LG Ranges

2.3/5 (910 ratings)

About LG Ranges

LG Ranges Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Ranges?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Ranges?

Original review: April 17, 2022

Had I known this stove would literally turn on by itself, I would have never bought it! We have woke up to smoke 4 times now, all coming from stove! The burners seem to turn on theirselves, it's made me form a habit to constantly check the knobs then this still happens! Almost lost our house and our family had we not woke up, one of those 4 times!

Original review: Feb. 24, 2022

Many service calls since August, you have to wait all day onset time. No one shows up, several repairs, several visits and calls because service said not under warranty and LG said was reschedule and last 3 visits same thing, won’t order parts, said have to pay for it. Now had second fire with stovetop coming on with no one home and house full of smoke because something was on stove. Now want replaced and something done about smoke damage.

Get buying tips about Ranges, Ovens, and Stoves delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2022

I bought my LG Electric range just over a year ago. We knew the front knobs were very sensitive but didn't realize how bad until it my husband was cleaning the kitchen, set the Ninja on the stovetop while cleaning the island. Seems he leaned against the knobs and 2 turned on. He went out to empty the trash and by the time he got back in, we had fire. Both Ninja and Range were burned beyond repair. Our new backsplash will have to be repaired. We'll need to repaint some. But no one was hurt. No pets hurt. I immediately, naively wrote to the "President" of LG. Nothing. Tried again a couple days later. I did receive a phone call from a Sheena Turner in Alabama with the title of President Liaison/Voice of Customer. She said she could send someone out but needed the serial #. There's NO SERIAL NUMBER on the range. Isn't that convenient?

Both my husband and I have gone over the range several times. I've taken pictures and sent to her to prove there's no serial number. That's when she stopped communicating. So, oh well. She can't help. So like the rest of their customers with this problem, I'm just screwed and they don't care. Then I visited Consumer Affairs to see if we were the only ones with this problem. Apparently allot of us have the same problem. So I sat down, copied and pasted to Word every review that pertained to the knobs, back 4 years, 52 bad/frustrated reviews. I've printed out and will write a letter to Home Depot, Lowe's, Best Buy and The Consumer Product Safety Commission with copies of the 16 pages of reviews I have. This will be sent USPS certified mail to each with return receipt to make sure each received.

I want to be sure each of the retail stores know they are selling dangerous products and the CPSC surely needs to take a look at this. Maybe nothing will come of it, but these stores need to be put on notice and when something bad does finally happen and sadly it will. contact me. I'll have proof they were notified. For me, I'm tossing the range. I won't have it in my house and it's damaged anyway. My last email to Ms. Sheena (she hasn't returned an email since I told her I can't find a serial number on my range). "How are you going to feel when someone dies in a fire caused by an LG range. You work for this company. Are you going to be able to look yourself in the mirror?" No response. Here are pictures of my Ninja and Range after the fire.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2022

I just bought my Double Electric Convection Oven range in late December 2021. The flat-top keeps on getting damaged after I use it. I had it replaced once and when it happened with the second top, I called LG and they said all they can do is replace the flat top again. I have had a flat top for many years and know what to do as far as pans, and not sliding the cookware, etc. The customer service representative kept on stating it was my fault and it was scratched. It wasn't scratched because I didn't do anything wrong with the pans. They told me at customer service all they could do was replace it again. I think that there is a defect with the flat tops because my old flat top didn't do what these flat tops are doing. I am upset with the product because I thought I finally got a convection oven that would cook right and it doesn't.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2022

Purchased a Flat top Range and received it TODAY. Oven works, no instructions for menu settings, cooktop doesn't work, called appliance store and they instructed me to call LG. LG says 2 1/2 weeks for a technician to come out. Have to wait 2 weeks for them to tell me my new $2000 stove is junk and I got to get it swapped out. Then I'll have to wait a week for that one and around we go. Should have stuck with my gut and went with a reputable appliance manufacturer not a ** cell phone maker. Who knew that making cell phones is easier than a stove.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2022

I purchased a refrigerator, dishwasher and gas range for my new home that I moved in to in 2019. Close to 5000$. Of course they are all out of warranty now and during Christmas of 2021 pieces of enamel was being found in my food I was baking in the oven. Needless to say this has to be a manufacturer's defect because nothing I have done would warrant chips of enamel falling off. I called they said, "Nope it's out of warranty." Even with the fact that we could have consumed some of the enamel they do NOT care. Even the man that I called about checking it out said LG was hard to work with. I am hoping to get this resolved soon being I can not use my oven for fear of consuming enamel. I was so proud at how all three units looked in my kitchen and people were impressed with the look of them. Shame on you LG for selling expensive crap!! And then refusing to take care of your customers.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2021

I purchased a LG 6.3 cu. ft. slide-In ELECTRIC Range with ProBake Convection and EasyClean from Costco in 2018 for around $1300. I don't use the range a lot (maybe 8-10 times a month). During the warranty period, 2 burners were not heating properly and the oven was always between 50-75 degrees under where is was set. Under the warranty the 2 burners were replaced, but the technician was not able to figure out why the oven was not heating properly. We tried adjusting the temperate settings using the oven's setting feature with no real results.

The month following the end extended warranty, I used the self-cleaning function on the oven which blew the thermal fuse. This was a $300 repair for parts and service call. Last night, the oven just quit working 10 minutes in to cooking a $170 prime rib roast for Christmas dinner after the temperature was turned up to 475 degrees. I might guess it is the thermal fuse again. Yes, the oven is now 4 years old, but it has never functioned properly since the day I purchased it, and it has gotten very little use. I would expect so much more from an $1800 appliance!

Original review: Dec. 13, 2021

Purchased a new LG Wall Oven (Model #LWS3063ST) from Lowe's a few years ago, which had received very little use when it stopped working entirely. Called LG, but they said because it was over 1 year old, they wouldn't do anything. However, the repairman discovered a burned electrical wire in the unit's factor control panel, a clear indication of a manufacturing fault that could have started a fire and burned our house down! I wrote the president's office of LG and sent pictures of the burned connection. They promised to reimburse our repair cost. Then, inexplicably, the lady says she no longer works in that office and now LG had not only refused to reimbursed us, they will not respond to us. Terrible, terrible service, and very questionable safety issues in their products. I would NEVER buy or recommend LG to anyone.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2021

We purchased our LG electric range in 2016 for remodel. It worked great for approximately 3 years & then the heating would not work properly, I have to set the heating at 425 to reach 350 temperature. Of course at this point it is out of warranty. I’ve had a LG service repair man out to fix & he could not figure out what it could be. I paid for his service & it actually worked properly for about 2 weeks then back to low heat. I’ve never had any problems with ovens. We bought all new LG appliances in the black stainless & no problems with them but the electric range is a fail. Will never buy anything LG ever again.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2021

After three deliveries of same electric LG double convection oven exactly a year ago, finally had one that worked. We have had no problems with the heat in ovens but the black glasstop has spots beneath surface and burners come on by barely brushing against knobs. There should be a recall as we've come close to burning things on top of stove by accidental touch of knobs.

LG Ranges author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

LG's history stretches back to 1947 when "Lucky" (Luk-Hai) was founded in Korea to produce plastics and other consumer goods. Since then it has become one of the biggest brand names in consumer electronics and appliances across the world.

• Large capacity options: Although LG doesn't offer an industrial product line, it maintains a variety of large capacity consumer units, giving users the benefits of increased space while maintaining in-home styling.

• Flexible support: LG gives consumers a variety of ways to pursue support issues, including easy phone calls, email or live chat support. In many cases, users can quickly schedule an in-home visit online.

• Extensive heating options: LG offers one of the largest arrays of model choices for consumers interested in convection or induction heating.

• Styling: LG has been recognized by several consumer groups for its commitment to providing best-in-class styling for its kitchen appliances.

• Smart home integration: LG maintains a company-wide smart home initiative, so its cooking appliances often come with an array of software and other electronics features for integration into a smart home.

LG Ranges Company Information