Call toll free
4.58/5
Based on 709 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Malden, MA

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

SunSetter Awnings offer both manual and motorized awnings that provide shade and protection, transforming your patio or deck. Our awnings provide cool shade that can help in those hot and humid months and helps keep the inside of your home cooler by blocking the sun's rays from coming in your windows and doors.

We want to provide you with the highest quality awnings at the absolute best prices. We provide a free in-home consultation and are committed to a long-term relationship with our customers.

SunSetter Awnings Gallery (1)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

1252 SunSetter Awnings Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 5 featured reviews
Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

I got tired of taking the dog out in the rain and so I decided to get an awning, which I purchased from SunSetter. I had a good interaction with the SunSetter team as they were nice and they did a good job. I like the awning. There were four installers who came and hooked it up. It was spendy but I had to purchase an extra warranty, which is a five-year warranty if something goes wrong.

Get expert buying tips about Awnings delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

I had a deck built and wanted an awning. SunSetter was the only distributor that contacted me back in my area. Their rep came out, gave me good information, and we did the paperwork. I've had a good experience with their team and it was quick. They came out here, did the installation of the awning and it went well. Most of the time when I'm home, I use the awning to block the sun from the side of my house. I could've gotten a lesser expensive option, but it was purchased and done now.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

I’m in a manufactured home and there’s a little side patio area that was getting very hot and sunny, and I needed it covered to keep my house cool. I had read about SunSetter Awnings and my husband and I had their awning when we had a cabin up at Lake Tahoe, and it was great. So, I decided to get another one for my home here. The rep was very nice and helpful, and I had a great time dealing with the team that helped me. Likewise, the interaction was good when our awning was installed. The installers came early and got the work done very fast. Also, a guy went through all of the instructions with me and he was good. I got a motorized awning and I’ve been enjoying it very much.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

It was hot at my backdoor space that I needed something over it to help protect it a little bit so I got an awning from SunSetter. Everybody who came out was real nice. The installation team explained things as they went. They explained everything that was done and everything we needed to know. They were very good and very friendly guys. I would recommend them.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

We had a very large tree taken down and the area has been very hot since, so we decided to purchase an awning. Our salesperson at SunSetter did a very good job. He was very punctual. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him just because he answered any questions that we asked, he didn't pressure us, and he chose the color that would work with the color of the house and the shingles. So, we bought a striped, retractable awning from SunSetter. The salesperson and the carpenter that he brought did not rush the installation of the unit. They even took time to level it with the level tool, which I thought was important so it wouldn't be crooked. I noticed that right away. They took pride in what they did. It is really pretty and I'd like to put it out all the time just because of it but I don't want to wear it out or damage it when a storm comes up. So, I only put it out when I'm home and it's so hot or when we sit out on the back patio. It has the perfect color combination.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SunSetter Awnings?

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

It gets sunny in our backyard, so we decided to get an awning. We watched the SunSetter Awnings commercial and decided to go with it. When the sun comes out, the awning makes it nice and cool back here when we’re sitting under it. The SunSetter team did a good job and we were impressed with how they got right in it and got it done. They explained things to us, too. We got the awning that is kinda light brown and it goes with the house. It’s motorized as well.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

A guy named Tom was SunSetter's designated representative in this area and he sold it. He booked the deal and closed it. The awning is a beige-and-brown and when it came in, SunSetter's guys came out and put it up in about two hours. I got the full monty and I love just pushing buttons. The awning works fine and I hope it lasts a long time. We put the awning across the whole back of the house and having the awning makes it cool when we’re out on the deck, other than my other little umbrella things. We have a deck with an adjoining pool and sitting out there in direct sunlight is better. SunSetter did a heck of a good job and they were a good operation.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

It is sunny over our patio and we needed an awning. I had one for 20 years, but it was tattered and torn, and I was replacing it. We purchased a motorized awning from SunSetter and everything was fine when their team came and put it in.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

We've used SunSetter in the past and we decided to get another awning. The reps were great and the installation was really good. They could improve on the time from getting the awning from one place to the guy that installed it, but everything was done on time and it was a wonderful experience. It's been a good awning so far and it's the only one I would recommend.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

My porch got too hot and when we walk down on it, it burns our feet. I did some review search on the web and SunSetter Awnings had the best reviews. We had also talked to a couple of people about it that had already purchased it and they absolutely loved it. We bit the bullet and tried SunSetter. Their sales team was absolutely nice, down-to-earth and very respectful. They were the same people that came out and installed the awning and they were great. The guy that actually installed it was really young and so funny and it was fun just to hear him talk.

We got a motorized awning that's 10x16 feet. It's big and has a solid beige color, and it's attached to the house. I have a screened-in-porch that's hooked to the port to the deck on the outside, so, in the mornings, when the sun starts hitting it, I put the awning out. That way, it also helps shade the screened-in-porch more and we don't get that heat from the floor. If it's not raining, I try to use it every day. If my friends are outside and they do a lot of entertaining or it's just unbearably hot, the SunSetter awning is well worth the money and I would tell them to get one.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

We have the sun on our deck so we decided to purchase an awning. However, I didn't know the size I was going to be able to get. The team at Sunsetter told me the recommended size. They also recommended a color choice that goes with my siding and roofing. Thereafter, the installers had the motorized awning up in an hour. Also, they didn't leave a mess so I was happy with the installation. I have a remote control and a pole to use the awning manually. Sunsetter even gave me an extra battery for the remote. Currently, we use the awning for shade. Overall, I'm happy with my experience with this company.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

We moved into a new house, and the patio is partially not covered and it faces south. So we really needed the awning. We got it from SunSetter with the remote to retract it and to put it up, and also got the wind indicator. The people that handled the installation for them was really close to us and they were about five miles away, which was nice. As soon as they got the awning, they called us and they came right out and put it up. It was good. Even if it rains or drizzles, we can still be outside. We like sitting out when it's raining and to be under cover and enjoy the sound of the rain and the coolness of the air.

We were away when a storm came and we were worried to death, but when we came home, the awning had retracted and everything was well and safe. We were very impressed with that. It took a lot of stress out of it. We really enjoy the awning and we've had a lot of compliments from other people coming over. We've highly recommended it.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

A neighbor recommended SunSetter and I purchased an awning for a very sunny area of my house. The reps came out and met with me and looked at the space. I got an awning that's motorized and it's a couple of different shades of beige and brown. I was impressed by the installation because they had to climb up in the hot attic to do the electrical. Since having the awning, the temperature of the room that it is shading has improved. It works great.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

We've had awnings in the past and we were discussing about putting two awnings out. We decided to go with SunSetter and spoke with their saleslady and the person who installs the awning. They were both professional. The saleslady explained the difference between the fabric and the awnings so it helped us make a better-informed decision. Then the installer was very careful in putting things up. I wanted to make sure that everything was correct.

We bought two motorized awnings that have the wind sensor and the remote control. We got the top fabric that they have and it's warrantied for 20 years. The striped fabric compliments our house and it coordinates well with the neighbors. However, UPS was bloody awful to deal with and destroyed one of the pieces so when the installer put the awnings up, we had to wait for the piece to be replaced. When the part came in, he came out and installed it. Everything went well with the exception of UPS.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

I have a deck and it didn’t have an awning, so I needed one. I went with SunSetter as I saw a commercial on TV and I've seen them in magazines, plus I had a $200 coupon. Their rep was excellent. He was very fair and he came when he said he was coming to give us the estimate. The installers were very neat and professional and they cleaned up after the installation. I love the quality of work that they did. I’ve had the awning for about three months now and so far, so good. It may be a little expensive, but it’s well worth it and I'm happy with it.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

We were moving into a condo. The backyard has a little patio but there is no covering over it and we thought an awning would be nice to have. There were two choices that we had that were HOA approved and SunSetter was one of them. I talked to their reps and they sounded very professional and were very friendly and knew what they were doing. Everybody is really good and well-trained.

We got the prices and the estimates then the rep came and showed me all the different awnings, the fabrics and the styles. They had a huge variety that we could choose from. I chose something that went with the decor of the house, the condominium complex and the flooring that we put in the outside patio. We purchased an electronically retractable awning. However, if it electricity breaks down, we can still hand crank it in too. It’s also waterproof so if we wanted to sit out in the rain, we could sit under our porch.

Then they came and they gave us the installation date and they were right on time. Then the whole thing was done within 2 hours. They cleaned up their mess and showed us exactly how everything worked. They gave us all the warranties as well. It was very smooth. SunSetter is great. You will definitely not be making a mistake by using them.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

My deck in the back is out in the sunshine every evening and we liked to have a cover over it so we can sit out there in the shade. Otherwise, it was too hot. We decided to get an awning and, having seen SunSetter advertised on TV, we opted for it. We then went on the computer, looked at their models and knew what we wanted. The SunSetter team came and discussed everything with us and the construction company that would eventually put it up for us. They showed us pictures, too. It’s a motorized awning and I was very happy with it. Plus, we received very good customer service from the team. We recommend others to buy a SunSetter.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

The SunSetter salesman was very professional. I got a motorized awning that is striped with blue. It took a couple of months to get it in, which was really a long time. I kept calling the girl and then she finally got back to me and said she heard it was on its way. Other than that, it went up really good and the installers were very professional as well. However, the awning seems to be fitting the wrong way for the sun. The sun comes up on the right-hand side and goes down on the left. And so, I should’ve bought the extended sides. I would recommend SunSetter Awnings but I would give others a heads-up about a possible delay on delivery and that they should also make sure that whatever direction that they are sitting is where the sun is gonna hit.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

The back of my house faces west and in the afternoon, it’s really hot out there. With the awning, it’s a lot cooler. I didn’t like the other awning that I could have gotten locally and if I could have gotten a SunSetter locally, I would have done that first because it took so long to ship the awning from the factory to here. I had other work scheduled to be done and a lot of it had to wait for the awning. Other than that, the SunSetter reps were very helpful and the installation crew was great. I've already had a couple of neighbors asking about the awning.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

My mother and I were talking about getting awning and she said she wanted the SunSetter. My mother has a little deck on the end of her little apartment here. In the wintertime, you want the sun to shine on you to get warm so we didn’t want to build a permanent roof. And then when the sun is out in the summer, you can use the awning to get in the shade.

The people from SunSetter Awnings that we talked to on the phone, all the way to the guy that came out to show us the samples and talked with us about the different models, and the installers, were easy to work with. The installers came out and did a good job. They introduced themselves, went straight to work, got it done really fast and they explained how the awning works and how to use it. It’s a nice awning.

We ordered the awning a little bit bigger than the deck because we wanted it to hang off past the deck so when it rains, the rain would drip off onto the ground instead of on the deck, and the installers made sure that we wanted it larger than the deck. They felt that might have been a mistake and they weren’t gonna put up the awning until we okayed it. That was really good because apparently, most people get it the same size as the deck and we didn’t wanna do that. Our whole experience was good except for them not coming back in three weeks to check and adjust it like they said they would. But that’s the only mistake they made.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

We got an awning to have shade in the deck and because of the price we went with SunSetter. We worked with a dealer here and then we did the installation ourselves, which didn't take long. It's a great quality awning but right now, the problem is we had to order the side screen and it has been about six weeks and I haven't seen hide nor hair. The season is nearly over and we no longer need it this year. I called the dealer about a week ago and he checked on it and said they had some backorder problems. It's way out of line. The awning, which they said would take four weeks, got here in a week and a half but I'm a little disturbed about the screen.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

We wanted the quality of the SunSetter's awning. Also, the people from there did a good job and everything was delivered exactly the way we ordered. When the awning came in, the techs were out and put it all together for us, so that was nice. We like the awning, however, we had an issue with it. Still, the techs came out the same day and resolved the problem.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

The SunSetter salesman, John, did a good job when he came over to visit with us and we booked everything right there. He was very pleasant, very easy to deal with and was not a pushy salesman. He gave us the whole scenario like what was available and what wasn't and we went with it. We went for an electric awning, which is about 12-foot long. The installation guys came in here and introduced themselves. They went up on top of the porch and they cleared enough room for themselves to do the work. It took about a half hour and they were done. I recommend them.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

The SunSetter Awnings rep was very pleasant and professional. He answered all my questions and if I had any issues, SunSetter took care of it. Plus, the installation was done with no difficulties. I’ve had the awning for a month and so far, everything has been fine.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

We built our mother a deck and my brother bought a motorized SunSetter Awning as a gift for her. He wanted to use a local dealer and she picked out the color and everything went well. I'm particular with my stuff, so I didn't want the guy we bought it from doing it. I ended up installing the awning myself and it was almost too easy. Plus, it is a great product.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

You can’t watch TV without seeing the SunSetter Awnings. I have one on my RV and I like them. We got a motorized model and I enjoy sitting underneath it. The rep was fine and the installers did a good job.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

I was gonna have a big party and my deck was not usable in the summer so I wanted a good awning. SunSetter was recommended to me. I dealt with Backyard Solutions here in Paradise and they ordered it for me. It took quite a while to get my awning because UPS lost it, and it was a mess but the salesman followed it up because my awning wasn't coming. It was stuck in Redding, and the weekend was coming for my party so they came a day before and they had a loaner. That one was on consignment and they found out it had never been put up and it was flawed, but it was still functional for me and that was all I cared about. They put that up for me and it was a lifesaver. I really appreciated them doing that. They went above and beyond.

The awning comes in two parts and there was something they did not deliver and they couldn't put it on without that. Also my awning has a beige and sort of a maroon color and black in it but the cord is off-white and it has to be attached around the house. It's hanging down and hitting my eye so I needed to buy something to either paint it or wrap it because it looks yucky. They should make a different color because it doesn't blend in.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

The weather here is hot and I didn't want a deck, so I decided to get an awning. I checked into two other companies that are here and SunSetter Awnings had the best deal and I liked what they offered. Dealing with their team was an outstanding experience. The salesman and the guy who came to put it in were great. I got their motorized awning and I'm loving its quality.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

I built a new deck and it was so hot out in our summer house so we decided to buy a SunSetter awning. I ordered it on the phone and the guy I spoke to was very nice. I told him I wanted the awning to go out longer so it covers more but he said that it doesn’t. He sold me a guarantee instead and that for 15 years, it was against everything so I bought it too. He also told me about the LED lights. I got a 10 foot 3 inches awning and it is all electronic. I also got the LED lights with it as well as the shade that comes down in the front and the side. It was almost 3000 bucks.

My cousin came down and helped me install the awning as he had put up a couple SunSetter awnings for himself, his father-in-law and his brother. The installation was very easy and good. I wish though that I had another bracket that goes through the house. I let the people from church come up to our vacation place and I show the awning to them. However, it’s still hot out in the deck and the awning doesn’t give us enough shade. It doesn’t keep our deck cool like they say on TV and the video. I would have bought a 13 foot instead of a 10 foot.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

I purchased my first awning more than 20 years ago. This time, I got the 10 x 16 awning with a remote from SunSetter Awnings. It’s white with a blue stripe across the bottom. Purchasing the awning was simple. We contacted the local dealer and they came out and did the whole thing, and it was a piece of cake. They're a father-and-son business and the son and one of the workers came out to install the awning. Then they adjusted it and cleaned up everything. The work was quick and it was all done in less than an hour. We’re out there all the time and we also use the awning halfway down to shade us from the sun and to keep the heat off inside the house. SunSetter provided great service and they were easy to work with, and our experience with them was super.

SunSetter Awnings expert review by ConsumerAffairs

SunSetter Products is America’s largest awning manufacturer. They specialize in retractable deck and patio awnings, freestanding awnings, window awnings and vertical solar shades. Customers can either buy awnings and install it themselves or have a free in-home consultation with SunSetter dealers who can install the awnings.

• Free consultation: The free consultation gives customers a chance to work directly with a SunSetter dealer and get expert advice on awnings and installation.

• Toll-free customer service line: Customer with issues or questions can receive support from their customer service hotline.

• Wide selection: Being the largest manufacturer of deck and patio awnings in America, SunSetter has a wide selection of awnings, fabrics and colors to choose from.

• Customer service: Because they are a national company with many different offices, their customer service varies depending on location.

• Best for: Homeowners, Business Owners

MA
1-800-876-2340
www.sunsetter.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business