KitchenAid Wall Ovens

Compare Ranges, Ovens, and Stoves

Research top Ranges, Ovens, and Stoves recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I purchased four new major KitchenAid kitchen appliances, 3 in late July and one in late September. I have already had to call for service twice. Very unsatisfactory experience in every way. Yesterday, the oven just quit working, barely 4 months old and very little actual use. Clearly, these appliances are of very poor quality. Further, I received no help or assistance from the company I purchased them from, even though I purchased from a local company. They provide no service or assistance after you have paid them the big bucks for the appliances which they recommended.

We purchased 2 KitchenAid Superba model KEBC107KSS03 single ovens in '04 for our kitchen remodel project. Since then we have had to repair each oven twice, for a total of 4 service calls, due to the self-cleaning mode. Before Thanksgiving this year, we set both ovens to self-clean and one of them performed as designed - the other started the cycle but about 2.5 hours into the process (the end of the cycle) displayed an error message...again! As has happened all too often before, the oven no longer will heat.

Now we need to have it repaired for the third time for the same problem! The service repairman told us it was a common problem with these ovens the first time we had it repaired. We searched the internet for a product recall. There are recalls for wall ovens manufactured in 2003 but not single ovens. We first thought the problem was a defective thermostat that allowed the oven to overheat in self-clean mode and would be "fixed" with a new one. Time has proven that is not the case - a new thermostat didn't solve the problem. This is just a faulty KitchenAid product. If we only had one oven we would replace it with another brand but, since we have two ovens, it is cost-prohibitive. Buyer beware!

If I could give the KitchenAid Superba single wall oven model #KEBS107SSS zero, zippo, nada stars, I would. In fact, I have discovered that the problem isn't just with my model, but with many - if not all - KitchenAid ovens. Two other friends of mine have said that they seriously regret purchasing KitchenAid ovens and will NEVER buy another - EXACTLY my sentiments. One of my friends has the same wall oven model, but the other has a stove which includes the cooktop and oven as an entire unit.

The first problem is that ALL of our ovens can take up to 20 minutes to preheat to 325 degrees convection. My particular model has hot spots, even though I use the convection feature for baking. KitchenAid had to replace my first oven because after I turned it on to "broil", there was a loud explosion. I couldn't figure out where the noise came from until I opened my oven door to discover that the glass had shattered into 10 million shards. Yeah, just try cleaning up that mess!

Then, a week ago, I decided to use my "self-cleaning cycle" for the first time. (Usually, I just wipe down the inside if there are spills.) All was well, it worked like a charm - until about 4 hours later when I wanted to use my oven. It wouldn't heat!!! I talked to my friend, who has the KitchenAid stove, to ask if she'd ever had an issue after using the self-clean cycle. Yes, she had! She had to "reset" her oven. She suggested that I go online to see if anyone with my model had any problems. Brother - had they ever!!! Also, I couldn't believe how many different issues that so many KitchenAid oven owners, who have different models than mine, had after they had used the "self clean cycle".

So, I phoned to have my oven serviced. It is going to cost me $280.00 for the KitchenAid relay board and another $180.00 for mileage, diagnostics and repair, not including our state tax of 9.8%. So, my very clean oven is going to cost me over $500.00 to fix. Additionally, the serviceman told me that KitchenAid ovens are constantly having issues after using the self-cleaning cycle because various things go wrong with them: the relay board, thermostats, etc. He said that some people use the self-clean cycle twice or three times with no problem, but after that, they experience problems - you can never be sure.

Then, he told me verbatim, "NEVER, NEVER, NEVER use the self-cleaning cycle on this oven." He said that my particular model number doesn't even have a thermostat - isn't that just grand?! Not that I even use the self-clean cycle a lot, however, it is a feature for which I initially paid a lot of money. Not to mention: In the year 2016, what self-respecting person in America who is purchasing a new oven, isn't going to buy one that doesn't have a self-clean cycle?! QUESTION: What oven manufacturer would allow such crappy design and production of such a worthless appliance? The answer is: KitchenAid. QUESTION: What oven manufacturer, in the year 2016, would offer a self-cleaning feature that their retailers & service people tell you to "Never use"? The answer is: KitchenAid.

Too bad I didn't read the reviews before I put my oven onto the self-clean setting. Part was through the cycle, the electronics went blank, which renders the oven unusable. This double oven came was in the house when I moved in. As noted in other reviews, the fan is noisy. Would not purchase this model.

I purchased an entire new kitchen of top of the line KitchenAid appliances THREE MONTHS ago. I have not used the double convection oven much (model KODE500E), but had a homemade pie spill over so I used the self clean feature yesterday and now the entire glass front has dripping brown condensation in between the glass in the oven door which cannot be cleaned. I called KitchenAid and after waiting on hold for over a half hour I was connected to a person who told me it is a "design feature" and is therefore NOT covered under warranty.

I asked to speak to her manager who in a condescending manner told me likewise it is totally normal for it to do this because there is a vent so the glass doesn't get too hot and shatter!!! He told me I would have to get a repair man AT MY EXPENSE to take the doors apart (oh yes, the bottom oven door which I have NEVER used has condensation in it also) and then they could clean it but it would just keep happening because that is how it is designed! I then asked what is the purpose of having a glass door and an oven light feature if I can't even see through the glass because it is covered with dripping brown slime. He again said that it is a "design feature" of the oven.

I had replaced my old KitchenAid appliance just because we are doing a remodel of a multi million dollar house and I am sick that now my new oven looks like I never clean my house and I can't even believe a company wants themselves represented by such flawed design and such poor customer service. PLEASE do NOT buy KitchenAid ovens or you will be very sorry too. I can't even picture what this oven will look like in a year if it is this bad in 3 months!!! If anyone ends up pursuing a class action lawsuit on this please let me know as I would be happy to join in.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about KitchenAid?

I bought this Superba wall oven because it was the only one that fit in the pre-existing space I had. I absolutely hate it. I have not had the problem with the self-cleaning feature but I've had others. The fan is very annoying and will continue for at least a half hour after being shut off. To stop it any sooner, you have to open the door and leave it open until it cools. The worst thing about this oven is that if you cook something on the top rack, whatever you put on the bottom rack will not cook properly. If you have meat on the top and try to cook potatoes on the bottom or rolls, they will not brown or crisp. The worst oven ever.

Purchased KitchenAid double oven wall unit in 2014. Top oven glass broke during self-cleaning. Only 13 months old. No warranty. Two months later and many calls to KitchenAid a 3rd party company charged us $350 for a new glass and install. He told us this is a common problem with this model and we should not use the self-cleaning function so we don't. Now the lights don't work on the control panel. It takes over 10 minutes to heat up, and over 20 minutes to shut down. Decided to use the oven until it dies since I can no longer afford replacing it (retired). Will never purchase another Whirlpool or KitchenAid product again.

After a little over one year's use, tried to use the self-cleaning feature on oven. Halfway through the process, the oven failed and quit. While the self-cleaning function was in use my brand new cabinetry, floor and oven itself became extremely hot to the touch. This was very concerning. As the oven is still under warranty, a technician came to repair it. He said it will require two fuses, two men, and two weeks to get repaired. The fuse replacement will require that both the microwave and oven be completely removed from the cabinetry in which they are located. Obviously a two man job. In the meantime, my oven door is locked shut and cannot be opened.

Hopefully this will be a quick fix, however, I will never use this self-cleaning function again. The technician told me not to use the function as well because he said it does not work. Very upset that I bought this KitchenAid product. Will discourage all others to avoid KitchenAid products as well. I would also be willing to join a class action suit, if one is started. This is just wrong.

This unit is five years old. This past year the control panel would fade away during use so that one cannot see any of the settings. Once it cools down the panel display returns. KitchenAid customer service said that they had no record of this ever happening. They said that they could assist me with neither cause nor fix, but gave me a list of service companies. The technician from the service company said that he has seen the issue several times before. It stems from the panel parts becoming subjected to the extreme heat of the auto-cleaning feature so that they melt or lose connection. Cost to replace $545 with the caveat not to use the self-clean feature.

The double oven came with the house we bought about a year ago. It's worked fine but stopped heating and the control panel wouldn't respond. The technician who came out was surprised that the problem was the control panel and surprised again when he couldn't get a replacement. I've searched around online and can't find one either. Now I see this is a common problem. At least in other appliances and electronics, companies may discontinue the model but will design a new part that replaces the old part. I see nothing like that and if I can't find a replacement part - based on what I read hear - I won't be paying a premium for a KitchenAid anything in the future.

The control panel on my model KEBC247KSS05 went out after a few years of service and the appliance tech tried to order another one and none were available. The factory stopped making them and now all that is available is refurbished ones except they are not that available either. I waited over 4 months to get a replacement and it didn't work either. Waiting on another one to come in and hoping it works but for how long no one knows. It is a used part refurbished. I will contact Kitchenaid and see if I can get anywhere with them and if not I will never buy another one of their products. You pay a premium for them and the service and parts should be available when you need them.

My KitchenAid Superba convection oven door shattered tonight while I was broiling steaks. The oven is 6 years old. Thank God nobody was injured as the glass did not crumble. It shot out in shards. This needs a consumer alert asap before a death occurs!!!

I have a 15 month old KitchenAid wall oven. The very first time I used the self cleaning function, the oven died halfway through the three hour cycle. (This oven replaced a totally functional 30 year old GE wall oven which we replaced ONLY for cosmetic purposes, i.e. it looked outdated). What a horrific mistake! We're still battling to get KitchenAid to take responsibility. If you have a choice, pick another brand of oven. P.S. A few months ago, one of the oven bulbs burned out (seems premature to me). The official instructions which came with the oven contained completely bogus information on how to replace the bulb, which only serves to show how KitchenAid doesn't seem to care about customer experience in the least.

During the remodeling process of my home, I was making a baked potato in my KitchenAid oven KEBU107SSS03, when suddenly I started to hear creaks emanating from the kitchen. The sound continued for several minutes thereafter, then suddenly I heard what sounded like an explosion. I walk into the kitchen only to find that the inner glass panel had complete shattered and shards of glass was spewed both in the over and all about the floor. I called Kitchen Aid customer support and they asked if anyone was hurt and quickly started to take the necessary information to set-up the repair.

Within 4 days a 3rd party repair guy came out and to survey the damage and set up an appointment day. A week later he came and removed the door from the oven and had no idea how to replace the glass. We review YouTube videos and he call his company, only to tell me that a senior tech requested he bring the door back to the shop to installed the new glass.

Eventually, they returned the door (sitting it on the front porch exposed to the weather) for me to realized it 2 days later. He claimed that it wasn't under warranty and didn't want the liability of future problems. Not only was it dented, but he was told not to reinstall it, as is. No word from Kitchen Aid or the contractor, but I am still unable to use this VERY expensive oven.

I have taken pics and starting to post them on the Web on various social media sites, as well as, new upscale home construction sites - warning potential buyers of Mfg faults of this appliance. The realization of the magnitude of destruction to one's home as a result of this known failure is difficult to imagine, but consider the legal ramifications should the glass had put my eyes out or affected my child or visitors in my home. I believe a class action suit is in order, if Kitchen Aid continues to ignore the matter!!!

I set the oven clean feature upon leaving the house to run errands this morning. Returning a few hours later, we walked into step in glass from the shattered oven door. At first we could not figure out what where all the glass came from. And then we saw the fragments coming out from under the top door (only cleaned the top oven on a double set up). There is so much glass IN the oven, I cannot open the door. It had to have been quite an explosion as the glass went into the family room area - a good distance. Sure a good thing we did not have small children here (or ourselves for that matter!!)!

As many others on here have described, the inside glass door on my oven shattered about 15 minutes into a timed cooking cycle. This oven is 5 years old and out of warranty. I called the company and was told "this was a very rare event". Funny when there are numerous reports of this event here and on other websites. I was given two options, both at my cost. They could send a repairman out to diagnose and charge $75 at which time, he would tell me what the repair would cost, or purchase a discounted warranty plan for $250 to $320 (his computer wasn't working) that would fix it and provide a one year warranty. I deferred to see what it would cost to repair this before proceeding.

It's really unfortunate the company isn't responding to this in a more proactive manner. To use the term that this was a rare event really put me on guard. I'll file a complaint with the Consumer Product Safety Commission. Had they recognized the problem and offered a reasonable repair cost, I would have moved on. But to just deny it's a problem is simply unacceptable.

I bought a double oven and made the mistake of believing Consumer Report's ratings. (It turns out that they rated ovens on their features without considering reliability at all!) The first time that I ran the self-cleaning cycle the thermal fuse blew, both ovens locked and could not even be opened until a repairman came. After several weeks without an oven he replaced the fuses and the moment I ran the self-clean cycle again, guess what? The same again. When I complained to Whirlpool (who own KitchenAid, Maytag and half a dozen other companies) they told me that "We repair, we do not replace."

I told them that I had purchased a five year warranty and that I would run the self-cleaning cycle as many times as I could during that period. Their response? The next time that the repairman came he took the ovens out of the wall and inspected them and after talking to Whirlpool's technical "experts" told me that the cutout was 1/8 inch too narrow and that Whirlpool refused to honor the warranty because of the "faulty installation". He added that Whirlpool told him that "90 percent of the problems with the ovens were due to faulty installation" (of course if this was true it would mean that the design was faulty). I subsequently measured the cutout and it was exactly the right size! If any lawyer wants to start a class action I would be happy to join in.

About 2013, I bought my wall double oven and on last winter the inner glass exploded. When I tried to use for the first time the self-clean button, it was really scary and this is a safety. Issue, I don't understand why government regulations haven't done anything about it yet. On the manual it's said one part number but when I ordered there are 2 different types of inner glass door! I bought the second one, now I tried to returned the first one and KitchenAid said they are not responsible for shipping so the cost of shipping is higher than the cost of the glass. This is really unfair. Please don't buy anything from KitchenAid. I bought the refrigerator, stove, dishwasher and double wall oven and I have had problems on all of them!!

As with other complaints on this site for the same reasons, we recently purchased a very attractive electric double wall oven that has been a poor execution of service and product quality from the onset of this buying "experience". We purchased the KODE507ESS ON 12/2/2015 and were notified shortly thereafter that the oven was on backorder until approximately 12/29/15. We were then notified a second time on or about 12/21/15 notifying us that the oven was projected to be on backorder until approx. 1/28/16.

Approximately one week after that notification, we received a call from the delivery people stating that they had our oven ready for delivery and wanted to schedule. Wait a minute, we were just told the oven wasn't available until the end of January and now the delivery company has it on their truck? So we called Whirlpool and they had no idea that the delivery company had the oven. Bottom line is, no one at Whirlpool could accurately answer our questions and ultimately, the oven was delivered according to the original projection on 1/5/16.

Aesthetically, the oven is very pleasing to the eye, that's where it ends. We cleaned and wiped down the oven thoroughly prior to its first use and luckily, we heat cycled the oven prior to cooking with it. The oven filled our home with a fairly heavy industrial smelling oily smoke that took weeks to clear out of the home and oven. That was the second disappointment. Then we noticed that on the second or third time of use, that the porcelain coating in the bottom oven, near front and center, was beginning to crack and delaminate from its base. We contacted Whirlpool right away and setup a service call. The service tech was very nice and came and inspected the oven and recommended a replacement as there was no way to repair it. He called Whirlpool who told him that he needed to try "touch-up paint".

The tech tried to explain that the crack was creeping and that paint would not work but Whirlpool "engineering" said that this was an acceptable fix. This service call took place on 1/26/16 and the tech ordered the touch up paint to be delivered directly to him and rescheduled himself to come back the following week. The night before the service tech was to come back, he called to cancel because the paint was on back order. We have not heard from anyone since then and today is March 6 2016! I called a few days ago to get an update and all the service rep could say is that our ticket is still open and the repair product is still on backorder. We were told not to use the bottom oven until the repair could be made so we have essentially been without a fully functioning oven since the beginning of December!

To add insult to injury, the oven does not cook all that well either. We've found that we have to limit the number of items to only one or two items if we want them to cook well and brown well. Overall, we are highly disappointed with every aspect of Whirlpool, KitchenAid and everything about this transaction so far! We will certainly never purchase another product from this company again.

We were so excited to purchase this wall oven KOCE500ESS since it looked so beautiful. The sales guy told us how people really love the purple blue interior. The day that the installer installed and turned on the oven to 400, blue enamel inside blew off. We used it one more time and of course more pieces came off and landed in our food.

We called Whirlpool KitchenAid to get a replacement especially since it was only 1 day old. KitchenAid used a third party to come out to review a week later. The service guy recommended KitchenAid to replace, but KitchenAid refused. The guy from KitchenAid on the phone told the service guy to just use touch up paint even though the service guy repeatedly told him over and over that the paint is chipped off in new places. How do we know what this paint will do to our health and our children's health? But KitchenAid refused to replace. We will never ever buy another product from Whirlpool/Kitchen Aid again! They don't care about end users. They are so fast at taking your money. Buyer beware! (Note: This issue was reported by other customers from Consumer Affair back in 2009. You think they would fix it by now!)

I just had a KitchenAid gas range installed. It was sold to me as self cleaning and it even says on the range "self cleaning." It does not work. I called their repair service and the technician told me "it does not clean". Kitchen Aid had to set up a special number to handle all the complaints. He said it just produces steam but doesn't really clean. We have ran the cleaning process 5 times. It does not clean. The company that I purchased it from is sending someone over this week to physically clean it for me. DO NOT BUY KITCHENAID. IT LOOKS NICE BUT DOES NOT WORK PROPERLY. There should be a recall on these ranges.

I have purchased many KitchenAid appliances over the years and for the most part have been happy. Until my oven went dead and blew the fuse on the self cleaning oven function. I have never used this before and had I read the reviews online, would have never used it to clean my oven. Unfortunately for me (according to KitchenAid) it has been just over two years and they will not fix the problem. The online chat person said this is not a common problem. It is obviously a problem and they do not want to stand by their defective product. I will never buy a KitchenAid appliance again!

Have 3 KitchenAid dishwashers and 2 double ovens in my current house. All are about 3 years old. One dishwasher has simply stopped working. One double oven will get mysterious error codes that show up on the panel. The other double oven won't turn off unless I turn off the breaker. SERIOUS safety problem. These are all KNOWN problems, but KitchenAid AKA Whirlpool won't take responsibility and fix these appliances for free.

Bought $3200 wall oven 4 years ago. Never did heat exactly right but was usable. Now microwave went out and repair is $771, no warranty. They boast a 5-year warranty for parts but that is a fine print lie. Only part that is covered is something that never goes bad. Warranty is bogus. I will never buy another KitchenAid appliance. Years ago, it was a quality item, now cheap junk for a high price.

The KitchenAid Superba Double Wall Oven worked well for years to roast and bake items as long as I didn't use the self cleaning feature. I used the self cleaning feature 3 times over a 10 year period and each time the unit broke down and I had to have a technician come to repair it. The last time, the control panel burned and I wonder if I'm fortunate the whole house didn't burn down.

Purchased a complete new kitchen of Kitchenaid appliances in 2012. Had 4 repairs on dishwasher and have had 5 repairs and 1 pending for parts on Micro/Convec. Wall oven, it just stops working. Was getting error mess. Now nothing, go to use it and it won't work. Have American Home Shield warranty and they won't replace it. The problem is a switch in the door that keeps going out. I have not used the self cleaning feature yet and now I don't think I will. I will never purchase another Kitchenaid product. If there is a class action lawsuit, I could join. Let me know.

Had to have circuit board & keypad replaced. Now about every other time oven is used error code comes up, and you have to reset actual electrical breaker to oven, and then turn it back on. Have not had problems "Yet" with glass breakage, and I have used the self cleaning option several times. Have used self cleaning since circuit board was put in. Of course circuit board and keypad was my expense since oven was outside of any warranty, to the tune of $850. Has anyone had problem with error codes continually coming up, and only way to clear is reset electrical breaker?

KEBS209ESS - This oven looks very nice but has been annoying from day 1, since it blows loudly after any usage for an extended period of time. Most importantly, the lower oven sensor failed in the first year of operation, so they came and replaced it. I missed 2-days of work, once for diagnosis and then another for them to replace part. That was last week. Now yesterday the same sensor error message has appeared, requiring me to call service again and schedule an appointment to miss more work!

KEMS378 - Oven overheats and dries out food. It has a constantly running fan in normal bake. Had service call from store but can't fix oven. My wife wants to THROW AWAY this terrible oven.

KEMS308SSS05 - I purchased this product in Jan 2012. In Nov 2013 (19months later) I have to do a complete overhaul of the circuit board. Cost 350.00. Now in march 2015 (15months) I have to do another one. I called kitchenaid, spoke with a supervisor ** his response was essentially "not our problem". So here I am fixing the same problem at my expense. DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT. KITCHENAID DOES NOT STANDBY THEIR PRODUCT.

KitchenAid Wall Ovens Company Profile