1.07/5
Based on 86 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

407 Samsung Stove-Oven-Range Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 31, 2018

I purchased the range in 2016 and the black stainless steel finish started peeling 1 yr after purchase. I also purchased a 3 yr extended warranty. They will not cover the finish because they say that it is cosmetic and will not cover the knobs because they were not considered a mechanical item. How can I use the stove if I can't turn it on? I am beyond frustrated. I am looking to join a class action lawsuit. I appreciate any information regarding this.

Original review: July 24, 2018

We have had this Samsung range NX58H5650WS for 2 years and 2 of the front knobs have snapped off. The company said they would be happy to let us buy two more, at a ridiculous cost. However they would just be the same cheap plastic knobs that will break again. Also, the middle griddle sounds like a good idea but you can't use any of the elements when you are using the griddle.

Get expert buying tips about Ranges, Ovens, and Stoves delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 13, 2018

I recently purchased a Samsung glass top range for our vacation home. After two uses, the glass top looks used and melted. The white painted ring on the one burner totally melted and there are rings from the pan I was using on the same burner. I cooked eggs, not really high temp, and it destroyed the top of the glass. I used one of the back burners only for that to look melted now also. I haven't gone back to the store yet, but plan on doing so. Have had the stove for EIGHT weeks and used twice!

Original review: July 13, 2018

We purchased Samsung range, model NE595R0ABBB in November 2014. 3.5 years later, it's fried. I am never buying another Samsung appliance ever again. We did purchase an extended warranty for it and it underwent a few repairs. The motor for the convection fan kept burning up, and now I am wondering if the latest incident is linked, because I believe the circuit board shorted out after reading about similar incidents online.

Last night, I was preheating the oven and before it got to temperature, it shorted. I was in the next room, and I heard a very very loud buzzing sound coming from the kitchen, like something was being electrocuted, and my kitchen lights were flickering. I ran into the kitchen and there was smoke coming out of the oven. Not too much smoke; it didn't trip our smoke alarm. I turned the oven off, and opened the door, and the bottom panel inside the oven was glowing red in the rear left corner. This was probably the most terrifying minute of my life. I am just so grateful that I was able to act quickly and nothing catastrophic happened.

I am glad that I was so close by to turn it off quickly; if I had been upstairs or outside, this could have been worse. I am sure it would have caught fire. As soon as we were able to, we pulled the oven away from the wall and unplugged it. There is no damage to anything outside the oven, though the back panel of the oven looks a little warped. I am not even going to bother getting this repaired; I don't want it in my home anymore. We purchased a GE and are awaiting delivery. Though I wouldn't be surprised if all the wiring is melted and other damage inside resulted from this.

Some of my other complaints with this range: I have had oven temperature problems since almost the beginning with this. I am also very disappointed that the paint around the top of the oven door (it's plain black, not a special finish) is flaking, and the paint near the stove backsplash where the vents are is flaking, too. The ceramic top has been stained since we first had it; nothing cleans it properly. Even water stains it. The seal around the edge of the ceramic cooktop is eroding. Anything deemed "cosmetic" is not covered under the warranty.

Original review: July 13, 2018

Only had Samsung stove for 1 year an stopped working. Wish I would have listened to my guy when I decided to switch all of my appliances out to Samsung. Purchased the Samsung 5.9 cu. ft. Free-Standing Electric Range with True Convection oven. Nothing no longer works but the stove clock. The stove top and oven stopped heating up. I did purchase an extended warranty. So we will see how this plays out when the technician shows up.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Computers and Monitors?

Original review: July 12, 2018

Appalled by the way Samsung and Lowe’s have treated me. My brand-new Samsung electric range did not work properly from day one! After multiple calls speaking with agents who attempted to have ME fix the issues while they were on the phone, Samsung reluctantly sent a service repairman to my home. C & E Appliances sent someone who admitted they knew "Nothing," about cooking. The first thing he did was blame me for buying a stove which offered the rapid boiling option! Secondly, he snidely stated, "I bet you never read the manual to your stove."

Both statements were untrue! I bought this stove as part of an appliance package. I purchased them for various reasons, but NOT one included rapid boiling. I have read the manual many, many times and worked with Samsung employees to fix the issues. The repairman explained that other people were having similar issues with baking; especially bread and cakes. He stated he didn't know anything about baking. He also told me he didn't know anything about simmering! According to the stove’s manual simmering occurs when your knob is placed on Low. (See pg. 35) My stove will not simmer, and my oven does not bake evenly. Since the repairman did not know why I needed to simmer I explained a few things about some of my favorite recipes. Most of them require simmering at a specific temperature. “Simmering cooks the food gently and slowly, allowing it to maintain its structure in ways that are impossible with boiling.”

C & E’s repairman advised me to preheat my oven for an extra 15 minutes prior to baking. He also said I should bring my rice to a boil on one burner, transfer the pot to another burner and turn the knob below the Low setting to simmer. I have lots of photos to prove his advice did NOT work. Samsung drew my complaints out with self-help fixes which did not work. Soon after the first serviceman left Samsung's 1-year warranty expired. Based on the recommendation of Lowe's salesperson, I had purchased a 5-year extended warranty, which turned out to be worthless. Lowe's sent me the exact same man to look at my stove! The warranty clearly states if Lowe’s or Samsung can’t fix it they will replace it. I have taken this matter as far as any of your companies’ phone systems will allow. Promises from those claiming to be corporate managers have been broken.

A 2nd repairman came out to investigate. He checked the brand-new pots I had purchased for my brand-new stove and they were fine. He had absolutely no idea what was wrong and suggested I use the back burners to simmer, or the warming center. Neither is possible. The smaller burners in the back are not large enough to simmer soups, stews, sauces or rice. According to the manual, and common sense, the pot or “Pan should not hang over the element by more than one-half inch.” (See pg. 37.) The temperature on the small warming center is not high enough to simmer, nor is the element big enough to accommodate a larger size pan. (See pg. 50.) I made a formal complaint to the BBB concerning C & E Appliance. Preparing a formal complaint to BBB for Lowe's and Samsung.

Original review: July 10, 2018

What a mistake buying Samsung... we already have replaced over range microwave as well as dishwasher and now have my range being looked at tomorrow!!! The oven is making a noise that sounds like a plane taking off! The ice machine in the fridge constantly freezes over and I have to use a blow dryer to defrost it to get ice made... Also it is very difficult talking to the Samsung Reps, they don't seem to have a clue what is going on with their products and I found the one agent very rude actually. I tell everyone I know not to buy this product!

Original review: July 6, 2018

I was cooking supper one night when I heard a loud bang and then loud arching sound. I ran to the kitchen to see a flame in the oven and my house filled with smoke - set the smoke detector off. Luckily it blew the breaker so the house did not catch on fire. When it cooled down we looked in the oven and found a hole had been blown right through in the bottom. Looked like it blew upward from the warming drawer. Samsung reaction - we will fix it but nothing else. It cannot be fixed. They do not stand behind their products at all.

Original review: July 5, 2018

My new stove was not working as it should. It took way too long to heat up to the correct temperature and the oven beeps that the correct temperature is reached when it isn't even half way there. Samsung sent one of their tech guys to repair it instead of replacing it. As the tech said he had "fixed" the problem Samsung now refuse to do anything about it. My stove is just one month old!

Original review: June 30, 2018

We purchased a Samsung stove 2 years ago. The other day we started the oven and blue sparks. Oven would not work after that. Called a repairman who came and checked. Said element was burnt out and would order a new one. 3 weeks later repairman calls to tell me that Samsung had discontinued this burner. Discontinued a stove burner and a 2 year old stove.

Original review: June 25, 2018

The Range was sold to me for 2,900.00. After install it malfunctioned big time. When lighting a burner all burners came on. Notified Samsung and HD and both gave me idiotic answers and I want a replacement from one of them. It is a piece of junk. There is actually no Stainless Steel on top and I need to turn exhaust fan on as it emanate Gas... Shame on both of you. Now I wait??? I WANT A REFUND. Model NX5849500WS.

Original review: June 23, 2018

Omg, how I wish I had read the Consumer Affairs reviews before I bought my Samsung range. Consumer Reports DID not give it a bad review. I purchased all new appliances for my retirement home and price didn't matter. Love my Sears Elite Refrigerator and my Bosch dishwasher. However, I cannot say anything good about the Samsung slide-in electric glass cooktop! The glass top has several scratches beginning the first time I used it. It was installed the second week of March 2018 but wasn’t used until April because I was in Florida. This is my fourth cooktop. First was a Corning, second and third were General Electric. After using it for only two and one-half months I cannot believe the condition of the cooktop.

The booklet says not to slide pans. I try not to, but of course you will slide a pan occasionally. I use the same cookware that I used on the others. I never had one scratch on any of my other three cooktops. Every time I use it I’m a nervous wreck worrying about scratching it. There is no reason to get another top because I do not want another Samsung. This is a very expensive mistake! And, I will be replacing it. I feel sorry for those who are stuck with their Samsungs because they can’t afford to replace them. Samsung ought to stick with televisions. I sure hope there is or will be a class action lawsuit. Extremely dissatisfied with Samsung range and it will be a relief to get rid of it!

Original review: June 15, 2018

Large burner (Samsung Induction Range NE58K9560WS) worked properly about three times then suddenly would turn off after about 3 seconds. First service attempt could not get it to work but if he traded out knob would work so was not prepared and had to return with another knob. Second service call different guy with different problems he could not figure out. Third call, original service guy who still could not get it to work properly so the same people they called for help each time said I had to use a VERY large heavy pot for it to work. I was not there. I heard this through my husband.

So supposedly the same pot that didn't work before now does work on that burner and my husband was supposedly EDUCATED about the proper pan size to use for each burner. Interesting as my old induction Kenmore never had a problem, and I could use any size pan on any burner. Well when I got home I tried the large pot on the burner but the scale on the knob was completely off. As I turned the knob it does not start until I get to simmer and it boosts to a 6, then the next notch goes to 9. Then 8, then to 4!!! It is suppose to increase incrementally from 1 to 9! So I call back to tell them the problem and I am supposedly in service call time out, as they clearly don't believe the stove has anything wrong with it. I am very frustrated and really wish I had never purchased this appliance. Did I mention that the service techs rely on YouTube like videos to troubleshoot and repair, and also call their tech support.

Original review: June 7, 2018

Cooktop is the worst I've ever had for staining, I've owned 3 and the other 2 were about 7 Years old before they started looking scratched and stained. This Samsung, the first time I used it, got a few drops of water on the hot spot and they stained right away, nothing takes it off once it's baked on, it has been used 10 times now, a few weeks old and the top looks worse than my 20 year old Maytag I just got rid of that still worked. Very disappointed.

Original review: June 2, 2018

I purchased Samsung electric range (model NE59J3420SS) Jan. 26, 2016 with all kitchen appliances all Samsung. Big mistake. Should have read reviews before purchasing. The range has error message that cannot be corrected according to manual. This is second problem, first problem was 9 months after purchase. The store where I purchased range will send tech out Mon. am for $100 to come out, then $60 every 15 min. plus parts and labor. I know I will NEVER purchase another Samsung product, I have told all my family and friends, now others have told me they also have had problems with all Samsung products.

Original review: May 31, 2018

Samsung kitchen appliances came with our house we bought. We recently wanted to use the self cleaning cycle for the first time. Set it and it started. Some time passed and it never beeped like it was supposed to, all the lights off. Turns out it won't respond and the oven door is locked and can't open it. Off to Google I go and what do you know - hundreds of people complaining about how Samsung ovens are defective and this issue has happened to LOTS of people. On top of it, they said Samsung is not standing behind their product and are trying to charge customers to fix this issue.

I thought this could not be the case, so I called Samsung and yes, it is the case. They want to charge me to fix a defective product - which, given we used this feature once and it broke the oven seems clearly defective. If anyone knows how to join or start a class action lawsuit please contact me. Obviously I would not recommend Samsung to anyone. Pity, they could solve this very easily, but are choosing the shady path.

Original review: May 29, 2018

Two years ago we remodeled our kitchen. The new Samsung over the stove microwave matches the new Samsung stove and has some nice features and I do like it, but it is starting to make a 'grinding' noise. It seems to have caught something from its big brother, the stove. This stove has all the bells & whistles..Looks like a cooks delight... That's a disguise.The stove really sucks. It cooks everything to hot and the smooth top is a ** to clean compared to my old Whirlpool smooth top. The top burners on the Samsung take eons to come up, and when they do it mimics Kilauea. It will not do a 'simmer' but slow boils. I end up cooking everything on the small burner rings, including big pots. I had to drop the oven temperature down 25 degrees to get the right results. I called the Samsung repair service. The guy told me there is nothing wrong with the stove. He must be a Democrat.

Recently, when I use the oven, the convection fan started making noise... It is now making a racket. I checked with an appliance guy and he said that he has seen Samsung stove fans junk out before and eventually seize on a regular basis... the cost to replace the fan assembly would be about $300-$375 bucks. I went on the Internet and found videos on 'how-to' replace the fan. I found an appliance parts website. My husband looked at the YouTube videos and is going to fix the stove himself. Never a Samsung product again. I understand their TV's are not very good either.

Original review: May 21, 2018

So we purchased our Samsung oven in Dec. of 2016 and did not have it delivered due to construction until May 31st 2017 and not installed until June, (was told by Best Buy salesman that warranty did not start until the delivery date, which was a lie) so two days ago when going to cook something for lunch the oven would not heat. Nothing. Nada!!! It hasn't been hooked up a year yet. Called Samsung and no help. Nothing. We are stuck having to pay to have it repaired or try to do it ourselves. Bought over 2000 dollars worth of Samsung appliances that day and no help from Best Buy or Samsung whatsoever. So mad!!! How can a stove go out that fast? It's not even used daily. Never again and I will tell everyone I know not to buy Samsung appliances. Just waiting for the Fridge to go next!!!

Original review: May 18, 2018

Purchased a Samsung Gas Range from Home Depot on June 28, 2015. We had the range approximately 6 weeks and the oven in the range wouldn't heat above 150 degrees. We contacted Samsung and asked for a repair. Service technician came out and replaced the circuit board with what I believe was a refurbished board. Not long after this repair we contacted Home Depot and Samsung to let them know that the oven was still not heating correctly. The oven was not reaching the selected cooking temperature. We told Home Depot and the Samsung Customer service we wanted the oven replaced. Home Depot said we had to deal with Samsung. A service technician from Samsung came out again and told us that the oven is calibrated to reach the temperature that we select. In other words, we had to set the oven temp. to 375 for it to heat to 350?

We again complained to Home Depot and Samsung and nothing was done to replace the oven, the oven purchased was an $800 oven. Now the oven will not heat past 150 degrees again. We contacted Samsung and they want us to pay for the repair. I explained that the oven never worked as it should from the beginning. Samsung said, "Your warranty is up." I said the oven failed on warranty and never worked correctly from day one. We are experiencing the same problem over and over with the oven. I have contacted Samsung at least 4 times and I am getting a run-around.

The case Number/Ref Number is **. It is obvious that the oven was a lemon and should have been replaced. If this oven has failed and never worked correctly this problem will continue. This oven should have been replaced. I have contacted Samsung and they will not offer any assistance. The stove is an inferior product. I wish I would have read the reviews for Samsung Gas Ranges. I would not have purchased.

Original review: May 16, 2018

We purchased our Samsung electric induction range in May, 2015. Within months of purchase we needed a service call. (Our last range - certainly not a Samsung - lasted over 20 years without requiring service.) We decided to purchase an extended warranty, which supposedly expires either May 18, 2018 or August 18, 2018 - certificate states former, person on phone said latter. I asked him to confirm, and to let me know cost of extending for another year, since I do not trust this product, and repairs and parts are expensive.

Without going into a further list of complaints, suffice it to say that I had to call three times - kept disconnecting (and these folks manufacture and sell phones) - they also ask for customer's phone number at beginning of conversation! - and the website is sales-driven, so I was unable to purchase additional extended warranty online. I could go on, but I will stop here - this company has already wasted too much of my time! I encourage anyone who is considering a Samsung product to reconsider!

Original review: May 14, 2018

We bought an Appliance package last October from Bill Smith Appliances. I am very dissatisfied with the Electric range. It has serious safety issues. The knobs that turn off the range top, turn very easily as when someone walks by it, or if I reach up and brush the knob, the stovetop goes on and heats up the glass. I have done it many times. Recently, the stovetop went on, without turning it on, and burned a plastic bowl that sat on the top of the stove. I'm afraid that it will cause a fire, or burn someone not knowing it was on. I am very unhappy with the Samsung products and would not recommend them to anyone. Very dangerous! There was also a promotion for buying the appliance for $350 off the total cost. I have contacted Samsung, support@samsungpromo.zendesk.com and Bill Smith, phone #239-275-5555, because we still haven't received our rebate.

Original review: May 7, 2018

In November 2015 we purchased a Samsung Electric Range with Black Stainless finish. The model number is NE59J7630SG, recently we have noticed that the paint is flaking off around the oven door. Your hands do not come in contact with this area. We contacted Samsung and they told us it was too bad but they call it a cosmetic issue, so it is not covered under any warranty. The Best Buy protection policy does not cover it as well. After viewing many complaints about Samsung's Black stainless issues on the internet, both ranges and refrigerators we decided to push the issue. Samsung said they would send a repair person out but if the issue was deemed cosmetic we would have to pay the $200.00 service call. We have sent pictures and done everything they wanted and they will not back the product. It is my (and many others) opinion that appliances should not have paint peeling off of them after 2 1/2 years.

Original review: May 1, 2018

I have the same range that was just on the news, it turns on too easy, we have also noticed any touching of the knobs and the top burners turn on. THIS IS DEFINITELY GOING TO GET SOMEONE BURNED OR, BURN SOMEONE'S HOME DOWN!!! I love the range, my wife loves the range, but it is highly dangerous. Lean on it, brush against it, and the top burner is on!!!

Original review: April 26, 2018

Beware of this company... I purchased an expensive Samsung glass top slide in electric range model #NE58F9500SS/AA from Best Buy in Aug 2016. In Apr 2018 the left front inside burner stopped working and the oven quit working at the same time. This range, built by a 3rd rate country is a PIECE OF JUNK!

Original review: April 21, 2018

I bought a Samsung range (model # FE R300SXIX AA) a little over 3 years ago. During the Easter weekend of 2018, I tried to bake a cake. The cake did not get done. The oven did not reach the correct temperature. I called Samsung and a technician was sent to my home within a few days. He could not find anything wrong with the oven. The visit cost $125. I tried to bake something else and it did not get done. I called Samsung again and another technician came to my home. He stated the oven temperature was 100 degrees off the target temperature. He replaced a part and tried the temperature reading again. The temperature was still off the target. The technician said the oven needed a part he did not have with him.

Another appointment was made for him to return with the other part. The technician returned several days later with the other part. He replaced the part and said try the oven again because he thought it was repaired. This cost was another $175. After the technician left, I tried baking something again but it did not get done. I called Samsung again and the representative said there was nothing they could do because the warranty had expired. In order to get a partial refund for the range, the technician would have to state the oven was unfixable. I called the technician's office to make an appointment.

An appointment was made for him to return a few days later. The technician called my home and stated to my husband he does not know the cause of the problem with the oven but he could return and try several things to repair it. Each thing he tried could cost up to $500 or more. What's the use of a repair service when they are working in the blind and costing you a lot of money trying different things. I will never buy another Samsung electric range again. The Service and reliability are very unsatisfactory.

Original review: April 20, 2018

I have had my Samsung range for less than 4 years. The first time I use my broiler for an extended period of time, I receive an error message. I followed the troubleshooting information. I am told it will cost a minimum of $80 for repairs. I was given an account reference number of **, but no support or recommended solution.

Original review: April 15, 2018

Stove #NX58H5600S - Purchased the range In January of 2016. Recently noticed that the oven floor had corrosion spots (rusting) as well as cracks in the enamel of the oven floor. I was quite disappointed since I mostly use the cooktop rather than the oven. It has not had a lot of use. I felt that the oven floor was defective. I contacted Samsung and was told to send pictures, so that the situation could be evaluated. I was then told to contact a service center in another state to have the oven evaluated at my cost. The service manager, after viewing the photos, (did not actually see the rust and cracking) stated that the problem was not a defect but cosmetic and physical damage. Since the stove was out of warranty, I would have to pay for the repair myself. Samsung does not stand behind their products. I would never buy one of their products again or recommend them to anyone.

Original review: April 13, 2018

I have this induction range NE58H9970WS for 4 months now. Since the beginning the oven did not hold temperature and food was coming out undercooked. I had the same technician come out three times and replaced bunch of parts with no success. Samsung refused to send a different technician unless I was willing to pay for it. They told me the issue was that I didn't know how to use the oven and that the upper oven was not for baking?!?! Then they told me that I did not understand what customer support was! Really? Thanks for not supporting me, customer support! I'm not buying anything else Samsung. I would encourage you to weigh your options carefully!

Original review: April 9, 2018

We have had this Samsung electric range for a year and a half (so outside of warranty, of course!) and when heating oven, there is a strong electrical burning smell coming from behind the unit. It doesn't happen if only using stove. Samsung have offered no solution except for ME to pay THEIR repair service $99 for house call, $50 for "diagnostic" and then pay hourly rate for labor and parts. They offered to pay for parts, but I don't want anything more to do with Samsung products. They are terrible. I wonder if it is even fixable.

Original review: April 6, 2018

I am use to buying Samsung brand for about 5 year. My friends and family had good experience with the brand Samsung. I recently purchased a house and need appliances. I bought a refrigerator a washer and a gas range. The first two days that I had the washer it wouldn't spin so the store that I bought the washer replace it. Then the fridge had issues so my home warranty cover the issue. My stove range panel doesn't work and it was still under warranty with Samsung. They brought two technicians out to my house and I missed 2 days of work to try to get this resolved. The company Samsung then said that they won't replace. I escalated the issue to a supervisor and the supervisor said, "Sorry." They cant do anything. I don't recommend anybody to purchase their products. It's quick to have problems. Will never purchase any of their products ever again and will recommend my friends and family to purchase nothing from Samsung.

Samsung Computers and Monitors expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Samsung has provided high-quality electronics, computer components and appliances for more than 70 years. Samsung engineers perfected microwave technology for the first home-use models in the early 1970s and their technology maintains that innovative spirit while designing modern cooking appliances.

• Dual fuel: Samsung was among the first companies to offer dual fuel cooking appliances that utilize both electric and gas heating for flexible usage.

• Curated product lines: Samsung maintains a small inventory of current models in comparison to other major brand names but dedicates itself to maintaining the highest quality in production and feature design for those models.

• Technology: Samsung leverages its experience in consumer electronics to provide the latest in cooking appliance technology, including network integration and "smart home" design.

• Affiliate partnerships: Samsung maintains relationships with a variety of brick and mortar retailers, giving buyers a range of choices for how and where to buy.

• Easy warranties: Samsung allows customers to call directly or schedule an appointment online to quickly and easily resolve issues covered by the manufacturer's warranty.

• Best for: Users cooking for one and users cooking for families.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs

1938
Korea Sout
www.samsung.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business