Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

KitchenAid Wall Ovens Reviews

Original review: Jan. 2, 2020

We built a new home and upgraded to a Kitchen Aid Whirlpool micro/oven combo. We used it three times for dinner recipes. The fourth time we were baking cookies and after one batch, we raised the temp to 400 and put another batch of cookies in the oven. Mid way through cooking time, I opened the oven to check them, and flames shot out from the oven floor. I very quickly shut the oven door and found that my hair and eyebrow had been singed. The people at Kitchen Aid were less than sympathetic or concerned about my safety or the safe operation of a month old $4000.00 oven. I was given the run around.... said they couldn't do anything til a repair man came out --- more than a week later.

The repairman lit the oven, waited til it reached the preheated temp, and stated that there was nothing wrong with it!!! Kitchen Aid said they can do nothing because they found nothing wrong with it. Unbelievable. I am still waiting for a more satisfactory resolution and call and email them on a regular basis. Meantime I am without a working oven because I will NEVER use that oven again and want it replaced. Do not buy a product made by kitchen aid. I also found, as was said in other reviews, that it takes a very long time to heat up and cool down. Thank God my damages were not more severe. But I wonder if Kitchen Aid would be more receptive. Going to call the Attorney General and fight this til I win. Wish me luck.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2019

I cook - a lot - and I also have a blog devoted to cooking. I have used several different ovens in my lifetime and currently have a KitchenAid wall oven that was an upgrade with our house. This oven takes forever to heat up and doesn't hold a steady temperature. I'll need a steady temp of 500 degrees for 35 minutes and when I go to check it has dropped about 45 degrees! UNACCEPTABLE! It is unbelievably frustrating, especially for recipes that require accurate times and temps. You would think Kitchenaid would correct this issue but no, I see it in review after review. I love my Kitchenaid small appliances but will NEVER again buy any major appliance from this company. They are aesthetically beautiful but function is (at least to me) far more critical than appearance. And I've read literally hundreds of poor reviews for their refrigerators, too. Ridiculous. Come on Kitchenaid. You can do better than this!

Get expert buying tips about Ranges, Ovens, and Stoves delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

I have had this Kitchenaid wall oven repaired 3 times because I have used the self cleaning 3 times and it never completes it cycle, called Whirlpool who makes Kitchenaid and will not take any responsibility for their defective design, I don't know what else to do besides taking them to court so that they can take responsibility for this Lemon. Is there anyone out there that have some type of advice?? Model# K0SC504ESS00.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

I replaced a GE double oven that was working but very old. My husband found the Kitchenaid model and we both liked it so we purchased it right before Thanksgiving in 2017. This oven is so bad. It takes forever to heat up, if you open the door after it's reached the correct temperature to put whatever you're cooking in, the temperature goes down 25-30 degrees. It does that every time you open the door. I've ruined so many tried and true recipes with this oven. Also, the self cleaning feature is useless as it blows out the fuse and shuts down the entire oven and you have to call a repairman, who says that this is an issue with this oven. Why have they not fixed this issue and are still selling this piece of junk for an extremely high price. Don't waste your money, don't buy this oven. I would have hoped for a better oven for the money from Kitchenaid.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2019

I recently purchased a KitchenAid 30" wall oven model KOSE500ESS as a direct replacement for a model that I had purchased in 2004. The replacement is nowhere near as good as the original. The replacement has a large window allowing you to look in and is fairly attractive. The downside is that it is not insulated. To keep it cool, the controls circulate air and then exhaust it at the bottom of the oven. There is no specification on what the temperature range should be. I have recorded as high as 184 degrees F. The exhaust heat caused the thermafoil on my oven door to peel back from the heat. I had the first oven for 5 years and it never did that, so I don't accept the service techs explanation that this is normal. The oven comes up to heat OK.

In conducting the company standard test, it is considered to be in range, but the oven cycled down in temperature to 325F. They told me swings of +/= 25 degrees are within specification, but there is not printed spec here. But all that doesn't matter. The cook result does. When you put an item in the oven, the temperature drops 20 degrees and does not recover. It happens in standard or convection mode. The panel shows the temperature you selected when you turned the oven on. If you turn it off and then immediately back on, the panel will show the actual temperature. Always low. How do you bake a recipe that calls for 350 and then oven drops back to 325? I had a service call and they did not charge me, but they also told me everything was ok. The oven is not right, or at least not the same as the one I replaced, despite what they say. I think they have a software problem and won't admit it. I wish they would buy it back from me.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about KitchenAid?

Original review: Sept. 26, 2019

I have had problems with this oven from day 1 and a year later I am still having issues. The convec/bake feature is a joke. The manual says one should bake at 25 degrees less and that for possibly less time. Well that couldn't be further from the truth. When I'm making baked goods I'm actually baking for almost double the standard time, not less. There is no consistency with this convection oven when baking more than 1 tray of cookies at a time. Tray rotation shouldn't have to happen if this function is to circulate the air more evenly...not true at all. Some are over baked and others aren't fully baked.

I've been told by KitchenAid it will take some getting used to, well 1 year later it's still a guessing game. I have my 6th service call for this issue coming up next week and I don't have high hopes for success. The temperature sensor has already been replaced and that has helped the preheating issue, it was taking an hour to preheat and was nowhere near temperature. How is that more efficient?

The latest problem was that when roasting vegetables in the oven for several hours the keypad panel malfunctioned and shut the oven off after cycling through various baking options. I managed to restart the oven and noted the error code. The service technician said that the steam broke it and that I have to cover everything that I cook in the oven....NO... It's an oven and should be able to handle this.

Not everything can be covered either. Then he told me to open and close the door really quickly so not as much steam escapes. I pointed out this is not possible as this is a 3 rack oven and if I'm using all three, as I was that day, I can't possibly open and close the door quickly. His response was to cover the panel with a towel or paper. How does this make sense? Is it not reasonable to expect this expensive oven to function as an oven should? Because they contract out to servicemen in the area the level of expertise is all over the place, leading to multiple service calls for the same issue.

Considering it took me a full year to convince them to replace my defective KitchenAid fridge, I don't have high hopes for the oven/microwave combo. Stay away from KitchenAid products. If I'd come across the reviews I am now seeing for these 2 appliances when I was renovating, I never would have purchased either of them. Not worth the money.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2019

Went to bed with the self clean mode on. Next morning the oven was dead. Door still locked. Nothing worked. Via searching for similar situations I discovered this is not uncommon. Thanks to YouTube, we used a wire hanger, flattened, to get the door unlatched (GRRR). After much research, we opted to try to fix what we felt was the issue - the thermal fuse. Ordered the part (less than $30 with shipping), replaced it (not hard to do) and the control panel started working. We were excited! Then, I tried to use the oven. It would not heat. All the bells and whistles on the panel were working fine...but NOTHING I tried would make the oven heat.

More research. Found a posting that indicated there's a thermostat that often goes out along with the fuse. It's ordered (another $50). We'll install it (that part isn't nearly as easy as the fuse but, oh, well). If that doesn't fix the problem, then the next option is most likely a new control panel, which is over $300. This whole time I'm thinking, "If this is a COMMON problem, then why doesn't the company change the design of the appliance so it doesn't happen? Seriously - it just makes sense, right? Guess not. This has been going on since 2011 and smacks of intentional disregard for the issue. To say we are not going to purchase from Whirlpool/Kitchenaid ever again would be true. They are supposed to be more sensitive to customer input about issues but, at this point, appear to be ambivalent and uncaring. Sad and disappointed.

Original review: April 24, 2019

Do not waste your money, this oven not worth the money or effort. This is a very bad product, was a big mistake to buy KitchenAid. We got it on 11/2018, installed 12/18, and during the first self cleaning this month 3/2019 the door glass blown. Also from day one we noticed the unit takes longer than normal to heat up. Also it is not hot enough for cooking, so during cooking we have to raise temp above normal. Now this is less than 5 month unit and this is very disappointment. Called Kitchenaid and last week, they scheduled service visit on the following Monday, but they called on Monday to shift it to Tuesday, anyway on Tuesday NO ONE show up, and no one called to let us know if they will not show up.

Original review: April 20, 2019

We contacted the authorized repair company when our upper oven door fogged up when using the lower oven. We thought the door was sealed like a double pane window, and that the seal had failed. The technician confirmed the issue, but didn't know if there was a fix. He called the tech line and asked if there is a fix. The tech said the oven was "operating as designed." In other words, fogging up is to be expected with this model. We have owned other double wall ovens by other manufacturers and never experienced this issue. We are disappointed.

Original review: April 8, 2019

I used the self cleaning feature of the built-in 30" oven on the normal cleaning setting. I wiped up the excess grease and dried the oven floor before I started the cycle. It said it would take 4 hours. After about 2 hours, the entire oven area and cabinets around the oven felt very hot. I tried to cancel the cleaning cycle but all the electronics in the panel went out. It locked up and won't unlock. The control panel is completely burned out. The only way I prevent the cabinets from catching fire was to cool them with cool towels. Very dangerous situation.

KitchenAid Wall Ovens Company Information