It's that easy Request Information
4.81/5

Servicing New York City & Long Island

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Since 1979, Rollup Awning has provided quality products and awning services in the Long Island area. Rollup Awning retractable deck awnings are designed to operate by remote control, timer, or wind sensing operation. Our top quality deck awnings are available in different patterns and colors to transform your patio and deck.

Rollup Awnings provides a number of services that include: motor replacement, moving awnings, fabric repair and recovering. We will deliver and professionally install your awning so your family can stay covered from the sun or rain. Rollup Awning also offers shutters and storm panels for your home. Call today to learn more!

View More View More

423 Rollup Awnings Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

Rollup Awnings was local to my hometown and my experience with them was fantastic, from the sales to the actual installation with the exception of making a request of being able to extend the awning past the chimney. During the sales, I was told I wouldn’t be able to because it wouldn’t go past it without a special kind of device and there would be a lot of money involved. However, now that the awning is installed by the same group of guys who did the site survey, there is at least 2 to 3 inches that they could’ve bypassed the chimney so they could’ve extended it even further. They could’ve bypassed the chimney without doing anything special.

Get expert buying tips about Awnings delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

We have a lot of sun so we needed an awning and we had been talking about it for a few years. The promotion and the time were right so we contacted Rollup Awnings. It was a little difficult to get through to them initially on the phone. But the salesperson I talked to was helpful. She arranged for a person to come out and he was good. He had a book with him showing the different awning styles. We went over the numbers and he did the measurements. We had also already done a bit of research on the mechanism of the retractable awning so we knew a bit about that. Afterwards, they did an excellent job of installing the awning and the mechanism of it is fantastic. It's really well-done and well-designed.

But people have to understand where the awning is going and how much sun it's gonna block, and be comfortable with that. We're definitely western-facing and later in the day, the sun is lower. The awning doesn't block as much sun as I thought it would. From 12 to 3, it's fine but a little later in the day, the sun is too low. We're not using our awning 99% of the time so I gotta wonder if it's worth the investment. It was a lot of money so I didn't want a permanent one. But maybe I would have made a different choice. Really, it comes down to me and how much I use it. But other than that, the Rollup awning is great. It works fine and it looks like a quality product.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

I wanted to have an awning instead of having to put up a canopy all the time. I got tired of putting up the deck every summer. My daughter looked up at all the stuff for me and I ended up getting an awning from Rollup Awnings. The installation went very well and I'm very happy with the unit that I got. I use it for the shade outside if I'm having company. If not, it's rolled up. I would recommend Rollup Awnings.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

We had an awning when we bought our house and I thought it was gonna last, but it didn't. It was ripped. We went over to Rollup Awnings to see what it would cost to get a replacement canvass for the awning we had, and it was almost as much as a new awning. It was going to be a little more for the new awning which was much nicer and better constructed than the one I had.

I placed the order and a guy came. He surveyed the job. Parts were ordered and about two weeks later after they were ordered, installers came and were in and out in about an hour. I got the awning that retracts into a tube so everything is all sealed up. The old one I had just rolled up and was open to the elements and the birds liked to nest up there. With our new awning, we don’t have that problem anymore. If anybody is in the market, I would recommend Rollup Awnings. They did a good job for me. I'm a happy customer.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

A Rollup Awnings salesperson came and made a presentation about the need and what the cost was, and convinced us that they were the best product. We selected what we wanted and the installers were very quick. We're very satisfied with our decision to go with Rollup Awnings.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rollup Awnings?

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

Buying an awning was a two-year process for me because I just didn’t have the funds. My wife and I had a discussion and I had Rollup Awnings come out. The guy was really informative and he brought a small awning to show me what it would look like. I was impressed with the way he explained how it was different from other awnings. The guy came back out and finalized everything. He had the material with him and he did the demonstration. I had to pick out if I wanted the awning to be motorized, what color I wanted, and what size. He measured all that stuff. They then came out and installed the awning. It was all perfect and ready.

Prior to the installation, I asked how long it was gonna take. I guess they told me more time just to be safe, but it was actually way less time than what they said. My awning is a standard size and they said it was gonna take two hours max for the installation. But it was really like 45 minutes to an hour. It was quick and the guys knew what they were doing. I'd tell a friend 100% to go with Rollup Awnings. It's expensive but it is definitely great for what I use it for which is for a deck.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

We wanted an awning and we liked the warranty that Rollup Awnings offered and the product itself. Their sales rep was wonderful. He had a lot of expertise and was on point. He didn’t waste our time and did a good job of explaining everything. We got their standard size awning and its color was something from their fabric collection. The installation team was excellent. They worked very quickly and they knew what they were doing. Rollup Awnings was very accommodating even when we needed to call them over the phone, telling us what time they would arrive. We're extremely satisfied with them.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

I was looking for awnings and had first seen the SunSetter, but when I was looking up places to go and look at awnings, I found Rollup Awnings. I was talking to my son and his wife about it and her parents used Rollup, so, since they had a good experience and I saw good experiences on Facebook, we went with them. I knew what I wanted and we went into the showroom. The people at Rollup Awnings were very helpful. They explained the different options and I told them what I was looking for, and it was an easy process. However, it took a little while to get it going. I thought we would have the awning in a few weeks, but there was a problem, which was not a big deal because we got the awning. It just took a little longer than expected.

The installers did not make a mess during installation. I went to the tracks for my walk and by the time I came back, the awning was up and they had shown my husband how to work it. It was great. Then, the electrician that they had told us about came the very next morning and he hooked up the power. We’ve had no problem with it and I love it. It’s like a whole room back there and it’s wonderful. It has good quality. My daughter-in-law’s parents have had it over 10 years and they don’t have a problem with it at all. It still goes in and out like it’s supposed to. I would definitely recommend Rollup Awnings. In fact, I had told my daughter about it and if and when she is ready, she would go there.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

I saw Rollup Awnings in an the advertisement in the paper and I liked the design that they had there. So, I bought from them and their reps were very good including their installers who explained to me what they were gonna do, why they were doing it, and took care of it. I have the product since mid-summer and I haven’t used it a lot, but the couple times I used it, it was nice. It worked without any problems and did exactly what it was supposed to. It looks like it’s gonna stay for a number of years, which is good, and I’m not complaining about the cost. I would tell others to go look at it and talk to them about it.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

I have a TV in my backyard with the patio set but I really couldn’t use it much with the heat. So we needed to figure out a way to block the heat and I thought a patio awning would be good. I put a brand new automatic awning on from Rollup Awnings and I was comfortable with the whole process from start to finish. The salesman was very good and informative. Then the installers were very good as well. We watched World Cup soccer together on the backyard TV while they were doing stuff. So all in all, it was a very good experience. The customer service is good as well. The awning blocks the glare on the TV and it also keeps the sun out so we’re able to be outside longer. It did a good job over the summer and all in all, it’s done exactly what I thought it would do.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

I've used the awning once or twice and it seems to be good. It’s a simple unit. It’s a freestanding thing on your roof, and it goes out and retracts. That’s it. There are no support poles. You order the color, the width and whether you want to get the electric motor. I got the electric motor one and Rollup Awnings did a nice job installing it. The people were friendly and very clean in installing it.

But in about a month's time, I realized that I had used it only once or twice and yet it was about six inches away from totally sucking in. I called up about it and they told me that this happens all the time. Their fabric is stretching and they do one complimentary tightening up of it. But after that, you’re on your own. They said that I would just have to use the hand crank to crank it all the way in. That didn't sound right.

That aside, my overall experience was very good. I dealt with a very personable guy. In fact, he would do good in the used car field. He would sell a lot of used cars. Three weeks later, I went in to talk to him about something and he totally ignored me. But he was a really nice and friendly guy. The awning is also very overpriced for what it is but everything was out in the open with that. So it’s really my own fault. But really, everything was good and I would recommend them.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

We just put up a deck and decided to get an awning. Rollup Awnings guarantee their quality, which I hope to be the truth. We selected what we wanted to do from the things they had available in their presentation. Then, all went very well during the installation. They were very cordial and professional. We had a good experience with Rollup Awnings up to this point. We're very happy. It comes down by pushing the buttons and there it is.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

My son-in-law bought an awning from Rollup Awnings for their outside den and he referred them to us. Their people are very knowledgeable and they know what they would do. I had one problem after a heavy wind and rainstorm and the reps came and fixed it up.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

My awning had broken and I could never get it fixed. The person who did it the first time said that that piece of mechanism was discontinued. I had the awning in the backyard and there's no shade there whatsoever so I needed the awning for shading. At the time, Rollup Awnings was offering something good and they said that they have been in business for a while. I also had a lot of options to choose from. The installers were very nice people also. As the work was going on, there were conversations a few times about it and I had no problem. So far, the quality of the awning has been very good.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

My daughter bought from Rollup Awnings and she got mine. She was very happy. The awning has a good price and good quality. The installation team were also nice, very efficient and very quick. They told us the delivery time and everything went smooth. We enjoy the awning because it’s very beautiful. It really made the porch look very elegant.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

I've been wanting to purchase an awning for the backyard and Rollup Awnings had the best product. I went to their showroom, I picked out the colors and the sizes, and then they came in one morning and installed it in about a couple of hours. It's a standard electric-powered awning that has a remote control and provides good shade in the back. Overall, Rollup Awning is very good and I'll tell others to get one.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

I’m using the deck more, so it earns it like 10 to 2. My dad had a Rollup Awnings installed 15 years ago and I liked the quality of his awning and his experience with it. Getting the awning was fine, professional, accurate on timing and cleaning. I use the awning to sit and relax outdoors.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

My patio was redone and I got patio furniture. I bought an awning so I could sit outside on my patio. I went to Rollup's showroom and I picked out what I wanted. Their rep came out and measured. I also went down to the showroom to see the fabrics. Their fabrics are nice. I picked what I wanted, and when it was ready, the installers came out and did what they had to do. Communicating with their reps went perfectly. However, when their rep came to give me an estimate and measurements, he didn’t realize I had security cameras at my house so when the installers came to install, they told me they had to remove some of the cameras. I didn’t know anything about that and nobody told me that. They called the owner and told me not to worry. He would have his guys go here and remove them, and have somebody replace them for me at their cost. That was exactly what they did. Rollup worked with me.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

We have a backyard that's really sunny, so on the deck that we have, we wanted to put an awning over it. A Sunsetter Awnings rep came and he showed us the fabrics. We picked an automated model with blue, white and red stripes. The next step was measuring it. Then, we waited for the awning to come in and then they put it up which they did a very good job of. I met one of the owners who was a younger guy but he was a little off-color sometimes. He was being funny but it was a little inappropriate. It was nothing terrible though. Other than that, the product is very good. We have a big sunroom in the back and it gets very hot there. My elderly dad and mom are in there all the time and the awning makes it a lot better. All in all, Sunsetter was very easy to work with and they really seemed to know what they were talking about and I'd recommend them.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

I'm very satisfied with Rollup Awnings. It was $5,300 for an awning, which was pretty expensive. But you get what you pay for. I have a beautiful home on the golf course. I have a pool and an eating area where I have a table and four chairs. I wanted something other than an umbrella, because that blows out of the table sometimes and a lot of things could happen with that. I wanted something that would be more stable for me, being in my 95th year also.

A man came here for Rollup Awnings and he showed us what he would do and I just decided to go with him, and I'm glad I did because the awning is beautiful. The awning I got was all automatic. They could use it for advertising. It's that beautiful. They were wonderful people to work with. He was a perfect gentleman. There were no hitches, no gimmicks - just good interrelationship.

They did a a lot of good things for my awning and the awning cleans itself when it rolls up back out from being all the way out. I would recommend Rollup. Everybody loves the awning and says it's incredible. It feels like an outdoor room and it's such a comfortable feeling to sit there. I'm right by the pool and I can sit out there any time I want and have coffee or lunch.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

I used to have two trees but they were taken down and so I got a remote control awning from Rollup Awnings in a striped tan and burgundy color. I like that it's enclosed and I got more shade now. Rollup Awnings did a good job and I'd tell others to get one if they could afford it.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

We recently invested in an awning for our backyard deck. We researched several companies and found Rollup Awnings had a superior product in strength and durability. Our awning was installed 12 weeks ago and it has performed well, even in wind and rain. The sales team was friendly and helpful and most importantly, NOT high pressure, the installers were very professional. We are very pleased with our investment in our awning and in our choice of Rollup Awnings.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

My place lacked shade. I went to Rollup Awnings' showroom and saw something that I wanted. Working with their reps was all right and I wound up buying a regular awning. Other people should get one.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

Rollup Awnings in Holbrook NY has a great show room. The salesman was professional and very informative, and not high pressure. The product is high quality, you will not find a better build product. Installation was great, very neat. I highly recommend this product and company, 5 stars.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

We get a lot of sun in our backyard and I've seen the advertisements of Rollup Awnings in the newspaper. We wanted to go into them first but we still looked at a couple of different options before we went with them. From the purchase to the installation, everything went very well. I have no complaints and the awning is working very well. We've been very happy with the product so far, so all's good.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

The Rollup Awnings was very helpful when picking which awning to go with but the gentleman who was helping us in the showroom also came to do the measurements and he neglected to tell me about the placement and that there would be a possibility where it couldn’t go there. So when they installed it, the installers were not able to do it. However, there was no other option but to leave it or lose my deposit if I refused it. So, I kept it and spent all that money for pretty much a decoration 'cause it wouldn’t do what I was expecting it to do where the shade was gonna be. Other than that, everybody, even as far as the people who installed it, was fine. It’s a good product, but I’m not happy with where it is placed.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

I had a Rollup awning put in my former house 28 years ago. It was a large awning, so when I moved to the townhouse 10 years ago, I always had in mind to get a smaller awning on my small deck here. I finally got it done this year. In my house, I got the awning for the rain and shade. But here, I couldn’t put it up as the same angle, so I can only use it for shade, not in the rain. Still, it's wonderful. The two men that installed it were very good. They did a great job and they worked well together. The first guy that came to assess it and gave me the price made some errors, but they were corrected by the office. I've been very pleased with the Rollup product I got and working with the office as well.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

I had an excellent experience with Rollup Awnings. I made a dog run and the turf heated up to about 20 degrees hotter than anywhere else so I needed to protect the dogs from it. I did an internet search for awning companies and Rollup Awnings had positive reviews. Also, their customizations made sense and they didn’t push them down my throat. They told me that they could do this and that but I chose all the options.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

When I had an awning that needed to be replaced, I saw a Rollup Awnings ad and it made me think that they could do the job. The salesperson was great and I was able to make customizations to the unit. There was a nice selection of fabrics. The people who installed the unit were very nice. They came and installed the awning and it all went well. However, I'm less protected from the rain than I was with my old awning. The awning sits high off my roof. It has rained here a few times and the water comes through the fabric and it bounces off the roof. My old one held the rain off better. I wish the awning would stay a little drier when it rains.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

The Rollup Awnings place was right on Long Island and that's where I am. I’m also really glad this other awning company didn’t get back to me because I’ve found out that two of my friends have had Rollup Awning for years and have been 100% satisfied. And our experience with them has been absolutely phenomenal. The gentleman that showed me everything happened to be a part owner. I picked the scalloped edge awning and a very common color, and he said that it was one of the best colors. It’s called Fort Salonga, which happens to be a name of the town near me. I absolutely liked the appearance of what I picked. And I also like that I can roll it back manually in case of emergency. When they came to do the installation, they looked my house over and they were clean, neat and efficient. They also said that their stuff was guaranteed. They didn't leave a mess on my patio and they cleaned up every inch of the shaving from the metal.

I spend a lot of time outdoors. I'm always out there in my garden and I have a lot of sun on my patio. But I was recently diagnosed with cancer. So with Rollup, at least I have a place of refuge that I can sit down and relax. As soon as the sun comes up, I'm out there sitting under the awning and I have my breakfast out there in the morning. I really love the awning and I've recommended it to other people. It was more expensive than I thought, but it was worth it in the long run.

Rollup Awnings expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Rollup Awnings has been in business for over 30 years and has showrooms that customers can visit to see their products firsthand. They offer awning delivery and installation throughout Long Island.

• Customer service: Because Rollup is such a small business, they offer superior customer service to all of their clients.

• Warranties: Rollup offers excellent warranties to clients that cover damages and defect.

• Fabric variety: From solids to stripes, Rollup offers over 50 unique fabric options to the consumer.

• Service: Rollup is located on Long Island and offers service to customers, specifically residential ones, within the area. Services provided: Recovering, Moving, Awnings, Fabric Repair, Awning Repair, Motor Replacement, and Motor Conversions.

• Cost: Services can be expensive compared to other awning providers.

• Best for: Homeowners