Accredited Partner

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.24/5

Since 1953, RainSoft has been a worldwide leader in providing families with premium water treatment and air purification systems. RainSoft is dedicated to designing, manufacturing and offering the industry's most diverse product line of water and air solutions for families like yours.

Their corporate Customer Focus Team ensures that each and every RainSoft customer is 100% satisfied.

A leader in the water treatment industry for 67 years, RainSoft takes the worry out of water.

RainSoft - a Pentair Company Video
RainSoft - a Pentair Company Gallery (1)
View More View More

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Feb. 4, 2020

We started this with a tiny water sample through Home Depot. We were then contacted to do a larger scale testing at our home. We KNEW how gross our water was and had photos of some of the nastiness and a coffee maker it destroyed. We had a rep come out (Sat) and do the test. She was on time, adorable and professional. The test was interesting. Yes we're pitched with a sale, various options but we were very interested and if you decide to sign up then, you save $2500. We did and chose the above mentioned items for our package. You fill out the paperwork to see if you're able to get financing and you'll be contacted in a few days. I contacted the rep Weds as we'd not heard and she'd just not gotten to us but we were approved.

We scheduled for the following Sat for install. The installer showed up right on time and was very and knowledgeable. He explained what his plan was and we left him to it. He was done in about 2 hours, explained how everything worked very thoroughly, gave his personal cell if any issues etc. He also left 3 bags of salt for us. This is where my lack of 5 stars comes. While signing HIS paperwork, we realize that the "financing papers" we signed with the rep were in fact the contract. In conversation something was said that made us question things. We definitely felt it was very shady. She does NOT tell you that you are signing the actual contract for the system. YOU ARE!!

The reason this matters a ton is because you only have 3 days to cancel from the date you sign that paper!! By the time we realized this, it had been a week. You're stuck. Thankfully we really wanted the system so for us, it didn't matter other than again, it seemed very shady. I made sure I let her know I wasn't happy and it was made to sound like I misunderstood. No I didn't. My fiance and I both are 100% it was NEVER said that it was THE contract. It took about 24 hrs for us to use the old water in the hwh and the new water to start coming through but once it did...OH BOY!! It's like night and day. I call it my silk water. I LOVE it!!

Everything is better. Our skin, our small appliances, the taste..everything! I have noticed with the air purifier that my sneezing is significantly less and I have horrible allergies and A LOT of animals. The CleanStart is super cool and makes everything smell like citrus no matter what laundry products you use. I am just finishing what i have and you need VERY little. With our package we get 5 years of cleaning products. I ordered them Sat and they're expected on Weds. (Today is Monday) So very quick. I cannot review the products yet but they're basically free so...

Our financing allows for 6 months no payments and no down payment. Rainsoft gives 3 months free then we are to receive a check to pay for the following 3 months. I was very worried this is where we'd get screwed. Nope. The check came today! It's very early but it's here so very happy about that! I know the reviews vary greatly for Rainsoft and we've only had it for a full week but other than the lack of contract transparency, so far we are absolutely thrilled with everything!! Just know about that contract before you sign but also remember how much you save if you do sign while the rep is in house. We've heard some pretty bad stuff about the customer service but we've not had to use it yet so time will tell and I will update should things change. So far we are really happy with ALL of it!!

Get expert buying tips about Water Treatment Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2020

I’m involved with some of the sports programs where RainSoft does sponsorships and I’m also familiar with a couple of people that work there through those, which was probably the main reason I called them. I had a unit put in probably 2007, so that would be about 12 years ago. It was an iron filter and a water softener, and the iron filter had failed about a year ago. So, I called the company that put it in. They were saying the iron in my water had changed such that I didn’t have iron anymore and that I didn’t need the iron filter. Also, that I was fine with the test that they ran. But the feel and the smell of the water were drastically different, so the iron filter was doing something in those regards.

I know people from other water places, so I reached out to them and they told me the same thing. I wasn’t satisfied with the answer so I called RainSoft, and they came out and the answers they gave me in two minutes made sense. They definitely knew what they were talking about because it turned out that my suspicion was right. The iron filter was doing something to help with the smell of the water and my arsenic level. When they came out, not only did they answer my question but they gave me three different options. They gave me the different solutions and explained the pros and cons of all those different solutions and the price, which was important. I was on the phone with these other guys for weeks and Danny from RainSoft came out and answered all my questions. I was blown away. I was so impressed with him in explaining the pros and cons so I went with the most expensive option.

I have an iron filter and an Eco Oxytech EC4. One knocks out the iron and the other one knocks out what causes the smell in your water. I had a green-sand filter knocked down the iron, so I noticed that the arsenic level had gone up a little bit. We have the unit and the reverse osmosis system, and with the results that I experienced immediately, the smell went away. Whatever iron I have will get knocked out completely before it even hits the water softener. So, the iron level was drastically less. I’m very happy and I wish I had not dillydallied with the other two places. I should’ve just called RainSoft. I wanted to do my research and get the answers, and I didn’t wanna feel obligated to use RainSoft so, I went to them as a last resort, which was silly on my part. I should’ve just went with them right off the get-go.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2020

I had solids in my water. It was something that stains porcelains in my bathrooms and my sink. I had a system already but it was very old and I couldn’t rely on it anymore. So, I wanted to upgrade to a new system. I went online and found Carolina Freshwater, the company that installed RainSoft's product. And that one looked like something that was an upgrade from what I had, so that’s what I did.

A salesperson came out from the company and talked to me for three and a half hours, and I couldn’t run him off. He also did the water testing but he was more sales than he was anything. At the time, I already decided to buy the thing, then I just had to go through the program. I got both the water conditioner and softener, and the installation went great. Since then, the water is as I expected. It’s very good and clear. I put my RainSoft in in early November, then I sent off a sample in mid-December to RainSoft, and I haven’t heard anything. But I presume that’s good news.

All in all, I got what I paid for and I’m happy with my experience. The product was extremely expensive, but I knew that going in. I also knew I bought the service and that was what I was going for. I needed someone to service this thing yearly, which they assured me was gonna happen. I have a well and I need this system. I could’ve gone to Lowe's or Home Depot and bought something sort of similar for quite a bit of less money, but then, I would have had to have a plumber come. I just didn’t want to involve myself in going through all that. I wanted a one-shot deal and I pay RainSoft for what it’s worth.

And now, if I have problems, I call Carolina Freshwater and that works for me. In fact, I will contact them in the future about the fact that the RO system sometimes doesn't shut off. It will trickle and you can hear it in the drain for three or four minutes. I'm wondering if I can up the pressure in the RO system within the system itself because I have good water pressure in the rest of the house and I think there’s not enough pressure to adequately shut off. I’ve read about it, but I’m not gonna get down there and tinker around with the fittings. Also, the only thing it feeds is the freshwater on the sink. I have a separate spigot for the RO and it goes to my ice machine. But I haven’t contacted them about it because I wanted to change the refrigerators and see if that ice machine was the problem. It turned out that it wasn’t. So, I’ll contact them about that, too.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

RainSoft sent me a thing in the mail for a free thing of Tide, which I have not received. I was supposed to get that for having my water tested. I got their system and it's outside in the yard. It’s a big thing and it hasn’t much salt in it. I've had the system since October 2nd. The salesman was nice and polite. The installers were nice too, but they did not finish the job. It got dark on them. They said someone would be back the next day. But they ended up running the extension cord and they didn't leave enough wire for the next guy that came out to finish the job, so they told him they needed to rerun the wire. Another guy came out and he was very nice. The third installation guy said he knew how to fix it but he was not a certified electrician, so they won’t let him do it. He would send a certified electrician.

A month went by and went into November. The electrician finally came and he hooked it to the receptacle, but I didn't feel like the wire was buried all the way because it was dark out. I was out there with the installers when they were doing it and I said that I wanted it buried at least deep as their shovel was. They did a couple of feet then I went in. All of a sudden, they were done and I didn't see any dig marks, so I’m pretty sure they did not bury that part. They just kinda threw some dirt over it. Also, I know it’s only a couple inches because I can pull the dirt back with my hand and look. It’s only a couple inches. That’s next to the house where they had run the wire under. It's not likely that the dogs or anything will dig right there. The technicians ended up not running a new wire. I wanted them to run a new wire because if they bury it deep enough, they would have enough room.

I then had to go to North Carolina for a funeral for my nephew and I just got back. I got back like Wednesday night. I didn't know who to call after that. A technician came out but I wasn’t home then. I called my friend and told the technician that my friend was going to be there in 15 minutes. When my friend got there, there was nobody there. I called the number that the tech called me from and said I thought he was gonna bury that to which he said it was already buried. But I think he only checked the system and didn't check the spot. I haven't had a chance to get out there and dig around myself to see. I’m terrified of electricity. Other than to fix the light switch, I’m fine with it. But I’m gonna have a friend of mine come over and kinda dig around out there and see. I guess I could unplug it and then dig around. That would probably be a smart thing to do.

Since having my system installed, I can tell a difference. Everything feels slick like for the shower and the dishes. Somebody was buying salt and I inquired about which salt to buy. He said that he didn't like that thing. It made everything feel slimy because it felt like you couldn't get the soap rinsed off. But it becomes a good feeling after you do it a couple of times. It feels like you’re clean.

Original review: July 29, 2019

Bottom Line: We purchased a complete home softener/conditioner water system from RainSoft of Huntsville. After 3 days of use, we've found it to be awesome. Softener/Conditioner Product: The EC5-100-V system provides the whole house with softened and conditioned water - the girls love the soft skin feeling and no longer need conditioner when shampooing. We are using less soap across the board for hands, sink, dishwasher, showers, clothes washing - it is like our soaps are now supercharged. Use less - get more suds!

Drinking Water Product: Our under sink filter (reverse osmosis) provides the purest drinking water we've ever tasted - beats any bottled water we've tried. We've noticed that our Keurig coffee tastes better too. We also find ourselves drinking more water each day - a good thing. Purchase & Installation: We invited the owner (Mr. Randy Williams) of RainSoft Huntsville out for a demonstration. We were a bit skeptical at first, but the demonstrations done by Mr. Williams actually won us over into believing the RainSoft product would improve our water throughout our home. We purchased their top of the line system and Mr. Williams set up its installation for that afternoon.

The installer Mr. Doug **, arrived exactly as promised by Mr. Williams. He set up shop in our driveway and was very efficient installing our system. I cannot recall him making a motion that wasn't thought out and needed for installation. He did the under sink Ultrafiner system first and then installed the EC-5 system in our garage. Throughout, Mr. ** explained what he was doing, how things worked and answered every question I had. As part of the EC5's plumbing, we now have a whole house shut off spigot in our garage - no more running out to the street meter to turn water off if we need!

Mr. ** gave us confidence that we purchased a quality product backed by an honorable business owner. He has worked for RainSoft of Huntsville for over 15 years and spoke highly of the owner. Not often an installer will sincerely do that. Summary: If you are considering a water treatment system for your home - getting a demo from RainSoft of Huntsville is a wise move. We live in Madison, AL and have a great water utility, but this RainSoft system took our good water and made it awesome.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RainSoft - a Pentair Company?

Original review: April 1, 2020

We love the system. We're kinda spoiled on it. But we had had problems on and off for a couple years. It was because the system was older. We either had to pay more money to keep fixing it or upgrade the system. It was really weird when it wasn't working so we ended up upgrading. The two guys who came out did a good job.

Original review: March 27, 2020

The water we were having was really slimy. We couldn’t get the soap bubbled up in the shower. The girl at the trade show that we talked to said, “Well, we got the thing for you.” And the guy came out and gave us a good sales pitch and he put it in the next week and I’ve been happy. Ever since we had RainSoft put in I’ve had great showers. The water’s taste is great. I hardly use any salt. My wife and I had about 60 pounds of salt in the house. Before we had it changed and I’ve only put in one 20-pound bag since the last time I had to put in. It was about four months ago so we’re happy.

It’s working out really well but I had to learn the hard way that when the power goes out, it loses the time so I had to go and reset that myself. I thought it automatically holds all the information, all the programming, but it doesn’t hold the actual time of day. It was out for about five hours and I wake in the morning and it started to regenerate because the power was out for so long. But other than that I love our RainSoft.

Original review: March 20, 2020

My wife liked Rainsoft when we were looking for a water softener and happened to be in Home Depot. The installers were great. However we were having a little bit of a problem with it, but I think it was because it hadn't cycled all the way through but I think it’s fine now.

Original review: March 18, 2020

We had Anderson Water System since around 2008 and when it had problems, the parts couldn't be replaced anymore. The salesman came and said that they were now selling RainSoft. I thought it was kinda weird that when he tested my Anderson water that it had a high number compared to the osmosis thing, which had zero. He was the one that sold us the other system and he was a good guy. When my husband was alive, we went down to North Carolina and North Carolina is built on sand and it was all soft water. I noticed that when we got down there, my eczema was gone. So I wanted soft water in the house and got the whole house system, not just the drinking water, and it cost 5,000.

We have baseboard water heat and I love the water softener because the scum doesn't build up in the pipes. Also, I like that it takes salt instead of potassium. Potassium is $30 a bag, while salt is around 5 a bag. And it's less maintenance. I don't have to pay the $45 a year warranty fee because it's under warranty forever. It sounded like a great deal. We live on one of the finger lakes and the house is gonna be my daughter's someday, so I'm trying to keep everything in good shape and the RainSoft is a great investment. The installer was a very friendly and interesting guy. And he knew what he was doing. I really love the water softener. A lot of people won't spend the money, but I can't go back to that old scumming.

I also got a separate thing just for the drinking water. It's on the sink. The guy told me to drink a big glass in the morning and at night and I'll sleep. I didn't believe him. I said that if I drink that water, I'd be up all night going to the bathroom. He said that it doesn't make you do that. And it's true. I am sleeping better. I used to be up about every hour, but now, I've been sleeping two and a half hours in a row. I'm very pleased. Moreover, my water is now the best tasting water and I'm not a water drinker.

Original review: March 17, 2020

We did a home water test through our town and RainSoft tagged our mailbox. Then, we gave them a sample and they called within the next day or two. The guy who came out was very knowledgeable and professional. He showed us everything we needed to see and explained everything very well. The installation took about half a day. We got a big house, which is 3,000 square feet, and the kitchen is on one and the access door is on the other end of the building. The installer had to go up under the house. We just had a crawl space. Since we've had the system installed, the water is all I drink. I use the alkaline. We bought a bunch of plastic bottles from Walmart and my wife fills them up every other day. We’ve got 12 in there and I drink 4 a day.

RainSoft - a Pentair Company expert review by Greg Chick

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems is a company that offers residential customers water and air purification services. The company is headquartered in Elk Grove Village, IL, and they serve customers throughout the world.

• Convenience: There are hundreds of dealers across the world that can install RainSoft products, so the company is a convenient choice for customers throughout many parts of the United States and the world.

• Complimentary water test: The company provides customers with complimentary water tests to see if they are good candidates for water treatment or filtration.

• Taste and smell: RainSoft guarantees that their product will reduce unwanted smells and tastes in consumers' water, which makes it better to drink, wash food with, cook with and bathe in.

• Safe filtration methods: RainSoft uses activated carbon filtration, which is a method that has been deemed safe for use by the Environmental Protection Agency, and they do not use any harsh chemical products in their purification process.

• Movable: The filtration systems manufactured by RainSoft can be moved from home to home, which means customers can take their system with them when they move and that they do not have to purchase multiple systems if they end up choosing to live in multiple homes.

• Best for: Homeowners with hard water, homeowners near a compromised water supply and rural customers using well water.

by Greg Chick Water Treatment Systems Contributing Editor

Greg Chick has worked as an entrepreneur for over 40 years with a background in plumbing, irrigation, pools and water heating. He is a member of Green Plumbers USA, International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials and American Society of Plumbing Engineers. Greg works to educate residential consumers about quality plumbing products.

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems Company Information

RainSoft - a Pentair Company
    1953
    101 S. Gary Avenue
    Roselle
    IL
    www.rainsoft.com

Get the news you need delivered to you

Sign up to receive our free weekly newsletter. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.

You’re signed up

We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.