Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Benjamin Franklin Plumbing

BOTTOM LINE

Benjamin Franklin Plumbing is a nationwide company that employs local plumbers. While not available in all states, the company has made a name for itself with its two famous guarantees.

PROS

• On Time Guarantee
  • Local, professional plumbers
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee

CONS

• Not available in all states

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

What is Benjamin Franklin Plumbing?

Benjamin Franklin Plumbing is a nationwide plumbing company with independently owned and operated locations. The company works to hire local plumbers who are familiar with the most common plumbing needs in the area.

Although services and other features vary by location, every Benjamin Franklin Plumbing location has two guarantees. First is the “On Time Guarantee.” For every minute the plumber is late, Benjamin Franklin pays $5, up to a total of $300. They also offer a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for two years. The guarantee covers materials, labor and craftsmanship.

Benjamin Franklin Plumbing services

Benjamin Franklin Plumbing is able to repair, install and maintain a variety of home systems:

• Water conditioning
  • Pumps
  • Toilets
  • Pipes and sewers
  • Sinks

Your local Benjamin Franklin Plumbing location can answer more questions regarding the specific services they offer.

Benjamin Franklin Plumbing FAQ

How much do Benjamin Franklin Plumbing services cost?
Costs vary by location and service. Ask your nearby location for a Benjamin Franklin plumbing price sheet for a full list of costs and services.
Does Benjamin Franklin Plumbing offer emergency services?
Yes. Benjamin Franklin Plumbing offers emergency repairs and installations 24/7.
Is Benjamin Franklin Plumbing available in my area?
You can search by ZIP code for Benjamin Franklin Plumbing services on the company’s website.
Can I trust the plumbers employed by Benjamin Franklin Plumbing?
While we can’t guarantee every experience, the plumbers employed by Benjamin Franklin Plumbing regularly take continuing education courses, undergo drug testing and are recruited based on friendliness, courtesy and cleanliness.
Does the company offer any discounts?
Yes. You can find Benjamin Franklin Plumbing coupons and other discounts on the company website.

Do we recommend Benjamin Franklin Plumbing?

We recommend Benjamin Franklin Plumbing. They are a reliable nationwide company but still have a friendly, local presence. Their plumbers are well equipped to take on a variety of plumbing issues. The company’s Satisfaction Guarantee and On Time Guarantee also sweeten the deal. Finally, their emergency services mean you can get the help you need when you need it.

Benjamin Franklin Plumbing Reviews

Original review: June 10, 2009

Today, two men came out. I had asked someone to come because the toilet that I had rebuilt on 9/09/08 kept running. The flapper valve (or whatever the orange thing is that seals the tank at the bottom) was not seating properly. I said valve was put in brand new on 9/09/08 and I was charged $359 for a complete toilet rebuild. I was also charged $229 for a faucet stem rebuild but that appears to still be working. When the men arrived from Ben Franklin today and looked at it, they said that the porcelain tank was deteriorating and that there were pieces in the tank. He showed me what he said was a piece of tank that was the size of a large grain of sand. The tank looks intact on all side, no signs of pieces of it falling off. He then said the real problem was the handle and quoted me $229 for a new handle and to clean the tank out.

I had also asked for a bid on a 40-gallon, gas, hot water heater and was quoted $1,579 not including tax. When I asked if it was a 12-year warranty, he said, no, for a 12-year warranty the price would be over $2500. I told him I thought the price of everything was outrageous. But the coup de grace was that afterwards when my sister burst out of the shower, screaming her head off with second degree burns, we checked and the repairmen, apparently unhappy that I would not buy my hot water heater from them nor pay $200+ for a toilet handle, turned the water heater up to high and never told me.

Original review: May 4, 2009

I had a leak and was advised I needed line detection. I called BFP who said it was $69 nonrefundable for the servicemen to come to my house but that they couldn't tell me or give me any idea how much it might cost beyond that. When the men arrived they said the initial hookup is always $$$--$200 something (I forget the exact amount b/c I had to take time to cool off) (over $200 and might be over $400).

Get expert buying tips about Online Bathroom Fixtures and Plumbing delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Oct. 3, 2008

The main issue about a leaking problem, not a rerouting remedy that how to fix it,but it is

leaking problem setting there in the garage and I dont like the way they to reroute it. If they cannot solve that situation means stop and we look to another company, because the problem is underneath the concreate the water still comes out until now and water keep in turning 24/7. And they overcharged also for diagnose using detector and rerouting around $2,800.00.And luckily the home insurance was paid $1,000.00 for that amount but we still paying the rest of that amount.Not including to fix the wall to the another contractor because they said they are not responsible for it.

Benjamin Franklin Plumbing Company Information