4.7/5 (379 ratings)

About RainSoft Water Treatment Systems

RainSoft manufacturers and sells water conditioning and water filtration systems for residential customers. A water expert can visit your home for a free water analysis. RainSoft offers solutions for whole-home hard water conditioning to improve bathing, washing dishes and doing laundry. The company also focuses on drinking water solutions to improve water taste and clarity.

Pros

• Referral program
  • Limited lifetime warranty
  • Free in-home water analysis
  • Energy-efficient options

Cons

• No salt-free softeners
  • Pricing not available online

Bottom Line

RainSoft offers traditional, salt-based water softeners and drinking water carbon filtration systems. Customers can visit the website to schedule a free in-home water analysis and find a local dealer to get a quote.

Top RainSoft Water Treatment Systems Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about RainSoft - a Pentair Company?

Verified

We did a home water test through our town and RainSoft tagged our mailbox… The guy who came out was very knowledgeable and professional. He showed us everything we needed to see a...

Verified

So far, everything is working out very good with our RainSoft… My husband and I decided that we wanna try it out. And so far, we love it. The sales rep was very good and helpful. ...

What is RainSoft?

RainSoft produces water conditioning and water filtration systems intended for the whole home or a single point of use. The company offers a free in-home water analysis for those unsure of what they need in their homes.

RainSoft offers three water softener systems that address hard water issues:

• The EC5 is a premium, computer-controlled, whole-home water softener system that is available in various configurations to fit your needs. It connects to the RainSoft Remind app for low salt notifications and filter change reminders. The system automatically responds to your water use, and the computer control saves water, salt and electricity.
  • The EC5-CAB system saves on salt and water consumption by using shorter cycles based on home water use. It comes with an easy-to-read display and distinctive alarm tones. You can customize the system’s functions to fit your family’s needs, and it's designed to deliver an uninterrupted supply of conditioned water.
  • The TC-M series is available in various configurations to fit your home. It's energy-efficient and self-cleaning, and the high flow rates deliver a consistent supply of water.

For drinking water purification, RainSoft offers:

• The Ultrefiner II is RainSoft’s premium drinking water system. It uses three high-quality, multistage filters to purify tap water and remove small particles, lead, copper, chromium, VOC and chlorine. It comes with a lead-free faucet. The cartridge is interchangeable, which creates less waste than systems that require the whole filter to be removed.
  • The Hydrefiner II reduces chlorine and other particles that cause bad taste and odors. Each cartridge treats up to 830 gallons of water.

RainSoft also sells problem-specific filters to address individual water issues and systems, including the CleanStart laundry system, which oxidizes tap water to disinfect clothes.

How does the RainSoft system work?

RainSoft water conditioner systems soften water for the whole home using a salt-based ion exchange process powered by electricity. The systems are installed where the water enters your home from the municipal supply. Some systems are designed to provide a continuous supply of softened water, while others have computerized controls that respond to your family’s water use and produce softened water on demand.

While many of the models have self-cleaning and regeneration cycles, most also require filter changes, adding salt and some maintenance. Models come with replacement reminder alarms or connect to an app that alerts you when the system needs attention.

RainSoft water softener cost

RainSoft doesn’t disclose its water softener prices on its website. Its products are available for purchase through local dealers, so if you’re interested in buying a RainSoft system, contact a local dealer for a free in-home water analysis and quote.

RainSoft FAQ

How long do RainSoft water softeners last?
RainSoft water softeners are built to last for years. All systems come with a limited lifetime warranty. You or your service provider will need to replace filters or cartridges and perform maintenance on the system.
Does RainSoft remove lead?
RainSoft water filtration systems that employ carbon filters, such as the Ultrefiner II and Hydrefiner II, remove lead. Water softeners do not remove lead.
Does RainSoft remove chlorine?
RainSoft’s drinking water systems, the Ultrefiner II and Hydrefiner II, reduce chlorine using carbon filtration. RainSoft water softeners do not remove chlorine.

Is RainSoft worth it?

RainSoft offers several solutions for home water softening and drinking water filtration and has systems that can be combined for maximum performance. For customers experiencing multiple water issues, a RainSoft water expert helps determine the problems and customize a home system configured to solve them all.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RainSoft Water Treatment Systems?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about RainSoft - a Pentair Company?

Original review: April 10, 2022

We had two other companies come in. When Matt came in, the rep of RainSoft, he was the last one for the day and we immediately connected with him more than the other guys. The other guys felt like they were pushing us to buy, so we didn't like it. Matt was very personable. Also, Rainsoft is a treatment system that we didn't even know we wanted.

It was funny because he said, "You tell me what you guys want and I'll help you out. Do you want the short, sweet version or do you want the long drawn-out everything?" We had just had two long drawn-out ones for the last two and a half hours so, we went, "Short and sweet is wonderful." But we still wanted him to test the water and do the key points to compare Rainsoft with the others. They all came out the same. The only difference was something about the way he did it and what came out was much better in the way he did it. He even tested our pool and said, "Your pool water is safer to drink than your home water." He got a phone call and said, "I hate to do this, but this is a family situation. Do you mind if I take this?" My wife said, "Let him take it." He took the call because my wife wanted to talk. It was perfect timing. When he came back in, my wife said, "I want it. How soon can we get it?"

We fell in love with a handful of the natural supplies that came with it. Some of them, we didn't really need it. Matt said he was going to swap them out for us. The multi-purpose cleaner, you could do different levels of concentration and it really cleans. The kitchen cleaner, that's one of those where we're like, "We'll use it until it's gone." But it has a nice lemon scent to it, but we can't really tell if it's doing anything. The glass cleaner works wonderfully. We love it.

The guy that came out and installed asked me what I wanted, where I wanted it, and he even cleaned up after himself. He was great, efficient and very nice. Did a great job and it looks clean. It's done well. It's not an eyesore. From the third day we had this, it was an instant wow. Huge change, significantly better. We have noticed that we use way less shampoo, less soap, laundry detergent. Skin is softer, we feel better. The hardest part is trying to get used to when you wash your hands. It still feels like you have soap on your hands. But the dishes are dry when they're done. It's amazing.

Get buying tips about Water Treatment Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2021

The rep was very knowledgeable and had a lot of good information for us. He was here on Friday, and they were out here Saturday morning putting the system in. They were on the ball and Johnny-on-the-spot. They spent all day that Saturday putting it in with two guys. And they did an excellent job. They drilled a little purification tap by the sink faucet in the kitchen. That way, we can get pure water out of that. Because these old faucets are so crusty until we get them replaced.

After a couple of days, we noticed a difference in the taste and how it looked. It didn't have high iron, hydrochloric gas. And the water was eroding the rocks on the property, there were rock crystals forming in the water and they have corroded all of the bathroom faucets and fixtures to where they aren't working. We have to replace them all because that well water damaged everything, even the garbage disposal. They are all rusted out and our home warranty doesn’t even cover them. The house is only 15 years old.

This one does the whole house. It's more expensive, but how many times do we want to replace our fixtures over the years? Calcification and iron deposits, and that smell of that gas coming out of the sink. We aren’t getting to it in time. The fixtures were out so bad that the faucets are leaking and we can't even run the Jacuzzi tub water anymore. The fixtures just are worn out and the parts are broken off from the rock in the water.

We didn't know RainSoft would provide service to come out and bring the 40-pound bags of salt. And we had ordered one. So, we were wondering how in the world we were going to haul these bags we were told to get at the store. Then we have to take a scoop and scoop it in little by little. But one plumber came over that day and he lifted up the 40-pound bag and poured it in for us. He was so kind to do that. We made a comment online to the RainSoft that we wish they would allow their customers to order directly from them and have someone come and service it and put it in because it's too much for us being seniors. They said they could do that, but they didn't make it well-known upfront.

We couldn't get door-to-door shipment from Lake Worth because they said, “Just come pick it up.” We had this guy from the store put it in the car because it was too much for us. But when we get it in the trunk, then how are we going to get it in the house? We have to drag it all the way and maybe tear the bag. It did not sound very feasible and it is a lot of struggle to do it the hard way. It costs a little more to have RainSoft service, but they will reset the system when we don't know how to do that, when they add the salt bags to it. So, we're very pleased that they have that service. Get the RainSoft. It solved our problem and we would recommend it to anybody. We're very happy with it.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2021

When I moved here, I want to start afresh. RainSoft called us from Home Depot and they wanted to come and show me something. So I said, “Yeah, sure.” The company did an awesome presentation job. It wasn't just, the rep came and said, “Hey, taste this water and taste this one.” He explained what the whole water process and how the city cleans it and what we're drinking. It was very helpful. He could sell you anything. He was very patient. He answered all my questions. I had to go because I was working. He ran over his time and he wrapped it up quickly. He understood. It wasn't like he got frustrated because he had to cut his presentation in half. And the guy convinced me because at the time it was not in the budget. I buy a lot of bottled water. Not only will it save me time and money, but I wouldn't have to be worried all the time about the water I use for cooking.

The people who installed were very good. Usually, when people install things, we end up having to clean a mess. But they left everything neat and clean. It was raining that day. They even took off their shoes. They respected my home. The last person that came was the inspector to make sure everything was installed right. He answered whatever questions I had remembered to ask this time.

At first, I didn't like the water. The texture was weird to me. But now, I'm used to the water. My son likes it, and he drinks a lot of water. I just find that when the water sits where the dish rack is, it also turns pink. I figured, with the salt and the whole process, that wouldn't happen anymore. But it is happening. Almost the same as it was happening in the old house. Other than that, I'm very happy.

I know it's costly and not within my budget. I'm making extra ways of putting it into my budget. But I find it worth it. I've tried to convince my sisters, but they said, “I don't know. Let's see how you feel in six months.” So the price is the only thing that would deter anyone from going ahead and getting it. Other than that, it's great. I've even had a plumber come by and he has the same thing. He also sells purifiers. He could have said to me, “This is bad. Let me give you my stuff” but he said, “Hey, this is great water.” He also gave it a good rating and said that it was a wonderful idea that I did it. Because after a while, my pipes would start corroding with the kind of sewage system we have here. A lot of people should look into it. Too bad, it's not that affordable.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2021

We had a RainSoft system years ago and our water was crystal clear and drinkable on that. But a pipe busted loose and it soaked the system one night and ruined it. At the time, it was $1,500 to fix it, and financially, it wasn't in our budget, so we went with Culligan and we rented one. We had it for several years and I finally just bought it off rather than paying monthly. We had to call again and I was looking for someone to come and tell me what was wrong with ours. The water smelled and our tub and toilet were turning brown. We were on a well. Also, my wife has digestive issues, and we felt the water was doing part of that. We had bought a water cooler-heater kind of deal, but we started to see about a water softener. I got online and somehow I ended up at HomeAdvisor and they gave me RainSoft's number and I called.

We couldn't remember what we had had prior to. When they said RainSoft, it rang a bell in my head and it was the first one we had and we really liked. The representative tested our water and we decided to go ahead and buy a new one. We just had it for about 30 days or so. I paid all my bills online and I actually forgot about it. I let it slide by me until the 8th and I woke up that morning thinking that I listed it on my computer as Aqua. It came up with some other name that I'd saved the page to. I made a payment on it then I got a phone call about three hours later at work from a man from Aqua Finance.

I knew he was calling to ask why I hadn't made a payment yet. But then, he pulled up my account and said that I already did. I told him that it was coincidental that he called me that day 'cause I just made it. I hate being late. I pay prior to before I'm late and I was late on my very first payment. He was so easy to talk to, gracious, and he apologized for even calling me. Since having it, the water is not as smelly. We also got our tub back to white and it's staying white, so that's really a good deal. More importantly, my wife is doing good. I might have saved a little bit of money with Culligan, but I was already sold out to RainSoft from my first experience, so I was really happy with it.

I just wish we'd move 30 days faster because we've been dealing with it for several years and we finally got to a point and think that maybe it's the water. I went and spent $200, $300 to buy this cooler water just before we got ahold of RainSoft and we haven't used it since. I could have saved a couple hundred dollars. Then I didn't quite understand their financing. It's like a credit card versus a regular bill. They said that the paperwork they sent was a credit card. I paid off $150. I'm not gonna pay $30 a month. If I get that paid off, I got a one or two saying that they'll come and check it in two years. But now, the rep said it was $190, and they do a check up on it and change the seals. I wanted to know if they put that on that card, or is it a revolving account that we would have with them or is it was we pay it off, does that card deal end. But then it is not really important to me because we just paid them.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2021

The rep from RainSoft said that she was giving me this price but once she walks out the door, he couldn’t give me this price again. So, it was a high-pressure sale and very expensive, and we didn't get to shop around. But the rep was following the process she was taught to follow. I've been in sales most of my life so I get it. I loved her and had a blast with her. She was funny and we were like minded so we had lots of sidebar conversations and laughing and joking and carrying on. She was wonderful.

The system takes up a lot of space underneath our kitchen sink because we did the double filter system for the drinking water. But it's not a big deal. We even took the filter for the ice and cold water out of the refrigerator because our refrigerator can run without it and it was almost like the filter that's in the fridge ruined the expensive filtered water. We constantly had stuff floating in our water from the ice melting before we got the system. We don't now. Ice stays nice and clear. I’ve noticed the difference in how the water feels. There are 15 years’ worth of water deposits on my last shower door and I couldn't get it off. But now, I don't have any new water deposits anywhere.

I'm very glad that we got the system with all the crap in the water everywhere. We even saw it and I feel better that I'm drinking filtered water. But RainSoft’s price is still way too expensive. The pressure got to us and we didn't want to be drinking any more of that water that we just saw tested. Also, last minute, they threw in all these free products that you can get from this other company that say "natural" until you read the label and realize there are chemicals in there. I don't like most of the free products that they've given. They smell chemically and one of the products burned a hole in my clothes. So, even though the label says these are natural products and the title of the products has natural in it, it’s not. They are just mostly natural.

Original review: June 22, 2022

I've had a water softener for at least 30 years. Where I live, there's a lot of lime in the water. The water system I have helped to prevent buildup within the pipes. Techs come every year and they are always good and very knowledgeable. If they find something, they show me. We chat and they make recommendations. It's been a good match.

Original review: June 20, 2022

The experience during the purchase was good. They explained everything and the presentation was good. However, they had to come back twice for the installation. They didn't finish a part and another part had to be ordered. We had to wait on it. Other than that, everything’s good now. I’m drinking water from our refrigerator, and I can feel a difference when I'm washing in the shower. It feels a lot better than the hard water. If you are experiencing water well chemicals, Rainsoft is the way to go. Also, if you want to have softer clothes and the overall water experience, Rainsoft would be it.

Original review: June 19, 2022

I booked an appointment and a guy came in. He was totally believable. I watched everything that he did. He didn't hide anything. I invested and so far, I've been extremely happy and feel much better about everything - water, air, the shower, the clothes, my drinking water. What a difference. I'm so glad I did it. I have to order a charcoal filter at some point for the refiner but I'm glad I got that too because I can get water from the sink at room temperature. If I'm gonna make pasta, I use that water. I don't use the regular water. The only thing I use that regular water for is washing the dishes or cleaning the sink. Even the dishes are coming out cleaner in my dishwasher. Also, I don't have to clean the shower anymore. Water here in Florida is disgusting but the Rainsoft system has been amazing. I love it.

I'm not quite sure about how that system works though. It's in the garage with the salt blocks. I went online to see if there were salt blocks to buy but there weren't any. I called, and they said they were gonna have someone stop by, but nobody did. If there was anything that they can send me to explain how that thing works and what it does, that would be helpful.

Original review: June 18, 2022

The representative was very good and knowledgeable. She gave us different choices and we feel very comfortable with the information that she presented. As far as the installer, he was very swift and professional. Having the system, our skin feels much cleaner when we take a shower and the water tastes better. We're happy with the product.

Original review: June 17, 2022

With the RainSoft system installed, it's a lot easier to wash clothes and dishes. I don't have to use a lot of products in order to clean my dishes or clothes and my son's eczema pretty much cleared up. It's been a week of using the RainSoft system and it's been a huge difference. Also, the reps were very professional. They answered any and all questions I've had. They were there for us the entire time for me to get to know what they were doing and showed me how to maintain the system on my own. They were very thorough and made sure I knew exactly how to keep up with the system and what it did. They offered a sample pack of basic home cleaning supplies and they worked pretty well.

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems Company Information