LG Ranges

Compare Ranges, Ovens, and Stoves

Research top Ranges, Ovens, and Stoves recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Knobs on stove disintegrate & become nonfunctional & break. This is my 3rd replacement of knobs, & I will need a 4th replacement soon. The first 2 were covered by extended warranty. The knobs when bumped, can easily, cause gas to escape. The can happen with the lightest bump, & is generally unnoticed, by individual, until the strong gas smell is evident!

My communications over the years has been extremely frustrating, & unacceptable. I was told that "knobs are ornamental" by one employee. Another claimed it was my misuse because I left the oven door open. Once someone told me I would get replace the knobs free within a week. They never came! I finally bought new ones for about $275. The plastic overlay on what appears to be a metal knob is beginning to crackle. That means the cylinder that holds the knob on is soon to break. I bought the latest replacement knobs less than 6 months ago. It seems to me there is a sufficient case for a class action suit against LG.

Three of the four LG appliances that we purchased at almost $6,000.00 for the set, have failed in some way since the delivery in July, 2016. The stove has caused two fires. The Microwave computer display has gone crazy and displays all manner of odd characters blinking or scrolling across the display. It doesn't microwave for the time set so we don't dare trust it to do 20 seconds when it could easily do 6 minutes or more. *See Photos.

The Refrigerator began failing a little over a month after we installed it. This is a known issue to LG, as I see many buyers of the LG in-door ice maker refrigerators complaining of the same problem. Leaking water and ice build up in the door jam, forming ice in the door jam and inside the refrigerator, making it impossible to open the left produce drawer as the ice blocks it, or to close the front doors completely as ice builds up. *See Photos. The Dishwasher never worked correctly. The detergent compartment won't open. Not with liquid detergent, not with powder detergent, not EMPTY. The heating element doesn't work as the dishes come out sopping wet, even when I choose "Extra Dry" as a cycle.

The Stove is an EXTREME fire danger. The knobs turn so easily and light the flame automatically on high that me reaching over the stove to grab something has turned a burner on more than once. When we were installing the microwave this happened and our shirt, the cardboard and plastic we had protecting the stove from dust, all caught FIRE. Also our cat walking across the knob, turned it on, burning our cats fur. I can not imagine what would happen with children in the home. We should have to push in the knob and turn it in order to light the flame as a safety precaution. Any slight bump or brush on the knobs turns the burners on high. We have to put tape on the knobs to keep them from being turned on accidentally. I see this is a known issue from the volumes of similar complaints from consumers who have bought the LG gas stove.

In my opinion, this should be a Class-Action Lawsuit. I sincerely hope it doesn't require the loss of life or 3rd degree burns in order for LG to recall these stoves and do the right thing. So here we spent nearly $6,000.00 on new appliances even though we are on a fixed Military Disability income. Now we have $6,000.00 worth of paperweights by LG. The Model numbers of our appliances are as follows: LG Dishwasher LDT9965BD, LG Microwave LMHM2237BD, LG Gas Stove LDG4315BD, LG Refrigerator LMXC23746D.

Uninstalling these appliances and replacing them with Non-LG, quality appliances that will work and not fail, are a significant difficulty for us with my husband disabled and only me to complete the work. It will require me having to hire and pay someone to uninstall the appliances, move them out to the garage and then install the new appliances.

We will never buy LG anything, again. I am waiting for a response from LG. Calls to LG are useless with either overseas Operators saying "I am sorry Ma'am for the inconvenience" over and over. Or worse, saying that my issues are all "Cosmetic" and therefore not covered under manufacturer warranty. Calls to the United States Offices of LG also put me on hold forever and then I get hung up on. I did email LG again today. Costco has been much more responsive and I have been working with them over the last 4 months to get a resolution. I have asked Costco to stop selling LG Appliances in their warehouse and online.

Like the other review, if you set your oven to bake at 350, and watch a professional thermometer inside the oven, you will see the oven climb to around 475 and stay there for a few minutes while the panel says the temp inside oven is only 345. If you then set the oven down to bake at 345 in hopes of still being able to cook something before your house burns down, the oven will inform you that it is actually only 340 degrees in the oven, and continue blazing away until it is satisfied. It will eventually beep to let you know it is ready.

At that point, ensuring there is no flammable material within 10 ft, you will need to open the door and leave it open for about a minute to let it cool down. Once the oven has cooled down, you are now ready to cook, and the oven works flawlessly. I agree that the gas knobs are easily turned on when you brush against it, but that's just the way it is and I can live with it. Gas burners work flawlessly and I love cooking on it. Just wish I knew how to turn off the incinerator preheat setting.

In 2008 we bought an LG range. On the first cleaning, soot went into the oven door window. The same thing happened with the replacement range. LG then gave us a "better" range at no additional charge with the understanding that we could make no further claims. We haven't, but the third range had the same problem. Additionally, the whole back of the range moves when you try to turn something on. Now there's a crack there caused by the mere force of turning on a burner. Those burners take a long time to do small kitchen tasks like boil water. I bought an electric kettle for that. The range takes a full 10 minutes to get to 420. This is an extremely disappointing product.

Since I bought the unit in October of 2015 I have had nothing but issues with it. After installation the convection fan was hitting the unit causing a loud scratching noise. LG sent me a different blade which wasn't even the right one. Had to wait another week to get a new blade sent. Now the machine will not preheat. Does not show an error message. It just shuts off and sings a nice happy tune to let me know the unit is a piece of crap. I would not recommend this stove to anyone. If I could return it I would. Customer care is anxious to help you out by charging you $380.00 and a wait of 2 weeks to repair. I have a family of 4 and without a stove it's hard to cook food. They didn't seem to care just offered me another option for 265.00 with the same waiting period.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG TV?

Model LRE3023ST the bottom drawer pull out is difficult and dangerous to your hands. You can easily be badly hurt when trying to pull out the bottom drawer to clean underneath the stove or if something falls behind. This bottom drawer is so difficult to pull out, it should NEVER EVER be used. This model should be recalled.

LG Gas Range Knob Safety Issue - We recently purchased a 30" slide-in LG gas range and soon found out that it does not take much for the control knobs to be unintentionally rotated to the on position and start releasing gas without us noticing it. One has to lightly press each knob and the mechanical safety lock is immediately released which means the knob can be rotated unintentionally and Gas starts to be released. So far in the space of less than 3 weeks we have had at least three incidences when we did not know that the knobs were accidentally turned on (perhaps by people brushing by) and were only alerted by the smell of gas filling the kitchen. The Home Depot seems to have no return policy for major appliances but we shall be going back to our local store to see if they will make an exception and replace this range with another model. If they refuse to take it back, you will hear from me again.

The knobs of this range are beyond cheap. When using the super burner (right front knob), I turned it to the OFF position. I left the house shortly after and received a call from my family that they smelled gas. Went home of find, that the right front burner in off position did not have a flame, but left the gas on, thus filling my house with gas. When I call LG, they gave me the run around then said, since I purchased it from Best Buy, I had to call them to complain about the knobs. Now for the math, 5 knobs, 3 broke. By the way, one of the knobs that did not break had a metal strip around it, to reinforce the plastic. Husband works in quality and said it would have cost them around $1.00 per knob to put that little piece of metal on each knob. LG stand behind your stuff! And build more durable knobs to start! WILL NEVER BUY LG AGAIN.

Almost the perfect range, it has everything you need or want. Unfortunately, it has a very dangerous design flaw. When anyone bumps against a burner knob, a burner turns on (normally on high). We recently had a situation where a glass baking dish was taken out of the oven and placed on the stove top. Someone accidentally bumped a knob, turning on the burner to high, where the glass dish was at. When my wife noticed the burner was on, she turned it off and tried moving the glass baking dish off of the burner, when the dish suddenly exploded. I contacted LG. I was told to buy the child safety cover for $30.00. This is a VERY expensive appliance. We shouldn't have buy something to make it safe when it should be safe to use in the first place. Think very carefully before purchasing this appliance.

LRE 3203 ST stainless steel electric range smooth top convection - This electric range is a Junk. Don't ever buy any LG appliances, same issue with the LG refrigerator and dishwasher. In 2012 just before Thanksgiving I purchased new appliances because I wanted all stainless steel thinking that these high-end all computerized LG appliances will serve me and my family at least for 5 years. Unfortunately I went with LG!! Big mistake!!!!! The worst appliances you could ever buy!!!

The stove basically started having issues after 2 years. The burners stopped working, replaced the control panel, didn't work!!! We replaced the cooking element, didn't work. Called the customer service, they told me that this stove is too old and basically I have to pay for a technician to come out who is going to tell me what is wrong with the stove and pay for everything! Junk, junk, junk!!! Thank you LG, Thanksgiving is just around the corner. My 3rd cooking element stopped heating Tuesday this week. I have to buy a new stove now. LG customer service is not helpful, don't even bother to call!

We recently purchased an LG Gas Range. It became apparent early on that there was a serious and significant manufacturing defect with the knobs which could pose a major safety threat to you and your family and home. Basically, if you even lightly brush up against the knobs, they may turn easily in the on position and either ignite a flame unexpectedly or emit gas also unexpectedly. We have had several near misses of people catching on fire and a few gas emissions which last over 30 minutes. I thought once I contacted LG they would immediately take action -- WRONG -- I am absolutely stunned at their response. They told me that they couldn't do anything about it and that I should buy child safety locks for the knobs. My previous gas stove was in the same location for 17 years and NEVER had this problem. We plan to take legal action since several other consumer have experienced the same problem. Shame on LG. They should be put out of business!

After much research and review we purchased the 6.3 cu. ft. Capacity Electric Single Oven Range with True Convection and EasyClean. He ordered it on December 29, 2014 and it was delivered in February 2015. Apparently it was not constructed until January of 2015. So I was excited for a brand new stove. I am an avid baker and love to cook. So having this stove was exciting!

Fast forward to October 19, 2016. Woke up early and went to heat water for tea. My LED screen had a time on it that was incorrect, so I tried to update the clock. Nothing worked. I freaked out and checked all the circuit breakers etc. Nothing then the screen went black. Fast forward to today, when they could finally come out to look at it. I need a new panel...Shocker. It's not even two years old. Good thing is that I purchased an extended warranty. But I have been without a stove for 7 days and it will be an additional 10 days until the part comes in. My guess is that this is a common problem. This is my first and LAST LG purchase. NEVER AGAIN!!!

My glass top range was purchased 9/27/15. On 10/22/16 the glass top imploded approximately 15 minutes after I turned it off. All burners cracked. I was barely out of warranty and most companies will work with a feasible solution. I was transferred to their warranty division and offered a premium protection policy for $414 for one year. The other option was a one time use warranty for $288.95 which would cover labor, diagnostics, and cost of labor. The glass top would be an additional $331.45. Neither plan covered the glass top which is my issue I called about. It appears this was an example of taking advantage of a consumer. I will not buy LG again!

I have an LG smooth top self cleaning convection oven range. It is just one year old. After self cleaning the oven last night, the inside of the door, and window have a black film on them. This does not wipe off. I called LG, and they sent me "cleaning instructions" and told me to use oven cleaner! If this doesn't work, I will have to replace the door, but it's not "covered" because it is one year old! I also purchased the extended coverage at Home Depot, BIG MISTAKE! Oh, that's not covered, only functionality items! I said, 'well, the self cleaning didn't "function" properly, and burned my oven door!" They replied, "oh, but the oven still works!!!" Are you KIDDING me? Does anyone have any idea how to get this black film off of my oven door and window???

LRE3013ST - I was hoping to read that there was a recall on this particular stove because of the Intuitouch control panel. I seem to use the same burner on the left-hand side of the panel and noticed a crack in the plastic. It's only a few years old. Also after oven on for half hour or so it shuts off and FB appears on panel. Why do they make things like used to???

Bought a stove from lg. This is a $2000 stove. New to lg. Just came out in 2016. About 3 months after purchase the stove needed a new brain, 2 thermostats and sensors!!! I need a new stove. LG executive customer service was rude and relentless. They would not replace the defective stove stating it just needs to be fixed. For peace of mind and for your sake do not buy Lg products. They care nothing about the consumer after they get your money.

Bought the LG Flat Top Range Model # LRE3023ST. Have had nothing but problems. Customer Service unwilling to resolve problems. We were sold a defective range. Paid a lot on disability can't replace.

I called to ask about the glass door. The only reason I purchased a new stove was the oven door was cloudy. So I bought a new stainless Steel stove. First the door dented very easy and I had to spend 300 dollars to repair a small dent when I had it just a few weeks. Then right before the warranty was up I noticed streaking inside oven glass. I called and was told that it was not covered. I will never buy another LG product!

Gas Range LSSG3016ST - I have owned this range only 3 months, but I am very frustrated with the moaning whistle noise that comes from the unit the entire time the oven is in use and for 15 minutes or so after the oven shuts off. I thought maybe when it was used a few times it would stop but it hasn't. It is not horribly loud but loud enough I can hear it throughout the kitchen and it really gets on my nerves. I would think for a $2000.00 oven it should be quiet. I am talking with customer service and will write another review per their response. As of this time I am not a happy camper and think this will be my last LG purchase.

We bought a LG double door gas range - the glass bottom door shattered, it was not in use. LG will not cover repair or replacement. Maricel @ LG states that no warranty covers a glass door shattering. We now have a oven, a year old oven that we dare not use. What will happen during use?

I purchased an LG electric oven range only four years ago. After 2 year two of the burners gave out. After calling customer service; they came over, charged me $250.00 and replaced control panel. This was without any diagnosis. Exactly one year later the burner gave out again. After calling their customer service and talking with technician, they offered another service call and replacement for $250.00. Their reason there is only 90 days guarantee on the parts. Very unfriendly and not willing to accept the an oven and the part that is replaced by them should last longer than one year. They offered I can purchase their warranty for $450.00 and the warranty lasts for one year. It is like their only reason is to ask for more money from consumers without making sure they are happy with the product.

Bought LG black stainless steel appliances. The microwave bottom melted since it has the cheapest plastic material underneath. It melted under standard cooking situation. Uninstalled it and took it back to Home Depot, waited about five days to hear from the Home Depot. Finally got a phone call from Home Depot and stated LG has declined to do anything since the damage happened from outside. I was offered by the store manager to give me a discount on my new microwave that I will buy. Other than that my $300 just flushed out. It's sad to see such a terrible product and service from a company like LG. They make billions of $ by ripping off from the poor. Now I'm left without microwave and my $300. Never spend your money just by looking at its brand name. Knowing they have a name they use the cheapest product and plastic from China and charge the highest dollar amount. Terrible product. I'm a mad and angry person right now.

My husband and I purchased a range from Home Depot 2013 and I thought this was great and absolutely loved the stainless steel and blue inside oven. That was until problem after problem. Why purchase an extended warranty just to find out Home Depot does not have service people in the area to service their products. Why even sell the warranty if you can't fulfill the agreement. I am furious!!! Stuck with a range after a couple of years that burners will not work and oven temperature only reach 350 degrees. Then only to be offered a refund of half of what we paid!! Really!! I will never buy a LG product again!! I also question if I will make any major purchases as this from Home Depot again as well!!! LG consumers beware!!

We bought many things from LG and are unhappy with each product individually. I will never buy from them again. Here's why: The knobs on our range started to break within a year of ownership. The knobs control the gas and so are a very potentially dangerous item to have break. Now all five knobs have broken. I have never seen a range made in the USA where this happened. Beyond that, the customer service for this part is reprehensible. You need to buy a really expensive replacement knob. When I first checked the knobs were something like $60-70 each approximately. You would almost be able to buy a used range with working knobs with that money. Another problem is that the burners won't ignite and we have to use a lighter, like on a camp stove. Well, we will never buy LG again. I spoke with their head of customer service and they will do nothing. Please do not buy anything from lG. You will regret it.

A few months after getting the range, the knobs started breaking. Like a good homeowner, I started repairing them, with epoxy, then tape reinforcement with epoxy and finally... after a while, I just couldn't repair them anymore. The design and materials are just plain wrong! I'm a mechanical engineer and I can clearly see the design and choice of materials is faulty. I called LG and after an hour of conversation, they sent me out a "complimentary" set of replacement knobs, "free of charge/ONE TIME DEAL". Well, those broke within 3 months.

I called them back, and after being on hold for 45 minutes, the supervisor said, "There is no point in continuing this conversation. We will not do anything about the breaking knobs" and hung up. This is very frustrating. There has to be a recourse on this. How can we hold them accountable for selling a faulty product? Aren't there consumer protection agencies specifically to protect us from irresponsible businesses such as LG?

LG company did not honor any recall for the control panel that was suppose to be under a recall because it was two years old. The LG representatives worked very hard to guarantee that I would not be getting any help either by getting them to repair the oven, send me the part, or provide me with technical support. There are not many parts that can go wrong but expensive if you guess wrong. The recall item was the control panel (board) but there are two in question. One for $60.00 the other for $170.00.

I purchased this Ceramic-Glass Radiant Cooktop on March 2, 2016. On July 7, 2016 called LG due to the front part of stove top would no longer lay flat. They sent a service person out July 8th and he stated that it was cosmetic and therefore it was not covered on the warranty. I stated to the service department that clearly this was a defect in the manufacturing of this appliance. At no prevail LG refused to repair my stove and hung up. The email sent only listed the company name which is East Electronics and their # 757-753-2907.

I did not know about this site when we purchased our LG products, freestanding double oven electric range, french door refrigerator and washer and dryer. Had the microwave but took it back right away as it was so dark inside and the light very dim. Bought a KitchenAid microwave and previously dishwasher. I have a problem with the self-clean feature of the oven. I have broiled steaks on the quick broil feature. Guess what when you use this feature, the fat will splatter inside the oven. After cooking the steaks I cleaned the oven but the floor of the oven in front of the door did not clean. It looked really baked on and you could not wipe it clean at all. I have the blue enamel oven. I did not touch this area - afraid I would void the warranty so called the executive warranty dept. Spoke with Wendy and she said they should be able to schedule an appt for Friday. Waited for the call but none came so we assumed they would show up on Friday.

NO SHOW NO CALL. Called back and Wendy said her computer was down but we did get a response to schedule for the following Friday. Repair guy said it should not have done that either. Called Tech department and they told my husband to put wet paper towels over the area and use the easy clean feature. It did remove the baked on mess so they told us they would not warranty it. I was so madddd!!! I called and spoke with Brenda ** and she told me I didn't need to get an attitude with her. I explained that I am allowed to cook in the oven and that food will splatter (she said splatters are not covered by warranty). The oven has a self-clean feature and of course LG expects food to be splattered why else would you have a self-clean feature? I expect it to work and not to have to clean it first before I use the self-clean feature. The feature cleaned the oven beautifully except the foot and half area in front of the door.

I told the rep that I felt it was a seal problem and it wasn't getting hot enough in that particular area to clean the food. She was going to check with her tech and emailed me that it was not covered under warranty. I emailed her back that was unacceptable. I wanted the general manager's number and I was going to the Better Business Bureau and the Attorney General's Office. I will not give up. I know they want me to cause our warranty is about up also and if they stall me then they won't have to deal with it. Now I just need to figure out how to contact him but am filing a complaint with both agencies. I did not know about this site before buying our products.

Electric Range LDE4413ST - The ceramic cooktop developed white spots above one element the first time the element was used. This did not happen over any of the other elements. Contacted LG, they said this was normal and this would happen above all the elements. It has not. The other elements have all been well used now and still look new. The problem area however has developed what looks like tiny cracks around the embedded spots. LG still maintains that this is normal and refuses to do anything about it. Previously have owned several LG products and was satisfied with them but I will not buy or recommend another LG product after this experience.

Oven has a characteristic that is not mentioned in manual or by salesperson. Oven heats up to 100 to 125 degrees higher than what was set as preheat. If you put your food in when it beeps you will burn your food. Had techs out after buying my own thermometer to fix problem and was told that is how this oven works. Never had an oven operate like this. DON'T BUY!!! Stay away from LG!

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

LG's history stretches back to 1947 when "Lucky" (Luk-Hai) was founded in Korea to produce plastics and other consumer goods. Since then it has become one of the biggest brand names in consumer electronics and appliances across the world.

• Large capacity options: Although LG doesn't offer an industrial product line, it maintains a variety of large capacity consumer units, giving users the benefits of increased space while maintaining in-home styling.
  • Flexible support: LG gives consumers a variety of ways to pursue support issues, including easy phone calls, email or live chat support. In many cases, users can quickly schedule an in-home visit online.
  • Extensive heating options: LG offers one of the largest arrays of model choices for consumers interested in convection or induction heating.
  • Styling: LG has been recognized by several consumer groups for its commitment to providing best-in-class styling for its kitchen appliances.
  • Smart home integration: LG maintains a company-wide smart home initiative, so its cooking appliances often come with an array of software and other electronics features for integration into a smart home.
  • Best for Users cooking for one and users cooking for families.

Compare Ranges, Ovens, and Stoves