It's that easy Get a Free Quote
4.62/5
Based on 480 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Ready to improve your life with better water? Kinetico has a solution for you. With a variety of water softeners, drinking water systems and specialty solutions from which to choose, there’s a perfect option to meet your family’s needs. Kinetico water systems provide the highest quality water for drinking and everyday use. Visit Kinetico.com today to get a quote or schedule your water test, and start living a well-hydrated life.

Kinetico Gallery (4)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

510 Kinetico Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

Follow up service by Harold of Martin's Water Conditioning. As scheduled, super friendly, and like all of Martin's people, very efficient and knowledgeable. We elected yearly preventive service. This is our 2nd Kinetico System, and we always recommend Martin's and Kinetico to anyone who asks about our soft water system.

Get expert buying tips about Water Treatment Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

I looked up water system companies and it took a couple of years for me to make a decision of which I wanted to use. The Kinetico system was its own and it didn’t need electricity in getting it going. It also uses less water per waste water. I figured I’d try them and their representative came out quickly and accommodated the questions I had. He gave me information on how things worked and we went from there. The installation went well too. I had hard water and now it’s soft. One can definitely tell the difference. Kinetico's product and service are good. I recommend them.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018 Our water was hard. I bought a Kinetico water softener and the installation was great. The installer was very cautious with the installation, and he did a great job.

When the softener was first installed it, everything was a little bit off ratio. So, Jack came out, did a follow-up about six weeks after it was installed and it wasn’t even that long when he came back out, tested it, noticed that the water was still a little hard, and called for a service technician the following Monday. And now, everything seems to be perfect.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

A couple of years ago, I had a guy from Kinetico come out and was not impressed by him. He went on this long presentation about the water softener and RO and I wasn’t at that time interested in a water softener. So, I purposely stopped all my correspondence with Kinetico at that point. And then I waited until last year to reopen my inquiry with all the water softener companies. I called Kinetico back and this time I was able to get a different sales person.

I bought a water softener and an RO system from Kinetico. I notice that the water is soft majority of the time which my previous water softener was doing. However, the way that it is cycled out before was a little bit different. I had it on our system a long time ago and I have been buying bottled water for the longest time. I still buy bottled water so I can give it to guests but it’s a lot easier to have an RO system. I’m trying to figure out the cost of the filters compared to the amount of money I’m spending in bottled water, but I think the actual filter is gonna end up being more expensive rather than me just buying cases of bottled water from Costco.

I’d tell others to shop around. I’m still trying to justify whether this extra money is worth it. My friend bought one for about a $1000 cheaper through a different company and I said “Okay, I’ll be the guinea pig and buy us the more expensive one and then let’s keep in touch and see how happy he is with his and how happy I am with mine and we’ll go from there.” He seems to be extremely happy with it. One thing that he has which Kinetico doesn’t is this little display that tells him how many gallons of reverse osmosis water he had left and also notifies him as to when he needs to put salt in there. Mine just tells me once it runs out, I change the filters. So, this seems a little old school to me.

As for the whole sales experience, the sales person was great. One thing that I felt a little uneasy about was I had received some solicitation in the past from home shows and maybe even something in the mail and something posted on the website that offered a discount. But when I inquired about the discount, they immediately dismissed it saying it was either I already applied to the proposal they gave me or was not valid and there wasn’t any disclaimers or anything on the discounts I received. So, it seemed very grey.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

The old water filtration device that I had didn’t use any salt, so I figured something was wrong. My fiancé told me about Kinetico and one of the neighbors have it. Everything went real good when I set up the appointment and their people seemed very knowledgeable. We ended up getting the water softener and an RO system and everything has been working fine. The installation was fantastic and the guy who did it was fast and efficient. He explained some things to me, brought me out and showed me.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kinetico?

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

I purchased a water softener and a reverse osmosis system from Kinetico. I heard that Kinetico is a good company and I had a couple of recommendation. I just made the inquiries through the web page and I requested a quotation. I got the quotation, had a couple of discussions, and we fixed the price and then we set up the installation appointment. Since having the products from Kinetico installed, we have a good quality drinkable water and we feel a difference in our hair when we get a shower, wash dishes or glasses, and we have the option to cook our vegetables with good quality water.

Kinetico's products are not cheap but they're a good product. I was surprised when we had the appointment after everything was installed and the sales person told us that we do not have cold water in the kitchen sink through the system. And he gave us an explanation how the systems were installed so that nobody can really bypass the flow of the water coming into the house or to the kitchen. But, I didn’t get it completely and I was disappointed because that was mentioned only after everything was installed and not beforehand. So, it felt like they were skipping that information.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

We bought a house in June and it didn’t have a water softener in it so we were concerned with the water quality. We spoke with one of the reps from Kinetico at the home and garden show and we bought from them a water softener and a drinking water thing. Their sales rep was extremely professional and explained in detail their systems, the process and the cost. They also demonstrated the difference with the water purification system. They did an excellent job. We installed the drinking water and the water softener after we purchased the home and since the installation, we could tell the difference right away.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

I had a softener where I lived before. I lived only 27 miles from where I live now in Florence, Arizona, and the water there is extremely hard. So, when I moved here to Casa Grande, I just assumed. I bought a new townhouse and I paid the extra 500 for them to put in the softener loop in my house so I can get a softener system. I was looking up softener systems and everybody was telling me about Kinetico. I bought the whole softener system from them and it does my whole unit.

Setting up the appointment was good. They told me they were gonna be out here on Thursday at 2, and they were here on Thursday at 2. They explained in great detail about the system and the different options, and that was good. My husband wasn’t home at the time and they wanted his driver’s license for the financing. So, I e-mailed them and for whatever reason, somebody forwarded us off to Mountain America, the financing people, but nobody at the Kinetico office got that information.

I like Kinetico's product. The only thing is there seemed to be a lot of confusion. I had first financed it and I paid that loan off. But, they kept wanting papers. I had the financing through Mountain America and they were good, too. I had a hard time paying them off but somebody got that organized. I didn’t know that they do share branching and that I could go to a credit union here and pay them off. I tried to pay off the financing online and it doesn’t do that. I owe them close to five grand and it wouldn’t take that amount of money. So, finally, when I went through and got customer service, and they told me where I could go to write a check. Other than the paperwork, the product itself is great. I don’t regret to have and got it.

Since I got the system, when I'm taking a shower, it feels like I’ve already put a body wash. My skin feels really slippery. The water is so soft. It already feels like there’s soap when I haven’t used soap. There is a difference. It’s a very good system. One of my neighbors in one of the older units got a softening loop, but they didn’t put an outlet by the softening loop, and at this time, nobody could put a softener in because there was no electricity there. But, I like that Kinetico doesn’t need that. I don’t use that outlet.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

We have had our Kinetico system for 30 years and we were familiar and comfortable with it. When it ruptured a tank and it dropped all of its resin on the floor, we automatically replaced it. The young man who came was competent and knew what he was doing. The system was installed comfortably in a timely manner, so we were very satisfied with it. The whole thing was worth $4,200 and it was just very expensive. But everything is working fine right now and we're satisfied customers. We’d recommend Kinetico to anyone who's asking about a water softening program.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

The water in Phoenix is not good. We moved out here in 1977, got Kinetico a year later and have had it ever since. I have the whole house unit with the thing in the kitchen and filtration. I loved talking to the representative that was here. He was very knowledgeable, could definitely hold your attention and answered any questions we had. Installation was very pleasant as well. The guy was efficient, personable and great. He did his job and left. My husband and I both loved the system but he’s passed away. I moved and got a little bit smaller home and so now, I want to put Kinetico into this home as well. I also wish everybody would have the opportunity to try Kinetico. They would definitely want it.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

I started seeing calcium build-up everywhere and we were buying a lot of Sparkletts, but they kept on raising their prices and it wasn’t worth it. I grew up on an RO system in my dad’s house, so we wanted to give that a try. I called Kinetico and Chris came over and sold me on it. We had a water softening system but we bought the house two years ago and the system wasn’t set up. He showed me his and it looked like a lot less space, so I went ahead and got that too. We got the RO system and the carbon water softener, and the installation was good. They were quick about it. However, the guy that did it took my old system out but he left a mess with screws, bolts and washers everywhere. He didn’t care and he didn't clean up after himself. The mess was in my driveway and garage too. I swept it up because I didn’t wanna get a flat tire. But now our water is a lot better and softer.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

We had a Kinetico water softener when we first moved into this house. We bought the house in August and in February the following year, we bought a Kinetico whole house water softener. I heard stories about the hardness of water when we got the house and Kinetico only activates with the water flow. When the unit I had gone bad, I couldn’t afford to replace it at that time so Kinetico's rep told me to hold to it and it’s worth creating value.

I told the guy that I still have the softener hooked but it was not hooked up to the pipes anymore. He looked at where the old softener was once housed. I agreed for him to do it when he said that we can put the new system in there and it would work for me. The new system got installed quickly and I like it. When I called for repairs, they would tell me little secrets about saving the system. I recommended the Kinetico water softener unit to my parents.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

The water softener and filtration system installed by the builders of my house died. I sought a replacement and I got a whole-house soft water and reverse osmosis system installed by Kinetico. I called them up and their rep and I set a time. Their technician showed up when he was scheduled and he was a very polite individual. Kinetico is the way to go. They have a good system and great service.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

We bought this house a couple of years ago and it had a water system in it, but it wasn’t working. Having a water system was one of the things that we've been wanting to do. I wanted a better unit that didn’t take a lot of water and doesn’t take a lot of salt. We did some research on Kinetico and I bought the water softener and an RO system from them. I liked that their system didn’t have the timer and all the electric stuff on it.

The appointment with the people at Kinetico went very well. When the sales guy came out, he did a water test on the hardness of the water and then compared it to their drinking water. And then after the installation of their system, which went very well too, he came back two weeks later and retested the water. He made sure everything was working good. I was impressed with the whole process. It was quick as soon as he came out and did the demonstration, and we liked that. He scheduled for service which was supposed to be on a Friday but I told him that I work on Fridays, but Saturdays would work better for me. He then said that they'd have to see what they could do. They ended up making a Saturday appointment for me so I didn’t have to take time off of work for the installation. The technician that came out was great and he explained everything.

When we did our follow-up with the salesman, he re-explained everything. He came out and made sure the install was done properly and up to their standards. Since the purchase from Kinetico, the water feels a lot better and we can use less soap. We got rid of the water machine that we had, so we’re saving money with Kinetico's system. Also, we can drink water right out of the tap now. We have a little thing on the sink and they ran it to where it goes to the refrigerator, so we have good water in the refrigerator as well. If the power goes out, I have to worry about resetting the system since it winds off the water pressure. I put salt in it every couple of months and I'm good to go. Kinetico is great and their staff are very knowledgeable and we’ve talked to other people about them already. We’ve had three different water systems at three different houses and the Kinetico water system has been the best experience that we’ve had.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

Our neighbor had Kinetico's water softening system put in and she said she was really happy with it. That interested us and we decided to try it. We got filters under our sink, a little deal to get water and another this deal out in our garage. Their team member came and tested our water. The installation people came and they were very nice. Also, when we asked questions, they were able to answer. A month after installation, another guy came and we checked everything to make sure it was all circulating. Since having the system, everything has been good. My body and my head aren't itching that much anymore. Also, I had to put a bypass filter in the fridge so that the water from the Kinetico system would go through and our ice is now almost clear. It's a very good system.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

I had a water softener system installed in my home. One of the techs drilled a hole in my drywall and my dryer vent pipe, which could’ve lead to mold and other issues. I contacted Bob ** operations manager for resolution, we had scheduled at least 4 appointments for him to come out and check the issue. He was either late or a no show to the appointment, causing me a loss of income because as a business owner if I’m not providing the service I do not make any money. A repair guy was finally scheduled to come and again 3 days here with a loss of income because of the approval process he had to go through.

I’ve been contacting the company and seeking compensation comparable to the loss of income I incurred and no resolve. This whole process has been over a month and a half and had I known this was going to be the case I would’ve had this system removed from my home because it is not worth my time to deal with their incompetence.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

Our water didn't taste very good and my faucets, especially in the shower, were getting off caked up with what looks like salt. Kinetico's rep was a wonderful man and he explained everything to me. He had the brochure, let me looked through it and answered any questions that I had. I purchased the whole-home system and the reverse osmosis system from them and the gentleman that installed the system was fantastic. It was a little bit different than what they thought it was gonna be but still, he had a great attitude. It took a lot longer than he thought but he fixed it all up and got everything perfect for me. Since then, the water tastes much better and my skin is a lot softer. I also scraped all the gook off the faucets and nothing has come back. I'm really happy with it.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

I got a full house system from Kinetico and I am happy with it so far. People at work have Kinetico water systems and I set up an appointment with a guy I talked to when I went through a home show. He came out two days later and I got a free water test. The water where I live is very hard but since having the system I don’t have hard water stains on the glass and in the showers and there’s a difference with the soap and the shampoo. The unit I have purchased was a little under $6500 and if you can afford it, then get a Kinetico.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

The water where we live is really bad and hard. My husband had a Kinetico softener before at his previous place from his previous marriage, and he really liked it so we knew they are reliable. I called the person that handled our area and talked with him for a little bit. I set a few appointments with him and it was easy. He came out, did those little test and we talked about it. He's really cool, entertaining and confident with his product. We purchased a softener from them that got two little tanks, and it was expensive. Then they had somebody else come out to install it, and they were very good and polite. Since we got our system, there was a huge difference in our water. All the dishes coming out are spot-free. Our hair and clothes seem better and I'm really pleased with it. I'd highly recommend Kinetico and I'd tell a friend of mine that it is worth every penny.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

I recently had the second generation of Kinetico water softener and RO drinking water systems installed. The first systems were installed in 2002 so we received 16 years of excellent service. The two systems were showing their age and required an upgrade so we decided to replace. The products and service we received from Martin Water Conditioning has been top notch. Their attention to details, quality of the Kinetico equipment and expert installation and service is why we are return customers. They treated the installation process and our home as if it were their own. I would highly recommend them.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

The house we bought had a Kinetico system in it. We had it for 10 years. Then the system, for whatever reason, quit working. We had family in from out of town and I called Kinetico to come and service the system, but they wouldn’t come out to help me. We lost water on Friday. On Saturday, I ended up having to call an outside plumber to bypass the entire system. On Monday, I called Culligan and told them to come and replace everything. All we use Kinetico for now is just the drinking water and if it weren’t for the fact that my RO unit didn’t cost too much, I’d replace it, too.

Original review: July 31, 2018

Having a water softener helps with not having hard water spots and mineral deposits building up on piping and fixtures, so that led me into researching water softeners and filtration systems. I was referred by a family member that owned Kinetico Water Softener. They still buy it and they said it was great, so I went with Kinetico. I purchased a product from them about six years ago and my experience with the Kinetico team has been really good so far. I have had them come out only once since installing and they seemed to be super good to work with when they installed it. I believe that I get what I pay for with Kinetico and that they are reliable. From our previous experience with some other house that we've had in another different softener, it didn't go through nearly as much salt and it makes sense not to have to keep replenishing that salt if it's not needed, so it was nice to know that it was very efficient that way.

Original review: July 31, 2018

Our first house that we ever bought had a Kinetico reverse osmosis unit in it and we rented it from them then. Then when we bought another home and we had a Kinetico unit put in, they were very helpful and professional. We have a Kinetico water softener and a reverse osmosis unit. I’ve always had soft water and it really saves. I like KInetico because they’re here and I can get help. When I go into the store, the reps show me their new products and how it works and what not to do. Also, I can buy the maintenance and it pays for the service calls when they have to come out and do anything. Once a year, I usually have to have that reverse osmosis filter changed. It’s about $100 so it’s not anything big, and it is just normal wear.

I’ve got the Kinetico system hooked up to my refrigerator and it makes ice, and I love the taste of the ice a whole lot better than it used to be. Also, I use the water that goes through the refrigerator. It’s cold and it tastes good. I definitely see a change in water quality that way. And with the water softener, I use less soap. The water is easier on my clothes and hair and it’s better for my skin. I was raised on a farm where we had nothing but hard well water and I thought well water was wonderful. But now that I’m on city water, I've got reverse osmosis filtered water to drink and I’m well pleased. I was married for 38 years and we had a unit all that time. Kinetico has been a good product and it has paid for its use.

Original review: July 30, 2018

Since the water at three properties I have smelled funny, I've put in water filtration systems from Kinetico in. Their rep was excellent and I had a good experience setting up my appointments. I recommend this company.

Original review: July 30, 2018

We have a well that we get our water from and in our area, the water is very hard, so we needed a water softener. I asked the person that did the inspection before we bought the house what he’d recommend and he said that he loves his Kinetico. Kinetico’s rep came out and checked our water then made recommendations based on the testing. He was very professional, friendly, and wasn’t pushy at all. I’m very satisfied with Kinetico.

Original review: July 29, 2018

The Kinetico office staff in Twin Falls is very nice and accommodating. If they're not available, they call back. When we've ordered things, they've come promptly. However, we wish they had a local office. They have to come down from Twin Falls, which is 165 miles away. And they come on a regular schedule every couple of weeks, so if we have a problem, we have to wait until they come.

We have the whole-house water softener and then we have a K5. The installers came at the appointed time, were in and out of the house pretty quickly and were efficient and pleasant. The hard water was damaging our bathroom and kitchen fixtures, and we were concerned about having good quality drinking water. Now our fixtures look better and the water tastes great. We have to exchange the water softener filter every six months or so, but everything's fine. We've been very happy with Kinetico. We're in the process of buying a new house, and we're gonna take everything with us.

Original review: July 29, 2018

I purchased a new home and the area inherently has hard water. I needed a water softener. I’ve known Kinetico for a number of years and it was so easy to set up an appointment with them. The rep who came out was very professional, courteous and great to deal with. The gentleman arrived promptly, knew his product line and knew how to administer the free water test. The installation was professionally done too. The installers arrived at the appointment as scheduled. Kinetico provides a good product as well as great service. I would definitely recommend Kinetico to a friend or family member.

Original review: July 28, 2018

The water in our area is 19 grains hard. We got a system from Kinetico and it softens the water up. Soft water tastes a little different than hard water. Overall, Kinetico water system is a good product.

Original review: July 28, 2018

We were so tired of carrying bottled water into the house and we just couldn't do it anymore so we decided to get a water softener and an RO system. We heard of Kinetico on the radio and everybody said it was the best. We've had an older Kinetico system for over 10 years and we thought it was time to replace and upgrade it. The installers were very pleasant. The installation was great as well. It was quick. I'd definitely recommend Kinetico to others.

Original review: July 27, 2018

We had really hard water. When I saw that Kinetico was doing free water test down at the local Home Depot, I took some of our water and had it tested and the hard water was atrocious. We were off the charts. So I went ahead and got their water softener and they came out and put it in. That was six years ago and the results were instantaneous. All the scale, the cloudiness of the glasses and everything went away. Before, every three days we had to put a cleaning solution in the dishwasher to get all calcium buildup. We haven't done that since we had the system.

We also had an RO system put in and I love it as well. We use it for drinking, to make coffee and to make ice. And the ice comes out crystal clear. We don't cook with it because I figured the other system is good enough for that. The filter that we have in there is a 500-gallon filter and it would take us a year and a half to use it up. I go down to the store to buy the filters and the owner's son winds me up. He knows what we have. The last time we had the filters, I was busy and he swung by when he was headed home that night and he did it. Kinetico is really good to work with.

Kinetico expert review by Greg Chick

Kinetico Water Systems offers water softeners and reverse osmosis systems for your home. Kinetico was among the first companies to offer nonelectric, fully automatic water treatment systems. Kinetico’s systems are powered by moving water, which keeps your cost down for operation and repairs.

• Nonelectric systems: Kinetico’s water treatment systems do not run on electricity. They use the movement of the water they contain to power their own filtration systems. This process keeps operation and repair costs low.

• Free water testing and quotes: If you’re not sure if you need water treatment, you can schedule a free water test with Kinetico’s experts. You can also receive free quotes on any system you need.

• Water softeners: Kinetico has several different options for water softeners. From compact, simple systems to full systems for hard water.

• Drinking water filters: Kinetico has several different options for drinking water filtration. You can purchase a full filtration system or a smaller filtration tap.

• Specialty solutions: Kinetico also sells several different specialty solutions for water that needs filtering. Aerators and dechlorinators are available to help remove chemicals and minerals from your water systems.

• Best for: people interested in a nonelectric filtration system.

Profile picture of Greg Chick
Greg Chick

Water Treatment Systems Contributing Editor

Greg Chick has worked as an entrepreneur for over 40 years with a background in plumbing, irrigation, pools and water heating. He is a member of Green Plumbers USA, International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials and American Society of Plumbing Engineers. Greg works to educate residential consumers about quality plumbing products.

Kinetico Company Information

10845 Kinsman Road
Newbury
OH
www.kinetico.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business