2. Homeowners
  3. Awnings
Accredited Partner

Servicing New York City & Long Island

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.67/5

Since 1979, Rollup Awning has provided quality products and awning services in the Long Island area. Rollup Awning retractable deck awnings are designed to operate by remote control, timer, or wind sensing operation. Our top quality deck awnings are available in different patterns and colors to transform your patio and deck.

Rollup Awnings provides a number of services that include: motor replacement, moving awnings, fabric repair and recovering. We will deliver and professionally install your awning so your family can stay covered from the sun or rain. Rollup Awning also offers shutters and storm panels for your home. Call today to learn more!

View More View More

Rollup Awnings Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

We've been wanting an awning for a couple of years, and we finally had the money to do it. We've gotten an estimate from somebody else, but it was much more expensive than Rollup Awnings. Everything went great with Rollup. They're a very good company. We're very happy with them. We got delayed in getting our awning because of the rain, so it had to be rescheduled once, but it was relatively quick. It was within the month. Their product is very, very strong and very good. So, I would consider them over a lot of people. And for the price, it's one of the strongest awnings out there.

Get buying tips about Awnings delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2019

I have a deck at the back of the house and I got an awning from Rollup for shade. The salesman was very helpful and very knowledgeable. I was very happy with their product versus the products from a couple other companies. Then they had to come for a site survey because I have solar up on my roof. So, it was questionable whether or not the brackets were gonna fit. I had to move a couple of bracket from my solar in order to make the brackets fit. But overall, I’m very happy with the awning.

Original review: June 18, 2019

I needed an awning so we went on Google Search and awning companies popped up. I liked that the Rollup Awnings fully-closed-off condition was nice, tight and secure so it’s a much smaller profile. They also have this plastic edge so it looks clean and neat instead of the fabric which I didn’t want for an edge. It’s a new installation and I did the mounting. I don’t like the way they do their attachment. While it’s secure, it’s ugly. I ended up mounting my own board, and I capped it, made them clean, nearly with no face fasteners or so. All they had to do is just screw the awning in.

Original review: June 8, 2019

I bought a house with an awning with Rollup. It was about 20 years old and it didn’t work so well. I needed a second one too. And if I had a second one, I had to recover the first one because they didn’t have the material anymore. It was that old. The owner came to the house and talked to me. And I went to the place to pick out the material and everything was fine. They redid the old one too. Now, I have a remote control on each one and I’m liking them. It’s just in the rain, you can’t put them out. And that’s just the function of the nature of the thing.

Original review: June 7, 2019

We have a patio but we have no shade. We always have an umbrella where it's not big enough to cover us. So we needed an awning. I saw Rollup Awnings out of a flyer from a home magazine. I also researched it online. I liked the way Rollup Awnings was crafted better. My experience with them was excellent. They were really good. We just had to have it adjusted once. The arms, whatever it was in the opening, had to be adjusted. So they came and they did it, and it was fine. I'm very happy. I love the color. The salesman was wonderful and helped us save some money and pick out the best thing that we need for our liking. It was good.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rollup Awnings?

Original review: April 11, 2020

I purchased my home in 2006. The retractable awning that was purchased by the previous owners I still have. I wanted to replace the fabric. About 2 years ago I looked to have it replaced. Was not good timing so I never did. Fast forward to yesterday. I called again. He quoted me a price over phone which I remember why I didn’t do in the first place. Very expensive to replace fabric. I decided to make some other calls to get other estimates. I found another company who would do for $600 less.

I let Rollup know that I did not need to come out for I found a better price. I didn’t order and cancel. It was a conversation quote only!! Not according to this owner of Roll-up. How dare I waste his time. He called me and was so rude. I still can not believe how he spoke to me. Trust me I’m never short for words or a snag comment. His rudeness shocked me and I was shaking with anger for a good 1/2 hour. I find out why he thinks he can and does treat people the way he does. His product is a patent. He tries to monopolize the industry. He can charge whatever he wants because his company is the only one who can repair and replace. So basically I would have no choice but to reach out to his company if anything goes wrong with my awning parts & frame. However he told me he closed my file and if I need anything in the future I cannot get it from his company.

Rollup Awnings response

Dear Mrs. Gordon, thank you for your review. We apologize that our service did not satisfy your expectations. Should you need any further assistance in the future, we are available to help.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2019

I was screamed at and hung up on the phone by the owner of this business twice when I can attempting to schedule a repair appointment. This was after they cancelled two prior service appointments on the day of after I had taken off from work to be there. The owner has serious anger issues and is unprofessional and treats clients terribly.

Rollup Awnings response

Dear James, thank you for your review. We apologize that your experience with us did not satisfy your expectations. Should you need us in the future, we are here to help.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

I want an awning for my deck to keep shade in the summer. I had three other awning companies come give me an estimate but I like that Rollup Awnings does their own stuff and they have their own factory. The people at Rollup were fine.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

We needed some shade in the backyard and Rollup Awnings was about 10 minutes from my house. So we got an awning from them. The sales guy was excellent. He went through all the info and the options. He showed us everything. So, he was very thorough. The installation wen very well. The guys knew definitely what they were doing. The only thing we needed to do was figure out the size of the awning. I’d recommend them.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

Rollup Awnings has a good product. It's very easy to use. We had a standup awning, and it was falling apart. We got a new one and the installation took a few hours.

Rollup Awnings author review by ConsumerAffairs

Rollup Awnings has been in business for over 30 years and has showrooms that customers can visit to see their products firsthand. They offer awning delivery and installation throughout Long Island.

• Customer service: Because Rollup is such a small business, they offer superior customer service to all of their clients.

• Warranties: Rollup offers excellent warranties to clients that cover damages and defect.

• Fabric variety: From solids to stripes, Rollup offers over 50 unique fabric options to the consumer.

• Service: Rollup is located on Long Island and offers service to customers, specifically residential ones, within the area. Services provided: Recovering, Moving, Awnings, Fabric Repair, Awning Repair, Motor Replacement, and Motor Conversions.

• Cost: Services can be expensive compared to other awning providers.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team