It's that easy Get a Free Quote
4.60/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Ready to improve your life with better water? Kinetico has a solution for you. With a variety of water softeners, drinking water systems and specialty solutions from which to choose, there’s a perfect option to meet your family’s needs. Kinetico water systems provide the highest quality water for drinking and everyday use. Visit Kinetico.com today to get a quote or schedule your water test, and start living a well-hydrated life.

Kinetico Gallery (4)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

734 Kinetico Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

We bought a house and it has well water with a lot of sediment in it. We had Culligan before and we weren't happy with it so we thought we'd try something else. We knew that Pettyjohn's was good and so we went to them and we got a Kinetico water softener. The rep we worked with, Dustin, was very informative and helpful. He answered all our questions and did everything upright. He was also the one who installed the unit and he walked us through how to use it. He made sure that we understood what was going on. Since we've had the system, there has been no sediment in our water and it has been very soft. We've been using a small amount of soap and it's wonderful. I've already recommended Kinetico to other people.

Get expert buying tips about Water Treatment Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

Kinetico Water Systems is the best water softener in reverse osmosis. All their equipment is top-notch. I never had any problem or had very few problems with any of their equipment. I know some companies, they'll sell Kinetico and then they'll sell a cheaper brand. I sell strictly Kinetico because that's how I make my mark in my market. The quality of their equipment is the best. Hardness, iron, and the Hydrogen sulfide smell are the big concerns around our area. And then, we can make the drinking water with the reverse osmosis better than a lot of the bottled waters out there.

Kinetico's service department is awesome. When I order something, I get it four or five days. They're from Ohio and I'm in Montana, but I never had any problem with an order being filled incorrectly or not getting it in a timely manner. They're awesome. And then, you can ask them anything all the time. The only time I have to call Kinetico is when I'm really stumped, which is not that often for the service part, because I've been doing it for so long. And then with their website, ordering stuff is way easier. They have it down and they're very supportive in the branding part.

The installation was really simple. The bypass valve, through Kinetico, you can go in or out on either side. It saves a lot of time plumbing that way so you don't have to make a lot of loop to lose. The reverse osmosis are really simple to put in. They're just all push on connections now. I can install the water softener about an hour and a half. So if I'm going to put in a reverse osmosis under the sink, I can do it in about 25 or 30 minutes. I don't have to go back two or three times. Also, they are awesome to work with. Servicing them was so easy.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

I've heard good things about Kinetico and decided to go with them given their reputation. When we were setting up the first meeting, the rep was really responsive and flexible, and they got out here really quickly. Their water test confirmed what I already knew - us having hard water and that it had a lot of iron - and I needed to do something about it. So, I got a water softener and the water filtration system. The installation went smoothly and the guy who did it worked efficiently. He was in and out in about four hours and the place was clean as could be when he left. And now, the water's great. It's not hard anymore. It had a little bit of a smell, which is gone now. The drinking water filtration system is saving us from buying cases of water every single month. I would recommend Kinetico.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

We have hard water and we have the reverse osmosis system and the whole-house water softener from Kinetico. I like the features of the Kinetico system. You don't have to have power run into your system for the water treatment. I also like the way they demonstrated it better than Culligan. That was 17 years ago and it was great. Then we had to redo our reverse osmosis this last year so we got another system put in there. There are different owners of the company now but I have no problem with them. I have even recommended them. They were good on their customer service. They answered any questions I had and laid it out. They were also quick in getting the system installed when they did it.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

I built somewhere that I had to have softener water and I was interested in the efficiency on salt use of Kinetico's products. So, I got two water softeners from them and I've been working with them two and a half years now. They have been excellent and efficient. Also, you don't need electricity for their products, which is nice.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kinetico?

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

Kinetico is a little more expensive but I liked their system better than the other ones. I had someone come hook an RO system up and although the process was okay, I didn't care for the way he hooked things up. He was kinda quick. He didn't take his time like he should have and now, I have some water lines that bounce. When you use it, you can hear the water line bounce. He could have strapped that piece of copper line. But I guess the system works. I'm on city water and there was a lot of chlorine in it. That's why I went with the RO system. I've also been contemplating a water softener but they're spendy too.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

I was having problems with the lime and hard water so I bought the water softener from Kinetico. Their rep set the appointment in his office which is 100 miles away from where I am. I picked it up and hired a plumber to install it. It's working fine and now, the water's decent. I'm satisfied with them.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

We bought a house that had a Kinetico water softener in it but its life was done. It was 30 years old, it ate the pipes and the water we had for half a year was not all that good. I had been talking to a Kinetico rep, who has given me good service, about getting a new system and he was able to come out and do it. The installation went great. We were in a cramped space and the installer suggested we use a smaller tank to fit the system a little better. He made a trip to town to get a different tank, came back and installed it. Our water has been good since.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

There is no technical assistance available through head office. You are always directed to the store level (which might not have technical knowledge or might mislead you). I bought a 935 Signature series Water Softener which was leaving whitish marks in my sink. Kinetico said that my water hardness was 33, but in reality was 20. My machine was set up wrongly. Kinetico Rep was going to change my disk only, upon my insistence they changed the brine adjuster tube as well. Then there was this dial missing gears, which nobody was able to tell me if this is normal or not.

Finally upon my insistence for a refund, they promised me a brand new higher model S250 XP. But what I got was one with OverDrive, S250 XP OD. Which directs the water through both tanks and gives you 75% more flow rate. But I do not need more flow rate. I did not agree to an OverDrive machine. The machine they gave me was not new. I could see the drops of water in the counter control glass before installation. Now the whitish marks in the sink are back. I paid close to $3000 to have peace of mind. But what I got was mistakes and dishonesty.

Kinetico response

Thanks Romo. We have engaged our corporate customer support at Kinetico Canada to facilitate a resolution for you.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

All our pipes are copper and we have a dog that's allergic to it so we had to go into an RO unit from Kinetico. It's a good product and compared to what we used to have, I liked their product a lot better. Also, the rep who sold it to us was knowledgeable and clean. He had a nice attitude and he was the kind of person I like to deal with.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

I bought the filtration system -- the one for soft water, and the drinking water system from Kinetico. Because of the area we were living in, we had to do something about the water. We were referred to a couple of places and Kinetico seemed to have the best system as far as we know. They explained things and did all the work that was required.

Hi Nancy,

Here's wishing you many years of great water!

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

We have a well that showed some contaminants in it. I did a bit of research and I liked Kinetico the best. Their salesperson was great and the guys who put in the system were helpful and they went through everything. I was very happy with them. I got a UV purifier and a water softener and so far, the system has been great. Right away, they retested the water and everything was clean. We’re not getting the staining from the hard water in the house. I would definitely recommend Kinetico.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

We're on a community water service and it's basically well water. There is an extremely high amount of calcium chloride and the water well is around here. We built ourselves a new office and we just wanted the best water there is so we got a Kinetico water system. We've dealt with them and used them before on other projects. I called them and the experience in setting up the appointment was good. The sales rep was out in the field so I talked to his wife who makes appointments for him and set up the appointment. He came over a couple of days after I called. We went through everything and told them what we wanted. He gave us a couple of different options. I took it back to the owner of the building and we talked about it.

We came to a conclusion that we just wanted two of the under counter models and purchased them. During the installation, the interaction I had with their team was perfect. We know them and worked with them before so we know what to expect. They're very good, professional and quick. We knew that we were gonna put a new water system in so we had it set up from our plumber who plumbed the building. It was an easy install. Since we have gotten it, the water is great and we don't drink the regular water. We ran it into the dishwasher in the break room and also to the refrigerator. I will definitely use Kinetico without any question and will tell somebody that is looking for a water system to use them.

Hi Danny,

Thanks for this review. We're happy to see that we have been able to be a part and a positive to your work environment!

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

We have iron bacteria in our water. The contractor set up an appointment with Kinetico and we talked to them. The representative who came and talked to us was fine. After the installation, we now have nice water and the color is different.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

I purchased a water softening system from Kinetico for the whole house. There was calcium build-up and so we had water scaling issues in our house. Setting up an appointment with Kinetico was good. Their reps were flexible with time to meet. They were also quick at returning our phone call and getting it set up. They started with a demonstration. And then, when we decided to get it, there was a different guy who came in and installed the system. The installation took four hours. Since the installation of the water system, I can feel the soft water when I'm showering. The Kinetico water system is a little more expensive than some of the other options out there, but it's a good system and their customer service is good.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

We were getting a lot of stains in the toilets and the sink. My wife was also concerned about the drinking water, so she wanted pure water. We made a follow-up on the water softener we had when we bought this house, and the dealer recommended Kinetico. We got an entirely new system plus the filters, $2,500 worth. Taking everything out was our prime concern, and the free water testing was one of the reasons we went with their system. They had a very good salesman. Plus a couple of guys came here to do the installation, and it didn't take very long. Now we no longer get rusting in the toilet bowls and clean-up is so much easier.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

I bought a full water softener from Kinetico. My old system wasn’t working. Brian, the owner of the local dealership here, installed the new water softener for us and he did a great job. He was wonderful to work with. He had an issue with one of the tanks though. The was resin not dispersing. But he came out, changed all of that out and got it all fixed again. Now, the water is soft. It's amazing when something is doing what it’s supposed to be doing.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

Hard water prompted me to purchase a Kinetico water softener. We have a dealer in Billings and we just went and talked to him. I took a water sample in then he tested it and made a recommendation. Then he came out to our home and did it. The installation process was good and it went well. It didn't take long. The only complaint I have is that the water is fairly hard but I thought it would do better on it. Yet I've noticed that soap lathers better when showering and the softener is better there. I would recommend Kinetico. Although it's not the cheapest by any means, it’s better than any other softener we’ve had.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

We recently moved to Montana and our house has a ground well. The house had a really old water softener and I decided to call the Clearwater guy to check it out and see if he can still make it work. He told me that it was too old so he offered his services. Then the salesperson from Kinetico was very informative. He answered all of our questions. He did some water testing for my husband and me to see where we are and to compare the water from our house and from water bottles, and what a water softener can do. It was really nice. People have told me about Kinetico before and when my sister-in-law came over, she said that she remembers the stuff. They had one in their house in Minnesota and it's good.

We purchased the whole house system for the sulfur smell. It has two little water filters and a bucket of some sort. Since replacing the old system with Kinetico, the water is a little bit softer. I have a lot of guests who say that the water is so good. The only thing, however, is that I gotta keep up with changing the filter so the water wouldn't smell bad. Other than that, I would recommend Kinetico to other people.

Hi Yelena,

Thanks for sharing your review. Unfortunately, some water supplies require a bit more maintenance than others.

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

Everything was good when the whole house system from Kinetico got installed. It took them three hours to do it. However, one time, it just broke down and I called them to fix it. A guy came to fix it. So far, while the cold water is good, the hot water is still hard.

Hello Dinesh,

A water softener does not have the ability to send soft water to 1 location and hard to another. The water out of the softener is either hard or soft. If the hot water is hard, then the source of hardness should be sought out in that area.

Please let us know if you would like us to review your concerns with your authorized dealer.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

We got a water softener from Kinetico and the rep whom we worked with was very professional and on-the-spot. Everything was taken care of in a very timely manner. They were very easy to work with.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

Setting up my first appointment with Kinetico went well and I went with them because of the price. I purchased a filter and the installation took half a day, and it was really good. The installer was on time. I got sulfur and hard water and since having the equipment installed, the water doesn't stink anymore, and it's now soft. I'd tell others to use Kinetico.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

We had concerns with the clarity, quality, and cleanliness of the water in the area where we had our house built. Our son-in-law had a Kinetico water system put in his house then we also heard about Kinetico from the builder that built our house. We set up an appointment with them and it was excellent. The water test, which is free, was convincing. We got their reverse osmosis system for our house and then we got a water filter system in the basement. Now, the water tastes good and everybody likes it. We use it for coffee too. We’ve always had water filtration systems in our previous homes and we’re used to good water so there wasn't a dramatic change. Still, Kinetico is a great company with great service and great products.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

I have city water and there’s a lot of chlorine in it. My son put in a Kinetico reverse osmosis system for me and since then, the water has been better to drink than the city water.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

Kinetico has a facility on Highway 84 between Thomasville and Valdosta, Georgia and I go by that place several times in a week and I saw it. I went and asked them about it and found out after talking to them that one of my neighbors has them. We own a well and my wife had chlorine installed at one time. She didn’t like that and we took that out and the iron in the water was messing up the spigots and stuff like that in the bathroom. She has some expensive stuff in the bathroom and she didn’t want it messing it up. She wanted to try to get a solution and went. The Kinetico rep we talked to was very good. He explained the thing to me and my wife very well. We understood it so, we went forward. They put the system in last year and the installer had it in and gone before we knew it. We went to work one morning and come home at lunch and he was done and gone. At this point, their product is working.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

We've been very happy with our Kinetico system. We were treated very well by Yellowstone Water Conditioning where we got the system from. I wouldn't think of going with anybody else.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

We're on a well and I needed a system when I called Kinetico. Their sales rep, Brian, answered our questions and was always available. He showed up when he said he was gonna be here, and he did what he said he was gonna do. He's a nice guy. We got a Kinetico RO system and a water softener system. We had a softener system installed soon after we built the house, but we get hard water. So whenever it's low on salt, we can tell a difference. And with the RO, the water tastes better.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

We wanted to be free of all the stuff that's normally in city water. Aeon was our local provider and they recommended Kinetico. The water test was good and it's a good selling point for folks that are not sure. We purchased the RO water filter and the water softener, and they're good products. We've had them come out to service, change filters, and look over the system, and we've had no issues.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

We renovated our home and we wanted to have a hot water on-demand system as opposed to a water tank that was heated through propane or natural gas. We had lots of iron in the water, however, and the plumber who installed the hot water on-demand system said that if we don’t have soft water, the system is going to calcify or get material build-up in it and it’s gonna make it difficult for our system to function. So we looked at putting in a soft water system.

The service provider was a big advocate for Kinetico, and I looked online at the company's material protections, their representations, and their marketing. I also got a second opinion from the plumber and the retailer. We worked with the retailer in the past when they provided water filter systems for the hard water system we have. They were responsive and reasonable, and I found them to continue to be that way. They came out on site and they eventually came back to install the system. It’s still a relatively new system but we have been satisfied with our decision to go with Kinetico.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

We live in a rural area where we have well water. It’s relatively hard water because where it comes from, it’s not treated at all. We have the water softener from Kinetico as well as their drinking water purification system, which my wife wanted. Their customer service was very good and their installer was very timely. Anytime we needed anything done and we asked for service, they provided it very quickly. They’ve come and checked the system, such as when it didn’t seem to be softening the water as well as it should. I called them, they came out, checked it, and fixed it. They’ve supported the warranty 100%.

So far, from a softener standpoint, Kinetico makes it easier to wash clothes and the clothes seem to come out cleaner. And during showers, it’s easier to make the soap lather. Other than that, with the filtration system, the water has no sediment in it and my wife notices it when she makes tea. The tea does not get cloudy. All in all, I've had an excellent experience with Kinetico and I would highly recommend them.

Kinetico expert review by Greg Chick

Kinetico Water Systems offers water softeners and reverse osmosis systems for your home. Kinetico was among the first companies to offer nonelectric, fully automatic water treatment systems. Kinetico’s systems are powered by moving water, which keeps your cost down for operation and repairs.

• Nonelectric systems: Kinetico’s water treatment systems do not run on electricity. They use the movement of the water they contain to power their own filtration systems. This process keeps operation and repair costs low.

• Free water testing and quotes: If you’re not sure if you need water treatment, you can schedule a free water test with Kinetico’s experts. You can also receive free quotes on any system you need.

• Water softeners: Kinetico has several different options for water softeners. From compact, simple systems to full systems for hard water.

• Drinking water filters: Kinetico has several different options for drinking water filtration. You can purchase a full filtration system or a smaller filtration tap.

• Specialty solutions: Kinetico also sells several different specialty solutions for water that needs filtering. Aerators and dechlorinators are available to help remove chemicals and minerals from your water systems.

• Best for: people interested in a nonelectric filtration system.

Profile picture of Greg Chick
Greg Chick Water Treatment Systems Contributing Editor

Greg Chick has worked as an entrepreneur for over 40 years with a background in plumbing, irrigation, pools and water heating. He is a member of Green Plumbers USA, International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials and American Society of Plumbing Engineers. Greg works to educate residential consumers about quality plumbing products.

Kinetico Company Information

10845 Kinsman Road
Newbury
OH
www.kinetico.com
Your special offer awaits

Looking to save time and money? Join our community today! Community members receive important consumer news alerts and enjoy perks like discounts and special offers from brands they love. Ready to join?

Sign up now with your email address!

Join our community to recieve important consumer news and enjoy perks like discounts and special offers from brands you love.