1.20/5
Based on 109 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Mount Vernon, NY

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 21, 2018

115 Mr. Rooter Plumbing Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

Friday a.m. we discovered a water line leak in the front yard, we called Service Line Warranties to fix it, sent a man with a shovel. He dug a huge hole, said we would need to cut down our 30 plus year old Oak to repair the leak??? Roots were in the way, and still would be, asked what we were supposed to do in the meantime, replied nothing we can do. Called Rescue Rooter next, they sent Gary Saturday. He dug another big hole by our meter and said they wouldn't work on old Quest lines. $5187.00 to replace water line, told them needed more opinions. Gary left, and didn't fill in the hole he dug, neither did SLW! Mr. Rooter sent Carlos out Sunday a.m. He said he would repair the line, hopefully before the rain. I thanked him, we had been without water since Friday a.m. Of course the rains came as he was still trying to locate the leak which he thought was directly under the tree. He should have left then, can't find water leaks in the rain.

Instead Carlos stayed, and in the pouring rain, set up a temporary water line so we could at least have water until he could return to finish repairs!!! This was way above and beyond, especially after the dealings with the previous plumbers... I came home Monday to find Carlos had routed the line around the tree, thus saving it! I was in shock! Carlos worked and dug for hours to accomplish this. Carlos you are an awesome person. If this is any indication of the employees at Mr. Rooter they are greatness! They have a new, and loyal customer! I have never felt the need to write a review of anything until now, but this had to be done! Carlos would take nothing for all his extra time and effort. He said he just wanted to make sure we had water, and we're a Happy Customer. He succeeded in both! Thank you so very much Carlos and Mr. Rooter. A+++. P.S. Carlos also repaired the messes the other plumbers left!

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

I had a problem with my hot water heater. I called the local franchisee of MR. Rooter. My first mistake was that I didn't check the reviews. With a lot of bad reviews I would have known better and stayed away. That was my fault. I blame myself. 2 people came out to repair my water heater. I don't know why they would send 2 people but I should have realized that something was wrong. I showed them the water heater and within 10 seconds they started with "your water heater is old and it's not worth repairing"... Wait a second. I called for a repair and now they are trying to sell me a new water heater. They never even bothered to look at the heater or try to determine what's the matter. They never bothered to bend down and light it or try and do anything. They saw that it was 1 year past the warranted date and then went into selling mode.

The estimate: They emailed me an estimate. All it said was 1 water heater and installation and a price of $1,500.00. There was no make or model number, nothing. In New York we don't do business like this. This is the way scams are done and that's exactly the way Mr. Rooter operates. Let's scam the customer and screw them. I don't know if this is the way that they operate but I called corporate headquarters and nobody responded. The local franchisee charged me $40 to tell me that I needed a new water heater. This is a shady way to do business. The corporate phone number for Mr. Rooter is 254 745 2400 and ask for Linda in customer service. She was very nice. Took all of my information and did nothing.

The DWYER GROUP runs this company as well as a lot of others in the service sector. On their website they talk about VALUES. It is a total joke. It looks good in writing but they do NOT adhere to them. Scam the customer and take their money. Doyle James is the president of Mr. Rooter. He should be ashamed of the way his franchisees operate.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

They advertising 24/7 service, when I called on Sunday February 11 2018, I was told Sunday service was not available. I even called twice to be sure I heard the correct information. Again I was informed no service on Sunday. I mentioned their advertising said 24/7 service. I was told no service on Sunday. I asked what 24/7 meant and did not get an answer. I am Advantage Plan member but this made not difference. This is a complete waste of money. Don't buy the Advantage Plan. This company is a complete fraud.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

Our washer overflowed and we called Mr. Rooter in for help. After inspecting our clean out and going up on the roof and inspecting shafts from kitchen and bathroom, we were told we had a pipe collapsed in 3 places under the slab of our house. Estimated job would be well over 20,000. Paid in 173.00 that day. He indicated he would be back for final estimate. We have never seen him again. We called local plumber, Staas Plumbing to come in. After thorough investigation, he determined there was no collapsed pipe! Blockage repair cost less than 150.00. Don't ever use Mr. Rooter!!!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

We had a clogged tub the day before NYE, they sent a plumber out to unclog the tub precharged $65 for coming out. He gave us the price of $310 for the job. The plumber's machine broke while trying to unclog the tub. The plumber quickly left after notifying us his machine broke. He said someone else would come. They told me it would be a few hours before someone could come. We were leaving for holiday weekend so we had to reschedule for the following Wednesday. We had to wait all morning but a second plumber came unclogged the tub and we paid their fee of the remaining balance of 245. 3 days later it was clogged again, we called again and were told that the last plumber that was there had to be the one to come out if not they would have to charge us all over again.

This was on Saturday, the plumber we needed was off Sunday so they booked him for Monday. Monday morning they called and said he was off Monday as well and they misread his schedule. So now we had to wait until Tuesday for him to come because if they sent someone else we would get charged another 310. We were not happy with this now going a few days with a clogged tub. We decided to call another service because we needed it done ASAP. We canceled the appt with Mr. Rooter. Only after we canceled and said we would write a bad review did they offer to send another tech for free. Which before they couldn’t do. This is just ridiculous. We will never use this service again. They have the worst customer service keeping us waiting for hours and making scheduling mistakes. If you want a problem fixed right the first time don’t call Mr. Rooter in Freehold NJ.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mr. Rooter Plumbing?

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

It was a bad experience with Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Las Vegas. Over the phone, I was quoted $79 to fix a clogged kitchen sink. The plumber was scheduled to arrive between 3-5pm so I took off work two hours early. Kenneth arrived at the door at 4:30pm and the price switched to $225 which was a total rip off. I told the plumber I was not happy but he didn't seem to care. He said "go ahead and write a bad review" so here it is. Needless to say I will never use nor recommend Mr. Rooter.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

This company is a total scam. I wanted a plumber to look at my hot water tank to see if it could be fixed. Only problem was that the pilot light would not stay lit. They called back quickly and arrived on time. That's where the good part stops. The man who arrived was no plumber. He was not dressed to do work, had no tool box and reeked of cigarette smoke.

He removed the doors to the pilot light area, but after one look said I needed a new tank. I asked him to try to light it for me and he was hesitant. Then I told him to check out the parts for possible repair. He told he DIDNT DO THAT!!! What? I hired a plumber who didn't come to fix anything. Then he proceeded to write up an estimate for a new tank at the exorbitant cost of $1391.00. I put him out the door. I wasn't charged, thank goodness for that. Later that evening a friend who knows plumbing came over, replaced a part and now I have hot water. Stay away from Mr. Rooter Plumbing!!!

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

Called Mr. Rooter on 11 Dec to request technician to unclog our drain. Technician arrived I explained the kitchen sink, dishwasher and washing machine would not drain and had standing water. He quoted me 200.00 to unclog and I agreed. After about 15 minutes he provided me an update stating that I had a broken pipe under my house. I asked for a quote and he came back with 10,700. Since I was in the middle of planning my Mother's funeral and had company on the way I explained that a temporary fix would have to work for now and I would get back with him later on the broken pipe. I paid him 200.00 and he left. The sink had drained, but the dishwasher and washing machine still had standing water. I turned the sink on and it would not drain.

The next day my Husband rented a machine and had all three unclogged and draining within the hour. To rent the machine it was 22.00. When we called the company back (Mr. Rooter) the guy said "Uh, oh well would you like to speak with my boss" and during the transfer of phone we were disconnected. I would not recommend this company. I feel like they took saw that I was vulnerable due to the loss of my mother and then took advantage of the situation. Shame on you Mr. Rooter.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

I called them out to take a look at our kitchen sink. When they arrived I explained what issues we were having and the technician said it would be an easy fix and should only take about 20 minutes. I asked how much and he told me it would be $391.00. I told him that I thought that was exorbitant and he said that, "I don't set the prices, I just go by what our system says." I called the office and asked for a manager and explained the same thing to him. He even seemed surprised by the price but then he asked someone else and they confirmed the same price. I explained to him that I thought the price was way too high for 20-30 minutes of work. He then asked me how do I know it will only take that long. I explained to him that even I knew it was only a clogged drain and that his technician told me that's how long it would take.

The manager then allegedly called the technician but could not get a hold of him. He then proceeded to tell me that they factor in the average price for jobs based on regional information. I told him I completely understand that but the price was still too high. He then told me that if the work only took 20-30 minutes then he would discount the job. Twenty seven minutes later the technician was done and requested payment. I informed him that he needed to call the office and he asked "for what". I told him that they said they would be giving me a discount.

The technician goes outside, calls the office and comes back in to tell me I would not be getting a discount and I needed to pay the full amount now that the work was completed. I cannot believe I allowed these people to come in my house and steal from me like this. Their process is likened to a scam. It's designed to drive up their profitability. They use the free estimates to get into your house. Then they bank on the fact that they are the first ones to come out and they are standing in your home and can solve your problem, sometimes. Call anyone but these people. Everyone I have spoken to after the job says it's a $200 job max.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

This company is a complete rip-off. Called them to rod out sewer line, they charged $317 and an hour later, my basement drain had completely backed up again even worse than it was. He told me there were tree roots in the line, understandable. There are 2 big trees in my front yard. He said he was only able to cut thru a little bit and that it was draining but slowly. He recommended hydro jetting which would cost another $1005 so altogether $1300. I had a clean out installed a few years ago for $1500. How does cleaning a line with a power washer cost almost the same as digging up my front yard, tearing out a bush, and installing new pvc? Will NEVER recommend this company to anyone.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

We called Mr. Rooter because we had a leak from our kitchen sink and they responded quickly to my surprise. Mike Farnsworth shows up and gets right to work and doesn't give us an estimate for the work before he started. He ended up replacing a broken pipe in our basement that took 15 minutes and he plunged our tub and sink as well. He wasn't even here for an hour and he charged us $650 dollars! We refused to pay that much because it wasn't reasonable, so he took us to court and he ended up lying in front of a magistrate claiming he worked for 2 hours and did all these repairs, even though after he had left the sink was still leaking and the drains did not work at all!

Long story short the magistrate reduced the bill by half and said the charges were very excessive. Who charges 109 dollars to plunge a sink and still have it not work!? After his loss in court Mike Farnsworth from Mr. Rooter said "I'll see you soon" in a threatening tone. Beware of this fraudulent company and avoid them at all costs! Mr. Rooter has to be the worst company I have ever done business with!

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

We called Mr. Rooter because our water wasn't draining properly and a neighbor said that we needed a new grinder/sewage pump. We told them that we needed a 2 HP pump and they said ok but we had to pay half of the $2350 bill first. Unfortunately we were too trusting by paying the full bill instead. A guy came out with an industrial/commercial pump instead of residential. The plumber worked a full day trying to install it although it was obviously wrong because wiring was different. He finally gave up and called 3 other guys who came to help him for another few hrs. Finally the guy said he needed his supervisor to come because he was good with electronics. The next evening the supervisor came to tell us the store they bought it from had made the mistake but they could make it work with a $2500 control box! When he was told absolutely not he said there was nothing else they could do.

I asked why they couldn't bring correct pump and he said something about pressure problems. The next night they came and took their pump back and gave us a receipt explaining they were taking pump back and we would receive a refund within 7 days. That was 5 weeks ago and they still have not done so. We have called multiple times only to be promised a call back from the business manager with no response. Last week my husband threatened to drive over to their office so the manager took his call. Manager said that we would only get a partial refund because my husband asked for that pump. My husband reiterated that he gave specifications but did not ask for a commercial pump. The call ended with my husband losing his temper and telling him he would see him in court and manager said "ok."

I called the next day but got after hours girl who said she had heard about our dispute and my husband was wrong about the refund, that the business manager was drafting a letter and calculating what we are due. I told her I agree to paying a service charge and 1 hr of labor at the most because the plumber should not have needed 8 hrs to know that he had wrong pump (besides it was labeled on box). She said we would receive a call back but as usual we did not. How can we be charged for a pump we don't even have and for service that didn't even get completed? What do we do now?

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

Poor customer services and left me waiting for days for any feedback, while sewage came into the basement. Had all paperwork and legalities in order to do job but no Mr. Rooter to respond to. Will not ever recommend to others.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

Worst contractor experience ever. Vlad came out to replace a pedestal sink and toilet set in our master bathroom. He cracked our $300+ sink basin and installed the toilet improperly causing hazardous sewer gas to enter our home. We have since purchased a new sink basin and hired a handyman to install it who, to our dismay, found that Vlad had removed the rubber washers from both the hot and cold faucet supply lines. Now we will need to call the handyman back to take apart our brand new toilet to determine what is causing the sewer gas smell.

Vlad was completely unprofessional to boot. He did not bring any of the necessary plumbing supplies to complete our job and kept asking us for basic plumbers supplies like plumbers tape and plumbers putty even though he know what the job was before coming over. He also constantly complained about how stupid and inept his boss is and how horrible the company is to work for. What should have been a simple and straightforward project has now turned into a costly and nightmarish disaster for us. Run fast and far away from Vlad the plumber and don't look back.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

They came out for a running toilet complaint. I was told that the fill valve needed to be replaced, that the toilet tank had to be taken off, & all parts inside needed to be replaced. I was quoted $272.00. Yes I am a woman, but a stupid woman I am not! A brand new toilet can be purchased for $119.00. I called someone else. It turned out to be a leaky flapper ($8.00 part) & it took 5 minutes... $40.00 charge!!! Shame on Mr. Rooter for trying to take advantage of a woman… Beware.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2017

They brag about not charging by the hour but by the job. The most basic of job is several hundred dollars. Just to hook up 2 faucets they wanted almost $800. It truly absurd. I don't know how they stay in business other than stupid rich people that don't pay any attention to pricing or a budget. I should become a plumber so I too can make $400 dollars an hour.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2017

Called for a plumber for a broken kitchen pipe. I can't rate the service because I haven't received it yet. Was supposed to have a plumber out yesterday between 3-5, no show! Called them at 5:30 and was very apologetically rescheduled for the next day 10-12 with a "priority" flag. OK, stuff happens. Well no phone call and no show so far today at 2:30! I have called twice to be told I am "next". Will consider an updated rating IF they ever show and offer good service and compensation for my 2 day/6 hours and counting wait time!

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

We discovered sewage backing up into our garage. We called Mr. Rooter and they came out quickly. The plumber put a camera down the drain and claimed we had a broken sewage pipe in our yard. The repairs would take 3 days, heavy equipment, yard being dug up and would cost $5800. He pumped the drain and warned us not to wait to make the decision because we would have sewage throughout our basement quickly. Luckily, we decided to get a second opinion. The new plumber found absolutely nothing wrong. Suspected there was a clog in the drain that Mr. Rooter cleared. We've not had a problem since.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2017

Do yourself a favor and AVOID this company! Unreliable, irresponsible, and inexperienced staff. DAY ONE: I made an appointment with a technician to receive a quote. The representative arrives, I explain what I need done and he says the job is going to be $320 with parts and labor. Since I needed the job done asap I did not have time to shop around. I also needed the job done before 8 am because I need to open my business by then so I was charged extra for coming in before operating hours. OK, so I make an appointment for the next day at 7 AM. DAY TWO: Technician does not arrive and I receive a call from the owner of the company around 7:30 AM saying that unfortunately he's not going to make it due to a family emergency. He offers me a $50 discount for the inconvenience and promises me he will have another technician at 7 AM sharp. I say OK.

DAY THREE: I arrive at 7 AM sharp and the technician DOES NOT SHOW UP! AGAIN! I try to call the owner but he does not answer my phone calls. I receive a phone call from the technician at 7:50 AM that he's on his way... I tell him it's too late because I need to open my business at 8 AM and I paid extra to get the job done BEFORE then. He explains that he was just informed about the job this morning! He apologizes and would like the opportunity to come in anyways to take a look at the job to see if he can come up with a solution without turning off my gas. The other technician told him it would be a quick and EASY job. I say OK.

He looks at what I need done and quotes me at $376 with the discount! I asked "WHY are you quoting me a higher price than I originally was!?" He said the first technician was wrong and the job I actually need cost more. HOW CAN THE FIRST TECHNICIAN BE WRONG!? He explains the first technician isn't as experienced as he is! SERIOUSLY!? He said I need the adapter from a specific hose and the only way to get that piece is to purchase the entire hose which retails at $245. Which I KNOW that isn't the price he pays for it, and now instead of helping us out for all the inconvenience he's trying to make more money off me by selling me parts I DON'T need! Now that I knew what I needed to get the job done I went online and bought the adapter myself. PAID $33.45!!! MR ROOTER IS A SNEAKY and UNRELIABLE COMPANY! AVOID! Note: The owner still has never returned any of my phone calls. Very unprofessional.

Original review: July 23, 2017

This company is awful. I had a water line break under my house. Rep came after 5:30pm. Started on repairs and stopped and came back a second day. Charged me double for what was quoted. After he leaves and said everything was ok except now there's a leak at the water supply on the city side, then I discover 30 minutes later that neither of my bathrooms have water. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. By the way, my service guy smoked while working under my house which fumigated my house with a new born baby in it. Even after telling him not to smoke, he still did it. Very disrespectful.

Original review: July 22, 2017

A technician was sent out on July 12, 2017 after l had called the Warner Robins office for service. I had stated that I noticed water around my commode; the technician told me what the problem was before touching or looking at anything. He also gave me a price. He said that he replaced a wax seal which is questionable, the commode is less than a year old. Anyway, on the bill, it stated "Remove & Reset Toilet" $185.07. Of course, the problem was not the toilet but the drain from the shower needed to be replaced which was causing the water to flow over around the toilet.

A second technician hastily came in and said that everything looked fine and that the toilet was sealed well and he left after I had called to report that I was experiencing the same problem. I was told the real problem when the supervisor came out with the original technicians. Actually, the first technician who supposedly had fixed my problem mentioned that he had noticed a leak from the shower after he had taken my payment and was leaving. He even told me that they would deduct the $185.07 from the $600 that it would cost to fix the shower drain after the supervisor had come out and told what was causing the water around the commode. I was left wondering did the technician already know that the problem was not the commode but the shower. Needless to say, I was out of money that I could have used to fix my problem. I am thankful that I have gotten the problem fixed for a cost that was less than the $600 - $185.07.

Original review: June 11, 2017

I had a water heater go out on a cold, blustery weekend in Dec 2012. Mr. Rooter advertised that they didn't charge extra for outside of normal business hours. They installed a "best brand on the market" State Select water heater and sold me their 3 year service plan for $1100. I knew this was expensive because I had replaced one in my old house a few years before. 4 1/2 years later, the "best brand on the market" water heater began leaking.

First untrained professional who had to call his supervisor at least 4 times charged me $300 to replace the pressure valve, but he had to go to Menards to buy the part. Once he had the part, it took him 15 minutes to replace it. I went to Menards later that night and found the part for $15. It wasn't the valve, so he drained the tank and said he would have to bring a new one the next day. The first one was under warranty, so I agreed to let them bring a new one, but they were going to charge me $800 to install it!!! I talked to a neighbor who works for a different company and he said it shouldn't cost more than $350 total to install the water heater, and he nearly fell over when I told him about the $300 charge to replace the pressure valve.

Anyway, I called Mr. Rooter to tell them to drop off the replacement and I would have someone else install it. Surprisingly they were able to come down to what I would have paid the other company. They then said they would try to fit me into their schedule that day. I had to tell them that their employee drained my tank and I had to miss a day's work already. I will never use that company again!! I will say though that their employees were very nice, but generally, repair technicians are nice anyway.

Original review: May 30, 2017

Our hot water went out and we called to have someone look at it. They came out to our house and didn't even open anything or check anything out. He said our tank was from 1999 and our house is only 11 years old. The tank should be from 2006. He then quoted us $1550.32 for a new tank with an expansion tank that we "had to have". We do not need an expansion tank due to the area we live in. We said we would get back to him. We had someone else look at it and they reset it and replaced the thermostat. We paid $150.00 instead of $1550.32 and did not get an expansion tank. Also, our tank was from 2006 and not 1999. They could not read the serial numbers correctly. It was Friday of Memorial Day weekend so I'm sure they wanted to take advantage of that as well.

Original review: May 17, 2017

I called Tuesday Morning to get a plumber out to my house because my kitchen sink was leaking and I had turned off the water so I could no longer use it. They advertise same day service but we're not able to fit me. So we set it up for the next morning by 10:30 because I had to leave for work at 10:30. At 10:15 no one had shown up or called so I called the office and they said their service man was behind so they rescheduled me for 5 p.m. when I be home from work. Then at 6:20 p.m. they called to say their service man was behind and they would have to reschedule me for the next day. So apparently same day means three days later.

Original review: March 29, 2017

Mr. Rooter is a horrible rip-off. Stay away from them. My water heater pilot light wouldn't stay lit. I tried lighting it several times. The LED blinked and then turned on (indicating that at least some of the electronics was working). The pilot also lit but wouldn't stay lit. I called Mr. Rooter. The repairmen (two of them) looked at the water heater and billed me $223.88 for flushing and cleaning. They said only after the cleaning will they know what the problem is. Then they said that didn't help and specifically admitted that the LED was working when they started but stopped working after their cleaning. That is, their cleaning did not fix anything but LIKELY broke the LED-related electronics. Then they said they have to get a replacement kit (control valve and flame sensor) and that would cost an additional $700+. First I agreed but as they left to get the kit I realized it was too expensive. So I called them off and paid them $223.88.

I then called Brenneco who could come in after a couple days. I have had great experience with Brenneco in the past (I called them before Mr. Rooter but they were not available the same day which is why I called Mr. Rooter). The Brenneco repairman looked at it and said the common case is to replace a small credit-card-sized circuit board but because the LED wasn't working a bigger replacement is needed (he estimated the cost to double). He emphasized that he did not know if the LED stopped working due to Mr. Rooter's cleaning. He fixed it and charged me $420 (1 year warranty). He also said that cleaning is included in any servicing (and not charged before charging for the real fix, like Mr. Rooter). So I incurred a loss of some $430 ($223 + half of $420) due to Mr. Rooter. What a rip-off.

Original review: March 20, 2017

This company is very shady. The personnel who have showed always seem like nice people but really be aware of their costs, services, and even phony claims. I recently had someone out to clean out my main drain as it was backing up some. First of all they charged 558.00 for that and a camera inspection which turns out to be more than double that a much better competitor's price would be. Worst of all he said that my whole outdoors drain was completely shot and that I needed to have it replaced and that would be anywhere from 6,000.00 to 10,000.00 dollars. He said it was full of breaks, etc., etc.

Pressured to sign for financing and to have the work done immediately. I wisely decided to get a second opinion from another very reliable company (whom I should have called in the first place but had accidentally called Mr. Rooter by mistake). They put the camera down there and first of all noted that the original cleaning was terrible and I could still see lots of roots and debris, etc. They couldn't find any breaks though. After doing a very thorough cleaning they did find one small break near the house (which they say that Mr. Rooter could never have seen because they had left so many roots in there) but said it wasn't an emergency. I could have it repaired if I wanted to (for about 1500.00 including putting in an outside cleaning hole) but that there was no rush. The rest of the drain was totally fine! I almost got ripped off for thousands of dollars!

On my first occasion with these people they way overcharged me as well. After several complaints and very frustrating phone calls (usually they would promise to call back but never did) I got someone to promise me a refund of 175.00 and that it was coming in the mail. It never did arrive and that is over a year ago now. I gave up. Bottom line, do not use this company!!!

Original review: March 13, 2017

Be careful when this company give you estimate. You'd better ask them what they do for the price they give you because it end up on me is the price they give me only for fix what they guess on what's wrong and does not have any warranty on if what they guess does not work. They will charge you while the other set of money for their guess does not work.

I paid over $280 for water heater clean and change toilet wax ring without any warranty with their work. When I call back to tell them the water heater cleaning does not fix the problem, they told me I can order the part online and they put it in for the other $100 without warranty again. My ceiling still wet after three days they made fix on my upstairs bathroom toilet max ring, I can not tell if the changing wax ring fixed the problem. If I ask them to check again, they told me $74 for only cut open drywall without any fix and reinstall. I am very regret when they give me price estimate I do not ask them what they are going to do. Now I could end up paid over $280 for nothing fixed.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2017

I had a clogging issue in Jan. 2017 and had plumber come out. First day he ran snake down main toilet which I had taken off prior to him coming and after about 10 minutes he stated I had a septic problem and would need to have tank line jetted which would cost 650.00 for the first 2 hrs. Ok I knew it was going to be expensive and was told the tank would have to be dug up. There would be extra cost to dig up and I said we would do it.

When we dug the pipe up from the house to the tank it burst a small hole. Ok we waited until the next day when plumber came back out and I had dug up first section of tank. He pulled lid and said tank was full and line had to be replaced from house to tank and the baffle had to be replaced and a line for up above ground for future work when needed. Ok I agreed. He gave me an estimate of 2350.00 which included the 650.00 instead of cost of jetting but as a down payment which he processed before any work was done, which did not include draining septic tank which was full and a camera look down into the tank to see if everything was good which clearly stated I would not be charged but was never done. I then dug up third part of tank and he took lid off and stated baffle needed replaced there too. Ok I said.

He then went to Home Depot and bought material two baffles, one long pvc pipe and a short pvc pipe with lid and glue. This was all charged to me I am to assume. He put the piping in and said he would be back the next day to put concrete and gravel down around the piping going to the tank from the house. He did not show the next day and a week went by without any contact. I then got to adding up the costs and found it quite expensive for the minimal work he had done which was cost of material and labor and jetting for 30 minutes. I then texted plumber and requested a break down of all costs. He texted me back requesting my email and said he would go into office and get the cost.

Within this time period I called office to question the cost and was told his supervisor would call me that day. 2nd week I called again and was told supervisor would call me no call no costs. I then contacted my credit card company regarding the initial 650.00 and put a hold on it. Third week I got call from supervisor and was told he would get with plumber and would call me back that evening. No call. Next day (end of third week) supervisor calls and said he wanted to set up meeting at my home to discuss this.

We are now going into fourth week and supervisor several times went back and forth with dates and times to come out. 4 weeks to date and he gives me a time frame of arrive 8 to 11 on Feb. 17 2017. At 10:45 I texted supervisor to get eta and was told his truck is being worked on. Wasn't showing. I called manager had heated discussion and basically I was told oh well I paid. No effort to give me cost. I was charged extremely too high and wanted a partial refund at least the 650.00 back. Nope not going to happen. I felt scammed and cheated. And my toilet in main bathroom is leaking around pipe where plumber put back on AND was going to charge me. I am seriously wanting to go to small claims court with this for they have been non compliant with my requests and I am sure the cost was way too high.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2017

The guy who came to my home was nice and courteous and seemed knowledgeable. I am talking about Mr. Rooter out of Hamilton, Ohio. Every time I asked for a final price after given an estimate, it changed and increased which is very shady. He finally worked up an estimate and I agreed to it. Then I was forced to pay $145 for a joke of an "Advantage plan" that supposedly saved me 20% on my final bill and on any future bills (there won't be any future uses for them). I was told at first there was no charge for it then all of a sudden on my credit card bill was a dam* charge of $149. I am challenging that charge. Then I did some digging and research of the parts that were needed for my job and the price of their labor. I found that these as* clowns charge over 5 times the amount for plumbing parts. I compared them to parts I saw on Amazon and Ebay.

I understand you want to make a profit, but that's robbery and fraud to charge those high rates and prices for parts. There's no excuse for that. I will be contacting the BBB and Angie's List. Whatever you do, DO NOT use this company. They totally screw customers and their prices are exorbitantly high especially compared to other Cincinnati plumbers.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2017

Dumped raw sewage into my sump pump after being told not to. Used our stuff, buckets, rags, flashlight and bleach. Then through all the sludge and fecal matter they got out of the pipes in the middle of our backyard. When we called the office they had the plumber call us back and he actually accused us of lying. And told us it was nothing he could or would do.

Mr. Rooter Plumbing Company Information

www.mrrooter.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use