KitchenAid Wall Ovens

Stars Rating

• 86%
  • 14%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about KitchenAid?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about KitchenAid?
    Coverage

Reviewed Feb. 29, 2024

This oven has a hidden lower element. While this makes cleaning easier it also means you have to wait an extra 15-30 minutes AFTER the oven says it has hit the desired temperature for it to actually reach it as the metal covering the element needs to heat up. Even then, the temperature has a 10+ degree variance which means you'll need to bake things for longer than anticipated. The higher the temperature, the longer it takes to actually hit temperature and the bigger the variance: at 450 the conventional thermometer I have in the oven read 425 after an hour of "hitting temperature".

The convection fan also no longer runs constantly as in older models but rather phases on and off which defeats the purpose of convection as there is no air circulation as often as there is. Learned this from a service tech when he came to check the oven and not on the website or from the sales agent before purchase. You'll have to adjust how you bake in order to use this oven. Not thrilled with it and would rather a more traditional model that actually works as it should.

L

Bought our oven just before thanksgiving 2023. So not even a year old. It has NEVER reached the temp it was set at. I bought several oven thermometers to check it. Cooking time is double. If you have to open the door it loses 75 degrees. Error codes for no reason. Food burnt on top and raw on the bottom. After reading reviews I’m terrified to use the self clean mode. Apparently it renders the oven unusable. They won’t take the oven back and give me a refund. DO NOT BUY.

Customer ServiceOnline & App

Reviewed June 23, 2023

Almost 7 years ago I purchased all new appliances from KITCHENAID. What a nightmare. It took 15 months to get them to agree the fridge they sent me is not fixable - AFTER 15 service calls where no one knew what was wrong! Now it’s my double wall ovens. I am a pastry chef and I need my ovens for my business. I have a broken part in one oven and all they can say is, “it’s on back order ma'am and there is no ETA on its arrival.“ They actually have the balls to offer me 20 percent off a new oven! Does that mean I’m not getting the part?

KITCHENAID IS NOT A PRODUCT YOU CAN COMPARE TO ANY HIGH END APPLIANCE - as their website suggests. The customer service, which is equally as important as the product we are spending thousands of dollars on, SUCKS. IS NON EXISTENT. THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT YOU. DO NOT SPEND YOUR MONEY ON KITCHENAID. Do not get caught in this repair hell they have me locked into.

Get buying tips about Ranges, Ovens, and Stoves delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Contract & TermsCoverageSales & Marketing

Reviewed Nov. 1, 2022

I purchased a KitchenAid Wall oven from a local dealer. I received a letter encouraging me to to pay for an extended service plan from Kitchen Aid. I did so. Before the plan was up I had the service person from the Kitchen Aid store come to my home to check what I thought was a temperature malfunction. After the service visit I was billed the full amount for the service call. I was told that I should have gone through the service plan for service not the dealer. The dealer did not seem to know about this at all.

I keep getting letters to renew this contract. The address to send the money is **. Supposedly, the contract is not up until Dec. Of 2022. However I am being pressured to continue coverage. I am soured on Kitchen Aid and will not purchase from this company again. All the correspondence I receive has the Kitchen Aid name on it. I not only paid for the service contract I also had to pay the Kitchen Aid dealer. Beware! I think it is a scam.

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed July 8, 2021

We purchased the KitchenAid Double oven thinking they were a very reputable company. We had them delivered and was using by Christmas. Because I tried to be so careful and not spill anything there was no need to clean until July when I made an apple pie and putting it in spilled out a bit. So when done, let it cool then proceeded to set the oven to clean. Took about 2 hours, the house stunk pretty bad. It finished, cooled down and THEN when I opened the door the glass on the oven door on the inside was multicolored. Like you would see when someone is blowing glass. It filled my whole glass. Most of it was an ugly brown with spots of other colors twisted in. Anyways I was still under the year deadline for warranty so I called.

The customer service said that the glass being stained inside when you opened the door and since you couldn't see it from the outside was a cosmetic problem and was NOT under warranty. I asked to speak to manager and after 20 minutes waiting the same customer service came back and stated that the manager would not be coming to the phone and she concurred with the customer service rep and referred me to page 9 in the manual and she stated, this is a cosmetic problem?!?! Give me a break!! This is such bad customer service I can't even...BE WARNED AND DO NOT BUY!!

Dar

The SAME thing happened to me!! After I cleaned my oven, the glass was multicolored! I received NO assistance from Kitchenaid, either! This should NOT happen after every self-cleaning cycle. Please tell me... did you figure out how to remove this mess??

Reviewed May 5, 2021

The glass on the back of the oven door broke while the oven is still under warranty. Neither The authorized repair company nor KitchenAid itself can supply the replacement glass. We simply cannot use the oven. We have to buy a new oven. Will go without. Terrible terrible service and parts.

Customer Service

Reviewed Feb. 13, 2021

Shopping for appliances is a very time consuming and difficult process, but this company is very user friendly, customer oriented. They also carry high quality products, and practice ease of ordering for your convenience, showing they appreciate your business. They also have excellent customer service.

Staff

Reviewed Feb. 4, 2021

I purchased all Kitchenaid when I remodeled my kitchen 2 years ago, including: 30" double oven, warming drawer, 5 burner cooktop and dishwasher. The dishwasher has needed repair twice, one of the cooktop buttons broke after only 2 days and the double oven locked itself after being turned on self clean. (actually only cleaned one oven, and the system locked both ovens).

There is no authorized Kitchenaid repair business where I live (SF Bay Area), if you can believe that. Repair person who came said the self-clean function should never be used on Kitchenaid, because this happens all the time in his experience. The second repair person I contacted said the same thing. In addition, I had to wait 3 months to get the replacement parts. Unbelievable. I am telling everyone I know, "Don't buy Kitchenaid".

PriceStaff

Reviewed Feb. 4, 2021

It's pleasant, informative, cordial, works well, easy to operate and understand, Looks beautiful, does not need much cleaning. Less expensive, affordable, ladies' favorite, gents can operate simply.

Reviewed Feb. 3, 2021

A beautiful, while fully functional, double oven with all the bells and whistles. Even though mine has a smaller, 27” footprint due to space limitations in my kitchen, the KitchenAid’s interior walls are constructed in such a way that it has more than enough room for the largest cookware, making Thanksgiving a breeze. My last double oven had thick interior walls and, therefore, far less capacity. To get to the point, I absolutely love my Kitchenaid double oven!

Reviewed Feb. 2, 2021

We purchased a home with a Kitchen Aid double wall oven. I didn't like it much, so I brought over my own double oven from the home we were selling. I still do use it, though, because I do a lot of cooking. It works okay. Nothing great. The control panel is difficult to understand. I still can't figure out how to use the timer. It preheats a little on the slow side. But it bakes unevenly. If I put a tray of cookies in, the back get dark while the front remains undercooked, so I mostly just use it for casseroles and other foods that don't need a high quality oven to bake in. Cookies and cakes will not bake evenly.

KitchenAid Wall Ovens Company Information