KE Durasol Awnings
1.00/5
  • 1 star
Based on 6 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Looking for an awning company?
We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

KE Durasol Awnings

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: July 21, 2017

6 KE Durasol Awnings Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: July 21, 2017

Three years ago I purchased a Durasol retractable awning from Patio Enclosures in Albany, NY. When they installed it, the fabric rippled. I was given a discount because they could not fix it to my satisfaction. They also had to replace an arm that broke during the process. Upon final installation I inquired what maintenance was needed to keep it running well. I was told that there really wasn't any formal maintenance, just to rinse it off before folding it up before winter. In April I attempted to open my awning for the spring and within a foot of opening, the arm swung out by itself and twisted from the weight. I sent pictures to Patio Enclosures. A week later called them since I didn't hear anything. This went on until the secretary gave me a direct number to Durasol since I assumed the frame was under warranty for 8 yrs. Durasol ignored me. I kept calling.

They said they were sending out a man to Albany to check it out. He was in Albany but instead of coming to check it out, he called me and told me he saw the pictures and the reason for the broken arm was that I was negligent and did not maintain the awning correctly. My arguments were futile. This guy would not even listen. Expensive as it was I went directly to Patio Enclosures and paid for the parts for a new arm.

The Attorney General I filed with said they wouldn't budge on the matter. I waited another month before Patio Enclosures sent out people here to fix it because they didn't have the staff. It is July 20 and since early April I have been calling and calling to get this done. It cost me 0 for an arm. I wish I had read the reviews prior to using either Durasol or Patio Enclosures. They farted around with me for so long that I can only say - I would tell anyone who wants to purchase their products, read the reviews, and hope that you never need them to honor their warranty.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2016

I purchased a house which had awnings that were not my style. I called KE Durasol Awnings (whose name was on the existing awning frames) and they directed me to one of their local distributors - Country Awnings in Chester, N.Y. I was told by Rick that the frames I had were well made and in perfect condition yet not available anymore. He suggested I have them recovered rather than replaced. After he took my frames to KE Durasol Awnings, who does the actual work, I was left with damaged frames which I cannot replace - they drilled holes in places on the frame that did not correspond to ANYTHING - this was because their technician mismeasured their location.

THEN an installer came to my home and while installing the frames with the poorly fitting covers, he proceeded to puncture one of them with the handheld battery operated drill. Rick took back the frame with the damaged cover and I have yet to see it. The two that I do have are poorly covered and I fear sending them back to KE Durasol Awnings will only cause more damage. Both KE Durasol Awnings and Country Awnings are a new experience for me. It is the first time in my life - I have met the largest group of people who are dishonest, misleading and incapable (incompetent), at a job for which they get paid. EVERYONE is passing the buck. I now have two damaged frames with loose covers and a third which is missing in action.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Aug. 9, 2016

This company fabricates a unique, retractable, horizontal screen that my wife and I thought was perfect for our application. I called them and they only sell through dealers and gave me the name of an awning company in Pasadena, Texas. The guy in Pasadena didn't even want to represent Durasol but he finally agreed to. He readily admitted that he had never seen this product and didn't know anything about it. Today, I called them with a simple question and they would not answer it! I was told that I had to work through my dealer who doesn't know the answer to my question and is not interested in finding out the answer. This was a $1500 purchase and they won't stand behind their product enough to answer a simple question. This company is a joke. I would not recommend them to anyone for anything!

Original review: Sept. 25, 2015

Durasol discontinued their awning line and created another one without notice and without stocking any replacement parts. And I bought from their own store in Massapequa NY. Neither the Factory or the store will help. Oh - They'll give me a "discount" on their new, overpriced awning. Worst customer service I've ever dealt with, worst company I've done business with in home improvement industry!

Original review: July 21, 2015

I have been trying since March of this year to get an arm replacement for my awning. I was told I had to go through my local distributor. I have tried and they refuse to help me. I called customer service and they said they could help me out and would be in touch within a few days. Two weeks later I called them back and was told that they don't sell the parts. They sell them to the distributors and they can charge whatever they want to for parts.

This is a ** way to do business! I will trash my awning for the scrap! I will NEVER EVER recommend this company or the distributor in my area Milanese Remodeling! Since I only need a part and I'm not buying a whole new awning they don't want my business!! When you look on the website of Durasol the VERY first line says that customer service is their number one priority. UMMMM I don't think so. NOT helpful at all. Tells you one thing then does another or nothing at all!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about KE Durasol Awnings, Inc.?

Original review: June 1, 2015

One of the supporting arms broke during the operation of closing, I have tried for over a year to have someone to fix it. It was a authorized dealer who put it up. I have gotten numerous excuses for not getting it fixed, even appeared to be ignored. I have even called the Durasol Awning 800 number several times.

KE Durasol Awnings, Inc. expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Known for being a leader in motorized and manually retractable awnings, Durasol has been in business since 1984. They are located in upstate New York and have a strong distribution network and a reliable reputation.

• High-quality fabrics: Durasol is known for supplying high quality fabrics with their awnings.

• Strong warranties: Durasol typically offers a 12-year warranty on their products, which is better than the industry average.

• Customer service: Customers complain about lack of response and service. However, they do have a toll free number for customer satisfaction. (888) 387.2765

• Construction: Products tend to need repair more frequently.

• Best for: Homeowners, Business Owners