Call toll free
3.80/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Renewal by Andersen is the full-service window-replacement division of 114-year-old Andersen Corporation, the owner of the most trusted family of window brands in America.

Renewal was founded with a mission to redefine the industry and to offer a different—and better—window-replacement experience.

Renewal by Andersen’s Signature Service is committed to giving you the best customer experience possible, through the perfect combination of the best people in the industry, a superior process, and an exclusive product.

Renewal by Andersen Video
A+BBB Rating
"Outstanding Customer Satisfaction with Windows and Patio Doors" J.D. Power
View More View More

599 Renewal by Andersen Consumer Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

Renewal by Andersen is considered the top of the line and I had heard great things from homeowners about the windows and how well they were produced and how courteous the staff was. I was given the information by requesting it from users and I found out when I used Renewal by Andersen that everything that was said was true. They also had a showroom in Livonia, which was convenient for me.

I’ve called our salesperson each time and he was very courteous. He also had the ultimate product knowledge. After the first time, when he got the half-hour presentation and all the samples, I told him to get to the windows on the second visit and that I didn't need a sales talk because we were gonna do it. I also told him that I would pay half for the down and half when they complete it, so he didn't have to push me on the one-year. He backed off a little, although he wanted to tell me how good it was. I said that if I was gonna get one-year interest-free, then I was gonna pay it all at the end, I would have that hanging around. I don’t like things hanging around my neck. I’m a go-now, do-now guy, and he worked with me on it.

I came on a three-part plan. I did a whole bunch of windows the first time, but I did a bit less the second time, and I’m gonna be doing the last two windows on the third. Then, I’m gonna save for number four because it is gonna be expensive. I have an 11-window home, which is a beautiful colonial in Canterbury Commons, and I wanted it to sparkle. The windows I got are just like a dream. I got the cut-ups and they are inside the window. The windows look smashing and they are put together. I’m already seeing savings on the coldness with the use of the windows that I have. They’ve been here two times doing a good job and they were able to start and complete their work, two men each in one afternoon or one day. When the guy came for the final measurement, he gave me the date. We were told by our salesperson that it was gonna be around five months away. He had given me a sales job and I told him the date was very good.

We have the windows and I didn’t go very far off-field. I got a lot of standards, white frames and white windows, and white hardware. I didn’t make it difficult for the factory in Minnesota. As far as the kitchen window, we have a view window for my wife and she also loves the awning window. My wife was having a problem with the dinette window and it is pretty large. She was gonna surprise me one day and she got the window open because we could get it open and we could do almost everything from the inside. However, she couldn't figure out how to get it closed again, so we called the office again, but they didn’t have anyone that was in the neighborhood they could shake loose.

Brandon, the general manager, was listening in to the receptionist trying to find a truck. He lives in Fenton and he said that he would come over. He did and he was super great. I asked him why he was making that call and he said, “Because customers are supreme.” He is a pleasant man and I could see why he is the general manager of the year. If I had a company, I’d hire him in a moment.

I hear other people telling me what they did and I also hear that the windows freeze up on them, however, I don’t expect that with Renewal by Andersen's windows. I expect to pay a bit more and I’m probably paying around 12% to 15% more than the Livonia company, but it is worth it. Renewal by Andersen won’t get a complaint from me.

Get expert buying tips about Windows and Doors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

We have an old farmhouse and my dad had put in some Andersen windows 50 years ago. They held up for a long time. They would probably still be holding up if there wasn’t some goof when they put aluminum siding on a couple of them, that were in pretty bad shape. What happened was the aluminum siding was covered over the sill, but they didn’t put any drain on there in case any water got in. The aluminum siding over the sill got water in it and it rotted it out. And so, the whole bottom part of the window started to go to heck. Now, new Andersen windows don’t use wood anymore like that and that was what forced me to replace these windows.

The sales team have been really nice. They recognized that there was a goof in the window and they were fixing it as they go. But then there was a detail somebody missed, and then we had another problem. But I’m comfortable with it. I’m pretty sure we’re gonna get this all straightened out pretty well. I'm also having problems with the payment system. What sold me was the two years with no payments, no interest. And although I had to have it paid off by that time for 10 grand, I had basically four windows installed. I said I could nickel and dime it until it comes up toward the end and then I could just wipe it all out. 10,000 isn’t all that much. But we didn’t have it the right time, then they got it the right time, then all of a sudden I got payments to make which I’m not supposed to. That was the only goofy part about it, but they were working on it the last I knew. I’m confident they will get the payment situation straightened out.

Also the windows and the installation work were top-notch, absolutely beautiful and high-quality. They did a very good job in a very short time and kept the place very clean. They are expensive windows, but they’re damn good. One was a large picture window. Another one was a not quite large picture window, but a open large swing window, and the others were the usual up and down windows. I’m very happy with it. I love the windows.

Renewal by Andersen response

Hi Ron - Thanks for taking the time to share about your experience! We are so happy to hear that you are loving your new windows! If any of these issues do not get resolved, please don't hesitate to reach out to me directly and I can help get the situation resolved! Thanks again!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

When we built our home 40 years ago, we had Andersen windows installed and we were very happy with those windows. And those windows were still in the house when we sold it two years ago. It’s still airtight. The salesperson that came here also did a very good job. I like the quality of the windows and since I had them installed at our other house 40 years ago there’s been some major upgrades in technology so we’re very happy. They do an excellent job on the installation.

We bought our house two years ago. It’s an old farmhouse built 1965 and everything in the place was original. We had to tear everything out and replace. The old windows were single pane and drafty, so we had to do something. We did it with Renewal and so far, so good. Their timeline was right on. They said it would take two days which surprised me because this was winter. They also said the person that was coming in doing the staining, that would take a few hours, and they were spot on. The first day, they did all but three windows and the door. Those items had to be totally removed and installed. The others were just a removal of the old window.

We asked a lot of questions and the rep was here an hour and a half. He did a real good job of showing us the differences between a single pane, your normal double pane windows, and the windows that he installed, like about the heat loss. He had some device that actually measured on a meter how much heat loss is going through in the windows, which we ultimately purchased. It’s not a complete job, but still, they didn’t have to touch the woodwork on those windows. And the siding was no factor. With their measurements, they were able to remove everything and install the new with no damage to the siding. I was wondering how they were gonna do that, and it must have been just because their measurements were so accurate. And as far as the workmanship inside, they had floor coverings all over. They were very cautious of doing any kinda carpet damage and the cleanup was virtually spotless.

The quality is excellent. The house is quieter and we definitely don’t have the draft. It’s gonna be so much more comfortable in the winters. And maybe we’re gonna have a total recovery of what we invested in 10 years. The comfort level right now is well worth the wait to recover your savings. We put on Facebook how happy we were with our new windows by Renewal by Andersen and we got a number of comments. A couple of people responded to us that they had the same experience.

Renewal by Andersen response

Thanks for the awesome review, Dean! We are so pleased to hear that you are satisfied with your experience with our team. Thanks for taking the time to share!

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

The Renewal by Andersen rep was very knowledgeable. He explained everything really well, so I knew exactly what I was gonna get. I dealt with him with my father-in-law's house first, and he did a very good job with that one. I liked Renewal by Andersen so much that I ended up choosing them for my house too. I thought about the quality and how well they explained everything to us, and I liked what I heard. Everything went exactly how the rep had said it would be, and it worked out the same way with my house too. He seemed like he knew what he was doing and talking about, so just the way he was, was all right with me.

Renewal by Andersen had their person come out to measure, and he came when they said he was gonna come. Then, for the installation, they told me which day and that they would start it at 8 in the morning. The guys arrived at 8 and they were very good people. They were very personal where it was like you can talk to them like they're neighbors. They definitely knew what they were doing and they did very quality work. I liked the way they weather-sealed the outside with the caulking. They did a really nice job there. Taking the old windows out, they were really careful with the old bay window, and they made sure it didn't fall. There were two groups, and they helped each other right throughout. One group had a patio guy doing the patio, and the window people are kind of a separate crew.

I had the patio door and bay window replaced, and then I did my one-bedroom window at this time. Eventually, I'd like to do more when I can afford it. They gave me eight to ten weeks as timeline when I had done it early summer. But it ended up being quicker because it only took six weeks. I had the trim work which is what I'm always impressed with. They did such a nice job with the oak trim that they put back on around the windows. They do an outstanding job and they do it so quickly and efficiently. Then they already had set up for my city inspector to come out, and that all went as smooth as silk.

I've already told people how great Renewal by Andersen is. I think it's the way to go, even if it's a bit more up front. I've got a lifetime guarantee and good financing, and then I had gotten a good deal as it was anyways, so it has made it a lot easier also. I recommend Renewal by Andersen to anyone who would ask or anyone that wants windows. I'm more impressed with their product than the vinyl windows that I purchased about 10 years ago. They are on the other part of my house. They seem to be all right and that's why I haven't replaced them yet, but they're nowhere near as good as the windows by Renewal by Andersen.

Renewal by Andersen response

Thank you for the awesome review, Donald! We are so pleased to hear that you had a great experience with Renewal by Andersen! Thanks again for taking the time to share!

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

Our original windows in the house were all from Renewal by Andersen. I saw an advertisement in the Sunday newspaper that they were having a special and I got a front picture window with the two sides cranked out. First of all, a gentleman had made an appointment to come with me to explain what they would do and how they would do it. Thereafter, the next gentleman that came measured the window. The day the two gentlemen came to put the window in, they constructed it right out in the driveway. It was quite interesting because they put up weighted poles in my living room. Then they had a huge sheet of heavy plastic and blocked off this area where they would be working so that dust and debris wouldn’t go on to the rest of my house. I was pleased with the quality of their work. The installation went very smoothly and they got the window in.

There was a misunderstanding, however, and it was on my part. They were asking what kind of wood I wanted the window would be made from. I had somebody come and the gentleman looked around my house and said, “Well, it looks like you have walnut. It’s a dark wood.” He asked me if I wanted walnut and I told him that that would be fine as I wanted the windows to match. But when the window was completed, there was no stain on it.

One of the window people said that the window was made out of walnut wood and that I had to stain it. So what I should have done was to have pine because it would have been a less expensive wood and still it would have stain. He said they had a gentleman that would come out and stain it for me but I said I could handle that. But as it turned out, I hired it done. Also, the gentleman that did the staining was a friend of my son, so I felt comfortable with him. That friend does a lot of windows and he said the window by Andersen was of really nice quality

My only bad experience was this window was put in on the 20th, and I came home on Christmas afternoon and I could see my curtain blowing. I went over there and there was a huge crack in one side window and it went all the way through, so I was losing heat out of that. I was a little worried if they were gonna be able to do the window and how much heat I was gonna lose when they took the original window out and put it in. So I found some cardboard and taped over it although I knew that wasn’t gonna work very long. Christmas was on a Monday, so I called on a Tuesday and they weren’t back from the holiday.

When I finally talked with them, the rep said they couldn't come until the 27th of January and that they don’t send people out unless there are two jobs in the same area. But it needed to be done as it was unacceptable. So my kids came over and they padded up the window better and put some weather stripping around it. Although I wasn’t really happy about that, that helped prevent the loss of heat. My son was looking from the side at the window and he said the reason why it cracked was because up at the top, it was very close to the back of the house or to the back of the window. The window came down at an angle so it was farther away at the bottom of the frame than it was at the top. My son said there was a lot of tension on that and probably with the cold weather, it just cracked.

I had to wait until January although the Andersen team came a week earlier. It was from December 25th to January 20th that they came back and a gentleman repaired the window. He said the new one will be straight. He added some shins in there to give it room to contract and expand a bit. He looked at the other side window which was straight but he said he was gonna put the shins in anyway to give it a little room to breathe and move. So, I was happy about that then. But overall, it was a $4,800 job even though it was all on sale. We had some flaws along the way but other than the big crack, I'm still very satisfied with Renewal by Andersen.

Renewal by Andersen response

Hi Holly: Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am sorry to hear about the unexpected hiccup with your windows, but glad to hear that we were able to resolve the issue and you are satisfied with the final product. If you need anything else, please don't hesitate to call or email--we are here to help. Thanks!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Renewal by Andersen?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: July 17, 2019

We needed to replace about 30 windows in our 25-year-old home. I conducted quite a bit of research to determine which company to go with. Each company visited us, measured windows and sent us a quote. Renewal by Andersen (RA) is different however. RA requires that both spouses participate in a 90-minute sales pitch, which concludes with a “commit contractually now” discount. We were impressed with the window quality even though the price was almost twice as much as the second contender, Pella.

After ~ 6 weeks build time, we experienced the normal sloppiness of installation workers and RA dutifully addressed all of that. The more meaningful problem however, is that you cannot install inside-mount cellular shades on RA windows (at least ours). This resulted in a >$9K unexpected expense to an already high priced project. Fenstermann Blinds, a German company with German prices, provide the only solution (who interestingly was very familiar with the RA limitation in this regard). Most internally mounted cellular blinds cannot be used as they are 1.5 to 2 inches deep and RA windows allow only a ½ inch for blind installation.

RA’s response that “it’s in the contract”. That statement, while being accurate, does not hold much moral weight given you have a “sign now” discount pressuring you to sign and not read a contract. Ideally, the salesperson would have explained the fine print as a part of an ethical sales process. I spoke with the regional manager, Mark **, about this suggesting that I would go ahead and buy the remaining $16K of windows if RA would consider a token discount to acknowledge the unexpected blinds expense ($1 k to $2 k for example). Have not heard anything back from RA yet and do not expect to.

Renewal by Andersen response

Good morning, Napier. Thanks for taking a minute to let us know about your experience. I'm sorry to hear that it was an unpleasant one. I'm going to pass this feedback along to the team right away so they can take a look at it and reach out to you about it. Please stay tuned.

Original review: July 16, 2019

The RBA Office in Middlesex County, MA is very communicative and responsive. The installers are respectful of customer needs and concerns. I had a few issues with the initial install and RBA worked with me to make sure all of them were addressed in a timely manner. I look forward to working with them again to finish replacing all the windows in my home.

Original review: July 12, 2019

Salesperson was knowledgeable about the Andersen Window product, guided me thru all my questions, and all my inquiries were answered in a timely manner, whether by email or a Phone call. Her insight and experience was invaluable. She kept me focused on what I wanted to accomplish, with no undue pressure. I was given an installation date as soon as it came available, which was imperative, as I was also coordinating with painting contractor. My install professional was on-time, knowledgeable, and explained the 2-day timetable for my window installation. The crew was courteous at all times, neat and clean, and left me with a more beautiful, comfortable and energy efficient home. I thank the team behind Renewal By Andersen for providing me with a great sales experience, perfect installation, and a beautiful and quality product.

Original review: July 8, 2019

Definitely found that the entire process was relatively simplified for customers (me and my husband were very glad for the processes in place). Having the representative in our home did not feel very uncomfortable, they were knowledgeable, (NOT overtly aggressive! ...past experiences with other companies was unpleasant), and ready to address our concerns and work with us on finding solutions. Financing team member gave us a sense of confidence and security with the financing process. The entire measurement and installation staff were amazing and professionally courteous, and the office staff have all contributed to our end satisfaction with the windows installation process. Of course, the windows are wonderful and I have already recommended Renewal by Andersen Replacement Windows to family and friends. Again, fantastic process!

Original review: July 5, 2019

I had all my windows in my home replaced! It was a wonderful experience! Everyone was so willing to do a great job. Once the windows were in I called to see when someone was coming to stain the trim. I was told it was not in my contract and that I initialed the section to do my own staining. I would have never agreed to that and I do not recall being told I was agreeing to this. I am highly disappointed that I paid the amount of money I did and now my only solution is to pay about $1500.00 more to have this job finished up. I think this is completely wrong and for that I am very upset!

Original review: July 1, 2019

The rep that I dealt with at Renewal by Andersen really listened to figure out what we needed and worked with us to get everything covered but didn’t push us on getting more than we needed. The timeline that they gave us was on the spot. The installers did great. We had them install sliding windows, and then we had some awning windows, and a large picture window. We really love the windows. They’re more beautiful than we thought they would be and they function really great, too.

Renewal by Andersen response

Hi Heather! Thanks for the kind words, and for taking the time to write a review. We strive to provide a distinctive experience from start to finish on every job. We're glad you trusted us with your project, and are happy that YOU are happy with the results!

Original review: June 29, 2019

We have Andersen windows in the house and our old patio door was an Andersen. Then recently, we had Renewal by Andersen come out and change that patio door. The man who came out for the replacement did a great job. I also talked to him and he was very nice, very thorough, wasn’t pushy at all, and explained everything to us really well. He was very businesslike and friendly, too. There were a couple of things in there that we didn’t know about. We got rotten wood and he just went about replacing them then explained it to us. So, he took his time and he was here for the better part of the day.

So far, we are very happy with the quality of our new door. Our other one opened but this one is a slider. We now have better view looking out in the back and watching the deer. We also had Renewal by Andersen come out and adjust the lock on the door. Then we had an emergency while we were here and the guy went about taking care of that, then he left. We didn’t even know that the man had left but he finished doing what he was doing and we were very happy with him. It's just that he left and didn't say anything. But it dawned on us later on that our next-door neighbor’s dog attacked my dog and it was bad. And this poor man had just gotten bit the week before that by a German Shepherd. Other than that, I would recommend Renewal by Andersen.

Original review: June 28, 2019

Renewal by Andersen replaced 16 windows. They gave a timeline and they were within that. In fact, the replacement took one day and a half. The representative was very knowledgeable and worked well. The customer service as well as the installation people were excellent. The windows seemed to be what they had stated it would be, and they're very good. The biggest thing about the heating element is it's involved with the sound element. The wind and the noises have been diminished dramatically.

Original review: June 27, 2019

I saw an ad in the paper then I called Renewal by Andersen and I went with them. I purchased a slider door and they met the timeline they gave me. Their rep was very good and I was really impressed with his honesty. The installers were also very nice. They did their job and did it well. So far, I like my new slider door very much and the screen that comes with it.

Original review: June 26, 2019

I used Renewal by Andersen before and I used them again. I got windows that are tilt in to clean and they are great. There are no leaking problems. They had one problem with one window that was measured wrong and they fixed it. They came back and took care of the last window. The windows were made especially for my mother’s house. The quality is top-of-the-line and we're very pleased with it. They are a little more expensive than other replacement windows, but we’re not gonna have to worry about them again. They have a lifetime guarantee. My brother has installed windows himself. He’s used the ones from the box store, and he’s had to replace them within 10 years.

Renewal by Andersen was wonderful in every way. They were great with communicating with me. We had one little issue with the caulking because when they put the caulking on the outside of the window, the weather was cold and it didn’t set properly. I called them about it, and they came right out and took care of it. And it’s been no problem since.

Original review: June 25, 2019

We bought sliding glass doors and stationary windows from Renewal by Andersen. They completed the installation within the timeline they gave and their installers were very courteous and professional. Thus far, we've been liking the product. Their reps have also been responsive to any question we have.

Renewal by Andersen response

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review, Lewis! We strive to meet--and exceed--our customers' expectations on every job, large or small, and we're glad that you had an excellent experience.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: June 25, 2019

We had two Renewal By Andersen sliding glass doors installed in Oct 2018. During the installation the doors were found to have manufacturing defects. Since the defects were visual and did not affect the function of the door, they finished installation and ordered new doors. Approximately 6 weeks later the new doors showed up and again, the doors were defective. The finish was scratched on one and the other was so warped that it would not fit into the slot in the frame to close. Again, two more doors were ordered and scheduled for install. The next install date had to be rescheduled 3 times due to "manufacturing issues" at the factory. The 3rd set of doors finally showed up and were installed on Apr 27, 2019. And while they look and function great, we were expecting far better factory quality for the price we paid.

We are extremely happy with the Arizona distributor and their installation team, absolute professionals and great to deal with. The doors are nice, as they should be for $15,000 for the pair. If you are willing to be flexible and wait for six months as we did, they will eventually get you the product you paid for. There are several good door and window companies to choose from, some less $ and some more $. Do good research before you decide and pay attention to review dates as they tell a story for current conditions. Maybe hold off payment until installation is final? RBA, please don't feel obligated to copy and paste one of your stupid canned replies I have read on the other negative reviews. This is for people researching their next window or door project, not for you. Your next job is easy, fire your quality control management team and start over!

Renewal by Andersen response

Hi Kim, thanks for taking a minute to let us know about your experience with us. I can assure you I read each and every review that comes in on all review sites and I respond to each one of them personally. I will certainly be passing this feedback along to the team right away. I'm sorry that this was your expereince, but we appreciate you leaving us a review so we can learn from it and make sure it doesn't happen to anyone else.

Thanks again, Kim. Have a good rest of your week.

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: June 24, 2019

Things you should know: yes their products are the best, if you have the sales rep come to your house he will give you a quote but it's a, "Take it now or the price goes up" if I leave situation. Make them your last call. They are not cheap, so expect to pay a premium. We used them because my husband did like their windows and looked at them at an Expo ahead of time. So the decision was already made to get them.

On installation day, the team came and the crew did a fine job and did a very nice clean up. Had two Supervisors come to watch demo. They saw the workmen carrying heavy windows out and neither bothered to help. Wish they were here at the end of of the day cause that's when things go wrong. Our windows came out great. Just FYI, noticed that there are no handhelds to open or close. But the French doors are not finished. Our doors are white and we ordered white handles. We got brass hinges, bronze handles and a black threshold. Also one door panel had a crack in it, so they have to remake it in Minnesota.

It's been a month now, still waiting. They will give you a list of "team members", but most of them don't answer your e-mails nor answer your phone call. I finally got one nice guy to look into it. He says while the hardware is here, there doesn't seem to be any order for a new panel. Hard to make plans wondering when the doors will be finished. We also were having security screen doors put in, but that's now on hold because they need to see the measurements of a finished French door. I live in LA, hoping the Torrance team can fix this matter. Seem like nice people...if you can catch them.

Renewal by Andersen response

Nancy, first I want to thank you for letting us know about your experience so far. I'm very sorry about the inconvenience and I can understand why you're frustrated. I'm going to pass this feedback along to the team in LA and I'm also going to pass it along to our production team so they can give you a better idea of timeline. Stay tuned.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: June 24, 2019

I am a retired senior citizen and on February 1, 2019 I had purchased two brand new picture windows for just under $6000 from their salesman Alex. I ordered laminated windows and Alex told me that these windows were “bulletproof” and then changed it later to “bullet resistant.” Then I found out later from the General Manager, Steve and the corporate office of Andersen windows that that fact is not true. I guess it was just a sales tactic I said to Steve and he told me, "We try to gain our customers' trust." I thought, "That's sure a strange way of doing it." On April 8, I had my two new windows installed at my home. After installation, I found several flaws in between the glass. There was a bubble at eye level, black smudges and scratches and these flaws were not fixable. I immediately contacted the contractor and their representative Mr. Luis ** was sent to my home the next day.

Mr. ** inspected my windows and took photos of the defects. He told me that two new windows would be ordered and delivered on May 17. He also reassured me, that when his store receives my second pair of windows, he personally would inspect them for defects. On May 17, my second pair of windows were installed and again, the same issues were visible. I guess my windows weren't inspected as promised by Mr. **. These windows had a small bit of debris in between the glass and then later, I noticed numerous scratches inside and out and smudges between the glass. These windows are very expensive and with the Andersen seal on them, you think you would be getting a quality product because of their reputation, but something must have changed with their manufacturing process for this to happen TWICE.

These are windows that should have been rejected at the factory and not delivered at my home. But money seems more important than customer satisfaction. These windows are now permanent at my home and I'm stuck having to live with them knowing the problems they have. The contract that I signed, seems to protect the company, but who protects me? My money was purchasing brand spanking new windows and not flawed one. If I knew ahead of time I was going to get such merchandise, I would have canceled my order. Flawed merchandise seems to be a continuous problem with this company and as a customer, I should not have to pay for this. But by not paying the remaining amount due, my warranty is void. BUYER BEWARE.

And I do have to mention the following. While Mr. ** was at my home inspecting my windows he decided to bribe me twice to appease me, First, by offering two free tickets to a show including dinner. Then the second window incident he offered me a free Andersen product. He mentioned a free sliding door but told me that their doors have issues before they’re even installed. He told me that they usually end up with a dent in the frame due to the way they are shipped from Minnesota. I guess he told me that to discourage me from accepting his offer because I rather not continue to have this ongoing NIGHTMARE.

I have yet to see anything in exchange for the headache they put me through. It would make me very happy to have my hard earned money back though. This purchase was my second one from Renewal. The first purchase was just as bad. Now I have learned the hard way. Do not trust Renewal by Andersen. PERIOD! And take notice on how many complaints this company has received just this month alone.

Renewal by Andersen response

Good morning, JD. Thanks for taking a minute to let us know about your experience. I'll be reaching out to the team with your comments right away so they can look into this further. I'll also circle in our warranty team here at corporate. Stay tuned.

Original review: June 24, 2019

Renewal by Andersen installed the patio door and the timeline they gave me for the installation was very accurate. But we’re not too happy with the screen door part. It is very flimsy. Then as for the glass part, when you slide it and you wanna open it all the way, it’s very difficult to open. The product was very expensive too, so I hope it lasts. I chose Renewal by Andersen for their reputation. When I initially spoke with their representatives to purchase the door, my experience was also very good. I was impressed with their knowledge.

Renewal by Andersen response

Susan, I am glad you had an excellent experience--that is what we strive for every single job, large or small. Thanks for leaving feedback, we appreciate that, too!

Original review: June 23, 2019

We love Justin, the salesman of Renewal by Andersen. We had our windows done and then when we needed another window, my husband said to call Justin and see what he had to say. And he came over within a day and told us about it, showed us what we needed. Then when we needed the doors, we called him again. We’re also very happy with the doors. The installation guys were also really super. However, one thing I have a problem with is getting the window open. I read in a booklet that it said to get some dry lubricant from the hardware store. So, I had to get that but I haven't had gotten around to using the dry lubricant yet.

Renewal by Andersen response

Thank you for taking the time to share about your experience with us, Evelyn! We are so pleased to hear that you had a great experience with Justin and team!

Original review: June 22, 2019

We investigated all of the retailers and Renewal by Andersen provided the best product and service. The salesman was fine. But their mechanics and their other people were terrific. The price was high, but it matched the quality. We had both windows and door installed. And the installers cleaned up perfectly. You couldn’t tell they even were there. Renewal by Andersen is a great organization.

Renewal by Andersen response

Original review: June 21, 2019

We were impressed with the sliding glass door. The rep from Renewal by Andersen was a good salesman and we had a good rapport with him. He was pretty accurate when he said how many weeks it was gonna take to get the door in and when the door came. One-half of it was damaged, but it wasn’t damaged enough that it couldn’t be usable. So, it was installed and then they ordered us a new one, and when it came, they came and switched them. The door has very good quality. We love it. It was pretty pricey, but as far as the door goes and the installation, we were very happy.

Renewal by Andersen response

Thank you, Kathleen, for your wonderful feedback! We strive to provide our customers the highest quality product and experience, and we're glad to hear you're satisfied.

Original review: June 20, 2019

We wanted to have windows that were good quality and had good reputation that would last us the whole rest of the time we live in our house as well as resale value. We got the double-hung window and a door from Renewal by Andersen. Everything was within the time limit that they had originally quoted. So, we were happy with the installation. They did a great job. They kept everything clean, and they were always on time. Everything was good.

Original review: June 19, 2019

With Renewal by Andersen, it was attractive the installation team was the same as the people selling the windows. We talked to their reps but then had to bring them back out to talk to us some more on a different day. I liked how their rep was prepared and that he brought the windows with him. We could play and really get our hands on them. We then agreed to go forward and I purchased double hung windows from them. We got their measurement folks in and got the installation scheduled. The installation was the best part. Their guys were clean and respectful of our stuff and time. Though the windows were so expensive, we've been very happy with them. Overall, working with Renewal didn't require a lot of stress or time. It was a smooth experience.

Renewal by Andersen response

Hi Tucker! Thanks for the kind words, and for taking the time to write a review. We strive to provide a distinctive experience from start to finish on every job. We're glad you trusted us with your project, and are happy that YOU are happy with the results!

Original review: June 18, 2019

I planned to update my kitchen. With that in mind, I wanted two windows replaced. The person who answered the initial call asked several questions including why I wanted to replace windows. I made an appointment for three days later. The same day as I made the appointment, two different young ladies called and asked all the same questions again including verifying my information. I explained I had already done this twice (on the third call).

On the day they were to arrive for the consultation, I waited additional 20 minutes past the time they were to arrive. I called and asked if they were on their way. The assistant looked for my information and then said, "Well I don't know why they aren't there." I said, "Well don't they normally call if they are running late." She said, "Normally. Well, wait a bit longer and if they don't show up, we'll send out the search party." An hour an a half later, no show, no call. Decided that this was the way their company began the experience, it was one I'd rather not share.

Renewal by Andersen response

Good morning, Marlene. I'm so sorry to hear about this inconvenience. We know you set aside time out of your day to meet with us. I'm going to have the team look into this right away and make sure that we improve our processes here.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: June 18, 2019

We had eight Renewal by Andersen picture and casement windows installed last week. At first glance, we were very excited about the visually-pleasing aesthetics of the windows. Upon further inspection however, every window has a gap in each corner (32 sites) that now needs to be "covered up" according to the company we purchased them from. Apparently we aren't the first customers to have this issue. One gap is almost 1/4"! This is definitely a flaw in the manufacturing of the window and not the installation process.

We thought we were purchasing windows that have a good track record but obviously this is an issue that Renewal by Andersen can't get right, or doesn't care to. Until this problem is rectified, we would be very hesitant to purchase these windows again. They are not a cheap product by any means, and we don't mind spending the money if we're getting a product that is worth it. We should NEVER have to do additional work to brand new windows to cover up a flaw because Renewal by Andersen can't get their act together. A product that is known to be defective should not continue to be sold!!

Renewal by Andersen response

Hi John and Deanna. Thanks for taking the time to let us know about this. I'm going to reach out to the team you worked with right away and look into this for you.

Original review: June 18, 2019

We liked Renewal by Andersen's convenience and reputation. We went with them and got casement windows. We also did a slider door, regular doors and French doors through them. Their reps were very informative and we were very pleased with them. They were knowledgeable and patient. However, the process ended up taking a little longer because we had to deal with the rainstorms. Still, they were ready to go when they said they were gonna be.

But then there is an issue that got lost in the cracks. I have this desk that's made of glass and the front drawer got cracked during the installation. The installer said they would replace it but then they called me not too long ago to close up the account with however many hundred dollars left on the thing. I told them that I'd be happy to send it to them but my drawer front wasn't replaced yet. Still, the installation went well.

Renewal by Andersen response

Hi Jackie - thanks so much for the review. We really appreciate your honest feedback! I will follow up with the team asap to make sure they address your desk drawer! If you have any questions or concerns downn the road, please don't hesitate to reach out to us. Have a wonderful rest of your week.

Original review: June 16, 2019

My husband and I had 6 windows and a patio door installed. The gentleman that installed them is named Scott **. We would very much like to have this man get the recognition he deserves!! He was very professional with a wealth of knowledge. He took his time and made sure every single detail was complete, also he did this in a very timely manner. We have told our family and friends how happy we were with the windows and about the wonderful experience we had having them installed. Thank you Scott!!!!

Renewal by Andersen response

Thanks for taking the time to share about your experience, Chris! We will be sure to share with Scott - nothing like a great review to brighten up someone's day!

Original review: June 13, 2019

Renewal by Andersen was referred to us by some friends who have used it and had a really good experience. We did six windows in total, a sliding door and five other windows, and everything went exactly the way the company said they were gonna do it. The representatives were all really good and helpful. In fact, I was impressed with everybody across the board, from the installers to the salesperson to the tech guy. They all did great. I was impressed with how fast and organized they were. They put all six windows in in one day and they stayed a little late to make sure that all of that was done right. So I appreciated that. And everything is really good in terms of quality. Renewal by Andersen is worth the price.

Renewal by Andersen response

Thanks for the awesome review, Tony! We are so pleased to hear that you had such a great experience with our team! We hope you enjoy your new windows for many years to come!

Renewal by Andersen expert review by Joseph Truini

With locations across the United States, Renewal by Andersen, a division of Anderson Corporation, offers start-to-finish window and door replacement with a focus on energy efficiency.

• Windows: Renewal by Andersen offers a variety of window styles including picture, sliding, awning, casement and bay. The company also offers 15 different styles of specialty windows with custom options.

• Patio doors: Renewal by Andersen has several styles of patio doors to choose from including hinged French patio doors and sliding doors. The company offers free consultation with a representative.

• Product visualizer: Renewal by Andersen’s product visualizer takes a picture of your home and superimposes a custom window over it, allowing you to see how a new window would look before you purchase.

• Mobile app: The company’s mobile app generates a 3D model of your home based on pictures you upload. You can then visualize different styles of windows all around your home.

• Best for: homeowners who need to replace windows or patio doors in their home.

Profile picture of Joseph Truini
Joseph Truini Home Improvement Contributing Editor

Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.

Renewal by Andersen Company Information