Servicing New York City & Long Island

4.6/5 (463 ratings)

About Rollup Awnings

Since 1979, Rollup Awning has provided quality products and awning services in the Long Island area. Rollup Awning retractable deck awnings are designed to operate by remote control, timer, or wind sensing operation. Our top quality deck awnings are available in different patterns and colors to transform your patio and deck.

Rollup Awnings Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rollup Awnings?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rollup Awnings?

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

I had an excellent experience with Rollup Awnings. I made a dog run and the turf heated up to about 20 degrees hotter than anywhere else so I needed to protect the dogs from it. I did an internet search for awning companies and Rollup Awnings had positive reviews. Also, their customizations made sense and they didn’t push them down my throat. They told me that they could do this and that but I chose all the options.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

When I had an awning that needed to be replaced, I saw a Rollup Awnings ad and it made me think that they could do the job. The salesperson was great and I was able to make customizations to the unit. There was a nice selection of fabrics. The people who installed the unit were very nice. They came and installed the awning and it all went well. However, I'm less protected from the rain than I was with my old awning. The awning sits high off my roof. It has rained here a few times and the water comes through the fabric and it bounces off the roof. My old one held the rain off better. I wish the awning would stay a little drier when it rains.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

The Rollup Awnings place was right on Long Island and that's where I am. I’m also really glad this other awning company didn’t get back to me because I’ve found out that two of my friends have had Rollup Awning for years and have been 100% satisfied. And our experience with them has been absolutely phenomenal. The gentleman that showed me everything happened to be a part owner. I picked the scalloped edge awning and a very common color, and he said that it was one of the best colors. It’s called Fort Salonga, which happens to be a name of the town near me. I absolutely liked the appearance of what I picked. And I also like that I can roll it back manually in case of emergency. When they came to do the installation, they looked my house over and they were clean, neat and efficient. They also said that their stuff was guaranteed. They didn't leave a mess on my patio and they cleaned up every inch of the shaving from the metal.

I spend a lot of time outdoors. I'm always out there in my garden and I have a lot of sun on my patio. But I was recently diagnosed with cancer. So with Rollup, at least I have a place of refuge that I can sit down and relax. As soon as the sun comes up, I'm out there sitting under the awning and I have my breakfast out there in the morning. I really love the awning and I've recommended it to other people. It was more expensive than I thought, but it was worth it in the long run.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

There’s sun beating down on my deck and I have little baby grandsons, so I need shade. Rollup Awnings was recommended by a family member and working with the rep who came here was seamless and fine. He listened to my needs and pointed me in the right direction as far as the design. We use our awning every single day, and we roll it up every single night and when it rains.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

The salesman was very, very nice. I wanted an awning to go over my table and that was what I got. The installer was very nice too. I paid top dollar because I got the awning in the spring. I was very happy with Rollup, but I wasn’t happy with the price so much. I should have waited a little bit to get a better deal. I see the advertisements now and you get so much more off.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

Rollup Awnings seemed like they had a good product and the guy the came over did a great presentation. They did everything they said they were gonna do. They were on time and very professional. I was very, very happy with them. We use the awning every day and it's working great.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

I went through four canopies and after that, I wasn’t spending the money anymore on those. My next-door neighbor has Rollup Awnings and also, I saw it in the papers. We went to Rollup two years ago and they were wonderful which made us go back and purchase from them. We also went to SunSetter but everything about Rollup was manufactured so much better. I let the sales rep pick out the bricks around the pool. I told him the colors of my patio, my deck, my siding and my pool. I brought pieces at home and it matched my bricks, siding and window. It was perfect. The sun comes into my house so I put the awning out and I use them at parties too. People should get it.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

This is the second awning we have had over our back deck. It is the first time we used ROLLUP AWNINGS as a company. The representative was very upfront with his presentation and his display of samples that he brought with him. He made some very positive suggestions on what would be best for us. The finished product was ready to install even earlier than predicted. The two best things about the awning was the increase in size and the remote control for opening and closing. It's a lifesaver. The coordination between the company and the electrician was done in a very timely manner and all workers were extremely neat and efficient. We look forward to years of enjoyment with the awning and know that the company stands behind their product.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

I waited a long time to get an awning and Katherine really wanted one. I wanted to go with someone local and somebody that was made better. Rollup Awnings are on Long Island, they're made here and I heard good things about them so we bought one from them. The salesman was very helpful and everything was right on point. The installation was good, fast, efficient, and it works fine. We're very happy with it and I'd recommend them to anyone who wants to spend a lot of money.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

We had a Rollup awning about 20 years ago and we were very happy with it so we ordered a new one. I called on the phone and then we made an appointment. They came to the house, took the measurements, and we ordered. Their team was wonderful, too. If I will need one in the future, I will certainly go with Rollup again. The whole process was excellent.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

I went in randomly to the Rollup Awnings store and I happened to get there when they were showing an older couple a demonstration of their awning and I sat in on it. The salesman was absolutely terrific. He was very thorough and he explained everything for an hour and a half. They have a lot of patterns and quite a few fabric options. I bought an awning from them and they made an appointment. Then their men came when they were supposed to and they put the awning up, and they did the job cleanly and neatly.

The awning is terrific and I'm very happy with Rollup. But the only thing that I'm upset with them about was that they said they would send me a gift card if I sent a thing, but I've done that and nobody has responded to me in weeks. I've called them three times about this matter, but whenever I told the reps what I was calling for, they put me through to someone else who wasn't on the phone at the time. The young lady who is supposed to be in charge of the department never got back to me and I've been thinking of calling the owner who was really nice and telling her about this. Nevertheless, I would highly recommend Rollup Awnings.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

I have a new awning purchased from Rollup Awnings. Their construction was much more secure and it was chain-driven so I went with it. I was impressed by the professionalism of their team and my interaction with them was terrific. Also, the installers were capable and very pleasant to work with.

Original review: July 26, 2018

A Rollup Awnings location is near where my brother lives and I've passed by it many times. My brother has an awning from them which he got one a number of year ago and he loves it. I've also seen it in action so I was familiar with it. Then because we have sun that comes glaring down on our backyard, I needed something to shade it. I went to the location and they have nice, pleasant people. They showed us what models they had and we took what fit our needs. We got an awning that has a motor and a remote. Now, we use it almost every time yup. I had a very good with Rollup Awnings and I'd recommend it.

Original review: July 22, 2018

Great investment for our home. The salesman was very informative and personable. Our order was placed and the awning was installed within 3 weeks time. The 3 installers were courteous and professional and were in and out in an hour. We can now sit on our deck in the afternoon without the sun beating down. What a pleasure!

Original review: July 20, 2018

When I went to the showroom all of my questions were answered with very understood answers. They said about 3 weeks in less than 2 I set up an installation date. On the day of installation the work crew was very polite and energetic in the work they were performing. When installation was complete I was give clear instructions. I would highly recommend this company, and I have some of my neighbors.

Original review: July 13, 2018

We took down a big tree and we lost all our shade for the backyard so it was time to get an awning. We saw Rollup Awnings in a paper advertisement and we purchased a standard one. It’s motorized and we use it occasionally to give us shade. It’s expensive but I haven’t experienced any problems.

Original review: July 11, 2018

I had enough of being so hot in the back porch during the morning and early afternoon hours that I decided to get an awning. And having read and seen Rollup Awnings' stuff, I thought that they offered the best stuff among the awning companies. I got an 18 by 16 awning with the remote electric start and I’m very satisfied with everything so far. Everybody was great too. I would highly recommend Rollup Awnings.

Original review: July 10, 2018

I live in a condo that doesn’t come with awnings. We have been here for a couple of years now and we’ve been talking about purchasing an awning. At the same time, Rollup Awnings happens to be located in our town. So we had spoken to a few neighbors and one in particular was very happy with them. Then, we realized that the quality of the Rollup was so much better than the other ones that were popular so we decided to go with it. We dealt with their salesperson and he was professional and explained the benefits of it. While he's obviously trying to sell it, we found what he said to be truthful. It’s very durable and great looking. Furthermore, we had spoken with some other companies and we had seen some of the quality of the fabrics that they used. We thought that works good, and then, we saw the quality of Rollup's fabric and it was crazy. It was so much thicker and richer that you would ask what are the others are using.

We bought the top of the line product. It powers out and then powers back in on a push of a button. It also has a separate crank on the side. Should there be some kind of a power failure, you can still raise it or put it out. And they don’t normally come with that feature. It’s hard-wired into the house. The installers were terrific. They know exactly what they were doing. They were here when they were supposed to and they know the product inside and out. In addition, they took the time to explain everything and when they left, I felt good and confident. We use the awning every day. We have it over the deck and when it's very sunny and too warm, I can be out there in a press of a button and it's 10 degrees cooler underneath the awning when it's out. Overall, I like the Rollup Awning a lot. I would absolutely recommend them to a friend.

Original review: July 6, 2018

I had used Rollup about 15 years ago at a different house. And since their product is better than the others, I decided to purchase a brand new awning when I redid my backyard. The salesman was great and the installers were fine, and I was able to customize the size and color of my new awning. It is a blue and 13 feet long motorized awning that works great. So far I use it whenever I'm out there to block the sun. Overall, everything worked out fine with Rollup. The service is great and the installation was prompt.

Original review: July 5, 2018

I've had bird problems and I like the way the Rollup Awnings' system is that the birds wouldn't come. Buying the awning was no hassle and the rep came to the house. However, I was disagreeing to change the whole thing. Everything worked fine other than I had to change my actual canvas. That was $3,000 but I said, given the bird problem and the previous awning which we had for 18 years, maybe I could get 18 years out of this one. We've used the awning quite a few times now and I'm 100% satisfied with it.

Original review: July 3, 2018

We have known about Rollup Awning for years but never had the money to do it. It's expensive but you get what you pay for and I would recommend them. I wanted to use my backyard more but I needed shade because it’s really sunny back there. Rollup was just the way to go and we've enjoyed the backyard once it was shaded. It is a great awning and I love it. They installed the awning a couple of months ago and the experience was great as well. The four guys were good and professional.

Original review: July 2, 2018

I needed an awning and Rollup Awnings seemed like they had good quality. Everything with the purchase process was good and I've had very good interactions with their team. While they don’t have a manual crank, they checked the model they gave me if it was standard and then the choice of material.

Original review: July 1, 2018

We have a nice deck behind the house and it is so hot to sit there in the summer so we thought it would be a lot better with an awning. I went to Rollup Awnings as it was close by. A gentleman came out and he went through the whole process and showed me how the awning works. He also showed me samples of the materials and did the whole sales pitch. The guy did a good job and I ended up buying the electric type of awning made of a new fabric. It has several shades of blue. The colors are beige or light blue and with darker blue stripes.

When the installers came, they told me how long the installation was gonna take. They had to go up on the roof and did they everything they had to do and did a good job. They checked it to the best they could and everything works fine. If we are home and it is daylight, we roll the awning up then we roll it in at night. A lot of times in the morning I go out there and read the paper, then in the afternoon I sit out there and read a book. Although the awning was very expensive, it's good and I would recommend Rollup Awnings.

Original review: June 29, 2018

I've used Rollup Awnings twice already. But my second awning was destroyed by weather and birds. It was an old fashioned mechanical awning and the birds kept putting their nest in it. So I called Rollup Awnings and the gentleman came. He measured and then people came and did what they did and installed the awning. It's fully automated but it comes routinely with something by hand in case you lose power. And I just picked the same fabric to match the one I've gotten five years ago. Rollup Awnings did what they said they were gonna do and we're very pleased with them.

Original review: June 27, 2018

I liked the Rollup Awnings products. I purchased an awning for relaxation and the process was easy. Also, their team was professional.

Original review: June 26, 2018

Thank you Rollup Awnings for our beautiful awning. It is exactly what we imagined. Our whole experience was informative, professional and most of all, user friendly from beginning to end. Outstanding salesmanship, expect installation and on time. We would wholeheartedly recommend you to our friends and family.

Original review: June 26, 2018

I had an awning for years and the company that I got it from wouldn’t fix it without coming out and wouldn’t even keep selling me the parts without someone coming out and looking at it for 300 bucks and I was able to fix that awning before. So I just threw the thing away and it has been about seven years since I had an awning and it was time to buy one. I researched online and liked that Rollup Awnings is a local company. The purchasing experience was the typical high-pressure-sales type of thing but it was all right. I got a standard awning in a different color and it’s open every day when it’s not raining or windy. It keeps the sunlight from coming into the kitchen keeping the kitchen cool.

Original review: June 24, 2018

I've been a customer of Rollup Awnings for over 25 years. They are high-quality and they're the best awning company out there. They're a great professional company. That's why we used them the first time and used them again. I recently bought a brand new awning from them. The salesman came to the house, and we got the fabric, trim and size that we wanted. And we use the awning for a lot of parties. Everything was perfect. They were very nice people, and the product is made very well. I'm very pleased.

Original review: June 23, 2018

When we went to go to Rollup Awning's showroom and talked to the salesman, we liked the product, so we decided to go with it and they could do it at the same time they were doing our neighbor. And now I’m enjoying our awning and its quality is very good.

Original review: June 22, 2018

My previous awning fell down and I bought a new one from Rollup Awnings. They're local and they have quality. They gave us a remote control to roll the awning up and down and the customer service I received was excellent. I had my 75th birthday party in June and we had about 60 people. We were outside and thank God we had the awning, otherwise I would’ve fried.

Rollup Awnings Company Information