It's that easy Request Information
4.79/5

Servicing New York City & Long Island

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Since 1979, Rollup Awning has provided quality products and awning services in the Long Island area. Rollup Awning retractable deck awnings are designed to operate by remote control, timer, or wind sensing operation. Our top quality deck awnings are available in different patterns and colors to transform your patio and deck.

Rollup Awnings provides a number of services that include: motor replacement, moving awnings, fabric repair and recovering. We will deliver and professionally install your awning so your family can stay covered from the sun or rain. Rollup Awning also offers shutters and storm panels for your home. Call today to learn more!

View More View More

409 Rollup Awnings Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

My daughter bought from Rollup Awnings and she got mine. She was very happy. The awning has a good price and good quality. The installation team were also nice, very efficient and very quick. They told us the delivery time and everything went smooth. We enjoy the awning because it’s very beautiful. It really made the porch look very elegant.

Get expert buying tips about Awnings delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

I've been wanting to purchase an awning for the backyard and Rollup Awnings had the best product. I went to their showroom, I picked out the colors and the sizes, and then they came in one morning and installed it in about a couple of hours. It's a standard electric-powered awning that has a remote control and provides good shade in the back. Overall, Rollup Awning is very good and I'll tell others to get one.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

I’m using the deck more, so it earns it like 10 to 2. My dad had a Rollup Awnings installed 15 years ago and I liked the quality of his awning and his experience with it. Getting the awning was fine, professional, accurate on timing and cleaning. I use the awning to sit and relax outdoors.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

My patio was redone and I got patio furniture. I bought an awning so I could sit outside on my patio. I went to Rollup's showroom and I picked out what I wanted. Their rep came out and measured. I also went down to the showroom to see the fabrics. Their fabrics are nice. I picked what I wanted, and when it was ready, the installers came out and did what they had to do. Communicating with their reps went perfectly. However, when their rep came to give me an estimate and measurements, he didn’t realize I had security cameras at my house so when the installers came to install, they told me they had to remove some of the cameras. I didn’t know anything about that and nobody told me that. They called the owner and told me not to worry. He would have his guys go here and remove them, and have somebody replace them for me at their cost. That was exactly what they did. Rollup worked with me.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

We have a backyard that's really sunny, so on the deck that we have, we wanted to put an awning over it. A Sunsetter Awnings rep came and he showed us the fabrics. We picked an automated model with blue, white and red stripes. The next step was measuring it. Then, we waited for the awning to come in and then they put it up which they did a very good job of. I met one of the owners who was a younger guy but he was a little off-color sometimes. He was being funny but it was a little inappropriate. It was nothing terrible though. Other than that, the product is very good. We have a big sunroom in the back and it gets very hot there. My elderly dad and mom are in there all the time and the awning makes it a lot better. All in all, Sunsetter was very easy to work with and they really seemed to know what they were talking about and I'd recommend them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rollup Awnings?

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

I'm very satisfied with Rollup Awnings. It was $5,300 for an awning, which was pretty expensive. But you get what you pay for. I have a beautiful home on the golf course. I have a pool and an eating area where I have a table and four chairs. I wanted something other than an umbrella, because that blows out of the table sometimes and a lot of things could happen with that. I wanted something that would be more stable for me, being in my 95th year also.

A man came here for Rollup Awnings and he showed us what he would do and I just decided to go with him, and I'm glad I did because the awning is beautiful. The awning I got was all automatic. They could use it for advertising. It's that beautiful. They were wonderful people to work with. He was a perfect gentleman. There were no hitches, no gimmicks - just good interrelationship.

They did a a lot of good things for my awning and the awning cleans itself when it rolls up back out from being all the way out. I would recommend Rollup. Everybody loves the awning and says it's incredible. It feels like an outdoor room and it's such a comfortable feeling to sit there. I'm right by the pool and I can sit out there any time I want and have coffee or lunch.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

I used to have two trees but they were taken down and so I got a remote control awning from Rollup Awnings in a striped tan and burgundy color. I like that it's enclosed and I got more shade now. Rollup Awnings did a good job and I'd tell others to get one if they could afford it.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

We recently invested in an awning for our backyard deck. We researched several companies and found Rollup Awnings had a superior product in strength and durability. Our awning was installed 12 weeks ago and it has performed well, even in wind and rain. The sales team was friendly and helpful and most importantly, NOT high pressure, the installers were very professional. We are very pleased with our investment in our awning and in our choice of Rollup Awnings.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

My place lacked shade. I went to Rollup Awnings' showroom and saw something that I wanted. Working with their reps was all right and I wound up buying a regular awning. Other people should get one.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

Rollup Awnings in Holbrook NY has a great show room. The salesman was professional and very informative, and not high pressure. The product is high quality, you will not find a better build product. Installation was great, very neat. I highly recommend this product and company, 5 stars.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

We get a lot of sun in our backyard and I've seen the advertisements of Rollup Awnings in the newspaper. We wanted to go into them first but we still looked at a couple of different options before we went with them. From the purchase to the installation, everything went very well. I have no complaints and the awning is working very well. We've been very happy with the product so far, so all's good.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

The Rollup Awnings was very helpful when picking which awning to go with but the gentleman who was helping us in the showroom also came to do the measurements and he neglected to tell me about the placement and that there would be a possibility where it couldn’t go there. So when they installed it, the installers were not able to do it. However, there was no other option but to leave it or lose my deposit if I refused it. So, I kept it and spent all that money for pretty much a decoration 'cause it wouldn’t do what I was expecting it to do where the shade was gonna be. Other than that, everybody, even as far as the people who installed it, was fine. It’s a good product, but I’m not happy with where it is placed.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

I had a Rollup awning put in my former house 28 years ago. It was a large awning, so when I moved to the townhouse 10 years ago, I always had in mind to get a smaller awning on my small deck here. I finally got it done this year. In my house, I got the awning for the rain and shade. But here, I couldn’t put it up as the same angle, so I can only use it for shade, not in the rain. Still, it's wonderful. The two men that installed it were very good. They did a great job and they worked well together. The first guy that came to assess it and gave me the price made some errors, but they were corrected by the office. I've been very pleased with the Rollup product I got and working with the office as well.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

I had an excellent experience with Rollup Awnings. I made a dog run and the turf heated up to about 20 degrees hotter than anywhere else so I needed to protect the dogs from it. I did an internet search for awning companies and Rollup Awnings had positive reviews. Also, their customizations made sense and they didn’t push them down my throat. They told me that they could do this and that but I chose all the options.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

When I had an awning that needed to be replaced, I saw a Rollup Awnings ad and it made me think that they could do the job. The salesperson was great and I was able to make customizations to the unit. There was a nice selection of fabrics. The people who installed the unit were very nice. They came and installed the awning and it all went well. However, I'm less protected from the rain than I was with my old awning. The awning sits high off my roof. It has rained here a few times and the water comes through the fabric and it bounces off the roof. My old one held the rain off better. I wish the awning would stay a little drier when it rains.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

The Rollup Awnings place was right on Long Island and that's where I am. I’m also really glad this other awning company didn’t get back to me because I’ve found out that two of my friends have had Rollup Awning for years and have been 100% satisfied. And our experience with them has been absolutely phenomenal. The gentleman that showed me everything happened to be a part owner. I picked the scalloped edge awning and a very common color, and he said that it was one of the best colors. It’s called Fort Salonga, which happens to be a name of the town near me. I absolutely liked the appearance of what I picked. And I also like that I can roll it back manually in case of emergency. When they came to do the installation, they looked my house over and they were clean, neat and efficient. They also said that their stuff was guaranteed. They didn't leave a mess on my patio and they cleaned up every inch of the shaving from the metal.

I spend a lot of time outdoors. I'm always out there in my garden and I have a lot of sun on my patio. But I was recently diagnosed with cancer. So with Rollup, at least I have a place of refuge that I can sit down and relax. As soon as the sun comes up, I'm out there sitting under the awning and I have my breakfast out there in the morning. I really love the awning and I've recommended it to other people. It was more expensive than I thought, but it was worth it in the long run.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

There’s sun beating down on my deck and I have little baby grandsons, so I need shade. Rollup Awnings was recommended by a family member and working with the rep who came here was seamless and fine. He listened to my needs and pointed me in the right direction as far as the design. We use our awning every single day, and we roll it up every single night and when it rains.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

The salesman was very, very nice. I wanted an awning to go over my table and that was what I got. The installer was very nice too. I paid top dollar because I got the awning in the spring. I was very happy with Rollup, but I wasn’t happy with the price so much. I should have waited a little bit to get a better deal. I see the advertisements now and you get so much more off.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

Rollup Awnings seemed like they had a good product and the guy the came over did a great presentation. They did everything they said they were gonna do. They were on time and very professional. I was very, very happy with them. We use the awning every day and it's working great.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

I went through four canopies and after that, I wasn’t spending the money anymore on those. My next-door neighbor has Rollup Awnings and also, I saw it in the papers. We went to Rollup two years ago and they were wonderful which made us go back and purchase from them. We also went to SunSetter but everything about Rollup was manufactured so much better. I let the sales rep pick out the bricks around the pool. I told him the colors of my patio, my deck, my siding and my pool. I brought pieces at home and it matched my bricks, siding and window. It was perfect. The sun comes into my house so I put the awning out and I use them at parties too. People should get it.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

This is the second awning we have had over our back deck. It is the first time we used ROLLUP AWNINGS as a company. The representative was very upfront with his presentation and his display of samples that he brought with him. He made some very positive suggestions on what would be best for us. The finished product was ready to install even earlier than predicted. The two best things about the awning was the increase in size and the remote control for opening and closing. It's a lifesaver. The coordination between the company and the electrician was done in a very timely manner and all workers were extremely neat and efficient. We look forward to years of enjoyment with the awning and know that the company stands behind their product.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

I waited a long time to get an awning and Katherine really wanted one. I wanted to go with someone local and somebody that was made better. Rollup Awnings are on Long Island, they're made here and I heard good things about them so we bought one from them. The salesman was very helpful and everything was right on point. The installation was good, fast, efficient, and it works fine. We're very happy with it and I'd recommend them to anyone who wants to spend a lot of money.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

We had a Rollup awning about 20 years ago and we were very happy with it so we ordered a new one. I called on the phone and then we made an appointment. They came to the house, took the measurements, and we ordered. Their team was wonderful, too. If I will need one in the future, I will certainly go with Rollup again. The whole process was excellent.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

I went in randomly to the Rollup Awnings store and I happened to get there when they were showing an older couple a demonstration of their awning and I sat in on it. The salesman was absolutely terrific. He was very thorough and he explained everything for an hour and a half. They have a lot of patterns and quite a few fabric options. I bought an awning from them and they made an appointment. Then their men came when they were supposed to and they put the awning up, and they did the job cleanly and neatly.

The awning is terrific and I'm very happy with Rollup. But the only thing that I'm upset with them about was that they said they would send me a gift card if I sent a thing, but I've done that and nobody has responded to me in weeks. I've called them three times about this matter, but whenever I told the reps what I was calling for, they put me through to someone else who wasn't on the phone at the time. The young lady who is supposed to be in charge of the department never got back to me and I've been thinking of calling the owner who was really nice and telling her about this. Nevertheless, I would highly recommend Rollup Awnings.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

I have a new awning purchased from Rollup Awnings. Their construction was much more secure and it was chain-driven so I went with it. I was impressed by the professionalism of their team and my interaction with them was terrific. Also, the installers were capable and very pleasant to work with.

Original review: July 26, 2018

A Rollup Awnings location is near where my brother lives and I've passed by it many times. My brother has an awning from them which he got one a number of year ago and he loves it. I've also seen it in action so I was familiar with it. Then because we have sun that comes glaring down on our backyard, I needed something to shade it. I went to the location and they have nice, pleasant people. They showed us what models they had and we took what fit our needs. We got an awning that has a motor and a remote. Now, we use it almost every time yup. I had a very good with Rollup Awnings and I'd recommend it.

Original review: July 22, 2018

Great investment for our home. The salesman was very informative and personable. Our order was placed and the awning was installed within 3 weeks time. The 3 installers were courteous and professional and were in and out in an hour. We can now sit on our deck in the afternoon without the sun beating down. What a pleasure!

Original review: July 20, 2018

When I went to the showroom all of my questions were answered with very understood answers. They said about 3 weeks in less than 2 I set up an installation date. On the day of installation the work crew was very polite and energetic in the work they were performing. When installation was complete I was give clear instructions. I would highly recommend this company, and I have some of my neighbors.

Original review: July 13, 2018

We took down a big tree and we lost all our shade for the backyard so it was time to get an awning. We saw Rollup Awnings in a paper advertisement and we purchased a standard one. It’s motorized and we use it occasionally to give us shade. It’s expensive but I haven’t experienced any problems.

Original review: July 11, 2018

I had enough of being so hot in the back porch during the morning and early afternoon hours that I decided to get an awning. And having read and seen Rollup Awnings' stuff, I thought that they offered the best stuff among the awning companies. I got an 18 by 16 awning with the remote electric start and I’m very satisfied with everything so far. Everybody was great too. I would highly recommend Rollup Awnings.

Rollup Awnings expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Rollup Awnings has been in business for over 30 years and has showrooms that customers can visit to see their products firsthand. They offer awning delivery and installation throughout Long Island.

• Customer service: Because Rollup is such a small business, they offer superior customer service to all of their clients.

• Warranties: Rollup offers excellent warranties to clients that cover damages and defect.

• Fabric variety: From solids to stripes, Rollup offers over 50 unique fabric options to the consumer.

• Service: Rollup is located on Long Island and offers service to customers, specifically residential ones, within the area. Services provided: Recovering, Moving, Awnings, Fabric Repair, Awning Repair, Motor Replacement, and Motor Conversions.

• Cost: Services can be expensive compared to other awning providers.

• Best for: Homeowners