Call toll free
4.11/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Renewal by Andersen is the full-service window-replacement division of 114-year-old Andersen Corporation, the owner of the most trusted family of window brands in America.

Renewal was founded with a mission to redefine the industry and to offer a different—and better—window-replacement experience.

Renewal by Andersen’s Signature Service is committed to giving you the best customer experience possible, through the perfect combination of the best people in the industry, a superior process, and an exclusive product.

Renewal by Andersen Video
A+BBB Rating
"Outstanding Customer Satisfaction with Windows and Patio Doors" J.D. Power
View More View More

293 Renewal by Andersen Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

This is the first time we have replaced windows in our home. We met with 3 top rated window installation companies and explored their products and installation services. In the end, Renewal by Andersen was our best choice and by far the best price. We were very happy with the entire process. Ryan, our salesman went above and beyond to meet and exceed our expectations for customer service. Tim, our measure tech was quickly available for my husband as he had questions from our builder.

Justin, Jeremiah and Jon were very quick, efficient and did an excellent job installing the windows. We anticipated a mess as the windows were being installed, this team was top notch in keeping mess to a minimum and cleaning up what was made so that I arrived home from work and you couldn't even tell work was done. The final product says it all, from great staff to absolutely beautiful, high quality windows, Renewal by Andersen should be everyone's choice for window replacement hands down!

Get expert buying tips about Windows and Doors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

We replaced 7 windows and were thoroughly disappointed with the quality of the windows and the installation process. A broken sash was installed on my kitchen window and 4 other pieces of glass had manufacturing defects. The installer left a large hole in my sheetrock and dirty windows. The manufacturing defects were between the two pieces of glass and looked like rock chips. The installer did not even bother to tell me the window sash was broken. When I finally spoke to the crew supervisor, he told me he was too busy at another job site that had problems that he could not address mine. He came the next day and promised to send someone over to fix the sheetrock on a Sunday, and that person never showed and then lied and said he called to reschedule.

The General manager in Houston said he would personally make sure my windows were taken care of in one visit. But again, broken promises- it took two more trips! Maybe my experience is not typical, but let me tell you, that my experience was an absolute disaster from start to finish! I received a lot of excuses from the RBA team. Everyone had an excuse for why I received such shoddy products and installation. At the end of the day, RBA felt that all the frustration, inconvenience and angst, was only worth an 8% discount. Needless to say I will not recommend RBA to anyone.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

I chose Renewal by Anderson to replace two 8 foot sliders in my home. The salesman was very knowledgeable about his product but was not a pusher. He demonstrated with a heat lamp how inefficient my existing doors were. (Scary!) The doors took 3 months to arrive because they are made to order. The installers, John and Joe, arrived on time and were professional and courteous. The job was done in a few hours, including indoor and outdoor trim. John and Joe removed all trash and vacuumed. Upon inspection, we noticed 2 small cracks in the frames of both moving panels. I was assured they would both be replaced, and they were without a hassle. Now they are perfect and my house is warmer. The doors are beautiful and I highly recommend Renewal by Anderson!

Renewal by Andersen response

Thanks for taking the time to share about your experience, Maureen! We are so pleased to hear that you had a great experience with us and love your new doors! We hope you enjoy your doors for many years to come!

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

I only have buyer's remorse and very upset with the high-pressure sales tactics that were deployed by the Renewal By Andersen rep to make my wife agree to spend $10,624 on 6 insert windows. I feel very much swindled. At the end of it all we do not have what we needed but instead we have the sales rep's vision plastered across the back of our house. The minimum amount of work and product was delivered at the highest cost to us. The RBA rep tried to get my wife to buy a front door with sidelights for over $14,000 but I managed to dodge that. I'll comment on that later. I am extremely annoyed that RBA does not provide an actual breakdown of costs for their windows, the labor, supplies and materials. RBA's literature eludes to cost savings and an ROI that, when you spend some time doing the math, doesn't exist.

As I read reviews here I guess that the warranty will not be honored, so, not surprised. In addition, this company treats its installers very poorly. I'll explain. During the install I voiced my questions and displeasure and wanted to make sure I did not cause any issues for the installation team, an independent contractor outsourced by RBA, that was actually incredibly competent and attentive. They informed me that I would receive a survey and that their performance was ranked by the following and if I answered less than 10, that they would be "dinged" by Andersen.

Here's the question, "Based specifically on your experience of the installation process, how likely are you to recommend Renewal by Andersen to a family member, colleague, friend or neighbor?" My actual answer is that install team did a great job putting lipstick on the pig of a product RBA sells. I got their number to come back and get some estimates for other jobs in the future. If the question is, will I buy Andersen again, the answer is zero percent chance of that. I would not wish my friends and family to be price gouged, placed in a high-pressure sales pitch, have arguments with their spouse over the outrageous high cost and lowered expectations. Andersen tries to divert responsibility of any issues on to the install team with that question. That's pretty slimy business tactics. That's another reason why any more window or door purchases for our home will not include Andersen or its affiliates.

To follow up on the door comment, I did convince my wife to buy a beautiful solid oak door with sidelights that have low E glass windows, she picked out exactly the locks and color that she wants for just over 4200 and that included installation. That company provided us a complete breakdown for labor and materials and no high-pressure sales tactics were involved.

I only hope you do your homework and get 5 quotes before you decide. This was also my folly not to do my homework completely. If the sales rep tries to force you to sign now, tell them that you sleep on all big purchases. If it truly is a good deal, it will be their tomorrow, and the next day, and next year and show then the door. One of the quotes from one of the other companies that I passed on, sadly, offered a quote that was good for a year. The other company was still pricey as well but their list of conditions, tasks to complete and costs were far better outlined. I am so angry with allowing this and not presenting my arguments clearly and concisely to my spouse to make her understand that Renewal's costs and benefits were not the best choice for us in any way.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

Replacing our windows was something we have been considering and then Renewal by Andersen came to the door at an opportune time. So, I had them do the presentation. Also, almost everyone I knew had their windows replaced by Renewal so I went with them as well. The initial saleswoman was here for three hours which was a little over the top. She was friendly, knowledgeable and did the measurement first so she could give me an estimate. She set it up and also came back a second time when I had to sign everything and it went much quicker. After that, a guy came to do the measurement again and he seemed to know what he was talking about.

I had 14 windows replaced and the people who did the installation came and did what they had to do while I also did everything I was supposed to do. They were done in a day. The last guy who came to stain the windows did what he said he was gonna do. I love the windows and they are great. I would recommend Renewal by Andersen. It was a fine-tuned machine from start to finish. I felt very comfortable that they knew what they were doing and it was not hit or miss.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Renewal by Andersen?

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

I previously used Andersen double hung windows upstairs, and the windows that needed to be replaced were too large to consider doing them myself. I wanted to speak with Andersen so that was why I went with Renewal. I got from them a bay window, so the center section of that is solid, and then either side of that is a double hung. The representative we dealt with was extremely knowledgeable, very professional, and we really were able to work things out very well with him. During the installation, the crew showed up, and when I got home, everything was done, so that was good. The windows are of top-notch quality. However, I’m getting an awful lot of literature in my email. They can take me off their mailing list because I am all done. Still, overall, I’m very satisfied.

Renewal by Andersen response

Thanks for the great review, Ralph! We appreciate you sharing about your experience! If you would like to send me your contact information (address and email), I will personally remove you from our send lists! My email is tina.erickson@andersencorp.com Thanks in advance!

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

A customer of Renewal had told me about their experience and referred me to them. Jeff, the sales rep, was a great guy. He was very professional and we got along great. He made me feel very comfortable about him and the product and he was able to demonstrate to me just how much better a Renewal by Andersen window is versus other types of windows that are out there, about how much heat they let in, and how easy it was to open and close the slider door and open and close the window. The product pretty much sells itself but Jeff put a nice touch to the whole presentation.

Also, he walked me through the entire process and told me how long it would take them to make the windows and when they would call me to schedule the appointment. I was able to get the appointment scheduled within six to eight weeks of the sales call. Then, the guys came out and they were there 12 hours and did the whole job then. They took out the old stuff, put the new stuff in, did the hallway, and cleaned up.

I purchased a new slider door, double-hung windows, a single pane or a single slider window, and another one where I had two horizontal slider windows and they're fantastic. The only thing with the installation that wasn’t communicated upfront was the fact that the old windows I had left about a 1½ to 2-inch depth in the window pane. So, when they put the new ones in and some of the windows in the house, I couldn't use my blinds for the prior window because they would stick out too far. They didn’t fit flush with the pane. I had to go out and spend another $300 in blinds for the windows that didn’t conform. That was an additional cost that I didn't anticipate. And it’s no longer a perfect match window-to-window but I really don’t care. As long as the sun is blocked out, it doesn’t matter to me that I got the Bali Aluminum 1-inch and the contractor-grade 2-inch wooden that came with the place. I was happy with the entire process.

Renewal by Andersen response

Thanks for taking the time to share about your experience, Christopher! We are pleased to hear that you are satisfied with your experience with Renewal by Andersen (aside from the extra expense of having to buy new blinds). Thanks again for sharing!

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

I have three Andersen Doors installed that are 20 years old. On the outside of the door the rectangular siding has become unglued. I contacted Andersen Service, which has been a nightmare. I was give five different numbers to call before finally reaching a person that requested measurements, pictures of the doors, inside and out as well as Andersen numbers from the doors. This was compounded by the fact that the representative was unable to speak clearly.

Finally after I called back I was told that the door department does not handle these doors, I had to call the Window department. Then when I reached the window department I was told to again search for numbers on 20 year old doors that are not legible. I finally asked who locally could repair the doors and was given a number locally. The pictures clearly show the doors require a metal rain guard to be installed over the top like the top of the doors have been built. Way too many phone calls to Andersen to have a simple problem resolved.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

We like Andersen’s products. It seemed to be a lot sturdier, and it looked like it would last longer compared to other retailers. We got double hung type windows and awning type, but instead of going out from the bottom, it goes from right to left. The two representatives we had were both really good, very knowledgeable on the product and weren’t pushy. The installers were excellent. They came out, took all the windows out, had tarps down to make sure nothing got damaged. And when they were done, they cleaned up really well before they left. In fact, it was cleaner after than before.

Renewal by Andersen response

Thanks for the great review, Paul! We are so pleased to hear that you had a great experience with our team! What a bonus that the house was left cleaner than when they arrived! That's awesome!

Original review: Nov. 4, 2018

I liked the reputation of Renewal by Andersen so I purchased double-hung windows from them. Their salesperson came out, took measurements, talked about their product then gave us a quote. Thereafter, their techs came in and put the windows in in a day. Since the installation, I've been very satisfied with the windows and I've found them to be of good quality. What they quoted me was what I paid. I'd use this company's services again.

Renewal by Andersen response

Thanks for the great review, Emma! We are so pleased to hear that you had a great experience with our team and that you love your new windows! Thanks again for sharing!

Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

Renewal by Andersen in Rochester NY made our very large window wrong. The reason we ordered it from Andersen so it was manufactured in one piece at the factory. The paperwork showed we ordered right and now Andersen wants to only replace the center section of the window. That’s exactly what we didn’t want. Their mistake now they want to save money instead of ordering the whole window new like we asked for. Took forever for them to answer or get call backs to resolve the issues and in the end they threatened us with legal action if we don’t pay the balance. Basically strong arming us for the money even though a replacement isn’t acceptable to us. It isn’t new out of the box one whole piece and that’s what out expectation was and that’s what the salesman promised. Beware if you're in Rochester - you will be sorry if you have any issues with it!

Renewal by Andersen response

Bruce - so sorry to hear about your frustrating experience! If you are willing, please reach out to me directly with your information (including zip code) and I will look into this directly for you. My email is tina.erickson@andersencorp.com Thanks in advance!

Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

I had a set of Renewal by Andersen sliding glass doors in my dining room headed out to my deck area for years. I was very happy with those and because they lasted a long time, I returned to this company to replace them with new ones. At the same time, I also replaced my front doors and storm doors with new doors from them.

However, when I got the new storm doors, the factory keyed the locks so they matched. So, I only have to use one key. I've had so much trouble with the key not wanting to work on the storm door lock. It works only on the front door. As a result, two different people have come out to service it and I've already had the interlock changed. I’m wondering if that’s a very good system only because I also maintain an apartment in Austin, Texas near my family. That apartment complex tells me my garage door and my front door to the apartment are keyed so that the same key works. It doesn’t work there either. I’d rather have two keys and have two locks than for them to keep trying to use the same key work both locks.

Another complaint I have is that when I try to call the service department number, nobody ever answers. Though I leave my name and a message and two or three days later, somebody calls me back, I can never get through to the service department. That's frustrating sometimes. Still when they call, Renewal's reps have been lovely and they try to be helpful. If I get new windows in the future, I'll go with Renewal by Andersen because I've been very happy with the salespeople, with the representatives, the people who come out to service my place. I recommend this company to other people.

Renewal by Andersen response

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review! Sorry to hear about the frustrating experience with your locks. But we are glad that you still would choose Renewal by Andersen again, despite this problem. Please let us know if there is anything that we can do to help this situation! Thanks again!

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

Renewal by Andersen is a local company and they have a reputation. I got a replacement window from them and it was done faster than I thought. I was also informed all along the way. The salesperson who came out has had some experience and was knowledgeable about the products that had been offered in the past as well as the product that Andersen was offering then. He also informed me about the difference between a vinyl window versus some kind of a composite, which is what Andersen makes the windows out of. He told me how much he did several replacements and gave me a price based on what I could afford. I could really only afford to do one window. They're expensive but I'd recommend them.

I love the window that I got and I wish all my windows were that window. My old, rattly ones are very thin and they let a lot of heat out. They're not very good quality. I wish Andersen had some kind of a window installment program where you could pay for one window per year and get the rate for doing a whole house of windows. The installers I had dealt with were also very professional and clean. They had a cancellation and they let me know they could come early. They also took really good care of my property as far as covering the carpets and cleaning up after themselves. They did a really excellent job.

Renewal by Andersen response

HI A. Thank you for taking a moment to share your feedback! We are happy that you are enjoying your product and that you feel like they are making a difference in your home. Depending on where you are located, your location may have special offers or financing available for repeat customers, so be sure to check back with them from time to time! Thanks again for choosing Renewal, and we look forward to working with you in the future.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

A small room off of our living room has all windows and we noticed in a rainstorm that there was some leaking in those windows. We did a little bit of research then my wife and I decided that Renewal by Andersen was the best window on the market. We called and when the guy from Renewal came out, we agreed to a price. After we made the decision to buy the windows, somebody came out almost immediately to measure. Originally, they thought that it wouldn’t be until some time in January that they can install. But then they called us and said they wanted to set up a date. The windows were put in in early December. It was a quick process.

Installation was also absolutely fantastic. There was a guy who was like the foreman of the group. He directed the others and helped out. Then there were three or four in the crew, and it only took them about six hours to put all the windows in. They were professional too. They put down all the stuff that needed to be put down to catch the dirt and debris. They even helped me move a couple pieces of furniture out of the room. They knew exactly what they were gonna do and were really good.

I recommended Renewal to two people right away. I told them upfront that the windows are expensive but that we’re very satisfied with them. The windows that were in the room were original windows in the house, and the house was built in 1928. They were double-hung windows but the storm windows were not attached. It wasn’t all one piece like these Andersen windows are. So in the winter months, we noticed right away that you can’t really feel the cold breeze coming through. There wasn’t a cold spill-off off the Andersen window. We also got the leak taken care of. We have not noticed any leaking since the replacement.

Renewal by Andersen response

Thanks for sharing your experience with us, Otto! We are so pleased that you have noticed a difference in the coziness of your house - what a bonus! Thanks again for sharing your experience! We appreciate it!

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

I had one window replaced by Renewal by Andersen about two years ago and it's a nice window. When they called again, I said yes and purchased the slider type. I should have known because it was too expensive but I like them. The representatives were very good, polite and nice. The installation process was also short and the installers did a good job. I like my windows. They seem nice and the quality seems good. Renewal by Andersen was very good.

Renewal by Andersen response

Thanks for the great review, Mary! We are so pleased to hear that you like your new windows! Thanks again for sharing about your experience!

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

DO NOT purchase windows from Renewal by Andersen. It was my worst financial decision that I have ever made in over 70 yrs. It took them 7 months to install 12 windows. It is a total ripoff. The patio doors alone cost over $3,000 a piece. They measured one of the three patio doors wrong, so we had a boarded up window for over 5 weeks and now we have two windows of normal size and one much smaller. Every one of the 12 windows has a different shade of stain. The wood quality is very poor. Customer relations is the worst of any company that I have ever dealt with. DO NOT give them any money up front. One time they came to install the windows and they were not even close to the stain color we agreed on. The next time, they never showed up or even called. I could go on and on but I will leave this to close; if the windows they installed were in their showroom or with the salesman, they would NEVER make one sale.

Renewal by Andersen response

Michael, thank you so much for sharing your story with us. I am sorry to hear about this. If you would be willing to message me or email me your contact information directly at Megan at andersencorp dot com, I would greatly appreciate it. I would like to make sure our regional manager in the corporate offices has this information. Thank you!

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

I was looking to get new windows and I called my friend Diana who is a salesperson. She came over, did the whole spiel, and she was amazing and professional. I did Renewal by Andersen in two steps. I did my upstairs, and then I did my downstairs a year later. Everything that they said happened. The installation was very neat, and clean. It was a great experience. The windows are perfect! I’ve also given the salesperson's name to several people already.

Renewal by Andersen response

Thanks for the great review, Linda! Glad to hear that the windows your got are perfect for your home! Thanks again for sharing!

Original review: Oct. 28, 2018

I had one of Andersen's salesmen come out and he made a pitch. It was nice. We sat down and he went through the presentation and showed me how the windows are made. They told me the work would be done in a day and it would've been a day but they were missing a sliding glass door. So they had two different dates for the installation. But otherwise, it went real smoothly. I have a problem with my kitchen window though. It has a little crack along the edge and I called to complain about it but I didn’t get anywhere with anybody. But apart from that, the quality has been good so far.

Renewal by Andersen response

Thanks for sharing, Blaine! Sorry to hear about the crack in your window. If you would like me to look into this directly, please email me at tina.erickson@andersencorp.com with your contact information (including zip code). I would be happy to try to help you figure this out! Thanks again for taking the time to share!

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

Renewal by Andersen product and service is top quality. The salesman, Scottie **, patiently helped us carefully make all of our selections. The measurement tech, Robert **, reviewed all of our selections with us carefully and helped us incorporate some changes to our order. The installation team worked diligently and carefully to install all 18 windows and the front door. They really have their installation process perfected. All of this from start to finish made for a very positive experience.

Renewal by Andersen response

Thanks for the great review, Susan! We are so glad you love your new windows and door - and that you had a great experience with our installation process! Thanks for sharing!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

We have had for installation dates on the third installation date. They call the night before and cancel that said they could not find all the components. Then they rescheduled the fourth time. Never showed up never called. We caught our cells person. We called South Bend operations manager. They know nothing. The next day The general manager calls us. They have not even made our windows yet. We are doing two phases of windows. They offered $100 off the second phase which is a Nother $10,000 and windows. My boyfriend told them he did not know if we was even going to use them again. We have already made a payment on our first phase of windows which is also $10,000. General manager told him he would take $500 off this order. Can’t wait to be done with them.

Renewal by Andersen response

Hi Sherry…thank you for letting us know about your experience—I am sorry to hear about your frustrations. We will make sure to get your review to the regional manager here at our corporate offices, as well.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

I was looking for bids on a simple kitchen window and door replacement. After speaking with a customer representative, I was told that in order to send someone out to give me a quote, they needed to meet with both me and my husband. I demurred, stating that (1) he has a difficult schedule to work around and (2) the project is solely mine, from both a planning and fiscal standpoint. I was told that because of the number of choices and price points available for review, they insist on both partners being present at the consult.

Again, I reiterated the fact that my husband is not involved (nor does he want to be) in this project; therefore, his presence is neither necessary nor warranted. I can only assume this policy runs both ways (I.e., that husbands are also required to have wives present). Nevertheless, I find the requirement needlessly inconvenient, not to mention insulting (husbands and wives are perfectly capable discussions between themselves independent of sales personnel) and, quite frankly, silly. I declined to proceed further with this company and have since received bids from several other well-regarded companies in the area, none of whom required my husband’s presence, and one of which will get me business now and, potentially, in the future.

Renewal by Andersen response

Lea: Thank you for sharing this.with us. I want to reassure you it is NOT a requirement, nor is it our policy that both parties be home for the presentation. While many of our homeowners find it convenient, it is certainly not a requirement, and I am sorry to hear this. Would you be so kind as to message me or email me directly at megan at andersencorp dot com? I want to make sure this gets to the regional manager here at corporate offices. Thank you!

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

Renewal by Andersen came to offer the best explanation of what they were going to do for our front door. The salesman was very clear in his explanation of what the door would accomplish and how sturdy it was. And then, the workers were very polite and cleaned up after themselves until we were satisfied. The door is very solid. We were looking for a secured door for our front door, and they did a fine job.

Renewal by Andersen response

Thanks for the awesome review, Carson! We appreciate you taking the time to share about your experience!

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

Renewal by Andersen wasn't the lowest among several quotes that I got from window retailers but in my estimation, we had the best product so we went with them. The people that came out to measure, and those that came and installed the windows, including the gentleman that gave us the initial quote did a great job and were very professional. The windows are for a church and they're very specialized. They're for one very long channel that is about a story and a half. The church was built in the 60s and it had aluminum frame windows before. They took everything out and they had to manufacture the windows that would fit into those channels. And it all looks great.

Renewal by Andersen gave us a time frame when they came out and measured it and told us when they would be ready to be installed. It didn’t take them very long and everything went smoothly. We weren’t able to do everything in one shot, but they worked with us. Being a church, we needed to raise the money so we did half the windows and then, it’s a year and a half later when we finished the other half of the windows. Renewal by Andersen was a stable company and I would highly recommend them.

Renewal by Andersen response

Thanks for sharing, Peter! We are glad that we could work to accommodate your unique project. We hope your church enjoys the new windows for many years to come!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

The guy at Renewal by Andersen was excellent to work with. He stepped out and gave us a moment to talk about the decision. It was awesome since we were sitting there under pressure and we had to make a decision right away. We’re very pleased with him. By that time, we’ve also heard a lot about the Andersen windows. Plus we really liked the option they gave us. It’s the two-years-to-pay with interest-free. That attracted us a lot. We financed through them and they took care of everything. They sat right here and it was easy. We didn’t have to leave the house.

We were having 18 windows replaced and they gave us a timeline but they actually came earlier than what we anticipated. They also did it in a day. I was very surprised. The crew came in at around 8:00 in the morning and they stayed and finished it. It was late. I don’t even know if they really took a lunch break. We’ve got an old house and it probably had no original windows in it. I just had the storm windows, and they removed and took everything with them. We didn’t have to touch a thing. It was quite a crew. It was a hard-working bunch and we were very tickled with them. And I love the windows. The curtains don’t move when the wind blows anymore.

Renewal by Andersen response

Thank you, Darrell! We are happy to hear that YOU are happy!

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

Fourth project we have had done by Renewal by Andersen and we couldn't be more pleased with the results. Dan ** our design consultant provided his expert product knowledge to us for a custom round window and a replacement patio door installation. The end result was AWESOME! Thank you Dan and Renewal by Andersen for a most professional job.

Renewal by Andersen response

Wow - 4 projects! Thank you for being such a loyal customer for us! And thank you for sharing your experiences! We greatly appreciate it!

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

My elderly mother was sold several $1800.00 a piece plain casement windows for her 16×80 TRAILER. They took advantage of her for sure! Had them installed and the South and West facing ones warp in the heat. You cannot shut once open. They are closing now because we are getting cooler. Andersen’s solution is to put handles on the bottom so they can be opened. Says "the windows just do that" So, they warp? Not impressed at all, these things were horrible to deal with all summer. For $1800.00 they should lift with one finger...Run from this company.

Renewal by Andersen response

Sorry to hear about your frustrating experience, Clo. If you are willing, please send me your contact information (including zip code) and I will look into this directly for you. You can reach me at tina.erickson@andersencorp.com

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

My mom had a doorwall installed by Renewal by Andersen. Their rep told me when she would be there and was really punctual. She was very professional. She came in, did the measurements, told me what to expect, then followed up constantly to make sure that the installation was satisfactory. She then followed up after the job was done. The installers were in and out very quickly. They made sure everything was covered and cleaned up when they were done. I like the doorwall and it's good value. I'd tell friends that Renewal by Andersen would be a good phone call to make.

Renewal by Andersen response

Thanks for the awesome review! We are so pleased to hear that you had a great experience getting your mother's windows replaced! We appreciate your recommendation!

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

Caveat emptor certainly applies to this company. I met with a sales rep (Brian) in early March about replacement windows. After we reached a deal I paid one half of the cost that day with the balance due upon completion of the work. Windows were installed in early to mid May but the installation crew could not finish the external trim work that day (did not have proper tools/equipment) and said another crew would have to do the exterior trim work at a later date. In a week or two another crew (different technicians) arrived at my house to do the exterior trim work. At this time I paid the balance due.

I had not originally ordered screens for all the windows but was told by the salesman (Brian) in March that there shouldn’t be any difference in price. This was my mistake as I was to discover from a customer service representative that each screen would cost an additional $100.00 since in the original contract I had not specified that I might want screens in the future. Repeated efforts to reach the salesman, Brian were unsuccessful.

In early July, I agreed to pay the additional $100 per screen ($500 total) and the customer representative (Staesha) stated it would have to be a credit card transaction as RBA would not accept a check for this procurement? Our credit card was charged $500 on 24 July but when I contacted the company on 15 August the screens had yet to be ordered. The present customer service rep, Myron, stated that the former service rep who took our order (Staesha) had been terminated. He was mildly apologetic and ordered the screens that day?

When the screens finally arrived in mid September, the technician Gary who delivered and was to install them said they didn’t fit and should be re-ordered. He was surprised that RBA had charged me an additional cost for the screens and said that for the additional expense I incurred I should expect the screens to fit properly. He measured each window and placed a new order.

On 15 October I received a call from the customer service rep Myron and he said the new screens had arrived and wanted to schedule an installation date. I requested that Gary install the screens since he had measured them and was familiar with the situation. I was informed that Gary had been terminated and that another technician would be delivering the screens.

Since my original installation date of the windows in early May, RBA had terminated two customer service reps and at least one technician (and I suspect the salesman who I dealt with in March is no longer with the company). I voiced my concerns and dissatisfaction with RBA company methods to Myron but felt like he was just reading from a prepared script and wasn’t really that concerned with me as a customer or my lack of satisfaction.

Consumers should think twice before using this company. For a company that claims a superior product and customer service, I have found this to not be the case. Their TV ads are very misleading and disingenuous. Consumers should take a look at their local contractors before dealing with this outfit. If I ever get my situation resolved, I will not deal with RBA in the future nor will I ever recommend RBA to neighbors or friends.

Renewal by Andersen response

Dennis: I am sorry to hear about your experiences. Obviously we do not want our homeowners feeling this way. If you would be willing to send me your contact information, either via message or by emailing me at Megan at andersencorp dot com, I would be happy to make sure this gets to our regional manager here at corporate HQ and that we can look into your situation. Thank you!

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

Don't believe the sales pitch. The windows may be better than others, but air comes in at the bottom of my hanging windows where the sash meets the frame. And it took two installations, the second replacing all the windows to get where they are today. Three crews came to work on the replacement of all windows, one door, and putting a new window in a kitchen under renovation, which involved closing one up. The first crew installed the kitchen window but couldn't come back for the shingling so a second crew came, not knowing where the first crew left off and unprepared (they picked up nails on the way so were hours later than expected). They used one nail per shingle and didn't leave space between them so within a few weeks they'd buckled.

It was clear to the tech crew that reviewed the problem that the shingling needed to be redone. The third crew shingled the wall correctly, as well as other unfinished carpentry around the door. Because I could feel a breeze on my neck when sitting in front of the windows, they decided to add weatherstripping. This made the windows hard to open and close. More happened that I won't go into. It took writing the president of Renewal to get another tech crew out to assess the windows. They felt replacing the windows was the way to go, that new windows shouldn't need weatherstripping.

After the windows were replaced, some of the screens didn't fit and needed to be reordered. I waited to put them in the windows because when the light hits the screens at an angle, they're almost opaque. Invisible straight on, though. One window bounced shut and needed a part to be ordered and the lock on another needed to be adjusted.

In August, when the technician was installing the replacement screens (this time they fit), I noticed a hole in another screen. I bought the high-end insect screens because my old screens had a lot of holes and I thought the stainless steel would hold up. I also understood the screens to be under warranty for 10 years. A waste of money! I put the screens in the windows at the beginning of the summer and by August there's a hole? And today I was told it's out of the 90-day warranty. Really? A nightmare from start to finish other than the workers who seemed to be trying and the fact that they came back at least six times. No, I won't be paying Renewal by Andersen another penny for a new screen.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

I interviewed a couple of other companies and they were a lot cheaper window-wise. Renewal by Andersen was a little pricey but we had them before in our other house and their product lasted really good. We like the quality and the way they were made and trimmed. Recently, we had all new windows put in. The salesman told us about the different windows, how they would trim them out and what window we should go with. The trim work and the oak around the windows look good and it didn’t take them very long to do the windows. One of the cranks wasn’t connected right on one of the crank-out windows but they came back and fixed it within a week.

Renewal by Andersen response

Thanks for sharing your experience, Thomas. Glad to hear that we got the issue fixed promptly. Thanks for choosing Renewal by Andersen - we appreciate your business!

Renewal by Andersen expert review by Joseph Truini

With locations across the United States, Renewal by Andersen, a division of Anderson Corporation, offers start-to-finish window and door replacement with a focus on energy efficiency.

• Windows: Renewal by Andersen offers a variety of window styles including picture, sliding, awning, casement and bay. The company also offers 15 different styles of specialty windows with custom options.

• Patio doors: Renewal by Andersen has several styles of patio doors to choose from including hinged French patio doors and sliding doors. The company offers free consultation with a representative.

• Product visualizer: Renewal by Andersen’s product visualizer takes a picture of your home and superimposes a custom window over it, allowing you to see how a new window would look before you purchase.

• Mobile app: The company’s mobile app generates a 3D model of your home based on pictures you upload. You can then visualize different styles of windows all around your home.

• Best for: homeowners who need to replace windows or patio doors in their home.

Profile picture of Joseph Truini
Joseph Truini Home Improvement Contributing Editor

Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.

Renewal by Andersen Company Information