Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.16/5

Need help with a repair or new project?

Get matched with a contractor or specialist on HomeAdvisor

Get started

Need help with a repair or new project?

Get matched with a contractor or specialist on HomeAdvisor

Get started

Rescue Rooter Reviews

Original review: June 18, 2020

Very good company! On time with smooth operating technicians. After removing the old unit, they cut the hole in the wall around 4 inches too high. A few weeks later they sent a carpenter to fix it. And then there is the semi-annual free system check-up.

Original review: June 16, 2020

We called 3 weeks ago for a problem with our AC. Tech came out and charged us $550 for the work/parts to fix it. Fast forward to a couple of days ago and we are having the same problem with our AC. New tech comes out and charges another $250 dollars and says he will be back later that night to fix it. Calls that night and says he can't come because it is raining but he will be back 1st thing Monday morning. Yesterday (Monday) comes, no tech and no call. We called 5 times with a promise to call back and nothing (mind you we've already paid over $800 for this problem). Today we called and they said the part is on back order for 1-3 days! In the meantime there isn't anything they can do so our house isn't 84 degrees (they are out of floor units at the moment)! Total crap. I've left messages with the manager but I'm not expecting a call back. In the meantime, they can expect a lawsuit if my 5 year old has to go to the hospital for heat exhaustion.

Get buying tips about Online Bathroom Fixtures and Plumbing delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 3, 2020

Integrity. So important these days. Before hiring a plumber, I did my due diligence and read through all reviews I could find. Many of the reviews I read on "Rescue Rooter" plumbing were from states other than mine and were negative. My wife and I rolled the dice and went with Rescue Rooter for a plumbing issue we had at our rental property. We were met by Dontae, the plumbing tech, at the time promised. Dontae immediately got to work assessing the problem; we thought it was slow draining drains creating a leak in the low spot of the house, Dontae showed us the drains were fine, and it was a corrupted wax ring on a toilet.

I told him I could fix this myself, and to settle up with my wife for any service call charge owed for coming out so quick (within 2 hrs. of the call placed). Dontae smiled and said words I haven't heard ever by a subcontractor in this decade, " ... no charge today, ma'am ..." with smiling eyes (he had a mask on) ... WHAT?!! A company who had every right to charge a service call, yet they didn't. Wow... All I can say is, in the state of WA (where I reside), if you need a plumber, or plumbing service, you could do a lot worse by going with another company. That, to me, is integrity. I will give this company all of my business (and refer them to all my friends) because of their business practices. THANK YOU Rescue Rooter for making what I thought would be an expensive situation into something I could fix (not that replacing a toilet wax ring is a fun job!).

Original review: April 30, 2020

False advertising on website. They shows $89 for drainage cleaning but when the plumber arrived he quoted $350. Secondly he supposed to come between 11:30-3:30pm. He arrived at 4:50pm saying cannot find my address on GPS. So does it take 1 hour and 20 minutes to find address in Manor TX? It's not a metro city.

Original review: March 10, 2020

Do not use them - ever. They had a table setup at Home Depot and was offering discounted HVAC tune up. They came out for sure and actually try to use scare tactics to tell you the system is old and need to be replaced even though the unit works fine. The guy, Brandon, came out and poured water in the drainage valve and says it is clogged and says he cannot check the system and that I needed a plumber to fix the drain first before he can actually so call "tune the system". Brandon got the nerves to call me back a year later to offer me a tune up for $9 to prepare for the summer.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rescue Rooter?

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

Already knew what my problem was, but they still wanted to send their tech out to confirm the problem, I needed an expansion valve installed on my unit. It’s still under warranty, but they still said it would be, and $1000 to install. I never missed a payment, and they still wouldn’t come down on the price. I’ll never ever deal with them again. They are all about the money. Do care about the customer.???

Original review: Jan. 29, 2020

All I needed was a drain snaked at my rental property. When they came out they said that they fixed it from the outside and it was good to go, my tenants told me there was still standing water in the sink. The next day they came out and said it will cost me $10,000 to fix because they have to cut under cement to fix the pipes. They did not even try snake it, water was still standing in the sink. I told them no way and to leave. All I needed was someone to snake it. When they came out they said that they fixed it from the outside and it was good to go, my tenants told me there was still standing water in the sink. I had another plumber go out there and snake it said the cost would be $95. Everything running smoothly now.

ARS showed me some pictures but I was told by other plumbers that they were probably not pictures of my pipes due to them not being able to get these pictures if it was still plugged up. I cannot believe that ARS quoted me $10,000 for a job that cost under $100. They recently did a job for me and charged me 10,000 to fix the pipes under the street from my bathroom, Which I am still paying. I will never use this company again and I hope you won't either.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2019

Oct 5, 2019. Clogged drain in shower stall. They quoted us three grand for what another plumber charged $165. Began with bait & switch. After describing the drain issue in detail, their office quoted $88 to snake it. Tech who showed up said snaking thru a large floor drain would be nearly $300, even though it was easy access. He snaked for 6 minutes and then claimed pipe was corroded closed and a few feet of pipe would need replacing! 'Only' three grand! I called another plumber and he snaked it clear in a couple minutes and charged for minimum housecall! After I posted my bad experience on Yelp, I received calls from two "senior managers" who profusely apologized and offered to reimburse me the $165 charged by the other plumber (who easily snaked clear the drain). As of Dec 12, they have NOT made good on their promise and have not sent us a check.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2019

Worst experience ever in the last 10 years. Ridiculous!! Do not bother calling them to come in and troubleshoot the root cause. We had a sink backup issue a month back, a technician came in, we spent $600. He has no idea of the cause and just cleaned some pipes and said the issue would go away. The issue recently came back within a month and we tried to reschedule for re-service and so far they have rescheduled it 4 times on various days. Their customer service is horrible to say the least and I have lost patience, wish I could just get the refund and never ever call them.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2019

I am an Airbnb Owner and ARS attempted to misrepresent the nature of my required Service Request. My Air Conditioning Unit was not cooling properly and they attempted to informed me that the entire unit required replacing. They did not attempt to repair the existing unit only to state that it was old and that the unit was beyond repair although this was not the case. I call in a second opinion from Lee Company and they proceeded to repair the unit by cleaning the coils, replacing the filter and adding additional coolant. This only required about an hour of onsite time from the more than capable Service Technician from the Lee Company and the unit was up and running the cooling efficiently saving both me and my guests from the oppressive heat during that time.

ARS intentionally attempted to upsell my wife who was at the time working with them to resolve the cooling issue to the tune of $5000.00 for a total HVAC System replacement when the unit only required simple maintenance. These people were unprofessional and obviously thought we were not capable of making a better choice for our service needs. I will never use ARS again and I advise everyone else not to use their services as well.

Rescue Rooter Company Information