GE Ranges
2.24/5
  • 1 star
Based on 64 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

GE Ranges

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Jan. 10, 2018

463 GE Ranges Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

Recently I got a new GE gas range through American Home Shield. Problem: The gas burners turn on with the slightest movement. Several times I have smelled gas and found the burner was on. Today it was two burners. This stove is dangerous. Model#JGB635DEK1WWW. Serial #TH202917P.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

Oven takes forever to reach temps and will not hold the temp scheduled within 30-40 degrees. Control panel was replaced initially but solved nothing. My daughter's cheap Whirlpool range in a rental works much better than this GE. Very poor quality. Substandard for a major company.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

Our new GE Adora range has a convection oven. The convection fan "short-cycles" constantly and the oven does not bake evenly. When I contacted GE about this they told me that it was normal operation. However, they said that they could send out a technician to look at it for $125 if he found nothing wrong. I'm in the process of modifying the controls so the convection fan will run continuously like it should. Every other convection oven I have owned or used had the fan running constantly and yielded even baking results throughout the oven cavity. This GE does NOT do that. Fortunately, I am a trained instrument technician and can make this work so I haven't lost $1,000 on this range.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

Bought this GE Cafe Dual Fuel C2S980SEM4SS premium range about 8 years ago. I do like the gas for cooktop and electric for baking. Best of both worlds. Problem is, I've just replaced the main control panel for the second time. First lasted 6 years, second lasted 2 years. Cost of repair using GE authorized service is about $500! So I did it myself the 2nd time. With both failures the panel goes into LOC mode (during cooking) and will not unlock. So it appears to me that there might be a design defect in the control panel. Not a heavily used appliance, but if it fails again it's gone.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2017

Although our family had not had good luck with GE appliances, when I saw the gas range at a local furniture and appliance store, I thought, surely this will be great! And it was, up until shortly after the one year warranty expires, it quit baking. A repairman has out a new igniter in it, stating that the original was going bad. Well, it's Christmas Eve, and the oven once again will not work: we've had it 1.5 years now. Absolutely, no. More. GE appliances!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GE Washing Machines?

Original review: Dec. 16, 2017

Builder (Hovnanian) put the bottom of the line GE appliances in this house. Though the oven is the WORST nothing good to say about the others as well. Oven failed within 3 weeks of move in. Had to wait 2 weeks for service. Now 3 months later burners failed (clicks incessantly so have to keep turning it off at breaker) and now they can't come for 2 weeks and it is Christmas. Must be a thing with holidays as first was Memorial Day and now Christmas. Thermostat has never worked in the oven and now you have to constantly monitor temp with manual thermometer to keep things cooking somewhat evenly. PIECE OF CRAP. Will never buy another GE product again.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

This is the worst oven anyone can purchase and GE is not an honorable company in either their Quality Control or fixing their products. Within 3 months of getting this brand new stove (GE Appliances JB860SJSS 6.6 cu. ft.) it failed. The service technicians came out twice and couldn't fix it, and GE still wouldn't replace it. They would prefer to keep trying to fix it even though each time. It was weeks and we had no oven. This was over Thanksgiving and Christmas. Don't buy this product or better yet don't buy any GE product until they show they care about the customer.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

I thought two burners small and large would be good. But still takes too long to heat up small burners to boil. I also don't like having to set oven to temp then to hit start. If you hit the wrong temp you have to start all over again. Also hit to turn off instead of just turning dial. Time consuming in my eyes. But it looks nice and so far is even temps.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

Last fall, we updated our kitchen counters to quartz, and the Jenn-Air to a GE induction cooktop. While it is indeed pricey, the joy of cooking is not overstated here. The quick heat up, the ease of controlling the heat more precisely, and the easy clean up makes this unit well worth it. I love it!

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

GE Profile gas slide in range with two small double ovens. On November 10, 2017, the top oven inner glass exploded about 2 hours into the cleaning cycle. The top oven door has triple pane glass and it was the center or middle pane that exploded and shattered. This has to be a manufacture defect? It's the oddest thing I have seen. How and why does this happen? Our oven is a little over a year old.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

Wonderful range but the self cleaning feature is not that thorough. It is not as easy to clean this range as others. It does cook evenly as does the oven bake at the correct temperature.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

I bought a GE Cafe Series Range in August. I had it installed in September, and it didn't work the first time I tried to use it. A letter and number F96 kept coming up. GE sent out someone to repair it, he felt he had fixed it. Well F96 started coming up again! They sent out another repair person, and he replaced more parts! He thought it was fixed and the F96 came up again!

We are now into November, and it was fixed last Friday and after they left the F96 came up again. GE said they are sending out another repair person to replace the new parts again that they just replaced! I have been without an oven since September, it is now November 7th and GE wants us to wait another 5 days for a repairman to come out to put in the same parts one more time.

These parts are to be sent to us and we hope they come in time for the repairman. It is now possible if they come out this week and repair the same repair the third time that we will have to wait until GE decides what to do again and run the risk of not having an oven for Thanksgiving! Bottom line, our oven doesn't work, it takes weeks to get repair people out, weeks to get parts and we want a new oven asap. When we called yesterday, we weren't permitted to speak with our caseworker because she was going to call us the next day and of course she never called us. So disappointed with GE. Will never buy another product from GE.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

GE Adora JG8720EEJIES - Range does not have a light switch on the outside. Without a light we can’t see inside the oven, unless we open the door. We have been using a flashlight to check on our baking. Definitely an engineering flaw.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

I love my induction range! My husband surprised me with it as a gift. At first I wasn't happy because of the price but as soon as we used it I fell in LOVE with it. Instant on when you turn it on.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

Do not buy a GE Stove, or any product for that matter because you will be locked into dealing with their service/customer service/repair parts departments. After a week of going back and forth all I would get is "did you buy the part from us". I bought it online from Amazon, and nearly half the price, but there is a catch. The NEW replacement part (WB27K10147) has less touch pads built into it and does not require the ribbon wire to the front touchpad membrane. GE charges more because they include it, something I was told from a reliable source. If they would have told me that in the beginning I wouldn't have wasted all the time calling and emailing these unpleasant people would only say "the part has been designed by our engineers to be a direct replacement".

That's great, but a little, just a little help would have gone a long way, and I would have gladly bought their part. I returned it to Amazon and bought a Samsung to ensure that it was not made by them. (ie Frigidaire, Whirlpool or Maytag). This was the worst customer service I have ever gotten in my life, the people at the other online parts stores said their part was the same and I shouldn't buy it, but they would look into it, which they did too, and got back to me... But I got nothing from GE?!?!

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

This is an exceptional range and with the exception of the oven being about 25 degrees off, it is great. It is reliable, long lasting and works without a problem.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

I bought a GE Adora stove in black a few years ago since the one I had for 15 years was really outdated. Got a package deal with replacing 3 old appliances at HH Gregg. The oven part works fine but the burners are terrible if you really want precise cooking on the stove top. They heat up to boiling even on low to moderate heat and you just have to guess at where to set the heat level to not burn or boil things over. Really disappointing. Must be a sensor defect. I will not be buying GE products again. They are really poor.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2017

First of the reason for the review is because of the strange failure of the range. As far as the features, looks and quality of cooking I don't think I could ask for a better range. But a range is only good if it works. For the first eight months there were zero issues until one day it just stopped. The stove top clicks to let you know the pot was magnetically sealed to the cook top and start heating. That feature would not come on and the stove to would turn itself off. The oven pre-heat would do the same, you could hear the fan start, but after a few seconds it again would turn off. GE service is a bunch of loosely contracted appliance repair guys. The 1st who showed up, did not even want to touch the unit until parts arrived, that took a week. The 2nd guy installed the parts the 1st guy had ordered and the unit still did not work.

Another week and parts shipped in and after the last part in the middle of the stove top was replaced, the unit finally worked. The tech literally had to take apart the stove to get to where the circuit board was supposed to go. After a month without a stove we were good. So we thought. That was July 28-Aug 28 on the first go, now it is October 21 and the earliest appointment is October 24th. GE contracts their service out now, you will not know the quality of the tech, and worse as both tech's shared with me, is the failure of GE to even provide specification information to them about the equipment they are to repair. Lots of room for improvement GE.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

DO NOT PURCHASE! I recently purchased a GE Café microwave and range. The range arrived and the quality was awful. The front part with the knobs was not aligned to the rest of the range and it was sharp on the corners. This was replaced with another delivery of a new one which came with the same issue so had to return it. Tried a 3rd time and the electric glass top was not sealed to the rest of the range. I contacted GE about the quality issues and the customer care center said not their problem if something was wrong at the warehouse. This has been so frustrating especially since I now am stuck with an expensive range that is defective in my house to match my microwave.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

Purchased my complete line of GE Cafe products. Worst mistake ever. Gas stove leaking gas from installation found out by accident FDNY and National Grid shut down my gas service. From there all downhill. I have had my refrigerator repaired several times and my oven will not cook a meal. Doesn't get hot enough. Over 8 attempts to repair. Still no fix and GE customer service is the worst. Do yourself a favor and look elsewhere for a product.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

Airing my house out for the 3rd time after accidentally bumping the knob on my gas range, when reaching to use the microwave oven which is mounted above my range. I've brushed against the knob on the range turning it, slightly not enough to ignite the flame but enough to allow the gas to release. The knob wasn't turned enough to start the clicking that signals it's preparing to ignite, which makes me unaware that gas is leaking. I called GE and their response to the complaint was they would send out a repairman to assess the problem at no cost. But if a repair or replace parts were needed, GE would give me a discount on purchasing new replacement knobs or parts and I would have to pay to have the repairs done.

This just doesn't seem to be the way a responsible company should handle a major safety problem. I assumed GE would send out someone to assess the problem and, if it was their poor design or workmanship GE would cover the cost to repair. I don't understand how this is my fault. I have seen online where others have had this same complaint with GE ranges. I have now removed the knobs and only replace when in use. Please be aware and protect yourself from this possible danger. Never, Ever, will I buy GE products again!

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

Glass top range - Model # J B705T T2WW, Serial # FA2 66478Q - I have had the service man here to see why the oven temperature does not stay at the set temperature. He has replaced the control panel 3 times and it still does not work. I have ruined several loaves of my 'famous' rye bread as done on the outside but not in the inside. Yesterday I was canning tomato juice, heating the jars in the oven at 215 degrees. I expected it to stay at that temp but when I checked it, it was down to 185 degrees. Thus one of the jars broke when filled with the hot juice. What can we or the repairman do? P.S. One day I went to the church to use their oven so my baked goods would come out okay. We purchased this at Seiler's in Pocahontas, Iowa. We have taken out extended warranty but now really expect the range to be replaced.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2017

Garbage, Garbage, Garbage. We purchased a full kitchen package of GE Profile appliances First: The FIRST time we plugged in the range an error message appeared. A new part was ordered, installed and the same error message appeared. GE sent me a new Range. One month later we tried to use the self clean and again an error message this time, shutting down the entire operation of the range and elements. Strike three! Second: We then discovered the Profile GE refrigerator had NO insulation on the Freezer side and thus we had major condensation on the walls of the refrigerator and cupboard wall.

GE replaced it only to have IT show an error message the first time it was plugged in. Strike four. Even the microwave is questionable due to its poor air suction. However on a good note the Dishwasher is very quiet and does a great job SO FAR! Two ranges and two refrigerators in the first month. I would NOT recommend their product to anyone

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

It's not an impressive range, but it works well as one can expect from a mid-quality range. The major con is that although the dimensions match other brands, this GE model has a shallow cover and the newer cookie sheets do not fit unless they are turned sideways, which means uneven baking. I would suggest checking the interior dimensions of the oven before purchasing.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2017

GE propane range leaked propane regardless of adjustments. Caused former resident owner to develop COPD and die. NACOG USDA provided the range new to her in 2010. I removed it 2016 due to health and safety issues. The carbon monoxide detector went off. The toxic smell and adverse health reactions overwhelming. GE refrigerator needs replacing, multiple safety issues purchased from Sears. Never purchasing GE products again. Buyer beware; could kill you too.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2017

I love the GE. I bought a GE dual fuel range about 3 years ago when my 6 yr old Frigidaire stove caught fire. Always wanted to cook with gas but have electric oven and broiler. It's also easy to clean the cooktop unlike older gas stoves. Love the big fast boiler eye.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

GE Profile Range in SS & black glass electric cooktop w/ Double oven. Have had 0 problems since purchased 5+ years ago but other GE profile appliances have not performed so well i.e. fridge, microwave.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

This range is great. The only complaint (not a big one) is that the temperature of the oven is about 15 degrees off. But other than that, this range performs very well.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

The paint on GE products (have microwave and range) is poor, as it chips easily. There are stains on the glass in the oven door which cannot be removed. Think they are inside the door glass. But finish cleans easily and looks good. The oven temperature is very accurate. Would like a better way of cleaning than turning up the heat so very high though. They also have different sizes for smooth-top cooking, but would prefer if they were all the same size. One gets used all the time and the others hardly at all. For $700 would have expected superb performance in every respect, but design and paint quality, as well as glass stains should not have occurred.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2017

When we bought our house it came with gas stove and other appliances but our stove is not level and will not cook at a high boil on any of the burners. The oven smells when it first starts to preheat. We have had repairmen to check them out and the first one said it should be replaced. But the manager says no. It is still under warranty but they will not replace the stove. Please help us with this.

GE Washing Machines expert review by ConsumerAffairs

GE has been in business for more than 100 years and is one of the most recognized names in American manufacturing. It introduced one of the first mass-market electric stovetops in 1928: the Calrod Electric Range.

• Flexible choices: GE offers a variety of product lines designed specifically for small homes, large homes or businesses.

• Robust warranties: GE offers extensive warranties on all of its products, usually with the inclusion of home visits from maintenance personnel.

• GE Fits! Guarantee: GE guarantees that it can find a cooking appliance that will perfectly match the existing dimensions of a client's old appliance.

• Extensive special features: GE includes a variety of special features for select models, ranging from advanced software to the latest in induction technology and more.

• Made in America: GE guarantees that most of its appliances are designed and manufactured in the United States, and provides information outlining what percentage of an appliance's components were made in the U.S.

• Best for: Users cooking for one, users cooking for families and users cooking for businesses.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs

www.ge.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use