4.40/5
Based on 276 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Central Florida

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Home Makeover Systems is proud to be a family owned and operated company. We have been providing quality products and services to Central Florida homeowners for over 30 years. We offer whole home water purification systems, attic insulation and a proprietary exterior home coating system formulated for Florida weather conditions. We look forward to providing your family and home with only the best products available.

Home Makeover Systems Gallery (1)
A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experienceDissatisfied with the experienceSatisfied with the experienceHappy with the experienceWould recommend to a friend
Last updated: March 23, 2018

297 Home Makeover Systems Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: March 23, 2018

We were in the process of looking for water purification system for our house, and Home Makeover Systems offered one. We liked the system itself very much. It was what we were really looking for. The sales rep was very good. But besides the system, he sold us a bunch of junk to go with it. We probably will not continue buying it because it was pure junk. We paid a lot of money for garbage. We'd recommend the system, we'd recommend the company but I would tell everybody right upfront not to buy the solutions, soaps and stuff that the guy was peddling because it's really not as good as everybody says it is.

Everybody has been great to work with. Their customer service gal, Tara, was absolutely phenomenal. We had a few issues and she worked very hard to get them off squared away, and made it come out right. The first six or seven months, we had the issue almost weekly. We got salt in our water and it turned out that it was missing a cog or some kind of a plug in the system that didn't allow it to cycle properly. We had several different technicians that came in and she was getting frustrated. She finally sent one guy that was absolutely topnotch, knowing the system. And when the guy came out, he found the missing item and he was absolutely fantastic. So far, it's been two months and we haven't had any issue. Tara is a great asset to that company. She worked very hard in making sure the customers are happy.

Overall, the salesman was a little pushy and tried to make it look like we were getting a really good discount if we went with the stuff when it was exactly alike. We looked at other companies that sell the same system and we could have bought the system for a couple of thousand dollars less. That was a bit downgrading. But Tara has really made the whole thing a lot more pleasurable.

Get expert buying tips about Water Treatment Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 12, 2018

I found Home Makeover Systems through the HomeAdvisor app and they have one of the best reviews. Fewer companies came and Home Makeover Systems was first. From the beginning, they're professional in how they present everything, go through the things, why it's important, and why it's not important. They put a time until our company agreed on the amount for the job and it's fine with them if we don't want what's given. They seemed knowledgeable and did the job the way they were supposed to. They don't speak English but they were nice and pleasant. I'm pleased with everything. I have a couple of issues with the driveway paint, but they responded quickly. Home Makeover Systems is quite expensive, if not, twice more than anyone else, but it's worth it and I will recommend them.

Original review: March 9, 2018

I had been wanting to have my house painted for years. But being alone, it was frustrating to just pick somebody out of nowhere. I looked for painters and Home Makeover Systems came up. I thought that was what I had been wanting for years but I never knew it existed. I got their ClimaGuard and it's very thick. Several of them that painted the house showed me the consistency. It looks great and I'm pleased with it. The marketing guy, Derek, also told me about what it does and what it doesn't do.

Derek was excellent, very enthusiastic about his job and caring. At first, it was a little awkward to have someone asking personal questions. I was just getting my house painted so why would they ask me what I do for a living? But as it went on, I felt better about it. I also talked to Ron from the paint team. He called because I was having a problem picking out the color. And he apologized. He said he always came out, but for some reason, he couldn't come out that time so they sent out another guy named Steven. He was very nice and his attitude was, "You can paint the house purple, for all I care. It's what you want." It was in a way nice, but purple is ugly.

It all turned out good in the end. Everybody was courteous and they let me know when they were coming. The crew that painted, cleaned up very well and they didn't leave a mess. The only thing was the fact that even though they sent one guy that spoke English on the first day, the guy that came said that he spoke very little English. That kept me feeling that I couldn't ask him questions because he didn't understand me. But Steven came out the next day and when I told him that, he said he understood. After that, I had someone that spoke fluent English. Otherwise, the work was done quickly and efficiently. I had an excellent experience.

Original review: March 3, 2018

I was looking for a water replacement device for the one I had and wound up getting the Trident from Home Makeover Systems. Their sales rep gave me a briefing about what the Trident did and what it should be doing in the future. That really got me to make the final decision to purchase it. If what he said was halfway true, then I'll be more than happy with it. During the installation, I talked to a gentleman for a little while. He was from New York and was really good at what he did. He wasn't here long enough to really talk to him but he got it done pretty quickly. The system has been okay so far.

Original review: March 1, 2018

We were looking to get our home painted and we priced out a couple of different options. We also needed stucco work done and we needed shutters taken down. The work was pretty extensive. I checked with different companies and Home Makeover Systems seemed to offer the best deal for what we needed to have done. The sales rep was pleasant, friendly and not pushy. He listened to what we needed and he made several suggestions about different things like what he felt we didn't need and those that we did need.

We had them do the entire paint job that included the front door and they painted the outside mailbox which was not priced out. They power washed our home then put three different coats on. And they fixed the stucco and they took all the shutters down and painted them separately. They did an excellent work and we were very happy. They were professional, they came when they said they're going to come, and they cleaned up after themselves.

They sent out a foreman because most of the men spoke only Portuguese and I just speak a little bit but not enough to have a conversation. The foreman was great. We had a minor issue where we saw a streak on the side of the house. When you're a homeowner, it's a big problem. I was spending all that money so I wanted it to be perfect. But when I spoke to the foreman, he told me to calm down. He came right out and told me that it was not a streak and that it just had to dry. And he was right. They left us extra paint too. They called a week later and made sure that we were happy with the work and that there were no issues. They signed off and it was good.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Makeover Systems?

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

ClimaGuard - This is a personal recommendation for the company representative, Judd **. Due to a change in direction of our remodel, we elected not to use a coating system or paint from any manufacturer of supplier, and are doing something else. However, time spent with the company representative was both enjoyable and educational as Judd is neither high-pressure nor the type to disappear on you later. If he calls on you, hear him out as he understands the importance of under-promising and over-delivering, following through, and the long term value of a client-consultant relationship.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

Very Pleased. Workers were friendly and responsive to questions. All done in a timely manner. Clean up was well done also. I regret that we did not know about HMS before we replaced our Culligan softener with a Rain Soft system. Interested party may come look at the finished job. I do not believe that we have received a written Warranty as of today.

No response received
Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

I have called numerous times to have the system looked at/repaired with no one ever showing up to even look at it. I had a representative of their company call me to ask me how I like the system 3 weeks ago, explained my experience and displeasure. She assured me someone would call but lo and behold no call. Hmmm...

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

The representative, Jeff **, was knowledgeable, answered all my questions to my understanding. Most importantly, he was not pushy or high pressure. The installer, Oscar **, was wonderful. Installation was quick, clean and professional. I am looking forward to the advantages and the savings of having the Defender water filtration system.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

We just bought our house at the end of July. We had various companies come and test our water and offer us a whole home water filtering system. We even had Home Depot tell us we were approved and that they would call me the next day for installation. They never called or even showed up. Mathew called me from Home Makeover Systems. Was very courteous and on time for his appt. They worked to get me approved and when he said they would call the next day they did and had my system in within a couple of days. All the products arrived as promised and the difference has been amazing. The customer service and following up has been awesome. All terms were explained clearly.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2017

Sunil is very knowledgeable in his job. He is a very nice and professional will never have anyone else work on my system!!! He taught me more about my system than the salesman that sold it to me. I am super happy with my system and Sunil. Thank you so much for all your help!

Original review: July 26, 2017

I've been a customer of theirs for quite a while now. I bought the silver insulation that goes in the top of the attic back in 2011. My experience with that has been good. My bills have been lower overall, especially in the summer, and my garage is much nicer. They did a bunch of stuff when they did the insulation like wrapping my water heater and my garage door. They also gave me some bulbs. I've been very pleased with it. Just a month ago they called me and asked if I'd be interested in looking at one of their water systems. I know the water is terrible in Florida so I said sure. They came out and did the water test and showed me the systems, and I bought the stainless steel one. It wasn't cheap but I'm glad I bought it. The water is night and day to what it was. It tastes 10 times better. It doesn't smell anymore. Very pleased.

Original review: July 13, 2017

The overall service from Home Makeover Systems was excellent. So happy with our new water. My hair is softer, my skin is smoother and everything in my house is much cleaner. I feel like my family is so much healthier showering with and drinking the purified water. Absolutely love our water system!

Original review: June 22, 2017

Home Makeover Systems did a wonderful job when they installed their water filtration system. The presentation was informative and professional - As well as interesting and fun! Brandon was very thorough explaining all of information, and was knowledgeable about the subject area. It's amazing how much of a difference having the new system to filter the water. Cleaning has never been easier!

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: May 16, 2017

My experience with Home Makeover Systems was the WORST I have endured in my lifetime, even exceeding the death of my dear mother, father and three brothers. Salesman Michael ** barged into our health care homestead with no appointment in a gated Community with clearly marked signage stating this is a No Solicitation/No trespassing neighborhood. He then proceeded to use deceptive phrases and high pressure to overcome my then near death wife and me with my dementia and ailing mind and body. He ended up selling a very overpriced, maybe 4 times its value, water system. Not wanting the system we can not return it as Home Makeover System refuses any contact we try to make with them. In conclusion salesman Michael ** downright lied about the circumstances of the sale just leaving us no choice but to initiate a lawsuit, and file a complaint with the Attorney General's office in Tallahassee.

Original review: April 1, 2017

We purchased our water filtration system from Home Makeover Systems. Its quality is 101%. Their installer was good. He talked us through it, and he told me what to do afterwards. We've already recommended it to friends and I tell everybody that it's worth it.

Original review: March 9, 2017

I'm very happy with Home Makeover Systems. I purchased water purification from them and the sales representatives were very good, knowledgeable and quick. I also got Home Makeover to deliver and set up the purification. They were concerned about where and how they were going to put it and they worked around with any problems that I had.

Original review: March 7, 2017

I have somebody from Home Makeover Systems come over. I got the water softener and he came out and did it which was what I wanted. I thought the installation team were coming on Monday but 20 minutes after the salesman left and they were there, which was really good. Also, they were very quick, nice, personable, friendly and they did an excellent job and I noticed the difference after getting the water system.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2017

I didn't like our water here. The bottom of my glasses didn't look clean, and I thought maybe there was something wrong with the water. I got a call from Home Makeover Systems and liked what I heard. I like the water purification system very much and should have gotten it sooner. It's a little easier to clean things up. However, I'm disappointed that there's no foam when I wash my dishes. I'm used to some suds and I thought it doesn't seem right, but the rep told me that there's not supposed to be any suds. I just have to get used to the product. I was very impressed with the rep because Home Makeover issues a gift certificate, which I lost mine, and she was so kind and understanding and sent me another one. She was very sweet and responded very well.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2016

Painting of house was completed in record time. Clean up after job completed was very poor. Paint splatters left on driveway & pavers. Garage door was left with a strip unpainted on both edges. White pane on front french doors is already peeling off & has only been 1 year. Paint for touch up was promised but not given.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2016

I love my experience with Home Makeover Systems. Someone called me and I got their premier water purification system. It was an excellent interaction with the sales rep. I had no trouble with the installation team who came and the installation experience was perfect. I'm very, very pleased with this product and I've recommended it to others.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2016

I'm very pleased with my new PURONICS TERMINATOR IQ Water Conditioner as installed by Home Makeover Systems in Longwood Florida. HMS provided everything that I was promised and they registered my system with PURONICS. My installation required extra persistence due to the large oak tree roots that surrounded my water lines and irrigation system back-flow prevention device. But, after much effort the system was installed and it's working great. Thank you Home Makeover Systems.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2016

We weren't real happy with our old system. It was all digitized and it was impossible to follow and you had no idea what you were doing. My wife was just tired of messing with the salt and the digital screen, she decided to go with Home Makeover Systems. The sales rep we worked with was good and our experience with the installation team was as smooth as silk. When I bought the original system with the salt deal, I no longer had soap scum in my shower. Now, I have tons of it. I still have lines and things in my toilet bowl that shouldn't be there. I expected it to be a little more clean around those areas. Despite that, I would recommend it to a friend.

Resolution response: Oct. 5, 2016

The company contacted me and has made everything right. They sent out Derrick to check out and service my existing equipment. He was very thorough and very personable. I am completely satisfied at this point. Miss communication can create bad feelings, and I am glad this was all rectified. Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2016

Made an appt., did not show. When I called, claimed that the person had been in an auto accident. Called to reschedule and spoke with Dustin. While at the bank, found that the company had run my credit report. Odd since they did not have my full legal name, but had my address, so looked up ownership and went from there. I called and complained. Called me back and said they would send me a $50 gift card for Carrabba's. Never got.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2016

Home Makeover Systems called us on the telephone and we set up an appointment with them to come. We got the water purification and I like it very well. I'm drinking clean water for a change and I don't have to use so much soap when I take a shower or in my washer for my dishes. We liked having a good quality of clean water because I drink water right from the faucet all the time and I was worried about drinking impure water. The sales representative was a very nice young man and very informative and we liked him very well. The installation team was super nice too, and we didn't have a bit of trouble. He was very efficient and he hooked it up and dug the hole. They were very nice young men, cleaned up their mess, and very nice. We're very happy.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2016

Home Makeover Systems contacted me and they had a demonstration. I love the water softener I purchased and the water tastes better. I feel safer and it works really, really well in every area. The sales representative was awesome. Then I was sent something wrong but the service department quickly corrected that and they sent the right stuff. The experiences have been very good and I’m very happy.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2016

Home Makeover Systems called us and then my husband made an appointment ‘cause we wanted to hear what they had to say. The sales representative was wonderful, very thorough, and answered all of our questions. He basically sold us and we liked the idea, especially after the demonstration. We then bought a water purifier. The installation team was great, helpful and wonderful. We’re really big on our landscaping and we don’t want stuff to be just out in the open. He did everything we wanted him to do with the wires.

It’s a major difference in our quality of shower and our skin as well. It just amazes me and I couldn’t believe the difference. We love it. It was a great purchase for us. It’s so nice that we don't have to worry about our water because we always have to buy it here in Florida, and we don’t have to worry about our filter in our refrigerator anymore because we know our water is pure and clean. Even the products that we received like the laundry detergent and the body wash were all great. I used the laundry detergent for the first time yesterday. It's very concentrated and it worked really good on my laundry. You have to use very little in order to do a full load. It was great and I was impressed.

Original review: July 16, 2016

The water filtration system for the whole house from Home Makeover Systems has awesome quality. The sales representative was very professional, likable and agreeable. There was nothing HMS could’ve done differently. I would recommend them. I find them a little on the expensive side but if someone's willing to pay their price, then it’s great.

Original review: July 13, 2016

Home Makeover Systems contacted us via a card we filled out at a trade show. Their sales representative came to the house and did a small presentation. He expected to spend a lot more time with us but we didn’t allocate as much time as he wanted us to. We bought a water softener. The installation team came while we were not there but the installation was very quick. We had some doubts due to some negative reviews online but we didn't experience any. It’s much more positive than we expected and the quality has been good so far.

Original review: July 12, 2016

The people that came from Home Makeover Systems that I talked to were very nice, friendly and informative. I got the Puronics water system, and the sales rep was knowledgeable, helpful and made it fun to learn about it. The installer was also showed me step-by-step what he was doing. The product has made a difference in the water.

Home Makeover Systems Company Information