2. Homeowners

4.2/5 (256 ratings)
Shop Now
Call Now Toll Free

About Renewal by Andersen

Renewal by Andersen is a full-service manufacturer and installer of replacement windows and doors. Windows are custom-built, professionally installed and backed by a strong warranty. The company offers free in-home consultations to go over your needs and design options. Renewal by Andersen is located in more than 100 U.S. markets and has installed nearly 3 million windows.

Pros

• Customized orders
    • Free in-home consultation
    • Warranty covers installation
    • Financing available

Cons

• Three to seven weeks to manufacture
    • Can be expensive

Bottom Line

Renewal by Andersen offers long-lasting replacement windows with a strong warranty and excellent customer reviews. It has a variety of styles and custom sizes available. Schedule a free consultation for more information.

Renewal by Andersen Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Renewal by Andersen?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Renewal by Andersen?

Original review: Oct. 14, 2021

We bought five double-hung windows from Renewal by Andersen. The rep I worked with was great and wonderful. It was not a pressure sale. He came in, took a look at what we were interested in replacing, showed us the product, explained what the timeline might be. We didn't make a decision right on the spot. He said when we were ready just to let him know. I was very confident that he knew what he was talking about. The installation went really well. They showed up in the morning. The lead person introduced me to his crew. He asked me to show him where the units were going in. He took it from there. They worked away. It took the whole day. He thought they would get done a little earlier in the afternoon, but it was late afternoon when they finally finished. The job they did was just beautiful. The windows are not inexpensive, but they are worth every penny. They're just really in a class above everything else in terms of windows.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2021

Although they promise a great experience in buying their replacement windows, my ongoing event is being nothing but a disaster! After placing an order with deposit 6 months ago, the work has been scheduled 4 times...and cancelled 4 times before performance, with no clear explanation other than "backlog"! I am still waiting for any information and my telephone calls, e-mails and letters are being ignored with no reply. I have also suggested a refund but have not heard and must now consider whatever future action I can take.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2021

Originally, I didn't want to go back to Andersen 'cause the windows I replaced were Andersen and they were all rotted out in 20 years, no coverage, nothing. But I was forced because the people that I hired to do the job said they couldn't get the windows after about seven months. They were going to use a different brand, which seems to work out pretty well for the people in my neighborhood. The installation crew was very nice. They worked as a good team and they did a very good job.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2021

I made an appointment with Andersen for this past Thursday—one hour before our appointment it got canceled by them. I called to reschedule and was told it would be another 2 weeks before someone would be able to come. SO FRUSTRATING. Was offered $150 for my inconvenience—such a disappointment! I had already waited two weeks for the first appointment. I will find another company that deserves my business.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2021

We needed a new door installed and signed the original contract on June 16, 2021. We are being charged nearly 9k for one French door. The advertising stated that there was a 40% discount but I do not see it reflected on the papers. We had a metal roof installed on the entire house for 15k and this is nearly as much. A team finally came to install the door on September 17, 2021 but the locking mechanism does not work and the door functions poorly all around. They sent someone out to check it and they said they are going to fix it. Still waiting, now October 11.

When you close the door the windows rattle and the door makes a metal clanging noise. It is not sealed at all. When it rains you can hear the rain on the porch really loud and with a simple touch of the edge of the door the sound is silenced. The contractor did a horrible job. Like I said they are charging nearly 9k and there is still no screen. Plus the job of staining the trim for around the door was left up to us. I want this fixed and expect a 40% discount, plus I feel like having to do the trim myself should be reimbursed. I will update this accordingly when satisfaction is met.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2021

Renewal by Andersen had been recommended by a friend and we liked the guy who came out from Andersen. We purchased all storm windows for the house. My experience with their rep was good.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2021

This experience was a total nightmare. Started with a sales pitch that was all lies. I am now into week 5 of installation that was to take 1 & 1/2 days and still not complete. Sloppy & unprofessional workmanship. Totally regret choosing this company!!

Renewal by Andersen response

Good morning, Christina. I'm very sorry to hear about your experience so far. I've reached out to the team this morning with your feedback above so that they can get you an update asap.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2021

Most of the companies I called didn't want to do one window, which was all I had. Renewal by Andersen did. They were also one of the few that do it without removing any siding from the house. That was a huge plus for me. I paid $2,500 for one window. That was a lot of money and it hurt me. But I did it anyway because I can't physically do it anymore. I installed the original ones in ‘96. This one just broke so I had to get it replaced. I called Renewal by Andersen on the 9th of June and the window was installed on the 28th of September. The window was very nice and I liked the look of it. They did a beautiful job.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

Our house is 32 years old and we had Andersen Windows in there. They weren't the renewable ones so some of the wood started to show damage. We decided to put all new windows in and Renewal by Andersen did the job. Everything went just well and we had a good crew here. I'm very happy with the windows and I would recommend Renewal by Andersen to anybody if they are going to replace windows.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2021

The timeframe from when we made our order until technicians were able to come for the installation took a while because of COVID. The door came in damaged so they had to order another one. The timeframe was a little bit longer than I thought it was going to be but not as long as we were originally told. Renewal by Andersen was very quick the first time around. But the interior work was not as good as I would have expected. They sent a second guy and he was really good. He fixed everything perfectly so I'm very happy with the end product. All in all, things worked out pretty well.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2021

Renewal by Andersen seemed like a better choice to go with than somebody I didn't know anything about. I've been seeing their advertisements forever and I liked the company's size and reputation. It happened that I needed something done and I'm glad that I did that with them. My sales rep was really fabulous and she explained everything clearly and precisely. We went over several different options on things.

I had an egress window replaced in my basement. The installation was a breeze and the crew knew what they were doing. They got everything installed. They had to use the Sawzall because they had put panes that were in a wood frame. They had to cut that off first before they could get the other window out. They estimated the work to take a few hours but it didn't take as long as they thought it was gonna take. Everything went smoother than they were expecting. They then cleaned up everything.

I am thrilled to death with the window and I love it. I may have paid more than I would pay with another company, but the peace of mind I got from it was worth the money because Renewal by Andersen was wonderful and professional. They cared more about my wants and needs than their sale. I had a fabulous experience overall. I have three other doors in this house that need to be replaced. I showed those to the sales rep and she's gonna come back and we're gonna price those out when I'm able to do that.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2021

We used Renewal by Andersen before in our house and they were the best contractor we ever had. We like their service. They are so neat and they do what they say. They come and measure the stuff and they have a great process. It's very coordinated and nicely done. When they leave, everything is perfect. The last job we had them do was for one window in the kitchen. Before that, we had a bunch of windows done. If we have any windows to get done in the future, Renewal by Andersen would be the first we would call. The windows have been terrific. The other ones that we had done years ago are operating and taking a test of time. I would recommend Renewal by Andersen to anybody.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2021

Working with Renewal by Andersen was simple and easy. Our rep was easy to talk with and he was honest about the product. He gave us the information we were looking for and was knowledgeable about what he was selling. The people who came in for the installation were very professional. Our windows are of nice quality and we love them. We had a great experience.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2021

Renewal by Andersen came to me, gave me a quote within 10 minutes, and did everything. The windows were really expensive. But the process was easy and hassle-free. The windows are in and they look to be of good quality. They are sun-proof and you can take them out and wash them. The installers were a bunch of nice people. Everyone had a job and they were seamless. They left no mess. The only thing is I've been trying to get Andersen to give me an itemized invoice and I can't get them to do that.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2021

I liked the speed at which Renewal by Andersen could get things done and the warranty. They replaced a door and eight windows. The timeframe was going to be within a month and a half, but it took longer due to some other issues. Nonetheless, I'm happy with the product. They're not leaking.

Renewal by Andersen response

Thanks for your honest feedback, Robert! We really appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. If you have any questions or concerns down the road, please let us know. Have a wonderful week.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2021

The timeline they provided was a short period of time considering the pandemic and they kept the timeline. The installer got the installation done in a day that they said they would. It was perfect and he cleaned up everything.

Renewal by Andersen response

Thank you for your feedback, Teresa. We really appreciate it. And thanks for trusting our team with your project.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2021

Work recently completed included installing 9 Andersen windows. The finished product install looks great! More importantly, the team they hired to install the windows also had to repair the damage & rot under a double-window unit. The attention to detail by the team & their craft knowledge to make the extensive repairs made all the difference to keeping the project on track, excellent repairs, & attention to detail, down to patching a small area in another room without being asked to do so. We 100% recommend Andersen windows & the installation team. Yes, the windows are expensive. We ordered in March 2021, installation was September 2021 with the delay due to our jobs, not due to Andersen, they were ready to do the install in May 2021.

Renewal by Andersen response

Thanks for your detailed review, Diane. We always appreciate feedback from homeowners about their project. If you need us for anything down the road, please don't hesitate to reach out. Thanks again!

Original review: Sept. 17, 2021

Highly recommend this install team. Bill the crew boss was extremely knowledgeable and managed the process flawlessly. The remaining members of the crew were equally skilled and professional. Site was completely covered at the start and spotless when they left. Great experience.

Renewal by Andersen response

Thanks for the great review, Bill. We appreciate your feedback. And thanks for choosing Renewal by Andersen.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2021

The windows are beautiful. Install looks great. Wife said installers were courteous and even wore shoe covers in the house, so I’m glad there were no issues there. Kevin, sales guy, was thorough and knowledgeable and did a great job breaking down the competitive advantage of his products. I had another company out here to that quoted slightly cheaper, but I still went with RBA by Mr. **. He also did a great job tailoring the product to suit my primary concern. Took months to get the install done. Wish the turnaround was quicker, but I’m sure that can be attributed to the pandemic. They sent me a change request on my contract which I totally misinterpreted, and I thought they installed the wrong windows. Turns out they didn’t. Product delivered was as promised but, barring my own miscalculation, the change language could have been clearer. Otherwise, I had zero issues, and Looking forward to see how the install and products hold up.

Renewal by Andersen response

Shawn, thanks for that feedback. If you have any issues, questions, or concerns, please let us know! Appreciate you trusting our team with your project. Thanks again for taking a minute to leave us a review - it's much appreciated. Have a great week!

Original review: Sept. 8, 2021

We called Renewal by Andersen and made an appointment. The salesperson came out and was on time, very friendly and cordial. After that, the measurer came out and did an excellent job. Both the salesperson and the measurer did a very thorough job. After that, it went to the manufacturer. We were called when the windows were ready for installation and we were given a choice of when we wanted them installed. We chose to wait. It was during the pandemic, and we have two children who are at high risk. They held our windows in storage for a year for us and never flinched. They were cooperative whenever we talked with them, and they said, “No problem. We'll do it when you are ready.” The installation, when we finally decided on it, went very smooth, and the people were very careful. We were completely pleased with how it all went. I would recommend them.

Renewal by Andersen response

Hi Elaine! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, we are so glad to hear your installation went well and that you are happy with your new windows! We appreciate your trust in Renewal.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2021

The original windows in the house were Andersen. Considering the house is over 40 years old and we still had the original windows, we wanted to stick with Andersen. The original set had lasted for such a long time. We had sliders installed and there were also glass sliding doors. We loved Josh, our consultant. He was super nice, helpful, and knowledgeable. Also, all of our interactions with the installation team were very positive. There were a couple of issues they came out and fixed for us. The cost is high but we are planning on never having to do this again in our lifetime.

Renewal by Andersen response

Hi Rebecca! We appreciate the kind words and you trusting us with your replacement project! It was awesome working with you.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2021

Where are the weatherstrips?! Is there a worldwide shortage? What else could explain a 90 day radio-silence from Renewal by Andersen? It’s been 2 hurricanes and a tropical storm—going on two since I’ve seen the install crew or heard from them. I knew this wasn’t going to end well when they (the installers) showed up 4 hours past the schedule timeframe. To blame it on the “much bigger project” you did before arriving late is one thing but to rush my 3-window and a door and disappear for 3 months is beyond unprofessional. It’s crooked. Every time I call they just say the same thing, “waiting on the weatherstripping, we’ll call you when we have an update“. Well here’s an update for you…I should have gone with Pella Windows.

Renewal by Andersen response

Hi! First we want to apologize for the inconvenience! Unfortunately due to production slow downs across the globe and labor shortages we are experiencing product shortages including weather-strips. However, our team is aware of your concerns and we are working on a resolution to get this taken care of for you. We appreciate your patience during this time!

Original review: Sept. 1, 2021

If you have shutters, they will have to come down. Wish I knew that to begin with. Installation was very poor. They did not tent the rooms until the 2nd day, I insisted. There were flaws in the product, but they still installed it. I have to wait for new pieces to be made at the factory, but they don't have any idea how long that will be. The windows are awesome, and do keep the heat out.

Renewal by Andersen response

Hi Melissa! Thank you for bringing this to our attention, our team is aware of this issue and we are working towards a resolution. We appreciate your patience and trust in our team to get this resolved.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2021

There needed to be more time put in place for the installation. They came at around 10:00 and went till 7:00 at night and it was a little rushed at the end. Also, the caulking was not the best. I noticed quite a few gaps. I ended up contacting the guy who installed and he came back and addressed them. But later, I still saw more gaps. Luckily, he left behind the tube of caulk and I went back and did my best to fill those gaps. It's not ideal, though. But the installation was good, overall, and the windows are excellent. I have more windows to do in the future and I would consider Renewal.

Renewal by Andersen response

Hi Ray! Thank you for leaving us your honest feedback and we do apologize for the inconvenience! Your review has been passed along to our install team at your local store so they are aware of this going forward. Please don't hesitate to reach out in the future with questions or concerns. We appreciate your trust in Renewal!

Original review: Aug. 12, 2021

From the appraisal to the finish of the project everyone was very professional. There were very few questions and those that we did have were answered completely. The project went as scheduled. Everyone showed up at the scheduled time. Work was completed without problems and when we got home you would have never known that the door was put in except for the new door being in place. Very neat and clean. We are extremely happy with this project.

Renewal by Andersen response

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback Rick! We are glad to hear everything went smoothly with your install and that you are pleased with the results! Thank you for trusting Renewal.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2021

Our new window is huge, which is nice, and a lot of air is coming through. The birds smack into them every once in a while, but we're getting over that. The only thing that is not quite good is it's hard to slide because there's nothing really square to grab on to. There are rounded edges, so it's kind of occlude. It's doable, but it's not simple.

Renewal by Andersen response

Hi Perry! Thank you for you feedback, we appreciate it. We will be sure to pass this along to our team to see if there are any design solutions we can come up with to solve this problem in the future.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2021

I was quoted $78,000 for sliding glass door replacement. Went to a certified Andersen door company not Andersen Renewal and the doors were 10,000 for the whole remodel. I got a quote from a local distributor of Andersen doors original and the total cost for my project was $10,000. Andersen Renewal representative quoted me 78,000 for the same exact doors to be replaced.

Renewal by Andersen response

Hi, thank you for your feedback. We apologize for any inconvenience however we do want to explain that Andersen Windows and Renewal by Andersen products are not that same because everything at Renewal in made custom for your specific replacement needs. The customization combined with our full service installation and warranty will typically result in a higher price point per project when compared to Andersen Windows. We will however be passing this feedback a long to your local store for review to ensure that they are quoting you a fair and accurate price.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2021

I deal with Andersen all the time. As far as windows and doors, it’d be Andersen. I've purchased nine double-hung windows and we also got a sliding door. They just put that in. They got a nice metal that makes the door easy to slide and glide. Also, the installers showed us how to clean the windows. I just slide them down and I can clean the inside and outside really easy, which is what I like about them.

Renewal by Andersen response

Hi James! We are really glad to hear that you like the new windows and door we installed! The team had a great time working with you on this project and we appreciate your trust in us to get the job done.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2021

It's a lot of money but Vince, the salesperson, was able to talk to us about why it's worth it. He did a really good job of that. But the main reason that we chose Renewal by Andersen is that we had a lot of confidence that whoever Renewal would send out to the house would be fabulous. And the team that was sent out to us was excellent. Also, the new windows make our living space significantly nicer to live in. We're in a little split-level house and I had no idea how big of a difference the new windows would make. They're much more open because of the way they're designed and the airflow is wonderful. I'm really happy about it.

Renewal by Andersen response

Hey Christian! We appreciate your feedback and we are delighted to hear you are happy with your new windows! Thank you for choosing Renewal.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2021

The sales rep from Renewal was very good at providing his pitch. But it was very difficult to figure out if he had applied the coupons because he did them in a different way. Also, we knew what the total cost was but we didn't see a breakdown. It was just a total package. The cost was significantly more than we planned to spend, but we felt the quality was worth it.

We got two double casement windows and two single casements and the quality is top-notch. It took a while to get them made. Then, they were installed within a month from when we ordered them. The installation was great and we couldn't have asked for anything smoother or cleaner. The installers started in the morning and they were done by mid-afternoon and they cleaned up after themselves.

Renewal by Andersen response

Hi Linda! Thank you for your feedback, we are glad to hear everything met your expectations. Thank you for choosing Renewal!

Renewal by Andersen Company Information