4.3/5 (305 ratings)
Shop Now
Call Now Toll Free

About Renewal by Andersen

Renewal by Andersen is a full-service manufacturer and installer of replacement windows and doors. Windows are custom-built, professionally installed and backed by a strong warranty. The company offers free in-home consultations to go over your needs and design options. Renewal by Andersen is located in more than 100 U.S. markets and has installed nearly 3 million windows.

Pros

• Customized orders
    • Free in-home consultation
    • Warranty covers installation
    • Financing available

Cons

• Three to seven weeks to manufacture
    • Can be expensive

Bottom Line

Renewal by Andersen offers long-lasting replacement windows with a strong warranty and excellent customer reviews. It has a variety of styles and custom sizes available. Schedule a free consultation for more information.

Top Renewal by Andersen Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

The installers from Renewal by Andersen were nice people and it was great dealing with them. ... The double-hung windows appear to be functioning as designed. They look nice and t...

Verified

We had them once before to change a slider in our family room and we were so impressed with the work that when we decided to have other work done, we called them again. We had a w...

What is Renewal by Andersen?

Renewal by Andersen is Andersen Corporation’s full-service replacement window division. The company assists homeowners through every step of the process, from helping choose windows to installing them.

To get started with Renewal by Andersen, schedule an in-person or virtual consultation with a sales representative to learn more about your options. Its representatives help you choose the best material, style and color for your home and provide pricing options.

Once you’ve selected your windows, the company measures sizes and manufactures your new windows. The new windows are installed by a team of professional technicians. Once the windows are installed, they’re protected by a transferable 20-year warranty on glass and Fibrex materials, a two-year warranty on the installation and a 10-year warranty on hinges, locks and other components.

Renewal by Andersen products and features

Renewal By Andersen provides custom replacement windows and expert installation. Windows are made from Fibrex material, which is durable and allows for narrower frames and more energy-efficient glass. Customers can choose from different colors, grille patterns and hardware finishes.

Renewal by Andersen’s products include:

• Double-hung windows
    • Casement windows
    • Bay and bow windows
    • Picture windows
    • Sliding windows
    • Specialty windows
    • Awning windows

It sells double-hung windows in several styles, including with larger upper or lower sashes. Bay and bow windows have four, five or six windows, with the option to add a window seat.

Renewal by Andersen offers a range of energy-efficient glass options to prevent heating and cooling loss and block up to 95% of UV rays. Insect screens are included on every operable window. The company also offers a range of grille patterns to enhance the look and style of the home or match the existing architecture. Grille materials include aluminum and hardwood.

Renewal by Andersen installation services

The purchase of Renewal by Andersen windows includes professional installation. After the windows are manufactured, a crew of Certified Master Installers will install them. First the old windows are removed, and the framing is inspected for damage. The opening is cleaned and prepared, and the installers install the window. Then the frame is insulated and sealed. Finally, the trim is replaced, and the installers perform a final inspection.

Installation includes cleanup of the area disposal of the old windows. Installers will walk you through a product demonstration, share cleaning and maintenance tips and answer any questions. Renewal by Andersen includes a two-year warranty on installation.

Renewal by Andersen cost

The cost of your replacement windows or door varies based on size, style and customization options. The only way to receive accurate pricing for its windows is through a consultation.

The company runs promotions on its website frequently. Typically, if you purchase more than one product, such as multiple windows, you receive a discount.

Its financing options include deferred payments, monthly payments and lines of credit up to $55,000.

Renewal by Andersen FAQ

Is Renewal by Andersen expensive?
    Compared with other manufacturers and installers, Renewal by Andersen trends on the higher side. However, it’s known to make higher-quality windows and offer a more comprehensive warranty.
    What is the difference between Andersen Windows and Renewal by Andersen?
    Andersen Windows offers doors and windows for sale at hardware stores and independent dealers. Renewal by Andersen is a full-service division of the same company that manufactures and installs replacement windows.
    How long do Renewal by Andersen windows last?
    Windows installed by Renewal by Andersen are protected by a 20-year warranty on glass and Fibrex material and a 10-year warranty on other components. Its windows often last longer than the warranty terms.
    How long does it take to get Renewal by Andersen windows?
    Depending on the season, it may take three to seven weeks for your windows to be manufactured. The installation is typically completed within a day.
    What is the warranty on Renewal by Andersen windows?
    Renewal by Andersen windows come with a 20-year limited warranty on the glass and Fibrex material, including the frame, sash and exterior grilles. Other components, such as locks and hinges, are covered for up to 10 years. Installation is covered for two years.

Is Renewal by Andersen worth it?

Renewal by Andersen is an excellent company for those looking for high-quality, durable replacement windows. Its windows typically cost more than competitors’ products, so the company is a good choice for those who prioritize quality over cost. It’s a full-service company, so purchasing the windows and scheduling installation is easy and efficient. Renewal by Andersen backs its products and installation with an extensive warranty that protects your investment.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Renewal by Andersen?

Original review: June 5, 2022

My experience with Renewal by Andersen started with Deborah. She was the representative that came to the home, explained how everything worked, took some pre-measurements, and talked about finances. She was real thorough, and the visit was an hour and a half. She was a very pleasant lady, and I would buy anything from her. The greatest part was, after the job was finished, she came back to inspect it, see if we were satisfied 100% and made us really feel at home. It was a really great experience.

Jose and his team of installers were awesome too. We moved almost everything we had to move, and they only had to move one thing away from the window. They were very timely as well as respectful of the home, keeping the house clean and putting tarps everywhere. We discussed about starting downstairs first, then doing the upstairs second and they were good with that. They got it done in two days and cleaned up everything really good. They were very good guys, and I trusted them. The windows are awesome, and I’ve got a lot of positive feedback for them. Compared to what we had, the noise level has just disappeared and it seems like the cooling system is staying cool longer inside the house than before.

I’ve had several people asking about Renewal by Andersen. I tell them, “Hey, call them. It's well worth it.” I’ve had people look at the windows, because unfortunately, we had to trim back a tree in the front of the house that got hurt with the freeze. It exposed the house a lot more and people are seeing the upstairs windows, how nice they look, and the downstairs windows. They’ve been asking, “Who did your job?” I told them. Deborah left some cards around, but everybody’s got something they’re gonna do around the house for the summer. With everybody’s finances, everybody's planning a year out of what they’re gonna invest in in their home. We started planning this last year and it finally got done.

Three months ago, before the install, I got a $10 Subway gift card to let me know that, “We’re still in the process. We know it’s taking long.” It was just to say, “Hey, thanks for being so patient. Everything’s still going on.” However, they told us from the very beginning it would be months before we would get in the install. Knowing that, we were fine. We knew we were taken care of, and we knew it was gonna happen.

Get buying tips about Windows and Doors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 7, 2022

The Renewal by Andersen salesman came and went through the demonstration with us. We looked at the heat resistance. They did the setup and did the demonstrations, the composite window versus all the other things. The composite really caught my eye because of the climate where we live. We have an extreme cold in the winter and fairly hot in the summer. The resistance of the composite window, not cracking, not fading, was a selling point. Then, the windows where they don't transfer the heat, they came and put them in. It was an all-in-one package was another thing that seemed good. We have a wood finish in our house where they put the windows. I knew that we would have to seal the trim, but I figured that the wood-clad surface facing inside would have been sealed. But I ended up having to do that.

When the installer came to put them in, as he was unpacking them, he noticed that each window had a little bitty chip in the wood's finish. He said they go down a big roller, and he thought somewhere on one of those rollers there's the same thing catching every little window. We called them and there was a debate on whether we would install them or order new windows. When you order, it's three months out, at least. We received a cost deduction. They made compensation for that over the phone. We took pictures of them and sent them back to the manager that we were dealing with and I was very happy with that.

They're not cheap windows. Probably one of the most expensive windows that you can buy. But the rep was honest and he went through the whole process. We also didn't do a thing other than move the furniture and they helped us move furniture when they got there too. They also cleaned up their mess and they took all the old windows.

Original review: March 6, 2022

My house is 100 years old and I was having 11 vinyl replacement windows upstairs replaced as they were fogging/drafty/hard to open and close. At first I had a bit of buyer's regret as I waited for the windows to arrive because of the sticker shock, but once they were actually installed all of that evaporated. The installation team did an amazing job, they let me know that the previous replacement windows were installed without removing the original 100 year old counter weights and no insulation had been put in the channel. No wonder my windows were so drafty before! They were so badly installed before that they were leaking air from around the window itself!

Everything was kept very clean and they were lightning fast. You might think going super fast meant they were rushing/not taking care but that is the opposite of how I felt they did the job. They took the time to explain what they found and how they were fixing things which made me feel they were doing things thoughtfully and with purpose, even with their speed. This was not just a, "let's get this job over with and move on to the next job" attitude. Beyond the installation, they also took the time to think about the aesthetics of my windows, both with the exterior aluminum wrap and the interior.

They installed additional trim pieces on the interior to cover/fill the gap that the previous install hadn't bothered to do, and now my windows look much more seamless and clean in their interface with the casing. Exterior wise they made sure that the wrap style matched the other existing windows that were not being replaced as the front wrap and sides had different styles. Crew was very polite, very accommodating and very professional. I am very happy with how my windows turned out and I'm sure my heating bill will be happier now too!

Original review: Aug. 3, 2021

I saw a TV commercial where Renewal by Andersen was offering discounts. That prompted me to call because at the time, my wife and I were in the market to get a new door. We purchased a front door and a sliding glass patio door. The salesperson was excellent. We were convinced to do Renewal by Andersen because he was very straightforward and offered tons of options. The professionalism showed by the salesperson was unmatched by the competition. The timeline was reasonable and expected and industry standard. We understood that they don't carry those in inventory necessarily.

When they give you the quote, they assume it's a custom job. After the sale, the project manager came in to see if they could make it fit a standard door. He did the detailed measurements of the door. We were able to save some money because he was able to confirm that the door could fit into a standard setting. It didn't have to be customized. They explained that they do it that way so as not to shock the customer. The hand-off from the project manager to the team wasn't perfect, but the gentleman who was kind of the lead on the install team was excellent. It rained really bad that day but they were completely prepared.

The installation was subcontracted out but I was very impressed with the team. The were stellar. They knew what they needed to get done. The only negative was the scheduling of the job. They called and told us the installation would happen on a Thursday. We said, "No. We were told we'd be able to pick a date." We worked it out and the flexibility to do it on Saturday was key for us because we wouldn't have been able to work in the house if we did it during the week.

The other advantage to that crew was that they realized that they were ahead of schedule and that they were going to be able to do the first coating of the stain. They were able to call their painter. He was going to come on Monday to start the painting job but he was able to start it on Saturday. He matched it perfectly to our family room. We're very happy both with the quality and the installation. Renewal by Andersen delivered. We'll certainly look at them if we ever get to the point to replace any of our windows.

Renewal by Andersen response

Hey John! Thank you so much for your feedback we appreciate it. It was great working with you on this project and we do apologize for any hiccups that occurred along the way, thank you for trusting our team to work through them with you. Please don't hesitate to reach out in the future.

Original review: July 18, 2021

I had Pella windows before, but they were leaking after 15 years, so I was not thrilled with them. I decided on Renewal by Andersen when the lady came and talked to me about the 20-year guarantee. To get a 20-year guarantee of anything nowadays is unheard of. I got 13 double-hung windows and one slider door. There were at least five people who came out for the installation, and they were very attentive to me. Any questions that I had, they were able to answer. They told me the job would be done in a day, and it was. They also took all the old windows out with them. However, they put in the incorrect door in the slider. I've been working with a gentleman named Tom, and he said someone will come out and replace it, so I'm waiting for the new door to come in.

Shop around a little more than I did to see if there's something just as good. Renewal by Andersen was a lot more expensive than I thought it was going to be, and we'll see in the next five years if it was worth the expense. Right now, I can definitely feel the difference in the temperature of the house. I have my thermostat between 73 and 75. Sometimes, I go all the way up to 76 because I get cold, and it doesn't seem like the hot air is coming in. I sit in the study where the afternoon sun is directly hitting me and I don't get as warm as I used to. Truly, I used to think that I was having a heart attack because it was so hot in here when the sun came in. That's not true anymore because of the guards that they have in the windows. I'm very pleased with it.

Renewal by Andersen response

Hi Jennifer! Thank you for taking the time to leave us this feedback it is great to hear you are noticing a difference in the temperature of your home! We apologize for the inconvenience in regards to your slider and we hope the replacement meets your needs! We appreciate your trust in our team!

Original review: June 14, 2022

My new windows are fabulous. The installation crew was top notch! They were pros that showed up on time and got right to work. They cleaned up as they went room to room to ensure there would be no open holes in case something went amiss. The end result was all my windows got replaced in one day and I couldn't be happier.

Original review: June 14, 2022

Andersen’s done a good job on the replacement windows that I have. There's a couple of minor problems that I need somebody to come back and take a look at. There's a handle missing on the bottom part of one of the three windows that I just had installed. Then, there's a little plastic piece that fell off on one of the inserts on another window. Other than those, the windows look beautiful and are working fine. It's been a terrific experience, and I'll continue along with Andersen for the foreseeable future.

Original review: June 6, 2022

I have been burned by too many contractors to mention. I saw a rep soliciting people as they walked into the local hardware store [red flag 1] I quickly darted to the right. Then I overheard him say "windows and doors", I had a need and because I trust this particular local hardware store I thought I'd give them a shot. I explained that I had water coming into the house and the soonest they could get me booked for an appointment other than <24 hours was 2+ weeks [red flag 2]. I finished my shopping and in that time an appointment freed up [red flag 3]. I took the appointment.

The rep was on time, personable, seemed knowledgeable although there were a few questions that couldn't be answered and definitely a lot of "we are the best" and subsequent promises made [red flag 4]. The price was astronomical! 3 24 inch octagon windows in unfinished attic space was retail $9k but after "discounts" including a "if you sign today" discount, still $6k [red flag 5]. 2 of the windows are on a third floor and out of reach of any ladder I own and, ya know...COVID...and inflation and labor is hard to find and 3rd floor and water coming in...and we are the best, our own crews, experienced, warranties out the wazoo and you don't have to worry about a thing. It all sounded too good to be true [red flag 6].

I signed the contract and scheduled the "1/8th inch precision measure of each and every window" which was to include an evaluation of any water damage with the full disclosure that if there was structural damage that I would have to remediate that before they could proceed but they'll let me know during the measure so we avoid surprises at install time. I showed them the attic access points, pictures were taken, I made doubly sure that they had all the information they needed and to be sure that there would be no shenanigans day of, was reassured "Don't worry, we're professionals. We got it from here". I really, really wanted to believe that and if I didn't like how things went with the measure I could cancel (up to 3 days from signing the contract, measure was scheduled on that 3rd day).

I didn't like the way things went with the measure. The measure tech, nice guy, showed up without a ladder. He looked at the same attic I looked at with the rep and said "even if I did have a ladder I can't put it on this unfinished attic floor where I need to measure these windows" and after several calls to management concluded "I'll just measure this one we can get to and order 3 of those and by the way, you're going to need to finish that attic floor before we come back out". I lost count of the red flags at this point and cancelled the project. I called the sales rep directly and he seemed genuinely shocked and disappointed. He wanted to "make it right" but right would have been the measure tech knowing exactly what he was getting into and what was expected of him and showing up with a ladder. That time had passed and I had only a matter of hours at this point to heed the red flags and back out, so I did.

I am sure it is a quality product but the only way I could justify that price was with not having to deal with miscommunication between sales and techs, not having measure techs show up unprepared, not having managers saying "just measure one and order 3", not being in the middle of sales and techs and managers and having to advocate for myself to get the high level of service I was paying for. Long story short, brace yourself for the price and temper your expectations on the experience.

Renewal by Andersen response

Hi Christopher, thanks for taking the time out of your day to let us know, in great detail, about your experience with the team in your area. We're sorry to hear you chose to go a different route, but we're grateful for the feedback and will make sure it gets passed along to the appropriate team. We wish you the best of luck with your project, Christopher. Have a great rest of your week.

Original review: June 4, 2022

Renewal by Andersen said the installers would be here at 10:00, but there was some confusion about unloading their truck and they came at noon. That was fine because they were so efficient and they got everything done, covered everything inside the house, and were very good about keeping everything organized. They did all the caulking, while my daughter did the interior painting. I had to paint the grids to match the rest of my woodwork, and I knew that would be necessary. The installers did everything I wanted, left things in good shape, and the window fits perfectly. It was beautiful. I'm very pleased with my window, except for one tiny detail. There were two missing trim pieces in the box and they said they would order them and bring them here, but they haven't yet. I'm still waiting for that and it's been 10 days.

Original review: June 3, 2022

Working with Renewal by Andersen was pretty easy. Their rep came out and showed us the windows. We replaced all of the windows. Renewal's part was pretty painless. The installers were really nice. I like them. They were really professional. They came in, did the whole house in one day, and cleaned up everything.

Renewal by Andersen Company Information