4.2/5 (247 ratings)
Shop Now
Call Now Toll Free

About Renewal by Andersen

Renewal by Andersen is a full-service manufacturer and installer of replacement windows and doors. Windows are custom-built, professionally installed and backed by a strong warranty. The company offers free in-home consultations to go over your needs and design options. Renewal by Andersen is located in more than 100 U.S. markets and has installed nearly 3 million windows.

Pros

• Customized orders
    • Free in-home consultation
    • Warranty covers installation
    • Financing available

Cons

• Three to seven weeks to manufacture
    • Can be expensive

Bottom Line

Renewal by Andersen offers long-lasting replacement windows with a strong warranty and excellent customer reviews. It has a variety of styles and custom sizes available. Schedule a free consultation for more information.

Top Renewal by Andersen Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

The installers from Renewal by Andersen were nice people and it was great dealing with them. ... The double-hung windows appear to be functioning as designed. They look nice and t...

Verified

We had them once before to change a slider in our family room and we were so impressed with the work that when we decided to have other work done, we called them again. We had a w...

What is Renewal by Andersen?

Renewal by Andersen is Andersen Corporation’s full-service replacement window division. The company assists homeowners through every step of the process, from helping choose windows to installing them.

To get started with Renewal by Andersen, schedule an in-person or virtual consultation with a sales representative to learn more about your options. Its representatives help you choose the best material, style and color for your home and provide pricing options.

Once you’ve selected your windows, the company measures sizes and manufactures your new windows. The new windows are installed by a team of professional technicians. Once the windows are installed, they’re protected by a transferable 20-year warranty on glass and Fibrex materials, a two-year warranty on the installation and a 10-year warranty on hinges, locks and other components.

Renewal by Andersen products and features

Renewal By Andersen provides custom replacement windows and expert installation. Windows are made from Fibrex material, which is durable and allows for narrower frames and more energy-efficient glass. Customers can choose from different colors, grille patterns and hardware finishes.

Renewal by Andersen’s products include:

• Double-hung windows
    • Casement windows
    • Bay and bow windows
    • Picture windows
    • Sliding windows
    • Specialty windows
    • Awning windows

It sells double-hung windows in several styles, including with larger upper or lower sashes. Bay and bow windows have four, five or six windows, with the option to add a window seat.

Renewal by Andersen offers a range of energy-efficient glass options to prevent heating and cooling loss and block up to 95% of UV rays. Insect screens are included on every operable window. The company also offers a range of grille patterns to enhance the look and style of the home or match the existing architecture. Grille materials include aluminum and hardwood.

Renewal by Andersen installation services

The purchase of Renewal by Andersen windows includes professional installation. After the windows are manufactured, a crew of Certified Master Installers will install them. First the old windows are removed, and the framing is inspected for damage. The opening is cleaned and prepared, and the installers install the window. Then the frame is insulated and sealed. Finally, the trim is replaced, and the installers perform a final inspection.

Installation includes cleanup of the area disposal of the old windows. Installers will walk you through a product demonstration, share cleaning and maintenance tips and answer any questions. Renewal by Andersen includes a two-year warranty on installation.

Renewal by Andersen cost

The cost of your replacement windows or door varies based on size, style and customization options. The only way to receive accurate pricing for its windows is through a consultation.

The company runs promotions on its website frequently. Typically, if you purchase more than one product, such as multiple windows, you receive a discount.

Its financing options include deferred payments, monthly payments and lines of credit up to $55,000.

Renewal by Andersen FAQ

Is Renewal by Andersen expensive?
    Compared with other manufacturers and installers, Renewal by Andersen trends on the higher side. However, it’s known to make higher-quality windows and offer a more comprehensive warranty.
    What is the difference between Andersen Windows and Renewal by Andersen?
    Andersen Windows offers doors and windows for sale at hardware stores and independent dealers. Renewal by Andersen is a full-service division of the same company that manufactures and installs replacement windows.
    How long do Renewal by Andersen windows last?
    Windows installed by Renewal by Andersen are protected by a 20-year warranty on glass and Fibrex material and a 10-year warranty on other components. Its windows often last longer than the warranty terms.
    How long does it take to get Renewal by Andersen windows?
    Depending on the season, it may take three to seven weeks for your windows to be manufactured. The installation is typically completed within a day.
    What is the warranty on Renewal by Andersen windows?
    Renewal by Andersen windows come with a 20-year limited warranty on the glass and Fibrex material, including the frame, sash and exterior grilles. Other components, such as locks and hinges, are covered for up to 10 years. Installation is covered for two years.

Is Renewal by Andersen worth it?

Renewal by Andersen is an excellent company for those looking for high-quality, durable replacement windows. Its windows typically cost more than competitors’ products, so the company is a good choice for those who prioritize quality over cost. It’s a full-service company, so purchasing the windows and scheduling installation is easy and efficient. Renewal by Andersen backs its products and installation with an extensive warranty that protects your investment.

Renewal by Andersen Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Renewal by Andersen?

Original review: Aug. 3, 2021

I saw a TV commercial where Renewal by Andersen was offering discounts. That prompted me to call because at the time, my wife and I were in the market to get a new door. We purchased a front door and a sliding glass patio door. The salesperson was excellent. We were convinced to do Renewal by Andersen because he was very straightforward and offered tons of options. The professionalism showed by the salesperson was unmatched by the competition. The timeline was reasonable and expected and industry standard. We understood that they don't carry those in inventory necessarily.

When they give you the quote, they assume it's a custom job. After the sale, the project manager came in to see if they could make it fit a standard door. He did the detailed measurements of the door. We were able to save some money because he was able to confirm that the door could fit into a standard setting. It didn't have to be customized. They explained that they do it that way so as not to shock the customer. The hand-off from the project manager to the team wasn't perfect, but the gentleman who was kind of the lead on the install team was excellent. It rained really bad that day but they were completely prepared.

The installation was subcontracted out but I was very impressed with the team. The were stellar. They knew what they needed to get done. The only negative was the scheduling of the job. They called and told us the installation would happen on a Thursday. We said, "No. We were told we'd be able to pick a date." We worked it out and the flexibility to do it on Saturday was key for us because we wouldn't have been able to work in the house if we did it during the week.

The other advantage to that crew was that they realized that they were ahead of schedule and that they were going to be able to do the first coating of the stain. They were able to call their painter. He was going to come on Monday to start the painting job but he was able to start it on Saturday. He matched it perfectly to our family room. We're very happy both with the quality and the installation. Renewal by Andersen delivered. We'll certainly look at them if we ever get to the point to replace any of our windows.

Renewal by Andersen response

Hey John! Thank you so much for your feedback we appreciate it. It was great working with you on this project and we do apologize for any hiccups that occurred along the way, thank you for trusting our team to work through them with you. Please don't hesitate to reach out in the future.

Get buying tips about Windows and Doors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 18, 2021

I had Pella windows before, but they were leaking after 15 years, so I was not thrilled with them. I decided on Renewal by Andersen when the lady came and talked to me about the 20-year guarantee. To get a 20-year guarantee of anything nowadays is unheard of. I got 13 double-hung windows and one slider door. There were at least five people who came out for the installation, and they were very attentive to me. Any questions that I had, they were able to answer. They told me the job would be done in a day, and it was. They also took all the old windows out with them. However, they put in the incorrect door in the slider. I've been working with a gentleman named Tom, and he said someone will come out and replace it, so I'm waiting for the new door to come in.

Shop around a little more than I did to see if there's something just as good. Renewal by Andersen was a lot more expensive than I thought it was going to be, and we'll see in the next five years if it was worth the expense. Right now, I can definitely feel the difference in the temperature of the house. I have my thermostat between 73 and 75. Sometimes, I go all the way up to 76 because I get cold, and it doesn't seem like the hot air is coming in. I sit in the study where the afternoon sun is directly hitting me and I don't get as warm as I used to. Truly, I used to think that I was having a heart attack because it was so hot in here when the sun came in. That's not true anymore because of the guards that they have in the windows. I'm very pleased with it.

Renewal by Andersen response

Hi Jennifer! Thank you for taking the time to leave us this feedback it is great to hear you are noticing a difference in the temperature of your home! We apologize for the inconvenience in regards to your slider and we hope the replacement meets your needs! We appreciate your trust in our team!

Original review: June 14, 2021

Sergei and Andrew, the installers, were amazing. We asked to have them back because they did such a good job a year ago. Ryan was our sales rep and we reached out to him at the time we thought the price point would be better. He was helpful a year ago when we used them and he was similarly knowledgeable and helpful. He reminded us that good things come in fours with Renewal by Andersen. We did a little more than we thought we would because we had a group of three that was going to be a year from now project. We decided, given the typical pattern of sales, to do it all this year. But the best part by far was the install team and their professionalism, their care for our place, clean-up, the way they covered things as they came in the door and worked through the house. They finished early and everything was wrapped up well.

We installed the product in our previous home in Arden Hills over a period of about four years. We redid the windows there four at a time but when we moved into this place, the windows were 20 years old and they were coming apart in places around the edges. We could have done it cheaper by having someone replace the wooden frames around the windows but we were so convinced that the Andersen product and the Fibrex framing stuff were worth the extra money.

We're very satisfied customers. The thing that trips up some people is the price point. There are other options that are less expensive, but the quality of the product and the quality of service was worth the extra. In our previous house, Renewal by Andersen contacted us out of the blue to replace four windows that they discovered that had a defect in them in the manufacturing. They came and replaced them at no charge. So, we've had experience with the guarantee and that they stand behind things matters for us as well.

Renewal by Andersen response

Hi James! Thank you for your feedback, we are happy to hear about your experience with our team. Please don't hesitate to reach out in the future with any questions!

Original review: June 1, 2021

A few months ago, I put in a request to have an estimate for windows, and a bunch of companies contacted me, including Renewal by Andersen. Prior to that, I've seen their commercials on TV. I thought they were a reputable company. The representative that came and took measurements of the window seemed to be professional. There was no pressure to purchase a window right away. She gave us a lot of options and good paint to go with.

The installation went good. This was in the springtime, and they scheduled three days for the installation. I think the schedule was too tight. They couldn't finish on the third day. Instead of Renewal by Andersen, having them come back on Monday, they were trying to get somebody else to come finish the work. Those people that installed it initially did not show up until two weeks later, and it was because of the way they had their schedule.

Other than that, they are very nice windows. They glide very easily. The screen is exceptionally nice. If we compare it to a regular screen, it's a lot more thinner. So, visibility through the windows is a lot more clear. Everything was good. If they can work on scheduling the people installing the windows, I think that will help. Also, Renewal by Andersen has been in business for a long time. When they remove old windows, there's a chance the wood underneath is rotted out. I think they need to make revision for that to be fixed at that same time and not wait weeks or months to have somebody else come fix it before they finish the install.

Renewal by Andersen response

Hi Martin! Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback on your experience. We are happy to hear that you are enjoying your new windows. All of your feedback as been passed along for review - we appreciate your honesty and suggestions!

Original review: March 15, 2021

Rich, the rep from Renewal by Andersen spent almost three hours with us because we had to two different locations that we were going to do. Then one of the locations, we weren't going to do until maybe three or four months from now. But he was so thorough in explaining 'cause we didn't know what the best application was, like which window or product would suit us. Then every question that I had, he went over it again.

Once we got a ballpark on one location, we told him what we were going to do on the other one and asked him to give us a quote on it. He did the same thing with that, which was a totally different application and totally different kinds of products. So, we were talking about doors, windows, sliding glass doors, and replacing existing stuff. It was a very complex conversation.

We asked Rich if we could negotiate a better deal if we were doing both locations at the same time. Each one of them was about 30,000 and when you put them together, it was 60,000. The budget was about $4,000 less than what the total number was. So he said that he would ask his supervisor. Rich called back again and they were able to do something. It was still about $1,500 more than what I wanted to spend. I asked him if they could figure out a way to come up with this difference because it was a lot of money. Then within an hour, what the supervisor ended up telling Rich was that he had sharpened his pencil as much as he possibly could, that the only other solution was that the person would take a lesser commission on the sale and he agreed to absorb whatever that incremental difference was between our budget and what Renewal could do.

I felt very comfortable and confident that the quote Renewal gave me was a good deal for the both of us. Even though he spent that much time, I didn't feel bad that Rich had to take it out of his own pocket because he spent the time anyhow. If we did the deal, he would get something and if we didn't do the deal or half the deal, he'd get half anyhow.

We had replacement windows, top of the line, the best that they could do. We had two windows that have screens on that slide back and forth that we put into a wall that didn't have windows before. We had 13 replacement windows and these two windows on one location that we had. Then on the second location, we had three sliding glass doors put in, a 16-foot, a 12-foot, and an eight-foot, and then we had a kitchen window replaced that opens out. The cost was expensive. But you get what you pay for. It was probably 20% more than what anybody else was. But these things are gorgeous and efficient. They're perfect. There's nothing that I would change about them.

If you want quality and if you want the best, there's nobody who does it better than Renewal by Andersen. The customer service, the workers, the people who did the installation are extraordinarily competent. I was here while they were putting in the wall and they measured two and three times. Everything was precise and they didn't cut corners.

Renewal by Andersen response

Hi Sandra, Thank you so much for leaving us your feedback, we are delighted to hear how happy you are with your new windows and doors! It was our pleasure working with you on this project, thank you for choosing Renewal!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2022

Everybody did what they said they were gonna do and they were pleasant to deal with. They came in, did the job and cleaned up.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2022

I had this company out to quote on a new sliding glass door. The sales person was professional and had samples and answered most questions I had, but this company is clearly looking to relieve you of every dollar they can. After spending way too much time on irrelevant details he finally got to a price for the door, over $13,000 for a sliding glass door. Essentially the same standard door I have currently but with their "superior" materials. When I thanked the guy and said we'll think about it he relentlessly badgered me about signing up with them that same day for added savings.. When I persisted I must review with my wife he starts aggressively slashing the price. Magically, he worked it down to $7,000 and a special financing package...

This should not happen. A salesman should accept the client's wishes and desire to review their BEST price upfront, not soak you with an outrageous price and only lower it when the client refuses to accept it initially. This is clearly the company strategy as the guy had every response and lower/better price ready and waiting. What a sham. Never again. Warning to you reading.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2022

Initially, solicitous. A window wasn’t accurately measured. Delayed the job completion by 2 months. When correctly measured window supposed to be ready, they scheduled to come install. But, didn’t double check w/ factory. It wasn’t ready & a day of PTO wasted. Second scheduled appt for final install, and they didn’t show up. Called them, and was told I was wrong because I didn’t wait 30 min for installers (who were late). Had to get to work. Third time, after complaining to supervisors about attitude I got, and insisting they accommodate my schedule - they did. The complete installation took 4 months. Now the upper windows will slide down, and I can’t fasten the window closed. You need one person to hold the upper window in place while a second person slides the lower one in place and fastens the window. Seriously? Closing a window takes two people? With Andersen’s windows it does.

Renewal by Andersen response

Hi Lisa, I just spoke with our team in Salt Lake. They have a service appointment with you today and are working hard to find a solution for your large double-hung window over your sink that is difficult to lock with one hand. I'll continue to follow up with the location so that you are taken care of.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2022

We ordered our windows & patio doors from Renewal by Andersen in August 2021 and by the contract they were going to install them by second week of December (13 weeks) but week before someone called and said “we didn’t have your orders in the truck” which was really unprofessional and dumb excuse and then she tried to explain about shortages and which was understandable if they called us 1-2 months before.

I called the Salesperson who made the contract and he told us he will email the regional manager find out what's going on but it's been 4 weeks & he or nobody didn’t call us back and he doesn’t answer his phones. I called concierge on Jan 5th 2022 and asked them “what's going on” but still they are expecting some parts and nobody know when they will receive them. I told them l really need to speak regional manager or one of the corporate managers but it's been more than a week still nothing.

Per our contract, job should be done in 13 weeks and due the weather conditions it might delay but they pass their due date 4 weeks and still nobody call us and tell us anything. Their products might be good but Zero customer service and nobody gives any information about orders because nobody knows anything. We also need to change our floors but since patio doors not installed yet we couldn’t install the floors. There is no words to explain our amount of stress. We are considering to get a lawyer and cancel entire project with them.

Renewal by Andersen response

Hi Gokhan, I'm very sorry to hear about the delay and the lack of communication on our part. We are working hard to deliver the experience our customers deserve despite the supply chain challenges. I'm going to reach out to the team to have them get you an update asap.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2022

Very disappointed in our Renewal by Andersen experience. Their installation was messy and unprofessional. Right off the bat, the windows did not latch properly. The first service call reported the windows were not aligned, however when they sent a 'more knowledgeable' repairman for the second service call, he said they were fine. Perhaps this foreshadowed the issues I now have this winter. Extreme frost buildup on all my second-story double-hung windows. 6/8 windows installed have frost buildup between the window and the screen. The third service call attempted to caulk and seal the windows. This did not fix the problem. The fourth service call resulted in them telling me this issue was due to the high efficiency of the windows. The frost build-up was normal.

Work orders and 'bulletins' from corporate to the repairmen are apparently 'confidential'. I am not allowed to have any paperwork documenting the work they did on the product I paid an insane amount of money for. So after trying to fix the issue, they now say it is normal, even though second, third, and fourth opinions tell me otherwise. So now I have windows, less efficient than the original ones I replaced. The company has washed their hands of me.

Renewal by Andersen Company Information