Servicing New York City & Long Island

4.6/5 (464 ratings)

About Rollup Awnings

Since 1979, Rollup Awning has provided quality products and awning services in the Long Island area. Rollup Awning retractable deck awnings are designed to operate by remote control, timer, or wind sensing operation. Our top quality deck awnings are available in different patterns and colors to transform your patio and deck.

Rollup Awnings Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rollup Awnings?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rollup Awnings?

Original review: June 22, 2018

My previous awning fell down and I bought a new one from Rollup Awnings. They're local and they have quality. They gave us a remote control to roll the awning up and down and the customer service I received was excellent. I had my 75th birthday party in June and we had about 60 people. We were outside and thank God we had the awning, otherwise I would’ve fried.

Original review: June 19, 2018

After viewing many awning products I was really pleased with Rollup Awnings technology, sales, service, efficiency. The awning Sale was completed, ordered, delivered and installed in about 2 weeks. All in all I am very happy.

Original review: June 19, 2018

Our patio was virtually unusable during the summer months. This year we decided to go with an awning. We chose Rollup Awnings. We are now enjoying our patio and are glad we made this choice. So far so good. I will recommend this company to friends.

Original review: June 16, 2018

I had cut down all my trees without realizing what I was doing. I had nothing but the sun in my backyard until 3 o’clock in the afternoon. Hence, I needed the awning. My friend recommended Rollup Awnings because he has one at his house. They have a sales office in Long Island where I live so I went there and picked out the fabric. The owner came here and measured then the install team came. I have a lot of furniture on the deck and I’m handicapped, and they were able to move it for me. The people from Rollup Awnings were wonderful. I can't say enough nice things about them. I've only had the awning for a month but I’ve gotten a lot of use out of it so I’m happy with it. I like to paint outside and now, I can do it in the shade and I don’t have to wait until 4 o’clock in the afternoon. I would recommend them without a doubt.

Original review: June 14, 2018

My deck is very high and the sun is there during the morning and afternoon. My mother told me to invest in an awning and Rollup was in the area that I used to patrol so I went to their store. A rep told me about the colors and a lot of different things about their products. He told me that I could have the Cadillac awning or I could go for a cheap awning. And looking at the way it was, I went with the Cadillac awning. I love it. They told me I could customize it and that if I wanted a remote control, I could have one. They said I could even put it on the wall like a TV remote. And if my power goes out, I could get the pole out that they gave me and crank it close.

The installers came after two weeks and didn't take long to install the unit. They did an excellent job and were very good and clean. Since then, we've been out in my deck more and my Rollup awning covers the whole thing, which I love. I would recommend Rollup Awnings. I would have my friends come over and show them mine like I'm showing my neighbors.

Original review: June 12, 2018

I was looking at another awning place and they sent me estimation. I was interested until I heard I have to put the thing up myself. And I was like, “Oh, that sounds crazy.” So when I went to Rollup Awnings, it was more money but it’s a lot sturdier. And they did it for me. It works well. I’m very happy I went through Rollup Awnings. The guy from the store was very nice and very helpful. We looked at all the materials. He spent a lot of time with us and we went back there twice. He even gave us a sample to go home with to see which one would match our patio and furniture. And then we went back and he opened up a lot of the awnings so we could get a good feel for what it’s like. It’s hard when you buy that other one, you can’t see it. You’re seeing a picture. So here, I was actually able to see the awnings and once I saw it opened that was when I fell in love with it.

They installed the awning very quickly too. They showed us how it worked manually and they hooked it up to one of their portable electrical thing because I didn’t have the electric work done yet. It was to show us what it looks like. And then, they also recommended an electrician that they use a lot and he put the whole thing as far as the electrical work and it was fine.

I have a house that has the western exposure in the back and I always have the full sun. And I very rarely use my patio in the summer because the sun was beating down on me. But now lately, I’ve been opening it up and I’m able to sit out there and not be roasted in the sun. So I’m happy. It hasn’t been cool but it’s just not having that sun on you is a plus. Definitely buy your awning from Rollup and nowhere else. I really love my awning. My husband and kids love it too, so everybody loves it.

Original review: June 2, 2018

I looked into Rollup Awnings and looked at their product's quality. I bought an awning and it's fine. The couple of Rollup representatives I dealt with were pleasant. And they helped me discuss a couple of options including color choice. I like the guys who installed it, and the installation was quick and easy. It was a little dirty with metal chips on the patio, but after that, everything was fine. I'm happy with the experience. Rollup awnings are made well, and I'd tell my friends to buy one.

Original review: May 31, 2018

We recently contracted with Rollup Awnings to purchase and to have them install our awning in our condo. They were extremely helpful and Judd, who personally called the Homeowners Association of the condo to receive approval to install. We enjoy using our awning and would recommend this company to anyone looking to purchase an awning.

Original review: May 27, 2018

We kept on getting tents. We have a lot of parties and it’s total daylight and we sweat our butts off trying to get ready. And then in the evening, sometimes it’s drizzling but we can still stay outside with the awnings. So I Googled awnings and Rollup Awnings came up. I went in with cash in hand. The price seemed fair and I purchased the new awning. The rep did it right away and I loved her. As soon as they opened up a spot to install, they installed it for me. The Rollup Awnings reps were all great and the way their team installed our awning was fantastic. I love Rollup Awnings and I referred them to my sister-in-law and other families are gonna be getting Rollup Awnings as well.

Original review: May 22, 2018

I’ve been thinking about getting an awning for a couple of years. Rollup Awnings has a local showroom and I was able to go in and touch and feel their products there. I got a brand new awning from them for use during barbecues and entertaining guests.

Original review: May 20, 2018

My wife wanted an awning since we moved. I was gonna go to SunSetter and then I saw Rollup Awnings online. I was told by somebody that Rollup was a better company. We told the salesman what we were looking for and he gave the recommendation for the size. He was very helpful in getting us our new awning. The whole staff from sales to installation were very exceptional. They were understanding and they met all our needs. They knew exactly what we wanted. Everything is perfect. Having the awning made sitting outside a lot better.

Original review: May 18, 2018

Rollup Awnings is local and I could go to the showroom and see what I was buying. My interactions with the Rollup Awnings reps were good. The installers were also good putting it up and they did what they said they were gonna do in a timely manner. I put up two awnings, although it hasn’t been nice enough to use them.

Original review: May 17, 2018

My umbrella in the back was showing its age and it was inadequate. I had to throw it out. I wanted even more shade so it was time to purchase an awning. I found Rollup Awnings when I was on the market for awnings and when I went to YouTube. Also, I liked that they make the products right on Long Island as it's near my home.

The rep came to our house and gave us our options. We ended up purchasing two of them, a smaller one that is a crank and the larger one is power. They gave us the choice of fabric. We were offered a discount if we took a certain fabric but it wasn’t our favorite so we opted for our first choice on both of them so they match. The guys who did the installations worked efficiently and I liked the construction material. Also, the sales rep had a truck which gave me a lot of confidence in the samples that he had and that they were the right company to go with if I wanted durability.

There was some confusion though. When the installer came, they didn't have the proper fabric so they had to come back another day. I thought that was an easy thing that they could have avoided. When they came back, most of the hard work had been done so they took half the time to finish the job. Now, I can spend more time in the yard. My Rollup Awnings make it cooler on hot days and on days where it’s not raining too hard.

Original review: May 12, 2018

I had an existing awning where the fabric was exposed then the birds nested in there and they crapped all over my deck. It was fun to clean up every week. I felt like Rollup Awnings had the best product. Their team took team took two hours to do install it and they were nice, clean and quick. I customized the awning color-wise and it's is completely in a metal tube, so the birds can’t nest on it and I don’t have to scrub my deck anymore.

Original review: May 11, 2018

We have a back deck that gets very hot. I love the sun, my husband not so much and he likes a little shade. We received a flyer from SunSetter and checked out what their awning looks and feels like. Then we received a brochure for Rollup Awnings and we ended up going out and meeting them. There was no comparison, Rollup was definitely the better choice with regards to quality and longevity. Their rep was wonderful. We didn't want the awning on the roof and he gave us every option that we had and helped us make our decision. Moreover, the installers were wonderful and finished the job in a little over an hour.

Original review: May 4, 2018

My husband has been pushing me and I finally agreed that I wanted something where I could sit out and be protected from the rain. He was also more interested in being protected from the sun. We pass Rollup Awnings all the time while driving around the area and ended up using them. The owner was very knowledgeable. We bought a remote controlled awning and we were able to customize its size, as well as choose the material. The installation was very simple. Plus, the men who came were very professional, pleasant, and fast. My husband used it on Sunday and liked it very much. Overall, we had a pleasurable experience.

Original review: April 29, 2018

I needed a shade and I heard about Rollup Awnings through a friend. I liked the company’s friendly service and their reps were very informative. The installation only took a couple hours and the installers were neat. The new awning looks beautiful and it gives shade in the areas that I needed it. Thank you for the excellent service, Rollup Awnings.

Original review: April 25, 2018

We had an aluminum awning removed and we needed to replace the awning and update it big time. Rollup Awnings seemed like a reputable brand and it’s local so we figured we'd go with them. I sat down with their reps for a while and went over everything, and they explained very well about the motor and the qualities, plus the service of the materials and styles. Everybody that we spoke with was very helpful and the whole experience was very good.

We like the awning so far. It's very nice and it's working very well. We just customized the size and color that we wanted. We haven't had the awning that long, but it's by the pool to block the sun from the deck. I open it up when people are here and I impress them when they're watching it open up. They're talking about it when they actually have seen it open. The motorized component of the awning is definitely cool. I appreciate everything and I'm very happy with Rollup Awnings.

Original review: April 18, 2018

We’ve used Rollup Awnings for many years. We picked them out of the yellow pages and we’ve had a relationship with them even before the internet. They did a good job the first time and we stayed with them. We’ve had several jobs with them through the years. We purchased a new awning from them about four years ago. We called them up and we asked for a quote for the main awning. We had gotten some other quotes to make sure that the Rollup Awnings rep was in the same ballpark and he came in reasonable. He wasn’t the lowest, but he was not too far off the low and we decided to stay with them. We replaced the main awning with a motorized one. The installers were very quiet and didn’t cause any disruption. We didn’t even know they were there and they did their job very efficiently and professionally.

Original review: April 17, 2018

We've had Rollup Awnings since 1992 but we had to have it repaired and put a motor in. Their reps were courteous over the phone and when they came to the house to measure. The man that was here helped us a lot to pick out the material and the color. Plus, he was very honest about it. We have a deck and we put the awning out to block the sun. This company is very reliable and we're really satisfied with them.

Original review: April 7, 2018

My neighbor went with Rollup Awnings, and I saw how much she used her awning in the summer so we decided that we wanted to do it as well. I trusted her opinion since she checked everybody out first and then went with them. So I called Rollup Awnings, then met their sales agent. He went over all the fabrics and its length. I told them exactly what I wanted and ordered it. The process was very easy and quick since I wanted the exact one my neighbor had. The Rollup Awnings team was great.

Original review: March 28, 2018

Rollup Awnings was expensive. I thought it was right from the factory and that it would be more reasonable. I’ve used it and the quality is okay, it serves its purpose. It’s still good, it's still working but I don’t know if I will go back to them. They installed it and they did a good job. However, I'd tell others to shop around.

Original review: March 27, 2018

My Rollup Awning has been great. I went with this them because they made the awnings larger than the other popular one made -- SunSetter didn’t come in the size I needed to cover my deck. I had the length and width and the depth of it customized. My wife and I wanted an electric model, and they had a good selection of fabric for the canvas itself, and we enjoyed it. We chose the one we wanted to and then they came and put it in for us, so it has been good.

Original review: March 15, 2018

A salesperson came to my home and showed pictures and fabrics. I bought a new awning and I use it when it's sunny outside.

Original review: March 4, 2018

We got tired of using just these little umbrellas because they only cover one person. My husband wanted to cover the whole family and in the end, after years, an awning would be cheaper than keep buying these huge umbrellas. The people from Rollup Awnings worked with me and were very kind. I changed my mind a few times and they had no attitude. I had a couple of different customizations that I wanted, which they did and I'm happy with the installation and the process.

Original review: March 2, 2018

We had a large awning put in about 15 years ago and then we installed another one at the back five years ago. When the large one started to pull off the roof, Rollup Awnings had to come in to put some extra tie-downs on it because there was too much tension on the beam. They resolved it within half a day. The awning is not hanging off the side of the house, but it’s actually on a low-slung roof and it’s a fairly large piece. You can’t really leave it out, so you have to really pull it in if you have any kind of increment weather. So over time, this thing started to sag on it. But Rollup Awnings was great and they were very professional in everything they've done. I recommend them to anybody.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2018

We got storm shutters from Rollup Awnings in 1990, then we recently purchased a new unit last year. I called them, they came to the house and measured, then they gave me a quote and we went ahead and did the job. They did a great a job and also have a good quality product. Everything was great in our interactions with the Rollup Awnings team. It was an excellent experience and I highly recommend them. We are very happy and may they continue the good work.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

Rollup Awnings don't ignore you like a lot of places do when you walk into a store, and purchasing from them was a painless process. I told them the size we needed and I picked out the color. They made it and then they came and installed it. And they had a special when we bought our awning where we got the motor with it. We had no shade in the backyard before, but now we can sit out there in the rain and in the sun. We get the hot afternoon sun and it protects us from that. I also liked that if it gets windy, the awning closes. I don't have to worry about it ripping off the house.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

I put in my awnings up and down every year and I didn't want to be putting them up in the spring and taking them down in the winter, so I put rollups up. There is a local dealer that advertised Rollup Awnings so I went there, compared them to a couple of other people, then had them do it. I'm happy I did it with Rollup Awnings and I'd tell others it would be a good decision to go with them.

I have roll-up shutters too that I purchased direct 8 years ago. They're hurricane shutters that roll up and down in front of a lodge, and I put them up myself because it was too complicated for the one that sold me the awnings. Those shutters I had it cut and put up and head them into the soffits in front of the doors so that they weren't visible and then, they come down out of the soffits. It overhang outside the house in case there was some bad weather and down they came. I've had no mechanical malfunctions all the years I've had it, so I'll keep going on there to what they're doing.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

I bought this Rollup Awning four to five years ago. We were in the market to get an awning and we went online and checked out who is in that business. We looked at Sunset Awnings then we looked at companies that are local, and Rollup is local to me. They’re out here in Suffolk County. We redid a room in the house that had a large sliding glass door that was going out to the backyard and steps were going out from it. So, we figured it would be a great idea to have an awning out there to protect us from the elements, the sun or whatever. I remember one of the principals came to the house and he had some mechanisms in the trunk of his car that actually showed how the Rollup Awnings mechanically work. And I was very impressed with the mechanical aspect of the Rollup Awnings. It looked like it was really solid made and wasn't flimsy so that the awning itself mechanically would work well.

We picked the design and the material looked like as good quality as I could get anywhere else so it was going to be more expensive, but it looked like you would get what you would pay for. Even though it was more than what we anticipated and wanted to spend, if you wanted to get what you paid for, go for it so we did. They measured and we picked out a pattern. And they put up their product with our choice of cloth on the awning. I've had this thing for years and I've never had to do anything to it accordingly. They gave me a pole to work it manually if I lost power or the remote didn't work, and I've never had to use that. We've been through every season, every winter, every storm, and the awning has been amazing.

Every time I open and pop it up and put it down or pull it back up, I'm saying, “I can't believe this thing is still working." And now it's working like the day they put it in. There's only one disadvantage to it. It was mounted to this side of the house over the stairs and it didn't have a shield over the mounting plate between the mounting plate in the awning so that when it rains, the rain would not go through the awning. But it would actually go through the space between the awning and the mounting. So I had to have somebody help me put up a board up there which works perfectly. So now, no weather comes to this thing at all. It's just a design issue. It's certainly not a flaw in what I bought. If I had to do it all over again, I would say design-wise, it should have a shield over it. But the awning is perfect. My wife and I are very pleased with that awning. And although it was expensive, we’ve got the quality we paid for. It was all good.

Rollup Awnings Company Information