Call toll free
3.77/5
Based on 31 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

LifeShield Home Security is considered by some as the "Pioneer" of wireless home security by creating the first all-digital wireless home security system. First created to solve the problem of traditional hard-wired security systems that were defeatable - LifeShield created a virtually undefeatable system. LifeShield is a security company and not a dealer. You buy direct from LifeShield and save up to 40% per month on your home security with one of the safest security systems and one of the fastest responses. LifeShield offers affordable home security kits and WOW Customer Service. Protect your home and family today with LifeShield!

3101 LifeShield Security Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

We are very happy with our system. Once we had the whole system installed it worked like a charm. We set the system up as we would want it and not as some companies do. It does everything we want. Customer Service was wonderful. We look forward to using it for years to come.

Get expert buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: July 25, 2018

I signed up for the security service company LifeShield back in 2013. The contract terms was 63 months. I was told when I signed up over the phone, that I can cancel it any time after the contract is finished. We just found out we have to move in the next month to a different city, and I decide to cancel the service since it's over 5 years. When I called them, they said my service was renewed on July 14th, 2018 for another 12 months becuase I did not call ahead to cancel it before the 63 months contract ended. Our contract automatically renewed for another 12 months, and if I need to cancel it, I will be charged for $359.99.

First, they did not contact me before my contract end and inform me about the end date. I don' think anyone living in this world will count the months for their services and memorize the terms for their life. Plus what I've been told over the phone when I initially setting this up, they did not mention a termination fee of the whole remaining period. They just told me I can cancel it any time after I finish the 5 year contract. It is just not a decent way to do business. My understanding is the contract will be renewed on a monthly basis once I reach the 5 year contract period. I argued with the Account Specialist manager and questioned that I've never receive any notification informing me the 5 year contract is going to end.

I did not receive any email reminding the end date, nor informing me the contract will be renewed for another 12 months period. Now in order to close the account, they need to charge me $359.99. I negotiate it down to $200.00. But this is not the right way to do business. Also, signing the contract was just click a link they provided to me. It's a scam. So I need to file a complaint to this business. Also their monitoring APP does not respond to the server sometimes, which it frequently happened between March through May of 2018. So definitely stay away from this scam company. It's definitely the worst purchasing experience I've ever had.

Hi Tingting,

We agreed to let you out of the contract with no Early Termination Fee. Our team attempted to get in touch with you, but were unable to reach you. If you still have not spoken to someone at LifeShield, please let us know the best time to contact you.

In the meantime, we will continue to try to reach you.

Alex

Original review: July 5, 2018

I just had an issue with my security system and tried to call LifeShield and received a message saying they are closed and if I have an issue to call 911. Why have a security system if you have to call 911? I need a system that will alert the police if my home is broken into whether I am home or away. They should have a call in number 24/7. I thought that was the service they are supposed to be supplying. Very unhappy!

Hi Lee,

In reply to your complaint, I would like clarify a few things, namely that you absolutely do have a system that will alert the police if your home is broken into whether you are home or away. That is the service we provide.

Your system will always alert the police in the event of a break-in 24 hours a day /7 days a week. That means our monitoring center is always active and there to to alert the police if you experience a break-in at your monitored location.

If you require advanced troubleshooting, CS and Technical Support teams are available Monday-Friday from 8AM-9PM EST and 8AM-6PM EST Saturday and Sunday.

However, if you have a CS/Technical question outside of general support hours, we recommend you use our interactive support center for basic troubleshooting:

Customer safety, satisfaction and peace of mind are our #1 priority. Thank you for being a valued LifeShield customer.

Customer Reviews Manager, LifeShield

Original review: July 4, 2018

Today has to have been one of the worst days I have had in the last decade. I woke up and all of my cameras to my security system were not working, so I called LifeShield. They had no answer as to why they had stopped working and put me through the paces of trying different things to get them to work again. In the end, it was agreed that they would replace the cameras due to the fact that we had no answer as to why they would’ve all stopped working. They placed the order and I received the email that the cameras would be on their way. An hour later I get a phone call at work stating that I didn’t really own all of the cameras that have been in my house for more than two years. What malarkey! Here I am getting ready to go on vacation and the cameras aren’t working properly and all of a sudden I don’t own the cameras in my home.

I was put through many grueling conversations, ones where I was demeaned, toyed with, and insulted, and finally I did speak with someone who is intelligent and didn’t speak to me in a demeaning way, but at the end of the day what was the point? They did not take care of my concerns, Nor did they send cameras out or resolve any of the issues. I am a businesswoman and a professional and I have not been treated like this ever as far as I can remember. This company is a waste of time and my family has decided that any company that is not more invested in keeping our family safe and instead literally causes that kind of stress is not worth our time and certainly does not deserve our money. I asked to speak to upper-level management several times and was denied due process. I never heard back from a vice President or upper level manager and was refused information on how to contact them. Unbelievable. Stay away!

Hi Jennifer,

After looking into your account, I can summarize the issues you've had again here in response to your review.

I see you called in early July to troubleshoot cameras (7/3/18). Upon investigation, the technical support representative noticed that all of the your cameras went offline at the same time. Typically, this type of outage is indicative of an issue with the customer’s internet service provider. The tech representative did initial troubleshooting on your cameras with no success. When the tech support representative had you reboot your router, the cameras all re-connected, again confirming it was an issue with your ISP.

We are sorry that you were unsatisfied with the explanation that your internet was the cause of the camera disconnection.

You request to replace all of your cameras, despite the cameras re-connecting and working successfully, created a separate issue where one of our managers reviewed your account and discovered that although you had eight cameras on your system, you had only purchased three cameras.

The manager discovered that you were sent replacement cameras over the length of your contract. After receiving the replacements, you did not return the cameras you claimed were defective, but instead continued to use them on your system.

From our account notes, I see we came to an agreement that we would replace all three of the cameras that you wanted to replace (even though they are now functioning properly since rebooting your router).

Unfortunately, as we explained, we can not replace the additional cameras, because those cameras were not purchased.

LifeShield values our customers very much. As such, we maintain excellent case notes and product tracking to ensure the safety of our customers.

Original review: June 14, 2018

Whenever I must call LifeShield, I always get the most pleasant and helpful technicians. I am not very computer savvy so the situation is always explained in terms that I understand and that enable me to correct the problem. I am enjoying my partnership with LifeShield.

LifeShield Security response

So glad to know! Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your review. Our technicians and customer service representatives truly care about our customers peace of mind and safety. We appreciate that you chose LifeShield to keep your home and family safe, and are glad you shared your experience!

LifeShield

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LifeShield Security?

Original review: June 14, 2018

I am very happy with my LifeShield system. The only trouble that I had was with the free outdoor camera, but it was free, so I can't complain. The system seems to work very well as designed. One must be aware of cell signal strength in one's house as I can only use the internet connection due to inadequate signal. I am ok with that for now and am looking for a way to increase that signal. This is not the system's fault, but strictly my location and building. I like the interface a lot and it instills confidence that my home is secure.

LifeShield Security response

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your review! We appreciate that you chose LifeShield Home Security to keep your home and family safe, and are glad you shared your experience!

LifeShield

Original review: June 10, 2018

Overall LifeShield is an excellent service. Price seems in line with other services except for start ups which Ingrid once was and offered an attractive price. Since I was an early adapter I've been through several growing pains with this company, and I survived. Since I am an early customer I have seen customer support change. In the beginning they were quick to replace failed equipment at no or a discounted price, not now. Quick to answer questions. I asked a simple question several months back and was told a follow up call would be made, no call received. In the beginning I was told sensors would report battery level, mine never have. I'm still here and see no reason to change yet, but technology is always changing and hopefully so is Life Shield.

Hi Andrew,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your review! We appreciate that you chose LifeShield to keep your home and family safe.

LifeShield

Original review: June 8, 2018

I have had this system for a months. I shopped around extensively before choosing LifeShield. They had the best prices and so far the system has been great. I had a few questions and the customer service walked me through everything. Love the mobile app! I have a kid in middle school and it helps me know she’s home safe after school. Recommend to a few friends as well. I’ll update again in a few months.

Hi Marie,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave this feedback! We appreciate that you chose LifeShield to keep your home and family safe.

Original review: June 7, 2018

This is a great security system, it beats ADT and Xfinity. Use to have Xfinity, they made me pay for their equipment failures. Who does that? Anyways, great for the price, and you can even access from your phone or another computer system. Thank you LifeShield.

Hi Joseph,

Original review: June 7, 2018

We like the LifeShield system because it's easy to manage. We have a control panel in two different rooms in the house, and the remote in the car. Plus we can use our phones. It offers peace of mind if we are away or asleep.

Hi Jim,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your review. We appreciate that you chose LifeShield to keep your home and family safe.

Original review: June 7, 2018

Since having LifeShield Security, we have had nothing but positive experiences. When our alarm went off, we were contacted immediately by LifeShield to make sure all was OK. If they felt Police were needed they were sent immediately. I feel our home is safe and secure and have no worries if we are not at home. When our alarm was set off while we were not at home, we were contacted immediately and the Police were sent to our home until we could get there. Great Company. Would highly recommend to anyone looking for security for their home!

Hi Nancy,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your feedback. We appreciate that you chose LifeShield to keep your home and family safe.

Original review: June 7, 2018

Reliable service over more than ten years. Easy to install and very low maintenance. Very helpful when we had an issue with the base station connection. Good notification whenever loss of connection. Fast and reliable when ordering replacement parts. Cost has been reasonable through the years.

Hi Kenneth,

Original review: June 7, 2018

I have been very satisfied with the protection I have received from LifeShield. I do believe the monthly monitoring cost are a bit high. Customer service was very helpful during the installation and a couple of times I needed to make a repair.

Hi Tom,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your review! We appreciate that you chose LifeShield to keep your home and family safe, and are glad you shared your experience!

Original review: June 7, 2018

I would definitely recommend you to family. You have been very reliable... When I was having trouble with paying my bill you came through with a solution for me and I appreciate your understanding and I thank you so much. You're awesome!!

Hi Murial,

So glad to know! Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your review. We appreciate that you chose LifeShield to keep your home and family safe, and are glad you shared your experience!

Original review: June 7, 2018

My wife and I have been LifeShield customers from the company's inception. We have always been pleased with the performance of the hardware and the excellent telephone service we get from Tech Support when adding or changing hardware and/or configurations. In one instance they honored a warranty claim way past its expiration - without us asking them to. We would highly recommend this company.

Hi Stephen,

Original review: June 6, 2018

We’ve been with them for years and couldn’t be happier. The self-install kit was easy to do and there is always a friendly voice to call for help if needed. The customer service is excellent and the price for monitoring is very competitive. We are so glad that we chose LifeShield Security and would recommend them to anyone!

Original review: June 6, 2018

Have been a customer for many years dating back prior to LifeShield Brand. Overall, the service has been excellent. Have recommended your product to family and friends over the years. The equipment has been trouble free even though most of it is long in the tooth as electronics go. I would like to have cell back up but I gave up on that possibility which does put the brand at a disadvantage to newer products in the market.

Hi Larry,

I have shared your comments with our product development team.

Original review: June 6, 2018

All of the equipment on the system works wonderfully. The customer service is second to none. I've been a customer for years and will be for years to come. The shipping was quick and painless. Installation was easier than the original equipment from nearly ten years ago.

Hi Roger,

Original review: June 6, 2018

This is an excellent company with great customer service. I’ve had the equipment now for years, very dependable and was extremely easy to install myself. I definitely recommend this company and would never consider changing alarm companies. We are very happy with this service.

Hi Phillip!

Original review: June 6, 2018

I was with InGrid the original company before there was a LifeShield. The transition between companies was smooth from my end. I started with InGrid when you had to purchase every piece of detection (sensors) yourself. I have some items in service Lifeshield doesn't even sell anymore, yet they do still support. I have been with them over 20 years. Over 20 years ago there were only a couple to use wifi etc. Now there are many more but I don't know if they are as good as my 20+ years experience. Over the years I have replaced many sensors, however, only one major problem in all these years, Motion Detector went off as it quit working, police showed up. That was only one Motion out of 3 I use daily for over 20 years. I would recommend them to others!

Hi Tom,

We love to hear from our long-time customers!

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your review. We appreciate that you chose us to keep your home and family safe and that we've successfully done so for 20 years now.

Original review: June 6, 2018

I have been a customer for LifeShield for almost 5 years and can pleasantly say the relationship has been great. I am glad I did not flip to DirecTV. LifeShield has provided the same if not better than the big box people, however at a more fair price. I like the alerts I receive and the response from the monitoring team when I accidentally set off the service. I think in my almost 5 years of service, the police were sent 3 times, all accidental, but the response was quick. I would recommend LifeShield to my family and friends.

Hi Harold,

Have a wonderful day and thanks for sharing your experience with others.

Original review: June 6, 2018

Good system, seems adequate. Biggest problem is I never hear from the company, i.e. new products, updates or anything. Monitoring price is over $50.00 a month, I feel this could be considerably less. I am looking at other companies and devices to cut expenses.

Hi Bob,

I have asked someone from our escalation team to reach out to you to address your comments and to see if there's anything we can do for you.

LifeShield

Original review: June 4, 2018

Funny how when I was trying to decide if I should go with your company customer service would call me back right away. But after signing the contract and receiving can't get anyone to call me back on exchanging equipment that was ordered in error.

Hi Denise,

I am very sorry you are having difficulty getting in touch with someone. I have forwarded your information to our escalation department and someone will reach out to you tomorrow so you don't have to wait on hold.

Our customers are very important to us and we want to address whatever issues you have about exchanging your equipment asap.

LifeShield

Original review: June 1, 2018

I have had my LifeShield home security system for 5 years at least, and have never had a single problem with it. No sensor issues, no connectivity issues, nothing. Monthly billing was the lowest I could find and has remained consistent. I used to have ADT before they and it was horrible - always going off in the middle of the night. They would send a tech to fix it, but the same problem kept happening. I am so happy I switched to LifeShield. The tech people are awesome, and they call to check up on me periodically to see if everything is ok. We got a LifeShield system for our vacation home too, and we love it because we can see any time someone is coming or going there. The flood and temperature sensors help us to know that everything is ok - which is important in case you're worried about it getting too cold and the water pipes bursting. I highly recommend!

LifeShield Security response

Thanks so much for the great review! We love our customers and are very happy you are one of them.

Stay safe and don't hesitate to reach out to us with any questions or requests and we will be happy to help you!

Best,

Customer Reviews Manager, LifeShield

Original review: May 30, 2018

I have tried to cancel my account four times over a period of 4 years. They always have an excuse why I can’t. The system has never worked and they keep telling me I renewed my contract. So therefore they are robbing me. No one should force you to pay for something for 4 years you don’t want. That doesn’t work. Do not use them.

Original review: May 29, 2018

I ordered my LifeShield Security System a few months back and I am extremely happy with my purchase. I use my system to monitor my horses through my mobile app. I also travel a lot so I able to monitor that my animals are being cared for on a daily basis. The app was extremely easy to download and use. Wow there is no extra charge for using the app. The customer service has been outstanding the sales agent and the technical support representative were both informative and well educated on the system. This system has put my mind at ease when it is necessary for me to be away from my home.

Hi Norman,

Thanks so much for your feedback! LifeShield is great for being able to watch over pets at home, large and small.

We value our customers and appreciate the time you took to share your experience.

Customer Reviews Manager, LifeShield

Original review: April 5, 2018

Do not get an alarm system with them! They locked me into 3 year contract through DirecTV - worst decision ever. The equipment is broken and they won’t let me out of my contract without holding my account information hostage. They won’t provide me with a checklist of return items until I pay money. DirecTV signed me up with a company with which they parted ways. This is very unethical and disappointing.

LifeShield Security response

Hi Ebony, We do not see your name or account information anywhere in our system. We would like to try and sort this issue for you, but would need the correct contact info on the account to help.

I am going to send you a private message with a contact phone number for someone on our escalation team. Please do call, because we would love to satisfy this complaint.

Alex G

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

I have been in a contract with Lifeshield for almost three years. Actually in less than 4 weeks my contract will be up. I was not planning on continuing my service as I do not use it. I have not problem with paying for the last month my equipment is no longer working. When I asked for a credit the customer service girl said they do not offer credits. I asked to speak to a manager as I did not want to waste time calling back to deal with technical support and then customer service to get new equipment set up just to cancel it all in less than a month. The very rude Customer Service manager would not even get on the phone with until after the third or fourth time of me asking. He then only told me there was nothing he could do that my only option was to talk to technical support before he could do anything. I finally wasted my time and spoke with them only for them to tell me I had outdated equipment and it would need to be replaced.

Knowing that I was going to cancel it seemed like a waste of time and money to replace equipment. So I called customer service again. They transferred me to someone and dropped my call. I again called back and went through all the automated prompting only to have the girl tell me she could not do anything. After having to ask for the manager again I was transferred. Cedrick was still a disappointment in his ability to help me out. So now I have to waste time and get new equipment and waste my time calling back to get it set up only to take it back down and ship it back in less than four weeks. The only thing I was asking for was simply a $30 credit to my last bill and he could not even do that. Sad that this company runs such a terrible customer service department. Would not recommend to anyone. If I could give less than a full star I would.

Hi David,

As an online reviews manager, I look to ensure that negative reviews are addressed and closed out. I am glad to know, after looking into this, that we spoke with you back in January, and canceled your account as requested, and credited your account.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

This LifeShield review will touch on the highlights of my experience with them. It started off easy enough with a full free install. Within 2 months the camera stopped working and the sensors were disconnecting off and on throughout the day. I called and they said maybe the batteries were going bad. Even though they were all new and recently installed, I replaced them all anyway. They did send a new camera to replace the old one and it did the same thing the older one did, I could never get a consistent week of service without the camera failing. After a week the sensors on the entryways started failing again, and some fell off where they were attached, so I got some double sided tape and stuck them back up. Just to have them disconnect after a week from the system.

This went on for years, and since I was under contract I had to bite the bullet. I sold my home and I called them to see if I needed to take the equipment or leave it for the new owner, I was instructed by the agent that if the new owners would connect the service then I could leave it for them so I did. Come to find out this is not the case, I would have to take it with me or pay $350 fee for it. I found this out after two months of Lifeshield still charging my CC for my monthly charge even though the account was supposed to have been cancelled. Many phone calls later, I requested a manager or supervisor to call me back and it never happened. The agents were not helpful at all and kept regurgitating the same canned script they couldn't do anything and that I had to pay. Even though it was an error from their miscommunication that had me leave the equipment.

Eventually I got the equipment back from the new owner of my old home and called them back and see if they could adjust the account since it was their error and they flat out refused. So I had to pay the early cancellation fee and I am still out the money from the monthly services they charged my CC. Please read this entire review, I strongly urge you NOT to get this service. There are much better options available out there. Thank you for your time.

Hi Aaron,

As an online reviews manager, I look to ensure negative reviews are addressed. I am glad to know we reduced your rate, canceled your service and provided your refund back in January.

Customer Reviews Manager, LifeShield

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

Once the system was installed, the company went silent. I accidentally set off my alarm a couple of time and never once did I receive a call. The system is constantly offline and the couple time they fixed an issue did not help one bit so I decided to wait it out and use the iPad as clock and weather clock. As the end of contract period approached I called to tell them I will not be renewing. I called 2 other times after that and ended up hanging up on the rude woman who refused to put a supervisor on the line. I also requested for them to stop taking money from my account because the system is not working and I cancelled the service. They wanted to collect a lump sum payment which I refused since I believe I have the right to terminate a contract if it is not working for me.

She pretty much told me I have no right to terminate. Only they do and that is not right. Since the hurricane the iPad got damaged and the system stop working completely so I disconnected it and called to find out where I can return it. The rude woman flatly told she is not giving me that information so I told her to stop taking money from my account. That did not happen so now each month they are stealing money from my account and I am collecting all my information to turn over to my attorney for assistance. They do not email or mail a copy of statement. They just take money from my account, something I did not want to do but they insist it is the only way to make payment.

LifeShield Security expert review by Erin Raub

Choose from 3 packages for $29.99-$49.99 a month. This do-it-yourself or professionally installed security comes with a lifetime warranty on 36-60 month contracts, with free cancellation for U.S. armed forces or reserve members.

• Free equipment: Choose your monthly package, and your equipment is free. LifeShield's free security evaluation will help you determine which package and what equipment is right for your home.

• Triple security: LifeShield allows you to choose monitoring via phone line, Internet, or cell service – or a combination of all three. Even if your Internet goes down or your phone line is cut, your system still works.

• 100% wireless: LifeShield's wireless systems are plug-and-protect – easy to install in less than an hour, even without a professional.

• Self-install: LifeShield does not offer professional installation of any kind, although a Quick Setup Guide and installation DVD are included with your kit.

• Equipment: LifeShield's equipment offerings are constrained. For example, the company does not offer recessed door sensors, intercom systems or home automation.

Profile picture of Erin Raub
Erin Raub

Alarm & Security Systems Contributing Editor

Erin Raub is a freelance writer, content marketer and blogger. She writes about home security and family safety, as well as digital marketing and business. Erin is also an experienced travel writer, and knows having a trustworthy security system can make any time away from home even more enjoyable.

LifeShield Security Company Information

PA
19047
www.lifeshield.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business