2. Homeowners
RetractableAwnings.com

RetractableAwnings.com

4.1/5 (9 ratings)

About RetractableAwnings.com

As a family-owned business, RetractableAwnings.com® has been putting customer satisfaction first for 34 years. They believe quality retractable awnings and all types of retractable sun, rain, wind, bug and snow protection systems mean satisfied customers and as the buyers, fabricators/assemblers, installers, and distributors, they are in a unique position to take care of quality assurance.

RetractableAwnings.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RetractableAwnings.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about RetractableAwnings.com®?

Original review: Nov. 25, 2019

Being that we live in New York we were reluctant to purchase an awning online. But with the promise of 25 year warranty, we went ahead with the purchase. After one year the elbow of the arm broke. When we came to claim our warranty, they came up with all sorts of excuses. In the end they were rude and wouldn't listen to us unless we purchase a new one, which of course we didn't. It was some expensive lesson.

RetractableAwnings.com response

The customer sent pictures to show that the arms broke & admitted during a phone call that they left the awning out in the rain without enough pitch/angle on the arms. If enough pitch is not placed on the arms to allow for LIGHT rain runoff, then water will "pool/pond" on the fabric and most likely cause the arms to break and/or fabric to rip. This is clearly stated on our website and other industry websites. This type of negligence is customer error and not covered under any vendor's warranty!!

Original review: July 23, 2019

We purchased a retractable awning - site unseen - from RetractableAwnings.com in August 2012. We could not be more pleased with not only the quality of the product, and the online installation support they provided, but now 7 years later we had a question - and received a written response within 30 minutes from Eric **, VP Sales. Over the years we've had numerous friends who commented on what a great awning we had chosen and for a few, they wish they had chose this company vs the one they did. I've also recommended RetractableAwnings.com to several of my clients as I'm in the Landscape Design business. I don't make recommendations readily unless I am convinced of the product and the company. And in this case I've had no reservations. Top Notch in all regards.

Ed,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this outstanding review and for the referrals you have sent our way.

Retractableawnings.com most definitely appreciates the level of detail provided in your review. It is with detailed reviews like yours that potential customers learn more about https://www.retractableawnings.com which in turn helps potential clients make an educated purchasing decision.

Eric M.

V.P. Sales | Digital Marketing

Get buying tips about Awnings delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 14, 2019

We just completed installing a motorized retractable awning from https://www.retractableawnings.com/ and are super pleased with the quality of the build, appearance and customer support. This Italian-designed, engineered and manufactured awning is assembled and shipped from RetractableAwnings.com Florida plant, so if you need assistance with the install, you should contact a local handyman, carpenter or contractor. Ours is a Palermo Plus, 16 ft. wide, with an 11 ft.-10 in. projection. The Internet salesperson, Eric Scop, V.P., really worked with us to understand all the options and get fabric swatches. We ultimately selected a combination Rain/Sun sensor and Vibration sensor to automatically retract the awning in case of heavy rain or excessive wind.

I spoke with Rocky, their installation expert, for advice on preparing the ledger board to attach the awning to our vinyl sided home, right below the soffit. His advice was instrumental in making the install go so well. Further, the awning arrived already programmed to the Soliris transmitter and the motor limit switches were also set. It shipped in a fiberboard box (this one was about 17 ft long and 1 ft x 1 ft square, weighing over 200 lbs.), which was extremely tough. The truck driver ignored the box orientation stickers and used a hand truck to move it from the center, rather than two hand trucks, one at each end, per the clear placarding on the box.

Despite this, it arrived in great shape, other than a couple minor paint scratches, which we will fix with touch up paint they are sending at no charge. While the enclosed wall brackets were different from those described in the installation manual (an improved design), installing them was no problem. An extra bracket was included, which we also installed as this will be a large “sail” on the side of the house and we want it to stay there. We extend our sincere thanks to the team at RetractableAwnings.com, and for those review sites that accept photographs, we include the following photo.

Tom,

Thanks so much for the order and for the outstanding and thorough review. We really and truly appreciate it!

Eric M. Scop
    V.P. Sales | Digital Marketing

Retractableawnings.com Inc.

Original review: April 24, 2018

After thoroughly researching retractable awnings online we found Retractableawnings.com. Dealing with the owner Eric was a pleasure. He explained everything and answered all our questions in detail. Eric even provided us with two 3D renderings – one showing a striped fabric and one showing a solid fabric. We chose a striped fabric that truly adds some “pizzaz” to our house. Our awning has been up for 9 years now and three neighbors purchased the same model. The Venezia full cassette model is high grade, functions beautifully and comes with a 25-year warranty. I am proud to go on record by stating that both the company Retractableawnings.com and its product and service are outstanding.

Lorena,
    Thank you for your review especially considering that it has been 9 years since you and your neighbors purchased. We greatly appreciate the time you took to write the review.
    Morris D. Scop

President of https://www.retractableawnings.com

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

Being from England I know a high quality retractable awning when I see one. I recently moved to Chicago from the UK and decided to install a retractable awning on my house. I looked at many reviews on this website and others and came to the conclusion that a retractable awning from https://www.retractableawnings.com/ was the obvious choice. Installed now for 4 1/2 years and have not had a single problem with it and don't expect to. We love it and use it frequently in the spring and summer months. My wife and I have only praise for the gents at RetractableAwnings.com and commend them on offering high quality European products, providing great service and a terrific 25 year warranty.

Original review: July 18, 2017

Very happy with this high quality retractable awning. Motorized with a wind sensor, a sun sensor and a rain sensor. Excellent 25 year NON-prorated warranty. Very happy with the whole experience from purchase to completion.

Original review: April 28, 2016

When I first called RetractableAwnings.com, I was greeted by Maureen a lady with a beautiful accent. I asked for the sales department and was transferred immediately. Eric the salesman was very helpful, pleasant and most importantly extremely informative. Eric told me he has 30 years experience, and it shows! I was asked by Eric to send some digital pictures of the area I wanted to cover along with an approximate size. Eric also wanted to know how I plan to use the awning - sun only, sun and light rain or sun and heavy rain. I sent my digital pictures and size by email and was amazed that I had a 3D rendering the same day of exactly what the awning would look like on my house along with a quote. He even used the solid fabric color we like.

Now that the Palermo Plus model awning has been installed by my handyman, I can't tell you how satisfied we are. The awning instantly protects the harsh South Florida sun from penetrating my sliding glass doors and windows. RetractableAwnings.com offers a 25-year frame warranty (the longest I could find), was competitively priced for excellent quality and offered me outstanding customer service from beginning to end. Actually, this is not the end as I plan to order another for my business storefront. Call RetractableAwnings.com today... You won't be disappointed!

Original review: April 22, 2016

Retractable awning is excellent quality and very heavy duty. I expect to get a lot of years out of it. I am really happy with the selections I made. There were hundreds of fabrics to choose from and many options for operation of the awning. I got a wind sensor as well as a rain AND sun sensor. Also, the width was made to the exact size I needed and there were many projections to chose from. I also chose the frame color. Very customizable product. Didn't see this many options from other vendors.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2015

Over $4500 was spent on a retractable awning that was supposed to come with a wind sensor. RetractableAwnings.com says that they included it in with the awning and I must have thrown it away. Their evidence is that their paperwork indicated the wind sensor was shipped. I feel that it was not in the package and if it was, no installations instructions were included as to what to look for. The company on their website showed no picture of the wind sensor as an option. I assumed it was a built in option to the awning. I only found out that it had no wind sensor, when a high wind came up and the awning didn't retract.

The company has only offered to sell me a new wind sensor at their retail price plus shipping, handling, and extra for using a credit card. I can buy it for more than $30 less on Amazon. I would have thought that at the least they would have offered me a new wind sensor at their cost. This company has no interest in customer satisfaction, especially for a customer that spend over $4500. Maybe I needed to spend over $10,000 to get elevated into another category.

RetractableAwnings.com® author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a family-owned business, RetractableAwnings.com® has been putting customer satisfaction first for 32 years. They believe quality retractable awnings means satisfied customers, and as the buyers, assemblers, distributors and installers, they are in a unique position to take care of quality assurance.

• Online awning selector: Find an awning that is perfect for different settings is much easier using the awning selector on Retractableawnings.com®.

• DIY or professional installation: Pay for as much service as needed through RetractableAwnings.com®. Those comfortable doing these types of installations can tackle the project, and those who aren't can pay for installation.

• Award-winning service: RetractableAwnings.com® has won multiple awards for their worldwide installations and service.

• Exceptional customer support: Not only does this awning company offer telephone support, they also have email and chat support and a catalog of user guides and installation manuals posted for customer convenience.

• Easy online ordering: For those who already know what they are looking for, the website offers an easy, three step ordering process.

RetractableAwnings.com Company Information