Pur Water Filters

• 0%
  • 52%
  • 42%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pur Water Filters?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pur Water Filters?
    Profile pic of the author.

Reviewed Dec. 22, 2023

I have purchased, been given, and even “tried a newer model” purchased over the past several years and not one single pitcher out of 5, maybe 6 (all different or updated models) would successfully pour without soaking the entire surrounding area. I tried all different ways and water level combos between the filtered/not filtered tanks thinking it was me, but my sister and friends all say the same thing. The pitchers pour so badly that it is aggravating to the point that, more than once, I happily threw the entire unit away cutting my losses and essentially lighting a $50 bill on fire just to watch it burn.

When I say they soak the area I mean it drains (rapidly mind you) down the sides and handle so not only are your hands and sleeves wet, but so will be your counters, floors, shoes, dogs standing under you etc. THEN you have to fill it back up each time because you lose half the pitchers contents of filtered water to the floor each time you try to pour it. I even tried busting off the tip cover that the water flows through but nothing helped. I do not know honestly how anyone could like these pitchers. I tried each time with newer models thinking that everyone must have been complaining and hoping maybe Pur finally fixed the flawed design but still it is a hard no. No change, just a huge mess to clean and beyond aggravating.

The one I just purchased the other day is going right back to the store for a refund and I will never try a Pur brand pitcher again for as long as I live and will openly tell a total stranger in Wal Mart with one in their cart to switch brands or make an extra trip back to the towel aisle to be fully prepared. Disappointing because the filtered water tastes amazing and I truly trust the level of filtration they provide but never again. They are dead to me.

Customer Service

Reviewed Sept. 16, 2023

I purchased this water filter from Home Depot and after I got it home found the lid was cracked. It was the last one HD had in stock so I reached out to Pur. Called them, emailed them. Nothing. No answer. Just nothing. All I want is a new lid. Now after less than two months the yellow is on saying it already need a filter. I’m done…. Should have purchased a Brita. Everyone has one. There I go trying to support the little guy. This thing would be great if they had decent customer service and the filters lasted like the Brita.

Get buying tips about Water Treatment Systems delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Reviewed Feb. 27, 2023

PUR filters purchased over the last 6-7 yrs have resulted in my water testing in the 10-14 range for purity. The last 4 filters are testing 212-218, which is the same as my tap water reads. The only thing the filters appear to be doing now is removing the smell of chlorine.

Reviewed Feb. 12, 2023

My wife and I live in the city. We noticed our tap water has had a chlorine taste and smell for quite some time. We were discussing how we buy bottled water or alternatives. Then we thought about, just maybe, a filter system might work so we decided to look into it. I found PUR Plus looking at options. While at Lowe's, we decided to go for the one that attaches to the faucet. Once I rinsed it for 5 minutes (only 2 gallons of water) the results were AMAZING! Great tasting water and the chlorine and smells were GONE! We are well pleased with this product and will recommend it to others. Next I will be installing a filter system to our water line going to our freezer for the ice maker. In our opinion this filter system works very well!

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed Sept. 30, 2022

I purchased Pur Maxion filter a month ago and it broke. Called customer service and woman was rude. Definitely will not buy their products anymore! I will definitely do more research and go with a company that back ups their products.

Price

Reviewed Aug. 30, 2022

Just changed the filter and red light goes on already !! And this is 2nd time. Horrible experience. Yet they charge lots of $ for this filters. I want my money back! I am not the person sit down and write bad reviews but this is a bad product.

Reviewed Aug. 15, 2022

Pur filters used to last a decent amount of time, but lately, they've been getting clogged in about a week. If Pur thinks it can sell more products this way, it's wrong. After having used Pur filters for ages, I'm now going for a faucet filter by another company. Pur should be ashamed of all the plastic it wastes.

Reviewed March 19, 2021

I’ve been using Pur filters for years never had a problem. The short version came out so I tried it. Bought a three pack, went through the whole box in three weeks, one filter only lasted one day. Bought another box same thing. I get really sick if filter is not working. Went back to long version same thing, so I guess I’ll go back to Brita. Have to buy another pitcher for that. I’m really upset we’re talking about people who react to city water.

Price

Reviewed Dec. 6, 2020

These filter replacements are very expensive. I was ok that the first one did not last two months, but the replacement filter was always red even at the start. The process is so simple that I am positive I have not made a mistake to insert properly. Nevertheless, I tried it again, and STILL THE RED LIGHT! Very disappointing!

Reviewed Aug. 9, 2019

These filter housing do not last more than 8 months in my house. The filters last from 6-8 weeks with heavy use (even though the package says 3 months) and I can deal with that. The problem is that after only a few months of use the housing starts leaking and eventually cracks. I have not had one last past 8 months in years. And to put it into perspective, I have been using PUR filters since the early 2000's and the housing used to last for years. Our first one was metal and it lasted about 5 years. The only reason I give it 2 stars is that when the filter is working properly, the quality & taste does improve. But I recommend this for short term use, not for long term because you have replace the parts frequently.

Pur Water Filters Company Information