Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.65/5

Ready to improve your life with better water? Kinetico has a solution for you. With a variety of water softeners, drinking water systems and specialty solutions from which to choose, Kinetico has a perfect option to meet your family’s needs. Kinetico water systems provide the highest quality water for drinking and household use. Visit Kinetico.com today to get a quote, schedule your FREE water test or find your local Kinetico dealer and start living a well-hydrated life.

Kinetico Gallery (2)
View More View More

Kinetico Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

I've had experience with Kinetico for six years. I used them previously when I lived in a different house and then, we bought it last year. We have the water softener and the reverse osmosis. I didn't have the reverse osmosis before. I just got it in our house now. We were having hard water. Also, one of our friends always carries bottled water. She wouldn't drink any town water. So I thought, I would just go ahead and get that reverse osmosis, which actually turned out good because when we had flooding in the area this summer, the nitrate count was too high and you had to boil your water. But I didn't have to boil our water because it filters all of it. The reverse osmosis worked out great for us.

I was just amazed. I thought, "Wow. I can't believe I spent the extra money and it was really worth it." And then, I didn't have to spend the extra money to buy water. The town also supplies water to people, and it was a pain in the butt because I'm the manager of the KCs and if you wash your dishes, you have to boil the water. It was an extra chore.

It's all been great because otherwise, I would not have went back a second time. There was another water system in the area which was Culligan. I called them, left a message, never got a call back. I waited two weeks, I called again, never got a call back. The lady there said, "Well, I just take a message. If he doesn't call you..." That was not her fault. I understand. And I thought, I had money to spend. It was not like everyday somebody puts a water softener in. They never called me back. And I thought, if they can't even call me, just forget it. And with Culligan, you have to set a timer for it to soften the water or to run. With the Kinetico, you will have softened water 24/7, 365 days a year. You do not put on a timer. There are two bottles and when one bottle runs out, you start running on the other. Before you get to the bottom of that bottle, the other bottle is ready to go.

When they came and talked to me about it the very first time, I knew nothing. I had some idea about a water softener, but I didn't have the full spectrum of it, and they were very explanatory in everything. I was just amazed at their system and that you didn't have to set it on a timer or anything like that which I thought really made sense because otherwise, you'd set it at 2:00 in the morning when you're not using it. They've been great. We have recommended Kinetico to our friends who live on a farm and they have very hard water.

Get expert buying tips about Water Treatment Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

The customer service at Kinetico was excellent. They came out and answered the questions. I had looked at one other system and as I pointed on this to where I wanted it, right off the bat they said, "Well, that'll cost you extra, and it'll be this and this and this." And when I brought up that same situation with the Kinetico rep, he said, "Let's go ahead and see what you're really talking about, and let's see what it is that you really want." And on that basis there, they said, "Yes, we can do it. There's no extra cost." So, the way they approached it, the people that came out here were very knowledgeable. And it was not a sales job, it was more of a matter of very nice questions, answers, and the product.

The installation was excellent. The installers were here when they said they were going to be. It took them less time than they thought that it might, and everything has worked out very well all the way through. In fact, we've liked so much that there was a lady that lives about a block and a half away from us, and she came to me and she said, "How did you like it? And do you think they can do it the way that I want it?" I told her Kinetico can. She had three other companies come out and she wound up buying a system from Kinetico too.

We used to be more itchy, in the wintertime especially. It bothered my wife more than it did me. We felt kind of dry in certain areas of our body, and we never had that as a situation since we've had our Kinetico. In fact, we went away on a trip and when we got back, I had forgotten all about making sure that I had plenty of salt pellets in the Kinetico. And so, we were home for about five weeks and Patsy was saying something was wrong. She said, "I'm beginning to feel like I did before we had the new system put in. Are you sure you're doing things right?" I went downstairs, and sure enough, there wasn't a pebble or a little salt piece in there. And so, I came up and I added a bag of it. So, it was noticeable when we ran out of salt.

In some ways, Kinetico is more expensive. There's an ad on TV now and it says, "Always get other estimates, but always make sure that ours is one of the three, and I'm sure that you'll agree that ours is the best." Until people shop around, they don't realize the difference. And I wouldn't be at all surprised if they got in touch with Kinetico the very first, they would get a lot of information, but at the same time, they may not really realize the advantages of some of the things that they are talking about. We have told our neighbors about Kinetico. Some of the neighbors can afford it, but other neighbors had already installed and they had their own system.

Kinetico response

Thank you for the kind words, David. We always appreciate hearing stories from our customers. If there is ever anything you need from Kinetico, please reach out to our customer support team at customersupport@kinetico.com.

Thanks again,

The Kinetico Customer Support Team

Original review: Aug. 30, 2019

I got a water softener, a pre-filter, a RO system, a new pressure tank in the well, a new hot water heater, and the drinking water product from Kinetico. I got estimates and listened to the sales pitch and process and everything they had from about three different companies, and Kinetico was the one that I chose because of the quality of the equipment. And also, they packaged other things for me that I needed done, and they were gonna do it. I was gonna have some electrical work done and some plumbing work done just in preparation for these other guys to come in. So, they would take care of some of those other things.

They moved the pressure tank for me and gave me a brand-new hot water heater. It's a larger, better one that’s stainless steel. And I was also wanting to locate all of these things in a central location, which they did right there in the garage for me. And so, it's all consolidated and easy to work with, easily accessible, and everything is right there. And they gave me a good price on it.

Mike, their installation technician is like a fully licensed master builder. He’d built homes before from the ground up and knows all about everything he can do for building homes, but now, he just focuses on these watering solutions and all of the plumbing and electrical things related to that, and he did an awesome job, set it all up, and came fully equipped to do everything, and he was in in one day. He's got a lot of background. He's fully capable.

The water softener is good. I didn’t trust the water. I had bought a water softener system out in Powhatan where I lived before for four years, and I had a well system out there. This one here also has a well system. But out there, I had problems with the acidity in my water, and I had to end up doing an entire new plumbing on the house because over the course of time, the acidity had eaten through the copper pipes. And so, I had to put a water filtration system in. I hadn’t had chemicals to adjust the PH balance in the water. And so, the whole plumbing thing was redone there. So, I had a lot of interest in making sure this one was set up as soon as possible after I got in it.

As I started investigating, these guys came out and did all the testing and checked it out. They did a good job at it and I'm very pleased with the products I get so far. I went through about four or five cases of bottled water a month, and then now, I use this RO system, and all of our drinking water comes through there and everything else is operating fine.

Original review: June 1, 2019

I’ve had Kinetico since we moved in the house. I had the well in, and up and running, but we weren’t using it domestically. We were using it for building the house. When I moved in, we put a regular filtration system in and it was the only thing I needed. A friend of mine owns a pool company and he is right around the corner. He could test for everything and we had the water tested a couple of times and they were saying we have hospital-pure water. The only thing we had was acid, so we put calcite in the tanks and that kills the acid. The old system lasted 25 years and I’m really happy with that but we’ve been getting filled here in Maryland with dreadful water. So, what was happening was my well water was picking up more sand because I never had the issue until this year. It’s probably what killed my old system. I don’t know why we were picking up sand and he couldn’t figure out either because I’ve been using this well for 40 years.

Our water table here in Maryland is just crazy. I sent a picture to the Kinetico dealer in Severna Park so he could he see the numbers and names of everything that I had and he took it from there. He came out and he had everything with him. We tried to figure out the sand and he couldn’t figure it out either. I had a filter on it, but he not only replaced it but he put another filtration system in. They took out the old system, got rid of it for me, put in a whole new system. I got the two-tank with a water monitor on top and the gentleman who put in the new system was great.

The nearest dealer for Kinetico was in Pennsylvania and we had one that was closer but this guy came up from Severna Park, which is two hours away from my house and he lined us up with a couple other customers. He was apologetic because he put me at the end of the list because of his route and I said we were fine. He was very prompt. He even asked permission because he told me that it would be late in the day. I wasn’t sitting there around, waiting for him. He called me in the morning and he gave me an approximate time, which was understandable, because if he had trouble with one of the other ones, it would take longer. He was in touch with me the whole time. He did everything and I wouldn’t have done that unless he told me because he was just out there. He was friendly, very informative, talked to me and took good care of me.

Original review: May 2, 2019

The small towns around ours were finding amoeba in their water and were having Ebola advisories. It was never in our small town, but we were in the middle. Since I didn't want that to reach us, I decided to begin looking for water filtration systems. Aside from that, we were also having some water issues. I was very confused with what was on the market and I didn't have any testimonials.

I, however, have a common associate, Brian, and he told me about Kinetico. He is somebody who I've done business with. I also see what he's doing and I know that it's good. He wasn't gonna be involved in anything that wasn't quality and he was excited and enthusiastic about things. He asked me if I had any interest in getting a water system and if I had any complaints with my water. He then asked me to bring in a sample of my water the next time I was in town. He brought over a tester and showed me right before my eyes how I could have better water and how I can do a little better than what I was being offered by the city.

I got a water filter and one guy came to install the system. He was kinda odd, but he was nice. He knew filters. He however got very frustrated because when he originally came out, there was something he wasn't able to load onto his truck. He called his supervisor and he was trying to get out of the whole thing and to go and come back another day. That was the only time I had because I'm very busy on the weekends and so his supervisor told him that he was gonna meet him halfway and to get the installation done. He did. He came back.

Since having the filtration system, our water has definitely been clearer. We aren't a family who makes juices but I was challenged to do it by the representative. He told me that I would see a difference, and that I wouldn't have to use as much sugar and things like that. And it was true! It comforts me to have to use less sweetener. Also, now, I'm drinking my own water. Before, I was not trusting my parish's water and I was buying loads of bottled water and was spending so much money. I've brought water to other people and have told them that they should get Kinetico's system.

Hi Jackie,

Thank you for sharing your Kinetico experience. We truly appreciate hearing feedback from our customers so we can continue to improve the quality of our products and work.

If there is anything you need in the future you may contact us directly at 800.944.9283 option 2 or customersupport@kinetico.com.

Kinetico Customer Support Team

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kinetico?

Resolution In Progress
    Resolution response: March 27, 2020

The company has resolved the issue.

Original review: March 13, 2020

On June 24, 2015 we had purchased water treatment/filter equipment from Costco for our new construction residential home. The products we purchased were all Kinetico Products and the installation was completed by a Kinetico authorized representative which we hired through Costco. As per our invoice we paid a total of $6,542.70 after tax for the following products; (1) Kinetico 2060s Tannin Plus, (2) Kinetico Professional Installation, (3) Kinetico K5 Standard Drinking Water Station, (4) Kinetico Professional Installation, (5) Drill Hole on Granite, (6) Extra Sediment Filter, (7) Bag of Salt, and (8) Kinetico Designer Faucet (Chrome).

A water consultant authorized from Kinetico, came to our home and tested our water, advised us of what is typical in the surrounding neighbourhood, and gave us a report with his expertise on what we would require in order to have clean water entering our home. Only after the consultant's analysis and recommendation did he order the equipment and provide us with the work order. As per the consultant's diagram which he provided to us, he recommended that from the well the water should travel to a booster pump, then a pre filter, then a water softener, and finally through the UV light. It is important to note that even when the consultant tested the water he was aware that there was iron in the water.

We solely relied on the Kinetico authorized consultants' expertise as we assumed that a Kinetico authorized representative was educated and experienced enough to provide us with the necessary information and advice to ensure we have clean water in our home. Our current situation is that all of our water has hard minerals and iron flowing into the water. The water is undrinkable, has a foul smell, and has significantly damaged our bathroom fixtures. Our family is unable to properly wash our clothes or shower without a strong smell of iron and minerals due to the condition of our water treatment systems. We have been advised by another Kinetico authorized agent that our water systems need to be replaced due to the fact that iron has likely damaged each individual unit.

We have unclean water and are no longer under our labour warranty. I spoke with customer service from the above mentioned consultant's business and they advised us that labour to come inspect the issue would be $180. I spoke with the consultant and he advised me that the issue is likely the water filter and to change them from the prefilter. I advised him that I changed it two days before our phone call and changed it every month to a month and a half. He advised to change it again and that he will come and inspect our water, even though the filter was two days old. I complied and changed the filter again. So the consultant came to our home on February 20th, 2020 and inspected our water and changed the filter again.

I asked him why does the water come yellow suddenly almost sometimes a few hours after changing the filter to which he advised me that since the water is under a well and there is a lot of minerals and dirt in the well that's why sometimes the water will go yellow. I am not an expert in water treatment but in my opinion the water treatment is supposed to treat the water and make it potable and usable. We are not just supposed to accept that because we have a well sometimes the water will become yellowish and smell and that we should keep changing water filters on a hourly to daily basis. We had a second opinion completed by another Kinetico authorized business. On February 25th, 2020 we were advised that our water has significantly high amounts of heavy metals and that every single one of our water treatment equipment needs to be changed.

When considering water equipment for our home we heard amazing things about Kinetico and wanted to also share in this great experience but however we are unable to do so caused by this significant issue. Currently on March 13th, 2020 we are beyond frustrated. With the Covid-19 virus going around and business closing down - WE DO NOT HAVE CLEAN WATER. How am I supposed to ensure we have clean water to cook our food or keep us clean from any harmful virus? Just know right now due to this significantly slow correction from Kinetico me, my husband, and children all have to shower at the gym. Imagine that... spending so much money and time trying to get this issue resolved and still having to shower in a public place in the midst of a pandemic virus.

We also received a text today from the Kinetico authorized consultant which basically says - "I am consulting with the technical expert, please wait so I can get the best outcome for you." How long does Kinetico expect us to wait, we need answers now so we can take our next steps to getting this issue resolved with or without Kinetico's support.

Original review: March 4, 2020

When I bought my house, there was a rented system in it. I ended up buying that, but it was undersized for the house and went through a lot of salt, which was why I chose Kinetico. The people I bought it from installed it. I was thinking it would save me money on salt. I don't use nearly as much salt, but I'm still using more than I expected to. It goes through about 10 bags of salt every month and a half or two. It's not really saving me a lot of money. But I like that it just automatically does its thing and I don't have to do anything.

Original review: March 4, 2020

Kinetico's installers did well. They sent out everything to help us out. I had a water softener before but I looked at it as just a water softener. But I look at the Kinetico, the one that I have now, as being more reliable and worth the money. I like it. And I was told that if I put salt in there, it was not gonna slip down.

Hi Quinton,

Thanks for choosing Kinetico. It is our desire that your investment be thought of as the start of a long partnership in the treatment of your water and not just the purchase of a softener. We hope to be there for all your water needs.

Kinetico Customer Support
    customersupport@kinetico.com

800.944.9283

Original review: March 3, 2020

We had the reverse osmosis and water softeners in our last house. We built a new home and we wanted to have the water system here as well. We checked around and had a couple of bids on it and we decided that Kinetico was what we wanted. We had it at the other house too. Dealing with their representatives was very good. Since having the system, we have good tasting water. We're very happy with it and I've told neighbors to buy it.

Original review: March 2, 2020

We had an existing Kinetico system in the house and I didn't realize that it was 20 years old. We really like it. I live in Frankfort, Illinois and have really bad water, so we got another Kinetico system and I'm glad I did. The technicians came out and tested the water and recommended the system, and they put it in that week. I could definitely tell that with the new system, the water was much softer. I really like it.

Kinetico expert review by Greg Chick

Kinetico Water Systems offers water softeners and reverse osmosis systems for your home. Kinetico was among the first companies to offer nonelectric, fully automatic water treatment systems. Kinetico’s systems are powered by moving water, which keeps your cost down for operation and repairs.

• Nonelectric systems: Kinetico’s water treatment systems do not run on electricity. They use the movement of the water they contain to power their own filtration systems. This process keeps operation and repair costs low.

• Free water testing and quotes: If you’re not sure if you need water treatment, you can schedule a free water test with Kinetico’s experts. You can also receive free quotes on any system you need.

• Water softeners: Kinetico has several different options for water softeners. From compact, simple systems to full systems for hard water.

• Drinking water filters: Kinetico has several different options for drinking water filtration. You can purchase a full filtration system or a smaller filtration tap.

• Specialty solutions: Kinetico also sells several different specialty solutions for water that needs filtering. Aerators and dechlorinators are available to help remove chemicals and minerals from your water systems.

• Best for: people interested in a nonelectric filtration system.

by Greg Chick Water Treatment Systems Contributing Editor

Greg Chick has worked as an entrepreneur for over 40 years with a background in plumbing, irrigation, pools and water heating. He is a member of Green Plumbers USA, International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials and American Society of Plumbing Engineers. Greg works to educate residential consumers about quality plumbing products.

Kinetico Company Information