4.6/5 (32 ratings)

About Quality Water Treatment

Quality Water Treatment was founded in 1990 and is a family owned and operated business. We are here to help you with all your water treatment needs and carry top rated water softeners, iron filters, reverse osmosis and many more water treatment products and parts on our website for you to view and purchase at very affordable prices. The best thing about us is that you just don't get high quality systems and great prices but you also get the high quality service that only a family owned and operated business can give you because we care.

Quality Water Treatment Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Quality Water Treatment?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Quality Water Treatment?

Original review: April 9, 2021

My problem deals not with the purchasing of a product from QWT but with there 3rd party vendor that they use for financing. I have had nothing but problems trying to get someone from Quality Water Treatment to reach out on my behalf to their vendor QUADPAY and correct an ongoing problem. After submitting my credit card information to Quadpay, my 1st payment installment went through fine. This was to be an "Direct Pay" account when the payment due date came up. Instead I received emails saying my 2nd and 3rd payment has been declined by my bank. What a lie! My account is active with no blocks.

Someone in Quadpay must be inputting incorrect information. Since Quadpay has absolutely terrible customer support (READ REVIEWS) I can't get to the bottom of this problem. It's about time of the owner of Quality Water Treatment, **, be notified and help getting this problem solved. They need to get rid of this LOUSY, 3RD PARTY VENDOR.

Hello Dennis,

We are sorry to hear that you are having issues with QUADPAY that you choose to finance your purchase through. Unfortunately, as much as we would like to help you with this we have no control or a way to help you with this, your finance agreement is between you and QUADPAY and your information is confidential between you and them, they would not even discuss your account with us.

Resolution response: Oct. 17, 2020

Although I did not get a working unit, I did get a refund. I am happy for that. It took about 3 months to get it settled but the company finally did step up. We went through 2 valves and a lot of troubleshooting before arriving at the fact the valves did not work.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2020

I purchased a SoftPro Elite in Jun, 2020. Unit arrived 6/8/20 and was installed on that date. On 7/15/20 I noticed no soft water and used a test kit to confirm. Talked to Jeremy and went through several troubleshooting events with no results. Jeremy agreed to send out a new valve head. This unit arrived on 7/28, installed with no difference in operation. Still NO SOFT WATER, does not regenerate. Jeremy stated he was going to get with owner to resolve issue. 8/3, email to Jeremy, no response. 8/4 phone call to Jeremy, left message.

8/6 left another phone message to Jeremy. I called the company number and talked to Pauline I believe, she is going to pass message on to Jeremy or owner. 8/6 Received email from Jeremy wanting the old valve back. I didn't receive a shipping label, don't know why I should be on the hook for return shipping since this SoftPro Elite hasn't worked since day one. Also went through some more troubleshooting without results. I am feeling a little like Mark of Parker, CO, as I get the feeling the problems are my fault somehow. I pulled a working unit out to replace with this unit.

8/7 Had a conference call with Jeremy and Rick (factory tech?). Went through all the steps we have taken troubleshooting wise with no clear resolution and determined there is no issue on my end, again. I sent pictures of the distributor tube which is egg shaped at the top, and also seemed to be a little too long for the tank as the valve head would not seat without a lot effort to get the unit to the threaded portion of the tank (mineral). This was an issue I brought up the first troubleshooting session with Jeremy. Jeremy and Rick and I came to the conclusion that the distribution head being egged out and too long could be the issue and they informed me they would ship a new tube.

8/16 Haven't heard from anyone at Quality Water and no tube as of yet. It seems I have to continually get in touch, or try contacting Jeremy or the company to find some solutions. I have had no voluntary or followup unless initiated by myself. This is their top of the line, and I bought it because of good reviews and lifetime warranty. Being close to retirement I wanted a new unit that would last for hopefully the next 16 years my last unit did. Since I have had the unit, I have not had soft water since the initial mineral tank resin was charged. I bought this also as it is stated or advertised as a well system.

This company in my perspective is not interested, or appears to show no interest in getting my problem solved in a timely manner. I have to call or send emails to prompt any action. At this time I could not and would not recommend this company or their product. I have had to spend considerable time to go through troubleshooting of a system that should have worked out of the box. If and when there is a solution, I will update. I don't normally write reviews, but this unit was pricey to me and I think I have every reason to expect the unit to work, or a solution offered without too much delay.

Get buying tips about Water Treatment Systems delivered to your inbox.

Resolution response: March 2, 2019

Craig(owner of QWT) and Curtis from Softpro are diligently working a solution to this problem. Will update when finally resolved but have to run another cycle through the softener to see if programming changes worked. They have given me their word that they will make it right, were very helpful this afternoon and clearly understand my frustration level. That's all I can ask for from a vendor.

Original review: March 1, 2019

Updated on 05/02/2019: Unit finally ran through full cycle without having to manually recharge. Worst appliance purchase in a long time. Would never buy a SoftPro again, therefore, no need to deal with QWT. Many hours involved in troubleshooting, replumbing drain for no apparent reason, replacing valve (Curtis from SoftPro finally did something useful and authorized a new valve which made a big difference), checking and rechecking the programming which, by the way, will come from the factory incorrect. If you have bought one of these, call QWT and have them recheck the settings on the unit if you haven't already because SOFTPRO SURE DIDN'T GET IT RIGHT FROM THE FACTORY. This unit had better run for A LONG TIME after all this effort. There are much better valves out there for softeners, don't deal with this kind of sales and support unnecessarily.

Original Review: Bought this unit after looking at reviews and thought this would be a slam dunk. Bought a 32k upflow unit that cannot recharge itself. Have been on the phone with service on 4 occasions only to find out that programming of the unit was wrong and this thing will only soften water for 3-4 days at a time. I did EVERYTHING they told me to do with it and it made no difference. There is an issue with this somewhere and the tech, Jeremy, is acting like it's all my problem and their unit is perfect.

My water has been tested, I followed all the instructions (BTW, the manuals are poorly written and contradict what the service guys tell you). Total junk. Had a WaterBoss in there for 18 years that cost half what this unit did and it performed flawlessly with only a couple salt bridges. I was looking for something that would use less salt but, so far, this thing has not lived up to the hype.

Original review: March 31, 2018

My old softener which I purchased from Quality Water Systems started to fail. I had a good experience with them when I bought it 16 years ago so I decided to go back to them and buy an Aqua Pure single water softening system. It was easy to order through the internet and it was delivered in a short time. When I had a question a couple of times, I solved it by going on the internet and using the chat feature. The value for the price is as good as any of the big-box stores or any of the other places that work so, overall it was a good experience. Plus, it's back to producing soft water again as it should so everything is working fine and I’ve recommended them to several people.

Hello,

Thank you for your review! We are pleased to hear that you like your SoftPro Elite Basic Upflow High-Efficiency Water softener (We do not carry Aqua Pure). We would also like to say thank you for returning to Quality Water Treatment to Purchase and for referring us to others, it makes us happy when we make our customers happy!

Original review: March 25, 2018

We got pretty hard water up here in Minnesota so I ordered a water softener from Quality Water Treatment online. Their reps were good and the website was pretty easy to get through. I bought one from them before and I thought it was time to upgrade. I installed the old system, but the new one is still downstairs and I haven't put it in yet.

Original review: March 5, 2018

This past fall, we had a hard time with our smart washing machine and it was not doing a good job processing and it takes an hour and a half to do one load of wash and even then it still wasn’t good enough. I felt like the water quality we must’ve been receiving for the house from the city water wasn’t really good. So, we bought all new appliances and that led me on a crazy hunt to find better water for our house. That’s when I started researching water softeners and I came across the water softener from Quality Water Treatment. They were a modern pop kind of shop and that led me to them. They were an independent company versus somebody like Home Depot or Sears. I knew that going with a smaller company you’re going to get that better experience with them as far as customer support. Also, the cost of it was really competitive versus the other makes and models.

Quality Water seemed like they were a real quality company because when I called, I spoke with Heather, and then the next time I called I spoke with Jeremy, and then when I called again for questions about the water softener or questions about the installation I kept getting those two. I quickly realized when I said modern pop that’s really exactly what I’m getting. I’m getting one family and it’s a great experience between both of them. When I had the system installed, you’d call it slimy feeling having no hard water. So, that made me very happy and with the brand new dishwasher, washer and dryer, everything has been coming out nice and clean, and no problems with the dishes, and the washing machine taking an hour and a half just to get things washed. I’ve been very happy with the quality of the water.

Original review: March 3, 2018

We needed a water softener since we were having issues. I researched on the internet and Quality Water seemed to have the information I was looking for, for the price and the features that’s why I went with them. I just filled out the form online and they shipped it to my home, and I installed it. The water is now soft after installation.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2018

We have hard water in our area, which ruins plumbing and fixtures. My neighbor, who's a knowledgeable person and an engineer, has the system of Quality Water Treatment and he knew it was a good system so I decided to get the same one. He sent me over the links and I ordered it online. I got it installed and running last Saturday. I'd recommend it.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

We had hard water and we needed a water softener system. We purchased the Soft Water Pro Elite Plus from Quality Water Treatment. They had a total package that was geared towards the homeowner installer not needing a professional and they had a version that had a filter built into and I liked that. I had a couple of questions that the website didn’t answer and I needed interaction with the reps. They were great and they answered right away. I had chatted with someone online then I had to follow up and it was actually the same guy who did the install. He was knowledgeable. However, I had a small issue with the product that was shipped. It wasn't exactly what it was supposed to be so there were some follow-ups.

I had to call and email and they had to ship some extra stuff out but they were responsive and the timeframe was okay as far as that went. The website's confusing. They could do a better job of putting information in there that's consistent. You still need to do a lot of research to understand what exactly you're trying to buy. I could have probably called them earlier on to save myself some time. So, if you're liking the product that you see, give Quality Water Treatment a call because talking to them is better.

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for your business and feed back we appreciate it. Since you purchased we built a new website that is much cleaner and easier to find products and information. I hope this helps our future customers experience with us and we are always looking for feed back so we can serve our customers better.

Sincerely,
    Craig

Priesident

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

I bought a water softener from Quality Water Treatment because my previous one was too old that I needed to replace it. I have used them before and they had a good price and it was a good product. I've been very satisfied at this point and it’s working well. I'd recommend Quality Water Treatment. They got good products for a good price.

Quality Water Treatment author review by Greg Chick

Quality Water Treatment offers customers water treatment equipment and parts at discount prices. They also offer free lifetime technical support for all products purchased through their website. Choose from products like water filters, whole-house water treatment systems, water softeners and more.

• Drinking water systems: Quality Water Treatment sells reverse osmosis, under the counter, countertop and whole-house water treatment systems. Depending on the size, you’ll find drinking water treatment systems for as little as $12 up to over $1,300 for whole-house water treatment systems.

• Water softeners: Quality Water Treatment offers multiple types of water softeners including, SoftPro, Fleck, Go Green and commercial water softeners. Don’t know what size of water softener you need? Enter some information about your water system into its online calculator to make sure you’re getting a softener that will work with your home’s setup.

• Commercial systems: Quality Water Treatment offers seven models of commercial-sized Fleck water treatment systems and six sizes of reverse osmosis water treatment systems. Depending on the size you need for your business, prices range from around $3,000 up to over $23,000.

• Filters: If you’re looking for a well water filter, Quality Water Treatment offers iron, manganese and sulphur filters, as well as sand and sediment filters. They also have a selection city water filters that include carbon cartridge filters and reverse osmosis filters.

• Sales: Quality Water Treatment lists sales on many of their products of over half off. Sale prices are listed underneath each item online.

by Greg Chick Water Treatment Systems Contributing Editor

Greg Chick has worked as an entrepreneur for over 40 years with a background in plumbing, irrigation, pools and water heating. He is a member of Green Plumbers USA, International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials and American Society of Plumbing Engineers. Greg works to educate residential consumers about quality plumbing products.

Quality Water Treatment questions and answers

What problem is your company trying to solve?
    Our goal is to get to help people get good, clean water.
    What sets your company apart from the competition?
    Our family owned and operated company has been specializing in water treatment since 1990. When you speak to a representative, you are speaking with one of the owners. We have a vested interest in making sure our customers get the best equipment and service available and to keep our customers happy.

No one knows water softeners and water treatment better than Quality Water Treatment, and no one gives free lifetime technical support to their customer like we do. With more than 27 years in commercial and residential water treatment, we are extensively trained and certified in the industry with many resources available to assist you before and after your purchase.

Please leave us a review after you purchase. We use your feedback to better our services to our customers.
    What needs do your product or service fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
    Our products treat water of all sources. We sell high quality, high-efficiency water softeners that save 75% in salt and 64% on water every regeneration. Our SoftPro Water Softeners carry the best warranty in the industry.

We also specialize in treating well water. Overall, we have 30 years’ experience on specializing, solving and treating water that a lot of companies have not been able to treat. We have many resources and treatment systems available to us to get you the best water possible.

We sell our water softeners, iron filters and all other water treatment systems at 40 to 60% below market value.
    How does your company measure success?
    Customer service is a big part of our business. We strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value!
    What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry? Your company?
    A lot of consumers don’t understand that there is a huge difference in quality between water treatment systems sold at big box stores in comparison to what we sell. We sell high efficiency, high-quality water treatment systems that have an average lifespan of 15 plus years with a warranty that is the best on the market for prices that are very competitive to big store brands. We are water treatment professionals, that is all we do. When you purchase from us, all our experience and knowledge comes with it. You can’t get that type of service from a big box store or Amazon-based company.
    How has your industry changed in the last 5 years? 10 years?
    The technology has grown tremendously over the past 10 years. There is a high-efficiency system available now that works. The industry has followed retail and has gone online. 10 years ago, there were only a few water treatment companies selling water treatment systems online. Qualitywatertreatment.com was one of the first companies to do this, starting online sales in 2003.
    What is something you wish every consumer knew about your company?
    We are a family owned and operated company, we take our business very seriously and we give all we have to take care of our customers. We take it personally when our customers’ needs are not met, and we work diligently until the issues are solved. We sell high-quality water treatment systems at a low profit margin, but on top of that we also give top notch customer support and technical help when needed free of charge to customers that purchases a water treatment system from us.

Some consumers don’t have knowledge that your brick and mortar dealers not only charge a lot more money for a system that may or may not be of the same quality-they also charge for service and technical support at a rate ranging from $50 to $100 per hour.
    Has your business received any rewards or recognition for its products or services that your customers would like to know about?
    We received the Best Business award in our industry in 2010, in Houston Texas. We are also a member of ConsumerAffairs with high rankings from our customers.
    How has your company grown or evolved?
    We started as a small one man operation in 1990. Quality Water Treatment was founded by Craig Phillips. Craig worked for a large water treatment company in a small town where he grew up in. In 1988, the company he worked for closed the office he was transferred to, over 4 hours away from his hometown. Craig and his young family struggled for over a year trying to find work and make ends meet, living on local trout that he caught from local lakes and streams because they could not afford to buy food.

With a lot of hard work and sacrifice, Quality Water Treatment was born in 1990. We had a storefront and shop in our hometown, and we specialized in treating well and surface water. Craig grew the business and was a one man show until 1995, doing sales, marketing, installing, servicing, testing water and designing the proper water treatment systems to treat the water for different applications.

In 1995 Quality Water Treatment hired their first employee, who happened to be an old colleague that worked for the same company Craig worked for. This colleague left the old company in 1988 as well and got into the pump and well business. In 1997 Craig partnered with him and opened a pump and well company where they replaced and repaired well pumps, pressure tanks and storage tanks. They also did well development projects and repaired wells that were collapsing by using a sleeving method.

In 2001 Craig injured his back severely doing well work, pulling a pump by hand from 220 feet in the ground. After that Craig was limited to doing office work only. Shortly after the internet became mainstream, Qualitywatertreatment.com was born. The internet part of the business started to grow fast.

In 2004 Craig sold his shop and the pump and well business to his pump and well partner and went solely online. Craig did all the internet sales and technical support until 2005. In 2005 Craig’s oldest son started with the company. In 2008 Craig’s daughter that just graduated from college started with the company, and in 2014 are youngest son started with us. His wife Debbie has always helped with the books, and for a short time she was also answering phones.

To date, Qualitywatertreatment.com is a family owned and operated business.

Quality Water Treatment Company Information