Get a Free Quote Visit Website
ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Get a Free Quote
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.71/5
Visit Website

Renewal by Andersen is the full-service window-replacement division of 114-year-old Andersen Corporation, the owner of the most trusted family of window brands in America.

Renewal was founded with a mission to redefine the industry and to offer a different—and better—window-replacement experience.

Renewal by Andersen’s Signature Service is committed to giving you the best customer experience possible, through the perfect combination of the best people in the industry, a superior process, and an exclusive product.

Renewal by Andersen Video
View More View More

Renewal by Andersen Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Dec. 27, 2019

I have used RbA two years in a row. Last year, I got a picture window replaced. I had a couple of people come out and the guy from Renewal seemed like he was more knowledgeable about their product. The customer satisfaction seems to be there as well as reputation, which I have heard of over a couple of other window products. It was the second time I had that window replaced. The first one was when the house was built and I had a bad experience at the time. I was trying really hard not to repeat that experience and I was willing to pay a little more to make sure that everything was done right. In the end, I had a good experience.

This year, a lot of those windows that I had replaced had gone bad too but I kept saying I'm gonna have to wait 'cause I'm getting close to retirement. It wasn't in the budget. But then, I got a note from one of the regional guys from Andersen for a special discount for repeat customers. I said I'll just let the guy who sold me the picture window come out and talk to me 'cause we had bonded. In the end, he came out and I told him I needed to get all the windows replaced but I didn't have the money. I did want the deal too. He did several renditions of the volume versus the sale price and it turned out that the more windows I get, the bigger the sales discount.

I bit the bullet and did every window that was done. I was getting ready to retire in a couple of years and I wanted to get all these structural things off my bucket list. I've been happy and I've had no problems since. Everything is working out well. RbA is pretty much true to form. Whatever they said they were gonna do, they did. They also followed up, with both years and made sure I was happy with their service. If I had any more windows, I would do it again.

Get expert buying tips about Windows and Doors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2019

Renewal by Andersen's windows are not vinyl. The material of the window frames was superior than anything else, and I thought that they were the best window in my situation. My house all had double hung windows so I purchased those from them. From the time I talked to the salesman until the windows were installed only took a couple of months, which wasn’t bad considering they had to make 13 windows custom-sized. As for the installation itself, they sent a full crew and it was done in one day. They were efficient. They laid down a runner so they wouldn’t track dirt. Each one had his job. There were guys that took them out. There were the guys that put them in and made sure they were square. And There was the guy that put the trim on. So, they had a nice little system going there.

There were a couple of problems when they installed it, however, and they had to come back a couple of weeks later. But even so, they took care of it right away. The one in my kitchen was mis-measured. And it was off by maybe an eighth of an inch, but it was enough that the window wouldn’t operate. They were able to put it in and seal it up for me. They had to come back to have a new one made and replace it, but that was done in a reasonable amount of time. Also, the houses are close -- there is only a couple of feet. So, the gentleman had to reach outside somehow to put the trim on the outside and one of valances broke. It was very minor, and they repaired that when they came to replace the windows. I washed my windows upstairs and I have to get used to how these operate as far as tilting in and out. But they seem to work fine and they close fine. I like the way they lock, too.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

My wife and I just had two sets of sliding glass patio doors installed for right around 15K. Everything went well; the doors seem excellent (time will tell!). They are argon-filled double pane low-e glass. Our patio does not get a great deal of sun but is, of course, exposed to cold in the winter, so we look forward to the benefits. I would have given a five-star review, esp. with Andersen's local choice of installation crew, who were pleasant to work with and did a good job. The only bittersweet part was their upfront salesperson.

"Scott" did a good job of selling us what we needed and moving everything forward. When I emailed him (three times!) to inquire how Andersen compared to another company that utilized and instant, electronic privacy glass, he would absolutely NOT respond to me. I could not believe it! The doors I asked Scott about were probably much more expensive and not applicable for our use, but the fact that once he made the sale but then would not respond to my emails after the fact, prompt me to NOT call him for further sales.

Since we had replaced all of our windows in our home just a few years ago, I believe Scott thought there were no more sales to be made. As a *former* salesman, I would remind every salesperson to always be aware of future potential sales, and to never alienate a possible customer. As I've mentioned though, the doors seems great and the installation was seamless. Nate, Garrett, and their installation helper (sorry, I've forgotten his name), were great, and overall this was not a bad installation. I look forward to many years of quality performance from our new patio doors!

Renewal by Andersen response

Hi Michael - thanks for taking a minute to leave us a review here. We really appreciate your honest feedback. I'm sorry you had a difficult time trying to get in touch with your sales consultant after your job. That's definitely not the way we expect our teams to treat homeowners. I'll be passing your feedback along to the team you worked with so they can use it to improve their processes. Thanks again, Michael, and if you need anything in the future I'm happy to help.

Original review: July 17, 2019

We had a couple windows done by Andersen and they were great. We were waiting to have more money to do the bigger picture window in the living room. The rep told us that they were not selling the same windows. They had an upgrade and it costs more. But we misunderstood him. So we had Home Depot who had the same windows, install the bigger window but they hired the poorest installers that the least money could buy. Although it was not a bad job, it wasn't a professional one either.

I had stucco and a little was chipped before they started. I asked the guy to finish it off but he didn't have a product to do that. Then, he wanted to charge me more money to have it done but I said no. So he came back but I wasn't home. My husband said he pulled the product to fix the problem out of his truck and it was all dried up. Also, I was gonna have Home Depot come out again and put it in the other windows. They were sending out a guy to measure but he didn't show up. The guy called me and said he hadn't gotten the job ticket to call me and come out from Home Depot.

So I paid at least $1,500 more to get an Andersen installer and got a really good, professional and quickly done job. They handled everything. It was expensive but I wasn't stressing out whether the job is done right or if I have ethical people working in my house. The quality of the windows they installed was great. We've got them in just when the hot weather was coming in and it has kept the house much cooler. We love Renewal by Andersen and it was worth the extra money. If it wasn't so expensive, we would have gotten the rest of the windows done but we gotta do it whatever the way we can.

Original review: March 26, 2019

I live in a condo and needed 5 windows and a sliding patio door replaced to standards set by our HOA. The sales rep was pleasant, NOT pushy, very informative and offered options, not just one choice. Another rep came to measure just a few days after that and gave me a lot of helpful information how to get ready for the installers, and gave me a very accurate timeline. The installers came just after one of the biggest snowstorms we've ever had in this area, they shoveled some icy snow off my deck that I couldn't manage myself (to have more work space), removed (and neatly replaced) some tubing covers on my back wall around the patio door, that were in the way of a complete window installation (I was told I'd be responsible for removing these, I had someone do what they could but couldn't get it all, one of the installers, Victor, said "No problem!" and took care of it very efficiently!).

It was very cold the two days the two installers were here (Victor and Valantyn), they were VERY polite, pleasant, conscientious, thorough, did their best to minimize the time with cold air coming in, completed everything in less than two full days, cleaned up SO well and took time to show me details of the new windows, patio door, how to remove them for cleaning. Even the woman who was my "case manager" called to check in before AND after the installation, I felt everyone was professional, followed through on what was promised AND I got a great discount AND I can already tell what a difference these wonderful windows are making, keeping it warmer inside, and quieter, too!! I am recommending them to anyone who asks, including my condo complex neighbors!

Renewal by Andersen response

Thanks for the awesome review, Robin! We are so pleased to hear that you had a wonderful experience with our team. Thanks again for taking the time to share - we appreciate it!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Renewal by Andersen?

Original review: Feb. 21, 2020

I purchased 7 windows and 3 doors from Andersen last summer and were placed in Sept. They were quick completing the installation in 2 days, but did not do the best job of sealing around the windows. They used foam from a can and which created gaps where wind and water could come in. I also had problems opening and closing the door. I had them come back out to make the corrections which took about 3 weeks. During that time I showed them another issue with my from door and stated there were issues and also at that time one larger window had a chip in the frame that he stated they would take care of. I was told it would take a few weeks to get a replacement window and return.

Halloween came and went, Thanksgiving came and went, Christmas came and went and Martin Luther Kings Birthday came and went and not Andersen. During the Winter my doors would freeze shut and would not open. When we were able to open the door, we took a hair dryer to melt the ice on the sides of the door. To lock and unlock the door we had to use our whole body weight to push against the door to pull the bolt forward and back, this was impossible for my wife and grandson, which meant they had to go to the garage and exit the house through the garage door. The Windows are nice, they still get ice on the inside like my old double pain, but one a 1/3 of what we were use to.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

I got three sets of windows from Andersen -- a front window and a bay window which was turned into the regular window. Then they’re coming back out in March to do my last five windows. They are of good quality. My windows were done earlier than I thought. The contractors are good. I've been requesting the same crew on the last two times and for this time, too.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2020

One of my coworkers told me about Renewal by Andersen years ago. He said those were the best windows. If I ever wanted to get windows, go with Andersen. I had been looking at their ads since then and I decided to go with them. Plus a friend of mine got a patio door and a couple windows done in her living room. So, she loved it. I looked at hers and I liked it.

The first guy that came out and interviewed me was a very good representative. He was a very nice young man. He was knowledgeable, very hospitable and helpful. Any questions that I asked, he was welcome and open to all of them. He explained everything to me, how to open and close, lock, pull-down and all of that stuff.

In my rec room, I had a small window in there and a sliding glass window, and up above that is my bedroom where I had two bedroom windows done there. The timeline was convenient for me because I’m a school bus driver and I was on winter break then. They came in and they said, “What about New Year’s Eve?” And I said, “That’s fine.” He said, “You don’t have any plans?” It worked out. I didn’t have any plans so it was fine for me. I was already off, so it was very convenient. They cleaned up everything. They put the plastic on the walkway. They didn’t bother me not one bit. I didn’t even know they were there. I sat in the kitchen doing my mail. It was very quick. Everything was fantastic.

Renewal by Andersen response

Hi Beverly- We are so happy to hear about your experience! We are so happy you are happy. Thank you!

Original review: Feb. 17, 2020

We were given the price of the replacements for our upstair windows and we felt pressured that we had to accept the price they offered right then and there, otherwise it would have cost more if we would wait. On their commercials it says no pressure and that the offer is good for one year.

Renewal by Andersen response

Hi Mark- I am sorry to hear about your sales experience, I will pass this information along to the team! Thank you!

Original review: Feb. 16, 2020

Renewal By Andersen claims to be another arm of Andersen Windows. I am not sure this is really the case. Let's jump to the end. Closer asks me “is there any reason you will not sign the contract right now?” My response, ”other than that I am not STUPID and don’t make RASH DECISIONS, no!” Then I showed him the door.

Okay let's back up some. The closer gives us a pitch, walks the house with his tablet picking windows for each of my 13 double hungs, and a couple of large Palladian windows. Closer spends 10 minutes of my wife and my time ignoring us and working hard on his tablet. Then he shows me a number…Fifty Three Thousand dollars. No detail showing what I get for 53K. Immediately he drops the price ten grand and asks me the question above and is shown the door.

He would not itemize anything. How much the big and small DH or the nonopening DH cost… How many of each he bid, No breakdown for the 10x8 or 8x6 Palladians. No information on the windows… In fact this closer (said he was with Renewal by Andersen for 3 years) did not know what the U-Factor is. Not that he did not know the U factor specs for his windows he just quoted me, but I am sure this closer did not even know what U-Factor IS. This much I did get from his presentation.

1) The frames the windows are in (including inside molding and outside brick molding and sill (most likely places for windows to leak) will not be touched.
    2) Just the minimal old window (the glass and the part holding the glass) is replaced.
    3) All of their installers are drug tested, but he could not tell me if the installers were their installers or day laborers or contractors.
    4) No information regarding insurance, the company licensing here in my city.

5) No itemized offer was provided.

I do not trust this company to do any kind of waterproofing, or guarantee of damage caused by not doing the replacement right. I would never hire them or recommend them. Phil **, Duluth GA, Feb 2020.

Renewal by Andersen response

Hi Phil- I am sorry to hear about your experience. I will pass your feedback to the correct team. We hope you find a window replacement option that works best for you and your wife. Thank you!

Renewal by Andersen expert review by Joseph Truini

With locations across the United States, Renewal by Andersen, a division of Anderson Corporation, offers start-to-finish window and door replacement with a focus on energy efficiency.

• Windows: Renewal by Andersen offers a variety of window styles including picture, sliding, awning, casement and bay. The company also offers 15 different styles of specialty windows with custom options.

• Patio doors: Renewal by Andersen has several styles of patio doors to choose from including hinged French patio doors and sliding doors. The company offers free consultation with a representative.

• Product visualizer: Renewal by Andersen’s product visualizer takes a picture of your home and superimposes a custom window over it, allowing you to see how a new window would look before you purchase.

• Mobile app: The company’s mobile app generates a 3D model of your home based on pictures you upload. You can then visualize different styles of windows all around your home.

• Best for: homeowners who need to replace windows or patio doors in their home.

by Joseph Truini Home Improvement Contributing Editor

Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.

Renewal by Andersen Company Information