Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.22/5

Need help with a bathroom project?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Need help with a bathroom project?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Roto-Rooter Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Roto-Rooter?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Roto-Rooter?

Original review: May 1, 2020

I would just like to express my great experience I had with this company. I had a pipe issue in my house that was causing water leakage and damage to my home. It was a pretty extensive repair that needed to be done which gave me much anxiety. Roto Rooter was the 3rd plumping company that I contacted about the issue and concerns I was having and I am so glad I chose them over the other companies. From start to finish they took excellent care of me and my home and help fix my issue promptly.

My first encounter was with one of their Techs/plumber whom name I believe was Alonzo. He was very informative and professional. He progressed quickly to get their company excavation specialist out to see me the same day to estimate the work I needed done. His name was John and he was the best! He was so helpful and informative. He even gave me the information I needed to give to my insurance company. He constantly checked in with me during the process to make sure I was ok and had the resources I needed.

I also cannot forget the actual Plumber who had to do all of the major labor work to fix my pipes. Antonio and Lorenzo were great. They got the job done in one day and kept me updated on everything that was going on during the process. To sum it up it was just a great experience and I would definitely recommend this company and these particular guys if you have any issues with your plumbing or drains. I would definitely use them in the future.

Original review: March 14, 2020

I had two plumbing problems. Jeff from Roto Rooter Passaic NJ was professional and most experienced plumber I ever had work on my home. Was a good conversation too. Very professional and total expert. 5 stars to Jeff in Passaic NJ Roto Rooter all plumbing needs. Was fast and perfect and gave good advice on how to care for work afterwards. Paul C Passaic NJ

Get buying tips about Online Bathroom Fixtures and Plumbing delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2020

It started with a plugged kitchen sink and ended up a major broken pipe. Happened on the 23rd of December and they still had someone come out same day, then on the 24th and 26th. Involved different departments starting with Kawika (initial contact), then Chris (confirming pipe break) and Noa (the one excavating foundation and yard). Everyone was empathetic, professional and full of aloha. I would recommend them to anyone.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2020

They wanted $375 for a drain to be cleaned that I got cleaned for $69. Guy said he was too fat to go under house for clean out so it was gonna cost me? I asked him to leave & was glad to pay the $ to get rid of him. DO NOT HIRE.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2020

Our water heater went out over the weekend and we contacted first search came up on the internet considering household name company should not be so bad. Our water heater is 13 years old and it wasn't surprised that we were recommended a new unit. Technician was very through going over picture explaining our issues. They quoted us $2500 for 40 gallon new unit with labor.

We didn't do research before they came, so we agreed, but while they are working on it, we started to do some research since it sounded a bit high. Our research showed that average cost would be about $1500 in our area, and highest would be $2000. It had been a couple of hours since they started working on it, so it was too late or too expensive to pay for the work they've done so far. But we negotiated to $2000. Still high end, but better than $2500. It is part of our fault not to research beforehand, but this company will try to take advantage of you if you know nothing about it. Very dishonest and disappointed with this big name company.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2020

Worst experience I've ever had. I was price gouged, Paid over 11,000 dollars and they didn't finish the job. They replaced pipe on the sewer line, said they were finished with the job and wouldn't be back, that the dirt mover would finish. I seen trash and called the company and the plumber changed up the story saying, "We'll be back with the dirt mover, we aren't done yet." I called the local office trying to get ahold of someone, called corporate and was told they would notify the local office and was left in the dark. Was so aggravated with the company, when they did come back I told them to leave and make sure someone calls me before they show up unannounced.

Needless to say, I spent all weekend shoveling dirt back into a 75 ft long and 3 ft. deep hole in my backyard. Unprofessional people who never followed CDC guideline rules, smoked on the job and threw ** all over the yard, also had an unknown man on my property and did some weird money exchange and he left right after. I CANNOT stress this enough, use anyone but these people. I trusted the name and got screwed.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2020

I just finished a service call with Roto-Rooter for a clogged kitchen drain. Shame on me for not clarifying the cost upfront, but I have used them before for the same problem and found their pricing to be fair and reasonable. They have now moved to a flat-rate pricing, and clearing a clogged kitchen drain is now over $500!!! Well, the young serviceman (who was quite friendly and efficient) was barely here for an hour. I only learned of the price once he was already here, and by that time I just needed this project to be done. But be aware if you use this company!! Get pricing in advance so that you are not surprised!!!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2020

After trying to unclog my toilet on my own using every trick in the book, I finally gave in and called Roto-Rooter. Considering they're a national brand, I some high hopes in terms of pricing. It was a simple clogged toilet, right? Wrong. I should have known they'd price-gouge when the representative who took my call couldn't even give me a ballpark figure. The technician showed up within the four-hour timeframe I was given. As soon as he walked in and asked about the problem, he said there were three prices: 1. $310 just to auger, 2. $510 to auger and remove the toilet if necessary, 3. $810 for auger, toilet removal, and running a camera, if necessary. Holy smokes!!! If the rep on the phone would have told me it would be a minimum of $310, I would have looked for another company. The technician was nice and augered the toilet four times. It drained a little better (versus not at all), but he said the clog definitely wasn't gone.

I didn't want to pay more, as he said he went in the full length of his auger, 6ft, so what he originally said was stuck in the actual toilet had now been pushed in further yet still not removed. He spent a total of 45 minutes at my house, and when I asked if there was now potential for a main line clog, he said "Yeah, it's a good possibility." I understand the technician doesn't set the prices, but good Lord, my issue wasn't fixed and has potential to cost even more than the $310 I already paid. He did end up charging me "only" $275, and that was because he said if they needed to come back within the one-week residential guarantee and I would remove the toilet myself, he'd give me a credit for doing that on my own. So, I'm out $275 for 45 minutes of work, toilet still isn't draining, and there's potential for it to be even more costly if the clog blocks a main line. I will NEVER use this company again.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2020

The folks who do the dirty work are great- thank you! However, the front office and anyone you deal with on the phone are beyond unprofessional. They don't call back, make false promises, and don't respond to emails. During the work in our home they took a video to help diagnose our problem and then never gave it to us- after countless attempts to contact them on our part. This was months of calling them repeatedly and not getting a response. Totally unacceptable. If you like headaches- use them. Otherwise, look elsewhere.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2020

These people have a book with prices. They could have told me over the phone they would be charging MORE THAN THE DISHWASHER COST for installation. They wanted 739$!!!! SO basically, they made me pay $69 to come out and tell me something they already had pre-priced in a book. INSANITY!

Roto-Rooter Company Information