Find an Online Bathroom Fixtures and Plumbing partner

Help me decide

3.5/5 (620 ratings)
Find an Online Bathroom Fixtures and Plumbing partner
Banner image

Need help with a bathroom project?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

About Roto-Rooter

Banner image

Need help with a bathroom project?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Roto-Rooter Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Roto-Rooter?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Roto-Rooter?

Original review: Oct. 3, 2021

Comal Farms Area - Plumbers that post 24/7 EMERGENCIES on their websites DO NOT come out on Saturdays even in EMERGENCIES for old people that live alone. This is why I have learned where ALL of the water shut off valves are for my manufactured home. There I was on my hands and knees on a damp lawn with a flashlight in my mouth jury-rigging tools to shut off the main valve. I have to spend from Friday eve throughout the weekend without running water.

Roto-Rooter response

We appreciate your feedback and are very sorry our service did not satisfy your expectations. Please email me your full-service address, including the zip code, so that I can look into this issue as soon as possible. My email is Pat.Swanson@rrsc.com. Please also include a copy of this review.

Customer Satisfaction Manager

Original review: Oct. 2, 2021

I called for a clogged toilet. They said they can’t fix it. Then they said they fixed it. They asked $600. They want a payment now but don’t want to give me the invoice first. It looks odd. Then they said I need hydrojet cleaning and asked $3000. I shown I was not following them anymore. Then they said $1200 in total. They want I pay $600 first. Then someone else will come the evening. I said I will paid when the job is done when the other technician will come to do his job and everything is working properly. They don’t want. They called their boss. He didn’t let me talk through speaker and said if I don’t want to pay he will put a lien on the property. They left. End of the story.

I had to call another plumber to unclog the toilet. After that was fixed. And called hydrojetting company to clean the pipe. Still waiting for service. Just be careful. Those people are not honest. They don’t provide invoices with the correct information. I guess I will find out a invoice with forge signature and name through court! It’s gonna get ugly.

Customer Satisfaction Manager

Get buying tips about Online Bathroom Fixtures and Plumbing delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2021

Called them for a leaking pipe from my shower. They came in and said gave me an estimate of $5,500 which included destroying my kitchen to fix leak. Another plumber came out and did the job for $450???

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Sept. 29, 2021

My experience with Roto-Rooter has been horrible from the start and it is not even close to finished. My husband and I are both retired disable veterans older couple with 2 of my grandchildren living in our household. Roto-Rooter came to our house for the first time on Sept 4, 2021, for leaky pipes and Sept 8, 2021, for snake line, which caused more harm than good. Basement flooded with septic waste and these guys left and wrote a ticket for $1007,00 that the issue was fix. Later that evening tubs, toilets, shower, continue to back up and in the basement the entire basement was flooded, it took Roto-Rooter 5 days to come back out to our house.

Reason the flooding; an unsupervised trainee left off the cap to the clean - out drainpipe. Contacted manager Purell to submit claim for damage to our property; he doesn’t believe his technicians cause damage. Instead of owning mistake, he believes in covering up for his technicians; said have no reason technician should touch clean-out drainpipe. 16 Sep 2021 Roto-Rooter Finally cleared unclogged the septic line. Shame on this company and to disrespect Disable Veterans is a disgrace. If they do this us, they will do this to other veterans! I don’t recommend this company to Veterans.

Customer Satisfaction Manager

Original review: Sept. 28, 2021

Changed my water filter, and broke unit. Now the unit is leaking non-stop and stated that it was because I tried to do it myself. Very unsatisfied, and after $300, I will have to get a new whole house unit and replace it with another company. Horrible service, never again. Please avoid this company at all cost.

Customer Satisfaction Manager

Original review: Sept. 15, 2021

We called them to come out and look at a leak at our water meter. They came out and said they would not just fix the valve that we needed to replace the whole line and it would cost 3100. We had another plumber come out. He fixed it for $300 same day in under an hour.

Customer Satisfaction Manager

Original review: Sept. 8, 2021

Roto-Rooter guy comes out, pulls toilet, does main line cleanout, says camera will show later, camera guy does not show. I call dispatch, they say camera guy will come tomorrow between 7am and 8am. It's tomorrow now and it's 850 am still no camera guy. I called dispatch this morning 3 times and got put on hold and then cut off, longest hold time before cut off was 7.5 min. Really, for a job that cost $620 I think I should be treated better than this. I am going to dispute the charge with my credit card company because they did not complete the job.

Customer Satisfaction Manager

Original review: Sept. 6, 2021

Never again! I called Roto Rooter for a clogged kitchen drain and the "technician" spent six hours "cleaning" the drain, charged me $2004 ($334/hour of labor) and not happy with that, asked me to change some pipes for $4800 plus materials and taxes. I refused because it sounded to me like a rip off. Two days later the sink was clogged again. I called them and the "technician" said nothing he could do. I called then a real plumber. Immediately he found the problem (see the picture) and for $500 everything was cleaned and in working order. I complained to Roto Rooter management but they told me they "did the right thing". I guess for them ripping me off is the "right thing" to do because the drain was not working even after six hours of labor and $2000 in charges.

Customer Satisfaction Manager

Original review: Aug. 30, 2021

The ** worst company to call for any drain/sewer problem. They will ** you over and steal your money. They are doing it it me now. Saturday emergency call to "Clear" my backed up sewer line. Snaked a couple times and "Popped" a hole through so when sewage receded, I was told it is "Clear" and "Good to go". Two days later it backed up again. They did not do what was needed but charged me over $600 to "Pop" a hole through the roots. Stupid mother fuckers. They should have just came and did the root cleaning instead of the $600 snake, followed by the "You should get the camera feed" for another $300 and then clean the actual roots for $1,200 more... So they actually wanted over $2,000 ** dollars. I got the money rolled up, wrapped in some tree roots, to shove it up your a-s-s Roto-Rooter. Go ** yourself.

Customer Satisfaction Manager

Original review: Aug. 26, 2021

Do not read reviews on Roto-Rooter website. Don't be fooled. It's impossible to leave a review there!! Staged advertising!! Please....read reviews on the CONSUMER AFFAIRS website. Call a local plumber for your needs. They are not honest nor reliable and charge outlandish fees. Do not sign any contract until you read it. Do not believe what the employee is telling you you're signing. They are not truthful. I will leave another review of my actual experience with these people from the West Seneca, NY branch.

Roto-Rooter response

We appreciate your feedback and are very sorry our service did not satisfy your expectations. Please email me your full-service address, including the zip code, and details of your issue so that I can look into it as soon as possible. My email is Pat.Swanson@rrsc.com. Please also include a copy of this review.

Roto-Rooter Company Information