GE Ranges

GE Ranges

3.0/5 (860 ratings)

About GE Ranges

GE appliances come with a traditional warranty, but the company also offers extended coverage with a Service Protection Advantage plan from Assurant, GE’s authorized provider of extended warranties. The plan covers parts and labor for appliance repairs for an extended period. Customers pick and choose which appliances or systems need to be covered.

GE Ranges Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GE Ranges?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about GE Washing Machines?

Original review: March 3, 2022

The first time I used my broiler on my new GE range, the element literally blew up. It was like the 4th of July in my oven. It blew a hole in the element and shot "shrapnel" that is all over the roof of the oven. I've had 2 service calls and a new element has been on order for 2 months. They never said how they were going to resolve the "shrapnel" issue. The range is under warranty. GE set up a service call and then Asurion (who administers the warranty) got involved. The two don't communicate and keep asking me to call the other. The right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing. In the meantime GE said they have someone coming out tomorrow. Asurion called and said no that's not correct and they have me set up for an appointment next week. For this reason I will never purchase another GE product.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2022

I purchased an (expensive) Induction GE Cafe. "GE Cares" does not care. They give you a run-around until you finally give up. They promise they sent parts and then when you don't receive them, they say the case was already closed. This is the 3rd time. There is a call center is just a way to field calls and take messages. They will not call you back. This is the worst experience I have ever had and problem with an appliance and I'm almost 60.

Regards, Christi

Get buying tips about Ranges, Ovens, and Stoves delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2021

Bought a GE stove five months ago. Last night after the oven had been off for hours, it started leaking gas about midnight. As we were going to bed we smelled it. We had to have an emergency service call from So Cal Gas who said it is a defective oven part. I have been bounced all over GE trying to get a replacement oven. They would like to just have it serviced. Remember every part of the oven was off and it randomly began leaking gas. Would this ever be OK with any family? At 3:30 PST there was no one to talk to at GE Cares to try to get a solution. This is unacceptable and I will not stop until the oven gets replaced. It's a gas bomb.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

Very easy to use and convenient, very high quality and value. The GE range has many excellent features including convection oven and grill. Stainless steel is very easy to use and convenient. Very happy with our purchase and would highly recommend to purchase.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2021

I have long used GE with most of my major appliances, always got great service life out of them, tho the quality of some of the plastics/control knobs and such are somewhat lacking anymore, they still hold up well for the most part.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2021

I have had a G.E. Adora range now for a few years. It consistently does not keep the burners on and as a result takes forever to boil water! It is a glass top ceramic range with a convection oven. The oven had to be recalibrate so that it would bake evenly according to recipe bake times. All in all I would not buy again and would look for a more dependable brand preferably one made in the U.S.A.!

Original review: Nov. 4, 2021

User friendly, has a lot of options to use, I can time bake, have the oven go on and off without me being home. It has Sabbath mode for those that keep the Sabbath. It has sealed burners making it easy to clean the stovetop. Oven self cleans with almost no smell. Door of oven is easy to clean. Overall I am very satisfied with it.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2021

Our burners have been replaced 3 times in the past 2 years since we've purchased the range. This has not been the same burner either as the two main burners have both burnt out at least once. GE requires a $100 fee to send a technician out if you're not under warranty even if you refuse service (due to parts or extra complicated things). I've called customer service about this as parts have been replaced through warranty. Once you are outside the 1 year warranty window for the range (which strangely enough I've had multiple warranty claims already within the year) you must pay the fee.

I would say stay away from this company as the burners constantly blow out or stop working over short periods of time. I have owned multiple GE ranges and they've all had the same burner problems. You will most likely spend more money in 3-4 years than purchasing a completely different brand range as these GE stoves do not last.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2021

I have recently purchased a GE gas stove JCGB735SPSS. It works fine but the configuration of the burners is very impractical. The largest burner is at the front, so that means if I have two pots the smaller one would be behind the larger one ... how can I reach it? It is downright dangerous. Also, the largest pot - at the front by design - can be easily overturned and the content cause serious burns if not death. It is something one does not realize until the stove is in use. I was told the GE is a leader in appliances but the design of this stove is not a proof of this claim.

Original review: July 18, 2021

I understand the concern for safety. And it's not just G. E. products mandate I guess. However the safety burners shut off on you constantly. What ends up happening is ruined food. Messed up recipes, messed up cooking times, etc. The worst part is ruined food. It's so bad, that I had to go out and buy a hotplate. Oven is fine. Stovetop is essentially useless. It's in a rental. Can't get rid of it. If I owned it, I'd sell it for scrap.

GE Washing Machines author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

GE has been in business for more than 100 years and is one of the most recognized names in American manufacturing. It introduced one of the first mass-market electric stovetops in 1928: the Calrod Electric Range.

• Flexible choices: GE offers a variety of product lines designed specifically for small homes, large homes or businesses.

• Robust warranties: GE offers extensive warranties on all of its products, usually with the inclusion of home visits from maintenance personnel.

• GE Fits! Guarantee: GE guarantees that it can find a cooking appliance that will perfectly match the existing dimensions of a client's old appliance.

• Extensive special features: GE includes a variety of special features for select models, ranging from advanced software to the latest in induction technology and more.

• Made in America: GE guarantees that most of its appliances are designed and manufactured in the United States, and provides information outlining what percentage of an appliance's components were made in the U.S.

GE Ranges Company Information