1.24/5

472 Roto-Rooter Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

They installed a sewer pipe that is leaking rainwater in my basement. We had an inch of rainwater in our basement and it smells like mildew and making us feel sick. A man came out and said I would have to pay 4000 dollars for a sump pump which I will not pay, because it didn't leak until they did the work. They said they would come out to cement it and I have called them numerous times and they are completely ignoring me. They keep saying they have an open invoice for a certain day, and they never call or show up. They must want me to call a lawyer.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

This company is a RIP-OFF. HORRIBLE service! So apparently when you call one company all companies find out you need work done and start calling your phone. In any event the tech from Roto-Rooter was very interesting when he call that I agreed to hear what he could offer. The technician came out and stated that he would waive the consultation/service fee in the amount of $699.00 if we allow the field techs to take a look at the issue. In addition estimate the work to be low cost due to the amount of space that was damaged. I was advised that another field tech would come out as well to camera scope the line (free of charge) from inside to outside and then after give me a quote. I agreed to that, and the tech came out and left a quote behind of $6200.00 to do some underground work.

Then after another two techs come out and started the process of water damage restoration. They removed half of my walls, three doors, my floors, and a toilet. I mean half of half of half very small space. Apparently they then disinfected the area they ripped apart, threw all the items they ripped apart out in my lawn and then hook up 15-20 fans to dry the wet area for 2-3 days which ran off my BGE. Came back and obtained their fans and I explained to them water was still leaking and the smell was still strong. I then receive an invoice for $4800.00 for the horrible work that was done and on top of it all it was not and I mean was not nowhere near $4800.00 worth work they had done.

Rotor Rooter requested the check from my insurance and it was sent to me to endorse. I refuse to give them the check for that amount because as little as the space was they ripped apart it again. Was not worth $4800.00. Due to me not doing that they then requested another check from MY insurance for $4200.00. Had it sent to them directly and called me and ask can I sign it. I SAID NO. FOR WHAT? My house is a mess and I'm not pleased with the anything that was done. Drop that price.

Days later a supervisor comes out because I was very pissed with the invoice, water was still leaking from somewhere and the work was not satisfying and he stated he understands. He then agrees that he still smells the odor and had the tech cut another portion of my floor. They then spray something and place another fan there for 2 days. A few weeks go by. They then email me another invoice for $5400.00 with the $699 they said they weren't going to charge me. "SCAMMERS". I can’t afford a contractor to repair the damages Roto-Rooter did and I refuse to allow my insurance company to pay them when they did NOT anything worth $4800.00 and now the repairs are damn near double to be fixed. My insurance is not trying to give me more money to repair the damages either. Now these scammers are trying to threaten to put a LIEN ON MY HOUSE for NOTHING! DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY! I'm fighting this.

Get expert buying tips about Online Bathroom Fixtures and Plumbing delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

We called Roto-Rooter to come clean our kitchen sink in our condo. Unfortunately I (as the owner) wasn't there and the tenants authorized the work not knowing any better. Then they call and tell me it's $599 for the drain clean! What is this robbery?! I will never call them again. I even called the company and they told me $599 is their standard cost for a drain clean. How can that be when everyone else charges between $150-250? This wasn't even emergency service!

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

This company is horrible! Technician could not get the snake to clear main line from house and advised $400 to camera scope the line. I said I could not afford that, and suddenly it was free. Second tech (first guy’s boss) comes out and scopes the line (a lot of TP remains and foam from foaming root killer I had put in the night before). Claims line needs hydro-jetting in order to proceed at a cost of $1200!

I state I can’t afford, and presto, price is now down to $800, and then $800 with current service charge of $300+ being credited towards the jetting. But ultimately, they advised me they could not clean the line, and not to put much water down drain until they could come out the next day (for $800). But lo-and-behold, when I examined the line after they left, and run some water down the drain, the debris they left behind in the line flushed out and blockage completely gone. So, they were just lining their pockets with my misfortune. And since they claimed they could NOT clean my line, and left with the assumption the clogged line was not fixed, why then was I charged over $300 for NOTHING! DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

Called this company to come help us out with a clog in our sewer line. They charged us $500 to use a snake and camera and didn’t even fix our clog! Instead they quoted us $4400 to dig up our basement in order to fix it. After contacting other plumbers we realized we got scammed. How does anyone recommend this company? I surely will be advising everyone I know to stay away from them. Now I’m out $500 that I could have used for groceries for my family. They should be ashamed! of themselves.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Roto-Rooter?

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

They said they may not be able to clean drain if the pipe is damaged. So they charged me $325 for doing NOTHING cause my drain was collapsed. And then another guy from Roto-Rooter came by gave me a FREE inspection on my drain pipe with camera equipment for 5 min. The repair estimate was more than 7k (what a joke). So I would recommend you to ask them for a free estimate on drain pipe FIRST and then ask them to clean it up if it is repairable. Or don't just ask them to work for you. They will charge you $325 for NOT COMPLETING WORK.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

Called for a leaky faucet and standing water in a cabinet. A technician came for approximately 5 minutes, opened up the cabinet and said that he thought that the dishwasher drain was clogged and, as a result, water was backing up into the cabinet under the sink. Although my husband pointed out where the leak was, the technician dismissed his concern regarding the faucet. After he left, my husband reached out to the company to address the drain clog. While waiting for that technician to arrive water was dripping along the garbage disposal. As such, the company sent another technician to determine whether the garbage disposal was the cause of the water in the cabinet.

The technician arrived and immediately told us that we needed a new garbage disposal. We were pretty surprised that a three year old disposal needed to be replaced. When we mentioned this the technician, he brushed us off and said it was strange but it could happen. In fact when we mentioned the faucet to the second technician he suggested that we purchase a new faucet and he would install it for us. Three days later, our basement ceiling was leaking water onto the carpet. Two new technicians came and fixed the actual issue in about 10-15 minutes. The damage is estimated between 2 and 5 thousand dollars and the company failed to take any responsibility for the damage that occurred during those three days. Furthermore, getting someone to respond to us was extremely difficult and we had to call several times.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

On Wednesday, September 19, 2018, Roto-Rooter representative Gau came out to my house give a free estimate on my plumbing issues which was a clogged laundry room sink. He made the issue out to be more serious than what it was by mentioning my sewer and that it was something I could not do myself. I called out from my job thinking this was going to be a long process based upon the quote and treatment that was needed. Gau snaked the drain in 10 minutes and poured Drano down the sink. I asked him was that it and mentioned this was something I could have done myself. He does not control the pricing and it is a typical fee for Roto-Rooter to charge $504.66. I do not want another single female to be taken advantage. This is expensive service charge for snaking drain. Roto-Rooter should not mislead people on what services needed to clear an issue.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

Real Easy. Roto-Rooter came to my house to inspect water in the basement that originated from a large rainfall, and entered the basement from the basement floor. The basement is unfinished, had 5 appliances, and hardly any real clean up. The crew stated they would arrive on Monday. Monday turned into Tues. No phone calls. Then Wednesday turned around. They finally showed up at 12:30 ish...and worked till 9:30 in 1200sqf bare 8" block concrete slab environment. I removed the water, which was up to 2 feet in some places with 4 1/2 HP submersible pump I bought, cleaned up most all the mess from cardboard boxes and some dirt and gravel that backfilled from a drain that jetted Glynwood silt loam into the basement, and I had that basement very clean.

They worked doing who knows what for 5 hours while they waited on air circulation fans to arrive, put up more lights than in the movie ET, threw my collection of antique chisels, gouges and other antique tools valued at over $1500 in a wet trash bag that allowed them to rust and lose ID tags. Even after telling to leave all the tools on the ping pong table, along with $2000 worth of other collectibles, my Keurig, wet/dry vac...and more. That were 100% fine as they were never in the water, then chilled out. Put out the fans, used my pumps to pump out the water from their 3 dehumidifiers that drained into my new 30 gallon trash bucket. They had to use my 12 gauge extension cords, 5500W generator as they kept popping the breakers with their faulty equipment that leaked water as they had insufficient hose length, then finished up, left wet cardboard, Xmas paper wrapping, and 2 trash bins full that they were supposed to haul away.

I had to clean up their mess they left behind and evaluate the damage they did as they stripped the paint off my floor and ruined my belongings that were supposed to be put in plastic tubs...and left. They came back 3X to check on things, never took any of the trash as they should have, then picked up their equipment nearly 24 hours late, including 12 fans they stacked up using my basement as a storage unit.

Then sent a $6800.00 bill, and the contract I supposedly signed via DocuSign. The signature by my name is not even close to my name, or my writing style, the initials that were supposedly mine were "22", and even filled out the satisfaction form and dated it on the day they began the service, not 5 days later after they were "done". The signature that is supposedly mine has a character that matches the Roto-Rooter tech's character, and the only distinguishable character in his signature. All documents had the same date, signature, and fraud. They also keep asking me for the claim #. Let's see where this one goes.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

On Sept. 22, 2018 Roto-Rooter of Cincinnati came to my home to unclog an outside sewer line. Their equipment broke inside my line and they refused to refund my money or remove the piece of broken equipment which caused a much worse issue than before they came. I had to hire another reputable company to finish the job and clean up their broken mess. When I asked Roto-Rooter what they would do to get their equipment out of my line their response was "We're done here." I would never recommend this company for anything.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

This is the second time I feel like my business has been taking advantage of. Was charged over $800 dollars to install an sink faucet and drain. Ridiculous. Ask what service we needed Tech showed-up, of course had no parts on the truck to fix problem, so extra charge for getting parts. We will never use this over price company, that's not providing any outstanding service that you wouldnt be getting from another company.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

Roto-Rooter came to my house to clear a clogged sewer pipe for me. The Roto-Rooter tech should have used a camera to evaluate the problem, but instead he started "Roto-Rooting" my pipes. Thus, the Roto-Rooter tech broke my pipes and made the situation worse. I ended up replacing all my pipes no thanks to Roto-Rooter. In the end, I paid Roto-Rooter $188.00 to come to my house and break my pipes. Not cool...

Brian,

We appreciate your feedback and wish to talk to you as soon as we can. Please email me your full-service address including zip code so that I can look into this as soon as possible. My email address is Pat.Swanson@rrsc.com. Please also include a copy of this review.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 23, 2018

Clogged kitchen sink. Technician spent total 10-15 minutes unclogging with Rooter and "their proprietary chemical" and charged around $375!!! Big name, big company, takes advantage of its customers. Never again.

Jennie,

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

I called Roto-Rooter to have kitchen sink unclogged and the man told me I had mud in my pipes. He crawled under the house and came back with a P-trap and said, "This is what fell off from the sink." Told me that my pipes were crumbling. They needed replaced for about 45 feet plus tunneling to get under to do this at a cost of $16,0000. Got a second opinion and there is NOT a leak, the piece of plumbing he brought up from under the house had been there from when the previous owners had replaced the plumbing before. These RIP offs were going to take me for money we don't have! This can't be legal! And I will be looking into this legally!

Marsha,

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

Need a new toilet. Roto-Rooter was recommended by Home Advisor, they are the biggest ripoffs. Going quoted 791 dollars for replacement of toilet plus they charge 50 dollars to come out to give a ridiculous estimate. Do not call them Roto-Rooter in Middleboro, Mass.

Paul,

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

Main drain plugged between toilet and septic tank 20 feet away. Rotor Rooter workers said septic tank was full, did nothing and departed leaving a $292 charge on credit card. We called in a reputable Sanitation Co. to pump the tank as they said was necessary. They inspected the situation and said the septic tank and drain field were 100% OK. Only thing wrong was the main drain from house to septic tank (20 feet) was plugged. A few hard pull by me s with a good plunger and the drain was open. $292 wasted on these worthless clowns from Roto-Rooter. Totally incompetent people. All they cared about was getting their $292. and running away... FAST. Talked to Patty (owner). She said she knew what her "technicians" had done, was VERY SORRY but was not willing to refund the sky high charge. I recommend calling a plumbing person you know and trust. Roto Rooter is not to be trusted. Stay clear of RipOff Rooter of Battle Creek Michigan.

David,

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

Hope this gets to someone who cares. I discovered water in master bedroom. I called Roto-Rooter and they convinced me to file a claim to my insurance directly. They had me sign a 4 page agreement. The Roto-Rooter Plumber stayed in my house until he had the insurance claim number and he called the water mitigation team to remove the damaged laminate floor. They also placed drying machines. The insurance did refuse to pay Roto-Tooter. Root-Rooter did send me a letter asking me to pay them as per a signed agreement. They have an invoice of 4000$. Please do not sign any paper with them if they conscience you to go through insurance.

William,

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

I contacted Roto-Rooter after trying a local plumber and still having water leak into our finished basement while running our washing machine. Their field supervisor came to our house the next day, Friday, to run the camera in our lines. Upon arrival he discovered a collapsed pipe under the concrete in our basement.

On Saturday he returned to talk about our options, which was to excavate a 6’ long trench and replace the cast iron pipe with PVC. He gave us an estimate of $7120. My husband and I were shocked! We asked him if people usually get second opinions and voiced that it seemed high for the work being done. He explained that the bulk of the cost was labor and assured us all of the expense except $200-$300 would be covered by our home owners insurance. He then informed us of a loan through GreenSky that was available so we wouldn’t have to use our savings and then we could pay it off when the insurance money came in. We opted for that option so we wouldn’t have to touch our savings which would only cover half the repairs anyway.

Before the field supervisor left he told us he had someone coming out and would text when he was on his way. He also said that once they had the damaged pipe removed he would return and run his camera the rest of the way before they put the new pipe in. That evening someone arrived, with no notice at 4:45, worked no more than an hour and said he would return the next morning to finish the job.

Sunday morning comes and goes and I text the field supervisor around noon to ask if anyone was coming and he informs me that no one is and they would resume Monday. Two different men arrive Monday at 11:30, leave at 12:45 to get parts and are gone until 2pm. They end up removing a pipe about 36”-38” long, mind you my estimate was for the removal of 5’ of pipe.

Before they replace and fill the hole I ask if the field supervisor will be returning to inspect the rest of the pipe as he stated he would and the guy says “He told me everything is good to go”. So they filled the hole with Quik-Concrete and finished around 5:15. When they left there was chunks of dirt all over my carpet, dirt and scuff marks on my walls, and a hole cut out of my drywall behind the washer to get their camera out. That Thursday I excitedly did a load of laundry. When I went down to switch it to the dryer I checked the carpet just to be sure and to my horror it was wet. I immediately texted the field supervisor and told him since it was in the same area that they supposedly fixed. He came the next day at noon and attempted to run his camera down our washer drain, only then realizing his camera doesn’t even work.

Although his camera wasn’t even functioning he was already planning to dig up my basement again to fix what he assumed was a connective issue between the old and new pipe, openly admitting that he believe the water was coming from a portion of pipe they were supposed to fix. He returns the next day with a working camera and tells me everything looks good but they can run the camera further to see if there are other issues. Expecting more of our money of course, as if $7,120 wasn’t enough to not even fix our problem. I have spoken to the manager and he has not offered any help other than to do more work for more money. I believe this company is dishonest, unprofessional, overpriced, and more importantly does subpar work. I will never recommend them to anyone and I am contacting the Attorney General to file a claim.

Shianne,

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

Office management continues to dispatch people when told NO. Employees gain unauthorized access to commercial property when you say no... and ask them to have the office call you. I am now poised to begin criminal action against the Syracuse office of Roto-Rooter. Buyer beware... In Syracuse call DBR Plumbing for a better experience.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

Roto-Rooter came out for a sewer repair project for the property across the street from mine. They had to dig up the street to do the repair. My house and property were NOT a part of this sewer repair but was used to store stone on the sidewalk and for them to drive their equipment across my sidewalk. The stone was stored for a whole day in front of my front door steps blocking a fire/emergency exit. When they were finishing up the sewer repair they scrapped the stone off the sidewalk using their mini excavator gouging the concrete, ripping up part of the surface and ripping out parts of the curb and now refuse to replace it. They also had mud across the entire sidewalk that they did not cleanup. Roto-Rooter and Dilks Plumbing and Sewer are the worst and should never be used.

Tom,

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

I had Roto-Rooter come over for a “free estimate” due to water coming up through my basement floor after heavy rain. I am not sure if it is a drain issue or water proofing issue so I figured I would start with the cheaper option. I was wrong. They wanted to charge me $250 just to send a camera down the pipes and another $500 or so to flush the pipes with a hose. I advised the gentlemen that I would not be using their service due to the high price. The one gentleman seemed upset by this and asked me what I thought I should have to pay for the service. Seems a bit pricey don’t you think?

Ken,

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

After heavy rain we discovered we not only had flooding in our basement but also a backed up drain preventing the water from going anywhere. The only plumber we could get to show up within a reasonable time frame was Roto-Rooter, who snaked the drain, failed to clear it, charged us $300 and called in wave two of their “experts”. Who ran a longer snake, found nothing, and opted to run a camera down the line to find the issue. Fees are racking up at this point. They “see a blockage”, which they assume is a collapsed pipe (they’re old, terra-cotta pipes, so the possibility doesn’t seem unlikely) and inform us they have to dig through our driveway to replace it.

We’re now up to $8500 in work and repairs, but there is now rainwater and sewage backing up into our basement and we can’t flush the toilet for fear of it getting worse, so they have us by the balls and they know it. They dig, find that the pipe is in fact NOT collapsed, broken, or even cracked, but replace it anyway. They then inform us it must be further down the line, we’ll need to dig in my neighbor’s yard to find and replace the pipe. At this point fees are already stacking up, so we see no reason to not spend a little more on a second opinion. Call up a local plumber, with a longer snake and cutter. He cuts right through the blockage and clears the pipe for $200. Roto-Rooter was not happy and suspiciously defensive that we had someone else solve the problem they failed to fix.

While explaining to multiple techs and managers, they admitted there were other options besides digging up perfectly good pipe, but we didn’t ask for them (because we’re not plumbers. How would we know to ask?). So the long and short of it is they completely took advantage of people in a sticky situation to “upsell” services that did not need to be rendered. If you ever think of calling Roto-Rooter for a plumbing job, just flush 6 times as much money as you’d think you’re willing to spend on the work needed directly down your toilet, then call another plumbing service to come clear those pipes. You’ll still come out having wasted less money and time than having to deal with the scam artists that are Roto-Rooter.

Alesis,

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

I have a backyard storm drain which is essential to prevent rain water from flooding my backyard. I called to have it cleaned out, as it has been slow. There are four smaller drains which were working fine. When they arrived they charged me $900 to clean the four smaller drains, and then gave me an estimate of $2,300 to replace the large, essential drain. I almost agreed, since it is a problem when it backs up. The next week I asked my regular lawn maintenance folks to look it over. He noted that there was mud in the trap and said that PVC pipes were not likely to break in the way Roto-Rooter described. Needless to say that the pipe was not broken, and the lawn folks cleaned it without charging me anything.

Carol,

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

I am posting for my best friend, I am SO ANGRY with the ethics or lack thereof. She had sewer backup on a weekend after moving in. Tired, frustrated, she called Roto Rooter. Knowing their reputation I should have stopped her. She has roots from an apple tree in her main line. They ran a camera to show her. They STILL sold her on the super jet job, at almost 1000 bucks. Anyone will tell you jets are not effective against roots, should be used for grease or sand. Twisting drain cleaner should have been used. Then told her they didn't have correct equipment to reach the roots almost 30 feet, charged her almost 1000 bucks anyway, told her too bad. Two weeks later she's backed up again. This company deserves their tawdry reputation. Senior citizens beware, they particularly prey on you.

Virginia,

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

About three years ago, Roto-Rooter replaced a section of sewer pipe under our condo building. We recently had our catch basin cleaned and the sewer line rodded. Discovered the line had failed again at the same point as the Roto-Rooter repairs. Shouldn’t replacement pipe last longer than this? Does Roto-Rooter back up their work and for how long?

Thomas,

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

I called Roto-Rooter to clear a clog. The technician looked at my cleanout in the yard, and without running any water declared that the problem was not in the outside but in the toilet. $629.00 to remove toilet and clear the clog. The price included a camera inspection (the next day). Two hours after the guy left the bathtub backed up. Next day; camera crew says they found another blockage. This time he said he could not pinpoint the blockage, but it must be somewhere near the edge of the property, he said to call the county and see if they could find the blocked area.

I called the county water authority, they came out within one hour, and within 15 minutes located the clog six feet into the street. Over 18 feet from where these incompetent technicians said that it "maybe". If you have problems with your sewer lines DO NOT CALL ROTO-ROOTER! Besides being outright dishonest, they lack the knowledge to handle the simplest of jobs.

Robert,

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

Restoration dept came first despite we clearly said we didn't needed it. After $416 to unclog with 6 mo warranty, a "camera guy" came to inspect the pipe and wanted to take away the guarantee because we needed to remove 1/32" "sludge" from a 4" drain pipe! This is a completely unethical way of conducting business! I wonder how many elderly, unprepared and/or unknowing individuals fall prey of these tactics! Do yourself a favor and DO NOT CALL ROTO-ROOTER! You will have to pay out the nose for a simple rooting and then some, otherwise you lose the "warranty". Shame!

Jose,

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

We had installed a new faucet and drain in our downstairs bathroom and realized it didn’t fit quite right into the PVC drain pipe. We were looking for someone to come and redo the drain piping under the sink. Not a huge job, but something I didn’t want to deal with doing myself after a very long week of work. We called Roto-Rooter because we figured with a well known name, they’d be fast, courteous and able to do the job that day while I was at work and it wouldn’t disturb my wife too much who works from home. The plumber was very condescending to my wife and was absolutely trying to pinch every penny we had. He spoke in a very confusing, and urgent way, making it seem like there was a lot more going on than there really was. He turned a $200 job into an almost $900 bill, double charging us, calling it “two separate jobs”. He also tried to sell us a whole house water filter to clear up sedimentation.

While looking at the water meter in the basement, he said we needed to get our water meter replaced ASAP, which he claimed cost an extra $2700. He actually threatened that if he were to call the city that it wouldn’t be up to their code of standards, and that we’d have to have our water shut off until they fixed it. When my wife said we didn’t have that kind of money just laying around he responded in a antagonistic tone saying “well you gotta figure out a way to find some!”

He was at our house for just about 2 hours, but was in his truck for over 45 minutes, while leaving a putrid chemical smell to waft through the house without telling my wife he was going outside. She could smell it from the other side of the house and had to open the windows and turn on the fans to air it out. Overall, he did a great job with the work, but really did everything he could to intimidate and take advantage of my wife who was already in an anxious state (over his confrontational approach and the exorbitant bill), trying his best to justify charging $900 for a 1 hour, job with $25 worth of parts.

When I got home, I called the office to speak with a supervisor to let them know we were double charged and try to get our money back for the “extra” job we were billed for. The plumber had added in a new stopper for the drain, saying it was going to be sturdier than the one we had put in, but we hadn’t asked him to even do this, and this is what was invoiced as the “extra job” costing an additional $400. I spoke with Karen, a woman who was so apathetic and relentless she would not let me get a word in. She was so catty, had no sympathy for our situation, said he did everything by the book, and scoffed at my sincere feelings that the plumber was trying to scare and intimidate my wife to make her think the job should cost more than it really was worth.

Karen was so argumentative that I gave up even trying to plead my case with her. She even insinuated my wife of being stupid, saying she should have been able to see and understand everything written on the invoice because she could read it in under 30 seconds “so where’s the disconnect with your wife” (even though when the plumber was explaining things to her he was doing so very fast and trying to blow over the fact that he was charging us twice for the same thing).

After getting off the phone, she called back a few minutes later, saying the plumber actually coincidentally came to the office and she conferred with him about my discrepancies on the invoice. She basically called back just to argue with me more. I could hear her seething through her fake smile and condescending “nice” voice. She offered me a $40 coupon to be applied to the bill. I said that was insulting and that doesn’t make up for the extra $400 charge for literally nothing. I finally gave up and got off the phone. This turned a what would have been nice afternoon for myself and my wife into a stressful evening full of negative energy leftover from the plumber in our house as well as Karen the supervisor giving me the worst customer service I have had in my entire life. Stay away folks.

Customer Satisfaction Manager

Original review: Aug. 23, 2018

Roto-Rooter in Richmond VA - The service was great, the customer service rep Tammy was kind and had a positive attitude. Chris and Evan came out to my home in a timely manner. They were very knowledgeable and professional. They fixed the problem and saved me thousands. Thanks.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

I called Roto-Rooter to come out because my bathroom sink and shower were backing up with water. They sent a technician who recommended we have someone come with a camera to try and diagnose the problem (which I found out later was a $485 charge!!!). We waited almost two hours and within ten minutes of showing up the camera man said the pipe was collapsed and we would need to replace the line for $3500. Neither of them EVER went under my house to see what the pipes looked like. Got a second opinion. Pipes turned out to be partially new and other company unclogged my drain in 15 minutes for free. Roto-Rooter is extremely dishonest!!! Absolutely would not recommend them under any circumstances!!! Worst experience ever and total waste of money.

Vanessa,