4.54/5
  • 1 star
Based on 3,071 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution
Need a home alarm?
We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

LifeShield Security

LifeShield Home Security is considered by some as the "Pioneer" of wireless home security by creating the first all-digital wireless home security system. First created to solve the problem of traditional hard-wired security systems that were defeatable - LifeShield created a virtually undefeatable system. LifeShield is a security company and not a dealer. You buy direct from LifeShield and save up to 40% per month on your home security with one of the safest security systems and one of the fastest responses. LifeShield offers affordable home security kits and WOW Customer Service. Protect your home and family today with LifeShield!

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Aug. 29, 2017

3071 LifeShield Security Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Aug. 29, 2017

This company is the worst. I've had a non-existent alarm from day 1. I have a lot of technical issues and they won't come out and deal with it. They want to just troubleshoot over the phone. This is by far the worst decision I made ever. Buyer's beware!!!

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

I am using Lifeshield from past 4 years and somehow didn't use the system much. Very highly complicated to install, parts and window sensor does NOT work, they fall all the times, very bad security system. I am requesting them to cancel it from past few years and they said I have 63 months agreement and need to pay for next 5 years. Wow, they are crazy. I installed the security system in 2013. You cannot remove your credit card from their profile as well. VERY BAD SERVICE, PLEASE DO NOT USE LIFESHIELD.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: July 23, 2017

The system never worked properly - they sent hundreds and almost continuous automated e-mails of disconnect and reconnect over the span of months. After never getting the sensors to work, we finally gave up on the system and it was offline. They continued to charge my credit card $42 per month. I would think out of good customer service they would stop auto-billing and cancel the service with no charge. Instead they charged me $90 to cancel service "per the contract" - after billings of over $500 for NO SERVICE. It's extremely disappointing when a business fails to care about their service and reputation. I will certainly WARN against DirecTV's "Life Shield" scam. Money first, customers last.

Original review: June 22, 2017

I had this service and equipment for 2 years. From the start, the keypad did not always work. I consistently needed to reset the keypad about once per month. The motion sensor did not work properly with ANY pet in the house. So I had to remove it from the system. Recently, I moved out of state and called to have the service cancelled. They told me that MUST pay the early termination fee, because I had signed the agreement. This, in my opinion, is completely unfair! When I signed the agreement, I did not foresee that I would be relocating to a place where I could not take the system with me. If you are looking for a home security system that doesn't work and you would like to flush money down the toilet, call LifeShield. They will be happy to take your money and give you junk!

Original review: May 15, 2017

I've had LifeShield for over 3 years and decided to cancel in order to consolidate my services. I called them a week ago to let them know I would cancel and they said it was fine to call back once everything was finalized. When I called them on the weekend they said I had an automatic contract renewal. I told them that the previous agent never said anything about the automatic renewal and they said she didn't work in the cancellation dept. How would I have known that?! They apologized but I still had to pay the fees. I would never refer anyone to them or sign up again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LifeShield Security?

Original review: April 25, 2017

Lifeshield forced me to sign up for a 3 year contract in order to receive their products. I have called numerous times about products that do not work and about canceling our services. They are always extremely rude and unhelpful and refuse to do anything about the service. They refuse to end my contract so now I am stuck paying money every month for a service that doesn't work. DO NOT USE THEM! This is a scam and a waste of money.

Original review: April 14, 2017

After having this failing system for over a year and continuously dealing with the incompetent customer service representatives, we weren't disappointed when our new landlords of our new home said the system couldn't move with us. Our new home was already wired with an ADT system and they didn't want another installed. Upon moving out and removing the system from our rental property, there were patches of drywall that ripped off with every window sensor removed, as well as with each door sensor. This was all caused by LifeShield's installers not us. Throughout our time with LifeShield we had sensors fall off of the walls triggering alarms, we had a kitchen fire that went unnoticed by their fire sensor - which was placed in the kitchen by their installer. We've had numerous system outages, false alarms while out of state, false alarms, calls from the local police and LifeShield always just had us reboot our system as a resolution.

So now fast forward, to us moving, receiving a $300 repair bill from our previous landlords due to the drywall repair throughout the home due to LifeShield, and now as we are trying to cancel the service I have been hung up on, told I would receive numerous calls back, and told about the early termination fees we would have to pay. I have explained that the entire system is sitting in a box waiting to be shipped back, that our landlord forbade us from installing it, and we're literally paying for it to sit in a box in our garage, but I still get the suggestion of being transferred to a technical support specialist? Why to set up the alarm within the cardboard box?

I want to send this junk back and wipe my hands clean of LifeShield but they refuse, and hang up on me, and never return calls. So at this point, $500 poorer from LifeShield and the repairs they've cost us, we're stuck & being scammed. At this point I would rather leave my home "unprotected" with our German Shepherds and guns than to have this unreliable digital crap stuck all over the place.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2016

I've tried to contact LifeShield several times, once with problems with equipment, another with accessing online account and again (after one successful phone call) I tried to call back about questions regarding making arrangements to pay past due balance. It seems very difficult to get anyone to communicate with me either by telephone or online. This is my final attempt and Monday I will return the equipment but I plan to send past emails to your corporate office to show some of my failed attempts to contact LifeShield to argue contract obligations. As I've stated in the past, if this is how you communicate when there are technical issues, I don't trust your ability to respond to emergencies!

Original review: Aug. 10, 2016

I made the unfortunate decision of switching from ADT to LifeShield Security last year. My only reason was going with them was to bundle my bill with DirecTV. I have experienced great satisfaction with DirecTV, so I was thinking I would receive the same great service with the security company. However, LifeShield and DirecTV are polar opposites. I have had to contact technical support 12 times for issues with my service within the past year.

While the technical support representative have always been very helpful, I do not like the fact that I have had so many issues with the monitoring system that I have had to reach out to them so many times. Prior to my move to LifeShield, I had ADT for two years...and I never had any interruption in service or had to reach out to their tech support team. My last nightmare with LifeShield was just last week! I can't get out of this contract fast enough. The only way I would even consider keeping them is if they offered to give me a live police officer to safe guard my home 24 hours. Stay away...don't make the same decision I did.

Original review: July 29, 2016

I recently moved after a death in my family. I was unable to get a strong internet connection for my service, so I ended my contract. When I had LifeShield, I LOVED it!!! I felt safe and secure. The system is user-friendly and I will recommend it going forward.

Original review: July 21, 2016

Your Tech rep helped me to get my system working again when I had a change in my internet password and could not get it to work correctly. She was extremely helpful.

Original review: July 20, 2016

The tech help me with the issue. He walk me through the steps and the problem was solved. Thank him for me. I forgot his name. Thanks.

Original review: July 18, 2016

Pad not working. All was Aces!!

Original review: July 18, 2016

I had trouble with my camera. The tech support person got it going again. Thanks!

Original review: July 18, 2016

Thanks for all for your support. The support team was very helpful.

Original review: July 18, 2016

Your customer service person helped me reset my password.

Original review: July 17, 2016

I have been one of the very early customers of LifeShield. I was the first customer in Walnut, California, as I was the one who called the Walnut Police Station to introduce LifeShield company to them in order to set up the monitoring process. The very first day, when I signed up with LifeShield, my decision was made that day mainly due to the courteous nature of the gentleman in the customer service, who signed me up with the service.

Since then, I have been treated with patience and understanding by the LifeShield customer service, whenever I called them for support. Lately, I added an outside camera to my system and they were wonderful in helping me in the installation. My sincere thanks to all the hard working, dedicated and courteous people who work at LifeShield for the creation of a great company. I wish you long life LifeShield!

Original review: July 17, 2016

I noticed on Friday July 15, 2016 that my control panel screen was completely blank, but the alarm system was activated. I called customer service to figure out how to disarm the system since my battery was not working and was told to go online to the website and log in from there. I am disappointed that you all do not carry the battery that I need in stock. It makes using my system very aggravating, and nowhere can it be found.

Updated on 07/22/2016: Console was not registering due to a low battery. Finally received a new battery and console. Spoke to Jasmine in tech support who was extremely helpful and patient. She waited on the phone while I was getting things together. She was very helpful and knowledgeable about the product and what I would need in the future. Kudos to Jasmine!!!

Original review: July 16, 2016

I was given assistance with finding my password.

Original review: July 15, 2016

I purchased my system 2 years ago and the cellular option was never available. I went to buy the add-on many times to find it out of stock. Recently our neighbor across the street was robbed and I needed to get the cellular because my internet cables are exposed on the side of the house and can be cut very easily or just disconnected by any thief in any case. It took me a while to finally get the upgrade approved and now my mind will be at ease once it is installed that my wife will be protected and not walk into a burglary in progress. I am hoping thieves will run from a house protected like this knowing police will be on scene in minutes.

THANK YOU for approving my upgrade. It at the least shows someone listened and cares about the customer's situation. Clay was very courteous and helpful and Beule did not hold his end of the deal up and call me back last Monday the 11th as promised. Not happy that I had to call back to get told at first that you would not upgrade my system. :( All worked out. THANK YOU AGAIN...

Original review: July 14, 2016

Red light on monitor connection. Reported and rep told me what problem was. Very Satisfied.

Original review: July 13, 2016

I don't have any issues with tech support. I'm not happy with your CAMERA. It's been a week since it has not work - meaning it does not send notifications when door opens.

Original review: July 13, 2016

We call to request help. The service was excellent. The person was very professional. Very helpful. Kudos for him.

Original review: July 13, 2016

I had received an email telling me I'd receive an upgrade of equipment. I received two. David helped me to make a change in my equipment and sent me a label so that I could return all the excess equipment. He was courteous and helpful.

Original review: July 12, 2016

Talked me through reinstalling indoor cameras and troubleshooting tablet. Very nice and friendly. Very helpful.

Original review: July 12, 2016

My experience was good. Both folks I spoke with regarding this issue were fine... My only concern is that the first person gave me a ticket # to call back on and the second person didn't even seemed like that would help anything. Tickets are there for a reason. To track problems...

Original review: July 9, 2016

Changing of credit card # - Your service person "ROBERT" very unfriendly and not helpful.

Original review: July 7, 2016

Assistance in receiving account information - Lady was very knowledgeable and kind.

Original review: July 6, 2016

Customer Service was very helpful and patient.

Original review: July 6, 2016

Finding information about pass due notice. Found agent very friendly and helpful.

LifeShield Security Company Information