LG Ranges

Shop top brands on Appliances Connection

Visit Website

LG Ranges Reviews

Resolution In ProgressRated with 2 stars
Original review: May 15, 2020

I purchased a new LG Range 1/12/20 and about 60 days later I was cooking some fries in the oven. I turned it up to 400 and as I was walking away the inside glass shattered into a million pieces. After cleaning up the mess I contacted Best Buy who put me in touch with LG. My complaint is not necessarily against the range but the customer service at LG. After being on hold for 1 hour and 10 minutes I was finally able to give her the information needed to get a service representative to contact me for service. She said I would be hearing from them soon to get an appointment set up. After not hearing from them in over a week I started calling again just to be on hold for over an hour the run around again. If LG is out there please contact me. I would like to use my oven again.

LG Ranges response

Hello Craig. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 3 stars
Original review: May 12, 2020

We have not owned our stove for a year yet but are experiencing issues with the oven not heating up fast enough and the front burner labeled ultra great will not stay lit. Would like some help in this as it is not a year old yet.

LG Ranges response

Hello Stephanie. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

Get buying tips about Ranges, Ovens, and Stoves delivered to your inbox.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: May 5, 2020

I have a glass top double oven range. I had issue almost from the very beginning. First off the knobs turn too freely and have started a couple small fires due to this. Just having my dog walk by and bump a knob with his tail turns the burners on. The biggest issue I'm now facing is that my right hand burners will not turn on unless the left hand burners are also on and even then they only produce high heat. I tried to get my issues addressed while the appliance was still under warranty but LG is horrible to deal with. They requested a copy of my receipt which I provided but unfortunately they dont have people smart enough their to read the receipt where my range is clearly listed. I have given up dealing with them and will end up just replacing this hunk of junk and will never buy another LG and recommend everyone else avoids them too!

LG Ranges response

Hello Misty. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: April 29, 2020

I’ve owned this stove for approx 1 1/2 years and in this time my roommate and I have nearly burned the house down TWICE. The knobs are SO easy to accidentally bump and turn on. The first time I had a bag on top of the stove and luckily noticed before it started flaming, but my roommate started an actual full on fire last night with a basket of laundry. I’ve since taken the knobs off, but have read other reviews of people who have done the same, but that bumping the stems actually turns the burners on easier than if the knobs were in place???‍♀️ Ordered some child proofing so we’ll see how that works. No issues with cooking, but it’s NOT worth the risk!

LG Ranges response
    Lindsay we can fix the issue you are experiencing with a repair. Technician would modify the knobs so that it require a push and turn approach to the knobs.

In a private message we would need your address, model and serial number so that we can schedule a repair. Please let us know if you are interested.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: April 26, 2020

I have had my LG range for a year now. The oven consistently burns food in the back while the front is not even cooked. The convection feature does not seem to work correctly and only burns food quicker. While the oven takes a long time to preheat, it will cook foods about 5 minutes faster than the recipe calls for so you have to pay attention. I thought the easy clean feature was self cleaning, it is not! My oven is stained on the bottom despite wholehearted efforts to clean multiple times. One major safety concern is that while the oven is on, the metal front of the stove becomes extremely hot and can burn you if you lean against it while cooking on the stove top and the oven is on. The stove burners all cook differently at the same temperature.

The left front never brings water to a boil and it takes forever for any of the other burners to bring water to a rolling boil. The top is also difficult to clean and not like my old glass top. And lastly, and irritating quirk is that the range's timer requires only minutes but the LG range top microwave requires minutes and seconds. I have reversed this and burnt several things. I want my old Whirlpool range back! It was consistent and it worked. I will not buy an LG stove again.

LG Ranges response

Hello Candice. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Ranges?

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: April 19, 2020

I bought an LG gas stove a year ago and a microwave as well. What a piece of junk the stove is! It does not heat up fast. It takes 20 min to come to 350 and it does not even heat up right. I am always burning food which never happened unless it was my fault. It has 2 temps burnt or raw! I do use it a lot but that is no excuse. The blue interior has a haze on it I can't get rid of, I have tried everything under the sun. If there was a way to get my money back or fixed the interior I would but Google is no help.

Now the microwave, it went out 6 months ago I called them it took another 3 months for them to get someone to come out and we live in Northern VA not a rural area then another 3 months to get someone out to fix it. We hardly ever use it (the microwave) and to have the control board go out at 6 months is crazy. I got the extended and it's acting up again! I dont think I can ever buy an LG product again. If I had the money I would junk the stove and get something else. But I don't. I somehow doubt LG even cares. Neither one was cheap.

LG Ranges response

Hello Dina. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: April 12, 2020

I have an LG stove with Easy Clean. HA it is NOT easy to clean. I called the company back where I purchased it and they would not do anything, I called service and the man told me the clean cycle works correctly. I called LG and they got their money so that is all they care about. I am extremely disappointed with my LG appliances. This supposed clean cycle does not clean. I was told at one time this is designed to be cleaned after each use. I do not have time or energy to clean my oven everyday. Yes everyday! I cook something everyday. I am 70 years old and physically cannot get down on my hands and knees to clean an oven frequently. I will NEVER buy another LG again. Soon this stove will be sitting at the curb as trash!

LG Ranges response

Hello Karen.Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

Original review: April 9, 2020

I have 4 different appliances with the LG brand. I will never buy this brand again. Three out of the four appliances had major problems within a very short period of time. My range within 3 months. They expect us to repair it ourselves. Stay away from all of their products.

LG Ranges response

Hello Bob.Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

Original review: April 5, 2020

Like other reviewers, the same front left element of my induction range stopped heating. We are having the same problem and the range has barely been used and was purchased at the end of February 2019 but not installed and started using until May 2019. I have also tried unplugging the unit and plugging it back in but that did not help. We paid over $2,000 and the limited one-year warranty expired which is disappointing for how expensive this unit is. Very disappointed in the quality of this unit and we purchased several other LG appliances unfortunately.

LG Ranges response

Hello Mike.Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 3 stars
    Original review: April 4, 2020

This morning I tried to clean the over. I started with the "easy clean" procedure. There were still stains left, so I used oven cleaner from Smart & Final. I followed the directions on the can, but everywhere I sprayed the oven cleaner besides the inside of the door has become stained. It's almost as if the paint has been eaten away. I also didn't realize the difference between "easy clean" and self cleaning. Big difference! It seems as if the blue paint isn't up to oven cleaning products.

LG Ranges response

Hello Leo.Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG Ranges author review by ConsumerAffairs

LG's history stretches back to 1947 when "Lucky" (Luk-Hai) was founded in Korea to produce plastics and other consumer goods. Since then it has become one of the biggest brand names in consumer electronics and appliances across the world.

• Large capacity options: Although LG doesn't offer an industrial product line, it maintains a variety of large capacity consumer units, giving users the benefits of increased space while maintaining in-home styling.

• Flexible support: LG gives consumers a variety of ways to pursue support issues, including easy phone calls, email or live chat support. In many cases, users can quickly schedule an in-home visit online.

• Extensive heating options: LG offers one of the largest arrays of model choices for consumers interested in convection or induction heating.

• Styling: LG has been recognized by several consumer groups for its commitment to providing best-in-class styling for its kitchen appliances.

• Smart home integration: LG maintains a company-wide smart home initiative, so its cooking appliances often come with an array of software and other electronics features for integration into a smart home.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team