purchase a new range so my parents can cook. Another bad thing is my entire kitchen has Samsung appliances and almost the identical range that uses the same broiler element. My kitchen is a ticking time bomb. I will never purchase another Samsung appliance. Discontinuing parts is terrible customer service.

Samsung Computers and Monitors expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Samsung has provided high-quality electronics, computer components and appliances for more than 70 years. Samsung engineers perfected microwave technology for the first home-use models in the early 1970s and their technology maintains that innovative spirit while designing modern cooking appliances.

• Dual fuel: Samsung was among the first companies to offer dual fuel cooking appliances that utilize both electric and gas heating for flexible usage.

• Curated product lines: Samsung maintains a small inventory of current models in comparison to other major brand names but dedicates itself to maintaining the highest quality in production and feature design for those models.

• Technology: Samsung leverages its experience in consumer electronics to provide the latest in cooking appliance technology, including network integration and "smart home" design.

• Affiliate partnerships: Samsung maintains relationships with a variety of brick and mortar retailers, giving buyers a range of choices for how and where to buy.

• Easy warranties: Samsung allows customers to call directly or schedule an appointment online to quickly and easily resolve issues covered by the manufacturer's warranty.

• Best for: Users cooking for one and users cooking for families.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs