It's that easy Request Information
4.65/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Ready to improve your life with better water? Kinetico has a solution for you. With a variety of water softeners, drinking water systems and specialty solutions from which to choose, there’s a perfect option to meet your family’s needs. Kinetico water systems provide the highest quality water for drinking and everyday use. Visit Kinetico.com today to get a quote or schedule your water test, and start living a well-hydrated life.

Kinetico Gallery (4)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

879 Kinetico Consumer Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

I had a Kinetico system in 2005 in my previous home in Tampa, Florida and I liked it. The water was okay and everything was good. Then we had a home built out in the country across the state line in Georgia, across the river. I had the water tested and the guy said that it had a little iron in it. But another guy came out from another company. He checked it out and said that there was absolutely nothing wrong with this water, which I kinda already knew. I grew up here in the same spot at my grandparent’s old place. We have a deep well that's 188 feet deep and the water tasted fine. But it was a little rough. It may have had a lot of scale or calcium.

I had a new pump put in the well and I don’t know if the guy who did it disturbed something in the line but the water seemed to get more iron. Our master shower started getting a little more orange-ish. My wife was having to scrub the thing every two or three days. She said she shouldn't have to do that and that there was something going on here. Then we got the Kinetico system and now, it’s once every two weeks that you have to get in there and scrub a little bit, but not much. It’s a lot easier to clean.

The installation was easy as well. These guys hooked everything up. Two guys came out and wanted to run it in through my laundry room and down the drain into my septic. Instead, I suggested turning that line back around the other way, come back out the garage wall, come back basically the same way they were going in and put it out there in the yard somewhere. They had some concerns about the grass but I told them that I live in the country and I couldn't care less about the grass. Then they said that out of concern, they should send a word around to HOA. But I’m on five acres and I don’t have a neighbor so who cares? I guess they were used to hooking up around HOAs in Jacksonville.

There was also a slight stench of sulfur that sprung up though, and we still have that for some reason. I had mentioned it when I came in to CGC two months before and bought more salt. They instructed me to put a little bit of bleach in the salt bin but it really didn’t help a lot. The main office gal upfront also said that she would have some guy come back out and check it out. But I’ve never seen that guy. That fell through the cracks. But it’s not an emergency anyway. It’s a very limited stench. I really can’t smell it but my wife can. She’s just finicky. But other than that, it's all good. The water is definitely better than it was.

It’s not Kinetico's fault that the water has a little sulfur in it. I thought I paid enough money for this system though. This thing was $4,515 itself. The guy didn’t mention a whole-house reverse osmosis system though, and I thought about doing that. But they wanted $15,000 and I don’t know for sure if it would do what it’s supposed to do. So I got hesitant on that one. The money was doing the talking on that one. But all in all, the experience has been good. Kinetico does what they’re supposed to do.

Get expert buying tips about Water Treatment Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

We had lived in Arizona and the water there was really bad. It tasted like chlorinated dirt water. We were at a home show in Phoenix many years ago and we saw the Kinetico water systems. We talked to different people who had different systems in their houses, but they were still not happy with them. We looked at Kinetico and tried the water that they had from the systems they had on people's houses there, and the water tasted fantastic from the crappy awful water that was showing up in our clothes, our skin and our appliances. So, we had a Kinetico system installed in Arizona.

After that, we moved to Virginia, but there was no Kinetico down at Central Virginia at that time. We whined and cried about it. We moved to Atlanta and there was no Kinetico at that time. We whined and cried about it. I went to Mississippi and there was no Kinetico there. We whined and cried about it, too. But when we moved here, we found out that there was a system available. We've only been here for a few weeks before they had the system installed. The water here in Huntsville is also really bad, so we purchased a water softener, a water filter system and a RO system.

Kinetico's sales representative was phenomenal. He was totally a people person and was extremely responsive. Not only did he walk me through my Kinetico system, but he has also helped me out with some other things in the house. He has met so many people in the area through his job that he has put me in contact with other services to assist me with things such as a useful handyman and a better plumber. He went above and beyond and was extremely knowledgeable.

The installation team was fantastic and they were another above and beyond team. We wanted to make sure everything was right. I started having some trouble with the RO system not working periodically and found out it was an operator error, but they sent somebody out right away to figure out what the problem was. My skin feels so much better and the water tastes phenomenal since having the system installed. We had the system put in with the RO that adds minerals back in, so it tastes like expensive bottled water like Dasani.

My scalp is horribly dry and flaky and itching like crazy. I get my hair shampooed and blow-dried. My scalp is awful when the place doesn’t use filtered water, but when they use the Kinetico, it really helps my scalp come back. In fact, I may end up having to switch to a different place or take a gallon of my filtered water with me because the water bothers my scalp so much. When I wash my hair at home, it starts to clear up. Kinetico definitely makes a huge difference in the water and what it does for the skin. I have already recommended them to friends and family members. My husband had gotten a Zero Water Filter thing other than the more expensive one from Bed, Bath and Beyond, but when we would take the water from the tap and run it through Zero Water Filter, there would be mini grains of sand in it and the little filter thing would wear out twice as fast as it is supposed to so that's how bad the water is.

If Kinetico wants to put me in a commercial, I'll be happy to do it because I really believe in the product. It is the second system we've had. I believe it's helping the people. People said that they looked into it, but it was expensive, but I said, "And so is dying or being sick or getting cancer." Kinetico also did a great job in hiring phenomenal people and I cannot say enough about the folks that I've dealt with.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

We have horrible water in Branson. It was hard and stinky, so they treat it with a lot of chlorine which was not good for my wife. So, we chose to soften the water and get something better for ourselves and for our pets to drink. I researched and it came down to Kinetico and RainSoft. Kinetico was more expensive but it was a good system and it was complete so, we got a water softener and a carbon filter. Wes at Air & Water Solutions was good to work with on getting the appointment set up. When he came out, he accepted the fact that our water was hard and it was not about what he can do but the stuff that has already been covered. He went through it all.

We had a difficult or an awkward installation because of the general configuration and he brought an installer in to go over it. He made sure that he understood what they would have to do and how they would have to do it before he got started and before we got contracted. It was one of his own employees and he had him here the next day. The two of them looked at things and measured them out to make sure they understood how they were going to accomplish what it was we wanted and if they could actually do it. We came to the conclusion that they could and they did it quite well.

For the first five months, the water was great. It was comfortable to bathe again and you felt clean when you were done. Then, after about five months, we happened to replace the water heater because it was an older one and had all the build-up in it. By taking all the chlorine out, we wound up with stinky water and so, we replaced the water heater. After five months, we wound up with stinky water again. We called and what it came down to is because we had taken all the chlorine out of the water through the softening, we were starting to get a little bit of a build-up. So, we wound up having to add an electronic anode rod to the water heater to take care of the problem that the chlorine had previously taken care of to deal with the odor. Since then, it has been fine but we wound up replacing just about everything in the water system.

As bad as our water is here, people should plan right upfront, when they do the water softener. If their water heater is more than a year old, they should go ahead and do the water heater at the same time and make sure it’s got an electronic anode rod because the chemical exchange anode rods aren’t strong enough with the water we’ve got. I would still recommend Kinetico. I’m very happy with what we’ve got going on now although it was painful to get here. It’s just people need to know upfront what they’re facing on this water.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

This is our second house that we put a Kinetico system in and I can't speak enough about the company that put the system in. About 18 years ago, our very first house had a well and what you could see everyday was literally gravel. This company is not even close to us. We had one in our town but we chose that company because they came to our house and sold us the same exact thing, and the person gave us the information and the pricing and told us to call him if we wanted. On the other hand, the others barely left our house without a check.

For the second house, we didn't even call anybody else. We had the same company and this is even a different owner now but Bill did the same. He was equally as nice and informative. We knew what we needed when we moved in and when Bill came in, it was a matter of being tested and also undersold. I wanted to be able to fill the tank, do the laundry and run the dishwasher at the same time. And he was like, "How many times do you do that?" But I wanted to. It's only my husband and I and one kid. But I have a large child, a son who likes to wear many outfits per day. Bill gave me many options, including a smaller version, and we went with a medium to higher approach. He was very pleasant and he gave me all the paperwork. Also, we knew the ballpark of what we spent in the last house and the ballpark where we thought we would be almost 20 years later was still comparable.

The installer was awesome as well. He even showed me the difference and how to work the machine. He was also the one who came out on a Saturday when there was a slight valve problem. He fixed it and although he could have never known, he couldn't have been more apologetic. In that respect, Bill has been nothing but helpful as well. Aside from sending the technician out, they gave us more peroxide. This stuff is not cheap and nobody ships it. I even drive out to Charlton for that. They're 45 minutes away and although I could buy my peroxide from someone closer, I don't since we're taken care of like that. We could not be happier. The girl who works in the office where I go and get my chlorine is fabulous too. I can't say enough about the three people that I have encountered.

When we bought this house, it was 12 years old and it had a filter but I'm almost positive that it was not a Kinetico. I couldn't fill my tub without it smelling and there's nothing worse than smelling like rotten eggs. The system wasn't large enough and it didn't filter that out enough. We got a dual-chamber product, which also softens the water. That has changed the showering and there is no more sulfur smell.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

My house is pretty old and it is on a well. There was a lot of iron in the water system, so it was turning the appliances orange and the water wasn't very drinkable. Plus I own a company where we have to use food products and I couldn't use that water for the food products at all because it was contaminated. So, I needed some sort of filtration system because I didn't wanna switch to city water. It doesn't taste that good and it's gonna cost me a lot of money.

I went to Home Depot to look at water filtration systems and they referred me to Kinetico. We set up an appointment and it was a very quick and easy process. They had a guy come out and do a free testing. He was very personable and very knowledgeable on the product. The fact that he had a lot of knowledge on it was really enticing. He also made me really feel good about what the product was gonna be doing. He was very professional as well, which I respected coming from another business person. At the time, I didn't have the exact money down that was gonna be needed to pay for it and they also had information on ways to go about it. I ended up getting a Home Depot credit card to pay for the filtration system that I bought from them and the system was pretty expensive. I have the mineral barrel and I have two stages of filtration.

When the system was installed, the guy who came out was a good worker, very knowledgeable, and very professional. I was watching him do the whole thing and he had given me insights on how to upkeep it, how it's working, and why they have to do this and that. So, it was really not the kind of situation where they just did their thing and left. He made sure that I was knowledgeable about the system. During the first few days that the system ran, there was almost a texture in the water that was kind of sulfuric. But after the filtration did its thing for the next couple of days, the water was very clear, very crisp, and very clean. It was very refreshing.

But the biggest difference was the bathing. Before I had Kinetico, I smelled the contamination in the water when I was taking showers. But after the filtration system cleaned it up, I felt a sense of relief and now I don't feel like I've taken a dirty shower anymore. I've also recommended Kinetico to a couple of people. Nowadays, a lot of companies are just trying to be in and out to do more jobs, but Kinetico was really prominent on making sure that I had a good and very knowledgeable experience. They showed concern for the reason why I wanted my water fixed. So, as long as they keep doing that, they're gonna be as good as they've ever been.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kinetico?

Original review: June 19, 2019

Integrity Water Solutions, LLC performed well in all aspects of the transaction. The salesperson was very professional and accommodating throughout the process. The installer was very competent - which seems to be more rare these days.

Original review: June 18, 2019

I've had this system that I bought from Kinetico for over a year now. We were told that we wouldn't ever have to worry about hard water or weird smells with the system we purchased. We have a tech come out and service it every month as per our contract. It seems like they come out twice every month. We get the service person on their regular check up and then it seems like something breaks or needs replacing right after the service call. We had someone come out a few days ago for service and today I have no water at all.

When I called this morning to have someone come out I expressed my frustration and asked a couple questions... I was met with rudeness and disrespect. I have probably two more years to pay off the rest of this system and I am terrified of how much more this company is going to cost me once my warranty is up. After speaking with this customer service person, I felt like I was slapped in the face. I am confused, angry, and frustrated.

Original review: June 17, 2019

We have lousy water in El Reno, Oklahoma and we got the water softener a little over a year ago. We saw Kinetico at the home show and we liked what the woman had to say. So we were pleased and we made an appointment. Then somebody came out and installed the system. The water is great. We have soft water and no spots. It tastes pretty good too. It's better than the city water for sure.

But right now, we can't use the kitchen water. We think we need a water filter but we can’t find anybody. So we’re disappointed because we’re using bottled water right now to drink. The company of the guy who installed the unit is not answering their phone. We got to looking at their website and my husband came across that they had filed a Chapter 11.

I just wish the guy had the decency to call us back and say he could no longer help us and offer a phone number we could call. But he didn’t even do that. So that was very disappointing. It’s in very poor taste that this guy was representing Kineco and he put this in our house but a year later, he’s decided to do something else. It’s just frustrating because you buy a product and then you can't find somebody to service you. But still, I would recommend Kinetico. We let our computer find somebody else and we found somebody in Tuttle. She was getting on a plane to go on a trip yesterday but she said they could possibly get here between 5 and 7 next Thursday. So we’re fine with waiting until then.

Original review: June 17, 2019

Our water was super hard and we didn't want damage to our appliances, like our washing machine and our dishwasher. In fact, the water dries out our skin too. After having the Kinetico product installed, there was a noticeable change. The water was softer and we don't have as much grime on our dishes. The people were very professional as well. They got in, got it done and cleaned up after themselves. Any questions I had were also answered right away and they seemed concerned that I knew how to fill the tank. So it was a good experience. They were great.

Original review: June 16, 2019

When we purchased our house, the previous owners had installed a new Kinetico system so we kinda got grandfathered in. We live way out in the country and we’ve got well water and hard water, and the Kinetico reverse osmosis system seems to work well. Our drinking water has been great. We’ve been very happy with the system. We have Dooley’s out in Garden Plain as our service people and they’ve been very friendly. They have set up reminders but normally we stay on top of it ‘cause we wanna make sure that our system is running like it’s supposed to. Normally, I just call the local guy and say, “Hey, can you come out here and take a look?” And he does and makes sure that all the system’s working like it should and replaces the filters if they need it. He's been pretty responsive. We had an issue with the tank meter and when we told him, he got right out the next morning. He explained it all to me.

Original review: June 15, 2019

I had hard water in my house and had gotten a water softener from Kinetico. The product was reasonably priced. It was higher than normal but not as high as others. The rep did the water test and was very easy to work with. Plus, he understood the product very well. The installation was a good experience. The installation team was very respectful and answered my questions. Since having the water softener installed, I've definitely noticed a difference in the appliances, dishes, and the water for shower.

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: June 15, 2019

We bought a $4,500 softener system from Kinetico. We’re on a water well system so I thought it might help to clean it up if there’s problem with it. I was confident that the system was gonna work. The rep seemed to be knowledgeable about what he was talking about. He convinced me that the system would get rid of all that lime deposits and all that, but I don’t believe it has. I still see some green deposit on my faucet. I don’t know if those are minerals or calcium, but I still see them. But the water is clearer which they said would be. They gave us a test and showed the difference in the water before and the difference in the water afterwards.

Kinetico response

Hello Hartence,

A water softener will remove calcium, magnesium and dissolved iron. These cause white scale deposits and brown stains. Green or blue/green is commonly associated with copper.

Do you see it at just 1 faucet or throughout the house? If throughout the house, the pH of the water may be low and was previously covered up by the hardness minerals. If at just 1 faucet, it could be a matter of mixed metals causing some leaching.

Either way, we are confident that your local Kinetico installer will be happy to address this concern for you.

Kinetico Customer Support

Original review: June 14, 2019

I had a water softener previously in the home that needed replaced and I was referred to Kinetico through a co-worker of mine. Their customer service was great and the rep was personable and professional so the interaction was good. The installation team were in and out, and did a very good job. They cleaned it all up when they left. I got the drinking water and the water softener and there's a noticeable difference as far as the drinking water goes. I’ve had softeners before, so they all make soft water but Kinetico seems like a pretty efficient system.

Original review: June 14, 2019

I do all my business with Denny’s Plumbing & Heating. I trust them thoroughly and they do a super job. In our previous house, we didn’t like the way the water was tasting. We wanted some reverse osmosis so we asked Denny if they had such a system. They’re Kinetico's dealer and they did. We went with it and we bought the whole system. Setting up the appointment couldn’t have been easier. I walked into the office and told them we needed it on the 2nd of August when we closed on our house. And on the 2nd of August, they were here.

The rep who came out was good and we’ve used him before. It seemed that he knew everything about the system and he answered all our questions. He was able to assist us when needed. The installers also did super. They put it in a brand-new house and you couldn’t ask for a better deal. I liked their quickness and they seemed very knowledgeable about what they were doing. Since we got our Kinetico system, you can drink the water down here. It was not pleasant before.

Original review: June 13, 2019

I always, for many years, had RO systems. So, I looked into the best one and that led me to Kinetico's K5. I’ve also seen ads in the local paper that comes in the mail and I am subscribed to Consumer Reports. A few years back, they had done a report on that system and that was in my head when I was thinking about making a purchase. It’s a pricey system but that was the biggest deterrent from buying it. In the end, I wound up getting it anyway after seeing all my options.

I had Kinetico come out and check out my waters. I get my water tested every year and I got way more details with our lab test than with on the spot testing from the Kinetico representative, so that wasn’t really a big deal to me. Then, Kinetico gave me some prices and told me what I needed or what would work best. I thought about it for a while and I didn't get everything they quoted me on. After that, I let a year pass then I reached out to our local Kinetico dealer and purchased a K5 from them.

I liked the different filter options and how you can configure it different ways. But I wasn’t crazy about the fact that we’re stuck with buying filters from the distributor and you can’t just buy them anywhere. That was kinda disappointing. But the system works great and I can’t complain about it. I’ve had other systems in the past that had good results and with them the canisters were something that you wash out, whereas with Kinetico, you just throw the whole thing out. So, there are disadvantages to that. But I’m happy with the K5. Kinetico's reps were really nice, too but I didn't want them to install it. I installed it myself, however, they sent out their tech to drop off the unit. He helped me with getting some stuff set up and gave me his number if I had any problems.

Original review: June 13, 2019

We had Kinetico right after we moved in in a house that we lived in for 17 years and we never had any problems with it. When we moved, we installed another system and we were at that house for 4 years. We moved to this one and we put in our third Kinetico system. We like having soft water. In the last house, we put in a whole water filter just because the area recommended it for drinking. When we came to this house, it already had a filter system of the water so we just did a softener.

Any time that we had any kind of issue, Kinetico came out quickly and took care of it. The first one that we had for 17 years, we had 1 service call for something that was out of warranty. We paid for it and it was really simple. Then we had a service call at our other house but it was covered under the warranty. With this one, they came and adjusted it because we felt like we were running out of soft water. We’ve always been very pleased with everything. We’ve recommended Kinetico to other people and they’ve always been pleased too.

Original review: June 12, 2019

We bought a house that had the Kinetico system already here and then, we helped purchase a system for my daughter and her husband. Kinetico scheduled a person to come out and look at the setup that it would need, and then, they set up a time to come and install. We got the filtration system and they put it in the basement. They had to do some different things but they were able to do it. It took a half hour or so. It went smoothly and I appreciate that Kinetico has this option to make your water safer and healthier.

Original review: June 12, 2019

We've had water filtration and softener systems for several years. We got a Kinetico K5 as well as a water softener system and we've liked those the best. Setting up our appointment with Kinetico was very easy. Installation went well and their rep was very helpful. When we needed filters shipped to us, he went over how to change the filters. Within two to three days, the items were at our home. Thus far, we've been enjoying the system. Also, changing the cartridges are like a snap. Since having our Kinetico systems our water has been tasting good and taking showers has been wonderful. Washing clothes has been wonderful too, especially whites. I wouldn't wander away to any other brand. I've been spreading the word to people I know. If you're in the market to get a water treatment system, a Kinetico is what you need. It's definitely top-of-the-chain.

Original review: June 11, 2019

We moved into a housing community that's fairly new a lot of our neighbors are complaining about the water quality. My wife was complaining about hair fall. One of our neighbors brought in Mermaid company from Virginia and they were endorsing Kinetico filters. The lady who worked for Mermaid was knowledgeable and professional in her approach. She tested our water and once we decided we wanted a softener, she went through with my schedule and had a guy to come over and fix it with me. The installer did a good job and was pretty knowledgeable. With the softener I got, no power is needed and water pressure is enough to filter. Things have been good since we started using the system and my wife's complaints on hair fall have come down. Water has tasted a little differently too.

Original review: June 11, 2019

The representative from Kinetico was knowledgeable and very honest. We got the Kinetico water softener and water reverse osmosis system, and they got it done really well. With Kinetico, water tastes a lot better and our showers are feeling a lot better.

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: June 10, 2019

We have a 4010 series Kinetico water softener for our Arizona home. It's been installed for 7 years and we had the resin and carbon changed late last year out at a cost of $387 (plus tax) for a 20 minute job - they just changed the tanks, similar to rental systems that I have seen. Unfortunately, now the bypass valve is leaking from the housing (not the connections). It's a $139 service call to get our local Kinetico dealer to come look at it and of course that's before the cost of installing a new gasket (the gasket itself is theoretically free). The continued death grip Kinetico holds on allowing replacement parts sales in the US is inexplicable and while it nearly guarantees lifetime work for Kinetico, as a consumer, I will never buy another Kinetico system.

Kinetico response

Hi Steven,

We appreciate your feedback. In reality, there is very little profit to service calls. The price of service is closely calculated to cover the expense of getting a trained technician to a home with the proper equipment so that an appointment is just 20 minutes and a home owner can go another 7 years or longer before needing attention.

You happen to have a softener that utilizes a sacrificial media, therefore the carbon does need to be changed out every 3 - 7 years.

We fully understand the do it yourself community and some people's ability to take tear down and rebuild products. This is not the case for most homeowner's, therefore the majority of our dealer's hold firm on their service terms.

It is certain that homeowner's understand that the in-home service industry, regardless the product; comes with a service and labor charge that at the first 1/2 hour seems high, but in reality; who wants to work on their heating, air, plumbing, dishwasher, water softener...

But, we are sorry to know that this has caused us to lose you as a customer. Please let us know how we might regain your confidence.

Original review: June 10, 2019

We have the worst water in Elk Grove, California.. Our skin and hair was so dry and irritated. We blamed on the water we consumed. Kinetico came to us as a blessing, switched to Reverse Osmosis and for the whole house. Sam, the expert in installation came to install and he was so hard working and expertise. I can say is that after the switch, our skin and hair is smooth. Love Kinetico.

Original review: June 10, 2019

When I moved in to my house, I didn’t have a salt system. The water was having a sulfur smell. I interviewed a lot of water treatment system companies and they all gave me their pitch on what systems they recommend. Kinetico had the best warranty that I like because it covered everything. And if I’m gonna invest something, the amount of money and the amount what I expect the quality the product to have for a long period of time, I want the best warranty possible. Also, my neighbors and other friends of mine have Kinetico and they’ve all spoken very highly of it. So, I went off of friends’ recommendations as well.

Aqua Soft installed the Kinetico equipment, and then they sent me paperwork from Kinetico. But I didn’t have a good experience with Aqua Soft. The next day after they installed the equipment, water was leaking out of the salt tank connection. Aqua Soft called the next day to check on how everything was, and I went down into the basement to where the system is, and that was when I saw the water all over the floor and the actual dripping coming from the connection. I they hadn’t called and checked, I would never have known because I only go into that room periodically to refill the salt tank. So, I thank them for calling. But the big, tall, black long canisters where the carbon filter is were slanted. They weren’t straight up.

After arguing with the company to have them come out on that day because the water was actively leaking, they replaced the carbon tubes and fixed the connection. And then the next day, they came and took what they replaced those carbon tubes with, with the same black carbon tubes saying they had to make an adjustment. So, I said okay. Everything is working now but for three days, it wasn’t good.

I had other companies come in and they had to go into that room to get to my HVAC system. They made comments to me saying that, “Whoever installed this system, did it very shoddily.” There are wires hanging and things aren’t secure. I’m very apprehensive to call them back for anything, but I’m trapped with them because they’re the ones who installed the system. If I call anybody else, they’re gonna say they didn’t install it so it’s not their problem. But overall, the sulfur smell has diminished a lot since having the Kinetico system. There's no more rusting when I use my sprinklers outside. There’s no more rust coming and staining my house and my driveway. But when showering and washing dishes, I feel like things don’t get clean. There’s still a residue.

Original review: June 10, 2019

I bought the reverse osmosis and water softeners from Kinetico. Setting up an appointment with them was really easy. The reps were very knowledgeable and my experience with Kinetico has been pretty good. They're very prompt about getting out to take care of things. They are an outstanding company and they were great to work with. I build homes and wasn’t happy with the others that I've tried, like Culligan and RainSoft. I’m using Kinetico now and put them into my spec homes. All the people that have gotten my homes with Kinetico in are very happy with it. Water is a lot better with Kinetico.

Original review: June 9, 2019

Our whole town doesn’t have city water. So, we’re on the well. We had the water tested and wanted to have the water pure for bathing and all that kind of things. I did my own research as far as what were some of the best systems out there, and we found that there was an installer that was within 25 minutes from our house, and got a couple of prices from him and some other systems. And Kinetico’s products were just far superior. We got a whole house water softener system from Kinetico. It's a reverse osmosis system, and everything has been great.

The owner of the company that we purchased from was super accommodating. He came out the following day after I called him, and he gave me a bunch of different options and what option would be best for me. Everything was very seamless. Kinetico wasn’t the best as far as price, but he explained to me why they were a little bit more expensive. And in doing the research, he was pretty much spot-on with what he said compared to other systems. I had a problem initially where I told him that it didn’t seem to be using any salt and one of the valves had actually been installed backwards from the factory, but they figured it out, and fixed it the same day. Everybody seemed to be fairly well-trained. The system is very efficient and doesn’t use a whole bunch of salt, and there’s no need for bleach and all that other kind of stuff that all these guys wanted to use. I would definitely buy it again. Kinetico has a great product and service.

Original review: June 9, 2019

I was looking for something that would have continuous soft water and I got the water filtration system and the RO from Kinetico. The reps were knowledgeable and provided good service. The installation which only took a couple of hours was excellent. The RO has been good.

Original review: June 8, 2019

Our water had some iron in it and also had a sulfur smell to it. My wife checked for different things out here and there, and we had gotten a flyer from Kinetico in the mail, and they were the most economical at the time. Their sales rep was full of information and he knew all about the product. He explained everything very well. We got their water filtration system and they did a really good job installing it. They did it in the better part of most of a half a day. Everything has been fine. They’ve been good people to deal with, and our water is a lot better now.

Original review: June 8, 2019

The water here is hard as a damn rock. They put so much chlorine and stuff in it. I wanted to get rid of the calcium and lime buildup, and I wanted soft water. I saw Kinetico at a neighbor’s home and when they came out and went over the product and stuff, it was a no-brainer for me. I purchased three products from Kinetico because they're awesome. I’ve had them in three different homes. I bought my new system in July of last year when I bought a new house. I’ve had the reverse osmosis water, I had the soft water, and I love them so much. Several of my friends have actually installed Kinetico in their houses. Our dealer here, JF Denney, is awesome also so that helps.

The first house I bought had a RainSoft but it sucked. It wouldn’t rejuvenate. You’d run out and you didn't have any soft water. With the dual tank system on the Kinetico, you can never run out of soft water so it’s good. The other thing I love about it is when filling the pool, I can turn it to bypass and it doesn't have to go through the softener. It’s very easy and non-mechanical. The best part is there’s no maintenance and no power. It does its thing.

Kinetico stands behind the brand. The thing that makes Kinetico so different than RainSoft is Kinetico tests the hardness of your water when they install it. There’s a disc that goes on the top of the valve that determines how often the system has to rejuvenate. It’s nice that you can set it to rejuvenate more often and the residue doesn't get as built up with all the crud. It gives you super soft water and other systems don’t have that ability. You just get whatever it puts out.

Original review: June 7, 2019

The rings from the water that were getting left in the sinks and toilets and everything else led me to begin researching the softener and filtration systems. Also, the water tasted bad. I did a Google search and Kinetico was the first one that came up. Plus, the free water test was beneficial. The rep was patient and very knowledgeable when I set up an appointment, and the experience was good. He explained everything well, so we didn't even look beyond that.

The installation team was great. They had the little booties on their shoes, so they obviously cared about keeping the house clean which was nice and respectful. We have no complaints at all. They were efficient and we were happy with it. I bought a Kinetico water softener and it has a filter with it built in. Since we had it installed, we can drink from the faucet. The water tastes better and it has no smell. Then, we have less issues with the staining around the inside of the toilet bowl and sediments. There are not as many sediments in the bottom of the tub when we draw the kids a bath. So, the filter is doing its job too. We have recommended Kinetico.

Original review: June 7, 2019

We got the softener and the reverse osmosis from Kinetico. I've always had reverse osmosis growing up and as an adult, I figured I need it. I liked the way the water tasted better than tap water. And my wife definitely said that we need soft water, so that was the reason for the softener. Since using the system from Kinetico, the water is definitely softer and better on our skin. Another reason we got it was for hair and skin. The girls in the house appreciate it. They say they can tell the difference.

One thing I wish I would’ve done differently is to contact Kinetico directly. I went through the Home Depot referral and I know I could’ve saved more if I would've went through them directly than the middleman of Home Depot. But other than that, setting up an appointment was easy. Jill was the one that came out and did the water analysis. She was good to work with. And then the guys that installed the system were good as well. The installation didn't take too long.

Kinetico expert review by Greg Chick

Kinetico Water Systems offers water softeners and reverse osmosis systems for your home. Kinetico was among the first companies to offer nonelectric, fully automatic water treatment systems. Kinetico’s systems are powered by moving water, which keeps your cost down for operation and repairs.

• Nonelectric systems: Kinetico’s water treatment systems do not run on electricity. They use the movement of the water they contain to power their own filtration systems. This process keeps operation and repair costs low.

• Free water testing and quotes: If you’re not sure if you need water treatment, you can schedule a free water test with Kinetico’s experts. You can also receive free quotes on any system you need.

• Water softeners: Kinetico has several different options for water softeners. From compact, simple systems to full systems for hard water.

• Drinking water filters: Kinetico has several different options for drinking water filtration. You can purchase a full filtration system or a smaller filtration tap.

• Specialty solutions: Kinetico also sells several different specialty solutions for water that needs filtering. Aerators and dechlorinators are available to help remove chemicals and minerals from your water systems.

• Best for: people interested in a nonelectric filtration system.

Profile picture of Greg Chick
Greg Chick Water Treatment Systems Contributing Editor

Greg Chick has worked as an entrepreneur for over 40 years with a background in plumbing, irrigation, pools and water heating. He is a member of Green Plumbers USA, International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials and American Society of Plumbing Engineers. Greg works to educate residential consumers about quality plumbing products.

Kinetico Company Information