Call toll free
3.82/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Renewal by Andersen is the full-service window-replacement division of 114-year-old Andersen Corporation, the owner of the most trusted family of window brands in America.

Renewal was founded with a mission to redefine the industry and to offer a different—and better—window-replacement experience.

Renewal by Andersen’s Signature Service is committed to giving you the best customer experience possible, through the perfect combination of the best people in the industry, a superior process, and an exclusive product.

Renewal by Andersen Video
A+BBB Rating
"Outstanding Customer Satisfaction with Windows and Patio Doors" J.D. Power
View More View More

554 Renewal by Andersen Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

Renewal by Andersen is considered the top of the line and I had heard great things from homeowners about the windows and how well they were produced and how courteous the staff was. I was given the information by requesting it from users and I found out when I used Renewal by Andersen that everything that was said was true. They also had a showroom in Livonia, which was convenient for me.

I’ve called our salesperson each time and he was very courteous. He also had the ultimate product knowledge. After the first time, when he got the half-hour presentation and all the samples, I told him to get to the windows on the second visit and that I didn't need a sales talk because we were gonna do it. I also told him that I would pay half for the down and half when they complete it, so he didn't have to push me on the one-year. He backed off a little, although he wanted to tell me how good it was. I said that if I was gonna get one-year interest-free, then I was gonna pay it all at the end, I would have that hanging around. I don’t like things hanging around my neck. I’m a go-now, do-now guy, and he worked with me on it.

I came on a three-part plan. I did a whole bunch of windows the first time, but I did a bit less the second time, and I’m gonna be doing the last two windows on the third. Then, I’m gonna save for number four because it is gonna be expensive. I have an 11-window home, which is a beautiful colonial in Canterbury Commons, and I wanted it to sparkle. The windows I got are just like a dream. I got the cut-ups and they are inside the window. The windows look smashing and they are put together. I’m already seeing savings on the coldness with the use of the windows that I have. They’ve been here two times doing a good job and they were able to start and complete their work, two men each in one afternoon or one day. When the guy came for the final measurement, he gave me the date. We were told by our salesperson that it was gonna be around five months away. He had given me a sales job and I told him the date was very good.

We have the windows and I didn’t go very far off-field. I got a lot of standards, white frames and white windows, and white hardware. I didn’t make it difficult for the factory in Minnesota. As far as the kitchen window, we have a view window for my wife and she also loves the awning window. My wife was having a problem with the dinette window and it is pretty large. She was gonna surprise me one day and she got the window open because we could get it open and we could do almost everything from the inside. However, she couldn't figure out how to get it closed again, so we called the office again, but they didn’t have anyone that was in the neighborhood they could shake loose.

Brandon, the general manager, was listening in to the receptionist trying to find a truck. He lives in Fenton and he said that he would come over. He did and he was super great. I asked him why he was making that call and he said, “Because customers are supreme.” He is a pleasant man and I could see why he is the general manager of the year. If I had a company, I’d hire him in a moment.

I hear other people telling me what they did and I also hear that the windows freeze up on them, however, I don’t expect that with Renewal by Andersen's windows. I expect to pay a bit more and I’m probably paying around 12% to 15% more than the Livonia company, but it is worth it. Renewal by Andersen won’t get a complaint from me.

Get expert buying tips about Windows and Doors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

We have an old farmhouse and my dad had put in some Andersen windows 50 years ago. They held up for a long time. They would probably still be holding up if there wasn’t some goof when they put aluminum siding on a couple of them, that were in pretty bad shape. What happened was the aluminum siding was covered over the sill, but they didn’t put any drain on there in case any water got in. The aluminum siding over the sill got water in it and it rotted it out. And so, the whole bottom part of the window started to go to heck. Now, new Andersen windows don’t use wood anymore like that and that was what forced me to replace these windows.

The sales team have been really nice. They recognized that there was a goof in the window and they were fixing it as they go. But then there was a detail somebody missed, and then we had another problem. But I’m comfortable with it. I’m pretty sure we’re gonna get this all straightened out pretty well. I'm also having problems with the payment system. What sold me was the two years with no payments, no interest. And although I had to have it paid off by that time for 10 grand, I had basically four windows installed. I said I could nickel and dime it until it comes up toward the end and then I could just wipe it all out. 10,000 isn’t all that much. But we didn’t have it the right time, then they got it the right time, then all of a sudden I got payments to make which I’m not supposed to. That was the only goofy part about it, but they were working on it the last I knew. I’m confident they will get the payment situation straightened out.

Also the windows and the installation work were top-notch, absolutely beautiful and high-quality. They did a very good job in a very short time and kept the place very clean. They are expensive windows, but they’re damn good. One was a large picture window. Another one was a not quite large picture window, but a open large swing window, and the others were the usual up and down windows. I’m very happy with it. I love the windows.

Renewal by Andersen response

Hi Ron - Thanks for taking the time to share about your experience! We are so happy to hear that you are loving your new windows! If any of these issues do not get resolved, please don't hesitate to reach out to me directly and I can help get the situation resolved! Thanks again!

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

The Renewal by Andersen rep was very knowledgeable. He explained everything really well, so I knew exactly what I was gonna get. I dealt with him with my father-in-law's house first, and he did a very good job with that one. I liked Renewal by Andersen so much that I ended up choosing them for my house too. I thought about the quality and how well they explained everything to us, and I liked what I heard. Everything went exactly how the rep had said it would be, and it worked out the same way with my house too. He seemed like he knew what he was doing and talking about, so just the way he was, was all right with me.

Renewal by Andersen had their person come out to measure, and he came when they said he was gonna come. Then, for the installation, they told me which day and that they would start it at 8 in the morning. The guys arrived at 8 and they were very good people. They were very personal where it was like you can talk to them like they're neighbors. They definitely knew what they were doing and they did very quality work. I liked the way they weather-sealed the outside with the caulking. They did a really nice job there. Taking the old windows out, they were really careful with the old bay window, and they made sure it didn't fall. There were two groups, and they helped each other right throughout. One group had a patio guy doing the patio, and the window people are kind of a separate crew.

I had the patio door and bay window replaced, and then I did my one-bedroom window at this time. Eventually, I'd like to do more when I can afford it. They gave me eight to ten weeks as timeline when I had done it early summer. But it ended up being quicker because it only took six weeks. I had the trim work which is what I'm always impressed with. They did such a nice job with the oak trim that they put back on around the windows. They do an outstanding job and they do it so quickly and efficiently. Then they already had set up for my city inspector to come out, and that all went as smooth as silk.

I've already told people how great Renewal by Andersen is. I think it's the way to go, even if it's a bit more up front. I've got a lifetime guarantee and good financing, and then I had gotten a good deal as it was anyways, so it has made it a lot easier also. I recommend Renewal by Andersen to anyone who would ask or anyone that wants windows. I'm more impressed with their product than the vinyl windows that I purchased about 10 years ago. They are on the other part of my house. They seem to be all right and that's why I haven't replaced them yet, but they're nowhere near as good as the windows by Renewal by Andersen.

Renewal by Andersen response

Thank you for the awesome review, Donald! We are so pleased to hear that you had a great experience with Renewal by Andersen! Thanks again for taking the time to share!

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

Our original windows in the house were all from Renewal by Andersen. I saw an advertisement in the Sunday newspaper that they were having a special and I got a front picture window with the two sides cranked out. First of all, a gentleman had made an appointment to come with me to explain what they would do and how they would do it. Thereafter, the next gentleman that came measured the window. The day the two gentlemen came to put the window in, they constructed it right out in the driveway. It was quite interesting because they put up weighted poles in my living room. Then they had a huge sheet of heavy plastic and blocked off this area where they would be working so that dust and debris wouldn’t go on to the rest of my house. I was pleased with the quality of their work. The installation went very smoothly and they got the window in.

There was a misunderstanding, however, and it was on my part. They were asking what kind of wood I wanted the window would be made from. I had somebody come and the gentleman looked around my house and said, “Well, it looks like you have walnut. It’s a dark wood.” He asked me if I wanted walnut and I told him that that would be fine as I wanted the windows to match. But when the window was completed, there was no stain on it.

One of the window people said that the window was made out of walnut wood and that I had to stain it. So what I should have done was to have pine because it would have been a less expensive wood and still it would have stain. He said they had a gentleman that would come out and stain it for me but I said I could handle that. But as it turned out, I hired it done. Also, the gentleman that did the staining was a friend of my son, so I felt comfortable with him. That friend does a lot of windows and he said the window by Andersen was of really nice quality

My only bad experience was this window was put in on the 20th, and I came home on Christmas afternoon and I could see my curtain blowing. I went over there and there was a huge crack in one side window and it went all the way through, so I was losing heat out of that. I was a little worried if they were gonna be able to do the window and how much heat I was gonna lose when they took the original window out and put it in. So I found some cardboard and taped over it although I knew that wasn’t gonna work very long. Christmas was on a Monday, so I called on a Tuesday and they weren’t back from the holiday.

When I finally talked with them, the rep said they couldn't come until the 27th of January and that they don’t send people out unless there are two jobs in the same area. But it needed to be done as it was unacceptable. So my kids came over and they padded up the window better and put some weather stripping around it. Although I wasn’t really happy about that, that helped prevent the loss of heat. My son was looking from the side at the window and he said the reason why it cracked was because up at the top, it was very close to the back of the house or to the back of the window. The window came down at an angle so it was farther away at the bottom of the frame than it was at the top. My son said there was a lot of tension on that and probably with the cold weather, it just cracked.

I had to wait until January although the Andersen team came a week earlier. It was from December 25th to January 20th that they came back and a gentleman repaired the window. He said the new one will be straight. He added some shins in there to give it room to contract and expand a bit. He looked at the other side window which was straight but he said he was gonna put the shins in anyway to give it a little room to breathe and move. So, I was happy about that then. But overall, it was a $4,800 job even though it was all on sale. We had some flaws along the way but other than the big crack, I'm still very satisfied with Renewal by Andersen.

Renewal by Andersen response

Hi Holly: Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am sorry to hear about the unexpected hiccup with your windows, but glad to hear that we were able to resolve the issue and you are satisfied with the final product. If you need anything else, please don't hesitate to call or email--we are here to help. Thanks!

Original review: July 4, 2018

I moved into a home in Massachusetts that was built by a contractor with heavy and really ugly crank out windows. As soon as I walked in I said, “The windows have got to go.” They were so old that all the hand cranks were falling apart. Then we found Andersen was advertising something right about the time I was starting to think about replacing the windows. I ended up calling them and I called a couple of others. Like when my husband replaced windows, he would put the name itself, other replacement windows, and I discovered in the process that they're no longer being made. They were great windows and that’s what I was looking for.

Then, somebody from Andersen came over and took a look at the windows. I was told that the windows that are in my house are Andersen windows. Then he showed me the little marking in the back. He could tell me how old they were and they were even older than I thought they were. I went ahead and got a price, picking around and the first price they gave me, I almost can't get out of the chair. He was giving me the top of the line. I said that it was not going to happen and I could not afford that much.

We ended up meeting somewhere in the middle and had the windows put in. They are double hung windows. Everybody that has walked into the house the first time said, “These windows are beautiful.” The windows are huge. I bought the house with my daughter and she has the colonial side of the house and her windows are 12/12. I wanted windows that were going to match hers so the whole house would blend in together. The windows are so big, it is like my living room is almost enclosed in glass. It is beautiful. I keep looking at the things and I was told to put a curtain on them. I'm like, " Why would I want to cover these windows?” I can look out at the nice woods and see the deer walking through my yard.

I was married to a contractor before and so I told the installer that I'm not a good person to work for because I know what they are doing. But he was fantastic. I said he had to cart one window and there was one window in the kitchen where they had to fill in molding which I ended up having to paint myself, but that was not a big deal. But it did not match up the window sills and he took a look at it and he ended up building with some of the primer wood he had. He had to put a sealant for me. I had to paint it, but it was awesome. I was also watching him cracking the window and I said, “You know, I gotta tell you, I have never seen anybody lay crack like you.”

A slider was put in the window in the kitchen. I had a crank out on there too and it was kind of a hard match to fill in. The installer was not supposed to put an edging around it to fill out the gap, but he did it without any help. He asked me, “What do you want me to do?” And I said, “I'm gonna have to put some molding in there.” He just shrugged it off and he said, “No problem.” He went in and put me a nice little window sill underneath it. That really was not part of the job, but he did it in half an hour. He was unbelievable and he did great work.

I highly recommend the subcontractor. He was an older guy, but he did great work. He was here a couple of days. One day he had to leave because he had a doctor’s appointment but it was not a problem. He made sure upfront that it was going to be okay. He actually came before Andersen said they were going to come. I was very happy with the whole thing. Also, I was glad to see my old, awful windows go.

One of my neighbors, every time I look, he’s doing something in his yard or he’s having somebody do something and he didn’t talk to me. But he came over to my daughter and he said that my windows are beautiful and it really makes the house looks so different. He really loves them and I'm very happy with it, too. I was initially worried about the expense and I know I was going to have to pay up a lot of costs, but they were worth every penny.

Renewal by Andersen response

Thanks for the great review, Martha! We love hearing stories and experiences from our customers, so thank you for taking the time to share! We are so happy that you are pleased with your new windows! We hope you enjoy for many years to come! Thanks again!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Renewal by Andersen?

Original review: May 15, 2019

A third of my windows arrived damaged. The manager from Andersen said they'd put the replacement windows on the fast track. I didn't hear anything from Andersen. After we were well passed the promised date I left a message with customer service (yes left a message because why would a CS team be available to speak with customers) my windows were magically ready for installation; unless an amazing coincidence it would seem the replacements were ready and no one was managing my project. A year later after starting a recent remodel project, my general contractor pointed out that Andersen installed a window in my shower using a wood frame; of course now warped and window needs to be reinstalled as a result. Since Andersen customer service doesn't answer phone calls, I decided to try emails. They don't answer those either.

Renewal by Andersen response

Good morning, John. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience. I'm reaching out to the team right away and will have someone give you a call at the number you provided. We're also going to find out what numbers and emails you were contacting so that we can figure out why you had such a tough time getting in touch with us.

Original review: May 15, 2019

They did such an amazing job. We cannot say enough positive things about the work that was completed, answering our questions during install and cleaning up. I am blow away by the measure taken to ensure the work space was confined to a certain area. Both gentlemen were friendly and professional. Hope we get the same work crew on our next window install in the future.

Original review: May 9, 2019

I have been involved in a 2 year battle with Renewal over a patio door they installed but do not fabricate (Provia). The door has never worked properly. Got a lot of lip service at first. Even called my salesman who wouldn’t call back! He already made his money. I have already. Mind you paid them approximately $10,000.00. The door blows open in the locked position and last month we found our dog was outside when we returned home and door was wide open! So of course I have been calling leaving messages and no response.

Well the other day I get notified I have been turned over to collections. So again for 2 days I keep calling and finally Scott calls back and tells me, “Pay your balance. We will take you out of collections and then fix the door!” Well that’s not how this is going to work Scott! First call to BBB, second call to the Consumer Reporter at News 8, third file paperwork with small claims court and fourth notify my insurance company what has transpired! I could go on with more but two quick things. I have pics and pics don’t lie and they will tell you they use their own people but that is not true. They use subcontractors!

Renewal by Andersen response

Hi Bailey, I've passed your feedback along to the team just now and they will be reaching out to you today. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Stay tuned.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: May 8, 2019

It started off with a pushy sales rep in our home who got us with the "save 20% by signing up NOW". We were impatient and agreed to have the 17 windows replaced for ~40,000$. Literally that night he leaves and I get the mail and there we have a flyer for the same 20% off that we could have used at any time in the next month and actually thought about our decision, but I guess that was our mistake.

4 months later two guys show up and begin to hammer out our old lead paint covered windows, taking minimal to no EPA-based lead precautions, starting with our 5 year old son's room, and with everyone in the house! My wife about had a heart attack. She asked "aren't you supposed to cover the windows first with plastic?" and the installer said "no we are taking them out from the outside, you don't need to do that" which is contrary to the EPA-based guidelines and the EPA pamphlet Andersen had provided us (as required by Federal law).

So, my wife says she is going to call the supervisor and suddenly the installer says, "Oh sure I will put down the plastic. You don't need to call him," but she calls the supervisor guy who spoke to the two installers and told them to take the proper EPA-based precautions. They then took some (put down plastic inside but didn't seal it over furniture. Just laid it, didn't remove any furniture, didn't have us leave the house/area, put some plastic down outside but still the yard is covered in lead paint chips, did seal the interior window with plastic but still took it down to vacuum from the inside, didn't wear plastic booties, etc. We witnessed this and called the supervisor again and he AGAIN had to call the installers and tell them to follow the protocol. We asked for the supervisor to come to the house and he said no he would come out tomorrow (all of this happened today)!

Overall, this has been a horrible experience. We are located in Swarthmore, PA if that helps you. We had a quote from Pella and apparently made the wrong choice. Not that I know if that they would have been any better, but I don't see how things could go much worse. I strongly advise against hiring Renewal by Andersen and want to stress you cannot trust the nearly exclusively positive reviews. I guess unfortunately we are the outlier. We feel taken advantage of and I want to protect other homeowners from these predatory and rather unsavory operators.

Renewal by Andersen response

Hi Philip, thank you for taking the time out of your day to let us know about your experience. I will be passing your feedback along to the team right away. Stay tuned...

Original review: May 6, 2019

I liked the way that Renewal By Andersen advertised their products and they had better windows than other retailers. So, I decided to purchase from them. My interaction with their rep was good and he thorough when he was talking. Also, the installation was done pretty quickly and I was really surprised with that. The installers finished it in two days and they did a great job. The cost of the windows was a little spendy, but to me, it was worth it because I really like these windows. They are sturdy and they keep a lot of the outside noise out. Overall, there was nothing I didn’t like about my experience and I would tell others that Renewal By Andersen is great.

Renewal by Andersen response

Hi Jerry! Thanks for the kind words, and for taking the time to write a review. We strive to provide a distinctive experience from start to finish on every job. We're glad you trusted us with your project, and are happy that YOU are happy with the results!

Original review: May 5, 2019

Renewal by Andersen put in one big window for us. Their reps were great. They told us what they were gonna do, and did it. The installation process didn’t take very long and the team was very, very good. I love the window. They seem really nice and there's no leaking or air coming through.

Renewal by Andersen response

Thank you for your wonderful feedback! We strive to provide our customers the highest quality product and experience, and we're glad to hear you're satisfied.

Original review: May 3, 2019

We were so glad we hired Renewal by Andersen for our window replacements. The windows are beautiful! The team did a great job of installation and finishing. I appreciated how quiet they worked and cleaned up as they installed each window. I love these windows!

Renewal by Andersen response

Patricia, every member of the Renewal by Andersen team believes EVERY home matters, and we strive to treat each customer's home like our own. We're glad you're happy with the service and the product!

Original review: May 3, 2019

Renewal by Andersen was recommended several times to me and a representative came out and went through everything with me. We discussed the window and there was one other door that I was going to have replaced. She explained how I could save some cost by doing the finishing work myself with a new wood trim instead of hiring somebody else or having their people come in and stain it. She was upfront about the pricing.

I got two new patio doors and a custom window. I was told approximately when the windows would go in, because they had to be custom made. Their people came and the guys were fine. The crew came early in the morning, so they waited very patiently. I went to work and they called and let me know that the job was done. I came home and everything was done to my satisfaction. After they left, the guy said he wanted to come back at 3:30 and go over some stuff with me but he didn’t. It didn’t bother me though because everything was fine.

Renewal by Andersen response

Meridith, every member of the Renewal by Andersen team believes EVERY home matters, and we strive to treat each customer's home like our own. We're glad you're happy with the service and the product!

Original review: May 2, 2019

I’ve had the pleasure of starting this process with Keith **. He was professional, knowledgeable and gave me so much useful information about the product. I then met with Martin **, who was also professional and knowledgeable. He took the extra time to make sure he had every last detail of the 43 windows, 3 doors and 2 storm doors. We are so excited for installation day. Exceptional service.

Renewal by Andersen response

Thanks for taking a few minutes to leave us a review, Shannon! We will be sure to share your comments with the team...nothing like a happy customer leaving good feedback to say Happy Friday!

Original review: May 2, 2019

We had four double-hung windows replaced from the top floor with Renewal by Andersen products. The representatives from Renewal made the processing experience comfortable. They were very polite and answered all our questions. They have the products that we were looking for and had samples of everything I wanted to see. They were able to advise us on the decisions we were trying to make about removable pieces versus permanent, and the different materials used. I wanted to be able to compare and visually see in person at our home before we made our decision and that was helpful. The installation went well and it was completed within the time frame. The quality of the windows is excellent. Renewal by Andersen is expensive compared to other products but if someone is looking for something similar with what we got, I'd recommend them.

Original review: May 1, 2019

I had windows installed about 11 years ago but I didn’t stain them. They got damaged so I had to replace them. I liked the quality of the windows from Renewal by Andersen. A really nice rep came to the house and tried to get me the best deal she could because she knew I was a redo. I appreciate all she did for me. I replaced six windows instead of the original five because Renewal had a deal where when you get one, you can get the second for 400 off. The installers were nice guys and were very good. They were clean and respectful of my property. Even though I told them not to worry about the floor since it was a mess, they still put their tarps down. It took a little over half a day for the job to be done and I appreciate the work they did. I’m gonna do the staining of the windows this weekend.

Renewal by Andersen response

Brenda! Thanks for the kind words, and for taking the time to write a review. We strive to provide a distinctive experience from start to finish on every job. We're glad you trusted us with your project, and are happy that YOU are happy with the results!

Original review: April 30, 2019

We chose Renewal by Andersen over other window retailers due to their brand image and recognition here locally in Minnesota. We had them replace the sliding door. They gave us a timeline on how long that would take and they matched that timeline. So, it was two months from placing order until we got the door. The representatives were very professional and answered all our questions.

It was a one-day installation. I was a little disappointed that the first installation wasn’t going smoothly. The installer should have raised his hand at that point, but he didn’t. Then we saw a commercial and we realized that our door wasn’t opening that smoothly. When they came back out to check the door, they didn't argue but quickly said that they would get it fixed. So, they followed up nicely. They came back and replaced one of the doors which wasn’t sliding smoothly, then they also provided free staining for the whole door. The cost is middle-of-the-road. It’s a little higher than others, but you pay for what you get in the quality. If I need a window or another sliding door to be replaced, I would select and use Renewal by Andersen again.

Renewal by Andersen response

Hi, David...We strive to provide homeowners with the best all-around experience, and I'm so happy you're pleased with the product, the installation, and the service afterward! Thank you for taking time to write a review!

Original review: April 29, 2019

We ordered 6 double-hung windows and 2 sliding door windows. Everything was done as promised. First the rep came out and looked at everything we needed done, made measurements, and wrote up the order. Then an installation supervisor arrived and re-measured and tagged the windows. Finally, the installation crew came out and finished in an hour less than we'd been told. Everyone was friendly, personable, and professional. They represented the company well. We are impressed with the work ethic and quality of work and the materials. No surprises! Down the line, we'll replace a few more double-hung windows and will hire Renewal by Andersen to do the work.

Renewal by Andersen response

Hi Marianne! Thanks for the kind words, and for taking the time to write a review. We strive to provide a distinctive experience from start to finish on every job. We're glad you trusted us with your project, and are happy that YOU are happy with the results! We look forward to working with you again in the future!

Original review: April 29, 2019

Renewal by Andersen is a little bit more expensive but one of the best companies 'cause what they do is they come out, measure, make the windows and put them in. They don’t have all these subcontractors coming and going. In other words, they start right at the beginning of the job to the very end. Their rep was very professional and knew his stuff. He seemed really concerned to make sure everything was done right and then got back to me a couple of times to make sure everything was A-Okay.

I got two triple glazed slider windows in the bedroom, a patio door and then the living room window had to be custom-made because it was an oblong shape and was almost from floor to ceiling. They wanted to do it in February but here in the Midwest, we have a polar vortex which brings really cold weather with a lot of snow in February. So I said no and they waited until after it was warmer. Luckily, the weather cooperated when the installers came out. They did the two upstairs in the bedrooms in one day. Then they came back and did the other lower level the next day. They were here pretty much for a full eight-hour day and did an excellent job. Renewal by Andersen was well worth it and I would recommend them. They knew exactly what they were doing and the quality was excellent.

Renewal by Andersen response

Richard, every member of the Renewal by Andersen team believes EVERY home matters, and we strive to treat each customer's home like our own. We're glad you're happy with the service and the product!

Original review: April 28, 2019

We have been getting our house done and we spend around $10,000 each time. This is the third time we purchased from Andersen windows so we're obviously happy with them. We purchased some sliders as well as double hung windows and while the quality of the windows are good, I thought I was getting a deal. I thought it was gonna be $10,000 but when I saw the invoice, it said $12K. Other than that, the installation went great and Melissa did a great job. Andersen has a reputation for being pricey but you get what you pay for.

Renewal by Andersen response

Thanks, Ralph, for taking the time to write a review--and thank you for the positive words! We incorporate all of our feedback into our training and processes so we can provide that signature level of service Renewal by Andersen is known for. Windows are a big investment, and we believe important home improvement projects have to be of high quality, at ALL stages of the process. We strive to give our customers peace of mind knowing that they will get a product that lasts and a company that stands behind it. Thanks again for your review!

Original review: April 27, 2019

We saw an ad for Renewal by Andersen in one of those flyers that come out weekly. We needed to get our windows done, and they seemed like a good thing. I called them and they had a good warranty. They were also local. In addition to that, the reps I worked with were awesome. They were friendly and professional. We ended up getting a custom-built window and two smaller windows for our attic which is on a 1908 home. When the installers were here, they took care of everything outside. I liked it because I work from home and I didn't even notice the installation. We were downstairs and they were in the attic so it didn't change my daily life. The windows are fantastic.

Renewal by Andersen response

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review! We strive to meet--and exceed--our customers' expectations on every job, large or small, and we're glad that you had an excellent experience.

Original review: April 26, 2019

Just had our sliding door replaced, can’t say enough about the experience we had with Renewal by Anderson. I’ll start with the sales rep Jeff, he gave a complete power point presentation, that would impress the most skeptical out there! He demonstrated how the U.V. glass repels heat, and how smooth the Anderson double rollers work, and the quality of the Anderson line, he really knows his product.

The installers did a great job, they completed the removal & installed the new slider in just under 3 hours, did a great job on the out side caulking and complete cleanup, but I had one little problem, the style of the handles on the slider prevents the door from being opened to its max, you lose about 2 1/2 “because of the D shape. Looks Great but I wanted the extra couple inches so I contacted my sales rep Jeff, explained what I needed and he got right on it, called me back after talking with the manufacturer and came up with a couple of options to replace the outside handle and give us the extra 2 1/2”. I really appreciate the extra effort Jeff went to.

Renewal by Andersen response

Hi Holton! Thanks for the kind words, and for taking the time to write a review. We strive to provide a distinctive experience from start to finish on every job. We're glad you trusted us with your project, and are happy that YOU are happy with the results!

Original review: April 26, 2019

We've researched many different brand and companies to replace our patio door and what strikes me the most is when you call Renewal by Andersen, they refuse to give any prices even approximately on how much the patio door would cost, even after I provided rough opening measurements and asked for just rough numbers, just to have an idea about a range.

No wonder that they wouldn't give any information over the phone because now, that I see people's reviews and how much this company charges, it's insane! So after I called them twice and both times asked for an estimate over the phone just so I would see if their prices worth my time to schedule an in home consultation with them, they both times refused to give me any information whatsoever over the phone. So I moved on! And so I recommend you to go to your local Menard's or Home Depot, or Lowe's and get it arranged there. That's what I'll do - it will be cost efficient and still with a good quality.

Renewal by Andersen response

Hi Kateryna, thanks for taking a minute to reach out about your experience with us. It's very likely that when you called, you spoke to our scheduling department. They do not have pricing information. And because our windows and patio doors are custom crafted to fit the exact measurements of each opening, we offer many different window styles, and there are so many features to choose from, you'll need to set up a free in-home consultation with one of our design consultants in order to get pricing specific to your project. During your consultation, you'll have the opportunity to learn more, ask questions, have your windows measured, and learn about special offers and financing in your area. After your initial consultation, they'll leave you with accurate window or patio door pricing good up to one year. Windows and patio doors are a big investment, and we want you to make the most informed choice available. Having said that, I am sorry for your experience and for the inconvenience this cased. I'll be forwarding your feedback along to the team in your area and want you to know we'll use your comments to better our processes. Thanks again for reaching out. Whoever you decide to go with, we wish you the best of luck with your home improvement project. Enjoy your weekend.

Original review: April 26, 2019

Renewal by Andersen did a patio door which went great from start to finish. It took six weeks to get the patio door, and then they were here for three hours. They were very professional and they did a good job. Everything turned out good. The cost is high, but hopefully we have a good quality product.

Renewal by Andersen response

Thanks, Rita, for taking the time to write a review--and thank you for the positive words! We incorporate all of our feedback into our training and processes so we can provide that signature level of service Renewal by Andersen is known for. Windows are a big investment, and we believe important home improvement projects have to be of high quality, at ALL stages of the process. We strive to give our customers peace of mind knowing that they will get a product that lasts and a company that stands behind it. Thanks again for your review!

Original review: April 25, 2019

I had Renewal by Andersen replaced 12 windows in our home. The maintenance started getting too much because my home is getting old. Renewal was able to give me a timeline on how long everything would take, and the job was completed in that timeline. I had simple and easy interactions with the reps and the installation team. They were straightforward, easy to work with and polite.

Renewal by Andersen response

Jeffrey, thank you for taking the time to leave feedback. Reviews like these make everyone's day. We're glad to hear you're satisfied!

Original review: April 25, 2019

I got into Rural King in Washington, PA and I did some pool shopping. There was a lady there that had a stand set up and she was doing some advertising for Renewal by Andersen. We happened to be looking into getting doors and windows at the time and I got the brochure off of her, then we made an appointment. We had five windows installed as well as three doors and two of them were modifications. They had to custom-make one of the doors that we got, so that took a little bit longer, but I’m not complaining. I’m extremely happy with it. We also had a great experience with Renewal's reps.. The salesman, Jesus, would check in on us and he’d give us constant updates. And the project manager was very friendly and he checked up on us as well.

There were two separate installations but the installers did everything except for the one door that was on backorder. There were six people and at first, they had it done in one day for the first round of work. You couldn’t even tell they were here. They were very clean and professional. The craftsmanship was also very good. I'm in construction myself and I can tell when I get a quality product. So far, we noticed a reduction in the draft from the doorways and we have a slight ant problem here but the ants can't get in anymore. So, that’s also a good thing. Renewal's reps did a good work and there's not one complaint I can find about them. When we get the funds for the next round, we'll be calling them again.

Renewal by Andersen response

Thanks for taking a few minutes to leave us a review, Aaron! We will be sure to share your comments with the team...nothing like a happy customer leaving good feedback to start the week!

Original review: April 24, 2019

I had two other windows installed towards the back of my house and we liked them so well. Andersen did some other windows long time ago and I decided I would like to stay with them. Last year, I had a fellow come out for an estimate. But at the time, the cost seemed rather high, and he apparently saved all my information because when I had called him back, not only did they do the five windows upstairs, but the two that they were gonna do last year. He was really appreciative that I called him back. We got five windows on my third floor and two on the first floor.

Renewal by Andersen gave me a specific date and they were here on that day even though it was a little bit chilly. The installation team was very good including the man that was in charge. He came in, explained what they were gonna do in each room, put all the material on the floor, covered the furniture even plastic up the stairs, took everything away, cleaned up extremely well. Everything was done by 3:00 in the afternoon. I like my new windows. I don’t like that I have to sand them down and finish them, but that’s no problem as soon as the weather breaks.

Renewal by Andersen response

Thanks for taking a moment to leave a review, Karl! We take pride in providing the very best customer experience at all stages of the process, from sales, to installation, to service. We're happy YOU are happy, and will share your kind words with the entire team! Thanks!!

Original review: April 23, 2019

I liked the look and the guarantee of Andersen window. Also the salespersons were very professional and I was happy with them. They did their job in a timely fashion and completed it on time and left no trace when they were gone. They cleaned everything up really nice. They gave me a timeline of three to four weeks after the final measurement for the windows to be installed and they met every one of my expectations. They took the old windows out, got rid of them and had the new ones installed by the time I got home from work. They're beautiful garage windows. They're in the front of my house so they really add to the eye of what they look like. I got the windows for the curb appeal but they are also good quality. I was very satisfied.

Renewal by Andersen response

Thank you, Thomas, for your wonderful feedback! We strive to provide our customers the highest quality product and experience, and we're glad to hear you're satisfied.

Original review: April 23, 2019

I liked what Andersen had to say. I like their product and I like the vertical integration. And from start to finish, you go to them if there’s any issue. You also don’t have multiple contractors that you’re working with and I like that aspect of it. Plus, they build windows from custom measurements and they installed them. And if there’s any problem with the hardware and materials, I have confidence that Andersen will make it right. So, I went and purchased nine large windows from them. I spoke with Sean who came out and sold me the package. Then there was part of the installation crew that came out and did the final measurements. They were the actual installation crews themselves and they were excellent. I had a very good interaction with all of them.

They installed everything within one day but when one of the bay windows in the upstairs bathroom was removed, it was noted that due to the failure of the old window, the window frame and headers had experienced rot. So that window could not be installed until I contacted a stucco contractor to take down all the stucco sheathing and the frame after removing all the rotted wood. Once that was done, a new team came back and installed the final bay windows in the bathroom.

The second crew did an outstanding job. It was a very difficult installation and it was cold. There was snow all over the place. And Tom, the lead carpenter, took the time that it took to get the window leveled and to get the window installed properly. He did a great job. Renewal by Andersen was also very good in terms of rescheduling and coordinating with the other contractors. So, that all went very well. The windows cost a lot of money but time will tell if their quality is good and I’m really hoping that they hold up well.

Renewal by Andersen response

Hi Mark! Thanks for the kind words, and for taking the time to write a review. We strive to provide a distinctive experience from start to finish on every job. We're glad you trusted us with your project, and are happy that YOU are happy with the results!

Original review: April 22, 2019

I got all new windows and two patio doors from Renewal by Andersen. I was impressed by the quality of the products and with the people there. The people who came to do the installation were good and it took them three days to do everything. While the finished result was expensive, I got what I paid for. Everything was good in my experience with Renewal by Andersen.

Renewal by Andersen response

Great to hear! We are so pleasThis is great to hear, George! Thanks for taking the time to share!ed that you had a great experience with our team! Thanks for sharing, Kevin!

Renewal by Andersen expert review by Joseph Truini

With locations across the United States, Renewal by Andersen, a division of Anderson Corporation, offers start-to-finish window and door replacement with a focus on energy efficiency.

• Windows: Renewal by Andersen offers a variety of window styles including picture, sliding, awning, casement and bay. The company also offers 15 different styles of specialty windows with custom options.

• Patio doors: Renewal by Andersen has several styles of patio doors to choose from including hinged French patio doors and sliding doors. The company offers free consultation with a representative.

• Product visualizer: Renewal by Andersen’s product visualizer takes a picture of your home and superimposes a custom window over it, allowing you to see how a new window would look before you purchase.

• Mobile app: The company’s mobile app generates a 3D model of your home based on pictures you upload. You can then visualize different styles of windows all around your home.

• Best for: homeowners who need to replace windows or patio doors in their home.

Profile picture of Joseph Truini
Joseph Truini Home Improvement Contributing Editor

Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.

Renewal by Andersen Company Information