Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.16/5

Need help with a bathroom project?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Get Started

Unsubscribe at any time.

Need help with a bathroom project?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Get Started

Rescue Rooter Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rescue Rooter?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rescue Rooter?

Original review: Sept. 14, 2020

I bought an HVAC system in November, 2019, through Home Depot. All I wanted was a servicing. The guys convinced me that my HVAC system was not going to last a week (even though it was only 6 years old) and in fear, I bought a new one. It cost me almost $10,000. It has NEVER worked like it should. The humidity in my house has never been below 75%. It has never been comfortable.

Every time I have someone come out, they try to sell me more stuff, every time it is between $1,000 and $3,000! They use a passive aggressive approach: "Well, you are the one who has to live here, not me. You don't want to spend the extra money, then you will just have to live with it." They did not even give me filters. The size filter on my unit cannot be purchased through Home Depot or Lowes. (I finally found them on Amazon). When I called Rescue Rooter about a filter, they told me that they could take care of the filters for me for $900! Seriously, I do not lie. I could not make this stuff up. Run like a bunny before you use they people!

Original review: Aug. 13, 2020

I had A/C service on July 10th, 2020, and I paid $199 for a box of filters that the service guy said he will deliver the next day; after multiple calls an average of three times a week no response! They keep promising to call back...

Get buying tips about Online Bathroom Fixtures and Plumbing delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.

Original review: July 11, 2020

Below is my experience so far with ARS Orlando through Home Depot for the last (over) two months as of today July 11, 2020: May 9th Rick (who is actually personable, knowledgeable, and professional) came to do the estimate. We were to get another condenser and two new units while moving one of the existing units we already had to another bedroom. May 11th installer came and said condenser was back ordered. Was told days to a week. Did not install 1 ton in master even though it was for existing compressor. Full amount of install charged on 5/11 and on 5/17 statement from Home Depot.

Asked for update on 5/19 at 735am. No called back all day. Texted Rick at 515pm on 5/19 to request update. 5/20 new condenser was installed along with new inverters. Got call on May 20th to schedule electric on 22nd. Electrician came out and then left and said the appointment wasn’t for install but for looking at the job for scope of work. Electric was hooked up on Saturday May 23rd. Electrician said he was asked by installers not to turn electrical power on to units because they had to come back to do “something” (he didn’t know what). He said they told him they would come Monday (Memorial Day. They assured him

They were working he said.)

No one showed on Monday May 25. Called Tuesday (26th). Install coordinator asked if that day, Tuesday would be ok for them to come do whatever they needed. No one showed or called. Called Wednesday May 27th. Was put into a voice mail box. Left a message at 230pm. Got letter to schedule inspection of completed work on May 27th from ARS (even though work wasn't done). Texted above to Rick at 345pm on May 27th. Got voice mail at 440pm from ARC stating on call person would call night of May 27th. No call again from anyone.

Voicemail to Amy on May 28th at 910am. No call back at 1245pm on May 28th. Called again and was told she was still at lunch and would return my call when she got back from lunch. Came on May 29th and "activated" units. Promptly on July 1st they failed the inspection. Texted photo of inspection report to Rick. Appointment for July 8th to correct inspection failures and to correct leaky unit from install in guest bedroom upstairs which was discovered the very first time we tried to use the unit (apparently the installers don't bother to test their installations). No show/no call on July 8th. Texted Rick to let him know. Got a call at approx 1230 on July 9th to schedule someone for Friday July 10th. July 10th. No call. No show again. Texted Rick at 930pm. No reply as of 1pm July 11 so texted that I would contest the charge with Home Depot.

I'm currently looking into contesting the charge with Home Depot credit services. Credit card fraud aside I now have a non-working installation that has failed both the county inspection AND the actual use of the units. The company refuses to answer my inquiries and the most frustrating thing about this is that Rick clearly knows that he works for a bunch of thieves as one of the things he was most adamant about at the beginning was to contact him before writing a review (which I have, several times now).

I also know from experience that a review calling them out publicly is the only thing that will get them to come fix things, which is the worst part. They actually have people capable of doing the job.. They just won't, until you do something like a review like this. If you have time to be nasty (and have no rush to have your install working) then it may be entertaining for you, otherwise find a company that does their job because it's their job and not because they've made themselves look bad on Facebook, Yelp and Google. Seriously, seriously avoid this company.

Original review: July 10, 2020

Unfortunately for me, I didn't read the Consumer Affairs reports first, but believed the hype of their TV commercials. Reading through these complaints, I see my same problem listed over and over again. I bought a brand new system the end of January 2020. It's an upstairs unit, so I only used the heat occasionally. But in May, I started trying to use the air conditioner, and that's when the problems started. It took less than month, of only minimal use, for the unit to stop working. First a part had to be replaced that was freezing up on one side, causing the unit not to cool and ruining my filter. It took several visits from multiple folks to finally fix that. Then, when it finally cooled, it wouldn't turn off! I sat beside it one night for almost 40 minutes waiting to see if it would turn off once it reached its desired cooling. It never did. I had to turn it off manually before leaving the area.

I can't afford to have an air conditioner that runs continuously, especially when it's supposed to be 'new.' At this time in July, there have been 4 service calls. One technician was supposed to arrive between 12 and 4, but did not arrive until 7:30! That caused him to be in my home until 9:30 p.m. I had been called numerous times telling me he was on his way and would be there shortly. Finally right before he arrived, I told them it was too late and he would have to come another day. They told me he was 7 minutes from my house. Another 30 minutes passed before he arrived. And when he did arrive, he came in having no idea what he was supposed to do. I've been promised a new filter to replace the old one that was ruined from the original leaking problem four different times. Each person is supposed to have ordered it, but when they get here no one has it.

There is no connection at all between the office and the service department. Not one person has arrived knowing what my problem is. How can this be possible? I've had to go through the entire problem every time to the technician. I've actually let them read the reports left by the previous service man so they would know what was going on. I could never recommend this company. In fact I have been so disappointed with this unit, I will go so far as to warn people about them. Like many folks, I'm limited as to how much money I can put into something like this, and heating/air conditioning systems are very expensive. I feel I should have gotten much more for the hefty price of this system. I've been dealing with this problem more than a month, and still not much better off than I was originally. So disappointing.

Original review: June 18, 2020

Very good company! On time with smooth operating technicians. After removing the old unit, they cut the hole in the wall around 4 inches too high. A few weeks later they sent a carpenter to fix it. And then there is the semi-annual free system check-up.

Original review: June 16, 2020

We called 3 weeks ago for a problem with our AC. Tech came out and charged us $550 for the work/parts to fix it. Fast forward to a couple of days ago and we are having the same problem with our AC. New tech comes out and charges another $250 dollars and says he will be back later that night to fix it. Calls that night and says he can't come because it is raining but he will be back 1st thing Monday morning. Yesterday (Monday) comes, no tech and no call. We called 5 times with a promise to call back and nothing (mind you we've already paid over $800 for this problem). Today we called and they said the part is on back order for 1-3 days! In the meantime there isn't anything they can do so our house isn't 84 degrees (they are out of floor units at the moment)! Total crap. I've left messages with the manager but I'm not expecting a call back. In the meantime, they can expect a lawsuit if my 5 year old has to go to the hospital for heat exhaustion.

Original review: May 3, 2020

Integrity. So important these days. Before hiring a plumber, I did my due diligence and read through all reviews I could find. Many of the reviews I read on "Rescue Rooter" plumbing were from states other than mine and were negative. My wife and I rolled the dice and went with Rescue Rooter for a plumbing issue we had at our rental property. We were met by Dontae, the plumbing tech, at the time promised. Dontae immediately got to work assessing the problem; we thought it was slow draining drains creating a leak in the low spot of the house, Dontae showed us the drains were fine, and it was a corrupted wax ring on a toilet.

I told him I could fix this myself, and to settle up with my wife for any service call charge owed for coming out so quick (within 2 hrs. of the call placed). Dontae smiled and said words I haven't heard ever by a subcontractor in this decade, " ... no charge today, ma'am ..." with smiling eyes (he had a mask on) ... WHAT?!! A company who had every right to charge a service call, yet they didn't. Wow... All I can say is, in the state of WA (where I reside), if you need a plumber, or plumbing service, you could do a lot worse by going with another company. That, to me, is integrity. I will give this company all of my business (and refer them to all my friends) because of their business practices. THANK YOU Rescue Rooter for making what I thought would be an expensive situation into something I could fix (not that replacing a toilet wax ring is a fun job!).

Original review: April 30, 2020

False advertising on website. They shows $89 for drainage cleaning but when the plumber arrived he quoted $350. Secondly he supposed to come between 11:30-3:30pm. He arrived at 4:50pm saying cannot find my address on GPS. So does it take 1 hour and 20 minutes to find address in Manor TX? It's not a metro city.

Original review: March 10, 2020

Do not use them - ever. They had a table setup at Home Depot and was offering discounted HVAC tune up. They came out for sure and actually try to use scare tactics to tell you the system is old and need to be replaced even though the unit works fine. The guy, Brandon, came out and poured water in the drainage valve and says it is clogged and says he cannot check the system and that I needed a plumber to fix the drain first before he can actually so call "tune the system". Brandon got the nerves to call me back a year later to offer me a tune up for $9 to prepare for the summer.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

Already knew what my problem was, but they still wanted to send their tech out to confirm the problem, I needed an expansion valve installed on my unit. It’s still under warranty, but they still said it would be, and $1000 to install. I never missed a payment, and they still wouldn’t come down on the price. I’ll never ever deal with them again. They are all about the money. Do care about the customer.???

Rescue Rooter Company Information