4.69/5
Based on 260 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Ready to improve your life with better water? Kinetico has a solution for you. With a variety of water softeners, drinking water systems and specialty solutions from which to choose, there’s a perfect option to meet your family’s needs. Kinetico water systems provide the highest quality water for drinking and everyday use. Visit Kinetico.com today to get a quote or schedule your water test, and start living a well-hydrated life.

Read More Read More
Last updated: April 19, 2018

283 Kinetico Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 19, 2018

I purchased the Premier system for the water softener as we know that the water in this area is hard. Setting up an appointment was very easy and the Kinetico rep was very good. She was able to answer my questions. Also, the installation went very smoothly. Now our water is a lot smoother and better. Kinetico made a significant difference in our water quality and I would recommend it.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: April 17, 2018

I wanted to take advantage of sale for a water softener for my rental property. Sales staff very helpful. Nick answered all my questions and sought help from others when uncertain of the answer. My thanks to all who assisted me in my purchases. Thank you for a great experience.

Original review: April 17, 2018

I had very hard water before so I purchased Kinetico water system and R.O. Since then, our water seems to be good.

Original review: April 16, 2018

I’ve got a softener and the drinking water system from Kinetico. I've been using Kinetico for a long time and I've always been happy. Setting up an appointment with them was very easy. I've always had good luck. Their sales person was very professional and very knowledgeable. I ended up buying one unit and changing unit about two years into it. The one I have is the one that removes the chlorine from the water but I was curious why the guy didn't try to sell me the one with the better system first.

The new system is great though. The installation was fast and the installers were very professional. This was a new build home so I really never drink the water that's straight out of the tap. I always use the drinking system. I drink it every day and I cooked with it. Also, we've had a line run from the K5 to the ice maker. I've had it for 30 years and I've never had any problems with it. The drinking system was a bit more expensive than what you can buy commercially but I do like it. It's very easy to maintain and it works fine. The removal of the chlorine makes a big difference in the smell of the water. And it doesn't use electricity. So, that's what I tell people.

Kinetico response

We're glad to read you're enjoying your water, Jeff. Thanks for sharing your experience with others.

Original review: April 14, 2018

The two gentlemen who came to do routine service on our Kinetico system were very prompt, professional and courteous to us. They provided a very pleasant, timely and enjoyable experience. We would highly recommend Aquarius and their staff to anyone interested in a Kinetico system.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kinetico?

Original review: April 14, 2018

From initial water test, to picking out a system, to purchasing supplies in store, it has been an outstanding experience working with Kinetico. Friendly, courteous staff put you first all the time and I would, and have, recommended their products to family and friends. I look forward to keeping this unit for a long time.

Hi Gary!

Thanks for the glowing review and more importantly, for the opportunity to serve you!

Original review: April 14, 2018

Friendly staff. Quick professional service. Reliable equipment. Great tasting water. What more could you ask for? Call them and a friendly associate comes out to your home to test your water (or bring some to the store) and make recommendations on how to improve your water. It's that easy. My softener uses very little salt and turns my hard water into clean great tasting water.

Original review: April 13, 2018

As a fairly new customer of Kinetico, my experience has been exceptional—right from the start! My representative, the technicians, and the staff have been very helpful and very friendly. The best part of meeting this team is that they are all very knowledgeable in the products. I’m very confident that my water system will serve me well in years to come. Thank you Kinetico!!

Hi Dawn,

Thanks for sharing this experience!

Original review: April 13, 2018

It has been five months since we had our Kinetico Water Station installed, and the difference in the taste of the water (and things like coffee) is amazing. The system is quiet and we have had no issues at all. The leak detector even alerted us to a leak from our kitchen sink. I recommend this to all my neighbors!

Original review: April 12, 2018

Representative, Harold, from Martin Water Conditioning was very professional and effective in demonstrating the use and maintenance of our new Kinetico softener system. His information was well presented as were his answers to queries. I would highly recommend Martin Water Conditioning and their employees from whom we have received services.

Original review: April 12, 2018

Water softener installation was a quick, clean, and smooth process. Greatly appreciated the follow up call. Service advisor is very pleasant and willing to please. Highly recommend Martin's! Service is willing to give a good indication of time of arrival and will call you ahead of time to allow for working people to minimize time away from work due to home service calls.

Original review: April 11, 2018

Everything was done professionally and on time, no problems, Mike did a good job explaining the benefits of having the system. So far the system is performing well. Thanks for the service. Have a good day.

Original review: April 10, 2018

We had our first scheduled service today, 6 months after installation of a new water softener and water purification system. Everything went well, and the techs were great. They were very courteous and explained everything they were doing, as they were doing it. I would recommend a Kinetico system in a heartbeat!

Original review: April 9, 2018

Harold ** was a great salesman. He explained everything with the correct amount of detail and showed great examples of what the system could do to improve our water quality. I would recommend **'s water conditioning to anyone interested in improving their water softness, quality and taste. I was highly impressed with the speed of install by their tech as well.

Original review: April 8, 2018

There's very hard water here in the area. Also, it’s a new house that we’re dealing with and the refrigerator that we got for the new house didn't have a drinking water circuit on it. And so, we decided we'd get one for the sink. Kinetico was one of those that had the best option on Consumer Reports. And then, when we brought the rep out, it went great. We had some issues with where things are located in the house, and they did a really great job taking care of that with as little impact as possible. We did a reverse osmosis, softener and also a drinking station under our circuit. The water's completely different now. The hard water’s gone and everything's working really well.

Original review: April 7, 2018

Every faucet, water handles and sinks were encrusted with mineral deposits, and the water just tasted funny. I was over at Home Depot and one of the gentlemen that was connected with Kinetico was there offering free water tests. I had gone through a few of the other systems and one of the things I liked about Kinetico was that it wasn’t powered. There's no electricity to it which means that I don’t have to worry about something going wrong if I get a power failure. So, I purchased it.

The Kinetico gentleman came in and we had a fun time trying to find where we could put the water system in and hit the whole house. For some reason, when the house was built, water comes in from the street in front and goes all the way through the basement to the back before it bridges out because that's where the cutoff valve is also. So, if I get a broken pipe, I can't shut it off close to the front of the house as possible. It's only at the back of the house. But he did a really good job in getting it all set up. The only thing that I found out afterwards was that I got one of the last of this particular model. It doesn’t have the pre-filter station attached to it. Other than that, the water system has worked fine for me as well as the reverse osmosis. I got both of them at the same time.

Since then, when I shower, the shampoo and the soaps and everything suds up very nicely. They didn’t before so that tells me that the heart of the garbage is coming out of it. Unfortunately, I'm going to have to put some filter on it because the soft water is doing what it's supposed to do but I still have some lime deposits. They've moved their office space from one side of town to the other but other than that, I can get my softener and filters from them. They haven't disappeared on me. I've had that problem before with other systems wherein you buy something, and two years later, they're not around anymore. So far, I have recommended Kinetico. The people that I've talked to were looking for something but they didn’t really want to have to go with much money. But I pointed out to them that some of the things that they've got, that they've decided to go with is going to cost them more in the long.

Hi Sidney,

We're so glad to hear you are enjoying your water and water treatment products.

You have no worries on Kinetico closing. We aren't going anywhere!

Original review: April 6, 2018

Water Softener System Check - Trevor did a great job. Very professional, knowledgeable, and great personality. Informed me about my system, and about the new products to update. Would very much like to work with him in the future.

Original review: April 6, 2018

We got the reverse osmosis and the water treatment system from Kinetico. I just moved out here to New Mexico and I had a house built. I wanted to know what’s best for the house because I have hypertension so I needed something that gets the salt out of the water, that's for the reverse osmosis. And with the caking up of the water, I don’t want that to happen as well in showers and the water treatment system was recommended to me by the builder. He said Kinetico is one of the best.

I called their rep and the service was great. He immediately set up a date. We met him at the house and I went to their site as well. We talked and I felt very comfortable with him. The installation team was excellent. They put the system exactly where I wanted them to put it. Since then, the shower has been great. We stay so soft and my wife likes it. The service is great. However, I had an issue one time of calling in and the guy came right out and we got the wrong water thing. I broke the sink so we had to get the sink replaced. Their rep came right out and said, “Here, it’s working right as it should be working.” I figured it out so now everything’s fine. I would definitely recommend them.

Original review: April 5, 2018

Found bad o-rings & replaced them. In & out quickly. Professional & knowledgeable service techs. We have only lived here 2 1/2 yrs. This was our first service call. Found they did original install 18 yrs ago & were familiar with previous owners. Appreciated the free water test while here. Highly recommend them.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: April 5, 2018

Bought our unit BRAND NEW, after 1 month still had hard water. Called and had the sales rep come out to test the water and he confirmed it wasn’t soft. We are told we have to wait another week to get it adjusted. So we paid $2400 for this unit and after a month we still have hard water!!!! This is NOT customer service!!!

Hi Ron,

We are sorry to hear of these concerns. We have reached out to the management team of your local dealer for their review of the matter.

Original review: April 5, 2018

Jordan and RJ did a fantastic job of explaining our water issues and what they were doing. It is really nice that they show exactly what they’re doing by showing the filter they removed and why the water system is so good. They are very respectful and nice to talk to and deserve a big raise!

Original review: April 5, 2018

We installed the 2060 Whole House system. The system has cleared our iron problem. It is remarkable how well the system works. The technician/installer Brian was professional, articulate and knowledgeable. I heard about Kinetico through a recommendation from my neighbor. I would highly regard Kinetico as the gold standard compared to other water systems. Thank you!!

Original review: April 5, 2018

I work at NBA All-Star Pacers and Kinetico is a sponsor and due to name recognition, we went with them. I purchased a water softener for the whole house and a water filtration system which is underneath the sink. We've always had one but had gone out so we needed one. Since then, our water is a lot softer. We'd much rather have soft water to protect all our appliances and then the reverse osmosis on our drinking filtration for cleaner, healthier water. Setting up an appointment was super easy. Their rep was great. He was on time and very professional. He knew what he was talking about. He was in and out and didn’t take a lot of time, so the experience was good.

Kinetico response

Thanks for choosing Kinetico, Carl!

Are you gearing up for 2021?!

Original review: April 4, 2018

The water here in this city isn't that great. It's eating up my faucets. So, we had the whole house installed by Kinetico water system with the drinking thing. I've had one in the past but it was no longer working. I talked to Kinetico's rep and decided to purchase through their Brick and Mortar location. My interaction with their rep was good and informative, and the installation was excellent. Our water is definitely better now. I'd tell others to look into Kinetico too.

Original review: March 31, 2018

The young lady from Kinetico whom I spoke to wasn't knowledgeable nor very experienced with everything she was doing. Upon checking all providers, Kinetico's product still exceeded everyone else's. I liked that it had two different chambers and it could recycle any time, day or night and never without spools water. Their representative came back out and we talked about everything. I then bought a water softener and a filter under our sink from Kinetico. Since the purchase, our water has been a lot softer and it's amazing. The salt usage had gone down to a quarter of what I was using. It seems to be a really great product so far.

Hi Bobby,

Great news on your water improvement and salt usage. Thanks for letting us know!

Original review: March 31, 2018

I was moving into a house that didn't have a water softening system and I really didn't like the taste of the water. I'm a city girl and I did not know anything about well water. I just called Kinetico and Jonathan came and did a whole water test first. He said the water wasn't hard at all and it was just acidic. In order to fix that we have to add the calcium which will then probably harden the water. He walked us through three different treatment options and we picked one.

We got a water softening system and a system that incorporated calcium into our water. But at that point, we hadn't even moved in to the house yet. Two weeks later, the installer came and hooked everything up. It's been great ever since. The smell in the water is gone. It almost smelled like pennies have been soaking in water, before we got it treated. And it tastes really good. I'm hoping that the whole treating the acidity in it is helping our pipes 'cause that was what scared me and that was why we decided to definitely treat it. The guy told us what would happen to that actual pipes if we left it.

The installer also told me all the directions for how to clean up filters. But I was not paying 100% attention. So Jonathan came out for me when my husband was home and walked him through how to clean it all out. One time, we ran out of salt and I thought that the local store was going to be open on a Sunday but they weren't. All I did was text Jonathan and he called me right back, even on a Sunday. He told me where to go in the neighborhood and what kind of salt to get in the meantime until they open on Monday. He's fantastic. He always responds back and he never acts like it's a bother. He is always available to come in and test the water or tell me what kind of product I should buy. We've been very happy and I highly recommend Kinetico. They take care a lot of the local water treatment and they were very on top of what they were doing.

Original review: March 31, 2018

For my second purchase with Kinetico, I just contacted Kevin who I used previously. He came out, tested my water and told me what I needed, which was the same setup at my old house. It was really easy and at that time, they were running a promotion where they had the free RO system and I got that along with the whole house system.

We were in the new home for four days before they came out and installed it, and the team was awesome. They came in, explained how they were going to lay it out and approximately how long it was going to take, and did a phenomenal job. They also labeled everything and then they gave me a little bit of step-by-step on what I would need to do if something happened and then some things to look out for. What I like about the Kinetico Water Systems over it being non-electric was it's basically a four-set system. It’s also nice for them to have always been really good. If ever I had any questions when I go in there and buy filters, any of them have been phenomenal.

Original review: March 30, 2018

We have really awful water and our previous water softener wasn't doing the job, so we replaced it with a Kinetico. I was at work when they installed it, but they explained the system to my husband, and when I came home, it was installed. We've had it for more than a year now and when something went wrong on it, somebody from Kinetico came out and fixed it. And the water softener seems to be doing fine.

Original review: March 30, 2018

The old water softener that came with our house when we bought it had a constant leak, so we showed up on the water department's high usage list. It was a Kinetico so we replaced it with the same brand. We ended up getting a basic water softener and the reverse osmosis drinking system. The people from Kinetico was professional and knowledgeable. They came on time and did the installation really quick, which was good because we had a constant drip. They came out a day after I called them, and then a guy set up the installation two days later. It was seamless and I had a good experience.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: March 30, 2018

Our Culligan system needed to be replaced and my husband's colleague who had just previously purchased the same system told us about Kinetico. The rep sold the product well. He said we should never have any troubles with our water again. Also, the installation team was great. They were there for quite a while and they were able to answer questions and very knowledgeable. They walked my husband through everything.

The Culligan we had was from the previous owners and it was over 25 years old. We were just upgrading to make it more efficient and it had nothing to do with water hardness or softness. When my husband heard about this reverse osmosis, he thought that was the way to go, but it was just disappointing that we're having so many troubles with it. It is quite disappointing because we haven't even paid the system off yet. I warrantied that and thankfully, they're still honoring because they know we've had so many problems with it, but it's not what we thought we were signing up for. Our water has been worse. It's soft, and then it becomes hard. There's a high iron content some of the times when it comes. But Keegan, the sales guy, has been trying to make it work, and Jimmy, the guy that comes in and checked the system, has been doing a wonderful job. They're doing everything they can.

Right now, we have three bottles of water waiting for Jimmy to come and test. Sometimes it tastes like salt, sometimes it tastes like blood. What he said was it changes with the seasons if you're having troubles so that’s why it could go a long period of time. It was fine in the summer, then it was worst this winter. He's been out to our house several times. They're not quite sure why. The one time he came, our iron level was off the chart so then he tried and did things, and then the water got better. He switched the head out two times. He's very knowledgeable, and he's been very helpful in trying to accommodate it to make it work, but it's just frustrating. Around Christmas time, we went on a 10-day span where our water was hard and our hair was nasty hard when taking a shower. You can't even put a brush through it because it was so hard to manage.

Hi Denise,

We are sorry to hear things aren't going as expected. We'll reach out to your installer to see if there is assistance we can provide.

Kinetico expert review by Greg Chick

Kinetico Water Systems offers water softeners and reverse osmosis systems for your home. Kinetico was among the first companies to offer nonelectric, fully automatic water treatment systems. Kinetico’s systems are powered by moving water, which keeps your cost down for operation and repairs.

• Nonelectric systems: Kinetico’s water treatment systems do not run on electricity. They use the movement of the water they contain to power their own filtration systems. This process keeps operation and repair costs low.

• Free water testing and quotes: If you’re not sure if you need water treatment, you can schedule a free water test with Kinetico’s experts. You can also receive free quotes on any system you need.

• Water softeners: Kinetico has several different options for water softeners. From compact, simple systems to full systems for hard water.

• Drinking water filters: Kinetico has several different options for drinking water filtration. You can purchase a full filtration system or a smaller filtration tap.

• Specialty solutions: Kinetico also sells several different specialty solutions for water that needs filtering. Aerators and dechlorinators are available to help remove chemicals and minerals from your water systems.

• Best for: people interested in a nonelectric filtration system.

Profile picture of Greg Chick
Greg Chick

Water Treatment Systems Contributing Editor

Greg Chick has worked as an entrepreneur for over 40 years with a background in plumbing, irrigation, pools and water heating. He is a member of Green Plumbers USA, International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials and American Society of Plumbing Engineers. Greg works to educate residential consumers about quality plumbing products.

Kinetico Company Information