Wolf Cooking Appliances

Wolf Cooking Appliances

3.9/5 (247 ratings)

About Wolf Cooking Appliances

Wolf Cooking Appliances Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wolf Cooking Appliances?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wolf?

Original review: Jan. 19, 2022

We have a 36" Wolf gas Range (stove and oven) stand alone unit. We use the cooktop every day but use the oven about twice/week. The range is beautiful with the red knobs and the company smartly recessed the knobs beneath the front edge so that when grease spatters, it doesn't also spray on the knobs so less cleaning required of the knobs. We ordered this brand due to its reputation, looks and availability during the pandemic- just a 4-6 week lead time. The range is not cheap but if you love to cook, it's worth it. I mean, you use it every day and will for years. We can see why so many love it. The best part is that the burners each have a separate simmer range from high to low which really does work! And there is one small burner for using smaller pans.

We have found when recipes call for a slow simmer, you can see slow bubbles simmering versus high, faster bubbles. This is something that a can't be done on low heat. We don't tend to use the oven as much but have tested the temperature and it is working fine. As a gas range, it does not have a self-cleaning oven but we chose gas to sear food better. The side rails come out easily and the cavity is smooth when we do need to clean the oven. The quoted delivery from our local store was spot on during this crazy pandemic, and we are in a smaller California town. It's a US based company which is great to support as well.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2021

I love my Wolf range & oven. My Wolf microwave/convection oven has had to be repaired twice because the door wouldn’t open. The second time we had to call the dealer (within two weeks) the servicemen cracked the edges of the glass & I found 3 bolts on the floor after they left! When we continued to have the same issue with the door latch my husband put a double piece of gorilla tape on the inside of the door so now we just pull that to get the door opened! Wolf needs to educate their repair personnel better or make better door latch.

Get buying tips about Ranges, Ovens, and Stoves delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 14, 2021

Very well built, made of thick stainless steel that will last a lifetime. Wolf BBQ36BI's super heavy and gets extremely hot. Numerous burners give you flexibility in making it super hot for searing or just right for grilling. Also has the capability for a rotisserie but I don’t know who bothers doing that.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2021

I would much prefer the oven to run on gas instead of electric. It takes a long time to heat up. The stove top (6 burner) which runs on gas is a pleasure to cook on. The stove top also has a griddle that we use often to make fried eggs, bacon and pancakes.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2021

Love my Wolf range. Easy to keep clean. Heats up fast. Never had a problem in 6+ years. It replaced an old downdraft coil cooktop. I choose the wolf for its great recommendations and found an amazing deal on an open box return that had never been installed.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2022

Unacceptable customer service: one of my burners stopped working and I have now been waiting for over a year for a replacement. I have called so many times, first they blamed Brexit (part stuck in USA, I even offered to bring it myself from there), and now one year later the service manager told me that the company that makes one of the components has gone into liquidation. Not only this is concerning regarding their supply chain (supposed to be too range, price included!) but also how is this a valid excuse a year later? The service manager pretended to be surprised “How come you have not been contacted about this? I will sort it out TOMORROW”, weeks later still no news, another empty call right now. Please stay away from this company if you live in the UK - and Wolf/Subzero please get involved!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2022

4 year old e series oven…. Ran perfectly well till a week ago when the relay card and wiring harness stopped working. Replaced relay card twice, appears that it caught fire during this process and melted the wiring harness connectors and the card. Certified repair contractor was excellent. Oven still non-functional and Wolf cust service seems defensive rather than helpful. They need to consider the user more.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2021

We purchased a Wolf double oven in 2018 so we have it for about 3 years. The issues started almost immediately where within six months we had to have the motherboard replaced the first time. In 2020 we replaced the motherboard again after the oven would shut off every time the door was open. We discovered this on Thanksgiving and didn’t realize the oven was off for a good hour with the turkey still in it. It seems that if we try to cook anything at 400 or above the oven can’t handle it and shuts down. When checking the temperature of the oven against a thermometer it is about 30° off. The probe only lasted about a year. Now if we are using the top oven at a high temp it will shut off the bottom oven.

Cannot believe we haven’t even been able to get three years of use out of this very expensive oven. Wish we never purchased. Also have a wolf range and many times the burners won’t even turn on without having to use a lighter. We also purchased a Subzero fridge. Also less than three years we’ve had to have the icemaker replaced and the fan replaced.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

I’ve had over experience with Viking and Wolf stoves. Wolf is by far the winner! After about 10 years the Viking gas oven started making loud noises as if the gas was rushing out. It was frightening and I’d have to turn it off then back on to get it to stop. It would also burn cookies on one side of a cookie sheets and not get them done the others. A Viking familiar repairman said it was a common problem for Viking. In contrast, the Wolf remains almost like new over a similar time period and provides more even cooking.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2021

We spent thousands of dollars to purchase supposedly top of the line Wolf double oven and within few usage the large oven blew. So we contacted mechanic to fix the oven and it took over a month to get the tech. This supposed tech shows up with very limited knowledge and ordered a wrong part. I asked him if wolf breaks a lot. He said it seems to be happening more and more. Now they are telling us to reschedule. I would not buy these products ever again. Buggiest mistake ever.

Wolf author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Wolf Sub Zero was founded in 1945 as the Sub Zero Freezer Company. The company began producing cooking appliances in 2000, after acquiring the Wolf Range Corporation and its manufacturing facilities.

• Built-in expertise: Wolf was a pioneer of built-in appliances and maintains that reputation with its cooking units.

• Extensive warranties: Wolf offers one of the most extensive warranty programs in the industry for its cooking appliances.

• Online support: Wolf's online support center contains a wide range of support options for everything from product information to scheduling in-home visits.

• Flexible installation options: Wolf's extensive array of choices for free standing units gives buyers many options for designing kitchen layouts.

• Gas specialty: Wolf's long history in gas cooking makes it a specialist in gas fuel cooking appliances.

Wolf Cooking Appliances Company Information