Rainbow Vacuum

• 4%
  • 1%
  • 66%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rainbow Vacuum?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rainbow Vacuum?

Reviewed May 22, 2024

Do not take it. Sophia will forced me to take the machine, she promised all to help find 14 people that never happen, the perks and benefits I did get. They charge you $1 interest everyday with communicating. Please call the lendcare to get more information before taking the vacuum. Ripoff Ripoff!!! Wish I can give zero review.

Customer Service

Reviewed May 22, 2024

My mother bought a vacuum. During a presentation they severely disfigured a new carpet and did not follow up with us. My mom took them to another house to present, they said they couldn’t present because the “man” of the house was not present. They’ve had terrible communication and not cooperating at all. Extremely rude when taken to another presentation.

Sales & Marketing

Reviewed May 10, 2024

Did the promo sales and got the unit for $350 more than what it’s worth actually. Not free at all. I would stay far away from these bulky, hard to maneuver vacuums. They lie to you and say they’re easy but they’re not. Too many parts to keep up with and you’d be better off getting a shop vac.

Customer Service

Reviewed May 7, 2024

I bought a Rainbow. Really excited about it. My husband and I felt a little pressured. It was sold well as if it's easy but the qualifications of two home income, no apartment was too stressful and finding 12 at that. I am pregnant and immediately got stressed so I wanted to return. I also didn't like the I had to drag a humidifier behind the vacuum. I returned my vacuum and it was no big deal until they lost my vacuum they take for 800 dollars off which is 319.00 dollars I paid out of my pocket. They gave me another vacuum that they “cleaned and sanitized from another person that smells just like a dog.”

When I told them I'd rather just be credited for my vacuum I had they told me “I'm not trying to be rude but if you look at the receipt you will be given the vacuum of the same value or more.” I was originally told it was a promo vacuum which clearly was a lie. I am disgusted they would give me someone else’s vacuum from their home sanitized or not. I am very frustrated. I also had to wait a whole week with no vacuum. Then when we got it the bottom piece wasn't on so it did not work. Ghetto as hell.

Coverage

Reviewed May 3, 2024

Too big and bulky to pull around the house. It's very awkward. Cleaning the water tub also difficult, hard to get inside the tub to clean and rinse. Return policy really sucks, 2 weeks in wanted to return and was told I would lose $1000 deposit. Don't recommend!!

Reviewed April 20, 2024

It's too heavy, hard to store, nasty to clean and way too expensive. It has no more power than a Walmart vacuum but cost 15x more. I would rather buy 15 vacuums and have them light and convenient and would actually be use unlike this junk.

sally

Hate them tank things they get caught up around a corners not to mention now you have to lug this thing full of water upstairs lol not me. Who the hell invented this train wreck? This is worse than a Kirby. Don't know who in there right mind would buy one of these. They been around for a long time, it's a good thing I never heard of this thing. Rediculus!!

Reviewed April 10, 2024

I purchased the Rainbow rose and was told it could vacuum the smaller carpets also. It doesn't work so good on them and catches and tips when I go over them. I feel like it is too clumsy and hard to maneuver. I wish I wouldn't have bought it

Reviewed April 2, 2024

I cannot express how much I dislike this vacuum. It is heavy, hard to set up, hard to store and a real pain to clean out after each use. I would love to get rid of it but unfortunately owe way too much money on it. Worst purchase ever.

Customer ServicePrice

Reviewed Feb. 29, 2024

This company is one of the worst I have ever dealt with. They will tell you exactly what you want to hear just to get a sale. Dealing with United Consumer (which is the finance company) is a joke. 90% of the people I’ve talked to who have went through the program and bought the rainbow have all had issues with paying their payment even though it’s suppose to be automatically taken out. It never get taken out and when you call to try and pay it, there is an excuse every time. I was told at my demo before I bought the rainbow that I got 3 months without a payment and 12 months interest free. Come to find out, they are trying to add on $1,400 in interest because they only gave me 6 months interest free instead without my knowledge. Horrible company!!!!

Reviewed Feb. 23, 2024

This is the most overpriced vacuum on the market. There are many other similar vacuums at a fraction of the cost. Don't make the same mistake I did. Do your research and you can find a similar vacuum for less than a third of what Rainbow sells their vacuum for. Rainbow's quality is not what they used to be.

PricePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed Jan. 22, 2024

I had a representative to come to my house to show product. Nice machine and vacuum. They are fast talkers and make everything looks great. But the end result are so high it's unbelievable. Actually the machine is not worth that kind of money. Just make wise decision when purchasing don't be like me excited and now disappointed of the price.

Contract & TermsPrice

Reviewed Dec. 29, 2023

The demonstration was ok. But after a few months the Rainbow cleaned no better than any other vacuum that you can buy at Walmart. Extremely overpriced. Please don't make the mistake I made being locked into a long term contract with PCI on a vacuum that is way overpriced.

Reviewed Dec. 23, 2023

Best cleaning system. Had Dyson, Miele before and Rainbow is x10 better. Love it. Plus guys working in the office are amazing. Had issue with one of the attachments and got help right away. Love warranty and service.

Reviewed Dec. 7, 2023

I bought this vacuum a year ago, I did 6 shows and sold at every show, but since I didn't or couldn't find a couple they made me pay for the whole thing. I wouldn't do this again if you asked me. My vacuum isn't working well and they are hard to get ahold of. If you voice your opinion they will block you on every media site and they discriminate against single people. Please watch yourself before bringing in these people.

Reviewed Nov. 30, 2023

In less than a year mine needed a new motor. We were treated terrible in the process of trying to figure out what was wrong. They came and got it multiple times telling us there was nothing wrong. There was something wrong and it ended up needing a new motor. It is now not working well again and they have had the vacuum over a month and we were told it had a clogged hose. We looked through the hose before we gave it to them. And not sure why you have a vacuum for a month if it just had a clogged hose. We want to warn others against buying a Rainbow. It may be great if you get a good one but ours has been constant trouble. A cheap vacuum from Walmart will pick up lots after the rainbow we have is finished. They will say anything to get you to buy one but if you have trouble after it is a horrible experience.

Reviewed Nov. 29, 2023

Buyer beware!!! To this day I have not seen the products I was told I will get for free! I referred two people and within two weeks two other people bought a vacuum and I never got any money back!!! They were able to make leeway with other just to do a demo and they won't make any leeway for me just to complete a demo. Meanwhile TwO people bought a $4000 vacuum cleaner and made me the third fool!

Punctuality & Speed

Reviewed Nov. 29, 2023

Having 3 kids and a cat the house can collect dirt and grime quickly. I had just had my daughter’s carpet cleaned professionally due to a cat issue - within my first vacuum the amount of dirt was mind blowing. I have now cleaned all my floors. The Bonus - the air purifier - AMAZING! I want one for each floor of my house. It’s so great! I’m very happy and will continue to sing its praise to anyone who will listen.

PricePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed Nov. 25, 2023

My Rainbow worked for about a month and a half. It started making a noise and red flashing near power button. I called the people who sold it to us. What a joke. Then went around and around with the maintenance man which they said any problems they would come pick it up, fix it. No. Not true for us. Close to a year later I had to drive almost 2 hours away from where I live for a 20 minute job for them to replace the motor and separator, get it back home. Worked perfectly fine for about 6 months and it has been sitting in the closet ever since.

As much as these things cost and what we paid for ours for us to just have to leave it sitting and not use it I would not give a half of star for service. I’m not saying this happens very often but come on now. Stand by your word on a product you're going to sell the public because the Rainbow RainMate vacuum I got conned into buying is the biggest piece of junk and no I’m not happy with the vacuum or the service and yes yes I do tell people to watch out because these vacuums are NOT CHEAP!!

Process

Reviewed Nov. 10, 2023

First I would like to say that I LOVE my SRX Rainbow. Yes it a lot but it gets the job done and you don't have to worry about any extra left behind. Second the program works! You are given papers with rules as to what is allowed and not allowed for the program at the time of purchase. As long as you follow the rules and keep in touch with the office you purchased from, you shouldn't have a problem. And I know not all offices are the same, but I received my rebate through the Batesburg, SC office.

Reviewed Oct. 7, 2023

I recently bought one and I used to have a Filterqueen, filters are very expensive, I love the Rainbow. I'd rather change water out and see how gross it is and know I'm actually cleaning vs paying and choking on a dusty filter that's over $100 every 6 months for the purifier and 50 for vacuum. I wouldn't trade my rainbow for anything. I can actually breathe in my house.

Reviewed Oct. 1, 2023

OMG. I had a rainbow vacuum and it was so much work just to start it. It smelled really bad after and so nasty to clean mud! I upgraded to a new Kirby Avalir 2 and only have to change the bag once a year! Well worth the price!

Reviewed Sept. 24, 2023

I bought a Rainbow vacuum 2 years ago. Today was the day I went and bought a cheap vacuum from Walmart, because the rainbow vacuum wasn't working anymore. You have to constantly do maintenance on this vacuum, it stinks and I used to love vacuuming. I'm still making payments on it, I'm only halfway done! And the way that they convince you to buy one is genius. It's my fault for even letting this company in my house, through a friend. But I learned a lesson about pyramid companies, they are scams. This vacuum is a waste of money and time. And after using it for 2 years the Bissell I just bought had picked up so much stuff out of my carpet, it was actually shocking.

Please do yourself a favor and don't fall for it! I'm embarrassed to even say I bought one. But I would rather people know this is way overpriced, a pain in the butt to deal with, and you can't just do a quick vacuum, it has to be cleaned out otherwise your house will smell absolutely disgusting. I was going to just use it until it's paid off, but I couldn't do it anymore. I'm so glad I didn't, because what was still lying in the carpet was horrific. I have 3 cats, a dog, 2 kids and I thought buying this vacuum would keep the house healthier, it doesn't! Just buy a cheap one every year, and save yourself from making a huge financial fail.

Reviewed Sept. 18, 2023

Buying this vacuum was a huge mistake!! 1. It's way too heavy 2. It's too bulky and 3. Way too expensive. If you buy it you don't get the additional figures unless you recruit customers for them!! Even though you're paying $4000 for it. This is for sure my biggest mistake ever.

Customer ServiceContract & TermsSales & MarketingPriceStaff

Reviewed Sept. 18, 2023

Rainbow sales people will do /say anything to get you to buy one, But do not fall for the actual vacuum/air purifier/humidifier/scent booster machine. It’s a pyramid scheme. One person ”buys” it. They have to get others to buy it. They have to get others to buy it. So forth and so on. Then you have to show it to 12 different households. Out of those 12 households, there has to be 2 sales. But they have to be A-line credit. They can’t be single. Even if they do have A-1 credit if they say they can’t afford a $4000 vacuum cleaner your demo doesn’t qualify. They don’t even have to run their credit. They’ll just disqualify your demo. There’s a bunch of other shady practices they use to disqualify your demos but they’ll only tell you they don’t qualify when it’s too late.

I did 14 demos and they was directly or indirectly responsible for 4 sales. They told me their system was down but Ironically started working a few days before my program time was up. They found all kind of reasons why my demos didn’t qualify to have my vacuum paid for but they approved my demos to receive the carpet cleaner, 8 day vacation, and mini jet! Crooks Crooks Crooks! Shane called me Eric for 6 months but when I called him out on them being crooks I suddenly became Mr. ** to him. The interest rate is over 18.99. The demos are magic shows. It shows the ”oohhs” and “aahhhs”. The scam where they get you— they offer the vacuum for a price of $3900 and they tell you that you can get $600 off if you decide to take it that day. So $3300, right? WRONG.

They then tell you that you can do a “tackle-it program” where you take the sales rep to 12 people’s home, to show a demo. Okay 12 people? Not too bad. Until you read deeper into guidelines. You can’t take them to a person that is single, unless you know they will buy it. You can’t take them to someone that lives in an apartment or townhome. You can’t take them to a couple where only one person works, (both people have to be full time employed), you can’t take them to someone that lives in a trailer unless they have the deed to the land they live on. Other wise the demo doesn’t count for you. PS they never mention that stuff, they say take us to do 12 demos and keep the vacuum FOR FREE.

Okay, after agreeing to the program. Contract time. They then get you to sign a bunch of paperwork. Remember how I said wrong for the $3300 price? Well they add back $300 for taxes. So now we are at $3600. They NEVER mention a finance bill, nor do they mention an interest rate. After agreeing to this SCAM. We just kept feeling like something wasn’t right. Went back and found in the contract they added a $1100 finance charge and an 18.3% interest rate. Which put us at a around $4800 FOR A VACUUM!

Reviewed Aug. 11, 2023

This vacuum is a lot of work. It’s big and bulky and I’m constantly having to drag it around the house. The air purifier function is nice but after a while it just sucks up energy and takes up space. Every time I vacuum I have to fill and dump the water out otherwise if left in there it obviously becomes pungent. It’s quite disgusting actually especially with pet hair mixed in. They told us we could dump the water down the toilet but with pet hair it wasn’t long before it started to have an effect on our plumbing, so now we have to take it outside to dump.

Being a full time working mom I want convenience. In My temporary moment of insanity I purchased the exact opposite of that at a very high price. Let’s just say I could probably buy a roomba for myself and 10 of my friends. They don’t have much of a money back guarantee so Im stuck with it at least until I’m done paying it off. This is the absolute worse investment I’ve ever made. Some could argue that they supposedly last for 20 years, I don’t want to use this vacuum for the next 20 years! I don’t know what I was thinking it makes me literate sick to my stomach to think about it

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed July 27, 2023

I have my Rainbow cleaning system for more than a month now and I am very impressed on the machine. Our allergies have improved well. The agents who showed us this machine are very knowledgeable about their product. They are very nice. The office staff are very polite and always available to answer our questions. I am overall very happy with everything. On 4/17/23, I completed all of my demos and I am so happy that I finally got my money back! I was also able to get all the extra attachments. I would like to thank all the wonderful staff for all of help.

Customer ServiceContract & TermsPrice

Reviewed July 13, 2023

When I got my Rainbow we had a SIGNED and agreed upon contract. Rexair has not held East TN Distributors accountable for their NON-COMPLIANCE and I’m fixing to hire a lawyer since I have ALL of the emails and the contract with all the proof of what I’m owed. It’s ridiculous that anyone would give such a price for something like this, but when you do a program to get one free and end up selling 5 more for the company and get nothing, it’s pretty pathetic. Hold them accountable REXAIR. I have the paperwork if ya want to take a look at it.

I’ve waited about as long as I can before taking legal action, I’m tired of waiting. GET IT TOGETHER RAINBOW and stop letting these companies make your product look bad. Heather from East TN Distributors has done nothing but lie to people and you all won’t do anything about it. Kevin ** is supposedly taking over, but who knows, you cannot get an answer from anyone. I just feel as if I’ve waited LONG ENOUGH!!

Customer ServiceContract & TermsSales & MarketingPrice

Reviewed July 2, 2023

Luckily I realized I needed to cancel my contract within 3 days of the date it was signed. However what bothered me the most which ended up being why I canceled the contract was how discriminative the company was towards single people. They tell you in order to finance the vacuum and get it free you must do 12 demos and sell 2. In order to get credit for the demos it must be a couple? If they're single and decide to buy it counts but if they don't buy the demo it doesn't count? I recently am engaged but most of my life decided to be single and focus on my career.

If a person is interested in a demo the party selling or possibly buying shouldn't feel discriminated against because they are single. I've been In sales for over 25 years and cannot back a company who does this. Also because of this site I found out that 34% of the reviews were 1 star or less if optional. 33% was only 3 stars. If you sign the contract and wait more than 3 days you will be stuck in a contract for a vacuum which is way overpriced. Reviews for customer service and repairs is also rated very low. I canceled next day but made sure to leave a paper trail with the company the dealer and then sent a certified letter to make sure it is clear that I canceled within my 3 days. Disaster diverted hopefully.

Reviewed June 29, 2023

It's too heavy and you need to keep carrying it to reach the whole house as hose is too short. It stop working and need figure it out why. Not user friendly and it's too expensive. One of my regret buy.

Reviewed April 9, 2023

Never works, heavy and breaks constantly. Will never buy from this company again. The button doesn’t work so I can’t turn on the vacuum, the carpet attachment is crooked so it can be put on and storage sucks.

Rainbow Vacuum Company Information