Mount Vernon, NY

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.35/5

Need help with a repair or new project?

Get matched with a contractor or specialist on HomeAdvisor

Get started

Need help with a repair or new project?

Get matched with a contractor or specialist on HomeAdvisor

Get started

Mr. Rooter Plumbing Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mr. Rooter Plumbing?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mr. Rooter Plumbing?

Original review: May 13, 2020

We purchased new fixtures for the tub and shower in our master bath. I called today to schedule an appointment. I was able to get one scheduled for today, and the plumber arrived by noon (well within their indicated time window). Ken did a nice job in installing our new fixtures, including advising me in advance of the installation cost and any potential issues with replacing the old fixtures. The work was done well and the work area was clean. All is in working order. This is how service ought to be!

Original review: Jan. 28, 2020

Mr. Rooter is a very professional plumbing business. They sent a picture of who is coming over for safety reasons, always arrived on time ready to fix whatever the problem is. There is no charge for diagnosing the problem even if I decide not to have it done! They went beyond expectations! We suddenly had a high water pressure coming to our house affecting our water heater. They installed a P.R.V. down by the road which was pricey but a lot of labor went into it.

Later in the year we had intermittent water pressure problems. Twice they came out and investigated at no cost. Eventually we asked them to replace the P.R.V. and they did that at no charge! It could have been a faulty P.R.V. but it very well could be due to the water company digging around our fire hydrant and dirt getting into the line causing the P.R.V. To falter. Past plumbers I have charged $400 per chore, even if it was simply replacing a faucet. Mr. Rooter is reputable and I highly recommend them before taking a chance with other companies.

Get buying tips about Online Bathroom Fixtures and Plumbing delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2020

James ** from Mr. Rooter came by the house to replace my expansion tank on my water heater. He was on time, very professional, and friendly. He did a great job for me and answered all my questions. I won't hesitate to call Mr. Rooter again!

Original review: Aug. 24, 2019

Robbie ** arrived with a smile, applied booties, and a mat to assure cleanliness as he entered and exited my home. Explained his findings, reviewed different service price options and provide great tips. Robbie doesn't deserve 5 stars, he deserves 10 stars. Thanks Robbie!

Original review: May 13, 2020

I paid premium price 15,000 to get lies and total disrespect for my house. Complete filthy job and wasn’t even able to tape the plastic correct to prevent the dust from infiltrating upon my entire home.

Original review: May 4, 2020

I called Rooter to install for me a Reverse Osmosis water filter for my home. For this simple installation they wanted to charge me $750. They said this was 'industry standard'. I thought this sounded fishy so I declined. I then received an estimate from another plumbing company and they only charged me $185 and it took the plumber 15 minutes to install it. Do not trust these people to give you a fair price.

Original review: April 20, 2020

I had a service call. 2 guys came. They were too focused on giving me an estimate for a 30k repair job that they forgot about the what they came for. They charged me 630 the 1st day. Later that night we had problems in the same are. They wouldn't come the same day. They came the next day and charged me another 220. A month later we are still having the same problem. Very dishonest people and only after your money. DO NOT CALL THEM.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2020

We had our septic tank cleaned and the guy who did it from another company never put the lid on straight so when it rained, our tank would fill up. So we called Mr. Rooter to see if the problem was the lid. When the guy got to the house, a $50 service call went to $250.00 if he had to dig. I agreed to pay the 250. He dug and said the drain field was clogged and he could use high pressure water to clear it out. Now we are up to $1200.00 and he stuck a hose in and it only went a little ways in and said the drain field was bad and we need a whole new system and have it moved somewhere else in the yard and also said "who knows how old this house is anyway" (house was built in 2003).

I asked how much and was told, now this is for a 1 bathroom house with 1 kitchen sink and a washer machine. I was told $10,000.00 to $12,000.00 for a new tank and drain field. Then he tell me that he only makes commission on these job and they get tips also. TIPS??? REALLY??? I would trust the guy trying to sell me a car warranty over the phone for a car I don't have before I would ever trust this company again. Taking advantage of a disabled veteran. SICK!!!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2020

My water heater burst and leaked Friday night so I called Mr Rooter first thing in Saturday morning to ask whether they can help and replace the heater. They said yes and scheduled me for noon. When nobody showed up by 2pm, I called to hear that they had another emergency which would be taken care of within 20 minutes before they head to us. By 4pm, there was still nobody. When I started complaining at 5pm, they said they cancelled the appointment because I got angry. They made me lose all Saturday to call somebody else and left me and my family without water until Monday. They are greedy to squeeze more people into a day without thinking that they might not do all and leave some people in cold on a weekend.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2020

Main line clogged after $600.00 roots still in the system. After removing my clog the guy scoped the drain. He points out some roots and keeps going. I asked, "Wait what about the roots?" He said he would need to do a flush/sluts for $1,100.00. Then said that would not help much. He then said the pipe was separate and would cost $4,200.00 to fix. I've used other companies in the past. The main was snaked out came roots and all for a lot less money. Fool me once shame on you. I'll eat this cost and see what happens in the future. Because I didn't follow up on their recommendation I did not receive at least a one day warranty.

Mr. Rooter Plumbing Company Information