1.12/5
Based on 59 reviews that contain star ratings

65 Rescue Rooter Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

ARS (Norcross Ga.) did annual checkup and Replaced 2 capacitors (retail $12) and charged us $440 for parts. Called Customer svc. 4 times over 4 weeks. No callback or action taken. Only recourse Legal.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

Like so many others on this site, I purchased a new A/C unit from ARS through Home Depot. Like so many others, we're at the end of week two for what was supposed to be a three-day install project using the Chester, Va., ARS team. Like so many others, I keep getting excuses and the runaround about when they will finally come out, cut the new intake and vent holes the salesman told me I must have in order for my new system to work correctly. For two weeks we've had: the entire upstairs torn apart; the contents of my walk-up attic stuffed in every nook and cranny because the installers said it had to be moved out of the attic for them to get the work down; workmen showing up and then not showing up; no drapes or shades in any upstairs window since they were only supposed to need one day to make the cuts and finish the job.

I could go on but you get the point. I had a second quote for an install through a local company but thought having the backing of Home Depot would result in an all-around better experience, but I was WRONG! Use a local company for your project, not a national chain. National chains use subcontractors and don't stand by the work done by their local subs. BAD experience. And now, based on what I've read here, I'm fearful of what I'll have to go through the first time something goes wrong and I have to call ARS back out to make repairs.

Get expert buying tips about Online Bathroom Fixtures and Plumbing delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

The Good: Most of the technicians who have come to my house have genuinely been sympathetic to the issues we've had. Particularly the young Hispanic men who perform thorough work. The Bad: Warranty replacement of a faulty unit required over 15 site visits. I missed a lot of work to be home for the technicians. Moreover, they conducted repairs that were not needed: 1) Installation of two new air returns, 2) replacement of the entire line set & altering the exterior of my home, 3) the "new" warranty unit was actually not brand new & is faulty. The cost of these home-modifying "repairs" were ~$1400. The amount of work I've missed ~$1200.

The Ugly: I was promised a warranty extension back in 2015, and again in 2016. Not joking here: I have sent repeated emails over the last 3 years asking for the paperwork documenting this and my emails have gone unresponded, even by facility managers. A couple of installers (non-Hispanic) would smoke cigarettes minutes before entering my home- gross and unacceptable. I cannot recommend this company because they have not taken the necessary actions to give me what I've paid for- a brand new AC unit that works. Instead, I've wasted more money and been lied to.

Original review: July 26, 2018

An ARS technician who came for my next door neighbor told me that while he is working he realized from the sound that there is a problem with my A/C unit and he can take a look at it. I said ok. Then he told me to call the office and tell them that he is here and I want service. I called the office, gave the technicians name and told them I want him to look at my A/C unit.

Office sold me a yearly maintenance plan claiming that would save me money, I accepted and registered. Then they said I need to schedule, I said the technician is already here but they said I have to schedule and they will route him, or send someone else. They said they can not route him and make a schedule, I accepted. They gave me a vague time and told me that a technician will call me an hour before he gets here. Nobody called and technician just showed up in the middle of the night. He said a part is broken and it is under warranty and he needs to replace it. Even it is supposed to be warranty they still charged me for the part and for the labor.

Couple weeks later A/C stopped working. I called the office and scheduled someone to come. They said a technician will call me. Nobody called 2 weeks past. Every time I call, I have to tell and spell my name, my address, my phone number, and my email address. I tell them, "Can't you just look up my information," they say no. I don't understand what kind of CSR system they are using but it sucks.

I called today again, I said, "I signed up and paid for yearly maintenance and can you check when it is scheduled." She had no idea about it. I said, "Ok. I like to schedule a service because the unit your technician fixed and replaced a part is not working again." I told her I called 2 weeks ago and nobody called back. Oh,​ I also filled out the form through their website and no response at all. Anyway, she asked my name and I have to spell my name, my address, my phone and finally my email address again. I am very frustrated and I asked to cancel my subscription and get a refund. She said she will inform the office to contact me. Someone else called next morning, I have to go through same thing. Told her that I want to cancel my subscription and get a refund, she told me someone will call me. If someone else has to do it, why that someone else is not calling me and you are wasting my time again.

Original review: July 16, 2018

ARS / Rescue Rooter Richmond 12916 Old Stage Rd, Chester, VA 23836 (804) 318-5341 - This company is CHEAT, I had issue with my new AC which was installed on July 2015 from the same company (this company is registered agent of Home Depot). I asked them to come and diagnose the issue. They charged $77. First, company send a junior technician, who couldn’t diagnose the issue. I Could not go to the other company as I already paid money.

After 2 days, they send so called Senior technician and in 10 min he found there is a leakage in the coil. He did not check other parts. He told me that parts are under warranty but I would have to pay for the labor which is $1500. I agreed to pay and after one day, he replaced the coil. After changing the coils my AC was not working as expected, so I called them again. This time another guy came and he found issue with my Thermostat. He said the same thing, part is under warranty but I have to pay $240 for labor to replace my thermostat.

My questions to them was when I paid for diagnose charges, why you people did not check everything at that time. I am trying and fighting with the company to replace the thermostat without the charges… or give me the new thermostat I will replace by myself or with some other register agent. They are saying if I do that my warranty on all the parts will be void. Now they are not answering my call... voiding talking to me. I doubt they have changed the coil. I would not recommend to anyone to go with this company. After you pay them the money, they treat you bad. I have already complaint to the Trane Customer Service... They are CHEAT and nonprofessional.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rescue Rooter?

Original review: July 7, 2018

Had blocked toilet. Left wife in charge to call service-job (drain cleaning) completed for 389.00 plus and estimate to fix line to street — claimed they ran camera thru line and found damage to main sewer line. Although charged would not give video of supposed line damage. These guys are the worst. I am putting a hold on wife’s check and will use an attorney if necessary.

Original review: July 5, 2018

Our salesperson arrived on time, nicely dressed but proceeded to think he'd found a sucker. His installed price for a 2.5 ton unit (Rheem) taking 8 hours, was nearly $7,000.00. I quickly looked online, found the same unit quoted at anywhere between $1,200 and $1,800. The cost an HVAC tech in my state is an average of $20.00/hour, not including overhead. If you have them come and price something, understand you are paying much more than you should for what you are buying. So, beware.

Original review: May 27, 2018

Well to start off, I hired these people for a hot water heater. I got an estimate for the work. I WANTED a 30 gallon water heater because there are only two people living here and we don't use a lot of water. The technician came in and he wanted us to have a 40 gallon water heater and figured he was right because he told me they don't have 30 gallon water heaters anymore. So I believed him. Signed a contract, the job was 3475 dollars. After he came in, put a large hole in the wall to make better contact with the gas line to the house. Then he put in some line that was curling in a circle and the gas was leaking into the house. That was the first of three days. I had to put towels down next to all the bedroom doors so it would not leak into the rest of the house. I told my husband to shut off the gas line. We are lucky they didn't kill us in the first day.

The next day, he showed up again to finish the work and had to repair the gas line that he broke. So he came in and the 40 gallon water heater that we didn't want. All this time I thought they pulled a permit with the county but they didn't. The job was horribly done and all this time this guy was claiming he was a plumber. So the next day, he connected everything poorly and he was off. I don't remember what he had to do the third day, I think it was to test the line that he put a hole in. With the hole on my utility room and the curly line, found out it wasn't in code when I had a home inspection for insurance. So the county came in and said we needed more work and a reserve tank. Who knows why. They put the reserve on a corner of my washer and I now worry the damn thing is going to fall or something so I put a small rag under it.

They needed to add a drip line and the reserve tank, due to the county's code. So when the tech caught wind of that, he was in full argument with me (the customer). Claiming he was a plumber and I didn't know what I was talking about. About this time I was ready to hit him, but restrained in doing so. Before that I told his company that I didn't want this idiot in my house again. So they didn't listen to me when I called the company to say: "Please don't send this guy back here" but he was there with another guy, who was much politer than the other idiot.

So the other tech completed the work in code but I ended up paying another 300 dollars for the reserve tank, giving me a 15 dollar break for being a return customer. So a 2000 dollar job cost a mere 3700 and they STILL advertise in the state. I had to pay for repairs to the wall behind the tank and still haven't figured out what to do with the reserve tank resting on my washer. The job that was only to take 1 day took three days, much arguing and we almost losing our lives as well as 3 small kittens I was raising. I have never seen how this company can survive, maybe they gassed all their customers to stupidity.

Original review: May 4, 2018

Terrible customer service to a 29 year customer. We had them install our heating and air conditioning systems when we built our house originally. All three systems have since been replaced by them at least once at costs averaging $5000-7,000 per system. We have paid for twice yearly routine maintenance by them for the entire 29 years. Today they were scheduled to come out for routine maintenance and as always we were scheduled to be the technician's 1st call arriving at 8:00 am since we have 3 complete air conditioning and heating systems and it can take them much of the day to complete the service.

When I called customer service at 10:00 to inquire if there had been a delay and what was their ETA they informed me they had been experiencing a lot of emergency calls over the past few days and therefore had decided to pull my technician off my maintenance call to do an emergency call instead. When I asked why I hadn't been informed so that I could have gone to work rather than waiting for them at home all morning they stated they were getting around to informing people such as myself. They certainly decided to redeploy my technician prior to 2 hours after the appointment was scheduled and doing it without even the courtesy of informing a loyal long term customer who had scheduled the appointment months earlier so he could go to work inexcusable.

Original review: April 24, 2018

I contacted Rescue Rooter about a week ago. I had a plumbing issue. I had water backed up in my basement sink from a pipe upstairs. They came to do the job, and I paid 365 dollars for nothing. The plumber, and I use the term loosely, told me that this was a temporary fix because I had a lot more roots and work that needed to be done and that it would cost over $5,000 dollars. I had another plumber recommended by a friend that came to my house and he did the job correctly and it was less money and he said the problem was fixed. The Rescue Rooter people had me and my mother scared about this house plumbing for absolutely nothing. They lied just to get us women to spend money that we don't have. He even offered to finance the work. That was wrong. I will never do business or recommended this Rescue Rooter to anyone. They are in the business to make money off of people's fears.

Original review: April 15, 2018

ARS advertised repeatedly on CBS Miami for a $19.00 A/C service. I called asked them if it specifically covered cleaning out the safety valve on the air handler (the unit inside an apartment or condo designed to fit in limited space). The scheduler said that is definitely covered. I scheduled a 12-4 window 6 days in advance on a Saturday. On Saturday I called at 9 am to insure I was on the schedule. The agent confirmed the 12-4 window and informed me when the window began I would be contacted with a better time estimate. At 2:30 p.m. I did not receive a call, so I contacted an agent, who checked with dispatch to learn they are running behind because the technicians got a late start after the morning meeting. I opted to keep my appointment.

At 4:26 pm I received a call from the ARS dispatcher that my window would be an hour. I enthusiastically accepted and reiterated that the safety valve on the air handler was my primary objective. The dispatcher checked with the technician who stated the air handler isn’t part of their service. After 4.5 hours of waiting, a unit that is part of installing or servicing A/C in almost any Multiple Dwelling unit an HVAC company might operate is now not included in a simple A/C service. This allowed the technician to get out of a late appointment.

Original review: March 13, 2018

Called to set up appt for maintenance check on an air condition that they put. I was told the company was sold to one hour but no one told me so I said they was charging me a certain price for maintenance. She said they charge another price but since I had been customer they could do for certain other price so I said ok and set up an appt. And like a lot other customers they call at the last min and cancelled the appt. so I told them forget it then a few months later I get a call to set up an appt. I did not call them back.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

Called about having ductwork wrapped in crawl space. They said I needed to replace the whole 12-year-old HVAC system as well. Trusted them and I went through Home Depot to hire and pay them with HD Card. They charged me $9500.00. Said they completed the job and after 7 months of triple high electric bills compared to previous months/years, I called them to come see what may be the problem. A young man came and went into my crawl space that I have never been in and came out with pictures. Pictures show NO duct wrapping was done and the main duct was pulled apart from the main duct box by 6 inches letting all air (hot and cold) out under the floor. This was pulled out when they installed a shorter duct reach HVAC system and never completed the job. Robbed me of several thousand dollars.

Reported to Better Business Bureau on Feb. 20, 2018 and BBB sent an email to ARS and their " Quality Control" Person (Shannon) called my mother in law with a harassing and intimidating phone call and questioned my mother in laws word, when we have pictures taken from one of their own employees showing that the work was not performed. This was the first she heard from a "QC" person. Didn't reach out to her until the BBB called and intimidated her. We will be reporting in full to the state of SC Ombudsman act regarding fraud and harassment.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

Be aware of this company if you need to buy a new furnace or need services. I bought a brand new furnace and now it is not working well. It has been used only for one and a half year, and now is broken. The burner is not turning on and it is releasing the air cold. I have called this company more than five times and five technicians went to my home to check the problem but they do not know how to fix the furnace. They do not want to replace the furnace even though it has a 10 years warranty neither. We complain with the manager and the main offices but they do not care about it. Definitely this company is a fraud, do not buy anything from this company or require services because they will charge you every time they go to your home and the technicians do not fix the problem. This is the way this company makes money.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

PATHETIC! I rate them a ZERO. They scheduled an appointment and did not show up at all. They rescheduled for another day and 45 mins prior to the appointment they canceled. They told me they could reschedule 4 days later at the earliest. I explained to the supervisor that our home was uninhabitable without the service and was told that other emergencies were higher priority. They took new business and canceled me. LAME! They cost me lots of money, my family had to find a place to stay. This is the worst I have ever been treated by any contractor!

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

1st of all they never showed up the day of appointment. 2nd day they sent a so called plumber to snake a drain pipe. He wasn't prepared and didn't want to be doing this job since it was on his way home. He blamed the stoppage on septic tank. I called county. They came right out and said that equipment was working properly. I called ARS to complain that job wasn't completed. So they call me back this morning wanting me to schedule but now they want a 70.00 trip surcharge. This operation is disconnected with customers and the plumbers they have. I will make it a point now to share my experience and dissatisfaction.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2017

After hours A.C. repair. While I was away, my wife, 73 yrs. old, home alone and ill, realized A.C. compressor was not running and the house was getting hot around 6:00 PM. We have 2 big dogs and therefore she could not go to hotel. Our regular A.C. repair Co. could not come until the following afternoon so she called ARS. The tech arrived at 9:00PM and was there 50 minutes. He installed a compressor starting capacitor and jump start kit. He gave her a price for the capacitor of $239.00 and the jump kit for $349.00. She had no idea what these parts can be bought for and just knew they were very expensive. Under duress of being stuck, ill in an 85 degree house, she consented to the job. The bill was $757.45. When she reached me the next day I went crazy. I know what the retail prices of those parts are but looked them up to verify. The capacitor is $36.60 and the jump kit is $66.00.

If the tech had quoted me the prices that he charged and I was there I would have asked him to leave and sent my wife to a hotel. She did not have that option. The bottom line is for $102.60 (retail, ARS probably paid 40% less) in parts and 50 minutes of labor my wife was charged $757.45. This is an exorbitant charge applied to an unwitting, ill, senior person who was under duress. How many people do they do this to that do not even realize it. Shameful. A fair deal would have been the normal hourly rate times 2 (double time) since it was after hours and at MOST 25% over retail on the parts. My regular A.C. company charges an hourly rate (premium for after hours) plus retail on the parts. This would have been a total $300.00 after hour repair with them. They would have still made a good profit.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

I had a new A/C unit installed 2 years ago in May 2015. Since that time I have had to call for service 18 times... 10 times in the last 2 MONTHS!!! I've had a different service technician come to the house just about every time. They've given me multiple explanations for why the system doesn't work when they come for a service call. One said it was an air flow problem. Another said they should have never sold me this 2 zone system based on the house design because it will never work right. One said it was the damper motor, so I paid for new one. Another said a TVX bulb not attached.

In July, General Manager came to my house, reviewed the duct work and history of service issues and admitted it wasn't installed properly in the first place. He scheduled someone to come out and fix a supply line. They said it was fixed and we wouldn't have any problems. 3 weeks later there was water in the pan AGAIN and the unit stopped cooling. Service call # 17 - They came out and said water in pan because drain wasn't cleaned out. Today, 1 week later, is service call # 18!!! Water in the pan, unit not cooling. GM won't call me back anymore and never called me after last repair to even check to see if everything was fixed to my satisfaction. HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE service and expertise. STAY FAR AWAY.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

We had our units installed on 7/12/17. It's 8/1/17 and they have never worked! They have tried to fix the issues since day one and failed. They also destroyed the facade of our house with their initial install mistake. (I have photos to show) Customer service has been horrible and their install crew are always a no-show when they say they are going to show! My husband and I had to go to Walmart to purchase two window units to try to keep the temperature down.

According to their customer guarantee, we have asked them to take the units back today, and even though they scheduled it, again they are a no-show. They also overcharged our account! I have recorded each incident, kept my emails and work orders with every single piece of information pertaining to this matter and we are seeking litigation.

Original review: June 17, 2017

Per our contract, our completion date was May 15, 2107; they started the job May 17th, 2017. My installation was postponed until 05/24/2017, they were a no show. They showed up on May 26th, without a call ahead with a time frame. Today is June 17th, we have not had our final inspection. We wrote a check in full prior to them beginning the work; I received a call they accidentally shredded my check and asked for payment. When I told him the job was not complete, he felt apologized for calling me.

The installers were fantastic, but sales and customer service is poor. I called every supervisor on the list our salesperson gave us, not one of them has returned my phone call. This was at the end of May, today is June 17th, no response to my messages. The salesperson sold us on service and their affiliation with Home Depot; they are a very poor representation of Home Depot. I dread the day I have to call for any type of service if this is any example of what I can expect. I don't want anyone else to go through this frustration, they need to figure out where the breakdown of communication is and fix it within their unorganized company. I feel bad for the installers, they work really hard and deserve to work for a company that backs them up.

Original review: May 30, 2017

Last year when my water pipes leaked I called them. Waited several hours for someone to come. My drains are clogged. Decided to give them a second chance. Called them 9 a.m. this morning... as a emergency situation. Raw sewage coming up my drains. It's now 330 p.m. still no plumber or call from them... Terrible service. Will never call them again.

Original review: May 24, 2017

I purchased a home AC unit from Home Depot ARS on Dec 3, 2013. The install was good, works fine. Fast forward: May 2017 we are selling the house. We find out ARS pulled 4 permits, 2 by accident during Dec of 2013 and never had the work inspected and closed out the permits. Lots of communication issues and unity of command issues at ARS. So I called Hillsborough County Florida who advised these permits have expired and I will have to hire an engineer to inspect the work and submit a report. I called an engineer $700.00. WTF. Because of ARS failing to do their job I have to pony up 700 bills. Finally got a call back from ARS who said to send them the bill, ya right. Our closing date is two weeks out. Let's see what happens. My experience is there is a lack of integrity with some Florida contractors. My first contractor is in a Florida prison doing 20 years for fraud. I'm leaving.

Original review: May 12, 2017

I spent $99 on May 4 for a technician to tell me what I already knew, that I would need to purchase a new hvac unit and that the $99 would go towards the purchase of a new heating and air system. The technician was amazing. He then contacted a "comfort salesman" who came that same day and said he would look for a system and get back to me the next day with a quote.

That same day, the comfort salesman and I went to my condo office and arranged with the building manager to have the water shut off for my tier the day of installation on May 8 and the salesman also spoke with our building technician. Tuesday May 8 comes and I still have no hvac. I called the comfort salesman and he said "we're still looking". I trusted that the salesman would be able to find a unit and waited.

By the evening of Wednesday May 10 I had given up and called to talk with a manager about refunding the $99 as they were not able to fulfill my order. A manager called the next morning and said "sorry, we cannot refund the $99". I was so upset -- I have been using this company since 2006 for plumbing issues. I gave up and called another company who immediately was able to assist me. I will never use ARS again. All over $99 -- really?? Bad management.

Original review: April 11, 2017

I used ARS Rescue Rooter in Chester, VA to install a new water heater. One year, one month later it was leaking. They said it was the tank leak when it was actually the pipe. They charged me for the visit with WRONG diagnosis as I discovered where the leak was after they told me to call RHEEM the manufacturer. The ARS manager called me that afternoon and said they will come fix it after I complained to the service tech.

The next day the tech calls me back and says they'll do it for $350 after I was told they would fix it for free (I already gave them $77 for the service call). Very POOR customer service and poor tech service too as I determined the problem after he missed. They also charged me $100 this winter to come check it out as my hot water was not heating properly (this was under one year). If you want a frustrating experience with poor service, then ARS is your company. I used a local plumber who charged me $150 to fix ARS's poor workmanship.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2017

Called ARS to come out and check my parents AC for them. They got my credit card info over the phone and took money out of my account for the technician to show up between the hours of 12-4. Well, he never showed or called. We waited all day long for them and called 4 times to be told we were the next in line. They rescheduled to tomorrow morning. Let's see if they show!!!

Original review: Dec. 26, 2016

I wish I would of read the reviews prior to purchasing a new ac unit with ars. Like most of the people I went through Home Depot, I think of Home Depot as a reputable company. I continued to have the unit checked biannually. 2 1/2 years later they claimed the evaporator coil has a leak. The employee never did a leak test. They said part is under warranty, but the labor cost will be 850 dollars. I declined. I called another ac company who came out and did a leak test and did not even find a leak. The cost to replace the evaporator coil would of cost me 350 dollars. It's disgusting.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2016

Rescue Rooter very high cost, triple cost of most other plumber companies. They quoted a job to fix a leaky toilet for $489 before they even looked at it. I told them that cost was too high. They lowered the price to $369 since they said they would probably have to run a snake through the lines, maybe there will be a crack toilet, reseal, change out bolts. It kind of scare me thinking I had a big problem. I agree, I stood there and watched him and he did nothing but change the seal. He said the drain line was fine and the toilet was fine. He spent 15 minutes and charged me the full price. He said it was a worn out seal. 15 minute job.

I asked why were they charging so much and the plumber said, just in case he had to clear the drain line, which he did not. There was nothing wrong with the drain line. He still charged me the full price. He was rude. He took advantage of me since I'm an older woman and I feel I got screwed by Rescue Rooter. When I complained to him, he said it's the company not him. This is completely true what happen. This company is awful. Don't use them especially if you're an women.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2016

Issue: I purchased a home with 2 comfort maker systems installed by ARS in 2002. Subsequent to that I have used ARS for the past 14 years for all things HVAC. In 6/2013 I purchased a new unit from ARS - (ARVF30B14 & GSZ13024 Invoice # **). On 10/14 2016 I had it serviced because it was not working properly (Invoice # **). I was told that the compressor was (1) weak and (2) not starting every time and that a Hard-Start kit "may" help. I had the hard-start kit installed and it did not improve the unit's performance.

I have been calling ARS on 888-242-4ARS at 9010 Maier Road, Laurel MD 20723 every other day since 10/14/16. Each time the person who answers asks me to explain and then they offer to send someone out to diagnose at my expense. They then tell me that they will email the service supervisor and I will be contacted. Now it has been a solid month with no call back, it is getting cold and I have a 10 year warranty on this 3-year old unit.

My complaints: Why should I have to pay to have them come check a unit that is under warranty that they just checked less than 30 days ago. Why wouldn't someone reach out to me by phone or other correspondence if I call every other day which would be about 15 calls at this point. I tried to resolve this situation before it got cold but NOW IT IS COLD! I don't think that someone who has been a customer for 14 years and who only uses ARS for HVAC should be treated this way Remedy: Send someone out to diagnose this unit. If it is under warranty deal with the manufacturer, if not I will pay. Thanks for reading.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2016

As some other people, we started our problem by listening to a Home Depot rep (ARS is a contractor for Home Depot) to get a $59.00 tune-up on our American Standard furnace. It was the most expensive $59.00 we have ever spent. ARS service came home & told us both capacitors needed to be replaced. However, one was special & needed to be ordered from factory. 15 mins later technician told us he found something similar in his bag & will replace it. We end up paying over $420 for this tune-up. A week later, when we turned the furnace on, there was a terrible noise from motor. I called ARS and was told that for additional $95.00 someone will come to our home to check this issue. ARS refused to comeback & check this issue for free. Now, after spending over $420, we have to replace the furnace. We will never buy any appliances or services from Home Depot anymore.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2016

Probably the worst customer service in the nation. Bought our unit via Home Depot (over $9K) installed and maintained by ARS (two plus times per year). Due to bad install but mostly maintenance, mold developed in the coil. Coil damaged by maintenance causing water buildup. UV light does not work with lots of water. Air handler, clean effects unit, ductwork and entire home contained by mold. Ductwork installed by ARS one cause of mold as it was installed improperly. Years of repair requests resulted in damaged ceilings and water spots due to not being insulated properly by ARS.

ARS refuses to address their responsibility and hands off to their insurance company (Liberty Mutual) that stalls for a few months and then refuses the claim established by their mold inspectors. Liberty Mutual said, "Sue us." So far out around $15K and counting. ARS refuses to warranty our unit (Carrier 10 year warranty) or honor their service contract (current from install to today). No refund and waiting for Home Depot to intervene. Fort Walton Beach ARS office but mostly the ARS HQ in Memphis refuses to take any responsibility for their product and service.

BEWARE - their written warranty for lifetime ductwork and 10 year Carrier warranty is only as good as the company. This company refuses to accept any responsibility for their service. Time to pursue via legal channels, BBB, and state consumer protections. Would recommend anyone except ARS - Does not stand behind product or service contracts.

Rescue Rooter Company Information