Call toll free
4.31/5
Based on 194 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Renewal by Andersen is the full-service window-replacement division of 114-year-old Andersen Corporation, the owner of the most trusted family of window brands in America.

Renewal was founded with a mission to redefine the industry and to offer a different—and better—window-replacement experience.

Renewal by Andersen’s Signature Service is committed to giving you the best customer experience possible, through the perfect combination of the best people in the industry, a superior process, and an exclusive product.

Renewal by Andersen Video
A+BBB Rating
"Outstanding Customer Satisfaction with Windows and Patio Doors" J.D. Power
View More View More

194 Renewal by Andersen Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 21, 2018

This is a followup to an earlier review of the design consultant/sales associate, JC **, whose performance was exemplary and who I gave a 5-star rating. The new doors and their installation were top notch, as was the efficient demolition and removal of the old doors and refuse from the job site. The only complaint I had was an apparent breakdown in communication between the job schedulers and the workman. Although I provided explicit instructions regarding security protocol at the residential complex at which the installation was performed, specifically, never leaving the security gate open or unlocked while unattended, the information was either not communicated to the workman or simply ignored.

Particularly troubling was the fact that they twice tied the gate open after vigilant residents of the complex had closed it. To the company's credit, they offered to reimburse me in full for potential monetary penalties levied by my condo association for the violation. Fortunately for both parties, that proved unnecessary as the association, though clearly stating that I am ultimately responsible for the actions or inaction of contractors that I hire, graciously decided to waive the penalty by virtue of the fact that this was my first offense. Were it not for this unfortunate event, I would have given the installation crew a 5-star performance rating.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: July 19, 2018

I wanted quality windows and Renewal by Andersen's reps were easy to work with, so I went with them. I knew that the expense was greater, which is a bit of a challenge in life today, but I like working with GreenSky to pay the windows off and with no interest because I plan on paying it off within two years. That’s working really well for me. I also had a great interaction with the rep I worked with. He was very personable and I went over everything with him. He came up from the eastern part of the state and we had a good meeting. I requested that they not do the windows right away because I was away, and I had them done at a time when I wanted the installation done.

The installers were efficient, did a good job, and cleaned up well. I had six windows put in and they fit in very perfectly. They were done in a day and afterwards, the guy that did the installation went around with me and showed me how to tip and remove the windows, for when I need to remove the screens. I have not washed them yet and I’ve got to try to remember exactly how to do some of that stuff, but they will come back.

So far, I love the windows. But I didn’t remember that I have the crossbars on them. I have six-over-six windows and I left the inside to be painted myself, not realizing that those crossbars didn’t pop out like my old windows. The six windows are natural wood and they don’t fit in with the house and I’ve gotta stain them all myself. So, it’s gonna be a challenge that I’ve not wanted to handle yet. But other than that, everybody at Renewal by Andersen was very thorough with me, considerate, and walked me through the process.

Original review: July 18, 2018

I knew Renewal by Andersen and their renewal line and it seemed like the place to start. The windows I replaced were Andersen's too, so I chose them. We replaced standard windows and it took two months from start to finish. The estimator and the measure guy, as well as those who installed it, were excellent. The final product turned out very good and as expected. However, it was more expensive than I would have thought and hoped. Nonetheless, I would tell my friends that they should consider Renewal by Andersen. It's very well buttoned-down operation.

Original review: July 17, 2018

I had three custom windows ordered with Andersen. They came out and measured for the windows. On the day of installation they removed the three windows replacing two of them and discovering the third window was the wrong size. They temporarily put in the new window in box didn’t so that I would have a window as my old one had already been removed prior to the discovery. I was told it would take two weeks to get the new window replacement. After two weeks I made several calls as I have not heard from them yet. I finally got a hold of someone and they left me a message that it would be another two weeks before I would see the window. At this point I’m dealing with the frustration of not being able to get this done after going through this process for two months. Considering they charge a premium for their windows it’s very disappointing that quality of service I am receiving.

Original review: July 17, 2018

We heard a lot of good things about Renewal by Andersen so we purchased some windows and sliding deck doors from them. Their rep was very professional and he did not pressure us so we were very pleased with him. The time frame worked out fine. We had the windows done in February so we weren’t opening too many windows. But now with this time of weather, I’m noticing that some of the windows, when I push them up, slide half-way back down. I don’t know what the cause of that is.

We got ahold of the finance company, GreenSky and they were not very easy to work with. We were able to get some money that we were gonna offer to pay it off if they could negotiate a little bit but they were not willing to in any way, shape or form. We’ll have to wait for two years and pay one day before the due. So we were surprised. We thought that they would be willing to get paid now instead of having to wait. Also there were other places in the area that offered much less expensive whole house things. But the quality of the products we got from Andersen are fantastic, except that we already had a squirrel chew through the screen of our deck door. I would go with Andersen again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Renewal by Andersen?

Original review: July 16, 2018

We wanted to make an investment in the house so we chose Renewal by Andersen. They have different quality product than what’s out there. We were coming from very terrible windows so we wanted a big improvement. The salesman was very informative, calm and patient. We felt very comfortable and confident that it was the right product for us. A lot of it had to do with his delivery. It didn’t feel like a hard sell pitch. Clearly he was very passionate about the product and gave us great facts about it and gave us time to think it through, which was really helpful, and we didn’t feel that way at all with the other products. Aside from how the windows looked, the efficiency and the craftsmanship of the windows were important to us.

The installation was amazing. I walked around with my mouth agape the whole day. They came here promptly and they were fast but I could tell they were doing it well. I still can't believe they could do that. When I asked questions, they were very quick to answer them and take the time to do that. They were very respectful of the house and of us being there. It was important to us as it didn’t feel like they were invading the house.

After the installation, I noticed a significant difference in the heating and cooling of the house. We have a split-level home so we could never get the top floor cool enough in the summer and warm enough in the winter. And now it's much more even across the house and we haven’t even changed anything that has to do with the heating and cooling. Also from a sound perspective, we can still hear birds chirping in the morning but we’re not woken up by sirens, alarms, traffic, etc. My son sleeps better through the night.

Original review: July 15, 2018

All our other windows are Andersen's and I would always recommend Andersen windows as well. This time, we got a big slider window in the front. We had a bowl window before but when we talked to the gentleman, he suggested the slider one. It's a little bigger than the one we had but it lets in a lot more light and it looks a lot bigger. They were going to install it in December and I thought it would be so cold. But they said it would be in and out 20 minutes tops, and it was. We were not hanging around with a big hole in our house. They were spot on in whatever they told us and everybody we worked with at Renewal by Andersen was really great. They were always professional and polite. We love our big new window. They had shown us how you can’t feel heat or cold through the window and it's absolutely true.

Original review: July 14, 2018

I gave Renewal by Andersen a chance after I did my due diligence in terms of looking the company up on good ratings and good comments. I bought combination windows. They came out, they said that they'll have it done the next day and next day I had my windows. They look great and fabulous, and I'm very happy. Also, the representatives were very helpful, professional, and knowledgeable. They cleaned up, didn't leave any debris, and did everything right with no dilly-dally. I've been very pleased with Andersen and I would definitely recommend them without any hesitation. Everyone who has seen my windows said, "Wow, these are really nice." So if all companies would ask, respond and do what they said like Andersen, then I'd be a happy person.

Renewal by Andersen response

Thanks for the great review, Karen! We are so pleased to hear that you love your new windows and had a great experience with our team! Thanks for choosing Renewal by Andersen and encouraging others to do the same!

Original review: July 13, 2018

We were down at a fair in Massachusetts and a representative from Renewal by Andersen was there. I gave him our information because our windows were old and the lady called to schedule the appointment. A gentleman came, talked to us and showed us the different windows and the quality and the thickness made a big difference in our choice. After looking at all the different brands and the one advertised on television with the guy who represents the Red Sox, I mentioned it to Kevin, the sales rep, and he told me there was no deal. I discussed it with my husband and we decided to go with Andersen.

I ordered double-hung windows and they installed them during the fall season and it was cold so I never bothered to pull them down. When summer came, I went to pull the windows down and I couldn’t because there was nothing in it to reach out to pull down on. So, I called them and I told them I would not order double-hung windows if I can’t pull them down. I would have to stick my fingers down in between the two windows to open the upper and I was not gonna do that. She said they didn’t have anything but she understood my frustration. She said there was a thing they could put on there but it might break the window. She asked me if I wanted to try a couple and I said yes.

Barry came and put on all nine of them. We ordered the weather windows too and he scheduled everything all at once and did them all yesterday. He had no problem and he said that if it's measured properly, there wouldn't be any trouble. He has been doing it for years and was very good. He was so quiet and went about his work. I was very glad he did all of it in no time at all. But some of the windows are not as tight as they should be. Last week, I could feel draft around them and I know they’re lifetime-guaranteed but I don’t know who to call about that.

Original review: July 12, 2018

I had a big window done by Renewal by Andersen and it was pricey. They were fairly good about the timeline but I didn't like that if you didn't make the decision that day, the price would go up. Additionally, they told me that it was a one-day job but then it took two days. But the installation guys were really good. They were very clean and they picked up everything. They did the work less than a year ago, but I'm already noticing some chipping on some of the area, like where the swivel window opener is.

Original review: July 11, 2018

I had most of the other windows on the house replaced already by Andersen. They were not leaking nor drafty. I was really happy with the windows and I went back to them. I had a wood front door replaced and the whole opening. I had a big front door and a sliding door in the basement and the contractor told me it was going to be pretty quick. He initially came out and then he came back when the people were here. He was very nice and good. The experience was straightforward and it was very clean and done nicely.

Original review: July 10, 2018

We had Renewal by Andersen replace one particular window. We've had them before so we used them again and they did a great job this time. The guy who came out here did the estimate, told us the timeline and then I approved it. Their guys then showed up on time and did the work. They also cleaned up and took the old window away, and they did a beautiful job on the window. The service was excellent and it was a very, very good experience.

Renewal by Andersen response

Thanks for the great review, Mickey! We are so happy that you had a good experience working with our team! Enjoy your new windows and thank you for choosing Renewal by Andersen!

Original review: July 9, 2018

We’ve had two sales reps come to our house unexpectedly as they knock door to door. Yesterday a male rep came and did his sales pitch which I can appreciate as my spouse is in sales. He was rather persuasive and although I said we are not interested he continued to pressure and asked why we wouldn’t want to fix our rotted windows. I told him several times we were not interested in replacing them and we are aware as another rep knocked on our door. Needless to say he was very rude and questioned several times what we thought was so important in our lives that we wouldn’t fix our windows. When we are ready to fix our windows we definitely will not use this unprofessional window company.

Renewal by Andersen response

Hello, Grace... thank you for taking the time to bring this to our attention--we appreciate it. I am sorry to hear you had a disappointing experience with our team. Our canvassers are the face of our business, and we want homeowners to have positive interactions with them--regardless of the decision to set up an appointment or not. If you'd be willing to share your contact information (including ZIP) either via message or by email (megan at andersencorp dot com), I would like to get this feedback to the appropriate canvassing manager for training purposes. Thank you!

Original review: July 9, 2018

We needed to replace one of the window elements which was three panels and we replaced that with a slight bay window effect. The windows within the home came from Andersen Windows, which were original to the house when we got it, so it made the most sense to go with them. The initial representative dropped by to demonstrate everything and he did a nice job. The project turned out well, but because the scheduling happened around Christmas, I had to do a slight amount of juggling and holding off with decorating. If it was any other time during the year, the installers would have been in and out, and that would have been phenomenal.

Also, my initial timeslot was for a day where it was gonna turn up to be rainy and nasty. I was a little concerned about having things installed and the trouble was everyone was having holiday parties. I was trying to get a hold of representatives to try to reschedule and I was a bit frantic at that point, but I managed to get a hold of people in time and rescheduled for a week later. The installers were professional and they did a great job putting up with the weather. It was fairly cold and windy that day, so they made sure to at least temporarily get all the windows in place. I had a roaring fire going to keep them warm.

The installers managed to come here around 7:30 in the morning and by 9:30 that night, all the windows were installed, caulked, and sealed. It was one of the coldest days of the year at that point. Overall, the whole process was good. I could've gone and had things done for less, but it was a quality install, and I've got a guarantee behind these for a while. It's been a reassurance and so far, I'm very pleased. I appreciate all the various coatings on the windows because no one can see in all that well, so there's a nice sense of privacy during the day. It's also keeping the heat out and the heat in.

Original review: July 8, 2018

We had the patio sliding glass door done by Renewal by Andersen. The process went really good and smooth. However, one of the rubber seals on the bottom of the door has come out, so we need to call them to come back and reinstall that. My interactions with reps were very good too, and we were impressed with them. That was one of the selling points that we went with Renewal by Andersen as opposed to a couple of other people that we talked with. Their rep knew the product and didn't make promises that were pie in the sky. He did a great job and the quality of work done was really good.

Original review: July 7, 2018

Renewal by Andersen's general reputation and my long-time relationship with a fellow who works there made me go with them. I got some specialty windows, and the installers were thorough in details, neat and organized. Renewal by Andersen met the time frame to the minute -- how long it was going to take to install, the day they would be delivered, etc. The quality of the custom windows is great, too.

Original review: July 6, 2018

Renewal by Andersen did the window replacements seven months ago. We had existing Andersen windows and it made for an easy switch up. A rep came to our house, showed us the samples, and gave us pricing. We made a deal, and then he told us the timeline and they got it done ahead of that. But we had them come back to repair a latch on a first-floor window right on the front porch. The guy got it to lock but said don’t use it and they were gonna replace it, but has not been back. And that’s been over six weeks now. Also, they were more expensive than we anticipated, but they were fine to deal with and I'd recommend them.

Original review: July 5, 2018

Renewal by Andersen products were a little bit better than what I was getting. I had a sliding door replaced by them and recently, I needed seven double-hung windows installed. Their rep explained everything and he came out to measure. Renewal by Andersen said that the installation would take a day and they were able to do it in one day. But initially, when they called and asked when I wanted them, they weren't gonna do it that day because it was cold. Their installers kept it nice and clean. There were a couple of things that got trampled down and broke but it was not a big deal. My interaction with Anderson is really good. In fact, I called them again because I needed another 12 windows changed down. I'm waiting to get the money together so they can come out again. I also already recommended them to my two neighbors.

Renewal by Andersen response

Thanks for the great review, Louis! We are so happy that you are happy with the product and service you received from Renewal by Andersen! We are excited to work with you again in the future! Thanks again!

Original review: July 4, 2018

I moved into a home in Massachusetts that was built by a contractor with heavy and really ugly crank out windows. As soon as I walked in I said, “The windows have got to go.” They were so old that all the hand cranks were falling apart. Then we found Andersen was advertising something right about the time I was starting to think about replacing the windows. I ended up calling them and I called a couple of others. Like when my husband replaced windows, he would put the name itself, other replacement windows, and I discovered in the process that they're no longer being made. They were great windows and that’s what I was looking for.

Then, somebody from Andersen came over and took a look at the windows. I was told that the windows that are in my house are Andersen windows. Then he showed me the little marking in the back. He could tell me how old they were and they were even older than I thought they were. I went ahead and got a price, picking around and the first price they gave me, I almost can't get out of the chair. He was giving me the top of the line. I said that it was not going to happen and I could not afford that much.

We ended up meeting somewhere in the middle and had the windows put in. They are double hung windows. Everybody that has walked into the house the first time said, “These windows are beautiful.” The windows are huge. I bought the house with my daughter and she has the colonial side of the house and her windows are 12/12. I wanted windows that were going to match hers so the whole house would blend in together. The windows are so big, it is like my living room is almost enclosed in glass. It is beautiful. I keep looking at the things and I was told to put a curtain on them. I'm like, " Why would I want to cover these windows?” I can look out at the nice woods and see the deer walking through my yard.

I was married to a contractor before and so I told the installer that I'm not a good person to work for because I know what they are doing. But he was fantastic. I said he had to cart one window and there was one window in the kitchen where they had to fill in molding which I ended up having to paint myself, but that was not a big deal. But it did not match up the window sills and he took a look at it and he ended up building with some of the primer wood he had. He had to put a sealant for me. I had to paint it, but it was awesome. I was also watching him cracking the window and I said, “You know, I gotta tell you, I have never seen anybody lay crack like you.”

A slider was put in the window in the kitchen. I had a crank out on there too and it was kind of a hard match to fill in. The installer was not supposed to put an edging around it to fill out the gap, but he did it without any help. He asked me, “What do you want me to do?” And I said, “I'm gonna have to put some molding in there.” He just shrugged it off and he said, “No problem.” He went in and put me a nice little window sill underneath it. That really was not part of the job, but he did it in half an hour. He was unbelievable and he did great work.

I highly recommend the subcontractor. He was an older guy, but he did great work. He was here a couple of days. One day he had to leave because he had a doctor’s appointment but it was not a problem. He made sure upfront that it was going to be okay. He actually came before Andersen said they were going to come. I was very happy with the whole thing. Also, I was glad to see my old, awful windows go.

One of my neighbors, every time I look, he’s doing something in his yard or he’s having somebody do something and he didn’t talk to me. But he came over to my daughter and he said that my windows are beautiful and it really makes the house looks so different. He really loves them and I'm very happy with it, too. I was initially worried about the expense and I know I was going to have to pay up a lot of costs, but they were worth every penny.

Renewal by Andersen response

Thanks for the great review, Martha! We love hearing stories and experiences from our customers, so thank you for taking the time to share! We are so happy that you are pleased with your new windows! We hope you enjoy for many years to come! Thanks again!!

Original review: July 3, 2018

Renewal by Andersen has a better product for the price and I purchased doors and a couple of double hung and sliding windows from them. The reps I worked with were great, very professional, very courteous, and respectful of my house. In certain instances, I didn’t even know they were there. And the installation was done very quickly. It was done in the middle of winter and I wasn’t very cold at all even though they were taking big windows out of my house at certain times. We like the windows very much and they were well worth the cost. I recommend Renewal by Andersen. I talk to my neighbors about them all the time.

Renewal by Andersen response

Thanks for the great review, John! We are so happy that you are pleased with the service and product you received from Renewal by Andersen! Thanks for choosing Renewal by Andersen and encouraging others to do the same!

Original review: July 2, 2018

I already have Renewal by Andersen windows. We had the windows that go up and down. I replaced them and a sliding door. My interaction with the rep was very good and the quality of the service was excellent. The process was very good and they did really well.

Renewal by Andersen response

Thanks for the great review, Dennis! We are so pleased that you were pleased with the service you received from us! Thanks again!

Original review: July 1, 2018

Renewal by Anderson Terrible experience. Was having a garden window replaced in my kitchen. I wanted the new window made the same size as the existing window so it would fit opening. When they came out to install the window on May 14th it was the wrong size. They had to reinstall the old window and re-measure. They came out on June 23rd with the new window and it was 3 inches too narrow and 1 ½ inches too short. They told me that this was correct and used 2x4’s to make the window fit the opening.

The installers called their supervisor and told him I didn’t want the window installed. He was adamant that what they were doing was correct and when they were done I would like it. I told him that is not how I wanted it done and if they put it in and I didn’t like it I wasn’t going to pay for it until they replaced it with the correct window. I didn’t like the finished installation and I’m still waiting for someone to come out and fix the situation. Their sales team is available to meet the customer at the customer’s convenience to sell windows, but when there is a problem and I need to see a manager they would only be available between 9 am to 5 pm and no weekends. I would have to take off from work to meet with them. This is what they consider good customer service.

Renewal by Andersen response

Michael, thank you for taking the time to leave feedback, We certainly don't want you feeling like you are not getting good customer service. If you would be willing to message us or email me directly (megan at andersencorp dot com) with yoru contact info, including ZIP, I can look into your case directly. Thank you!

Original review: July 1, 2018

I needed to replace big 4-foot wide sliders that were like patio doors. I had to do two of them and they open up, so I had these enclosed. I was in the property business and had a lot of properties over the years prior to this. I did a lot of condo conversions and my old crew was using Renewal by Andersen even on the rental stuff that I'm no longer involved with. I further examined Renewal by Andersen and saw that Home Depot was selling them, so I decided that going with them was the best thing to do. They’ve already installed windows three years ago in three complexes and one of them I was heavily involved in and the windows are going great. I normally would have used my own crew, but Andersen works on their stuff all the time and they're very experienced with it. They can do it faster and everything is guaranteed as well.

Their salesman was a good guy and he was straight up and I recommended him to several people. Their installers did the installation in one day and it was not easy to do this. It required a lot of lifting and they lifted 4 seven foot windows. They were heavy and they got it done. The product is excellent and the finishes are great. The glass is really good and of high quality. A lot of the other companies are off-the-wall old storm window siding guys. We used to call them tin men in the old days and they were con men. They were selling junk but this wasn’t the case with Andersen. They have been around a long time and they're one of the top three windows in the country. You can't go wrong with them.

Renewal by Andersen response

Thanks for the great review, Anthony! We value the opinions of our customers and love to hear about their experience with us! So thank you for taking the time to do so! Thanks again!!

Original review: June 30, 2018

I had one of their representatives come to my door, and listened to him talk about setting up a quote for window repairs. He seemed very knowledgeable, but a bit pushy. I do not like making decisions right away, and never confirm anything from someone going door to door. I prefer to think about my options and contact them when I am ready. I explained this to the representative, who became very annoyed and confrontational. I was very nice to him but responded to me with “why would you need to do any research, we are the number one group in the area.” He then proceeded to make a passive-aggressive comment under his breath about the shirt I was wearing as I was leaving. The treatment I received from this particular person was enough for me to seek business elsewhere for my window needs.

Renewal by Andersen response

Derek, thank you for sharing this with us. Our canvassers are the front line of the business and are trained to be knowledgeable and ready to answer your questions--but you should not feel confronted or uneasy. I am sorry to hear about your frustrations. I would like to share this with the appropriate manager for training purposes. We can also have someone reach out to you, if you would like. If you woud be so kind as to share your ZIP code, I can get this to the right manager. If you'd like someone to contact y ou, you can message or email us your contact information. Thank you!

Original review: June 30, 2018

I had a terrific experience with Renewal by Andersen. They gave me a timeline on how long everything would take. And their installers were phenomenal. They came on the coldest weekend in February that we had and they had the whole kitchen cordoned off. My Andersen windows are beautiful and everybody was top-notch. I will call Renewal again for another window.

Renewal by Andersen response

Thanks for the great review, Mary! We are so happy that you are pleased with y our experience with Renewal by Andersen! Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience with us!

Original review: June 29, 2018

Their service is the worst. The tabs cannot be pushed in to window pane to tilt it. Video makes it easy to push the tabs in. It is impossible to push these plastic tabs in. I have tried many time to calling local service dealers to come and service these windows. No one is interested in coming out to your house for any amount of money. It seems only thing they are interested in selling new windows. It sucks not being able to clean windows. I spent $7000 on these windows.

Renewal by Andersen response

Surender, thank you for reaching out. I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your new windows. Your windows are designed for ease of use, so let's see what we can do to get you some assistance! If you would be so kind as to message us or email (megan at andersencorp dot com) your contact information, including ZIP code, I will look into this for you. Thank you!

Original review: June 29, 2018

We had Andersen windows put in when we built the house so we got Andersen again for a patio sliding door. The rep was very good and she knew her stuff. She had a lot of information and explained that it had to be custom-made. It would take a few months and we were fine with it. It would be mid-January and it was on point as far as the days. They came out and they did it in one day. When they had to take the original door out, it was in three pieces. It took about 5 hours from start to finish and it was very fast. They also cleaned up and everything was perfect. The cost wasn’t cheap, but I was fine with the price. The quality was fine too. It was sealed and we had no problems this winter with it at all. I would recommend Renewal by Andersen.

Renewal by Andersen response

Thanks for the great review, Linda! We are so happy that you had a great experience with Renewal by Andersen and took the time to share about it. Thanks again and enjoy your new patio door!

Original review: June 28, 2018

I got an email saying that Renewal by Andersen had a sale. I called and someone came to my house and I ended up getting them. They told us that someone would call me and then set up a date, but no one ever called me. I had to call them and they apologized, and then we set up a date. They said they would call me to confirm the date two weeks prior, but no one ever called me. I was aggravated. A few days prior to when they were supposed to show up, I called and I ended up getting the same guy every time. He said that it was his fault. He forgot to contact anybody, so I thought no one was gonna show up. But someone came that day. They said that they would call before they got there, but they didn’t. They just rang the doorbell but it was fine.

The communication in the beginning really drove me nuts because I felt like I had to reach out so many times. But whenever I did, someone answered the phone and talked to me, so everything worked out. The installers were fantastic as well. The four of them and the lead guy were really great. However, they ended up taking longer and we were upset because we were leaving our house unlocked. They said that we could trust them and that they have background checks. I don’t care if they did a background check. I never saw it and it didn’t matter.

They decided to do the windows on the last day. That way, I didn’t have to take another day off from work. The installer finished earlier than he expected and then called my husband and said that he would come back around 5:30 so we could sign the paperwork. That was good. He came back when we were home and everything worked out. We really like the windows. It’s amazing because we got them in the winter and it completely changed our heating bill. And now with the summer, it’s been much better too. I would totally recommend Renewal by Andersen to anybody.

Renewal by Andersen response

Thanks for the great review, Paulette! We are so happy that you were pleased with the service you received from Renewal by Andersen! Thanks so much for choosing us and encouraging others to do the same!

Original review: June 27, 2018

Sales agreement for 3 panel French door with center panel active, side panels stationary with picture transom window and hinged screen door was signed on May 23, 2016. On July 12, the door was installed with a sliding screen door and outer threshold not meeting the porch. After many phone calls and disappointing results, the final screen door was "engineered" on November 4. At that time, I requested that the balance on the contract be extended. All future correspondences from me were ignored. Now, they insist that their promotional offer's clock started ticking on May 23 and expired. Their customer service has been rude and dismissive. I regret ever doing business with them, and I encourage everyone else to steer clear.

Original review: June 25, 2018

We had an addition put on our house and used Pella, but we were not satisfied with their performance. They didn't open right and they had all sorts of issues, so we decided to go with ones that were not wood. That was the thing that we liked most about Renewal by Andersen. We could also get one color outside and another color inside, which was a high point of that. Also, the prices were right. We had six windows done and they said they could do the window replacement in a day, and they did.

My experience with the rep went well. He knew his stuff. I used to be an architect and he talked to me as an architect. The whole installation process was very good. The installers pulled a big trailer into my driveway and pulled out everything they needed and went to work. They were courteous and they looked after the places they worked and helped us move some furniture and things that were on the road.

Since the installation, the quality of the windows has been great. In the lead-up to the hot weather, we were opening them all the time and they worked perfectly. We have a two-story house and what was recently done was upstairs. We had done the downstairs 20-something years ago and they’re still working very well too. We’re happy with this installation and the previous installation. The same people did both of our installations and they did a good job both times. Every time I talk to somebody about changing windows, I recommend that they look into Renewal by Andersen.

Renewal by Andersen response

Thanks for the great review, Tom! We are so happy that you are happy with your new windows! Thanks for choosing Renewal by Andersen and encouraging others to do the same!

Renewal by Andersen expert review by Joseph Truini

With locations across the United States, Renewal by Andersen, a division of Anderson Corporation, offers start-to-finish window and door replacement with a focus on energy efficiency.

• Windows: Renewal by Andersen offers a variety of window styles including picture, sliding, awning, casement and bay. The company also offers 15 different styles of specialty windows with custom options.

• Patio doors: Renewal by Andersen has several styles of patio doors to choose from including hinged French patio doors and sliding doors. The company offers free consultation with a representative.

• Product visualizer: Renewal by Andersen’s product visualizer takes a picture of your home and superimposes a custom window over it, allowing you to see how a new window would look before you purchase.

• Mobile app: The company’s mobile app generates a 3D model of your home based on pictures you upload. You can then visualize different styles of windows all around your home.

• Best for: homeowners who need to replace windows or patio doors in their home.

Profile picture of Joseph Truini
Joseph Truini

Home Improvement Contributing Editor

Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.

Renewal by Andersen Company Information