Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was interested in a water softener for the inside of the house because I want our water to be as good as, if not better than, the soft water that I get out of my refrigerator, as well as to get rid of any kind of bacteria or allergy that you get in regular water that comes from the city or out of the well. I ventured around and read about RainSoft in the paper. And my wife asked for a representative from RainSoft to come over to our house and explain what kind of units they have, the costs and what they all did. The guy that came over knew the product inside out and explained the different types of units and what would be necessary for us to have and what we don't need to have, what type of long-term care we want and the products to use with their water softener which should make everything cleaner, easier, and smoother. He was very good.

I bought the system with twin cylinders for the water and a salt storage tank and we had them install it in the garage so that it wouldn't get weathered. I like the product and the company that installed it. They were very meticulous and precise, and I was very happy with the outcome. RainSoft brings the cubicle salt periodically as it would be needed and all I got to do is check the container once in a while and see how it is. And they come every six months to take a look at it.

Since having the system, my body is a little slicker. And because the water is softer and smoother, I use less soap. The clothing looks whiter because the system produces better water. Also, the drinking is great and we drink tons of tap water. All in all, RainSoft has a great product and I will advertise for it anytime. Also, they were on-time, they were priced right and took care of everything that I asked, and they did anything that they promised.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The RainSoft sales representative who came out for the consultation was very friendly, informative and answered any questions we had. She did a great presentation, showed us the difference between the water we currently have and then what it would be like with their system. We got the RainSoft system for the whole house. And then we also got the reverse osmosis product. RainSoft's installation team was efficient and friendly. Also, they answered any questions I had about the system that wasn't addressed during the presentation. Since having the system installed, my skin is less dry and the water tastes a lot better. Overall, RainSoft is a company that has good and friendly employees who do their job and know their product.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We needed a water softener system and our neighbor suggested RainSoft. Setting up a consultation schedule with them was easy and they came out within a couple of days. The sales rep demonstrated how the product would change the water. He had a little chemistry set and he showed how the system worked and what came out of the water. Then we bought the water conditioning system and we had every faucet in our home treated. It took us a while to get everything ready for them but they brought it out real quick after that and it was a stress-free experience. It was excellent. The installer came out, put it in and then he talked to us about it and asked if we had questions. Apparently, Cape Coral water has got a horrible taste to it and we couldn't drink it before. We had to have a system that purifies it, and now we can drink the water right out of the faucet. That's the main thing, but I also think we use less soap now and the water feels creamier.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We moved down here and my sister-in-law has a water treatment system. We stayed with them for a while and the water was real good for taking a shower. I purchased the RainSoft system. The sales rep was able to answer all of my questions and their installation team did a real good job. They were very friendly, cleaned up afterward, and explained the whole operation to us. RainSoft is very good. I can drink the water out of the tap now.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We knew we had hard water because we live in Missouri. The sales rep explained everything and answered all our questions. He was very knowledgeable and it was great. We purchased a big one for the house and another that goes underneath the sink. The installer was fantastic. He was very friendly and also knowledgeable. He did an excellent job. My husband had a couple of questions, which can be a pain in the neck, but he answered them and my husband understood him.

Now, our clothes are a lot cleaner and I noticed our towels are a lot fluffier. And of course, the water tastes a lot better out of the faucet we have that's strictly for drinking. The shower doesn't get dirty. I don't use as much detergent, too. We feel clean and it's amazing. We also get to use their products but I haven't started that yet because I wanted to use what we already have first. I don't want to throw it away but we're getting close to using all that. RainSoft Water Treatment Systems is well worth it and it makes a big difference. Everything was just perfect.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I went to BJ to buy water and a guy came up to me and said he'll give me a $20 card or gift certificate so I signed up. Then they came into my house and said that they're gonna treat my water to see if I have good water and then they were selling me the whole system. The RainSoft sales guy scheduled whenever it was fine for me and he explained everything really good when he came. He was really good and I purchased all the water softener and was given all the soaps to use for the house to do laundry, bleaches and other stuff like that. Also, the installation guy was good and really nice. He explained everything to my husband because I had to go to work and then he cleaned up everything when he was done.

Since having the system, the water is softer and the soap is very soft when I take a shower. It looks like I have a lot of moisture on me and the soap goes quickly because the water is so soft that I don’t have to use a lot of soap. It's very good but my husband says that he doesn’t like it because supposedly his skin gets itchy with the water. But everything was fine for me and I haven’t any problems yet. My overall experience with RainSoft is very good except that I never received the $20 gift card the guy in BJ told me about.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We have a reverse osmosis that we put on our cabin in the mountains. We wanted to have the same system in our refrigerator and I also want to use the same system for my CPAP. So I called Rainsoft and said we'd like to look at one. They scheduled an appointment and their sales representative looked at what the installation would be and gave me a reasonable price, so we went with it. Their installation team struggled a bit because they had to go behind the covers to get around the refrigerator, but it didn't take them long to get that figured out. Since installing the system, we've been getting our water through it instead of the tap.

We knew that the water here in Florida, especially well water, had a lot of minerals and iron so we decided we should put a whole house filter on or just a filter under the sink. We had a whole house filter system from up in Maine and we said to try it down here so we decided to research on it. Someone also mentioned RainSoft to us so we decided to call the company. My wife and I are both retired, so the schedule worked well anytime. Then they sent a sales rep out and she did a very good job of showing us the problems with water and explained to us about Florida water. She was very thorough and ensured that we saw everything that came out of our faucet. She also showed us maps of the water areas in the Florida area where we’re at, and what’s in it. We figured it looks good to us and I was really surprised because we have city water here and how all the stuff was still in it.

We thought it would be super clean and filtered before it comes to the house but it’s not the case so we got the whole house water softener with the tank that holds the salt and the filtering system that she showed us. One guy came to install it and he did a very good job. It was very, very warm and humid that day, but he did a great job and moved on. It’s all set up very nicely and so far, it’s been looking great. The taste of the water is very good compared to what we had before. We also don’t have any rust stains or anything else in the sink plus the showers are very good that we don’t feel like you need to shower again after you take a shower. Everything went very smoothly and we’ve been happy with it ever since. I have recommended it to several other people that we know as well.

RainSoft called, asked us if we would do a free demonstration for the water filtering system, and we did it. Their sales reps were friendly and knowledgeable and the installation was quick. The installer was on time and he explained the system to us. It was great learning the water supply that was coming into our house before and what we have now. However, I'm still having issues with adjusting the detergent to use in the dishwasher to get the dishes clean. But so far, it’s been a real good experience.

I would absolutely never recommend RainSoft water systems to anyone! Installation for the unit was close to 2,000 (if not more) and we were suppose to have someone contact us after 6 months to get the filters replaced. 11 months later and no response so I called... $99 dollars for the service tech to come out and replace the filters plus an extra $66 for the actual filters!? This was definitely not disclosed on "selling of the unit" to our home. There are many other companies that do water treatment and filtration systems... I would recommend going to them instead. Not an astronomical price for their unit and no hidden fees! Very very disappointed???

At first I was very hesitant towards this product because growing up you were told about how dirty tap water was and to not drink it. After using this product for a month my husband and I have saw a huge change in not only money we've been saving but how our clothes and skin feel from using purified water. I would recommend this to everyone. From excellent customer service to fast installment.

We've been RainSoft customers for 17 years. We were in Jacksonville, Florida 15 years ago, and we saw RainSoft at a home show and bought one for our home there. Then we moved and looked for a RainSoft dealer and they immediately installed it in our current home. We knew what we wanted so talking to the sales rep was like an order taking. We got a softener with a carbon unit attached to it. The installation team did a good job, then a rep came back a few days later and made sure we understood how the unit operated. The water is soft and we get no build-up on anything that relates to the shower because of the water's clarity. Everything worked out great.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RainSoft, A Division of Aquion, Inc.?

I value good drinking water and was curious so I researched about water treatment systems. I then sent RainSoft my spring water test through Home Depot. Anyone who came here for consultation was pleasant, and their installation team was also knowledgeable. Everybody knows what they were doing, so that helps the whole process. It’s pleasant outside of its cost. I got the RainSoft filtration system for my water and it works well, like it’s safe for the children. The difference is fairly obvious too - your skin is less dry, your hair is less coarse. Their products work better!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was interested in the benefits of having soft water. Setting up a consultation with RainSoft was seamless and easy. The sales rep was extremely polite and as we were doing the demonstration, he gave us the pros and cons. It was a very positive interaction and he wasn't pushy at all. He was very helpful and he laid out the different plans and the cost versus competitors. I initially purchased a system that didn't come with an electronic screen. But, due to complications with their install, I was upgraded to the next version up.

The installation team wasn't able to install the system the day they came. They poked a few holes in my garage but they couldn't find the main water line. Then they came back after I had a few conversations with the GM, and they figured it out. It required them to poke quite a few holes in my ceiling but they got the job done. They were very courteous and they cleaned up after. Everything has been as they described after the water treatment system was installed. My skin feels a lot softer and there are no streaks when I clean the dishes. Everything feels better. I highly recommend working with RainSoft and I'd be happy to introduce those guys to my friends and colleagues.

About 10 months ago, my husband and I were in Home Depot, someone came up to us and said that we would receive a $20 dollar gift certificate if we take this survey. We participated in the survey and he stated the gift card would be coming. About a month later my husband said someone contacted him and asked to give a demonstration on the water treatment we did a survey on. I was very reluctant because I did not want to buy anything, we were in the process of looking/buying a new home so did not really want to put anything in the other home (plus we were renting). We explained to the gentleman we were not looking to buy anything but we let him come because it might be something we would be interested in the future for our new house. When he came over, he explained that it would only take about 15 minutes. 10 minutes for the water demonstration and a 5 minute video. This visit took about 45 minutes to an hour.

I was almost 8 months pregnant at the time and had just gotten home from work and was not prepared to have him in the house for that long. We were impressed with the demonstration and seriously thought about getting this in the home we were interested in. Upon him leaving, we noticed a mark/watermark on the counter from the bottle he used his chemicals on. I tried to wipe with a dishrag and soap but it would not disappear. My husband called him and he said to try various things to get it up, we did as suggested. About a week later it still was on the counter, our counter tops are black, so a white water mark is pretty prevalent. My husband contacted him and he said he would try to come back with some solution to get it up. Every time he said he would come, he would call back a day or two later and say he had to reschedule.

After about 3 months, my husband tried to contact the corporate office, they kept passing the buck and said that they would call him back. It has been 10 months now, my son is 7 months old, we are in the process of moving and the stain is still on the counter. I have spent a good amount of money buying products to try to get this up and nothing is working. We call at least once a week, if not more. The customer service is terrible, no one is wanting to take responsibility and I believe RainSoft is hoping we will just give up. At this point I am looking to take legal action because all we want is someone to come get this off the counter, it has been 10 months, and this is beyond ridiculous. Like I said, once we got to the new house we seriously considered getting this system, we will never buy this now.

Believe all the negative reviews. RainSoft Company is nothing but high fast hustlers, they lie to get you to buy this expensive equipment with all kinds of fake promises, making you think that everything will be covered, but that's a lie! After having the system for a year, we get a notice that it's time to change the filters and the charge for them to do this is 250$!!! Scam, scam, scam, don't buy this system, it will cost you way more than you know.

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems

Thank you for making us aware of your concerns. We will be contacting your local dealer.

Original review: July 10, 2017

We have very hard water at the place where we moved. We got the most expensive and the bigger water system from RainSoft. Unfortunately, right now we're having problems with one of the faucets. We keep trying to get some help and it's been a week, but they haven't returned our call so we're upset about that. But the sales rep has been very nice and knowledgeable. The installation team was on time and when they came, they did everything they were supposed to.

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems

Original review: July 6, 2017

I had a Rainsoft water filtration/conditioning system installed one month ago. I have been calling the Rainsoft Customer Service number for 9 days. I have spoke to several people explaining that my water taste like salt. I can not use it. Every time I speak to someone they say a service person will contact you immediately. Well it has been 9 days! I couldn't even make coffee this morning. Service after the sale is ridiculously bad. I have even tried calling Home Depot because I was told that Home Depot backed the product. I was shuffled around and finally got a voice message, never a human. I am fed up. I would have them take the whole thing back and refund my money if that was possible.

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems

Original review: July 5, 2017

So I got the water system installed, and so far that has worked just fine. It's providing well conditioned water with minimal impact on our water pressure. However, the "add-ons" have been a nightmare. First, as part of our purchase, we were to get a 5 year supply of Pure & Clear products to replace all our soaps and shampoos and such. We were supposed to be contacted within 3 days of the installation, doubly important to us as we had decided to not buy any of the cleaning products that we were out of because we expected to at least have our holdovers until the main shipment came in. It wasn't until the fourth day (when I had to actually call into the number) that we actually got the ball rolling.

Nearly a WEEK after our system had been installed (and we had been forced to go ahead and buy more cleaning products, because dirty floors and clothes aren't fun), she finally got to our house to set up our soap choices and for me to sign the financing papers. Now it's nearly a month later, and we still haven't received our first shipment of full soaps. That's one star gone.

Next up is the Americana Shopper. Didn't hear anything about it from anyone until I called in (again) this past Monday to see what I needed to get setup with that, because it'd be real nice to have those coupons. For the first time, I'm told that I won't get the shopper subscription until I make my first payment on the system, (even though I only get 3 days to cancel after signing the finance papers, which has passed now). So that's the second star gone.

The third star is actually about the financing itself. On that, I was told I would have 45 days from installation before my first payment was due. NOPE, only getting 30. Also this is admittedly my fault for not reading the entire thing through, but no one mentioned at any time that I would only have THREE days to return the system if I wasn't satisfied. But the real clincher? The day that my return period was up, my financing account was sold to a credit union I've never heard of. Oh and they promised it'd be paid off in 5 years at $160 a month. Nah, more like 8 years at $160 a month (grand total of nearly $15k on an $8k system.) I get that financing costs, but that seems a bit overboard. Don't get me wrong, I love our water now. I love the air cleaner they put in the AC. I love what we've been able to use of the soaps. But honestly, I don't know if this headache's going to end up being worth it.

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems

Original review: July 4, 2017

Had a resin treatment system installed pursuant to a visit to Home Depot. I am familiar with the RainSoft name and also have a local friend who has the same system. Very happy with the initial visit/water testing. Installers did a great job putting the system in (29 June 2017) and told me someone would be delivering 120lbs of salt first thing in the morning. 5 stars so far.

'Happy check' was scheduled for 10:00AM 1 July. Rep called, left a message regarding sick child and wanted to reschedule. No answer when I called back but I left a message saying that wouldn't be a problem. She called 3 July, we scheduled for 12 July since she wanted my wife to be here also and that's the next day we'll both be available. I told the rep we still hadn't received the salt, she said we can't wait that long, she would have someone deliver it that day or do it herself. Didn't happen. I've received no further contact from anyone, apparently 4th of July beer and barbecue plans trump customer service. 1 star.

I am not a happy customer. I don't care how well the system works, you have competition. If you don't take care of customers after the sale you will begin losing customers. At this point I cannot recommend RainSoft to friends. This may not be directly attributable to RainSoft/Aquion... but your name is on the equipment. Local distributor is WCW & Air, Inc. Pensacola, FL.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've got hard water and I needed to do something. The RainSoft rep told me he'd meet me in the evening and he did. It was pretty quick and simple. I knew I had an issue, I knew what I was going to do, so basically, he was around a fraction of the amount of time than they normally would be there for. They wanted to try to sell, but I said it was not going to be a hard sell as I was already going to do it. I was just trying to get a price and my options. I was able to accomplish that and we moved forward.

I've got the carbon filter with the big salt tub for soft water. The interaction with the installation team was fine. I had to kind of help them as far as where my water comes in to where it needed to go, but I should have consulted a bit more with the technician and they should have consulted with me a little bit more to tell me what my options were, because they came in and they were going to automatically run the water all the way over to where the water comes in to the house to where it was, which is quite a ways off. I told them where they could do it, but I was told otherwise. I don't need the outside water to have it. Then, of course, they said they wanted the whole system but I told them I didn't need or want the whole system.

The only issue I had was the guy who was selling the product needs to be a little more aware, and I think he was, as he's been doing it a long time. My example is the area that I had to put the system in is a small room, where if you walk inside, it's the dryer, then the furnace, the air conditioning unit, and the washer to the left. Then in the other corner is the hot water heater where we had to put stuff. And he explained how big the system was and how far it'll stick out.

What they didn't take into account is that three and a half or four inches where it has to elbow out. So that carbon filter in that other tank stuck out a little bit farther, and inches make a big difference in this tiny room. So for that, I told him he needed to remember that they've got an extra four inches where something had to come out. But it worked out fine. They just have to take all these other stuff into consideration. But other than that, I don't get the hard water stains anymore, especially in the tub, and I've recommended them.

Original review: June 28, 2017

DO NOT BUY! I bought this in June of 2016. We were never told of a yearly service fee of $100 to service the product yearly. I contacted the salesman who basically told me to pound sand and to not worry about servicing the product, go on YouTube, and push buttons to reset it myself. Very unconcerning. Nothing like when they sold me the product. I asked if I could return the product and they told me no.

I will be contacting the FTC, Home Depot (who financed the product and who RainSoft used to advertise), a lawyer, and media. I really think it is a scam. We experienced a difference in the water's feel and tastes for about 3 months as was demonstrated before we purchased. Now it is as it was before our expensive purchase. I wish I would have read the consumer complaints before I purchased. Some of the complaints seem similar. Hopefully we can all get together and file a class action suit. I am welcomed to hear from any representative from RainSoft. I cannot find the order number but this is the EC4 Series.

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems

Thank you for making us aware of your concerns with your RainSoft system. We will be contacting your local dealer.

Original review: June 28, 2017

Hello! I am hoping by writing this review I could reach thousands of consumers out there from making a BIG mistake by falling for a system that is completely a rip-off. I was sold a water filter system called RainSoft. I totally fell for the scam they promote. I bought the system about 3 weeks now and it has never worked for me not ounces yet. I have techs out here 3 times and for a 4th time the tech never came or called. The thing that gets me this upset is because I thought by buying this I'll be making a great choice for my 4 kids. My son got sick of water this RainSoft water system and I'm beyond pissed about it. I promise to spread the news with the world and I won't stop until you guys hear me loud and clear.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We have a severe problem about how hard the water was in our house. We have hard water stains everywhere. The quality is really bad so it was a necessity for us to get Rainsoft Water Treatment System as that was what I was familiar with. I had it a while ago when I was a kid and it was really good. Their rep was a nice guy. He was sociable and made some jokes. He was smart and did all the tests. However, they said the initial consultation would only take 30 minutes but the rep was there for three hours. It was so late at night but it was all right. We got the reverse osmosis package thing. Their installation team was mostly digging out front but they were nice and cleaned up after themselves. The water treatment system has helped a lot and it was exactly what we needed. Since installing it, the water is softer. We're not getting all that residual stuff left behind around the faucet and the water tastes better. That's drastically noticeable.

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems

Thank you for making us aware of your concerns with your RainSoft system. We will be contacting your local dealer regarding this matter.

Original review: June 23, 2017

It started at a visit to Home Depot online and was sold a product that was misrepresented. Manager of store in Bulverde TX recommended we set up an appointment with RainSoft to evaluate our needs. This is when it truly spiraled of controlled. Once again their product did not soften our water and damaged inside of dishwasher, left a build up and spots of dishes & glasses etc. Rainsoft could not correct problems so replaced with another, this is still not much better. All along I have stated it is not working and I do not work, no one will listen. We have very hard well water. All the "free" product is very dissatisfactory.

I at the end of my rope, I would like to take out and set it in their office, however would still be stuck with owing the almost $5, $890.00 for a piece of junk. I feel everyone involved was more interested in sale and commission, than customer service and satisfaction. Contract dated 9/24/2016, I am aware of 3 year Dealer's Service Policy, however I feel it is useless in view of this product being misrepresented on performance.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I first got Rainsoft in 1981 in three different houses before we sold everything and moved into a motor home. We just recently bought another house and the first water place I went to was Rainsoft. I purchased the EC4 and the installation went smooth. It looks good and it works great. The company that sold it to me did a great job and I recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Great product, very poor customer service. Background: Home Depot offered a $20 gift card for listening to an at home presentation for water treatment through RainSoft (WCW & AIR INC). Issues: The sales process took 4 hours and the sales person doing the demonstration used many scare tactics to show us "how harmful" the water we drink is (We have a background in doing drinking water related work so we know a decent amount about water analysis and testing).

Watch out for the tests they perform at your home. They over exaggerate the results for some of the tests and they do improper titration (hardness, chlorine test). This is not to say that they are totally wrong. Soft water and dechlorinating extends the life of many equipment and has health benefits. The order originally did not include all of the products we paid for. We had to call the regional manager to double check and be informed of what products/models we were getting and ensure it was being recorded on the order. The Southeastern manager will tell you that he will call back shortly but most of the time he won't.

They did not have one of our purchased items onsite during the installation so the install itself took over 8 hours (We had water at one point during the day so we could still use the bathroom; at the 4 hour mark). This was still very inconvenient as we have a newborn to take care of. The issue was resolved only after we made several phone calls regarding our treatment unit (QSR). No compensation or remedy for the botched installation and forgetting about one of the items we paid for. Overall, unless you are able to get the equipment for a very good price, we would not recommend their services. You can have just as good a water system by going through another company or doing it yourself. Just make sure you are comfortable with plumbing and some electrical.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We bought the entire system from RainSoft, and now the taste of the water is different and we've been using less detergent and soap. We got the GoHealthy360 and I'm very pleased with it. RainSoft gave us so many points to purchase the products from them and they gave us a sample of a lot of things which I've been using.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've got COPD, so I needed an air treatment. We've also been wanting soft water for quite a while. The rest of Rainsoft's package looked good so we bought the whole thing - the water softener, the system for the washing machine, and the air purification system. The sales rep was good. She knew the product and explained it well. The installation was also good but the thing that goes in the washing machine makes a lot of noise. I need somebody to have a look at it. I called the installer and haven't heard back from them in a while.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I bought a washing machine at Home Depot because the old washing machine died. I got a call after that if I could listen to a presentation and I agreed. I was using water from the Watermill Express and for the past 20 years, I've been lugging and picking up a five-gallon then turning it upside-down on a water cooler so for the past 18 months, I said, "I'm gonna get something better since I'm too old to be carrying a five-gallon jar." The call came and it was perfect so I'm very happy. The rep from RainSoft was very nice, presentable and knowledgeable. The installation team was great. The water tastes good since having the system. We don't drink water from the faucet but from the extension with the water softener and we're happy with it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Our water is much softer now after we had RainSoft installed. We also ordered a bath soap, shampoo, laundry detergent, and some other stuff from them because we like them all together. RainSoft’s representative who came for the consultation explained everything about the product and account payment to us, but they only came down to have the contract signed and start the payment.

When they installed the system, however, it had a problem with my refrigerator. When I switch on to their system, it cut off one line and put in direct line, opening all the other tap except the one in the freezer. I have had to pay a service guy $25 to diagnose what’s the trouble with it, and had to replace all that and pay another $99 to get a specialist from Sears to have it fixed. I have already told RainSoft’s representative about the issue, but I have not heard anything from them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We moved to a home where the water is very hard. We sent in a water sample through Home Depot and somebody from RainSoft contacted my husband and made an appointment. We already knew we were gonna purchase but the RainSoft sales rep still did his presentation and so we knew more about the system and its value. We purchased the entire system and everything was installed well. There was a noticeable difference right away after installation. Now there are no stains in our bathrooms or on our dishes and the stains in the sink are gone. Our water heater had actually gone out the day after the install because of the hardness that has built up so we got a new water heater. Nonetheless, we're satisfied with the whole deal.

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems

Original review: June 10, 2017

Someone from Home Depot called me and wanted to know if she could come demonstrate RainSoft products and I said yes. I asked her to give me a couple of days 'cause I had just gotten back from vacation. Then she demonstrated it and she was sweet, wonderful and nice. Even the installer was great. They brought me a kit and their products are supposed to be free for so long. I'm satisfied with the water but I don't see much of a difference. I probably had good water to begin with. However, when I signed the agreement, I thought it was only $50 something a month. I did not understand that it was gonna cost me an extra $14 each month for interest so I don’t like their credit company. I'm not even into credit cards and I don't ever pay a bunch of interest. Also, I made a list of friends and if they let RainSoft show, I get $100, but they haven't called any of my friends. I don't appreciate that and so I just paid them off.

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems

Thank you for making us aware of your concerns. We will be contacting your local dealer regarding this matter.

Original review: June 9, 2017

I have been a client of this firm for quite some time but I have come to the conclusion that it is a very unreliable co. My wife has received a lawyer's communique concerning debt of 105.00 dollars however we have never missed a payment in the time we have obtained their service. The amt owed is for a tech who visited the home to service the system. We never ordered the service. In the meanwhile we were promised certain product for free and we have never received 1 item. What's up with that.

They have the nerve to send my debt to a lawyer. I want answers as to why I haven't received 1 item. I even called them and they promised to send products... What happened. The co. is very irresponsible and not worthy to be mentioned to anyone for their service. I am very irate and very disgusted I even got into this contract with them. I will place a review on the web.

Original review: June 9, 2017

This experience has been one of the worst decisions I have made. My RainSoft unit was installed in my home on 6-4-17. Like anything you purchase most results are noticed immediately, or within a couple of days, you should start to see some change. I have had this unit for four days, and nothing has changed. My so-called hard water still feels hard with a softener unit, and the water appears cloudy out of the faucet. I called to request a refund, and the representative in her way mocked me for wanting a refund because my request was initiated on day four instead of day 3. This company claims to have a reputation of excellent customer care. In my opinion, it fell short of that. I've paid quite a bit of money for this system to not see immediate results.

Then to add insult to injury not allow me a chance to return their unit because I contacted them one day late. For any consumer thinking about making a purchase with this company think twice about it and do your due diligence. I despise companies who do not stand behind their products. Along with shady sales representatives, who will tell you anything just to get a sale.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The sales rep from RainSoft came to our house for the consultation and tested our water. She also told us about water safety. We got the big filter, the rock salt and then the three things that go under the sink. It was quick and efficient but also expensive.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was unsure of the water quality in our area. The Rainsoft sales reps were friendly and they came out to our home and did a demonstration with us and our three children about the quality of our water and how much Chlorine and hardness it had. We got the filter that connects to the whole home. The installation team came out, dug and buried the line, and installed the saltwater pump. They did a fine job. Since the installation, everything's much softer and the taste of the water is much better than it was before. I noticed the softness of the skin when washing dishes or taking a bath and there is no chlorine smell at all. The water seems to be clear. Overall, it was a positive experience.

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems Company Profile

RainSoft, A Division of Aquion, Inc.
1953