Central Florida

Author picture
Written by Lorraine Roberte
Edited by Shawn Richardson

About Home Makeover Systems

Home Makeover Systems is a home improvement company offering interior and exterior renovation services. It provides comprehensive solutions to residents of central Florida, from water system installation to exterior painting to innovative, protective coatings. The company’s in-house paint brand, ClimaGuard, tackles the wear and tear caused by Florida’s unique climate. Home Makeover Systems promises a 30-year warranty on its services.

Pros

• 30-year warranty on exterior services
  • Brita PRO authorized dealer
  • Climate-proof exterior paint

Cons

• Only available in Florida

Bottom Line

Home Makeover Systems offers exterior paint services and water softener installation in central Florida. The company offers comprehensive exterior protection from Florida’s climate and a 30-year warranty on its services.

Top Home Makeover Systems Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

Since having our Brita Pro system, the water taste is different and also there is no hardness anymore. I can feel the softness of it. The smell is also gone. As far as the company...

Verified

... they got it done in record time. The Brita Water Softener is wonderful. I love it. I got it because I have some skin issues and already, I can see the moisture is back because...

What is Home Makeover Systems?

Home Makeover Systems provides water filtration systems and exterior paint services to homeowners in central Florida. Whether you’re looking to improve your home’s water quality or protect its exterior from weather damage, Home Makeover Systems has comprehensive solutions to fit your needs.

If you need long-lasting protection for your home’s exterior, try Home Makeover Systems’ painting and coating solutions. Its layered coating system, ClimaGuard, was designed to withstand Florida’s intense climate, including heat, humidity, storms and wind that cause your exterior paint to chip, crack and stain.

ClimaGuard:

• Prevents moisture
  • Reflects the sun’s heat
  • Controls severe temperature changes within your home.

Home Makeover Systems’ exterior paint service comes with a 30-year warranty.

You can also take advantage of the company’s comprehensive water softening services. The team specializes in a variety of water systems, all customized to your household needs. They include:

• Advanced water softening: This intuitive technology ensures your home’s entire water supply is safe, clean and pure.
  • Filtration water softening: This adds a carbon filtration system that reduces chloramine while softening your water.
  • Iron filtration water softening: This combines traditional water softening with iron and manganese removal.

Home Makeover Systems is an authorized Brita PRO Dealer. Its water filtration products are low-maintenance and come with a lifetime warranty.

How does Home Makeover Systems work?

It’s easy to get started with Home Makeover Systems. You can call to schedule a free in-home consultation or fill out an online form. You should be able to get a price estimate right away.

If you’re interested in exterior painting services, Home Makeover Systems offers two advanced coating systems:

• ClimaGuard Elite: This three-layer coating system includes a bond layer, primer layer and cooling layer to reflect the sun’s heat. It’s available in several different colors.
  • ClimaGuard Pro: This standard two-layer coating system includes a primer and color layer. It doesn’t offer as much climate protection, but it is more budget-friendly.

Each coating starts with a multistep comprehensive preparation process, during which a home coating specialist:

• Evaluates your site
  • Protects areas that don’t need to be coated
  • Cleans surface paint to get rid of mildew and dirt
  • Pressure washes the entire house
  • Bridges, fills and seals any wall cracks
  • Applies all relevant coats

If you opt for a Brita PRO water softening system, you can choose from up to six available tank sizes. In the first few weeks, these systems create a profile of your household’s water usage and set aside just enough soft water to meet your daily needs.

You can check out some of Home Makeover Systems’ past projects online to get an idea of the quality of its work.

How much does Home Makeover Systems cost?

To learn more about Home Makeover Systems’ costs, you can contact the company for a free consultation and instant estimate. Your quote will depend on the size of your home and the advanced coating system you choose, or the tank size you need for water softening. The company states that it has financing options available.

Home Makeover Systems FAQ

Where is Home Makeover Systems available?

Home Makeover Systems is available in cities across central Florida, including:

• Union Park
  • Winter Garden
  • Winter Park
  • Winter Springs
What services does Home Makeover Systems offer?

Home Makeover Systems offers home water systems, exterior paint and innovative coatings in central Florida.

Does Home Makeover Services offer a warranty?

Home Makeover Systems guarantees a 30-year warranty on its exterior house painting services, but it does not specify any refund policy. Its water filtration products come with a lifetime warranty.

Are Home Makeover Services’ contractors good?

Home Makeover Systems contractors undergo in-depth background checks and contractor certification, according to the company. You can verify a contractor’s license online with the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation.

Is Home Makeover Systems worth it?

Home Makeover Systems has over 35 years of experience with Florida home improvement. It’s a good option if you want to protect your home’s exterior from Florida’s unique climate issues, like intense storms and humidity. Its home exterior services come with a 30-year warranty, and its water filtration systems come with a lifetime warranty—so you’re guaranteed long-lasting protection. You can contact Home Makeover Systems for a free consultation and quote.

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Makeover Systems?

Original review: May 31, 2022

Home Makeover Systems was offering a free $50 gift card if we did an appointment. They came and did their presentation. It's not just a standard water purification system. It’s a little bit better electronics and a little bit better of a system as far as how it filters the water. You can't get from Home Depot or Lowe's because it's the top-of-the-line and this thing’s warrantied for life. In five years, they have to come out and replace something. It costs $120. After then, it's another five years again before you have to do any kind of maintenance. Another thing that got me was this company specifically said, “If you move, we'll come out to your house, unhook it, and rehook it to your new house, free of charge." They were great from start to finish, and even to the point that we had to stop them. We had to say, “We're already sold. You don't have to do any more selling."

We didn't want to be buying a bag of salt every two weeks with them. They were saying four or five bags a year tops, depending upon how much water we use. We've had it for almost two months, and we haven't went through a bag yet. But right now, we're having an issue that they need to come out and fix. When they installed the system, something wasn't cooperating. It's not 100% working correctly. The day after they put it in, you can feel how soft the water is but my water is back to being hard now. But what they've done so far has been pretty phenomenal. They got it installed quickly. They stayed on me whenever there was a problem with the financing. They sent me a DocuSign then they had to send one to my wife as well.

Get buying tips about Home Improvement Contractors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2022

The sales rep was amazing, very personable and informative. It was evening time and we have a big family so we had a lot going on, and he was very considerate of that. The installation tech was great. He left a lot of information for me on how to maintain and assisted me in moving some stuff out the way as well. So, that was good. Our water was hard on the skin. I have eczema so you can tell immediately. It becomes very irritable but now that I have Home Makeover’s system installed, my skin is not triggered as much. My wife says she loves it with her hair. Also, we enjoy being able to drink from any faucet in the house and feeling rest assured that our water is good. It’s amazing with food as well. Surprisingly, it helps with the taste. I wish the system was something we could offer to everybody, because it's definitely needed. A lot of people don't understand it.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2021

Home Makeover Systems was knowledgeable and very pleasant. They stopped by unexpectedly. After our conversation, we went ahead and scheduled a service later on that evening. Ty came over and he was very knowledgeable and thorough. I appreciated him taking the time to demonstrate everything, because it put it in perspective. I was immediately sold.

The system has been great. I'm happy with the service and the effect it has had since then. I'm a tea drinker. The purest it gets outside of just water itself. I was already using a filter system to purify water. But between the taste of my tea and how the water feels and the moisture of my skin after my showers, there's a difference there. Also, I've been noticing the effect that it has in my sink. That was one of the biggest reasons why I moved forward with that, and the internal health. The sink gave it a nice visual presentation on exactly what is happening.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2021

The sales up was very pleasant and with great presentation. The first issue we had was that they installed the Brita water softener somewhere we didn't agree on. So they had to come back and reinstall it somewhere else the next day, which still wasn't where I wanted it, but it'll do. In the rep's presentation, he said that we would no longer have to squeegee our glass doors in both our bathrooms and we're still doing it because it's still staining the glass.

Also, he said for five years, we’re gonna get these products and that we wouldn't have to buy any more cleaning solutions to clean the house or clothing or bathe with. And in our spring cleaning, the supplies he gave really don't do it for us and we have to continue buying cleaning solutions. Both things were misleading. Additionally, I haven't seen a real big improvement in having a Brita system. I would like the sales guy to come back and test the water now with the system and see if I still get the same results. And if I don't get them, then okay, the system's working. But if I do then my system really didn’t do anything for me.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2021

Home Makeover Systems was awesome. I already knew that I wanted a system. I just didn't know who I wanted because I had a previous system and I wasn't happy with service or anything with them. I went on Angie's List where I found Home Makeover Systems. I called and the guy that I spoke to was very helpful over the phone. He said, “Let me call my salesman and see when he could come there.” This was all done Tuesday morning. Tuesday evening, Phil came to my house. I had him test my water. I know that the water sucks down here so it’s not even an issue. He told me about their system. I was familiar with the Brita system from having the Brita one that they sell in the stores. He explained to me about their professional system and how that works. He said, “Would you like it installed tomorrow?” That was Wednesday. I said, “Not Wednesday. How about Thursday?”

He said, “Let me text my service guy.” He did, and we scheduled it for Thursday. The gentleman that came was Jay. I probably couldn't find a better person in doing what he did. He was awesome, explained every step of the way and what he was doing. He had to dig dirt, rocks and run electricals. When he got done, I was so impressed. Once a year for five years, they'll send us products like soap and body wash. A box came last week and because I paid cash, I got even a nicer discount. So, it was worth it. There's a lifetime warranty on it, too, which is nice.

Original review: July 8, 2022

The condition of our water has improved dramatically. Awesome water system. Thank you Matt for informing us about the Pro Platinum system. Our drink water has never tasted better. We really enjoy the system. I highly recommend Home Makeover's products and services.

Home Makeover Systems response

Hello James,

Thank you for the kind words we are happy you love our system as much as we do!

Original review: July 8, 2022

While the installation went very well. Matt has not completed the soap scent selection documentation nor have I received the system manual and written warranty. Matt has missed several appointments to get this finished up (to include yesterday 07/07/2022). Service after the sale is in question.

Original review: June 22, 2022

One of the carrots on the end of the stick is Home Makeover Systems would mail me all these great products that work best with the Brita PRO water softener. The system is fine, and I got good water. But the individual didn't follow through with promises made on the additional things that makes it more luring to buy the product. Because they're very expensive.

I've called the 407-830-8396 local numbers for service call. I left messages and got no return calls. So, I cannot contact the seller, installer or anyone. And I've left messages everywhere, “Please call me to let me know that you actually exist and that I just didn't get ripped off.” Because there's a lot of support that goes with the $7,000+ system. And I feel I got something sold to me and they just ran away, and that all these people do not exist, that they just found a system on the side of the road and started to act like Brita PRO people, installed it and ran away. They didn't back up all the stuff they said, “Oh, we're gonna service and we're going to contact you and see how things are working out for you and making sure the products we're going to send you to amplify the use of this product.” It was a spiel, for sure. Now, I feel less educated with my bachelor's degree. I thought I was a smart dude, but they're smarter.

Original review: June 15, 2022

Terrence, the guy who came to our house, knocked on our door and told us about the Brita system. We set an appointment with him, and he showed us the difference of the water that's coming out of the Brita and our tap water. He convinced us, so now we have it and our water is softer. Plus, it's less harsher on the skin. I would tell people to check out Home Makeover Systems and see if they like it, 'cause it made a difference.

Original review: June 8, 2022

The installer and I talked a bit, and he explained to me how the Brita water softener works. I had a schedule for the Home Makeover Systems rep to come back after I got my soap on Friday. He was supposed to come test it again after everything was installed to make sure everything was running good. But he never showed up. Everything else was good. I feel good about the quality.

Home Makeover Systems Company Information