Samsung Stove-Oven-Range

Compare Ranges, Ovens, and Stoves

Research top Ranges, Ovens, and Stoves recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Installed in 10/15, have used self clean mode 4 times and the last one caused enamel coating flaking off. P.C. Richard's store said it's cosmetic and not covered by store repair policy. Called Samsung and for $100 they can come out and determine if it's cosmetic or working damage. Samsung Customer service stated, "if your food is cooking properly and you don't smell anything then there's no problems and you shouldn't be concerned." I told customer service, "you can't smell carbon monoxide but it can still kill you!" If their tech deems it a cosmetic damage then you owe for the call. Remember who pays the service techs check!!

Samsung has horrible customer service. And they dictate the stores service department response too. Just horrible all the way around!! In this day and age when cosmetics is as important as function, how can this company only be willing to repair function and not appearance. They boast how sleek and streamline their products are, then cosmetics seems to be 50% of their claims to buy their product... It should also be willing to repair this aspect of the product. This boldly highlights what this company stands for... very little. Will never buy their product again!!! Be warned and stay away!!

Purchased my Samsung range from Lowe's April 4, 2016. It was delivered on April 9, 2016 and installed that same day. April 9, 2017 - Exactly 1 year since install (but according to Samsung, out of warranty), I used the self-cleaning feature. Within 2 hrs (the cycle was set for 3), the front display panel went black, and oven stayed locked. After trying to submit a warranty claim, and finding out I was 5 days past the "warranty", I called a repair company. The repairman told me "never use the self-cleaning option as this happens all the time, it causes some temperature sensor to fail and can burn out control boards as well. Lucky for me he was able to disable the oven lock. Again something he says they can't always do and then the door has to be replaced as well.

My previous range was a much more expensive DACOR and I used the self-cleaning feature all the time. The only reason I had to replace the range was because I dropped something on the glass top and the replacement glass was no longer available because the range was 16 YEARS old! According to the repairman it's the way the newer ranges, like this Samsung, are now made and he told me again not to use this feature. Why buy a self-cleaning stove and can't use it??? I have had the repairman out twice (as he thought it may be the boards) and I'm now waiting for the temperature sensor to come so he can install. I will never buy another Samsung product again (and should have learned when I replaced my Bosch dishwasher with a Samsung dishwasher and is also failed during the first year, replacing a 16-year-old dishwasher as well).

It seems Samsung only makes JUNK now. My new oven will no longer heat. Error code E27. Replaced the Temp sensor and still the same error. One of the burners stays on high all the time. My new 50" Samsung TV lasted 14 months and the panel blew. Phones and washers exploding. Why would anyone buy a Samsung product? Was told Whirlpool was the best bet or LG.

Crack in one of the burner tops. Called every day for over a week. Got the run around every time. Put on hold for hours. Was told I it was cosmetic damage but we couldn't use our stove because if water got in it would short out. It is only 6 months old and under warranty and they won't cover it. We are so frustrated. I would like to post signs warning everyone to stay away from Samsung. Company does not honor their warranties.

In 2015 we bought complete Samsung kitchen package along with washer/dryer from hhgregg. We've had problems with the other appliances but nothing like the stove. The hot oven light has continually remained on and the second electric stove top has just exploded. As the other complaints state it's the engineering of this product. We are retired snowbirds so the use this stove gets is minimal. Just contacted hhgregg who told us this is out of warranty so not their problem, won't be purchasing anything from them again. In fact, they wanted to charge $500 for a replacement countertop that is $263 online. We have rental units and have never had a stove break down after 2 years. Won't make this mistake again!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Computers and Monitors?

From last Thursday March 23, 2017 our Samsung stove got thermo cracked while doing cooking. Contact customer service. Sent them pictures of cracked glass of stove. Stove is manufactured in May 2016. We bought it few months back. They deny to send any help or tech to take a look. They said is physical damage and they don't cover it. Talked to their supervisor Mike.

Updated on 04/05/2017: Talked to their supervisor Mike ** and their executive sale supervisor. Even they suggested us to show stove to their own company tech. And we paid $50 from our pocket. Even their own tech made a decision that it was not physical damage. It was thermo cracked but Samsung supervisor never accepted their own employee results or decision. How could trust on Samsung company when they don't trust or respect their own employee decision. They denied to help us.

We bought this top of the line electric slide-in glass top range and the oven never worked properly from the start. Difficulty turning the oven on. Once turned on, it does not maintain the temperature. Also the bottom element doesn't work, so some recipes don't get browned on the bottom. Those recipes I have stopped making. We have had 9 service calls and they are not able to fix the problem. The stove looks great, unfortunately I have ruined many meals using this oven. (We have a Samsung fridge in Arizona and we have had 3 service calls and they can't fix the ice-maker.) I will not buy another appliance from Samsung!!

Months of frustration with a ridiculous repair process. We purchased a Samsung electric range as part of a package of appliances from Lowe's for our home in Florida in July of 2016. We soon learned that the temperature in the oven was not being maintained properly. We found out that Lowe's would not replace and that we needed to go through Samsung for repairs. We have now have had repair people visit 7 times and have had all electrical components replaced three times. Meantime we do not have an oven that works and have wasted all that time dealing with repair people and service technicians at Samsung that do not have a clue. Hundreds of reviews have been written regarding the same issue with these ovens. I am ready to take part in a class action suit/massive recall effort to force the miserably incompetent people at Samsung (think Galaxy Seven Smart Phone) to take appropriate action.

In related items we separately purchased a Samsung TV that randomly failed after just two weeks while no one was in the room. Thankfully, Best Buy (unlike Lowe's) took a stand and replaced the unit free of charge. Lastly, a craftsman was working at our house and overheard a conversation that I was having with Samsung one day. He told me that he had been a Samsung repair person for four years and finally quit his position because the processes and information that Samsung uses were so bad he was embarrassed. I'm not sure if Dr. Oh-Hyun Kwon is still the CEO of Samsung, but he should be the most embarrassed of anyone. Under his leadership a once honored company is now an incompetent laughing stock. What a horrible legacy!

Our Samsung Range NE59J7651WS has staining/streaking on the oven door glass that seems to be between the glass panes we purchased. The dealer says it is not on warranty. We purchased it 6 months with a 3 year warranty.

We bought Samsung fridge and stove and less than 3 years later we start having problem with them. Fridge was not making ice and not cooling stove. Oven not heating stove. Been repaired 2 times under extended warranty and month later same problem again. Never another Samsung appliance in my home.

Brand new Samsung Electric Range NE59J7850 (March 2017) dual door bake/convection oven FAILS at baking. Console says preheat done and it's off by 100 degrees. After another 20 minutes never reached temperature set for. Pizza turned out crusty on outside and raw on inside dough because the temperature was too LOW. Lasagna was ice cold in center after 2 hours because temperature was never attained. I did multiple tests on each oven and at different temp and none worked properly. Samsung has repair service come out and same problem... however when repair called Samsung there was NO fix for this problem. They apparently think it's no big deal. Just wait forever for your oven to maybe get to set temperature and then guess how long it takes for a recipe to cook. Fail.

Ordering new mother board and sensors but tech is convinced that won't fix the problem. Going back today to talk with sales department at JC Penney. They just started selling appliances and they need to know this is a poor design. Not their fault but if enough people want a replacement then they can put pressure on Samsung. Looking for replacement brand while there. I can't be bothered with an oven like this.

I was cooking with my pot on the stove when I heard a pop. I removed my pot and saw a crack glass and indentation mark on my pot. The stove range I used on was the RAPID BOIL side from picture, which need to handle the temperature flux it experience. The crack surface has shattered glass and fine glass dust. I seen crack, shattered glass pictures due to physical damages on Consumer Affairs and other websites for Samsung stove and mine look nothing like that. It is clearly a material properties failure and an engineering mistake.

I reported my problems to Samsung and told them I'm scared to use the stove as it is unsafe to operate and it's also what they suggested until they receive the images and send out technician, which they said will take 2-3 days to review. I sent the pics and wait, hear nothing from them for a week so I call them back. A new agent review my transaction id # and told me that the previous agent close accident close my case. So he issue me a new transaction id and said he will escalate with the supervisor to get it resolve ASAP, and I resent the pictures again. My family been eating out and frozen foods during this ordeal.

I call back the next day and nothing happen, so I have to retell my whole problem again to the 3rd agent which went ahead issue me a ticket number with the local technician to take a look at the problem. To bring out this technician, I will have to pay out of my own pocket if it is a cosmetic problem. So today I was going to call the local technician guy to schedule an appointment but Samsung finally call back and said they deny the warranty issue without reviewing the pics. They said they haven't receive the pictures, which I sent TWICE. Now, I'm trying to schedule with a technician and see where it goes from there. I will follow up with updates.

Purchased a stove in January, 2017. Stove top worked but not oven. The service man came and replaced the computer in the top. A day later did the same thing came back and replaced the thermostat. 3rd time replaced the whole stove. Now the second stove top does not work or oven. Going to return stove to store myself and pick out another brand. Would not buy a Samsung stove.

Samsung has not responded to our complaint other than to suggest - after 1/2 hr. of discussion - that we call a repair company they recommended. That company said our induction pots don't work on this stovetop because of "an engineering issue." They said there was nothing they could do. We returned to Sears in Nanaimo, BC. The sales person plugged in the identical Samsung range, with our pots on it. The pots heated up on the replacement range! The first range was obviously defectve, but neither Samsung of the repair company admitting it. Sears immediately offered us a complete exchange for a new Samsung, or a higher-priced (but unattractive) replacement range. Sears has been great; Samsung ... poor.

NICOLE of Qualicum Beach, BC on

Original Review

PLEASE NOTE: We bought this range at Sears, Rutherford Mall, Nanaimo, BC (ph. 250-756-4111). Store # 01823; register 122; employee # **. We purchased this range on sale for $3400 (regularly $4200) in September, 2016. We'd previously bought a gas range, and soon realized that - as seniors - we'd made a poor choice on the basis of open fires and safety. Sears was kind enough to exchange the range for a much safer Samsung induction/electric range. Although this range is still under warranty, Samsung's response to the problems we've encountered with it has been disappointing. Curiously, the model number of this range is difficult to find online; instead, other model numbers pop up.

(Some background: We're familiar with induction cooking. We previously owned a Toshiba induction range with which we were very satisfied. We moved house approximately eight months after buying our Toshiba range; the range became part of the sale. The induction-suitable, magnet-attracting Queen's Cookware pots we own worked well on our Toshiba induction stove top.)

Our Samsung range has three issues: Samsung's induction stovetop will not work with our Queens Cookware pots. Samsung's manual states: "Cookware is suitable for induction cooking if a magnet sticks to the bottom of the cookware and the cookware is labeled as suitable by the cookware manufacturer." When we complained that our Queens Cookware pots didn't work on Samsung's stovetop, Samsung offered no reply. We wrote Queen's Cookware, which in turn sent us a letter confirming that their pots should work with induction stovetops. Sears sent a repairman who said only that the problem with Samsung's stovetop was an "engineering issue." We've since switched to a different brand of pots.

The timer of Samsung's range is so soft. We can barely hear it. The same repair man agreed the timer was difficult to hear, but said it is what it is. It's the timer this model provides, with no modulation. The range's oven is a major problem. Both my husband and I are experienced cooks. Baking failed in this oven - over and over. Muffins and cakes didn't brown and were unbaked in the centre, or - when I allowed them to cook longer - they burned (an issue not helped by the model's faint timer bell). After months of this, the penny dropped that we should compare the displayed temperature to the temperature shown by an free-standing thermometer. We quickly saw that the temperature on the free-standing thermometer was at times 50 deg. F. higher than the temperature shown by the oven's "set dial."

Last week, my husband spent 30 min. on the phone with Samsung. Thirty minutes! The woman at the end of the line said it was "normal" for the temperature of an oven to differ from its set dial. She said a store-bought thermometer would register the temperature of our oven as 100 deg. F. lower than the temperature on its set dial! As my repeated baking failures with this oven showed, the issue is not with the store-bought oven thermometer, but with the oven itself.

She recommended that we record the ongoing temperature differences to draw up a "calibration chart." This meant that if we wanted the oven to cook at 325 F., we should set it at a different temperature according to the chart we drew up. I was outraged. Not only did I feel designing such a chart was ridiculous and should be unnecessary, but the oven's temperature (on both regular bake and convection bake) fluctuates up and down. After getting nowhere with this woman, she finally gave my husband the name of the local repair service that had previously visited our home.

A different repair man arrived. He told us that "all ovens now work this way," adding that we would have to buy "a much more expensive brand" to ensure the temperature on the set dial matched the oven's true temperature after its preheating ended. He said he couldn't do much for us, but pressed two buttons simultaneously (first 1, then broil) to increase the oven's internal temperature by 50 deg. F. He said he didn't recommend increasing the temperature any further. He recommended that we wait 30-to-40 min. (after the time bell indicated the oven was fully heated) before putting any baking in the oven. He said that waiting this long would allow the oven to reach the temperature on its set dial.

I tried that this morning, setting the oven to "regular bake" at 325 deg. F. When the timer dinged, my oven thermometer stated the oven had actually reached 290 deg. F. It took a further 10 min. for the oven to climb to 325 F. rather than the 30-to-40 min. the repair man had recommended. I suspect this time varies with the oven's setting. Is this acceptable? I don't know, but I sure don't like it. I expect better from a $3400 induction range. I will never buy another Samsung product.

We purchased a package deal at hhgregg in November 2015 including a Microwave Oven, Refrigerator, Dishwasher, and Gas Range. We are not at all satisfied with the range. We had the range service twice in August 2016 due to inaccurate temperature control. Each time they replaced the thermostat, and the also the control board on the second visit.

Believing this was an anomaly and no need purchase an extended warranty, we let the warranty expire in November. In February 2017, we began to experience the same issues. The temperature would not stay within the prescribed/published range, the oven would not light when following the proper use methods, and despite following the directions in the manual, the problem persisted. We contact the service department and they sent a tech on March 2, 2017. He had never seen the problem we were experiencing before, contacted tech support and they told him to replace the control board. So now I must wait another week for the board to arrive and be installed.

The warranty is expired and despite my protest that they replace the board in August, and it correct failure should be covered, they refuse to do so. Now it cost me $90 for the assessment and another $90 for the next installation service call plus the $150-$200 for the board. When I contacted Samsung they said sorry, nothing they could do. So my message to Samsung, "Go to hell." I will bad mouth your product line until I take my last breath. Planned obsolescence is no way to build a future in the U.S. market. We are not fools.

Samsung NE59K3310 Electric Range - Just bought it brand new from Lowe's and the oven never gets up to the set temperature. When the beeps ring out that it is at set temp we only get 200 degrees and wait for over 15 minutes to get to 335 degrees. We bought an oven temperature gauge to test it. I followed the factory adjustment procedure and increased it by 15 degrees. Now the oven takes 30min to get to 350 degrees but drops to under 300 degrees within five minutes and doesn't come back up. Before I called to get it fixed I googled Samsung ovens and find so many defective units. It's mind boggling. I have decided to return it to Lowe's and buy a GE, Whirlpool, Maytag or ANYTHING else. The other problem is the amount of pressure it takes to activate the controls. Being male with no fingernails makes it easier, but my darling has to use her knuckle to press to get enough pressure to activate the controls.

We bought the range about a year ago. The convection oven quit working 3 months after we bought it. We just used the regular bake. Now it doesn't work. It heat up 175 and doesn't get any hotter. It's a lemon. That is the last Samsung I'll ever buy.

We purchased a new Samsung Gas Range (top of the line!). Purchased the extended warranty as we usually do! We had the stove delivered in time to cook our Thanksgiving turkey in it! We were disappointed to find a 'glitch' that would not allow the oven to heat past the 'pre-heat' built in setting of 175' UNLESS we turned on a range top burner! We figured this out ourselves! We called Samsung for repair, and we're given a 'work order' and said 'someone' would call soon to set up a date to 'check it' out! Well it turned out that I had to call back as no one called me! They never apologized, but assured me that someone would call soon. Days went by and no call! The Samsung operator finally gave me the # for Lake Electric stating that they were an 'authorized' repair business for Samsung.

Finally someone called me and made an appointment for a date almost a week away! I reminded them that it was the holidays, and I had already had to cancel my Thanksgiving get together due to the lack of a STOVE! Now Christmas was coming and again I would have to beg off and have my daughter do the cooking! This was becoming crazy, and disappointing to say the least! The repairman finally came and assured me (after hours of work!) that he had found the problem and had fixed it! Wow! What a relief! After he left I tried to turn on the oven, and again could only attain the pre-set 175' UNLESS we lit the top of the gas range (on at least one burner!). The oven proceeded to heat properly, and quickly (as it 'should'). The next day we smelled gas, my husband shut off the gas line, and we started the process over again, and I assure you customer service had not improved!

The woman at SAMSUNG was 'curt' and almost rude 'ie' "We have a work order that work was done recently on that range." I said, "Yep, that is true, now we have a gas leak lady, gas and did not want to risk an EXPLOSION!" She did not apologize again, and merely said, the same pre-written instructions concerning repair work! It went on and on for weeks, and was considering offering the repairman a cot in the kitchen, and he agreed, but when I told him I had demanded a manager was told that they get '3' chances to fix an 'in warranty' appliance before the 'replacement' or money back could be given! I told him, "OK, but I'm keeping track!" It turned out that the problem was NOT fixed, so the repairman was in my house for FOUR times, but of course the one time 'gas leak' call would require them 'starting over' on the '3 times and out' rule!

Finally the last time the man came out he replaced 5 'parts' (on a brand new stove)! And a couple were due to 'bad' parts (so that wasn't Samsung's fault!). I was required to give them one more chance! So the this being the last time we were going to accept this terrible customer service, we said "Sure, send him out one more time!" The repairman came out puzzled as ever, and spoke to the SAMSUNG TECH GUY on the phone, all the while taking pictures and sending them to him! So the repairman declared it working and left hoping never to see our house again! And lo and behold, it actually worked FOR A WEEK, then guess what? The same problem again' the oven wouldn't heat over 175, so I lit off a burner and sure enough the oven temp progressed to the promised 350'!!!

I cooked my meatloaf then realized that it wasn't done in the center after the 1hour and 10 minutes, so I stuck it back in, and after setting the table and everything else out on the table I check the oven and realized it was barely warm! Then looked and noticed that my hubby had turned off the burner on the cook top as he smelled gas! So the oven just stopped too! NUTS! We called for the repair service (and had to go through the less than cooperative customer service reps).

This time a new repairman showed up with NEW PARTS in hand, so I told him the 'history' of this beautiful but unproductive appliance, he said, "Let's get the Tech on the phone and see what he thinks." He again talked to him for a LONG time and asked me if I had all the repair notes, I said, "Oh yes, I have them ALL." He looked through them and read them to the SAMSUNG TECH who then said, "This is crazy. This range needs to go back to the factory!" He then gave me a paper with the number (evidently to be guarded with my life and my next grandchild's life!) which gives us the right to send this thing back to the hell it came from! DO NOT BUY FROM SAMSUNG NO MATTER HOW BEAUTIFUL IT IS! YOU WILL BE SORRY!

Updated 03/07/2017: If you saw my last post describing our 'terrible' experience since we purchased our Samsung range, just wanted to 'follow-up ' and tell you that after much time (we bought it in Nov.) and many 'repairman' trips to replace parts over and over and over, I finally demanded my money back, and although customer service is the worst ever, with the help of Bob at my Home Depot I am getting my money back, so I can buy a range that works! But even after being given a 'code' indicating that their 'Tech' guy decided it was not fixable, they called to say that a 'repair order' had been sent in! I said "OH NO YOU DON'T! I requested my money back and you have already surpassed your 3 repairs and you're out." I believe they were trying to get someone on my property again, thereby starting the '3 tries' rule all over!

I called 'Bob' at Home Depot who calmed me down and promised to try to contact someone who could solve this! He called back and said "they are saying it was an error" (the phone call trying to set up another service date after 5 times with no results)! I told him that I had posted on Consumer Affairs and saw many others with similar problems, some exactly like mine! Yesterday Bob (Home Depot) called and asked if I had received an e-mail yet from Samsung verifying I would get my money back! I answered "NO and I still can't use my oven." (the Tech told us NOT to use it at all) Bob got back into it again, and called to tell me to call a certain px.number in order to proceed with the refund (no one had told ME that!).

Long story, even longer, they agreed I would be getting my money in the form of a check soon! (AFTER an email explaining the process!) We shall see! In the meantime PLEASE avoid SAMSUNG PRODUCTS! By the way, customer service WILL try to finagle you into an 'exchange'. Don't take it! As they will just bring you another 'bad' oven, demand your money back! GE makes one that has many of the same features, and actually 'better' ones! like a REAL second oven, not a super heavy 'shelf' you have to insert in order to utilize the 'second' oven. But otherwise the same, without the blue lights on the gas knobs (nice feature and possibly why I opted for the Samsung) but G.E. cafe has 'auto locks' on the knobs so no one accidentally bumps the knob into the 'on' position'! Not as pretty at night, but just as safe!

I bought a Samsung oven in Oct 2016. The temperature was not correct (less than what I set it) and I didn't know it until I put my turkey in the oven for Thanksgiving. Called Samsung & they sent a repairman. Temps were still not working correctly. Called Samsung again and the same repairman came out but said he needed to order a thermometer. 3rd visit he said it was working, but temps dropped about 25 degrees, then rose over 30 degrees. He said this is how ovens work. The oven is still not fixed but at the end of Jan they are sending another repairman. The saga continues. What a poor product and customer service. The warranty could expire by the time they fix it.

After reading Consumer's Report Magazine and choosing the top rated products, we went to Best Buy and purchased all three appliances at once. The Oven started smoking (first time used), filled the house with toxic smoke, burnt my lady's face. The microwave exhaust fan never turned on. All this happened within the first time we used the oven. The side by side refrigerator started leaking water and won't stop leaking (water dispenser). Samsung sent out repairman for the range-oven, ordered parts then came back out to finish repairs, tried to use oven again, oven went up in smoke again. SoCalGas Co. came out and RED-tagged the Range-Oven. So far Samsung has blamed us for all the problems. We had to hire an attorney to handle this mess. Samsung has problems with their phones, washing machines, ranges, microwaves, and refrigerators. I wonder what's next?

I purchased a package of Samsung appliances late July. On New Year day I was cooking on my glass range top. I heard a popping sound while washing dishes. I finish cooking. While removing the pot from the I discovered a crack in the range top. I called Samsung and pictures was sent and arrangements was made for Lakes Electronics to repair my stove top. On the day before someone was to come out I received a phone call saying the warranty does not cover my repair. First I was told the the pot on the stove was empty or the wrong pot were on the stove. Mind you the stove is still under warranty and I was looking when the stove top cracked. I will never buy nothing with this name brand. I wish I would have read the reviews first.

In less than 1 year the so called black stainless finish is peeling off both oven doors of our SAMSUNG ELECTRIC DOUBLE OVEN NE59J850 where the handles attach. Samsung calls it a cosmetic issue and will not address repair. The finish is tissue thin and simply comes off with a sponge. Last Samsung product in this house as we are also having trouble with two Samsung TVs.

Never ever buy a Samsung appliance. Had a Samsung oven and the water was boiling and then the oven top turned off and I went to turn the burner on again and sparks and arcing and loud booms and then smoke. It had burned the wires in the back almost clear through to the oven. Samsung repair came out and sent pictures and documentation to Samsung. They continually claim they haven't received them. Then another says they have and it is only cosmetic damage. It is over 3 weeks of trying to deal with them. Never, never buy Samsung.

My range stopped working on January 12th. I called Samsung. I was told there isn't a warranty and that they don't support their products for more than a year. If I spend a few thousand dollars on an appliance, I expect better. The person I spoke to was rude and short and basically said "tough". I know getting those calls from unhappy customers isn't always fun, but usually manufacturers of product take pride in their work and stand behind it. It is what it is.

Turns out a wire, for some reason shorted out on 12th of January. My range is 2.5 years old. When that happened, the techs ordered some parts thinking it was the terminal that blew (guess it happens a lot). They had to order parts. They came out on January 18th and guess what? It wasn't the terminal. It was a short in a wire. But also the "motherboard" blew out.

They ordered a new one and came back on January 20th, but the new board fresh out of the box, was cracked and didn't work. So they ordered another one. They came today, January 25th and that board, fresh out of the box was cracked also. I have been without a working range for 2 weeks now! I contacted Samsung about their less than stellar quality of parts and they informed me it was the service techs were not Samsung Authorized. Ha! They sure are. I am not opposed to paying for service. It's like a new car, you have to have service it. For me it's about the quality of the product.

I have never in my life been so disappointed in a product I purchased. I am so deeply discouraged in this company right now. How can Samsung, in good faith promote a product that only last a couple years? Then all of the parts that have been ordered are broken also? That's wrong. The less than acceptable quality portrayed by Samsung is completely unacceptable.

The moral of the story is this. I will never again purchase a Samsung Product. I will not recommend it to a friend and I will not give a 5 star rating to this kind of support, service or quality. I am telling everyone I know to never invest in Samsung. You do not stand behind your products. The quality of the product is less than stellar and consumers deserve better. I deserve better!

Samsung Electric Range - My complaint is when you use the self cleaning feature, it burns out something in the control panel and requires a repairman to replace the part. According to the repairman it's the way it's made and was told not to use this feature. How silly is that? Why buy a self cleaning stove and can't use it??? I tested it again while still under warranty and it did it again for a second time. I am calling Samsung for a full refund. Either way I will surely be running the self cleaning feature more times before the warranty runs out. They will be paying the repair people as much as it takes until warranty is out.

I was cooking dinner on the cooktop. I looked down and saw that the front glass of the oven door was completely shattered. One front element on the top was on medium heat as I made dinner. I had not used the oven in several days. I had not banged or even touched the oven door. Is it still safe to use the cooktop? We immediately went to the electrical box and shut off the breaker as we didn't know what had caused the glass to break when there wasn't any heat in the oven. We have called Sears and they will send out a repairman sometime in the next 24 to 48 hours. In the meantime I am without a stove and will have to use the microwave or barbecue to prepare meals.

When we moved from a townhouse to a condo we purchased all new appliances, one of which was a Samsung induction range. The range was delivered in August 2016 and we finally had it removed in December 2016. Over that time we had to have three on site repair visits and would have had to have a fourth if the unit had not been removed. The stove top worked fine until one day we heard a loud pop and a fuse blew. Two of the burners had to be replaced. The oven was a disaster. It did not work more often than it actually worked. Most often what would happen is that we would put something in the oven and then the control panel at the front of the stove would stop working. No amount of touching of buttons would make the thing work.

We ended up throwing out more food than we actually were able to cook. Samsung service is terrible. They insist on starting any conversation with a web chat. Then you need to call an 800 number to get a repair scheduled. Then you need to work with the repair company. Everyone points fingers at everyone else. Finally we had to get the store that we purchased the unit from to work with the Samsung rep who finally agreed to replace the unit (with another brand). I would not recommend a Samsung range.

After months of trying to get help for my oven, all I got is a bunch of runaround, transfer call to someone else game, pretend to not have received pictures. The final straw was when I got the last email saying that physical damage is not covered but technical is covered. I about lost my mind!! This person claimed that he had not received my photos and I agreed since they were returned to me due to the large size. So before I sent him the evidence this final time, he had already magically seen the pictures! It went from "I don't have your pictures, I cannot enter coworker's email account" to "retrieve them along with the purchase order for proof."

Within a year both my Samsung oven and refrigerator were becoming useless with regular use, not abuse. I bought these brand new off the factory floor so I expected it to last me many many years! All in all, they were bought to be used yet I am being screwed with because the quality does not match its price. If anyone can help me in any way to make Samsung listen I would be very happy!

SAMSUNG DOUBLE OVEN CONVECTION RANGE NE59J7850WS - After a kitchen remodel last year I updated my appliances and since we have such fantastic folks at our local Lowe's store, that is where I went to buy them. First time in 20 years. I am sick that I had to do so now that I have had to experience complete failure in my new products. I went through 5 new stoves and returned them for one reason or another. Lowe's was amazing in their desire to be sure I was satisfied. I eventually settled for the Samsung because I thought the small oven and the convection feature would be good.

I am 62 years old and started cooking when I was 8. I have never in my entire life burned as many things as I have burned with this cook top in the past 4 months of ownership. I cannot control the temperature so I have to cook absolutely everything on the lowest setting and stand over the stove while it is cooking. The ovens just completely stopped working today and I have no idea why. Before the ovens quit working, the fans blew in my oven and overcooked half of the food I would bake and under cook the other side of it. I NEVER EVER get the stove top clean, EVER. I use the products made just for the smooth top and all it does is smudge. I am way too frustrated after 5 stoves and then spending what I consider a fortune on this stove to even consider calling service people if I will not be able to understand them. Unplugging and plugging back in did not work for me. Waiting for that class action suit for sure.

On Oct 12 of this year I bought a Samsung Self-Cleaning Slide in Convection Range Model Number NX58H9500WS. I normally keep it clean manually, but decided to try the self clean option a week ago. After it heated up, black noxious smoke was billowing out of the oven. It was setting off all my smoke alarm, and spreading black soot everywhere. I shut down the machine from the electric junction and opened all the windows. I believe if I hadn't thought quickly it would have set fire to my apartment. I called Samsung, and they came here and inspected the machine, and voided the warranty. How does one void a warranty on a machine that was obviously defective, and could have caused a house fire?

I went to the place I purchased the machine, because I had a warranty with them. They came, and they verified the stove had gone on fire. The company I purchased this from is taking care of the issue that Samsung should have taken care of. This is reprehensible on the part of Samsung Customer Service. We are now allowed to return said item to the store and will be picking out another range. You can guess it will NOT be a Samsung.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Samsung has provided high-quality electronics, computer components and appliances for more than 70 years. Samsung engineers perfected microwave technology for the first home-use models in the early 1970s and their technology maintains that innovative spirit while designing modern cooking appliances.

• Dual fuel: Samsung was among the first companies to offer dual fuel cooking appliances that utilize both electric and gas heating for flexible usage.
  • Curated product lines: Samsung maintains a small inventory of current models in comparison to other major brand names but dedicates itself to maintaining the highest quality in production and feature design for those models.
  • Technology: Samsung leverages its experience in consumer electronics to provide the latest in cooking appliance technology, including network integration and "smart home" design.
  • Affiliate partnerships: Samsung maintains relationships with a variety of brick and mortar retailers, giving buyers a range of choices for how and where to buy.
  • Easy warranties: Samsung allows customers to call directly or schedule an appointment online to quickly and easily resolve issues covered by the manufacturer's warranty.
  • Best for Users cooking for one and users cooking for families.

Compare Ranges, Ovens, and Stoves