RainSoft Water Treatment Systems

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

There's a lot of impurities in our water and air. Once we started looking into RainSoft, I came and went through all the materials and demonstrations. They were excellent and very professional as far as everything they did was concerned. I bought the top of the line which has everything in it for the air purification as well as the water purification for the drinking water and for the laundry. During installation, their team was very professional and appeared to know exactly what they were doing, no exempts or buts. Since having the system, the laundry comes out cleaner, the drinking water tastes better and we detect the freshness in the air. My nose also stays clearer and it's been an unbelievably good experience. I would highly recommend the system particularly to people with kids or anybody with any breathing problem.

We were looking for a water treatment system because the water here in Punta Gorda, Florida is terrible and hard. It's like taking a bath with a bunch of rocks. It couldn't get us soapsud either. We then bought Rainsoft's water softener and their sales rep was excellent. He came to check the old softener that was here, which was cheaper at Home Depot, and he explained to us the difference, the efficiency and the better operation of the Rainsoft one. Since having Rainsoft there has been a 95% difference. We're very happy with them. Everything has been just as they said it would be. I'm very very pleased and very satisfied.

When I was in Home Depot, I got asked if I wanted a water test. The Rainsoft rep that I talked to was great and knowledgeable. He knew everything front and back. I then bought the conditioning system, water filters, arrow, AC with the black light, and cleaner from Rainsoft. The installers from Rainsoft did a good job as well. They also showed me how to use everything properly. Since I’ve had the system, the water is cleaner. I drink a half gallon of water a day and it's nice to drink good water. I'm glad I have a RainSoft Water Treatment System.

RainSoft exceeded my expectations. I love the water and everything having to do with the filtration system has been great. Before RainSoft, we have absolutely terrible water down here. We picked the date and time for the consultation that worked and that scheduling process was handled very professionally. The sales rep who came here, Glenda, was fabulous. By the time she left, I felt I had a friend. She was extremely knowledgeable and passionate about the product even though she must have been fairly new in the ropes. There were a couple of questions I had that she had to call somebody to get answers but she got them right away. I got the full water filtration system with the reverse osmosis feature.

The team who installed it was prompt, friendly, and professional. They were also confident and knowledgeable. We're challenged because we live in a condominium and there wasn't room inside the unit to put it anywhere. The RainSoft team came up with a plan for putting it on my porch and they came prepared for that eventuality. The owner of the company came in advance of the install appointment just to check it out and make sure. When the installation team showed up, they had everything they needed to install it on my porch. It was done at the end of a Friday. I live at Carolina beach and they had to drive to Wilmington. That's a terrible time to drive into Wilmington because they had to get through all the traffic.

About an hour later, I got a call from the primary installer saying that there's an O-ring that he needed to get for my system and that Glenda was going to drop it by the next day but he felt better if he brought it back and put it on that night. He had to drive back to that traffic just to put that ring on the system. It was a job that took him less than a minute. The quality of the water is everything I dreamed of. It is absolutely delicious to drink. I have neighbors who come over here to visit and they bring an empty bottle so they can fill it up with my water and take it back home. I take water with me from the house wherever I go now instead of a bottled water. I don't even like bottled water anymore. It also helped with my hair and skin. My laundry comes out feeling really clean and fresh too. The water that comes out of the RainSoft system is outstanding.

We love our RainSoft water treatment system. Over the years, we've had wells and Pumpco’s water, but we weren’t entirely satisfied with the water. In addition, my tenant has Crohn’s disease and I have two or three other diseases. At Home Depot, my husband agreed to have a water test. The sales rep of RainSoft asked to come in and test our water and set up an appointment with me, and we followed through. He was a very friendly and knowledgeable young man, and he spent a lot of time answering our questions and talking to us about RainSoft. Then we purchased the whole water conditioning system.

The installers were very accommodating and personable. They also answered questions nicely and we liked them a lot. RainSoft gave us soap that we use it on our hair and body, but it’s hard getting used to the fact that getting the soap off takes forever, which means that the water is extremely soft. Also, Pumpco’s water would turn my sink and shower yellow while RainSoft's water does not. We've had a great experience with RainSoft and I have recommended them to friends.

The last house we're in had a lot of hard water buildup on our appliances. We wanted to prevent that in our new house and also, due to health concerns and we'd like to have filtered water for baby bottles, we considered getting RainSoft. They had Saturdays for a consultation and they're also flexible with the time so, setting up an appointment was easy. Their rep came out and he was friendly, knowledgeable and he took us through the water testing. I didn't feel awkward with him because there's always that awkward point you'd experience when any sales person tells you the price.

We got the conditioning system and then the reverse osmosis under the sink as well. The installer was very wonderful, very nice and he cleaned up after himself. He was also responsive because we initially had a little bit of a leak and he was great about trying to get over to our place to fix it. We haven't had any troubles with the system since though. Now, we use less soap, which is good, in the laundry and in the shower but there's just as much suds. It's a fine work. Also, the water tastes better. RainSoft system is worth the investment.

We were in the market for a water filtration system. A RainSoft rep came out and explained everything real thorough. It made sense for us when I had to compare them to a couple of other companies and its pricing, and certainly, we chose RainSoft. We had a newborn and we decided to get the whole RainSoft system with the air, the clean fresh, and the actual reverse osmosis system. It made sense to us from a health standpoint and any possibilities we want to make sure we're as healthy as we can be. The sales rep was very good, very polite, was on point and on time. He really did a nice job. On the other hand, their installer was phenomenal.

For the AC in our home, I could tell the difference smell-wise. The air now has a cleaner smell. Also, our clothes are more crisps and clean. I can personally taste the difference in the taste of the water but simply the visual effect of it and then showing the difference was enough for us. Even if it's not 100% realistic, you're going to have water here and there with the pollutants in the world. If I have the ability to get water filtration for me and my family, then there's no reason not to. Everyone did a great job from the salesman to the installer and the gentleman that came out to review the whole system with us once it was already installed. My whole experience was excellent. RainSoft is affordable and worth every penny. We gave a couple of referrals and a couple family and friends bought the system. We're very fortunate.

We wanted to upgrade our water so that debris coming out of our faucets are taken out before they ever had a chance to go through our home. We looked at RainSoft and decided to try their products. We got the whole house water and air filtration as well as the thing that's hooked up to the washer. My wife and young daughter have a lot of allergies and we could tell the difference since the installation. The air purification was also better. RainSoft delivered top-notch service. The salesman was very accommodating and I had a very good experience with him. He was also there when the installers came. He wanted to see how the system worked out and communicated with the installers.

My wife did not like hotels that have the water softeners and conditioners, and the effects they had on the skin and hair. A friend told me about RainSoft so I set up a consultation with their sales representative which went great. He asked me questions and because of our similar personalities, we kind of hit it off very well. The guy sold me the whole house thing and I was caught hook, line and sinker. I got the reversal osmosis, the clothes washer, and the air vent system for allergies. Also, I had a plane to catch and was in a time crunch so the sales representative made a quick phone call and told the installers to help me out immediately. Four guys came the next day and each one worked on a project.

My wife noticed the difference immediately but I didn't notice it for a while. When one of the gentlemen came back to talk with us, I told him that from the houses I've been in with water softeners, not RainSoft necessarily, my skin felt like I couldn’t rinse the soap off. But I wasn't feeling that at our house. So he went out and showed me how to do adjustments. He even made a slight adjustment for me. Within a couple of days, I was feeling the difference, too. Overall, RainSoft is a platinum plus as far as I'm concerned.

We saw the information on water treatment systems at Home Depot and we had someone from RainSoft come out and look at our stuff. Everything went well with the sales representative. We had a good conversation about the water and the area. He was also very personable and super friendly. We purchased the water softener and we like it. Our overall experience was excellent and now the water is better at our home.

We knew that the water here in Florida, especially well water, had a lot of minerals and iron so we decided we should put a whole house filter on or just a filter under the sink. We had a whole house filter system from up in Maine and we said to try it down here so we decided to research on it. Someone also mentioned RainSoft to us so we decided to call the company. My wife and I are both retired, so the schedule worked well anytime. Then they sent a sales rep out and she did a very good job of showing us the problems with water and explained to us about Florida water. She was very thorough and ensured that we saw everything that came out of our faucet. She also showed us maps of the water areas in the Florida area where we’re at, and what’s in it. We figured it looks good to us and I was really surprised because we have city water here and how all the stuff was still in it.

We thought it would be super clean and filtered before it comes to the house but it’s not the case so we got the whole house water softener with the tank that holds the salt and the filtering system that she showed us. One guy came to install it and he did a very good job. It was very, very warm and humid that day, but he did a great job and moved on. It’s all set up very nicely and so far, it’s been looking great. The taste of the water is very good compared to what we had before. We also don’t have any rust stains or anything else in the sink plus the showers are very good that we don’t feel like you need to shower again after you take a shower. Everything went very smoothly and we’ve been happy with it ever since. I have recommended it to several other people that we know as well.

At first I was very hesitant towards this product because growing up you were told about how dirty tap water was and to not drink it. After using this product for a month my husband and I have saw a huge change in not only money we've been saving but how our clothes and skin feel from using purified water. I would recommend this to everyone. From excellent customer service to fast installment.

Our water wasn’t the best but it wasn’t bad either. The water was hard on our laundry, our bodies, and everything. The chlorine was nasty enough. The guy who runs the RainSoft place lives across the street from me. He did an excellent job during the consultation. He shared with me everything that was wrong with my water and he went through details on each problem as far as using our laundry detergent, as well as with the new pipes and other items in the house. He explained everything very well. I got the water softener and the installation team did great. I’ve had some bad experiences in the past with other things at the house. But it went smoothly with RainSoft. Everything was done on time like they said it would be. Since the installation, I can tell the big difference with my skin, our laundry and my wife's hair especially. It’s made a world of difference and it's been a great experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was interested in a water softener for the inside of the house because I want our water to be as good as, if not better than, the soft water that I get out of my refrigerator, as well as to get rid of any kind of bacteria or allergy that you get in regular water that comes from the city or out of the well. I ventured around and read about RainSoft in the paper. And my wife asked for a representative from RainSoft to come over to our house and explain what kind of units they have, the costs and what they all did. The guy that came over knew the product inside out and explained the different types of units and what would be necessary for us to have and what we don't need to have, what type of long-term care we want and the products to use with their water softener which should make everything cleaner, easier, and smoother. He was very good.

I bought the system with twin cylinders for the water and a salt storage tank and we had them install it in the garage so that it wouldn't get weathered. I like the product and the company that installed it. They were very meticulous and precise, and I was very happy with the outcome. RainSoft brings the cubicle salt periodically as it would be needed and all I got to do is check the container once in a while and see how it is. And they come every six months to take a look at it.

Since having the system, my body is a little slicker. And because the water is softer and smoother, I use less soap. The clothing looks whiter because the system produces better water. Also, the drinking is great and we drink tons of tap water. All in all, RainSoft has a great product and I will advertise for it anytime. Also, they were on-time, they were priced right and took care of everything that I asked, and they did anything that they promised.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The RainSoft sales representative who came out for the consultation was very friendly, informative and answered any questions we had. She did a great presentation, showed us the difference between the water we currently have and then what it would be like with their system. We got the RainSoft system for the whole house. And then we also got the reverse osmosis product. RainSoft's installation team was efficient and friendly. Also, they answered any questions I had about the system that wasn't addressed during the presentation. Since having the system installed, my skin is less dry and the water tastes a lot better. Overall, RainSoft is a company that has good and friendly employees who do their job and know their product.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We needed a water softener system and our neighbor suggested RainSoft. Setting up a consultation schedule with them was easy and they came out within a couple of days. The sales rep demonstrated how the product would change the water. He had a little chemistry set and he showed how the system worked and what came out of the water. Then we bought the water conditioning system and we had every faucet in our home treated. It took us a while to get everything ready for them but they brought it out real quick after that and it was a stress-free experience. It was excellent. The installer came out, put it in and then he talked to us about it and asked if we had questions. Apparently, Cape Coral water has got a horrible taste to it and we couldn't drink it before. We had to have a system that purifies it, and now we can drink the water right out of the faucet. That's the main thing, but I also think we use less soap now and the water feels creamier.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We moved down here and my sister-in-law has a water treatment system. We stayed with them for a while and the water was real good for taking a shower. I purchased the RainSoft system. The sales rep was able to answer all of my questions and their installation team did a real good job. They were very friendly, cleaned up afterward, and explained the whole operation to us. RainSoft is very good. I can drink the water out of the tap now.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We knew we had hard water because we live in Missouri. The sales rep explained everything and answered all our questions. He was very knowledgeable and it was great. We purchased a big one for the house and another that goes underneath the sink. The installer was fantastic. He was very friendly and also knowledgeable. He did an excellent job. My husband had a couple of questions, which can be a pain in the neck, but he answered them and my husband understood him.

Now, our clothes are a lot cleaner and I noticed our towels are a lot fluffier. And of course, the water tastes a lot better out of the faucet we have that's strictly for drinking. The shower doesn't get dirty. I don't use as much detergent, too. We feel clean and it's amazing. We also get to use their products but I haven't started that yet because I wanted to use what we already have first. I don't want to throw it away but we're getting close to using all that. RainSoft Water Treatment Systems is well worth it and it makes a big difference. Everything was just perfect.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I went to BJ to buy water and a guy came up to me and said he'll give me a $20 card or gift certificate so I signed up. Then they came into my house and said that they're gonna treat my water to see if I have good water and then they were selling me the whole system. The RainSoft sales guy scheduled whenever it was fine for me and he explained everything really good when he came. He was really good and I purchased all the water softener and was given all the soaps to use for the house to do laundry, bleaches and other stuff like that. Also, the installation guy was good and really nice. He explained everything to my husband because I had to go to work and then he cleaned up everything when he was done.

Since having the system, the water is softer and the soap is very soft when I take a shower. It looks like I have a lot of moisture on me and the soap goes quickly because the water is so soft that I don’t have to use a lot of soap. It's very good but my husband says that he doesn’t like it because supposedly his skin gets itchy with the water. But everything was fine for me and I haven’t any problems yet. My overall experience with RainSoft is very good except that I never received the $20 gift card the guy in BJ told me about.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We have a reverse osmosis that we put on our cabin in the mountains. We wanted to have the same system in our refrigerator and I also want to use the same system for my CPAP. So I called Rainsoft and said we'd like to look at one. They scheduled an appointment and their sales representative looked at what the installation would be and gave me a reasonable price, so we went with it. Their installation team struggled a bit because they had to go behind the covers to get around the refrigerator, but it didn't take them long to get that figured out. Since installing the system, we've been getting our water through it instead of the tap.

RainSoft approached us and they offered a presentation in our home about the water quality. The experience was fine, with everybody informative and helpful. The sales reps were very knowledgeable and gave a very good presentation. They brought things to our attention we were not aware of. We bought the filtration system that is under the sink in the kitchen and the installation team was on time and explained what they were doing.

We just moved to the area and heard a lot of bad things about the water. We set up a consultation with RainSoft’s sales rep which was simple. They scheduled the consultation that same day. The sales rep was very professional, knowledgeable, not pushy and explained everything in a way that everybody could understand. We purchased the drinking water filters and the washer set-up. The installation team was professional. They were on time and got everything that we needed to be done. The water is so much better now. My wife used to have bumps on her shoulder and those have gone away. Overall, our experience with RainSoft was convenient, easy and fast.

I bought my first house in Nov 1999. The very first major purchase was a RainSoft water softener. All went well for the first 3 years. Then everything started to malfunction. No worries it has a lifetime warranty. Imagine everything that malfunctioned was not covered. In 2 years I have paid over $1000.00 for repairs and the treatment system is still not working.

Please shop around. You will see that RainSoft has a lot of good reviews but they are all new customers and have not experienced the true company yet. Your service calls will be $99.00 and another $160.00 for the filters. This is where they tell you your system isn’t working. They will try to sell you a upgrade system, which is thousands more dollars. They will charge you 365.00 to fix and the problem will still exist. Year after year it will be the same song and dance. I am from Columbus Ohio and I am and will get on every social network to help educate people on this company. Please don't fall victim.

We had the house we're living in built in 1992. The water was was hard. It's a well and there are all kinds of rocks. We drilled through them to get to the well. That's why we began researching for water treatment systems. The first one we purchased from Rainsoft was a great big white one with a big black on its back. And we've just purchased the second one. Since having the RainSoft system, everything comes out nice and soft after washing. The dishes also come out of the dishwasher clean. Everything seems to work very well.

The installation team was from Gatineau, but now we're dealing with RainSoft in Ottawa, down off the Montreal Road. Scheduling an appointment with RainSoft was very easy and they've always been very polite and nice. The only thing is trying to find the office down in that little business. The numbers don't seem to get follow-ups and one after another, they jumped from one street to the next. We always find them but it takes a while to do so.

We were not happy with the taste of our water. There was stuff in it that shouldn't have been. I was walking through Home Depot and I saw Rainsoft's water sample mailing thing. So I did that and RainSoft contacted me after they got the sample. The sales representative was good and very thorough. He seemed very knowledgeable and he convinced us to get their product. We purchased the whole-house filter for our condo and we got the ozone thing for the washing machine. The CleanStart puts ozone into the water and it's kind of weird that you don't need to use detergent. My husband tells me everything smells better though.

The installation team screwed up a little bit. You're supposed to only use cold water with the CleanStart on the washing machine. And in the beginning, the guy inadvertently reconnected the hot water to it. There are two different models. One is for high-efficiency washers and one is for regular washers. The guy put the regular washer on and they weren't sure whether that was the correct one. So they sent another guy out who knew a little more about the product. And he was ready to put the other one. I have a high-efficiency machine and he was ready to put it in but he watched it go through a cycle and he thought that this one was fine and he only used cold water so he connected the cold water to it. But we got it all put in correctly in the end and it's all fixed now.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RainSoft, A Division of Aquion, Inc.?

I already had RainSoft several years ago but this time when I bought and went with them, it was through a deal that they had through Home Depot. I filled out a questionnaire on the water and then they came out and did a water sample. I got the RainSoft product that has two tanks. One has the water softener and the filter system that treats the whole house and then one for the drinking water that has the three filters and does the reverse osmosis, and the alkaline system. The installation team showed up when they're supposed to and they scheduled it in my time. They were very nice, helpful, and had done a good job. Several of the features that they pointed out are working and doing good. The water in our house now is softer and I'm satisfied with this product. I've been using it for two months now. I've already recommended it to my friends as well.

I like this product except for the fact that I was promised 5 years of the detergents and shampoos but I haven't received anything. I called and we've had three runarounds on it and we still haven't got any product. The only way we can get any of the product is to buy as much as they give us and that wasn't what was explained.

I had a good experience with the rep who approached me at Home Depot regarding Rainsoft. She was nice and didn't make fun of me. I ended up getting a correlator and a carbon filter. I signed up for their water evaluation too and a guy came out to do it. Then this guy said he would help me have the items I bought out. He was also part of the installation team. After the installation, I called them on the phone and they were very straightforward and honest about what they did, and they took care of everything. Since having the system installed, my water softener works a lot better and I'm not having issues with it anymore.

I was concerned about the condition of the water so I looked into water treatment systems. I got the conditioner and the alkaline water from RainSoft.The interactions with the sales reps were very pleasant and personable. It's been a great experience for us with the installation team and the product. I love it and the water tastes better.

I've had RainSoft in the past and we also got it for my new house. The price was a little shocking at first but I got over it and I had a very good experience. I had multiple people come in. First a sales rep came who told me they’re going to test the water and then the installation guy came in, asked where I wanted to put the system and I didn't talk to him until he left. He was here for an hour. Then my sales rep came back a week later to make sure everything's working properly. Two weeks after that another person came out and he explained other stuff and tested the water again to make sure the system is working.

Home Depot had a RainSoft display that would check water and then make recommendations. We were building a new house and dug a well and I wanted to have the water checked out. Setting up the consultation was simple. RainSoft called me and asked to set up a time and a guy came out and did a presentation. We were in the process of selling an old house at the time so we didn't do it right away. I called them back in four or five months and said we were ready, and the guy came out again, did the test, and then scheduled the installation for us. Then there was a mix up with the financing through Home Depot since they were supposed to give us 24 months and they only did 12, but a few phone calls resolved that.

We got the oxidizer, the softener and the filter that goes under the sink. The installation was easy, fast and didn't interfere with what we are doing in the house. They had to come back a couple of weeks ago because one of the pipes they installed for the drain came loose and broke. I called them and they came back the next day and fixed it again. The water system made a huge difference as we had a sulfur smell in the water but now our water's perfect and it's better than the city water at our old house.

I live in the country and we live right down from a water treatment facility. My water had been bad for years then I was at Home Depot one day and they had one of their water treatment sales. The salesman is alright and a typical one who sells something to you, but then when you've got questions, he won’t answer his phone. He’s also a typical poser who promised stuff that didn’t happen.

But I got a RainSoft water treatment deal which is outside the house and the system had a line that discharges salt water. The installation team had run it on the ground and I asked them to come back and run it somewhere else. They did and I’m completely satisfied with the installation team and the management ‘cause they've always called and given me a heads-up. They were very good people and they went above and beyond. I’m also happy with the system. I used to have hard products and whenever I get out of the bath, I would feel sticky. This system completely took care of all that. It's a good system, just extravagant, but I’m 100% satisfied.

I was at Home Depot and did a water test, and RainSoft called me for the result. Their sales rep, Brian, was very good and very knowledgeable. He was quick and very nice, too. During the consultation, my grandson was there and Brian did all the steps in front of him. He had my grandson participate, too, and it was a good experience for him and for us. We got the water filtration system and the installer was very polite. He did the installation in the ground for the tanking. He also installed the air filter system. It was not a good experience though when he installed the AC plug. It went through my pantry wall. I had a big electrical box plugged into my wall in the hallway and it was the only thing there so it looked odd. So, I called them and he came back and fixed it. He was a nice guy but needs a little bit of experience. Nevertheless, I already recommended RainSoft to other customers. Since we had it, the air is much crisper and fresher, and the water is much better.

The guy from Rainsoft who came to my house was very friendly. We had shopped around and found a better price somewhere else so I asked him about about it. He didn’t have to come down at the price but he matched it for us and I appreciate that. However, it also made me feel a little guilty about asking and I wasn’t comfortable with it, but he was very nice. We got the reverse osmosis system for drinking water in the kitchen. We love the water. I feel better drinking clean water so it’s really important for me to have filtered water.

I was talked to in Home Depot about RainSoft. When they came out and did their little demonstration, they filtered some water so you can taste, feel and actually see the difference. The guy that came out was good but a bit pushy. At the end, he was trying to make you feel bad for not buying the system from him, which at that time, was pricey and costs $8,000 or $9,000. He almost got me late picking up my daughter because they’re only supposed to take 30 minutes and he took an hour.

I got a call a week later and they had a wholesale. I was interested in that and bought another system but for $3,000. It’s an EC4 home water softener and a reverse osmosis under the sink. Our dishes, the bathroom, showers and shower doors are cleaner. Also, our clothes are getting cleaner as well. The install team was really good, professional and was on time. I had a part go out recently and they came out and fixed it at no charge. I understand they’re busy but I wish they would’ve come out a little sooner because three or four days are a while for you to wait for water and at that time it was pumping the nasty stuff. It was covering everything because the power went out.

I was going to send in testing on my water mainly for lead, and my daughter found RainSoft through Home Depot. The sales rep was good at her job. I got a dehumidifier, the water softener, and their no detergent laundry system. The installation team left a hole about a foot long in the drywall, though. But other than that, the water is great and wonderful for shower. The no detergent laundry system helps out a lot as far as the clothes are cleaner. I'm glad we got RainSoft.

We had hard water so we got the conditioning system, the laundry system and the drinking water system from RainSoft. During the consultation, the sales rep was very informative, nice, helpful and not pushy. He's easy to talk to. The installer of the system was also informative and very helpful. He showed us how to do everything and explained what he was doing, setting up-wise and what to do if you had any issues. After the installation, we noticed some changes mostly with laundry. The water is soft now in all the shower heads. There's no buildup or anything on it. Overall, RainSoft is very professional.

My spouse was at Home Depot and the sales clerk mentioned RainSoft to her. He gave us a number to call if we were interested. I wanted them to come out and test our water. We were interested in seeing what they had to offer. Setting up our consultation with the sales rep was very easy, and we found our interactions to be very interesting, well-informed, and entertaining. We got their air purification and drinking water filters, and the installer was very efficient. He came when he was supposed to and explained the whole thing to us during the install. He was very well-informed, too. Since having the RainSoft system, we've noticed that our dishes don’t have spots on them when they come out of the dishwasher.

When we tried to switch the thing over when we watered the lawn, I couldn’t quite remember exactly how to get it back to where it was supposed to be. We could definitely notice the difference in the water. So, we called and they had somebody come out very quickly. He went over how to switch the valve over so we'd be using our soft water to water the lawn. He explained that to us again, showed us what had gone wrong, and was very patient and very well-informed. They came out in a very timely fashion. So, we were impressed with that. It was a very professional experience and we’d recommend RainSoft.

Someone at Home Depot was asking everybody if they wanted a water test so I said, "Why not?" He wrote something down, gave me slip, and said somebody will call me. The guy that came to my house to sell the RainSoft Water Treatment system was amazing. I got it because Dan was excited about his product, knew what he was talking about, and made me feel like I needed it. I love it. I got the drinking water filter for underneath my sink. The installation team was wonderful. I like it when people know what they're doing and they don't look dumb. I noticed that the water for washing clothes and dishes feels different.

We had had RainSoft in our last home. We were concerned with the minerals in our water. The RainSoft rep came in, looked at it, told us what was wrong, and gave us several options. He wasn't pushy about one over another too and he let us choose. We got the water softener and a unit to remove chlorine. The chlorine remover worked well and it has made a big difference in the amount of chlorine in the water. It wasn’t ashy after taking a shower and so on. We could definitely tell the water was softer as well. It was a great experience and they were very professional at RainSoft.

I’m slightly allergic to bleach and the city was gonna put it in my water. I set up a consultation with the RainSoft sales rep which was easy. He gave the presentation and explained the benefits of the system and did some cleaning demonstrations. We purchased the smaller RainSoft system and we also did the Reverse Osmosis for our refrigerator. However, when the installation team came, they only plugged the system to my hot water side and they didn’t do it to the other side. So when the guys came out to test the water and the system, it failed. The installers had to come back out and redo the plumbing, but now it’s plugged at both sides.

However, I’m not 100% satisfied. I have hard water and I’m still getting deposits in my toilet. I have a black toilet so I could really see the white build-ups in there. I have to go and clean it with the rag, soap and cleanser. The system may not be working properly 'cause I thought it’s supposed to get everything out of the water and I'm confused so I've been thinking about calling the team so they can come out.

We bought Rainsoft water system 20 years ago and recently bought another whole new system as a replacement. We called someone over the phone then a service guy came in and did all the set up. He was very knowledgeable and he helped us a lot. It was a very good and professional experience with Rainsoft and I would recommend them.

We were looking at different water softeners at Home Depot and there was a guy talking about RainSoft. The name has been around forever so I’ve known about it. We set up an appointment through the guy at Home Depot and one of the representatives, Crystal, came to our house. She was really professional but laid back and personable. She made us feel comfortable and she did a great job. She had a lot of product knowledge and gave a presentation that was not a hard pressure sale. We bought the water softener, the filter underneath our sink and the thing for the washing machine.

The first guy that came out for the installation had a really thick accent and my wife had a hard time understanding him when he was trying to explain how they do things. Other than that, he did a good job at installing things and everything was great. My wife is a hairstylist and notices things about hair and we had really hard water so she refused to wash her hair at our house, but she can wash her hair at our house now instead of at the gym or at work. RainSoft made a difference in our house and we’ve already had one of our friends install one.

We have hard water and when RainSoft came out, did the testing and showed us the result, that's when I realized it was that bad. The consultation with the sales rep went really well. It took a bit longer than expected but he was really thorough with his explanation and he was very courteous. He did a really good job in his sales pitch. We bought a system for the whole house, except for the laundry part. Then we had one installer come out and he did really well. He was there pretty much all day long though because it was only him and he had to go from one corner of the garage to the other diagonal. At one point, I had to leave and he continued working in the garage and finished it up. Since the installation, my skin is no longer as dry as it was before. I’m also able to wash things in my dishwasher without them coming out covered in a white film. Overall, it was a great experience.

RainSoft called, asked us if we would do a free demonstration for the water filtering system, and we did it. Their sales reps were friendly and knowledgeable and the installation was quick. The installer was on time and he explained the system to us. It was great learning the water supply that was coming into our house before and what we have now. However, I'm still having issues with adjusting the detergent to use in the dishwasher to get the dishes clean. But so far, it’s been a real good experience.

For health reasons, I wanted to see what was in the water and what might be harming us. The RainSoft sales rep showed up and he told us everything that we needed to know. He was very polite and friendly and we had no problems. I purchased their water softener and it only took a little more than an hour to install. Since then, the water tastes better however, I was getting breakouts when I started using the water and the oatmeal soap that came with the softener. But they’re all gone. I’m very pleased with RainSoft.

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems

Thank you for making us aware of your concerns. We will be contacting your local dealer.

Original review: July 19, 2017

I would absolutely never recommend RainSoft water systems to anyone! Installation for the unit was close to 2,000 (if not more) and we were suppose to have someone contact us after 6 months to get the filters replaced. 11 months later and no response so I called... $99 dollars for the service tech to come out and replace the filters plus an extra $66 for the actual filters!? This was definitely not disclosed on "selling of the unit" to our home. There are many other companies that do water treatment and filtration systems... I would recommend going to them instead. Not an astronomical price for their unit and no hidden fees! Very very disappointed???

We didn't drink our water before and we wanted to get it tested. We found out about Rainsoft through Home Depot and setting up the consultation with their sales representative was good and easy. I purchased every product that they showed me. The installation team loved our house because it was already set up for what they installed. With the system in place, our water is cleaner. It's been a very good experience.

We heard about RainSoft from a friend and neighbor and bought our first system in '94. We got our second one and it's the home filtration system and something for the drinking water. It's always been positive with their sales reps. We've always had difficulties with them finding our home but that’s because of the mapping services. But everything has worked out well. They were friendly and knowledgeable. Then the team installed the system carefully and well. It's been very nice and the water has been much better. Our well water has a lot of calcification with mostly calcium and silt making it very hard. But there's been a difference in the hardness of the water.

We've been RainSoft customers for 17 years. We were in Jacksonville, Florida 15 years ago, and we saw RainSoft at a home show and bought one for our home there. Then we moved and looked for a RainSoft dealer and they immediately installed it in our current home. We knew what we wanted so talking to the sales rep was like an order taking. We got a softener with a carbon unit attached to it. The installation team did a good job, then a rep came back a few days later and made sure we understood how the unit operated. The water is soft and we get no build-up on anything that relates to the shower because of the water's clarity. Everything worked out great.

I value good drinking water and was curious so I researched about water treatment systems. I then sent RainSoft my spring water test through Home Depot. Anyone who came here for consultation was pleasant, and their installation team was also knowledgeable. Everybody knows what they were doing, so that helps the whole process. It’s pleasant outside of its cost. I got the RainSoft filtration system for my water and it works well, like it’s safe for the children. The difference is fairly obvious too - your skin is less dry, your hair is less coarse. Their products work better!

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems Company Profile

RainSoft, A Division of Aquion, Inc.
1953