Protect what matters most

Protect yourself from the unexpected - Shop home warranty companies.

Protect my home
Samsung Stove-Oven-Range
1.22/5

Samsung Stove-Oven-Range

Protect what matters most

Protect yourself from the unexpected - Shop home warranty companies.

Protect my home

475 Samsung Stove-Oven-Range Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 16, 2019

We bought 4 new Samsung appliances just 3 months ago. A few days ago a crack appeared on the fast burner while we were cooking food in a fry pan. Samsung sent an independent inspector to our home. He called Samsung to describe the issue. Samsung very quickly denied our warranty claim. We did nothing wrong. Did not cause this damage and are now afraid to use the cooktop. Never buying another Samsung product and will tell everyone we know to stay clear of their products. They don't stand behind what they sell.

Original review: May 3, 2019

Purchased electric range in 2018 and 2 months after the warranty expired things started going wrong. When I use a burner to cook no. 1 is way too hot and I have to remove the pan to a cold burner. When I set the timer on 5 min. after setting the oven temp. it reaches 400 degrees in 2 min. which means it does not heat properly. My husband advised me not to use the oven as it could be dangerous. When I used the oven all the cabinets on the side of the range, the top cabinets and the top of the stove were super hot. The microwave which is above the stove was just as hot.

After reading the reviews I am amazed at how things go wrong after the warranty has expired. When we purchased the range we were told after 3 years if we did not call a maintenance man to the house because of a problem we would be reimbursed 1/3 of the price paid for the range. Good luck on that one. I am now fixing meals in the slow cooker or microwave. My husband called Samsung to complain and he was told the warranty expired and it would be $100.00 for a house call then we had to pay for parts. We are in our late 80s and should not have to deal with a lousy product and lousy service.

Get expert buying tips about Ranges, Ovens, and Stoves delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 1, 2019

We purchased our range/oven in October 2018. Not even 3 months later had to have it repaired: the entire control unit was replaced as the controls locked up with food burning in the oven, with oven door locked. Now the oven turns on at random times, and also locking the oven door, and freezing the control unit again. So called Samsung again, and explained that this range/oven is dangerous, as it could burn down the house with my family in it. Their response? Can't exchange it because we have to wait for the second round of repairs. Last time it took at least 3 weeks for the spare parts to arrive, so when asked the Specialty Claim Rep at Samsung, her answer was that if I am afraid of the unit, I should unplug it until fixed.

My question is, why would I want a unit replaced when this is systematic issue, and not a unit-specific problem? When asked if Samsung will take full liability for possibly causing property damage or bodily harm, their answer was I can not talk to a supervisor as my case has been already "escalated". Which agency is responsible of forcing a manufacturer to recall a dangerous product? And why they are not acting after all those reviews on this site? Indeed, I failed to read these comments, otherwise I would avoided this product line and Samsung altogether... Now I am stuck with a product for a very long time...

Original review: April 25, 2019

I currently rent a home that has all Samsung appliances. On Easter Sunday I turned on the oven to start cooking Easter dinner when I heard a buzzing noise followed by black smoke and the flames shooting out the back control panel. When we got back there to look we saw there were wires burnt up inside the panel. A service tech came yesterday and said a relay for the baking switch had burned up and he would have to get the part.

According to the homeowners the stove is only 2 years old. This oven is dangerous and I'm scared to use the burners even though the tech says they're fine to use. There needs to be a recall on these before someone dies in a fire not after. I also have a Samsung microwave that I had purchased less than a year ago and it has overheated and cut itself off numerous times. It won't cook anything over 3 minutes before it shuts itself off and you can't do anything with it till it cools down. What will it take to get Samsung to stand behind their products?

Original review: April 24, 2019

Don’t buy this piece of ** people, the knobs broke within a year and you cannot replace them, there are no replacements and alternatives. Now I have to go and shop around for solid product. They don’t even stand behind their product, customer service is zero.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Computers and Monitors?

Original review: April 21, 2019

I purchased a Samsung oven just over a year ago. I don’t bake very often so I did not notice the oven has a problem with the temperature. When setting the oven temp. from the get go the panel reads 150 degrees. When the oven ready alarm beeps, the panel displays the desired temp., but the actual oven temp is over 100 degrees less. The oven continues to heat towards the set temperature and reaches it @ 4 minutes later. After & 3 minutes the temp starts to decrease, eventually decreasing by 20 degrees, a temp that it then maintains. I had wondered why the few attempts to bake a cake or two muffins were not successful. This oven is awful and I am stuck with expensive repairs. Don’t buy Samsung appliances! They are truly awful.

Original review: April 16, 2019

Samsung will not repair. Bought gas range at Lowe's in May 2018. I lost the receipt which I understand my fault, Samsung send out appliances to stores with expire Manufacturer warranties so they don't have to repair. This is a gas range. Just got it install and has a leak. When I call they never said it was out of warranty. I follow back with them due to the email they send me. I call them. One person says it has warranty then another say that it does have one. So I have a New range fresh out of the box that I'm not able to use and I'm out $800.00 out of pocket. I'll never recommend this product. Have to buy a new range again. I'm very dissatisfied with this brand. Jesus **

Original review: March 28, 2019

I bought this beaut at Sears: 2015. I have a beef with the control panel. The writing, indicating the settings, got washed off. I imagine the ink used was erasable or could not withstand an anti grease cleaner. I had to spend an additional $130 to replace the whole panel. Had the company been smarter, they could have the setting indicators (numbers) stamped on the knobs, not painted on metal. That was the practice. One could pull off the knobs and wash them thoroughly in the sink. Very frustrating. Poorly designed and cheap construction. I will not buy, nor recommend this monster to my worst enemy.

Original review: March 27, 2019

Within 6 months of purchase, on the first self clean, the error message C31 came up. Turns out this means it overheated. Waited a month and a half before Samsung finally got their ** together and replaced the stove. Now one year later, same problem. Waiting to hear if Lowe’s extended warranty will follow through. Hoping to get a different brand. Samsung stoves are complete garbage.

Original review: March 26, 2019

I like the range as far as it’s performance but after just a few months the fine scratches and the fact that it’s not smudge proof is horrible. I also own a top of the line washer and dryer from Samsung and I’m very disappointed with them as well. Bleach dispenser has rusted, and small part of the agitating mechanism (plastic), broke off after a year. Samsung isn’t what it used to be.

Original review: March 21, 2019

Purchased this range in 2014, bought extended warranty, so the warranty just expired. This is the induction and convection range. We could never use a small pot (6") in front, which was really annoying, service people could not fix it. We could have lived with that but now our broiler element burnt out and they quit making parts, so we are hooped. An expensive range done after 5 years. It will cost us at least another $3000 to get a comparable range.

Original review: March 19, 2019

I purchased all Samsung kitchen appliances 11/2016. Delivered and installed 12/2016. I moved into my home 01/2017. I use my appliances on average 2 to 3 times a week and live alone. I clean with mild soap and dry with cotton towels. I have now found that my black on my SS is just a film that is now peeling. I have called Samsung who informs me they know of no issues with the black ss appliances peeling and that it is no longer in warranty so nothing they can assist me with. They set a repair visit... $90.00 service call. 30.00 an hour labor plus parts... This is so outrageous. A company this big and appliances that cost so much....they should want to stand behind their products far better than what they do.

Original review: March 18, 2019

Hot surface light on stove top stays on. It needs a new sensor after 18 months! I paid 1300.00 and the stove top doesn't work very well after only 18 months! I called Samsung Canada and was given no satisfaction. This model should be recalled.

Original review: March 14, 2019

Do not buy Samsung Range/Oven. After a little over a year the top glass exploded. It damaged one of the burners. It never did heat properly from the beginning. Not only will Samsung not to do anything because it’s out of warranty but they can’t because they don’t make the parts for it anymore. The burners are no longer available and the glass top is on at least 25 day backorder. We bought a four appliance package from RC Willey’s. Microwave, oven, refrigerator, dishwasher. Microwave turns on when you when you shut the door. You have to push the stop button where it will just run all day long no matter what. Dishwasher smells foul no matter what we do. Samsung will not answer emails and their live chat stops working as soon as you describe your problem and they ignore you. Don’t buy Samsung appliances.

Original review: March 13, 2019

I purchased and Stove from you guys. Y’all offered me a refund because the parts are on back order and then rejected the refund but want service. It either only had the range for 7 to 8 months and they serviced it 4 times and still not working. At a lost right now. Feeling duped by your company. Vickie **.

Original review: March 9, 2019

Crazy!!! I have a gas range and the finish is peeling off! With a soft towel and soap. Really!! Soap and water! Crap. Never, ever another **. Very disappointed and all on deaf ears. Bought from a retailer that’s now Amazon’s out of business.

Original review: March 7, 2019

Do not consider buying Samsung ranges. We bought an expensive induction range and had 10 repair visits within the first year. Nothing changed and there are still many problems with the unit. Despite many attempts to get the unit fixed, Samsung refuses to repair this unit. Stay away!!!

Original review: March 5, 2019

Don’t buy Samsung! They are not responsible nor do they take ownership for their manufacturer's defects. After only 3 years all 5 knobs have broken on my range purchased Dec 31 2015. I cannot use the range and Samsung refuses to acknowledge ownership for poor quality or replace the knobs. It is a simple task that costs less than $5 yet they are willing to lose business over $5. It seems they do not value their customers.

In 25 years I have never had any knob break on my ranges. Even the cheapest of Frigidaire ranges are sturdier and better built than this Samsung model that I purchased through Costco for $1,100. Very disappointed in Samsung’s customer service. All my appliances are Samsung (dishwasher, fridge, tv, phone, etc) and this is the customer loyalty they show. Disgraceful. The service call was escalated and they still refused to even make a compromise. “I’m sorry, that’s what the 1 year warranty is for,” doesn’t seem to cut it. They have lost a long time customer.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

We purchased a Samsung Gas range in 2014. The stove cooks perfectly and we are overall very pleased with it. However whenever we do a self clean following the manual instructions to a ‘T’, the bottom ignitor fails afterwards and I can no longer bake or roast. This has happened three times and we have had to replace the bottom igniter 3 times. Fortunately we have a gas technician friend who can replace the igniter for us. It’s costs us $80 a pop but would have cost $300 each time if we’d paid for a Samsung technician. I have sent an email with product serial number, etc. and photo of burnt out igniter and had an instant reply from customer service asking for more information.

The strange thing is, when I try and reply to the email or try to send another email to Samsung, the emails are immediately blocked. I ended up doing an online chat with a service technician who informed me I had to pay a $5 refundable charge with all my credit card information in order to receive a reply (answering questions they had asked me for!!!). Total run around and obviously a deliberate action by Samsung in order to avoid dealing with a known fault with this particular gas range. One disgusted Customer.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

We purchased a self cleaning, Samsung stove April 11, 2018 from Trail Appliances in Red Deer, Ab. I have used the self cleaning mode 3 times, & 3 times the C-31 displays after using it & the display panel will not work. The 1st time, I was without an oven for 15 days, the 2nd time, 9 days & am waiting again, for it to be fixed. I was told by 2 people at Trail Appliances, & "Brian", from Samsung, to just not use the self cleaning feature. In my opinion, that is like buying a new car, & them telling you to not use the headlights!

The salesman certainly did not warn us that all of the brand names who have the self cleaning feature, had issues. Their solution was, that whenever I use the self clean mode, to pull the oven away from the wall 6" & turn the fan on full blast for the duration of the cycle! Even the repairman said that they are a problem. Samsung said they will just keep fixing it until my warranty runs out because there is no problem, & he was very rude to me as he kept raising his voice & was yelling at me. "Brian" ** from Samsung. My warranty runs out in April, & I am SOL, so don't buy from Samsung!

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

I purchased a gas range on 1/1/2019 and paid $721 for it and that does not include the delivery, install and 3 year extended warranty. I have had a problem obtaining proper temperature since beginning. A service person came out and said there was nothing he could do and I could just change the temperature on my own. I believe the oven bake temp is correct after using the instructions in manual, but the convection oven temp is still about 25-50 degrees off. There is no way to adjust that. I filed another complaint after serviceman and just got a call from Samsung that it is my fault and there is nothing they can do.

I got this stove mainly because it was a Samsung and it has a convection bake feature. Now I will not be able to use convection unless I want burnt or undercooked food. I am so angry. I have a Samsung phone, Samsung washer and dryer and a Samsung microwave. Never again. I will never buy Samsung nor will I ever recommend anyone else I know to make the same mistake.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

We purchased a Samsung Convection oven from The Home Depot in Jasper Georgia for a new home. The range main control board has failed after 18 months. I contacted Samsung and they set up a Samsung authorized service company to contact me. When contacted I asked the service company for a copy of their general liability insurance only to find out they were uninsured.

I then contacted a reputable technician who confirmed that the control board was bad. I contacted Samsung and they would not consider replacing it. I also informed them that they were trying to send out authorized Samsung service companies that are uninsured and that did not seem to phase them. Therefore, I would not recommend purchasing their products.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

Bought a Samsung range oven and the display has gone. It's only been 13 months. I phoned them and they said they can't do anything because it is out of warranty for 1 month. Never buy this lousy piece of junk, I don't know how to use my stove without a display. It's beyond crazy. I will never, never buy anything from them again and will tell all the people I can what a piece of crap this is.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

This Samsung range takes 60 minutes to reach 475 degrees. If you open the oven door, the temperature quickly drops. Broil function won’t work. This range has been used about 6 times in the last 3 years. We bought this for our vacation home 3 years ago. It was part of a package deal refrigerator, range microwave, and dishwasher for $5200. 9 months ago the repair service changed the master board for $300. When we returned 2 months ago, it still doesn’t work. Repair wants to change master board at our expense. 3 month guarantee on this part. Again we have joined a class action lawsuit against Samsung. Please google Samsung range lawsuit to substantiate my complaint.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

Purchased the NE59J7850WS Samsung dual flex electric oven. After less than 2.5 years, the oven is not working. It intermittently continues to heat, well past the set temperature, and well past 500F+. We have had servicing, but since the issue is intermittent, it didn't occur when he was here and he could only identify two things that could be going wrong (thermostat and control board), both which were replaced. Last Samsung product I will purchase, including phones which I have been purchasing for years for the whole family. Samsung's response -- 'I can definitely understand how you might be feeling and you have the right to express your thoughts about the product.'

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

The more I try to cook on this stovetop the more I am convinced that the burners don’t heat correctly. I have bought several new nonstick skillets and they seem ruined after a few times cooking in them. I am not a chef but I am not a novice either. I’ve been cooking for over 30 years and this doesn’t seem right. I usually use the right front burner and go with the medium middle setting, never on high. And then I would turn it down to low and things still get burnt. I dont even want to address your Samsung customer service because I know how they give the runaround. My microwave was defective - I saw sparks flying from the inside and turned it off. They did end up refunding the money for it but I had paid to have someone to install it above the stove so I lost $200 there. Plus I had to jump through many hoops to get a refund.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

We have had this range for 4 years and it has operated well. The coating on the bottom of the oven appears to have cracked and rust is forming which I suspect is from self cleaning. Samsung considers this cosmetic and will not cover this. The range still looks like it is new, including the racks. I can't seem to find anything online where this has been an issue with ranges.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

Thankfully I bought an extended warranty on my range because the 2nd time I used the self-cleaning mode ON THE DEFAULT SETTING, the control panel melted and the oven door would not open. It took weeks to get the replacement part with Sears Outlet calling and emailing "scheduled" appointment times that had not been cleared by me. But never mind the repair guy that is employed by Sears told me the part had not showed up on his doorstep yet. However, during 9 different calls over several hours during a 2 month time frame, Sears told me repair guy did not follow protocol so that caused delays.

Of course when I told repair guy that he said they always try to pass blame. The 3 times repair guy came to my house he refused to give me any paperwork documenting his "repair." He also told me never to use the self-clean mode. What? Why is it there? THEN the oven would not heat up to temperature, actually would only get to 100 degrees less, so the process started over again with repair guy's BS and blaming Sears, all sorts of ridiculous information from both sides with promises NEVER being met. He finally installed a new thermometer and it still doesn't heat to temperature so I have to program it 25 degrees higher and wait 45 minutes longer than what the alert and temperature says on the control panel.

In an argument with repair guy in my kitchen over my unreasonable expectation to have purchased a functioning product he accused me of only wanting to get a new oven. Imagine the gall of me actually expecting to have purchased a functioning product by a supposedly reliable name like Samsung. I am 71 years old and am old enough to know, from experience, what good customer service is. Repair guy is a grey hair and should know that too. But he is perfectly employed by a sub-standard company selling a very inferior product. And, although promised by his wife on one call, and his daughter on another, that I would get service orders and documentation emailed to me, it has never happened.

What a waste of time and money, not to mention having to play stupid passive-aggressive games with a low in standards repair person. I am now afraid of fire after reading the rest of the reviews. I'm surprised that Samsung hasn't been sued and ovens have not been recalled. I mean really surprised. My oven is barely 2 years old. In any other electrical stove/oven I have ever owned I have NEVER had a problem with self-clean.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

My glass top range will not simmer even on low. Everything boils. I have to shut off the stove, let it cool to simmer and then turn it on again. The top oven doesn't heat properly. I had a repairman out and he said it was normal. "The top oven isn't made to bake." Are you kidding??? I also purchased a Samsung refrigerator. I like the design but the Ice Maker is crap. Samsung replaced the first one with one just like it. I have to defrost with a hair dryer once a month as it jams up with ice and stops make cubes. One big pain. Samsung doesn't seem to care they are manufacturing CRAP!!

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

We got a Samsung Convection Range less than two years ago. It blistered on the bottom and the paint peeled off. It looks horrible. They won’t stand behind it saying it’s cosmetic. That is minor compared to the burning smell and smoke that goes through my kitchen and house when I use the oven. I can’t use the oven anymore for fear of a fire. They will not stand behind their faulty product!

Samsung Computers and Monitors expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Samsung has provided high-quality electronics, computer components and appliances for more than 70 years. Samsung engineers perfected microwave technology for the first home-use models in the early 1970s and their technology maintains that innovative spirit while designing modern cooking appliances.

• Dual fuel: Samsung was among the first companies to offer dual fuel cooking appliances that utilize both electric and gas heating for flexible usage.

• Curated product lines: Samsung maintains a small inventory of current models in comparison to other major brand names but dedicates itself to maintaining the highest quality in production and feature design for those models.

• Technology: Samsung leverages its experience in consumer electronics to provide the latest in cooking appliance technology, including network integration and "smart home" design.

• Affiliate partnerships: Samsung maintains relationships with a variety of brick and mortar retailers, giving buyers a range of choices for how and where to buy.

• Easy warranties: Samsung allows customers to call directly or schedule an appointment online to quickly and easily resolve issues covered by the manufacturer's warranty.

• Best for: Users cooking for one and users cooking for families.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs