Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

599 Roto-Rooter Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 26, 2019

I read a lot of the Roto-Rooter reviews and I must say that I have a super experience with David of Roto-Rooter Haines City. It's several times I asked him to come out and I will keep doing this. He's amazing and even the after hours do not disturb him! He's always friendly! For me he is top.

Original review: March 31, 2019

Roto-Rooter came out to my house and gave me a quote on a repair. I had been dealing with this problem for many years. Every 6 months my drains would back up. Eddie was able to explain everything in detail as to how they planned to fix my repair. It was a bit pricey but I haven't had any more problems. I'm not made of money, but they did provide me with finance options that made it easier for me to get my home fixed.

Get expert buying tips about Online Bathroom Fixtures and Plumbing delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

Wis was amazing, very professional and very hardworking young man. He told me exactly what he going to do to solve the problem and he made sure that everything was running well before he left. Thank you Wis.

Roto-Rooter response

Thank you!

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

Pat (1899) came out today to assess our leak. He quickly discovered that our water heater was in bad shape and in need of replacement. He was knowledgeable and very pleasant. Thanks for taking care of our problem so quickly and efficiently on this busy holiday weekend. We really appreciate it.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

Our church building had a major water pipe broken underneath the concrete floor on 11/25. I called Roto-Rooter in the morning of 11/26 and the technician Doc ** arrived before 8 am immediately. Instead of breaking the concrete floor to search for the broken pipe, he made a quick and wise decision that he would bypass the pipes underneath the concrete floor. He finish the whole job within 4 hours with very reasonable price. God has answered our pray!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Roto-Rooter?

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

Contacted Roto-Rooter in Renton, WA to resolve clogged drains in the kitchen and bathtub. I was quoted $495 for the first drain and $250 for the 2nd with the claim that that my 2 story home (Which I recently rented out due to relocating for work) is a commercial property! If it weren't for the urgent need of my tenants I would not have paid a ridiculous $742 for this. Do not work with these guys. They are a complete ripoff with shady practices. Greg

Original review: July 24, 2019

I had a plumbing clog where had to call Roto-Rooter. They were on time and resolved the issue but gave wrong information that camera diagnostics is covered under insurance and it was not. Also had to persistently call them back to take the drying equipment even it was turned off by the supervisor and it took extra 5 days to be removed from property.

Original review: July 22, 2019

Called Roto-Rooter to investigate a ceiling leak. They came for 5 mins and decided to call water mitigation team that will deal with Insurance only so you don't to worry about billing. Sounds good. Until, it took them 7 days to even come cut a hole, claiming they needed to verify testing. Came out 7 days later to cut and hole and found the leak to be AC related, which they don't fix. Left the fans on site for another week, while I had the HVAC repairmen come out. After all is done, they came to collect their equipment and sent me a bill for about $2.9k (for just leaving the fans on site and cutting 1 hole in ceiling). If I had known, I would have just paid a handyman $50 to come cut the hole or do it myself. Horrible experience, because now I'm out 1k (deductible), 1k Hvac repair and my insurance rates are going to increase every year. NEVER AGAIN! NEXT TIME CALL SOMEONE ELSE.

Original review: July 15, 2019

I scheduled a Roto-Rooter service online. I was given a time frame from 4-8. The guy showed up at 7:10pm. He asked me if the insurance company or I would pay for the service. He said there’d be different rates. I said I’d be paying for it. I needed the toilet flange replaced. I could install the toilet myself. He said he’d install the toilet for a few but he’d waive the fee for the flange. He said he’d just put a new flange on top of the broken one. He quoted me $550. I bought a new Kohler from Home Depot for $148.99 and his fee is more than 3 times the price of the new toilet.

I thanked him for his time and he asked me how much I’d be willing to pay. I said $200 for everything. He said it wasn’t possible. I thanked him for his time again. He tried to pull the “Let me call my supervisor” trick. He asked me if I’d settle for $350. I said no. He told me that $250 plus the price of the parts would be his final offer. I thanked him for his time and said goodbye to him. Some people probably would’ve fallen victims to his tactics but not me. I’m very disappointed with this type of business practice. I’m not sure if this is part of Roto-Rooter pitch or an isolated incident but for sure I won’t do business with them again.

Original review: July 15, 2019

Never use Roto Rooter, it was a terrible experience from start to finish. They claimed they would send a a technician within a two hour window and instead made excuses while one didn’t come for 7 hours. Once the technician did arrive, despite the website claiming he would do an Estimate about the price, he barely glanced at my clogged shower before pulling out a price sheet from Roto Rooters that just gave flat rates for various services. He did unclog my shower and I have no issue with his work, but the way the situation was handled was the opposite of how Roto-rooters advertised themselves.

The price was also far, far higher than a normal shower drain clog would be. It was $636 dollars after tax when normally unclogging a shower drain is $100.00 to $200.00 at most. When I called to question all of these things, from the ridiculous charge to the lies about their estimation, I also got frankly terrible customer service. For two days in a row I was told that I would be connected to a manager and then I was promptly given the run around until someone on Sunday admitted they were lying to me when they said I would have been able to speak to a manager over the weekend.

When I finally did manage to speak to someone from customer service, they told me that there was $472.00 charge just for the plumber showing up, despite that never being mentioned to me over the phone or anywhere on Roto-Rooter's website and various service sections. The plumber also did not say that when he showed up. She then claimed - without providing any evidence - that he’d given me a discount. She also noted that he had also unclogged my sink even though he wasn’t supposed to, even though upon checking other things reviews I found that technicians frequently do “courtesy repairs” without being asked, and it honestly seems more like a manipulation tactic to make people feel guilty when they try to call in to customer service to complain about the ridiculous prices. It’s also worth noting that while my sink was slow draining, I specifically asked him not to do it.

The customer rep I spoke to also claimed that the free estimates were only for “serious” problems when I brought up that I had merely been charged a flat rate and felt manipulated by the $472.00 charge for the plumber “showing up”. When I noted this is not at ALL what the website implies, she claimed that was all corporate advertising and that she didn’t know anything about the pricing. Honestly that did not make sense to me, since she seemed to know before I brought her up.

After that, I hung up with her. Do NOT do business with Roto Rooters. Their technicians may know what they are doing - and are honestly likely also taken advantage of by the company - but it’s not worth it. They are extremely late with vague explanations and offer nothing for that, lie about how their pricing works, overcharge, and their customer service gives you the run around and tries to duck all responsibility with misleading statements and a corporate structure that means you never talk to someone who actually knows enough to give you any answers.

Roto-Rooter Company Information