Accredited Partner

Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.68/5
Learn More

Ready to improve your life with better water? Kinetico has a solution for you. With a variety of water softeners, drinking water systems, and specialty solutions from which to choose, Kinetico has a perfect option to meet your family’s needs. Kinetico water systems provide the highest quality water for drinking and household use.

Easily manage all your Kinetico products from your smartphone. Access owner’s manuals, maintenance schedules, warranty dates, and details from your phone.

Kinetico Gallery (2)
View More View More

Kinetico Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

I've had experience with Kinetico for six years. I used them previously when I lived in a different house and then, we bought it last year. We have the water softener and the reverse osmosis. I didn't have the reverse osmosis before. I just got it in our house now. We were having hard water. Also, one of our friends always carries bottled water. She wouldn't drink any town water. So I thought, I would just go ahead and get that reverse osmosis, which actually turned out good because when we had flooding in the area this summer, the nitrate count was too high and you had to boil your water. But I didn't have to boil our water because it filters all of it. The reverse osmosis worked out great for us.

I was just amazed. I thought, "Wow. I can't believe I spent the extra money and it was really worth it." And then, I didn't have to spend the extra money to buy water. The town also supplies water to people, and it was a pain in the butt because I'm the manager of the KCs and if you wash your dishes, you have to boil the water. It was an extra chore.

It's all been great because otherwise, I would not have went back a second time. There was another water system in the area which was Culligan. I called them, left a message, never got a call back. I waited two weeks, I called again, never got a call back. The lady there said, "Well, I just take a message. If he doesn't call you..." That was not her fault. I understand. And I thought, I had money to spend. It was not like everyday somebody puts a water softener in. They never called me back. And I thought, if they can't even call me, just forget it. And with Culligan, you have to set a timer for it to soften the water or to run. With the Kinetico, you will have softened water 24/7, 365 days a year. You do not put on a timer. There are two bottles and when one bottle runs out, you start running on the other. Before you get to the bottom of that bottle, the other bottle is ready to go.

When they came and talked to me about it the very first time, I knew nothing. I had some idea about a water softener, but I didn't have the full spectrum of it, and they were very explanatory in everything. I was just amazed at their system and that you didn't have to set it on a timer or anything like that which I thought really made sense because otherwise, you'd set it at 2:00 in the morning when you're not using it. They've been great. We have recommended Kinetico to our friends who live on a farm and they have very hard water.

Get buying tips about Water Treatment Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

The customer service at Kinetico was excellent. They came out and answered the questions. I had looked at one other system and as I pointed on this to where I wanted it, right off the bat they said, "Well, that'll cost you extra, and it'll be this and this and this." And when I brought up that same situation with the Kinetico rep, he said, "Let's go ahead and see what you're really talking about, and let's see what it is that you really want." And on that basis there, they said, "Yes, we can do it. There's no extra cost." So, the way they approached it, the people that came out here were very knowledgeable. And it was not a sales job, it was more of a matter of very nice questions, answers, and the product.

The installation was excellent. The installers were here when they said they were going to be. It took them less time than they thought that it might, and everything has worked out very well all the way through. In fact, we've liked so much that there was a lady that lives about a block and a half away from us, and she came to me and she said, "How did you like it? And do you think they can do it the way that I want it?" I told her Kinetico can. She had three other companies come out and she wound up buying a system from Kinetico too.

We used to be more itchy, in the wintertime especially. It bothered my wife more than it did me. We felt kind of dry in certain areas of our body, and we never had that as a situation since we've had our Kinetico. In fact, we went away on a trip and when we got back, I had forgotten all about making sure that I had plenty of salt pellets in the Kinetico. And so, we were home for about five weeks and Patsy was saying something was wrong. She said, "I'm beginning to feel like I did before we had the new system put in. Are you sure you're doing things right?" I went downstairs, and sure enough, there wasn't a pebble or a little salt piece in there. And so, I came up and I added a bag of it. So, it was noticeable when we ran out of salt.

In some ways, Kinetico is more expensive. There's an ad on TV now and it says, "Always get other estimates, but always make sure that ours is one of the three, and I'm sure that you'll agree that ours is the best." Until people shop around, they don't realize the difference. And I wouldn't be at all surprised if they got in touch with Kinetico the very first, they would get a lot of information, but at the same time, they may not really realize the advantages of some of the things that they are talking about. We have told our neighbors about Kinetico. Some of the neighbors can afford it, but other neighbors had already installed and they had their own system.

Kinetico response

Thank you for the kind words, David. We always appreciate hearing stories from our customers. If there is ever anything you need from Kinetico, please reach out to our customer support team at customersupport@kinetico.com.

Thanks again,

The Kinetico Customer Support Team

Original review: Aug. 30, 2019

I got a water softener, a pre-filter, a RO system, a new pressure tank in the well, a new hot water heater, and the drinking water product from Kinetico. I got estimates and listened to the sales pitch and process and everything they had from about three different companies, and Kinetico was the one that I chose because of the quality of the equipment. And also, they packaged other things for me that I needed done, and they were gonna do it. I was gonna have some electrical work done and some plumbing work done just in preparation for these other guys to come in. So, they would take care of some of those other things.

They moved the pressure tank for me and gave me a brand-new hot water heater. It's a larger, better one that’s stainless steel. And I was also wanting to locate all of these things in a central location, which they did right there in the garage for me. And so, it's all consolidated and easy to work with, easily accessible, and everything is right there. And they gave me a good price on it.

Mike, their installation technician is like a fully licensed master builder. He’d built homes before from the ground up and knows all about everything he can do for building homes, but now, he just focuses on these watering solutions and all of the plumbing and electrical things related to that, and he did an awesome job, set it all up, and came fully equipped to do everything, and he was in in one day. He's got a lot of background. He's fully capable.

The water softener is good. I didn’t trust the water. I had bought a water softener system out in Powhatan where I lived before for four years, and I had a well system out there. This one here also has a well system. But out there, I had problems with the acidity in my water, and I had to end up doing an entire new plumbing on the house because over the course of time, the acidity had eaten through the copper pipes. And so, I had to put a water filtration system in. I hadn’t had chemicals to adjust the PH balance in the water. And so, the whole plumbing thing was redone there. So, I had a lot of interest in making sure this one was set up as soon as possible after I got in it.

As I started investigating, these guys came out and did all the testing and checked it out. They did a good job at it and I'm very pleased with the products I get so far. I went through about four or five cases of bottled water a month, and then now, I use this RO system, and all of our drinking water comes through there and everything else is operating fine.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

I live on a farm, and the water that I had had too much salt in it to sustain farming or animals. It's a 16-acre farm that I have. The first year, everything that we planted immediately got killed. It was more salt than what was healthy and was causing health problems with my family as well. The only solution I had was a reverse osmosis system. I then had three companies whose people I had come out and give me different options. Kinetico had the most items that they would be putting in, which wasn’t necessarily what I did. But their financing also at the time worked out with what I needed, so I went with them.

Jeremy, the guy who installed the system, worked with me quite a bit. Even though there was the hurricane, and he had his own problems, he did a very good job. One thing that happened was that it was a new, quieter system that Kinetico had just bought, but I had an issue where it would run at half power and not really make enough water. Jeremy came back and took the one that I had and replaced it with a new one.

I had a lot of hurdles that had to be overcome, like the pipe inside it had broke, for which they came back and fixed that. It took me two months to actually get usable water. But there was never a time that I feel like things are not moving forward. It was not the most flawless experience ever, but never did I feel like it wasn't going to get fixed. And since using the system, the water has been clear and we don't have problems with our health or killed plants anymore. It was kind of a necessary evil. I have like 40 days left on my UV bulb, and all the recurring costs are not gonna be pleasant but I really didn't have a choice.

And then, there's this thing where Kinetico puts a sign out and then you get one bag of salt a month. I just let it go because it didn't really seem all that important at the time. But I realize now, a year in, that it's 12 bags of salt. I go through eight bags a month, just because I am on a farm and I use a lot of water. I've reached out to Kinetico a couple of times and my sales representative is yet to send me any of the salt or any of the things that was in my contract.

Original review: June 10, 2019

When I moved in to my house, I didn’t have a salt system. The water was having a sulfur smell. I interviewed a lot of water treatment system companies and they all gave me their pitch on what systems they recommend. Kinetico had the best warranty that I like because it covered everything. And if I’m gonna invest something, the amount of money and the amount what I expect the quality the product to have for a long period of time, I want the best warranty possible. Also, my neighbors and other friends of mine have Kinetico and they’ve all spoken very highly of it. So, I went off of friends’ recommendations as well.

Aqua Soft installed the Kinetico equipment, and then they sent me paperwork from Kinetico. But I didn’t have a good experience with Aqua Soft. The next day after they installed the equipment, water was leaking out of the salt tank connection. Aqua Soft called the next day to check on how everything was, and I went down into the basement to where the system is, and that was when I saw the water all over the floor and the actual dripping coming from the connection. I they hadn’t called and checked, I would never have known because I only go into that room periodically to refill the salt tank. So, I thank them for calling. But the big, tall, black long canisters where the carbon filter is were slanted. They weren’t straight up.

After arguing with the company to have them come out on that day because the water was actively leaking, they replaced the carbon tubes and fixed the connection. And then the next day, they came and took what they replaced those carbon tubes with, with the same black carbon tubes saying they had to make an adjustment. So, I said okay. Everything is working now but for three days, it wasn’t good.

I had other companies come in and they had to go into that room to get to my HVAC system. They made comments to me saying that, “Whoever installed this system, did it very shoddily.” There are wires hanging and things aren’t secure. I’m very apprehensive to call them back for anything, but I’m trapped with them because they’re the ones who installed the system. If I call anybody else, they’re gonna say they didn’t install it so it’s not their problem. But overall, the sulfur smell has diminished a lot since having the Kinetico system. There's no more rusting when I use my sprinklers outside. There’s no more rust coming and staining my house and my driveway. But when showering and washing dishes, I feel like things don’t get clean. There’s still a residue.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kinetico?

Original review: May 30, 2020

My experience with Kinetico has been fine. They were recommended by my plumber. They were very good when I made my purchase. It was very smooth. The rep came, did an evaluation, and then I ordered it and it was done very quickly. I was very satisfied. The issues that I was having was the effect of the water that I had, what it was doing to my appliances. Water heaters were breaking, that’s why I changed. So far, so good. It’s doing what I wanted to do.

Kinetico response

Thank you for sharing your Kinetico experience Sylvia. We are happy to hear that your appliances are protected from the effects of hard water. If there is anything you need help with contact us at customersupport@kinetico.com or 800.944.9283.

The Kinetico Team

Original review: May 29, 2020

4040 water softener and K5P RO purchase and install. I was unsure about whether to go with the Kinetico system or a Fleck system from a local plumber. I'm glad I went with the Kinetico. The quality is much higher with the Kinetico. I should mention that I had an existing Kinetico that was somewhere between 15 and 20 years and it still worked, so I knew the Kinetico was quality. Joey, the installer from Kinetico, was outstanding. He was very, very thorough and explained things several times, which I appreciated. I highly recommend Kinetico.

Original review: May 29, 2020

We got the entire water softener from Kinetico. We were replacing one that was breaking down at our house. The installation was fine. They did a great job. With our new softener, we like ease of maintenance and availability of treated water. The regeneration time is much quicker. The water's taste quality is much better, too.

Original review: May 28, 2020

After the Flint incident, I decided to have a water system. So far, it's been so great with Kinetico. I have one for the filter of the whole house and the other one is for drinking.

Original review: May 26, 2020

I have really bad water where I live. It has a lot of iron in it and it also has sulfur and odor. I got the K5 system and it was pretty simple to set up. It was easy. The team that came out was good. They walked me through the system. It's pretty basic. I couldn't drink the water before but I can drink it now since having the system.

Kinetico author review by Greg Chick

Kinetico Water Systems offers water softeners and reverse osmosis systems for your home. Kinetico was among the first companies to offer nonelectric, fully automatic water treatment systems. Kinetico’s systems are powered by moving water, which keeps your cost down for operation and repairs.

• Nonelectric systems: Kinetico’s water treatment systems do not run on electricity. They use the movement of the water they contain to power their own filtration systems. This process keeps operation and repair costs low.

• Free water testing and quotes: If you’re not sure if you need water treatment, you can schedule a free water test with Kinetico’s experts. You can also receive free quotes on any system you need.

• Water softeners: Kinetico has several different options for water softeners. From compact, simple systems to full systems for hard water.

• Drinking water filters: Kinetico has several different options for drinking water filtration. You can purchase a full filtration system or a smaller filtration tap.

• Specialty solutions: Kinetico also sells several different specialty solutions for water that needs filtering. Aerators and dechlorinators are available to help remove chemicals and minerals from your water systems.

by Greg Chick Water Treatment Systems Contributing Editor

Greg Chick has worked as an entrepreneur for over 40 years with a background in plumbing, irrigation, pools and water heating. He is a member of Green Plumbers USA, International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials and American Society of Plumbing Engineers. Greg works to educate residential consumers about quality plumbing products.

Kinetico Company Information