RainSoft Water Treatment Systems

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

The guy from RainSoft came out to my house and did a few tests on my water. I've always filtered my water and when he did the test, he shared with me that our water through our house was in really good shape. But he showed me the canister that I could put in front where my water inlet comes into the house. I put it right after the inlet valve, so all the water that runs to my house now is filtered and I like that idea. The guys that put it in were awesome. They came in and were done in a half hour. They were very professional and I appreciated everything they did. It was a worthwhile experience and I would do it again.

I was concerned about the chemicals potentially in the water and found RainSoft online. The consultation with the sales rep was great. He was extremely friendly, very prompt, and thorough. The installers were all very friendly and courteous. They worked out whatever issues there were and everything was clean from the installation standpoint. We got all of the RainSoft products including the washing machine thing, the spout for the faucet on the kitchen sink, the salt, plus the filter unit. After the installation, the water is better. Everything is good.

My wife was concerned about chemicals or iron in the water. I had a call from RainSoft after doing a water test at Home Depot and I was asked if they could send their guy out and I said yes. The sales rep who came was great, very thorough, knowledgeable, really informative, and entertaining. He did a great job. I got the two-canister water filtration system and the salt. The installation guy came and I talked to him about where the water goes then he got to work and I left him alone. Then he let me know when he was done and showed me how to use the system. He was efficient. Now, the water is easier to drink and bathing is nicer. It does what it’s supposed to do and we’re happy with it. The whole experience was excellent.

We have a well and had problems with the sulfur smell in our water. The smell had gotten so bad that I didn’t even want to give my kid a bath in the water. Setting up the consultation with RainSoft was real easy. They called and set up an appointment time, and they came out after work so we didn’t have to take off which was very convenient. The sales rep was very knowledgeable, gave us his credentials, and told us how long he’d been doing this. The installers were very easygoing, answered all of my husband's questions, and showed him exactly how to handle everything. We purchased a water treatment system and with that we got the supply of soaps. With well water, we had a lot of iron buildup on our toilets and sinks, and we don’t have any of that anymore. There’s also no more smell and I feel perfectly safe drinking the water out of the faucet.

American Home Design does a lot of work for us and they told us about RainSoft. RainSoft called ahead of time for the consultation and it was very pleasant experience with their rep. He came in, tested the city water, and we saw what was all in the water and it was disgusting. We never drank the water because we usually bought bottled water but he explained that all bottled water isn’t good either. So he tested a couple of bottles that I had and one was okay while another one wasn’t so good. He sat down, explained it all, and wasn’t pushy. At first we said no and that we couldn’t afford it. Then we tried to figure out how we can work it in and now we love it. It’s simple and the water tastes great and makes our skin feel so soft and good.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RainSoft, A Division of Aquion, Inc.?

I believe in honest reviews because I use them often when determining whether or not to buy some of the more pricey things which I consider more of an investment rather than something cheap and throwaway. Let's face it, we like to know if the money we're putting out there is buying a product that lives up to its claims.

Well, like everyone here, the venture starts off with a sales pitch about the quality of the water you currently have. It surprised me when the salesman tested the water and found it to be of somewhat good quality, with middle of the road hardness. He was actually going to tell me I might not need my water treated, but I still wanted to hear more about the RainSoft EC4 System. He explained how the system worked, and it was different from units classified as water softeners. It has a small salt tank that you can load with 5 bags of salt, but the salt is only used by the conditioning system to clean the filters.

I reviewed the literature and I went online to research the product here where I found numerous recommendations. My interest grew with the positive reviews, so I went ahead and purchased the system even though my water was middle of the road hardness. No matter how good you think your tap water is, I can tell you it still has something to be desired for smell and taste in most cases. I was an avid bottled water drinker, and I can definitely tell the difference between my bottled water and tap water. Needless to say, I was going to some rather pricey bottled water every month so I figured over time this system's price can be offset some with the money I'd save from not buying bottled water.

They offer two packages in the Southern California market (and perhaps others) where you get the conditioning unit and a reverse osmosis system under the kitchen sink for the lower of the two offers. The more higher priced options also included some kind of air filtration unit and a ozone producing unit that would attach to your washer rendering any need for laundry soap (which I'm not sure if I could actually feel clean without soap washing my clothes) so I opted for the lower end, more popular package. They were able to install it in my home the very next day.

It's only been a week now and my water has never been better. It feels slippery clean on the body in the shower, and the water produced either in the reverse osmosis 3 filter system under the kitchen sink or the taps where there is no additional filtering is completely free of smell and tastes. I also don't see the spotting of anything in my dishwasher or tap water residues I usually scrub out of the sinks every few days. The water is definitely spotless on the shower doors and there's even a new spigot put on in the front of the house that will allow you to use one spigot with the untreated water for watering your plants or yard with a hose, or you can attach the hose to the treated water spigot and wash your car with a spot-free finish.

Installation was professionally done and it took about 6 hours or so. Expect installation to take place in the garage in most circumstances or wherever your main water line enters the home. I happen to have a source of power nearby, or the installer will run a line to source the power from another location at no additional charge. A PVC pipe "waste/flush" line was run along the ceiling of my garage to a point where the pipe was installed through the drywall into the drain for the washer on the other side of the wall. Keep in mind this was what was needed for my installation since I didn't have any nearby drainage sources near the unit installation. 100% professional workmanship on the pipe soldering, etc.

Don't let me forget to add that they also throw in a 5 year membership with a company that will supply you cleaning materials for an estimated "5 years" based upon the sales pitch. I can't confirm or deny that it will work out that way since I have no way of knowing how much we can actually purchase using "points" given to use for that purpose. The products are mostly concentrates that you'll add water to in order to create the end product. They gave us some free samples of each item which includes laundry, dish washing, window cleaner, general purpose cleaners, and a bar of soap.

It didn't take much concentrate to mix the products so the concentrate should last a long time, but again I can't know if it will be 5 years since that depends on many factors. I think the point is, you will use LESS cleaning supplies since your water is conditioned. I think it's safe to say you'll cut your cleaning liquids in half (again my estimate). Just my experience, but with the cleaning liquids they offered me and since I don't need to buy more bottle water, I can nearly pay for the price of the system in about 6 years.

One final note for those who want all the details. With any water system there is a small amount of maintenance. The cost of the salt, which runs on average around $7 a 40 pound bag. Don't think that will be a large cost, but you also will need to change the membrane in the main unit in the garage about every 5 years at a estimated cost of $400 from what I was told. So, that comes to about $7 a month average. Also, don't forget you need to change the 2 filters and membrane in your under sink reverse osmosis system at least annually (or up to 18 months in some circumstances) for around $75 online. Keep in mind the prices I'm providing are estimates, but should be close.

I want you to have all the information you need to make an informed purchase if you feel interested in getting one of these systems. I feel you won't regret it. The water quality will be superior. I saw one review state that it was better than "bottled" water. I concur. This system lives up to its claims. Worth mentioning is RainSoft included a Lifetime Equipment Warranty and the dealer provides a 1 year Service Warranty. It's also possible for you to take this system with you if you should move, although it may require you to obtain the services of a plumber or RainSoft dealer to make it happen since it does require some plumbing knowledge. I believe they quoted me around $400 to $500 to make that move, but CHECK with the installer for realistic costs if you plan to move anytime after your purchase and you want to take it with you.

I had a free test from Home Depot which led me to research on water treatment systems. Rainsoft then called me on the phone and when the sales rep came out, he showed us a lot of things with the water and the different uncleanliness of it. I was at work when they did the installation, but they did a good job and it looks really good. It has improved our water system so much. I no longer have the heartburn that I used to have. Our water tastes so much better and the shower feels differently now as well.

The RainSoft sales rep called and showed up, and he had a book with all kinds of data. I can only assume that it's all correct. He was very polite, took his time and answered all of my questions. His demonstration was amazing. We got the complete RainSoft package. The water is awesome. However, they've already had to come out and repair the water in our shower. But the neat thing about it is I could tell that something was wrong. So, I called them up and sure enough, there was. The difference in the water is just amazing.

I purchased a RainSoft system for the whole place and another one for the kitchen sink, and I am very pleased with it. The installation went smoothly and everything went fine. Since I had the system installed, the water is very clear and it's better than bottled water. It really tastes good. My daughter even said, "It's wonderful. We love and enjoy it."

We got a RainSoft system after the water test. The sales rep who came for consultation seemed to be very knowledgeable. He did a very thorough job about explaining what is actually in the water, where it comes from specific to our ZIP code and our water sources and it made sense to us. The installation guy was very good and worked very, very well. Now, we have done away with buying bottled water since we buy every once in a while just to have something on the go. There's also a reduction in the detergents that we buy. Also, the water that goes on the body and the lack of stuff it leaves behind on the showerhead, on the dishes and especially the silverware and the glasses, it’s not clouded anymore. RainSoft has delivered what was promised.

We needed a water softener for a lot of things, especially for washing clothes, since we live on a farm and our water is rusty. Everybody from RainSoft has been very cooperative and friendly, and we got along just fine. Since installing our system our water has not been rusty like it used to be. Everything’s working the way it’s supposed to.

We were shopping in Home Dept when a lady asked us about our water. We told her it was terrible so she hooked us up with RainSoft's sales rep who was professional, intelligent and knowledgeable. He said he was a master chemist and that he used to be over the Dallas water system. We've had serious problems with our water for 45 years. The whole water system is the worst in North Louisiana. It would stain fixtures and clothes. We took the test and he showed it to us versus what it looked like before he ran it through his little machine. He convinced us and we did the deal. Home Depot offered this closeout deal to do it that day for free soap for about five years and no sales tax. We got the full treatment plus the water under the sink which breaks it down to bottled water purity.

The installation team took a lot longer than they had planned on because the way our water comes into our home, it splits to two different pipes where one goes to one end of the house and the other goes to the other. They had to go back to the meter so they could run it to the system and back out to where it hooks up just past the meter to go down. They did a lot more work than they planned on and it took them all day. Now, the clothes are cleaner, the water tastes great and we know that we’ve got good, clean water to drink. I’d recommend it and as a matter of fact, I’m trying to get our son to get the system.

I had an old system but some friends of ours told us that I should get a new one because they did. So we got it from RainSoft and we're always liking it. It's a pretty good softener and I got the best product they had. It has value and is a lot better than my old one was. They improved it and I like that. When the installers came, they were friendly, courteous and very good. Since then, I have noticed that I got an on demand hot water heater and it's been better. It's also been hotter so it's working and it's doing a pretty good job. I'd recommend them to any friend or anybody.

Excellent service. I bought the water softener system with the salt tank for the whole house. The sales representative was great, really knowledgeable and pleasant to deal with. The installation guys were great too. Our skin quality has improved, we don't have to use lotion now and don't notice any water spots on our dishes anymore.

My wife has been trying to convince me to get treatment for our water since 1998 and then we've heard about RainSoft through our son. He got it and he kept telling us how great it was and what a difference it made in his life and his family. He called RainSoft and set us up an appointment with a rep. He was very informative. He showed us all the different things that were in the water. He's a good representative of the company. The installation team gave us a lot of information about how the whole house water system works and where they wanted to put it and where we wanted it. Then, we worked out exactly where it should be. We didn't dredge the entrance to the attic, but that's okay. We're satisfied with it.

The system made our water better. We like the reverse osmosis for our drinking and cooking water. The water's taste is different. Our drinkable water was good to begin with, but it had a few things in it and the treatment system made it better. Also, the water leaves a different feel to the body after getting out of the shower, and our clothes now come out softer and brighter after washing them. I would recommend it to anyone.

We knew we had hard water in the house as the water around the San Antonio area is really hard, so we figured to get a water treatment system. We got RainSoft's water softening system and the reverse osmosis for the kitchen sink, and the team that installed it was very good. We could definitely tell a big difference from what we used to have to what we have now. There is no more buildup around all my walls and there’s a better feeling getting out of showers. So it’s a lot better and we're loving it.

I didn't overall like the taste of our water, especially drinking from the faucet. It was unbearable and I've always heard Florida water was bad so I wanted to check out what's going on with it and did the Home Depot water testing for free. I took that home, tested my water, and sent it off. Then they called me and gave me my details and my numbers on how the quality of my water was. They had a guy come out who did a demonstration and showed us what's going on with our water. He recommended RainSoft so we went with that, got our unit, and we're loving it so far.

The sales rep was very thorough, enthusiastic and attentive. He kept our attention the entire time, helped guide us through, and explained everything. Then when the installer came out, I peeked in and out on him while he was doing his thing. He helped me understand the system and how it works as he was installing it, and he answered all the questions I had. Now the water tastes a lot cleaner and it feels a lot better taking showers. I can definitely tell the difference and I don't have that hard water feel when I get out.

I knew my water wasn't the best quality and it was very hard to begin with. So, I wanted to see what the results of a test was and sure enough, it was very hard. We had chlorine in the water as well, above three parts per million, which is higher than what you have in your swimming pool. And that tells me that there were bacteria in the water, so they had to treat it to make it drinkable.

Setting up the consultation with RainSoft was very easy and I enjoyed the conversation very much. The sales rep was very knowledgeable. I ordered the air cleaner as well as the reverse osmosis under the sink, and we had a good time putting it in. The installers were very pleasant to talk to and everything worked out to my satisfaction. The difference is amazing now. I would recommend RainSoft to anyone. It was a very enjoyable experience dealing with the people, finding out about the quality of my water and taking steps to resolve the problems that we had. It's the best move I've made as far as the house in quite some time.

RainSoft was giving away a free water test when we were at Home Depot. So we went for it since we just bought a house and didn't know what was in our water. It was very easy to set up an appointment for a consultation with the sales rep. They were very flexible with the days and times that work. They even wanted to come that day at 8:00 PM. The sales rep came to our home with his kit. He was very kind and easy to talk to, so we felt comfortable talking to him. We were able to have kind of a magic show where we were looking at the water and how these little drops changed. Seeing what was actually in our water was very interesting. We got the water filter system.

The Rainsoft installation team came the next day. I wasn't able to be there, so my husband opened the door for them, and then they took care of our business and left. Everything was set up and it was fine when I came home. Now that we've had the system installed, our water makes our skin and hair very soft and we feel cleaner with it. The system we purchased came with free soap -- dish washing, laundry, hand soap, body soap, shampoo -- for five years, so that was nice. The whole process was very fast. We ordered the system on Sunday and it got installed on Monday, so there was no waiting, and that was very nice and convenient. Overall, our experience with RainSoft was informative, quick, and worth it.

I needed my water system because the community water system had poor testing. Home Depot had Rainsoft. I set up a consultation and the Rainsoft rep called to confirm before he arrived. He came, answered all my questions and gave me a lot of good information. He thoroughly explained how the financial arrangement worked, what the whole package consisted of, how it would be installed, maintenance, as well as testing. I signed up and I got Rainsoft purification under the sink tied into a whole house system under my home. From there we went on with the installation which they were able to set at a time that worked for me. The installation went seamlessly. Since having the Rainsoft system our skin is in better condition, the water tastes a lot better and most of all, I have confidence that I'm drinking clear, clean water. I had an incredible experience with Rainsoft.

Consumer Increased Rating!

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems

Thank you for making us aware of your concerns with your RainSoft system. We will be contacting your local dealer regarding this matter.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2016

Be wary of their Life Time guarantee. I have my system checked every year. 4 years ago it cost $75. It's now up to $155 plus a $45 charge for the service tech. I had my system checked out. It was working perfectly at the time. The service tech did something and said I needed a part and left. I went through 5 bags of salt in the next week. A different tech came out and said that part was good but it needed a different part. They said I have to pay for the part and the shipping of the part, so much for the lifetime guarantee. To schedule a time takes 8 days since they were out. For a $7000 system I expected parts to be covered under a lifetime guarantee. On the positive side, the system does work. In the long run, it's cheaper to buy a cheaper model for $400 and replace it every year.

Our water was full of iron so we couldn't drink it. It smells bad and stained all of our fixtures. Then we heard about Rainsoft from Home Depot. We had a great sales guy, who was very informative, clear, and professional. The installer was great too, and the sales rep who came at our home for consultation answered our questions and solidified any concerns we had. He focused on talking about all the eco-benefits which we didn't know about, and that sold us. He also told us about the laundry thing where we could only use cold water and it runs through an oxygenation thing and we thought that was the best thing ever, so we ordered that too.

I also love that they tested the water, because we found out that it has alkaline in it. He also tested the bottled water which we drink and he saved us from continuing to buy that because now, our well water is of better quality. It was eye-opening. We now drink water from our kitchen. It's clean. Nothing marks or stains. In our bathroom, the system is doing what it's supposed to but we still smell a lot of iron from time to time. We're not sure if that could possibly be the pipes, so we're going to ask Rainsoft about that. Also, the water comes through so fast. I don't know how the system picks that up. We bought a new shower head and it's got some of the rust on it, like how it turns with the oxidation. They said they would come out and do a follow up visit, but they haven't done that. Still, I've recommended them a ton.

Our water started to stink so I stopped at Home Depot and got a water test done. The rep that I talked to came out and tested the water. He was a nice guy and very polite. He showed us everything that he was doing and why and I got a softener and drinking water filters. However, I was not impressed with the installer. One guy had been there a while and he was with a guy that was in training and the guy said that he would come back and check the second guy’s work, and make sure it was good to go since it’s one of his first jobs. He left and then we left. When we got back, the guy was just finishing up but the guy that had been there a while never came back to inspect the work, so the trainee left. I went down there and looked everything over and found multiple things I wasn’t impressed with at all.

I talked to the guy that sold the unit to me and he said he’d get somebody out there as soon as possible to get it fixed, which they did. I told the guy that came out what I didn’t like and why and he argued with me a little bit on why he did stuff, which made no sense. I was not happy with him at all. He did do what I wanted him to do but it should have been done the first time. Since we've had the system installed, the water is great. The only thing I hate is the loss of pressure that we had. We used to be able to run two showers and the washer at the same time and we can’t do that anymore.

A long time ago I heard about RainSoft and bought their water conditioning system. The installers were very friendly and did a fine job. However, we do have one issue. When we called for the customer survey because my wife wanted to redeem her $25 gift certificate, it asked if we wanted to redeem it now. And she thought she had to use it right then. So, she pushed “no” and then it was gone, and we never received the $25 gift certificate. And we couldn’t get back in and redo it. Other than that, it was a nice experience.

My wife came home and said someone was going to come by and test our water for us. Rainsoft did and they showed us the results. So, we decided to get their complete water filter system for the entire house. The process was quick and easy. The installer told me exactly when they were coming and what they were going to do. It took a day to install it, but due to the structure of our house, I could understand why it took him that long. Plus, I appreciated him taking that long to get it done right the first time. The only drawback was they cut walls in the Sheetrock when they extended a PVC-like pipe in one room, but it has since been repaired. Our water tastes better now. I like the silkiness feeling of the water when we wash dishes or take a shower. It was absolutely awesome.

My husband drinks a lot of water. When I ask him what the water tastes like before, he says, "Kinda like dirt." Then we saw RainSoft at Home Depot and we liked it. We got the water conditioning system on the spot. It is a great product and we have a great experience. They are very informative, I learned a lot, you just don't realize how much stuff is in your water. So it was quite interesting. Robin was very nice. And then, the installers were prompt and they did everything on time. Now, the water is so much softer. It's amazing how much you can tell the difference when you thought your water was fine, but then you get better water. When we're taking a shower or a bath, it's just much silkier. We've been really happy with it. Drinking wise, my husband says he can tell the difference.

I am concerned about what's in the water. I've had bad experiences with Culligan so I don't like them. Scharnweber is who I always have had but I was tired of them, too. When we bought something at Home Depot, we were given a sampling kit to sample water which was through RainSoft. So we took a sample, sent it in and RainSoft got a hold of us. We made an appointment and their sales rep came out and took more samples. He was very friendly and accommodating in testing the water and explaining things and we liked him a lot.

We bought the purified water system and also the carbon filter. The installer was very friendly, nice and seemed like he knew what he was doing. He got it all hooked up. He told me that I needed to fill something out on the computer which I did but it didn't go through. I talked to somebody from RainSoft and they helped me through it so that's all filled out now.

The purified water tastes very good. They explained that for a day, it would be cloudy because of all the bubbles. It was, then it cleared up. I like the idea of the carbon filter taking all the bad things out of the water on its way into the house. That means the water that I cook with and bathe in is gonna be chemical-free, so I like that. But I don't like the dish soap as much as my Dawn. I won't be ordering any more of that. I'm not sold on the bath soap either although it's great for shaving my legs. I've used the laundry soap once, too, but when it's in the washer it seemed like it got everything clean though it's hard to tell. But I'm very happy and satisfied with the Rainsoft system even if it's a bit pricey. I would definitely recommend RainSoft to a friend.

We were impressed with the Rainsoft's demonstration guy that showed us about the water. Also, my wife has a problem with her skin and the bad water wasn't helping it. I told the sales rep to come over and he gave us a time and came back. They wanted us to make a decision right then and there and didn't give us a chance to talk about it. But then we weighed the pros and cons and got started since it was something my wife had been thinking about doing anyway. We got the water softening product and the one for the drinking water. The installers were courteous and did a great job. Since we've been using this, the water is softer and my wife's skin has improved a whole lot. It was an informative and productive experience overall.

A friend of ours gave us a referral, and then we were called by Home Depot for an appointment. We have friends who had an older water system, and it's been something that we thought about. The sales rep was very accommodating, informative, and was able to come at the time that was convenient for us. We got RainSoft's water purification system, a whole house system, and the triple osmosis under the kitchen sink. The installer was here for some time and was very neat. He didn't make a mess, wasn't obtrusive, and seemed to be a very friendly guy.

Since getting the system, I haven't had to buy bottled water and that has been a wonderful difference. It's convenient how I don't have to pull one out to fill up my coffeemaker, don't have to bathe after I shower, and the taste of the water is better. It's been very good. I would have liked a better program with the financing, though, where I'm not paying that large amount of interest at the beginning, but I don't know if that's something you would do. But as far as the product, service people, installation, and sales, I've been very pleased.

RainSoft Technical service is horrible and they hang up the phone on your face while talking. It happened to me just now also. No one denies for periodical service and change in filters. But, they charge you big bucks irrespective of whether there is need for service or not, even to come and test water after noticing some issues. This is ridiculous. I suggest you not to go for RainSoft, it is better of you purchase water rather than having system and pay through your nose.

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems Company Profile

RainSoft, A Division of Aquion, Inc.
1953