Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.52/5

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Take a Water Treatment Systems Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Pur Water Filters Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pur Water Filters?
        How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pur Water Filters?

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

Called several times, rep refused to resolve. LED light has never worked. Filters never last two months as stated on box. Rep said it was "up to 2 months" & 5 weeks was within the guarantee! Will not buy again but couldn't get a refund nor replacement.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

I had my Pur Maxion system just shy of a month. The first filter only lasted two weeks before the indicator turned red even though it was supposed to last 3 months. The replacement filter started blinking red exactly less than two weeks after that. I have since wasted two replacement filters trying to get it to blink green again, but it still blinks red with new filters. This whole endeavor was a ridiculous waste of money.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

Purchased Pur faucet filter about six months ago and recently the light indicator stopped working. I began looking at the reviews to see if anyone mentioned about the same problem and a fix for it. Wow. There were a lot of consumers with the same problem. I bought a bad product. I will not invest on the product name. I counted on the light indicator because I have a busy schedule. I don’t think I will always remember to write down the date when I repacked the filter every three months.

Original review: July 10, 2018

We also paid $50 for this piece of junk. No matter what, every filter we use it immediately starts blinking red indicating that the filter needs to be changed. The filters are expensive, and we wasted two the last time to make sure. From the reviews, I see it is pointless to ask for a refund and sounds like I certainly would not want a replacement. They need to be reported to the Better Business Bureau. Big waste of money.

Original review: June 20, 2018

This review is for the PUR Maxion filter/pitcher. Filter is slow and ridiculously impractical. You can only fill up a few inches of water into the pitcher at a time. Who is going to stand around their sink area and wait for 30 min. to fill up a water pitcher one serving at a time?! Useless waster of money. I will be going back to the other brand of filter pitcher.

Original review: June 20, 2018

Quality control: Brownish slime came off 11 cup pitcher lead-removing filter after 15 min soak/10 sec rinse. CS agent stated co. aware of prob; working on correction. Offered to send replacement w/o lead filtering. Second CS agent said faucet filter is better than pitcher.

Original review: June 18, 2018

I have had my Pur Advanced water filter less than 1 year. It developed a sudden and MAJOR leak. I reseated the filter, along with also reseating the unit itself, and it still leaked like crazy. I called the customer service line listed on the original packaging. First of all, it took me calling every day or so for TWO WEEKS to get through to anyone. Secondly, the gentleman that I spoke with was polite and professional enough, but stated that the warranty is a "limited warranty" and that I have to send the product back at MY EXPENSE, and then wait for 2-4 more weeks to get a new filter.

The paperwork I have does not state ANYWHERE that is is a "limited" warranty, nor that I would be responsible for any cost should the product fail. This is truly unacceptable, and although I politely and thoroughly expressed my displeasure, I was told that this is the policy, take it or leave it. I will not purchase another product from this company.

Original review: May 1, 2018

As many others have found out the hard way. First few gallons of water go through the water pitcher filter just fine and tastes clear and great. Filter quickly blocks up. First filter worked for 10 gallons, second worked for 8.5 and the last only worked for 5.5 before clogging. No amount of vinegar shaking or drying out fixed problem. Found YouTube video where user cuts filter in half and finds out company puts Styrofoam balls in the filter to block it up as a design to wear out filter so you buy more!! RIP OFF. DO NOT BUY PUR FILTERS.

Original review: April 14, 2018

Sure you could just take the company's word for it that their filter is great, but if you try looking for actual lab data about the effectiveness of these filters you won't find any information. I was specifically looking to find the lead filtration effectiveness. Not possible. If you care about investing in your water quality, take the $50 a year you would spend on water filters and get a reverse osmosis system that is actually guaranteed to remove everything including such carcinogenic contaminants as hexavalent chromium (Pur is guaranteed to be ineffective against this contaminant).

Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

I purchased the Pur Max Ion water filter a few months ago for $50. Within 3 months the filter developed a sudden major leak. It came with a 2 year warranty. Upon contacting Pur customer support (they apparently outsource this to a company called Kaz), they told me to ship the unit back to them AT MY EXPENSE. This is totally unacceptable and I demanded that they send me a shipping label at their expense.

I predict I will now be ignored by them but I want to share this experience with others so that they may use another brand of water filter. And btw, this is now the 2nd Pur water filter I've had effectively explode within the last 1.5 years. There is nothing wrong with my water pressure - it is the flimsy construction of their water filters that is the issue. In both cases, the O-rings joining the separable parts of the unit housing the replaceable filter have failed with some partial bending of the plastic shell. I wonder if the same O-ring engineers who worked on the Challenger Space Shuttle now work for Pur!

Pur Water Filters Company Information