GE Ranges
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

GE Ranges

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 11, 2017

451 GE Ranges Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

GE Profile gas slide in range with two small double ovens. On November 10, 2017, the top oven inner glass exploded about 2 hours into the cleaning cycle. The top oven door has triple pane glass and it was the center or middle pane that exploded and shattered. This has to be a manufacture defect? It's the oddest thing I have seen. How and why does this happen? Our oven is a little over a year old.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

I bought a GE Cafe Series Range in August. I had it installed in September, and it didn't work the first time I tried to use it. A letter and number F96 kept coming up. GE sent out someone to repair it, he felt he had fixed it. Well F96 started coming up again! They sent out another repair person, and he replaced more parts! He thought it was fixed and the F96 came up again!

We are now into November, and it was fixed last Friday and after they left the F96 came up again. GE said they are sending out another repair person to replace the new parts again that they just replaced! I have been without an oven since September, it is now November 7th and GE wants us to wait another 5 days for a repairman to come out to put in the same parts one more time.

These parts are to be sent to us and we hope they come in time for the repairman. It is now possible if they come out this week and repair the same repair the third time that we will have to wait until GE decides what to do again and run the risk of not having an oven for Thanksgiving! Bottom line, our oven doesn't work, it takes weeks to get repair people out, weeks to get parts and we want a new oven asap. When we called yesterday, we weren't permitted to speak with our caseworker because she was going to call us the next day and of course she never called us. So disappointed with GE. Will never buy another product from GE.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

GE Adora JG8720EEJIES - Range does not have a light switch on the outside. Without a light we can’t see inside the oven, unless we open the door. We have been using a flashlight to check on our baking. Definitely an engineering flaw.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

Do not buy a GE Stove, or any product for that matter because you will be locked into dealing with their service/customer service/repair parts departments. After a week of going back and forth all I would get is "did you buy the part from us". I bought it online from Amazon, and nearly half the price, but there is a catch. The NEW replacement part (WB27K10147) has less touch pads built into it and does not require the ribbon wire to the front touchpad membrane. GE charges more because they include it, something I was told from a reliable source. If they would have told me that in the beginning I wouldn't have wasted all the time calling and emailing these unpleasant people would only say "the part has been designed by our engineers to be a direct replacement".

That's great, but a little, just a little help would have gone a long way, and I would have gladly bought their part. I returned it to Amazon and bought a Samsung to ensure that it was not made by them. (ie Frigidaire, Whirlpool or Maytag). This was the worst customer service I have ever gotten in my life, the people at the other online parts stores said their part was the same and I shouldn't buy it, but they would look into it, which they did too, and got back to me... But I got nothing from GE?!?!

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

I bought a GE Adora stove in black a few years ago since the one I had for 15 years was really outdated. Got a package deal with replacing 3 old appliances at HH Gregg. The oven part works fine but the burners are terrible if you really want precise cooking on the stove top. They heat up to boiling even on low to moderate heat and you just have to guess at where to set the heat level to not burn or boil things over. Really disappointing. Must be a sensor defect. I will not be buying GE products again. They are really poor.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GE Washing Machines?

Original review: Oct. 21, 2017

First of the reason for the review is because of the strange failure of the range. As far as the features, looks and quality of cooking I don't think I could ask for a better range. But a range is only good if it works. For the first eight months there were zero issues until one day it just stopped. The stove top clicks to let you know the pot was magnetically sealed to the cook top and start heating. That feature would not come on and the stove to would turn itself off. The oven pre-heat would do the same, you could hear the fan start, but after a few seconds it again would turn off. GE service is a bunch of loosely contracted appliance repair guys. The 1st who showed up, did not even want to touch the unit until parts arrived, that took a week. The 2nd guy installed the parts the 1st guy had ordered and the unit still did not work.

Another week and parts shipped in and after the last part in the middle of the stove top was replaced, the unit finally worked. The tech literally had to take apart the stove to get to where the circuit board was supposed to go. After a month without a stove we were good. So we thought. That was July 28-Aug 28 on the first go, now it is October 21 and the earliest appointment is October 24th. GE contracts their service out now, you will not know the quality of the tech, and worse as both tech's shared with me, is the failure of GE to even provide specification information to them about the equipment they are to repair. Lots of room for improvement GE.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

DO NOT PURCHASE! I recently purchased a GE Café microwave and range. The range arrived and the quality was awful. The front part with the knobs was not aligned to the rest of the range and it was sharp on the corners. This was replaced with another delivery of a new one which came with the same issue so had to return it. Tried a 3rd time and the electric glass top was not sealed to the rest of the range. I contacted GE about the quality issues and the customer care center said not their problem if something was wrong at the warehouse. This has been so frustrating especially since I now am stuck with an expensive range that is defective in my house to match my microwave.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

Purchased my complete line of GE Cafe products. Worst mistake ever. Gas stove leaking gas from installation found out by accident FDNY and National Grid shut down my gas service. From there all downhill. I have had my refrigerator repaired several times and my oven will not cook a meal. Doesn't get hot enough. Over 8 attempts to repair. Still no fix and GE customer service is the worst. Do yourself a favor and look elsewhere for a product.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

Airing my house out for the 3rd time after accidentally bumping the knob on my gas range, when reaching to use the microwave oven which is mounted above my range. I've brushed against the knob on the range turning it, slightly not enough to ignite the flame but enough to allow the gas to release. The knob wasn't turned enough to start the clicking that signals it's preparing to ignite, which makes me unaware that gas is leaking. I called GE and their response to the complaint was they would send out a repairman to assess the problem at no cost. But if a repair or replace parts were needed, GE would give me a discount on purchasing new replacement knobs or parts and I would have to pay to have the repairs done.

This just doesn't seem to be the way a responsible company should handle a major safety problem. I assumed GE would send out someone to assess the problem and, if it was their poor design or workmanship GE would cover the cost to repair. I don't understand how this is my fault. I have seen online where others have had this same complaint with GE ranges. I have now removed the knobs and only replace when in use. Please be aware and protect yourself from this possible danger. Never, Ever, will I buy GE products again!

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

Glass top range - Model # J B705T T2WW, Serial # FA2 66478Q - I have had the service man here to see why the oven temperature does not stay at the set temperature. He has replaced the control panel 3 times and it still does not work. I have ruined several loaves of my 'famous' rye bread as done on the outside but not in the inside. Yesterday I was canning tomato juice, heating the jars in the oven at 215 degrees. I expected it to stay at that temp but when I checked it, it was down to 185 degrees. Thus one of the jars broke when filled with the hot juice. What can we or the repairman do? P.S. One day I went to the church to use their oven so my baked goods would come out okay. We purchased this at Seiler's in Pocahontas, Iowa. We have taken out extended warranty but now really expect the range to be replaced.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2017

Garbage, Garbage, Garbage. We purchased a full kitchen package of GE Profile appliances First: The FIRST time we plugged in the range an error message appeared. A new part was ordered, installed and the same error message appeared. GE sent me a new Range. One month later we tried to use the self clean and again an error message this time, shutting down the entire operation of the range and elements. Strike three! Second: We then discovered the Profile GE refrigerator had NO insulation on the Freezer side and thus we had major condensation on the walls of the refrigerator and cupboard wall.

GE replaced it only to have IT show an error message the first time it was plugged in. Strike four. Even the microwave is questionable due to its poor air suction. However on a good note the Dishwasher is very quiet and does a great job SO FAR! Two ranges and two refrigerators in the first month. I would NOT recommend their product to anyone

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

It's not an impressive range, but it works well as one can expect from a mid-quality range. The major con is that although the dimensions match other brands, this GE model has a shallow cover and the newer cookie sheets do not fit unless they are turned sideways, which means uneven baking. I would suggest checking the interior dimensions of the oven before purchasing.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2017

GE propane range leaked propane regardless of adjustments. Caused former resident owner to develop COPD and die. NACOG USDA provided the range new to her in 2010. I removed it 2016 due to health and safety issues. The carbon monoxide detector went off. The toxic smell and adverse health reactions overwhelming. GE refrigerator needs replacing, multiple safety issues purchased from Sears. Never purchasing GE products again. Buyer beware; could kill you too.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2017

I love the GE. I bought a GE dual fuel range about 3 years ago when my 6 yr old Frigidaire stove caught fire. Always wanted to cook with gas but have electric oven and broiler. It's also easy to clean the cooktop unlike older gas stoves. Love the big fast boiler eye.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

GE Profile Range in SS & black glass electric cooktop w/ Double oven. Have had 0 problems since purchased 5+ years ago but other GE profile appliances have not performed so well i.e. fridge, microwave.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

This range is great. The only complaint (not a big one) is that the temperature of the oven is about 15 degrees off. But other than that, this range performs very well.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

The paint on GE products (have microwave and range) is poor, as it chips easily. There are stains on the glass in the oven door which cannot be removed. Think they are inside the door glass. But finish cleans easily and looks good. The oven temperature is very accurate. Would like a better way of cleaning than turning up the heat so very high though. They also have different sizes for smooth-top cooking, but would prefer if they were all the same size. One gets used all the time and the others hardly at all. For $700 would have expected superb performance in every respect, but design and paint quality, as well as glass stains should not have occurred.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2017

When we bought our house it came with gas stove and other appliances but our stove is not level and will not cook at a high boil on any of the burners. The oven smells when it first starts to preheat. We have had repairmen to check them out and the first one said it should be replaced. But the manager says no. It is still under warranty but they will not replace the stove. Please help us with this.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

Double Oven Gas Range: This oven was purchased in December 2016. It got lost in shipping and arrived mid-February 2017. I don't think that was actually GE's fault... I love the range. It's beautiful for canning on. The grates are sturdy the heat is good. The bottom oven also works very nicely. I also like the slate color. It's easy to keep looking clean and matches just about anything. The top oven, however, has been looked at three times by the repairman.

They've replaced the temperature regulator, rearranged the insulation, and replaced the whole computer board. Yet I still had to increase the set temperature by 35 degrees and it still doesn't get quiet to temperature. Once you put food in it, it drops and just doesn't hold. It is frustrating and disappointing. As soon as the warranty is up and I can't call a repairman to create hope that it will get better, I expect the top oven will just become a storage shelf. I think I might choose a different oven if I had a chance to do it again. I certainly wouldn't pay the price that I did for this one.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2017

I am very happy with my GE Stove purchased from Lowe's six months ago. I chose this particular stove because of the good reviews on it. I previously owned a Kenmore stove which started on fire in the control board on the back panel of my stove. This prompted me to find a "safe" stove to replace my old one. The GE Stove is beautiful, functional and works wonderfully. It bakes evenly, roasts perfectly and is easy to clean. I feel confident that this stove is safe to use. I would recommend this brand to anyone looking to purchase a new, safe electric stove.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

Ditto Joanna's review. Sitting in my kitchen and the outside glass door on my oven fell and shattered glass all over my kitchen. The stove nor oven were on at the time and thank goodness no one in my family was close enough to get seriously hurt. Upon examination, I noted that the door was being supported by a glue backed gasket. The door of a oven which gets very hot held by a glued gasket! What were they thinking. They said they were sorry but it was not covered by the warranty. $400 please if you want a tech to replace it.

Original review: July 30, 2017

GE cafe range - Uneven oven temp. Constantly requires recalibration and still fluctuates. Cookies burn on the lower shelves and are underbaked on the top shelves when on convection bake. Gas burners are terrible. Only high and low. No adjustments in between. The front left burner has a high flame on the left so foods cook faster or burn on that side. Was told this was because we had propane. My sister has a stove with propane and does not have this problem. The worst stove ever. Wish I still had my Magic Chef from years ago. Never had a problem with it.

Original review: July 25, 2017

The burner knobs on my GE gas stove look awful. The heat from the stove has marred the finish and they are starting to peel leaving the dull grey plastic underneath the finish exposed. It will cost $30.00 plus then shipping and tax to replace them. Wonder how many times that will be required? Not happy with the look of my stove, though have been happy with function.

Original review: July 6, 2017

My GE gas stove model 40076366 when I am self clean the face is burning and the logo is sparking fire. I talk Janic **. She say make all decision for the CEO. I told her my problem. She told me to fix it. Told her it will happen again. I have money to keep fix it so they will not do nothing. It dangerous with gas and spark of fire. She was very rude. Danger.

Original review: June 27, 2017

We bought the range in May of 2017. We noticed that the left front burner produced an uneven flame. The right side of the flame was higher and more yellow than the rest of the flame. This resulted in uneven cooking. When a dish was sauteed the right side would be overcooked and would stick. Additionally if a large pot was used the handle on the right side would be very hot. I contacted the dealership and they set up a service call. The serviceman arrived on the agreed time and was professional and courteous.

After investigation and consultation with the GE hotline I was informed that the left front burner was supposed to perform that way. It is designed to provide more heat to boil water. So as a result of this design flaw there are only three useful burners plus a griddle burner in the middle. The two rear burners are meant for simmering and one must reach over the hot front burners to use them. So we have essentially a one burner range. I suspect it is GE's way of turning a mistake into a feature. Had we known of this design flaw prior to purchasing we would have gone another route.

Original review: June 6, 2017

GE range caught fire on 4/28/17, after I turned off self-clean. This is what I have been dealing with! My range was purchased 4/2/16, delivered 5/14/16 and installed in June 2016 and GE is saying I need to pay for parts and labor for fixing or purchase another range at the same price as the current model! This entire ordeal has been a nightmare! GE could have just checked the range and replaced it and everyone would have been happy. It has been a month and a half since this fire occurred. I have not been able to even heat up water!

I have had nothing but difficulty with GE customer service and repair! The first person I talked to didn't get my email correct. That took a couple days to rectify. She even put the incorrect date of delivery and install! One of the customer service agents said because it was a 2014 model she adjusted the dates! Who does this? I gave her the correct dates and she goes ahead and decides to adjust them? Right then and there I felt insulted! Then getting a tech appointment was impossible due to the rigid hours. They wouldn't even schedule us a Saturday appointment! The hours are not flexible for working people; this took a couple weeks before someone actually was able to come out! Speaking of hours, their customer service is highly lacking on the West Coast! I get off work at 3pm and still couldn't get through because GE was closed (they are based out of South Dakota!).

I have NOT experienced ANY customer service with GE! This is a complete disservice to loyal customers of GE. I will never purchase another item from them! I am going to call Home Depot corporate and put it on record that GE does not have any type of customer service and that you are not following through on the warranty and all the hassle and runaround that I have gotten!

Original review: June 5, 2017

I purchased an entire kitchen's worth of GE Monogram appliances in April 2016. They were delivered May 11, 2016. The dishwasher didn't work at all and I had to go pick up a replacement myself from the retailer's warehouse while the installers were here so that they could install it that day. The dishwasher is very quiet, but doesn't get water hot even after running water in my sink until it's at its hottest and it doesn't dry the dishes even on the Max Dry setting. Additionally, the oven part of my gas range would not light.

I waited a week for a service call to find out the igniter was bad and then another week to have the igniter replaced only to find out that the entire control panel for the range was bad. The retailer I bought from eventually agreed to replace my entire range with new since it had never worked properly. That new range was delivered on 6/3/2016. Now, almost 1 year to the day, my range won't light again. It is an utter disappointment that a company that has been manufacturing appliances for as long as GE has that they are unable to manufacture a quality product that lasts more than 1 year. I wish I had never purchased my GE appliances.

Original review: May 26, 2017

Installed new Monogram 48" Rangetop Model ZGU486NDP7SS and griddle did not heat hot enough to cook pancakes or bacon. After 15 months of calling service department and at least 8 service calls during which every part in the griddle system was changed, some twice, with no improvement - Monogram finally swapped the unit for a new one. After waiting 30 min with the griddle set at 450 deg the griddle surface settled out at 230 deg and would go no higher. I know of two other Monogram griddle owners who say they cannot cook bacon on their griddles either. There is clearly a design flaw here and a false advertisement in their owner's manual stating "The griddle is thermostatically controlled and can be set to maintain any temperature from 200F to 450F. I want to warn all potential customers of Monogram units with griddles that the griddles will likely not heat up enough to cook much of anything. DON'T BUY THIS.

Original review: May 20, 2017

I have had my range since 2008. Not knowing the longevity on ranges or how long they normally last, fortunately I have not had any trouble until recently. Of course just my luck right at Christmas time the wires leading to work the oven burned out making it impossible to cook my Christmas dinner. Everything else works on the range but the oven. Repair man said it will cost more to repair than to buy new. Ready mixed reviews is confusing, making it difficult to decide what to take the chance on purchasing. After reading reviews, it sounds like whatever issues you may have on GE Ranges you are pretty much stuck with it.

Original review: May 16, 2017

I have purchase this range a year and a half ago and it has given me problems from day one. I had the repairman here while it was on the warranty five times now. Every single light on the control panel went on. It's not working. I called and they tell me, “Well there's nothing we can do and you don't have extended warranty.” This is the worst customer service. They don't want to help me at all. They don't even consider that there has been problems from the beginning and I feel like I bought a defective oven. That I even had a problem with the top broiler. It stopped working. Is just an issue after issues. I will never be purchasing a GE again and I don't recommend this product or any GE products to anyone. The worse customer service ever. For this price I would expect something that would last a little longer. I'm so disappointed. I'm sick to my stomach.

GE Washing Machines expert review by ConsumerAffairs

GE has been in business for more than 100 years and is one of the most recognized names in American manufacturing. It introduced one of the first mass-market electric stovetops in 1928: the Calrod Electric Range.

• Flexible choices: GE offers a variety of product lines designed specifically for small homes, large homes or businesses.

• Robust warranties: GE offers extensive warranties on all of its products, usually with the inclusion of home visits from maintenance personnel.

• GE Fits! Guarantee: GE guarantees that it can find a cooking appliance that will perfectly match the existing dimensions of a client's old appliance.

• Extensive special features: GE includes a variety of special features for select models, ranging from advanced software to the latest in induction technology and more.

• Made in America: GE guarantees that most of its appliances are designed and manufactured in the United States, and provides information outlining what percentage of an appliance's components were made in the U.S.

• Best for: Users cooking for one, users cooking for families and users cooking for businesses.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs