Accredited Partner

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.08/5

Since 1953, RainSoft has been a worldwide leader in providing families with premium water treatment and air purification systems. RainSoft is dedicated to designing, manufacturing and offering the industry's most diverse product line of water and air solutions for families like yours.

Their corporate Customer Focus Team ensures that each and every RainSoft customer is 100% satisfied.

A leader in the water treatment industry for 67 years, RainSoft takes the worry out of water.

RainSoft - a Pentair Company Video
RainSoft - a Pentair Company Gallery (1)
View More View More

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Feb. 4, 2020

We started this with a tiny water sample through Home Depot. We were then contacted to do a larger scale testing at our home. We KNEW how gross our water was and had photos of some of the nastiness and a coffee maker it destroyed. We had a rep come out (Sat) and do the test. She was on time, adorable and professional. The test was interesting. Yes we're pitched with a sale, various options but we were very interested and if you decide to sign up then, you save $2500. We did and chose the above mentioned items for our package. You fill out the paperwork to see if you're able to get financing and you'll be contacted in a few days. I contacted the rep Weds as we'd not heard and she'd just not gotten to us but we were approved.

We scheduled for the following Sat for install. The installer showed up right on time and was very and knowledgeable. He explained what his plan was and we left him to it. He was done in about 2 hours, explained how everything worked very thoroughly, gave his personal cell if any issues etc. He also left 3 bags of salt for us. This is where my lack of 5 stars comes. While signing HIS paperwork, we realize that the "financing papers" we signed with the rep were in fact the contract. In conversation something was said that made us question things. We definitely felt it was very shady. She does NOT tell you that you are signing the actual contract for the system. YOU ARE!!

The reason this matters a ton is because you only have 3 days to cancel from the date you sign that paper!! By the time we realized this, it had been a week. You're stuck. Thankfully we really wanted the system so for us, it didn't matter other than again, it seemed very shady. I made sure I let her know I wasn't happy and it was made to sound like I misunderstood. No I didn't. My fiance and I both are 100% it was NEVER said that it was THE contract. It took about 24 hrs for us to use the old water in the hwh and the new water to start coming through but once it did...OH BOY!! It's like night and day. I call it my silk water. I LOVE it!!

Everything is better. Our skin, our small appliances, the taste..everything! I have noticed with the air purifier that my sneezing is significantly less and I have horrible allergies and A LOT of animals. The CleanStart is super cool and makes everything smell like citrus no matter what laundry products you use. I am just finishing what i have and you need VERY little. With our package we get 5 years of cleaning products. I ordered them Sat and they're expected on Weds. (Today is Monday) So very quick. I cannot review the products yet but they're basically free so...

Our financing allows for 6 months no payments and no down payment. Rainsoft gives 3 months free then we are to receive a check to pay for the following 3 months. I was very worried this is where we'd get screwed. Nope. The check came today! It's very early but it's here so very happy about that! I know the reviews vary greatly for Rainsoft and we've only had it for a full week but other than the lack of contract transparency, so far we are absolutely thrilled with everything!! Just know about that contract before you sign but also remember how much you save if you do sign while the rep is in house. We've heard some pretty bad stuff about the customer service but we've not had to use it yet so time will tell and I will update should things change. So far we are really happy with ALL of it!!

Get buying tips about Water Treatment Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2020

I’m involved with some of the sports programs where RainSoft does sponsorships and I’m also familiar with a couple of people that work there through those, which was probably the main reason I called them. I had a unit put in probably 2007, so that would be about 12 years ago. It was an iron filter and a water softener, and the iron filter had failed about a year ago. So, I called the company that put it in. They were saying the iron in my water had changed such that I didn’t have iron anymore and that I didn’t need the iron filter. Also, that I was fine with the test that they ran. But the feel and the smell of the water were drastically different, so the iron filter was doing something in those regards.

I know people from other water places, so I reached out to them and they told me the same thing. I wasn’t satisfied with the answer so I called RainSoft, and they came out and the answers they gave me in two minutes made sense. They definitely knew what they were talking about because it turned out that my suspicion was right. The iron filter was doing something to help with the smell of the water and my arsenic level. When they came out, not only did they answer my question but they gave me three different options. They gave me the different solutions and explained the pros and cons of all those different solutions and the price, which was important. I was on the phone with these other guys for weeks and Danny from RainSoft came out and answered all my questions. I was blown away. I was so impressed with him in explaining the pros and cons so I went with the most expensive option.

I have an iron filter and an Eco Oxytech EC4. One knocks out the iron and the other one knocks out what causes the smell in your water. I had a green-sand filter knocked down the iron, so I noticed that the arsenic level had gone up a little bit. We have the unit and the reverse osmosis system, and with the results that I experienced immediately, the smell went away. Whatever iron I have will get knocked out completely before it even hits the water softener. So, the iron level was drastically less. I’m very happy and I wish I had not dillydallied with the other two places. I should’ve just called RainSoft. I wanted to do my research and get the answers, and I didn’t wanna feel obligated to use RainSoft so, I went to them as a last resort, which was silly on my part. I should’ve just went with them right off the get-go.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2020

I had solids in my water. It was something that stains porcelains in my bathrooms and my sink. I had a system already but it was very old and I couldn’t rely on it anymore. So, I wanted to upgrade to a new system. I went online and found Carolina Freshwater, the company that installed RainSoft's product. And that one looked like something that was an upgrade from what I had, so that’s what I did.

A salesperson came out from the company and talked to me for three and a half hours, and I couldn’t run him off. He also did the water testing but he was more sales than he was anything. At the time, I already decided to buy the thing, then I just had to go through the program. I got both the water conditioner and softener, and the installation went great. Since then, the water is as I expected. It’s very good and clear. I put my RainSoft in in early November, then I sent off a sample in mid-December to RainSoft, and I haven’t heard anything. But I presume that’s good news.

All in all, I got what I paid for and I’m happy with my experience. The product was extremely expensive, but I knew that going in. I also knew I bought the service and that was what I was going for. I needed someone to service this thing yearly, which they assured me was gonna happen. I have a well and I need this system. I could’ve gone to Lowe's or Home Depot and bought something sort of similar for quite a bit of less money, but then, I would have had to have a plumber come. I just didn’t want to involve myself in going through all that. I wanted a one-shot deal and I pay RainSoft for what it’s worth.

And now, if I have problems, I call Carolina Freshwater and that works for me. In fact, I will contact them in the future about the fact that the RO system sometimes doesn't shut off. It will trickle and you can hear it in the drain for three or four minutes. I'm wondering if I can up the pressure in the RO system within the system itself because I have good water pressure in the rest of the house and I think there’s not enough pressure to adequately shut off. I’ve read about it, but I’m not gonna get down there and tinker around with the fittings. Also, the only thing it feeds is the freshwater on the sink. I have a separate spigot for the RO and it goes to my ice machine. But I haven’t contacted them about it because I wanted to change the refrigerators and see if that ice machine was the problem. It turned out that it wasn’t. So, I’ll contact them about that, too.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

RainSoft sent me a thing in the mail for a free thing of Tide, which I have not received. I was supposed to get that for having my water tested. I got their system and it's outside in the yard. It’s a big thing and it hasn’t much salt in it. I've had the system since October 2nd. The salesman was nice and polite. The installers were nice too, but they did not finish the job. It got dark on them. They said someone would be back the next day. But they ended up running the extension cord and they didn't leave enough wire for the next guy that came out to finish the job, so they told him they needed to rerun the wire. Another guy came out and he was very nice. The third installation guy said he knew how to fix it but he was not a certified electrician, so they won’t let him do it. He would send a certified electrician.

A month went by and went into November. The electrician finally came and he hooked it to the receptacle, but I didn't feel like the wire was buried all the way because it was dark out. I was out there with the installers when they were doing it and I said that I wanted it buried at least deep as their shovel was. They did a couple of feet then I went in. All of a sudden, they were done and I didn't see any dig marks, so I’m pretty sure they did not bury that part. They just kinda threw some dirt over it. Also, I know it’s only a couple inches because I can pull the dirt back with my hand and look. It’s only a couple inches. That’s next to the house where they had run the wire under. It's not likely that the dogs or anything will dig right there. The technicians ended up not running a new wire. I wanted them to run a new wire because if they bury it deep enough, they would have enough room.

I then had to go to North Carolina for a funeral for my nephew and I just got back. I got back like Wednesday night. I didn't know who to call after that. A technician came out but I wasn’t home then. I called my friend and told the technician that my friend was going to be there in 15 minutes. When my friend got there, there was nobody there. I called the number that the tech called me from and said I thought he was gonna bury that to which he said it was already buried. But I think he only checked the system and didn't check the spot. I haven't had a chance to get out there and dig around myself to see. I’m terrified of electricity. Other than to fix the light switch, I’m fine with it. But I’m gonna have a friend of mine come over and kinda dig around out there and see. I guess I could unplug it and then dig around. That would probably be a smart thing to do.

Since having my system installed, I can tell a difference. Everything feels slick like for the shower and the dishes. Somebody was buying salt and I inquired about which salt to buy. He said that he didn't like that thing. It made everything feel slimy because it felt like you couldn't get the soap rinsed off. But it becomes a good feeling after you do it a couple of times. It feels like you’re clean.

Original review: July 29, 2019

Bottom Line: We purchased a complete home softener/conditioner water system from RainSoft of Huntsville. After 3 days of use, we've found it to be awesome. Softener/Conditioner Product: The EC5-100-V system provides the whole house with softened and conditioned water - the girls love the soft skin feeling and no longer need conditioner when shampooing. We are using less soap across the board for hands, sink, dishwasher, showers, clothes washing - it is like our soaps are now supercharged. Use less - get more suds!

Drinking Water Product: Our under sink filter (reverse osmosis) provides the purest drinking water we've ever tasted - beats any bottled water we've tried. We've noticed that our Keurig coffee tastes better too. We also find ourselves drinking more water each day - a good thing. Purchase & Installation: We invited the owner (Mr. Randy Williams) of RainSoft Huntsville out for a demonstration. We were a bit skeptical at first, but the demonstrations done by Mr. Williams actually won us over into believing the RainSoft product would improve our water throughout our home. We purchased their top of the line system and Mr. Williams set up its installation for that afternoon.

The installer Mr. Doug **, arrived exactly as promised by Mr. Williams. He set up shop in our driveway and was very efficient installing our system. I cannot recall him making a motion that wasn't thought out and needed for installation. He did the under sink Ultrafiner system first and then installed the EC-5 system in our garage. Throughout, Mr. ** explained what he was doing, how things worked and answered every question I had. As part of the EC5's plumbing, we now have a whole house shut off spigot in our garage - no more running out to the street meter to turn water off if we need!

Mr. ** gave us confidence that we purchased a quality product backed by an honorable business owner. He has worked for RainSoft of Huntsville for over 15 years and spoke highly of the owner. Not often an installer will sincerely do that. Summary: If you are considering a water treatment system for your home - getting a demo from RainSoft of Huntsville is a wise move. We live in Madison, AL and have a great water utility, but this RainSoft system took our good water and made it awesome.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RainSoft - a Pentair Company?

Original review: May 20, 2020

We purchased our Rainsoft system approx 5 years ago and it has been one of the best investment decison we've ever made for our family. Exceptional product and consistent, reliable service. Love Our Water!!! John B. Coconut Creek, FL

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: May 11, 2020

Bought this system in '93 with a lifetime warranty. Over the years we have paid over $600 in service calls. On the last visit the service man recommended I buy a new system. I asked about the lifetime warranty and he said that I had gotten a lifetime of use from this system and they could not get parts anymore. Today the resin tank failed again, clogging up faucets and the washer with the little white beads. So here comes another $98 service call and I don't know what the outcome will be. I can not recommend anyone buy Rainsoft.

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems response

Hi Rod, it's honestly great to hear from one of our long time customers and to see how we can best help you. There are many parts that are still covered under warranty on your system, one of which is the resin which we will promptly provide at no charge. Please understand, the electrical components are no longer covered under warranty on this particular unit, but should the computer board need replacing there are a couple of options available. We have been in touch with your RainSoft dealer and will continue to work with them to best resolve this matter.

Original review: May 8, 2020

System worked well but they were not upfront with us about the cost of maintenance and once you buy it you are locked in to their company if you want your warranty to be upheld (this is what I was told). Also we moved while owning the system and we followed the instructions for storing it and while being stored the tanks froze and the company refused to help us instead they wanted to charge us $3900 for 2 new tanks which is essentially the price we paid for it a couple of years ago. We ended up buying a new system from another company because no one in the company would help us.

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems response

Hi Jennifer, this is a difficult situation for a dealer to address as abnormal conditions like these are beyond their control. As stated in our warranty, it does not apply to damage caused by freezing. Nevertheless, we are certainly willing to provide assistance where we can, but unfortunately it sounds like you have already had the system replaced. If this is not the case, please let us know and we will see if there is anything we can do to assist you.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: May 7, 2020

We purchased a home in June 2017, well water was so bad we went to local Home Depot to purchase a water softener unit. We were approached with a free water test. We accepted and was set up for an appointment. A representative came to our home and tested our water, he stated we had salt intrusion and would need a complete new system. At this time we discovered this was a Rainsoft representative. After much debating we decided to go with the system, they ensured us we needed whole house reverse osmosis. Cost was going to be 10,0000. We thought since we just purchased the home and we were going to retire here, and there was literally no chance of ever getting city water, we decided to go with the system. It was called a EC5 Whole House Reverse Osmosis. We purchased it on 7-31-2017.

Shortly after a man came to install a system under the sink. He slammed the items under the sink onto the floor and complained that it was not cleared out. I asked him why he was installing it under the sink when we were getting the whole house perverse osmosis. He then checked his records, called someone and left. Two men came the next day to start the process. Never did anyone say there would be a 1000 gallon tank sitting in our yard. A total of 7 pieces of equipment That is now across the back of the house. Pipes running everywhere, an electric cord with 4 plugs tie strapped to a water pipe, unprotected from the weather.

Next day after install, there was leaks in the multiple areas of pipes. They came back and repaired. No extra charges yet on this 10000 system with a lifetime warranty. Then the Steiner pump quit working. They came back and replace a rubber part in it. 165 service charge and 70 in rubber part. Is the water good? No. We still have stains in our brand new appliances that had never had water ran through them until after system was installed. And no water pressure. They then called to say we were due for maintenance. They came out checked everything and charged us 436.00. Then Steiner pump quit working again, no wonder it also is not protected from the weather. Called them and they said it would be 600.00 for new pump and another 165 service charge.

Well, they aren’t getting any more money from me. We bought a new pump and a shield for it and installed it ourself. Cost 135.00. They called again and said it was time for maintenance again. I said no thanks. Well, today the main pump for it quit working. I called and explained what was happening. I was told they were booked up for a week. I told them we had no water, he said, "Oh then it’s an emergency, it gonna cost extra for that. Plus any parts you will need." Now I’m done with your crappy service and phony lifetime warranty and will Let everyone I know about our experience with your company. So sad you do not stand behind, install correctly and service your products. And the free dish, laundry soap, windex and other useless products you provide, aren’t worth the card board boxes they came in. Beware of this company and shame on Home Depot for sending them to us.

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems response

Jana, we appreciate your review and apologize for the difficulties you have experienced with your local RainSoft dealer. We will be contacting the dealer today to address these issues.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: May 2, 2020

The water technician came over after a visit at the Home Depot. He tested our water and showed us all the demonstrations, but told us we will pay 2 grand and had to open up a 7 grand credit line in order to get approved... only signed 2 pieces of paperwork and the next day he came back with a envelope full of yellow copies. I kept asking water technician what is the 7 grand, he said, "Wait 3 billing cycles, it will go down." We have been on 2 years now being back and forth to customer care to credit services... and the COMPANY keeps saying, "It's a contract, we can't do anything about it..." And credit services is telling us RainSoft can honor the bill... they won't do it. They keep telling us they can't do anything about it, it's frustrating the head of household is about to have a heart attack...

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems response

Thank you for your message. We have been in touch with your local RainSoft dealer to see if there is anything else they can do for you.

RainSoft - a Pentair Company author review by Greg Chick

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems is a company that offers residential customers water and air purification services. The company is headquartered in Elk Grove Village, IL, and they serve customers throughout the world.

• Convenience: There are hundreds of dealers across the world that can install RainSoft products, so the company is a convenient choice for customers throughout many parts of the United States and the world.

• Complimentary water test: The company provides customers with complimentary water tests to see if they are good candidates for water treatment or filtration.

• Taste and smell: RainSoft guarantees that their product will reduce unwanted smells and tastes in consumers' water, which makes it better to drink, wash food with, cook with and bathe in.

• Safe filtration methods: RainSoft uses activated carbon filtration, which is a method that has been deemed safe for use by the Environmental Protection Agency, and they do not use any harsh chemical products in their purification process.

• Movable: The filtration systems manufactured by RainSoft can be moved from home to home, which means customers can take their system with them when they move and that they do not have to purchase multiple systems if they end up choosing to live in multiple homes.

by Greg Chick Water Treatment Systems Contributing Editor

Greg Chick has worked as an entrepreneur for over 40 years with a background in plumbing, irrigation, pools and water heating. He is a member of Green Plumbers USA, International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials and American Society of Plumbing Engineers. Greg works to educate residential consumers about quality plumbing products.

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems Company Information