Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Roto-Rooter Reviews

Original review: Oct. 8, 2019

This company is not professional, I had someone come to put a new sink garbage Disposal, and the person didn’t turned off the house power (electricity). He proceed with his job and when he notice he hasn’t turned off the house power it was too late. He said “Oh I have to turn off the electricity. I just got shocked”. Well after he put the garbage disposal he turned off the switch and my kitchen microwave stopped working, my refrigerator stopped working, and also my tv stopped working as well yet I was charged $500.00.

At this point I have tried to escalate the situation 3 times. I’ve gotten laughed at, someone also hanged up on my face. This company is NOT professional at all and I honestly don’t recommend this company. I called a company, I didn’t call my neighbor. I paid for a PROFESSIONAL SERVICE not a street service. I called somewhere where I was expecting educated employees that know how to perform their jobs. I am extremely unsatisfied. Honestly so disappointed. You guys have no idea what I’m going through because of this. They hire people that aren’t certified to my understanding.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2019

I had a bad experience with Roto-Rooter. I live in Hollister CA and scheduled appointment online, then call them to confirm. Technician scheduled to come Wednesday from 10am to 2pm. Representative called at 2 and said they are behind and technician can come only at 4pm. We rescheduled appt to Friday at same time. However they call on Friday at 2pm again and said technician come later. Of course they apologised and offered to schedule appt on weekend Saturday or Sunday. So we agreed that technician comes Sunday from 8am to 12pm. Today is Sunday. The representative called at 7:50am and told they don’t do services on weekends. This is absolutely unacceptable. I lost all week, waiting and wasting my time. The bottom line is the problem is not fixed. I have to find another company. I would never recommend Roto-Rooter. They are not professional. Never recommend them. I wouldn’t give any stars.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

We own a corner shopping center. One of the toilets in the building were backed up and they needed to clear the sewer line. They estimated $445 for 30 Min job. I had to authorize the charge as I was leaving the town and the did the work. As the owner of this business, I will never use their services as this is complete rip off.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2019

Roto-Rooter is not only unable to fix plumbing issues, but they create them instead. My home was an innocent bystander as my neighbor hired a technician from Roto-Rooter who failed miserably at common sense and basic skills within the plumbing profession. The technician neglected to turn the water off to my neighbors house prior to cutting a main water line. This cause my neighbors home to flood and intern, my home as well. The technician admitted to causing much damage within our 2 homes, yet all Roto-Rooter has done is try to pass us off to their insurance company. It's taken weeks to get an estimate, and therefore, we've been living in unsafe damaged homes.

When I finally received the estimate (that Roto-Rooter had to sign off on), it was a complete low ball. Damage was done to all of my flooring, cabinetry, kitchen appliances, and even my HVAC unit. In addition to all of these damaged things, they have no concern for my health as they have not included any type of mold remediation cost in their estimate. Interestingly enough, my neighbor and I sustained similar damage to our home, yet his estimate came out to be more than double what mine was. I have tried to contact and left messages for Robbie ** for a couple weeks with no response. Roto-Rooter deems it acceptable to pass their mistakes on to their insurance company, and never make the situation right. I know this as I am still living in a half destroyed home a month after this issue started.

Their water restoration team tore up half of my flooring, partially removed baseboards, and stopped midway through their job because an adjuster needed to come prior to them doing this work. They left my home in ruins and never returned to clean up the mess they started. Do not use this company, as they will cause you more damage and expect you to pay to fix the messes they cause. They employ uneducated, incompetent technicians and lack the ability to properly compensate for their mistakes.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

My pipes was clogged and slow draining, I called for service. The man showed up apparently in a hurry. He ran the snake twice and told me there was a lot of grease he couldnt get unclogged. I then paid 199$ for service call, would not take my 60$ coupon. I then spoke to district manager. He told me he would make it right. The following day another man came out and ran the snake then I heard a loud pop noise, the man pulled the snake out and told me it had mud on it. Leading to telling me the pipe was broke. Wonder what the pop noise was. Now they want to send a camera down the drain for 324$, so for the small sum of 523$ I still wont have a fix to my problem, just more money down the drain. What a scam.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Roto-Rooter?

Original review: Sept. 6, 2019

Maybe I should I seen this coming. When prior to getting me to sign for the work to be done on my kitchen plumbing he asked that I sign an additional and separate sheet agreeing that I wouldn't sue or hold them liable for another area in my house that may stop working. So needless to say I saw no reason why this should happen. So after his explanation of this I thought the chances of such an event was so minute that I signed. An hour and half after he left I went upstairs to use the restroom and notice my toilet draining so slowly. I would have never thought this until it struck me as peculiar that he mention this is why he asked me to sign the disclaimer. So I won't use them again.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2019

When their auger (snake) got stuck, they cut it off and left. They were at my house less than 6 hours and it cost me $960. The drain is now doubly clogged and now feces, toilet paper and bath water comes out of the drain that they had to leave open.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2019

This is for the callback appointment we had. The leak was still leaking water and was not fixed from a previous visit. I reached out to the field supervisor and he said he will talk to his coordinator to set up something. Two and half days later I’m still waiting and wondering if I even had an appointment. So I finally called the 800 number to try and set up something only to find out that an appointment had already been made at the local office - why did no one from the local office reach out to me to let me know????

Appointment day rolls around and no one shows up. I don’t know the number to the local office so I called the 800 number again only to be told that the technician is having car trouble and they do not know when he’ll be out. Really? No courtesy to even give me a heads up or even offer someone else. So I’m like, "Fine, I don’t have time to wait all day, just let me reschedule." The new appointment day rolls around and I’m waiting and calling the 800 number to get an ETA. It’s always something - let me transfer you turns into it ringing so long that it disconnects me or be told that they’re at lunch.

Well this same day of me calling trying to get an ETA, the local office calls me and tells me they want to reschedule. I’m like, "Huh? I thought I had an appointment." She goes, "No you don’t. I’m the only one that can schedule callbacks." I’m confused by this time. Side note - she needs to be trained on better customer service. I was put on hold for her to take a personal call. She says, "Dispatch and customer service will tell you whatever they want to get you off the phone." So by this time I’m completely frustrated. I said, "Fine. Can you do 9 am the next day." She’s goes yes and confirms it.

So here it is the next day, 9 am comes and goes and no technician. I called her. She says, "Let me have the technician call you to give you an ETA." He calls - says 11:30-12 noon. I’m like okay. Sitting here waiting. I call him back at 12:45 and he says, "Sorry. I had an emergency call that I had to take care of." I’m on the phone like WTF?! You knew you had to be out to take care of my leak but had to take another call and bump me down further?!! He says, "I’ll be there in 30 mins." He calls again in 30 mins - "I’m stuck in traffic."

What was supposed to be 9 am appointment has turned into a I-have-no-idea-when-they-will-get-here time. If the coordinator knew he wasn’t able to be here 9 am, why even agree to that time?? And why is that the systems don’t talk to each other?? The 800 number has no idea what was going on at the local office and vice versa. So as I’m typing this at 2:10 pm, I’m still waiting for the technician to show up for a 9 am appointment. I will never use Roto-Rooter again. This is the last time.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2019

BEWARE of deceptive, overpriced billing practices! Called Roto-Rooter to snake two drains. Technician completed the work BEFORE he gave me an estimate. If I had known they were going to charge me $356 per drain, I would have never agreed to let the technician do the job. I complained to management about how the technician failed to provide me with a quote and they reduced the fee to $356 plus tax. Still highway robbery in my opinion.

In addition, I was informed that it is company policy for the technician to remain in your home until you pay in full. So, even if you have a dispute about the price they want to charge you, they won't leave until you pay so they essentially hold you hostage. I have the emails to prove this company policy of making the technicians wait till they receive full payment. I made a complaint with the BBB and the company's resolution was to place me on a "do not service" list! Roto-Rooter is not a consumer friendly company who seeks to put their customers first.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

Contacted Roto-Rooter in Renton, WA to resolve clogged drains in the kitchen and bathtub. I was quoted $495 for the first drain and $250 for the 2nd with the claim that that my 2 story home (Which I recently rented out due to relocating for work) is a commercial property! If it weren't for the urgent need of my tenants I would not have paid a ridiculous $742 for this. Do not work with these guys. They are a complete ripoff with shady practices. Greg

Roto-Rooter Company Information