4.70/5
Based on 329 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Ready to improve your life with better water? Kinetico has a solution for you. With a variety of water softeners, drinking water systems and specialty solutions from which to choose, there’s a perfect option to meet your family’s needs. Kinetico water systems provide the highest quality water for drinking and everyday use. Visit Kinetico.com today to get a quote or schedule your water test, and start living a well-hydrated life.

A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Last updated: May 22, 2018

352 Kinetico Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 20, 2018

I needed a water softener at my house so I had gotten a hold of a water softener company out of Clare, Michigan that had good reviews. They happened to sell Kinetico products. A guy came out and showed me the products there that were available. He did the water tests and brought all the flyers and showed me the different types of water softeners that they had. I just wanted something good so I went by his recommendations and we worked on the price and it worked out well. The company came out, put the system in and left all the paperwork. If I had any questions, I can give them a call, but everything has been running smoothly. It's about as low maintenance as you can get as far as water softeners. Now, the shower water feels softer.

Get expert buying tips about Water Treatment Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 19, 2018

This is the second water softener unit I have purchased from Kinetico. I had purchased one at my previous property. Just love the none electric unit and uses so much less salt than my old electric unit. Also purchased a dechlorinator. The installer was very knowledgeable, organized, and on time. I can't say enough and will continue in the future to buy Kinetico.

Original review: May 19, 2018

I was retired and moving up to my cottage up north. We had a softener that took care of the softness of the water but it didn’t take care of tannins. My wife couldn’t do laundry in the house and going to the laundromat was a pain. I did a lot of research on people with water with the same issues I got and everybody seemed to be happy with Kinetico’s resolution of that.

The sales guy was also part of the reason I chose Kinetico. He came to the house and did the showing, and he was very laid back. There were no hard sales and the experience was very pleasant. I thought about it for about six months before I called him back and purchased the whole house system. He didn't try to sell me something I didn’t really need either. But I needed to fix my water and obviously I needed a guarantee so I bought it with a guarantee and it worked from the day they put it in. But it wasn’t cheap. Four thousand bucks for a water softener is a lot of money.

The installer was very professional and clean. The job took him about an hour and the water in the bathtub went from yellow to nice and clean in five minutes. I had to flush the line and that was it. Boom, done. When I get the supplies I need, there’s a place in Traverse City and there’s one in Gaylord. It just depends on which city I’m in, doing personal stuff. Everybody there has been very cordial in taking care of me. I’ve shared with other people that they’re taking care of my water and I’m trying to help sell another one for them.

Original review: May 17, 2018

We were very unhappy with the taste and feel of our water. Many neighbors here in Bridgetown recommended Kinetico, and we couldn't be happier with our purchase. Dennis ** came out and explained the system in great detail and made us aware of the upcoming specials. Installation was completed within the week, and our water is excellent for drinking and bathing. I feel healthier and my skin is much softer!

Original review: May 17, 2018

I work at Home Depot and had Kinetico come out and do a free water test at the store, then decided I needed their system. My interactions with their sales reps were all positive and the installation team did a great job. I got the two black tubes with a filter on it and was shown how it worked. Now, we don't have the staining in our toilets or the browning that they used to have.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kinetico?

Original review: May 13, 2018

We purchased a property and inherited some water softening equipment. Right from my first call, the staff was great - friendly and helpful. Scheduling was easy and the guys were on time and ready to go. Work was completed quickly, quietly, on schedule and on budget. They followed up as promised with the warranty transfer paperwork, and everything has been working wonderfully since. Couldn't be happier!

Original review: May 11, 2018

I was looking for a softener a few years ago and went online and saw what was available in the area. I got a Kinetico water softener for the whole house and then a year later, got a reverse osmosis. There was just one guy who did the installation. He came in, did what he was supposed to do and that was it. He knew what he was doing and I thought it was good. I'd recommend Kinetico.

Original review: May 10, 2018

The people were professional and the system seems good. The taste of our water was fine but I wanted to remove fluoride and other chemicals. This system is supposed to do that and Martin’s is a business that I trust.

Original review: May 8, 2018

My water softener had a bad smell. I called them. They were there that day to take care of my problem. I’ve been with them many years. Had great experience working with them. I would recommend them to anyone. Robertt is the gentleman that we dealt with. Very thorough. Does a great job.

Original review: May 4, 2018

I am very satisfied with my Kinetico service today. The technician was very polite and professional as well as knowledgeable about what needed to be done. The work was done efficiently and the explanations to me were more than adequate. I would definitely recommend this company and this technical to others.

Original review: May 3, 2018

I found the experience excellent from the initial consultation to the installation. The result was water that smelled and felt much better. I would recommend the Kinetico system to everyone. The system does not depend on electricity so it will work all the time. There are two tanks so when it backwashes you are not without soft water.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: May 2, 2018

Our water looks as bad as it did before your system was installed. The first install was installed wrong, so after a week or so they came back and installed it correct. Then every time it recharged itself we air in the lines so bad we had to turn faucet on for about 30 to 50 seconds to get air out. After 7 or 8 visits to fix the problem it's still not fixed, I called again Thurs the 26th and told them it's still not fixed. They said they would look into it and haven't heard back yet, today is the 2nd of May.

Hi Randy,

We'll check in with your installers to find out what is happening and get this functioning as well all expect.

Original review: May 2, 2018

We have hard water. Kinetico came and explained their products and when we decided to get something, I called them and some other companies. We went with them because they specialize in such things. We then got their water softener. They also offered us their water filtration system and we thought it would be good so we decided to get it as well. With Kinetico's system, water tastes better. Then, before, when I would wash my dishes, I could see that there was so many stuff on our glasses and now we don't have that. You could completely tell the difference. I'm super happy with Kinetico and I would recommend them.

Original review: May 1, 2018

After 26 years with our original Kinetico Water Softener with no problems at all, we purchased a new one - a model 2060/k5. Clint ** sold and installed the unit and he did an excellent job. Very thorough, knowledgeable, tidy, prompt and explained everything very clearly. We greatly appreciated his expertise.

Original review: April 30, 2018

These guys are great. I had trouble with my water softener as the unit filled up during a recycle event and did not shut off. It overflowed and caused problems. The technician that came was well versed on the unit. When parts were not readily available, he was able to switch out the unit and get me back to soft water. Made my wife happy!

Original review: April 30, 2018

Purchased my water softener from Martin’s Water Conditioning located in Myerstown, PA. I also had it installed by them. I was satisfied with their work, and they were very knowledgeable, answering all my questions to my satisfaction. The work was done professionally, and they removed all the debris. Afterwards they explained to me how the softener works and the recommended maintenance. I will recommend them to friends.

Original review: April 30, 2018

I had well water and it was very hard. I put out calls to other companies but they never called back and Kinetico did. John, Kinetico's sales rep, was excellent. He was very professional and nice. It was one person who installed the system and it went very well. He was very professional as well and he explained the whole system to me. Now, the water is definitely not hard. It doesn't take as much shampoo to take a bath. Plus, the water definitely tastes and smells better. I would recommend this company.

Original review: April 30, 2018

A long time ago, I bought a water softener system from Kinetico Water Systems to be able to filter out some of the chemicals from the treatment plant. I wanted to go with a good brand and I heard about them on the radio, plus they seemed to have a good reputation. Their salesman was very good and thorough. I went back to him for the second thing I purchased, which was the filtration system underneath the sink. The installation went fine. Moreover, they were good and courteous. My water is softer, clearer, cleaner, fresher and as far as the taste, it is definitely better. It does not have a chemical taste. I've been satisfied with Kinetico Water Systems.

Original review: April 30, 2018

We had another treatment system that we did not like as it was not doing its job. We had seen Kinetico at the county fairs and talked to them at different places where they were at the time. I have the whole house water system because I was concerned with our water and its smell. The sales rep explained everything and the installer was very good, too. They put different kinds of filters and salt on it. They were able to fix our water problem, and the water is now great. I'm well satisfied.

Original review: April 29, 2018

I had hard water before and it wasn't clean. It doesn't rinse out as well and creates hard water stains on both the bathtub, walls and inside sinks. During my investigations on a lot of companies, I found that Kinetico was a better brand more into helping the consumer and not just wanting to sell the product. Setting up the appointments and installing the water softener system were great experiences. When I’m taking a bath for that matter, the water doesn’t seem like a soap when you rinse out but it actually feels like it’s gone and not still staying on my skin. Same thing with my shampoo. And there’s no more hard water stain on my glass. You need to invest in this. It’s the best system I’ve ever had. It keeps not only myself clean, but all my household products. It keeps my dishwasher and washing machine all in operating condition. It doesn’t build up hard water inside of them.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: April 29, 2018

I had hard water and needed a softener. I have a very small closet and I can’t get a conventional water softener, so they had a softener that was very small and about the size of a computer face. The salesman came out and pretty much fed us the biggest line of BS that I’ve ever heard in my life. Everything he told us was a lie. We ordered a water softener and a drinking water system from Kinetico. I’ve had Kinetico out about three times after the salesman had sold it to us and because what he told us wasn’t true, we got stuck with it. We have a lifetime warranty on the softener but they charged us for coming out and fixing warranty items. The softener went out after about six years and the guy told us that these things only last five years. I told him that we have a lifetime warranty and he said that it’s only for the salt storage part of it.

Also, the salt that they said were for tubes. They were supposed to be blocked but they don’t sell blocks. They only sell those in Europe. This softener is for England with low flow water. Then the bladder on the water tank went out. A guy came by to repair one thing and I told him to look at that. Then they charged me $168 to have them come out and fix what was already warrantied. Then they sold me the wrong filters later which totally screwed up the water system and it was totally worthless. Finally, when this guy came out and told us that our system was screwed, I just went out and bought one from a home store with 360 bucks. It works better than any crap Kinetico ever gave to me. They just screwing people.

HI Dave,

We are sorry that we were not given the opportunity to assist before you replaced your equipment. We will reach out to your installing dealer for their history and to see if and where corrections are required.

Original review: April 29, 2018

Setting up with Kinetico was easy. I called in and they came out and assessed my house. The reps were very friendly. I got the highest end water softener and a water filtration under counter, and the installation was good. They had to get creative with some spacing issues that I had in my house, but they did a good job. I don't like hard water, but now it seems like the water is softer and more steady. However, I wondered if the system was working right, and there was no follow up from them to check on the system. That would've been helpful, especially 'cause it was pretty big. Overall it's a great product and I've recommended it to some people.

Original review: April 28, 2018

Kinetico did a fantastic job and came when they said they would. Two great men came and they were wonderful. It was the best experience I've had with someone who does water systems in a long time. I recommend them.

Original review: April 28, 2018

Kinetico's rep was very thorough. I learned a lot and was convinced that I wanted their product right away. I took a day off on the day of installation and waited about half an hour after I was told their installation crew would probably come. They had somehow gotten the day wrong. It was 9:00 in the morning when I called and they arrived by 11:30. The owner came out because he needed to pull the trailer as they were digging a French drain for me, so I got to meet him. He also brought me a year’s worth of salt at no charge and it worked out really well. They made a mistake but dealt with it and I had a great day. We have had their system for a month and a half now and it's great. My hair is softer and I can feel the dishes are cleaner.

Original review: April 27, 2018

We have had Kinetico water system for 4 1/2 Years. It has been the best purchase we have made for our home! Every Kinetico employee has been nice and very helpful. I would highly recommend Kinetico. I no longer drink bottled water, because the water taste much better with our new system.

Original review: April 27, 2018

Working with Kinetico was easy and enjoyable. The work was done quickly and professionally. The water tastes great and the entire family enjoys the service. We purchased a full house system so are now benefiting from better water in all our uses. Additionally, we don't have to worry about portable filters. Thanks for a great product!

Kinetico response

You're welcome, Robert! Thanks for leaving your thoughts about the service and products you received.

Original review: April 27, 2018

When we first moved to our current location, the water was so hard. Kinetico Water Systems was referred to us by a friend. My interactions with their representatives were fantastic. We got the whole house filter and under the sink from them. We got the fresh water for the sink and into the refrigerator. When we first had the water system installed, the first guy didn't do it well. So, we called and somebody else came over to fix it which was awesome. Since getting the system, it has been great and I've been loving the water out of the fridge. After having that, I can't use bottled water.

Original review: April 27, 2018

We live in El Paso and it’s a hard water area. There’s a bit of chlorine odor in the local water as well. We were also concerned with drinking water as well as for the appliances in the house and showering. I did some research for softening systems online and started looking at Pelican and others, then came across the Kinetico one. I liked what I read about it and the fact that it doesn’t require plug-in power to operate. It had a lot of good history behind reviews other people put on it. It sounded like a pretty bulletproof system and it sounded good. I called Kinetico Water Systems and they came over. I enjoyed the sales pitch. They spoke really good and it was a good product to me, so it worked out. I purchased a four-tank system with two doubles. It’s a softener and a chlorine filtration as well that can also be on the softener.

The installation was great. One guy came over and spoke to us about any changes in the initial plan. We thought he had to run a couple of extra tubes around for the output of the tank when it does its cleaning cycle. He talked to us about what he wanted to do and it all worked out for him. It was good communication. I love the water now with Kinetico System installed. It’s been great and almost completely maintenance-free. We put in a bit of potassium and that’s it. We take a look at it about once a week to put some potassium back in if it’s needed.

I appreciate the original salesman. He checked back with us after everything was installed. A month later he came back and redid some tests on the water. It showed us that we have the water that we have now. I appreciate them coming back and checking up on us and making sure it was all working well. I would tell my friends about Kinetico if they’re looking for a pretty bulletproof system that doesn’t go down, power goes up, doesn’t require any power to operate, and if they have water issues. I can’t see what else they’d be looking for in a system beyond what Kinetico’s offering. There are other ones out there and there’s nothing wrong with taking a look at what other products are out there, but everything is working really well with Kinetico. And from what I understand, it is gonna last a long time without clearly any maintenance.

Original review: April 27, 2018

I got a softener from Kinetico Water Systems. I liked that at the time, they were offering financing through Home Depot. Everything was good. I knew I would need a softener for the type of water that's in this area. It was kind of a brownish ugly water when we started and now, it's crystal clear.

Original review: April 26, 2018

We are very happy with the service provided by Kinetico. Very complimentary, sincere & efficient! He checked the water in the kitchen and found it was hard water. Also checked the filtered water and that was very good. Then he went to the basement to check the water softener. He changed the ring to soften the water more often. Thank you. We appreciate the service provided.

Kinetico expert review by Greg Chick

Kinetico Water Systems offers water softeners and reverse osmosis systems for your home. Kinetico was among the first companies to offer nonelectric, fully automatic water treatment systems. Kinetico’s systems are powered by moving water, which keeps your cost down for operation and repairs.

• Nonelectric systems: Kinetico’s water treatment systems do not run on electricity. They use the movement of the water they contain to power their own filtration systems. This process keeps operation and repair costs low.

• Free water testing and quotes: If you’re not sure if you need water treatment, you can schedule a free water test with Kinetico’s experts. You can also receive free quotes on any system you need.

• Water softeners: Kinetico has several different options for water softeners. From compact, simple systems to full systems for hard water.

• Drinking water filters: Kinetico has several different options for drinking water filtration. You can purchase a full filtration system or a smaller filtration tap.

• Specialty solutions: Kinetico also sells several different specialty solutions for water that needs filtering. Aerators and dechlorinators are available to help remove chemicals and minerals from your water systems.

• Best for: people interested in a nonelectric filtration system.

Profile picture of Greg Chick
Greg Chick

Water Treatment Systems Contributing Editor

Greg Chick has worked as an entrepreneur for over 40 years with a background in plumbing, irrigation, pools and water heating. He is a member of Green Plumbers USA, International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials and American Society of Plumbing Engineers. Greg works to educate residential consumers about quality plumbing products.

Kinetico Company Information