2. Homeowners

4.1/5 (177 ratings)
Shop Now
Call Now Toll Free

About Renewal by Andersen

Renewal by Andersen is a full-service manufacturer and installer of replacement windows and doors. Windows are custom-built, professionally installed and backed by a strong warranty. The company offers free in-home consultations to go over your needs and design options. Renewal by Andersen is located in more than 100 U.S. markets and has installed nearly 3 million windows.

Pros

• Customized orders
    • Free in-home consultation
    • Warranty covers installation
    • Financing available

Cons

• Three to seven weeks to manufacture
    • Can be expensive

Bottom Line

Renewal by Andersen offers long-lasting replacement windows with a strong warranty and excellent customer reviews. It has a variety of styles and custom sizes available. Schedule a free consultation for more information.

Renewal by Andersen Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Renewal by Andersen?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Renewal by Andersen?

Original review: June 28, 2021

Patio Door purchase and installation - sales person Isaiah was wonderful, respectful and not pushy. Provided info and options in a friendly, knowledgeable manner. The install was well done by the team - respectful, friendly, well-trained, quick. Clean up and protection of our property was great. One glitch was communications fail with their change of our appointment for install and failure to inform us. Also, using wrong cell phone to communicate on reschedule date to inform us of actual arrival time. But would recommend Renewal by Anderson and consider them again myself.

Original review: June 24, 2021

I’ve had Andersen windows in previous houses. Now, I replaced seven sliding doors with these Andersen doors. Then they put in one window as well in the kitchen. My sister also used them at the same time. Since we sort of did it together, we got a bigger discount. We got the same representative and they counted us as one job so that helped. It saved us a little money. I tried to get hold of one rep because we changed from unfinished wood to a white finish on some trim and I wanted to make sure he caught that before manufacturing and shipping would start... His mailbox was full and it took a little while to hear back from him. I also found out later that he was out for a period. Somebody had died in his family, so that was forgivable. Overall, I'm happy with them.

Original review: June 24, 2021

From the initial visit from Jeff, the sales rep, to the end project, I can’t say enough good things. Jeff was professional and to this day has no problem answering my questions. The crew of Steve, Ed, and Ryan arrived on time, worked professionally and efficiently. They were kind and respectful, and cleaned up so well! My home looked like no one had been there working! Except that my house looks sooo much nicer than it did with my gorgeous windows and patio doors! Thank you so very much. You really do get what you pay for with Andersen Windows.

Original review: June 18, 2021

My wife and I have agreed to do business with them and my wife signed a contract with them in which the sales rep was sure to state that we had 72 hours to cancel. Upon reviewing our budget we have reached out 36 hours later to cancel. We faxed over the cancellation form twice and emailed it. However we are unable to reach anyone in the company to verify that they received it. We keep getting the run around telling us that we need to speak to someone else. Every reply is that we need to speak to someone else. The sales rep has been unresponsive and I get the feeling that they're are dragging their feet until after the 72 hours has expired which falls on a Saturday conveniently enough.

Renewal by Andersen response

Hi John, thank you for taking the time to leave us your honest feedback. We apologize for the inconvenience and we have notified your local store about this issue. Someone should be in touch.

Original review: June 16, 2021

My parents have had Andersen windows and sliders. They've had them for over 30 years. So, I knew they were great. Everyone was awesome. We've been using the slider today, and let the dog out, and everything's wonderful.

Renewal by Andersen response

Thank you for your review, John! It was great working with your family on this project. We hope you are all enjoying the new sliders!

Original review: June 14, 2021

Sergei and Andrew, the installers, were amazing. We asked to have them back because they did such a good job a year ago. Ryan was our sales rep and we reached out to him at the time we thought the price point would be better. He was helpful a year ago when we used them and he was similarly knowledgeable and helpful. He reminded us that good things come in fours with Renewal by Andersen. We did a little more than we thought we would because we had a group of three that was going to be a year from now project. We decided, given the typical pattern of sales, to do it all this year. But the best part by far was the install team and their professionalism, their care for our place, clean-up, the way they covered things as they came in the door and worked through the house. They finished early and everything was wrapped up well.

We installed the product in our previous home in Arden Hills over a period of about four years. We redid the windows there four at a time but when we moved into this place, the windows were 20 years old and they were coming apart in places around the edges. We could have done it cheaper by having someone replace the wooden frames around the windows but we were so convinced that the Andersen product and the Fibrex framing stuff were worth the extra money.

We're very satisfied customers. The thing that trips up some people is the price point. There are other options that are less expensive, but the quality of the product and the quality of service was worth the extra. In our previous house, Renewal by Andersen contacted us out of the blue to replace four windows that they discovered that had a defect in them in the manufacturing. They came and replaced them at no charge. So, we've had experience with the guarantee and that they stand behind things matters for us as well.

Renewal by Andersen response

Hi James! Thank you for your feedback, we are happy to hear about your experience with our team. Please don't hesitate to reach out in the future with any questions!

Original review: June 13, 2021

I waited 2 months for my patio doors! Project start date finally - June 3, 2021. Salesman Nick said my existing trim (molding, etc.) was "oak", and that it would be replaced with oak. Job boss Carlos said I do not have oak. I asked carpenter Brandon what type of wood was he putting up and he said "poplar"! Told him it was supposed to be oak! Brandon said Carlos would speak to me about "that", which he finally did by telling me I did not have oak trim. I was ok with the poplar because it is a hard wood! My deceased husband & I had the home built and we were very hands on. Unfortunately, I do not know my woods and husband isn't here to ask abut the trim. You can bet that I will find out, as I have a piece of the original trim.

Job occurred on a Thursday. Fri afternoon I received a voice mail from the office stating that "the crew that they had the wrong type of trim that they brought out & they want to schedule a day/time to swap out the trim"! You must understand that this happened an entire day later. I was and still am very, very angry and upset. It ruined my entire weekend. AND this was after all of the talk about the different types of wood trim!!!! I could not believe it. I cussed at the gal who tried to reschedule. AND, I had already stained the trim around one of my patio doors!!!! (I had 2 doors installed.) Of course office manager Tom ** called me Saturday and said "I understand that there is a problem". Why did he call? He KNEW there was a problem! I explained the entire scene, once again.

The wood that RBA wanted to install after they removed the poplar was PINE!!!! What? He said too that pine is better for staining! IT IS NOT! I also told Mr. **, shame on Carlos and maybe Nick too, for one of them not having the balls to call me and instead have the "girl" office worker call! This whole thing is incredible, unbelievable and downright disgusting. Further, one of the most prominent trim boards hung was partially very dark and green. It also had a few grooves. I had to use wood filler before I stained! I have personally picked out boards in lumber yards, and that board would have went into the burn pile! I do have before pics of the board. Too, there was a hole in the floor and Carlos said it was going to be fixed! Well, it was almost fixed. There's still a tiny section visible.

The 4-man crew worked well together, & I was impressed, but that didn't last long. This 70ish woman had her work cut out for her ....staining, sanding, etc. I did pay a blind company to remove and rehang my blinds, so I had a time frame to complete my work! I wanted my home back together and wasn't about to start over again with a mess. I started this project with RBA on 3/29! Think I waited long enough. ** did offer to pay someone to stain for me because I was so angry and hurt, but I refused. Give me some money off of this horrendously expensive production instead. I know that won't happen and it pains me profusely to pay Green Sky because they paid YOU for a poor orchestrated installation.

My entire house is Andersen; not RBA. I received no apology and frankly, it don't matter now. I wish I never selected YOU. It was the blind leading the blind. Too, the boss manager Carlos and all others, should explain the warranty, etc. to all customers. That wasn't done for me. I asked and with a smart-ass type of response..."25 years! Don't you know that?" I did not! My Andersen windows were 20 years warrantied. And where is the documentation that states 25 years? I also asked if the warranty is transferrable. Carlos said it was. Where is that documentation? As I've been saying...this whole process was a nightmare which made me very, very upset.

Original review: June 13, 2021

The installation was fabulous but the rep from Renewal by Andersen who came and spoke to us went past fabulous. My daughter and I had the best time with him. He was professional and very personable. Both the cost and the work were perfect so I had no problems with either one.

Renewal by Andersen response

Hi Darlene, thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback! We appreciate your kind words about our team.

Original review: June 12, 2021

We replaced six windows in the whole house and one sliding door. It was a three-day job in the calendar but the reps finished on the same day. Back then, it was still a little bit chilly outside in New England but you can tell that there's no air coming through the windows anymore. So, you can tell a difference there. We had one of the windows in our kitchen that we couldn't even open anymore, which was a fire hazard. So now, we're able to open this window and that was nice. If you look at the window, they seem almost they have a tint on it. The reps explained that it was for UV rays or for the sun so the house doesn't get as hot such that there's nothing going through. The windows are expensive so it's not an option for everyone but it was great and worth the expense. Overall, we're very happy with the windows and we had a good service from Renewal by Andersen.

Original review: June 11, 2021

The windows and doors are great products if you get the right installers. However, the Customer Service you get from RBA of TN (unless you can deal directly with people in Knoxville) after the product goes in is less than desirable. They will tell you one thing and then do another. On March 15, 2021, my housekeeper discovered one of our RBA windows had a crack. I was not home for the winter, and she could not tell whether the glass was broken from the inside or outside. When she called the service department and they asked if she knew how it happened, she said she “THOUGHT a bird MIGHT have flown” into the glass but there was no impact marks nor feathers nor dead birds around.

RBA in Indiana immediately called me and said that because my housekeeper said a bird flew into the window it was not covered under the warranty and would cost $750 to replace. I said I wasn’t paying a dime until they first sent a technician out to see what had happened because a neighbor had looked at the window and told me it looked as if the window was not broken from the outside but from the inside. A service tech did go out and look and, indeed, the glass was broken from the inside. RBA in Indiana still called and said it would now cost $1,286 to replace the window.

The problem was, their service tech was saying window not glass so they were pricing the cost to replace the whole window, when all that had to be replaced was the glass in the window. The problem was that they were trying to get out of replacing the glass based on my housekeeper saying a bird might have flown into the glass, but when they found out the glass was broken from the inside; the corporate office still insisted I pay for repair. The original franchisee I dealt with when replacing the windows was purchased by a larger franchisee who is in another state and owns many other RBA franchises. It is very difficult to receive the same level of Customer Service in this situation.

The service needed in one state is even scheduled by people working in another state and they have no idea about the area in which they are scheduling the service. They told me a service tech would be out at 9 a.m., and when he was not at my home by 10:10 a.m., I called only to find out they had rescheduled him for Noon and didn’t call to tell me. Very upsetting. Thank goodness the service tech called and let me know he had to come out and get the right numbers to re-order the glass because RBA in Indiana had ordered the wrong glass for the window. It has been a nightmare since The Davidson Group took over RBA of Knoxville, TN. It is now June 11, 2021 and the glass discovered broken March 15, 2021 is still not repaired.

Renewal by Andersen Company Information