2. Homeowners

Call Now Toll Free
Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.47/5
Shop Now

Renewal by Andersen is a full-service manufacturer and installer of replacement windows and doors. It offers double-hung, casement, bay, bow, picture, sliding, specialty and awning windows with durable construction and professional installation. Its windows include a robust warranty to protect your investment.

Renewal by Andersen Video

BOTTOM LINE

Renewal by Andersen offers long-lasting replacement windows with a strong warranty and excellent customer reviews. It has a variety of styles and custom sizes available. Schedule a free consultation for more information.

PROS

• Durable
  • Long warranty
  • High quality

CONS

• Three to seven weeks to manufacture
  • Can be pricey

Top Renewal by Andersen Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Renewal by Andersen?

I had a replacement for double-hung windows from Andersen and the installation was very easy, clean and professional. They did a beautiful job. Their rep was wonderful. He was the same person that we had six years ago. The windows are beautiful and there are still little labels on my windows.

Someone came out from Renewal by Andersen and I liked the product. Their rep was very professional. I got a living room window and a sliding patio door. The three installers who came were very professional and they cleaned up. I would recommend them. … They look beautiful and everything is nice.

Renewal by Andersen Call Now Toll Free (888) 570-8481 Learn More Shop Now
Call Now Toll Free

What is Renewal by Andersen?

Renewal by Andersen is Andersen’s full-service replacement window division. The company assists homeowners through every step of the process, from helping choose windows to installing them.

To get started with Renewal by Andersen, schedule an in-person or virtual consultation with a sales representative to learn more about your options. Its representatives help you choose the best material, style and color for your home and provide pricing options.

Once you’ve selected your windows, the company measures sizes and manufactures your new windows. The new windows are installed by a team of professional technicians. After the windows are installed, they’re protected by a transferable 20-year warranty on glass and materials, a two-year warranty on the installation and a 10-year warranty on hardware.

Renewal by Andersen cost

The cost of your replacement windows or door varies based on size, style and customization options. Windows from Renewal by Andersen typically cost from $1,000 to $1,400 per window with installation. The only way to receive accurate pricing for its windows is through a consultation. The company runs promotions on its website frequently, including financing offers.

Renewal by Andersen FAQ

Is Renewal by Andersen expensive?
Compared to other manufacturers and installers, Renewal by Andersen trends on the higher side. However, it’s known to make higher quality windows and offer a more comprehensive warranty.
What is the difference between Andersen Windows and Renewal by Andersen?
Andersen Windows offers doors and windows for sale at hardware stores and independent dealers. Renewal by Anderson is a full-service division of the same company that manufactures and installs replacement windows.
Is Renewal by Andersen a good company?
Renewal by Andersen is known to provide high-quality windows and installations.
How long do Renewal by Andersen windows last?
Windows installed by Renewal by Andersen are protected by a warranty of up to 20 years. Its windows often last longer than the warranty terms.
How long does it take to get Renewal by Andersen windows?
Depending on the season, it may take three to seven weeks for your windows to be manufactured. The installation is typically completed within a day.

Is Renewal by Andersen worth it?

Renewal by Andersen is an excellent company for those looking for high-quality, durable replacement windows. Its windows are typically more expensive, so this company is ideal for those who prioritize quality over cost. It’s a full-service company, so purchasing the windows and scheduling installation is easy and efficient. It backs its products and installation with an extensive warranty that protects your investment in Andersen windows.

Renewal by Andersen Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Renewal by Andersen?

Original review: April 25, 2020

We're pretty limited here in Wyoming so we only had a few people to choose from. Renewal by Andersen was the first one who returned our call and came and gave us a quote. Their products seemed to be higher quality and worth doing. Also, they were an easy company to work with. They installed a new sliding glass door and they also put in a bay window, where we previously had just had a large picture window.

In Wyoming, the weather is horrible about half a year. The installers came from a town about two hours away. They originally scheduled us for the beginning to middle of February and we had a blizzard that shut down the entire state. That was the only reason they couldn't come exactly when they planned. But they came shortly thereafter. We were really surprised that they were willing to work. It was five degrees and the poor guys were outside, cutting holes in the house and putting in the new windows. They were great to work with. They were really professional and kind, and they dealt with the fact that I have four children and a small dog very well. They had to come back a month or two later to finish the roofing job over the window and do some other things with the sliding door just because of the temperature issues.

Our previous windows were very drafty. You could sit and sort of feel the wind blow if you were anywhere near them. Our new ones are wonderful. You don't feel anything from outside. The heat all stayed in the house. The windows are beautiful and easy to clean, and they're pretty durable. We have only had the the sliding door about a month and we had a dog run into it and knocked it off its track, but the screen didn't break. Everything is fine. We were able to put it right back. So, we're really impressed with the quality of everything.

Get buying tips about Windows and Doors delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2020

We were interested in replacing one window and with the other companies, they wanted us to do more than just one window. But RBA was willing to do one window. We had an in-home consultation and the person who came was lovely. The reps are very knowledgeable and very well-trained. But the presentation was a little long. I have a small child and that makes hosting someone in my home for two hours to sell a product very challenging 'cause this little person needs my attention. They also wanted all the homeowners involved so my partner had to be here.

It was very much a sales presentation but we had already decided this was the product that we wanted so they didn't really have to sell it to us. I totally understand though. But before coming in, they should determine whether a customer is on the fence about their product. Some people are exploring their options and maybe RBA are in competition with Pella or something else so they need those two hours to change the customer's minds. But I was not in that place and I was decided on Andersen. It was just which window am I gonna do and when am I gonna do it so I totally did not need that the presentation at the time.

We ended up going with a slider. We did the Fibrex composite windows, which was another selling point for us. We have an older home and the previous owner have replaced most of the windows in the home with other inexpensive vinyl and let some of the original 1940s windows for us to deal with. And so, trying to figure out the cost-benefit analysis between inexpensive vinyl doesn't last a long time, or more expensive wood or metal windows that have a longer life, the composite was a good option. And we knew that Andersen was one of the top choices for that.

The installation was so easy and awesome. I was surprised it took one person and he showed up on time. He was very nice, quick, quiet and clean. I almost cried when he was done. It was so beautiful. I've never been so excited to see a window before. It was installed in our basement, which we're slowly renovating. Basements are cold 'cause there's no insulation down there. And I really feel like, even without the insulated walls, the window has made a big difference in the comfort and temperature down there. I'm very happy. They are on the pricier side of replacement windows so that's not for everybody and having to do the consultation part is a little bit of a challenge. But once we were in the process of the project, it was great and very painless.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2019

I have used RbA two years in a row. Last year, I got a picture window replaced. I had a couple of people come out and the guy from Renewal seemed like he was more knowledgeable about their product. The customer satisfaction seems to be there as well as reputation, which I have heard of over a couple of other window products. It was the second time I had that window replaced. The first one was when the house was built and I had a bad experience at the time. I was trying really hard not to repeat that experience and I was willing to pay a little more to make sure that everything was done right. In the end, I had a good experience.

This year, a lot of those windows that I had replaced had gone bad too but I kept saying I'm gonna have to wait 'cause I'm getting close to retirement. It wasn't in the budget. But then, I got a note from one of the regional guys from Andersen for a special discount for repeat customers. I said I'll just let the guy who sold me the picture window come out and talk to me 'cause we had bonded. In the end, he came out and I told him I needed to get all the windows replaced but I didn't have the money. I did want the deal too. He did several renditions of the volume versus the sale price and it turned out that the more windows I get, the bigger the sales discount.

I bit the bullet and did every window that was done. I was getting ready to retire in a couple of years and I wanted to get all these structural things off my bucket list. I've been happy and I've had no problems since. Everything is working out well. RbA is pretty much true to form. Whatever they said they were gonna do, they did. They also followed up, with both years and made sure I was happy with their service. If I had any more windows, I would do it again.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2019

Renewal by Andersen's windows are not vinyl. The material of the window frames was superior than anything else, and I thought that they were the best window in my situation. My house all had double hung windows so I purchased those from them. From the time I talked to the salesman until the windows were installed only took a couple of months, which wasn’t bad considering they had to make 13 windows custom-sized. As for the installation itself, they sent a full crew and it was done in one day. They were efficient. They laid down a runner so they wouldn’t track dirt. Each one had his job. There were guys that took them out. There were the guys that put them in and made sure they were square. And There was the guy that put the trim on. So, they had a nice little system going there.

There were a couple of problems when they installed it, however, and they had to come back a couple of weeks later. But even so, they took care of it right away. The one in my kitchen was mis-measured. And it was off by maybe an eighth of an inch, but it was enough that the window wouldn’t operate. They were able to put it in and seal it up for me. They had to come back to have a new one made and replace it, but that was done in a reasonable amount of time. Also, the houses are close -- there is only a couple of feet. So, the gentleman had to reach outside somehow to put the trim on the outside and one of valances broke. It was very minor, and they repaired that when they came to replace the windows. I washed my windows upstairs and I have to get used to how these operate as far as tilting in and out. But they seem to work fine and they close fine. I like the way they lock, too.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2019

My husband does his homework, and we checked with other window retailers. We liked Renewal by Andersen because they’re well-known, and I’ve never heard anything bad about them. And we thought we’d have somebody come out. We told him the problems that we had, and we didn’t wanna go too high in money because we’re seniors. He was very knowledgeable and guided us the way. He said that he would do it. And so, we trusted him. Their rep wasn’t pushy and was really nice, and that’s the main thing. I don’t care how good a product is, if you’ve got somebody pushy, then you think, “Well, I’m not sure about that.”

We had a backdoor put in and we have a patio cover that covers that door. So, I think it’ll last as long as we’re here. Everything was absolutely wonderful. The fellow that came out to put the door in was great. He called when he was on the way and was here on time. He took care of everything, cleaned everything up and was very pleasant. It was a great experience.

The quality of the door was great too until I heard the price. So, that cut down my buying jewelry. Nobody’s gonna see it but you get what you pay for. It’s a well-made heavy door, and it’s one glass. And our dog loves to look and put her nose against it to see us. The only thing we’re having trouble is getting the screen door. But other than that, everything’s great. Renewal by Andersen's a good company that’s reputable and they’ve got nice people. We’ve been very happy with them. If we had to have windows put in years before, I would’ve gone with the windows that the rep was suggesting. But we had already done it.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2020

Purchased 2 replacement windows less than 15 years ago and found they are leaking. Water was dripping in, around the frame of the window, enough to create a puddle on the sill. Called Renewal and was told the only warranty applicable is for the glass. There is a $125 to send someone out to look at it. The sad thing is, these are the only windows we replaced, our house is now 21 y.o. and no other window leaks. Based on this I cannot recommend Renewal by Andersen for replacement windows. I had expected better quality from Andersen products.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2020

We went with Andersen because that is what the original windows were. The salesman came out first, then the project manager, who was supposed to measure the windows. When the first installation team came, they told me that the windows were not the correct size. I told them to not install. So, I contacted Andersen, and after several weeks, was told that the windows were OK and that another installation team would come out and install.

The second installation team that came out yesterday, also told me that the windows purchased were NOT the correct size. They did their job, and put in the windows, but they had to do a lot of jury rigging to do to get them installed. I am not satisfied, that having paid close to $15,000, that my windows were not the correct size. I think Renewal by Anderson needs to provide me with the windows I ordered in the correct size. I have had 2 installation teams tell me that the windows were not the right size. Need I say more????

Original review: Sept. 4, 2020

The windows are a good product and we are satisfied with with windows we ordered. The communication process was a problem however. We bought new windows for our entire 3 story home which were originally due to be installed on June 22. This installation date was cancelled on June 21st. We had taken down all curtains in the house and took out 3 air conditioning window units preparing for this delivery date. This was cumbersome and time consuming. The windows were rescheduled to be installed on August 3rd.

We were also not satisfied with financing arrangements for our windows. We ordered the windows on March 8th and made a deposit that date. We obtained 0% financing for 2 years as part of our agreement. The windows were finally installed on August 3 but they are scheduled to come back because one of the windows delivered was not the correct one ordered. They are now scheduled to deliver the correct window we ordered on September 11th. The 0% financing was begun on March 8th. We asked the manager adjust this financing agreement to begin August 3rd when the windows were installed. He said he would discuss this with the lender but never returned my call to let me know that no change would be done.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2020

The sales rep that came to the house very nice. Was never told that they would do three on hard inquiry on your credit. Call to discuss it with her and did nothing about it. Did not authorize to keep running my credit. But did it anyway!

Renewal by Andersen response

Hi Sandy- Thank you for taking the time to reach out, I am sorry to hear about your experience and your frustrations. I am going to pass this along to the correct team right away! Thank you!

Original review: July 29, 2020

Skylight window installed 9 years ago and now requires warranty repair. Window began to slide down slope of roof leaving an opening at top of window. Rain began to drip inside house and service dept covered open temporarily with plastic. That was 3 months ago and the window has continued to slide currently leaving a 10 inch opening and still sliding. Service dept keeps rescheduling the repair. The plastic cover no longer covers the opening. This also creates a potential safety issue if the window slides completely off the roof and injures someone. Obviously warranty repair is not Renewal by Andersen's top priority.

Renewal by Andersen response

Hi Joe- Thank you for taking the time to reach out and share your experience with us. We apologize for the delay in repair. Please note, I am sending this to the team right away. Thank you.

Renewal by Andersen Company Information