4.61/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Ready to improve your life with better water? Kinetico has a solution for you. With a variety of water softeners, drinking water systems and specialty solutions from which to choose, Kinetico has a perfect option to meet your family’s needs. Kinetico water systems provide the highest quality water for drinking and household use. Visit Kinetico.com today to get a quote, schedule your FREE water test or find your local Kinetico dealer and start living a well-hydrated life.

Kinetico Gallery (2)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

Kinetico Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

The customer service at Kinetico was excellent. They came out and answered the questions. I had looked at one other system and as I pointed on this to where I wanted it, right off the bat they said, "Well, that'll cost you extra, and it'll be this and this and this." And when I brought up that same situation with the Kinetico rep, he said, "Let's go ahead and see what you're really talking about, and let's see what it is that you really want." And on that basis there, they said, "Yes, we can do it. There's no extra cost." So, the way they approached it, the people that came out here were very knowledgeable. And it was not a sales job, it was more of a matter of very nice questions, answers, and the product.

The installation was excellent. The installers were here when they said they were going to be. It took them less time than they thought that it might, and everything has worked out very well all the way through. In fact, we've liked so much that there was a lady that lives about a block and a half away from us, and she came to me and she said, "How did you like it? And do you think they can do it the way that I want it?" I told her Kinetico can. She had three other companies come out and she wound up buying a system from Kinetico too.

We used to be more itchy, in the wintertime especially. It bothered my wife more than it did me. We felt kind of dry in certain areas of our body, and we never had that as a situation since we've had our Kinetico. In fact, we went away on a trip and when we got back, I had forgotten all about making sure that I had plenty of salt pellets in the Kinetico. And so, we were home for about five weeks and Patsy was saying something was wrong. She said, "I'm beginning to feel like I did before we had the new system put in. Are you sure you're doing things right?" I went downstairs, and sure enough, there wasn't a pebble or a little salt piece in there. And so, I came up and I added a bag of it. So, it was noticeable when we ran out of salt.

In some ways, Kinetico is more expensive. There's an ad on TV now and it says, "Always get other estimates, but always make sure that ours is one of the three, and I'm sure that you'll agree that ours is the best." Until people shop around, they don't realize the difference. And I wouldn't be at all surprised if they got in touch with Kinetico the very first, they would get a lot of information, but at the same time, they may not really realize the advantages of some of the things that they are talking about. We have told our neighbors about Kinetico. Some of the neighbors can afford it, but other neighbors had already installed and they had their own system.

Kinetico response

Thank you for the kind words, David. We always appreciate hearing stories from our customers. If there is ever anything you need from Kinetico, please reach out to our customer support team at customersupport@kinetico.com.

The Kinetico Customer Support Team

Get expert buying tips about Water Treatment Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

I had a Kinetico system in 2005 in my previous home in Tampa, Florida and I liked it. The water was okay and everything was good. Then we had a home built out in the country across the state line in Georgia, across the river. I had the water tested and the guy said that it had a little iron in it. But another guy came out from another company. He checked it out and said that there was absolutely nothing wrong with this water, which I kinda already knew. I grew up here in the same spot at my grandparent’s old place. We have a deep well that's 188 feet deep and the water tasted fine. But it was a little rough. It may have had a lot of scale or calcium.

I had a new pump put in the well and I don’t know if the guy who did it disturbed something in the line but the water seemed to get more iron. Our master shower started getting a little more orange-ish. My wife was having to scrub the thing every two or three days. She said she shouldn't have to do that and that there was something going on here. Then we got the Kinetico system and now, it’s once every two weeks that you have to get in there and scrub a little bit, but not much. It’s a lot easier to clean.

The installation was easy as well. These guys hooked everything up. Two guys came out and wanted to run it in through my laundry room and down the drain into my septic. Instead, I suggested turning that line back around the other way, come back out the garage wall, come back basically the same way they were going in and put it out there in the yard somewhere. They had some concerns about the grass but I told them that I live in the country and I couldn't care less about the grass. Then they said that out of concern, they should send a word around to HOA. But I’m on five acres and I don’t have a neighbor so who cares? I guess they were used to hooking up around HOAs in Jacksonville.

There was also a slight stench of sulfur that sprung up though, and we still have that for some reason. I had mentioned it when I came in to CGC two months before and bought more salt. They instructed me to put a little bit of bleach in the salt bin but it really didn’t help a lot. The main office gal upfront also said that she would have some guy come back out and check it out. But I’ve never seen that guy. That fell through the cracks. But it’s not an emergency anyway. It’s a very limited stench. I really can’t smell it but my wife can. She’s just finicky. But other than that, it's all good. The water is definitely better than it was.

It’s not Kinetico's fault that the water has a little sulfur in it. I thought I paid enough money for this system though. This thing was $4,515 itself. The guy didn’t mention a whole-house reverse osmosis system though, and I thought about doing that. But they wanted $15,000 and I don’t know for sure if it would do what it’s supposed to do. So I got hesitant on that one. The money was doing the talking on that one. But all in all, the experience has been good. Kinetico does what they’re supposed to do.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

We had lived in Arizona and the water there was really bad. It tasted like chlorinated dirt water. We were at a home show in Phoenix many years ago and we saw the Kinetico water systems. We talked to different people who had different systems in their houses, but they were still not happy with them. We looked at Kinetico and tried the water that they had from the systems they had on people's houses there, and the water tasted fantastic from the crappy awful water that was showing up in our clothes, our skin and our appliances. So, we had a Kinetico system installed in Arizona.

After that, we moved to Virginia, but there was no Kinetico down at Central Virginia at that time. We whined and cried about it. We moved to Atlanta and there was no Kinetico at that time. We whined and cried about it. I went to Mississippi and there was no Kinetico there. We whined and cried about it, too. But when we moved here, we found out that there was a system available. We've only been here for a few weeks before they had the system installed. The water here in Huntsville is also really bad, so we purchased a water softener, a water filter system and a RO system.

Kinetico's sales representative was phenomenal. He was totally a people person and was extremely responsive. Not only did he walk me through my Kinetico system, but he has also helped me out with some other things in the house. He has met so many people in the area through his job that he has put me in contact with other services to assist me with things such as a useful handyman and a better plumber. He went above and beyond and was extremely knowledgeable.

The installation team was fantastic and they were another above and beyond team. We wanted to make sure everything was right. I started having some trouble with the RO system not working periodically and found out it was an operator error, but they sent somebody out right away to figure out what the problem was. My skin feels so much better and the water tastes phenomenal since having the system installed. We had the system put in with the RO that adds minerals back in, so it tastes like expensive bottled water like Dasani.

My scalp is horribly dry and flaky and itching like crazy. I get my hair shampooed and blow-dried. My scalp is awful when the place doesn’t use filtered water, but when they use the Kinetico, it really helps my scalp come back. In fact, I may end up having to switch to a different place or take a gallon of my filtered water with me because the water bothers my scalp so much. When I wash my hair at home, it starts to clear up. Kinetico definitely makes a huge difference in the water and what it does for the skin. I have already recommended them to friends and family members. My husband had gotten a Zero Water Filter thing other than the more expensive one from Bed, Bath and Beyond, but when we would take the water from the tap and run it through Zero Water Filter, there would be mini grains of sand in it and the little filter thing would wear out twice as fast as it is supposed to so that's how bad the water is.

If Kinetico wants to put me in a commercial, I'll be happy to do it because I really believe in the product. It is the second system we've had. I believe it's helping the people. People said that they looked into it, but it was expensive, but I said, "And so is dying or being sick or getting cancer." Kinetico also did a great job in hiring phenomenal people and I cannot say enough about the folks that I've dealt with.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

We have horrible water in Branson. It was hard and stinky, so they treat it with a lot of chlorine which was not good for my wife. So, we chose to soften the water and get something better for ourselves and for our pets to drink. I researched and it came down to Kinetico and RainSoft. Kinetico was more expensive but it was a good system and it was complete so, we got a water softener and a carbon filter. Wes at Air & Water Solutions was good to work with on getting the appointment set up. When he came out, he accepted the fact that our water was hard and it was not about what he can do but the stuff that has already been covered. He went through it all.

We had a difficult or an awkward installation because of the general configuration and he brought an installer in to go over it. He made sure that he understood what they would have to do and how they would have to do it before he got started and before we got contracted. It was one of his own employees and he had him here the next day. The two of them looked at things and measured them out to make sure they understood how they were going to accomplish what it was we wanted and if they could actually do it. We came to the conclusion that they could and they did it quite well.

For the first five months, the water was great. It was comfortable to bathe again and you felt clean when you were done. Then, after about five months, we happened to replace the water heater because it was an older one and had all the build-up in it. By taking all the chlorine out, we wound up with stinky water and so, we replaced the water heater. After five months, we wound up with stinky water again. We called and what it came down to is because we had taken all the chlorine out of the water through the softening, we were starting to get a little bit of a build-up. So, we wound up having to add an electronic anode rod to the water heater to take care of the problem that the chlorine had previously taken care of to deal with the odor. Since then, it has been fine but we wound up replacing just about everything in the water system.

As bad as our water is here, people should plan right upfront, when they do the water softener. If their water heater is more than a year old, they should go ahead and do the water heater at the same time and make sure it’s got an electronic anode rod because the chemical exchange anode rods aren’t strong enough with the water we’ve got. I would still recommend Kinetico. I’m very happy with what we’ve got going on now although it was painful to get here. It’s just people need to know upfront what they’re facing on this water.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

This is our second house that we put a Kinetico system in and I can't speak enough about the company that put the system in. About 18 years ago, our very first house had a well and what you could see everyday was literally gravel. This company is not even close to us. We had one in our town but we chose that company because they came to our house and sold us the same exact thing, and the person gave us the information and the pricing and told us to call him if we wanted. On the other hand, the others barely left our house without a check.

For the second house, we didn't even call anybody else. We had the same company and this is even a different owner now but Bill did the same. He was equally as nice and informative. We knew what we needed when we moved in and when Bill came in, it was a matter of being tested and also undersold. I wanted to be able to fill the tank, do the laundry and run the dishwasher at the same time. And he was like, "How many times do you do that?" But I wanted to. It's only my husband and I and one kid. But I have a large child, a son who likes to wear many outfits per day. Bill gave me many options, including a smaller version, and we went with a medium to higher approach. He was very pleasant and he gave me all the paperwork. Also, we knew the ballpark of what we spent in the last house and the ballpark where we thought we would be almost 20 years later was still comparable.

The installer was awesome as well. He even showed me the difference and how to work the machine. He was also the one who came out on a Saturday when there was a slight valve problem. He fixed it and although he could have never known, he couldn't have been more apologetic. In that respect, Bill has been nothing but helpful as well. Aside from sending the technician out, they gave us more peroxide. This stuff is not cheap and nobody ships it. I even drive out to Charlton for that. They're 45 minutes away and although I could buy my peroxide from someone closer, I don't since we're taken care of like that. We could not be happier. The girl who works in the office where I go and get my chlorine is fabulous too. I can't say enough about the three people that I have encountered.

When we bought this house, it was 12 years old and it had a filter but I'm almost positive that it was not a Kinetico. I couldn't fill my tub without it smelling and there's nothing worse than smelling like rotten eggs. The system wasn't large enough and it didn't filter that out enough. We got a dual-chamber product, which also softens the water. That has changed the showering and there is no more sulfur smell.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kinetico?

Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

We had hard water in the area and my son had eczema. We then had the RO filter that was the beefier one with chlorine removal feature on it for water softener. The system did not make the eczema completely go away but it definitely helped a lot with going to soft water. The installation was great. We noticed a major difference in the water pressure, however, and so we had to have them come out to adjust the water pressure. They increased the pressure from the house, and that helped a ton. The RO is great. But, in comparison to the water softener we have in the house that we have now, I am not sure how effective the Kinetico water softener was, if it was better than their standard electric water softener. It could be that I have grown grown accustomed to the feel of the soft water. But definitely, customer service has been excellent.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2019

We needed a water system. We got rust and a lot of iron in the water. Our Kinetico softener doesn’t really get it all either, but it’s doing a better job than the one I had before. I wish I could get a system that really worked, but I had never found one yet. I’d like Kinetico to get the rust out. There was a way to get it. The guy that put it in seemed to know what he was doing, but it’s still there. I’m still dealing with rust and I had to put chlorine in there to keep it from smelling. I’d like to be able to solve that problem. I use a way lot less salt with Kinetico, but it still hasn’t solved the rust problem. It was an improvement, but it’s not 100%. And if they'd get something better, I’d be interested.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2019

My girlfriend looked Kinetico up and she liked the product. We've had hard water and we got a water softener and a purifier as well. Working with the people at Kinetico was pretty easy. We just had the consult appointment, and the sales called, and they came out. We set up an appointment, and they came out and put the stuff in. Since using our Kinetico, I've noticed it's more clear when I pour a glass of water. I used to have like white stuff and chunks in my water.

Hi Dana,

Thanks for sharing your Kinetico experience with us. We are happy to hear our system is removing the white stuff and chunks from your water! If you need anything in the future, please let us know. You can reach our customer support team at customersupport@kinetico.com or 800.944.9283.

The Kinetico Customer Support Team

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

I've used Kinetico Water System for 15 or 20 years and I'm happy with them. They have provided the filtered water and I've had very few problems. Whenever I've had a problem, they've been very prompt in taking care of it. They came out, brought new equipment or fixed whatever the problem was.

Hi Paul,

Thanks for sharing your Kinetico experience with us. Thank you for being a long-time Kinetico customer. We always love hearing from customers that have been with us for many years. If you need anything in the future, please let us know. You can reach our customer support team at customersupport@kinetico.com or 800.944.9283.

The Kinetico Customer Support Team

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

We got a water softener from Kinetico. We didn’t have one in our house that we moved into. And the water here is really hard and with really high chlorine, and the previous owners just had never put one in. So, we needed one. Kinetico's sales guy was really nice and great. He was very helpful. We really liked him, and we felt that their system was the most efficient one for what we needed. We also had great interaction with the installation team. They were very clean, very quick, they explained everything, and gave us a tutorial. We like Kinetico. We’re happy with it.

Hi Tonia,

Thank you for sharing your Kinetico experience! We are happy to hear that our products have improved your water and the sales team and technicians did a nice job. If you ever need anything please reach out to our customer support team at customersupport@kinetico.com or 800.944.9283.

Kinetico expert review by Greg Chick

Kinetico Water Systems offers water softeners and reverse osmosis systems for your home. Kinetico was among the first companies to offer nonelectric, fully automatic water treatment systems. Kinetico’s systems are powered by moving water, which keeps your cost down for operation and repairs.

• Nonelectric systems: Kinetico’s water treatment systems do not run on electricity. They use the movement of the water they contain to power their own filtration systems. This process keeps operation and repair costs low.

• Free water testing and quotes: If you’re not sure if you need water treatment, you can schedule a free water test with Kinetico’s experts. You can also receive free quotes on any system you need.

• Water softeners: Kinetico has several different options for water softeners. From compact, simple systems to full systems for hard water.

• Drinking water filters: Kinetico has several different options for drinking water filtration. You can purchase a full filtration system or a smaller filtration tap.

• Specialty solutions: Kinetico also sells several different specialty solutions for water that needs filtering. Aerators and dechlorinators are available to help remove chemicals and minerals from your water systems.

• Best for: people interested in a nonelectric filtration system.

Profile picture of Greg Chick
Greg Chick Water Treatment Systems Contributing Editor

Greg Chick has worked as an entrepreneur for over 40 years with a background in plumbing, irrigation, pools and water heating. He is a member of Green Plumbers USA, International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials and American Society of Plumbing Engineers. Greg works to educate residential consumers about quality plumbing products.

Kinetico Company Information