2. Homeowners

Call Now Toll Free
Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.70/5
Shop Now

Renewal by Andersen is the full-service window-replacement division of 114-year-old Andersen Corporation, the owner of the most trusted family of window brands in America.

Renewal was founded with a mission to redefine the industry and to offer a different—and better—window-replacement experience.

Renewal by Andersen’s Signature Service is committed to giving you the best customer experience possible, through the perfect combination of the best people in the industry, a superior process, and an exclusive product.

Renewal by Andersen Video
Renewal by Andersen Call Now Toll Free (888) 570-8481 Learn More Shop Now
Call Now Toll Free

Renewal by Andersen Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Renewal by Andersen?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Renewal by Andersen?

Original review: April 23, 2020

I worked with Renewal because their product is far superior and because of their track record. The gentleman that came out here was fantastic. That was the wealth of knowledge. I purchased the slider windows and the timeline they gave is reasonable since they have to make them per order and in light of the current situation.

Original review: April 22, 2020

Our house was built in ’92 and one of the windows on the patio door was fogged over and it was like 30 years old. Andersen windows are currently in the house and we called them to give us a quote at replacing the patio door. They were very prompt and the gentleman was extremely helpful. The only thing was to have a full patio door and to have it replaced, the cost was more than what we wanted to spend.

Original review: April 20, 2020

I heard from co-workers about Renewal by Andersen and I also did general research online. I think Andersen has better quality than other windows. We had them install windows in the whole house. We had two different installments, one last year and one this year. They gave us timelines and they were early in both cases. They were both done well too.

The installation was fine although they had a couple of issues the second time. But they came back and fixed them all. One issue was a pane came out of the box with cracks. They had a replacement sent via FedEx later on but it came that way out of the box. It was no big deal, though. It was only one pane and it’s double pane so they got it fixed and replaced within four weeks. We're good now. The quality has been great. Renewal by Andersen was very professional and it was good doing business with them. I would recommend them again.

Original review: April 18, 2020

Do not get fooled by fancy salesperson, fancy demos and all the promises made. One of the biggest factors in choosing Andersen was the level of service they supposedly provide. From the day after the salesperson left with our money, the service was terrible. Lack of communication to set up follow up appointments, inaccurate window counts, and install date problems were just the beginning of issues. We had no clue whether the install date was going to happen until the crew showed up (with no phone call). When the crew got there, the paperwork was missing so they had to guess which windows go in which spot. They guessed wrong and had to redo two windows. There were also several issues with the install quality, which was eventually pointed out by the supervisor. The crew had to waste another day redoing all these windows.

Then it turns out 2 out of the 20-something windows were the wrong color - but the old windows were already taken out so they had to be installed anyway. It is like, really? How does that happen - what kind of QA is in place on the assembly line and order packaging and shipping to not catch that? I still haven't heard from anyone on any timeline to fix the issue and for the money paid, I can say this was not worth it.

The only positive thing is that the install crew was really nice and respectful and just a good group of guys. The windows are nice, but all-in-all, I should have just went with one of the big box competitor. I feel like an idiot for overpaying for service that is a total lie. Quality of windows is nice, but honestly, I really doubt it is so much more superior than others so it really isn't worth it. Trust me - save yourself several thousand dollars and just call someone like Wallside or whatever. Do more shopping around, don't believe the sales pitch and get suckered like I was.

Original review: April 17, 2020

The Andersen sales rep did a good job because honestly, I wasn't looking at purchasing but we bought four different panes and a sliding door. I was not looking at doing that much, but since this house was built in 1955, he talked with us about energy kind of conservation and the house being warmer. I don't know that much about structure windows so I didn't know what I wanted or what to do. He explained things and he was patient. He told us was that when the seal around the windows gets old, it gets moisture in there, and then you can't get rid of it. When you look at your window it's not clear.

Around February the sliding door was really heavy and kind of stuck. My partner was fine about it and said that it will loosen up. We just need to keep using it. I'm 65 years old. I'm not that strong. I didn't want to have a workout every time I open the sliding door. The company called and I didn't think anybody was going to follow up. They brought somebody out here and they didn't charge us. They loosened it up a little bit and the door was easier to open which was all I wanted. For the amount of money I paid, I would have been pretty upset if they didn't come back and make it right, and they did.

Our room is big and kind of vaulted ceilings, and there's a lot of south-facing windows. We wanted the seal to be tight, so we didn't get the draft. It wasn't freezing cold in those rooms and that's been good. You can see out the windows and they're very clear and have no little rainbow things that you see sometimes. We're really happy with them.

Original review: April 16, 2020

Updated on 04/27/2020: I am following up on my recent negative review of April 16, 2020. On April 17 under the direction of Joe **, an Install Manager, based in Northborough, MA, a crew headed by “Greg” came to reinstall the $9000 leaking window that was installed in April 2019. They assured me the leak was remedied this time, but sure enough ten days later my tenants found the window leaking again. Mind you this is after a leak was to have been remedied last July 2019, then again in January 2020, and finally now in April 2020. Numerous crews have been sent out over and over again.

When I called Joe to tell him the window was leaking yet again he said when they reinstalled the window ten days ago they didn’t have the correct weatherstripping. Even though he knew that, he didn’t tell us. What he did tell us was that if the window leaked again it was probably because the weather stripping had shrunk as it does over time. Learning of this recent leak, he said he will get back to me after checking to see if the thicker weatherstripping is in stock. So we wait again in rainy weather as the window drips down the wall and pools on the sills no doubt causing more damage to the walls and trim. Joe should have been proactive and told us the truth that the crew didn’t have the correct weatherstripping and that a crew would come back as soon as it was in stock. I continue to be very upset with Renewal by Andersen’s handling of this issue and recommend that you think twice about hiring them for your window needs.

Original review: Renewal by Andersen installed a $9000 picture window in my rental property last April 2019. At the beginning of July 2019 my tenants noticed the window was leaking in several places at which time I called the Service Department. It is now April 2020, a year from installation, and the window is still leaking. We have had multiple visits from various service people within the company, all purporting to be the most knowledgeable and talented. The window is leaking more than it did before! A crew is coming tomorrow and management has promised to remedy the poor installation, but I have lost all faith in Renewal by Andersen‘s expertise. I am extremely disappointed with the improper installation and will never use Renewal by Andersen again.

Renewal by Andersen response

Hi Sandra- I am sorry to hear about your clearly negative experience with our team. I will be sure to check in with the teams after the service call. I will also pass this along to the local leaderships teams. Thank you!

Original review: April 16, 2020

Updated on 05/01/2020: This is a follow up to the review I left on April 16, 2020. Renewal by Andersen prides itself on quality customer service and I have received anything but! My 4 windows were installed on 12/05/19 for $15,190 and they have been leaking ever since. After service appointments in January (2nd attempt) and February (3rd attempt) the problems still existed. After numerous phone calls and emails Scott ** the service manager sent out a "senior installer" (4th attempt). Who told me that the original installers did not seal the PVC drip cap to the trim as there should have been a flange on top of the drip cap and there was not. Please see the window picture below.

The discoloration on the window pane is from the poor installation. It was two man job so I had to make yet another appointment. These windows were not installed correctly by whatever sub-contractor in CT that Andersen hired. It has been a complete nightmare dealing with this company. I am a repeat customer of the recent past and so is my family. We have spent thousands on this product and have never had issues like this before. The product is superior but the terrible subcontractors that this company uses are awful.

The amount of aggravation I have had to go through dealing with this situation abhorrent. I even had to go out in the Pandemic to deal with this. This is customer service and satisfaction? When I complained they did nothing. They said it was my siding on the house. When I asked too for a discount on the windows they refused. They just lost several repeating customers. Will never use this company again. Very, very disappointed and dissatisfied.

Original Review: Replacement windows installed 12/05/19. Leaking in January. Two follow-up appointments with "technicians". I've been told that the cause of the problem is the siding on my house runs vertically instead of horizontally. They recommend I replace the siding on my home! This is absurd! The previous windows were there for 35 years. No leaks. These windows are the wrong size. Just spent $15,000 on leaky windows! Customer service is awful!! Salesman was rude. They have been giving me the run around since installation.

Renewal by Andersen response

Hi Carla- I am sorry to hear about your clearly negative experience with us. I will escalate this to the proper team right away. Thank you!

Original review: April 16, 2020

I had Renewal by Andersen do a storm door for me. My mom knows the salesman and I went to high school with the salesman’s dad. The work is not done yet. The time frame is a little different now because their manufacturer for the door in Ohio has shut down. Other than that, it was a good experience so far. Their rep said he’d be there in a couple of days and called me beforehand. He came in within a day and measured it. He gave me the options then ordered it. But now, he is just waiting until he can get that door from Ohio.

Original review: April 14, 2020

Renewal by Andersen gave a bid on paper. They responded and there was good communication. They were prompt with their return messages and emails. Besides needing improvement in their price, they’ve been excellent.

Original review: April 13, 2020

Renewal by Andersen is a reliable company. We got a couple of windows from them and they told me window replacement takes four to six weeks. The rep was very knowledgeable. He more or less sold us. At installation they were very efficient and quick. They did a really great job. The price was really high though.

Renewal by Andersen Company Information