1.4/5 (13 ratings)
Find an Online Bathroom Fixtures and Plumbing partner
Banner image

Need help with a bathroom project?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

About Benjamin Franklin Plumbing

Pros

• On Time Guarantee
  • Local, professional plumbers
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee

Cons

• Not available in all states

Bottom Line

Benjamin Franklin Plumbing is a nationwide company that employs local plumbers. While not available in all states, the company has made a name for itself with its two famous guarantees.

Banner image

Need help with a bathroom project?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

What is Benjamin Franklin Plumbing?

Benjamin Franklin Plumbing is a nationwide plumbing company with independently owned and operated locations. The company works to hire local plumbers who are familiar with the most common plumbing needs in the area.

Although services and other features vary by location, every Benjamin Franklin Plumbing location has two guarantees. First is the “On Time Guarantee.” For every minute the plumber is late, Benjamin Franklin pays $5, up to a total of $300. They also offer a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for two years. The guarantee covers materials, labor and craftsmanship.

Benjamin Franklin Plumbing services

Benjamin Franklin Plumbing is able to repair, install and maintain a variety of home systems:

• Water conditioning
  • Pumps
  • Toilets
  • Pipes and sewers
  • Sinks

Your local Benjamin Franklin Plumbing location can answer more questions regarding the specific services they offer.

Benjamin Franklin Plumbing FAQ

How much do Benjamin Franklin Plumbing services cost?
Costs vary by location and service. Ask your nearby location for a Benjamin Franklin plumbing price sheet for a full list of costs and services.
Does Benjamin Franklin Plumbing offer emergency services?
Yes. Benjamin Franklin Plumbing offers emergency repairs and installations 24/7.
Is Benjamin Franklin Plumbing available in my area?
You can search by ZIP code for Benjamin Franklin Plumbing services on the company’s website.
Can I trust the plumbers employed by Benjamin Franklin Plumbing?
While we can’t guarantee every experience, the plumbers employed by Benjamin Franklin Plumbing regularly take continuing education courses, undergo drug testing and are recruited based on friendliness, courtesy and cleanliness.
Does the company offer any discounts?
Yes. You can find Benjamin Franklin Plumbing coupons and other discounts on the company website.

Do we recommend Benjamin Franklin Plumbing?

We recommend Benjamin Franklin Plumbing. They are a reliable nationwide company but still have a friendly, local presence. Their plumbers are well equipped to take on a variety of plumbing issues. The company’s Satisfaction Guarantee and On Time Guarantee also sweeten the deal. Finally, their emergency services mean you can get the help you need when you need it.

Benjamin Franklin Plumbing Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Benjamin Franklin Plumbing?

Original review: Jan. 26, 2023

In 2019 got a new sewage pipe line installed at my property, they did not connected the pipe line to the main bathroom of the house, all the black water and feces were coming down to the crawl space where it was located underneath of a protective plastic covering left by the restoration services company, paid in a form of a loan 24000 thousand dollars for the job. And all the cleaning done at the site was lost, that alone cost over 13000. They charge over 8000 for a incomplete job. And left the mess so I would take care of it. When call to fix the problem they would not take care of it, because I had installed a basement pump connected to the new sewage pipe to help with any flooding that may have occurred for all the smells we were getting out of there. We did not know what was going on because it was underneath of the plastic covering.

They try to come Year later on April 2020, as everyone knows in the middle of the pandemic I was not working nor have receive unemployment yet, and this is a very expensive company, I feared that for checking alone they would have charge me, and I was in no position to pay for any more repairs, so I cancel the visit. Now they said since I installed a pump. That voids the warranty on the job. A job they never finish!. And said they were “stepping back out of this based on the fact that I canceled their visit in April 2020. And I got the pump installed. If I knew what was going on I would let them take care of it. But I didn’t know, I trusted in this people and they failed us horrendously. I just find out on the second week of January 2023, when I sent another guy to check for a unrelated matter at the crawl space. Terrible company to do business with.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2022

I had a washer drain that was plugged up from paper accidentally getting into the washer. It was a weekend night and I can’t do without a washer for more than a few days. As soon as the guy gets here he asked me to sign a waiver so they have no responsibility if anything goes wrong. He kept saying over and over how old my house was and that he didn’t want to spend much time trying to clear the drain. When he was done he then told me that they normally give a 30 guarantee on their work but since my house is old he can’t do that. My house was built in the late 60s and has been completely renovated. He then charged me 364 dollars to clear a drain he doesn’t want to take any responsibility for. They then sent me a link wanting a good review. Sorry I take no responsibility for the crappy work Steve did and his smart attitude.

Get buying tips about Online Bathroom Fixtures and Plumbing delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2022

The plumber, Sean, arrived at my house on time. The issue was a water leak in my garage originating from an Omni cartridge filter housing and water pipe connections positioned at the plumbing entry point by the garage door. The leak is dripping and spraying causing damage to the wall and baseboards. Additionally, a large continuous pool of water is accumulating on the floor. The plumber suggested that I purchase a new water filter apparatus and then cut the two connection pipes and solder in the new water filter unit. The plumber then charged me $80.00 for the service call and left.

As the plumber left, I realized that this plumber did not solve any problem as my water was still leaking and damage was continuing. The plumber did not offer any solutions with the exception of a $6000.00 home water filtration system or for me to try and find the same unit at a store or online. Of course, if I were to be successful finding the water filter assembly, I would still need to contact a plumber again to install it. This service call lasted only a few minutes.

Why did this plumber not just bypass or remove the damaged $25.00 water filter assembly? Why did this plumber not stop the leak? He did absolutely nothing except collect payment and left me in the same position as I was before contacting Ben Franklin Plumbing. I am now attempting to find another plumber to fix the leak!

Original review: Sept. 6, 2022

Called to have 2 shut off valves for washer replaced. We had new flooring being installed and workers were waiting for the valve so they could remove the washer from the room that was getting a new floor. Plumber (Renaldo) showed up; I explained the situation and need for replacing the valves ASAP so they could continue their floor install. He immediately said he'd have to check my water pressure first. I suggested that he replace the valves so the work could continue and then check pressure, but he ignored that and went on to take another 30 minutes to check it. When it showed 8-10 # over, he said they would have to reduce the pressure and that was causing the valve to go. I explained that these valves were over 23 years old, I had replaced all the others in the house over the years and they simply were worn out.

I asked him to please replace the shut offs and we could talk about that later. He looked at the existing 1/4 turn valves and said, "We don't use those anymore". He attempted to install a different valve, could not get one of his to thread on, and then went to truck and brought in a set of 1/4 turn that were for a different application. I told him they were not correct, and he said they would work fine. After one more hour and 5 attempts to get them on without leaking, he said it was done. I had my wife check for any leakage, and she found water coming from one of them. He told her, "I don't know what you are seeing, but there is no leak". She was insulted by that, put a clean paper towel behind the valve and showed him the water still leaking. He then acknowledged it was leaking.

One more attempt and he had them in, although still not the correct valves. He then said there would be no warranty since we would not agree to spending $2500 to have the water pressure reduced by 10#. This man was rude and had a bad attitude from the time he arrived. He took a full 3 hours to complete a job that should have been done in less than one hour. The floor install crew had to come back the next day to finish since he took that long. We will NEVER have a Benjamin Franklin plumber in our house again, and I would not recommend them to anyone I know. I will repeat this review everywhere I can find to help protect the next unsuspecting customer.

Original review: July 2, 2022

I had a leaking toilet. They came and fixed it, and it was a 40 minute project. The invoice came out $609! I was told that as soon as the truck came out, it is $99 (called "Diagnostic Fee" in the invoice); and the work itself was a "Pull & Reset Toilet - Standard" of $510. Work performed on 6/9/2022. Below is the company info:

Ben Franklin Plumbing
    9431 Alpine Drive
    Ramsey MN 55303

763-427-1000

Original review: March 9, 2022

Had water leak coming from my well to house. Called them that they would put me on emergency repair. Then proceeded to tell me could be anywhere from pre-lunch to somewhere after dinnertime. Received call around 1or 2 pm that they had cancellation. Asked if they could come out in 1/2 to 45min. Said sure. Plumber arrived, looked over my situation said it would cost around 3500. My jaw dropped. He made a call for excavator. Then told me oh didn't realize what he charges. Price went from 3500 to 4500. Well said my option on that price dropped it to 4000. Going take two hours to dig. My words were a good excavator could have that dug less than 20minutes.

Now we're only excavating 14' long by 3' deep. Took him 15min. Now they replace two fittings replace 16' of plastic black pipe. Less than 250.00 in material 1-1/2 hr plumbers time then another 30 min. to close ditch. Left mud on our door sill an floor. Then I had to call to get copy of bill. So it cost was 250.00. My suggestion is at all cost stay away from this company. Overpriced company that gouge senior citizens and regular homeowners.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2022

I had a leaking shower head and called Benjamin Franklin Plumbing to come take a look at it. Turned out to be a small plastic cartridge in the handle. Service was great but charged me 550.00 for about 10 mins worth of work and for a small plastic cartridge. I would never recommend this company unless you want to be ripped off.

Original review: July 20, 2021

Originally called Roto-Rooter. Somehow I got a callback from Ben Franklin Plumbing. Not sure why Benjamin Franklin called me back but they did. I told the woman I was looking for a septic tank inspection regarding a home sale needed for the FHA loan process. I indicated that if there are any repairs needed for this septic system to pass inspection I would like to have this done as well. The woman said sure and she told me that the next available appointment would be the following Monday. She said she would call me that morning to verify the process and then that her technician would be calling me right before coming up to the property to verify that he would be coming. She indicated that he would be coming between nine and 12 and that I should be prepared to answer my phone.

The technician never called me back so I continue to do my projects which require going under the property house without my phone. Later that afternoon I noticed I missed a call from the technician stating that he couldn’t come to the property without the phone call verification. I called them back but the number went to an answering service I left a message and got a call back from the technician who told me that I failed to return his phone call and therefore he would not come to the property.

I rescheduled again for the following Monday with the same circumstances. On this day I was able to answer the phone and spoke with the technician who wanted me to give him my credit card number and verify the working that needed to be done which included an inspection and any repairs necessary. The following day I got an email with an invoice indicating that the tag what did function properly and the leech field part good but he recommended that the tank be pumped. I called back because I didn’t understand the invoice I wasn’t sure if they actually pumped the tank or if they just recommended.

Now it had been 3 weeks since the original request. When I finally got a call back after a major runaround I missed the phone call as I was on the phone with the answering service. Finally got to talk to the technician and asked him to please define what the invoice said did the tank actually get pumped? The technician replied, "Well no. We don’t septic tanks." This led to a very volatile argument between the technician and myself as he had already wasted three weeks of my time and did not accomplish a single thing that I needed which I originally asked for but now I am out $275 for the inspection which is worthless.

Stan the technician was a very argumentative mean and angry individual and had a lot of predisposed problems apparently due to his lack of professionalism with previous clients. I feel that these people purposely misinform in order to just get an inspection fee but have no abilities to actually fix anything. Do not waste your time with this company. They will only create more problems for you! I gave them one star because there weren’t any zero stars available.

Original review: April 18, 2021

The work done on my bathtub was horrible. I called ben franklin plumbing to replace a bathtub spigot. It cost $410 to replace a spigot that I supplied. The technician accidentally broke off too much tile then proceeded to use a LARGE amount of caulk. It looks absolutely hideous. He did a poor job caulking and left large holes. I woke up to a bathtub filled with ants. Contacting customer service did no good, they made no effort to fix the issues, leaving me to have to call another plumber and pay to fix their terrible work. Do not use this company, they are horrible and there are plenty of other competent and honest plumbers.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2020

The guy who showed up was great. He was on time and did a good job. He quoted a price which upon which I made an audible sound of choking. A leak was going to be nearly 600 bucks. Copper pipe pin hold leak. When he saw I nearly died over the price he lowered it twice. It felt like he was trying to see how much I would pay. I don’t like the games. Give me a fair price. It ain’t an auction or a tag sale. In my next life I’ll come back as a plumber and quote fair prices! Moral of the story is be prepared to get a second opinion and know how much stuff costs or you are going to pay way more than you should.

Benjamin Franklin Plumbing Company Information