Call toll free
4.41/5
Based on 284 reviews that contain star ratings

Central Florida

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Home Makeover Systems is proud to be a family owned and operated company. We have been providing quality products and services to Central Florida homeowners for over 30 years. We offer whole home water purification systems, attic insulation and a proprietary exterior home coating system formulated for Florida weather conditions. We look forward to providing your family and home with only the best products available.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

305 Home Makeover Systems Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

We went to HomeAdvisor and said that we were interested in having our home painted. A gentleman called from Home Makeover Systems and came out. The job was 100% fantastic even though I did not have a punch list. We love it. Then if I called someone, if they weren't available, they called me back within minutes. Between the customer service rep, Ronald, the crew, they really made me feel like I was their only client. That was how quickly their response time was. I wish every company that I dealt with operated like they did. They were impeccable. If they could give some lessons in customer service, some companies could succeed dramatically by their help. They did everything particularly well and were like the Golden Globe of customer service. It was an incredible experience and I would refer them to anyone.

Get expert buying tips about Water Treatment Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

Home Makeover Systems was the only painting company that HomeAdvisor.com was referring so I looked them up online and looked at their products. It looked very impressive so I contacted them and set up an appointment. I had them do a ClimaGuard and it was excellent. The whole process was more than just a paint job so we were quite pleased with it. Plus, they were very good with customer service. We had to go through our HOA to get approval for the colors and the person who was in-charge of the painting aspect of the company had to come out five times to put up paint samples for our HOA to look at. At one point, Home Makeover had a young man out by the name of James and he had to paint the sample in the rain so that we could get it up for the HOA to look at. Once HOA gave us approval for the color scheme which took 12 weeks, Home Makeover came out and did the whole job in two days.

We had to take out a home equity loan to do it and I was telling the loan officer about it. She said she wished she had spoken to me two weeks earlier because she just had her house painted and this sounded so much better. In the end, they make sure that you’re satisfied and happy with everything that they did. Also, the product comes with a 30-year guarantee which was what really sold us on it. It was the fact that it's guaranteed if it peels, chips, fades, discolors, if it gets mold or mildew on it. If I let them know, they will come back and fix it. It's also transferable so if we're gonna sell the house, that's a selling point to get to the new owner.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

We're getting older and we're tired of doing things ourselves. We had Home Makeover Systems paint the whole outside and it was a very pleasant experience. The sales rep came out and he was pleasant and very knowledgeable. He also wasn't pushy. Also, the team that came did an excellent job. I'd never seen people that worked in such a clean and good rate. They did not take a break and they got the job done all in one day. After they were done, they asked me to walk around and look, and it was perfect. There were no runs, no overspray. Everything was wonderful and we never have to paint again. I have several friends who are interested in having it done because they don't want to paint their houses either.

Original review: July 22, 2018

Home Makeover Systems was good. I was delightfully pleased and I would use the company again. We had the house painted and I like everything about it. I love the color and how the paint's not really shiny. They also did everything they said they were gonna do and it came out beautiful. The sales rep had been very informative and patient as well. He answered a lot of questions. My husband had gone online and investigated painting vinyl siding before the sales rep had ever come so we knew if what he was saying was true and it was.

When I talked to the workers, they were also very willing to try and satisfy us. If we had any issue, we discussed it with them and they fixed it. They had replaced some pieces of vinyl and two sides of the wall of the garage and they were supposed to be painted the same as the garage and the house. But they thought we wanted them white so they didn’t paint them. But when I explained they were supposed to be painted, they came right back and did them and they matched up perfectly. I also like that they kept us informed as they went. The job didn’t take as long as I thought it would either. Plus they cleaned up. They put back anything that they moved and when they were gone, you would have never known they were here, which was great. It was overall a good experience.

Original review: July 19, 2018

We had a good experience with the external paint job on our home. Workers were here at appointed time and completed the job in a timely manner. Within a few months the paint on the metal front doors (which face east and get extremely hot during the summer months) began to bubble up in various areas on the doors. We contacted Home Makeover Systems and after a very extended time they came and repaired the paint on the doors. The paint job lasted for approximately one year.

This summer. When it got outside, the paint bubbled once again! We got in touch with the company again and were told someone would reach out to us and make an appt to come to our home and try a new approach in order to solve the problem. No one got back to us, so we continued to call the office and were given the same answer. It's been over a month and still no one has called. In other words, NO FOLLOW UP! This is the first review I have ever written because we are reasonable people, but for the amount of $ we spent for this paint job, we expected better service. Very disappointed and not sure where to turn to.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Makeover Systems?

Original review: July 4, 2018

The sales presentation was good and we haggled over the price. The salesman spent a lot of time and did all right. Home Makeover Systems painted our house and the pool deck, and the workers were excellent. They showed up on time and worked at it until it was done. There were touch-ups that we asked them to do and they did a nice job without griping. I was very satisfied and I'd recommend them to a friend.

Original review: June 24, 2018

I looked into what Home Makeover Systems did and the type of paint jobs that they do. I was looking for something that was exactly what they had on their 30-year warranty. Also, the type of paint that they use is a lot different than most other paints. It was more durable and so that's what I went for. I got an outside paint job for my whole house. Working with their sales representatives went really well. However, we didn't expect the price to be as high as it was at first because I didn't know what I was getting into. Still the company was able to work with me on that given that it's the first time I'm working with them and a few other factors that they talked to me about. Their reps were really good about helping me out with the price.

The quality of the paint job is the best I've ever seen. The painters were really awesome. To contrast, the previous paint job was really horrible and shoddy. It was a lot of work for their painters to remove the excess older paint and all the stuff the previous homeowner did to the house that was wrong. Their painters had to spend an extra day on site because of that problem. Still, they were really good about it. Their attention to detail while they were painting the house was phenomenal. They cleaned very well and I didn't have to pick up any trash. I'm definitely going to be using this company in the future for any stuff that I have to do around the house. Working with them was seamless and perfect.

Original review: June 23, 2018

We were about to go out this winter and paint the house but my husband is an amputee so it was gonna be quite an ordeal for us. Home Makeover Systems contacted us by phone then a salesman came over and was very thorough. He explained everything that they do and the process they use. We liked the fact that the materials and the people who do the work are not farmed out to anybody. It's wholly owned by them and that was a good point. We also liked the fact that it was guaranteed for 30 years and since we just had a new roof put on, it solidified the external part of the house. The price was also less than what we expected and I thought it was a good deal.

The foreman at the job came out, met with us, looked over everything and told us when the fellas would show up. They came that very day and I thought it was gonna take all week. But they came on a Monday and were finished by Wednesday night. So it was faster than what I expected. They also kept coming in to make sure which colors went where and to double check everything so that they weren't doing anything incorrectly. The two fellas were respectful, hardworking guys and they never bothered us for anything. I offered a few things but they had all their own stuff. One spoke English very well and I think the other one could understand but wasn't as versed as the first fellow. But the first fellow would always translate to the other to make sure he knew what was going on. They were neat, clean and efficient. They did a very nice job and it was even hot outside so they did really well.

We had the exterior of the house done with their better product, out of the two different ones they had. All the soffits and gutters were done to match. There was one little light in the back that wasn't part of the front of the house but the fella came and painted that for me too to make everything uniform. It was one entire finished product. Nothing was left that we had to do ourselves and the house came out very nicely. It looks brand new.

It was a seamless transaction from beginning to end. It was very favorable from the salesperson to the foreman to the fellas who actually did the work. There wasn't anything that Home Makeover Systems didn't come through on. Now we have to see about the 30 years down the road. Anybody can make a promise but you gotta be around. But they've been around for quite a while, just not so much in my area.

Original review: March 23, 2018

We were in the process of looking for water purification system for our house, and Home Makeover Systems offered one. We liked the system itself very much. It was what we were really looking for. The sales rep was very good. But besides the system, he sold us a bunch of junk to go with it. We probably will not continue buying it because it was pure junk. We paid a lot of money for garbage. We'd recommend the system, we'd recommend the company but I would tell everybody right upfront not to buy the solutions, soaps and stuff that the guy was peddling because it's really not as good as everybody says it is.

Everybody has been great to work with. Their customer service gal, Tara, was absolutely phenomenal. We had a few issues and she worked very hard to get them off squared away, and made it come out right. The first six or seven months, we had the issue almost weekly. We got salt in our water and it turned out that it was missing a cog or some kind of a plug in the system that didn't allow it to cycle properly. We had several different technicians that came in and she was getting frustrated. She finally sent one guy that was absolutely topnotch, knowing the system. And when the guy came out, he found the missing item and he was absolutely fantastic. So far, it's been two months and we haven't had any issue. Tara is a great asset to that company. She worked very hard in making sure the customers are happy.

Overall, the salesman was a little pushy and tried to make it look like we were getting a really good discount if we went with the stuff when it was exactly alike. We looked at other companies that sell the same system and we could have bought the system for a couple of thousand dollars less. That was a bit downgrading. But Tara has really made the whole thing a lot more pleasurable.

Original review: March 12, 2018

I found Home Makeover Systems through the HomeAdvisor app and they have one of the best reviews. Fewer companies came and Home Makeover Systems was first. From the beginning, they're professional in how they present everything, go through the things, why it's important, and why it's not important. They put a time until our company agreed on the amount for the job and it's fine with them if we don't want what's given. They seemed knowledgeable and did the job the way they were supposed to. They don't speak English but they were nice and pleasant. I'm pleased with everything. I have a couple of issues with the driveway paint, but they responded quickly. Home Makeover Systems is quite expensive, if not, twice more than anyone else, but it's worth it and I will recommend them.

Original review: March 9, 2018

I had been wanting to have my house painted for years. But being alone, it was frustrating to just pick somebody out of nowhere. I looked for painters and Home Makeover Systems came up. I thought that was what I had been wanting for years but I never knew it existed. I got their ClimaGuard and it's very thick. Several of them that painted the house showed me the consistency. It looks great and I'm pleased with it. The marketing guy, Derek, also told me about what it does and what it doesn't do.

Derek was excellent, very enthusiastic about his job and caring. At first, it was a little awkward to have someone asking personal questions. I was just getting my house painted so why would they ask me what I do for a living? But as it went on, I felt better about it. I also talked to Ron from the paint team. He called because I was having a problem picking out the color. And he apologized. He said he always came out, but for some reason, he couldn't come out that time so they sent out another guy named Steven. He was very nice and his attitude was, "You can paint the house purple, for all I care. It's what you want." It was in a way nice, but purple is ugly.

It all turned out good in the end. Everybody was courteous and they let me know when they were coming. The crew that painted, cleaned up very well and they didn't leave a mess. The only thing was the fact that even though they sent one guy that spoke English on the first day, the guy that came said that he spoke very little English. That kept me feeling that I couldn't ask him questions because he didn't understand me. But Steven came out the next day and when I told him that, he said he understood. After that, I had someone that spoke fluent English. Otherwise, the work was done quickly and efficiently. I had an excellent experience.

Original review: March 3, 2018

I was looking for a water replacement device for the one I had and wound up getting the Trident from Home Makeover Systems. Their sales rep gave me a briefing about what the Trident did and what it should be doing in the future. That really got me to make the final decision to purchase it. If what he said was halfway true, then I'll be more than happy with it. During the installation, I talked to a gentleman for a little while. He was from New York and was really good at what he did. He wasn't here long enough to really talk to him but he got it done pretty quickly. The system has been okay so far.

Original review: March 1, 2018

We were looking to get our home painted and we priced out a couple of different options. We also needed stucco work done and we needed shutters taken down. The work was pretty extensive. I checked with different companies and Home Makeover Systems seemed to offer the best deal for what we needed to have done. The sales rep was pleasant, friendly and not pushy. He listened to what we needed and he made several suggestions about different things like what he felt we didn't need and those that we did need.

We had them do the entire paint job that included the front door and they painted the outside mailbox which was not priced out. They power washed our home then put three different coats on. And they fixed the stucco and they took all the shutters down and painted them separately. They did an excellent work and we were very happy. They were professional, they came when they said they're going to come, and they cleaned up after themselves.

They sent out a foreman because most of the men spoke only Portuguese and I just speak a little bit but not enough to have a conversation. The foreman was great. We had a minor issue where we saw a streak on the side of the house. When you're a homeowner, it's a big problem. I was spending all that money so I wanted it to be perfect. But when I spoke to the foreman, he told me to calm down. He came right out and told me that it was not a streak and that it just had to dry. And he was right. They left us extra paint too. They called a week later and made sure that we were happy with the work and that there were no issues. They signed off and it was good.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

ClimaGuard - This is a personal recommendation for the company representative, Judd **. Due to a change in direction of our remodel, we elected not to use a coating system or paint from any manufacturer of supplier, and are doing something else. However, time spent with the company representative was both enjoyable and educational as Judd is neither high-pressure nor the type to disappear on you later. If he calls on you, hear him out as he understands the importance of under-promising and over-delivering, following through, and the long term value of a client-consultant relationship.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

Very Pleased. Workers were friendly and responsive to questions. All done in a timely manner. Clean up was well done also. I regret that we did not know about HMS before we replaced our Culligan softener with a Rain Soft system. Interested party may come look at the finished job. I do not believe that we have received a written Warranty as of today.

No response received
Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

I have called numerous times to have the system looked at/repaired with no one ever showing up to even look at it. I had a representative of their company call me to ask me how I like the system 3 weeks ago, explained my experience and displeasure. She assured me someone would call but lo and behold no call. Hmmm...

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

The representative, Jeff **, was knowledgeable, answered all my questions to my understanding. Most importantly, he was not pushy or high pressure. The installer, Oscar **, was wonderful. Installation was quick, clean and professional. I am looking forward to the advantages and the savings of having the Defender water filtration system.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

We just bought our house at the end of July. We had various companies come and test our water and offer us a whole home water filtering system. We even had Home Depot tell us we were approved and that they would call me the next day for installation. They never called or even showed up. Mathew called me from Home Makeover Systems. Was very courteous and on time for his appt. They worked to get me approved and when he said they would call the next day they did and had my system in within a couple of days. All the products arrived as promised and the difference has been amazing. The customer service and following up has been awesome. All terms were explained clearly.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2017

Sunil is very knowledgeable in his job. He is a very nice and professional will never have anyone else work on my system!!! He taught me more about my system than the salesman that sold it to me. I am super happy with my system and Sunil. Thank you so much for all your help!

Original review: July 26, 2017

I've been a customer of theirs for quite a while now. I bought the silver insulation that goes in the top of the attic back in 2011. My experience with that has been good. My bills have been lower overall, especially in the summer, and my garage is much nicer. They did a bunch of stuff when they did the insulation like wrapping my water heater and my garage door. They also gave me some bulbs. I've been very pleased with it. Just a month ago they called me and asked if I'd be interested in looking at one of their water systems. I know the water is terrible in Florida so I said sure. They came out and did the water test and showed me the systems, and I bought the stainless steel one. It wasn't cheap but I'm glad I bought it. The water is night and day to what it was. It tastes 10 times better. It doesn't smell anymore. Very pleased.

Original review: July 13, 2017

The overall service from Home Makeover Systems was excellent. So happy with our new water. My hair is softer, my skin is smoother and everything in my house is much cleaner. I feel like my family is so much healthier showering with and drinking the purified water. Absolutely love our water system!

Original review: June 22, 2017

Home Makeover Systems did a wonderful job when they installed their water filtration system. The presentation was informative and professional - As well as interesting and fun! Brandon was very thorough explaining all of information, and was knowledgeable about the subject area. It's amazing how much of a difference having the new system to filter the water. Cleaning has never been easier!

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: May 16, 2017

My experience with Home Makeover Systems was the WORST I have endured in my lifetime, even exceeding the death of my dear mother, father and three brothers. Salesman Michael ** barged into our health care homestead with no appointment in a gated Community with clearly marked signage stating this is a No Solicitation/No trespassing neighborhood. He then proceeded to use deceptive phrases and high pressure to overcome my then near death wife and me with my dementia and ailing mind and body. He ended up selling a very overpriced, maybe 4 times its value, water system. Not wanting the system we can not return it as Home Makeover System refuses any contact we try to make with them. In conclusion salesman Michael ** downright lied about the circumstances of the sale just leaving us no choice but to initiate a lawsuit, and file a complaint with the Attorney General's office in Tallahassee.

Original review: April 1, 2017

We purchased our water filtration system from Home Makeover Systems. Its quality is 101%. Their installer was good. He talked us through it, and he told me what to do afterwards. We've already recommended it to friends and I tell everybody that it's worth it.

Original review: March 9, 2017

I'm very happy with Home Makeover Systems. I purchased water purification from them and the sales representatives were very good, knowledgeable and quick. I also got Home Makeover to deliver and set up the purification. They were concerned about where and how they were going to put it and they worked around with any problems that I had.

Original review: March 7, 2017

I have somebody from Home Makeover Systems come over. I got the water softener and he came out and did it which was what I wanted. I thought the installation team were coming on Monday but 20 minutes after the salesman left and they were there, which was really good. Also, they were very quick, nice, personable, friendly and they did an excellent job and I noticed the difference after getting the water system.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2017

I didn't like our water here. The bottom of my glasses didn't look clean, and I thought maybe there was something wrong with the water. I got a call from Home Makeover Systems and liked what I heard. I like the water purification system very much and should have gotten it sooner. It's a little easier to clean things up. However, I'm disappointed that there's no foam when I wash my dishes. I'm used to some suds and I thought it doesn't seem right, but the rep told me that there's not supposed to be any suds. I just have to get used to the product. I was very impressed with the rep because Home Makeover issues a gift certificate, which I lost mine, and she was so kind and understanding and sent me another one. She was very sweet and responded very well.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2016

Painting of house was completed in record time. Clean up after job completed was very poor. Paint splatters left on driveway & pavers. Garage door was left with a strip unpainted on both edges. White pane on front french doors is already peeling off & has only been 1 year. Paint for touch up was promised but not given.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2016

I love my experience with Home Makeover Systems. Someone called me and I got their premier water purification system. It was an excellent interaction with the sales rep. I had no trouble with the installation team who came and the installation experience was perfect. I'm very, very pleased with this product and I've recommended it to others.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2016

I'm very pleased with my new PURONICS TERMINATOR IQ Water Conditioner as installed by Home Makeover Systems in Longwood Florida. HMS provided everything that I was promised and they registered my system with PURONICS. My installation required extra persistence due to the large oak tree roots that surrounded my water lines and irrigation system back-flow prevention device. But, after much effort the system was installed and it's working great. Thank you Home Makeover Systems.

Home Makeover Systems Company Information