2. Homeowners

4.2/5 (221 ratings)
Shop Now
Call Now Toll Free

About Renewal by Andersen

Renewal by Andersen is a full-service manufacturer and installer of replacement windows and doors. Windows are custom-built, professionally installed and backed by a strong warranty. The company offers free in-home consultations to go over your needs and design options. Renewal by Andersen is located in more than 100 U.S. markets and has installed nearly 3 million windows.

Pros

• Customized orders
    • Free in-home consultation
    • Warranty covers installation
    • Financing available

Cons

• Three to seven weeks to manufacture
    • Can be expensive

Bottom Line

Renewal by Andersen offers long-lasting replacement windows with a strong warranty and excellent customer reviews. It has a variety of styles and custom sizes available. Schedule a free consultation for more information.

Top Renewal by Andersen Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

The installers from Renewal by Andersen were nice people and it was great dealing with them. ... The double-hung windows appear to be functioning as designed. They look nice and t...

Verified

We had them once before to change a slider in our family room and we were so impressed with the work that when we decided to have other work done, we called them again. We had a w...

What is Renewal by Andersen?

Renewal by Andersen is Andersen Corporation’s full-service replacement window division. The company assists homeowners through every step of the process, from helping choose windows to installing them.

To get started with Renewal by Andersen, schedule an in-person or virtual consultation with a sales representative to learn more about your options. Its representatives help you choose the best material, style and color for your home and provide pricing options.

Once you’ve selected your windows, the company measures sizes and manufactures your new windows. The new windows are installed by a team of professional technicians. Once the windows are installed, they’re protected by a transferable 20-year warranty on glass and Fibrex materials, a two-year warranty on the installation and a 10-year warranty on hinges, locks and other components.

Renewal by Andersen products and features

Renewal By Andersen provides custom replacement windows and expert installation. Windows are made from Fibrex material, which is durable and allows for narrower frames and more energy-efficient glass. Customers can choose from different colors, grille patterns and hardware finishes.

Renewal by Andersen’s products include:

• Double-hung windows
    • Casement windows
    • Bay and bow windows
    • Picture windows
    • Sliding windows
    • Specialty windows
    • Awning windows

It sells double-hung windows in several styles, including with larger upper or lower sashes. Bay and bow windows have four, five or six windows, with the option to add a window seat.

Renewal by Andersen offers a range of energy-efficient glass options to prevent heating and cooling loss and block up to 95% of UV rays. Insect screens are included on every operable window. The company also offers a range of grille patterns to enhance the look and style of the home or match the existing architecture. Grille materials include aluminum and hardwood.

Renewal by Andersen installation services

The purchase of Renewal by Andersen windows includes professional installation. After the windows are manufactured, a crew of Certified Master Installers will install them. First the old windows are removed, and the framing is inspected for damage. The opening is cleaned and prepared, and the installers install the window. Then the frame is insulated and sealed. Finally, the trim is replaced, and the installers perform a final inspection.

Installation includes cleanup of the area disposal of the old windows. Installers will walk you through a product demonstration, share cleaning and maintenance tips and answer any questions. Renewal by Andersen includes a two-year warranty on installation.

Renewal by Andersen cost

The cost of your replacement windows or door varies based on size, style and customization options. The only way to receive accurate pricing for its windows is through a consultation.

The company runs promotions on its website frequently. Typically, if you purchase more than one product, such as multiple windows, you receive a discount.

Its financing options include deferred payments, monthly payments and lines of credit up to $55,000.

Renewal by Andersen FAQ

Is Renewal by Andersen expensive?
    Compared with other manufacturers and installers, Renewal by Andersen trends on the higher side. However, it’s known to make higher-quality windows and offer a more comprehensive warranty.
    What is the difference between Andersen Windows and Renewal by Andersen?
    Andersen Windows offers doors and windows for sale at hardware stores and independent dealers. Renewal by Andersen is a full-service division of the same company that manufactures and installs replacement windows.
    How long do Renewal by Andersen windows last?
    Windows installed by Renewal by Andersen are protected by a 20-year warranty on glass and Fibrex material and a 10-year warranty on other components. Its windows often last longer than the warranty terms.
    How long does it take to get Renewal by Andersen windows?
    Depending on the season, it may take three to seven weeks for your windows to be manufactured. The installation is typically completed within a day.
    What is the warranty on Renewal by Andersen windows?
    Renewal by Andersen windows come with a 20-year limited warranty on the glass and Fibrex material, including the frame, sash and exterior grilles. Other components, such as locks and hinges, are covered for up to 10 years. Installation is covered for two years.

Is Renewal by Andersen worth it?

Renewal by Andersen is an excellent company for those looking for high-quality, durable replacement windows. Its windows typically cost more than competitors’ products, so the company is a good choice for those who prioritize quality over cost. It’s a full-service company, so purchasing the windows and scheduling installation is easy and efficient. Renewal by Andersen backs its products and installation with an extensive warranty that protects your investment.

Renewal by Andersen Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Renewal by Andersen?

Original review: March 15, 2021

Rich, the rep from Renewal by Andersen spent almost three hours with us because we had to two different locations that we were going to do. Then one of the locations, we weren't going to do until maybe three or four months from now. But he was so thorough in explaining 'cause we didn't know what the best application was, like which window or product would suit us. Then every question that I had, he went over it again.

Once we got a ballpark on one location, we told him what we were going to do on the other one and asked him to give us a quote on it. He did the same thing with that, which was a totally different application and totally different kinds of products. So, we were talking about doors, windows, sliding glass doors, and replacing existing stuff. It was a very complex conversation.

We asked Rich if we could negotiate a better deal if we were doing both locations at the same time. Each one of them was about 30,000 and when you put them together, it was 60,000. The budget was about $4,000 less than what the total number was. So he said that he would ask his supervisor. Rich called back again and they were able to do something. It was still about $1,500 more than what I wanted to spend. I asked him if they could figure out a way to come up with this difference because it was a lot of money. Then within an hour, what the supervisor ended up telling Rich was that he had sharpened his pencil as much as he possibly could, that the only other solution was that the person would take a lesser commission on the sale and he agreed to absorb whatever that incremental difference was between our budget and what Renewal could do.

I felt very comfortable and confident that the quote Renewal gave me was a good deal for the both of us. Even though he spent that much time, I didn't feel bad that Rich had to take it out of his own pocket because he spent the time anyhow. If we did the deal, he would get something and if we didn't do the deal or half the deal, he'd get half anyhow.

We had replacement windows, top of the line, the best that they could do. We had two windows that have screens on that slide back and forth that we put into a wall that didn't have windows before. We had 13 replacement windows and these two windows on one location that we had. Then on the second location, we had three sliding glass doors put in, a 16-foot, a 12-foot, and an eight-foot, and then we had a kitchen window replaced that opens out. The cost was expensive. But you get what you pay for. It was probably 20% more than what anybody else was. But these things are gorgeous and efficient. They're perfect. There's nothing that I would change about them.

If you want quality and if you want the best, there's nobody who does it better than Renewal by Andersen. The customer service, the workers, the people who did the installation are extraordinarily competent. I was here while they were putting in the wall and they measured two and three times. Everything was precise and they didn't cut corners.

Renewal by Andersen response

Hi Sandra, Thank you so much for leaving us your feedback, we are delighted to hear how happy you are with your new windows and doors! It was our pleasure working with you on this project, thank you for choosing Renewal!

Get buying tips about Windows and Doors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2021

We had Renewal by Andersen install our bay window several years ago and we were so impressed. We picked them because at that time, they were the cheapest on the market that I could find. The bay window was a big project and I appreciated what they did and how they did it. Then I had them back a couple years later to do two more windows. I also had them back last fall to do the rest of the house.

The installers were fantastic. They were very neat and they were laying down pads to protect the carpeting. They were efficient in that they came across an exterior window that had actually had some rotting going on the frame. They went off and got the right kind of lumber and they brought it back and installed it. They knew what had to be done. They could have just told me to do it and I certainly would have, but they took the initiative and they did a good job.

The consultant was courteous. He wore a mask and was careful in touching things. The communication was very clear. He had a computer right there and he showed me exactly what I would be paying with the scenarios that I gave him. He very patiently walked me through all of that. At the end of the interaction, I determined that the cheapest way to go was to finish putting in the rest of the windows.

My windows are so beautiful! They're easy to open. One of the biggest thrills I had after they were installed was in the bathroom. I can now open that window after I get out of the shower and I can get all the steam out of the bathroom just like that. It’s so wonderful! Renewal by Andersen was efficient, polite, and goes above and beyond the call of what they agreed to do. The communication was incredible during the whole installation process with the installers. The gentleman that came out to measure the windows actually came back and did a re-measure on a questionable window and I was very impressed with his meticulous approach to measuring the window to make sure it was would fit precisely. Overall, the experience was wonderful.

Renewal by Andersen response

Hi Arlene! We want to thank you so much for your continued loyalty to Renewal, it has been a pleasure working with you on all of your projects. Our team is happy to hear you are enjoying your new windows, especially that bathroom! Please don't hesitate to reach out with any questions in the future.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2021

We looked at a couple other competing companies out there. We did the regular consumer walkthrough at Home Depot to check what was out there and based on what we saw on feedback from the internet, it seemed that Renewal by Andersen had the most accessible rate in terms of installation. The other big factor was if there were issues though, the positive responses to how those repairs were handled by them were overwhelmingly positive. We bought slider windows and they gave us an estimation for the timeline. It was just that there was a hiccup on our end. We had gridded windows originally and we asked the homeowners’ association if we could go through with clear rather than do the grids. It took a month and a half to finally hear back from our homeowners’ association saying I don't need to call them about that. I could do whatever I want.

One thing that Renewal by Andersen may be able to do on the side is to contact the homeowners’ association directly rather than the consumer doing it. That may help to push things along in that sense. I basically had to tell my homeowners’ association that my neighbor got stuff done and he got approved in a week. Why does it need a month and a half for our place to find out whether or not I can handle the inside?

But then from the sales to the guy that came in and did the measurements, they were fantastic, no pressure, and very honest about what the sales were and what the cost savings were. Originally, we talked about having a whole house done. It just wasn't really within our budget, and rather than saying, “So long, pal. Good luck. Talk to another company,” he actually took the time to work with me, work within our budget to get the most important windows done, and still get it in an area where it would be not cost-prohibitive. Excellent job. I’ve already recommended a couple of people around the neighborhood here to definitely go with this company. I had an easy experience.

Hi Mike!

Thank you for sharing your detailed feedback with us, we really appreciate it. It was a pleasure working on this project with you and we are glad to hear you had a nice experience. We will pass your note about HOA's along to our team. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us with any future questions or concerns.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2020

My advice to you is not to install a new entry door during the winter time as unlike the window replacement, too much cold air came into the house and I was freezing my butt off! I had an install scheduled for mid December, and was told by the salesman at the time of purchase in September that the installation would be rescheduled if the temperature fell below 32 degrees; I was concerned because I didn't want the temperature inside my house to fall to uncomfortable temperatures. I checked the weather forecast a few days prior to the install and it called for sub 32 degree weather on the installation days so I called the install office to reschedule but was met by incredulity: "the salesman misspoke" said the install manager concerning sub 32 degree installations and they came as scheduled.

Ultimately the new windows and door will keep me warmer in winter and cooler in summer so I didn't argue with them and let the job proceed on schedule. It was very uncomfortable in the house while they replaced the entry door at an outside temperature of 10 degrees; they started the install when it was 3 degrees outside! The installers did a great job, were neat and courteous, and very skilled and I would give them a FIVE STAR RATING. The custom made windows and door are of very high quality and made an immediate difference in insulating my home from the cold. I would recommend Renewal by Andersen to anyone looking to upgrade their existing windows and doors. Just don't schedule the door replacement in cold weather no matter what they tell you.

Renewal by Andersen response

Good morning - Thanks for the feedback! With our special winter installation process, our installers can typically get old windows out and new windows in within 5 minutes so that we're minimizing outdoor exposure to your home. Since it sounds like this wasn't the case for you, I'll forward your feedback onto the team you worked with so they can look into this and make sure it doesn't happen again. So thank you for sharing your experience with us. And thank you for choosing Renewal by Andersen. Should you need us for concerns or questions down the road, please don't hesitate to let us know. Have a wonderful rest of the year - Happy Holidays and Happy New Year!

Original review: Sept. 24, 2020

We got a dining room window and a living window and a back door inside and screen. The salesman was excellent. Renewal by Andersen called and set up schedule for the installation. I knew it could take a little longer because of COVID, but it didn't take all that terribly long, so that was nice. The installers were really good. They came in and did their thing. They were very professional. They could've saved themselves some time if they put little bits of trash from windows into a barrel at the same time rather than leaving it go on the ground. But I let them do it their way because they were the ones that have to pick it up when they were done.

I am waiting on them to come back out. There are these little pegs that go in the window on the side and somehow they either got thrown away or they didn't have them. They said they'd drop them off the next day but they never did. So I called and Travis got right back to me and he said they will be dropping it off. Also, a window in the living room needs some caulking. Travis said if they don't show up today to get ahold of him and he'll come out and do it. But the team was very nice.

We spent around 10,000 on three window things and they're beautiful. The quality seems to be really, really good. I love the dining one especially, because it's in the same hole, so one would think you'd have the same view, but it's huge and it's glass. They don't have all that framework. We had typical windows side-by-side, and this is just unreal. It looks out over where we see deer out back. I like the back door too. It's different because of glass. From top to bottom, it is glass. It's really cool. It took me a few days to get used to because I kept thinking that I forgot to shut the door. I saw way too much light and I thought that the door was open. But we love it and our two labradors love it. When the inspector came out, he said, "When I saw it was a Renewal by Andersen, I was really relieved because I know the project's gonna be right." That's pretty high speaking to have an inspector say that about a company. So that was very good.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2021

Where are the weatherstrips?! Is there a worldwide shortage? What else could explain a 90 day radio-silence from Renewal by Andersen? It’s been 2 hurricanes and a tropical storm—going on two since I’ve seen the install crew or heard from them. I knew this wasn’t going to end well when they (the installers) showed up 4 hours past the schedule timeframe. To blame it on the “much bigger project” you did before arriving late is one thing but to rush my 3-window and a door and disappear for 3 months is beyond unprofessional. It’s crooked. Every time I call they just say the same thing, “waiting on the weatherstripping, we’ll call you when we have an update“. Well here’s an update for you…I should have gone with Pella Windows.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2021

If you have shutters, they will have to come down. Wish I knew that to begin with. Installation was very poor. They did not tent the rooms until the 2nd day, I insisted. There were flaws in the product, but they still installed it. I have to wait for new pieces to be made at the factory, but they don't have any idea how long that will be. The windows are awesome, and do keep the heat out.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2021

There needed to be more time put in place for the installation. They came at around 10:00 and went till 7:00 at night and it was a little rushed at the end. Also, the caulking was not the best. I noticed quite a few gaps. I ended up contacting the guy who installed and he came back and addressed them. But later, I still saw more gaps. Luckily, he left behind the tube of caulk and I went back and did my best to fill those gaps. It's not ideal, though. But the installation was good, overall, and the windows are excellent. I have more windows to do in the future and I would consider Renewal.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2021

From the appraisal to the finish of the project everyone was very professional. There were very few questions and those that we did have were answered completely. The project went as scheduled. Everyone showed up at the scheduled time. Work was completed without problems and when we got home you would have never known that the door was put in except for the new door being in place. Very neat and clean. We are extremely happy with this project.

Renewal by Andersen response

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback Rick! We are glad to hear everything went smoothly with your install and that you are pleased with the results! Thank you for trusting Renewal.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2021

Our new window is huge, which is nice, and a lot of air is coming through. The birds smack into them every once in a while, but we're getting over that. The only thing that is not quite good is it's hard to slide because there's nothing really square to grab on to. There are rounded edges, so it's kind of occlude. It's doable, but it's not simple.

Renewal by Andersen response

Hi Perry! Thank you for you feedback, we appreciate it. We will be sure to pass this along to our team to see if there are any design solutions we can come up with to solve this problem in the future.

Renewal by Andersen Company Information