3.5/5 (518 ratings)
Find an Online Bathroom Fixtures and Plumbing partner
Banner image

Need help with a bathroom project?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

About Roto-Rooter

Banner image

Need help with a bathroom project?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Roto-Rooter Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Roto-Rooter?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Roto-Rooter?

Original review: Sept. 16, 2022

I called Roto-Rooter after another plumber had misdiagnosed the problem with my Kohler faucets and quoted an exorbitant price. Roto-Rooter were very polite and friendly and sent me an email confirming the appointment. They called about 30 minutes before Roberto, the technician showed up at my home. He was friendly, polite and efficient. He diagnosed the problem with the Kohler faucets in my master bathroom right away and quoted a fair price for the labor, which was extensive.

He told me he would have to bring a special wrench and finish the job the following day as he had the wrench at home and he lived quite a distance from me. Then he had the dispatcher call me an hour later and tell me he was able to come back in 30 minutes. I appreciated their checking with me first. Roberto came back as promised and fixed the problem right away. The price he quoted was fair and the workmanship was top-notch. He really knew what he was doing. I highly recommend Roto-Rooter. They really care a lot about their customers' needs.

Original review: May 13, 2022

I worked with Jason and he got a crew out that same day. Gary, Todd, and Alex did a fantastic job. They were professional and got the job done fairly quickly. Very nice and awesome people. This team knew what they were doing. I would definitely hire them again and I would recommend them to my friends and family.

Get buying tips about Online Bathroom Fixtures and Plumbing delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 22, 2022

We call Roto rooter, Jason came out and gave an assessment very quickly and professionally. The servicemen did a great job and clean up the water problem. They also left fans for the week-end to dry out the dampness that remain.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2022

The technician, Dylon was very professional and did a great job of keeping me up to date on the progress. Everything was completed in a timely manner and to a high standard. I really appreciated his hard work and would recommend them to a friend. I will use them again in the future for sure.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2022

Beware: read reviews before using this company! Called due to toilet problem, thinking sewer line needed clean out. Tech arrived, checked both bathrooms and determined he could just snake out one of the toilets. He used a manual snake auger, found in the average homeowner's garage and was done in 10 minutes or less. I find the charge of $350 for this service to be exorbitant and I consider it price gouging. Never again! Use your local plumber!

Roto-Rooter response

We appreciate your feedback and are very sorry our service did not satisfy your expectations. Please email me your full-service address, including the zip code, so that I can look into this issue as soon as possible. My email is Pat.Swanson@rrsc.com. Please also include a copy of this review.

Customer Satisfaction Manager

Original review: Nov. 18, 2022

Beware of price gouging. They hire convicted felons. Worst company I have ever worked for. Went to bed with a guilty conscience every night. Always do your research and ask your insurance provider who they recommend if you are ever in need of water mitigation.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Nov. 5, 2022

All I will say is be very careful when agreeing to a price that is quoted BEFORE the job is done. What I thought was going to be a complex multi-issue problem turned out to be a very easy and quick fix. Although I was happy with the service and the friendly, polite manner of the technician, the (supposedly discounted) price was absolutely outrageous for the work that was done. When I questioned it, I was told that it was a flat rate. If I had paid $250 an hour, it STILL would have been cheaper than what I was charged. Be warned!!!

Customer Satisfaction Manager

Original review: Oct. 31, 2022

I used the service to unclog a drain that took about 30 min. I could not believe when they charged me $500 to unclog a drain. My local plumber previously charged me for the same job $80. Never ever again, always go with your local plumber!

Customer Satisfaction Manager

Original review: Oct. 28, 2022

I called Roto-Rooter as my sump pump pipe was disconnected and my husband was busy working. I asked them their hourly rate and was told they don’t have it but I have to pay $99 for a tech to come out to give me an estimate. (Liar, as the tech wrote up an hourly rate of $472 labor on the estimate.) It was the only company I could find for the same day service and I thought it was a simple job (the in-line check valve was broken), any plumber can do in a few minutes. The tech Scott showed up on time but he had no knowledge of what was going on. I knew it as he commented our professionally installed Radon mitigation system was installed incorrectly and that he would have to take apart the whole sump pump and it would be 2-3 hours of work at $472 per hour.

My husband asked him specifically if he thought it was just a broken valve and Scott replied no. We didn’t hire Scott as he had no clue that it was a simple problem and he wanted to take apart my whole sump pump. We paid him $99 and sent him off. My husband replaced the inline check valve for $10 at Home Depot the same day. Our sump pump is now working without a problem. If I knew their rate is $472 per hour, I would have never set this appointment up. They were not honest about their pricing over the phone and trick customers to pay their $99 appointment fees. Also they sent me an incompetent tech. I feel like it was all a scam! A licensed plumber hourly rate is $150-$200 in my area. Roto-Rooter is totally overpriced. Do not use Roto-Rooter!

Customer Satisfaction Manager

Original review: Oct. 23, 2022

Brandon called and stated that they had a lot of work to do. "Ok", Brandon at 930am. Say around 1pm I called back. "Hey brandon, I got a lot of "**" coming out my toilets and tubes." Brandon state, "first of all mam I have my speaker on and my family are in the car with me so I wish you would not curse." "Brandon I did not know your family was in the car and you should not have them at work anyways." Brandon felt like it was more important to let me know that he is "general manager" and that no work can get done without him. So I hung up. Dial the 1 800 number. Brandon called back professionally but I am still sitting here with ** popping put my toilet and tubes. No service.

Roto-Rooter Company Information