1.22/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

488 Roto-Rooter Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

I called Roto-Rooter to install a new garbage disposer. Their technician came in and while removing the old disposer, to make work easier and faster, just dropped it and damaged the cabinet. He charged $200 for 40 minutes of work and still denied their own discount coupon. Apparently, they are after easy money not customer satisfaction.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

Had my sump pump stop working last January and it was replaced by Roto-Rooter. Up to that point, my basement had never flooded the 3 years I lived in my home. The following December, after a snowfall melted, my basement flooded. The sump pump overloaded and flipped the breaker. They told me that is what the pump is supposed to do. When I told them the guy that installed the pump told me not to get a backup battery or a backup pump, I believed him. He told me I would never have to worry about my basement flooding again. He never mentioned that he installed a pump that was not as good as the one I had. He never told me the pump could get overloaded and flip the breaker. Now when I call for help on this situation, all I’m told is that they can send someone out to tell me what I really need. Thanks a lot for not getting it right the first time, and not guaranteeing your work. I’ll call someone else who cares about their future business.

Get expert buying tips about Online Bathroom Fixtures and Plumbing delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

Updated on 12/06/18: When I pay someone to do as job, they should want to do their best. I could very well have been repeat business, won't be now though. Mike was passing it to the city. Told me not to call city, he was take care of it.

Original Review: I called Roto-Rooter on November 25, 2018, said he would be there in about an hour, he was on another job. He showed up to do the job. Said it was going to be 353.00 dollars before he did anything. He was going to clear it then run camera down. Thought that was great. He claimed he unclogged it by saying look running water. Didn't bring camera will have to come back next day. Show up November 26, 2018 with camera he didn't know how to use. He figured out after calling someone, he put it there and water. We took man cover lid off. No water coming through.

He said the ground settled on the pipe and the City is going to have to break it and fix it. I asked him to put his snake back in so I could see it through. Said he didn't have time, has two other jobs to do. Then left. I'm thinking I had to wait for him, but they can't. I did a survey and his boss called me six times in a row at midnight. I told it was kinda late. Had to block his number. Maybe Roto-Rooter encourages that kind of work. Personally I believe I entitled to at least 253.00 dollars back.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

My daughter called Roto-Rooter for a clogged drain in my kitchen sink. I will regret that she called them until the day I die. The plumber Joe came in and told me the job would take 2 hours quoting a price of $429. I told him that I would shop around for a more reasonable price. He told me that he wouldn’t be able to come back for a week and that those cheaper plumbers give you an hour and they are out. He wasn’t in my home for an hour. When he gave me the invoice in the amount of $349. I questioned him as he was done in 30 minutes. He said well It could have taken up to 2 hours.

This was a total rip-off. I would never recommend Roto-Rooter to anyone. I will share my unpleasant experience with everyone I know. I have had an encounter with another plumbing company and he was here over a hour. He fixed the bathroom drain. He was up and down in the basement. He explained his findings and his work. His price was very reasonable. I hate my daughter contacted Roto-Rooter. If I felt the price he charged me was worth his work I would say so but Joe knows his price for what he did was totally unfair to me the consumer.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

Technician came out to unclog drain, he ran into the clog and stopped because he thought he was going to break something. What he hit was the clog. I was told that they had to pressure wash my drain first. They are supposed to have a six month warranty on drinking clogs, that's a lie. They wouldn't even come out a week later. The technician was an idiot. My husband asked him how it was going with the drain and his response was "another day another dollar" my husband wasn't asking him about him he meant the drain. Technician didn't introduce himself or anything. They are not willing to send another technician to try to clear it. They want me to end up spending 550$ to clear a drain. It's really sad that they're so willing to rip you off in the Christmas season. I'm out 235$ for nothing. They do not care if you're satisfied at all. It's all about the money.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Roto-Rooter?

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

These monsters ran over my cat and crushed his back legs, left me without running water and shut off my heat and left a burst pipe and told me they would only remove water from basement. I am filing a police report against them.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

I called Roto-Rooter to come out and clear my drains due to a back-up in my laundry room drain. I informed them that I wanted the laundry room drain cleared as well as the main drain. I have large trees in my yard and figured that tree roots was the cause since they had been in the past. While the technician was working on it, I was surprised to hear my doorbell ring. Turned out the technician had called to have someone from the restoration department come out because he thought there was damage to my basement floor.

The representative informed me that I had raw sewage under the floor, the floor would have to be replaced and they could start the work of pulling up the tile that evening. Fortunately, I am not as naïve as they probably hoped and I informed them that I needed to have my insurance agent come out and take a look at it. He tried to convince me that my insurance probably wouldn’t cover it but I told him that when my water heater broke and flooded the basement a couple years ago, they absolutely covered it. After telling me to figure out what kind of replacement tile I wanted, I finally managed to get him to leave. Shortly thereafter, the technician left, leaving a bottle of drain cleaner (which I didn’t particularly want but was charged for), a $500+ dent in my credit card, a mess that I had to clean up AND a broken closet door that I didn’t notice until the insurance adjuster came the following day.

Incidentally, she informed me that, when she did her own water test, there was nothing under the floor to indicate raw sewage. We agreed that she would close the claim and if I found out that I did have some water damage in the future from the visit, she would reopen it. This happened almost a month ago and still no damage. Naturally, I cancelled the insurance claim. I have used Roto Rooter in the past and was satisfied with their service. They did the same work the guy did this time for half the cost. However, I can guarantee that, after this latest experience, even if my basement is many inches underwater, I will absolutely NOT be calling Roto Rooter again.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

Our church building had a major water pipe broken underneath the concrete floor on 11/25. I called Roto-Rooter in the morning of 11/26 and the technician Doc ** arrived before 8 am immediately. Instead of breaking the concrete floor to search for the broken pipe, he made a quick and wise decision that he would bypass the pipes underneath the concrete floor. He finish the whole job within 4 hours with very reasonable price. God has answered our pray!

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

My sump pump needed attention because it wasn’t working properly. Roto-Rooter plumber spent nearly half an hour in my basement where he apparently replaced the sump with a cheap plastic part that broke in less than a week causing my basement to flood with a foot of water. Then, to top all that off, I had been charged $650.00!! I’m a retired senior citizen on a very fixed income and I guess Roto-Rooter figured they could take me to the cleaners and I’d never say anything. Well, here I am and I’m saying it - there’s no difference between Roto-Rooter and some street thugs. You might think what you did was legally right but it certainly wasn’t morally right.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

I had a Roto-Rooter technician come to my house in Hemet, California. I understand the costs of a new shower valve is between 200-250 for an adequate shower valve. The technician gave me a quote and said 1150$. That is way out of line to charge anyone that amount and Roto-Rooter should look at their practices. They take advantage of people who have no idea the actual cost of the parts. Then the technician says, "We're not responsible for the hole we would put in your wall also." If you're going to charge someone 800 dollars for labor (about 2 hours of work) you better do the drywall. Thank God I do my research and will go to Angie's List and find a local plumber who will use fair practices.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

On Friday October 26th 2018, I used Roto-Rooter services to unclog the toilet in our upstairs bathroom. A technician came in and performed the service. While he was in the bathroom upstairs with my wife, he asked if we had another bathroom downstairs to which my wife replied yes. He then told her that he had to go back to his truck to get additional tools, left and came back a few minutes later.

After he was done with unclogging the toilet, he told my wife that our water pressure was too high (something that we have never experienced any issues prior) and proceeded to take her out in our backyard to show her a tool that indicates water pressure using the gardening hose. He then suggested that we replace the pipes connected to our water heater inside the garage. My wife told her that she needed to check with me. He left her an estimate with his personal cell phone number to contact him if we wanted to make the upgrade.

Later on that day, I returned from work and decided to use the toilet downstairs. To my surprise I heard a very loud noise (like a pneumatic drill) after I flushed the toilet. I immediately contacted Roto-Rooter and they sent another technician within a couple of hours. The technician did not know why the toilet was making that loud noise and proceeded to call the first technician who did the repair that morning. He had the phone on speaker and I clearly heard him telling the new technician to close the valve under the toilet. After that the noise stopped. Unfortunately, your service has now caused more problems as we have discovered a burst pipe in the front yard. I have called and spoke to one of your supervisors who has offered to pay for the leak detection but not for the pipe repair.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

I wish I had found this site prior to my experience of being taken advantage of financially. 2 toilets needed to be re-mounted as they were wobbly. Seems simple enough but I didn’t have time and thought maybe a pro can take care of it. Well they are pros alright. They don’t even bother with upselling or selling warranties to get more money. They just up and rip you off. 45min of work. $32 parts. $838 labor. Nope I didn’t fat finger the decimal point. Not $83.80 in labor. EIGHT HUNDRED AND THIRTY EIGHT DOLLARS IN LABOR.

Now. The gent did give me the hook up and took 25% off which brought the price down to under $700 so...yeah. Now, when you have the people standing in your house ready to work and they present you with an estimate of this sort what exactly are you supposed to do? Have him sit for a bit while you shop around for better prices? You hired these people based on the idea you can trust they will give you a competitive price and actually get the job done. Yeah okay maybe they will be a little higher as they are a big company but this isn’t even close.

Even after the job is done you still want to believe what just took place is somehow not the biggest rip off ever but Google searches only prove otherwise. For the amount of money they charged I could have gotten 2 brand new toilets installed from anywhere for LESS MONEY. That’s when I reached out to Roto Rooter who promised a response ASAP. That was 2 weeks ago. And that’s why I’m now here. No one should have to deal with this kind of treatment for any reason nevermind help with a toilet with a wobble! Hopefully this will help. And that’s why I’m now on here.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

My tenants had an issue with a toilet that was leaking. They called Roto-Rooter who sent a technician with an arrival window between 1-4pm. The technician showed up at 5:30pm, over an hour late. I spoke to him on the phone while he was at my unit, and he claimed that porcelain was cracked on the toilet and that it needed to be replaced. He said he would only be able to replace the toilet a full 2 days later. I told him that timeline was unacceptable and that I would do the work myself. I arrived at my unit the following morning, and found that not only was the toilet not cracked, it was simply clogged with toilet paper. I easily remedied the issue in under an hour.

To recap my experience - Roto-Rooter kept my tenants waiting around on a Saturday with a ridiculous 4 hour time window for arrival, and were STILL over an hour late. The technician rudely complained to me on the phone that he had trouble finding parking, and threatened to leave (it's as if he never worked in a city before), incorrectly diagnosed a clogged pipe - the simplest of all plumbing issues - as a cracked toilet that needed to be replaced, and charged my tenants $100 to do this.

While it may sound extreme, I truly believe the technician wanted to make off with the toilet in my unit, as it is an expensive Toto one-piece toilet. He was going to replace it with a generic $85 Home Depot toilet, and probably charge me ~$500 or more in addition to the cost of the toilet, and probably keep the Toto for himself or resell. The reason being, when I looked at the toilet, there was absolutely no indication whatsoever that there was a crack, ANYwhere.

It all sounded fishy to me when the technician said the toilet was cracked in the back, on the bottom of the bowl. Just knowing how this toilet is set up, there is no porcelain were the technician was describing, and that is where the sewer connection exists. He was trying to take advantage of the fact that my tenants did not know any better, and the fact that I wasn't around. When I told the technician that I would do the work myself, he attempted to backtrack and say that he may be able to do the work sooner, but I had already heard lost trust in his diagnosis. Roto-Rooter, you either have completely inept and incompetent people working for you, or you have thieves and liars. I'm not sure what is worse, but judging from the reviews on this page, I don't think this matters to you. I will be reporting you to the Better Business Bureau.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

We called for a clogged pipe that was the same pipe serviced by them 2 years ago. The plumber recommend we change our pipes from galvanized in the future. To unclog the pipe the charge was $500.00 which was double the quote I read on their site. We had the pipes changed one week later from a different plumber and when the old pipes were removed we saw that a tiny hole was through all the muck still in the pipes. These pipes were never cleared out and this would have been an ongoing problem. The new plumber was shocked by the service provided and couldn't believe these pipes were just cleared out.

The RR serviceman also took out a whole section of wall in our basement which was totally unnecessary and made an outrageous mess. I called the service department several times and was given the run around for weeks...never got a call back as promised. Roto-Rooter service was deceiving, not properly done, extremely overpriced and their service department on complaints was horrible and couldn't care less. Very dishonest company.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

I did not have plumbing or water issues. I needed a gas flex line taken off 1 valve in my basement and hooked up to a different valve. I was quoted $189+tax for the job - I thought that was a bit excessive but it needed to be done so I went ahead. It took Joe a whole 20 min to complete the job and he was off drafting up an invoice. I then smelled a faint hint of gas additive in the basement. He then said he had to charge me for additional time so it'll be an additional $189 plus tax.

He put some leak finder on and it bubbled around the new gas line he hooked up. He noticed it and goes, oh "the line wasn't tied" but went on to replace my gas valve which was not faulty. I knew what I was paying for the job initially and even though $189($205 with tax) is ridiculous for a gas line I accepted the job. The second charge of $205 is absolutely ludicrous considering it was the serviceman who forgot to tighten my line. Here's my end game - $410 for 30 min of work just isn't right.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I had an appointment schedule for window of 12 noon time to 2. About a half hour after being scheduled I received a voice message to call the office. I immediately called back to discover that there was an outstanding bill dating back to 2007. They had no information as to the amount, what services were provided. Obviously there was a mistake but that's hard to prove especially 10 years later. After a lengthy discussion we agreed we would disregard the outstanding invoice and go forward on the condition that they would come out evaluate the situation, quote me a price and I have to pay upfront before they providing the work. I understood and thought that was reasonable and so I agreed. Every 2 hours I called to see if they were coming out and I was told somebody will call me back in 15 minutes.

7 hours I waited for someone to come out to address my backed up sewage in my basement. I cancelled everything I had planned for the day. Only after they close the billing office at around 7 that I discovered I had no appointment. As they then informed me 7 hrs later I was flagged until a manager came in the next morning to speak to me. I found this very cruel and very Petty. I was being played. They assumed I owed invoice from 10 yrs ago with no proof and no details about the work or amount and now it was payback. This is extremely Petty and unprofessional and downright cruel. If it was one person who mislead me about my scheduled appointment I understand but I spoke to several people throughout the day and not one person told me that the problem was not solved. That I had to solve it before booking appointment.

I don't know what happened 10 years ago if there was a mistake on their part by incorrectly not posting my payment or I was I mistreated, an unsatisfactory experience, or the work was not done and maybe I chose not to pay based on bad experience which is the only way I would not pay a bill. This experience today was cruel, petty and unprofessional. I would think twice before booking with them.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

They installed a sewer pipe that is leaking rainwater in my basement. We had an inch of rainwater in our basement and it smells like mildew and making us feel sick. A man came out and said I would have to pay 4000 dollars for a sump pump which I will not pay, because it didn't leak until they did the work. They said they would come out to cement it and I have called them numerous times and they are completely ignoring me. They keep saying they have an open invoice for a certain day, and they never call or show up. They must want me to call a lawyer.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

This company is a RIP-OFF. HORRIBLE service! So apparently when you call one company all companies find out you need work done and start calling your phone. In any event the tech from Roto-Rooter was very interesting when he call that I agreed to hear what he could offer. The technician came out and stated that he would waive the consultation/service fee in the amount of $699.00 if we allow the field techs to take a look at the issue. In addition estimate the work to be low cost due to the amount of space that was damaged. I was advised that another field tech would come out as well to camera scope the line (free of charge) from inside to outside and then after give me a quote. I agreed to that, and the tech came out and left a quote behind of $6200.00 to do some underground work.

Then after another two techs come out and started the process of water damage restoration. They removed half of my walls, three doors, my floors, and a toilet. I mean half of half of half very small space. Apparently they then disinfected the area they ripped apart, threw all the items they ripped apart out in my lawn and then hook up 15-20 fans to dry the wet area for 2-3 days which ran off my BGE. Came back and obtained their fans and I explained to them water was still leaking and the smell was still strong. I then receive an invoice for $4800.00 for the horrible work that was done and on top of it all it was not and I mean was not nowhere near $4800.00 worth work they had done.

Rotor Rooter requested the check from my insurance and it was sent to me to endorse. I refuse to give them the check for that amount because as little as the space was they ripped apart it again. Was not worth $4800.00. Due to me not doing that they then requested another check from MY insurance for $4200.00. Had it sent to them directly and called me and ask can I sign it. I SAID NO. FOR WHAT? My house is a mess and I'm not pleased with the anything that was done. Drop that price.

Days later a supervisor comes out because I was very pissed with the invoice, water was still leaking from somewhere and the work was not satisfying and he stated he understands. He then agrees that he still smells the odor and had the tech cut another portion of my floor. They then spray something and place another fan there for 2 days. A few weeks go by. They then email me another invoice for $5400.00 with the $699 they said they weren't going to charge me. "SCAMMERS". I can’t afford a contractor to repair the damages Roto-Rooter did and I refuse to allow my insurance company to pay them when they did NOT anything worth $4800.00 and now the repairs are damn near double to be fixed. My insurance is not trying to give me more money to repair the damages either. Now these scammers are trying to threaten to put a LIEN ON MY HOUSE for NOTHING! DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY! I'm fighting this.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

We called Roto-Rooter to come clean our kitchen sink in our condo. Unfortunately I (as the owner) wasn't there and the tenants authorized the work not knowing any better. Then they call and tell me it's $599 for the drain clean! What is this robbery?! I will never call them again. I even called the company and they told me $599 is their standard cost for a drain clean. How can that be when everyone else charges between $150-250? This wasn't even emergency service!

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

This company is horrible! Technician could not get the snake to clear main line from house and advised $400 to camera scope the line. I said I could not afford that, and suddenly it was free. Second tech (first guy’s boss) comes out and scopes the line (a lot of TP remains and foam from foaming root killer I had put in the night before). Claims line needs hydro-jetting in order to proceed at a cost of $1200!

I state I can’t afford, and presto, price is now down to $800, and then $800 with current service charge of $300+ being credited towards the jetting. But ultimately, they advised me they could not clean the line, and not to put much water down drain until they could come out the next day (for $800). But lo-and-behold, when I examined the line after they left, and run some water down the drain, the debris they left behind in the line flushed out and blockage completely gone. So, they were just lining their pockets with my misfortune. And since they claimed they could NOT clean my line, and left with the assumption the clogged line was not fixed, why then was I charged over $300 for NOTHING! DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

Called this company to come help us out with a clog in our sewer line. They charged us $500 to use a snake and camera and didn’t even fix our clog! Instead they quoted us $4400 to dig up our basement in order to fix it. After contacting other plumbers we realized we got scammed. How does anyone recommend this company? I surely will be advising everyone I know to stay away from them. Now I’m out $500 that I could have used for groceries for my family. They should be ashamed! of themselves.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

They said they may not be able to clean drain if the pipe is damaged. So they charged me $325 for doing NOTHING cause my drain was collapsed. And then another guy from Roto-Rooter came by gave me a FREE inspection on my drain pipe with camera equipment for 5 min. The repair estimate was more than 7k (what a joke). So I would recommend you to ask them for a free estimate on drain pipe FIRST and then ask them to clean it up if it is repairable. Or don't just ask them to work for you. They will charge you $325 for NOT COMPLETING WORK.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

Called for a leaky faucet and standing water in a cabinet. A technician came for approximately 5 minutes, opened up the cabinet and said that he thought that the dishwasher drain was clogged and, as a result, water was backing up into the cabinet under the sink. Although my husband pointed out where the leak was, the technician dismissed his concern regarding the faucet. After he left, my husband reached out to the company to address the drain clog. While waiting for that technician to arrive water was dripping along the garbage disposal. As such, the company sent another technician to determine whether the garbage disposal was the cause of the water in the cabinet.

The technician arrived and immediately told us that we needed a new garbage disposal. We were pretty surprised that a three year old disposal needed to be replaced. When we mentioned this the technician, he brushed us off and said it was strange but it could happen. In fact when we mentioned the faucet to the second technician he suggested that we purchase a new faucet and he would install it for us. Three days later, our basement ceiling was leaking water onto the carpet. Two new technicians came and fixed the actual issue in about 10-15 minutes. The damage is estimated between 2 and 5 thousand dollars and the company failed to take any responsibility for the damage that occurred during those three days. Furthermore, getting someone to respond to us was extremely difficult and we had to call several times.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

On Wednesday, September 19, 2018, Roto-Rooter representative Gau came out to my house give a free estimate on my plumbing issues which was a clogged laundry room sink. He made the issue out to be more serious than what it was by mentioning my sewer and that it was something I could not do myself. I called out from my job thinking this was going to be a long process based upon the quote and treatment that was needed. Gau snaked the drain in 10 minutes and poured Drano down the sink. I asked him was that it and mentioned this was something I could have done myself. He does not control the pricing and it is a typical fee for Roto-Rooter to charge $504.66. I do not want another single female to be taken advantage. This is expensive service charge for snaking drain. Roto-Rooter should not mislead people on what services needed to clear an issue.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

Real Easy. Roto-Rooter came to my house to inspect water in the basement that originated from a large rainfall, and entered the basement from the basement floor. The basement is unfinished, had 5 appliances, and hardly any real clean up. The crew stated they would arrive on Monday. Monday turned into Tues. No phone calls. Then Wednesday turned around. They finally showed up at 12:30 ish...and worked till 9:30 in 1200sqf bare 8" block concrete slab environment. I removed the water, which was up to 2 feet in some places with 4 1/2 HP submersible pump I bought, cleaned up most all the mess from cardboard boxes and some dirt and gravel that backfilled from a drain that jetted Glynwood silt loam into the basement, and I had that basement very clean.

They worked doing who knows what for 5 hours while they waited on air circulation fans to arrive, put up more lights than in the movie ET, threw my collection of antique chisels, gouges and other antique tools valued at over $1500 in a wet trash bag that allowed them to rust and lose ID tags. Even after telling to leave all the tools on the ping pong table, along with $2000 worth of other collectibles, my Keurig, wet/dry vac...and more. That were 100% fine as they were never in the water, then chilled out. Put out the fans, used my pumps to pump out the water from their 3 dehumidifiers that drained into my new 30 gallon trash bucket. They had to use my 12 gauge extension cords, 5500W generator as they kept popping the breakers with their faulty equipment that leaked water as they had insufficient hose length, then finished up, left wet cardboard, Xmas paper wrapping, and 2 trash bins full that they were supposed to haul away.

I had to clean up their mess they left behind and evaluate the damage they did as they stripped the paint off my floor and ruined my belongings that were supposed to be put in plastic tubs...and left. They came back 3X to check on things, never took any of the trash as they should have, then picked up their equipment nearly 24 hours late, including 12 fans they stacked up using my basement as a storage unit.

Then sent a $6800.00 bill, and the contract I supposedly signed via DocuSign. The signature by my name is not even close to my name, or my writing style, the initials that were supposedly mine were "22", and even filled out the satisfaction form and dated it on the day they began the service, not 5 days later after they were "done". The signature that is supposedly mine has a character that matches the Roto-Rooter tech's character, and the only distinguishable character in his signature. All documents had the same date, signature, and fraud. They also keep asking me for the claim #. Let's see where this one goes.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

On Sept. 22, 2018 Roto-Rooter of Cincinnati came to my home to unclog an outside sewer line. Their equipment broke inside my line and they refused to refund my money or remove the piece of broken equipment which caused a much worse issue than before they came. I had to hire another reputable company to finish the job and clean up their broken mess. When I asked Roto-Rooter what they would do to get their equipment out of my line their response was "We're done here." I would never recommend this company for anything.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

This is the second time I feel like my business has been taking advantage of. Was charged over $800 dollars to install an sink faucet and drain. Ridiculous. Ask what service we needed Tech showed-up, of course had no parts on the truck to fix problem, so extra charge for getting parts. We will never use this over price company, that's not providing any outstanding service that you wouldnt be getting from another company.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

Roto-Rooter came to my house to clear a clogged sewer pipe for me. The Roto-Rooter tech should have used a camera to evaluate the problem, but instead he started "Roto-Rooting" my pipes. Thus, the Roto-Rooter tech broke my pipes and made the situation worse. I ended up replacing all my pipes no thanks to Roto-Rooter. In the end, I paid Roto-Rooter $188.00 to come to my house and break my pipes. Not cool...

Brian,

We appreciate your feedback and wish to talk to you as soon as we can. Please email me your full-service address including zip code so that I can look into this as soon as possible. My email address is Pat.Swanson@rrsc.com. Please also include a copy of this review.

Customer Satisfaction Manager

Original review: Sept. 23, 2018

Clogged kitchen sink. Technician spent total 10-15 minutes unclogging with Rooter and "their proprietary chemical" and charged around $375!!! Big name, big company, takes advantage of its customers. Never again.

Jennie,

Customer Satisfaction Manager

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

I called Roto-Rooter to have kitchen sink unclogged and the man told me I had mud in my pipes. He crawled under the house and came back with a P-trap and said, "This is what fell off from the sink." Told me that my pipes were crumbling. They needed replaced for about 45 feet plus tunneling to get under to do this at a cost of $16,0000. Got a second opinion and there is NOT a leak, the piece of plumbing he brought up from under the house had been there from when the previous owners had replaced the plumbing before. These RIP offs were going to take me for money we don't have! This can't be legal! And I will be looking into this legally!

Marsha,