1.23/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

472 LG Ranges Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

I wrote a review earlier about how the burner on the stove turns on if you brush up against the knobs. It does this without you even being aware and the next thing you know the ** house is burning down. This happened 3 different times and luckily I was still in the house when this happened. One time I was getting ready for work and had my dinner packed in a nylon bag and just before I left for work I heard something sizzling in the kitchen and the whole ** bag was on fire. Not happy about this ** at all.

Anyway I left one of these reviews earlier asking for advice on what I could do about the situation since LG does not give a ** about these problems according to other reviews. But since my last review a couple of hours ago I went to church and then came home to cook dinner and I realized the only solution to my problem with this hazardous ** stove that cost about $1,700 if you pay full price is to remove the knobs and keep them off at all times and only use them while you are cooking. I now keep them in a bowl on top of the stove and my mind will be at ease especially when I’m not at home. In one review the ** dog turned the stove on while the people were away. LG gives not one ** about this problem. I hope this helps someone else who is at wit's end. Good luck.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

The knobs on my NEW THREE MONTH OLD stove are so touchie I’ve turned them on without even knowing, and have it catch on fire on my glass top and burned myself trying to put it out. This was on 7/21/18. I called the company and emailed SEVERAL times. Getting told, they will get back to me even after I told them how dangerous the knobs are and it happens all the time. I told them I’m scared children or adults can seriously be burned. Then I sent them pictures and kept getting the runaround because I didn’t need to go to the emergency room they said. (I was not trying to sue them) just let them know how dangerous it is. I now have permanent fire damage on my three month old glass stove top. I asked if they could fix it and the phone supervisor (accidentally) hung up on me when I called back with my case number. They said they have no record of me calling at all. And have not seen the faxed pictures they told me to send.

Then today 12/7/18 same thing happened and once again. This time a big fire we had to put out. Now my pretty glass top stove looks terrible but lucky no major fire damage - just a terrible looking stove. The sad thing is I have LG stove, microwave, refrigerator, washer and dryer. You think a big company like their’s would take this seriously.

Get expert buying tips about Ranges, Ovens, and Stoves delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

I tried to EasyClean feature three times and it did not work. Then I called LG multiple times. They finally sent out their technician who agreed that it is not working. He recommended I called priority services and they said we can’t do anything about it because the oven is still functioning correctly. I contacted the Better Business Bureau of New Jersey and had many email conversations with them and LG headquarters and the final decision was I’m supposed to use three or four different types of chemicals to clean the oven because their feature does not work. We are in our 70s and scraping back of oven is not an option, only bought this oven because of the EasyClean feature.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

Major issue: EASY CLEAN is not. There is no self clean feature which seems unbelievable in a $775 range. We like others (we with two new knees) used the easy clean three times exactly how suggested in Manual. Also after 2 phone calls (and later 3 emails) was told to bake at 375 degrees with water (like in easy clean method). Later told to try mixing vinegar and baking soda. NO luck. If I may also mention setting the timer to either bake start/stop or to simply use the timer usually turns oven off. Not sure how to overcome or understand that process. There are a few other suggestions but if only the oven would get clean we could use the oven w uncovered dishes, steaks, etc.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

BEWARE! Just bought the newest electric LG range and I was deceived by the EASY CLEAN feature! This does nothing! No self cleaning feature on an expensive oven! What a joke! I tried to clean hard cooked on food and where I scrubbed it actually damaged the enamel on the bottom. Would never had bought oven if I had known there was not self-clean. I have bought LG before and it always had a self clean. I will never buy another LG without the self cleaning feature. They should advertise better and let consumers know there is no SELF-CLEANING ON THIS OVEN!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG TV?

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

I bought a kitchen package and felt I was getting quality top of the line products. I am so disappointed with the easy clean function that does nothing and completely shocked it did not have the regular self clean function that I have had on all my stoves for over 20 years. I feel I went backwards on features. Oven works good and I like the convection feature. But cannot get it clean can’t use oven cleaner and thought oven cleaning in my past.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

I purchased the LG gas convection range in Aug 2016. It's been a learning curve getting used to the gas convection oven mode, I previously had a dual fuel range, using electric convection (worked great). One of the reasons for purchase was the angled and higher control knobs, which I thought would take care of turning the knobs on accidentally. My 12 year old Kenmore Elite range exploded inside while on self cleaning cycle (glad I was home & in the kitchen when it happened). I turned on the knobs accidentally on the Kenmore often, hated that. So got the LG.

Well I was still able to turn on the knobs by brushing against them, like others have stated. Definitely a design hazard. So I quickly went to Target and got the childproof knobs covers. I placed them on the 2 outside knobs on the right and left side burners. This left the middle knob uncovered on each side. The covers fit perfectly and NO MORE accidental turning on knobs. I can use all the controls without difficulty.

Now the Easy Clean is a joke. It worked two times initially, since then it does nothing except pool water in my oven. The program is 10 minutes per the manual and timer on the range. I now see it says 20 minutes on the website, Hmmmm. At any rate when the cycle is done, the oven isn't warm and the water is COLD. So I'm using the self clean mode, we'll see if it does better. I don't use my oven much. Otherwise, I am fairly happy so far, paid $1600 for the LG. I loved my Kenmore Elite and had no problems until the elements blew up inside & damaged the oven, out of warranty. I hope I get 12 years on this one, glad I purchased extended warranty for 5 years.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

We purchased an LG LSG4513ST gas oven in Nov 2016. We do not recommend the oven. The oven has never functioned correctly. We purchased the oven from Lowe’s with a 5 year extended warranty. We have had numerous service calls without success. The oven will not stay on after programming.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

Unprofessional technical support. Unhelpful customer service. We purchased the LG electric range model LSE4613ST last October 2017. In May 2018 the two big front burners ceased operating well - now it takes twice longer time to heat up than it used to be, and while I'm cooking the burners don't keep the heat evenly. I called LG customer service and on May 29th, 2018 (I took a day off at my work), LG technician came to my house and just by holding his hand close to the working burner was able to tell me that there is no issue. Manual diagnostic? I explained to him that it was not like that for eight months that I used the range every day, and I wanted to show him during the cooking process what is wrong, but I didn't get the chance, for he left my house telling me that he knows better.

I called customer service and complained. To my surprise, I was told that I have a scheduled visit for June 6th, 2018, in order to replace some parts. Believe it or not, on that date, nobody came and moreover nobody contacted me to cancel the appointment. I spent my day off my work for nothing. I called LG customer service again, just to hear that they know nothing about the visit and that my file was transferred to the other department. Then I escalated the issue to the social media. A couple of weeks later I've got a call from LG to inform me that the next Friday I'm going to receive a call from the Executive department. No more details were supplied. Guess what? Nobody called.

I called LG back next week and I was told that Friday was a mistake, and I'm going to receive the call some day later. I'm still waiting. LG failed again. Now about very DANGEROUS issue - the knobs of the several models, including mine, are easily turned on just by bumping the knob. You won't even notice it. If you google the issue, there are so many negative comments about the stove. Here some of them: https://www.consumeraffairs.com/homeowners/lg_range.html

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

Beware! I thought my new LG oven was "self-cleaning". After all it says "Easy Clean" on the selection on the top of the range. "Easy Clean" is NOT easy. It involves: pre-scraping; using water with very low temperatures; and a LOT of elbow grease with non-stick scrubbers after the 20 minute process. I am SO disappointed in this aspect of what is otherwise a great oven and range. LG -- you need to fix this issue going forward!!! I am way too old to be down on my hands and knees scrubbing my oven. This is pathetic...and an all day process.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

I purchased an LG free standing electric range model LRE3193ST in Nov of 2017 at Lowe's and 7 months later the oven blew up! I'd been having problems with the temp since I first bought the range. I bought a thermometer to check and help regulate the heat because if I set it to 350 it would heat up to 275 and if I set it to 425 it would either go to 375 or to 500. Sometimes one side of the oven would be hotter than the other. When it blew up I heard a very loud bang. The inside of the range is completely warped and the oven paint coating is blistering off. This is now also a health risk. I'm afraid to turn the oven on.

I called Lowe's and because it was within the first year the range was still under factory warranty they referred me to LG. And that's where the nightmares begin. It has been since July of 2018 that I have been attempting to get this range repaired. LG makes service appointments with providers who don't work in my area or are out of business. I had one provider tell me they don't repair LG products anymore.

I have talked to about 6 LG supervisors from in the US and about 25 LG customer service persons from the Philippines. I have been hung up on, I've been left on hold 56 minutes at times, one "supervisor" actually snapped at me. every time I talk to someone they promise to call back but never do. They give me repair order numbers, I have about 25 of them, and one supervisor went as far as to give me her email. Once I emailed her, the email was returned undelivered, when I called her back I was told no one with that name exists. I went back to Lowe's hoping for some assistance and they got the same runaround. I am now in the process of contacting the attorney General Consumer Reporting and have vowed to put up as may bad revues as possible. I will never purchase another LG product again or go to a Lowe's or Home Depot to purchase an appliance. LG is the worst. Don't buy it.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

LG Easy Clean option is a terrible oven. It will not get clean using water. Customer Service recommend using a scrapper, but not too harsh. Cannot use chemical cleaning. Water alone and scrapper will not fully clean oven. Extremely dissatisfied. I thought the easy clean option meant "self cleaning". Do not buy this product unless you don't care about having a spot free oven. Did not get my monies worth. Paid 800 dollars, why would I think it didn't come with a self cleaning option?

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

My range is only 4 months old. The front of the door is falling off and the bottom drawer is rusty. I’ve been trying for a month to get service. All I get is the run around. I was on hold twice for over 35 minutes only to be disconnected. Now I am told someone will contact me... yea, right!!! I’ll NEVER buy another LG!!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

Poor design and cheap materials. I am worried that the knobs can be turned accidentally by just brushing up against them and cause gas to be released into the home. Has happened a couple of times now. Also the interior glass on the doors gets filthy and is almost impossible to clean.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

Easy clean. Does not clean. Did it twice. Did nothing. The heat not high enough to do anything. The water in the bottom of oven is not hot enough, I’m at a loss of what to do, can’t use chemicals or abrasives. My last oven lasted 25 years. Can’t imagine this lasting 5.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

LG RANGE IS EXTREMELY DANGEROUS. The control knobs can go on incredibly easily... such as just brushing by them. DO NOT BUY THIS. LG will be in court over this one for sure, if they don't make a fix soon. VERY VERY VERY VERY BAD DESIGN, what were they thinking?

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

I've had LG phones with good luck, and I the look of this oven, but my previous two Whirlpool ovens performed better and were easier to clean up. The surface of this oven is for some reason hard to clean. Also, with hand washing using mild dish detergent, the print on the knobs is wearing off, and the stove is only a year and a half old. Because it's considered cosmetic, and over one year old, LG will not replace the knobs. I've never seen this happen, and at $45.00 per knob, am not pleased about having to replace them at 1 and 1/2 years. I won't be buying LG again and I won't be recommending.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

The knobs on the oven are not safe and are a fire hazard. All you have to do is lean against them a tad and the eyes will turn on. If you have children or animals you do not want this oven in your house. DO Not leave any items on the stove top because the knobs are so sensitive you will start a fire. They need to recall and fix this issue before a fire from this stove/oven causes deaths.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

Our electric glass top range/double oven stove is the worst ever! The knobs are SO sensitive and we have accidentally kicked them on numerous times by leaning against the stove when gathering in the kitchen and even by reaching up into the cabinet or microwave that is over the stove and hitting the knobs with our stomach or hips. Thank goodness we have always been home when this has happened and have been able to quickly address the melted cutting boards (2) and scissors that have been on the stove when accidentally turned on.

Also, we're very lucky that our dog knows better than to jump on the counters when we are not home or else I could see him turning on the stove and burning down our house with himself in it. I have called LG multiple times about this and each time I am assured someone will call me back but still no return call! To make matters worse, SafetyFirst brand makes knob covers to childproof these types of stoves, but LG's knobs are too large for the standard protectors. It's like LG aims to get a good laugh at people's houses burning down because of their faulty products! We really wish we got a Whirlpool!!!

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

I've had my LG double oven gas range for two years. In that amount of time, we have had countless accidental turn-ons of the burners. We would be putting away dishes and smell propane...whoops, somebody bumped the knobs. We'd be preparing a salad and whoops...somebody bumped the knobs. We'd be walking by with laundry on the way past to the laundry room and whoops...somebody bumped the knob. Final straw, my son was cooking with his girlfriend making dinner for us all. She reached into a cabinet near the stove and bumped the burner knob. The front burner turned on and nearly caught her shirt on fire, right in front of me. This is ** ridiculous! If you have kids DO NOT BUY THIS STOVE! If you have teenagers that cook DO NOT BUY THIS STOVE! If you have people that walk by your kitchen DO NOT BUY THIS STOVE! THERE ARE SO LOOK MANY COMPLAINTS! Somebody is going to get injured or killed!

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

I was quite happy with my LG electric (glass-top, stainless steel) range until, this weekend, the oven simply stopped working. That means no broiler, no oven, no self-cleaning. Based on my description to our authorized LG repair outfit in my city, I'm told it's going to cost $195 ($220 with taxes) + $120 for the repair ($138 with taxes). That's $358 total!! After spending well over $1000 only 3 years ago for this appliance, I'm infuriated.

I called another company in town that repairs LGs and they said that people are lucky if they last 5 years, and that most of the time, within 2 years there are issues. She actually said that their company recommends that people keep their old ranges as long as they can. I was flabbergasted. I can't afford a new range right now so I'm going to get this thing repaired, but believe me, I will never buy an LG product again. I just hope the LG dishwasher and fridge I bought will last a longer. No customer loyalty here, that's for sure.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

The control knobs can be slightly bumped and the gas is turned on! This has happened several times in with our LG range. We have to reach above to get to our above the range LG microwave and bump the control knobs. Usually we notice the smell of gas pretty quick however one night my husband cleaned the kitchen and went to bed. I came home later that night, after a long day of work/travel, to find my house filled with gas! My husband and daughter were both upstairs asleep but THANK GOD they were okay. My husband likely bumped the knob when cleaning or reaching in the microwave. The control knobs are completely unsafe and are seriously life threatening! LG needs to recall these! Something needs to be done! PLEASE.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

The stove and oven work fine. The major problem is the “Easy Clean” function is totally worthless. After only 4 months of use the oven has baked on stains that will not come off no matter how many times we us the Easy Clean. Some models have the old fashion cleaning function using high heat. The one we bought does not have that function. We are afraid to use aftermarket oven cleaners because we were told it would damage the blue enamel. Would not suggest this model to anyone. The model number is LRE 3061.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

The LG gas double oven range that we bought in January of 2018 needs to be recalled. If you happen to bump the knobs by accident it turns the gas on without lighting it. We have been in the lower level of our home and then come back upstairs only to have the house filled with gas smell. It is going to blow up somebody’s home sooner or later. Please recall this stove.

Original review: July 20, 2018

Control knobs will turn on with a slight bump. Has burned items on my stove because was caught by someone in my household. Smoke alarms going off and rooms filled with smoke. THIS IS A SAFETY ISSUE!!! LG refuses to acknowledge or correct the problem, despite numerous consumers having the same exact complaint. They have denied my request for a fix. I check recalls every week just expecting to find this range on the list, but not yet. I hope it doesn’t take a serious incident for this to be addressed. I'm hoping a lawyer will file a class action suit against LG. Costco says they must go thru the manufacture for this problem. Who will pay for my house if it burns down because of this stove?

Original review: July 19, 2018

LG refusing to act to repair safety concern. LG gas stove is overheating during self clean cycle to a point that it damaging kitchen cabinets. According to LG statement air vent is at the stove bottom but it is in fact at the top vent. That was a head technician recommended to check our kitchen cabinets instead of dealing with design issue. The knobs are unsafe and turn on by just touching. LG please smarten up and work to correct problems that your appliances causing. Somebody is going to be hurt.

Original review: July 16, 2018

Control knobs will turn on with a slight bump and if you don’t notice it fills your home with gas. I have also reached into the cabinet above and bumped the knob causing it to ignite and almost catching my clothes on fire. This range should be fixed or replaced! Very very dangerous!!!

Original review: July 14, 2018

LG gas range, purchased July 2015, not sure of the model. Beautiful appliance (hence the 2 stars instead of 1), but some issues: The 2 front burners on the cook top (the ones I use most), don't always want to ignite (have to check visually to make sure). A few months ago, started noticing that the oven would preheat correctly but not hold its temperature, so couldn't rely on it. Started getting 'F9 Heat Error' while attempting to preheat, then the igniter failed entirely and had to be replaced. Cost me a few hundred bucks.

Tonight, about an hour after turning the oven off, we heard a *crash* in the kitchen. I ran out to find that the outer glass on the oven door had shattered into a million bits and there was broken glass all over the floor. No one in the kitchen and nothing in the oven. Hours later, I'm still hearing cracking and glass falling. This is dangerous. Thankfully it didn't happen while my dog was home alone. Not sure what to do at this point, whether it's worth the cost of another repair or if I can even trust it, should I decide to go that way. The range was pricey, and I'd hoped to get good and reliable use of it for a long time. Didn't expect to have problems within 3 years, certainly not 2 major problems within a month. Never bought LG before, probably won't again. Pretty disappointed, and wouldn't recommend to others, based on my experience.

Original review: July 12, 2018

Design flaw in LG gas burner knob - Seriously, some lawyer needs to file a national class action complaint. This stove is not “fit for its intended purpose,” which is a violation of the nationwide Uniform Commercial Code. As many other commenters have expressed, it’s a death trap. I cannot count how many times I’ve discovered the burner on and flowing gas—when I did not knowingly turn it on. It is unconscionable for LG not to fix this. Please, will some class action lawyer step up?!

Original review: July 9, 2018

I have model LSSE3026ST (LG Studio electric range). As others have reported, the stovetop turns on with the slightest bump of a knob. We have had dinner guests help in the kitchen and accidentally turn on the stove. My husband and I have accidentally turned the stove on numerous times as we reach into a cabinet or the microwave. I have to check the stove each time I leave the house because I am terrified that somebody in our house may have accidentally bumped a knob and turned the stove on. THIS IS A SAFETY ISSUE!!! LG refuses to acknowledge or correct the problem, despite numerous consumers having the same exact complaint. They have denied my request for a fix. I check recalls every week just expecting to find this range on the list, but not yet. I hope it doesn’t take a serious incident for this to be addressed.

LG TV expert review by ConsumerAffairs

LG's history stretches back to 1947 when "Lucky" (Luk-Hai) was founded in Korea to produce plastics and other consumer goods. Since then it has become one of the biggest brand names in consumer electronics and appliances across the world.

• Large capacity options: Although LG doesn't offer an industrial product line, it maintains a variety of large capacity consumer units, giving users the benefits of increased space while maintaining in-home styling.

• Flexible support: LG gives consumers a variety of ways to pursue support issues, including easy phone calls, email or live chat support. In many cases, users can quickly schedule an in-home visit online.

• Extensive heating options: LG offers one of the largest arrays of model choices for consumers interested in convection or induction heating.

• Styling: LG has been recognized by several consumer groups for its commitment to providing best-in-class styling for its kitchen appliances.

• Smart home integration: LG maintains a company-wide smart home initiative, so its cooking appliances often come with an array of software and other electronics features for integration into a smart home.

• Best for: Users cooking for one and users cooking for families.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs