Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Mr. Rooter Plumbing Reviews

Original review: Jan. 6, 2020

James ** from Mr. Rooter came by the house to replace my expansion tank on my water heater. He was on time, very professional, and friendly. He did a great job for me and answered all my questions. I won't hesitate to call Mr. Rooter again!

Original review: Aug. 24, 2019

Robbie ** arrived with a smile, applied booties, and a mat to assure cleanliness as he entered and exited my home. Explained his findings, reviewed different service price options and provide great tips. Robbie doesn't deserve 5 stars, he deserves 10 stars. Thanks Robbie!

Get expert buying tips about Online Bathroom Fixtures and Plumbing delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 2, 2019

Note: This company sells & provides support to franchises for plumbing and drain cleaning. Each location/office is owned/operated by an independent franchisee.

☆☆☆☆☆ The North Central Indiana location provides excellent service at reasonable prices given before work is done. I have used them a lot (due to my mischievous kids and older home) for 14 years. I have had the same consistent, on time, and knowledgeable person every time; just 2 guys that I know by name over the years. I've always been satisfied with their courteous and professional service.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

This is great and very quick responsive company! Sent an email at 8pm and the next day by 10am they have called me arrange a technician name Jarrod and George to come see the job. Unreal how on the ball the company is and very easy people to work with. Jarrod explains to you the cost to repair, why it happened, what should be done in the future and pictures are also taken to keep records of the work they have done. They are super friendly and if you call them ask for Jarrod to come see you. Cheers.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2020

We had our septic tank cleaned and the guy who did it from another company never put the lid on straight so when it rained, our tank would fill up. So we called Mr. Rooter to see if the problem was the lid. When the guy got to the house, a $50 service call went to $250.00 if he had to dig. I agreed to pay the 250. He dug and said the drain field was clogged and he could use high pressure water to clear it out. Now we are up to $1200.00 and he stuck a hose in and it only went a little ways in and said the drain field was bad and we need a whole new system and have it moved somewhere else in the yard and also said "who knows how old this house is anyway" (house was built in 2003).

I asked how much and was told, now this is for a 1 bathroom house with 1 kitchen sink and a washer machine. I was told $10,000.00 to $12,000.00 for a new tank and drain field. Then he tell me that he only makes commission on these job and they get tips also. TIPS??? REALLY??? I would trust the guy trying to sell me a car warranty over the phone for a car I don't have before I would ever trust this company again. Taking advantage of a disabled veteran. SICK!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mr. Rooter Plumbing?

Original review: Jan. 6, 2020

My water heater burst and leaked Friday night so I called Mr Rooter first thing in Saturday morning to ask whether they can help and replace the heater. They said yes and scheduled me for noon. When nobody showed up by 2pm, I called to hear that they had another emergency which would be taken care of within 20 minutes before they head to us. By 4pm, there was still nobody. When I started complaining at 5pm, they said they cancelled the appointment because I got angry. They made me lose all Saturday to call somebody else and left me and my family without water until Monday. They are greedy to squeeze more people into a day without thinking that they might not do all and leave some people in cold on a weekend.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2020

Main line clogged after $600.00 roots still in the system. After removing my clog the guy scoped the drain. He points out some roots and keeps going. I asked, "Wait what about the roots?" He said he would need to do a flush/sluts for $1,100.00. Then said that would not help much. He then said the pipe was separate and would cost $4,200.00 to fix. I've used other companies in the past. The main was snaked out came roots and all for a lot less money. Fool me once shame on you. I'll eat this cost and see what happens in the future. Because I didn't follow up on their recommendation I did not receive at least a one day warranty.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2019

This company charged 300.00 for a simple change out of a garbage disposer. It takes about 15 to 20 minutes to do this. My brother in law didn't know any better and paid this con for this. I can't stand it when a company cons older people that don't know any better for a simple service job. If you don't have a problem with a company stealing your hard earned money this company is for you. If you do have a problem with a company running a con like this ask them to leave. Please take the time and call around to other companies before letting this company in your house.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2019

I had a gas line replaced 7/2016. I smelled gas in my garage 12/24/19 and called the GAS CO. They detected the line my house that Rooter replaced was leaking gas all through my house. I called the Emergency #805-982-2028. It is now 2 hours later and I have not heard back. I called back 3 times and still not getting a call back. I paid 7000 cash to them and felt I was ripped off because I had no choice when the first leak was detected and a widow. I would like to get in contact with the president of this company. Alfredo was the technician.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2019

Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Dallas made an overcharged my credit card by $439.29 without my knowledge, consent or approval. I had called up Mr Rooter's customer service on August 15th for coming out and diagnose a plumbing issue at my property at **. I don't physically live at the property. I had asked on the phone about the Trip Charge fee and I was told it was $99.50. I approved the "Trip Charge Fee" to the person on the phone to send out technician to come out, assess the issue and recommend solution and offer quote to fix the issue. I had specifically instructed that any repairs should be done only after my explicitly approval and is contingent on the amount quoted for the repairs by the technician. My tenant reported that the plumbing technician did come out on August 15th, did some work and left. But the issue remained unresolved.

I was NOT informed as to what the issue was and was NOT provided information on the quote to do the repairs either by phone or email. Few days later when I checked my credit card statement, I noticed a charge of $538.79 from Mr Rooter. I had only authorized Trip charge fee of $99.50. I did not receive any email quotes/phone calls from technician to discuss quotes for any work performed. Hence any charges above $99.50 are unauthorized and should be reversed by Mr Rooter.

Recently I received mail from the business claiming that the charges are valid. I went through the documentation shared by Mr Rooter. The documentation simply clears the fact that I had scheduled a visit with Mr Rooter and they did indeed come out to assess the plumbing issue. This part was never in dispute and I have already informed that I am willing to pay $99.50 as Trip Charge fee for the visit. However the documentation also consists an Invoice with some work details. My name is not present on the invoice. The signature on the invoice is NOT my signature. This business has fraudulently charged my credit card without my authorization or signature and is now refusing to refund the unauthorized charges.

Mr. Rooter Plumbing Company Information