4.54/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Since 1953, RainSoft has been a worldwide leader in providing families with premium water treatment and air purification systems. RainSoft is dedicated to designing, manufacturing and offering the industry's most diverse product line of water and air solutions for families like yours.

Our corporate Customer Focus Team ensures that each and every RainSoft customer is satisfied and exceeds every expectation. If you have a question, comment or concern, we encourage you to contact us directly at 1-800-RAINSOFT and ask to speak with our customer service group.

A leader in the water treatment industry since 1953, RainSoft takes the worry out of water.

RainSoft, A Division of Aquion, Inc. Video
RainSoft, A Division of Aquion, Inc. Gallery (1)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

2252 RainSoft Water Treatment Systems Consumer Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: March 17, 2019

We were in a JCPenney in Aurora, Colorado and RainSoft Water Treatment Systems had the water test for free. We could grab one and test our water, so we did it. We came home and tested our water. RainSoft sent a representative out after they got our results to explain to us all about our water, the hardening, and the softening. We didn’t need a softener at all, but we got the filter. The sales rep that came out was new. We were his third or fourth presentation, but he did very well. He was here longer than he was planning to be here. He tried really hard and did a really good job answering our questions. If he couldn’t answer our questions, he immediately got on the phone with somebody to get them answered.

The installation, on the other hand, was a bit different. We ended up having two days of having the installer come out and the note that the sales rep took while he was here didn’t get transferred to the installer, so when he got on site, he wasn’t prepared for our type of house and where we wanted to put our unit. We were also told that since we don’t have a basement, the unit would sit outside and that RainSoft would be building the shelter that it would sit in. The installer was only able to install part of the system, then he had to come out later. We had to make a compromise on where the unit would fit. Now, the unit sits on our dining room, so it looks like we have a silver torpedo in our dining. He ended up cutting our phone lines when he drilled the holes through the floor to run the pipes and we had the phone company come out and fix that. We were also told that the pipes would not freeze, but they ended up freezing one night.

I had to get electric heaters underneath the house to get everything thawed. Also, when he put the stuff in under the sink, when he rerouted our dishwasher drain and put the drain for the filtration system in, it was backing up into my dishwasher and causing the dishwasher to go into a drain cycle every time we would use the water system. The installation was a bit more frustrating than the sales rep. We also had another guy come out the day after the install because the water was gray. We weren’t informed it could be gray for a while until all the sediments and stuff inside the tank worked its way out in the line. We ended up having another guy come out and do a bit more explanation on that.

The guy that came out and did the install was a little frustrated because he didn’t know all the information. He felt very unprepared when he came out. But he was very friendly to talk to and eager to work with us. He did some stuff above and beyond what he would have had to have done. Overall, the guys have been really good. We can call them up and we get an answer back right away, or they send a tech out within 24 hours. We are 45 miles from the nearest major city and they are still trying to get somebody out here to take care of us, so I am pleased.

Now that everything is settled, the water quality has been tons better. We can drink our water and our ice is so much better. We can ice, so we don’t have to buy bagged ice now. We don’t have to buy bottled water that much. We buy some just to have on hand in case the waterline freezes or we are going somewhere. Overall, we are very happy with the system and I would recommend the system to anybody in our small town.

Get expert buying tips about Water Treatment Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

I was looking into buying a new house and I had the water tested. It failed for E. coli, cholera, bacteria, and lead. I had the Triple Duos and failed for all four tests. I was trying to find a company that could correct the system before I make an offer on the house. I was given the names of a couple of companies in the area and RainSoft was one of the companies that came out. I had gotten different estimates and opted to go with RainSoft. I had three different companies come out. One explained everything in their terminology and I had no idea what they were talking about.

The RainSoft reps were very easy to work with. They explained everything to a layman who doesn’t understand the problems with water and what’s involved in it. They explained everything in detail as to how the different systems would work so it’s drinkable water and how it would fix the problems. There are a couple things I didn’t understand though, but I had decided upon them and it really didn’t make a difference. I was stuck with the way the system was. I didn’t realize that correcting for the lead in the water would be a completely different system. You only put it on a faucet that you’re gonna drink from. I wanted it on everything in the house so that I can go drink the water in the bathroom or the water outside from a garden hose, but it’s so expensive to do it that way.

RainSoft was the only company that was willing to do what I wanted. I have a rancher, but it’s a modular house and there is no basement underneath of it. There’s a crawlspace. All the houses I’ve looked at or people that I know that have the system have a basement and everything is physically in the basement. The filters are also in the basement.

I was trying to get everything put into a closet in the third bedroom or on one of the inside walls in that particular bedroom if it wouldn’t fit in the closet because of size constraint. I was trying to get it, so I don’t have to crawl underneath the house to try to change filters or to physically check to see if the system is working. The owner wasn’t sure if the technician could do it. When the technician came out, I explained to him the situation. I am handicapped and I can’t crawl. If I gotta go underneath the house, I gotta sit on my butt to pull myself backward. I was trying to make it convenient for me to be able to check the system and change filters on my own instead of paying somebody else to do it. He was able to explain to me how it was gonna go.

The house has water coming from a well. For some strange reason, whoever put this house up decided to put the main water shut-off in the rear back corner of the house and you gotta crawl from one end of the house all the way to the other end to shut the water off. To me, the main shut-off valve should be placed near where it comes out of the ground or where it first comes into the house. The RainSoft technician put a master shut-off in the closet, just before the entire system. I was very happy with the work he did. He was also very helpful in explaining the entire system to me, how it works, and how I need to maintain it.

The water looks clearer now and it's drinkable. I had asked for an additional test just to have my own peace of mind after the installation was done and they did. They sent me the results and it showed that everything is below what the acceptable levels are. I wouldn’t say crystal clear water, but I have clean water. I would highly recommend RainSoft to anybody that has similar problems.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

We bought an older wartime house, so we wanted to test the water and make sure that there was nothing wrong with the pipes. We got one of the free water tests at Home Depot and we got it back during a consultation. The consultant recommended the RainSoft products to us. He made some good points about RainSoft, so we decided to give it a try. He presented all the information in a way that was factual but still entertaining and it didn’t bore us at all. He was very personable and easy to talk to. He is one of those guys that you feel like you’ve known forever. My husband is usually very quiet and lets me do all the talking, but he was making jokes with the consultant. He had a really good personality. He was also really good with our dog, who is normally a bit of a stinker. He calmed her down and there was a point that our dog was sitting on his lap and just relaxed. He was really awesome.

I’m 100% happy with the installation and the people that installed the products were knowledgeable, fast, and really personable. They had contacted me a couple of days before to give me a heads up about when they would be coming and they called me when they were on the route. They worked really well and were efficient. A lot of workers would just leave fast, but they cleaned up after themselves. Also, our basement isn’t exactly the easiest to get into, but they’ve managed to get in and out without a problem and complaints, which I was impressed because I complain when I go to my basement. They were amazing.

My husband and I have been really happy with the RainSoft products. We got the water softener and the reverse osmosis, and they've been working extremely well. I’ve been absolutely in love with the soft water and reverse osmosis drinking water. It’s the best water I’ve ever had and I’ve never felt healthier. I’m loving the system and I now use fewer body products, especially moisturizers because the water isn’t drying my skin out as much. I also find my hair has been better. I have very curly and frizzy hair and with the softer water, I find that my conditioner can work better and it isn’t being as bad as it normally is.

I’ve been trying to drink the the reverse osmosis water as much as possible and I found I’m getting fewer migraines. When I’m drinking that water with a bit of lemon when I get sick, I feel like I’m getting healthier faster. RainSoft was absolutely amazing and I have zero complaints. I have recommended RainSoft to a couple of friends who have bought houses in the area. I told them to go to Home Depot and get a water test. When we had our house-warming, people were commenting on our water. They asked if we have filtered water or bottled water. They were commenting on how clean the water was.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

I received a postcard in the mail for a $20 gift certificate to Walmart which was my go-to store. I called the number and I left a voicemail. Somebody called me back to say that they would have somebody come out to do the water test and that they would bring the $20 gift card. Two different people called me so I called in and confirmed the day and time that somebody would be showing up for the appointment. When the man came out and started doing everything, that’s when I realized it was actually RainSoft, so I was happy about that. However, the man who came out to do the water test was an hour late and he just showed up. I told him that I didn’t think he was coming because the appointment was at 9:30 and it was 10:30 on a Saturday. He said that he was told that he needed to get over here. So, he came in.

When he was doing the tests, I asked him how long it was going to take because I had a girlfriend that was gonna be on her way over. I was trying to tell her about it because she would like it and she did. However, the cost was a concern to her. I told her it was 18 months with no interest. She said that it still breaks down to a lot of money. The guy immediately snapped back at her and and told her that we would have a problem if she kills his show. Even though he was late, we were doing okay but I saw a little bit of a different side of him when he snapped back at her, and that was a little unsettling to me because I told him I’m familiar with the product. Even though I’m a single mom and it’ll be tight on budgeting, I know it was worth it. So, I was frustrated with what he said to my girlfriend.

I got it set up for a Friday morning. And when I was getting it set up, I talked to one of the ladies that I would like an early morning appointment because once a week, I have been coming in late because I’ve been to get things fixed and getting some kind of resolution that might manage what I have going on at home. So, my boss has been frustrated with me about that. That way, I don’t have to take off as much time and that would be great. So the lady went ahead and got it set up for me. She said that they would give me a call when they’re on their way. I told her that my babysitter would be going to other places, watching other people’s kids and she would have to take my daughter with her. I would rather go ahead and be able to go and take my baby to the babysitters before they even get there to install things. That way, once they install everything, I can head straight to work after they’re done.

She confirmed with me the day before and told me it would be anywhere between 7:30 and 8:00 when they get there. However, they did not call before they came, and they rang the doorbell and woke my baby up. They went ahead and they came inside and the salesman ended up telling my girlfriend why she was there. He told her that if she goes ahead and sign up for RainSoft, he would throw in a free osmosis for both of us. That was not something that me and him had even talked about because he didn’t wanna overwhelm me. Being a single mom and not having any kind of extra income except for my own, money is very important to me. So, my girlfriend decided to sign up for it. The guy who came in looked at my sink and told me he cannot put my osmosis in because he didn’t have the drill bit for my sink. He told me that they would call and set that up for me some other time, but he would do the other thing.

He and his friend went downstairs and did the setup. So, I asked him when they came out to install this system how long that actually takes because I needed to go ahead and let my boss know the time that I’ll be coming in. He told me that they would take an hour and a half. After two and a half hours, I went down and asked them how much longer they would be because I needed to get my baby over to the babysitter. He said it would only be 10 more minutes and I told them I couldn’t wait 10 more minutes. I have to leave now because I would take her over there, but she doesn't live too far away, so I can be back within 10 to 15 minutes. He said he needed me to sign a paper and I need to get my water pressure tested because it was high. He showed me where to turn off the water on the system.

I had to go take my baby to the babysitters and I asked them to close the garage when they get done, and they did. About a week and a half went by, and nobody had called me back to put in the osmosis thing. So, I called back and asked when that somebody would be available to come out. I told them that I didn’t want that man coming back out because he was rude to me when it wasn’t my fault. So, the other guy came out to do the osmosis. He was very nice and polite. I liked him a lot. When he got there, he asked me if I was gonna upgrade my sink eventually or upgrade my faucet, and I told them eventually I would like to. He asked me if he could just put it in right there and I wouldn’t have a sprayer thing anymore. I told him that it was not a problem so he went ahead and put it in.

After a couple of weeks, it got loose and I had to call back and get somebody come out there. They ended up sending that other guy out but he couldn’t figure it out, and he said he was gonna call the other guy to come out here. I asked him not to have the guy that first came out because I didn’t like his demeanor. He ignored that and the other guy ended up coming back. He came in and got it fixed within a matter of a few minutes and he was quick. He brought up that I called in and complained to corporate, and he wanted to ask what that was about. I told him that it was the whole process from start to finish. Every component has been horrific from a customer service standpoint. It could have been avoided if the right hand knew what the left hand was doing over there.

Even my girlfriend that signed up, her whole thing has been not good, either. I do know some people that would benefit from their system, but she and I were of the same opinion. We don’t want anybody to go through what we had to go through. Even though the system is great and we love RainSoft, that company that’s out here wheeling and dealing for them either need new management, or they have too much stuff going on. It’s been a frustrating experience. They got it fixed but we ended up having to call back because we didn’t get the liquid soap email. They finally sent that to us last week or the ending of the week but we had to keep calling in to follow up and to touch base. It hasn’t been a pleasant experience but we love the product. Once I knew it was RainSoft, it was guaranteed for me because he also brought up the whole salt package and that should last me for a long time. That wound up paying for itself.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

We were referred to RainSoft by a friend since the water that was coming in to our house was extremely hard. We were having a lot of hard water spots or lime. The sales rep came in and tested the water. He explained what he was doing, how the system worked and he had a portable treatment center that showed us what the results would be if we did get a system. He was quite talkative.

We never use our tap water to drink or cook food. We just bought bottled water and have big five-gallon bottles delivered. So we confirmed what we had been thinking all along. Knowing that we could get the water coming in to the house cleaner to where maybe we did not have to buy as much bottled water was positive. We bought a three-filter treatment system from RainSoft, that’s outside the house. We also got filters underneath the sink and filters that were added into the refrigerator as well. As an add-on, we also purchased two air purifiers.

The installation guy got here at 4 o’clock in the afternoon and did not leave until 11:00 PM. The friend who referred it also bought the system but their installation took one hour. So this just kept dragging on and on and on. It took forever. It was not all completely his fault. He broke a shut off valve to the house when he first started so he had to repair all of that. But it was not a good experience, like he showed me how to use the system in the dark and he was like, “Well, I can show you in the dark because I know where all the buttons are.” But I didn’t know where the buttons are there.

A gentleman since has come out and check the system to make sure it was functioning properly. At that time he looked at the installation of the system and he apologized for it and said that it should not have been done that way. He had somebody come and fix a little bit of the issue since the tanks were leaning and a few things like that. He also let me know that the guy that did our installation no longer works for them because of the kind of work he did on our house. The new guy had went ahead and repaired it before he left that night and I think that’s part of what took so long on the installation because he was trying to repair the damage.

Since having RainSoft installed I have noticed like when taking a shower that our skin is not as dry. I have also not been experiencing the dry itchiness that we used to have. Also, it takes less laundry detergent and things like that to get the clothes clean and even to wash dishes. RainSoft has definitely been a plus. We referred other people to them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RainSoft, A Division of Aquion, Inc.?

Original review: July 17, 2019

Just bought a house with an RainSoft softener. Your company recommended rebuilding the control unit yearly. $169.95. Less than a month later the unit stuck in regen and dumped hundreds of gallons of water in my yard. Tech came out and told me the seals the previous tech put in were BAD. (They got a bad batch.) Can't wait to see my water bill. I can not recommend RainSoft due to High cost, High maintenance cost, and Poor quality quality replacement parts. The service tech was nice, efficient, and knowledgeable. If I have another problem, the replacement will Not be RainSoft. Hey Culligan man.

Original review: June 25, 2019

I received a card in the mail and began researching water filtration and air treatment systems. RainSoft was the one that I heard about and the reps who came out were good. They knew what they were trying to sell and showed us how it works and explained everything. The installation crew did a good job and since having the water system installed, we’ve had a different feeling in our skin. I’m satisfied with my experience with RainSoft.

Original review: June 20, 2019

I've been a RainSoft customer since 1999 and I recently told them that my water system was no longer good. However, their dealer, Home Water Solutions sucked. They are the worst people ever and it's a bummer that you RainSoft only has one dealer in the state of Colorado. I really don't know what they did but it cost me an arm and a leg. Even so, I stayed with Home Water Solutions as I refused to change from RainSoft 'cause it's amazing.

Original review: June 19, 2019

I live in a very small town with horrible well water. I was promised for $8100, I would have perfect drinking water, and would never have to buy water again. I was a 22 year old new homeowner and VERY gullible. I decided that the price was worth my peace of mind. I was promised clean drinking water and peace of mind for my pipes and etc. What I received. I have to call at least once a month because my water is yellow/orange and smells. I do NOT, and have not for a single day trusted to drink this water. Even my pets don't drink this water. My brand new, white tiled shower that I spent a fortune on because I was promised safe water is now yellow. I have to get new shower heads and faucets just about every year because mine get crusted up from this horrible water that I still have. My washers tend to die every two years at this point because they're working overtime and getting clogged with yucky water.

Needless to say, they scammed me. And they have NEVER offered a solution. Other than they now don't charge me for my monthly service calls. Not a win. I've had service guys tells me if I just lived 30 minutes north. I would love my product. The issues is, is that I don't live 30 minutes north. And they should have sold me a product that works for my AREA. I will NEVER recommend their product. It's a waste of money.

Original review: June 19, 2019

We have a new home, and I wanna do some type of investment. So, getting a water system was something that really caught our eye when the guy that was walking around told us that we could put some investment in our home if we have a water system. And also, we have a lot of skin issues and we thought it would be great to try something new and see if it works for us. And our RainSoft system has been working great. We have had it for three months. I really like that it really makes the skin very moist. The only thing I would recommend for sure is to sponsor this whole skin care. The system does really great for people with health issues. So, it’s helped us a lot with our health issues. I would definitely recommend it to a friend.

The installation process was good. The installers were keeping me alert and making sure everything was okay. They went through the steps on how to work the system, and if the startup time is not good, they told me how to reset it. They went over a lot of things and also how to keep it clean. We just had one issue. It was screwed in a little crooked. There was a little leaking under the sink. But right away, they came the next day and fixed it all up for me.

Original review: June 18, 2019

The water is dirty and needs filtration, and I researched water and air treatment systems. We had our first system for over 10 years and it was just wearing out. I’ve known about RainSoft for the last 40 years and this is our second system. The interactions with the reps were great and the people who serviced our RainSoft seemed to be very knowledgeable. I had one incident where a guy put water all over my garage and my furniture was out there, but other than that, it has been fine. I dealt with that at the time. So, we’re good. I got the whole system and the installation team was perfect although they had to come out a second time because a hose busted. They were out the next couple of days. Since having the system installed, the water is softer. I’d recommend RainSoft.

Original review: June 15, 2019

I'm a health coach, so I've always been interested in getting better quality water for the house. We haven't gotten around to doing anything about it yet then a store associate at Home Dept walked up to us and asked if we wanted to get a $20 Home Depot gift card. He also asked if we would agree to have someone come and give us a presentation. Then, he set up an appointment with RainSoft and the rep who came out clearly knew his stuff. He was a little bit of an old-timer kind of guy but he got the job done. We didn't know that much about soft water systems per se, but we knew about the pros and cons of reverse osmosis and alkaline water. We knew the benefits of that and he filled in a few gaps. But mostly, he got to skip through the presentation pretty fast since we were already believers in it.

For the installation, we initially had one of the more junior people come to do the install and he was a very nice guy. He dropped the stuff off, drilled the hole for the spout in the kitchen, and put it in place under the sink spout. But right away, he realized that the situation at our house was beyond what his skill set and his license would allow. He said it would take a very long time for him to do it on his own and he stopped because he said it was clear that we needed the general contractor installer guy to come and do it.

If he hadn't had the good sense to stop, we probably would've been very underwhelmed by how he was planning to install it. But once the other guy came, which was Danny and he comes with a helper, we were over the moon happy with everything that he did. He was fantastic and he did so much. He pointed out something that was out of code with how our sprinkler system was done and was able to fix that so our soft water system didn't push through to the sprinklers and kill everything. He was so knowledgeable and he did everything really well. So that was the best part of the whole RainSoft experience so far.

Original review: June 14, 2019

I had issues with plumbing that led to hard water and so I had my water tested. I went to Home Depot, grabbed one of their free kits and then they sent it to RainSoft. We had a representative not long after that in the house, tested the water, showed us the results of it and that's when I decided that we needed a water softening system. I consulted with their rep and every facet of the whole process was smooth. The rep thought of things that I wouldn't have thought of at the time of installation. It turned out to make the whole job easier afterward, not only for me but for him too. We did the water softening system and the reverse osmosis fountain. Since then, the water tastes better out of the drinking fountain. We use less detergent both with washing the clothes and the dishes. I would highly recommend RainSoft.

Original review: June 14, 2019

I am a currently using Rainsoft Water Treatment System. Raheen ** was very knowledgeable about the product. I have purchased it for the Health benefit for my family. It is investment for your own and family health.

Original review: June 13, 2019

My equipment was old and started falling apart. And then I talked to my water guy that I use. We discussed what kind of replacements we would need. He recommended RainSoft, and I was good with that. The sales rep of RainSoft was terrific. He did a great job. He explained everything in an understandable and representable way. And he's conscientious as can be and makes sure that the job is done right. I purchased the two heads for an acid neutralizer and a charcoal filter.

The installer is a one-man shop and he's a wonder. I'm recommending him to my next-door neighbor for water equipment. He's a great guy. And everything he does and everything he handles is top quality at reasonable rates. He was very approachable and he explained what he was doing and why he was doing it. So far, I've had no issues with RainSoft and everything seems to be working fine. I had some power outage like we do with some rough weather now and again. And the battery backups, I didn't have to reset anything. That's nice and convenient. I've already recommended RainSoft to the neighbors.

Original review: June 12, 2019

The consultation with the sales rep of RainSoft went well. He was knowledgeable and he did a good job in presenting. He was pretty thorough too. We did the washing machine. We also did the reverse osmosis and the full water system. The experience with the installation team was fine, too. No issues. They explained the system as best as they could. They explained how it worked. We had a question and the owner of the company came out and we chatted with him as well. My wife had commented on how impressed she was with washing with cold water with the system and even with showers, the water now is soft. It leaves our skin nice and smooth. The water quality for drinking is good, too. We're impressed with that. We're satisfied and we'd recommend RainSoft.

Original review: June 11, 2019

We had hard water and decided to look into treatment systems. When we consulted a RainSoft rep, he went into detail about the product and answered any questions we had. Then, he followed up with another visit to go over some other things. The whole experience was very professional and it showed that they definitely had some experience in the business.

We got the softener, the conditioner and the QR filter. The quality of the installation was excellent. The installer called before coming to make sure we were here. He was very clean and he did a very nice job installing everything. He explained how the system works and how to use everything. It was very thorough and detailed. Now, our skin is less dry, our hair more shiny, softer and we use less soap products.

Original review: June 10, 2019

My wife got an email for $50 Amazon gift certificate and she clicked on the link which took us to RainSoft. We consulted with their rep and she was very excellent. I was impressed by the way she carried herself and she knew what she was talking about. We got their products and had them installed. The installation was excellent and installers were awesome. They came back and rechecked their work. Everything has been cool. We love RainSoft.

Original review: June 9, 2019

I began researching water treatment systems due to the way the city water was full of chlorine. The appointment setter from RainSoft was pretty courteous and they were able to find a time that worked well for me. The sales rep was knowledgeable and informative. I got the water filter and the installers were nice and willing to answer questions we’d come up with. Now the water’s better.

Original review: June 8, 2019

Setting up a consultation with RainSoft was pretty easy and the representatives who came out were very polite. They made a lot of very good claims to their presentation and they definitely made sense to try and protect our water supply. We purchased the softener and the RODI system. Everything was super good with the installation aside from our sink with the RODI. They installed a faucet but the faucet has come loose and we've had issues trying to find the time that works for both of us as far as getting the repair done. But we've got a good solid date nailed down now. Also, since having the system installed, the way our soap works and how we feel after taking showers are so much better now.

Original review: June 7, 2019

We got an offer to have our water tested. I had to call in and move the schedule one day from the original date because my husband was not gonna be here, and the reps at RainSoft were very nice about doing that. RainSoft made a big difference in the hardness, and softness of our water. My husband enjoyed it so much that he is now working for RainSoft.

Original review: June 6, 2019

During the sales demonstration, the rep informed my wife and I that the system would pay for itself over the course of 3 years. He illustrated how a $200 monthly savings on the various soap products that would be delivered to our door would cover the full cost of the system in 3 years. Based on this claim, we agreed to purchase the system.

We soon discovered that the claim of monthly soap products being delivered to our door was false, so the presentation was misleading and deceptive. Instead of soap products being delivered monthly, you may only obtain the soap products once a year. In short, instead of a $200 monthly savings, it is a $200 yearly saving, which means the product pays for itself in 37 YEARS, not 36 MONTHS. We've only had the system for 2 months, so we attempted to reach the local office to discuss their deceptive sales practices and how they'd like to address this issue. At this time, no one will return our calls. Buyers beware!

Original review: June 4, 2019

It appeared our unit was not working correctly. Rickey ** (our service technician) was experienced, professional and resolved the issue. He immediately noticed there was an issue with the install, took pictures and phoned the company to insure they were aware of the issue. He also told us to call them back if there was any issues.

Original review: May 19, 2019

I was in Home Depot and one of the guys asked me some questions about the water, and they set up for them to come do a water test. Then, when they sent the guy and I learned what was in that water, I decided it was a lot safer water, so I went ahead and got a water softener. It’s the one where I don’t have to do anything but add salt to it every couple of years. Everything went great with the sales rep and I learned a lot. The guys who installed it did it quickly and it was up and running in no time. Since I had the water softener installed, the water is clearer, it tastes good and it’s great to be able to drink it right from the sink. It also feels good when I shower. I made the right decision and I would tell my friends they need to buy it. The experience was perfect and the only thing that could happen better is if I could get somebody to pay for it for me but it’s worth every penny, so I’m happy with it.

Original review: May 16, 2019

When I moved down here, I noticed that the water is not the softest and I needed a water softener. I had one, a Culligan, up in New Jersey that went and I knew what I didn’t like about its system. So, I decided to look for somebody else and I found RainSoft. The installation team put it in, hooked it up and the system has been working ever since. I noticed that the water had more suds when I showered and cleaned the dishes. I’m very satisfied with my experience with RainsSoft and I’m a happy camper. I remember going to one of the other residents in the park who had it first, and then checking with them, they were happy. So, I said that we would go with RainSoft.

Original review: May 12, 2019

The RainSoft representative was knowledgeable about the system, and he did a good demo at home. It’s working really well and we're so comfortable with it, especially my wife and kids. My wife kept having dry skin, and the water system makes a lot of difference with skin rashes. Even if I wash my hand, it’s really smooth on my skin. Before, my two-year-old was itching all over and crying during the night. Now, she is having good sleep.

Original review: May 11, 2019

We called Rainsoft and the rep gave me a price over the phone. I agreed to it because it was cheaper than some of the other places I previously saw. He said, “Well, we can be there in less than a week.” So we made the contract. No one called. I made all the contacts. They called back and confirmed the date. Then they called early in the morning, said they were on the way, and everything went without a hitch. The installation took four hours and they really did a nice job. Everybody we came in contact did a very good job.

Original review: May 10, 2019

We purchased the Rainsoft system and the installation team was efficient. We've had the system for 2 months now and the quality of our water has improved.

Original review: May 7, 2019

I had read intensively on the problem with the water and air quality in LA. Home Depot came in with a person from RainSoft, and sold me on the idea of their water system, so I stayed with them. They did a quality test on the water, showed me what the problems with our water were -- the hardness, the chemicals involved with the drinkable water and then they presented their programs or what they offer in regards to their product. The Home Depot gentleman was there to back him up and answer any of my questions. It was really good and well presented. Unfortunately price is a little bit costly. But that’s not something they can change. Other than that Rainsoft has been good. In less than an hour the installation team was done. And now everyone’s drinking more water at home.

Original review: May 6, 2019

My RainSoft water system is working fine. Everything went smoothly and very good during the installation. It took about an hour and a half. The installer had a problem with the AC installation. He installed the purificator and one of the fuse blew up. So, he had to go to the store and get a new one. But apart from that, everything was good. But my brother had a different brand, and it was way less expensive and they have the same function.

RainSoft, A Division of Aquion, Inc. expert review by Greg Chick

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems is a company that offers residential customers water and air purification services. The company is headquartered in Elk Grove Village, IL, and they serve customers throughout the world.

• Convenience: There are hundreds of dealers across the world that can install RainSoft products, so the company is a convenient choice for customers throughout many parts of the United States and the world.

• Complimentary water test: The company provides customers with complimentary water tests to see if they are good candidates for water treatment or filtration.

• Taste and smell: RainSoft guarantees that their product will reduce unwanted smells and tastes in consumers' water, which makes it better to drink, wash food with, cook with and bathe in.

• Safe filtration methods: RainSoft uses activated carbon filtration, which is a method that has been deemed safe for use by the Environmental Protection Agency, and they do not use any harsh chemical products in their purification process.

• Movable: The filtration systems manufactured by RainSoft can be moved from home to home, which means customers can take their system with them when they move and that they do not have to purchase multiple systems if they end up choosing to live in multiple homes.

• Best for: Homeowners with hard water, homeowners near a compromised water supply and rural customers using well water.

Profile picture of Greg Chick
Greg Chick Water Treatment Systems Contributing Editor

Greg Chick has worked as an entrepreneur for over 40 years with a background in plumbing, irrigation, pools and water heating. He is a member of Green Plumbers USA, International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials and American Society of Plumbing Engineers. Greg works to educate residential consumers about quality plumbing products.

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems Company Information

RainSoft, A Division of Aquion, Inc.
1953