toll free

Central Florida
toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews

Home Makeover Systems called us on the telephone and we set up an appointment with them to come. We got the water purification and I like it very well. I'm drinking clean water for a change and I don't have to use so much soap when I take a shower or in my washer for my dishes. We liked having a good quality of clean water because I drink water right from the faucet all the time and I was worried about drinking impure water. The sales representative was a very nice young man and very informative and we liked him very well. The installation team was super nice too, and we didn't have a bit of trouble. He was very efficient and he hooked it up and dug the hole. They were very nice young men, cleaned up their mess, and very nice. We're very happy.

I received a few calls from Home Makeover Systems. It was a presenter from Puronics. I then made an appointment and he came out and did a demonstration. Since installation of the water system, my wife and I are very happy with it. I would definitely recommend the Puronics Water System.

Painting of house was completed in record time. Clean up after job completed was very poor. Paint splatters left on driveway & pavers. Garage door was left with a strip unpainted on both edges. White pane on front french doors is already peeling off & has only been 1 year. Paint for touch up was promised but not given.

I love my experience with Home Makeover Systems. Someone called me and I got their premier water purification system. It was an excellent interaction with the sales rep. I had no trouble with the installation team who came and the installation experience was perfect. I'm very, very pleased with this product and I've recommended it to others.

I'm very pleased with my new PURONICS TERMINATOR IQ Water Conditioner as installed by Home Makeover Systems in Longwood Florida. HMS provided everything that I was promised and they registered my system with PURONICS. My installation required extra persistence due to the large oak tree roots that surrounded my water lines and irrigation system back-flow prevention device. But, after much effort the system was installed and it's working great. Thank you Home Makeover Systems.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Makeover Systems?

We weren't real happy with our old system. It was all digitized and it was impossible to follow and you had no idea what you were doing. My wife was just tired of messing with the salt and the digital screen, she decided to go with Home Makeover Systems. The sales rep we worked with was good and our experience with the installation team was as smooth as silk. When I bought the original system with the salt deal, I no longer had soap scum in my shower. Now, I have tons of it. I still have lines and things in my toilet bowl that shouldn't be there. I expected it to be a little more clean around those areas. Despite that, I would recommend it to a friend.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Resolution response: Oct. 5, 2016

The company contacted me and has made everything right. They sent out Derrick to check out and service my existing equipment. He was very thorough and very personable. I am completely satisfied at this point. Miss communication can create bad feelings, and I am glad this was all rectified. Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2016

Made an appt., did not show. When I called, claimed that the person had been in an auto accident. Called to reschedule and spoke with Dustin. While at the bank, found that the company had run my credit report. Odd since they did not have my full legal name, but had my address, so looked up ownership and went from there. I called and complained. Called me back and said they would send me a $50 gift card for Carrabba's. Never got.

Home Makeover Systems contacted me and they had a demonstration. I love the water softener I purchased and the water tastes better. I feel safer and it works really, really well in every area. The sales representative was awesome. Then I was sent something wrong but the service department quickly corrected that and they sent the right stuff. The experiences have been very good and I’m very happy.

Home Makeover Systems called us and then my husband made an appointment ‘cause we wanted to hear what they had to say. The sales representative was wonderful, very thorough, and answered all of our questions. He basically sold us and we liked the idea, especially after the demonstration. We then bought a water purifier. The installation team was great, helpful and wonderful. We’re really big on our landscaping and we don’t want stuff to be just out in the open. He did everything we wanted him to do with the wires.

It’s a major difference in our quality of shower and our skin as well. It just amazes me and I couldn’t believe the difference. We love it. It was a great purchase for us. It’s so nice that we don't have to worry about our water because we always have to buy it here in Florida, and we don’t have to worry about our filter in our refrigerator anymore because we know our water is pure and clean. Even the products that we received like the laundry detergent and the body wash were all great. I used the laundry detergent for the first time yesterday. It's very concentrated and it worked really good on my laundry. You have to use very little in order to do a full load. It was great and I was impressed.

The water filtration system for the whole house from Home Makeover Systems has awesome quality. The sales representative was very professional, likable and agreeable. There was nothing HMS could’ve done differently. I would recommend them. I find them a little on the expensive side but if someone's willing to pay their price, then it’s great.

Home Makeover Systems contacted us via a card we filled out at a trade show. Their sales representative came to the house and did a small presentation. He expected to spend a lot more time with us but we didn’t allocate as much time as he wanted us to. We bought a water softener. The installation team came while we were not there but the installation was very quick. We had some doubts due to some negative reviews online but we didn't experience any. It’s much more positive than we expected and the quality has been good so far.

The people that came from Home Makeover Systems that I talked to were very nice, friendly and informative. I got the Puronics water system, and the sales rep was knowledgeable, helpful and made it fun to learn about it. The installer was also showed me step-by-step what he was doing. The product has made a difference in the water.

Factual basis uncertain

I purchased Puronics water purifier/softener from Home Makeover Systems for ** as the sales person and the product brochure claimed that purifier will - Soften the water - The food will taste better - Hair and skin will feel soft & silky - Better tasting beverages - Whole-home purified drinking water - Protects plumbing and appliances. After installation of this purifier we stopped buying water from the store and started drinking from the tap. The experience was water continue to - Smell bad - Tastes pathetic like it has never been purified - We see water spots everywhere - skin was getting dry like before. As the result of drinking water from tap my 5 year old daughter fell sick twice and our pediatrician confirmed that it is due to bacteria and the one of the source can be water. My father-in-law and mother-in-law complained that they are having unusual stomach gas and the water smells awful.

I was told that the water purifier machine has chip in it which automatically send notification to the technician if the water is not being purified. BTW, I paid extra for this feature. It certainly does not send any notification or else there was not needed for me to call them. However after multiple complaints the technician came twice to fix the unit however there was no progress at all. Even the technician from Home Makeover Systems confirmed that the quality of water is not good in my house. After I complained again about the health issues of my family members they came to collect the water sample, I was not provided with the result first time however received call from the company that they wanted to collect water one more time as first time they were not able to test it. Lab results of the second water sample was shared with me which said the water is fine. But we continue to face the same issues as highlighted above.

I complained again about the water problems and after multiple calls the owner of the distribution agency called me and blamed me that the problem is in my perception and I do not understand the function of H2O (water). After multiple arguments he became ready to send a senior manager from his company. The manager came after a week and tried to convince me that there is no problem in the water, it is supposed to be like this. After insisting he then tested the water in front of me for chlorine and sediments which failed 3 times (find the attached picture of the test). He wanted to send another technician to repair the water purifier or replace it. We are tired of technician trying to fix the problem. We are not ready to accept another system as my whole family is so scared to drink water from the tap that we have started to buy bottle water from store.

I am not happy with this purifier and above all we are is impacts the health of my family. The manager from Home Makeover System told me that he does not have the authority to take decision to return the money or take back the system hence he needs to make me talk to his boss. But it has been 3 weeks now and he has been telling me that his boss is not available to talk.

Looked into reviews of water treatment systems companies. Found some decent reviews of a few, one of them being Home Makeover Systems (HMS). Contacted all of them. After waiting a few weeks due to the cost of the systems and being undecided on which is the best for the least cost and least ongoing cost I received a call from Vito with Home makeover Systems. The PURONICS product they offer seemed good for the price he was offering though I could not locate much detailed info on the system (Terminator MP).

I asked for proof that the price was really discounted and he showed me a flyer with the normal price. After a few added perks, the limited lifetime warranty, the low maintenance costs (no salt to soften, just used to clean the device) and that HMS could provide support even though they are about 3 hours away, I decided to go ahead with the purchase. They came the next day as it was the end of the month (EOM) and Vito said the product had to be installed by EOM to be able to honor all the discounts and perks. This sounds like it could be typical salesperson tactics but nevertheless I did not want to put up with the horrible water at my home any longer. I ended up being informed that there is a medium (filter or something that needs to be replaced every 2-3 years) but that is expected with these systems.

The installer was good though a bit careless. He stepped on the salt container with his foot while running a 12v cable and was making it collapse. I mentioned in a nice manner that maybe that wasn't a good idea even though it appears there was no apparent damage to the plastic container. He apologized. He did not seem to want to place the device on the opposite side of the garage as it would be more work for he so we put it just inside the garage closest to the where the main water line comes into the house.

I'm not sure that is the best place as it makes the salt tank stick out a bit whereas if it was on the other side it would not. It should be ok though. I also noticed one hold in the garage wall was not caulked on the outside so it could be an entrance point for bugs, water. I just caulked it myself so no big deal. Right now I'm waiting for a water test to see how the treated water compares to the non-treated water as I thought I would have received that at the time of installation (only the hardness was tested), what exactly is removed from the water and the details of the warranty and maintenance so I contacted PURONICS directly. We are in a "you're it" right now with trying to reach a few PURONICS contacts, so we'll see. The "normal" price was $**. I received it for $**.

Home Makeover Systems called us as a result of our inquiry at the home show in Daytona Beach in the fall of 2015. I made an appointment for their rep to come out and talk to us. The rep was first class. We got the house painting package and it was excellent. We had to have some repair work on the soffits and the crew did a really good job. We don’t have any complaints. They went the extra mile to satisfy us. They made an adjustment in midstream because I was standing out in the driveway boohooing because I was unhappy with the trim color. My husband told me to call Ronald, the manager. Ronald listened to me and came out. We looked at some samples of what the new color might look like and changed it. They were very accommodating and I was happy. The quality of the service and product were great. We are perfectly satisfied.

We got a solicitation phone call from Home Makeover Systems. They weren't pushy at all, but were just offering to come and test my water, and if I let them do that, I got a $50 gift certificate to Outback restaurant. So I thought, "Hey, I can take the free dinner at Outback," never thinking that I would actually buy their water purification system, but my husband and I had already been talking about getting something similar to what they offered, and by the time they left, we had the water purification system. The quality of the items we bought was very good. The installation team were very professional and efficient and knew what they were doing. We're very happy with the service we've received and with the product. On the whole, Home Makeover Systems was very professional and offered a good product.

I am happy with everybody who was involved with Home Makeover Systems -- the sales rep, the workers, the carpenter, the painters, just everybody. They were excellent and very professional. Anytime I said, "Could you do this? What about that over there?", they just took care of everything. I got my house painted and I am very satisfied. As a matter of fact, I'm having my other house done by them.

I wanted to make sure I didn't have bad stuff in my water. Home Makeover Systems had a booth set up that was sponsored in Seminole County at Earth Day and they also offered a gift certificate to Publix. I got their Terminator system and I'm very happy. Their sales rep was wonderful. He was very professional and was a deciding factor of us buying. The installation team was also very good. They had put the system in where I had gardening/landscaping done and they went out and got some mulch to cover up the grounds that have been disturbed. The installation was very easy and done very well, and the water quality has vastly improved.

I was looking for a new water system for the house since I was not happy with the one that I had. I called Home Makeover Systems after looking online at reviews. I'm pleased with the system I got from them - it was expensive but good. The sales representative was a very nice and knowledgeable man. He wasn't pushy and instructed me about the system. The installer guy was a sweetheart. He pre-did some stuff but he had to sit in his car since it was almost pouring down rain. I invited him in until the rain stopped, then he went out and completed the installation. I'm very happy with the system and the people I dealt with.

We bought a water purification system and so far, it's good. The sales rep was excellent, engaging, and seemed to have a lot of faith in the product. We were very pleased with him. The person who put in the unit was perfect. We were very happy with the water system and with the service Home Makeover Systems provided.

Tina, the salesperson from Home Makeover Systems, was excellent. She's very knowledgeable about the product. She did very well in pointing out several things on the current water system that I had which helped me decide to get the new system and would alleviate most of the problems I had with my old system. I was not aware of the issue until they came and tested my water. We went out to look at the existing water filter system outside of the home and noticed that the tank, purchased six or seven years ago, was rotting and all the salt to filter the water had bugs, molds, and dirt that were being filtered back into the house.

I purchased the system on Friday night and they were able to come the next day and install the new water filtering system for the whole house. The installation went very well and the installation team was great. They actually showed me some of the pieces that were totally rotted and told me the quality of my water was probably pretty bad. The quality of the system is great and as well as the products that came with it - a year's supply of soaps, laundry detergent, dishwashing liquid, shampoo, body shampoo, soap.

The water system that I bought from Home Makeover Systems has a very good quality. The sales rep was also very good - I didn't feel pressured when I ordered the water system. Everything was done professionally.

I had my house painted by Home Makeover Systems and they did an excellent work on it. They handled the job very nicely. They also have a very good manager up there. He really works with his customers and explains everything from detail to detail. I really love that manager. He was really helpful to me and my husband. I said, “They ought to make you vice president.” And he said, “I like that.”

I purchased the water purifier from Home Makeover and the quality was excellent. I don’t have to buy water bottles and lotions anymore. The sales rep came and I was ready to say no, but he convinced me. The installers had to install it through the outside ‘cause that’s where the water pump was located. So I had to keep opening the door and let him in so he could do his job and drill the hole where it’s supposed to be. Overall, the team is awesome and everything is good with the products.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Resolution response: May 17, 2016

The company came today and put a new filter in our water softer. The person that come was very professional. Also, would like to say that the company sent me my gift card that I complained about them not doing.

I got a call from the customer service department and they made what the sales person said well. I would recommend Home Makeover Systems to anyone who needs the things they offer.

Home Makeover Systems

Thank you Mr. Zoellner. It was a pleasure to be of service to you. We appreciate your business and your review.

Original review: May 10, 2016

Do not take what the salesperson tells you. I'd get a $25 gift card to Publix and we did not get. We got another call from Home Makeover and I told them that we did not get our gift card to Publix and this person told me that is why he is calling and it will be send out to us. It has been over four months and we still have not received this card.

We have the water softener from Home Makeover Systems. The sales representative was great. He had another gentleman training him but he was good. He made us feel comfortable with the system. The guy who did installation did fine. The only thing that we wish we had was the user manual for the actual system because now we don't know what the screen means. We were left with nothing. We're getting to the point when we have lots of questions, like when to add more salt to the system or when to do it. But other than that, we're good. We're completely satisfied with the overall product.

The sales rep, Joe, was a really good and very nice man. He came to us and explained well about Home Makeover Systems and gave us a demonstration. That’s why we're able to get the water purifier. The installer was good too. We love the purifier and we use it especially in taking a bath. Our skins are soft. It's very nice. The only thing is it's expensive.

I had been considering a home filter system because we used a lot of bottled water and I wanted to stop using all of them, so I decided to get in contact with Home Makeover Systems. My initial contact with their sales rep has been good, and he was very informative. My system was very difficult to put in because of the way my line from the street ran and a big tree that I have out there. So the installation team ended up a lot more time out here than they had planned, but they were very professional and got it done. Then we kept having some gravel type stuff in our water, so I had to call them quite a few times and they were responsive. They came out and took care of the problem.

I had a good experience with Home Makeover Systems. I was doing some upgrading on my home and contacting them sounded like a good thing to do and I did it. I had a new air conditioner, insulation, and an attic fan put in. I also had the roof changed. I did everything I could possibly do to get ready for retirement. I haven't had any problems with the quality so far. The sales reps were all very friendly and helpful. The installers were good and I have no complaints with them. I recommend Home Makeover Systems to everybody else that wants to upgrade their home. It's a good way to do the work done.

We bought a new home and got the water purification system from Home Makeover. Their sales rep promised a lot of things it was supposed to do, like not have stains from hard water and not have algae buildup in my toilet, but it doesn't do any of those things. It's more water softener than a purification system, so it's way overpriced. From that standpoint, I'm not happy with the purifier. But the installation team hooked the system up properly, though. The only thing they didn't do was to leave me an owner's manual, but I finally got one from them.

Home Makeover Systems also put some insulation on my garage door which came loose. So I called them and they sent a tech out who reapplied it and so far, it's holding. Moreover, I have called them a couple of times as I had issues and one time, someone responded and said he was gonna do it, but then didn't. After that, I finally got ahold of the right person and the issues did get resolved. So overall, the service has been really good.

Home Makeover Systems Company Profile