It's that easy Get a Free Quote
4.63/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Ready to improve your life with better water? Kinetico has a solution for you. With a variety of water softeners, drinking water systems and specialty solutions from which to choose, there’s a perfect option to meet your family’s needs. Kinetico water systems provide the highest quality water for drinking and everyday use. Visit Kinetico.com today to get a quote or schedule your water test, and start living a well-hydrated life.

Kinetico Gallery (4)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

800 Kinetico Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: April 23, 2019

The drinking water was what we were thinking of, and there was a demonstration at the fair where I saw different water softener or filtration systems. It was very easy talking with the Kinetico reps, and then we went into it. They came out and hooked us up. Then a year or two later, I decided I would change the filters, and I contaminated the whole thing. But the Kinetico reps have been very good. I complained, and they listened and then the issue was taken care of. From then on, I had them come and do it.

We have two children for whom we bought the water system. It's just the drinking water and it's what we've had. Since purchasing from Kinetico, there has been a difference in the taste of our water. Our water has rust and everything else, and Kinetico's system did exactly what we wanted. The whole system, however, wore out after 25 or 30 years, and we had to change it. We know when our filters are going bad because we get a bad taste. But Kinetico has been a very easy company to get to. They've sold out and the new owner is doing a very good too. The new system seems to be better than the older one.

Get expert buying tips about Water Treatment Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 20, 2019

I had a Kinetico water system in my old house when I lived in Nebraska years ago and I liked the idea of their system being non-electric. This time, I got the dual gray tank that has a head on it as well as the dechlorinator. I like soft water, so I decided to use a water softener system, and it would be easier on the appliances too. The installation of the system went very well. I've had soft water since the system was installed. I've used less detergent and my hair feels better when I shampoo it. Overall, the people at Kinetico have been very good.

Original review: April 19, 2019

I bought this house and it was old. We had other kind of filtration for the drinking water. I trusted Kinetico’s dealer, Aaron. He came and looked at it and we decided that the softener was the way to go. He did a fine job. It took a while to get the water soft but it has been working great. I just put salt in it every once in a while.

Original review: April 19, 2019

We purchased our first Kinetico water softener system about 15 years ago. I talked to Dick when he was at the winter show in Valley City. Both my parents had collagens and then my mom also had dry skin, so we needed a water softener. We've got really hard water. I run the water softener through the toilet systems because all of the valves don't get corroded. When the water softener tank was plugged up, we decided to trade it in, which was a good price for it. I then bought five water softeners from the new Kinetico dealer, who took over after Dick.

I’m satisfied with the service we’ve always got from Kinetico. Dick was a good dealer, and the new guy knows what he is doing. I have recommended Kinetico to the people around here. It is expensive to get into it. But once you're into it, you’ll save over the lifetime of the system and the salt you put through it because it doesn't take much salt.

Original review: April 18, 2019

I was concerned with water quality and that led me to research on water softeners and water filtration systems. It seemed lthat Kinetico's products had higher quality and better filtration. I purchased the softener and the drinking water station from them. When we set up our appointment with Kinetico, they were absolutely courteous and easy to work with. The rep was awesome. The installation was easy and Joanna was wonderful. She was on-site with us and walked us through the setup. She gave some really good recommendations because of where the furnace and the drain were placed.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kinetico?

Original review: April 17, 2019

We had a working water softener but when it started acting up on us, we decided to go with Kinetico because I like the way that it goes by usage and not by time. The rep I dealt with was fine. She was very informative but not pushy. We have the water softener for six months now and we have been doing fine. But once in a while, the water has a salty taste to it and I'm not sure why. We've got the dual tank and it never runs out. It automatically switches back and forth, so I'm thinking there's a slight salt flavor to the water when it's switching over. Despite, I'm fully satisfied.

Original review: April 16, 2019

The water system we got from Kinetico has a tank and a couple of different dispensing faucets. The water system was already in the house. We just upgraded the older one, because the older wasn’t pumping correctly. We've been with them for five years and since I've had the system, I can tell a difference between the regular tap water and the water from the system.

Original review: April 15, 2019

It is best to invest in Kinetico. They are great to work with. We have the Kinetico Water Softener and the reverse osmosis drinking water system. We bought our first one in 2004. Then in March, I had the tanks re-lined in the water softener and then the reverse osmosis completely replaced. They have an excellent workman. His name is Dustin, and he’s a good teacher for the questions that I have. Switching to Kinetico has been much better for the skin and for the hair when I'm washing. With the reverse-osmosis system, I have better-tasting water than city water. I’m satisfied with their service.

Original review: April 14, 2019

We have been with Kinetico for many years. We were with them in California and we've been here in SD for seven years. We worked with Julene who runs the Kinetico Water Systems in Sioux Falls for our systems in the two homes that we’ve had here. We’ve got a water softener and the drinking station, which is the best one Kinetico got. The drinking station cost a couple of thousand dollars.

Though we didn’t need a water softener in California, when we moved to South Dakota, the water’s hard. We just wanted good drinking water. So, we naturally went with Kinetico because we've used their reverse osmosis drinking system. For maintenance, we have a prefilter in the one place we have in Brookings. I replace the filter once a year. Also, we replace the filters in our RO system about twice a year. Kinetico has a great system and we have a lot of trust and respect for Julene. She has done a very good job for us, and we’d like to make sure that continues.

Original review: April 13, 2019

I've had the installation team come back to work on the Water Softener Series I got from Kinetico because it wasn’t working. And the problem has been resolved.

Original review: April 12, 2019

The service was wonderful. All our questions were answered about. All appointments were at the time set up and personnel was very friendly and knowledgeable. We also had a follow up and the system was checked. Again, all our questions and doubts were answered. I would highly recommend Martins and buy from them again!!!

Original review: April 12, 2019

I live in Wyoming and the water here has different things in it like minerals, uranium and strip mine from the '30s. I've dealt with Kinetico for the last 20 years since they're in our town and my experience with them has been good. Their customer service is outstanding and with their system, I have noticed a lot of difference in the quality of my water.

Original review: April 12, 2019

It was a referral from my neighbor that made me purchase from Kinetico. I got the softener series from them. They were good in setting up our appointment with them and in being courteous and easy to work with. The installation team was good too. But Kinetico's product seemed liked it was better before than what it is now, although that could be because of where our water is coming in to. I was gonna give them a call to see if they could come out and test the product again, but I haven’t done that yet. Nevertheless, our experience with Kinetico has been fine.

Original review: April 11, 2019

We've been using Kinetico softeners for 30 years now and I've been very satisfied with their service. We recently needed to replace most of our systems (we have five different ones) and I decided to go with Kinetico again. I did look at other providers but nothing else compared to them. Kinetico took care of everything and I received excellent service from them. They're right down the street and when I called them, they were here in 30 minutes. It took two days to have the system replaced in our laundry and we had to have a plumber come and replumb everything. What I like about Kinetico's systems is that they run by what usage they can get. The laundry uses a lot of water and the system we have in there processes a lot of water. On the other end of the building, we use the system for a hand sink and that doesn't use a whole lot of salt and doesn't work a lot.

Original review: April 10, 2019

We got the water softener and reverse osmosis system from Kinetico. A guy named Troy from Marshall Minnesota came down and put it in. It works. Since the system has been installed, the water is so much softer. It even tastes a lot better. In fact, my wife will not drink tap water unless it comes through the system. We got rural water, and I thought that was the best water until we got this thing. In addition to that, my wife says there's a huge difference in cleaning the shower. What I like about the Kinetico system is it's a salt-saving type. It recycles. It does one side, and then it won’t recycle until it needs it. And then, it switches to the other tank so you don't have to recycle every night. It's also water saving so it's great.

Original review: April 10, 2019

I previously had Kinetico's water filtration system in a former residence. I knew that it worked good and the water quality was a lot better from what the city water provided. So, I purchased a water softener from them for my current home as well as a reverse osmosis under the sink for the drinking water. The reps I spoke with were very professional. Also, the person that sold the products was my neighbor and I knew the guy well so everything went well. He did the installation, too which took four hours to complete. He explained the system to me very well and it seemed simple. With Kinetico, the water is a lot better during showers as far as on the skin and hair. The drinking water tastes a lot better, too.

Original review: April 9, 2019

I had been wanting a water treatment service for 10 years and I finally convinced my husband to get one. I liked the Kinetico saleslady. She answered all my questions and made me feel like none of them were dumb. We had granite to work around and I was concerned about damage on the overlay. She helped me through that process really well and I felt that they wouldn't damage it. The installation with their crew was good and flawless. There were no mistakes and they didn't crack my granite. The system is also easy to maintain, we just have to change the filters out every year. Now, I'm very finicky and I don't wanna drink anything but our water. I love Kinetico and have told many people to go with them.

Original review: April 8, 2019

We had a water softener from Kinetico years ago. We didn't replace it when it died. But we decided to replace it when we got new restrooms and a new kitchen. I needed a water softener to protect the new stuff. Setting an appointment with them is very easy. If you call, they're here right away. They are very pleasant people. If I'm on a schedule for getting salt, they will call me on the schedule and find out if I'm going to be home or not. They are usually in my driveway within minutes if I am at home. They bring the salt in and put it into the brine tank themselves. Then I pay them via online banking while they're still standing there. There's a difference in the water now. My hair doesn't feel like straw anymore. I would recommend Kinetico.

Original review: April 8, 2019

When my daughter was born (she just turned 13 yesterday), we wanted to do the best we could on our drinking water for formula. The local distributor here, Starkey Soft Water, has been around for a long time. The folks there are good people and they do things the right away. I got the Kinetico drinking water unit and I got a water softener because also have the under the sink drinking portion. We did the water testing and it was convincing that we needed to have a little better drinking water than what just comes out the tap. Everything was fine and their reps were very knowledgeable. Six months ago, I upgraded my drinking water unit to a newer one. The installation was painless. The technicians came out one morning, put in the unit and it went just fine. With this upgrade, the ice is somewhat crystal clear versus the cloudy-looking ice.

Original review: April 7, 2019

Brian and his crew with friendly and professional. I liked that they gave me all of the information I needed to make a decision about the purchase. They also gave me time to think about the purchase. When I called to schedule the installation, they were here within a few days. I worried about the fact that they would have to install in a well house, but they worked around the tight space and the system works quite well. I highly recommend Brian and Kinetico Water Systems.

Original review: April 7, 2019

I've used water softeners for years and I’ve had four Kinetico water systems. My dealer in Parkersburg is Starkey and I bought my first Kinetico system 20 years ago. The one that I’ve had for 10 years has been trouble-free. I have my dealer change the pre-filter once every year and I use the salt that they recommend. I don’t have trouble with my systems because I don’t let them get in trouble. I fix them if they're broken and do preventative maintenance as well.

I own three Kinetico systems right now I have a Kinetico system in my current house and I bought two more systems recently. Four months ago, a Kinetico system was installed in my condo. Then I just bought my second one and it was installed in my motor home garage yesterday. Everything worked like clockwork in setting up an appointment with the retailer and getting them out. During the installation, they honored the appointments and didn't push hard. We were under construction [and had to work around the general contractor a little bit], so they were patient. Since having the Kinetico system, everything is a lot better with our water. We have an extremely hard water situation and you can tell the softness of our water now that we have the Kinetico system. It's a good product and the service people have been good too.

Original review: April 6, 2019

I have a shallow well and a lot of iron in the water. The contractor, a local guy, suggested Kinetico. He uses the same stuff for a lot of the farms around here. He was great. He installed the water system and the installation experience was very good. The system that I got goes through three tanks and the softener. Since its installation, the water’s more saline. I worry that once in a while, it turns extremely salty where I have to spit it out. It also surges through a little bit and then it clears out again. But it’s still palatable and drinkable.

Original review: April 5, 2019

We’ve had a good experience with Kinetico. We had a smaller system put in Iowa years ago and then we put in a larger system last October in our new place. The water here is terrible. It is 55 grains harder and with iron, so we had to go for the larger Kinetico system. But it is a little noisier when it backwashes than the older systems were. Other than that, I’m really happy with them.

Original review: April 4, 2019

I've always liked soft water. I got a softener with a whole house filter from Kinetico. Setting up an appointment with them was a really good experience. One tech of theirs did our car washes as they have a good local reputation for commercial establishments, and then Kinetico came and did the house that I live in. The installation team was professional and super easy to work with. They did a good job and my experience with them was awesome. I like everything about the whole house filter that they put in and I tell my family and everyone how much I like it. I love the way the water tastes.

Original review: April 3, 2019

I previously owned a couple of water softeners and did not want to have a house without one. I had a Culligan system and I had to replace the seal packs on it twice. It ended up being around $300 in service calls between the two of them. I was not satisfied with their product and I didn’t realize that there was a product on the market that did not depend on electricity. So, when I saw Kinetico, I thought that might be a better way to go. I had them install the water softener, the chlorine remover and the reverse osmosis filtration system. I was satisfied with the Kinetico reps. They were courteous, professional, didn’t waste any time, got the job done quickly, got the system set up and there were minimal interruptions to having water in the house. It was, overall, a very good experience. Kinetico is what I like it to be since I know what to expect with saltwater. I recommended them to people when I talked about it.

Original review: April 2, 2019

We got rural water out on a acreage, and the water wasn’t as soft as what we woulda liked, and we were seeing a lot of calcium deposits on fixtures. The local Kinetico rep here in this area does a really nice job. The rep came out, did some water testing, and he was really easy to work with. Another benefit after talking with him was having the salt tank be remote. So, we have that out in the garage, and then the line runs from the salt tank into the house to where the actual filtration tanks are. That was a huge benefit. We got the Signature Series and the installation was painless. They came in, scheduled the installation, and got it done in a couple of hours.

Original review: April 1, 2019

We got the water softer system and drinking station from Kinetico. We worked with Ray and everything was really, really good. Everything was really quick, very knowledgeable, and gave me the details on how to use and maintain the system. I had an issue with the system shortly after it was installed, and Ray was there pretty much the very next day. The drinking system was linked to the fridge, and he didn’t close the valve tightly from the normal water hose, so the water leaked through the basement. Ray looked at it and saw the leak. And he was willing to pay for the damage. Overall, the system is a very good product and we enjoy it. The drinking water tastes sweet, and the water is softer than what it was. I use the same water for a hot tub, and the water has been pretty easy on the skin. I would definitely recommend Kinetico.

Original review: March 29, 2019

My new house has hard water and I started researching water softeners. I googled and a friend told me about Kinetico. The rep was very informative and the interaction with the installation team was very good. They were able to get it installed quickly. Since having Kinetico, I I haven't noticed the issues that we had at our previous house such as a lot of calcium buildup on our faucets.

Original review: March 28, 2019

We got hard water where we lived and we were looking for a water softener. We called a couple of people to come look at it and Kinetico was the best. They were more reasonably priced and there was no electrical hook-up with them. The reps were all pleasant and the installers got the installation done. Since we had Kinetico, the water looks good now and I would recommend them. They did a good job and we like them.

Original review: March 27, 2019

From my initial phone call to Martins Water all the way through until my one month follow up visit, I was incredibly impressed! I appreciated how thorough each person I came into contact was. I was overwhelmed never having a water softener system before and they put my mind at ease every time.

Kinetico expert review by Greg Chick

Kinetico Water Systems offers water softeners and reverse osmosis systems for your home. Kinetico was among the first companies to offer nonelectric, fully automatic water treatment systems. Kinetico’s systems are powered by moving water, which keeps your cost down for operation and repairs.

• Nonelectric systems: Kinetico’s water treatment systems do not run on electricity. They use the movement of the water they contain to power their own filtration systems. This process keeps operation and repair costs low.

• Free water testing and quotes: If you’re not sure if you need water treatment, you can schedule a free water test with Kinetico’s experts. You can also receive free quotes on any system you need.

• Water softeners: Kinetico has several different options for water softeners. From compact, simple systems to full systems for hard water.

• Drinking water filters: Kinetico has several different options for drinking water filtration. You can purchase a full filtration system or a smaller filtration tap.

• Specialty solutions: Kinetico also sells several different specialty solutions for water that needs filtering. Aerators and dechlorinators are available to help remove chemicals and minerals from your water systems.

• Best for: people interested in a nonelectric filtration system.

Profile picture of Greg Chick
Greg Chick Water Treatment Systems Contributing Editor

Greg Chick has worked as an entrepreneur for over 40 years with a background in plumbing, irrigation, pools and water heating. He is a member of Green Plumbers USA, International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials and American Society of Plumbing Engineers. Greg works to educate residential consumers about quality plumbing products.

Kinetico Company Information