RainSoft Water Treatment Systems

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I set up the initial appointment for RainSoft and that was fine. They left me a message and I had to call them back a couple of times, but they were very friendly and said they would come out and do the water testing and describe everything that would entail. And they were able to work with my schedule as far as the timing of the appointment. The sales rep was very nice and straightforward and he explained what he was gonna do with each test of the water and what each test would show. He took his time and wasn’t rushed and he answered any questions I had. I got the in-home water filtration system and the CleanStart for the washer. With it I don’t have to drink as much water, but the water’s better and the clothes in the washer come out cleaner. The installation team was very nice and they knew what they were doing. There was one point where water was leaking but they fixed it right away.

A representative from RainSoft stopped by to obtain a sample of our faucet water to test and then they provided us with the results. Then somebody came to do the in-house test after that. They were very informative and it was an eye-opener once we saw the test and what it did, how it could affect and how it can actually save money in the long run so it was a great experience. We got the water softener and I’ve noticed my skin is softer and my hair is smoother. Even after I wash dishes and even if I use Clorox, my hands are not nearly as dry as they were prior to installing the system. So far, we love it and we’re glad we got this investment because it’s been well worth it.

The RainSoft sales rep was very friendly and wasn't pushy. He explained the product in full detail and what all we had in our water. He ran a test and showed us what all the minerals and stuff that's in the water which made us concerned so, we got their water purification and the one for drinking water. The installer came and explained in detail about what he was doing and what we needed to do in the future. Before, we get so much sediments from what was in the water on our silverware. Now with RainSoft installed, the dishes come out of the dishwasher a lot cleaner and spot free. It was like somebody polished our silver. Also, the water is different when taking a shower. In addition, we used to have bottled water coming in and was having to pay for that every month. With the new system, we have filtered drinking water that's comparable to the distilled water that we were bringing in so, it cut our cost back. We love RainSoft.

I was very serious about water quality and I was looking to improve the quality of water in my house. I went through a couple of independent resellers and felt the best with Rainsoft and that's why I went forward with them. I had an excellent interaction with the sales rep from RainSoft. He was quite professional and very knowledgeable. I had done a lot of research initially and he confirmed a lot of the questions that I had. I did the whole house water purification system and the installation team was extremely cordial and polite and I enjoyed having them for the install. Since I had the RainSoft system installed, I have felt more comfortable and confident cooking with my tap water, giving it to my dogs, bathing in it and drinking it. I haven't had to squeegee my shower and there's not a lot of calcium carbonate build up around my appliances. I use natural products and they last longer and are more efficient now with cleaner water.

I was shopping at Home Depot for something to help my father-in-law, and somebody approached us and asked if we have anything about water treatments. I already had it in mind, and in fact, I already did a little research because we had hard water at my house. The calcium buildup on the shower, around the kitchen sink, and the bathrooms is gross. The lady who approached us said somebody would call and set an appointment with us. She'll do a water test for free. The RainSoft rep who came out did a great job. She did a great demo of the testing of the water and explaining it. She knew her stuff, and she's definitely well-experienced, which we appreciate. Since having our RainSoft system installed, showers are different. The water tastes really different as well. Overall, we love it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RainSoft, A Division of Aquion, Inc.?

We bought a house and weren't sure about the quality of the water. We wanted to make sure what we were dealing with and Home Depot had a test kit to take a sample and mail it in. RainSoft responded and sent a technician out to explain the processes and was thorough. The rep showed us how everything worked and the test results that we had in our water. He demonstrated the water coming into the house, the water system that was under the sink, explained the benefit, and everything made sense. The only thing that was questionable was the price. It happened so quick. The rep came in, spent several hours with us, and made sure that we understood what the system provided. Then at the end, I used my Home Depot account and made him raise my credit limit, so that we could put it on there until we could work out the payments.

The water quality is definitely superior. I didn't notice that it was bad before but when I use my detergents and soaps, it said that it's cleaner and it doesn't leave the chemicals behind which I'm sure of by testing with the different chemicals showing the purity level. Also, I can tell when I get out of shower that it feels different. We had one little glitch in the system after a couple of weeks, and RainSoft sent a service tech to take it out. He knew what he was doing and got right to the problem. There were four different things that could have been the problem, but he was real quick in narrowing it down and took care of it. I was very pleased with how quickly he troubleshot the problem.

I've recommended RainSoft. Someone asked me about how it was, but the price threw them off. The reason why I probably didn't say, "Give me some time to think about it," as I usually do, is because we had just spent several thousands of dollars for all new appliances down to our water heater, and I knew that good water coming into the systems would certainly extend the life of the appliances.

I used to have Rainsoft a long time ago. Then we were moving in and the welcoming committee came by and brought us a little flyer. I gave her my phone and a RainSoft rep called me. The rep came by and did a beautiful demonstration. She was very cheerful and we didn't mind having her in our home. It was a pleasant visit and it was like having a conversation with an old friend.

We were on a water softener and we also got one of the air purifiers. The installation was great and the installers didn't bother me. They did what they had to do and showed me how to test the water and how to operate the machine. It was educational and informative and everything was self-explanatory. It was a quick and pleasant experience and I feel better and happier since having the system. The water doesn't smell and when I get out of the shower, I'm not as dry and my hair is not as brittle.

A sales representative approached us in Home Depot while we're shopping for our new house and signed us up as soon as we closed. We didn't know it was RainSoft until after the water test guy came here and we got sold from there. He was really friendly and a very fun guy. He explained to us all the different chemicals and all the particulates in the water. He even made us laugh and was really entertaining. Those couple of hours seemed to really fly by. He was friendly and wasn't overly pushy on the sale. He made it really feel like our choice instead of a choice being pushed on us.

My wife got to deal with the installation team. She said that the guy was a very friendly person, though she had trouble understanding the guy because of a very strong accent. We got the full Rainsoft system that came with the six years of soap from Health360. It's amazing and we really love it. We're about to do our salt refill soon. It's been phenomenal and we're extremely satisfied.

My husband was in Home Depot and Rainsoft was presented that to him there. During the consultation, the rep did a lot of demonstrations so well that they were enlightening. My husband was not one to frivolously go into something so for the rep to sell the system to him right there alone showed he was a very good salesperson. We got all of it from Rainsoft and we’re enjoying our purchase. My husband is really very pleased because he says when he takes a shower now, his skin is a lot softer. He noticed the improvement. It’s also nice to be able to go to the faucet and get water without having to worry about any contaminants.

My water smelled bad and didn't feel right so I looked into water systems and found RainSoft. Their sales representative was quick, very knowledgeable, and very easy to work with. He did the testing at my parent's house and sold my parents a system. He was very professional and he went through everything. I didn't feel like he was trying to sell us something we didn't need. RainSoft is exactly what I needed. My sinks and toilets are not dirty and it's easier to clean stuff. The water feels way better and doesn't smell bad anymore. It's a way better experience all around.

We had hard water. We always have a ring around the toilet, as well as water spots on the shower doors, and our body was being dried out. So we set up a consultation with RainSoft, which turned out quick and easy. They asked if they could fit us in that day and we said yeah. They set everything up the same day and the presentation was so good. When they gave us the results, it was everything that was going wrong with our water that we had concerns about. So we knew that the water conditioning system was something that we really needed to get.

They took their time and resolved problems they had, got the system to work by the end of the day and definitely cleaned up after themselves. Since having the system installed, our body is not dry and it now feels like silk. When my mother-in-law was here for a couple of days, she said that it was great. And we don't have the water staining on our shower glass anymore. The toilet is getting a lot better, too. RainSoft is a great system and I highly recommend it to a lot of people.

I was at Home Depot when RainSoft approached me and asked me if they could come and test my water, and at that time I wasn’t interested. I then moved from a large home to a brand-new duplex into a different town and found that the water was extremely bad. So, I talked to Culligan but they were expensive. I then looked up RainSoft on the internet since they had approached me before. Also, I knew they had systems that were better-priced, so I called and they came out and tested my water and I then purchased a couple of systems from them.

I had the reverse osmosis system put in directly onto my refrigerator so I could have drinking water and ice. When I found out how bad the water was, I was drinking bottled water, but with the RainSoft system, the water coming out of my refrigerator tastes better and I don’t have the bottled water anymore. In fact, I noticed it immediately when they turned on the filtration system in the whole house. Additionally, I had terrible levels of chlorine in my water, and I purchased a whole house filter that they put on, which eliminated all of that. Every day I took a shower, I was overcome with the smell of chlorine, and as soon as they put that filter on and I tried it the next morning, there was no more smell of any chlorine at all.

We had a Kenmore water softener and I kept putting salt in it and I assumed it worked, and the representative from RainSoft showed me that it didn't. After I saw what Rainsoft could do for me, we went ahead and purchased it with the filtering system and we're very happy with it. Our sales rep was a local guy and we had a good experience with him. Everything is working fine and I've recommended it to friends.

The guy from RainSoft came out to my house and did a few tests on my water. I've always filtered my water and when he did the test, he shared with me that our water through our house was in really good shape. But he showed me the canister that I could put in front where my water inlet comes into the house. I put it right after the inlet valve, so all the water that runs to my house now is filtered and I like that idea. The guys that put it in were awesome. They came in and were done in a half hour. They were very professional and I appreciated everything they did. It was a worthwhile experience and I would do it again.

I was concerned about the chemicals potentially in the water and found RainSoft online. The consultation with the sales rep was great. He was extremely friendly, very prompt, and thorough. The installers were all very friendly and courteous. They worked out whatever issues there were and everything was clean from the installation standpoint. We got all of the RainSoft products including the washing machine thing, the spout for the faucet on the kitchen sink, the salt, plus the filter unit. After the installation, the water is better. Everything is good.

My wife was concerned about chemicals or iron in the water. I had a call from RainSoft after doing a water test at Home Depot and I was asked if they could send their guy out and I said yes. The sales rep who came was great, very thorough, knowledgeable, really informative, and entertaining. He did a great job. I got the two-canister water filtration system and the salt. The installation guy came and I talked to him about where the water goes then he got to work and I left him alone. Then he let me know when he was done and showed me how to use the system. He was efficient. Now, the water is easier to drink and bathing is nicer. It does what it’s supposed to do and we’re happy with it. The whole experience was excellent.

We have a well and had problems with the sulfur smell in our water. The smell had gotten so bad that I didn’t even want to give my kid a bath in the water. Setting up the consultation with RainSoft was real easy. They called and set up an appointment time, and they came out after work so we didn’t have to take off which was very convenient. The sales rep was very knowledgeable, gave us his credentials, and told us how long he’d been doing this. The installers were very easygoing, answered all of my husband's questions, and showed him exactly how to handle everything. We purchased a water treatment system and with that we got the supply of soaps. With well water, we had a lot of iron buildup on our toilets and sinks, and we don’t have any of that anymore. There’s also no more smell and I feel perfectly safe drinking the water out of the faucet.

American Home Design does a lot of work for us and they told us about RainSoft. RainSoft called ahead of time for the consultation and it was very pleasant experience with their rep. He came in, tested the city water, and we saw what was all in the water and it was disgusting. We never drank the water because we usually bought bottled water but he explained that all bottled water isn’t good either. So he tested a couple of bottles that I had and one was okay while another one wasn’t so good. He sat down, explained it all, and wasn’t pushy. At first we said no and that we couldn’t afford it. Then we tried to figure out how we can work it in and now we love it. It’s simple and the water tastes great and makes our skin feel so soft and good.

I believe in honest reviews because I use them often when determining whether or not to buy some of the more pricey things which I consider more of an investment rather than something cheap and throwaway. Let's face it, we like to know if the money we're putting out there is buying a product that lives up to its claims.

Well, like everyone here, the venture starts off with a sales pitch about the quality of the water you currently have. It surprised me when the salesman tested the water and found it to be of somewhat good quality, with middle of the road hardness. He was actually going to tell me I might not need my water treated, but I still wanted to hear more about the RainSoft EC4 System. He explained how the system worked, and it was different from units classified as water softeners. It has a small salt tank that you can load with 5 bags of salt, but the salt is only used by the conditioning system to clean the filters.

I reviewed the literature and I went online to research the product here where I found numerous recommendations. My interest grew with the positive reviews, so I went ahead and purchased the system even though my water was middle of the road hardness. No matter how good you think your tap water is, I can tell you it still has something to be desired for smell and taste in most cases. I was an avid bottled water drinker, and I can definitely tell the difference between my bottled water and tap water. Needless to say, I was going to some rather pricey bottled water every month so I figured over time this system's price can be offset some with the money I'd save from not buying bottled water.

They offer two packages in the Southern California market (and perhaps others) where you get the conditioning unit and a reverse osmosis system under the kitchen sink for the lower of the two offers. The more higher priced options also included some kind of air filtration unit and a ozone producing unit that would attach to your washer rendering any need for laundry soap (which I'm not sure if I could actually feel clean without soap washing my clothes) so I opted for the lower end, more popular package. They were able to install it in my home the very next day.

It's only been a week now and my water has never been better. It feels slippery clean on the body in the shower, and the water produced either in the reverse osmosis 3 filter system under the kitchen sink or the taps where there is no additional filtering is completely free of smell and tastes. I also don't see the spotting of anything in my dishwasher or tap water residues I usually scrub out of the sinks every few days. The water is definitely spotless on the shower doors and there's even a new spigot put on in the front of the house that will allow you to use one spigot with the untreated water for watering your plants or yard with a hose, or you can attach the hose to the treated water spigot and wash your car with a spot-free finish.

Installation was professionally done and it took about 6 hours or so. Expect installation to take place in the garage in most circumstances or wherever your main water line enters the home. I happen to have a source of power nearby, or the installer will run a line to source the power from another location at no additional charge. A PVC pipe "waste/flush" line was run along the ceiling of my garage to a point where the pipe was installed through the drywall into the drain for the washer on the other side of the wall. Keep in mind this was what was needed for my installation since I didn't have any nearby drainage sources near the unit installation. 100% professional workmanship on the pipe soldering, etc.

Don't let me forget to add that they also throw in a 5 year membership with a company that will supply you cleaning materials for an estimated "5 years" based upon the sales pitch. I can't confirm or deny that it will work out that way since I have no way of knowing how much we can actually purchase using "points" given to use for that purpose. The products are mostly concentrates that you'll add water to in order to create the end product. They gave us some free samples of each item which includes laundry, dish washing, window cleaner, general purpose cleaners, and a bar of soap.

It didn't take much concentrate to mix the products so the concentrate should last a long time, but again I can't know if it will be 5 years since that depends on many factors. I think the point is, you will use LESS cleaning supplies since your water is conditioned. I think it's safe to say you'll cut your cleaning liquids in half (again my estimate). Just my experience, but with the cleaning liquids they offered me and since I don't need to buy more bottle water, I can nearly pay for the price of the system in about 6 years.

One final note for those who want all the details. With any water system there is a small amount of maintenance. The cost of the salt, which runs on average around $7 a 40 pound bag. Don't think that will be a large cost, but you also will need to change the membrane in the main unit in the garage about every 5 years at a estimated cost of $400 from what I was told. So, that comes to about $7 a month average. Also, don't forget you need to change the 2 filters and membrane in your under sink reverse osmosis system at least annually (or up to 18 months in some circumstances) for around $75 online. Keep in mind the prices I'm providing are estimates, but should be close.

I want you to have all the information you need to make an informed purchase if you feel interested in getting one of these systems. I feel you won't regret it. The water quality will be superior. I saw one review state that it was better than "bottled" water. I concur. This system lives up to its claims. Worth mentioning is RainSoft included a Lifetime Equipment Warranty and the dealer provides a 1 year Service Warranty. It's also possible for you to take this system with you if you should move, although it may require you to obtain the services of a plumber or RainSoft dealer to make it happen since it does require some plumbing knowledge. I believe they quoted me around $400 to $500 to make that move, but CHECK with the installer for realistic costs if you plan to move anytime after your purchase and you want to take it with you.

I had a free test from Home Depot which led me to research on water treatment systems. Rainsoft then called me on the phone and when the sales rep came out, he showed us a lot of things with the water and the different uncleanliness of it. I was at work when they did the installation, but they did a good job and it looks really good. It has improved our water system so much. I no longer have the heartburn that I used to have. Our water tastes so much better and the shower feels differently now as well.

The RainSoft sales rep called and showed up, and he had a book with all kinds of data. I can only assume that it's all correct. He was very polite, took his time and answered all of my questions. His demonstration was amazing. We got the complete RainSoft package. The water is awesome. However, they've already had to come out and repair the water in our shower. But the neat thing about it is I could tell that something was wrong. So, I called them up and sure enough, there was. The difference in the water is just amazing.

I purchased a RainSoft system for the whole place and another one for the kitchen sink, and I am very pleased with it. The installation went smoothly and everything went fine. Since I had the system installed, the water is very clear and it's better than bottled water. It really tastes good. My daughter even said, "It's wonderful. We love and enjoy it."

We got a RainSoft system after the water test. The sales rep who came for consultation seemed to be very knowledgeable. He did a very thorough job about explaining what is actually in the water, where it comes from specific to our ZIP code and our water sources and it made sense to us. The installation guy was very good and worked very, very well. Now, we have done away with buying bottled water since we buy every once in a while just to have something on the go. There's also a reduction in the detergents that we buy. Also, the water that goes on the body and the lack of stuff it leaves behind on the showerhead, on the dishes and especially the silverware and the glasses, it’s not clouded anymore. RainSoft has delivered what was promised.

We needed a water softener for a lot of things, especially for washing clothes, since we live on a farm and our water is rusty. Everybody from RainSoft has been very cooperative and friendly, and we got along just fine. Since installing our system our water has not been rusty like it used to be. Everything’s working the way it’s supposed to.

We were shopping in Home Dept when a lady asked us about our water. We told her it was terrible so she hooked us up with RainSoft's sales rep who was professional, intelligent and knowledgeable. He said he was a master chemist and that he used to be over the Dallas water system. We've had serious problems with our water for 45 years. The whole water system is the worst in North Louisiana. It would stain fixtures and clothes. We took the test and he showed it to us versus what it looked like before he ran it through his little machine. He convinced us and we did the deal. Home Depot offered this closeout deal to do it that day for free soap for about five years and no sales tax. We got the full treatment plus the water under the sink which breaks it down to bottled water purity.

The installation team took a lot longer than they had planned on because the way our water comes into our home, it splits to two different pipes where one goes to one end of the house and the other goes to the other. They had to go back to the meter so they could run it to the system and back out to where it hooks up just past the meter to go down. They did a lot more work than they planned on and it took them all day. Now, the clothes are cleaner, the water tastes great and we know that we’ve got good, clean water to drink. I’d recommend it and as a matter of fact, I’m trying to get our son to get the system.

I had an old system but some friends of ours told us that I should get a new one because they did. So we got it from RainSoft and we're always liking it. It's a pretty good softener and I got the best product they had. It has value and is a lot better than my old one was. They improved it and I like that. When the installers came, they were friendly, courteous and very good. Since then, I have noticed that I got an on demand hot water heater and it's been better. It's also been hotter so it's working and it's doing a pretty good job. I'd recommend them to any friend or anybody.

Excellent service. I bought the water softener system with the salt tank for the whole house. The sales representative was great, really knowledgeable and pleasant to deal with. The installation guys were great too. Our skin quality has improved, we don't have to use lotion now and don't notice any water spots on our dishes anymore.

My wife has been trying to convince me to get treatment for our water since 1998 and then we've heard about RainSoft through our son. He got it and he kept telling us how great it was and what a difference it made in his life and his family. He called RainSoft and set us up an appointment with a rep. He was very informative. He showed us all the different things that were in the water. He's a good representative of the company. The installation team gave us a lot of information about how the whole house water system works and where they wanted to put it and where we wanted it. Then, we worked out exactly where it should be. We didn't dredge the entrance to the attic, but that's okay. We're satisfied with it.

The system made our water better. We like the reverse osmosis for our drinking and cooking water. The water's taste is different. Our drinkable water was good to begin with, but it had a few things in it and the treatment system made it better. Also, the water leaves a different feel to the body after getting out of the shower, and our clothes now come out softer and brighter after washing them. I would recommend it to anyone.

We knew we had hard water in the house as the water around the San Antonio area is really hard, so we figured to get a water treatment system. We got RainSoft's water softening system and the reverse osmosis for the kitchen sink, and the team that installed it was very good. We could definitely tell a big difference from what we used to have to what we have now. There is no more buildup around all my walls and there’s a better feeling getting out of showers. So it’s a lot better and we're loving it.

I didn't overall like the taste of our water, especially drinking from the faucet. It was unbearable and I've always heard Florida water was bad so I wanted to check out what's going on with it and did the Home Depot water testing for free. I took that home, tested my water, and sent it off. Then they called me and gave me my details and my numbers on how the quality of my water was. They had a guy come out who did a demonstration and showed us what's going on with our water. He recommended RainSoft so we went with that, got our unit, and we're loving it so far.

The sales rep was very thorough, enthusiastic and attentive. He kept our attention the entire time, helped guide us through, and explained everything. Then when the installer came out, I peeked in and out on him while he was doing his thing. He helped me understand the system and how it works as he was installing it, and he answered all the questions I had. Now the water tastes a lot cleaner and it feels a lot better taking showers. I can definitely tell the difference and I don't have that hard water feel when I get out.

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems Company Profile

RainSoft, A Division of Aquion, Inc.
1953