LG Ranges

3.8/5 (358 ratings)

About LG Ranges

LG Ranges Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Ranges?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Ranges?

Original review: Feb. 13, 2021

Words can not describe the joy I have when I use and even more appropriately when I clean up after my husband cooks. I never liked or would even consider electric cooking before, but this is an absolute dream. A pot boils over? No problem. Use a rag and wipe it up even when the pot is still cooking, it lowers the heat the minute you turn down the temperature and if you pick up the pan and walk away, the burner shuts itself off. I have considered an electric oven before but with the convection and induction features, I feel like I have died and gone to the great kitchen in the sky. I know that sounds a little extreme but after dealing with a messy stove top & an oven that I have to get down on my hands & knees to clean, this is really a God-send.

I also got a great deal on my appliance from eBay. Even had a manufacture's warranty. LG has been our go to brand for T.V.'s, fridge and now my kitchen. The only draw back is trying to find pans that don't cost a fortune and are of good quality, also someone that can tell me why my cast iron griddle cracked in half when I tried to heat it up to cook a steak. Not a major problem. Just would like some answers.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2021

I have the digital & my daughter has the knob. I prefer mine. Hers are in the front & too easy to hit! I love the glass too for easy cleanup after my husband cooks. Heating is responsive and quick heating. Takes a few uses to get use to the quick boil burners. The broiler heats very quickly & have to watch carefully. I would recommend. I had another LG and after 2 years the digital clock went out but everything else works.

Get buying tips about Ranges, Ovens, and Stoves delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2021

This stove has so many different and extra things it can do that it is a great product. It being a flat top, it is easy to clean and keep clean. The burners have very fast heating elements that heat very quickly and there is even a warming burner. They cool off relatively quick also. The oven has several different functions as far as not being just a regular oven, has auto conversion and proof and several other settings besides just bake. The light turns off when you open or close the door which is great because it is never left on by accident. The oven is so very easy to keep clean, the dripped food cleans off extremely easy.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2021

I have purchased several LG kitchen appliances. The overall quality is good, lots of convenience features and pleasant appearance. When they are working they are great. However if you ever need LG repair service have patience. They are the worst for scheduling your service and even worst still to actually get a technician to your appliance. This means that you are without the use of your appliance for up to 90 days or longer. Also the appliances are expensive and the warranty is only 1 year, which is standard and really burns me. When you spend nearly $2000 for an electric stove and the manufacturer only puts a 1 year warranty on it, that says something about how it was made and the level of confidence the manufacturer has in their product. I prefer American made products but sadly there aren’t many major appliances that are American made anymore.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2021

I purchased my LG oven range combo when I remodeled my kitchen in 2017. I chose this product because it had the convection as well as standard oven option and flat glass top burners. I need all the prep space I can find in a tiny floor plan - so the flat top was essential. I would say the burners all work equally well and the quick boil feature is something I use often. The warming center might be the only feature I really don't use. As for the oven, I have had convection in the past & was excited to have that option in this. This oven tends to run a little high in temperature in both the convection and the standard. 3 years later I am still tweaking my recipes and cook times to ensure the right balance of time and temperature. The features are great to have but the calibration seems a little off. That's why I gave it 4 stars rather than 5.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Nov. 14, 2021

We purchased our LG electric range in 2016 for remodel. It worked great for approximately 3 years & then the heating would not work properly, I have to set the heating at 425 to reach 350 temperature. Of course at this point it is out of warranty. I’ve had a LG service repair man out to fix & he could not figure out what it could be. I paid for his service & it actually worked properly for about 2 weeks then back to low heat. I’ve never had any problems with ovens. We bought all new LG appliances in the black stainless & no problems with them but the electric range is a fail. Will never buy anything LG ever again.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Oct. 29, 2021

After three deliveries of same electric LG double convection oven exactly a year ago, finally had one that worked. We have had no problems with the heat in ovens but the black glasstop has spots beneath surface and burners come on by barely brushing against knobs. There should be a recall as we've come close to burning things on top of stove by accidental touch of knobs.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Oct. 6, 2021

Do not buy any LG products. Worst customer service ever. Lowe’s is awesome but LG is horrible. Delivered oven with missing enamel inside oven. Claimed Lowe’s did it then me when LG discovered it was inside oven and Lowe’s delivered out of box. In the end after more than 14 hours of phone calls to LG when I was lied to, calls not returned and multiple hang ups by their associates, they texted me their rejection to replace. Lowe’s replaced at their cost. Lowe’s gear place but stay away from LG all products. Yes.

Original review: June 20, 2021

My husband and I purchased an LG appliance package in April 2016 after I did careful research on the products that were available at the time. We got a fridge, microwave and gas range. The first problem that we had was our fridge. The compressor went out about three years in which LG fixed. Next up, about a year ago, our ice maker just stopped working. Around that same time, I heard a very loud pop in our microwave and that stopped working.

I had a tech come out to take a look and it was the entire control panel which was nearly the same amount the microwave cost in order to fix it which we ended doing. I didn't want to get another brand because this microwave has a special vent that goes above my range. The tech also looked at the refrigerator ice maker and mentioned that we may need to replace the door which is a common problem apparently. Unfortunately that is too pricey for the time being so now I have no icemaker.

Until yesterday, I've been happy with my LG Gas Range... I started getting an F9 error which means the oven isn't heating correctly. Tonight I was making dinner and the oven turned on as usual and said it was preheated. I started cooking and opened the oven to check my food. Low and behold, the oven is barely hot. I check the oven temp and it's 205 even though the temp says 400. Sounds like another problem that is going to cost me hundreds of dollars to repair.

I've only had this appliance package for 5 years. It is so disappointing to have a problem with everything I've purchased from LG. I've been making sure to tell all of my friends and family to avoid LG because of all the problems I've had. The only appliance I have in my kitchen that hasn't had any issues is my dishwasher but that's a Bosch. I'm glad I didn't get one from LG. Although the LG appliance look beautiful, please avoid them because right now I'm trying to plan meals without the use of my oven until I can get it fixed. What a disappointment.

Original review: May 30, 2021

We bought the LDE4413ST and it was installed late December 2020. Since then, we’ve had 2 fires on the cooktop. The knobs on the front are way too sensitive and turn to high with just brushing against them. A pizza box that was sitting on the stove burned up when a knob was inadvertently touched and today a microwave cover was burned up when it was placed on the stove after retrieving food from the microwave and a knob was brushed as we opened the microwave. I am removing the knobs and have told everyone not to place anything on the stove. One of the burners is now ruined from the melted plastic.

LG Ranges author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

LG's history stretches back to 1947 when "Lucky" (Luk-Hai) was founded in Korea to produce plastics and other consumer goods. Since then it has become one of the biggest brand names in consumer electronics and appliances across the world.

• Large capacity options: Although LG doesn't offer an industrial product line, it maintains a variety of large capacity consumer units, giving users the benefits of increased space while maintaining in-home styling.

• Flexible support: LG gives consumers a variety of ways to pursue support issues, including easy phone calls, email or live chat support. In many cases, users can quickly schedule an in-home visit online.

• Extensive heating options: LG offers one of the largest arrays of model choices for consumers interested in convection or induction heating.

• Styling: LG has been recognized by several consumer groups for its commitment to providing best-in-class styling for its kitchen appliances.

• Smart home integration: LG maintains a company-wide smart home initiative, so its cooking appliances often come with an array of software and other electronics features for integration into a smart home.

LG Ranges Company Information