4.94/5

Servicing New York City & Long Island

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Since 1979, Rollup Awning has provided quality products and awning services in the Long Island area. Rollup Awning retractable deck awnings are designed to operate by remote control, timer, or wind sensing operation. Our top quality deck awnings are available in different patterns and colors to transform your patio and deck.

Rollup Awnings provides a number of services that include: motor replacement, moving awnings, fabric repair and recovering. We will deliver and professionally install your awning so your family can stay covered from the sun or rain. Rollup Awning also offers shutters and storm panels for your home. Call today to learn more!

View More View More

Rollup Awnings Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: April 25, 2019

I haven’t been able to sit on my deck for the last five years since all the trees at my neighbor’s backyard went down. I looked at SunSetter and looking at the awning, Rollup Awnings had much heavier duty brackets and a heavier duty frame to it. Plus, it’s local so we decided to go with Rollup Awnings. We spent a good amount more money but it was a better product. The salesperson who came to the house was the owner’s son or one of the owners and he was convincing. I wasn’t happy with the price and I was trying to get him to knock a little money off, but he said he couldn’t. However, it was advertised that they would take $500 off in install.

I didn’t buy the motorized and they sent the wrong crank. They sent the short one instead of a long one and they wrote that on the receipt. I went back to the showroom in Bohemia and they didn’t have any stock. So, I’m waiting for that. I told the rep at that time that it wasn’t right because they were taking $500 off the price. She said that someone would call me and I’m waiting for that phone call also. The product is great and the guys who installed it were experts at what they were doing. The crew chief said they would be out of there in two hours and they were. Everyone had a job and they worked together like a well-oiled machine. I have no complaints about that but I need my crank and I’d like $500 back.

Get expert buying tips about Awnings delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

Our deck is situated in such away that we are facing east in the morning, so we don't get shade on the deck until 2 or 3 in the afternoon. If we wanted to have a Sunday barbecue with friends over, we would still be in the sun at 3 in the afternoon, and it's hot. So we went to Rollup Awnings and the gentleman there was very, very good. He was very helpful. We went in a time where there was some kind of promotion going on. We were gonna shop around a bit, and he told us to go ahead, but he guaranteed that we will be back. We went to one or two other places, and what he had offered us was the best deal, and it seemed to be the best product for what we wanted, so we came back.

We picked out whatever we wanted, like color scheme, and everything went very, very smoothly. We're very satisfied with the product, and the person that we dealt with. He didn’t push anything on us. He explained to us. He pointed out, and he let us make our choice. He was a top-of-the-line salesman. He was confident enough in his product that he didn’t find us shopping around, and he knew we would be back. And he was right.

Rollup had a wide variety of merchandise that you could choose from. The sales guy helped us determine the size that we would need based upon the dimensions that we had given him. Then they came back down and measured before the order went through completely to make sure that we had given them correct dimensions. They explained about the remote control and how it works. When they did the installation, they demonstrated pros and cons compared to other company products. It was a very nice experience. The awning cools off the house a little bit in the morning when the sun comes up in the east facing our dining area.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

We had a little deck that we wanted to use but the sun would hit it. It would be too hot and nobody could really stay out there. So, we decided to get an awning. I Googled and Rollup Awnings came up. There was another company that we went to but when we compared the quality of the product that they showed us on display to what Rollup Awnings showed us, we could tell that the quality was a little bit better with Rollup Awnings, so we went with them.

Their service was very good and they explained the product to us. Picking which awning to buy was also pretty easy. We went to the store and explained to the guy what we needed and what we were trying to do. Then he showed us our options. The hardest thing was picking out the color and my wife did that. She picked a light green color and we didn't put any other customization. Rollup Awning's reps also kept in contact about what was going on with our order and when it was gonna come in. Then during the installation, the guys who came in installed it quickly. It seemed like it was easy, too. They did a nice job and they cleaned up after themselves.

Before we got the awning, it would get very hot over there in our deck from about 12:00 to 5:00 o’clock in the afternoon. We had to wait for it to cool off until about 6:30 before we go out there because it would be too hot. Then by the time we go out there, we only have two hours of daylight. But now, we can enjoy the deck a little more often or just go sit outside. Rollup Awnings is a very excellent company and you would wanna give them a shot.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

We have a lot of sun so we needed an awning and we had been talking about it for a few years. The promotion and the time were right so we contacted Rollup Awnings. It was a little difficult to get through to them initially on the phone. But the salesperson I talked to was helpful. She arranged for a person to come out and he was good. He had a book with him showing the different awning styles. We went over the numbers and he did the measurements. We had also already done a bit of research on the mechanism of the retractable awning so we knew a bit about that. Afterwards, they did an excellent job of installing the awning and the mechanism of it is fantastic. It's really well-done and well-designed.

But people have to understand where the awning is going and how much sun it's gonna block, and be comfortable with that. We're definitely western-facing and later in the day, the sun is lower. The awning doesn't block as much sun as I thought it would. From 12 to 3, it's fine but a little later in the day, the sun is too low. We're not using our awning 99% of the time so I gotta wonder if it's worth the investment. It was a lot of money so I didn't want a permanent one. But maybe I would have made a different choice. Really, it comes down to me and how much I use it. But other than that, the Rollup awning is great. It works fine and it looks like a quality product.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

I was looking for awnings and had first seen the SunSetter, but when I was looking up places to go and look at awnings, I found Rollup Awnings. I was talking to my son and his wife about it and her parents used Rollup, so, since they had a good experience and I saw good experiences on Facebook, we went with them. I knew what I wanted and we went into the showroom. The people at Rollup Awnings were very helpful. They explained the different options and I told them what I was looking for, and it was an easy process. However, it took a little while to get it going. I thought we would have the awning in a few weeks, but there was a problem, which was not a big deal because we got the awning. It just took a little longer than expected.

The installers did not make a mess during installation. I went to the tracks for my walk and by the time I came back, the awning was up and they had shown my husband how to work it. It was great. Then, the electrician that they had told us about came the very next morning and he hooked up the power. We’ve had no problem with it and I love it. It’s like a whole room back there and it’s wonderful. It has good quality. My daughter-in-law’s parents have had it over 10 years and they don’t have a problem with it at all. It still goes in and out like it’s supposed to. I would definitely recommend Rollup Awnings. In fact, I had told my daughter about it and if and when she is ready, she would go there.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rollup Awnings?

Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

I want an awning for my deck to keep shade in the summer. I had three other awning companies come give me an estimate but I like that Rollup Awnings does their own stuff and they have their own factory. The people at Rollup were fine.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

We've been wanting an awning for a couple of years, and we finally had the money to do it. We've gotten an estimate from somebody else, but it was much more expensive than Rollup Awnings. Everything went great with Rollup. They're a very good company. We're very happy with them. We got delayed in getting our awning because of the rain, so it had to be rescheduled once, but it was relatively quick. It was within the month. Their product is very, very strong and very good. So, I would consider them over a lot of people. And for the price, it's one of the strongest awnings out there.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

We needed some shade in the backyard and Rollup Awnings was about 10 minutes from my house. So we got an awning from them. The sales guy was excellent. He went through all the info and the options. He showed us everything. So, he was very thorough. The installation wen very well. The guys knew definitely what they were doing. The only thing we needed to do was figure out the size of the awning. I’d recommend them.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

Rollup Awnings has a good product. It's very easy to use. We had a standup awning, and it was falling apart. We got a new one and the installation took a few hours.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2019

I have a deck at the back of the house and I got an awning from Rollup for shade. The salesman was very helpful and very knowledgeable. I was very happy with their product versus the products from a couple other companies. Then they had to come for a site survey because I have solar up on my roof. So, it was questionable whether or not the brackets were gonna fit. I had to move a couple of bracket from my solar in order to make the brackets fit. But overall, I’m very happy with the awning.

Rollup Awnings expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Rollup Awnings has been in business for over 30 years and has showrooms that customers can visit to see their products firsthand. They offer awning delivery and installation throughout Long Island.

• Customer service: Because Rollup is such a small business, they offer superior customer service to all of their clients.

• Warranties: Rollup offers excellent warranties to clients that cover damages and defect.

• Fabric variety: From solids to stripes, Rollup offers over 50 unique fabric options to the consumer.

• Service: Rollup is located on Long Island and offers service to customers, specifically residential ones, within the area. Services provided: Recovering, Moving, Awnings, Fabric Repair, Awning Repair, Motor Replacement, and Motor Conversions.

• Cost: Services can be expensive compared to other awning providers.

• Best for: Homeowners