Servicing New York City & Long Island

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I got tired of throwing umbrellas out so we purchased an awning and Rollup Awnings was contracted for our development. We had two choices of colors since ours is a townhouse development. It has to be uniform so we had to go with what was decided on years ago. I called Rollup Awnings, the guy came and showed me the colors. I said, "This is what I want. Can you install it?" And that was the end of that. All in all, it was quick and they did great.

I can't be in the sun anymore since I'm on a medication. My backyard is all sun, so we figured an awning was better than an umbrella. We found Rollup Awnings was number one on Long Island. We went with them since with the other company, I would have to order it, then shipped to me, and do it myself. Rollup Awnings has a nice showroom. We went there to see the different colors, and they explained different types and prices. The sales rep was nice and explained everything well.

Then they sent people out and do the installation and they were awesome. They recommended an electrician that could hook up the awning for me and he was good. Everything was perfect. The awning has been installed for a month and it's been great. All I have to do is push a button and it goes right out. Then if it gets windy or rainy, I just bring it right back in. I don't even have to go outside and do anything. Nice and simple. Anybody could use it. I would highly recommend Rollup Awnings.

We decided to have some replacements in the backyard, and rather than getting an umbrella, we just went with an awning, which would be better. It will really help us to enjoy the space better because we get the full sun in the backyard. Nobody would ever sit in the area that we put it because the umbrella didn't do the job. We’ve heard about Rollup awnings from a few people, so we decided to purchase from them since it is a family-owned business. Their salesman was very good and knowledgeable, and their installation people were also very knowledgeable and friendly. The awning came with the manual and automatic, and then we chose the cover for it. We had its fabric and style customized. However, since it's been cold and raining in New York, we have yet to open it. On the whole, it was a very good experience.

We were very happy with our retractable awning. The salesman was accurate and the installation department came on time and installed our awning very quickly. The electrician was very diligent in coming and installing the switch to open the awning. It is beautiful and we are very happy with it. All in all it was a very pleasant experience.

We wanted a different use of our deck and so we thought of getting an awning. We have been around to a few awning places and we saw Rollup Awnings’ advertisement in the paper. Their salesman at the showroom was excellent and very helpful. We got an awning with gear motor. Their installation crew was also on time. We were very happy with our experience with Rollup Awnings. It was wonderful.

In the late afternoon I would always move umbrellas and got sick and tired of that, so I bought an awning. Rollup Awnings is the best. We talked to a few builders and most of them were going with them. They said that's the best company on the East End of Long Island. We went there, talked to one of the owners, and he impressed me with the way he was handling the whole affair. We decided to go and have the job done and they performed right on schedule. They came here, did a super job installing, then later the electrician came to hook everything up and it works perfectly. I have the automatic, remote control, where the whole awning disappears in the winter, well-protected from the outside world. It's custom-made. It looks great and people are impressed when they see. Two people who saw it said they might even consider doing the same thing I did. The experience was top notch from the introduction to the end.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rollup Awnings?

It was getting hot on my deck because of too much sun. I went to Rollup Awnings’ local showroom to purchase a new awning and I spoke to their salesman and worked a deal. I picked my fabric and they installed it. It was a simple process. Rollup Awnings delivered what they had promised and I’ve had no problems with the awning. It's perfectly fine. When we sit out on our deck, we roll it out to keep the sun from beating on us. Unfortunately, the birds like to nest in it.

We are so happy with our Rollup Awning! Greg came to demonstrate the product (a fantastic demonstration, he is so knowledgeable and enthusiastic about the product!). We selected the color (so many to choose from!), he measured and explained the installation process. The installers were polite and competent. We are so happy with our awning! Rollup is the company you want to do business with! They know what they're doing, and they care about making you happy! We're pretty finicky, by nature, and have nothing but praise for Rollup and for Greg. You'll be happy with them, too.

We moved to a new house and we wanted to have the same look as the Rollup Awnings at our other house. So, we got the same size but different color for the new awning. I called Greg because we had a relationship from the first house, and he came over. We initially wanted to do one over the walkout. And then, we suggested to do and cover a bunch of other windows, so we went with a bigger size than we were initially gonna do. It's the 20-foot standard size. The installers were great. I didn't like the pitch initially. But they went back up and changed the pitch. So, it's a good experience. They're pricey, but it's a great product. My backyard has a huge built-in pool, a lot of landscaping and the sun shines that way for a good part of the day. We didn't want to have the shades down and not being able to see that. So, the awning down covers that and it's just a beautiful sight.

My son has Rollup Awnings that's an older one in the house he bought. We have a nice deck and it's very sunny in the back so we decided to get one too. We used it on Sunday, but it was very, very windy so we had to not use it. We've had it a couple of years now. It's still working well except when we couldn't use it.

I would never recommend this company. My husband and I bought their awning and it was installed around the July 4th Weekend of last year (2016). By Labor Day Weekend it collapsed! We had a very hard time scheduling a speedy inspection (they defended their delay by saying, "We're a big company with lots of installations"). When they did come they said it was our fault ("because you let it get rained on") and that we had to pay them $800 to have it repaired, even though we’d had the awning only two months.

We had our previous awning for over 10 years, made by a local company. Occasionally it got rained on (sometimes thats unavoidable), but the rain never damaged the awning. From time to time we needed service, but I hardly remember because the problems were so minor. I do remember that whenever we called they came right over, unlike Rollup, which basically told us we shouldnt expect fast service because theyre so big.

You might be wondering why we switched. Frankly, so are we. The only reason we did was that when it came time to replace our old awning due to age and wear and tear, Rollup convinced us that they had a revolutionary internal cleaning system that our old awning lacked. Whether they have that or not, though, it sure wasnt worth it. We’d much rather have the awning cleaned occasionally than get something as fragile as the Rollup awning, which was either defectively made or defectively installed, and then have to deal with a company that refuses to stand behind its product or its workmanship.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We are so happy with our new awning. Rollup Awning did a great job. They are courteous & when they give you a date & time they stick to it. Clean-up after the job was done & I would highly recommend them.

Rollup Awnings

We truly appreciate you taking the time to let us know how happy you are with Rollup Awnings. We are thrilled you chose us to manufacture your custom made retractable tube awning. We hope you enjoy many years in the shade under your Rollup Awning!

Original review: March 11, 2017

We needed some more shade in the backyard and Rollup Awnings had a better presentation than another company I looked at. We went to their store to purchase the awning and there were some choices. We picked what we liked and what went with the other furniture. After we purchased the awning, they put everything up when I wasn't home. I was very pleased with them and the awning works great. It always does what it needs to do and it has an electric switch that they put inside the house. From start to finish, it was a quick and easy experience and they did a beautiful job.

Rollup Awnings

Thank you so much your your feedback. We at Rollup Awnings are happy you chose us again for your retractable awning needs. We have developed a front bar drop shade that may alleviate the issue you are having with the sun. Please call our office at your earliest convenience.

Thank you again.

Original review: March 5, 2017

We've been dealing with Rollup Awnings for many years. I replaced one awning once then I bought another one for a different part of the house. Rollup was very good and responsive. They came to the house, we showed them the situation, purchased the awning and they did it. They were very accommodating. They picked the color and the fabric. They did a good job and that's what counts. Both of the awnings were very similar to each other as far as how they were constructed. The only thing I don't like about it is when the sun gets later in the afternoon, it goes around the house and then sneaks in under the awning from the side. But there's not much that I can do with that and it's not their fault.

I have a deck at the back of my home and it faces west. The deck is unusable in the summer afternoon because it was too hot. I liked the design that Rollup Awnings had on the framework of their awning so I purchased an awning from them that has a gear motor and was activated by a remote. I also chose one of their fabrics and I'm very happy with the whole awning. The crew that came to install it was very professional, did a good job and cleaned up after everything. Everything went very smoothly from start to finish. I've had it for a couple of years now and it continues to work very well and everything is as it should be. I'm very satisfied.

The birds messed up our first awning from Rollup. We then went into their store and looked them over for our second one. We were able to pick out the color and how we wanted it. Everything was there so we told the man that we liked what we saw and we wanted to get one. It is automatic, but then they also gave the crank too. I felt pretty good because we enjoy it a lot especially on a nice sunny day when the sun is too hot and we're having a function out on the deck. We use the awning so the sun doesn't get into people's face or into their eyes. We just press the button then the thing rolls out and we're covered. It's very good.

We purchased from Rollup Awnings as the afternoon sun in our backyard is brutal and it will cook me if I want to sit out there. With the installation, I had my electrician do the electrical box. When the sun sets and I sit down to eat, the sun is right in my eyes. Rollup Awnings sells a screen which I can hang at the bottom of the awning, so that it makes almost like a 90-degree angle to catch that sun going sideways, and I'm thinking about doing that. I am satisfied with the product and the service and I would definitely recommend them.

I was needing a new awning so I went online and SunSetter started to send me a lot of information but Rollup advertised in the paper and also, if there was a problem, they were local at Long Island, so that's where I decided to go. With the other companies, I would have had to take it off, mail it back and it would have been a real production.

So I went to the showroom in Hempstead and decided how much to order. We were early in the season and I got a discount. I had the remote opener so that was flown in. Also, I had to pick material and there was it was a whole wall of materials and a separate little easel with different materials that were remnants. The one that I liked the best was enough for my awnings and my deck wasn't tremendous so it worked. It was stripes and the seams were perfectly done.

They came to me with the final measurements and to look at my house to see where they were gonna put the electricity. Everything was totally professional and when they said they were gonna be there, they were on-time. They were fabulous to deal with. My house faces the south and west and if that awning wasn't up, I could probably fry eggs on the floor of my dining room that's in there. I have recommended Rollup.

We had added a deck on the back of our house and we thought putting an awning there would be nice to help us use the deck more. I live about a mile away from Rollup Awnings' place of business and my experience with them has been great. The team at Rollup Awnings was very good too. They threw in the manual crank for the awning. The only bad thing was that the battery went dead in three months and they told me I had to replace it myself.

I called Rollup Awnings and they came. I also decided to go with them because of the quality of their equipment, their fabric and also the mechanics. We picked out the fabric and the colors and they did a great job. The service was good. I’ve had the awning for about two years now and never had a problem. I’m in the Hamptons. So the water's 50 feet in front of my house, but when the sun rises in the morning I get direct sunlight all day long from seven in the morning until six at night. My decking would get so hot one couldn’t even stand on it. But putting the awning was the best thing I did especially that I have babies. I could go out at the deck even in the rain and if it’s too hot I could put the awning out, which keeps the house cooler. The awning is large with 22 feet long by 15 feet out and it also covers part of my Jacuzzi. It’s a very good product and if I buy another house, I’m going to use them again. I’m very happy.

Rollup Awnings had a lot of different colors that you could choose from. I've had their awning for five years and it's still in good shape. I’m really satisfied with the product, 100%.

We needed some shade in the back and decided to purchase an awning. A friend did more of the investigation that I did and they came up with a very good report of Rollup Awnings. I talked to people at their main office and they were very good and responded quickly. The salesperson was a little bit blah, blah, blah but he did all right. We bought an awning with a power switch and we sit underneath it and have a great time.

It’s too hot on my back porch, so the sun beats on it. I don’t have any trees in the back, so I bought the awning. The guy from Rollup Awnings was nice when he came. But the awning didn’t work at one point. I guess it was because the outlet got wet. I didn’t know I had to reset the outlet. Other than that, Rollup was great to work with. They came when I asked them to and only took them a couple of hours to put everything up. The team worked together and they were terrific.

My deck has a Southern exposure, and it was unbearable to sit outside during midday. I was driving down the street, saw Rollup Awnings, and liked their colors and patterns so I bought from them. I like the awning. However, the last six inches are grimy and dirty because they don't get rolled up and I'm not happy with that part. But aside from that, it's okay. It does what it's supposed to. I'm able to sit outside during the heat of the day in the midsummer.

I took out a tree and I need a shade. I called Rollup Awnings and got an estimate. It was a reasonable price and they were available to do it. I had an electric motor and it was the standard fabric that matches the color of the house. We use it every year sitting on the deck by the pool. The team at Rollup Awnings was really great and they even recommended a good electrician to put the electric on.

I liked Rollup Awnings' design where the whole thing rolled up into an enclosed cape. It was a great design and I wanted one for my backyard. I purchased it four years ago and it's been a positive experience. I'm very satisfied. The product works well and when I press the button, it can go up or go down.

Rollup Awnings is a good product, compared to others. I've also had very pleasant interactions with their team. They put the awning nice and it works well. It was altogether a very good experience with Rollup Awnings.

The umbrella wasn’t doing the job in our backyard, so we decided to purchase an awning. We went to Rollup Awnings and liked what they had. However, I had to wait for three weeks for the team at Rollup Awnings to come and fix it when it needed to be repaired. We use our awning when we have parties. We’re happy we got it as we get good use out of it.

We had three awning groups come in but the description and the type of awning that Rollup Awnings had was self-contained. There was a whole lot of features and it really cost more. The longevity of it and the way it was made just blew the other ones away. Their owner came by and was very knowledgeable. The awning looks great and it's fabulous because it's remote control. We open it up and it covers the entire patio so we're going to put a second one in.

Rollup Awnings has been around and is a good solid family company. I got an electric awning and everything's fantastic. Though there was an issue with it, they came out and replaced the whole material for free. The owner came out and analyze the situation and expedited to get it done for the July 4th holiday which was unbelievable for the turnaround time. Working with the people at Rollup have been very good, all around. They contact you prior and keep you informed. It's a good product and I'm very happy with my experience with them.

The rollup awning in the house we bought was getting old. We looked up Rollup out in Holbrook and took a ride out there. We had our original papers from the ex-homeowner and Rollup Awnings came to the house and removed the awning. They serviced it and reinstalled it. We had a little discrepancy with the switch and they gave me a switch for it. We had a little problem with the leveling, they came back and leveled it. The team was professional. I had no problem. It's a great product and there's no doubt about it. It's a little pricey but my awning was 20 years old and it worked as good as they were installed. Now I got new skin on it and it's like brand new awning.

Rollup Awnings Company Profile