1.36/5
Based on 78 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

85 KitchenAid Wall Ovens Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 19, 2018

Black Stainless - Double Oven Model # K0DE500EBS02 will not work on the Roast-Convection cooking option. They shut down after 30 mins of cooking a turkey or chicken. The steam from the oven shuts down the panel and you get the following message: "Press-Cancel-Reset Err F2E 1. Keyboard Key Stuck." I had the repairman out here about 4 times. He replaced the panel and tried to fix it. Before he ordered the panel I showed him the consumer reports on what other people had experienced and he stated that he did not know of anything that was wrong with this unit, that there not been anything reported to KitchenAid about this problem.

Installing the new panel did not work, he even wrapped the new panel with tape inside. Now when you try to roast chicken the bottom units try to come on after it shuts down the top unit. The units start beeping and now I have streaks inside the new panel. I tried using the bottom unit and it shuts down too. This is a problem! I have all these matching appliances and the ovens don't work for roasting meat.

He came out yesterday 6/18/2018 and stayed on the phone with 2 different KitchenAid techs. They told him to have me cover-up everything that I cooked so that no steam could escape. The point of the roast and convection bake options is to roast food. He left telling me to complain to KitchenAid, that he couldn't do anything else. I have a new house and I spent over 12,000.00 on this Black Stainless set thinking I would get a lot of use out of these appliances. Now I can't cook like I want. Covering it up doesn't fix the problem.

Original review: May 22, 2018

Everytime I use the cleaning cycle on the double wall oven the internal fuse blows and the oven cannot be used. If I had to buy a new oven I would never buy the KitchenAid oven again. KitchenAid is aware of the problem and said they are working on creating a heavy duty fuse.

Get expert buying tips about Ranges, Ovens, and Stoves delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 10, 2018

Had KitchenAid 30" double ovens (K0DE500ESS02) installed in our new house in 2017. Noticed the upper oven had smear marks on the inner glass. I could not clean it. The ovens were still under warranty. Notified the company and a representative told me that was not covered under warranty because it was considered cosmetic. He asked me if the oven worked. I said yes. He said that was all that mattered. Then I noticed whenever I broiled anything, condensation built up in the oven. When I opened the oven door, water was dripping off it and a lot of smoke. I put off making another call to the company until 2018.

A repair person has been to our house and I demonstrated to him the problem. He said it was normal because the food is wet and the heat from the broiler creates condensation. He also concluded that the smear and streaks inside the glass are probably from the fan blowing the built up moisture through the vents onto the inside glass. Understandable and normal. He has seen this before.

I finally got an authorization for a new door. Unfortunately KitchenAid doesn't pay enough to cover the cost of putting the door together by the repair place. So I'm not getting a new door. I could get it if I were to pay the repair place $100. to cover their cost that KitchenAid won't cover. But what's the use in getting another door if the same thing is going to happen. I have never had an oven that worked like this one. The design is obviously defective. Apparently I'm not the only one having this problem. Not only that, this oven takes forever to reach the set temperature. The timer is so soft you can't hear it when it goes off. I hate this oven. Will never buy KitchenAid/Whirlpool again.

Original review: April 24, 2018

In Oct 17 paid $3k for the KitchenAid KODC304EBL. Fast Forward 4/18 - tried for the first time to self clean the oven and it totally burnt out. Would not heat AT ALL. Called the technician, he said it's common, that I should stock up on parts or cases of oven cleaner. WHAT!!! Said the oven gets too hot and the high/low thermostat burns out, that it needs "airflow." BUT THIS IS A BRAND NEW BUILT IN OVEN - IT'S DESIGNED TO WORK IN AN ENCLOSED CABINET! Still working through the nightmare -- avoid KitchenAid built in ovens - they are not designed to function.

Original review: April 4, 2018

KitchenAid Model KOSC504ESS00: This built-in oven is slow to heat - 2 hours to get to 325 degrees! The service person tested it and told me to be patient and to use it enough to figure out its temperature variance. I have 3 oven thermometers which I can see through the door. The oven does not maintain an even temperature (varies by as much as 50 degrees!), so it is impossible to cook food properly or consistently. Do NOT buy.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about KitchenAid?

Original review: March 18, 2018

Things I like about the double ovens. They look nice! Things I DON'T like about the KitchenAid Double Ovens (KODE500ESS). 1. I think there should be a separate light for each oven. 2.Takes way too long for ovens to heat up. 3. VERY NOISY oven. Both ovens are way too noisy. 4. Uneven baking. Seems to want to burn everything at the back. 5. The ovens won't hold the head when you put something in the oven. 6. Timer is way so sensitive. Sometimes when I touch the timer it turns the oven off! 7. It seems the temperature is never accurate. If you are looking to buy new double ovens, I would not recommend these ovens for the above reasons. If you like baking these are not the ovens for you!

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

Faulty double oven - Steam gets in the panel, then it says key error and just stops working. I had 3 technicians here but there is nothing they can do to fix it. Customer service keeps telling me to cover my food. How am I supposed to cover frozen fries or frozen pizza? It gets all soggy. Last Thanksgiving we had to cover our turkey, the steam got in just 30 min after it was in, so we had steamed turkey instead of baked. Can't even roast vegetables. It still under warranty but KitchenAid won't replace it. They know all the models have this design flaw. I expected more from a company like that. Instead I was treated with dishonesty.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

Shattered microwave glass door - I purchased this new oven (KitchenAid wall oven micro combo Model KEMC378KSS04) and just used the microwave 2 to 4 times a month for heating food; I used my other microwave for almost everything. I heard something shattered thinking it's the light bulb; I come to find out it is the microwave which I haven't even using it. Luckily I am not standing in front of the microwave.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

We purchased the combo wall oven and microwave in April 2011. It replaced a GE similar unit that worked fine for 26 years. I paid for a 5 yr extended warranty. In Dec. 2017 the temp was only getting up to 50 to 60 degrees lower than the requested temp. We have worry free with our utility company which will repair items we put in subscription and pay for monthly. The repairman came, evaluated the situation and ordered a thermostat. He returned and installed the part. The problem was not fixed, temps still 50-60 degree off.

He left and said he would order a new circuit board. Repairman returned, installed part, but the problem continued. He called in the most experienced repairman on the road and they pulled the oven completely out. After unscrewing different panels they pulled out the heating coil from under the oven floor. The coil was cracked in several places and the insulation was peeling off the coils in several places. Upon further examination they observed the enamel was burned off the oven floor and the floor was warped.

They said the oven was unsafe to use and was possibly a severe fire hazard. Now comes the good part. I went online and found this defective oven was known since 2011. Whirlpool manufactures KitchenAid and the company has known there was a problem with this oven and other wall ovens from 2011 and on. You can read the incidents people have experienced over the years and they continue with this flawed design. There has been an attempt to bring a class action suit against the manufacturers. We do not want to repair our oven due to the safety issues.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

I purchased this new oven (KitchenAid wall oven micro combo) and used it twice before it malfunctioned. The thermostat is faulty and needs to be replaced along with the circuit board. The store tried to tell me that I had a power surge which I did not. The service person told me there is a prevalent problem with the faulty thermometer. I do not recommend anybody purchase this oven as I am very dissatisfied with the oven and the service. At the very least, they should offer to compensate me for the 2 days off that I have to take for the service calls and the lack of use of my oven for a month.

Original review: July 29, 2017

Too late to send this thing back. The thermal shut off apparently went out. That seems to be the diagnosis based on other reviews. Too many electronics for a machine that gets to 550 degrees; they should build better parts. 60 year old circuit breaker for the house is fine. Now there's quality. Customer support sounds like it's in the Philippines. Don't buy one of these ovens. Issues after 20 months, the old one blew up after about 15 years, I would expect the same, or better from a new oven. How can you go to bat for made in America and Sears when they sell us junk. So disappointed.

Original review: July 5, 2017

I have to buy a new oven because the company has discontinued making the knob for the "selector". My selector knob broke and the company's only solution is to buy a new oven. Oven works fine, and yes it is an older oven... but it works fine. There are no alternatives for the knob. On the phone with company and they can not even keep straight the model number which I have. Representatives were of no value! Disappointed in this company!

Original review: June 14, 2017

I replaced my gas double wall ovens with KitchenAid Double Ovens KODE507ESS that are electric. I chose KitchenAid because I liked the look and what I read about the performance was also encouraging. First problem I encountered was that the temperature in the oven was at 100+ degrees higher than indicated on temperature display. 2 panels replaced. I now have a film on the inside window of the top oven. I called and was told that they don't do "cosmetics" and that if I wanted to ensure this doesn't happen I should buy part # 482338 which is some kind of a sealant. If they know this issue occurs, why do they not install this part in manufacturing. Totally frustrated! Any ideas how to clean the film?

Original review: June 5, 2017

The self-cleaning option on this oven is far too hot. First, it blew something because the display went dark and I have not been able to open the oven door since yesterday. Second, I have a KitchenAid warming drawer underneath the oven. The cleaning cycle got so hot it melted off the KitchenAid sign on the drawer. Called KitchenAid today, useless conversation. Have called another repair person. This oven is dangerous, it shouldn't get so hot. You cannot touch the floor underneath (which I protected during cleaning cycle). Why is this oven still being sold?

Original review: March 12, 2017

We purchased a Kitchenaid Double Wall Oven. Stainless, convection, self clean... Top of the line. Almost $3k total. Replaced a 20 year old oven that worked fine but was ugly. It came with a 12-month warranty. At approximately 13 months, it died. No lights, no power. Long story short, it failed 5 more times costing $250-$500 each time to get it fixed. I discovered that a few of these were recalled due to a design error that caused the thermal fuse and sometimes the thermostat to fail. It's either due to lack of insulation or airflow. I called the manufacturer and after multiple escalations, I got them to agree verbally that this was a lemon and that they would replace it. Fast forward 2 weeks, they call back and say they'll replace it for $800 and they are backordered so it will be 3-8 weeks. Meanwhile, this oven has been sitting here dead for 5 weeks while they figure out what they're going to do.

I researched the model number they offered to replace it with and it has the same issue. This is apparently an issue with all of their ovens. Unreal... I did some more research and thankfully, the guy who repaired the oven this last time left the old thermal fuse. I just bought one on Amazon for $14. Arrived today and I replaced it in 20 minutes. Screw you Kitchenaid. You will receive zero $$ from me ever again for anything. You build and continue to sell generation after generation of products with known issues. That is wrong and I refuse to do business with you ever again.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2017

Several "repair" calls for $2000 wall oven KOSE500ESS. Same damned error message F2E1 since Aug. 2016. Now I get the message but can't clear it to use the oven without my husband going to the electrical panel and turning the oven off there. DO NOT BUT KITCHENAID. THEY DON'T CARE. Do they really think most people in this country would spend over $2000 on a kitchen appliance? Next time I buy the cheapest thing I can because they don't last a year!!!

Original review: Feb. 17, 2017

I do the kitchen cooking at our church for approximately seventy to one hundred people every week. Someone donated Kitchenaid KEBS278DSS10 built-in double ovens and we had cabinets built to accommodate them. The week before reopening the kitchen the bottom oven door hinges sprung so it wouldn't close, then the switch for the lights and self-cleaning went bad and had to be replaced. The ovens hadn't even been heated up yet so fixing those items seemed to be a no-brainer. Having a background in repairs I replaced the lower door hinges and the switch assembly without much problem. We started using the ovens the next week and on the third week the bottom oven door hinges sprung again. I had my team be very careful of pushing down on the doors to avoid that specifically also.

At a cost of almost ninety dollars a pair the hinges are not cheap and shouldn't be replaced once a month. My solution is to set magnets in the frame around the heat gasket and see what happens. What makes me upset is that the replaced hinges did that same thing as the old original ones. If this keeps happening I'll have to replace the ovens with something more reliable. Unfortunately our kitchen isn't able to use commercial appliances, but we can get residential units. The invoice is at our church office and unavailable to paste below.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2017

Bought KitchenAid KEBS177DWH6 on 4/29/2010 so it is less than 7 years old. Display started showing errors, either oven computer control board is bad or the keypad. Both parts not available anymore and they would not even get me a schematic so I could do a unit level repair on it. I have 75-year-old mechanical ovens I can still fix! Parts discontinued so may have to throw away whole oven.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2017

Have lived in this house 30 yrs. We replaced the double wall oven when we purchased the house with a KitchenAid, it worked fine for 29 yrs. It still worked, but we were doing an update to stainless steel so we replaced our perfectly working oven with a $3000.00 27 inch stainless double electric wall oven so it matched the rest of the appliances. This oven can't even cook a frozen pizza, the top gets overcooked and the bottom is undercooked even on the bottom rack. Christmas dinner we made a prime rib roast needless to say the top was a little well done, the middle was a perfect pink, and the meat by the bone was very under cooked (somewhat raw). Not a good job for a oven advertised as even heat.

This oven is all looks. It seems as if KitchenAid tried to make this look like a Viking. Bring back the old design with a heating element on the bottom and not under the sheet metal bottom. It's nice to see the inside of the oven cleaned up with no element and a pretty blue inside, but it doesn't cook well. One other problem is the bottom oven gets hot (too hot to touch anything) eg: cookie sheets and pots etc. That one would store in the bottom oven when it's not in use. This is with the lower oven off.

I could go on and on, right now I've contacted KitchenAid and am waiting for their assessment as well as the store I purchased it from. I've been cooking for over 50 years, my father owned a restaurant when I was 17 so I know my way around a kitchen. I do not believe the oven is broken but is defective in design function. I wish I had reviewed many of the complaints prior to buying this; door glass shattering, circuit control boards failing after using the oven cleaning function. KitchenAid went as far as telling me I must have used the wrong baking pan which might cause uneven baking, come on now!!! So do research before buying one.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2016

We've owned our architect series wall oven for about 3 years. Today, during the self clean cycle, the glass cracked and broken into 2 pieces. Now I find this is a chronic problem mentioned by many others. I've hated this oven even before this product defect was discovered. The unit takes forever to both heat and cool and is extremely loud. Cooking is inconsistent. And now I have a cracked glass on the top oven. I plan on contacting the CPSC and KitchenAid. I don't want to "fix" this unit and certainly don't think I should have to pay for repairs. KitchenAid (Whirlpool) should be ashamed!!!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2016

This refers to KEBS209BSS, "Architect Series" Convection Double Oven. Very loud fan runs constantly. The oven requires more than 30 minutes to heat to temp and then the temperature swing during baking is more than 50 degrees. Service tech replaced control panel twice... no difference. The convection is absolutely worthless. The blowers are misbalanced, convection for KitchenAid/Whirlpool seems to mean a blower at the back of the oven and not true convection. Thus foods are overcooked at the back and undercooked at the front unless rotating and dropping temp when you open the door. One cannot use convection roast, set a preferred temp, and use a timer to start and stop the system. The bottom pan is thin and warped with first clean cycle.

After using top and bottom ovens simultaneously at Thanksgiving the oven also has had issues with NOT TURNING OFF even when all the control panel clearly indicates it is off, having had to drop the breaker to get it to shut off. The oven then seemed to behave normally after the forced reboot. Have had it serviced multiple times. For such an expensive oven, it is awful. Will have to have cabinet recut and go GE.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2016

I purchased four new major KitchenAid kitchen appliances, 3 in late July and one in late September. I have already had to call for service twice. Very unsatisfactory experience in every way. Yesterday, the oven just quit working, barely 4 months old and very little actual use. Clearly, these appliances are of very poor quality. Further, I received no help or assistance from the company I purchased them from, even though I purchased from a local company. They provide no service or assistance after you have paid them the big bucks for the appliances which they recommended.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2016

We purchased 2 KitchenAid Superba model KEBC107KSS03 single ovens in '04 for our kitchen remodel project. Since then we have had to repair each oven twice, for a total of 4 service calls, due to the self-cleaning mode. Before Thanksgiving this year, we set both ovens to self-clean and one of them performed as designed - the other started the cycle but about 2.5 hours into the process (the end of the cycle) displayed an error message...again! As has happened all too often before, the oven no longer will heat.

Now we need to have it repaired for the third time for the same problem! The service repairman told us it was a common problem with these ovens the first time we had it repaired. We searched the internet for a product recall. There are recalls for wall ovens manufactured in 2003 but not single ovens. We first thought the problem was a defective thermostat that allowed the oven to overheat in self-clean mode and would be "fixed" with a new one. Time has proven that is not the case - a new thermostat didn't solve the problem. This is just a faulty KitchenAid product. If we only had one oven we would replace it with another brand but, since we have two ovens, it is cost-prohibitive. Buyer beware!

Original review: Oct. 14, 2016

If I could give the KitchenAid Superba single wall oven model #KEBS107SSS zero, zippo, nada stars, I would. In fact, I have discovered that the problem isn't just with my model, but with many - if not all - KitchenAid ovens. Two other friends of mine have said that they seriously regret purchasing KitchenAid ovens and will NEVER buy another - EXACTLY my sentiments. One of my friends has the same wall oven model, but the other has a stove which includes the cooktop and oven as an entire unit.

The first problem is that ALL of our ovens can take up to 20 minutes to preheat to 325 degrees convection. My particular model has hot spots, even though I use the convection feature for baking. KitchenAid had to replace my first oven because after I turned it on to "broil", there was a loud explosion. I couldn't figure out where the noise came from until I opened my oven door to discover that the glass had shattered into 10 million shards. Yeah, just try cleaning up that mess!

Then, a week ago, I decided to use my "self-cleaning cycle" for the first time. (Usually, I just wipe down the inside if there are spills.) All was well, it worked like a charm - until about 4 hours later when I wanted to use my oven. It wouldn't heat!!! I talked to my friend, who has the KitchenAid stove, to ask if she'd ever had an issue after using the self-clean cycle. Yes, she had! She had to "reset" her oven. She suggested that I go online to see if anyone with my model had any problems. Brother - had they ever!!! Also, I couldn't believe how many different issues that so many KitchenAid oven owners, who have different models than mine, had after they had used the "self clean cycle".

So, I phoned to have my oven serviced. It is going to cost me $280.00 for the KitchenAid relay board and another $180.00 for mileage, diagnostics and repair, not including our state tax of 9.8%. So, my very clean oven is going to cost me over $500.00 to fix. Additionally, the serviceman told me that KitchenAid ovens are constantly having issues after using the self-cleaning cycle because various things go wrong with them: the relay board, thermostats, etc. He said that some people use the self-clean cycle twice or three times with no problem, but after that, they experience problems - you can never be sure.

Then, he told me verbatim, "NEVER, NEVER, NEVER use the self-cleaning cycle on this oven." He said that my particular model number doesn't even have a thermostat - isn't that just grand?! Not that I even use the self-clean cycle a lot, however, it is a feature for which I initially paid a lot of money. Not to mention: In the year 2016, what self-respecting person in America who is purchasing a new oven, isn't going to buy one that doesn't have a self-clean cycle?! QUESTION: What oven manufacturer would allow such crappy design and production of such a worthless appliance? The answer is: KitchenAid. QUESTION: What oven manufacturer, in the year 2016, would offer a self-cleaning feature that their retailers & service people tell you to "Never use"? The answer is: KitchenAid.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2016

Too bad I didn't read the reviews before I put my oven onto the self-clean setting. Part was through the cycle, the electronics went blank, which renders the oven unusable. This double oven came was in the house when I moved in. As noted in other reviews, the fan is noisy. Would not purchase this model.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2016

I purchased an entire new kitchen of top of the line KitchenAid appliances THREE MONTHS ago. I have not used the double convection oven much (model KODE500E), but had a homemade pie spill over so I used the self clean feature yesterday and now the entire glass front has dripping brown condensation in between the glass in the oven door which cannot be cleaned. I called KitchenAid and after waiting on hold for over a half hour I was connected to a person who told me it is a "design feature" and is therefore NOT covered under warranty.

I asked to speak to her manager who in a condescending manner told me likewise it is totally normal for it to do this because there is a vent so the glass doesn't get too hot and shatter!!! He told me I would have to get a repair man AT MY EXPENSE to take the doors apart (oh yes, the bottom oven door which I have NEVER used has condensation in it also) and then they could clean it but it would just keep happening because that is how it is designed! I then asked what is the purpose of having a glass door and an oven light feature if I can't even see through the glass because it is covered with dripping brown slime. He again said that it is a "design feature" of the oven.

I had replaced my old KitchenAid appliance just because we are doing a remodel of a multi million dollar house and I am sick that now my new oven looks like I never clean my house and I can't even believe a company wants themselves represented by such flawed design and such poor customer service. PLEASE do NOT buy KitchenAid ovens or you will be very sorry too. I can't even picture what this oven will look like in a year if it is this bad in 3 months!!! If anyone ends up pursuing a class action lawsuit on this please let me know as I would be happy to join in.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2016

I bought this Superba wall oven because it was the only one that fit in the pre-existing space I had. I absolutely hate it. I have not had the problem with the self-cleaning feature but I've had others. The fan is very annoying and will continue for at least a half hour after being shut off. To stop it any sooner, you have to open the door and leave it open until it cools. The worst thing about this oven is that if you cook something on the top rack, whatever you put on the bottom rack will not cook properly. If you have meat on the top and try to cook potatoes on the bottom or rolls, they will not brown or crisp. The worst oven ever.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2016

Purchased KitchenAid double oven wall unit in 2014. Top oven glass broke during self-cleaning. Only 13 months old. No warranty. Two months later and many calls to KitchenAid a 3rd party company charged us $350 for a new glass and install. He told us this is a common problem with this model and we should not use the self-cleaning function so we don't. Now the lights don't work on the control panel. It takes over 10 minutes to heat up, and over 20 minutes to shut down. Decided to use the oven until it dies since I can no longer afford replacing it (retired). Will never purchase another Whirlpool or KitchenAid product again.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2016

After a little over one year's use, tried to use the self-cleaning feature on oven. Halfway through the process, the oven failed and quit. While the self-cleaning function was in use my brand new cabinetry, floor and oven itself became extremely hot to the touch. This was very concerning. As the oven is still under warranty, a technician came to repair it. He said it will require two fuses, two men, and two weeks to get repaired. The fuse replacement will require that both the microwave and oven be completely removed from the cabinetry in which they are located. Obviously a two man job. In the meantime, my oven door is locked shut and cannot be opened.

Hopefully this will be a quick fix, however, I will never use this self-cleaning function again. The technician told me not to use the function as well because he said it does not work. Very upset that I bought this KitchenAid product. Will discourage all others to avoid KitchenAid products as well. I would also be willing to join a class action suit, if one is started. This is just wrong.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2016

This unit is five years old. This past year the control panel would fade away during use so that one cannot see any of the settings. Once it cools down the panel display returns. KitchenAid customer service said that they had no record of this ever happening. They said that they could assist me with neither cause nor fix, but gave me a list of service companies. The technician from the service company said that he has seen the issue several times before. It stems from the panel parts becoming subjected to the extreme heat of the auto-cleaning feature so that they melt or lose connection. Cost to replace $545 with the caveat not to use the self-clean feature.

KitchenAid Wall Ovens Company Information

KitchenAid
P.O. Box 218
St. Joseph
MI
www.kitchenaid.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business