2. Homeowners

4.3/5 (220 ratings)
Shop Now
Call Now Toll Free

About Renewal by Andersen

Renewal by Andersen is a full-service manufacturer and installer of replacement windows and doors. Windows are custom-built, professionally installed and backed by a strong warranty. The company offers free in-home consultations to go over your needs and design options. Renewal by Andersen is located in more than 100 U.S. markets and has installed nearly 3 million windows.

Pros

• Customized orders
    • Free in-home consultation
    • Warranty covers installation
    • Financing available

Cons

• Three to seven weeks to manufacture
    • Can be expensive

Bottom Line

Renewal by Andersen offers long-lasting replacement windows with a strong warranty and excellent customer reviews. It has a variety of styles and custom sizes available. Schedule a free consultation for more information.

Renewal by Andersen Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Renewal by Andersen?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Renewal by Andersen?

Original review: Sept. 13, 2021

The windows are beautiful. Install looks great. Wife said installers were courteous and even wore shoe covers in the house, so I’m glad there were no issues there. Kevin, sales guy, was thorough and knowledgeable and did a great job breaking down the competitive advantage of his products. I had another company out here to that quoted slightly cheaper, but I still went with RBA by Mr. **. He also did a great job tailoring the product to suit my primary concern. Took months to get the install done. Wish the turnaround was quicker, but I’m sure that can be attributed to the pandemic. They sent me a change request on my contract which I totally misinterpreted, and I thought they installed the wrong windows. Turns out they didn’t. Product delivered was as promised but, barring my own miscalculation, the change language could have been clearer. Otherwise, I had zero issues, and Looking forward to see how the install and products hold up.

Renewal by Andersen response

Shawn, thanks for that feedback. If you have any issues, questions, or concerns, please let us know! Appreciate you trusting our team with your project. Thanks again for taking a minute to leave us a review - it's much appreciated. Have a great week!

Original review: Sept. 8, 2021

We called Renewal by Andersen and made an appointment. The salesperson came out and was on time, very friendly and cordial. After that, the measurer came out and did an excellent job. Both the salesperson and the measurer did a very thorough job. After that, it went to the manufacturer. We were called when the windows were ready for installation and we were given a choice of when we wanted them installed. We chose to wait. It was during the pandemic, and we have two children who are at high risk. They held our windows in storage for a year for us and never flinched. They were cooperative whenever we talked with them, and they said, “No problem. We'll do it when you are ready.” The installation, when we finally decided on it, went very smooth, and the people were very careful. We were completely pleased with how it all went. I would recommend them.

Renewal by Andersen response

Hi Elaine! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, we are so glad to hear your installation went well and that you are happy with your new windows! We appreciate your trust in Renewal.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2021

The original windows in the house were Andersen. Considering the house is over 40 years old and we still had the original windows, we wanted to stick with Andersen. The original set had lasted for such a long time. We had sliders installed and there were also glass sliding doors. We loved Josh, our consultant. He was super nice, helpful, and knowledgeable. Also, all of our interactions with the installation team were very positive. There were a couple of issues they came out and fixed for us. The cost is high but we are planning on never having to do this again in our lifetime.

Renewal by Andersen response

Hi Rebecca! We appreciate the kind words and you trusting us with your replacement project! It was awesome working with you.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2021

Where are the weatherstrips?! Is there a worldwide shortage? What else could explain a 90 day radio-silence from Renewal by Andersen? It’s been 2 hurricanes and a tropical storm—going on two since I’ve seen the install crew or heard from them. I knew this wasn’t going to end well when they (the installers) showed up 4 hours past the schedule timeframe. To blame it on the “much bigger project” you did before arriving late is one thing but to rush my 3-window and a door and disappear for 3 months is beyond unprofessional. It’s crooked. Every time I call they just say the same thing, “waiting on the weatherstripping, we’ll call you when we have an update“. Well here’s an update for you…I should have gone with Pella Windows.

Renewal by Andersen response

Hi! First we want to apologize for the inconvenience! Unfortunately due to production slow downs across the globe and labor shortages we are experiencing product shortages including weather-strips. However, our team is aware of your concerns and we are working on a resolution to get this taken care of for you. We appreciate your patience during this time!

Original review: Sept. 1, 2021

If you have shutters, they will have to come down. Wish I knew that to begin with. Installation was very poor. They did not tent the rooms until the 2nd day, I insisted. There were flaws in the product, but they still installed it. I have to wait for new pieces to be made at the factory, but they don't have any idea how long that will be. The windows are awesome, and do keep the heat out.

Renewal by Andersen response

Hi Melissa! Thank you for bringing this to our attention, our team is aware of this issue and we are working towards a resolution. We appreciate your patience and trust in our team to get this resolved.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2021

There needed to be more time put in place for the installation. They came at around 10:00 and went till 7:00 at night and it was a little rushed at the end. Also, the caulking was not the best. I noticed quite a few gaps. I ended up contacting the guy who installed and he came back and addressed them. But later, I still saw more gaps. Luckily, he left behind the tube of caulk and I went back and did my best to fill those gaps. It's not ideal, though. But the installation was good, overall, and the windows are excellent. I have more windows to do in the future and I would consider Renewal.

Renewal by Andersen response

Hi Ray! Thank you for leaving us your honest feedback and we do apologize for the inconvenience! Your review has been passed along to our install team at your local store so they are aware of this going forward. Please don't hesitate to reach out in the future with questions or concerns. We appreciate your trust in Renewal!

Original review: Aug. 12, 2021

From the appraisal to the finish of the project everyone was very professional. There were very few questions and those that we did have were answered completely. The project went as scheduled. Everyone showed up at the scheduled time. Work was completed without problems and when we got home you would have never known that the door was put in except for the new door being in place. Very neat and clean. We are extremely happy with this project.

Renewal by Andersen response

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback Rick! We are glad to hear everything went smoothly with your install and that you are pleased with the results! Thank you for trusting Renewal.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2021

Our new window is huge, which is nice, and a lot of air is coming through. The birds smack into them every once in a while, but we're getting over that. The only thing that is not quite good is it's hard to slide because there's nothing really square to grab on to. There are rounded edges, so it's kind of occlude. It's doable, but it's not simple.

Renewal by Andersen response

Hi Perry! Thank you for you feedback, we appreciate it. We will be sure to pass this along to our team to see if there are any design solutions we can come up with to solve this problem in the future.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2021

I was quoted $78,000 for sliding glass door replacement. Went to a certified Andersen door company not Andersen Renewal and the doors were 10,000 for the whole remodel. I got a quote from a local distributor of Andersen doors original and the total cost for my project was $10,000. Andersen Renewal representative quoted me 78,000 for the same exact doors to be replaced.

Renewal by Andersen response

Hi, thank you for your feedback. We apologize for any inconvenience however we do want to explain that Andersen Windows and Renewal by Andersen products are not that same because everything at Renewal in made custom for your specific replacement needs. The customization combined with our full service installation and warranty will typically result in a higher price point per project when compared to Andersen Windows. We will however be passing this feedback a long to your local store for review to ensure that they are quoting you a fair and accurate price.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2021

I deal with Andersen all the time. As far as windows and doors, it’d be Andersen. I've purchased nine double-hung windows and we also got a sliding door. They just put that in. They got a nice metal that makes the door easy to slide and glide. Also, the installers showed us how to clean the windows. I just slide them down and I can clean the inside and outside really easy, which is what I like about them.

Renewal by Andersen response

Hi James! We are really glad to hear that you like the new windows and door we installed! The team had a great time working with you on this project and we appreciate your trust in us to get the job done.

Renewal by Andersen Company Information