Call toll free
4.39/5

Central Florida

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Home Makeover Systems is proud to be a family owned and operated company. We have been providing quality products and services to Central Florida homeowners for over 30 years. We offer whole home water purification systems, attic insulation and a proprietary exterior home coating system formulated for Florida weather conditions. We look forward to providing your family and home with only the best products available.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

326 Home Makeover Systems Consumer Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

I needed the house pressure-washed and then I was looking for a painter and found Home Makeover. The sales rep who came was very professional and presented the program. He explained the system and how it worked. He said not to worry about having anything pressure washed because they would move everything away from the house first. I liked what I heard so I went for it.

The guy that did all the pressure washing have the Home Makeover shirt on. He was running the crew but he was very professional. I told him I have a dish that I don't use anymore and asked if he wants to take that off the house. The other guys came and painted, while he took me around so I could see everything. And then he yelled at them, "Fix that," for the area where they had taken the dish off the side of the house. I didn't notice that but he did. He made them repatch the hole and repaint. When he didn't like what they've done, he made them come back and do it again before they ever got away. He showed me the paints for the different areas of the house and then he saw all of the papers I had stacked against the wall. He said, "I'll have a crew that could do this, but they'll take their time. I'm just gonna move it." He moved them all on a Saturday and there were like 70 of them. I'm pleased with their work. It looks really nice.

Get expert buying tips about Water Treatment Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

Home Makeover Systems called me. The salesperson that came to my house originally was very personable. He sat there and talked and explained everything. So I understood what was going on. He was very good at what he did. I was given an estimate which was high but I understood when they explained everything that they were doing. My house had several big cracks in it because it was settling, and with the guarantee that they give you and with the way the house cracks so much, that would be a good thing to have.

Also if I sell the house tomorrow, I can transfer the warranty to the next owner of the home which was a good thing. They painted the outside of my house and they did a good job. They could have been a little bit more careful around the plants. One of the people from marketing that was there, I showed him the different plants and he apologized. They also killed a strip of the grass out there where they washed everything up, but I just threw some seed on it and that helped.

There were two guys and they worked hard. They were praying to gods of the rain whenever they could because that's the worst part about summertime here. They took care of the job and they worked as a team. Everyone that I've worked with at Home Makeover was very accommodating. The manager of the whole thing, who was the one who arranged to have the people come and do the job, was also very good. The people on the phone when I called was supposed to have a meeting with someone and I had to change it, and they were very nice. I've had a good experience all the way around with them. I had a friend who said if she just haven't had her house painted, she would have had these people come and do hers.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

Home Makeover Systems was the only painting company that HomeAdvisor.com was referring so I looked them up online and looked at their products. It looked very impressive so I contacted them and set up an appointment. I had them do a ClimaGuard and it was excellent. The whole process was more than just a paint job so we were quite pleased with it. Plus, they were very good with customer service. We had to go through our HOA to get approval for the colors and the person who was in-charge of the painting aspect of the company had to come out five times to put up paint samples for our HOA to look at. At one point, Home Makeover had a young man out by the name of James and he had to paint the sample in the rain so that we could get it up for the HOA to look at. Once HOA gave us approval for the color scheme which took 12 weeks, Home Makeover came out and did the whole job in two days.

We had to take out a home equity loan to do it and I was telling the loan officer about it. She said she wished she had spoken to me two weeks earlier because she just had her house painted and this sounded so much better. In the end, they make sure that you’re satisfied and happy with everything that they did. Also, the product comes with a 30-year guarantee which was what really sold us on it. It was the fact that it's guaranteed if it peels, chips, fades, discolors, if it gets mold or mildew on it. If I let them know, they will come back and fix it. It's also transferable so if we're gonna sell the house, that's a selling point to get to the new owner.

Original review: June 24, 2018

I looked into what Home Makeover Systems did and the type of paint jobs that they do. I was looking for something that was exactly what they had on their 30-year warranty. Also, the type of paint that they use is a lot different than most other paints. It was more durable and so that's what I went for. I got an outside paint job for my whole house. Working with their sales representatives went really well. However, we didn't expect the price to be as high as it was at first because I didn't know what I was getting into. Still the company was able to work with me on that given that it's the first time I'm working with them and a few other factors that they talked to me about. Their reps were really good about helping me out with the price.

The quality of the paint job is the best I've ever seen. The painters were really awesome. To contrast, the previous paint job was really horrible and shoddy. It was a lot of work for their painters to remove the excess older paint and all the stuff the previous homeowner did to the house that was wrong. Their painters had to spend an extra day on site because of that problem. Still, they were really good about it. Their attention to detail while they were painting the house was phenomenal. They cleaned very well and I didn't have to pick up any trash. I'm definitely going to be using this company in the future for any stuff that I have to do around the house. Working with them was seamless and perfect.

Original review: June 23, 2018

We were about to go out this winter and paint the house but my husband is an amputee so it was gonna be quite an ordeal for us. Home Makeover Systems contacted us by phone then a salesman came over and was very thorough. He explained everything that they do and the process they use. We liked the fact that the materials and the people who do the work are not farmed out to anybody. It's wholly owned by them and that was a good point. We also liked the fact that it was guaranteed for 30 years and since we just had a new roof put on, it solidified the external part of the house. The price was also less than what we expected and I thought it was a good deal.

The foreman at the job came out, met with us, looked over everything and told us when the fellas would show up. They came that very day and I thought it was gonna take all week. But they came on a Monday and were finished by Wednesday night. So it was faster than what I expected. They also kept coming in to make sure which colors went where and to double check everything so that they weren't doing anything incorrectly. The two fellas were respectful, hardworking guys and they never bothered us for anything. I offered a few things but they had all their own stuff. One spoke English very well and I think the other one could understand but wasn't as versed as the first fellow. But the first fellow would always translate to the other to make sure he knew what was going on. They were neat, clean and efficient. They did a very nice job and it was even hot outside so they did really well.

We had the exterior of the house done with their better product, out of the two different ones they had. All the soffits and gutters were done to match. There was one little light in the back that wasn't part of the front of the house but the fella came and painted that for me too to make everything uniform. It was one entire finished product. Nothing was left that we had to do ourselves and the house came out very nicely. It looks brand new.

It was a seamless transaction from beginning to end. It was very favorable from the salesperson to the foreman to the fellas who actually did the work. There wasn't anything that Home Makeover Systems didn't come through on. Now we have to see about the 30 years down the road. Anybody can make a promise but you gotta be around. But they've been around for quite a while, just not so much in my area.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Makeover Systems?

Original review: May 12, 2019

My mother has a water filtration system, and I was looking for one. At first, I got that. Then I was looking for a home makeover system, but the company that did the water filtration system was no longer in service. So I looked for another service to do that and found Home Makeover Systems. I looked up their record, and they looked pretty good. Their reps were really very nice and professional. The crew that came out to do the service was also very professional and did a very nice job. They came out and cleaned the house. They did the pressure washing and fixed several places where the wood was rotted. They replaced the door jamb at the back. They did the base coating, the pressure coating and the texture coating on the house, and it turned pretty well.

Original review: May 11, 2019

I got a telephone call about Home Makeover Systems. When I first answered the call, I was kind of misled. Eventually, they painted our house. They came, prepped, repaired and cleaned the house. They applied this special paint that they had warrantied for 20 years. The paint job itself was pretty good other than painting a few things that shouldn't have been painted down like outlets. But I was really happy with the paint job they did.

Original review: April 23, 2019

Home Makeover Systems came and presented to us. And we liked their product and decided to go with them. We had our home painted and the quality is wonderful. It looks great. We dealt with a good and very informative sales rep from Home Makeover Systems. The installers were very busy. They came the first day and did all the power washing, and they painted and sealed the brink and everything the following day. They completed the job in a timely and professional manner. They were very neat in getting the job done. Overall, the experience was great. They did a great job and we’re happy with it.

Original review: April 20, 2019

We got the high-end 30-year warranty exterior, 20-mil treatment from Home Makeover Systems. So far, I'm happy with the quality and appearance. However, I don't know if it's gonna last 30 years. My hesitation is because they called us and threw a 'take it now or leave it' option. They told us that they could only offer the deal to us one time. We didn't have time to do our homework and compare prices. I've since heard through other channels that they own the product, in spite of the fact they led me to believe that they manufacture and own the product. And so, if I need to cash in on the warranty in 10 to 20 years, they may not even be there to back it up. It's not their product. They may have moved on to something else. I felt I got taken price-wise.

While the paint crew was nice and did a good job, I raised one question but I never got it verified. By the time they went, they had already put the second coat on. That first coat is their secret sauce that seals everything in and they didn't get everything covered. It's a clear coat, so it's not colored, it's not obvious. But if you get it in the right lights and you look at the old paint, you can say, "That's still chalky here where they should've coated that." I pointed that out to the foreman.

He said they were gonna cover it all the second time. Next time I looked, it was covered with the pigmented primer. So I have no idea if they put that clear coat on underneath. I now have to wait for 10 - 30 years to see if it starts flaking off in places where that first coat should have sealed it. The foreman should have pointed it out to me because I pointed out to him the places they missed. Next time I looked, he had covered it up with other paint. He should've covered it with a clear coat and showed it to me before they went forward with the primer.

Overall, Home Makeover's sales practices leave a bad taste in the mouth and people who are considering making a purchase with them should do some competitive shopping first. But I am not dissatisfied. I am wary. While I have nothing concrete to say bad about them, they left me with several concerns at a very high price.

Original review: April 12, 2019

Home Makeover Systems offered to come over and test the water. The salesman tested the water and told us how much chlorine we had in the water. So we decided to go ahead with the water conditioner. But there's no difference with our water than before. We've wanted to get rid of the water conditioner, but Home Makeover won't come take it back. The salesman that sold it to us said they would take it out any time. All we had to do was call them and they would come take it out. We've tried to shut them off at the banks and tried to call them and talk to them. They told me that they would get the right person and have him call me back. But we have never heard from him.

Original review: March 12, 2019

(I wish I could give negative stars!!!!) Everything that the salesmen tell you is a COMPLETE LIE!!!! They do not do anything that the salesman tells you they will. This has created the biggest headache for me because when they originally came out they did all sorts of damage to my property and made endless mistakes. They made me take down the screen on my porch for starters and killed a couple of plants I had with paint. I mean come on. What professional company cannot paint around screen. I created a 10-page document of all the things they did wrong and some of that was in multiple areas but I just simply covered each mistake generally. They came back and fixed everything and to "make up" for the damage they offered to paint my back porch ceiling.

At this point, I was livid and just wanted my money back but that wasn't going to happen so I settled for this and just wanted them off my property. Well now we are a year down the road and my paint is PEELING, and not light peeling I'm talking hand size spots coming off!!!! And the sooo called stain resistant paint is more like stain ABSORBENT. It looks absolutely awful with all the stains. I cannot get out even with a pressure washer or bleach!!!! And the paint job itself looks horrible there were spots they missed and I just got tired of calling them back. I honestly think they hired painters that were so awful they could not get a job anywhere else.

The cutting in lines around my windows and doors are SQUIGGLY!!!! My 70-year-old father and I can cut in way better than any of their painters. People come over to my house and ask if I need help repainting my house because I am sooo embarrassed about the horrible paint job I tell people it was done by me and was a rush job. I stopped telling people a company did it because it would then start the whole conversation of, "Oh they took MAJOR advantage of you." It is less embarrassing to tell them I did such a horrible paint job!!!! And by the way MR. company President this review is sticking no matter what. This is ridiculous the number of problems I have had!!!!

Original review: March 1, 2019

Had them come for an estimate for exterior paint job. Totally overpriced and they try to trick you with markup/markdown and time sensitive pricing. Started with $**+ and giving a "discount" to $**k, then offering a "commercial pricing" down to $**k. They don't seem to understand that buyers need to consider different options before making a decision. They say the price is only good for the day or you pay the original marked up price. They will also do everything to pressure you into signing on the spot. If you decline to sign, they just leave and have no intention of working with you in the future. On the bright side, there is one less option I have to consider now.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

I was given three different companies to look into and get quotes from. Home Makeover was one of them and the reps were fine. They came out and did a quote for the whole system. However, it was a hard sell group. There were two men that came first and they wanted us to choose right then, which we finally did, and chose them even though we had another company that was coming to quote the project. Home Makeover said it was only good if we took them then. I wasn’t pleased about them forcing us to make an instant decision.

We had some Hardie board siding put on our porch and some of the rest of the house replacing vinyl siding, which we had previously. And then, Home Makeover did the paintwork on the new siding and put another coat on our fake bricks, which is a stucco finish on the exterior of our house. We're really happy with what they did. It was overpriced but they did an excellent job. They did it in just a few days. They had a group of four or five workers and they showed up every day and kept working until it was completed.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

The house hasn’t been painted in 20 years and there was no kind of maintenance done on it. I had three people come to give me estimates and their quality of work. A lot of what the people were talking about were not what I was looking for. Putting the maintenance work in, the others' whole price was different compared to Home Makeover Systems'. Their customer service was the best. The sales guy who came out and the engineer who conducted the close other than the HOA community, conducted everything to get the color because the color that I picked out wasn’t approved by the HOA. They went above and beyond and took care of that for me while I wasn’t here. They made sure they did what they had to do to get the job started and completed, and I appreciated that.

They painted the whole house. The exterior door shipped away because I have a pool. The outside had a little molding that they had set up and they said that it's completely waterproof. It took them two days to complete it and I got here the last day when they completed it. The house looks like a house now with the work that they gave me. When people passed by and asked me who I used, I recommended Home Makeover Systems.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

We had our house painted through Home Makeover Systems. It was pretty excellent. I'm pretty happy with that. The sales rep gave us time to think about it and when we were ready we called him, and we just got started. He was very good. The crew that came was nice and pleasant. At first we thought the price was pretty high, but then we got to thinking about the quality of the paint that we were getting and that was what made us decide, because it was supposed to last a lot longer.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

Home Makeover Systems was great and I love the way that they did the job. When you get somebody to come and paint the house, you pay them and you never see them again. But with Home Makeover Systems, it was very good. They had a three years warranty and I thought that it was a good deal. They painted the exterior and I'm amazed at how my house looks. It looks so cute now. Plus, I was missing some part of the edge under the roof and they fixed it and painted it. It looks brand-new. They were very nice. They cleaned everything and didn’t leave a mess like all the people had done before. Furthermore, I received two or three calls after the job to see how I was feeling about it. In fact, the day that I was leaving for Puerto Rico, they called me and it had already been a month and a half. It was a great experience overall.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

We had two guys come over from Home Makeover and sell us on the long-lasting paint. The work was good but there was some trim work that was really sloppy. The body of the house is kind of a dark, sandy color, and then we have white trim also painted around the windows. They let a pretty good amount of that dark, sandy color reach over onto the white, so it's not really clean. They also took down some vines and never put them back up again. But their sales reps were very friendly and very informative. We ordered the paint based on swatches, and it turned out the original body color ended up not being the same as what we picked. And so, we had to kinda go back and go with that again, until we got it to where we like it.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

The sales representative of Home Makeover was informative. I have my house painted with polymer through their company and the people who did it were nice and good. The price was a little high but it pays for itself in time. They were also overall professional.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I liked Home Makeover's system when it was explained to me. The rep explained everything that they were gonna do. I wanted to get the lifetime coating but it was way too expensive. They have exterior system, in which you don't ever have to paint for a lifetime and it's cooling to your house. But I couldn't get it because they wouldn't give me the financing. So I just got the regular paint, which was expensive but I got 15-year warranty. And I went with them for that warranty. I could've got it done for quarter of the price but no warranty, but I needed my warranty. The crew that painted our house listened to me and everything looks very good.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

I talked to Home Makeover Systems' salesman and he was really good. He talked me into getting their service to have my home painted. They knew somebody who was a good contractor on wood works and the work was sent through a subcontractor who redid all the wood all over the eaves and around the windows of my house. The only problem is, my hurricane shelter is peeling more because the wood is so thick on there.

Other than that, I had a hard time communicating with the subcontractor because I didn’t speak Spanish and their rep didn't speak English. So, I had to look things up on the internet or on Google and it was kinda hard to get the whole thing straightened out. But they did a good job and I like that. When they were still painting, I would step off the porch and I saw that they took off all of the stuff I just sprayed on my deck. They painted everything through, including the pipes and the fixtures. In the end, I wanted the house painted and now, even the solar panel pipe is painted white.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

Home Makeover System's product seems good and they price-matched, too. However, I was not too fond of the sales representative. He was almost the reason that I did not go with them. He was very pushy. Me and my partner didn't like him very much. He actually packed up mid-presentation to leave because he told us if we didn’t buy it through them that we weren’t very intelligent. He was horrible. But other than that, the service team was amazing. They handled everything they said they would in a timely manner.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

Home Makeover Systems was fantastic. I called them on the phone and their rep and I hit it off. We talked about 30 minutes. I got the painting system where they did the touch around in my house and sealed the foundation. And then they painted it with the special sort of paint that got the 30-year warranty on it. The only issue was the front door that they put in wouldn't lock. But they came back and fixed it in a timely manner.

Also during that process, they were supposed to put in a steel door and I still don't know whether it is a steel door or wood because I'm told when I did the research that with metals doors or some of them, the metal is on the inside of the wood. From what I see I see wood but it's okay. The work was fantastic and the people that did the painting and everything else were great. They were nice and very professional. They painted something that they shouldn't have but other than that the house looks very good. Also with a 30-year warranty, if anything goes wrong, they will come back and fix it for free.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

Home Makeover Systems did a tip-top job for us. One of my neighbors, Ellen, let us know about them and we used their service for painting and then a water filtration unit. The sales rep Ronald was awesome, very upfront and very good. He was very knowledgeable and he came by all the time to check on things. The painting team did an awesome job too. The quality of the service and of the treatment system were great.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

We went to HomeAdvisor and said that we were interested in having our home painted. A gentleman called from Home Makeover Systems and came out. The job was 100% fantastic even though I did not have a punch list. We love it. Then if I called someone, if they weren't available, they called me back within minutes. Between the customer service rep, Ronald, the crew, they really made me feel like I was their only client. That was how quickly their response time was. I wish every company that I dealt with operated like they did. They were impeccable. If they could give some lessons in customer service, some companies could succeed dramatically by their help. They did everything particularly well and were like the Golden Globe of customer service. It was an incredible experience and I would refer them to anyone.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

We were getting quotes to get our house painted and we contacted Home Makeover Systems. The reps were very detailed with everything and they answered all of our questions. The communication was good and it was a good experience overall.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

We're getting older and we're tired of doing things ourselves. We had Home Makeover Systems paint the whole outside and it was a very pleasant experience. The sales rep came out and he was pleasant and very knowledgeable. He also wasn't pushy. Also, the team that came did an excellent job. I'd never seen people that worked in such a clean and good rate. They did not take a break and they got the job done all in one day. After they were done, they asked me to walk around and look, and it was perfect. There were no runs, no overspray. Everything was wonderful and we never have to paint again. I have several friends who are interested in having it done because they don't want to paint their houses either.

Original review: July 22, 2018

Home Makeover Systems was good. I was delightfully pleased and I would use the company again. We had the house painted and I like everything about it. I love the color and how the paint's not really shiny. They also did everything they said they were gonna do and it came out beautiful. The sales rep had been very informative and patient as well. He answered a lot of questions. My husband had gone online and investigated painting vinyl siding before the sales rep had ever come so we knew if what he was saying was true and it was.

When I talked to the workers, they were also very willing to try and satisfy us. If we had any issue, we discussed it with them and they fixed it. They had replaced some pieces of vinyl and two sides of the wall of the garage and they were supposed to be painted the same as the garage and the house. But they thought we wanted them white so they didn’t paint them. But when I explained they were supposed to be painted, they came right back and did them and they matched up perfectly. I also like that they kept us informed as they went. The job didn’t take as long as I thought it would either. Plus they cleaned up. They put back anything that they moved and when they were gone, you would have never known they were here, which was great. It was overall a good experience.

Resolution response: Sept. 18, 2018

Home Makeover systems was able to resolve the problem with our front doors. We are now satisfied. The paint has stopped bubbling and the colors are matched. Thank you for all your hard work Brian ! And thank you Mr. **.

Original review: July 19, 2018

We had a good experience with the external paint job on our home. Workers were here at appointed time and completed the job in a timely manner. Within a few months the paint on the metal front doors (which face east and get extremely hot during the summer months) began to bubble up in various areas on the doors. We contacted Home Makeover Systems and after a very extended time they came and repaired the paint on the doors. The paint job lasted for approximately one year.

This summer. When it got outside, the paint bubbled once again! We got in touch with the company again and were told someone would reach out to us and make an appt to come to our home and try a new approach in order to solve the problem. No one got back to us, so we continued to call the office and were given the same answer. It's been over a month and still no one has called. In other words, NO FOLLOW UP! This is the first review I have ever written because we are reasonable people, but for the amount of $ we spent for this paint job, we expected better service. Very disappointed and not sure where to turn to.

Original review: July 4, 2018

The sales presentation was good and we haggled over the price. The salesman spent a lot of time and did all right. Home Makeover Systems painted our house and the pool deck, and the workers were excellent. They showed up on time and worked at it until it was done. There were touch-ups that we asked them to do and they did a nice job without griping. I was very satisfied and I'd recommend them to a friend.

Original review: March 23, 2018

We were in the process of looking for water purification system for our house, and Home Makeover Systems offered one. We liked the system itself very much. It was what we were really looking for. The sales rep was very good. But besides the system, he sold us a bunch of junk to go with it. We probably will not continue buying it because it was pure junk. We paid a lot of money for garbage. We'd recommend the system, we'd recommend the company but I would tell everybody right upfront not to buy the solutions, soaps and stuff that the guy was peddling because it's really not as good as everybody says it is.

Everybody has been great to work with. Their customer service gal, Tara, was absolutely phenomenal. We had a few issues and she worked very hard to get them off squared away, and made it come out right. The first six or seven months, we had the issue almost weekly. We got salt in our water and it turned out that it was missing a cog or some kind of a plug in the system that didn't allow it to cycle properly. We had several different technicians that came in and she was getting frustrated. She finally sent one guy that was absolutely topnotch, knowing the system. And when the guy came out, he found the missing item and he was absolutely fantastic. So far, it's been two months and we haven't had any issue. Tara is a great asset to that company. She worked very hard in making sure the customers are happy.

Overall, the salesman was a little pushy and tried to make it look like we were getting a really good discount if we went with the stuff when it was exactly alike. We looked at other companies that sell the same system and we could have bought the system for a couple of thousand dollars less. That was a bit downgrading. But Tara has really made the whole thing a lot more pleasurable.

Home Makeover Systems Company Information