Save on Appliance Repairs

Save on Appliance Repairs

With the Best Home Warranty

Compare Quotes

507 GE Ranges Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 13, 2019

I am a new owner of the range above. Only 1 month old. Never worked from day one. Had technician come to fix a fan part. Would shut off after reaching a certain temperature. I do not like the product at all. It isn't worth the money. Haven't used the stove top yet because they have not given me the pots. It was a promotional thing. Buy the range and get the pots. Still haven't arrived. Hate to tell you I have nothing to cook on. It is a mess. Will never buy GE products again. Support is a joke. They need to hire more people to get to the owners when they break down rather than wait a week to fix. Going to go on Facebook & Twitter to tell my story. Want the range removed! General Electric should ask a woman when they produce a new range. This one you can't clean the dial board without turning on the stovetop. Very sensitive. Have to watch children. A terrible product.

Original review: March 2, 2019

We had some oil spill in the oven, which proceeded to catch fire. It was a huge fire that burned for a while. But all it took was a little oven cleaner, and it looks like nothing ever happened! The coating and materials inside of the oven are completely fine. It also still works perfectly! I'm amazed. 10/10 stars.

Get expert buying tips about Ranges, Ovens, and Stoves delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

I have the 6 burner MONOGRAM range! The stove door doesn’t closing correctly! Burner knobs so light to the touch my 14 month grandson slightly touch it and it came on! The electrician pass by the stove and brush up against it and turn it on. It’s only a day... Pacific Appliance’s call for service to fix the door. I have to wait 2 weeks for service. Don’t bother with GE products... Oh the dishwasher GE Monogram ran from 2:30pm to 7:15pm... I had to turn it off... I guess it would be still running! First time use! The dishes still wasn’t dry! I HATE... this product! The first thing I ask the salesperson. What products doesn’t give you a lot of problems. I guess he showed me the products that give you the most problems!

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

Have JGSS66EELES gas stove for 2 months now and I noticed it was getting dirty inside. I pulled out the manual for instruction and only at that point did I realize it only has what is called Steam Clean. We thought it was a self -cleaning oven! So our bad. However, the steam clean function does absolutely nothing and I scrubbed for over an hour with little result. Who makes an oven that is impossible to clean? Who came up with the dumb idea to steam clean an oven used to COOK in? SOOO disappointed that I didn't pay more attention when purchasing and that I didn't ask more questions about steam cleaning. Buyer beware!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

After having my Cafe Stovetop for about a year and a half, there was a electrical component malfunction. During this, smoke came out of the stovetop and it smelled of electrical burning. I sent a complaint to GE since several components were damaged. Knowing that the warranty was only for 1 year, there would be nothing they could do except sell me the parts.

I explained what happened and what parts were affected (burnt). I received a call from Danielle, as CS representative who was exceptionally friendly and helpful. They sent all the affected parts at no charge. A few weeks later we noticed that not only were the parts that we discussed damaged, but also a gas line was damaged. They immediately sent this part as well. No charge. I have to say, the customer service I received was far above what I expected. Thank you Danielle for the above and beyond support. I have always been loyal to GE and never had an issue in the past. This was the first time I have ever complained to any company, I was pleasantly surprised by the response.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GE Washing Machines?

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

I purchased a GE GEJGS760SELSS gas range as the rest of our appliance in the kitchen were GE so wanted to match. We were replacing an electric GE range. The appliance arrived and looked great minus the installer leaving some hard to see plastic protective parts on the stove that stunk terribly as they burned off. The burner worked with the exception of the front left which made a strange noise when I turned it on, this was fixed with a simple adjustment. We didn't start the oven, but we had 48 hrs to report any issues. We started the oven the second day and after the oven reached 175 degrees we noted a strong gas smell in the house. I immediately shut off the stove and turned off the gas and called the service that installed the stove. I did not get a call back from them until the following day (never mind the leaking gas is URGENT).

The GE tech and installers came out and said the stove was "non-repairable" and would need replaced. This was a Monday. They told my wife the stove would be replaced on Wednesday. At 6 pm Wednesday we had heard nothing, so we called and they said, "Sorry we will come Saturday." Then Saturday came and we called at 6 pm after no arrival. And they said, "Your stove is on back order and we can get it to you in 6 weeks!!

I called GE immediately and spoke with several incompetent customer service employees and to be fair a few very helpful and nice ones to the tune of greater than 4 hrs on the phone. Their response to me was GE does not have ANY stoves in stock at all of any type at this time. I advised them on multiple occasions that I find that very hard to believe (it's total BS) and they said I have no choice other than to wait 6 weeks with no way to cook. I then asked to speak to a manager, which was refused after I was told by the agent she didn't have a manager (again total BS). She then sent me to a voicemail and disconnected me, with no response to this point.

GE has THE WORST customer service I have ever dealt with and tried in no way to help a customer that their defective product could have potentially seriously harmed with a gas leak. I then found the "back ordered" stove at another location in town and called customer service to see if they would reimburse me for the cost difference if I went and bought the unit and returned the original. And they told me if I returned the original they would not compensate me at all, but then kindly offered to pay for a "hot plate" I could use to cook for my family for 6 weeks. I am not sure how GE has been so successful for so long with such poor customer service and blatant disregard for both customer safety and satisfaction. They have certainly lost a customer and I will make sure as many more people hear this story as possible so they never buy any GE products.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

I bought a GE electric stovetop on 9/5/18. It broke when I was not using it three months later. I had my electrician check his installation and etc, he said it was faulty, so a GE tech came out looked at it and ordered a part, he came next week and fixed it but it didn’t stay fixed for long. I went on vacation for two weeks and when we came back it broke when we weren’t using it. The tech came out. Said he thinks the wiring is faulty. The parts are back ordered so it will take a month to get them in. Thank God I bought a hot plate, or I wouldn’t be able to cook. My oven is on the same circuit and I am tired of paying the electrician to hook up and unhook my stove. I wish I could get my money back and buy a different brand.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2019

Ordered 4 stoves due to storage drawer made incorrectly. Each time the storage drawer slides in, it drops down 1" on left side. Leg stabilizers were adjusted, but no luck. Back of drawer front is missing a panel. Base does not lay flat, it arcs up on left and right side.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

I purchased a GE PROFILE™ SERIES 30" FREE-STANDING ELECTRIC CONVECTION RANGE PB911EJ6ES in April 2018. I had the control board replaced twice because the right side burner push buttons stop working intermittently. It happened again in December, so GE had the Tech come out again and he hooked up his laptop to the stove and retrieved error codes again like he did the other two times. Because the buttons work while the Tech is present, GE said that they will not give me a new stove. The Tech said that all he had to do is report the problem again with the new error codes and that GE would send me a new stove. GE's runaround response is that they will not replace my stove unless the problem happens while the Tech is present. I have never dealt with a company as Ruthless as them. I have read reviews for this stove on many other websites with customers having the same problem. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM GE!!!

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

It’s the GE TrueTemp range from about 6 years ago, but I would just make sure in general you opt for either locking burners or make sure you can try them out. I know I will. I bought this online from reviews, but never read one like this. And had smaller children at the time. The burner knobs are so light to the touch a brush walk-by can literally turn the gas on without anyone’s knowledge. This morning I was awakened to the electricity coming back on, as I was waking I smelled an unfamiliar odor. My bedroom is at the back, furthermost part from the kitchen. I opened my door to a stronger wall of gas. The last person went to bed maybe 4-5 hrs earlier.

The burner was just turned enough so the gas was on but barely one would notice it was turned. Had the electric not woke me up I’m afraid to think what other outcome there would have been for my daughter, her friends and I. And this isn’t the first time this has happened but by far the worst. I remind everyone to check it if they go near it. Must’ve been a newcomer. But what kind of design allows a brush-by to turn on a gas stove burner??? How dangerous. And the stove isn’t even out in the middle of the room, though we do like to gather in the kitchen. I’ll have to make a sign and hang it up?? As soon as my headache goes away...

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

I purchased and had installed a complete suite of GE profile appliances right before Thanksgiving - 2018 Tuesday before. On Sunday I noticed one crack in the surface of the stove. I used a razor blade to see if it was a scratch. I felt nothing on surface of the stove. The following day the crack lengthened to 1 1/4“. We had read the care manual and the night we got the stove went out and purchased the required cleaning supplies and agent. Tuesday after Thanksgiving I called the store where we purchased the stove and he said he would stop by the following afternoon. He did not show. We called twice and he was to call us back.

Then Sunday I went online and discovered the repair scheduling site. I scheduled an appointment following Tue afternoon. In the meantime several additional small cracks appeared in surface that I could feel on top. I waited on Tuesday and the repair person did not call or show up. I then called customer service and held for 20 minutes before getting customer service person. She deeply apologized and told me that the repair person originally scheduled could not service warranty work. So she called and confirmed another repair service (essentially Sears) would be out. She said she authorized the repair irregardless. She gave me a direct number to call and an email where she assured me that I could quickly connect with her.

Repair showed up and looked at bottom of glass under stove and said it was not cracked underneath. Therefore they must be scratches that with heat widened up. He told me he could not repair tops due to scratches. I tried calling the direct customer service number and after waiting over 30 minutes and the repair person needing to leave, I hung up. I then sent an email to the customer service representative asking for them to get back to me. 4 days later, no reply. We have only had glass top electric ranges and never had a problem with surface scratching or cracking. My recommendation is to avoid this company and brand.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

Purchased a GE Monogram 4 burner range with a center griddle approximately 9 months ago. This range is impossible to keep clean. You must remove the cover for the griddle to use any of the four burners or the cover pops and warps during cooking. This, of course, means all the grease from cooking is able to run down the sides of the griddle and because the griddle is not removable, the grease just pools underneath the griddle. You literally have to unscrew the griddle and disconnect it from the stove to clean under it. Very poor design!

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

After only 2 years, the control panel has several cracks. Paint under oven door is bubbled. Decals on knobs are peeling. Very unsightly and GE could care less. I will not buy again. The over range microwave has bubbles and cracks also. So I will have to purchase all new appliances to match each other because I will not be purchasing GE again.

Resolution response: Dec. 8, 2018

To follow up on my range saga. It took two and a half weeks to finally get my new range. It was frustrating but very pleased now that I have one. It is the new version of my last range. Customer service made sure I got one as soon as it came in from production. I appreciate it. If anyone is looking for a beautiful range they should check out range # cgs995selss.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

Updated on 11/20/2018: Starting week 2 without a range. One was delivered but dented and the delivery man told me he does not do gas hook ups. So once again I phoned the Chairman’s office since they were the ones that contacted me. I was told that the delivery people will hook up gas so not sure who is telling the truth. But, at this point that is not a problem because now I could have to wait until the 15th (2 weeks+) to get my new range. They offered to send $200 for my husband and I to eat out with but will take 7-10 days to arrive. They refused overnight delivery.

My problem with customer care (chairman’s office) is they just do not care about the person and what they are going through. It is all dollars to them! As I said in my previous complaint all I did was use the self clean for the first time and it locked up my oven and killed the burners. I wish GE could at least say they are sorry that their oven malfunctioned because of faulty workmanship. I wish they were not so concerned about what they keep in their pockets. I invested in 6 GE appliances because of the GE name which was the best when I was growing up. They have disappointed me.

Original Review: Three years ago I made the mistake of purchasing six brand new GE appliances. Big mistake! Two years after the purchase my dryer stopped working. Took me four hours to dry a sheet. After a month of four visits from the GE repairman and much frustration the board blew up in front of him. So for $200 I got a new one. But, the worst was a few days before Thanksgiving. I decided to use the self clean on my beautiful $3000 stove. After an hour it locked up tight and the whole stove went black. Gas stove top went completely out and doors shut tight. Good ole repair service came out, spent an hour and a half and was on the phone with his supervisor. They could do nothing. It was unfixable!!! This is two days before Thanksgiving. Unfixable? It was the first time I used that feature.

So GE phones me and after much discussion the only thing they could offer me is a new oven for $1000. Sure was not my fault the self clean blew up my oven! So we had no oven for Thanksgiving. Ching ching had to take the family out for dinner. Ching Ching, it could be a week or more before I get a new stove and they made me pay by phone. At this point I am so disgusted with GE and so sorry I bought their appliances. It will be the last time! They sell Junk and they do not care. Junk, Junk, Junk. Shame on GE!

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

When you have GE appliance and have no issue, you are one of the lucky people. Yes, GE appliances have been great for me. I have been a customer for over 15 years for all my appliances. Well now, I am one of the 10% people who had issues and it was not handled very professionally. Here is what happened. In September 3rd, 2017, I got a new GE Range just because I wanted to replace my 10-year-old GE range. Well I regret it. Couple of months later, I called the installation company because the electrical breaker was going off. They said that it is normal sometimes, and a power reset would fix the issue. So, they suggested to unplug it and plug it back again. The issue happened few times until one day, we heard a very loud noise and smoke coming out of the back of the range. That was the first time I called GE. They said that the installation company installed it wrong causing part of the metal in the back to be melted.

I called the installation company who are contractors hired by GE. Well after three some weeks of not holding responsibility for their device, GE tech came in and changed the part. Thinking everything is back to normal, I asked GE for reimbursement for all the time we stayed without a range. They send me $50 and I did not mind or asked for more. Maybe a week or two after, I started noticing a plastic smell from the oven and one of the burners (only one) would stay on high even after we change it to low causing food to burn if we have not paid attention to it. This happened randomly. I called GE again, and I explained the issue. The first tech came in and he implied, very rudely, that we did not know how to use the range (Note: I have been a GE customer for the last 15 years).

Then, he brings out a piece of metal from his car and opens the stove and very sarcastically says, “here you go, this is what caused it” as if we did not understand what happened. He could not duplicate the issue, so he wrote in his report that there is no issue. I did not believe him but did not want to cause problems (I still have that piece), so I let it go. I called GE again, because the issue was still there for the burner and the oven smell (even after cleaning it for 3 hours twice as they suggested). Another technician came in my house. I explained to him how I stood there watching the burner for half an hour after I put it on low, and the burner still red as if it was on high. He started looking at my pots as if the cooking pots are the cause of the food burning or why the burner stay red. The same pots that we used with the old GE standalone Range that we had for 10 years.

Then he stated, “These are all very good pots.” He also said there is nothing wrong with the burners or the oven even though we still were facing the issues. Again, I called GE, and I told them that their techs are being very rude and disrespectful, so they agreed to pay an outside tech to replace that burner knob as he thought that was it. The issue was still there and happening more often. I stopped complaining and closed all the tickets. Now the oven caught on fire is the latest event. The fire was concealed within the oven. It did not come out as we were pre-heating it. When I called GE customer relation, they created a new ticket for me. They sent out yet another tech to find out what caused the fire. I told the technician how it did catch on fire. Then he went in to check what exactly happened. He started writing his report without saying a word to me.

After he printed the report with the receipt, he explained to me that the part is not available until December 4th. He added this normally happens when you use the oven too much. I then explained to him all the issues we are having, and I want a unit replacement as I am not using the oven that much because of the smell. After he left, I read the report he gave me, which says: “The broil unit burned out causing sparks in oven. Unit is repairable, not a safety issue, just a bad broil ASM.” That paper included how much it will cost me to repair it. I called customer relation, and they said that the new ranges have a safety plugin that will trip the electrical breaker when it is caught on fire. Her explanation made sense to a point, but if I had food in the oven, the fire would have continued. After talking to few people, they said Twitter and social media is the best way to go, so I went ahead and contact them through Twitter.

They said that my case manager will contact me, but they never did. So, I took the liberty of calling them. The consumer relation manager kept going back and forth for an hour and a half. After only 1 year of having the unit, they gave me two options, which are either give me a discount of 33% or have yet another tech to come in and check the unit. It could be maybe my recipes are too hard for the burners. I told the consumer case manager that I do not want any techs in my house.

I am willing to pay 50% off a new unit, but they did not help me even with that. I told the case manager about all the cases started from March, and his answer was “You did not call about the other cases, you only called about the oven catching fire.” Although, the first time I called about the fire, I brought up all the other issues that still exist. This is not the way to go GE. GE is responsible for that appliance and need to change it for no charge. They did not believe me when it was under the warranty that there is a manufacture defect in the unit.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

Over a week ago my husband called for service on our gas stove because the burners were snapping even when every burner was turned off. Because I would be off on Veterans' Day, we arranged for the technician to come that day and GE said he'd be here between 8:00 and noon on that day. On Veterans' Day the technician showed up at 9:45, came into the kitchen and told me, without even touching the stove, that he'd need to order a part and come back another day. This after my husband had given the model number of the stove and told what was wrong over the phone when he arranged for service. GE's so-called customer service told me that the people who schedule service are not technicians and therefore cannot tell the technicians what parts to bring.

If this is not beginning to sound a little absurd to you, think about whose time gets eaten up by this practice. There's more. When I objected to the technician that he should have come prepared, he told me that I would not be charged for his visit if I cancelled right then and there. In other words, he was going to charge me for coming to my house and doing absolutely nothing. Do you smell something funny here? I smell a gambit for bilking GE customers out of money and time. Technicians come unprepared so that you'll pay them to come back prepared. Bottom line: DO NOT BUY GE PRODUCTS.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

Upon using the oven for the very first time, it did not work! Both ovens would shut off shortly after starting to pre-heat. I've read of similar experiences. It's clear that manufacturing standards are non-existent and GE has failed to address known defects in their appliances. Yes they will repair it free of charge since it's within the warranty period however it's unacceptable that a brand new appliance requires repair. GE has failed to deliver a working appliance. It's the absolute most regrettable choice of our kitchen remodel.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

I had an electric stove by GE in my new house (stove was new too), wasn't happy with it, oven was so sluggish, so I decided to replace it with the gas stove. Much to my dismay (bad luck too) we chose another GE product- gas stove. I think our decision was partly based on the width, it was a built-in stove. It is by far the worst choice! You should see my oven!!! Impossible to clean. Purchased extended protection from Lowe's, but this is not a covered issue. Everything about this stove is terrible. Had to buy a replacement knob today, cost with shipping over $17! Do yourself a favor; do NOT purchase GE gas stove.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

The grip on the bottom drawer of my GE stove is too shallow. It is impossible to get a grip to open the drawer. Your finger slides off. Very poor design. The grip needs to be much deeper so you can get hold of it. Would not have bought this stove if I had noticed it before.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2018

Have had the range (JBB635DEK2BB) for three weeks and almost every day there is a gas leak. Reaching above the stove to the cabinet or the microwave or walking by the range a knob gets slightly bumped and easily turns a knob and the gas starts leaking out. The knobs ignite the burner at the bottom of the dial so every little bump to the knob enables the gas to leak out. This is a dangerous situation. Technician said consumer dept at GE suggested to get child safety knobs. This is a design flaw. GE should have this corrected immediately before there is an explosion and people get killed.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

I ran the self clean cycle Wednesday, October 31, 2018. On Thursday morning I woke to find that the interior glass door had shattered. That day I went online and found numerous incidents outlining the same thing. For the most part, the stoves were 2-4 years old (mine is 3 1/2). I found postings going back to around 2010 and all told a similar story. In my case, I called GE Customer Service. They were very dismissive, said there hadn't been a recall and that I would have to bear the entire cost of the repair as the stove was more than a year old. I asked how a shattered glass door was within normal parameters for a service call and was brushed off.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

So about 5 minutes after cooking, the oven was off the door was closed and I heard a pop. The entire exterior glass shattered. Oven was seven years old, GE said it was out of warranty and offered nothing. I did the following. If your oven does explode, take pictures, contact the manufacturer and file a report with the CPSC. In some cases, companies will replace or repair the oven free of charge even after it's out of warranty. In many other cases, they may flatly refuse.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

I purchased a stove 12-9-2017. Double Oven $1200.00 stove. Since my purchase, I have had repair out to replace a defective burner. On 10-12-2018 my stove started beeping a code CF10. Per online instructions, we were unplugged and plugged back in. Neither of the 2 ovens are working. Scheduled a repair for 10-16-2017. Was advised after confirming with me that they would not be out till 10-19-2018. Why because they have 1 repairman for the Pinellas County Florida and he was sick today. My stove is not even a year old yet and it seems all functions have now had a problem. The unprofessional manner this company is exhibiting is far from the service I have expected from a well known corporation like GE. I will probably not purchase from this brand again. How horrible.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

Since buying this stove 4 years ago, the list of parts and service has grown steadily. The convection fan was bad upon installation (covered by warranty), Front right burner quit working, infinity switch broken, Five burner knobs have cracked and fallen off over time. The fact that I can order these parts cheaper from online retailers and install them myself has been a great help to offset the cost of repairs and time waiting for service but this appliance is not very old and the price point does not warrant the constant repairs.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

I bought a brand new convection oven (electric). Front burner, power boil, went out in less than 3 years. Oven takes forever to bake something. Customer service doesn't care. Would never buy another GE anything based on this experience. They want to charge for a "service call" to diagnose the problem, and also for labor.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

I am so sorry I have to write this review, I swore by GE high end Profile products for more than 20 years. When my old GE range started giving me problems, I went to P. C. Richard to order a new top of the line G.E. range. The first one that was delivered computer system did not work, so I could to use the oven or broiler. P. C. Richard ordered me a new range and this one is horrible! I had GE technician here and he told me that there is nothing he could do about the range, even though I paid for a 7 year warranty.

The oven and broiler just keep kicking off (even when I use the broiler on the low setting) and the oven does the same. It just keeps turning off and the technician said it is programmed to shut off at a certain temperature. The problem is the food is not broiled and all dried up in every case. The oven comes on and off. So now I have an $1100 range I cannot use at all and have to buy a toaster oven for cooking. I will continue to try and have this resolved but GE insists they can do nothing!

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

We live off grid in rural Colorado (yes I am nuts but it is so quiet, except when the oven or my 50 year old wringer washer is on) and gas is the only option with solar powered electric as we are still 20 years away from "amenities". Our new range is propane powered, the oven, which I checked actually is gas, however it uses high electricity when starting or changing temps. It alone can completely drain an entire battery bank in only minutes. We have to switch to a 3750 watt generator to bake (a 2000 watt is overtaxed). The burners and griddle are superb at this time and can be lit with a match, the oven cannot. All my other appliances work fine, GE could not explain why the unit uses so much electricity, suggesting it was normal or my fault. If you are off grid, or lose power often do not buy GE.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

My wife and I grew up with gas - but only recently had the option in our house for gas. We were really excited to be able to cook with gas - but we have been very disappointed with our oven (GE Dual Gas Oven JGB860EEJES) for the following reasons. The user interface is at best terrible - it was even difficult to figure out how to set the clock - but the cryptic display made it nearly impossible to change some of the defaults - such as how to adjust the oven temperature. I tried to get service on the oven temperature - but it became a major issue because the serial number is on the back of the oven (which was difficult to find because of the no-tip attachment to the floor. It could easily have been placed in either of the ovens.

Overall the quality control was weak, the major design was acceptable, but the user interfaces and the thought behind the product would get a failing grade. In addition my interactions with the customer support were of little help after extensive waiting - (3 hours) I was finally able to get repair tech ordered to look at the problems.

Original review: July 14, 2018

I am new to a convection oven. I bought my gas convection oven JGB700SEJ4SS 7 months ago. I only baked (with convection) a few times and was concerned because I wasn't getting the results I expected. It wasn't cooking evenly nor well. I noticed the fan was going on for about 5 seconds and turning off for a minute or more repeatedly. I contacted GE. They couldn't answer if it was normal, I let it go because I was dealing with my defected dishwasher with them for months also bought at the same time. I did contact them back recently and a repairman came out. He replaced fan, and two other control panel parts? I just baked some muffins and it's doing it again. I fail to have the convection experience. The fan should be running more, am I right?

Original review: July 11, 2018

I purchased this range recently from Home Depot. My first utilization of it was July 4th. I placed an aluminum tray covered with aluminum foil on top and fireworks exploded. You can see the stove’s panel is burned and has melted metal as well as the hole in the aluminum foil. July 5th, Home Depot refused to pick the stove up and stated that was GE’s problem. GE stated that an inspector had to come out before anything can be done.

The inspection was scheduled for today, July 11th. I received a call today stating they had no driver and asked to reschedule. Allegedly the drivers are also the inspectors. He wanted to schedule the appointment for next week. I called GE Support and the rep stated, “Home Depot should have picked that up.” I refuse to keep this range in my house. It is unsafe and could have caused bodily and property damage! Per my conversation with GE Support today, the range will be removed tomorrow. Consumers need to know what to expect when they're not purchasing appliances directly from the manufacturer. Share this post!

GE Washing Machines expert review by ConsumerAffairs

GE has been in business for more than 100 years and is one of the most recognized names in American manufacturing. It introduced one of the first mass-market electric stovetops in 1928: the Calrod Electric Range.

• Flexible choices: GE offers a variety of product lines designed specifically for small homes, large homes or businesses.

• Robust warranties: GE offers extensive warranties on all of its products, usually with the inclusion of home visits from maintenance personnel.

• GE Fits! Guarantee: GE guarantees that it can find a cooking appliance that will perfectly match the existing dimensions of a client's old appliance.

• Extensive special features: GE includes a variety of special features for select models, ranging from advanced software to the latest in induction technology and more.

• Made in America: GE guarantees that most of its appliances are designed and manufactured in the United States, and provides information outlining what percentage of an appliance's components were made in the U.S.

• Best for: Users cooking for one, users cooking for families and users cooking for businesses.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs