4.39/5
Based on 268 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

Home Makeover Systems

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Home Makeover Systems is proud to be a family owned and operated company. We have been providing quality products and services to Central Florida homeowners for over 30 years. We offer whole home water purification systems, attic insulation and a proprietary exterior home coating system formulated for Florida weather conditions. We look forward to providing your family and home with only the best products available.

Home Makeover Systems Gallery (1)

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Sept. 27, 2017

288 Home Makeover Systems Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

The representative, Jeff **, was knowledgeable, answered all my questions to my understanding. Most importantly, he was not pushy or high pressure. The installer, Oscar **, was wonderful. Installation was quick, clean and professional. I am looking forward to the advantages and the savings of having the Defender water filtration system.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

We just bought our house at the end of July. We had various companies come and test our water and offer us a whole home water filtering system. We even had Home Depot tell us we were approved and that they would call me the next day for installation. They never called or even showed up. Mathew called me from Home Makeover Systems. Was very courteous and on time for his appt. They worked to get me approved and when he said they would call the next day they did and had my system in within a couple of days. All the products arrived as promised and the difference has been amazing. The customer service and following up has been awesome. All terms were explained clearly.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2017

Sunil is very knowledgeable in his job. He is a very nice and professional will never have anyone else work on my system!!! He taught me more about my system than the salesman that sold it to me. I am super happy with my system and Sunil. Thank you so much for all your help!

Original review: July 26, 2017

I've been a customer of theirs for quite a while now. I bought the silver insulation that goes in the top of the attic back in 2011. My experience with that has been good. My bills have been lower overall, especially in the summer, and my garage is much nicer. They did a bunch of stuff when they did the insulation like wrapping my water heater and my garage door. They also gave me some bulbs. I've been very pleased with it. Just a month ago they called me and asked if I'd be interested in looking at one of their water systems. I know the water is terrible in Florida so I said sure. They came out and did the water test and showed me the systems, and I bought the stainless steel one. It wasn't cheap but I'm glad I bought it. The water is night and day to what it was. It tastes 10 times better. It doesn't smell anymore. Very pleased.

Original review: July 13, 2017

The overall service from Home Makeover Systems was excellent. So happy with our new water. My hair is softer, my skin is smoother and everything in my house is much cleaner. I feel like my family is so much healthier showering with and drinking the purified water. Absolutely love our water system!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Makeover Systems?

Original review: June 22, 2017

Home Makeover Systems did a wonderful job when they installed their water filtration system. The presentation was informative and professional - As well as interesting and fun! Brandon was very thorough explaining all of information, and was knowledgeable about the subject area. It's amazing how much of a difference having the new system to filter the water. Cleaning has never been easier!

Factual basis uncertain
    Original review: May 16, 2017

My experience with Home Makeover Systems was the WORST I have endured in my lifetime, even exceeding the death of my dear mother, father and three brothers. Salesman Michael ** barged into our health care homestead with no appointment in a gated Community with clearly marked signage stating this is a No Solicitation/No trespassing neighborhood. He then proceeded to use deceptive phrases and high pressure to overcome my then near death wife and me with my dementia and ailing mind and body. He ended up selling a very overpriced, maybe 4 times its value, water system. Not wanting the system we can not return it as Home Makeover System refuses any contact we try to make with them. In conclusion salesman Michael ** downright lied about the circumstances of the sale just leaving us no choice but to initiate a lawsuit, and file a complaint with the Attorney General's office in Tallahassee.

Original review: April 1, 2017

We purchased our water filtration system from Home Makeover Systems. Its quality is 101%. Their installer was good. He talked us through it, and he told me what to do afterwards. We've already recommended it to friends and I tell everybody that it's worth it.

Original review: March 9, 2017

I'm very happy with Home Makeover Systems. I purchased water purification from them and the sales representatives were very good, knowledgeable and quick. I also got Home Makeover to deliver and set up the purification. They were concerned about where and how they were going to put it and they worked around with any problems that I had.

Original review: March 7, 2017

I have somebody from Home Makeover Systems come over. I got the water softener and he came out and did it which was what I wanted. I thought the installation team were coming on Monday but 20 minutes after the salesman left and they were there, which was really good. Also, they were very quick, nice, personable, friendly and they did an excellent job and I noticed the difference after getting the water system.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2017

I didn't like our water here. The bottom of my glasses didn't look clean, and I thought maybe there was something wrong with the water. I got a call from Home Makeover Systems and liked what I heard. I like the water purification system very much and should have gotten it sooner. It's a little easier to clean things up. However, I'm disappointed that there's no foam when I wash my dishes. I'm used to some suds and I thought it doesn't seem right, but the rep told me that there's not supposed to be any suds. I just have to get used to the product. I was very impressed with the rep because Home Makeover issues a gift certificate, which I lost mine, and she was so kind and understanding and sent me another one. She was very sweet and responded very well.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2016

Painting of house was completed in record time. Clean up after job completed was very poor. Paint splatters left on driveway & pavers. Garage door was left with a strip unpainted on both edges. White pane on front french doors is already peeling off & has only been 1 year. Paint for touch up was promised but not given.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2016

I love my experience with Home Makeover Systems. Someone called me and I got their premier water purification system. It was an excellent interaction with the sales rep. I had no trouble with the installation team who came and the installation experience was perfect. I'm very, very pleased with this product and I've recommended it to others.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2016

I'm very pleased with my new PURONICS TERMINATOR IQ Water Conditioner as installed by Home Makeover Systems in Longwood Florida. HMS provided everything that I was promised and they registered my system with PURONICS. My installation required extra persistence due to the large oak tree roots that surrounded my water lines and irrigation system back-flow prevention device. But, after much effort the system was installed and it's working great. Thank you Home Makeover Systems.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2016

We weren't real happy with our old system. It was all digitized and it was impossible to follow and you had no idea what you were doing. My wife was just tired of messing with the salt and the digital screen, she decided to go with Home Makeover Systems. The sales rep we worked with was good and our experience with the installation team was as smooth as silk. When I bought the original system with the salt deal, I no longer had soap scum in my shower. Now, I have tons of it. I still have lines and things in my toilet bowl that shouldn't be there. I expected it to be a little more clean around those areas. Despite that, I would recommend it to a friend.

Resolution response: Oct. 5, 2016

The company contacted me and has made everything right. They sent out Derrick to check out and service my existing equipment. He was very thorough and very personable. I am completely satisfied at this point. Miss communication can create bad feelings, and I am glad this was all rectified. Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2016

Made an appt., did not show. When I called, claimed that the person had been in an auto accident. Called to reschedule and spoke with Dustin. While at the bank, found that the company had run my credit report. Odd since they did not have my full legal name, but had my address, so looked up ownership and went from there. I called and complained. Called me back and said they would send me a $50 gift card for Carrabba's. Never got.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2016

Home Makeover Systems contacted me and they had a demonstration. I love the water softener I purchased and the water tastes better. I feel safer and it works really, really well in every area. The sales representative was awesome. Then I was sent something wrong but the service department quickly corrected that and they sent the right stuff. The experiences have been very good and I’m very happy.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2016

Home Makeover Systems called us and then my husband made an appointment ‘cause we wanted to hear what they had to say. The sales representative was wonderful, very thorough, and answered all of our questions. He basically sold us and we liked the idea, especially after the demonstration. We then bought a water purifier. The installation team was great, helpful and wonderful. We’re really big on our landscaping and we don’t want stuff to be just out in the open. He did everything we wanted him to do with the wires.

It’s a major difference in our quality of shower and our skin as well. It just amazes me and I couldn’t believe the difference. We love it. It was a great purchase for us. It’s so nice that we don't have to worry about our water because we always have to buy it here in Florida, and we don’t have to worry about our filter in our refrigerator anymore because we know our water is pure and clean. Even the products that we received like the laundry detergent and the body wash were all great. I used the laundry detergent for the first time yesterday. It's very concentrated and it worked really good on my laundry. You have to use very little in order to do a full load. It was great and I was impressed.

Original review: July 16, 2016

The water filtration system for the whole house from Home Makeover Systems has awesome quality. The sales representative was very professional, likable and agreeable. There was nothing HMS could’ve done differently. I would recommend them. I find them a little on the expensive side but if someone's willing to pay their price, then it’s great.

Original review: July 13, 2016

Home Makeover Systems contacted us via a card we filled out at a trade show. Their sales representative came to the house and did a small presentation. He expected to spend a lot more time with us but we didn’t allocate as much time as he wanted us to. We bought a water softener. The installation team came while we were not there but the installation was very quick. We had some doubts due to some negative reviews online but we didn't experience any. It’s much more positive than we expected and the quality has been good so far.

Original review: July 12, 2016

The people that came from Home Makeover Systems that I talked to were very nice, friendly and informative. I got the Puronics water system, and the sales rep was knowledgeable, helpful and made it fun to learn about it. The installer was also showed me step-by-step what he was doing. The product has made a difference in the water.

Factual basis uncertain
    Original review: July 11, 2016

I purchased Puronics water purifier/softener from Home Makeover Systems for ** as the sales person and the product brochure claimed that purifier will - Soften the water - The food will taste better - Hair and skin will feel soft & silky - Better tasting beverages - Whole-home purified drinking water - Protects plumbing and appliances. After installation of this purifier we stopped buying water from the store and started drinking from the tap. The experience was water continue to - Smell bad - Tastes pathetic like it has never been purified - We see water spots everywhere - skin was getting dry like before. As the result of drinking water from tap my 5 year old daughter fell sick twice and our pediatrician confirmed that it is due to bacteria and the one of the source can be water. My father-in-law and mother-in-law complained that they are having unusual stomach gas and the water smells awful.

I was told that the water purifier machine has chip in it which automatically send notification to the technician if the water is not being purified. BTW, I paid extra for this feature. It certainly does not send any notification or else there was not needed for me to call them. However after multiple complaints the technician came twice to fix the unit however there was no progress at all. Even the technician from Home Makeover Systems confirmed that the quality of water is not good in my house. After I complained again about the health issues of my family members they came to collect the water sample, I was not provided with the result first time however received call from the company that they wanted to collect water one more time as first time they were not able to test it. Lab results of the second water sample was shared with me which said the water is fine. But we continue to face the same issues as highlighted above.

I complained again about the water problems and after multiple calls the owner of the distribution agency called me and blamed me that the problem is in my perception and I do not understand the function of H2O (water). After multiple arguments he became ready to send a senior manager from his company. The manager came after a week and tried to convince me that there is no problem in the water, it is supposed to be like this. After insisting he then tested the water in front of me for chlorine and sediments which failed 3 times (find the attached picture of the test). He wanted to send another technician to repair the water purifier or replace it. We are tired of technician trying to fix the problem. We are not ready to accept another system as my whole family is so scared to drink water from the tap that we have started to buy bottle water from store.

I am not happy with this purifier and above all we are is impacts the health of my family. The manager from Home Makeover System told me that he does not have the authority to take decision to return the money or take back the system hence he needs to make me talk to his boss. But it has been 3 weeks now and he has been telling me that his boss is not available to talk.

Original review: July 9, 2016

Looked into reviews of water treatment systems companies. Found some decent reviews of a few, one of them being Home Makeover Systems (HMS). Contacted all of them. After waiting a few weeks due to the cost of the systems and being undecided on which is the best for the least cost and least ongoing cost I received a call from Vito with Home makeover Systems. The PURONICS product they offer seemed good for the price he was offering though I could not locate much detailed info on the system (Terminator MP).

I asked for proof that the price was really discounted and he showed me a flyer with the normal price. After a few added perks, the limited lifetime warranty, the low maintenance costs (no salt to soften, just used to clean the device) and that HMS could provide support even though they are about 3 hours away, I decided to go ahead with the purchase. They came the next day as it was the end of the month (EOM) and Vito said the product had to be installed by EOM to be able to honor all the discounts and perks. This sounds like it could be typical salesperson tactics but nevertheless I did not want to put up with the horrible water at my home any longer. I ended up being informed that there is a medium (filter or something that needs to be replaced every 2-3 years) but that is expected with these systems.

The installer was good though a bit careless. He stepped on the salt container with his foot while running a 12v cable and was making it collapse. I mentioned in a nice manner that maybe that wasn't a good idea even though it appears there was no apparent damage to the plastic container. He apologized. He did not seem to want to place the device on the opposite side of the garage as it would be more work for he so we put it just inside the garage closest to the where the main water line comes into the house.

I'm not sure that is the best place as it makes the salt tank stick out a bit whereas if it was on the other side it would not. It should be ok though. I also noticed one hold in the garage wall was not caulked on the outside so it could be an entrance point for bugs, water. I just caulked it myself so no big deal. Right now I'm waiting for a water test to see how the treated water compares to the non-treated water as I thought I would have received that at the time of installation (only the hardness was tested), what exactly is removed from the water and the details of the warranty and maintenance so I contacted PURONICS directly. We are in a "you're it" right now with trying to reach a few PURONICS contacts, so we'll see. The "normal" price was $**. I received it for $**.

Original review: July 3, 2016

Home Makeover Systems called us as a result of our inquiry at the home show in Daytona Beach in the fall of 2015. I made an appointment for their rep to come out and talk to us. The rep was first class. We got the house painting package and it was excellent. We had to have some repair work on the soffits and the crew did a really good job. We don’t have any complaints. They went the extra mile to satisfy us. They made an adjustment in midstream because I was standing out in the driveway boohooing because I was unhappy with the trim color. My husband told me to call Ronald, the manager. Ronald listened to me and came out. We looked at some samples of what the new color might look like and changed it. They were very accommodating and I was happy. The quality of the service and product were great. We are perfectly satisfied.

Original review: June 23, 2016

We got a solicitation phone call from Home Makeover Systems. They weren't pushy at all, but were just offering to come and test my water, and if I let them do that, I got a $50 gift certificate to Outback restaurant. So I thought, "Hey, I can take the free dinner at Outback," never thinking that I would actually buy their water purification system, but my husband and I had already been talking about getting something similar to what they offered, and by the time they left, we had the water purification system. The quality of the items we bought was very good. The installation team were very professional and efficient and knew what they were doing. We're very happy with the service we've received and with the product. On the whole, Home Makeover Systems was very professional and offered a good product.

Original review: June 21, 2016

I am happy with everybody who was involved with Home Makeover Systems -- the sales rep, the workers, the carpenter, the painters, just everybody. They were excellent and very professional. Anytime I said, "Could you do this? What about that over there?", they just took care of everything. I got my house painted and I am very satisfied. As a matter of fact, I'm having my other house done by them.

Original review: June 20, 2016

I wanted to make sure I didn't have bad stuff in my water. Home Makeover Systems had a booth set up that was sponsored in Seminole County at Earth Day and they also offered a gift certificate to Publix. I got their Terminator system and I'm very happy. Their sales rep was wonderful. He was very professional and was a deciding factor of us buying. The installation team was also very good. They had put the system in where I had gardening/landscaping done and they went out and got some mulch to cover up the grounds that have been disturbed. The installation was very easy and done very well, and the water quality has vastly improved.

Original review: June 15, 2016

I was looking for a new water system for the house since I was not happy with the one that I had. I called Home Makeover Systems after looking online at reviews. I'm pleased with the system I got from them - it was expensive but good. The sales representative was a very nice and knowledgeable man. He wasn't pushy and instructed me about the system. The installer guy was a sweetheart. He pre-did some stuff but he had to sit in his car since it was almost pouring down rain. I invited him in until the rain stopped, then he went out and completed the installation. I'm very happy with the system and the people I dealt with.

Original review: June 14, 2016

We bought a water purification system and so far, it's good. The sales rep was excellent, engaging, and seemed to have a lot of faith in the product. We were very pleased with him. The person who put in the unit was perfect. We were very happy with the water system and with the service Home Makeover Systems provided.

Original review: May 22, 2016

Tina, the salesperson from Home Makeover Systems, was excellent. She's very knowledgeable about the product. She did very well in pointing out several things on the current water system that I had which helped me decide to get the new system and would alleviate most of the problems I had with my old system. I was not aware of the issue until they came and tested my water. We went out to look at the existing water filter system outside of the home and noticed that the tank, purchased six or seven years ago, was rotting and all the salt to filter the water had bugs, molds, and dirt that were being filtered back into the house.

I purchased the system on Friday night and they were able to come the next day and install the new water filtering system for the whole house. The installation went very well and the installation team was great. They actually showed me some of the pieces that were totally rotted and told me the quality of my water was probably pretty bad. The quality of the system is great and as well as the products that came with it - a year's supply of soaps, laundry detergent, dishwashing liquid, shampoo, body shampoo, soap.

Home Makeover Systems Company Information