It's that easy Get a Free Quote
4.58/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Ready to improve your life with better water? Kinetico has a solution for you. With a variety of water softeners, drinking water systems and specialty solutions from which to choose, there’s a perfect option to meet your family’s needs. Kinetico water systems provide the highest quality water for drinking and everyday use. Visit Kinetico.com today to get a quote or schedule your water test, and start living a well-hydrated life.

Kinetico Gallery (4)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

627 Kinetico Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

The water is hard where we live at. I have Kinetico water softeners in all of my houses. I love them. Chuck lives just a mile from me and wanted soft water so pipes don’t get clogged that often. We put a whole house Kinetico water softener in his house. Kinetico did the installation and it went great. I told the installer where I wanted it and said where the drain needed to go. He placed it exactly where we wanted it. The installation took him an hour to finish. The pipes, the waterlines, the bathtubs, the toilets, and the faucets don't corrode up with calcium now. The Kinetico doesn’t use electricity. It goes off the volume of the water that you use and it just doesn’t break down.

Get expert buying tips about Water Treatment Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

We live out in a rural area and we have a local well. I own a construction company and Kinetico moved in to the area. My company did their office and then their warehouse, so I’ve gotten to know all the guys and it went from there. Setting up my appointment with Kinetico went great and everything was fine. Their reps were very knowledgeable and they did what they said they were gonna do. We got the water softening and the filtration system from Kinetico. They did the installation and it was very efficient. They also called me with better ideas than what we talked about originally with the salesman and they took good care of me.

There is one drawback that we’ve noticed, however. The ice cubes from our icemaker were almost white and cloudy before and the salesman said they would be clear with Kinetico and that we would be able to see through them. But the system has not done that. Seeing clear ice cubes was one of the things that we were looking forward to but it's not that big of a deal. Everything seems to be fine with our water system. It's a good product, overall, and the customer service was 5-star.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

We had the best experience ever! I wish we would of done it sooner! It's very easy to take care of! The water taste so wonderful. Our showers are great! My laundry is cleaner, the water suds up. And best of all, no more rings from the iron in our water! The company that installed it was also wonderful, Martin's.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

We got Kinetico's water softener and the Reverse Osmosis for a new home that we built. The company's rep who helped us was very friendly and knowledgeable, and the installation team was excellent as well. The install wasn’t an easy job though. The team had a half day to get it all in and then they’ve come back just the other day and hooked it up into our own system, because the last time I didn’t have a kitchen sink or the refrigerator in place. Now, we haven’t moved in, but everything is going fine. It has been great working with Kinetico. It is a very good outfit and very professional.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

The Kinetico water softener system that I have turns my stinky water into good water. I have to put hydrogen peroxide in it to make it work correctly, and it works pretty good. When the rep came out to show me how the system works, he talked to me about reverse osmosis water system. So we got those things too, and we had a good experience with the installation.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kinetico?

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

I had a good experience with Kinetico. I got a water softener and filter system from them. We bought a brand new house and the water here is really hard, it’s 20-plus grain water. We’ve had systems before and made the decision that when we bought this house, we would buy a water softener and a reverse osmosis purification system. I researched all the products that were available in the marketplace and chose Kinetico. Their system is a genius, the use of water pressure to run the whole thing. It also has fewer issues, maintenance-wise.

Interacting with Kinetico's rep was straightforward. The installation went smoothly and the mechanic did a good job on it. Kinetico's system is nice and it works well. Since having the water system installed, our water is a lot better. The installer also pointed something out underneath my house and it was pretty interesting. It was an air conditioning duct that wasn’t insulated properly and it was causing condensation. So, it was nice to get that little extra bonus and have the guy look in under there. That problem has been fixed since.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

In the previous house we owned, we had hard water and we saw all the damages that it did. We knew that when we built this house we were gonna get a water softener so I started looking into it. Kinetico uses no electricity and has low salt consumption. Their rep was also very knowledgeable. We've had the water softener system since July 7th and I can tell the difference the water has on our skin. Also, we haven't noticed anything on our faucets. There isn't any build-up and any hard water on the glass doors. Kinetico is the only way to go.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

Kinetico is the product being sold by the dealer that we used and he recommended it. Since I had the water softener system installed, we have much better softness in the water and nice suds too.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

I always thought that a water softener filtration system was a good idea. My brother-in-law put the system in his house and I liked it. I went to Kinetico online and their sales guy got back to me on the same day then they came out a couple of days later. The salesman did a great job and answered all my questions. I was happy. The installation went fine as well. It was straightforward. They've been doing it for a while so it went smoothly. I got the Premier Series which got the whole house system and the drinking water. Now, our coffee pots and stuff have less mineral deposits and we could taste the difference in the drinking water right away. I've been really happy with everything. I also recommend Kinetico to anybody who talks to me.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

We had hard water and it was difficult to clean. I was looking into the water softeners and a gentleman kind of sold me on the reverse osmosis. We now have Kinetico's quad tank system and the reverse osmosis system. The salesman that I had was very hands-on, knowledgeable, and patient. He was willing to answer all my questions like my inquiry about the amount of salt that would be in the water.

But I wasn’t happy with the installation. We had a leak from the installation because there was a part of the unit that wasn’t correctly installed. I don’t know if it was an installation problem or if it was just a defective unit, but it was part of the water softener unit that wasn’t done correctly. We had to do an insurance claim with Kinetico to get the water damage fixed. Dealing with the plumbing and everything to completely finish the house was difficult.

I like the reverse osmosis and the drinking water part of it because I can tell a difference in our water there. But as far as the regular water used for the showering and stuff, I haven’t really noticed that it is easier to clean the hard water stains or that I can use less soap. If I had to do it over again, I would probably choose a different company. People interested in Kinetico should do their own research.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

The technician was very knowledgeable and explained what all pieces of the equipment did regarding the treatment of our water extremely thoroughly. He also explained what needed to be checked as well as replaced by the homeowner on a regular basis. We are very happy with the professionalism of the technician.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

The water where we live was hard and I bought a saltwater filtration system from Kinetico. The sales rep was good and informative. The installers were fine as well but we are having some problems because the system stopped working. It shows it is in service but at the same time you could see that there’s no softening happening because you cannot see drops coming over there and you don’t feel any kind of salt in the water. The system worked fine for 20 days. It happened one time and then, we called them in again. It has happened four times already and the technician has come three times. The techs have been good and receptive but we are gonna call the company who did this for us one more time and find a permanent solution because we don't wanna keep on calling them all the time.

Since having the filtration system, the water has become soft and everything becomes slippery which is good. It was what we wanted too and you can see the difference now that it’s not working. Still, we have given a recommendation to a lot of our neighbors. At least four neighbors of ours have already gone with the same system right now.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

We had a Kinetico system in a different house and we got in the same water softener system when we moved to a new place. The people that we worked with were very professional. They explained the benefits. Before the water was very hard and now it's soft.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

My wine glass had spots on them and I had to put saltwater in to get rid of them. The engineers at our company did research and they told me which company they thought was the best, which was Kinetico. We just had a party of 300 people and there were no spots on the wine glasses.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

We had hard water and it was bad. We needed a water system, and my brother-in-law who works for Air & Water recommended Kinetico for me. Setting up the appointment was awesome and the rep was good. The taste was something we had to get used to, but as far as the skin, we love it. I’m very satisfied.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

We've got quite a bit of chlorine in our county water and the water softener filtration system was one of the systems that I was told could help me filter that out. I got one from Kinetico and it's really efficient on salt. We also have their drinking water system and we love our drinking water. Also, our installer did a good job on making sure that our pressure was right for our home. We don't notice any pressure differences, either in the drinking water or in the regular tap on the showers or anything like that. I grew up on a water softener, so I'm familiar with the difference in the feel of the water and I feel like it was a really, really good decision. I would definitely suggest to friends to do it. From a health standpoint, it is important to keep an eye on your water. And Kinetico, at least, around here, are pretty much the top-of-the-line that you can find on both sides, the Kinetico drinking water and the water softener.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

We had super hard water in the house, which we really needed to deal with. My parents live in Florida and almost every home down there has a home water softening system. They recommended Kinetico based on their own experience and I wanted to go with their suggestion. I filled out an online form requesting an in-home estimate from Kinetico and I received a really prompt call setting up a time for a technician to come out. The technician came as scheduled and was very informative and helpful. He then gave us a couple of days to think over our decision. Afterwards, the install was very seamless and took a couple of hours. It was really fast. Plus, my interactions with their installation team were great. We also took advantage of the free water test. It was great and it confirmed our suspicions that we had really hard water.

Before we had the water treated, I was having significant skin issues. I noticed the skin thing because when I would travel for work, I’d be gone for five days and my skin would look amazing. Then I’d come home and it would be a disaster again. I could not figure out what was going on. My mom said it might be my water and she was right. Also, when we washed the laundry and not put it through the dryer with the dryer sheet, it would be stiff as a board like it was starched because of all the minerals in the water. The feel of it to the touch is softer now. And we aren't getting a hot pink ring around our bathtub on a weekly basis. We’ve recommended Kinetico to friends in the area who are having similar issues with their water.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

We have had many water softeners in our life and they have all serviced us very well until this one. We have had the gentleman who installed it back out 3 times and it still is not right. I would like to sell it back to the company for a reasonable price. It has totally ruined my new toilet. We get black stuff all the time, worse than before the softener, we have a sulfur smell since it has been installed and we get rust looking residue in bathroom shower and glasses. Have never had any of these problems anywhere else we have lived or with any other softener and we have at 2 or 3 different brands.

Kinetico response

Carol, we've reached out to the installing dealer with a request they contact you to discuss your concerns. Please feel free to contact us at customersupport@kinetico.com or 800.944.9283 for further assistance.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

The water filtration system at my lake house in Missouri quit working. I called Kinetico and told them I wanted their rep to come out and he made an appointment. The guy who came was really nice and very professional. He had a background in construction and my husband is also in construction which was good. He communicated very well. He also educated us on the new things that had to do with the water softener systems. I'm really impressed with the system. The guy who came out and installed the system did a great job as well. He bent over backwards and made sure that we were happy. He would also have ideas about something we would wanna add later on like an outside faucet. He was very good at what he did.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

We’ve been with Kinetico for quite a while and we have the water softening system from them. The drinking water filter we had for the kitchen started to leak and when we replaced that, we went back to Kinetico's local service personnel here and they did good service during installation. We've noticed the difference in the water drinking-wise. However, this new system has a lot more water pressure going through it than the old one that we’ve had. But it's been great working with them and we’re happy with their service.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

My wife and I have been talking about getting a RO system for quite a long time and we just weren’t very happy with the water quality in the community that we live in. The water department has had some problems on a few things in the water and they were having trouble removing them. So we researched and we knew somebody that purchased a Kinetico water system. Then we looked online and looked for people in the area that might be a dealer for that type of equipment.

We went with Air & Water Solutions out of Columbia, Missouri, which is 60 miles from here. We called them and had them come talk to us about Kinetico and then we went ahead and had it installed. There's definitely a difference in the taste of the water since we got the system installed. We also have peace of mind knowing that we're running through this device, which cleans up the water and makes it more pure.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

The lime in our well-water was high at our place. I was then advised by another person that had the Kinetico system that it is doing a good job for them. Because of this, we decided to try it. It was fairly easy to get a hold of them and make arrangements for them to give us an idea of what it all entailed, and the cost, and what it would take to install it. They made all the arrangements that worked with us on our time schedule. Everything seemed to be fine. The salesman who came to my home explained the system and how it worked. He was very convincing that it was a good system.

So we had a water softener and a water drinking system installed. The installation team got it done without making any messes. They did their job, got in, and got out, and tried not to disturb anything. They were very cordial. Since the installation of the system, we're very happy with our drinking water. Everything seems to have improved. Overall, I was very satisfied with everything. And everything seems to be going okay so far with the Kinetico system.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

I grew up with a water softener in a place that needed it badly. The water was very hard and had a sandy soil so the softener became a really good use. I did a free test for the Kinetico water softener and it worked well. The installation went very smooth and everybody was good. We have the softener for a little over a year now and the experience has been great. I used to have burn marks on my skin 'cause the hot water was so hard but it was gone. Kinetico was great to deal with and I could tell my friends to go with them.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

A water quality test was done before the house was built and based on that test, we got a water treatment system from Kinetico. We got a quote from Bill at Water Quality Systems in Charlton, and he came out and gave me a price based on the test results. And then, they did another test, and he had to adjust the size because it had settled for a while. He put in the system, and we've been using it. We called Kinetico a couple of times because the tech had put the filter on too tight and we couldn't get it off. I didn't want to use a big old wrench and break it. But as far as the system working, it has been flawless. It's just something that we have to maintain from time to time, add salt and change the filter. Every once in a while, the water smells a little sulfury, which is the time to change the filter. Other than that, I would recommend Kinetico to others.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

The house that we currently live in has about eight grains of water hardness. We have the smallest Kinetico that they make and it has been serving its purpose flawlessly for 30 years. We love the softer water. About November last year, it was time that we rebuilt the thing. Kinetico came in, they took it, put a new bed in it, and rebuilt it completely from the ground up. Now, we’re back on a new fresh unit again. Then, in April, we bought a house on the other side of town which has 20 grains of water hardness. We needed something military grade to handle that kind of hardness and I would not even think about anything short of a Kinetico for that. They recommended the top-of-the-line unit and I wasn't even gonna question that recommendation and told them to put it in.

The unit we bought has the softening and the carbon polishing. It’s for the whole house. The installation team was knowledgeable, friendly, and courteous. They answered all my questions and when I had special requests, they were very congenial about doing it. They were great and I’d highly recommend them. I’m working with that company to install a whole house RO system in addition to the softener to supply my refrigerators, icemakers, and several water spigots around the house for RO water and supply tanks. They’ve been terrific in helping me out. I would never hesitate to buy another Kinetico. I tell everybody that lives near me that has a complaint about their water that they should be thinking about getting a Kinetico and they'll never have a problem. It’s an awesome design.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

I got 25 years out of my old Kinetico system so I figured I’d go back with Kinetico. The installation was finished in one day. The system was the new one with the two tanks, with the backwash and the pre and the post filter on it. Backwashing is simple and the guy that installed the system walked me through everything. The water is a bit better than the old system's. I just noticed that when the old one quit working, it had the bad taste and the Sulphur content is back again. But it’s all hunky dory now.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

Shiloh Water Systems said the water needed to be cleaned and they recommended Kinetico. The sales representative we dealt with was very knowledgeable and he told me what we needed. I told him to sign us up and he did. The team also did a good job on the installation. There were no issues with the system and the water softener has worked for me. The water is much better now. It's clear and there's no smell to it.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

Setting up an appointment with Signature 735, the company that installed our Kinetico full softening system was easy. The team that installed the system was very professional. they came out two days later, and they did it in a very little amount of time. They were independent and they didn’t even require a lot of watching from me. They were quick and efficient.

My interactions with their reps have been excellent, too. I’ve changed the filter a couple of times and had some questions about how to do it. They were able to walk me through, which was nice. In addition, the water test that they did was great. They showed me what was going on with the water I had -- it had silica, and iron and a couple of other things. That led us to decide to do a full system that we have. Since the system was installed, the yellow staining in all of our sinks, toilets, and bathtubs have stopped. The tap water tastes a little clearer too. I would tell everyone to go with Kinetico since we’ve had such a good experience with them.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

I purchase the whole house water softener from Kinetico as we have very hard water where I live. Setting up an appointment with them was very easy. Their reps were very professional and they knew what they were doing. It was a very good experience with their installation team too. The company that installed it also took care of my air conditioner, HVAC system, and instant hot water heater. Since purchasing the Kinetico system, I've noticed a difference with the laundry and the dishwasher. Even the drinking water is a lot better.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

My water was high in iron. A Kinetico water filter was installed which was a less than a day project. Since having Kinetico, I've noticed that my water's better.

Kinetico expert review by Greg Chick

Kinetico Water Systems offers water softeners and reverse osmosis systems for your home. Kinetico was among the first companies to offer nonelectric, fully automatic water treatment systems. Kinetico’s systems are powered by moving water, which keeps your cost down for operation and repairs.

• Nonelectric systems: Kinetico’s water treatment systems do not run on electricity. They use the movement of the water they contain to power their own filtration systems. This process keeps operation and repair costs low.

• Free water testing and quotes: If you’re not sure if you need water treatment, you can schedule a free water test with Kinetico’s experts. You can also receive free quotes on any system you need.

• Water softeners: Kinetico has several different options for water softeners. From compact, simple systems to full systems for hard water.

• Drinking water filters: Kinetico has several different options for drinking water filtration. You can purchase a full filtration system or a smaller filtration tap.

• Specialty solutions: Kinetico also sells several different specialty solutions for water that needs filtering. Aerators and dechlorinators are available to help remove chemicals and minerals from your water systems.

• Best for: people interested in a nonelectric filtration system.

Profile picture of Greg Chick
Greg Chick Water Treatment Systems Contributing Editor

Greg Chick has worked as an entrepreneur for over 40 years with a background in plumbing, irrigation, pools and water heating. He is a member of Green Plumbers USA, International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials and American Society of Plumbing Engineers. Greg works to educate residential consumers about quality plumbing products.

Kinetico Company Information