Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Salesman was very knowledgeable and is a great product! We haven't needed to buy water filters since having our RainSoft system. Everything, including our laundry, has never been cleaner feeling! Would highly recommend to anyone!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We have hard water so we began researching water treatment systems then one of my neighbors referred RainSoft. Consultation with the sales rep was pretty easy. The person I talked to was knowledgeable, courteous and answered all my questions. We purchased the Water Filtration System. RainSoft installation team were very polite, on time and cleaned up after themselves. I noticed less water spots and better-tasting water after having the system installed. Overall experience with them was easy and quick.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I’ve had RainSoft pretty much in my whole life as my parents had them and we decided to go with them this time. I talked to Peter on the phone and he was the one who came to the house and talked to us about the system. He showed us some new things that were different about RainSoft versus other systems. I like his personality. He's an awesome guy, nice, and very informative. Then another gentleman came to do the installation and he explained everything he was doing. We even had a bath towel that he replaced for us for free so he did a really good job.

Before, when water would dry, there would be a white powder substance and we’d have to wipe everything down. Now since we’ve installed the water softener and the filtration system, there’s no more white residue on the water thing in the refrigerator, that's always clean now. There are also no spots when the water splashes when we get a glass of water. We also noticed that the water spots seem to be starting to disappear on our shower. It was a pleasure doing business with them. They’re very informative, cooperative and it wasn’t a big sales pitch. It was really a good experience and I’ve already recommended them to some families.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The person from RainSoft came out and did a water test. He was very knowledgeable and courteous. He went through a number of water demonstrations to show how nasty my water was. We wound up purchasing the whole house filter and softener from them. The installation guys did an excellent job, were very neat, had all the parts I needed and finished up in an expedient manner. They were very pleasant.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We had our water tested through Home Depot because we thought we had either iron or limestone in it. Then RainSoft sales rep came in and tested our water at home. He also showed us how hard it was and explained how RainSoft could help us. We ended up buying the water conditioning system from them. The installers were very friendly and knowledgeable. They came in, did their job, left, and we were all happy.

Because of the water quality in the city where I live, I did my research on water treatment systems and went with RainSoft. I've been using the system since 2009. The initial consultation with their sales representative was excellent or I wouldn't have bought the system. I had recently put in one of RainSoft's systems for the washing machine that generates ozone. Everything is going fine. I have the company service my system every year. I never had a problem with their people. They're extremely cooperative and helpful. Overall, I've had a very good outcome with the whole product.

I saw the free water test at Home Depot, so I thought to have my water tested and see what it says. When I sent in my water test I got a callback a few days later that said, "This is the preliminary results of your water test and we’d like to send somebody out to give you a demonstration and test your water at your home." I agreed and they set up an appointment for me and the guy came. His name was Sean and it was a really great presentation. RainSoft has really got the whole sales pitch down. The thing that’s most compelling is they're at your tap showing you your water and the filtered water. You get to actually see the contaminants that’s in your water or the hardness of the water and what it's like when you wash your hands. It clearly shows that your water is bad, this water is good and you can compare it back and forth. How could you say no at the end of the sales pitch?

I was going to think about it but Sean talked to me and said, “Well, what's gonna change your mind between now and like a month from now?” He’s absolutely right, the sooner the better. I decided to pull the trigger right there and get the system installed. Three days later the installer came out and in two hours they had the whole system set up. They even went over changing the filters, and what kind of salt to buy. I'm comfortable knowing exactly what I got and how it works. Since having the system, the water quality is different, tastes better, feels different and there's no more residue in the sink or in the tub. This is what they said it would be and I'm very happy with it. It was an unbelievably painless experience.

We got a lot of mineral deposits and buildups in the faucets to the extent that they slow down the water flow. Also, the sulfur odor was overwhelming in the summer time. I was at Home Depot and I spoke with their folks and they went online and registered me with RainSoft's rep. Then he called and came out. I was thinking of installing a unit myself but after talking to the Home Depot folks, I decided against that. I also looked at Kinetico and called them and I wasn't impressed with either one of them for a number of reasons. But I felt comfortable with the fellow from RainSoft that came out and presented to us about the way their system works.

The installer greeted me and he was tidy. He was knowledgeable, did a nice job, explained everything and it took three to three-and-a-half hours from start to finish. I signed up for the automatic salt replacement and the automatic reverse osmosis replacement through the installer. We now have minimal buildup in the sinks, and we have hardly any hard water scaling. Also, the reverse osmosis water in the shower tastes wonderful. We had friends over one day and one of them asked for spring water but I said I didn't have it but I thought she'll like my water better. And she commented that it was very good tasting water. I have recommended RainSoft to a couple of people.

I was concerned with the smell from our water and stains on grout lines, toilet lines and humidifiers that I began searching for water treatment systems. My interaction with the Rainsoft sales rep was good. He was very formal and personable. The information that he gave was good and he sold me on the unit. I ended up purchasing the whole house filtration system, CleanStart and reverse osmosis. The installation team explained the system briefly but it's good enough. Since having the products installed, there's no smell anymore from our water, all our issues are gone and our dishes have never been cleaner.

Rainsoft sent somebody out after I did a Home Depot survey. He was very knowledgeable and helpful. The installation guy who came was also good and awesome. Hearing about the Michigan situation, I wanted to make sure I was safe and I got the Rainsoft water purifiers. I noticed a big difference, especially in the taste of the water. Even the water out of my refrigerator filtration system tasted different.

We got RainSoft's water softener, their alkaline water and the one in the laundry room. Our coffee tastes better and cleaning my pots and pans is a lot easier. I use cast iron and wash it using regular water which is hard water. I usually rinse and wipe it out but now, I'm able to wash them and reheating them in the oven without getting rust spots on it. In addition, I have super-duper curly hair and almost to the point of where it gets really coarse at times. I used to have to use a lot of hair products. I was shampooing my hair twice, but now, I could shampoo it once and I don't use a lot of conditioner anymore. Also, I used to have to use a body wash and a soap but now, our usage of soap because of the lathering has gone down as well. I don't usually use a lot of lotion on my legs but I notice that my skin is softer now.

We also don't use fabric softeners anymore for our laundry and the smell is a lot better too because when you leave your clothes in the washer too long, they start to smell. My daughter, she's 23, washes her comforters a lot because she had dogs that jumped on her bed so it would have a smell. After washing them a few times, the ones that had a scent don't have it anymore. She also has a habit of leaving her clothes in the wash overnight and when they set in there in the morning, I usually have to rewash but now, I don't do that anymore.

I was in Home Depot and got RainSoft. Everybody was fine and totally adheres to their word so I didn't have any issues with the RainSoft staff. Even the installation person was really good. So, I got the water softener for the entire house and the pure drinking water. I had some skin issues with a lot of skin irritation and I don't have that anymore since I've been using RainSoft product.

We just moved to a new home in a new area being developed and I was concerned about the smell and the taste of the water that we had. We learned about RainSoft at Home Depot during the weekend. They took our number then they called during the week and we set up an appointment for the sales rep to come out. He did a whole run through everything like testing the water, showing what they could provide, what our water should look and taste like afterwards, how it could increase the efficiency of our appliances, utilizing little to no soap products and some of the things we use in health. It would help our skin as well. So we got the water softener system and the reverse osmosis.

The installation team was great, although they had to dredge down to get to what they needed. They installed an outlet, because we didn't have an outlet readily available. But they checked with me first to make sure it was okay. Once they were done, they showed me how everything operated. They were really, really helpful. If I had any questions, they let me know that they would always be available. And now our water taste great. We used to have water delivered by Sparkletts but we've now stopped and stored the little water dispenser that we had. The only thing I'd like Rainsoft to have now is if we could get cold water without having to bottle it from the system that they offer.

But their customer service is excellent and I couldn't ask for anything more. If I need anything, like when I wanted to know how to maintain my equipment, I'm able to send a text to the sales representative and he answers it directly. There was a guy who came out and followed up a week ago and he was excellent. He made sure that all our issues were addressed, including that we had no problem with the previous people who came out for customer service. They are topnotch.

RainSoft's sales rep was really easy to work with, very helpful, polite and explained everything. The RainSoft system that we purchased runs into the house from the outside filter. The installer was friendly and he did everything that he had to do to make sure everything was hooked up properly and he made sure to answer any questions that we had. Our experience was great.

I set up the initial appointment for RainSoft and that was fine. They left me a message and I had to call them back a couple of times, but they were very friendly and said they would come out and do the water testing and describe everything that would entail. And they were able to work with my schedule as far as the timing of the appointment. The sales rep was very nice and straightforward and he explained what he was gonna do with each test of the water and what each test would show. He took his time and wasn’t rushed and he answered any questions I had. I got the in-home water filtration system and the CleanStart for the washer. With it I don’t have to drink as much water, but the water’s better and the clothes in the washer come out cleaner. The installation team was very nice and they knew what they were doing. There was one point where water was leaking but they fixed it right away.

The sales team came when they said they'd come, talked to us and we bought the unit. It was all very well. We got the drinking filter system for the hard water. The installation guy came and worked hard and long. It was dark when he was done. He knew what to do and did his job. I used to sell RainSoft when I worked for Sears, so I'm very familiar with what and how they did it, and how it works. And since having the unit, my ice cubes are clear, and I don't worry about kidney stones anymore. I get a lot of suds from my soap. It's not hard anymore. So I'm very satisfied with it. The people at RainSoft were very nice and pleasant, and did everything they said they'd do.

We have to buy laundry detergents and I was thinking about cutting back on that cost as well as electric bills. RainSoft was introduced to me at the Fall MOLA Conference October of 2016. Their sales rep, Dan, was at the conference and I told him that I was really interested in the product. He was phenomenal and stayed in contact with us all the time. If I needed to get in touch with him, he always answered his phone. If not, I left him a message and he called me right back. We started usingtthe Rainsoft system when he came out and gave us our little trial. He installed the equipment on my washers and told me that we can use that as a trial and error. If I didn't like it, it was fine, but if I did, that would be wonderful.

We started using it in December and I wanted to give it more than a month 'cause I wanted to see if it would cut down on my electric bills. For about six months, we utilized RainSoft and my staff fell in love with it. I didn't have to buy laundry detergents and I noticed that the electric bill went down a little bit. We went back out and I said I wanted to sign the contract. We have three facilities and Dan installed the equipment in our other two sister facilities too.

We absolutely love and have been very pleased with everything that we're experiencing with RainSoft. Everything is grand. My water tastes better, I don't have to clean my tub and toilets that much and my laundry is much cleaner. I used to match our socks by how stained the heel was but there are no stains anymore. So there’s been a huge difference since we installed the system. Also, their staff has been wonderful. I tell all my friends about RainSoft.

Our water had a lot of hardness like calcium and has chlorine smell so we filled out a card for water testing of RainSoft in Home Depot. Then their sales rep called and made me understand stuff about my water which I already knew. They asked if I have time for someone to come out and go over some information. A rep named Debbie came that evening and did a good job in explaining and testing. One thing led to another and now, we got their water conditioning system, the softener, and the reverse osmosis. The installer, Richard, was really good. And when our reverse osmosis was screwing up and our softener wasn't softening right, they fixed it and everything is good now. Since having this system, we can definitely say that our water is a lot softer, tastes better and doesn't have the smell anymore. It's a nice unit and we love it.

A representative from RainSoft stopped by to obtain a sample of our faucet water to test and then they provided us with the results. Then somebody came to do the in-house test after that. They were very informative and it was an eye-opener once we saw the test and what it did, how it could affect and how it can actually save money in the long run so it was a great experience. We got the water softener and I’ve noticed my skin is softer and my hair is smoother. Even after I wash dishes and even if I use Clorox, my hands are not nearly as dry as they were prior to installing the system. So far, we love it and we’re glad we got this investment because it’s been well worth it.

The RainSoft sales rep was very friendly and wasn't pushy. He explained the product in full detail and what all we had in our water. He ran a test and showed us what all the minerals and stuff that's in the water which made us concerned so, we got their water purification and the one for drinking water. The installer came and explained in detail about what he was doing and what we needed to do in the future. Before, we get so much sediments from what was in the water on our silverware. Now with RainSoft installed, the dishes come out of the dishwasher a lot cleaner and spot free. It was like somebody polished our silver. Also, the water is different when taking a shower. In addition, we used to have bottled water coming in and was having to pay for that every month. With the new system, we have filtered drinking water that's comparable to the distilled water that we were bringing in so, it cut our cost back. We love RainSoft.

I was very serious about water quality and I was looking to improve the quality of water in my house. I went through a couple of independent resellers and felt the best with Rainsoft and that's why I went forward with them. I had an excellent interaction with the sales rep from RainSoft. He was quite professional and very knowledgeable. I had done a lot of research initially and he confirmed a lot of the questions that I had. I did the whole house water purification system and the installation team was extremely cordial and polite and I enjoyed having them for the install. Since I had the RainSoft system installed, I have felt more comfortable and confident cooking with my tap water, giving it to my dogs, bathing in it and drinking it. I haven't had to squeegee my shower and there's not a lot of calcium carbonate build up around my appliances. I use natural products and they last longer and are more efficient now with cleaner water.

I was shopping at Home Depot for something to help my father-in-law, and somebody approached us and asked if we have anything about water treatments. I already had it in mind, and in fact, I already did a little research because we had hard water at my house. The calcium buildup on the shower, around the kitchen sink, and the bathrooms is gross. The lady who approached us said somebody would call and set an appointment with us. She'll do a water test for free. The RainSoft rep who came out did a great job. She did a great demo of the testing of the water and explaining it. She knew her stuff, and she's definitely well-experienced, which we appreciate. Since having our RainSoft system installed, showers are different. The water tastes really different as well. Overall, we love it.

We bought a house and weren't sure about the quality of the water. We wanted to make sure what we were dealing with and Home Depot had a test kit to take a sample and mail it in. RainSoft responded and sent a technician out to explain the processes and was thorough. The rep showed us how everything worked and the test results that we had in our water. He demonstrated the water coming into the house, the water system that was under the sink, explained the benefit, and everything made sense. The only thing that was questionable was the price. It happened so quick. The rep came in, spent several hours with us, and made sure that we understood what the system provided. Then at the end, I used my Home Depot account and made him raise my credit limit, so that we could put it on there until we could work out the payments.

The water quality is definitely superior. I didn't notice that it was bad before but when I use my detergents and soaps, it said that it's cleaner and it doesn't leave the chemicals behind which I'm sure of by testing with the different chemicals showing the purity level. Also, I can tell when I get out of shower that it feels different. We had one little glitch in the system after a couple of weeks, and RainSoft sent a service tech to take it out. He knew what he was doing and got right to the problem. There were four different things that could have been the problem, but he was real quick in narrowing it down and took care of it. I was very pleased with how quickly he troubleshot the problem.

I've recommended RainSoft. Someone asked me about how it was, but the price threw them off. The reason why I probably didn't say, "Give me some time to think about it," as I usually do, is because we had just spent several thousands of dollars for all new appliances down to our water heater, and I knew that good water coming into the systems would certainly extend the life of the appliances.

I used to have Rainsoft a long time ago. Then we were moving in and the welcoming committee came by and brought us a little flyer. I gave her my phone and a RainSoft rep called me. The rep came by and did a beautiful demonstration. She was very cheerful and we didn't mind having her in our home. It was a pleasant visit and it was like having a conversation with an old friend.

We were on a water softener and we also got one of the air purifiers. The installation was great and the installers didn't bother me. They did what they had to do and showed me how to test the water and how to operate the machine. It was educational and informative and everything was self-explanatory. It was a quick and pleasant experience and I feel better and happier since having the system. The water doesn't smell and when I get out of the shower, I'm not as dry and my hair is not as brittle.

A sales representative approached us in Home Depot while we're shopping for our new house and signed us up as soon as we closed. We didn't know it was RainSoft until after the water test guy came here and we got sold from there. He was really friendly and a very fun guy. He explained to us all the different chemicals and all the particulates in the water. He even made us laugh and was really entertaining. Those couple of hours seemed to really fly by. He was friendly and wasn't overly pushy on the sale. He made it really feel like our choice instead of a choice being pushed on us.

My wife got to deal with the installation team. She said that the guy was a very friendly person, though she had trouble understanding the guy because of a very strong accent. We got the full Rainsoft system that came with the six years of soap from Health360. It's amazing and we really love it. We're about to do our salt refill soon. It's been phenomenal and we're extremely satisfied.

My husband was in Home Depot and Rainsoft was presented that to him there. During the consultation, the rep did a lot of demonstrations so well that they were enlightening. My husband was not one to frivolously go into something so for the rep to sell the system to him right there alone showed he was a very good salesperson. We got all of it from Rainsoft and we’re enjoying our purchase. My husband is really very pleased because he says when he takes a shower now, his skin is a lot softer. He noticed the improvement. It’s also nice to be able to go to the faucet and get water without having to worry about any contaminants.

My water smelled bad and didn't feel right so I looked into water systems and found RainSoft. Their sales representative was quick, very knowledgeable, and very easy to work with. He did the testing at my parent's house and sold my parents a system. He was very professional and he went through everything. I didn't feel like he was trying to sell us something we didn't need. RainSoft is exactly what I needed. My sinks and toilets are not dirty and it's easier to clean stuff. The water feels way better and doesn't smell bad anymore. It's a way better experience all around.

We had hard water. We always have a ring around the toilet, as well as water spots on the shower doors, and our body was being dried out. So we set up a consultation with RainSoft, which turned out quick and easy. They asked if they could fit us in that day and we said yeah. They set everything up the same day and the presentation was so good. When they gave us the results, it was everything that was going wrong with our water that we had concerns about. So we knew that the water conditioning system was something that we really needed to get.

They took their time and resolved problems they had, got the system to work by the end of the day and definitely cleaned up after themselves. Since having the system installed, our body is not dry and it now feels like silk. When my mother-in-law was here for a couple of days, she said that it was great. And we don't have the water staining on our shower glass anymore. The toilet is getting a lot better, too. RainSoft is a great system and I highly recommend it to a lot of people.

I was at Home Depot when RainSoft approached me and asked me if they could come and test my water, and at that time I wasn’t interested. I then moved from a large home to a brand-new duplex into a different town and found that the water was extremely bad. So, I talked to Culligan but they were expensive. I then looked up RainSoft on the internet since they had approached me before. Also, I knew they had systems that were better-priced, so I called and they came out and tested my water and I then purchased a couple of systems from them.

I had the reverse osmosis system put in directly onto my refrigerator so I could have drinking water and ice. When I found out how bad the water was, I was drinking bottled water, but with the RainSoft system, the water coming out of my refrigerator tastes better and I don’t have the bottled water anymore. In fact, I noticed it immediately when they turned on the filtration system in the whole house. Additionally, I had terrible levels of chlorine in my water, and I purchased a whole house filter that they put on, which eliminated all of that. Every day I took a shower, I was overcome with the smell of chlorine, and as soon as they put that filter on and I tried it the next morning, there was no more smell of any chlorine at all.

We had a Kenmore water softener and I kept putting salt in it and I assumed it worked, and the representative from RainSoft showed me that it didn't. After I saw what Rainsoft could do for me, we went ahead and purchased it with the filtering system and we're very happy with it. Our sales rep was a local guy and we had a good experience with him. Everything is working fine and I've recommended it to friends.

The guy from RainSoft came out to my house and did a few tests on my water. I've always filtered my water and when he did the test, he shared with me that our water through our house was in really good shape. But he showed me the canister that I could put in front where my water inlet comes into the house. I put it right after the inlet valve, so all the water that runs to my house now is filtered and I like that idea. The guys that put it in were awesome. They came in and were done in a half hour. They were very professional and I appreciated everything they did. It was a worthwhile experience and I would do it again.

I was concerned about the chemicals potentially in the water and found RainSoft online. The consultation with the sales rep was great. He was extremely friendly, very prompt, and thorough. The installers were all very friendly and courteous. They worked out whatever issues there were and everything was clean from the installation standpoint. We got all of the RainSoft products including the washing machine thing, the spout for the faucet on the kitchen sink, the salt, plus the filter unit. After the installation, the water is better. Everything is good.

My wife was concerned about chemicals or iron in the water. I had a call from RainSoft after doing a water test at Home Depot and I was asked if they could send their guy out and I said yes. The sales rep who came was great, very thorough, knowledgeable, really informative, and entertaining. He did a great job. I got the two-canister water filtration system and the salt. The installation guy came and I talked to him about where the water goes then he got to work and I left him alone. Then he let me know when he was done and showed me how to use the system. He was efficient. Now, the water is easier to drink and bathing is nicer. It does what it’s supposed to do and we’re happy with it. The whole experience was excellent.

We have a well and had problems with the sulfur smell in our water. The smell had gotten so bad that I didn’t even want to give my kid a bath in the water. Setting up the consultation with RainSoft was real easy. They called and set up an appointment time, and they came out after work so we didn’t have to take off which was very convenient. The sales rep was very knowledgeable, gave us his credentials, and told us how long he’d been doing this. The installers were very easygoing, answered all of my husband's questions, and showed him exactly how to handle everything. We purchased a water treatment system and with that we got the supply of soaps. With well water, we had a lot of iron buildup on our toilets and sinks, and we don’t have any of that anymore. There’s also no more smell and I feel perfectly safe drinking the water out of the faucet.

American Home Design does a lot of work for us and they told us about RainSoft. RainSoft called ahead of time for the consultation and it was very pleasant experience with their rep. He came in, tested the city water, and we saw what was all in the water and it was disgusting. We never drank the water because we usually bought bottled water but he explained that all bottled water isn’t good either. So he tested a couple of bottles that I had and one was okay while another one wasn’t so good. He sat down, explained it all, and wasn’t pushy. At first we said no and that we couldn’t afford it. Then we tried to figure out how we can work it in and now we love it. It’s simple and the water tastes great and makes our skin feel so soft and good.

I believe in honest reviews because I use them often when determining whether or not to buy some of the more pricey things which I consider more of an investment rather than something cheap and throwaway. Let's face it, we like to know if the money we're putting out there is buying a product that lives up to its claims.

Well, like everyone here, the venture starts off with a sales pitch about the quality of the water you currently have. It surprised me when the salesman tested the water and found it to be of somewhat good quality, with middle of the road hardness. He was actually going to tell me I might not need my water treated, but I still wanted to hear more about the RainSoft EC4 System. He explained how the system worked, and it was different from units classified as water softeners. It has a small salt tank that you can load with 5 bags of salt, but the salt is only used by the conditioning system to clean the filters.

I reviewed the literature and I went online to research the product here where I found numerous recommendations. My interest grew with the positive reviews, so I went ahead and purchased the system even though my water was middle of the road hardness. No matter how good you think your tap water is, I can tell you it still has something to be desired for smell and taste in most cases. I was an avid bottled water drinker, and I can definitely tell the difference between my bottled water and tap water. Needless to say, I was going to some rather pricey bottled water every month so I figured over time this system's price can be offset some with the money I'd save from not buying bottled water.

They offer two packages in the Southern California market (and perhaps others) where you get the conditioning unit and a reverse osmosis system under the kitchen sink for the lower of the two offers. The more higher priced options also included some kind of air filtration unit and a ozone producing unit that would attach to your washer rendering any need for laundry soap (which I'm not sure if I could actually feel clean without soap washing my clothes) so I opted for the lower end, more popular package. They were able to install it in my home the very next day.

It's only been a week now and my water has never been better. It feels slippery clean on the body in the shower, and the water produced either in the reverse osmosis 3 filter system under the kitchen sink or the taps where there is no additional filtering is completely free of smell and tastes. I also don't see the spotting of anything in my dishwasher or tap water residues I usually scrub out of the sinks every few days. The water is definitely spotless on the shower doors and there's even a new spigot put on in the front of the house that will allow you to use one spigot with the untreated water for watering your plants or yard with a hose, or you can attach the hose to the treated water spigot and wash your car with a spot-free finish.

Installation was professionally done and it took about 6 hours or so. Expect installation to take place in the garage in most circumstances or wherever your main water line enters the home. I happen to have a source of power nearby, or the installer will run a line to source the power from another location at no additional charge. A PVC pipe "waste/flush" line was run along the ceiling of my garage to a point where the pipe was installed through the drywall into the drain for the washer on the other side of the wall. Keep in mind this was what was needed for my installation since I didn't have any nearby drainage sources near the unit installation. 100% professional workmanship on the pipe soldering, etc.

Don't let me forget to add that they also throw in a 5 year membership with a company that will supply you cleaning materials for an estimated "5 years" based upon the sales pitch. I can't confirm or deny that it will work out that way since I have no way of knowing how much we can actually purchase using "points" given to use for that purpose. The products are mostly concentrates that you'll add water to in order to create the end product. They gave us some free samples of each item which includes laundry, dish washing, window cleaner, general purpose cleaners, and a bar of soap.

It didn't take much concentrate to mix the products so the concentrate should last a long time, but again I can't know if it will be 5 years since that depends on many factors. I think the point is, you will use LESS cleaning supplies since your water is conditioned. I think it's safe to say you'll cut your cleaning liquids in half (again my estimate). Just my experience, but with the cleaning liquids they offered me and since I don't need to buy more bottle water, I can nearly pay for the price of the system in about 6 years.

One final note for those who want all the details. With any water system there is a small amount of maintenance. The cost of the salt, which runs on average around $7 a 40 pound bag. Don't think that will be a large cost, but you also will need to change the membrane in the main unit in the garage about every 5 years at a estimated cost of $400 from what I was told. So, that comes to about $7 a month average. Also, don't forget you need to change the 2 filters and membrane in your under sink reverse osmosis system at least annually (or up to 18 months in some circumstances) for around $75 online. Keep in mind the prices I'm providing are estimates, but should be close.

I want you to have all the information you need to make an informed purchase if you feel interested in getting one of these systems. I feel you won't regret it. The water quality will be superior. I saw one review state that it was better than "bottled" water. I concur. This system lives up to its claims. Worth mentioning is RainSoft included a Lifetime Equipment Warranty and the dealer provides a 1 year Service Warranty. It's also possible for you to take this system with you if you should move, although it may require you to obtain the services of a plumber or RainSoft dealer to make it happen since it does require some plumbing knowledge. I believe they quoted me around $400 to $500 to make that move, but CHECK with the installer for realistic costs if you plan to move anytime after your purchase and you want to take it with you.

I had a free test from Home Depot which led me to research on water treatment systems. Rainsoft then called me on the phone and when the sales rep came out, he showed us a lot of things with the water and the different uncleanliness of it. I was at work when they did the installation, but they did a good job and it looks really good. It has improved our water system so much. I no longer have the heartburn that I used to have. Our water tastes so much better and the shower feels differently now as well.

The RainSoft sales rep called and showed up, and he had a book with all kinds of data. I can only assume that it's all correct. He was very polite, took his time and answered all of my questions. His demonstration was amazing. We got the complete RainSoft package. The water is awesome. However, they've already had to come out and repair the water in our shower. But the neat thing about it is I could tell that something was wrong. So, I called them up and sure enough, there was. The difference in the water is just amazing.

I purchased a RainSoft system for the whole place and another one for the kitchen sink, and I am very pleased with it. The installation went smoothly and everything went fine. Since I had the system installed, the water is very clear and it's better than bottled water. It really tastes good. My daughter even said, "It's wonderful. We love and enjoy it."

We got a RainSoft system after the water test. The sales rep who came for consultation seemed to be very knowledgeable. He did a very thorough job about explaining what is actually in the water, where it comes from specific to our ZIP code and our water sources and it made sense to us. The installation guy was very good and worked very, very well. Now, we have done away with buying bottled water since we buy every once in a while just to have something on the go. There's also a reduction in the detergents that we buy. Also, the water that goes on the body and the lack of stuff it leaves behind on the showerhead, on the dishes and especially the silverware and the glasses, it’s not clouded anymore. RainSoft has delivered what was promised.

We needed a water softener for a lot of things, especially for washing clothes, since we live on a farm and our water is rusty. Everybody from RainSoft has been very cooperative and friendly, and we got along just fine. Since installing our system our water has not been rusty like it used to be. Everything’s working the way it’s supposed to.

We were shopping in Home Dept when a lady asked us about our water. We told her it was terrible so she hooked us up with RainSoft's sales rep who was professional, intelligent and knowledgeable. He said he was a master chemist and that he used to be over the Dallas water system. We've had serious problems with our water for 45 years. The whole water system is the worst in North Louisiana. It would stain fixtures and clothes. We took the test and he showed it to us versus what it looked like before he ran it through his little machine. He convinced us and we did the deal. Home Depot offered this closeout deal to do it that day for free soap for about five years and no sales tax. We got the full treatment plus the water under the sink which breaks it down to bottled water purity.

The installation team took a lot longer than they had planned on because the way our water comes into our home, it splits to two different pipes where one goes to one end of the house and the other goes to the other. They had to go back to the meter so they could run it to the system and back out to where it hooks up just past the meter to go down. They did a lot more work than they planned on and it took them all day. Now, the clothes are cleaner, the water tastes great and we know that we’ve got good, clean water to drink. I’d recommend it and as a matter of fact, I’m trying to get our son to get the system.

I had an old system but some friends of ours told us that I should get a new one because they did. So we got it from RainSoft and we're always liking it. It's a pretty good softener and I got the best product they had. It has value and is a lot better than my old one was. They improved it and I like that. When the installers came, they were friendly, courteous and very good. Since then, I have noticed that I got an on demand hot water heater and it's been better. It's also been hotter so it's working and it's doing a pretty good job. I'd recommend them to any friend or anybody.

Excellent service. I bought the water softener system with the salt tank for the whole house. The sales representative was great, really knowledgeable and pleasant to deal with. The installation guys were great too. Our skin quality has improved, we don't have to use lotion now and don't notice any water spots on our dishes anymore.

My wife has been trying to convince me to get treatment for our water since 1998 and then we've heard about RainSoft through our son. He got it and he kept telling us how great it was and what a difference it made in his life and his family. He called RainSoft and set us up an appointment with a rep. He was very informative. He showed us all the different things that were in the water. He's a good representative of the company. The installation team gave us a lot of information about how the whole house water system works and where they wanted to put it and where we wanted it. Then, we worked out exactly where it should be. We didn't dredge the entrance to the attic, but that's okay. We're satisfied with it.

The system made our water better. We like the reverse osmosis for our drinking and cooking water. The water's taste is different. Our drinkable water was good to begin with, but it had a few things in it and the treatment system made it better. Also, the water leaves a different feel to the body after getting out of the shower, and our clothes now come out softer and brighter after washing them. I would recommend it to anyone.

We knew we had hard water in the house as the water around the San Antonio area is really hard, so we figured to get a water treatment system. We got RainSoft's water softening system and the reverse osmosis for the kitchen sink, and the team that installed it was very good. We could definitely tell a big difference from what we used to have to what we have now. There is no more buildup around all my walls and there’s a better feeling getting out of showers. So it’s a lot better and we're loving it.

I didn't overall like the taste of our water, especially drinking from the faucet. It was unbearable and I've always heard Florida water was bad so I wanted to check out what's going on with it and did the Home Depot water testing for free. I took that home, tested my water, and sent it off. Then they called me and gave me my details and my numbers on how the quality of my water was. They had a guy come out who did a demonstration and showed us what's going on with our water. He recommended RainSoft so we went with that, got our unit, and we're loving it so far.

The sales rep was very thorough, enthusiastic and attentive. He kept our attention the entire time, helped guide us through, and explained everything. Then when the installer came out, I peeked in and out on him while he was doing his thing. He helped me understand the system and how it works as he was installing it, and he answered all the questions I had. Now the water tastes a lot cleaner and it feels a lot better taking showers. I can definitely tell the difference and I don't have that hard water feel when I get out.

I knew my water wasn't the best quality and it was very hard to begin with. So, I wanted to see what the results of a test was and sure enough, it was very hard. We had chlorine in the water as well, above three parts per million, which is higher than what you have in your swimming pool. And that tells me that there were bacteria in the water, so they had to treat it to make it drinkable.

Setting up the consultation with RainSoft was very easy and I enjoyed the conversation very much. The sales rep was very knowledgeable. I ordered the air cleaner as well as the reverse osmosis under the sink, and we had a good time putting it in. The installers were very pleasant to talk to and everything worked out to my satisfaction. The difference is amazing now. I would recommend RainSoft to anyone. It was a very enjoyable experience dealing with the people, finding out about the quality of my water and taking steps to resolve the problems that we had. It's the best move I've made as far as the house in quite some time.

RainSoft was giving away a free water test when we were at Home Depot. So we went for it since we just bought a house and didn't know what was in our water. It was very easy to set up an appointment for a consultation with the sales rep. They were very flexible with the days and times that work. They even wanted to come that day at 8:00 PM. The sales rep came to our home with his kit. He was very kind and easy to talk to, so we felt comfortable talking to him. We were able to have kind of a magic show where we were looking at the water and how these little drops changed. Seeing what was actually in our water was very interesting. We got the water filter system.

The Rainsoft installation team came the next day. I wasn't able to be there, so my husband opened the door for them, and then they took care of our business and left. Everything was set up and it was fine when I came home. Now that we've had the system installed, our water makes our skin and hair very soft and we feel cleaner with it. The system we purchased came with free soap -- dish washing, laundry, hand soap, body soap, shampoo -- for five years, so that was nice. The whole process was very fast. We ordered the system on Sunday and it got installed on Monday, so there was no waiting, and that was very nice and convenient. Overall, our experience with RainSoft was informative, quick, and worth it.

I needed my water system because the community water system had poor testing. Home Depot had Rainsoft. I set up a consultation and the Rainsoft rep called to confirm before he arrived. He came, answered all my questions and gave me a lot of good information. He thoroughly explained how the financial arrangement worked, what the whole package consisted of, how it would be installed, maintenance, as well as testing. I signed up and I got Rainsoft purification under the sink tied into a whole house system under my home. From there we went on with the installation which they were able to set at a time that worked for me. The installation went seamlessly. Since having the Rainsoft system our skin is in better condition, the water tastes a lot better and most of all, I have confidence that I'm drinking clear, clean water. I had an incredible experience with Rainsoft.

Resolution In Progress

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems

Thank you for making us aware of your concerns. We will be contacting your local dealer regarding this matter.

Original review: April 11, 2017

I was contacted by Home Depot a month after moving into a new home and new state with the offer of a home water test. I was then sold a RainSoft system with RO to the tune of $8,000. The initial install spewed black water because their people had no idea what they were doing. I didn't feel safe drinking the water for some time. I was also told I would save money with free soap for life, which left clothes and everything else dirty, and I eventually gave up. I wasn't even sure it was septic safe. This became a Citibank account which admittedly SOLD my PRIVATE information to a number of scammers despite privacy requests.

I was told this was "interest free for a year", so I made large payments thinking interest would be minimal when it kicked in. Then I find out interest is DEFERRED and is NOT on the remaining balance, but back to the beginning! So my interest in one year was ONE THIRD the remaining balance! Home Depot has lost a customer for LIFE!

Resolution In Progress

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems

Thank you for making us aware of your concerns. We will be contacting your local dealer.

Original review: April 11, 2017

Our water smelled hard. We knew that we needed to do something and we just had been putting it off. We sent our water sample to RainSoft. The sales representative was good and nice. He said that there was another guy who lived closer to our house, but the guy couldn’t do it that day so he came out and made the special call. He said that he was the regional manager and he could get us better deals and guarantee us a price where someone else couldn’t and so we ended up dealing with him.

However, he was very in-your-face like overexcited, overanxious, aggressive, cocky, arrogant, and overbearing. It was like he promised the moon and delivered dinner. My parents needed a water softener system too and so I referred my parents to him. He then treated my parents the same way. But my parents were happy with the system and so are we. We've been able to contact him and we did the whole water softener and filtration system. We also did the CleanStart through RainSoft. The installers were great and they said the same thing with the salesman. Now, we have better drinking water, washing water, no smells and no staining.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Our concerns were the hardness of our water and the chemicals in it. My husband and I got the Test Your Water Kit from Home Depot. We were then contacted from there. Consultation with the sales rep was super easy and we ended up getting the water system from Rainsoft. A guy came to install it. However, it took quite longer than they originally quoted us, which was somewhat annoying but it was fine. Everything was good. We’ve only had it a few months and since having the system, we’ve had better water quality. The water tastes better. I also felt that it’s better on our skin and it’s washing better. On the whole, it was definitely worth it. Rainsoft is a good company and everything was really easy so far.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My daughter badly needed a water softener in her town house in the Orlando area so she got one from Rainsoft. I tried the water and said, "Let me have my water at home in Sebring tested. I'm about 90 miles away." Sure enough I needed some changes to make so I went ahead and got one. The first time the serviceman came he didn't realize it was going to take a little while to install it and he came late in the afternoon about 4:00, so he rescheduled, came back the next day and after that everything was okay. I wanted all the water in the house to be soft and to be able to drink on the tap faucet, and Rainsoft's water system gives me a lot of soft water.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

There was a free water analyzing at Home Depot and the person there had a bunch of sample collection bottles on a rack so I took one and then I sent my sample in. He was nice and explained everything and that's how I heard about RainSoft. We got the Wi-Fi system, the laundry ozone generator thing and then the air purifier from them. The installation guy was nice and was pretty fast. Now our water quality is a lot nicer and I definitely enjoy that. The air purifier also works well. Overall, it’s been great. It was all really easy to get it done and we're definitely happy with the results.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RainSoft, A Division of Aquion, Inc.?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The sales reps from RainSoft were all very nice and polite. They gave us a demo of the water that we had and why we needed the system. We got the whole house system and the installer was very good. He came out, installed the system and cleaned up after himself. Now, the water tastes better and is much softer. It felt better in the shower. I’m really pleased with it. We have already recommended RainSoft.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

After seeing how hard our water has been on our faucets, we purchased the water softener and the water system for the chlorine and the drinking water from RainSoft. Their sales representative was very specific. He said he'd like to explain the system so that we would get a better understanding of it all. Also, their installation team was very thorough. They were neat and fast. Since we had the system installed, we've noticed that our faucets don't have water spots and our water was tasting better. Overall, we're very satisfied with everything.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

RainSoft sales representatives were going through the store doing a survey at Home Depot. They kinda took some surveys from different people and they had called us and asked to set up a consult. Previous houses I’ve owned didn’t have water treatment so I’m looking into it. Everything went well. They were very knowledgeable. The guy came out and did all the demonstrations, tested the water, showed us the differences between our water and the treated water and then all the other products that they offered, the cleaning solutions, the cleaning products, the things that I need. He was a very professional young guy. After the water filtration system was installed, I noticed that the water’s a lot softer now and you don’t get all those scaly spots all over the shower doors and windows.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I’ve had RainSoft since the 90’s. I had it upgraded because it was getting old and it uses more salt than my new one. I have well water, so I got a water conditioner EC4. Most of their sales representatives are really nice. There was one that I didn’t particularly care for but all the rest of them has been professional. Then the guy that worked on the installation was great. He was here before and worked on my old one. He’s the one who talked me into upgrading. Since then, our bathtub stays a lot cleaner and we don’t use as much salt and water in it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I am very happy with the Rainsoft water softener. It is a great product and our water is a whole lot better. I was going through Home Depot and then the salesperson showed up and told me about RainSoft. He seemed knowledgeable. He showed us a bunch of tests that our water was at a bad shape and what they had to be able to help it out. The installation team also knew what they were doing. I asked them all about the placement. They did their best to put it right where I would have liked it. We had to put it in the secondary location and that worked out this time.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I picked up one of RainSoft's water tests at Home Depot because it was free and I wanted to know what was in our water. When they did the testing they showed us everything that was in our water. A RainSoft sales rep called to set up the consultation and they were able to come out in a couple of days and do the presentation. We noticed a big difference and I love the system. Our water is softer and it tastes a lot better. We went to RainSoft in Kennesaw and bought more salt and they're having someone come out on to make sure our levels are right.

However, during the installation, it was difficult to understand the installer because he was rushing when we were talking to him. We got lost when he was trying to explain. But for the most part he did a good job and he showed us the manual so that we could look at anything. Also, we were told we would get the American Shopper coupon book but it's been three months since we've had the system and we still and we still haven't gotten it. The girl we spoke to at RainSoft said she's looking into it and would give me a call and let me know.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We had RainSoft system already but we had one that was kind of overkill so we got a different system. The house that we bought in Florida already had a RainSoft system with it and we just went with them. Down in Florida you’ve got to have something. The waters kinda messed up so we had to have a water softener so we just stayed with RainSoft. We called them and said we needed to have somebody to look at this system that we had because it was overkill for what we were having. The system that was there was for a house that had a well and we were on city water so we decided to go with something a little bit smaller. Service has been wonderful. They were courteous people. They came out when they said they were going to and went through what options we had and we had the final decision.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had very hard water and I didn't like that. Everything was handled very nicely by Rainsoft and I'm much happier now.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The representative from RainSoft did the demonstration and was really personable and thorough. He knew the product backwards and forwards, answered all my questions and whatever concerns we had at the time. I got a water softener and installation went way smoother than I had imagined. Where we had placed the units worked out perfectly for the plumber. It took an hour and a half and he was completely done, including the reverse osmosis unit under our kitchen sink as well. The salesperson along with the installation gentlemen was perfect and everything’s working flawlessly at the moment. My only major concern was the financial part portion of it because they’re expensive. Besides that, I’m very happy with it.

We had hard water so we began researching water treatment systems. We set up a consultation with Rainsoft and it was good. The sales representative came in and did a good job showing us everything and was real thorough. It took her a couple of hours. She did all the testing and explained things and then she showed us like a little PowerPoint slide with more information. And then she showed us the prices. We then purchased a water filtering system from them. Since it was installed, my skin isn’t as dry. It seems like our laundry is doing better, like its brighter. I’m really pleased with the system. However it was really expensive but we knew we needed one. RainSoft works well.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

It's been 30 years since I've first heard about Rainsoft. We have the reverse osmosis water system from them. Their staff replaced the products and have done a good job. We've been happy with it all the time.

Rainsoft was offering a free water test at Home Depot. My husband is very health-conscious so he signed up for it. My husband handled the consultation with Rainsoft and it went very well. They were here the next day and their representative was very professional and pleasant. Also, he seemed fairly confident and knowledgeable. He was able to explain the different systems to me.

We got the whole cleansing system for our house. Since installing the system, the water has been softer and it tastes good. The only downside is that things will mold a lot quicker because there's no chlorine. However, there was one part where we understood the salesperson say that we would have a lifetime supply of the cleaning products they offered and it was not true. We found out that it's only good for six years according to how much you use. Nevertheless, Rainsoft said they would take care of that and give us something else.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We had hard water and when Rainsoft came to install the water softener, they set it up how and where I wanted it to be set up. They did a professional job and nothing's messed up after the fact. Now we have no dry skin after showering. However, my wife had a real problem with the website and getting anything ordered. Getting a hold of them takes a long time and the website wasn't very user friendly at all to get things ordered. She had to Google a number and get a hold of somebody to do stuff for me. And when we finally got some soap from them, there were a couple of bottles that were broken or leaking. She contacted them and they said they'll send her somewhat free so they justified what happened. We haven't had issues after that.

So far, my experience with RainSoft has been good. I just moved to Missouri from Michigan, and in Michigan, I lived in a rural area and I have designed a well and a septic and I had Kinetico, which is another water treatment company that did my whole house and gave me an RO and all that other stuff. When I moved down here to St. Louis, Kinetico is somewhere around here, but I’m on the outskirts again and I stumbled across RainSoft. They were one of the ones that answered my call. We made an appointment, and they came over and did a demonstration. I invited the next door neighbors to come over as well because they have the same water as I do. The sales representative was very knowledgeable. It seemed like he’s been doing it a long time. He had answers for every single question that I had and I asked a lot of questions.

When the rep did the demonstration, the water tasted good and the price was about the same as Kinetico and he hit all the right buzzwords. So, I wanted treated water. I got the RainSoft system that was a few thousand dollars. It was expensive. Also, I’ve got the RO and I’ve got the whole house filtered. The guys that came to install the system were hard workers. I wanted the RO water to go through the fridge as well, but when they installed it, they forgot to bring it to my fridge. They hadn’t run the tube because they had to go through my cabinets and I had a dishwasher that wasn’t installed yet. So, they had to leave. Then the next guy came out and hooked it up to the dishwasher and to the refrigerator. Overall, they were all super helpful, timely, really knowledgeable, and nice guys.

Since the system was installed, I use the good water for everything. Before, I would not put the tap water in my Bunn coffee maker because I knew it was yucky and it tasted funny. Also, the coffee maker that we’re using was all corroded. My fiancé was going to throw it away and I said I will just clean it with vinegar. I cleaned it and sent it to his office where they have treated water as well. And, there’s an excellent noticeable difference. We also have a pool and the guys that came over said, “Okay when you fill the pool, you got to turn it this way so you’re not putting treated water in a pool that you’re going to treat."

Moreover, with Kinetico, I had to have their filters changed once every five months, and at least once a year, they had to come and service the RO. I was impressed that with RainSoft, they would only come out and service the RO if something goes wrong. They said that the RO filters have to be changed but it would be like eight months as opposed to six. So far, I haven’t had to have anything serviced yet.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My dogs wouldn't drink the water in my house so I researched and had my water tested by RainSoft. The sales reps was very informative. I had to have one created for my home. That was the Clean the Water and then I have a container of salt next to it to clean the filters. Then I also had to have drinking water put in to my kitchen sink. The sales rep said that it's the best way to go and that when I'm limited on space scenarios, I take the best options possible. And when they installed it, they did a fantastic job. Everything is working wonderfully. They were both very polite, and took time to answer any of my questions so I was very happy. Since we had the system, the water doesn’t have an odor to it and doesn’t leave that brown residue on stuff. Everybody's drinking the water including the dogs, so we’re real pleased. I’d recommend them.

We've had a RainSoft system for years and the only reason we had an update was that the other system was 17 years old. This time, I replaced our reverse osmosis water system. The replacement of our system was handled correctly and I was very satisfied.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My husband worked a mile from the RainSoft company and that’s how, years ago, he got to know them. He also asked friends and then he purchased the water softener. He made a phone call and had gone down there and they set up a time. The sales reps who came to our home for the consultation were very friendly, talkative, and have done their work. They had to order some stuff and then they set up the time and it was all fine. The installation team was here on time and got the work done. Since having the system installed, I could tell the difference on my dishes. They didn’t have a shine and had a scum on it before, but they all went away. And we could feel it, too, when we take a shower. We were very satisfied.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Their salesman came out and we had a conversation. I had a good experience with him. He did his tests to demonstrate the quality of our water and how we needed to have the RainSoft system installed. The chemicals didn’t bother me as much as the calcium deposits. We have a brand new house and I’ve been around the areas where there has been harsh water. I saw the calcium deposits and realized that it wouldn’t take long before our plumbing would be filled with this stuff. And so it wasn’t much of a decision for me to go ahead and have them do it. So they came out and they installed it. Everything worked fine except for one thing and that was I can’t connect it to my app. I have tried several times to do that.

My wife had asked once we got the system installed if we could have the same test done that the salesman did to see how the changes were. So, I called him back and said, “Would you mind coming back and doing the same test?” He said, “When would you like me to come back? How about today?” I said, “Sure. Come on by.” And he said, “I guess I need to bring my kid with me.” And I said, “Sure. Bring him, too.” And then he hung up. I was waiting for 5:30 when he said he would be there but he never showed up and so it was then I realized that he was being facetious. I didn’t appreciate that because he could have come anytime. The problem was that I was exhausted. That day, I came home and I wanted to go to bed and get some sleep and because I knew he was coming, I stayed up. I could have taken a nap but the fact that I was waiting for him until 7:30, I couldn’t go to sleep until probably about 9:00.

Over a period of time, a lot of times you see little particles coming out the shower head where they’re made of rubber. They’ll clog up the showerhead. The ones we have have a rubber spout and so they build up in that little individual rubber spout and you could see the deposits now and we’ve only been in the house for about six months. But now, we don’t see it anymore. Their system works really good and I like the interface they have in their system. It exactly says when things happen and how much water you use and you can tell that the water has been soft. But, it would be nice if I could have that test done to verify how well it’s working. That’s all we’re trying to accomplish.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had to call Rainsoft to see what's going on because I didn't have water for a good while and the installer was having trouble getting it installed but I can't hardly blame that on him. He was trying. It took all day instead of a few hours but they got us fixed up. My wife said she likes the water better and it feels a little better in the shower. You don't use as much soap and it must be working out. It was a lot of money but she likes it and that's why I've recommended them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The system that we had in the house was old and it wasn’t keeping the water clean. The water on the hot water side had a pungent sulfur smell to it. Our friends had RainSoft in their house and they had good words to say about it. When we went to the home show, we scheduled an appointment with Paul from RainSoft. He explained to us everything and then he came out, tested the water and recommended a few things to do. We ended up buying the whole home water filtration system and a reverse osmosis water filtration as well at the sink for drinking water. The installers did a pretty good job. I wasn’t there at the time. My mother was. But there must have been some miscommunication between the installers and her because they were supposed to put a new salt tank outside with the new equipment. They just piped in the old salt tank that was in the closet. So they had to come back out and redo that, but that didn’t take them very long.

Since then, the water is a lot cleaner, doesn’t smell bad, no discolorations or anything. Everything’s worked so far, except when we had to call them back once because they had put regular salt in our brine tank and it needed the higher concentration of salt to increase the flush because the smell could come back. Since then, it hasn’t come back so everything is good.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

RainSoft wanted to talk to me about my water. As long as the representative came out and done the demonstration, I came to the conclusion that I can make good water out of bad water, especially that I live in Norman, Oklahoma and we got the worst water in the world. Our water is horrible. The appliances and faucets in my house that have anything to do with water go bad way quicker than I would expect. I bought from RainSoft something that went under the kitchen sink then I got another apparatus out in the backyard. Now, my water’s drinkable. I watched the guy do a test on it and he really just came out and enlightened me.

However, they didn't put my yard back together like it probably should have been. They ought to put some sod back instead of making my grass grow back. I had to hear my wife yell at me for a while. I'm concerned about the freezing with it as well. I need some sort of a heater because I know that ain't gonna survive the Oklahoma weather. They stuck the apparatus in a little shed thing so it looks nice and I was completely pleased with it but I’ve got to figure out how to get power and electricity out there.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

When the guy from Rainsoft came out and did the presentation and we saw how our water was, it made us decide to get their water system. We got the cleaner, the cold water and the CleanStart. And it went well with the installation team. Rainsoft's a good company and we're really enjoying their product. We can tell the difference in the bath.

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems

Thank you for making us aware of your concerns with your RainSoft system. We will be contacting your local dealer.

Original review: March 22, 2017

I am almost a one-year owner of RainSoft and while I enjoy the benefits of the whole system, the CleanStart laundry component keeps breaking down - I am on my third call-in to have a technician come out to fix and/or replace (which they have done before). Today I found out that after the one-year warranty, despite RainSoft having lifetime warranty, I would have to pay $99 per house call to have a technician come to fix the CleanStart. Given the fact that the system has been problematic and troublesome on its own with no impact from me, I find it unfair that my warranty is just expiring. The company should extend warranty for such problematic components. If my CleanStart breaks down again (which the nice phone service guy told me it would!) why should I pay $99 per service call? Right now am feeling angry and wish I could return the CleanStart component - since my RainSoft should be improving this water in any case.

We're from Ohio and we have all kinds of water treatment systems there for well water. However it was bad when we first got here in Florida when we bought this place in 1984. We had water softener put shortly after that because the water was not good at that time but it's been messing up for the last couple of years, so we decided we'd put a new one in which is RainSoft. We have the softener, chlorine filter and the osmosis. It's my second softener from them and we've had them for 15 years now and it's working fine. We had a problem with the meter on it and they came the next day to fix it. Overall, it's been a very good experience and their reps have been very good to us. We've used them all the time for osmosis system and they very well responded. They come whenever we call them and that's why we stayed with them.

We had a system that wasn't working very well anymore in our Florida home and we have a RainSoft system up north so, we decided to sign up with them. They had someone come out to take a look at everything and they did exactly as promised. The installer and I got along well and he explained a lot of things to me. They replaced the whole softener system and now, the water's too damn soft that I can't get the soap off my hands. My only gripe is that they were supposed to give us a $25 gift certificate to a restaurant and when I went online and tried to do it, I can't get it done. There's also a sprung leak that they didn't touch that maybe they can come and fix. But I had an excellent experience with them.

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems Company Profile

RainSoft, A Division of Aquion, Inc.
1953