2.84/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

Rainbow Vacuum

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 9, 2017

279 Rainbow Vacuum Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Feb. 6, 2017

I have MS. The seller said it would be good for me since I am auto immune. She said it would be easy for me to use. Well I have to say NOT. I have fallen 2 times putting it together. I called the seller and she said "well you can pay someone to use it to clean your house." Can't afford that. I asked her to pick it up since it's only been used 1x for $1000. She said she would tell a new person she's training. I tried to call the distributor but no answer. They're such a sham I can't believe it. And she is at home conventions trying to get people by saying you might win a air purifier.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2017

I absolutely loved the vacuum itself but the tactics they use are horrible not to mention if you don't have the 3000 to scoop out right then and there they have easy monthly payments but if you actually read it you're now paying a grand total of 6000 so I respectively ask for the return till I could pay in full. So now the manager or owner or someone whose ** clearly does not stink to them calls me, starts off nice and then when she realized my mind wasn't changing now I'm questioned on maybe I just can't afford it cause 100 a month is worth it... not when it equals 2x the price (just cause I love a car I'm not gonna pay 2x the money for it when I could wait and pay half) and they have a work for it program. She says "well we probably wouldn't even hired you from what it sounds like."

Like holy you not only temporarily had a sale but on hold but lost it all together. I can't complain about the product. I did really love it but just for how I was treated I am willing to pass it by. And there is no way to buy these without going through one of these consultants. If you have 3000 to drop I would say it's a great product but don't fall for their ** monthly plans that in the end cost you double!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2017

DO NOT BUY THIS VAC. It is a rip-off. They will charge you 24 percent interest and for your 2300 dollar vacuum, after 2 years of paying 89 a month with 49 a month in interest, we still owe 2100 dollars. We're cancelling the automated payment and contacting our attorney. High-pressure sales and empty promises were delivered and we got a defective vac and we did not get the fragrances or the humidifier or ANYTHING we were promised.

Rainbow lied to us and is now STEALING our money. I have no receipt or order number because this was a set-up from our relative who gave out our PII illegally and hooked us up with this pyramid scheme. The vac is great, it's just not worth 2500 bucks. Maybe 250 bucks, but not TEN TIMES THAT. This doesn't work any better than our Bissell upright. I am extremely unsatisfied, especially at the raping of our bank account. We are stopping payment and we don't care about the credit hit. Come get this piece of ** and stop charging us a hundred bucks a month for eternity.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2016

The vacuum is wonderful and I would buy it again. One of the "perks" was that if you had allergies/asthma, you could get a prescription and have it written off on your taxes. Our daughter is 3 and does have allergies/asthma BUT she tested negative to the dust mite which is how you would get a prescription. They use this as a selling point but need to be more forthcoming about the information given. We would have purchased anyway because we know several people who have had them for long periods of time. We also have 3 large inside dogs and the Dyson Animal we purchased in 2009 stunk even after cleaning filters... It also lost suction.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2016

Machine stopped working within 3 mos. of purchase. Took it to a Rainbow store for either exchange or repair, they refused to do so. When told it was financed and could not continue to pay for something that doesn't work the response was "we already got paid. It's up to you to pay the financing company." We are stuck with a broken machine and harassing phone calls.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rainbow Vacuum?

Original review: Dec. 8, 2016

I have owned Rainbows now for 24 years. Yes the water thing can be a hassle but I love that my house is cleaner longer than it ever was before. The floor has very little dirt when I do vacuum and I only have to dust once a month and I live on a dirt road. Yes it is expensive but I have only bought two machines in 24 years so the math is awesome. No filters and no bags.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2016

So, this all started cause my fiance put his name in a mall drawing for a displayed John Deere riding lawnmower. He got a call saying we are part of the 25 finalists and won a 3 day, 2 night trip to a place of our choosing in the US and that logistics would be squared away via home visit. The first visit didn't pan out cause I was at work and apparently both parties need to be present. So yesterday the guy came with a Rainbow shirt on and discussed the trip for maybe 5 minutes (which was apparently only hotel inclusive, the plane or car ride expense wasn't included). Then he brought in a Rainbow and wasted our time by throwing a 3 hour show in our living room about a $3000 multi purpose vacuum cleaner.

Me and my fiancee make about 50k collectively which is not a lot plus a wedding we are funding. My fiance was in awe as was I but I couldn't stomach the price. I could get a used car for about that price. So we considered the item after hearing we could earn it before first payment by participating in and giving references to present the product. I told the guy I didn't want to make a decision till after the holidays and he was pushing the "you can keep it and not make a first payment till June starting the first of January". My fiance was all over that and we got it. After, I called my mom who told me she used to sell Rainbows and that the business is almost required to disqualify a certain percentage of visits to either gain out of pocket expense or interest.

I kinda made my fiance return the item within the 3 day cancellation period cause I did not feel comfortable with a company who scammed us into purchase, having our personal info. Nor did it feel right having to make a part time job out of merely paying off the item. I think it is a good product and works well, but it's not worth the price. You can get it new on amazon for 25% less and tack on a sufficient warranty for 1-200$ more or buy a different and even more efficient and higher rated brand for 700$ with a 10 year motor warranty. I am really upset that the rainbow company manipulates and misleads people into purchasing it by offering trips or what not and then throws in the sales pitch. Unethical. It is for that reason that even if I were rich, I wouldn't buy it.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2016

I love everything about my Rainbow system and I have had it for 3 years. It does not stink as one of the reviews on here said. That means you sucked something stinky up and you need to wash your hose and basin. It never clogs. I don't have to clean nearly as often because I actually pick up all the dirt. It's a dream. Totally worth the investment.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2016

Rainbow makes a great vacuum but has horrible marketing skills. After a 2 1/2 hour demo, I was very interested, but always like to think about large purchases for a day or 2. Well, I just witnessed the salesman go from nice to "nasty"... Totally disgusted, I purchased online from a reputable for 1/4 of the price and am very satisfied. My item appears to be brand new factory condition. My friends were supposed to get a small token referral bonus and are being ignored. I'm not sure why a company who makes a great product chooses to operate in this poor manner.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2016

After owning a Rainbow over a year, I have to write a review. Only, because every time I use it, (which is every day), I complain. First of all, I like a very clean home. I like how rainbow does clean. BUT this cleaner is the most disgusting thing I have ever had to clean. I think I'd rather clean a port-a-john than this machine. Well, it's probably about the same as a port-a-john! The bin that holds the water smells like death, a sewer, a constipated person, I don't know, whatever smell is the worse in your life.

It's SO bad that I have to take it outside to empty it. And thank god that I have woods in my backyard, or I don't know where I would empty it. Then, while emptying it, if a piece of hair or dog/cat/ whatever hair or human cell is in it, it sticks inside the water bin. I have to get a paper towel to get it out. Then, I have to take the smelly bin into my kitchen sink to clean it. Then I have to disinfect my kitchen sink and the surrounding area around my kitchen sink due to splatter. Then, you have to go hook the machine back up. It takes a good 15-20 minutes of my time to do this and more if I clean it properly because the attachment to the hose is also FILTHY WITH SMELLY GRIME! UGGH, I am not kidding.

I will never recommend this cleaner to anyone for this reason alone. I wish that I could attach the smell of this machine. Maybe, I'll make a video of the steps that you have to go through when you want to vacuum and post on youtube. I have to do this procedure 2-3 times a week. Again, it's disgusting. I now wear gloves. I paid $2,000 and like I said, it clean good, but... Like I said the smell of death... ALL I want to do is turn on my vacuum and clean. Occasionally, empty a container or change a bag. p.s. my family runs when I empty it. Oh, and the little bottle of air freshener does NOT HELP...

Original review: Oct. 22, 2016

So I thought I was going into something easy to do when I choose the go for it program but this is just a time bomb waiting to explode. Rainbow does not pay you the complete money to pay for the Rainbow after taxes and interest from the 3rd party lender who pays Rainbow & gave you a loan. Next they disqualified your show for the stupidest reason if they don't get a sale. I did 16 shows as of today and only 11 qualified... Simple stuff as 1 of the couple work full-time but is on call because of her injury and the other that keep freaking me out is if 1 of the couple parent live in the home. It's call a multi-family home. It even gets worst if you tell the rep who is doing the show that the mother help with some bills because staying with them...

Now yesterday 10/20/16 I did a show thinking everything was ok because I didn't see anything wrong. About 20 mins later the rep Jason call to say your show was not qualified because it's a multi-family home due to the fact the mother live in the home & the husband told him she does help them pay their mortgage. Now mind you the mother already told the rep all 3 names are on the title because they just purchase the house together. He didn't find a problem with it then. We watch the demo for 2 1/2 hrs or more after he had a problem with it because they didn't purchase... Mr. Jason had the nerves to blob "he never seen a ** family lived like this before". Then Jason (rep) said "I'M not being racial or anything..." So what are you being then Jason?

He is a huge white man that kept pulling his XL t-shirt off his 5x belly & we didn't discriminate because that is not the way to treat people. If he didn't say what he said I wouldn't even go there right now. Jason DID not give the family the hotel weekend that was supposedly to be a token of their appreciation to each house they go into to do a demo purchase or not. I think Jason is rude & racist. Don't please don't take it unless you want to have sleepless nights. I have met a few nice rep but Mr. Jason is the worst.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2016

If someone calls you and said they drew your name for a FREE aromatherapy machine that you filled out at Bikes & Blues, HANG UP. It's not a free gift like they lead you to believe at their kiosk. What it is, they bring your "gift" out and before you get what you WON by having your name drawn is, you have to sit through the presentation for the Rainbow Cleaning System. So, your name WASN'T drawn by luck. They went through ALL the slips filled out, under false pretenses, and picked the LOCAL names.

This is a complete scam. I told them I can't afford to buy it but I would like my "gift" that I won by having my name drawn. She said, "So, you'll be willing to look at the cleaning system and it could last 45 to 90 minutes." I said "No, I don't want to see it." She said "Ok, thank you then." AGAIN, I said "But I want what I WON when my name was DRAWN." Well, ONLY if I sit through the presentation. The Company name is: New Promise and their phone number is: 479-649-0909. If you get a call saying your name was drawn and when can they come by to give it to you... they will be trying to give it to you... you know the gimmick at BB & BBQ.

This place didn't have any Rainbow units there. All they had was the aromatherapy machines. When they called me yesterday, they said they will bring it out, show you how to use it, how to clean it and show you the bigger unit... BIGGER UNIT. No mention of Rainbow vacuums. TOTAL dishonest. I wish I could see them again at some other rally etc.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2016

I am giving them 1 star because you have to rate in order to give a review. First of all, I was pissed because my time was wasted. He said the demo would be 45 min to an hour. An hour later he is still rattling and I am tapping the face of my watch. I am not a fan of salesman when it comes to consumer sales and I definitely did not like the beat around the bush approach, casually and covertly throwing shade and trying to be witty but sounding like an ass. They give you the free gift (the mini air cleaner) but then yank out a big advertisement for a $3000 set of pots. NEXT. He pulls out a flood light and calls it a black light trying to show us the dust in the air. OK. What's your point? Then he pulls this huge thing out of the box, puts water in it and turns it on. YAWN. Ok so at this point I am like... "listen we are not interested. This "air cleaner" is way overpriced. We are not paying 3k for this."

I told him the price itself is not practical for working class people and although we could have purchased multiple units we were not because the price is ridiculous. He argues with me that he is right and to let him tell you why he is right. I told him "pack it up. I am not interested." As he is packing it up... He is consistently mouthing off about he goes through this all the time and who in America is "practical". I wanted to put my practical foot up his simple **. But I refrained from even responding to this nonsense. What I wanted to tell him was that he was an epic fail in the way he handled the entire demo from start to finish. When a potential customer challenges you, you don't get cocky and try to go word for word. You zip it and you be professional.

He was young, immature and tacky. I wouldn't have purchased one if he was polished however, a polished individual would not work for this company nor would they have behaved as he did... Which means this consumer complaint would have never been written. The quality of a company's employees directly reflect the quality of the company itself.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2016

I wanted to say that I was skeptical at first as I am certain all people would be! I love the Rainbow system!! It is amazing as a cleaning system and keeps the air fresh in my home!! However, I wasn't sure if I would really get the money back for doing the "Go for it" program. I had nothing to lose, so I started booking the referrals. I followed the guidelines they gave me and had no issues on my program. I read all these reviews and find it really hard to believe that these people did not get the same treatment I did. I have had a great experience and got my checks yesterday in the mail!!! This is a great opportunity to earn one for free and I love my system. I had some really great and fun reps, now some were little better than others, but it was still entertaining! Thank you Rainbow.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2016

I absolutely love the effectiveness of the Rainbow. It will definitely live up to expectations. I see a lot of negative reviews, but its usually just people upset because it's expensive or they had the misfortune of a bad sales rep/distributor. I had very nice and informative reps, they were hardly pushy. We are blessed with an amazing local distributor and team. I decided to earn my free Rainbow, and I most definitely got paid! Its a great product, and its worth the extra money.

As far as the reps and distributors go, every franchise has good and bad in it. I can go to one McDonald's and get great food from smiling employees; their boss is probably good to them! On the other hand, the McDonald's downtown will guarantee sloppy food from grumpy, unhappy employees. I bet they don't have that good of a team behind the scenes. Bottom line, see a demo for yourself and decide from there. Keep an eye out for pushy salesmen or ridiculous prices. Those people infect every type of work out there. Try to avoid buying secondhand or online, the warranty is a good thing to have, just in case!

Original review: Aug. 11, 2016

Rainbow Go4it program is a scam. I accepted the Rainbow Vacuum knowing after I was told about the Go4it program of selling 2 vacuum to my closest friends and relatives. I was told that I only had to do 12 shows to be qualify for the full payment of the vacuum. I sold three vacuums. At the ninth show, I ask for confirmation of completed shows and was given the correct # of shows. Upon completion of my 12th show, I requested my gifts and compensation check to pay off the vacuum. After a few emails, I received a reply back from Norma, (the crook) that manages the program stating that one of my show was disqualified and that they had sent me out an email stating this and I did not respond back.

The crooked Norma also stated that my time was expired and there was nothing that could have been done. It's my intention to stop this deceptive practice of tricking innocent hard working people to take on responsibilities of which they would not normally have sign up for. I am really feeling bad too because I have invited these crooked people into my friends and relatives home to take disadvantage of them. We really need to stop Norma and everyone who is apart of the program. I am willing to go to the FBI.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2016

After a demo I decided to buy the Rainbow Vacuum using the Go4It program. This is the big mistake in my life. The rep used tactic to make me buy. I called the rep the third day because I changed my mind. I did want to return the item. Never heard about him. I called several times, send email to the customer manager but she told me it's too late. I tried to book friends for the demo, I couldn't find any rep. I ended up with a bill over $3000. I never told by the Rainbow agent that it will be financed by another company. They asked me to filed for bankruptcy which I don't want to. JANE FROM DOUGLASVILLE you can contact me. I would like that to stop. This is a scam. Be aware people.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2016

I love this machine and everything about it. Mine is going to be 10 years old in August and still runs like it did out of the box. I have really bad allergies and that's why I bought the machine. It does wonders for the air quality - I might have to dust with a rag once a month, if that, because weekly vacuuming with this machine takes care of dust in the house. I will say their sales people and sales tactics are sketchy. You have to do your research and be 10 steps ahead of those people. Their goal is to SELL you add-ons, play games with you to "earn" add-ons (like give me 10 names and phone numbers and you get a steamer). Your goal should be to get just the vacuum for the least amount of money! You'll love it!

Original review: July 29, 2016

I have owned my Rainbow for 10 years, no issues. I think the people having problems are probably not using them properly or cleaning them after use. It is superb for removing dog hair, cleaning cars, and shampooing carpet (with the optional aquamate). I sold these in high school to earn my mother a free system. That was 15 years ago and her system still works like new, no issues. When used properly, I have heard these will last 20-25 years. The cost isn't really an issue when you factor in that longevity. In order to learn how to use one properly, you need a demonstration. Don't just buy on eBay, unless you have owned one before.

Original review: July 21, 2016

A friend asked me to sit for a demo for her in other to keep hers for free. So I and my husband sat for 3 1/2 hours to watch the demonstration. I liked the cleaning power of the Rainbow and decided to keep it and do the same "go4it" program my friend did. The price after a $600 discount was supposed to be $2760, which would be reimburse by Rainbow after completing 12 "approved" shows. I did 13 shows in less than 40 days. 4 of my friends kept the Rainbow. I then requested for my $2760 check, and a representative emailed me stating only 9 of my 13 shows were qualified. I then requested for the list of the unqualified shows and the reason it was disqualified but they never responded to my mails nor my calls. Mind you, I followed their qualification guidelines thoroughly and I knew I met all their requirements, but Rainbow refused to keep their own side of the deal.

They are looking to enslave people and enrich themselves at the process. I called the finance company to pay off the Rainbow but the crooks only accepts debit and MasterCard. The payoff price excluding the interest and taxes was $2948.92 instead of $2760 as advertised by all the rainbow representative. I do have a full video of their demo secretly recorded, so as to expose their lies. Sabrina and her husband Javier heads the Roswell office of scam. It's about time we expose their fraudulent acts and safe future victims. I already contacted Jim Strickland of wsbtv, so if you want to join me to put an end to this scammers, contact me.

Original review: July 6, 2016

I cannot and will not believe what you people are writing. I own a home childcare. Use my Rainbow several times a day every day. No issues. We use it to clean the air as well. I did earn my system free. So the bs lies need to stop. Rainbow system has changed my life for the better. I have asthma and since we've gotten our system I have not been sick at all and my husband does not snore anymore. It's a win win for all of us.

Original review: June 30, 2016

We were given one when my mother in law upgraded to a newer rainbow and we used it for several years until we moved overseas and I gave it away. I believe it was a D4. When we moved back to the states I regretted giving it up and bought a newer rainbow I found on eBay, an E series. Since the water catches all the dirt and dust it helps with my allergies. We flush the water down the toilet - not difficult at all and we don't need bags. Most of the complaints I've read seem to be centered around the sales and service. Since we bought a used one on eBay we have no opinion. We don't leave the water in the tank when we're not using it and we haven't run into any maintenance issues. We've been using this vacuum for over 9 years now and haven't had any issues. The only downside I've found is as I get older carrying it upstairs gets a little old.

Original review: June 29, 2016

Elite Solutions claims that you will earn a free Rainbow if you do 20 qualified demonstrations. They say that you do not have to sell. However, the only way you make money is by selling. If within the 20 demos you do not sell 1 out of 5 demonstrations he will have a trainer go with you. They make it very hard to actually earn a Rainbow for free. They trap you into purchasing a Rainbow by going on the equity program fully knowing that most people do not earn theirs for free. They also hire people claiming they will make $2000 bi-weekly no sales required. That too is misleading. I would not purchase a Rainbow or work for Elite Solutions located in Sioux Falls ever again.

Original review: June 23, 2016

We bought Rainbow Vacuum around $3,000, about 6 years ago. We have a big family and a lot of people use it several times a week. In 6 years we repaired that vacuum around 4 times, and it cost us around all together around $2,000. So buy vacuum like Toyota that is durable and requires very little maintenance, don't waste your money on a vacuum like BMW that requires a lot, lot of maintenance, and it's not durable. Yes, this vacuum cleans excellent if you have dog, and washes carpet really good. If you don't have pets in the house, don't waste your money.

Original review: June 23, 2016

I found out the hard way that the distributorship operated by Barrington Francis in Atlanta office is corrupted and dishonest. He has reps go out with Rainbow systems that appear to be new in the box. Actually they are mostly demo units that have been cleaned up and put back into new boxes. Here is what they do. They DEMO what they call a new unit and if you decide to buy it, then you get that unit.

Now what is wrong with that picture. Suppose you don't buy it, which their closing rate is around 50%. What the rep eventually told me was that the unit goes back to the office and they clean it up and send it back out for another demo as a new unit until it's sold. So this process can happen over and over again. The kicker is they have not just one rep doing demos, so you can imagine the number of units that are MISREPRESENTED as new and are actually demo units sold for $2700 with tax.

When I found this out and tried to return it, 2 days after the 3-day return policy, it was too late. I confronted Barrington with this information and asked him point blank if this is what they do. He refused to answer me. I am appalled and disappointed at this level of deceit. When I tried to talk with Barrington, he was rude, telling me to stop bothering him and hung up on me.

I bought it on a payment 18 mo plan. So I asked Barrington to cancel the order and call the lending bank. He refused saying it was past the 3-day time limit for returns. I called the home office and because these are independent distributors, their hands are tied which was another sign of how badly this company is operated. If the parent company has no control over lies and deception of people selling their products, then that speaks even worse of the integrity of the company and product. This has turned out to be a nightmare! Stay away from this company!!!

Original review: June 14, 2016

I had the displeasure of having a 4.5 hour long demo at my house for the Rainbow. While it is impressive, it does not merit taking up that much of my time. I have also had the horrific experience of being stalked and harassed by the salesman. He also did this with several friends and relatives after being told no repeatedly. This high pressure sales pitch coupled with the harassment absolutely astounds me as a preferred business tactic. I would NEVER support this company after what they put me and my friends through. The salesman also made up a fake program in order to "earn" a free Rainbow. This NEVER happened.

After a day of bogus training and other bogus house trips that were "supposed" to be trainings, the entire program was changed and his supervisor admitted it was made up entirely. They also had NO money to give a free Rainbow to someone who completed the program. Do not trust a company who lies and has extremely shady business practices. Go to Amazon or eBay if you want one-- much cheaper and no harassing salesman!

Original review: June 13, 2016

We participated in the referral program for a friend. I felt very pressured the entire time. I hesitantly proceeded. The whole time the rep was seeking sympathy for only having one car & used lines that was almost insulting to us as customers. I was impressed by the machine & now we are in the process of trying to refer other people to rainbow dealer. Show 12 & sell 2. The only problem is when I set one up the dealer never follows through & is able to show the product. Stories change & so far we have yet to show this to a friend. We no do not want to keep asking friends & family to see this product since our dealer is not able to help us out. I have talked to some other people & they have experienced similar issues with referral program. Please use caution when using this program.

Original review: June 10, 2016

Please run very fast from this company. Good product way overpriced. Can buy them for about a third of the cost off Amazon and eBay all day long. High pressure sales tactics - will give you one for free if you do so many demos - that's a bold face lie. Way too expensive and extreme high pressure to sign you up today. Only reason I gave them one star is that it will not take your review if you don't.

Original review: June 9, 2016

DO NOT, DO NOT, DO NOT buy this system. If you get a sales person telling you won the little Rainbow system which do a damn thing. Then they pull out the vacuum and show how much better than the one you currently. So they do their routine and you will obviously are impressed. Stop right then and there and throw them out the door. I was stupid thinking it's better than my Shark. They neglected to tell you how heavy it is so going up and down stairs is out of the question, it's TOO HEAVY. Plus they don't tell you anything about longer horse, nor about the cleaning the hardwood floors or tile, that you have to buy separately. I just bought 2 mos. ago and it's worthless. $3,000 gone for a worthless machine.

Original review: June 5, 2016

So, I entered a drawing for an air purifier at my cat's veterinarian office. Apparently I was chosen as a winner. They called me to tell me I won and insisted they drop the purifier off at my house. I asked if I could pick it up and they said no. So, I set a time for them to drop it off... A guy came over, brought a very different version of the purifier I entered to win, then asked if he could show me the big purifier. I said ok. This turned into an hour long demo then a 20-minute high-pressure sales talk to buy a $2800 air purifier. I said no many times and the price magically dropped to 1800. I still said no and the salesperson said most people could afford $50 a month... At this point I almost got hood on him. He also made me feel awful that I didn't help him win his monthly sales contest. Never enter a drawing for one of these purifiers. I felt very disrespected and caught off guard.

Rainbow Vacuum Company Information