4.79/5
Based on 29 reviews that contain star ratings

Need a water treatment system?

Quality Water Treatment

Quality Water Treatment was founded in 1990 and is a family owned and operated business. We are here to help you with all your water treatment needs and carry top rated water softeners, iron filters, reverse osmosis and many more water treatment products and parts on our website for you to view and purchase at very affordable prices. The best thing about us is that you just don't get high quality systems and great prices but you also get the high quality service that only a family owned and operated business can give you because we care.

29 Quality Water Treatment Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 31, 2018

My old softener which I purchased from Quality Water Systems started to fail. I had a good experience with them when I bought it 16 years ago so I decided to go back to them and buy an Aqua Pure single water softening system. It was easy to order through the internet and it was delivered in a short time. When I had a question a couple of times, I solved it by going on the internet and using the chat feature. The value for the price is as good as any of the big-box stores or any of the other places that work so, overall it was a good experience. Plus, it's back to producing soft water again as it should so everything is working fine and I’ve recommended them to several people.

Hello,

Thank you for your review! We are pleased to hear that you like your SoftPro Elite Basic Upflow High-Efficiency Water softener (We do not carry Aqua Pure). We would also like to say thank you for returning to Quality Water Treatment to Purchase and for referring us to others, it makes us happy when we make our customers happy!

Original review: March 25, 2018

We got pretty hard water up here in Minnesota so I ordered a water softener from Quality Water Treatment online. Their reps were good and the website was pretty easy to get through. I bought one from them before and I thought it was time to upgrade. I installed the old system, but the new one is still downstairs and I haven't put it in yet.

Get expert buying tips about Water Treatment Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 5, 2018

This past fall, we had a hard time with our smart washing machine and it was not doing a good job processing and it takes an hour and a half to do one load of wash and even then it still wasn’t good enough. I felt like the water quality we must’ve been receiving for the house from the city water wasn’t really good. So, we bought all new appliances and that led me on a crazy hunt to find better water for our house. That’s when I started researching water softeners and I came across the water softener from Quality Water Treatment. They were a modern pop kind of shop and that led me to them. They were an independent company versus somebody like Home Depot or Sears. I knew that going with a smaller company you’re going to get that better experience with them as far as customer support. Also, the cost of it was really competitive versus the other makes and models.

Quality Water seemed like they were a real quality company because when I called, I spoke with Heather, and then the next time I called I spoke with Jeremy, and then when I called again for questions about the water softener or questions about the installation I kept getting those two. I quickly realized when I said modern pop that’s really exactly what I’m getting. I’m getting one family and it’s a great experience between both of them. When I had the system installed, you’d call it slimy feeling having no hard water. So, that made me very happy and with the brand new dishwasher, washer and dryer, everything has been coming out nice and clean, and no problems with the dishes, and the washing machine taking an hour and a half just to get things washed. I’ve been very happy with the quality of the water.

Original review: March 3, 2018

We needed a water softener since we were having issues. I researched on the internet and Quality Water seemed to have the information I was looking for, for the price and the features that’s why I went with them. I just filled out the form online and they shipped it to my home, and I installed it. The water is now soft after installation.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2018

We have hard water in our area, which ruins plumbing and fixtures. My neighbor, who's a knowledgeable person and an engineer, has the system of Quality Water Treatment and he knew it was a good system so I decided to get the same one. He sent me over the links and I ordered it online. I got it installed and running last Saturday. I'd recommend it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Quality Water Treatment?

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

We had hard water and we needed a water softener system. We purchased the Soft Water Pro Elite Plus from Quality Water Treatment. They had a total package that was geared towards the homeowner installer not needing a professional and they had a version that had a filter built into and I liked that. I had a couple of questions that the website didn’t answer and I needed interaction with the reps. They were great and they answered right away. I had chatted with someone online then I had to follow up and it was actually the same guy who did the install. He was knowledgeable. However, I had a small issue with the product that was shipped. It wasn't exactly what it was supposed to be so there were some follow-ups.

I had to call and email and they had to ship some extra stuff out but they were responsive and the timeframe was okay as far as that went. The website's confusing. They could do a better job of putting information in there that's consistent. You still need to do a lot of research to understand what exactly you're trying to buy. I could have probably called them earlier on to save myself some time. So, if you're liking the product that you see, give Quality Water Treatment a call because talking to them is better.

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for your business and feed back we appreciate it. Since you purchased we built a new website that is much cleaner and easier to find products and information. I hope this helps our future customers experience with us and we are always looking for feed back so we can serve our customers better.

Sincerely,
    Craig

Priesident

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

I bought a water softener from Quality Water Treatment because my previous one was too old that I needed to replace it. I have used them before and they had a good price and it was a good product. I've been very satisfied at this point and it’s working well. I'd recommend Quality Water Treatment. They got good products for a good price.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

We had such wonderful help from Jeremy, always there for us trying to solve our problem with too much color in the water. He was so helpful, so willing to find out on the problem. He even called us to see how it was going. Such wonderful service, you have a great guy working there. A keeper.

Quality Water Treatment response

Thank you for the kind words and your business. We are glad to help.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

The existing water softener I had quit working so it was time for a replacement. I was researching water softeners and found Quality Water Treatment, and their product matched the existing unit that I had. The Quality Water team was great. They messed up the order and sent me the wrong unit so I called them back and they sent me the correct unit after a couple of days. I shipped back the wrong unit that they’d sent me and everything went perfectly. It was a smooth transaction. I put the majority of the unit together based off some tutorial that I saw online. And then there was one copper line that had to be shortened a little bit so I had a heating and cooling guy do the final installation. Since having the Quality water softener, our water has gone back to the way it was prior when the old system was working.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

We live in a place with very hard water and a softener went to the top of the priority list for our home. Preserving our appliances is the number one reason why we got the softener. I was making repairs in the new home and my wife was trying to give my little daughter a bath and the handle just stripped off because of the hardness. Our appliances were deteriorating quickly and so, I knew I needed one. And also, back in my head, I always knew it started burning our bill because the water heater is filling up. Now, my appliances are better.

When I think of Quality Water, I think of mainly competitive pricing. It’s what keeps me calling on them. The sales agents met my expectations. My first purchase was back in 2014. We got SP64 Soft Pro, Water Systems Elite, Metered On Demand water softener. My friends also asked my help with buying softeners as they’re not the most technical about it. I got confused with the latest install so I had to call Quality Water Treatment and they were quick to answer and they also quickly gave materials that I could review that clarified things. During a phone call, they're responsive and emailed me with appropriate information but I wouldn’t be able to navigate their online site myself.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

I bought the Fleck 5600 from Quality Water Treatment. I used to work for a water treatment company and I used to put in Culligan and I always like the Fleck models. I've dealt with them a little bit before and Fleck 5600 is very good. When I called Quality Water, the team took my order and they treated me good. I asked questions, and they answered them and they also told me when they will be coming to New Jersey. My experience has been excellent.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

I had conditioning problems in my house and had professionals come in. They gave me outrageous pricing. But I thought I can do it myself if I have a little guidance. So, I bought the components from Quality Water Treatment and did it myself. I got a UV light, a conditioner and chemicals for the conditioner. Everything was online. I talked to the owner's daughter and she's very professional, answered all my questions and fulfilled my order. They were reasonably priced and they produced the products when they promised they would. The products work very well. It’s perfect, and I would refer them to other people.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

I purchased a filter online from Quality Water Treatment. I’m on well and my water has iron in it. It's a large canister and it has a media in it and it filters the iron out of the water. I did a self-install and it was fairly easy. The iron is now gone.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

Our area is known for high contents of calcium so the water is very hard. We bought SoftPro Elite from Quality Water Treatment. They had a reasonable price and I could do the work myself. I talked to the sales manager who answered a few questions I had about the product and he wanted to take my order over the phone but I said I'd do it online. I was actually surprised because I ordered the wrong thing and he proactively called and fixed it. I recommend Quality Water.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

I got the whole water system from Quality Water Treatment. It was an easy call since I'm on a well on where I live and every one of my appliances, refrigerator, washing machine and iron, the water was a 16 for hardness. The people I talked with cared and showed that my business meant something. The sales guy was very knowledgeable and I told him what I was up against and he suggested a particular system which was the simplest to install. It's a little bit more of money. But, since I was saving the labor fee, and I couldn't get anybody to do it anyway, the extra money became irrelevant to me as it was 60 bucks extra.

I installed the system myself since I live on an island and getting plumbers and electricians over here is next to impossible. I had to get a system that didn't require a lot of extra knowledge to hook up. Especially the programming, since I'm old and I'm not knowledgeable when it comes to software and the system only had to do two things. It was an easy DIY thing. I had to watch their video and other videos since the system itself is straightforward in hooking up. The difficulty that I was faced with was how to hold and hook it up to my house. I had to watch other plumbing videos and the result isn't pretty but it works. As it turns out, I'm just learning how to do it. But, if people are willing to do all research, they can do just about anything at home. If they watch enough YouTube, they can figure it out as it is helpful.

While I was hooking the system, I had to make a phone call to one of their people. Even though it was simple as it was, I still had a question about the programming and the guy was right there helping me. So I'm fine now and I'm pleased. I'd recommend Quality Water Treatment to others. I assume the system is going to perform as advertised. I've had their system for eight months already and it made a huge difference with the water we have now. It was a very good experience overall.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

I moved from Connecticut to Arizona a year ago and the water here was terrible. We couldn't drink it and can't do anything, and when I spoke to some of the neighbors, they said they need to put up a water softener system in. So I did some research and ordered a system from Quality Water Treatment online and installed it myself. The water is much softer now, it soaps up easier, and it doesn't leave water spots in the dishwasher when you're washing the dishes.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

We've been very pleased with everything that we've gotten from Quality Water Treatment. We haven't had to return anything, which is always good. We have six houses on this property that I maintain and we have six different systems. Our water systems have been in place for 25 years, so we just update the parts that are on them. We swap out old parts with new ones as they break down or wear out.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

My current system wasn't working and my cousin gave a good recommendation for Quality Water Treatment. I ordered the stuff online and talked to one of their reps in the office. Their rep was knowledgeable. I got a water softener from them and everything's working. So far, so good.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

The parts on my old water softener had disintegrated in the chlorine, so it was leaking and wasn't working anymore. I needed a new one and got it from Quality Water Treatment. I ordered everything online and the people that I talked to were based in California. I spoke to a gentleman and a lady, and both of them were helpful and willing to spend time answering questions. They made sure that I had the right product and the right size. The water softener that I bought was a big improvement over the old one that I had since this one was on-demand while the old one was on a meter. So, the old one would be running more often than I needed it to and since it was always functioning, it would sometimes lead to the water being salty. With the one we have now, the water is perfect, it's soft and it's exactly the way we wanted. Plus, the water softener uses a lot less salt, less water and is more efficient.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

I bought filters from Quality Water Treatment since I was very familiar with the Fleck powerheads, the filtration that they were using. They're quality powerheads and you can get parts for them and here in our remote area. Quality Water's website is not bad at all, especially if you know what you're looking for, and their customer service always gets back to me and gets everything done. There was a little inconvenience when they decided that they were going to start pre-loading their filters. I had to enlighten them, but we got that through. I talked to the people there, and I've gotten to know the young lady and the guy that answered the phones most of the time. They listened to my request and said, "Whenever we talk to you, whatever you would like, however you'd like."

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

I have owned a water softener in the last few homes that I built and I just moved so I had to get one for the new house. I did my own internet research and I found Quality Water Treatment. I ordered a water softener from them online and had it delivered. It has been easy and they had a great tool there for me to pick the size that I needed. I did all the plumbing and the electrical hookups and I was done in about two hours. For me it was simple but it would a bit more tough for an average person, but still doable.

The quality of our water was poor but one of the big drivers for this specific model was that it was considerably more efficient than previous softeners I’ve put in the past. I was also very impressed with the head that goes on top of the tank. I got better water since the installation. I don’t have spots all over the house, all over the appliances and everything else. That was in the big drivers I was shooting for. I’ve already sent two other people to them to get their water softener.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

I had to get a replacement for our worn out water softener and I opted for Quality Water Treatment. I did a little bit of online and offline research, and the neighborhood dealt with them also. I had a neighbor that had the product and showed me his and they had put it in. Then, I called Quality and we went through the hardness of my water, what I needed, and what size our home was. And they walked me through the system there. I was looking for something that had quality and price, and something that’s reliable. I was skeptical of buying something online and doing it myself because it has to be the right product and especially, not buying something locally. And Quality convinced me that they would all work out fine so, I gave them a shot. I bought the product and installed it myself. Installation was easy and the product worked fine.

I also had good interaction with them. I only actually dealt with one person, I believe it was the owner. Whenever I had a question, I called them and they held my hand and walked me through it even though it wasn’t in the manual very well. Every time I had a question, he said, “Do this. Do that.” And so, they were really good about that. The softener however, when it’s going through its regeneration cycle, it’s much louder than I thought. It would be nice if they could soundproof that a little bit more. And the instruction manual as far as the programming and set up, it would be nice if it was little clearer for the layman. And the negative, the instructions could be better in the owner’s manual type of stuff. It’s a good job overall.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

I got Quality Water Treatment as I need to get iron out with my well water for my shop before the RO system. I found them on Google a few years ago. The product was easy to set up and navigating through the system online was pretty easy too. It took the iron out that I needed to take out and then the RO does the rest.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

We had a water system in our cistern that no one had serviced for years, so we were getting bad well water coming out of it and that was why we replaced it. I called the manufacturer of Triple O and they referred me to Quality Water Treatment to get the part and got an ozone filter for our cistern. We called a bunch of well guys but they’re too busy drilling wells, so we needed to do an in-house install. I reviewed the instructions and it’s pretty simple. Since then, it’s been a big difference. We have magnesium in our water and the filter takes it out. The filter makes the water purer. Our irrigation guys always have to go clean the sprinkler heads if we don’t remove the magnesium, so it is time-consuming. Also, with the filter inside, the cistern attracts all the silt. We clean that once a month. Overall, Quality Water Treatment was prompt with the order and it came out super fast. It came in a couple of days which I did not expect.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

I bought from Quality Water Treatment some time back and it made an improvement, so I purchased again recently since the water in my area is very hard. The sales rep was good and they answered all my questions. The experience was very good overall and I would buy from them again.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

The area we live in has hard water. My friend told me about Quality Water Treatment and he said that they had a good experience with them so I bought the water softener. I ordered the product online. It was very easy to navigate through their website. The quality of the product was very good and it was easy to install. The quality of the water has been good as well since we installed the system. It has been a great product, great service and a good experience. I would order from them again.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

I got Quality Water Treatment’s water softener and I like it. We have well water and that’s pretty hard so we use a softener. The prior one I had was old and I wanted a new and more efficient one so I looked through the internet and found Quality. I did the installation myself and it was very easy. I just followed the instructions. But I had a question for them and when I called the gentleman wasn’t there. He called me back when he came in. I’ve had it for a year now and no problems. I can tell that the water’s soft. It takes a lot less salt and it has a different feel between hard water. It’s a good product and it’s doing what I expected to do.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

Hard water led me to research about water softeners and I found Quality Water Treatment on the web and I looked it up. Their customer service was good. I ordered the unit over the phone. It has a clock tank on it and the most common head. Since installation, our water is softer and we have less residue on the faucets. It has been very satisfying and they have responded quickly. I would order from them again.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

I got a water softening unit from Quality Water Treatment after purchasing a house that didn’t have one. I did everything online. I went with Quality on the recommendation of a friend who found it on the internet and because of the cost. The quality of the product is very good and it is easy to install, but one has to have some background in plumbing to install it. Since it was a new house, there’s less deposits with the usage of the softener.

Quality Water Treatment expert review by Greg Chick

Quality Water Treatment offers customers water treatment equipment and parts at discount prices. They also offer free lifetime technical support for all products purchased through their website. Choose from products like water filters, whole-house water treatment systems, water softeners and more.

• Drinking water systems: Quality Water Treatment sells reverse osmosis, under the counter, countertop and whole-house water treatment systems. Depending on the size, you’ll find drinking water treatment systems for as little as $12 up to over $1,300 for whole-house water treatment systems.

• Water softeners: Quality Water Treatment offers multiple types of water softeners including, SoftPro, Fleck, Go Green and commercial water softeners. Don’t know what size of water softener you need? Enter some information about your water system into its online calculator to make sure you’re getting a softener that will work with your home’s setup.

• Commercial systems: Quality Water Treatment offers seven models of commercial-sized Fleck water treatment systems and six sizes of reverse osmosis water treatment systems. Depending on the size you need for your business, prices range from around $3,000 up to over $23,000.

• Filters: If you’re looking for a well water filter, Quality Water Treatment offers iron, manganese and sulphur filters, as well as sand and sediment filters. They also have a selection city water filters that include carbon cartridge filters and reverse osmosis filters.

• Sales: Quality Water Treatment lists sales on many of their products of over half off. Sale prices are listed underneath each item online.

• Best for: consumers looking for discounted water treatment equipment and parts.

Profile picture of Greg Chick
    Greg Chick Water Treatment Systems Contributing Editor

Greg Chick has worked as an entrepreneur for over 40 years with a background in plumbing, irrigation, pools and water heating. He is a member of Green Plumbers USA, International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials and American Society of Plumbing Engineers. Greg works to educate residential consumers about quality plumbing products.

Quality Water Treatment questions and answers

What problem is your company trying to solve?
    Our goal is to get to help people get good, clean water.
    What sets your company apart from the competition?
    Our family owned and operated company has been specializing in water treatment since 1990. When you speak to a representative, you are speaking with one of the owners. We have a vested interest in making sure our customers get the best equipment and service available and to keep our customers happy.

No one knows water softeners and water treatment better than Quality Water Treatment, and no one gives free lifetime technical support to their customer like we do. With more than 27 years in commercial and residential water treatment, we are extensively trained and certified in the industry with many resources available to assist you before and after your purchase.

Please leave us a review after you purchase. We use your feedback to better our services to our customers.
    What needs do your product or service fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
    Our products treat water of all sources. We sell high quality, high-efficiency water softeners that save 75% in salt and 64% on water every regeneration. Our SoftPro Water Softeners carry the best warranty in the industry.

We also specialize in treating well water. Overall, we have 30 years’ experience on specializing, solving and treating water that a lot of companies have not been able to treat. We have many resources and treatment systems available to us to get you the best water possible.

We sell our water softeners, iron filters and all other water treatment systems at 40 to 60% below market value.
    How does your company measure success?
    Customer service is a big part of our business. We strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value!
    What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry? Your company?
    A lot of consumers don’t understand that there is a huge difference in quality between water treatment systems sold at big box stores in comparison to what we sell. We sell high efficiency, high-quality water treatment systems that have an average lifespan of 15 plus years with a warranty that is the best on the market for prices that are very competitive to big store brands. We are water treatment professionals, that is all we do. When you purchase from us, all our experience and knowledge comes with it. You can’t get that type of service from a big box store or Amazon-based company.
    How has your industry changed in the last 5 years? 10 years?
    The technology has grown tremendously over the past 10 years. There is a high-efficiency system available now that works. The industry has followed retail and has gone online. 10 years ago, there were only a few water treatment companies selling water treatment systems online. Qualitywatertreatment.com was one of the first companies to do this, starting online sales in 2003.
    What is something you wish every consumer knew about your company?
    We are a family owned and operated company, we take our business very seriously and we give all we have to take care of our customers. We take it personally when our customers’ needs are not met, and we work diligently until the issues are solved. We sell high-quality water treatment systems at a low profit margin, but on top of that we also give top notch customer support and technical help when needed free of charge to customers that purchases a water treatment system from us.

Some consumers don’t have knowledge that your brick and mortar dealers not only charge a lot more money for a system that may or may not be of the same quality-they also charge for service and technical support at a rate ranging from $50 to $100 per hour.
    Has your business received any rewards or recognition for its products or services that your customers would like to know about?
    We received the Best Business award in our industry in 2010, in Houston Texas. We are also a member of ConsumerAffairs with high rankings from our customers.
    How has your company grown or evolved?
    We started as a small one man operation in 1990. Quality Water Treatment was founded by Craig Phillips. Craig worked for a large water treatment company in a small town where he grew up in. In 1988, the company he worked for closed the office he was transferred to, over 4 hours away from his hometown. Craig and his young family struggled for over a year trying to find work and make ends meet, living on local trout that he caught from local lakes and streams because they could not afford to buy food.

With a lot of hard work and sacrifice, Quality Water Treatment was born in 1990. We had a storefront and shop in our hometown, and we specialized in treating well and surface water. Craig grew the business and was a one man show until 1995, doing sales, marketing, installing, servicing, testing water and designing the proper water treatment systems to treat the water for different applications.

In 1995 Quality Water Treatment hired their first employee, who happened to be an old colleague that worked for the same company Craig worked for. This colleague left the old company in 1988 as well and got into the pump and well business. In 1997 Craig partnered with him and opened a pump and well company where they replaced and repaired well pumps, pressure tanks and storage tanks. They also did well development projects and repaired wells that were collapsing by using a sleeving method.

In 2001 Craig injured his back severely doing well work, pulling a pump by hand from 220 feet in the ground. After that Craig was limited to doing office work only. Shortly after the internet became mainstream, Qualitywatertreatment.com was born. The internet part of the business started to grow fast.

In 2004 Craig sold his shop and the pump and well business to his pump and well partner and went solely online. Craig did all the internet sales and technical support until 2005. In 2005 Craig’s oldest son started with the company. In 2008 Craig’s daughter that just graduated from college started with the company, and in 2014 are youngest son started with us. His wife Debbie has always helped with the books, and for a short time she was also answering phones.

To date, Qualitywatertreatment.com is a family owned and operated business.

Quality Water Treatment Company Information