4.83/5
  • 1 star
Based on 18 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Quality Water Treatment was established in 1990 and provides residential and commercial water softeners, iron filters, reverse osmosis systems, ph neutralizers throughout the United States. Quality Water is also the only company to own and trademark the SoftPro brand, which is a high-efficiency water softener manufactured throughout the US and Canada.

Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 9, 2017

18 Quality Water Treatment Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

I had conditioning problems in my house and had professionals come in. They gave me outrageous pricing. But I thought I can do it myself if I have a little guidance. So, I bought the components from Quality Water Treatment and did it myself. I got a UV light, a conditioner and chemicals for the conditioner. Everything was online. I talked to the owner's daughter and she's very professional, answered all my questions and fulfilled my order. They were reasonably priced and they produced the products when they promised they would. The products work very well. It’s perfect, and I would refer them to other people.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

I purchased a filter online from Quality Water Treatment. I’m on well and my water has iron in it. It's a large canister and it has a media in it and it filters the iron out of the water. I did a self-install and it was fairly easy. The iron is now gone.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

Our area is known for high contents of calcium so the water is very hard. We bought SoftPro Elite from Quality Water Treatment. They had a reasonable price and I could do the work myself. I talked to the sales manager who answered a few questions I had about the product and he wanted to take my order over the phone but I said I'd do it online. I was actually surprised because I ordered the wrong thing and he proactively called and fixed it. I recommend Quality Water.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

I got the whole water system from Quality Water Treatment. It was an easy call since I'm on a well on where I live and every one of my appliances, refrigerator, washing machine and iron, the water was a 16 for hardness. The people I talked with cared and showed that my business meant something. The sales guy was very knowledgeable and I told him what I was up against and he suggested a particular system which was the simplest to install. It's a little bit more of money. But, since I was saving the labor fee, and I couldn't get anybody to do it anyway, the extra money became irrelevant to me as it was 60 bucks extra.

I installed the system myself since I live on an island and getting plumbers and electricians over here is next to impossible. I had to get a system that didn't require a lot of extra knowledge to hook up. Especially the programming, since I'm old and I'm not knowledgeable when it comes to software and the system only had to do two things. It was an easy DIY thing. I had to watch their video and other videos since the system itself is straightforward in hooking up. The difficulty that I was faced with was how to hold and hook it up to my house. I had to watch other plumbing videos and the result isn't pretty but it works. As it turns out, I'm just learning how to do it. But, if people are willing to do all research, they can do just about anything at home. If they watch enough YouTube, they can figure it out as it is helpful.

While I was hooking the system, I had to make a phone call to one of their people. Even though it was simple as it was, I still had a question about the programming and the guy was right there helping me. So I'm fine now and I'm pleased. I'd recommend Quality Water Treatment to others. I assume the system is going to perform as advertised. I've had their system for eight months already and it made a huge difference with the water we have now. It was a very good experience overall.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

I moved from Connecticut to Arizona a year ago and the water here was terrible. We couldn't drink it and can't do anything, and when I spoke to some of the neighbors, they said they need to put up a water softener system in. So I did some research and ordered a system from Quality Water Treatment online and installed it myself. The water is much softer now, it soaps up easier, and it doesn't leave water spots in the dishwasher when you're washing the dishes.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Quality Water Treatment?

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

We've been very pleased with everything that we've gotten from Quality Water Treatment. We haven't had to return anything, which is always good. We have six houses on this property that I maintain and we have six different systems. Our water systems have been in place for 25 years, so we just update the parts that are on them. We swap out old parts with new ones as they break down or wear out.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

My current system wasn't working and my cousin gave a good recommendation for Quality Water Treatment. I ordered the stuff online and talked to one of their reps in the office. Their rep was knowledgeable. I got a water softener from them and everything's working. So far, so good.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

The parts on my old water softener had disintegrated in the chlorine, so it was leaking and wasn't working anymore. I needed a new one and got it from Quality Water Treatment. I ordered everything online and the people that I talked to were based in California. I spoke to a gentleman and a lady, and both of them were helpful and willing to spend time answering questions. They made sure that I had the right product and the right size. The water softener that I bought was a big improvement over the old one that I had since this one was on-demand while the old one was on a meter. So, the old one would be running more often than I needed it to and since it was always functioning, it would sometimes lead to the water being salty. With the one we have now, the water is perfect, it's soft and it's exactly the way we wanted. Plus, the water softener uses a lot less salt, less water and is more efficient.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

I bought filters from Quality Water Treatment since I was very familiar with the Fleck powerheads, the filtration that they were using. They're quality powerheads and you can get parts for them and here in our remote area. Quality Water's website is not bad at all, especially if you know what you're looking for, and their customer service always gets back to me and gets everything done. There was a little inconvenience when they decided that they were going to start pre-loading their filters. I had to enlighten them, but we got that through. I talked to the people there, and I've gotten to know the young lady and the guy that answered the phones most of the time. They listened to my request and said, "Whenever we talk to you, whatever you would like, however you'd like."

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

I have owned a water softener in the last few homes that I built and I just moved so I had to get one for the new house. I did my own internet research and I found Quality Water Treatment. I ordered a water softener from them online and had it delivered. It has been easy and they had a great tool there for me to pick the size that I needed. I did all the plumbing and the electrical hookups and I was done in about two hours. For me it was simple but it would a bit more tough for an average person, but still doable.

The quality of our water was poor but one of the big drivers for this specific model was that it was considerably more efficient than previous softeners I’ve put in the past. I was also very impressed with the head that goes on top of the tank. I got better water since the installation. I don’t have spots all over the house, all over the appliances and everything else. That was in the big drivers I was shooting for. I’ve already sent two other people to them to get their water softener.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

I had to get a replacement for our worn out water softener and I opted for Quality Water Treatment. I did a little bit of online and offline research, and the neighborhood dealt with them also. I had a neighbor that had the product and showed me his and they had put it in. Then, I called Quality and we went through the hardness of my water, what I needed, and what size our home was. And they walked me through the system there. I was looking for something that had quality and price, and something that’s reliable. I was skeptical of buying something online and doing it myself because it has to be the right product and especially, not buying something locally. And Quality convinced me that they would all work out fine so, I gave them a shot. I bought the product and installed it myself. Installation was easy and the product worked fine.

I also had good interaction with them. I only actually dealt with one person, I believe it was the owner. Whenever I had a question, I called them and they held my hand and walked me through it even though it wasn’t in the manual very well. Every time I had a question, he said, “Do this. Do that.” And so, they were really good about that. The softener however, when it’s going through its regeneration cycle, it’s much louder than I thought. It would be nice if they could soundproof that a little bit more. And the instruction manual as far as the programming and set up, it would be nice if it was little clearer for the layman. And the negative, the instructions could be better in the owner’s manual type of stuff. It’s a good job overall.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

I got Quality Water Treatment as I need to get iron out with my well water for my shop before the RO system. I found them on Google a few years ago. The product was easy to set up and navigating through the system online was pretty easy too. It took the iron out that I needed to take out and then the RO does the rest.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

We had a water system in our cistern that no one had serviced for years, so we were getting bad well water coming out of it and that was why we replaced it. I called the manufacturer of Triple O and they referred me to Quality Water Treatment to get the part and got an ozone filter for our cistern. We called a bunch of well guys but they’re too busy drilling wells, so we needed to do an in-house install. I reviewed the instructions and it’s pretty simple. Since then, it’s been a big difference. We have magnesium in our water and the filter takes it out. The filter makes the water purer. Our irrigation guys always have to go clean the sprinkler heads if we don’t remove the magnesium, so it is time-consuming. Also, with the filter inside, the cistern attracts all the silt. We clean that once a month. Overall, Quality Water Treatment was prompt with the order and it came out super fast. It came in a couple of days which I did not expect.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

I bought from Quality Water Treatment some time back and it made an improvement, so I purchased again recently since the water in my area is very hard. The sales rep was good and they answered all my questions. The experience was very good overall and I would buy from them again.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

The area we live in has hard water. My friend told me about Quality Water Treatment and he said that they had a good experience with them so I bought the water softener. I ordered the product online. It was very easy to navigate through their website. The quality of the product was very good and it was easy to install. The quality of the water has been good as well since we installed the system. It has been a great product, great service and a good experience. I would order from them again.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

I got Quality Water Treatment’s water softener and I like it. We have well water and that’s pretty hard so we use a softener. The prior one I had was old and I wanted a new and more efficient one so I looked through the internet and found Quality. I did the installation myself and it was very easy. I just followed the instructions. But I had a question for them and when I called the gentleman wasn’t there. He called me back when he came in. I’ve had it for a year now and no problems. I can tell that the water’s soft. It takes a lot less salt and it has a different feel between hard water. It’s a good product and it’s doing what I expected to do.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

Hard water led me to research about water softeners and I found Quality Water Treatment on the web and I looked it up. Their customer service was good. I ordered the unit over the phone. It has a clock tank on it and the most common head. Since installation, our water is softer and we have less residue on the faucets. It has been very satisfying and they have responded quickly. I would order from them again.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

I got a water softening unit from Quality Water Treatment after purchasing a house that didn’t have one. I did everything online. I went with Quality on the recommendation of a friend who found it on the internet and because of the cost. The quality of the product is very good and it is easy to install, but one has to have some background in plumbing to install it. Since it was a new house, there’s less deposits with the usage of the softener.

Quality Water Treatment Company Information