Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We were researching for a water filtration system and were considering the warranty, longevity of life and if the system lasts. I went to Home Depot, told a rep there what I was looking for, and he said, “Listen, don’t even look at these units. Call this guy.” He was cool and really quick to respond. So I called RainSoft that day and within 30 minutes, I got a phone call and scheduled it for that evening.

A guy came in, did his water testing for us and showed us the differences. He had a whole booklet that has all the information from all the other competitors and showed exactly how long the warranties were. Once I have researched, he immediately pulled up and told us what the warranties were, what they offer and the fine print. He also talked about his experience with the water softener. What got me was that RainSoft has a lifetime warranty which was perfect. That’s how well the product was. My wife and I made that decision right then and there. The guy who came in was awesome, too.

We got the latest product and the water filter for our sink so we have filtered water the whole time to drink. The installers were very nice. They came in and did their job. The one I interacted with did the water filter, took me outside, walked us through the installation and what they were going to do. They also did a great job in cleaning up and they didn't take long. They also made a post-installation call making sure that everything was cool.

Our water now is 180 degrees different and it’s been great. We love the way the water tastes now, and the way it feels on our skin and our body. Our dishes come out cleaner, too and we got the cleaning soaps. It saves us money since I only have to buy another bar of soap forever. We really don’t use that much. Overall, RainSoft is worth the value. They have great quality and professionalism. I’m glad we did it and in about a year or two, we’re going to purchase the air filtration system because we have a couple of cats and my wife’s very allergic.

Salesman was very knowledgeable and is a great product! We haven't needed to buy water filters since having our RainSoft system. Everything, including our laundry, has never been cleaner feeling! Would highly recommend to anyone!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I live in a town that uses a lot of chlorine and a lot of other chemicals to clean the water. I have a lot of hard water and stuff, so I had been researching for several years and it was finding a place financially, that I was looking to invest into that type of treatment facility. When we were in Home Depot, we were approached by a Home Depot representative, setting up a time to come out and present RainSoft. The sales reps were very friendly and relaxed and knew what they were looking for. When they called initially to set it up, I told them that it was a bad timing and if they could call me back in about a month. They were very amicable and did so. They were great at follow-up and then was very cordial about everything, so I appreciated it.

The rep who came out was great. He was very informative and had a lot of good details. He explained the whole process and what their system did. He was very knowledgeable about it and then just talked through our options of purchasing the system and everything that went with it, so it was a very good experience. We ended up going with the whole house filtration system as well as the reverse osmosis.

The installation people were fantastic as well. They were very polite, respectful, kind, and were good about putting stuff, explaining what they were planning to do and where they were moving stuff because of the way water comes into my home. They wanted to know where I wanted it, close to the other appliances in the basement. And then it would not allow us to have it close to one of our outside spickets, so we talked through that and they were very informative of the difference and what would have happened.

Since having the system installed, I noticed huge differences, especially with all the chlorine being removed. Our water tastes much better. I can drink water directly from my faucets, whereas before I used a filter through my fridge and sometimes even still bottled water. Whereas now, I can, at nighttime, brush my teeth with the water and not taste the chlorine or some of the other calcium and the stuff that’s in there. I've replaced about five of my faucets in the 15 years I owned my home because of the hard water and now I’ve noticed there’s very little or actually none at all on the sinks and stuff, so it’s been great. Overall, my experience was excellent and enjoyable, and RainSoft is a great system to have. I'm happy that I’ve invested in it. It’s done wonders and I wish I had done it sooner.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We have hard water so we began researching water treatment systems then one of my neighbors referred RainSoft. Consultation with the sales rep was pretty easy. The person I talked to was knowledgeable, courteous and answered all my questions. We purchased the Water Filtration System. RainSoft installation team were very polite, on time and cleaned up after themselves. I noticed less water spots and better-tasting water after having the system installed. Overall experience with them was easy and quick.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I’ve had RainSoft pretty much in my whole life as my parents had them and we decided to go with them this time. I talked to Peter on the phone and he was the one who came to the house and talked to us about the system. He showed us some new things that were different about RainSoft versus other systems. I like his personality. He's an awesome guy, nice, and very informative. Then another gentleman came to do the installation and he explained everything he was doing. We even had a bath towel that he replaced for us for free so he did a really good job.

Before, when water would dry, there would be a white powder substance and we’d have to wipe everything down. Now since we’ve installed the water softener and the filtration system, there’s no more white residue on the water thing in the refrigerator, that's always clean now. There are also no spots when the water splashes when we get a glass of water. We also noticed that the water spots seem to be starting to disappear on our shower. It was a pleasure doing business with them. They’re very informative, cooperative and it wasn’t a big sales pitch. It was really a good experience and I’ve already recommended them to some families.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The person from RainSoft came out and did a water test. He was very knowledgeable and courteous. He went through a number of water demonstrations to show how nasty my water was. We wound up purchasing the whole house filter and softener from them. The installation guys did an excellent job, were very neat, had all the parts I needed and finished up in an expedient manner. They were very pleasant.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We had our water tested through Home Depot because we thought we had either iron or limestone in it. Then RainSoft sales rep came in and tested our water at home. He also showed us how hard it was and explained how RainSoft could help us. We ended up buying the water conditioning system from them. The installers were very friendly and knowledgeable. They came in, did their job, left, and we were all happy.

Because of the water quality in the city where I live, I did my research on water treatment systems and went with RainSoft. I've been using the system since 2009. The initial consultation with their sales representative was excellent or I wouldn't have bought the system. I had recently put in one of RainSoft's systems for the washing machine that generates ozone. Everything is going fine. I have the company service my system every year. I never had a problem with their people. They're extremely cooperative and helpful. Overall, I've had a very good outcome with the whole product.

I saw the free water test at Home Depot, so I thought to have my water tested and see what it says. When I sent in my water test I got a callback a few days later that said, "This is the preliminary results of your water test and we’d like to send somebody out to give you a demonstration and test your water at your home." I agreed and they set up an appointment for me and the guy came. His name was Sean and it was a really great presentation. RainSoft has really got the whole sales pitch down. The thing that’s most compelling is they're at your tap showing you your water and the filtered water. You get to actually see the contaminants that’s in your water or the hardness of the water and what it's like when you wash your hands. It clearly shows that your water is bad, this water is good and you can compare it back and forth. How could you say no at the end of the sales pitch?

I was going to think about it but Sean talked to me and said, “Well, what's gonna change your mind between now and like a month from now?” He’s absolutely right, the sooner the better. I decided to pull the trigger right there and get the system installed. Three days later the installer came out and in two hours they had the whole system set up. They even went over changing the filters, and what kind of salt to buy. I'm comfortable knowing exactly what I got and how it works. Since having the system, the water quality is different, tastes better, feels different and there's no more residue in the sink or in the tub. This is what they said it would be and I'm very happy with it. It was an unbelievably painless experience.

We got a lot of mineral deposits and buildups in the faucets to the extent that they slow down the water flow. Also, the sulfur odor was overwhelming in the summer time. I was at Home Depot and I spoke with their folks and they went online and registered me with RainSoft's rep. Then he called and came out. I was thinking of installing a unit myself but after talking to the Home Depot folks, I decided against that. I also looked at Kinetico and called them and I wasn't impressed with either one of them for a number of reasons. But I felt comfortable with the fellow from RainSoft that came out and presented to us about the way their system works.

The installer greeted me and he was tidy. He was knowledgeable, did a nice job, explained everything and it took three to three-and-a-half hours from start to finish. I signed up for the automatic salt replacement and the automatic reverse osmosis replacement through the installer. We now have minimal buildup in the sinks, and we have hardly any hard water scaling. Also, the reverse osmosis water in the shower tastes wonderful. We had friends over one day and one of them asked for spring water but I said I didn't have it but I thought she'll like my water better. And she commented that it was very good tasting water. I have recommended RainSoft to a couple of people.

I was concerned with the smell from our water and stains on grout lines, toilet lines and humidifiers that I began searching for water treatment systems. My interaction with the Rainsoft sales rep was good. He was very formal and personable. The information that he gave was good and he sold me on the unit. I ended up purchasing the whole house filtration system, CleanStart and reverse osmosis. The installation team explained the system briefly but it's good enough. Since having the products installed, there's no smell anymore from our water, all our issues are gone and our dishes have never been cleaner.

Rainsoft sent somebody out after I did a Home Depot survey. He was very knowledgeable and helpful. The installation guy who came was also good and awesome. Hearing about the Michigan situation, I wanted to make sure I was safe and I got the Rainsoft water purifiers. I noticed a big difference, especially in the taste of the water. Even the water out of my refrigerator filtration system tasted different.

We got RainSoft's water softener, their alkaline water and the one in the laundry room. Our coffee tastes better and cleaning my pots and pans is a lot easier. I use cast iron and wash it using regular water which is hard water. I usually rinse and wipe it out but now, I'm able to wash them and reheating them in the oven without getting rust spots on it. In addition, I have super-duper curly hair and almost to the point of where it gets really coarse at times. I used to have to use a lot of hair products. I was shampooing my hair twice, but now, I could shampoo it once and I don't use a lot of conditioner anymore. Also, I used to have to use a body wash and a soap but now, our usage of soap because of the lathering has gone down as well. I don't usually use a lot of lotion on my legs but I notice that my skin is softer now.

We also don't use fabric softeners anymore for our laundry and the smell is a lot better too because when you leave your clothes in the washer too long, they start to smell. My daughter, she's 23, washes her comforters a lot because she had dogs that jumped on her bed so it would have a smell. After washing them a few times, the ones that had a scent don't have it anymore. She also has a habit of leaving her clothes in the wash overnight and when they set in there in the morning, I usually have to rewash but now, I don't do that anymore.

I was in Home Depot and got RainSoft. Everybody was fine and totally adheres to their word so I didn't have any issues with the RainSoft staff. Even the installation person was really good. So, I got the water softener for the entire house and the pure drinking water. I had some skin issues with a lot of skin irritation and I don't have that anymore since I've been using RainSoft product.

We just moved to a new home in a new area being developed and I was concerned about the smell and the taste of the water that we had. We learned about RainSoft at Home Depot during the weekend. They took our number then they called during the week and we set up an appointment for the sales rep to come out. He did a whole run through everything like testing the water, showing what they could provide, what our water should look and taste like afterwards, how it could increase the efficiency of our appliances, utilizing little to no soap products and some of the things we use in health. It would help our skin as well. So we got the water softener system and the reverse osmosis.

The installation team was great, although they had to dredge down to get to what they needed. They installed an outlet, because we didn't have an outlet readily available. But they checked with me first to make sure it was okay. Once they were done, they showed me how everything operated. They were really, really helpful. If I had any questions, they let me know that they would always be available. And now our water taste great. We used to have water delivered by Sparkletts but we've now stopped and stored the little water dispenser that we had. The only thing I'd like Rainsoft to have now is if we could get cold water without having to bottle it from the system that they offer.

But their customer service is excellent and I couldn't ask for anything more. If I need anything, like when I wanted to know how to maintain my equipment, I'm able to send a text to the sales representative and he answers it directly. There was a guy who came out and followed up a week ago and he was excellent. He made sure that all our issues were addressed, including that we had no problem with the previous people who came out for customer service. They are topnotch.

RainSoft's sales rep was really easy to work with, very helpful, polite and explained everything. The RainSoft system that we purchased runs into the house from the outside filter. The installer was friendly and he did everything that he had to do to make sure everything was hooked up properly and he made sure to answer any questions that we had. Our experience was great.

I set up the initial appointment for RainSoft and that was fine. They left me a message and I had to call them back a couple of times, but they were very friendly and said they would come out and do the water testing and describe everything that would entail. And they were able to work with my schedule as far as the timing of the appointment. The sales rep was very nice and straightforward and he explained what he was gonna do with each test of the water and what each test would show. He took his time and wasn’t rushed and he answered any questions I had. I got the in-home water filtration system and the CleanStart for the washer. With it I don’t have to drink as much water, but the water’s better and the clothes in the washer come out cleaner. The installation team was very nice and they knew what they were doing. There was one point where water was leaking but they fixed it right away.

The sales team came when they said they'd come, talked to us and we bought the unit. It was all very well. We got the drinking filter system for the hard water. The installation guy came and worked hard and long. It was dark when he was done. He knew what to do and did his job. I used to sell RainSoft when I worked for Sears, so I'm very familiar with what and how they did it, and how it works. And since having the unit, my ice cubes are clear, and I don't worry about kidney stones anymore. I get a lot of suds from my soap. It's not hard anymore. So I'm very satisfied with it. The people at RainSoft were very nice and pleasant, and did everything they said they'd do.

We have to buy laundry detergents and I was thinking about cutting back on that cost as well as electric bills. RainSoft was introduced to me at the Fall MOLA Conference October of 2016. Their sales rep, Dan, was at the conference and I told him that I was really interested in the product. He was phenomenal and stayed in contact with us all the time. If I needed to get in touch with him, he always answered his phone. If not, I left him a message and he called me right back. We started usingtthe Rainsoft system when he came out and gave us our little trial. He installed the equipment on my washers and told me that we can use that as a trial and error. If I didn't like it, it was fine, but if I did, that would be wonderful.

We started using it in December and I wanted to give it more than a month 'cause I wanted to see if it would cut down on my electric bills. For about six months, we utilized RainSoft and my staff fell in love with it. I didn't have to buy laundry detergents and I noticed that the electric bill went down a little bit. We went back out and I said I wanted to sign the contract. We have three facilities and Dan installed the equipment in our other two sister facilities too.

We absolutely love and have been very pleased with everything that we're experiencing with RainSoft. Everything is grand. My water tastes better, I don't have to clean my tub and toilets that much and my laundry is much cleaner. I used to match our socks by how stained the heel was but there are no stains anymore. So there’s been a huge difference since we installed the system. Also, their staff has been wonderful. I tell all my friends about RainSoft.

Our water had a lot of hardness like calcium and has chlorine smell so we filled out a card for water testing of RainSoft in Home Depot. Then their sales rep called and made me understand stuff about my water which I already knew. They asked if I have time for someone to come out and go over some information. A rep named Debbie came that evening and did a good job in explaining and testing. One thing led to another and now, we got their water conditioning system, the softener, and the reverse osmosis. The installer, Richard, was really good. And when our reverse osmosis was screwing up and our softener wasn't softening right, they fixed it and everything is good now. Since having this system, we can definitely say that our water is a lot softer, tastes better and doesn't have the smell anymore. It's a nice unit and we love it.

A representative from RainSoft stopped by to obtain a sample of our faucet water to test and then they provided us with the results. Then somebody came to do the in-house test after that. They were very informative and it was an eye-opener once we saw the test and what it did, how it could affect and how it can actually save money in the long run so it was a great experience. We got the water softener and I’ve noticed my skin is softer and my hair is smoother. Even after I wash dishes and even if I use Clorox, my hands are not nearly as dry as they were prior to installing the system. So far, we love it and we’re glad we got this investment because it’s been well worth it.

The RainSoft sales rep was very friendly and wasn't pushy. He explained the product in full detail and what all we had in our water. He ran a test and showed us what all the minerals and stuff that's in the water which made us concerned so, we got their water purification and the one for drinking water. The installer came and explained in detail about what he was doing and what we needed to do in the future. Before, we get so much sediments from what was in the water on our silverware. Now with RainSoft installed, the dishes come out of the dishwasher a lot cleaner and spot free. It was like somebody polished our silver. Also, the water is different when taking a shower. In addition, we used to have bottled water coming in and was having to pay for that every month. With the new system, we have filtered drinking water that's comparable to the distilled water that we were bringing in so, it cut our cost back. We love RainSoft.

I was very serious about water quality and I was looking to improve the quality of water in my house. I went through a couple of independent resellers and felt the best with Rainsoft and that's why I went forward with them. I had an excellent interaction with the sales rep from RainSoft. He was quite professional and very knowledgeable. I had done a lot of research initially and he confirmed a lot of the questions that I had. I did the whole house water purification system and the installation team was extremely cordial and polite and I enjoyed having them for the install. Since I had the RainSoft system installed, I have felt more comfortable and confident cooking with my tap water, giving it to my dogs, bathing in it and drinking it. I haven't had to squeegee my shower and there's not a lot of calcium carbonate build up around my appliances. I use natural products and they last longer and are more efficient now with cleaner water.

I was shopping at Home Depot for something to help my father-in-law, and somebody approached us and asked if we have anything about water treatments. I already had it in mind, and in fact, I already did a little research because we had hard water at my house. The calcium buildup on the shower, around the kitchen sink, and the bathrooms is gross. The lady who approached us said somebody would call and set an appointment with us. She'll do a water test for free. The RainSoft rep who came out did a great job. She did a great demo of the testing of the water and explaining it. She knew her stuff, and she's definitely well-experienced, which we appreciate. Since having our RainSoft system installed, showers are different. The water tastes really different as well. Overall, we love it.

We bought a house and weren't sure about the quality of the water. We wanted to make sure what we were dealing with and Home Depot had a test kit to take a sample and mail it in. RainSoft responded and sent a technician out to explain the processes and was thorough. The rep showed us how everything worked and the test results that we had in our water. He demonstrated the water coming into the house, the water system that was under the sink, explained the benefit, and everything made sense. The only thing that was questionable was the price. It happened so quick. The rep came in, spent several hours with us, and made sure that we understood what the system provided. Then at the end, I used my Home Depot account and made him raise my credit limit, so that we could put it on there until we could work out the payments.

The water quality is definitely superior. I didn't notice that it was bad before but when I use my detergents and soaps, it said that it's cleaner and it doesn't leave the chemicals behind which I'm sure of by testing with the different chemicals showing the purity level. Also, I can tell when I get out of shower that it feels different. We had one little glitch in the system after a couple of weeks, and RainSoft sent a service tech to take it out. He knew what he was doing and got right to the problem. There were four different things that could have been the problem, but he was real quick in narrowing it down and took care of it. I was very pleased with how quickly he troubleshot the problem.

I've recommended RainSoft. Someone asked me about how it was, but the price threw them off. The reason why I probably didn't say, "Give me some time to think about it," as I usually do, is because we had just spent several thousands of dollars for all new appliances down to our water heater, and I knew that good water coming into the systems would certainly extend the life of the appliances.

I used to have Rainsoft a long time ago. Then we were moving in and the welcoming committee came by and brought us a little flyer. I gave her my phone and a RainSoft rep called me. The rep came by and did a beautiful demonstration. She was very cheerful and we didn't mind having her in our home. It was a pleasant visit and it was like having a conversation with an old friend.

We were on a water softener and we also got one of the air purifiers. The installation was great and the installers didn't bother me. They did what they had to do and showed me how to test the water and how to operate the machine. It was educational and informative and everything was self-explanatory. It was a quick and pleasant experience and I feel better and happier since having the system. The water doesn't smell and when I get out of the shower, I'm not as dry and my hair is not as brittle.

A sales representative approached us in Home Depot while we're shopping for our new house and signed us up as soon as we closed. We didn't know it was RainSoft until after the water test guy came here and we got sold from there. He was really friendly and a very fun guy. He explained to us all the different chemicals and all the particulates in the water. He even made us laugh and was really entertaining. Those couple of hours seemed to really fly by. He was friendly and wasn't overly pushy on the sale. He made it really feel like our choice instead of a choice being pushed on us.

My wife got to deal with the installation team. She said that the guy was a very friendly person, though she had trouble understanding the guy because of a very strong accent. We got the full Rainsoft system that came with the six years of soap from Health360. It's amazing and we really love it. We're about to do our salt refill soon. It's been phenomenal and we're extremely satisfied.

My husband was in Home Depot and Rainsoft was presented that to him there. During the consultation, the rep did a lot of demonstrations so well that they were enlightening. My husband was not one to frivolously go into something so for the rep to sell the system to him right there alone showed he was a very good salesperson. We got all of it from Rainsoft and we’re enjoying our purchase. My husband is really very pleased because he says when he takes a shower now, his skin is a lot softer. He noticed the improvement. It’s also nice to be able to go to the faucet and get water without having to worry about any contaminants.

My water smelled bad and didn't feel right so I looked into water systems and found RainSoft. Their sales representative was quick, very knowledgeable, and very easy to work with. He did the testing at my parent's house and sold my parents a system. He was very professional and he went through everything. I didn't feel like he was trying to sell us something we didn't need. RainSoft is exactly what I needed. My sinks and toilets are not dirty and it's easier to clean stuff. The water feels way better and doesn't smell bad anymore. It's a way better experience all around.

We had hard water. We always have a ring around the toilet, as well as water spots on the shower doors, and our body was being dried out. So we set up a consultation with RainSoft, which turned out quick and easy. They asked if they could fit us in that day and we said yeah. They set everything up the same day and the presentation was so good. When they gave us the results, it was everything that was going wrong with our water that we had concerns about. So we knew that the water conditioning system was something that we really needed to get.

They took their time and resolved problems they had, got the system to work by the end of the day and definitely cleaned up after themselves. Since having the system installed, our body is not dry and it now feels like silk. When my mother-in-law was here for a couple of days, she said that it was great. And we don't have the water staining on our shower glass anymore. The toilet is getting a lot better, too. RainSoft is a great system and I highly recommend it to a lot of people.

I was at Home Depot when RainSoft approached me and asked me if they could come and test my water, and at that time I wasn’t interested. I then moved from a large home to a brand-new duplex into a different town and found that the water was extremely bad. So, I talked to Culligan but they were expensive. I then looked up RainSoft on the internet since they had approached me before. Also, I knew they had systems that were better-priced, so I called and they came out and tested my water and I then purchased a couple of systems from them.

I had the reverse osmosis system put in directly onto my refrigerator so I could have drinking water and ice. When I found out how bad the water was, I was drinking bottled water, but with the RainSoft system, the water coming out of my refrigerator tastes better and I don’t have the bottled water anymore. In fact, I noticed it immediately when they turned on the filtration system in the whole house. Additionally, I had terrible levels of chlorine in my water, and I purchased a whole house filter that they put on, which eliminated all of that. Every day I took a shower, I was overcome with the smell of chlorine, and as soon as they put that filter on and I tried it the next morning, there was no more smell of any chlorine at all.

We had a Kenmore water softener and I kept putting salt in it and I assumed it worked, and the representative from RainSoft showed me that it didn't. After I saw what Rainsoft could do for me, we went ahead and purchased it with the filtering system and we're very happy with it. Our sales rep was a local guy and we had a good experience with him. Everything is working fine and I've recommended it to friends.

The guy from RainSoft came out to my house and did a few tests on my water. I've always filtered my water and when he did the test, he shared with me that our water through our house was in really good shape. But he showed me the canister that I could put in front where my water inlet comes into the house. I put it right after the inlet valve, so all the water that runs to my house now is filtered and I like that idea. The guys that put it in were awesome. They came in and were done in a half hour. They were very professional and I appreciated everything they did. It was a worthwhile experience and I would do it again.

I was concerned about the chemicals potentially in the water and found RainSoft online. The consultation with the sales rep was great. He was extremely friendly, very prompt, and thorough. The installers were all very friendly and courteous. They worked out whatever issues there were and everything was clean from the installation standpoint. We got all of the RainSoft products including the washing machine thing, the spout for the faucet on the kitchen sink, the salt, plus the filter unit. After the installation, the water is better. Everything is good.

My wife was concerned about chemicals or iron in the water. I had a call from RainSoft after doing a water test at Home Depot and I was asked if they could send their guy out and I said yes. The sales rep who came was great, very thorough, knowledgeable, really informative, and entertaining. He did a great job. I got the two-canister water filtration system and the salt. The installation guy came and I talked to him about where the water goes then he got to work and I left him alone. Then he let me know when he was done and showed me how to use the system. He was efficient. Now, the water is easier to drink and bathing is nicer. It does what it’s supposed to do and we’re happy with it. The whole experience was excellent.

We have a well and had problems with the sulfur smell in our water. The smell had gotten so bad that I didn’t even want to give my kid a bath in the water. Setting up the consultation with RainSoft was real easy. They called and set up an appointment time, and they came out after work so we didn’t have to take off which was very convenient. The sales rep was very knowledgeable, gave us his credentials, and told us how long he’d been doing this. The installers were very easygoing, answered all of my husband's questions, and showed him exactly how to handle everything. We purchased a water treatment system and with that we got the supply of soaps. With well water, we had a lot of iron buildup on our toilets and sinks, and we don’t have any of that anymore. There’s also no more smell and I feel perfectly safe drinking the water out of the faucet.

American Home Design does a lot of work for us and they told us about RainSoft. RainSoft called ahead of time for the consultation and it was very pleasant experience with their rep. He came in, tested the city water, and we saw what was all in the water and it was disgusting. We never drank the water because we usually bought bottled water but he explained that all bottled water isn’t good either. So he tested a couple of bottles that I had and one was okay while another one wasn’t so good. He sat down, explained it all, and wasn’t pushy. At first we said no and that we couldn’t afford it. Then we tried to figure out how we can work it in and now we love it. It’s simple and the water tastes great and makes our skin feel so soft and good.

I believe in honest reviews because I use them often when determining whether or not to buy some of the more pricey things which I consider more of an investment rather than something cheap and throwaway. Let's face it, we like to know if the money we're putting out there is buying a product that lives up to its claims.

Well, like everyone here, the venture starts off with a sales pitch about the quality of the water you currently have. It surprised me when the salesman tested the water and found it to be of somewhat good quality, with middle of the road hardness. He was actually going to tell me I might not need my water treated, but I still wanted to hear more about the RainSoft EC4 System. He explained how the system worked, and it was different from units classified as water softeners. It has a small salt tank that you can load with 5 bags of salt, but the salt is only used by the conditioning system to clean the filters.

I reviewed the literature and I went online to research the product here where I found numerous recommendations. My interest grew with the positive reviews, so I went ahead and purchased the system even though my water was middle of the road hardness. No matter how good you think your tap water is, I can tell you it still has something to be desired for smell and taste in most cases. I was an avid bottled water drinker, and I can definitely tell the difference between my bottled water and tap water. Needless to say, I was going to some rather pricey bottled water every month so I figured over time this system's price can be offset some with the money I'd save from not buying bottled water.

They offer two packages in the Southern California market (and perhaps others) where you get the conditioning unit and a reverse osmosis system under the kitchen sink for the lower of the two offers. The more higher priced options also included some kind of air filtration unit and a ozone producing unit that would attach to your washer rendering any need for laundry soap (which I'm not sure if I could actually feel clean without soap washing my clothes) so I opted for the lower end, more popular package. They were able to install it in my home the very next day.

It's only been a week now and my water has never been better. It feels slippery clean on the body in the shower, and the water produced either in the reverse osmosis 3 filter system under the kitchen sink or the taps where there is no additional filtering is completely free of smell and tastes. I also don't see the spotting of anything in my dishwasher or tap water residues I usually scrub out of the sinks every few days. The water is definitely spotless on the shower doors and there's even a new spigot put on in the front of the house that will allow you to use one spigot with the untreated water for watering your plants or yard with a hose, or you can attach the hose to the treated water spigot and wash your car with a spot-free finish.

Installation was professionally done and it took about 6 hours or so. Expect installation to take place in the garage in most circumstances or wherever your main water line enters the home. I happen to have a source of power nearby, or the installer will run a line to source the power from another location at no additional charge. A PVC pipe "waste/flush" line was run along the ceiling of my garage to a point where the pipe was installed through the drywall into the drain for the washer on the other side of the wall. Keep in mind this was what was needed for my installation since I didn't have any nearby drainage sources near the unit installation. 100% professional workmanship on the pipe soldering, etc.

Don't let me forget to add that they also throw in a 5 year membership with a company that will supply you cleaning materials for an estimated "5 years" based upon the sales pitch. I can't confirm or deny that it will work out that way since I have no way of knowing how much we can actually purchase using "points" given to use for that purpose. The products are mostly concentrates that you'll add water to in order to create the end product. They gave us some free samples of each item which includes laundry, dish washing, window cleaner, general purpose cleaners, and a bar of soap.

It didn't take much concentrate to mix the products so the concentrate should last a long time, but again I can't know if it will be 5 years since that depends on many factors. I think the point is, you will use LESS cleaning supplies since your water is conditioned. I think it's safe to say you'll cut your cleaning liquids in half (again my estimate). Just my experience, but with the cleaning liquids they offered me and since I don't need to buy more bottle water, I can nearly pay for the price of the system in about 6 years.

One final note for those who want all the details. With any water system there is a small amount of maintenance. The cost of the salt, which runs on average around $7 a 40 pound bag. Don't think that will be a large cost, but you also will need to change the membrane in the main unit in the garage about every 5 years at a estimated cost of $400 from what I was told. So, that comes to about $7 a month average. Also, don't forget you need to change the 2 filters and membrane in your under sink reverse osmosis system at least annually (or up to 18 months in some circumstances) for around $75 online. Keep in mind the prices I'm providing are estimates, but should be close.

I want you to have all the information you need to make an informed purchase if you feel interested in getting one of these systems. I feel you won't regret it. The water quality will be superior. I saw one review state that it was better than "bottled" water. I concur. This system lives up to its claims. Worth mentioning is RainSoft included a Lifetime Equipment Warranty and the dealer provides a 1 year Service Warranty. It's also possible for you to take this system with you if you should move, although it may require you to obtain the services of a plumber or RainSoft dealer to make it happen since it does require some plumbing knowledge. I believe they quoted me around $400 to $500 to make that move, but CHECK with the installer for realistic costs if you plan to move anytime after your purchase and you want to take it with you.

I had a free test from Home Depot which led me to research on water treatment systems. Rainsoft then called me on the phone and when the sales rep came out, he showed us a lot of things with the water and the different uncleanliness of it. I was at work when they did the installation, but they did a good job and it looks really good. It has improved our water system so much. I no longer have the heartburn that I used to have. Our water tastes so much better and the shower feels differently now as well.

The RainSoft sales rep called and showed up, and he had a book with all kinds of data. I can only assume that it's all correct. He was very polite, took his time and answered all of my questions. His demonstration was amazing. We got the complete RainSoft package. The water is awesome. However, they've already had to come out and repair the water in our shower. But the neat thing about it is I could tell that something was wrong. So, I called them up and sure enough, there was. The difference in the water is just amazing.

I purchased a RainSoft system for the whole place and another one for the kitchen sink, and I am very pleased with it. The installation went smoothly and everything went fine. Since I had the system installed, the water is very clear and it's better than bottled water. It really tastes good. My daughter even said, "It's wonderful. We love and enjoy it."

We got a RainSoft system after the water test. The sales rep who came for consultation seemed to be very knowledgeable. He did a very thorough job about explaining what is actually in the water, where it comes from specific to our ZIP code and our water sources and it made sense to us. The installation guy was very good and worked very, very well. Now, we have done away with buying bottled water since we buy every once in a while just to have something on the go. There's also a reduction in the detergents that we buy. Also, the water that goes on the body and the lack of stuff it leaves behind on the showerhead, on the dishes and especially the silverware and the glasses, it’s not clouded anymore. RainSoft has delivered what was promised.

We needed a water softener for a lot of things, especially for washing clothes, since we live on a farm and our water is rusty. Everybody from RainSoft has been very cooperative and friendly, and we got along just fine. Since installing our system our water has not been rusty like it used to be. Everything’s working the way it’s supposed to.

We were shopping in Home Dept when a lady asked us about our water. We told her it was terrible so she hooked us up with RainSoft's sales rep who was professional, intelligent and knowledgeable. He said he was a master chemist and that he used to be over the Dallas water system. We've had serious problems with our water for 45 years. The whole water system is the worst in North Louisiana. It would stain fixtures and clothes. We took the test and he showed it to us versus what it looked like before he ran it through his little machine. He convinced us and we did the deal. Home Depot offered this closeout deal to do it that day for free soap for about five years and no sales tax. We got the full treatment plus the water under the sink which breaks it down to bottled water purity.

The installation team took a lot longer than they had planned on because the way our water comes into our home, it splits to two different pipes where one goes to one end of the house and the other goes to the other. They had to go back to the meter so they could run it to the system and back out to where it hooks up just past the meter to go down. They did a lot more work than they planned on and it took them all day. Now, the clothes are cleaner, the water tastes great and we know that we’ve got good, clean water to drink. I’d recommend it and as a matter of fact, I’m trying to get our son to get the system.

I had an old system but some friends of ours told us that I should get a new one because they did. So we got it from RainSoft and we're always liking it. It's a pretty good softener and I got the best product they had. It has value and is a lot better than my old one was. They improved it and I like that. When the installers came, they were friendly, courteous and very good. Since then, I have noticed that I got an on demand hot water heater and it's been better. It's also been hotter so it's working and it's doing a pretty good job. I'd recommend them to any friend or anybody.

Excellent service. I bought the water softener system with the salt tank for the whole house. The sales representative was great, really knowledgeable and pleasant to deal with. The installation guys were great too. Our skin quality has improved, we don't have to use lotion now and don't notice any water spots on our dishes anymore.

My wife has been trying to convince me to get treatment for our water since 1998 and then we've heard about RainSoft through our son. He got it and he kept telling us how great it was and what a difference it made in his life and his family. He called RainSoft and set us up an appointment with a rep. He was very informative. He showed us all the different things that were in the water. He's a good representative of the company. The installation team gave us a lot of information about how the whole house water system works and where they wanted to put it and where we wanted it. Then, we worked out exactly where it should be. We didn't dredge the entrance to the attic, but that's okay. We're satisfied with it.

The system made our water better. We like the reverse osmosis for our drinking and cooking water. The water's taste is different. Our drinkable water was good to begin with, but it had a few things in it and the treatment system made it better. Also, the water leaves a different feel to the body after getting out of the shower, and our clothes now come out softer and brighter after washing them. I would recommend it to anyone.

We knew we had hard water in the house as the water around the San Antonio area is really hard, so we figured to get a water treatment system. We got RainSoft's water softening system and the reverse osmosis for the kitchen sink, and the team that installed it was very good. We could definitely tell a big difference from what we used to have to what we have now. There is no more buildup around all my walls and there’s a better feeling getting out of showers. So it’s a lot better and we're loving it.

I didn't overall like the taste of our water, especially drinking from the faucet. It was unbearable and I've always heard Florida water was bad so I wanted to check out what's going on with it and did the Home Depot water testing for free. I took that home, tested my water, and sent it off. Then they called me and gave me my details and my numbers on how the quality of my water was. They had a guy come out who did a demonstration and showed us what's going on with our water. He recommended RainSoft so we went with that, got our unit, and we're loving it so far.

The sales rep was very thorough, enthusiastic and attentive. He kept our attention the entire time, helped guide us through, and explained everything. Then when the installer came out, I peeked in and out on him while he was doing his thing. He helped me understand the system and how it works as he was installing it, and he answered all the questions I had. Now the water tastes a lot cleaner and it feels a lot better taking showers. I can definitely tell the difference and I don't have that hard water feel when I get out.

I knew my water wasn't the best quality and it was very hard to begin with. So, I wanted to see what the results of a test was and sure enough, it was very hard. We had chlorine in the water as well, above three parts per million, which is higher than what you have in your swimming pool. And that tells me that there were bacteria in the water, so they had to treat it to make it drinkable.

Setting up the consultation with RainSoft was very easy and I enjoyed the conversation very much. The sales rep was very knowledgeable. I ordered the air cleaner as well as the reverse osmosis under the sink, and we had a good time putting it in. The installers were very pleasant to talk to and everything worked out to my satisfaction. The difference is amazing now. I would recommend RainSoft to anyone. It was a very enjoyable experience dealing with the people, finding out about the quality of my water and taking steps to resolve the problems that we had. It's the best move I've made as far as the house in quite some time.

RainSoft was giving away a free water test when we were at Home Depot. So we went for it since we just bought a house and didn't know what was in our water. It was very easy to set up an appointment for a consultation with the sales rep. They were very flexible with the days and times that work. They even wanted to come that day at 8:00 PM. The sales rep came to our home with his kit. He was very kind and easy to talk to, so we felt comfortable talking to him. We were able to have kind of a magic show where we were looking at the water and how these little drops changed. Seeing what was actually in our water was very interesting. We got the water filter system.

The Rainsoft installation team came the next day. I wasn't able to be there, so my husband opened the door for them, and then they took care of our business and left. Everything was set up and it was fine when I came home. Now that we've had the system installed, our water makes our skin and hair very soft and we feel cleaner with it. The system we purchased came with free soap -- dish washing, laundry, hand soap, body soap, shampoo -- for five years, so that was nice. The whole process was very fast. We ordered the system on Sunday and it got installed on Monday, so there was no waiting, and that was very nice and convenient. Overall, our experience with RainSoft was informative, quick, and worth it.

I needed my water system because the community water system had poor testing. Home Depot had Rainsoft. I set up a consultation and the Rainsoft rep called to confirm before he arrived. He came, answered all my questions and gave me a lot of good information. He thoroughly explained how the financial arrangement worked, what the whole package consisted of, how it would be installed, maintenance, as well as testing. I signed up and I got Rainsoft purification under the sink tied into a whole house system under my home. From there we went on with the installation which they were able to set at a time that worked for me. The installation went seamlessly. Since having the Rainsoft system our skin is in better condition, the water tastes a lot better and most of all, I have confidence that I'm drinking clear, clean water. I had an incredible experience with Rainsoft.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

At first, I had no intention of purchasing anything from RainSoft. I just wanted to see what they would have to say about my water here. But the saleslady who came out was very convincing about how I could have better water and my lead pipes would last longer. She was here for over two hours and seemed not to hurry at all. She demonstrated her product, was extremely personable, she seemed to enjoy what she was doing and she led me to believe that if I could possibly afford it, then it would be a good purchase. So I got the basic system where it filters all the water coming through the house. That cost me $5,000.

the installer who came out was great, extremely thorough, a real gentleman and friendly. He explained things to me and showed me how to use and fill the system. He knew what he was doing and was here for about a half hour. It was harder to rinse with my water before and it felt like my skin was still soapy when there's no soap left on them. Also, it used to always burn my eyes. But that feeling is gone now for about 90 percent as I've got soft water with RainSoft. But one thing I think that would have been nice is if the saleslady would take the time to write me a thank you note, which I would have immediately recycled.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We knew we had hard water because we live in Missouri. The sales rep explained everything and answered all our questions. He was very knowledgeable and it was great. We purchased a big one for the house and another that goes underneath the sink. The installer was fantastic. He was very friendly and also knowledgeable. He did an excellent job. My husband had a couple of questions, which can be a pain in the neck, but he answered them and my husband understood him.

Now, our clothes are a lot cleaner and I noticed our towels are a lot fluffier. And of course, the water tastes a lot better out of the faucet we have that's strictly for drinking. The shower doesn't get dirty. I don't use as much detergent, too. We feel clean and it's amazing. We also get to use their products but I haven't started that yet because I wanted to use what we already have first. I don't want to throw it away but we're getting close to using all that. RainSoft Water Treatment Systems is well worth it and it makes a big difference. Everything was just perfect.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The quality of our water in the area led me to research water treatment systems. Setting up the appointment with RainSoft was good and the appointment setter Mike was very respectful. The sales representative who came showed us all the products they have. So, what we liked is what we picked and he was not really forcing us to get one like showing what other companies have. I don’t want to be forced by any sales representative sent to me. Also, I work in a dialysis setting so I'm already familiar with water and it was good that he showed water treatment to my wife.

I have the carbon, the softener, the thing for the laundry, the ozone, and the AC. It was just one person who installed everything and he was good and clean. He actually came in earlier than the time that he said and want to be there and then he started doing his thing outside the house. Since having the system installed our skin is better and the water tastes better. It's also better when I clean the bathroom. I'm very satisfied and I recommended RainSoft to my family already.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I went to BJ to buy water and a guy came up to me and said he'll give me a $20 card or gift certificate so I signed up. Then they came into my house and said that they're gonna treat my water to see if I have good water and then they were selling me the whole system. The RainSoft sales guy scheduled whenever it was fine for me and he explained everything really good when he came. He was really good and I purchased all the water softener and was given all the soaps to use for the house to do laundry, bleaches and other stuff like that. Also, the installation guy was good and really nice. He explained everything to my husband because I had to go to work and then he cleaned up everything when he was done.

Since having the system, the water is softer and the soap is very soft when I take a shower. It looks like I have a lot of moisture on me and the soap goes quickly because the water is so soft that I don’t have to use a lot of soap. It's very good but my husband says that he doesn’t like it because supposedly his skin gets itchy with the water. But everything was fine for me and I haven’t any problems yet. My overall experience with RainSoft is very good except that I never received the $20 gift card the guy in BJ told me about.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm a nurse and I grew up on well water. It's common sense to get your water checked and I have it tested because, back then, the river bank did not have as many pesticides and chemicals in the ground as there are now. We've had our RainSoft since 1999, and their rep Dave was the one who came out and explained it to us. And recently, we had the system updated because it started leaking. In the beginning the UV light was burned out and every time they send a repair guy out here, he would break it and never did right for a long time so I said, “Well, why in the heck did they sell me UV light? They tell me now that I don’t really need it." So, I got a little bit testy over that and things do need to be updated. We got the reverse osmosis updated, too. So now we don’t have to do anymore of the backwashing.

One Saturday night, our air conditioner had been out all day and to make things better, we were going out to eat to let the house cool down. And when I went down in the basement and checked, there was some water. My husband called the 24-hour emergency line but they said we had to wait until Monday. So, we shut the water off to the house and we would go up to the garage and filter the well water so we can flush our toilets until Monday. So the 24-hour emergency didn’t do me any good. But I did have air conditioning. To be out of water and air conditioning, it was a little bit much.

When the installer got here, he was very professional. He came in the front door, took his shoes off and dealt with everything downstairs. My husband went down there with him, so I went and offered him a drink of water and to see how it was going. He asked me to keep moving a little bit around that hot water heater under the stairwell because that’s where it's located. He did an excellent job in a timely manner. I can't say enough good things about him. It was excellent. At first when my husband bought into it I was upset with him, but now I'm very thankful that he got it. It has made a huge difference because now, water is running through the appliances.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RainSoft, A Division of Aquion, Inc.?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We made a purchase at Home Depot and RainSoft called and asked if we would be interested in a free water testing. We are on well water and I knew that our water is really hard so when opportunity came up to have it tested, we took it. Where we work, we have every other Friday off so RainSoft set it up on a Friday and it worked out perfect. The rep was the nicest guy. We had a lot going on that day and he was really patient. We could tell he knew the product and liked it. We were impressed with his presentation. He sold it and did a good job.

We have the reverse osmosis under our kitchen sink counter and then we have the tanks for the full house. The biggest difference I see is when I run our dishwasher. Previously, it would streak so bad but now, all of the streaks are gone. Also, after running my pots and pans through the dishwasher, we would have calcium buildup, but now all of those are gone. The sales rep told me that the water softener should help with dry, itchy skin and he was right. I don't have dry, itchy skin anymore. We can definitely notice differences.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Our water treatment was hard and we needed to soften it. We did some reading about water softeners and there was a guy who had it and so we got it too. We called RainSoft and they showed up. They were very friendly, helpful and answered all my questions. We showed them where we wanted the device to be since they took out the old system. The water is soft now. The only problem I have is that sleek feeling on me. I don't like that. But it's saving my appliances and my hot water heater and from building up all the junk. Overall experience is very good and everything seems to be fine.

Consumer Increased Rating!
Resolution In Progress

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems

Thank you for making us aware of your concerns. We will be contacting your local dealer regarding this matter.

Original review: May 3, 2017

Our salesman came to our house and pitched a water system that would "save" us money. He showed us all prices of the systems but then told us he could make a special deal with us, for $72/month for 24 months and we would be done paying it off. He actually sat down with his calculator and showed us how the normal prices in the books were mostly interest, but we could get it at this lower price if we signed up tonight. He also told us we had a 30 day period that if we ended up changing our mind and not liking it, we could get it uninstalled. No charge, no problem. We signed up based on good faith that what the salesman was telling us was actually true.

In the Bill of Sale he had us sign, he told us that the prices he was writing in didn't matter - they weren't our prices, but he had to put them on there. A week later, we get our first bill in the mail and it is over $7000!! We called the salesman and he apologized if he explained it wrong, but that was the total amount. We also asked to talk to his manager and have been playing the run around with him. He told us we are stuck paying the $7000 and that there was no 30 day guarantee that the salesman promised. We were lied to and cheated and now they are trying to hold us to the price. We are involving attorneys for being scammed. Home Depot and Home Services should be ashamed of sending dishonest and lying salesman to prey on good faith people.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Our chlorine level here in the city of Houston was above the level that we use in a swimming pool and the water tastes like ** that’s why we needed RainSoft. But other than that, everything was fine. Their sales rep came over, gave us all the information we needed and answered every question that was asked. She also gave us her personal number to call if we had a problem. There are two big tanks outside. We got a water system, a reverse osmosis and something under the sink. Installation went smooth, it’s clockwork. Their staff was very polite people. They came in and did what they had to do. They gave us the information that we needed and they were off.

Since they installed the system, the water's just like silk when I take a bath. I twirl up and down and still got soap all over. The clothes also smell better and they’re whiter. My wife loves it. And as long as she is happy, I am happy. We gave RainSoft some names and a couple of friends of ours have bought from them too. Overall, it has been an absolutely fabulous experience with RainSoft. The end result was great.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We have good water to start with. But I had signed up at Home Depot for a $1000 Home Depot gift card raffle. They said that I was preliminarily drawn for it but then I had a free estimate for a water softener system and that I’ll get $25 gift card. It was false advertisement. They used my $1000 raffle ticket in order to get my information to call me about RainSoft.

The sales rep was friendly when they called and told me the free water test would take no more than about an hour and a half. When they arrived, they were here for three solid hours. I kept telling them that I had an appointment. They told me to sign up that day and we’ll save $500 but the deal won’t be there the next day. We really did want to go with the system but we missed a very important appointment just to be able to save the $500 so it was incredibly short-changed because of those pushy sales tactics. It was also a little frustrating because they underestimated the time they were going to need. But they were courteous and knowledgeable. They were also fine with their job.

They set up the installation for 7PM on a weekday and I said I have to work the next day and that I don’t think that’s going to be a good fit. We believe that the salesperson got his commission once the system was installed because he pushed hard for us to have it installed within three-day window. So, they kept that 7PM on a weekday. I work in a hospital and have to get up at 4AM for work and so it was very unsafe for me. They weren’t here until about 10:30PM that night and again, they set it at two hours max. The poor installer still had to drive home to his kids and family. So it was really frustrating that the salesperson really pushed for that install to happen so quickly and it took much longer again than expected. I didn’t think that kind of scheduling was acceptable. However, the installer was phenomenal, amazing and thorough. My husband had a lot of questions and he explained everything very well.

Before, we didn’t have sulphur and iron but it was hard water. After installing the system, the water is definitely softer. It took some of the chlorine out. So we’re happy with the product. I would recommend it. We’re just unhappy with the legwork of how the product got here. They have to start changing their practices and start to realize that they can’t feed the customer information that it’s going to be a very quick install and presentation because that is really frustrating. Time is incredibly important to everybody. Had they stated upfront and said it’s going to take three hours, I would’ve told them to reschedule.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was at Home Depot and a guy walked up to me and asked if I had city water and I told him that I had well water. He asked if I would be interested in a water evaluation and told me I’d get a gift card, too, which is always good, so they set me up. The sales rep Gina came out and did her show about the product for us. I was very impressed with several things, not only with the fact about my ugly water that I had been consuming, but also when she took some of the processed water, wiped the window off, and there were no streaks. She also went to my shower and did the same thing.

The installation team of 2-3 people was on time and very knowledgeable. They explained all to me and showed me what to watch for and look for as far as operation goes. They told me they’d come about every two months to check on it and if they’ve been, I’d not seen anybody. But they didn’t tell me that I’d see them, so I don’t know if they’ve come or not.

I’m very pleased with the product. I don’t have to use as much detergent and fabric softener as I did in the past. There’s no calcium buildup coming through on my faucet where the wire is or the filter-like thing on it to keep trash out. I highly recommend it and I’m happy to tell everybody how happy I am. My granddaughter who is a health buff also has well water and lives in Lynn Haven has purchased one. My brother was real impressed with it too. RainSoft is a fabulous company.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had concerns with hard water and preserving my appliances such as my dishwasher and washer. So, I consulted with RainSoft when I was at Home Depot, and their sales representative, Barry was very informative. He was able to schedule a time for them to come out that works well for me. And so, I purchased a water conditioner from them. The installation team came out and got plumbers that the same day because I was going out of town. Since I don't have a basement so they put the unit in the room under the stairwell where the hot water tank is. They also did the electrical work and cleaned up after themselves. Since having the system installed, there have been more suds and the water feels different on my skin when I take a shower.

However, RainSoft needs to communicate better. When they approached me in Home Depot, they asked if I would like to do a survey, fill it out then let them demo. In return, I would get a $20 gift card from home depot. After the installation, I spoke to Barry and asked if I was supposed to get a gift card, and he said he would be out in my area and he would just stick it in my mailbox. Afterwards, I called their number and said I still haven't received my gift card. A young lady asked if I got it in my email. Still, they didn't say it was going to be an e-card. Moreover, Barry said he would drop it in my mailbox so if it was coming in the form of an email, I wouldn't expect him to make that statement.

$20 is not going to make or break me. However, I called several times on it and Rainsoft doesn't follow up. I was told to check my email and my junk mail but I still don't have it. I may have deleted it as it did not even say "Rainsoft". The lack of follow-up deterred me and I still haven't heard from them. I'm not going to look for that email. Nevertheless, I would recommend Rainsoft but they need to communicate better.

Resolution In Progress

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems

Thank you for making us aware of your concerns. We will contact your local dealer regarding this matter.

Original review: April 24, 2017

I had a something for water treatment in the past and I liked it. I continued with RainSoftand the sales rep was good. However, I'm having a problem with paying the bills wherein I'm not getting it on time. For example, I was told they'll send it out on the 14th and that it was six days due. I finally got the bill in the mail two days later and I was wondering how it was six days due if I hadn’t gotten it yet. I’ve tried to do the online bill payment too and it was crazy with their website for the finance company that I went through. I was also told this and that about what the system could do, but so far, I still get everything I had before the system was put it in so I wonder if RainSoft is doing anything different.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had just bought a house and had super hard water. I went to Home Depot looking for a water softener system and everything went smoothly with the RainSoft sales rep. They came in and tested the water. Everyone was very polite. I didn’t realize how hard the water was until they tested it. They said I have an 18 on the scale. Then they showed me what it’s supposed to be with the softener system and sold me on it.

We originally set up the installation for two days later. But it had to be at night because I work 12 hour shifts. So the guy came out, looked at what I had and very politely and very professionally said that he could install it that day, but he didn’t feel comfortable doing it because if something possibly went wrong, he wouldn’t have access to hardware stores because they would already be closed. So, we set it up the next day which was completely reasonable. He came back, got it all set up, and everything went great. I got a whole water filtration system and the water is doing much better. I can run my fingers through my hair now. I didn’t have any complaints with RainSoft. Everyone who came out was so good.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I went through four different companies and we got the price where I wanted it and the monthly charge with RainSoft. I told them that I was redoing my kitchen and I wanted to have water and I live in the lower part of Florida and Florida water sucks. I’m from New York, so I’m so used to New York water. We got the machine which has up to 100 pounds of salt and stuff in it. I noticed a total difference with the drinking water, the shower and my clothes. It’s running fine. In fact, I even referred my dad and he got one, too. It was an awesome experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We’ve got a well that needs a water treatment system on it all the time. We had one and it went bad and we had to purchase another one. We went by the RainSoft office in Roanoke and then they sent somebody out here. The sales rep who came out showed us pictures and told us what the price was. He went downstairs and looked at the old system and then he recommended something to replace it. We got a whole water conditioning system. This system does what they said it would do, so we’re very satisfied with it. The fellow that put the system in knew what he was doing and switched it over in good time. It only took him an hour.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We wanted our water tested because I was having problems with the previous water. RainSoft's sales representative was excellent and seemed knowledgeable. He went through and explained each and every test to us and showed us the difference. He let us sample what it would be like after the system was installed. I got the whole RainSoft filtration system that goes through the whole house. Everything including the bathwater, shower water, drinking water are extra purified, except the outside faucet. The taste of the water is better and I'm using less detergent when I'm doing the dishes. Also, I could feel the difference in my body during shower and the shower stays clean longer. We’re very happy with RainSoft.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We got a flyer after a Home Depot purchase. We made the phone call and a rep from RainSoft came out. He introduced themselves and talked to us about water treatment. He asked a few questions about hard water and how do we feel after showers and drinking water. He educated us on what’s in the water and why our skin was feeling really dry after showers. He did a couple water tests and showed us what was in our water. And he broke the numbers down in regards to how much we spend on a bottled water and detergents and cleaning supplies. He was good and convinced us. He was very knowledgeable and it was a very positive experience. And we’ve been happy ever since.

The installation guy was good and knowledgeable, too. He did an excellent installation. However, he was rushing a little bit and rushing the explanation part of it in regards to how to take care and maintain the water treatment system itself. I had a couple more questions that may have been a little redundant, but I wanted to understand what I needed to do and when to maintain the equipment. Nevertheless, we love our RainSoft system. We can definitely can tell the difference with our water. I would highly recommend RainSoft.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We had a RainSoft system set up when we lived in Port St. Lucie and we knew what it was like so we wanted it again now that we moved here in Cocoa. We did a test and we were called. The fellow who did the testing and also the fellow who did the installation were both very nice and knowledgeable. They answered all my questions and did a nice job. We got the full water conditioning system and our water now feels a little bit nicer than what it was when we had it in Port St. Lucie 15 years ago. The system seems to be just the same, if not better. We're very satisfied.

Original review: April 11, 2017

I was contacted by Home Depot a month after moving into a new home and new state with the offer of a home water test. I was then sold a RainSoft system with RO to the tune of $8,000. The initial install spewed black water because their people had no idea what they were doing. I didn't feel safe drinking the water for some time. I was also told I would save money with free soap for life, which left clothes and everything else dirty, and I eventually gave up. I wasn't even sure it was septic safe. This became a Citibank account which admittedly SOLD my PRIVATE information to a number of scammers despite privacy requests.

I was told this was "interest free for a year", so I made large payments thinking interest would be minimal when it kicked in. Then I find out interest is DEFERRED and is NOT on the remaining balance, but back to the beginning! So my interest in one year was ONE THIRD the remaining balance! Home Depot has lost a customer for LIFE!

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems

Thank you for making us aware of your concerns. We will be contacting your local dealer.

Original review: April 11, 2017

Our water smelled hard. We knew that we needed to do something and we just had been putting it off. We sent our water sample to RainSoft. The sales representative was good and nice. He said that there was another guy who lived closer to our house, but the guy couldn’t do it that day so he came out and made the special call. He said that he was the regional manager and he could get us better deals and guarantee us a price where someone else couldn’t and so we ended up dealing with him.

However, he was very in-your-face like overexcited, overanxious, aggressive, cocky, arrogant, and overbearing. It was like he promised the moon and delivered dinner. My parents needed a water softener system too and so I referred my parents to him. He then treated my parents the same way. But my parents were happy with the system and so are we. We've been able to contact him and we did the whole water softener and filtration system. We also did the CleanStart through RainSoft. The installers were great and they said the same thing with the salesman. Now, we have better drinking water, washing water, no smells and no staining.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Our concerns were the hardness of our water and the chemicals in it. My husband and I got the Test Your Water Kit from Home Depot. We were then contacted from there. Consultation with the sales rep was super easy and we ended up getting the water system from Rainsoft. A guy came to install it. However, it took quite longer than they originally quoted us, which was somewhat annoying but it was fine. Everything was good. We’ve only had it a few months and since having the system, we’ve had better water quality. The water tastes better. I also felt that it’s better on our skin and it’s washing better. On the whole, it was definitely worth it. Rainsoft is a good company and everything was really easy so far.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My daughter badly needed a water softener in her town house in the Orlando area so she got one from Rainsoft. I tried the water and said, "Let me have my water at home in Sebring tested. I'm about 90 miles away." Sure enough I needed some changes to make so I went ahead and got one. The first time the serviceman came he didn't realize it was going to take a little while to install it and he came late in the afternoon about 4:00, so he rescheduled, came back the next day and after that everything was okay. I wanted all the water in the house to be soft and to be able to drink on the tap faucet, and Rainsoft's water system gives me a lot of soft water.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

There was a free water analyzing at Home Depot and the person there had a bunch of sample collection bottles on a rack so I took one and then I sent my sample in. He was nice and explained everything and that's how I heard about RainSoft. We got the Wi-Fi system, the laundry ozone generator thing and then the air purifier from them. The installation guy was nice and was pretty fast. Now our water quality is a lot nicer and I definitely enjoy that. The air purifier also works well. Overall, it’s been great. It was all really easy to get it done and we're definitely happy with the results.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The sales reps from RainSoft were all very nice and polite. They gave us a demo of the water that we had and why we needed the system. We got the whole house system and the installer was very good. He came out, installed the system and cleaned up after himself. Now, the water tastes better and is much softer. It felt better in the shower. I’m really pleased with it. We have already recommended RainSoft.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

After seeing how hard our water has been on our faucets, we purchased the water softener and the water system for the chlorine and the drinking water from RainSoft. Their sales representative was very specific. He said he'd like to explain the system so that we would get a better understanding of it all. Also, their installation team was very thorough. They were neat and fast. Since we had the system installed, we've noticed that our faucets don't have water spots and our water was tasting better. Overall, we're very satisfied with everything.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

RainSoft sales representatives were going through the store doing a survey at Home Depot. They kinda took some surveys from different people and they had called us and asked to set up a consult. Previous houses I’ve owned didn’t have water treatment so I’m looking into it. Everything went well. They were very knowledgeable. The guy came out and did all the demonstrations, tested the water, showed us the differences between our water and the treated water and then all the other products that they offered, the cleaning solutions, the cleaning products, the things that I need. He was a very professional young guy. After the water filtration system was installed, I noticed that the water’s a lot softer now and you don’t get all those scaly spots all over the shower doors and windows.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I’ve had RainSoft since the 90’s. I had it upgraded because it was getting old and it uses more salt than my new one. I have well water, so I got a water conditioner EC4. Most of their sales representatives are really nice. There was one that I didn’t particularly care for but all the rest of them has been professional. Then the guy that worked on the installation was great. He was here before and worked on my old one. He’s the one who talked me into upgrading. Since then, our bathtub stays a lot cleaner and we don’t use as much salt and water in it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I am very happy with the Rainsoft water softener. It is a great product and our water is a whole lot better. I was going through Home Depot and then the salesperson showed up and told me about RainSoft. He seemed knowledgeable. He showed us a bunch of tests that our water was at a bad shape and what they had to be able to help it out. The installation team also knew what they were doing. I asked them all about the placement. They did their best to put it right where I would have liked it. We had to put it in the secondary location and that worked out this time.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I picked up one of RainSoft's water tests at Home Depot because it was free and I wanted to know what was in our water. When they did the testing they showed us everything that was in our water. A RainSoft sales rep called to set up the consultation and they were able to come out in a couple of days and do the presentation. We noticed a big difference and I love the system. Our water is softer and it tastes a lot better. We went to RainSoft in Kennesaw and bought more salt and they're having someone come out on to make sure our levels are right.

However, during the installation, it was difficult to understand the installer because he was rushing when we were talking to him. We got lost when he was trying to explain. But for the most part he did a good job and he showed us the manual so that we could look at anything. Also, we were told we would get the American Shopper coupon book but it's been three months since we've had the system and we still and we still haven't gotten it. The girl we spoke to at RainSoft said she's looking into it and would give me a call and let me know.

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems Company Profile

RainSoft, A Division of Aquion, Inc.
1953