2.3/5 (975 ratings)

About Samsung Stove-Oven-Range

Samsung is an appliance company that manufactures household appliances like microwaves, stoves, refrigerators and ovens. Samsung’s ovens and stoves come with free shipping, and there are financing options available.

Pros

• Widely available
  • Free shipping
  • Sleek, modern designs

Cons

• Mixed reviews for customer service
  • May be difficult to find repair techs

Bottom Line

Samsung is a popular appliance manufacturer. The company's stoves, ovens and ranges feature multiple smart features, and the company produces a wide variety of products.

Samsung Stove-Oven-Range Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Stove-Oven-Range?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Stove-Oven-Range?

Original review: April 23, 2022

Purchased this gas stove from Home Depot March 31, 2022. It was delivered on April 8, 2022. Turned on the stove on April 9th, the following day. Within a minute, we had burning eyes, sore throats, etc...Took the animals, kids, out of the house, and opened windows. We stayed out of the house for a couple of hours. Home Depot came out to the house and determined that the Samsung stove had a gas leak. Home Depot is scheduled to pick up the faulty Samsung gas range on April 23, 2022. NOTE: Have replaced this Samsung with an LG gas range. No problems.

Original review: April 1, 2022

I spoke to the customer service center on 3 occasions about the black stainless chipping off, nice then I have only used wet paper towels and the black stainless “appearance” has in places completely WIPED off! The range was over 2 grand and I was told there is nothing Samsung will do for a "cosmetic" issue. DO NOT TRUST THESE PRODUCTS! Completely shocked and dismayed!

Original review: Feb. 23, 2022

I purchased this range/oven about 4 months ago. I’ve had several smooth top ranges before and I could always get marks and food off with ceramic stovetop cleaner….But not with this one! I purchased new cookware to start with a clean slate and I’m so careful with the stovetop. I’m really frustrated with trying to keep it “new” like all my previous ones. There are marks all over it and dull places where I cleaned with a scratch proof pad and ceramic stove top cleaner. The mirrored black shows every smear and smudge. I literally have to buff it with a clean towel every time.

That being said, one reason I purchased this stove is for the low temp presets on the oven. I make bread and it’s hard to find an oven that will go below 170°. I’ve enjoyed this feature very much. The air fry feature, not so much. It has to be set above 450° to get good results and it takes way too long vs a countertop air fryer. Overall, the range/oven operates fine. I just wish the smooth top was a little better quality and more resistant to marks, residue and smears. None of my previous smooth tops had this issue.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2022

We purchased the Samsung 30" slide in electric range manuf. March 2021 from Lowe's and it was delivered Oct. 2021. The burner has twice inadvertently turned on by just bumping the front dials. In both cases there was something on the stovetop that CAUGHT ON FIRE. This happened once to myself and another time by a contractor working in the kitchen. Researching, I found two videos on Youtube that documented similar events. Since the stove has been in place over three months, I cannot return it to Lowe's and I have spent many hours unsuccessfully getting assistance from Samsung. This has been a problem with Samsung stoves, apparently for several years. Please, for your safety, DO NOT BUY.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2021

I bought my Samsung oven in June 2019. I self cleaned it a year later and everything seems to be working fine. I tried to self clean this year in September and all of a sudden it stopped in just about 20 minutes, then I tried to do it again and it stopped again. I tried it the next day but the same thing happen again. I got an error code that the fans are not cooling enough. I had to wait and still waiting this day for ABT to fix the problem. The biggest problem is not that, after I self cleaned this time I got a spot inside the oven that looks like a stain but it's not. I tried to clean it but it's getting bigger and bigger every time I touch it. By the way this happened after the self clean because I never had it before and it looks like as of the paint is starting to peel. The second problem that I have encountered with this range is that ever since I started using the middle burner, the paint started to peel around it as well. Just a reminder this is only 2 years old range.

I called Samsung twice and they promised me that someone will come out to help me with the problem. They gave me one time complimentary warranty since the manufacturer warranty is only for 1 year. I also had to tell the customer service people that if there is nothing that they can do about it, don't waste my time and send someone here, and the guy told me, "NO. They will be able to help you." A tech came out and looked at it and then he had to call his boss and show him what was happing to our oven and top of the stove, then guess what he tells me? "I am sorry, but this is cosmetic and it's not covered," and that's what I didn't want to hear. I was so frustrated, and pissed off. What a waste of my time.

I called the customer service and the lady told me that she is sorry that this had happen to me and there is nothing anybody can do for me at this time. I have never in my life had such an experience, and had to write a bad review about any company. I used to think Samsung was good, not anymore. I don't recommend it for anyone to buy it. I wish I had done some research before buying.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2021

I built my new home in September of 2020. I purchased new appliances the Samsung hub refrigerator as well as the black stainless steel gas duo smart oven. After having and using the stove for about 11 months I notice that there were areas where the appliance was peeling. I was confused as to why stainless steel was peeling only to find out that the black stainless steel is a layer of paint. I reached out to Samsung as well as Best Buy because I did purchase the extended warranties only to be told that this was a cosmetic issue and there was nothing that they could do about it. After being told this from both parties I was devastated.

I have spent 7k on these appliances and they're starting to look like crap. It has come to my knowledge that this is a common problem and there are a ton of consumers in the same boat as me. Samsung should be ashamed of its business practices. It is obvious that the craftsmanship of their black stainless steel is not up to par. As a consumer that works hard for my money what makes you think that I would pay so much for a product that starts to peel within a year of having it. As a consumer there was no disclosure of any indication that that could/would be the case. Otherwise I would have just opted for the regular stainless steel and not the black stainless steel. It is mind-boggling that Samsung treats their consumers this way after we send our hard-earned money to only end up with defective products that they are not willing to replace.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2021

At the moment, our house is fully stocked with Samsung stainless steel appliances from top to bottom. Dishwasher, microwave, freerange oven, refrigerator, TVs, etc. You name it, we bought into the Samsung brand due to the tech features and the sleek designs, but we regret every single decision we made when buying the Samsung brand. Never have we ever had such an awful experience with EVERY single product from a single brand than with Samsung. I'll keep this review narrowed in focus to just the Samsung freerange oven, but I do want to provide some details around the numerous and frequent issues we've had with every other Samsung appliance we own.

First off, some background, we usually buy our appliances from Lowe's due to the proximity to our home and the frequent sales they offer. We started to renovate our house a few years ago and began purchasing new appliances at that time. From the start we had problems. First, we purchased a new Samsung waterwall dishwasher and within the first year, we had to repair a plastic motor part that drained water after the wash cycle. We decided to not purchase the Lowes warranty at the time (regrettably) and I was forced to watch a YouTube video of a guy taking the motor apart and using epoxy to repair a cheapo plastic part that was seemingly critical to the machine's functionality. Next up was the Samsung microwave, which after 6 months had the motherboard supporting the dials blow out. It literally just stopped working, without warning or without an obvious cause.

Luckily, this was within warranty and a new board was mailed to us, which solved the problem. Fast forward 3 years (which seems to be the magic timeframe for ALL Samsung appliances to crap out), we're now having the exact same issue. So, outside of warranty, we need to figure out whether to fix or replace this crappy Samsung microwave. Next up we have the Samsung smart 55" LED TV. We bought this at Best Buy on a Black Friday deal 3 years ago and it was great...until it wasn't. No warning, it worked one day and then it didn't. Looked up all the DIY fixes and replaced the power board, no luck. It was JUST outside warranty and we know face the decision to pay more to fix it or just change to a new, different brand, TV. UGH!

Now, to the Samsung freerange oven. To start, we are very, VERY, fortunate to not have had our house burn to the ground due to this incredibly dangerous and absolutely awful appliance from catching fire....TWICE! Some details, again, we bought our Samsung freerange range oven, Model NE597R0ABSR/AA, Serial Number J0V27DCC501158V, from Lowes back in 2019. We had a very old oven that just wasn't cutting it and we did quite a bit of research before purchasing this oven. We felt at the time that Samsung had very good reviews, despite some of their newer lines of appliances being out for a short period of time. We take the plunge and the experience of having it delivered and installed was great. Not more than 2 years of having the oven we had our first of two awful experiences with the oven.

I cook for a family of 6 about 5-6 times a week, using 3 of the 4 range top burners and the oven at the same time. That's a lot of cooking on a regular basis, so when we were simply cooking on 2 burners without using the oven and we saw FLAMES coming from the back of the oven, we were blown away. And terrified! We immediately turned the burner, got the fire extinguisher ready and shut off the main breaker to the kitchen. The flames subsided but the smoke was still billowing out of the back of the oven and the fire detectors went crazy. As we pulled the oven out from the wall (and took off the food, which eventually spoiled) we could see where the smoke was coming from. We unplugged the oven and took off the panel and the entire motherboard was melted....it was like someone doused it with gasoline and set it on fire. Our oven was ruined and the wall behind the oven was charred.

Long story short, we filed a claim with Samsung and despite our oven being out of warranty for just a few months, they sent out techs (who didn't speak English) to replace the motherboard and it worked once again. We were pretty shaken from the experience and were hesitant using the oven or range with any level of intensity, but over time we began to use it normally. Not 10 months later, we were making dinner just like we always did (the night before Thanksgiving, nonetheless) and THE SAME THING HAPPENED, but on a different place on the the oven. We heard a POP, and the back of the oven started smoking and there were flames. Then the oven shut off. Once again, we turned off the oven, we pulled it out, we unplugged it, we removed the back panels and IT MELTED THE GODDAMN WIRES!

This was the last straw. Samsung appliances have been nothing but an absolute disaster and even with warranties, they seem to stop working/break/catch fire/etc just days or weeks or months past the warranty timeframes. Samsung makes appliances and products that look great, but my god they are absolute trash. We are now in the process of replacing every Samsung product in our house to prevent a disaster in our home. Do your research, buy what you can afford, but please, do not buy Samsung. It's garbage.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

The digital Samsung convection oven with the 5-gas-burner option (long burner in the middle) is an excellent choice! The range does everything that I would want it to do while maintaining steadfast temperatures in the oven as well as controlled trickle-gas flames on the stove top. The only negative comment that I would make is cleaning the stove top with its anodized black cover. Never use an abrasive when cleaning or you'll scratch the hell out of it! I would recommend replacing the cover with stainless steel. My food otherwise comes out perfectly each and every time!

Original review: Nov. 6, 2021

My new Samsung gas stove is awesome! It has a convection and airfry oven! I love the way the gastop burners work. I had a gas stove previously, but was shocked how much nicer this Samsung is. It is also 5 burners (griddle center burner).

Original review: Nov. 5, 2021

I like this range overall over others because it's durable when you cook. When you set temperature it cooks the food evenly and baking also. It fits right into the space and it looks good. I will recommend this style and brand to others. I will purchase this brand forever.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2021

Purchased Samsung Oven (flex), Washer, Dryer, and Dishwasher. 11/24/2017. Washer completely died last March - unable to fix, wiring harness issue. This week Oven has taken on a life of its own - no matter what you push (including warming drawer) the broiler comes on. You’ll get a C21 overheat warning and door locks. Customer Service gave me the number of a phone repair company to call for repairs. I can promise you I will never purchase anything in future with Samsung on it - absolutely no quality.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2021

Bought a Samsung stove. It’s less than a year old and has a crack in the stove top. Can’t return it to the store. Called Samsung to see if it’s covered under their 1 year warranty and they said it’s not. My wife complains about the uneven cooking from the oven but I can’t return it. Samsung stoves are garbage. Don’t waste your time buying. Poor customer service too.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2021

The knobs that control oven and burners are much too sensitive. I have accidentally turned the front burners on and ruined several glass dishes and some knives. Plus I'm concerned that hot glass dishes can explode in someone's face when unaware they are hot. This product flips my circuit breaker at least 3 times a week. Do not purchase this item.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2021

Samsung says scratches on stove top from being used --own stove 3 months--not under warranty--how about they build glass top with inferior glass--they know this --and don't include top under warranty--stay away from all Samsung products --inferior--inferior.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2021

Less than two years old and it has never worked properly. 70 degree drop in heating. Takes 30 minutes to heat up. Samsung fixed once and broke again in less than 6 months. In process of replacing entire parts of oven and new board. Samsung repair came out and told us he did not have the right parts, that the phone people did not tell them the right things. Stay away from Samsung.

Original review: July 28, 2021

This stove has broken down twice and has been unusable more than it has been operational. Stay Away ....find an alternate. The repair process takes at least 2 weeks then parts then back to fix. This thing is bad, bad, bad.

Original review: July 18, 2021

On July 4, 2021 I was cooking and the glass top cracked. I called Samsung for manufacturer warranty. Well it turns out that they said it was hit with something and not covered. Not even a year old. SMH.

Original review: June 30, 2021

We replaced the power control board with the warranty. Less than 4 months the same part is faulty. This product is junk. Samsung cannot provide a digital oven that can hold up to day to day use. The replacement parts are as bad as the original. Buy any other brand.

Original review: June 11, 2021

I bought this range in November 2013. From the first day the temperatures of the oven were inconsistent and the convection setting was even worse than the regular oven. I had a Samsung service technician come for service twice and showed him pictures of the uneven results of my baking attempts. He said there was nothing wrong with the oven and finally replaced the thermostat to appease me. I really wish I returned this range at that time but decided to make do. Over the years it's gotten progressively worse. The upper convection fan doesn't work so I can't even use the upper oven because it won't let you use the regular setting in the upper oven. When I use it as a full oven with the regular oven setting I have to rotate the food to try to get it to cook evenly. The oven makes terrible noise.

Original review: May 30, 2021

The customer service is horrific. The people are rude and do not honor the warranty. The temperature numbers on our stove started disappearing within the first year of owning the stove. They said it was cosmetic and not covered under the warranty but how could that be since you need the numbers to know what temperature to cook at. Not only is this not cosmetic, it is dangerous as it can cause a fire. A claim has been filed with the Better Business Bureau.

Original review: May 5, 2021

I bought a dual oven with convection and ceramic top electric model and it has never worked right. The stove top works fine. The ovens are convenient because you can run top, bottom, both at the same time at different temps or open it for one huge oven. But.... the temp does not hold. Once preheated, I open the door and in a flash put in the food. The food never cooks well.

After a few uses and about a day after my warranty was over (I don't use the oven often), I wondered why nothing cooks properly...so I tested it with a thermometer. When you open the oven to put the food in, the temp drops severely. When you close the oven, the oven does not bring itself back to the set temp. It stays at the dropped temp. This is a huge and severe flaw. The oven should maintain the set temp. Always. Obviously, its sole function is to COOK food. Called Samsung and they basically played dumb. No advice, no support... Lesson Learned!! Never wait, always return immediately if there is any doubt.

Original review: May 2, 2021

This Samsung Range model (NE63T8711SG/AA) was purchased in February. Loaded with features as well as the oven compartment having an air fryer and dehydrator. 3 weeks after we purchased the $2000.00 range my wife decided to use the Air Fryer to make wings. The fan in the oven blew grease all over the oven coating the entire enamel surface with grease and the entire house was engulfed in smoke. Took us three days to clean off the caked on grease.

Needless to say we will never use the Air Fry feature again. A few days later we tried to make a spaghetti dish. Not wanting to have caked on mess on the bottom we put aluminum in the oven. The oven melted the aluminum and is fused to the enamel surface of the oven. We have tried everything to get it off. Needless to say after calling Samsung, they will not help us with this issue at all. The Range is only 3 months old and the oven has been used a total of three times and they wont help us. Besides this problem we have found that the burner knobs are so touchy that barely bumping them or leaning against the oven slightly will turn the burners on. The burners protrude past the range. Very dangerous! Beware of this oven!

Original review: April 18, 2021

I had a bad experience with one of those Samsung single/double compartment ovens, the spaces are too small. They contained too much moisture when roasting joints of meat, they wouldn't listen to my complaints. It was only until the bottom of the oven went rusty that l got my money back. The condensation from the moisture in the meat, was actually hot steam, so after sealing the meat the steam would then tighten the meat so the only way to get it tender would be to cook low and slow. I might have well just thrown the lamb leg into a pot of boiling water.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2021

I purchased the new adjustable double oven range as I liked its versatility. In the past I had a Maytag double oven. In comparison, the Samsung glass top is much less durable and more prone to scratching and damage. I also cannot seem to get the self clean to function. Happy with the ovens but not sure I'd repurchase.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2021

Love the stove, it fits the bill for everything! I want to do. If I have any complaint at all it would be that when you cook in the upper oven you have to take care you do not burn the product. The water boiling feature is great! Oven heats up very fast as well as being able see what the temperature is as it is getting to the programmed temperature. The surface of the range does need to be cleaned after each use or it shows!

Original review: Feb. 20, 2021

We love this rich looking stove, especially when you really want to roast a chicken, got enough options to bake different type and ways. And stainless steel back is easy to clean, the only thing is to add is maybe a safety for heat.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2021

When turned on just set and forget until the smoke alarm goes off then dinner is ready. Anyone can press the buttons to set and forget. Very easy to clean the top. The double oven is great for cooking single servings.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2021

The stove top works well, but the energy efficiency standard is not accurate. For an example, when a recipe indicates the dish needs to be baked or roasted at 350 degrees for 45 minutes, that dish will not be done. It is necessary to increase the cooking time and temperature to 375 degrees or sometimes 400 degrees to register the safe temperature that the dish can be eaten. The price was right, the delivery from a local company was less than desirable and the technical personnel were inexperienced.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2021

This is the best product I have been used. Samsung is always a good choice if you are choosing electronic device, it will give you durability along with good quality. It also have nice safety measure.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2021

I love Samsung never had any issues with it. The only thing is that the top stove range is too big other than that love it. I wish I could afford all the Samsung appliances tho they're pretty expensive.

Samsung Stove-Oven-Range Company Information