It's that easy Request Information
4.79/5
Based on 100 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Servicing New York City & Long Island

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Since 1979, Rollup Awning has provided quality products and awning services in the Long Island area. Rollup Awning retractable deck awnings are designed to operate by remote control, timer, or wind sensing operation. Our top quality deck awnings are available in different patterns and colors to transform your patio and deck.

Rollup Awnings provides a number of services that include: motor replacement, moving awnings, fabric repair and recovering. We will deliver and professionally install your awning so your family can stay covered from the sun or rain. Rollup Awning also offers shutters and storm panels for your home. Call today to learn more!

View More View More

388 Rollup Awnings Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

This is the second awning we have had over our back deck. It is the first time we used ROLLUP AWNINGS as a company. The representative was very upfront with his presentation and his display of samples that he brought with him. He made some very positive suggestions on what would be best for us. The finished product was ready to install even earlier than predicted. The two best things about the awning was the increase in size and the remote control for opening and closing. It's a lifesaver. The coordination between the company and the electrician was done in a very timely manner and all workers were extremely neat and efficient. We look forward to years of enjoyment with the awning and know that the company stands behind their product.

Get expert buying tips about Awnings delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

We had a Rollup awning about 20 years ago and we were very happy with it so we ordered a new one. I called on the phone and then we made an appointment. They came to the house, took the measurements, and we ordered. Their team was wonderful, too. If I will need one in the future, I will certainly go with Rollup again. The whole process was excellent.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

I went in randomly to the Rollup Awnings store and I happened to get there when they were showing an older couple a demonstration of their awning and I sat in on it. The salesman was absolutely terrific. He was very thorough and he explained everything for an hour and a half. They have a lot of patterns and quite a few fabric options. I bought an awning from them and they made an appointment. Then their men came when they were supposed to and they put the awning up, and they did the job cleanly and neatly.

The awning is terrific and I'm very happy with Rollup. But the only thing that I'm upset with them about was that they said they would send me a gift card if I sent a thing, but I've done that and nobody has responded to me in weeks. I've called them three times about this matter, but whenever I told the reps what I was calling for, they put me through to someone else who wasn't on the phone at the time. The young lady who is supposed to be in charge of the department never got back to me and I've been thinking of calling the owner who was really nice and telling her about this. Nevertheless, I would highly recommend Rollup Awnings.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

I have a new awning purchased from Rollup Awnings. Their construction was much more secure and it was chain-driven so I went with it. I was impressed by the professionalism of their team and my interaction with them was terrific. Also, the installers were capable and very pleasant to work with.

Original review: July 26, 2018

A Rollup Awnings location is near where my brother lives and I've passed by it many times. My brother has an awning from them which he got one a number of year ago and he loves it. I've also seen it in action so I was familiar with it. Then because we have sun that comes glaring down on our backyard, I needed something to shade it. I went to the location and they have nice, pleasant people. They showed us what models they had and we took what fit our needs. We got an awning that has a motor and a remote. Now, we use it almost every time yup. I had a very good with Rollup Awnings and I'd recommend it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rollup Awnings?

Original review: July 22, 2018

Great investment for our home. The salesman was very informative and personable. Our order was placed and the awning was installed within 3 weeks time. The 3 installers were courteous and professional and were in and out in an hour. We can now sit on our deck in the afternoon without the sun beating down. What a pleasure!

Original review: July 20, 2018

When I went to the showroom all of my questions were answered with very understood answers. They said about 3 weeks in less than 2 I set up an installation date. On the day of installation the work crew was very polite and energetic in the work they were performing. When installation was complete I was give clear instructions. I would highly recommend this company, and I have some of my neighbors.

Original review: July 13, 2018

We took down a big tree and we lost all our shade for the backyard so it was time to get an awning. We saw Rollup Awnings in a paper advertisement and we purchased a standard one. It’s motorized and we use it occasionally to give us shade. It’s expensive but I haven’t experienced any problems.

Original review: July 11, 2018

I had enough of being so hot in the back porch during the morning and early afternoon hours that I decided to get an awning. And having read and seen Rollup Awnings' stuff, I thought that they offered the best stuff among the awning companies. I got an 18 by 16 awning with the remote electric start and I’m very satisfied with everything so far. Everybody was great too. I would highly recommend Rollup Awnings.

Original review: July 6, 2018

I had used Rollup about 15 years ago at a different house. And since their product is better than the others, I decided to purchase a brand new awning when I redid my backyard. The salesman was great and the installers were fine, and I was able to customize the size and color of my new awning. It is a blue and 13 feet long motorized awning that works great. So far I use it whenever I'm out there to block the sun. Overall, everything worked out fine with Rollup. The service is great and the installation was prompt.

Original review: July 5, 2018

I've had bird problems and I like the way the Rollup Awnings' system is that the birds wouldn't come. Buying the awning was no hassle and the rep came to the house. However, I was disagreeing to change the whole thing. Everything worked fine other than I had to change my actual canvas. That was $3,000 but I said, given the bird problem and the previous awning which we had for 18 years, maybe I could get 18 years out of this one. We've used the awning quite a few times now and I'm 100% satisfied with it.

Original review: July 3, 2018

We have known about Rollup Awning for years but never had the money to do it. It's expensive but you get what you pay for and I would recommend them. I wanted to use my backyard more but I needed shade because it’s really sunny back there. Rollup was just the way to go and we've enjoyed the backyard once it was shaded. It is a great awning and I love it. They installed the awning a couple of months ago and the experience was great as well. The four guys were good and professional.

Original review: July 2, 2018

I needed an awning and Rollup Awnings seemed like they had good quality. Everything with the purchase process was good and I've had very good interactions with their team. While they don’t have a manual crank, they checked the model they gave me if it was standard and then the choice of material.

Original review: July 1, 2018

We have a nice deck behind the house and it is so hot to sit there in the summer so we thought it would be a lot better with an awning. I went to Rollup Awnings as it was close by. A gentleman came out and he went through the whole process and showed me how the awning works. He also showed me samples of the materials and did the whole sales pitch. The guy did a good job and I ended up buying the electric type of awning made of a new fabric. It has several shades of blue. The colors are beige or light blue and with darker blue stripes.

When the installers came, they told me how long the installation was gonna take. They had to go up on the roof and did they everything they had to do and did a good job. They checked it to the best they could and everything works fine. If we are home and it is daylight, we roll the awning up then we roll it in at night. A lot of times in the morning I go out there and read the paper, then in the afternoon I sit out there and read a book. Although the awning was very expensive, it's good and I would recommend Rollup Awnings.

Original review: June 29, 2018

I've used Rollup Awnings twice already. But my second awning was destroyed by weather and birds. It was an old fashioned mechanical awning and the birds kept putting their nest in it. So I called Rollup Awnings and the gentleman came. He measured and then people came and did what they did and installed the awning. It's fully automated but it comes routinely with something by hand in case you lose power. And I just picked the same fabric to match the one I've gotten five years ago. Rollup Awnings did what they said they were gonna do and we're very pleased with them.

Original review: June 27, 2018

I liked the Rollup Awnings products. I purchased an awning for relaxation and the process was easy. Also, their team was professional.

Original review: June 26, 2018

Thank you Rollup Awnings for our beautiful awning. It is exactly what we imagined. Our whole experience was informative, professional and most of all, user friendly from beginning to end. Outstanding salesmanship, expect installation and on time. We would wholeheartedly recommend you to our friends and family.

Original review: June 26, 2018

I had an awning for years and the company that I got it from wouldn’t fix it without coming out and wouldn’t even keep selling me the parts without someone coming out and looking at it for 300 bucks and I was able to fix that awning before. So I just threw the thing away and it has been about seven years since I had an awning and it was time to buy one. I researched online and liked that Rollup Awnings is a local company. The purchasing experience was the typical high-pressure-sales type of thing but it was all right. I got a standard awning in a different color and it’s open every day when it’s not raining or windy. It keeps the sunlight from coming into the kitchen keeping the kitchen cool.

Original review: June 24, 2018

I've been a customer of Rollup Awnings for over 25 years. They are high-quality and they're the best awning company out there. They're a great professional company. That's why we used them the first time and used them again. I recently bought a brand new awning from them. The salesman came to the house, and we got the fabric, trim and size that we wanted. And we use the awning for a lot of parties. Everything was perfect. They were very nice people, and the product is made very well. I'm very pleased.

Original review: June 23, 2018

When we went to go to Rollup Awning's showroom and talked to the salesman, we liked the product, so we decided to go with it and they could do it at the same time they were doing our neighbor. And now I’m enjoying our awning and its quality is very good.

Original review: June 22, 2018

My previous awning fell down and I bought a new one from Rollup Awnings. They're local and they have quality. They gave us a remote control to roll the awning up and down and the customer service I received was excellent. I had my 75th birthday party in June and we had about 60 people. We were outside and thank God we had the awning, otherwise I would’ve fried.

Original review: June 19, 2018

After viewing many awning products I was really pleased with Rollup Awnings technology, sales, service, efficiency. The awning Sale was completed, ordered, delivered and installed in about 2 weeks. All in all I am very happy.

Original review: June 19, 2018

Our patio was virtually unusable during the summer months. This year we decided to go with an awning. We chose Rollup Awnings. We are now enjoying our patio and are glad we made this choice. So far so good. I will recommend this company to friends.

Original review: June 16, 2018

I had cut down all my trees without realizing what I was doing. I had nothing but the sun in my backyard until 3 o’clock in the afternoon. Hence, I needed the awning. My friend recommended Rollup Awnings because he has one at his house. They have a sales office in Long Island where I live so I went there and picked out the fabric. The owner came here and measured then the install team came. I have a lot of furniture on the deck and I’m handicapped, and they were able to move it for me. The people from Rollup Awnings were wonderful. I can't say enough nice things about them. I've only had the awning for a month but I’ve gotten a lot of use out of it so I’m happy with it. I like to paint outside and now, I can do it in the shade and I don’t have to wait until 4 o’clock in the afternoon. I would recommend them without a doubt.

Original review: June 14, 2018

My deck is very high and the sun is there during the morning and afternoon. My mother told me to invest in an awning and Rollup was in the area that I used to patrol so I went to their store. A rep told me about the colors and a lot of different things about their products. He told me that I could have the Cadillac awning or I could go for a cheap awning. And looking at the way it was, I went with the Cadillac awning. I love it. They told me I could customize it and that if I wanted a remote control, I could have one. They said I could even put it on the wall like a TV remote. And if my power goes out, I could get the pole out that they gave me and crank it close.

The installers came after two weeks and didn't take long to install the unit. They did an excellent job and were very good and clean. Since then, we've been out in my deck more and my Rollup awning covers the whole thing, which I love. I would recommend Rollup Awnings. I would have my friends come over and show them mine like I'm showing my neighbors.

Original review: June 12, 2018

I was looking at another awning place and they sent me estimation. I was interested until I heard I have to put the thing up myself. And I was like, “Oh, that sounds crazy.” So when I went to Rollup Awnings, it was more money but it’s a lot sturdier. And they did it for me. It works well. I’m very happy I went through Rollup Awnings. The guy from the store was very nice and very helpful. We looked at all the materials. He spent a lot of time with us and we went back there twice. He even gave us a sample to go home with to see which one would match our patio and furniture. And then we went back and he opened up a lot of the awnings so we could get a good feel for what it’s like. It’s hard when you buy that other one, you can’t see it. You’re seeing a picture. So here, I was actually able to see the awnings and once I saw it opened that was when I fell in love with it.

They installed the awning very quickly too. They showed us how it worked manually and they hooked it up to one of their portable electrical thing because I didn’t have the electric work done yet. It was to show us what it looks like. And then, they also recommended an electrician that they use a lot and he put the whole thing as far as the electrical work and it was fine.

I have a house that has the western exposure in the back and I always have the full sun. And I very rarely use my patio in the summer because the sun was beating down on me. But now lately, I’ve been opening it up and I’m able to sit out there and not be roasted in the sun. So I’m happy. It hasn’t been cool but it’s just not having that sun on you is a plus. Definitely buy your awning from Rollup and nowhere else. I really love my awning. My husband and kids love it too, so everybody loves it.

Original review: June 2, 2018

I looked into Rollup Awnings and looked at their product's quality. I bought an awning and it's fine. The couple of Rollup representatives I dealt with were pleasant. And they helped me discuss a couple of options including color choice. I like the guys who installed it, and the installation was quick and easy. It was a little dirty with metal chips on the patio, but after that, everything was fine. I'm happy with the experience. Rollup awnings are made well, and I'd tell my friends to buy one.

Original review: May 31, 2018

We recently contracted with Rollup Awnings to purchase and to have them install our awning in our condo. They were extremely helpful and Judd, who personally called the Homeowners Association of the condo to receive approval to install. We enjoy using our awning and would recommend this company to anyone looking to purchase an awning.

Original review: May 27, 2018

We kept on getting tents. We have a lot of parties and it’s total daylight and we sweat our butts off trying to get ready. And then in the evening, sometimes it’s drizzling but we can still stay outside with the awnings. So I Googled awnings and Rollup Awnings came up. I went in with cash in hand. The price seemed fair and I purchased the new awning. The rep did it right away and I loved her. As soon as they opened up a spot to install, they installed it for me. The Rollup Awnings reps were all great and the way their team installed our awning was fantastic. I love Rollup Awnings and I referred them to my sister-in-law and other families are gonna be getting Rollup Awnings as well.

Original review: May 22, 2018

I’ve been thinking about getting an awning for a couple of years. Rollup Awnings has a local showroom and I was able to go in and touch and feel their products there. I got a brand new awning from them for use during barbecues and entertaining guests.

Rollup Awnings expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Rollup Awnings has been in business for over 30 years and has showrooms that customers can visit to see their products firsthand. They offer awning delivery and installation throughout Long Island.

• Customer service: Because Rollup is such a small business, they offer superior customer service to all of their clients.

• Warranties: Rollup offers excellent warranties to clients that cover damages and defect.

• Fabric variety: From solids to stripes, Rollup offers over 50 unique fabric options to the consumer.

• Service: Rollup is located on Long Island and offers service to customers, specifically residential ones, within the area. Services provided: Recovering, Moving, Awnings, Fabric Repair, Awning Repair, Motor Replacement, and Motor Conversions.

• Cost: Services can be expensive compared to other awning providers.

• Best for: Homeowners

Fax:
631-563-6668
www.rollupawnings.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business