Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

98 KitchenAid Wall Ovens Consumer Reviews

Original review: April 24, 2019

Do not waste your money, this oven not worth the money or effort. This is a very bad product, was a big mistake to buy KitchenAid. We got it on 11/2018, installed 12/18, and during the first self cleaning this month 3/2019 the door glass blown. Also from day one we noticed the unit takes longer than normal to heat up. Also it is not hot enough for cooking, so during cooking we have to raise temp above normal. Now this is less than 5 month unit and this is very disappointment. Called Kitchenaid and last week, they scheduled service visit on the following Monday, but they called on Monday to shift it to Tuesday, anyway on Tuesday NO ONE show up, and no one called to let us know if they will not show up.

Original review: April 20, 2019

We contacted the authorized repair company when our upper oven door fogged up when using the lower oven. We thought the door was sealed like a double pane window, and that the seal had failed. The technician confirmed the issue, but didn't know if there was a fix. He called the tech line and asked if there is a fix. The tech said the oven was "operating as designed." In other words, fogging up is to be expected with this model. We have owned other double wall ovens by other manufacturers and never experienced this issue. We are disappointed.

Get expert buying tips about Ranges, Ovens, and Stoves delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 8, 2019

I used the self cleaning feature of the built-in 30" oven on the normal cleaning setting. I wiped up the excess grease and dried the oven floor before I started the cycle. It said it would take 4 hours. After about 2 hours, the entire oven area and cabinets around the oven felt very hot. I tried to cancel the cleaning cycle but all the electronics in the panel went out. It locked up and won't unlock. The control panel is completely burned out. The only way I prevent the cabinets from catching fire was to cool them with cool towels. Very dangerous situation.

Original review: March 15, 2019

When using lower oven steam escapes and infiltrates between the upper oven door glass. So much so that it blocks 70% of your ability to see inside the upper oven. Called KitchenAid and they say it's normal. They also blamed me for using my oven to braise instead of bake? They recommended using the upper oven for braising and the lower oven for baking!!! Where was that in the advertisement when I bought it? Also, there is no way to clean the upper oven glass after the steam evaporates and leaves a film unless you disassemble the door. Their customer support was almost indignant that I saw this as an issue. My last KitchenAid product...EVER!

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

KitchenAid 30 Inch Double Wall Oven KODE500ESS The appearance of this oven is very appealing but trying to cook with it is another story. If you open the oven door, to make cookies for instance, it will not hold an even temperature. At 350 deg start time by the 3rd batch it was 125 degrees. The technician said you need to do it fast. I have been cooking for 40 years and know how to change batches of cookies. Never have I had such frustration with an appliance. Spent 2800.00 dollars and am almost in tears any time I bake something. Many many complaints to Kitchenaid about this same thing. They have to know it is a flaw. Then there are hot spots in the back of the oven that makes it even more necessary to open the oven and turn pans around. I am not using the dark coated pans. Just normal stainless or aluminum. This oven is a nightmare and nothing is being done about it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about KitchenAid?

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

I have a built in KitchenAid oven and microwave. However this is the 3rd I used the self cleaning feature and all 3 times resulted in the oven not working, due to the 500F temperature and KitchenAid refused to send a techie out unless I paid for it. I called out American Shields each time and have had to pay $80. Please if anyone is filing with Attorney General, I like information. KitchenAid needs to be addressed.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

The first time I used the self cleaning option lead to my oven NOT working at all! I’ve read hundreds of this same complaint and nothing has been done to resolve this problem! I will definitely spread the word to everyone not to buy KitchenAid! I’m appalled that they’ve refused to offer repair without the consumer paying for it!!! RECALL????

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

I have contacted the company about this issue, but they say it is over 12 months, so there is no guarantee. They know there is an issue with the oven not holding the set temperature and are doing nothing about it. We need to report this to our different states' attorney general. They need to be punished for their deceptive practices. Knowing what I know now, I would NEVER buy another KitchenAid appliance. We purchased a stainless steel wall oven and microwave combination for a new house that was finished in August 2017. Model number is KOCE500ESS05. The oven does NOT HOLD the temperature. This has been reported hundreds (possibly thousands) of times on the internet.

The company has NOT FIXED a known issue with the oven. Now, we have a unit that we purchased for thousands of dollars that is a little over a year old that will need hundreds of dollars in repairs. KitchenAid is NOT what it used to be. When I called to report the problem, it was answered by Whirlpool. I should note that I also purchased a very expensive Maytag washing machine for my house which also has major problems. Stay away from KitchenAid, Maytag, and Whirlpool. You will pay a premium price for substandard appliances.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

I purchased KEBC107KSSO5 single wall oven and separate KitchenAid microwave convection oven in 2005 but the oven never heated evenly. My baked goods were always browner on one side. My Thanksgiving turkey had to be in the oven hours longer than prescribed by the turkey instructions otherwise it was not cooked on the inside or it was more cooked on one side than the other. I just thought it was all normal until now that I am baking even more and nothing is baking properly. I am tired of putting up with this so I will be replacing it with another brand that is not KitchenAid or any company that makes KitchenAid appliances.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

Takes 30 min to heat to 350 degrees. I placed a thermometer in the oven and it reads 100 degrees hotter on the bottom rack. Turn the oven down and it won’t finish cooking. Turn it up and it burns everything. Very loud. Fan runs forever after you use it. Just terrible.

KitchenAid Wall Ovens Company Information