3.8/5 (405 ratings)

About Samsung Stove-Oven-Range

Samsung is an appliance company that manufactures household appliances like microwaves, stoves, refrigerators and ovens. Samsung’s ovens and stoves come with free shipping, and there are financing options available.

Pros

• Widely available
  • Free shipping
  • Sleek, modern designs

Cons

• Mixed reviews for customer service
  • May be difficult to find repair techs

Bottom Line

Samsung is a popular appliance manufacturer. The company's stoves, ovens and ranges feature multiple smart features, and the company produces a wide variety of products.

Top Samsung Stove-Oven-Range Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

I purchased a Samsung ceramic top range and cannot say enough great things about it. It works as advertised and has loads of fantastic features. The oven is by far the best convec...

Verified

Love the 5 burners on the stove. The middle burner is great for simmering or keeping something warm… It pays to spend a little more on a good quality stove. You don't want to have...

Samsung stove and oven types

Samsung offers three different stove and oven types. The right model for you will depend on how much space you have, the features that are important to you and your budget. Samsung breaks its stoves and ovens down into ranges, wall ovens and cooktops and hoods.

Ranges
A range is a single unit that combines a stove on the top and an oven on the bottom. Samsung ranges are sleek and innovative and come in gas, electric and dual-fuel options.
Built-in wall ovens
Built-in wall ovens let you save space in your kitchen while still giving you flexibility. These units come in single, double and microwave combination options designed to blend in with your kitchen.

Samsung’s built-in wall ovens have a seamless touch-control panel that replaces traditional oven knobs. This gives the oven a sleek and elegant finish. The built-in wall ovens come in three different categories: entry-level, deluxe and premium.

Cooktops and hoods
Cooktops are the stove portion of the range without the oven option underneath. Cooktops come in gas, electric and induction options. All cooktops have five burners and use Wi-Fi and Bluetooth to communicate with Samsung hoods for proper circulation. You can download the Samsung app and check the status of your burners, which is a great feature for people who always worry that they left the stove on.

Cooktops are a popular choice for consumers who want a more high-end look, and they make it easier for multiple cooks to move around the kitchen by spreading out kitchen appliances.

Kitchen hoods are installed above a cooktop and have a fan and, on some models, a light inside. These appliances remove fumes, smoke, heat and steam from the air while you’re cooking.

How do Samsung appliances work?

Samsung appliances are designed to fit seamlessly into your kitchen and be ready to use almost immediately after installation. Each type of stove and oven comes with features to make cooking safer and easier.

Many Samsung appliances connect to Wi-Fi so you can monitor your appliances from your smart devices and adjust timers and temperatures even when you aren’t in the kitchen. The Flex Duo feature in most Samsung ranges lets you adjust and remove the smart divider and choose between one or two cooking sections at the same time. The dual door gives you access to just the top of the oven for energy efficiency and flexibility.

Samsung ranges come with a self-cleaning feature, air frying options, reversible cast iron griddles and modern induction technology. Hoods come on automatically when the cooktop is activated to ensure proper circulation throughout the kitchen.

Samsung stove price

Samsung cooktops, ranges, hoods, and built-in ovens come in a variety of different models and price points.

ProductPrice
Microwave combination oven$1,300 - $4,300
Gas cooktops$700 - $1,700
Electric cooktops $600 - $1,400

Samsung Stoves and Ovens FAQ

Where can I buy a Samsung oven?
You can buy a Samsung oven anywhere you buy kitchen appliances, including Home Depot, Lowe's and Best Buy.
Do Samsung gas ranges come with an LP conversion kit?
Yes. All Samsung gas ranges can be converted to use liquid propane. Samsung gas ranges come with the LP conversion kit that includes LP orifices and instructions for installation and conversion.
Are Samsung ovens self-cleaning?
Yes. Samsung ovens come with quiet and efficient self-cleaning options.

Are Samsung stoves good?

Samsung has been a trusted manufacturer for appliances for decades. The company offers extended warranties, free shipping and extended returns. It features a wide variety and stoves, ovens and cooktops at various price points to suit most budgets, and the smart features will appeal to tech-savvy customers. The products are durable, stylish and functional, but the customer service has received mixed reviews.

Samsung Stove-Oven-Range Reviews

Original review: Feb. 17, 2021

I have always been a fan of SAMSUNG products, so when I was gifted with a refrigerator I decided to upgrade my other appliances to SAMSUNG during Christmas of 2020. Installation was very quick. Trust me when I say SAMSUNG did not disappoint. My range is an electric ceramic top with convection model. It bakes very nicely and the cooktop cooks nice and evenly. Although it seems as though the bottom drawer is not as deep as my other range, it seems as though the inside of the oven was a little bigger. In regard to appearance, although stainless steel seems to be the rage right now, I opted for white and it is just as sleek and attractive. It is easy to use, easy to clean and I could see myself purchasing SAMSUNG appliances again!

Original review: Feb. 17, 2021

I like the look of the Samsung range. I’m currently on my second one as the first one had lasted about ten years before the circuit board in the back burnt out. I spent about $75 for a new board thinking that it would be good for another ten years however, it only last another two months. Therefore I just bought a new one that looked exactly the same. I had the old one recycled.

The new convection oven works much better than the old one. It moves the air in a much better way to more evenly cook whatever is in the oven. This new Samsung seems easier to clean and keep clean as well. I really appreciate that I can still find the same looking model type many years later. The stainless steel finish exactly matches all of the other older Samsung appliances in the kitchen.

Get buying tips about Ranges, Ovens, and Stoves delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2021

My Samsung 5 burner with convection oven stove... several issues with it: 1. Oven temperature totally unreliable, must set it 25-30 degrees higher than desired temp. 2. Stovetop grates too heavy but can go in dishwasher. 3. Oven temperature ready signal incorrect. It sounds when the temperature is till 50 degrees or more from the temperature I set. 4. Inside oven glass hard to clean. 5. I do not recommend a black stove top as it shows every particle of debris/ grease, etc. Get a light color. It is nice to have 5 burners. I never use the convection feature. It doesn't make much difference in any recipe. I would not recommend this stove at all and wish I had purchased a more expensive stove.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2021

First, when using the center burner/griddle (that was provided with the stove) I am not able to place pans on the other burners. Secondly the Air Fryer is a great feature, perfect for making Buffalo wings without oil, however since the oven is so large it takes longer than a stand alone air fryer. I do love the size of the oven. I can bake a huge Turkey with plenty of room to slide in some large baking potatoes. This stove is a replacement for an electric stove. So happy with our choice. I can regulate cooking temperature on each burner with ease. No burning or over cooking with gas. Baked goods turn out fantastic. Love the ability to use either Bake or Convection Bake.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2021

The stove is great and the heating element works well. I like the flexibility provided by having multiple pot sizes on each eye of the range as it provides for quick and even heating without any overkill. The range dials and oven buttons have a nice "click" when depressed, which I prefer compared to my old stove that didn't have much feedback when using. The oven also has a convection feature that I greatly appreciate as well. My only complaint on my stove is that for some reason the oven light blows quickly regardless of how often you use it. I have replaced the light numerous times within 6 months and I have just stopped using it.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2021

I built my new home in September of 2020. I purchased new appliances the Samsung hub refrigerator as well as the black stainless steel gas duo smart oven. After having and using the stove for about 11 months I notice that there were areas where the appliance was peeling. I was confused as to why stainless steel was peeling only to find out that the black stainless steel is a layer of paint. I reached out to Samsung as well as Best Buy because I did purchase the extended warranties only to be told that this was a cosmetic issue and there was nothing that they could do about it. After being told this from both parties I was devastated.

I have spent 7k on these appliances and they're starting to look like crap. It has come to my knowledge that this is a common problem and there are a ton of consumers in the same boat as me. Samsung should be ashamed of its business practices. It is obvious that the craftsmanship of their black stainless steel is not up to par. As a consumer that works hard for my money what makes you think that I would pay so much for a product that starts to peel within a year of having it. As a consumer there was no disclosure of any indication that that could/would be the case. Otherwise I would have just opted for the regular stainless steel and not the black stainless steel. It is mind-boggling that Samsung treats their consumers this way after we send our hard-earned money to only end up with defective products that they are not willing to replace.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2021

At the moment, our house is fully stocked with Samsung stainless steel appliances from top to bottom. Dishwasher, microwave, freerange oven, refrigerator, TVs, etc. You name it, we bought into the Samsung brand due to the tech features and the sleek designs, but we regret every single decision we made when buying the Samsung brand. Never have we ever had such an awful experience with EVERY single product from a single brand than with Samsung. I'll keep this review narrowed in focus to just the Samsung freerange oven, but I do want to provide some details around the numerous and frequent issues we've had with every other Samsung appliance we own.

First off, some background, we usually buy our appliances from Lowe's due to the proximity to our home and the frequent sales they offer. We started to renovate our house a few years ago and began purchasing new appliances at that time. From the start we had problems. First, we purchased a new Samsung waterwall dishwasher and within the first year, we had to repair a plastic motor part that drained water after the wash cycle. We decided to not purchase the Lowes warranty at the time (regrettably) and I was forced to watch a YouTube video of a guy taking the motor apart and using epoxy to repair a cheapo plastic part that was seemingly critical to the machine's functionality. Next up was the Samsung microwave, which after 6 months had the motherboard supporting the dials blow out. It literally just stopped working, without warning or without an obvious cause.

Luckily, this was within warranty and a new board was mailed to us, which solved the problem. Fast forward 3 years (which seems to be the magic timeframe for ALL Samsung appliances to crap out), we're now having the exact same issue. So, outside of warranty, we need to figure out whether to fix or replace this crappy Samsung microwave. Next up we have the Samsung smart 55" LED TV. We bought this at Best Buy on a Black Friday deal 3 years ago and it was great...until it wasn't. No warning, it worked one day and then it didn't. Looked up all the DIY fixes and replaced the power board, no luck. It was JUST outside warranty and we know face the decision to pay more to fix it or just change to a new, different brand, TV. UGH!

Now, to the Samsung freerange oven. To start, we are very, VERY, fortunate to not have had our house burn to the ground due to this incredibly dangerous and absolutely awful appliance from catching fire....TWICE! Some details, again, we bought our Samsung freerange range oven, Model NE597R0ABSR/AA, Serial Number J0V27DCC501158V, from Lowes back in 2019. We had a very old oven that just wasn't cutting it and we did quite a bit of research before purchasing this oven. We felt at the time that Samsung had very good reviews, despite some of their newer lines of appliances being out for a short period of time. We take the plunge and the experience of having it delivered and installed was great. Not more than 2 years of having the oven we had our first of two awful experiences with the oven.

I cook for a family of 6 about 5-6 times a week, using 3 of the 4 range top burners and the oven at the same time. That's a lot of cooking on a regular basis, so when we were simply cooking on 2 burners without using the oven and we saw FLAMES coming from the back of the oven, we were blown away. And terrified! We immediately turned the burner, got the fire extinguisher ready and shut off the main breaker to the kitchen. The flames subsided but the smoke was still billowing out of the back of the oven and the fire detectors went crazy. As we pulled the oven out from the wall (and took off the food, which eventually spoiled) we could see where the smoke was coming from. We unplugged the oven and took off the panel and the entire motherboard was melted....it was like someone doused it with gasoline and set it on fire. Our oven was ruined and the wall behind the oven was charred.

Long story short, we filed a claim with Samsung and despite our oven being out of warranty for just a few months, they sent out techs (who didn't speak English) to replace the motherboard and it worked once again. We were pretty shaken from the experience and were hesitant using the oven or range with any level of intensity, but over time we began to use it normally. Not 10 months later, we were making dinner just like we always did (the night before Thanksgiving, nonetheless) and THE SAME THING HAPPENED, but on a different place on the the oven. We heard a POP, and the back of the oven started smoking and there were flames. Then the oven shut off. Once again, we turned off the oven, we pulled it out, we unplugged it, we removed the back panels and IT MELTED THE GODDAMN WIRES!

This was the last straw. Samsung appliances have been nothing but an absolute disaster and even with warranties, they seem to stop working/break/catch fire/etc just days or weeks or months past the warranty timeframes. Samsung makes appliances and products that look great, but my god they are absolute trash. We are now in the process of replacing every Samsung product in our house to prevent a disaster in our home. Do your research, buy what you can afford, but please, do not buy Samsung. It's garbage.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

The digital Samsung convection oven with the 5-gas-burner option (long burner in the middle) is an excellent choice! The range does everything that I would want it to do while maintaining steadfast temperatures in the oven as well as controlled trickle-gas flames on the stove top. The only negative comment that I would make is cleaning the stove top with its anodized black cover. Never use an abrasive when cleaning or you'll scratch the hell out of it! I would recommend replacing the cover with stainless steel. My food otherwise comes out perfectly each and every time!

Original review: Nov. 6, 2021

My new Samsung gas stove is awesome! It has a convection and airfry oven! I love the way the gastop burners work. I had a gas stove previously, but was shocked how much nicer this Samsung is. It is also 5 burners (griddle center burner).

Original review: Nov. 5, 2021

I like this range overall over others because it's durable when you cook. When you set temperature it cooks the food evenly and baking also. It fits right into the space and it looks good. I will recommend this style and brand to others. I will purchase this brand forever.

Samsung Stove-Oven-Range Company Information