4.61/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Since 1953, RainSoft has been a worldwide leader in providing families with premium water treatment and air purification systems. RainSoft is dedicated to designing, manufacturing and offering the industry's most diverse product line of water and air solutions for families like yours.

Our corporate Customer Focus Team ensures that each and every RainSoft customer is satisfied and exceeds every expectation. If you have a question, comment or concern, we encourage you to contact us directly at 1-800-RAINSOFT and ask to speak with our customer service group.

A leader in the water treatment industry since 1953, RainSoft takes the worry out of water.

RainSoft, A Division of Aquion, Inc. Video
RainSoft, A Division of Aquion, Inc. Gallery (1)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

2149 RainSoft Water Treatment Systems Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

RainSoft has been great and the person who sold it to us, Carlos, was amazing. I got the new little boxes on the sink and I also have the total house softener. Since having the system installed, the dryness of my skin has gone down tremendously. I was a big tap water drinker so I did not really notice a lot from a taste perspective but from a peace of mind perspective, I feel a lot better drinking RainSoft water.

Get expert buying tips about Water Treatment Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

My husband picked up a card at Home Depot and filled it out, and then we got a call from a RainSoft representative. A guy named Drew came and he did an amazing job. It was just a very good experience. It was very informative, low-key and low pressure. He went through the reverse osmosis under the sink and water conditioning systems and we've purchased both. Since installing RainSoft, I’ve been having more peace of mind that we're not using the very contaminated water that we had. We’re enjoying having RainSoft for health benefits and we're looking forward to a lot of positive things about it.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

We have really hard water and we’ve had to replace a lot of our appliances because of it, so we began looking into getting a water treatment system. The RainSoft sales representative who came out was great. He was very knowledgeable and easy to talk to, and there was no high pressure, so we felt really good about the experience. At one point, I thought about checking with somebody else, but after the presentation, I felt like we were doing the right thing going with RainSoft. We got the water infiltration system that goes for the house and we also did the drinking water. The installation experience was also very good and it took around three or four hours. Since having the system, there has absolutely been a difference in our water.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

My husband went to get a filter at Home Depot for our refrigerator. This girl had set-up a little desk and she was chatting away. We found out it was about the water and she asked if we wanted a free water evaluation. We thought we were in good shape as we had a filter under the sink and used a faucet on the top of the sink that we used for any filtered water we wanted to drink. The rep from RainSoft was wonderful. He gave us all the time in the world. He didn’t act rushed, answered any question we had, and knew his product. He was just great. We got the whole house water conditioning system and then they have a separate one which absolutely filters the water out all the lead and the chlorine.

The installer came a day after we had paid for it, which is really nice because we were gonna wait 10 days. He knew what he was doing and answered all our questions. The service is great. Since having RainSoft, there’s a softness on our skin whenever we shower. We would tell others to go ahead and buy from RainSoft if they feel like they can afford it. We hedged on the price. My husband did that. But then RainSoft said they’ve got a couple of demonstrators that they use at fairs and at home fairs and they just go back in the box. So we paid less than what they offered, and they negotiated with us. I would also tell others that we’re thrilled with the system. Our health is really better using it, and I’ve also noticed in cleaning that we don’t get the suds that people get in the shower and have to clean up. Also, our shower is much cleaner.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

First of all we did enjoy the system. It did improve the quality of the water and help with skin issue my children were experiencing. Our issue was with how the release line that was ran through the attic. The line was improperly installed and with it causing the line to crimp over a rafter and when it released the pressured water at night it cause nearly 3000 dollars worth of damage. We tried to file this with Home Depot and they use the RainSoft company to determine the cause and it was determined by Rainsoft who installed it that it was a defective line.

That was not what I saw when I check it was crimped over a rafter which more than likely to be the cause of line to crack. I was also told to claim it on my insurance which my deductible was half the amount to avoid insurance premiums from going up. It was all out of pocket. Again would have bought another one since we left it in our rental property and was planning to buy another but have serious reservation due to the installation issue that occurred.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RainSoft, A Division of Aquion, Inc.?

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

I needed good purification and some people at work and some friends told me that RainSoft is the best system out there. I had the water softener installed and our water has been very good since. Pure water is the best and if you are somebody who showers but doesn't have a RainSoft system, the water feels very hard. But the water feels different now that I have RainSoft. When I take a shower, I don't wanna come out.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

When the RainSoft guy came over, I was so amazed at what he presented. He was very informative and friendly. It was quite an experience and I was very surprised at how the water was. I purchased the water conditioning system at my well and the one for my washer and dryer. The third day after installing RainSoft, I could notice the difference when I was taking a shower. My skin is really slippery-like and it's just so much better.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

The RainSoft sales rep was good, and they did a good job in the installation of our home water filtration system. Everything is okay.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

I've had hard water and since having the RainSoft system installed, the water has been a lot softer. I can feel it and we don’t get buildup on our glasses. Also, RainSoft has been good about coming and servicing my system.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

We drink a lot of water but when we moved to Florida, we realized we couldn't drink the faucet water so we were buying a lot of water in the store. That was one reason for which we had already considered getting a water system. But my wife set up the initial meeting with RainSoft to have the water tested and having the water tested and seeing what was in it cemented the fact that we needed to get it done. The representative went through a lot of different examples and showed us the difference between what was coming out of the sink and what could be coming out of the sink if we got the service. He was very knowledgeable and he even tested our bottled water because I wanted to know what was in that as well.

We got the second tier product that was to do with the softener and the installer was very friendly and personable. I thought it was gonna be hard to find those blocks of salt that I needed for the water softener but it was easy. So everything's running fine and smoothly. Everything is great. The system conditions the water and removes the impurities for the whole house. The water itself tastes different which is a plus because I would never drink faucet water. We also have an ice maker so that definitely helps to always have cold water. We don't have to worry about purchasing gallons in bottled water anymore.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

We have to have a water softener where we live and we had someone from Home Depot come out when we moved to a new house. The representative that came was great, although the problem that I have with RainSoft is the way that they described the financing. It was very misleading and when my husband and I got the bill, we wound up paying more. We owed more than what we originally financed because of the interest charges. We were paying more in interest, $113, and $13 is going to the principal. It has to change the way that it is directed to the customer. I paid it off last week with all my tax return and commissions my husband had, so I won't get stuck with that bill.

Either it was not explained well enough or the rep was not well-versed in what he was talking about as far as the financing part goes. I had financed everything else with no interest for five years, equal payments, and I was expecting RainSoft to be something similar to that, but I got the bill and I had a heart attack. The financing thing threw me for a loop and turned me off to it. They are really expensive, but we are really happy with. We set the system up the day after we moved in and I could definitely tell a difference.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

We had hard water and I wanted to protect my appliances and everything. Setting up a consultation with RainSoft was fairly easy. I just set up the appointment online, and the rep showed up at the appropriate time and did his spiel. He was very professional. He said it would take about an hour, and he was right on-point with that. I knew what the report was gonna come out based on the municipal water analysis, and his findings were nearly identical to that. He did a very good job of explaining everything that he did.

I got a water softener and conditioner from RainSoft and two installers showed up. There was a water softener that had been previously at the residence prior to us moving in. The piping was already there. So, they were in and out there in half an hour. They were super quick and efficient. And they were both very professional as well.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

Setting up the appointment with RainSoft went fine and the representative that came to my home for the consultation was good. He showed me the difference and what the actual benefits of having the system were. I purchased the outdoor box thing. However, the installation team was not so hot. They didn’t hook up my unit correctly and they made a big mess in my front yard, burying in the pipes or wires that they needed to do. I contacted the place because it was giving me an alarm all the time because it wasn’t hooked up correctly.

They sent someone out who said that a part was bad, and they set me up in another appointment for someone to come out and replace that part. The guy came out to replace the part and said that it wasn’t the part that was bad, it just wasn’t hooked up right. All in all, it took me two weeks to get it installed because I was waiting on other people to come out to verify and fix the problems that weren’t completed right the first time. I see no difference whatsoever since having the system installed and I don’t know if the water is cleaner. It doesn’t even feel like it has changed at all.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

We heard about RainSoft Water Treatment Systems through a friend of ours who had their system installed. We set up our consultations with the sales representatives over the phone and they've been very good in helping us. They were able to schedule a time that worked well for us. The person who came to us for our consultation was good too. He knew his products and helped us find the one that worked best for us. We purchased the full RO System for our drinking water and the salt system for the rest of the house. The installation team was good as well and they explained the system to us. Since we’ve had the system installed, our water has been better and softer.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

Don’t waste your money. We paid the system off in December and it took a crap by February. Service is $165 a hr plus parts. The WORST customer service, they just want your money. I seriously recommend looking elsewhere for your money.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

My parents have a RainSoft system and I grew up with soft water my whole life. And I mentioned it to my girlfriend. We wanted to do a test to see how soft our water was already and had a water test done through Home Depot, but the water ended up being hard. Our interactions with RainSoft's sales rep were great. He was very personable, on time and answered all our questions. It was an all-around good experience. The demonstrations were very good and the information was very clear and concise. We bought the whole home system and the reverse osmosis filter underneath the sink as well. However, after the part where they gimmick you into a bunch of gift cards, the gift cards are not necessarily gift cards per se.

The installation was quick and prompt. I was not there, but my girlfriend was. She said they came in and explained to her how to use the system. With it, the water spots on our shower door aren’t as evident. And you can definitely feel a difference in the shower as well. Also, my girlfriend complained about dry skin before and now, I don’t think she has complained as much. We’ve recommended RainSoft. The system is expensive to buy, but it is an investment for your health. It’s also beneficial for the longevity of the appliances in the home.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

RainSoft called me and it was pretty good setting up my consultation with their rep. The sales rep who came out explained everything to us and everything made sense. Then, they did the installation quick and did everything. Since the installation, there’s a big difference in the drinking water.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

Our water stunk and I know that my dad had a water treatment system when we were in a Lauderhill Lake 30 years ago. The guy that showed us the RainSoft Water Treatment system was nice and knowledgeable. The installation guy was nice too. He asked me where I wanted it. Some of the old sediment got caught up in one of the pipes in the kitchen though but he fixed it. He was very professional. Since having the treatment system installed, the difference in my water has been night and day. I can get a cup of water right from the drinking faucet now. I would recommend RainSoft.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

My wife wanted a water treatment system because of the hard water that we had. Setting up a consultation with RainSoft was easy. They called and set up a meeting over the phone. The rep who came was very personable and friendly. Thereafter, we had a water treatment system installed in our basement. The tech came out and installed everything quickly. He then went through a little tutorial with me. Since then, water has definitely been softer and it doesn't leave as much soap or hard water stains anywhere. I didn't have any issues to deal with after installation and things have been great.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

We went to Home Depot, and RainSoft was saying that they will do free water softening test so we gave our name. A representative came and he said that he would do the free water softening test. He was nice and his knowledge about the RainSoft products was good. He showed us some chemicals and some turbidity in our water. We ended up purchasing a product, which was expensive. However, when we installed the system, we found that it’s salt water, and soap doesn’t go out from our skin easily. We can still feel that we have more soap in our skin. Overall, I’m very satisfied with RainSoft but the price is too much.

RainSoft asked for one or two reference addresses, so the reps can go and give presentations to people. They said those people will also get a $50 voucher for having the same presentation. The RainSoft rep also said that even if those people would not buy their product, but attended the full presentation, they are entitled to a voucher. One of my relatives booked that presentation but did not get any voucher.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

We researched about water and filtration systems through the internet because of the hardness of the water that we had. It was a good experience setting up an appointment with RainSoft. The scheduling worked out perfect. We purchased the soft water system along with the reverse osmosis and the installation went everything like it was scheduled all in one day. Since having the system installed I can see a difference in the maintenance cost going down as far as plumbing and less soap detergent consumption. I would definitely recommend it. With the quality of water we have now, it feels good in our body when we shower. Our clothes comes out softer and cleaner. And overall, that’s what it's supposed to do when you have a soft water system.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

My boyfriend is into water treatment systems and we got water filters from RainSoft. Since the filters were installed, there is no chlorine in our water.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

We were aware the water was very hard. It's not good water. We needed a water system so we got one. With RainSoft, the commitment, workmanship, presentation, everything was really good. We got the full treatment system with the air treatment. The installation took two and a half hours and it went very good. We now have clean water. No chlorine smell. No dry skin. Very nice for hairs and no cooking smell in the house. We just apply the products with the system and they're very good. The soaps and the cleaning product are also very good. And overall, the company who installed the system is very good.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

I had a great experience with RainSoft. When I was setting up my consultation with them, I had a note telling them to call me when the sales rep was on her way. However, that note never got passed to the person that was coming to do the consultation. I ended up getting home a little late and had to work later on. I had to leave so I wouldn’t have been able to do the full consultation. Still, the rep came back two days later and the appointment worked better. Getting the system was was awesome and the water treatment test revealed a lot of sediments in the water which was disturbing. Installing the water softener was quick and easy but the team that installed it left a little bit of dust around. Still, since the system was installed, there has been less build-up of sediments on my showers.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

We had some stains in our toilet and our washer wasn’t operating properly. We were on well water and we suspected we might have some hard water issues. We took a water sample and sent it to RainSoft. Then, they called and set up an appointment. The guy came out and did some tests. He showed us and provided some suggestions. We purchased the treatment system and the installation team put it in. But there was a little confusion. The consultant that came out first said that we could do things that in actuality they just couldn't do because there were some space limitations. So, he could not have oversold it a little bit, but it still worked out fine. Now, I have the confidence of knowing that it's gonna be better for our washing machine, our water heater, and things like that.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

We had our water tested and just as suspected, the water was horrible. Setting up a consultation with RainSoft's sales rep was really easy. There were a couple of trial and error things though. We had gotten the $8,500 top of the line thing. Scheduling the installation appointment worked out really well. They said they were gonna be here and they were.

However, I wish RainSoft had let us know that if we wanted to have a concrete pad poured, we had to contact someone to do it. I don’t like the fact the product is just sitting on the ground. I'd rather we had a concrete pad for the product to sit on, like an air conditioning unit does, so that the product stays level, which is important. And when they come to change out the one tank, it would be easier. They don’t have to dig anything out. They would just remove the tank and that would be it. The installers were good though. They came out and worked hard. It was raining and the ground was muddy. They had to dig a trench to bury some pipe. They did a good job, but probably not as good a job as they normally would have under better conditions. I would tell others to definitely go for RainSoft.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

We knew that the area had hard water. RainSoft called us to schedule a time. They came out initially just to educate us on what we were going to purchase. Within the week, they were there to install the system, and then they had someone come and follow up, after they made sure that the program was working properly. It was efficient and timely.

We got the whole house system and drinking water. We purchased those on a Saturday, and RainSoft was there Tuesday to set it up. However, they told us it would be about two to three hours when it was really closer to seven, eight hours. We now have better quality overall. I noticed it when it comes to bathing and washing my hair and when doing laundry, the stains come out better. Also, there are less hard water marks on the sink, shower and the dishwasher. I would recommend RainSoft.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

We just moved to Florida and I had grandkids coming so I wanted to test the water. We did the water test through Home Depot and the rep called and asked what time would work for the consultation. He came to our house and talked to my husband and me. He was very thorough, explained a lot and gave us a lot of information. He ran all the tests in all the water we had around the house, including the bottled water that we had. It was impressive. We purchased the whole RainSoft set and the installers were excellent. They came out and did a quick job. Now the water is clearer and it tastes much better. There are no hard water stains in the sinks and we're happy with it. It's an excellent system.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

The consultation with the RainSoft rep was awesome. She was funny, courteous, nice and informative. The installer came out 25 hours after the consultation, and he was great, very nice and explained everything to my daughter three times to make sure that she understood so she could tell us. Since having RainSoft, the water tastes better but I’m still having the hard water spots. Still, the experience was good with RainSoft and I recommended it.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

Dealing with RainSoft’s rep came out all right and I got their complete water treatment system. The cost was a little high but it might be worth it and, so far, the system is working pretty well. The water is cleaner, it smells and feels better.

RainSoft, A Division of Aquion, Inc. expert review by Greg Chick

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems is a company that offers residential customers water and air purification services. The company is headquartered in Elk Grove Village, IL, and they serve customers throughout the world.

• Convenience: There are hundreds of dealers across the world that can install RainSoft products, so the company is a convenient choice for customers throughout many parts of the United States and the world.

• Complimentary water test: The company provides customers with complimentary water tests to see if they are good candidates for water treatment or filtration.

• Taste and smell: RainSoft guarantees that their product will reduce unwanted smells and tastes in consumers' water, which makes it better to drink, wash food with, cook with and bathe in.

• Safe filtration methods: RainSoft uses activated carbon filtration, which is a method that has been deemed safe for use by the Environmental Protection Agency, and they do not use any harsh chemical products in their purification process.

• Movable: The filtration systems manufactured by RainSoft can be moved from home to home, which means customers can take their system with them when they move and that they do not have to purchase multiple systems if they end up choosing to live in multiple homes.

• Best for: Homeowners with hard water, homeowners near a compromised water supply and rural customers using well water.

Profile picture of Greg Chick
Greg Chick Water Treatment Systems Contributing Editor

Greg Chick has worked as an entrepreneur for over 40 years with a background in plumbing, irrigation, pools and water heating. He is a member of Green Plumbers USA, International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials and American Society of Plumbing Engineers. Greg works to educate residential consumers about quality plumbing products.

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems Company Information

RainSoft, A Division of Aquion, Inc.
1953