Samsung Stove-Oven-Range

Compare Ranges, Ovens, and Stoves

Research top Ranges, Ovens, and Stoves recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I bought a Samsung oven in Oct 2016. The temperature was not correct (less than what I set it) and I didn't know it until I put my turkey in the oven for Thanksgiving. Called Samsung & they sent a repairman. Temps were still not working correctly. Called Samsung again and the same repairman came out but said he needed to order a thermometer. 3rd visit he said it was working, but temps dropped about 25 degrees, then rose over 30 degrees. He said this is how ovens work. The oven is still not fixed but at the end of Jan they are sending another repairman. The saga continues. What a poor product and customer service. The warranty could expire by the time they fix it.

After reading Consumer's Report Magazine and choosing the top rated products, we went to Best Buy and purchased all three appliances at once. The Oven started smoking (first time used), filled the house with toxic smoke, burnt my lady's face. The microwave exhaust fan never turned on. All this happened within the first time we used the oven. The side by side refrigerator started leaking water and won't stop leaking (water dispenser). Samsung sent out repairman for the range-oven, ordered parts then came back out to finish repairs, tried to use oven again, oven went up in smoke again. SoCalGas Co. came out and RED-tagged the Range-Oven. So far Samsung has blamed us for all the problems. We had to hire an attorney to handle this mess. Samsung has problems with their phones, washing machines, ranges, microwaves, and refrigerators. I wonder what's next?

I purchased a package of Samsung appliances late July. On New Year day I was cooking on my glass range top. I heard a popping sound while washing dishes. I finish cooking. While removing the pot from the I discovered a crack in the range top. I called Samsung and pictures was sent and arrangements was made for Lakes Electronics to repair my stove top. On the day before someone was to come out I received a phone call saying the warranty does not cover my repair. First I was told the the pot on the stove was empty or the wrong pot were on the stove. Mind you the stove is still under warranty and I was looking when the stove top cracked. I will never buy nothing with this name brand. I wish I would have read the reviews first.

In less than 1 year the so called black stainless finish is peeling off both oven doors of our SAMSUNG ELECTRIC DOUBLE OVEN NE59J850 where the handles attach. Samsung calls it a cosmetic issue and will not address repair. The finish is tissue thin and simply comes off with a sponge. Last Samsung product in this house as we are also having trouble with two Samsung TVs.

Never ever buy a Samsung appliance. Had a Samsung oven and the water was boiling and then the oven top turned off and I went to turn the burner on again and sparks and arcing and loud booms and then smoke. It had burned the wires in the back almost clear through to the oven. Samsung repair came out and sent pictures and documentation to Samsung. They continually claim they haven't received them. Then another says they have and it is only cosmetic damage. It is over 3 weeks of trying to deal with them. Never, never buy Samsung.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Computers and Monitors?

My range stopped working on January 12th. I called Samsung. I was told there isn't a warranty and that they don't support their products for more than a year. If I spend a few thousand dollars on an appliance, I expect better. The person I spoke to was rude and short and basically said "tough". I know getting those calls from unhappy customers isn't always fun, but usually manufacturers of product take pride in their work and stand behind it. It is what it is.

Turns out a wire, for some reason shorted out on 12th of January. My range is 2.5 years old. When that happened, the techs ordered some parts thinking it was the terminal that blew (guess it happens a lot). They had to order parts. They came out on January 18th and guess what? It wasn't the terminal. It was a short in a wire. But also the "motherboard" blew out.

They ordered a new one and came back on January 20th, but the new board fresh out of the box, was cracked and didn't work. So they ordered another one. They came today, January 25th and that board, fresh out of the box was cracked also. I have been without a working range for 2 weeks now! I contacted Samsung about their less than stellar quality of parts and they informed me it was the service techs were not Samsung Authorized. Ha! They sure are. I am not opposed to paying for service. It's like a new car, you have to have service it. For me it's about the quality of the product.

I have never in my life been so disappointed in a product I purchased. I am so deeply discouraged in this company right now. How can Samsung, in good faith promote a product that only last a couple years? Then all of the parts that have been ordered are broken also? That's wrong. The less than acceptable quality portrayed by Samsung is completely unacceptable.

The moral of the story is this. I will never again purchase a Samsung Product. I will not recommend it to a friend and I will not give a 5 star rating to this kind of support, service or quality. I am telling everyone I know to never invest in Samsung. You do not stand behind your products. The quality of the product is less than stellar and consumers deserve better. I deserve better!

Samsung Electric Range - My complaint is when you use the self cleaning feature, it burns out something in the control panel and requires a repairman to replace the part. According to the repairman it's the way it's made and was told not to use this feature. How silly is that? Why buy a self cleaning stove and can't use it??? I tested it again while still under warranty and it did it again for a second time. I am calling Samsung for a full refund. Either way I will surely be running the self cleaning feature more times before the warranty runs out. They will be paying the repair people as much as it takes until warranty is out.

I was cooking dinner on the cooktop. I looked down and saw that the front glass of the oven door was completely shattered. One front element on the top was on medium heat as I made dinner. I had not used the oven in several days. I had not banged or even touched the oven door. Is it still safe to use the cooktop? We immediately went to the electrical box and shut off the breaker as we didn't know what had caused the glass to break when there wasn't any heat in the oven. We have called Sears and they will send out a repairman sometime in the next 24 to 48 hours. In the meantime I am without a stove and will have to use the microwave or barbecue to prepare meals.

When we moved from a townhouse to a condo we purchased all new appliances, one of which was a Samsung induction range. The range was delivered in August 2016 and we finally had it removed in December 2016. Over that time we had to have three on site repair visits and would have had to have a fourth if the unit had not been removed. The stove top worked fine until one day we heard a loud pop and a fuse blew. Two of the burners had to be replaced. The oven was a disaster. It did not work more often than it actually worked. Most often what would happen is that we would put something in the oven and then the control panel at the front of the stove would stop working. No amount of touching of buttons would make the thing work.

We ended up throwing out more food than we actually were able to cook. Samsung service is terrible. They insist on starting any conversation with a web chat. Then you need to call an 800 number to get a repair scheduled. Then you need to work with the repair company. Everyone points fingers at everyone else. Finally we had to get the store that we purchased the unit from to work with the Samsung rep who finally agreed to replace the unit (with another brand). I would not recommend a Samsung range.

After months of trying to get help for my oven, all I got is a bunch of runaround, transfer call to someone else game, pretend to not have received pictures. The final straw was when I got the last email saying that physical damage is not covered but technical is covered. I about lost my mind!! This person claimed that he had not received my photos and I agreed since they were returned to me due to the large size. So before I sent him the evidence this final time, he had already magically seen the pictures! It went from "I don't have your pictures, I cannot enter coworker's email account" to "retrieve them along with the purchase order for proof."

Within a year both my Samsung oven and refrigerator were becoming useless with regular use, not abuse. I bought these brand new off the factory floor so I expected it to last me many many years! All in all, they were bought to be used yet I am being screwed with because the quality does not match its price. If anyone can help me in any way to make Samsung listen I would be very happy!

SAMSUNG DOUBLE OVEN CONVECTION RANGE NE59J7850WS - After a kitchen remodel last year I updated my appliances and since we have such fantastic folks at our local Lowe's store, that is where I went to buy them. First time in 20 years. I am sick that I had to do so now that I have had to experience complete failure in my new products. I went through 5 new stoves and returned them for one reason or another. Lowe's was amazing in their desire to be sure I was satisfied. I eventually settled for the Samsung because I thought the small oven and the convection feature would be good.

I am 62 years old and started cooking when I was 8. I have never in my entire life burned as many things as I have burned with this cook top in the past 4 months of ownership. I cannot control the temperature so I have to cook absolutely everything on the lowest setting and stand over the stove while it is cooking. The ovens just completely stopped working today and I have no idea why. Before the ovens quit working, the fans blew in my oven and overcooked half of the food I would bake and under cook the other side of it. I NEVER EVER get the stove top clean, EVER. I use the products made just for the smooth top and all it does is smudge. I am way too frustrated after 5 stoves and then spending what I consider a fortune on this stove to even consider calling service people if I will not be able to understand them. Unplugging and plugging back in did not work for me. Waiting for that class action suit for sure.

On Oct 12 of this year I bought a Samsung Self-Cleaning Slide in Convection Range Model Number NX58H9500WS. I normally keep it clean manually, but decided to try the self clean option a week ago. After it heated up, black noxious smoke was billowing out of the oven. It was setting off all my smoke alarm, and spreading black soot everywhere. I shut down the machine from the electric junction and opened all the windows. I believe if I hadn't thought quickly it would have set fire to my apartment. I called Samsung, and they came here and inspected the machine, and voided the warranty. How does one void a warranty on a machine that was obviously defective, and could have caused a house fire?

I went to the place I purchased the machine, because I had a warranty with them. They came, and they verified the stove had gone on fire. The company I purchased this from is taking care of the issue that Samsung should have taken care of. This is reprehensible on the part of Samsung Customer Service. We are now allowed to return said item to the store and will be picking out another range. You can guess it will NOT be a Samsung.

This company is the worst company to deal with as to warranty issues. Absolutely the worst company in the appliance business to deal with if you have a problem. They only say no. Do yourself a favor. Buy a different brand. You can't speak to the same person twice. They transfer your calls all over the world. They lose the documentation you send them, tell you one thing then renege. The glass top ranges develop cracks then they tell you it's cosmetic. I had a GE glass top range 15 years and the top was still perfect when I got rid of it. Run from this company!!!

Hate the stove, definitely not worth the price. GE products far surpass. I have had nothing but problems! Like everyone else you can't keep the ceramic top clean or free of blemishes if you try to polish it, it will permanently take the shine off. The oven is off by 25 degrees and had to be recalibrated - why do I need to play tech. Mind you, I live alone and barely cook the other day opened the door there was one screw missing on the hinge and all the rest were loose. Spent hours on the phone. They explained it was out of warranty so sad too bad! Who would ever think to check screws when you buy a $800 range. To top it off they couldn't be bothered to send me a simple screw. My suggestion is go to store, buy a oven thermometer, see what your oven is putting out then recalibrate your temp yourself, you will have much better luck if you have bought 1 of their LEMONS.

We bought this double range in 2014. On Jan of 2017 we were moving the range to have a new floor put in. When the floor was done we moved the range back to where it was and plugged it in. When we did this it blew the breaker. We then shut off the electric and checked the range. We could smell smoke from the back of the range. We took the back of the power cover off and found the black plastic clamp that holds the wire to the power cord let go and the wires hit the cover and shorted out the range. I was told that there was nothing that could be done. I feel this is a serious safety issue and it could cause serious problems or fire. Will not buy another.

I have had several stoves over my fifty-five years of marriage. The Samsung is the very best. It's a flat surface top that cleans very easy. The self clean oven works very well. It has a choice of regular oven or convection. I really like the convection oven. It cooks very well and evenly cooks every thing.

I bought the NE58K9500SG, slide in range in Nov., I would like to report a safety issue. The knobs on the front are too easy to turn. My husband and I are constantly turning the stove top on by accident with our body while reaching to the back burners or the cabinet above the stove or the microwave. We have young grandchildren in the house from time to time and I am worried about it. While we were hanging a backsplash the stove top came on and we weren't aware of it. I really don't know what to do about it and I'm trying to adapt to it. I love the range but I'm worried about the safety of it. I can't give this a higher rating because I feel it's just a matter of time before something worse happens. I have contacted Samsung support to let them be aware of the design flaws and I will update my review when or if I hear back from them.

I have had my appliances less than 3 years. The handle on the refrigerator and microwave both came off. The Samsung name logo came off on the stove. The instructions in the manual said "don't clean the logo. It may come off". Whoever heard of not cleaning your stove. Currently I need to replace a knob on the stove which will cost $38 + shipping to replace. This is a plastic knob. I have talked to customer no-service who had said since the stove was over a year old they could not replace it. I will never buy a Samsung product again. I have never had to replace a knob or handle on any of my previous appliances. Think hard and long before you buy a Samsung appliance.

I had my stove 2 years. Laid a lid on the top and it exploded. Samsung won't do anything about it. What a poor company. They don't stand behind their products. I've already had to replace microwave because it kept shorting out and they said it was just out of warranty. Never buy a Samsung.

I like the fact that that you can have two separate oven space with two different temperature settings or one large one. On top of the range are 5 burners & each one is a different size. The middle long burner is nice for a griddle. It would be nice if one of the smaller burners was up front. The large burner is a real power house & I seldom use it. When I do use it, the low setting is plenty & sometimes still too much. The oven door window is large enough to see in either top or bottom oven. The black top is hard to keep clean & with any stove the front knobs get splattered with grease but they come off for easier cleaning.

This has got to be the worse oven range I have ever had. It doesn't heat to the right temperature. Called service in and they replaced the circuit board to the stove and it still doesn't heat to the right temperature. The service guy says, "Well, that's all we can do." So I guess I out of luck. Not much use in calling Samsung because they just give you the runaround. NEVER going to buy another Samsung product in my life, EVER the worse. Don't buy their products.

I recently purchased a Samsung gas stove. When I received it the bottom interior panel was defective. There were lines in the finish. I used the oven three times and the finish started to peel off of the stove. I put in a warranty claim and the claim was found to be physical damage and not covered. I paid $3600 for this stove. The defect is not physical damage. Even if it was the finish should not be peeling and flaking off after three uses or not at all! Samsung refuses to send another technician out to document the damage properly. The first technician could not take a decent picture to show the defect or the peeling. I could have taken a better picture myself. I would like Samsung to come back out and properly document and resubmit the claim. Three oven uses and the finish is peeling off! I thought Samsung was a good name. Apparently it's not. The smell of the finish burning off the bottom panel cannot be good to be breathing in.

While baking at 375 degrees and standing in front of the oven I heard a loud pop, and then seen a lot of smoke coming out of the top rear behind the clock and program panel. From the smell, it was obviously an electrical fire. The circuit board and connectors burned up. Luckily I was close by and able to unplug the stove. Stove is completely inoperative and is only 6 1/2 years old. I never had any problems until now. I was able to unplug the stove so I do not know if the fire would have continued. Dangerous fire hazard. I wonder what would have happened if I was not home and my granddaughter decided to cook a pizza. Out of approx 40 comments I have read, three of them mentioned the same thing happening to them.

I purchased this about 16 months ago. Loved the ability to make it into 2 ovens. Unfortunately even though it's a self cleaning oven it got too hot when it cleaned the oven and fried the electronic board, so I paid 475.00 to fix a almost new stove. Sounds like over heating stoves and phones is a major problem for Samsung.

Dangerous and scalding to the touch (on the outside) on self-cleaning mode, melted my cupboards on both sides of the range. Of course Samsung will not acknowledge that there is a problem with this unit doing this. Leon's Furniture (where I bought it from) will not accept any responsibility either. They (Samsung) is now telling us that the consumer needs at least 3 inches on each side of the range for clearance (who in the heck would build an opening that huge for their range and it would also be aesthetically ugly) and how stupid would that look for a slide in range (the glass top would not sit on top of the counter then??). Then the next excuse is that you should pull your range out every time you self-clean... really?? (Not with my bad back!) Strange that in every distributor that sells this range such as Lowe's, Home Depot, Leon's that their display models do not have a huge 3 in gap on both sides of the range, can you say FALSE ADVERTISING!

Before I bought this monstrosity I had a Kenmore slide in range and never, EVER, did I have a "high heat/scalding to the touch" issue with it, it never caused damage to the surrounding cupboards either. Beware of this extremely dangerous product and most of all they (Samsung) will take your money but they surely don't care if they damage your newly remodeled kitchen. Warning... keep children and pets away from this dangerous product. I now see why they have so many complaints about phones, dryers and now stoves. At least stand behind your product if they damage a consumer's property!

Samsung induction electric range model #NE599N1PBSR - almost immediately this stove top was causing grief. Purchased in Spring 2014 before summer I had placed a call to Samsung to report the problems. I was appeased by the customer service person who declared it was my pots. I had purchased very expensive induction pots and the problem still persisted. I had induction pots as soon as I bought the appliance. I thought they might be inferior. It has continued for 2 years with no solution. Samsung has "no record" of my problem. Over a month ago Samsung's repair person came to investigate - has been 6 weeks, no callback, I have placed 3 subsequent calls, no callback.

I spoke with Samsung today... they have no record, and can't do a thing, they will NOT honor warranty even tho the first complaint was lodged before the expiry of the warranty - once again they have no record of that call. Shame on Samsung. Elements won't work, oven shots off, at best I can use 2 elements at one time. I bought 4 Samsung appliances that day and already had the dishwasher serviced also. Such a waste of money!

Purchased a stove and refrigerator in June. Have already had 5 service calls on the fridge due to an error code that keeps popping up. Last week I used the self cleaning feature on the stove. Once it ran through the cycle I noticed the control panel was not working and the stainless was brown. Called Samsung Galaxy who put me in touch with service quick. After I called and left a message and waited 2 days. Another week for the appointment. The service tech never called to confirm and I waited all day. He arrived and change gedanken out a part but the cosmetic damage was not repaired. He had to call Samsung to get approval. Now he has to come back for another service call. Horrible service department.

Samsung doesn't believe in customer satisfaction, they don't take responsibility of their faulty, defective products. Doesn't even bother to get it fixed even if it's a safety hazard. Bought a gas cooking range year ago, gas is leaking from somewhere inside the oven. They have a worst customer service. They want customer to spend money on repairs, seems like, they are making money from there as well.

We bought the Samsung double oven glass top electric range in January 2016 for a bargain basement price of $1719, plus tax. Because they discontinued basic black we had to get the black stainless. In November, while wiping the upper oven door with a damp cloth some of the black stainless finish peeled off. I called Samsung Customer Service, if you want to call it that. They asked me to send a picture of the damage. They got back to me and called it consumer wear. I said, no it's a defective finish.

We went back and forth and finally, on December 5th they called me back and said it's cosmetic and not covered. I said, the finish failed, and am I supposed to look at this for the next 8 years. They said I can get it fixed myself. In addition, the oven racks are so flimsy that when I had a 15 pound turkey in the oven the rack collapsed. Fortunately the other rack was right below and I was able to fix it. You have to remember to keep the pan in the center of the rack. Dealing with Samsung is worse than dealing with the VA. I will never buy another Samsung appliance. After reading the other reviews, I'm really looking forward to some of the other problems I can have.

Worst stove range, and worse part is that Samsung won't do anything, the grills are made out of cheap materials and Samsung knows but they try and make you believe that you don't know how to clean them, plus the grease bakes on the grill and won't clean.

Compare Ranges, Ovens, and Stoves