2. Homeowners
Accredited Partner

Call Now Toll Free
Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.33/5

Safe Step offers walk-in showers that are the same quality as its walk-in tubs. The Safe Step walk-in shower can fit within your existing shower or tub space and includes an adjustable, hand-held shower wand as well as an on-and-off button and several optional features. The company also employs installers to make your purchase more convenient.

BOTTOM LINE

Safe Step’s walk-in showers have multiple customizable features. Some, like an anti-slip base, come standard. Others are optional. Estimates are available online along with free in-home consultations.

PROS

• Financing available
  • Lifetime warranty
  • Customizable
  • Professional installation

CONS

• No upfront pricing
  • Must supply contact info for a quote
Safe Step Walk-In Showers Call Now Toll Free (888) 514-3818 Learn More
Call Now Toll Free

About Safe Step walk-in showers

Safe Step’s low-entry walk-in showers offer freedom to people with limited mobility. The company designs them for safety and convenience, and you can sit or stand when using one. Every part of the shower unit comes with a lifetime warranty.

Safe Step’s installers ensure your installation is done quickly and accurately so you don’t have to worry about getting your walk-in shower installed yourself. Installations are often completed within one to two days.

Safe Step walk-in shower features

Safe Step’s walk-in showers include the following features:

• Barrier-free, anti-slip bases
  • Grab bars (round or L-shaped)
  • Hand-held shower wands
  • Optional safety seats
  • Showerheads
  • Corner shelf caddies
  • Optional sliding glass doors
  • Tile composite walls
  • Pressure valves
  • Temperature valves

Each Safe Step walk-in shower is customizable, which gives you the option to add what you need and take away what you don’t for your own personal satisfaction and safety.

How much is a Safe Step walk-in shower?

Safe Step walk-in shower prices start at around $4,000. However, the final cost after installation may be different depending on your scheduling, space and plumbing requirements.

The price of a shower unit plus installation is not listed on the Safe Step website, but that is not uncommon in the industry. You can enter your contact information on its website to receive a free estimate and sign up for an in-home consultation, though.

Safe Step offers tailored financing plans to qualifying individuals, and its Helping Hands Rebate offers up to a $1,500 discount for people with specific medical conditions. Military discounts are also available.

Safe Step walk-in shower FAQ

Does Safe Step offer a warranty?
Yes, Safe Step offers a lifetime warranty on its walk-in showers. This warranty includes parts, labor and any manufacturing defects.
Will Medicaid or Medicare cover my Safe Step purchase?
Medicare and Medicaid do not cover the cost of a walk-in shower at this time. However, you may want to reach out to your Medicaid or Medicare representative for more details.
How does the installation process work?
The installation process for a Safe Step walk-in shower usually takes one to two days. Its installers are trained and insured, and their work is 100% guaranteed.

Are Safe Step walk-in showers worth it?

While Safe Step’s prices are at the higher end of the market, it’s worth considering if you are looking for complete service. Its products are designed for individuals with limited mobility, and its customization options let you create a safer and more satisfactory bathing experience. You can also get a free estimate and in-home consultation before making a decision.

Safe Step Walk-In Showers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Safe Step Walk-In Showers?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Safe Step Walk-In Showers?

Original review: Sept. 29, 2020

I have some leg issues so I needed to have that short clearance to be able to step in and out of the tub without having to lift my leg too much. I was looking at walk-in tubs and unfortunately, the walk-in tubs did not provide enough leg room so that meant a shower was the next option. I went with Safe Step because I liked their price better than the other ones. I have to give the guys for the installation credit. They knew what they were doing and they we were even out here yesterday fixing one of the grab bars that loosened up slightly. It took them maybe 5 or 10 minutes at the most to fix it. I have no complaints about their ability to properly install it because I sat and watched them. So far, so good. The shower is what I expected.

Get buying tips about Walk-In Showers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2020

The salesman did a great job. The installation team came and did everything in one day, and it worked out great. We're very happy with it. It's a good thing for my husband. We got it so he can get in and out and able to sit down in the shower. It's been a blessing to us. But it's very expensive even though you get extra stuff in it and that's one thing I wasn't aware of.

Original review: March 5, 2020

I’m sort of crippled right now and I couldn’t get in the bathtub to take a bath. When I saw the ad I called to see what was going on, and I bought the Safe Step that day. Their installers did a good job. I had particularly liked that rain one that comes down over your head. However, I had just bought a bathroom grab bars all over the house and I had a long one just under the window in that shower all along the wall, and I told the installer, “I'd like to keep that one,” but he said he'll give me a new one. I said I’d like to keep it for my son but I haven’t seen it. Another thing is I thought we had a leak in it last week, but it was just the way we were closing the doors. Other than that, I really am happy with it. It was good money spent.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2020

After I built the house, I put down Luan and then I put tile down and that raised the floor up a little bit higher. When Safe Step took the old tub out, they didn't build up the floor, like with plywood, to make it even with the tile floor. And I wish they had done that. I asked how big is the lip that you step into and they said it would be three inches, but where the tub is not up to the height of the tile. It only gives me about an inch lip, where I'm supposed to step in and to keep the water from splashing back out. I had to be very particular about the shower curtain being in the right place and all that kinda stuff so it doesn’t get on the floor.

Also, the rain showerhead has a gooseneck to it that comes over. I wish that could’ve been a straight-out and not have that big hump in it. Other than those, there are no leaks and stuff and I'm satisfied with that part. Also, the installers were very friendly. They cleaned up their mess real good. There are a couple of little things I wish could’ve been done differently, but I didn't want to stand there, look over his shoulder, and boss him because I know that can be aggravating. And I realize that those guys tried to get in and out in a day’s time because they were booked to go some place else the next day. If they took the time to go on the loose or some lumber company and got the extra plywood to build the floor up, it would probably took a couple more hours.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2020

We first ordered the tub, but when it came and arrived, my wife couldn’t close the door on it while sitting in it. She has restricted mobility. So, we sent that back and took the shower situation so that we’d have the open shower and that was put in. The installers did a good job. The shower looks very nice and it keeps my wife happy.

Original review: May 10, 2020

The Safe Step installers took about a day and they were out of here. They did a good job. I like the shower. My favorite feature is the water falling on me.

Original review: March 10, 2020

Safe Step's installers did a great job and cleaned up behind them. With my new tub, I like that I'm able to sit down in it rather than stand up or sit in a stool in the shower. This is the best of the best. I love it.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2020

The sales representative was friendly but the installation, which took a day, was terrible. He was supposed to be there to supervise and to help me understand what was happening and he was way out of town. One installer was pretty decent but his helper wasn't a friendly type guy. I also don't like anything about the tub. I wanted a regular walk-in shower. My wife and caretaker thought that the walk-in tub would be best for me 'cause I've got Parkinson's disease. And so, she kind of hinted me in that direction and then, she stopped it. She said it was too small for the room. I told the man to go ahead and do it. I shouldn't have done that because he didn't help me. He kind of forced me into buying it. My wife does not like the tub either.

We're trying to get rid of it. We've called the people at Safe Step, telling them to come and get it out, and they wouldn't come and get it. They finally send a man over from Safe Step Tubs. He was gonna take this out and put in a regular shower. He's supposed to be doing that. Safe Step didn't do what they say they were gonna do and they didn't return their phone calls. I've even tried to call the president of that company and she said she'd have him call me back, but he never called me back either.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2020

Safe Step Walk in Tub/Shower misrepresents the services and products regarding shower installation. When purchased, salesman said Safe Step manufactures, installs, and maintains their product. They do NOT. An area plumber is subcontracted to install. When I informed Safe Step representative that having a random plumber install is not the same as Safe Step installing it I was told Safe Step pays the plumbing company to install the product and subcontracting is common in construction work. I then asked if the plumbing company’s only employment is installing their product and they don’t do any other work. Representative said she can’t say that.

If the subcontractor does other work then they do not have the same vested interest as a Safe Step employee. Not installing Safe Step products might cause some financial loss but not unemployment or loss of company benefits. The Safe Step company does not install their product! The standard installation package includes a rain shower head. We specifically told the salesman we don’t like those and want a regular shower head. We would not have purchased this or signed a contract if told it wasn’t provided. However, the salesman said no problem and wrote our request for a regular shower head in contract notes. Contract signed in October 2019. Work didn’t start until 12/4/2019.

Contractor tore out shower on 12/4, gutting half the bathroom. Work delayed 6 days while I had a separate plumber move a water pipe in the way of Safe Step install. Safe Step contractor arrived for second day of work. On arrival I asked he check to see if regular shower head had been included. It wasn’t. Contractor immediately walked off the job doing no other work. Construction stopped while plumbing company contacted Safe Step.

I was told by Safe Step representative they don’t have an option for a regular shower head. Safe Step approved contractor go to a local Lowes and buy a showerhead. Safe Step representative could not explain why salesperson would say regular shower head was available. Perhaps salesman wanted to make a $10,000.00 sale rather than lose it over a $30.00 item? Doesn’t anyone at the company review contracts? Why didn’t someone at the company contact me prior to any construction to say they don’t offer regular showerheads?

Salesman said Safe Step product has lifetime warranty. Received warranty on completion. The shower walls are just 3/8 inch thick sheets of acrylic material glued to drywall. Only the acrylic material and shower pan have a lifetime warranty to not split or crack. Warranty is voided unless the shower is cleaned monthly. Bet they use that excuse to void warranties. Prove it was cleaned every month. The built-in fold up chair, THE main component of the shower package, has only a 2 year warranty for defects. Installation, caulking, and “other shower components” also have only a 2 year defect warranty.

Salesman said work installation would be 2-4 days. Old shower was torn out on 12/4/2019, but new install was not completed until 12/29/2019. Contractor was there a total of 4 days. Delays caused by contractor failing to show up for 3 appointments. A different excuse used each time. Another delay caused because of earlier issue with shower head. Of the 4 days contractor was there, on 2 days he arrived almost 3 hours late. Safe Step also doesn't cover any work to finish area around the install. Expect to pay a couple hundred more on that!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

I like that the rep of Safe Step was low-key. I had salespeople from two other places, and one was very pushy, nervous and seemed really desperate. Other one was fantastic in terms of the presentation was very slick and nice and she had all of the correct information, but l like the low-key attitude. I was dreading the installation though. I thought it was gonna take a couple of days. I didn't know how they were gonna do it in a day, but they did. They were courteous and they couldn't have been nicer. The nicest feature of the Safe Step was the two kinds of showers. I like that you can go from one to the other or just stick with one. I also like the adjustable part, the one with a long hose. The showerhead itself has five different adjustments as well and I wasn't expecting that. I also feel safer with it because there's plenty of room. If my husband's aide needs help or he is struggling in any kind of way, she's right there. She can get in, get up, and it's easier.

Safe Step Walk-In Showers Company Information