Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.42/5

Banner image

Need help with a bathroom project?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Banner image

Need help with a bathroom project?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Rescue Rooter Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rescue Rooter?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rescue Rooter?

Original review: Jan. 4, 2021

Net-net, this company is the epitome of what a scam is. These guys not only try to shove a new AC down your throat but also first sabotage your existing AC unit first in the name of an inspection! I had never done an AC health check before, I decided to have one done when a person approached me at Home Depot. I agreed to a $20 health check.

ARS Rescue Rooter tech came to my house and did an inspection and after the inspection was complete, he informed me that my AC is about to die. He showed me that the outside unit had ice deposits on the pipes which meant that the AC would malfunction any day and that I needed a new AC. My AC is made by Carrier and only 6 years old. The tech charged me $119 dollars and told me that he would send a “Comfort Advisor” to do an estimate for a new AC. This wasn’t the end of the scam.

An hour later a guy comes over with a lot of material and sits down with me and the first question he asks is “how much would you like to spend? We have AC’s ranging from $5000 up to $20,000”. During this time, I have no intention of buying an AC unit because my AC works just fine. I listen to this guy’s pitch and tell him that I at least need a second opinion before I completely change my AC out. To this the sales rep gets aggressive and starts trying to bargain with me. I politely tell him to give me a written estimate on a few AC’s and that I will contact him later if I need a new AC unit. Sufficed to say that after about half hour of trying to get him to leave, he leaves.

About a few minutes later when my AC is supposed to kick on, I notice that the outside unit is running but the inside unit is not turning on. I call ARS Rescue Rooter again and they say that someone should be there within an hour. I wait the whole day and no one shows up. The next day morning the lead tech from ARS calls me up in a very impolite tone and says: “Sir, we diagnosed your AC unit and determined that it needs to be changed out. We gave you an estimate for a new AC and you refused to get it, what do you want from us?”

At this point I am very angry. My AC was working perfectly for years until ARS got involved. I tell them that their services are no longer required. I call another small business that only repairs AC units (someone that my neighbors have used and trust) and the tech comes over and tells me that I absolutely do not need a new AC. He orders a part which was damaged and replaces it and my AC works fine now. He said my AC is good as new.

I call ARS Corporate and tell them and they say that they are going to investigate the matter. At the end of 2 weeks of investigation they sent me a check of $119 (the original cost of the service that they had performed). I told them that I will not be encashing the check and that instead I will be writing a review of my experience so that no one else falls in their trap in the future. Even today, the calls from ARS keep coming in for me to get another “AC Inspection”. Home Depot: if you are reading this, tying up your name with ARS Rescue Rooter is just the best way to ruin your own reputation as a company. Cut ties with these scam artists ASAP. I am a home depot patron but I am questioning if I should remain so just because I got scammed so badly with ARS.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2020

I bought a Rheem furnace in December of 2018 and had ARS install it. In November 2019 the furnace would not turn on. I had to pay the ARS to come out and blow water out of the pressure switches. They didn’t say why this was happening just told me that the furnace was working now. Come November 2020 we go to turn on the furnace again and it will not turn on. I called ARS out to figure out what the problem was. I paid them again and they told me that the pressure switches had gone bad, keep in mind this is a 22 month old furnace and the cost for replacing the pressure switches is a third of the cost of the entire furnace. The guy said that even though the furnace was less than two years old sometimes “the pressure switches just go bad in these furnaces”.

I decided that I needed a second opinion because there was clearly something wrong and ARS was either too incompetent or slimy to tell me what the issue was. A second company came out and immediately told me that the furnace has been installed incorrectly. ARS had tied in the flu into my hot water flu. This explains why the pressure switches kept getting filled with water. I called and told ARS what the competent company had uncovered. They sent out a Field supervisor to take a look. The field supervisor said that it had indeed been installed incorrectly in that the flu never should have been connected to the hot water flu.

Since then, they refuse to call me back. I cannot get corporate or the branch office to do anything about refunding me for the pressure switches or the diagnostic costs. They say they are going to call me at 7:30 AM, then they don’t call, then I called them and reschedule it for the afternoon, then they don’t call, then I try and call them back and no one answers. The only reason that I found out that they had been lying to me is because I paid another company to come take a look at the installation. It is now officially an entire month that I have been trying to get this company to fix their mistake. Now I am out money from the two diagnostic tests that they lied about, the real diagnostic test from the other company, and I have a two-year-old furnace that is installed wrong and does not work. For your own sanity, do NOT use this company. They are completely incompetent and have no problem lying to your face about it.

Get buying tips about Online Bathroom Fixtures and Plumbing delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2020

In August 2020, during >$15,000 complete repiping job, ARS workers and/or representatives stole $800 cash, AND a fifty year-old gold college ring from our house. Houston office was notified, but we never heard from them. The police investigated, but none of the four “suspects” admitted anything. ARS corporate headquarters in Memphis was advised, but they haven’t done anything, as it can’t be proven.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2020

Floor drain clogged up.. Seen they had a add up 59.00 unclog any drain.. Scheduled a time and they did show the next day 4 hours late.. "It happens I get it" so they brought this joke of a drain auger. Ran it down and back, it did nothing.. They they said, "For 500 ish we can run a high pressure line down .." I said no till we agreed no charge if no clear.. Well that did nothing. I think they were running like garden hose pressure "my opinion". Then without my consent they started trying other stuff and then they said they will run a foil chain down the drain for 1,700 and I am like no. So they put some camera down and possibly seen a grease clog, then they said the drain will need to be dug up. Jackhammering my basement flooring for the tune of 7,000. Yes seven grand.. Without a guaranteed it will solve the drain issue.. And then the high pressure upsell was on.. Time all quoted out 7,800 so I caved "stupid me".

They were suppose to start the next day. But did not show up for all of 5 min stating this and that needed to be moved.. So I jumped on the time I had. Drove down to Home Depot.. Rented a sewer auger with a 1.5 cross shaped head on it.. Drove home 10 min. Ran the auger down myself. Working it back and forth. 30 min later the drain is clear, clean and flowing.. Called ARS Rescue Rooter up on the phone and told them to cancel everything .. That I did in 30 min what their so called pros. could not in 6 hours of dicking around. My final words is avoid them like the plague. Once they feel they have you they will sink in their hooks good .. All the while using so called industry standard equipment.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2020

I bought an HVAC system in November, 2019, through Home Depot. All I wanted was a servicing. The guys convinced me that my HVAC system was not going to last a week (even though it was only 6 years old) and in fear, I bought a new one. It cost me almost $10,000. It has NEVER worked like it should. The humidity in my house has never been below 75%. It has never been comfortable.

Every time I have someone come out, they try to sell me more stuff, every time it is between $1,000 and $3,000! They use a passive aggressive approach: "Well, you are the one who has to live here, not me. You don't want to spend the extra money, then you will just have to live with it." They did not even give me filters. The size filter on my unit cannot be purchased through Home Depot or Lowes. (I finally found them on Amazon). When I called Rescue Rooter about a filter, they told me that they could take care of the filters for me for $900! Seriously, I do not lie. I could not make this stuff up. Run like a bunny before you use they people!

Original review: Aug. 13, 2020

I had A/C service on July 10th, 2020, and I paid $199 for a box of filters that the service guy said he will deliver the next day; after multiple calls an average of three times a week no response! They keep promising to call back...

Original review: July 11, 2020

Below is my experience so far with ARS Orlando through Home Depot for the last (over) two months as of today July 11, 2020: May 9th Rick (who is actually personable, knowledgeable, and professional) came to do the estimate. We were to get another condenser and two new units while moving one of the existing units we already had to another bedroom. May 11th installer came and said condenser was back ordered. Was told days to a week. Did not install 1 ton in master even though it was for existing compressor. Full amount of install charged on 5/11 and on 5/17 statement from Home Depot.

Asked for update on 5/19 at 735am. No called back all day. Texted Rick at 515pm on 5/19 to request update. 5/20 new condenser was installed along with new inverters. Got call on May 20th to schedule electric on 22nd. Electrician came out and then left and said the appointment wasn’t for install but for looking at the job for scope of work. Electric was hooked up on Saturday May 23rd. Electrician said he was asked by installers not to turn electrical power on to units because they had to come back to do “something” (he didn’t know what). He said they told him they would come Monday (Memorial Day. They assured him

They were working he said.)

No one showed on Monday May 25. Called Tuesday (26th). Install coordinator asked if that day, Tuesday would be ok for them to come do whatever they needed. No one showed or called. Called Wednesday May 27th. Was put into a voice mail box. Left a message at 230pm. Got letter to schedule inspection of completed work on May 27th from ARS (even though work wasn't done). Texted above to Rick at 345pm on May 27th. Got voice mail at 440pm from ARC stating on call person would call night of May 27th. No call again from anyone.

Voicemail to Amy on May 28th at 910am. No call back at 1245pm on May 28th. Called again and was told she was still at lunch and would return my call when she got back from lunch. Came on May 29th and "activated" units. Promptly on July 1st they failed the inspection. Texted photo of inspection report to Rick. Appointment for July 8th to correct inspection failures and to correct leaky unit from install in guest bedroom upstairs which was discovered the very first time we tried to use the unit (apparently the installers don't bother to test their installations). No show/no call on July 8th. Texted Rick to let him know. Got a call at approx 1230 on July 9th to schedule someone for Friday July 10th. July 10th. No call. No show again. Texted Rick at 930pm. No reply as of 1pm July 11 so texted that I would contest the charge with Home Depot.

I'm currently looking into contesting the charge with Home Depot credit services. Credit card fraud aside I now have a non-working installation that has failed both the county inspection AND the actual use of the units. The company refuses to answer my inquiries and the most frustrating thing about this is that Rick clearly knows that he works for a bunch of thieves as one of the things he was most adamant about at the beginning was to contact him before writing a review (which I have, several times now).

I also know from experience that a review calling them out publicly is the only thing that will get them to come fix things, which is the worst part. They actually have people capable of doing the job.. They just won't, until you do something like a review like this. If you have time to be nasty (and have no rush to have your install working) then it may be entertaining for you, otherwise find a company that does their job because it's their job and not because they've made themselves look bad on Facebook, Yelp and Google. Seriously, seriously avoid this company.

Original review: July 10, 2020

Unfortunately for me, I didn't read the Consumer Affairs reports first, but believed the hype of their TV commercials. Reading through these complaints, I see my same problem listed over and over again. I bought a brand new system the end of January 2020. It's an upstairs unit, so I only used the heat occasionally. But in May, I started trying to use the air conditioner, and that's when the problems started. It took less than month, of only minimal use, for the unit to stop working. First a part had to be replaced that was freezing up on one side, causing the unit not to cool and ruining my filter. It took several visits from multiple folks to finally fix that. Then, when it finally cooled, it wouldn't turn off! I sat beside it one night for almost 40 minutes waiting to see if it would turn off once it reached its desired cooling. It never did. I had to turn it off manually before leaving the area.

I can't afford to have an air conditioner that runs continuously, especially when it's supposed to be 'new.' At this time in July, there have been 4 service calls. One technician was supposed to arrive between 12 and 4, but did not arrive until 7:30! That caused him to be in my home until 9:30 p.m. I had been called numerous times telling me he was on his way and would be there shortly. Finally right before he arrived, I told them it was too late and he would have to come another day. They told me he was 7 minutes from my house. Another 30 minutes passed before he arrived. And when he did arrive, he came in having no idea what he was supposed to do. I've been promised a new filter to replace the old one that was ruined from the original leaking problem four different times. Each person is supposed to have ordered it, but when they get here no one has it.

There is no connection at all between the office and the service department. Not one person has arrived knowing what my problem is. How can this be possible? I've had to go through the entire problem every time to the technician. I've actually let them read the reports left by the previous service man so they would know what was going on. I could never recommend this company. In fact I have been so disappointed with this unit, I will go so far as to warn people about them. Like many folks, I'm limited as to how much money I can put into something like this, and heating/air conditioning systems are very expensive. I feel I should have gotten much more for the hefty price of this system. I've been dealing with this problem more than a month, and still not much better off than I was originally. So disappointing.

Original review: June 18, 2020

Very good company! On time with smooth operating technicians. After removing the old unit, they cut the hole in the wall around 4 inches too high. A few weeks later they sent a carpenter to fix it. And then there is the semi-annual free system check-up.

Original review: June 16, 2020

We called 3 weeks ago for a problem with our AC. Tech came out and charged us $550 for the work/parts to fix it. Fast forward to a couple of days ago and we are having the same problem with our AC. New tech comes out and charges another $250 dollars and says he will be back later that night to fix it. Calls that night and says he can't come because it is raining but he will be back 1st thing Monday morning. Yesterday (Monday) comes, no tech and no call. We called 5 times with a promise to call back and nothing (mind you we've already paid over $800 for this problem). Today we called and they said the part is on back order for 1-3 days! In the meantime there isn't anything they can do so our house isn't 84 degrees (they are out of floor units at the moment)! Total crap. I've left messages with the manager but I'm not expecting a call back. In the meantime, they can expect a lawsuit if my 5 year old has to go to the hospital for heat exhaustion.

Rescue Rooter Company Information