4.52/5
Based on 3,111 ratings

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

LifeShield Home Security is considered by some as the "Pioneer" of wireless home security by creating the first all-digital wireless home security system. First created to solve the problem of traditional hard-wired security systems that were defeatable - LifeShield created a virtually undefeatable system. LifeShield is a security company and not a dealer. You buy direct from LifeShield and save up to 40% per month on your home security with one of the safest security systems and one of the fastest responses. LifeShield offers affordable home security kits and WOW Customer Service. Protect your home and family today with LifeShield!

Top LifeShield Security Reviews

06/14/2018

Whenever I must call LifeShield, I always get the most pleasant and helpful technicians. I am not very computer savvy so the situation is always explained in terms that I understand and that enable me to correct the problem. I am enjoying my partnership with LifeShield.

08/09/2018

We are very happy with our system. Once we had the whole system installed it worked like a charm. We set the system up as we would want it and not as some companies do. It does everything we want. Customer Service was wonderful. We look forward to using it for years to come.

What is LifeShield?

LifeShield is an ADT provider, so they sell, install and professionally monitor ADT equipment. Every system comes with a 30-day money back guarantee, allowing you to try LifeShield with limited risk. You can set up LifeShield yourself or have a professional do the job. However, LifeShield does require a credit check.

LifeShield uses redundant connectivity, so a backup connection is always available. The four lines of connection are Wi-Fi, cell, text and landlines. LifeShield also uses Smash and Crash technology, so if a thief smashes in the keypad on the LifeShield Base, the base will stay connected and keep working to alert the right people. The LifeShield app adds a lot of functionality; including, arming and disarming the system, streaming security video, and custom alerts.

LifeShield prices

There are three LifeShield home security plans. The Essentials is the most basic and affordable plan. The Security Professional plan has a higher cost, but a greater level of technology and additional features. The Advantage plan is a compromise between the two.

LifeShield has offered specials on pricing in the past. For example, they have given a year of free monitoring or sale prices as low as $20 a month for the Security Essentials plan, so it’s worth asking a representative if they have any deals available to help lower the LifeShield cost.

PlanMonthly costEquipment cost
Security Essentials$29.99/mo$299.99
Security Advantage$39.99/mo$399.99
Security Professional$49.99/mo$499.99

LifeShield Plans

You have a choice between a 3-year contract or pay month-to-month. The month-to-month option costs more but allows for more flexibility. The 3-year contract is a good deal, especially if you are planning to need a security system for a prolonged amount of time.

The Security Essentials plan is LifeShield’s base package. It’s best for those with homes of 950 to 1500 square feet. The package includes:

• Motion sensor
  • 2 door and window sensors
  • Fire safety sensor

The Security Advantage plan is best for homes 1,500 to 2,000 square feet. It’s the most basic package to come with a LifeShield camera. The package comes with:

• Indoor security camera
  • Motion sensor
  • 4 door and window sensors
  • Fire safety sensor

The Security Professional package has the most equipment of all the plans. It works well for homes larger than 2,000 square feet. The package has:

• 2 indoor security cameras
  • 2 motion sensors
  • 8 door and window sensors
  • Glass break sensor

LifeShield equipment

You can customize your security system by purchasing additional equipment from LifeShield. One unique feature from LifeShield is Z-wave radio that allows you to integrate other equipment like thermostats, garage door openers, or sirens with your LifeShield security system. Check out the prices for various LifeShield products below:

• Door or window sensor: $14.99
  • Motion sensor: $24.99
  • Flood or freeze sensor: $70

Do we recommend LifeShield?

We recommend LifeShield. We love that you can choose between a month-to-month plan or a long-term LifeShield contract. Some of their equipment like the flood and freeze sensors are pricey; but, other hardware like door sensors, window sensors and motion sensors are a bargain. Their base plan is affordable, and their Security Professional plan offers comprehensive security without breaking the bank.

3111 LifeShield Security Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 30, 2019

This company has been bad news from the beginning. Getting the system took a month, then there were nothing but equipment errors. I finally disconnected informing them that I no longer wanted their services. They refused to give an address to return their equipment. Finally, I sent it back at my own expense but they still act like they are providing me services.

Get expert buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 18, 2019

Cancelling and returning my system. Tech support can’t tell me why my cameras won’t work even though I am following setup to a tee and got with Spectrum (my internet provider) to ensure all needed ports were open and my IP Address was static and not dynamic. The camera still says it’s “shipping” and won’t connect to my internet. I’ve spent 3 hours on the phone with support so far rebooting the base, my router, and the camera over and over and over and over in all different orders and STILL the system won’t work.

I asked them to send out a tech to look at the problem since they can’t seem to help me via phone and said they would gladly send a tech for $200 charge to me! No thank you! I will just return your system that doesn’t work. Also keep in mind that I am very tech savvy, so it’s not like I don’t know what I’m doing. Also the door sensor stopped working properly after only one day in use. You get what you pay for and with this company what you get is nothing. So I will pay nothing.

Original review: July 5, 2019

I purchased a system from LifeShield because of the no contract/cancel anytime ability that they advertise. After calls with customer service I found that this is not the case. I cannot cancel without sending my equipment back because they "do not offer self monitoring." Someone is almost always home and awake in my household so I wanted to cancel the monitoring because the system isn't being used at all anyways.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

My husband was laid off in July. We had to look at our bills and see how we could make some cuts. We discontinued service with LifeShield. The person we talked to was very nice and confirmed the cancellation, they would stop charging our card and send a box and shipping label to return the unit (as soon as service was discontinued the battery on the keypad exploded). We waited for the label/box... Never came... Come December what we did get was a charge to our credit card for $485.00. This charge was devastating to us... How can you not see your records and know that a label/box was never provided and charge a credit card 5 months later. Seems like a scam. We contacted the company, they provided a label (no box). We returned the equipment, but no refund. What is going on with this company. I want to resolve this issue with Lifeshield.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

LifeShield was recommended by my Fiance's sister so we went ahead and ordered the system. Our house is fairly large so after the initial install many of the sensors weren’t reading. We also had significant issues with the window sensors not matching up. We ordered a wifi extender which we assumed would fix the sensor issue. After spending $400, we were told that you had to use a LifeShield repeater. They sent the repeater, which fixed some of the sensors but not all of them. Then we were told they had to send spacers to make the window sensors work. Keep in mind all of this has taken about 30 days (apparently there is only a 30 day trial period). Just this week with the cold temperatures the sensors started falling off of the windows and doors.

We had two false burglar alarms and now have a bill from the local police because the sticky tape is faulty. I reached out to LifeShield to give them the benefit of the doubt...send a tech to fix things...or cancel my account. They proceeded to tell me I am out of my 30 day window (which FYI was their fault) and I would have to pay a cancellation charge. I was also told during the purchase that they could send someone to assist if I need it. This is the biggest scam of a company ever. Never do business with them again, it’s a total fraud.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LifeShield Security?

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

I've noticed that there are some other people experienced the same thing as I did. I've been their customer since 2013 but I've decided to cancel the system as they are expensive compared to some other options. I decided to use self monitoring system and I called them to cancel. Despite that fact I was told earlier that I called them earlier and been told I could cancel anytime I want without being charged, I was told that they would charge me an early termination fee because my contract automatically renews for 12 months. This as I can see from other reviewers is very deceiving.

They offered to lower the monthly fee which would in total cheaper than paying the early termination fee. However, they didn't cancel my contract saying that I had to call back again after 6 months to cancel... As a result, I ended up paying again extra for server I have not been being almost a year... The whole interaction was extremely frustrating. Since there are so many cheaper and better options, I certainly don't recommend to use their system. They should have informed me about those terms when the contract is auto renewing. I would stay away from them.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2018

5 years ago in 2013 I signed in a contract for 5 years and I was never told that the contract will auto renew automatically, I called LifeShield couple of weeks ago to ask for the date when my contract will expire. I was told that my contract expired on October and it autorenew for one year, this is ridiculous and why not trying to contact the customer via email or phone call to let them know about the contract is expiring and give the customer the choice to renew or opt out specifically after 5 years contract. I asked them to cancel my service and I was told I have to pay a early cancellation fee $390. This is unacceptable. I will never do business with LifeShield and I never will recommend this company. LifeShield is a rip off. They don't value the customers.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

I've been a LifeShield customer for over five years, and have made every monthly payment on time. I called to check on my contract and I am told that even though I was told upon signing the original agreement that I could cancel after the five years was up, that I am now obligated to be with them for an additional year because I did not inform them before the five year contract ended! At $40/month, that's $480 for the year they are trying to force me into.

I have never had a company try to strong-arm someone to stay beyond the original contract. And though I've dealt with horrible companies before, this ranks as my absolute worst experience. Going to get word out everywhere I can, local newspaper, online reviews, etc., and contact my credit card company, and maybe even a lawyer to see if there's anything I can do.

LifeShield Security response

Hi Joshua,

I am so glad to know that Jatin was able to get in touch with you to help sort your issue and that you remain a LifeShield customer today!

Our customers are extremely important to us and we value your feedback. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us again if you need anything.

Sincerely,
Alex

Customer Reviews Manager, LifeShield

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

I tried to discontinue service at the end of my contract. They had my credit card for monthly payments. I talked with a supervisor who said they would stop charging my card and send me a box and shipping label to return the unit. They did none of those things. I contacted my credit card company to dispute the charges. They finally sent me a shipping label when I contacted them again. I have never encountered a company that will not discontinue service and that lied to me so that they can keep charging my credit card. We wanted to discontinue service due to the company's poor response to false alarms. We could not turn off the alarm when the alarm went off when something burned in the oven. It was the weekend, so the person on the phone said we had to call back during weekday working hours. We had to disconnect the alarm and put it in our car until the battery ran out - that was many hours.

LifeShield Security response

Hi Randy,

We reviewed the account and see this was an error on our part. Someone from our escalation team is going to reach out to you personally to apologize. We did see you were already refunded for the October payment that you was billed in error.

We are very sorry for the error. Thank you for being a valued customer of LifeShield.

Sincerely,
Alex

Customer Reviews Manager, LifeShield

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

I've contacted LifeShield explaining that I am moving and cannot take the system to my new complex. The lady became nasty staying I signed a 3 year contract and would have to pay an early termination of contract fee. I do not agree, under the circumstances I must pay for something I cannot use. I'm offering to send the equipment back, and I've never paid late. This woman states once I pay the early termination fee they will send for the equipment. No ma'am I'm not paying for services and then send stuff back. I asked to remove my card off file she says she can't do that. Um yes you can and yes you will. This company has horrible customer service, and the cameras are trash. Why would I take a system with me to a complex where you have to be buzzed in and show id.

LifeShield Security Company Information