Sunesta Retractable Awnings

Compare Awning Companies

Research top Awning Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I purchased retractable awning from Sunesta and in less than 2 years motor went bad and they agreed to replace it but it took two months shipping from Florida then was lost then I couldn't get them to return my calls in a timely manner then when the motor finally came in and they replaced it it cost over $300 which I felt was unfair when the motor had a five-year guarantee their warranty means nothing it's just a money maker to get it replaced. I paid $5000 for the awning initially and felt that when it went bad in less than two years it should've also been covered to replace it these people are horrible. For 5000.00 it's unexcusable to be without it for 2 of the hottest summer months we have had in years! It doesn't take 8 weeks for ups to deliver to Ohio from florida.

The installers were awesome. Showed up when they said they would, finished the job in a timely manner. Never cut any corners throughout the whole process. Very satisfied with installation. The product comes with a reasonable warranty. It holds out for the product to make it an overall solid purchase. The coverage for the term of its life versus its purpose and use, more than equals out over the long run. I went with a retractable model and it's rather easy to pull it out and put it back. Seems really durable by comparison to other retractable awnings that I have owned at previous locations. Also helps keep it cool. Ok in terms of its overall strength. It is wonderful. Solid construction, excellent binding to the framework. I mean really nailed on the quality of the awning.

The installation process was much easier than we ever thought. There was no needed effort on our part for any inconvenience or cleanup. The time it took to install was on schedule and went smoothly. The warranty that comes with the product is well written and covers everything that would involve potential problems in regards to awnings. We felt secure about the purchase knowing that the company would take care of any issues as documented in the written warranty. There were options according to the type of awning choice in regards to use of the product. When manually using them there is minimal effort and can be conducted with ease. Care and usage are quality. The awnings are as expected even at first glance, very well made and with l materials. Any issues or concerns especially when it comes to weather are addressed by the installers and before purchase. One can feel secure that they will remain intact when exposed to the elements.

The people who came to install were very professional and endearing. They were in and out quickly which I appreciate because it was expensive. From wind damage to hail I am protected under my warranty which to me is a huge advantage because you never know what is going to happen to it. It is pretty easy to use I have kids and a husband and they can do it so that's important to me to not be the only one that knows how to work the darn thing. It is very durable this year. We've had multiple thunderstorms and it has remained intact as well as hit it with a bat on accident and is okay so that's good.

They did all the work for me. I'd get another from them if I needed one. They are a really great company and do great work. Got a really good warranty with it. They offer a long one and that's the best way to go for me. I would surely get the same one if I needed another. I didn't have any problems. Love how it works and how it's so easy to use. Best one and easiest one I've ever tried to use. Made very strong and should last me a long time. I like how well their products are designed and how tough they are built. Very good product.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sunesta Retractable Awnings?

They are very thoughtful with their work. They clean up after and during the process of installation, and was pleasant to my family and property. Their warranty is easy to read and goes into detail about what is covered. I am very pleased with my warranty. They gave me options of what kind of warranty I wanted. My awning is so simple to use. My wife could use unroll it herself if needed be. In less than seven minutes it is all set up, and closing the awning is also an ease. My awning is very durable, and made of thick canvas which keeps out any kind of moisture. It repel water. It comes in the colors that I like, and can withstand different weather conditions.

The gentleman who came to install our awning was very friendly and knowledgeable. He answered any questions we had and addressed any concerns we voiced. He worked efficiently and thoroughly. The warranty that comes with the awning we purchased seems to be a good value for the price. We haven't had to use it, but hopefully we won't ever have to. It's a pretty basic awning. It doesn't require any special skill to be able to use. It works very well for us. We are happy with it and are glad we purchased it. We've experienced a couple of storms since we had the awning installed and the awning has held up very well. Aside from a minor scratch or two it hasn't sustained any damage.

Overall it was a good experience. Nothing was broken or damaged on our property, and we're happy to have a way of getting shade this summer. The warranty period maybe should be a little longer, considering the risk of bad weather and things that can cause damage. If something does happen, all that money should not go to waste. It is very simple to extend the awning over our patio. It uses a simple lever, however, it does tend to get a little stuck here and there. So far, so good. There is no damage showing on the awning as of right now, but I am a little nervous considering the risk of a storm or something along those lines.

It was very reliable and sweet and fast. It looked very good and the quality was awesome. I love it. The warranty is very good and will cover a lot of stuff and the duration is awesome. It is so simple and easy to use and understand. I would recommend to anyone who wants a simple awning. It really isn't complicated. It lasts forever. I would recommend to someone at anytime. They will fall in love with it and they will love it.

Very professional and quick. The men who installed it did a great job and were very professional and knowledgeable. I would recommend this company to everyone I know. I like the warranty. It is good for me and very fair. This company had been fair in all of our dealings. Warranty is great, wonderful and good for the company and me. I have never had something that is so easy to operate and to use. The instructions are easy to understand and use. I love everything about this product. It will be long lasting. And can stand up to any kind of weather. I like the durability. It is a great product and fabric and I look forward to having it for years to come.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Sunesta has been providing North America with ready-to-install retractable awnings since 1981. They partner with component specialists and engineers around the world to continuously improve their technology and product.

• Large selection: They have a large selection of fabrics and materials in order to give customers variety.
  • Timely: Sunesta is great at delivering products and installation services in a fast and expedient manner.
  • Customer service: Customer service is dicey and local offices sometimes close up shop, leaving customers without a local contact.
  • Residential awnings: Sunesta specializes in residential awnings alone and doesn’t service business owners.
  • Best for Homeowners