Samsung Stove-Oven-Range
1.10/5
Based on 90 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Samsung Stove-Oven-Range

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 15, 2018

361 Samsung Stove-Oven-Range Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

I purchased this oven in Sept 2016. The self cleaning settings are for 3-5 hours. When I ran it on 3 hours previously, it did not clean the oven so this time I ran it on the 5 hours. About 3 1/2 hours into the process my husband and I noticed a very strong burning smell he thought smelled electrical or insulation. The ovens electronic control panel quit and the lock remains locked. I researching troubleshooting we found this is a complaint and the repair shop said it is a common issue that they repair frequently. We have not found out the costs to repair nor do we know the condition of the inside of the oven. This oven should be recalled as we have had sore throats since. We have found the costs to repair can be between $200 and $1100.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

This gas range fails within a year!!! PLUS it has been a total nightmare getting service for Samsung products. I finally realize from other reviews their products for the home are subpar. Only 1/2 the oven has worked the full oven has not. Now I have a brand new range with only a 1/2 oven!!! It is my understanding from reading other reviews if you use the self cleaning feature it MELTS the buttons and the circuit board. BEWARE OF THE short lived quality of the Samsung brand for this kind of product.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

Range NX58H5600SS: Bad experience with this range. I was smelling gas and I call my gas company, I have warranty with them. I was so mad because it's been over 3 weeks trying to resolve this problem, I spent like $800 on this range. They told me Samsung don't make this part any long or it's on back order. Now I think I have to buy a new stove. I will not be buying this brand. Customer service is horrible. I have this stove less than 2 years. I had another old stove which lasted over 20 years and no problems. I am very frustrated. Why would they discontinue a parts and the stove is still selling in stores.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

I bought Samsung range electric cooktop about 6 months ago. Very unhappy with this product! It’s impossible to clean and the temperature settings are always on high. Very disappointed!! Don’t buy Samsung.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

I bought a Samsung stove - cost over $1000 for dual ovens (when the slide in partition is used). It has always been ridiculously slow to reach cooking temperature - I have long since given up and just throw the food in and hope for the best. It's usually about 10 minutes to reach 350 degrees. The real problem started when I was broiling toast - happily I was watching it so when the back of stove caught fire I was there to shut everything down and hit the breaker. A huge circuit board caught fire and melted and destroyed all the wiring too.

I waited weeks for a technician who charged me $260 (through Samsung's site) and it worked again, but constantly makes clicking noises. The tech said this was normal!!! (It was clicking while he there.) I guess he thinks I'm stupid! Now the convection fan comes on without turning on the convection side and keeps running with the door is open. WHAT A PIECE OF JUNK!!! Good chance that my house would burned. SHAME ON SAMSUNG. They've ignored the fire issue for years.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Computers and Monitors?

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

Whenever I grill, broil, bake, meat or fowl on opening the oven door a huge cloud of smoke and fat hits me in the face stinging both my eyes and face. If anyone else has this problem please let me know as dealer (trail) and Samsung tell me nothing is wrong.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2018

Warning! Do not waste your money purchasing this colossal pile of garbage (5.8 cu. ft. Slide-In Induction Chef Collection Range NE58H9970WS). It rarely bakes/cooks evenly and it will frequently and rapidly overheat causing your food to burn and ultimately fry the electrical panel. Upon calling Samsung the only assistance they were able to provide was how to spend more of my money on their faulty product. Samsung takes zero responsibility for what is clearly a common issue with these oven ranges. As it stands my options are to spend $$ on a new electrical panel and the cost incurred on its installation and the additional fix-it repair to stop the oven from constantly overheating, or throw the darn thing away. I'm going with the latter of the two. I will never purchase anything from Samsung again. If I could give is NEGATIVE STARS I would.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2018

I bought the Samsung electric range model NE59J7630SG in July 2017 from Home Depot when they had the huge sale with refrigerator, microwave, and dishwasher. Before, I have been using a different brand electric range for years with no problem. After about 2 months later, I started to see white scratches in the middle of burner. It looked like some liquid residue right underneath the glass top, which I could not get rid of with cleaning. After 3.5 months later, one night, my mom used it before she went to bed, slept, and when we came out the next morning, we saw round shaped broken glasses on the cooktop which soon gave a big long crack across the burner. I called customer service asking for replacement (had 1yr warranty). They sent me a tech to diagnose, then they said they could not replace it because it's a physical damage.

I requested second opinion, they sent another tech who said he would request for the replacement, didn't hear anything back for 2 weeks. I called the tech and found out Samsung denied it since it's a physical damage. The tech said it would cost me $500 just to replace the top after I just spent $750 buying a new one. I have been fighting with Samsung for 2 months now, spoke with 4-5 different managers. Three of them gave me an approval to get it fixed at their cost, but nothing gets done. Every time I call them, I get a different rep at a different location, they cannot connect me to the person I spoke to before. You give them the ticket# with the approval, but doesn't matter. They don't care what the previous manager promised you, you will have to start from the beginning all over again.

They are saying it's their policy that physical damage is not covered by the warranty, I did something wrong with the range, doesn't admit that it's their product defect. I googled to see if people had the same problem as I did, I found people with the same problem!!! Even I found one on this website, this lady her pictures on here and it looked exactly the same as mine and she said one day she heard a loud bang in her kitchen and the crack on her cooktop!! Do not waste your money on Samsung product. Their product is horrible and when there is a problem, good luck with it.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2018

I bought the top of the line model of Samsung because I enjoyed their refrigerator actually... However, the gas oven is a nightmare. I thought having the two ovens would make my life simple... No it is not worth the effort. The ovens do not heat evenly. Half of the food always burns. The other half undercooked. The self cleaner only melted the knobs on the unit. The oven is still not clean. No one returns a call. Bought it at Lowe's. No resolution there either. Please know bad product and don't buy appliances at Lowe's.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

I have read other reviews and I am horrified to find that we are not alone in our experience. But what is even worse is that we bought our Samsung Range in late 2010 not because our 30 year old oven didn't work, but because I wanted a new sleek glass top. In Dec 2011, we also experienced the sizzling sound immediately followed by a loud POP and then black smoke and flames coming from behind the controls. After going the rounds with Samsung customer service etc, we finally got someone out to replace the motherboard at the cost of a service call for us because even though it had been just over a year, our product was out of warranty because it was manufactured 3 years prior to our purchase! Whatever!

Then, to make matters worse, while baking a cake today (nearly 6 years later), DEJA VU!! It happened again. Exactly the same as the first time. So here I did waiting for a return phone call because I told Samsung I wanted them to get their dangerous piece of crap out of my house before it killed my family, of which I'm certain it's capable of doing. I will NEVER buy another Samsung appliance and not only will I not recommend them, I'll also try to convince anyone that's thinking of getting one, not to!

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

I purchased and installed a Samsung Gas Range (NC58H9950WS) in Spring of 2015. I recently ran (Dec 2017) the oven cleaning feature, and now my display is not working. I've found many similar reviews stating their displays stopped working after running the cleaning program. The cost to repair this is approximately $1100 to replace both display boards (the range cost me around $2500 new). It would seem that Samsung sold us all a bill of goods by saying this feature is available on their range but in fact using the feature will make other parts of the range break down and require replacement. If you've had a similar experience, write your review!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2018

This induction range/oven (FTQ307NWGX/XAA) was very a very expensive piece of equipment. It looks beautiful and high end, but it's a useless piece of junk now and ready for the landfill. Samsung has discontinued making two parts that we need to fix the induction cooktop. The circuit boards blew up and there are no replacement parts being made. Samsung doesn't stand behind their products. They simply told us "sorry". Sorry?! That stove was over $2000 and cannot be fixed! How irresponsible of Samsung! Not only is this bad for the consumer, but it's bad for the environment! I understand that things break, but the fact that there are no parts being manufactured to fix it is inexcusable. Samsung has lost a customer for life!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

12/24/2017 My wife turn the oven on of our Samsung Range Model # FTQ3531WUX?XAA, about 5 minutes later heard two large "POPS". Wondering what the noise was went into kitchen to find black smoke billowing from the control panel. My wife came in about the same time. I pulled the stove away from the wall and my wife pulled the plug out of the wall. Flames were shooting out from the back side of the stove. Was able to extinguish fire and silence the smoke detectors. Luckily we were near or my kitchen, wall or entire house could have gone up in flames.

12/26/2017 I contacted Samsung Corp. I explained exactly what happened and the first thing they asked if anyone was injured. I said "NO, we acted fast." They said they would send a technician no charge service call or labor to determine if the cost would be greater the stove replacement. The part (new control panel) with tax came to $179.49. I thought it was cheaper than a new stove so he fixed it and charged me just for the part. The tech said he couldn't believe Samsung would only cover the trip charge and not the faulty part too. Maybe if someone got hurt or my house burned down would they cover it.

After we had it repaired I did a lot of research and I am not alone with this faulty problem. Numerous people owning Samsung stoves had fires too. I wrote another letter to Samsung Corp. explaining our situation and asked if I could have the amount of the part refunded. My request was denied again. They gave me a number in South Carolina to call, it was their product liability department. After nearly a half hour explaining our experience they refused to refund the cost of the part and said I should be happy they covered the service charge. I asked to talk to her supervisor and she said no one is above her. So that is our Samsung range story. My advice and my wife's is NEVER EVER BUY SAMSUNG!!! Your life could depend on it!!!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

Here it is in a nutshell (a rather big nutshell)... I STRONGLY advise against purchasing a Samsung range (Samsung MODEL NE59J7630SW) for the following reasons... Purchased 01/15/2017, delivered 02/07/2017. We have been contacting Samsung for service since October with no success. We have now been WITHOUT A WORKING RANGE FOR OVER A MONTH. The so-called "SERVICE and WARRANTY" for this appliance is a joke (See below). We have not used the stove as Samsung instructed for over a month.

We've spent $100's of dollars eating out and can only can eat cold sandwiches at home. We also had to cancel our Christmas gathering that we've had for 15 years due to this on-going problem. Samsung now says they don't have ANYONE to service our area and were promised a full REFUND (still waiting for it). We bought it at HOME DEPOT. So that you can fully understand our frustration, here's a log of how we've tried to resolve this...

10/16 - Called for service - "Hot element light stays on continuously" (NO CALLBACK OR RESPONSE). 11/06 - I burned my hand because I didn't know the element was actually HOT! 12/01 - Called again (ticket **) "Stove-top cracked" (Tech to call with service date, NO CALL RECEIVED). 12/07 - Received email from Samsung - CANCELLED TICKET/SERVICE CALL??? 12/07 - Called Home Depot appliance manager (said to try again, let him know if not resolved).

12/14 - EMAIL from Samsung (new ticket **) - Appointment made for 12/18 (NEVER SHOWED). 12/18 - No one showed up. Called Samsung, service center said date was 12/21 9am-1pm (said Samsung messed update). 12/21 - Tech called 11:30 am running late, changed to 3:30 pm. Tech called 4:30 stuck in traffic, will be here late (NEVER CALLED BACK OR SHOWED UP). We texted technician at 4:45 asked him to please come next day so we would have our stove by Xmas (NEVER REPLIED).

12/22 - Called Service Center, They said we were TOO FAR AWAY and they needed to service locals first. 12/22 - Called Samsung, They said they would find another service center to fix it by 12/27 or ISSUE US A REFUND. 12/22 - Called Home Depot - Rich called Samsung/called us back/said Samsung would repair it by 12/27. 12/23 - EMAIL from Samsung (new ticket **), said service center would call to set date (NO CALL RECEIVED). 12/26 - Called Home Depot (Rich) - got nowhere.

12/27 - Day came and went without any call from Samsung or service center. 12/28 - 4:55 pm - Call from Service Center to make appointment for 01/03/18 1 pm-3 pm. 12/28 - 4:56 pm - EMAIL from Samsung CANCELLED. 01/03/18 appointment just made a minute earlier!!! 12/29 - I CALLED SAMSUNG and spoke to 3 different people/supervisors and demanded REFUND as promised (GOT NOWHERE). 01/03 - Samsung called, they CAN'T FIND SERVICE CENTER, requested "Receipt" (we emailed it to EFAX@SEA.SAMSUNG.COM ref# **).

01/04 - Samsung called - they requested "Bill of Sale" (we emailed it to EFAX@SEA.SAMSUNG.COM ref# **). 01/05 - (5:31pm) Samsung called - requested "SPECIAL Bill of Sale" (was sent on 4th but we sent AGAIN to EFAX@SEA.SAMSUNG.COM). 01/05 - (7:52pm) Samsung called - said received "all of the information except... "MISSING THE SPECIAL CUSTOMER INVOICE RECEIPT". 01/05 - (8:57pm) I called Samsung back, told them we ALREADY SENT THEM EVERY DOCUMENT AND RECEIPT WE HAD RECEIVED from Home Depot.

01/10 - We re-emailed ALL PAPERWORK WE RECEIVED TO SAMSUNG AGAIN... sent to (EFAX@SEA.SAMSUNG.COM ref# **). 01/10 - We emailed copies of all papers to Samsung, Home Depot store manager AND our attorney. 01/10 - We are seeing our lawyer Monday (we'll NEVER purchase another Samsung product).

Original review: Jan. 6, 2018

Bought my Samsung Stainless Steel Gas slide-in range #NX58H9500WS on March 26, 2016. Last week after the holidays on 12/27/17 decided to use the self cleaning oven for very first time (oven was only lightly soiled). I picked the short 2hr cycle since it was the first time using the cleaning feature. About an hour later noticed the display lights were all off and oven was not running. Oven door was locked. The knobs and display panel were hot. Waited for it to cool down for hours. Nothing changed. Luckily the stove top still worked! Called PC Richards for my extended warranty service. A week later the repair tech came and said he has seen this problem many times before and that it is a known design flaw of the range and suggested I clean the stove manually from now on! I couldn’t believe what I was hearing - after spending over $2000.00 on a new range I am supposed to clean it by hand?

The tech ordered the 3 hidden thermal fuses and will return to repair when they come in. If that does not unlock the oven door he states it could be that the motherboard was also fried and need to be replaced. Luckily I have an extended warranty but if I attempt to use the self clean again will this happen all over again. I will be contacting Samsung for the answer. I am 60 yrs old and have never had to clean any oven manually before and don’t intend to start now! Apparently this is a known flaw and this product should be recalled by Samsung. I will wait until the tech returns with the parts (hopefully within another 2 weeks) and everything is fixed and then intend to contact Samsung again. This is a major inconvenience, not having an oven for at least 3-4 weeks. I hear the customer service and satisfaction at Samsung is less than adequate but I am relentless and will not accept this situation. I will keep you posted.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2017

Bought this new Samsung Oven Range NE58F9500SS along with other new Samsung appliances after remodel the whole kitchen Dec 17 2017. And before we start making breakfast I went for run and thanks to God the rest of the family stay home in their rooms when smoke detector went off. They came out of the room to find out the range flame was coming out of the oven area (12/30/2017). My older son try open the door to put out the fire and oven door keep latch, neither stove nor over was used at the moment. Smoke started coming out of the control panel. My son was able to put up the fire by force door open enough to where he can used the fire extinguisher. We fortune enough. Thank God. If the house was empty the whole house could be lost. I cannot believe Samsung has not recalled this product. My hope is that someone doesn't have to die before something is done.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

We have had our stove oven and microwave combo since January 2015. And in that short time our oven has broken 2 times and microwave just broke! It’s less than 3 years old!!! What happened to those stove and ovens we had for 8-10 years before they showed any distress?!! The numbers and info on the stove wiped off years ago, and now we GUESS what burner we are using and at what temp. Worst brand ever! Worst stove set we ever bought! Wish we did our homework and seen these bad reviews first.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2017

In the first month we had the unit rewired. It still has problems baking. We have doubled baking times on my a batch of cookies. We have also had problems with our Samsung washer. It was a ticking bomb literally.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2017

We purchased the top of the line Samsung free standing 30" gas range about two years ago from Best Buy and recently all of the knobs (5 including the center burner) started falling off. Looked at them. I can tell that the inside is cheap plastic and have cracked. We called and learned to replace them it's going to cost about $80 per knob so after tax and shipping fixing this thing is going to cost about $500. We paid just under $2,000 for this piece of junk. Buyer beware.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

We bought this range, Samsung NX58H565OWS in October 2014. In 3 years of normal family usage, we have had to replace the thermal coupler twice. All the knobs that control the stove top have broken and the cast iron grates have even broken. In over 25 years of owning appliances, I have never had one that broke down in so many ways. Never had knobs or grates broken before and two thermo couplers??? To make matters worse, my local appliance repair company won't service Samsung, wish I'd known that before I bought it, lesson learned. I understand why they won't service this badly constructed stove/range. When I contact Samsung for help, the first guy hung up on me. The second lady just sent me to the parts department so that I could purchase all the replacement parts I needed. Time to buy a new stove, never again will it be a Samsung. Really disappointed!

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

We purchased the Samsung Electric Range Model NE595R0ABSR Oct. 2014. The convection fan in the oven stopped working. This also causes the oven temp. to drop. Contacted Samsung Consumer Support. I was told the item is out of warranty. They will not provide a part number or allow you to purchase the items to repair the issue. They do have preferred service companies aka sub-contractors. Samsung can not or will not provide an estimate on what the repair may cost. I'm in my 40s and remember appliances of my parents and grandparents lasting 20 plus years. I will NEVER purchase or recommend ANY Samsung appliance!

Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

Bought this new Samsung Oven Range NE58F9500SS along with other new Samsung appliances and moved into our new home we built in March 2017. I cleaned the oven today for the first time (12/9/2017) and 2 hours into the cleaning process the display went blank and the oven shut off completely. I noticed a distinct horrible odor of melting plastic. Smoke started coming out of the control panel. The control panel melted from the heat. I have read other reviews on this same oven that have the same complaint as I have. I cannot believe Samsung has not recalled this product. My hope is that someone doesn't have to die before something is done. DO NOT BUY SAMSUNG.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2017

Our new puppy likes to counter surf and has turned on the knobs several times but even before that we have done it ourselves by bumping into them. The most recent time caused a small fire. I am very upset. There are Zero safety devices that will fit this design knob. My only option is to remove the knobs when not cooking and it's hard to get the whole family to comply with that. This product (Slide in electric range model NE58F9500SS) should be recalled. I can't believe there have been so many reports of this and there is no fix and Samsung has done nothing.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

After reading reviews (most were not good) I decided to buy this range (Samsung NE58F9500SS). While it IS beautiful, it lasted only 3 days before going into terminal meltdown. I cooked a turkey in it, the following day, I put it on 'clean'. It locked the door, heated up, melted something inside the control panel area, and never came back on. I won't buy Samsung again!!

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

In 2012, I purchased a Samsung microwave, electric stove/range, and refrigerator. During the first year, the control panel on the refrigerator stopped working three times. Fortunately, the refrigerator was under the one-year warranty, and Samsung paid to have the panel replaced each time. So far, I have had no further problems with the refrigerator. Within five years, the handle on the microwave pulled off. Within two years of purchasing the stove, the oven completely stopped working. The cost to repair was nearly as much as a new stove plus the repairman could not guarantee when the parts would arrive from overseas.

I decided to purchase another stove and stuck with the same Samsung model as it matched the other appliances in my kitchen. Who could imagine (not me!) that within two years, the ceramic stove-top, for absolutely no reason, would crack and shatter. I can understand occasional problems with manufactured products, but to have all four appliances perform so poorly within five years is indicative of gross incompetence and poor workmanship on the part of Samsung.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

I have a Samsung Induction Range built in 2012. It's a model # NE597N0PBSR. It's an awful appliance. It's broken and the cost to repair it is at least $800. Samsung says I'm on my own. No warranty for their junk! Who can we contact to demand that they repair such an expensive item when it's so new? I certainly do not recommend that anyone bother with this appliance. Even if it did work it's very awkward to use.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

Brand new Samsung range purchased a little over a year ago, went to clean a smudge off with a water dampened microfiber cloth and the black coating started flaking off of the front near the edge of the door handle. Called Samsung and they of course won't cover it because they consider it cosmetic damage! It's not cosmetic. It's defective! Never buy Samsung!!!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

Buyer beware of purchasing any Samsung home appliance. I purchased a complete stainless steel kitchen set, fridge, stove, dishwasher, microwave, in July, 2017. They look beautiful, but don't work. Repairmen have been to my home eight times in 4 months. Only the microwave has been problem free. The ice maker has been replaced three times and still makes slushy ice. The dishwasher was delivered with multiple problems, which Samsung claimed were not their fault. Begging with Home Depot got me a replacement from them, not Samsung. Now the finish is coming off in black globs.

The stove had an oven door that did not close properly. Multiple trips by Samsung repairman finally resulted in having to have the oven door replaced. That only occurred after long conversations with Samsung customer service, and a request for the address of their administrative office. They said they were doing it for me as a one time courtesy. Their repair service (Lake Electronics in our area) matches Samsung in their incompetence and customer disservice. Be smart and invest your hard earned money in a company whose products are worthwhile.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

Our Samsung Induction Stove caught fire, luck we were at home, extended warranty company was no help had to go back to the place of purchase for them to put pressure on them to have someone come out in 2 WEEKS! I belong to a Chef's Guild. Believe me what we Chefs talk about will not help Samsung's future sales. For now no more Samsung products. They do not stand behind their products.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

Bought all new Samsung appliances when we built our house. Stove worked well at first. Liked the rapid boil burner. Right after the extended Lowe's warranty expired, the rapid boil burner would go crazy. It was insanely hot no matter what temp you set it on. Burned everything you'd try to cook on it. Found the problem, replaced the part. Less than a year later both front burners are doing the same thing. Also used the self-clean oven, enamel came off very badly. It's so damaged I couldn't use it. Top and bottom of the oven look like someone took a grinder to it. Deep gashes. Flaking off. Since it's on the top it falls into your food. Noticed today as we were pulling it out to replace with a new range, oven actually has a hole in the bottom. Very expensive Samsung fridge is already starting to freeze items in the back of the fridge. Will never purchase another Samsung appliance. Great TVs, horrible appliances.

Samsung Computers and Monitors expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Samsung has provided high-quality electronics, computer components and appliances for more than 70 years. Samsung engineers perfected microwave technology for the first home-use models in the early 1970s and their technology maintains that innovative spirit while designing modern cooking appliances.

• Dual fuel: Samsung was among the first companies to offer dual fuel cooking appliances that utilize both electric and gas heating for flexible usage.

• Curated product lines: Samsung maintains a small inventory of current models in comparison to other major brand names but dedicates itself to maintaining the highest quality in production and feature design for those models.

• Technology: Samsung leverages its experience in consumer electronics to provide the latest in cooking appliance technology, including network integration and "smart home" design.

• Affiliate partnerships: Samsung maintains relationships with a variety of brick and mortar retailers, giving buyers a range of choices for how and where to buy.

• Easy warranties: Samsung allows customers to call directly or schedule an appointment online to quickly and easily resolve issues covered by the manufacturer's warranty.

• Best for: Users cooking for one and users cooking for families.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs

www.samsung.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use