4.56/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Since 1953, RainSoft has been a worldwide leader in providing families with premium water treatment and air purification systems. RainSoft is dedicated to designing, manufacturing and offering the industry's most diverse product line of water and air solutions for families like yours.

Our corporate Customer Focus Team ensures that each and every RainSoft customer is satisfied and exceeds every expectation. If you have a question, comment or concern, we encourage you to contact us directly at 1-800-RAINSOFT and ask to speak with our customer service group.

A leader in the water treatment industry since 1953, RainSoft takes the worry out of water.

RainSoft, A Division of Aquion, Inc. Video
RainSoft, A Division of Aquion, Inc. Gallery (1)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

2229 RainSoft Water Treatment Systems Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: March 17, 2019

We were in a JCPenney in Aurora, Colorado and RainSoft Water Treatment Systems had the water test for free. We could grab one and test our water, so we did it. We came home and tested our water. RainSoft sent a representative out after they got our results to explain to us all about our water, the hardening, and the softening. We didn’t need a softener at all, but we got the filter. The sales rep that came out was new. We were his third or fourth presentation, but he did very well. He was here longer than he was planning to be here. He tried really hard and did a really good job answering our questions. If he couldn’t answer our questions, he immediately got on the phone with somebody to get them answered.

The installation, on the other hand, was a bit different. We ended up having two days of having the installer come out and the note that the sales rep took while he was here didn’t get transferred to the installer, so when he got on site, he wasn’t prepared for our type of house and where we wanted to put our unit. We were also told that since we don’t have a basement, the unit would sit outside and that RainSoft would be building the shelter that it would sit in. The installer was only able to install part of the system, then he had to come out later. We had to make a compromise on where the unit would fit. Now, the unit sits on our dining room, so it looks like we have a silver torpedo in our dining. He ended up cutting our phone lines when he drilled the holes through the floor to run the pipes and we had the phone company come out and fix that. We were also told that the pipes would not freeze, but they ended up freezing one night.

I had to get electric heaters underneath the house to get everything thawed. Also, when he put the stuff in under the sink, when he rerouted our dishwasher drain and put the drain for the filtration system in, it was backing up into my dishwasher and causing the dishwasher to go into a drain cycle every time we would use the water system. The installation was a bit more frustrating than the sales rep. We also had another guy come out the day after the install because the water was gray. We weren’t informed it could be gray for a while until all the sediments and stuff inside the tank worked its way out in the line. We ended up having another guy come out and do a bit more explanation on that.

The guy that came out and did the install was a little frustrated because he didn’t know all the information. He felt very unprepared when he came out. But he was very friendly to talk to and eager to work with us. He did some stuff above and beyond what he would have had to have done. Overall, the guys have been really good. We can call them up and we get an answer back right away, or they send a tech out within 24 hours. We are 45 miles from the nearest major city and they are still trying to get somebody out here to take care of us, so I am pleased.

Now that everything is settled, the water quality has been tons better. We can drink our water and our ice is so much better. We can ice, so we don’t have to buy bagged ice now. We don’t have to buy bottled water that much. We buy some just to have on hand in case the waterline freezes or we are going somewhere. Overall, we are very happy with the system and I would recommend the system to anybody in our small town.

Get expert buying tips about Water Treatment Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

I was looking into buying a new house and I had the water tested. It failed for E. coli, cholera, bacteria, and lead. I had the Triple Duos and failed for all four tests. I was trying to find a company that could correct the system before I make an offer on the house. I was given the names of a couple of companies in the area and RainSoft was one of the companies that came out. I had gotten different estimates and opted to go with RainSoft. I had three different companies come out. One explained everything in their terminology and I had no idea what they were talking about.

The RainSoft reps were very easy to work with. They explained everything to a layman who doesn’t understand the problems with water and what’s involved in it. They explained everything in detail as to how the different systems would work so it’s drinkable water and how it would fix the problems. There are a couple things I didn’t understand though, but I had decided upon them and it really didn’t make a difference. I was stuck with the way the system was. I didn’t realize that correcting for the lead in the water would be a completely different system. You only put it on a faucet that you’re gonna drink from. I wanted it on everything in the house so that I can go drink the water in the bathroom or the water outside from a garden hose, but it’s so expensive to do it that way.

RainSoft was the only company that was willing to do what I wanted. I have a rancher, but it’s a modular house and there is no basement underneath of it. There’s a crawlspace. All the houses I’ve looked at or people that I know that have the system have a basement and everything is physically in the basement. The filters are also in the basement.

I was trying to get everything put into a closet in the third bedroom or on one of the inside walls in that particular bedroom if it wouldn’t fit in the closet because of size constraint. I was trying to get it, so I don’t have to crawl underneath the house to try to change filters or to physically check to see if the system is working. The owner wasn’t sure if the technician could do it. When the technician came out, I explained to him the situation. I am handicapped and I can’t crawl. If I gotta go underneath the house, I gotta sit on my butt to pull myself backward. I was trying to make it convenient for me to be able to check the system and change filters on my own instead of paying somebody else to do it. He was able to explain to me how it was gonna go.

The house has water coming from a well. For some strange reason, whoever put this house up decided to put the main water shut-off in the rear back corner of the house and you gotta crawl from one end of the house all the way to the other end to shut the water off. To me, the main shut-off valve should be placed near where it comes out of the ground or where it first comes into the house. The RainSoft technician put a master shut-off in the closet, just before the entire system. I was very happy with the work he did. He was also very helpful in explaining the entire system to me, how it works, and how I need to maintain it.

The water looks clearer now and it's drinkable. I had asked for an additional test just to have my own peace of mind after the installation was done and they did. They sent me the results and it showed that everything is below what the acceptable levels are. I wouldn’t say crystal clear water, but I have clean water. I would highly recommend RainSoft to anybody that has similar problems.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

We bought an older wartime house, so we wanted to test the water and make sure that there was nothing wrong with the pipes. We got one of the free water tests at Home Depot and we got it back during a consultation. The consultant recommended the RainSoft products to us. He made some good points about RainSoft, so we decided to give it a try. He presented all the information in a way that was factual but still entertaining and it didn’t bore us at all. He was very personable and easy to talk to. He is one of those guys that you feel like you’ve known forever. My husband is usually very quiet and lets me do all the talking, but he was making jokes with the consultant. He had a really good personality. He was also really good with our dog, who is normally a bit of a stinker. He calmed her down and there was a point that our dog was sitting on his lap and just relaxed. He was really awesome.

I’m 100% happy with the installation and the people that installed the products were knowledgeable, fast, and really personable. They had contacted me a couple of days before to give me a heads up about when they would be coming and they called me when they were on the route. They worked really well and were efficient. A lot of workers would just leave fast, but they cleaned up after themselves. Also, our basement isn’t exactly the easiest to get into, but they’ve managed to get in and out without a problem and complaints, which I was impressed because I complain when I go to my basement. They were amazing.

My husband and I have been really happy with the RainSoft products. We got the water softener and the reverse osmosis, and they've been working extremely well. I’ve been absolutely in love with the soft water and reverse osmosis drinking water. It’s the best water I’ve ever had and I’ve never felt healthier. I’m loving the system and I now use fewer body products, especially moisturizers because the water isn’t drying my skin out as much. I also find my hair has been better. I have very curly and frizzy hair and with the softer water, I find that my conditioner can work better and it isn’t being as bad as it normally is.

I’ve been trying to drink the the reverse osmosis water as much as possible and I found I’m getting fewer migraines. When I’m drinking that water with a bit of lemon when I get sick, I feel like I’m getting healthier faster. RainSoft was absolutely amazing and I have zero complaints. I have recommended RainSoft to a couple of friends who have bought houses in the area. I told them to go to Home Depot and get a water test. When we had our house-warming, people were commenting on our water. They asked if we have filtered water or bottled water. They were commenting on how clean the water was.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

I received a postcard in the mail for a $20 gift certificate to Walmart which was my go-to store. I called the number and I left a voicemail. Somebody called me back to say that they would have somebody come out to do the water test and that they would bring the $20 gift card. Two different people called me so I called in and confirmed the day and time that somebody would be showing up for the appointment. When the man came out and started doing everything, that’s when I realized it was actually RainSoft, so I was happy about that. However, the man who came out to do the water test was an hour late and he just showed up. I told him that I didn’t think he was coming because the appointment was at 9:30 and it was 10:30 on a Saturday. He said that he was told that he needed to get over here. So, he came in.

When he was doing the tests, I asked him how long it was going to take because I had a girlfriend that was gonna be on her way over. I was trying to tell her about it because she would like it and she did. However, the cost was a concern to her. I told her it was 18 months with no interest. She said that it still breaks down to a lot of money. The guy immediately snapped back at her and and told her that we would have a problem if she kills his show. Even though he was late, we were doing okay but I saw a little bit of a different side of him when he snapped back at her, and that was a little unsettling to me because I told him I’m familiar with the product. Even though I’m a single mom and it’ll be tight on budgeting, I know it was worth it. So, I was frustrated with what he said to my girlfriend.

I got it set up for a Friday morning. And when I was getting it set up, I talked to one of the ladies that I would like an early morning appointment because once a week, I have been coming in late because I’ve been to get things fixed and getting some kind of resolution that might manage what I have going on at home. So, my boss has been frustrated with me about that. That way, I don’t have to take off as much time and that would be great. So the lady went ahead and got it set up for me. She said that they would give me a call when they’re on their way. I told her that my babysitter would be going to other places, watching other people’s kids and she would have to take my daughter with her. I would rather go ahead and be able to go and take my baby to the babysitters before they even get there to install things. That way, once they install everything, I can head straight to work after they’re done.

She confirmed with me the day before and told me it would be anywhere between 7:30 and 8:00 when they get there. However, they did not call before they came, and they rang the doorbell and woke my baby up. They went ahead and they came inside and the salesman ended up telling my girlfriend why she was there. He told her that if she goes ahead and sign up for RainSoft, he would throw in a free osmosis for both of us. That was not something that me and him had even talked about because he didn’t wanna overwhelm me. Being a single mom and not having any kind of extra income except for my own, money is very important to me. So, my girlfriend decided to sign up for it. The guy who came in looked at my sink and told me he cannot put my osmosis in because he didn’t have the drill bit for my sink. He told me that they would call and set that up for me some other time, but he would do the other thing.

He and his friend went downstairs and did the setup. So, I asked him when they came out to install this system how long that actually takes because I needed to go ahead and let my boss know the time that I’ll be coming in. He told me that they would take an hour and a half. After two and a half hours, I went down and asked them how much longer they would be because I needed to get my baby over to the babysitter. He said it would only be 10 more minutes and I told them I couldn’t wait 10 more minutes. I have to leave now because I would take her over there, but she doesn't live too far away, so I can be back within 10 to 15 minutes. He said he needed me to sign a paper and I need to get my water pressure tested because it was high. He showed me where to turn off the water on the system.

I had to go take my baby to the babysitters and I asked them to close the garage when they get done, and they did. About a week and a half went by, and nobody had called me back to put in the osmosis thing. So, I called back and asked when that somebody would be available to come out. I told them that I didn’t want that man coming back out because he was rude to me when it wasn’t my fault. So, the other guy came out to do the osmosis. He was very nice and polite. I liked him a lot. When he got there, he asked me if I was gonna upgrade my sink eventually or upgrade my faucet, and I told them eventually I would like to. He asked me if he could just put it in right there and I wouldn’t have a sprayer thing anymore. I told him that it was not a problem so he went ahead and put it in.

After a couple of weeks, it got loose and I had to call back and get somebody come out there. They ended up sending that other guy out but he couldn’t figure it out, and he said he was gonna call the other guy to come out here. I asked him not to have the guy that first came out because I didn’t like his demeanor. He ignored that and the other guy ended up coming back. He came in and got it fixed within a matter of a few minutes and he was quick. He brought up that I called in and complained to corporate, and he wanted to ask what that was about. I told him that it was the whole process from start to finish. Every component has been horrific from a customer service standpoint. It could have been avoided if the right hand knew what the left hand was doing over there.

Even my girlfriend that signed up, her whole thing has been not good, either. I do know some people that would benefit from their system, but she and I were of the same opinion. We don’t want anybody to go through what we had to go through. Even though the system is great and we love RainSoft, that company that’s out here wheeling and dealing for them either need new management, or they have too much stuff going on. It’s been a frustrating experience. They got it fixed but we ended up having to call back because we didn’t get the liquid soap email. They finally sent that to us last week or the ending of the week but we had to keep calling in to follow up and to touch base. It hasn’t been a pleasant experience but we love the product. Once I knew it was RainSoft, it was guaranteed for me because he also brought up the whole salt package and that should last me for a long time. That wound up paying for itself.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

We were referred to RainSoft by a friend since the water that was coming in to our house was extremely hard. We were having a lot of hard water spots or lime. The sales rep came in and tested the water. He explained what he was doing, how the system worked and he had a portable treatment center that showed us what the results would be if we did get a system. He was quite talkative.

We never use our tap water to drink or cook food. We just bought bottled water and have big five-gallon bottles delivered. So we confirmed what we had been thinking all along. Knowing that we could get the water coming in to the house cleaner to where maybe we did not have to buy as much bottled water was positive. We bought a three-filter treatment system from RainSoft, that’s outside the house. We also got filters underneath the sink and filters that were added into the refrigerator as well. As an add-on, we also purchased two air purifiers.

The installation guy got here at 4 o’clock in the afternoon and did not leave until 11:00 PM. The friend who referred it also bought the system but their installation took one hour. So this just kept dragging on and on and on. It took forever. It was not all completely his fault. He broke a shut off valve to the house when he first started so he had to repair all of that. But it was not a good experience, like he showed me how to use the system in the dark and he was like, “Well, I can show you in the dark because I know where all the buttons are.” But I didn’t know where the buttons are there.

A gentleman since has come out and check the system to make sure it was functioning properly. At that time he looked at the installation of the system and he apologized for it and said that it should not have been done that way. He had somebody come and fix a little bit of the issue since the tanks were leaning and a few things like that. He also let me know that the guy that did our installation no longer works for them because of the kind of work he did on our house. The new guy had went ahead and repaired it before he left that night and I think that’s part of what took so long on the installation because he was trying to repair the damage.

Since having RainSoft installed I have noticed like when taking a shower that our skin is not as dry. I have also not been experiencing the dry itchiness that we used to have. Also, it takes less laundry detergent and things like that to get the clothes clean and even to wash dishes. RainSoft has definitely been a plus. We referred other people to them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RainSoft, A Division of Aquion, Inc.?

Original review: May 11, 2019

We called Rainsoft and the rep gave me a price over the phone. I agreed to it because it was cheaper than some of the other places I previously saw. He said, “Well, we can be there in less than a week.” So we made the contract. No one called. I made all the contacts. They called back and confirmed the date. Then they called early in the morning, said they were on the way, and everything went without a hitch. The installation took four hours and they really did a nice job. Everybody we came in contact did a very good job.

Original review: May 10, 2019

We purchased the Rainsoft system and the installation team was efficient. We've had the system for 2 months now and the quality of our water has improved.

Original review: May 6, 2019

My RainSoft water system is working fine. Everything went smoothly and very good during the installation. It took about an hour and a half. The installer had a problem with the AC installation. He installed the purificator and one of the fuse blew up. So, he had to go to the store and get a new one. But apart from that, everything was good. But my brother had a different brand, and it was way less expensive and they have the same function.

Original review: May 3, 2019

My spouse was motivating me to begin researching water treatment systems. She had been told by a plumber that water conditioners were good for home pipes, and we purchased a new home 10 years ago. The city where we live apparently used to do citywide water softening as part of their water treatment. The plumber said they had discontinued that. His recommendation was to look for water softeners and we purchased RainSoft's water conditioning system.

About three weeks after it was installed, I had occasioned to go down and change the kitty’s litter box. I was standing there with a scooper, looked around the basement, and I literally went, “What’s that?” I went over and looked at it, and it was my water conditioner. It was very attractive. The purchasing process was so painless that I had forgotten about it and it surprised me when I discovered it. I knew it was being installed and I’d paid for it by then, but I’d had so little fuss and bother that it had slipped my mind that the work had been done.

I don't spend a lot of time worrying about anything in my life. But if you’ve ever had a water mess, it can be very uncomfortable. The installation of the water conditioner involved working on the water. I hoped the guy didn't cut into a pipe and I'd go home and there'd be four inches of water in the basement. And that did not happen. I didn't not end up with puddles of water in my basement. The guy did a fabulous job and I already have recommended RainSoft to friends.

Original review: May 1, 2019

RainSoft called my husband to check the water. Where we live, the water is really contaminated so he was already thinking about a water filter or softener. When he saw the opportunity, he said okay. RainSoft's rep was really good. He knew what he was talking about. I liked the presentation given and that is also why we were convinced. Since having the water softener installed, the water has been better for our stomach. We don’t have the stomach problems that we used to have before. When we take a bath, we feel our skin’s softer and my hair is beautiful now. I like the system very much because I think it’s a very good product and our health is better.

Original review: April 30, 2019

I don’t like the way the installers wired the system of our Rainsoft system. I wasn’t there to help during the installation and I would’ve done it differently. But it works well. We like it. Also the sales guy was really good, and the installer came the next day. So, it was quick. I recommend them.

Original review: April 29, 2019

We purchased a RainSoft conditioning system for the whole house. The reps were very flexible about the date and time of the consultation. They were very nice people and very impressive. The installer explained everything very clearly. It was very well done and I was also quite impressed with that. Since having RainSoft, everybody in the house notices the difference in our filtration in both our showers and in the drinking water. Laundry comes out better, too. Everything that’s been promised about it in the sales presentation is pretty much what we’re seeing. So, that part I’m very happy about. It’s just that thing about the money that I thought was a little too sneaky.

The initial offer was for ** and we eventually bought it for ** which is a very fair price. The system is excellent and we’re very happy with it. If somebody had accepted the initial offer, then the vendor is taking that ** as profit. Similar people in my situation would pay the initial offer for the same thing and may or may not feel they’re getting a good deal, but I don’t think that’s right. That left a bad taste in my mouth. One could also call it taking advantage of people and that made me a little uncomfortable. I don’t blame RainSoft for it but their vendor/licensee. Otherwise, people were friendly and the installer was excellent and cleaned-up after himself. I couldn’t have asked for it to be done better. I would recommend RainSoft. The product's very impressive, but I would counsel others about negotiating price and be real careful.

Original review: April 28, 2019

I've had a RainSoft system years ago, and it has been very helpful and a good experience. They offer lifetime warranty so we got another system. The sales rep was very good and not pushy at all. We've had the system for about two months now and the water seems hotter so we use less soap. We've had good luck with RainSoft and I'm happy with it.

Original review: April 27, 2019

RainSoft's customer service is all good. They came out, tested the water, and told us what we needed. The rep told us we didn't need a new water softener or anything. We just needed other water, and we just went with that. We bought a RainSoft water conditioner and the installation team was good. We don't use bottled water now that we have RainSoft. Our experience with them is great and we have recommended them.

Original review: April 26, 2019

It was an educational experience when salespeople from RainSoft came to our home. We did the whole house softening system and my wife said the installers were professional and they got the job done quickly. Having RainSoft, the difference is very noticeable. Dishes and showers no longer have hard water deposits.

Original review: April 25, 2019

We just had a new house and we wanted to find out what RainSoft was all about. With the sales representative's customer service and knowledge, we had an excellent experience. Then, the installation team did an excellent job. They were polite too. Now, we've noticed change in the taste of the water and it's softer. We're very happy with RainSoft.

Original review: April 23, 2019

We had RainSoft put in our home in 2017. We’ve had nothing but problems. It flooded our whole basement because it was installed incorrectly. $5,000 worth of damage and not one offering from them to remedy this. We paid out of pocket completely. They even tried to charge us for our service appointment! Then we went to fill the salt tank and it was filled with dirty water. We’ve had our appliances serviced recently and they said our water is still very hard. We are very disappointed. We keep calling to have it removed and they don’t call us back. We don’t want money back. We just want it gone. It’s been months and no one returns our calls. We get lied to and pushed aside. Don’t count on this company. I’m fearing it’s a scam.

Original review: April 23, 2019

I have had my Rainsoft Water treatment System since about 1990, two years after moving here. Our well water is loaded with iron and sulfur smell. Not a surprise as I grew up on the next farm down the road. Mom NEVER washed clothes at home because of the harsh water. Prior to the Rainsoft unit we had a brand x and my water tasted like iron, sulfur and salt and if you made coffee it looked like an oil slick. The Rainsoft that we purchased took away all of the nasty stuff. Ours was suddenly the best tasting in the area.

The computer head mechanics finally wore out. I bought a used unit and asked the local dealer to install it. The service manager was a real slick shyster or so he thought. After his guys did a half job I was put off for weeks while my plumbing was again loaded with iron. After a conversation with the owner I was repaired the next day. Long story short, great product, don't let some jerk mess with you. And buy your water filters in bulk.

Original review: April 23, 2019

We have hard water and we see the calcification building up on our water faucets. RainSoft came out, tested our water, showed it to us, and took us through it. It was a pleasant experience and they were professional. We ended up purchasing the system thereafter. Then, the installation guys were great, very accommodating, very flexible, talked me through everything, and did really well. However, we still haven’t received the free gift card for having the free water testing. Other than that, since having the system installed, the calcification is gone around our faucets and the water tastes better.

Original review: April 22, 2019

The sales rep from RainSoft was amazing. He was funny, awesome and showed us a lot about the water filtration system. However, we got the air purifier for the whole house due to allergies. Since we got it, we have less dust, less sneezing and it feels light and fresh in the house. We’ve had it for about six months and the filter is changed periodically for upkeep and maintenance. RainSoft is well worth the money and people should do it.

Original review: April 21, 2019

When we went to Home Depot and got our carpet done, we heard about RainSoft. Their rep set up the appointment then called to verify it. Then they showed up and in the end, we decided to buy their product. The guy doing that PVC pipe knew what he was doing. What he did was fun to watch and he left the site looking great. After the system was installed, it takes a lot more water to wash off soap now. When I’m in the bathroom and trying to take a three-minute shower, I gotta wait for a couple more washes before I can get the whole soap-feel off of me and I’m not used to that. But other than that, I’d do it again with RainSoft if I was given an opportunity.

Original review: April 14, 2019

All the heavy metals in the water concerned me and a water treatment system was something that I wanted to do. My cousin had a personal experience with RainSoft and referred them to me. I explored around all the good stuff they do in the water. I reached out to them and a representative came the next day. I got the water conditioner system and the reverse osmosis, and they got the system installed in two days. The water feels a lot better in the shower and I could drink water from the tap now. However, I never got any of the free cleaning supplies they talked about.

Original review: April 14, 2019

Two years ago we had this system installed. They did a really good job. This year we have tried twice to have them come up and service the system. They have failed both times to even show up. There was no phone call to say they were having trouble finding the place or anything. They had been to our place twice before, but refused to follow the directions to the house, depending instead on GPS. Told them several times GPS fails and will not go to or house. They have never showed up and have never called back. They are two months out in their service schedule and have wasted four months of our time. Time to give up on this company and find someone else who can follow directions.

Original review: April 13, 2019

The technician who came out during the setup process did a great job. He explained everything and all went fine. The people at RainSoft followed up with me, and their technician also did a follow-up water test. They did great and so far, the acid neutralizer system is working fine.

Original review: April 12, 2019

I had a RainSoft softener when the kids were little. And I got a new one that I've been using for over a month now. The sales representatives from RainSoft who helped me were very helpful. They said they would give me a year of dishwashing liquid and soap for the washing machine, and they haven't yet. Other than that, the installers were very informative, fast and clean. I was at work and when I came home, they were through. Since having the new system, it's like there's still soap on my body when I rinse off. But it's a good change and it doesn’t feel bad. I like RainSoft.

Original review: April 11, 2019

I'm over 70 years old and I had a RainSoft in my house 35 years ago in another property. Down here, I walked through the Home Depot store and I was asked if I was interested in a demonstration again and I said yes. The sales guy was very pleasant and knowledgeable. He answered all my questions and he did a really nice job. I got the EC5 and I did the whole house and the guy who installed it worked really hard. I helped him a bit to get done but that wasn't a big deal. He did a fine job as well and he did everything right. I’d recommend RainSoft.

Original review: April 9, 2019

Updated on 4/26/2019: The Rainsoft guys came this morning and figured out what was going on. They were very nice, explained what was happening and corrected the problem. I am very happy 5*****'s. And 5*****'s to Bill who was very nice and understanding. Thank you very much.

Updated on 4/19/2019: Bill called and we talked. He says will do his very best to get my water and this situation straightened out. It was nice to talk to a reasonable person. Maybe after the appointment it will be 5 stars. I do appreciate his time and effort.

Original Review: I called the office to have someone look at my system. When I told them what the sticker (who sold us the system) said, I was told I must deal with them. I said I buy my salt from you. Asked if I used the osmosis system. I said no I liked the water from the tap. Tasted better to me. The osmosis was what my husband preferred. She jumped my case and said I should not be able to taste a difference. Husband is 3 years passed. She said I would have to deal with the original sellers. Said "Bill will call..." Two days later no call, no Bill the RainSoft guy. If you must deal with these people Don't talk to Maxine and don't wait for Bill to call. Lower Central Michigan.

Original review: April 9, 2019

The water test is a scam! Don't fall for it. I had the water tested at a laboratory after the pushy sales scam. I was asked by a rep at Home Depot to get a free water test. I was new to the area and wanted to have my water tested. I homebrew beer and needed a baseline as to what total dissolved solids (TDS) were in my water. When contacted by RainSoft I realized what I was in for and told the rep. I didn't need a water system - just the water test. She insisted the water tech would be at my home to test my water. Fine. Let's see how this goes.

I was given the spiel on how terrible the water was in my area from the public water supply. He then took 2 samples and added the same chemical to each and told me the test proved my water without treatment was as bad on the scale as the worst water in the country. We shouldn't be drinking it! I asked what was the Total dissolved solid count (TDS). He replied, "We have our own test and scale only used by RainSoft and it doesn't give the TDS". When I questioned this as TDS is the measurement of hard water used by every water Lab in the world. I decided to send him packing. I then sent my water to Ward Laboratories and for a small charge got a real water test. Our water is Excellent with just 280 TDS. Some of the best public water in the country. Don't be fooled, Don't waste your time and Don't ever buy from RainSoft. If you need to treat your water there are real solutions for far less money. But start with a water test from a real Lab!

Original review: April 9, 2019

The purification and good water led us to research water treatment systems. We also had a little to deal with on our icebox in this house that we had re-worked. We got a filter on our icebox for refrigerator and hope that was enough. My wife found RainSoft on the internet. Their installers and the guy that came to check the filters were all great. However, it feels like you can't get the soap off you, but they tell me that's the way it is. My water pressure also dropped a little bit. I told them about it, but they said that they didn't understand why. When they checked their lines, it's open all the way. We have to maintain the salt in the system and bypass it whenever we're watering the yard or the flower beds.

Original review: April 8, 2019

The gentleman from RainSoft who gave us the spiel did a good job. We had a RainSoft Water Treatment installed and it has been great so far. We liked the taste and the feel of the water. However, the cleaning solutions that they gave were not good. I hope they make make it more fragrant. That’s what I've used the most, and it doesn’t seem to be getting my laundry clean.

RainSoft, A Division of Aquion, Inc. expert review by Greg Chick

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems is a company that offers residential customers water and air purification services. The company is headquartered in Elk Grove Village, IL, and they serve customers throughout the world.

• Convenience: There are hundreds of dealers across the world that can install RainSoft products, so the company is a convenient choice for customers throughout many parts of the United States and the world.

• Complimentary water test: The company provides customers with complimentary water tests to see if they are good candidates for water treatment or filtration.

• Taste and smell: RainSoft guarantees that their product will reduce unwanted smells and tastes in consumers' water, which makes it better to drink, wash food with, cook with and bathe in.

• Safe filtration methods: RainSoft uses activated carbon filtration, which is a method that has been deemed safe for use by the Environmental Protection Agency, and they do not use any harsh chemical products in their purification process.

• Movable: The filtration systems manufactured by RainSoft can be moved from home to home, which means customers can take their system with them when they move and that they do not have to purchase multiple systems if they end up choosing to live in multiple homes.

• Best for: Homeowners with hard water, homeowners near a compromised water supply and rural customers using well water.

Profile picture of Greg Chick
Greg Chick Water Treatment Systems Contributing Editor

Greg Chick has worked as an entrepreneur for over 40 years with a background in plumbing, irrigation, pools and water heating. He is a member of Green Plumbers USA, International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials and American Society of Plumbing Engineers. Greg works to educate residential consumers about quality plumbing products.

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems Company Information

RainSoft, A Division of Aquion, Inc.
1953