1.10/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Last updated: April 15, 2018

381 Samsung Stove-Oven-Range Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 15, 2018

Stove #NX58H5600S - Purchased the range In January of 2016. Recently noticed that the oven floor had corrosion spots (rusting) as well as cracks in the enamel of the oven floor. I was quite disappointed since I mostly use the cooktop rather than the oven. It has not had a lot of use. I felt that the oven floor was defective. I contacted Samsung and was told to send pictures, so that the situation could be evaluated. I was then told to contact a service center in another state to have the oven evaluated at my cost. The service manager, after viewing the photos, (did not actually see the rust and cracking) stated that the problem was not a defect but cosmetic and physical damage. Since the stove was out of warranty, I would have to pay for the repair myself. Samsung does not stand behind their products. I would never buy one of their products again or recommend them to anyone.

Original review: April 13, 2018

I have this induction range NE58H9970WS for 4 months now. Since the beginning the oven did not hold temperature and food was coming out undercooked. I had the same technician come out three times and replaced bunch of parts with no success. Samsung refused to send a different technician unless I was willing to pay for it. They told me the issue was that I didn't know how to use the oven and that the upper oven was not for baking?!?! Then they told me that I did not understand what customer support was! Really? Thanks for not supporting me, customer support! I'm not buying anything else Samsung. I would encourage you to weigh your options carefully!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: April 9, 2018

We have had this Samsung electric range for a year and a half (so outside of warranty, of course!) and when heating oven, there is a strong electrical burning smell coming from behind the unit. It doesn't happen if only using stove. Samsung have offered no solution except for ME to pay THEIR repair service $99 for house call, $50 for "diagnostic" and then pay hourly rate for labor and parts. They offered to pay for parts, but I don't want anything more to do with Samsung products. They are terrible. I wonder if it is even fixable.

Original review: April 6, 2018

I am use to buying Samsung brand for about 5 year. My friends and family had good experience with the brand Samsung. I recently purchased a house and need appliances. I bought a refrigerator a washer and a gas range. The first two days that I had the washer it wouldn't spin so the store that I bought the washer replace it. Then the fridge had issues so my home warranty cover the issue. My stove range panel doesn't work and it was still under warranty with Samsung. They brought two technicians out to my house and I missed 2 days of work to try to get this resolved. The company Samsung then said that they won't replace. I escalated the issue to a supervisor and the supervisor said, "Sorry." They cant do anything. I don't recommend anybody to purchase their products. It's quick to have problems. Will never purchase any of their products ever again and will recommend my friends and family to purchase nothing from Samsung.

Original review: April 2, 2018

I have owned this pricey Samsung Induction Range NE58H9970WS for two years and am having oven issues that I would consider to be safety related. When using the lower section of my flex oven, the broiler in the top section comes on although not in use. It gets extremely hot and oven starts to smoke. On two occasions, the broiler remained on when oven features where all off. We had to turn off the circuit breaker to get it to stop. Samsung has indicated to me that there must be an internal hardware issue (no kidding!). I will be contacting the service technician in our area to have this rectified. Although I do love the induction cooktop, I would not purchase Samsung in future as it was expensive and they appear to have poor customer service.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Computers and Monitors?

Original review: March 27, 2018

Samsung electric slide-in range. First -- Samsung does not honor its warranties. Second -- in a period of 3 years, the left front burner cause a break in the glass in the same place while boiling water on 8, not high. After pressing Samsung relentlessly and being accused of lying, they finally replaced the top, but with no additional warranty. Their repair people here in Ill, Unique didn't even run diagnostics. Less than one year later the same burner caused the same break with the same configuration as stated above. I was across the room, no I didn't hit the glass and no I'm not a liar. Third -- I did manage to set a hot dog on fire using the broiler. I let the fire burn out as trying to fix it would add oxygen and that's not a great idea. It burned out the oven altogether. The oven will no longer work at all.

Finally -- as for operation --- If you lean on the control system at all -- say to lift a pot from the back burner, you will likely turn on another burner or turn your oven on or off without knowing it. Great product. So, after spending too much on an inferior product I am now in the position of having to spend even more money to purchase a new oven. One might also consider the battery and glass problems that Samsung has had with their phones. Inferior glass... Inferior sub-contractors (Unique)... Inferior claims dept. Don't do this to yourself.

Original review: March 27, 2018

We purchased our Samsung #FTQ353IWUX stove 8 years ago. There have always been little problems, all happening after our extended warranty expired. Ie: the glass top cracked; cleaning cycle never completely cleaned the oven; now I have a problem with the oven light flashing off and on and snap/crackling/popping when I turn the oven on. Purchased from Lowe's. They gave me 2 repair companies to call. Neither will touch a Samsung. So, off to buy a new stove in the next day or 2 and it will NOT be a Samsung.

Original review: March 26, 2018

We have a Samsung Induction Range purchase in 2013. There have been consistent issues, but nothing as serious as last night. I was washing dishes when I heard a clicking sound. When I looked over at the range, the panel and burner lights were flashing. Within seconds there was an extremely loud pop and then major arcs and flames. Since our breaker box was in the next room, I was able to turn power off to the unit right away.

The range is out of warranty, however, because an electrical fire should be considered a major safety issue, I contacted Samsung and explained what happened. So, Samsung is sending a appliance repairman out to assess the damage and because my oven was on fire, they won't charge me a diagnostic fee! Really Samsung? Shame on you! You should be taking this oven fire issue a little more seriously than you seem to be, especially in light of so many complaints that have been lodged against you just this year alone.

Original review: March 24, 2018

I am very unhappy with this "Samsung Oven" No#:(0D1NFDAH900088B), that I purchased in November of 2016, at Best Buy. I do homemade cakes for family and friends, each one I try to bake in this oven falls flat. It has been tested by Best Buy's technicians, and I still have the same problem. I have to go to my sister's house, because I can't bake a cake in my own oven. Not one cake that I tried to bake has risen properly in this oven. The oven is peeling and rusting on the inside and there is stains on the glass doors that will not come out. I WILL NEVER BUY A SAMSUNG APPLIANCE AGAIN!!! UNHAPPY CUSTOMER IN DALLAS.

Original review: March 19, 2018

I have had my gas oven/range (NX58H9500WS) for almost two years. It has worked fine. Suddenly the gas burners were not running properly. Orange flames instead of blue. I had it checked and all of the burners are LEAKING GAS when in the off position! Enough gas, that when the gas man walked into my house with his gas sniffer running, it went off immediately. Thank God we have not blown up by now! I will contact Samsung, but it doesn't look too promising. A $2000 range only good for two years...garbage!! Never Samsung again...NEVER!

Original review: March 18, 2018

I bought a brand new Samsung convection range NE59J7651WS, and it is only 23 months old. I have only used the self clean function twice before, and before this cycle completed the control panel fried and stopped working. Now I have to find a repair company to fix this. I noticed there are hundreds of customers that have the same issue and I think it would be appropriate for Samsung be accountable for this issue. A recall should happen and if not a class-action lawsuit may be started. I'm all for that!! I will definitely never buy another Samsung appliance again!

Original review: March 18, 2018

My Samsung range is only a couple of years old and there have already been a few electric fires in the back panel, and now my range is fried! I called Samsung support but they were no help at all and just told me to call some random place in my city but gave me no details on what was going to happen, and offered no apology. The person I spoke with was rude, and neither of us could understand the other...

Original review: March 15, 2018

I bought my Samsung FE710 in February of 2015. Almost immediately after purchase, the markings on the top to show the level of heat required and the number of rings desired started to wear off. Secondly, a crucial knob to deliver heat to the biggest ring malfunctioned, displaying a red light at all times. When this happened the electric circuit for the house blew. When power was restored, the red light came on - constantly again. My phone call to Samsung took over 2 hours, mostly on hold. I gave them purchase date, serial number, model number, and their only advice was to phone a repair place in another city. The knob defect has now been repaired, and after some discount, I paid over $300 - for a knob. My other problem continues.

Original review: March 14, 2018

Model FER300SX. I bought this 4 years ago. First the front glass is edge to edge and we barely tapped it with a small pot and it shattered so bad I had to remove it all together. The glass top is nearly impossible to keep clean and the oven never quite cooked evenly. Now, at 350 degrees, thermometer reads 175-200 after 40 minutes. Bad mistake this was. Won't buy another appliance with Samsung on it.

Original review: March 12, 2018

I just logged in to see if anything had changed. I purchased the Samsung set electric stove, fridge, dishwasher, microwave and washer dryer. This was for our winter home and used only 6 months a year. So other than entertaining these appliances do not get used. After reading these reviews I'm feeling very lucky. After two years we are on our second stovetop that has exploded (and not covered by warranty). The top is so bad you can slice your hand open just by cleaning.

The stove light stays on hot permanently, the cleaning feature has never worked, the heat is never even and the funniest thing is that the first time I cleaned it with Windex all of the numbers came off the dials. When I called them they agreed to cover it, wasted my time by sending out a repairman who then called me a liar and said I had broken the stove. I have never heard of such unethical handling in my life. I own apartments and have never had this problem with good old American products. And I will never shop at the store I purchased this at because they carried and supported such a horrible product.

Original review: March 9, 2018

I purchased model NE59J7850WS/AA. It was not heating properly and I called to have it serviced. When the service tech came out he stated that they had several problems with this unit and that's just the way it was. He didn't even have a thermometer with him to check if the oven was heating properly. After using my own thermometer he made a few calls and replaced the entire board in the back. It's working better but does not heat evenly. The newest issue is that the glass top is really hard to keep clean. I've had glass top stoves before and never had a problem like this. We called service and was told if it isn't a manufacturer defect we would have to pay for the service call. I think the most insulting thing was she was trying to tell us we didn't know how to clean the cooktop. I will never purchase another Samsung product. I don't believe they are a quality product.

Original review: March 7, 2018

A week ago, I used the broil setting on my newly installed Samsung Double Wall Oven. Within 5 minutes, the oven reported "Overheating" and a C-21 error. The oven was VERY hot. Of course, I immediately called support since the oven was under warranty and only a little more than a month old. It took a week to get service from Samsung's authorized repair team - Dish.com. I was dubious when the service person started looking up repair instructions on his phone. (Only one arrived for something I knew would require removing the 265 lb. oven) After reading the repair instructions for a while, he decided he would need help in removing the oven and called for a second person.

After arrival, they proceeded to remove the oven. The stand they set up to support the oven wasn't secured and I watched as they dropped the oven on the floor and it proceeded to tip over and put multiple dents and scratches in the new Samsung refrigerator. So now I have a damaged refrigerator that up to this time was 100% scratch free. Once they replaced the control board (which is a part that shouldn't fail in less than a month), they started reinstallation. While reinstalling the doors that have to be removed to pull the unit out - they dropped the upper oven door. It landed on the latch of the lower oven bending the latch, so the oven won't close. Of course, in the process, the oven door finish was chipped. Not just scratched but chipped down to raw metal. This is all not to mention the dent in the floor and paint/drywall damage.

So now going on the second week - I still have an unusable oven and the bonus of a damaged refrigerator. They tell me it will take 3 days to get someone out to look at the damage. No indication of when it'll be made whole. As an architect and Director of Design with over 750 luxury apartment units on the drawing board right now - I won't be specifying Samsung appliances.

Original review: March 2, 2018

When I bought my Samsung self-cleaning range with convection oven and glass door it never occurred to me that dirt could get between the double glass on the oven door. I have had ranges from other manufacturers with see-thru doors before and have never experienced a problem. The Samsung, however, manages to collect dust so that after three years I can't even see the interior of the oven. I had a Samsung repair specialist look at it and he said there's no way to clean it.

After three years the self-cleaning process no longer cleans and burners have hot spots. I've stopped using the convection feature because there's no difference between that and the regular oven as far as performance is concerned. I am very unhappy with the Samsung range and am looking forward to replacing it soon. I would not recommend a Samsung product to my worse enemy if I had one. Suggest if you are thinking of buying Samsung you run as fast as you can in another direction.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2018

Purchased a Samsung oven June 5, 2016. Within 18 months the finish on the inside started peeling off. If you pull out the oven racks the finish is off, the bottom of the oven the finish is off. We paid $ 1700.00 for this oven and of course Samsung will not do anything, they say it's cosmetic. Regardless if it is cosmetic or not an oven should last longer than 18 months, unless it is not meant to be used for baking or cooking. And of course if the powder coating is peeling then the cooking temp, will vary which it does, have hotspots. Samsung does not care about their customers, they sell crappy products. Now I'm afraid to do the self-cleaning. Who knows what will happen.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

We bought a package deal at Best Buy in December 2016 - a Samsung dishwasher, refrigerator, microwave and slide in double oven. In one year's time, 3 of the 4 appliances have broken and need expensive parts. However, the gas slide in range is by far the worst product (NX58K9850). After using the self cleaning feature for the first time, the oven over-heated and door locked. We have to pay $400 to replace the control board to get it to work again. After seeing so many similar complaints, I can't believe there isn't a recall on this oven. We will NEVER buy a Samsung appliance again. Wish I had seen this site Before I made my purchase!

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

I purchased this oven in Sept 2016. The self cleaning settings are for 3-5 hours. When I ran it on 3 hours previously, it did not clean the oven so this time I ran it on the 5 hours. About 3 1/2 hours into the process my husband and I noticed a very strong burning smell he thought smelled electrical or insulation. The ovens electronic control panel quit and the lock remains locked. I researching troubleshooting we found this is a complaint and the repair shop said it is a common issue that they repair frequently. We have not found out the costs to repair nor do we know the condition of the inside of the oven. This oven should be recalled as we have had sore throats since. We have found the costs to repair can be between $200 and $1100.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

This gas range fails within a year!!! PLUS it has been a total nightmare getting service for Samsung products. I finally realize from other reviews their products for the home are subpar. Only 1/2 the oven has worked the full oven has not. Now I have a brand new range with only a 1/2 oven!!! It is my understanding from reading other reviews if you use the self cleaning feature it MELTS the buttons and the circuit board. BEWARE OF THE short lived quality of the Samsung brand for this kind of product.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

Range NX58H5600SS: Bad experience with this range. I was smelling gas and I call my gas company, I have warranty with them. I was so mad because it's been over 3 weeks trying to resolve this problem, I spent like $800 on this range. They told me Samsung don't make this part any long or it's on back order. Now I think I have to buy a new stove. I will not be buying this brand. Customer service is horrible. I have this stove less than 2 years. I had another old stove which lasted over 20 years and no problems. I am very frustrated. Why would they discontinue a parts and the stove is still selling in stores.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

I bought Samsung range electric cooktop about 6 months ago. Very unhappy with this product! It’s impossible to clean and the temperature settings are always on high. Very disappointed!! Don’t buy Samsung.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

I bought a Samsung stove - cost over $1000 for dual ovens (when the slide in partition is used). It has always been ridiculously slow to reach cooking temperature - I have long since given up and just throw the food in and hope for the best. It's usually about 10 minutes to reach 350 degrees. The real problem started when I was broiling toast - happily I was watching it so when the back of stove caught fire I was there to shut everything down and hit the breaker. A huge circuit board caught fire and melted and destroyed all the wiring too.

I waited weeks for a technician who charged me $260 (through Samsung's site) and it worked again, but constantly makes clicking noises. The tech said this was normal!!! (It was clicking while he there.) I guess he thinks I'm stupid! Now the convection fan comes on without turning on the convection side and keeps running with the door is open. WHAT A PIECE OF JUNK!!! Good chance that my house would burned. SHAME ON SAMSUNG. They've ignored the fire issue for years.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

Whenever I grill, broil, bake, meat or fowl on opening the oven door a huge cloud of smoke and fat hits me in the face stinging both my eyes and face. If anyone else has this problem please let me know as dealer (trail) and Samsung tell me nothing is wrong.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2018

Warning! Do not waste your money purchasing this colossal pile of garbage (5.8 cu. ft. Slide-In Induction Chef Collection Range NE58H9970WS). It rarely bakes/cooks evenly and it will frequently and rapidly overheat causing your food to burn and ultimately fry the electrical panel. Upon calling Samsung the only assistance they were able to provide was how to spend more of my money on their faulty product. Samsung takes zero responsibility for what is clearly a common issue with these oven ranges. As it stands my options are to spend $$ on a new electrical panel and the cost incurred on its installation and the additional fix-it repair to stop the oven from constantly overheating, or throw the darn thing away. I'm going with the latter of the two. I will never purchase anything from Samsung again. If I could give is NEGATIVE STARS I would.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2018

I bought the Samsung electric range model NE59J7630SG in July 2017 from Home Depot when they had the huge sale with refrigerator, microwave, and dishwasher. Before, I have been using a different brand electric range for years with no problem. After about 2 months later, I started to see white scratches in the middle of burner. It looked like some liquid residue right underneath the glass top, which I could not get rid of with cleaning. After 3.5 months later, one night, my mom used it before she went to bed, slept, and when we came out the next morning, we saw round shaped broken glasses on the cooktop which soon gave a big long crack across the burner. I called customer service asking for replacement (had 1yr warranty). They sent me a tech to diagnose, then they said they could not replace it because it's a physical damage.

I requested second opinion, they sent another tech who said he would request for the replacement, didn't hear anything back for 2 weeks. I called the tech and found out Samsung denied it since it's a physical damage. The tech said it would cost me $500 just to replace the top after I just spent $750 buying a new one. I have been fighting with Samsung for 2 months now, spoke with 4-5 different managers. Three of them gave me an approval to get it fixed at their cost, but nothing gets done. Every time I call them, I get a different rep at a different location, they cannot connect me to the person I spoke to before. You give them the ticket# with the approval, but doesn't matter. They don't care what the previous manager promised you, you will have to start from the beginning all over again.

They are saying it's their policy that physical damage is not covered by the warranty, I did something wrong with the range, doesn't admit that it's their product defect. I googled to see if people had the same problem as I did, I found people with the same problem!!! Even I found one on this website, this lady her pictures on here and it looked exactly the same as mine and she said one day she heard a loud bang in her kitchen and the crack on her cooktop!! Do not waste your money on Samsung product. Their product is horrible and when there is a problem, good luck with it.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2018

I bought the top of the line model of Samsung because I enjoyed their refrigerator actually... However, the gas oven is a nightmare. I thought having the two ovens would make my life simple... No it is not worth the effort. The ovens do not heat evenly. Half of the food always burns. The other half undercooked. The self cleaner only melted the knobs on the unit. The oven is still not clean. No one returns a call. Bought it at Lowe's. No resolution there either. Please know bad product and don't buy appliances at Lowe's.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

I have read other reviews and I am horrified to find that we are not alone in our experience. But what is even worse is that we bought our Samsung Range in late 2010 not because our 30 year old oven didn't work, but because I wanted a new sleek glass top. In Dec 2011, we also experienced the sizzling sound immediately followed by a loud POP and then black smoke and flames coming from behind the controls. After going the rounds with Samsung customer service etc, we finally got someone out to replace the motherboard at the cost of a service call for us because even though it had been just over a year, our product was out of warranty because it was manufactured 3 years prior to our purchase! Whatever!

Then, to make matters worse, while baking a cake today (nearly 6 years later), DEJA VU!! It happened again. Exactly the same as the first time. So here I did waiting for a return phone call because I told Samsung I wanted them to get their dangerous piece of crap out of my house before it killed my family, of which I'm certain it's capable of doing. I will NEVER buy another Samsung appliance and not only will I not recommend them, I'll also try to convince anyone that's thinking of getting one, not to!

Samsung Computers and Monitors expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Samsung has provided high-quality electronics, computer components and appliances for more than 70 years. Samsung engineers perfected microwave technology for the first home-use models in the early 1970s and their technology maintains that innovative spirit while designing modern cooking appliances.

• Dual fuel: Samsung was among the first companies to offer dual fuel cooking appliances that utilize both electric and gas heating for flexible usage.

• Curated product lines: Samsung maintains a small inventory of current models in comparison to other major brand names but dedicates itself to maintaining the highest quality in production and feature design for those models.

• Technology: Samsung leverages its experience in consumer electronics to provide the latest in cooking appliance technology, including network integration and "smart home" design.

• Affiliate partnerships: Samsung maintains relationships with a variety of brick and mortar retailers, giving buyers a range of choices for how and where to buy.

• Easy warranties: Samsung allows customers to call directly or schedule an appointment online to quickly and easily resolve issues covered by the manufacturer's warranty.

• Best for: Users cooking for one and users cooking for families.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs