4.2/5 (339 ratings)
Shop Now
Call Center Open

About Renewal by Andersen

Renewal by Andersen is a full-service manufacturer and installer of replacement windows and doors. Windows are custom-built, professionally installed and backed by a strong warranty. The company offers free in-home consultations to go over your needs and design options. Renewal by Andersen is located in more than 100 U.S. markets and has installed nearly 3 million windows.

Pros

• Customized orders
    • Free in-home consultation
    • Warranty covers installation
    • Financing available

Cons

• Three to seven weeks to manufacture
    • Can be expensive

Bottom Line

Renewal by Andersen offers long-lasting replacement windows with a strong warranty and excellent customer reviews. It has a variety of styles and custom sizes available. Schedule a free consultation for more information.

Top Renewal by Andersen Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

The installers from Renewal by Andersen were nice people and it was great dealing with them. ... The double-hung windows appear to be functioning as designed. They look nice and t...

Verified

We had them once before to change a slider in our family room and we were so impressed with the work that when we decided to have other work done, we called them again. We had a w...

What is Renewal by Andersen?

Renewal by Andersen is Andersen Corporation’s full-service replacement window division. The company assists homeowners through every step of the process, from helping choose windows to installing them.

To get started with Renewal by Andersen, schedule an in-person or virtual consultation with a sales representative to learn more about your options. Its representatives help you choose the best material, style and color for your home and provide pricing options.

Once you’ve selected your windows, the company measures sizes and manufactures your new windows. The new windows are installed by a team of professional technicians. Once the windows are installed, they’re protected by a transferable 20-year warranty on glass and Fibrex materials, a two-year warranty on the installation and a 10-year warranty on hinges, locks and other components.

Renewal by Andersen products and features

Renewal By Andersen provides custom replacement windows and expert installation. Windows are made from Fibrex material, which is durable and allows for narrower frames and more energy-efficient glass. Customers can choose from different colors, grille patterns and hardware finishes.

Renewal by Andersen’s products include:

• Double-hung windows
    • Casement windows
    • Bay and bow windows
    • Picture windows
    • Sliding windows
    • Specialty windows
    • Awning windows

It sells double-hung windows in several styles, including with larger upper or lower sashes. Bay and bow windows have four, five or six windows, with the option to add a window seat.

Renewal by Andersen offers a range of energy-efficient glass options to prevent heating and cooling loss and block up to 95% of UV rays. Insect screens are included on every operable window. The company also offers a range of grille patterns to enhance the look and style of the home or match the existing architecture. Grille materials include aluminum and hardwood.

Renewal by Andersen installation services

The purchase of Renewal by Andersen windows includes professional installation. After the windows are manufactured, a crew of Certified Master Installers will install them. First the old windows are removed, and the framing is inspected for damage. The opening is cleaned and prepared, and the installers install the window. Then the frame is insulated and sealed. Finally, the trim is replaced, and the installers perform a final inspection.

Installation includes cleanup of the area disposal of the old windows. Installers will walk you through a product demonstration, share cleaning and maintenance tips and answer any questions. Renewal by Andersen includes a two-year warranty on installation.

Renewal by Andersen cost

The cost of your replacement windows or door varies based on size, style and customization options. The only way to receive accurate pricing for its windows is through a consultation.

The company runs promotions on its website frequently. Typically, if you purchase more than one product, such as multiple windows, you receive a discount.

Its financing options include deferred payments, monthly payments and lines of credit up to $55,000.

Renewal by Andersen FAQ

Is Renewal by Andersen expensive?
    Compared with other manufacturers and installers, Renewal by Andersen trends on the higher side. However, it’s known to make higher-quality windows and offer a more comprehensive warranty.
    What is the difference between Andersen Windows and Renewal by Andersen?
    Andersen Windows offers doors and windows for sale at hardware stores and independent dealers. Renewal by Andersen is a full-service division of the same company that manufactures and installs replacement windows.
    How long do Renewal by Andersen windows last?
    Windows installed by Renewal by Andersen are protected by a 20-year warranty on glass and Fibrex material and a 10-year warranty on other components. Its windows often last longer than the warranty terms.
    How long does it take to get Renewal by Andersen windows?
    Depending on the season, it may take three to seven weeks for your windows to be manufactured. The installation is typically completed within a day.
    What is the warranty on Renewal by Andersen windows?
    Renewal by Andersen windows come with a 20-year limited warranty on the glass and Fibrex material, including the frame, sash and exterior grilles. Other components, such as locks and hinges, are covered for up to 10 years. Installation is covered for two years.

Is Renewal by Andersen worth it?

Renewal by Andersen is an excellent company for those looking for high-quality, durable replacement windows. Its windows typically cost more than competitors’ products, so the company is a good choice for those who prioritize quality over cost. It’s a full-service company, so purchasing the windows and scheduling installation is easy and efficient. Renewal by Andersen backs its products and installation with an extensive warranty that protects your investment.

Renewal by Andersen Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Renewal by Andersen?

Original review: Oct. 25, 2022

We purchased nine windows from Renewal by Andersen. The rep was phenomenal. He was very detail oriented. He followed up a couple of times with us before and after the windows got done. They kept us informed all the way. They called to say they were running out a little longer but were two weeks earlier. They had told us in the beginning that these aren't cheap windows that just pop out. You need to take the framework out then have that repainted. My big concern was in the kitchen, we have glass tiles. One window and the whole slider were up against glass tiles. I was nervous when they took the frame out that those would break. They assured us they could fix it. They said it usually doesn't happen.

The major installer said, "Let me try to do it without taking those frames out," and he did it. He did one window and it shortened the width of our window sill. He asked, "It this okay? Or do you want me to go back and do the original?" I told him it was fine. He did all the windows. We have to do some touch up work 'cause there's some new wood on it that's primed. But every step of the way, he checked in with me to ask, "Is this one all right?" At the end, he went around with me to every single window, making sure I knew how to use them and making sure they were fit tight.

The soundproofing seems a little better. We've had a lot of rain here recently and it sounds like we don't hear it as much. We had the screens put in too. They were more mesh that you could see through more. I love those. It looks like there's no screen there at all. It's amazing. The slider is terrific. It's heavy-duty. It closes well. It locks easy and slides easy. The only thing is the expenses are quite large.

Get buying tips about Windows and Doors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 21, 2022

There were a few glitches with our experience with Renewal by Andersen. In the master bathroom, the casement window was supposed to crank left to right, and it cranks right to left. They're going to try to see if they can change it with the existing window. I don't know how they're gonna do that. But the problem is, when you crank it the way they have it, I have a direct view and my neighbor has a direct view of me and vice versa. From a bathroom, that's not really a good thing. So even though you put a towel when you get out of the shower, it's still not a good thing. Hopefully, we'll be able to get that resolved. One other thing, the quarter round or around the window has to be changed for that window. But all the other windows seem to have been fine.

I had some problems with the trim. The molding that I had picked out wasn't exactly what I wanted. They were willing to make a change. But when they took the molding out that was there, there was plaster behind it that disintegrated, which we certainly didn't expect. Had I known that or somebody had told me that, we could have saved each of us a lot of trouble. Then we would have just left as one as is.

I specifically took Andersen even though they're much more expensive than most of the other windows. It’s because I didn't really want to replace the wood around the window. I didn’t want the mess. I wanted something that could fit into the existing areas that I had to replace. I have 14 windows in my living room and dining room, so I really didn't want to have to start ripping up walls. That afforded me the opportunity not to do that.

I got the E-glass. I have a lot of problems with the sun on one side of my house where I have my driveway. The new window replaced a regular Andersen window I've had since the late 80s, and that room was awfully stifling hot in the summer. It was unbearable. I always had to put the ceiling fan on. The minute that window got put in there, the room was 20 degrees cooler, which was really amazing. I didn't expect to see that much of a difference. Also always, I had a problem with the glare coming in there that bounced off my television set, and the light comes in but there's no glare. It all has to be that E-window that I never had before. The staff was also accommodating and the installers were savvy. They knew what they were doing.

Original review: June 15, 2022

The Renewal by Andersen representative that came didn't seem to be selling but explaining. I also like seeing the windows and how they could be cleaned and the options available because I wasn't always seeing the same options from other vendors. When we made the deal, it was still in 2021 so we got the prices for 2021. We had trips coming up in April and May, so we initially asked that they not be put in too quickly. We wanted to wait until our trips were finished. As it turned out, it took at least that long and maybe a little longer to get the product. But that was fine with us because we weren't rushing from the store.

Whatever date they set for the installation held and the install process was phenomenal. They were a very courteous crew. They didn't have a mess to clean up because they found ways to keep things clean as they went. I thought it would be three days but it was only two. When I looked at the hole that was left after the old windows were removed, it wasn't square, and yet when they finished, it looked like it was. They made it work.

I got seven windows and two doors. One was a fixed-in-place window that was between our living room and a new patio so we had viewing between the two areas without the need to move the window. There were some standard windows, up-down, pull it out to clean it. There is one large almost picture window. It's got two halves where if you needed to escape from upstairs, you could. It goes from left to right, right to left. One is an itty-bitty window in a bathroom upstairs that's fixed in place. For the doors, one was a double French door. The other was a basic door to the exterior. The windows and the doors have been great. Our only problem is they're so nice, clear and clean that we've had a bird die already because he flew into the big fixed window.

The part that convinced me was the forever guarantee as long as I own the home or if someone buys the home. My understanding had been that the guarantee passed on to whoever owned the house. When I finally got the written documents, there were changes made in the warranty agreement. I don't know that my agent knew in 2021, but I feel that I got caught in the midst of a change and the warranty applies when the install is done. That makes sense but I should have been aware of the wording change. That's the only downside of the experience.

Original review: June 5, 2022

My experience with Renewal by Andersen started with Deborah. She was the representative that came to the home, explained how everything worked, took some pre-measurements, and talked about finances. She was real thorough, and the visit was an hour and a half. She was a very pleasant lady, and I would buy anything from her. The greatest part was, after the job was finished, she came back to inspect it, see if we were satisfied 100% and made us really feel at home. It was a really great experience.

Jose and his team of installers were awesome too. We moved almost everything we had to move, and they only had to move one thing away from the window. They were very timely as well as respectful of the home, keeping the house clean and putting tarps everywhere. We discussed about starting downstairs first, then doing the upstairs second and they were good with that. They got it done in two days and cleaned up everything really good. They were very good guys, and I trusted them. The windows are awesome, and I’ve got a lot of positive feedback for them. Compared to what we had, the noise level has just disappeared and it seems like the cooling system is staying cool longer inside the house than before.

I’ve had several people asking about Renewal by Andersen. I tell them, “Hey, call them. It's well worth it.” I’ve had people look at the windows, because unfortunately, we had to trim back a tree in the front of the house that got hurt with the freeze. It exposed the house a lot more and people are seeing the upstairs windows, how nice they look, and the downstairs windows. They’ve been asking, “Who did your job?” I told them. Deborah left some cards around, but everybody’s got something they’re gonna do around the house for the summer. With everybody’s finances, everybody's planning a year out of what they’re gonna invest in in their home. We started planning this last year and it finally got done.

Three months ago, before the install, I got a $10 Subway gift card to let me know that, “We’re still in the process. We know it’s taking long.” It was just to say, “Hey, thanks for being so patient. Everything’s still going on.” However, they told us from the very beginning it would be months before we would get in the install. Knowing that, we were fine. We knew we were taken care of, and we knew it was gonna happen.

Original review: March 7, 2022

The Renewal by Andersen salesman came and went through the demonstration with us. We looked at the heat resistance. They did the setup and did the demonstrations, the composite window versus all the other things. The composite really caught my eye because of the climate where we live. We have an extreme cold in the winter and fairly hot in the summer. The resistance of the composite window, not cracking, not fading, was a selling point. Then, the windows where they don't transfer the heat, they came and put them in. It was an all-in-one package was another thing that seemed good. We have a wood finish in our house where they put the windows. I knew that we would have to seal the trim, but I figured that the wood-clad surface facing inside would have been sealed. But I ended up having to do that.

When the installer came to put them in, as he was unpacking them, he noticed that each window had a little bitty chip in the wood's finish. He said they go down a big roller, and he thought somewhere on one of those rollers there's the same thing catching every little window. We called them and there was a debate on whether we would install them or order new windows. When you order, it's three months out, at least. We received a cost deduction. They made compensation for that over the phone. We took pictures of them and sent them back to the manager that we were dealing with and I was very happy with that.

They're not cheap windows. Probably one of the most expensive windows that you can buy. But the rep was honest and he went through the whole process. We also didn't do a thing other than move the furniture and they helped us move furniture when they got there too. They also cleaned up their mess and they took all the old windows.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2022

The sales person from Renewal by Andersen of Southern New England mis-measured and estimated completion of installation at 12-14 weeks. We are now a year later with no end in sight. Fabrication was delayed. Renewal by Andersen mis-fabricated because of the mis-measurements and also made errors on grid alignments, weatherstripping, and window mechanics.

The total installation was scheduled for four days but it has been more than seven months and they are not done yet. Renewal by Andersen of Southern New England do not schedule adequate time so the crew will show up but leaves prior to finishing the work and there are long delays between crew/technicians returning. They used expired caulk sealant on the windows which did not cure and resulted in discoloration. They agreed to replace the uncured caulking but then failed to do what was agreed upon.

We wrote to the President of the parent Renewal by Andersen Company in Wisconsin. He put us in touch with his team who commiserate with us but do nothing else. Renewal by Andersen of Southern New England sent a fraudulent bill indicating the work is complete even though we have sent them numerous communications including certified letters listing the incomplete work.

Communications are one way. Renewal by Andersen of Southern New England will not provide employees' telephone numbers or emails. I spoke briefly with Renewal by Andersen of New England's Director of Customer Affairs today when he called unannounced. He told me a couple of lies. When I pointed one out he told me he didn't say that. The rating here is one star only because they do not allow zero. Renewal by Andersen is a zero.

Renewal by Andersen response

Hi Robert, thank you for your feedback. We are very sorry to hear about this experience you've had and will pass this review along to your local team to look into further. Someone will be in touch with you soon!

Original review: Nov. 22, 2022

Took 14 months to deliver and install. One floor to ceiling window and one slider were incorrect. They reordered and 3 months later …nothing. Andersen windows are excellent, this company who sells and installs them is awful. Would not recommend. Order your Andersen windows through a contractor.

Renewal by Andersen response

Hi Melissa, thank you for your feedback. We are very sorry to hear about this experience you've had and will pass this review along to your local team to look into further.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2022

Our sales rep, Ron, was knowledgeable and professional. We had seven double hung windows installed. Two more larger double sliders (which hadn't arrived yet) were to be installed the following week as a separate installation to complete our job. Roman and his installation team were professional, efficient, and cleaned up completely after installation. They even worked into the evening to make sure our shutters were replaced properly. I couldn't be happier with our new windows and the professionalism of the installation team. I would recommend Renewal By Andersen if you are in the market for a quality product and a no-hassle buying experience.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2022

Renewal by Andersen's sales representative seemed very true and concerned that the job is top-shelf. We replaced our front windows which are fixed, a bathroom window which is double hung, and two windows upstairs which are also double hung. The installers were outstanding. They arrived early on the job. They were meticulous when it came to spreading out covering for our house. They knew what had to be done. They worked as a team and were out by 12:30. They did it in half day. I was very impressed. We're very happy with the windows. It was Dimitri who was the team lead. After the job was done and the place was cleaned, he came back and ensured that everything was top-shelf. He demonstrated the windows, how to take them out to clean them, up, down, down, up and so forth. It was a very positive experience.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2022

They came in and installed five porch windows and everything went smoothly. Everything looks really good. I would highly recommend them.

Renewal by Andersen Company Information