2. Homeowners
  3. Vacuum Cleaners

3.9/5 (299 ratings)

About Rainbow Vacuum

Rainbow Vacuum Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rainbow Vacuum?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rainbow Vacuum?

Original review: July 29, 2021

I has a demo done and when Shawn showed me all the mess my vacuum cleaner did not pick up I was grossed out!! I bought it and absolutely love it!! For one, I have a bad back and the vacuum is easy to use with no back strain! Secondly, the purifier on the vacuum and the small one (that was a gift!) have helped me tremendously in the few days I have had it. I have COPD and a husband that has sleep apnea... I am having deeper sleep and less use of inhalers and he is snoring less and not tossing and turning as much! Shawn is a great rep and very thorough on how everything works and its benefits! She has so much energy and love of the product it makes you excited and want to buy it!!! This thing is worth every penny I will spend!! Thank you Shawn!!!

Original review: May 1, 2021

We purchased our Rainbow D4 vacuum cleaner in 1994 and we are still use it now in April 2021. The only replacement is the hose with the switch on and that’s pretty good when a modern UK vacuum only lasts about five years. So yes I am well pleased with our £1500 vacuum cleaner, and we also have some kitchen pans purchased at the same time and they are like new. Great product. Regards Nev ** May 1st 2021.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2020

I bought my Rainbow in 1986 not long after my first husband and I built our house. Both of us thought it was absolutely awesome. My husband even wanted to sell them and he did that for a while. I have a different husband now, but the same house and the same Rainbow. I think my husband had to have something on it repaired several years ago, but that is all that's ever been required. It still runs today like it did when it was new. I know there have been a lot of improvements made since 1986, but I can't justify buying another one when this still performs like it's new. Anything that performs that well and that long is top quality in my book. The distributor in my town provided great service when we had the one repair and when we bought new brush attachments. I would give this company and vacuum 10 stars if I could!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2020

So my grandma had a Rainbow in the mid 1980s. She loved it and years later I moved to another state and I remembered her Rainbow when I was looking for a vacuum for my new house. I called Rainbow and bought one. I didn't even want them demo. I bought brand new a gold 2 speed in summer 2006. I never let anyone use it but me. I have 2 cats. I've never had problems with clogs. I'm reading through the reveiws about clogs. I suppose that could happens with an unusually large amount of hair. Anyway, I've used my machine a lot over the years, even to clean the garage floor with the squeegee....

Last year, my rainbow stopped working. I took it to the Rainbow place here in Lexington and they called me and said it was the control board and those models from 2004 to 2009 had a lot of warranty problems so the company made a much better board, which he installed. He said he's never seen a rainbow as old as mine that clean, even the fans didn't need cleaning. These machines are not for everyone because some people just don't want to deal with the setup, storage. I don't mind it because in the long run I don't have to clean as often.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2020

We have owned the Rainbow since April 2020 and my mom has not been to the ER not once since we got it. If you knew my mom you would know how amazing that is and how it has changed her life for the better. This machine is worth every penny!!!! #ilovemyrainbow

Original review: July 12, 2021

This vacuum works well, but... they sell fragrance because it smells so terrible. It's awful. The pricing is not consistent. If your credit score is low you will pay more. Do yourself a huge favor. Buy a Dyson and a Roomba.

Original review: April 21, 2021

First of all, I am completely satisfied with the actual product. Having said that, the program offered to "earn" your Rainbow for "free" is a fraud. I did receive my $3000 check last evening after waiting 8 weeks for completing my obligations for the program. I was also told to sign a 1099 for the check, and told that the check falls under "lottery" taxes. This places it at a higher tax rate that will substantially diminish the actual $3000 I "earned" back.

This information was NEVER conveyed during my sales presentation, let alone the other 12 presentations that I scheduled and participated in. We were ALL told that we'd receive the $3000 back minus the sales tax. I sold 5 units out of the 12 showings. I did receive the promotional products in accordance with the program as promised. I had to call the 5 buyers last evening and tell them the actual conditions they'd receive their $3000 back once completing the program. Needless to say they were not happy. This has placed me in a very difficult situation due to scheduling these presentations with trusted friends/family only to find out that I endorsed a misleading/fraudulent program.

Original review: April 8, 2021

Breathe better and sleeping better within one night. I noticed a change in air quality! It is fantastic! Especially with myself having asthma and having a dog in the home. I am beyond glad to have ventured out to see what the Rainbow can do! Better health!

Original review: April 7, 2021

The demonstration shown was amazing. We had no intention of buying the product but was convinced once shown. We have enjoyed the vacuum so far and it does a much better job than other brands. Air quality in the home has definitely improved.

Original review: March 29, 2021

First off, I’m not one to write bad reviews. At all. I usually only ever give 5 stars unless the situation really warrants less. This...this warrants much less than even the 1 star I have to give. This vacuum was fantastic the first month or two we owned it. Then things went downhill. Our horse hair bristle brush BROKE. We now have it tied together with rubber bands just so we can vacuum our hardwood. The hinges stopped working where the water bowl goes so you better hope you’re good at multitasking so you can get the water bucket in place while also holding up the heavy top. Several other broken pieces that we are now being told we have to pay for, because that’s not covered under warranty.

Now, let’s get into the clogging problem with the big attachment. I can vacuum ONE rug and it’s completely clogged and shoots dust EVERYWHERE. We have 2 dogs. Not an abundance of dogs, just two. It shouldn’t be clogged after one rug. You have to stop and clean the attachment out after each rug or room or you’ll continuously have this issue.

We are now recently having suction issues. Yesterday it wouldn’t even suck up a FEATHER. The rep asked me if it the hose was clogged. The answer to that...no. I clean it very regularly. The hose gets sprayed out with the outside (very powerful) water hose each use. No. It’s not “clogged” but dang skippy that large carpet attachment still is no matter how well you clean it.

The kicker of the whole thing, you can’t return it. You can’t do anything with it. You’re stuck with that payment. They completely screw you up, down, to the east and west. It’s messed up and a horrendous product. Oh and guess who has to pay for any repairs!? I DO. You pay $4000 for a VACUUM and they take even more money from you when their ** product fails you in every single way. Stay away from Rainbow. Just save yourself the trouble, time, and definitely money. I wish I would have.

Original review: March 25, 2021

I hosted a demo of the vacuum system for a friend and agreed to do their 12 demos 2 sales program. First of all, let me start by saying my rep is very nice, but she is located 3 hours away from me. This makes scheduling demos hard as she wants me to spend my ENTIRE weekend with her at people's houses demoing the product. Second, to 'qualify' as a true demo towards your 12, you have to only contact couples who own their homes. Single homeowners, or renters won't qualify if they do not purchase the product.

Third, they check all of your appointments through county tax records to verify if they are owners or not. If they can't find proof, they ask you to provide court documents or some other proof of their ownership. This is not only shady but incredibly invasive. Fourth, I have just been notified that they are canceling one of my appointments because they won't allow the rep to travel to me for one appointment who is not "qualified" by their standards. Not even giving her a chance to see if she wants to purchase or not. They are just writing her off.

Fifth, they tell you that if they cancel an appointment, they will count it as one of your 12. That will be tested tomorrow when I call to complain. Sixth, I was told that the north office could pass me over to the office in my area, but they don't want to lose credit for the sale! While the machine is amazing, the way to get it 'free' is NOT worth the hassle. They make it look and sound so easy in the moment, but it is anything BUT easy. All of their stipulations make it almost impossible to complete.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2021

The vacuum is absolutely wonderful! But unfortunately the customer service is about the worst I have ever seen! If you purchase one of these vacuums I truly hope you do not need anything repaired or replaced. I hope you do not have any questions and I hope you do not need to pick anything up from any of the offices. You will have to google the phone number to the main office in Michigan to get anything accomplished and they will still have to call you back later. To save you some time their number is **.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2021

I purchased a new Rainbow. Paid cash. Salesman took my other rainbow to replace hose and give me an new rain jet. Promised to return it before Christmas. Well it's almost Feb and no vacuum and salesman is nowhere to be found. Number disconnected. He stole my vacuum!!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2021

During our demo we were told we could get our Rainbow free by doing this program host 12 demos/sale 2 vacuums. We sold 4 out of 12. Now we are being told 2 sales have to be A line credit. Only 1 sale was. Don't do it, scam.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2021

They go to people's houses and say that people are going to have the vacuum for free if they call someone else, but they ask you not to say exactly what it is about. Dont let them in your home or you will be in big trouble.

Rainbow Vacuum Company Information