Servicing New York City & Long Island

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

We had three awning groups come in but the description and the type of awning that Rollup Awnings had was self-contained. There was a whole lot of features and it really cost more. The longevity of it and the way it was made just blew the other ones away. Their owner came by and was very knowledgeable. The awning looks great and it's fabulous because it's remote control. We open it up and it covers the entire patio so we're going to put a second one in.

Rollup Awnings has been around and is a good solid family company. I got an electric awning and everything's fantastic. Though there was an issue with it, they came out and replaced the whole material for free. The owner came out and analyze the situation and expedited to get it done for the July 4th holiday which was unbelievable for the turnaround time. Working with the people at Rollup have been very good, all around. They contact you prior and keep you informed. It's a good product and I'm very happy with my experience with them.

My husband likes to be out on his deck quite often where it's very sunny. He felt an awning would give him more pleasure to be outside during a sunny time so we decided to get an awning from Rollup Awnings. My husband is handicapped and we're both aged in our 80's so we wanted something easy to take care of. We love the fabric, we picked the color, we love it. We didn't realize but we actually picked the color that matches our chairs. We were very happy with it. Also, everybody at Rollup Awnings was fine. We had the electrician come out and do the work, and we're satisfied with everything.

One of our family members used Rollup Awnings, so we also got our awning from them. It was a stock order and there wasn’t much customization, but we liked the fabric possibilities. We initially interacted with the rep at the office and then once again when he came to the house, and both cases went very well. He was very knowledgeable. We have used our awning in outdoor activities, and it has worked well. The whole experience was outstanding in every way.

Rollup Awnings installed our original awning. We got a new roof and so we purchased a new one from them. Everybody in their team was great. They did everything they said they were going to do and it's been working perfectly ever since. We’re fully enclosed so the awning stays out of the elements with that fringe on the end. It's better than the one that's exposed or rolled up as it could fade. The awning is outdoor on the back deck providing shade that keeps the house cooler. We open up halfway during the day just to keep the sun off of the kitchen. It works well. We haven't had any leaks yet and there's a 10-year guarantee which is also important.

Nothing but satisfaction and great things to say. I cannot come up with one complaint. The people who installed the awning were kind, friendly and knowledgeable, answered any question we had. The ones who installed the awning were a father and his two sons. They were very kind and friendly people. They don't overcharge. In fact I believe it was the lowest price out there. The awning looks beautiful, works great and we have gotten so many compliments on it already. My family and I are very satisfied with the awning and the customer care and service that was provided. Will be recommending Rollup Awnings to anyone who is interested.

I would never recommend this company. My husband and I bought their awning and it was installed around the July 4th Weekend of last year (2016). By Labor Day Weekend it collapsed! We had a very hard time scheduling a speedy inspection (they defended their delay by saying, "We're a big company with lots of installations"). When they did come they said it was our fault ("because you let it get rained on") and that we had to pay them $800 to have it repaired, even though we’d had the awning only two months.

We had our previous awning for over 10 years, made by a local company. Occasionally it got rained on (sometimes thats unavoidable), but the rain never damaged the awning. From time to time we needed service, but I hardly remember because the problems were so minor. I do remember that whenever we called they came right over, unlike Rollup, which basically told us we shouldnt expect fast service because theyre so big.

You might be wondering why we switched. Frankly, so are we. The only reason we did was that when it came time to replace our old awning due to age and wear and tear, Rollup convinced us that they had a revolutionary internal cleaning system that our old awning lacked. Whether they have that or not, though, it sure wasnt worth it. We’d much rather have the awning cleaned occasionally than get something as fragile as the Rollup awning, which was either defectively made or defectively installed, and then have to deal with a company that refuses to stand behind its product or its workmanship.

We are so happy with our new awning. Rollup Awning did a great job. They are courteous & when they give you a date & time they stick to it. Clean-up after the job was done & I would highly recommend them.

Rollup Awnings

We truly appreciate you taking the time to let us know how happy you are with Rollup Awnings. We are thrilled you chose us to manufacture your custom made retractable tube awning. We hope you enjoy many years in the shade under your Rollup Awning!

Original review: March 11, 2017

We needed some more shade in the backyard and Rollup Awnings had a better presentation than another company I looked at. We went to their store to purchase the awning and there were some choices. We picked what we liked and what went with the other furniture. After we purchased the awning, they put everything up when I wasn't home. I was very pleased with them and the awning works great. It always does what it needs to do and it has an electric switch that they put inside the house. From start to finish, it was a quick and easy experience and they did a beautiful job.

Rollup Awnings

Thank you so much your your feedback. We at Rollup Awnings are happy you chose us again for your retractable awning needs. We have developed a front bar drop shade that may alleviate the issue you are having with the sun. Please call our office at your earliest convenience.

Thank you again.

Original review: March 5, 2017

We've been dealing with Rollup Awnings for many years. I replaced one awning once then I bought another one for a different part of the house. Rollup was very good and responsive. They came to the house, we showed them the situation, purchased the awning and they did it. They were very accommodating. They picked the color and the fabric. They did a good job and that's what counts. Both of the awnings were very similar to each other as far as how they were constructed. The only thing I don't like about it is when the sun gets later in the afternoon, it goes around the house and then sneaks in under the awning from the side. But there's not much that I can do with that and it's not their fault.

I have a deck at the back of my home and it faces west. The deck is unusable in the summer afternoon because it was too hot. I liked the design that Rollup Awnings had on the framework of their awning so I purchased an awning from them that has a gear motor and was activated by a remote. I also chose one of their fabrics and I'm very happy with the whole awning. The crew that came to install it was very professional, did a good job and cleaned up after everything. Everything went very smoothly from start to finish. I've had it for a couple of years now and it continues to work very well and everything is as it should be. I'm very satisfied.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rollup Awnings?

The birds messed up our first awning from Rollup. We then went into their store and looked them over for our second one. We were able to pick out the color and how we wanted it. Everything was there so we told the man that we liked what we saw and we wanted to get one. It is automatic, but then they also gave the crank too. I felt pretty good because we enjoy it a lot especially on a nice sunny day when the sun is too hot and we're having a function out on the deck. We use the awning so the sun doesn't get into people's face or into their eyes. We just press the button then the thing rolls out and we're covered. It's very good.

We purchased from Rollup Awnings as the afternoon sun in our backyard is brutal and it will cook me if I want to sit out there. With the installation, I had my electrician do the electrical box. When the sun sets and I sit down to eat, the sun is right in my eyes. Rollup Awnings sells a screen which I can hang at the bottom of the awning, so that it makes almost like a 90-degree angle to catch that sun going sideways, and I'm thinking about doing that. I am satisfied with the product and the service and I would definitely recommend them.

I was needing a new awning so I went online and SunSetter started to send me a lot of information but Rollup advertised in the paper and also, if there was a problem, they were local at Long Island, so that's where I decided to go. With the other companies, I would have had to take it off, mail it back and it would have been a real production.

So I went to the showroom in Hempstead and decided how much to order. We were early in the season and I got a discount. I had the remote opener so that was flown in. Also, I had to pick material and there was it was a whole wall of materials and a separate little easel with different materials that were remnants. The one that I liked the best was enough for my awnings and my deck wasn't tremendous so it worked. It was stripes and the seams were perfectly done.

They came to me with the final measurements and to look at my house to see where they were gonna put the electricity. Everything was totally professional and when they said they were gonna be there, they were on-time. They were fabulous to deal with. My house faces the south and west and if that awning wasn't up, I could probably fry eggs on the floor of my dining room that's in there. I have recommended Rollup.

We had added a deck on the back of our house and we thought putting an awning there would be nice to help us use the deck more. I live about a mile away from Rollup Awnings' place of business and my experience with them has been great. The team at Rollup Awnings was very good too. They threw in the manual crank for the awning. The only bad thing was that the battery went dead in three months and they told me I had to replace it myself.

I called Rollup Awnings and they came. I also decided to go with them because of the quality of their equipment, their fabric and also the mechanics. We picked out the fabric and the colors and they did a great job. The service was good. I’ve had the awning for about two years now and never had a problem. I’m in the Hamptons. So the water's 50 feet in front of my house, but when the sun rises in the morning I get direct sunlight all day long from seven in the morning until six at night. My decking would get so hot one couldn’t even stand on it. But putting the awning was the best thing I did especially that I have babies. I could go out at the deck even in the rain and if it’s too hot I could put the awning out, which keeps the house cooler. The awning is large with 22 feet long by 15 feet out and it also covers part of my Jacuzzi. It’s a very good product and if I buy another house, I’m going to use them again. I’m very happy.

Rollup Awnings had a lot of different colors that you could choose from. I've had their awning for five years and it's still in good shape. I’m really satisfied with the product, 100%.

We needed some shade in the back and decided to purchase an awning. A friend did more of the investigation that I did and they came up with a very good report of Rollup Awnings. I talked to people at their main office and they were very good and responded quickly. The salesperson was a little bit blah, blah, blah but he did all right. We bought an awning with a power switch and we sit underneath it and have a great time.

It’s too hot on my back porch, so the sun beats on it. I don’t have any trees in the back, so I bought the awning. The guy from Rollup Awnings was nice when he came. But the awning didn’t work at one point. I guess it was because the outlet got wet. I didn’t know I had to reset the outlet. Other than that, Rollup was great to work with. They came when I asked them to and only took them a couple of hours to put everything up. The team worked together and they were terrific.

My deck has a Southern exposure, and it was unbearable to sit outside during midday. I was driving down the street, saw Rollup Awnings, and liked their colors and patterns so I bought from them. I like the awning. However, the last six inches are grimy and dirty because they don't get rolled up and I'm not happy with that part. But aside from that, it's okay. It does what it's supposed to. I'm able to sit outside during the heat of the day in the midsummer.

I took out a tree and I need a shade. I called Rollup Awnings and got an estimate. It was a reasonable price and they were available to do it. I had an electric motor and it was the standard fabric that matches the color of the house. We use it every year sitting on the deck by the pool. The team at Rollup Awnings was really great and they even recommended a good electrician to put the electric on.

I liked Rollup Awnings' design where the whole thing rolled up into an enclosed cape. It was a great design and I wanted one for my backyard. I purchased it four years ago and it's been a positive experience. I'm very satisfied. The product works well and when I press the button, it can go up or go down.

Rollup Awnings is a good product, compared to others. I've also had very pleasant interactions with their team. They put the awning nice and it works well. It was altogether a very good experience with Rollup Awnings.

The umbrella wasn’t doing the job in our backyard, so we decided to purchase an awning. We went to Rollup Awnings and liked what they had. However, I had to wait for three weeks for the team at Rollup Awnings to come and fix it when it needed to be repaired. We use our awning when we have parties. We’re happy we got it as we get good use out of it.

The rollup awning in the house we bought was getting old. We looked up Rollup out in Holbrook and took a ride out there. We had our original papers from the ex-homeowner and Rollup Awnings came to the house and removed the awning. They serviced it and reinstalled it. We had a little discrepancy with the switch and they gave me a switch for it. We had a little problem with the leveling, they came back and leveled it. The team was professional. I had no problem. It's a great product and there's no doubt about it. It's a little pricey but my awning was 20 years old and it worked as good as they were installed. Now I got new skin on it and it's like brand new awning.

A relative of ours had her house broken into and since we were about to go on vacation, we thought that Rollup Awnings was a good idea. We now have the awning in the kitchen going into the deck of the backyard. When we had a problem two months ago, our interactions with their team have been very good. They came when they said they would and were able to fix the broken latch. But I was told our awning's latch lasted a long time. It wasn't supposed to last as long as ours did so we got a lot of use out of it. We are very pleased with Rollup Awnings and I definitely would recommend them to anybody.

We purchased a Rollup awning late August and had it installed right before labor day weekend. From the start everything was great. The salesman was helpful and explained everything to my husband and I in detail. (They even have things for the kids to play with while you shop.) The salesman put a kids show on a computer my toddler to watch too. The team who came to do the installation were prompt. They explained how to use the awning and the care involved to keep our awning like new. Since the installation we couldn't be happier. We use the awning all the time. Our neighbors and friends have also complemented us on it.

Thank you for extending our time outside.

We had Rollup Awnings come in our home and present to us. We liked the product and we bought it. The reps who came were knowledgeable and answered all questions. They gave us all the information about the product and how well it's manufactured, and all other good stuff. We went with the automatic open and close, and we picked a nice fabric that was available. The installation went very smoothly and the awning is exactly what we wanted. It takes the temperature in the kitchen area down tremendously, and we now don't have an issue with our composite deck getting extremely hot.

We had a deck and decided that it was hot out there in the summer. I did some research on Rollup Awnings and they seemed to have the best product. I got the one with the motor where I don't have to crank it. Their reps were fine and everything was good.

We were originally going to buy a SunSetter because it was the brand we knew of. Then the PennySaver or one of the local insert papers came and Rollup Awnings' ad was in there. We went into the store and the gentleman who sold us the unit was why we chose it because we really believed that the quality of the product was so much better than the other products in the marketplace. He was very helpful and he really made the decision a lot easier for us. We've only had it for a short period of time but we're very happy with it. We've used it for family parties, functions and dinners. It's getting us to eat outside more. It's been great. The quality looks exceptional and it's pretty. I was concerned that SunSetter would look old because it's old school and kind of like grandma's house, but it's not.

The awning that I used to have broke down. I walked in at Rollup Awnings and the salesman was very excellent. He gave me suggestions on what I should get - which one is good and which one is best. I took what he offered which was the one that rolls into a pipe. I had the material customized so he came to our house and my wife picked out the material which is excellent so far. Everything has been fine. I use the awning all the time.

I had a deck before that was destroyed and razed after Sandy. My new one is up higher and it’s a much larger deck, and the sun hits the side of the house so I figured I needed an awning. We looked around where I live and we found out that Rollup was used in quite a few homes in the area. When we went there, the manager was very helpful and we liked the way he explained everything. The people who installed it were also very nice. Everybody knew what they were doing. They came when they said they were going to come so I was very satisfied with everything.

We have the electric awning from Rollup that opens and closes. We were able to get a discount for the fabric because there were some available that customers had ordered and they were either too small or too big. So we were able to take advantage of something that we found in that category. We used it over the Labor Day weekend. I had company and it was very sunny out, so I was very happy I had the awning.

I like Rollup Awnings. They have the one that's concealed and rolls into itself. They give me a fabric choice and I got a book to pick from. I have my choices of what kind of rollup I want and I can go for a cheaper one. I chose to go for a decent and the most expensive one because I don't like replacing it every couple of years. I like the material and I use the awning almost every day. It was all a very good experience working with them, so I'm very happy with it. My friends already use them and everybody seems to be happy.

My wife and I thought having an awning would be a good thing for our backyard. We chose Rollup Awnings since the product is made here. We picked out the colors and chose an awning that works with a remote control. The whole thing tucks away in the winter time, so we don’t have anything exposed. We’re a little disappointed with the people who did the site check and also the installation group. They told us that they were going to set an appointment up in the morning and then they called the night before and told us it was going to be in the afternoon. They ended up showing up in the morning. My wife and I both work so we had to schedule around that and it was a little difficult. Luckily, my wife was able to get back over for the install.

They did a site check and never really checked the surface of the bricks. When the installer came, he told us that the bricks were loose and that it may not hold the awning. Then the installer put the motor on the wrong side of the awning, which we didn’t change, and we paid the electrician an extra $400 to run a line behind the awning down to the electric. This would be a big issue for us if we ever choose a company again. Otherwise, everything was good and the awning works great. The only time we use it is if it’s sunny out and we want to stay back down and have food.

I don't have any shade on my back deck and it's too sunny so I got an awning from Rollup. Other awning companies, like SunSetters for instance, farm out to different retail stores that have representatives there and I didn't like that because there was a disconnect - a middleman - and that's basically why I chose to go with Rollup Awnings. Their team is very professional, and I also got to choose the fabric. They have an electrician, staff, salesman, and installers, so it's not like you have to contact different people to get a job done. Everything is done on Rollup's premises, their own factory and that's a better way to do business. They're very hands-on and it clearly is a more professional operation. Rollup is excellent.

It's summer and I already need an awning. And when a friend showed me Rollup Awnings, I loved it and I got the one that works with the remote. I use it everyday then bring it in at night. The Rollup team did a very good job and I'd recommend them to a friend. My experience has been wonderful. It's worked perfect.

Rollup Awnings Company Profile