Call toll free
4.45/5

Malden, MA

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

SunSetter Awnings offer both manual and motorized awnings that provide shade and protection, transforming your patio or deck. Our awnings provide cool shade that can help in those hot and humid months and helps keep the inside of your home cooler by blocking the sun's rays from coming in your windows and doors.

We want to provide you with the highest quality awnings at the absolute best prices. We provide a free in-home consultation and are committed to a long-term relationship with our customers.

SunSetter Awnings Gallery (1)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

1382 SunSetter Awnings Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 5 featured reviews
Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

My wife saw SunSetter advertised at Costco and they had a good deal. The awnings team did a good job, but we had a minor glitch with something that was supposed to be supplied with the awning. They later said that for some reason, they couldn’t do some side shades. We went back and forth with them and they talked to the installing guys and the manufacturer. They were able to work it out between them and provided the item they were supposed to, and we were happy with it. We have the automatic, motor extended awning that is two 12 feet and one 15 feet wide. We got it to protect the house against the sun coming in during the summertime so we expect to use it a lot more in the summer. Overall, we're happy with what SunSetter did.

Get expert buying tips about Awnings delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

I have a large patio and a pool outside of my kitchen. I wanted cover there so that I could put a table and some chairs. I decided on an awning and called up SunSetter. Their rep who came out was a nice person and we made an agreement. I got the biggest awning that they had. It was motorized and multicolored. Thereafter, I had SunSetter send out somebody who knew how to put it up. Two young guys came and did that. I gave them my check and I asked their guy if I am gonna get a receipt for paying. He said that they don't give the receipt but then I would get something in the mail in a couple of days that would describe the maintenance of the awning along with the receipt. However, I never got anything from anybody. Still, when they were done, it appeared to be put up okay.

SunSetter Awnings response

We are very pleased to hear about your great experience with your SunSetter Awning and your local independent SunSetter dealer. At SunSetter, we take great pride in our product quality, our service, and especially in the satisfaction of our customers.

Please don't hesitate to contact us should you need assistance with your SunSetter. We hope you enjoy your awning for years to come!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

The townhome has a very small terrace in the back. I got a SunSetter awning installed to maximize the use of the terrace and also for privacy because there's an apartment building behind us, that's above us. However, during installation, some wires got crossed. They were installing my SunSetter on number three unit instead of number six. It was an honest mistake but they should've made sure. I don't know where their communication got broken down but we caught it and they were really nice. The guys didn’t grouch at me and just did the job. We've had hiccups with our experience but it has been overall okay. I would definitely recommend SunSetter.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

I saw the SunSetter ad, sent in for the information, and then, I went ahead with the project. But it took too much time for them to start the project and it's not completed yet. Their installers are waiting for two parts. This has been going on for five months now. They said that they’re gonna have a person by a couple of months. I am very upset with that.

SunSetter Awnings response

We are very sorry to hear of your disappointment with your new awning. At SunSetter, we take great pride in our product quality, our service, and especially in the satisfaction of our customers.

We will reach out to you privately to discuss your experience with SunSetter and your independent SunSetter dealer.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

I purchased 2 solar powered shades and one manual shade in 2015/2016. I love the shades, they do exactly what I want them to do and the solar option was great as it kept me from having to run electric power to the shades. However, as I found out a year later, the solar panels stopped working on both units. The solution from the factory is to charge me, at that time, $100 each to send me the panel, me install it, and return the old panel to them.

Well the new panels worked for another couple of years. Now one of the panels has stopped working again and the solution is they will send me another new panel for $120, it was going to be $170 but they gave me a ‘break’ due to prior issues. There is clearly a problem with their supplier of the solar panel/battery units if they are not working for more than a couple of years. They say that they are designed to last at least three years, but they don’t. Be warned, if you buy the solar powered shades you may want to consider the warranty as long as it is less than the cost of replacement of the panel assembly. You will also have to replace it yourself. And in my case the unit is on a window 20’ up from graveled sloped ground :(. It’s really a shame because the shades are great otherwise.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SunSetter Awnings?

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

I wanted to purchase an awning two years ago, and I could not until just lately. SunSetter is the only company I know and purchased the awning from them. I had a fine interaction with their sales rep. He was so kind and wonderful on the phone. But it's winter here and the awning wasn't installed yet. If someone asks me about it, I'd tell them to get one if they can afford it. I got one anyway although I can't afford it.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

I was adding a deck to my house and I decided to get an awning. SunSetter was convenient. The awning was installed and it seems to be operating okay. It's great and the concept is good.

SunSetter Awnings response

We are very pleased to hear about your great experience with your SunSetter Awning. At SunSetter, we take great pride in our product quality, our service, and especially in the satisfaction of our customers.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

I retired recently and I didn't want to be stuck on a new car payment. Since my car is in good shape, I had it repainted. All the dark colors such as gray, maroon and black are all fading and didn’t last. Also, the summers are longer and hotter, so I wanted an awning for the front of my garage. I got the biggest one they got to protect my car and my wife’s car. It’s 20 feet wide, and then 17 feet comes out. Aside from the paint, it protects the interior too because the sun did a lot of damage. So, I got it for the summertime only. I have seen SunSetter at Costco and in TV and the two guys who came out were cooperative, nice and friendly. I had no problems with them and they did everything I wanted. Everything came out good and I’m happy. Everything went smoothly and they did what they promised. Also, they gave me the Costco discount which was a big help.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

We got a reference from a neighbor for SunSetter awnings. We have two awnings. The awning upstairs is much smaller than the other one and it doesn’t have an issue with coming in whenever it’s really windy. The other awning is a bigger one. When the arm of that bigger one broke during a windstorm, we told SunSetter about it and they said we had a limited warranty and we had to go through our insurance company which we did. We then just went ahead and got an awning through SunSetter again, but this time it was with a full warranty. The installation was fine and I’m hoping that the quality of is good.

Their people were very nice about coming out and they took down the arm for us. That was good. They came back to adjust the wind motion thing on the bigger awning although it still seems a little iffy so I might have to have them come back and do it again. Unlike the smaller awning, this one moves around a lot and we end up just putting it in ourselves even though we have a motion sensor on it. But other than that, SunSetter's people were very easy to deal with. We also got that thing that rolls down. It’s a shade that comes out to block the sun and everything. We really like that part and we use that a lot. It comes out when the awning is out. If anybody wants to invest in a SunSetter awning, it’s a good product.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

I ordered and had installed an awning back in August 2018 and was told that I would receive a free cover. When the installation contractor arrived, he did not have the cover, and told me it was on back order. After contacting him several times, he told me I didn't want it anyway because it was garbage. I told him I did want it. He then told me I had to contact Sunsetter's directly because there wasn't anything else he could do for me. So I proceeded to contact the corporate office several times. The person I spoke to on the phone was very rude and told me I had to contact the installation contractor because there was nothing SHE could do for me. I finally reached someone at the corporate office who promises to send me the cover right way. That was over a month ago, and guess what? NO COVER YET! THIS IS COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE! I am hoping that this message finally gets someone's attention so I do not have to take my complaint further.

SunSetter Awnings response

We are very sorry to hear of your disappointment with your new awning and your experience with your independent SunSetter dealer. At SunSetter, we take great pride in our product quality, our service, and especially in the satisfaction of our customers.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

I found SunSetter's customer service to be extremely business-like and very easy to do business with. The first installation of my awning was a disaster. I was given the name of an installer who did not install and subcontracted to another outfit. That other outfit was horrible. I refused payment on my credit card for these people. I then got an envelope with a SunSetter-approved installer’s phone number so I called them. They came very promptly and they said that everything was all wrong with the initial installation. The bolts used to install the brackets were wrong. The device that senses the wind and retracts the awning was wrong. The awning itself was ripped. They rectified all the things that were wrong. My awning has been installed and it’s entirely satisfactory. I would highly recommend SunSetter and also the second installer I got. I would warn others against the first installer I had.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I have a condo and I have a small deck. There’s a wooden deck over the top of mine and I could not go out there on my deck and relax without the rain coming through and all the dirt from on top. A neighbor had a SunSetter awning and was very satisfied with it. The awning looked very nice to me and I’ve seen the advertisements many times for many years. When I got an advertisement in the mail, I called the number. The customer service team were the Gibson’s and they were very extremely nice and explained everything very well.

I looked at a more expensive awning but it had to go by the rules and regulations of the condo. I ended up getting a cheaper SunSetter awning. But I’m very satisfied with it. It’s guaranteed for five years and I’m sure that’s all I need. But the installation of my awning took a while. Since I'm in a condo, I had to get permission. Once I got that, the installation went very easily and swiftly. I would tell a friend to come and see my awning. I love it. It saves me a lot of work from cleaning every time I go out.

Insufficient response received
Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

Can't get my money refunded or awning installed properly. We have still not gotten everything we paid for. And have been denied any solution. We have called and emailed numerous times. We have tried everything from calling the manufacturer to the owner of Total Home Solutions who did the installation.

SunSetter Awnings response

We are very sorry to hear of your disappointment with your new awning and your local independent SunSetter dealer. At SunSetter, we take great pride in our product quality, our service, and especially in the satisfaction of our customers.

We will reach out to you privately to discuss your experience.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

I've had a couple of friends that had SunSetter and we wanted to get one. We have a pool in the back and we wanted an area there shaded. When I ordered my awning, I got the automatic sensor that rolled the awning up in inclement weather, and I never left it down. We went away one day and a thunderstorm came up. When we got back, the awning hadn’t rolled up and it was collapsed to the water and was broken. Then, when I called my guy that we bought it from they wouldn’t stand by it, but they compromised with me. They said I've had to pay $365 to have it fixed and part of it replaced. So, I had that done and I paid the money and got another awning out there. I thought that was a bad deal, but that was the best that they gave me.

I have that sensor on here now, but I wouldn’t trust it again. I wouldn’t go away and leave my awning down. We brought it down a couple of times to see that it worked. We checked out the sensor, and the next time I went out, the sensor part was on the ground. So, that wasn’t installed very good either. Overall, we're not too happy with it. It's a nice unit, but things just weren’t done right.

SunSetter Awnings response

We are very sorry to hear of your disappointment with your SunSetter Awning. At SunSetter, we take great pride in our product quality, our service, and especially in the satisfaction of our customers.

We will reach out to you privately to discuss your experience.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

My husband usually does the grilling outside but the portion is too hot so I decided to get an awning. The installation team set it up. My husband was on his trip that time and when he came back he was so excited about the awning. He said it's very nice and he can't wait for the summer.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

We built a deck on the south side of our house this summer and it was too hot to sit on there without any kind of shade and we couldn’t put a roof over the deck, so we just decided to do an awning instead. I read the reviews online and decided that SunSetter Awnings sounded like a company to go with. The guy that we purchased it from was very helpful and the two guys that came and installed it were here and gone in two hours and everything was ready to roll. We got the motorized, extra-large awning and we have no complaints about the quality. I’ve told multiple people that we have a SunSetter awning and that it is really good.

SunSetter Awnings response

We hope you enjoy your awning for years to come!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

When I was doing some extension on my patio in the back, I saw that some neighbors in my community have awnings. I decided that that was good for me and so I got a 10 x 20 motorized unit from SunSetter Awnings, which has LED lights as well as a sensor. I would highly recommend SunSetter. Everything from the sales to input was really great. The team was here when they said they were gonna be here, did what they said they would do, and did not leave a mess. They were also timely. I'm using the awning to block the sun so that my dog and I can go out on the patio and sit and enjoy it.

SunSetter Awnings response

We hope you enjoy your awning for years to come!

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

I had an aluminum rollup awning for years and it was pretty well worn but they don’t make those anymore. When I saw SunSetter's ad on TV, I thought I’d try it. I had a little problem to begin with though. I ordered it in July but it was lost in transit for a month and when it arrived, the package was damaged. So I had to reorder and it took three weeks again. It wasn’t SunSetter's fault that it got lost in transit. That was UPS. But the whole experience was quite troubling. It took me two months to get the awning in the house and it got here quite late. It was in the fall when the weather was changing already.

The number SunSetter had to call for the installation was a disaster as well. It was about 50 miles away and they were really expensive. So I had a local carpenter and his helper put the awning up and saved myself about $300. The awning is up on my front window now but it would be a little better if it was tipped on the end. But I understand there is a way to do it and I would contact SunSetter when the weather changes. That aside, the product seems all right and it's holding up fine so far.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

We've got a deck at the back of our house that faces the South, and we wanted to get a SunSetter for it. We saw the ad on the television and called them. They said that they would be sending a rep from Jacksonville, North Carolina, but we're in Kinston, North Carolina. They sent a rep over and we showed him what we had. I asked him if he was sure that the SunSetter was gonna work. I said to him that in the morning at 9 o'clock, the sun comes in from the East, and there’s sun on that deck then. At 12 o'clock and at 5 o'clock, there’s sun on that deck, only in a normal Daylight Saving Time hours. He agreed, so I got a 14 x 11 x 4 XL with the motorized motor. He knew we had the storm coming and it delayed the installation of the SunSetter when it came available because it went back ordered. They told me that the sample that we picked out was one of the popular samples, so there was a delay in actions.

SunSetter called us and said they were ready to put the awning up. The salesman told me that the installer wanted to put it on the siding of the house. Wwhen the installer came, he said that it needed to go on the siding of the house. I told him that the vinyl on the siding of the house has been there for 26 years and I don't want the SunSetter mounted on the siding because it could very well crack because the sun has been on it that long and the vinyl does over a period of time. He said that he won't put it up unless it was done this way. He added that he didn't like the idea of being told one way to put it up and then another way I described. So I told him to put it that way if he thought it was the best.

He put it up in the middle of the day and it was kinda cloudy. He couldn't tell what it was gonna do, so I told him that the installation was good, and then he went through the motions of how it works. The next day, I didn't get a chance to put it out at 9 o'clock because I had an early doctor's appointment. The day after the doctor's appointment, it was really sunny, just like being at the beach. I put that thing out at 9 o'clock, and it didn't have any shade at all. I run it back out at 12:00 and still no shade. I did the same thing in the afternoon, but we only got a little shade which was 4 feet from the back of the house. My wife had to take chairs and put them against the wall of the house to get some shade, but her legs were still in the sun.

I immediately called the people that put it in down in Jacksonville and told them what was going on. I was told that they found it hard to believe. I asked the guy if he was calling me a liar and told him I need to talk with somebody higher up than him, so he said that he would talk to the President of the company down there. They sent one of their tech reps up here a week later because we have another storm coming. He came over promptly at 9 o'clock. The SunSetter was completely out, he asked where the shade was and I told him that was what I was talking about. He told me upfront that I have no tress on the back of my house and that the SunSetter will not work to my perks. I asked him if it would work, but he said that he was going back to the office in Jacksonville and talk to the people there. He went back down there and I didn't get any answer from them.

A day or two went by and nobody was giving me a follow up. I called them and talked to the receptionist. I told her that I need to talk to the President of the company because the product is not working and I want a full refund. According to SunSetter's packet that they sent us, we can get our money back if we're not fully satisfied. I looked at the bottom of the contract that I signed, and it says, "non-refundable." When I talked to the President about it and told him that the SunSetter was not working, he said that they were not responsible for the SunSetter. He said that they're the dealership. I told him that I dealt directly with SunSetter, and they sent me a package and people from the dealership to talk to us about selling us the product and installing it. I expected him to honor what their contract is from SunSetter.

He only said sorry that it didn't work out, but it was non-refundable. I told him that I feel like they took advantage of me and my wife. I told him that the guy that sold us the SunSetter did not say anything about that it was non-refundable because I wouldn't have bought that SunSetter. I even thought about contacting the Better Business Bureau and the Attorney General, but I'm not gonna go out and waste my time. It was a bad experience and I will not recommend SunSetter to anyone. People that will buy this product should be aware of what they're getting into.

SunSetter Awnings response

We are very sorry to hear of your disappointment with your new awning and the services provided by your local independent SunSetter dealer. At SunSetter, we take great pride in our product quality, our service, and especially in the satisfaction of our customers.

We will reach out to you privately to discuss your experience with your dealer.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

Don was the one who did our first SunSetter awning and the job was great. He sent a couple who put it up and they were fabulous. It was wonderful and we never had a problem for five years. But it got within a fire so we were replacing it. We got an 18-foot one rather than an 11-foot. It is motorized and it’s the same color as the last time. It’s like wheat with the stripe in it.

But this time, we weren't quite as pleased. Ordering the awning was the very first thing we did when the fire was over. Don said three weeks but three weeks came and went. Then three more weeks came and went. I called him and asked what was going on. He said that they had to order it, that it wasn't his fault and that it was the manufacturer's fault. Okay, fine. Finally, the awning came. But he came and installed it with a guy, not the great team that he had before. The bolts weren’t right and he didn’t hang it. He kept saying that it needed to be pulled down a certain way. But I didn't think so. Anyway, he left. Afterwards, we called him back again and said that we've got waves in it. He said, "Oh, yeah. You get those.” But our awning never had waves before.

He came last weekend and finally put in the rest of the bolts that he said was sent wrong. He also stretched the awning a little bit but it’s not stretched the way it should be. It wasn’t smooth. It wasn’t good and I’m still not sure about the material. There are a lot of little marks in them that were never in there before. Maybe, the company changed the design or the material itself in five years. Nonetheless, I like Don. He is a very nice guy. It just seems like he might be having some problems. Maybe, it’s time for him not do this anymore, especially installing. He’s not an installer.

The awning is out everyday now. We live in Florida and we have it on our lanai, which is screened in. So the awning is always open. We also have carpeting on the lanai and a big table under the awning. We really made a big investment again with this awning. Don also charged us to take the old one. Then he charged us separately to put the new one up. That was $175 to take the old one down and another $350 to put the new one up. Then he took the old one with him so I don’t know if he was able to do anything with it or not. I don’t know whether would I go back to SunSetter or not if anything happens with this. I would tell others to look around to see if there’s another company and really check them out. Make sure when they say how long it would take that it’s close to that, not double or over-double.

SunSetter Awnings response

We are very sorry to hear of your disappointment with your new awning and the service provided by your local independent SunSetter dealer. At SunSetter, we take great pride in our product quality, our service, and especially in the satisfaction of our customers.

We will reach out to you privately to discuss your experience.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

SunSetter provided great options and dealing with them was fantastic. Their rep, Jonathan, lives in the same city as I do and he is really good. He told me about the hurricane down south and how it delayed the people who manufacture the fabric and slowed the orders down, which I completely understood. So everything is going fine and we're just waiting on the proper time.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

I have a backyard and in summertime, the sun comes to the back mostly, so I needed an awning. I had two choices and the other company didn’t call me back, so I went with SunSetter. When the agent came I told him that I want to put in something to prevent the rain from coming in. It goes to the back of the awning. But he didn’t give me that. Then finally, he gave me one but now it’s very hard to put around and I don’t know how they are gonna install that thing. The agent was irresponsible because he didn’t call the company when he was supposed to. He only called after two weeks. I had to call the company because I paid him and he cashed the check the next day but when I called the company they said nobody placed the order.

But the installation was very good. There were three men who came and they did it in a few hours. They were very friendly and knowledgeable about it. Every questions that I asked, they answered me. The awning is also very nice. It’s very comfortable. We had breakfast and lunch there. The few people that came and saw the awning liked it and asked me about it so I gave them the number of the company. But when I told them the price I was charged, they told me that was expensive.

SunSetter Awnings response

We are very pleased to hear that you are enjoying your SunSetter Awning. At SunSetter, we take great pride in our product quality, our service, and especially in the satisfaction of our customers. We hope you enjoy your Awning for years to come!

We will reach out to you privately to discuss your experience with your independent SunSetter dealer.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

I ordered a SunSetter Retractable Awning and the company gave me the name of an installation company, Kapstar LLC, as they don't install their own product. The president of the company came to my house. Discussed installation. I told him I had outdoor furniture that I needed protected from the rain. He told me where the proper place was to install the awning. His installers were 3 hours late, he was not there for installation, it had started to rain. The awning was not installed properly and water was pooling up on the awning. The water did not drain off the awning. The installers kept poking the awning with a pole to get the water off and said, "That's what you have to do," they would not correct the problem and kept asking for the rest of their money.

When I spoke with the president of the company, the one who sold me the awning, he never cared to take the time to come out my house to see if the awning was installed properly. He just kept asking for the rest of his money and did not care if I was satisfied, or even if the work was done properly - there was no pitch to the awning. He was extremely rude, unprofessional and incompetent. I was disappointed in SunSetter because I found out later they had many complaints about this company, yet they continued to recommend them. Don't EVER EVER use Kapstar LLC for installation.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

I just had my deck painted and it has been so hot there. I called SunSetter Awnings and they were very nice. They did all the measuring and they came to put it in. They were able to install it in about two hours. It's an 18x10 motorized awning in white and green color and I just push the button to use it. I like its quality very much.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

I've been wanting a SunSetter for years. I was watching their advertisement one night and decided to order one. This was after I retire where I can have a chance to enjoy it. I like the automatic version that they have, the one with the remote control that when the weather gets bad, it'd detract by itself. It would come in and out, it wouldn’t be just constantly in the weather. Everybody at SunSetter was good. The people that installed it explained the operation and everything about their service was good. I haven't had the opportunity to use it yet, but it'll work out for my needs.

SunSetter Awnings response

Please don't hesitate to contact us should you ever need assistance. We hope you enjoy your awning for years to come!

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

I live in a subdivision that has an HOA and they allowed me to put in a permanent type of glass covering. I needed a sort of shade so it would deflect the sun that was coming to the dining room that I have around sunset time. And in the fall, it’s an ideal thing to go out there and have some breakfast or barbecue. The shade would also deflect the sun so the heat wouldn’t get into my sunroom. The team at SunSetter Awnings is very helpful. They helped me pick a style out. My installation experience was very good. There were two boys that came out to do it and they installed the 12 foot wide by 10-foot awning efficiently. They ran a line down to the outlet for the remote control. The awning is sturdy. It has an electric motor that lets the awning retract automatically. It has some sort of an electronic eye that measures the wind, and if it’s too windy and I’m not in the house, it picks itself off.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2018

Ordered a 15' awning back in June. Showed up weeks after their initial ship date. When we ordered, one of the incentives was a free cover. The free cover was not with the awning when we finally received it, and we have still not received it...almost November. Never heard from them other than an email a long time ago that they had 1000 covers on back order. We had hardware mounted for the cover when they put the awning up, can only hope that this hardware will work when we receive it...or if we receive it. Rare for me to write a review like this but feel all should be aware of these issues and their lack of communication in regards to an obvious long term issue.

SunSetter Awnings response

We are very sorry to hear of your disappointment regarding the cover for your new Awning. Currently our cover is being redesigned to provide better service for your Awning. We do understand your concerns and are taking every effort to address them.

We apologize for the inconvenience, but want you to know that your satisfaction is very important to us. We expect to be shipping your cover out during November, and will ship it as quickly as possible. (Updated November 16) The covers have not shipped yet due to additional delays in the redesign process. Currently we believe they will be shipping in 2019.

Please don't hesitate to contact us if we can be of further assistance. We want you to enjoy your Awning for years to come.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2018

The person from SunSetter who came out to show us samples was very professional. He also came out when they installed it and they discussed everything with us. The installation was excellent and the crew showed us how it worked and my husband was pleased. We got an 18x12 beige and taupe awning and it goes perfectly with our house. It's motorized too, so if I press a button, it comes out. All in all, the service that we received was very professional and I would definitely refer SunSetter for their quality and professionalism.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

I was looking at awnings for quite a while and I thought that they would work good for what I wanted when I’m on my deck or around my pool. I was right but I was waiting. The cost was a factor and it held me off for some time. When I cold finally afford them, I went with it. The customer service rep came out to talk to me. He explained everything, made the prices and got all the measurements. He was very professional and pleasant enough to talk with. The team showed up and they were quite the characters. They knew what they were doing and made everything look easy. They joked amongst themselves and with me. I stood out there watching to see what was going on and they enjoyed what they did. They were enjoyable to have around.

The color of the awning matches with my pool. I was gonna go with a different color but the initial guy who came out recommended blue and pointed out the reasons. I took his advice and I was glad I did. What I wanted and what I thought would work probably would not have. I bought two motorized awnings with the remote control. They work perfectly and I’m extremely happy with them. I’m thinking of putting another one in. I really like those things.

I had a number of people comment on them and they asked me about it. My daughter lives across the street and she’s thinking about putting one up at the back of her house over her hot tub. I’ve recommended it very highly. I have the rep’s business card and I showed it to people who copied the information down whenever they walk by the pool. I’ve had three people who said that they have seen the ads on TV and now, they have seen how it works and that SunSetter is reliable. They were as impressed as I am.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

Our 15-year-old awning fell down on a storm and broke then we bought an automatic from SunSetter Awnings. It's 15 feet wide and extends almost 12 feet out, and has a remote control. We use it to provide shade on our deck, particularly when we're eating out there. Their team was very good, prompt, did an excellent job, and followed up. We're very satisfied and we wouldn’t want anything any better.

SunSetter Awnings response

Please don't hesitate to contact us should you need any assistance. We hope you enjoy your awning for years to come!

SunSetter Awnings expert review by ConsumerAffairs

SunSetter Products is America’s largest awning manufacturer. They specialize in retractable deck and patio awnings, freestanding awnings, window awnings and vertical solar shades. Customers can either buy awnings and install it themselves or have a free in-home consultation with SunSetter dealers who can install the awnings.

• Free consultation: The free consultation gives customers a chance to work directly with a SunSetter dealer and get expert advice on awnings and installation.

• Toll-free customer service line: Customer with issues or questions can receive support from their customer service hotline.

• Wide selection: Being the largest manufacturer of deck and patio awnings in America, SunSetter has a wide selection of awnings, fabrics and colors to choose from.

• Customer service: Because they are a national company with many different offices, their customer service varies depending on location.

• Best for: Homeowners, Business Owners

MA
1-800-876-2340
www.sunsetter.com
Your special offer awaits

Looking to save time and money? Join our community today! Community members receive important consumer news alerts and enjoy perks like discounts and special offers from brands they love. Ready to join?

Sign up now with your email address!

Join our community to recieve important consumer news and enjoy perks like discounts and special offers from brands you love.