Find an Online Bathroom Fixtures and Plumbing partner

Help me decide

3.8/5 (216 ratings)
Find an Online Bathroom Fixtures and Plumbing partner
Banner image

Need help with a bathroom project?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

About Rescue Rooter

Banner image

Need help with a bathroom project?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Rescue Rooter Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rescue Rooter?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rescue Rooter?

Original review: Aug. 9, 2021

On December 30, 2020, we purchased a $12,000 air conditioning unit from ARS. I explained to the salesman that my sister is an MS patient and cannot get overheated. He claimed this unit was the very best and that there was a guarantee that if they could not fix any problem within 24 hours, ARS would provide a hotel room or portable units to keep my home comfortable. At the beginning of July, the air quit working. After a day, the technician discovered that the installers had not securely attached the duct. The duct had been leaking, possibly since December, and had finally blown off entirely. Thanks! We love to pay to air condition the great Florida outdoors!

Then at the beginning of August, we began having issues with low voltage. Several techs came out and worked on it, replaced some parts, and stated that they might ought to put new wiring in place so they would talk to their service manager. No one ever followed up on that or offered to send a more knowledgeable tech out. Finally on Friday, August 6, the unit began making a banging noise and I called again. They told me no one could come out until the next day. A tech came out on Saturday afternoon after we had had no air for over 24 hours. He fiddled with the unit and finally said that it needed a board which would have to be ordered and would arrive in 2 to 3 days. I was not happy and began calling every number I could find including the salesman who sold us the unit. No one cared and no one tried to be helpful. They put me off and kept saying they would tell a supervisor. No supervisor ever got in touch.

I purchased portable units for over $800 so I could at least cool two bedrooms and keep my sister cool. Here we are on Monday, August 9 with no air conditioning in the house. I have called everyone again and they are now saying it could be 2 or more days before they can fix the air. This unit is less than 8 months old and it was the "best", most expensive unit they sell. The salesman guaranteed their service would be the "best" and most responsive possible. I am sad, disappointed, mad, and feeling cheated by this company.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2021

Paid over $9k for a complete replacement. The deal was for replacement of the entire unit, 2 free filters, duct cleaning and sealing. They did the unit replacement but failed to replace the 30 amp breaker with a 20. They didn’t bring the filters so I had to use the “cut yourself” type that I happened to have on hand. They didn’t clean out seal the ducts and when I call to get these things scheduled they say they’ll call back and never do. I even called to find out what size filter I need, they say they’ll have the parts department call but they never do. This is a trash company, don’t use them for anything if you want it done right.

Get buying tips about Online Bathroom Fixtures and Plumbing delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 27, 2021

Talked us into new furnace. Botched installation. Leak in ceiling. Months and still not fixed. AC that they installed within last year went out. Despite service agreement, no emergency service. Unqualified staff.

Original review: July 16, 2021

Excellent experienced workers provided high quality installation. They removed old leaking heater, and made necessary modifications and installed new heater. They drained and removed old heater. Installation was performed in basement.

Original review: July 14, 2021

I had a drainage block caused by a broken pipe underneath the concrete slab in my basement. I called ARS Rescue Rooter and that was my biggest mistake. In their 1st visit, Andrew from ARS was able to unclog the drain pipe for $500 but submitted me a totally wrong diagnosis of the problem. He gave me a $6k estimate for fixing a root intrusion in the drainpipe in my front yard that was totally unrelated to the issue. The drain blockage returned immediately after 3 weeks.

Then Chad from ARS did a good job of diagnosing the problem correctly. He submitted me an estimate of 6.5K to dig a 3x3 ft hole in the concrete slab in my basement to investigate the broken pipe and replace it. Ronnie and Robert from ARS did a good job and fixed the plumbing issue in a day so I could use restrooms etc. However, they left a 3x3 ft hole in my basement for 3 days.

Later another guy, *Jeremiah* from ARS came to fill the concrete hole. He did a shady job of preparing the sub-grade without even compacting it. Knowing very well there is a bit of void underneath it and more crushed stone should be needed. He was ready to pour concrete but when I stepped on the sub-grade, it just disintegrated. He then complained to his office that the customer caused an issue and charged me an extra $600 bucks for it. I just caught him leaving a sinkhole under the concrete. Due to time crunch and not wanting a sinkhole in the basement, I agreed to pay for it. Robert from ARS bought extra bags of rocks to prepare the subgrade and then poured concrete on top. I am still doubtful if they poured the concrete correctly. Stay away from ARS Rescue Rooter especially if you see *Jeremiah* come to work! He is dishonest and a liar.

Original review: June 18, 2021

As a general contractor ARS is the WORST plumbing contractor I have ever experienced and that is in 45 years of contracting. After working with them on a schedule I made an appointment for a week later, today from 10-2. I had phoned them 2 days earlier to double check and appt on. I phoned them this morning at 8:15 to make triple for sure and was assured they will be and I will receive a call 1/2 hour before. I went to job site and "opened up" the plumbing to be ready. I received a call alright informing me they do not work in my area anymore and no one will be there. They did tell me they were "sorry" for any inconvenience they caused me. Did not offer to cover my costs. Stay away from this company. MA

Original review: June 3, 2021

This company is the worst! We have had nothing but problems since we put their system in 4 years ago! Every time they come out (which has been extensive) they make excuses, never show up and break the system constantly. They don't stand beyond their systems and forget talking to a manager. Their people are condescending and don't have a clue what they are doing!

Original review: May 20, 2021

I am a single mother who lives in an efficiency apartment in my home and rent out the other various space to provide an income for my daughter and I. In Feb 2020 I received a call from the tenant that the air heat wasn't working. I immediately began calling around to try and get someone to come and see what needed to be done. My unit was several years old so my fear was that it was a significant repair. The customer service I received while scheduling someone to come out was great. She had someone arrive that very day! He turned the switch on and heard the sound it was making and turned it off to do the remaining inspection. He showed me rust inside the unit and said with the noise it made trying to light he was not going to let it continue running and was going to contact the sales rep to get me a quote.

The sales rep came out, he was pleasant enough, we spent much time talking about his personal affairs! Before I agreed to buy a new unit, I had said several times that even though I had not smelled propane that surely it couldn't be something as simple as needing propane, to which that was not addressed and we continued to talk about the age and condition of the inside of the unit. The installer came out very quickly, within a very short time and I actually left him there to run back to work, I came home to find the invoice on the table with the information that the unit wouldn't heat because I was OUT OF PROPANE!??? So, I now owe close to 8k on a unit that had some age on it but was not heating because I had no propane. It would come on and try to ignite and there was no propane so it would just sit and hum and then kick off.

On March 1, I received a text from the sales rep saying my payment couldn't go through because the amount was too large. I responded immediately. I responded again on March 2 to the sales rep through personal text, as that was how we had already connected initially. I told him how discouraged I was that I had the propane guys out that very day to fill and my tank was completely empty. He did not respond to this but said that I could call the office to get payment processed or mail a cashiers check. On 3/1/21 I communicated w/ someone about my payment and told them I would get with the bank about raising the limit so my payment could be processed. I also told them I would like to see what we could do as I had bought a unit without the tech checking the propane and what could be done.

I spoke with Manager Nick on or shortly after 3/11/21 and he was very pleasant at that point and ask me what would make this ok. He ended up knocking 500 or so off the bill and I told him that would at least cover the propane so I would try to call in and get the payment processing started. Well, as a single mom working all sorts of jobs life has gotten busy and I had not realized so many days have come and gone since I told him I would get that taken care of. I have had no bills, and I have had no phone calls from anyone at this company.

Yesterday evening at 6pm I was at a holistic doctor's appointment (for my anxiety needs) and my phone rang several times back to back. I was handed my phone as we thought something might be urgent. It was Nick. He stated that they have repeatedly tried to work with me to no end and that this was urgent that the payment get dealt with today as there was already a lien being issued toward my house. There were other words than that but that was the bottom line. I told him I did not dispute that I owed a bill and I wanted to get that taken care of but the inaccurate information and the inappropriate way that he used to talk with me was very inappropriate. To this he continued that the information was NOT inaccurate and that there were multiple documentations of phone calls to me. He agreed that he could get me that documentation. I told him I needed to call him as I was in a place where I couldn't get this resolved (Dr's Office).

After I left I called the number I had for the office and Daniel talked very pleasant with me. I ask her to tell me the documentation that was under my account regarding phone calls or bills etc.... I ask her if the accounting department had been making calls to me would they be listed under my account and she said yes. I then called Nick at the number he had given to me. He advised that the payment had to be dealt with now as it's too late for anything else to happen. I told him the debit would not go through as the amount was too high and I could meet someone in the morning to give them a check, I also ask for the documented information of the attempts to collect this debt. He said, "I am not going to go back and forth, you've already received the FedEx and it's too late for anything more!"

My phone showed another number ringing just as Nick was being inappropriate and completely unprofessional. In a threatening way telling me there was no further options past getting the payment tonight! I Elaine from ARS had left me a message saying there was a big misunderstanding and could I please call her ASAP. I called, she clarified that she had checked and I had not received the FedEx and that she was calling back the FedEx and that there would be no lien on my house if I could let her know how we were going to settle things and move forward. She apologized several times for Nick, which was not her place to do. Nick was completely threatening and inappropriate. She and I spoke for almost 30 min and I agreed to mail a check this morning. When she pulled up my account the amount does not show that Nick took off the 600$. It still shows I owe $7800. Elaine told me to go ahead ad send the $7200 and get this settled.

This morning I text to get Nick's email, which he sent immediately. I emailed him within minutes to verify that my account has been corrected and that when they receive the $7200 that my balance will be zero so I do not get a threatening a call months for now for non payment. He has yet to respond. I emailed him at 8 am and then text him asking for confirmation that he received, he did not respond. It has been 4 hours and I have received no response. I am waiting on a lawyer to advise me how I can send this check but safely be paid in full to prevent any further contact with this company.

Original review: March 30, 2021

January 2021 I contacted ARS néw to SC last June 2020. ARS from start to finish went well for me. I’m happy with everything that Ben the Sales Rep wrote up my contract. I plan to call them to inspection my system in September 2021.

Original review: March 25, 2021

I called a week ago. Schedule my appointment for 03/25/2021. They called me on the day of my appointment to tell me they can’t come till April 2 2021 and that they have to charge me a fee of 130 for coming. The service is just horrible. I do not recommend them. They are a nightmare.

Rescue Rooter Company Information