2.3/5 (972 ratings)

About Samsung Stove-Oven-Range

Samsung is an appliance company that manufactures household appliances like microwaves, stoves, refrigerators and ovens. Samsung’s ovens and stoves come with free shipping, and there are financing options available.

Pros

• Widely available
  • Free shipping
  • Sleek, modern designs

Cons

• Mixed reviews for customer service
  • May be difficult to find repair techs

Bottom Line

Samsung is a popular appliance manufacturer. The company's stoves, ovens and ranges feature multiple smart features, and the company produces a wide variety of products.

Top Samsung Stove-Oven-Range Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

I purchased a Samsung ceramic top range and cannot say enough great things about it. It works as advertised and has loads of fantastic features. The oven is by far the best convec...

Verified

Love the 5 burners on the stove. The middle burner is great for simmering or keeping something warm… It pays to spend a little more on a good quality stove. You don't want to have...

Samsung stove and oven types

Samsung offers three different stove and oven types. The right model for you will depend on how much space you have, the features that are important to you and your budget. Samsung breaks its stoves and ovens down into ranges, wall ovens and cooktops and hoods.

Ranges
A range is a single unit that combines a stove on the top and an oven on the bottom. Samsung ranges are sleek and innovative and come in gas, electric and dual-fuel options.
Built-in wall ovens
Built-in wall ovens let you save space in your kitchen while still giving you flexibility. These units come in single, double and microwave combination options designed to blend in with your kitchen.

Samsung’s built-in wall ovens have a seamless touch-control panel that replaces traditional oven knobs. This gives the oven a sleek and elegant finish. The built-in wall ovens come in three different categories: entry-level, deluxe and premium.

Cooktops and hoods
Cooktops are the stove portion of the range without the oven option underneath. Cooktops come in gas, electric and induction options. All cooktops have five burners and use Wi-Fi and Bluetooth to communicate with Samsung hoods for proper circulation. You can download the Samsung app and check the status of your burners, which is a great feature for people who always worry that they left the stove on.

Cooktops are a popular choice for consumers who want a more high-end look, and they make it easier for multiple cooks to move around the kitchen by spreading out kitchen appliances.

Kitchen hoods are installed above a cooktop and have a fan and, on some models, a light inside. These appliances remove fumes, smoke, heat and steam from the air while you’re cooking.

How do Samsung appliances work?

Samsung appliances are designed to fit seamlessly into your kitchen and be ready to use almost immediately after installation. Each type of stove and oven comes with features to make cooking safer and easier.

Many Samsung appliances connect to Wi-Fi so you can monitor your appliances from your smart devices and adjust timers and temperatures even when you aren’t in the kitchen. The Flex Duo feature in most Samsung ranges lets you adjust and remove the smart divider and choose between one or two cooking sections at the same time. The dual door gives you access to just the top of the oven for energy efficiency and flexibility.

Samsung ranges come with a self-cleaning feature, air frying options, reversible cast iron griddles and modern induction technology. Hoods come on automatically when the cooktop is activated to ensure proper circulation throughout the kitchen.

Samsung stove price

Samsung cooktops, ranges, hoods, and built-in ovens come in a variety of different models and price points.

ProductPrice
Microwave combination oven$1,300 - $4,300
Gas cooktops$700 - $1,700
Electric cooktops $600 - $1,400

Samsung Stoves and Ovens FAQ

Where can I buy a Samsung oven?
You can buy a Samsung oven anywhere you buy kitchen appliances, including Home Depot, Lowe's and Best Buy.
Do Samsung gas ranges come with an LP conversion kit?
Yes. All Samsung gas ranges can be converted to use liquid propane. Samsung gas ranges come with the LP conversion kit that includes LP orifices and instructions for installation and conversion.
Are Samsung ovens self-cleaning?
Yes. Samsung ovens come with quiet and efficient self-cleaning options.

Are Samsung stoves good?

Samsung has been a trusted manufacturer for appliances for decades. The company offers extended warranties, free shipping and extended returns. It features a wide variety and stoves, ovens and cooktops at various price points to suit most budgets, and the smart features will appeal to tech-savvy customers. The products are durable, stylish and functional, but the customer service has received mixed reviews.

Samsung Stove-Oven-Range Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Stove-Oven-Range?

Original review: Feb. 23, 2022

I purchased this range/oven about 4 months ago. I’ve had several smooth top ranges before and I could always get marks and food off with ceramic stovetop cleaner….But not with this one! I purchased new cookware to start with a clean slate and I’m so careful with the stovetop. I’m really frustrated with trying to keep it “new” like all my previous ones. There are marks all over it and dull places where I cleaned with a scratch proof pad and ceramic stove top cleaner. The mirrored black shows every smear and smudge. I literally have to buff it with a clean towel every time.

That being said, one reason I purchased this stove is for the low temp presets on the oven. I make bread and it’s hard to find an oven that will go below 170°. I’ve enjoyed this feature very much. The air fry feature, not so much. It has to be set above 450° to get good results and it takes way too long vs a countertop air fryer. Overall, the range/oven operates fine. I just wish the smooth top was a little better quality and more resistant to marks, residue and smears. None of my previous smooth tops had this issue.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

The digital Samsung convection oven with the 5-gas-burner option (long burner in the middle) is an excellent choice! The range does everything that I would want it to do while maintaining steadfast temperatures in the oven as well as controlled trickle-gas flames on the stove top. The only negative comment that I would make is cleaning the stove top with its anodized black cover. Never use an abrasive when cleaning or you'll scratch the hell out of it! I would recommend replacing the cover with stainless steel. My food otherwise comes out perfectly each and every time!

Get buying tips about Ranges, Ovens, and Stoves delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2021

My new Samsung gas stove is awesome! It has a convection and airfry oven! I love the way the gastop burners work. I had a gas stove previously, but was shocked how much nicer this Samsung is. It is also 5 burners (griddle center burner).

Original review: Nov. 5, 2021

I like this range overall over others because it's durable when you cook. When you set temperature it cooks the food evenly and baking also. It fits right into the space and it looks good. I will recommend this style and brand to others. I will purchase this brand forever.

Original review: May 16, 2022

I purchased this range thru Home Depot in July of 2019. Last week one of the burner knobs broke. I called & spoke to someone @ Samsung & they told me since I didn't purchase the extended warranty they would not replace it. I told them that the range is only 3 yrs old the knobs shouldn't be breaking. They are made of plastic & painted to look like metal. Now this week two more of the knobs have broken. Do not buy Samsung they do not stand behind their product.

Original review: April 30, 2022

On July 30, 2020 we purchased a new Samsung Gas Range, Model NX58M6630SS from Lowes. We also thankfully purchased a 3 year warranty on it. Several months after we had to have the top right burner head replaced. On April 22, 2022 (21 months) while using the oven to bake with our house suddenly filled with gas setting my gas leak alarm off and requiring us to get everyone out of the house. We immediately disconnected the gas suppy to the stove.

Samsung sent a service technician out on April 29 (8 days with no range to use). The technician found an electrical short related to the oven light. We were told to contact Samsung the following day which we did since we did not want it repaired for fear of a similar incident happening. The trauma of living with the idea that we could all die from a gas leak is too much.

Samsung offered a partial refund of our purchase price which we refused. We told them that we were going to replace it with an electric range and pay for a new electric line to be installed. They then suggested a replacement with one of their electric ranges. We will not have another Samsung product in our home fearful that a similar event might occur. At this writing we are still negotiating with them for refund and loss of use. We are also filing a complaint with our state Consumer Protection Agency. The thought that we could have all been killed from a gas explosion and/or our home destroyed is unbearable.

Original review: April 23, 2022

Purchased this gas stove from Home Depot March 31, 2022. It was delivered on April 8, 2022. Turned on the stove on April 9th, the following day. Within a minute, we had burning eyes, sore throats, etc...Took the animals, kids, out of the house, and opened windows. We stayed out of the house for a couple of hours. Home Depot came out to the house and determined that the Samsung stove had a gas leak. Home Depot is scheduled to pick up the faulty Samsung gas range on April 23, 2022. NOTE: Have replaced this Samsung with an LG gas range. No problems.

Original review: April 1, 2022

I spoke to the customer service center on 3 occasions about the black stainless chipping off, nice then I have only used wet paper towels and the black stainless “appearance” has in places completely WIPED off! The range was over 2 grand and I was told there is nothing Samsung will do for a "cosmetic" issue. DO NOT TRUST THESE PRODUCTS! Completely shocked and dismayed!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2022

We purchased the Samsung 30" slide in electric range manuf. March 2021 from Lowe's and it was delivered Oct. 2021. The burner has twice inadvertently turned on by just bumping the front dials. In both cases there was something on the stovetop that CAUGHT ON FIRE. This happened once to myself and another time by a contractor working in the kitchen. Researching, I found two videos on Youtube that documented similar events. Since the stove has been in place over three months, I cannot return it to Lowe's and I have spent many hours unsuccessfully getting assistance from Samsung. This has been a problem with Samsung stoves, apparently for several years. Please, for your safety, DO NOT BUY.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2021

I bought my Samsung oven in June 2019. I self cleaned it a year later and everything seems to be working fine. I tried to self clean this year in September and all of a sudden it stopped in just about 20 minutes, then I tried to do it again and it stopped again. I tried it the next day but the same thing happen again. I got an error code that the fans are not cooling enough. I had to wait and still waiting this day for ABT to fix the problem. The biggest problem is not that, after I self cleaned this time I got a spot inside the oven that looks like a stain but it's not. I tried to clean it but it's getting bigger and bigger every time I touch it. By the way this happened after the self clean because I never had it before and it looks like as of the paint is starting to peel. The second problem that I have encountered with this range is that ever since I started using the middle burner, the paint started to peel around it as well. Just a reminder this is only 2 years old range.

I called Samsung twice and they promised me that someone will come out to help me with the problem. They gave me one time complimentary warranty since the manufacturer warranty is only for 1 year. I also had to tell the customer service people that if there is nothing that they can do about it, don't waste my time and send someone here, and the guy told me, "NO. They will be able to help you." A tech came out and looked at it and then he had to call his boss and show him what was happing to our oven and top of the stove, then guess what he tells me? "I am sorry, but this is cosmetic and it's not covered," and that's what I didn't want to hear. I was so frustrated, and pissed off. What a waste of my time.

I called the customer service and the lady told me that she is sorry that this had happen to me and there is nothing anybody can do for me at this time. I have never in my life had such an experience, and had to write a bad review about any company. I used to think Samsung was good, not anymore. I don't recommend it for anyone to buy it. I wish I had done some research before buying.

Samsung Stove-Oven-Range Company Information