Accredited Partner

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.11/5

RainSoft manufacturers and sells water conditioning and water filtration systems for residential customers. A water expert can visit your home for a free water analysis. RainSoft offers solutions for whole-home hard water conditioning to improve bathing, washing dishes and doing laundry. The company also focuses on drinking water solutions to improve water taste and clarity.

RainSoft - a Pentair Company Video
RainSoft - a Pentair Company Gallery (1)

BOTTOM LINE

RainSoft offers traditional, salt-based water softeners and drinking water carbon filtration systems. Customers can visit the website to schedule a free in-home water analysis and find a local dealer to get a quote.

PROS

• Referral program
  • Limited lifetime warranty
  • Free in-home water analysis
  • Energy-efficient options

CONS

• No salt-free softeners
  • Pricing not available online

Top RainSoft Water Treatment Systems Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about RainSoft - a Pentair Company?

We did a home water test through our town and RainSoft tagged our mailbox… The guy who came out was very knowledgeable and professional. He showed us everything we needed to see and explained everything very well… Since we've had the system installed, the water is all I drink…

So far, everything is working out very good with our RainSoft… My husband and I decided that we wanna try it out. And so far, we love it. The sales rep was very good and helpful. I feel like the way that everything was handled was pretty good.

What is RainSoft?

RainSoft produces water conditioning and water filtration systems intended for the whole home or a single point of use. The company offers a free in-home water analysis for those unsure of what they need in their homes.

RainSoft offers three water softener systems that address hard water issues:

• The EC5 is a premium, computer-controlled, whole-home water softener system that is available in various configurations to fit your needs. It connects to the RainSoft Remind app for low salt notifications and filter change reminders. The system automatically responds to your water use, and the computer control saves water, salt and electricity.
  • The EC5-CAB system saves on salt and water consumption by using shorter cycles based on home water use. It comes with an easy-to-read display and distinctive alarm tones. You can customize the system’s functions to fit your family’s needs, and it's designed to deliver an uninterrupted supply of conditioned water.
  • The TC-M series is available in various configurations to fit your home. It's energy-efficient and self-cleaning, and the high flow rates deliver a consistent supply of water.

For drinking water purification, RainSoft offers:

• The Ultrefiner II is RainSoft’s premium drinking water system. It uses three high-quality, multistage filters to purify tap water and remove small particles, lead, copper, chromium, VOC and chlorine. It comes with a lead-free faucet. The cartridge is interchangeable, which creates less waste than systems that require the whole filter to be removed.
  • The Hydrefiner II reduces chlorine and other particles that cause bad taste and odors. Each cartridge treats up to 830 gallons of water.

RainSoft also sells problem-specific filters to address individual water issues and systems, including the CleanStart laundry system, which oxidizes tap water to disinfect clothes.

How does the RainSoft system work?

RainSoft water conditioner systems soften water for the whole home using a salt-based ion exchange process powered by electricity. The systems are installed where the water enters your home from the municipal supply. Some systems are designed to provide a continuous supply of softened water, while others have computerized controls that respond to your family’s water use and produce softened water on demand.

While many of the models have self-cleaning and regeneration cycles, most also require filter changes, adding salt and some maintenance. Models come with replacement reminder alarms or connect to an app that alerts you when the system needs attention.

RainSoft water softener cost

RainSoft doesn’t disclose its water softener prices on its website. Its products are available for purchase through local dealers, so if you’re interested in buying a RainSoft system, contact a local dealer for a free in-home water analysis and quote.

RainSoft FAQ

How long do RainSoft water softeners last?
RainSoft water softeners are built to last for years. All systems come with a limited lifetime warranty. You or your service provider will need to replace filters or cartridges and perform maintenance on the system.
Does RainSoft remove lead?
RainSoft water filtration systems that employ carbon filters, such as the Ultrefiner II and Hydrefiner II, remove lead. Water softeners do not remove lead.
Does RainSoft remove chlorine?
RainSoft’s drinking water systems, the Ultrefiner II and Hydrefiner II, reduce chlorine using carbon filtration. RainSoft water softeners do not remove chlorine.

Is RainSoft worth it?

RainSoft offers several solutions for home water softening and drinking water filtration and has systems that can be combined for maximum performance. For customers experiencing multiple water issues, a RainSoft water expert helps determine the problems and customize a home system configured to solve them all.

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RainSoft Water Treatment Systems?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about RainSoft - a Pentair Company?

Original review: March 27, 2020

The water we were having was really slimy. We couldn’t get the soap bubbled up in the shower. The girl at the trade show that we talked to said, “Well, we got the thing for you.” And the guy came out and gave us a good sales pitch and he put it in the next week and I’ve been happy. Ever since we had RainSoft put in I’ve had great showers. The water’s taste is great. I hardly use any salt. My wife and I had about 60 pounds of salt in the house. Before we had it changed and I’ve only put in one 20-pound bag since the last time I had to put in. It was about four months ago so we’re happy.

It’s working out really well but I had to learn the hard way that when the power goes out, it loses the time so I had to go and reset that myself. I thought it automatically holds all the information, all the programming, but it doesn’t hold the actual time of day. It was out for about five hours and I wake in the morning and it started to regenerate because the power was out for so long. But other than that I love our RainSoft.

Get buying tips about Water Treatment Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 18, 2020

We had Anderson Water System since around 2008 and when it had problems, the parts couldn't be replaced anymore. The salesman came and said that they were now selling RainSoft. I thought it was kinda weird that when he tested my Anderson water that it had a high number compared to the osmosis thing, which had zero. He was the one that sold us the other system and he was a good guy. When my husband was alive, we went down to North Carolina and North Carolina is built on sand and it was all soft water. I noticed that when we got down there, my eczema was gone. So I wanted soft water in the house and got the whole house system, not just the drinking water, and it cost 5,000.

We have baseboard water heat and I love the water softener because the scum doesn't build up in the pipes. Also, I like that it takes salt instead of potassium. Potassium is $30 a bag, while salt is around 5 a bag. And it's less maintenance. I don't have to pay the $45 a year warranty fee because it's under warranty forever. It sounded like a great deal. We live on one of the finger lakes and the house is gonna be my daughter's someday, so I'm trying to keep everything in good shape and the RainSoft is a great investment. The installer was a very friendly and interesting guy. And he knew what he was doing. I really love the water softener. A lot of people won't spend the money, but I can't go back to that old scumming.

I also got a separate thing just for the drinking water. It's on the sink. The guy told me to drink a big glass in the morning and at night and I'll sleep. I didn't believe him. I said that if I drink that water, I'd be up all night going to the bathroom. He said that it doesn't make you do that. And it's true. I am sleeping better. I used to be up about every hour, but now, I've been sleeping two and a half hours in a row. I'm very pleased. Moreover, my water is now the best tasting water and I'm not a water drinker.

Original review: March 11, 2020

We just moved in December and we were taking a trip to Home Depot. One of the RainSoft representatives was there and so we scheduled an appointment for him to come and show us. He took his time with the demo so it took a bit longer than the two hours but it was worth it. He knew his stuff and he knew what he was talking about. He was able to answer all of our questions too. The demonstration was well done. He made it a little bit personal 'cause he talked about using it for his own so it was like he was not just selling a product that he's selling, but he was actually using it. Knowing and seeing the demonstration, we felt it was something that we had to go for. It's self-explanatory and the products are good. I feel better drinking the water and it tastes good, so that's always a good thing. I haven't bought water in a long time too. Everything's working pretty good and we're satisfied with it.

Original review: March 10, 2020

I had worked in the construction field for quite some time and years ago, RainSoft used to be what went in a lot of these new construction houses that I've seen. I used to see them hook the system up in the garage off their water heater. I heard of it before and I thought might as well do it too. We had Rainsoft come out and check our water. We had the same ugly water everybody else did. But my wife is a little self-conscious once in a while. So, we hee-hawed and listened to what the lady rep had to say. She was good about it and we ended up getting the water treatment system.

The installers climbed underneath and saw that I had a draining leak and had to get it fixed. But the installation went great. It's a good choice and I like it. It's working real good and I can really tell the difference as far as our water is concerned. Every time I turn my faucet on, I look at my wife and I tell her I have the cleanest, purest water in West Paducah.

Original review: March 8, 2020

The RainSoft rep who came over was very knowledgeable about what to find in a place where to put their system. He was very nice about the whole explanation of how their system works and open to questions. He showed us samples of water levels in other towns like ours. With us having kids drinking water every single hour of the day, we saw the opportunity obviously to improve our water levels. He also told us about rebates and we got all the discounts.

Their crew came over to survey the location where their system was gonna be put in. It was a very easy and clean procedure. I've never had to deal with anything so simple. They also installed another piece by the sink in the kitchen. Now we get fresh water from our sink or the equipment in our basement. By the time the water gets to the refrigerator, we don't even need the filter there. Going with RainSoft has been a wonderful experience.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2021

Greetings, well, hoping to save you money and headaches. I purchased the Rainsoft System 5 years and 2 months ago. Previously I had a Kinnetico system and had no problems. Should have stuck with them. Anyways, I was foolish and got a Rainsoft. Upfront price was too expensive, again, my bad for getting it. (Kick myself Daily). They don't tell you how expensive it is to own. Besides every year service which cost hundreds this system in 4 years needed Carbon and Resin already which research says it should last eight years.

I had the City Lab test my water and they are only using .37 mg/L of Chlorine which is minimal at best. There is no real reason the system should require this carbon/Resin change this soon. They want over $450.00 to change this out??? If seeing that I have their R.O system under my sink those filters are ruined with black water I am getting they want $200 dollars to replace them! Starting to get my point. Check other alternatives before you end up like me. God Bless.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2021

Did a water study thru Home Depot. RainSoft salesman came to home to test water and demonstrate system with portable filter. His filter worked great and we purchased system. System is not as advertised, do not buy. $9000.00 wasted dollars. Should have got a Culligan or Pelican with no salt tank... Have to regenerate every 2 days. Tech set it up for 1 month regeneration and after 3 to 4 days water smells like rotten eggs and dirty earth. Only 2 people in home and regeneration every 2 days increased water bill by $45 every month. Regeneration uses about 25 gallons and the salt in regeneration phase is killing my grass. Installer put pvc pipe in ground for regeneration water to go down. During regeneration water shoots straight up out of pipe killing grass. NOT WORTH THE MONEY. Salt in system also causes faucets, sinks and drains to corrode. Salt dries skin out very bad....

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems response

We appreciate your feedback and have been in contact with the RainSoft dealer in your area. We understand they have scheduled an appointment to meet with you on 2/20/21 to address this matter.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2020

I like the water system and it helped remove chlorine smell from the water. I am very thankful for the system and the people who install the product. The sales person and the installation guy were super nice. However, I do not like ethics of the service representative who calls, schedules, and charge for the yearly service. She recently sent me a bill saying I did not pay for the service I received over a year ago in October of 2019. Instead of doing a research on her end beforehand, she sent me a bill just recently stating I needed to pay $125 which I have already paid October of 2019 (Over a year ago!!).

I think this is utterly unacceptable and very rude. I am shocked beyond belief. I do not wish to have anything to do with the services of Rainsoft at this point. I just do not trust their ethics or their business practices. I would like to get this information out here just in case someone else receives a bill over a year after the service has been performed claiming they have never received a payment even when they have received it. I hope this is going to be posted.

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems response

We discussed this matter with our distributor in Kennesaw who explained that during that time frame they ran into problems where the way the credit card charges were being entered into their system, the majority of them were not processed properly. Unfortunately they didn’t discover this problem until months later. The dealer then had to go back and contact their customers who had been serviced to determine if the charge actually went through. A cumbersome project and, we understand, a major inconvenience for their customers. Our dealer has addressed this issue with your account and apologizes for any inconvenience this has caused.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2020

Paid over $2,000 to have a EC-5 water softener system installed. Valve constantly leaking. Local installer charges $100 each trip to replace an O-ring. The system is junk. Should have went with a better reliable brand.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2020

I purchased RainSoft softener water system, peroxide system, and reverse osmosis system. July 2019, through Home Depot. Anderson installed my systems. 1st problem I have is my TDS numbers are still very high (TDS numbers at reverse osmosis is 198 and 756 and sink.). Anderson came to my house many times from July to November. The last person they sent out. Told me that home depot should have never sold me the system, because my TDS numbers are too high and they should have told me to get a new well. 2nd problem I had is all the owners at Anderson are very rude. They are so rude, that 1 of the owners that went to court, almost got kicked out of court.

3rd problem is my water softener system and reverse osmosis don't work and I've contacted rainsoft many times about it. I told them they need to send someone other than Anderson out to fix it. They keep refusing. So, I have a 8,000 dollar system that doesn't work anymore. It's garbage. I still haven't paid for the system and I'm not going to. As of right now. I want them to come and take the system back. It takes up a huge part of my basement and makes no sense to keep something that doesn't work. Worst company and product I've dealt with, when it come to my home.

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems response

Hi Kimberly. We are currently looking into this matter with Anderson Water. We appreciate your feedback and apologize for your less than favorable experience with RainSoft.

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems Company Information