Accredited Partner

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.61/5

RainSoft manufacturers and sells water conditioning and water filtration systems for residential customers. A water expert can visit your home for a free water analysis. RainSoft offers solutions for whole-home hard water conditioning to improve bathing, washing dishes and doing laundry. The company also focuses on drinking water solutions to improve water taste and clarity.

RainSoft - a Pentair Company Video
RainSoft - a Pentair Company Gallery (1)

BOTTOM LINE

RainSoft offers traditional, salt-based water softeners and drinking water carbon filtration systems. Customers can visit the website to schedule a free in-home water analysis and find a local dealer to get a quote.

PROS

• Referral program
  • Limited lifetime warranty
  • Free in-home water analysis
  • Energy-efficient options

CONS

• No salt-free softeners
  • Pricing not available online

Top RainSoft Water Treatment Systems Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about RainSoft - a Pentair Company?

We did a home water test through our town and RainSoft tagged our mailbox… The guy who came out was very knowledgeable and professional. He showed us everything we needed to see and explained everything very well… Since we've had the system installed, the water is all I drink…

So far, everything is working out very good with our RainSoft… My husband and I decided that we wanna try it out. And so far, we love it. The sales rep was very good and helpful. I feel like the way that everything was handled was pretty good.

What is RainSoft?

RainSoft produces water conditioning and water filtration systems intended for the whole home or a single point of use. The company offers a free in-home water analysis for those unsure of what they need in their homes.

RainSoft offers three water softener systems that address hard water issues:

• The EC5 is a premium, computer-controlled, whole-home water softener system that is available in various configurations to fit your needs. It connects to the RainSoft Remind app for low salt notifications and filter change reminders. The system automatically responds to your water use, and the computer control saves water, salt and electricity.
  • The EC5-CAB system saves on salt and water consumption by using shorter cycles based on home water use. It comes with an easy-to-read display and distinctive alarm tones. You can customize the system’s functions to fit your family’s needs, and it's designed to deliver an uninterrupted supply of conditioned water.
  • The TC-M series is available in various configurations to fit your home. It's energy-efficient and self-cleaning, and the high flow rates deliver a consistent supply of water.

For drinking water purification, RainSoft offers:

• The Ultrefiner II is RainSoft’s premium drinking water system. It uses three high-quality, multistage filters to purify tap water and remove small particles, lead, copper, chromium, VOC and chlorine. It comes with a lead-free faucet. The cartridge is interchangeable, which creates less waste than systems that require the whole filter to be removed.
  • The Hydrefiner II reduces chlorine and other particles that cause bad taste and odors. Each cartridge treats up to 830 gallons of water.

RainSoft also sells problem-specific filters to address individual water issues and systems, including the CleanStart laundry system, which oxidizes tap water to disinfect clothes.

How does the RainSoft system work?

RainSoft water conditioner systems soften water for the whole home using a salt-based ion exchange process powered by electricity. The systems are installed where the water enters your home from the municipal supply. Some systems are designed to provide a continuous supply of softened water, while others have computerized controls that respond to your family’s water use and produce softened water on demand.

While many of the models have self-cleaning and regeneration cycles, most also require filter changes, adding salt and some maintenance. Models come with replacement reminder alarms or connect to an app that alerts you when the system needs attention.

RainSoft water softener cost

RainSoft doesn’t disclose its water softener prices on its website. Its products are available for purchase through local dealers, so if you’re interested in buying a RainSoft system, contact a local dealer for a free in-home water analysis and quote.

RainSoft FAQ

How long do RainSoft water softeners last?
RainSoft water softeners are built to last for years. All systems come with a limited lifetime warranty. You or your service provider will need to replace filters or cartridges and perform maintenance on the system.
Does RainSoft remove lead?
RainSoft water filtration systems that employ carbon filters, such as the Ultrefiner II and Hydrefiner II, remove lead. Water softeners do not remove lead.
Does RainSoft remove chlorine?
RainSoft’s drinking water systems, the Ultrefiner II and Hydrefiner II, reduce chlorine using carbon filtration. RainSoft water softeners do not remove chlorine.

Is RainSoft worth it?

RainSoft offers several solutions for home water softening and drinking water filtration and has systems that can be combined for maximum performance. For customers experiencing multiple water issues, a RainSoft water expert helps determine the problems and customize a home system configured to solve them all.

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RainSoft Water Treatment Systems?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about RainSoft - a Pentair Company?

Original review: March 18, 2020

We had Anderson Water System since around 2008 and when it had problems, the parts couldn't be replaced anymore. The salesman came and said that they were now selling RainSoft. I thought it was kinda weird that when he tested my Anderson water that it had a high number compared to the osmosis thing, which had zero. He was the one that sold us the other system and he was a good guy. When my husband was alive, we went down to North Carolina and North Carolina is built on sand and it was all soft water. I noticed that when we got down there, my eczema was gone. So I wanted soft water in the house and got the whole house system, not just the drinking water, and it cost 5,000.

We have baseboard water heat and I love the water softener because the scum doesn't build up in the pipes. Also, I like that it takes salt instead of potassium. Potassium is $30 a bag, while salt is around 5 a bag. And it's less maintenance. I don't have to pay the $45 a year warranty fee because it's under warranty forever. It sounded like a great deal. We live on one of the finger lakes and the house is gonna be my daughter's someday, so I'm trying to keep everything in good shape and the RainSoft is a great investment. The installer was a very friendly and interesting guy. And he knew what he was doing. I really love the water softener. A lot of people won't spend the money, but I can't go back to that old scumming.

I also got a separate thing just for the drinking water. It's on the sink. The guy told me to drink a big glass in the morning and at night and I'll sleep. I didn't believe him. I said that if I drink that water, I'd be up all night going to the bathroom. He said that it doesn't make you do that. And it's true. I am sleeping better. I used to be up about every hour, but now, I've been sleeping two and a half hours in a row. I'm very pleased. Moreover, my water is now the best tasting water and I'm not a water drinker.

Get buying tips about Water Treatment Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2020

I had just recently moved to St. Pete Beach and I noticed the water was horrible. I was in a local Home Depot and someone asked if I wanted to have my water tested, and I said, “Well, I’d better,” but I had no plan on doing anything and I’m not proactive when it comes to this stuff. And they came and I had to put it off for a few months. They called in a few months and I let them come and I was blown away. Brianna, the woman that came, was terrific. Everything about RainSoft's customer service was A1. It renewed my faith in humanity, in salesmanship, because they deliver. I just love it. I come from Boston and there is a marked difference. It’s much more relaxed. And down here, nothing’s pushed on you. You are still getting credit just for having a brain and can make a decision, but all the evidence was there right in front of me. It wasn’t jammed down your throat.

And then ever since, I’ve just been so pleasantly surprised at the water quality. The dishes looked clean. Finally, I feel clean. It’s unbelievable. People should know how bad what they are drinking is. I never feel this way about many things we’re having, but it’s basic - water is your life. And if you look at what we were drinking and you see what we are drinking now, it’s night and day.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2020

We Installed Rain soft in December 2019, Jerry Tested our water and there was a lot Chlorine and water was hard. So we decided to buy the water system and got installed. Our System was installed by Plumber Goutam from Brampton. He was really good and Professional. The Fitting was done very quickly and with great perfection. We started using the water, Oh my god it's really good feeling now. We used to drink the pure well water from back home and to be truthful the filtered water feels the same. No chloride taste or hardness. The most important thing is, it feels really great after the shower, the soap started foaming good and there is no dryness in skin.

Jerry came to test the water again after installation and everything was solved. He was really good and Explained in detail about everything. All conversation was very much open and no hidden charges. There was another testing after 3 weeks by Sajid Khan and he also explained well about the system. We started to feel the difference in the taste of water from our friend’s house. Water is the most precious thing for our life and to get the purest form will make it more valuable. So this product is really a valuable thing and don’t miss it. Recommending to all. Thank You Rain soft, Jerry, Goutam, and Sajid.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2020

I had a RainSoft in my old house for 20 years. The first RainSoft we got was when my wife and I were young. We found out how hard the well water was. She bought a pair of pantyhose every other month and I cut the leg up filled it with powdered lime and put that in the water. That was what we did for two years until we saved enough to get the first RainSoft.

I moved next door and I knew all the water there was hard. So, the first thing I did is to order the water treatment after I replaced faucets, sinks, toilets and stuff like that. RainSoft's customer service is absolutely super. There is no messing around. The guy came in and started telling me about the system. He didn't know that I already knew about them so I told him to save it for somebody new and just do it. The guys that came to install introduced themselves and told me what they were doing. I showed them where to go and he went over it with me. I told him that he didn't have to do that 'cause I knew it already. So he just thanked me and gotten his frock and left. It wasn't any rush, but it wasn't any waste of time either.

The RainSoft system helps a lot in taking the odor out of the water. The water without the RainSoft system ruined five sinks, two toilets, a refrigerator, a dishwasher and a washer machine. That was all the stuff I had to replace because of the water. When opening the washer and dryer, there was a little bowl of rust. That was taken care of with the RainSoft system, but I still had a lot of appliances and a lot of plumbing.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2020

We started this with a tiny water sample through Home Depot. We were then contacted to do a larger scale testing at our home. We KNEW how gross our water was and had photos of some of the nastiness and a coffee maker it destroyed. We had a rep come out (Sat) and do the test. She was on time, adorable and professional. The test was interesting. Yes we're pitched with a sale, various options but we were very interested and if you decide to sign up then, you save $2500. We did and chose the above mentioned items for our package. You fill out the paperwork to see if you're able to get financing and you'll be contacted in a few days. I contacted the rep Weds as we'd not heard and she'd just not gotten to us but we were approved.

We scheduled for the following Sat for install. The installer showed up right on time and was very and knowledgeable. He explained what his plan was and we left him to it. He was done in about 2 hours, explained how everything worked very thoroughly, gave his personal cell if any issues etc. He also left 3 bags of salt for us. This is where my lack of 5 stars comes. While signing HIS paperwork, we realize that the "financing papers" we signed with the rep were in fact the contract. In conversation something was said that made us question things. We definitely felt it was very shady. She does NOT tell you that you are signing the actual contract for the system. YOU ARE!!

The reason this matters a ton is because you only have 3 days to cancel from the date you sign that paper!! By the time we realized this, it had been a week. You're stuck. Thankfully we really wanted the system so for us, it didn't matter other than again, it seemed very shady. I made sure I let her know I wasn't happy and it was made to sound like I misunderstood. No I didn't. My fiance and I both are 100% it was NEVER said that it was THE contract. It took about 24 hrs for us to use the old water in the hwh and the new water to start coming through but once it did...OH BOY!! It's like night and day. I call it my silk water. I LOVE it!!

Everything is better. Our skin, our small appliances, the taste..everything! I have noticed with the air purifier that my sneezing is significantly less and I have horrible allergies and A LOT of animals. The CleanStart is super cool and makes everything smell like citrus no matter what laundry products you use. I am just finishing what i have and you need VERY little. With our package we get 5 years of cleaning products. I ordered them Sat and they're expected on Weds. (Today is Monday) So very quick. I cannot review the products yet but they're basically free so...

Our financing allows for 6 months no payments and no down payment. Rainsoft gives 3 months free then we are to receive a check to pay for the following 3 months. I was very worried this is where we'd get screwed. Nope. The check came today! It's very early but it's here so very happy about that! I know the reviews vary greatly for Rainsoft and we've only had it for a full week but other than the lack of contract transparency, so far we are absolutely thrilled with everything!! Just know about that contract before you sign but also remember how much you save if you do sign while the rep is in house. We've heard some pretty bad stuff about the customer service but we've not had to use it yet so time will tell and I will update should things change. So far we are really happy with ALL of it!!

Original review: Dec. 30, 2020

I like the water system and it helped remove chlorine smell from the water. I am very thankful for the system and the people who install the product. The sales person and the installation guy were super nice. However, I do not like ethics of the service representative who calls, schedules, and charge for the yearly service. She recently sent me a bill saying I did not pay for the service I received over a year ago in October of 2019. Instead of doing a research on her end beforehand, she sent me a bill just recently stating I needed to pay $125 which I have already paid October of 2019 (Over a year ago!!).

I think this is utterly unacceptable and very rude. I am shocked beyond belief. I do not wish to have anything to do with the services of Rainsoft at this point. I just do not trust their ethics or their business practices. I would like to get this information out here just in case someone else receives a bill over a year after the service has been performed claiming they have never received a payment even when they have received it. I hope this is going to be posted.

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems response

We discussed this matter with our distributor in Kennesaw who explained that during that time frame they ran into problems where the way the credit card charges were being entered into their system, the majority of them were not processed properly. Unfortunately they didn’t discover this problem until months later. The dealer then had to go back and contact their customers who had been serviced to determine if the charge actually went through. A cumbersome project and, we understand, a major inconvenience for their customers. Our dealer has addressed this issue with your account and apologizes for any inconvenience this has caused.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2020

Paid over $2,000 to have a EC-5 water softener system installed. Valve constantly leaking. Local installer charges $100 each trip to replace an O-ring. The system is junk. Should have went with a better reliable brand.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2020

I purchased RainSoft softener water system, peroxide system, and reverse osmosis system. July 2019, through Home Depot. Anderson installed my systems. 1st problem I have is my TDS numbers are still very high (TDS numbers at reverse osmosis is 198 and 756 and sink.). Anderson came to my house many times from July to November. The last person they sent out. Told me that home depot should have never sold me the system, because my TDS numbers are too high and they should have told me to get a new well. 2nd problem I had is all the owners at Anderson are very rude. They are so rude, that 1 of the owners that went to court, almost got kicked out of court.

3rd problem is my water softener system and reverse osmosis don't work and I've contacted rainsoft many times about it. I told them they need to send someone other than Anderson out to fix it. They keep refusing. So, I have a 8,000 dollar system that doesn't work anymore. It's garbage. I still haven't paid for the system and I'm not going to. As of right now. I want them to come and take the system back. It takes up a huge part of my basement and makes no sense to keep something that doesn't work. Worst company and product I've dealt with, when it come to my home.

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems response

Hi Kimberly. We are currently looking into this matter with Anderson Water. We appreciate your feedback and apologize for your less than favorable experience with RainSoft.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2020

Our RainSoft water softener was serviced in July 2019 and in August 2019 had a failure of the entire system. The resin in the tank backed up into every water line in our home. Thousands of dollars of damage and neither the distributor nor Rain Soft took responsibility for the resin failure. The distributor would never reply to any of our calls. The only email we ever received was one telling us that they were not responsible. I attempted to contact Rain Soft corporate to let them know that the distributor was unresponsive and they only said they would "look into it" and encouraged me to keep trying. I never heard anything back from either the distributor nor Rain Soft corporate.

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems response

We are currently looking into this matter with our customer and with the servicing dealer.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2020

Rainsoft of Chattanooga, Southern Energy Water & Air LLC, charges $225.00 for a service call! I was told that the under the sink filter should be changed once a year. That's over $300.00!!!! That is ridiculous.

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems response

We spoke with our dealer in Chattanooga and, based on their service rates, it doesn't match with Ms. Karen's quote, above. The dealership spoke with Ms. Karen yesterday morning and it was decided rather than a service call the dealer would send the filters to her house, which were sent yesterday afternoon. The dealer apologizes for any miscommunication and will follow up with the Ms. Karen.

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems Company Information