4.61/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Since 1953, RainSoft has been a worldwide leader in providing families with premium water treatment and air purification systems. Visit bit.ly/RS-dealer to become a dealer! For more than 60 years, RainSoft is dedicated to designing, manufacturing and offering the industry's most diverse product line of water and air solutions for families like yours.

Our corporate Customer Focus Team ensures that each and every RainSoft customer is satisfied and exceeds every expectation. If you have a question, comment or concern, we encourage you to contact us directly at 1-800-RAINSOFT and ask to speak with our customer service group.

A leader in the water treatment industry since 1953, RainSoft takes the worry out of water.

RainSoft, A Division of Aquion, Inc. Gallery (1)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

1995 RainSoft Water Treatment Systems Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

We got a coupon from Home Depot when we moved in the new house. I’ve got a few filters already and the whole house thing sounded like a good idea. I called RainSoft and set up a consultation. The rep came in, explained things and did demonstrations, and our interactions went smoothly. We got a softener and filter system and the installation went well. It was pretty much done and they warned us that they had turned off power. They also asked us where we wanted the system and how we wanted it to run. Since having the system installed, the water quality as far as washing and that for our shower has been very nice. It feels better on our skin. Every once in a while, I tap the lid and see where the salt stuff is and if I have to buy more. I did an email survey on RainSoft about adding a silver panel in the system that would probably be a good idea. That’s something I’ve known for years and the airline is using it in filtering the air.

However, the financing for the RainSoft system confused us. The salesman said that when we sign up for this, we would get two months with no payments. I thought that was good as we wanted paper statements, not automatic payments. Then somehow, that switched and the rep said they were gonna be pulling this money out of our account. That needs a little help to make that a bit clearer. RainSoft had little glitches here and there but overall, I'm happy with the experience.

Get expert buying tips about Water Treatment Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

This system is amazing. I really can't say enough good things about this system and the company. I opted to go for the water filtration system for the whole house, the drinking water system and the laundry system. Our house has extremely hard water. The measured amount was 27 grains, typical hard water is around 10. Our water was hard enough to completely seized my kitchen faucet which is supposed to swivel 180 degrees but is locked in place by sediment. I've since installed a new faucet and it's been like new ever since.

Greg from RainSoft came out on a Wednesday and I had my new system in place on Thursday. I couldn't be happier with the system. The laundry system is just mind blowing. The first thing I washed was a floor mat that was at the back door and had some seriously heavy dirt stains and I washed it with just water from the system using cold water and it looked and smell brand new. I buy a $20 jug of detergent every 6 weeks or so from Costco and now I'll never buy another one. I've never been so anxious to do laundry, but I'm still amazed how it cleans without detergent.

Greg (Chicago suburbs) our salesman was great too. He explained everything thoroughly and really showed us how bad our water was. We knew our old water was hard but by the end of his demo my wife and I were discussed. I love this system and highly recommend it to anyone with hard water or anyone that doesn't like using harsh chemicals to clean your clothes. They will also remove the system if you ever move and reinstall it in your new home for free.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

Had this system installed 29 May 2018. AT first was pleased, then the issues started. Had Well guys out on unrelated issue, they noticed that the entire Rainsoft system was installed backward, we did notice that our salt container was dwindling down rapidly. Well that was not good, paid well guys to hook it up correctly. Salt usage went down. Thought that we were good now, Surprise!!! Not so.

So I contacted Rainsoft to get a second water test done, our salesman came out and tested and we were told that the PH was all bad, very different than when he first tested. So he showed us a glass container with our cloudy water, yuck, he told us that the PH is destroying the resin filter inside the tank. I asked if this was harmful to us or the pets he replied no. Then he told us that he will exchange the tank for one that will take care of the issue for free. That someone would call us this afternoon or tomorrow to schedule. No call was received.

Then I emailed the office and next thing I know I get a call from a person wanting to come out to discuss options, WHAT? He said he's in our neighborhood today and I say come tomorrow at 11, he said no "I'm in the neighborhood now," really, very pushy and not willing to reschedule. I do not work their schedule. I briefly met with him, and he tells me that my option is to pay another $500 to get the system right. "I am not paying you, your rep told me he would swap out for free and that is acceptable." He says rep was wrong.

I told him he can come and get this entire system out of here and refund my money. Well "there are no refunds," he tells me. I ask for his boss' name and number and no reply. This is a unacceptable situation. Rainsoft is way overpriced and customer service is horrid. I will contact the rest of the homeowners in our neighborhood and let them know what has transpired. Timeline and other correspondence available to Rainsoft HQ upon request. Not happy, would never buy again.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

We used to have problem with the water in our house. In fact, we've already lost two dishwashers because of the sedimentation that would clog the pipe. So, we got a RainSoft Water Treatment System. The RainSoft sales rep who came to our house was really good with the way he presented everything and the way he behaved. He explained everything to the best that we could understand it, with no big words and in just plain English. He didn't leave the house until he knew that we understood everything that was gonna happen.

The installation of the system was perfect except for the piece of pipe in the backyard. They're supposed to dig and put it inside the dirt, and they did it but not too deep so it's coming out and it's stopping the flow of the water to go out of my yard. Furthermore, when we open the hose in the backyard, the water that comes out is white and it smells. So we have to keep the hose open until it's clear. We don't have that inside the house, only on that hose.

It's been over a month now since we've had the system. When we clean the head of the faucet, they come cleaner so we don't have to clean them that often. Also, we finally started using the dishwasher that we bought which we weren't able to use before and it works perfectly. And, we didn't have to get a plumber to flush our line. The rep told us before exactly what was gonna happen, and it did. He was very truthful. So, we're very, very pleased. Everything in the system is very good. We were told though that we were gonna get some products but we haven't gotten any. Nonetheless, I'd tell others to to go for RainSoft. It's expensive, but it's worth it.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

I grew up with RainSoft in my dad’s house. And after living your entire life with soft water then moving some place that has very hard water, it was kind of a no-brainer for me to also get a RainSoft water softener. I went to Home Depot and signed up for a consultation. They said someone would call me and someone did. Then the sales rep came out and things were pretty straightforward. He knew what he was talking about and he was real nice and very personable. He had to go through the whole spiel, which took an hour and a half and I didn’t really need him to take that long, but I understand that on his end he was required to do it. However, I knew when I had signed up for the thing at Home Depot that I was gonna be purchasing it anyway.

When they did the install, the guy who came out was super nice. He knew what he was talking about and after he was done, it was like he was never there. Everything was great from the salesperson to getting everything done and they did everything super quickly. We signed all the paperwork when the salesman was there and the installer was out the next day. Since having the system installed, my wife said that her skin seems to be a lot more clear now than before and that works for me. Happy wife, happy life. And if anyone asked me about RainSoft, I'd tell them to spend the money and do it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RainSoft, A Division of Aquion, Inc.?

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

I purchased a new home and the water that I was using was causing my skin to dry out really bad. I looked into purchasing a treatment system and got a RainSoft conditioning system for my whole home. The sales rep was great, patient, friendly, informative and knowledgeable. He answered all my questions and was flexible in finding a time that worked well in getting the system installed. The installation was seamless and installers were on time, very clean and quick.

Since having RainSoft, my skin and my kid’s skin are so much better. I hardly even have to put on lotion when I get off the shower. Also, I can taste that the drinking water is completely different. There was some chemical that was in the water that I can smell when I turn the faucet on and I don’t smell it anymore, so my overall experience is a lot better. I even had a follow up where a guy came over, tested my water and showed me the difference, and having the system installed. He also answered additional questions that I had.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

I live in a city that has had Boron water analysis before for different concerns and issues with the water and so I started to look into water treatment systems. In doing so, I had an exceptional experience with the reps at Rainsoft. The rep whom I dealt with seemed very professional when he came out, showed us the presentation and showed us the differences in water and then what we can have in it. He was very attentive to the presentation. After the consultation, we bought three different systems from RainSoft. Since the system was installed, I don't have that hard water feel when I get out of the shower. We also got an under-sink reverse osmosis system so I've been able to just drink directly out of the faucet using that. It also seems like we use less soap now. Overall, the RainSoft systems that we got have been good.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

I didn't like the water we had. So, we had a representative from RainSoft come out and give us a talk. He tested the water and showed us how bad it was. That made my decision to go and get a complete household system from them. The rep was extremely cordial and knowledgeable. He explained everything thoroughly. The team who installed the system did a great job. I couldn't have been happier with it. Since the system was installed, there was a difference in the drinking water and taking shower's a totally different feel. In fact, the shower walls aren't collecting soap scum like they were. I'm satisfied with our Rainsoft system. It's a great deal.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

We had hard water. We learned about RainSoft in Home Depot and we set up a consultation with their sales rep. There was a problem the first time because RainSoft didn’t follow-up, but the second time, we saw the same individual in Home Depot and they set up the consultation. At that point, it was just a matter of a day or two before the person came out. He was very fine and very professional. We bought the softener and the whole house filter. The installation was very good and the installer explained things very well once he was done. He was really helpful, too. Since we got our RainSoft products, the water is much softer. But they are pricier products, so you really have to be willing to pay more for them.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

We put a RainSoft system in into our previous house about eight years ago. When we moved into a new home, we already had it pre-plumbed to accept a water filtration system and the first people we called was Quality Services. Travis, our sales guy, did an extremely good job. We told him we didn't want a sales pitch as we've already had the service. It took him about 20 minutes to walk us to what type of system he would recommend. The installation guy, Mike, installed it on a Sunday. He's a little OCD, so he did a perfect job.

We got the water conditioning tank with the salt pellets then we got a carbon filtration system as well to eliminate the calcium. It made a big difference as we went about a month without having a system in this new house and we were used to having one in our old house, and we could tell right away in our clothes when we showered. We constantly talk them up and already made recommendations, suggestions, and try to get referrals.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

Frank, the RainSoft rep who did the water testing in my home was informative and pleasant. He explained what he was doing and why he was doing it. He also addressed how our tap water has a lot of impurities as well as carcinogens. I've had experience with family members with cancer and that was a big one for me. I bought the whole RainSoft system for my house. The installer helped me put in a new faucet since he was taking everything out. He was very neat and organized when he was working in my garage. He had to dig up an area to install the piping underground, and he replaced all the dirt and cleaned it all up. Unfortunately, he couldn't finish it in one day. He had to come back a couple of days later but it was good. I really enjoy the system, and I love the water. I've always kept on hand bottled waters when I go out, but my goal is to eliminate the bottled waters and use my own filtered water. I would recommend RainSoft. It's definitely worth it.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

The water treatment systems caught our curiosity and setting up the consultation with RainSoft was straightforward. Someone called and asked if we had some free time. They gave us a couple of options and my wife and I worked our schedules to pick a date. The representative who came was fantastic and we became best friends. He is a really nice guy and really knowledgeable as well. We purchased a whole home water filter, the second model from the top-of-the-line model, with a big tank that lives in my garage. The installation team was great and very professional. I was home for the whole thing and the guy walked me through what he was doing. He also answered a lot of my nerdy questions about what was going on. So, he did a great job. The area was left as clean as it can be and everything was fine when they finished.

Since we had the system installed, our water now is a lot softer and tastes better. We definitely prefer it. There's no more hard water build-up on glass surfaces which is cool as there's less cleaning. If you're considering Rainsoft, have the guy test your water. I was skeptical of things and I wasn’t sold in until the sales guy came, gave us the pitch, and did the pH testing, but the results are fantastic.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

Houses don't come with drinkable water and our water was not drinkable just based on the way it looks and smells. The sales rep talked to my boyfriend about the RainSoft system and he checked with me. He said that it would be good for me. We bought the whole thing and the installation experience was good. Since we got the system, the showers are different. My skin feels softer and now I don't have to spend on buying water bottles anymore. However, the water still smells funky like egg yolk at certain times. Other than that, we add salt to the machine and then the RainSoft people come in and check our system once or twice a year.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

I received a postcard in the mail for a $20 gift certificate to Walmart which was my go-to store. I called the number and I left a voicemail. Somebody called me back to say that they would have somebody come out to do the water test and that they would bring the $20 gift card. Two different people called me so I called in and confirmed the day and time that somebody would be showing up for the appointment. When the man came out and started doing everything, that’s when I realized it was actually RainSoft, so I was happy about that. However, the man who came out to do the water test was an hour late and he just showed up. I told him that I didn’t think he was coming because the appointment was at 9:30 and it was 10:30 on a Saturday. He said that he was told that he needed to get over here. So, he came in.

When he was doing the tests, I asked him how long it was going to take because I had a girlfriend that was gonna be on her way over. I was trying to tell her about it because she would like it and she did. However, the cost was a concern to her. I told her it was 18 months with no interest. She said that it still breaks down to a lot of money. The guy immediately snapped back at her and and told her that we would have a problem if she kills his show. Even though he was late, we were doing okay but I saw a little bit of a different side of him when he snapped back at her, and that was a little unsettling to me because I told him I’m familiar with the product. Even though I’m a single mom and it’ll be tight on budgeting, I know it was worth it. So, I was frustrated with what he said to my girlfriend.

I got it set up for a Friday morning. And when I was getting it set up, I talked to one of the ladies that I would like an early morning appointment because once a week, I have been coming in late because I’ve been to get things fixed and getting some kind of resolution that might manage what I have going on at home. So, my boss has been frustrated with me about that. That way, I don’t have to take off as much time and that would be great. So the lady went ahead and got it set up for me. She said that they would give me a call when they’re on their way. I told her that my babysitter would be going to other places, watching other people’s kids and she would have to take my daughter with her. I would rather go ahead and be able to go and take my baby to the babysitters before they even get there to install things. That way, once they install everything, I can head straight to work after they’re done.

She confirmed with me the day before and told me it would be anywhere between 7:30 and 8:00 when they get there. However, they did not call before they came, and they rang the doorbell and woke my baby up. They went ahead and they came inside and the salesman ended up telling my girlfriend why she was there. He told her that if she goes ahead and sign up for RainSoft, he would throw in a free osmosis for both of us. That was not something that me and him had even talked about because he didn’t wanna overwhelm me. Being a single mom and not having any kind of extra income except for my own, money is very important to me. So, my girlfriend decided to sign up for it. The guy who came in looked at my sink and told me he cannot put my osmosis in because he didn’t have the drill bit for my sink. He told me that they would call and set that up for me some other time, but he would do the other thing.

He and his friend went downstairs and did the setup. So, I asked him when they came out to install this system how long that actually takes because I needed to go ahead and let my boss know the time that I’ll be coming in. He told me that they would take an hour and a half. After two and a half hours, I went down and asked them how much longer they would be because I needed to get my baby over to the babysitter. He said it would only be 10 more minutes and I told them I couldn’t wait 10 more minutes. I have to leave now because I would take her over there, but she doesn't live too far away, so I can be back within 10 to 15 minutes. He said he needed me to sign a paper and I need to get my water pressure tested because it was high. He showed me where to turn off the water on the system.

I had to go take my baby to the babysitters and I asked them to close the garage when they get done, and they did. About a week and a half went by, and nobody had called me back to put in the osmosis thing. So, I called back and asked when that somebody would be available to come out. I told them that I didn’t want that man coming back out because he was rude to me when it wasn’t my fault. So, the other guy came out to do the osmosis. He was very nice and polite. I liked him a lot. When he got there, he asked me if I was gonna upgrade my sink eventually or upgrade my faucet, and I told them eventually I would like to. He asked me if he could just put it in right there and I wouldn’t have a sprayer thing anymore. I told him that it was not a problem so he went ahead and put it in.

After a couple of weeks, it got loose and I had to call back and get somebody come out there. They ended up sending that other guy out but he couldn’t figure it out, and he said he was gonna call the other guy to come out here. I asked him not to have the guy that first came out because I didn’t like his demeanor. He ignored that and the other guy ended up coming back. He came in and got it fixed within a matter of a few minutes and he was quick. He brought up that I called in and complained to corporate, and he wanted to ask what that was about. I told him that it was the whole process from start to finish. Every component has been horrific from a customer service standpoint. It could have been avoided if the right hand knew what the left hand was doing over there.

Even my girlfriend that signed up, her whole thing has been not good, either. I do know some people that would benefit from their system, but she and I were of the same opinion. We don’t want anybody to go through what we had to go through. Even though the system is great and we love RainSoft, that company that’s out here wheeling and dealing for them either need new management, or they have too much stuff going on. It’s been a frustrating experience. They got it fixed but we ended up having to call back because we didn’t get the liquid soap email. They finally sent that to us last week or the ending of the week but we had to keep calling in to follow up and to touch base. It hasn’t been a pleasant experience but we love the product. Once I knew it was RainSoft, it was guaranteed for me because he also brought up the whole salt package and that should last me for a long time. That wound up paying for itself.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

We upgraded our first RainSoft unit last month and the installation was beautiful. The installer was a nice and good guy. I got my first RainSoft system in 1999 after somebody knocked on my door and told us about it then we decided to try. There was a time it broke down and it clouded the entire system. So I bypassed the system, trying to see if it can live without it, and it was okay on the first day. But I realized on the second day that it was not gonna happen and I couldn't go a day without it. Now, trying to shower without the RainSoft system is impossible for me. The scent of the water is different when one takes a shower without it, so we need it. The water is softer now as well. Overall, I'm enjoying every bit of our RainSoft system.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

We moved from one part of the town to another and while the water report came back okay, there are some minerals and the water has to be treated fairly heavily to make it taste good. I sent the survey and the sample and when I got the results, RainSoft offered to follow up for us to see what they got. The sales rep was very nice and we had a good experience with him. He was very professional and knowledgeable. However, they were insistent on both the husband and wife being there, which it is a little bit more difficult to happen nowadays than it was 30 years ago. I had to reschedule the consultation a little bit because of my wife's surgery, and they were very accommodating and flexible on the schedule. We got through that and we made ourselves available.

We got a $6000-worth model for the home treatment plan and it was not the most expensive model. When the system was installed, a young man came in and he did a good job. We got the filters under the sink, then we got one outside in the garage. A little water fountain thing that he put on the sink’s a little bit crooked, but if push comes to shove, they’d probably come back out and set it up. My wife noticed it and I had to look really hard. It was a degree off straight up, but it has no bearing on the system. I just got the box of soap and all the stuff about a week ago, so we got all that set up now. As we were told, it’d take a week or so for all the water to clear out of the system for it to take effect. It happened now so we’re starting to see and notice the whole differences particularly in the shower, and the dishwasher too.

Overall, the experience was really good. I had a decent understanding of processes including the way filtration systems and other types of large systems work, and I didn't think I'd be really interested. But when I had non-standard questions that a normal household might not ask, their rep was able to respond accordingly. The guy believed in his product, and it just wasn’t a sale pitch. When I saw the science of some of the water testings, it helped me form a more positive opinion. We have recommended RainSoft and told our friends what we did and gave out some information. We also had a couple of business cards that we passed out to them to give the fellows a call.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

If you live in an area where there is hard water, I would recommend RainSoft. Interacting with their sales rep was great. She was straightforward, answered any of my questions and did a demonstration on how the whole system works. The installation process went smoothly, and there were no leaky pipes. The whole system that was put in takes the hard water from the house. Before, when I used my dishwasher, I had to use a finishing product so there wouldn't be hard water marks after I have done washing and drying. But now, when the dishwashing is done, I wouldn't even miss any hard water marks anymore. Also, when we use the filter from our fridge, it wouldn't leave any white residues as well. IT also doesn't dry our skin that much anymore.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

Ten years ago, I was walking through Home Depot with my father and the reps from RainSoft asked about our water quality. They tempted him with the Home Depot gift card to come out and do a water sampling test. I made sure to show up to that test, and I was shocked and astounded by what was shown to me. I’ve been pining for a water soft system ever since. I moved out of the house I purchased in 2008 that didn’t have a room for a water soft setup and moved into a house that did have room. I ran into someone at a home show in Columbus and I recognized the logo. I set up the consultation to come to the house, ran through the testing and the numbers and I did it.

I got the softener with the extra charcoal canister because our chlorine levels were high and I also got the reverse-osmosis setup. The installer was friendly, nice and kind to my children. He was informative and told me everything I needed to know. Since the installation, I noticed that everything that they said would happen, happened. It took a week or so but my skin has never felt as nice as it does now. I’ve always had issues with dry skin, and it’s not an issue in the slightest at all. It was a side effect I wasn’t expecting. It was a great experience with RainSoft all the way around. It was hassle-free, the system is easy, and pretty much set it and forget it. I’ve recommended it to 5 different families. It was a great and enjoyable experience.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2018

We set up a consultation with the RainSoft sales representative and the experience was fine. They told us it was gonna be about 40 minutes presentation but they knew it was gonna be longer than that. I also researched online and found out lots of people had it for two and a half hours. Other than that, the guy was very nice and pleasant. The price is in a place where it doesn’t look like they’re being shady but I wish they don’t do the whole spiel and then handwrite me a list of prices expecting me to think those are legitimate. I have not paid it yet, but I’m still not convinced that we didn’t get overcharged with the price. Nevertheless, we’re happy with the system.

We got the EC5 system which is the most expensive one and it includes the conditioner, the softener, and the reverse osmosis. They took about 2 hours for the installation and they did a good job. The water in our area is hard and now, we can tell the difference in the water by the taste and the how the water feels whenever we are in the shower.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

I didn't have any concern about my water before, but when I went to my friend's house and to my brother-in-law and my sister's house, I felt the difference. They have RainSoft and I thought I should go for it too. My interaction with the RainSoft sales rep was good since I had talked to him before my friend got their system. At that time, I wasn't sure I was gonna keep the house so I asked him to wait. When my brother-in-law got the RainSoft system, the sales rep contacted me again and at that time, I was ready to go for it. The sales rep is a very good guy and he's good at his work. As for the installation, everything was perfect too. It took only about an hour, or even less, and since then, I've seen a lot of differences in our water. I see it in our skin when taking a shower and even in terms of the digestive system, I feel better with this water. I used to drink out a lot and I always had acidity, but not anymore. I've had a good experience with RainSoft.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

I got a bunch of cars and the water that I use to wash them was really terrible so it prompted me to start looking and see what's going on with my water. Rainsoft called and said they can set up a meeting. The seller arrived on time and had all his stuff ready. He gave a good demonstration and everything was professional. I went with the whole house filtration system which included the Ultrefiner Premium drinking water system, the QRS Series water treatment system and the EC4 water treatment system.

The salesman told me that the guys who were gonna be doing the install only had one job to do that day. He asked if we opted the installation in the morning or afternoon. We said they can do it in the afternoon and we chose the time. But the installer was late and after about 10 minutes of being late, he called me and let me know. I realized that the salesman said the installer had another job but it wasn't just one job and it made me think that the salesman was lying. Also, the installer didn't look very professional and he leaked oil all over my driveway. He also didn't install exactly what I wanted and what the salesman told me.

As far as the installation goes, I'm not happy but I'm very happy with the system. It's amazing and I like and really believe in it. The bath and all the water has been better and it's not as hard. The soaps worked better even though they've included all their soaps with it. My hot tub is like night and day and I went from having to work on it all the time to barely even having to touch it because my water is so good. We don't have as many of the metals and impurities in our water. The whole system works great and everything has been better so I would definitely recommend it to anyone.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

My aunt got RainSoft and she put us down to a free gift thing. We went through the whole trial and wound up signing up. The water quality in our home wasn’t where I would have liked it to be so it was the deal breaker for us. We wanted better water. The guy who came in and did the initial presentation was great. We've had a great experience with everybody, from the guy who installed the system to the inspector that came out. With RainSoft, the water is cleaner and I’ve noticed a difference in my skin. It has gotten a lot better, softer and clearer. Also, a friend of mine came over and said she could taste the difference. I wish our RainSoft system was a little bit cheaper but it is doing what it’s supposed to be doing.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

RainSoft was referred to us by a family member, and their consultant was very knowledgeable, answered all of our questions and did a real thorough demonstration. We got the main sulfur system, the under-counter filter and the air purifier. The installers explained everything and cleaned up all their mess. The only way you could tell somebody was there was where they had to dig in the yard, but they filled that back in. There was a little hard taste in our water, and now there's no hard taste or odor in our water, so it’s been good. We can tell the difference when we take a shower. The work was done in a timely manner and it was a pleasant experience.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

We just moved into a house that we bought and my husband wanted to get the water checked out. The RainSoft sales rep was really thorough. He told us all the background information on what could possibly be in untreated water. It turned out that our water was almost the worst type of water. But he told us what we needed to do in order to get it fixed and what type of benefits it would have as well.

We did the whole house treatment and RainSoft installed this little faucet thing in our kitchen sink. The installers told us how to work everything, and if anything was wrong, we could call and they would come out and fix it. They didn't make a mess and they were really nice about everything. The water in our apartment is way different now. My scalp is not as dry, and I don’t have to put as much lotion on. Everything’s been really great. I would recommend anyone to get RainSoft. It definitely made a difference in our house. Also, the fact that it travels with you throughout your lifetime, whichever house you’re moving into next, is really nice.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

Most diseases are caused by water so when somebody referred me to RainSoft, I thought it was an opportunity that I should grab to make sure I drink clean and good water. The sales representative who came out was polite. But I've had the system installed for about three and a half months now and she has not called to follow up to see how everything is going on. I was told that I would be getting a monthly supply of the laundry soap but I never got it. Aside from that, I also have a problem with the positioning of the equipment. The technician installed the system on top of the water for my basement. So in case my basement is flooded, we should take that off before they ever do anything. So I have to get back to him about that. Otherwise, the technician was good and the installation went smoothly. The water now is also better than the one I used to drink and I've been doing a lot of campaigning for people to get the system as well.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

We recently moved back into this area and we didn’t like the look of the water and what we were seeing on our pots and pans. My husband filled out a questionnaire and then RainSoft called and offered if they could come by, which they did. The rep came and showed us the product. He was pleasant and personable. We got a full filtration system and with it, the water has no taste and there are no deposits inside the washing machine. We've also stopped using a hair conditioner.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

When I lived in Illinois, I knew of RainSoft and I had a water softener there for 30 years. When we moved to Georgia, I didn't like the water. I wanted a water softener and I stayed with RainSoft. The consultation with their rep was excellent but there really wasn't a presentation because I knew I wanted one. He was an installer who happened to come the same day that I called and he tested the water and did a brief presentation because I knew that that product was what I was gonna go with. Then I was out of town for a couple of weeks and when I came back, I scheduled the installation and the tech was able to come pretty much the day that I called to schedule. He explained how to work the system but I already knew how to operate a new one. He was great, though. I got the water softener and the whole house filtration, and since they were installed, the water has become softer, which was what I was used to in Illinois. Plus, it tastes better.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

A friend gave our number to RainSoft and they called us. Setting up the consultation with the representative was fine and they were easy to work with. During the consultation, the representative was good. We purchased the conditioning system and the filter system where there's a thing that goes under the house and we have the filter on our two sinks. The installation team that came was good. Now, the water tastes good and it feels nicer on the skin.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2018

I have well water and my water is really bad, so I’ve been wanting a water treatment system for a while. A friend told me about RainSoft and when I interacted with the salesperson, it was a great experience. He was very knowledgeable. The installation team went beyond and did a good job. Since having it, I could tell the difference especially in the shower. Also, their customer service was good. They retested my water and looked at my system. I’m satisfied with RainSoft.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

The water had a lot of chlorine in it, so I began researching water treatment systems. The rep at RainSoft was kind, very cordial, and very informative. There were some things that he shared that I found out didn’t turn out to be the truth, but overall, he was good. We purchased a big, old tank. We got water conditioning with the charcoal filter. The installation was good, but we’ve had problems since then. We didn’t get it that long and they had to come out already because the filter wasn’t working properly. I'm satisfied with RainSoft and the taste of the water tastes different, but how the residue wouldn’t be there on the glass and on the shower were not true. He was showing us on the glass how the treated water that he had didn’t leave the glass with water spots on it versus what the untreated water did.

RainSoft, A Division of Aquion, Inc. expert review by Greg Chick

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems is a company that offers residential customers water and air purification services. The company is headquartered in Elk Grove Village, IL, and they serve customers throughout the world.

• Convenience: There are hundreds of dealers across the world that can install RainSoft products, so the company is a convenient choice for customers throughout many parts of the United States and the world.

• Complimentary water test: The company provides customers with complimentary water tests to see if they are good candidates for water treatment or filtration.

• Taste and smell: RainSoft guarantees that their product will reduce unwanted smells and tastes in consumers' water, which makes it better to drink, wash food with, cook with and bathe in.

• Safe filtration methods: RainSoft uses activated carbon filtration, which is a method that has been deemed safe for use by the Environmental Protection Agency, and they do not use any harsh chemical products in their purification process.

• Movable: The filtration systems manufactured by RainSoft can be moved from home to home, which means customers can take their system with them when they move and that they do not have to purchase multiple systems if they end up choosing to live in multiple homes.

• Best for: Homeowners with hard water, homeowners near a compromised water supply and rural customers using well water.

Profile picture of Greg Chick
Greg Chick Water Treatment Systems Contributing Editor

Greg Chick has worked as an entrepreneur for over 40 years with a background in plumbing, irrigation, pools and water heating. He is a member of Green Plumbers USA, International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials and American Society of Plumbing Engineers. Greg works to educate residential consumers about quality plumbing products.

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems Company Information

RainSoft, A Division of Aquion, Inc.
1953