Rainbow Vacuum

• 4%
  • 4%
  • 66%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rainbow Vacuum?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rainbow Vacuum?
    Customer ServiceContract & TermsSales & MarketingPrice

Reviewed July 2, 2023

Luckily I realized I needed to cancel my contract within 3 days of the date it was signed. However what bothered me the most which ended up being why I canceled the contract was how discriminative the company was towards single people. They tell you in order to finance the vacuum and get it free you must do 12 demos and sell 2. In order to get credit for the demos it must be a couple? If they're single and decide to buy it counts but if they don't buy the demo it doesn't count? I recently am engaged but most of my life decided to be single and focus on my career.

If a person is interested in a demo the party selling or possibly buying shouldn't feel discriminated against because they are single. I've been In sales for over 25 years and cannot back a company who does this. Also because of this site I found out that 34% of the reviews were 1 star or less if optional. 33% was only 3 stars. If you sign the contract and wait more than 3 days you will be stuck in a contract for a vacuum which is way overpriced. Reviews for customer service and repairs is also rated very low. I canceled next day but made sure to leave a paper trail with the company the dealer and then sent a certified letter to make sure it is clear that I canceled within my 3 days. Disaster diverted hopefully.

Reviewed June 29, 2023

It's too heavy and you need to keep carrying it to reach the whole house as hose is too short. It stop working and need figure it out why. Not user friendly and it's too expensive. One of my regret buy.

Reviewed April 9, 2023

Never works, heavy and breaks constantly. Will never buy from this company again. The button doesn’t work so I can’t turn on the vacuum, the carpet attachment is crooked so it can be put on and storage sucks.

Reviewed April 8, 2023

With heavy regret, I ended up purchasing a Rainbow srx vacuum about 1 year ago. The salesperson was very good at their job, by that I mean making it almost seem as if I couldn't live without it. I'm normally able to easily say no, but her tactics overtook my reasoning. I ended up purchasing the vacuum. About a month went by and I realized that I had only used it once as a vacuum and that it really wasn't anything special at all. It cleaned the carpets and floor just the same as every single other vacuum I've ever used. She made it seem like it was easy to clean by just dumping the dirty water out, well it's more than that.

I made an attempt to clean my couch with it, and it was completely useless, so I pulled out my Bissel spot cleaner, and found that the Bissel was 100x better at cleaning the fabric. After using it as an air purifier, the clear plastic container that it uses instead of a bag became cloudy. I attempted to clean it, but nothing worked. To this day it is impossible to make it look clean again. I use it as an air purifier, and nothing else. I essentially spent $4200 cad on an air purifier for my living room, while my $200 vacuum does just as good a job, if not better than the Rainbow does. Completely disappointed, dissatisfied, and regret ever letting the salesperson into my home. Learn vicariously through me, and don't waste a dime on a Rainbow!!!

Reviewed March 3, 2023

First I will say this has nothing to do with the performance of this machine. It is amazing. I would recommend it to anyone that can afford it; but the sales rep is the issue in this case. He lead us to believe that we would have no issue in getting others to sign up for a demo so that we could get our machine for free. Everyone we asked declined a demo, (therefore we are stuck with a $5,000 vacuum cleaner.) Not only did the sales rep say that, he also said that we would be getting a car attachment and carpet deep cleaner and he was going to replace our deodorizer with a new one and bring a new one on top of that to our business. None of this happened and he never showed back up, even after the calls and texts stating he was just busy and gave me a date we would see him again. This was a pure disappointment. He was a great salesman and sold us a bunch of lies.

Customer ServiceContract & TermsStaff

Reviewed Feb. 23, 2023

I recently purchased the Rainbow and the same day the Rainbow stopped working. I reached out to Colby our salesman out of the Longview Texas office who stated that I would get a new unit and I have not received anything. I received a call from a lady who I thought was coming out today February 22, 2023 to bring my new unit, which was a no show. She called and asked if I would like to reschedule. I said, "No. I will just bring it in for return after the no show and it hasn’t worked since the day I purchased it." I explained to her, "I waited all day for someone to come and pickup my unit and no one showed." She said, "No it was for you to purchase a new unit," I explained, "Why would I do that when I already have the unit."

She transferred me to the manager who was very belligerent and racist. In all my years I have never had anyone tell me or my husband, "Shut the ** up **." I asked him what did he say. He repeated it again without hesitation without the **. He said, "You won’t shut up." I explained to him that he will be hearing from our attorney and, "This call is being recorded." He explained I committed fraud and he was going to report me. I explained they are FRAUD. He put us on hold and pretended to be the OWNER KEITH. Keith who was the manager I spoke with and the owner.

Keith pretended to be both and tried to disguise his voice. He said he was sorry for his salesman behavior. He heard what he said and he sent him home and fired him. I said, "Ok but that does not excuse his behavior or what he said." He said, "I know I was listening, I heard it," and he asked what could he do for us. Keith became belligerent utilizing the exact same language as he previously did. I explained to him he was the same person and the conversation was over. "I will be reaching out to my attorney." He said he didn’t care. I could not return it because it is past the three days and the finance company won’t accept the return. It is our unit. Before it was a no return policy. I asked which was it because we reached out within 3 days to cancel as he stated in our contract which I never received.

Keith stated that my husband and I are liars and he and his wife are the most honest people. He continued to argue and say they are not obligated to tell us anything about the return and he continued to be combative and racist. I explained I will not go back and forth with him and I will be returning the unit which he offered because he said he didn’t want us to have his product at this point. He stated I had until Monday February 26, 2023 at 11am to return the Rainbow with a $400 fee. I explained I will return it but I will not pay for something I never had the opportunity to use.

If I was treated like a customer perhaps I would keep it but after being treated this way they can have this unit and I will be reaching out to my attorney first thing in the morning. I won’t allow someone to insult me or my character, call me out of my name. I spent a lot of money on this product to be treated like this. This experience was very unprofessional, unethical, and racist. I refuse to let Keith or this company get me out of character as they did. I will not give Racist people like this the satisfaction. I am disappointed within myself for supporting such a racist company or refer any friends/family. Buyers please stay away. This is FRAUD. I don’t care if someone has had the unit 30 years. Please BEWARE and do your homework.

Customer ServiceContract & TermsPriceStaff

Reviewed Feb. 18, 2023

I had an awful experience with Rainbow Systems at Burnaby, BC Canada. This is a real story. I don’t want others go through the same experience. This is the reason why I am writing this. In 2022 a friend of mine referred me, and Rainbow contacted me to give me an air purifier for free. They came over and ended up doing a demo of a vacuum cleaner which according to them was about $4,000.00 This was beyond expensive compared to a similar product in the market. They offered the vacuum for free if I just referred friends on Facebook, and had me to sign a contract saying that I was not being charged, that I had to do it in that way to leave me the vacuum. "Nothing to worry about it" they said.

A few days later somebody advised me that it was too good to be true, that this was surely a tactic used by them to lure customers. I did not want to take the chance so I contacted the seller whose name was Mylene to cancel the contract. She said it was too late, I just had 2 days to cancel it, but still I had time to refer friends and get the vacuum for free. I had to contact the office and they did not answer at all. I sent them an email and they said it was late to cancel the contract too. At that time I had already referred some friends and I heard they were never contacted. I'm glad they were not.

Six months later I got a call from Lendcare that started to collect the money for the vacuum without any explanation. I had never heard from them before neither I had signed any financial contract to them, however they bombarded me with emails and calls, threatening me to collect the money, even affecting my credit. I realized both companies were related using the same dishonest practices. I had to sue them to do things right. Please be advised and avoid all this because they are deceiving customers using dishonest practices where ever they are doing business.

Customer ServicePriceStaff

Reviewed Jan. 31, 2023

My friend referred me and a salesperson came to my house. Carl was his name. He was really aggressive as a salesman and doesn't give you time to think and push you to buy the vacuum cleaner. This vacuum isn't worth $4,000, because that's what you're going to pay. If you take out financing, after 36 months it will cost you $5,600. It's crazy. It is EXTREMELY loud and heavy. Customer service is DISGUSTING when the sale is final. Don't be fooled and save your money. You won't get a discount or giveaway product if you introduce 12 people to them and 2 people buy. IT'S A LIE! RUN!

Contract & TermsSales & MarketingPrice

Reviewed Jan. 30, 2023

The vacuum works well. But it's inconvenient to drag this big thing around and up steps. You end up paying around $4,000 for this. By the time you decide you don't like it you can't sell it back to them or get out of the contract. You can buy a vacuum almost identical to this for around $900. Don't get sucked into their sales web. Before you know it you'll be signing a contract that you can't get out of. Not worth the money you pay for it,!!!

Customer ServiceContract & TermsSales & MarketingPriceStaff

Reviewed Jan. 22, 2023

Updated on 01/27/2023: Update to my review on January 22, 2023. I was able to get out of this contract, yes contract within the 3-day period. When I gave my signature, I thought it was for a credit card receipt, but it was a contract I was signing and the representative didn't disclose that information. So I reviewed the paperwork in my email and that is when I saw there was a contract I signed and had 3 days to cancel the transaction. The day I reviewed this was the 3rd day and I quickly signed the cancellation notice, emailed the owner of the company, and took the vacuum cleaner and attachments back to the corporate office to get my credit card transaction reversed. I also sent the cancellation notice via certified mail.

During the demonstration then ultimately purchase, I was not told about a contract, I was not told I can cancel in 3 days. As of today, the credit card transaction was reversed. If you have the money and want to spend over $3,000 for this vacuum, by all means do it. But in my opinion, there are other products on the market less cheaper that does the same functionality as the Rainbow. This is a multi-level marketing scheme (pyramid scheme) and you are getting people rich. I'm so happy spiritual intervention probed me to check my email and review the documents they sent to me and it occurred all on that last 3rd day.

If you want to purchase anything like this, do research immediately and review all the documents by the company to see what your recourse is. Cause after that cancellation window closes, you will be stuck. When sitting through these demonstrations and there is high-pressure sale pitches and you are told that the price is just good for that day, walk away and do not buy. This is a scam and you will regret it. Let's be better consumers and not let others take our hard-earned money easily.

Original Review: Had a demonstration of this product in my home and of course, they say you can practically get this free by signing up 12 people and 2 sales out of those 12 of demonstrations. They say you have to purchase right now to get the price quoted. No research is allowed. Check the return policy. Next day I did research on reviews and to see what the return policy is and of course the item must be unused and in the same condition and must be in its original packaging. When I decided to buy, the sales rep took the original packaging, so if I wanted to return, I don't have the packaging. Also, how can you see if it works, unless you use it. I have no choice but to keep it, but will work hard to get those 12 demos and hopefully 2 people will purchase so I can get this free. Not sure if I'm 100% satisfied yet till I use it for a while, but I feel like during the sales process, there are some undertones of deception.

Customer ServiceSales & Marketing

Reviewed Jan. 22, 2023

I can't believe the negative reviews. This is one more proof not to rely on the reviews. It's just ridiculous that people base their reviews of the product on the customer service or some perks they were promised. Who cares about it? I have this vacuum from 1993, this is my second one. Nothing was wrong with the first one, I just exchange it for a newer model. Can someone tell me about any other vacuum that works for decades without any serious brakes? I needed "customer service" ONCE in all these years. The belt in the carpet cleaner attachment broke after 15 years (ha-ha). I research where is the Rainbow service office located, called, made an appointment, dropped it off, and picked it up when it was done. What is a big deal? People are making big deal out of everything.

I feel so sorry for most of those reviewers. Most of the time it's even hard to understand why they call it a scam. Because they didn't receive some perk, which they don't need and will not use anyway? Why not say anything about the vacuum? No other vacuums clean, look and work better than Rainbow. Regular vacuums with the bag clean a little first 10 min after you put a new bag in and break on average every 3-5 years. This awful smell when you clean with a regular vacuum, is the smell of the dust going from the vacuum into the air. And they think they are cleaning. What a joke! I love my Rainbow vacuum! I am sooo glad I found out about it and bought it so many years ago. It still looks great and works perfectly!

Customer ServicePrice

Reviewed Jan. 1, 2023

There is no Actual customer service with this company. It's okay for someone to drive to Your house to sell it to you but not to service it. You drive wherever the nearest one is, for me an hour+. Not to mention, these little local "retailers" have to pay for the repairs themselves-meaning they are LESS LIKELY TO HELP YOU. Tired of the run around with this vacuum. You're better off getting the same exact thing for 1/3 the price off of Amazon or somewhere else. At least you might have real customer service and a Real company to help with repairs, if you need them later down the road. If you're thinking about getting one, or still in your 30-day trial, RUN AWAY WHILE YOU CAN. COMPLETE WASTE OF $3000+. COMPLETE.

Sales & MarketingPunctuality & Speed

Reviewed Dec. 31, 2022

We did not lose money, we lost time. We were told we won an air purifier from a drawing at the county fair back in Sept 2022. They said they would deliver it because their sales man was going to be in the area anyway. Then we get told he has to give us a short presentation on their product first. So we listen to his spiel for 2 hours trying to talk us into buying a huge vacuum we didn't need and couldn't afford. After he's done he tells us, "Oh the shipment was supposed to come in today and must have been running late." "We'll ship one to you." That NEVER happened!!!

Then we realized about 4 or 5 years ago we went through the same thing with this company. They lie and use deceptive practices!!!! 1) They lied and said we won an air purifier. 2) They lied and said they didn't have any in stock. 3) They lied and said they would ship one and never did. We want our air purifier we WON!!!! Not just the one from this year but the other one too. When we set and listen for that long of time we deserve what we were told we would get. Don't lie to people in order to get sales that you pressured unsuspecting people into. Don't lie and tell them they're getting something free. The guy even had me post something on facebook that we were getting that air purifier just to con my friends into their gimmick!!!!

Reviewed Nov. 26, 2022

I thought this was a good way to get me a vacuum, but oh boy was I wrong, I feel the dealer was pushy, and didn't explain things to me, nor did I get a full demo, in the end, had every reason to make none of my demos qualified, so I'm stuck paying for a vacuum, that if I had knew what I know, wouldn't do it, the dealer was no help. Never could get anyone to answer me back, upset customer.

Customer ServiceSales & MarketingStaff

Reviewed Nov. 22, 2022

Beware. SCAM. We had Emily as our rep and she was great but after we signed and got machine no one calls you when it breaks. The book and ride is a scam. You won't see a penny. They send Yvette who is ** to your home and they lie so you won't qualify for the shows you do. Please don't buy this. Not worth it. I have money to pay it off and won't let anyone in My families' homes. Run fast. Beware. Scam

Reviewed Nov. 2, 2022

My daughter had purchased this vacuum, with the "ride along" program. They did not get any discounts as they were promised. The saleslady thinks it's funny and does not reply to them. They are trying to pay out what they owe and are being told they still need to pay interest... BS!!! I know of 4 different people who are all being treated the same way from this company. I'm glad I didn't get suckered in!! HORRIBLE customer service!! I definitely will not be recommending this company to ANYONE!!

Customer ServicePrice

Reviewed Oct. 21, 2022

Salesman tells me to sell RV vacuum for him & won't charge me for mine. I sell 2 vacuum for him & never heard from him again. Company charged me full price for vac & allows salesman to steal from customers.

Ease of Use

Reviewed Sept. 20, 2022

It cleans perfectly the way I want. It also help my son not to get some allergy from dust. It is easy to use and manage to clean the house accurately. The complete set from wood to carpet also is a big help. The smell is good, like when you are cleaning, you cannot smell the dust.

Reviewed Sept. 18, 2022

We purchased Rainbow vac purifying system about a yr ago ...It did the job for about a month then the light went out on sweeper head ...Called. No response. Several other things have went wrong ..I called rainbow direct and they pretty much told me I'm stuck with it ...I don't mind paying on something that works and stays working ....The salesman when sold it to me said, "I have to take your old vac." I said, "No. You're not in case I need it ...Why you want my old vac for," was my question. Said I'll never need another one. Well that's a bold face lie. I have bought the shark vacuum. Makes rainbow look sick. Not sure if I'm gonna have to pay forever in this so it doesn't God on credit report but disputing your credit report will probably work since so many people aren't satisfied with the product ...I don't know how these guys or gals who sell these sleep at night. Oh that's right they believe it really works shoes their IQ. They must not own one ..DO NOT BUY.

PriceStaff

Reviewed Sept. 12, 2022

The Rainbow Vacuum is like a polished ** wrapped in a nice bow and presented to you while you sit on your couch. The representatives who present it will probably lie about the product to sell you on it. The representative who visited me said the system only used water to clean the air, yet the system relies on a HEPA filter after the water process that gets dirty and needs to be replaced regularly for the vacuum to maintain good working order. The vacuum starts off great but with normal usage you will see a great reduction in cleaning ability within the first few months of owning the product. Overall the system does what they say it does but only at a high efficiency for a short period of time, if you purchase this product you will be left high and dry with an overpriced paper weight.

My personal favorite is the claims for air purification when the system is ran on the low setting for prolonged periods of time. The low setting is a requirement because not only does the system sound like a jet engine is being fired up in your living room when it runs on the high setting, it also will make the system run extremely hot and if kept on for too long will overheat and cause damage to the system. The unit becomes extremely inefficient after the first few months of use to the point that running the system on low will no longer pass the air through the water but allow the air to flow directly into the HEPA filter further clogging the system up. Overall the system is a waste of money and you are much better off looking into other water based vacuum cleaning systems.

Reviewed Sept. 2, 2022

I got carried away with the referral program where you invite 15 families with at least 2 sales to qualify for $1650 credit. Should you fail to meet this requirement, you end up paying an interest rate of 24.9% per annum to finance it. This is outrageous, at the end of the day, you are stuck with paying almost $6,000 for a vacuum cleaner!!

I purchased mine in July and was encouraged to invite my families and friends that they would be given a free gift of a small air purifier after demonstration. None of my referrals got the free gift. Meanwhile, this was meant to be marketing strategy to invite people to buy. Aside all these, the vacuum makes a lot of noise, I can't use it while my landlord is at home. I feel so disappointed for plunging myself into this debt for 3 years, I wish I had read these reviews before buying. For this reason, I don't think will want to put any of my friend/family in this financial mess.

Reviewed Aug. 29, 2022

08.27.22 Purchase Rainbow SRX Vacuum - with the free rainmaker for watching the demo. Somehow if you pick the low payment at $121.61 and pay the down payment of $195. doesn't equal $3,185. Plus, the reprehensive take your old vacuum, why? For what reason. I find the sound of the air purifier to be annoying on low setting. Ask for all Paperwork up front. Still waiting for the company to email paperwork. Buyer Beware.

Reviewed Aug. 20, 2022

I was offered a program that would make the vacuum free. I was told that every person who enters this program gets the vacuum free. I was also told that in the rare event that I didn't complete the program that the payments would be interest free and 100% of your payment comes off the total. I was told that they all work together to help you complete the program and that they will keep us up to date constantly on our progress. None of which happened.

My rep was hard to get ahold of and rude when contacted. I made 1 sale but they said it was disqualified but didn't say why even though my friend purchased the vacuum and it is fully paid now. Of course I couldn't finish the program because they make it impossible so now I'm making monthly payments and just realized of course that there's interest! Never sign paperwork without reading it first!! Very shady sales tactics and I have 2 witnesses to everything she said because they also fell for her scheme too. So unless you wish to pay 4000 for a vacuum, then stay clear.

Reviewed Aug. 13, 2022

I entered to win a free air purifier online. I got a call from someone telling me that I had won the air purifier and what day would I be available for them to come to my home and that the only thing that they would need from me is for me to watch a demonstration of the big brother to the product which turned out to be a Rainbow Vacuum cleaner and that I was not required to purchase anything just to give a good review.

The lady who did the demonstration was very nice but when she showed up she informed me that they were out of the air purifiers at the warehouse and then she would be coming back to this area in a couple of days and she would bring it then so I watched the demonstration and was explained that it could be mine for free if I got 16 other people to watch the same demonstration as me and then I was asked for all my personal info and she pretty much said that she was going to be leaving the Rainbow Vacuum cleaner with me which threw me for a bit of a loop because I could never afford a vacuum cleaner that expensive and I told her.

I said, "You know I can't pay for this." She said, "No you won't have to, we're going to work together and get these 16 people so that you can get it for free." And I said, "Okay. Well, what happens if I'm not able to get the 16 people and I'm going to be able to just give it back?" She said, "Yes absolutely." Well, then I'm assuming things did not work out in favor because the vacuum cleaner did not get left in my home because after she placed a call I'm assuming to the main office, my credit was not good enough thankfully because if not I feel that I would have been stuck with a vacuum cleaner that if I could not get 16 people to agree to do a home demonstration on then I would have been left with something that I absolutely could not have afforded to pay for.

And even though she said that if that was the case she could come back and pick it up, that leaves me to wonder what if it would have been damaged or not even damaged but what if someone said it was damaged while in my home. I'm assuming then I would have started getting billed monthly for it. I don't know how that would have played out but the whole thing gave me a feeling that I was being fooled into something and not being told the whole truth of the situation... Anyhow she wanted to try my partner's information to see if he qualified.

He was at work so she said that she would bring the air purifier back in a couple days when she came back to the area I live in and we could also check then to see if he qualified and once I told her that I was not sure if my partner would be home on that day, I never heard a word back from her and worst of all I still have not received my free air purifier so basically it was all for nothing!! I'm actually highly upset about it. If you tell someone they're going to get a free air purifier for allowing them in your home and taking over an hour of your time then you should at least provide them with the air purifier they were promised...

Reviewed Aug. 11, 2022

I have had my Rainbow cleaning system for a year now. I love it! I wish I had known about it sooner. Both my boys have allergies and my oldest has asthma. Since using the machine he no longer needs puffers. Anytime they start sneezing they know that either their mattress needs to be cleaned or the machine needs to run on high for 30 minutes. They thank me all the time for getting the rainbow. My husband is a truck driver and was always complaining about a stuffy nose and headaches. We cleaned his mattress. Boy was it dirty we dumped the water 3 times. He has not had issues since. And he also knows to vacuum the mattress when he starts getting stuffy. This machine has cut my cleaning time in half.

We purchased the fresh air oil as well. It kills up to 99% of viruses. I decided to put it to the test in January when my oldest got the flu bug. He was throwing up and there was no way I wanted my other 2 kids to catch it. I put the oil in the machine, ran it on high for 30 minutes and they never caught it. I could go on and on. I do not understand how anyone could give a bad review.

Reviewed June 28, 2022

01.26.22 Purchase Rainbow SRX Vacuum - had issue with major heavy fiber type dust throughout my house after 2nd time using this vac. Contact Sale Rep (27 years in the business) multiple time with responses - "Never seen this before, don't know what to tell you, don't have answers for you". Texted, email and called sales rep multiple time - he made me feel like I was crazy that this vac is the best on the market. Took me 4 months to finally ask for a refund. Long story short - Sales Rep or his boss would not take vac back. Here's the kicker - there is suppose to be a 30 day return policy if buyer is unhappy for any reason **. I was never told this information! I had issues first time and every time using this vacuum... I would have definitely returned this $3,000 Rainbow... But was never given that opportunity. Buyers beware - do not buy this Rainbow Vac.

Additional issues:

Can vacuum only few small area wool carpets then water must be changed
    Appears vacuum is repetitively sucking the wool fibers out of my dozen area carpets.
     There is so much debris in the water, water must be thrown outside. Then the muck outside must be cleaned up.
     Must clean plastic filter often to reduce dust.
     Difficulty dragging the vac around over the area carpets – requiring tank to be lifted (very bad for my back)
     Limited reach capability to clean the walls
     Additional maintenance now needed on the foot of the carpet cleaner - gets clogged easily.
     Much work to get the RV set up and broken down to clean up a small mess – very inconvenient
     Vacuum time is double due to all the maintenance & I have to dust the furniture constantly

 My back cannot take the maintenance required to use the vacuum and I am only getting older

Using this Rainbow vac as an air cleaner only blows the dust around my home. DON'T BUY THIS VAC!

Customer ServicePriceStaff

Reviewed June 28, 2022

I would not finance a Rainbow machine or sign up for their program. You’ll be given the wrong information right off the bat and after you sign with them and your 3-day return is up, they’ll tell you the right information which makes it impossible to do the program and you’ll be stuck financing forever. They also tell you the wrong price of the machine. The people who work there suck and lies all the time. They make empty promises and never answer their phones. I WOULD NOT trust them. Unfortunately, I am not the only one that got stuck. A couple of my friends did as well. Horrible. Horrible. Horrible. It starts off with someone trying to offer you a free purifier (which is pictured below) if you sit through a show of them bugging you about financing their “big brother” machine or doing the program with them. The big brother is also pictured below.

Reviewed June 20, 2022

I have had my Rainbow for about 10 years and I love it! I came to the website just to see what people are saying about it, and was very surprised from all the negative comments. This vacuum cleans extremely well and I have had zero issues with it. However, if you do not like to clean after cleaning, this may not be the product for you.

Reviewed June 13, 2022

I love my Rainbow. It has realy made a huge difference in our air quality. We have the sanitizer and eucalyptus that we use when our household gets sick. The sanitizer is good for when we get guests over. Honestly my home is so much more cleaner. My water basin is clear water nowadays but when I first started cleaning the water was black and disgusting. I would urge anyone to at least sit through the srx showing and see what it's about. Our dealer did a fantastic job.

Reviewed April 21, 2022

I live in Las Vegas NV, I am a business owner and for the same reason I am very particular in if I am going to write a review or not. Especially if it’s a bad one (which I usually never do). One of my co-workers asked me if she can do a presentation of 1hr in my house, I agree and made it happen. Jing ** another lady (I think it was his wife), and Teresa my co-worker came to my house and did a presentation of a Rainbow Vacuum. They all presented the vacuum as amazing, etc. presentation was sooo long I was starving. They were literally pushing and trying to convince me to buy it, as any other salesperson.

The thing they didn’t mentioned were a lot:

1- Never mentioned you can cancel your purchase in 3 days.

2- Never give you all the attachments at least you do 12 presentations (where you have to be present for each one of them).

They have a “program” where you need to 12 presentations where you have to go and if two people buys the vacuum then you get your for free, but wait, even if the first two people buys them you still have to do the other presentations. The Vacuum it’s self it’s not worth the price, it’s almost 4K insane for a vacuum. I was willing to do the presentations etc my on the weekend I was able to use the vacuum, it’s when I realized the cordon was so short. It’s not long enough to go my stair, it’s horrible, it blows my thing out than the ones it picks. Right away after I called Jing to tell I didn’t want it. I wanted to return. I had zero interest in having something I wasn’t going to be able to use. He told me: "Oh sorry, it’s been 7 days. You can only cancel on the 3rd day." (Something he NEVER mentioned on his presentations.)

He also told me to pay it off and see what he was going to be able to help me. It’s has been 5 months and he completely ignores me. I literally paid it off with a credit card thinking he was going to be able to help me once it was paid off but in reality he doesn’t care. I don’t know how this people can go to sleep in peace and continually doing and selling thing that are not worth it plus he always take the box for what? Probably to resale a use vacuum.

Reviewed March 5, 2022

This is my 3rd Rainbow. 1st one bought in 1992, was sold used to a family member that used it for at least 20 years when we bought a newer one in 1998. That one was sold to a different family member that still uses it to this very day when we purchased our 3rd cleaner in 2006. We are still using it today. Any reviews that state a Rainbow does not clean are from people who unfortunately do not know how to use it.... period. It cleans and then you remove the dirt outside of your home forever. We recently removed carpets from our main room in the house that had been there since 2007... there was virtually no dirt under the carpet at all. This is unheard of with dust blowing units.

Reviewed Feb. 21, 2022

This sweeper is the worst sweeper I have ever purchased. Everything you sweep blows out the back of the power nozzle. You never really get anything swept. I really wish I could send it back and get my money Back. WORST PURCHASE EVER.

Reviewed Feb. 20, 2022

This was was the worst buying experience ever. This product is a rip off. If I would of known to cancel within 3 days, I would of. I had paid for over a year and a half, and then paid more for pay off. It's all junk!

Coverage

Reviewed Jan. 28, 2022

This vacuum was the worst investment we have ever made. The warranty is a joke. You pay $4000 and it covers nothing. Our vacuum head doesn't work and they won't replace anything. Please save yourself.

Reviewed Jan. 1, 2022

Would give 0 stars. This is the worst vacuum ever. My $100 vacuum works better than this. It gets clogged all the time and I’ve only used it a few times and it doesn’t suck anything now. Seller also lied to me about multiple things.

Customer ServiceSales & MarketingStaff

Reviewed Dec. 27, 2021

December, 2021. Soooo. What's my story about the Rainbow? They are right up there with all the top sales statistics...”Beware.” Yes, they want to make the score! They draw you in with the call, “You are the winner of the free mini air cleaner, when can we drop it off to you?" Now the drop-off with the experienced salesperson trying their best to draw you in to make that sale. Promises galore of what this machine can and will do for you. O you take the plunge and grab the bait… Two days later while looking at this $3000.00 purchase on your floor and still haven't even dabbled with you make the decision to return it, then the phone call to tell them and have it picked up. Now the experience with a very nice salesperson at your house comes to an end and the true vulture shows its true colors and behavior.

After many attempts to reach out, you get the connecting call with a person saying "Yes you are correct!" The nice salesperson yelling and accusing and many untrue facts your jaw is on the floor in awe? What just happened? I want to talk to the nice lady that was in my home trying to make a sale!?! That's when the decision on my part to share happens... good luck and beware! With all due respect, I will not print her name only initials here, ** North Port Florida 34288.

Coverage

Reviewed Nov. 28, 2021

Never ever buy this product. I regret to buy one. It's super very expensive/overprice, the suction is not that good, very bulky and heavy especially its Power Nozzle, very troublesome in maintenance. Its Rainjet is very easy to break and it's not covered under warranty. Very disappointed. :(

Reviewed Nov. 11, 2021

Don’t buy this. It’s overpriced, takes up a lot of room, too many gadgets you’ll never use, bumps the wall, and the movement hurts your back. The grout scrubber doesn’t work. It’s all plastic & not environmentally safe.

Sales & MarketingStaff

Reviewed Nov. 9, 2021

Terrible product, the vacuum bangs into everything and doesn’t pick up hair and other things that well like it says. My Shark does a better job. Do not fall for this product, there are a lot better brands out there. They scam you into thinking it’s a great thing but it’s not. Beware of the guy that says he’s a preacher. It increases your electric by a lot, they don’t have reports only what they assume. Be smart people and stay away.

Reviewed Nov. 2, 2021

In seeing what a Rainbow SRX Air purifier has done for our home not enough words to explain.

1. Reduced our utility bills.
    2. Saved us over 600.00 in plumbing bills.
    3. It cleans even when I don't.
    4. Pet hair gone.
    5. Dusting cut down to once every 3months vs every 2 wks.

6. We no longer have our cars detailed. We use our Rainbow SRX.

Reviewed Oct. 13, 2021

Trying to return it and they won’t let me. I have been calling them for months now and no one would get back to me. Well today I find the head office number and they tell me I can’t return it because it’s over the 10 days. I was not made aware that there is only 10 days to return it and being told I should of read the paper. Well thinking a friend is the one who did the demo they would of told me about it. He filled out the paperwork and made my boyfriend a co-signer when he didn’t want to be and we felt forced into buying it because he wouldn’t leave us alone about it when he said no and made it seem like it would easy to sell the vacuum.

Well it’s not and none of my friends or family want to spend money on an expensive vacuum. I’ve been calling them and lend care for months and they won’t let me return the vacuum and threatening me saying the police will be involved because I am stealing it … How am I stealing it when I’ve been calling for months wanting to return the stupid thing?

They are only in it for the money. I keep telling them I am not working at the moment due to Covid and now being due to have a baby soon and They keep telling me I can do the referral program again. I don’t want to. Just want to bring it to wherever I can and wipe my hands clean of this hell. I thought it was going to be a demo to the small air purifier but it wasn’t. It was the overly priced vacuum.

Sales & MarketingStaffReliability

Reviewed Aug. 27, 2021

I purchased this vacuum a few months ago. I got sucked into the whole presentation and liked what I saw. Now that I've used it on my floors I am completely dissatisfied. I have to vacuum the hardwood floors 3 times to get everything up. For the price I paid, it should be done on the first pass. I also don't think I should have to troubleshoot and self repair something that I've only used 4-5 times. I have tried repeatedly to return this monstrosity and was told that it's not going to happen. I called the "customer service" number and it's for the manufacturer. They don't help the consumer. Do not buy this product. Their sales people are shady as are their sales tactics.

PriceStaff

Reviewed Aug. 13, 2021

Rainbow is amazing. The only downfall is the price. It cleans awesome and the filth in the water is shocking.. They do such a great job. If you have children and or animals they are a must. You will never regret buying one. They last forever.

Reviewed July 31, 2021

My mom has had this vacuum for 25 years. Every now and then needs a good cleaning but other than that it’s an amazing product. Still does an amazing job cleaning the air in whatever room you vacuum in. It instantly feels fresh and cleansed.

Ease of Use

Reviewed July 30, 2021

Rainbow Vacuum is the best on the Market. It picks up dust and is easy to use. I have purchased 2 in the last 20 years, they last a very long time. A nurse suggested to purchase one and I did and I am very happy with my decision.

StaffEase of Use

Reviewed July 29, 2021

I has a demo done and when Shawn showed me all the mess my vacuum cleaner did not pick up I was grossed out!! I bought it and absolutely love it!! For one, I have a bad back and the vacuum is easy to use with no back strain! Secondly, the purifier on the vacuum and the small one (that was a gift!) have helped me tremendously in the few days I have had it. I have COPD and a husband that has sleep apnea... I am having deeper sleep and less use of inhalers and he is snoring less and not tossing and turning as much! Shawn is a great rep and very thorough on how everything works and its benefits! She has so much energy and love of the product it makes you excited and want to buy it!!! This thing is worth every penny I will spend!! Thank you Shawn!!!

Customer ServiceCoverageStaff

Reviewed July 25, 2021

My husband and I purchased the newest model of Rainbow vacuum after buying our first home in 2021. I was THRILLED with it the first few days, but quickly realized I still had to use my mop and carpet shampooer, unless I earned or purchased the extra accessories to make my Rainbow do so. It is very convenient for vacuuming hardwood floors, and makes my house smell great, we can tell a difference in the air.

But.. not even 30 days in I was emptying the bowl and dropped it. It cracked and was unusable. I contacted my "coach" for the program to see about a replacement to find out like many other buyers have stated "it's not covered under warranty." I understand a warranty is not insurance, and the bowls may be "built tough" but as a customer paying almost 4,000$ for something that broke so easily, I expected much better customer service. Then, once I expressed my frustrations about the product to my coach, and explained I was having no luck with my program, she continually blamed me, made excuses, and then used the contacts they received through my personal Facebook page, without giving me credit or even telling me. I would still recommend the product but they need to tell people the truth about how the program and warranty works first.

Reviewed July 12, 2021

This vacuum works well, but... they sell fragrance because it smells so terrible. It's awful. The pricing is not consistent. If your credit score is low you will pay more. Do yourself a huge favor. Buy a Dyson and a Roomba.

Customer ServiceSales & MarketingProcess

Reviewed April 21, 2021

First of all, I am completely satisfied with the actual product. Having said that, the program offered to "earn" your Rainbow for "free" is a fraud. I did receive my $3000 check last evening after waiting 8 weeks for completing my obligations for the program. I was also told to sign a 1099 for the check, and told that the check falls under "lottery" taxes. This places it at a higher tax rate that will substantially diminish the actual $3000 I "earned" back.

This information was NEVER conveyed during my sales presentation, let alone the other 12 presentations that I scheduled and participated in. We were ALL told that we'd receive the $3000 back minus the sales tax. I sold 5 units out of the 12 showings. I did receive the promotional products in accordance with the program as promised. I had to call the 5 buyers last evening and tell them the actual conditions they'd receive their $3000 back once completing the program. Needless to say they were not happy. This has placed me in a very difficult situation due to scheduling these presentations with trusted friends/family only to find out that I endorsed a misleading/fraudulent program.

Reviewed April 8, 2021

Breathe better and sleeping better within one night. I noticed a change in air quality! It is fantastic! Especially with myself having asthma and having a dog in the home. I am beyond glad to have ventured out to see what the Rainbow can do! Better health!

Reviewed April 7, 2021

The demonstration shown was amazing. We had no intention of buying the product but was convinced once shown. We have enjoyed the vacuum so far and it does a much better job than other brands. Air quality in the home has definitely improved.

Customer ServiceCoveragePrice

Reviewed March 29, 2021

First off, I’m not one to write bad reviews. At all. I usually only ever give 5 stars unless the situation really warrants less. This...this warrants much less than even the 1 star I have to give. This vacuum was fantastic the first month or two we owned it. Then things went downhill. Our horse hair bristle brush BROKE. We now have it tied together with rubber bands just so we can vacuum our hardwood. The hinges stopped working where the water bowl goes so you better hope you’re good at multitasking so you can get the water bucket in place while also holding up the heavy top. Several other broken pieces that we are now being told we have to pay for, because that’s not covered under warranty.

Now, let’s get into the clogging problem with the big attachment. I can vacuum ONE rug and it’s completely clogged and shoots dust EVERYWHERE. We have 2 dogs. Not an abundance of dogs, just two. It shouldn’t be clogged after one rug. You have to stop and clean the attachment out after each rug or room or you’ll continuously have this issue.

We are now recently having suction issues. Yesterday it wouldn’t even suck up a FEATHER. The rep asked me if it the hose was clogged. The answer to that...no. I clean it very regularly. The hose gets sprayed out with the outside (very powerful) water hose each use. No. It’s not “clogged” but dang skippy that large carpet attachment still is no matter how well you clean it.

The kicker of the whole thing, you can’t return it. You can’t do anything with it. You’re stuck with that payment. They completely screw you up, down, to the east and west. It’s messed up and a horrendous product. Oh and guess who has to pay for any repairs!? I DO. You pay $4000 for a VACUUM and they take even more money from you when their ** product fails you in every single way. Stay away from Rainbow. Just save yourself the trouble, time, and definitely money. I wish I would have.

Installation & SetupPunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed March 25, 2021

I hosted a demo of the vacuum system for a friend and agreed to do their 12 demos 2 sales program. First of all, let me start by saying my rep is very nice, but she is located 3 hours away from me. This makes scheduling demos hard as she wants me to spend my ENTIRE weekend with her at people's houses demoing the product. Second, to 'qualify' as a true demo towards your 12, you have to only contact couples who own their homes. Single homeowners, or renters won't qualify if they do not purchase the product.

Third, they check all of your appointments through county tax records to verify if they are owners or not. If they can't find proof, they ask you to provide court documents or some other proof of their ownership. This is not only shady but incredibly invasive. Fourth, I have just been notified that they are canceling one of my appointments because they won't allow the rep to travel to me for one appointment who is not "qualified" by their standards. Not even giving her a chance to see if she wants to purchase or not. They are just writing her off.

Fifth, they tell you that if they cancel an appointment, they will count it as one of your 12. That will be tested tomorrow when I call to complain. Sixth, I was told that the north office could pass me over to the office in my area, but they don't want to lose credit for the sale! While the machine is amazing, the way to get it 'free' is NOT worth the hassle. They make it look and sound so easy in the moment, but it is anything BUT easy. All of their stipulations make it almost impossible to complete.

Reviewed Feb. 27, 2021

The vacuum is absolutely wonderful! But unfortunately the customer service is about the worst I have ever seen! If you purchase one of these vacuums I truly hope you do not need anything repaired or replaced. I hope you do not have any questions and I hope you do not need to pick anything up from any of the offices. You will have to google the phone number to the main office in Michigan to get anything accomplished and they will still have to call you back later. To save you some time their number is **.

Reviewed Jan. 20, 2021

I purchased a new Rainbow. Paid cash. Salesman took my other rainbow to replace hose and give me an new rain jet. Promised to return it before Christmas. Well it's almost Feb and no vacuum and salesman is nowhere to be found. Number disconnected. He stole my vacuum!!

Sales & Marketing

Reviewed Jan. 16, 2021

During our demo we were told we could get our Rainbow free by doing this program host 12 demos/sale 2 vacuums. We sold 4 out of 12. Now we are being told 2 sales have to be A line credit. Only 1 sale was. Don't do it, scam.

Reviewed Jan. 11, 2021

They go to people's houses and say that people are going to have the vacuum for free if they call someone else, but they ask you not to say exactly what it is about. Dont let them in your home or you will be in big trouble.