Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Rescue Rooter Reviews

Original review: Dec. 17, 2019

Oct 5, 2019. Clogged drain in shower stall. They quoted us three grand for what another plumber charged $165. Began with bait & switch. After describing the drain issue in detail, their office quoted $88 to snake it. Tech who showed up said snaking thru a large floor drain would be nearly $300, even though it was easy access. He snaked for 6 minutes and then claimed pipe was corroded closed and a few feet of pipe would need replacing! 'Only' three grand! I called another plumber and he snaked it clear in a couple minutes and charged for minimum housecall! After I posted my bad experience on Yelp, I received calls from two "senior managers" who profusely apologized and offered to reimburse me the $165 charged by the other plumber (who easily snaked clear the drain). As of Dec 12, they have NOT made good on their promise and have not sent us a check.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2019

Worst experience ever in the last 10 years. Ridiculous!! Do not bother calling them to come in and troubleshoot the root cause. We had a sink backup issue a month back, a technician came in, we spent $600. He has no idea of the cause and just cleaned some pipes and said the issue would go away. The issue recently came back within a month and we tried to reschedule for re-service and so far they have rescheduled it 4 times on various days. Their customer service is horrible to say the least and I have lost patience, wish I could just get the refund and never ever call them.

Get expert buying tips about Online Bathroom Fixtures and Plumbing delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2019

I am an Airbnb Owner and ARS attempted to misrepresent the nature of my required Service Request. My Air Conditioning Unit was not cooling properly and they attempted to informed me that the entire unit required replacing. They did not attempt to repair the existing unit only to state that it was old and that the unit was beyond repair although this was not the case. I call in a second opinion from Lee Company and they proceeded to repair the unit by cleaning the coils, replacing the filter and adding additional coolant. This only required about an hour of onsite time from the more than capable Service Technician from the Lee Company and the unit was up and running the cooling efficiently saving both me and my guests from the oppressive heat during that time.

ARS intentionally attempted to upsell my wife who was at the time working with them to resolve the cooling issue to the tune of $5000.00 for a total HVAC System replacement when the unit only required simple maintenance. These people were unprofessional and obviously thought we were not capable of making a better choice for our service needs. I will never use ARS again and I advise everyone else not to use their services as well.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2019

ARS are the installers for Home Depot. Please do not trust them. They installed a HVAC system in my house in 2016. Lots of issues. Poor job performance, poor customer service, etc. I made a claim to Home Depot for this installation and they have the nerve the denied the condition in which the installation was left, running wires sitting in my living room to the thermostat. Awful. Plenty of small local businesses to choose from. I am sorry I did not research them prior. I wish I could post pictures along with this review.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

We called and scheduled an appointment at 12:31 pm and were quoted a $88 Sewer clean charge and an appointment between 2 & 4 pm. They were approximately 6.5 hours late and then told us that the cost was now $350 to do the job. This company had us wait all day long and then tried to renegotiate the price. *** BEWARE :( WE WILL NEVER USE THEM *** BEWARE *** We called a different company to get it done.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rescue Rooter?

Original review: Oct. 2, 2019

ARS Tamoa Bay came out through Home Depot to my home for yearly tuneup and cooling check twice for same job. 1st serviceman was making guesses on what needed to be done without even looking at units. Replaced one part & suggested another $550 total. I did not feel right with him in my home I canceled the same day all parts and services as I found to still be under warranty with someone else. Did not show up twice for original service and canceled on me once without telling me.

Second serviceman took photo of my crd. Card# on invoice, 3 weeks later someone tried to use crd card at my local Home Depot. I had to block and cancel my card. All parts removed by second serviceman and balance of 0 okayed by manager. 6 months later with no notice prior billed for all parts & services I do not have in my home. $550, ARS would not call me back on the bill questions. Took a few days, now they say I only have pay them half of the bill $232 again for a part I do not have in my home. A complete nightmare! Corp office was defenceful making bold statements about speaking to me with the BBB! Cold people. Manager was rude and spoke down to me. Avoid at all costs! They should not be allowed in business.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2019

Finally made it very late, guy looked at problems, wanted over $200 to get started with drain. Advertising as $99 clean out. Can't find main drain. Refused to honor coupon price, customer service zero. They advertise extensively about their $99 cleaning, quick service. They do NOT honor that. Use Home Advisor and find local plumbers, much better. The guy that came over said he had just had that problem with the last customer!!! So obviously they lie on their ads. Go elsewhere!!!

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

I had three heating and air conditioning systems installed by ARS. The first system failed within 3 months. They serviced it, said it was okay and then it failed again six months later and required a new water pump. The second system failed within 9 months and needed a new motor fan. The third system managed to last two years and the condensing fan just quit working last week. The ARS service tech came out and diagnosed the system as having a faulty condensing fan motor. They have a coupon online for a free service call if the repair is done through ARS. They told me that that coupon was expired and they were doing me a big favor by honouring it for me. I happened to look online today and saw that there is a coupon right there for the same thing that is good till the end of September so they basically lied about doing me a big favor.

Secondly all three of the systems they installed failed and failed very recently not like the systems were five or ten years old but failed in 2 years or under and some of that failure could be related to the installation. 3rd they inconvenienced me and my family multiple times. When the systems were inspected they forgot to include the solar protection on the outside piping 3 times. We made appointments for them to come and install this Solar protection and three times they went to the wrong house and even when we told the technician he was at the wrong house he did not go to the correct house. He just left and went home and left us waiting.

By making us wait for all the service calls that they never showed up for they didn't have the decency to even offer me a free service for my inconvenience. I missed work, my daughter missed work twice and my son missed College. I do not recommend this company. There has to be somebody better than this out there. They can't even get the address right. The systems they install end up failing and then they lie about their own coupon online. They should be embarrassed.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

DO NOT USE ARS FOR HVAC NEEDS IN THIS AREA. I got my system replaced in May 2017 because it had a slow acting leak. They told me my options were get it replaced, or get it refilled once a year. So I hired them to replace the whole system. Another year and a half later, it has a slow acting leak and needs to be refilled. When someone came out to perform a diagnostic, they didn't do a leak test and just said the thermostat needs to be replaced. After about 10-15 calls over the course of 2 months, they continually did not send anyone out or contact my property manager to fix the problem, even after a quality manager supervisory told me she would ensure a leak test for no extra charge would happen. I then called their corporate office in Memphis. At first, the lady there, Cynthia, seemed genuinely concerned told me she would get on it. She was surprised when 2 weeks after I called her the first time, nothing had been done.

She told me she took customer issues very seriously and would get to the bottom of it. I got my property manager to call her directly in order to get the scheduling done properly, and according to Cynthia, apparently it is my fault for not getting it serviced after the install was done. I am not sure what that means and no one told me anything else was required after install. I realize that scheduling can be difficult between the owner who lives in a different part of the country, and difficulties happen, but this doesn't seem like good business practice from my point of view.

After 3 months of effort, I have decided that they will never have my business again and I regret having them do the install in the first place. I'm sure ARS is a good company as a whole and in other areas it isn't this bad. ARS in this area of North Charleston may have done better in other areas as well, but in my experience, they should not be hired to do a job. This is merely my opinion, but I repeat, DO NOT USE ARS FOR HVAC NEEDS IN THIS AREA.

Original review: July 7, 2019

I'm writing this on a Sunday morning before 10 AM, since a rather rude person from ARS chose to call me at 9:00 AM on this day. I don't have any problems with the service, per se (I think the plumber could have done things faster if he was more experienced, but I'm ok with the service as a whole), but the way they handled their communication with me was horrible. The plumber charged me $500 for services, which I agreed to, however, when he left yesterday (Saturday), he said that his tablet wasn't allowing him to put in a custom price. Fine, no problem, "just invoice me the correct amount and I'll pay it." Should be easy-peasy.

An ill-tempered woman called me this morning and told me that if I didn't pay the $500, they would put a lien on my home TOMORROW (Monday). Hunh? I still don't have an invoice! I told her that I needed one so that I knew exactly what I was paying for. Her answer was that she would send an invoice AFTER I paid. That would be a receipt, not an invoice. Either way, she demanded that I pay her that moment, which I refused to do since I wasn't in a position to get to a credit card at that time, and, for heaven's sake, I still didn't have an invoice and it's only the day after service.

I'm not sure who this company is used to dealing with, but even the lawnmower kid here sends me an invoice, which I pay well within the 30-day period that is customary for these types of services. I don't need to be called on a Sunday morning and threatened with a lien for the following day. I was actually thinking of writing at least a three or four-star review based on the services, but ARS has successfully screwed that up with their crappy after service. Lien on my house on Monday? Bad (but honest) review for you on Sunday and, of course, a lost customer forever...

Rescue Rooter Company Information