1.09/5
Based on 88 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

395 Samsung Stove-Oven-Range Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 15, 2018

Large burner (Samsung Induction Range NE58K9560WS) worked properly about three times then suddenly would turn off after about 3 seconds. First service attempt could not get it to work but if he traded out knob would work so was not prepared and had to return with another knob. Second service call different guy with different problems he could not figure out. Third call, original service guy who still could not get it to work properly so the same people they called for help each time said I had to use a VERY large heavy pot for it to work. I was not there. I heard this through my husband.

So supposedly the same pot that didn't work before now does work on that burner and my husband was supposedly EDUCATED about the proper pan size to use for each burner. Interesting as my old induction Kenmore never had a problem, and I could use any size pan on any burner. Well when I got home I tried the large pot on the burner but the scale on the knob was completely off. As I turned the knob it does not start until I get to simmer and it boosts to a 6, then the next notch goes to 9. Then 8, then to 4!!! It is suppose to increase incrementally from 1 to 9! So I call back to tell them the problem and I am supposedly in service call time out, as they clearly don't believe the stove has anything wrong with it. I am very frustrated and really wish I had never purchased this appliance. Did I mention that the service techs rely on YouTube like videos to troubleshoot and repair, and also call their tech support.

Original review: June 7, 2018

Cooktop is the worst I've ever had for staining, I've owned 3 and the other 2 were about 7 Years old before they started looking scratched and stained. This Samsung, the first time I used it, got a few drops of water on the hot spot and they stained right away, nothing takes it off once it's baked on, it has been used 10 times now, a few weeks old and the top looks worse than my 20 year old Maytag I just got rid of that still worked. Very disappointed.

Get expert buying tips about Ranges, Ovens, and Stoves delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 2, 2018

I purchased Samsung electric range (model NE59J3420SS) Jan. 26, 2016 with all kitchen appliances all Samsung. Big mistake. Should have read reviews before purchasing. The range has error message that cannot be corrected according to manual. This is second problem, first problem was 9 months after purchase. The store where I purchased range will send tech out Mon. am for $100 to come out, then $60 every 15 min. plus parts and labor. I know I will NEVER purchase another Samsung product, I have told all my family and friends, now others have told me they also have had problems with all Samsung products.

Original review: May 31, 2018

Samsung kitchen appliances came with our house we bought. We recently wanted to use the self cleaning cycle for the first time. Set it and it started. Some time passed and it never beeped like it was supposed to, all the lights off. Turns out it won't respond and the oven door is locked and can't open it. Off to Google I go and what do you know - hundreds of people complaining about how Samsung ovens are defective and this issue has happened to LOTS of people. On top of it, they said Samsung is not standing behind their product and are trying to charge customers to fix this issue.

I thought this could not be the case, so I called Samsung and yes, it is the case. They want to charge me to fix a defective product - which, given we used this feature once and it broke the oven seems clearly defective. If anyone knows how to join or start a class action lawsuit please contact me. Obviously I would not recommend Samsung to anyone. Pity, they could solve this very easily, but are choosing the shady path.

Original review: May 29, 2018

Two years ago we remodeled our kitchen. The new Samsung over the stove microwave matches the new Samsung stove and has some nice features and I do like it, but it is starting to make a 'grinding' noise. It seems to have caught something from its big brother, the stove. This stove has all the bells & whistles..Looks like a cooks delight... That's a disguise.The stove really sucks. It cooks everything to hot and the smooth top is a ** to clean compared to my old Whirlpool smooth top. The top burners on the Samsung take eons to come up, and when they do it mimics Kilauea. It will not do a 'simmer' but slow boils. I end up cooking everything on the small burner rings, including big pots. I had to drop the oven temperature down 25 degrees to get the right results. I called the Samsung repair service. The guy told me there is nothing wrong with the stove. He must be a Democrat.

Recently, when I use the oven, the convection fan started making noise... It is now making a racket. I checked with an appliance guy and he said that he has seen Samsung stove fans junk out before and eventually seize on a regular basis... the cost to replace the fan assembly would be about $300-$375 bucks. I went on the Internet and found videos on 'how-to' replace the fan. I found an appliance parts website. My husband looked at the YouTube videos and is going to fix the stove himself. Never a Samsung product again. I understand their TV's are not very good either.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Computers and Monitors?

Original review: May 21, 2018

So we purchased our Samsung oven in Dec. of 2016 and did not have it delivered due to construction until May 31st 2017 and not installed until June, (was told by Best Buy salesman that warranty did not start until the delivery date, which was a lie) so two days ago when going to cook something for lunch the oven would not heat. Nothing. Nada!!! It hasn't been hooked up a year yet. Called Samsung and no help. Nothing. We are stuck having to pay to have it repaired or try to do it ourselves. Bought over 2000 dollars worth of Samsung appliances that day and no help from Best Buy or Samsung whatsoever. So mad!!! How can a stove go out that fast? It's not even used daily. Never again and I will tell everyone I know not to buy Samsung appliances. Just waiting for the Fridge to go next!!!

Original review: May 18, 2018

Purchased a Samsung Gas Range from Home Depot on June 28, 2015. We had the range approximately 6 weeks and the oven in the range wouldn't heat above 150 degrees. We contacted Samsung and asked for a repair. Service technician came out and replaced the circuit board with what I believe was a refurbished board. Not long after this repair we contacted Home Depot and Samsung to let them know that the oven was still not heating correctly. The oven was not reaching the selected cooking temperature. We told Home Depot and the Samsung Customer service we wanted the oven replaced. Home Depot said we had to deal with Samsung. A service technician from Samsung came out again and told us that the oven is calibrated to reach the temperature that we select. In other words, we had to set the oven temp. to 375 for it to heat to 350?

We again complained to Home Depot and Samsung and nothing was done to replace the oven, the oven purchased was an $800 oven. Now the oven will not heat past 150 degrees again. We contacted Samsung and they want us to pay for the repair. I explained that the oven never worked as it should from the beginning. Samsung said, "Your warranty is up." I said the oven failed on warranty and never worked correctly from day one. We are experiencing the same problem over and over with the oven. I have contacted Samsung at least 4 times and I am getting a run-around.

The case Number/Ref Number is **. It is obvious that the oven was a lemon and should have been replaced. If this oven has failed and never worked correctly this problem will continue. This oven should have been replaced. I have contacted Samsung and they will not offer any assistance. The stove is an inferior product. I wish I would have read the reviews for Samsung Gas Ranges. I would not have purchased.

Original review: May 16, 2018

We purchased our Samsung electric induction range in May, 2015. Within months of purchase we needed a service call. (Our last range - certainly not a Samsung - lasted over 20 years without requiring service.) We decided to purchase an extended warranty, which supposedly expires either May 18, 2018 or August 18, 2018 - certificate states former, person on phone said latter. I asked him to confirm, and to let me know cost of extending for another year, since I do not trust this product, and repairs and parts are expensive.

Without going into a further list of complaints, suffice it to say that I had to call three times - kept disconnecting (and these folks manufacture and sell phones) - they also ask for customer's phone number at beginning of conversation! - and the website is sales-driven, so I was unable to purchase additional extended warranty online. I could go on, but I will stop here - this company has already wasted too much of my time! I encourage anyone who is considering a Samsung product to reconsider!

Original review: May 14, 2018

We bought an Appliance package last October from Bill Smith Appliances. I am very dissatisfied with the Electric range. It has serious safety issues. The knobs that turn off the range top, turn very easily as when someone walks by it, or if I reach up and brush the knob, the stovetop goes on and heats up the glass. I have done it many times. Recently, the stovetop went on, without turning it on, and burned a plastic bowl that sat on the top of the stove. I'm afraid that it will cause a fire, or burn someone not knowing it was on. I am very unhappy with the Samsung products and would not recommend them to anyone. Very dangerous! There was also a promotion for buying the appliance for $350 off the total cost. I have contacted Samsung, support@samsungpromo.zendesk.com and Bill Smith, phone #239-275-5555, because we still haven't received our rebate.

Original review: May 7, 2018

In November 2015 we purchased a Samsung Electric Range with Black Stainless finish. The model number is NE59J7630SG, recently we have noticed that the paint is flaking off around the oven door. Your hands do not come in contact with this area. We contacted Samsung and they told us it was too bad but they call it a cosmetic issue, so it is not covered under any warranty. The Best Buy protection policy does not cover it as well. After viewing many complaints about Samsung's Black stainless issues on the internet, both ranges and refrigerators we decided to push the issue. Samsung said they would send a repair person out but if the issue was deemed cosmetic we would have to pay the $200.00 service call. We have sent pictures and done everything they wanted and they will not back the product. It is my (and many others) opinion that appliances should not have paint peeling off of them after 2 1/2 years.

Original review: May 1, 2018

I have the same range that was just on the news, it turns on too easy, we have also noticed any touching of the knobs and the top burners turn on. THIS IS DEFINITELY GOING TO GET SOMEONE BURNED OR, BURN SOMEONE'S HOME DOWN!!! I love the range, my wife loves the range, but it is highly dangerous. Lean on it, brush against it, and the top burner is on!!!

Original review: April 26, 2018

Beware of this company... I purchased an expensive Samsung glass top slide in electric range model #NE58F9500SS/AA from Best Buy in Aug 2016. In Apr 2018 the left front inside burner stopped working and the oven quit working at the same time. This range, built by a 3rd rate country is a PIECE OF JUNK!

Original review: April 21, 2018

I bought a Samsung range (model # FE R300SXIX AA) a little over 3 years ago. During the Easter weekend of 2018, I tried to bake a cake. The cake did not get done. The oven did not reach the correct temperature. I called Samsung and a technician was sent to my home within a few days. He could not find anything wrong with the oven. The visit cost $125. I tried to bake something else and it did not get done. I called Samsung again and another technician came to my home. He stated the oven temperature was 100 degrees off the target temperature. He replaced a part and tried the temperature reading again. The temperature was still off the target. The technician said the oven needed a part he did not have with him.

Another appointment was made for him to return with the other part. The technician returned several days later with the other part. He replaced the part and said try the oven again because he thought it was repaired. This cost was another $175. After the technician left, I tried baking something again but it did not get done. I called Samsung again and the representative said there was nothing they could do because the warranty had expired. In order to get a partial refund for the range, the technician would have to state the oven was unfixable. I called the technician's office to make an appointment.

An appointment was made for him to return a few days later. The technician called my home and stated to my husband he does not know the cause of the problem with the oven but he could return and try several things to repair it. Each thing he tried could cost up to $500 or more. What's the use of a repair service when they are working in the blind and costing you a lot of money trying different things. I will never buy another Samsung electric range again. The Service and reliability are very unsatisfactory.

Original review: April 20, 2018

I have had my Samsung range for less than 4 years. The first time I use my broiler for an extended period of time, I receive an error message. I followed the troubleshooting information. I am told it will cost a minimum of $80 for repairs. I was given an account reference number of **, but no support or recommended solution.

Original review: April 15, 2018

Stove #NX58H5600S - Purchased the range In January of 2016. Recently noticed that the oven floor had corrosion spots (rusting) as well as cracks in the enamel of the oven floor. I was quite disappointed since I mostly use the cooktop rather than the oven. It has not had a lot of use. I felt that the oven floor was defective. I contacted Samsung and was told to send pictures, so that the situation could be evaluated. I was then told to contact a service center in another state to have the oven evaluated at my cost. The service manager, after viewing the photos, (did not actually see the rust and cracking) stated that the problem was not a defect but cosmetic and physical damage. Since the stove was out of warranty, I would have to pay for the repair myself. Samsung does not stand behind their products. I would never buy one of their products again or recommend them to anyone.

Original review: April 13, 2018

I have this induction range NE58H9970WS for 4 months now. Since the beginning the oven did not hold temperature and food was coming out undercooked. I had the same technician come out three times and replaced bunch of parts with no success. Samsung refused to send a different technician unless I was willing to pay for it. They told me the issue was that I didn't know how to use the oven and that the upper oven was not for baking?!?! Then they told me that I did not understand what customer support was! Really? Thanks for not supporting me, customer support! I'm not buying anything else Samsung. I would encourage you to weigh your options carefully!

Original review: April 9, 2018

We have had this Samsung electric range for a year and a half (so outside of warranty, of course!) and when heating oven, there is a strong electrical burning smell coming from behind the unit. It doesn't happen if only using stove. Samsung have offered no solution except for ME to pay THEIR repair service $99 for house call, $50 for "diagnostic" and then pay hourly rate for labor and parts. They offered to pay for parts, but I don't want anything more to do with Samsung products. They are terrible. I wonder if it is even fixable.

Original review: April 6, 2018

I am use to buying Samsung brand for about 5 year. My friends and family had good experience with the brand Samsung. I recently purchased a house and need appliances. I bought a refrigerator a washer and a gas range. The first two days that I had the washer it wouldn't spin so the store that I bought the washer replace it. Then the fridge had issues so my home warranty cover the issue. My stove range panel doesn't work and it was still under warranty with Samsung. They brought two technicians out to my house and I missed 2 days of work to try to get this resolved. The company Samsung then said that they won't replace. I escalated the issue to a supervisor and the supervisor said, "Sorry." They cant do anything. I don't recommend anybody to purchase their products. It's quick to have problems. Will never purchase any of their products ever again and will recommend my friends and family to purchase nothing from Samsung.

Original review: April 2, 2018

I have owned this pricey Samsung Induction Range NE58H9970WS for two years and am having oven issues that I would consider to be safety related. When using the lower section of my flex oven, the broiler in the top section comes on although not in use. It gets extremely hot and oven starts to smoke. On two occasions, the broiler remained on when oven features where all off. We had to turn off the circuit breaker to get it to stop. Samsung has indicated to me that there must be an internal hardware issue (no kidding!). I will be contacting the service technician in our area to have this rectified. Although I do love the induction cooktop, I would not purchase Samsung in future as it was expensive and they appear to have poor customer service.

Original review: March 27, 2018

Samsung electric slide-in range. First -- Samsung does not honor its warranties. Second -- in a period of 3 years, the left front burner cause a break in the glass in the same place while boiling water on 8, not high. After pressing Samsung relentlessly and being accused of lying, they finally replaced the top, but with no additional warranty. Their repair people here in Ill, Unique didn't even run diagnostics. Less than one year later the same burner caused the same break with the same configuration as stated above. I was across the room, no I didn't hit the glass and no I'm not a liar. Third -- I did manage to set a hot dog on fire using the broiler. I let the fire burn out as trying to fix it would add oxygen and that's not a great idea. It burned out the oven altogether. The oven will no longer work at all.

Finally -- as for operation --- If you lean on the control system at all -- say to lift a pot from the back burner, you will likely turn on another burner or turn your oven on or off without knowing it. Great product. So, after spending too much on an inferior product I am now in the position of having to spend even more money to purchase a new oven. One might also consider the battery and glass problems that Samsung has had with their phones. Inferior glass... Inferior sub-contractors (Unique)... Inferior claims dept. Don't do this to yourself.

Original review: March 27, 2018

We purchased our Samsung #FTQ353IWUX stove 8 years ago. There have always been little problems, all happening after our extended warranty expired. Ie: the glass top cracked; cleaning cycle never completely cleaned the oven; now I have a problem with the oven light flashing off and on and snap/crackling/popping when I turn the oven on. Purchased from Lowe's. They gave me 2 repair companies to call. Neither will touch a Samsung. So, off to buy a new stove in the next day or 2 and it will NOT be a Samsung.

Original review: March 26, 2018

We have a Samsung Induction Range purchase in 2013. There have been consistent issues, but nothing as serious as last night. I was washing dishes when I heard a clicking sound. When I looked over at the range, the panel and burner lights were flashing. Within seconds there was an extremely loud pop and then major arcs and flames. Since our breaker box was in the next room, I was able to turn power off to the unit right away.

The range is out of warranty, however, because an electrical fire should be considered a major safety issue, I contacted Samsung and explained what happened. So, Samsung is sending a appliance repairman out to assess the damage and because my oven was on fire, they won't charge me a diagnostic fee! Really Samsung? Shame on you! You should be taking this oven fire issue a little more seriously than you seem to be, especially in light of so many complaints that have been lodged against you just this year alone.

Original review: March 24, 2018

I am very unhappy with this "Samsung Oven" No#:(0D1NFDAH900088B), that I purchased in November of 2016, at Best Buy. I do homemade cakes for family and friends, each one I try to bake in this oven falls flat. It has been tested by Best Buy's technicians, and I still have the same problem. I have to go to my sister's house, because I can't bake a cake in my own oven. Not one cake that I tried to bake has risen properly in this oven. The oven is peeling and rusting on the inside and there is stains on the glass doors that will not come out. I WILL NEVER BUY A SAMSUNG APPLIANCE AGAIN!!! UNHAPPY CUSTOMER IN DALLAS.

Original review: March 19, 2018

I have had my gas oven/range (NX58H9500WS) for almost two years. It has worked fine. Suddenly the gas burners were not running properly. Orange flames instead of blue. I had it checked and all of the burners are LEAKING GAS when in the off position! Enough gas, that when the gas man walked into my house with his gas sniffer running, it went off immediately. Thank God we have not blown up by now! I will contact Samsung, but it doesn't look too promising. A $2000 range only good for two years...garbage!! Never Samsung again...NEVER!

Original review: March 18, 2018

I bought a brand new Samsung convection range NE59J7651WS, and it is only 23 months old. I have only used the self clean function twice before, and before this cycle completed the control panel fried and stopped working. Now I have to find a repair company to fix this. I noticed there are hundreds of customers that have the same issue and I think it would be appropriate for Samsung be accountable for this issue. A recall should happen and if not a class-action lawsuit may be started. I'm all for that!! I will definitely never buy another Samsung appliance again!

Original review: March 18, 2018

My Samsung range is only a couple of years old and there have already been a few electric fires in the back panel, and now my range is fried! I called Samsung support but they were no help at all and just told me to call some random place in my city but gave me no details on what was going to happen, and offered no apology. The person I spoke with was rude, and neither of us could understand the other...

Original review: March 15, 2018

I bought my Samsung FE710 in February of 2015. Almost immediately after purchase, the markings on the top to show the level of heat required and the number of rings desired started to wear off. Secondly, a crucial knob to deliver heat to the biggest ring malfunctioned, displaying a red light at all times. When this happened the electric circuit for the house blew. When power was restored, the red light came on - constantly again. My phone call to Samsung took over 2 hours, mostly on hold. I gave them purchase date, serial number, model number, and their only advice was to phone a repair place in another city. The knob defect has now been repaired, and after some discount, I paid over $300 - for a knob. My other problem continues.

Original review: March 14, 2018

Model FER300SX. I bought this 4 years ago. First the front glass is edge to edge and we barely tapped it with a small pot and it shattered so bad I had to remove it all together. The glass top is nearly impossible to keep clean and the oven never quite cooked evenly. Now, at 350 degrees, thermometer reads 175-200 after 40 minutes. Bad mistake this was. Won't buy another appliance with Samsung on it.

Original review: March 12, 2018

I just logged in to see if anything had changed. I purchased the Samsung set electric stove, fridge, dishwasher, microwave and washer dryer. This was for our winter home and used only 6 months a year. So other than entertaining these appliances do not get used. After reading these reviews I'm feeling very lucky. After two years we are on our second stovetop that has exploded (and not covered by warranty). The top is so bad you can slice your hand open just by cleaning.

The stove light stays on hot permanently, the cleaning feature has never worked, the heat is never even and the funniest thing is that the first time I cleaned it with Windex all of the numbers came off the dials. When I called them they agreed to cover it, wasted my time by sending out a repairman who then called me a liar and said I had broken the stove. I have never heard of such unethical handling in my life. I own apartments and have never had this problem with good old American products. And I will never shop at the store I purchased this at because they carried and supported such a horrible product.

Original review: March 9, 2018

I purchased model NE59J7850WS/AA. It was not heating properly and I called to have it serviced. When the service tech came out he stated that they had several problems with this unit and that's just the way it was. He didn't even have a thermometer with him to check if the oven was heating properly. After using my own thermometer he made a few calls and replaced the entire board in the back. It's working better but does not heat evenly. The newest issue is that the glass top is really hard to keep clean. I've had glass top stoves before and never had a problem like this. We called service and was told if it isn't a manufacturer defect we would have to pay for the service call. I think the most insulting thing was she was trying to tell us we didn't know how to clean the cooktop. I will never purchase another Samsung product. I don't believe they are a quality product.

Samsung Computers and Monitors expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Samsung has provided high-quality electronics, computer components and appliances for more than 70 years. Samsung engineers perfected microwave technology for the first home-use models in the early 1970s and their technology maintains that innovative spirit while designing modern cooking appliances.

• Dual fuel: Samsung was among the first companies to offer dual fuel cooking appliances that utilize both electric and gas heating for flexible usage.

• Curated product lines: Samsung maintains a small inventory of current models in comparison to other major brand names but dedicates itself to maintaining the highest quality in production and feature design for those models.

• Technology: Samsung leverages its experience in consumer electronics to provide the latest in cooking appliance technology, including network integration and "smart home" design.

• Affiliate partnerships: Samsung maintains relationships with a variety of brick and mortar retailers, giving buyers a range of choices for how and where to buy.

• Easy warranties: Samsung allows customers to call directly or schedule an appointment online to quickly and easily resolve issues covered by the manufacturer's warranty.

• Best for: Users cooking for one and users cooking for families.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs