1.29/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Last updated: April 23, 2018

433 LG Ranges Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 23, 2018

I bought the gas range (Gas range: LRG3061) back in November and since then I have had nothing but issues. The oven flame is over firing and the inside of the oven becomes black after use. It takes me hours to clean and it returns again after using the oven a few times. When I try to use the burners it makes the bottom of my pans black which is terrible. Each time I call LG they set me up with an appointment for a technician to come but no one ever shows up in the actual appointment date. This issue has been going on for a few months now and LG's ability to fix the problem has been disgraceful. It is a health hazard and I have spent a lot of money on this gas range and whenever I cook it turns the food black. To this date I'm still waiting for a technician to come to fix the issue.

Original review: April 18, 2018

I pulled out my oven to clean behind and under it yesterday. I have been using my lower oven more lately and it's melting my vinyl tiles! There is actually scorch marks on the floor too. Has anyone else has this happen to them?

Get the news you need delivered right to you!

Join over 300,000 subscribers and receive the latest expert advice, consumer news, and recall notices in your inbox.

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: April 18, 2018

LG Gas stove - bought this year - I just walked into the kitchen and smelled gas. This is the fourth time this has happened. I didn't use the stove today, so someone must have accidentally brushed against the stove and slightly turned the knob. There is no safety apparatus to alert you to the knob turning or that gas is leaking (stove doesn't automatically light). I can't believe in this day and age that this appliance passed any safety inspections. Thank goodness I don't have any small children, I'd get this stove out of the house immediately. As it is, I frequently go into the kitchen just to verify that none of the stove knobs are turned, I am now paranoid we are going to blow up...

Original review: April 15, 2018

I do not use my oven often and don’t understand how I can have so many splatters! Ran Easy Clean four times and it did nothing! So much harder to clean than my 20 year old oven I replaced! Top does not clean either with small divets! Received it on December 2nd 2017 and it looks like I have had it for years and use daily. Very disappointed with this purchase that I now have to live with for years to come.

Original review: April 6, 2018

I am at my wit's end. I have an LG gas stove. I have already gone through 4 sets of knobs, the original ones, 2 sets that I purchased, and 1 set that LG sent (which they told me were now made better). The set LG sent me have also broken and I am turning my stove on and off with pliers. The reason LG sent me a free set was because I called them and told them I walked into my house and smelled gas and my husband and two grandkids were asleep which was unusual. The knob on the stove looked like it was off but because it was broke it didn't turn off the gas completely. If I hadn't come home when I did it could have been very serious. I am ready to call whoever I have to to get this problem resolved. This is a problem that could be deadly. These knobs should have been recalled a long time ago especially after reading the amount of complaints about this very thing. I look forward to your response.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG TV?

Original review: April 3, 2018

This is a joke. Easy Clean does not work. I have just used the oven once to make a prime rib and have tried the "Easy Clean" twice without it doing a cleaning. I had to literally get the door off and side for two trying to get the splattering cleaned and still have not gotten the desired effect. The top of the range is another problem. It has small pits, a mesh-like top heating surface that makes cleaning another difficult task. I called LG and might have just saved my breath.

Original review: March 28, 2018

We upgraded our entire kitchen with LG appliances. This may end up being a deadly mistake. I am paranoid we are not going to wake up some morning. The knobs on the gas range are UNSAFE. It only takes a slight bump for either the gas to come on or the burners ignite. I cant believe LG has not done a recall on these ranges. I ordered child proof gas safety knobs to put on, but the LG knobs are too big. LG I beg you correct this before someone dies.

Original review: March 24, 2018

I recently purchased over 10k in appliances from Home Depot and the Studio line of LG ranges is an engineering nightmare. As others have expressed on their reviews, this range (LG Studio 6.3) presents a very risky and dangerous fire hazard. We did a complete remodel on a new beach house and used all studio LG products, we do not even as yet occupy the house and have never cooked on the stove, nonetheless, mere bumping of the knobs will cause them to turn on unbeknownst to the passerby... Our new 150k custom kitchen would have been set alight if my husband had not smelled the smoke from another room. This has already happened 3 times in the month the range has been installed with no one actually occupying the residence!

In disbelieve I did a google search and lo and behold this seems to be a common denominator for all LG range owners. I have contacted Home Depot and LG (Blah blah... We will send a tech. Lol.) however my brother who is a NASA engineer had a look and determined it is an engineering design flaw. It appears LG is closing this model out however if they had any credibility they will recall this immediately before there is serious injury or death... If there has not been already. I am speaking with a law firm next week about a possible class action suit and will post on this site with any information. If you are considering this product, you should do this with the utmost caution, it is a dangerous design.

Original review: March 20, 2018

We purchased an entire set. (Refrigerator; double range oven; microwave; dishwasher.) We moved into our house and did major renovations before installing the new appliances. Now it’s over a year and we finally had the contractors put everything into our renovated kitchen. The dishwasher is not running properly. The range is leaking gas out of the burners. This is simply ridiculous. I called LG to see if they can send out a technician and they want to charge me $250 to send someone to look at things. They said it’s out of warranty. But the items are still new and freshly out of the box. So the issue is with LG items! The products have a nice appearance but don’t work properly. Is this a scam to get you to buy the extended warranty?? I paid almost 6k and they still want to charge me to fix something that is new.

Original review: March 9, 2018

LRE3083ST - After a year and 4 days of limited use there is enamel flaking off inside the stove. There appears to be rust underneath this area and this is a manufacturer's defect. The range is not usable as food is not safe to eat any food. Flakes are airborne during cooking this range. The safety issues with this range are of great concern and the lack of response and support from LG on their product, which obviously has a manufacturer's defect, is alarming. LG says this is cosmetic and I would never buy another one of their products. This was a waste of $799 dollars.

Original review: March 5, 2018

LG will get sued when someone dies from a knob being turned on accidentally. I’m surprised it hasn’t already happened. It happens all the time. Especially when friends/family are over. How could LG think was a good design? Was there no testing? Were they 3 feet tall? Also the burner disc discolor and never clean up. The super burner stains on the silver and you can’t get it clean. Bought this and the microwave you can’t see into without a stool. And it’s still hard to see in. LG, you dropped the ball here, learn from those mistakes. NOT recommended.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2018

We have had ours for almost a year. These LG stoves that have knobs on the front seem like a great idea. EXCEPT when you cook and bump into these stoves, the buttons turn on. We have had two near fires in kitchen had someone NOT been home and these knobs got bumped before we left we would have come home to a major house fire. We have tracked the knobs for 5 months since the first two incidences and today after last night, I am junking this new oven and buying a safer one-too dangerous to give away. NO it won't be an LG. I have read that they don't do much in fixing the problems. But I will contact where I purchased the stove and let them know of the dangerous stove they are selling.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

LG Gas Range LDG4315ST - I have owned this stove for a little more than one year. It is flat-out dangerous. The knobs on the stove turn on way too easily. Sometimes the burner will ignite and sometimes just gas escapes into the room. My latest attempt at a fix with LG resulted in them saying they are sending me replacement knobs. I am pretty sure this will not solve the problem, but will update if possible. I had the stove listed for sale, but could not in good conscience sell it to anyone else.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

We purchased our LG stove last year in March. The controls for the stove top and the oven are currently not working. I am having an extremely difficult time getting any cooperation out of their customer service department. If we end up having to pay for this ourselves, we will likely just replace the stove. It has proven to be nothing more than a piece of junk. I did a lot of research before we bought the stove and it had excellent reviews. I’ll be more cautious next time.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

December 15 - I took delivery the LG gas range, opened it as the delivery truck was leaving (they did not install it) and I noticed the interior glass was not seated properly and had a small crack. The delivery truck had just pulled away, so sending it back at that moment wasn't an obvious option. I immediately called Home Depot, who gave me the LG customer service number. In my first call to LG, they immediately offered me a compensation check to have a repairman fix it. I agreed to this. Then LG transferred me to their parts and repair dept. The person in parts and repair said it couldn't be repaired, because it was not installed yet, even though it is just the oven door. At this point LG customer service number was closed for the day.

December 16 - I called Home Depot service back first to get help. They personally called LG and had a ticket created in the LG system for replacement instead. They said in about three days I would get a call to schedule the new range delivery. December 21 - I hadn't heard from LG yet, so I called them. They said a manager there had cancelled my replacement ticket without calling me to let me know(!), because I had been issued a damages check, and I could no longer get a replacement. I explained that LG Parts and Service told me I could not have it repaired, because it wasn't installed. LG said they would send an independent technician out and they would decide whether it can be repaired without installation. December 26 - Technician is no call, no show.

December 27 - Technician comes out, tells me LG will probably just issue a replacement, he has to submit a claim. He will call me in about 3 hours with an answer. I don't know what this means for the damages check they were going to issue? December 29 - I start calling the repair company back for an answer. I talk to someone there 1-2 times a day thereafter, each time they say they don't have an answer, but will in a few hours. January 5 - I give up, the appliance repair service isn't calling me back. I call LG, say I don't think a claim was ever submitted on the oven door. The notes in the system at LG now seem to indicate I was in the process of a replacement, rather than repair? NOW, three weeks later, they say a replacement *can* be done (I am not confident I will receive the damages check anyhow). I am fed up, I tell them I want that damages check at this point, so they will have to find another company to repair it.

They transferred me to LG parts and service. I asked parts and service if they can simply send me a new oven door, and I will send the old door back? There are two metal clips that hold the door on, you just flip them up and slide it out, I believe it's designed this way so you can take the door off to clean it. They will not let me handle this. I am given the name and number for a new repair company, and told they will be in contact with me ASAP. The new repair company hasn't contacted me yet, and isn't answering their phone right now. Both repair companies have very low ratings online, complaints through the BBB as well - though with something this simple, I don't really care - as long as they can repair it quickly. That doesn't appear to be a possibility. The LG repair and service escalated my request, which was supposed to lead to a callback from an executive team within 48 hours. They never called back.

January 8 - The Twitter account for LG helps me in a direct message, which was more effective than any phone call I placed. They arranged an LG employee technician in my area to repair the oven door. The Twitter account person said it was requested the parts be pre-ordered, repair date is January 15. January 14 - I installed the oven in preparation for arrival of my new oven door parts. January 15 - The LG technician calls and says we have to reschedule because of a back injury. 1/19 was my new date he gave me... But then I asked if he pre-ordered parts. They were not pre-ordered. The technician checked stock in your system for the door glass. There is no stock available on the door glass, he doesn't know if there WILL be stock on the door glass in the near future, but he has put the order in now. He said to check back in two days for a status whether there will be glass.

I made a big mistake installing the oven beforehand. I followed up with the Twitter account person, who was helpful again, but said the system indicates he has not ordered the glass yet. January 17 - The second outside repair shop, which I never was able to get ahold of, showed up at my house while no one was home, called me and said they were there to fix the range! They said LG (India call center, parts and repair) set up the appointment date and time. No one from LG called me about there being an appointment scheduled. I told them I have a factory tech already scheduled, they didn't have parts to fix it anyways.

January 19 - When I check the online status, the technician still has me listed as a scheduled repair today. However, the status of the parts are still "back ordered" days later. How are there not parts available? 5 weeks as of today. Update: spoke to tech, parts are back ordered until at least the end of February. If the parts and service had told me this 5 weeks ago, the first time I spoke with them, I would've demanded a new oven. I assume I will be able to get a new oven, has not happened yet though.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

Our LG range was emitting dangerous levels of carbon monoxide. After two weeks and first paying a $200 flat fee, an LG approved technician finally came and replaced some parts and fixed it. He said it likely a manufacturers defect but he can't say 100% which means that LG keeps their fee. In the meantime, I've written two letters to LG (where it says they will reply within 24 hours) and gotten no response, spoken with two customer service managers who show no concern for the fact their appliance put my family in danger, and spent way too much time on hold on the telephone and online chat with very little to show for it. Their lack of customer service is appalling.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

Initially the LG double oven and 5 burner stove top looked amazing. It did just what we wanted it to do during the holidays. The super boiler burner is great. The double oven did everything we needed for the holiday dinners. The only problem is the burners turn on (Gas) with the least amount of pressure on the knobs. Other reviews have express the same danger and LG does not have a fix according to other reviews. I went to my local hardware store and bought springs that I cut to length and placed them behind the knobs to provide the need for more pressure to activate the ignition. It's a matter of time before clothing or other items get caught on fire. Especially with the Super Boiler burner.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2017

LG only allows "LG-trained" Technicians to repair LG appliances and when there is no "LG-trained" Tech in your area, you're out of luck even if the item is still under warranty. LG has the worst Customer Service I've ever experienced... They just don't care. In our case, it's a simple $30.- part for a range that I could install myself but after endless phone calls we got no help from LG. In 2018, we're looking at a new washer/dryer combination and a new TV and you can bet that it's not going to be LG.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2017

In July 2017 we bought an LG electric/convection double oven stove. Almost as soon as we installed the appliance our first incident with the stove happened. I barely brushed the stove knob and the burner turned on. My husband happened to have his hand on the burner and he felt the heat. That should have been our first warning. Jumped forward to December 27, 2017 @ 6:29 pm. Shortly after my husband had heated up his dinner in the microwave, which is above the stove, I smelled something like plastic burning. I said to my husband I bet you bumped a knob on the stove. He proceeded to the kitchen and when he opened up the door flames and smoke billowed into our living room. Between the two of us we contained the fire and help was on the way.

My review regarding this stove cannot be put in stars because they don’t have a negative value. As far as cooking on the stove we had no issues. I loved the double oven. But from our first experience shortly after installation to the night our house caught fire, the knobs were a concern. We have grandchildren who use the microwave... I shudder with the thoughts of what could have happened to them. There were no push then turn knobs, which is a common safety on most stoves, Or the knobs could have been on the back of the stove like some stoves. Now we are facing a total remodel on the kitchen, new cabinets, multiple appliances... etc.

Yes, we have insurance but that’s not the issue. This fire could have been prevented if the knobs had a safety feature. I feel for the individuals who have the gas stove. I understand their concern. Gas leak vs fire makes for a bad day. With as many reviews I have read regarding this particular problem, LG should have a recall on this model stoves. Look into rectifying the situation so this does not happen to someone else and turn their world upside down. So as far as LG products are concerned, I’m boycotting them. We even have several other household products but when the stop working, no more LG products in my house. LG needs to step up their quality control on the designs of their kitchen appliances. You should never live in fear of ACCIDENTALLY turning on an appliance.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

I feel it important for consumers to know that this stove is dangerous. A simple walking by the knobs and brushing up against them will ignite or start to let gas flow without igniting. I have come home with my house filled with gas because the knobs were brushed by when leaving. A good service tech came to my home and said LG does not have a fix for this currently. A simple splash guard in front of the knobs would fix this. I don't want my family and house to be blown up because of the faulty knobs on the LG gas range. Beware. I would not purchase this product again.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

My LG double oven range was manufactured in July of 2014. I purchased it not long after. It is now December 2017 and it is over $500 to repair. A relay board has failed and LG cannot get me the part until after Christmas. I got rid of this bad product and purchased a GE stove. LG customer service was abysmal. I will never purchase another LG product again.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2017

I purchased the LG 6.3 cu ft self clean oven in black stainless. 12 months in (even though I baby it and am very careful) the paint is chipping off. Now 1 month later the fan motor growls every time I use the oven. I called LG and asked if they would cover the repair simply because it is so very recently out of warranty. No. No chance. $125 to have a technician assess it and then whatever the parts and labor are to repair it. If the product is only designed to last 13 months perhaps it should be cheaper than $1100. I have used it approximately 300 times for about an hour max each time. So 300 hours of use should be all you should expect.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2017

I love this stove but the knobs are very dangerous. My son and husband almost caught on fire by leaning over to use the microwave. My son and I felt ill to discover a knob was slightly turned putting out gas. A slight brush against the knobs is all it takes. I get up all night scared someone has brushed against that stove and I would not recommend this product because of this safety hazard. Otherwise I love all my LG products. I wish they would correct this problem before tragedy occurs.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

LSG4513ST.BSTELGA / Range danger for burn/natural gas leaking. This range has had issues since day one. Serviced one time by LG tech who said; "I've replaced the components with the updated parts; but that won't fix the problem". We the owners and guests have accidentally turned burners on and burned ourselves. An even bigger, more dangerous problem is the burners being on enough to leak gas and not light; or when on low; the flame will go out and continue to fill the home with natural gas until you notice. After several months of trying and finding out the LG factory repair person in the area; no longer works for LG; we have an appointment scheduled with an "authorized service company". I would rather just have it replaced and preferably before a serious injury, fire or explosion takes place!

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

Bought new LG electric range in 2016. Installed summer of 2017. Stopped working November 4 2017. Called LG. Under warranty. Took 2 weeks to get a service person out. He said it was the control board and ordered parts. Parts took 2 weeks to come in. Service person said they would install on Nov. 30. December 8- still my stove is not working. Called LG. They said sorry we have to wait for the repairperson to do their job. Give it 3 more days. Beyond frustrated-it is impossible and expensive to feed my family of 6 without a functioning oven. Additionally LG said they had escalated my case and then closed it without actually talking to me. Incredibly poor customer service. I will never buy another LG appliance. Unfortunately my house is currently full of them. Hope they keep working.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2017

LGR4113ST - I love how this oven bakes/roasts at such an even temperature. However, the front knobs turn much too easily (they only need to be pushed in maybe 1-2mm). I called after I inadvertently turned the gas on, while reaching for a spice, to see if there was a retrofit, but was told no. My kids late teens/early 20's have all accidentally turned the knobs on the range, and I've come home no less than three occasions to my home reeking of propane. I thought there were laws in place to prevent such hazards. Do not buy this if you have little ones as it's much too dangerous.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

We have had our LG Electric Range (LSE4613) since September of 2017. Within this two month period, we have had quite a few incidents when the burners were turned on without us realizing they were on. This last time, we were seconds from significant fire damage to our home. As many others have noted, because the LG stovetops can be turned on by the slightest touch, brush or bump, it is a huge safety hazard. LG needs to develop a fix for this dangerous problem before there is a major recall or lawsuit. There is a lock feature, but it's not possible to have it on at all times. The self cleaning feature also seems dangerous. While cleaning, the tile and surrounding granite became too hot to touch, so we turned it off within one hour.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

I've been VERY careful with cleaning the top of the range and am finding that the surface is pitting. I use Dawn soap only. Can't seem to get anywhere with having it checked out. My daughter bought a similar Sears range and has no problem with it.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

I purchased stove on 17 August 2016, today as I was wiping off the stove top one with Dawn dish soap and soft dishcloth I noted that a spot on the coating of the center grate had peeled off. It looks as though it will spread. I have not used any harsh chemicals, cloths, or abrasive scrapers. I have only used the center grate ONE time. I called customer service and was told to call the parts people since my 1 year warranty had expired, I would therefore need to purchase a new grate! Also, the oven is almost impossible to clean. It requires repeated applications of water and now they recommend adding baking soda and repeat again for cleaning. This is a horrible appliance. Also purchased LG Refrigerator and Microwave. I can only imagine upcoming problems with them. Customer Service simply tells you what they cannot do. Do Not Buy LG products.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

I purchased this range (LG DOUBLE OVEN RANGE) new in July 2017. This is not the first time I have had this problem since the purchase of this range with the front knobs being turned on by accidentally brushing up against them. This morning I smelled something burning. Upon checking found one of the knobs on the electric range was turned on apparently from brushing up against it earlier. There was a glass baking dish on top of the burner that was on containing a cake made earlier in the week. Upon touching it to move it off the burner it exploded into small pieces all over the kitchen and surrounding food. Thank goodness no one was injured. This is a major problem and it should be recalled or corrected before someone is seriously injured.

LG TV expert review by ConsumerAffairs

LG's history stretches back to 1947 when "Lucky" (Luk-Hai) was founded in Korea to produce plastics and other consumer goods. Since then it has become one of the biggest brand names in consumer electronics and appliances across the world.

• Large capacity options: Although LG doesn't offer an industrial product line, it maintains a variety of large capacity consumer units, giving users the benefits of increased space while maintaining in-home styling.

• Flexible support: LG gives consumers a variety of ways to pursue support issues, including easy phone calls, email or live chat support. In many cases, users can quickly schedule an in-home visit online.

• Extensive heating options: LG offers one of the largest arrays of model choices for consumers interested in convection or induction heating.

• Styling: LG has been recognized by several consumer groups for its commitment to providing best-in-class styling for its kitchen appliances.

• Smart home integration: LG maintains a company-wide smart home initiative, so its cooking appliances often come with an array of software and other electronics features for integration into a smart home.

• Best for: Users cooking for one and users cooking for families.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs