Call toll free
4.39/5

Central Florida

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Home Makeover Systems is proud to be a family owned and operated company. We have been providing quality products and services to Central Florida homeowners for over 30 years. We offer whole home water purification systems, attic insulation and a proprietary exterior home coating system formulated for Florida weather conditions. We look forward to providing your family and home with only the best products available.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

326 Home Makeover Systems Consumer Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

I was given three different companies to look into and get quotes from. Home Makeover was one of them and the reps were fine. They came out and did a quote for the whole system. However, it was a hard sell group. There were two men that came first and they wanted us to choose right then, which we finally did, and chose them even though we had another company that was coming to quote the project. Home Makeover said it was only good if we took them then. I wasn’t pleased about them forcing us to make an instant decision.

We had some Hardie board siding put on our porch and some of the rest of the house replacing vinyl siding, which we had previously. And then, Home Makeover did the paintwork on the new siding and put another coat on our fake bricks, which is a stucco finish on the exterior of our house. We're really happy with what they did. It was overpriced but they did an excellent job. They did it in just a few days. They had a group of four or five workers and they showed up every day and kept working until it was completed.

Get expert buying tips about Water Treatment Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

The house hasn’t been painted in 20 years and there was no kind of maintenance done on it. I had three people come to give me estimates and their quality of work. A lot of what the people were talking about were not what I was looking for. Putting the maintenance work in, the others' whole price was different compared to Home Makeover Systems'. Their customer service was the best. The sales guy who came out and the engineer who conducted the close other than the HOA community, conducted everything to get the color because the color that I picked out wasn’t approved by the HOA. They went above and beyond and took care of that for me while I wasn’t here. They made sure they did what they had to do to get the job started and completed, and I appreciated that.

They painted the whole house. The exterior door shipped away because I have a pool. The outside had a little molding that they had set up and they said that it's completely waterproof. It took them two days to complete it and I got here the last day when they completed it. The house looks like a house now with the work that they gave me. When people passed by and asked me who I used, I recommended Home Makeover Systems.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

I needed the house pressure-washed and then I was looking for a painter and found Home Makeover. The sales rep who came was very professional and presented the program. He explained the system and how it worked. He said not to worry about having anything pressure washed because they would move everything away from the house first. I liked what I heard so I went for it.

The guy that did all the pressure washing have the Home Makeover shirt on. He was running the crew but he was very professional. I told him I have a dish that I don't use anymore and asked if he wants to take that off the house. The other guys came and painted, while he took me around so I could see everything. And then he yelled at them, "Fix that," for the area where they had taken the dish off the side of the house. I didn't notice that but he did. He made them repatch the hole and repaint. When he didn't like what they've done, he made them come back and do it again before they ever got away. He showed me the paints for the different areas of the house and then he saw all of the papers I had stacked against the wall. He said, "I'll have a crew that could do this, but they'll take their time. I'm just gonna move it." He moved them all on a Saturday and there were like 70 of them. I'm pleased with their work. It looks really nice.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

Home Makeover Systems was fantastic. I called them on the phone and their rep and I hit it off. We talked about 30 minutes. I got the painting system where they did the touch around in my house and sealed the foundation. And then they painted it with the special sort of paint that got the 30-year warranty on it. The only issue was the front door that they put in wouldn't lock. But they came back and fixed it in a timely manner.

Also during that process, they were supposed to put in a steel door and I still don't know whether it is a steel door or wood because I'm told when I did the research that with metals doors or some of them, the metal is on the inside of the wood. From what I see I see wood but it's okay. The work was fantastic and the people that did the painting and everything else were great. They were nice and very professional. They painted something that they shouldn't have but other than that the house looks very good. Also with a 30-year warranty, if anything goes wrong, they will come back and fix it for free.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

Home Makeover Systems called me. The salesperson that came to my house originally was very personable. He sat there and talked and explained everything. So I understood what was going on. He was very good at what he did. I was given an estimate which was high but I understood when they explained everything that they were doing. My house had several big cracks in it because it was settling, and with the guarantee that they give you and with the way the house cracks so much, that would be a good thing to have.

Also if I sell the house tomorrow, I can transfer the warranty to the next owner of the home which was a good thing. They painted the outside of my house and they did a good job. They could have been a little bit more careful around the plants. One of the people from marketing that was there, I showed him the different plants and he apologized. They also killed a strip of the grass out there where they washed everything up, but I just threw some seed on it and that helped.

There were two guys and they worked hard. They were praying to gods of the rain whenever they could because that's the worst part about summertime here. They took care of the job and they worked as a team. Everyone that I've worked with at Home Makeover was very accommodating. The manager of the whole thing, who was the one who arranged to have the people come and do the job, was also very good. The people on the phone when I called was supposed to have a meeting with someone and I had to change it, and they were very nice. I've had a good experience all the way around with them. I had a friend who said if she just haven't had her house painted, she would have had these people come and do hers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Makeover Systems?

Original review: May 12, 2019

My mother has a water filtration system, and I was looking for one. At first, I got that. Then I was looking for a home makeover system, but the company that did the water filtration system was no longer in service. So I looked for another service to do that and found Home Makeover Systems. I looked up their record, and they looked pretty good. Their reps were really very nice and professional. The crew that came out to do the service was also very professional and did a very nice job. They came out and cleaned the house. They did the pressure washing and fixed several places where the wood was rotted. They replaced the door jamb at the back. They did the base coating, the pressure coating and the texture coating on the house, and it turned pretty well.

Original review: May 11, 2019

I got a telephone call about Home Makeover Systems. When I first answered the call, I was kind of misled. Eventually, they painted our house. They came, prepped, repaired and cleaned the house. They applied this special paint that they had warrantied for 20 years. The paint job itself was pretty good other than painting a few things that shouldn't have been painted down like outlets. But I was really happy with the paint job they did.

Original review: April 23, 2019

Home Makeover Systems came and presented to us. And we liked their product and decided to go with them. We had our home painted and the quality is wonderful. It looks great. We dealt with a good and very informative sales rep from Home Makeover Systems. The installers were very busy. They came the first day and did all the power washing, and they painted and sealed the brink and everything the following day. They completed the job in a timely and professional manner. They were very neat in getting the job done. Overall, the experience was great. They did a great job and we’re happy with it.

Original review: April 20, 2019

We got the high-end 30-year warranty exterior, 20-mil treatment from Home Makeover Systems. So far, I'm happy with the quality and appearance. However, I don't know if it's gonna last 30 years. My hesitation is because they called us and threw a 'take it now or leave it' option. They told us that they could only offer the deal to us one time. We didn't have time to do our homework and compare prices. I've since heard through other channels that they own the product, in spite of the fact they led me to believe that they manufacture and own the product. And so, if I need to cash in on the warranty in 10 to 20 years, they may not even be there to back it up. It's not their product. They may have moved on to something else. I felt I got taken price-wise.

While the paint crew was nice and did a good job, I raised one question but I never got it verified. By the time they went, they had already put the second coat on. That first coat is their secret sauce that seals everything in and they didn't get everything covered. It's a clear coat, so it's not colored, it's not obvious. But if you get it in the right lights and you look at the old paint, you can say, "That's still chalky here where they should've coated that." I pointed that out to the foreman.

He said they were gonna cover it all the second time. Next time I looked, it was covered with the pigmented primer. So I have no idea if they put that clear coat on underneath. I now have to wait for 10 - 30 years to see if it starts flaking off in places where that first coat should have sealed it. The foreman should have pointed it out to me because I pointed out to him the places they missed. Next time I looked, he had covered it up with other paint. He should've covered it with a clear coat and showed it to me before they went forward with the primer.

Overall, Home Makeover's sales practices leave a bad taste in the mouth and people who are considering making a purchase with them should do some competitive shopping first. But I am not dissatisfied. I am wary. While I have nothing concrete to say bad about them, they left me with several concerns at a very high price.

Original review: April 12, 2019

Home Makeover Systems offered to come over and test the water. The salesman tested the water and told us how much chlorine we had in the water. So we decided to go ahead with the water conditioner. But there's no difference with our water than before. We've wanted to get rid of the water conditioner, but Home Makeover won't come take it back. The salesman that sold it to us said they would take it out any time. All we had to do was call them and they would come take it out. We've tried to shut them off at the banks and tried to call them and talk to them. They told me that they would get the right person and have him call me back. But we have never heard from him.

Home Makeover Systems Company Information