Call toll free
4.27/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Renewal by Andersen is the full-service window-replacement division of 114-year-old Andersen Corporation, the owner of the most trusted family of window brands in America.

Renewal was founded with a mission to redefine the industry and to offer a different—and better—window-replacement experience.

Renewal by Andersen’s Signature Service is committed to giving you the best customer experience possible, through the perfect combination of the best people in the industry, a superior process, and an exclusive product.

Renewal by Andersen Video
A+BBB Rating
"Outstanding Customer Satisfaction with Windows and Patio Doors" J.D. Power
View More View More

242 Renewal by Andersen Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

From the start, we had such a great experience with Scottie our sales rep providing information and working with us to provide the best windows for my house. When the installation crew showed up, I was greeted and did a walk-thru with the lead man, Chris and then the crew got started. Chris and his crew did a fantastic job! They take pride in their work, and the results are amazing.

Get expert buying tips about Windows and Doors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

We just bought this house and its windows were old and falling apart. We decided to replace 11 windows and we went with Renewal by Andersen. Their reputation was excellent and when we looked at reviews, they were extremely positive. They also offered the kind of windows we wanted. We got slide windows, a really big picture window, and our slider in our living room. Renewal by Andersen's reps were very prompt with the replacement and the woman we worked with was very knowledgeable. She was a great salesperson and made us confident that we were getting a good product and that the installation would be a good one. The installers were professional and clean, too. They did a good job and we love the windows. They're great.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

Our original windows in the house were all from Renewal by Andersen. I saw an advertisement in the Sunday newspaper that they were having a special and I got a front picture window with the two sides cranked out. First of all, a gentleman had made an appointment to come with me to explain what they would do and how they would do it. Thereafter, the next gentleman that came measured the window. The day the two gentlemen came to put the window in, they constructed it right out in the driveway. It was quite interesting because they put up weighted poles in my living room. Then they had a huge sheet of heavy plastic and blocked off this area where they would be working so that dust and debris wouldn’t go on to the rest of my house. I was pleased with the quality of their work. The installation went very smoothly and they got the window in.

There was a misunderstanding, however, and it was on my part. They were asking what kind of wood I wanted the window would be made from. I had somebody come and the gentleman looked around my house and said, “Well, it looks like you have walnut. It’s a dark wood.” He asked me if I wanted walnut and I told him that that would be fine as I wanted the windows to match. But when the window was completed, there was no stain on it.

One of the window people said that the window was made out of walnut wood and that I had to stain it. So what I should have done was to have pine because it would have been a less expensive wood and still it would have stain. He said they had a gentleman that would come out and stain it for me but I said I could handle that. But as it turned out, I hired it done. Also, the gentleman that did the staining was a friend of my son, so I felt comfortable with him. That friend does a lot of windows and he said the window by Andersen was of really nice quality

My only bad experience was this window was put in on the 20th, and I came home on Christmas afternoon and I could see my curtain blowing. I went over there and there was a huge crack in one side window and it went all the way through, so I was losing heat out of that. I was a little worried if they were gonna be able to do the window and how much heat I was gonna lose when they took the original window out and put it in. So I found some cardboard and taped over it although I knew that wasn’t gonna work very long. Christmas was on a Monday, so I called on a Tuesday and they weren’t back from the holiday.

When I finally talked with them, the rep said they couldn't come until the 27th of January and that they don’t send people out unless there are two jobs in the same area. But it needed to be done as it was unacceptable. So my kids came over and they padded up the window better and put some weather stripping around it. Although I wasn’t really happy about that, that helped prevent the loss of heat. My son was looking from the side at the window and he said the reason why it cracked was because up at the top, it was very close to the back of the house or to the back of the window. The window came down at an angle so it was farther away at the bottom of the frame than it was at the top. My son said there was a lot of tension on that and probably with the cold weather, it just cracked.

I had to wait until January although the Andersen team came a week earlier. It was from December 25th to January 20th that they came back and a gentleman repaired the window. He said the new one will be straight. He added some shins in there to give it room to contract and expand a bit. He looked at the other side window which was straight but he said he was gonna put the shins in anyway to give it a little room to breathe and move. So, I was happy about that then. But overall, it was a $4,800 job even though it was all on sale. We had some flaws along the way but other than the big crack, I'm still very satisfied with Renewal by Andersen.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

Hearing about Renewal by Andersen through good advertisement has helped when I chose them for a front door purchase. I also like their professional installation. They gave me a timeline for how long the door replacement would take and it really extended past that. It took a couple of weeks longer but I really didn't care that much on that. Still, communication about the readiness of the door could have been improved. If they were gonna be delayed, I wish I would have been informed of that.

I felt like the sales person wanted to get the sale and then after that, it was not as easy to get information. Despite that, once the installers came by, I was really happy. They did a very professional job, they were very nice and the door was installed really well. However, I would like to make a request. I have Andersen windows in my home and I have a sliding glass door. And I wanted to hire them to do more work but they could not do that. That for me was a disappointment because I would have really liked to pay somebody to install the sliding doors that I recently purchased.

I also have a couple of questions regarding the door that I purchased from Renewal by Andersen and the follow-up is not that great. I elected to paint the door myself and I wanted to know what material goes around the glass part of the door so I'd know what paint to purchase if it needs to be primed. I flat out disliked the color, so if that color cannot be painted over, I need to know what options I have to get that changed as it does not match my house. And again, the salesman didn't care.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

The consultant from Renewal by Andersen came over and was able to explain to us very briefly the kind of product that we were going to get. We liked the way he explained it to us and that made us decide that it was the right product to get. We considered other brands, but we went with the quality of the materials that Renewal is using. That was one of the points that we were really considering, something that's reliable, and we were hoping that the company is also reliable that if I have a problem in the future, they will be able to service me and guarantee the product that they are using.

The time frame they provided to complete the installation was accurate. The people that installed the window and the patchy door were really professional and knew what they were doing. They laid out the coverings on the floor so that when they were done, everything was clean. They removed everything that they used and cleaned up the places where they were working. The quality of the replacement windows was good. It has a good sound barrier. I still stay in the place where they worked in because I have to do painting and the sound is not too much in the inside, so it was good and as if it was done the same windows that I had before. I would recommend Renewal by Andersen. As matter of fact, I had recommended them to one of the friends that I know.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Renewal by Andersen?

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

I was looking at a few window retailers and I was gonna call Pella and Wallside. Then I happened to call Andersen and my interaction with their rep was a positive one. There was no high pressure. He told me that the price was the price and that they didn’t haggle. He also said that if I signed up that day, I’d get an additional discount. I paid right away and the other half of the price is due in December of 2019.

I purchased the double-hung windows and the installers showed up on time to put them up. They did a fantastic job. They said the installation might take a day and a half but the installers got done in one day. They also took off some fixtures and blinds that were a bit higher that I couldn’t get to and I appreciated that. Then they put them back. They were very polite and professional, too. So far, I've only had the Renewal by Andersen windows going on a year but I could tell a difference in the winter. The windows weren’t fogging up and it seemed a bit more comfortable in the house at the same temperature we had before with the old windows.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

We had to have our front window of the house replaced because it was the original window when the house was built 51 years ago. The wood was rotting on the outside. We went with a new bow window from Renewal by Andersen and it's wonderful. I've always seen the commercials and we would rather go with Renewal by Andersen than Evergreen or any other competitor. Renewal has a better name and quality. However, the guy that was gonna come out to do the measurements never showed up. Also, when I tried calling the customer service number, I never got a hold of anybody that day and kept getting the recording. I have a part-time job and I was calling them from work. I was getting very frustrated because no one was answering my calls and letting me know why the guy never showed up. Someone called me the next day and they scheduled someone to come out right away the following Tuesday.

When the man came out, he apologized. He said that they were in the process of replacing their software program and it never showed up on their schedule that they were supposed to come out. The guy who came out to do the measurements and the crew that they sent out to put in the window were fantastic. Within five hours, they were done with everything. They also cleaned up everything and took away. It was in the middle of December but the weather cooperated. It was a beautiful day that Saturday and everything worked out well. We're very satisfied. I'm especially happy with it because now, I have three of our front windows opened up. I can get fresh air in the house without too much of a problem. Also, when the windows are closed, you can't hear anything. We live on Route 64 which is a state highway and there's always a lot of traffic.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

I purchased sliders from Renewal by Andersen upon the prompting of my wife and we liked the overall quality of the products that we received from them. The reps were forthcoming and answered all the questions that I had. The installation process was very quick and painless. They had given us a timeline on how long our window replacement would take and they completed it on time. I’m gonna buy more windows and I'd like to know what kind of discounts they're gonna have in December.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

My brother-in-law bought some Andersen windows and put them in himself. They were great, so I figured I'd get Andersen windows as well. I had my windows put in and they were outstanding. I also had my windows put in in the front door and back door or storm door and everything was great. There were two different times for the installation but each time, they took just one day for each contract. I did it when I had the money. I had the windows put in then the doors. A rep came, measured, and gave me a date. Then the others came in and they were great too. The two fellas were outstanding, courteous, and cleaned up. I had the same guys put in my windows as my doors, and everything went smoothly.

The quality of the windows and doors are top of the line. The only thing I had to call Andersen on was when the sliding door wasn't catching. I told their rep and the rep got a hold of someone. All it took was one little adjustment then it was no problem. I also had another little thing on the front porch. My caulking on the door around it was a different color. I called Andersen about that too and they came and remedied the whole thing. They put a whole new section in there it matched the caulking. Everything went great.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

I was looking for the composite windows specifically. I didn't want vinyl anymore because I had it and I like the composite idea better than the fiberglass, and Renewal by Andersen is the only one that has it. The salesman was good. I wasn't high pressured by any means. I didn't feel like he tried and got me at the end by offering a little more of a discount if I have ordered right then. Also, he knew what he was talking about. I like that he had the samples there to look at and I'm sure they were the best of the best and were perfectly functioning.

I didn't like the pricing though. I didn't do enough research on exactly how much it would cost because they were such a wide range and I didn't know what I was gonna get. I had ballparks very close to the price that I was given but then, a thousand or two is what I thought it would cost but it wasn't. They said the price they gave me was their best price. I didn't like to negotiate. I signed on the dotted line and got the windows. As I started more and more research and as I'm looking now, I way overpaid for them even though the windows are of good quality.

I got 10 windows from Renewal by Andersen and they told me that it would take four to six weeks for the windows to be replaced. My wife was there during the installation and she has no complaints at all. She said it was easy. It only took one day for the installers to install the windows. Unfortunately, I just sold the house last week, but I would love to rip the windows out and take it because they're solid and much better than what I had in my new house wherein I immediately noticed the sound and the heat transfer, which was important to me because I've seen a lot of heat through the windows. I was very happy with the windows from Renewal by Andersen.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

It seemed like it was gonna be a quality installation with Renewal by Andersen and I had experience with their products in the past. We had a sales representative come out, make their pitch and we decided to go with the windows. Shortly after that, another gentleman came out and did the detailed estimate. Then, we had the three installers come out. Everybody seemed very professional and down-to-earth. There was no hard sale, and the installers were excellent. There were things in the house which were not necessarily level. The installers were able to level everything out and make it look like was even wrong inside or out. They did an excellent job.

We got the double hung windows and the windows don't lock partly open, which was one of the things that we were hoping for. We have looked at the windows a couple of times, and there was nothing there to lock them. It's what we believe the way we should have received it and maybe they didn’t get put on or missing something. I was gonna contact the sales person and find out about it, but I just haven't gotten around to it. It was not a huge deal, but in the summer time, that was inconvenient. The cost was reasonable and overall, the product was very good but for what I spent, I might have been able to get a better install from another company.

Renewal by Andersen response

Hi John: I am sorry to hear you are having issues/have questions about your new windows. If you'd be willing to message us with your contact information, including ZIP, I can certainly have our service team give you a call. You can also email me directly at megan at andersencorp dot com. Thank you!

Original review: Aug. 26, 2018

I walked by Renewal by Andersen’s booth at The Big E last year and I talked to them. The rep I worked with from Renewal by Andersen was polite and very knowledgeable. He spent close to two hours talking with me. I bought the double-hung windows and the installation was completed within the timeline provided. I felt so bad for the installers out as it was minus 7 degrees during the installation but they did what they were supposed to do very quickly. They were very professional and they did a great job. Since I live in a historic house, the window replacement had to be custom-made. From the outside, they look identical to the old windows that were on the house which is a big deal. I wish I could afford to do the other 30. The difference that these windows made this winter was huge and amazing.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

We needed a Patio door and Renewal by Andersen has been around for a long time. Their reps were all great and knew what they were doing. Anything I needed to get done, they got it done. They completed the project within the timeline they gave us. It took six weeks for them to come out and the installation was great. The installers were fast and finished in three hours. Moreover, the work was good. We had gotten French doors that open like regular doors. Its quality is great. If something wasn't working properly, they came out within two days to fix it, which was good. I would recommend Andersen to anybody, over a lot of companies.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

I had 20 windows which slides left to right and some sliding doors done by Renewal by Andersen. It was the resale value of the name on the window that made us go with them. Their rep gave us a quote and told us everything that was gonna happen, which went pretty much as he said. I made a big deal in telling them that I needed it done right, and they sent who they said was their best guy out. He might’ve had one other guy with him one day. But for the most part, it was just him and he was great. Although the sliding glass door is questionable, the windows are great. If anybody could go with Renewal by Andersen, do it.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

I had damage to the sills and a little bit of damage to the mullions. The weather sealing was failing too so I needed a full window replacement. However, the company that provided the old window went out of business and any repair parts were unavailable. We had a sales rep come out who impressed us the product. Then, we had a window guy come out to double check the measurements and got a double-hung from Renewal by Andersen. But we had a one-week slippage from the original schedule because it was downpour. And unfortunately, the day that the replacement was done was the coldest day of the year. It was below zero and with two guys working on this huge window open to the outside in my house, we were freezing. But things went smoothly. They did do the job within the time frame that they said it would take. However, I had to have them come back and fix a piece of siding that was not properly nailed in place.

Other than that, I like how the windows are easy to clean and that they open and close smoothly. And overall, I’m pretty well satisfied with Renewal by Andersen. The one drawback that was a major concern is the price. They are substantially more expensive than some of the competitors. But what sold me is the fact that I got a discounted price and the quality of the manufacturer. So for those who'd ask about Renewal by Andersen, I'd say wait for a sale and make sure to do it early in the season.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

Door handle and hinges aren't a matching set. Door will not stay in open position after install. Handle is not as depicted and hinges have some pink hue to them. Complained multiple times and same excuse was used about everyone being at a conference out of state. Salesman out on surgical leave. We just want the handles and hinges to match. Contact said they could paint them so they match. Drop $8K on one window you expect better. NOT GOOD!!

Renewal by Andersen response

Hi Paul: Thank you for reaching out to us. I am sorry to hear about this, and sorry to hear you are having difficulties getting someone to address your problem. If you would be so kind as to email me with your contact information (including ZIP), I would be happy to look into this for you directly. You can reach me at megan at andersencorp dot com. Thank you!

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

With Renewal by Andersen, you’re paying a premium for the product. And dealing with them was very positive. Their professionalism and knowledge of the product are very good. When we changed the order, the rep was able to keep all the terms and financing the same. Then the installation team came in, installed the double-hung windows, and cleaned up. They were highly efficient.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

The Renewal by Andersen rep was a very pleasant young man and he told us everything we needed to know. He answered any questions that we had and he did a great presentation. We liked the workmanship of it and their lifetime guarantee. Then they gave us a timeline and kept with it and the installation went smoothly. I’m very satisfied with the work they’ve done. The two guys that installed those patio doors did a great job and they were very diligent about cleaning up afterward. They did it very quickly even though the weather was messy outside. I’m very happy with it.

Thank you, Jerry!

Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

The reviews online for Renewal by Andersen were good and the products were exceptionally good so I got one picture window and three double-hung windows from them. We had a little bit of a snag at the start, but Renewal sent a slightly more talented team that came out and they handled everything very professionally. They were very conscientious about my concerns and their clean-up was superb. They were upfront about everything and quite prompt in getting it finished. So, it was a very good experience. Cost-wise, the windows were pricey but I’m pleased with the quality and it will help the resale value of my house when that time comes. Also, those windows are helping my heating and cooling bills. I shop carefully and Renewal was at the top level. That was the quality I expected to pay for. They are worth the price and I recommend them.

Renewal by Andersen response

Thanks for sharing your experience with us, Janet! Providing first class customer service is most important to us so we love to hear how we did! Pleased to hear that you are pleased! Thanks again!

Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

I looked at two different manufacturers, Renewal by Andersen and Pella. I liked that the Andersen windows were made of rigid Fibrex material and not to mention the 20-year transferable warranty. I replaced all of the windows in the second story of my home plus two of the windows downstairs. Andersen's rep was awesome too. He was very clear about everything and all seemed accurate. I appreciate the straightforward approach as that's very important to me. He had all the information on the windows. He brought specific demo windows with him, put on a good show and explained to me just how well his windows were. It was just that the windows were a little pricey.

Andersen was pretty accurate with the timeline and they even scheduled it between Christmas and New Year’s. The installers were very professional too. The one thing they kept thanking me for was the heater. I was surprised they didn’t have one with them. They would come down and sit in front of that heater and warm up for a while and then, they go back out not very cold and continue working.

I watched them briefly while they removed a window and the prep part and insulators around the windows. I wanted extra protection around those windows with the minimal expanding spray foam and silicone. They finished the job on schedule just like they said they would. I watched through every room and looked for obvious problems and debris. They left nothing behind and they cleaned up after themselves. It was as if they weren’t even on site and that to me was impressive. They did a very good job.

I opened all the windows up and closed them and everything seems to be working. There was one little issue that I have with one of the windows though. I noticed when everything was cool down that there was a little bit of moisture on the inside corner of a window. Other than that, I’m very happy with the windows. They tend to keep the heat in and the cold out during the winter and vice versa during the summer. The bedrooms are also much more comfortable now the windows have been replaced.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

Our windows fogged up between the panes within the first 5 years. We did not realize they were under warranty until now. We contacted Andersen and were offered a full price quote on replacements. That's terrible customer service and why would anyone want windows from them after that? Do yourself a favor and buy Pella windows. Andersen is not a reputable company and the manager namely Molly was useless and condescending!

Renewal by Andersen response

Judi: I am sorry to hear about your frustrations. I am happy to look into your case, if you like. If you would email me with your contact information (megan at andersencorp dot com), I will look into it directly! Thank you!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

Salesperson came out with a male trainee, he did his spiel for an hour plus. First ten mins into his speech, the new trainee fell asleep on the couch for 30 mins until the older guy made him go to the truck and sleep, really professional and such a motivated individual wouldn't you think? Haha. Older guy lifts up a huge black suitcase on my new couch. At first I was shocked, I wouldn't do that but didn't say anything. After we were talked into 2 windows were almost 6 grand and I signed the contract I looked at my couch and 3 black tar spots and gray dirt dust all over it where he and the trainee were sitting. I flipped out. Had to steam clean it.

Such professionalism too that the contract misspelled my first and last name and on my husband last name. Really? Downloaded and printed my cancellation form and you have to fax to cancel. You cannot call. The fax number is wrong. Probably a ploy so you cannot cancel and be stuck to pay it all. Called 4 times different phone numbers. No one really in charge! Went to lawyer on this! Called and left 4 message that I refaxed to someone else since number on contract is wrong. Never and wouldn't call us back to confirm the cancellation. Lol. All the way around are not doing a job right, rip off prices. Found same windows install at Window Resources. Saved 5 grand! Unprofessional, lied, and cannot get to the right people. Beware! Glad I came to my senses! Lol. Rated zero but had to give one star.

Renewal by Andersen response

Kayla, thank you for sharing this feedback with us. I am sorry to hear about this--certainly we don't want homeowners to have this sort of experience. I am going to share this review with the manager at our Tulsa location. If you would like me to have them contact you, please let me know. You can message or email directly with the best # to reach you. Thank you!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

Renewal by Andersen in Denver CO - I have been trying to help my Mom with her Andersen order. She ordered a window and a patio door from them, then hoped to cancel one of those. She called and had an awful time reaching anyone in person. When she left messages, no one called her back. I tried, and had the same experience, I had to make multiple calls, all over the place, and lots of emails, just to get their "customer care specialist" to call the customer. They have multiple departments don't coordinate well between them. They completely failed to provide customer service. Their product is overpriced, but I hoped they would provide competent service to compensate for the high price. As the customer's adult daughter, I have had to work very hard to get this company to communicate with their customer. They have been a great disappointment. Don't go with Renewal by Andersen.

Renewal by Andersen response

Thank you, Carolyn, for taking a moment to leave feedback. I am sorry to hear that you and your mother are experiencing furstrations. I want to make sure that your mother gets her request handled and that you are connected with the necessary folks. If you'd be amenable to sending us the contact information/address on the account, I am happy to look into it directly for you. Thank you!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

A representative came to my door and knocked incessantly until I answered. He was egging on my dog through the window so that my dog wouldn't stop barking. I have health issues and am pregnant and was enjoying a much needed Sunday afternoon nap. When I answered the door and told him, "No. Whatever service you are selling, I don't want it. I was asleep. Just... No." The guy called me a "**" then turned and walked away. I told him that was unacceptable and who exactly was he with because I was calling his boss. He wouldn't tell me and actually then ran away from my house. He left a note on the neighbor's door and I recognized the handout and name so I knew it was him. Calling Andersen tomorrow. The guy should be fired because: Let me get this straight. These people come to my house, knock on my door, then call me names with obscenities attached? Double NO for these jerks.

Renewal by Andersen response

Lindsay, I am very sorry to hear about this. Obviously this is not acceptable behavior, and I am appreciative you took the time to reach out. I want to make sure that the appropriate managers are aware of this situation. It would be very helpful if you would be willing to message us or email me directly (megan at andersencorp dot com) with your contact information, including ZIP) so we can address it. (if you are willing to provide a street address, that is even more helpful in tracking down details.) Thank you.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

Andersen was a little bit more expensive than other brands but we chose to go with them for its durability. It also seemed that the quality of the product, overall, was better than the competition. The salesperson was very knowledgeable too. It was not high pressure and he talked with us, not at us. We recommended him to close friends of ours and they ended up buying windows for their home through Andersen as well. That was how much we liked him in terms of how he was interacting with us. It was a good experience.

The installation was fine too. Andersen said it may take two days to do but they were able to get it done in a day. The guys were very courteous in terms of not getting anything dirty and laying things down. They were informative. If something was not right, they fixed it. However, there were a couple of times after they were done that a couple of pieces of vinyl or aluminum was left in the grass that we had to pick up. Other than that, we were very satisfied.

We've had vinyl windows before and this was more of an upscale look for the house and better for resell value as well. We had them done on our second floor and then the kitchen. Majority of the windows were double-hung and there were mono-paned windows as well that had no slider and then a pull-out window in our kitchen. If you take a look at the second floor alone, it is much cooler than it was in the summertime with the old windows. In the winter time, I noticed a huge difference in terms of warmth. They're performing very well and they're good quality windows. I got what I paid for.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

I purchased four 3 ft x 4 ft double hung windows without grills and one 6 ft x 6 ft picture window with safety glass (no grill). The initial verbal quote was approximately $8,700. After the final measurements were made, I was told that the extra stucco work to the exterior would be an additional $600 bringing to total contracted cost up to approximately $9,300. I put a $1,000. deposit on my credit card and signed the agreement.

Imagine my surprise when I later found out that a change order was put through after the fact for an additional $1,600! I did not sign the change order. In fact, the accounting department admitted that it wasn't my signature on the change order which was generated several weeks after the contract was signed and almost a month before the installation date. I tried resolving the dispute with the local Renewal by Andersen office to no avail. I tried going through the financial company that financed the transaction on behalf of Renewal by Andersen, also without success.

The bottom line is that I was told it was not the financial institution's responsibility to verify authenticity of signatures on change orders and I should file a police report. The financial institution just added it to my credit line. In addition, Renewal by Andersen failed to pull the required building permit. My contract said it wasn't needed. I was fined $250 by the City for not having a permit.

After I obtained the building permit, I scheduled an inspection. It was a good thing I did. I didn't think the lathing had been done properly around the picture window and the inspector confirmed that it had to be redone. If the inspector hadn't stopped the work for lack of permit I never would have known. Also, I have never received the final paperwork and warranty information. Found out that by getting the permit myself, I became the "General Contractor" and was now responsible for the quality of the work and any injuries that may have been suffered by the workers.

The widow quality is great but check out the local office thoroughly before buying. My contract showed that the stucco was included in the $9,300. Insist that you get an itemized quote with all charges and not a lump sum total. The contract included a schedule of payments totaling $9,300 including installation and stucco work. Have never been able to get a breakdown of what the extra $1,600 was for. Only an offer to install another window at no additional charge. I don't need another window.

Renewal by Andersen response

Joan: I am sorry to hear about your experience and your frustrations, and want to look into this for you. Would you be so kind as to either message or email me (megan at andersencorp dot com) with your contact information (including ZIP), and I will investigate directly. Thank you!

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

I’ve done some research and the customer satisfaction for Renewal by Andersen was high. They have a good reputation and the product itself was a very good quality. I've had a good interaction with their reps and our salesperson was very thorough. He gave us a lot of options. We purchased a door wall from them and it's like a sliding door. It was a positive experience. We’ve had a lot of different contractors in our house before and these guys from Renewal by Andersen were great. Their work was top-notch and they completed the job within the timeline that they gave. They also cleaned up after themselves and were very efficient. It was the best experience we’ve had somebody working in the house.

I feel good about their cost. The whole thing was on the pricier side of options in general. If we went over to Lowe’s and got something ourselves, we could’ve spent a lot less, but for what we got from Andersen, it was a good value. I would recommend them to people who have it in their budget. Also, if people have a job that they want to be done and done right, and they don’t wanna have to worry about it, I will tell them about Renewal by Andersen as well.

Renewal by Andersen response

Thanks for the great review, Mike! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience, as well as you recommending us to others! Thanks again!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

We have Marvin’s in all the other windows. We had chosen Marvin over Renewal by Andersen because we have a sliding window. And we liked the Marvin better when we put those in. Renewal by Andersen was updating their windows at that time. So, we've replaced all the other windows and we’ve been doing things in bits and pieces. This is the last bit we had and I bought a built-in Marvin and Renewal by Andersen. I preferred the Renewal by Andersen window now that we did their sliding window and I went with them because their price was better too.

Their reps were all professional and they did a great job. We were given a timeIine and I was shocked because they did it on January 2nd. It was right after the holidays and we had gotten a foot of snow, yet they still came out. The quality of the windows was as good or even better than the Marvin that I put in. For the sliders that we got, I would tell my friends to use the Renewal by Andersen windows over the Marvin windows.

Renewal by Andersen response

Hi Linda: We're happy to hear you like your gliding windows! We think they look and work pretty great, too :-)

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

I used to be in real estate and I have a degree in architecture. I’m building materials-savvy, too and I wanted something that was name-brand, so I went with Renewal by Andersen. Their windows are expensive and rather than going with a cheaper rate to hurry up and get windows put in, we took them by project. We did the front first, and then the different sections little by little. I’m really pleased that we decided to go that route. We also had a very good relationship with their two sales reps. Each person we dealt with has their different styles and they were understanding and helpful. Also, the timeline they gave me was okay because I had taken time to come up with the money in dealing with the new payment.

In addition, the installation went pretty well. We did the windows in the front of the house on the first floor and the window above the entry door because it’s a two-story foyer. The last thing we put was a sunroom on which has 12 windows. When we add the cost up, it would’ve been about $50,000 or more, but I am extremely pleased with my windows. They are tight and well-constructed. We’ve gotten some solicitations from Pella Windows because they have a brand that’s similar to Renewal by Andersen, but then I’ve been so pleased with Renewal by Andersen that I didn’t wanna switch. We simply gotta lay out one or two more sections to do and then we’ll be complete.

Renewal by Andersen response

Thanks for the great review, Don! So great to hear that we have the loyal support of someone who is well versed in the industry! Thanks again for taking the time to share your thoughts!

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

My father owns a sliding door by Renewal by Andersen. It's one of the best and smoothest sliding doors I've ever seen. I got three quotes and Andersen's price was the most reasonable and the lowest. I bought two sliders from them. They gave me an accurate timeline and how long the installation would take was accurate, too.

The rep from Renewal by Andersen was very helpful, thorough and I liked his presentation. He drove from the east side of town and stayed for a very long time. I got the email on the price and I paid for the sliders. I was under the understanding that he would be here during the installation, but I never heard from him ever again. There was no follow up and I really wish he was here because I had some issues with the installation.

The installers were fabulous and very professional, but the installation was one of the coldest days of the year. I called a day or two in advance to cancel and change the installation because I didn’t want them installed in that cold of weather and I was given a hard time by the installation appointment. They said the installers were already on their way. I was upset that they were installing my sliders and very worried about the installation in that type of weather.

After the installers started, I told them my concern and they said they tried to cancel too, but the installation scheduling wouldn’t let them cancel. Had they known that I wanted to cancel, they would have definitely been able to do it. They also said they had several cancellations that day because of the cold and the customers were calling, but yet, I was not able to cancel. The installers were probably going numb during their installation and also, I needed to pay to heat my house while the two sliders were being installed, so I'm not happy with all of that.

Also, had the salesman been here, maybe he could have solved the problem or even called us. He was really good at selling the product, but I didn't get customer support from him. Other than that, the sliders were installed within a month which was reasonable and accurate, based on the timeline they gave me. The product is beautiful and I love it. I'm happy with my experience and I would really recommend Renewal by Andersen to others.

Renewal by Andersen response

Chris - sorry to hear that we had to install your windows on such a cold day! But we are so glad that you love the finished product. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us as it will help us become better in the future. Thanks for the review!

Renewal by Andersen expert review by Joseph Truini

With locations across the United States, Renewal by Andersen, a division of Anderson Corporation, offers start-to-finish window and door replacement with a focus on energy efficiency.

• Windows: Renewal by Andersen offers a variety of window styles including picture, sliding, awning, casement and bay. The company also offers 15 different styles of specialty windows with custom options.

• Patio doors: Renewal by Andersen has several styles of patio doors to choose from including hinged French patio doors and sliding doors. The company offers free consultation with a representative.

• Product visualizer: Renewal by Andersen’s product visualizer takes a picture of your home and superimposes a custom window over it, allowing you to see how a new window would look before you purchase.

• Mobile app: The company’s mobile app generates a 3D model of your home based on pictures you upload. You can then visualize different styles of windows all around your home.

• Best for: homeowners who need to replace windows or patio doors in their home.

Profile picture of Joseph Truini
Joseph Truini Home Improvement Contributing Editor

Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.

Renewal by Andersen Company Information