RainSoft Water Treatment Systems

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.47/5

RainSoft manufacturers and sells water conditioning and water filtration systems for residential customers. A water expert can visit your home for a free water analysis. RainSoft offers solutions for whole-home hard water conditioning to improve bathing, washing dishes and doing laundry. The company also focuses on drinking water solutions to improve water taste and clarity.

RainSoft - a Pentair Company Video
RainSoft - a Pentair Company Gallery (1)
BOTTOM LINE

RainSoft offers traditional, salt-based water softeners and drinking water carbon filtration systems. Customers can visit the website to schedule a free in-home water analysis and find a local dealer to get a quote.

PROS
  • Referral program
  • Limited lifetime warranty
  • Free in-home water analysis
  • Energy-efficient options
CONS
  • No salt-free softeners
  • Pricing not available online

Top RainSoft Water Treatment Systems Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about RainSoft - a Pentair Company?

We did a home water test through our town and RainSoft tagged our mailbox… The guy who came out was very knowledgeable and professional. He showed us everything we needed to see and explained everything very well… Since we've had the system installed, the water is all I drink…

So far, everything is working out very good with our RainSoft… My husband and I decided that we wanna try it out. And so far, we love it. The sales rep was very good and helpful. I feel like the way that everything was handled was pretty good.

What is RainSoft?

RainSoft produces water conditioning and water filtration systems intended for the whole home or a single point of use. The company offers a free in-home water analysis for those unsure of what they need in their homes.

RainSoft offers three water softener systems that address hard water issues:

• The EC5 is a premium, computer-controlled, whole-home water softener system that is available in various configurations to fit your needs. It connects to the RainSoft Remind app for low salt notifications and filter change reminders. The system automatically responds to your water use, and the computer control saves water, salt and electricity.
  • The EC5-CAB system saves on salt and water consumption by using shorter cycles based on home water use. It comes with an easy-to-read display and distinctive alarm tones. You can customize the system’s functions to fit your family’s needs, and it's designed to deliver an uninterrupted supply of conditioned water.
  • The TC-M series is available in various configurations to fit your home. It's energy-efficient and self-cleaning, and the high flow rates deliver a consistent supply of water.

For drinking water purification, RainSoft offers:

• The Ultrefiner II is RainSoft’s premium drinking water system. It uses three high-quality, multistage filters to purify tap water and remove small particles, lead, copper, chromium, VOC and chlorine. It comes with a lead-free faucet. The cartridge is interchangeable, which creates less waste than systems that require the whole filter to be removed.
  • The Hydrefiner II reduces chlorine and other particles that cause bad taste and odors. Each cartridge treats up to 830 gallons of water.

RainSoft also sells problem-specific filters to address individual water issues and systems, including the CleanStart laundry system, which oxidizes tap water to disinfect clothes.

How does the RainSoft system work?

RainSoft water conditioner systems soften water for the whole home using a salt-based ion exchange process powered by electricity. The systems are installed where the water enters your home from the municipal supply. Some systems are designed to provide a continuous supply of softened water, while others have computerized controls that respond to your family’s water use and produce softened water on demand.

While many of the models have self-cleaning and regeneration cycles, most also require filter changes, adding salt and some maintenance. Models come with replacement reminder alarms or connect to an app that alerts you when the system needs attention.

RainSoft water softener cost

RainSoft doesn’t disclose its water softener prices on its website. Its products are available for purchase through local dealers, so if you’re interested in buying a RainSoft system, contact a local dealer for a free in-home water analysis and quote.

RainSoft FAQ

How long do RainSoft water softeners last?
RainSoft water softeners are built to last for years. All systems come with a limited lifetime warranty. You or your service provider will need to replace filters or cartridges and perform maintenance on the system.
Does RainSoft remove lead?
RainSoft water filtration systems that employ carbon filters, such as the Ultrefiner II and Hydrefiner II, remove lead. Water softeners do not remove lead.
Does RainSoft remove chlorine?
RainSoft’s drinking water systems, the Ultrefiner II and Hydrefiner II, reduce chlorine using carbon filtration. RainSoft water softeners do not remove chlorine.

Is RainSoft worth it?

RainSoft offers several solutions for home water softening and drinking water filtration and has systems that can be combined for maximum performance. For customers experiencing multiple water issues, a RainSoft water expert helps determine the problems and customize a home system configured to solve them all.

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RainSoft Water Treatment Systems?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about RainSoft - a Pentair Company?

Original review: April 20, 2021

We have been a RainSoft consumer owner since we first moved in our house about 20 years ago. We needed a new development and there was a salesman that came through. We had a demo on it and we kind of looked at the unit and then we had it installed. We went through some water testing with it. We were able to see where it did have some residual materials in it that was causing surface tension issues with the water.

The first time we had a unit was like an eye opening because we had just moved into our new home. That was more like testing of the water and going through some different things. We looked at adding a surfactant. That set us on the path to think about really putting something in for our whole house water management. Then we just recently replaced that original unit because we got to a point where the filters were no longer functioning properly. I didn't receive any information or mail about having any kind of checkups. So, I got in touch with our local dealer at that point, which turned out to really be a good move, because they came out, took a look at what we had and we were able to upgrade our system and maintain it. I don’t want to stick with the same system that we've gotten into. I wanted one that's going to allow me a little more flexibility so I don't have to do reverse osmosis and cleaning every week.

Since we've had the new unit, we did cut back on some of our laundry detergents. The most noticeable thing right now is that we feel like we're using it a little more efficiently. We had a unit where we have both the main water line coming into the filtration unit with the solar salt. Then we had the second reverse osmosis tank, where you kind of run off and then that goes into your drinking water and everything. The guy that came in was pretty informative. He did a great job of converting that system with very minimal impact on our day-to-day things. He got in. He was able to get the tank removed out and then get the entire system replaced with minimal impact to changing our schedule and getting us up and running. We were at a point where our water flow was really being inhibited because of the coconut shell and stuff like that that goes into that filter system. The main unit was pretty much sludgy.

We had gotten our money's worth out of it for not knowing that there was any kind of yearly checkup kind of maintenance that you're supposed to do. The guy showed us everything. He talked me through everything. He didn't have to upsell me on anything, but he did provide what some of the benefits were going to be if we did look at improving the system to where we are now. We could have stuck with what we had and just replace the filters. But I really felt it was the right thing to do when I talked to him with his experiences.

We've been very satisfied with the system itself. We do the refrigeration unit where we've got the water running in for drinking water. We don't use it through the sink anymore, but you can tell a difference in the reverse osmosis system with drinking water. It's not that our sink water isn't drinkable. You can tell there's a little bit of just a purity difference in it when you do drink it. We're noticing how different the water is with some of the neighbor's houses just like the water we get out of our sink that we use for cooking.

Get buying tips about Water Treatment Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 17, 2021

My wife was complaining about the effect our water was having on her hair, and once I found out how hard our water was and the effect it would have on all my plumbing fixtures, we decided to go with a water treatment system. We researched water softening companies in our area. I had a quote from one other company and then I decided to check with my neighborhood to see if anybody else had the same problems we had. Someone in our neighborhood used RainSoft and were happy with them, so I got on the web and emailed them. The owner of the company contacted me then I mentioned the other quote I had, and we discussed it all, the pros and cons of why they would be better. It went very easy.

I gave it a week or two of thought and then I called them back and went ahead with them. We live two hours from where they're located, so they ran in our area a couple days a week. I was told what days would be good and they were on time and did it quickly. Other than the water feels different, the biggest difference I've noticed is that it's easier to wipe all the fixtures clean. Dishes are also coming out spotless and keeping the big shower clean is easy right now.

There's a software app available and I put it on my phone. While the guy was here, we tried to hook it up, but I don't know if it's working the way it should be or I doubt it is, because I can't tell you if it's working and connecting. The RainSoft equipment has its own Wi-Fi connector and sometimes, I'll choose some gyrations to connect it to my wi-fi. I've no use for the app other than that it tells me it's connecting, connecting and I don't think I've ever gotten anything working through that to tell me if my system needs to have a filter replaced.

Original review: March 15, 2021

The lady that came with was very knowledgeable about the product, and she gave a good presentation. She was very respectful of our home and very nice. We knew our water was bad. We knew it was very hard. Our water didn't taste that bad, but I could see evidence with our water fixtures, and a lot of our clear glassware were getting hazy-looking. But for me, as long as the drinking water didn't stink and it's clear, it was probably good to drink.

The lady from RainSoft that was here was aghast that we would even consider drinking tap water. But we would run water through the Britta and keep it in the refrigerator. We buy bottled water also. And I just never thought too much about it. We fully expected that that would be the sales pitch. ”Your water sucks and you need to buy a water system.” The whole time she was talking, though, I kept thinking, “How much is this going to cost?" It was a guessing game in my mind as to what the price tag would be which we didn't find out until the end. But we bought it.

She came and brought her little system so we could taste our current water and the purified water. She even did an interesting thing. She knew that we were wine enthusiasts. And she said, “Okay, give me two of your wine glasses.” We had some wine open. She said, “Okay, you've got some open. Let's just taste it.” We drank some wine out of the glass out of the cabinet. And then she washed the glass and we drank the same wine. It didn’t taste the same. It tasted better because of the junk that was on the wine glass. Also, the soap is what makes it affordable because you get all this soap for free. We had a lot of cleaning products and soap. We have to use up what we had. But laundry detergent we're getting for free until our points are used up, which will take four years to do so. And we don't buy bottled water and cleaners anymore.

Original review: March 15, 2021

RainSoft was the third company I looked at and I chose them because of the reputable business that they had with the state. It was also because of the testing. It was really cool how they explained things in eighth-grade science terms. The representative was very knowledgeable and informative. He was really good at his job. And compared to the other two companies that I also had up for grabs, the warranties and everything with RainSoft were much better. I want RainSoft to take care of me in the long run.

With my boyfriend and I having acne, our skin has cleared up dramatically with the water system in place. I also have better water. I always bought Aquafina bottled water. But now, I have the convenience of not having to rush to the store and not be the only one without bottled water during the pandemic. It's nice to have clean water.

But I need to get in touch with RainSoft. The representative that came by said he would be able to do everything and take care of everything for me if I had any complaint. I actually do. In my front yard where they installed the water hose, it's not even three inches down. I can put my hand down in the dirt, bring up a pile of dirt, and I can see the hosing.

I really want to get my house done but the people that came by my house for estimates said that they are not going to be able to do the slab that I want in my front yard because the hose is only three inches in the ground. It needs to be at least 18 by city ordinance. I was hoping that the RainSoft technicians would be able to come back out and dig down lower and install the hose better. Despite the water hose issue, RainSoft is fine. I would still recommend them because of the installation and everything that I have experienced over the last month or so. It's a very good purchase with the warranties and with them coming back out to fix anything that's not right.

Original review: March 11, 2021

We got the whole entire water thing where it’s coming in through the faucet, all of the water outlets in the house. The tech came out and installed everything. He told me exactly what he was going to do. He even turned the outside line on to get rid of any of the discolored water that would happen when the water is going through the filtration system and the activations of the carbon so I wouldn't have to worry about it in the house. He explained the keys, did good work, and he was clean. He put it in an optimal location within my garage, which was a really good thing, and built the drain valve outside. I wish he would have sealed it a little better on the outside. But it is what it is and that's something I can do myself. What I'm planning to do this week is to go through the instructions to figure out how I can get the Wi-Fi and everything synced up with my phone so I can know exactly what my system’s doing.

Since having it, the quality of the drinking water resembles bottled water. I've even had people say it tastes a little better than bottled water. When I run my clothes through the wash, I don't have to use so much laundry soap and all of that other stuff is really cool. Everything lathers really well. The dishwasher gets all the dishes clean. I also have a fish tank and just the amount of maintenance that I have to do on it is extremely remarkable. I use half of the chemicals that I would normally use to make my water in my tank clearer. There’s not a bunch of the hard chemical residue that forms on my fish tank when I did not have soft water, which is a huge plus because cleaning it sucks. Perfect example, I spilled some coffee this morning on my countertop. Being able to put a piece of paper towel, and put a little water on it, and wipe it, it comes up really fast and easy. It’s definitely the bomb.

Original review: April 29, 2021

The company gave a good presentation and did a quick install. They eliminated obstacles rapidly - any problems and any questions. The water is softer and my wife said her hair and skin are nicer and her clothes are cleaner.

Original review: April 28, 2021

A very kind gentleman showed us the Rainsoft system and did the demonstration for us. He was very thorough in the details and we enjoyed his company. The installation was super fast. I could not believe they came the next day then installed it within a couple of hours. We were very pleased with that. Having RainSoft, I can drink my water now. I couldn't even make coffee with the water. It was so gross. Now, I can make pots of coffee a day. I don't have to buy bottled water by the cases anymore. I recommend Rainsoft to everybody who says they don't like the taste of their water.

Original review: April 27, 2021

We got the EC-550 system from Rainsoft. The very first thing that we noticed was that what we always thought were the rust stains in our toilet bowl were fading. Also, our water is softer. We don't have the buildup like we always had before. Our clothes are still getting clean but we're using less detergent. I contacted Rainsoft twice in relation to the app that comes with the system where you can monitor it remotely. Both times, they were very helpful. They answered my questions and were patient with me when I asked a lot of them.

Original review: April 26, 2021

Everyone at RainSoft was awesome and I enjoyed the process. The only thing that I noticed with the showers, it gets dirty so easily. The shower doesn’t dirty so easily before when I had the odd water. But the water makes my skin smooth when I use it now.

Original review: April 25, 2021

The installation of our RainSoft was great. There was a gentleman that came back out and rechecked everything and told me they would be back out at the end of the year and recheck again. I'm washing and using it every day and I love it. If people want a great system, they need to go to RainSoft. RainSoft is very good.

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems Company Information