3.6/5 (135 ratings)
Find an Online Bathroom Fixtures and Plumbing partner
Banner image

Need help with a bathroom project?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

About Rescue Rooter

Banner image

Need help with a bathroom project?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Rescue Rooter Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rescue Rooter?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rescue Rooter?

Original review: May 2, 2022

Terrible customer service!!! Called to schedule appointment and they missed to ask a very important question about sewer line access point!!! Major miss that makes $300 difference in price to check the sewer line. On the top of that, scheduled for between 8am-12pm and received the phone call in the morning telling me that only available appointments are between 10am-2pm! When told them about 8 and 12 she said most likely will be around 12. 2h later she called again to tell me that it will be between 2pm and 4pm!!!! They showed up at 3pm and I found out that just because it's inside the house main access to the sewer line IT'S GOING TO BE A DIFFERENT PRICE AND THE DIFFERENCE WAS $300 MORE!!! WASTED THE WHOLE DAY for dealing with THE WORST company ever!!! DO NOT RECOMMEND THEM unless you are willing to waste your time and money with this joke of the company!

Original review: Feb. 3, 2022

Terrible: They simply don’t keep their service appointments and don’t have the courtesy to tell you until you waste your day waiting for them to show up. They often don’t. This has repeatedly happened and I’m disgusted with their lack of professionalism.

Get buying tips about Online Bathroom Fixtures and Plumbing delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2022

I used the ARS Rescue Rooter based out of Manasas VA and they were a nightmare for my family and I. As I write this my pregnant wife and two toddlers have been without heat in our home for nearly two weeks in sub freezing temperatures. Two service technicians have been to our home and failed to fixed the problem and made us wait days for the wrong part. They make promises and then break their word. They don’t respond to phone calls. They arrive hours late for their appointments without explanation or regard for your schedule.

I legitimately felt they put my family’s health at risk in dangerously cold conditions. I’m not sure if they are really that incompetent or they genuinely don’t care about other human beings. I finally was so desperate to get heat for my family I asked if I could pick up the parts myself and install them, but ARS of course said no. It’s all about what’s convenient for them, your family’s needs are irrelevant to ARS. If I could give them zero stars I would.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2021

BUYER BEWARE! STAY AWAY! Read all reviews as they all mirror the same complaints. Back in October of 2019, I went through Home Depot to have a brand new HVAC system installed in my home. All new ductwork, handler, and unit. They contracted out the work to ARS in Vero Beach, FL. Brennan ** came to my home and presented all sorts of guarantees as well as a $750 rebate upon signing. All lies.

Since this time I had numerous issues with their service and product. This company has destroyed the exterior of my home by drilling holes in the stucco as well as the electrical. The unit has not run properly (leaks, freezes up, doesn't cool down) for more than 5 months at a time, and now I have an abundance of black mold growing from the handler. After inspecting the ductwork myself, that installation is just as bad and has a disconnect at the phylum where cool air is leaking into the attic. The ARS techs acknowledge this was the cause of the black mold and constant leaks on the handler and compressor - as the system has to work harder than it should, building up pressure.

The customer relation number is pointless and forget about the online contact form working. I reached out to the manager of ARS in Vero Beach this past October when the system went down again. This conversation turned into a screaming fit as he tried to feed me the "they don't make these units like they used to" crap. I also asked about the black mold growing all over the air handler and was told this was normal, esp in Florida. The techs have acknowledged "severe growth" on several invoices and recommended full replacement of all ducts for contamination. This was not done. Only a part of the phylum (entire phylum is soaked and molded) was replaced. The last tech that came in sealed the air handler so I can no longer open it to check for interior mold.

I have filed complaints with the county contractor licensing as I'm finding out ARS lied on the permit, stating they did not do any duct work - so it was not inspected. I'm also filing complaints with the state attorney's office and BBB as ARS lied about their warranties and guarantees. I never received my $750 rebate I was promised upon signing the contract, never received the $555 check when ARS wasn't able to service within 24 hours (multiple times), I asked several times for my money back and denied and they lied about their professional installation guarantee.

Sure the unit works for now. But I'm positive it will break again in another 5 months to stay on par. I'm done with ARS and do not want them in my home. I'm at a crossroads and want to bring in a professional HVAC company. No company is going to want to touch this unit as it has been duct taped, glued and put back together so many times. I can't imagine anyone would be happy paying as much as I did with this piecemealed equipment, growing black mold. I'm on my 4th sinus infection this year alone. I'm so heartbroken that Home Depot would continually stand behind this company. I’m attaching photos just some of the photos of the crap installation I’ve been dealing with.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2021

If I had read the Google Reviews first, I wouldn’t have wasted 2 days waiting on this company and no one took the time to be courteous to say no one was coming. Such poor customer service! But, so happy that they showed me how I would be treated afterwards. I must say their call center deserves an A+. They were kind, courteous and very approachable but too bad I can’t say the same for their service because I really wanted to work with this company but it’s apparent they loo pick and choose which customers they want to serve. Please Google this company and read my review as well as many others. So sad to be treated like this!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2021

This company does not honor its warranties. They are dishonest and I recommend to take your business elsewhere. I have had several issues with this company over the years and you should expect the same if you deal with them.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2021

BBB Complaint (25 October 2021)

On October 19th, I filed my second BBB complaint. Shortly after filing my complaint, the corporate representative called me and informed me that she had looked into my case and was going to look into giving me an option for refund or having a replacement air scrubber unit installed into our home. I opted for a refund since we are ready to put this house onto the market for sale. In her reaching out to provide some kind of conciliatory intervention, I was prepared to retract my last BBB complaint. On October 25th, she called me back to inform me that the only thing ARS would do was to replace the defective unit in the house that I sold two months ago and no longer have any connection with! She said this decision was made in accordance with honoring the warranty.

The issue is that I called for service in a reasonable period of time before the house was sold and they failed to respond appropriately or responsibly. It appears that from the outside looking on, they knew that if they stalled long enough, the issue would go away because there would be nothing they could do since the contract for the warranty was under my name and attached to that particular address. That is what ARS has been telling me throughout this litigation and now they are telling me that they can replace the air scrubber at a house that we sold two months ago and have no connection with?

How is that supposed to reconcile or benefit my investment of almost $1,300.00 having paid for something that was defective? If this was one issue in and of itself, I might have been able to walk away from this. But, we went six weeks this Spring with no air conditioning because they misdiagnosed an issue where I was going to have to pay $560.00 for a new control unit not to mention labor. I received no phone calls to inform me the status of the part that they were waiting for. I was the one that had to call them to find out what was happening. When the part came in, the tech informed me that it was not the control unit that was bad, it was a faulty thermostat that was under warranty and was replaced at no charge. This thermostat was replaced less than a year prior because of a defective thermostat out of warranty that we paid for.

In 2015, we had ARS install two new heat and air units. In 2016, one month after the one year warranty expired, one of my units quit working because the compressor went bad. I had to go through Corporate to address the issue because ARS told me that I was going to have to pay for the replacement compressor! Come to find out, the unit was improperly installed and caused the compressor to burn out. ARS fixed the issue and replaced the compressor but not without having to go up the chain of command.

I have been with ARS for six years and have had other numerous issues that have not been as egregious as the three I have just mentioned. I have given them grace and extended patience hoping that I could appreciate their motto "Making it move, making it right." Touting their, "Exceptional Service" and their Guaranteed Satisfaction stating: "If you are dissatisfied with our work in your home, within one year of the date of the original invoice, we'll make every effort to meet your expectations & cheerfully refund 100% of your money."

Through the six years that I have used their company, they have fallen short of their exceptional service guarantee. This company is overrated with a three star rating! ARS's response to my BBB complaint was nothing more than checking a block for the company and inflammatory to their "Exceptional Service Guarantee"! ARS needs to eliminate their "Exceptional Guarantee" motto! I paid $1,300.00 for a defective unit under warranty that they will nothing to make it right!

Original review: Oct. 27, 2021

Just wanted to say thank you for the great job installing our new A/C unit, your crew was very professional, knowledgeable and courteous. The A/C replacement was spotless and fast. We are truly thankful from the first call with Lilian then Joaquin then Dulce, then the installers Julio and Michin, and of course you Pablo. To all of you Thank you very much. ARS truly excelled on the project.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2021

On December 30, 2020, we purchased a $12,000 air conditioning unit from ARS. I explained to the salesman that my sister is an MS patient and cannot get overheated. He claimed this unit was the very best and that there was a guarantee that if they could not fix any problem within 24 hours, ARS would provide a hotel room or portable units to keep my home comfortable. At the beginning of July, the air quit working. After a day, the technician discovered that the installers had not securely attached the duct. The duct had been leaking, possibly since December, and had finally blown off entirely. Thanks! We love to pay to air condition the great Florida outdoors!

Then at the beginning of August, we began having issues with low voltage. Several techs came out and worked on it, replaced some parts, and stated that they might ought to put new wiring in place so they would talk to their service manager. No one ever followed up on that or offered to send a more knowledgeable tech out. Finally on Friday, August 6, the unit began making a banging noise and I called again. They told me no one could come out until the next day. A tech came out on Saturday afternoon after we had had no air for over 24 hours. He fiddled with the unit and finally said that it needed a board which would have to be ordered and would arrive in 2 to 3 days. I was not happy and began calling every number I could find including the salesman who sold us the unit. No one cared and no one tried to be helpful. They put me off and kept saying they would tell a supervisor. No supervisor ever got in touch.

I purchased portable units for over $800 so I could at least cool two bedrooms and keep my sister cool. Here we are on Monday, August 9 with no air conditioning in the house. I have called everyone again and they are now saying it could be 2 or more days before they can fix the air. This unit is less than 8 months old and it was the "best", most expensive unit they sell. The salesman guaranteed their service would be the "best" and most responsive possible. I am sad, disappointed, mad, and feeling cheated by this company.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2021

Paid over $9k for a complete replacement. The deal was for replacement of the entire unit, 2 free filters, duct cleaning and sealing. They did the unit replacement but failed to replace the 30 amp breaker with a 20. They didn’t bring the filters so I had to use the “cut yourself” type that I happened to have on hand. They didn’t clean out seal the ducts and when I call to get these things scheduled they say they’ll call back and never do. I even called to find out what size filter I need, they say they’ll have the parts department call but they never do. This is a trash company, don’t use them for anything if you want it done right.

Rescue Rooter Company Information