4.75/5
  • 1 star
Based on 72 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Looking for an awning company?
We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Since 1979, Rollup Awning has provided quality products and awning services in the Long Island area. Rollup Awning retractable deck awnings are designed to operate by remote control, timer, or wind sensing operation. Our top quality deck awnings are available in different patterns and colors to transform your patio and deck.

Rollup Awnings provides a number of services that include: motor replacement, moving awnings, fabric repair and recovering. We will deliver and professionally install your awning so your family can stay covered from the sun or rain. Rollup Awning also offers shutters and storm panels for your home. Call today to learn more!

Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 26, 2017

321 Rollup Awnings Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

We used to have a table in the back with an umbrella on it. When the grandkids came over, the deck was burning their feet, so we decided to go with the awning. Rollup Awnings was the only one I saw at the time. They came over and gave us an estimate. We're a little disappointed in the mounting but it was not their fault. We've had this awning for 10 years now and we also have the remote for the roll up and roll down. We had a water issue one time, where it leaked behind. So, the awning had to be taken down and put it back up again. I'd recommend Rollup Awnings to others. The experience with them was fine and we're very satisfied with their product.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

We have a new deck at the backyard and the sun is beating right down on it, so we got a new awning. Rollup Awnings was the best one around. They were nice and understanding. They took their time, sat down with me, and explained everything. They didn't apply any pressure. They have the most updated equipment so we bought a good unit. It was almost $5000. The only competition was SunSetter, but we decided to go with the way we went and we're not sorry for it yet. The deck is 16 feet wide and the awning covers it from side to side. It was a good move. The awning is really nice. It's on a remote. It's also easy to store in the winter. You don't have to take it off and put it in the garage anywhere.

We had it opened one day and it was windy. I called them up and told them it looked like it needed an adjustment from the wind. They came over and told me, "When you first install it, you have to wait two weeks for it to settle." I told them nobody ever told me that and that it shouldn't be like that. It's either it's good to go or there's a problem. They understood and they repaired it.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

Rollup Awnings put the awning in our home over 20 years ago. I went with them because they're here in Holbrook. They’re very nice people, too. Everything was fine and it lasted for about 12 years. This new purchase is my second one. I'm calling them again because it's time to shut this thing down so it's nice and tight for the winter. I also need an adjustment. Overall, my experience with Rollup Awnings was very good and I would recommend them.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I asked for some information on a couple of different companies by mail, but I liked the quality of the construction of Rollup Awning so I had them install a brand new awning. I had a neighbor who had a different brand of awning put up. It looked very nice, but when I went to look at it, it seemed it seemed a little bit flimsy. So I went to the Rollup Awning Showroom and looked up there. Though it's a lot more money, the gauge of the metal and the gauge of the fabric seemed to be a lot more substantial.

The sales part of it was good, but not great. I had one meeting with the sales person at their office then he came to the house. Those meetings were good, but I have never heard from the guy again in terms of follow up from the installation. I expected some kind of a follow up from them as to how it went. Other than that, I've been satisfied. They're a very professional company. They have a good process and provided a fair service after the sale.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

I'm very pleased with the quality of their product. I had to replace it last year, but I had it for about eight years. Everything went well with Rollup Awnings. They're all very nice and helpful. They're excellent.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rollup Awnings?

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

We've had our first awning for about 10 years, but I wasn't happy because the seams started to rip open. The summers are so short here. I don't use it everyday and I don't put it out when it's raining. It's closed off when it's snowing. I don't get usage like I would if I lived in California or Florid, so I was a little upset that the seams had split open. I just had a new canvass put on this year by Rollup Awnings, and we're happy. They have a good product and I would recommend them. I just hope the seams don't split open soon.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

There was an ad in the paper for awnings and I’ve been considering it for a long time. I needed an awning and I liked the idea with the motorized awning so I got Rollup Awnings. I had one in my last house and I used them again. When it’s very sunny out in the morning and I’m in the kitchen in the last house, I opened it up just enough so it made it shady in the house.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

The salesman was excellent. He explained everything very briefly and answered all the questions that needed to be answered. It was the major factor why we decided to go with Rollup Awnings. Our new awning looks like there's too much space between the unit and the roof and it's probably too high, but it looks pretty sturdy and solid and better quality than the other.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

I went directly to Rollup Awnings because of their years in business. I did a little comparison and their price was better. Their service was also better. They responded quickly. Once the order was placed, they were able to deliver on time. I've had three awnings from them because I've been with them for about 20 years. They last between 7 to 10 years and the quality is excellent. We call them out for repairs and maintenance and they send someone over within days. They make suggestions, too. I recommended Rollup Awnings to some of my other neighbors.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

I've always wanted an awning but I didn’t think I could have it because of the pitch of the roof and we have a hi-ranch. But we went over to a friend’s house and he had a different house, a ranch, and the way they mounted the awning on the roof made me think that we might be able to do that. My friend told me where he bought it, I went over there and talked to the salesman. The next day, my husband and I went back and the rep demonstrated to us what he had and what materials they used, and we were sold.

The purchasing process was easy and the people were very nice. They explained what they were going to do, they came and measured, and off we went. They did well in addressing the slope of the roof issue. They had these plastics that they put on your roof which makes it higher and it gives it a pitch, not 100% of what you have if it was a regular house. But they did a good job because we have a deck that’s upstairs and we put it on there.

We bought the Rollup Awnings in September at the end of season sale when you always get a little break with what materials they have leftover, and I was extremely happy. We didn’t use the awning all that often because it was late in the season, but we loved it. Next summer, it’ll be a lot more comfortable when the sun comes up and you tend not to want to sit in the sun. The awning will give us a lot more time and we’ll be able to enjoy the deck. It was a great experience with Rollup Awnings and I was completely satisfied from beginning to end.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

My friend used Rollup Awnings and we also had a good experience with them. We had a new deck done and we needed something over it. We got the motor and a crank. Their quality is better than the others as well. They came and finished when they’re supposed to. They lived up to whatever they said. They did a nice job.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

I wanted to enjoy my backyard and my garden more so I got the awning installed. I opted for Rollup Awnings since they were a local business. I called them and someone came out within a day or two. We talked about different options. I placed my order, and they were out. It was a pretty simple purchasing process. They came back two weeks later and put it up. The installation team was on time and they showed us how to use the awning. They cleaned up after themselves and it was like they were never there. The experience was painless. The awning is a really beautiful product. They showed me the motor and how well-made it was and I’m very happy with it. I can be in my garden more because it's not as hot with the awning there, and even if there’s light rain, I can still go out there with a few friends and have a glass of wine or a cup of coffee with them. It's a nice extension of my home. I would definitely recommend Rollup Awnings.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

I've had Rollup Awnings before at my old house and they are the people I knew I was going to use when I moved into my new home. I called and ordered awnings for the top of my deck to shade from the sun. They sent somebody here for measurements and to pick out the type of material and pattern that I wanted. Within 10 days it was done. I got the motorized roll ups that can withstand a certain amount of wind. The representatives and the installation team that came out were great. They were knowledgeable, friendly, neat and clean.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

My wife and I had been looking for something for the back deck. We put up a little umbrella in the stand to stop the sun from shining into the kitchen, and it didn't work, so we decided that we needed a roll up awning and looked into it. We got a Rollup Awnings ad, looked into the company and their product looked better and stronger than the other brands I also looked at and I live down in the water. Rollup had the best value for the money around and John, the rep, was very knowledgeable. He showed us samples and we went to the routine.

We took advantage of some rebates available at the time and got a basic awning, but we got the electric opening rather than the manual one and it's been holding up since we got it. The installers were very quick. I knew what they were doing, and they did a magnificent job of cleaning up. I'm very happy with how great my experience turned out and with the inflation and the sales process. The awning is now shielding the kitchen from the glare and heat of the sun and I'm very happy.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

I knew about Rollup Awnings from friends of ours. The convenience of how the awning was made and how it hit everything were the reasons I chose them. Plus, it looked a lot nicer than some of the other places we went to and the price was right. I had an old awning that was serviced, but it needed to be replaced. It wasn't going out anymore, so I got a couple of estimates. I liked what Rollup had to offer and I purchased it from them. Rollup did a great job and it's motorized now.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

I had a good experience with Rollup Awnings. The rep was knowledgeable and the installation team was very efficient. It was done in no time and done very well. It's delivered late but it was because of the weather. I'm satisfied with the product and I've been able to enjoy it.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

I renovated a home and I went to the store. I saw the awning that I liked, and I bought it. They had plenty of choices available and the Rollup Awnings reps were very professional.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

Rollup Awnings had positive online reviews and their in-house sales experience was a lot more thorough and described the differences between themselves and their competitors. Buying an awning was always on the list of things that we wanted to have. We had the budget and that’s why we moved forward with it this particular year over any other year. It's a purchase of a new awning so, I did my online research. I scheduled a few appointments with various vendors. When I decided that Rollup was the one that I wanted to go with, I called them back up.

I signed the contract in person and If I wanted to lock in the price, I had three days to cancel. I called them back with my fabric selection and they called me up for scheduling. They arrived on the day that it was scheduled for and installed everything. Their people were all very good. Our backyard is southward facing, so it’s provided a lot of shade. I’ve used it for being able to be back there in the afternoon without having to be exposed directly to the sun.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

We had a new patio and we were dealing with all kinds of different umbrellas and just wanted to do something that would stay stationary. Rollup was the first awnings company I went to and it looked like the right product so no reason to look further. We purchased a new awning from them and chose the fabric. It also has a remote. Their people were great all around: friendly, courteous and helpful. All good and not a complaint at all. I would recommend them to anybody and I’m thinking about getting a second awning on my house. We love it.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

We wanted to reduce some heat in the backyard by having more shade. Rollup Awnings seemed reasonable and their awnings felt like they will do a good job so we chose them. Their salesman came over and showed us different fabrics. Since we already knew what we wanted, customizing the length, the color of the awning, and other little things like the front wasn’t difficult. Then they came to install it. Overall, I really had a good experience. From the time of the first meeting to deciding we’re doing it, the process was really quick. It also pays to have some options too, like endless amounts of colors to choose from. Purchasing the awning was an expensive endeavor and we hope it really last a long time.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

My daughter and my son bought awnings from Rollup Awnings and they told me about them. I stalled it for a few years and when I finally had money to spend, I decided to purchase an awning. Everything was customized. My wife was home when they installed it and she was happy. I’m very happy as well and I’m satisfied with Rollup Awnings.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

We went to Rollup Awnings to see what they had available and then how much it would cost. We didn't have the money at that time because it was $8,000 to do what we wanted to do. But we liked the way they spoke, and they looked professional. When we were ready to do the work and we went back six months ago, the price was a thousand dollars less and we decided to do it. The salesman was reputable, he explained everything to us and he told us everything that we should expect from them. We were happy with what he was saying and we hope that what he said is what's going to happen. Rollup Awnings was professional and I'm happy with the product.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

My wife wanted an awning and I was looking at Consumer Affairs of the companies that were installing on the island. Rollup Awnings came up with the highest rating. I called to find out more about it when they had their big sale on, and the guy asked me to come in that day. I said, “I couldn’t.” It was a Sunday. They had someone here the next day and that was it. This is the first one that we could use in the situation we wanted because all other awnings seemed to want to be placed on the roof itself because of the low roofline. The salesman was very good too. He called a number of times to make sure that the awning could be installed the way we wanted.

When they came, they were extremely polite and efficient. It was done very well. For this location, the technology on this one seems to be appropriate. Not just the installation, but the mechanics of the awning seems to be working quite well at this point. We’re enjoying the awning very much and since it was installed, we’ve used it almost every day and it seems to be suiting our purpose. We were happy with the service to date and we are pleased with the use of it now and hope that it continues in the same way. I’d recommend them to a friend.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2017

There was an ad in Newsday and I had been thinking about awnings. I had called another company for a sunroom and they had awnings, but he was pressuring me about a sunroom and it was just too expensive. Then I decided I’d better research other companies. I looked online and Rollup Awnings had the most positive things. I have a small ranch. The sun comes in from 1:00 until 5:00 and I have French doors. My house, even though I have central air conditioning and it’s set low, gets very warm. I decided rather than a sunroom, I’d better go with an awning and it does cool the house.

I called them for a new Rollup Awning and I got a very nice lady. She said somebody would be calling me and a gentleman called me. They set up an appointment and they came. There was a coupon in the paper and they do a big advertisement. I asked them after I was interested and then he said, “Oh, that’s included in the price.” He gave me a price and you couldn’t negotiate. It was a lot more expensive than what I had experienced with the other company, but it had features that I liked better.

It was a standard awning and he advised me on what size to get. They sent two workers who were very neat and quite professional. I only use it when I’m here. I know it’s guaranteed with 40 miles an hour winds but I’m not quite sure if I want to go that route. I’m very pleased with the company. I haven’t had any problems and if you do have problems and you call them, they get back to you. I would recommend them to a friend.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

I first heard about Rollup Awnings from a newspaper ad and they were the only ones that I really knew about. We had needed an awning for a while so we had a brand-new one installed. I called them up and then a salesperson came out, and we went over all the options. The process was pretty simple and the customer service, in general, was just medium. They were not flexible at all on installations and they didn’t give much of a window of when they were going to come. It was either that or nothing, so they were not accommodating. The install guys that came made a mess on my deck instead of doing what they had to do and they were cutting things off the deck on there. They left a lot of debris on the deck and I had to clean up after them.

The overall quality of the new awning is very nice but it was very expensive. The stuff that they advertised in the paper, in terms of sales and discounts, was not available or they didn’t offer it. When they came, the guy said, “Well, that’s really for an inferior product, you really wouldn’t want that.” I felt it was a bit of a bait and switch, but I was already into the process and I just went ahead with it. Overall, there was nothing special about Rollup Awnings. The product wasn’t terrible but it wasn’t great either.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

I’ve been wanting to purchase an awning for a year or two. I finally had the finances to do it and put our back area in a place that I wanted it to be. I liked that Rollup Awnings has been in business since the 70s. The salesman was great. He had a lot of information on how their products were made. A lot of it was made in America which made me extremely happy. The quality of the products was big for me. On top of that, the warranty that it came with was definitely a no-brainer. Another thing was the fact that if I needed to move the awning from my house that I’m in now to another house, they were able to do that. Those were a lot of the things that I liked about Rollup Awnings.

When I called their office, they sent a gentleman out to do an estimate and he was very thorough. He gave all the information. We sat down and went over all the different options, and we signed the contract right then and there. Within that time, I gave them the “okay”, and they were there within a couple of weeks. My new awning provided a great area to sit outside of the shade, even at night. It enhances the lighting in my backyard now because it’s covered. We’re able to bring out a projector out there and watch TV, so it’s pretty good. I had a phenomenal experience with Rollup Awnings.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

I love Rollup Awnings. We visited their showrooms, picked the color and everything went smooth. I was very happy we bought it when it was on sale so, we saved a thousand dollars. It has a 10-year warranty on the motor, too. The installation crew was very professional. We have an existing roll-up awning and I was wondering how they're going to put it back up on there and not have a problem with the siding. At first, I didn't know if they were doing it right, but then when they started putting it all together, they did a great job. They fit it well into our existing space and sealed it up. They also made sure everything went well and I was very happy with the installation. On the other hand, if it's raining, we can't sit on there and leave it open under the rainstorm. Also, if you punched it off, it rolls-up but it doesn't roll-off. Other than that, we're very happy as long as everything keeps going for a long time.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2017

There was too much sun on my deck and so I decided to get a awning. I got mine from Rollup Awnings and I had a very good experience with their team. I got the electric rollup and I have a remote control. I'm very happy with it. We mostly sit in the back when it’s nice out and it provides shade.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

I live in a complex with a homeowner’s association and Rollup Awnings is the company they use for installation. Also, my backyard faces the sun all day long so I bought an awning. I use it every day that the sun comes up. It has a remote control and since the installation, the awning's been great. The team was very nice and it was a short and sweet interaction I had with the installers. The whole experience from the first phone call to the installation was very smooth. I understood everything that was going on. I'm very satisfied.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2017

My old awning was broken so I called Rollup Awnings for service. Their team was very professional. Everything was very good about this company and I would definitely recommend them.

Rollup Awnings Company Information