4.40/5

Malden, MA

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

SunSetter Awnings offer both manual and motorized awnings that provide shade and protection, transforming your patio or deck. Our awnings provide cool shade that can help in those hot and humid months and helps keep the inside of your home cooler by blocking the sun's rays from coming in your windows and doors.

We want to provide you with the highest quality awnings at the absolute best prices. We provide a free in-home consultation and are committed to a long-term relationship with our customers.

SunSetter Awnings Gallery (1)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

1730 SunSetter Awnings Consumer Reviews

View 5 featured reviews
Original review: June 2, 2019

Our SunSetter awning came down with broken rafters. This has no reflection on the salesperson, but we've been waiting to repair and put it back up because of the rain. And it has not been done yet. It's laying in my garage. The thing that automatically recalls it did not work during a rainstorm. So, when I woke up in the morning, there was water on it, and it was standing about 3 feet above the ground instead of 6 or 7 feet up high. So, I called and the guy that installed it came out. When they installed it, they put two bolts and two rafters on one side. And they only used one on the other side instead of two on both sides. So, we both felt that it was not installed properly. But he tightened it to see if he could get it, and I was in the house when he was doing this. And when he tightened it, I could hear this sound and all three of the rafters that it was hooked to cracked. They can be replaced and Dan and I had talked about it a couple of times.

The last time I talked to him, I said, "I think I would just like to have my money back. I don't really like the experience." So, I don't know what he's doing about it. I don't know if he's even reported this. I don't know how to proceed. I didn't realize how windy it gets out here. I only moved here about eight months ago. And I couldn't tell them that because I hadn't experienced a winter here. But now that I have, I don't think I want it up. It just doesn't fit this type of area. And the salesperson has been very nice, but he's offering to come out and make the repairs himself. I don't want him to do that. I want a professional contractor to do it because I'm gonna sell this house in about three to four months, and I have to be able to say it's structurally sound.

If it wasn't in this area, I would tell a friend to get SunSetter. They responded to me. It hasn't been an unpleasant experience. It's just that the issue is not resolved. Now, that I've not had it up, and after this long timeframe, I would rather just have my money back. It's not SunSetter's fault. I think they're good company. I used them because I've heard of them before. And in fact, one of the houses I almost bought in Riverside instead of coming out here had one of the awnings. And I loved it. You just push a button. It goes out. You can pull it back if you want more light in the house. And that's one of the reasons why I did this. But, it doesn't work where I am. I'd recommend SunSetter to a friend.

Get expert buying tips about Awnings delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 18, 2019

I researched this product quite a bit after trying other methods of shading our southwest facing rear deck with temporary and fixed structures which all had weather issues sails and canopies. A motorized awning with automatic wind protection seemed to me to be the best option short of a project to enclose a portion of the deck and modify our roof line. Awnings have some weather limits since they are not intended to be load bearing structures. But within those limits they could economically meet my need. To find out if this could work for you.

Number 1 the website will contain the answers to any questions you will have. Number 2 read as much on the web and YouTube videos as you can find. Number 3 look at your site and determine the size and model that would fit your needs, think about sightlines and sun angles to determine what is required. Number 4 after getting all the information decide whether you will need a contractor's help for install or if you will install or oversee the install. I am average at DIY projects and after some review of the mounting methods for the brackets was able to mount them in a couple of hours. If you select the right awning and locate the brackets level, plumb, and properly spaced per instructions you are >90% done. The actual install takes a no more than an hour with a couple of extra hands to lift and clamp the mounting bar into the brackets and adjusting the pitch.

The product is very well engineered, instructions are very detailed and hardware provided is first rate either hot dip galvanized or stainless steel. I did have to supplement the provided hardware for the brackets with some 1" long 1" diameter aluminium spacers with a slightly larger ID than the 3/8" lag bolts I found on Amazon. Because I had vinyl siding mounted on a compressible foam sheathing board. This also meant I used lag bolts 1" longer than normal for the bracket attachments.

Most of the complaints I read while researching revolved around the delivery process or a contractor install. This is a large piece of real freight not a 5 pound FedEx box, the delivery process can take 14 days after it leaves the factory and someone will need to be there when it arrives and sign for it. You also need to be able to shield it from weather until install day. It sat in my garage on a convertible hand cart for a month until I had time and weather to install it. Contractors are a mixed bag, I wouldn't think of getting one unless they had installed the product you have on the type of wall you have and you have spoken to that customer on their satisfaction.

They are a little more than than some of the other options but can be purchased with significant discounts during low demand periods of the year and larger discounts to Costco members, often with common options included for no additional costs such as the wind sensor. If a rain sensor was available I would be interested since I have low pitch installation but I can't find one yet.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

It gets hot here in Sebring. Last month, the thermometer in the backyard was reading over a 100. I wanted to do an aluminum closure, but the counties down here are crazy with their permits and anything that’s permanently attached isn’t tax-free. So, I decided to purchase an awning. The people from SunSetter Awnings did a great job. Joe, the guy who came in, was a very nice man. He went over a whole bunch of stuff and he was very thorough.

We looked at the book which has the material in it and gives you a good view of what the pattern actually is. It has colors that SunSetter's TV advertisements do not show and they should show all those colors because some people would like different ones. I picked one out of the pamphlet and then Joe called me up a couple of days later. He said that they didn't have that color at the time, but it would take about three weeks to get it when you order it. A week later, he called me and said SunSetter got the color in so I could still get it if I want it. I told him to change the order back to the original one we picked and everything worked out well.

Joe, together with the technical guy that he had with him, also did the installation and I was very impressed with them. Joe kept me informed of everything including shipping, they did what they were supposed to do, and they had all the tools they needed so they didn’t have to go running around for nothing. They even changed some things as far as the way they wired the awning to the way I wanted it. The only issue I had was they forgot the side curtains that came with the package deal that I bought, but it was no problem. I called them up about that and Joe said they got the curtains. Then in about ten minutes, he called me back and asked me if he could bring the curtains the following week, which he did.

I’m pleased with the awning. It works fine and I got the remote control on it. It also does what they say it would do. It cuts the temperature down and you could sit out there when it’s 90 degrees and you’re not dying. You put the awning back and you’re soaking wet in ten minutes. The only thing you gotta do is remember to close it. I bought the wind sensor thing, but still, I have to close the awning because when it poured rain and it got wet, I hit the button standing there waiting for the water to come off, and the water came but the sensor didn't let me know it was coming so I got soaked.

I was not happy with the light kit that came with the awning too. It has cords in between it that are kinda curled up like crinkly or curly fries. I’m 6’4 and the outside back comes in just a little bit lower than 7 foot. Those wires hung down and when I'd walk out there, they were about to touch my head. So, I called SunSetter up, talked to Joe and asked him if I could get some of the little plastic clips they have to hang with the lights.

He called me back a day later and said that SunSetter would ship me those for nothing. I told him I'd pay them since that was something I wanted extra to put up there, so the wires would be out of the way. He said, "No," and told me I could send them back if I want. He then gave me a phone number to call which I called really quick. The rep who answered the phone was also nice. I was told that the clips were shipped the day before I called and I should have them the next day. So, I can't complain about that. The awning's got a wind warranty on it as well so if anything goes wrong with it, SunSetter will fix it. I'd recommend SunSetter to everybody. They’re not cheap, but they’re good. I’m very, very happy with them.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

We’ve been customers with SunSetter Awnings for a long time. We started out in the 80s buying an awning and their product is absolutely fantastic. Their flagpoles are resistant to anything and they are wonderful products. However, their downfall is their shipping. They say it’s free shipping but they use UPS. On one of our purchases, I kept calling and saying, “You said it would be two weeks, now it’s three weeks. Where is it? Now, it’s four weeks.” They said that UPS lost it. Those were 12 feet long tubes and they lost two of them, so the summer was practically over before we got them. We ordered an Oasis, a new product that's free-standing, and a regular one to be attached. I ordered them in June, but we got them in August.

I ordered another one again and the product itself was excellent. And just recently, I ordered another one and it came through UPS. The man from the UPS who delivered it wrote an ink on the label that the tube, which is tough hardboard, had been punctured, but they didn’t see any reasonable damage. I called SunSetter and I said that we haven’t opened it because I needed a handyman to put them up. I also read to them what the note read and I said, “So when we open it up, if there is any damage, I want you to be aware of it.” The customer service team was excellent and they were apologetic. I called to say that there was a slice in the tube and they said that they took all my notes down. They also said, “We tell them not to use a forklift but many times they do and using a forklift, they puncture the tube.”

SunSetter is an excellent product and I don’t think it can be beaten. Since we lost the whole summer with the UPS losing the product, at a certain point, I said to them, “The summer will be gone and we still don’t have it. Can you just order us a new one?” They said they make them as they are ordered and they are not something that is kept in stock. I finally convinced them to create two new ones for us and get it within the two weeks that they promised. Within a week, the original ones appeared, so I quickly called them and canceled the second order. They were very accommodating in trying to placate us by saying, “We’ll throw in a free cover and a few other items,” that are accessories that we didn’t need. They tried to be accommodating by giving us those items for free which were about a total of $500 retail, which was considerate.

SunSetter Awnings response

We are very pleased to hear that you are enjoying your SunSetter Awnings and your flagpoles. At SunSetter, we take great pride in our product quality, our service, and especially in the satisfaction of our customers, and we particularly enjoy hearing from our long-standing customers.

Regarding UPS Freight, they generally provide reliable, high-quality delivery services to SunSetter owners. We apologize that you did not get to experience them at their best.

Please don't hesitate to contact us should you need any assistance. We hope you enjoy your awning for years to come!

Original review: July 23, 2018

A year ago, with all of the SunSetter ads that I saw, I thought the awning was great and I would love it. I like to sit outside whatever the weather is so the awning would be good for me. Even if it was raining, I could sit out there. I wanted to get one so I got in touch with SunSetter and they put me through to a local dealer, who came in and spent five minutes here. He looked at the wall and he said they could not do it as there wasn’t enough space above the window. My one wall facing the sun is completely window and it goes all the way up to the edge. He recommended I go to Home Depot and ask them if they had a tent that I could use. I lost that idea and did nothing more about it.

However, I kept getting ads for the awning and just three months ago, I was thinking why they keep on reminding me of something that I really want but I can't have. I called SunSetter and asked them to stop sending me their ads. They couldn't do it for me and that’s that. They put me through to another dealer who happened to be Patrick. Instead of taking me off the list, he asked if he could come and take a look. I agreed but I told him that I know there isn’t three inches at the top and that they couldn't do it. He took one look and said he could put it in the roof easily, but it would cost me a little bit more. I told him that we could talk about it and see what we could do. We went from there and now I have my awning.

It didn’t have to be put into the roof tiles because there wasn’t any space on the wall itself to do it. It took a lot more and it cost me $3,500 altogether, which was a lot more than I wanted to pay, but I had my mind set on what I wanted. Patrick had a lot to contend with as far as SunSetter was concerned, but to my understanding, it was the delivery people's fault. I paid $2,000 down but I had to wait a full two months to get my awning in because the delivery people lost all of the equipment. I'm not happy with the SunSetter service that I had gotten. They should be a bit more careful who they employ to transport their materials and they need to be on top of the job.

But Patrick bent over backwards to try to make things right for me. He went ahead and he gave me a deal because I had to wait so long. There was something on here that senses if the wind gets too strong and causes the awning to automatically close up. He didn’t charge me for that and lost out. He had already been paid to receive the material and just did it for me. SunSetter should keep that in mind and refund him in some way, but they don’t do stuff like that. He certainly satisfied me but he suffered for it from many points of view because he couldn’t get the materials to do his job. That was unfortunate, but I'm delighted with the job that he did. He does all kinds of work and as far as I'm concerned he's my permanent handyman. As far as the materials and the way the awning works, SunSetter did excellently. I love the awning and it's making a big difference to my life. I can sit out there all afternoon and read very happily.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SunSetter Awnings?

Original review: July 11, 2019

I needed an awning and since I’ve seen SunSetter on TV and I've got a lot of their in-mail advertising, I chose to purchase from them. I had an excellent experience with their team and I was impressed with their knowledge. The selections they offered were perfect and I went with a motorized model. The installation was also excellent and my SunSetter awning has perfectly met my expectations.

Original review: July 6, 2019

I heard that SunSetter was a good company. Their rep was professional and I got a nice price, but the advertisement on TV talks like they are a whole lot cheaper than what they really are. Other than that, the awning is doing okay so far. The installation was fine too.

Original review: July 5, 2019

We tried purchasing SunSetter a long time ago and we got it through Costco. But they got lost three times and they could never deliver the product. So, we just gave up on it. Then my daughter got one from Leroy. So, she gave me their name and I called them. Then Leroy and his wife came and spoke to us. They were very professional. They came up and put up two motorized awnings because the windows are on the south side of the house. The installation was terrific and they kept everything cleaned up. I like the shade from our new awning and I’ve enjoyed the push button.

Original review: July 5, 2019

SunSetter Awnings' rep was as helpful as helpful can be. He was a rip-roaring alcoholic though. I don’t know what he was doing driving around Tucson in that shape, but he took my order, gave me some good advice and sent out a crew of guys to put the awning up. The installers put it up in an hour. The selections I was given were pretty good and I bought a motorized awning. It’s a little warm underneath it, but that’s Tucson. But at least, it’s in the shade. I’d recommend SunSetter to anyone.

Original review: July 4, 2019

We have windows on the west side, and it gets really hot out on our deck. We wanted to have some cover so we could go out there and enjoy the view but not be roasted. My husband purchased SunSetter and apparently, he called our local dealer and was going to order it from them. Unbeknownst to him, the phone call was transferred to the factory. He ordered it from them, and we wanted it installed. But when he went to call the dealer to get it installed, they told him since he wasn’t a customer of theirs, they wouldn’t install it. So, it’s sitting in our driveway the same as it came a month ago. He tried to call back the factory and nobody was interested in hearing about it.

Original review: July 4, 2019

I was happy with our SunSetter that we had for years. However, it wasn't automatic and we didn't get it in during a windstorm here so it got twisted and was torn up. We decided to replace it and went for an automatic this time. The rep was very helpful, and though it took them a little while to get everything, electricity stuff, the awning worked fine. It was put up in no time. I got it on my deck. And we use our deck a lot with it, more than we would without it. I also have flowers that I store, and the awning keeps it a lot cooler inside there. It really helps. I’m perfectly happy with my SunSetter and I recommend it.

Original review: July 3, 2019

We've been in our house for one year and last summer was just too hot to sit outside without an awning. We had friends that have a SunSetter awning. The SunSetter team was helpful, very friendly, and thorough with us. We bought a tan colored awning, very neutral to match our house and to pass neighborhood HOA. And it’s close to being the largest. It retracts and we got the option with the lights underneath.

The installer was very helpful and took the spot out our back. He gave me a couple of options and we picked the spot that worked the best. The installation took very little time. He was very thorough and showed us how to use the remote. We need the awning whether or not we’re sitting outside. We use it as much as possible because even if we don't sit outside, we have a lot of windows across our back and it keeps our inside cooler by blocking the sun. It was a really good purchase we made. We would highly recommend it.

Original review: July 3, 2019

My husband just recently became disabled. They put an addition on our home and a little deck outback outside the addition. It didn't have any coverage. I wanted him to be able go outside and enjoy being out there without getting sunburned. I felt like SunSetter was probably the best way to go or something that at least has some kind of name to it so I went with them. The company who came out went over everything with us and gave us options on different colors and different little fancy things. We ended up getting the LED lights added on to it so we can be out there in the evening. They were really nice. After we talked to them, it was not even two weeks that they came out and installed it, and it was done that same day. They only actually took a few hours and they cleaned up everything. It was like they were never even there so that was kinda nice.

My neighbors saw that I had it, and they were like, "These are really nice. Where did you get it? How much was it? We wanna get one." I told them I definitely would recommend getting them because it's nice. During the days where you want sun, you can kinda retract it a little bit. And during the days where you want to just sit in the shade, you can do that too. I like having that option whereas if you have just a normal awning there, it's just kinda fixed that way and there's no other option.

Original review: July 2, 2019

Friends of ours had SunSetter installed and were very happy, which made us go with SunSetter. Everyone, from the salesperson to the installer, was very professional. I was impressed that they returned my calls when I called, which is not something that happens all the time. They also kept to their word of when they were coming. I had one outstanding item that has to do with the cover for the awning and they've assured me that I'll get it. It was very comfortable and no major concerns at all. The awning has met our expectations by far and I would recommend SunSetter.

Original review: July 2, 2019

We had a SunSetter awning on our house in Belle Fourche. We liked that one a lot and we decided to buy another one for this house that we purchased. We have a big window and a door on the west side of our house, and the patio was out there also. The awning is motorized and we ordered the color to match the paint on the house. We’ve got it installed on our own and we didn’t have any difficulty with it. We just had a few people here to help us ‘cause it was 15-footer and pretty heavy. We really like it because we can now sit out here in the evening and it’s like having another room on the house.

Original review: July 1, 2019

The sun kept getting hotter and hotter on our back. Also, we have a huge patio and we like to entertain, and people kept staying in our house instead of out in the patio. So, we decided to get an awning and we purchased the Pro 17 x 11 Platinum Awning from SunSetter. We looked at three others but we didn’t like their look, style or price. SunSetter's team was wonderful, too. We called their 1-800 number and they told us that there was a local contractor in our area. So, we contacted them. The rep who came out showed us two different sets of fabric then they came up with a newer set. We ended up picking the darker one which is almost brown and I love it. That one’s supposed to be the longer lasting one and the more sun-resistant. It was different than the original and we got the features for the shade added as well as the wind.

We had one issue when they put in the electrical box part and that gave out a couple of months after it was installed. But when we contacted them, the tech was back by the next day. He replaced it right away, so we have no issue with them. So far, the awning is working because people are staying out on the patio now. It’s a excellent investment.

If you’re suffering in the sun in your back or the sun sets in your back, it is a necessity. If you like to enjoy your backyard like I do and you don’t really wanna be closed in to a screen den, you should get it. I also debated on getting a screen den but we’re on water and I like the view. So, I didn’t wanna be closed in. My brother-in-law will be here tomorrow and he’s been complaining about his back. So, I’ll be bragging tomorrow about our SunSetter awning and tell him that it's what he needs to get. I would recommend all of our awning's features as well. I love the LED lights and my husband was really impressed with them. I love the wind sensor, too.

Original review: July 1, 2019

A friend of mine had a SunSetter awning at their house and I looked at how it was set up. I purchased an awning with navy blue stripes against a cream background and it was installed pretty quickly.

Original review: June 30, 2019

I just moved into a new home and needed some cover on my back porch. Another person in the community recommended SunSetter Awnings. Their team was very polite and thorough. Also, the installers did a fine job, were respectful and courteous. It was a good experience.

Original review: June 30, 2019

I got a SunSetter pamphlet and that sealed the deal. They had a very good selection and I'm very happy with my selection. I got a motorized awning. Their people were excellent and I liked their speed. They said it was gonna be a month but and it ended up being about four or five days, so I wasn't quite ready for the awning yet. But the installers were very professional and got the work done quickly. The awning has been everything I expected it to be.

Original review: June 30, 2019

We saw an awning at our friend's house and we went with the company that they used which was SunSetter. The salesperson was good. We had a little issue at the installation where they blew a fuse on the outlet in the garage. We didn't realize there was even an outlet there so then we were having trouble. We couldn't close the garage door. We were trying to figure out down in the circuit box. We couldn't see it, so we didn't know what happened. When we called and asked them about it, they didn't tell us. That was very frustrating, but it's minor.

We are pretty happy with our SunSetter awning. It has a nice quality. But wind will interfere with using it sometimes. When we are sitting on the deck and it's sunny because our deck faces south, we just put it out. We live on top of a hill and it's often very windy. The awning can't stay on the wind so it retracts in the wind. Sometimes, you can't use it, and our dog is afraid of it because it slaps the wind.

Original review: June 29, 2019

SunSetter's rep was very well-informed and I was so happy with the options I was given. I got the model with a remote. The installation was very good. I was impressed with how fast the installer did it and how good he was. Plus, he was very meticulous with things. So far, everybody likes the awning, especially us.

Original review: June 29, 2019

I purchased the 12 feet laminated awning and we got the remote with the wind sensor. We have just a small home but we get the morning sun, and it comes in through our sliding patio doors. One of the first things I do when I get up in the morning is put that out because that makes such a difference in being able to use the back of the house. On their end, the SunSetter reps were professional and they knew the product. However, their flyer is very deceiving. It says you get this and that free, “Please call your local representative.” It makes you think that if you go through your local representative, whose name is right on the envelope, that those free things are going to come. Also, we could’ve ordered it direct, but then it was dropped at our door, I had to take it off the truck and then I had to find somebody that was going to be able to move it and put it up.

Original review: June 28, 2019

I like our SunSetter awning very much. We have it in front of our garage where we sit quite a bit. It keeps the sun off of me, and when we have a garage sale, I put stuff out underneath it. It’s a motorized one and they did a good job installing it. I just don’t like the side curtains that I bought and would like to sell it back to them. Other than that, I recommend it.

Original review: June 28, 2019

I've been wanting to have an awning in the back and SunSetter was the best thing. I got a two-color awning - beige and burgundy. The installer did well. The only problem I have now is when it rains, it doesn't wanna work. It's like there's no power going through. I have to wait for the sun to dry it for it to start working. I thought it was broken. Other than that, the awning is good so far.

Original review: June 28, 2019

SunSetter was highly recommended and advertised. It also seemed to suit the bill for what I needed. I had a slab that was already poured and was used, but nothing to keep the bright sun on that west side from coming in that’s why I went for it and called them and asked them to come out. They did the installation very quickly. It was done beautifully and I really enjoyed it.

The only thing was that when I paid it, I put SunSetter on my check and then it wasn’t SunSetter, it was somebody else and I didn’t realize it. The guy that did the work did not explain to me or look at the check. Kim, the one that handled it from this end right where I am, wanted me to put it on my card. I said no and that I'm going to wait until the check comes back so I don’t get confused and pay two or three times. She was a little upset about that. It took me a couple of weeks of waiting on the mail and to get that check back before I went to write another one. That was a nuisance having to go back and forth trying to get that check cleared up.

Right now, I'm waiting on somebody to come and shorten one side of the awning or raise it up or tighten it. It is lower by 10 inches than the west side is and then it seemed like after we had heavy rain, it came down more. I don't know what it takes and I have no idea. I hope this person comes and gets my thing fixed. It's been three weeks now. One week, the guy was out, and then he came back and this past Monday, but I haven't seen either a hair of him. But then the issue hasn't prevented me from using the awning. I got the adjustable one or the motorized and on the first night, my cat got up on the desk and rolled it up and I didn’t know it ‘cause I had the drape shut. When I woke up the next morning, it had rained all over everything.

Original review: June 27, 2019

I had a very small patio out in my backyard. And the aluminum awning needed to be replaced, and I wasn't so sure what I was going to do. And my son has a SunSetter and he just loves it. So, I thought I'd try it. I just needed a little bit of shade out in the back, and I just picked a plain color. I just wanted a basic covering. And I wanted the windimizer. My son said that would be a really good added feature in case I wasn't home and a wind picked up.

The installation was excellent and everything was fine. The only problem I had was on my end of the thing. My son said that he could put in an electric outlet out there for me for it because I didn't have an electric outlet outside, and he wasn't able to do it. So, at present, it's hooked up to an outlet I have inside of my garage which is fine for now. Everything was fine with my experience with SunSetter. I didn't have any problems at all and I'm very satisfied. I would definitely recommend it.

Original review: June 27, 2019

SunSetter was very professional and did a very good job. The guy that sold us the awning was very helpful. I bought a motorized awning and it was a little on the expensive side. The installation was fine though and their guy explained everything. I asked him some questions and got all my questions answered so I knew what was going on. I like that the awning keeps me out of the sun. It is a very nice awning and it has lived up to what I’ve seen on TV for years.

Original review: June 26, 2019

SunSetter has been in business for a long time, and I've known them for a long time too. I also know people who have owned SunSetter awnings for a long time. It's a good product. I worked with a contractor in getting mine and the experience was fine. We sat down at the kitchen table and the guy went through a notebook with me and showed me different options. I got the first one, and then a year later, I got the second in matching color. My awnings have a sensor and would retract by themselves if it's too windy. However, they're not quite the same. They're not calibrated the same way as one is much more sensitive than the other. I'm wondering if it's a preset at the factory that you can't touch or is there a way to adjust it. Other than that, I would recommend SunSetter.

Original review: June 26, 2019

I bought a house and the back porch faces the sun when it sets. The sun sets in the west of my house and it was so hot. So, I thought, I’ll see if the SunSetter works. I saw their ad on TV and I signed up on the internet and they called me. Their team was great. The guy that sold it to me also installed it. And he was just super nice and he explained everything to me. He showed me the remote. He also made sure I knew what to do if the awning got wet. I use the awning so that I can sit out on my porch at night, in the afternoon, and my flowers don’t get burned up. I’ve had a great experience with it. It’s beautiful and it makes my house look pretty. And a neighbor liked it so much. He came over and I showed him how it works and he also bought two, one for his front yard, one for his back.

Original review: June 26, 2019

We have had several motorhomes that had awnings on them so we were aware of SunSetter Awnings and how much we liked them. We live in Nevada. Our patio faces west and we get the afternoon sun. We love our SunSetter now. It's excellent. We were kind of limited by our HOA so we ended up with the beige one. The lady we bought it from was great. The installers were very friendly and were happy to explain what they were doing. They did a good job.

SunSetter Awnings expert review by ConsumerAffairs

SunSetter Products is America’s largest awning manufacturer. They specialize in retractable deck and patio awnings, freestanding awnings, window awnings and vertical solar shades. Customers can either buy awnings and install it themselves or have a free in-home consultation with SunSetter dealers who can install the awnings.

• Free consultation: The free consultation gives customers a chance to work directly with a SunSetter dealer and get expert advice on awnings and installation.

• Toll-free customer service line: Customer with issues or questions can receive support from their customer service hotline.

• Wide selection: Being the largest manufacturer of deck and patio awnings in America, SunSetter has a wide selection of awnings, fabrics and colors to choose from.

• Customer service: Because they are a national company with many different offices, their customer service varies depending on location.

• Best for: Homeowners, Business Owners