Rollup Awnings

Servicing New York City & Long Island

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

We had three awning groups come in but the description and the type of awning that Rollup Awnings had was self-contained. There was a whole lot of features and it really cost more. The longevity of it and the way it was made just blew the other ones away. Their owner came by and was very knowledgeable. The awning looks great and it's fabulous because it's remote control. We open it up and it covers the entire patio so we're going to put a second one in.

Rollup Awnings has been around and is a good solid family company. I got an electric awning and everything's fantastic. Though there was an issue with it, they came out and replaced the whole material for free. The owner came out and analyze the situation and expedited to get it done for the July 4th holiday which was unbelievable for the turnaround time. Working with the people at Rollup have been very good, all around. They contact you prior and keep you informed. It's a good product and I'm very happy with my experience with them.

My husband likes to be out on his deck quite often where it's very sunny. He felt an awning would give him more pleasure to be outside during a sunny time so we decided to get an awning from Rollup Awnings. My husband is handicapped and we're both aged in our 80's so we wanted something easy to take care of. We love the fabric, we picked the color, we love it. We didn't realize but we actually picked the color that matches our chairs. We were very happy with it. Also, everybody at Rollup Awnings was fine. We had the electrician come out and do the work, and we're satisfied with everything.

One of our family members used Rollup Awnings, so we also got our awning from them. It was a stock order and there wasn’t much customization, but we liked the fabric possibilities. We initially interacted with the rep at the office and then once again when he came to the house, and both cases went very well. He was very knowledgeable. We have used our awning in outdoor activities, and it has worked well. The whole experience was outstanding in every way.

Rollup Awnings installed our original awning. We got a new roof and so we purchased a new one from them. Everybody in their team was great. They did everything they said they were going to do and it's been working perfectly ever since. We’re fully enclosed so the awning stays out of the elements with that fringe on the end. It's better than the one that's exposed or rolled up as it could fade. The awning is outdoor on the back deck providing shade that keeps the house cooler. We open up halfway during the day just to keep the sun off of the kitchen. It works well. We haven't had any leaks yet and there's a 10-year guarantee which is also important.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rollup Awnings?

Nothing but satisfaction and great things to say. I cannot come up with one complaint. The people who installed the awning were kind, friendly and knowledgeable, answered any question we had. The ones who installed the awning were a father and his two sons. They were very kind and friendly people. They don't overcharge. In fact I believe it was the lowest price out there. The awning looks beautiful, works great and we have gotten so many compliments on it already. My family and I are very satisfied with the awning and the customer care and service that was provided. Will be recommending Rollup Awnings to anyone who is interested.

The umbrella wasn’t doing the job in our backyard, so we decided to purchase an awning. We went to Rollup Awnings and liked what they had. However, I had to wait for three weeks for the team at Rollup Awnings to come and fix it when it needed to be repaired. We use our awning when we have parties. We’re happy we got it as we get good use out of it.

The rollup awning in the house we bought was getting old. We looked up Rollup out in Holbrook and took a ride out there. We had our original papers from the ex-homeowner and Rollup Awnings came to the house and removed the awning. They serviced it and reinstalled it. We had a little discrepancy with the switch and they gave me a switch for it. We had a little problem with the leveling, they came back and leveled it. The team was professional. I had no problem. It's a great product and there's no doubt about it. It's a little pricey but my awning was 20 years old and it worked as good as they were installed. Now I got new skin on it and it's like brand new awning.

A relative of ours had her house broken into and since we were about to go on vacation, we thought that Rollup Awnings was a good idea. We now have the awning in the kitchen going into the deck of the backyard. When we had a problem two months ago, our interactions with their team have been very good. They came when they said they would and were able to fix the broken latch. But I was told our awning's latch lasted a long time. It wasn't supposed to last as long as ours did so we got a lot of use out of it. We are very pleased with Rollup Awnings and I definitely would recommend them to anybody.

We purchased a Rollup awning late August and had it installed right before labor day weekend. From the start everything was great. The salesman was helpful and explained everything to my husband and I in detail. (They even have things for the kids to play with while you shop.) The salesman put a kids show on a computer my toddler to watch too. The team who came to do the installation were prompt. They explained how to use the awning and the care involved to keep our awning like new. Since the installation we couldn't be happier. We use the awning all the time. Our neighbors and friends have also complemented us on it.

Thank you for extending our time outside.

We had Rollup Awnings come in our home and present to us. We liked the product and we bought it. The reps who came were knowledgeable and answered all questions. They gave us all the information about the product and how well it's manufactured, and all other good stuff. We went with the automatic open and close, and we picked a nice fabric that was available. The installation went very smoothly and the awning is exactly what we wanted. It takes the temperature in the kitchen area down tremendously, and we now don't have an issue with our composite deck getting extremely hot.

We had a deck and decided that it was hot out there in the summer. I did some research on Rollup Awnings and they seemed to have the best product. I got the one with the motor where I don't have to crank it. Their reps were fine and everything was good.

We were originally going to buy a SunSetter because it was the brand we knew of. Then the PennySaver or one of the local insert papers came and Rollup Awnings' ad was in there. We went into the store and the gentleman who sold us the unit was why we chose it because we really believed that the quality of the product was so much better than the other products in the marketplace. He was very helpful and he really made the decision a lot easier for us. We've only had it for a short period of time but we're very happy with it. We've used it for family parties, functions and dinners. It's getting us to eat outside more. It's been great. The quality looks exceptional and it's pretty. I was concerned that SunSetter would look old because it's old school and kind of like grandma's house, but it's not.

The awning that I used to have broke down. I walked in at Rollup Awnings and the salesman was very excellent. He gave me suggestions on what I should get - which one is good and which one is best. I took what he offered which was the one that rolls into a pipe. I had the material customized so he came to our house and my wife picked out the material which is excellent so far. Everything has been fine. I use the awning all the time.

I had a deck before that was destroyed and razed after Sandy. My new one is up higher and it’s a much larger deck, and the sun hits the side of the house so I figured I needed an awning. We looked around where I live and we found out that Rollup was used in quite a few homes in the area. When we went there, the manager was very helpful and we liked the way he explained everything. The people who installed it were also very nice. Everybody knew what they were doing. They came when they said they were going to come so I was very satisfied with everything.

We have the electric awning from Rollup that opens and closes. We were able to get a discount for the fabric because there were some available that customers had ordered and they were either too small or too big. So we were able to take advantage of something that we found in that category. We used it over the Labor Day weekend. I had company and it was very sunny out, so I was very happy I had the awning.

I like Rollup Awnings. They have the one that's concealed and rolls into itself. They give me a fabric choice and I got a book to pick from. I have my choices of what kind of rollup I want and I can go for a cheaper one. I chose to go for a decent and the most expensive one because I don't like replacing it every couple of years. I like the material and I use the awning almost every day. It was all a very good experience working with them, so I'm very happy with it. My friends already use them and everybody seems to be happy.

My wife and I thought having an awning would be a good thing for our backyard. We chose Rollup Awnings since the product is made here. We picked out the colors and chose an awning that works with a remote control. The whole thing tucks away in the winter time, so we don’t have anything exposed. We’re a little disappointed with the people who did the site check and also the installation group. They told us that they were going to set an appointment up in the morning and then they called the night before and told us it was going to be in the afternoon. They ended up showing up in the morning. My wife and I both work so we had to schedule around that and it was a little difficult. Luckily, my wife was able to get back over for the install.

They did a site check and never really checked the surface of the bricks. When the installer came, he told us that the bricks were loose and that it may not hold the awning. Then the installer put the motor on the wrong side of the awning, which we didn’t change, and we paid the electrician an extra $400 to run a line behind the awning down to the electric. This would be a big issue for us if we ever choose a company again. Otherwise, everything was good and the awning works great. The only time we use it is if it’s sunny out and we want to stay back down and have food.

I don't have any shade on my back deck and it's too sunny so I got an awning from Rollup. Other awning companies, like SunSetters for instance, farm out to different retail stores that have representatives there and I didn't like that because there was a disconnect - a middleman - and that's basically why I chose to go with Rollup Awnings. Their team is very professional, and I also got to choose the fabric. They have an electrician, staff, salesman, and installers, so it's not like you have to contact different people to get a job done. Everything is done on Rollup's premises, their own factory and that's a better way to do business. They're very hands-on and it clearly is a more professional operation. Rollup is excellent.

It's summer and I already need an awning. And when a friend showed me Rollup Awnings, I loved it and I got the one that works with the remote. I use it everyday then bring it in at night. The Rollup team did a very good job and I'd recommend them to a friend. My experience has been wonderful. It's worked perfect.

We had a sun room which was filled with sun, but we want some shade and reduce the heat. We researched thoroughly and checked out three custom awnings companies. We were impressed with Rollup Awnings and ordered that same day. We had them come and measure the whole width of the opening. We purchased the top of the line motor and also the pull-up end piece for the winter. Once the awning is out, the sun does not come in through the sun room anymore. We're happy we saw what we wanted at Rollup. The team in the showroom and the installers were also great and very professional.

Rollup Awnings is a 5 star company as far as quality and service goes. They installed my awning 2 yrs ago & I couldn't be happier. Went back to them with a problem with a relative's awning installed 6 years ago & their customer service was outstanding! Run don't walk to Rollup Awnings. You won't be disappointed.

Factual basis uncertain

I heard about Rollup Awnings through my condominium association. The product and installers were alright, but the small awning was overpriced and the electrician did a terrible job. The company gave me the service and told me to get the electrician, who drilled a lot of holes into the siding. He replaced it but I was not happy with the way he did it. When I called and explained to the company this situation they blew me off. I was talking to the wall and nothing got solved. I said, “That’s fine. You don’t have to worry about it" because when people come around my neighborhood, I will not recommend them. I'll say to them, “If you want them, you’ll have headaches." I will share my experience to people and let them judge for themselves.

When we went to see Rollup Awning's factory, we saw outstanding products and salesman. I'm very happy with the products. Rollup Awnings was terrific, on-time and professional. I would refer them to anybody.

Had a motorized retractable awning installed about a month ago. Everything went great from the minute we stepped into the showroom, and spoke with salesman, Arthur, to installation, to electrical hook up. We love our awning so much! When we moved into the house, there was a small, manual crank awning over the kitchen window, which we later found out was from Rollup Awnings 15 years ago! It is still in great shape! We are extremely satisfied with our awning, and would highly recommend this company.

I called Rollup Awnings and they came right away. Everything worked out exactly like they said. They had a big selection and they even showed all the different materials. We live in a gated community and they provided me with all information to apply and get approved for it. It went perfectly and what we got was customized. We use it everyday because we're in a place high up and off a pond and where the sun is tremendously strong. We have French doors so when the light comes in, it blinds us. We have to open the awning everyday around 3:00 o'clock and don't close it until at night about 7:00 or 8:00. Rollup Awnings were outrageously good. There was no hitch and it's great compared to the work and the issues I've been having with other contractors. I'm thankful I used them. They're a wonderful company.

My father-in-law moved into a new home and thought that Rollup Awnings would be a nice addition to it. He was very happy. They sent a couple of people over that spoke Spanish so he was thrilled that he was able to communicate well with them and let them know exactly what he wanted. They were very professional and nice. They came when they said they would and did what they said they would do. They showed him how to work everything. He loves the awning and he uses it every day.

Sales person was very professional and helpful. Installation was quick and professional. Just by looking at the product you can tell it's durable. I've seen other awnings and there is no comparison. I would highly recommend Rollup Awnings to everyone.

I was looking for an awning. I checked a couple of different people and I liked the design of Rollup Awnings on their product. Also, my in-laws actually had them about 16 years ago. They are a great company to deal with and everything that the reps said they were gonna do, they did.

I got the almost high-end automated Rollup Awning. It cleans itself and it’s a good awning. The gentleman who came originally was very nice. He gave me a good rundown of the products and showed me a lot of samples. We went outside together and he showed me where I should put it and how far out it should go. He was really good and very knowledgeable. The guys who came to deliver and install didn’t leave any mess. Everything was done quickly. It was a great investment.

Rollup Awnings is a local company which is convenient. Dealing with their representatives from the sales to installation was excellent. They gave an estimate and I got to select the fabric and the color.

Rollup Awnings Company Profile