1.23/5

542 Roto-Rooter Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

I would actually give them zero stars but this site won't let me. Don't ever call Roto-Rooter in Mtn. Home, AR. Not only do they charge inconsistently with what is advertised (corporate offices handle that), but they take four hours to do a job that should be an hour and a half, don't do the job to completion because they're charging hourly instead of the flat fee advertised (meaning everything that was asked to be snaked can't be because you can't possibly afford it). (Will have to come back because the problem wasn't fixed charging you again even though they're supposed to have a no hassle guarantee that it will get done without a charge for having to come back.) And then when you try to get them to come out the third time, the owner will laugh at you.

They want to work on things without the homeowner present, dig up yards unnecessarily (especially since I've been told this one isn't licensed to handle pipes in the ground and installing clean outs, etc. they still want to dig up my yard with a backhoe... Um, no) and then when you ask for a refund you get hung up on. And my favorite thing...one of their techs was running around with my credit card info written in a notepad, not on the invoice, and I had to cancel my card due to it being a security issue. What a hassle. I have contacted corporate offices and reported their business practices but I'm likely to just be out the money and I still can't run my washing machine, dishwasher and shower the way I should.

Onnica,

Please email me your full-service address including zip code so that I can look into this as soon as possible. Please also include a copy of this review.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

Technician was fine, city had came out day before and said lower end of line was great so it had to be clogged up by house (approx 10 yards) but I would have to call plumber. City comes back out next day no by my asking and ask - "Did you get it fixed." I said, "Actually he owns way now." Roto-Rooter shows up. Line is blown out in less than 3 minutes, took longer to get hose out truck and connected to my water then to be blown out! BAM! $440 plus tax plus he said he had to fix the lower end of line which city said was fine, but they said they missed something. $900 BILL!!! You talk about going broke and getting raked!!! $440 plus tax for less than 3 minutes!!!

Had a 2nd opinion plumber come out today to tell me what job should have cost (approximately I said). He said I got charged double! And asked me why I called Roto-Rooter (because I couldn't flush and I had to take whomever got here first). I hope and pray I never have another plumbing issue and that another neighbor/friend will ask me about my experience. Because I can assure you that every car/truck that went down the road looked over at my driveway and saw the Roto-Rooter truck here because I saw them! I will 1000% percent tell them about this and I will do my best to make sure they don't get taken/**/broken etc by Roto-Rooter as I did!!!

Terry,

Want to claim this page for your business? Learn More
Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

I called Roto-Rooter for the first and last time today. I experienced a sink clog, toilet valves not closing properly, and a shower drip. They dispatched a plumber out quickly, however, they charged me more than double the market rate. The sink was snaked to clear the clog. I was charged $450 to snake the sink... while the market rate is between $100-$200. I will never use Roto-Rooter again. They take advantage of customers with no plumbing knowledge. Who knows how much I was overcharged on my shower drip and the toilet valves were not fixed at all. WARNING to unaware honest folks trying to make a living... Don’t call this company. They will rip you off. Lesson learned the hard way.

Mary,

Customer Satisfaction Manager

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

A new hot water heater was installed on Jan. 21st. Since then, two other techs we have had called out because it won't produce enough hot water for one full shower. Also the water barely even gets very hot. We were told, it because of this time of year, cold pockets, etc, etc. The tech left today, still not fixed. It's a brand of hot water heater we've never heard of, State. We think it's a lemon. My elderly mother is going crazy because she needs a hot shower to help with her arthritic pain. $1200 down the drain, literally. They still don't care! Do NOT use this company!!!

Carey,

Customer Satisfaction Manager

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

Wis was amazing, very professional and very hardworking young man. He told me exactly what he going to do to solve the problem and he made sure that everything was running well before he left. Thank you Wis.

Thank you!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Roto-Rooter?

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

Bad experience. I have two cleanouts in my backyard. One cleanout comes from my bathroom and ties into the 2nd cleanout which goes straight to the city main which lies roughly 110 feet out into the alley behind my house. January 1st of 2019 I began experience an issue with a blockage in the main line for my bathroom. This is the line that is smaller and joins to the longer main leading to the alley. Each time we would run any water in our bathroom it would come out of the top of the cleanout. Clearly there was something blocking that main line. I purchased a snaking tool at Lowe's and was able to punch through the blockage and get the water in that cleanout to drain.

The same blockage would reoccur 1 week later in the same pipe. Knowing I could not easily afford a call to a local plumber or Roto-Rooter I attempted and was successful in getting it to drain a 2nd time. Each time I was hopeful that the blockage was completely eliminated. January 15th was the last time that I attempted myself to clear the blockage, again occurring in the cleanout from the bathroom. I made many efforts this 3rd time to unclog it and was unsuccessful. Despite knowing I didn’t comfortably have the money to call Roto-Rooter I had no other choice as temperature were going to be reaching negatives in that upcoming weekend so I called Roto-Rooter out.

January 16th (the next day) the dispatcher called me and service tech James ** came out to service my drain. He ran 105 foot snaking out the main line from the cleanout. It was successful in getting the water to drain just as my previous 2 attempts had also been “successful”. I use the term successful loosely as neither of the times were complete satisfaction. I paid James $285 after the coupon that I used was processed and he gave me a 6 month guarantee.

Based on my previous experiences with it blocking up I also asked if Roto-Rooter would be able to send out a camera inspection to verify with 100% certainty that the job was successful. James told me that would be included if there was another occurrence within the 6 months. One thing I need to explain about my cleanouts. The bathroom cleanout is tied into the 2nd cleanout which runs out to the city main. If the bathroom main is blocked it comes out through the cleanout which doesn’t in my opinion make it an emergency situation. However when the 2nd cleanout which is tied in gets blocked the water draining to that cleanout has nowhere to go so it comes back up through the floor drain in my block basement.

That leads me to January 18th 2019. My 2nd call to Roto-Rooter. I was already cashing in on my 6 month guarantee. I walked down into the basement on January 18th and noticed water had gathered around the floor drain and was not draining. I went out to the cleanout and could observe water standing still in the cleanout drain not draining. This time it was the other cleanout that was not draining. I believe that James the first technician was able to move the blockage but not push it all the way to the city main so instead of successful clearing it he just prolonged the inevitable. The dispatcher called me back and sent out a different technician named Rodney **. Rodney came out and both technicians that came out were very professional.

My experience with the technicians was not bad. I explained the situation to Rodney and showed him the water in the basement. He ran his line, again his line was roughly 105 feet. He told me he had to clip some off of his line in the past. I tell you this statement because again my main line is at least 110 feet to the city main. It took Rodney more time but he was eventually able to get the water to drain. I again say this attempt was “successful” in getting the water to drain but was skeptical in its ability to successfully clear the problem. I asked Rodney about calling a camera inspection as it had been explained to me by the prior technician that I would be awarded an inspection if another blockage occurred. Rodney called Ronnie to perform a camera inspection and the camera tech had it in his notes to come out. Rodney packed up and left around 5pm.

Around 8pm I had became impatient waiting for the camera inspection so I called back to dispatch. A few minutes later I received a phone call from Ronnie the camera inspection person. He proceeded to explain to me that he would not be coming out as a part of the 6 month guarantee. He told me he had spoken with his excavation manager and that a camera inspection was not part of a 6 month guarantee. I explained to Ronnie why I had sought out a camera inspection given the previous attempt at clearing the blockage unsuccessfully. I had asked for the inspection to be covered in the 6 month guarantee because I couldn’t afford to pay an additional cost. He told me his hand were tied and that he could come out but he gave me a quote of the cost for a camera inspection and said he was sorry that I was given incorrect information.

Last Friday was the last time Roto-Rooter came out. This brings me to Wednesday January 23rd. 5 days after the last technician had came out. I went into the basement to get an item and saw that I had over 3” of standing water in my basement. My furnace and my water heater are located in the basement. I made sure to turn off the furnace and immediately called Roto-Rooter. It was around 5pm when my first call went out to Roto-Rooter. I explained the situation, very frustrated and explained that it was an emergency because we could not use any water in our house without it backing up into the basement and we couldn’t turn on our furnace which was not a good situation with below freezing temperatures approaching that evening.

The first call to Roto-Rooter was successful and I was then waiting on dispatch to call me back. I received a phone call from dispatch around 90 minutes after my first call. I explained the situation to dispatch and he notified me that unfortunately there was no technicians within the radius that would be available to come out that night. Despite the emergency of this event and the fact that the problem I had paid $285 to have corrected still was not corrected I was now forced with finding a different place for my wife and 2 young children to stay for the night. Dispatch explained that they could have a technician out the next day and asked what time worked for me. We decided on a four hour gap of 12pm-4pm. In that time we were unavailable to use anything in our house.

Today is Friday, January 25th 2019. Yesterday from 12-4pm I should have received a phone call from a Roto-Rooter dispatcher. I did NOT receive contact. I waited the entire day. For the 2nd day in a row I left the water stand in the basement now a little higher and gave Roto-Rooter the entire day to call me because I knew I couldn’t afford to call another company to come out. As of this morning I called a local plumbing company and they came out and ran their equipment and unclogged the main line. This technician ran 125 feet out into the city main. I had to borrow money to pay this technician to come out.

At the beginning of this email I acknowledged I would explain my situation first so I could explain what I am seeking. I feel this is simple. I was not given satisfactory work through Roto-Rooter and when an emergency occurred as a result of negligence in completely servicing the client with the goal of completing the initial task I believe I should be warranted the refund of $285 which was the cost of my initial payment. I paid for a service that was unsuccessful in the goal of clearing the blockage in my main lines. I was forced to call another company as a result of unprofessionalism in not performing the task I was told they could perform. I emailed the customer satisfaction employee, public relations employee and company president and have yet to receive a response.

Trevor,

Customer Satisfaction Manager

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

NO STARS - I wish I would have found this site before we called this company. We called another plumber to come out to unclog a drain that was causing an issue with our downstairs bathroom. When that company came out the person who flushes out the line was on vacation so we could have waited but instead we called Roto-Rooter. They are a name we have heard before so we never thought we would have an issue. They came out and got their water jetter stuck in our main drain that goes to our septic. My mother in law passed away so we are trying to get ready for her wake and they said they would be back the next day to fix the issue.

The smell in our home is unbearable because they leave the everything open. It didn't smell like feces before they started but it does now. Next day same thing. Then we are told to have our septic pumped out so they can see if they can pull their jetter out they way... at our expense. So we do this. Day 3 my husband goes down to the basement and it's flooded. It wasn't flooded before they got there but it is now. Here they unplugged the sump pump but left the pump sitting in sludge so now that doesn't work...

Now today they come back cut the end of the jetter which is still stuck in our pipe... and leave. My basement is still flooded and smells like ** and my clothes are ruined and they walked away like not their problem... I have the other plumber who can verify my basement was not like this when he left hours before. My insurance agent has called and guess what voicemail!!! Guess my family will smell nice for the Wake tomorrow due to this nightmare.

Laura,

Customer Satisfaction Manager

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

Discovered on my own after washing machine backed up all over my basement that the main sewer line must be clogged. Made an online appt with Roto-Rooter since they are widely known. Appt time was 4-8pm and I was supposed to get a call 30 mins before arrival. The email confirmation said 4-6 so I called at 5:35pm and was told that there was a delay to my area and I would get a call. Called at 8pm and was told the same and was assured that they work 24 hrs and I would definitely get someone.

At 10 pm I called again this time angry because I couldn't flush the toilet, use water, had laundry sitting in the washer, etc. Was told the appts were backed up from 12pm but they were moving me to the next in line. Tech arrived at 11pm and confirmed what I already knew. He said the normal rate is $549 with tax would come to $600. When I said that was ridiculous he said he could do it on the side for half and would take $300 cash or check but preferred cash. Being that it was 11pm and I had no running water I paid the $300. The guy was in my house for 15 mins and left it dirty.

Jennifer,

Customer Satisfaction Manager

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

Called Roto-Rooter to open a blocked kitchen drain, after my husband tried 3 times to open it up by removing the kitchen pipes and pipes in the basement and using a snake to open it up. Explained what we tried and tech told us it would cost $550. Husband said no way, he could replace all the pipes for less than that. So he dropped it to $450, we said no so he dropped it again to $350. Still felt it was too high but he was here and we wanted it done. Will never use them again and will not recommend to friends or family. If we didn't have plumbing knowledge, we would of paid that outrageous price. We thought Roto-Rooter had a good reputation... Not true.

E,

Customer Satisfaction Manager

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

DO NOT USE!!! THEY WILL TRY TO FLEECE YOU TO THE BONE! 3 hrs to clean the drain, with time charged to get more water for the jet!? The technician was a young guy that knew how to sell stuff! They used a jet right away instead of using steps like any other plumber would.

Jacek,

Customer Satisfaction Manager

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

Do not give this fraud company a dime! They will lie about the technician arrival service time just to have you commit to them and not seek a real company who will show up when stated! Which hinders you from calling a reputable competitor in a timely manner. They showed up to my home 3 hours late, when it was pitch dark! Unable to appropriately assess the issue! Did not fully check the main drains or cleanouts that were all located in the same area for the backed up drain! He showed up unprepared to fully service the issue needs, and “their own technician” stated to me that Roto Rooter is the worse company a consumer could call!

They will not tell you a price until they arrive and you are desperate at that point! They make up prices by looking at the area in which you reside, the size of your house and the vehicles in your driveway! $460 for a 5 minute snake and dodge job! They DID NOT take pictures of my drain like I requested and they were supposed to, and they did not assess the full issue! They make you sign the paperwork and provide the payment upfront, before they complete the full service! This is a breach of contract! Then they promise you that they will send someone back out the (following day) to finish the work! It doesn’t happen!!! They delay and delay and stall and stall for what was considered “an emergency” situation!

The worse company ever! My service was not completed and they have inconvenienced me! I’m going to file a report with the police if they try to “now” come back on my property to rectify their wrongs! I have already had to pay a new company to assess and resolve the issue because RR did absolutely nothing in the pitch dark with a tiny hand flashlight. They will never get a dime from me again and I look forward to a class action lawsuit being brought against this company!

Customer Satisfaction Manager

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

I was promised the water main water line that broke would be fixed by Jan 16. Today is Jan 18 and found out by making numerous phone calls that now it would be at least Jan 22 before they could get back out to do final inspection. I was told not to sign the clause that would allow me to back out of the contract in 3 days because I was told the work would be finished quickly. I’m into this fix for $6,500. The technicians they send out come ill prepared. No trencher, no water pump. It’s been raining and they don’t tarp the yard so the whole trench they finally dig fills up with water, delaying the fix even longer.

Constant texts saying techs and supervisor would be out then they show up hours later and only work for a short time, then leave with absolutely no word on progress. Was told on Jan 18 that work was completed and they were waiting on inspector to show up. I looked at their progress and saw several broken water lines unfixed and my sprinkler lines were cut through and unfixed. Still waiting for work to be completed...

Jason,

Customer Satisfaction Manager

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

So we had a back up in our basement and figured we would go with Roto-Rooter since they are a nationally recognized brand. They told us that we had issues with our sewage pipes and they needed to be replaced right away. Even warned us about running water too much as the pipes would back up again. They are the professionals and so they gave us a quote on the work and not knowing better and feeling the pressure to get problem fixed right away we went with them and put 50% down. They Said they would start work on Sunday and should only take 2 days. They did not come Sunday and ended up leaving message that it would be Monday. They came Monday at 4pm. Just looked at area that needed to be excavated and nothing else.

Came back Tuesday at 10 am and started digging. They stopped at 11:24 am. (I have it on my security camera.) Later we were told they found that our water line was next to our sewage line and that they would have to replace that for an extra $6000. I decided to do research and get other estimates and everything came back at half of the cost. All quotes even stated that they could do both the sewage and water line much cheaper than just what Roto-Rooter was charging just for sewage line. I called Roto-Rooter and asked what it would cost if we canceled the rest of the job. At first was told that there was no way they could cancel. Then I made another call and was then told they would cancel and fill in the hole they dug and refund me a little over $400. That would mean that they did less than 2 hours of work for $5300.

I asked if I could get an itemized breakdown of the cost and they said that they couldn’t at the moment and would have to get with escalating company. So the only option is to be out around $6000 or have them complete the job for close to $12,000. Question 1 - why were the 3 other plumbing companies quotes consistently 50% lowers than Roto-Rooter. Question 2 - why were they hesitant on getting me an itemized breakdown on the work they performed so far? It not like this is the first time they have done this. I think it’s because they have no way of justifying $5300 for less than 2 hours of work. BBB will be contacted. The entire experience will be shared on all forms of social media.

Michael,

Customer Satisfaction Manager

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

I called Roto-Rooter when I discovered water coming out of my washing machine drain in the basement. The technician Dave was left alone to work on my sewage line outside. After about 20-30 minutes out there he came back inside and told me that the pipe was collapsed and that he couldn't even get his equipment in the clean out because he was running into too many rocks. He quoted me $8500 to have them come replace my sewage pipe with a trenchless pipe burst. He told me it could be done tomorrow. My house is older and I'm a new homeowner so I didn't question what he was telling me because I panicked and just wanted it fixed. The whole crew came out the next morning and went to work.

A short time through digging the first hole they encountered an uncontrollable amount of groundwater (which I saw first hand). They were forced to stop what they were doing and put everything back. Dave came out while they were still on site and told me that they would need to bring in another guy to install a well point to be able to dig deep enough. The new cost would be $10,650. He sent in another technician to try a different machine to unclog it enough to run water in the house over the weekend. I left that technician to work on his own also and he called me outside about 20 minutes later again showing all kinds of rocks, trash, and debris he was pulling out of the cleanout with a long hook. He said there was nothing they could do.

The soonest they could be there to complete the job was Monday (3 days later). I was upset but I trusted them and signed the paperwork. Monday came around and no one came or called. So I waited a while and then called Dave at about 10:30 AM. He told me his subcontractor couldn't make it until Wednesday but he was looking for an alternate. I grew impatient and angry to the point where I called another company to see if they could do something faster. This other company had the clog out in literally under 5 minutes. No rocks or anything out of the ordinary came out of the cleanout; just those "flushable wet wipes."

I had that technician inspect the line with a camera and his conclusion was it would last longer than I owned the house and was in good condition, no further services required. Roto-Rooter felt comfortable literally scamming me out of over $10,000 to replace a perfectly good pipe and do permanent damage to my driveway by cutting into it to dig. Thank God for high groundwater. This time it saved me a fortune. The rocks and debris were absolutely planted by these crooks and when I called Dave after it was fixed his only response was "Really they fixed it? All those rocks in there? Well we tried for you."

Nat,

Customer Satisfaction Manager

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

Monday, 01/07/2019 Roto-Rooter plumber arrived at ** to clear a clogged Kitchen sink. Stayed a little over 1.0 hours. Charged $489.00. No parts replaced. No quote before starting work. Hourly rate of $489.00/hour. Three calls to Roto-Rooter, 01/07, 01/10 and 01/11 to GM. None returned.

Michael,

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

Pathetic. Was called an hour before the end of their 4 hour window to arrive to tell me that they can’t get to my appointment and would have to reschedule. Someone else told me they would do this as they had experienced the same issue. Would highly suggest getting a more professional company for your plumbing needs. Needless to say I won’t ever use this company in the future and will recommend anyone I know to never use them either.

Robert,

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

I am making a complaint on one of your drivers. He was driving way over the speed limit passing vehicles on both sides of the lanes. This happened on 79 South in Pittsburgh, Pa on January 8, 2019 at 10:44 am. He didn't even use turn signals and almost side swiped my daughter's vehicle. I know this will probably not be taken care of because it's his word against mine but I just wanted to bring it to your attention.

Leigh,

Please email me so that I can look into this as soon as possible. Please also include a copy of this review.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

Roto-Rooter advertises 24 hour service. I had a clogged main line and called to get assistance. They were very prompt in getting someone scheduled to come and fix the problem. The technician showed up in the scheduled window. When I told him the problem he rolled his eyes and was very put out to have to be doing this job. He told me "These older homes are crap and it is just better to replace everything." I don't want to have to replace everything if I don't have to. He then told me that he would not be able to complete the job because he didn't have the right equipment with him.

I was very specific what the problem was when I called. He told me he would have to come back tomorrow. When I told him that I worked and that is why I scheduled them for the time I had he said, "Well we will try to work with your schedule, but we are very busy this time of year and don't know when we can get to it again." When he left I called another company who was out to my house within the hour, treated me very fairly and stayed until the job was complete which was about midnight. I will not be calling Roto-Rooter again.

Leslee,

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

We had a stoppage in our kitchen sink late in the afternoon last weak. In a panic I called our local Roto-Rooter business. A technician was out within 2 hours. Before starting work he told me the charge would be $260. What a shock. Because of the late time and the danger of a major stoppage elsewhere I had him do the work. It took 20 minutes. So much for being a reputable, honest business.

Hugh,

Pat

Customer Satisfaction Manager

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

Called at 1 pm about kitchen sink clog. They sent me a manager to look at the issue and I thought it was actually very nice of them to come over before the plumber to observe the problem. Only realized when no plumber showed up at the estimated time, that the manager actually came to check how urgent is the problem and nothing more... When I called at 7:30 pm complaining that nobody showed up, they said they are sending the plumber now. I then said, "No thank you!"

Amit,

Pat

Customer Satisfaction Manager

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

Recently I called to have the basement drain in laundry room unclogged. I had the same problem 3 years ago in which Roto-Rooter had to replace the main sewer line at a cost of nearly $6,000.00. I was provided a written warranty of 5 years on all work performed. The technician at that time stated that if I had any problems within that time to just call. This time the tech said I need the drain snaked and that the warranty doesn't cover this! Then he quotes me $340.00 for this work. I called another company who quoted $95.00 and stated that they have a limited time special of $64.00.

Timothy,

Customer Satisfaction Manager

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

Pat (1899) came out today to assess our leak. He quickly discovered that our water heater was in bad shape and in need of replacement. He was knowledgeable and very pleasant. Thanks for taking care of our problem so quickly and efficiently on this busy holiday weekend. We really appreciate it.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

I called to get a price quote on unclogging the bathroom toilet and they said they don't provide pricing on the phone. I'm out of town so I asked my house guest to open the door for them to check and give pricing. They took advantage of my guest not speaking English, they didn't provide any written price quote for her nor asked me for my authorization. They spent only 25 min unclogging the toilet with a plunger and charged $235! I am seeking help from the bank and hopefully I can get some advice from here as well.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

Would give 0 stars if would let me. Do not use this scam company EVER. They told me a price to do job after job it was 200 higher. Was told parts were more than they thought. If that was case should have informed me before started job. I was told a sump pump and 4 ft piece of pipe was 520 dollars. SCAM, SCAM. Do not use. Their customer service is even worse and rude.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

I called Roto-Rooter to install a new garbage disposer. Their technician came in and while removing the old disposer, to make work easier and faster, just dropped it and damaged the cabinet. He charged $200 for 40 minutes of work and still denied their own discount coupon. Apparently, they are after easy money not customer satisfaction.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

Had my sump pump stop working last January and it was replaced by Roto-Rooter. Up to that point, my basement had never flooded the 3 years I lived in my home. The following December, after a snowfall melted, my basement flooded. The sump pump overloaded and flipped the breaker. They told me that is what the pump is supposed to do. When I told them the guy that installed the pump told me not to get a backup battery or a backup pump, I believed him. He told me I would never have to worry about my basement flooding again. He never mentioned that he installed a pump that was not as good as the one I had. He never told me the pump could get overloaded and flip the breaker. Now when I call for help on this situation, all I’m told is that they can send someone out to tell me what I really need. Thanks a lot for not getting it right the first time, and not guaranteeing your work. I’ll call someone else who cares about their future business.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

Updated on 12/06/18: When I pay someone to do as job, they should want to do their best. I could very well have been repeat business, won't be now though. Mike was passing it to the city. Told me not to call city, he was take care of it.

Original Review: I called Roto-Rooter on November 25, 2018, said he would be there in about an hour, he was on another job. He showed up to do the job. Said it was going to be 353.00 dollars before he did anything. He was going to clear it then run camera down. Thought that was great. He claimed he unclogged it by saying look running water. Didn't bring camera will have to come back next day. Show up November 26, 2018 with camera he didn't know how to use. He figured out after calling someone, he put it there and water. We took man cover lid off. No water coming through.

He said the ground settled on the pipe and the City is going to have to break it and fix it. I asked him to put his snake back in so I could see it through. Said he didn't have time, has two other jobs to do. Then left. I'm thinking I had to wait for him, but they can't. I did a survey and his boss called me six times in a row at midnight. I told it was kinda late. Had to block his number. Maybe Roto-Rooter encourages that kind of work. Personally I believe I entitled to at least 253.00 dollars back.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

My daughter called Roto-Rooter for a clogged drain in my kitchen sink. I will regret that she called them until the day I die. The plumber Joe came in and told me the job would take 2 hours quoting a price of $429. I told him that I would shop around for a more reasonable price. He told me that he wouldn’t be able to come back for a week and that those cheaper plumbers give you an hour and they are out. He wasn’t in my home for an hour. When he gave me the invoice in the amount of $349. I questioned him as he was done in 30 minutes. He said well It could have taken up to 2 hours.

This was a total rip-off. I would never recommend Roto-Rooter to anyone. I will share my unpleasant experience with everyone I know. I have had an encounter with another plumbing company and he was here over a hour. He fixed the bathroom drain. He was up and down in the basement. He explained his findings and his work. His price was very reasonable. I hate my daughter contacted Roto-Rooter. If I felt the price he charged me was worth his work I would say so but Joe knows his price for what he did was totally unfair to me the consumer.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

Technician came out to unclog drain, he ran into the clog and stopped because he thought he was going to break something. What he hit was the clog. I was told that they had to pressure wash my drain first. They are supposed to have a six month warranty on drinking clogs, that's a lie. They wouldn't even come out a week later. The technician was an idiot. My husband asked him how it was going with the drain and his response was "another day another dollar" my husband wasn't asking him about him he meant the drain. Technician didn't introduce himself or anything. They are not willing to send another technician to try to clear it. They want me to end up spending 550$ to clear a drain. It's really sad that they're so willing to rip you off in the Christmas season. I'm out 235$ for nothing. They do not care if you're satisfied at all. It's all about the money.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

These monsters ran over my cat and crushed his back legs, left me without running water and shut off my heat and left a burst pipe and told me they would only remove water from basement. I am filing a police report against them.

Roto-Rooter Company Information