4.50/5
Based on 267 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Since 1953, RainSoft has been a worldwide leader in providing families with premium water treatment and air purification systems. Visit bit.ly/RS-dealer to become a dealer! For more than 60 years, RainSoft is dedicated to designing, manufacturing and offering the industry's most diverse product line of water and air solutions for families like yours.

Our corporate Customer Focus Team ensures that each and every RainSoft customer is satisfied and exceeds every expectation. If you have a question, comment or concern, we encourage you to contact us directly at 1-800-RAINSOFT and ask to speak with our customer service group.

A leader in the water treatment industry since 1953, RainSoft takes the worry out of water.

RainSoft, A Division of Aquion, Inc. Gallery (1)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

1828 RainSoft Water Treatment Systems Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 17, 2018

I've had RainSoft for over 20 years and when Hurricane Harvey came through, I sold my house as is. I didn’t realize I could take my RainSoft with me so I bought another one. We’ve had no issues at all and they’ve been very proactive in coming back out to make sure everything is running smoothly and that the water is still balanced. They did a terrific job, they were very professional and I felt very comfortable with them. Before, sometimes the water wouldn’t even come out of the faucet because there was so much crud in it and we would have to take out and clean the filters all the time. Having RainSoft has been like night and day. It has been a great experience.

Get expert buying tips about Water Treatment Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 12, 2018

Be careful with this company “Aqua Finance Inc” and also be careful with the company that they work with, that sold to me a water treatment system called “RainSoft”, but never delivered what was set to be done at the day of the sale. I just decided to go public, because I received today a letter from “Aqua Finance Inc” saying that they sent the loan to a recovery report. I do not have that responsibility to the loan if the company never had fulfill the order. I will continue posting this messages until someone will see how bad those companies are. Also I have several documents about this bad deal, that prove their negligence with the client.

Original review: June 8, 2018 We had a pretty good experience working with RainSoft. We did the little paperwork at Home Depot and then they came out to the house and did a water demo.

The salesman was great. He was very informative and has no pressure tactics. Installation was really good, as well. The installer didn't leave a mess. It was eye-opening 'cause we already knew that the water tasted bad. But, now the water is just awesome. We tried their products too. As far as washing with the water, some of their products are kind of hit and miss. Some of the detergents worked, but some didn't. But I'd still definitely recommend RainSoft.

Original review: June 6, 2018

The RainSoft rep was very polite and quick to respond. He called back a day after I was approached at Home Depot. Then he set up the appointment and came in on time. The sales rep who came was well-kept and was kind to our children. He seemed to want to be there instead of having to be there because it was his job. Our time was valued just as much as his time was valued. I purchased the water purifier and softener and one guy came out to do the installation. He was here a little bit early which worked out fine. He was well-mannered and he looked presentable.

Since having the system installed, the kids and I can tell that our hair is different and our skin feels a little bit moisturized instead of dried out. Our clothes feel a bit cleaner and don’t feel as stiff when I lay them that they have to be air dried. We were told that our water bill would go down but that hasn’t happened. But it is an overall better experience being able to drink the water and not have to worry about feces or cracked limestone in it. We pack water into water bottles when we go to restaurants and in other people’s homes because we know the difference now. We prefer to drink the water that we have. I’m thankful that I learned about RainSoft and know the difference between good water and bad water.

Original review: June 6, 2018

We got our water conditioning unit from RainSoft 20 years ago and recently they came out and put a new digital head on it because the mechanical one wasn’t working like the digital one. The system has been working fine ever since and it's probably good for another 20 years. Also, the person who put the part in called me again to make sure it was working properly and everything was fine. You should get a system from RainSoft.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RainSoft, A Division of Aquion, Inc.?

Original review: June 5, 2018

Our housemate has lupus and needed to have water purified in a particular way for her health and she had a RainSoft unit in California. When we moved out here, it stayed with the house, and when we moved to Michigan last year, we could not drink the water out of the tap from where we lived. It was on a well and had a lot of Manganese in the water. We tried many other ways to try to fix the problem. We first had a different system put in by a plumber in the area and it was not powerful enough to do the job. The RainSoft sales rep met with us and then we weren't sure if we were gonna go with them or not. We had several weeks between the time we got together with him and he sat down with us at our kitchen table. We talked a lot about what RainSoft could do for us and what our concerns were. Then, we ended up making the decision to go forward and our interactions were great.

The fellow from RainSoft who came answered all our questions and we felt pretty confident that it was gonna help. And it has. The water that comes out of the tap has impurities but they are not necessarily harmful. We have another drinking water filtration and it works really well through there. But going through all the different tanks and stuff, RainSoft is doing the best it can given our situation in an area in Wisconsin where people really struggle with their water. My spouse said that everyone from RainSoft was great and patient when it was installed and since then, it has given us confidence that we're not poisoning ourselves. RainSoft was a really good idea.

Original review: June 5, 2018

We signed up for RainSoft's water testing and one of the representatives came into the house and the presentation was really informative. He was a great salesman and his customer service skills were excellent. It was a good experience. We realized how dirty our water was so we decided to go for it. The installation was quick and they did everything for us. Since having our system installed, I noticed the positive changes -- the taste of the water and how it feels on my skin and hair when I shower.

I like the payment options that RainSoft provided. We didn’t have the cash to pay upfront so they set us up a credit line and they postponed payments for six months. It was nice to have that option. There's a lot of savings that I’m going to see of not having to purchase all the cleaning products, but they're savings that I’ll see after, not right on. So having that option of starting to pay later is really helpful. RainSoft is a great product and others should buy it. I recommended it to a few friends.

Original review: June 5, 2018

We'd like to live healthier, so we researched on water treatment systems. Setting up the consultation with RainSoft's sales rep was fine and quick. When the sales rep came to our home, we had a pleasurable experience and our interaction with him was really good. He was very helpful and friendly, and he answered all our questions. We got the filter systems for the whole house and also for our drinking water. The installation was quick, although it was delayed a little bit from the time we were told. The installer was good and friendly. Since the installation of our water treatment system, it has been very helpful for our skin. We could see that our skin was not as dry anymore and we could feel the difference. Our experience with Rainsoft has been really good, but we didn't get the GoHealthy360 email and I kept trying to get it. But we finally did, so we're good. I would definitely tell people to get the Rainsoft system for their houses.

Original review: June 4, 2018

I always wanted to add soft water to my new home. The RainSoft Water Treatment Systems rep was very friendly and the company was willing to help and come close to the price that I asked them. The water softener was not properly installed the first time though. The installer wired the pipe wrong and there was water everywhere the first night. After a weekend, they sent someone more experienced who was able to correct it. Overall, I had a good experience with RainSoft.

Original review: June 4, 2018

I wanted to change the water filtration system we had. The RainSoft salesman showed us all the tests he did to the water and how he cured it. We had a product installed under the sink and then a full-home one. Now, I can't drink water when I go outside, like to a restaurant, and that is as a bad part too. Also, when RainSoft comes in and sells, it's more bribing the consumers rather than educating. A couple of my friends had the same experience. They also push you to sign the contract on the same day, which I ended up doing because I was trying to do it anyway. I would recommend them but I don't think that's the right way to sell a product.

Original review: June 3, 2018

My wife called RainSoft and it felt like their water treatment system would make a big difference, so we got the regen side-by-side system from them. The sales rep we dealt with was wonderful and our experience with him was perfect. My wife had a lot of questions and he was really patient with her. He explained everything and I understood what he was talking about. The installers came out to do the installation, but they didn't finish it because the guy said he was missing something. They were supposed to come back, but they never did. They wanted to tackle the line to the wall, but they didn't. They were also supposed to bring foam to patch a hole. My wife was ready to call RainSoft, but I told her not to since they were probably gonna send somebody that got busy, so she was waiting to see what was gonna happen.

When the follow-up guy came after the system was put in, he made sure that he got the money to fix the things that the installers didn't do, which was my wife's main concern. I wrote down our concerns and he knew what was going on, and he did well in following up. He said that since the installers didn't do some things, he was gonna throw in some more salt and some other stuff when the RainSoft people brought the soap. But when they dropped the soap off, they didn't leave any salt or anything else, and my wife was upset about that. But other than that, my wife loves the RainSoft system. We also have a triple osmosis system under the sink and I can tell the difference in the water from there and from the RainSoft system. Besides the incomplete installation, everything was fine with RainSoft and I'm happy with the system.

Original review: June 3, 2018

I lived in Highland Township, Michigan for a number of years, and I had three houses in that area and was always in a well and a septic tank. I’ve been using RainSoft for 35 years and when I moved to Grand Haven, Michigan, I was not accustomed to the city water. It was driving me crazy having to soap my hair two or three times before my hair felt soft or that it was washed. I went to run a couple of houses in the neighborhood after moving in, asked about the deal around, and I found out about the city water so I started pulling up stuff on the web about it. Even though it's city water, there's run off from rain and everything else so that is processed through directly. And in the wintertime here, there is ice on the roads and the water is coming back out through the city water too. It was just strange that it was acceptable from a legal and used perspective but it didn’t feel the same as when one has a water conditioner.

So, I went back to the way I like things with the water conditioner and the tank from RainSoft. The representatives from RainSoft came in and got the work done. They were able to work around the limitations in my home as far as the electrical hook-up and the electrical power in it. Now, they got me running in good order and I’ve been using RainSoft ever since. I’m perfectly satisfied and happy with RainSoft. Granting the city water isn’t terrible, people can do a lot better than that when they’ve got one of the conditioners like what RainSoft has. I have already recommended it to several people in my neighborhood too.

Original review: June 3, 2018

We’ve just purchased a house and when we were drinking water out of a tap, we noticed a lot of unidentified floating objects. Curious on our water situation, we set up a consultation with RainSoft and then their rep came out. The sales rep gave us demonstrations and he was very knowledgeable. We knew that we had hard water and of course, UFOs. We just didn’t realize that it was almost granite coming out. We got the whole house system which was the softener, filter, and then we have an osmosis for the kitchen and refrigerator ‘cause the refrigerator has a water dispenser in it. The people that came to install were also knowledgeable and they took care of one little glitch in the systems. They also cleaned up their mess very well.

I immensely enjoyed the system. We got rid of all the UFOs in our water. Our water is softer and it tastes a lot better no matter what sink we drink at. Before we could drink out of any sink but they all have the floaters. The kitchen stuff tastes the best because it’s the reverse osmosis system. RainSoft is a good product. It requires minimal maintenance, and so far, reliable.

Original review: June 2, 2018

We just moved into the area. We were on city water and I wasn’t sure what we were drinking, so I looked into water treatment systems. Our interaction with the RainSoft sales rep was pleasant. He was very well-informed and he did a great job. I purchased the whole package from RainSoft, which included the bubbles, the vents, and the water system. The installation team was very pleasant, too. After the system was installed, the first thing we noticed was that after taking a shower, my skin felt more moisturized than it did prior to the system. Also, our clothes appear to be a little softer and cleaner, so we are very pleased with RainSoft.

Original review: June 2, 2018

A neighbor of mine recommended Rainsoft and setting up for a consultation was quick. I ended up purchasing the whole filtration system and since the installation, the salt is gone and my skin feels smoother.

Original review: June 2, 2018

I bought a washer from the Home Depot and then a month later somebody from RainSoft gave me a call. He told me about the benefits of the soft water with my pipes and my washer. I got the water softener unit on the outside and then I got the indoor for drinking water. The RainSoft product was installed about four months ago and Mike, the installer, was the best person to come out. Since installing the RainSoft system, my water pressure is a bit less, but it was still good. The product can’t seem to wash the soap out of my hair, but that’s the soft water that makes it feel like the soap is still in there and that’s how it is. I haven’t had to replace any of the salt yet, but it has a little alarm that goes off when it needs anything. It’s all automated.

However, with the drinking water that I have, it's not so good because I had a filtration kit before and it was more the same. But other than that, the experience with RainSoft has all been good. Everything is working fine and I couldn’t be happier. I tell anybody who asks that I have soft water and then I let them know that RainSoft is a good company and that they have good stuff and a good program.

Original review: June 1, 2018

I've had a RainSoft system for 13 years before I got my current one. The water’s quality with RainSoft was good. However, their representatives were terrible. When we had our current system installed, the tech said that somebody would be contacting us the next days, and he would stop by and make sure everything was fine and answer any questions but it never happened. Somebody called about a month ago and my wife took the call. She said that we had some concerns and the gentleman was gonna call back later that day when I would be available. But I never heard from anybody. RainSoft should follow up on customer service. I also did an online survey and requested that somebody call me, but nobody ever called.

Original review: June 1, 2018

There is limestone in the water and I wanted to purify it. I had a whole system for a few years but it broke down so I had to get a new one installed. I purchased the whole-house water purifier system with the charcoal from RainSoft and they installed it on time, quickly and with no problem. They were professional and they did everything they said they were gonna do. I'm very satisfied with RainSoft and I will recommend it to some friends.

Original review: June 1, 2018

I had my old water system for 11 years and it was kind of out of date and getting the repairs were starting to get a little worse. I got the second system from RainSoft, and I'm really happy now that I don't have to drain the filter every Sunday. I got a reverse osmosis system. I loved our drinking water, and we also sold bottles up. I love their soft water system, too. It makes our skin feel safe. And we don't have a lot of soap because we know it's clean water. So we don't have anything breaking down.

Tony, the service tech who maintains the water system, is a darn good salesman, too. He's one of the best ones they've got. I trust him and I only want him to do my annual service. I am pleased with RainSoft. I was really scared when Tony showed me what the water is doing to our pipes, but with the soft water from our RainSoft system, I noticed that my faucets are not crusting up.

Original review: May 31, 2018

My parents had a water treatment system similar to this in the house for years, so I knew the benefits of it and how not clean the water was. We went to Home Depot and they asked us about having someone come out and test our water for us. A RainSoft rep came out and installed the system and it went pretty good. He didn't explain a few things about it as far as how to reset the timer for the salt, but he showed us to how to bypass it if we need to, like where to put the salt and how to put the salt in. It's not as much as I thought we would, but the water doesn't have that gross soapy feeling no more. It's a good system and it works! I'd show you the stuff they showed us.

Original review: May 31, 2018

We live by the lake and we have well water, so we wanted to see what our water was like. RainSoft sent us a little thing to put the water in and we sent it back to them for testing. Then we bought one of RainSoft's water systems and the water we are using is for drinking now, which really wasn't before. Everything worked well and we had a good experience with them.

Original review: May 31, 2018

We live in an area that has some issues with water discoloration at times and I had some personal health concerns. I wanted to make sure I was getting the best water and not putting anything unnecessary into my system, so I started researching water and air filtration systems. Rainsoft called and explained who they were and asked a good time that we could all meet. The only issue was the fact that both my husband and I had to be here and it was hard to coordinate.

I purchased the whole house filtration system and the installation was a little tricky because of where my system needed to be located. But the guy that came out stayed here almost all day and did everything he could to accommodate and get it in as quickly as possible. He was worried that I was getting upset but he was awesome and I really appreciated that he did everything he did to make it work. Since using it the system, I’ve had softer water and we’re not seeing any discoloration or change in the flavor. I noticed that when I’m doing laundry, I’m using less soap and I’m still seeing the sudding, so I know that it’s still working.

Original review: May 30, 2018

The water didn't taste good when we moved here so we looked for a water treatment system. We called RainSoft to set up a consultation and that process was easy. The rep who came was great. We bought the full house system, the RO water system at the sink for drinking and the system for the washing machine. The installer was a nice guy. He worked hard and explained everything really well. So far, the water is great. It tastes good and I don't use detergent with my clothes. Also, we don't have to do daily squidging with the shower which is nice. We’ve seen less of the hard water around the faucets since we moved in and we were pleased with it.

So far, we really like our RainSoft water system. It has been about three months since we put in the system and we had two follow up phone calls from them. One was when they wanted to come but it was not a good time for me. They called back and my husband set up an appointment but they never showed up. We didn’t follow-up because I'm sure they'd call back. We'd really like them to come to do a check over and make sure everything is running smoothly and to give us the review on when the filters need to be done because that information was a lot in the very beginning. Overall, it has been a positive experience and it's definitely worth the price.

Original review: May 30, 2018

The water was hard and not clear. I then bought a water softener, including the alkaline dispenser, from RainSoft. Their rep was very informative and the installation was good. With the water softener, it's hard to rinse and it feels like you're still soapy. But the water tastes better. And I drink water straight from the sink with confidence. Right now, I just add the salt for maintenance. I’ve been recommending RainSoft.

Original review: May 29, 2018

We were asked by RainSoft if they could come and do a free analysis. They found that our water wasn't too bad but it wasn't great either. It was a new guy who came to our house and he had to contact somebody to ask a couple of questions. But figuring that it was his first time, he did really good. We did the whole house with RainSoft and then we did the air. The guy who came to do the installation was nice enough but a little odd and he couldn't maneuver. He was a young guy and I was kinda surprised. He was just very slow and had troubles being down on his knees and standing back up. He wanted to use a chair to sit on to do the installation. It took him a long time and he wasn't out of here until 9:30 at night. Otherwise, I'm very satisfied. Now, we're still using up some of the soaps and cleaners that we had from before we put the system in so we haven't totally flipped over to the stuff that we got.

Original review: May 29, 2018

Our house is a little old, so I figured that we needed some type of filter. When I went to Home Depot, a guy there spoke to me about water treatment systems. We decided to put in RainSoft's water treatment system. Everything went great when RainSoft scheduled a consultation time to come to our home. The installation of the system was awesome. The installers did a really good job and they left everything neat and clean. Everything that the guy at Home Depot explained to me was true and everything’s working fine with our water treatment system. Now I can drink water out of my filter and everything is so good.

Original review: May 28, 2018

RainSoft did the water test at my house and that went great. The sales representative was great and we had a wonderful and excellent interaction. Then, a RainSoft tech came out and installed the equipment. My wife was here and she said that it all went well. They talked through how everything worked, how it was set up and did it in the amount of time they said it would be done and left all the necessary papers. We got the drinking water filter that has got the 3 filters at the kitchen sink and the drink counters. Now, the water is great and it tastes wonderful. It’s doesn’t smell like chlorine. My whole family drinks it and it’s good.

Original review: May 28, 2018

We built a new house and dug a well, so we did a free water test through Home Depot. The RainSoft sales rep that came out was professional. He went through and tested the water and showed us some things that we could fix. And since having our system installed, our water doesn’t smell like it used to. I can use less shampoo and soap and still get the same results. We are pleased with RainSoft. The experience went smoothly and there wasn’t a long turnaround time.

Original review: May 28, 2018

The water in the house was awful so we set up a consultation with a RainSoft rep and it was easy. When he came to the house, he was very knowledgeable and described the process and costing to us. And we ended up purchasing an entire water system. The installation team was very nice. They didn’t waste any time and went to work right away. When they were done, they explained how the system works and how we could monitor the system to conserve it best.

Original review: May 27, 2018

My water was bad with sediment. I called RainSoft for a consultation and the experience with their sales rep who came out was speedy, fast and informative. I bought the water filtration, the triple osmosis for the drinking water and then the washer. It was a speedy installation and the installers' demeanor was good. Since then, my water has been softer and it tastes better. I'd tell my friends to get RainSoft.

RainSoft, A Division of Aquion, Inc. expert review by Greg Chick

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems is a company that offers residential customers water and air purification services. The company is headquartered in Elk Grove Village, IL, and they serve customers throughout the world.

• Convenience: There are hundreds of dealers across the world that can install RainSoft products, so the company is a convenient choice for customers throughout many parts of the United States and the world.

• Complimentary water test: The company provides customers with complimentary water tests to see if they are good candidates for water treatment or filtration.

• Taste and smell: RainSoft guarantees that their product will reduce unwanted smells and tastes in consumers' water, which makes it better to drink, wash food with, cook with and bathe in.

• Safe filtration methods: RainSoft uses activated carbon filtration, which is a method that has been deemed safe for use by the Environmental Protection Agency, and they do not use any harsh chemical products in their purification process.

• Movable: The filtration systems manufactured by RainSoft can be moved from home to home, which means customers can take their system with them when they move and that they do not have to purchase multiple systems if they end up choosing to live in multiple homes.

• Best for: Homeowners with hard water, homeowners near a compromised water supply and rural customers using well water.

Profile picture of Greg Chick
Greg Chick

Water Treatment Systems Contributing Editor

Greg Chick has worked as an entrepreneur for over 40 years with a background in plumbing, irrigation, pools and water heating. He is a member of Green Plumbers USA, International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials and American Society of Plumbing Engineers. Greg works to educate residential consumers about quality plumbing products.

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems Company Information

RainSoft, A Division of Aquion, Inc.
1953