It's that easy Request Information
4.88/5

Servicing New York City & Long Island

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Since 1979, Rollup Awning has provided quality products and awning services in the Long Island area. Rollup Awning retractable deck awnings are designed to operate by remote control, timer, or wind sensing operation. Our top quality deck awnings are available in different patterns and colors to transform your patio and deck.

Rollup Awnings provides a number of services that include: motor replacement, moving awnings, fabric repair and recovering. We will deliver and professionally install your awning so your family can stay covered from the sun or rain. Rollup Awning also offers shutters and storm panels for your home. Call today to learn more!

View More View More

447 Rollup Awnings Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

Our deck is situated in such away that we are facing east in the morning, so we don't get shade on the deck until 2 or 3 in the afternoon. If we wanted to have a Sunday barbecue with friends over, we would still be in the sun at 3 in the afternoon, and it's hot. So we went to Rollup Awnings and the gentleman there was very, very good. He was very helpful. We went in a time where there was some kind of promotion going on. We were gonna shop around a bit, and he told us to go ahead, but he guaranteed that we will be back. We went to one or two other places, and what he had offered us was the best deal, and it seemed to be the best product for what we wanted, so we came back.

We picked out whatever we wanted, like color scheme, and everything went very, very smoothly. We're very satisfied with the product, and the person that we dealt with. He didn’t push anything on us. He explained to us. He pointed out, and he let us make our choice. He was a top-of-the-line salesman. He was confident enough in his product that he didn’t find us shopping around, and he knew we would be back. And he was right.

Rollup had a wide variety of merchandise that you could choose from. The sales guy helped us determine the size that we would need based upon the dimensions that we had given him. Then they came back down and measured before the order went through completely to make sure that we had given them correct dimensions. They explained about the remote control and how it works. When they did the installation, they demonstrated pros and cons compared to other company products. It was a very nice experience. The awning cools off the house a little bit in the morning when the sun comes up in the east facing our dining area.

Get expert buying tips about Awnings delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

We had a little deck that we wanted to use but the sun would hit it. It would be too hot and nobody could really stay out there. So, we decided to get an awning. I Googled and Rollup Awnings came up. There was another company that we went to but when we compared the quality of the product that they showed us on display to what Rollup Awnings showed us, we could tell that the quality was a little bit better with Rollup Awnings, so we went with them.

Their service was very good and they explained the product to us. Picking which awning to buy was also pretty easy. We went to the store and explained to the guy what we needed and what we were trying to do. Then he showed us our options. The hardest thing was picking out the color and my wife did that. She picked a light green color and we didn't put any other customization. Rollup Awning's reps also kept in contact about what was going on with our order and when it was gonna come in. Then during the installation, the guys who came in installed it quickly. It seemed like it was easy, too. They did a nice job and they cleaned up after themselves.

Before we got the awning, it would get very hot over there in our deck from about 12:00 to 5:00 o’clock in the afternoon. We had to wait for it to cool off until about 6:30 before we go out there because it would be too hot. Then by the time we go out there, we only have two hours of daylight. But now, we can enjoy the deck a little more often or just go sit outside. Rollup Awnings is a very excellent company and you would wanna give them a shot.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

I was looking for awnings and had first seen the SunSetter, but when I was looking up places to go and look at awnings, I found Rollup Awnings. I was talking to my son and his wife about it and her parents used Rollup, so, since they had a good experience and I saw good experiences on Facebook, we went with them. I knew what I wanted and we went into the showroom. The people at Rollup Awnings were very helpful. They explained the different options and I told them what I was looking for, and it was an easy process. However, it took a little while to get it going. I thought we would have the awning in a few weeks, but there was a problem, which was not a big deal because we got the awning. It just took a little longer than expected.

The installers did not make a mess during installation. I went to the tracks for my walk and by the time I came back, the awning was up and they had shown my husband how to work it. It was great. Then, the electrician that they had told us about came the very next morning and he hooked up the power. We’ve had no problem with it and I love it. It’s like a whole room back there and it’s wonderful. It has good quality. My daughter-in-law’s parents have had it over 10 years and they don’t have a problem with it at all. It still goes in and out like it’s supposed to. I would definitely recommend Rollup Awnings. In fact, I had told my daughter about it and if and when she is ready, she would go there.

Original review: July 10, 2018

I live in a condo that doesn’t come with awnings. We have been here for a couple of years now and we’ve been talking about purchasing an awning. At the same time, Rollup Awnings happens to be located in our town. So we had spoken to a few neighbors and one in particular was very happy with them. Then, we realized that the quality of the Rollup was so much better than the other ones that were popular so we decided to go with it. We dealt with their salesperson and he was professional and explained the benefits of it. While he's obviously trying to sell it, we found what he said to be truthful. It’s very durable and great looking. Furthermore, we had spoken with some other companies and we had seen some of the quality of the fabrics that they used. We thought that works good, and then, we saw the quality of Rollup's fabric and it was crazy. It was so much thicker and richer that you would ask what are the others are using.

We bought the top of the line product. It powers out and then powers back in on a push of a button. It also has a separate crank on the side. Should there be some kind of a power failure, you can still raise it or put it out. And they don’t normally come with that feature. It’s hard-wired into the house. The installers were terrific. They know exactly what they were doing. They were here when they were supposed to and they know the product inside and out. In addition, they took the time to explain everything and when they left, I felt good and confident. We use the awning every day. We have it over the deck and when it's very sunny and too warm, I can be out there in a press of a button and it's 10 degrees cooler underneath the awning when it's out. Overall, I like the Rollup Awning a lot. I would absolutely recommend them to a friend.

Original review: June 12, 2018

I was looking at another awning place and they sent me estimation. I was interested until I heard I have to put the thing up myself. And I was like, “Oh, that sounds crazy.” So when I went to Rollup Awnings, it was more money but it’s a lot sturdier. And they did it for me. It works well. I’m very happy I went through Rollup Awnings. The guy from the store was very nice and very helpful. We looked at all the materials. He spent a lot of time with us and we went back there twice. He even gave us a sample to go home with to see which one would match our patio and furniture. And then we went back and he opened up a lot of the awnings so we could get a good feel for what it’s like. It’s hard when you buy that other one, you can’t see it. You’re seeing a picture. So here, I was actually able to see the awnings and once I saw it opened that was when I fell in love with it.

They installed the awning very quickly too. They showed us how it worked manually and they hooked it up to one of their portable electrical thing because I didn’t have the electric work done yet. It was to show us what it looks like. And then, they also recommended an electrician that they use a lot and he put the whole thing as far as the electrical work and it was fine.

I have a house that has the western exposure in the back and I always have the full sun. And I very rarely use my patio in the summer because the sun was beating down on me. But now lately, I’ve been opening it up and I’m able to sit out there and not be roasted in the sun. So I’m happy. It hasn’t been cool but it’s just not having that sun on you is a plus. Definitely buy your awning from Rollup and nowhere else. I really love my awning. My husband and kids love it too, so everybody loves it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rollup Awnings?

Original review: May 14, 2019

I read about Rollup Awnings on the internet and I went down to the facility where they manufacture their product. They let me see how it's made and how they construct it. They were very helpful and showed me all the ins and outs. Between what I’ve seen on the internet and experienced on the outside, and what they portrayed as their item, I decided to go with them. It was a little pricey, but you get what you pay for.

From start to finish, they were very informative and helpful with any of my questions. They didn’t really push me, as far as what type of awning to get, and they just let me make own decision. The installation was great, too. They came and said they were gonna be here for 45 minutes, and they were right to the minute. The gentlemen that came were very clean, cleaned up and did everything they had to do. The whole experience was very good. Rollup Awnings was very good.

Original review: May 11, 2019

Rollup Awnings is a local company here where we live. The sales rep was definitely great. He was very knowledgeable. He helped us out and made everything reasonable for us. We bought an awning from them and they gave us a discount on it. So far, the awning is holding up good. The quality is good as well. And I just press a button and it opens up. Service is good, too. The installation was quick and smooth, and the people who worked there were great.

Original review: May 4, 2019

I've seen some commercials for Rollup, and I also checked out a couple others, but I wasn’t satisfied with what I saw. Rollup seemed to be the best way for me to go. The crew was good. They work pretty quick. I got the retractable awning that was motorized. I got one of the better models that they had. The sales rep was very helpful. He explained everything well including the different options. And even with the fabric, he showed us many of them like if we wanted to save money.

I picked the awning that I liked, and I liked the idea that the whole awning goes in during the winter, and the piece in the front that hangs, I could take that off, and I won’t ruin that during the winter. I had a big party here and I had the awning down. I got nothing but compliments about it. Rollup was great for everything that they did, including how they installed. The only thing I had to do is get an electrician.

Original review: May 3, 2019

We had a temporary canopy but it finally rusted out and needed to be replaced. Instead of getting a fixed structure, we decided we wanted an awning and we saved for it. We pass Rollup Awnings every day since we live around the corner and I like supporting local business. When we walked in to get a price, the people were helpful. They also had a great warranty on their product and they sold us right off the bat. I got a brand-new awning, which is 28 feet long and so, it is very large. They let us pick the material it was made out of and they customized it to the kind of border we wanted. We don't have to roll it in and out. It's all motorized and they gave us a remote.

The man who installed it and I went back and forth with the specifics. We had an idea of what we wanted and one of the guys came to the house to take a measurement. He made some suggestions because he is the professional and he has done this for a very long time. They installed it and I wanted it raised a little. They were back within 48 hours to adjust the pitch and the height. Both sales and installation were wonderful. Anytime I had a question, they picked up the phone when I called. They also scheduled everything right away and I don’t have a single complaint. The experience has been good so far and I hope it holds up as good as they say it does.

Original review: April 25, 2019

I haven’t been able to sit on my deck for the last five years since all the trees at my neighbor’s backyard went down. I looked at SunSetter and looking at the awning, Rollup Awnings had much heavier duty brackets and a heavier duty frame to it. Plus, it’s local so we decided to go with Rollup Awnings. We spent a good amount more money but it was a better product. The salesperson who came to the house was the owner’s son or one of the owners and he was convincing. I wasn’t happy with the price and I was trying to get him to knock a little money off, but he said he couldn’t. However, it was advertised that they would take $500 off in install.

I didn’t buy the motorized and they sent the wrong crank. They sent the short one instead of a long one and they wrote that on the receipt. I went back to the showroom in Bohemia and they didn’t have any stock. So, I’m waiting for that. I told the rep at that time that it wasn’t right because they were taking $500 off the price. She said that someone would call me and I’m waiting for that phone call also. The product is great and the guys who installed it were experts at what they were doing. The crew chief said they would be out of there in two hours and they were. Everyone had a job and they worked together like a well-oiled machine. I have no complaints about that but I need my crank and I’d like $500 back.

Original review: April 22, 2019

I had Rollup Awnings a few years back and I was very satisfied with the awning that they installed in my other residence. I recently had a new awning installed and I use it if we barbecue. Sometimes, I just wanna open up my curtains and I use it as well. The reps were very helpful all the way around and interacting with them was excellent. I was very satisfied with Rollup Awnings and overall, it was a very good experience.

Original review: April 13, 2019

We got a brand new motorized 15-foot wide awning from Rollup Awnings. It is blue and white striped and everything seemed very good when it was installed. The installers took a little longer than I wanted, but it all worked out fine.

Original review: April 12, 2019

We got a Rollup awning but then I'm not too happy about it. The one we got has that material that makes a wave in the middle and it goes down. To me, it should be straighter when the arms of the awning are extended. Because of the size of the awning we got, it droops a little bit. While the awning is expensive, we had a good experience with the rep we purchased it from. It's a strong awning.

Original review: April 10, 2019

I needed some shade in the backyard and Rollup Awnings is a company in my vicinity. The sales rep did a good job and we love the awning. Everything was great and I like it a lot.

Original review: April 8, 2019

Everything was wonderful with Rollup Awnings. They have the most selections and they were close by. My experience with them went well, and my interactions with the rep were also great. The installers were very knowledgeable and they answered all my questions.

Original review: April 6, 2019

I went to the showroom, met with the sales folks and the owner, and I liked them. Rollup Awnings is local and family-owned. They then came out and did an estimate. The installation went very well. So far, the quality is good.

Original review: April 3, 2019

I saw Rollup's ad in the paper, and I liked the way the awning was manufactured when I looked at their product. I also took into consideration its mechanical ability. I was happy with their representatives, and the crew did a good job of installing it. It works fine, and I'm happy with their product the way it is. I would recommend them, and I would also tell others not to just shop by price. Rollup was a little more expensive than their competitors, but I felt the quality in the way it was made.

Original review: March 29, 2019

I heard that Rollup did a better job from different people, so I went with them. They, indeed, did a nice job. Their installers were nice, professional, and very good. We just had it put in and I have used it about five or six times already. Our motorized awning looked like it was one of the better ones. I am satisfied so far.

Original review: March 15, 2019

Rollup Awnings was on time, and they were very informative. I got a brand new motorized awning and the job was done well. Their customer service was excellent. It was a very good experience. I would use them again, and I have referred someone else to them.

Original review: March 8, 2019

Rollup Awnings gave a very good presentation when they came to the house, and I felt like it was the right fit for me. After they put up the awning, they had to come back for the electrical connection. The installers were very qualified people. They knew what they were doing, and they did a very good job. They were very clean too. So far, I’ve been very happy with the item. I would recommend them.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

Rollup Awnings makes a good product. Their reps were very nice and helpful. They showed me all the different pieces of the awning, and how it works, and how each piece is made. When they came here, they showed me how it would be set up. So far, I’m happy with Rollup Awnings. Everything they said was what they did, and it works good.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

I liked Rollup Awnings' showroom service. It was very informative, professional and complete. There was no reason to go anywhere else, so I went with them. The crew that came to install the awning was on time and professional as well. It's my first awning and as far as the length, color, and the rollup size, it's good.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

I was looking at a few choices where to get an awning and that included SunSetter, but I didn't hear too many good things about it so I didn't wanna go in that route. Rollup Awnings on the other hand had good reviews and I was really interested so I made the call to purchase. The sales rep that helped me was amazing, professional, friendly and very down to earth. They made a custom-made awning for me and it has a remote. They made the top-of-the-line ones. They took a while. They said they had to make it before they could even bring it and install it. I decided to use the awning during the summer, family get-togethers, barbecues and evening times and it has been great.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

When we bought our first awning from Rollup Awnings, our purchase was price-motivated. It was a good deal. Also, they were right in the town that we live in and it was convenient to go with them. The rep was very friendly, funny, and easy to deal with. We customized the color, size, and trim color of the awning that we got. The installation of the awning was very easy. Overall, we're very satisfied with the purchase and with the awning.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

I wanted to expand my backyard and Rollup Awnings was rated high in the area. I got the remote controlled, automatic model and I was able to choose the fabric and length of the awning. I had an excellent experience with their team. They came when they said they would and installed in a very short time. Everything works perfectly.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

We live by the water and we needed to provide some shade for our deck. Rollup Awnings was the closest and the only awning company that I knew about. Everything was great when we interacted with their team. We knew what we were looking for so I customized it and it has absolutely met our expectations. When we have company, we put the awning out and we hang out on the deck.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

Rollup Awnings was local to my hometown and my experience with them was fantastic, from the sales to the actual installation with the exception of making a request of being able to extend the awning past the chimney. During the sales, I was told I wouldn’t be able to because it wouldn’t go past it without a special kind of device and there would be a lot of money involved. However, now that the awning is installed by the same group of guys who did the site survey, there is at least 2 to 3 inches that they could’ve bypassed the chimney so they could’ve extended it even further. They could’ve bypassed the chimney without doing anything special.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

We have a lot of sun so we needed an awning and we had been talking about it for a few years. The promotion and the time were right so we contacted Rollup Awnings. It was a little difficult to get through to them initially on the phone. But the salesperson I talked to was helpful. She arranged for a person to come out and he was good. He had a book with him showing the different awning styles. We went over the numbers and he did the measurements. We had also already done a bit of research on the mechanism of the retractable awning so we knew a bit about that. Afterwards, they did an excellent job of installing the awning and the mechanism of it is fantastic. It's really well-done and well-designed.

But people have to understand where the awning is going and how much sun it's gonna block, and be comfortable with that. We're definitely western-facing and later in the day, the sun is lower. The awning doesn't block as much sun as I thought it would. From 12 to 3, it's fine but a little later in the day, the sun is too low. We're not using our awning 99% of the time so I gotta wonder if it's worth the investment. It was a lot of money so I didn't want a permanent one. But maybe I would have made a different choice. Really, it comes down to me and how much I use it. But other than that, the Rollup awning is great. It works fine and it looks like a quality product.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

I wanted to have an awning instead of having to put up a canopy all the time. I got tired of putting up the deck every summer. My daughter looked up at all the stuff for me and I ended up getting an awning from Rollup Awnings. The installation went very well and I'm very happy with the unit that I got. I use it for the shade outside if I'm having company. If not, it's rolled up. I would recommend Rollup Awnings.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

We had an awning when we bought our house and I thought it was gonna last, but it didn't. It was ripped. We went over to Rollup Awnings to see what it would cost to get a replacement canvass for the awning we had, and it was almost as much as a new awning. It was going to be a little more for the new awning which was much nicer and better constructed than the one I had.

I placed the order and a guy came. He surveyed the job. Parts were ordered and about two weeks later after they were ordered, installers came and were in and out in about an hour. I got the awning that retracts into a tube so everything is all sealed up. The old one I had just rolled up and was open to the elements and the birds liked to nest up there. With our new awning, we don’t have that problem anymore. If anybody is in the market, I would recommend Rollup Awnings. They did a good job for me. I'm a happy customer.

Rollup Awnings expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Rollup Awnings has been in business for over 30 years and has showrooms that customers can visit to see their products firsthand. They offer awning delivery and installation throughout Long Island.

• Customer service: Because Rollup is such a small business, they offer superior customer service to all of their clients.

• Warranties: Rollup offers excellent warranties to clients that cover damages and defect.

• Fabric variety: From solids to stripes, Rollup offers over 50 unique fabric options to the consumer.

• Service: Rollup is located on Long Island and offers service to customers, specifically residential ones, within the area. Services provided: Recovering, Moving, Awnings, Fabric Repair, Awning Repair, Motor Replacement, and Motor Conversions.

• Cost: Services can be expensive compared to other awning providers.

• Best for: Homeowners