Save on Appliance Repairs

Save on Appliance Repairs

With the Best Home Warranty

Compare Quotes

496 LG Ranges Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 20, 2019

Bought LG LWS3063ST AT Best Buy / Order # **- delivered on 23th of February 23. Used first time 3 days after to discover that it does not bake properly and heating the drawer below too much (had a Frigidaire oven before with no heat of this drawer). Called the service immediately, however they were not willing to come, advised to try a couple of weeks.

As the problem continued called the service again (March 15, booked an appointment for the 19th, sent the requested photos of the model and also included the picture of unbaked food. Called on 18th to confirm the date for next day, to my surprise "service was not booked at all". They booked it again for the 20th and followed with the confirmation email with the phone # off the technician. I took day off and am waiting, called at noon to inquire when the tech is coming to discover that "service not booked" at all. Called the LG CS to be told that they did not have available technician in my area for today.

Original review: March 17, 2019

We bought a gas LG range in November 2017, we got the matching refrigerator, dishwasher, microwave and range after we bought a new house. We did not start using it until February 2018 when we moved into the house. Since that time the oven would periodically say it was at temperature but when you open the oven to put in whatever you were cooking you could tell that it was not up to temperature. At first it was sporadic and I thought at first I was doing something wrong. Then it was every time that you would try to use the oven it would not stay up to temperature. Called and got a repair person to come out, under warranty, and we were told the ignitor was bad and it was replaced.

It was less than a month later that it was doing the same thing. The repair person came out again, said again it was an ignitor issue. Ignitor was replaced again. (This time it was not within the warranty period.) It's been a couple months since the ignitor was replaced for the 2nd time and it is doing it again. I will never buy another LG appliance again. When you own an oven you expect that you can use it. Just thankful that the neighbor doesn't mind me using their oven to cook my meals.

Get expert buying tips about Ranges, Ovens, and Stoves delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 17, 2019

This is the worst design I have seen for a gas range. The knobs turn on easily. I first realized this after it had been installed and I told my husband, that could be so dangerous with kids in the home. We have accidentally hit them and turned them on ourselves so to have kids in the home would be awful. Even the older ranges have a safety feature for the knobs so they don't turn so easily. I woke up last night to a house full of gas. The stove had been running gas for at least 5 hours. We live in a multi level condo and the smell had become so strong upstairs that it woke me up.

I did read there is a "lock out" feature by pushing the lower clear/off button down for 3 seconds; however, it's a matter of always remembering to do that. I truly believe there should be a case made and there should be a safety recall on these stoves/ranges. Not happy. I will be shopping for something new. Regardless of the cost, what's the cost of our lives! Bad bad design. You would think in this day and age products would be safer than older models. Why then is this one SO dangerous???

Original review: March 14, 2019

I’ve had the problem with knobs of the range turning on when you lean against them. I searched for a solution for last two years, even on this forum. I finally found it. There is a LOCKOUT function, located on the “LOWER clear/off” pad. Hold for 3 seconds and it locks ovens and burners! Press for 3 seconds and it unlocks. Very easy and it makes this range safe again. I hope the people who posted this problem before see this.

Original review: March 12, 2019

The control knobs turn to the on position very easily. Our unit has the controls on the front and would allow children, or someone leaning against the stove to turn the burners on. This stove control system is very, very dangerous!! We have already melted multiple plastic containers which had been sitting on the top of our stove when the burners were accidentally turned on. LG, please fix this problems before a house fire occurs and people die!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG TV?

Original review: March 5, 2019

I was hesitant on purchasing another LG Range because 6 years ago I filed a lawsuit against them for advertising their specific electric range as a true convection with sabbath mode when in fact it was not. We won the lawsuit due to LG falsely advertising their product. This leads up to yesterday when I decided to give them a try again. Figuring they learned their lesson, I purchased their LRE3194BS. They (LG) claims on their website as well as on every website that sells this range (Best Buy is where I purchased) that it is in fact a True convection (3rd heating element behind the fan). After it was delivered yesterday I opened up the owner's manual and it stating it is NOT a true convection.

When I called LG customer service to find out exactly what was going on and to ask what the difference was with their "True Convection" & their new "Pro Bake Convection", the representatives could not tell me the difference. They then connected me to the corporate USA office in Alabama where a representative answered the phone. I explained not only my concern but also brought up the lawsuit 6 yrs prior and she stated this unit was NOT true convection. I asked about their webpage and the info they provide to retailers and she simply stated she has no idea who is responsible for putting correct and valid info online. I said this is just like years ago and you're falsely advertising your ranges again. She then Hung Up on me. Hopefully another attorney will pick up a new case against them.

Original review: March 4, 2019

We used the self clean function for the first time on the oven which is only 2 years old. The oven completely shut down, nothing turns on at all, the oven door is locked closed, and when we called LG they said tough luck our warranty is only 1 year old! Do NOT BUY ANY LG APPLIANCES, STAY FAR AWAY!!!

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

I bought this LG Gas Slide In Stove Model LSG4511ST from Home Depot online on Feb 17, 2018. Within a few weeks of barely using it all five burners on the stainless steel stove top were corroding with rust. We just spent a ton of money remodeling our kitchen and were excited to get our first and new Slide in Gas Stove. Well the nightmare began. We contacted Home Depot and they referred us to LG. Home Depot wouldn’t speak to us. We paid $1300 for the stove After many calls, chats and emails to LG customer service and their executive office they replaced the entire SS stove top and all five burners after SIX months of hell with them. They didn’t show up, excuses, no response to emails, no call backs - HORRIBLE company.

Then within a short time after they replaced parts it started corroding AGAIN around ALL FIVE burners. The calls, chats, emails to LG started again and this time they don’t respond at all. I tried Home Depot also and they will not take any responsibility. Nothing! I am sitting here with a defective ugly stove in the middle of our brand new kitchen. I am now forced to sue them. I filed a complain the US Bureau of Consumer Goods a month ago, was assigned a complaint number and “investigator” name and email and they don’t respond either. I have tons of documentation of this nightmare and photos. The icing on the cake is I wrote a review for the stove on www.homedepot.com and they “rejected” it. They didn’t want the public to know the truth about a product they sell!

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

One of the dangerous times was when I woke up in the middle of the night smelling gas. The knob on the stove for the burner had turned on slightly without my knowledge. The whole house was filled with gas. This happens frequently but I am normally aware of it when it happens. Any time I lean against the stove or I am trying to clean it, the knobs turn on. This would be EXTREMELY DANGEROUS WITH PETS OR SMALL CHILDREN.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

This built-in oven came with the house. It's beautiful. But, I don't think it's ever worked quite right. There are lots of things I like about it - the proof setting for proofing bread, roll-out rack, convection roast mode. However, it does not hold oven temperatures properly, preheats slowly, and the fan is noisy. It is now totally dead at less than 6 years old, and won't heat on any setting. We are waiting for a service callback, who knows how long it will be. I would not be surprised if parts are no longer available as this seems to be a problem with LG and Samsung. If we have to buy another oven it won't be an LG. I wish I could find an induction or smoothtop range that performs well but does not have a lot of electronics, which seem to be the bane of all modern ranges. I am an experienced cook and baker but do not like gas as we have a tight house.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

They are extremely dangerous as you can see from other people's reviews. I have the same experiences. Including accidentally brushing a knob as I took my small children upstairs to bed. I also went to bed and 30 minutes later went downstairs to get water. At that time the entire downstairs was filled with gas. The house could of exploded in the middle of night with us in it. Or been asleep while the fumed reached us upstairs! If I hadn't gone I don't know what could of happened us! My almost two year old can turn the stove on. It is extremely dangerous. If you see this file a complaint and make LG do the right thing with these knobs. Shame on you LG!!!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

I got my stove 6 months ago and had the same issue as so many others. The stove knobs turn on so easily by accident. It's very dangerous, most times we would know we bumped the knob and just turn it off, but we had one close call when the knob was accidentally turned on and we didn't realize, well one close call was enough for me. Range LG as many others have said “what a waste of time“. So I started online looking for something to protect my family and I. I came across RangeSafe knobs. I saw these safety stove knobs online and while not cheap, it is impossible to turn the knobs on accidentally. For me the price was worth the peace of mind knowing NO MORE ACCIDENTAL KNOB TURNS.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

4 year old LG stove is garbage. Display board went out. Part is now obsolete and unavailable. Short life span, horrible customer service, replacement parts impossible to get. Even local repairmen and parts distributors had negative feedback on LG. We had to buy a new stove, and it is NOT an LG.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

I had to put makeshift knob type stops on burner knobs. A small bump turns them on. I can't believe there is not a recall based on this serious safety flaw! Also the upper oven does not cook evenly, the back side burns food.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

Had issues with knobs - almost got burned. Very expensive stove. Cannot bake in oven. LG company is joke. Called over a two year period - get the runaround. Terrible to deal with. Now we have a stove I cannot use. Paid almost two thousand dollars for it. When we call it’s at least one hour on phone!!! No results. Wish someone could help us. We cannot afford to buy another stove. Don’t buy from LG.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

I purchased LG oven in March 2019. We, my daughter and I, have burned several items due to us not immediately noticing that we had bumped into the knobs. I have even come home to a house full of smoke and smoke alarms going on after this happened to my daughter. This is too dangerous and some government agency should force LG to recall this oven due to the potential risk it could cause. In addition, I just recently replaced the convection oven fan and another fan. I was without an oven since Christmas. Now it sounds like a Diesel engine. LG sent out a company that took over 3 weeks to get the necessary parts to repair the oven.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

The easy clean oven feature is useless even if used weekly! Would advise everyone to save their money and avoid purchasing this appliance. I am so sorry I didn’t read reviews prior to my purchase. Surfaces especially on the sides of the oven are not cleaned. Even the scraper does not help because difficult to use on sides of oven where racks are. Can’t use easy off to help because of cleaning instructions. Just a terrible purchase.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

I am very dissatisfied that this new range panel is malfunctioning after LESS than 6 months of use. The light button will not work and on one of the front eyes the eye button will only go on High and will not go cooler. The oven will not turn on. Very poor quality product.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

LG RANGE IS EXTREMELY DANGEROUS. The knobs on the front can go on incredibly easy. Just a light brush up on them and it turns the stovetop on. I've burned plastic bags, pot holders, myself. I cannot understand how this is even legal? I'm worried about a kid accidentally turning it on when I'm not home. Make a fix before someone gets hurt.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

We bought an LG oven (model LRG4115) this summer (2018) and we can’t believe this oven is still on the market. It is so dangerous. We have brushed up numerous times against the knobs and the gas comes on automatically without us even knowing it. Luckily we have remained in the house afterward and smelled the gas so we were able to shut it off before something major happened. The knobs turn so easily and the gas comes on so quickly, unlike most other gas ranges that take several seconds before the fire lights up. We haven’t contacted LG yet but that is our next step. I want this oven out of my house before something horrible happens!

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

Our LG range was purchased July 12 2018. Three months later in October we got an F3 error on the panel. We called for service and 4 times a technician was sent out to replace the panel but no one ever ordered the part. So week after week waiting for either a part or just replace the range we were not able to cook for three weeks. Again we called and was advised to submit a claim with receipts, we did that. Then after customer service advised us we needed to show PROOF of purchase.

After 45 minutes on HOLD we were at that time advised they will only allow $150.00. No one ever explained this at all. Home Depot said after 48 hours it's the manufacturer. LG is now saying it's the parts A&E appliance specialist that should have deemed it not repairable but LG said it has to break 3 times... What a nightmare... Thanks for ruining my Thanksgiving. Hope everyone at LG enjoyed cooking for their families!! I gave them one star because you had to choose.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

After two fires and repeated calls to the LG company, I finally found someone who was able to point out that many LG ranges can be locked when not in use to prevent easy turn on on the elements. Page 24 of the owners manual says to press and hold the CLOCK button for 3 seconds to lock. If you have children or a tall dog (my dog has turned the stove on twice) it is a MUST to lock it.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

We purchased this oven in February 2016 years ago and it stopped working properly several months ago. Now the oven temperature does not get hot enough even when raising higher than the normal range. We can't bake anything properly with it because at best, it takes twice as long. Also, this oven has never been easy to clean as advertised. We have found that we have to work just as hard as we did with our older models, and with chemicals to get it clean. It has been a discouraging experience to have purchased a model that was a supposed upgrade only to have it not working in less than 2.5 years. Unfortunately, the warranty was only for 1 year and we did not purchase an extension.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

I bought LG Gas stove which has easy clean. Well most of us think it will clean the oven. It don't. They advertise self-clean but when you get it and read it's Easy Clean which doesn't even start to clean grease or burned on stuff. Why not advertise buy a can of Oven cleaner then press easy clean. I am so disappointed and feel misled. I've only had this since the beginning of October and have been going round in circles with LG.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

I wrote a review earlier about how the burner on the stove turns on if you brush up against the knobs. It does this without you even being aware and the next thing you know the ** house is burning down. This happened 3 different times and luckily I was still in the house when this happened. One time I was getting ready for work and had my dinner packed in a nylon bag and just before I left for work I heard something sizzling in the kitchen and the whole ** bag was on fire. Not happy about this ** at all.

Anyway I left one of these reviews earlier asking for advice on what I could do about the situation since LG does not give a ** about these problems according to other reviews. But since my last review a couple of hours ago I went to church and then came home to cook dinner and I realized the only solution to my problem with this hazardous ** stove that cost about $1,700 if you pay full price is to remove the knobs and keep them off at all times and only use them while you are cooking. I now keep them in a bowl on top of the stove and my mind will be at ease especially when I’m not at home. In one review the ** dog turned the stove on while the people were away. LG gives not one ** about this problem. I hope this helps someone else who is at wit's end. Good luck.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

The knobs on my NEW THREE MONTH OLD stove are so touchie I’ve turned them on without even knowing, and have it catch on fire on my glass top and burned myself trying to put it out. This was on 7/21/18. I called the company and emailed SEVERAL times. Getting told, they will get back to me even after I told them how dangerous the knobs are and it happens all the time. I told them I’m scared children or adults can seriously be burned. Then I sent them pictures and kept getting the runaround because I didn’t need to go to the emergency room they said. (I was not trying to sue them) just let them know how dangerous it is. I now have permanent fire damage on my three month old glass stove top. I asked if they could fix it and the phone supervisor (accidentally) hung up on me when I called back with my case number. They said they have no record of me calling at all. And have not seen the faxed pictures they told me to send.

Then today 12/7/18 same thing happened and once again. This time a big fire we had to put out. Now my pretty glass top stove looks terrible but lucky no major fire damage - just a terrible looking stove. The sad thing is I have LG stove, microwave, refrigerator, washer and dryer. You think a big company like their’s would take this seriously.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

I tried to EasyClean feature three times and it did not work. Then I called LG multiple times. They finally sent out their technician who agreed that it is not working. He recommended I called priority services and they said we can’t do anything about it because the oven is still functioning correctly. I contacted the Better Business Bureau of New Jersey and had many email conversations with them and LG headquarters and the final decision was I’m supposed to use three or four different types of chemicals to clean the oven because their feature does not work. We are in our 70s and scraping back of oven is not an option, only bought this oven because of the EasyClean feature.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

Major issue: EASY CLEAN is not. There is no self clean feature which seems unbelievable in a $775 range. We like others (we with two new knees) used the easy clean three times exactly how suggested in Manual. Also after 2 phone calls (and later 3 emails) was told to bake at 375 degrees with water (like in easy clean method). Later told to try mixing vinegar and baking soda. NO luck. If I may also mention setting the timer to either bake start/stop or to simply use the timer usually turns oven off. Not sure how to overcome or understand that process. There are a few other suggestions but if only the oven would get clean we could use the oven w uncovered dishes, steaks, etc.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

BEWARE! Just bought the newest electric LG range and I was deceived by the EASY CLEAN feature! This does nothing! No self cleaning feature on an expensive oven! What a joke! I tried to clean hard cooked on food and where I scrubbed it actually damaged the enamel on the bottom. Would never had bought oven if I had known there was not self-clean. I have bought LG before and it always had a self clean. I will never buy another LG without the self cleaning feature. They should advertise better and let consumers know there is no SELF-CLEANING ON THIS OVEN!

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

I bought a kitchen package and felt I was getting quality top of the line products. I am so disappointed with the easy clean function that does nothing and completely shocked it did not have the regular self clean function that I have had on all my stoves for over 20 years. I feel I went backwards on features. Oven works good and I like the convection feature. But cannot get it clean can’t use oven cleaner and thought oven cleaning in my past.

LG TV expert review by ConsumerAffairs

LG's history stretches back to 1947 when "Lucky" (Luk-Hai) was founded in Korea to produce plastics and other consumer goods. Since then it has become one of the biggest brand names in consumer electronics and appliances across the world.

• Large capacity options: Although LG doesn't offer an industrial product line, it maintains a variety of large capacity consumer units, giving users the benefits of increased space while maintaining in-home styling.

• Flexible support: LG gives consumers a variety of ways to pursue support issues, including easy phone calls, email or live chat support. In many cases, users can quickly schedule an in-home visit online.

• Extensive heating options: LG offers one of the largest arrays of model choices for consumers interested in convection or induction heating.

• Styling: LG has been recognized by several consumer groups for its commitment to providing best-in-class styling for its kitchen appliances.

• Smart home integration: LG maintains a company-wide smart home initiative, so its cooking appliances often come with an array of software and other electronics features for integration into a smart home.

• Best for: Users cooking for one and users cooking for families.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs