3.13/5

Quit paying for costly home repairs

Quit paying for costly home repairs

369 Rainbow Vacuum Consumer Reviews

Original review: March 2, 2019

I had a similar experience to someone else on this site. We entered for a free air purifier at a local home expo. A couple of days later, we got a call that we had won. The woman on the phone was very nice and wanted to arrange a time for them to come drop the purifier off at our house. We ultimately spoke 2-3 times on the phone in setting up and confirming the appointment, and she clearly stated that 1. We would not be asked to purchase anything, only give a positive review if we like it. 2. They just wanted to go over how to operate it since it's an appliance. She also stressed that the air purifier is so great and can clean the air in a home up to 2200 sq. feet.

A couple arrived at our house, and the "appliance" turned out to be a very small purifier for a car or bathroom. No instructions were really required. Then somehow we ended up sitting through a 70 minute demonstration for a $3k vacuum (the price was not revealed until the end). I want to stress that both people were very nice and not pushy... But the premise for them coming to our house was entirely misrepresented. During the sales pitch, they also asked us for 10 names and numbers of people who also might like a vacuum demo. Recommending three people for demos is also a way to reduce the price.

All in all, they were nice like I said, and they completely respected our wishes NOT to share the contact information for any of our friends/family. But this was a bait and switch in terms of the premise for them coming over, and the description of what we had won was an outright deception. Given that their system seems rely on getting potential customers to hand over the contact info for more people, this seems like an MLM and/or pyramid scheme where salespeople have to be dishonest in order to get in the door, and then jump through a bunch of hoops of their own in order to make a living with the company.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

I've never been conned into anything in my life. Until now. I don't know if it was low blood sugar, early onset senility, or straight up sleep deprivation from raising 5 kids, but I got taken. My wife and I agreed to buy something for which we had absolutely no use - our house is a construction site. My wife "won" a "free" mini Rainbow unit if we would sit through a demo. The sales rep came out and did the demo. She did a good job, was very convincing and nice. The Rainbow unit itself is intriguing and makes some interesting claims. However, there is no way it is worth $3000 - yes $3000!

Like I said we agreed to it. My wife signed up for the "free" option. Immediately after the sales rep left, we looked at each other and realized what a stupid mistake we had made in being persuaded to do this. The sales rep left at 9pm and had quite a drive home so out of decent human courtesy we choose not to call her till morning. The unit literally sat there on the floor all night right where she left it. We never even plugged it in. We called at 8am the next morning. We explained this to the sales rep and she passed us on to her boss.

We were not treated with the same courtesy and consideration we had extended to them. Her boss continued to try to convince us to keep it and when we said no, informed us that there would be an almost $300 restocking and cleaning fee. He claimed that they would have to pay for a "certified technician" to go over it. He later admitted that it would be himself that would look at it to make sure it was clean to go to the next demo. And no doubt be presented as "new" as it was to us and as it would have been to the next potential buyers had we not taken it.

It ended up being quite a mess. All up we paid the almost $300 "cleaning fee" even though we never plugged the unit in or used it at all - we only had had it for a few hours. As a result of this distributor's terrible return "policy" (that we never even got a copy of) and his complete lack of normal customer consideration, we have absolutely nothing to show for the $300 we paid! Nothing except stress, pain, lots of wasted time, and a few tears by my wife. By the way, it was her birthday. Thanks Rainbow - you are a real class act... (I will leave names out because my intent is not to disparage an individual, only to raise awareness for potential buyers - think hard before you sign.)

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

I can't believe I've lived with below par vacuums and air filters my whole life! I absolutely love my new Rainbow Environmental Cleaning system. I can't stop vacuuming and now I can taste the sweetness in the air of Maui. My husband's asthma is 100% better. Rain makes his worse (mold spores), and with these last few rain storms we've had here it didn't even affect him. I highly recommend this cleaner.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

I have a 22 year old Rainbow. It is the best vacuum I’ve owned. It’s works just as good today as the day I purchased it. I’ve also purchased a Miele - and honestly it doesn’t even come close to the suction of my Rainbow. The only thing that I would like better is buying a new Rainbow!

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

I purchased my Rainbow in August. Part of the purchase promo was free gifts. The sales rep promised that he would bring them by within 2 weeks and the other gift would be mailed from the company. I never received them. I contacted the sales rep several times, and wasn't able to get ahold of him until December. He then promised me that he would get it to me by the end of the week. Still waiting. I've contacted the company and the sales rep. I will be disputing the charge now. I love the product, but I don't want to drop thousands of dollars on a company that treats its customers like that. DO NOT PURCHASE FROM THEM.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rainbow Vacuum?

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

I agreed to do the program to get my Rainbow for free. I was willing to do the work to get it because it is a great product and I do love it. But the more you work hard to get done it seems like the Rainbow staff is working hard against you to make sure you don't get everything finished. When I would complete each step, it was like pulling teeth to get the stuff I earned. I have save multiple messages between me and the reps where they promise to get your stuff to you and never do. I finally after 2 months of messaging and calling, I finally got the rest of my stuff!

Well almost, I'm still waiting on the check that I'm owed, and I was told 3 days ago by someone at the Rainbow office that everything was approved and I would receive my check in about 2 weeks, and then I get an email last night saying yes I met all of my 12 demos and I had 4 sales but none of the people in my 4 sales had good enough credit for them so they want me to make 2 more sales to please them before I can have my check! I refuse, I will not ask anyone of my friends or family to do a demo and have them go through the grief I have went through for the past 6 months! If you want one, buy it outright with no intention of doing the program, it's just not worth the headache!!!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

Purchased the rainbow 12/22. We were very impressed with the Rainbow the 1st few days, but by the 10th business day we realized the machine was not for our family and reached out to the distributor (1/6). For a 4k machine you would think they would stand behind the quality (they do not). You only have three days to return it. (The distributor did not disclose that.) And the contract you sign with the finance company does not state that it is also the contract with the seller. Do your research before purchasing Their score on BBB is an F (we now know why).

The free air purifier is currently viral on Facebook. They only speak to homeowners (not renters), and mostly only visit two-income families. It is well worth the money to avoid the sells pitch to just go purchase an air purifier elsewhere (forget the freebie, it's just to get in your door). The fact is that the machine does not perform the way the distributor said (worse part, the water smells terrible if you don't dump it immediately. He said it would not smell). 22 days later our filters are just as dusty as they were before (after he said we would see less dust). He stated that the Rainbow acts as a humidifier, air purifier, and a deodorizer, but the fact is that is just not true. The rainbow has the POTENTIAL to do those things, but it is not guaranteed. He also stated that the air purifier was "medical grade" (our daughter's allergies tell another story).

My husband actually spoke to the owner (Keith) that stated: "While the Rainbow might not be the BEST vacuum, it is greater than most." (We were told is was the best.) We were 100% deceived. The distributor we worked with was Mike **. Bottom line is: They do NOT stand behind their product and they lie in order to push their product. They are the "new Kirby guys." Buyers beware.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

The Rainbow vacuum is a great product, over priced but great product. It needs to come with more attachments and a long reach extension for the money they ask. The only way to buy one is outright, demand a new one out of still in the new box, inspect it and then pay for it. Shannon was the gentleman who sold us ours. He presents the product well, he is only concerned with the sale, has no follow up and flat out misleads you. If you are in the market check online. There is one made in Canada for half the price. Looks just as good. Search out Sirena vacuum, Quantum vacuum, or just search Rainbow vacuum competition. Best of luck!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

I was at a home show in Spokane WA and I filled out a free Rainbow Rainmate II air cleaner giveaway paper. A few weeks later I got a call from the saleswomen named Rhonda saying I won. She said she would come to my house to drop off the air cleaner and demonstrate the product. We agreed on a date and time and the last minute she texted me to cancel but would get back with me. She never did get back with me. This company isn't trustworthy and they play a con on you. Do not buy anything from them, run and run away fast from them.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

There is no other vacuum that can clean better than the Rainbow Vacuum. I do not care about the weight of the machine or the time it takes to set it up. After using the air filter to add in a nice scent to my home then vacuuming, I am always so happy to empty out that canister of the filth that I have removed from my home and am amazed that all that filth was in my space. My husband and I live with 4 dogs and all those feet can track in a lot of dirt and deposit dander and fur far and wide. No one would know a dog is in my house after I clean. Best money I ever spent on an appliance. It cleans pillows, mattresses, dog beds, walls, floors: tile and carpet and I use it to clean my car. There is not a surface in my home that has not been cleaned with my Rainbow Vacuum.

Rainbow Vacuum Company Information