1.28/5

458 LG Ranges Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

Easy clean. Does not clean. Did it twice. Did nothing. The heat not high enough to do anything. The water in the bottom of oven is not hot enough, I’m at a loss of what to do, can’t use chemicals or abrasives. My last oven lasted 25 years. Can’t imagine this lasting 5.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

LG RANGE IS EXTREMELY DANGEROUS. The control knobs can go on incredibly easily... such as just brushing by them. DO NOT BUY THIS. LG will be in court over this one for sure, if they don't make a fix soon. VERY VERY VERY VERY BAD DESIGN, what were they thinking?

Get expert buying tips about Ranges, Ovens, and Stoves delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

I've had LG phones with good luck, and I the look of this oven, but my previous two Whirlpool ovens performed better and were easier to clean up. The surface of this oven is for some reason hard to clean. Also, with hand washing using mild dish detergent, the print on the knobs is wearing off, and the stove is only a year and a half old. Because it's considered cosmetic, and over one year old, LG will not replace the knobs. I've never seen this happen, and at $45.00 per knob, am not pleased about having to replace them at 1 and 1/2 years. I won't be buying LG again and I won't be recommending.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

The knobs on the oven are not safe and are a fire hazard. All you have to do is lean against them a tad and the eyes will turn on. If you have children or animals you do not want this oven in your house. DO Not leave any items on the stove top because the knobs are so sensitive you will start a fire. They need to recall and fix this issue before a fire from this stove/oven causes deaths.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

Our electric glass top range/double oven stove is the worst ever! The knobs are SO sensitive and we have accidentally kicked them on numerous times by leaning against the stove when gathering in the kitchen and even by reaching up into the cabinet or microwave that is over the stove and hitting the knobs with our stomach or hips. Thank goodness we have always been home when this has happened and have been able to quickly address the melted cutting boards (2) and scissors that have been on the stove when accidentally turned on.

Also, we're very lucky that our dog knows better than to jump on the counters when we are not home or else I could see him turning on the stove and burning down our house with himself in it. I have called LG multiple times about this and each time I am assured someone will call me back but still no return call! To make matters worse, SafetyFirst brand makes knob covers to childproof these types of stoves, but LG's knobs are too large for the standard protectors. It's like LG aims to get a good laugh at people's houses burning down because of their faulty products! We really wish we got a Whirlpool!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG TV?

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

I've had my LG double oven gas range for two years. In that amount of time, we have had countless accidental turn-ons of the burners. We would be putting away dishes and smell propane...whoops, somebody bumped the knobs. We'd be preparing a salad and whoops...somebody bumped the knobs. We'd be walking by with laundry on the way past to the laundry room and whoops...somebody bumped the knob. Final straw, my son was cooking with his girlfriend making dinner for us all. She reached into a cabinet near the stove and bumped the burner knob. The front burner turned on and nearly caught her shirt on fire, right in front of me. This is ** ridiculous! If you have kids DO NOT BUY THIS STOVE! If you have teenagers that cook DO NOT BUY THIS STOVE! If you have people that walk by your kitchen DO NOT BUY THIS STOVE! THERE ARE SO LOOK MANY COMPLAINTS! Somebody is going to get injured or killed!

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

I was quite happy with my LG electric (glass-top, stainless steel) range until, this weekend, the oven simply stopped working. That means no broiler, no oven, no self-cleaning. Based on my description to our authorized LG repair outfit in my city, I'm told it's going to cost $195 ($220 with taxes) + $120 for the repair ($138 with taxes). That's $358 total!! After spending well over $1000 only 3 years ago for this appliance, I'm infuriated.

I called another company in town that repairs LGs and they said that people are lucky if they last 5 years, and that most of the time, within 2 years there are issues. She actually said that their company recommends that people keep their old ranges as long as they can. I was flabbergasted. I can't afford a new range right now so I'm going to get this thing repaired, but believe me, I will never buy an LG product again. I just hope the LG dishwasher and fridge I bought will last a longer. No customer loyalty here, that's for sure.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

The control knobs can be slightly bumped and the gas is turned on! This has happened several times in with our LG range. We have to reach above to get to our above the range LG microwave and bump the control knobs. Usually we notice the smell of gas pretty quick however one night my husband cleaned the kitchen and went to bed. I came home later that night, after a long day of work/travel, to find my house filled with gas! My husband and daughter were both upstairs asleep but THANK GOD they were okay. My husband likely bumped the knob when cleaning or reaching in the microwave. The control knobs are completely unsafe and are seriously life threatening! LG needs to recall these! Something needs to be done! PLEASE.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

The stove and oven work fine. The major problem is the “Easy Clean” function is totally worthless. After only 4 months of use the oven has baked on stains that will not come off no matter how many times we us the Easy Clean. Some models have the old fashion cleaning function using high heat. The one we bought does not have that function. We are afraid to use aftermarket oven cleaners because we were told it would damage the blue enamel. Would not suggest this model to anyone. The model number is LRE 3061.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

The LG gas double oven range that we bought in January of 2018 needs to be recalled. If you happen to bump the knobs by accident it turns the gas on without lighting it. We have been in the lower level of our home and then come back upstairs only to have the house filled with gas smell. It is going to blow up somebody’s home sooner or later. Please recall this stove.

Original review: July 20, 2018

Control knobs will turn on with a slight bump. Has burned items on my stove because was caught by someone in my household. Smoke alarms going off and rooms filled with smoke. THIS IS A SAFETY ISSUE!!! LG refuses to acknowledge or correct the problem, despite numerous consumers having the same exact complaint. They have denied my request for a fix. I check recalls every week just expecting to find this range on the list, but not yet. I hope it doesn’t take a serious incident for this to be addressed. I'm hoping a lawyer will file a class action suit against LG. Costco says they must go thru the manufacture for this problem. Who will pay for my house if it burns down because of this stove?

Original review: July 19, 2018

LG refusing to act to repair safety concern. LG gas stove is overheating during self clean cycle to a point that it damaging kitchen cabinets. According to LG statement air vent is at the stove bottom but it is in fact at the top vent. That was a head technician recommended to check our kitchen cabinets instead of dealing with design issue. The knobs are unsafe and turn on by just touching. LG please smarten up and work to correct problems that your appliances causing. Somebody is going to be hurt.

Original review: July 16, 2018

Control knobs will turn on with a slight bump and if you don’t notice it fills your home with gas. I have also reached into the cabinet above and bumped the knob causing it to ignite and almost catching my clothes on fire. This range should be fixed or replaced! Very very dangerous!!!

Original review: July 14, 2018

LG gas range, purchased July 2015, not sure of the model. Beautiful appliance (hence the 2 stars instead of 1), but some issues: The 2 front burners on the cook top (the ones I use most), don't always want to ignite (have to check visually to make sure). A few months ago, started noticing that the oven would preheat correctly but not hold its temperature, so couldn't rely on it. Started getting 'F9 Heat Error' while attempting to preheat, then the igniter failed entirely and had to be replaced. Cost me a few hundred bucks.

Tonight, about an hour after turning the oven off, we heard a *crash* in the kitchen. I ran out to find that the outer glass on the oven door had shattered into a million bits and there was broken glass all over the floor. No one in the kitchen and nothing in the oven. Hours later, I'm still hearing cracking and glass falling. This is dangerous. Thankfully it didn't happen while my dog was home alone. Not sure what to do at this point, whether it's worth the cost of another repair or if I can even trust it, should I decide to go that way. The range was pricey, and I'd hoped to get good and reliable use of it for a long time. Didn't expect to have problems within 3 years, certainly not 2 major problems within a month. Never bought LG before, probably won't again. Pretty disappointed, and wouldn't recommend to others, based on my experience.

Original review: July 12, 2018

Design flaw in LG gas burner knob - Seriously, some lawyer needs to file a national class action complaint. This stove is not “fit for its intended purpose,” which is a violation of the nationwide Uniform Commercial Code. As many other commenters have expressed, it’s a death trap. I cannot count how many times I’ve discovered the burner on and flowing gas—when I did not knowingly turn it on. It is unconscionable for LG not to fix this. Please, will some class action lawyer step up?!

Original review: July 9, 2018

I have model LSSE3026ST (LG Studio electric range). As others have reported, the stovetop turns on with the slightest bump of a knob. We have had dinner guests help in the kitchen and accidentally turn on the stove. My husband and I have accidentally turned the stove on numerous times as we reach into a cabinet or the microwave. I have to check the stove each time I leave the house because I am terrified that somebody in our house may have accidentally bumped a knob and turned the stove on. THIS IS A SAFETY ISSUE!!! LG refuses to acknowledge or correct the problem, despite numerous consumers having the same exact complaint. They have denied my request for a fix. I check recalls every week just expecting to find this range on the list, but not yet. I hope it doesn’t take a serious incident for this to be addressed.

Original review: July 5, 2018

Purchased the 7.3 cu. ft. Electric Double Oven Range with ProBake Convection (LDE4415ST), EasyClean and Infrared Heating System on 9/17/2016. I love the double oven. I notice the knobs do turn on the burner very easily. My biggest issue is the printed numbers on the knobs have worn off 3 times so far. I have only used the Weiman stove top cleaner and sometimes Windex to clean the top. I have replaced the knobs 3 times because I can no longer see the numbers. My current set is starting to go, not sure what if anything can be done, getting tired of replacing knobs! There is also a white residue on the burner, seems like it's inside the glass though.

Original review: June 29, 2018

LG LRG4115ST - So I kept hounding them about my range knobs turning easily and not being able to find knob covers. They finally send out a tech to "see what he can do", when he called, I told him what was going on and he tells me he has replacement parts as part of a recall. Why would they not notify anyone about this!

Original review: June 20, 2018

As others have mentioned, we initially bought the model based on the positive reviews we found online. However we too have had multiple issues with the knobs being turned on and gas being on without the burners. The knobs are very, very sensitive and a tiny bump just brushing the knobs will turn it on. Our children are teenagers, but we even looked for baby proof covers because we are so nervous around this stove.

It has become a routine to check the knobs multiple times and we ourselves have found the gas on at almost every party we have had just because as others have said walking by and brushing the knob will turn the gas on. We have a party this weekend and are using packing tape to ensure that guests don't accidentally turn on the knobs when they brush against the stove. Honestly if I had another $2,000 to drop on a stove I'd replace it right away. For anyone looking, stay, far far away from this stove. It is only a matter of time before someone's home or self is injured by this stove. I am honestly surprised with the amount of comments that they have not yet recalled or provided a fix for this.

Original review: June 11, 2018

Recently purchased a home with this stove in the kitchen. Within days I noticed how easy it is to bump the knob and turn on a burner! I warned my fiancé but he didn’t listen and set some paper plates on top of the stove and must’ve bumped a knob. We were getting ready to leave and happened to come back inside for something when I smelled smoke and we found the plates and their packaging in flames! Wondering when LG is going to acknowledge this problem?! Like others have said, I would feel bad even trying to give this thing away. It’s awful.

Original review: June 3, 2018

Sadly, I love the range, the oven (LSE4613ST slide in range), it is all beautiful... BUT it is an accident waiting to happen. It has been a little over a year since I purchased the range. About the same time last year I had friends staying in my place after their rental was sold out from under them. I stayed with a friend. One day I got a call from them telling me that they are not sure what happened, but one of the stove's burners turned on by itself. It was a mystery and hard to believe so we figured someone forgot to turn it off after using.

The next time it happened a towel caught on fire, and we were thinking a Poltergeist (I teased her). One day by total accident they discovered that all they had to do was brush against any one of the burner knobs and the element would go on. I called LG but wasn't able to get any assistance from them. All they said was it is not a known issue and apologized for not being able to help. I called Home Depot where I purchased it. The lady was very helpful and gave me the number to the LG guy that does repair work for Home Depot LG products. The technician stated that the knobs coming on with the slightest touch was a known issue and he would like to do an upgrade. The upgrade was at no charge. He replace the entire heat knob assembly that was suppose to make the knobs have to be pushed in a ways before you could turn it. I was ecstatic!

My friends finally found a home of their own and will be moving soon. My friend's Aunt was over there helping her pack dishware and was using the stove top to do it because there was no place to sit. My friend said she smelled smoke and ran over just in time to see the burner had just come on and was starting to burn the newspaper. My friend's Aunt does have a little bit of a tummy on her, so they figured she had pushed the knob in by accident. Obviously the upgrade did not fix it. I guess my friend and her husband had been scared to get too close to the stove, even after it was fixed, so that had prevented any more fires. Now I am going to have to get another stove or be reimbursed for this one. I doubt that will happen. But yes, I am surprised we haven't heard of someone getting really hurt by this stove.

Original review: May 16, 2018

I have found that LG LRG3081ST turns on just by walking past the stove and bumping the knob. This has happened multiple times and needs to be addressed before my house blows up. This time the stove knob must have been turned on all night because the whole house smelled of gas fumes. I have looked all over the internet this morning to find out if there is any fix for this and have been unsuccessful in finding anything. This is very frustrating and needs to be fixed. I have read that there is only one-year warranty on this stove and this is not under warranty because it's a design flaw LG needs to fix.

Original review: May 9, 2018

When looking for a new stove the salespeople at Lowe's raved about LG. We looked for reviews and they were all positive. I bought this stove in September 2017. It has multiple times turned the gas on with no flame. The knob must have been bumped. The last time the gas had run so long that we had to open windows and doors for hours in the winter to get rid of the smell. I'm afraid that my family is going to die from carbon monoxide poisoning! How can this not be recalled by the government must less LG themselves. Are they waiting for someone to die in a fire or from poisoning??? A LG repair person came and replaced the metal pieces the knobs are on. While he was doing that the gas turned on!!!. It still seems like the knobs turn VERY easily! Will never buy LG again!!

Original review: May 8, 2018

Knobs on front can be dangerous. The knobs turn very easily and turn on just by bumping into them not to mention little ones touching. I took the knobs off after my groceries burned when I set the bags on the top and went to the car to collect other bags. Waiting on a solution...

Original review: April 26, 2018

LG has caused a SAFETY HAZARD and is doing NOTHING about it! Following is a timeline of the frustrating and DANGEROUS situation we have gone through with LG in their "customer service" process. March 18, 2018 - We smelled gas from coming from our 8-month-old LG gas range, which we purchased in June 2017 and is still under warranty. We contacted our local energy provider, CenterPoint Energy. A technician immediately came out. He found gas and carbon monoxide leaking from our gas range and flagged it for leaks.

March 23 - After spending hours on the phone with LG customer service, we were finally able to get an LG technician to our house, even though our gas range should have been IMMEDIATELY RETURNED as a FIRE HAZARD. When the LG tech showed up, his device did not even have a carbon monoxide detector on it! He declared there were no gas leaks, even though four people in the house smelled an odor so strong it was causing me headaches and making me dizzy.

April 10 - After more lengthy phone calls to LG customer service, we finally got a 2nd LG service technician to come out. Even though we still smelled gas and I still had headaches, this technician also claimed to have found no leaks. April 10 - We were forced to take matters into our own hands and hired an independent plumber to conduct a gas test. This plumber was able to come out immediately after the 2nd LG technician left our house. He found gas leaking from 3 burners and carbon monoxide leaking from the oven. We reached out to LG, and after hours of being transferred from one supervisor and department to another, my call was transferred to a voicemail of someone who had not updated their personal recording since January 2018.

April 12 - We decided to reach out to the store from whom we purchased the gas range to see if that would bring any results. Our sales rep is being very helpful and has reached out to someone pretty high up in the chain at LG, although we still have no resolution. April 26 - After countless phone calls back and forth to LG, including one clueless LG representative who called and said "This is about a refrigerator, right?" we are STILL nowhere. I've called LG dozens of times only to have my call dropped or transferred from one department to another. Not only is this the WORST customer service experience I've ever had; it has put me and my family in danger of carbon monoxide poisoning. There needs to be a lawsuit filed against LG; unfortunately I am not in a financial position to file one myself, especially after losing an expensive gas range with no replacement!

Original review: April 23, 2018

I bought the gas range (LRG3061) back in November and since then I have had nothing but issues. The oven flame is over firing and the inside of the oven becomes black after use. It takes me hours to clean and it returns again after using the oven a few times. When I try to use the burners it makes the bottom of my pans black which is terrible. Each time I call LG they set me up with an appointment for a technician to come but no one ever shows up in the actual appointment date. This issue has been going on for a few months now and LG's ability to fix the problem has been disgraceful. It is a health hazard and I have spent a lot of money on this gas range and whenever I cook it turns the food black. To this date I'm still waiting for a technician to come to fix the issue.

Original review: April 18, 2018

I pulled out my oven to clean behind and under it yesterday. I have been using my lower oven more lately and it's melting my vinyl tiles! There is actually scorch marks on the floor too. Has anyone else has this happen to them?

Original review: April 18, 2018

LG Gas stove - bought this year - I just walked into the kitchen and smelled gas. This is the fourth time this has happened. I didn't use the stove today, so someone must have accidentally brushed against the stove and slightly turned the knob. There is no safety apparatus to alert you to the knob turning or that gas is leaking (stove doesn't automatically light). I can't believe in this day and age that this appliance passed any safety inspections. Thank goodness I don't have any small children, I'd get this stove out of the house immediately. As it is, I frequently go into the kitchen just to verify that none of the stove knobs are turned, I am now paranoid we are going to blow up...

Original review: April 15, 2018

I do not use my oven often and don’t understand how I can have so many splatters! Ran Easy Clean four times and it did nothing! So much harder to clean than my 20 year old oven I replaced! Top does not clean either with small divets! Received it on December 2nd 2017 and it looks like I have had it for years and use daily. Very disappointed with this purchase that I now have to live with for years to come.

Original review: April 6, 2018

I am at my wit's end. I have an LG gas stove. I have already gone through 4 sets of knobs, the original ones, 2 sets that I purchased, and 1 set that LG sent (which they told me were now made better). The set LG sent me have also broken and I am turning my stove on and off with pliers. The reason LG sent me a free set was because I called them and told them I walked into my house and smelled gas and my husband and two grandkids were asleep which was unusual. The knob on the stove looked like it was off but because it was broke it didn't turn off the gas completely. If I hadn't come home when I did it could have been very serious. I am ready to call whoever I have to to get this problem resolved. This is a problem that could be deadly. These knobs should have been recalled a long time ago especially after reading the amount of complaints about this very thing. I look forward to your response.

LG TV expert review by ConsumerAffairs

LG's history stretches back to 1947 when "Lucky" (Luk-Hai) was founded in Korea to produce plastics and other consumer goods. Since then it has become one of the biggest brand names in consumer electronics and appliances across the world.

• Large capacity options: Although LG doesn't offer an industrial product line, it maintains a variety of large capacity consumer units, giving users the benefits of increased space while maintaining in-home styling.

• Flexible support: LG gives consumers a variety of ways to pursue support issues, including easy phone calls, email or live chat support. In many cases, users can quickly schedule an in-home visit online.

• Extensive heating options: LG offers one of the largest arrays of model choices for consumers interested in convection or induction heating.

• Styling: LG has been recognized by several consumer groups for its commitment to providing best-in-class styling for its kitchen appliances.

• Smart home integration: LG maintains a company-wide smart home initiative, so its cooking appliances often come with an array of software and other electronics features for integration into a smart home.

• Best for: Users cooking for one and users cooking for families.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs