3.06/5

576 Roto-Rooter Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 28, 2019

Roto-Rooter Plainfield, Illinois. BAD! BAD! BAD! Don’t use this company. They’re a total rip-off. Work got done but very expensive. Cleaned out a clogged kitchen drain for $520. Shame on me. But I needed it to be done what else can you do. Can’t even think how much they would charge for a water heater or simple plumbing repair problem. Even called Roto-Rooter but received no satisfaction or even an apology for their pricing. Conclusion: Find another company or even better a good plumber.

Jim,

We appreciate your feedback and wish to talk to you as soon as we can. Please email me your full-service address including zip code so that I can look into this as soon as possible. Please also include a copy of this review.

Customer Satisfaction Manager

Original review: March 25, 2019

Our toilet was leaking. We called Roto-Rooter. We had to pay $300 for the plumber just to tell us that the toilet had a crack and we had to replace it with a new one. He told us if we bought a toilet from a store, they would charge $575 to install it. If we bought a toilet from them and they installed it, it would cost us more than $1,000. We paid $300 and they did nothing!

Heather,

Can you send me a snapshot of the Roto-Rooter invoice? I am not showing this address in my system. Pat.swanson@rrsc.com

Heather,

Customer Satisfaction Manager

Original review: March 24, 2019

Service what they offer Horrible. Price I got shock. 354$/hr + parts just for small help. Valve next day still leak. Technician start to find 1000 stupid problem to have more work and charge more. Worker don’t have knowledge. I don’t recommend this company for nobody.

Maciej,

Original review: March 22, 2019

Do not call for the service. If I could, there is not even a star that I will give. I had leaking in my basement and found the leaking was from the joint between outdoor and indoor pie. When the guy arrived he ask me to sign a paper to agree the charge for $295.00 hourly. (He does not know how many hours will need.) After agreement signed, he tried to turn the joint tight to fix the problem, and ignore what I told him need to turn off the outside street water first before what he is doing. He did it with no listening anyway.

After he turn tight of joint, water was running like turned on water faucet. And he could not do anything to stop it, but asked me to call their main office. The office dispatcher asked me to call fire department to come over to turn off street water. I could not believe it, this company even do not know the fire department will not in charge of that.

What a no professional action. After all of mess created, the dispatcher told me that the guy could not do anything, I have to call someone to turn off the street water, and the guy will be back tomorrow after the water had been turning off. My basement was totally wet and messy because a none professional action from this company. The company and guy never call or come back after all of mess that he created. What a no professional and irresponsible company that I have ever experience.

Original review: March 22, 2019

Called around 7 am to schedule an appointment to have a kitchen sink drain unclogged. Promised to have them at the house within 1.5 hours. 2 hours later I called them back. They stated that their "technician" was held up on a job in Springfield Mass. Called back in an hour and they said the "technician" had a flat tire. Called again and they said they would send someone from Lowell just 10 minutes away. "Technician" finally showed up, about 5 hours later after my initial call. After less than 1/2 hour of snaking the drain, I was presented with a $489 bill...cash or credit card only.

Keep in mind that Roto-Rooter does not give estimates nor offers any. When I complained about the price the "Technician" brought the price down to $400. Emailed Roto-Rooter and complained. Their response was that their "Technicians were like mechanics and doctors... That until they could diagnose the issue, they couldn't price the job". So I guess their "Technicians" have to have a lot of education and possibly an MD to do their job. Great business model for them, for the general public, not so much. Lessons learned. Words to their jingle should be "Roto-Rooter that's our name and away goes money down the drain, Roto-Rooter". Learn from my mistake. Stay away from them.

David,

Customer Satisfaction Manager

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Roto-Rooter?

Original review: March 22, 2019

The mounting screws on my toilet rusted and broke. I wasn't sure how to fix it myself so I called Roto-Rooter to come out and fix it. He ended up replacing the flange and two mounting screws and charged me $273! I should have gotten a whole new toilet for that! I feel like I got taken advantage of because I'm a women and new homeowner. Don't call these people.

Darby,

Original review: March 21, 2019

On March 7, 2019 I made the tragic mistake of entrusting RR of Hampton Va with my plumbing issue. Water was backing up in my tub and leaking through the ceiling. $519 later water is still backing up in my tub and the manager refuses to refund my money even though I was given a 6 month warranty. I can only get my money back if I spend $3300 more on the correct repair.

I called the 800 number to get a plumber to fix what I presumed was a leak and a clog. A very nice plumber came out and cut a hole in my ceiling to assess the issue. He stated that I didn't have a leak. Water was just overflowing from the pipes under the toilet due to a clog. He snaked the mainline and diagnosed that I had tree roots in my line and that I would need to have the camera man come out and take a look. I paid $519 on 3/7/19 with a six month warranty on the work. The plumber said everything was flowing fine. I called Russell, the camera guy, out on March 14. He came to my residence and I explained what I was told. He said he was not going to do the camera inspection because it's impossible to have tree roots in the line of the second floor bathroom. He gave me his card and told me to call him if anything else happened.

Under the guise of my plumbing issue being resolved, March 16, I paid $120 to have the ceiling repaired where the water had damaged my ceiling and where the RR plumber cut the hole. My family doesn't use this bathroom at all because of the water issue but after it was repaired, I tried to use the shower on March 20. Immediately I noticed the water backing up and I ran downstairs and lo and behold the water was still leaking through my ceiling. I immediately called RR and Russell and the dispatcher sent out a plumber covered under the six month warranty. The plumber cut open the same hole that I just paid to get fixed. They eventually came to the conclusion that there was material in the line and snaked again. The only difference is this time he actually took the time to do a camera inspection and noticed that the line was fractured and that's why the water was backing up.

I spoke with the manager today and I was told the only way that they would refund my money is if I pay for the real repair that is $3300 and they will deduct it. Otherwise, per the manager Danny, I got the service that I paid for. I deferred to their expertise and Roto-Rooter failed to diagnose my issue the first time and they refuse to rectify it even though they warrantied the work.

I am in the process of trying to sell my home and this has set me back in time and money due to water damage to my floor and the $120 I already paid and will have to pay again because Roto-Rooter didn't do their due diligence the first time around. I'm a single mother and hardworking individual. I don't have $519 to just give away. I'm very disappointed in how everything transpired and I will publicize even if it takes me contacting my local news station to get my money back. I'll never do business with these people again. $519 + $120 later my bathtub is still backing up which was why I called in the first place.

Cherelle,

Original review: March 21, 2019

I noticed that my water heater was leaking on Sunday afternoon (3/17) and called Roto-Rooter because I remember them from the commercial. I was really impressed by how fast a technician shows up after the scheduling. A technician came within 30 minutes. I explained to him that the water heater is leaking. And he told me that I need to have it replaced. I asked him for a quote, and he told me $2500. I asked what is covered for that price. He said that it covers the new water heater, installation with new connection pipes, and removal of the old one. The technician was very knowledgeable and nice, but I thought the price was too much and have to consider. The next day, I found a local plumber who replaced it for me for $1150, knowledgeable, nice and punctual. I still don't understand how Roto-Rooter could be so much more expensive. I would have gone with Roto-Rooter, if they had been more reasonable with their pricing.

John,

Original review: March 21, 2019

Called to have a bathroom sink concern resolved. Which was that it was clogged and when water would run upstairs that sink would get backed up downstairs. The tech looked at the sink and said “$549”. I asked for what. He said “to run a snake through the lines and a cleaner.” I told him we tried that. It did not work. He asked me to run the water upstairs. Verified the issue. Long story short he spent 8 hrs trying to figure it out and did not know why the water didn’t drain in that sink. Blamed my septic system which I brought to his attention if so it would affect other areas in the house not one sink.

He wanted me to pay $350 for an hour of labor!!! I was not told they charge hourly or that if the issue isn’t resolved I still have to pay. His answer was “I have to charge you something”! Spoke to his manager who was nice to offer to pay 50% of the job once they escalate it and the $300 would be a credit. Which was nice but it didn’t sit well that I had to pay $300 for a job that was not completed and wasted 8 hrs of my day. I didn’t want to commit to needing to use this company for further work. They are not trustworthy especially after being on hold and their automative system saying “no service no charge!” But then they come and want to charge because they have to charge me something?

Elissa,

Customer Satisfaction Manager

Original review: March 20, 2019

50 foot of my 75 foot main line is 4 yrs old. Installed by a friend. Had a clog and called Roto-Rooter. Late but he arrived. I agreed to a camera and a jet to clear the line. The line flowed but about 60 feet out a piece of old pipe was in the line which was the problem. Old pipe is like clay pipe or ceramic I am told. He said it's flowing, it's fine. Next thing, he gets a big snake out. ??? He worked that thing like a beast. Letting it just sit and spin working it up and down. The snake twisted around his hand and trapped him. I was like, "What the hell". He got himself undone. The snake is stuck in the drain 'cause he can't get it out. He removed a pin and took his snake machine home and said I had to pay for the cable he broke and he'll be back in the morning to remove the cable. They may have to excavate it but they will give me a good deal.

Is it time to lawyer up? He said a foreign object caused it. I was there. I say his ramming that snake in and out and letting it just spin cause the problem. Anybody ever seen an old sewer pipe from the 1950's, a piece of that was in my sewer line. Line was spotless other than that. Imagine a female product got stuck on it and just built up. Should I pay for his cable???

Anthony,

Customer Satisfaction Manager

Original review: March 17, 2019

I called this company after seeing Google reviews (NO they’re not accurate this time) and scheduled an appointment for 8:15-10:15 show time for a small copper pipe repair. They call and say 15mins, 1hr later, “oh 15-20 more minutes because of a train”, 45 mins later “we’ll give you 10 percent off”. The next day I have it scheduled for the morning and they call saying “45mins” at 9:25, 10:36 NOTHING. Please do not use this business as its customer service is not worth this headache of waiting on a weekend for slotted times. One of the worst.

Jennifer,

Customer Satisfaction Manager

Original review: March 15, 2019

Had sewer back-up in basement. They couldn't clear it outside, and charged $6,000 to put new flexible pipe in yard. They told me not to tell my insurance about the outside, because insurance wouldn't cover the problem. They wrote on paper what I should say to the insurance adjuster on the phone. When the water clean-up was done, they charged twice as much, and had fans, etc. in the house for 8 days.--Kept testing wetness on wall that was to be removed. They removed some of the asbestos floor tile, and they are not licensed for this, which posed a health risk to me.

Experts have written every-thing that was done wrong, and the asbestos removal company was appalled at the fact they had done this, plus left my basement in a hazard mess. They have been paid what the experts say was owed, and now they have put me in collections, and put a lien on my house, because I won't pay them another $6,000+, and they have been paid almost $12,000 from my insurance, and me. I found out by the adjuster, they would pay for the work done outside, so they were lying to me, and overcharging for their work. I have since found out this company is known to take advantage of elderly women. I am a retired R.N., and I have never had trouble with any company like this, and have always had perfect credit, I would advise everyone not to trust this company!!

Nancy,

I have responded to your email and we have also responded to your BBB complaint as well.

Customer Satisfaction Manager

Original review: March 11, 2019

My name is Bob **. We had a leak in our Wall at our home - - we used Servpro (Water Restoration Company) to locate the area that was leaking. The Leak was coming from the Master Bathroom Faucet. Servpro recommended we get a plumber to do the repair. We found on-line Roto-Rooter has a 5 star Rating - - so we chose Roto-Rooter as our Plumber. On Tuesday, March 5th the plumber arrived at our home at 1:50 p.m. I was at work, my wife was at home. My wife told the Plumber the location of the leak. The plumber could not estimate the repair cost without opening the Sheet Rock under our Master Bathroom Sink. So he cut a hole: 8 inches high by 15 inches wide. When the Sheet rock was removed he saw that the Cold Water Copper Line had a Pin Hole size leak.

About that time I called home to get the status of the Repair. I spoke to the plumber by phone. He told me about the Pin Hole Leak - - I asked him how much to Repair. He told me $600. After that he told my wife he needed to go out and buy a copper sleeve and 2 connectors – because he didn’t have in his truck. The Copper Line he bought was: 6 inches long by ½ wide. He returned with the parts and went to work without telling my wife that the Parts cost extra! So when the job was completed at 4:00 p.m. he went out to his truck and spent 30 minutes preparing the Bill in his truck. He came back into our home at 4:30 p.m. and the bill came to: $681.33 Labor + $157.05 = $838.38 Total - - which is: $238.38 higher than the $600 quote w/o authorization.

My wife asked why the price was $838.35 vs. the $600 he quoted me. He said the increase was due to the parts (which he never said would cost extra). However he did not include a copy of the part invoice. I called Roto-Rooter the same day as well as the following day and asked for a copy of the Part Invoice. I was told they could not e-mail me a copy of the invoice without the Manager reviewing the invoice. I asked when the Manager would contact me – I was told not until March 13th – or 1 week later - - this sounds very suspicious to us!

Since we did not get a copy of the Parts invoice my wife went to Lowe's and saw that the Cover Sleeve cost: $5.99 + $1.99 each * 2 for the Fittings on each side or a total of $10 + tax - - not $157.05 that we were charged without the parts invoice. Summary: $238.35 - - we did not authorize. Didn’t tell my wife the parts extra cost. Didn’t give a copy of the parts receipt. Office told us that only the manager could send us part receipt in 1 week. Same Parts at Lowe’s only cost: $10 + tax.

Bob,

Customer Satisfaction Manager

Original review: March 8, 2019

The only people who should use this company are people who are rich or have money to waste. Was charged $4000 to replace less than 4 feet of pipe in my wall behind kitchen sink. It took them all of about 4 hours to do. And originally they wanted to charge $5200. On the water restoration side they charged extra days for the fans and dehumidifier even though it says per 24 hour period. They were here for less than 48 hours. Will never do business with this company ever again. Lesson learned the hard way.

Jamie,

Original review: March 4, 2019

Just recently I have been told by an accounting agent from Roto-Rooter in Miamisburg Ohio that they will place a lien on the property for non-payment. The question that I need to ask is how can Roto-Rooter place a lien on the property when the property is not owned by our company or the tenants living on the property? From what legal experts tell us that a filing company can only place a lien on a property for non-payment if the company or person own the property. We are just waiting for our insurance company to sent them payment for the work that has been done by their worker. As soon as the insurance company sent the payment, then we will no longer will do business with Roto-Rooter. They hurt small business owners when trying to put lien on their property for hurts small business owners. This concept has to stop by their accounting department.

Joseph,

Original review: March 4, 2019

Well I have been having issues and what do you know I call back for them to fix the issue they wouldnt and the woman wouldn't let me talk to a manager so I continuously call back and nothing. No return call. So I ask to talk to the manager and what do you know who I was talking to is... Which isnt likely and also they magically dont have a voicemail so IDK who reads these. I wouldnt waste your time or money LMFAO. You wont get anywhere. Oh and the lady had the audacity to tell me what's happening isnt even happening. Yep ok cause you must be here. They suck.

Misty,

Original review: March 4, 2019

This company does not honor their guarantee, they just try to get as much money from you as possible. Obviously they take advantage of people because of the complaints. Anyway I was charged 500.00 and I still had the same problem. They wanted to charge me 5000.00 to break my basement floor because they couldn't locate the trap. Thank God I found the trap.

After not believing it was buried they looked in the wrong place or tried to rip me off. They offered to do a blow out to the street in which the camera did not show any backup but wanted to charge me an additional 500$ for that service. I asked them to just snake the toilet but they insisted was not the problem. So I called a small business Plumber and he snaked my toilet and replaced the wax ring also helped me clean up for only 150$. Thank God for honest people unlike Roto-Rooter who will try to take advantage of you and overcharge you for as much as they could.

Vaughn,

Original review: March 3, 2019

I'll update this review if/when I receive better service. Initial called made on Friday night regarding sewage problems in the basement. Was told that they could have a plumber out that night. Received a call from their dispatcher saying nobody was in the Kenosha area and they would have somebody out between 6-8 pm the next day for me.

The following morning my toilet backs up and is now part of the problem. 730 pm the next day I call just to make sure they are going to be on their way. They state their plumber is on another call and may be a few minutes late and they would call when on their way. 830 pm called to follow up and dispatcher states that the plumber is still on the other call and asked if I wanted to reschedule. I really wanted to keep the appointment bc my main lines are getting worst. She said she will keep me updated.

945 pm I called and dispatcher says the same thing. They are now over four hours late on my appointment on a Saturday and I still do not have anybody out here to address my problem as they said they would. This is absolutely ridiculous and needs to be addressed. If I wasn't in such a bind to get this fixed I definitely would look elsewhere.

11 pm I get a call that the plumber is still at the other location and can’t come. Seriously? I waited 6-8 bc that was my appt and they finally tell me they can’t come at 11 pm? And they rescheduled and said I am the first appointment 9-10 am on Sunday. Sunday 10:15 AM I get a call stating that the plumber is at another appointment and they are trying to get him out. Why do you guys make appointments but cannot keep them? How did you say I was going to be the first appointment Sunday yet your plumber is at another appointment? Don’t bother making appointments here or waiting for a plumber. They don’t show up and don’t keep you updated. This is no way to run a business.

Jason,

Original review: March 3, 2019

Two months ago called Roto-Rooter for backed up sewer. Technician suggested jetting the sewer line at an outrageous price of $1000. And now the sewer backed up again. The same technician suggested to jet the second half of the property at a whopping price of $1300. Here's why I think they are ripping me off. The original jetting was incomplete. He jetted the sewer from the toilet to the service port outside the building pushing everything to that point. And now the clog from the service port to the street. He should have completed the job by continuing the jetting from the service port to the street on the first visit. I feel being taking advantage of for my lack of knowledge. Now I understand how they play out the scam. I WILL NEVER USE ROTO-ROOTER AGAIN!

Sam,

Original review: March 2, 2019

I have been using Roto-Rooter for many years for cleaning my drains once a year and all my plumbing needs. I knew I was paying a bit more but was pleased with the service and trusted them. Great office staff, great workers. Sometime back in January 2019 I had a plumber out to repair my toilet. It took 2 days to get him out here because they were unable to deal with the new computer system. I paid by check as usual but they were pretty much unable to process credit card charges and I never did get a receipt which they had promised they would mail.

YESTERDAY I had a bad leak under my bathroom sink which I caught just before total disaster happened but still a big mess. I told them I wanted everything under that sink replaced and I can only suppose that he did it. BUT, he threw a wet towel down on a multiple plug surge protector which shorted it out and would have ruined the wall plug too but it has a protector on it. It threw my circuit breaker and it took me 2 trips out to the box in the yard to figure out what had happened and restore service to that wall plug. AND, a 25.00 surge protector is in the trash.

Before he left as I was paying him he told me the amount and I said "Did you say 335.82?" and he said "No, that's 385.82" so I wrote the check. I started not to even go online and print out my receipt (which is ridiculous) but I did and saw that it was only 335.82 so I called Melissa. She said he'd come back and change out the checks. He never showed up and in the meantime I found the surge protector messed up so I called her again and told her to just tear up that check and I'll send her another which I've done already.

This new computer system just isn't working well. Old people don't usually know enough about computers to print out their receipt. A receipt should be handed to the customer before the worker leaves. I'm almost 83 and had no problems with it but I don't like it. This is the worst experience I've ever had with Roto-Rooter and I'm not a happy customer. I would like for someone to come out and check this man's actual work since I just don't trust anything about this experience now. Frankly, I'm thinking of changing plumbing services.

Janelle,

Original review: March 2, 2019

Updated on 03/06/2019: I’ve tried over and over to communicate with Roto-Rooter and they won’t respond. They are required to reply one time to make themselves look good but nothing after that. Don’t get overcharged like I did. Call someone else. $700 for 2 1/2 hours of work is too much. A simple plumbing pipe fixture that was ready to be worked on.

Original Review: I was charged over $700 for 2 hours of a water pipe replacement. I called the supervisor and he advised the charge was correct. I said okay. Roto-Rooter is marked off my list. I said I couldn’t understand why the charge was so much.

Joseph,

Customer Satisfaction Manager

Original review: March 1, 2019

Would be a 5 star. Tech came out, looked over, told us what was wrong but this is where it went south. After leaving Monday about 1 am this morning we noticed water at our bottom step. Had to shut the water and electricity off at the house. Couldn’t figure out the problem. Called them. They sent 4 techs out to figure out the problem. After reviewing security footage we found the issue which they aren’t aware of that we know the reason behind the flooding as it was due to the tech on Monday leaving both ejection pump in plugged causing all the water to back up then proceed to admit that that was the issue that caused the flooding which was caught on sound and video. Plus I was down there and they did not realize it. Also have pictures before and after they arrived.

They then proceeded up the stairs and tried telling us it was due to rainwater because it was clear my not stupid and don’t lie to me it’s middle of winter and hasn’t rained at all in a week or 2. Had no problems till after the tech was here then told me to claim it on my homeowner's insurance but I will be contacting my attorney and will be turning over all video, sound and pictures since they want to cover up a mistake their tech did and caused thousands of dollars of damages. I will not and will never ever recommend them to anyone in my area. A 250k+ home built in 2016 damaged due to the lack of paying attention. This won’t be the only place I wrote a review and will warn everyone.

Steven,

Customer Satisfaction Manager

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

My husband and I are an older couple and we had a septic line that needed snaking out. My husband is unable to do this because he is totally disabled by a bad heart and multiple surgeries on his back. Roto-Rooter came out in December 2018 and snaked the drain and put a new seal on my commode in the bathroom. The drain seemed better without initially backing up into the bathroom sink, toilet, and bathtub as before. The commode is now very unlevel and very loose and wasn't before they "fixed" it.

About a week ago I began noticing wet toilet paper floating in my yard where the tech snaked the drain and our bathroom tub, sink, and toilet is backing up again. My husband dug down in his disabled condition and found the cap had not been placed back on the septic line after the tech snaked it and was at least a foot away from the opening. Bernard **, owner will not honor the no hassle guarantee and wants money to fix the problem the tech caused leaving the line uncapped. Don't use these people.

Gary,

Customer Satisfaction Manager

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

No idea how this company stays in business. I reached out via email to the CEO/COO indicating my displeasure of the cost I had to pay for 35 min of work... and how one of their service techs came to my home to unclog a kitchen discharge pipe. First, I knew where the problem was and the tech didn't have to do any troubleshooting to locate the clogged pipe. This pipe I have had issues within the past and clogging has occasionally happen. I removed the cleanout for the tech before he arrived, hoping to save him time and me some money.

NOPE, my error was to sign the $489.00 contract which I was told is a flat rate. Whatever you do, DO NOT hire this company but IF you do DO NOT sign the contract. Especially if you call them to unclog a pipe/drain. Now to be fair, Roto-Rooter guaranteed the work they did for 6 months and if they have to return to address the same clogged pipe, there would be no charge. I've owned my home for 30+ years and I can count on one hand how many times that pipe has clogged... Lesson learned, I will never call on Roto-Router again.

Kevin,

Customer Satisfaction Manager

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

So I called these guys because I thought they were the best and that's what everyone told me. Had a clogged basement drain that left my basement flooded with several inches of water. After three hours, not only had nothing been accomplished, but once they left I had to replace The water inlet valve that was tight in my washer because apparently knobs and valves have been turned on and off at some point causing the connection to crack and spray. Made me sick to my stomach to fork over that money. Don't call these guys.

Russ,

Customer Satisfaction Manager

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

My experience with Roto-Rooter has been awful from the start and it is not even close to finished. Let me begin by saying that I am a single mother with my 3 children living in my household. I had sewer line back up into my basement and Roto-Rooter came to my house for the first time on January 21, 2019. From the start, there has been a total lack of competency and communication with workers and management. I have been told one thing one minute, to be told something completely different the next. No one seems to know what the other person is doing or saying.

I have outside line insurance. Roto-Rooter was the contract company that I was referred to by the insurance company. They proposed replacing the entire sewer line for $9500. The insurance agreed to cover $7700 based on my policy and I agreed to pay $1800 at that time. Since then, they have dug up my sewer line, ruined my entire yard and patio, fully collapsed my sewer line, broken my patio table, and have still not fixed anything. They initially claimed there was a boulder the size of a small car that was blocking their ability to complete the job. They left the job site and didn't return for a week, after I made multiple phone calls. They said they would barricade the area with plastic fencing before leaving, but they left everything completely open and a hole 5ft long x 2ft wide x 3ft deep completely exposed that any child or animal could fall into.

Then, the city public works came and reviewed the line placement and scenario and told them to just go around the boulder that they claimed was such a huge issue. The city also said that since Roto-Rooter has now collapsed the sewer line they are responsible for completing the job and that any other plumbing company would be very unlikely to come in and take over where Roto-Rooter left off. They then claimed that they did not have the proper equipment to go into a hole the depth of what was needed for my line (12-15 ft) that would ensure the safety of their workers, but also gave no alternative options or suggestions. They returned their payment to the insurance company and were apparently trying to skip out on the job entirely.

I have been getting nothing but a runaround ever since. It is now February 18th and I still don't have a working sewer line, have feces and sewage all through my basement still (3 days short of a month like this), and have now been told they will be back out Wednesday, a day later than I was told last week, to "see what they can do". When asked why they moved it back another day, I was told they had another job site they had to be at tomorrow. I would think a job they started a month ago that is a total health hazard to myself and my children would be a priority, but apparently it isn't. Since January 21st, my children and I have had to take showers/baths at friends' houses and at a local gym, have not been able to run water for more than a few seconds, are doing dishes out of a basin and dumping it outside, and have had to put our used toilet paper in ziplock bags (as recommended by the Roto-Rooter employees).

We have flushed the toilet on a sparing basis as absolutely needed, which of course results in it coming right back up into the basement. My next step is to alert the Board of Health as well as the Better Business Bureau. I believe they took an "easy pay" insurance (primarily) covered job without doing their due diligence in assessing the situation and repairs needed, and then when they realized they were in over their heads they attempted to flee the job completely and leave us stranded with more damage than was there when they were initially called. This company should be completely ashamed of the way they run and manage their business.

Melissa,

Customer Satisfaction Manager

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

Do not use this terrible company. I thought they were a reliable company until I tried them out, and saw they are not honest. I had sewer back up in my basement. I paid for a service for them to rod the clean out, and the next day I still had a problem with the toilet water not flushing. The invoice showed that I have a 6 month warranty. The tech that came out didn't know what he was doing. I had to direct him, and he was about to try to fix the problem. All of a sudden a camera guy came without an appointment.

The camera guy saw I was hesitant to open the door since I never asked for a camera guy. He then lied to get me to open the door, and pretended he was a supervisor. He then proceeded to go to where the tech was working. The tech told the camera guy he needed to go to his van for more supplies to get this sewer back up fixed. He asked the camera guy to help him carry his equipment. The 2 of them disappeared for some time.

The camera guy left without telling me, and the tech came in to tell me he's not doing the work, and will make sure to set up another appt. with a Real plumber since he's only a tech! Roto-Rooter kept on canceling my appointments, and gave me a hard time! I had to call the company so many times, and they kept lying to me that they will send someone out there. Then they told me they don't have real plumbers, and only techs available. Finally some jerk that was a tech called me, and was screaming at me on the phone. I told him I had a 6 month warranty, and the tech was being disrespectful asking me how much I paid.

I called back Roto-Rooter, and they said the next day they will send another tech. Again they canceled my appointment. I had to call so many times, until they finally sent a creep for a tech who looked like he was about 18 years old. He didn't know much about how to do plumbing work. This young kid was too lazy to even try. He walked in, and said he doesn't want to do the work! I called the company to complain, and they said they will see what they can do! They lied, and I never heard back from them! Roto-Rooter is a Scam! Don't trust them! I will never recommend this company to anyone! They don't even deserve one star but, you're forced to pick between one, and five stars! This is the worst plumbing company I have ever used! They don't stand by their work or warranty! The customer service is terrible!

Sara,

Customer Satisfaction Manager

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

From beginning to end a nightmare. Would not quote a price to unclog kitchen sink. I figured it couldn't be more than 150. So they show up give me a quote of $349. For a simple kitchen clog, stating that that is there going rate for that service. I refused and he came down to 200, still highway robbery, and said well then you don't get a guarantee. Rip off artist! Then he just strolled through the house without announcement and scared my tenant who was in the bathroom. Worst company ever!!! If that's your going rate you could have saved us both time by telling me when I called. I would definitely never called them again.

Maryann,

Customer Satisfaction Manager

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

They sent a technician to my place to replace a kitchen faucet and they said they can buy the parts and then charge me Market Price which is 60% more than the real price which make sense, but at the end they sent me a bill with 4 time of the real price, and when I tried to reach them, they didn't answer, they rip off their customers. So greedy!

Mana,

Customer Satisfaction Manager

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

The tech came out to unclog my toilet, When he pulled the toilet he flooded my bathroom with sewage water and was surprised when it happened. He was not a professional plumber! Any professional should know how your pipes work! So after flooding my house with sewage water, he insisted on me paying the full $600 bill! $600 to flood my house with sewage! DO NOT EVER LET ANYONE YOU KNOW USE THIS COMPANY!!!

Jeffrey,