2.98/5

Quit paying for costly home repairs

Quit paying for costly home repairs

Rainbow Vacuum Reviews

Original review: July 11, 2019

Had Rainbow for many years. Yes price is high. When I was doing a home remodeling project. I was using my home vac. A friend lend me a Rainbow. It vacuum out what my vacuum cleaner did not out of the carpet and it was the old plaster that I had to use a cement blade. Sold on Rainbow.

Original review: July 4, 2019

I wish the tank on my Rainbow was bigger. I wish that the attachments were available for purchase and not expensive. The shampoo attachments would be great to have as well. But I love my vacuum other than those issues right there.

Original review: June 29, 2019

It uses water as a filter so dust, dirt, germs and bacteria are drowned in the water rather than being blown back into the air by dry filter vacuums. It never loses cleaning ability due to clogged filter. Your home smells fresh and clean every time.

Original review: June 15, 2019

Well bought this yesterday after an excessively lengthy demo. Got up early after running the air cleaner all night and the house smelled fresh, the water had hair and white sediment, which I can only guess to be dust and dander. We have 4 animals, 3 adults and a child in our home, and live in the windy desert, with a pet door. Life is dirty and dusty in our home. Our carpet is less than two years old, and of reasonable good quality but looked dirty and not soft at all. My husband and I were discussing wood floors.

Got up at 6:30 am and got to work vacuuming. Although it needs to be cleaned, and I am waiting on my attachment, I am absolutely amazed at what this product did to get dirt and animal hair out of the carpet. As where it was like walking in a crusty surface we are now walking on soft carpet that does not look matted down. As of this morning I am happy. I don't like the $3000 price, but sacrifice has been made for a healthy family and clean home. I have an open floor plan, cooking smells everywhere, it smelled amazing this morning!!!

Original review: May 27, 2019

I had a salesperson come to my house speaking of how amazing this product was. In reality, the Rainbow is the biggest waste of money. The salesperson was unbelievably pushy until I said yes. He then ran my credit and told me that I would not have to worry about the payment at all. I now owe over $4,000 for the product! Within 2 weeks I told him I did not like the air purifier/vacuum and I wanted to return it (I used it once still to this day). He told me I was unable to return the item. On top of that, he took my old vacuum. I was infuriated. It smells absolutely terrible, though we have washed it out so many times, and the job it does is unnoticed. I without a doubt would NEVER encourage anyone to buy this product.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rainbow Vacuum?

Original review: May 20, 2019

I bought a Rainbow vacuum cleaner and all of the attachments and fragrances in the summer of 96. I absolutely loved the smell of a clean house and the red apple fragrance after using the 'air wash' feature. It was a pain to put together... You couldn't just switch it on and nip round the living room with it but the results were better than anything else I had ever owned or tried. Your house FELT clean. I paid just under 1000 GBP for it. The only problem I had was in the UK some years later the distributor disappeared and I was unable to get it serviced or get parts for it such as belts or fragrances. I retired it in 2010 and bought a Kirby, then a Dyson and currently a Shark Lift-Away. The Shark is great, the others less so but none of them are a patch on the Rainbow. I would buy another in an instant if I could get support and back up here in the UK.

Original review: May 8, 2019

Had someone come to do a demo. I liked the free air purifier. She gave the demo and the person on her ride along was pushy and made remarks to make my husband and dans I feel guilty for not wanting to buy one. My husband is a disabled vet who was in a serious motorcycle accident 3 months prior and was just returning back to work so we explained we were hesitant. They did a good demo and told me I could order and do ride alongs to get it free. So we talked later and since we have allergies and my husband has sleep apnea, PTSD nightmares we decided to try it. I am. Not at all happy with it. It doesn't seem the purifier is working and I cannot carry the vacuum up and down steps with a shoulder injury.

I had a Kirby in the 90s and this is worse than that. I almost broke a table. Because the tank knocked it over. I have reached out to return and they keep giving me a run around. No numbers. No emails. You have to go back to the original person who came to your house who of course will talk. You out of it. I need help with that and want to know if Rainbow has any idea who these ride alongs are. Do you know who is representing your product? A greedy woman working on her 2nd free vacuum who is trying to make a disabled vet feel guilty because she has 4 businesses and still has time for ride alongs. This is why I hate salespeople. They shame you into buying. Well physically I cannot use this product. Is anyone gonna help me return it?

Original review: April 26, 2019

Not worth $3000. Like someone else on this site, I normally don’t fall for a con! Must have been having a senior moment that day! When the sales woman demonstrated the machine she left it sitting on the empty box the entire time and it was really quiet. Once she left and I moved it to the family room it was so noisy, loud whining noise, I recorded it and when she stopped by my part time job, I played it for her and she acted surprised that it was so loud. She said she’d check their warehouse and see if they had another one.

A week went by, no response. I sent a text and asked what was going on, she responded saying they all sound similar to that and there was nothing they could do. I responded saying that was unacceptable and I wanted it replaced with a quiet unit or my money back. She responded that she would be at our house in an hour with another unit. It doesn’t whine like the other one but it is still loud. I would never recommend this to anyone. What a major rip off.

Original review: April 22, 2019

I have been having a horrible time trying to get someone to contact me about what is going on with my account. No one want's to help that is in charge. They do not reply to emails or callbacks. I am beginning to think it is all a scam. I have done my part in "selling" 3 Rainbows. I have called every number I have been given and found. I am so disappointed in the way the service is. WHAT CAN I DO???? Who can I call?

Original review: April 18, 2019

I did a demo for a free RainMate and was never told it was for a vacuum. When the people who were an acquaintance of mine from a previous job arrived I was told we were waiting for someone else that would be doing the demo. Which I was never told anyone else would be coming with them. Once the demonstrator showed up things went downhill. The conversation was very inappropriate especially in front of children. Luckily they weren't mine. So the inappropriate conversation continued the whole demo not just by my acquaintance and her husband but by the demonstrator as well. We are all adults so my husband and I didn't say anything and did joke as well at times but we both felt as though the man doing the demonstration and representing the Rainbow Company should have put a stop to the conversation and it wasn't just the conversation but inappropriate actions as well.

This is very poor representation of this company and was not professional at all. However b/c we were impressed with the vacuum and decided to purchase through the financing. The demonstrator did all the paperwork. Went out to call the finance company for approval which I was told we had and when our payments would be due and the amount. He said the finance company would call me that week which ended up being the following week almost 2 weeks later. Once the finance company called 2 days later we started receiving messages from the husband accusing my husband of wanting his wife and threatening him.

Now mind you we were all in the same room except one time when my husband went outside to see a friend for a couple of minutes and the wife stepped on my front porch in plain view of where I was sitting. He was never alone with her or said or touched her inappropriately and again I was right there. My landlord who was also outside never saw anything as well. This all stemmed from conversation that they started and their demonstrator allowed. We purchased the Rainbow because it is a good product and it was helping get theirs free or reduced.

Once all this started I immediately regret this purchase. I tried to return it because we did not want them getting credit after they started lies and threats. I contacted Rainbow and have been given the runaround and no one will respond to emails other than to say that they have conflicting information and will not elaborate on this. Now right at 2 months later I get a letter from the finance company saying they can't finance us and that I need to contact Dream Machine and gave me their number which by the way are the same people that would not respond to emails. I have not agreed for any other company to finance me or to have my credit run by other finance companies.

I have called and had to leave voice messages and have not received one return call and my payment through the original contract is due 4/22. I am finding that all my dealings up to this point have been very unprofessional on every level and has left me regretting ever allowing these people in my home and I will warn anyone that tells me they have a demo scheduled regarding a RainMate or Rainbow to cancel it and don't even consider it because it is not worth all this headache in the long run. I will tell my experience to them so they don't make the same mistake I did. If I can get this cursed machine out of my home I will be happy. So since I can't seem to get any help from anyone associated with this company I will be contacting my bank on the best way to handle this and possibly my attorney!!!

Rainbow Vacuum Company Information