ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.65/5

Ready to improve your life with better water? Kinetico has a solution for you. With a variety of water softeners, drinking water systems and specialty solutions from which to choose, Kinetico has a perfect option to meet your family’s needs. Kinetico water systems provide the highest quality water for drinking and household use. Visit Kinetico.com today to get a quote, schedule your FREE water test or find your local Kinetico dealer and start living a well-hydrated life.

Kinetico Gallery (2)
View More View More

Kinetico Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

I've had experience with Kinetico for six years. I used them previously when I lived in a different house and then, we bought it last year. We have the water softener and the reverse osmosis. I didn't have the reverse osmosis before. I just got it in our house now. We were having hard water. Also, one of our friends always carries bottled water. She wouldn't drink any town water. So I thought, I would just go ahead and get that reverse osmosis, which actually turned out good because when we had flooding in the area this summer, the nitrate count was too high and you had to boil your water. But I didn't have to boil our water because it filters all of it. The reverse osmosis worked out great for us.

I was just amazed. I thought, "Wow. I can't believe I spent the extra money and it was really worth it." And then, I didn't have to spend the extra money to buy water. The town also supplies water to people, and it was a pain in the butt because I'm the manager of the KCs and if you wash your dishes, you have to boil the water. It was an extra chore.

It's all been great because otherwise, I would not have went back a second time. There was another water system in the area which was Culligan. I called them, left a message, never got a call back. I waited two weeks, I called again, never got a call back. The lady there said, "Well, I just take a message. If he doesn't call you..." That was not her fault. I understand. And I thought, I had money to spend. It was not like everyday somebody puts a water softener in. They never called me back. And I thought, if they can't even call me, just forget it. And with Culligan, you have to set a timer for it to soften the water or to run. With the Kinetico, you will have softened water 24/7, 365 days a year. You do not put on a timer. There are two bottles and when one bottle runs out, you start running on the other. Before you get to the bottom of that bottle, the other bottle is ready to go.

When they came and talked to me about it the very first time, I knew nothing. I had some idea about a water softener, but I didn't have the full spectrum of it, and they were very explanatory in everything. I was just amazed at their system and that you didn't have to set it on a timer or anything like that which I thought really made sense because otherwise, you'd set it at 2:00 in the morning when you're not using it. They've been great. We have recommended Kinetico to our friends who live on a farm and they have very hard water.

Get expert buying tips about Water Treatment Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

The customer service at Kinetico was excellent. They came out and answered the questions. I had looked at one other system and as I pointed on this to where I wanted it, right off the bat they said, "Well, that'll cost you extra, and it'll be this and this and this." And when I brought up that same situation with the Kinetico rep, he said, "Let's go ahead and see what you're really talking about, and let's see what it is that you really want." And on that basis there, they said, "Yes, we can do it. There's no extra cost." So, the way they approached it, the people that came out here were very knowledgeable. And it was not a sales job, it was more of a matter of very nice questions, answers, and the product.

The installation was excellent. The installers were here when they said they were going to be. It took them less time than they thought that it might, and everything has worked out very well all the way through. In fact, we've liked so much that there was a lady that lives about a block and a half away from us, and she came to me and she said, "How did you like it? And do you think they can do it the way that I want it?" I told her Kinetico can. She had three other companies come out and she wound up buying a system from Kinetico too.

We used to be more itchy, in the wintertime especially. It bothered my wife more than it did me. We felt kind of dry in certain areas of our body, and we never had that as a situation since we've had our Kinetico. In fact, we went away on a trip and when we got back, I had forgotten all about making sure that I had plenty of salt pellets in the Kinetico. And so, we were home for about five weeks and Patsy was saying something was wrong. She said, "I'm beginning to feel like I did before we had the new system put in. Are you sure you're doing things right?" I went downstairs, and sure enough, there wasn't a pebble or a little salt piece in there. And so, I came up and I added a bag of it. So, it was noticeable when we ran out of salt.

In some ways, Kinetico is more expensive. There's an ad on TV now and it says, "Always get other estimates, but always make sure that ours is one of the three, and I'm sure that you'll agree that ours is the best." Until people shop around, they don't realize the difference. And I wouldn't be at all surprised if they got in touch with Kinetico the very first, they would get a lot of information, but at the same time, they may not really realize the advantages of some of the things that they are talking about. We have told our neighbors about Kinetico. Some of the neighbors can afford it, but other neighbors had already installed and they had their own system.

Kinetico response

Thank you for the kind words, David. We always appreciate hearing stories from our customers. If there is ever anything you need from Kinetico, please reach out to our customer support team at customersupport@kinetico.com.

Thanks again,

The Kinetico Customer Support Team

Original review: Aug. 30, 2019

I got a water softener, a pre-filter, a RO system, a new pressure tank in the well, a new hot water heater, and the drinking water product from Kinetico. I got estimates and listened to the sales pitch and process and everything they had from about three different companies, and Kinetico was the one that I chose because of the quality of the equipment. And also, they packaged other things for me that I needed done, and they were gonna do it. I was gonna have some electrical work done and some plumbing work done just in preparation for these other guys to come in. So, they would take care of some of those other things.

They moved the pressure tank for me and gave me a brand-new hot water heater. It's a larger, better one that’s stainless steel. And I was also wanting to locate all of these things in a central location, which they did right there in the garage for me. And so, it's all consolidated and easy to work with, easily accessible, and everything is right there. And they gave me a good price on it.

Mike, their installation technician is like a fully licensed master builder. He’d built homes before from the ground up and knows all about everything he can do for building homes, but now, he just focuses on these watering solutions and all of the plumbing and electrical things related to that, and he did an awesome job, set it all up, and came fully equipped to do everything, and he was in in one day. He's got a lot of background. He's fully capable.

The water softener is good. I didn’t trust the water. I had bought a water softener system out in Powhatan where I lived before for four years, and I had a well system out there. This one here also has a well system. But out there, I had problems with the acidity in my water, and I had to end up doing an entire new plumbing on the house because over the course of time, the acidity had eaten through the copper pipes. And so, I had to put a water filtration system in. I hadn’t had chemicals to adjust the PH balance in the water. And so, the whole plumbing thing was redone there. So, I had a lot of interest in making sure this one was set up as soon as possible after I got in it.

As I started investigating, these guys came out and did all the testing and checked it out. They did a good job at it and I'm very pleased with the products I get so far. I went through about four or five cases of bottled water a month, and then now, I use this RO system, and all of our drinking water comes through there and everything else is operating fine.

Original review: June 1, 2019

I’ve had Kinetico since we moved in the house. I had the well in, and up and running, but we weren’t using it domestically. We were using it for building the house. When I moved in, we put a regular filtration system in and it was the only thing I needed. A friend of mine owns a pool company and he is right around the corner. He could test for everything and we had the water tested a couple of times and they were saying we have hospital-pure water. The only thing we had was acid, so we put calcite in the tanks and that kills the acid. The old system lasted 25 years and I’m really happy with that but we’ve been getting filled here in Maryland with dreadful water. So, what was happening was my well water was picking up more sand because I never had the issue until this year. It’s probably what killed my old system. I don’t know why we were picking up sand and he couldn’t figure out either because I’ve been using this well for 40 years.

Our water table here in Maryland is just crazy. I sent a picture to the Kinetico dealer in Severna Park so he could he see the numbers and names of everything that I had and he took it from there. He came out and he had everything with him. We tried to figure out the sand and he couldn’t figure it out either. I had a filter on it, but he not only replaced it but he put another filtration system in. They took out the old system, got rid of it for me, put in a whole new system. I got the two-tank with a water monitor on top and the gentleman who put in the new system was great.

The nearest dealer for Kinetico was in Pennsylvania and we had one that was closer but this guy came up from Severna Park, which is two hours away from my house and he lined us up with a couple other customers. He was apologetic because he put me at the end of the list because of his route and I said we were fine. He was very prompt. He even asked permission because he told me that it would be late in the day. I wasn’t sitting there around, waiting for him. He called me in the morning and he gave me an approximate time, which was understandable, because if he had trouble with one of the other ones, it would take longer. He was in touch with me the whole time. He did everything and I wouldn’t have done that unless he told me because he was just out there. He was friendly, very informative, talked to me and took good care of me.

Original review: May 2, 2019

The small towns around ours were finding amoeba in their water and were having Ebola advisories. It was never in our small town, but we were in the middle. Since I didn't want that to reach us, I decided to begin looking for water filtration systems. Aside from that, we were also having some water issues. I was very confused with what was on the market and I didn't have any testimonials.

I, however, have a common associate, Brian, and he told me about Kinetico. He is somebody who I've done business with. I also see what he's doing and I know that it's good. He wasn't gonna be involved in anything that wasn't quality and he was excited and enthusiastic about things. He asked me if I had any interest in getting a water system and if I had any complaints with my water. He then asked me to bring in a sample of my water the next time I was in town. He brought over a tester and showed me right before my eyes how I could have better water and how I can do a little better than what I was being offered by the city.

I got a water filter and one guy came to install the system. He was kinda odd, but he was nice. He knew filters. He however got very frustrated because when he originally came out, there was something he wasn't able to load onto his truck. He called his supervisor and he was trying to get out of the whole thing and to go and come back another day. That was the only time I had because I'm very busy on the weekends and so his supervisor told him that he was gonna meet him halfway and to get the installation done. He did. He came back.

Since having the filtration system, our water has definitely been clearer. We aren't a family who makes juices but I was challenged to do it by the representative. He told me that I would see a difference, and that I wouldn't have to use as much sugar and things like that. And it was true! It comforts me to have to use less sweetener. Also, now, I'm drinking my own water. Before, I was not trusting my parish's water and I was buying loads of bottled water and was spending so much money. I've brought water to other people and have told them that they should get Kinetico's system.

Hi Jackie,

Thank you for sharing your Kinetico experience. We truly appreciate hearing feedback from our customers so we can continue to improve the quality of our products and work.

If there is anything you need in the future you may contact us directly at 800.944.9283 option 2 or customersupport@kinetico.com.

Kinetico Customer Support Team

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kinetico?

Original review: Feb. 17, 2020

All went well! Everything explained, techs did neat and clean job. Arrived promptly, finished quickly, gave demonstrations of filter changes, etc. Cheryl and techs told us about salt sales and delivery options.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2020

I have to say that the experience was awesome from the first time I called to the job getting done. They called me to tell me that someone canceled and that I didn't have to wait to Wednesday. The tech came like he said he would and on the time he give me. The job took like 1 hour give some info and things to do. Also The sale guy was really nice and gave a lot of info on the system that liked so much. Now on the system it's awesome. You can feel the differences almost right away. It stopped the smell, hardness and the water taste is way better. No more buying bottled water or filters for the refrigerator. We love it and we recommend that everyone get one. It better for your family and for the environment.

Hi Francis,

Thank you for providing your Kinetico story. We really appreciate the kind words about our products and the service our dealer provided. If you have any questions or ever need assistance please let us know. You can reach our corporate customer support at customersupport@kinetico.com or 800.944.9283.

Thanks again,

Original review: Feb. 8, 2020

I liked the sales guy who came out and talked to me about the system. He had it installed and then he came out again this time. He pulled the filter out and it was muddy then he replaced it and the water turned clear again, so phenomenal. He always wants to make things right by me. He's fantastic and I can always rely on him. The water is much softer now with Kinetico and nothing's clogging up anymore. I recommended it to my neighbor as she needed to get her pipes done and it was having problems.

Hi Christine,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on Kinetico. We truly appreciate hearing from our customers as it helps us to improve what we do. If you ever have questions or need help, please let us know. You can reach our customer support team at customersupport@kinetico.com or 800.944.9283.

Thanks,

The Kinetico Team

Original review: Feb. 6, 2020

When inquiring about a drinking water system at Kinetico in Twin Falls, Idaho, all my questions were answered to my satisfaction. Kerry ** told me things about water I never even knew about. Very informative and friendly. Because of this information we decided to purchase from Kinetico. Service and installation went smoothly and no problems encountered.

Hi Ray,

Thank you for sharing your Kinetico experience with us. We are happy to hear that your purchase was educational. It is important for our customers to understand water quality and the improvements to water quality that a Kinetico system provides.

If you ever have questions, contact our customer support team at customersupport@kinetico.com or 800.944.9283.

Thanks,

The Kinetico Team

Original review: Feb. 5, 2020

JR offered excellent service. On time, efficient and helpful. Conducted annual service of soft water system, replace filters and cleaned up both the water system and the RI system. Check water pressure and determined that my pressure is too high. Offered a discount if pressure valve needed replacing. Have had our system for 6 years now and highly recommend.

Great news, Pamela!

Thanks for sharing your experience!

Kinetico expert review by Greg Chick

Kinetico Water Systems offers water softeners and reverse osmosis systems for your home. Kinetico was among the first companies to offer nonelectric, fully automatic water treatment systems. Kinetico’s systems are powered by moving water, which keeps your cost down for operation and repairs.

• Nonelectric systems: Kinetico’s water treatment systems do not run on electricity. They use the movement of the water they contain to power their own filtration systems. This process keeps operation and repair costs low.

• Free water testing and quotes: If you’re not sure if you need water treatment, you can schedule a free water test with Kinetico’s experts. You can also receive free quotes on any system you need.

• Water softeners: Kinetico has several different options for water softeners. From compact, simple systems to full systems for hard water.

• Drinking water filters: Kinetico has several different options for drinking water filtration. You can purchase a full filtration system or a smaller filtration tap.

• Specialty solutions: Kinetico also sells several different specialty solutions for water that needs filtering. Aerators and dechlorinators are available to help remove chemicals and minerals from your water systems.

• Best for: people interested in a nonelectric filtration system.

by Greg Chick Water Treatment Systems Contributing Editor

Greg Chick has worked as an entrepreneur for over 40 years with a background in plumbing, irrigation, pools and water heating. He is a member of Green Plumbers USA, International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials and American Society of Plumbing Engineers. Greg works to educate residential consumers about quality plumbing products.

Kinetico Company Information