Samsung Stove-Oven-Range
  • 1 star
Based on 93 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Samsung Stove-Oven-Range

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 9, 2017

339 Samsung Stove-Oven-Range Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

Bought this new Samsung Oven Range NE58F9500SS along with other new Samsung appliances and moved into our new home we built in March 2017. I cleaned the oven today for the first time (12/9/2017) and 2 hours into the cleaning process the display went blank and the oven shut off completely. I noticed a distinct horrible odor of melting plastic. Smoke started coming out of the control panel. The control panel melted from the heat. I have read other reviews on this same oven that have the same complaint as I have. I cannot believe Samsung has not recalled this product. My hope is that someone doesn't have to die before something is done. DO NOT BUY SAMSUNG.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2017

Our new puppy likes to counter surf and has turned on the knobs several times but even before that we have done it ourselves by bumping into them. The most recent time caused a small fire. I am very upset. There are Zero safety devices that will fit this design knob. My only option is to remove the knobs when not cooking and it's hard to get the whole family to comply with that. This product (Slide in electric range model NE58F9500SS) should be recalled. I can't believe there have been so many reports of this and there is no fix and Samsung has done nothing.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

After reading reviews (most were not good) I decided to buy this range (Samsung NE58F9500SS). While it IS beautiful, it lasted only 3 days before going into terminal meltdown. I cooked a turkey in it, the following day, I put it on 'clean'. It locked the door, heated up, melted something inside the control panel area, and never came back on. I won't buy Samsung again!!

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

In 2012, I purchased a Samsung microwave, electric stove/range, and refrigerator. During the first year, the control panel on the refrigerator stopped working three times. Fortunately, the refrigerator was under the one-year warranty, and Samsung paid to have the panel replaced each time. So far, I have had no further problems with the refrigerator. Within five years, the handle on the microwave pulled off. Within two years of purchasing the stove, the oven completely stopped working. The cost to repair was nearly as much as a new stove plus the repairman could not guarantee when the parts would arrive from overseas.

I decided to purchase another stove and stuck with the same Samsung model as it matched the other appliances in my kitchen. Who could imagine (not me!) that within two years, the ceramic stove-top, for absolutely no reason, would crack and shatter. I can understand occasional problems with manufactured products, but to have all four appliances perform so poorly within five years is indicative of gross incompetence and poor workmanship on the part of Samsung.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

I have a Samsung Induction Range built in 2012. It's a model # NE597N0PBSR. It's an awful appliance. It's broken and the cost to repair it is at least $800. Samsung says I'm on my own. No warranty for their junk! Who can we contact to demand that they repair such an expensive item when it's so new? I certainly do not recommend that anyone bother with this appliance. Even if it did work it's very awkward to use.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Computers and Monitors?

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

Brand new Samsung range purchased a little over a year ago, went to clean a smudge off with a water dampened microfiber cloth and the black coating started flaking off of the front near the edge of the door handle. Called Samsung and they of course won't cover it because they consider it cosmetic damage! It's not cosmetic. It's defective! Never buy Samsung!!!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

Buyer beware of purchasing any Samsung home appliance. I purchased a complete stainless steel kitchen set, fridge, stove, dishwasher, microwave, in July, 2017. They look beautiful, but don't work. Repairmen have been to my home eight times in 4 months. Only the microwave has been problem free. The ice maker has been replaced three times and still makes slushy ice. The dishwasher was delivered with multiple problems, which Samsung claimed were not their fault. Begging with Home Depot got me a replacement from them, not Samsung. Now the finish is coming off in black globs.

The stove had an oven door that did not close properly. Multiple trips by Samsung repairman finally resulted in having to have the oven door replaced. That only occurred after long conversations with Samsung customer service, and a request for the address of their administrative office. They said they were doing it for me as a one time courtesy. Their repair service (Lake Electronics in our area) matches Samsung in their incompetence and customer disservice. Be smart and invest your hard earned money in a company whose products are worthwhile.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

Our Samsung Induction Stove caught fire, luck we were at home, extended warranty company was no help had to go back to the place of purchase for them to put pressure on them to have someone come out in 2 WEEKS! I belong to a Chef's Guild. Believe me what we Chefs talk about will not help Samsung's future sales. For now no more Samsung products. They do not stand behind their products.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

Bought all new Samsung appliances when we built our house. Stove worked well at first. Liked the rapid boil burner. Right after the extended Lowe's warranty expired, the rapid boil burner would go crazy. It was insanely hot no matter what temp you set it on. Burned everything you'd try to cook on it. Found the problem, replaced the part. Less than a year later both front burners are doing the same thing. Also used the self-clean oven, enamel came off very badly. It's so damaged I couldn't use it. Top and bottom of the oven look like someone took a grinder to it. Deep gashes. Flaking off. Since it's on the top it falls into your food. Noticed today as we were pulling it out to replace with a new range, oven actually has a hole in the bottom. Very expensive Samsung fridge is already starting to freeze items in the back of the fridge. Will never purchase another Samsung appliance. Great TVs, horrible appliances.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

When baking cornbread looks done on outside and it took at long time to get brown but after cooling off and sliced it the middle was gooey. A couple of days later put Pillsbury Grands flaky biscuits in oven, used the convection option. Still the same thing. Well done on outside undone on bottom and middle. Yuck. I just purchased this oven Sept. 11, 2017. Do I need to adjust the temp or what SMH?

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

Purchased this lovely Samsung Range model NE58F9710WS in March 2017. I absolutely loved it. Great for just two of us using the top part and then using the whole thing when family were visiting. Today we had the oven on and there was a loud bang and the glass on the top had cracked and shattered. I am shocked after paying $1,965.58 on a stove to only last almost 8 months is shocking and it's a very scary experience. Has anyone else ever had this happen to them for this model number?

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

Model M/C FTQ353IWUX/XAA Caught on fire all by itself. We heard a loud pop (like a lightbulb breaking). My wife went into the kitchen and found flames coming from behind the clock. Stove was not in use and thankfully we were home when this happened or we may of lost our home. Called Samsung and after almost 2hrs on the phone we were met with "your stove is out of warranty, we will pay for the technician" but we would have to pay for the parts. The stove is a total loss. Other than smoke damage to our wall and microwave above it, we are ok. No more Samsung for us.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

Let's starts with the nice "sturdy looking" knobs. The inside is a piece of plastic that breaks within a month. The NX58H5600SS convection oven is worse than a normal oven and takes longer to cook food. 4 short months after the warranty was up, it starts randomly beeping and giving me a -SE- on the screen. Won't even show the time. None of the buttons work even after all the troubleshooting. Troubleshooting for this code is just "push off button". Ok well the buttons don't work. So "unplug for 30 seconds".

Now that that's done it is still displaying the -SE-. Thanks Samsung as a service call will cost at least 300 to come fix it according to other reviews. What a piece of crap this oven is. Will never buy Samsung anything again. Not like they even care! My tv, all my phones, washers, dryers, nothing ever again! And the service call person sounded like she couldn't give 2 craps seeing as how she told me it was "her Friday". Wasn't even concerned that I just spent $900 on a stove that ** the bed 16 months later!!! Bad Samsung! BAD!

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

Purchased NE58F9500S 05/20/2015. One month ago I smelled smoke and then felt a lot of heat from the panel and oven. Which were turned off at the time. Now only 2 burners work and we turn the breaker off when not in use, while we wait for our GE stove to be delivered in mid October. I will never buy another appliance from Samsung.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

Oven not heating - I have a Samsung FER300SX stove and when we bake something and set it on 350 it heats up to about 225 and what is so bad about it I have had the elements checked the board checked the temp sensor checked and still will not heat up. I have calibrated it time and time again still same problem. I guess they think if we sell junk people will keep buying junk. My first and last Samsung. There should be some kind of lemon law. I know back in the 70s if you bought a car and if you took it back for the same repair more than 3 times you could make them buy it back by the lemon law. Someone please just give me a hint on how to repair this and make my day.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2017

We "upgraded" to a stainless steel Samsung gas range two years ago. I loved it at first... it was pretty and new, however at the one year anniversary I noticed that the bottom pan of the oven was cracking and peeling. I contacted Samsung, but alas, we were one week out of warranty but they would be happy to send us a new part for 79.00 plus installation. I said “No thank you,” because I might have to order a number of these because they only last one year. Upon cleaning my stove about two months ago, I noticed that the knobs are all cracked and one is broken... the plastic shaft (that is painted to look like metal) all defective. Probably due to the fact that they are in metal knobs… attached to metal shaft and the exhaust from the oven is directly below the knobs.

So! I called Samsung and received the usual mantra that the range is out of warranty, but they would be happy to send me some more to the tune of $55.00 per knob plus shipping. I was on the phone for at least 45 minutes, but receiving no satisfaction. THEN! I got call from customer service a week later, that they would indeed give me a one time warranty on the knobs and to expect them to come shortly. I was really happy and looking forward to the knobs arriving. Well... we are one month out from receiving the call that they would replace the knobs, so I called Samsung to follow up. After sitting on the phone for another 45 minutes, I was told that Customer Service had sent the order to the parts department and the parts department denied the claim. Of course, no one called or emailed me.

So, they told me I could order new ones. No thank you! Two weeks ago I was going to bake an item, and my oven would not heat up. We purchased the extended warranty from (H.H. Gregg… who is currently out of business!) so I called the warranty company who sent out a service man who replaced the oven igniter. The service man told me that most ovens are made this way... the bottom plate chips and cracks... the knobs break and crack... and to be on the watch for the convection fan because that will be the next thing. This range is just a piece of junk... NEVER, NEVER, NEVER purchase a Samsung appliance. We thought we were purchasing a quality appliance... guess the joke is on us!!

Original review: Aug. 29, 2017

We bought a Samsung Stove Top/Oven last September. On July 31st, a regulator malfunctioned which prevents the gas from turning off. We immediately called Samsung, which (after several phone calls) said that they would give a full refund (instead of paying for the repair). That was their choice, not ours. After two days with no response from Samsung customer service, I called back and (after 40 minutes of hold time... which has been a pretty standard amount of time to wait) I was told my picture of the receipt didn't capture the whole receipt and was asked if I could take it again. I did, sent it into the same email I sent the first and heard nothing for 2 days. I called and (after 40 minutes of hold time) they told me they didn't get it. I resent it and then it was verbally confirmed that they received it and it was adequate.

We heard nothing for a day or two and I called back and (after 40 minutes of hold time) they told me it was in process. I explained that we were without an oven and they assured me "they understood". I've called back every 2 or 3 days for a month... always given the same promise that "today, someone will call me/email me/contact me" which hasn't happened. In one month of dealing with their customer service I have only received one phone call or email from Samsung. Every contact was initiated by me and every email has gone unanswered--even when I request and demand an answer. on August 17th I was told that my refund request was rejected because my "receipt was not a valid bill of sale because it didn't have all of the required information" (that is, the model number and name of the stove). This was the only receipt I was given, so I called the local store.

They sent me some screen shots of all the information they had, which I forwarded to the emails provided to me by Samsung. In the 12 days since, I still have not heard anything from Samsung. They have not called back (as they said they would), they have not answered an email (which they said they will). If I call, I cannot speak to the same person I spoke to the day before, but must listen as this new person assures me they are "on my side and want me to get my refund" and assure me they will call me back (which NEVER HAPPENS). When I ask to speak to a supervisor (or "executive customer service") I wait for 40 minutes and still get zero help. What a COMPLETE DISAPPOINTMENT the oven has been and what a complete and total mess their customer service has been.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2017

The electric stove looked nice 2 years ago when I bought it. Black and stainless steel. Never buy this junk again. Oven made a pop sound and now won't heat past 150??? It's toast after 2 years! Their dishwasher at least lasted 3 years??? I'll never buy Samsung, ever. Their CEO, should be in prison for life without parole for fraud products???

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

My oven (NE595ROABSR) quit heating and it took over an hour to come up to temp. Read all the reviews here and decided to check the broiler which I don't use much, that does not work either. I am waiting on repair man but after reading all the reviews I assume mine will go in JUNK Pile after diagnosis due to all that will have to be replaced. I don't believe in investing more money if it is expensive to repair. I do use the self clean oven and that may have burnt out the modules/sensors. I will NOT Buy another Samsung stove. I also called SAMSUNG and they will not take accountability.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

I purchased my Samsung electric range Model NE597R0ABSR in September of 2014 from Nebraska Furniture Mart in Kansas City, Kansas. Last week on 08/10/2017 the oven suddenly caught on fire when I turned the oven on. Nothing in the oven. The control panel read that the temperature of the oven was only 275 degrees. I just heard a clicking noise and then a small 'boom' and I could see my oven was on fire through the glass. Smoke alarm went off, and I got the fire out without getting hurt. The heating element in the oven had caught fire on its left side and was melted. The lens around the light was also scorched and then there was all the damage to the walls of the oven being scorched, the oven door glass was also scorched and damaged. I was very lucky that I was still in my kitchen when it caught fire or else I imagine more damage would have occurred to my kitchen and home.

Of course being 3 years old it was no longer under warranty, but from the number of complaints on this same issue with Samsung ranges which not only includes my model number but other Samsung models it appears to be a manufacturing defect. I called Samsung customer service 1-800-726-7864 and told them what happened and they said it was no longer under warranty. I said to them that it looked like a manufacturing defect and was told well manufacturing defects were only covered for 1 year (ridiculous).

The stove is a fire hazard. I unplugged the stove after I got the fire out. Then the Samsung customer service rep I talked to the 3rd time finally said that they would sent an authorized repair service to my home to evaluate the damage. Samsung would pay for the service evaluation and the labor to replace the parts, BUT NOT THE PARTS. Turned out that when the tech took the back off of the stove, it was the wiring harness that had been on fire also, plus the circuit board was damaged and that was just what he could see without taking it apart any further. Turned out the circuit board, the wiring harness and oven heating element parts would be a whopping $420.00. That was just the beginning, then there would be another $60 charge for the tech to come back.

I told the repair service I was not paying for any parts and would not be having the stove repaired and it was ridiculous for me to have to pay anything at all for Samsung's negligence in manufacturing a stove with so many defects. An electric stove should never just catch on fire because the oven was turned on, and the wiring harness shouldn't have caught fire ever. That $1000.00 stove should have lasted more than 3 years. Samsung obviously does not care about their customers, or their well being, and I will never buy another Samsung product. So many of their appliances have exploded, caught on fire that it is ridiculous that these same products continue to be sold to the unsuspecting US public.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2017

There are numerous reviews of this unit stating that the stove burner knobs are poorly designed and can easily be turned on by casually bumping into them. I can attest that this is true. This is why we remove the knobs from the stove when not in use. However, it appears that my unit (NE58F9710WS), with knobs removed, turned on spontaneously and caused a small fire with paper items that were on the stove. There was nobody home at the time, and the damage caused by the fire was minimal. My range hood must be replaced, and smoke damage occurred throughout my home. It could have been much, much worse. So far, Samsung has been cooperative and has agreed to repair the unit and cover the costs of the damage to my home. I hope Samsung takes these claims seriously and provides an updated design that is less likely to cause fires.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2017

On February 4, 2017 we visited P.C. Richard and Son and we replaced all of our kitchen appliances with brand new Samsung appliances. In July while I was cleaning the glass cooktop on the range, which we purchased for $800, I noticed it was cracked. The crack appears to have started on the Rapid Boil burner and extended in all four directions to the edges of the top. I immediately contacted Samsung support, fully expecting that the damage would be repaired as the range was under warranty. With just two of us in the home, the range is lightly used and well cared for.

The customer service agent asked that I send in pictures which I did that afternoon. I received a call from Samsung support looking for the photographs 3 days later – at that point I was told that the pictures would be reviewed and that they would get back to me. Three days later, I received a call from Williston TV and Radio Repair to arrange a time to come out to look at the stove. I expected that Samsung’s agent would be coming to repair the stove, however, when the representative arrived he took more pictures and told me to expect to hear back from Samsung in a few days.

A few days went by and I was contacted by Williston and told that Samsung deemed the damage to be physical and as a result would not be covered under the warranty. I asked what the definition of physical damage entailed, and the definition I was provided was basically everything under the sun – cleaning solutions, inappropriate cookware, abuse, etc. In fact it seems that the definition is setup to protect Samsung even in the event of defect.

Still in shock, I started to research to see if others experienced the same issue and I was surprised to find many complaints posted to sites online all had a similar story. I’ve attached some of the complaints along with our receipt to this letter. After finding that other consumers had a similar experience, I contacted Samsung to ask for a second opinion, I was told that would not possible so I asked to speak to a supervisor who told me that he would put in a work order for another opinion.

Three days later I received a call back from Williston to setup a repair call – I explained that I was looking for a second opinion and was told by the representative that they were the only local Samsung agent and there would be no second opinions. Exasperated I inquired as to the cost to repair the cooktop thinking that a couple of hundred dollars out of pocket would be worth putting an end to this issue. I was informed that the cost to repair the range would be $400 - which is half the cost of range. Even if I pay for the repair, I have no guarantee that the replacement top would not have the same problem because I am convinced that product is defective.

My husband and I have used glass cooktops since the 1980s and have never had a problem. The cookware we use has not changed, how we cook and care for the cooktop including cleaning fluids we use have not changed – and yet within 6 months this cooktop is completely ruined and is unusable and here we are in August and we can only cook using the oven and our microwave. I believe that Samsung has an obligation to stand behind its product and the warranty. I expect Samsung to fix the stove top or replace the range.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

Bought a $1800.00 Samsung range (NX58H900WS) 1.5 years ago. Within the first year I tried to use the self-clean function and the electronics blanked out - Unusable stove. They sent a repairman who fixed it. Just tried to use the self-clean again and the same thing happened. Looked online and this seems to be a common problem - but there is no recall. They only will stand behind the fix for 90 days. I am totally out of luck - customer service useless. Stove useless. Literally the worst product I have ever bought. Will NEVER purchase a Samsung product again. A company that does not stand behind its products and fix design flaws is not a good company to deal with.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

We bought a model NE58H9950WS "chef's collection" slide in range in early 2015. It belongs in a museum, not a kitchen because it looks beautiful but is useless. Preheat the oven to 425*, put a tray of cold food in and an hour later food is still uncooked and temperature is down to 300*. Tried to cook a frozen lasagna that was supposed to take 1 hour at 350 and after 2.5 hours was still cold in the middle. If you cook something like cookies or a pizza it is OK because they have so little mass they don't "soak up the heat" but anything that weighs more than a couple of pounds simply overwhelms the oven's ability to reheat.

Samsung made 2 service calls under warranty and the replaced "everything" but the problem persists to this day. I noticed they have discontinued this model and taken down all of the negative reviews but the issue of their ovens not holding temperature is not limited just to this model. There are countless other reviews mentioning the exact same issue. Samsung even tries to disclaim the warranty of merchantability in their paperwork, which is a joke since it basically says they can make an oven that doesn't work and there's nothing you can do about it.

I would urge anyone to avoid SAMSUNG products. There is a reason they are rated 23rd out of 23 brands on this site for ranges and stoves. It is because their products are junk. I have filed suit in small claims court (fortunately my state has limits on the warranty disclaimers which invalidate it) and will be getting my money back one way or another. Then I will buy another brand of range. This one costs $2500 and doesn't cook food!

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

The worst stove/oven we ever owned. Purchased new fridge and stove, both Samsung and stainless steel. The range is NE595R0AB series. When water boils over, it stains. The oven has never worked well (convection or not), same batch of cookies but one tray might be done but 8 min later next is burnt or rare, hotter one side of even to other. Now the oven isn't working at all. In the short time since we bought these we are so unhappy, we can't believe how poor the quality is. Even the fridge, with the stainless steel. Just try to keep the stains from the fridge! It has stains from the cleaner. We hate them both and feel so ripped off. Wished we had read some of these prior.

Original review: July 30, 2017

Electric Range - My daughter loves to bake and cook and this range has been an incredible disappointment and frustration for her. We had a service man out before the warranty expired and he said it was working fine. It does sometimes but not always. It can work one time and next not maintain a temperature. I am extremely disappointed in the product and would never recommend it to someone. I also am disappointed with the service man as he had no idea what to do.

Original review: July 26, 2017

I have a Samsung oven Model ne9k3310ss with so called self cleaning steam option. It Sucks. I am 64 years old haven't had to scrub an oven with SOS pads for years. Cooked a turkey. Will not come clean. Purchased this stove Sept 2016 from Lowe's. It was 2 days before my daughter's wedding and my previous oven's element burnt up. So no reviews were checked before we bought this one. Lowe's sales rep told us good reviews it was in stock could be delivered the next day. Perfect. Used it for the wedding, except for the oven.

Stove really wasn't used for the first 30 days so was past the "customer satisfaction" period. Oven would not hold temp, tech was here 3 times, replaced parts. Wanted so bad to just return it but no. I hate this stove and I have had many stoves over the years. The glass top is almost impossible to keep clean. Bought the daily cleaner, waste of money, need to use the heavy duty cleaner to clean it. Would not recommend this stove. I will be getting rid of it.

Original review: July 26, 2017

I bought the Samsung electric range NE59J7630 1-1/2 years ago. It has the worst range top I have ever used. It is impossible to get a low simmer on the front burners. It can not be turned down low enough. I had the temperature modular replaced once, but it still can not be regulated low enough. This is either a very bad design flaw or the glass is not thick enough. The suggestion was heavy clad bottom pans, which I was already using. This model should be recalled as I feel it could at some point cause a fire.

Original review: July 23, 2017

The knobs on this stove are easily turned on if you accidentally rub up on the knob. I have done it 3 times and my son has done it a couple of times as well. The knobs are located right at the front of the stove on an angle where if you accidentally rub or bump the knobs, it turns on. I have to make sure nothing is on the stove because it will burn the house down if we leave the house and the knobs are accidentally turned on. Very dangerous stove, shame on Samsung for making such a hazardous stove!

Original review: July 6, 2017

The old saying that he/she can't even boil water is true for anyone with this range. Samsung NE594R0ABSR, SN J0ZI7DCF801481Z. Glass cracked while boiling on Fast Boil element. Then the fun started when trying to get warranty support from Lowes extended warranty plan. They had to send out tech to take pictures to determine if damage was caused by abuse. (over a week for this) Tech confirmed not from abuse or physical damage.

Nearly four weeks after the event and several phone calls I finally achieved a resolution. On the final call I waited while they first called service tech, they said waiting on parts, no idea how long. Then Lowes called Samsung to get a ship date, and could not get an answer from SAMSUNG aka SamSUCKS in my view. So we agreed to a buyout and they are sending a check, so I am out only the cost of extended warranty and delivery, feel fortunate about this part. Now for the best part! They do not want the unit back, said to just throw it away! Done with SamSUCKS forever...

Samsung Computers and Monitors expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Samsung has provided high-quality electronics, computer components and appliances for more than 70 years. Samsung engineers perfected microwave technology for the first home-use models in the early 1970s and their technology maintains that innovative spirit while designing modern cooking appliances.

• Dual fuel: Samsung was among the first companies to offer dual fuel cooking appliances that utilize both electric and gas heating for flexible usage.

• Curated product lines: Samsung maintains a small inventory of current models in comparison to other major brand names but dedicates itself to maintaining the highest quality in production and feature design for those models.

• Technology: Samsung leverages its experience in consumer electronics to provide the latest in cooking appliance technology, including network integration and "smart home" design.

• Affiliate partnerships: Samsung maintains relationships with a variety of brick and mortar retailers, giving buyers a range of choices for how and where to buy.

• Easy warranties: Samsung allows customers to call directly or schedule an appointment online to quickly and easily resolve issues covered by the manufacturer's warranty.

• Best for: Users cooking for one and users cooking for families.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs