4.54/5
Based on 3,075 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

LifeShield Home Security is considered by some as the "Pioneer" of wireless home security by creating the first all-digital wireless home security system. First created to solve the problem of traditional hard-wired security systems that were defeatable - LifeShield created a virtually undefeatable system. LifeShield is a security company and not a dealer. You buy direct from LifeShield and save up to 40% per month on your home security with one of the safest security systems and one of the fastest responses. LifeShield offers affordable home security kits and WOW Customer Service. Protect your home and family today with LifeShield!

Read More Read More
Last updated: April 5, 2018

3075 LifeShield Security Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 5, 2018

Do not get an alarm system with them! They locked me into 3 year contract through DirecTV - worst decision ever. The equipment is broken and they won’t let me out of my contract without holding my account information hostage. They won’t provide me with a checklist of return items until I pay money. DirecTV signed me up with a company with which they parted ways. This is very unethical and disappointing.

Get expert buying tips about Home Alarm & Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

I have been in a contract with Lifeshield for almost three years. Actually in less than 4 weeks my contract will be up. I was not planning on continuing my service as I do not use it. I have not problem with paying for the last month my equipment is no longer working. When I asked for a credit the customer service girl said they do not offer credits. I asked to speak to a manager as I did not want to waste time calling back to deal with technical support and then customer service to get new equipment set up just to cancel it all in less than a month. The very rude Customer Service manager would not even get on the phone with until after the third or fourth time of me asking. He then only told me there was nothing he could do that my only option was to talk to technical support before he could do anything. I finally wasted my time and spoke with them only for them to tell me I had outdated equipment and it would need to be replaced.

Knowing that I was going to cancel it seemed like a waste of time and money to replace equipment. So I called customer service again. They transferred me to someone and dropped my call. I again called back and went through all the automated prompting only to have the girl tell me she could not do anything. After having to ask for the manager again I was transferred. Cedrick was still a disappointment in his ability to help me out. So now I have to waste time and get new equipment and waste my time calling back to get it set up only to take it back down and ship it back in less than four weeks. The only thing I was asking for was simply a $30 credit to my last bill and he could not even do that. Sad that this company runs such a terrible customer service department. Would not recommend to anyone. If I could give less than a full star I would.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

This LifeShield review will touch on the highlights of my experience with them. It started off easy enough with a full free install. Within 2 months the camera stopped working and the sensors were disconnecting off and on throughout the day. I called and they said maybe the batteries were going bad. Even though they were all new and recently installed, I replaced them all anyway. They did send a new camera to replace the old one and it did the same thing the older one did, I could never get a consistent week of service without the camera failing. After a week the sensors on the entryways started failing again, and some fell off where they were attached, so I got some double sided tape and stuck them back up. Just to have them disconnect after a week from the system.

This went on for years, and since I was under contract I had to bite the bullet. I sold my home and I called them to see if I needed to take the equipment or leave it for the new owner, I was instructed by the agent that if the new owners would connect the service then I could leave it for them so I did. Come to find out this is not the case, I would have to take it with me or pay $350 fee for it. I found this out after two months of Lifeshield still charging my CC for my monthly charge even though the account was supposed to have been cancelled. Many phone calls later, I requested a manager or supervisor to call me back and it never happened. The agents were not helpful at all and kept regurgitating the same canned script they couldn't do anything and that I had to pay. Even though it was an error from their miscommunication that had me leave the equipment.

Eventually I got the equipment back from the new owner of my old home and called them back and see if they could adjust the account since it was their error and they flat out refused. So I had to pay the early cancellation fee and I am still out the money from the monthly services they charged my CC. Please read this entire review, I strongly urge you NOT to get this service. There are much better options available out there. Thank you for your time.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

Once the system was installed, the company went silent. I accidentally set off my alarm a couple of time and never once did I receive a call. The system is constantly offline and the couple time they fixed an issue did not help one bit so I decided to wait it out and use the iPad as clock and weather clock. As the end of contract period approached I called to tell them I will not be renewing. I called 2 other times after that and ended up hanging up on the rude woman who refused to put a supervisor on the line. I also requested for them to stop taking money from my account because the system is not working and I cancelled the service. They wanted to collect a lump sum payment which I refused since I believe I have the right to terminate a contract if it is not working for me.

She pretty much told me I have no right to terminate. Only they do and that is not right. Since the hurricane the iPad got damaged and the system stop working completely so I disconnected it and called to find out where I can return it. The rude woman flatly told she is not giving me that information so I told her to stop taking money from my account. That did not happen so now each month they are stealing money from my account and I am collecting all my information to turn over to my attorney for assistance. They do not email or mail a copy of statement. They just take money from my account, something I did not want to do but they insist it is the only way to make payment.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2017

This company is the worst. I've had a non-existent alarm from day 1. I have a lot of technical issues and they won't come out and deal with it. They want to just troubleshoot over the phone. This is by far the worst decision I made ever. Buyer's beware!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LifeShield Security?

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

I am using Lifeshield from past 4 years and somehow didn't use the system much. Very highly complicated to install, parts and window sensor does NOT work, they fall all the times, very bad security system. I am requesting them to cancel it from past few years and they said I have 63 months agreement and need to pay for next 5 years. Wow, they are crazy. I installed the security system in 2013. You cannot remove your credit card from their profile as well. VERY BAD SERVICE, PLEASE DO NOT USE LIFESHIELD.

Original review: July 23, 2017

The system never worked properly - they sent hundreds and almost continuous automated e-mails of disconnect and reconnect over the span of months. After never getting the sensors to work, we finally gave up on the system and it was offline. They continued to charge my credit card $42 per month. I would think out of good customer service they would stop auto-billing and cancel the service with no charge. Instead they charged me $90 to cancel service "per the contract" - after billings of over $500 for NO SERVICE. It's extremely disappointing when a business fails to care about their service and reputation. I will certainly WARN against DirecTV's "Life Shield" scam. Money first, customers last.

Original review: June 22, 2017

I had this service and equipment for 2 years. From the start, the keypad did not always work. I consistently needed to reset the keypad about once per month. The motion sensor did not work properly with ANY pet in the house. So I had to remove it from the system. Recently, I moved out of state and called to have the service cancelled. They told me that MUST pay the early termination fee, because I had signed the agreement. This, in my opinion, is completely unfair! When I signed the agreement, I did not foresee that I would be relocating to a place where I could not take the system with me. If you are looking for a home security system that doesn't work and you would like to flush money down the toilet, call LifeShield. They will be happy to take your money and give you junk!

Original review: May 15, 2017

I've had LifeShield for over 3 years and decided to cancel in order to consolidate my services. I called them a week ago to let them know I would cancel and they said it was fine to call back once everything was finalized. When I called them on the weekend they said I had an automatic contract renewal. I told them that the previous agent never said anything about the automatic renewal and they said she didn't work in the cancellation dept. How would I have known that?! They apologized but I still had to pay the fees. I would never refer anyone to them or sign up again.

Original review: April 25, 2017

Lifeshield forced me to sign up for a 3 year contract in order to receive their products. I have called numerous times about products that do not work and about canceling our services. They are always extremely rude and unhelpful and refuse to do anything about the service. They refuse to end my contract so now I am stuck paying money every month for a service that doesn't work. DO NOT USE THEM! This is a scam and a waste of money.

Original review: April 14, 2017

After having this failing system for over a year and continuously dealing with the incompetent customer service representatives, we weren't disappointed when our new landlords of our new home said the system couldn't move with us. Our new home was already wired with an ADT system and they didn't want another installed. Upon moving out and removing the system from our rental property, there were patches of drywall that ripped off with every window sensor removed, as well as with each door sensor. This was all caused by LifeShield's installers not us. Throughout our time with LifeShield we had sensors fall off of the walls triggering alarms, we had a kitchen fire that went unnoticed by their fire sensor - which was placed in the kitchen by their installer. We've had numerous system outages, false alarms while out of state, false alarms, calls from the local police and LifeShield always just had us reboot our system as a resolution.

So now fast forward, to us moving, receiving a $300 repair bill from our previous landlords due to the drywall repair throughout the home due to LifeShield, and now as we are trying to cancel the service I have been hung up on, told I would receive numerous calls back, and told about the early termination fees we would have to pay. I have explained that the entire system is sitting in a box waiting to be shipped back, that our landlord forbade us from installing it, and we're literally paying for it to sit in a box in our garage, but I still get the suggestion of being transferred to a technical support specialist? Why to set up the alarm within the cardboard box?

I want to send this junk back and wipe my hands clean of LifeShield but they refuse, and hang up on me, and never return calls. So at this point, $500 poorer from LifeShield and the repairs they've cost us, we're stuck & being scammed. At this point I would rather leave my home "unprotected" with our German Shepherds and guns than to have this unreliable digital crap stuck all over the place.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2016

I've tried to contact LifeShield several times, once with problems with equipment, another with accessing online account and again (after one successful phone call) I tried to call back about questions regarding making arrangements to pay past due balance. It seems very difficult to get anyone to communicate with me either by telephone or online. This is my final attempt and Monday I will return the equipment but I plan to send past emails to your corporate office to show some of my failed attempts to contact LifeShield to argue contract obligations. As I've stated in the past, if this is how you communicate when there are technical issues, I don't trust your ability to respond to emergencies!

Original review: Aug. 10, 2016

I made the unfortunate decision of switching from ADT to LifeShield Security last year. My only reason was going with them was to bundle my bill with DirecTV. I have experienced great satisfaction with DirecTV, so I was thinking I would receive the same great service with the security company. However, LifeShield and DirecTV are polar opposites. I have had to contact technical support 12 times for issues with my service within the past year.

While the technical support representative have always been very helpful, I do not like the fact that I have had so many issues with the monitoring system that I have had to reach out to them so many times. Prior to my move to LifeShield, I had ADT for two years...and I never had any interruption in service or had to reach out to their tech support team. My last nightmare with LifeShield was just last week! I can't get out of this contract fast enough. The only way I would even consider keeping them is if they offered to give me a live police officer to safe guard my home 24 hours. Stay away...don't make the same decision I did.

Original review: July 29, 2016

I recently moved after a death in my family. I was unable to get a strong internet connection for my service, so I ended my contract. When I had LifeShield, I LOVED it!!! I felt safe and secure. The system is user-friendly and I will recommend it going forward.

Original review: July 21, 2016

Your Tech rep helped me to get my system working again when I had a change in my internet password and could not get it to work correctly. She was extremely helpful.

Original review: July 20, 2016

The tech help me with the issue. He walk me through the steps and the problem was solved. Thank him for me. I forgot his name. Thanks.

Original review: July 18, 2016

Pad not working. All was Aces!!

Original review: July 18, 2016

I had trouble with my camera. The tech support person got it going again. Thanks!

Original review: July 18, 2016

Thanks for all for your support. The support team was very helpful.

Original review: July 18, 2016

Your customer service person helped me reset my password.

Original review: July 17, 2016

I have been one of the very early customers of LifeShield. I was the first customer in Walnut, California, as I was the one who called the Walnut Police Station to introduce LifeShield company to them in order to set up the monitoring process. The very first day, when I signed up with LifeShield, my decision was made that day mainly due to the courteous nature of the gentleman in the customer service, who signed me up with the service.

Since then, I have been treated with patience and understanding by the LifeShield customer service, whenever I called them for support. Lately, I added an outside camera to my system and they were wonderful in helping me in the installation. My sincere thanks to all the hard working, dedicated and courteous people who work at LifeShield for the creation of a great company. I wish you long life LifeShield!

Original review: July 17, 2016

I noticed on Friday July 15, 2016 that my control panel screen was completely blank, but the alarm system was activated. I called customer service to figure out how to disarm the system since my battery was not working and was told to go online to the website and log in from there. I am disappointed that you all do not carry the battery that I need in stock. It makes using my system very aggravating, and nowhere can it be found.

Updated on 07/22/2016: Console was not registering due to a low battery. Finally received a new battery and console. Spoke to Jasmine in tech support who was extremely helpful and patient. She waited on the phone while I was getting things together. She was very helpful and knowledgeable about the product and what I would need in the future. Kudos to Jasmine!!!

Original review: July 16, 2016

I was given assistance with finding my password.

Original review: July 15, 2016

I purchased my system 2 years ago and the cellular option was never available. I went to buy the add-on many times to find it out of stock. Recently our neighbor across the street was robbed and I needed to get the cellular because my internet cables are exposed on the side of the house and can be cut very easily or just disconnected by any thief in any case. It took me a while to finally get the upgrade approved and now my mind will be at ease once it is installed that my wife will be protected and not walk into a burglary in progress. I am hoping thieves will run from a house protected like this knowing police will be on scene in minutes.

THANK YOU for approving my upgrade. It at the least shows someone listened and cares about the customer's situation. Clay was very courteous and helpful and Beule did not hold his end of the deal up and call me back last Monday the 11th as promised. Not happy that I had to call back to get told at first that you would not upgrade my system. :( All worked out. THANK YOU AGAIN...

Original review: July 14, 2016

Red light on monitor connection. Reported and rep told me what problem was. Very Satisfied.

Original review: July 13, 2016

I don't have any issues with tech support. I'm not happy with your CAMERA. It's been a week since it has not work - meaning it does not send notifications when door opens.

Original review: July 13, 2016

We call to request help. The service was excellent. The person was very professional. Very helpful. Kudos for him.

Original review: July 13, 2016

I had received an email telling me I'd receive an upgrade of equipment. I received two. David helped me to make a change in my equipment and sent me a label so that I could return all the excess equipment. He was courteous and helpful.

Original review: July 12, 2016

Talked me through reinstalling indoor cameras and troubleshooting tablet. Very nice and friendly. Very helpful.

Original review: July 12, 2016

My experience was good. Both folks I spoke with regarding this issue were fine... My only concern is that the first person gave me a ticket # to call back on and the second person didn't even seemed like that would help anything. Tickets are there for a reason. To track problems...

LifeShield Security expert review by Erin Raub

LifeShield security systems was founded in 2004 and has quickly grown to offer services throughout United States. The company is proud to offer cutting-edge technology and knowledgeable tech support, and it works to provide a high-quality product at a lower cost than its big-brand competitors.

• Free equipment: Choose your monthly package, and your equipment is free. LifeShield's free security evaluation will help you determine which package and what equipment is right for your home.

• Triple security: LifeShield allows you to choose monitoring via phone line, Internet, or cell service – or a combination of all three. Even if your Internet goes down or your phone line is cut, your system still works.

• 100% wireless: LifeShield's wireless systems are plug-and-protect – easy to install in less than an hour, even without a professional.

• Self-install: LifeShield does not offer professional installation of any kind, although a Quick Setup Guide and installation DVD are included with your kit.

• Equipment: LifeShield's equipment offerings are constrained. For example, the company does not offer recessed door sensors, intercom systems or home automation.

• Best for: Homeowners, renters, DIYers and tech-savvy shoppers.

Profile picture of Erin Raub
Erin Raub

Alarm & Security Systems Contributing Editor

Erin Raub is a freelance writer, content marketer and blogger. She writes about home security and family safety, as well as digital marketing and business. Erin is also an experienced travel writer, and knows having a trustworthy security system can make any time away from home even more enjoyable.

LifeShield Security Company Information