Wolf Cooking Appliances

Compare Ranges, Ovens, and Stoves

Research top Ranges, Ovens, and Stoves recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

All our kitchen with Wolf appliances for 5 years, so many issues, very cheap, plastic material. The worst is the oven, many changes of sensors motherboard, thousand $$$$ more lost. This brand is not a PROFESSIONAL one, a true shame.

I have 5 sub zero/wolf appliances some of which I have had for over 20 years. They are the best! I have found Wolf to be a great company and very supportive. After years of owning my subzero refrigerator I did not realize how fresh it kept my food as it had just became a norm. At my lake home because of expense we did not get a subzero refrigerator/freezer. What a mistake! When I asked my husband what he would have changed in our major remodeling project, his response was to get the subzero refrigerator/freezer. Nothing Better then Subzero/Wolf.

Very big mistake. A big blunder. I bought the highest brand and a big crap. Impossible to clean and coating already coming off. Stove is just 2 months old. I would never recommend to anyone. Waste of money.

I own a LP Gas and electric oven Wolf Range. It was delivered broken (the elements broke during shipping) I've had 9 or 10 repairs on it. It started a fire during a cleaning cycle. I replaced the entire oven cavity, all of the elements and fans. Now it's broken again. It is the WORST appliance I've ever owned. Spare yourself the headache and the $10,000. You cannot get parts to fix it yourself, you have to pay HUGE amounts for a Wolf appliance repair.

Wolf 48 Inch Range with griddle - Sorry folks! I absolutely love my range. Wouldn't trade it for anything else. I had a very small problem with it when it was under warranty and repairman fixed it without any complaint. Love the griddle for cooking for large groups. Love the simmer and the list could go on and on. I've had it for 6 years!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wolf?

I purchased a Wolf 48-inch free standing gas/electric oven SS# 16003876, Model # DF484F back in 2006. Nothing but problems and expensive repairs. Multiple motherboard replacements, solenoids, switches, etc. Now the one of two ovens don't work at all and the other oven will shut down if you try to lower temperature after reaching set temperature. To add insult to injury it is a task to find competent service providers... haven't found one yet. STAY CLEAR OF WOLF OVENS. For me, I think I'll just purchase a common brand for under $1,000 rather than the $17,000.00 retail price for my WOLF. Oh yes, Wolf did offer to replace my unit, but they wanted $3,000 plus I would have to pay for shipping and installation. Another $5,000 on top of the $15, 000 I paid... What would you do?

I purchased Sub-Zero and Wolf appliances approx. one year ago for my lake home. I have had three issues with my griddle on my gas cook top. Each time the service provider claiming it was repaired after the visit. And it was for a short term but then shortly after failed again. The last time I called was January 29th, 2016. The service provider came three times for this particular issue. The last time they left they said it was fixed, "We took video". It was not. So I call Wolf and complain. They in turn now send a different service company to double check the first service company.

Today is May 17, 2016 and the griddle is yet to be repaired. I did get a call today stating they were going up to put in the new part. This is the same part that the last guy put in. Yet he thinks this is the issue. Would you not think that maybe it was something upstream making this part fail? Now this part will fail again and I will be waiting for yet another directive for correcting the problems. Paying $25,000 for kitchen appliances and to have a service and response to a issue like this, I have no idea how they are in business. This is horrible and in my world unacceptable. I am updating my kitchen at my first home and I will be staying as far away from Sub-Zero/Wolf as I can get.

Cannot register a toaster online. While the model number is listed on the toaster there is No Series number. Therefore, the system will not take an empty field. I called them and they can provide no solution.

My wife and I needed a new toaster and had very specific requirements. When we saw the Wolf unit we were convinced that it would address our needs. What a disappointment!! If you like your toast dark, forget it. You'll have to run it through twice. And yes, it handles the thicker artisan breads, but totally fails in the other direction, i.e. thin slices. These are two issues that are easily handled by your everyday toaster available from Walmart at a quarter of the price. But hey, my problem. I guess I could have tested and returned, versus trusted the Wolf brand.

We recently purchased a Wolf Cooktop and Downdraft hood vent. When we purchased the two items we were very clear that they had to match because our existing did not. The showroom didn't have them both for us to see so we took their professional opinion on them "matching", they don't. It's ridiculous that items that sit next to each other, touching, on the counter top not have the same stainless steel finish. So, if you are buying the Wolf Downdraft and cooktop be aware that they are not the same finish and that the cooktop scratches extremely easy. We had the top in for 1 day and had scratches in the SS from wiping clean with a dish cloth. Never would have guessed that we spend a lot of money to get nice cooking equipment and end up with mismatching and low quality.

Oven is very hard to use and very slow to temp. We have our oven under a cabinet (my fault) so it is very hard to read and set the digital display. The broiler is VERY slow to come on requiring kneeling down and looking in to see if it is hot yet. Most broilers are virtually instant on. The oven takes longer to reach temperature than any oven I have used. The trays/racks are very complicated and are to be removed before self-cleaning! That means you have a ton of work to clean the racks separately and reinstall them. Very stupid for the average consumer. We just leave them in and take our chances. Truly regret paying such a premium for an oven I do not like.

Had my Wolf dual fuel range and oven for a little over three years. A couple of weeks ago I was baking banana bread when I could smell burning all over the house. Came into the kitchen and the oven was filled with blue smoke and there was a large (7-8") black circle in the bottom of the oven. Thinking it was burning up I called Wolf who authorized a service call. Before the serviceman came out he told me it was probably the heating element under the oven. 10 days later he finally made it out. Pulled the heating element and told me it was just fine. He wanted to clean off the bottom of the oven and in the process used his pocket knife on it. When I objected, he informed me it was porcelain and would not scratch. I now have a scratched oven floor. Wolf finally agreed to replace the interior of the oven but want to used the same "repairman" if that is what you can call him to do it.

They are telling me that the only thing that could have caused the problem was food that spilled in the oven. My oven looked like new before this happened. Not only that but I am a vegetarian. I do not broil or cook meat in my oven. There is nothing I have cooked since I have owned the oven to have caused this problem. Before I cooked the banana bread, I cooked two batches of cornbread at 400 degrees on two different occasions which the repairman conceded could not have cause the problem. Not only that but if I had spilled something in my oven, it would have started smelling and burning right away. My grates look like new. There is nothing on them nor are there any splatters on the sides of the oven. When the condescending repairman said he understood that accidents do happen, I wanted to punch him.

Yes, they will replace the interior because of the scratches but I am afraid to use the oven. Knowing that I did nothing to cause this to happen I worry that using the oven will cause a fire. I can't believe this is the first time they have heard of a problem like this and the insinuation that I am lying makes me very angry. The repairman even asked to see my broiler pan which I had to get down from the cabinet above my sub zero using a ladder. It of course is brand new. I would not buy a Wolf again.

I am currently working with the distributor where I purchased the range and also working with Wolf tech support. The condensation on my cream tile backsplash during preheat will soak a paper towel and is now turning the tile dark brown. I am being - I should expect this and that the tile will be black within a year. My biggest concern is the back of the range rusting out over time. The distributor is trying to help but claims they've never heard of such a thing. One tech rep told me I should have been warned about using cream tile as the backsplash. Funny that's what is in the showroom and brochures, etc. Very frustrating customer no service.

Wolf 36" Duel Fuel Range/Oven - In using my oven for the first time, I preheated it to 375 degrees. Around the 330 degree mark, the interior glass on the oven door shattered. I called my sales person and they in turn called the Wolf service person. 4 hours later, I had still not received a return phone call. I called the service person myself and was told it could be fixed on Wednesday (it's Friday). Brand new & not receiving any quality customer service. Wondering why I spent so much on a product that doesn't care about the customer.

It still leaks. They said the wolf company would have to fix it.

Wolf mdl. GR304 30" range - 3 service calls in 1-1/2 yrs. and we hardly ever use it. Nice looking but unreliable and has let us down. Circuit Board, top burner ignitor, gas valve and now oven gas but no ignition. Serviced through warranty but it's a hassle. Needs service again (4th). Is this a lemon or their S.O.P.

I recently bought a 30" Wolf range top with oven. It was delivered 3 weeks late. I had bought my first Wolf in 2004 and had been really happy with it. However when I sold my home I decided to get what I thought was the same model minus the dual fuel. Well not only did it not have dual fuel but it also did not have Self Clean, a temperature gauge, or a timer. In short this is about the most OVERPriced, basic stove I can imagine having. Looks good though. Pumpkin pie took an hour and ten minutes so I also think the thermostat is low.

Wolf stove 366-lp - Purchased and installed in new home 2011. All was OK until Oct, bottom of oven rusted and enamel flaked off while in normal use. Called Wolf, they said, "Sorry, we'll send new bottom under warranty." Great! I also opted to replace it myself saving Wolf a service call. Received new panel, and upon inspection, observed the underside with defective paint and distinctive fingerprints in the paint. Called Wolf, woman apologized, said, "This did NOT reflect well on wolf." Said another oven bottom would be sent and requested a photo for quality control, I complied.

New panel arrived, I inspected, same only even worse set of finger prints and lack of paint coverage. Called again, took photo of both, sent to wolf and they said, "OK, we'll send another panel from a different warehouse." Also, NOW suggested that because the defects were on the bottom of the panel it would be OK. Panel just arrived today. Yep, you guessed it, also defective paint and fingerprints in the paint. Wolf's quality control is in the toilet!

IMHO - Wolf knows this panel is manufactured with defects and if installed by a service tech, one could basically hide the defect, install the oven bottom, and no one would be the wiser. When, and it will, rust through and the enamel flakes off after the warranty is up, you will have to pay big money for a replacement. No more Wolf for me.

Updated on 11/14/2016: After new oven bottom replaced, (The bottom that warped and the enamel splintered off), Oct-2016 the same thing happened, the oven floor warped and the enamel splintered off. Now out of warranty I'm on my own. Wolf oven floor parts are JUNK, and with the possibility of fine porcelain splinters entering food, a DANGER to the owner. Instead of buying an OVERPRICED wolf part, decided to contact local Co and have exact part made out of stainless. BEST thing I could have done...Part was perfect, easy to clean, and was indestructible. Stainless part slightly discolored, but otherwise worked perfectly. (N. Wi.--715-453-9128) :).. Also had to replace oven igniter twice-used cheap aftermarket parts--but easy to replace and @ $25, not wolf's $230!

Have R 366-LP (36 inch) and stove is NOW working well, have spare igniter on hand, Oven works better than ever, (Maybe the thick stainless bottom?) So major wolf defect repaired. (What next?) Note: Portable welding & Repair LLC, 715-453-9128. Excellent duplicate of oven floor in heavy stainless. Recommend them! (Less expensive than wolf part!) Call for info!

We put a Wolf gas cooktop and a Wolf double wall oven in the home we built 10 years ago. We loved the cook top and it worked well. The only problem we ever had with the cooktop was one of the back burners would need a little tweaking to get it to light up. The ovens worked great and it was really nice to have two to work with. My only complaint with the oven was the amount of air that would blow out of it while it was on. Other than that it worked great and we never needed any repairs on either appliance in 10 years.

These ovens have a bug in their electronics. Wolf refuses to fix them but sends out a technician who just gets it going again temporarily. If this had been a car, there would have been a recall. Wolf should take responsibility for their malfunctioning equipment, but they don't. This is the 2nd Thanksgiving dinner this oven has ruined by locking and refusing to unlock no matter how many times I shut off the electrical circuit breaker. I shouldn't have to suffer this problem more than once. But it happens all the time! DON'T BUY WOLF Appliances!

We had a Wolf gas 5-burner cooktop installed last week. Functionality is fine. However it is WAY too delicate. Already there is a scratch on the stainless. The cooktop has been barely used. Unlike other gas ranges I've used, the burners don't come apart for cleaning. Thus, with surgical care, one must try to clean them in place. Good luck with that. Anything strong enough to clean the burner assembly is too strong for the stainless. The pilot is exposed so it's inevitable that a cleaning solution gets on it, creating clicking when you turn on the burner. This is all very discouraging.

I am very disappointed in the quality and reliability of the 3 Wolf products that I purchased. Below is the list of products installed at my home. I purchased the more expensive Wolf products on the premise that they were extremely durable, had impeccable quality and rarely break. Well, after yet ANOTHER required repair (i.e. My oven required a new relay board, which was a $ 221.50 out-of-pocket repair expense for me) that I won't be recommending Wolf to my friends & family.

In hindsight, I feel I should have gone with another, less-costly, appliance vendor because the quality really isn't that much different. My family & I take very good care of all 3 products, & unfortunately, all 3 appliances have had multiple required repairs: (1) 30" E Series Single Oven. Installed August 29, 2012 by Romer Construction, purchased from Grand Appliance. 3 required repairs, since purchase. (2) 24" Convection Microwave Oven. Originally installed August 29, 2012 by Romer Construction, purchased from Grand Appliance. 2 required repairs, since purchase & then defective microwave was replaced and installed, December 05, 2013. (3) Wolf cooktop. Installed August 29, 2012 by Romer Construction, purchased from Grand Appliance. 1 required repair, since purchase.

I've read a bunch of negative reviews here regarding Wolf products. I'm not here to complain, but rather came across this as I was looking for instructions for replacing one of my burner igniters. I actually have very LITTLE to complain about. I did an extensive remodel of my kitchen in 2006, and part of it was a new range. I purchased the 2007 model of the Dual-Fuel 48" Ranger, with 4 burners, the char-broiler, and the griddle. The ONLY complaint that has been raised until NOW has been the pain it is to clean the burner pans. And, it IS a bit of a pain. The black enamel gets dirty very quickly, and even a little splash of water looks like hell if it's allowed to dry.

I'm currently having an issue with one of the igniters. It intermittently refuses to activate when I turn the burner on. My intention is to purchase a new igniter and install it myself, providing that it doesn't require TOO much disassembly. Otherwise, I'll probably go ahead and have it done by my dealer. Other than these 2 minor inconveniences, I don't have anything bad to say about the product.

The 3 large burners have plenty of headroom, and the small simmer burner also is outstanding on high, and on the lowest setting will melt chocolate without constant attention to prevent burning. I love the option of the char-broiler during inclement weather that precludes the option of using my Big Green Egg to grill during the winter months. And the griddle is also outstanding, both for doing hot sandwiches and sliders, plus various breakfast foods. Both of the electric convection ovens perform flawlessly, and have been spot-on regarding temperature since I purchased the unit. The ONLY thing that I would have done differently would have been to install the 60" model. It would have been nice to have had 2 full sized ovens, but I simply didn't have the available real estate. All in all, I would DEFINITELY purchase this brand again, given my personal experience.

We bought a Wolf 5 spot induction stove top. We only had it for 2 months before things started going bad. We got an error signal E09 that came up and the stove top started beeping. We discovered that 2 parts of the 5 cooking spots stopped working. We called the Wolf hotline for help. They were good about providing guidance as to how to reset it. But couldn't tell us why they wouldn't work and said if the corrective action didn't work call back and they would look into a authorized repair shop for us. We ended up calling back due to the same problem, so they found us a repair shop. It turned out that the repairman was undecided as to whether he would travel the 25 miles to come fix out stove. We called Wolf company and let them know about it.

They called back 4 days later and said he would come out to our place to look at it. The repairman never came and told us after we called him that he was waiting on Wolf to let him know what parts he should bring with him to fix out stove. I called Wolf again and told them the situation. They said they talked to the repairman already and that he knows. I called the repairman and he said he never talked to Wolf about our stove and would try them again. 1 month has gone by and no repairman. I called Wolf and said "if we can't get it repaired then send us a new stove top." I got no positive answer, just a lot of run around. It appears Wolf doesn't stand by their product or has enough service repair places they can depend on to fix their products. Before you buy check with local area repair shops to inquire about repairing Wolf products. We are very unsatisfied with their handling of our situation.

When I turn on my broiler, it builds up gas in there for probably more than 3 minutes, then KABOOM! The oven door flies open and flames come out. I've had the igniter changed at least 6 times since 2002. Also, while the broiler is on or the oven is on, the top burners don't get enough gas to work. This was supposed to be the "top of the line". As far as I'm concerned, they can keep it. It is also a dirt and grime catcher and there is no self cleaning option. I would never buy another one.

I purchased a WOLF DF 304 oven in March 2011. I've had no problems with the oven until the last time I used the self-cleaning feature in early December 2014. During that cleaning process, the porcelain chipped on the floor of the oven exposing bare metal.

Wish I did more research on the Wolf Dual Gas/Electric. We bought the 6 Burner with Griddle as I cook for a big family weekly. I find that when heating my pot and placing i.e. ground beef, the center of the pot is never hot enough and the sides always burn. It seems like the temperature drops significantly and so it takes forever to cook anything. Already had to replace the element on the oven as the coils had 'exploded' only the tech found out when he realized my 'Roast' light wasn't lighting up. That left a burn mark on the interior Blue enamel. (Not covered by the warranty) Also whenever I use the oven and it is cooling down a loud bang sound is heard. The tech said I had to use the cleaning cycle a few times to 'Mold' the oven. WTH? Nothing but disappointment with this Range. I think I should have gone induction!

Built a new home in 2008. Decided to go with the Wolf double wall oven D0302FS. Within the first year was replaced due to "oil canning" and the blue porcelain coating was cracking. Approximately a year later did a self-clean and the blue porcelain coating was disappearing. After weeks of waiting Wolf offered to replace wall ovens for $1400.00. I was not happy. Wolf asked me to see if Baron's Appliances would help out so I did. After weeks of trying to get an answer from Baron's, the manager at Baron’s told me they would do nothing to help and actually wanted $400.00 to install the new Wolf ovens. Needless to say I will not be buying Wolf appliances as well as dealing with Baron's Appliances again. To top it all off there is only my wife and I at home so the oven hardly gets used.

November 30th, 2010 we purchased a Wolf Range Model DF366. This thanksgiving we turned on the self-cleaning mode after we roasted our thanksgiving meal. Upon inspection of the oven floor there was left a dull marring on the oven floor. Obviously the integrity of the porcelain has been damaged by the high heat of the self cleaning mode as well as crazing of the blue porcelain oven floor where the heating elements are underneath. In researching on the Internet, we are now aware that Wolf has had multiple problems with their blue porcelain oven surfaces crazing, flaking, and peeling. The problems are all over the Internet. Problems with both the ranges and wall oven units. I also believe that the company knew of this problem previous to our purchase, and were still selling their product at the tune of 7,919.00 per range. I have started a paper trail with a certified letter to the CEO of Sub Zero Wolf, and if no satisfaction is received I will start a Class Action lawsuit on behalf of all those that have been ripped off! Buyer BEWARE!

We built a custom home 10 years ago and decided to purchase the best quality appliances. We installed a Wolf gas cooktop/range with griddle, Wolf electric double ovens, and a Subzero refrigerator. The salesperson said they were commercial quality and we would never have problems with them. The gas cooktop has worked well although it is difficult to clean.

However, the double ovens have been a constant pain. We have had certified technicians out to repair them multiple times, both in and out of warranty. The issue is they are very slow to preheat and the temperature fluctuates wildly. I first used an IR temperature gun to measure the temp and it was seriously off. We also purchased an in oven thermometer to monitor the temp without opening the doors. Not only does the temperature vary with time, it varies with location within the oven. They replaced the temperature sensor multiple times and even the heating element, but the problem still remains.

On top of these issues, the door on the top oven no longer closes tightly. In order to cook in these ovens, we have to use the bottom oven and wait 20 min for it to preheat. From experience, we set the initial temperature 50 degrees higher than what the recipe specifies and then adjust it up or down every five minutes in order to maintain some degree of temperature control. I do not recommend Wolf ovens to anyone. They are very expensive to purchase and very unreliable.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Wolf Sub Zero was founded in 1945 as the Sub Zero Freezer Company. The company began producing cooking appliances in 2000, after acquiring the Wolf Range Corporation and its manufacturing facilities.

• Built-in expertise: Wolf was a pioneer of built-in appliances and maintains that reputation with its cooking units.
  • Extensive warranties: Wolf offers one of the most extensive warranty programs in the industry for its cooking appliances.
  • Online support: Wolf's online support center contains a wide range of support options for everything from product information to scheduling in-home visits.
  • Flexible installation options: Wolf's extensive array of choices for free standing units gives buyers many options for designing kitchen layouts.
  • Gas specialty: Wolf's long history in gas cooking makes it a specialist in gas fuel cooking appliances.
  • Best for Users cooking for one and users cooking for families.

Compare Ranges, Ovens, and Stoves