LG Ranges

LG Ranges Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Ranges?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Ranges?

Original review: Feb. 13, 2021

Words can not describe the joy I have when I use and even more appropriately when I clean up after my husband cooks. I never liked or would even consider electric cooking before, but this is an absolute dream. A pot boils over? No problem. Use a rag and wipe it up even when the pot is still cooking, it lowers the heat the minute you turn down the temperature and if you pick up the pan and walk away, the burner shuts itself off. I have considered an electric oven before but with the convection and induction features, I feel like I have died and gone to the great kitchen in the sky. I know that sounds a little extreme but after dealing with a messy stove top & an oven that I have to get down on my hands & knees to clean, this is really a God-send.

I also got a great deal on my appliance from eBay. Even had a manufacture's warranty. LG has been our go to brand for T.V.'s, fridge and now my kitchen. The only draw back is trying to find pans that don't cost a fortune and are of good quality, also someone that can tell me why my cast iron griddle cracked in half when I tried to heat it up to cook a steak. Not a major problem. Just would like some answers.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2021

I have the digital & my daughter has the knob. I prefer mine. Hers are in the front & too easy to hit! I love the glass too for easy cleanup after my husband cooks. Heating is responsive and quick heating. Takes a few uses to get use to the quick boil burners. The broiler heats very quickly & have to watch carefully. I would recommend. I had another LG and after 2 years the digital clock went out but everything else works.

Get buying tips about Ranges, Ovens, and Stoves delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2021

This stove has so many different and extra things it can do that it is a great product. It being a flat top, it is easy to clean and keep clean. The burners have very fast heating elements that heat very quickly and there is even a warming burner. They cool off relatively quick also. The oven has several different functions as far as not being just a regular oven, has auto conversion and proof and several other settings besides just bake. The light turns off when you open or close the door which is great because it is never left on by accident. The oven is so very easy to keep clean, the dripped food cleans off extremely easy.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2021

I have purchased several LG kitchen appliances. The overall quality is good, lots of convenience features and pleasant appearance. When they are working they are great. However if you ever need LG repair service have patience. They are the worst for scheduling your service and even worst still to actually get a technician to your appliance. This means that you are without the use of your appliance for up to 90 days or longer. Also the appliances are expensive and the warranty is only 1 year, which is standard and really burns me. When you spend nearly $2000 for an electric stove and the manufacturer only puts a 1 year warranty on it, that says something about how it was made and the level of confidence the manufacturer has in their product. I prefer American made products but sadly there aren’t many major appliances that are American made anymore.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2021

I purchased my LG oven range combo when I remodeled my kitchen in 2017. I chose this product because it had the convection as well as standard oven option and flat glass top burners. I need all the prep space I can find in a tiny floor plan - so the flat top was essential. I would say the burners all work equally well and the quick boil feature is something I use often. The warming center might be the only feature I really don't use. As for the oven, I have had convection in the past & was excited to have that option in this. This oven tends to run a little high in temperature in both the convection and the standard. 3 years later I am still tweaking my recipes and cook times to ensure the right balance of time and temperature. The features are great to have but the calibration seems a little off. That's why I gave it 4 stars rather than 5.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
      Original review: March 23, 2021

There are so many things we dislike about this appliance.

1. It's very difficult to judge the temperature of the cooktop. The burner turns on and off and the heat is not consistent while cooking.
      2. Extremely difficult to keep it clean. It does not clean up well even though people say it does. Even after wiping the surface clean it still has marks or rings on it.
      3. When we cook food in the oven it does not cook evenly. When we make a pizza it looks done. When we take it out and begin eating it I discover parts of the pizza that are still cold. It's very odd. The edges can look crispy but parts are still uncooked.
      4. Sometimes NEW does not mean better. The old style gas ranges are so much better than these new style appliances.
      5. Numbers on the dials are very difficult to read. Depending on the light in your kitchen you may have trouble even reading whether you have your dial set on 3 or 8, etc. The light gray print on the knobs is not contrasting enough to be easy to see. Again, an old fashioned white dial with black letters is a win win in my book.

Advice - DO NOT BUY THIS or any LG appliance - we have the microwave and the refrigerator too and don't like those either.

Original review: March 8, 2021

Loved the look of this range but told salesman I wanted self clean. He said "look it has Easy Clean". Not the same I found out 2 months later. Also my service book states I get grill pan for top of stove and small cleaning kit which I found out months later and was told not for my model... But the worst is my oven is chipping enamel - golf ball size chip. Also told not under warranty. This is a defect not warranty problem. So now it’s my problem to replace this part on bottom of oven. Is about $180.00 and grill pan is about 60.00 plus cleaning kit about $10.00 so I need to spend about 250.00 to get my range back to new. Remember this range is only 18 months old... My husband wanted a GE but I like how this looked. Wished I listened but won’t have this range long at this rate because it’s hard to get parts from overseas and customer service sucks and so does the company. Be WARNED!!!!!

Original review: Feb. 13, 2021

Nice double oven 5 burner range. Have for 8 years and like it. 4 star because of the following - The markings on handles got erased quite quickly. If something hot on the burner, getting to the oven control may be quite risky. Main board melted during self cleaning, had to be replaced.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2021

Induction is the answer, instant heat like gas without the need to vent, glass top is easy cleaning because the cook top does not get hot. Only issue is cooking vessels must be magnetic, not a problem for us. The convection oven is accurate with even heat. Well named as a Pro-Bake...

Original review: Feb. 12, 2021

The electric stove is a double oven LG. It is dangerous. When you are cooking or lean over it turns the knobs on the front way too easily. Just a little pressure and the burner is on. Our family has had this happen all the time and we always check to make sure it’s not on. We also purchased their microwave at the same time. That caught fire inside. I wouldn’t recommend their products.

LG Ranges response

Hello Debra. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

LG Ranges author review by ConsumerAffairs

LG's history stretches back to 1947 when "Lucky" (Luk-Hai) was founded in Korea to produce plastics and other consumer goods. Since then it has become one of the biggest brand names in consumer electronics and appliances across the world.

• Large capacity options: Although LG doesn't offer an industrial product line, it maintains a variety of large capacity consumer units, giving users the benefits of increased space while maintaining in-home styling.

• Flexible support: LG gives consumers a variety of ways to pursue support issues, including easy phone calls, email or live chat support. In many cases, users can quickly schedule an in-home visit online.

• Extensive heating options: LG offers one of the largest arrays of model choices for consumers interested in convection or induction heating.

• Styling: LG has been recognized by several consumer groups for its commitment to providing best-in-class styling for its kitchen appliances.

• Smart home integration: LG maintains a company-wide smart home initiative, so its cooking appliances often come with an array of software and other electronics features for integration into a smart home.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team