4.1/5 (821 ratings)

About Pur Water Filters

Pur Water Filters Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pur Water Filters?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pur Water Filters?

Original review: July 18, 2015

I purchased an on-the-tap over minerals water filter by Pur last month. Within 2 weeks there was a pressure crack down the side and water squirting at the seal. Very dissatisfied.

Original review: July 15, 2015

My brother and I both bought a PUR water system. He had a problem with a leak on the faucet, and was able to send to the manufacturer for a replacement metal connectors instead of plastic. We both have had a problem with the green light. My green light goes out after about 8 or 10 gallons of water. I continue to use it for at least 30 gallons. My brother has learned to do that. I figured out almost after the first filter that this green light system does not work. You just have to estimate your water usage and change the filter when you believe it is time.

Original review: July 3, 2015

I have purchased three pur water filter and they have all quit working right away. I am so frustrated with them. I will never buy another one. I should get my money back on my last one. I loved them when they were working, but that did not last very long. The problem is the light stops working. Also it sprays everywhere.

Original review: July 1, 2015

I got the unit and installed it. The light that shows that the unit is still filtering stopped working. I e-mailed Pur, but the amount of info they needed to even talk about it was ludicrous. So I just bought a new one. Well that light went out too. So now I have to estimate when I think the filter is no longer working. CHEAP EQUIPMENT.

Original review: June 4, 2015

I recently sent back 4 Pur Water Filter systems to the company for faulty green lights. The company was very understanding and sent me back 4 new units. I may be unhappy with the system at that time but very pleased in the way Pur took care of my problem! I was not expecting that they would replace all of them. I like the way the product works most of the time. I will continue to support them.

Original review: June 3, 2015

I am pleased with the design of the sink filter, but it leaks a steady stream of water during the filtration cycle. It appears as though the small strainer/gasket is restricting the flow, or the filter itself is creating the back pressure. What is your recommended fix for this problem? Reading a few reviews I'm not the first with this.

Original review: June 2, 2015

I have owned a series of Pur Faucet Water Filters and this problem has recurred on all of them. When the new filter is placed in the system a green light is supposed to signal that the filter is working properly. Upon replacing the third new filter, the light flashes red instead of green. On each subsequent use of the filter the light flashes red. Supposedly the red light signals the need to replace the filter. This creates the confusion of not knowing when to put in a new filter. On June 2nd 2015 I contacted the help line at Pur. He told me it was not my fault and gave me these options: 1) Ignore the light and mark on the calendar the date installed and three months later replace the filter. 2) Ship the filter back to Pur and wait for them to ship me a replacement.

The first option means that I am not getting the service that I paid for because Pur sold me a defective product and I am just to live with it. The second option means I have to pay shipping to send the defective filter to them. Then I wait for them to ship a replacement. I will be without a filtration system while I wait for the transaction to take place. And that the new system will have the same faults as the old system. I told their representative that I was very disappointed with them. I do not have the money to invest in another system. Once again a screwed consumer!

Original review: May 6, 2015

I installed a PUR faucet mount filter system to replace another brand. What sold me on the PUR was the green light (good filter) red light (bad filter) feature. On my 3rd filter, the light stopped working. Maybe it was the off brand filter replacement? No, even putting the old PUR filter back in didn't help. I figured out why the light stopped working. I figured it was broken, so I might as well crack it open and see what the problem was. The battery died. Really? Yes, there is a battery sealed inside this plastic sarcophagus. This was never intended to be a replaceable part. Everything is sealed in a clear epoxy from the circuit board, to the LED, to the watch battery that runs it all. All in all, it was a great idea, very poorly executed. I'd like to send the destroyed filter back to the engineer that designed it.

Original review: April 27, 2015

Where I live, the water is really bad so I started buying Pur water system for the kitchen sink. My first one (I have bought 8 of them) I got it all set up, no problems and in a couple of days it started to leak water. And I thought that it was me, that maybe I didn't do something right. Out of all eight of them I bought, they all leak and by the second month of using them, the light stops working. Do not buy this product!!!

Original review: April 27, 2015

I have used the faucet filter and there is no light coming on to let me know when to change it. I have been diagnosed with terminal cancer and it is essential for me to have clean water. I am afraid to buy bottled water due to it coming in plastic. So, this is my only affordable alternative. Please return an answer soon.

Original review: March 25, 2015

We have used a PUR faucet water filter unit for years. A few years ago, they switched from the screw on attachment design to the "1-click." After constant water leaks and the unit being blown off the faucet when turned to filter, I contacted the company and they sent an array of plastic and metal & plastic adapters which supposedly would solve the problem. It only partially helped; I had to tear up an old t-shirt into strips and wrap around the filter and the faucet about 5 times to anchor it on and to block the sprinkler effect. Fast forward 1 year: the adapter provided to solve the problem failed (wore down?) and the filter came flying off despite the t-shirt tether! I am just now reading of the company changing hands.... you are now reading of my changing water filtration companies!

Original review: March 11, 2015

The lights on the water filter don't work, so I don't know if my Filter is cleaning it or not. Going back to bottled water.

Original review: March 5, 2015

The newer model has leaked from day one. I've had it approximately 6 months and now when I turn it on it shoots water to the ceiling. My mom has used them for years and now she has to replace the whole unit every 3-4 months and keeps paper towels around her so water doesn't shoot everywhere! I wish they would make them like they use to.

Original review: March 3, 2015

Today I tested my mother in laws PUR filter water in her pitcher and it came up full of copper, nitrate nitrogen, nitrite nitrogen, and the levels were very high!!!! The pitcher's green button is working yet why do these readings come out so high. Here they are NITRATE NITROGEN was 25ppm, COPPER was 2ppm, CHLORINE 1ppm, NITRITE NITROGEN 1ppm. That was only the 4-way test? Are these high enough to call a lawyer? Please help with advice- these filters are brand new and the water pitcher is only from Dec 2014?

Original review: March 2, 2015

I had a fairly new filter in but the Red Light would blink on and be off for a while then back on. So I put in a new filter cartridge and the Red Light is still doing the same thing. Also I read somewhere recently that these things don't even really work anyway.

Original review: March 2, 2015

I purchased a 6-pack PUR water filter and when I opened my filter, it had sand and felt oily (the filter), and my water has a plastic taste and it smells like plastic too. Why is this happening? I don't want to get sick or have kidney problems because of a bad filter.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2015

We purchased our system last year (2014). We have never had a crack or leak. What we do have that is very annoying is when you switch the lever to filter the water it comes out in a very small trickle. I put my coffee pot under it to fill for 12 cups. I can go and make my bed and come back and it is still filling. This is ridiculous. We changed filters but they do the same thing.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2015

Pur Water Filter purchased to replace depleted filter. Place approximately 6 days ago and a strange taste continues to be present. Also experiencing nausea (not severe) and odd feeling in my throat.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2015

I am on my 3rd faucet mounted filtration system. The first one started leaking at the washer, spraying me with water every time I used the faucet. Purchased the "chrome" style, and after 2nd filter replacement, the LED indicator stopped functioning. The water here tastes terrible, and since I had thrown the box and receipt away, purchased another one. Mind you, they are not inexpensive. The LED indicator went out on this one after the 3rd filter change. Now I must go by the number of days used in order to know when to replace the filter. I absolutely would not recommend this system to anyone, and in the meantime am stuck with a product that does not work as promised. I can't even be sure the filter is functioning properly since I go by the number of days, not gallons of water filtered.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2015

When we attach our new filter to our faucet, it leaks and sprays water. We have changed the attachment, removed and tried the filter again. We paid over $39.00 for that but since I threw away the box and receipt for this filter, I am stuck with it. We are very disappointed since our first PUR filter worked so well.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2015

When we first bought the white one it worked for a couple of months and the filters seemed to last a couple of months as well. Then the light stopped working. We bought a black one. Since then the light consistently turns from green to orangish exactly every TEN days. It turns red three days after that.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2015

I have used the PUR pitcher filters for years and never had any problems, besides wishing it held more water. So I bought a larger filter pitcher and keep one on my counter and one in the fridge. Recently, beginning of January I needed a replacement filter. After soaking for 15 min and rinsing, it filtered one pitcher of water slowly. I continued to use for a week but the water tasted funny, so figured I had a bad one and just used my counter pitcher until I could return it. Returned it and bought a new one and now the same thing has happened, but it doesn't even filter the water after 2 pitchers! I haven't called PUR yet, but after reading other responses it sounds like they have changed. I will call and give one last chance.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2015

We purchased a Pur Water Filter and after about 9 months - it cracked and water went spraying, but we contacted KAZ ConsumerRelations@kaz.com and received a prompt reply and replacement. We are hopeful that this one will last longer and were satisfied with the prompt handling of our complaint.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2015

Keep having to buy new female connecting in that screws on to the end of the faucet. Plastic metal keep squirting water out of the plastic connects to the middle female at all the time. Doesn't even last 30 days at times. Either make it all metal so I can next up early and doesn't spray water over the place or old plastic. Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2015

PUR Advanced Faucet Water Filter Model FM-4100B: I've used PUR filters for 17 years, ever since I moved to S FL where water is awful. About 1 1/2 years ago I purchased the new modern looking, supposedly improved filter. I certainly like the look, silver tone is more appropriate on the faucet and installation and changing filters if easier. PROBLEM is the LED indicator light stops working after a few months. My first new filter lasted for about 3 or 4 months then the light indicating filter lever died. I complained to PUR and they sent a new filter. Now the second filter has the same problem, indicator light stopped working! I just complained again to PUR and requested a replacement. FYI the older version with the red line (no fancy LED display) indicator lasted for 12 years. New model is definitely flawed and not made to last.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2015

Faucet mounted water filter started leaking two weeks after being installed. Tried tightening and would hold for awhile and then leak again at faucet input. LED indicator light stopped working. This is my second unit, first one had the same problem.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2015

I have used and liked the pur water system for years. I purchased one about 1.5 years ago... the chrome version that has a light that tells you when to change the filter. The filter housing split in two about the 3rd month of use. I called Pur and received a replacement... it lasted about 3 months also. So, I called them again. I figured this must be a problem with the line of filters, but they told me they had not heard of anyone else having the problem and that they would replace it one last time, but that was it. The third one lasted longer, but it too cracked the other day. I still have a couple of filters from the 5 pack I purchased at Sam's a while back, but I have switched to the DuPont filter system.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2015

We have purchased two PUR water filtration systems. The first one was leaking from the top where it connects to the faucet and also from the aerator. The indicator light never did work at all. We purchased it at home depot and misplaced the receipt. We had it for 6 weeks and we decided to just purchase another one. We now have had the second one for one month. It was working just fine and now it's leaking and the indicator light stopped working on it. We are going to try to take it back. I guess I can join the rest of all the people that have the same complaints. This product is a piece of junk and shouldn't even be on the store shelves to purchase. It deserves to have zero stars. I will never purchase one again.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2015

I have not read about the problem I have with the filter. When I run the faucet without the filter lever turned down, filtered water comes out the filter port.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2015

We have used Pur filters on our Kenmore side-by-side refrigerator for 10 years with no problem. A week ago we replaced the filter and since that time our ice tastes salty. It has white crystals on the cubes. Nasty! We are afraid to drink the water and throw out batch after batch of ice, thinking it will eventually flush out whatever chemical is causing the problem. Of course, we no longer have the box and can't return it to Sears. We read reviews about a bad batch of filters recently. Guess we were lucky enough to get one of them.

Pur Water Filters Company Information