LG Ranges

Compare Ranges, Ovens, and Stoves

Research top Ranges, Ovens, and Stoves recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Bought stove in October of 2016. Didn't have gas line installed until Dec, but noticed when we reached up to use microwave we were accidentally turning one or both burners on. Called J. C. Penney about problem but were told that no gas would be released until the knob was turned far enough to light the burner and we would hear the clicking and would have time to turn it off. When we had gas installed to stove we found that wasn't the case. Just a small bump would allow gas to release without warning. Very dangerous situation.

At 64 years old we should not have to worry about such a problem. Spoke to J. C. Penney about the problem and were told if we had bought their warranty they could look into it. We were told to contact LG but are put in hold for literally an hour or more until I get frustrated and hang up. Wanting to know what consumer protection agency we can contact about the dangers of this stove. Haven't used the oven enough to say if there are problems with that. Sounds like this should be a class action.

While our new LG free standing dual oven gas range cooked superbly, it is a clear danger and we convinced our retailer to accept return, even though they advised that LG would not. The control knobs turned inadvertently, allowing the gas line to open, without igniting. The technicians claimed it worked as designed. How could that be? On multiple occasions reaching for something in the cabinets above or the microwave caused the knobs the move, despite only grazing the knob. In a separate incident, our electrician placed a tarp on the range to prevent anything falling on the cook top and again, an inadvertent touching ignited the tarp. While nobody was hurt this time and no permanent property damage, we refused to accept this. We were very pleased with our retailer, PC Richard, when they agreed to the return. We recommend that nobody accept the risk.

We enjoy LG's double range; we can bake a pizza on the top range and bake a turkey on the bottom (if we so wished) simultaneously. The alerts from the LG range are not annoying buzzards but are soothing melodies.

Not even a year with our stove and we had the fan go on the oven smell of gas fumes inside of oven when in use. Have extended warranty and still no one has been by to fix it been a month!!!! Then overbooked... and still no one has called back!!!! I had no oven for my Christmas dinner that I held for 30 family members!!! I will never buy LG ever again and made sure my family, friends and social media know about our experience... never again! Very unsatisfied.

Two weeks after installing our beautiful new oven in our beautifully remodeled kitchen, we had a graduation party for my son. As I was going to bed that night, the smoke alarms started blaring. The house was filled with black smoke. To make a long story short, my nephew bumped one of the knobs and started a plastic container on fire. All he did was bump the knob and started a fire that easily. Major design flaw. This oven is very dangerous!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG TV?

I asked the salesman at Best Buy which oven he would purchase. LG was his answer. It was a possible choice so that is what I bought. While installing the oven the floor was damaged. It took all day and since the stove has been installed. The light in front of the stove remains on. The clock on the stove does not work, never has been able to set for timed oven start. There is a crack in the left of the display screen for turning the stoves and oven on.

We have the LG model LDG4315BD. It has been installed less than a month and we have had several gas leaks that were found once the strong smell of gas filled the room. We have had at least 9 "almost" fires or burns of people. We have the set which included the microwave that mounts over it. We look ridiculous trying to use the microwave without accidentally touching the stove. The knobs turn easily without needing to be pushed in. A person just walking by and barely touching them sets the gas free. LG will only give us the exact same model stove, not a refund.

I have this stove. It scratches easy. The middle part that you use for a griddle work for first couple months I have a microwave above it and when I'm to near the panel that turns on electric oven it turns on. Very dangerous. The top range is gas. The knobs are foil, not stainless steel. The bottom is electric and the burner that heats oven melted. Had to replace it. I would never buy this LG products again.

I WON'T BUY A LG ELECTRIC RANGE AGAIN. The LG Range Oven model # LRE383ST01 we purchased in 2015 has been nothing but trouble. In the first year the burner and main board went out. Luckily we were still under the warranty so LG sent their technician to replace them. A few weeks after the warranty expired, the glass top made a pop noise and cracked like a spider web on the lower right burner and spread. We called LG, explained the situation and told them this seems a factory part defect. They politely blamed us of dropping something on the glass which was 100% false and they used "we are sorry" to gently fade their fault with this. We let it go - not to waste our time. Price of a new glass top is near $400.

Couple month after the new range top was installed the new glass top cracked again. It couldn't happen at a better time but Christmas Eve 2016, with having family over, around 4 pm while food cooking, the glass top made a loud pop noise and broke again on the lower right burner. Here was my experience with LG Range and dealing with the company who took the easy road to blame the customer for their defective part. Now I have an expensive LG range-oven with another broken glass top. My recommendation: Stay away from LG Range with glass top.

My LG oven has required 2 repairs; the circuit board on warranty, and now the "hidden" baking element gave out one week before Christmas. I called LG and quickly connected with a representative. This was my experience: Four lengthy attempts for her to get the serial number etc... She continually reversed the numbers (I'd say 486 and she'd repeat 864 sort of thing). And these numbers are located in the most awkward location for a person to read!!!

I explained the preheat could not reach its goal, and she tried to explain to me how important preheating was to ensure best baking results! I told her my baking skills were not the issue, it was the oven could not heat up!!! She told me to ensure the date on the front panel was correct. I told her my panel did not include the date. She had the manufacture date wrong... I decided to call a local repair service, they arrived the same day, and the repair will be done before Christmas, at half the cost, done by a reasonable capable service person. In summary, whenever I need a new oven, it will be a Samsung.

The LG Model LDE4413ST could have burned down my house! The knobs are way too sensitive, so whenever anyone brushes past them, even slightly and without the knob pushed in, the stove top turns on and you wouldn't even notice until it's too late. Very dangerous. Someone else in my family has a gas LG range and this happens to them all the time as well, so I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of other people have this issue. We put in a complaint with LG with pictures of the damage. Tim, whom my husband spoke with on the phone, told us "This wasn't your fault. We'll take care of it." Now, LG is telling us our home insurance has to cover it and they won't do anything about it. I have reported LG to saferproducts.gov and I'm looking into filing a class action suit.

Knobs on stove disintegrate & become nonfunctional & break. This is my 3rd replacement of knobs, & I will need a 4th replacement soon. The first 2 were covered by extended warranty. The knobs when bumped, can easily, cause gas to escape. The can happen with the lightest bump, & is generally unnoticed, by individual, until the strong gas smell is evident!

My communications over the years has been extremely frustrating, & unacceptable. I was told that "knobs are ornamental" by one employee. Another claimed it was my misuse because I left the oven door open. Once someone told me I would get replace the knobs free within a week. They never came! I finally bought new ones for about $275. The plastic overlay on what appears to be a metal knob is beginning to crackle. That means the cylinder that holds the knob on is soon to break. I bought the latest replacement knobs less than 6 months ago. It seems to me there is a sufficient case for a class action suit against LG.

Three of the four LG appliances that we purchased at almost $6,000.00 for the set, have failed in some way since the delivery in July, 2016. The stove has caused two fires. The Microwave computer display has gone crazy and displays all manner of odd characters blinking or scrolling across the display. It doesn't microwave for the time set so we don't dare trust it to do 20 seconds when it could easily do 6 minutes or more. *See Photos.

The Refrigerator began failing a little over a month after we installed it. This is a known issue to LG, as I see many buyers of the LG in-door ice maker refrigerators complaining of the same problem. Leaking water and ice build up in the door jam, forming ice in the door jam and inside the refrigerator, making it impossible to open the left produce drawer as the ice blocks it, or to close the front doors completely as ice builds up. *See Photos. The Dishwasher never worked correctly. The detergent compartment won't open. Not with liquid detergent, not with powder detergent, not EMPTY. The heating element doesn't work as the dishes come out sopping wet, even when I choose "Extra Dry" as a cycle.

The Stove is an EXTREME fire danger. The knobs turn so easily and light the flame automatically on high that me reaching over the stove to grab something has turned a burner on more than once. When we were installing the microwave this happened and our shirt, the cardboard and plastic we had protecting the stove from dust, all caught FIRE. Also our cat walking across the knob, turned it on, burning our cats fur. I can not imagine what would happen with children in the home. We should have to push in the knob and turn it in order to light the flame as a safety precaution. Any slight bump or brush on the knobs turns the burners on high. We have to put tape on the knobs to keep them from being turned on accidentally. I see this is a known issue from the volumes of similar complaints from consumers who have bought the LG gas stove.

In my opinion, this should be a Class-Action Lawsuit. I sincerely hope it doesn't require the loss of life or 3rd degree burns in order for LG to recall these stoves and do the right thing. So here we spent nearly $6,000.00 on new appliances even though we are on a fixed Military Disability income. Now we have $6,000.00 worth of paperweights by LG. The Model numbers of our appliances are as follows: LG Dishwasher LDT9965BD, LG Microwave LMHM2237BD, LG Gas Stove LDG4315BD, LG Refrigerator LMXC23746D.

Uninstalling these appliances and replacing them with Non-LG, quality appliances that will work and not fail, are a significant difficulty for us with my husband disabled and only me to complete the work. It will require me having to hire and pay someone to uninstall the appliances, move them out to the garage and then install the new appliances.

We will never buy LG anything, again. I am waiting for a response from LG. Calls to LG are useless with either overseas Operators saying "I am sorry Ma'am for the inconvenience" over and over. Or worse, saying that my issues are all "Cosmetic" and therefore not covered under manufacturer warranty. Calls to the United States Offices of LG also put me on hold forever and then I get hung up on. I did email LG again today. Costco has been much more responsive and I have been working with them over the last 4 months to get a resolution. I have asked Costco to stop selling LG Appliances in their warehouse and online.

Like the other review, if you set your oven to bake at 350, and watch a professional thermometer inside the oven, you will see the oven climb to around 475 and stay there for a few minutes while the panel says the temp inside oven is only 345. If you then set the oven down to bake at 345 in hopes of still being able to cook something before your house burns down, the oven will inform you that it is actually only 340 degrees in the oven, and continue blazing away until it is satisfied. It will eventually beep to let you know it is ready.

At that point, ensuring there is no flammable material within 10 ft, you will need to open the door and leave it open for about a minute to let it cool down. Once the oven has cooled down, you are now ready to cook, and the oven works flawlessly. I agree that the gas knobs are easily turned on when you brush against it, but that's just the way it is and I can live with it. Gas burners work flawlessly and I love cooking on it. Just wish I knew how to turn off the incinerator preheat setting.

In 2008 we bought an LG range. On the first cleaning, soot went into the oven door window. The same thing happened with the replacement range. LG then gave us a "better" range at no additional charge with the understanding that we could make no further claims. We haven't, but the third range had the same problem. Additionally, the whole back of the range moves when you try to turn something on. Now there's a crack there caused by the mere force of turning on a burner. Those burners take a long time to do small kitchen tasks like boil water. I bought an electric kettle for that. The range takes a full 10 minutes to get to 420. This is an extremely disappointing product.

Since I bought the unit in October of 2015 I have had nothing but issues with it. After installation the convection fan was hitting the unit causing a loud scratching noise. LG sent me a different blade which wasn't even the right one. Had to wait another week to get a new blade sent. Now the machine will not preheat. Does not show an error message. It just shuts off and sings a nice happy tune to let me know the unit is a piece of crap. I would not recommend this stove to anyone. If I could return it I would. Customer care is anxious to help you out by charging you $380.00 and a wait of 2 weeks to repair. I have a family of 4 and without a stove it's hard to cook food. They didn't seem to care just offered me another option for 265.00 with the same waiting period.

Model LRE3023ST the bottom drawer pull out is difficult and dangerous to your hands. You can easily be badly hurt when trying to pull out the bottom drawer to clean underneath the stove or if something falls behind. This bottom drawer is so difficult to pull out, it should NEVER EVER be used. This model should be recalled.

LG Gas Range Knob Safety Issue - We recently purchased a 30" slide-in LG gas range and soon found out that it does not take much for the control knobs to be unintentionally rotated to the on position and start releasing gas without us noticing it. One has to lightly press each knob and the mechanical safety lock is immediately released which means the knob can be rotated unintentionally and Gas starts to be released. So far in the space of less than 3 weeks we have had at least three incidences when we did not know that the knobs were accidentally turned on (perhaps by people brushing by) and were only alerted by the smell of gas filling the kitchen. The Home Depot seems to have no return policy for major appliances but we shall be going back to our local store to see if they will make an exception and replace this range with another model. If they refuse to take it back, you will hear from me again.

The knobs of this range are beyond cheap. When using the super burner (right front knob), I turned it to the OFF position. I left the house shortly after and received a call from my family that they smelled gas. Went home of find, that the right front burner in off position did not have a flame, but left the gas on, thus filling my house with gas. When I call LG, they gave me the run around then said, since I purchased it from Best Buy, I had to call them to complain about the knobs. Now for the math, 5 knobs, 3 broke. By the way, one of the knobs that did not break had a metal strip around it, to reinforce the plastic. Husband works in quality and said it would have cost them around $1.00 per knob to put that little piece of metal on each knob. LG stand behind your stuff! And build more durable knobs to start! WILL NEVER BUY LG AGAIN.

Almost the perfect range, it has everything you need or want. Unfortunately, it has a very dangerous design flaw. When anyone bumps against a burner knob, a burner turns on (normally on high). We recently had a situation where a glass baking dish was taken out of the oven and placed on the stove top. Someone accidentally bumped a knob, turning on the burner to high, where the glass dish was at. When my wife noticed the burner was on, she turned it off and tried moving the glass baking dish off of the burner, when the dish suddenly exploded. I contacted LG. I was told to buy the child safety cover for $30.00. This is a VERY expensive appliance. We shouldn't have buy something to make it safe when it should be safe to use in the first place. Think very carefully before purchasing this appliance.

LRE 3203 ST stainless steel electric range smooth top convection - This electric range is a Junk. Don't ever buy any LG appliances, same issue with the LG refrigerator and dishwasher. In 2012 just before Thanksgiving I purchased new appliances because I wanted all stainless steel thinking that these high-end all computerized LG appliances will serve me and my family at least for 5 years. Unfortunately I went with LG!! Big mistake!!!!! The worst appliances you could ever buy!!!

The stove basically started having issues after 2 years. The burners stopped working, replaced the control panel, didn't work!!! We replaced the cooking element, didn't work. Called the customer service, they told me that this stove is too old and basically I have to pay for a technician to come out who is going to tell me what is wrong with the stove and pay for everything! Junk, junk, junk!!! Thank you LG, Thanksgiving is just around the corner. My 3rd cooking element stopped heating Tuesday this week. I have to buy a new stove now. LG customer service is not helpful, don't even bother to call!

We recently purchased an LG Gas Range. It became apparent early on that there was a serious and significant manufacturing defect with the knobs which could pose a major safety threat to you and your family and home. Basically, if you even lightly brush up against the knobs, they may turn easily in the on position and either ignite a flame unexpectedly or emit gas also unexpectedly. We have had several near misses of people catching on fire and a few gas emissions which last over 30 minutes. I thought once I contacted LG they would immediately take action -- WRONG -- I am absolutely stunned at their response. They told me that they couldn't do anything about it and that I should buy child safety locks for the knobs. My previous gas stove was in the same location for 17 years and NEVER had this problem. We plan to take legal action since several other consumer have experienced the same problem. Shame on LG. They should be put out of business!

After much research and review we purchased the 6.3 cu. ft. Capacity Electric Single Oven Range with True Convection and EasyClean. He ordered it on December 29, 2014 and it was delivered in February 2015. Apparently it was not constructed until January of 2015. So I was excited for a brand new stove. I am an avid baker and love to cook. So having this stove was exciting!

Fast forward to October 19, 2016. Woke up early and went to heat water for tea. My LED screen had a time on it that was incorrect, so I tried to update the clock. Nothing worked. I freaked out and checked all the circuit breakers etc. Nothing then the screen went black. Fast forward to today, when they could finally come out to look at it. I need a new panel...Shocker. It's not even two years old. Good thing is that I purchased an extended warranty. But I have been without a stove for 7 days and it will be an additional 10 days until the part comes in. My guess is that this is a common problem. This is my first and LAST LG purchase. NEVER AGAIN!!!

My glass top range was purchased 9/27/15. On 10/22/16 the glass top imploded approximately 15 minutes after I turned it off. All burners cracked. I was barely out of warranty and most companies will work with a feasible solution. I was transferred to their warranty division and offered a premium protection policy for $414 for one year. The other option was a one time use warranty for $288.95 which would cover labor, diagnostics, and cost of labor. The glass top would be an additional $331.45. Neither plan covered the glass top which is my issue I called about. It appears this was an example of taking advantage of a consumer. I will not buy LG again!

I have an LG smooth top self cleaning convection oven range. It is just one year old. After self cleaning the oven last night, the inside of the door, and window have a black film on them. This does not wipe off. I called LG, and they sent me "cleaning instructions" and told me to use oven cleaner! If this doesn't work, I will have to replace the door, but it's not "covered" because it is one year old! I also purchased the extended coverage at Home Depot, BIG MISTAKE! Oh, that's not covered, only functionality items! I said, 'well, the self cleaning didn't "function" properly, and burned my oven door!" They replied, "oh, but the oven still works!!!" Are you KIDDING me? Does anyone have any idea how to get this black film off of my oven door and window???

LRE3013ST - I was hoping to read that there was a recall on this particular stove because of the Intuitouch control panel. I seem to use the same burner on the left-hand side of the panel and noticed a crack in the plastic. It's only a few years old. Also after oven on for half hour or so it shuts off and FB appears on panel. Why do they make things like used to???

Bought a stove from lg. This is a $2000 stove. New to lg. Just came out in 2016. About 3 months after purchase the stove needed a new brain, 2 thermostats and sensors!!! I need a new stove. LG executive customer service was rude and relentless. They would not replace the defective stove stating it just needs to be fixed. For peace of mind and for your sake do not buy Lg products. They care nothing about the consumer after they get your money.

Bought the LG Flat Top Range Model # LRE3023ST. Have had nothing but problems. Customer Service unwilling to resolve problems. We were sold a defective range. Paid a lot on disability can't replace.

I called to ask about the glass door. The only reason I purchased a new stove was the oven door was cloudy. So I bought a new stainless Steel stove. First the door dented very easy and I had to spend 300 dollars to repair a small dent when I had it just a few weeks. Then right before the warranty was up I noticed streaking inside oven glass. I called and was told that it was not covered. I will never buy another LG product!

Gas Range LSSG3016ST - I have owned this range only 3 months, but I am very frustrated with the moaning whistle noise that comes from the unit the entire time the oven is in use and for 15 minutes or so after the oven shuts off. I thought maybe when it was used a few times it would stop but it hasn't. It is not horribly loud but loud enough I can hear it throughout the kitchen and it really gets on my nerves. I would think for a $2000.00 oven it should be quiet. I am talking with customer service and will write another review per their response. As of this time I am not a happy camper and think this will be my last LG purchase.

Compare Ranges, Ovens, and Stoves