2. Homeowners
  3. Walk-In Showers

Call Now Toll Free
Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.44/5

Safe Step offers walk-in showers that are the same quality as its walk-in tubs. The Safe Step walk-in shower can fit within your existing shower or tub space and includes an adjustable, hand-held shower wand as well as an on-and-off button and several optional features. The company also employs installers to make your purchase more convenient.

BOTTOM LINE

Safe Step’s walk-in showers have multiple customizable features. Some, like an anti-slip base, come standard. Others are optional. Estimates are available online along with free in-home consultations.

PROS
  • Financing available
  • Lifetime warranty
  • Customizable
  • Professional installation
CONS
  • No upfront pricing
  • Must supply contact info for a quote
Safe Step Walk-In Showers Call Now Toll Free (888) 514-3818 Learn More
Call Now Toll Free

About Safe Step walk-in showers

Safe Step’s low-entry walk-in showers offer freedom to people with limited mobility. The company designs them for safety and convenience, and you can sit or stand when using one. Every part of the shower unit comes with a lifetime warranty.

Safe Step’s installers ensure your installation is done quickly and accurately so you don’t have to worry about getting your walk-in shower installed yourself. Installations are often completed within one to two days.

Safe Step walk-in shower features

Safe Step’s walk-in showers include the following features:

• Barrier-free, anti-slip bases
  • Grab bars (round or L-shaped)
  • Hand-held shower wands
  • Optional safety seats
  • Showerheads
  • Corner shelf caddies
  • Optional sliding glass doors
  • Tile composite walls
  • Pressure valves
  • Temperature valves

Each Safe Step walk-in shower is customizable, which gives you the option to add what you need and take away what you don’t for your own personal satisfaction and safety.

How much is a Safe Step walk-in shower?

Safe Step walk-in shower prices start at around $4,000. However, the final cost after installation may be different depending on your scheduling, space and plumbing requirements.

The price of a shower unit plus installation is not listed on the Safe Step website, but that is not uncommon in the industry. You can enter your contact information on its website to receive a free estimate and sign up for an in-home consultation, though.

Safe Step offers tailored financing plans to qualifying individuals, and its Helping Hands Rebate offers up to a $1,500 discount for people with specific medical conditions. Military discounts are also available.

Safe Step walk-in shower FAQ

Does Safe Step offer a warranty?
Yes, Safe Step offers a lifetime warranty on its walk-in showers. This warranty includes parts, labor and any manufacturing defects.
Will Medicaid or Medicare cover my Safe Step purchase?
Medicare and Medicaid do not cover the cost of a walk-in shower at this time. However, you may want to reach out to your Medicaid or Medicare representative for more details.
How does the installation process work?
The installation process for a Safe Step walk-in shower usually takes one to two days. Its installers are trained and insured, and their work is 100% guaranteed.

Are Safe Step walk-in showers worth it?

While Safe Step’s prices are at the higher end of the market, it’s worth considering if you are looking for complete service. Its products are designed for individuals with limited mobility, and its customization options let you create a safer and more satisfactory bathing experience. You can also get a free estimate and in-home consultation before making a decision.

Safe Step Walk-In Showers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Safe Step Walk-In Showers?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Safe Step Walk-In Showers?

Original review: March 19, 2021

I had appointments with Safe Step and each time, come time for the appointment, they had no one in this area to come so it had to be cancelled. I cancelled three times before I finally got a tub in. The sales rep and I had a three-hour conversation. We enjoyed each other. He showed me book after book of the tub, the shower, and the different types of showers. He knew everything that he should have known. Then, he looked through the house, because he thought they were gonna have to go under the house or through the attic. He was quite knowledgeable.

On the installation day, there were two young men. They looked where they were going to have to take the tub out and if they would be able to get the tub out of the door. They were excellent young men. They wasted no time. Within three hours, they were finished and ready to go. Since the installation, it has made me wanna shower more often. My arthritis was getting worse and the heat does a lot for the pain.

Get buying tips about Walk-In Showers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 6, 2021

The gentleman who came here and sold us the Safe Step shower said, "Well, I'll be coming back to talk with you guys and see how it looks." He hadn't done that. On the other hand, my interaction with the installers was fine, even with my dog, and she's a pit bull. I trust a dog's judge of character more than I do my own some days. We let somebody in the house one time and our dog happened to be outside. She tried to come through the door to get in, and I asked him to leave. This time, my dog barked at the installers, and then that was the end. They just kept running in and out and doing what they needed to do.

We got a water saver shower and we know that this is just the way it is, but we don't like the amount of water flow. Still, the ability to get in the shower, feel like it's roomier and safer and the ability to get out of the shower is so much better than a regular tub, which is what we had prior to it. My favorite feature is removing the small head, putting it on the side of the tub and using it for a short person.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2021

I originally wanted the walk-in tub and the salesman talked me out of it because of my physical disabilities. He explained that if I had a health episode, it would take two people to try and get me out but they'd have to wait for the water to drain out whereas with the walk-in shower, you could have a seat. If I didn't get the glass doors which would impede any help he said a shower curtain would be better. He was great and explained in detail the pros and cons. The installation was awesome and the workers that installed were great. They kept working and were very polite and professional. I would recommend them highly for anyone to install their showers.

I love the walk-in shower. The whole thing is great. It's with grab bars and the floor surface is non-slip. I could get in the chair which folds up if I wanted to use something else in the shower. They provided the shower curtain and it works fine. The ease of the handheld and the options in the handheld shower is great. The overhead rain shower is very good too. I like to wash my hair that way. I have shown a few people and they're amazed at it. They're really impressed with the shower as I am.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2021

The sales guy from Safe Step was extremely nice and very smart. He knows his job well. He sat down and talked to us like he was one of us. We felt very comfortable with him. We felt very comfortable with the workers too. They were extremely nice as well. Any questions we had to ask that we asked, they answered. They were very prompt and they never stopped working. They got through in less time than they expected to. They really did a good job. I would recommend them to anyone.

The walk-in shower has been helpful. However, my sister can't do like I thought she could do 'cause she can't hold the shower wand and shower herself without squirting water everywhere. I was a little bit disappointed with that because I thought she might be able to do it herself. She has dementia and I thought since she's not that advanced, she could use it but she can't remember the wand. She can't put it back on the little hook. I'm also afraid she'll fall. The only thing that it helped me with was she doesn't have to step over into the tub. She just has a little step which helps.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2021

I had seen Safe Step's advertisement and I had been looking at their walk-in shower for years because I had a problem with getting my leg out of my bathtub. I also had a cousin that had to go in the home, Delmar Gardens, and in her room, they have the walk-in shower. It looked nice. Then, I have neuropathy and one time, I thought I lifted my leg up to get out of the bathtub, but I hadn't and I almost fell. That was when I made my mind up to go on and get a Safe Step.

One guy came to install the whole thing and he was excellent because he stayed here all day. I didn't even know if he had lunch because he got through at about 6:00. And he was right here at the time that he said he was going to come that morning. With my Safe Step, I feel more relaxed when I'm taking a shower. I have a seat, the shower head, and the hand shower. When I'm having a problem with my left leg, foot, and knee routine, and when I feel kind of shaky-like, I can always sit down in my walk-in shower. And that's the difference in being in the tub. I’m 84 years old and now, I can stay in the shower as long as I want to.

Original review: March 30, 2021

Safe Step already had established a relationship with VA and it was easy for the paperwork to get done so I ended up with them. They got the installation done in one day and a half and I love the finished product.

Original review: March 23, 2021

The installation of our Safe Step went wonderful. The guys were great. I love it. I have rheumatoid arthritis and gout, and I was afraid that getting in and out of the bathtub, I was going to trip and fall. The guys put the bars right where I asked them to put them and they were wonderful. The installation team was here at 7 o'clock in the morning and it was right after lunchtime when they were completely through. Everything just fell right into place. I was really amazed. I really liked the guys that installed it, and of course, I love my step-in shower. I couldn't praise this shower enough. I have told everybody about it now.

Original review: March 20, 2021

The installers installed our Safe Step in one day, which was wonderful. I feel good when I get in the shower. I'm pleased with it. However, when I turn it on, it's at the hottest I can get it. Sometimes I would like for it to be a little bit hotter. But maybe that's a safety feature that they have so people wouldn't get burned.

Original review: March 18, 2021

Every week for three weeks, I've been calling the service department in order to put in a missing screw in the adjustment handle. I am totally dissatisfied because they have not responded to my trouble call. It's a simple little set screw to hold the handle on, and we can't get them to service it. We can get them to promise and tell us that they got three notices on the board that we called, but still no service.

Original review: March 17, 2021

When I decided I wanted a walk-in shower, I called two or three different companies and I liked what Safe Step had to say. The rep was very personable. He answered all my questions and knew his business. The guys that came to install were very nice and efficient. They cleaned up after their installation very nicely and carried off all their excess stuff. Now, it is so much easier to get in and out of the bathtub without the worry of falling. Walking in is the best part.

Safe Step Walk-In Showers Company Information