2. Homeowners
  3. Walk-In Showers

4.3/5 (136 ratings)

About Safe Step Walk-In Showers

Safe Step offers walk-in showers that are the same quality as its walk-in tubs. The Safe Step walk-in shower can fit within your existing shower or tub space and includes an adjustable, hand-held shower wand as well as an on-and-off button and several optional features. The company also employs installers to make your purchase more convenient.

Safe Step Walk-In Showers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Safe Step Walk-In Showers?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Safe Step Walk-In Showers?

Original review: April 29, 2021

The sales rep of Safe Step was excellent and seemed very informed about the product. The features of the shower are excellent. We have the glass doors and the shower spray handle that goes up and down. We're pretty pleased with it so far.

Original review: April 28, 2021

I decided to get the Safe Step shower back in the first of December because my wife was bedridden and needed a new shower. And Safe Step promised they’d have it within five to eight weeks. They didn't make the schedule, and they haven’t completed the installation. I got a very nice lady call me over a week ago. She offered a $1,500 discount for the inconvenience that is involved. And I agreed that once they finish the installation, to pay them their balance immediately, which would be 8,500. That was the last I heard of her.

Safe Step has a very good product. And what they've done so far is a good job, except incompletion of the job that's fitting all the rails and the shower curtain, and then caulking the empty spaces where the fixtures have been installed. We can partially use the shower. They broke through to the closet, and that has to be repaired too. And in the process, they broke the hasp on the outside door so we haven’t been able to lock the door since. All those have been listed in telephone to Angelica, who is the initial contractor. So everybody has the action, the action is sitting there waiting to happen.

Timeliness was the main feature, and another feature was putting everything within my wife's reach. They blew on those two so I wouldn't recommend it. I know Safe Step has a national reputation. I don’t want to destroy it. But for my own personal point of view, I wouldn't go with them again based on the timeliness of completion of the job. Time was of the essence in the condition of my wife, for which the shower was purchased.

Original review: April 27, 2021

The rep I worked with was very nice. The guys that were here for the installation weren't here very long. They did a nice job. The price was a little more than what I had anticipated but my bathroom looks fine. My cousin who uses it seems to like it.

Original review: April 26, 2021

The installation was fantastic. However, the salesman wasn't quite truthful about the product. I asked for certain things and he didn't put them in the contract. I explained it to the installer and he took care of it. The Safe Step walk-in shower works really fine for my wife.

Original review: April 26, 2021

I'm not quite happy with the way the shower is set up. The shower is the flex hose and I have to put it up high, which is my problem. I can't reach very high to put it there to use it as a shower, which I enjoy. Also, the guy explained that to get hot water, we gotta turn the handle to the right, which is the opposite of everything I've ever done. But that's another thing we just adapt to. I was rather disappointed that I was trying to save money and I chose the wrong package. But other than that, the installation was great. They were done a lot sooner than I had anticipated and it was clean. They did a tremendous job of putting it in.

Original review: April 25, 2021

The salesman of Safe Step pitched the product pretty well. We liked what he had to say. However, when the installers came, they did a terrible job. They brought the wrong pieces and brought damaged parts. They cut through two of my walls and said they repaired them but they didn't repair them yet. When they installed the drainpipe, they also broke my ceiling in my basement and it's not repaired correctly. It's not done yet.

This has been almost a two-month ordeal. Parts they say that they need are in but they haven't contacted us in over a month. So we have a shower we can't even use in our master bath. I wish we had never used them now. The salesman was good at first, but now he wouldn't respond back. The initial cost of this was 13,000. We paid in good faith, 5,000 and that's all they're gonna get. If they don't come back shortly, I'm just going to tell them not to come back. I'll get somebody else to put the other piece in and that's it. I'm done with them.

Original review: April 25, 2021

The sales rep from Safe Step was pleasant and nice. He told me about everything. He introduced the walk-in shower and showed me the catalog that comes with it, and I decided I would go for it. The final product is good. I can get in the shower now on my own although I still have to have my daughter in there with me because I’m still shaking. I'm not standing strong enough to be on my own yet. Safe Step did a very good job. The only thing about it is when I tried to get in to check it myself, the seat is too low when I sit down. Because of my knee, it's hard to get out of the chair so the reps are supposed to come back and bring the door. I ordered the door after I had ordered the shower stall, which is a shower curtain. But I didn't like the shower curtain. So the next day, I called and told them that I would rather have the door. But they haven't brought it yet.

Original review: April 24, 2021

The installers came and they installed our Safe Step walk-in shower within two days. I like everything about it. It's much easier to go have a shower now more than going in the tub. Because I could not get in the tub.

Original review: April 24, 2021

The sales person from Safe Step was very thorough and did a good job. The installation went very good but they didn’t notice that when they put in the walk-in shower, the water puddles in one of the back corners after you take a shower. It doesn’t drain out but that’s a minor problem. My wife is confined to a wheelchair and she can't get on a standard tub and get a bath. It’s so easy to put her in there. I like it for myself too.

Original review: April 23, 2021

The sales rep of Safe Step came over and he explained everything. Everything was good. It took us about a month to get a permit. But that was not their fault. However, when they finally put it in, it looked like they were putting leftovers from another job. The seat wouldn’t fit in and I couldn’t close the doors. But when I called them, they said they would take care of it. They sent the guy back. He ripped the whole thing out and he put the right one in. They took care of their mistakes, so I’m happy in the end. They really did a good job and the equipment they put in looks very nice.

Safe Step Walk-In Showers Company Information