1.33/5
Based on 86 reviews that contain star ratings

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

93 KitchenAid Wall Ovens Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

I have a built in KitchenAid oven and microwave. However this is the 3rd I used the self cleaning feature and all 3 times resulted in the oven not working, due to the 500F temperature and KitchenAid refused to send a techie out unless I paid for it. I called out American Shields each time and have had to pay $80. Please if anyone is filing with Attorney General, I like information. KitchenAid needs to be addressed.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

The first time I used the self cleaning option lead to my oven NOT working at all! I’ve read hundreds of this same complaint and nothing has been done to resolve this problem! I will definitely spread the word to everyone not to buy KitchenAid! I’m appalled that they’ve refused to offer repair without the consumer paying for it!!! RECALL????

Get expert buying tips about Ranges, Ovens, and Stoves delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

I have contacted the company about this issue, but they say it is over 12 months, so there is no guarantee. They know there is an issue with the oven not holding the set temperature and are doing nothing about it. We need to report this to our different states' attorney general. They need to be punished for their deceptive practices. Knowing what I know now, I would NEVER buy another KitchenAid appliance. We purchased a stainless steel wall oven and microwave combination for a new house that was finished in August 2017. Model number is KOCE500ESS05. The oven does NOT HOLD the temperature. This has been reported hundreds (possibly thousands) of times on the internet.

The company has NOT FIXED a known issue with the oven. Now, we have a unit that we purchased for thousands of dollars that is a little over a year old that will need hundreds of dollars in repairs. KitchenAid is NOT what it used to be. When I called to report the problem, it was answered by Whirlpool. I should note that I also purchased a very expensive Maytag washing machine for my house which also has major problems. Stay away from KitchenAid, Maytag, and Whirlpool. You will pay a premium price for substandard appliances.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

I purchased KEBC107KSSO5 single wall oven and separate KitchenAid microwave convection oven in 2005 but the oven never heated evenly. My baked goods were always browner on one side. My Thanksgiving turkey had to be in the oven hours longer than prescribed by the turkey instructions otherwise it was not cooked on the inside or it was more cooked on one side than the other. I just thought it was all normal until now that I am baking even more and nothing is baking properly. I am tired of putting up with this so I will be replacing it with another brand that is not KitchenAid or any company that makes KitchenAid appliances.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

Takes 30 min to heat to 350 degrees. I placed a thermometer in the oven and it reads 100 degrees hotter on the bottom rack. Turn the oven down and it won’t finish cooking. Turn it up and it burns everything. Very loud. Fan runs forever after you use it. Just terrible.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about KitchenAid?

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

Unlike past products from this brand, the electric double oven (24", w/ convection) is awful. Doesn't keep accurate temperature, and locks with no warning (error messages) at higher temperature. Hate using it. Should have checked the Consumer Reports rating before letting my husband buy it.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

Aug 2018, the KOCE507ESS 27” convection wall oven/convection micro built-in unit was installed to replace old combo. 3 hours after the installation: 1. Microwave malfunction. EasyConvect absolutely would not start unless the door was opened and shut- 3 or 4 or 5 times. 2. Error message of F6E8 twice. I phoned KitchenAid. They were helpful in that they connected me with a tech who could come to my house in 2 days. The tech came as planned, worked on the door closing mechanism. The F6E8 error could not be duplicated so no work was done on that.

No one was home for a number of days, when we returned the microwave: 1. Door is not registering closed so microwave will not come on (thought this was fixed). 2. Mic light stays on - this is because the door will not close securely. 3. Mic fan sound is normal then increases to a loud level and sounds as tho something is broken or rattling loose inside... Perhaps the fan. 4. Convection Microwave turns itself off while pre-heating 5. Error messages: F6E8, 2 more times (thought this was fixed).

6. White plastic hook to hold heating element in microwave broke. (Appears the oven must come out of the wall to replace... Much the same as replacing the light bulb.) 7. Complaint: oven takes an impossibly long time to preheat. The same tech came out, worked on the door again, and ordered a replacement fan for the crack fan. Another week to install. The tech has been great. However, I have lost complete faith in this unit. If it is problematic coming out of the box, what grief awaits in its lifetime.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2018

We purchased this wall oven Dec 2016 along with matching KitchenAid fridge, cook top and dishwasher spending over 12k CAD for our newly renovated kitchen. Within the first week there was a rattling noise when using the microwave. We contacted the retailer who scheduled a Whirlpool tech who traced it to a defective microwave fan. Several weeks later he returned with the part and replaced it. He mentioned how several screws under the top casing were not properly tightened during assembly! He also accidentally dropped a tool bit inside the unit which he was unable to retrieve and a tool made contact with a part which made a humming, electrical current sound though the breaker was off...

We were just happy the rattling noise was gone but the noise returned a couple of weeks later just not as loud so we notified the retailer but decided to live with it. Around Feb 2017 the oven started to randomly make rumbling/vibration noises. Again we contacted the retailer who sent Whirlpool tech only we were unable to replicate the sound.

Frustrated having paid so much for a problematic unit, all the time we lost and issues with repair when replacing the microwave fan we thought this warranted a replacement so we called Kitchenaid directly. We were met with a rude, condescending lady who only added to our regret purchasing this brand so we had no interest in dealing with them. We went back to the retailer who sent their tech 3 more times but of course each time we were unable to replicate the noises.

Earlier this year the microwave started making a random high pitched whine 5-10 seconds at a time. Once again, retailers tech came but we were unable to replicate neither oven or microwave noise. He was also here to diagnose an equally problematic KitchenAid Fridge KRFF302ESS.

Between end of March and early April 2018 I finally captured several video recordings of both Microwave and Oven noises. I also started to research and found many others online having the same issues so I contacted KitchenAid again this time via email and send them all the videos. Now that we were aware our problems are not isolated and having proof of the noises I was finally relieved thinking they would know exactly what the issue is and repairs would finally be done and this 17 months of frustration is finally coming to an end.

Not so at all, after emailing back and forth for over 2 months receiving replies from someone different each time often without a name (no accountability). As we were out of the 1 year warranty they say there's nothing they will do and we have to go to the extended warranty company we purchased although the problems started a month after purchase and additional problems all started well within their warranty, all documented.

Although they have clear video/audio recording of the noises of our unit and are aware of others who have the same oven noises they insist upon sending a tech for diagnosis charging us $159 and we would have to take more unpaid time off of work. They know we won't be able to replicate the sound when their tech is there so the extended warranty would not reimburse of the service call and we be out several hundred dollars for nothing.

As they keep claiming KitchenAid is a quality, premium brand and how they stand behind their product, even mentioning if we didn't have the extended warranty they would have assisted us I thought it was only fair they waive the $159 service call as I would have to take even more unpaid time off work. Or they arrange their tech to come on a weekend which they have before, even one Sunday but conveniently now they can will only come weekdays. It's obvious all they care about is their bottom line.

We've owned several other brands of appliances from Bosch, Miele, Fisher Paykel, even Samsung and have never once had a single issues with any of them.

We have an equally problematic KitchenAid Fridge KRFF302ESS which the retailer finally had to replace after several service calls. The freezer had excessive ice build up freezing the door shut, defective noisy fridge cooling mechanism which also built up ice and non functioning ice maker.

We finally received a replacement earlier this year and had the same problem with freezer and fridge cooler building up ice. A whole new freezer door had to be ordered when the issue was with just the seal/gasket proving KitchenAid is only interested in profit confirmed by the tech. I asked the tech what happens with the door thinking it would be returned to the manufacturer or reused/recycled but was shocked to hear it would be discarded. KitchenAid is clearly not an environmentally friendly brand.

I would not recommend this brand to anyone and will be posting a separate review for our fridge. We will continue to warn others of our experience. It's one thing to receive a defective unit but with all the time and stress this has caused and having KitchenAid do nothing about it is beyond us. Very poor quality appliances with no support.

Original review: June 19, 2018

Black Stainless - Double Oven Model # K0DE500EBS02 will not work on the Roast-Convection cooking option. They shut down after 30 mins of cooking a turkey or chicken. The steam from the oven shuts down the panel and you get the following message: "Press-Cancel-Reset Err F2E 1. Keyboard Key Stuck." I had the repairman out here about 4 times. He replaced the panel and tried to fix it. Before he ordered the panel I showed him the consumer reports on what other people had experienced and he stated that he did not know of anything that was wrong with this unit, that there not been anything reported to KitchenAid about this problem.

Installing the new panel did not work, he even wrapped the new panel with tape inside. Now when you try to roast chicken the bottom units try to come on after it shuts down the top unit. The units start beeping and now I have streaks inside the new panel. I tried using the bottom unit and it shuts down too. This is a problem! I have all these matching appliances and the ovens don't work for roasting meat.

He came out yesterday 6/18/2018 and stayed on the phone with 2 different KitchenAid techs. They told him to have me cover-up everything that I cooked so that no steam could escape. The point of the roast and convection bake options is to roast food. He left telling me to complain to KitchenAid, that he couldn't do anything else. I have a new house and I spent over 12,000.00 on this Black Stainless set thinking I would get a lot of use out of these appliances. Now I can't cook like I want. Covering it up doesn't fix the problem.

Original review: May 22, 2018

Everytime I use the cleaning cycle on the double wall oven the internal fuse blows and the oven cannot be used. If I had to buy a new oven I would never buy the KitchenAid oven again. KitchenAid is aware of the problem and said they are working on creating a heavy duty fuse.

Original review: May 10, 2018

Had KitchenAid 30" double ovens (K0DE500ESS02) installed in our new house in 2017. Noticed the upper oven had smear marks on the inner glass. I could not clean it. The ovens were still under warranty. Notified the company and a representative told me that was not covered under warranty because it was considered cosmetic. He asked me if the oven worked. I said yes. He said that was all that mattered. Then I noticed whenever I broiled anything, condensation built up in the oven. When I opened the oven door, water was dripping off it and a lot of smoke. I put off making another call to the company until 2018.

A repair person has been to our house and I demonstrated to him the problem. He said it was normal because the food is wet and the heat from the broiler creates condensation. He also concluded that the smear and streaks inside the glass are probably from the fan blowing the built up moisture through the vents onto the inside glass. Understandable and normal. He has seen this before.

I finally got an authorization for a new door. Unfortunately KitchenAid doesn't pay enough to cover the cost of putting the door together by the repair place. So I'm not getting a new door. I could get it if I were to pay the repair place $100. to cover their cost that KitchenAid won't cover. But what's the use in getting another door if the same thing is going to happen. I have never had an oven that worked like this one. The design is obviously defective. Apparently I'm not the only one having this problem. Not only that, this oven takes forever to reach the set temperature. The timer is so soft you can't hear it when it goes off. I hate this oven. Will never buy KitchenAid/Whirlpool again.

Original review: April 24, 2018

In Oct 17 paid $3k for the KitchenAid KODC304EBL. Fast Forward 4/18 - tried for the first time to self clean the oven and it totally burnt out. Would not heat AT ALL. Called the technician, he said it's common, that I should stock up on parts or cases of oven cleaner. WHAT!!! Said the oven gets too hot and the high/low thermostat burns out, that it needs "airflow." BUT THIS IS A BRAND NEW BUILT IN OVEN - IT'S DESIGNED TO WORK IN AN ENCLOSED CABINET! Still working through the nightmare -- avoid KitchenAid built in ovens - they are not designed to function.

Original review: April 4, 2018

KitchenAid Model KOSC504ESS00: This built-in oven is slow to heat - 2 hours to get to 325 degrees! The service person tested it and told me to be patient and to use it enough to figure out its temperature variance. I have 3 oven thermometers which I can see through the door. The oven does not maintain an even temperature (varies by as much as 50 degrees!), so it is impossible to cook food properly or consistently. Do NOT buy.

Original review: March 18, 2018

Things I like about the double ovens. They look nice! Things I DON'T like about the KitchenAid Double Ovens (KODE500ESS). 1. I think there should be a separate light for each oven. 2.Takes way too long for ovens to heat up. 3. VERY NOISY oven. Both ovens are way too noisy. 4. Uneven baking. Seems to want to burn everything at the back. 5. The ovens won't hold the head when you put something in the oven. 6. Timer is way so sensitive. Sometimes when I touch the timer it turns the oven off! 7. It seems the temperature is never accurate. If you are looking to buy new double ovens, I would not recommend these ovens for the above reasons. If you like baking these are not the ovens for you!

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

Faulty double oven - Steam gets in the panel, then it says key error and just stops working. I had 3 technicians here but there is nothing they can do to fix it. Customer service keeps telling me to cover my food. How am I supposed to cover frozen fries or frozen pizza? It gets all soggy. Last Thanksgiving we had to cover our turkey, the steam got in just 30 min after it was in, so we had steamed turkey instead of baked. Can't even roast vegetables. It still under warranty but KitchenAid won't replace it. They know all the models have this design flaw. I expected more from a company like that. Instead I was treated with dishonesty.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

Shattered microwave glass door - I purchased this new oven (KitchenAid wall oven micro combo Model KEMC378KSS04) and just used the microwave 2 to 4 times a month for heating food; I used my other microwave for almost everything. I heard something shattered thinking it's the light bulb; I come to find out it is the microwave which I haven't even using it. Luckily I am not standing in front of the microwave.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

We purchased the combo wall oven and microwave in April 2011. It replaced a GE similar unit that worked fine for 26 years. I paid for a 5 yr extended warranty. In Dec. 2017 the temp was only getting up to 50 to 60 degrees lower than the requested temp. We have worry free with our utility company which will repair items we put in subscription and pay for monthly. The repairman came, evaluated the situation and ordered a thermostat. He returned and installed the part. The problem was not fixed, temps still 50-60 degree off.

He left and said he would order a new circuit board. Repairman returned, installed part, but the problem continued. He called in the most experienced repairman on the road and they pulled the oven completely out. After unscrewing different panels they pulled out the heating coil from under the oven floor. The coil was cracked in several places and the insulation was peeling off the coils in several places. Upon further examination they observed the enamel was burned off the oven floor and the floor was warped.

They said the oven was unsafe to use and was possibly a severe fire hazard. Now comes the good part. I went online and found this defective oven was known since 2011. Whirlpool manufactures KitchenAid and the company has known there was a problem with this oven and other wall ovens from 2011 and on. You can read the incidents people have experienced over the years and they continue with this flawed design. There has been an attempt to bring a class action suit against the manufacturers. We do not want to repair our oven due to the safety issues.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

I purchased this new oven (KitchenAid wall oven micro combo) and used it twice before it malfunctioned. The thermostat is faulty and needs to be replaced along with the circuit board. The store tried to tell me that I had a power surge which I did not. The service person told me there is a prevalent problem with the faulty thermometer. I do not recommend anybody purchase this oven as I am very dissatisfied with the oven and the service. At the very least, they should offer to compensate me for the 2 days off that I have to take for the service calls and the lack of use of my oven for a month.

Original review: July 29, 2017

Too late to send this thing back. The thermal shut off apparently went out. That seems to be the diagnosis based on other reviews. Too many electronics for a machine that gets to 550 degrees; they should build better parts. 60 year old circuit breaker for the house is fine. Now there's quality. Customer support sounds like it's in the Philippines. Don't buy one of these ovens. Issues after 20 months, the old one blew up after about 15 years, I would expect the same, or better from a new oven. How can you go to bat for made in America and Sears when they sell us junk. So disappointed.

Original review: July 5, 2017

I have to buy a new oven because the company has discontinued making the knob for the "selector". My selector knob broke and the company's only solution is to buy a new oven. Oven works fine, and yes it is an older oven... but it works fine. There are no alternatives for the knob. On the phone with company and they can not even keep straight the model number which I have. Representatives were of no value! Disappointed in this company!

Original review: June 14, 2017

I replaced my gas double wall ovens with KitchenAid Double Ovens KODE507ESS that are electric. I chose KitchenAid because I liked the look and what I read about the performance was also encouraging. First problem I encountered was that the temperature in the oven was at 100+ degrees higher than indicated on temperature display. 2 panels replaced. I now have a film on the inside window of the top oven. I called and was told that they don't do "cosmetics" and that if I wanted to ensure this doesn't happen I should buy part # 482338 which is some kind of a sealant. If they know this issue occurs, why do they not install this part in manufacturing. Totally frustrated! Any ideas how to clean the film?

Original review: June 5, 2017

The self-cleaning option on this oven is far too hot. First, it blew something because the display went dark and I have not been able to open the oven door since yesterday. Second, I have a KitchenAid warming drawer underneath the oven. The cleaning cycle got so hot it melted off the KitchenAid sign on the drawer. Called KitchenAid today, useless conversation. Have called another repair person. This oven is dangerous, it shouldn't get so hot. You cannot touch the floor underneath (which I protected during cleaning cycle). Why is this oven still being sold?

Original review: March 12, 2017

We purchased a Kitchenaid Double Wall Oven. Stainless, convection, self clean... Top of the line. Almost $3k total. Replaced a 20 year old oven that worked fine but was ugly. It came with a 12-month warranty. At approximately 13 months, it died. No lights, no power. Long story short, it failed 5 more times costing $250-$500 each time to get it fixed. I discovered that a few of these were recalled due to a design error that caused the thermal fuse and sometimes the thermostat to fail. It's either due to lack of insulation or airflow. I called the manufacturer and after multiple escalations, I got them to agree verbally that this was a lemon and that they would replace it. Fast forward 2 weeks, they call back and say they'll replace it for $800 and they are backordered so it will be 3-8 weeks. Meanwhile, this oven has been sitting here dead for 5 weeks while they figure out what they're going to do.

I researched the model number they offered to replace it with and it has the same issue. This is apparently an issue with all of their ovens. Unreal... I did some more research and thankfully, the guy who repaired the oven this last time left the old thermal fuse. I just bought one on Amazon for $14. Arrived today and I replaced it in 20 minutes. Screw you Kitchenaid. You will receive zero $$ from me ever again for anything. You build and continue to sell generation after generation of products with known issues. That is wrong and I refuse to do business with you ever again.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2017

Several "repair" calls for $2000 wall oven KOSE500ESS. Same damned error message F2E1 since Aug. 2016. Now I get the message but can't clear it to use the oven without my husband going to the electrical panel and turning the oven off there. DO NOT BUT KITCHENAID. THEY DON'T CARE. Do they really think most people in this country would spend over $2000 on a kitchen appliance? Next time I buy the cheapest thing I can because they don't last a year!!!

Original review: Feb. 17, 2017

I do the kitchen cooking at our church for approximately seventy to one hundred people every week. Someone donated Kitchenaid KEBS278DSS10 built-in double ovens and we had cabinets built to accommodate them. The week before reopening the kitchen the bottom oven door hinges sprung so it wouldn't close, then the switch for the lights and self-cleaning went bad and had to be replaced. The ovens hadn't even been heated up yet so fixing those items seemed to be a no-brainer. Having a background in repairs I replaced the lower door hinges and the switch assembly without much problem. We started using the ovens the next week and on the third week the bottom oven door hinges sprung again. I had my team be very careful of pushing down on the doors to avoid that specifically also.

At a cost of almost ninety dollars a pair the hinges are not cheap and shouldn't be replaced once a month. My solution is to set magnets in the frame around the heat gasket and see what happens. What makes me upset is that the replaced hinges did that same thing as the old original ones. If this keeps happening I'll have to replace the ovens with something more reliable. Unfortunately our kitchen isn't able to use commercial appliances, but we can get residential units. The invoice is at our church office and unavailable to paste below.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2017

Bought KitchenAid KEBS177DWH6 on 4/29/2010 so it is less than 7 years old. Display started showing errors, either oven computer control board is bad or the keypad. Both parts not available anymore and they would not even get me a schematic so I could do a unit level repair on it. I have 75-year-old mechanical ovens I can still fix! Parts discontinued so may have to throw away whole oven.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2017

Have lived in this house 30 yrs. We replaced the double wall oven when we purchased the house with a KitchenAid, it worked fine for 29 yrs. It still worked, but we were doing an update to stainless steel so we replaced our perfectly working oven with a $3000.00 27 inch stainless double electric wall oven so it matched the rest of the appliances. This oven can't even cook a frozen pizza, the top gets overcooked and the bottom is undercooked even on the bottom rack. Christmas dinner we made a prime rib roast needless to say the top was a little well done, the middle was a perfect pink, and the meat by the bone was very under cooked (somewhat raw). Not a good job for a oven advertised as even heat.

This oven is all looks. It seems as if KitchenAid tried to make this look like a Viking. Bring back the old design with a heating element on the bottom and not under the sheet metal bottom. It's nice to see the inside of the oven cleaned up with no element and a pretty blue inside, but it doesn't cook well. One other problem is the bottom oven gets hot (too hot to touch anything) eg: cookie sheets and pots etc. That one would store in the bottom oven when it's not in use. This is with the lower oven off.

I could go on and on, right now I've contacted KitchenAid and am waiting for their assessment as well as the store I purchased it from. I've been cooking for over 50 years, my father owned a restaurant when I was 17 so I know my way around a kitchen. I do not believe the oven is broken but is defective in design function. I wish I had reviewed many of the complaints prior to buying this; door glass shattering, circuit control boards failing after using the oven cleaning function. KitchenAid went as far as telling me I must have used the wrong baking pan which might cause uneven baking, come on now!!! So do research before buying one.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2016

We've owned our architect series wall oven for about 3 years. Today, during the self clean cycle, the glass cracked and broken into 2 pieces. Now I find this is a chronic problem mentioned by many others. I've hated this oven even before this product defect was discovered. The unit takes forever to both heat and cool and is extremely loud. Cooking is inconsistent. And now I have a cracked glass on the top oven. I plan on contacting the CPSC and KitchenAid. I don't want to "fix" this unit and certainly don't think I should have to pay for repairs. KitchenAid (Whirlpool) should be ashamed!!!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2016

This refers to KEBS209BSS, "Architect Series" Convection Double Oven. Very loud fan runs constantly. The oven requires more than 30 minutes to heat to temp and then the temperature swing during baking is more than 50 degrees. Service tech replaced control panel twice... no difference. The convection is absolutely worthless. The blowers are misbalanced, convection for KitchenAid/Whirlpool seems to mean a blower at the back of the oven and not true convection. Thus foods are overcooked at the back and undercooked at the front unless rotating and dropping temp when you open the door. One cannot use convection roast, set a preferred temp, and use a timer to start and stop the system. The bottom pan is thin and warped with first clean cycle.

After using top and bottom ovens simultaneously at Thanksgiving the oven also has had issues with NOT TURNING OFF even when all the control panel clearly indicates it is off, having had to drop the breaker to get it to shut off. The oven then seemed to behave normally after the forced reboot. Have had it serviced multiple times. For such an expensive oven, it is awful. Will have to have cabinet recut and go GE.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2016

I purchased four new major KitchenAid kitchen appliances, 3 in late July and one in late September. I have already had to call for service twice. Very unsatisfactory experience in every way. Yesterday, the oven just quit working, barely 4 months old and very little actual use. Clearly, these appliances are of very poor quality. Further, I received no help or assistance from the company I purchased them from, even though I purchased from a local company. They provide no service or assistance after you have paid them the big bucks for the appliances which they recommended.

KitchenAid Wall Ovens Company Information