Accredited Partner

Call Now Toll Free
Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.41/5
Get Started

Home Makeover Systems is proud to be a family owned and operated company. We have been providing quality products and services to Central Florida homeowners for over 30 years. We offer whole home water purification systems, attic insulation and a proprietary exterior home coating system formulated for Florida weather conditions. We look forward to providing your family and home with only the best products available.

Home Makeover Systems Call Now Toll Free (407) 602-0164 Learn More Get Started
Call Now Toll Free

Home Makeover Systems Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Makeover Systems?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Makeover Systems?

Original review: Nov. 5, 2020

Derek, the guy that called me, was a very good salesman. He talked to you like a person. It was like he wasn't trying to make a sale. He was just trying to tell you about a product that was good, why you needed it, and why you would want to upgrade. I felt like he had great communication skills and he listened and he answered all my questions. He wasn't pushy as well. He left it up to me. I told him I would check with my husband and get back with him, and he didn't make the next contact with me. I made the next contact with him, which was a couple of weeks after.

We liked the first system we initially had in our home, and we just got a new Brita PRO, which is the upgraded one. We've had it a month or so. It's supposed to save us on our water bill because it cycles less. It has a new computer system in it that calculates how much water we use versus the old system. It also uses a lot less salt and the maintenance on the system is supposed to be less, every 7 to 10 years versus every year. That's why we went for the upgrade. All in all, Home Makeover Systems was confident, they were thorough and they know what they're doing when it comes to the water system.

Get buying tips about Home Improvement Contractors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2020

I had a water softener and I wasn’t very pleased with it. It wasn’t doing the job that I wanted it to do. I wasn't sure I wanted to try different ones just for that. But I did my own homework and searched on the Brita systems. I finally decided to replace my water softener with the Brita. The Brita has done significantly better than the other one did. Derek, the contact that we first called, we followed up with some calls and he explained to me the difference between the two systems. But I was holding off because of the cost of it.

The people who came and installed the Brita, put it much better than the one who put the old one cause it’s the same company. He came to the house and he did exactly what I wanted him to do. We put it back in the same place, the way it was installed and where the overflow was going, it was a very smooth and easy transition. I have been very pleased with it.

Brita has clearer water that has less chlorine in it. I also noticed, most of all, that the old one was not removing the calcium deposits from our water satisfactorily. This one does. When I use my bathroom, with my old one, I could actually see the residue of lighting, the little tiny dots. But this one does not do that. If I just let the water dry by itself, it dries completely. So it does look better. People have said the water tastes good and they’re right, I don’t need to buy bottled water.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2020

Home Makeover Systems called me up and said, “Okay, you wanna upgrade?” My system was 18 years old, and the price was right, so I upgraded it. I talked with a representative. He sold me the system. I told him I've been with them. He told me the price, then I said, "Okay deal.” The next day, the sales rep told me, “Hey, I will have your system available tomorrow,” and indeed the installer showed up. Everything was good. He explained the system to me and gave me the warranty. It was very quick, effortless and no hassle.

Brita told us immediately that I would have no problem. Brita has been around for the longest time. So then, if Home Makeover says, “Oh, I have this business product,” then I would not hesitate. That was the one thing that stood out in my mind. The system is very modern and efficient. Now, I don't have to change a fault to every four or five weeks, which I used to do and it’s supposed to become really expensive. And then, as far as using it, I can see the difference. I have quality water. I really like the system for what I paid for it too.

Home Makeover Systems response

Thank you so much for your kind review. If we can assist you any further please don't hesitate to give us a call at: 407-830-0107

Original review: April 24, 2020

Somebody from Home Makeover came around the neighborhood and was passing out flyers. My wife made an appointment with the guy to come back to talk to us about painting the house. They were pretty good. There was a couple of incidents that I wasn’t too happy with, but the supervisor pretty much took care of it at the end of the job and gave us a little discount. It could have been a little more, but I was appreciative. There could have been a little more better customer service and I shouldn’t have to deal with what was going on between the painters and their supervisor.

They did a pretty good job painting the house and doing what they said they were gonna do. But I heard the guys that we had working talking and they were complaining about not getting paid. Then they promised to show up at a certain time but they never showed up. The supervisor told me he ended up having to let that crew go and he sent me another crew. It kinda delayed the process and my wife wasn’t too happy that she couldn’t put her Christmas decorations up because we had to keep everything off the house. But they took care of it. We got it painted right before Christmas.

Original review: April 16, 2020

I found out about Home Makeover Systems through Home Advisor and I liked that with them, we don't have to clean our house for another 30 years. The guy that looked at our house and went over everything with us was great. Their crew painted our house very quickly when I was away on business and the paint job came out very nicely. However, the electrical box we have outside ended up being painted when we asked that they don't paint that. I was a little upset about that when I came home and saw it. Also, when they were done with the painting, our front door wasn't painted yet. We wanted that front door to be of the same color as our shutters. Still, their guys came back and painted that door for us.

Other than those issues, everything went smoothly. Home Makeover Systems provides a good product. They said that with the paint and the different layers they put on for us, it would cut down on our electric bill and AC. I'm very happy about that. Before they came, I had a pink house which looked disgusting. Now our house looks great.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2020

I had to have maintenance on my water softener system and someone named Derek called to let me know about a promotion that Home Makeover Systems was doing. I went with it but in the end, I felt like I was taken advantage of. The system that I had before was a Puronics system and it was a 13-year-old system, but it still worked. It just needed maintenance every year. But he claimed that I was spending between 220 and 225 for approximately 12 years and if you times that, that’s close to about three grand. He told me that with the system that they were selling, you don't have to do any maintenance. He also said that it would cost about three grand but I would have free maintenance and never have to worry about paying for anything again. So I said okay and I ended up buying a Brita system.

When he first started talking to me about the system, I did a quick research on the system myself. I am a consumer, so I needed to know what I was buying. A lot of people have been saying that the system does better but I was trying to compare it to the Puronics system and unfortunately, he claimed that the Puronics system was obsolete. But I found out it that it wasn't obsolete and all he wanted to do was sell me something. Last year, the only thing that I had fixed on that old system in about 13 years was the thing inside it that pumps the water. From time to time, the time clock needed a fix, but it was an analog. It had gears and eventually was going to wear out. But the system was fixed and it cost me about $120. The guy who normally repairs it that works from HMS also told me that there was nothing wrong with my old system and that he didn't understand why I sold it.

I told him there was this gentleman named Derek who called me and that he claimed that he was the vice president. But he said that Derek was not their vice president. He was just the salesperson and he sales pitched me something that didn't come through. That's not cool because he's claiming that he's someone for the company and the company is not validating for him. Aside from that, when he sold me the Brita system, he took my Puronics away, which I found kind of weird because I wondered why he would take my old system away. But he claimed that it was a trade-in for my system to bring down the cost. And now I'm stuck with this system because I can't get back my old one.

A couple of weeks after I got the Brita, Toho, my local company that does the utility company for water, asked if there was a reason why I was spending 16 to 17,000 gallons that month. They said that according to their records, I had an influx of water gallons going up. They gave me a rundown from Monday to Friday. On Monday, I may spend 200 gallons. On Tuesday, I may spend 300 gallons. Then on Wednesday, I may spend 1,500 gallons. I asked them how was that possible and they asked if I had been running the water or had anything out of the ordinary. But I told them that I was doing the normal things and there are only two adults and two kids here. Nothing had been running and we did our washing every three days, give or take. Our dishwasher ran at night, but it was just a quick run. I also checked all the stoppers in my toilets and everything was sealed.

Then, they asked if I had a pool and I said yes. They said maybe I filled it, but I didn't. I filled 16,000 gallons when I got the pool four years ago but I haven't filled it since because luckily, it rains a lot out here. In fact, I have to drain the pool because it had rained so much at the time. Then I thought that maybe it was this water softening machine. I called Toho and they came out. When they checked it, they could clearly see the usage history and it stated that some days I had 300, some days I had 400, then on a random Thursday, or every three or four days, I had an influx of 1,000 to 1,500 gallons. So they were telling me that it might be the system. They told me that they needed to troubleshoot to make sure it was the system and that they had to shut down the water softening system. So I had it shut down since Tuesday and now, the water sucks because I'm drinking the city water.

All in all, Derek blew smoke up my butt and I am not happy with the system that he sold me. We only have it for less than six weeks and it's already all haywire. It has its electronics and it is digital, but it also has its cons. This month, I had to pay $182 in water but my average is 85 bucks. It's ridiculous. When I asked Toho when the influx of water started, they told me it started back in the beginning of September. That was so funny because that was the time that I bought the system from this company. I am not going to say that the company is selling cheap products but right now, the company does have someone named Derek who's not honest and the machine that he sold me is a lemon.

At the moment, I'm waiting for tomorrow to call Toho and I know for a fact that Toho’s going to give me the good news that I'm only using somewhere between 200 and 300 gallons, and take it from there. The gentleman from Toho also told me that he had a problem once with his own system, that it was recycling consistently, so maybe that's what's also happening with mine or the settings were not put in correctly. The one who came to do the troubleshooting also told me that the problem is not with Toho, it's the machine. He promised me that he's not just going to get me a new piece to fix the computer, he wants to get me the whole head brand new. So we don't have to bother with that machine anymore. I'm counting on his word because I don't trust Derek and I don't count on his word.

Other than that, the gentleman who came to do the installation did a good job. But when he first started something, he broke my pipes. I told him that I knew that PVC is not supposed to last forever and that happens. But something happened where he was trying to turn something off and he didn't know that there was this much pressure in the house. I have good pressure in my house and he was telling me that he didn't expect this pressure to pop in. And it blew the pipe off.

We had to both help each other. Thank goodness I was there and I helped him shut the main valve off. The poor guy was drenched and I gave him some clothes to wear while we did what he had to do. I also cleaned and dried his clothes, and he was using my clothes while he was fixing the installation. At the end, everything came out right and I'm not going to complain about the way he did the PVC cutting. Unfortunately, he had no control over the pressure. But as a professional, he was good.

Still, I was dissatisfied with my overall experience with Home Makeover Systems and I would tell people that if they got the Puronics system, they should keep it. Home Makeover was great as far as the installing and maintenance, but their sales reps and their maintenance callbacks needs improvement. You have to call them and they don't call you. And I had to call them three times. The worst part is that they didn't call me back but they sent the maintenance guy and the maintenance guy was the one that called me. That sucked.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2020

We got a water softener from Home Makeover Systems and we love it. Every technician and person that we dealt with over the phone were pleasant and accommodating. We've been longtime customers with them and they always take care of us. Great product, water tastes great, feels great in the shower, and clothes come out great. I didn't think they could make a better system than what we had before, but they did. We're very pleased with our water, especially with Florida having one of the worst water in the country. I'm happy with it.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2020

I had a water softener before and what attracted me to Home Makeover System is that I didn't have to put salt every month in it. The installer did exactly what I wanted. My main water was in the front so he had to run pipes to the corner of the house. He did a good job. But on the financing, they need to be more clear on what is the entrance that you will need to be charged. I wanted to know the rate and the gentleman went around the bush and answered me a little bit differently than what I wanted to know. Other than that, the system is really good and I don't have to bother with it at all.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2020

I had a Home Makeover Systems water softener already in my home and I upgraded it. The installation was pretty simple. I had no bad experience and everything went smooth.

Home Makeover Systems response

We love hearing about our smooth transactions and happy customers. Thank you for taking the time to post about your experience. If we can assist you any further please feel free to call us at: 407-830-0107.

Original review: July 17, 2020

I was thinking about getting the house painted and Home Makeover Systems called me and I liked what they had to sell. They came in with the color wheel and the project manager came out and he had some samples with him. I got the paint job ClimaGuard and I wound up going with the blue color. The quality of the work was A-plus. The contractors knew what they were doing and they were punctual. They taped up everything that needed to be taped up and once they started painting, it went like a breeze. They had a lot of it done on the first day, but then the rain came and they couldn't finish. The guy felt he probably would have finished that day. They did a great job. I love the color and I've had a lot of compliments from my neighbors.

Home Makeover Systems Company Information