Call toll free
3.83/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Renewal by Andersen is the full-service window-replacement division of 114-year-old Andersen Corporation, the owner of the most trusted family of window brands in America.

Renewal was founded with a mission to redefine the industry and to offer a different—and better—window-replacement experience.

Renewal by Andersen’s Signature Service is committed to giving you the best customer experience possible, through the perfect combination of the best people in the industry, a superior process, and an exclusive product.

Renewal by Andersen Video
A+BBB Rating
"Outstanding Customer Satisfaction with Windows and Patio Doors" J.D. Power
View More View More

492 Renewal by Andersen Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: March 19, 2019

I had wanted to replace my patio door for several years but hadn't gotten around to doing so, so it was convenient for me to have a young man from Renewal by Andersen knock on my door and ask if I was in the market for windows/doors. All the windows and patio doors in my 34 year old home are Andersen and we haven't had any problems at all (except for the patio door we replaced) so I let him sign us up for an estimate.

The following day we received a phone call to schedule an appointment for the estimate. We were told the estimate/demonstration would take approximately 90 minutes (which it did), and that we both needed to be present (which we were). On the day of the appointment, the salesperson arrived on time. He was good at his job and the demonstration was very thorough. I never really gave much thought to windows and doors so I was happy to learn so much about the product, the installation, the warranty, etc.

The patio door we purchased was a standard 2 panel active/stationary door and our final cost was $4800. Six weeks later it was installed. The installation took approximately 4 hours. We had no issues at all from start to finish. Every employee we dealt with was considerate and knowledgeable about their job. The door turned out great, and I’m hoping to get another 34 (or more) years out of it.

Get expert buying tips about Windows and Doors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 16, 2019

We had two other companies come and give us quotes and the process was very straightforward. The sales person came to our house, measured our windows, and give us a quote. It's a Friday night and we just sat through a Renewal by Andersen sales pitch that honestly lasted over three hours. The first clue that this was going to be a waste of time was the fact that we had to ensure both my wife and I were both here for the presentation. Annoying but okay.

After measuring the windows we asked for the price. Nope. We had to watch the presentation. The kind of cheesy presentation that often accompanies the sales pitch for a timeshare. We had to endure a sales pitch, then presentation of literature. Then a video. We asked for the price. We were told that was next. Nope. Had to hear the sales pitch about why Andersen renewal windows are the best and everything else is garbage. So now time for the price. Nope. Another video. Then a presentation with an actual window he brought it. Look how it opens. Look how it closes. Then guess what, another video.

Then finally at around 10:30 at night (mind you he arrived at 7:30), the price. First it was almost 50 grand. But there were coupons and deals. However the best deal was a special unadvertised one-time only pricing, but we have to sign the contract now. The price was 36k. Now this was about 12 grand more than the other 2 offers we already received. Now I know every company and every window is different. Maybe we were willing to spend the extra cash for a better product.

We told the sales person we needed time to discuss this (plus we were getting one more quote this weekend). Again we were met with the strong sales tactic that this is a once in a lifetime only deal. He then pulled out a letter from the CEO stating this. We said for that much money we need time to think over. Well we were told if we don't sign a contract tonight, they will never honor the price again saying it's company policy. We were told it isn't fair to the other customers if we get this one time only deal again, but they don't. Here is a crazy idea, how about you treat ALL your customers with dignity and respect, and give them all that deal beyond that one time. That's because they are afraid you will go with another cheaper option, and they are trying to strong arm you into a sale.

We asked the guy to leave. But did he; no. We then had to hear how it's cheaper because we are saving the company from having to reschedule the appointment, drive back down, sign the contract, and drive back. Well rescheduling the appointment is not rocket science. You look for an open slot and put us in it. As far as signing the contract, whether we do it now or later, it still takes the same about of time. Now I do agree that driving to our house and back does take some time. But thousands of dollars does not justify an extra trip to and from our house. When we told the salesmen if he won't honor the price the following day or so after we had a chance to talk the response was, "This company isn't for you, this company is not for everybody." Really? So you basically said this company is only for people that don't want to weight their options and compare competitors products and prices. I wonder why that is.

What are they afraid of. I'm sorry but an honest and reputable company doesn't operate that way. Are Andersen Windows better? We will never know. After what we just experienced, not only will we never be buying a Renewal by Andersen window, but we are going to make sure nobody else we know has to be subjected to what we just endured without being warned first. Shameful.

Original review: March 15, 2019

So, had 11 windows, a patio door and front door with side window replaced. Placed order in July, work happened in October. Then it took another month for stainers to come, they found a glitch, another month for the piece of frame to be replaced, another month for stainers to return. Ok, so now patience is really being tried right? If that’s not enough, we find that cold air is coming through the windows. One window even howled during a very windy day. The tech just left and now all the trim work has to be removed so that the windows can be “re-foamed” as the foam initially used was faulty. Another day (maybe two) lost. A lot of vacation days have been used up for Renewal by Andersen (and thousands of $$$$). I do not recommend RBA.

Original review: March 13, 2019

The project manager Bryce came to our house to give us a supposedly free quote. We were told the appointment would take 60-90 minutes. After 90 minutes of listening to how great their product was we began asking for pricing and he would begin again telling us how great their product was again and again. We asked over and over to give us prices and finally after 2 1/2 hours we finally got to pricing. He told us they were giving 20% off then was told if we made a decision tonight then there would be another 5% off but if we didn’t then we didn’t get the 5% because they drive all over the valley and needed to pay for that.

It’s too big of a decision to make a spur of the moment decision like that and to lose it because you have to drive around to do business. Crazy. The quote was emailed to me in one lump sum not broke down by price of each window. He told us we could decide to do it all at once or in phases. Phases are hard to do when you don’t know pricing for each window. At the end he said usually an appointment last 60-90 minutes but because of the very few questions we had the appointment took 3 hours but really was because he repeated himself over and over and over. If you have them out be sure to have a full day or evening because they take it. BEWARE.

Original review: March 11, 2019

I ordered two doors sliding doors last June. Nearly $20k. I chose Andersen because I wanted the same installer as brand. It’s been a nightmare. The initial install was botched. Everyone has a different opinion. They send a team out, tell me they will get back to me and then I chase them down. Bad cycle still not fixed. Many apologies. NO accountability.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Renewal by Andersen?

Original review: March 10, 2019

Joe ** and his crew are amazing. I wish I had all their names. I would mention them all. They arrived when they said, kept me up to date and went out of their way to help me. When I was told I had to have everything out of their way they were very happy to help me move items I couldn’t. I was so happy ??? with them. I purchased 2 dozen doughnuts the next morning. They cleaned up vacuum every day. I purchased a large desk for a second story bedroom. Joe offered to carry it upstairs when it had nothing to do with his service. How helpful was that! Joe was not happy how 2 of the windows were not installing to his satisfaction and had the company remake the 2. Most would have just made it work and installed it anyway. Not my Team. I would recommend Joe ** and Andersen to anyone Happy to say Teresa.

Original review: March 9, 2019

I just had windows, french door, and sliders replaced in my home. I have never had such a pleasant experience with any other company that I have dealt with. Most important and enjoyable was the awesome team of 3 gentlemen who did my installation from beginning to finish. Most contractors want in and out. These gentlemen took the time to explain everything and answer all my questions. I would gladly accept them into my home as family not contractors.

Original review: March 6, 2019

Last night I had a door-to-door salesmen from this company conducted himself in the worst possible way! I completely understand that salesmen have to be persistent, etc. but this guy went too far. Basically he rang my doorbell about 7 pm, it was clear I was home with my car in the driveway and lights on. He rang my doorbell again and again. I didn’t answer because I didn’t want to. Then he started POUNDING HIS FIST ON MY DOOR! Like I was obligated to open my door or he wouldn’t leave. I was angry about it but treated him with respect saying, “No thank you. I'm not interested.”

He then glared at me and waited for me to shut the door before moving from my front porch. It may not have been malicious but I’ve never had someone beat on my door like that it was terrifying. Please educate your salespeople to conduct themselves in a non threatening manner. If I see him in my neighborhood again I’m reporting him to our city code enforcement and police department because that behavior is not welcome in my neighborhood!

Original review: March 5, 2019

The installers, Jacob and Brian, arrived on time. They covered my wood floors with protective material to prevent damage. They set up work stations outside on one of the coldest days of the year. Brian shoveled a path along the side of the house, into the backyard, and up the deck steps, so they could come and go while working. One worked outside and the other inside. Because of the way they worked, my house stayed warm. They did all of the prep work before removing the old door and putting in the new. We were without a door for a very short time, minutes, perhaps only seconds. They cleaned up completely before leaving. They had been gone about 5 minutes when I tried the key. It didn't work. I called the office, they called Jacob and Brian. They came back immediately, checked the key again and ordered a new one. Overall, they were friendly, accommodating, clean, efficient, and effective.

Renewal by Andersen response

Thanks for the awesome review, Jill! We are so pleased to hear that you had a overall positive experience with our team! Thanks again for sharing!

Original review: March 3, 2019

We just had 2 windows replaced by Andersen Renewal and couldn't be happier with the workmanship of the installation team and the windows as well. Team was very professional from salesman to installers. Did everything expected and would highly recommend them to anyone who is changing out windows!

Original review: March 1, 2019

The installers were well informed and worked well in our home with a special needs son and dog. It was done quickly yet meticulous attention to detail. Definitely worthy of the price. The windows also are easy to clean for someone my age for they are quite simple to operate and do not involve going outside to clean all areas.

Renewal by Andersen response

Thanks for the awesome review, Barbara! We are so happy to hear that you had a great experience with the team and are loving your new windows!

Original review: March 1, 2019

We purchased windows from Renewal by Andersen. They had to be done the way the association wanted it and exactly the way the old windows were. It took them three days to replace the windows. Then the windows had to dry for a while and then the painters came. The timeline was very precise and it was exactly as they predicted.

Renewal by Andersen also gave us the option that part of the house would be done first and then the next part. It didn’t have to be all in one thing. And so, I opted for half of my windows and those were seven windows of two different sizes. I had that done in full, and then I waited until Spring since I like to pay cash. Now, we are in the process of getting the second group of windows and a patio door done.

I love the installers. They were well-trained and very polite. They talked a little but only when it was regarding their work. They're industrious too and did not take breaks in between. They worked and worked. It was a pleasure to work with them. The rep was excellent too. There were choices, like if I wanted to pay off right away, or if I wanted to pay later. He explained the financial situation and there was no pressure at all. I'm absolutely satisfied and anybody can hear how I feel.

Renewal by Andersen response

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us, Ruth! We are so pleased to hear that you had a positive experience with our team. We hope you enjoy your new windows for many years to come!

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

In the past, we used a local company but when I needed to have the windows replaced, I couldn’t get them to respond and come. I called them multiple times and I tried to talk personally with different people. Our maintenance manager suggested that I call Andersen and I did. I was impressed with the sales rep's professionalism, knowledge, and friendliness. The person was at ease and we had a nice conversation. My husband and I felt that he honestly represented both Andersen and us. Then, we had two gentlemen that came for the installation. One gentleman had his own company and he was very polite, very nice, and thorough and knew exactly what he was doing. I watched every step because it was interesting.

The representative said there would be a lift, though, because they don’t let their workman be put in a dangerous situation but there was no lift used, which surprised me. But I have nothing against them. They worked all day long. The painter that came later was equally very nice, polite, and very professional. He did a beautiful job. Overall, they met our expectation and I have nothing but glowing terms for the people representing Andersen. They came the day and time that they said they would.

Renewal by Andersen response

Thanks for the awesome review, Nancy! We are so pleased to hear that you had a positive experience with our team! We hope you enjoy your new windows for many years to come!

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

I had a big project and so I ended up purchasing a bunch of sliding glass and one double opening French door from Renewal by Andersen. I also had one window repaired. There was one door that came in damaged and they let me know that ahead of time. During the installation, they brought a whole bunch of people and they did it all in one day. Other than that, the salesperson, the person in the office and the installation guys were all super professional. They were great with communicating throughout as well. While everything was super pricey, they changed the style and the price went down a little bit. All in all, Renewal by Andersen has high-quality products.

Renewal by Andersen response

Thanks for the awesome review, Doris! We are so happy to hear that you had a great experience with our team!

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

The person from Renewal by Andersen that I met with was really nice and the prices were pretty good. I thought their product was great and initially, I was gonna get a bunch of windows and sliding doors but it didn’t work out. So I ended up calling the sales representative months later to ask about the sliding door and we were able to get that done pretty quickly. They were able to install it earlier than originally planned and the technician was fast. It took four hours and it was pretty easy. He did a great job and overall, it was a great experience. They didn’t just replace the sliding door either. They replaced the molding around the door as well, which was great. The quality of the product is great and the price was very fair.

Renewal by Andersen response

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us! We are so pleased to hear that you had a positive one! Enjoy your new windows!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

Had 3 windows installed 11/2016 at a cost of over $4000, have had draft problems since then, took pictures of 20 degree air coming thru using temp gun. They came out. Put some black foam in corners. They are still drafty. Last cold spell it was 28 degree coming in. We have 55mph winds today 2/25/19 and you can see curtains move and actually hear it whistling thru the top window where it shuts. My other old windows seal better. I'm done with Andersen. Thank goodness didn't get all replaced.

Renewal by Andersen response

Hello David - so sorry to hear that your windows are causing issues in your home. If you are willing, please reach out to me and I will help get this issue addressed as soon as possible. We want to ensure you are satisfied with your purchase from us! Thanks in advance!

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

I purchased a patio door and the sales representative was a very nice person. He did everything he told me they would. The installers were excellent as well. The guy must have been here for six hours and the door was put in the same day but I had to wait before they came and stained it. It was very expensive but it turned out to be a beautiful door. I was very happy with the experience and I would recommend them to anybody. I've had Andersen renewals in my house for the last 20 years. They're good windows.

Renewal by Andersen response

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us, Donna! We are so pleased to hear that you had a great experience and love your new patio door! Thanks again!

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

I live in a condo and I had to replace the patio door. I got the door from Renewal by Andersen. They gave me a timeline on how long the installation would take. It was supposed to be due before Christmas, but they rescheduled to January because of circumstances. Then, I got a call and they did it before Christmas, so I was happy. Thankfully, it was on time. Everything went smoothly. The rep was very informative and showed me everything. Everything was done in one day and the installers did a good job. I was very pleased.

Renewal by Andersen response

Thanks for the awesome review, Geraldine! We are so pleased to hear that you had a great experience with our team and that you are loving your new patio door!

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

Renewal by Andersen was terrific. I have no complaints with it at all. I purchased a kitchen window, a picture window for the basement and a storm door from them. Their rep would make a good friend. He was easy to get along with. Also, the installers were fine. They were very nice and did a great job. The windows are of excellent quality as well.

Renewal by Andersen response

Thanks for the awesome review, Ellis! We are so happy to hear that you had a terrific experience with our team! Enjoy your new windows!

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

I’m a widow and I live by myself, and all I wanted to be able to do was tilt my window then clean them. Renewal by Andersen met everything that they said. They were fantastic from the time that the guy came out to measure to the other guy that did the install. They told me two days, and they were there two days. Also, the rep knew what he was talking about. I got 14 standard-sized windows and they're great. My neighbor up the street just got a new roof and he said he needs a few new windows, so I told him to call Renewal by Andersen.

Renewal by Andersen response

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us, Janice! We are so pleased to hear that you are pleased with your new windows! We hope you enjoy your new, easy to clean windows for many years to come!

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

The Renewal by Andersen representatives that I worked with were all smart. They were very practical gentlemen and they presented themselves well. They gave me a timeline for how long it would take and they were able to match it. They did a great job. We first did a few windows with them. The rep who came over here was an intelligent, service-oriented guy. About a year and a half later, I reached out to him again. Based on the performance of the first set of windows, I bought triple of what I bought before. I got some folding windows outside, in the living room, master bedroom, master bathroom, and in another bedroom. That was about $40,000 worth of windows. The quality of the new windows is outstanding. The installers were outstanding service providers, too. The installation was a pretty smooth process. It took four days and they cleaned up afterwards day-to-day.

Renewal by Andersen response

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience, Joe! We are so glad that you had a great experience with our team and are enjoying your new windows! We hope you continue to enjoy them for many years to come!

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

My windows were old and with one, the door didn't wanna open and close anymore. They left a lot of drafts coming through. My dad always had Andersen and I thought they could fix it. I went with them and they fixed my problem. Most recently, I had them do a garage window and they put a sliding window which I'm very happy with. I also have double-hung windows from them. Their reps were all very nice people and their finishers did a beautiful job. They were very courteous and they covered everything. Their workmanship is beautiful too. Andersen has been worth the money I paid.

Renewal by Andersen response

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us, Richard! We are so pleased to hear that you had a great experience with our team and are impressed with the workmanship! Thanks again for the great review!

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

Renewal by Andersen replaced our double hung windows two months ago. They were able to complete it in the timeframe they gave me. Although, they are coming back out to do a service follow-up today on a problem we are having. Our interaction with their reps had been good. We used them before at another house and I dealt with a whole bunch of different people. But, they sent the wrong crew out to do the installation so whoever coordinated the installation did not do a very good job. After a bunch of phone calls though, they straightened it out and everything went well after that.

Renewal by Andersen response

Thanks for taking the time to share about your experience with us. We are pleased to hear that you had a pleasant experience, other than the mishap with scheduling installation. Glad to hear that it was straitened out and proceeded smoothly!

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

Had a great experience with the sales rep. We agreed to purchase 4 sliders. He walked us through all of the processes of them building the doors and coming to measure and setting up actual installation. Initially we thought installation would have been early January, but it was moved to mid February. We were then asked if they could install 2 weeks early. We said yes. It was to be a 2 day project with 5 guys. Day one they come, it's 2 guys who get to work immediately! Super nice hard working. About an hour in another guy shows up and he jumps right in... They did 3 doors in the first day.

The 2nd day 2 guys come and finish the 4th door and all the finish work. They never stopped they kept the work areas neat and clean and only stopped for their lunch break. My husband and I were so impressed with how they worked and their diligence and the overall job they did!!! They were a crew out of the Boston area and Russian... I only mention the nationality because I can't remember their names... I wish I could hire them for other work I needed done. Overall so far a wonderful experience!!!

Renewal by Andersen response

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us, Caroline! We are so pleased to hear that you had a great experience with out team! We will make sure the team gets this awesome message!

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

I liked the window. I had a couple of people come out but I liked Renewal by Andersen's the best. Plus I didn’t worry about the cost as long as I could afford the payment. I got a picture window, sliders, and the double. But they were not able to complete the job within the timeline they gave me. They were supposed to come back and put my slider in, but the contractor said he was short on help. Then it was just one thing after the other. But even though we had that little bump in the road, I’d recommend them. I liked the window and the quality, and I’m satisfied. I also really liked the representative I worked with. He was really nice and I was impressed with his knowledge.

Renewal by Andersen response

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us, Carolyn! We are so pleased to hear that you had a great experience with our team, despite hitting a slight bump in the road!

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I had Renewal by Andersen do the slider windows and they did it exactly when they said they would. I was so pleased with the window. In fact, I wrote them a note after it was all done thanking them for a good job. It is a wonderful window. The interaction I had with the representative was very good and the installation experience was fine. I was perfectly satisfied with Renewal by Andersen and I would have them again.

Renewal by Andersen response

Thanks for the awesome review! We are so pleased that you had a great experience with our team and that you love your windows so much! We hope you enjoy them for many years to come!

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

Around 8/2018 I got 13 SilverLine V3 series installed in my home. I am in Ohio and last month we were in a deep freeze. I am having the same problem with my windows as David of Cambridge, MN. Windows being wet and some freezing. I did not get these from Andersen direct. I got them from a Dealer in Cleveland, Ohio. I contacted him to explain and send pictures of the problem. He sent an email to a guy named Tony. Never got back to the dealer. The email was sent 1-31-19. I told the dealer how unhappy and disappointed I was in these windows and no service. He sent another email to a Ryan 2-7-19. No response yet. I see on other pages of Consumers Affairs. That several people have this air leakage and wetness and freezing problem. Looks like Andersen says it is normal in most cases. That cannot be true. Maybe all of us should get together and file a class action or something to wake these people up.

Renewal by Andersen response

Hi Iggy: It sounds like you did not work with a Renewal by Andersen retailer, but instead Andersen Windows. But just to make sure, I'll have our Cleveland team give you a call. Can you tell me your phone number please? Thank you.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

I visited the Andersen website and couldn't find anything about single hung windows. I started a chat and asked if these were provided. Rather than answer my question, the staff asks me how many windows I want installed. I ask him if he can please answer my question first, and he tells me I should see someone in the Andersen office. Seriously? I'll be taking my business elsewhere.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

I've had good experiences with Renewal. They have better windows compared to others. They've done three jobs for me. The last time I had them replace four windows. It was supposed to take a day and it ran a little bit over. But that's because it's an old house and he ran into problems. He just came back to finish up one window. I've had the representative before and we're old friends now. He was the one I had gone to each time and he was good.

The installer had to rebuild part of the frame, and that wasn't expected. I wanted him to do a thorough job, and that was what he did. And he explained everything to me as he went along. They all did a very good job. They were very thorough and they came when they said they would. I'm very happy with my windows. They're beautiful.

Renewal by Andersen response

Thanks for the awesome review, Betty! We are so pleased to hear that you had a great experience with our team! We hope you enjoy your new windows for many years to come!

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

The representatives at Renewal by Andersen answered all questions I had and were very kind. So everything went perfectly. When they set things up, they gave me a timeline on how long the window and the door replacement would take and they actually came through before the time. The installers were very efficient and had it in in no time. Everything is working now and so far, the quality is good. I was well satisfied with everything. I had a patio door, which I had had for years, replaced. Then I had some windows replaced and as the weather gets better, I might have a couple more windows done.

Renewal by Andersen response

Thanks for the great review, Helga! We are so pleased to hear that you had a great experience with your team! We would love to work with you again in the future!

Renewal by Andersen expert review by Joseph Truini

With locations across the United States, Renewal by Andersen, a division of Anderson Corporation, offers start-to-finish window and door replacement with a focus on energy efficiency.

• Windows: Renewal by Andersen offers a variety of window styles including picture, sliding, awning, casement and bay. The company also offers 15 different styles of specialty windows with custom options.

• Patio doors: Renewal by Andersen has several styles of patio doors to choose from including hinged French patio doors and sliding doors. The company offers free consultation with a representative.

• Product visualizer: Renewal by Andersen’s product visualizer takes a picture of your home and superimposes a custom window over it, allowing you to see how a new window would look before you purchase.

• Mobile app: The company’s mobile app generates a 3D model of your home based on pictures you upload. You can then visualize different styles of windows all around your home.

• Best for: homeowners who need to replace windows or patio doors in their home.

Profile picture of Joseph Truini
Joseph Truini Home Improvement Contributing Editor

Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.

Renewal by Andersen Company Information