4.68/5
Based on 89 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Renewal by Anderson

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Renewal by Andersen is the full-service window-replacement division of 114-year-old Andersen Corporation, the owner of the most trusted family of window brands in America.

Renewal was founded with a mission to redefine the industry and to offer a different—and better—window-replacement experience.

Renewal by Andersen’s Signature Service is committed to giving you the best customer experience possible, through the perfect combination of the best people in the industry, a superior process, and an exclusive product.

Renewal by Andersen Video
A+BBB Rating
"Outstanding Customer Satisfaction with Windows and Patio Doors" J.D. Power
Read More Read More
Last updated: April 26, 2018

89 Renewal by Andersen Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 26, 2018

The contractor that we had before had terrible reviews and our neighbor told us to check out Renewal by Andersen. That Sunday, there was even a big ad in the paper so we had a number to call right away. The initial person who sold us the windows, Mitch, seemed very nice and an expert. It was a smooth, easy sale but I didn't feel that he did the necessary follow through. He left us hanging for a little while and the implementation from his side took a little longer. But we're a part of a condo association and that may have been more challenging for him to deal with. The subsequent people at the office were absolutely fabulous though.

Also, the most important to me was that the windows were installed properly. And their installers were real stars. They were true experts and wonderful craftsmen. They were very pleasant to have in the house. There are two floors and lots of rooms, and they were great at keeping the dust down. The windows were being put up in January and the weather was terrible. They had to do a lot of replacing of boards out in the back to make the installation good. They were gonna do it in three days and it actually took three and a half days but it would have been three if the weather had been good.

The double hung ones were made for seaside living and salty air, and they’re superb. We've lived through four storms in March and we’re very happy. We would recommend Renewal by Andersen in spite of the initial delay that we had. The cost was a fair amount as well, also because of the installation. What they did was a great process.

Get expert buying tips about Windows and Doors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 25, 2018

We've had a little experience in remodeling and our most current project was the quality of windows in the house. They’re all custom size windows and they were originally steel casement windows. Although they probably looked very nice in 1932, they were not the best thing for keeping the house warmer. We wanted to replicate the look with a more efficient window and Renewal by Andersen was able to produce it. After we showed interest initially, they sent a representative to the house and we talked about options. They knew what they were selling and what they can manufacture. They didn’t talk that much but they explained the differences so we understood what they were selling us. Then they followed up with us and tried to nail it down and find out the schedule and cost. There were a couple of different appointments but it all worked out.

The installation team showed up on time. We had some pre-scheduled time and they showed up with an adequate number and they kept their schedule. They replaced every window in the house, so they did 29 windows, and they were very good at doing what they had to do. It was somewhat complicated because of the way the old windows were embedded into the house but the team contained the dirt and the issues that we didn't even know might come with something like that. And the finishes were done very well. It was a remarkably good job. They was able to do a replacement that replicated the look and is much better as far as the noise and the temperature. They gave us exactly what we wanted.

The windows operate well and the quality is very good. We haven’t had any major issues at all and anything that has come up, they have taken care of. Follow-ups have been very good. We had one window that cracked because it’s all computer-monitored now. They produced it and a gentleman showed up and replaced the broken one in 45 minutes. We also had a recall which they took care of very well. There was an issue with the glasses between several windows and they replaced those windows. They took care of that and it was no problem at all. The cost was in the higher range, but it's well worth it and we’ve told several people to give them a shot. I had to wait a while for the $100 gift card for the referral though. I suspect it got lost in the paperwork somewhere but they were good about it.

Original review: April 23, 2018

We had an old door and we live in Massachusetts so it's very cold up here. We were losing lots of heat through that door and I was paying an exorbitant amount of money for oil and gas to heat the home because of how coarse the door was. I placed a phone call to Renewal by Andersen and we scheduled the time. Their rep showed up on the day and time he was supposed to, and walked us through the various items and door possibilities for what we were trying to replace. He was very transparent of the process in terms of what he thought were the better doors for that particular entrance. He gave the options we can look at and helped us decide. That afternoon, we ran everything up and called it a day. Then he scheduled a time for the engineer to come out to make sure the door was gonna fit the opening. It was a very simple process.

Two guys showed up four weeks later. They plastic off the area that they were gonna be working in, put the drop box down and proceeded to do the work around the door entrance to make the door fit. I had a storm door installed that's it's like an entry door. They were there for about six hours and were very efficient. They also did a very good job cleaning up.

We have a home that's almost 200 years old. I was worried because we have an old house and that we're gonna lose a lot of the moldings around the door itself. But they saved a good portion of the molding around the door. This guy had previous experience working with older homes so that came in handy because he understood how important it was for us to keep the moldings around the door itself and keep the authenticity of the house. They did a great job to establish what they could in order to put the door in and keep the aesthetic looking the way that they should. We saw a remarkable difference when the door went in on how it keeps the heat inside the house. It also fits nicely into the surrounding area of the living room. The overall quality of the door is really great.

Original review: April 21, 2018

I had used Renewal by Andersen in the past at another house. Then I recently purchased two replacement windows from them and they're fantastic. One was a slider window for the bathroom and another was a crack window in the kitchen. We called and someone came out the next day and did all the measurements. He came back with an estimate and then we made a commitment. He scheduled the time. They came out and they were done within two and a half hours. Along the way, everyone was very polite and it was very clear in the explanation. Any questions we had were well answered and everyone was very prompt, returned phone calls or emails quickly, made sure that we were scheduled and then checked the schedule a day or two before and since they're coming two days from now or what's with the time. It was all very good. They're a great company. We've used them a couple of times and I would recommend them.

Renewal by Andersen response

Thank you so much, Robert! We appreciate your choosing Renewal by Andersen (multiple times!). Repeat business is one of the highest compliments we could receive...enjoy the new view, and thanks again!

Original review: April 20, 2018

I have known about Renewal by Andersen for years and in my first house, I had Andersen Windows. The quality of their product is fantastic. I purchased the double-hung windows. The rep came out and I showed him what I needed to do. He validated my concerns about my current windows. He was very polite and very articulate. He had a sample of the 400 Series windows, explained to me how they’re different and he was able to go through a whole pricing scenario right there and made it easy to make a decision. The installation was great. The team that they have locally here did a fantastic job. They were here for two and a half days and they were just delightful. I could not recommend them more highly. I was very happy with how the windows were installed.

One thing, and maybe it’s effective for a lot of folks, is that the process of coming up to what it would cost is sort of contrived. I had 17 windows specced out and the rep said that the price was $42,000. He asked me how I felt about that price and I thought that it was a completely ridiculous price. There was this outrageous price, and then there was this sale, and then there's a discount for this. To somebody like me, it would’ve been much more effective to say that here's actually the price and maybe there’s a modest discount for making a decision earlier than later. To start off with $42,000 and have the real price, which I’m sure is $27,000, was insulting. That would be the only negative in the process. But maybe that works with people.

They not an inexpensive product but they’re a top-quality product so I’m comfortable with my decision. I’ve had some friends that have come by and said that I've got it done and that windows are a lot less expensive than what I had with Renewal by Andersen. I know that, but I chose Andersen because I expected the windows to last for a good long time. I would tell others that I’m very happy and to take a look at what I have.

Renewal by Andersen response

Hi Cris: Thank you for your candid feedback. We appreciate your thoughts and comments, and will share them with our training team. We are very happy to hear that you are happy with your windows and appreciate the quality of the product. Do let us know if there's anything else we can do for you! Thanks again!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Renewal by Andersen?

Original review: April 19, 2018

I bought a replacement window thru Menards and had it installed by a friend. But I found that it was an inferior product. Then I found Renewal by Andersen and I liked their professionalism and the construction of their windows. After doing a little research and based on their reputation, it also seemed that they would be the best choice, so I went with them. Their rep was quite professional and he explained everything very thoroughly. I purchased 14 white double-hung composite and the installers were great in putting them in. All the windows were done in one day during a very cold weather and they are the best quality. They were costly but they're worth it. I know the job was done right and just for the windows, I've already had substantial savings on my heating bill.

I had one issue where a window cracked from a stress crack so I called Renewal By Andersen. I gave them the dimension and the window number, and they were out within two weeks with the replacement. It took the installer about 15 minutes and everything was fine. They were very helpful and they seemed to stand behind their product really well without any question. I have recommended them to other people and if I ever need windows again, I would use them.

Renewal by Andersen response

Thank you, Bill! We're happy to help, and are here for you if you need anything else!

Resolution In Progress
Original review: April 18, 2018

We signed a contract with Andersen for a door. We didn't hear from them for over 8 weeks. I made phone calls and left messages asking about my door and no one called back. In the meantime, we put our home on that market. The day I called to cancel the door, I finally got a call back saying that my door was ready for installation. What a coincidence! I told them that I did not want the door and they wanted to charge me over $1700 for restocking. When I refused, they sent lawyers after us. I ended up paying almost $1800 and I have nothing to show for it.

Renewal by Andersen response

Courtney: I am sorry to hear about this. I would like to look into the situation...would you be able to provide me with your contact information?

Original review: April 18, 2018

Renewal by Andersen did great. I purchased double hung windows from them and everybody that I talked to was very polite. If I had a question, they would answer it right away. I initially went with them because they had a much better window than other companies and their salesman was excellent. Then, their reps completed the installation before the timeline they gave me. They did a very good and clean job. The cost of the windows is high but their quality is excellent and I got what I paid for.

Renewal by Andersen response

Thank you, Jerome! We are happy to hear that.

Original review: April 17, 2018

Renewal by Andersen had a deal going on and their customer reviews were good. Their salesman was a nice gentleman, a little chatty for my case, but I'm not faulting the man for wanting to be personable. He had exceptional knowledge on their products, where they were produced, and what the materials were. I purchased a modified bay window from them and they completed its installation within the timeline they gave me. Their reps were all very pleasant and their workers were professional. They were there in a timely manner, completed the job pretty much in a day, and I have no complaints about them. They did a great job with taking me from a single-pane window to double-pane that actually opens so I can get both ventilation as well as energy efficiency. So, as far as installation and look of the windows, they're what I would expect from a professional company. I would recommend Renewal by Andersen.

Renewal by Andersen response

Thank you, Andrew! We appreciate it!

Original review: April 16, 2018

I have used Renewal by Andersen on three different projects already. They were three different dates with three different contracts. I started with the sliding glass patio door then I had all the windows in my house done. The last one was my garage windows. I got three windows in the garage and had them replaced. I kept using Renewal by Andersen because of the quality of the product and also the thoroughness of the people who came out to do the measuring, the specifications, and the description of the project.

I knew the product and it was just a question of when I was gonna do it. So, I called them and they worked up a price for me. The price was acceptable and then we set a date for someone to come out and do the actual measuring. Then we set a date for the actual installation and everything went satisfactorily. The installers did a very good job. There were two or three people who came out and they cleaned up everything. They did not leave anything for me to do when the job was completed. They had the product there on time. They took less than a day to do it. It was what I expected from Andersen Renewal. If I move and get into another house that needs window replacing, I will look to them first. And furthermore, if there’s some activity in our neighborhood that they’re considering Renewal by Andersen and they want to come to my house to see my windows and talk to me, I will be a good reference for Andersen.

Renewal by Andersen response

Thank you, Lou! We love repeat and referral customers--customer recommendations and repeat business are two of the highest compliments we could receive!

Original review: April 15, 2018

We purchased nine casement windows and a sliding door from Renewal by Andersen since they’re one of the best window retailers out there. Also, the reps were good and knew exactly what they were doing, and they presented themselves the way they should. The installation of the windows took all day and they had to be bundled up because it was cold. They gave us a timeline on how long our window replacement would take and they were within half a day of the time they gave. The windows that I got are of terrific quality and I’d purchase from them again in a heartbeat. I highly recommend Renewal by Andersen.

Original review: April 14, 2018

A friend of ours works for Renewal by Andersen and I knew that it is a very good product. I found their rep named Gary to be very courteous, responsive to our questions, and very thorough. He really knew the different choices that were available to us, which he also explained. Plus, he did a great job letting us know the whole process.

We purchased the composite vinyl replacement window. The installers were wonderful, and they were able to complete the installation within the timeline they gave. They obtained the permit from the city, which took them two days. It was in the middle of the winter in Massachusetts, so installing the windows wasn’t necessarily an easy task. They also cleaned up well afterwards. The windows are great. It will save us on our heating bill too because our house was built in 1885. We have had a really good experience. I would tell friends that it is definitely worth it.

Original review: April 8, 2018

When we bought the house, it had Andersen windows in it. We've had to call them out before because lightning hit one of them and broke it and they came out and replaced the pane for us to put in. They also worked on our patio door in the back and replaced it. They’ve always been very nice and we've always heard their reputation was terrific. So, when it came to getting some new windows, we went with them. Their rep, Glen, came and we talked. He thought we wanted the double-hung ones that were up there but we said we wanted the casement, the one that you put up and down because we felt they were easier to clean. I'm a little bit older, so the double-hung types were more a problem to me that way. He was understanding and when he came in the next time, he said he noticed that there was a lot of casement windows in my neighborhood and talked to us about it.

We had the casement replaced and the installer said that if it were at a certain degree, they wouldn’t put the windows in, but if it were above that, they would.

They were very thorough, did a really nice job, and cleaned after themselves. I like the windows and for the ones that we got replaced, we couldn’t have expected to get them for a less expensive price. Things are always expensive and people have to work and come out and do the whole thing. Even the man who came out to do the varnishing afterward was very neat and really thorough. He didn't want to leave a heavy smell because my daughter had a lot of allergies. He was very considerate. I have told people when they asked about Renewal by Andersen that we were very satisfied with it and we enjoyed them.

Original review: April 7, 2018

I'm in the steel business and a supplier to window manufacturers. I know a lot about the window industry and the sales rep I got from Renewal by Andersen was far more knowledgeable than the reps from the other manufacturers. He worked in the industry for a long time and I could tell right away that he really knew his stuff. I got the higher end all wood double-hung windows for my whole house and they gave me a timeline on how long the window replacement would take. The completion of the installation was close to that timeline and was incredibly fast. They did my whole house in a day but they scheduled it for two days. It was impressive.

So far, the windows are good quality. It's been winter so I haven't had a chance to open them, but they look beautiful. They were really expensive and I wish they cost less but there's no doubt in my mind that they're high quality products. When I had one hiccup during the process and I responded to a survey, I got a phone call from one of their managers at 8 o’clock at night wanting to know more information so he could help solve it quickly. It blew me away. It was a minor thing, but I was impressed with somebody who would take their time in the evening to call me just to make sure that I knew that they were going to handle it. I would recommend Renewal by Andersen and if someone would ask me about them, I would tell them that if they value service and quality, they should choose that company.

Original review: April 6, 2018

My dog got away and I was running around the neighborhood trying to catch it. One of the people that were going door-to-door with the clapboard grabbed the dog for me and at that instant, he made a point of telling me who he was and why he was out there. He was from Renewal by Andersen and at the time, I needed a window in the front of my house. I told him that he could come give me a price but I was not ready then to do the window. It was a holiday weekend and he said that there was a special going. So I ended up getting my giant bow window replaced.

That guy from Renewal by Andersen was very good but there was a miscommunication. The giant bow window bowed out and I replaced it with a flat giant picture window. I knew it would look different and eventually, I want to have a porch in the front, so I didn’t want a bowed window there if there was going to be a porch on there. I questioned him about how it would look on the outside and he said that they could put a big medallion design because I have siding on my house. I said I liked that and, in my mind, a medallion was like a big circle with a design coming out around it.

When they installed the window, I was at work and when I came home, they were just about finished. I was stunned at how the window looked because it was not what was in my head. I told my husband that it was not what I wanted and it was not what I thought they were doing. He said that we’d ask the installers, but I told him I was just going to call the guy who sold me the window. I started to dial his number and it was the first time I've ever felt so bad. I went outside, told their guys about it and that I said that I spent a lot of money on the window. They came in, told me to let them help, and asked me to tell them exactly what I wanted. They were very nice about it. I went back outside with them and I tried to stay calm because it wasn’t their fault. They did what they were supposed to do.

There was no actual picture of what the medallion should look like and the one they put there looked like a cab thing with a V that came down in the middle. I would never have thought that was a medallion. One of the guys said that I draw a picture of what it was I thought I was going to get. So, I tried to do a picture of what was in my mind and he also did a picture of what he thought. Then he brought me out to the front and said what they could do. He said they had the supplies in the truck and they could change it for that if I wanted. I was feeling bad because the poor guys were almost done and it was cold out.

So, they changed it and it took them another half hour to 45 minutes. They changed the top so that it was closer to what I was thinking and I was fine with that. I offered to pay extra money because they spent more time, but they said no. They also said that they wanted me to be happy with what I got. I couldn’t say a bad thing about them and they couldn’t have done any more than they did.

The quality of the window is very nice. I'm in the middle of painting it right now and I haven't stained it yet. I have to do that because I had the wood put in on the inside, not the vinyl. Right now, I had the window raised because it was low so I could put my furniture in front of it. They put in sheetrock in the front and plastered it. It's awesome and with it, there’s a difference in the sound inside the house. This house was built in the 60s, so it had an old window and the seal had gone on a lot of it and was foggy. It didn’t look good and it needed to go. I knew the replacement was going to be very expensive, but Renewal by Andersen's price was very reasonable. They did what they said they would do and they did it in a very reasonable time. They were also neat and didn’t make a mess. I would recommend them and I would tell others that they did a great job. I would say that they could come see my window.

Original review: April 5, 2018

My husband was really impressed with the thermal properties and the efficiency of the windows from Renewal by Andersen. We purchased the slider window from them, and the contractor whom we worked with was very professional and straightforward. But he could’ve used more training on the computer because he seemed to be foregoing with the iPad. Other than that, the installation was completed within the timeline that they provided. It was 12 degrees that day and they went fast. So far, so good. I would recommend Renewal by Andersen to my friends but I would caution them with the sticker shock because I feel that you get what you pay for.

Original review: March 29, 2018

The representatives at Renewal by Andersen are friendly. They provided the information that I needed as a customer. They also provided the experience that I’ll have to go through from me being in the house to how they would operate and how they would execute the product. So I had good clarity and they followed through on it. The installation went well. But the inspector made from our county and said that one of the windows in the bathroom was not fixed. He quoted some standards and I assumed that Anderson, being such a large company, already knew the standard in that city. But they have to come out and reschedule another appointment. That was the only thing that they could have done better.

Although the experience was good, it would not add up to the cost. I have talked to other friends who have done window installation and people have gotten windows done at half the cost. The windows I purchased were double-sided and the one window, and we talked about life of the window for 25 years but not many people live in the house for that long. So I really care about what you pay for now.

Original review: March 28, 2018

I looked around a little bit but Renewal by Andersen was a high-quality door and people recommended it. The guy that originally sold me the door explained a lot of the benefits of the weather glass and it turned out to be true. We're getting good insulation and so on and so forth. He was very good and the guys that put it in did a good job and there was a lot of attention to detail. Cost-wise, it was a little more than I anticipated but it was worth the extra dough to get a good installation job and a door. I’m very happy with the process and I would recommend it.

Original review: March 25, 2018

Renewal by Andersen is a quality company. They have a good product and they provide good service. When we made the order for 15 double-hung windows and three single windows, the guy came to measure and once when we got our homeowners' approval, they came out and installed them in two days. Since then, I've ordered two dormers which are double hung but they're pretty much inaccessible from the interior of the house and it took three tries to get the right measurement guy out on site who had a ladder to get to it from the exterior. But that's my only complaint so far in the whole process.

Original review: March 22, 2018

This review is based solely on customer service. We signed a contract on October 11, 2017. The contract stated the doors would be installed within 10-12 weeks. In January, after initiating contact, were told our salesman forgot to respond to an email. So we had to sign another contract. We were told the doors would be installed in March. We were trying to give them the benefit of the doubt, so we emailed them March 21, asking when they would be installed. The response... "We’re doing the best we can do", April 24th, and an apology. Eh. An apology, after 6 months. This company wants you to sign, and then after that aren’t concerned with your satisfaction. We’ll take our business elsewhere.

Renewal by Andersen response

Lydia, I am so sorry to hear about your experience. We absolutely care about your satisfaction, and so it is upsetting to hear this sort of feedback. We want to make sure that we use this for training and to make improvements to our processes. If you'd be willing to share more with me via message, so at the very least I can share this with our regional manager, I would very much appreciate it.

Original review: March 22, 2018

I had used Renewal By Andersen several years earlier to put in a few windows and had a good experience then. Then recently I got double hung windows and I had a really good experience with the gentleman we met first. He followed up promptly and appropriately. And also whoever the team leader was during the installation, was very professional and very helpful. It's a situation where windows are never cheap and they're expensive but it's a worthwhile investment. It's a thumbs up all the way around. Everything was great. Overall they were very accurate in what their assessments were in terms of timeframes and everything was pretty much like a clockwork. And the quality seems topnotch.

Original review: March 14, 2018

My two sons that had theirs done by Renewal by Andersen and they were very satisfied so I purchased the patio door, five regular windows, and one turn-out window for the kitchen from them. The representative that came over explained everything very much in detail. We thought it was going to be a lot more expensive. But when he told us what the cost was going to be, we were very surprised and happy. Then the people that came out to work explained everything that they were going to do and took care of everything as far as trying to keep the floors and the walls nice and clean. In the end, they all did a very good job and we were very pleased with them. The products are very good so far. We've had some very cold weather here and we found that the house seemed to be a lot warmer. If you're interested in getting new windows, Andersen would be the best place to purchase them.

Renewal by Andersen response

Hi Joe! Thank you for choosing Renewal by Andersen--and give your sons our thanks, as well, for the referral. Having someone refer their parents to us? That's a pretty high compliment to get! Nothing but the best for you guys :-) Enjoy your new view!

Original review: March 13, 2018

I really liked the look of Renewal by Andersen's windows, the design, and how well they're made. And the lady who was representing them was very kind. She wasn’t too pushy and she said if Andersen would come and do an estimate, it would be good for a year. I didn’t feel like I was obligated, and she made it a very pleasant experience. I also worked with Chris. He came to my house to do an estimate. We looked through all the windows. I was expecting to have to replace more windows, and upon his review, he said the windows here are really good and they just needed to be finished being placed in. I had an older home and someone didn’t finish putting the windows in. So, a couple of the windows just needed to be redone and he helped me understand the process of doing that.

Chris also went very thoroughly through the windows by Andersen and demonstrated all of their functions and how well they feel and their way of insulating the home as opposed to the ones that I already have. He was very good at his job. I really would recommend him going to several homes that he has an opportunity to go to.

I got double slider windows from Renewal by Andersen. I had two that were like the original two long ones that were side by side, so I had them take that out and just place one big window that would slide from either side to open. I had two of those, and then a couple of other ones that are standard windows. They weren't falling out and they did their job. My home is so much warmer.

I was on vacation during the installation. My son was at my house, so he dealt with it. And he said he liked the installers really well. And my son has even applied to work with them. And the craftsmanship of what I looked at is really amazing, too. Also, the cost was very fair. I was thankful to all of the installers and the representatives. They did an amazing job with answering any questions, making me feel comfortable in my decision. The overall experience was wonderful.

Renewal by Andersen response

Thanks, Elizabeth! Glad to hear it. And good luck to your son in his job application! It's a great place to work :-)

Original review: March 12, 2018

I know people in the construction and the supplies industries, and I liked Renewal by Andersen's reputation. Someone was in the neighborhood going door-to-door trying to set up appointments and he just happened to catch us on the right day. Usually, we send everyone away. It happened to be a very drafty day in my house. And he passed the contact off to Mike who was the sales rep and he came over and gave us the sales pitch. And we weren’t prepared to do the work, but we really needed it. So, we were sold. I got double-hung windows from them.

The install team showed up a little later than we expected. They came in around 9:30 but we were expecting them between 8:00 and 8:30. Apparently, there was a slowdown at the warehouse, but it was understandable. They let us know that they were going to be late. And the crew that was doing the work were extremely courteous and very clean. It was a very cold day and they made sure that the doors were closed when they were moving in and out. And the whole installation process was really top notch. They estimated two days replacement and they almost got it done early if they didn’t run into an issue on the last window that really rotted out and it affected the support structure underneath the wall.

I'm kicking myself for not replacing the remaining windows. We only did half of the house but it is so quiet and the sound deadening was amazing. There are no more drafts. The heating system runs about half as much as it used to. And I can't wait to see this month’s electric bill. It was absurd how much the windows cost me, but in the long run, it will be worth it. When we got to sell the house, it may be worth more because they are Andersen Renewal windows. It's a good selling point. And we should be to recoup the cost at some point, but they are extremely expensive. Other than that, we had a fantastic experience. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend them.

Renewal by Andersen response

Hi Dennis, we are very happy to have provided you with such a positive experience! Stay toasty and warm, and enjoy the new view!

Original review: March 11, 2018

The Renewal by Andersen salesman came out and spent three hours with me going through all the products. We picked out the doors, hardware and options that I wanted. Then, the pre-installation guy came out and he went through everything else with me again. And then, the guys called me at 7:30 that morning and said they'd be there in 30 minutes and they were there. They jumped right in and they were done an hour before they said they were going to be done. The windows look really nice and I'm looking forward to spring when I can open them. My husband has also been very pleased with the quality, workmanship and price. You always find something less than what you paid for, but we got our money's worth. It was a very positive experience and I'm very satisfied.

Renewal by Andersen response

Thank you, Sally, for taking to the time to tell us about your experience. We're happy to hear that you are happy...and we're looking forward to spring, too :-)

Original review: March 10, 2018

We didn’t know about purchasing new windows and the reps of Renewal by Andersen provided all the information that was needed. Their expertise was the best that I have seen. I got a double-hung window and a sliding door from them. The installers were on time and they were very clean and professional. And they left everything as if nothing happened so it was great. The windows have high quality and we were very satisfied with the service of Andersen.

Renewal by Andersen response

Thanks, G! That's our goal--to take care of everything, and leave no trace save for a beautiful new view!

Original review: March 9, 2018

Renewal by Andersen did their job perfectly with our windows. I was looking everything initially and the choices that they have were the main thing I purchased from them. Also, quality-wise, there were only three at the top. The guy from sales was great. I talked to him and then he did everything. They had a shipping issue so I had to reschedule once, but after that, the window replacement was completed in the timeline that was set. The installers were pretty good too. I bought a lot of windows, picture windows, and double hung with sliders and their quality was great, although the cost was more compared to other companies like Stella or Marvin. The only thing I'm supposed to do is call Renewal by Andersen when they will work because one of the picture windows is not exactly the right angle. Still, I'm happy with them.

Renewal by Andersen response

Hi Shilpa! We're happy to hear that you are happy. And absolutely give us a call--we want to make sure you are 100% satisfied with your new view!

Original review: March 8, 2018

I saw a display of Renewal by Andersen's products at the Minnesota State Fair. I purchased a replacement window from them. They were very busy at that time. There was a lady who came out and took measurements, we picked out the window, and she said the timeline would be like a month a half. She was nice and she seemed to know what she was talking about. The installation went fine, too. I would recommend Renewal by Andersen. I'm very happy with them.

Renewal by Andersen response

HI Jeremiah: Thank you so much for taking a moment to offer your feedback. We appreciate it very much. We're happy to hear that everything went smoothly for you!

Original review: March 7, 2018

We’ve had Andersen windows almost throughout our whole house. We had a big bay window done a long time ago and now we had two sliding doors made with them. They called, came out, measured, and then made an appointment to come back and install it. It went nice and smooth. The installation took a day for the two top-notch installers. They were very clean and they put up the screen and plastic so it didn’t dirty up the house. The floors were still nice and clean, the rug was put back the way it should’ve been, and everything was good. They had quite a job and they didn’t damage anything. But we have a little issue, which might be just with their caulking, so a rep will be coming out on Monday and we’re going to discuss with him and see how to fix it.

Renewal by Andersen response

Hi D. Thanks for sharing your experiences. I am happy to hear you had a top-notch crew. I am also happy that someone is addressing yoru concerns right away. Feel free to reach out if you have additional questions or need anything else!

Original review: March 6, 2018

I have done repeated business with Renewal by Andersen for windows. I got some double hung windows. They gave me a timeline on how long it was going to take and they made it a reality. Their representative has integrity and he was also very knowledgeable. Plus the installation was done professionally. The windows are nice and I'd use them again.

Renewal by Andersen response

Thank you, Edward! We're happy YOU are happy!

Renewal by Andersen expert review by Joseph Truini

With locations across the United States, Renewal by Anderson, a division of Anderson Corporation, offers start-to-finish window and door replacement with a focus on energy efficiency.

• Windows: Renewal by Anderson offers a variety of window styles including picture, sliding, awning, casement and bay. The company also offers 15 different styles of specialty windows with custom options.

• Patio doors: Renewal by Anderson has several styles of patio doors to choose from including hinged French patio doors and sliding doors. The company offers free consultation with a representative.

• Product visualizer: Renewal by Anderson’s product visualizer takes a picture of your home and superimposes a custom window over it, allowing you to see how a new window would look before you purchase.

• Mobile app: The company’s mobile app generates a 3D model of your home based on pictures you upload. You can then visualize different styles of windows all around your home.

• Best for: homeowners who need to replace windows or patio doors in their home.

Profile picture of Joseph Truini
Joseph Truini

Home Improvement Contributing Editor

Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.

Renewal by Andersen Company Information