Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Roto-Rooter Reviews

Original review: Jan. 5, 2020

It started with a plugged kitchen sink and ended up a major broken pipe. Happened on the 23rd of December and they still had someone come out same day, then on the 24th and 26th. Involved different departments starting with Kawika (initial contact), then Chris (confirming pipe break) and Noa (the one excavating foundation and yard). Everyone was empathetic, professional and full of aloha. I would recommend them to anyone.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2019

Matt (3281) came early for the appointment and listened carefully as I explained my leak problem. He asked a few questions and diagnosed the problem. He explained what he was going to do and why it would fix the problem. He went to work and after finishing he had me check the fix he made. IT WORKED! I would highly recommend Matt based on my experience.

Get expert buying tips about Online Bathroom Fixtures and Plumbing delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

Came home late from my mother's wake and heard noises in the back bedroom. Next day, walked around and realized I had water spraying hard under the house. I contacted 16 plumbers in the area and none could come for the least of 5 days. Called Roto-Rooter and the next morning they had Sam here. I had an Expansion Tank under the house burst. I am a single 62 year old woman, with no family really close to help. Sam explained everything and showed me pictures and the tank when it was removed. He did a fantastic job in a timely manner. And the price was much better than I expected. I will be calling Roto-Rooter for all my plumbing needs in the future.

Original review: March 31, 2019

Roto-Rooter came out to my house and gave me a quote on a repair. I had been dealing with this problem for many years. Every 6 months my drains would back up. Eddie was able to explain everything in detail as to how they planned to fix my repair. It was a bit pricey but I haven't had any more problems. I'm not made of money, but they did provide me with finance options that made it easier for me to get my home fixed.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

Wis was amazing, very professional and very hardworking young man. He told me exactly what he going to do to solve the problem and he made sure that everything was running well before he left. Thank you Wis.

Roto-Rooter response

Thank you!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Roto-Rooter?

Original review: Jan. 26, 2020

My home developed a water hammer problem. I called several plumbers but Roto-Rooter was able to come out the next day so I went with them. The technician came to my home while I was at work so my wife had to handle it. He replace two RPVs and put in a little relief tank. Parts were approximately $273. Here is where it becomes outrageous - he charged me $417/hr for labor. My wife had thought he said it would be $417 for the whole job - not $834. A complete rip off.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2020

My bathroom overflowed and didn’t drain. The tech came here and looked 1 minute and said “your sewer lateral is blocked”. He said it would be $369.00. The issue was fixed but I noticed the toilet didn’t flush correctly. It was slowly draining. Two days later the bathroom overflowed again. I called Rotor Rooter and I asked them to come again. I asked about charges and they said “that is between you and the Tech”. How can they not answer a simple question.

To make matters worse, the area where he snaked it from now has water flowing from there. A problem I didn’t have before. They said the tech would call me in a couple of hours and here I am 6 hours later and no one has called. When I called their “customer service” they just hung up on me. 2 times. So here I am with a bathroom I cannot use in any way, and a company that doesn’t stand behind their work. And I get the sneaky suspicion that the tech will want to charge me again claiming it is a different issues. If you ask this company to be upfront with you, they won’t. First time I used their services and it will be my last.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

After taking my morning shower I was unable to get my hot water to shut off. I ended up having Roto-Rooter come to fix the leak. They said they would charge me $75 just for coming out and would take that off my bill if they did the repair. They couldn’t give me an hourly rate because they charge by the job. Long story short they did fix the leak. It took them less than 20 minutes and charged over $300. And they connected the water backwards. Of course they will come and fix that at no charge but how can I afford more time off work after being charged such an exorbitant fee? I don’t make that much in a day let alone 20 minutes. If you have to use them just make sure to get quotes from someone else first. I would never use this company again!!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2020

Call 1 ask for leak detection, get plumber. He found the leak. 800.00 to fix it in writing opened the stucco, found 3 pin holes then refused to repair. Said I needed all new pipes 11k. 2nd call, ask for leak detection. Sent out a plumber. Asked why it wasn't fixed by 1st plumber, I advised ask for a leak detection person. The 2nd plumber called in and they sent one out. Leak detection person came out, advise no other leaks. It was exactly where the first plumber found them. Then call them again 3rd call to see when they were coming out to fix it. Was told Friday between 8-10.. About 12:45 call and was advised Sam would call me. I felt better. Thought the purpose of his trip was to repair the leak. Sam called and said he be here by 2. I was taken back. He did not come in a truck but a older car.

When he got out I asked why did he not come in a truck? He said he did not drive a truck. I thought maybe he was a supervisor, but I know all big companies their supervisors drive a company car. I said, "You're here to fix the leak." He said NO. I asked him if it was a joke. He said no. I showed him where it was leaking. He said he was there to give a estimate! I said they already gave me one 800.00. I was so upset. He looked said said 1800.00. That is 1k more from the estimate. He was arrogant and said if I did not want to use them don't. I said I am not told he can leave. I live in Pasco County Fl. I called RJ Kielty. I called them Sat. They came out Sunday, gave me a price of $500.00 plus tax. In 1 hour done. RJ Kietly rep did the same exact thing Sam said they would do. BUT 1300.00 cheaper.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2019

Main drain in basement needs to be cleared/snaked. I had been using a pump for hours and it was still overflowing. Called at 11am, was given a window of 12-4pm. They called around 3 to tell me they were "behind" but would keep me updated. Called again around 5 to say they were still behind. I called to check on an eta around 7 and they said earliest would be 8 or 9pm. Then they cancelled at 7:45. They actually tried to reschedule for 12-4 pm tomorrow. Are you kidding me? Wasted an entire day and that was the best they could offer? Don't waste your time. Call anyone else!

Roto-Rooter Company Information