LG Ranges
1.37/5
Based on 46 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

LG Ranges

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 18, 2018

422 LG Ranges Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 18, 2018

We have had ours for almost a year. These LG stoves that have knobs on the front seem like a great idea. EXCEPT when you cook and bump into these stoves, the buttons turn on. We have had two near fires in kitchen had someone NOT been home and these knobs got bumped before we left we would have come home to a major house fire. We have tracked the knobs for 5 months since the first two incidences and today after last night, I am junking this new oven and buying a safer one-too dangerous to give away. NO it won't be an LG. I have read that they don't do much in fixing the problems. But I will contact where I purchased the stove and let them know of the dangerous stove they are selling.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

LG Gas Range LDG4315ST - I have owned this stove for a little more than one year. It is flat-out dangerous. The knobs on the stove turn on way too easily. Sometimes the burner will ignite and sometimes just gas escapes into the room. My latest attempt at a fix with LG resulted in them saying they are sending me replacement knobs. I am pretty sure this will not solve the problem, but will update if possible. I had the stove listed for sale, but could not in good conscience sell it to anyone else.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

We purchased our LG stove last year in March. The controls for the stove top and the oven are currently not working. I am having an extremely difficult time getting any cooperation out of their customer service department. If we end up having to pay for this ourselves, we will likely just replace the stove. It has proven to be nothing more than a piece of junk. I did a lot of research before we bought the stove and it had excellent reviews. I’ll be more cautious next time.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

December 15 - I took delivery the LG gas range, opened it as the delivery truck was leaving (they did not install it) and I noticed the interior glass was not seated properly and had a small crack. The delivery truck had just pulled away, so sending it back at that moment wasn't an obvious option. I immediately called Home Depot, who gave me the LG customer service number. In my first call to LG, they immediately offered me a compensation check to have a repairman fix it. I agreed to this. Then LG transferred me to their parts and repair dept. The person in parts and repair said it couldn't be repaired, because it was not installed yet, even though it is just the oven door. At this point LG customer service number was closed for the day.

December 16 - I called Home Depot service back first to get help. They personally called LG and had a ticket created in the LG system for replacement instead. They said in about three days I would get a call to schedule the new range delivery. December 21 - I hadn't heard from LG yet, so I called them. They said a manager there had cancelled my replacement ticket without calling me to let me know(!), because I had been issued a damages check, and I could no longer get a replacement. I explained that LG Parts and Service told me I could not have it repaired, because it wasn't installed. LG said they would send an independent technician out and they would decide whether it can be repaired without installation. December 26 - Technician is no call, no show.

December 27 - Technician comes out, tells me LG will probably just issue a replacement, he has to submit a claim. He will call me in about 3 hours with an answer. I don't know what this means for the damages check they were going to issue? December 29 - I start calling the repair company back for an answer. I talk to someone there 1-2 times a day thereafter, each time they say they don't have an answer, but will in a few hours. January 5 - I give up, the appliance repair service isn't calling me back. I call LG, say I don't think a claim was ever submitted on the oven door. The notes in the system at LG now seem to indicate I was in the process of a replacement, rather than repair? NOW, three weeks later, they say a replacement *can* be done (I am not confident I will receive the damages check anyhow). I am fed up, I tell them I want that damages check at this point, so they will have to find another company to repair it.

They transferred me to LG parts and service. I asked parts and service if they can simply send me a new oven door, and I will send the old door back? There are two metal clips that hold the door on, you just flip them up and slide it out, I believe it's designed this way so you can take the door off to clean it. They will not let me handle this. I am given the name and number for a new repair company, and told they will be in contact with me ASAP. The new repair company hasn't contacted me yet, and isn't answering their phone right now. Both repair companies have very low ratings online, complaints through the BBB as well - though with something this simple, I don't really care - as long as they can repair it quickly. That doesn't appear to be a possibility. The LG repair and service escalated my request, which was supposed to lead to a callback from an executive team within 48 hours. They never called back.

January 8 - The Twitter account for LG helps me in a direct message, which was more effective than any phone call I placed. They arranged an LG employee technician in my area to repair the oven door. The Twitter account person said it was requested the parts be pre-ordered, repair date is January 15. January 14 - I installed the oven in preparation for arrival of my new oven door parts. January 15 - The LG technician calls and says we have to reschedule because of a back injury. 1/19 was my new date he gave me... But then I asked if he pre-ordered parts. They were not pre-ordered. The technician checked stock in your system for the door glass. There is no stock available on the door glass, he doesn't know if there WILL be stock on the door glass in the near future, but he has put the order in now. He said to check back in two days for a status whether there will be glass.

I made a big mistake installing the oven beforehand. I followed up with the Twitter account person, who was helpful again, but said the system indicates he has not ordered the glass yet. January 17 - The second outside repair shop, which I never was able to get ahold of, showed up at my house while no one was home, called me and said they were there to fix the range! They said LG (India call center, parts and repair) set up the appointment date and time. No one from LG called me about there being an appointment scheduled. I told them I have a factory tech already scheduled, they didn't have parts to fix it anyways.

January 19 - When I check the online status, the technician still has me listed as a scheduled repair today. However, the status of the parts are still "back ordered" days later. How are there not parts available? 5 weeks as of today. Update: spoke to tech, parts are back ordered until at least the end of February. If the parts and service had told me this 5 weeks ago, the first time I spoke with them, I would've demanded a new oven. I assume I will be able to get a new oven, has not happened yet though.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

Our LG range was emitting dangerous levels of carbon monoxide. After two weeks and first paying a $200 flat fee, an LG approved technician finally came and replaced some parts and fixed it. He said it likely a manufacturers defect but he can't say 100% which means that LG keeps their fee. In the meantime, I've written two letters to LG (where it says they will reply within 24 hours) and gotten no response, spoken with two customer service managers who show no concern for the fact their appliance put my family in danger, and spent way too much time on hold on the telephone and online chat with very little to show for it. Their lack of customer service is appalling.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG TV?

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

Initially the LG double oven and 5 burner stove top looked amazing. It did just what we wanted it to do during the holidays. The super boiler burner is great. The double oven did everything we needed for the holiday dinners. The only problem is the burners turn on (Gas) with the least amount of pressure on the knobs. Other reviews have express the same danger and LG does not have a fix according to other reviews. I went to my local hardware store and bought springs that I cut to length and placed them behind the knobs to provide the need for more pressure to activate the ignition. It's a matter of time before clothing or other items get caught on fire. Especially with the Super Boiler burner.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2017

LG only allows "LG-trained" Technicians to repair LG appliances and when there is no "LG-trained" Tech in your area, you're out of luck even if the item is still under warranty. LG has the worst Customer Service I've ever experienced... They just don't care. In our case, it's a simple $30.- part for a range that I could install myself but after endless phone calls we got no help from LG. In 2018, we're looking at a new washer/dryer combination and a new TV and you can bet that it's not going to be LG.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2017

In July 2017 we bought an LG electric/convection double oven stove. Almost as soon as we installed the appliance our first incident with the stove happened. I barely brushed the stove knob and the burner turned on. My husband happened to have his hand on the burner and he felt the heat. That should have been our first warning. Jumped forward to December 27, 2017 @ 6:29 pm. Shortly after my husband had heated up his dinner in the microwave, which is above the stove, I smelled something like plastic burning. I said to my husband I bet you bumped a knob on the stove. He proceeded to the kitchen and when he opened up the door flames and smoke billowed into our living room. Between the two of us we contained the fire and help was on the way.

My review regarding this stove cannot be put in stars because they don’t have a negative value. As far as cooking on the stove we had no issues. I loved the double oven. But from our first experience shortly after installation to the night our house caught fire, the knobs were a concern. We have grandchildren who use the microwave... I shudder with the thoughts of what could have happened to them. There were no push then turn knobs, which is a common safety on most stoves, Or the knobs could have been on the back of the stove like some stoves. Now we are facing a total remodel on the kitchen, new cabinets, multiple appliances... etc.

Yes, we have insurance but that’s not the issue. This fire could have been prevented if the knobs had a safety feature. I feel for the individuals who have the gas stove. I understand their concern. Gas leak vs fire makes for a bad day. With as many reviews I have read regarding this particular problem, LG should have a recall on this model stoves. Look into rectifying the situation so this does not happen to someone else and turn their world upside down. So as far as LG products are concerned, I’m boycotting them. We even have several other household products but when the stop working, no more LG products in my house. LG needs to step up their quality control on the designs of their kitchen appliances. You should never live in fear of ACCIDENTALLY turning on an appliance.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

I feel it important for consumers to know that this stove is dangerous. A simple walking by the knobs and brushing up against them will ignite or start to let gas flow without igniting. I have come home with my house filled with gas because the knobs were brushed by when leaving. A good service tech came to my home and said LG does not have a fix for this currently. A simple splash guard in front of the knobs would fix this. I don't want my family and house to be blown up because of the faulty knobs on the LG gas range. Beware. I would not purchase this product again.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

My LG double oven range was manufactured in July of 2014. I purchased it not long after. It is now December 2017 and it is over $500 to repair. A relay board has failed and LG cannot get me the part until after Christmas. I got rid of this bad product and purchased a GE stove. LG customer service was abysmal. I will never purchase another LG product again.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2017

I purchased the LG 6.3 cu ft self clean oven in black stainless. 12 months in (even though I baby it and am very careful) the paint is chipping off. Now 1 month later the fan motor growls every time I use the oven. I called LG and asked if they would cover the repair simply because it is so very recently out of warranty. No. No chance. $125 to have a technician assess it and then whatever the parts and labor are to repair it. If the product is only designed to last 13 months perhaps it should be cheaper than $1100. I have used it approximately 300 times for about an hour max each time. So 300 hours of use should be all you should expect.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2017

I love this stove but the knobs are very dangerous. My son and husband almost caught on fire by leaning over to use the microwave. My son and I felt ill to discover a knob was slightly turned putting out gas. A slight brush against the knobs is all it takes. I get up all night scared someone has brushed against that stove and I would not recommend this product because of this safety hazard. Otherwise I love all my LG products. I wish they would correct this problem before tragedy occurs.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

LSG4513ST.BSTELGA / Range danger for burn/natural gas leaking. This range has had issues since day one. Serviced one time by LG tech who said; "I've replaced the components with the updated parts; but that won't fix the problem". We the owners and guests have accidentally turned burners on and burned ourselves. An even bigger, more dangerous problem is the burners being on enough to leak gas and not light; or when on low; the flame will go out and continue to fill the home with natural gas until you notice. After several months of trying and finding out the LG factory repair person in the area; no longer works for LG; we have an appointment scheduled with an "authorized service company". I would rather just have it replaced and preferably before a serious injury, fire or explosion takes place!

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

Bought new LG electric range in 2016. Installed summer of 2017. Stopped working November 4 2017. Called LG. Under warranty. Took 2 weeks to get a service person out. He said it was the control board and ordered parts. Parts took 2 weeks to come in. Service person said they would install on Nov. 30. December 8- still my stove is not working. Called LG. They said sorry we have to wait for the repairperson to do their job. Give it 3 more days. Beyond frustrated-it is impossible and expensive to feed my family of 6 without a functioning oven. Additionally LG said they had escalated my case and then closed it without actually talking to me. Incredibly poor customer service. I will never buy another LG appliance. Unfortunately my house is currently full of them. Hope they keep working.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2017

LGR4113ST - I love how this oven bakes/roasts at such an even temperature. However, the front knobs turn much too easily (they only need to be pushed in maybe 1-2mm). I called after I inadvertently turned the gas on, while reaching for a spice, to see if there was a retrofit, but was told no. My kids late teens/early 20's have all accidentally turned the knobs on the range, and I've come home no less than three occasions to my home reeking of propane. I thought there were laws in place to prevent such hazards. Do not buy this if you have little ones as it's much too dangerous.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

We have had our LG Electric Range (LSE4613) since September of 2017. Within this two month period, we have had quite a few incidents when the burners were turned on without us realizing they were on. This last time, we were seconds from significant fire damage to our home. As many others have noted, because the LG stovetops can be turned on by the slightest touch, brush or bump, it is a huge safety hazard. LG needs to develop a fix for this dangerous problem before there is a major recall or lawsuit. There is a lock feature, but it's not possible to have it on at all times. The self cleaning feature also seems dangerous. While cleaning, the tile and surrounding granite became too hot to touch, so we turned it off within one hour.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

I've been VERY careful with cleaning the top of the range and am finding that the surface is pitting. I use Dawn soap only. Can't seem to get anywhere with having it checked out. My daughter bought a similar Sears range and has no problem with it.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

I purchased stove on 17 August 2016, today as I was wiping off the stove top one with Dawn dish soap and soft dishcloth I noted that a spot on the coating of the center grate had peeled off. It looks as though it will spread. I have not used any harsh chemicals, cloths, or abrasive scrapers. I have only used the center grate ONE time. I called customer service and was told to call the parts people since my 1 year warranty had expired, I would therefore need to purchase a new grate! Also, the oven is almost impossible to clean. It requires repeated applications of water and now they recommend adding baking soda and repeat again for cleaning. This is a horrible appliance. Also purchased LG Refrigerator and Microwave. I can only imagine upcoming problems with them. Customer Service simply tells you what they cannot do. Do Not Buy LG products.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

I purchased this range (LG DOUBLE OVEN RANGE) new in July 2017. This is not the first time I have had this problem since the purchase of this range with the front knobs being turned on by accidentally brushing up against them. This morning I smelled something burning. Upon checking found one of the knobs on the electric range was turned on apparently from brushing up against it earlier. There was a glass baking dish on top of the burner that was on containing a cake made earlier in the week. Upon touching it to move it off the burner it exploded into small pieces all over the kitchen and surrounding food. Thank goodness no one was injured. This is a major problem and it should be recalled or corrected before someone is seriously injured.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

Purchase this LG Electric Range LRE3012ST in 2011 and oven stopped heating correctly in August 2016. Repairman stated the oven control board and oven sensor need replacing. The oven sensor part was available, however LG no produce the oven control board. I call LG and they referred me to ENCompass who in turn sent an incorrect part; was later told by customer service, part was not available and there was nothing they could do. How can you produce products and not parts for the products? I have not been able to reach executives as of to date and still without a working oven. Bad... customer service.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

This range has been very good for baking, roasting and broiling. And it is self-cleaning. The convection setting works well. Enjoy the tunes when oven has pre-heated or timer goes off.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

I purchased this range in April, 2017 when the contractor that was installing flooring damaged my Whirlpool range that I had and dearly loved. In speaking to the salesperson she spoke very highly of LG products and talked me into purchasing a model with the convection oven (LRE3061BD). In August, 2017 the fan in the oven started making a screeching noise. Since then the fan has quit completely. I called LG and they sent a new fan, motor and electric board. I have had 5 different appts for the repair company to come out and fix the oven; however, no one has ever shown up. Each time when I call customer service I get the same answer, "We will have to locate a service company and they will give you a call in 48 to 72 hours to set up an appt to repair."

I have taken off work 2 of these 5 times and no one showed up. When I called the service company they stated that LG told them I had cancelled the appointment. I will never purchase another LG product because they don't stand behind the product and their customer service is horrible. I work in a very culturally diversified company and I can understand dialect and accents very well; however, it is very difficult to understand the customer service representatives and they are very rude. They will not listen and talk over you. I have spoke to a Jeannie, Rodney and Donald and all of them have the same answer... "I will have a service rep call you within 48 to 72 hours." I'm just hoping that my annual Thanksgiving dinner for my 16 guests turns out decent, if not it may be Pizza Hut!!!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

Don't buy this oven - it's a dangerous design and a safety risk. My LG double oven came with the house I recently purchased. In the 9 weeks of living in my home, the stove has been accidentally turned on 5 times, with burners heating up without knowing it until a accident occurs. The most recent incidents were caused by my dog, almost catching a box on fire - when I got to the kitchen, the box was glowing orange. This morning, my dog was trying to eat the leftover chicken casserole I had in my large Pyrex dish on the stove. She accidentally turned on the burner and the large did completely shattered all over the kitchen - countertops, floor and stove had glass everywhere.

On the other occasion it was a simple case of just pushing the front buttons and the burner automatically turns on. My daughter and I had this happen. This range is very poorly designed and should be of a grave concern if you have small children. They are very easily able to access those front burner buttons. Today I am having a new GE double oven installed (at my cost of $1200), but the burner buttons are high on top of the control panel. For my own piece of mind and safety for my family, I felt this was needed. I can't comment on the product performance, but the design is definitely a risk. This design is not unique to LG, many other manufacturers have front buttons, but I can't comment on how easy they turn on.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

After 1 year and 2 months, the stove controls stopped functioning. That required a change in the electronics board and about $300 in bill. I expect this to happen every year. This product is not worth $300 in repair fix every year. Don't buy it.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

I have owned my LG range for almost a year. I have no complaints as far as how my range works and with that part I am happy. But, there have been 3 separate instances where I have smelled gas in my home only to find one of my knobs turned just slightly enough to let gas leak out. For this feature, I am very dissatisfied and I would not recommend this range to anyone. I am constantly checking the knobs to make sure they are off.

I called LG as many others have regarding this issue and they advised me to check on Amazon for some child protective covers, at my cost. I told them this was not good enough. I had bought all new kitchen appliances, all LG and have just purchased a new dryer which is LG also. It was very poor customer service but when I voiced how I felt, she offered to send a serviceman to my home to look at the knobs and if needed, he would try to fix the problem. Buyer beware, especially if you have children, this range is dangerous to have in your home.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

Bought higher-end LG Electric stove, in 2014 and in about 3 yrs the heating elements are going bad. As of 2 weeks ago, the front right element is useless. Now the 2 left elements are acting up. If I turn on the back left one, the front left one also turns on, creating a dangerous (unexpected) hot surface issue. In all the years and all the different places I lived in, we've only had lower cost non-LG models, that never failed. This time we paid more and in no time it's going to hell. I will never consider LG for any category of products.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

We bought an LG Studio top of the line and are having issues with interior light bulb keeps burning out. Meat probe doesnt work. Uneven oven heating, the first call to LG was Sept 15th and they were going to send someone out, second call was Sept 25th, again they were waiting to send a technician out. Third call Oct 2nd, Nathan the customer service advisor promised he would get back to me by the end of the day with a resolution... Still waiting and it is Oct 3rd mid day. WE WILL NEVER PURCHASE ANY LG PRODUCT AGAIN.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

Ceramic top. I have had the LG ceramic top for eight years no problem, in the last year I had to replace the ceramic top three times for cracks. I called the company and they say that they are not responsible without any other reasons, I find that the LG company is lacking and public PR. No one seems to take responsibility. Poor quality on LG's part. I guess they want us to take them to small court. They must enjoy that. Good for them, but for me LG no more.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2017

I purchased an LG Gas range in November. Stainless/Blue interior. From the beginning, we could smell gas every time we turned on the oven. I researched the problem and several sites suggested the smell was because it was "new" and would go away in time. Ten months later, it's as bad as ever! My daughter has Down syndrome and doesn't concern herself with the oven. No matter where she is in the house, within minutes of me turning on the oven, she literally goes into a gag mode. I have to open the windows and doors. It's so bad. Also, have had more than several dozens of times that a sleeve or bump turns on the burners. They are that sensitive! Why doesn't the company recall this product??? Horrible. Don't buy this product!!

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

I purchased my LG electric range (no gas in kitchen) and I love it. The oven handled an entire Thanksgiving dinner, the smooth tip burners are accurate on heat & clean easily, as the stainless surfaces do.

LG TV expert review by ConsumerAffairs

LG's history stretches back to 1947 when "Lucky" (Luk-Hai) was founded in Korea to produce plastics and other consumer goods. Since then it has become one of the biggest brand names in consumer electronics and appliances across the world.

• Large capacity options: Although LG doesn't offer an industrial product line, it maintains a variety of large capacity consumer units, giving users the benefits of increased space while maintaining in-home styling.

• Flexible support: LG gives consumers a variety of ways to pursue support issues, including easy phone calls, email or live chat support. In many cases, users can quickly schedule an in-home visit online.

• Extensive heating options: LG offers one of the largest arrays of model choices for consumers interested in convection or induction heating.

• Styling: LG has been recognized by several consumer groups for its commitment to providing best-in-class styling for its kitchen appliances.

• Smart home integration: LG maintains a company-wide smart home initiative, so its cooking appliances often come with an array of software and other electronics features for integration into a smart home.

• Best for: Users cooking for one and users cooking for families.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs

www.lg.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use