Samsung Stove-Oven-Range

Compare Ranges, Ovens, and Stoves

Research top Ranges, Ovens, and Stoves recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Hate the stove, definitely not worth the price. GE products far surpass. I have had nothing but problems! Like everyone else you can't keep the ceramic top clean or free of blemishes if you try to polish it, it will permanently take the shine off. The oven is off by 25 degrees and had to be recalibrated - why do I need to play tech. Mind you, I live alone and barely cook the other day opened the door there was one screw missing on the hinge and all the rest were loose. Spent hours on the phone. They explained it was out of warranty so sad too bad! Who would ever think to check screws when you buy a $800 range. To top it off they couldn't be bothered to send me a simple screw. My suggestion is go to store, buy a oven thermometer, see what your oven is putting out then recalibrate your temp yourself, you will have much better luck if you have bought 1 of their LEMONS.

We bought this double range in 2014. On Jan of 2017 we were moving the range to have a new floor put in. When the floor was done we moved the range back to where it was and plugged it in. When we did this it blew the breaker. We then shut off the electric and checked the range. We could smell smoke from the back of the range. We took the back of the power cover off and found the black plastic clamp that holds the wire to the power cord let go and the wires hit the cover and shorted out the range. I was told that there was nothing that could be done. I feel this is a serious safety issue and it could cause serious problems or fire. Will not buy another.

I have had several stoves over my fifty-five years of marriage. The Samsung is the very best. It's a flat surface top that cleans very easy. The self clean oven works very well. It has a choice of regular oven or convection. I really like the convection oven. It cooks very well and evenly cooks every thing.

I bought the NE58K9500SG, slide in range in Nov., I would like to report a safety issue. The knobs on the front are too easy to turn. My husband and I are constantly turning the stove top on by accident with our body while reaching to the back burners or the cabinet above the stove or the microwave. We have young grandchildren in the house from time to time and I am worried about it. While we were hanging a backsplash the stove top came on and we weren't aware of it. I really don't know what to do about it and I'm trying to adapt to it. I love the range but I'm worried about the safety of it. I can't give this a higher rating because I feel it's just a matter of time before something worse happens. I have contacted Samsung support to let them be aware of the design flaws and I will update my review when or if I hear back from them.

I have had my appliances less than 3 years. The handle on the refrigerator and microwave both came off. The Samsung name logo came off on the stove. The instructions in the manual said "don't clean the logo. It may come off". Whoever heard of not cleaning your stove. Currently I need to replace a knob on the stove which will cost $38 + shipping to replace. This is a plastic knob. I have talked to customer no-service who had said since the stove was over a year old they could not replace it. I will never buy a Samsung product again. I have never had to replace a knob or handle on any of my previous appliances. Think hard and long before you buy a Samsung appliance.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Computers and Monitors?

I had my stove 2 years. Laid a lid on the top and it exploded. Samsung won't do anything about it. What a poor company. They don't stand behind their products. I've already had to replace microwave because it kept shorting out and they said it was just out of warranty. Never buy a Samsung.

I like the fact that that you can have two separate oven space with two different temperature settings or one large one. On top of the range are 5 burners & each one is a different size. The middle long burner is nice for a griddle. It would be nice if one of the smaller burners was up front. The large burner is a real power house & I seldom use it. When I do use it, the low setting is plenty & sometimes still too much. The oven door window is large enough to see in either top or bottom oven. The black top is hard to keep clean & with any stove the front knobs get splattered with grease but they come off for easier cleaning.

This has got to be the worse oven range I have ever had. It doesn't heat to the right temperature. Called service in and they replaced the circuit board to the stove and it still doesn't heat to the right temperature. The service guy says, "Well, that's all we can do." So I guess I out of luck. Not much use in calling Samsung because they just give you the runaround. NEVER going to buy another Samsung product in my life, EVER the worse. Don't buy their products.

I recently purchased a Samsung gas stove. When I received it the bottom interior panel was defective. There were lines in the finish. I used the oven three times and the finish started to peel off of the stove. I put in a warranty claim and the claim was found to be physical damage and not covered. I paid $3600 for this stove. The defect is not physical damage. Even if it was the finish should not be peeling and flaking off after three uses or not at all! Samsung refuses to send another technician out to document the damage properly. The first technician could not take a decent picture to show the defect or the peeling. I could have taken a better picture myself. I would like Samsung to come back out and properly document and resubmit the claim. Three oven uses and the finish is peeling off! I thought Samsung was a good name. Apparently it's not. The smell of the finish burning off the bottom panel cannot be good to be breathing in.

While baking at 375 degrees and standing in front of the oven I heard a loud pop, and then seen a lot of smoke coming out of the top rear behind the clock and program panel. From the smell, it was obviously an electrical fire. The circuit board and connectors burned up. Luckily I was close by and able to unplug the stove. Stove is completely inoperative and is only 6 1/2 years old. I never had any problems until now. I was able to unplug the stove so I do not know if the fire would have continued. Dangerous fire hazard. I wonder what would have happened if I was not home and my granddaughter decided to cook a pizza. Out of approx 40 comments I have read, three of them mentioned the same thing happening to them.

I purchased this about 16 months ago. Loved the ability to make it into 2 ovens. Unfortunately even though it's a self cleaning oven it got too hot when it cleaned the oven and fried the electronic board, so I paid 475.00 to fix a almost new stove. Sounds like over heating stoves and phones is a major problem for Samsung.

Dangerous and scalding to the touch (on the outside) on self-cleaning mode, melted my cupboards on both sides of the range. Of course Samsung will not acknowledge that there is a problem with this unit doing this. Leon's Furniture (where I bought it from) will not accept any responsibility either. They (Samsung) is now telling us that the consumer needs at least 3 inches on each side of the range for clearance (who in the heck would build an opening that huge for their range and it would also be aesthetically ugly) and how stupid would that look for a slide in range (the glass top would not sit on top of the counter then??). Then the next excuse is that you should pull your range out every time you self-clean... really?? (Not with my bad back!) Strange that in every distributor that sells this range such as Lowe's, Home Depot, Leon's that their display models do not have a huge 3 in gap on both sides of the range, can you say FALSE ADVERTISING!

Before I bought this monstrosity I had a Kenmore slide in range and never, EVER, did I have a "high heat/scalding to the touch" issue with it, it never caused damage to the surrounding cupboards either. Beware of this extremely dangerous product and most of all they (Samsung) will take your money but they surely don't care if they damage your newly remodeled kitchen. Warning... keep children and pets away from this dangerous product. I now see why they have so many complaints about phones, dryers and now stoves. At least stand behind your product if they damage a consumer's property!

Samsung induction electric range model #NE599N1PBSR - almost immediately this stove top was causing grief. Purchased in Spring 2014 before summer I had placed a call to Samsung to report the problems. I was appeased by the customer service person who declared it was my pots. I had purchased very expensive induction pots and the problem still persisted. I had induction pots as soon as I bought the appliance. I thought they might be inferior. It has continued for 2 years with no solution. Samsung has "no record" of my problem. Over a month ago Samsung's repair person came to investigate - has been 6 weeks, no callback, I have placed 3 subsequent calls, no callback.

I spoke with Samsung today... they have no record, and can't do a thing, they will NOT honor warranty even tho the first complaint was lodged before the expiry of the warranty - once again they have no record of that call. Shame on Samsung. Elements won't work, oven shots off, at best I can use 2 elements at one time. I bought 4 Samsung appliances that day and already had the dishwasher serviced also. Such a waste of money!

Purchased a stove and refrigerator in June. Have already had 5 service calls on the fridge due to an error code that keeps popping up. Last week I used the self cleaning feature on the stove. Once it ran through the cycle I noticed the control panel was not working and the stainless was brown. Called Samsung Galaxy who put me in touch with service quick. After I called and left a message and waited 2 days. Another week for the appointment. The service tech never called to confirm and I waited all day. He arrived and change gedanken out a part but the cosmetic damage was not repaired. He had to call Samsung to get approval. Now he has to come back for another service call. Horrible service department.

Samsung doesn't believe in customer satisfaction, they don't take responsibility of their faulty, defective products. Doesn't even bother to get it fixed even if it's a safety hazard. Bought a gas cooking range year ago, gas is leaking from somewhere inside the oven. They have a worst customer service. They want customer to spend money on repairs, seems like, they are making money from there as well.

We bought the Samsung double oven glass top electric range in January 2016 for a bargain basement price of $1719, plus tax. Because they discontinued basic black we had to get the black stainless. In November, while wiping the upper oven door with a damp cloth some of the black stainless finish peeled off. I called Samsung Customer Service, if you want to call it that. They asked me to send a picture of the damage. They got back to me and called it consumer wear. I said, no it's a defective finish.

We went back and forth and finally, on December 5th they called me back and said it's cosmetic and not covered. I said, the finish failed, and am I supposed to look at this for the next 8 years. They said I can get it fixed myself. In addition, the oven racks are so flimsy that when I had a 15 pound turkey in the oven the rack collapsed. Fortunately the other rack was right below and I was able to fix it. You have to remember to keep the pan in the center of the rack. Dealing with Samsung is worse than dealing with the VA. I will never buy another Samsung appliance. After reading the other reviews, I'm really looking forward to some of the other problems I can have.

Worst stove range, and worse part is that Samsung won't do anything, the grills are made out of cheap materials and Samsung knows but they try and make you believe that you don't know how to clean them, plus the grease bakes on the grill and won't clean.

Looks great at first but after only a couple uses the surface is scratched just from using paper towel and multi-purpose cleaner. Stove is truly difficult to keep clean. I am now using microfiber and stainless cleaner. The steel seems to of lower quality than our GE appliances.The other issue is when either front gas burner is on lowest setting flames are too high and will burn if you are not careful so, you are the forced into using back burners as they are smaller and stay a true low heat.

While baking Christmas cookies a buzz, pop, smoke, then fire broke out of the top rear behind the clock and program panel. Put it out with a fire extinguisher. Scorched the wall behind stove. The circuit board and connectors burned up. Luckily we were close by. Stove is completely inoperative and only four years old. Second Samsung appliance that failed in just a few years and had to be replaced. Fridge had to be replaced due to continued failure and expensive repair. I will never purchase Samsung products. Dangerous and fire hazards when it comes to electrical parts.

I bought a Samsung Range under a year ago and have been having problems with it ever since. When using the oven, it heats my cabinets, knobs, walls, over the range microwave, and exterior portions of the range to over 160 degrees. When using the oven the stove knobs are too hot to even turn on the stove top. We called Samsung and they immediate sent out a service technician. The tech said the area was getting extremely warm but the range was working properly. We again called Samsung because we are unable to use this unsafe product in our home and they were very rude and not concerned about our safety, but agreed to send another tech out. Second tech, said it was getting warm and that’s how ovens work and left. I know for a fact that this is NOT how ovens work.

My cabinets and over the range microwave are nearly too hot to open when the oven is on. My neighbor has the exact same range and hers is not operating this way, so I know there is an issue with mine. We are not able to use this oven at this point due to safety issues as my husband has already received burns. Samsung is not willing to resolve this issue and that is unacceptable, especially because it is still under warranty.

We bought this range in Feb 2016, and it has not worked properly since the beginning. Their service desk is designed to discourage callers. For example, they keep asking me the same questions I have answered numerous times. Is there any recourse?

I purchased the entire black stainless kitchen set Refrigerator, Stove, Dishwasher, and Microwave. After 3 week of use on the stove my wife made corn on the cob, she did her normal way of making the corn of a large pot to boil the corn in. Well some of the water boiled over which is a normal thing that happens when cooking. We didn't think too much of it since we have been cooking on a glass top stove for over ten years with our old Ignis Stove. My wife went to clean the top the next morn and she found where the water boiled over the glass pitted or pop little holes in the top.

Samsung is denying our claim say it is do to Wear and Tear. Are you kidding me!!! Wear and Tear. When the appliances came in we found that the freezer pull out door has a small crease in it and had to have this order from the company we purchased the appliances from. Well five weeks later still no replacement door. It is really sad because I have always enjoyed using my other Samsung products and have been buy Samsung for over 36 years now. Well they (Samsung) just lost one of their best customers!!!

We purchased a Samsung glass cooktop stove. Three months after our purchase the glass top cracked. The crack occurred the second time I used the burner. I noticed the crack the next morning when I went to dust the cooktop. A KitchenAid repair person told us, that this happens occasionally with glass cooktops. Glass can have bubbles, etc... This repair is covered under their warranty. Samsung however considers this physical damage and their warranty does not cover "physical damage". Nothing bumped the stove or fell on top of the cooktop. We have had a glass cooktop for twenty years, so it took me a while to understand what this meant.

Regardless of what is wrong or if there is a defect in the product that results in physical damage, then it is not warranted. I am amazed that they can get away with this. I will NEVER buy another Samsung product and plan to report this to every consumer protection agency I can reach. This is definitely a buyer beware organization. As another reviewer said, their warranty is useless.

Samsung Flex duo range NE59J7750WS - I wish I would have found this site BEFORE I purchased this range. In theory, this was everything I wanted, replacing an 18-year old Maytag. Plugged this range in and the flex duo range doesn't work! Keeps showing error code C-20. Samsung said because we installed it that it wasn't covered under warranty. Nowhere in the literature does it say that. I called Sears and Samsung multiple times in two days. If I plugged it in and the rest of the machine works, it's not me plugging it in wrong! Samsung's customer service, or lack thereof makes me wish I could return this and put my old rusty one back. Don't buy from Samsung! Especially if you plug it in yourself! How ridiculous! I feel like I've wasted $800, and will need to purchase a simpler model in the future. I used to love Samsung, but this fiasco ensures I will no longer buy their products.

Like many dissatisfied and cheated people... My parents' range top cracked with a loud noise last night (while everyone was in another room of the house) breaking the stove top, literally just a month after the one year warranty expired. This is ridiculous! That a company can get away with this! Hundreds of dollars down the drain and now they are forced to purchase a new one!? Or perhaps replace the specific part for two hundred dollars and just hope it doesn't just keep happening? Which clearly it will with all of the people having similar experiences.

The previous oven they had lasted my parents 20 years! What's worse is that they purchased a matching Samsung washer, dryer, and microwave. Who knows when those are gonna break or blow up? As of right now I plan to contact an attorney, this is happening to way too many people for Samsung to not do a better job of helping. Why are these appliances still being sold to people??? We bought ours at Best Buy who of course are more than happy to take their money for another oven. My parents are older and they aren't gonna get online and research this stuff. So sad, that companies can take advantage of people like this. It has to stop! It broke my heart to see my dad trying to figure out what went wrong with this damn thing last night.

Bought this stove in 2014 from Brands Mart. Had trouble cooking and baking with food burning on outside and raw on inside. Had technician once during 1st year and 3 times under useless extended warranty. They kept saying nothing was wrong but when they pulled out the stove, my cabinets were burned. Complained to Samsung and have talked to over 15 people in customer relations. Uploaded pictures of burned cabinets, estimates to repair cabinets, receipt of stove and estimate to replace it as advised by Angel ID **.

He is in the executive office and told me they would refund or exchange the stove on October 13, 2016. They give you the run around and after complying with all of their requests, today was told they need to send a technician again to assess. Don't buy anything from Samsung. Product and service are terrible. Will be going forward with a lawsuit after this hassle. I have dates and names and some ID numbers and they keep coming up with more excuses and lies!

We purchased our Samsung Induction range in Jan 2015. Within a couple of weeks we got an error message which made no sense but nothing on the range worked. As this was under the one year warranty I called Samsung. After several days and several calls I was informed there were no Samsung certified repair people within a three-hour radius. I called Calgary and was told by a Samsung certified repairman they get calls from all over the province but will not leave the city. I returned to Sears where I purchased the range. They were willing to replace the range but asked if I would allow them to arrange their service people to come out, which they did. No stove for three weeks as the entire electrical panel had to be replaced. Fortunately at this time I purchased five year extended warranty through Sears.

We now have issues with the oven. For no reason, mid cycle/baking the oven puts out an error message (silent) and the range does not work. On one occasion it just stopped working without an error message. Thank goodness I don't have to try to get a repairman... Sears will send out their technician. I have read complaints about cleaning the glass top. I clean with soap and water. Dry it then spray with Weimar cooktop cleaner. It does a great job and my cooktop is still looking good. If you have an induction range and you find a stainless steel pan doesn't work, you likely have one of two problem. Some stainless steel pans have additional metals in them which will cause them not to work and the other is a warped bottom. I deeply regret buying this range and given Samsung phones catching fire and the clothes washer lids blowing off... I will never buy any Samsung products.

I can't say enough how horrible our experience has been with these products. Refrigerator doesn't get cold enough, ss finish is terrible, microwave fogs up on glass in door and told that's normal. Range has been a nightmare. Electric stove top is terrible, uneven heat, burns, no heat, burns, no heat. Info panel sometimes lights up half, meat probe does not work, oven door locks on its own. Called for repair. Replaced info panel. Now burners turn on by themselves to high heat! Had to pull stove out and unplug as it would not turn off. One side of panel gets burning hot. Too long of a list to go on.

Customer service is a joke. On hold an average of 1 hour with a continual loop of telling you to get on website to schedule repair. Website is no help. Get on live chat, 45 minutes waiting for response. Nothing. Call back, one hour wait on hold. Finally to be told, someone will call me in 1 or 2 days. I cannot have their phone no. HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE WITH EVERYTHING. JUST HORRIBLE. Plan on taking days off of work to schedule and to have repaired. Appts are a joke. Someone will call in morning to tell you about when they "may" be there. HORRIBLE.

Bought brand new Samsung electric range in summer 2016. Immediately noticed loud clicks when oven was on, oven makes 6-7 loud clicks per minute. Called Samsung for warranty service. Samsung refused to dispatch a technician unless I agreed to pay for the call BECAUSE it's normal! That's right, making approx 400 loud clicks per hour is NORMAL. This is the worst appliance and service I have ever experienced.

Called HD and they said "there's nothing we can do." Went to HD store and played them a video I took of my new Samsung range. Every HD employee said "that's NOT normal BUT you're stuck with it, there's nothing HD can do!" I hate my brand new Samsung range. We bought 4 appliances that day, thank goodness only one appliance was Samsung garbage. Avoid ALL Samsung appliances. I will never buy a Samsung product of any kind! Samsung simply declares all design flaws normal and avoids any responsibility. Samsung is a despicable company, please avoid Samsung products.

Don't buy Samsung Ranges. I brought the chef collection 30" last year and within two months had to exchange it for another. After four technicians later and new computer boards, they finally replaced it with a new one. The range would go on by itself and the only way to shut it off was the main switch in the basement. So far so good until one day I was making a sandwich for lunch and heard this loud cracking. I didn't know where it was coming from so that night when I started dinner I realized it was the cooktop that cracked. I wasn't using it, the range was off. This is most bizarre. How can this happen? Well I looked up on this consumer site and apparently I'm not the first person. So there's got to be a defect right? Maybe a recall is in order.

When I called Samsung they said they would extend my warranty but I needed a tech to come out to make sure it wasn't caused by physical damage. Okay a tech came out and clearly wrote that it was not caused by physical damage and reported that to Samsung. I called them to see what happens next and they claim I need a second opinion and more pictures. They forwarded more pics and Samsung said it was caused by physical damage and I wasn't covered by the warranty.

I asked a customer relations person who can I talk to that can help me. She said "an executive customer service person, but they only have outgoing calls, you will have to wait until they call you." That person called me today and left a message and told me according to the pictures it was physical damage. So I guess they are calling me a liar. I'm not done with them yet, but they are the lowest of the low companies that screw people right and left. Their customer service is full of abrasive people that will not help me. They only have outgoing calls. What in the hell is that? I've had two of their ranges in 15 months and I'm sorry I ever bought one. Terrible company. I bought this item at Best Buy 8/17/2015.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Samsung has provided high-quality electronics, computer components and appliances for more than 70 years. Samsung engineers perfected microwave technology for the first home-use models in the early 1970s and their technology maintains that innovative spirit while designing modern cooking appliances.

• Dual fuel: Samsung was among the first companies to offer dual fuel cooking appliances that utilize both electric and gas heating for flexible usage.
  • Curated product lines: Samsung maintains a small inventory of current models in comparison to other major brand names but dedicates itself to maintaining the highest quality in production and feature design for those models.
  • Technology: Samsung leverages its experience in consumer electronics to provide the latest in cooking appliance technology, including network integration and "smart home" design.
  • Affiliate partnerships: Samsung maintains relationships with a variety of brick and mortar retailers, giving buyers a range of choices for how and where to buy.
  • Easy warranties: Samsung allows customers to call directly or schedule an appointment online to quickly and easily resolve issues covered by the manufacturer's warranty.
  • Best for Users cooking for one and users cooking for families.

Compare Ranges, Ovens, and Stoves