4.2/5 (296 ratings)
Shop Now
Call Now Toll Free

About Renewal by Andersen

Renewal by Andersen is a full-service manufacturer and installer of replacement windows and doors. Windows are custom-built, professionally installed and backed by a strong warranty. The company offers free in-home consultations to go over your needs and design options. Renewal by Andersen is located in more than 100 U.S. markets and has installed nearly 3 million windows.

Pros

• Customized orders
    • Free in-home consultation
    • Warranty covers installation
    • Financing available

Cons

• Three to seven weeks to manufacture
    • Can be expensive

Bottom Line

Renewal by Andersen offers long-lasting replacement windows with a strong warranty and excellent customer reviews. It has a variety of styles and custom sizes available. Schedule a free consultation for more information.

Renewal by Andersen Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Renewal by Andersen?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Renewal by Andersen?

Original review: July 30, 2022

Renewal by Andersen did a beautiful job installing our new windows and sliding doors. The crew worked steadily with care and communicated details to me with updates throughout the day. From sales to install was a pleasant experience.

Original review: July 28, 2022

I liked the fact that they were very attentive. They were also very thorough. They would recheck their measurements by two people. First the initial guy and then by the people that would be putting the windows in. They also have quick consumer response. If you have a question, they'll come out. The windows look good. They fit tight. They don't leak air.

Original review: July 27, 2022

We got the windows with the Fibrex and the actual act of window replacement happened within a day. But the manufacturing part took a longer period of time. We missed one particular date then Renewal by Andersen announced when they were going to be ready. The installation was quick though and they're awesome windows. What we expected was what we got. I would tell others to go right ahead with getting the windows replaced through Renewal by Andersen.

Original review: July 26, 2022

Renewal by Andersen came out in May and did a sales pitch. They told us at the time it probably wouldn't be until September, which was fine. We understood. We still signed up for the project. Sometime early July, I got a phone call saying, “I'm just giving you an update. There are still supply chain issues. It'll be another 45 days until you even hear from us.” But still in line with the September timeframe I was expecting.

A couple of days later, I got an email saying, “We're ready to schedule your installation,” to the point where I didn't believe that. I called my sales rep, Cliff. He confirmed, “Yes. It's real.” The installation was set up the following week. It ended up coming in two months earlier than I anticipated, which was very exciting. I am pleased with the quality of the window. I'm also very impressed by the quality of the installation too. Sergey did an amazing job installing the product from the outside.

Original review: July 25, 2022

The sales representative did an excellent job of presenting his product and answered all the questions we had and demonstrated the quality of the product that he was offering. He was very good at what he did. The biggest problem was getting the windows here. It took about five months. But once they arrived, they scheduled an installation within a week. The installation crew completed the job exceptionally well, within five hours. They were well organized and knew what they were doing and it was not a huge job. They replaced 11 windows in our garden home. So there was a lot of ladder work. But they did a really fine job.

Original review: July 24, 2022

We had windows by Andersen installed previously. It so happened that last year, somebody was going door-to-door and they saw a window that was in need of repair. They approached me and I was thinking it was about time to get that done anyway. I got a big front bay window and that was expensive. It took us a while to go ahead and commit to the work. We committed to it around December of 2021 and the work was completed in June of 2022. The timeline kept on changing because of the availability of the window and the supply chain issues. At the end of the day, it ended up being earlier than I had expected because they had told me that it was gonna be stuck in the supply chain for another 90 days. But 20 days later, they gave me a call.

The installation was stellar and the crew did a tremendous job. They were quick and efficient. The place was cleaner when they left than it was when they arrived. The window is top-notch too. On the whole, I could not have been more pleased with the service, getting the order, and also the installation team. I’ll definitely be using Renewal by Andersen again.

Original review: July 23, 2022

Renewal by Andersen came out to the house and did a presentation to display their materials over what we had in home. Then a third party contractor with Andersen came and put the windows in. They had a trailer trouble on the way up there and were a little late, but they notified us ahead of time so that we knew they were going to be a little bit late to the house. They did fine taking everything apart. It was in our flowerbed. They made sure not to mess anything up. They did a good job with the installation.

Original review: July 22, 2022

Renewal by Anderson did a great job replacing the windows and ugly aluminum storms on my 115 year old home. They even insulated the inside and outside of each window before putting on the finished trim. My house looks so beautiful and looks just like it did when it was first built. I was told the windows would be ready in 6 to 7 months and I had them in within 5 months. The installers were great, patient and helped move things that I couldn't move myself. Can't say enough about my windows except: Thank you Renewal by Anderson.

Original review: July 22, 2022

We've used Renewal by Andersen a few times in the last 10 years. I want to stick with the Renewal by Andersen product. I trust the sales rep who has worked with us. Our most recent purchase was the Casement windows. The installation process went fine. The product has very high quality.

Original review: July 21, 2022

There were a few glitches with our experience with Renewal by Andersen. In the master bathroom, the casement window was supposed to crank left to right, and it cranks right to left. They're going to try to see if they can change it with the existing window. I don't know how they're gonna do that. But the problem is, when you crank it the way they have it, I have a direct view and my neighbor has a direct view of me and vice versa. From a bathroom, that's not really a good thing. So even though you put a towel when you get out of the shower, it's still not a good thing. Hopefully, we'll be able to get that resolved. One other thing, the quarter round or around the window has to be changed for that window. But all the other windows seem to have been fine.

I had some problems with the trim. The molding that I had picked out wasn't exactly what I wanted. They were willing to make a change. But when they took the molding out that was there, there was plaster behind it that disintegrated, which we certainly didn't expect. Had I known that or somebody had told me that, we could have saved each of us a lot of trouble. Then we would have just left as one as is.

I specifically took Andersen even though they're much more expensive than most of the other windows. It’s because I didn't really want to replace the wood around the window. I didn’t want the mess. I wanted something that could fit into the existing areas that I had to replace. I have 14 windows in my living room and dining room, so I really didn't want to have to start ripping up walls. That afforded me the opportunity not to do that.

I got the E-glass. I have a lot of problems with the sun on one side of my house where I have my driveway. The new window replaced a regular Andersen window I've had since the late 80s, and that room was awfully stifling hot in the summer. It was unbearable. I always had to put the ceiling fan on. The minute that window got put in there, the room was 20 degrees cooler, which was really amazing. I didn't expect to see that much of a difference. Also always, I had a problem with the glare coming in there that bounced off my television set, and the light comes in but there's no glare. It all has to be that E-window that I never had before. The staff was also accommodating and the installers were savvy. They knew what they were doing.

Original review: July 20, 2022

Our experience with Renewal by Andersen went well. The window came out great. The gentlemen who put it in were very professional. Everything met my expectations. However, when I originally had it scheduled, the contractor didn't show up. So I had to have it rescheduled to another week out and that was a little frustrating.

Original review: July 19, 2022

The installers came one morning, tore everything out, put the new ones in, got them all caulked up and left it in real nice shape. They also cleaned up after themselves.

Original review: July 18, 2022

I went down to Renewal by Andersen years ago and had them put in a patio door for me. Since then, they put in several windows for us. We're pleased with their work and we like what they do. They've always been very professional, too. This last time we put in six daylight windows in our basement. They gave us six months and they were out here in three. The windows are great. They're sturdy, they block the heat of the sun and they're very energy efficient. We love them.

Original review: July 15, 2022

I had most of the windows in my home replaced by Renewal by Andersen 12 years ago. The warranty has expired. Many aspects of these windows have failed. The crank mechanisms on the casement windows no longer bring the windows close enough to the closure lock for it to engage. My solution, fasten some strong fishing line to the window to pull it close enough to lock. The sliding windows have never been sealed well enough to withstand rain driven by a Nor'Easter storm to prevent water from entering the channels the windows slide in. They overflow into the house.

Some of the crank mechanisms on the casement windows have rusted. The metal trim on the exterior is rusting. The carpenters who installed the windows used the cheapest wood possible (end glued boards) which are coming unglued. It appears that my $30,000 window replacement is near its operational lifespan. It looks like they now offer a 20 year warranty. However, my experience with Renewal by Andersen might be a signal to shop carefully and consider other vendors.

Original review: July 11, 2022

My sister had replaced some windows and Renewal by Andersen did a great job. I called them for an estimate, and the sales guy was great. They were having lots of promotions. Even though it was expensive, I just got a house that I'm going to live out my days in and I wanted something that's going to last and work so I went ahead with it. The windows were installed in the middle of February, in Buffalo, New York. The installers were great. They were so respectful of my property. They took their time and cleaned up really good. The windows are fabulous. They're even better than what I thought they would be. They're the kind of windows that keep the interior at a steady temperature. We're in summer and it's working. They're tinted so there's even some privacy to them. They lock great too. I'm extremely pleased.

Original review: July 10, 2022

The rep came in and did what we had to do. He got out and we got the kitchen window ordered. Renewal by Andersen got the window in sooner than they said they would.

Original review: July 9, 2022

Renewal by Andersen was the only one we talked to because of their reputation. They were very helpful and the process went well. We had all the windows in our house replaced and the only problem was it was during covid and the delivery time was a little longer than we had anticipated originally. But that was not their fault. We're very well pleased with the windows. They're costly, but in the long run, they're worth it.

Original review: July 8, 2022

It was excellent with Renewal by Andersen. John who was the salesperson was so thorough and helpful in making decisions. When the guys came to do the installation, they did such a good job and cleaned up from head to toe. The windows looks perfect. But if I'd known I was going to be moving this soon, I wouldn't have chosen Renewal 'cause they're more expensive.

Original review: July 7, 2022

Andersen was NOT worth the 20,000 we spent. There is major design flaws.. On Locks, if you want to leave your windows cracked there is NO safety stopper like our old windows.. NO Handles to hold on to when pushing window up or pulling down.. They will charge you to drill holes in the window to add a handle which I had to do as window's over a sink and counter that I can't push up on the glass enough.. Please do better research than we did.. We paid much less for our old windows and had much better windows other than sound.. Wallside windows are not very quiet. You could hear every car that went down the street. That is why we got new windows..

Original review: July 7, 2022

We ordered a front door from Renewal by Andersen in February 2022. We received delivery in March, but they had the wrong size door frame. They put the door in with the wrong size frame and door and put an order in for a new door frame. I called their service dept. several times and all they can say is the order is in. One time I was told it may not be in until June. It is now July. The bad thing is we are paying for the door through their financing, and we do not have a finished door.

Renewal by Andersen response

Hi Margaret, we are sorry to hear about this experience you've had. We will follow up with our team to ensure they are communicating with you on the timeline of fixing this.

Original review: July 6, 2022

I did the front side of my house last summer with Renewal by Andersen, and we finished up the job this time around. They’re good people. Everything was installed as they said. Renewal by Andersen is the best window out there. It's the most expensive. When you get the best window and you pay the highest price, you expect a professional job. That's exactly what we got. They don't leave any mess and they get the job done.

Original review: July 2, 2022

My back "French" doors were supposed to be replaced by "Sliding Glass" patio doors. This arrangement was set up 09/2021. We kept getting the run around, every time it came close to the next appointment time, the company representatives called me with excuses related to Covid or the equipment not being available. My husband and I were getting very impatient and frustrated because there was corrosion damage at the base & in between the old doors and we wanted this project complete before the summer time because we didn't want any rodents or creepy crawlers to get into the house.

We didn't contact West Shore Homes until February 2022. Our New doors were replaced by them by the 1st week in April 2022 and look Great! I didn't get any excuses regarding why my project was constantly being delayed. I just received a Certified Letter by "Fed Ex", one for me and one for my husband, from an Attorney stating that Renewal By Andersen were planning on putting a lien on my house because I owed them $5,000 (+),!! I guess for work they had not done, because they did "No Work" on my property, NONE!! I would not recommend them, this is how they do business! stating that Renewal By Andersen

Original review: July 1, 2022

We do not recommend working with Renewal by Anderson’s Oklahoma City territory. There was no follow up on installation satisfaction. Others had highly recommended product and work done by Anderson. Our sales experience wasn’t bad, just a bit of unwelcome and unneeded pressure. We contracted for 19 windows at about $45k. We inquired about how much site prep was recommended (we did much more than cited as needed) and if construction cleanup would be needed (answer: no). Communication after the sale was poor, and it was a much longer wait than expected. We removed window coverings, moved furniture and decorative items and such prior to the scheduled install date, only to have a no show.

Short story was that communication and confirmation was quite poor. There was then an understandable weather delay, but the installers arrived very late on the next date a month later. The four installers were cordial, but there were apparent language barriers and they never would introduce themselves. The install was incredibly dirty both inside and out, no contamination control was exercised, was rushed, and clean up was very poor. Many hours of cleanup was required and is still ongoing 4 months later. Some good news. The actual product appears to be working well. Reinstallation of one seriously leaking window by a different service rep was handled quite well, and window handles were installed where needed. But I wished we had gone with the firm who replaced windows at a prior home or the firm that had replaced 80+ windows at a facility for me. The signage announcing our Renewal installation was

Renewal by Andersen response

Kathy, I'm terribly sorry to hear about the lack of communication among other issues you had with your installation. I've shared your feedback with the manager of the location you worked with this morning.

Original review: July 1, 2022

I had some windows installed through Renewal by Andersen and I like the windows a whole lot. The team was very good at what they were doing.

Original review: June 30, 2022

Renewal by Andersen gave me a good price. I was impressed with their professionalism. They treated my wife with respect. They were not talking down to her because she was a female like some people do. They answered our questions even if we thought the questions were silly. The initial gentleman who came out to give me the estimate was very straightforward answering my questions. We talked about a window that my wife and I weren't sure if it needed to be replaced. He was upfront and said, “It's perfectly good. It doesn't need to be replaced.” He went through and told me what was wrong with all of our current windows and how it would affect our heating and cooling bills.

The gentleman that came out and did the measuring did the same thing, was upfront with me and answered any questions that I had, made sure he did his job and did it very well. We got several double-hung windows, a large picture window, two sliding windows for our front and another larger picture window with one sliding window in the guest room. I was told the installation would take up to two days, and it came out to be where it took just over six hours. We were very happy. The cost came out to be less than what we were planning.

Original review: June 29, 2022

The rep was good with the presentation and I liked him. The installer wanted to come out a day early to get the job done. The only hiccup we had with installation was that I thought they were gonna be replacing the boards on the window seal itself and that it was gonna be framed back out. They did as far as putting the trim work on the outside but they didn't replace the window seal area. My wife called and told me that they didn't have the boards. I said, “Oh, they don't have it, they don't start. Period.” And they talked to their boss and they told him to go to the lumberyard to get the one-by-fours to trim the windows back out once they were done.

They did it right. They put the cedar on the outside and pine on the inside. But by the time I got home, they were already too far into it that the window seals at the bottom never got taken out and new ones put in. I was like, “Well, I was with the impression that all will get ripped out.” They said, “There was enough money in all of this to where if there were some rotten two-by-fours, they would have got changed out as well.” So I said, “Well, that’s my fault for not being here. But y'all just do what y’all were told. I know it's not y'all.” Overall, the windows are good.

Original review: June 28, 2022

I got a back door from Renewal by Andersen. The installers were very polite and did a nice job. I love the door. It seems good quality. I was pleased with my experience.

Original review: June 27, 2022

The product is fantastic and exceeds all expectation; however, the process from contract to installation was extremely disappointing and yes it was understood touch up painting would be our responsibility. We paid 2 cash payments with 50% paid at the time of contract and the remaining 50% after installation was completed (Note: This contract was for 19 windows). The challenge was we expected +/-26 weeks and experienced 49 weeks from the time of contract to the time installation was completed and now, 2 week after completion and final payment, we are yet to receive a paid in full receipt/statement. Also, touch up painting included setting nails, repairing cracked trim, finish caulking, adding additional trim nails and then ultimately painting. Finally, the installation contractor was a no show/no call, the first scheduled installation day, causing the installation to take a portion of two weeks instead of three (3) consecutive days in one week.

Renewal by Andersen response

Tim, thank you for your honest feedback. I'm very sorry to hear about the miscommuniation and the hassle of your experience. I'll be sharing this feedback with the team right away.

Original review: June 27, 2022

The reps laid it out for me and told me what it would cost. I was very happy with them. The installation was excellent. So far, the quality of the windows is great. I would recommend Renewal by Andersen to anybody. It's a little bit more expensive than the others but you get what you pay for.

Original review: June 26, 2022

The gentleman who gave the estimate went through everything very thoroughly. I was really pleased with him because I was thinking about getting another estimate but I didn't. When the techs came to install, they were really professional. They explained what they were going to do and told me what had to be done. When they put the windows in, they sanded some uneven parts. It was really nice and everything was flushed in the way it was. They cleaned up behind themselves and broke it down as to how to open and close the windows.

Renewal by Andersen Company Information