2. Homeowners
  3. Appliances

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.71/5

Rheem Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rheem?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rheem?

Original review: June 14, 2020

Mine is about 10 years old and it’s fine. I haven’t had a problem except last season it needed Freon. Mine was installed by Greg Hookenshoven Heating and Air Conditioning. Great service. He comes quickly when called for service. Can’t say enough.

Original review: June 13, 2020

Rheem is a good product, well made, and has a great track record. Parts are easy to get and it is easy to repair when needed even though that’s rarely. The life span of a Rheem is 20-25 years. If I had to purchase another heating and air unit it would be a Rheem.

Get buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 12, 2020

Love the system. Bought a 5 ton 20 SEER Heat Pump. Unit is very quiet, runs on low most all of the time. The house is in LA (Lower Alabama) 30 mile from the Gulf of Mexico. Love the ECONET system. I am able to control the heat pump and my water heater from a app on phone. Helps save money as you can control the temperatures of both with the app when you go off or temperatures needs change with a large group of people in the house. System lets you know when it is time to clean or replace air filters.

Original review: June 7, 2020

I bought a new home in 1984 which had a 4 ton Rheem central air conditioner system which ran for 20 years. Updated with a Rheem 5 ton system ten years ago and haven’t had a problem to date. I also recently replaced my water heater with a Rheem which is very efficient. I highly recommend their product line.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2019

I had a Rheem HVAC unit with a motor burned out during a HOT Summer in Alabama a few days ago. The local Distributor did not honor my warranty due to the fact that my problem comes up after the Unit installation date; but, it was within my warranty registration date. I called Rheem warranty department and was fortunate to speak to a lovely lady named Michelle. She took times listened to my explanation and willing to work and help me with the warranty part. The authorized Rheem technician was able to help restore the HVAC unit to its operations. I wanted to thanks Michelle personally and thanks Rheem manufacturing department for going the extra mile to listen and review my case. With this type of professional service, I am rest assure to continue to buy Rheem products for my future need. Again, thank you very much.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2020

The unit's condenser (Model RA1660AJ1NA) stopped operating after 1.5 years. I call the service rep and says best delivery will take a week of more (it's July and hot). We await service call back on shipment and no word. We call again. No idea when the part arrives. Email to Rheem about the problem and desire for expedited service. No response. I'm not sure what quality parts they have but I feel their professional behavior is unacceptable. The customer is unimportant and not worthy responding to. Unfortunately, I made a big investment already and can't back it out. But if you are in decision mode, think twice before committing.

Original review: July 21, 2020

I have purchased Rheem Tankless Water Heater. Their warranty states 5 years. My heater broke recently and had to be replaced. Rheem renewed their water heater since my purchase and new unit had to be installed. Even though it was under warranty I was charged $100 extra to get the new unit. Their warranty is not really good if they charge you for the new unit especially when there is an issue with their own equipment. On top of that I had to pay labor again which was not covered under the warranty and I understood. I contacted Rheem directly, however, they pointed me to their distributors and it is not up to Rheem while the distributor clearly pointed to Rheem.

Original review: July 10, 2020

Hot water stopped working. Had a plumber out that called Rheem. He did what they told him to do. They sent parts. Same thing happened. Rheem would not do anything about it. We had no hot water for four days. My husband is sick and we need to always have hot water for for him.

Original review: July 10, 2020

If a zero rating was possible I would. Within a five span I had to replace the motor. I've had so many service call for this unit it's ridiculous. Just had a service call last week because the unit isn't working and here I am a week later needing another service call. Save yourself the headache and run.

Original review: July 9, 2020

10 years ago, I was advised to replace my central air unit with the best known company. Well, here I am today, and It's been nothing but problems and annual costs since my purchase. The unit materials are cheap, causing oxidation, etc which requires parts to be replaced. My previous AC unit lasted over 30 years! Rheem is a rip off.. Very disappointed! They should offer at least a rebate when a unit doesn't last over 10 years!

Rheem author review by ConsumerAffairs

Rheem Manufacturing Company was founded in 1925 in Emeryville, CA. Today, it is the world’s only manufacturer that produces heating, cooling, water heating, pool/spa heating and commercial refrigeration products.  In addition to their other products, Rheem specializes in central air conditioners for homes and businesses.

• Easy to find: Rheem is sold by independent contractors around the world and at retailers nationwide. Easily find an independent Rheem contractor or retailer in your area through Rheem’s website.

• Homeowner resource center: Rheem’s online homeowner’s resource center is the best place to find all the information you need on local contractors, financing, rebates and warranties for all of your Rheem products.

• Heart of Comfort (HOC): Rheem’s HOC program was created as a way to unify all of Rheem’s charitable giving across the continent. The program is committed to helping communities across the country gain access to home comforts, including heating and cooling. Find out about events in your area and how you can help through Rheem’s website.

• Tax credit information: The federal tax program can be confusing, which is why Rheem website’s thorough and step-by-step explanation of how they work is so helpful. Find out what products qualify for credit, what your limit is and how long you have to take advantage of the tax credits.

• Financing: Rheem works with Synchrony Bank to offer consumers financing options for their home comfort products. Consumers can enjoy features such as convenient monthly payment options, competitive interest rates and an open credit line for future purchases.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team