4.58/5
Based on 115 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Ready to improve your life with better water? Kinetico has a solution for you. With a variety of water softeners, drinking water systems and specialty solutions from which to choose, there’s a perfect option to meet your family’s needs. Kinetico water systems provide the highest quality water for drinking and everyday use. Visit Kinetico.com today to get a quote or schedule your water test, and start living a well-hydrated life.

Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 15, 2018

137 Kinetico Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

We had a lot of rust, and we had a lot of iron and other minerals in the water here. I liked to get it cleaned up. There are a lot of different water softeners out on the market, but I thought Kinetico was more of a top of the line softener and also, they have a good history. Setting up an appointment with them was really simple. I told them that I was interested and Dave came out. He showed us what was available and he did one free water test right at the night that he was here for us to figure out what we were going to need. The water test kind of confirmed what I already knew. I used to be a wastewater operator in a small town, and had quite a bit to do with water, and seeing different applications, I knew a little bit about what was going on.

Once we figured out what would be best suited for our house, we set up a date for the installer to come out and put it in. We bought a water softener and a drinker water system and had them installed inside the house. One guy came out and he had everything that he needed and he did a good job. There were no return visits to finish up anything, too. And now, the soap dissolves and it rinses off a lot better. And I can tell that it’s softer.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

I was in a hurry to get something and I had heard that Kinetico was good. I got a double water softener with free filter from Kinetico. I visited the store in Hayward first and then they sent somebody out. They did a free water test for me and the rep I spoke with to set up the appointment was all right. There were a couple of installations and they did it pretty quickly. I had no issues. Kinetico is good, but it’s expensive. It was far more than I had expected to pay.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

We purchased a new home and it did not have a water softener in it. An appointment was easy to set up and the rep came out to our house. He tested the water, which wasn’t nearly as bad as what we thought. The installer was good and he wasn’t here for very long, maybe an hour. We got a refurbished system and what stood out completely about it was that it’s not plugged in. There’s no power source. The water is a lot better now than what it was when it was tested.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

My sister and I had cancer and our doctor recommended that we look into our water system. My sister did the research which I benefited from. She gave me a number and I called the guy about Kinetico. He came out within a couple of days and he showed me all the different options. I told him what I wanted and what my issues were. He looked around my property, I live on a farm, and he said I had all these possible contaminants. He did a water test and showed me what contaminants I had in the water. He then fixed some tea with water from my tap then he fixed tea again but with water from one of his systems. The comparison was amazing. When I agreed to do a whole water system throughout the house, they installed it within 10 days. It was fabulous how quickly they were able to put it in.

The system really changed my life so I very much like it. Kinetico has a really good product and they’ve done an excellent service. I used to drink various beverages and now I think the taste of the water is good because I don’t bother with anything else. And my shower, floors and everything that I used the water to clean is cleaner. I don’t have any residue whenever I shower. I stopped worrying about cleaning and getting rid of the different build-ups.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

I have a well and a water softener, and drinking the softened water isn't objectionable. However, I am in Door County where there's a high limestone quotient in our water. Although the water softener takes out most of it, when I would have a drink with some ice cubes in it and when I was done, I'd look in the bottom and there'd be some sediments. I remodeled my kitchen ten years ago and at that time, I bought one of Kinetico's RO systems. It lasted for six years and then stopped working. The good news was that my ex-wife was the only one who really used it much, so it wasn't high on my list of things to get done. However, my doctor suggested that I should start drinking some more water, and so I had to replace it. I called somebody at Aquarius, told them my story about how I was unhappy and asked what we could do. They said, "We'll fix you up. We'll reduce the price on our RO because we want you to be happy."

Setting up the appointment went very well once we decided to do it. However, I ended up having a number of things going on in my life, and the appointment got delayed because of me. When it was finally going to be done, I called and spoke with a lady named Marsha. This was on a Wednesday and she asked when I would like to have it done. I jokingly asked, "How about tomorrow?" And she said, "Can't do it tomorrow. How about Friday?" That was perfect, so she said, "The guy will be there right in the morning." And sure enough, he was.

The gentleman's name was Corry, and he and I got along very well. As he walked in the door and we ended up coming through the garage, the first thing he did was slip on booties over his shoes. The fact that they were concerned about my carpeting and keeping it clean and nice was a nice expression of their concern. The install would have taken half the time if I had just gone into the living room, sat with a book and left him alone. But he put up with me, talking to him and telling him stories. I've got the system mounted in a faucet and it provides a water fountain on my kitchen sink and my refrigerator ice maker. In the future, it may be expanded to a spigot outside on my deck. We got lucky that we were able to reuse a bunch of the plumbing that had already been done with the prior system.

My first one was a very good system, and I was very disappointed that it died after a half dozen years. The problem is that the valves in the holding tank go bad, and to replace the valves costs $600 to $800. That was one of the things that slowed me down. So, I started out with being happy with the system when it was installed, then very unhappy when that expensive system died. Aquarius tried to do a good job in saying they'd reduce the price a little bit trying to take care of my problems, but it still was a pile of money considering what I could do somewhere else. I'm happy with it now because I have clear water and ice cubes. I'm also drinking more water than I've had in the past, and my doctor is also happy with that.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kinetico?

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

We were building a new house and some people who I work with, as well as my sister, had Kinetico systems. It gave me great confidence in talking to people who actually had the systems. And I tried the drinking water and it was as good as any bottled water. We drink a ton of water and so we decided that it was an area that we wanted to spend the money in. We got a water filtration system and also a water softener from Kinetico.

Kinetico's sales person was able to come out within a few days, and he explained all the different options and we just built around what was most important and where we wanted the filtered water and it worked out great. They installed everything during the build and it's ready to go. The drinking water has been tremendous, and we use it all the time and don't have to buy bottled water anymore, so it's great.

One thing we have noticed is that around the sinks where the water splashes, there were white marks, which is an indication of the hard water. When I called and told them about the situation and my suspicion that maybe the water softener isn't doing what it's supposed to, they were able to give me a service call within a week and they came out to check it out. They could have done it on Friday, but we weren't available, so we just called two days ago. I was pleased with the response from and everybody I've dealt with has been great. I would tell my friends to definitely look into a Kinetico system. It's worth the investment.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

We didn’t think our water was soft enough. My wife was seeing spotting under our dishes and glasses, so we got a water softening system from Kinetico. Our friends spoke highly of it. I had researched Kinetico myself a little bit and even though they're quite spendy, it seemed like they're efficient in their use of salt in their back flashing process and they're probably the most efficient on the market. With them, it seems you're getting what you were buying. You were getting a good product.

It was easy to get an appointment to have them come out. And the rep that I talked to was very professional and very accommodating in setting it at the time we wanted and when we wanted. And the gentleman that called on us was really courteous. Salespeople are salespeople, but I didn’t think their sales rep was overly aggressive. I also like to call out on their office staff for following up very nicely. I had a couple of calls from a lady in the office to make sure after the installation that everything went well and we were satisfied with everything.

We had a lot of interaction with their installers because, initially, they didn’t want to install it the way we wanted to have it installed. Because we have a sprinkler system for our lawn and they wanted to install the system, so that it would include our sprinkler system as well. And we did not want that. And so, they actually had to call back to their boss in order to see if it was okay if they bypass that. But that eventually was cleared up and he did it very expeditiously and at no cost to us. From there the installation went really well and very cleanly after the initial problem with determining exactly how they were going to do it was cleared up. There was one guy initially that started the installation and he went about it in a very workmanlike manner and was moving along really well. And then, another gentleman showed up and helped him finish off the job. They did very good work.

Now our water is softer. It's working the way they said it would and the way it regenerates when it needs to. It doesn’t waste water by regenerating when it doesn’t have to. I like that option and I think my wife is really happy with her softer water and we're enjoying it. I would highly recommend Kinetico if they can get over the sticker shock of it because it's an expensive choice. I would not have bothered, but I think it's an effective process. And in the long term, it's very cost-effective.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

We just purchased a home and we were concerned about the plumbing and the longevity, and we understand that water plays a role in a lot of things in life so we wanted to get the best system. We like Kinetico's pricing and availability, plus the friendliness and concern that their reps have. Even until today they are still calling and wondering how we’re enjoying the system. We got a water softener and a drinking system for the sink, and they were installed within three hours. We’re drinking better water now and it's silky and rich. We also like to clean our cars with it.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

I was concerned about the water that the City of Roseville has and if it was safe to drink. I’ve always had a water softener and I was looking at Fleck because I had a Fleck at my old house. But I had been wanting to install Kinetico for a long time and my friend recommended it. I got a water softener and a purified water drinking system and I like the service where they deliver this all and they can put it in for me. And I only have to replace once a year. Everything went smoothly and was done pretty fast. I’m happy with the results. My dishes are coming out very clean and the water tastes good.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

We weren’t satisfied with our old system and it needed to be replaced. I'm very familiar with Kinetico, and we purchased a water softening system and a drinking water system from them. We wanted to improve our water here at the house, and we felt the most confident in this product. The rep was very professional and friendly. Also, the installer was very good. I brought him into the house, showed him the area and he did his work. He gave me a thorough explanation of what he did when he was done. We could immediately tell the difference. I can tell the difference when I'm washing dishes that the water is always soft. We have a lot of manganese in our water here, so we're eliminating that problem. I'm very happy with the product and I'd recommend them.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

We bought a cabin on a lake with very sludgy, dark water per our third-party inspector. We’re only 40 feet deep and we felt like we’re getting a lot of tap water. It smelled like sulfur but they said it wasn't. We joined forces with Kinetico to get a system to filter the water. Our inspector from Wisconsin area recommended them as somebody who fixes that water situation. We bought a water filtration that hits the entire house, all the pipes and appliances. Then we bought a secondary unit just for the sink.

The person in Minneapolis was professional and guided us along but the guy in the area is indicative of the culture in that area, too cabin-y. People work when the hunting and the fishing are not good and it was reflected in that. But I’m used to dealing with people like that. It was not a big deal. When they came, what they wanted to do didn’t make sense though. They wanted to take up my whole under the kitchen sink in a little cabin like that down while we put it over here. But he totally blocked in our water heater.

The next weekend, we had water heater and my husband brought that up. He couldn't get the water heater out. Then the water heater had problems with Kinetico in front so we put band-aid on the water heater. But when we have to replace the water heater, I’m not sure Kinetico is going to come out and move their entire unit. They’re independent and they didn’t want to partner in the whole thing. We spent $6,000 on the unit so I hope we weren’t taken for a ride. When they left, my husband and I bought these filters and the salt. We asked him what we have to do three times but we still don’t know. So in that part, they were really poor.

But the water is fantastic. During the inspection, the guy ran the hot water for 45 minutes and the place just reeked. The system took the smell out and everything is good. I can’t wait to drive up to Wisconsin and drink tons of water right out of that little spigot on the sink. It’s better than bottled, although I could have gotten a lot of bottled water cheaper. I paid a lot for that. That little unit is working hard though. They have a great product, but poor people.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

Kinetico had the most stars in the ratings as I researched it and they had better reviews, too. Setting up an appointment with them was seamless, and they came within a week. Their sales representatives were timely and they followed up. And the installers were knowledgeable and they did their job. They also did a water test for free before and after the installation of our system to prove that it solved the problem. I got a Kinetico 4040 water softener installed and it cured our water problem.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

My fiancé had Kinetico before and since I had iron in the water, I purchased a water system. Setting up the appointment went well and I took advantage of the free water test. The installer was great to work with. He answered questions that we had in a timely manner, and got everything taken care of and working properly. It's a great product and it definitely helps with the water.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

We had a very poor quality of water and my friends got trustworthy experience with water softeners so we got some including a drinking water filter. We got it from Kinetico because of their customer testimony and I was satisfied with the way they set up the appointment. It went very well. They just tested the water and set up a date. Our water is not brown anymore. Our drinking water tastes good and I don't have to deal with the water softener. The water is clear. I'm happy. It's only quite unfortunate that it's 20 times the price of any big boss competitor and I don't think just anybody could afford it. But I would still recommend it.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

We had some mineral buildup in some of our plumbing fixtures so we purchased Kinetico water softener based on the recommendation of the folks at Martin's. Their reps were very professional. They were on time, very thorough and very pleasant. I couldn’t ask for a better support. It wasn’t a hard sell. They did a water test when they were here. They took a water sample and put their chemicals in it, and they had the result. I had gotten quotes from other dealers with different brands and Kinetico did the job. It used less salt than the others, so we went that way. Their installer did a really good job. I was there when he was installing it and he was explaining as he goes and he cleaned up after. Since then, there has been a noticeable difference. We live up in a little rural area with well water and there's a different feel to the water. Kinetico is reliable and it works. I would recommend it.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

I have friends that have had Kinetico Water Systems and they loved it. Two months ago, we got a filtration system for our home from them and we love it. I had rusty water and now I can drink the water. It was a good experience. I recommend you get one. It's wonderful.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

I got a water softener and water treatment system from Kinetico as my old one went bad. I called the rep and they came out, told me about it and I bought it, then they installed it. They were good to deal with. I can drink the water now using their system.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

I had a water system from Kinetico in my old house which I bought twenty years ago. The one I had wasn’t up to my standards so I reached out to them again and bought two systems. Setting an appointment with them was easier now than the last one. Their rep, Amy, did fine. She came out and did something with the water. And, the installation was good. We had a few minor difficulties though. With the first system, there was a water leak in the right tank, and the second one, there’s a water leak in the filter. But they were able to take care of them. Basically, I wanted soft water and we achieved the goal. I have already recommended them and I would tell my friends to buy one too.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

Mike arrived at 9:55am for a scheduled 10:00am appointment, so he got off to a perfect start! He had a number of old pieces to take out and several new pieces to install but he was efficient and finished just about exactly the time he thought he would. He was very friendly and professional, explaining what he would be doing before he got started, and then what maintenance is required after he was done. He got a little help from another employee named Matt whose last name I didn't catch, who was also very pleasant and helpful. I couldn't be happier so far with our new filtration system or the Aquarius Home Services employees who put it in. Service with a smile!

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

There's a lot of farming around me and they use pesticides. I have a well so naturally, the well water has nitrates in it. Also, the water is hard, so I wanted to take care of that. I got a water filter for drinking water, a reverse osmosis filter, and then, a water softener from Kinetico. I got the water softener because it was cheaper if you get both of them. They sold me on that one, plus we also needed them both. Their reps were professional and they did their job like they should. I would recommend Kinetico to a friend. It's the best system you can get for your home.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

I have the water softener and the drinking water system from Kinetico. I liked not having to have so much salt go through your system. And then it’s very low maintenance. That’s the part I really like. Kinetico also checks the air conditioning in the spring and then the heating system in the fall. I’ve been really happy with the service guys that come out.

Every spring I go to the Kinetico thing that they have. They have a luncheon and then they have a special on the salts, so I was getting my salt in the spring. Every spring, they come to my house and change out the water filters. I’ve been changing them myself, but they were squirting water all over the place. Kinetico drains my water heater for me every spring also.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

We had a new construction home with well water and I wanted to make sure that we could prolong the use of all of our appliances. The Kinetico rep came, performed a lot of tests and explained the differences in the systems that they offered. He also showed the water quality. The installation team briefed me on where they were putting the water softener and what they needed. It's a great system and everyone was professional and knowledgeable.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

I purchased a Kinetico water softener and it's doing what I want it to do. We had rusty water so I wanted to get a different system, and I ended up going with Kinetico knowing that their products' quality is better and they're supposed to last longer. A salesman came down and did a free water test. And I was with the installation team the whole time, and everything went great.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

Where I live the water is really hard and horrible. The PSI was really high and I was having problem with the salt. I just bought the house about a year ago and I wasn't told anything. When everything just started falling apart, I called Kinetico. I called a couple of other people but Kinetico got the best estimate and then the people were great too. They have been really kind when I set up the appointment. The person that picks up the phone was fantastic. From the beginning, she was really kind and really tried to adjust to my schedule too.

I got a pretty good installer. His name is Gerry and he was fantastic too. He set up everything for me and showed me the products that they have. I got their water softener, water heater, and home water purifier. I did it one by one. It’s quite expensive at the same time, so step by step we started doing everything. Since having Kinetico, my water has been incredible. I didn’t believe it at the beginning because I was really a skeptic about it. I had other ones too and they were telling me that I was going to feel a big difference. I said, “No. I don’t think so. We’ll wait.” But when I finally got Kinetico, the difference is like day and night. Even when I take a shower, it's fantastic. I had a water pressure problem and I was getting 80 PSI of water pressure, and it was just eating up all the salt every time. Every time I put a bag in the water softener, it will just eat it up. So, they regulated the whole thing with me. They do a great job.

I’d totally recommend Kinetico. I had a problem with the heating system on Christmas Eve. It wasn’t turning on, and it was just turning on and off constantly. My house went down a minus. It was like 60 degrees at home. We were freezing to death. They came out without charging me anything. They cleaned up a few pieces, and then that’s it. I had a great experience Kinetico.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

Called on his way, showed up to my home when he said he would, used his own carpet, really appreciated that he went out of his way to protect my floors by wearing shoe covers, great customer service, didn’t feel pressured at all. Would recommend Aquarius Home Services and Kinetico to anyone.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

I had a lot of acid in the water and Kinetico put in a neutralizer for me. I was getting blue stains in the tub and that seems to resolve the problem, except I am still getting just a little blue spot under the spout. But the big part of the stain was gone. The results are great, everything is working good and the neutralizer took care of my problem. I also got a whole house filter and two water softeners from them. I would recommend Kinetico to anybody. I'm one of a handful that had terrible water, a lot of iron, sediment, and acid. If they can fix my water, they can fix anybody's water problem. Their system is wonderful and they should be your first call.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

When it was the schedule for Kinetico's sales team to come out they were very on time. We didn't even know the guy who came out was somebody that we knew because both of our daughters went to the same dance place. He was super polite the whole time and very informative. He was doing all these things and we only figured out that we kind of knew him until the end of the appointment. He was the same when we knew him and the same when we didn't know him, which was nice. Everybody else that has been in the house was super professional and very helpful.

The install team was equally as good. They very much walked us through the whole process. The installation guy really evaluated our set up and tried to make everything work the way I wanted it to. And then after the install was done I have questions about it and I was able to text back and forth with the installer and he answered my questions. So it was definitely better than most service calls that you have with general utility type work.

I bought an in-home reverse osmosis water softening system from them and then the under the sink mounted drinking water system too. We had one in our previous house. For the drinking water we wanted to make sure that that was filtered. We live in in an area where there are some contaminants in the water that aren't of concern for the state so it's also a precautionary thing. The water is extremely hard in our area so the Kinetico system definitely does the best job at softening and uses way less salt. With my older system I have to put 3 bags and for them it's like a bag every three months.

And I think the whole point of softener system was the clothes get cleaner with less soap and our skin is better because it's not so dried out from the hard water. Kinetico is not a cheap system but you definitely get what you pay for when it comes to water softening, the product and the service. And being that we bought two of these now speaks to the product and the company.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

Kinetico is installed, but we haven't hooked it up yet because we still don't have water in the house -- we are building a new house. However, we used to have a Kinetico water softener in our other house and we liked it. Our water tasted better, became healthier and it was really good drinking water. We must have had it for about 10 years up there, and maintenance was fine. We learned about it from my sister who had it installed down in Stillwater. We got the reverse osmosis and the water softener as we have hard water here and it has been tested. Setting the appointment and installation went fine. We will recommend it to anybody.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

We had high content of iron in our new well and a plumber recommended Kinetico. It was easy setting up an appointment with them and they responded pretty quickly. But I'm not real happy with the service in the end. The guy asked to sign something on his iPad and he said it was to show that he was here. I asked that he email it to me but he did not and he did not return the phone call either. They need to do a better job at following up. If they're as aggressive with the follow-up as they were the initial sale, it would be great. We purchased a water softener conditioning system and the water's not orange now but we still have some concerns. It's probably a good system but it was extremely expensive and I would tell others to shop around.

Kinetico response

Jim, Thank you for providing feedback about your Kinetico water system and your experience with your area Kinetico water professional. If there is anything we can do to improve, please contact us at customersupport@kinetico.com

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

We knew Martin Appliance was very reputable that's why we went through them and purchased Kinetico Water Systems from them. We got the drinking and softening and our experience with Kinetico has been good. Setting up an appointment through Martin was simple and the installation was done quickly. The installers were also very nice. We would recommend Kinetico Water Systems. People should try Kinetico and call them and see if it will fix what their problem is.

Kinetico response

Jakelynn, Thanks for letting people know of your positive experience with Kinetico and Martin Water Conditioning! We're happy that you're enjoying your new water softener and drinking water system.

Kinetico Company Information

10845 Kinsman Road
Newbury
OH
www.kinetico.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use