It's that easy Get a Free Quote
4.60/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Ready to improve your life with better water? Kinetico has a solution for you. With a variety of water softeners, drinking water systems and specialty solutions from which to choose, there’s a perfect option to meet your family’s needs. Kinetico water systems provide the highest quality water for drinking and everyday use. Visit Kinetico.com today to get a quote or schedule your water test, and start living a well-hydrated life.

Kinetico Gallery (4)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

544 Kinetico Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

We are very satisfied with Kinetico's service. Great prices and great customer service. We love our system. We had a hiccup and needed a technician. We received service the next day! I am a Realtor and I will recommend you for sure. And we recommend your company to our friends. Thank you.

Get expert buying tips about Water Treatment Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

My community had high levels of radon gas and other organic materials in their water so I contacted the people with the state to ask about getting materials to test my well. The test came back with very high levels of a lot of things. I did a little research on my own and Kinetico was the most complete service available. A lot of the other places did one thing and if I wanted something else, I had to go somewhere else. With Kinetico, they were a full-service deal in terms of dealing with the problems that I had.

Kinetico was flexible and really full of confidence about what I needed to do. They told me that they would be positive and I found the whole experience with them to be very positive. Three people came out with one guy who was clearly in charge. He has a PhD, very informative and easy to work with. He wasn't like some people who are very short when they're working. He would stop and explain what was going on. He would make suggestions about what he thought should be done as opposed to going in another direction and explained why. Everything about the experience with both him and the next primary installer was very good. They didn't mind talking and answering questions.

My wife and I have noticed that the water is much softer now. The drinking water is also much better. There's a very big difference between before and after. The radon gas high for us at over 20,000 units. Based on what we were told should happen, the system that's responsible for pulling the gas out is running as it should. Kinetico was out last week to take samples and they made it clear that if the samples weren't what they should be, they would be back out to address the issues. I would not hesitate to recommend them.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

I had concerns with mineral staining and car water spots. I did a Google research and met with a Kinetico rep and he knew what he was talking about. He was down to earth too. It seemed to me that Kinetico was a good fit and I bought the water softener series. The installers were great. The mineral stain has gone away since the system was installed. We also have the deionizer for washing cars and I noticed an improvement in that as well.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

Kinetico was installed in the house that we own and rent out. Our renters requested that we get a system for our house. They’re about to have a baby and they think the water was too hard and wanted it to be better for their baby. We live in a small neighborhood with its own well system, and we asked neighbors who they recommended. One of the neighbors had gotten Kinetico. We looked into them and it looks good. We got the whole house softener series and it was the most expensive option that they had. Kinetico's team seemed to know exactly what they were talking about. Our renters said the system is great. They have noticed a difference in the water.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

When we sold our home in May, we had to install a water system as part of our closing because we had such severe iron issues. I've always known that Kinetico has been a good company so we contacted a local salesperson. Greg came out and was awesome. He was very personable and extremely customer-oriented. If I ever had a question, I could just pick up the phone and call him. If he didn’t answer, he would always call me right back or answer his text messages promptly. I enjoyed working with him. In fact, we just moved to this house in June and we bought a second unit from him. The installers who put in the second unit were nice guys too, and when either installs were done, Greg followed up with us. He did a good job and he was genuinely nice. He should be given a raise.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kinetico?

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

We had hard water and, through a friend, we learned about Kinetico. We called them up and they returned my phone call, then we set up an appointment. I was talking to one of the owners, and he was very nice and he always returned phone calls. They did a free water test and that went as an easy process. I met their guy on site, took a look at it, and went over everything. They then installed a water softener with some filters on it. Now, we're still working on stuff, but it softened the water. Kinetico did a great job, they showed up on time and I had a fantastic experience. I’d tell my friends to use them.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

I had bad iron 'cause I'm on a well, and I had three people come out to my house for it. The first one forgot to water test it. The next guy came out but their warranty was only good for 30 days. Then I had Kinetico scheduled, and their guy Brandon came out and he was awesome. He was willing to look at it, and he walked me through everything. I told him I'm a visual guy and I wanted see what I'd be buying. He said, “I'm going to the warehouse tomorrow. I'll make you a YouTube video.” He actually made me my own video and sent me the link to it. He was very helpful. He did a very good job in not only selling me on the product, but also building my confidence in Kinetico.

I have every system that Kinetico sells. The installers were very accommodating. They had to drill in for the K5 and the sink faucet, and then they hooked up the water lines for the fridge. So far the K5 water is very good. It's comparable to the reverse osmosis type system that I have at work, so I'm impressed with that. Price-wise, it's almost double the price of what everybody else was telling me, but everybody else was electric and Kinetico isn't.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

My other water softener system went so I purchased a Kinetico Water Systems that lasted as long as the first one did. The lady that sold Kinetico Water Systems to me was good. But after I got it in, she promised twice to come and see it and she never did. She also said that she would get me something to test my water to know that it is getting softened but I didn't get that. I'm not very dissatisfied since we're all people, we all make mistakes and don't follow up sometimes. But I would feel better if she followed up on it right away. I called a Walcott in Janesville so one of their men came out and checked the water system out for me. I told him there was a cover that wasn't put on and I wanted to know if I had put it on right. Now, I don't have to check it and it seems it's giving me plenty of soft water. I had the little problems but I like my softener and I'm extremely happy that it doesn't use as much salt as my other one did.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

I had hard water in the new house that I bought, and Kinetico did all the tests and they recommended the water system that we needed. I went with their recommendation and the installer came to put it in. I've had the system since January and there's no more hard water.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2018

I moved into a new house which was on high manganese community water. So, bath water is brown and there is an odor to it. Somebody posted an ad about Kinetico in a networking group and I decided between them and Naturalogic. In the end, I went and bought a softener from Kinetico. Their sales rep was wonderful and very nice. The technicians were very nice as well and when they installed it, they drilled from the garage onto my crawlspace and cut an electrical wine. Then when they were tacking stuff up, they hit a ground line. Eventually, they made it right by sending an electrician out, but they installed on a Friday and I was without kitchen lights and exterior back lights to my house until Monday.

Also, it wasn’t until the next Saturday that the electrician came back for the outlet issue. It got fixed and all he did was pick electrical tapes to tape it up. Other than that, the electrician did not get alerted immediately about my issue on the outlet. After he left that Monday and I went to grind my coffee beans for the next morning and couldn’t, I texted him a picture of the outlet thing that was an issue. But he did not call me back until it was Thursday. But I sent the sales rep the same thing and followed up. And when I spoke to the electrician the next day, he said he just found out about it.

All in all, it took eight days to get everything fixed and the system itself cost me 4,500 which was what I paid Advanced Water. That was a hell of lot of money to go through. But after 4,500 flipping dollars, I have free salt for a year. And since I got Kinetico, the water quality is better. But the brown bath water is gonna be an issue for a while because of the hot water tank. The hot water tank is coated because it is the original one from 13 years ago. But that being said, my hair feels much better. It is no longer weird and corroded. It feels like hair again, so that is awesome.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

The water coming out of the spigot was closer to a drizzle than it was to a stream. I replaced the filter but that wasn't the problem, so I started researching to go to the next step. Our previous unit was a Kinetico. I called Kinetico and described the issues that we were having. I knew who their people were. They have been out previously too to try to remedy the thing. Thinking it was our old unit, we tried different things.

We then got a new RO unit. The RO water was hard on certain parts on the hook spigot and our RO unit is 20 years old, so we replaced it thinking that that was the problem and it turned out maybe it wasn't. Now, we are waiting for new parts to put into the spigot but they've been a little late coming and I’m still waiting. I like the fittings on the new unit versus the old unit though. The old unit had these O-rings that leaked all the time and I would never close underneath my kitchen sink for a couple of days after a filter change because I knew the thing was gonna leak. Several times I had to call techs back out to replace the O-rings. The new one works differently and it's a better design. We've had Kinetico for a long time and overall, they've been fine.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

After getting notices from Chatham County about the quality of our water, we looked into water softener filtration systems. We bought a water system, the hot water tank, and the cold water tank from Kinetico. The installation was very good and professional. They got it done and we were very happy. The quality of our water is better than before. We like it. The hot and cold water are better than bottled water. So, we enjoy it. We put salt in the water softener, and there are a couple cartridge filters we put in every now and then. They last for 18 months to two years. If we need to put the filters in or if they’re out here to do something else, we call them and have them put it in. Kinetico is a quality company. They showed up when they said they’d show up. They did the work and they charged the fair price. I have recommended them to friends.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

Kinetico sold the brand that I was interested in. They came out, we talked, and I got a water softener from them. It was pretty straightforward with their reps and they were easy to deal with. The installation was part of our package and they were very open to whatever time I was available to install it. And they covered the carpeting and everything with plastic so they wouldn’t mess it. They did a nice job. Also, the water has been a whole lot softer since we got the system.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

A family friend told us about LTM, a dealer of Kinetico water system products. I just moved into a new house and I purchased the water softener and the dechlorinator of Kinetico. My experience with the customer service was good. The reps answered any questions and met any needs that I had. The installers did the installation of the water system in the time that they said they were going to. Since the system was installed, I can sense a difference in the water when I take baths, but I don’t notice any difference with the drinking water in using the dechlorinator. Still and all, my experience with Kinetico has been good.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

We moved into a house that is on top of limestones and the water tastes really limey. I grew up with reverse osmosis and I'm a water snob, so I like water to taste good and it’d be good for you. My sister, as well as one of my friends, has Kinetico water filtration systems. They have done a lot of research, but especially my sister, and so I decided to buy what she chose. The Kinetico rep I dealt with was great. She was natural and friendly and she was able to inform me about what we needed to do. The installation team was great as well. Since having the system, our water has been very good. Kinetico is a good solution to know that you’re drinking safe water. You own a long-term solution and it's cheaper than buying bottled water.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

Our water heater blew up and slattered our basement. It was right around 20 years old or close to it and I’ve been told that when we get a new water heater, we should also get a new water softener. We learned about Kinetico online, made a phone call to them, and they came right out on the same day. Their salesperson, Kathy, was excellent and because of her, we ended up purchasing an electric water softener. Kathy sat down with my husband and I, and explained both the regular and electric processes. If knew somebody who had the regular Kinetico water softener, we might have gone in the other direction. But we didn’t learn from a friend until later and that is what they’ve for about 20 years. But when we bought from Kinetico, we were just sticking with what we knew best at that time.

So far, we’re happy with our new water softener. Also, our experience with their reps was very pleasant. I’ve returned phone calls, received all the information I ever asked for, and had emails. It was a terrific communication that I wasn’t getting from other people, which was also one of the reasons why we went with them. If my friends would ask me about Kinetico, I would tell them to go through Kathy. She’d tell them the real scoop.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

The water tastes great but the system itself is SO INFURIATINGLY DIFFICULT to deal with. Changing filters is a NIGHTMARE. I am not a plumber but I am capable of doing some things myself. The box that houses the filters is too cramped and the mechanism for screwing in the filters is a NIGHTMARE. Each time I try to do it myself, I end up cutting my hands all over, with a gallon of water all over the floor and my temper at the boiling point. Each time I've ended up having to call in the person who sold me the system. He has shown me how to DIY and I've watched videos on YouTube but the system is so badly designed that the only people who can change the filters are people who do it for a living. People like me, who try to do it once a year, will end up enraged.

Hi Peter,

Interesting feedback. We are sorry for your frustration and appreciate you taking the time to share this view point. We are not certain what you are cutting your hands on. The box could be made larger, but most people like products with compact designs that don't take up a lot of space in the home. Please feel free to contact us at 800.944.9283 option 2 or customersupport@kinetico.com any time for assistance.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

What a fantastic experience! From start to finish Great Water Company staff were grade AAA! Prompt response to email and phone calls. Showed up on time and performed a perfect installation. To top that off their office called the next day and to my surprise called back a month later to check on the product and if we were happy with the performance! I have used Kinetico in the past and because of that experience I came back when in need of a system for our new house. Thanks for a great product and superb service.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

I was told by the salesperson that I could transfer payments to a no interest card for 15 months. 3 days later when I was ready to do a transfer, he was unavailable for guidance. I ended up having to pay the money off all at once which I didn't plan to do. Also my salesperson promised to come to check the system on the installment day after installation. It has been 7 days & I have received no calls or visit.

Dear C Cayenne,

We are sorry to see your experience brings about this low rating. Have you contacted the sales person's employer, the authorized Kinetico dealer that holds the sales contract?

We are certain that they would appreciate the opportunity to address these concerns and regain your confidence.

You may also contact Kinetico Customer Support for assistance at 800.944.9283 or customersupport@kinetico.com

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

Your technician thoroughly inspected the water system and discovered three line leaks which were causing me to use more salt in the system than necessary. Subsequent water tests and explanations caused me to install a UV treatment system that was needed. I feel I understand my water quality because of the extensive explanations your technician gave. I am already recommending your company to friends.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

I live next to a dump and I was drinking the water for a long time. I started thinking about the contaminants that were in there. I sought some reports from the trailer park, which is not that far away, how bad the water was and I realized I’m probably on that same well. So I purchased a K5 from Kinetico Water Systems. I just went online and called the County. They knew that the water in our area was not good, suggested I get a water system and gave me the numbers of Kinetico, Callaghan, and another company. I called up the three and had them all come out.

Callaghan wanted to mount the system where it was easier for them when I didn't want it there. On the flip side, Kinetico was willing to do the installation of their system. Also, I liked some of the features of K5 drinking system from Kinetico. Since the water quality so bad, I had those extra filters. I figured it would be the one we’d keep for a long time. The installation went just fine.

When I bought the system, they told me that it would come with two faucets and a hook-up to the refrigerator for free with the price that I'd pay. They came and hooked-up one faucet, but they couldn’t hook-up the second faucet because it ran through the drywall. I was gonna custom do it and then have them come back to put it in. However, since I was gonna sell the house and move to a new house, I just had that one faucet installed. They said they’d move the system for free one time after I purchased it. After I found a new house, they said I had to pay 150 bucks for the other faucet. I’m upset because it was in the paperwork that I would get two faucets installed. I feel I should still have the right to have that faucet even though they didn’t install it because I paid for it. I’d like to use that in my new house when they move the system.

The K5 is a good system but it’s much more expensive than others and I only bought it due to the water conditions that I have. If I had a friend that wanted a drinking water system for city water, I would tell them to go with one of the cheaper ones. However, if their water is heavily contaminated, then I would recommend the K5. I also recommend it for a big family that's going gonna be drinking a lot of water. This system definitely has its benefits with how it uses the water pressure to pump it and you don’t lose any pressure. You can have a party at your house and have fresh drinking water for the whole time.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

So I love that the Kinetico system can remove iron and I did not need a separate device to do so. It saves a lot of room. The installer was very nice and went the extra mile on placing the brine tank in a place he wasn't sure was going to work. His work is very clean and presentable. It has only been in for 90 min and I can already tell a huge difference in our water quality and can't wait to use the RO system after the 2 clean out cycles.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

We should have been sold the K5 drinking water station, instead we were sold one year ago the A200 Drinking System. In our judgement we were misguided. The following are contaminants in our water supply. Our supplier is Del-Co Water Company Inc. Atrazine, Bromodichloromethane, Chlorate, Chloroform, Chromium, Dibromochloromethane, Dichloroacetic acid, Radiological contaminants, Total Trihalomethanes and Trichloroacetic acid. Source: ewg.org (tap water database).

The aforementioned list exposes my family to cancer, the Chlorate contaminate reportedly can be damaging to the thyroid. It was our intent to purchase this unit to address the increasing contaminates. The A200 Drinking System does not address the aforementioned contaminants based on Kinetico literature. We believe an exchange is necessary because we did not have the correct information based on our stated goals. It is important this matter will be addressed to our satisfaction.

Mark,

As you have confirmed, Kinetico Quality Water Systems of Columbus sold and installed your products.

Please contact their office at 614.920.7700. They are prepared to discuss the terms of your sales contract and the choices of product presented at the time of the sale and also available now.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

My other water system from Kenmore went out and I got Kinetico's water softener and reverse osmosis. After doing research, Kinetico is the better product to get, and I'm happy with everything it's supposed to be doing. A sales representative named Brian came out from Chandler, Arizona and gave us a demo. Then, one of their guys came out, installed it and explained the system before leaving. Brian came out yesterday and made sure everything's working good. Now, the water's soft and everything's going along good for us.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

We've had Kinetico for a long time. The last water softener we had, which was probably 23 years old, blew up inside so we had to replace it. Kinetico called me to set up an appointment and I told them what date was good for me. We set everything up with Jack and he’s very nice, friendly, and knowledgeable. We got a whole new house unit and the installer did a very good job. I tried not to be around him too much or bug him because it was hot the day that he was doing it. Jack will then be coming out on Monday morning to try to look at it and make sure that everything is working good. Everybody was fine.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

Since purchasing the Kinetico water system, my 3 daughters and I have been experience extreme loss of hair. I’ve had Kinetico come out twice and the representative told me that a lot of women complained about unruliness with her hair when using the Kinetico water system. Yes the water tastes great but not worth it!

Hi Sandra,

We are sorry to hear of your displeasure.

Water softeners are designed to remove calcium, magnesium and some dissolved iron from the water supply. They are tested and certified to meet NSF standards stating they do not impart any harmful materials into the water.

We cannot say what might be happening to your hair. Millions of people use these products with great satisfaction and having the hardness minerals removed to improve hair quality is often a selling point as there are no longer hardness minerals coating the hair.

Please feel free to contact Kinetico customer support for additional assistance at customersupport@kinetico.com

Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

We bought a water softener and a filtration system from Kinetico. We’ve always thought we needed a water softener. We just remodeled the house and while everything was new, we wanted to keep it that way. So, we became more seriously interested and then we called Kinetico because we heard they’re the best. Jack came and visited with us, and then called to come back. When we decided to do it again, he came back again just to make sure we got everything that we wanted correctly. A nice guy came and installed the system, and I like that he installed it with copper pipe and did a good job. Jack came back and checked on us again to make sure it was installed properly.

Our water feels better since we've had our system from Kinetico. We were concerned that it was gonna make us kinda slimy like the salt systems did, and it does not at all. Also, we’re kind of into coffee. We have an expensive coffeemaker and the filtration system has really helped with that because we get a lot of chlorine in our Tucson water. Overall, we paid for the best and we’re very happy with it. It’s well worth it.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

We used to have a larger two-tank Kinetico system, which coursed through some 30-some years, built in our home back in Missouri in '87 and it is what I wanted here. However, we couldn't get it when we built the house. We were happy with the other system we got then, but when the old tank sprung a leak and ran out, Kinetico's full-house water softener was what we got. The sales rep we dealt with was a nice guy, and he did what he was supposed to do and he did it. They've made the system much more usable, and it is very small in comparison to what we had before. I was surprised at the little container for the salt pellets. It barely holds a whole bag of pellets, but it is nice. It is the best system available. We like it.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

Follow up service by Harold of Martin's Water Conditioning. As scheduled, super friendly, and like all of Martin's people, very efficient and knowledgeable. We elected yearly preventive service. This is our 2nd Kinetico System, and we always recommend Martin's and Kinetico to anyone who asks about our soft water system.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

Kinetico came knocking on our door to test the water and then my wife and I said that we would get their system. We've had our first Kinetico water softener system for 20 years and when I called in to get a technician out, I spoke to the manager. He suggested that when they come out, we might want to consider the newer products they got now which use far less salt. He said that they would put a band-aid on it but if it rips off, then it's time. He was fantastic and so he definitely sold me on it when they came out.

The newer softener system went fluidly than the old one and the technician only had to make minor adjustments to the piping. About 2 months after the new system was installed, someone came out and tested it to make sure everything was going on right. He also spoke a little bit about the RO system, which I've been pushing my wife to get. She finally gave in and we got the RO system after that. We weren’t plumbed for any piping with the new RO and but the installation went smoothly too.

However, we had a little leak so I spoke to their repair department. The rep said that we had to wait 2 weeks for it to be fixed, which was unacceptable to me as that would mean shutting off my whole kitchen. So, we went back and forth and then I got a call from the technician named Joey. He was reaching out to me to make sure that everything was okay. I told him I got a leak in my RO system and he said that he was in the area so he would stop by. I also told him that I spoke to a rep who told me that a technician couldn't come out for two weeks and he said that he’d be the one to touch base with the rep.

In between that, the manager also called in and he okay-ed for Joey to come out. Joey wasn't the one who installed the RO, but he was the one that came out right away and made sure he was on top of everything. He was here for two minutes to fix the leak and he was fantastic. So except for the customer service I received at that time which I was upset with, Kinetico’s technicians are great.

Since using the new RO system, we don't buy bottled water anymore. We are already using the hydro flasks. I've noticed the difference as far as the taste. We also used to freeze up the water and when it starts thawing, it was first like a weird gooey instead of going straight back to the liquid. However, with the new water system, the water goes straight back to the water and better. The clarity is a lot clear and the ice cubes seem to come out a lot easier and faster from the automatic ice-dispenser.

Kinetico expert review by Greg Chick

Kinetico Water Systems offers water softeners and reverse osmosis systems for your home. Kinetico was among the first companies to offer nonelectric, fully automatic water treatment systems. Kinetico’s systems are powered by moving water, which keeps your cost down for operation and repairs.

• Nonelectric systems: Kinetico’s water treatment systems do not run on electricity. They use the movement of the water they contain to power their own filtration systems. This process keeps operation and repair costs low.

• Free water testing and quotes: If you’re not sure if you need water treatment, you can schedule a free water test with Kinetico’s experts. You can also receive free quotes on any system you need.

• Water softeners: Kinetico has several different options for water softeners. From compact, simple systems to full systems for hard water.

• Drinking water filters: Kinetico has several different options for drinking water filtration. You can purchase a full filtration system or a smaller filtration tap.

• Specialty solutions: Kinetico also sells several different specialty solutions for water that needs filtering. Aerators and dechlorinators are available to help remove chemicals and minerals from your water systems.

• Best for: people interested in a nonelectric filtration system.

Profile picture of Greg Chick
Greg Chick Water Treatment Systems Contributing Editor

Greg Chick has worked as an entrepreneur for over 40 years with a background in plumbing, irrigation, pools and water heating. He is a member of Green Plumbers USA, International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials and American Society of Plumbing Engineers. Greg works to educate residential consumers about quality plumbing products.

Kinetico Company Information